Windows Support Forum

spectre x360 running very hot

Q: spectre x360 running very hot

My new Spectre laptop is way too hot for my lap. The last post on this I see in the forum is from 2015. Has there been an update on how to correct this or should I return it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/spectre-x360-running-very-hot/td-p/5817266
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: spectre x360 running very hot

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 19.78%

Does anyone out there has experimented to use a Sound Card on a IBM Power 7 server running AIX 7.1

I know the card should be a PCIe lo profile to match the hardware. My concern is mainly with having the system recognize the card and drivers on AIX.

Any help will be apreciated.

A:Sound cards on IBM Power7 Servers running AIX 7.1

The proprietary Unix OS should recognize the sound cards with out problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-cards-on-ibm-power7-servers-running-aix-7-1.171763/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

As the title suggest, can you clarify to me if I can run a ddr3 2133 on Gigabyte H81M-DS2 which according to the website (Gigabyte) that it supports only up to 1600 of DDR3. I have a 4GBx2 of DDR3 2133 G-Skill, others say I can use XMP to use the advertise speed of the ram which 2133Mhz. Currently my ram is running at 1600 which the defualt speed. Will it break my system?

Thanks.

A:Gigabyte H81M-DS2 running a DDR3 2133Mhz

Anything over the specified limits will create room for error and instability. You can technically run the RAM at the rated speeds from my understanding, but it's not guaranteed that it'll work without any problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-h81m-ds2-running-a-ddr3-2133mhz.213688/
Relevancy 19.78%

I'm currently in the process of trying to run three separate videos on three separate computers which are then connected to three separate projectors (sorry if this seems confusing). I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.

I've read posts about the VLC Media Player, but am not sure if it's what I need since I will be using three separate computers and then connecting to projectors.

If anyone knows of a way that I can do this either with the VLC Media Player or without I'd greatly appreciate the help. Thanks guys, xx

(I'm not quite sure if this should be solved with hardware or software)

A:Running three videos on separate computers simultaneously

I want these videos being projected to all start and run simultaneously, keeping them in sync with one another.Click to expand...

almost 99.9% impossible. Whether it's streaming or simple MP4s, each system is pulling independently and every system has a unique client-host latency and will likely get out of sync almost immediately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-three-videos-on-separate-computers-simultaneously.212543/
Relevancy 20.21%

hi all just bought emachinesD620-261G16Mi MODEL NO -ms2257 from a y whos had enough of it..manufactured in 2008 she bought it and was very slow so as insurance still valid she sent it back , they had it 8 months then she got it back and still same problem press power on button and takes a while to load to desktop but then every application u click I get the little timer circle come up and everything takes ages please help .. it has
amd athlon 2650e cpu , 1gb ram ddr2 160gb harddrive please help

just to add on it now and I close an application or even a photo and I get the timer circle takes at least 30 seconds before I can click anything else . and sometimes all the icons on desktop dissapear then reappear after a while

A:Emachines running very very slow

Have you scanned for malware? (the obvious IS my speciality)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-running-very-very-slow.181026/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am trying to make some games on steam not lag the most difficult one I have to get to stop lagging is Rage and I'm looking for a processor and video card combination that wont kill my lap top. its running windows 7 ultimate with an AMD Sempron m120 2.10 GHz 4 GB ram and a 64 bit operating system. any info would help I'm sick of it taking 2 hours to drive a 4 wheeler to the first mission and then it crashing.

A:I am running an HP g61 laptop

Firstly I want a golden eagle bust, secondly don't game on a laptop, and lastly there's no way to buy a CPU (GPU just maybe with amplifiers but not worth it) for your laptop. If you want to invest money consider building a gaming desktop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-running-an-hp-g61-laptop.208849/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello everybody
I recently built my 2nd pc and these are my specs

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

but I'm afrais my processir might be running too hot.
these are the temps I'm getting.

Idle
Prime95 100% load

A:Is my i7 4790k running too hot?

hellasenpai said:

Hello everybody
I recently built my 2nd pc and these are my specs

SSD 128GB SAMSUNG 850 Pro
1TB HDD (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

2TB HDD(from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

GPU = GTX 680 2GB (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago) MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G GeForce GTX 970 4GB 256-Bit on it's way in the mail.

Case is pretty old and doesnt have a lid but it was working fine with my pervious buid)

PSU = CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply (from previous build it was working fine 2 days ago)

Heatsink = Scythe Ashura Universal Processor Cooler

CPU = Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell Refresh Quad-Core 4.0GHz

Motherboard = MSI Z97-Gaming 7 Intel Z97 Motherboard

Memory = CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

but I'm afrais my processir might be running too hot.
these are the temps I'm getting.

Idle
Prime95 100% load

No its actually running nice and cool so do not worry. The temp limits for that processor I believe is 105 Celcius and you are way below that. Normally you want to keep below 80c for longevity of a processor (Intel side). For instance my CPU is overclocked under liquid and Prime95 runs it up to on some cores 75C and I have a Haswell-E 5930K.

You are more than perfectly fine!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-i7-4790k-running-too-hot.206076/
Relevancy 19.35%

Not sure if this is better suited for here for the Alternate OS section, but here it goes

I have pretty much switched by computer to running just Linux. Almost never boot over to Windows. Only issue I'm having with it is the Radeon graphics drivers for my R9 290 seem to be arguing with Steam. I have read Nvidia cards propritery drivers work much better with linux.
So one of my work computers needs a graphics card upgrade and I'm thinking getting a good Nvidia card to replace my R9 290 and see if that fixes my graphics driver conflit issues.
Does anyone have any experiance with that and what would be a good card comperable to the R9 290 from Nvidia's end of things?

Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics card running Steam on Linux

The Geforce GTX780Ti or the big boys would be the only way for u to go, that would be comparable. and I would have no idea on driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-card-running-steam-on-linux.207200/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey there I could use a little help here I have a kingston hiperx GB ram memory KHX C D B GB installed on my PC but its I something? Should 1600 ram 1333. at running hiperx do kingston running at MHz 1600 kingston hiperx ram running at 1333. Should I do something? instead of the advertised I made some digging and found out that it s not an anomaly vendor says that the card CAN run at no problem but its set by default at and I can manually set the speed if I want to Also made some digging on forums and some people say it can be done no harm there and others say it s not worth risking whatever the risk is and just let it be because I wouldn t notice the difference anyway but I have always relied on techspot for my PC issues and so I do so again Main question here is should I change it from to and if I should whats the proper way to do it If useful the other specs of my PC are ASUS A- XM A motherboard with AMD A K APU GHz and RADEON R GB DDR Video card I use it mainly for gaming view my series working and making video dvds Thanks in advance for whatever help you can give me nbsp

A:1600 kingston hiperx ram running at 1333. Should I do something?

All RAM, no matter the speed, is by default clocked to 1333MHz by the CPU/motherboard/BIOS as a safety factor. There is no harm in changing it to the advertised values since it is tested to operate at that speed. All you need to do is reboot the PC and spam the BIOS key (whatever key it says on the boot splash screen). Once in there, it is hard to guide you since all BIOS are different and ASUS could have changed the location of this setting. It is usually under advanced chipset settings though. Just search around for anywhere in the BIOS stating "RAM" or the speed, "1333MHz". Once you find it, change the speed to 1600MHz.

Tell me if you cannot find this setting or need further assistance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/1600-kingston-hiperx-ram-running-at-1333-should-i-do-something.203830/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

Quick question and I believe the answer is NO. If you have a PC with one drive where OS is already running and configured, can you add another identical drive and configure RAID 1 without having to reinstall or reformat anything?

Thanks

A:Setting up RAID 1 on already running OS drive

Hey there, pioneerx01!

Unfortunately, you can't convert a single drive into a RAID array without data loss. At least one sector will be overwritten, which will cause problems because the file system and partition information will not be correct anymore. This will lead to a lot of annoying notifications and very unpleasant problems.
However, I believe there's a chance to create RAID arrays while keeping the data but I'd strongly advise against it.
The best way to deal with this is the safe way - back up your data and properly create the RAID 1 array.

Hope this helps.
SuperSoph_WD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-raid-1-on-already-running-os-drive.205730/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone I recently mounted this new PC just listing the relevant parts - AMD FX- Eight-Core - MSI Gaming Motherboard http thepcenthusiast com msi- -gaming-am -motherboard-unleashed - G Skill Ripjaws X DDR PC - GB CL x modules of GB Dual channel in slots and at readings) Is 1600mhz? running RAM: or it (Contradictory 2133 - Win - RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) bit My motherboard specs states that I should be able to enjoy mhz memory just IF I overclock and up to mhz without it quot Supports DDR OC MHz quot Nevertheless I m getting contradictory readings from different programs so I don t really know at which memory speed I am currently running I went to the BIOS to stablish the mhz via overclok settings MSI Command center is telling me I m running at Mhz x modules but the total DRAM frequency frequency reader states quot Mhz quot which is x modules I ve tried with OC Genie II both enabled an disabled from the BIOS OC Genie is the smart overcloking software from MSI Enables a slight and conservative overclock I have it enabled just in case but I don t believe it is necesarry in order to allow single manual RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) overclocks from the BIOS like memory frequency I m not looking for CPU overclock right now just to enable mhz of memory On the other hand CPU-Z states DRAM frequency at Mhz but NB RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings) Frequency at Mhz So I m a little bit confused How many Mhz I m currently Running I am not supposed to have at least mhz readings without overcloking even taking in account that my motherboard quot Supports DDR OC MHz quot Maybe I m reading something wrong or maybe I m not using the right tools for reading it All suggestions and ideas are welcome Thanks in advance for all the help nbsp

A:RAM: Is it running at 2133 or 1600mhz? (Contradictory readings)

Did you just put in the RAM and be done with it or did you go into the BIOS and set the frequencies to the advertised amount? Motherboard default the RAM to 1333MHz.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-is-it-running-at-2133-or-1600mhz-contradictory-readings.204887/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hey there,

This is my first high end computer and first time overclocking. I'm running the i5 4670k with Geforce GTX 770 and Corsair Hydro Series H75. I overclocked the CPU too 4.3GHZ. I was running wolfenstein today and was monitoring with speed fan for my computer temperatures and noticed the CPU got up to 58c. is this normal ? or is that running to hot ?

Thanks in advanced !!

A:Is my CPU running too hot?

Yes, very normal temperature. If it's running 85C+ for an extended time and you're not using 100% CPU, then you need to start perhaps worrying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-cpu-running-too-hot.203267/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have had a look round the posts but nothing I try stops the internal drive getting accessed.
I have unchecked the CD autorun using TweakUI (this worked for someone else)
I have temp disabled AVG along with BoostSpeed and Team Viewer
The only process running apart from sys idle is svchost.exe (1%)

I hope someone out there manages to work their magic as they did the last time I posted here!
Thanks

A:Hard drive light flashing with nearly no processes running

Sounds like the System Index service is running.

When you find that happening, disconnect from the Internet to be sure MS Update is not running or something on your system is phoning home to be sure.

To see all Internet connections from your PC, grab a copy of CurrPorts - - runas admin and you will see everything. Click on the column heading Remote Host Name to get active connections at the top if the list. The menu Options is used to customize the display; here's my list

display Listen, Established, TCP, UDP, IPv6,

display port in The Address,

sort on refresh,
Ask Before Any Action
That last one is interesting; running as admin, you can Close a port or Kill the application with that port.

CurrPorts identifies all ports on the pc (mine number 112 as I write) and if I select all ports with a Remote Address, I see I have 20 connections.

btw: Remote Addresses shown as 127.0.0.1:nnn are local services (like a proxy or AV service), so out of the 20, only two are actually remote - - both HTTP browser connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-light-flashing-with-nearly-no-processes-running.202265/
Relevancy 19.78%

hello to all ,
I find the threads very intresting and helpfull for a gizzer guy, well here goes ,my daughter has a PP29l dell that won't power up and she ask ,dad can you fix this? so I say Let me look at it. I then went to your tech site and learded how to take it apart to fix the problem of: powers up for one moment ,fan runs then stops , no screen, according to SimonEast I'm looking for a mag sensor labled u1 but having trouble locating it . is it in the board above the two mouse pads or on the mother board or in the display screen?. as far as i can tell the small board above the pads won't remove very easily,need a little more price guidence.
thanks

A:Dell PP29L stops running after a second

What is the Service Tag or the Express Service Code number?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-pp29l-stops-running-after-a-second.178562/
Relevancy 20.21%

I put together a comp. with parts of my brothers old comp. For my brother to have a new 1 ,but he wanted programs like office "which is on his old Hard drive" and my widows vista business that I have doesn't have office . So I thought maybe I could put his old hard drive as a slave drive and he would have all his old programs ,but it say's they won't run on that OS. Is there any way around this or am I better off getting office somewhere and fresh installing it ?His old Comp. was a Dell.

A:Running off slave drive

What you want to do can't be done. Has to be installed on that Windows install.

Does he really need "Microsoft Office"? because there are a few pretty solid free office suites out there, just for some of the more complex formatting causes problems sharing with people that use Microsoft Office.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-off-slave-drive.200846/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello!
Nice to be part of this great website.
How can I get rid of a radio running in the background of my PC? Please, help.

A:Running radio in the background

More info please. Operating System for starters & welcome to TS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-radio-in-the-background.200549/
Relevancy 18.49%

I have an ASUS U56E laptop that randomly reboots when running anything, minesweeper, spider solitare, IE explorer. No bluescreen appears, the screen goes black and the machine reboots. If you win a spider solitare game and leave the fireworks running in background it does not reboot, but if you leave the fireworks running for a while as soon as you kill the fireworks it shuts down immediately. I have run temperate checks, memory check, full disk scan, and reloaded the machine from initial disks. I even brought it to Best Buy and their geek squad told me they tested it thouroughly by running a video streamer on it and it didn't shut down after 4 hours so there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know where to go from here and appreciate any suggestions.

A:Asus U56E laptop randomly reboots - except when fireworks from winning spider solitare is running

"reloaded the machine from initial disks" Did you do a clean install of Windows and reapply all the Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-u56e-laptop-randomly-reboots-except-when-fireworks-from-winning-spider-solitare-is-running.187107/
Relevancy 19.78%

AMD Radeon Hd 7900
i5 Procceser
Windows 7 x64
8.00 Gig RAM

A:Good PC yet steam games running at 10FPS

Is this a laptop or a desktop? Have you tried to update the video drivers to see if that makes a difference? What else do you have that is running while you try to play games? You need to give some more information like: what games are getting low FPS and your PC information (make and model - or is it custom built)? We should be able to help you, just need more to troubleshoot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-pc-yet-steam-games-running-at-10fps.194542/
Relevancy 20.21%

For about a week I noticed my motherboard has been running hot on the display on my case it's been showing 130-136 F (alarm temp). All the fans seem to be working, not sure what could be causing this. This screenshot is from right now, only thing running is chrome with 5 tabs open

A:Motherboard running way to hot

Only thing that looks hot from the Screenshot is the cputin and that's probably a glitch reading.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-running-way-to-hot.191291/
Relevancy 19.78%

I slow running games Laptop m curious to know why this Acer aspired v - runs games slow Like Street fighter X Tekken can t run at max Laptop running games slow Iron brigade or even this MMO I play being FFXI I get lag running everything on high Specs AMD Quad core processor A AMD Radeon HD g MB GB DDR GB HDD I play FFXI a lot and I can t even increase resolution a bit or some settings higher because I will begin to experience some lag quot moving game camera slower then normal speed quot is there a particular reason as to why this laptop is having problems with light weight games I have only updated GPU driver and replaced HDD with SSD ive notice no improvements for any game other then pc booting in seconds and everything else OS wise is insane fast quot I m being told that if I update ram to gaming better ram my experience will increase Because this stock ram quot sucks quot so I m looking at GB HMZ should I buy that will it even help me is stock ram from laptops in general just bad nbsp

A:Laptop running games slow

It's a mobile low-end APU. You don't actually have a graphics card.

You need to turn down the graphical details in games.

RAM won't help you much, 4GB is OK.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-running-games-slow.190744/
Relevancy 19.35%

I ve only had my PC for about a year now and it s been going slower by every passing month I ve never installed anything E218 Dual Pentium slower running Core than rated on my PC except games from Steam and Windows Update stuff and graphics card Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated drivers from the official AMD website My Intel Pentium Dual Core E GHz is now running at GHz I always keep my PC clean and virus Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated free yet for some reason the CPU has slowed down a lot and games that I used to play before are almost unplayable now A friend suggested that I might have to update my BIOS but he also said that up and it could ruin my PC forever and I ve got just as much PC experience as a turtle has speed I recently upgraded to Windows -bit from Windows XP -bit but my CPU still remains at GHz I ve never overclocked or fidgeted with anything on my PC I sometimes carefully hoover out the dust on my CPU but I already had this problem a while before I hoovered my CPU When I m on my desktop my CPU temperature is always at around C in-game it s around C so it s not overheating I hope you can help -Love Panda nbsp

A:Pentium Dual Core E218 running slower than rated

Try changing your power settings. I would switch it to high performance mode. Now, what are you using to monitor your CPU ? Are you getting these figures while the computer is idle or doing simple tasks? It could just be down clocking itself because of speed step.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pentium-dual-core-e218-running-slower-than-rated.190364/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all I just had a couple quick questions I just upgraded to dual s which I have crossfired Crossfired right? 7970s running HD now in games all the cutscenes seem to lag and my frames only run around - fps with fraps on is there anyway to fix this issue also I got a free copy of crysis and that game is only running at - fps compared to black ops running - fps on max setting is anyone also having that issue below is my system spec and a couple avg in game fps I usually get x Acer Monitors In Eyefinity MSI z a-GD motherboard Intel I- k ghz gb G skill Sniper Crossfired HD 7970s running right? mhz ram x XFX black edition video cards stock clock Cruical M gb SSD Boot drive TB WD Black Game Drive XFX watt Power Supply Some Avg Framerates I Get with all Max settings x Res Counter Strike GO - Left Dead - Black Ops - Team Fortress - Rainbow Six Vegas - nbsp

A:Crossfired HD 7970s running right?

Um, what driver are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crossfired-hd-7970s-running-right.190148/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all got a toshiba satellite p200-1ee and my sister used it one night for karaoke .anyway after people in pub was helping her load van and 1 brought out laptop rested it against the speaker and it fellthen when moving van .. ran straight over the laptop yes I know what ***** put the laptop standing next to wheels.. well not laptop few cracks here and there screen is damaged .. PROBLEMS laptop no screen even when plugged in external monitor also power light flashes blue twice and orange twice ..all the bottom and top looks fine just plastic cracked round sides dvd opens and shuts normal any help to y light flashing and y no screen even with external monitor .. thanks

A:Problems after running over laptop

Does it make any noises when you turn it on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-after-running-over-laptop.189510/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am interested on having 4 or 5 monitors on 1 GPU. In fututre I might add another GPU for doubling this number (if possible).
1) Is it possible to do that? (two same GPUs for many monitors?)
2)I have some GPUs in mind.
a) XFX HD-677X-NZFC Radeo HD 6770 1 GB
b) xfx-radeon-hd-6870
c) gigabyte-gv-n650oc-1gi-graphics-card-gf-gtx-650-1gb
d) sapphire-radeon-hd-7770-flex
e) Asus GT 640.

Which one do you believe shall I choose?
Are these cards for 4-5 monitors as I believe?

All these are up to 150 euro.
I do not care for gaming. Only have many windows - apps running (software,emails, etc)
Thank you very much for all your help

A:Four or five monitors running on one cheap GPU

What resolution are the monitors and what inputs do they have (Displayport would be preferable)? Also you need to clarify if you need 4 or 5 monitors, that will make a big difference as quite a few cards support 4 monitors but finding a single card which supports 5-6 monitors is much harder.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/four-or-five-monitors-running-on-one-cheap-gpu.188682/
Relevancy 20.21%

This is my first build Now don t get me wrong I am really considering having someone else take my components and do the quot building quot part for me but im kind of fishing for confidence guidance to do it my self to save money and gain experience doing it on my own I have bought my parts in two separate orders now this Wednesday will have every thing here to get up and running all but the video card It s not the hardware part that is making me worried im plenty confidant with a screw driver and electricity as well as far as taking care of buisness with wire management and air flow but the software BIOS the first boot and the possible troubleshoot with those aspects has me biting my nails Even if everything I bought gives me no trouble at all and boots up perfectly I am finicky about getting every thing fully optimized and running smoothly and stable because I have never seen a bios and I have never seen a PC minus a windows varient On the otherside of quot a perfect world quot if Should my and running? build up get I pay someone just to I have DOA parts and this thing doesnt power on im going to be in cold sweat getting it taken care of mind you I have till the th till my first order falls out of Newegg s day policy nbsp

A:Should I just pay someone to get my build up and running?

Do you know anyone who could help guide you while you put the computer to gather. This would let you do it your self. Plus you would learn from it. Plus keep you from falling out of the dead line on your parts. If not you should be able to do it your self. You can always post here if you run into a problem. There are a lot of good people here who know there stuff that will help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/should-i-just-pay-someone-to-get-my-build-up-and-running.185423/
Relevancy 20.21%

Just looking at running 2 laptops with this portal 2 for schools activity in the next 2 weeks and we have Dell Latitude E6220 Laptops 15", they have a I3 clocked at 2.10GHz and 2GB Ram but only have the standard Intel HD3000 Graphics, will that work on atleast low settings?
Will also most likely be running atleast one on a TV at 1080p

A:Running Portal 2 for schools

It might work, you could check http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/CYRI/intro.aspx to see what it says and if you can run it or not. It should run on low pretty well. Valve games are never too demanding.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-portal-2-for-schools.183604/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a pentium dual core e6600 which is supposed to be 3.06ghz, but the cpu meter desktop gadget is telling me it is running at 1594mhz. I have not done anything with otver/underclocking, so can someone tell me how I can get it to run at the proper speed?

A:Intel Pentium E6600 running slowly

Try running stress tests like Prime95, look at the gadget while its in stress

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-pentium-e6600-running-slowly.183025/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just finished building my new budget gaming system half an hour ago, and having since then installed CPU-Z, I notice my AMD FX-6100 black edition is running at 1.3GHz instead of the usual 3.3GHz.
I have no idea what's wrong with it since everything else is running perfectly.
also, under the 'Graphics' Tab, It says my 550Ti has a core clock of 50MHz, shaders 101MHz, and Memory 135MHz.
is it just me or is that insanely slow??

please help me fix this! I don't want a slow pc!

heres the parts list:

Case: Corsair Carbide 400r
CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition
Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper TX3 EVO (running in push-pull config)
Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX550Ti
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM
Memory: 8GB Patriot Gamer2 1333MHz
Motherboard: ASRock 970 Extreme 4
Optical Drive: LG DVDRW
Power Supply: Corsair HX-650

Thanks for any answers!

A:CPU only running at 1GHz

Most likely it's because you're looking at the numbers when your computer is idle. CPUs and GPUs downclock automatically when idle, it reduces your electricity bill and keeps your components cool.

Run a CPU/GPU intensive program in the background and check again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-only-running-at-1ghz.182350/
Relevancy 20.21%

I cant see anything in my bios related to ram, so I got this from CPU-Z.

it says that the 6GB DDr3 in my laptop is running at 675 MHz. Maybe its just me, but I didnt think DDR3 was supposed to run that slowly. it concerns my because im using a Liano APU and fast memory is a big deal. I was thinking of upgrading to 8GB and was just wondering if it was maybe a motherboard limitation (which would suck) or its somehow just slow ram..any thoughts on this?

A:Laptop DDR3 only running at 675 MHz

DDR stands for Double Data Rate so you need to multiply that by 2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-ddr3-only-running-at-675-mhz.182348/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi I posted a thread in quot viruses malwar quot After running a some all coming at slow, not running freezing, Computer up games check on the computer they saw nothing malicious suggested it is a hardware problem and suggested I post something here When I restarted my computer the other day Windows loaded normally boot time was seconds However when I clicked on the icon for Google Chrome nothing happened I tried others and the same thing I was sitting there thinking I may have picked up a virus and Google Chrome opened I discovered that it just took awhile for the programs to open so I updated and ran SE and MWB then did a disc cleanup The computer was fine The next evening I turned the computer on and the same thing happened So I repeated the process Since then the programs are sluggish to open and some of the games I play won t open at all I have Windows and have only had the computer since Sept Oct of I am not great with computers but have cleaned a computer in the past through TechSpot so I can follow instructions Any ideas nbsp

A:Computer running slow, freezing, some games not coming up at all

well the first step is making sure you dont have a ton of programs running in the system tray (next to the clock.).
If you could click the windows button, right click computer, click properties, and tell us what is written down in system, it would give us a better idea of the caliber of PC we are talking about here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-running-slow-freezing-some-games-not-coming-up-at-all.182116/
Relevancy 19.78%

Okay here of Audio out ideas problem... running is the thing on June rd my audio stop working I try to fix it but no matter what I did I couldn t get it work On June th my audio start working again It kept working till June th when I had power blackout which cause my laptop to have improper shut down cause I had the battery out I did system restore back to June rd and my audio problem start working Audio problem... running out of ideas again but then on June th my computer overheated and had improper shut down which cause audio problem to happen again I can Audio problem... running out of ideas t system restore the computer again cause the june rd restore point is no longer listed even after I click on showing restore points older than days Since then my audio has not been working There is an x over the audio icon on taskbar which says no audio output device is installed I went to device manager and realize that sound video and game controller is missing I scan for hardware changes but it doesn t appear I click show hidden devices and look at other devices folder but the only thing listed there is a keyboard filter I check to see if there is yellow mark on all devices but nothing I check windows audio automatic I check on-board audio enabled did windows and hp update up to date but audio problem is still there did a driver recovery and re-install the driver that came with computer still have the audio problem I even went on add hardware and added another driver realtek audio driver I had my sound video and game controller folder back but the device had code error This device cannot start so I uninstall the device then the sound video and game controller disappear again I try to use microsoft fix it program and it say that I do not have Speakers Conexant High Defintion SmartAudio SPDIF Interface Conexant High Defintion SmartAudio I went on the internet to look for the driver and I found it HP site I download it and try to installed it but it say I already have following file on my computer when I try to overwrite it install halfway but then towards the end it told me access denied Then a pop up shows up saying that driver installation failed could not find the device for this driver I am running out of ideas on how to fix it I went on programs and features and I see that I have conexant hd audio and hdaudio soft data fax and modem with SmartPc installed My computer is old It s a HP Pavilion dv se Entertainment Notebook Windows Vista -bit Service Pack My sound card is in-built I thought it might be broken but the computer makes a beep noise whenever I have computer pop up like whenever it is asking me to confirm if I want to install a program or if I press the backspace too much I am not sure if that means the sound card is okay or not Is it Any ideas on how to fix my audio problem nbsp

A:Audio problem... running out of ideas

Fyi... A computer doesn't need a sound card to create simple beep tones.

List any Problem devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
You can attach it to your next post by clicking Upload a file to attach it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-problem-running-out-of-ideas.181872/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi I have been having problems playing Runescape on my crappy computer I wanted to ask someone to see if there is any way i can rectify the problem My system specs http h www hp com bizsupport TechSupport Document jsp lang en amp cc us amp objectID c Just a website that shows all my system specs Basically this computer is a wal-mart computer Problem running games A Black Friday Bargain But despite that I ve not had problems running games that I know I should be able to run until I got to Runescape In fact this computer can run WoW perfectly fine On quot performance quot settings of course but it can t seem to run a simple browser-based game any higher than FPS I m here to ask if there is anything i can do hardware-wise to upgrade this computer Problem running games to help run the game while spending the least money possible I know that the graphics card sucks but I don t really care about running popular high-end games right now And I know that the card sucks because its integrated And I know I m posting in the Motherboard section But I was told to download a program called quot GPU-Z quot that basically monitors what parts of my computer are being used when I do certain things While running Runescape it says my Graphics card is at and my CPU is doing all the work Apparently this means the CPU or something is quot bottlenecking quot my graphics card and it isn t even doing any work at all So I wanted to see if it really is a CPU problem and not a graphics card problem Another hiccup is that my computer apparently only has W power supply which is terrible Is it even possible to upgrade my computer s hardware without buying a new power supply I know they can be pretty expensive Anyways thanks for the help I m kind of sporadic in this post I am just really tired Haha nbsp

A:Problem running games

The computer can handle only 4GB of DDR2 667MHz memory max. Your only real option is to buy a PCIe X16 DirectX 10 or DirectX 11 video card... The power supply may or may not support the video card though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-running-games.180248/
Relevancy 19.78%

I own a Sony Vaio VPCF111FX. The ribbon cable on the lcd is going bad causing the lcd to be pretty much shot. I can use an external monitor with it but my problem is that the laptop runs the bios on the laptop lcd, then once windows (7) starts it switches to the external display. This prevents me from accessing this BIOS. Is there any way to get the laptop to run the startup through the external display?

A:Running BIOS on external monitor

try disconnecting the ribbon cable to make it invisble at the start

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-bios-on-external-monitor.176930/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello. I just bought a Radeon HD 6870 from visiontek and after i uninstalled my old drivers and installed the new card i reset my pc and the performance of my pc slowed down so much i can barely start IE just to type this. i have seen other posts about the problem might be caused by my psu but so far none of them have helped.

These are my specs tell me if you need some more info

Motherboard ASUS M4A77TD
CPU AMD Phenom II X4 955
2 X 2GB Ram
Xion High Performance 700 Watt PSU
+12V1 25A

Also I'm not sure if this may be the problem but the PSU has a 6+2 pin that splits into a 6+2 pin I'm using both of those to power the card.

A:New GPU, PC running very slow

I'd try a friends reliable power supply and see if that helps.

You didn't say that you downloaded the most current driver from AMD. If you haven't done that already I'd make that my first priority.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gpu-pc-running-very-slow.176295/
Relevancy 19.78%

A few months back i purchased a premade acer computer It had GB of RAM an i - small power supply no video card I bought a saphire hd video card and installed it and have been playing games for two months i also bought and installed a watt power supply Today i went out and bought gigs of corsair vengeance RAM I installed it without a hitch I went to turn on the computer and a very loud noise occurred and the screen was all gross like not all the drivers were installed I turned it off and realized i hadnt hooked up the second six pin connector to the card I plugged it back in and then i got no display I unplugged it again I went into the operating system and saw it registered my gb but not my video card I am currently going to try to reseat the video card but any help solving this problem would be great in the mean time nbsp

A:HD 6870 fan running, no video output

So did the reseat work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-6870-fan-running-no-video-output.175222/
Relevancy 20.21%

My Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 6000+ used to stay between 35c-45c at the most, now it runs between 72c and 82c is there any reason this is happening and should I be seriuosly concerned? also should I just get another cpu or cooler? All solutions excepted.

A:CPU temperature running high?

I'd take a look at your current cooler and see if it may have busted. You may have a cracked heat pipe or something.

If thermal paste is applied incorrectly, air bubbles can form between the heat sink and CPU and over time can push the paste from out between those two devices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temperature-running-high.175152/
Relevancy 19.78%

I got a new SSD Samsung Series GB SATA Gps for my Dell Vostro laptop All my hardware supports SATA Gbps there s no reason for the SSD not to work well I updated to the latest firmware made a fresh installation of Windows x installed the latest chipset driver and the latest Intel RST I then tested the speed of the drive and it was about a half of what it s supposed to be and I ve read reviews showing very high performance The problem I believe is that when I looked at the RST window it says that the SATA transfer rate is Gb s So there must be something Where's SATA SSD running on Gbps? problem? the 1.5 only stopping the drive from running on SATA G I contacted Dell and after quite SSD running only on SATA 1.5 Gbps? Where's the problem? a long talk and waiting on hold they told me that there should be no reason for it not to run on SATA Gps I should also mention that I tested the SSD on another computer and it runs as fast as it should be and in SATA G Even though it s a huge improvement over my old HDD it still bugs me that I can get only about half the performance of the drive Any help on solving this would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:SSD running only on SATA 1.5 Gbps? Where's the problem?

The laptops motherboard may not support that SATA speed for SSD drives, no matter what Dell says. If the Dell support person doesn't have that particular problem on their computer list, they are helpless, as most tech support people are. Most of us here are "Real World Techs" and not Geek Squad flunkies

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-running-only-on-sata-1-5-gbps-wheres-the-problem.173316/
Relevancy 18.92%

All of the sudden my computer took twice as long to start up and my sound skips and is stretched everything is very slow my What started suddenly dell slow, this? gx520 My (pics) optiplex running doing is mouse skips as well and before no matter what I was doing no matter what I was downloading or playing games my mouse never freezes I had the free Norton that comes with comcast and after the sluggishness I downloaded malwarebytes and got AVG internet security And they did clean some viruses out But it still runs slow I updated all of my drivers I deleted almost all of my programs The only antivirus I have running is AVG and AVG PC tuneup which tuned up and fixed problems But STILL NO FIX Plus I re-installed all of my codecs and divx and everything possible updated my My dell optiplex gx520 suddenly started running slow, What is doing this? (pics) drivers with two different driver updaters Its either the drivers could be codecs or something happened to my power supply My dell optiplex gx520 suddenly started running slow, What is doing this? (pics) look at this info on my computer and tell me if something is wrong sorry you ll have to copy paste the links for the pictures i tinypic com mortw jpg i tinypic com swahit jpg i tinypic com wtfxb jpg MUCH appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-optiplex-gx520-suddenly-started-running-slow-what-is-doing-this-pics.174092/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi, as above my PC has started having boot up issues and the Sys fan is reading 0rpm but when I've opened up the casing all of the fans are running fine.

Thanks

A:My sys fan is reading 0RPM but all the fans are running

Hmmm guess this isn't a very common problem then, could it be any kind of driver issue?

I've recently upgraded from XP to windows 7 but updated all the drivers I could find from the manufacturers website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-sys-fan-is-reading-0rpm-but-all-the-fans-are-running.172036/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hey everyone I am looking at getting a computer for starwars the old republic needs to release already grr I am thinking of going through Cyberpowerpc com my brother and quite a few of my friends have bought computers from them and they seem to be the cheapest for brand new systems I was hoping I could get some of you to build what you think would be a great computer for TOR. What Wars: for gaming you are new Building running? Star comp gaming I will only be doing games on it and maybe watching movies I have monitor right now i believe is a quot viewsonic I would like to get a quot and have duel monitors I am looking to spend any where from k- k I am looking into getting a SSD with a reg hard drive for Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? storage Any questions or concerns please post them here and i will get back to you ASAP PREFER intel i unless u think i would be better with Over Clocking also if you will be playing starwars tor what kind of rig are u running right now and will be running for the game on release day so i just seen this and sorry for not doing it prior but here is what i kind of want What are you going to use the PC for Starwars TOR movies maybe blue ray maybe not not sure Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? yet thats about it How much is your budget k- k Where are you located a k a fill out your profile San Joaquin Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running? County California near stockton modesto ca Are you willing to buy online was looking at cyberpowerpc com I have put together computers myself from newegg com and a couple other places and from what i have seen cyberpower only charges roughly - dollars to put it together for you Are you going to re-use any parts from an earlier build No Do you need other peripherals like a monitor keyboard and mouse among others Yes monitor keyboard mouse and headset prefer throw in speakers ill remove if i want or dont want Have you already bought any parts no i have not bought anything Do you have an Operating System OS I have one from my laptop but i dont think i will be using it so throw in maybe windows Will you need any aftermarket cooling such as a CPU GPU cooler or a watercooling setup I prefer water cooled CPU GPU I want it to stay cool as it does get hot here during the summer months but ontop of that i would like as little noise as possible and no lights or neons I hate bright lights when im trying to sleep lol nbsp

A:Building new gaming comp for Star Wars: TOR. What are you running?

I am assuming that your present budget excludes the monitor.

Here's what I suggest:

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz - $219.99
ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 - $189.99
MSI R6950 Twin Frozr III 1G/OC Radeon HD 6950 - $239.99
CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 - $149.99
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) - $69.99
Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB - $54.99
COOLER MASTER RC-692-KKN2 CM690 II - $79.99

TOTAL - $1004.93

That leaves you with $700 for OS and peripherals.

I am personally using the Microsoft Sidewinder X4 and Logitech MX518 as my keyboard / mouse combo. Really happy with them. However, it's more down to personal preference.

With any cash that's left over you might want to get an SSD/Blu-Ray/etc. Or you might look at getting a second HD 6950 for CF.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-gaming-comp-for-star-wars-tor-what-are-you-running.170921/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hi,

I have a problem when i streamed video on the web such as Youtube, the video appear choppy and jerky while the audio is running ok. But I could run the video smoothly on 240p resolutions but not higher. Is there any setting on the laptop to improve this?

A:Video streaming on the net appear choppy and jerky while audio is running smoothly

Unfortunately I don't have any inspiring ideas, just some standard ones that I can suggest.

A) Make sure you haven't set the battery settings to low. I know on my lap top if I have it set to the power-saving setting than everything runs pretty poorly.

B) Update video card drivers. Usually my first suggestion for anything video related. Or, if you just updated them, roll back to an older version.

C) Make sure you don't have a lot of stuff running in the back ground. Did you download something recentley and then this started happening? Make sure it isn't doing funny stuff in the back ground.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. Like I said, it's nothing unorthodox, really, but hopefully it might help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-streaming-on-the-net-appear-choppy-and-jerky-while-audio-is-running-smoothly.168738/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello I Dimension slow 2350 running Dell know this Dell is rather old but it is all I have for use until I have saved for a new laptop Dell Dimension 2350 running slow My problem with it is that it is very slow It has a GHz Intel Celeron CPU and MB of RAM and it runs Windows XP Home Edition but when I attempt to browse the web via Google Chrome or Firefox or any browser it s really slow Trying to load a video on YouTube on this thing is pretty much impossible I assumed this was just normal behaviour for a machine this old but I was told by a friend that MB should be more than enough to run Windows XP without it being this slow I constantly get the quot virtual memory minimum too low quot message while trying to visit Twitter or Facebook or even when checking my mail I ve just tried increasing the virtual memory and I will check if that has made any difference but I d just like to know if there s anything else that can be done to improve this machine s performance Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Dell Dimension 2350 running slow

here are things I do to maintain my computer at its top potential:
1. update OS
2. update antivirus definition and regular scanning with antivirus and antimalware will help.
3. update device driver.
4. HDD check - chkdsk /r

hope it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimension-2350-running-slow.160796/
Relevancy 19.78%

My PSU is about - years old I just opened my case up to start running it PSU stops fan and I to manually have clean my GFX card and PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it then turned it on and noticed that my PSU fan isn t running The fan is right at the bottom of the PSU so it s parallel to the ground and the fan is facing the ground I couldn t really get a good search of the PSU online PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it but it s a cooler master atx V product no RP- PCAR W O PFC It has red numbers saying so I assume it s watts and the fan is volts Motherboard biostar Tforce P PSU cooler master atx V product no RP- PCAR W O PFC My fan isn t running when my computer is turned on and i have to take a pencil or something to manually start the spinning while the computer is on Ocassionally it ll even stop moving after a while computer still on and i have to manually spin it again Is this reparable Can I get gell on the PSU fan because it seems to be a little cloggy How big of an issue is it that my PSU fan isn t working It s really hot right now environment -wise being summer and the PSU fan not running kinda scares me nbsp

A:PSU fan stops running and I have to manually start it

I would either try to replace the fan if you know what you are doing or replace the whole power supply. I wouldn't run the PC if the power supply fan isn't working. You risk burning out the PSU and when it blows it could take out other components with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-fan-stops-running-and-i-have-to-manually-start-it.167728/
Relevancy 20.21%

So I am trying to run a Tri-screen setup, however it isnt working properly. So first my computers specs.

Video Cards: 2 x SAPPHIRE HD6850 1GB GDDR5 256 -Bit Dual DVI / HDMI v1.4a / DP Core Clock: 775 MHz
Monitors: 2 x 21.5inch ASUS VH222T (Using DVI) and 1 x LG94WT (Using a DVI/HDMI adapator)

So I currenlty have both of the ASUS monitors plugged into the top video card and they work fine. However, when I plug the LG screen in it is dected but wont display anything. To get it to display I need to disable one of my other monitors. Plugging the monitor into the bottome video card, does nothing, the computer doesnt even detect the LG monitor.

Any idea on how to get it working?
Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-running-a-tri-screen-set-up.163361/
Relevancy 19.35%

Just got a new computer 2 days ago:

Alienware Aurora_r3
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 Ghz
4.00 GB ram
Windows 7 (64bit)
Dual video cards, both AMD Radeon HD 6800 series, with latest catalyst drivers installed directly from the website

Whenever I try to run games in full screen mode (as opposed to windowed), after 2 to 5 minutes my computer will just turn off. No error messages, warning sounds, lights, anything.. it just turns off. Affected games include Starcraft2, WoW, League of Legends, that I have tested so far.

However, if I run these games in windowed mode, I can play without interruption with all graphic options turned to the max. Problem does not appear to be overheating, as the thermal indicator software that came with pre-installed never gets above 29C.

Any ideas how to fix? I don't want to have to send it back 2 days after getting it

A:New computer randomly restarts when running games in fullscreen

Alienware has been known with plagued thermal problems.

You can check inside the case and see if there's any possible mis-directed air flows, and point the duct, or add the fan to that area and see if that helps.

Dual video cards are known to be overheat very easily. If you have three PCI-E slots, move the last HD6800 to the bottom and extend the Crossfire cable to there, and see if that actually remedy with that kind of problem.
Otherwise, send it back and complain that you were ripped off, and maybe they could fix it for free.
EDITED: There's other possible options;

- kill all tasks in task manager, or using the batch with " taskkill /F /IM "program name"
- update your directX
- Downgrade your catalyst driver version to the factory driver, or upgrade to the newest driver that is FROM ATI/AMD website. ( www.amd.com )
- leave your side case to open up the more air-flows in the computer.

Welcome to Techspot, arangar32!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-randomly-restarts-when-running-games-in-fullscreen.162867/
Relevancy 19.78%

So recently my hard drive has been making some odd sounds, but only when something is loading. Other than that it runs rather smoothly. However, not as smoothly as before.

any ideas? Hopefully my hard drive isn't failing.

A:Hard drive running a little to loud

Tools like CrystalDiskInfo will provide a quick check of your drive.
Alternatively, HWInfo is also useful; actually offers more information,
but is a little harder to read / navigate to get to the drive information.

Otherwise, I would run a full drive diagnostic,
using the the software provided by the mfg of the drive..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-running-a-little-to-loud.162322/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi!

My sister has a HP Pavilion dv6 with an Intel Core i5-540 processor. According to RealTemp, the CPU idles at about 60 degrees and her computer always feels warm.

She is an Architecture Major and uses programs like Adobe Indesign, and Autodesk Revit which make the temps go up to like 80-90 degrees.

Is this normal or is this too hot?

A:CPU running warm

that is a little "warm" to put it lightly. When was the last time you or your sister tried cleaning the dust out of the heatsink assemblies? Turning off the computer and blowing the vents and fan exhaust port with compressed air could help a LOT depending on the build up.

I suggest doing this outside by the way, just in case it is really bad, and I personally remove the keyboard if I can to get in there better, but by all means this is not required.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-running-warm.161128/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello peeps I have a quick one for you all For a little while now I ve been getting irritated by my TB hard disk constantly powering down when not used for you Question regarding running them keep on if wear disks a while and then having to wait for it to spin back up when its accessed Its not making my PC freeze or anything but given that my quot home quot folder is located on this hard disk whenever I Question regarding wear on disks if you keep them running request access it takes - seconds before my request is forfilled as it has powered down the disk while not being used As Question regarding wear on disks if you keep them running you can imagine even clicking a link on the desktop causes the delay as well because it is actually on the TB disk So would I risk loads of wear and tear on the disk if I turned off the shutdown disk option and forced it to run the whole time the PC is running Its not the end of the world if I can t do it but its just bloody annoying going from super fast operations because of my SSD to literally having to wait for the TB hard disk to spin up just to access a personal file Firefox is the worst for it though as when I go to download something the default folder is on the hard disk and it literally locks it up for - seconds and causes mayhem should it be a small file as I then have to wait for it to come online then the download ends almost immediately and is scanned It seems it totally confuses Firefox and it throws a fit in the process So would it be alright to just make it run nonstop like the SSD I m guessing it should be fine but thought I best check first just in case Cheers all nbsp

A:Question regarding wear on disks if you keep them running

Definitely disable the auto turn off disk setting...that is only useful is u are super eco concious, otherwise, repeated spinning up of the drive is actually detrimental to the health of the drive and will reduce the drive's life and likelihood of failure will increase...

In short, u will be better off with that option disabled

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-regarding-wear-on-disks-if-you-keep-them-running.160172/
Relevancy 20.21%

does anyone know if i run sli (2 512mb 7950gt oc) cards. Will it enhance watching hd on my big screen tv ?? or would it be just overkill. running one card without a hitch but thinking of using the other one i have and run sli....thanks...amd am2 6000, crosshair motherboard (not 3 or 4) and ocz reaper memory, 850psu ultra.

A:Can I enhance HD running SLI

if you have them might as well run them in sli other than that i dont think it really would help the HD thing at all SLi is for gaming not running HD content.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-enhance-hd-running-sli.160131/
Relevancy 19.78%

my laptop lags really bad and ive seen on other forums and this one that its something to do with services on task manager but i dont want to end the wrong services please help

A:Laptop running on Windows 7 is lagging and has 100% CPU usage

Download CCleaner and launch it

at the Tools tab click Startup and Save to text file

let's see what starts with Windows and disable the unnecessary apps

also another thing virus and malware do that to your system too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-running-on-windows-7-is-lagging-and-has-100-cpu-usage.159675/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi,
The fan on my power supply (atrix 650T) doesnt run.
can it be fixed or do i need a new PSU?

A:Power supply fan not running

If it never actually works, well it may be something to take in mind, however if it worksfrom time to time, it may be a feature on the PSU to stop the fan when its not needed. Tried to get some info of your PSU but didnt got a thing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-fan-not-running.159365/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a query about a pc with a athlon II x2 240 processor running Win 7, occasionally a message pops up in the system tray saying one core of the processor is almost at maximum capacity, this can happen at any time.
Whenever I go into task manager to see what is using the processor everything appears to be fine.
Any of you guys any ideas as to what might be causing the problem.

A:One core running at maximum capacity

I have never seen any kind of message like this before. Could the computer be infected with a virus or spy-ware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-core-running-at-maximum-capacity.158066/
Relevancy 19.78%

I ve been doing a bit multiple PSU's when GPUs Adding running additional of research lately because I m unsure of the exact upgrade direction I want to take and I ve come up with the idea of using full HD screens along with triple SLI CF but the power requirements in my case would be above the capability of my Corsair HX- Having just spent on that I d rather not even consider replacing it So can a system use a second PSU like any decent PSU or do they need Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs to be built specially for the purpose I was kinda thinking maybe it would be possible to run the system on my Corsair including x GPUs and then run the rd th using another PSU Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs like a w modular thus only using a couple of cables OCZ one or something Besides the space requirements how exactly do you go about doing this e g how would you connect it into the motherboard and is it physically possible Do I need to use a booster thingy PSU like the ones Red uses in his hollodeck instead If so where on earth do you purchase them from in the UK and what are they called Its purely discussion right now I m not tying myself down to any particular idea I d just like to understand all my available paths and answer a couple of questions I m unsure about more than anything nbsp

A:Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs

Leeky said:

Having just spent 117 on that I'd rather not even consider replacing it. So can a system use a second PSU (like any decent PSU), or do they need to be built specially for the purpose?Click to expand...

I'm no expert in PSU's so I wont bull**** you on that, it's my weak spot, but is it possible to use multiple PSU's on one system? Yes. Both in your case? I don't know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-additional-psus-when-running-multiple-gpus.157864/
Relevancy 19.78%

my laptop was stuck or hang suddenly during i played the music or open any application....

A:Laptop's hang while running the application and sometimes sticky

English is not your first language? Do you have a friend that speaks English that can explain this a little clearer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptops-hang-while-running-the-application-and-sometimes-sticky.156471/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have an eMachine ET1641 series running Windows Vista. I don't know anything else since this is a friend's computer. The mobo fan psu fan dvd and hard drive are running. I get a quick flash of green on the keyboard but nothing else. I changed the cmos battery and I powered off, unplugged and pressed the power button to drain power and turned back on. Still no monitor, keyboard or mouse. HELP!

A:Computer running but no monitor, no keyboard, no mouse

check this out
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

there is a big old no post guide somewhere on this forum but im to sleepy to find it right now, maybe someone else can link it or I will tomorrow

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-running-but-no-monitor-no-keyboard-no-mouse.156121/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have lost all sound and there is the quot x quot next to my speaker icon on the bottom right I have read what other people have done here and none of the fixes have helped If I right click on the speaker icon I get the quot Would you like to enable Windows Audio quot message If I say yes I do NOT get an error It goes to the screens about my audio But my audio is obviously not working So I go to the Windows Audio in the Services section It Audio Service not running Vista/Toshiba laptop is on automatic but not running When I try to run it I get the message quot Windows could not start the Window Audio service on the local computer Error The account specified for this service is different from the account specified for other services running in the same process quot I have looked at all of the dependent services Plug N Play Multimedia Class Scheduler Remote Procedure Call Windows Audio Endpoint Builder Those are Audio Service not running Vista/Toshiba laptop ALL automatic and Running I saw someone mention something about going to the Registry Editor to remove dependencies but I couldn t figure out the registry looked like lots of gobblegook to me but since all of my dependent processes are running just fine Audio Service not running Vista/Toshiba laptop I don t think that would be the answer anyway Any other ideas of what I can try Also All of my sound drivers are working properly and I have no error messages that I can find I am not sure if this is relevant Product Host Process for Windows Services Problem Windows Update installation problem Date AM Status Not Reported Description A Windows update did not install properly Sending the following information to Microsoft can help improve the software Problem signature Problem Event Name Audio Service not running Vista/Toshiba laptop WindowsUpdateFailure ClientVersion Win HResult UpdateId DA B A-FD E- EB - -FFC B EB Scenario Install SourceId Environment Unmanaged OS Version Locale ID There is one of these for every day for a week But the sound problem has only existed for days nbsp

A:Audio Service not running Vista/Toshiba laptop

I saw someone mention something about going to the Registry Editor to remove dependencies but I couldn't figure out the registry (looked like lots of gobblegook to me) but since all of my dependent processes are running just fine, I don't think that would be the answer anyway.Click to expand...

You're absolutely right. DON'T try modifying the registry for this problem. Is far more likely to do damage then any good

A few thoughts...

1. I'd first attempt to simply uninstall then reinstall your audio drivers. To uninstall, look in Ctrl Panel->Program and Features and look for your audio to uninstall. Locate the driver download from the vendor website for your computer to reinstall

2. If reinstalling doesn't solve it Also, take a look at Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards

3. Tho I'll also mention that SOMETIMES malware can be what interferes with audio service and prevents it from running. I mention this to also keep in mind because you say Windows Update is also reporting errors. Both your audio and Windows update problem might due to malware.

In any case, try reinstalling first and post back with any results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-service-not-running-vista-toshiba-laptop.155858/
Relevancy 19.78%

I just built a new computer: ASUS-M4A785TD-V EVO with 6GBs of Kingston HyperX DDR3-1600 CL9 240pin Dimm shouldn't it show as 1600 speed and not 1333 the part #: KHX1600C9D3K3/6GX can someone tell me if this is right or not,I'm running Win.7 64bit Home Premium. PSU-Corsair 650w.

A:Memory running slower than expected

In order to run your RAM at 1600 on your board the RAM must be overclocked. This is why the motherboard has it set at 1333. See this link and click on the Detail tab: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131398

Great choices on board, memory, and power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-running-slower-than-expected.154869/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello I checked many websites not Audio running Service is amp forums to solution for my problem before posting the question here A week back my Computer s Audio started giving me problems At first the audio used to stop suddenly during normal working amp wouldn t return Audio Service is not running unless I restart my system So I tried reinstalling my sound driver amp was successful in doing that But now I see an quot X quot mark near the Sound Icon on my task bar amp says quot Audio Service is not running quot Here are the trouble shooting I did Control Panel -- gt Administrative Tools -- gt Services Plug amp Play is ON amp Automatic Multimedia is ON amp Automatic Windows Audio Endpoint Builder is stopped Windows Audio is stopped I tried starting the Windows audio Endpoint Builder amp the following error msg appears quot windows could not start the windows audio endpoint builder service on local computer quot quot Error x The system cannot find the file specified quot Under path for executable I saw that it is looking for a file Audio Service is not running named svchost exe File seems to be present at the location though nothing seem to happen when I try double clicking it Please help in resolving this issue Since I purchased an HP Laptop with Windows Vista they didnt give me a separate Vista DVD to try amp reinstall it all over again Help nbsp

A:Audio Service is not running

1) HP usually includes a "Recovery Partition" on your hard drive. You can use to
=> Restore your installation using their Recovery Partition and
=> I usually allow you the option of creating ONE set of recovery DVDs on your own

2) You only want to focus on Windows Audio service. Do you see StartupType= Automatic or ??? Is it's Status=Stopped? Can you restart Windows Audio?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-service-is-not-running.146707/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am rebuilding a PC and as soon as I plugin the power the fan starts spinning. I have not turned on the power yet because I am concerned something is not wired properly. Please advice!

A:Chassis fan running while PC turned off

Which fan?
You're probably right, but it's hard to say if this is a problem with the fan itself or a short somewhere else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chassis-fan-running-while-pc-turned-off.153204/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi wonder if anyone no VIA but sound! AC97 running can help I don t know much VIA AC97 running but no sound! about what system im running etc but i DO know that my laptop does not play any sound at all Under sounds amp audio devices it says my VIA AC97 running but no sound! default is VIA Audio Wave and when i go into hardware it says VIA AC Audio controller WDM and it says the device is working properly When i go into my device manager and click under sound video and game controllers it come up with the following VIA AC97 running but no sound! list Audio codecs Legacy Audio Drivers Legacy Video Capture device Media control devices VIA AC Audio controller WDM video codecs Im being completely honest and saying im not sure what all these mean I know the current system is running windows XP SP and ive recently dowloaded and install all the latest updates Ive played around with different settings and can t get anything to work I read through a few other posts and decided to check the quot problem devices quot section but nothing came up so ran the quot dxdiag quot but that made no sense to me Sorry if ive listed the completely wrong information needed but if anybody can help it would be greatly appreciated Thanks Steve nbsp

A:VIA AC97 running but no sound!

Check:

Volume in windows volume panel and on the speaker, make sure the speakers are being powered as well.

Also check to see if you have the speaker cable plugged into the green hole on the back of the computer usually there are 3 to 4 sound input output holes use just the green hole for 2 speaker setups.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/via-ac97-running-but-no-sound.152134/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello All I have seen similar threads here but my problem is slightly different I have ASUS P S X-MX which have built in audio of Realtek AC I am using Windows XP SP for quite a time and everything was fine unless i tried to install an updated driver for my sound After drivers properly AC'97 but - Realtek installed no & services running audio audio updating i got Code error device cannot start I uninstalled the drivers Restart my PC and then installed my previous version of drivers Everything was fine and i can see volume icon in task bar But when i tried playing an audio file Realtek AC'97 audio - drivers installed properly & services running but no audio there wasn t any sound I clicked volume icon to Realtek AC'97 audio - drivers installed properly & services running but no audio raise it but it was disabled I double click it to open Mixer there are only options normally it use to have lot wave speaker etc Now it has only Wave SW Synth CD Player and No recording device I did try re-installing the drivers again and again but no LUCK I tried using Drivers Sweeper to remove the tracks doing that in Safe Mode and then again Installed Old drivers It all go well but in the end its same situation with sound disabled I don t want to reinstall my Windows is there any way to fix it One thing i noticed is every time I install drivers the sound manager shows up at task bar but in moments it disappears while the soundman exe is running in Processes and I can t find it in Control Panel as well where it use to be Its been hours since I am struggling with that But No LUCK Note My PnP Software Device Enumerator is working fine Any help in this regard will be highly appreciable Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Realtek AC'97 audio - drivers installed properly & services running but no audio

Hi muazzam

Is best to upgrade to SP3 (if only because MS has dropped support for SP2) but can start, for now, looking at your problem while you continue running with SP2

Let's start with these initial steps
1) List any Problem Devices

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
2) Generate and attach a DirectX report

click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)
3) If there were no Problem Devices (step 1 above) then also check on your Windows Audio service if Status=Started and StartupType=Automatic

I'll have a look and we can take it from there

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-ac97-audio-drivers-installed-properly-services-running-but-no-audio.151402/
Relevancy 20.21%

My CPU only runs at 2.0 GHz. When I try to change any setting via TurboV or BIOS to increase the speed, the PC locks up.

I blew all the dust out and keep everything as clean and cool as possible. I may have a hardware incompatibality problem. I am aware that NVIDIA is not a friend to ASUS. I wish I knew that when buying my video card.

What can I do to get my processors back to 3.2?

A:3.2GHz AMD CPU running at 2.0

I blew all the dust out and keep everything as clean and cool as possible. I may have a hardware incompatibality problem. I am aware that NVIDIA is not a friend to ASUS. I wish I knew that when buying my video card.Click to expand...

Yes the are, they even sell NVidia card.

Check your frequencies under load.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-2ghz-amd-cpu-running-at-2-0.151886/
Relevancy 20.21%

/title

As the title says my laptops Fan has stopped running, story goes i was minding my own business not paying attention to the fan & i moved to get comfortable when it started making this horrid grinding noise it kept up for about a minute before stopping & turning off, i turned it back on only to hear it again so i immediately turned it back off.

I opened the back up expecting to see something caught in the van only to find i'd have to go run around to find my other screw driver.
So i just closed it back up & now the fan isn't running what so ever, my question is will my PC be fine if i don't torture it with massive streams of pron?

Also it's a piece of **** DELL if that tickles your fancy.

A:Fan stopped running

you'll need a new fan for sure if you try and use it for extended periods of time you'll just destroy your hardware(and for your info its porn not pron) hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fan-stopped-running.150974/
Relevancy 19.78%

cooler is rather large with copper base and what looks like copper headers lol
downloaded cpuid hv monitor
cpu 85c
mainboard 33c
core 0 49c

core 1 51c

cpu vcore 1.57v

+12v 12.67

vbat 3.17

seems a little hot to me guys

shouldn't a higher performance fan like this do better

fans all working and running approx. 3600 rpms

your thoughts are most appreciated

thanx

A:AMD 6400+ running at 85c with a stock cooler

Try seeing what your bios is telling you about cpu temp. is this a stock cooler?
when was the last time you applied new thermal compound?
Have you recently moved the computer? any gap at all, even a .001" gap will heat things up
third, download a different temp program to verify that reading.
and is that reading under load , or idle?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-6400-running-at-85c-with-a-stock-cooler.151348/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello folks Recently I have bought a shiny new Athlon II x Stock heatsink and fan and a Biostar A G motherboard It s using sticks of gig G-Skill ram My computer sits on my desk with an open side and a small box fan set up against it blowing out my ventilation and cooling 0 C'? X4 II at Athlon running solution When I first Athlon II X4 running at 0 C'? booted up the system my temps were normal The Cool And Quiet under clocked my processor down to mhz and it was running at C Running Prime it climbed to C The sensors seemed alright then After reading somewhere that Advanced Clock Calibration allowed better stability at lower voltages using the negative values I thought I d try it out and see if I could get my temps lower and keep my stability I lowered the vcore down from the motherboard had it set Athlon II X4 running at 0 C'? at to set the ACC to - and ran Prime Athlon II X4 running at 0 C'? for an hour- no errors And the temp reading I got from CPUID HWmonitor kept going DOWN not UP I thought this was VERY WEIRD Eventually it hit C Wait my ambient room temp C How the hell So I thought- why not add a little overclock and see what happens I pushed the FSB up to from multiplier is to make the processor run at a flat Ghz Maybe I d see a little increase in heat maybe something realistic Nope Still C So now I m in the th hour of running Prime with the same slight overclock and lowered voltages and still no errors no heat increase Has anyone else seen something like this It s freaking me out- nothing is this this good is it But I have one other concern- CPUID HWmonitor is showing me a temp in my computer is high The quot ACPI quot and TMPIN quot are both at C I m guessing that s the north bridge of my Motherboard I have the Radeon HD IGP overclocked to mhz I m guessing that s the cause What s a safe temp range for my North Bridge nbsp

A:Athlon II X4 running at 0 C'?

It sounds like you have a bad temp sensor, or HW monitor is not reading your sensor correctly if at all. I have a Phenom II x6 1055T that shows TMPIN0 @ 128c...obviously incorrect or the machine would have shut down long ago. Check your BIOS for correct temp readings and try a different monitoring program. and yes the c reading is most likely your NB temp as TMPINO is normally the NB sensor. %%c is an okay reading for the NB, get concerned when it gets over 65c- 70C and invest in an aftermarket NB cooler. If I missed something in your post let me know.

*** a good rule of thumb is that if you are going to OC, invest $30 and get an after market heatsink.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/athlon-ii-x4-running-at-0-c.151231/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a dell studio 1747 laptop, refurbished. It is sitting at ~70c when doing basic tasks, after a bit of gaming it has peaked at 97c. All these temps are from HWmonitor laptop is running windows 7 ultimate. Am I going to fry my cpu? Should I rip it apart and replace the fan? Is this a decent temp for an i7? From what I have read no processor should really go above like 70ish under FULL load.
thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Core i7-720 running extremely hot

i7s (and nearly all other nahelem processors) will run hotter than previous generations of quad-core cpus, especially inside a laptop. i don't think you have too much to worry about, but if you have access to the processor without to much disassembly you may want to consider applying a more conductive thermal compound, to suppress the heat a bit more. you may also want to check if the cooling fan is working properly like you said.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-720-running-extremely-hot.151068/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello,
My Desktop has 1GB ram and 2.19ghz processor. I have nothing on startup, i have no programs running, and i just recently reinstalled xp home edition. It runs super slow and when i go into task manager it says the CPU is running at 100% while the page file usage is at 512. I do not know what to do to make it faster. Im pretty sure it is not supposed to be that high all the time. I have plenty of disk space left. I have 40GB drive with 18 free.

My system is a Gateway 300s. I ran comodo registry cleaner it found over 600 problems and it fixed them, and it did not do anything. Could it be a problem with the CPU itself because it is 7 years old. Is it just losing its effectiveness?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

A:Processor running at 100% all the time

which process is using 100% , most of the time TM will show system idle at 99% with the odd service using anywhere from 1-4%.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-running-at-100-all-the-time.149379/
Relevancy 19.35%

I'm having a slight problem with my dual display set up in Windows XP. I will try to be as specific and provide as much information about the problem and my specs as I can.

I am using an PNY GeForce 210 graphics card with multi-display support. I am using a small (about 15 inch) Westinghouse LCD HDTV as my primary monitor, running on the HDMI port. I am using an old HP Pavilion M50 CRT monitor as my secondary display, running on the VGA port. I'm not sure this matters, but the LCD is running at 720p and the CRT is running at 800x600.

Now for the issue: whenever I turn my displays off, after I turn them back on, it switches to single display and makes the CRT my primary display so I have to go back and reconfigure my dual displays.

Am I doing something wrong? Any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:A problem running dual displays in Windows XP Home

hmm; normally VGA and HDMI outputs are not the way to setup dual monitors.
More typically, the GPU has two VGA connections OR it uses a Y-cable where
the staff of the Y connects to the VGA and each leg of the Y attaches to a different monitor
[frequently the legs are stamped #1 and #2 to identify the primary and secondary]

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-problem-running-dual-displays-in-windows-xp-home.148750/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello everyone Having installed temperature sensor drivers and now I m monitoring and need CPU hot decent running advice cooler please for my core temps I ve noticed my CPU is getting far too hot Its averaging C at idle and at load its hitting - C I m noticing the lag a lot more since changing over to a SSD due to CPU running hot and need advice for decent cooler please the disk performance Before I just thought that when it slowed down it was lag from the disk but clearly its temperature issues I think its only the CPU cooler thats the issue as every other temp is fine I m running a NZXT Beta case with mm roller bearing super quiet fans so airflow should be fine My Pc spec Intel Dell Mobo Intel Q ghz Core Quad GB Kingston DDR RAM x GB ATi Radeon GPU I m not even remotely interested in overclocking or continually messing with fan temps using fan controllers and I mainly use the PC for browsing emails graphic manipulation web software coding and I spent a lot of time using virtual OS as well which due to the software I run virtually places quite high demands on my CPU running hot and need advice for decent cooler please CPU and RAM Virtualbox is setup to run GB RAM cores on my virtual OS I basically need help to decide a suitable CPU cooler and heatsink It doesn t need to be snazzy I just want functional and MUCH cooler temps I m also in the UK so coolers need to be available here in the UK I ve also read that the best coolers are ones that have a bracket on the back of the motherboard to screw the heatsink cooler to this bracket through the holes in the motherboard The current cooler I m using is the standard Intel one with the stupid plastic clips that clearly aren t doing a good job I m currently using OCZ ultra silver thermal compound I plan to add more of this to the new cooler unless its worthwhile using something else So what cooler would you all recommend thats got the screw mounting with bracket and costs or less Help advice and everything else will all be greatfully recieved Thanks in advance Leeky nbsp

A:CPU running hot and need advice for decent cooler please

This is the V8, one of the best air coolers out there, As for compound I would recommend Arctic Silver 5.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103055&cm_re=V8-_-35-103-055-_-Product

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-running-hot-and-need-advice-for-decent-cooler-please.148778/
Relevancy 19.35%

i recently got the samsung 2233rz 120hz monitor, and whenever i set it to 120hz at 32bit colour the screen shakes. but when i set it to 16bit colour its fine. at 60hz it is fine either way.
i am running a 4850
connected with dvi
latest drivers
overdrive/clock is turned off
any ideas on how to fix this? and thanks in advance

A:Display shakes when running Samsung 2233rz at 120hz

The computer's video processor probably only runs at 72Hz max

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-shakes-when-running-samsung-2233rz-at-120hz.146438/
Relevancy 20.21%

Well, i have this HP Pavilion tx1000z and it runs really hot. I already had it fixed once having problems of not being able to display any video.
It has been a little over a year after getting it fixed and this laptop always runs hot and my temperatures are very high and the fan seems to always be blowing hard.
I know theirs issues with this model of nVidia chipset and i just want to know if i should be concerned about my laptop going to fail if it keeps it running very hot.
GPU 101C (@ 2hrs up time) this is when it idles and goes up to 120C when used or not cooled well
Core 68 C (@ 2hrs up times) this gets higher about 80C

I have a AMD Athlon turion x2 TL60
- Gforce go 6150

A:Laptop is running very hot

Have you considered using a cooler? (there are powered or non-powered versions, check the Gigabyte ones)
http://www.mwave.com.au/newAU/mwaveAU/Notebook-Coolers-c-1809.asp?Cart[email protected]
The heat will degenerate the Battery!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-is-running-very-hot.146974/
Relevancy 20.21%

Is there a way to tell what is running when the HDD led is active in Windows 7?

A:Can I tell what's running when my HDD is active?

DKHardDrive-Light

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-tell-whats-running-when-my-hdd-is-active.146797/
Relevancy 16.77%

I've just recently re-installed Windows Vista.. I installed all of my drivers, ran all of the updates, and my sound was working completely fine. Until two days ago, out of nowhere.. It says that my audio device is working properly, but in my taskbar, the audio icon has a little red x over it, and when I scroll over it, it says "The Audio Service is not running" a friend of mine told me to run "services" and scroll down, and when I found windows audio, to right click, and start it.. but Windows Audio is not showing up, just Windows Audio Endpoint Builder.. I'm so confused and everything I'm trying is not working, I uninstall-ed and re-installed the audio driver, restarted, still didn't work. I checked to see if it was up-to-date, and it is.. can someone please help me?

A:"The Audio Service Is Not Running"

First, double check as i would think Windows Audio should appear. If not
1) Download Serviwin (very handy tool for viewing and managing Windows Services and Drivers). Run it and click View->Services
2) Click Start->Programs-Accessories-Notepad to open a blank text file
3) In Serviwin display, click Ctrl-A to select all the Windows service display rows, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into the notepad txt file and attach to next post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-audio-service-is-not-running.146592/
Relevancy 19.78%

What is the rule for running cat5e next to electrical wire? Is there any for cat5e for network??

A:Running Cat5e with electrical wire

DO NOT Run Cat5e with electrical wire, it can cause a fire or if it shorts out everything hooked up to the cat5e will get damaged

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-cat5e-with-electrical-wire.144541/
Relevancy 20.21%

i just built my first computer using the new i3 540 and a gigabyte p55a-ud3 motherboard. as i was just changing some power options in my bios and i noticed the cpu temp was at 12C. the room was at about 15C. i do have the coolermaster hyper 212 on it instead of the stock cooler. would this be the bios reading the temp wrong, the cpu sensor reading the temp wrong or could it really be running colder than room temp?

A:I3 running too cool?

I suppose that if evaporative cooling were taking place that this could possibly happen. Don't worry it's not, and either the sensors, BIOS, monitoring software, or a combination the three are incorrect.

I have an i3-530 in a Gigabyte H55 board with stock cooling, and it reads very low, about room temperature also...So...? The BIOS hardware monitor was my reference for this and also SIW. Other sensors on the board were reporting more reasonable temps. That said, SIW also reported CPU power consumption @ only 23 watts at idle...! (That would translate to a very cool running CPU).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i3-running-too-cool.144840/
Relevancy 19.78%

OK I have 2 Lite On 22x Dual Layer burners installed in my PC both are IDE

A few days ago after a windows update the master burner seemed to stop running at max speed when reading/burning now the 2nd burner seems to be doing the same...

Now the first burner is a couple years old and I have put it to a lot of use but the 2nd burner has barely been used

A few days ago I was ripping and burning a DVD in 25 mins or so now it is taking an hour or more....

Discs being burned on haven't changed and I haven't changed any of the programs settings..

Any help will be greatly appreciated

A:DVD Burners not running at full speed

Might check in device manager to see that they aren't running in PIO mode rather than DMA (think its under the ide controller rather than the drive itself).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-burners-not-running-at-full-speed.144410/
Relevancy 19.35%

Yesterday I got invited to participate in the SC beta Having been running intergrated graphics on this PC since day one i went to bestbuy to buy a graphics card The one that I purchased was a PNY Verto geforce gt It says that it requires a minium of w to run I have a w power supply in my question? 250w running card on supply 300w pc right now So far the card is working like a champ 300w card running on 250w supply question? I have had no crashes or any indications that there is anything going wrong Is there a chance of something going wrong if i don t upgrade power supplies right away I am planning on upgrading within the next two weeks just did not have that much money to spend right away My friend is giving me a hard time as he wanted me to wait and get it all at once 300w card running on 250w supply question? so i can t turn to him for advice on anything right now Hopefully you have good news for me haha Peace for now Skylash nbsp

A:300w card running on 250w supply question?

those are estimated wattages and usually your situation will work. the problem is that if you have an OEM computer, the PSU is almost definitely of very low quality to begin with, and the ability to put out the rated wattage deteriorates with time and usage. the second problem is that you are running under watted so it may be pushing your PSU at near 100% to meet the demand. That will kill it faster as well. thirdly, if you do kill your PSU, it can take the rest of the system with it because when it lets loose it wont regulate the amount of power to the components. in most cases people are okay for a few weeks as you say, but replace it ASAP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/300w-card-running-on-250w-supply-question.144098/
Relevancy 20.64%

hello all this is my first thread on this forum. ok i have a compaq with a cpu: amd 64 3500+ mb:asus a8n-la nagami
everest tells me that the fsb is running @ 200mhz the cpu is running @ 1.79ghz
it should be running around 2.2ghz i would like to overclock it a bit or atleast get it running back where it should be. does any one have any ideas

A:CPU only running at 1.79

its most likely AMD's 'cool and quiet' feature that throttles down your cpu when its not in use or under heavy load. you can change your power management scheme, and or go into your bios and disable it. I have dealt with the ASUS A8N-LA Motherboard on the Compaq Presario SR1xxx NX series,and there is absolutely no OC bios adjustments. If you want to OC it, you will have to do it via a software program. this program should give you control enough to OC via the FSB....my guess is you should be able to get to about 228Mhz or 2.5-2.6Ghz and thats about it with the 3500+.
here is the link to the Ntune utility.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/ntune_5.05.54.00.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-only-running-at-1-79.143745/
Relevancy 19.35%

Hello, at Christmas i bought a notebook PC. It had features like a webcam, and they did not work. So we took it back and bought a hp pavilion dv6 PC. It has a 64-bit operating system, GB free local disk with 396 free and windows 7 for an operating system. i download some music, i have messenger, and i have internet explore to browse and use Facebook, yet it my PC is working like a piece of crap, Ive been in my recycling bin and deleting everything i get a chance at. My browsing history is deleted, i have Norton if that could be the case but i have the "NEW" Norton which is suppose to be better the sales man told me. Please post a comment when you get a chance .

A:Hp pavilion dv6 notebook pc running super slow, bought at christmas

Please follow these 8-steps and post all the logs here for review and further advice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv6-notebook-pc-running-super-slow-bought-at-christmas.142881/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have two HP printers 5610 and a j4680 both aio printers, when I install one printers software and then the other only one shows up in the HP Solution Center-the control center the 5610 series,not the j4680 the j4680 is also classified as not having drivers even after I installed full drivers and software for both printers, can some one tell me what am I doing wrong?

A:Problem running two Officejet AIO printers?

nasty test sequence, but I suspect you can ONLY run one HP at a time;

uninstall BOTH and reboot
install ONE and get it running
then UNinstall it & reboot
install the other and get it running
Now it B and D both work correctly, then the software and hardware are OK.
With (d) still installed, go back and install (b) and see if BOTH are available.

If not, blame HP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-running-two-officejet-aio-printers.142572/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi Hopefully someone here can help if you want ASUS Running on 1066 RAM M4N78 @ any more info than I post please let me know Not long ago I put together a rig for my wife ASUS M N AMD Athlon II X GHz x GB Crucial DDR MHz PC - Ballistix gfx is just an old MSI GT for now however when I bought the mobo RAM it s taken me a while to find the time to build it I hadn t read anything about having to alter the voltage to to get MHz RAM to run at full speed I ve never really messed with OCing so my knowledge of this is pretty poor however I couldn t see a way in the BIOS to alter the RAM voltage from Running RAM @ 1066 on ASUS M4N78 what I ve seen it looks like the original BIOS isn t capable of it I also can t see anything in the updated BIOS descriptions that mentions it Is this mobo simply incapable of running the ram at or is there another way to do so that I am missing Cheers Dan nbsp

A:Running RAM @ 1066 on ASUS M4N78

Will your wife really notice, or care. It runs fast enough for most everything, as it is.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-ram-1066-on-asus-m4n78.142339/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just purchased a Corsair TX650w psu and also a NZXT Tempest computer case now the the psu installs on the bottom of the case not giving the psu much room between the psu and the case bottom.would it matter if I turned the psu upside down to give it better air circulation or would it cause it to run improperly.the fan the way it's installed now is on the bottom of the psu and there less than a 1/4inch of space between it and the case bottom,would it matter if I turned the psu upside down to give the fan a better chance to pull in air to the psu?

A:Running my PSU upside down?

Don't worry about that 1/4 inch space; I dont think running a PSU upside down would affect it; however, there is sufficient enough space between your PSU and the chassis for air to circulate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-my-psu-upside-down.142178/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi,
So I've got a GTX 260 216. I heard the GT200 Stock cooler is pretty good at keeping the card cool. I've heard with the fan around 80% you can get the clocks up to 800core 1600shader and 1100memory. Would running the fan at 100% severely reduce the fan/cards lifespan. I know saying "will making my card cooler by putting fan higher make it die faster" sounds dumb but would it reduce the life of the fan quite a bit or just a little bit. I'm just hoping to have it for 9-12 months. I don't really care about sound as I have an antec 900 running all fans at highest.

A:Running Fan at 100%?

fans these days have a lifespan of 40,000 hours and up, so as my gramps used to say....let'er rip

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/running-fan-at-100.142029/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've been getting the above mentioned error everytime i power on my compaq presario f700 laptop. i ran sfc/scannow and i was informed that some files were unable to be repaired.

Anybody got any ideas?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ref-mfc-application-has-stopped-running.141730/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi all,

Just want to troubleshoot a problem.

I have a computer i built myself:

intel e8400
nvidia geforce 9800gtx+
4gig ram
Gigabye EP45 DS3L DDR2 motherboard

so, i built this system for gaming. initially it worked great, but recently it started having some problems. WHen i'm running a game, the pc will randomly crash, but here's the thing. the game doesn't freeze, instead, it sort of semi crashes where the graphics go haywire but i can still hear the audio. I can still use taskmanager to force shutdown the game, but this is getting to be a problem as I can't run any games! Can anyone help?

Thanks very much for anything you can give me!

EDIT: It just happened recently, and now i'm getting dots all over my screen even when i'm not running the program (they move around as I change different windows/scroll up and down in firefox)

A:Computer glitching while running games, please help!

First, how are your system temps? How is your air flow? Are all fans working especially your video card fan?

Second, am I reading you correctly that the issue is now beyond just gaming? If it isn't a heat issue my best guess here is that you are experiencing artifacting and it is a major sign of a video card dying. I speak from experience. First it only happened while gaming but then it would eventually occur even when just loaded to a the desktop.

Try the following: a) Uninstall and reinstall your video card and b) make sure it is seated properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-glitching-while-running-games-please-help.141573/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi all,

So the title says it all. My desktop PC restarts after 8min 20sec of uptime.
It will restart after 8min 20sec of idling, or it will restart after I click an icon to run a program (Firefox, usually).

I can't run checkdisk/antivirus/memory testing programs because once the 8min 20sec timepoint has passed the computer restarts... so these programs get nowhere.

I'm thinking that this might be a Power Supply problem, from other searching and whatnot I have done. How can I tell if it is a PSU problem or if it isn't?

What I find odd about the whole bit is that it reboots after such a time (timed with a stopwatch so that's how I know)... if it was a PSU problem wouldn't the computer not start at all?

If you all need any system specs, I'll provide them.

Thanks.

-'Mage

A:Computer restarts after running for about 8 min, 20 sec

Defective component...
Inadequate or too much thermal paste. CPU fan is failing, or is wobbling. Bad memory module. Bad power supply. Bad capacitor on system board. Hard drive is in early state of failure. Overheating from inadequate cooling somewhere.
What is the brand and model of the computer, or the motherboard. What is the configuration... hard drive, memory,cooling, power supply. Is it overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-running-for-about-8-min-20-sec.140687/
Relevancy 19.78%

My Laptop in the last day or so has started to run really slow. I have checked for viruses and spyware and still running slow. Anyone know what I could do?

Attached is a log of HijackThis.

A:Laptop suddenly running really slow?

Hijackthis log looks okay... Try running a disk check on restart. Right-click on the hard drive in My Computer, select properties, tools, error checking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-suddenly-running-really-slow.140548/
Relevancy 19.35%

First of all I don t know if my problem it s screen related or rather graphic card related so here it is Time to time more or less every two weeks or every month it varies my screen goes black but PC keeps running as always first screen on-off blue light and quot Analog mode quot on-screen message then orange light and black screen as if it was disconnected from computer but I ve revised the connections and they re alright And L225WS LG keeps but running 22" computer black, Flatron goes after LG Flatron L225WS 22" goes black, but computer keeps running some time or so reboots only clicking computer on-off button the screen works again as always then a month or so passes with the screen alright and then I ve the same problem again I don t think it s my graphics card but I m not sure since just yesterday I was playing Tomb Raider Underworld and Assassin s Creed at highest settings x DX and it worked fine My specs are as follow OS Windows Vista Home Premium HP Pavilion Processor Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB DX Version DX I didn t know I had DX until now that I ve looked up system specs NVIDIA GeForce GS Total Aprox Memory MB actually I guess it should be MB or so Well any idea on what s going on with my screen Thanks for the help in advance nbsp

A:LG Flatron L225WS 22" goes black, but computer keeps running

It may be that old LG Flatron has reached the end of its useful product life, which is what IBM used to say when something failed. What is the age of the LG.
Otherwise, it is the graphics card. One way to test is to connect the computer to another monitor known to work well. If the responses are the same, you probably need to replace the video graphics card... or at least the cooling fan on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-flatron-l225ws-22-goes-black-but-computer-keeps-running.138454/
Relevancy 19.78%

I'm stuck right now using an old hand me down nVidia GeForce FX 5200 graphics card in my temporary computer. I got GLQuake to run on and old Voodoo3 card and on a newer ATI graphics card that I can no longer use, so I try to run GLQuake on this nVidia card with the -no8bit command sometimes, and cannot seem to get into the game all the way, it comes in then stops after sound initializing, but doesn't stop responding. Anybody know anything about that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/glquake-is-not-running-on-this-nvidia-geforce-fx-5200.140250/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hey people I ve been having a little trouble you see I would really like to overclock my CPU which after reading a number of other forum threads would be fine on stock cooling past GHz The problem is though my CPU seems to run way hotter than everybody else s on stock cooling I ve read of people getting up to easily past GHz on stock cooling barely breaking C if even that But I ve been testing mine at stock settings using CPU Stability Test and Core Temp and after about mins of the stability test it settled at around C on core and C on core Now I m worried that if I overclock it s going to run dangerously hot Does anybody have any suggestions or things to check other than buying a new cooler If e6750 hot Running 2 Core Duo not then I will likely consider buying one because it just seems to be running at least - C hotter than everyone else with the exact same setup Anyway thanks in advance nbsp

A:Core 2 Duo e6750 Running hot

Check the heatsink's four mounting points to see if they are solidly in. If any of them have come loose, it will lose enough contact with the CPU to let it overheat. If any are loose, while you can pop it back in for the time being, you should eventually remove it, clean it, reapply thermal compound and reinstall it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-2-duo-e6750-running-hot.140150/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello I have three computers connected with a KVM switch They share a inch Acer monitor that is no longer 7 or detected Monitor running XP on no longer machines being detected Monitor no longer detected on machines running 7 or XP by two machines running WIn one -bit one -bit nor by a machine running XP I have a inch monitor that is detected correctly when I swap it in on the KVM switch The inch monitor is not detected whether it is connect to the machines directly or through the KVM swtich The inch monitor used to be detected as an AL W and is only recognised as a non-PnP monitor with generic resolutions available Has any one seen a monitor fail in this way The display seems vivid and is now running at x on the Win machines but cannot be run higher than x on the XP machine an older notebook with Intel mobile graphics My issue is that the monitor may be failing and that the native resolution the one where the fonts are sharpest of x can no longer be accessed On one of the machines with an ASUS P N-D mobo I have updated the video and chipset drivers to the latest ones Looking for ideas I haven t seen this problem before please let me know if you have Thanks nbsp

A:Monitor no longer detected on machines running 7 or XP

The failure is not uncommon. It is the manufacturing fault of the Acer, and Acer will not help you.
When it is "worn out" it has reached the end of its useful product live. Acer warranties it for a year, but you pay shipping, and it takes quite a while to get it back. If older Acer, parts are not available, and it will be trouble when you find them.
The KVM switch is not part of the problem, in our experience.
Yes this is typical with a lot of Acer 19 inches that are more than 18 months old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-no-longer-detected-on-machines-running-7-or-xp.138484/