Windows Support Forum

Too Hot HP Spectre x360 Charger?

Q: Too Hot HP Spectre x360 Charger?

I recently acquired an HP x360 Spectre 15t (about 5 days ago). During charging I noticed that the charger plug is quite warm/hot. Using a laser temp gun, I measured the hottest point of the plug to be 152F. The average temp reading seems to run around 128F (scanning different points on plug). Is this normal for thie plug to be running at this temperature while charging? Thanks, WW

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Too-Hot-HP-Spectre-x360-Charger/td-p/5811407
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Too Hot HP Spectre x360 Charger?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 34.83%

You can see several wireless charging transmitters with QI standard in the market now, QI standard is released by Wireless Power Consortium. The advantage of wireless charger is quick-acting charging, you just need to put your phone on it, and then the phone will get full of power through the magnetic induction. A superior and rapid charging experience without any wires, it is ideal for travelling. However, the wireless charging technology isn?t stable enough now, the speed of it is slower than wired charging. Another problem is heat problem, and it directly leads to the slower charging speed, so what is your comment on wireless charger?

A:Wireless charger

Wireless charging will never be as efficient as a direct connection. And with that said it counters the concept of going green. It is as ridiculous as having 4K resolution on a tablet. People want it because it is new and nobody else has it. Like 4K, wireless charging can be useful but not as a replacement for everything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-charger.202857/
Relevancy 34.83%

So I have this laptop that had some issue with it's charger and then the charger broke completely and so I bought a new one and recently I can't turn it on my battery run out so I plugged the charger in and the little light that is suposed to go on when it's charging didn't go on and I tried a different charger and the same thing happened and now I don't know if it's a problem with my laptop or with my charger and I wanted to ask you guys here before I did anything else because I don't want to go and have my laptop repaired if I just need to buy a new charger I mean the laptop should be fine it's practically new.. help..

A:Charger issues?

When you are talking about the charging light do you mean the one on the laptop or on the charger itself (If it has one)?

If the light is not coming on on the laptop the laptop is not receiving any power, heres a couple things to check:

1: If plugged in and the laptop is on, does the battery indicator say plugged in and charging, plugged in but not charging, or just on battery?

2: Try taking our the battery while plugged in (And the laptop is off) and replace it in side to see if it starts charging.

3: Gently wiggle the connector in the laptop and make sure the plug is tight in the wall socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/charger-issues.201123/
Relevancy 33.97%

Well, my HP laptop charger is not working so I tried to charge with a Dell charger I had and it worked.

Now reading in the internet, I read that it might be dangerous especially since I am using less amps than specified. The specs of the 2 chargers are as follows:

HP Charger: 19 V, 4.74 A
Dell Charger: 19.5 V, 4.62 A

I read that the voltage difference should not cause a problem but using a lower Amp capacity charger than the original might. Will this small difference matter or can I still use the charger?

Thanks

A:Can I use my Dell Charger to charge my HP Laptop?

In a word... Yes. As long as the Dell chargers connector fits snugly and it doesn't get too hot, it should be fine

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-my-dell-charger-to-charge-my-hp-laptop.201113/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi everyone, I need your help urgently!

I have sony Vaio laptop which has been working well. Recently its charger had a minor explosion and broke (it happened when I plug it in to the outlet as usual). So I replaced it with a new one. However, the light on the new charger was blinking whenever I plug it into the laptop and turned solid again when I unplug it.

Could you please help me fix this? All my assignments and works are in this laptop and I need it very soon.

Thank you

Ps. I have tried removing the battery and it still doesn't work. Also I won't be able to try another charger.

A:Sony Vaio Charger light blinking, won't turn on

I'm sorry to say but sounds to me like something got fried and that it might never start again. Even tho I can't say for sure without seeing the machine. Anyways, I would recommend to wait and see if some one else would have something smart to come up with on what and how to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-charger-light-blinking-wont-turn-on.201589/
Relevancy 33.97%

Laptop won t boot if charger is attached I have a weird problem attached won't charger Laptop is turn if on this Toshiba Laptop won't turn if charger is attached Satellite L laptop It doesn t boot whenever it s charger is attached The charger has no problem bcoz it charges the laptop only if the laptop is turn off but Windows can t boot while it is attached These are the scenarios Only battery is attached Laptop boots and works fine Battery and Charger attached Laptop wont boot Right after the POST when Windows starts to load Laptop restarts Only Charger is attached Laptop wont boot Right after the POST when Windows starts to load Laptop restarts The laptop is running on its battery already in Windows but whenever I attach the charger the laptop turns off and then charging LED turns ON Looks like it can t supply power in Windows state It s OS is Windows What parts of the Laptop should I check Is this a Software or Hardware problem nbsp

A:Laptop won't turn if charger is attached

The AC charging circuits on the laptops motherboard are damaged. This means that the motherboard will need to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-wont-turn-if-charger-is-attached.178896/
Relevancy 33.97%

HI,

My Acer Aspire 7730 has no power (no lights at all).

Originally I had a problem with my power socket. I then re-soldered it and it worked fine for 6 months. Then one day it stopped working. First I tried a new plug. I didn't want to re-solder again so I ordered a new mother-board from ebay. I installed it but still no lights came on, the seller said the m/board was fully tested but accepted a return. I have now installed a second fully tested m/board and have the same problem. I have tried removing the ram and hard drive. But still no lights when plugged in. I could understand if it wouldn't power up because that might be a hardware fail but its the fact theres no charge that confuses me. Oh and I'ver tried the 'hold the power button 30secs' trick too.

Please help

A:No power to laptop -- tried new charger and even new motherboard

Well, if you've tried two motherboards, then you could try with a different power socket/power adapter?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-power-to-laptop-tried-new-charger-and-even-new-motherboard.179154/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,

I have a Equium A200-1V0 with what I can see is a common problem on many forums I find through google, but I cannot find any solutions for it.

1. The laptop will not boot (no bios screen) when the charger is plugged in.
2. It will boot up normally with out the charger connected. However, the battery, even if left to charge, will deplete once vista has fully started. When I then plug in the charger it freezes.

I am using a genuine charger. Any ideas? Do you think it is just the battery? Or is there something on the board causing this issue?

A:Equium A200 - charger/freeze/boot issue

Yes, replace the battery...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/equium-a200-charger-freeze-boot-issue.173400/
Relevancy 33.97%

I plug in my charger and my computer says that it is still on "battery mode" So I have to move it around and mess with it while its plugged in till it says its running through the charger and even then a slight tap of the charger wire makes it go back to battery mode. What is wrong? is it charger?

And Sorry if this is the wrong section I was not exactly sure where it should go! Thanks

A:Charger is plugged in but computer won't read

Ten 4 said:

I plug in my charger and my computer says that it is still on "battery mode" So I have to move it around and mess with it while its plugged in till it says its running through the charger and even then a slight tap of the charger wire makes it go back to battery mode. What is wrong? is it charger?
And Sorry if this is the wrong section I was not exactly sure where it should go! ThanksClick to expand...

You are not alone, that's for sure. I think that you mean an Iphone/ smartphone charger because that happened to me before. For me it was my computer, and not my phone because my phone could charge fine on my other computers/outlets. So don't waste your money getting a new charger. May you be more specific on your computer, please? You computer may just me too old for your device to recognize it...

~ttm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/charger-is-plugged-in-but-computer-wont-read.172767/
Relevancy 33.54%

hi all

heres one for you
i have a e1705 dell
when i plug in the charger the screen goes blank but still runs
i turn it off and plug it in and it charges fine and runs fine off the battery
only when its plugged in does it not show the screen

the power supply is good as its of my m1710
no problem and i believe its a 90 watt

new battery and does the same thing with the old battery which seems to be still in good shape

tried turning it on without the battery once again black screen but you can here it running

turn it off plug it in charge the battery unplug the charger and works fine

im running out of ideas guys

ive never seen this happen before have you
thanks as always

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-e1705-blank-screen-when-put-on-charger-ok-on-battery.170461/
Relevancy 33.54%

I recently damaged my genuine laptop charger and couldnt find a charger with the same specs, the only one I found had a lower standard, it works fine but I am afraid of damages on the long run, any ideas?

Hp pavillion dv4
old charger output 19V 4.74A 90W
New charger output 18.5V 3.5A 65W

Thanks....

A:Does a charger with lower watts and current damage a laptop?

your risk is to the charger, not the laptop.old charger output 19V 4.74A 90W
New charger output 18.5V 3.5A 65W​the voltage difference is only 0.5v , the big difference is the
current output.

googling for Hp pavillion dv4 I found the hp dv4 spec to be
Power

* 65 W AC Adapter
* 6-cell Lithium-Ion (Li-Ion)​which is IDENTICAL

I guess you have a match with the new charger and the original was just a bonus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-a-charger-with-lower-watts-and-current-damage-a-laptop.155325/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello

My laptop is 6 year-old (Hp pavillion zt3019ea) and for few weeks now, has started to make this high pitched noise (like a mosquito!) only when connected to the charger.
I replaced the charger with a new one.Same thing. Then that new charger (8 days-old) died yesterday.

I thought I needed to get a new battery but at the same time is it really worth it for a 6 year-old laptop? (the hard drive has been replaced in March)

Thanks for your help!

Marine.

A:High-pitched noise when laptop connected to charger

For future reference dont ever buy hp again. And the charger will keep dieing and yes a new battery is a good idea.
If you want a new laptop i reccomend an acer timelinex for 800$

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-pitched-noise-when-laptop-connected-to-charger.154089/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have a Sanyo Xacti vpc-wh1 and i accidentally used the wrong charger. the device got super hot and then wouldnt turn on. now when i use the correct charger, the camera doesnt still doesnt turn on or do anything. is the battery the problem or does the camera no longer work?
btw i believe the charger i used had a lower voltage than the correct charger

A:Used the wrong charger on my Sanyo xacti vpc-wh1

You should have been protected from damage because the sockets of different power are of different sizes so you should not have been able to plug in the incorrect one...
It is not the voltage that is critical but the amperage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/used-the-wrong-charger-on-my-sanyo-xacti-vpc-wh1.150736/
Relevancy 34.4%

My Samsung laptop charger has the light coming on however it is not charging, the charger is heating up so is this the charger or the laptop? have ordered another charger from coywood.co.uk as they had universal one's and i rang a couple of local computer shops but these wanted £65 to even look at it so advice would be welcome incase this does not work?

A:Charger Light On, Not Charging?

Hi

first off dont use anything but an official charger, the cheap ones can and will damage your motherboard due to them being unregulated and supplying to much current.

If the charger has the light on but wont charge then the internal cable is broken and may be shorting out inside the sleeving.

check the cable by eye for severe kinks or bends in the cable.

Should you find one, cut the section just before and after the kink and then strip the cable back and join the wires and test it, if it works then you can either solder the wires and use heat shrink plastic to join them or buy a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/charger-light-on-not-charging.144970/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey all,

I just got given a Novatech from a friend. The battery takes a 20v 4.5amp charger, and ive only got one that is 20v 6amps.

I plugged it in briefly, it turned on fine. But im not sure about using it on there because the amp is so much higher... will it end up doing damage too the laptop? Or completly frying it?

A:Laptop Charger question

No the 6 amp adapter/charger won't hurt the laptop. The laptop will only use as much amperage as it needs, and no more. it is okay to use

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-charger-question.140938/
Relevancy 34.83%

I got a new battery for my daughters Dell Inspiron 1501. It is a 9 cell 7800 MAH. I got it on ebay. The charger I also got on ebay last year. It is a model st-c-075-19500334ct, input:AC100-240V~1.5A 50/60Hz Output:19.5V-3.34A. I am wondering because the charger seems to be getting very hot, but the recommended charger on ebay has the same specs. Your help is greatly appreciated!

A:Is charger ok for new battery?

it's normal for batteries to get hot when charging. I suppose the charger could get got as well. As long as it isn't dangerously hot, I wouldn't worry- keep an eye on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-charger-ok-for-new-battery.140331/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have purchased an HP pavilion dv6820ea off Amazon marketplace without a power adapter. I was informed it was easy to find and eventually bought this charger off ebay. However it prooved not to fit and I was wondering if anyone can tell me the specs of the charger I need? All I can find specifically on the data sheet is that it needs to be 90w.

Even better if someone could link to a right charger I'd be appreciative.
I'm in the uk but an link showing the correct spec would be nice!
Thanks in advance,

George

A:Charger for HP Pavilion dv6820ea

I've got a bit more info...
I'm fairly sure I need a 19v, 4.74a charger and a 4mm external diameter connection is a bit (but not massively) too big.
Any suggestions...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/charger-for-hp-pavilion-dv6820ea.135206/
Relevancy 29.67%

I am new at this stuff and I seek help from all those who can give it. Ok so my first charger stopped working and I bought a new charger. The charger worked great for a few months after purchase. Until one day the charger stopped charging on and off. I unplugged it a few times and then it stopped working. I let the battery die after. I am guessing that it stopped working because i may have screwed up the charger socket by tripping on the cord thus pulling on it im not really sure anymore. The laptop is in a bad condition, it's four years old i think but it can still run. The battery is the same not change. HELP ME for I am an *****

A:Toshiba Satellite M45 Battery or Battery Charger Problem

You probably broke the internal AC adapter socket. It can be repaired, but you will have to take it in for service

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-m45-battery-or-battery-charger-problem.129316/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi Guys I borrowed an acer aspire laptop I was working with it and the battery was running out as I didnot take the charger I used one of the chargers I had at home I plugged it and it instantly shut down just went black when I checked the charger it was on negative charger used Wrong polarity and there was a little burnt plastic smell coming from the bottom of the laptop do you think that this might me repairable I really need to do some repairs Wrong charger used because this thing is not mine and will get in deep trouble if I cannot do anything I sent it to a tech guys and he advised that the motherboard is completely lost do you think it s true and at what price am i looking for to get a new motherboard I really need some help and advise because you won t imagine in how much trouble i m in at the moment because the laptop contained really important data nbsp

A:Wrong charger used

hi kersley

Even if the motherboard is fried, I don't think that this would result in any loss of data as the data is stored on you Hard Disk. So as for your really important data, you should be ok. Replace the motherboard (if that's your only problem - I would check the power supply as well) and all should be good.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wrong-charger-used.127790/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys new to the forum My girlfriend owns a Amilo Pi she s had for about years and never had any major issues with it But in the recent month or so theres been quite serious problem The charger connector the metal plastic bit that connects charger and laptop gets very very hot touch it and you get slight burnt The charger tip has had to be 1536 Charger/Battery Amilo Heat Pi problem changed the plastic had melted and smelt burnt after awhile So the tip s been changed and the the overheating tip is still an issue And now the tip has i think melted inside the laptop and is stuck inside the laptop how can i remove the laptop charger connector from the laptop Amilo Pi 1536 Charger/Battery Heat problem The laptop it self seems to be working well and quite hot but with the norm I think Its just the charger connector tip that s the problem Any help guys Please Could it be the charger not working correctly The laptops PSU not up to scratch Bios problem I don t want the laptop to stop working altogether PS the laptop was bought in Spain and we re in the UK if that s a possible problem Battery life isn t great Already cleaned the laptop with compressed air and have the fans with good access to air the laptop is on quot stilts quot nbsp

A:Amilo Pi 1536 Charger/Battery Heat problem

This is a double post?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amilo-pi-1536-charger-battery-heat-problem.125375/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys new to the forum My girlfriend owns a Amilo Pi she s had for about years and 1536 Charger/Battery Pi problem Amilo Heat never had any major issues with it But in the recent month or so theres been quite serious problem The charger connector the metal plastic bit that connects charger and laptop gets very very hot touch it and you get slight burnt The charger tip has had to be changed the plastic had melted and smelt burnt after awhile So the tip s been changed and the the overheating tip is still an issue And now the tip has i think melted inside the laptop and is stuck inside the laptop how can i remove the laptop charger connector from Amilo Pi 1536 Charger/Battery Heat problem the laptop The laptop Amilo Pi 1536 Charger/Battery Heat problem it self seems to be Amilo Pi 1536 Charger/Battery Heat problem working well and quite hot but with the norm I think Its just the charger connector tip that s the problem Any help guys Please Could it be the charger not working correctly The laptops PSU not up to scratch Bios problem I don t want the laptop to stop working altogether PS the laptop was bought in Spain and we re in the UK if that s a possible problem Battery life isn t great Already cleaned the laptop with compressed air and have the fans with good access to air the laptop is on quot stilts quot nbsp

A:Amilo Pi 1536 Charger/Battery Heat problem

The heat may have been generated by cold solder joints on the connector inside the laptop. There is only one option for you. Take the laptop into a service center and have them replace the charging AC jack on the laptops motherboard. Hopefully this can still be done

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amilo-pi-1536-charger-battery-heat-problem.125376/
Relevancy 33.97%

My girlfriend bought a Acer aspire 5315 series laptop last year August and the adapter suddenly stop working. it was working just fine last night and a few hour after, nothing. I've been noticing that the wire is starting to get a spiral twist but i don't think thats the problem. When it plugged into a outlet the light on the adapter it self comes on but no power is reaching the laptop itself. I cut the tip that connects top the laptop to see if the wire broke but its fine. What could be the problem here?

A:Acer charger stop working

It could be the actual connector on the laptop where you plug the adaptor in to. I know on the old laptop i have here that the power port in the laptop is a real pain, always having fiddle around with the adaptor pulling it in and out to get it just right, so it will accept power from the power pack. Fiddle around with it plugged in to see if it will accept any charge, if not it must be something to do with the actual power adaptor it's self.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-charger-stop-working.125297/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hey guys i have a dell inspiron 6400 laptop.
My charger is a 65watt charger.
I plugged it into my laptop and it says the ac adapter can not be recognised or something and says f1 to continue on optimized something or f2 to shut down, It will let me use my computer if plugged in but when i take my charger out my computer will shut down before i can say pooperscooper. This charger is new.
Any help would be great.
Thanks
Cameron

A:Laptop charger not charging

You need to replace it with a genuine Dell replacement adapter. Aftermarkets will NOT work on that unit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-charger-not-charging.119236/
Relevancy 33.54%

I purchased my laptop from Dell in November of 2007. In September of this year, the AC Adapter/Charger stopped working. (I would plug it in and the green light would not come on - on the adapter/charger). I got a replacement from Dell (after them sending me the wrong replacement twice!) and now it's not working!
Does this sound like a laptop issue or an adapter/charger issue? Dell keeps trying to tell me it's a laptop issue and my warranty expired last week.

Any help or ideas out there?

Suzanne

A:Dell Inspiron 1720 AC Adapter/Charger Problem

Hi

Get the PSU tested with a volt meter, if its outputting a voltage then the Mobo is faulty, as Dell failed to send you a replacement within the guarantee period you could argue its their fault and that had they sent you the correct PSU inside the warranty period then you would have know it was a Mobo issue and as such it would still have been covered by warranty, however as they delayed sending the correct part out your warranty expired....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-1720-ac-adapter-charger-problem.115610/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi Guys,

Dose anyone know where and what sort of Professional charger I need to charge up laptops without there original chargers? also is there a divice I can buy to charge up battery only without using a charger?

kind regards
Golden

A:Professional charger for all Laptops

I'm not too sure about a charger for different laptops that you could hook up to multiple. I'd be concerned that the electronics in the laptops handle the inputs differently before its sent to the battery.

But if you want to charge them outside of the laptop, I think a decent Lithium Ion battery charger that can handle a wide range of cells (voltages) would be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/professional-charger-for-all-laptops.114064/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have recently came across a problem with my laptop. When i plug the charger in, it doesnt begin to charge. Should this have anything to do with cords inside of the laptop itself? I have purchased a new charger and that didnt solve anything. Help!

A:Gateway MX5956 Internal charger problems

Hi
You've pretty much answered your own question, its time for a new battery or motherboard, either way its time to seek an expert.

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-mx5956-internal-charger-problems.108374/
Relevancy 34.4%

i recently bought a new battery charger for my dell laptop. it worked fine for a week or 2 but now it wont charge my laptop when i plug it in.
i've found that the charger when plugged into the wall outlet isn't turning on because the little green light that is usually lit on the box of the charger isn't lit.
so after finding this out i tried using someone else's charger and it worked for a day and the next day the same problem happened. what's going on? i hope it has doesn't have something to do with my laptop itself. please help!!

A:dell charger issues

First, some chargers need a load for the green light to come on.
If three chargers have died it must be your laptop that is doing it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-charger-issues.89728/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi ive been looking for a charger for my laptop so i can use it on the road as i travel a fair bit ; /. anyway if anyone can help me itll be really appreciated here is the info on the ac/dc charger i got with it.

INPUT 100-240V~1.5A(1.5A) 50-60Hz
OUTPUT 19V 4.74A(4.74A)

it also has 3 prongs in the big box bit and it plugs the 3 holed cord into if u get wat im trying to say :F anyways i live in brisbane australia and would hopefully be able to get one before the weekend

A:Asus V6J Car Charger Needed

very simple. Purchase a DC to AC Inverter. Available at your local auto parts store. Common also at truck stops. Then plug your laptop into the regular socket.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-v6j-car-charger-needed.90233/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi Need some help, I have an inspiron 5100 that I bought couple of year ago. few month back I noticed that the machine is not charging the battery when the laptop is on. as sson as I shut down and turn off teh laptop, teh charger stats working on the battery. So I don't beleive it is a battery problem but rather a charger one, I'm wondering if someone know if it is a software related and how to fix it.

thanks

A:Dell Inspiron 5100 Battery Charger not working

Check very carefully for full contact from the charger points, and the best way to clean them is with a pencil eraser, followed by denatured alcohol and a queue tip. The contacts do become weak or bent, which can cause the problem.
There is no software that affects that model, but there is a chip in the battery that counts the number of full charges. Onces it reaches that magic number, it stops further charging even though good otherwise. This is to prevent fire and other damage as the battery ages.
Otherwise, you need someone with experience using a soldering iron, to replace a couple of doohickies inside the case.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-5100-battery-charger-not-working.84570/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello for all the community and thamks for help in advance
I have a laptop dell inspiron 600m
The charger is broken so i got a new one from igo but it just power the laptop and do not charge the battery.
The website of igo confirms.
Is someone faces the same problem ?
thanks a lot
Sh1909

A:Problem with Dell charger

Send it back to igo and get it from dell you need the right one for your model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-dell-charger.82831/
Relevancy 34.4%

I just bought a new laptop about a month ago now. I noticed the other day that the charger gets really hot. I had it plugged in lastnight charging, while charging I was playing Sims 4. When I shut down, the charger was almost too hot to hold for very long. Now I have had several laptops over the years and never had one get this hot. This can't be normal. The laptop runs great, no errors at all. What should I do?

A:Laptop battery charger getting really hot.

replace it. This is an early sign of a failing AC/DC converter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-battery-charger-getting-really-hot.75845/
Relevancy 33.11%

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+
GHX Card: EVGA Geforce 7900GTX
Monitor: Spectre X20G-NAGA III

I have recently started building a new omputer and I have run into a problem. The computer turns on but when I look at the monitor, an message pops up showing a picture of this: Monitor ---> X --->Tower (Basically meaning that it has no connection to the computer) I find that intresting though because I have everything plugged in and in the right slots.

Any ideas? Any solutions? Please help!

A:No Signal Message (Spectre Monitor)

Hello and welcome to Techspot!

We need to back up a bit first. Open up your case and have a look.

When the system is not turned on, there is an LED light on your board. Can you see it? What color is it? When you hit the power button, tell us EXACTLY what happens. Any fans spinning? Does the color of that light change? Any beeps from the system?

Did you connect the power connector to your graphics card?

How many watts is your PSU (and what make is it)?

Tell us some more about your ram. What size and speed are the ram? How many sticks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-message-spectre-monitor.50598/
Relevancy 34.4%

Help Every time I click on a link I get redirected and there a Sale Charger visible FRST txt Scan result of Farbar Recovery Sale Malware Charger Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Pete administrator on DESKTOP on - - Running from C Users Pete Downloads Loaded Profiles Pete Available Profiles Pete Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum Sale Charger Malware topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Sale Charger Malware D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hp Common HPSupportSolutionsFrameworkService exe McAfee Inc C Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor mcsacore exe McAfee Inc C Windows System mfevtps exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe C Windows SysWOW WinService exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDFSSvc exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDUpdSvc exe McAfee Inc C Program Files McAfee MSC McAPExe exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee AMCore mcshield exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McSvcHost McSvHost exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWSCSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW rundll exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe Apple Inc C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe Google Inc C Users Pete AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe GoPro C Program Files x GoPro Tools Importer GoPro Importer exe C Program Files x NETGEAR WG v WG v exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel R USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee Platform McUICnt exe Safer-Networking Ltd C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDTray exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe McAfee Inc C Program Files Common Files McAfee CSP McCSPServiceHost exe McAfee Inc C Program Files McAfee MAT McPvTray exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW cmd exe McAfee Inc C Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor mcchhost exe McAfee Inc C Program Files x McAfee SiteAdvisor saui exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mspaint exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System SnippingTool exe Microsoft Corporation C Win... Read more

A:Sale Charger Malware

Additional scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (x64) Version: 29-05-2015
Ran by Pete at 2015-05-30 16:39:53
Running from C:\Users\Pete\Downloads
Boot Mode: Normal
==========================================================
==================== Accounts: =============================

Administrator (S-1-5-21-4221171579-3728596042-951280271-500 - Administrator - Disabled)
Guest (S-1-5-21-4221171579-3728596042-951280271-501 - Limited - Disabled)
Pete (S-1-5-21-4221171579-3728596042-951280271-1000 - Administrator - Enabled) => C:\Users\Pete

==================== Security Center ========================

(If an entry is included in the fixlist, it will be removed.)

AV: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware (Enabled - Up to date) {DA9F8ED0-D0DE-39CC-F55A-51AB4CC1B556}
AS: Windows Defender (Disabled - Up to date) {D68DDC3A-831F-4fae-9E44-DA132C1ACF46}
AS: Spybot - Search and Destroy (Enabled - Up to date) {9BC38DF1-3CCA-732D-A930-C1CA5F20A4B0}
AS: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware (Enabled - Up to date) {61FE6F34-F6E4-3642-CFEA-6AD93746FFEB}
FW: McAfee Firewall (Enabled) {E2A40FF5-9AB1-3894-DE05-F89EB212F22D}

==================== Installed Programs ======================

(Only the adware programs with "hidden" flag could be added to the fixlist to unhide them. The adware programs should be uninstalled manually.)

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (HKLM-x32\...\{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AC0F074E4100}) (Version: 15.007.20033 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Flash Player 16 NPAPI (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player NPAPI) (Version: 16.0.0.280 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Adobe Flash Player 17 ActiveX (HKLM-x32\...\Adobe Flash Player ActiveX) (Version: 17.0.0.134 - Adobe Systems Incorporated)
Apple Application Support (32-bit) (HKLM-x32\...\{447CDCE5-F555-429B-BFA6-642C3C6D684F}) (Version: 3.1.2 - Apple Inc.)
Apple Application Support (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{0DF7096B-715A-4233-8633-C7A16ED6D616}) (Version: 3.1.2 - Apple Inc.)
Apple Mobile Device Support (HKLM\...\{C4123106-B685-48E6-B9BD-E4F911841EB4}) (Version: 8.1.1.3 - Apple Inc.)
Apple Software Update (HKLM-x32\...\{789A5B64-9DD9-4BA5-915A-F0FC0A1B7BFE}) (Version: 2.1.3.127 - Apple Inc.)
Bonjour (HKLM\...\{6E3610B2-430D-4EB0-81E3-2B57E8B9DE8D}) (Version: 3.0.0.10 - Apple Inc.)
ChromecastApp (HKU\S-1-5-21-4221171579-3728596042-951280271-1000\...\{079ede36-133d-44b0-8053-c7c1fa8d2e0d}_is1) (Version: 1.5.1383.0 - Google Inc.)
Chromium (HKU\S-1-5-21-4221171579-3728596042-951280271-1000\...\Chromium) (Version: 45.0.2406.0 - Chromium)
Google Chrome (HKLM-x32\...\Google Chrome) (Version: 43.0.2357.81 - Google Inc.)
Google Update Helper (x32 Version: 1.3.25.11 - Google Inc.) Hidden
Google Update Helper (x32 Version: 1.3.27.5 - Google Inc.) Hidden
GoPro Studio 2.5.4 (HKLM-x32\...\GoPro Studio) (Version: 2.5.4 - GoPro, Inc.)
Heaven DX11 Benchmark version 3.0 (HKLM\...\Unigine Heaven DX11 Benchmark (Basic Edition)_is1) (Version: 3.0 - Unigine Corp.)
HP Support Solutions Framework (HKLM-x32\...\{E35601C0-BA8E-4F32-919A-C7EF4CA81F67}) (Version: 11.51.0048 - Hewlett-Packard Company)
iCloud (HKLM\...\{309768A4-A2BB-4930-A5A2-8169678C9B4C}) (Version: 4.0.6.28 - Apple Inc.)
Intel(R) Chipset Device Software (x32 Version: 10.0.20 - Intel(R) Corporation) Hidden
Intel(R) Driver Update Utility 2.0 (x32 Version: 2.0.0.29 - Intel) Hidden
Intel(R) Management Engine Components (HKLM\...\{1CEAC85D-2590-4760-800F-8DE5E91F3700}) (Version: 10.0.0.1204 - Intel Corporation)
Intel(R) Processor Graphics (HKLM-x32\...\{F0E3AD40-2BBD-4360-9C76-B9AC9A5886EA}) (Version: 10.18.10.3540 - Intel Corporation)
Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver (HKLM-x32\...\{240C3DDD-C5E9-4029-9DF7-95650D040CF2}) (Version: 3.0.0.16 - Intel Corporation)
Intel® Driver Update Utility (HKLM-x32\...\{8409c4f7-2340-4933-a304-5d37db4fb48b}) (Version: 2.0.0.29 - Intel)
iTunes (HKLM\...\{D227565A-0033-40AD-89BA-653A205CDC11}) (Version: 12.1.1.4 - Apple Inc.)
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware version 2.1.6.1022 (HKLM-x32\...\Malwarebytes... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sale-charger-malware.213545/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi y?all,
Lately i have been dealing with a lot of under performance of my notebook. The cause of that is of all the ads which are constantly popping up while browsing.
Therefore, I have been searching the web for tips and tricks/solutions to get a rid of these pop ups, however with no success.
So now I found this new forum page, and my question is: How can I get a rid of these pop ups and boost up my notebook (i7 processor) performance. Should I reset my laptop and restore to factory settings?
Thanks
Milton

A:Notebook spectre i7 processor running slow (ads pop up)

You are most likely infected. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and do those things and post in that section of the forum and not here please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/notebook-spectre-i7-processor-running-slow-ads-pop-up-1036625.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I don't use my computer for maybe a whole year.
Now, I wanted to use it but it's not working. My battery is addicted, basically, if I don't have a charger I won't be able to turn on the computer.
So when I plugged the charger on the wall, the light on the box charger was solid (it didn't blink); However when I plugged it in the computer the light blinked.
I don't know what's the problem and I would like to fix it, if possible.

A:When charger plugged in pc, the light on the charger box blinks

Hi and welcome to TSG.

What happens if the battery is removed and you only use the charger ?

What make and model laptop is it ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-charger-plugged-in-pc-the-light-on-the-charger-box-blinks.1154583/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys I bought HP Paviion x from Future Shop a month ago At that time I didn't get for Pen 130 x360 Pavilion HP any pen or pen drive software Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 So I'm just wondering if it's their mistake or I should buy one If possible I'd like to use one of these pens Lapazz tablet pen stylus pen and a pen for HP tc tablet pc Also I want to use pen pressure for photoshop If I have to buy the pen What pen will fit for my laptop What pen drive do I need to install Do I have to buy both of them can I download a free software from HP website I really need the pen pressure system If I don't need to buy Can I get a digital pen from Futureshop Best Buy I don't know much about Tablet PC and It was first time to buy a laptop by myself Unless Does one of pens on top work on my Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 laptop and to use pen pressure I tried to touch the screen with them Only stylus worked Can I use Lapazz tablet pen as a digital pen a stylus

A:Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360

Unless I'm missing something, this is a touch screen which you use your finger to navigate rather than a mouse.  If you are more comfortable using a mouse you can use a usb type with the laptop.  I personally don't know anyone who uses a stylus on a laptop touch screen.

Just out of curiosity, where did you read that you needed to use a "pressure pen"? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575093/pen-for-hp-pavilion-130-x360/
Relevancy 33.97%

First of all, thank you very much for all your previous help. I'm back with more difficulties. 

My laptop (HP Envy dv7) recently forced a Windows 8.1 update. Ever since, whenever I plug or unplug the charger, the screen goes black for a second or two. Troubleshooting didn't fix it? Help is much appreciated.

A:Temporary black screen (un)plugging charger

That means your display driver is not usable for windows 8 and windows 8.1. I would advise you to download and install Windows 7 display driver in compatibility mode and review if it helps.
There are few steps to set up window 7 display driver

Install & download display driver
Right click on the driver & go the properties
Select compatibility’ tab and test the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for” and click Windows 7 operating system from the drop down.
Finally click on button ”apply” then “ok” and run the file to install it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/553117/temporary-black-screen-unplugging-charger/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys I have this stupid adware that can't remove i tried a lot of things JRT ADWcleaner CCleaner Malwarebytes i removed all my chrome extentions other browsers like opera and safari it keeps showing up while i'm typing this message i've been redirected to other pages multiple times and it is REALLY obnoxios please give me orders go not away Charger Sale Adware does thou masters of the internets Here is the FRST txt log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Struik administrator on STRUIK-PC on - - Running from C Sale Charger Adware does not go away Users Struik Downloads Loaded Profiles Struik Available profiles Struik Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language Nederlands Nederland Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Sale Charger Adware does not go away Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com Sale Charger Adware does not go away forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe AMD C Windows System atiesrxx exe AMD C Windows System atieclxx exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files AMD ATI ACE Fuel Fuel Service exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe LogMeIn Inc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi LMIGuardianSvc exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows SysWOW PnkBstrA exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftvsa exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE LogMeIn Inc C Program Files x LogMeIn Hamachi hamachi- exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Microsoft Application Virtualization Client sftlist exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe Nota Inc C Program Files x Gyazo GyStation exe Advanced Micro Devices Inc C Program Files x AMD ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe ATI Technologies Inc C Program Files x AMD ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVHSVC EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Malwarebytes Corporation C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe Google Inc C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler CVH EXE Q nld Office WINWORD EXE Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform OSPPSVC EXE C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared Virtualization Handler OFFICEVIRT EXE Microsoft Corporation C Windows splw... Read more

A:Sale Charger Adware does not go away

Hello BeFunk,my name is Jo and I will help you with your computer problems.Please follow these guidelines:Logs can take a while to research, so please be patient.Read and follow the instructions in the sequence they are posted.print or copy & save instructions.back up all your private data / important files on another (external) drive before using our tools.Do not install / uninstall any applications, unless otherwise instructed.Use only that tools you have been instructed to use.Copy and Paste the log files inside your post, unless otherwise instructed.Ask for clarification, if you have any questions. Stay with this topic til you get the all clean post.My first language is not english. So please do not use slang or idioms. It could be hard for me to read. Thanks for your understanding.***Download Security Check by screen317 from here or here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.Vista / Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.***Open notepad. Please copy the contents of the code box below. To do this highlight the contents of the box and right click on it. Paste this into the open notepad.Save it in the same location as / FSRT / FSRT64 (usually your Desktop, but you had: Running from C:\Users\Struik\Downloads) as fixlist.txt  
start
CreateRestorePoint:
CloseProcesses:
EmptyTemp:
DisableService: AppleChargerSrv
HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKU\S-1-5-21-2855457390-2934932292-1119176253-1000\...\Run: [AdobeBridge] => [X]
GroupPolicy: Group Policy on Chrome detected <======= ATTENTION
CHR HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google: Policy restriction <======= ATTENTION
CHR StartupUrls: Default -> "hxxp://www.google.com/", "", "hxxp://search.babylon.com/?affID=110211&tt=120912_cpc_3712_2&babsrc=HP_ss&mntrId=5418a96000000000000000145c889add", "hxxp://www.searchgol.com/?affID=119585&tt=gc_&babsrc=HP_ss_Btisdt7&mntrId=880AC446193A98A4", "hxxp://www.golsearch.com/?affID=119585&tt=gc_&babsrc=HP_ss_Btisdt6&mntrId=880AC446193A98A4", "hxxp://start.mysearchdial.com/?f=1&a=irmsd0101&cd=2XzuyEtN2Y1L1QzuzytDtB0BtAyE0AyE0Dzy0D0DyDyCtD0DtN0D0Tzu0SyByDtBtN1L2XzutBtFtBtFtCyDtFtCyDzytBtN1L1CzutDzytDtCtG1T&cr=1373660556&ir="
S3 AppleChargerSrv; C:\Windows\System32\AppleChargerSrv.exe [31272 2010-04-06] ()
Corporation)
S3 Sony PC Companion; "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Sony PC Companion\PCCService.exe" [X]
S3 Andbus; system32\DRIVERS\lgandbus64.sys [X]
S3 AndDiag; system32\DRIVERS\lganddiag64.sys [X]
S3 AndGps; system32\DRIVERS\lgandgps64.sys [X]
S3 ANDModem; system32\DRIVERS\lgandmodem64.sys [X]
S3 EagleX64; \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\EagleX64.sys [X]
end
NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on that particular machine.Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating systemRun FRST / FSRT64 again like we did before but this time press the Fix button just once and wait.The tool will make a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.***FRST / FSRT64: run it again.Right-click FRST / FSRT64 then click "Run as administrator" (XP users: click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File).When the tool opens, click Yes to disclaimer.Press the Scan button.When finished, it will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool was run from.Please copy and paste the log in your next reply.***

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576488/sale-charger-adware-does-not-go-away/
Relevancy 34.83%

Well I failed to follow one of the primary rules of downloading check and double-check the dialog windows before clicking OK or Charger has Sales taken over Accept and now I have the Sales Charger malware adware I have seen some posts where people have had to go through some pretty extreme efforts to rid themselves of this infection So here I am looking to the experts to help me out I have a custom machine running Sales Charger has taken over Win Home Premium bit AMD Phenom ASUS M mobo GB DDR I use Avast CCleaner and Malwarebytes and have downloaded the latest versions of aswMBR combofix FRST TDSSkiller adwClean JRT and rkill so I think I am armed and ready for battle From what I have read it seems I am getting redirects unsolicited search results and pop-ups typical of the Sales Charger malware So where do I start I have only used the Avast malicious add-on tool when it pops up but this only helps for the current session and not completely Any takers

A:Sales Charger has taken over

Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2. SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me.NOTE 3. If you receive UNSUPPORTED OPERATING SYSTEM! ABORTED! message restart computer and Security Check should run Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeList Restore PointsClick Go and post the result. Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) to your desktop.NOTE. If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed scroll down.Double-click mbam-setup-2.0.0.1000.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:

Launch Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareA 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
Click Finish.On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.If you already have MBAM 2.0 installed:On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' linkAfter the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
A Threat Scan will begin.When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.In most cases, a restart will be required.Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.How to get logs:(Export log to save as txt)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Export'.Click 'Text file (*.txt)'In the Save File dialog box which appears, click on Desktop.In the File name: box type a name for your scan log.A message box named 'File Saved' should appear stating "Your file has been successfully exported".Click OkAttach that saved log to your next reply.(Copy to clipboard for pasting into forum replies or tickets)After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.Click on the History tab > Application Logs.Double click on the Scan Log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.Click 'Copy to Clipboard'Paste the contents of the clipboard into your reply.Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.Warning! Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit needs to be run from an account with administrator rights.Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.MBAR will start. Cli... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578875/sales-charger-has-taken-over/
Relevancy 34.4%

recently infected with Sale Charger...very annoying.  suggestions?  I've already tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and adwcleaner, also a full scan with my Norton software.

grrrr...lol

Jim

A:Sale Charger infection

Welcome to BC !

Use CCleaner to remove Temporary files, program caches, cookies, logs, etc. Use the Default settings. No need to use the
Registry Cleaning Tool...risky. Pay close attention while installing and UNcheck offers of toolbars....especially Google.
After install, open CCleaner and run by clicking on the Run Cleaner button in the bottom right corner.
CCleaner - PC Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Startups. On that page you will see a list of Windows Startups and at the top tabs for each browser and Scheduled Tasks.
At the bottom right of that page you will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste the list of Windows Startups and Scheduled Tasks into your next
post. Please do that.

Open CCleaner and click on Tools. Choose Uninstall. On that page you will see a list of programs installed on your computer and at the bottom right of that page you
will see a button when clicked will allow you to Copy and Paste that list in your next post. Please do that.

Scan your computer with these:

download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
The tool will open and start scanning your system.
Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message

Hold down Control and click on this link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
Click the button.
For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
Click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
Double click on the icon on your desktop.
Check "YES, I accept the Terms of Use."
Click the Start button.
Accept any security warnings from your browser.
Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
When the scan completes, click List Threats
Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
Click the Back button.
Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576384/sale-charger-infection/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I need help with this issue. I recently had a problem with my PC not working and got it fixed but after that I couldnt use it when its charging. It works fine unpluged but I always want the system plugied in due to how long I want to be on but any time I plug it in, it literally frezes up and color screens and I have to restart it but never works after that. Just black screens when its almost near the home loading screen. Please help?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-crashes-and-dont-work-when-plugged-into-the-charger.1155899/
Relevancy 34.4%

So I just bought a used HP dv laptop charger laptop shutting keeps off? My It came with a Dell charger My laptop charger keeps shutting off? and was able to charge fine I use my laptop as My laptop charger keeps shutting off? my home computer so its always plugged in Since I always keep it plugged in I removed the battery so over time it wouldnt kill the battery life So everything runs good but I also like to play games on my laptop when I do my laptop shuts off I thought it might be my laptop crashing but I noticed that the small light on the charger was off I unplugged the charger from the wall socket and plugged it back in and the light came back on and my laptop powered up The charger was very very hot So I pointed a fan at it and played the game again but it shut off again I thought it had to do with the dell charger and the HP laptop So I bought a brand new HP charger But it still does the same thing the charger shuts off Is there some settings I have to change or something wrong with my laptop I cant figure it out

A:My laptop charger keeps shutting off?

Normally in HP Laptops the shutting off of the charger when the battery is fully charged is quite normal. Happens with my HP also but not with Dell Laptop where the charger remains always on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/235984-my-laptop-charger-keeps-shutting-off.html
Relevancy 33.54%

We have a person who is somewhat important on HP specter 360 with Windows 7. She received a NSOD and i did a bluescreenview and it said it is related to ntoskrnl.exe. Uploaded mini dump. Please help this poor IT person.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD. Not sure what is going on. HP Spectre 360

Hi xxxnullifierxxx,

Welcome to the 7forums.

A driver from Symantec has been flagged
Please check Symantec for software updates.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PGPwded.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PGPwded.sys

2: kd> lmvm PGPwded
start end module name
fffff880`0151a000 fffff880`01584000 PGPwded T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: PGPwded.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\PGPwded.sys
Image name: PGPwded.sys
Timestamp: Fri Nov 28 10:24:45 2014 (54783F5D)
CheckSum: 0006A043
ImageSize: 0006A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
I understand this person you are talking about is from an organization?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384436-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-not-sure-what-going-hp-spectre-360-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I cannot create a new folder on the desktop. Right click of the mouse pad does nothing. Shift Control N does nothing. This is ridiculous. Any help is appreciated.

A:HP Spectre X360 with Windows 10

Does right click work at all? Try right click on Start button and see if it produces a menu. Some people has experienced problems with their touch pad, try using a mouse and see if right click works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-spectre-x360-with-windows-10.1160901/
Relevancy 34.4%

So I have a Dell Inspiron 17 5000 Series Touch Screen Laptop (Dell P26E). The charger I have for it is the factory one that came with the laptop
(says it's a Dell 65W-AC Adapter
model number HA65NS5-00
UP/N: A065R039L
REV:A01
INPUT: 100-240 V~ 50-60 Hz , 1.7 A
OUTPUT: 19.5 V --- 3.34 A).
Anyway, I got a new computer but I don't have a charger for it... So pretty much a brick. The new computer is a HP Pavilion g7. But I don't know which specific g7 it is. The girl I bought it from lost the charger. So I'm wondering if I could use the Dell charger for the HP or if I should just buy a Pavilion-specific one. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 33.97%

i own two chinese tablet PC without micro USB (i break it)anyone know how to charge it? Since it work fine my mind think on buy any ac adaptor + cable adapter (external) to plug my battery in this adapter, but doesnt know where to buy it. anybody help me!

A:External Battery Charger for Tablet PC without micro USB

To even have a chance of answering your question, we would need to know the make and model of the tablets. Your best bet would be to try and contact the manufacturer of the tablets.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/72572-external-battery-charger-tablet-pc-without-micro-usb.html
Relevancy 33.97%

So I apologize ahead of time if I'm breaking any noobish rules I'm only slightly frantic here Any help at all would be turn when Laptop on; off plugged won't charger in turns greatly appreciated I own an Alienware m x r that's about years old I was playing a game on it and it just suddenly turned itself off had my headphones on and heard kind of a popping sound dunno if relevant I checked the cable because it comes out sometimes but it was still plugged Laptop won't turn on; charger turns off when plugged in in but the light on the cable where it plugs into the laptop itself was turned off I thought the cable connected to the power brick had come unplugged but that was okay too I plugged the cable into a different outlet and the light came back on it wasn't plugged into the laptop at this time so I plugged it back into the laptop but the light immediately went out and nothing I tried unplugging the outlet cable from the brick and plugging back in but no dice did this a few times with light coming on but turning off when plugged into laptop There's a button on the bottom of the laptop right by the battery that when pressed five lights turn on Just noticed this so I don't really know what it means I'm assuming it tells me how charged the battery is If so it's telling me the battery is fully charged then Anyway tried turning on without charger nothing Tried turning on without battery in and with charger plugged in nothing I'm hoping that it's somehow both the battery and the charger are bad but before the computer turned off in the middle of a game it didn't show any signs of charger or battery failure When the charger comes unplugged the screen dims and when the battery is low it tells me so and the screen dims then as well I read somewhere about a bad charger overloading something or other Could this be possible Also my main concern is the things on my laptop I can do without it for a few days or whatever as long as I know my stuff is still safely contained within I guess I'm just looking for a little assurance here Ha Anyway thank you for taking the time to sift through my rambled mess and if you need any other information please just ask I will do my best to provide

A:Laptop won't turn on; charger turns off when plugged in

Greatings pinkgalaxies and welcome to the forum I will try to answer all the questions I can.

There's a button on the bottom of the laptop right by the battery that when pressed, five lights turn on. Just noticed this so I don't really know what it means; I'm assuming it tells me how charged the battery is. If so it's telling me the battery is fully charged then. Anyway, tried turning on without charger, nothing. Tried turning on without battery in and with charger plugged in, nothing.

Correct if pressed and released tells you what the charge is. If held down the amount of light that light up tell life of battery or something to that effect.

I read somewhere about a bad charger overloading something or other. Could this be possible? Also, my main concern is the things on my laptop. I can do without it for a few days or whatever as long as I know my stuff is still safely contained within. I guess I'm just looking for a little assurance here, Ha.

I have a power for one of mine that when it get to hot it cut off one it cools then back on. I do not think that is the concern here. The data is safe is stored on a hard drive (disclaimer unless the drive is going bad).

What I think is going on one of two maybe three things

1. Replace the power brick with a new one form Dell.
2. The board that is in the system that the power plugs into is bad.
3. The power switch is bad may need to be replaced or cleaned.

When was the last time you cleaned the dust out of the system? What is the system sitting on when using it?

One of the biggest problems with portable computer is the power source has poor heat distribution.

May try taking the battery out and discharge they system then plug in electricity see if you get a response. If so then back up personal files as a precaution.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/126265-laptop-wont-turn-charger-turns-off-when-plugged.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Chaps BRANDNEW ARRIVED DAYS AGO HP Spectre x Core Intel i7-6500U BRICK HD520 Graphics Spectre x360 NEW HP 13-4109na - na - Intel Core i - U Windows GB DDR L GB SDRAM Intel HD Graphics Supplied with Windows home and updated to Windows home with m s update Video Scheduler driver STOPPED RESPONDING VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR andsimilar Errors ABOUT FOUR TIMES DAILY Usually whilst using IE FIREFOX usuallywhen changing page scrolling COULD IT BE RELATED TO POPUPS OR OTHER VIDEO ON SCREEN Event viewer shows Display driver igfx stoppedresponding and has successfully recovered Event ID Think this is x error Sometimes blue screens but more often recovers Rolled driver back to No improvement YESTERDAY Contacted HP chat support Paul who using a minuscule chatbox promptly Reset driver to latest driver and updatedBIOS Apologised for the inconvenience and offered me a HPvoucher NOT ARRIVED MACHINE STILL HAS THE SAME PROBLEM after HP support QUELLE SURPRISE If I were not otherwise quite pleased HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK with the machine and had not spent a few hours setting it up it would be sent straight back - it may still be Nevertheless keen to sort it out thanks for your help There appear to be some beta drivers available here https downloadcenter intel com dow - - - - - - but I cannot get the Win bit version to install quot The driver being installed is not validated for this computer quot error arises there are some instructions to bypass this here https steamcommunity com HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK app I do only have one graphics card Is this the way forward OK folks followed the instructions carefully essentially telling the P C to search yourself have driver and have disc then navigate to folder you have saved and extracted to Note also it is best to download the zipped file since it contains graphics display audio and language items and so you can choose graphics separately I could not get the HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK single exe file to load the graphics driver Now running beta driver dated Time will tell Well no recurrence for hours so marking as solved - famous last words eh Yes spoke too soon Made the mistake of turning to tablet mode and twice had the worst screen problems yet experienced Mike

A:HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the 10forums.

To note:
Attachment 52520

As the 0x119 is GPU related, please stress test the GPU and clean install the drivers.
Please uninstall everything of Intel graphics using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Intel. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.

Diagnostic test

GPU TEST

Run Furmark to test your GPU. Furmark tutorial

Note
Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning
Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
0: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
start end module name
fffff800`ee6f0000 fffff800`eed2d000 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Sat Jul 18 02:27:57 2015 (55A99D8D)
CheckSum: 0061C20F
ImageSize: 0063D000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32551-hp-spectre-x360-13-4109na-intel-core-i7-6500u-hd520-graphics-new-brick.html
Relevancy 33.54%

My computer was on and i had the power cord in the top socket in my room and a extension cord in the socket below it. I had the monitor and phone chargers. I plugged in another phone charger that i was going to use with an xbox one controller to play with and the computer turned off and i saw a flash and the socket zapped. I smelt a gross burnt smell coming from something and i noticed a small hole in the power cord that i havent noticed before. The computer would not turn back on. I dont know what to do can someone help me?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601835/computer-wont-turn-on-after-plugging-in-charger-into-socket/
Relevancy 27.95%

So my laptop fell of my bed and I was too tired to notice that the charge was sticking out strangely and when I went to use it this afternoon the charger was horribly bent. Is this worth trying to save or do I have to buy a new part?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charger-bent-like-really-bent.1164895/
Relevancy 32.68%
A:Samsung Q430 laptop wont hold charge. Is it charger or battery

It is highly possible it's the battery.

How old is the laptop?

https://malwaretips.com/threads/samsung-q430-laptop-wont-hold-charge-is-it-charger-or-battery.55755/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello! I have been looking online for websites where I can get help for my laptop. I have a Toshiba Satellite L55-C5272. I broke the screen, and replaced it. Then I had one other issue, every time I remove the charger from the laptop, my laptop automatically shuts down. Even with 100% battery. I dont' know what the cause of this is, but I do know I was not messing with the battery. This laptop is about 2 months old, and I don't know what else to do.

If you have any advice or suggestions, you may email me at [email protected]

Thank you for your time,
JennyBeary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unplugging-my-charger-shuts-down-my-laptop.1165612/
Relevancy 33.97%

QUICK CHARGER FOR SECRET PHONE BATTERY Use the charger that came with your phone You should use the original charger that came with your phone to charge the phone line by each voltage level are provided for various optimization So does not the charger can also be achieved as an ideal voltage charger designed specifically for the device you are using Especially you should not charge the phone through the port connected to the computer as it can reduce the speed of the phone charger funy video Airplane mode when charging Switch your phone to airplane mode Airplain PHONE CHARGER BATTERY SECRET FOR QUICK mode will help you fully charge the battery faster than QUICK CHARGER FOR SECRET PHONE BATTERY phones In flight mode will disconnect all connections unnecessary activity on your phone means every call message network traffic will not be used At each different phone lines will have different ways to activate the flight mode Temporary Power Off Phone If your phone does not have the need to use as much as call waiting important messages set alarms photography music then while charging you should turn off the phone This helps increase battery charging so much whether you just plugged in few minutes Turn off all the features Active Not Needed You check to see if your phone does not use any features or not such as Bluetooth GPS Wi-Fi NFC If not turn them off in order to reduce wasteful consumption of battery In addition you should also stop the processes that drain battery as backup update applications games operating system from Google Play Store These features can easily be reactivated when you unplug the phone charger game No Regular Open See Charging the phone while During charging the phone battery should not regularly check the phone open how this causes pretty much battery power is the Smartphone device If unnecessarily restrict you open the phone while it is charging a small operation but your phone helps significantly increase battery charging nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/quick-charger-for-secret-phone-battery.1167587/
Relevancy 34.4%

Basically what's happened is this Recently I charger? Broken laptop got the quot warn me if my battery needs replacing quot message on Windows so I ordered a new one which arrived today then I fitted it pre-charged to and it worked perfectly Next I plugged in my current charger only to find that just like my previous battery no charge is being received and I don't mean the quot plugged in not charging quot message but rather it just simply doesn't work Seems like the charger is defective but what are the odds that both the charger and the battery would fail at the same time I've tried multiple fuses in the plug but none of them make a difference so it's likely not the fuse either Hopefully it's just the charger and I can go and order a new one If that doesn't work I'll dismantle the laptop and make sure the connection from the charging port to the motherboard is working and is not damaged After that I have no clue what could be going on the battery is fine as is the laptop itself it just won't charge With all that said could someone shed some light onto what may have happened here I'm getting the feeling that my old battery likely works Broken laptop charger? fine unless the defective charger damaged it somehow

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393307-broken-laptop-charger.html
Relevancy 33.54%

anyone know how to do this? when plugging in to AC adapter, the system switches to a different power plan?

A:Any way to auto switch power plans when plugging in to charger?

Hi,
In what way,
There are already different settings for plugged in and battery usage
Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/349626-any-way-auto-switch-power-plans-when-plugging-charger.html
Relevancy 34.83%

The charger failed on my Dell Latitude D520. Even with extenion cord. Help. (P.S. The latitude D520 made a "bzzt" sound for half a second when I plugged it in.What

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/charger-fail.1169971/
Relevancy 34.4%

Now this was working fine till a few hours ago.  Then suddenly I saw that the laptop was switched off.  Tried switching it on, it didn't power up.  After a while I connected the charger and then powered it up, and Presto !! It booted up.   Then switched off the charger, and the laptop too got switched off   Now the position is that the battery meter shows 100% charged and the indicator shows blue light, but the moment I switch the charger, it shuts down. Please help. 

A:E5-571-37UB : switches off when the charger is plu...

attached hardware : 1) Mouse, 2) USB dongle.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-571-37UB-switches-off-when-the-charger-is-plugged-out/td-p/429696/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, my new Acer V Nitro laptop makes a short, beep tone (coming from the speakers) when I plug and unplug the charger. I have read online that it is due to the driver and/or BIOS and I have done everything to disable it (installing new driver, searching for options in sound menu of Windows, going into the BIOS settings...). Finally, I have found the solution: deactivating the autostart of Realtek Audio driver on Windows start. Do you think that it is normal to hear this tone? I have completely reinstalled Windows and the tone finally reappeared (only after installing all updates). Thanks, 

A:Beep tone when plugging the charger - Acer V Nitro...

Hi, Well it makes a beep to tell you that the charger has been plugged in. Nothing wrong with this. It makes the same beep when you unplug the charger. It is normal, and it is implemented on more acer notebooks, not just yours.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Beep-tone-when-plugging-the-charger-Acer-V-Nitro-VN7-762G-55UA/td-p/429571/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 34.4%

The charger for my laptop recently broke, and the store doesn't carry the model that I need. How do I go about purchasing a new one? I have an Aspire One Cloudbook 14 AO1-431-C8G8. Thank you.

A:Hi new member. I need a new charger for my laptop.

Hello, You can buy a new AC adapter from your Acer store.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Hi-new-member-I-need-a-new-charger-for-my-laptop/td-p/423710/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 31.82%

Brand new laptop keeps crashing. Has shown blue screen with error message DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL(rtwlane.sys) 5 times, and has compltly locked up twice ctrl+alt+delete didn't work so had to switch off via power button. Windows update failing to install despite being connected to the internet. 

A:Brand new HP X360 11-k107na Blue screen DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS...

Hello,Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome ! This is BSOD -  kind of Windows self-protection feature. If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error.What you describe could happen because of incompatible with Windows driver (more often) or because of hardware issue (rarely). In your case, this seems to be known issue - your network drivers are outdated and need to be updated in order to fix the issue. Option 1:Visit the HP web site for your model >> http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-11-x360-PC-series/8499314/model/8942286 , select your OS version, download , choose the Network drivers , download and update them Option 2 (recommended):If you do not have it already, please download and install HP Support Assistant from this url: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905Use to check for and apply all drivers updates Additional tips:- If you have McAfee software installed, then uninstall it and eventually run this McAfee uninstaller tool >> http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp- Use the built-in Windows Defender >> http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/  Please, provide your feedback and let me know how this goes. - For Windows updates failures, try >> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-update-troubleshooter

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Brand-new-HP-X360-11-k107na-Blue-screen-DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS/td-p/5595299
Relevancy 63.64%

I've seen this crackling sound problem around the internet. After my research for hours, here is what I got: 1. I used 'DPC Latency Checker V1.4.0'. It was found that some devices, i.e. modem, usb, wifi, are interupting the sound card making crackling noise which is really loud and noisy. 2. Changing the bit rate between 16 bit and 24 bit doesn't help. 3. Update speaker driver to 'Realtex 6.3.9600.116' and 'Intel Smart Sound Technology 8.4.1.71' won't help. 4. Turn off the Audio Enhancement in DTS studio sound doesn't help. 5. Disable WIFI driver for a while won't help. *6. I've found that the problem can be solved by disable 'Disk Data Cache' in SSD option in Intel Rapid Storage Technology.Page 4 from this link: LinkBut I can't find this disable option in version 13.6.0.1002So how can I turn this 'SSD Cache' off?Or do you have any other solution?

A:Crackling sound while playing music in HP SPECTRE X360 Ultra...

Here is what I got from DPC Latency. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Crackling-sound-while-playing-music-in-HP-SPECTRE-X360/td-p/5039064
Relevancy 32.25%

I have 2 identical fairly new HP 360s, both running W10 64-bit. Both send video correctly to the TV over HDMI connection. Neither sends the audio, instead sending it to the laptop's internal speakers. This is an HP issue, as the HDMI cable is fine and works with all other devices. The cable and TV work properly with my Mac and Toshiba laptop and with my HP Pavilion desktop unit. Please advise as to the correct fix for this tiresome proble. Thanks,Steve Conelley

A:Envy x360 audio not passed to TV over HDMI

Hi there @Conehead1952,  Welcome to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. I understand that you are having an issue with the sound while trying to use the HDMI capability from your HP ENVY x360 Notebook PC.  Did you receive any error messages?Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device? Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting: Using correct HDMI cable for your HDMI deviceSetting HDMI sound outputTroubleshooting specific HDMI issuesCould you please run the Hardware and Devices  troubleshooter? The troubleshooter will help find and fixHDMIissues. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.Select Troubleshooting.Select View all on the top left corner.Click on Hardware and Devices.Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.Check if the issue persists.You could try to:Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Uninstall.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the model number of your ENVY x360 Notebook PC.  Thanks!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Envy-x360-audio-not-passed-to-TV-over-HDMI/td-p/5584652
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello everyone, I just made a clean install of Windows 10 x64 to my dv6, installed all drivers from hp and from windows update. When I plug the charger, everything works fine except that when I want to play music, or watch a video, or play games, the audio (every sound) skips. It simply cannot be heard at all. But when I unplug the charger (when working only with the battery), the audio works fine..  Something else I've noticed is that while not using the charger, my laptop stars to overheat and after a few minutes, it turns off..  I would appreciate all the help you guys could bring to me.. Thank you very much....Some information:Currently running IDT High Definition Audio CODEC  -- 6.10.6498.0  -- 5/12/2013

A:Envy dv6 (beats) audio starts to skip when ac charger discon...

Hi @WookieeFer, Welcome to the HP Forums! I see your HP ENVY dv6-7382la Notebook is having issues with overheating. Try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed! Please let me know how this goes. Please click the Thumbs up below to thank me for my efforts! Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Envy-dv6-beats-audio-starts-to-skip-when-ac-charger/td-p/5578319
Relevancy 33.54%

I am unable to get a definative answer from any one whether of not this new 12" (not the 13") model support an external monitor.  Specs and screenshots show only USB-C ports.  Is there another port?  Can you attach one with an adaptor via the USB-C port?  A support export said he saw an HDMI port, but I suspect he was looking at at the 13" Spectre.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:New Spectre 12 x2 Detachable

Great Question @meisenman?  With the upcoming Spectre 12 x2 PC the USB type-C ports can be used to plug in an external monitor. You will need an HP USB type-C to HDMI  or VGA adapter to allow one to be plugged in. USB Type-C Compatibility Chart for computers, adapters, docks and hubsDescription HP Spectre 12-a000 x2 Detachable PC     HP USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter  x    HP USB-C to HDMI Adapter  x    HP USB-C to VGA Adapter  x      

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Spectre-12-x2-Detachable/td-p/5304562
Relevancy 35.26%
Q: charger

I don't know where I can find a charger for my notebook.I am in Manhattan and I need to turn on my notebook, but I forget my charger in Brazil.What is the store next to me?

A:charger

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP support forum. You can buy HP original charger from many places.  I suggest you search in Google for PC computer shops in Manhattan. Popular PC stores in the USA are BestBuy.https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=best+buy+in+manhattan As per the HP manual, the adapter for your notebook should be 65W or 90 W. I guess you can take the notebook with you in the store to test it. They look like this (an example) :  Here is some instructions for online purchase >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00520482

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/charger/td-p/5587244
Relevancy 64.93%

nbsp My Spectre is connected to the internet via WLAN The Operating System Win was updated a few days ago nbsp The Bluetooth System does not detect any Bluetooth X360 the Spectre devices by Bluetooth not HP detected devices any more It keeps searching without any detected devices There are no error messages Bluetooth devices not detected by the HP Spectre X360 In the devices list in the system the bluetooth speakers are not displayed The problem is permanentMy Bluetooth speakers functioned with this Spectre a few days ago These Speakers work with my Smartphone and Bluetooth connection without any problems nbsp My Samsung smartphone is near the Spectre with bluetooth enabled It was coupled with the spectre a few weeks ago and functioned but suddenly this does not function any more either The smartpjone connects to other bluetooth devices and the bluetooth speakers without any problems I tried to connect to the speakers with the Spectre after disabling the speakers in the smartphone bluetooth connection- no success I have tried deinstalling and reinsatlling the bluetooth drivers in the Spectre- but the result is the same The system says that the bluetooth is functioning and that the drivers are up to date Your help would be much appreciated With best regardsIvor Novello nbsp

A:Bluetooth devices not detected by the HP Spectre X360

Hi @INOV, I came across your post about Bluetooth connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please review the document below: HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)Make sure  the Bluetooth is turned on and discoverable. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks. Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-devices-not-detected-by-the-HP-Spectre-X360/td-p/5592138
Relevancy 33.11%

I have un HP spectre 360 (windows 10 64bit) connected with Hp 3001PR port replicator.The port replicator is connected with monitor and ethernet.Problem: each morning when i start computer ,after about 30 minutes, the replicator disconnects.i have to " ipl " the replicator and after i haven't problem for all day.i have installed the last version driver but the problem is always the samecould you help me pleaseMauro

A:HP 3001PR disconnect with windows10 in HP spectre 360

Hello @Mauro62?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I came across your post about the Port Replicator, and wanted to help! To start, can  you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Do you only have the replicator connected to your notebook through the monitor?  Are you connecting it with an HDMI cable?  Are you using an external monitor?  If so, instead of connecting through the monitor, try connecting through the USB port, and see if you are having the same issue.  Please post back with the results. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Happy New Year!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-3001PR-disconnect-with-windows10-in-HP-spectre-360/td-p/5422540
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi, I bought a hp pavilion dv6-6154tx laptop in last month.my laptop developed a peculiar problem. When I connect my charger to it, it starts charging but after sometime it stops and the battery icon shows "Plugged in, not charging". Then after some time it again starts. Sudroid.co.cc

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Laptop Charger Plugged In But Not Charging

There is a BIOS update available that is specifically for the intermittent charging issue. I recommend installing it.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/Laptop-Charger-Plugged-In-But-Not-Charging/td-p/1473511
Relevancy 64.5%

I applied the BIOS Update F.32 Rev A using the HP Support Assistant. After applying the update my touch screen no longer works.HP Chat assist has only come up with the option to rebuild the machine. Has anyone else had problems with this BIOS Update?Is there anything I can do?Surely HP shouldn't provide this update for this model if it breaks it? Help appreciated.Peter

A:bios update has disabled touch on HP Spectre X360

Hi @Peterjhoulihan,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to help! I understand that the Touchscreen on your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4104tu Notebook PC is not working correctly.  Have you checked to see if the driver has been disabled?Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?Did you happen to try to restore the BIOS?Have you tried to Enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager? Please follow these steps to see if you can enable the Touchscreen:  Open up the Device ManagerFind ?Human Interface Devices?Expand ?Human Interface Devices?Right-click on ?HD-compliant touch screen.?Click ?Enable" (if available)Restart your Notebook PC. If this happened after you had done a set of Windows Updates, please use the System Restore feature and pick a date that was before the issues started.  To use System Restore in Windows 10: Go to the SearchType Control PanelClick Control PanelClick SystemClick System ProtectionClick System Protection TabClick System RestoreClick NextChoose "Choose a different Restore point"Click NextA box that says "Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event" will pop upChoose the eventClick NextClick FinishClick Yes to ConfirmWhen the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating. Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/bios-update-has-disabled-touch-on-HP-Spectre-X360/td-p/5594457
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello All nbsp Frustrated new owner of HP Pavilion x - convertible nbsp here nbsp Bought this computer about weeks ago nbsp Here are the issues I've been having nbsp nbsp Computer goes into sleep mode no matter convertible hp - GOES x360 laptop MODE... - SLEEP INTO pavilion what minutes setting I've set to both on battery and plugged in I've even set everything to never laptop would still go into sleep mode after to minutes of no-use nbsp nbsp Spent to hours with HP rep whom of which remotely accessed my laptop downloaded a bios update installed bios update nbsp After the bios update we tested the hp pavilion x360 - convertible laptop - GOES INTO SLEEP MODE... problem byleaving computer untouched for about minutes or so issue seems to be solved nbsp nbsp After step HDMI external monitor not sending signal to monitor nbsp My ext monitor can't detect a signal nbsp I actually had problems when I first tried to use an external monitor had to do several restarts and shutdowns to finally have monitor detect and signal from the laptop nbsp I know it's not the hdmi cable or monitor as I've tried inter-switching monitors and cables with my amazon fire TV nbsp And all monitors and cables were okay nbsp nbsp Nevertheless after step I fiddled around and restarted and shutdown the laptop some more times and somehow the monitor finally detected a signal and screen works again nbsp nbsp BUT HERE WE GO AGAIN LAPTOP GOES INTO THE DREADFUL SLEEPMODE after to minutes of idling nbsp This is really frustrating when you're working a a paper and doze off a lil bit to grab a drink watch tv etc having to come back wait for log in screen and enter password again is quite tedious nbsp nbsp Can an HP really get to the bottom of this as I've seen many others in this forum with issues of Sleep as well nbsp Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated with this as I've spent to on a new machine but I'm having to go through hours of troubleshooting for this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-pavilion-x360-convertible-laptop-GOES-INTO-SLEEP-MODE/td-p/5596404
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi  Hoping someone can assist, I have a spectre x360 connected to a Samsung Smart TV via HDMI.  Screen is recognised OK as the laptop screen flickers when plgging in, problem is that the TV screen suddenly goes blank (black) for no apparent reason then reappears, again for no obvious reason. Tried various different cables and different HDMI ports on TV and all behave the same, this doesn't occur at all when using other laptops connected to the TV using same cables.  Doesn;t appear to be cable led either as wiggling cable and therefore port doesn't seem to affect either the black out or reappearance ? Help !  

A:Spectre x360 - Samsung HDMI

Hi there @BaffledA,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I understand that the HDMI from your HP Spectre x360 Notebook PC to your Samsung TV is not working properly.  Did you receive any error messages?Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device? Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting:  Using correct HDMI cable for your HDMI deviceSetting HDMI sound outputTroubleshooting specific HDMI issuesCould you please run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter first. The troubleshooter will help find and fix HDMI issues.  Type troubleshooting in the search bar.Select Troubleshooting.Select View all on the top left corner.Click on Hardware and Devices.Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.Check if the issue persists.Please also try to: Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Update Driver Software.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Also, you could try to: Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Uninstall.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the model number of your Spectre x360 Notebook PC.  Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-Samsung-HDMI/td-p/5594750
Relevancy 33.97%

Was about to buy Spectre x360 13" with i7, 512 GB etc and FHD screen but HP ran out of stock and now only seem to have QHD with this spec. Am a little worried about scaling issues with QHD. Am mainly using Office 2013, Outlook, Adobe PDFs, Google Drive, Photoshop, Norton. Would these programmes have scaling issues ? Are HP restocking with FHD screens or are they now out ? The US have a Spectre x360 13t  with FHD and I can't understand why HP UK don't sell this model.  Can anyone advise ?

A:Spectre FHD

Hi, I think all high end Spectre x360 machines now have QHD or UHD therefore you have to movw down to lower specs which has only 128GB or 256GB of storage. Many machines in the US market won't be available in other countries specially CTO machines. I don't think HP Stores will restock older machines. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-FHD/td-p/5591432
Relevancy 63.64%

I have it hooked up with HDMI (brand new gold plated cable). The text especially is blurry/fuzzy and the screen doesn't take up all the space it should - about 1/2" at the top and sides, bottom is ok. The guy at View Sonic support said it was a video card issue and I would have to figure it out with HP or Intel. Can anyone help me? I have Intel HD graphics. The monitor is Viewsonic VX2270-Smh-LED. It's 21.5" 1080p frameless IPS display.

A:Trouble with Spectre x360 and Viewsonic Monitor, blurry text...

Hi @butlerll, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre Notebook and the HDMI port not working correctly. Try running the Windows updater Tool. Here is a link to help troubleshoot the HDMI Display. If the Notebook is not having an issue displaying anything on the Notebook screen, it is not a graphics card. Please get back to me how this goes. Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this help resolves the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution.  Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Trouble-with-Spectre-x360-and-Viewsonic-Monitor-blurry-text/td-p/5587046
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi fellow HP users and forum moderators nbsp I am using a Spectre X purchased in Australia and currently using it in Australia nbsp My problem is that the laptop sometimes does not nbsp wake up from sleep hibernate The screen is pitch black and keyboard lighting button is functional but I tried every single button on the keybpard and pressed the trackpad Nothing happens or responds to this nbsp Is this a software issue HP software or Windows bit issue Maybe a hardware like SSD playing up My SSD is a Samsung GB one nbsp The only way to make my laptop work again is to press the on off sleep button for seconds then it would force to shutdown then I press again to boot it up nbsp This is nbsp getting annoying I am writing a report for university and suddenly after having a short break or so and opening my laptop the screen is black does not want to wake up nbsp Any solution s to this nbsp Thanks in advance

A:Spectre x360 does not wake up Black screen

Hi @HPmac1,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with black screen after sleep mode. I will be glad to help you. Please follow the step from Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8). Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-does-not-wake-up-Black-screen/td-p/5583211
Relevancy 33.54%

My taskbar is jumping most of the time and at that moment my touchscreen doesn't work.  I made a screenvideo to show it.  Video of my screen I cann't find the problem online and fix it. I already re-installed my laptop. Who can help me? Thanks! 

A:Jumpie taskbar on Spectre

Hello @Rutger_help, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you are having issues with the Task Bar, and wanted to assist you! I took a look at the video you provided.  Thank you for the information.  It seems that the Task Bar itself is not the issue, but the Touch Screen.  The Task Bar seems to be jumping, because the On-Screen Keyboard icon keeps popping up, and going away.  The On-Screen Keyboard is usually active while in Tablet Mode, or when using the Touch Screen.  Try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Jumpie-taskbar-on-Spectre/td-p/5590336
Relevancy 65.79%

I've had the same problem as seen in 8 previous pages on this forum. My wife opened our 1 month old, $2000 hp spectre x360 laptop to find the screen had cracked. By the time we got the laptop to hp, the cracks had spread and some shards of glass fallen out near the origin of the crack at one hinge. Hp have deemed this as physical damage and quoted us $523 for repairs, on what without doubt was a defective screen. I can't even begin to express my anger and disappointment at both the quality of hp screens based on the 8 pages of similar issues, and the ridiculous quoted repair costs. I could buy a new laptop for less. With this level of customer service, I don't see hp maintaining their reputation of quality.

A:cracked screen on spectre x360

@trent2
?Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.Thank you,Omar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/cracked-screen-on-spectre-x360/td-p/5112381
Relevancy 64.93%

I have had some intermittent display problems so I wanted to check if my driver was up to date. Device manager indicates that for my Intel HD Graphics 5500, the current version 20.19.15.4360 is "Up to Date".  When I check on the HP website for my model computer and Win 10 operating system, it indicates I should use a different version, 10.18.15.4220. The strange thing is that according to the Intel website explanation for their numbering system, the first number "20" indicates a Win 10 driver, and a "10" first number a Win8.1 driver. It would appear that HP is recommending a Win 8.1 version for my Win 10 installation. I am uncertain what to believe is the correct driver.

A:Spectre x360-13t-4000 Graphics Driver

Hi @jsinco,I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are have questions about the video driver . I will be glad to help you. I looked into your question. the Version 10.18.15.4240 Rev.A was released  Jul 22, 2015 The Version 20.19.15.4360 Rev.A was released 6 Jan 2016 is a path for HDMI output. If you are not useing the external monitor exther are fine.The Version 20.19.15.4360 is the most recent. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-13t-4000-Graphics-Driver/td-p/5583197
Relevancy 65.79%

I purchased my HP Spectre x360 (i7, 8GB, 256SSD, Windows 10) two days ago.It worked perfectly until midday today when the touch keyboard icon in the bottom right of the toolbar began to toggle on and off for no reason.  Simultaneously, the touch screen was unresponsive for the majority of the 13.3" display.  When the icon is not toggling, everything works fine.  This problem occurs (what seems like) at random times for random durations.I have done nothing outside normal use and checking to make sure there are no problems.My guess is it has something to do with switching from the various "360" modes and possibly the connectivity between the screen and keyboard panels.Has anyone else had similar problems?Are there any solutions already in place?

A:HP Spectre x360 Touch Screen

Hi @zswies?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4101dx and Touchpad not working correctly. Here is a document on how to troubleshoot the Touchpad sensitivities.If you will go to the section on Adjusting TouchPad pointing sensitivities it should help resolve the issue. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!I hope this helps.Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Touch-Screen/td-p/5224100
Relevancy 65.79%

Oh what a wonderful day... brand new laptop...  a HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7.  Got it at Fry's as a refurbishment.  Got it home. Got it set up.  Got all kinds of display problems after not more than a few minutes of operation.  Why would I buy a refurbishment?  Don't know... I'm thinking these computers with the touch screens and rotations are not ready for prime time.  Returned it and got my money back.  Not sure about the HP brand.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Display-Problem/td-p/5588212
Relevancy 32.68%

I recently had to replace the power button board on my laptop after the original part broke. The last time my computer worked before the power button board broke, the battery was at 70% and afterwards I couldn't turn on my computer. Recently I received the replacement part and installed it into my computer. However when I try to turn on my computer it still does not work. When I plug in the adapter it does not turn on the nearby led and does not warm up at all. I tried to use only battery power however that does not work either. I have already looked through the guide (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372748 )and nothing seems to be the problem. I have yet to replace the battery or adapter because I am unsure if those are the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-15t-x360-Not-Responsive-to-Boot-Up/td-p/5596428
Relevancy 64.5%

My HP Spectre X360 convertible is overheating with high degree of battery power loss. The system goes off oftenly.  The extreme overheating is a big concern to me. The fast going down of battery disrupt my work greatly. What should I do to get my system back on track as before?

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, I just received this HP ENVY 15-w000 x360 Convertible PC and I am trying to set up a new copy of Windows 10. I have a flashdrive that has been set up to boot with a copy of Windows 10 that I would like to install. The problem is that when I press Escape and choose booting, I don't find the USB drive at all - the options remain the same where the flashdrive is plugged or not. Please advise. Thanks,Al

A:HP ENVY 15-w000 x360 Convertible PC

Hi, Please use a fresh or empty flash drive, not a bootable drive. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-ENVY-15-w000-x360-Convertible-PC/td-p/5582015
Relevancy 65.79%

I have had my Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx for 6 months.  The operating system is Windows 8.1 (64-bit).  I use Microsoft Office 365.   My laptop will freeze on me at least once every day either when I am outlook and more likely when I am on IE 11.  Normally it happens when I am using Outlook 2013, iTunes (Just opened, not playing music, basically updating my contacts/calendars) and internet explorer 11 (I will have maybe 4 tabs open) and probably will have Word and Excel open also.  IE 11 will be on let's say Amazon, and a few other pages but I am streaming movies or videos or music.  I understand that is a lot of programs to have open but the laptop is i7 -5500U - CPU - 2.40GHz with 8.0GB of Ram.  I currently am using 4.69GB. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Laptop Freezes - Spectre x360

Hi @prime31?, Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that the laptop freezes on Outlook and IE 11 once a day. I would like to help solve the problem.  please review the document for troubleshooting:HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 8) Have you tried other Internet browser like Google Chrome? Let me know how it goes. To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it. Regards,  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-Freezes-Spectre-x360/td-p/5469606
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone, as the topic subject suggests i  ' m searching for a new Keyboard for my "spectre X360 4101 Energy star " , the model of the keyboard is "806500-061 ITALIAN version" .  Unfortunately i dropped a glass of cofee on it , i managed to save all the other components except for the keyboard , that after many attempts of cleaning din't work. I ' m trying to find out where to buy the replacement , any suggestion ?

A:HP Service PN 806500-061 ITL Spectre X360

Hi @Gilgamesh9,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the keyboard. I will be glad to help you. HP continually improves and changes product parts. For complete and current information onsupported parts for your computer, go to http://partsurfer.hp.com, select your country or region, and thenfollow the on-screen instructions. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please keep me informed of how things went.If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Service-PN-806500-061-ITL-Spectre-X360/td-p/5595934
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi , i have a Hp Pavilion 13.3 " x360 13-s060sa and i want to upgrade the hard drive for an SSD , does anyone know the compatible SSD makes for this notebook. No websites seem to recognise it or have my model on their compatibility list . It must be upgradable since the one up model has an SSD and also other model numbers of the same laptop are supported. Any help and info would be really good, Thank You

A:Hp Pavilion x360 13-s060sa compatible SSD

This laptop has a standard 2.5" drive so any 2.5" SSD will work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-Pavilion-x360-13-s060sa-compatible-SSD/td-p/5596089
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I just received my i7 model of the HP Spectre X360 today and after a short period of use on the computer the upper left corner of the body of the computer becomes very hot, so much that resting it on part of my body becomes unbearable. I had read up on the notebook before buying it and the only mention of any issue of this sort was in a pros/cons list in one review that merely stated that "the bottom runs warm." Thus I was not expecting this level of heat while using the laptop rather casually, as the most intensive thing I was doing was streaming videos. Is this normal for what I am doing on this laptop? It's not the worst problem but it is definitely worrisome as I am planning on using this laptop for the next four years or so. Thank you all in advance!

A:Spectre X360 Extremely hot

Hi @yiajiipamu ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,George

I work for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-X360-Extremely-hot/td-p/5098806
Relevancy 64.5%

I purchased the HP Spectre X convertible notebook in January of this year and after the experience I have had I doubt I will ever purchase a HP notebook again I have been having overheating issues with temperatures reaching terrible overheating servi... HP customer x360 and Spectre HP - as high as degrees Farenheit around degrees Celsius nbsp HP Spectre x360 - overheating and terrible HP customer servi... I have contacted HP support several times and their standard procedure has been to update the BIOS and tinker with the notebook settings via remote access and to remind me to have the laptop on a flat service such as a table so the fan is not obstructed nbsp As this has invariably failed to fix the problem I have been directed on TWO occasions to take my notebook to a HP repair centre On the first occasion they replaced the fan and returned it to me with the statement verified working On the second occasion they replaced the motherboard and the heatsinks they indicated there was a verified failure in both instances and again returned the notebook to me last week with the statement that they had verified the notebook was now working without issues nbsp Unfortunately but to be honest not unexpectedly I still have an overheating notebook after several BIOS updates several replacements of hardware components and months into my warranty The time and expense involved in spending hours on the phone with HP support and taking the notebook to the repair centre has been ridiculous I clearly have a defective computer but HP will no doubt again keep me on the phone with their offshore call centre for hours whilst they update the BIOS and I expect I will have to visit the repair centre for a third time with no resolution i have asked for a replacement and HP simply said No we cannot do that Well what if the notebook clearlly is defective which surely must be the case if after so many software updates and two sets of hardware component replacements it is still overheating to such a degree nbsp I am extremely frustrated with HP and I'm hoping someone from HP or another user on this forum may be able to provide me with suggested next steps Otherwise I am afraid I will be left with a very expensive piece of junk

A:HP Spectre x360 - overheating and terrible HP customer servi...

Hey @julescheng, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions. Please take a moment to read HP's Privacy Policy at http//www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/ww-privacy.html .Cheers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-overheating-and-terrible-HP-customer-service/td-p/5587286
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello Just bought an HP Specture x360.  Camera keeps disconnecting.  I uninstalled hoping it would recognize unknown device and reinstall.  No luck.  Now I cannot find the right driver on the HP site. There must be a bug, but right now need my camera working for my business. Any ideas? Thanks.  They camera type is listed as HP TrueVision full HD camera as far as I can tell L

A:HP specture x360 camera -- not working; cannot find driver

Hi @Perich1?, Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process. I understand that your webcam would arbitrarily disconnect.  To try and overcome this, you have uninstalled the webcam but are not unable to find a driver now. First, if you restart your notebook, Windows will look for a driver.  You can also run the  HP Support Assistant  to aid with acquiring drivers? Have you done all your Windows updates?  I would be glad to look for drivers for you, but need the precise model. Hereis a link to HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8) that may help in the meantime. Hope to hear from you soon.  To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"  on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below  to say thanks for assisting you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-specture-x360-camera-not-working-cannot-find-driver/td-p/5593902
Relevancy 66.22%

I have the i5 version, and I experience the same heat issues as you guys described. Also, the area right above the F1-F5 keys gets really really hot after running anything even mildly graphics intense. Even simple 2d flash games will cause the fan to throttle up and that area will become extremely hot. It has been like this since the beginning. Other than the heat issue, I honestly have no qualms with this ultrabook.

A:Re: Spectre X360 Extremely hot

Hi @odontomon, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre X360 Notebook and issues with overheating and possible fan issues. Here is a link on what could cause overheating and how to reducing heat inside the Notebook. You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which has helped others as it restores the fans default settings. Please let me know how this goes. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Re-Spectre-X360-Extremely-hot/td-p/5116759
Relevancy 33.54%

My in box deletes messages before I can read or save them.

A:HP ENVY x360 M6

Hi @threadfin410?, What email are you using (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo...)? And are you accessing it in an Internet browser? Do you access the same email account on any other devices? When the messages are deleted, can you still find them in your Deleted/Trash folder? Any additional info would be helpful.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-ENVY-x360-M6/td-p/5586639
Relevancy 32.25%

My question is X2 HP file Sprout compatibilty Camera... RealSense Spectre with in the Subject block nbsp HP just announced a new laptop the Spectre X nbsp that's sort of a Microsoft Surface Pro competitor nbsp Something that caught my eye about the Spectre X is that it has an Intel RealSense d camera the camera being mounted on the rear of the screen Sprout file compatibilty with HP Spectre X2 RealSense Camera... looking away from the operator nbsp The laptop also has the usual front and back cameras nbsp I was mystified about why someone would put the d camera on the rear since the d applications you hear about are face recognition Windows hello gesture recognition etc nbsp There is no HP documentation on the Spectre X yet so there was no help there nbsp nbsp I did a quick investigation and discovered that Intel has two d cameras the F and the R for front and rear applications nbsp The two cameras use rather different techniques for gathering depth information nbsp F is what we have on the Sprout designed for close work nbsp The R is on the Spectre I believe and its designed for distance work nbsp nbsp My question best answered by HP or Intel at this point is whether the Spectre saves data in a file format that would be compatible with the file format of the Sprout nbsp In other words could we blend d images from both computers into one image nbsp That could be useful nbsp nbsp By the way someone has already anticipated our question about using the Sprectre camera for Windows hello nbsp You could turn the laptop around for login nbsp The answer to the question asked on an Intel forum was not now and maybe never nbsp The R is designed for fairly far distances so it probably wouldn't do close up face recognition nbsp Just think if you had a Spectre and a Sprout you would have two d cameras that don't work with hello nbsp Just a thought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Sprout-by-HP/Sprout-file-compatibilty-with-HP-Spectre-X2-RealSense-Camera/td-p/5297251