Windows Support Forum

VPN not showing folders

Q: VPN not showing folders

Hey I have setup a vpn from sbs2003 using dyndns and I have open the port needed and have enabled gre protocol "pptp". I am able to connect to the vpn but I do not see any of the folders nor the server.

Setup:
Modem>Cisco router >SBS2003>Clients

how do I mount to the server thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: VPN not showing folders

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: VPN not showing folders

hey for anyone who is having this problem what you need to do is make sure that the router the server is does not have the same ip range as from where you are trying to connect

EX:
the EX below will not work look at the bold part
server 192.168.1.112
Vpn client 192.168.1.5

The EX below will work look at the bold part
server 192.168.1.112
VPN client 192.168.0.5

Hope this helps some one that needs it. Oh yah then to mount to the server use \\ IP of server

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vpn-not-showing-folders.109984/
Relevancy 57.19%

I have just built a new computer using Windows Pro bit however I've noticed when I open Windows explorer out of times it will continuously search for drives when opening up explorer and not show any drives that are installed I've tried reformatting using different hard drives but the problem persists no matter what I do I've reinstalled Windows with only a single drive plugged in tried different SATA ports but this folders/file icons/thumbnails showing Drives not showing, not problem keeps Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing coming back The only thing I can think of is that the Windows install disk is corrupted and not installing properly I've also noticed that once it starts searching like this the icons wont display in any folder although the file names will Likewise when trying to sort files Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing by date type etc they will not sort When this happens I can easily type in Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing C to get to the drive without problem to access the drive but above problems with icons not showing sorting etc still is a problem Has anyone had this problem Know of a way to fix this I'm not looking forward to having to reformat again as I don't have the time to sit through and reinstall everything again after

A:Drives not showing, folders/file icons/thumbnails not showing

Hey Man.

When Im having problems with the system i do this:

Open cmd as administrator and then type "sfc/scannow" press enter

I will check your system for missing systemfiles and problems.

Give it a try and let me hear from you

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291483-drives-not-showing-folders-file-icons-thumbnails-not-showing.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Why is it that sometimes the folders icons show samples of their contents and sometimes not?

Check the two images: the first shows Desktop in Windows Explorer; the second shows the desktop itself.

Any idea on how to make Windows always show the folders contents samples?

TIA.

A:Folders icons showing/not showing content

Hello Paul,

You might see if clearing and resetting the thumbnail cache may be able to help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276382-folders-icons-showing-not-showing-content.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My issue is when I am clicking on a folder like My Computer it isn't showing up on my desktop as a window. But when you move over the folder icon in the taskbar it shows it down there and when I click on it it still doesn't show on the desktop... pleas help! I am an online student and cannot get my school work folder to show!!!
Thanks in Advance

A:Folders not showing up

Hello Amber, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It sounds like the window may have gone off screen somehow. If so, the tutorial below can help show you how to get it back on your desktop.

Offscreen Window - Move Back to Desktop

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/185347-folders-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi I'm glad to have found this forum good morning all I will be as detailed and precise as possible excuse my lack of knowledge When I go to desktop I have two computer folders But only one looks like the real one with that blue computer like icon and contains my C D E drives etc I will call this REAL The other one looks like a normal yellow colored folder except with a little person icon folders showing computer up! two It's like a user account icon the one that usually has your computer name like in my case Rogers Computer And that makes sense because inside the two computer folders showing up! folder is my downloads docs music videos etc and as far as I know exact same thing that can be found in my user account folder Rogers Computer computer C Users Rogers Computer Except that Rogers Computer folder is a simple folder with a little lock icon at the bottom and no person icon while this one is called simply Computer and has the person icon on it I will call this fake computer folder DUPLICATE See pic below when in doubt When did this start Some weeks ago I know because when I was trying to do back up to my Western ext HD my user account folder Rogers Computer would not show up and instead it was a folder named Computer that contained my music and vids Stupid me I did not think much of it I tried to delete DUPLICATE today but won't let me even after restart or restore When I right click delete little icon with white page and small black cross at left bottom shows up asking me if I want to delete the computer icon from desktop and I say yes but nothign happens Nor is there properties listed It only allows me to open open in new window include in library copy create shortcut or delete If I try to drag it to say my downloads folder it also won't let me either Nor will it allow me to rename it I realized something else When I try to delete some of my files in my download folder things go fine but if I restore the folders are back Restore should not do that it should only affect programs not the folder Also I typed in user account and decided to rename the DUPLICATE i e Computer back to Roger's Computer and it allowed me NOthing on the desktop changed but once I restarted the computer the DUPLICATE was now called Roger's Computer So it seems that this file really is my user account Yet if I restore my computer to couple days ago again it will be called Computer Sorry for excessive details I feel that the problem is not that complex but I wanted to make sure Thanks so much for all your help appreciate it

A:two computer folders showing up!

I recently had a similar problem, apparently from installing a lot of Windows updates all at once, and probably out of order.  Did you by chance do something like that right before this started?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502487/two-computer-folders-showing-up/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I've just noticed that some folders that, if I remember, used to be hidden, are now visible (see attachment). What could be the reason? Should I just mark them as hidden again?

Some background info: I did have some interesting things today (or just noticed today) on this PC like Windows Defender and Security Center services being disabled and removed from the Services.msc tool, Action Center notification icon was also disabled but it looks like I fixed all those. Did scans with MBAM, Spybot, Avira, ComboFix, gmer, TDSSkiller, etc. and there doesn't seem to be any kind of malware so I don't even know what was the reason for these problems. I've noticed the folders are visible after this tweaking.

A:Hidden folders showing up

Hello iMaStEr,

If they are just displaying as faded folders, then yeah you should be fine with only using step 3 in OPTION ONE of the tutorial below to not have hidden files show anymore.

Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/272079-hidden-folders-showing-up.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit on a Compaq laptop that is 2.5 years old. Recently all the drives disappeared from the My Computer folder and the list of folders, networks, and home groups on the left are cleared out. Even the Control Panel is empty. I can however in the address bar type in where I want to go with a specific address to a folder or item in the control panel and get there. It is my wife's computer and it is driving her nuts. Suggestions?

A:Not showing drives or folders

See if "Unhide" will show everything again. http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/unhide.exe (by Grinler)
Once the program has been downloaded, double-click on the Unhide.exe icon on your desktop and allow the program to run. This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives. If there are any files that were purposely hidden by you, you will need to hide them again after this tool is run."

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/311776-not-showing-drives-folders.html
Relevancy 48.59%

In my Application Data Folder I've had some weird folders I don't recognize, "Poere" and "Oplica".

Poere is empty, but if I delete it, it comes back and Opica has a file "siap.rih" in it and I can't find a thing about what a .rih file is.

My MSE also picked up a file, "ulciy.exe" that it didn't recognize and wanted to report to MS to see if it is a malicious file.

Any thoughts on these three things?

THX

A:Weird Folders Showing Up?

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<== starting at step 6. If you cannot complete a step, skip it and continue.Once the proper logs are created, then post them in a reply to this topic by using the Add Reply button.If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the post and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the reply and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.Please note that I am not a member of the Malware Removal Team and will not be assisting you in removing the infection. I'm simply helping you to post the information they need in order to assist you.If HelpBot replies to your topic, PLEASE follow Step One so it will report your topic to the team members.Orange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462591/weird-folders-showing-up/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello there,

Recently installed XP and don't like one of the things it does.
Under Windows Explorer if I click on a folder that has zip files in it, it will show those zips as folders and will list them on the left hand side.
How do i change this so that it doesn;t show up as folders and only file as Win98 did ?

thanks

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi

I will try to explain this as good as i can, when i'm accessing my media library on the computer with my phone it does show all movies/songs in the same folder. I have chosen to share different folders like, E:\movies E:\kids E:\adults C:\user\*\videos. all those folders are shown as only one folder on the device i'm accessing my library with. Sub-folders within the paths does show.

In Windows 7 the folders did not batch up as only one folder, each path was shown separately.

I hope you understand what i mean.

A:Media server not showing folders.

Is it only me who have this problem? Or is there any fix?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/34744-media-server-not-showing-folders.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I am experiencing some whacky behavior on my Windows 7 profile. It has been acting up lately doing strange things and I know if I "just create another profile" things will be ok, but I am a hardcore computer user and I am pretty picky about my layout, quicklaunch icons, program profiles/settings, etc so switching to a new profile would take me hours or painful configuration.

Here is what is currently happening...
When I create a new folder anywhere on the hard drive, it doesn't show up until I hit F5 to refresh the folder. If I rename a folder/file it doesn't show up until I hit F5. Basically any creation, modification, or deletion of file/folders on the drive are not showing up until I refresh the folder.

Anybody have any thoughts as to why this may be occurring? Any suggestions for a fix?

bigboy

A:Folders and Files Not Showing Up Until Refreshed

Hi Bigboy,

If you create another administrator account, you could copy the contents of your user folders into the corresponding new account's user folders to keep your settings and shortcuts.

Another option is doing a repair install. It will allow you to keep everything as well.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/29610-folders-files-not-showing-up-until-refreshed.html
Relevancy 48.16%

My Comp is not showing hidden folders or files. Help please.
Have tried the registry editor thing..

A:Not showing hidden folders or files

Ok, this not caused by malware..Option just tured of by default..Ok open any folder ..Go to Tools, Folder Options Open second tab..Then scroll down until you see Hidden Files and Folders..Choose show hidden files and folder..Click Apply, Ok.. Thats it !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177492/not-showing-hidden-folders-or-files/
Relevancy 48.16%

I noticed yesterday that all files have been wiped in 2 particular folders have been wiped but all other folders appear to be okay. The files in question are still visible but are showing as 0kb and when you open them they are empty. Some of these are password-protected but are also wiped.

I run Panda Anti-Virus and also run a Malware program.

I need to recover the data from these files.

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

JC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-files-in-2-particular-folders-wiped-and-showing-0kb.743890/
Relevancy 48.16%

This one has me vexed. I want the folders on the desktop to show the contents. At one time they did show the contents but now they don't. In fact yesterday I got the folders to show the contents. I think I did it by restoring defaults under "folder options" in Control Panel. But today they are again just the folder.

I think I know why the folders changed, due to CCleaner cleaning out the thumbnail cache. So how do I get the contents to show again?

Screenshots show how the folders look on desktop and the same two folders in Explorer with the contents showing. But now of course after messing around even the Explorer folders aren't showing contents.

Does it have to do with Aero or desktop theme? Confused.

A:Folders on desktop not showing what's inside

Hello Bru,

It looks like you may have thumbnail previews turned off. You could double check through the options in the tutorial below to make sure that they are enabled to see if that may help afterwards.

Thumbnail Previews - Enable or Disable

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/172409-folders-desktop-not-showing-whats-inside.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a few subfolders in the favorites folder, and although I can see the subfolder in explorer, it doesn't show up in the folder tree on the left. Even if I go to the subfolder (doubleclicking in the main view), it still doesn't show up in the tree on the left.

Is it because it's a special kind of folder, and has everyone the same behaviour, or is something wrong at my end?

win7 RC 7100 & IE8 7100

A:favorites folders not showing in explorer

Windows Seven's default doesn't show all folders. Go to "folder options" and at the bottom is the navigation pane options, check "show all folders" then OK. That should do the trick for ya if I understand you correctly.

Hidden Files and Folders - Show or Hide

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/11132-favorites-folders-not-showing-explorer.html
Relevancy 48.16%

i have locks showing in document folders and am unable to open.i have no clue as to the workings of this computer,so if i need to change any settings to be able to open these folders, i need step by step instructions.these are under my documents, public documents.this is my computer,no one else uses it.

Relevancy 48.16%

My Comp (XP, SP2) is not showing hidden folders or files. Help please.
Have tried the registry editor thing..

A:Not showing hidden folders or files

Do you mean this edit?:[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]"NoFolderOptions"=dword:0000000[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Restrictions]"NoBrowserOptions"=dword:00000000--------------------------------------------------------------------Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes, they may alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please permit the program to allow the changes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177491/not-showing-hidden-folders-or-files/
Relevancy 48.16%

Think i have been infected Just recently i tried accessing some folders in showing No names folders file HELP- in My Documents and it was there realised there were no file names for most of my HELP- No file names showing in folders folders in the My Documents folder Fo this reason i can not determine which document i want neither can i rename the files because they show no names at all Please help me in any way you can because its been my third diffent post without any helping hand My HijackThis log is inclusive Thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVCOMSER LVComSer exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Eset nod kui exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Plus Ad-Watch exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet Wireless O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run ares quot C Program Files Ares Ares exe quot -h O - HKCU Run AWMON quot C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Plus Ad-Watch exe quot O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce WUAppSetup C Program Files Common Files logishrd WUApp exe -v x d -p x d -f video -m logitech -d User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce WUAppSetup C Program Files Common Files logishrd WUApp ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-no-file-names-showing-in-folders.692550/
Relevancy 48.16%

I work in IT, and one of my end users has an issue where she has a number of files and folders in the desktop folder of her user directory, but only about 1/2 to 2/3 of them are actually showing up on her desktop. I have ruled out the following:
- I have set the desktop to auto-arrange to see if there were any items off the screen.
- The number of items that are showing doesn't even fill the desktop, so there aren't any items off the screen.
- I have verified that the "Show desktop items" option is selected.
- I have verified that none of the items are marked as hidden.
- This is a brand new machine with a fresh image, so there are no viruses on it.
- I have also tried rebooting, with no luck.

Thanks in advance for the help.

A:Some desktop files and folders not showing up

Were these dragged to the Desktop Favorites link in Explorer bar as I have had these not show up on Desktop in the past?

Best to browse in via C to User's Desktop to see that they are there.

Also, are you using that exact path in the image or does it have User Desktop folder redirected to OneDrive or elsewhere like mine?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368356-some-desktop-files-folders-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I've had this Western Digital TB External Hard drive since mid and have Sure it it files external folders, showing WD any or has not on stuff had no issues till now It has - gb of stuff basically all my stuff on it Earlier I was setting up a lan game so I plugged my external into a friends brothers laptop to copy the game WD external not showing any files or folders, Sure it has stuff on it across It all worked fine and ran smoothly up until I left he has a bad history of viruses When I restarted my laptop and plugged in the external hard drive microsoft security essentials detected the WD external not showing any files or folders, Sure it has stuff on it virus quot dorkbot ink quot and I let it be removed I then went to access the wd external and when clicked on it opened and there were no files or folders apart from a folder called quot RECYCLER quot and a file called quot Datainfo cfg quot At this point I assumed that the virus had deleted all my files on the hard drive with the quot Recycler quot and was quot fake quot showing my hd was full with quot Datainfo cfg quot The only reason I'm not sure is because when I deleted the quot RECYCLER quot folder and quot Datainfo cfg quot I shouldn't have deleted these the hard drive still seemed to have the data on it It showed full in My Computer Also when I was playing itunes I can still play songs that were on the external hd which wouldn't work if the directory was gone would it I'm not sure how to access it all again if it's possible what should I do now I'd WD external not showing any files or folders, Sure it has stuff on it appreciate any help or tips people could give me P s In folder options all hidden files are set to show so they're not hidden I've attached a couple of pictures if that helps

A:WD external not showing any files or folders, Sure it has stuff on it

OK. Try this.

Download the executable portable version of Re-Enable II from Downloads

Run it. In the program GUI click on Tools> Scan and delete Autorun.inf.

This will scan all all the drives and show all the Autorun.inf files.

Select only the Autorun.inf files on your external drive recognised by its drive letter (say G: ) and click on "Delete Selected"

In the second step though there is a "Reset folder/files attributes" in the Tools menu as a matter of abundant caution, I would prefer to do it manually by the attribute command.

Start > Run > type cmd and click on OK.
If your external drive is G:
Enter this command: attrib -h -r -s /s /d g:*.* (Press ENTER)
Check to see whether all your folders and files are accessible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/257600-wd-external-not-showing-any-files-folders-sure-has-stuff.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I use Windows XP files/folders not in Recycle Bin deleted showing There is not a lot in the Recycle Bin - some goes back to last year Some recent deletes are there I deleted a large number of music files mp and folders and only of these files are in the recycle bin The Recycle Bin settings deleted files/folders not showing in Recycle Bin are global and do deleted files/folders not showing in Recycle Bin not allow for auto delete The disk space available is large History My computer had been in storage for mos and I have recently been updating everything Prior to putting it in storage I had to have it professionally restored - they suspected it was a virus The hardware was affected and as I continued to have odd things happen I added a portable hard drive and changed settings so that My Documents and all subfolders operated from this drive That is the only drive on which I can find the recycle bin On the C drive I found something called Recycler I am good at emptying my recycle bin but in the process of doing updates and going through old files and programs I have intentionally not emptied it as I anticipated the chance for mistakes would be greater I was right unfortunately little of what I have deleted is in the bin Don t know why old stuff is there and so little of recently deleted files folders can be found Thanks Trudy nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Problem: New sub-folders not showing up!

So basically new folders added by uTorrent to my "Download" folder which is shared to everyone on my network don't show up when I access the folder from any computer on the network. (except the one where the files are located)

I have to say they do eventually show up... I guess when I restart the host or something maybe? I haven't taken the time to test it.

Anyone has a suggestion?

A:New subfolders in a network shared folders not showing up

I would first check to see that the download folder is indeed shared to everyone by putting a test file (say a document, nothing from Utorrent) just to pinpoint the actual problem. Are you saying that the folder does show up later, after a computer restart?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/163524-new-subfolders-network-shared-folders-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Here is my process. I scan documents onto my pc and save them to a file on my network drive. Then, I need to email these pdfs to other employees. I used to open Outlook, create a new email then click on "attach file". I would then get a drop down menu of the recent files I've worked with. There were some files on this recent list that I wanted to remove. I couldn't figure out how to remove only the select one or two files, so I cleared the history. Now, the files I view are not being saved to this drop down menu. I have to climb through 4 levels of files to get to the one document I need. How can I get File Explorer (not Windows Explorer) to start saving my recent activity again?

A:File Explorer not showing recent folders

You may need to turn Recent Items on.
See how:
Recent Items - Turn On or Off
Recent Items - Enable or Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398392-file-explorer-not-showing-recent-folders.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys new to the forums I've honestly spent about hours searching the internet hour on TSforums alone and still can't seem to find the answer to my problem If it has already been answered then could somebody please redirect me and close delete this thread Sorry in advance if that's the case So I hid a folder on my - virus showing AFAIK Hidden folders not no desktop and it disappears as it should have but then about minutes later when I Hidden folders not showing - no virus AFAIK went to the folder options to click quot Show hidden files and folders quot it was already selected So I went back to the desktop and the folder was still hidden I Hidden folders not showing - no virus AFAIK went back to the folder options and chose the quot don't show hidden quot option clicked apply and then chose quot show quot again and still no Hidden folders not showing - no virus AFAIK luck Then I checked on my external drive where I also have other hidden folders and files and the same issue is also present As far as I'm aware there isn't any virus on my laptop I haven't had the quot Windows Restore quot or quot AntiSpyware quot viruses or at least they haven't shown up so far and I have the free version of Avast AntiVirus running although I don't have enough knowledge as to whether it's reliable or not considering this could possibly be a virus I'm running Windows Professional -bit on a HP G EA If there's any more information you'd like or any tests software you'd like me to run then by all means please let me know and I'll do as told Please and thank you's to anybody helping in advance I appreciate anybody taking the time to assist me Regards

A:Hidden folders not showing - no virus AFAIK

There is a registry fix for it.

1. go to run(winkey+R).

2. type regedit.

3. go that path:- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\
Advanced\Folder\Hidden\SHOWALL

4.Look at the CheckedValue key( in right side).This should be a DWORD key. If it isn't, delete the key. Create a new key called "CheckedValue" as a DWORD (hexadecimal) with a value of 1.

5. now you can open the hidden file and folder.

This is usually caused by malware, I'd recommend going to the malware removal section of the forum to double check and make sure the system is clean. Also, make sure you create a backup of the registry before you edit it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hidden-folders-not-showing-no-virus-afaik-580454.html
Relevancy 47.73%

When I click on browse to search for a file to open in some software that I am using the only thing that will show is folders. I can't get the browse for folders and files to show files.

In other words I click on (c:) then Program Files and only folders will show. I cannot get the files to show under Program Files. I need to be able to select a file in that folder. They will show up when I do the same using Windows Explorer.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Yeto

A:browse in software showing folders but not files

Quote: Originally Posted by yeto

When I click on browse to search for a file to open in some software that I am using the only thing that will show is folders. I can't get the browse for folders and files to show files.

In other words I click on (c then Program Files and only folders will show. I cannot get the files to show under Program Files. I need to be able to select a file in that folder. They will show up when I do the same using Windows Explorer.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Yeto

Which program is this in?

If you are seeing a message that says "No files match your search" it's because the program you are using doesn't know how to open any of the files in that folder...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78133-browse-software-showing-folders-but-not-files.html
Relevancy 47.73%

The pic is fairly self-explanatory, but as you can see on the left hand side in the folders pane, there is 2 of nearly every folder. Any idea what I have done and how to rectify this?

Oops sorry it doesn't show up too well on here. It can be viewed at http://i38.tinypic.com/xp1mjq.jpg

A:Vista folders pane showing 2 of every folder

Hello Howie, and welcome to Vista Forums.

I believe it would be easier to create a new administrator account, then copy the contents of your old user account's C:\Users\(user-name) folders into the corresponding new accoun'ts C:\Users\(user-name) folders. If everything checks out ok, then you can delete the old user account while logged on to the new one.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/249126-vista-folders-pane-showing-2-every-folder.html
Relevancy 47.73%

iam not able to open any file in my encrypted folder. Same issue is coming after decripting the folder. when i open word doc its shows that format not supported and file is damaged which cant repair.

A:my encrypted folders data is showing damage

un-encrypt the folder or drive and run Check Disk on the drive (if it's C: go to Start/Run and type chkdsk C: /R and press enter. change the drive letter for the appropriate drive on your computer.)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-encrypted-folders-data-is-showing-damage-569940.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I use4 a local account, no MSA. I want to use OneDrive as a repository that automatically syncs files I place there with the Microsoft Cloud so I can access those files and folders from other computers.

Right now, after a Clean Install, OneDrive has a lot of folders I don't wnat there, so how do I get rid of most of them?

A:OneDrive and local account - get rid of most folders showing

What folders are you talking about, specifically? Your screenshot does not show any folders related to OneDrive (besides the root one). Synced OneDrive folders would be located under the root OneDrive folder, not next to it.

Your screenshot shows standard Windows folders typically found under Users\<your username> (AppData, Documents, Pictures, Desktop etc.). But what else you have there does not look like a clean install at all. You have a whole bunch of third-party folders there.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41101-onedrive-local-account-get-rid-most-folders-showing.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm new to windows 8, There are two accounts on our laptop. My mother is set as the administrator. I am trying to figure out why when I download something it shows up on to her desktop. Also, I have opened my browser and her google settings and bookmarks have come up when she has not logged in to her google account from my user account. I just downloaded aim as well and when she logged in to her user account my buddy list window with my saved information pops up as her account loads. Another thing is I was trying to upload a user photo (in my user account) and her pictures showed up in my account and I couldn't access mine. Does anyone know why our accounts are meshing? I cannot find anything about it online, and I don't know how to fix this! PLEASE HELP!!

A:Folders and downloads showing up on other users account???

I am trying to figure out why when I download something it shows up on to her desktop

It's probably best not to save anything to the Desktop but to the Downloads Folder under your login name in C:\Users then point all your downloads to that Folder or move them to that Folder after completing the download. Oops, you are logging in to your own account/name or logging her off then you on? Using Switch User may not always help.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/54405-folders-downloads-showing-up-other-users-account.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My explorer has stopped showing folders. Here is a snapshot of c:\.
I have recently installed ultimate windows customizer and due to some error this problem has occurred.
The first picture shows that c:\ has the windows 7 OS files.The second image shows that the folder is shown empty. Please help!!!

A:My windows explorer has stopped showing folders.

Have you tried uninstalling ultimate windows customizer or doing a system restore back to the time before you installed it?

System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/273532-my-windows-explorer-has-stopped-showing-folders.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Current Win 7 version: 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1). Right after I installed Win 7 Pro, I disabled automatic updates.

I deleted folders and files directly from the C drive. I even went to Backup and Restore>Manage Space>View Backups and deleted all existing backups. Also did deleted the backup folder and MediaID.bin file from the backup drive.

No matter what, when I do a new backup, the backup keeps showing folders and files that I DEFINITELY deleted from the C drive, it shows them when I browse the backup for files. What am I missing here? I Googled and was unable to find anything. Do I need a specific Win update? If so, what is the patch?

Thanks ahead of time, this is driving me nuts.

BZB

A:New Backups keep showing deleted folders and files

Bump. Nobody knows anything about this quirk/issue??

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/342098-new-backups-keep-showing-deleted-folders-files.html
Relevancy 47.73%

It may be buried in here somewhere but thought I'd throw this out there just in case or to help folks that haven't found a solution here I was having trouble suddenly with several folders shared between my win and boxes As far as I know they had worked before and suddenly I was getting you need permission errors from the to box and at least one from the to box Poked around here looked at my security settings tried a few things but nothing worked Then I remembered that some folders need a Everyone box with at least the basic permissions set I checked a working folder and it had Everyone with all boxes checked checked a non working one and Everyone was not there Pretty folders on drives network showing Some shared not on sure it HAD been there but it wasn't now added it to all the bad Some folders not showing on shared drives on network folders and now both boxes are again happily sharing the drives and folders I picked again Like I said it's probably already in here somewhere but a good reminder for anyone having weird file sharing problems with only a few folders yet all the others work

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41606-some-folders-not-showing-shared-drives-network.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Guys,

when I used to go to "recent places" from the favourites menu from file explorer it used to give me a list of the most recently opened files, now it gives me the folder of the file opened instead of the file. I recently upgraded to Win 8.1 from 8 so it might be a change made there.

e.g if I open a file called text.txt in c:/Spare folder in recent places it used to add text.txt, it now shows the spare folder instead!

Could someone please have a look at there recent places to see if it's the same.

Thanks

Tony

A:Recent Places showing folders instead of files

Mine is the same way.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39329-recent-places-showing-folders-instead-files.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Something is causing all My Documents files and folders to show up on my Desktop along with what is normally there They All Documents on My and Desktop my files showing folders are not shortcuts Properties show that they are actually located in My Desktop folder but in My Documents where they belong How I got to this state When I originally installed Win Pro I used sysprep to move Users to D drive at OOBE I tried to reverse this so I could upgrade to but sysprep fails to get me to audit mode So I booted into Safe Mode All My Documents files and folders showing on my Desktop with a new temp admin acct and copied users back to C drive Then I used regedit to point all the profiles back to C drive Rebooted Logged into All My Documents files and folders showing on my Desktop my main account I then used Properties on all my Profile movable folders to move that content back to All My Documents files and folders showing on my Desktop D All well and good until my Desktop fills up with files and folders that aren't really supposed to display there They work the same and point to the same files if I access them normally through my account icon I've been looking for copy errors haven't found anything yet Any ideas

A:All My Documents files and folders showing on my Desktop

OOBE is the MS Activator, it should be in the Windows/System32 folder. Was there an OOBE folder on the D drive?

I'll have to read up on Sysprep.

But, you copied your USERS folders right over the new Users folder right? All I can say about that, is that you should not have moved certain files that are in the root Users folder, like the DAT files.

I'll have to look up a old post to confirm that.

Ok, here is what I found:

System loads "Temporary Profile"

My system was loading a Temporary Profile. I had to make a new account and move all of my USER files to a new user account.

You CANNOT copy the NTUSER.DAT files, but you can copy every single other file and folder.

The NTUSER.DAT file that was in there, probably fouled up the copy and shunted all of the Docs into the Desktop Folder.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33412-all-my-documents-files-folders-showing-my-desktop.html
Relevancy 47.73%

is there a way to get explorer to show size of File folders?

A:windows explorer not showing sizes of folders.

hi not as such but there is third party programs and a registry hack im searching for you now but have a look at this Microsoft link To change advanced file and folder settings (See the size of a folder in a tip when you point to the folder)
Change folder options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/197020-windows-explorer-not-showing-sizes-folders.html
Relevancy 47.73%

This is strange. I have shared a folder on an external drive with "Everyone". In this folder are several other folders, and photos in each of those. When I go to my TV and open the folder, only ONE of the folders inside shows up. I have tried sharing each folder individually, and also tried selecting all of them and sharing, but nothing has worked so far. The puzzling thing is that the one folder that does show up has the same properties, sharing etc. as all the others, as well as the containing folder does show up, as I said. What might be causing this?

A:Shared folders not showing up on network devices

Is it possible TV can't see multiple folders? Does it work if you share them at C (just create a folder with few folders inside and put 2 pictures in each)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/372924-shared-folders-not-showing-up-network-devices.html
Relevancy 47.73%

tried everything on the internet and elsewhere. i tried out 7 different anti virus programs and spyware removal programs. i also tried to find out the file causing the files not to show up. no luck. i am definitely not a rookie with things like this but i've not been able to remove the thing causing it. My hijackthis log shows nothing, spybot search and destroy shows nothing... my start ups are clean and maintain my computer very well. this happened after a virus was downloaded from a connected nokia phone or other ways. i dont know how. my family used it and it turned out to be like this. Plz help.

Thank you

A:Hidden system Files and folders not showing

Hiand welcome to BleepingcomputerAs you are telling us you're not a rookie I supposed you have tried thisClick Start, open My Computer, select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.Select the View Tab. Under the Hidden files and folders heading, select Show hidden files and folders.Uncheck: Hide file extensions for known file typesUncheck the Hide protected operating system files (recommended) option.Click Yes to confirm.Otherwise, give it a try./Barilla

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/306323/hidden-system-files-and-folders-not-showing/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello all Hello all I have scoured some Network in Shared Folders Places showing not up of the messages on this subject on this site and others and still have no results My main computer is an Ibuypower running Windows XP The other computer is a Dell running Windows Me They are both connected thru a router both can Shared Folders not showing up in Network Places access the internet Both computers can ping each other in DOS mode although with the Dell I get a few quot timed out quot messages before it goes thru Windows Firewall is enabled Norton Firewall is turned off with it on the ibuypower could not access the internet In the ibuypower Windows XP under quot My Network Places quot it just lists the shared folders on that computer On the Dell Windows Me in quot Network Neighborhood quot it lists only its own shared folders When I click quot Add a Network Place quot in Windows XP it DOES show the name of the Dell computer in the drop down menu after you click quot Browse quot but there are no folders there I've even changed the name of the Windows Me computer on that computer and the name change does register on the Windows XP computer so they must at least be communicating Both computers are in the same workgroup and both have the same usernames and passwords to start up Windows Could anyone point me in the right direction as to troubleshooting

A:Shared Folders not showing up in Network Places

Does the Windows ME have the NetBEUI component installed?
Right click on network connection > Properties > look in the components list

Does the XP have Use Simple File Sharing checked?
My Computer > Tools > Folder Options > View

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/shared-folders-not-showing-up-in-network-places-22463.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I am unable to preview image thumbnails when browsing folders on my bit Issue when folders image Thumbnails showing browsing vista machine This has been an issue from when I purchased the computer about months ago then last month all of a sudden the Issue showing image Thumbnails when browsing folders thumbnails Issue showing image Thumbnails when browsing folders started showing default opening programme was fireworks t the time but I changed the default opening Issue showing image Thumbnails when browsing folders programme to Photoshop and now again the problem has re-occured In my folder options the 'Alway show icons never thumbnails' is not ticked and never has been The current default application for jpegs is Windows Photo Viewer having previously used Adobe Fireworks and Abode Photoshop at times no mater what the default programme is I only ever see the default programme icon When I change between the views in my folders Medium Icons Large Icons Extra-Large Icon the actual jpeg image flashes up as the folder loads and then flashes back to the programme icon Any ideas I really need to get this solved as part of my job involves photography and I need to be able to view thumbnails fast in large folders of photos and open in a range of editing suites I have compared all folder options to the bit Windows Machine at work which is fine all options look to be the same Thanks

A:Issue showing image Thumbnails when browsing folders

Hi hollyw,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

Here's a tutorial on how to do this in a variety of ways. Try them in the order presented as that's from the simplest to the most complex (even though I imagine you tried the first few already). Note the comment (and link to the procedure) near the top to set the default program to Windows Photo Gallery if none of the other options work (which you may or may not want to consider - or perhaps at least try to see if it works - let us know either way - and change it back if you don't want that as the default): Thumbnails in Windows Explorer.

If that doesn't work, try rebuilding the Icon Cache: Icon Cache - Rebuild to see if that helps.

If that doesn't work, you may want to clear the thumbnail cache (it won't delete anything but the cache and will rebuild itself when you open folders though it may take more time the first time you do so as it needs to do this first). Here's how: Thumbnail Cache.

I hope this helps. If not, post back with results of what you tried and we'll try some different options.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285597-issue-showing-image-thumbnails-when-browsing-folders.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a issue that is driving me crazy. when I upload a picture to flickr.com when I browse the folders for the pic I want to upload I can see folders and files that are not actually there. like they were moved or deleted but are showing up in the search. when I click on them of course it's empty.

I'm sure this is some kind of a thumbnails viewing issue or something that can be corrected. but I've tried cleaning up all the stuff I know about. like using the disk clean up tool and deleting all of the stuff in the %temp% folder etc.
I don't know what else to do.

how do I go about correcting this?

A:computer showing folders and files that no longer exist?

This is not something I normally recommend but try grabbing a copy of ccleaner.
CCleaner - Download
(it's free)
and use the temporary file cleaning only DO NOT use the registry cleaner part of the program.
IF you use firefox or chrome you'll want to click the app tabs first and check the boxes for those browsers.
I think as you apparently do that they are simply stuck in the file list. Ccleaner is the quickest way to get at that I know of.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220012-computer-showing-folders-files-no-longer-exist.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am running Windows XP, and I have my drives partitioned. However, recently my computer stopped opening up any of the folders on the drives. I can open the drive itself, but cannot open folders in the drive. Also, under properties for each folder, the computer says each folder is only 44 KB.

The drives still register the full memory, and programs like Treesize still register the full memory for each folder, but not when I actually open the drive window and try to view the folder. This also happens with my external hard drive.

Folders on my Desktop will open, and any files not in a folder, but just on a drive will open fine as well. This started soon after I ran AVG anti-virus, so they may be related.

Thanks for any help!

A:Folders won't open, not showing full size (44KB)

also i noticed now that the folders which will not open are being registered as Application types and not File Folder types

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/folders-wont-open-not-showing-full-size-44kb-482837.html
Relevancy 47.3%

(Edited)

I figured out my problem, it's due to a flaw in a backup script. Now I need to figure out what's wrong with that, but anyway. How do I delete this post? I tried it through edit and it won't let me.

A:Invisible files: Unhidden Doc/Xls/Txt present but not showing in folders

Delete posts: you'll have to ask a moderator by PM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/invisible-files-unhidden-doc-xls-txt-present-but-not-showing-in-folders.22747/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to create a message rule in Windows Live Mail Desktop. For example, I want a rule to automatically place any email from Pay Pal, to a folder I created named Pay Pal. But when I chose the option "specified folder", only the Outbox shows up as a list of folder options to move this to.

Is this happening for anyone else? What could be the problem?

A:Windows Live Mail - Message Rules, Folders not showing

Hi

Tools>message rules>mail>message is from specified account>move to specified folder

I think that you forgot to check where it is from a specified account.

I have wlm, if you give me step by step of what you are doing I know I can work it out for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/67715-windows-live-mail-message-rules-folders-not-showing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I was testing my FTP server tonight and when I connect to the home directory there's two folders that show up (RECYCLER and System Volume Information) in the home directory that shouldn't be there. When I go into my home directory in Windows Explorer these folders don't show up there, even if I choose to show the hidden files. If I can't get these folders to show up in Windows Explorer I can't exclude them from showing up in my FTP Server software. Is it possible that they show up in my FTP client because I'm connecting to the same machine the server is on? That's all I can come up with. What's going on here and how do I fix it?

A:Solved: Folders showing up in FTP client, but not Windows Explorer. Why is this happening?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-folders-showing-up-in-ftp-client-but-not-windows-explorer-why-is-this-happening.408396/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone. I am having this problem with the My Music folder. I am using Windows XP Professional. Basically, whenever I select to view the folders as thumbnails, the title of the folder does not show up. This happened the other day. I think I hit some kind of key combination wrong or something and it caused it to do that. How do I fix it?

Relevancy 46.44%

Dear,

i just re-installed my Windows 7 Ultimate, some folders in my D drive are showing folder is empty but when i checked the properties of the folder showing original size of data that folder contain 2GB.

How to resolve this issue.

A:D/ drive Folder properties showing data but folders are empty

Welcome to the forum.
Maybe those files are hidden, Open windows explorer then select organize from there go to Folder and search options, in the view tab select show hidden files, folders and drives That will anveil the files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237488-d-drive-folder-properties-showing-data-but-folders-empty.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My outlook email account is on exchange server I had created some rules to move mails to other specific folders and to display a deskotp alert on message arrival on these folders Back then it was showing the desktop alert but now it isn't Desktop alerts for inbox is still working fine I even created a generic rule with no conditions and just the action to display the Desktop Alert for all incoming mails and that too is working fine It doesn't work only when I try to implement desktop alerts on specific rules I tried exporting deleting then importing back all the rules but no good I don't know if it Desktop showing folders Outlook than alerts other not inbox 2010: for is of any importance but here is what I did something recently As it is a client side rule and will not work on outlook webapp so few days ago I created a copy of all the rules and removed the quot Desktop alert quot action so that this copy of rules will work for webapp Still the desktop alerts worked on outlook client but after two days this problem of desktop alerts not showing started I removed those copy of rules but still its not working I am not sure if this is the cause of the problem Any ideas

A:Outlook 2010: Desktop alerts not showing for folders other than inbox

Have you reset the Desktop alert again. Open Outlook select File, then Options, then Mail & tick the box for Desktop Alert.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/328519-outlook-2010-desktop-alerts-not-showing-folders-other-than-inbox.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm having a very bizarre issue on a laptop running Windows Windows explorer is showing all items as the wrong size it's as if the math is off by a few s For example an outlook file is showing up a GB which clearly isn't possible I looked up the file on another computer and it was actually GB Every file on the computer shows up that way It also doesn't matter if I'm looking at a file on the local drive or on a mapped drive it still shows the incorrect value I've never run into something like this before and haven't had much luck finding anything on Google either Has anyone seen something like this before or have an idea for how to change the math behind explorer If that is even what needs to be changed As an extra note kind of funny but even the transfer rate is buggered up for files Windows incorrect and sizes Explorer of showing folders. values the laptop is transferring files from a mapped drive at a miraculous MB s sure do wish my computer could move that Windows Explorer showing incorrect values for sizes of files and folders. fast

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/dffddea8-a063-40fb-bea8-7fca599b65f9/windows-explorer-showing-incorrect-values-for-sizes-of-files-and-folders?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there! (Noob to the forums, wasn't sure where to post to begin with. Sorry if it's the wrong subject thread!)

Basically... when I go to "Choose file" anywhere online, whether it be a file or uploading a picture; my folders and C: disk.. pretty much everything on the left side of the Windows Explorer doesn't show up.

I ran a virus scan not just three days ago? Nothing showed up. Re-running another one... and nothing has yet to show up.

The problem is in the purple rectangle in the attachment. (Did the same exact thing when I was uploading this picture).

A:When selecting a file, folders aren't showing left of Windows Explorer

From where did you download and install that theme you're running? It looks like a theme has corrupted the display window options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241878-when-selecting-file-folders-arent-showing-left-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have an Android tablet and my PC running Windows Pro I am using ES File Explorer on Android to see shared folders I added some folders to the Music Picture Video libraries and shared them up and Non-shared shared folders showing not folders in a homegroup I tried to make the homegroup not need a password and it'll let me access my PC from my tablet and view the root folders but as soon Non-shared folders showing up and shared folders not as I tried to access a folder Music it'll say permissions aren't available It will work if I set a password and login with my account The second issue is that I'm seeing folders that I don't want to see I can see a ADMIN folder which is C WINDOWS Non-shared folders showing up and shared folders not C D E the HDDs IPC print User As well as Music Pictures Videos from the library The folders in bold aren't shared so I don't know why I'm seeing them The last issue is that a folder a whole drive actually isn't being shared I included the whole E Drive in the Videos folder but it won't show up in the Video folder from the tablet However if I include a folder from within the E Drive then it will show up Can I not include the root of a drive in a library I mean it works on the PC

A:Non-shared folders showing up and shared folders not

Quote: Originally Posted by Cyborg31

I have an Android tablet and my PC running Windows 7 Pro. I am using ES File Explorer on Android to see shared folders.

I added some folders to the Music/Picture/Video libraries and shared them in a homegroup. I tried to make the homegroup not need a password and it'll let me access my PC from my tablet and view the root folders but as soon as I tried to access a folder (Music) it'll say permissions aren't available. It will work if I set a password and login with my account.

The second issue is that I'm seeing folders that I don't want to see. I can see a ADMIN$ folder (which is C:\WINDOWS), C$, D$, E$ (the HDDs), IPC$, print$, User. As well as Music, Pictures, Videos from the library. The folders in bold aren't shared so I don't know why I'm seeing them.

The last issue is that a folder (a whole drive actually) isn't being shared. I included the whole E: Drive in the Videos folder but it won't show up in the Video folder from the tablet. However if I include a folder from within the E: Drive then it will show up. Can I not include the root of a drive in a library? I mean it works on the PC.

Homegroups aren't made to work with other systems besides Windows 7 or Windows 8, this is why you can't access the library's.

You should leave the Homegroup from your Windows 7 machine then set up a standard Workgroup instead.

I cant give you specifics on sharing between the Android and Windows 7 but I'm sure there are tutorials for this which you can find using Google.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/248658-non-shared-folders-showing-up-shared-folders-not.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello So I just signed up here because I'm desperate and don't know what to do So basically I thought the windows default folder icons were pretty bland and ugly so I decided to change them I read that you could change your default icons by going into to registry and I did just that Long story short it didn't the folders to + showing icons icons wrong Unable folder change work so i deleted the registry folder Unable to change folder icons + folders showing the wrong icons that I had just created like they said you could I Unable to change folder icons + folders showing the wrong icons was very careful or so I think to not touch anything else But now I'm worried I might have messed up somewhere because now I can't change icons for Unable to change folder icons + folders showing the wrong icons some of the folders I use Not sure if this was a problem before that I didn't notice or if it's due to me messing around with things I don't understand As things are now I can change icons for folders that I created but the folders that came with the system like documents music movies downloads etc I'm currently unable to change The thing is I was able to change the folder icons just a while ago so I changed them all by right clicking on the folder choosing properties and then changing the icon and that worked fine Then I decided to just use the default icons anyway but I was only able to switch back some of them and some of those now had the wrong folder icon My quot downloads quot folder is just a blank white space for example and I'm unable to change it To show an example I'm sorry the text is in swedish I hope you can somewhat understand Properties for an ordinary folder Properties for my music folder Just a blank space where the quot switch icon quot should be I have tried to reboot my computer I have tried top reset my icon cache nothing seems to work Does anyone know what I should do I'm pretty much just ready to reset my whole system but I'd prefer if I didn't have to Any help is appreciated

A:Unable to change folder icons + folders showing the wrong icons

Hi, whenever you are about to make changes to your registry, back up beforehand. So you now know that and I'll show you an excellent way to rescue yourself in future.

First, do you have System Restore turned on (it's off by default in '10), and do you have any useful restore points?
Second, have you made a system image using Windows Backup and Restore or do you use disk imaging?

Either of those could let you restore your PC to a point before you made these changes- hopefully System Restore would protect enough to reverse your changes.

Please advise.

If you can't do that, and you are convinced there is a problem, then you may have two options, assuming you've not done some damage to the registry.

1. If you create a new user account for test purposes, do your folders look normal?

2. If not, I suggest you do an in-place upgrade repair install.
I will provide the instructions if necessary when you have replied.

Please post back and advise on these points.

I can also tell you how to achieve this quite easily and relatively safely:
Now here's the backup method we strongly recommend:
Creating disk images lets you restore Windows and all your disks and partitions to a previous working state, quickly and probably without technical help.

You can recover from:
- a failed disk drive (restore to a new one)
- ransomware (which encrypts your disk)
- user error
- unrecoverable problems from failed updates to problem programs
- unbootable PC (hardware faults aside)

Images also act as a full backup- you can extract files too.

You can even use images to help you move more easily and quickly to a new PC.

Imaging can even help you sleep at night knowing you have a second chance.

Many here recommend Macrium Reflect (free) as a good robust solution and more reliable than some others. It?s
- more feature rich
- more flexible
- more reliable
than Windows Backup and Restore system images.

It's well supported with videos, help and a responsive forum.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/64580-unable-change-folder-icons-folders-showing-wrong-icons.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi My name is Fran I ve had something strange going on for a while a month and I thought I d give this a shot to figure out what the problem is As I said in the Topic title I have blank Outlook emails that keep showing up in my Inbox Sent Mail Deleted Mail Folders for my hotmail account in Outlook They all are the same size but have various times I contacted Microsoft and they suggested that I reset my passwordsand security questions for all of my email accounts I did this but the problem has continued in my Hotmail account in Outlook This has made me suspect that I have something on my computer that picked up the new password I fear that someone or something is hijacking my computer and want Folders emails keep showing in my Mail/Deleted Blank Inbox/Sent 2003 Outlook up Mail to put a stop to it I read something today about HijackThis and decided to Blank Outlook 2003 emails keep showing up in my Inbox/Sent Mail/Deleted Mail Folders give it a try I installed the software and ran a scan generating a log file It then instructed me to use one of the forums for assistance in a list on their website in which you were at the top--so here I am I attached the log for the scan from Hijackthis I HAD TWO FILES AND WAS UNSURE WHICH YOU SHOULD GET SO I UPLOADED BOTH--I RAN TWO SCANS WITHIN MINUTES OF EACH OTHER BUT AM UNSURE IF THESE LOGS ARE FOR EACH OR JUST ONE SCAN And when I looked at the scans logs it was all Greek to me Of course if there is any other info you need please just let me know Any help you can give me will be greatly appreciated I look forward to hearing from you Best regards Fran

A:Blank Outlook 2003 emails keep showing up in my Inbox/Sent Mail/Deleted Mail Folders

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305773/blank-outlook-2003-emails-keep-showing-up-in-my-inboxsent-maildeleted-mail-folders/
Relevancy 42.14%

My pc is not showing Hidden Folders even after enabling - "Show Hidden Files, Folders and files"...
now here is how it goes...
i open folder options in the explorer,
and saw that none of the options "DON'T Show Hidden Files, Folders and files" or "Show Hidden Files, Folders and files" is checked... [snapshot 1]
i checked the bullet "Show Hidden Files, Folders and files" and click apply and then OK... [snapshot 2]
but nothing happens... when again i opened folders options, it was again with none marked... [snapshot 1]

I'm currently checking for any viruses for this problem...
But please tell me how to fix this???...

A:My pc is not showing Hidden Folders even after enabling - "Show Hidden

Hello Amit,

As a test, add Show/Hide Hidden Files to your desktop context menu using the tutorial below. Afterwards click on it in the context menu to see if your hidden files will display afterwards.

Show - Hide Hidden Files - Add to Context Menu

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/164452-my-pc-not-showing-hidden-folders-even-after-enabling-show-hidden.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Help! I am trying to open files that I have previously saved into "downloads" and they have all disappeared. I can find the folders where they were saved in "recent" as a shortcut but when I try to open the folder I get the following error - "The item 'name of file' that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved, so this shortcut will no longer work properly". I have tried searching for the files and have had no luck.

A:Downloads have disappeared- folders only showing in "recent"

Hello Sportsmomma,

That error just means that the shortcut listed in "Recent" is no longer available at it's original location you saved it to.

Did you delete them by mistake, or move the Downloads folder?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/284564-downloads-have-disappeared-folders-only-showing-recent.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I cannot find this setting anywhere so I am turning to the community for help cuz I have tried searching but have come up short on solutions.

here you see the subfolders for my user account. they are showing up here now...

i do not want them under the "Computer" tab...what button did I push and what button can I push to make these go away?

I tried just deleting them but now they have doubled! with "Other" and "Folders" being created

A:User Folders showing under "Computer"

found this

User Folder - Add or Remove from Navigation Pane

thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/210159-user-folders-showing-under-computer.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,

I recently shifted from thunderbird to outlook now i added all my emails but for some reason some of the emails are not showing inbox and other folders until i click on drop down on the email name. Why ?

This happens to only some of the emails. All emails are being received and sent but some email folders are not showing until i click on drop down of email.

Thanks for answering.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-emails-not-showing-inbox-and-other-folders-for-some-emails.1088951/
Relevancy 41.71%

Gang I'm not sure where to post an item like this Yesterday I was helping someone with a few nits on a HP Laptop with Win Home Prem x He asked me to look into the quot My Documents quot folder saying he had no idea where quot this stuff came from quot nor what the value import might be I took a look and sure enough there were a handful of folders in there that I would think should either be in the Programs or Programs Data folders associated with certain Applications One was a folder quot My Stationery quot but did not appear to be Windows stationery but something else Another had a bunch of system app files in it associated with the place he purchased the laptop from office depot - re some support maintenance stuff they sold him There were others just as odd is there some known issue that causes perhaps folders to be copied from one spot to another in error w o human intervention or some other sort of misplacement thx z

A:Misplaced Folders showing up in "My Documents" ??

Right click on MY DOCUMENTS/properties. You should see in there what folders are associated with the document folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/206374-misplaced-folders-showing-up-my-documents.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi, my computer is a dell dimension 1100, with a Linksys WMP54G wifi card, running vista home basic.

So, In the wifi thing in the notification area, it shows two wireless networks, One is my normal SSID (Lower Net), and one is "Unidentified network". They are both on one wireless connection (Wireless Network Connection 3). When i try to go on the internet, it says i'm not connected. i tried disconnecting from the unidentified network, but that disconnects me from lower net too. Thanks For Any Help In Advance!!!

A:Solved: Vista showing my normail wireless SSID, plus showing second unidentified netw

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-showing-my-normail-wireless-ssid-plus-showing-second-unidentified-netw.979136/
Relevancy 36.55%

I am trying to remove empty folders using Remove Empty Directories. I know of a few that are empty, and just ran a test to see if RED would detect they were empty. Well, to my surprise, I am finding that RED shows 1 (or more) file in these folders (a JPG at 0.00 MB), but it's not showing up in the folder. Is there any way I can have these show up in folders so I can search for all JPG's and delete them? Example:

I do have "Show hidden files, folders and drives" checked under folder options as well.

A:File not showing up in folder,but showing up in Remove Empty Directori

Hi,

You could try running JPG Cleaner v2.6

I use this software on a regular basis. I'd suggest limiting it's use to only one problem folder on your machine as a test run.

Run the program with admin rights then from the GUI choose Add Folder then browse to your test folder. Additionally choose the option to delete Unknown Files and also untick the option to Create Backup Files.

Then choose Start and when the cleanup is completed there is an option to save a log file. Save the log file somewhere and have a look at it to view the results.

Additionally you could run the program again choosing the Delete Corrupt Files option.

If you're happy with the results - go ahead and add the other remaining folders or directories to be cleaned.

I've never encountered any problems using this software but as always before running any sort of cleaning product it's best to at least create a system restore point to fall back on and ideally have a system image backup handy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/319757-file-not-showing-up-folder-but-showing-up-remove-empty-directori.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Evening!

Have recently formatted my laptop and re installed Windows on my normal HDD because i have a small SSD since formatting my SSD and deleting and renewing the old partition, in windows explorer and disk management i can no longer see my SSD. I can see my SSD in Bios and in the Intel Rapid storage technology app, but cannot understand why i cannot use my SSD, Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards

Perry

A:SSD not showing in Disk Management, but showing on Intel Rapid Storage

Could we get some more information?

Does this laptop have 2 hard drive bays? Did it always have 2 hard drives?
What does "deleting and renewing the old partition" mean?

What I suspect is that the SSD has a partition that is still marked ACTIVE. Windows will boot from one Active partition and ignore the other. So if the SSD has just one partition that is marked active then the whole drive would be ignored.

If you deleted the partition in Disk Management or some 3rd party program then that would have taken care of the Active flag on that partition. But if you just deleted the contents of the partition that would have left the flag.

Let us know what you did.

EDIT: I should add: any partition that contained an operating system will have the active flag. This is not something you would have had to do yourself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/290418-ssd-not-showing-disk-management-but-showing-intel-rapid-storage.html
Relevancy 36.55%

Hi guys I am fairly new to this website and would absolutely LOVE if someone could help me figure out this problem I have an Alienware Windows M laptop I know everyone hates alienwares but I don t have enough time to build my own The laptop has a build in SoundBlaster Recon Di with an intel display audio This problem just started happening yesterday before I went to work and when I came back the headphones wouldn t work I thought the headphones were the problem so I tried testing them on two different computers and they weren t working I went to get some new ones and tried plugging them in and they didn t pick up either The jacks do show that they pick up in saying showing not up Headphone No sound. it's playback devices; jack showing up. when the headphones are plugged in just no sound will play Speakers work perfectly fine but I Headphone not showing up in playback devices; jack saying it's showing up. No sound. listen to music all the time and need to have headphones that work The laptop is fairly new so I know it s not a problem that persists with that Tested Updated ALL of the drivers persisting to sound Disabled and uninstalled all drivers and restarted the computer If there s anything else I should add please let me know I just cannot figure out why it would suddenly stop working nbsp

A:Headphone not showing up in playback devices; jack saying it's showing up. No sound.

Sorry guys, forgot to add this into the main post.
(Attachment included of the picture)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/headphone-not-showing-up-in-playback-devices-jack-saying-its-showing-up-no-sound.1101554/
Relevancy 36.12%

I am running the following system on a Dell Inspiron:
Vista Home Premium 64bitPentium Dual-Core 2.7ghz4.0gb RAM500 GB HD
My HD says it is 99% full. However, I have read all of the posts here for assistance, used disk clean-up, culled unwanted programs/files etc. and the size continues to grow.

I ran WinDirStat and it shows that only approx. 133gb is being used -- which is far more realistic.

I have ran a full system virus scan with Bitdefender.

What else can be the problem?

Thanks for your quick attention. I appreciate your help.

~MaHai

A:500GB HD showing 99%full - WinDirStat showing 133GB used?

Welcome
Off the top may I suggest the obvious. Test your hard drive

Test Hard Drive HD Diagnostic or this test Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/290468-500gb-hd-showing-99-full-windirstat-showing-133gb-used.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a toolbar on my taskbar titled "Programs". It has about eight folders in it. I made another toolbar, and placed it directly adjacent to the Programs toolbar, to obscure the eight folders and force it to be a dropdown menu.

Trouble is, as soon as I lock my taskbar, right next to the arrow that displays the eight items of my Programs toolbar in menu-form, one of the eight items is showing up as an icon, as if the other toolbar isn't close enough to the Programs toolbar in order to completely obscure the eight items.

Here's what I mean in graphic form:

It's bugging me to no end. Anyone else had this problem/resolved it?

A:Toolbar on taskbar should only be showing an arrow but is showing icon

Hello thewonkits, and welcome to Seven Forums.

I notice this happens when using small icons for a toolbar. If you like, you could unlock the taskbar, right click on the dotted separator line to the left of the two top far left toolbars (one at a time) click on View and Large Icons, then lock the taskbar to see if that may look ok to you. It will make the top row a bit bigger though.

Hopefully someone may know a better way to hide that bit of icon poking out when locked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/230380-toolbar-taskbar-should-only-showing-arrow-but-showing-icon.html
Relevancy 36.12%

I have a game in my pen drive that is splits second, my friend had given this pen drive to me, but windows explorer is showing that this drive is empty, i have checked it if it is hidden but still it's not showing after i had changed settings for hidden files, and i had checked the drive properties, it is showing that 3.07 GB free of 7.44 GB, please help me...

A:File folder is not showing in my pen drive, showing it is empty.

Hi,

The problem could be because all the data that was present inside the pen drive now have become system files by the virus. This is the reason why they are not visible even with the option “Show Hidden files and folders”.
To remove the problem this is what you need to do.
1. Go to Folder Options -> View tab
2. Make sure that your Show Hidden files and folders option is enabled.
3. Uncheck the option that reads “Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”

Now when you see your pen drive, you will find that your data is present there but in hidden form. There are 2 ways to unhide the data, either right click and uncheck the Hidden box or type in the following command in the command prompt
attrib filename –h –r –s
where filename is the complete location of the file.

Let me know if it solved your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/253886-file-folder-not-showing-my-pen-drive-showing-empty.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I am hoping that I am posting this in the correct area. My wife has a laptop that will connect wirlessly and show internet pages on our home network but when we are traveling, even at her parents, he laptop shows as being connected to the wireless network but does not show internet pages or allow her to surf the net. This only happens away from our home network. Any ideas on how to fix this? It is a Dell laptop is that makes a difference.(Moderator edit: added Topic Description.jgw)

A:showing connected but not showing internet pages

I've had good luck with similar issues by clearing out its saved networks, then trying to connect again.

If I had the OS, I could tell you how to do so... hint, hint

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/336844/showing-connected-but-not-showing-internet-pages/
Relevancy 35.69%

windows not showing my disk partitions please help and it is showing my partitions like in the screenshot, please help me my all the memories in life are in those disks

A:windows not showing my disk partitions please help and it is showing

As the screen says,it shows all the partitions

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378059-windows-not-showing-my-disk-partitions-please-help-showing.html
Relevancy 34.83%

I just installed MS Outlook that came with my t-mobile MDA pocketpc smartphone w windows mobile and when I click the calendar shortcut I get quot Unable to display the folder Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location quot When I click the contacts shortcut I get the calendar The tasks shortcut gives me notes Notes shortcut gives me journal Both Outlook Today and Deleted Items gives me Outlook Today I ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling I ve updated through windows microsoft and office updates I m running win xp pro w sp and office xp wrong folders/folders outlook 2002: missing link to shortcuts When I right outlook 2002: shortcuts link to wrong folders/folders missing click the calendar shortcut I get quot unable to display folder properties the folder may have been deleted or the server where the folder is stored may be unavailable can t display folder properties quot When I go to what I think is the the directory of these folders I don t see any of them Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:outlook 2002: shortcuts link to wrong folders/folders missing

I just got the phone and have no content on it's os. I have not sync'ed outlook w/ the phone either. Nor have I tried to import any contacts from outlook express, since I never use it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/outlook-2002-shortcuts-link-to-wrong-folders-folders-missing.515108/
Relevancy 34.83%

I was wondering if there's a way to sort file folders and shortcut folders so they are listed together, as in previous OS versions. I find it frustrating that 7 has forced the shortcuts to be split up into their own category rather than their file properties. I prefer to sort my folders by type, but doing so separates my shortcuts and I spend extra time looking for them. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

A:Consolidate Shortcut Folders/File Folders in Open Dialogue

Change the View to Details then click on the Type column header to sort by Type.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/212986-consolidate-shortcut-folders-file-folders-open-dialogue.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi folks this is my first time posting here This looks like the right place for a post like this I'm pretty knowledgeable I've been building my own PCs for years I've been out of practice for a while but I did a ton of research when I decided to build two PCs recently Even back in the day when most people only used one HDD I would always insist on a two drive system folders of Trouble moving drive... corruption to 2nd folders system physically separating DATA from OS and apps These days everybody is booting from SSDs so this is a lot more common But I'm having one heck of a glitch that has me stumped If somebody has seen this before I would love to hear some suggestions I built the system and tested it by booting into Ubuntu from a USB flash drive No drives were installed yet but I could get on the internet and run apps like LibraOffice So I know the system works Next step is to install Windows I connect the SDD drive into a SATA port connect the optical drive into one of the SATA ports and I leave the HDD with the data cable unplugged I boot from the optical disk and do a clean install of Windows onto the SSD Trouble moving system folders to 2nd drive... corruption of folders I install drivers from a USB flash drive and finally get an internet connection I activate Trouble moving system folders to 2nd drive... corruption of folders Windows and allow the updates Then I shut down Next I unplug the data cable from the optical drive and I plug the HDD into a SATA port Then I power up Windows boots from the SSD I use disk manager to create one big partition on the HDD and format in NTFS I make sure the drives are assigned the letters C and D Then I restart I double check that the C drive is the SSD with everything and D is the HDD with nothing Now I want to move the system folders quot My Documents quot quot My Music quot quot My Pictures quot etc over to the D drive I use Windows Explorer to create a folder on D called quot Data quot I navigate up to C Users Steve where I select the quot My Documents quot folder and select quot properties quot I select the quot location quot tab and click quot move quot I navigate over to D Data and quot select folder quot Now here is where things get weird After I hit quot apply quot the location field no longer points to it's old location C Users Steve NOR does it point to where I just pointed it quot D Data quot Instead it now points to quot D quot It's pointing to the D drive itself or perhaps the root directory of the D drive Confused and baffled I decide to repeat the procedure with the next system folder quot C Users Steve My Pictures quot When I try to move the location the quot Data quot folder does not even exist on the D drive anymore I can only choose the root directory After that quot My Pictures quot ends up INSIDE quot My Documents quot instead of at the same level I could use the properties tab to restore defaults for the location of quot My Pictures quot and it was put back to C Users Steve However the system would not allow me to restore the default location of quot My Documents quot it seemed to think I was trying to restore the entire D drive into a folder on the C drive Frustrated I booted Ubuntu from a flash drive and GParted all drives back to nothing and repeated the procedure from scratch This time I went one level further on the D drive I created the nested folders called D Users Steve Then all I had to do was change locations from quot C Users Steve quot to quot D Users Steve quot A similar thing occurred quot C Users Steve My Documents quot didn't move location to quot D Users Steve quot Instead it went to quot D Users quot Any further attempts to move system folders ended up nested inside the previous system folder not at the same level This is not supposed to work like this If anybody has seen this before I would greatly appreciate some help

A:Trouble moving system folders to 2nd drive... corruption of folders

You'll need to create the User folder inside D:\Data first, select it to move the shell User folder into. Otherwise is just moves Documents to Data if that's what you selected. You can see the new Location on the Location tab.

If you lose track of the User folder, open your named User Account folder to see if it's there. If not or if it's there but now has no Location tab to change to correct location, follow Option Two in User Folders - Restore Default Location - Windows 7 Forums

then User Folders - Change Default Location.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/332034-trouble-moving-system-folders-2nd-drive-corruption-folders.html
Relevancy 34.83%

When I connect my Android phone to my computer via USB to access storage, it treats all the folders as music folders - this means that in Details view I don't get "date modified" but "track number", "artist", "album", etc.. despite this being completely irrelevant to the content of all but a single folder on the phone.

Is there any way of telling Windows that these are NOT music folders?

EDIT:
A couple hours of searching have given me nothing. I can change everything and anything I want about all but the library folders on the computer itself.

There doesn't appear to be any way to modify folders on removable media.

[Insert long ranting complaint about Microsoft here]

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/44505-file-explorer-phone-folders-all-treated-music-folders.html
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

Newbe with a question.

I am assuming it is possible to enable offline files of multiple network folders but I can't get it to work.

Situation:
Running Win7 ultimate 32bit on a domain.
Server with 2 folder shares:
Share1: test1
Share1: test2

Mapped to a network drive (Share1) and was able to enable offline files.
I then mapped to (Share2) on the same server and the option Always available offline is clickable. Unfortuntely it does not do anything.

Is it just not possible to create multiple offline available folders using different mapped network drive folders from one server?

Cheers

A:Offline folders to multiple network mapping drive folders

This TechNet thread talks about the problem and shows some solutions that have worked for others.

"Always available offline" option and Offline Files tab dissapeared in folder options

This link shows how to set up offline files to work with Windows servers.

Configuring New Offline Files Features for Windows 7 Computers Step-by-Step Guide

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281269-offline-folders-multiple-network-mapping-drive-folders.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have the option "Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar" off.
However since the last update whenever I either copy or move a file into any folder windows puts that folder under the Recent group in the taskbar. Is there any way to fix this?

A:Moving files into folders puts them under Recent folders.

Is this a bug? I still haven't figured out if there's any solution.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/30778-moving-files-into-folders-puts-them-under-recent-folders.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I have somehow made a disastrous mess of my favorites. I looked online for answers to this problem, and all I can find for a solution is cut and paste. This makes no sense to me for this particular issue because there's no way to "un-indent" a sub-folder and move it back in line with the primary folders.

I hope this is making sense to someone. I don't know how to explain it. Here's one example of the many I have screwed up: I have a "Daily reader" folder and a "Dog stuff" folder. The latter has a lot in it. Dog stuff is now mixed in with Daily reader. How do I make it a separate folder again?

A:Favorites: how to move sub-folders mixed with primary folders

Favorites in Internet Explorer are located in the "C:\Users\(user-name)\Favorites" folder. You could open it, and create new folders or move items around as you like.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/359522-favorites-how-move-sub-folders-mixed-primary-folders.html
Relevancy 34.4%

Working on a badly infected system -- HP with WinXP Home. Cleaned it up as much as practible with the likes of
SpyBot S&D, Ad-Aware, Ewido, AVG. Lots os stuff removed. But still running real slow. The manual cleanup is being hampered by inability to change folder options to reveal hidden files/directories. Just will not change, in normal or safe mode. Give it up with a Ops re-install or is there a way to reset folder options to respond to changes?

A:Can Not Reveal Hidden Folders In Folders Options Winxp

If you're comfortable editing the registry, take a look here. The article describes how to do the edit manually. It mentions a reg file but no download link is available.Edit: found this writeup describing a different way that a virus can do this trick. Also would require a regedit to fix.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/71211/can-not-reveal-hidden-folders-in-folders-options-winxp/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi, I have installed Windows 7 because I need it for my Degree course and my son's iPod touch. I have only given it 30 gigs of space. I realize I'm going to need more.

I have an external drive that I have formatted ntfs. I have seen a tutorial here

User Profiles - Create and Move During Windows 7 Installation

that explains how to migrate your user folders to another drive. But I would rather mount (don't know the correct term???) the data to the individual users normal folders, so windows thinks that the Documents folder on the external drive is the Documents folder on the C drive. And Music, Videos etc etc for each user.

How would I do that? Thank you.

A:How to mount folders on external drive to user folders.

hi nothingspecial, and welcome to sevenforums - a very special forum!

User Folders - Change Default Location

is this what you mean?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/206730-how-mount-folders-external-drive-user-folders.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I know the title doesn't really describe the issue but I didn't really know how to put it in so few many words.

Basically within my music folder I have folder for each band and within those folders one for each album. Pretty standard right?

Well for some odd reason each album is displayed within the band folder and within the music folder. It's says the proper location is it's location but it isn't a shortcut because when I delete it the album within the band's folder also goes away. It's note really a problem but it makes for a very unorganized music folder and I like my music organized and easy to maneuver through.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/albums-displayed-in-seperate-folders-and-in-their-band-folders-448023.html
Relevancy 34.4%

I know it's confusing but essentially what's happening is that the Albums for each band in my music folder are displayed twice. Once in the Band folder where they should and once in the music folder. Under properties it says the location is where it should be. Also when I try to delete the one in the music folder it deletes both so it's not a shortcut. I just tried copying over my entire music folder to my external HDD then deleting everything in the Music folder and recopying but it happened again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/album-folders-appear-in-band-folders-and-in-the-music-folder-455243.html
Relevancy 33.97%

This is a problem with my mother's computer - ACER Aspire X1930 running Win 7/64. I'm trying to transfer about 4 Gb of photos and other images onto her hard drive. I tried using a DVD I burned, and also a thumb drive. I've checked both devices on several computers and all can open and display all the images. My mother's computer can open the media and display all the folders and even recognizes that the data takes up about 4 Gb, but every folder opens as empty - no files are listed. Any suggestions?

A:Computer Sees Folders, Not Pictures in Folders

The images don't have the hidden attribute turned on, do they? If they do, and your other computers are set to see hidden files but your mother's computer does not, that might explain the issue.

To see whether or not they're listed as hidden, open up command prompt, browse to the directory the images are in, and then run the "attrib" command. Any attributes will be listed on the left (hidden attribute is 'h').

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/computer-sees-folders-not-pictures-in-folders-660689.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi guyz,

I am new to this forum. Recently, I have been not able to see thumbnails of pictures. All i can see is the standard river and tree like thingy. Secondly, I can't open folders in the same window. Each time i double click, it gets opend in a new window. I tried different methods to both the problems like going to folder options, unchecking "always show icon, never thumbnails" , a full scan of my system( using norton). I even tried some of the solutions posted in this forum. But still both the problems are not solved.

One thing i noticed is that, when i on my computer, i can see thumbanils for few seconds then all of them get changed to the standard image.(river and tree). Could this be due to a virus or something?

I would be very thankful if anyone can help me in this matter.

Thanks in advance.

A:Problem with Thumbnails and Opening folders in new folders

This is the setting for opening folders in the same window.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/186753-problem-thumbnails-opening-folders-new-folders.html
Relevancy 33.97%

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask my particular question, but here goes. I have a folder for all of my music, and within that folder is a bunch of artists folders, and within each of those I have album folders, which contain the individual music files. I am trying to figure out an easy way to grab all of those album folders at once and move them to one main folder. That's instead of looking through each artist folder, and moving the album folders within each one which could be a very time-consuming process. I thought I had figured out a way to do this, but all of the song files were placed directly into the master folder without being contained within their album folders. Any idea how to do this?

A:separating child folders from parent folders

create new folder on desktop (or any other location you like)
click Start button
click Computer
double-click drive where music is stored
look at the left side of the window
double-click drive where music is stored (file tree expands)
click the triangle next to folder where music is stored (file tree expands)
click the triangle next to artist folder(s)
start dragging album folders to newly created folder

edit* that's one way to do it anyway

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/77031-separating-child-folders-parent-folders.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello,

I?ve got a virus, I guess named funnyvideos.

It creates new folders with the same names of my current ones. Difference: there are no folders any more but application exe.

As the name is identical with my one ones is very easy to click on them and therefore activate the exe.

once is created, you cannot copy those files. In addition infects any external.

My AVG is not able to detect them

Pedro

A:Virus creating .exe folders with my own folders names

Hi Pedro00,Welcome to BC HijackThis forum. I am farbar. I am going to assist you with your problem.Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. Please let me know in your next reply if you agree with this.Please don't use any external storage device for now.Please download OTL by OldTimer.Save it to your desktop.Double click on the OTL icon on your desktop.Check the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Check the "Standard Output".Click Run Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them to your reply:OTL.txt Will be openedExtra.txt Will be minimized[*]Download the GMER Rootkit Scanner exe file from here and save it to your desktop.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security program drivers will not conflict with gmer's driver.Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Make sure the following are unchecked:SectionsIAT/EATDrives/Partition other than C:\ drive (C:\ drive should remain checked)Show All (this one also should be unchecked)Then click the Scan button & wait for it to begin. (Please be patient as it can take some time to complete).When the scan is finished, you will see the scan button appears again. Click Save to save the scan results to your Desktop.Save the file as gmer.log and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.[/list]

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/281289/virus-creating-exe-folders-with-my-own-folders-names/
Relevancy 33.97%

I have just done a clean install of Win Pro I have set up four accounts and for each one I have moved the user folders to a separate hard drive by using the Right Click Properties gt Location gt Move I have done this for the following folders - Desktop - Downloads - My Documents - Favorites - Links - My Music - My Pictures - Videos I have done it exactly the same way on each account and more than once I've been imaging the disk and have restored backwards a few times The problem is on three of the appear User additional folders Moving - Folders accounts when I move the My Music My Pictures and Videos then they do move correctly but three rogue folders Moving User Folders - additional folders appear appear named Music Pictures and Videos And I can't delete then since they are system folders But the weird thing is that this does not happen on one of the accounts Please can someone explain what's happening and how to get rid of the Moving User Folders - additional folders appear extra folders as they're cluttering up the users home folder and causing confusion Also some clue as to why it's inconsistent between the accounts would also help Moving User Folders - additional folders appear

A:Moving User Folders - additional folders appear

Hello Lucian, and welcome to Seven Forums.

It sounds like there may have been a mistake made while moving the user folder's location. You can use OPTION TWO in the tutorial below to restore it's default location to hopefully fix this.User Folders - Restore Default Location
Afterwards, you can try moving it again, but if you are just wanting to save HDD space, then you might consider this below to be able to access the files from your libraries with the files actually located where you like instead. This way you will not have to worry about any potential issues that come with moving user folder locations. Create a new folder at any location you want.
Move any files you want into the new folder.
Include the new folder into a library of your choice.
If you like, you can also set the new folder to be the default "save" to location for the library as well.
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/239448-moving-user-folders-additional-folders-appear.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello I am using Windows Home Renamed Show Folders Or Folders Been That Have Still Deleted Premium bit and I am ecountering a very Deleted Folders Or Folders That Have Been Renamed Still Show weird problem I have a folder on my Desktop that I created called quot My Travel Shots quot that contains several folders inside of it These sub folders within quot My Travel Shots quot contain Deleted Folders Or Folders That Have Been Renamed Still Show jpg files I can rename or delete these sub folders and they appear to be renamed or deleted HOWEVER When I use Internet Explorer and I am on a website where I can upload my photos I encounter a very strange thing When I browse to my desktop folder quot My Travel Shots quot to select the pictures I want to upload I can see all my deleted sub folders I also can see the sub folders with their old names along with the sub folders that have their new names For example today I renamed a sub folder quot Italy quot into quot Italy June quot When I was on a website where Deleted Folders Or Folders That Have Been Renamed Still Show I was going to upload my photos I used Internet Explorer to browse to quot My Travel Shots quot where I could see both the quot Italy quot and quot Italy June quot as subfolders when I really only should be seeing quot Italy June quot It's like Internet Explorer is seeing folders that are no longer there And clicking on these ghost folders even shows the jpg files inside Refreshing the folders view when I am in Internet Explorer and even rebooting the machine doesn't fix this problem I also have deleted my Temporary Internet Files and even applied the folders quot hotfix quot that I found on Microsoft's Website but it doesn't seem to resolve the problem either I've also scanned for viruses but nothing was found even in safe mode Should I try rebuilding the index Or should I do an image restore of my computer I have had this folder on my desktop for a year and have had no problems until now I am always constantly renaming and deleting the sub folders inside of it and never encountered any problems until this week when I did some Windows Updates so I'm baffled as to what is causing the problem BTW I am the only person who operates my computer and I am operating it as an Administrator Cricket

A:Deleted Folders Or Folders That Have Been Renamed Still Show

Welcome to SevenForums.

Please complete your system specs.
UPDATE YOUR SEVENFORUMS SYSTEM SPECS

User CP (3rd item in the top menu bar) |
in left-hand column, under Your Profile, Edit System Spec |

Use Speccy - System Information - Free Download
and/or SIW to gather info for filling in the blanks.

Do me a favor and add the word laptop or desktop to the “system manufacturer” block.

Use the “Other Info” block for Optical Reader, Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor

Scroll down and click on the SAVE CHANGES button.
===================
thanks,
karl

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/171650-deleted-folders-folders-have-been-renamed-still-show.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Using Windows 7 Home Premium.....If I go to my documents and then open sub folders , when I close the  last folder, the folder before that has to be closed and so on.....stop that from happenning

A:All folders and sub folders open in separate windows

Check the following and confirm that this setting is applied.
In Windows Explorer go to
"Organize",
"Folder and search options",
click "Open each folder in the same window",
click "Apply",
and finally click "OK".

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597841/all-folders-and-sub-folders-open-in-separate-windows/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hi I've been trying to sort this problem for days and it's driving me nuts I can copy folder s but when I try to paste them into another folder or drive I get a pop-up - Microsoft Visual C Runtime Library Runtime Error Program C windows explorer exe abnormal program termination when I click OK all my desktop icons disappear for a second or and then they come back When I right click the Paste option is grey Windows into folders drives. folders different or won't paste as if it has forgotten I've copied something seconds before I can copy a few small files to different folders and drives but that's about it I've run anti-virus and mailware - nothing I've run Windows won't paste folders into different folders or drives. sfc scannow no results I tried to do a clean boot but it couldn't find misconfig exe So I downloaded the Windows won't paste folders into different folders or drives. file and tried to paste it into windows system and it asked if I wanted to paste it over the old one Clicking ok it Windows won't paste folders into different folders or drives. said access is denied So I ran misconfig from the desktop did a clean boot tried copy and paste and the same runtime error came up I checked the permissions for the windows folders and C drive both said I didn't have full control I just have Modify read and write When I tried to get full control it came with access is denied I've tried copy and paste in Safe Mode still get the error I don't know what else to do Any help would be great Thanks

A:Windows won't paste folders into different folders or drives.

What files are you trying to paste? If you are trying to paste files into a System Folder, there might be a problem. Are you doing that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353528-windows-wont-paste-folders-into-different-folders-drives.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Have many (300+) email folders as sub-folders within Local Folders.When I want to save an email, I 'drag/drop(paste)' the email in the appropriate folder (is faster than choosing the 'move to folder' procedure).
However, when hurrying (and not paying attention), I sometimes inadvertently move an email folder to be a sub-folder of another email folder. (I.E. a sub-sub-folder of Local Folders.)

To move it back to it's original sub-folder status 'under' Local Folders, I have to 'drag' it all the way 'up' to the Local Folder 'heading' and 'drop' it. Takes a long time !

There is no 'move' option when right-click on the email folder.

Any suggestion?

A:WLM 2011- Moving Folders Within Local Folders

My suggestion would be not to "drag" anything. That is a very unprecise method and you get the effects you are seeing. Move to folder... may take a bit longer, but it is always correct.

Also, if you keep 300+ email folders, you might want to do some weeding - unless it is for a business.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/138759-wlm-2011-moving-folders-within-local-folders.html
Relevancy 33.97%

Does anyone know if there is a way to keep shortcut folders grouped together with regular folders? Right now, the shortcuts show up at the end of a list sorted by file type. I am likely to forget to scroll down to find a file folder if it's not up with all the other ones.

Thanks.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206616-shortcut-folders-grouped-regular-folders.html
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi

I've got an annoying problem with my small office network. There are 3 PCs on the local network and we share files. Usually (but not always) if you are in one of the shared folders and you want to create a new folder, once you've right-clicked and created the new folder, you need to navigate away and back again in order to actually see it. This also happens when re-naming the folder.

To be clear this is what happens:

Right click, select 'create new folder'

Nothing appears

Use back and forward buttons

New Folder now visible

Rename folder, but it reverts to being called New Folder

Use back and forward buttons

Folder now appears with the new name.

Two PCs are using XP and one Vista, it happens ot all of them. Only happens with shared folders.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Many thanks

ElCani

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi,

I have problem, recently all new folder are created optimized for video content with big pictures and such. How can I fix that so they are created as normal folders, because this is driving me nuts having to change this for every new folder.

Thank you in advance.

A:New Folders are created as Video folders

Have a read: Folder Template - Change
it might help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/163682-new-folders-created-video-folders.html
Relevancy 32.68%

The structure of my photos library is Y/Y_M/Y_M_D, e.g. 2010/2010_04/2010_04_16 for today.
I want to change all the '_' to '-'.
Does anyone know an easy way of doing this?

A:Batch renaming folders and sub-folders

You can do it in Irfanview. Heres a couple of tutorials.

Batch

Rename a Series of Files With IrfanView

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/78708-batch-renaming-folders-sub-folders.html