Windows Support Forum

Terrible audio quality coming from brand new HP Pavilion 15-...

Q: Terrible audio quality coming from brand new HP Pavilion 15-...

i just bought my pavilion laptop yesterday to replace my hp pavilion envy dv6 and the audio quality is very poor on my new laptop. its very tinny and noticabely lower quality than i had before. The audio settings also only account for one studio quality Hz setting, which does not offer me te ability to change it as other have been suggested to, i have downloaded the latest drivers and am very unsatisfied with the speaker quality. its hard to enjoy anything im watching or listening to as account of them. help would be appreciated, thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Terrible-audio-quality-coming-from-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-15/td-p/5807876
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Terrible audio quality coming from brand new HP Pavilion 15-...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 87.72%

I just began to use this Spectre x360 convertible for audio playback through my stereo.  It sounded terrible as if the speakers were out of phase.  All of the audio checked out and sounded fine with the same connection wire from my iPhone.  I then tried several sets of headphones with the Spectre and they, too, sound terrible.  I updated all drivers through HP support assistant to no avail. This is an important use for me and I can't yet find a resolution. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Spectre-x360-terrible-audio-quality/td-p/5799985
Relevancy 86.43%

About one week ago from today's date my computer automatically updated from W 10 Upgrade Terrible Windows / Sound Quality - Audio to Windows 10 Upgrade / Audio Sound - Terrible Quality W and since Windows 10 Upgrade / Audio Sound - Terrible Quality then the audio speaker sound quality has noticeable nbsp dissipated nbsp Previously I enjoyed a listening to music with a stereo sound quality and since the update the sound quality mimics a transistor radio AM nbsp I have went into the device manager scanned for hardware updates uninstalled and reinstalled the driver changed the sample rate and bit depeth within the Playback devices tab reached out to MS for answers nbsp Unfortunately nothing is working and I believe the solution is to update the sound card from the Manufacturer nbsp I have input my model type in the HP support and driver download section but I do not know which specific software to choose nbsp Also I have referred to my HP assistant icon and it tells me everything is update to date for my device nbsp Hopefully someone out there with experience can give me the proper directions to solve the issue I have searched the HP support forum and I see there are others who have had a similar experience nbsp Thank you in advance nbsp JS nbsp

A:Windows 10 Upgrade / Audio Sound - Terrible Quality

Hi: Here is the link to the W10 audio driver from your PC's support page.  Install and restart the PC. This package provides the Tempo High Definition Audio Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system. File name: sp71717.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Windows-10-Upgrade-Audio-Sound-Terrible-Quality/td-p/5785409
Relevancy 69.23%

I just got a new HD JVC Everio thats records in .mts format but when i upload the video into Adobe Premiere elements 7 the quality it pretty much unusable, any help??

A:Video quality is terrible

try converting the video in a different format or try using a different player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-quality-is-terrible.140332/
Relevancy 69.23%

I am using Windows XP on a computer I built myself The video card is an XFX nvidia GeForceFX MB w TV-Out I have Tv-Out Terrible Yields Quality a cable that I bought from the internet that is meant for hooking up a computer to a TV It converts a TV-Out svideo and Stereo Out minijack to RCA to connect to a TV However when a connect the cable and turn the TV to the AV-Input channel I see my desktop but with terrible quality I am using this primarily to watch movies on my TV so I can t tolerate this quality I have the latest drivers downloaded right from NVidia and everything else on both ends computer and TV is default in terms of Video display Any ideas of what I may have to do on either end to fix this quality I Tv-Out Yields Terrible Quality already messed around with Resolution and tried setting my PC s resolution to all the Tv-Out Yields Terrible Quality things my computer supports but that doesn t help anything Thanks in advance Vivi nbsp

Relevancy 68.37%

Ok, I have an Advent laptop. When I play CDs (on both iTunes and Windows Media Player) the sound quality is extremely bad. It's really crackly and fuzzy. Strange though because this only occurs with several of my CDs. Other ones play perfectly.
I have tried playing the CDs on a CD player to make sure it isn't them but they played fine on the CD player.

Is there anyway I can fix this problem?

A:Terrible sound quality when playing CDs. How can I fix this?

ClairR, Welcome to SF. My guess here is these two or three discs are recorded with especially deep bass which is distorting the speakers and making them break up. This is a guess but with the small and very cheap speakers which laptops are known for they just can't play loud and they can't play at the extreme ends of the frequency spectrum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/130528-terrible-sound-quality-when-playing-cds-how-can-i-fix.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Whenever i try to record myself playing guitar, the sound goes very distorted and a little 8 bit if you know what i mean... it only happpens when im playing at any reasonable volume for more than one to two seconds. Will a new sound card fix it or what?
Thanks

A:Terrible Sound Quality on eMachines E442!

It's almost like it's being overloaded but it shouldn't be.... :/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terrible-sound-quality-on-emachines-e442.1044267/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello all...

Not sure if this is the right section for this, and searches keep sending me to a blank page, so apologies if this has already been answered.

So.. I bought an ICY Box media player that supposedly outputs to a VGA monitor. The image quality is terrible. however it is fine when plugged into a TV using rca to rca (?) (which I guess most multimedia players are designed for, hence going for this media player model as I specifically need to output video files directly to a monitor). There's a five cable connector outputting to vga where I believe the problem is. Any ideas how to resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks K

A:Output Multimedia Player To VGA Monitor - terrible quality

Are you sure they are plugged in right? What model is this unit? Any switches?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/output-multimedia-player-to-vga-monitor-terrible-quality.796271/
Relevancy 66.65%

Okay so I have been using VGA for a long time. I got a second monitor today and it uses the old VGA cable. So I hooked it up with the VGA and it looks fine. I then plugged an HDMI cable into my PC and first monitor. Everything seems like its worse quality. Colors are brighter or darker than before and the text is blurry. This is only with HDMI and it was fine with VGA. This is a 19" TV but I have been using it for a couple years now without trouble as a monitor. Some letters on the screen are also for some reason outlined in yellow. I'm not super tech savvy so please try to keep it as simple as you can. Thank you for the help!

Relevancy 66.22%

So for Christmas my sister is getting a new laptop an ASUS F LA-AH and my parents have asked me to help set it up for her I opened it up today and started setting Brand New Wi-Fi Laptop, Connection Terrible things Brand New Laptop, Terrible Wi-Fi Connection up installing all the updates for Windows and loading it with the basic programs she ll need The problem is the Wi-Fi connection is absolutely atrocious When she s hard wired into the modem Cisco XB Model DPC she pulls great speed Ping ms Brand New Laptop, Terrible Wi-Fi Connection D L U L With a Wireless connection with the laptop sitting right next to the modem it gets significantly worse with an unstable connection that takes almost full minutes to complete a speed test Ping ms D L U L I can t really understand what is causing this as the wireless on every other device in the house at least pulls a solid D L without any real connection issues Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 62.78%

what is the best quality ram brand?

If you have trouble deciding.. feel free to vote randomly.

I bought PNY ram and non-PNY brand inside. Will never deal with PNY again.

ps. whats the difference between Kingston and Kingston HyperX?

A:best quality RAM BRAND?

I chose Kingston

Because my asus board recommends it.
Check your manual for it's recommended RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-quality-ram-brand.89237/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all,

I'm thinking of upgrading or adding more Ram to my machine, my machine is custom built with a off-brand 1 GB Ram (2X512). I heard a lot about Corsair's line of memory modules, I would like to invite a few of your expertise opinion before purchase. I have 2 questions:

1. Is Corsair's product better?
2. Is there a difference between 1GB (2x512mb - 2 modules) and 1GB stand alone modules in running a P4 3.2GHz HT (Dual Channel) Processor on WinXP Pro?

Thanking you in advance!

A:Will the quality of named brand Memory (eg. Corsair) makes a different ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/will-the-quality-of-named-brand-memory-eg-corsair-makes-a-different.450325/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey I sound coming quality from speakers Bad m Draghy I m using a pair of Genius SP-S Speakers which I bought about an Bad quality sound coming from speakers year ago Recently the speakers seems to make some weird sounds when I play games like some ocasional buzzz and then it fades I tryed to put the headphones but it s the same thing I even tryed all the sockets for speakers and I still get the same result The sound doest come when there is no sound instead when I just sit and no sound comes from the computer if I plug the headphones I can hear a small huming sound when the PC is silent These things started happening about a month ago Until then they worked perfectly When I listen to music in my Winamp there is no problem with that weird sound but if music plays from a game then I ll get that sound Please guys I really need help I dunno what to do but I want my speakers to be back to normal Reply ASAP nbsp

Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

I'm a layman, so please apologise if this all seems very low level to you.

I've bought the following product online from PC World:
Advent tower
AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-Core Prossessor
Windows Vista (64bit) Home Premium
Model: PQD4003

No sound comes out of this machine. Went through all checks suggested on Vista help, also tried speakers, but only (!) headphones with in/out plug work.

Running a check with a downloaded programme brought the following needed updates:

- ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics
- Realtec RTL8169/8110 Family PCi Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0)
- Realtec High Definition Audio (although running the check on 'help' the outcome was it's up-to-date)

Help?

Thanks in advance.
Silvia

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-sound-coming-out-of-brand-new-pc-451307.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Am acquiring a brand new piece of equipment Yet manufacturer is including MS Windows using an Intel Pentium III chip Our IT department and myself are not happy with this Security interaction support etc all have very high potential to be compromised Their reply is thus quot This is the tough one A decision was made not to add the drivers to TEVA to operate the DC ARC So WIN is still the windows operating system The NIDAQ drivers are not compatible with WIN or XP The best way to handle the data compatibility issue is to have the data exported in a comma delimited text new 98 coming Brand w/ instrument, yet Windows file which can be read into Excel or Word with a template to give the desired format quot Any thoughts on Brand new instrument, yet coming w/ Windows 98 this After we get the equipment is there anything we can do to either install a newer version of Windows or insure that all systems of this new instrument will be compatable with each other ie our systems amp a v programs for example are all or XP-based Unfortunately there is nothing else on the market that does what this instrument can do - so pretty much between a rock and a hard place esp if the manufacturer doesn t or won t improve the os or h w Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there the newer smart phones have nice powerful processors in them so I was wondering if the DAC Digital Analog converters in these are as good as the ones in a typical LAPTOP computer set up -- bog standard on board sound from a laptop computer -- not high end specialized studio stuff etc My Galaxy audio audio PC vs phone Quality Smart LAPTOP standard of III S phone can play FLAC files and plugging the output into Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio a DECENT set of speakers appears to me to be just as good if not better than the same sound played from the computer - a relatively decent laptop computer Sony VAIO VPCEH with Intel I processor I tested this by connecting the phone DIRECTLY to the pre-amp with the music Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio on the phone's micro sdhc card Had I done it via the USB then that might Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio have needed another DAC conversion so the test cases wouldn't have been the same I use a phone app WINAMP PRO just like the PC version so I can use Folders directories to play the music and it can play FLAC too -- a lot of music phone apps lack this facility which is a shame I like also the quot play by folders quot too -- as I have a lot of Audio books -- saves endless tagging and creating playlists albums --Just point winamp to the directory or file and play it I find also streaming music from the phone to the receiver device seems to work better than messing around with pc software too -- especially on a laptop Another app here -- OrangeSqueeze in conjunction with SQUEEZEPLAYER -does the job of the logitech squeeze server on the laptop The phone will stream music from a Network or any acessible drive to the player device s -- no prob but use the Wifi on the phone --not the DATA content from the phone company otherwise your Bank balance will diminish faster than Spain's Economy Anybody else finding these sorts of apps are replacing similar laptop stuff note high end gear and computers are a different ballgame I used to be very sceptical of smartphones --even have some posts on the forum saying I'd never buy them -- however I have to eat my own words -- the latest crop with the latest Android version are incredibly useful now and possibilities seem quite exciting with what you can do with them Seems to me that we don't need to do much Multi-media streaming from W in the future as your phone will handle it Perhaps Ms is getting this right by gradually withdrawing a lot of multimedia in the standard version of W cheers jimbo

A:Quality of Smart phone audio vs standard LAPTOP PC audio

I have a Samsung Galaxy S smartphone and a new iPad3, but I would never consider them my "primary" audio playback devices.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/235293-quality-smart-phone-audio-vs-standard-laptop-pc-audio.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi, i got a pavilion dv6000 and damn the graphics are too low. am running vista home prenium and got 4g ram... what could be the reason?

A:Low quality of graphics on HP pavilion Dv6000

How old is this HP and when did the graphics issue start?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-quality-of-graphics-on-hp-pavilion-dv6000.117321/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello,

I am having an issue when i watch videos online. When i do so my video and audio begins to skip repetitively and eventually gets out of control. When i go to video streaming websites like Youtube or Crunchyroll this tends to happen. I am running Windows 8.1 with an AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics Adapter. This problem only happens when I am streaming videos it does not happen on downloaded videos. it is not an internet problem because I went to the same websites on a different computer in my home and they worked just fine. I hope I receive a notification on this topic because there is no "notify me" option only a follow this topic option so I hope this works! Please help me to the best of y'all's ability. Thank you!

A:Video and Audio Streaming Terrible!

JacobWoods to BleepingComputer Community Does it happen on all browsers? Check if Flash Player and browsers are all up to date. Clear your Temp Files.  Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.  Download MiniToolBox and open/run the program.When open, checkmark or select all options then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531916/video-and-audio-streaming-terrible/
Relevancy 55.9%

I worked with my new DELL Inspiron 7459 All-in-one last night. When I try to turn darker of the monitor by pressing the light adjustment button on the right side of the monitor. I can hear a loud humming noise coming from the back of the monitor. The noise continued until I turn the monitor to full brightness. That noise really drives me crazy during the silent night.
Dose anyone have the same issue?

A:Humming noise coming from my brand new DELL Inspiron 7459 All-in-one

Yes, 
same issue here. I have new model Dell Inspiron 7548. It is really annoying. I tried to find a solution, but nothing work. 
I am considering to send my laptop to servis. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19664245
Relevancy 55.47%

This is the third laptop I use with a Sumsung LE32B450C4W monitor. The other two plug in with VGA and look superb on the monitor. I have connected this HP laptop with HDMI and the picture quality on the monitor is really poor - colours are all wrong and text is pixellated.  Do I need to install drivers onto the laptop for the monitor? I'm at a bit of a loss!  Thanks so much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Poor-picture-quality-from-Pavilion-15-aw065sa-on-Samsung/td-p/5752414
Relevancy 55.47%

Just bought a new HP Pavilion G116 all in one, was working fine yesterday, today it won't turn on, no power, no light, nothing. Any advice out there.

A:Brand new HP Pavilion G116 all in one

Why wouldn't you just return it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-hp-pavilion-g116-all-in-one.1149723/
Relevancy 55.47%

I keep getting a message "low disk space" when I choose to clean up disk it still comes back later (the error message that is) this thing is only a week old. Also Java updates keep failing any ideas on either of these, any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance
Carol

A:Brand new HP Pavilion Notebook why is it doing this????

I really would like some help if someone has the time.

Thanks
Carol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-hp-pavilion-notebook-why-is-it-doing-this.632238/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm running a Windows home premium x os on a HP pavilion dv - ej LX EA This is the original os that came with the HP my brand BSOD pavilion Help I'm please! dv6. getting in new computer Full spec can be seen in my Help please! I'm getting BSOD in my brand new HP pavilion dv6. profile As posted in the title this laptop is brand new Just got it about two weeks ago I'm getting BSOD every day or two Steps taken so far I've updated Windows to the latest available updates including the sp update I've updated my graphic driver to the latest driver available in the HP site I've installed Windows debugging tools in order to try and analyze the minidump files I've activated Help please! I'm getting BSOD in my brand new HP pavilion dv6. Windows Verifier and set it to monitor ALL drivers until Windows crushed with a BSOD Now if I try to activate the Verifier again Windows will not load so I had to disable it altogether I've updated my bios to the latest version available in the HP site I've run memtest pass with no errors Help please! I'm getting BSOD in my brand new HP pavilion dv6. That's all so far Attached here is the zip file that this forum requires Attachment Also here is a snapshot of data from the freeware SIW which is a system information tool Attachment This worries me because it seems to me that the memory installed is not supported by this motherboard If this is true how can this happen in a standard HP model Any help will be appreciated as I don't want to send this computer back to where I bought it to be fixed or replaced I need it here both for my studies and for work which I do from home on this computer Note I don't know if it will be helpful to post this or not but I should mention that all BSODs I'm getting do not cause the computer to restart but just to freeze after it dumps the memory to a minidump file

A:Help please! I'm getting BSOD in my brand new HP pavilion dv6.

Could you attach those minidump files here using the paperclip icon?
(you'll need to zip them up first)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197777-help-please-im-getting-bsod-my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-dv6.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Recently my computer has been experiencing very bad pops and drop outs while playing any kind of audio while doing loading anything else on the computer They happen at around second intervals or whenever I load something I usually stream music through Spotify but iTunes and Pandora also cause the same problem I ran LatencyMon and it says that the driver ndis sys is having bad latency problems but I have no idea how to amend that Any help would be greatly appreciated because I have music on at all times and it s very annoying These are my specs Operating System MS Windows -bit CPU AMD Phenom II X C Deneb nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- A-UD Socket M C Graphics VE email protected NS-L Q- A email protected AMD Radeon HD Series Hard Drives GB Hitachi Outs 5 every Audio seconds Terrible Pops/Drop Hitachi HDS CLA ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives Optiarc DVD RW AD- S ATA Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/terrible-audio-pops-drop-outs-every-5-seconds.1116495/
Relevancy 55.47%

I thought that once Windows would come about the Realtek drivers would be updated to not Beats 10: Realtek driver, Windows S... New Audio Terrible Same only accomodate W but fix the problem that has nbsp been plauging HP's nbsp Beats Audio laptops nbsp for years the sound nbsp leveling fluctuation nbsp issue nbsp I guess I was hoping for too much the sound still nbsp fluctuates when trying to level out the volume when internal speakers are plugged into the audio jack nbsp This nbsp makes audio--music videos movies ect --impossible to listen to nbsp The internal laptop speakers however still sound good with the two subwoofers nbsp This is the exact same issue that I was having in W nbsp I've rolled back to Microsoft's HD audio driver like last time nbsp Finally this driver was updated for W as well nbsp Now the laptop speakers are horrible as Windows 10: New Beats Audio Realtek driver, Same Terrible S... expected nbsp These steps were done to remedy the problem for me in W nbsp I was also able to uninstall HP's audio driver get rid of Beats Audio control panel and replaced it with Realtek's own generic drivers in W nbsp This allowed me to be able to have an equalizer to control the sound nbsp This driver also made the laptop speakers horrible but I was able to take control of my external speaker sound which is used of the time nbsp I can't do this however in W it won't allow me to get rid of Beats Audio control panel no matter what nbsp nbsp This is and will continue to be an issue unless HP decides to supply an update to their Realtek drivers that will eliminate this sound fluctiation nbsp But given HP's track record this has been going on since with Beats Audio according to the forums there will NEVER be a fix nbsp I regret buying this laptop this issue makes an excellent piece of machinery a nbsp nbsp very nbsp terrible buy especially for a music listener and media consumer nbsp Had I known this issue existed months ago I would have purchase a laptop from another manufacturer nbsp nbsp And before anyone asks I've uninstalled and reinstaled HP's W Realtek drivers I've did a fresh install of W and went through the troubleshooting tips as well nbsp I have also sent this laptop to the Repair Center for this issue along with a wifi card issue and was supposedly fixed this process which took THREE repair nbsp CSOs because each repair introduced a nbsp new set of problems created by the Repair Center is another looooooooong nbsp story in itself nbsp It's definitely not a hardware problem it's a software problem nbsp nbsp Hopefully a mod can come across this post and get this information to the appropriate people to nbsp release a driver that correct this terrible sound fluctuation

A:Windows 10: New Beats Audio Realtek driver, Same Terrible S...

Well, since I haven't gotten a single reply from HP's mods, I actually found a way to stop Microsoft from automatically downloading the HP Beats Audio/Realtek audio driver to my W10 device. The KB update, KB3073930, is a standalone tool that allows hiding of pesky and arwy updates.  If you want to keep using the Microsof HD audio driver,  follow these instructions: 1.  Download the KB update tool here:  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/30739302.  Uninstall the HP Beats Audio/Realtek audio driver and restart computer (it tells you to do so after uninstall)3.  After restart, open the tool and follow the steps.  It's pretty self-explanatory. Albeit a temporary solution, it's a breath of fresh air to not hear distorted, fluctiating, and compressed sound out of my external speakers when I play any media.  Now, If I can only use the generic Realtek drivers without it being overridden by Beats Audio's atrocious control panel...probably has something to do with the registry.  I, however, shouldn't have to go through these lengths to get clear, crisp sound out of my laptop. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Windows-10-New-Beats-Audio-Realtek-driver-Same-Terrible/td-p/5193891
Relevancy 55.47%

OK I posted awhile back here about Envy is & on Compressed TERRIBLE / audio Bang HP Olufsen compressed distorted sound on HP Envy laptop nbsp I tried a few things with no luck nbsp I figured it must be defective so I Compressed audio on HP Envy / Bang & Olufsen is TERRIBLE exchanged it for the same model nbsp Got the new computer and are you kidding me nbsp Apparently they all sound like this nbsp This feature is seemingly a poor attempt at normalization where loud parts are made softer and soft parts are louder nbsp The implementation is so poor that it sounds like someone is on the volume knob turning it up and down constantly every few seconds nbsp Or like a distant AM station at night fading in and out nbsp It's ridiculous and incredibly annoying nbsp The very worst part of this nbsp There's no way to turn it off nbsp There should be a software option for Audio Normalization Compression you can simply uncheck nbsp No such luck nbsp There are a few threads here about messing with audio drivers to get rid of it nbsp I'll have to try them nbsp I'm flabbergasted that these units are being sold like this nbsp The rest of the laptop seems great but this makes it nearly unusable nbsp It's amazing to me that someone thinks this sounds good

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Compressed-audio-on-HP-Envy-Bang-amp-Olufsen-is-TERRIBLE/td-p/5830465
Relevancy 55.04%

Two days ago I purchased a HP Pavilion 14-AL004NA ,and since it was turned on for the first time it has been omitting noise and sometimes a crackling sound also. The noise is loud and constant even when the laptop is idle and just sitting on a table.Is there anything I can do to fix this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Brand-new-Pavilion-14-AL004NA-is-very-noisy/td-p/5839852
Relevancy 55.04%

I just bought a Pavilion Laptop yesterday. Today I have pop-up saying "You have a Zeus Virus. Call this number in 5 minutes or your hard drive will be completely erased". Should I return the laptop to where it was purchased? I don't want to deal with problems on my brand new laptop!

A:POP UP Warning on Brand New Pavilion Laptop

@Thomas

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/POP-UP-Warning-on-Brand-New-Pavilion-Laptop/td-p/5705887
Relevancy 55.04%

We bought brand new - and pluged in to charge and we can't get the PC / Tablet to turn on?  We have connected to the AC Power cord...we have unconnected all items and charged for 30 mins and still nothing.What are we missing??  

A:HP Pavilion x2 Detachable PC - brand new won't turn on.

@tsmith223 , Hello and welcome to the HP support forums. First thing I would try is a full charge for 24 hours and see if that helps if not please post back. Thank you agian for posting and have a great day.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-x2-Detachable-PC-brand-new-won-t-turn-on/td-p/4796844
Relevancy 55.04%

Good evening all We just replaced my wife's failing Apple iMac with an HP Pavilion Slimline computer We took it out of the box today and set it up around P M Shortly after setup crashes occurred by P M Posted below is information from the crash log as well as the dump file If someone can offer me feedback as to what the issue truly is that would be great based Pavilion with HP new Slimline Issue brand on debug I'm fairly Issue with brand new HP Pavilion Slimline certain it's a hardware problem I'll also attach the dmp file for those of you more computer savvy than myself Thanks Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA BCP B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fffffa b Probably caused by hardware Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR A fatal hardware error has occurred Parameter identifies the type of error source that reported the error Parameter holds the address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure that describes the error conditon Arguments Arg Machine Check Exception Arg fffffa Address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure Arg b High order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Arg Low order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME dwm exe CURRENT IRQL f STACK TEXT fffff aa nt KeBugCheckEx STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME hardware IMAGE NAME hardware DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:Issue with brand new HP Pavilion Slimline

Hi there,

These crashes were all point to hardware. Please use these instructions to find out what that means and to figure out what to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

I don't want to say this but the stop code is 124, which is hardware related.
You might want to try the following test to find out what is truthly the problem
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)

Check your computer temperature using speedfan:
SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/101871-issue-brand-new-hp-pavilion-slimline.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I just installed the latest driver and now the sound qulity is notso good my system audio made realtek driver sound Latest terrible as before even i ddint change anything in my realteck manger I dont know if it counts but I my windows is installing automatically another driver HD audio Latest realtek driver made my audio system sound terrible device but I dont think that matter Latest realtek driver made my audio system sound terrible since I have that disabled and even uninstalled once just to see if affects the quality but nothing here some capture My system specs are on the atachment My mothertboard specs here ASUSTeK Computer Inc - Motherboards- ASUS P GC-MX Graphic card Asus MB MHz EAH SILENT MAGIC HTDP M ATi PCI-Express Latest realtek driver made my audio system sound terrible Video Card w Dual DVI HDTV HDCP Avivo HD DirectX EAH SLNT MG HTDP M Retail Discontinued Audio system Dove Electronics - Genius Channel Home Theatre System - W About the sound quality I will try to make a descriprion even my english is not its like my system is trying to reproduce an rough coarsed acousting sound and my sub sounds are distorted with a tremble plus anoying scarts and squeakies screechings when u play for ex a instrumental track

A:Latest realtek driver made my audio system sound terrible

Un check speaker fill, set sound effect to room, enable room correction, set the speaker distance and set the rear and sub speakers to +10 db and leave others at 0db.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/204565-latest-realtek-driver-made-my-audio-system-sound-terrible.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Just purchased my new Pavilion dv7, and when I run the You Cam software, it tells me my HP TrueVision HD webcam is not detected. I have tried at this for several days now, at one point when I was trying to fiddle with the You Cam settings, the webcam light turned on for aprox. 2 seconds and then went dead again, since then it won't even let me into the YouCam settings.Right now I'm becoming more and more convinced that this is due to my laptop being assembled outside the US. Need a fix for this immediately.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Brand new Pavilion dv7, HP TrueVision HD webcam not detected

Hi Guys, I had the same problem with a HP Pavilion dv7-6e22b. I read about a short cable on the inside of the screen.I found the following post about how the screen is connected. this was an older model but i was curious about how to remove the lid of the machine. it contains 2 screws (which I didn't have to unscrew to acces the camera) just be causious not to break the bevel. http://www.insidemylaptop.com/remove-lcd-screen-inverter-board-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook/ this is a older model in the new model the webcam connector is located directy under the webcam lens itself.I pressed te connector lightly. And all ofa sudden I hear a USB connecting sound. After that my device manager showed a connected "image device" and the software worked directly. I hop this will solve your problems to. I must say reading all the posts and not finding a solution in driver or software and after seeing the connector I think it's a poor deisgn effort using such short cables and tiny connectors. good luck to all !  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Brand-new-Pavilion-dv7-HP-TrueVision-HD-webcam-not-detected/td-p/660307
Relevancy 54.18%

Plz anybody help yesterday i my dad gifted me a pavilion x2 windows 10 at morning it was working properly but after i had breakfast and tried to power it up the screen was on but it was blank only i can see my cursor plz help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Brand-new-Hp-Pavilion-x2-goes-blank-screen-neither-shutting/td-p/5642790
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently downloaded the latest Realtek HD Audio Manager and it has made my speakers hiss, I've tried every setting variation possible and I've also tried to roll back to the previous driver but it appears there is not one

I've fiddled around with the jacks but there is not much I can do, I've also tried the speakers coming straight out of my iPod and they work fine...

Any ideas would be appreciated

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creative-lab-speakers-hissing-when-used-with-brand-new-hp-pavilion.586296/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all -
Just finished setting up this brand new PC and I would like to make a recovery disk set for it. Trouble is, everytime I begin to make the disk set (to DVD) I get this error, and it stops the whole process. Anybody have a clue on the fix for this?

Thanx in advance

Rich

A:Backup error 0x8007001b on brand new Pavilion 20

Welcome to EightForums.

If you are using the HP/Compaq Recovery Media Creator app, call HP for a free set of DVD's
You can Order HP Recovery Disks from here:
Country-Language Selector | HP? Support

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/13960-backup-error-0x8007001b-brand-new-pavilion-20-a.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello all I've a problem with my new HP Very Pavilion 15 on new wifi brand weak bj000nh Pavilion -bj nh notebook purchased few days ago The wi-fi connection is too weak if I keep the PC one meter far from router I get only - bars of in the connection properties and if I go just meters and Very weak wifi on brand new Pavilion 15 bj000nh a pair of rooms far I get - bars of and frequent disconnections Also the speed degrades I see and close to the router too is not at maximum Otherwise my old HP s notebook with Windows had never problems in the same position m and keep - bars without disconnections I verified the strength of wi-fi router with Very weak wifi on brand new Pavilion 15 bj000nh cell phone too no problem I already tried all the solutions suggested by the HP support assistant on PC and on the HP support site too but without any results I upgreaded the software of the Broadcom card n IT helped a bit but even with the newest software my laptop has the connectivity problems I cannot believe that a new NB can have a so weak connection I have no other ideas different from an HW fault Thanks for your help Solved View Solution

A:Very weak wifi on brand new Pavilion 15 bj000nh

No wireless card will work well with only a single antenna, and a dual band (2.4 and 5 ghz) will not work at all on one antenna... An antenna lead can be added but it takes almost complete disassembly. I doubt the Service Center would do it. I wish there were something I could tell you. A usb wireless dongle is actually your best option. 15 bucks on amazon.com and you will have good reception at the cost of losing access to one usb port. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Very-weak-wifi-on-brand-new-Pavilion-15-bj000nh/td-p/5599418
Relevancy 54.18%

I am a former tech-specialist A certified and the whole yards - I buy a new laptop every - years nbsp HP's used to have a bad rep for the way they were assembled and that they ran hot Things changed or so I thought My ASUS screen died recently and I had to buy something fast nbsp Was looking for the fasted computer w the biggest hard-drive for under dollars Got this computer- did NOT want a tablet w a keyboard swiping creates a dirty screen and I do a lot of work w photos nbsp This machine constantly freezes and says - even though FREEZES!! Notebook AND PC Pavilion NEW 15-n211dx HP BRAND it has gigs free - that it BRAND NEW AND FREEZES!! HP Pavilion 15-n211dx Notebook PC is using of the hard drive - I've uninstalled a lot of the crap that comes with it and even changed to a lesser version of my own antivirus to try to give it more energy This computer is a piece of crap I am about to launch a review-a-thon and post reviews whereever I can warning people NOT TO BUY Oh and I checked with the place I bought it four weeks later and they are no longer selling it nbsp READ REVIEWS BEFORE BUYING nbsp Don't rely on specs rely on users who have come before you

A:BRAND NEW AND FREEZES!! HP Pavilion 15-n211dx Notebook PC

Hello jjoakim,Welcome to the HP Forums!I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience. Luckily, with your notebook being so new, it is probably still covered under warranty. If there are hardware issues, your manufacturer's warranty should cover any required servicing.The specs show that you should have received a 750GB hard drive. Can you confirm this? I have included the document 'How To Access Disk Management in Windows 8 & 8.1'. As the drive is most likely partitioned, you will want to use Disk Management to assess the full size.Do you get the error message regarding the hard drive is completely full, while you are working with your photos? The reason that I do ask, is it does sound like an out of control swap file could cause this error.If there is a problem with the hard drive, use this method 'Testing a Hard Disk from the BIOS' to test your hard drive. If for some reason it does come back with a failure, please let me know the exact failure code.I have also included a few standard troubleshooting documents for you to go through, to ensure all the basics have been done.'Computer Locks Up or Freezes in Windows 8''Improving System Performance without Adding Memory (Windows 8)''Windows 8 keeps slows down to 100% disk usage and hangs.'.Looking forward to working with you.

I worked on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/BRAND-NEW-AND-FREEZES-HP-Pavilion-15-n211dx-Notebook-PC/td-p/3718730
Relevancy 54.18%

Problem nbsp On normal shutdown at frequent intervals the screen will go black but the and 10 ... shutdown Pavilion startup has with Brand Windows New power button stays lit until I Brand New Pavilion with Windows 10 has shutdown and startup ... manually intervene and hold down the power button nbsp Problem nbsp Frequently after I have shut down computer normally without depressing power button when I reboot computer the system restarts very quickly and apparently normally but I cannot open any applications nbsp nbsp Problem observation nbsp when I restart from this condition the system boots up extremely slowly however once it has rebooted everything works well nbsp Problem observation nbsp I have noticed that when this problem does occur it is always predicatable by looking at the start-up tray nbsp several icons for programs that are normally there are missing nbsp When I restart and things work well the icons are there nbsp I have contacted HP support and have had several conversations and chats with very nice people but they have not been able to tell me what might be causing this or to offer any solution except two recommentdations nbsp Take the computer back to where I bought it and do a complete and total restore using recovery discs nbsp I am reluctant to do either because without knowing what is happening I have no guarantee it won't happen after a recovery operation or with a new computer nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Brand-New-Pavilion-with-Windows-10-has-shutdown-and-startup/td-p/5720884
Relevancy 54.18%

Windows 7 64-bit I'm using an AMD Athlon 64 3500+ processor My audio is working, but I'm getting "popping" noises every 15-30 seconds and it's really bothering me. I updated to the latest driver for Realtek AC'97 and I insalled the Realtek HD Audio drivers, but only the AC'97 shows up in the device manager. When I got to add/remove programs, it shows that HD Audio can be uninstalled, but I don't know if that means it's working. From reading around on the internet, some people said the HD Audio driver solved their problem, but I'm not sure if mine is actually working or not. I don't know much about computers, so please spell things out explicitly for me so I can just follow directions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-and-popping-sounds-unable-to-find-realtek-hd-audio-driver.890498/
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently encountered this problem I was on windows but I decided to do a fresh install mind having to put over like files on to a uploading website cause I do youtube editing etc whatever and so it first started out but Audio computer audio through working on it's is no coming displays as like when I would max out the speakers it would do like a distortion crackling problem for example I was watching one of pewdiepie's videos and when he said something or something loud Audio on computer displays it's working but no audio is coming through happened its like the sound got inverted like if you've ever been inside a bar you can hear all the music but when you're outside it's like faded distorted etc then i tried to mess around with the settings in the control panel of the sound and when i changed the audio setting the audio is now completely gone and I even tried putting it back and applied it and it's still absolutely no sound now So I did a fresh install and it's still doing the same thing i'm on a hp probook b model and i've had it for awhile now Basically the problem is when i play a video or play any type of sound on the computer like when I bring up the sound it says like the audio is playing like the audio bar is moving up and down and yes it's not muted i've had computers for awhile now i'm not new and like I said up there I even tried to mess with the settings i've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers i'm completely up to date with all my drivers besides the audio driver cause with the hp probook b model it will not let me update to the I can only do one driver from called like IDT High Definition Audio Driver So if anyone knows a solution or is willing to help me please comment cause I really would like my audio back I need my laptop for tons of stuff like I said I do youtube and I also stream on twitch and i've never had to go to forums like this cause I can usually fix it myself in fact thats why i'm helping somebody currently with their computer right now so PLEASE HELP thank you

A:Audio on computer displays it's working but no audio is coming through

Hello and welcome Nazohh mate just how did you do a clean install - from a Microsoft media disk, stick , download?? Because if you had all your data saved you could have done a factory restore and that would of course lose the data but put the machine back to out of the factory condition.

Now you say you can only find the audio driver for 2012 but this one is 2013 try it Drivers & Software for HP ProBook 6560b Notebook PC - HP Support Center.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/398731-audio-computer-displays-its-working-but-no-audio-coming-through.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I recently encountered this problem I was on windows but I decided to do a fresh install mind having to put over like files on to a uploading website cause I do youtube through it's Audio coming on is no computer audio but working displays editing etc whatever and so it first started out as like when I would max out the speakers it would do like a distortion crackling problem for example I was watching one of pewdiepie's videos and when he said something or something loud happened its like the sound got inverted like if you've ever been inside a bar you can hear all the music but when you're outside it's like faded distorted etc then i tried to mess around with the settings in the control panel of the sound and when i changed the audio setting the audio is now completely gone and I even tried putting it back and applied it and it's still absolutely no sound now So I did a fresh install and it's still doing the same thing i'm on a hp probook b model and i've had Audio on computer displays it's working but no audio is coming through it for awhile now Audio on computer displays it's working but no audio is coming through Basically the problem is when i play a video or play any type of sound on the computer like when I bring up the sound it says like the audio is playing like the audio bar is moving up and down and yes it's not muted i've had computers for awhile now i'm not new and like I said up there I even tried to mess with the settings i've uninstalled and reinstalled the audio drivers i'm completely up to date with all my drivers besides the audio driver cause with the hp probook b model it will not let me update to the I can only do one driver from called like IDT High Definition Audio Driver So if anyone knows a solution or is willing to help me please comment cause I really would like my audio back I need my laptop for tons of stuff like I said I do youtube and I also stream on twitch and i've never had to go to forums like this cause I can usually fix it myself in fact thats why i'm helping somebody currently with their computer right now so PLEASE HELP thank you

A:Audio on computer displays it's working but no audio is coming through

Hello and welcome Nazohh mate just how did you do a clean install - from a Microsoft media disk, stick , download?? Because if you had all your data saved you could have done a factory restore and that would of course lose the data but put the machine back to out of the factory condition.

Now you say you can only find the audio driver for 2012 but this one is 2013 try it Drivers & Software for HP ProBook 6560b Notebook PC - HP Support Center.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/398731-audio-computer-displays-its-working-but-no-audio-coming-through.html
Relevancy 53.75%

This is a brand new computer with AMD A9-9410 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G  and only 2 weeks old with hardly any data.  Trying to surf the interent is so frustrating as it is very slow.  I didn't have this problem with my previous computers.  Any ideas please?

A:brand new pavilion desktop windows 10 runs slow

See the folllowing topic. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-Computer-is-running-slow/m-p/5...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/brand-new-pavilion-desktop-windows-10-runs-slow/td-p/5744766
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everyone Yesterday I purchased a brand new HP Pavilion Pavilion day-old HP Brand sleek today. times BSODs, new 3 Sleek laptop This morning I turned it on for the first time set it up and synchronized my accounts as i was prompted It was OK till then I then opened up Internet explorer went to Google chrome and saw an option there to quot add google to the desktop quot upon clicking it I found that chrome was in fact compatible with windows and could be installed at once So i installed it Now i started up chrome and Brand new day-old HP Pavilion sleek BSODs, 3 times today. barely typed in my first search string before the computer BSOD-ed It gave the following error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL So I went and looked that up quite worried since the computer is brand new and was only operating for an hour before the error No other apps or programs had been installed No external drive of any sort had been connected The device was not connected to a homegroup So i searched and found a diagnostic program that yielded the following results when i scanned the minidump file Attachment You can see three dump files since it has crashed three times today The only program installed the entire day is Google Chrome nothing else whatsoever has been changed The problematic files shown appear to be ntoskrnl exe and netr x sys If anyone can help me i would greatly appreciate it I have attached a zip file from SF viewer below Thanks

A:Brand new day-old HP Pavilion sleek BSODs, 3 times today.

With a "day old" computer and problems, I would take it back and get a replacement.

It may just be a bad load and a complete reinstall back to the factory image will take care of it. On the other hand it may be more and there is no good reason to fight a new PC that has problems.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/26757-brand-new-day-old-hp-pavilion-sleek-bsods-3-times-today.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My HP Pavilion laptop is brand stuck HP new screen is Pavilion laptop My on the login not completely frozen My My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen touchpad works as do some of the function keys like My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status nbsp The My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen problem is the Sign in and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are darkened you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time nbsp I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen/td-p/5617883
Relevancy 53.75%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like laptop login screen on stuck HP new brand My Pavilion the is mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It s like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won t actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can t do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

holding down the power button for 20 seconds until it switched off worked. it just restarted like normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen.1171219/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello!So I bought the HP Pavilion x360, model number m3-u003xd, a few days ago and it just got shipped to my house. Right out of the box it has not been able to keep a stable WiFi connection to my home router. Sometimes it won't even be able to connect and when it does it constantly fluctuates on strength and after a few minutes it will just disconnect.Please help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-x360-barely-connects-to-WiFi/td-p/5746597
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently received a brand-new HP Pavilion -e nr laptop for Christmas I went through the setup process and it went smoothly I quickly noticed that the computer was slow even before installing anything but thought nothing of it at first until a day or two later then it got annoying I did laptop is 10-e010nr incredibly Brand-new HP slow Pavilion a bit of research and saw that if you selected quot Express setup quot you might have a slow laptop in your Brand-new HP Pavilion 10-e010nr laptop is incredibly slow hands whereas quot Custom setup quot would allow you to disable unneeded background process and have a faster well-running PC I have also noticed an almost-constant high CPU usage and certain IE add-on blockage due to Brand-new HP Pavilion 10-e010nr laptop is incredibly slow the add-ons quot not being compatible w IE's enhanced security features quot I have never experienced this before and I'm very confused on what to do Some friends of mine suggest a fresh install of Windows while others say they aren't sure if a fresh install will work some say to return the PC and others just have no clue on what's happening Any future help is appreciated Brand-new HP Pavilion 10-e010nr laptop is incredibly slow

A:Brand-new HP Pavilion 10-e010nr laptop is incredibly slow

Well, since it is new, I would suggest reinstalling and do the custom setup as you mentioned. Being new there would be no data issues unless of course you have copied data from another computer already. Or, you can start cleaning the "HP Crapware" from the computer by uninstalling everything that you don't need. OR, take it back since it is new and try another one. Anyway, my 2 cents.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59468-brand-new-hp-pavilion-10-e010nr-laptop-incredibly-slow.html
Relevancy 53.75%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not laptop Pavilion the login My new on is stuck HP brand screen completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

What is the actual model of you HP laptop? In the meantime.....try this......power off laptop, unplug AC power cord, then pull out the battery for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes.....connect the AC power cord and power on " WITH OUT" the battery , now power on and lets see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen-1119425.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I recently bought about a week back brand new HP Pavilion DV - TX But the problem I am having is BSOD I have run the now 4 Pavilion [SOLVED] (Brand DV6) times a till new in HP week BSOD HP Diagnostic Tools from BIOS ran every memory Hard [SOLVED] 4 times BSOD till now in a week (Brand new HP Pavilion DV6) disk test and all with NO errors what so ever But still I am getting BSODs The most recent one was a BSOD with this error please note that everytime the Technical Information in the error is different to the previous one except STOP E quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer PFN LIST CORRUPT if this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen restart your pc If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask ur hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates u myt need If probs continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If u need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart ur pc press f to select advanced startup options and then select safe mode Technical information STOP x E x x D x x D collecting data for crash dump Initializing disk for crash dump Beginning dump of physical memory Dumping physical memory to disk quot Please help

A:[SOLVED] 4 times BSOD till now in a week (Brand new HP Pavilion DV6)

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT is usually driver related.

Using driver verifier may very well fix your problem.
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-4-times-bsod-till-now-in-a-week-brand-new-hp-pavilion-dv6-619153.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello.
I was wondering how to achive the best audio quality(witch player should i use,What codecs and so on)
My gear is nothing to brag about:Acer aspire E 15 and two Bose speakers.
DFX Audio Enhancer installed Combined with Aimp4.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629898/the-best-audio-quality/
Relevancy 53.32%

What is the best possible audio quality (bitrate, format, etc...) combination out there?

Relevancy 52.89%

When I start my laptop it directly coming to the recovery section. After starting if I press F11 then only it opening my OS. I dont know how to open default in Opearting system . without pressing F11. Please help if anybody faced the issue before.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-after-starting-directly-coming-to-the-recovery/td-p/5716740
Relevancy 52.46%

I am the proud owner of a 250 g5 notebook for roughly a month now. Everything is working perfect except for the fact that when i want to connect my notebook to my audio setup via the aux port, the quality is very poor. I have tested this on different speakers and the quality sounds way worse than my phone, tv, old computer or any other device with an auxilary output. I have installed new Realtek drivers, but this does not seem to solve the problem. I hope that someone can help me out here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/poor-audio-quality-via-aux-on-HP-250-G5/td-p/5718451
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi everyone.
Just after a bit of advice really !
I just got my first MP3 player (well, 2nd, but 1st was my mobile phone and only held 15 tracks )
I have ripped lots of my cds to MP3 format, WMA format (both 128kbps and variable-40-75 kbps) and maybe its just my ageing hearing, but although i can notice a very slight difference in quality between the first 2, i can not hear any difference between the 2 WMA bit rates.
Just wondering why this would be as a track at 128 is 4529 KB and at 40-75 is only 2800 KB.
Your thiughts would be most welcome !!
Mark.

Relevancy 52.46%

Recently I noticed that my sound volume has fallen drastically. This is so whether I'm using the speakers or my earphone. I also notice that the audio quality of my mp3s have been affected.
- I've ajusted the volume control in the accessories section to the max
- I've re-installed a upadated version on my media player ( Winamp)
- Winamp volume is set to max / speakers and earphones as well
Nothing seems to help.

I use a PC133 - M758+ Series System Board with an onboard sound card
Hope I've provide enough information. Any suggessions Please
(I'm a newbie at this )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/low-volume_poor-audio-quality.383465/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have the Beats by Dre audio software/hardware on my laptop and it sounded great but all of a sudden, some months ago, the audio became very poor. It's quite tinny and very quiet. I feel like it may have occurred after a system/OS update but can;t say for sure. I constantly connect it to a bluetooth speake ror use headphones but it's becoming a pain. I should've dealt with it right away but didn't. any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Poor-audio-quality/td-p/5640592
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an MSI motherboard RS482M2 with built in sound( Realtek)using RealtekALC658C audio codec. The problem is when I play audio on winamp 5.112
there are kinda "Blips" heard now and then. The same isnt heard on windows media player.(all though rarely it is heard here also) I tried adjusting the buffer length and prebuffer in Winamp but it didnt work. How do i remove these annoying blips from comming?Also what is the optimum setting of the buffer lenght's for winamp for excellent audio quality?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-quality-problem.38709/
Relevancy 52.46%

I have the Beats by Dre audio software/hardware on my laptop and it sounded great but all of a sudden, some months ago, the audio became very poor. It's quite tinny and very quiet. I feel like it may have occurred after a system/OS update but can;t say for sure. I constantly connect it to a bluetooth speake ror use headphones but it's becoming a pain. I should've dealt with it right away but didn't. any ideas?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Poor-audio-quality/td-p/5640592
Relevancy 52.46%

The audio that come out sounds pretty bad. ive changed the bit into the maximum, 24 bit but it still sounds crisp. what can i do? Thanks in advancesound driver: realtek high definiton 6.0.1.7606

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/poor-audio-quality/td-p/5613673
Relevancy 52.46%

I'm on an HP laptop. I've noticed a problem where my speakers constantly sound like they're not pushing out what they are truly capable of. They sound slightly muffled and guitars don't come through as loud as they should. What I've noticed is that everything sounds great through headphones, but there is also a strange thing I should mention.

Let's say I'm listening to Led Zeppelin... The sound is muffled and what not but if I go into the "My Music" folder and then double click the "Alter Bridge" folder that holds the song I'm listening to (normally in a subfolder, the album), the audio clears up and sounds awesome. But I have to do this for every song (or audio clip) I listen to. Any help?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bad-audio-quality-on-xp-home-sp2-331514.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I downgraded from Vista to XP a couple months ago but haven t had the oppurtunity to play with my webcam audio feature until now I m on an Acer Aspire Laptop with a built in cam and mic I had a great audio quality on Vista Now suddenly my audio quality is very poor not so much in the fact that it doesn t sound good but that you can barely hear it Again it worked great on Vista Now I ve tried playing with all the settings I ve spent a lot of time tweaking things but nothing fixes it I think Quality on Audio Poor mic it may have something to do with the gay RealTek Audio Manager which I d like to get rid of but don t know how My audio quality is just very very muffled and low-toned In Master Volume I am using advanced settings and I have everything turned up full blast In the Poor Audio Quality on mic mic s advanced settings Poor Audio Quality on mic Bass and Treble are both set to as low as possible and it doesn t allow me to move them or change them As for drivers according to driveragent com these are the only drivers which are out of date or missing - Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus missing - Intel R GBM GHM ICH -M Family Serial ATA Storage Controller - C - USB Video Device - Broadcom x Integrated Controller - Intel R G ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - D - Intel R G ICH Family PCI Express Root Port - D - Intel R GBM ICH -M LPC Interface Controller - B - SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller - USB Composite Device There must be something that s not right or I m missing PLEASE PLEASE help me out here or I may think about switching back to Vista nbsp

A:Poor Audio Quality on mic

Come on. No one can even help me on THIS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-on-mic.720383/
Relevancy 52.46%

My user says I'm a "Windows 7 Professional" but I've got a Windows Vista Home Basic too and I was wondering if any of you guys can tell me how to get rid of this "Audio Problem" that I'm having . First, I'm listening to the song that's playing like it should . Second, it's at the end of the song . Third, it stops and makes a crackling sound and goes at the end of the song . If you know what I'm talking about, please tell me how to stop this nonsense .

A:I'm Having Poor Audio Quality!

How about more details?

On 1 song or all songs?

Always at the same point in a given song?

On mp3s, waves, or any file format?

Is this a recent development?

What player are you using?

If it's a recent development and everything was fine at one time, how has your PC been altered since everything was fine? New hardware? Software updates?

Etcetera. More info needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/131645-im-having-poor-audio-quality.html
Relevancy 52.46%

just got a refurbished dell latitude d620, it is upgraded to win 7, since dell doesnt make a win 7 audio driver for this model the geniric microsoft audio driver was used, the sound works but sounds terrible, static, noise, choppy, i tried vista, xp and sigmatel hd drivers, they all work but sound the same, any ideas?

A:poor audio quality

Your system is not compatible for Windows 7 since there is no audio drivers for Windows 7. If the system is compatible with Windows Vista or XP I recommend sticking with that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/poor-audio-quality-645327.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I know absolutely nothing about Audio. I know that my speaker set up has a subwoofer. That it connects to the back of my computer through a black, green and orange 3-way spliced cable. I know I took the computer apart to move it to a new case and that's when it started. I use the on board sound card to an ASUS A8N32 SLI board with the proper sound driver.

The assistance feature for the less informed, like myself, says there's something wrong with my green cable. There doesn't seem to be any tears or weak connections.

As for the problem itself. Sound is mildly distorted. There's severe bass tones? where there shouldn't be. Half of the sounds from 3d games like Oblivion, do not register.

A:Poor quality Audio

You should have a Realtek Aux console. Start/Programs/Realtek===> some drop down menu. In there you can set-up your speakers for 2.1, 3.1, 5.1 etc. also there should be a graphics equalizer where you can set base or there can be a tab just for setting how much sub-woofer (volume and cross-over frequency) I set my cross-over at 60Hz.

You need to tell it how many speakers you have, then set your sub-woofer and you should be ok.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-quality-audio.50429/
Relevancy 52.03%

The LCD on Pavilion DV4-1131TX screen is not light Pavilion Laptop coming... HP DV - TX is not working light is too dim to read the HP Pavilion DV4-1131TX Laptop screen light is not coming... content I understand from my research that the most likely cause of death is either an inverter failure or a backlight failure nbsp The possible soluiton I got over the internet is LCD inverter is not working now the question is how would I know the part number or if I go to HP care center how much approx they will charge me Some of the symptoms The image is displayed on an external monitor I can see the image on the laptop LCD when I point a flashlight at it Other components in the display lid the logo LED the wireless antennas are working The backlight sometimes lights up for some milliseconds when It boots first time The backlight lights up for some milliseconds while I open or close the lid when the lid is HP Pavilion DV4-1131TX Laptop screen light is not coming... opened at degrees There were no HP Pavilion DV4-1131TX Laptop screen light is not coming... signs of a display failure prior to it going black By the way I'm running Windows -bit i e running from past months Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-DV4-1131TX-Laptop-screen-light-is-not-coming/td-p/5639491
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi for the past couple of months I have been using my headphones as normal, and one day it started coming out of both headphones and speakers and has never changed back. I emailed Knowhow and they told me to download the latest audio update - which I have (with no success). I also did a PC refresh after speaking on the phone with knowhow (with no success). I have a HP Pavilion Sleek book 15-b050ea, Operating System: Windows 8 (64-bit)

If someone could give me a solution that would be great...

Thanks

A:Sound coming out of headphones and speakers - HP PAVILION SEEKBOOK - HELP!!

Download and manually install the latest audio drivers from HP.

Also, check the audio setup and ensure the headphones are selected as the default output device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-coming-out-of-headphones-and-speakers-hp-pavilion-seekbook-help.1120968/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hallo,
during the last weeks the audio quality output of my Inspiron 660 has got worse.
Either when I use the headphones or a speaker, both front panel or rear panel connected, it happens that the sound distorts, or switch mono to stereo and vice-versa, or it happens also that the volume go up and down or that. That  happens  with any kind of source (radio, youtube, audiofiles, spotify,...) and if I listen to the same source with my tablet or smartphone, sound is ok.
Drivers are updated.
I'm not an expert of pc stuffs, I'm just thinking to buy a new sound card.
What do you think, can someone help me?
Thank you
E.

A:Inspiron 660, Windows 10, Bad audio quality

Did you install this conexant audio driver dated 10/16/13?Audio_Driver_9VFXH_WN_8.50.12.0_A00.EXEYes, you could disable the onboard audio in the Bios- Advanced field and then add any PCIe x1 sound card to one of the three PCIe x1 motherboard slots.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/19996065
Relevancy 52.03%

when i try to record "what i hear" i have to uncheck the stereo mix mute in the options of the control panel of the drivers, but whats the problem.. when i record what i hear sound i got very low quality.. i tryed to record with differend extensions as mp3 and wav but the result is the same.. i think that the problem are the Realtek HD Audio Drivers so please help..

i use winxp home edition sp2 and for record focus mp3 recorder pro and fraps (get the same results)

thnx in advance, jREV

A:Realtek HD Audio Drivers: low quality

What is your computer's make and model? You can go to the manufacturer's support website and download and install the latest audio drivers. Is XP fully updated from Microsoft's Update website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-audio-drivers-low-quality.102570/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello forum,

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate(32-bit).I earlier had Windows XP Professional 32-bit OS and it was working perfectly.Since i installed Win 7..the quality of the audio is pretty bad(not so sharp,clear).I have an on board realtek audio chipset(mobo from intel).
I checked the speakers,the were perfectly ok.Any Help would be much apprtiated.

Thank you

A:Poor Audio Quality in Windows 7

Have you downloaded and installed the latest Realtek audio driver from Intel for your particular motherboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/156519-poor-audio-quality-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I m having an annoying problem using FRAPS to record footage from games the video works fine and the audio records I ve seen a lot of people having problems with FRAPS failing to record sound around the net but while playing back the recording the quality audio recordings Low FRAPS in quality of the audio is really bad and crackles often My sound card is integrated - a SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio - which I thought might be the problem but when I recorded and played back a song using the Windows Sound Recorder the quality was fine which makes me suspect it s a problem with FRAPS rather than my sound card Like I said my sound card is a SoundMax Integrated Digital HD Audio on a P B Deluxe Low quality audio in FRAPS recordings WiFi-AP motherboard I m using the registered version of Fraps the latest version as well as the latest sound drivers v for Windows XP bit Any assistance or ideas on how to fix the low quality of FRAPS s audio would be greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-quality-audio-in-fraps-recordings.96850/
Relevancy 52.03%

Since installing Windows 8, the audio quality in any MP4 files is distorted and echoes.

This happens regardless of what player I use to view them (You Tube, iTunes, Media Player). If I play a professional video in You Tube it is OK.

All other types of video are fine and all other sound output is fine.

If I transfer the same video to my HTC phone the sound quality is normal.

Can anyone help please????

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/14227-poor-quality-audio-mp4-videos.html
Relevancy 52.03%

The dell audio driver for the realtek soundcard in my laptop is very bad, it delivers a dull sound, with almost no bass and really loud on high frequencies.

In other thread someone suggested using windows native driver and that works but:
I use a p2 headset with mic and that does not work with windows driver (mic + audio in the same p2 pin)
Is there anyway to use windows native driver and make the headset mic work?

Why does dell release such a bad quality driver since the hardware is perfectly capable of delivery good sound? 

Thanks

A:Low quality audio inspiron 5437

hugorafael17Is there anyway to use windows native driver and make the headset mic work?
No.
hugorafael17The dell audio driver for the realtek soundcard in my laptop is very bad, it delivers a dull sound, with almost no bass and really loud on high frequencies.
If you have WavesMaxx make sure that is not the problem. It only works with the Realtek driver, not the native, so try disabling its settings.
Or you could try a driver directly from Realtek.
1.Go to the Realtek downloads selection page. www.realtek.com.tw/downloads2. On the page click on "High Definition Audio Codecs".3. Check "I accept" and then "next".4. (optional) In the column named "Description" find the file named README and download it. That has the instructions for installing or updating.5. In the column named "Description" select your operating system and whether it is 32bits or 64bits from the top 2 choices in the list.6. In the column named "Download" click on one of the server names to download the driver.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19677535
Relevancy 52.03%

My audio and video quality has recently gotten very bad. It keeps breaking up, stopping mid-stream and sound is terrible. This is for streaming and playing back music.

A:Poor audio/video quality

My audio and video quality has recently gotten very bad. It keeps breaking up, stopping mid-stream and sound is terrible. This is for streaming and playing back music.Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.I can understand your stress when things stop working as they should.I would like to offer you some assistance with your computer problem, but to make my job easier I would need to know some information about your computer.So introduce us please.Computer make and model number please.Video card and sound card information would be helpful as well.As much as I'd say your video may be an over heating problem, its not common for sound cards to act up, but just the same I have to ask when is the last time you performed any internal computer house keeping?If its been a while, I would suggest you open that computer up if it is a desktop type and inspect cooling fans and heat sinks for dust build up.If we're dealing with a laptop, those can still accumulate dust build up, a can of compressed air will sometimes do the trick with blowing out laptop computers.If you need further instructions please ask, help is a key stroke away.Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/338280/poor-audiovideo-quality/
Relevancy 52.03%

How is the audio quality over on lumia 950 and 950xl over headphones?Is it better that 1020 or older lumia phones?How does it compare with lg v10 for example which has a dedicated hi-fi dap?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435498-how-audio-quality-lumia-950-950xl.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I got Pavilion X2 three days ago. I installed needed drivers through HP assist. But whenever I listen to music with headphones, the audio quality becomes bad, lack of bass and clarity. I checked B&O play and the headphones setting is faded and it says device unplugged although I have plugged well. Is that audio driver problem? Or just the beo play software itself?

A:Headphone Audio Quality is Freakingly bad

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums!I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook and the sound quality not the greatest. You could try:1. Right click the Speaker icon in the bottom right corner by your time.2. Click Playback Devices.3. Click Speakers.4. Click properties.5. Click the advanced tab on the Properties window.6. Change the Default Format drop-down to the highest quality.7. Apply the properties.8. Click OK to close the properties window. Restart your Notebook and try the sound. If that does not help.Here is troubleshooting for this issue with Windows 10. Restart your Notebook.  Please let me know how this goes. You can say thanks easily by clicking the Thumbs Up below Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Headphone-Audio-Quality-is-Freakingly-bad/td-p/5617998
Relevancy 52.03%

Stereo mix IDT Hi Def audio bad quality sound recording The sound quality when recording Stereo Mix (IDT High Def) is really poor and "tinny" soundingAppreciate anyone with solution.

A:stereo mix IDT Hi Def audio bad quality sound

Hi @chris2001net, Thank you for joining the HP Forums!  I saw your post on how you are getting bad quality sound with your HP Envy 15-j144na Notebook. I am happy to help you with this issue!  Please try the steps within this guide, No Sound or Distorted Sound from Speakers (Windows 10). And, let me know the results!  If this, or any of the posts on this thread, has helped you to resolve the issue, please click on Accept as Solution on said post. To show that you 'like', or are thankful of my post, kindly click the thumbs up below. If there is anything else I can do to help, please be sure to let me know! Hope this guide helps, and thank you for posting!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/stereo-mix-IDT-Hi-Def-audio-bad-quality-sound/td-p/5569048
Relevancy 51.6%

Do Audio Video Cables Quality matter much?

for example with Coax i know the gold connectors worked better then silver connectors. So my question is do the cables red yellow and white connectors have high and low quality cables or they all the same. If they have high quality cables what are the names of them and where can i find them.

A:Do Audio Video Cables quality matter much?

Red,White audio RCA are much the same.
It's haveing and useing a SVHS video cable instead of Yellow RCA.
If your TV has it for VCR's etc.that have it out.
But it also depends where you are.This is a N American reply,not GB.
Add your location to your Profile.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-audio-video-cables-quality-matter-much.104072/
Relevancy 51.6%

so i was talking to a friend a week ago about tech stuff and he showed me his new issue Macbook Pro Notwithstanding some awful issues they do have he was amazed at the sound so Audio Windows notebook MBP that beats Quality? 15 I took a test drive I agree the speaker audio fidelity and quality is superb - the best I have heard on any notebook in the last years or so I have no idea what magic they did to get the volume range separation etc so well-executed in something that is as thin or thinner than say my zenbook ux awful embarassing audio Windows notebook that beats MBP 15 Audio Quality? But apple Windows notebook that beats MBP 15 Audio Quality? has experience anyone listened to the el cheapo first generation iPad Mini the audio volume and quality beats every notebook in the class and is on par with the newish Air which is better but not by much those who had the earlier ' models are stunned also they made huge improvement and really Windows notebook that beats MBP 15 Audio Quality? didn't say much about it in the specs etc released What Intel Microsoft notebook of comparable size can match it

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35406-windows-notebook-beats-mbp-15-audio-quality.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My audio sounds slightly distorted especially the high frequencies while listening to MP s at a normal listening volume and there s some air noise only when a song is playing A sound quality Poor card? audio - the Is it The Source CD had copy guard protection which distorts sound quality when transferred to a computer B The songs were recorded at too low of a quality because the person who made them was frugal with HDD space C The Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? sound card is of poor Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? quality and isn t quot rendering quot the sounds correctly If quot C quot is correct as I suspect what sound card would you recommend I listen to Music and watch DVD s on my system I m not really into Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card? gamming I m looking for high quality and willing to pay a little more for it I would like Dolby SS support I have heard that Audiogy SP is pretty good there s like different grades of it though so I m a bit unsure of which is right for me Any help is greatly appreciated as usual nbsp

A:Poor audio quality - Is it the sound card?

You probably can't go wrong with the Audigy cards or any of the middle to top end Sound Blasters. The cheaper SB's give distortions- that you may be experieincing- on some mother boards. I have a little machine in the bed room with one in there and the voices sound like robots many times.

Check out Turtle Beach. They have good cards for a little money and the sound control software is pretty cool. They usually ship with mixers and custom stuff in the software bundle. I have a old Quadzilla 2 in the game machine here and it's still kicking. This one doesn't do surround sound from the CD player but the new ones do. My neighbors can hear Godsmack from across the street when I wind this one up.

Bottom line. Stay with the well known sound guys and you should do ok without having to hire a research team to compare products. Be willing to drop a couple hundred geeta on a card and you'll be in business.

Don't forget to have good speakers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-audio-quality-is-it-the-sound-card.130721/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi to all channels.? without quality decrease losing How to audio seven forums hope all will be fine guys I extracted an audio from a mkv movie using mkv merge gui and this is the audio status Complete name The Green Hornet p BRRip mkv Format Matroska File size MiB Duration h mn Overall bit rate Kbps Encoded date UTC - - Writing application mkvmerge v 'Language' built on Mar Writing library libebml v libmatroska v Audio ID Format AC- Format Info Audio Coding Mode extension CM complete main Codec ID A AC Duration h mn Bit rate mode Constant How to decrease audio quality without losing channels.? Bit rate Kbps Channel s channels Channel positions Front L C R Side L R LFE Sampling rate KHz Stream size MiB Language English How to decrease audio quality without losing channels.? now I wanted to How to decrease audio quality without losing channels.? convert it in some lower bit rate which were exactly decreasing the size of it that is I wanted to do but the problem is if I convert it to any audio format it will be done with only channels audio I want to decrease some of its bitrates size like kbps or kbps with the channels plz guide me how I do that job

A:How to decrease audio quality without losing channels.?

To mess with more than two channels, you might actually have to pay for a program that can do it. I believe Nero has a wave editor that supports six channels in their multimedia packs. Sorry this isn't much help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/168984-how-decrease-audio-quality-without-losing-channels.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello nbsp As a musician I like to Poor All-In-One on quality Audio Microphone HP PC. 23-R115a use the Voice Recorder nbsp app in Windows to do quick recordings of musical inspiration when the moments presents Poor Microphone Audio quality on HP 23-R115a All-In-One PC. itself I then store these 'Draft' musical ideas into my professional Recording Software package Cakewalk Sonar X nbsp nbsp I have a HP -R a All-In-One PC Using the Poor Microphone Audio quality on HP 23-R115a All-In-One PC. following AMD High Definition Audio Device Audio Codec Realtek ALC -CG and I find that the audio quality of the resultant m a files are really bad quality and super lossy with heaps of compression artifacts nbsp It's important to note that nbsp he playback within Voice Recorder is crap from the outset nbsp so it's not the Cakewalk software nbsp Is there a way I can edit alter re-define the Microphone recording parameters nbsp I've tried changing the audio quality of nbsp these options nbsp in the Microphone properties via Control Panel as well as update the driver but there is no change to poor quality nbsp nbsp nbsp TIA

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Poor-Microphone-Audio-quality-on-HP-23-R115a-All-In-One-PC/td-p/5614527
Relevancy 51.6%

I have alot of mp4 music videos that I would like to convert to wav or flac. Can anyone recommend the best software for doing this on windows 8?

A:Best video to high quality audio converter

For free software try this (Format Factory 3.0.1) it dose almost every format.
Download link FormatFactory - CNET Download.com

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/16618-best-video-high-quality-audio-converter.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello guys In the other forum that I do participate I found a tutorial about the Realtek HD Quality! Sound Realtek HD Audio Improve Audio RHDA chipsets Making the long history Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality! short all RHDA have a paid driver for the Gigabyte mobos that makes then emulate a X-Fi sound card Of curse it is not a quality of a real X-Fi but I could see a small change in the sound quality The original post Apr Realtek R VIA HD Audio driver for X-Fi MB Software Can't believe how stupid some people Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality! are X-Fi MB is much like a Winamp audio enhancement plug-in and provides better effects than Realtek It does improve your sound experience However this is not a hardware upgrade does not improve RMAA tests and won't make the built-in DACs better Don't you believe me Get a loopback cable disable all effects configure the mixer accordingly and do the tests yourself If you still cannot understand this sorry for you Some people are so easy to cheat Read reviews learn and maybe some day you'll understand Finally the X-Fi MB costs way expensive for an audio plugin For Newegg you can buy an Audigy SE and enjoy incredibly better sound than a codec can provide EDIT for a good laugh Mussels Aussie Moderator TPU Forums quot Yes its true it wont do any hardware changes or any big upgrades but if you're changing the sound profile via EQ's and the equaliser i'm sure the RMAA results would change somewhat quot OMG LOL Do you even know what RMAA is for Please read all the docs at http audio rightmark org download shtml From RMAA manual quot For higher precision disable all equalizer D effects and such quot From X-Fi RMMA guide by Creative quot Disable All Effects including CMSS- D EAX -bit Crystalizer Graphic Equalizer THX Setup quot From Audigy ZS RMAA guide by Creative quot Disable All Effects including CMSS- D EAX Karaoke Equalizer THX Setup and Speaker Calibration quot Link to the first idea Realtek R X-Fi mod driver - techPowerUp Forums I hope you alll enjoy this as I do Cheers

A:Improve Realtek HD Audio Sound Quality!

The link doesn't works:

Please read all the docs at http://audio.rightmark.org/download.shtml.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/61048-improve-realtek-hd-audio-sound-quality.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I just bought a new laptop and tried the HDMI, but there is no audio and the image is poor.

It's an Asus X501A with Pentium 2020M Ivy Bridge and Intel HD Graphics.

I tried changing the output resolution, to tweak the audio properties, etc.

No success.

Any idea?

Thanks.

A:HDMI on TV no audio, poor quality image

Video and sound are separate, although both should be in the HDMI signal - IF THE PC Supports this.

When you plug in the HDMI cable most system will change the default audio playback device to HDMI. However, it sounds like yours is not doing this. With the HDMI cable plugged in, go to the Sound Panel, Playback section. the HDMI should be set as the default Playback device.

If you still cannot get HDMI audio, contact ASUS, since this is a new PC (or the place where you purchased it).

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/23985-hdmi-tv-no-audio-poor-quality-image.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello. Hoping someone can help me. Since upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 10, I've had audio problems. At first the audio quality was terrible (hissing, crackling) so I uninstalled and reinstalled my NVIDIA drivers. This fixed the problem but now I find that the audio quality gets worse over time. Once I reboot it goes back to pristine quality and that lasts a day or two but slowly the quality gets worse with more crackling. It's very annoying.

Any idea what's going on? Is it somehow tied to my RAM or some kind of cache that builds up over time?

I'm a noob so bear with me!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60018-progressively-worse-audio-quality-crackling.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I am running an AMD 2700+ on a MSI K7N2 Delta motherboard with 512mb of ram. Video Card is an ATI All in Wonder 9000. When I play a CD in either drive (Lite-on 52x24x52 CD Burner or Lite-on DVD-Rom ) The audio pops and scratches like I was playing a vinyl record on a phonograph. I tried different cd's and the same thing happens. All the CD's I tried were CD's I Bought in the store not burned. I checked all my sound settings and I enabled DMA on both CD-Roms and still the same thing. I disconnected the analog audio cables inside the computer to see if that was the problem and no luck. Any suggestions????

Thanks in advance

Carl

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cd-audio-quality-poor-when-playing-on-computer.243918/
Relevancy 51.6%

ok this problem has been plaging me for years. I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro U400 windows 8.1.

The sound quality is awful.
As far as I can remember is it bad in windows 7.

Contextant driver is bad and so is windows 8.1 generic driver.

please help

A:Satellite Pro U400 - audio quality not good

To be honest, I have no idea what you mean exactly by ?quality is awful?.
I owned an Satellite U400 notebook is the past and I have to say that the sound quality was good enough.

The Satellite U400 is a small 13.3? notebook and the speakers were fitted to the notebook dimensions.
The Conexant sound chip is part of the motherboard and you will not be able to replace it.

If you want to use another sound card, you can try to use an external USB audio interface.
I use such external sound solution for my home recording studio.

The audio interface is connected to notebook?s USB port and the external speakers are commenced to the external audio interface.

By the way: Satellite U400 isn't is the list of Win 8.1 supported notebooks... so you will not find any Win 8.1 drivers for this unit on Toshiba driver website.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81141-Satellite-Pro-U400-audio-quality-not-good
Relevancy 51.6%

Checking my audio quality levels, I noticed my default setting was 24bit 48000hz (studio quality.) Is that a setting I should continue using?

The only sound output device i'm using are only a pair of Skullcandy ear phones, in-regards to that i'm assuming such a level isn't needed for playback.

So can anyone recommend me a level I should use that will be the most appropriate for my earphones?

Please respond as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance.
-Arcturus Fyr

A:The audio quality I need for video and game playback.

That's very dificult to say, it depends on to many factors. From how sensitive your ears are to how detailed sound in games is. It could be different in different games. Best thing is to keep lowering until it's unsatisfactory for you. I don't think it matters a lot to game's performance, if that's what concerns you. Those settings for sound are all "up to", if something is recorded in low format, no settings in reproduction are going to make it better.

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/47360-audio-quality-i-need-video-game-playback.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Straight Forward, my internet it terrible,
we use sky broadband and we pay for 15mbs or 25mbs, I don't know which one but the speeds I am getting is nowhere near even 15mbs
Please see attached for the internet speedtests...
My room is the furthest in the house and only has one plug in the whole room (I cannot use ethernet because it needs its own socket) which my computer is using
So I have a netgear wireless adapter, nearly all the time my internet is 1.5 ish mb but sometimes it goes basically to 0, the thing which is weird is how my phone
gets 10mbs as you will see in attached but the computer (at this moment in time) it getting nothing, is there any way to increase the speed and I will try anything anyone asks
because I cannot do anything with this internet, even when it is at its best at 1.5..

A:Terrible, Terrible Internet Speeds

Not my IP by the way

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601782/terrible-terrible-internet-speeds/
Relevancy 50.74%

I apologize but you will most likely first notice how long this opening post is I've dealt with BSOD for quite a while now and I've decided to search for help So I've come to you guys I've done a lot of research on the problem so I'll throw out some of my ideas The Problem I can't seem to play semi-graphic intensive video games for no longer than minutes games appreciated terrible The terrible BSOD... help such as Counter-strike source BF Half-life The terrible terrible BSOD... help appreciated etc My computer will freeze momentarily go black and then proceed to the Blue screen It used to be that I would recieve an quot IRQ not less than or equal quot error but now my BSOD crashes remain just blue no error codes 'nuttin' Now when I play less intensive graphic games such as regular Counter-strike I can go for a few hours before it crashes Some Ideas Heat Because my computer The terrible terrible BSOD... help appreciated seems to do a bit better on less graphic intense games I'm wondering whether it may be a heat issue More stress more heat less time till BSOD I'm not sure I'm not a computer guru but I know a little Here are my The terrible terrible BSOD... help appreciated temps CPU C F - C under stress MB C F Voltage Power I did some research and I learned maybe that power could play a part in problems with BSOD My PS is one that came with my computer case and I believe it is w It's not the greatest in the world Idk if i could be gettin too little power and the games may cause it to crash Here are my volts V a little off why is it so high V V VCore IRQ conflicts I do have some IRQ conflicts and I don't know how to change them And guess what one of them happens to be with my ati pro vidcard Idk if this will help but here is some information IRQ System timer OK IRQ Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard OK IRQ Communications Port COM OK IRQ Communications Port COM OK IRQ Standard floppy disk controller OK IRQ System CMOS real time clock OK IRQ Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK IRQ NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management OK IRQ MPU- Compatible MIDI Device OK IRQ Numeric data processor OK IRQ NVIDIA nForce ATA Controller v OK IRQ NVIDIA nForce ATA Controller v OK IRQ Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster OK IRQ Creative SB Audigy ZS WDM OK IRQ OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller OK IRQ RADEON PRO OK IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK IRQ NVIDIA R nForce TM Audio Codec Interface OK IRQ Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller OK IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK IRQ NVIDIA R nForce TM MCP Audio Processing Unit OK IRQ OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller OK Conflicts I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA nForce AGP Host to PCI Bridge I O Port x C - x DF RADEON PRO IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller IRQ NVIDIA R nForce TM Audio Codec Interface IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller IRQ NVIDIA R nForce TM MCP Audio Processing Unit IRQ OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller IRQ Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System IRQ NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF NVIDIA nForce AGP Host to PCI Bridge Memory Address xD - xDFFFFFFF RADEON PRO IRQ OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller IRQ RADEON PRO Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA nForce AGP Host to PCI Bridge Memory Address xA - xBFFFF RADEON PRO I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA nForce AGP Host to PCI Bridge I O Port x B - x BB RADEON PRO I O Port x C - x CFFF NVIDIA nForce AGP Host to PCI Bridge I O Port x C - x CFFF RADEON PRO MY SYSTEM AMD XP Barton ASUS a n x-e deluxe mobo bios ATI pro mb latest catalyst drivers Audigy ZS soundcard latest drivers g WD rpm HD Windows XP home SP with latest updates couple of extra case fans I have updated drivers rolled back drivers etc THANK YOU ALL who have taken the time to read this and actually attempt to help me out on this one Again I'm sorry this was so long but I like to make an impressi... Read more

A:The terrible terrible BSOD... help appreciated

Hi Ben,

Take a look on the side of your power supply and tell us the brand name, wattage, and how many amps on each rail. That should help because you have some things on your power supply that don't seem quite correct.

Also, just for kicks, download this free program and tell us the temps, the voltages, and the fan speeds. That should help:

SensorView Pro

http://www.stvsoft.com/download.php?id=122

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/the-terrible-terrible-bsod-help-appreciated-109297.html