Windows Support Forum

web cam migrated after win10 anniversary upgrade

Q: web cam migrated after win10 anniversary upgrade

Web cam not working after upgrade w10 anniversary. Driver log reports "migrated". Does Acer have a web cam driver for S7 394 notebook that I can reinstall or do I have to get it from Sunyin?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/web-cam-migrated-after-win10-anniversary-upgrade/td-p/461461
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: web cam migrated after win10 anniversary upgrade

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 81.7%

I downloaded the upgrade by means of the "Windows10UpgraderApp", it completed the initial check and the whole download. At the second restart the installation got stuck at 32%. Switching off the pc, the previous release was automatically restored in few minutes.
It's an almost powerful laptop. I have large amount of RAM and HD space available. The current version is 1511, build SO 10586.589

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440311-why-my-win10-upgrade-anniversary-get-stuck.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I Install, F6 Sound Upgrade After Mut... Anniversary Win10 No 1st saw the other thread about the missing Beats Audio Control Panel but nbsp I also have one other problem in addition to that The light on the mute function key F no longer works After Win10 1st Anniversary Upgrade Install, No F6 Sound Mut... nbsp When I press it it will mute the sound but the light does not go on nbsp I getthe display confirmation X showing that the sound has been muted when pressed but the light does nothing So I don't know if the sound is muted or not without pressing the F button or adjusting the sound with the F F keys nbsp As a note my F does show the two different colors for whether or not the notebook is in airplane mode so it's limited to the F audio key nbsp I followed the instructions for getting the Beats Audio Control Panel back but nbsp I did not have any luck by deleting and letting it reinstall my audio driver nbsp I also did the step of downloading and installing the chipset driver nbsp No difference came from either nbsp My sound overall seems fine from the speakers but I know I'm not getting the benefit of the Beats Audio Control Panel I also have a mute light that no longer works nbsp Both were just fine before installing the Win st Anniversary Update nbsp Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the F mute light back and also any additional steps to try in order to get the Beats Audio Control panel back nbsp I'm more concerned and interested in getting my F mute light back nd working nbsp The Beats Audio isn't a critical issue to me but I wanted to mention it nbsp I'd really appreciate the help nbsp I'm just glad I have decent sound that is good enough for online training still nbsp This could be a total nightmare otherwise nbsp I just want my mute light back and would really like the Beats Control Panel working again

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/After-Win10-1st-Anniversary-Upgrade-Install-No-F6-Sound-Mute/td-p/5763748
Relevancy 78.69%

Ok this app called TIMVision - something like Netflix for says compatible but Not migrated gets Win10 from w/ W8.1 App the italian broadband provider - says it's compatible with WP and W Mobile but only App says Not compatible w/ Win10 but gets migrated from W8.1 with Windows on PC No App says Not compatible w/ Win10 but gets migrated from W8.1 Win PC version offered When picking from my previous library of the Win store on a brand new device Win Home bit it says it's not compatible infact and the Store don't even show it while searching BUT On another device that came with and I upgraded yesterday to Win well the app got migrated and App says Not compatible w/ Win10 but gets migrated from W8.1 - partially I may say - is working I was expecting it totally not functioning because I know it uses silverlight as the streaming platform and I suspect it got deprecated in Win Still even without Silverlight installed the app runs and I could see some movies streamed THEN THE QUESTION Is it possible to get the hands on the appx package officially from the store and try to deploy it via PowerShell on the other device the one that came directly with W I am the owner of the license for both the machines as they share the same MSA I'd use Edge for using the steaming service in the browser but as I said this thing works with obsolete Silverlight so no avail The only way is using IE but it's such a mess using that thing in Tablet Mode the site itself TIMvision film e serie tv in streaming - senza interruzioni pubblicitarie TIMvision is so badly coded that you can't even open the Search box without the use of a hovering mouse in IE It's incredible Win can have more apps than Win compatible But that's how the developers react to the changes

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/48862-app-says-not-compatible-w-win10-but-gets-migrated-w8-1-a.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Dell has decided to abandon a lot of its customer base with its decision to not support the Win10 Anniversary update (1607). I have an XPS 8300 that is not supported. I suppose the only recourse for those of us who are to be treated this way is to abandon Dell as a supplier. No issue with my HP laptops (with older technology) or with my HP desktop.
Thanks, Dell. It is not exactly what one might expect from a business that is customer-focused.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19994194
Relevancy 61.92%

I have repeatedly encountered Win10 Envy 860-1... to 10240 14393 Win10 Failed Upgrade From on a failures in trying to upgrade Win from version to the current version I used Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... the Windows Upgrade exe program - failed I used the MediaCreationTool to download the iso and create a bootable DVD for upgrade - failed Created virtual drive for the iso to upgrade - failed The normal Windows Update function appears to work properly - I get windows and other updates on the usual time basis The relevant files for diagnosing what went wrong seem to be A The WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setupact logB The WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setuperr logC There are also small files with these same names in the WINDOWS WS Sources Panther folder i e another setupact log and setuperr log Here is the file WINDOWS BT Sources Panther setupact log - - Info SP CSetupPlatform Initialize Setup log starts - - Info SP Host system information VM NOFirmware type UEFIManufacturer HPModel - stBIOS name A BIOS version A BIOS release date Total memory Number of physical CPUs Number of logical CPUs Processor manufacturer GenuineIntelProcessor name Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHzProcessor caption Intel Family Model Stepping Processor architecture x Processor Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... clock - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Basic - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources reagent admx - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint Upgrade From Win10 10240 to Win10 14393 Failed on Envy 860-1... is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Basic incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint Servicing x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Servicing - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources compatprovider dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Servicing incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint ICB x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint ICB - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources cmi migxml dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint ICB incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info SPGenerateCopyListFromConfigFile Didn't find file list in C Windows WS Sources setupplatform cfg section Footprint Migration x - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Starting verification of footprint section Footprint Migration - - Info SPVerifyFootprint Could not find footprint file C Windows WS Sources cmi migxml dll - - Info SPVerifyFootprint The requested footprint is not present - - Warning SPGetFootprintCapabilities Footprint Footprint Migration incomplete the platform capability will not be available - - Info Initializing diagnostics helper data file NULL - - Info No existing diagnostics data - - Info Key CollectTrace is not available - - Warning SP CSetupPlatform Initialize Failed to initialize tracing - - Info There is already a running setup user mode etw session - - Info VDS available - - Info Key CollectTrace is not available - - Info SP Attempting to resurrect a new system from C Windows BT Sources - - Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL tring enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBC... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Upgrade-From-Win10-10240-to-Win10-14393-Failed-on-Envy-860/td-p/5749396
Relevancy 61.92%

Updated yesterday to Anniversary Update. My PC worked AoK for about an hour and then the Desktop stopped working. The mouse pointer still moved around, but will not activate the start menu, or any applications. Resorted to a hard re-boot. After that, Win-AU would work for 15 seconds before going cold again (start menu + keyboard unresponsive, mouse pointer moves open windows but will not activate icons).

So I reverted to the previous version and so far so good. Any one else have this problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/58869-win10-anniversary-update-woes.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I Have been using IE 11 since its inception; no real complaints (until now) and since I'm used to it I dread having to change. Since the Windows Anniversary Update IE 11 is a total nightmare. I may as well just throw my laptop away since I can't do anything on it. Yahoo Mail does not recognize IE11 anymore since the update ( I had to adjust the compatibility view settings in order to be able to keep the latest version of Yahoo Mail); of course it took me several day to find this fix after hours of researching the internet!). I realize that anyone using IE11 is experiencing problems (freezing/crashing) and it is beyond frustrating. I don't have time for all it's problems.How long can we expect a fix by Microsoft or am I better to just switch browsers? If I must switch to an other browser, any recommendations are appreciated.

A:Which browser is best to use in Win10 Anniversary Update?

If you are using windows10 it comes with the Edge browser, so I wonder why you are using IE11? I encourage you to use the Firefox browser. Its very user friendly and has excellent performance.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/which-browser-is-best-to-use-in-win10-anniversary-update/736.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,
I have been trying unsuccessfully to get my phone's notifications to appear on my Surface Pro 3 with windows 10 Anniversary Update. My phone is an old Nokia Lumia 810 running Windows Phone 8.1 Update. I have triple-checked and my phone and surface are tied to the same MS account. Both devices show up in my devices list on my Microsoft account. Both devices are set to sync.
On my Surface, in setting, notifications, Phone does not appear in the list of notification senders.
So, is it necessary that I have a windows 10 capable phone to be able to share the notifications between my Surface and my Phone?
Thanks for the assistance,
Ron

A:Win10 Anniversary and phone notifications

I think it is because of some features depreciation in AU. Maybe this forum will help you- http://windowscentral.com/3-ways-dis...-pc-windows-10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/436153-win10-anniversary-phone-notifications.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Updated yesterday to Anniversary Update. My PC worked AoK for about an hour and then the Desktop stopped working. The mouse pointer still moved around, but will not activate the start menu, or any applications. Resorted to a hard re-boot. After that, Win-AU would work for 15 seconds before going cold again (start menu + keyboard unresponsive, mouse pointer moves open windows but will not activate icons).

So I reverted to the previous version and so far so good. Any one else have this problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/58869-win10-anniversary-update-woes.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello,
I have installed Windows 10 Anniversary update. I thought I would give phone notifications a shot. However, my windows phone doesn't appear in the list of apps in Settings/Notifications. Both my phone and Surface pro 3 are listed in my account devices online at account.microsoft.com.
Does anyone know how I can get my Surface to see and show my phone notifications?
Sorry if this is a really dumb question or something that's been answered before. I didn't find anything similar when I searched on the topic.
Thanks

A:Win10 Anniversary but no phone notifications

have you already enabled sync on cortana settings?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434127-win10-anniversary-but-no-phone-notifications.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I'm so impressed by this little notebook Win10 Anniversary the my in Update loaded Just Int... so I wanted to see if anyone else is still using the old S Bought mine in the end of and I've used it almost every day since It only rested for a year or so when I bought a used G The G is giving Just loaded the Win10 Anniversary Update in my Int... up so it will be replaced today Just loaded the Win10 Anniversary Update in my Int... When Windows became available for free I revived the little sucker and yesterday I loaded the Anniversary Update Took a while okay no double that three times So how am I using my S today It's only use is as a network music player I made Win as small as possible and have Spotify and the media player Winyl External sound card is Sound Blaster X-Fi HD which is connected to my amplifier Some Creative software is also installed Firefox Anti Virus Defragment Tool and a Cleaner some inevitable stuff C is only Gb Oh yes I'm connecting remotely to it with Teamviewer so that is installed as well Digital Audiophiles would probably recommend Server or similar but this works perfect for me nbsp Any other S out there alive and kicking Ideapad S Intel Gb RAM Gb HDD

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Just-loaded-the-Win10-Anniversary-Update-in-my-Intel-S12-Yup-it/td-p/3400380
Relevancy 61.49%

This is the 3rd major upgrade/update and each time I have had to re-install printer, drivers, etc. All steps have been taken again this time, with tech support and on my own. Documents are sitting in the print queue, but my printer will not print them.

I am not the only person in this situation; and we are tired of explaining that we know what the steps are, and have done them all several times. Hours have been spent on this matter, and I am fed up. Can this matter be escalated past the Windows 10 tech support?

A:Anniversary Update Win10 printer not working

This is not a Microsoft 10 issue. When MS does a major update, manufacturers must also update their drivers for the new OS.
What is the make and model# of your Printer?
First, go to Start/Devices and Printers. Is there more then one of your printers listed? If so, right click and Remove Device of any duplicated or greyed out printers that are no longer on your system. Highlight your existing printer and choose See What's Printing, go to toolbar to Document/Cancel. Cancel all documents in the queue.
Once the queue is cleared, right click the printer and Remove Device
NowGo to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc, right click the devmgmt results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Device Manager, expand Printers, right click your Printer and Uninstall it. Now remove the USB cable from the computer end.
Now, go to Start/Search and type appwiz.cpl and press enter. In Programs and Features, uninstall any printer, scanner software you have.
Restart the computer. When the computer comes back up, go to the printer manufacturers support/download drivers web site. type in your make and model# and download the latest printer driver for your model.
During the install, it will tell you when to plug in the USB cable to the computer. Do not do this until it tells you to, Once the printer is installed and it prints, go back to Devices and Printers. Right click the printer and make it the Default Printer, so it has a check next to it. Agree you don't want Windows to manage which printer is the Default.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/68242-anniversary-update-win10-printer-not-working.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Woke up to my computer updating to windows 10 anniversary update, thought ok whatever. after starting a game and alt tabbing out to do a few things. i get back in and notice the screen is frozen but the game is still running, you can still interact with everything and hit the pause menu but the screen is still showing a frozen image. Does this for every game

Already tried uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics driver.

Any ideas why?

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/64741-after-win10-anniversary-update-games-look-frozen-but-they-not.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Any ideas? I was told this update would fix the autroation issues, but not on my machine. Are there new drivers I am missing? I don't see anything on the Lenovo site that was published after last summer...  Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Installed-Anniversary-Update-for-Win10-and-Yoga-2-pro-still-will/td-p/3437494
Relevancy 61.49%

I downloaded the Win10 US english x64 ISO (which has both Pro and Home in it) off links mentioned on official MS windows blog, where you go to "Get Windows 10" link then download the media creation tool to get the ISO.
My question is: what's the checksum (SHA-1 and/or SHA-256) of the ISO created/downloaded by the tool? It does not match the SHA-1 checksum mentioned on MSDN website so I'm guessing (hoping) the ISO may be updated since then.
The values I'm getting are as follows - can anyone else confirm?
SHA-1 : e53b1f0c0080d347f5f418e757d53c6175f09f02
SHA-256 : 1cd9dd818a8ab91493dcef6e3d67d853057e360a6985b3259de8cc8317781029

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434002-checksums-win10-anniversary-update-v1607-iso.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all Is it now still impossible to disable updates on Win on a wired connection for Windows Home OR Windows Pro The reason I am asking is because our internet at our workplace which I manage does not have a very high bandwidth connection and several W machines downloading updates at the same time will choke the connection A search yields nothing but maybe some of you more savvy H ers may have done the impossible As of right now I have a few W PRO machines that I can set to disable updates by turning off automatic updates in the group policy editor Unfortunately on a test unit running the anniversary update turning off automatic updates in the group policy editor no longer seems to work My only current option seems to be running an un-updated version of Win Pro and disabling automatic updates before the thing updates itself to the anniversary edition We have some computer units coming in that come bundled with Windows Home -- don t want to waste money upgrading to PRO just for this purpose As of right now getting my hands on older copies of Windows is not an option as is running Linux for some of these machines we already run Ubuntu on most of our machines here at work Thank you for any inputs nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/disabling-win10-updates-anniversary-edition.1909618/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi
Checking update history shows no errors, just the update waiting to be installed.
Here's what happens: update goes all the way through to the end, then it hangs with a black screen with the little dots going round and will sit like that for as long as I'll let it. There's no hard drive activity during this period.
When I eventually get bored of waiting, I do a hard reboot and the previous version is reinstated.
Any ideas how to move on from this?

A:Win10 Anniversary Update fails, but no error code.

To update to anniversary update and face minimum bugs or none use media creation tool by Microsoft. By personal experience it is the best way to upgrade to anniversary update.
you could download the media creation tool here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=3lPiByUm
Here is a knowledge article on How to by Windows Central: Use the Microsoft media creation tool to force the Windows 10 Anniversary Update today | Windows Central
At present you could try disabling any Antivirus. Disconnect any external devices you don't need and retry installing.
If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444193-win10-anniversary-update-fails-but-no-error-code.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Both my Win machines updated themselves to the anniversary update over the weekend and now both Anniversary Update? tag/list in Win10 broken Network are exhibiting an annoying problem In Windows Explorer the network entry in the left hand pane used to be able to display a list of machines on my home network if I clicked on the expand arrow beside it Since the update however that seems to be broken the list there doesn't show up any more if you click to expand Selecting the Network tag itself still brings up the summary screen in the main right hand pane showing the machines on the network and all machines are accessible by directly typing their names in the bar at the top devicenamehere for example Has anyone else experienced this and does anyone know if there is a fix that can be done to re-enable the functionality I presume as the expansion arrow is still there that the list should still be accessible and this isn't a removed feature Network tag/list broken in Win10 Anniversary Update?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/440832-network-tag-list-broken-win10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I didn't have a choice to update to the anniversary update. Following the update - the screen doesn't always refresh very well - sometimes there is gobblygook when switching windows.I have a 2560x1440 display.

A:Win10 Anniversary update - display refresh issue

bericade Just like the original Upgrade, this new Update tends to work the worst when it is done through Windows Update. What might work, in your case, is something known as a Repair-Install.  This is the least destructive of all the Windows recovery functions and rewrites the Windows system files, including the drivers, leaving your data, settings, and applications intact.To do this, you will need to use the link to download Win10 installation media and either burn a DVD or create a USB stick: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/media-creation-tool-install?ocid=ms_wol_win10Note that when you go do download and build install media, the tool defaults to matching what is already installed on your PC (as in, Home for Home, 64-bit for 64-bit).  Make sure you select the same version as needed for your PC. If you do not, the resulting media will be different and will force you to enter a NEW product code!Once you have that media, follow the instructions in the link:  http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.htmlGood Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Win10-Anniversary-update-display-refresh-issue/td-p/5775508
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an HP Envy 15 laptop running Win 10, and a few days ago the sound just cut out. I've tried the usual reinstallation of both the IDT HD audio driver and the generic Windows audio driver, as well as finding the latest drivers on the HP website, to no avail. On the occasional restart, I have sound briefly upon boot for about 10 seconds, then it disappears. There seem to be other effects too: volume control in the taskbar seems to be very slow and laggy to respond to mouse clicks, and the control panel sound window also lags. When I test the speakers in the control panel, the volume bars light up as usual, and troubleshooting seems to indicate nothing wrong with my audio, despite there being no sound.

Really frustrated as there seems to be nothing else I can do, anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/61542-win10-anniversary-update-no-sound-driver-problem-something-else.html
Relevancy 60.63%

So after the Anniversary Anniversary internet - after 3543 Win10 Inspiron No Update update I have no internet nbsp Both Wifi and Eithernet show as quot Connected - No Internet quot nbsp Windows Troubleshooter says I have quot A problem with the driver quot nbsp I ve updated the drivers I ve put old drivers back in and no luck nbsp I ve even tried different USB wifi adapters with both the supplied drivers and the built in Win drivers and no luck there either nbsp I can Inspiron 3543 - No internet after Win10 Anniversary Update t go back to an earlier build the option is not Inspiron 3543 - No internet after Win10 Anniversary Update there nbsp I tried a restore point and the computer f ailed to boot and I had to restore some system files from another Win computer using a Linux boot disk I m assuming I can t refresh Windows as I ll still be on the Anniversary Update Is there any chance Dell will release updated drivers nbsp I see that this PC is NOT in their compatibility list Is there any known solution to this other than a full recovery from the recovery partition Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994386
Relevancy 60.2%

After the Windows 10 Anniversary Update was installed on my Windows 10 Pro, .RDP files won't open. Remote Desktop still works if you open it manually and enter in the server info. But my saved .RDP files won't open. Also, right clicking on them and selecting edit also does not work. Nothing happens. I even opened Remote Desktop connection, entered in the server info manually and clicked Save As. That shortcut also won't work. Any ideas on what's wrong? Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/58427-rdp-files-wont-open-remote-desktop-after-win10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Bluetooth on my M3800 has gone missing after the Win10 anniversary update. Under device manager, bluetooth only shows up if "show hidden devices" is selected. I have tried updating/re-installing the drivers, but it doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992374
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all Could really use some help diagnosing BSOD that started with specific windows issue? driver Win10 - Anniversary Updates BSOD causing updates and is forcing me to continue to use a restore point of The following updates were downloaded and attempt to install with every startup Cumulative Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Cumulative Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Update for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows Version for x -based Systems KB The system will start and show landing page it connects to wifi and when trying to sign in goes to BSOD If you leave landing page it will BSOD after about seconds The error message is an APC Index Mismatch issue nbsp I looked in the event log and think these are the relevant items The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x ffe a e x x xffffb fc Win10 Anniversary Updates causing BSOD - driver issue? b A dump was saved in C WINDOWS MEMORY DMP Report Id a b-c e - ca- eff- ca b e Intel R Management Engine Interface driver has failed to perform handshake with the Firmware I ve been posting back and forth over at the MS community but thus far just being told to do the standard collect dmps and post hoping Win10 Anniversary Updates causing BSOD - driver issue? someone here might be able to assist in resolving System Specs Dell Venue vProDual Intel i - Y Ghz G RAM Storage bit OS Windows Pro Version OS build Log Files Win10 Anniversary Updates causing BSOD - driver issue? and Sys file nbsp https drv ms u s AiJvkB rIkmoirXtG yC ojosbU older files are initial pulls nd set with Nov date were collected after running driver verifier Of note - looking at device manager the Intel Management Interface now has an error icon wasn t there before the above updates downloaded Attempted to roll back the driver but it s the original Tried to update the driver but it fails to intall device cannot start code I haven t yet run memtest - nbsp If anyone could provide info guidance I d be very appreciative Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19997141
Relevancy 59.34%

Battery charges fully as normal yet the indicator stops at 80%. Unplugging and using the battery power the indicator stays at 80% for a long period of time until the battery gets below the 80% mark then the indicator functions as normal.
Restarting the tablet the indicator boots to show 100% yet doesn't change until battery power gets to 80%.
Any help on fixing this would be greatly appreciated.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437123-win10-anniversary-battery-works-great-indicator-reads-incorrect.html
Relevancy 59.34%

We re on G LTE Verizon unlimited plan as our internet only real option for us Even tho pc's and with limited ? on Anniversary update data, help home updates deploying Need Win10 to due it s quot Unlimited Need help with deploying Win10 updates on home pc's due to limited data, and Anniversary update ? I guess now theyu are canceling acct s for going over GB per month so I Need help with deploying Win10 updates on home pc's due to limited data, and Anniversary update ? m ultra paranoid now about exceeding this cap I have kids and in total we have pc s in our home of which run Win With the recent anniversary update it was going to be a GB download for each of the Win pc s which would have been over GB of data just in windows updates So I figured out how to put the updates on quot hold quot via metered connection My question is if I download the win anniversary at work and use the media creation tool is that effectively a NEW OS being installed and keeping previous files similar to how computers updating from Win to Is it possible to install onto a clean HD the Anniversary update using a Win key Also in regards to future small weekly updates I remember I could download Windows and I believe updates onto a usb stick and take them home to deploy I haven t seen this with Win in my searches Is it still possible to download these updates for Win to a memory device for multiple computer deployment nbsp

https://hardforum.com/threads/need-help-with-deploying-win10-updates-on-home-pcs-due-to-limited-data-and-anniversary-update.1907379/
Relevancy 59.34%

Prior to the update my computer never froze, suddenly one day after the update it happens non-stop.I Google and found out a lot of people are affected.Is there anyone that can help me so I do not need to wipe my computer...

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158277.0.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Prior to the update my computer never froze, suddenly one day after the update it happens non-stop.
I Google and found out a lot of people are affected.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627705/win10-anniversary-updateversion-1607-has-my-pc-freezing-in-normal-boot-help/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have the Dell Inspiron non-touch and was able to install the Windows Anniversary Update today after a long session of sitting though Windows Updates Everything seemed to work fine except that I had to uninstall my antivirus Symantec Endpoint Protection No biggie I ll just reinstall it after the update I think it also said that the Intel WiDi Re-Installation Antivirus Win10 After Anniversary + 7559 Update Boot Not Does Dell Inspiron drivers had to be uninstalled as well which it did automatically Dell Inspiron 7559 Does Not Boot After Win10 Anniversary Update + Antivirus Re-Installation but that was all that Dell Inspiron 7559 Does Not Boot After Win10 Anniversary Update + Antivirus Re-Installation happened during that process So I attempt to do so and I was able to install it via the Dell Inspiron 7559 Does Not Boot After Win10 Anniversary Update + Antivirus Re-Installation msi file the exe file wouldn t work for some reason and the computer begins to reboot Constantly The laptop would freeze somewhere from when the login screen appears to a couple minutes after that It would hang for a couple minutes then reboot It rebooted enough times for it to go to the Windows recovery options I just told it to restart so that I could tell it to boot into safe mode on the next bootup shift-click restart when I got inside Windows It works and I then tell it to boot into safe mode Now my laptop won t boot at all It won t go past the Dell logo I can enter the BIOS and the boot options menu as well as load the ePSA diagnostics tool and have the tests pass no errors But it won t get past the Dell logo after this It doesn t restart flash lights or anything like that Just hangs on the Dell logo How can I resolve this issue

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990334
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello,

I received the free win 10 upgrade from an invitation to reserve the upgrade. The other day, a Ransomware hit me, and though I believe I may have immediately tracked & deleted all affected files I could find, I hardly believe I could be so skilled as to be successful.

I had this happen last year, and ended up formatting the unit, and reloading Win 7. I don't want to have to go back to 7, but how do I get another Win 10? Is there a key I need to find & save? A free site that I can get a copy on a flash drive to load from? Any help would be appreciated. I have no clue how to proceed since it's an online download, and once formatted, the unit won't be able to get online without the OS

Thanks

A:I have Win10 from upgrade, must reformat PC. How do I get Win10 again?

you can download the newest build of windows 10 > http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

boot from the setup media - remove every partition (wipe) the HDD

and clean install widows 10

since you already had win7 and windows 10 on that PC - if asked for product key - just skip that screen

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/32366-i-have-win10-upgrade-must-reformat-pc-how-do-i-get-win10-again.html
Relevancy 57.19%

first time upgrade windows phone lumia 640 xl to windows 10 mobile after 9 th august can i received anniversary update version?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434534-first-time-upgrade-windows-10-mobile-anniversary-upgrade-can-received.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I ve had some minor issues ever since I updated to Windows in July but now it s serious For days in a row I ve woken up to a frozen XPS I got updates including nbsp nbsp on Sep These are related to the Windows Anniversary Update The last nightly event in Event Viewer is - System - Provider Name ESRV SVC WILLAMETTE - EventID Qualifiers Level Task Keywords x - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Channel ESRV SVC WILLAMETTE Computer Charles-Dell Security - EventData Auto-Destruct WATCHDOG The description for Event ID from source ESRV SVC WILLAMETTE cannot be found Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted You can install or repair the component on the local computer If the event originated on another computer the display information had to be saved with the event The following information was included with the event Auto-Destruct WATCHDOG This thread nbsp suggests Intel Driver Update Utility IDUU is the culprit and it should be removed I m coming here for a second opinion Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19993406
Relevancy 54.18%

I am not sure if I have win 8.1 pro or win 8.1Says 8.1 pro in mscinfo but doesnt allow me to install win 8.1 pro features. Anyway that is not the issue I am writing about. Issue is , I had my laptop crashed 1 month after I installed Win 10. it required HD replacement by HP, at which stage I was told not to ugrade to win 10 as my laptop will not handle it. My Question is:free upgrade to wn 10 ends soon.what happens when my OS will no longer be supported by MSWhat is actually the problem that causes HP notebooks to crash? Is there a feature in win 10 that can be turned off to avoid causing the crash?Atleast we can keep up with the updates!! Need some help to understand what the actual issue is and if there has been some workaround found by now.SD

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Win10-upgrade-deadline-arrived-cannot-upgrade-what-next/td-p/5688369
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update.

(1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone and

(2) All of my Microsoft Update History is also missing.

Could the update be the cause of both?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

A:Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

Yes, the update is the cause of both.

Major version upgrades like this change so much functionality, they often have to reset various settings to default so that they are in a known good state. Unfortunately, many have complained about the System Restore option being reset to Disabled (this is the Windows default).

As for your previous restore points, that's to be expected. You can't restore to a previous restore point on a previous OS version. All the baseline files are different, and you would be restoring settings for the old OS if you were to somehow be able to restore it.

Think of it like a Bookmark or favorite, but they've moved the location to a different URL. Restoring the old favorite only points you to somewhere that doesn't exist anymore.

As for #2, your update history is gone because again, it's a fresh OS, and previous updates are all integrated into the OS now, not patches. Those old updates don't apply to the new OS anymore.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/59127-update-history-missing-after-win10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi,

I just downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Anniversary Update yesterday and so far I have noticed some changes in my computer that I was not aware of before the update.

(1) Somehow my System Restore was set to Disabled and all of my restore points are now gone and

(2) All of my Microsoft Update History is also missing.

Could the update be the cause of both?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever

A:Update History missing after Win10 Anniversary Update

Yes, the update is the cause of both.

Major version upgrades like this change so much functionality, they often have to reset various settings to default so that they are in a known good state. Unfortunately, many have complained about the System Restore option being reset to Disabled (this is the Windows default).

As for your previous restore points, that's to be expected. You can't restore to a previous restore point on a previous OS version. All the baseline files are different, and you would be restoring settings for the old OS if you were to somehow be able to restore it.

Think of it like a Bookmark or favorite, but they've moved the location to a different URL. Restoring the old favorite only points you to somewhere that doesn't exist anymore.

As for #2, your update history is gone because again, it's a fresh OS, and previous updates are all integrated into the OS now, not patches. Those old updates don't apply to the new OS anymore.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59127-update-history-missing-after-win10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 52.89%

A question regarding the Win 10 anniversary upgrade, is it included in the ISO that is provided by Microsoft in the media creation center? I have tried googling this but failed to find a definitive answer,

Thank you.

shipboard.

A:Anniversary upgrade

No, I believe the ISO provided by Microsoft is still pre-1511.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/anniversary-upgrade-1153497.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Ever since I upgraded to the W10 "anniversary edition" Hello hasn't recognized me a single time anymore! Hello seems completely broken since the update, even though I went through at least 10 "improve recognition" procedures by now.

Before the update Hello worked so-la-la, i.e. it recognized me in maybe 50-60% but since the upgrade that rate has fallen to a flat 0%!

Anybody seeing similar behavior? Anything one can do as a user to improve that feature? This is on an MS Surface Pro 4.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/64892-anniversary-upgrade-broke-hello.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My desktop pc is running Win 10 Vers. 1511.  I've tried repeatedly to install the Anniversary Upgrade Vers. 1607 - always without success, with the error code 0x80070005.  A Microsoft technician queried whether the pc is able to install the Anniversary Upgrade.  I never thought of this as a problem and I hope someone can help me to find the answer. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Windows-10-Anniversary-Upgrade/td-p/5822417
Relevancy 52.03%

Say am on build 10.0.10586.107, if I upgrade my device,will it take me to the Anniversary Update or to the build slightly ahead of my current one?

A:Upgrade To Anniversary Update

Which device are you refering to you?
Phone or PC?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440729-upgrade-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

AU just installed tried to access other computers on my network:

Windows computers (2) asked for credentials won't accept user name and/or password.

Ubuntu shows up but "... is not accessible. You might not have permission..."

Anyone have a solution? Can't wait for my other computers to get the AU

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64563-anniversary-upgrade-wont-let-me-use-my-network.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Just upgraded my Lumia 950xl to Windows 10 Anniversary edition software and now the settings doesn't function at all. I click on settings and it tries to connect but then goes back to the alphabetical list of items . All other items when I click on them they work and open up. All except Settings.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435958-settings-not-working-after-win-10-anniversary-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.6%

After Window Anniversary edition upgrade, beats audio is gone, speaker jack does not override the pc speakers anymore, and my plug in speaker system sounds horrible.  Regards,Impsuds

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/After-Window-Anniversary-edition-upgrade/td-p/5780688
Relevancy 51.6%

OK so I have an Asus Zenbook Prime UX A Ultrabook It was purchased in and Can't get to upgrade laptop to Update. Anniversary came with Windows x Pro installed The specs are Intel i gig SSD drive gig memory I ve since updated it to then ultimately to Windows Pro TH x That said I had issues getting it to update to Threshold and ultimately had to do a clean install to get TH installed It now seems I have to do the same to get the Anniversary update to install as nothing else seems to work BTW it s not even been offered through Windows Update Anyway each Can't get laptop to upgrade to Anniversary Update. time I try to install I either get an error code telling me something went wrong or no error code and a failed Can't get laptop to upgrade to Anniversary Update. install This is via ISO download and mounting the image Media Creation tool via USB update or the get Window Anniversary link Bottom line is there have been two major Windows updates TH Anniversary and in both instances I m being forced to do a clean install on my laptop BTW there were no issues updating my desktop In fact it was updated through Windows update without issue Only the laptop seems to require a Can't get laptop to upgrade to Anniversary Update. clean install Any thoughts as to why this is happening And yes I have enough disk space as this is checked during the update and no warnings are issued Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/61394-cant-get-laptop-upgrade-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I've ran the upgrade several times and sits for hours (overnight) at 99%, ran the troubleshoot and no issues.  Not sure what to try next.  Thanks 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/R5-471TWindows-Anniversary-Upgrade-is-stuck-at-99/td-p/455290
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a Lumia 640 and have upgraded to the Anniversary update, a lot of apps won't launch, Discovery News, Network Speed Test, Microsoft Authenticator, Litecoin easy check, etc. Even Settings! They immediately close.
I have tried to download to re-install say Network Speed test, but it is stuck at "working" and rebooted a couple times.
Would you recommend waiting for an update? Resetting the phone and starting from scratch or resetting the phone and restoring a backup?
Or is there something else that could fix this?

A:After upgrade to WP 10 anniversary some apps won't launch

Hard reset is more preferable. Update may not fix the issue

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436908-after-upgrade-wp-10-anniversary-some-apps-wont-launch.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,
I have two very recent but different HP laptops with Win 10 pre-installed. After the Anniversary update, one laptop is still OK but the Spectre has lost the facility for a PIN login instead of using a password. I have seen much criticism of the effects on devices after installing the update, on the Internet, but haven't seen a cure yet that works on my Spectre. When I attempt to set a PIN and a confirmation of the PIN, the pointer arrow displays and if I don't move it, it stays there. If I move it a tiny bit the pointer disappears completely, but I am still asked for my Password on login. Any help would be appreciated. My update was done just after it came out so i don't want to rollback, even if I could. There must be some good effects from installing the update! Many thanks in anticipation.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/no-pin-login-option-after-win-10-anniversary-upgrade-1160857.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Thought it might be interesting to note what seems to have been fixed that we've noted as longstanding quirks or bugs. These are things I've noted so far.

1. Items listed in explorer search which were deleted from the search results list formerly remained displayed unless on hit F5 to refresh the window.

Now they disappear after about 3s.

2. The Flight Mode/ Airplane Mode button in the Action Centre was at odds with the actual state of the mode unless toggled a couple of times.

Now it works as it should.

3. Desktop icon positions were often lost and icons rearranged on the left side.

Now the positions are retained.
(Confirmed in #135 here:
Desktop icons keep rearranging - Page 14 - Windows 10 Forums
)

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58572-things-seem-fixed-anniversary-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.6%

After having installed the upgrade, I was asked for Pin code or Microsoft account password.
None of my formerly used pin code or password is accepted.
I tried changing Microsoft account password on my laptop. Did not help.
What can I do to start my computer?

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/59029-windows-anniversary-upgrade-problem.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I'm having issues with my windows machine crashing and rebooting (mostly after being put to sleep). Any help will be very appreciated!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59652-bsod-after-recent-anniversary-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I m afraid I took advantage of the free Windows upgrade last year biggest mistake I ve ever made but I ve learned to live with it But today there were multiple problems and now I am effectively frozen out of my laptop a Vostro I know that it s not one of the pcs tested by Dell for the operating system and I m sort of OK with that But a rather rude and spectacularly unhelpful Microsoft technician told me very forcibly that my laptop is incompatible with Windows and that therefore there is nothing they can do Windows Anniversary 10 after upgrade compatibility to help me and nor will they now try as it is pointless as Windows 10 compatibility after Anniversary upgrade I can t even use the laptop with the new upgrade of Surely that can t be correct I have grown to pretty much hate Microsoft in the last months but can they really have decided that my laptop is obsolete And not told us Anything anybody can tell me here will be greatly appreciated And I ll try to gain access to my laptop again

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19994478
Relevancy 51.6%

Will personal customization be honored or retained within the Aug 2016 Anniversary upgrade? I haven't bothered uninstalling any little default (store) unused apps since I figured they'd likely be reinstalled with the Aug upgrade/update.

There is not a Microsoft Account on this desktop nor are there any tiles on the screen.
There is an MS Account on a laptop and I do log in there but I do not log into the desktop.
I cannot find any comments or articles stating that this type of 'customizing' will be retained.

A:Anniversary Upgrade and current customization

Anything that has changed since the last release is likely to be "reset". This could be just about anything.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/56871-anniversary-upgrade-current-customization.html
Relevancy 51.6%

after upgrade to windows 10 Anniversary update, i cannot used my printer to print . i try to install again printer but still unsuccessful.  i try update windows 10 again, but still fail to update driver to my printer. please help me.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Cannot-used-printer-after-upgrade-win-10-anniversary-update/td-p/5746376
Relevancy 51.6%

I never received a activation/product key for my version of W10 which was downloaded from the official Microsoft website over a year ago. How can I proceed to upgrade to the latest Anniversary update as I don`t have the required key/code. Thanks in advance.

A:Need activation key to update to Anniversary Upgrade W10

If you downloaded W10 within the first year and activated, no key is required for the update.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58473-need-activation-key-update-anniversary-upgrade-w10.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I'm in the UK using 2 laptops (Asus & Acer) both windows 10 home edition, used the windows 10 upgrade assistance both downloaded 100% verified but failed to install reached 2% then error code: 0x80070057 appeared. please help!

A:windows 10 anniversary upgrade error 0x80070057

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I'm in the UK using 2 laptops (Asus & Acer) both windows 10 home edition, used the windows 10 upgrade assistance both downloaded 100% verified but failed to install reached 2% then error code: 0x80070057 appeared. please help! Windows 10 Anniversary Update common problems and how to fix them | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434255-windows-10-anniversary-upgrade-error-0x80070057.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I use Windows Home and find the inability to disable the Lock Screen on login really annoying. I used to use the registry fix on this forum but this no longer works.

In Spotlight Mode, the correct Lock Screen background is shown when I use Windows Key + L but the last selected picture Lock Screen background is shown when I log out. In Picture Mode, the correct LockScreen background is shown when I use Windows Key + L and log out. I can't get the slide show mode to work.
In summary:

In Picture Mode, the Lock Screen background worksIn Spotlight Mode, I see the correct background using Windows Key + L but the last set picture when I log out.I can't get the Slideshow Mode to work - it just shows the last set picture whether I log out or use Windows Key + L.

Does anyone have this problem and have you found a solution?

A:Lock Screen Problems in Anniversary Upgrade

I just wonder if that registry key that no longer works, is somehow interfering with the now-compulsory lock screen.

How about removing the registry key?

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/58675-lock-screen-problems-anniversary-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.17%

The Windows 10 Update Assistant says:

The current OS on the target machine is Windows 10 Enterprise v 1511. I've got access to the Anniversary Update iso but before I try installing it I wondered if anyone else has run the gauntlet.

Thanks,

Simon

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/60713-cant-upgrade-windows-10-enterprise-anniversary-edition.html
Relevancy 51.17%

After the same grief I had upgrading to I was finally able to upgrade to anniversary version My anniversary 10 Wireless to problems USB upgrade since adapter wireless usb adapter worked flawlessly for internet access all through the update however once completed and it restarted to the update my usb adapter went south I uninstalled the driver Netgear WNDA v and tried to re-install from the DVD but at the point that it said to attach the device I was left with the window to wait that the application was proceeding After hour I had to reboot Then went into the Device manager where this driver did show and went through the re-install After several minutes received an error that it could not install Figuring a new adapter would work purchased a Linksys WUSB M with the same results Windows doesn't recognize the adapter when plugged in and cannot install the software as it just stops way through it Tried Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary re-booting but again nothing I now have no internet to see if a Windows update would Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary provide a driver Disgusted with Windows once again

A:Wireless USB adapter problems since upgrade to 10 anniversary

There are some people with WiFi problems around.
And seems that the best are this 2 options that most sure to help:
1) Roll-Back to previous OS
2) Repair Windows wiht In-Place Upgrade - Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64447-wireless-usb-adapter-problems-since-upgrade-10-anniversary.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Just upgraded my Lumia 950xl to Windows 10 Anniversary edition software and now the settings doesn't function at all. I click on settings and it tries to connect but then goes back to the alphabetical list of items . All other items when I click on them they work and open up. All except Settings.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435956-settings-doesnt-function-all-after-win-10-anniversary-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Our computer automatically installed the Windows 10 anniversary update. After the update all of our documents, pictures, etc. were missing. The quick links no longer worked. I am searching for them by name to see if they moved. Anyone else experience this problem? Why would they move or delete? I'm a little panicked! Help!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435545-after-windows-10-anniversary-upgrade-we-cannot-find-our-files.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have held off going from Win 7 to Win 10 for a number of reasons, including several hardware upgrades over the last 6 months. (I actually have one more hardware upgrade I would like to do, going to a M.2 drive once a 500 GB drive comes out, which may or may not happen soon.) Not in a hurry as Win 7 is working fine.

So, browsing this forum occasionally, I see the Windows 10 Anniversary Update is coming out soon-ish, no firm date. Plus, the end of the "free" upgrade period is also coming up.

Is there any advantage to waiting and seeing if the Windows 10 Anniversary Update comes out first, and performing the upgrade on that version as opposed to doing an upgrade now, and then updating with the anniversary edition? It is possible that the free upgrade period could be extended a bit as well (not starting a rumor, just thinking) that could allow this to happen.

A:Upgrade from Win 7 and Windows 10 Anniversary Update edition

Perhaps, upgrade now and get to know how Windows 10 works, so that by the time " anniversary update" comes along, you will enjoy it more.

Free upgrade period appears to be unchanged, at least for now. Nothing is definite. Never say never.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/46083-upgrade-win-7-windows-10-anniversary-update-edition.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Asus Portable Sonicmaster Second_Boot Fail/Error Upgrade Anniversary V CA Win upgraded to Win version latest version as of yesterday Yesterday the computer downloaded and attempted to Anniversary Upgrade Second_Boot Fail/Error install Hung for several hours at a black screen with white dots going in circle prior to any login In other words no login Did some research here and pressed the boot button Long story short computer finally went to quot restoring your previous version of windows quot which it did Today Tues Sep did more research and used media creation tool to download to usb and booted the computer from that to install Same results as above Got the version restored Tried again with fast boot software and bios turned off Same results as Anniversary Upgrade Second_Boot Fail/Error above except this time I did get this message quot xC - x install failed in the SECOND BOOT phase with an error during boot operation quot I have looked that up all instructions relate to upgrade to I have the latest Bios for this computer I have yet to try with wifi internet off Have upgraded to the lastest video driver - Intel HD Graphics driver with a generic pnp monitor The computer now just did updates for and my winver is - Have not yet tried another upgrade because these updates started Does anyone have any suggestions Thanks

A:Anniversary Upgrade Second_Boot Fail/Error

Facing exactly the same issue....anybody?

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/63578-anniversary-upgrade-second_boot-fail-error.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I was using windows 10 home genuine. Then came the Windows Anniversary Upgrade and I did. After 2-3 days my apps didn't start , my store won't open , and start menu does not open . So i tried everything that i can get from online and but nothing worked.
So i decided to downgrade my windows 10 to previous build and then the process of downgrading started and it done well " i think so" and and during restart the log on page does not seems to open . There is only a blue page with a round dots like windows does before starting . But nothing appears after this much .

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434900-my-windows-10-does-not-boot-after-downgrade-anniversary-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.17%

When I upgrade my 32 bit win 7 computer to win 10 can I choose to upgrade to 64 bit win 10?

A:Upgrade from 32 bit win 7 to 64 bit win10

You cannot do an in place upgrade from 32-bit to 64-bit. Going from 32-bit to 64-bit requires a clean install.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/56098-upgrade-32-bit-win-7-64-bit-win10.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Folks,

I just found this on my Laptop.

Windows 10 Specifications.pdf

A:Win10 upgrade is not possible.

Hi,
Not sure why you wouldn't just use this to fill in your system spec's page instead of posting a pdf :/
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/375534-win10-upgrade-not-possible.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My wife's computer could not upgrade to win 10 cause it had an old video card. I upgrade motherboard and video card. Win 7 is registered, but can not upgrade. The free upgrade tool still shows the other video card. Tried the media creation tool and still goes back to the upgrade box with the old card. Is there anyway to erase that upgrade box and redue it?

A:Help with win10 upgrade

Check for any left over files or drivers from your old video card. Windows is still finding it somewhere. Check your device manager 1st just to see if its listing 2 video cards, then check your program folders for any left overs. Also just for backup reasons, download a program on this forum called Showkey which will give you the information on your currant Windows Key, incase you need it to upgrade to Windows 10.
Showkey

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/35032-help-win10-upgrade.html
Relevancy 51.17%

When Win10 was released, I was offline.
Now I can't upgrade! I've reserved an upgrade, but it won't ask me to upgrade!

A:Can't upgrade to Win10

Welcome to the forum,

It hasn't asked me yet either, but that doesn't mean you can't upgrade.

You can do it manually, starting at step three here,

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377550-cant-upgrade-win10.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I have an older laptop (probably 6-7 years old, Dell Inspiron running Windows 7) and its been running fairly slow lately. I saw a notice that today is the last day to upgrade to Win10 for free. Just looking for some good advice on whether or not I should even consider upgrading.

My first thought is that, with an older machine, I probably have a lot of junk on my hard drive causing the slowness so I need to clean it up (which means I'll miss the "today is the last day" bit...but do I really care?). I also think maybe my processor won't be able to handle the new version, but not sure if that's really a concern or not.

Can I ask for some advice? Thanks

A:Should I upgrade to Win10?

I saw a notice that today is the last day to upgrade to Win10 for free.Click to expand...

it not - July 2016 is
whats the exact model and also the service tag number
make sure there are windows 10 drivers available for the PC

you could always make a recovery set of DVDs (if you havent already , and i would advise you make them anyway) and do a windows 7 clean install

you may have a lot of startups or even malware on the PC slowing it down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-upgrade-to-win10.1163500/
Relevancy 51.17%

Has anyone upgraded to Windows 10 on the hp 110-414 have you got any problems or bugs with it and is it running well on it and do you think I should upgrade

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Hp 110-414 Win10 Upgrade

Because you may find that you need to install the Windows 10 driver for it after upgrading. With most notebooks there are two or three different adapters that could be installed. It helps to what is installed in yours.  Use the search functiion in the forum and search for windows 10 wifi driver. You will notice that many members did not take the time to either locate the driver or know what is installed. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Hp-110-414-Win10-Upgrade/td-p/5579588
Relevancy 51.17%

my pc is   HP TouchSmart tm2-2150ca Notebook PC       with win7.   tried to upgrade to win 10  but failed.   ideas?   Thanks!

A:win10 upgrade

Hi, Do you know what is the error message ? No error message we or Microsoft won't be able to help. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/win10-upgrade/td-p/5610594
Relevancy 51.17%

At the moment there is a promotion up to 29 July to upgrade to win10 from win7 home premium 64bit ok
So I downloaded the Microsoft upgrade assistant to win 10 and all ok. But it get stuck at 99% and stop there ok
Then the worst is it is a hell of a job to get win7 back cause it comes up with a black screen ok
Contacted Microsoft and told me to contact you to help me solve this issue
Already contacted you through twitter few days ago but no reply
Thanks if you try to solve this problem before expires tnx
mind you get stuck 99% during installing ok
contacted Microsoft and told me to get in touch with you maybe you already came through such a problem
please thanks for trying to solve before promotion expires
regards
John Mifsud
product serial # [personal information removed]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-to-win10/td-p/5690815
Relevancy 50.31%

HelloThanks for reading my problem My son's HP stream runs windows I know disk space is tight but up until now we have managed Windows has a new update they call it the anniversary edition It needs GB space I managed to get it to GB but still it wouldnt run Now it has popped back to GB I have uninstalled everything I can and ave run disk clean up millions of times including removal of to to Anniversary Windows 14943 10 Unable upgrade edition windows updates I have even turned off hibernation This update refuses to go aheadI think by virtue of the disk size this HP Stream is unable to accomodate windows OS updates anymore nbsp any suggestions welcome but please bare in mind I have researched this topic top to bottom for hours and hours and have come up with nothing nbsp When upgradeing from win gt win I was allowed to make use of a Unable to upgrade Windows 10 to Anniversary edition 14943 flash disk to supplement the install process But with this upgrade the option is not available nbsp Thanks in advance for listening nbsp Joe nbsp PS HP if you are listening if this refuses to proceed you have lost a customer for life

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Unable-to-upgrade-Windows-10-to-Anniversary-edition-14943/td-p/5813165
Relevancy 50.31%

I just joined this forum today so I am brand new Both my desktop and laptop were Windows systems that I successfully updated over a year multiple Tried on times do desktop Anniversary upgrade Windows to 10 ago to Windows The desktop never changed the version showing when I use the winver command - still Windows Build The system was an upgraded desktop purchased on ebay from a company that Tried multiple times to do Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade on desktop refurbs Tried multiple times to do Windows 10 Anniversary upgrade on desktop and upgrades the computer I tried to upgrade both of them to the new Anniversary version of Windows The laptop updated perfectly the first time It is also a HP system The laptop version shows OS Build I have not had any errors I am not a hardware person so I spent a long time researching how to run reports to answer the questions for the System Specs I am attaching the reports from SiSoftware Sandra and CPU-z in case I did not correctly report some of the details I hope that someone can help me If not can you tell me if I explained this well enough to ask Microsoft for help I am a bit intimidated by that Thank you so much in advance Sally

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61657-tried-multiple-times-do-windows-10-anniversary-upgrade-desktop.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I tried upgrading three different desktop computers with the August nd Windows Anniversary Upgrade I used the Windows Assistant from to code Anniversary Win Error Upgrade updating 10 0x80070057 the Microsoft website for this upgrade Problem is that it begins the process then eventually stops and displays a notification that the upgrade can't continue due to Error x I searched to find out what this is and found a lot of hits for a variety of things that have been attributed to this error code but nothing specific to this upgrade I m sure that I'm not the Error code 0x80070057 updating to Win 10 Anniversary Upgrade only person who has had this happen Does anyone know if there is a solution or way to work around this problem I found two files that apparently were dropped onto my computers when I tried to perform the upgrades Win Upgrade One was on my hard drive and the other oddly enough was found on my network drive No idea how that one got there I've tried running them again but get the same error message each time When the upgrade didn't appear as a regular update I went to the Microsoft website and found the Windows Assistant and thought I'd give that a try I was surprised that it didn't work Then again I had similar things happen back in July but still eventually managed to get the free upgrade to without too much difficulty In fact has worked just fine for me Anyway if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate hearing from you Thanks message edited by casper

A:Error code 0x80070057 updating to Win 10 Anniversary Upgrade

Did you look at the comments here: http://www.windowscentral.com/simpl...Doing the best I can here... And remember, there's always more than one path to success. :)

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/error-code-0x80070057-updating-to-win-10-anniversary-upgrade/690.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Can anyone help me with this error? I get it every time when trying to get version 1607. I have checked many times; this is not related to any drivers but to something I do not understand. Here are included my Panther and Rollback folders.
Sources.zip - Google Drive

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/61724-windows-10-anniversary-upgrade-error-0xc1900101-0x20017.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi ,
after windows 10 anniversary upgrade installation i ran Disk Management and found a new created Recovery Partition as shown in picture . 845 MB , Healthy (Recovery partition). Is it necessary or can I delete it ?
The Upgrade installation has been absolutely successful , no problem at all.

A:windows 10 Anniversary upgrade created a recovery partition

You can check which recovery partition is registered with the command reagentc /info from elevated command prompt. You'll see something like this:
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
(c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>reagentc /info
Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration
Information:

Windows RE status: Enabled
Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition1\Recovery\WindowsRE
Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: 3d8f8337-bc56-11e5-a7c5-85493d747884
Recovery image location:
Recovery image index: 0
Custom image location:
Custom image index: 0

REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.

C:\Windows\system32>

To find which partition the number above you need to check diskpart as disk management doesn't show all partitions (the MSR partition specifically which is partition 3 normally). Again from elevated command prompt:
Code:
C:\Windows\system32>diskpart

Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.14393.0

Copyright (C) 1999-2013 Microsoft Corporation.
On computer: WIN10

DISKPART> select disk 0

Disk 0 is now the selected disk.

DISKPART> list par

Partition ### Type Size Offset
------------- ---------------- ------- -------
Partition 1 Recovery 500 MB 20 KB
Partition 2 System 200 MB 500 MB
Partition 3 Reserved 16 MB 701 MB
Partition 4 Primary 32 GB 717 MB
Partition 5 Primary 55 GB 33 GB
Partition 6 Unknown 23 GB 88 GB
Partition 7 Unknown 619 MB 112 GB

Perhaps it made a new one as 401MB is not big enough - normally it is 500MB AFAIK.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/59062-windows-10-anniversary-upgrade-created-recovery-partition.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a USB 3 Dock on my XPS 13.  Sky Go worked fine until I did the Windows 10 anniversary upgrade - now if dock is attached I get a 6030 error when trying toplayback .  Sky support says it is a hardware/driver issue.  It works fine if I disconnect dock..  I believe I am on all latest drivers.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19990174
Relevancy 50.31%

I am using DELL Inspiron n4050. Windows 10 was working perfectly before anniversary upgradation . Any external mouse don't work instead I installed drivers by software and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers manually also. but didn't work at all..
What to do now?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436528-external-mouse-not-working-windows-10-anniversary-upgrade.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi I previously upgraded from Windows to but the Anniversary Update will not complete properly and I ve been stuck on v for a few months now - 10 hangs 9Q33 12 Update Windows upgrade on XPS Anniversary The installation goes through most of the steps but on reboot it just goes to a black screen with the dell logo and the endless spinning dots nbsp The XPS 12 9Q33 - Windows 10 Anniversary Update hangs on upgrade error message after rolling back is xC - x quot The installation failed in the FIRST BOOT phase with an error during BOOT operation quot I ve tried the following based on other forum posts unfortunately without success nbsp Leaving this running overnight nbsp Unplugging all USB devices nbsp Installing upgrade from USB drive nbsp Installing from a clean boot nbsp Installing with wireless adaptor disabled In each case it hangs at the spinning dots nbsp After a few forced reboots the upgrade rolls back fairly quickly to the previous version nbsp One thing I haven t tried is a clean install as if it fails I ll not have anything to roll back to nbsp Also it s unclear if my existing Windows license will carry over Any help appreciated

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993069
Relevancy 50.31%

I've read different threads posts about Anniversary Upgrade license activation changes issues questions My situation is different than what I've read so i created this thread as an fyi for anyone interested in multi-boot Here's what happened for me with a multi-boot PC with Win OS's The Anniversary Update changed my Insider Preview W OS from a license with an expiration dual-boot Upgrade change W10 license Anniversary date to a permanently activated license This OS is not a free Upgrade license it is the OS I installed before the official release of the free upgrade offer It always has been an Insider Preview OS with an expiration date until now This PC also has a W RTM not an insider OS that was the free upgrade from W to W The W RTM OS has always been Anniversary Upgrade W10 dual-boot license change a permanently activated retail pro license I use the same MS Outlook com address on both of Anniversary Upgrade W10 dual-boot license change these OS's and i also have a Local Admin account on each OS To me it Anniversary Upgrade W10 dual-boot license change seems the Anniversary Update quot applied quot my permanent RTM OS upgrade license to my Insider OS that should have an expiration date The Anniversary Update also changed my Local Admin account to a Local Standard account on the Insider OS Each OS is on a different drive and all other drives were disconnected when installing the Anniversary update except the drive OS being updated From what i see i now have permanent W OS's I should only have permanent and with an expiration date

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/59761-anniversary-upgrade-w10-dual-boot-license-change.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So I downloaded the Windows Upgrade Assistant and started it like I'm supposed to and it says my PC is compatible I get to where it downloads the OS files and asks me to restart so I do this When it turns on It says it will reboot various times during installation Unfortunately it only gets to about before the PC Crashes (Using 10 to Upgrade Windows When Updating Assistant) Anniversary computer shuts off completely like someone yanked the battery and power adapter out When I boot it up it restores my previous version of Windows You see I don't want my previous version of Windows I would like to have the anniversary edition especially because my PC is compatible JUST BECAUSE What PC PC Crashes When Updating to Windows 10 Anniversary (Using Upgrade Assistant) is this you ask This one HP ENVY dv Notebook PC Windows Home Version OS Build Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon GHz GFX System Type -bit OS x -based processor I PC Crashes When Updating to Windows 10 Anniversary (Using Upgrade Assistant) can't be the only one with this dumb issue so I wanted to see what you guys had to say about it

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435748-pc-crashes-when-updating-windows-10-anniversary-using-upgrade-assistant.html
Relevancy 50.31%

If I have a machine running a legal Windows 10 with a volume license (my work) how does it get upgraded to the anniversary update? The media creation tool doesn't work and the upgrade advisor says that this edition of Windows 10 cannot be upgraded.
What has to be done to upgrade a volume license to the latest anniversary update?
Many thanks.

A:How to upgrade Windows 10 Volume License to Anniversary Update?

That has to be done through the company IT department - I think they have to approve the update or MS have to actually release for enterprise

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435802-how-upgrade-windows-10-volume-license-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a situation which I am totally unable to explain I have a Dell notebook and a Dell s Both run the -bit Windows on a -bit hardware architecture The only significant difference in installed software is that the Dell- s has Microsoft Flight Simulator Hard drive size puzzle Anniversary after Upgrade installed Obviously the sizes Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade of the C drive should reflect a small difference because of Flight Simulator and some support software for it Also for minor differences in hardware and hardware support software No user data is stored on either hard drive Since the Anniversary Upgrade perhaps coincidental the Dell s seems to have a huge amount of additional material on C And I can't find it Prior to that they were within any logical differences a gig or two If I total the space of the folders on C they still are But File Explorer shows a great difference Full backup images Acronis of the entire hard drives both with the same compression level are gB vs gB supporting the File Explorer number for C total total usage GetCurrent and Windows Upgrade are not removed by Cleanup System Files For some reason Windows old was removed on the Dell but will not go away on the Dell s Recap See below for details gB --- gb ------- C gB ----- gB ------- Rough totals adding the sizes of Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade the large gB individual folders - gB --- gB ------- Difference I can't find or explain Can anyone suggest what I may be missing where I can find it and how to get rid of it if it isn't necessary Here are the detail numbers for the folders on C with quot Show hidden files folders and drives quot checked and quot Hide protected operating system files quot unchecked d n s difference but no sweat n p not present on this computer gB ------- gb ----- C Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade Wow kB -------- kB ------ GetCurrent kB -------- B -------- RECYCLE BIN d n s mB ------ mB ----- Boot d n s kB -------- kb ------- Brother --------------- -------------- Config Msi mB ------ kB --------- Dell d n s notebook support a link on both Documents and Settings B --------- -------------- Downloads from Firefox d n s mB ------ n p ------------ Drivers d n s notebook support kB ------- n p ------------ EFI d n s not sure why it is there n p ------------ mB ----- Flight One Software d n s kB ------ kB ------ inetpub -------------- n p ------------ Installer kB ------ kB ------- Intel d n s n p ----------- mB ------ MININT d n s n p ----------- --------------- MSOCache gB ---- gB ------- Program Files d n s mB ---- mB ------- Program Data d n s ------------ ---------------- Recovery ------------ ---------------- System Volume Information mB --- mB ------ Users d n s mB -- mB ------- VC RED cab kb ----- --------------- WCH CN d n s gB --- gB --------- Windows d n s n p --------- kB -------- Windows old d n s mB -- mB ------ Windows Upgrade d n s Edited to make table a bit more readable and to clarify some comments

A:Hard drive size puzzle after Anniversary Upgrade

When you run disk clean after first scan have you then hit system files button which will rescan and remove 15gig

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/60479-hard-drive-size-puzzle-after-anniversary-upgrade.html
Relevancy 50.31%

After installing the Win10 Home Premium Upgrade to my HP G60-549DX Notebook, It tells me it did not activate and I get error code 0x803F7001. Can/Will someone tell me what do do PLEASE. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Win10-Upgrade-not-activating/td-p/5705607
Relevancy 50.31%

You have Win10 Upgrade questions?  THIS has Win10 Upgrade answers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583598/win10-upgrade-answers/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello i have a L50-B-1P1 laptop and i`m experiencing a few problems after windows 10 upgrade
1 R7 video driver missing so no catalyst present therefore i have low frames and frezess in games
2 Microphone producing garbeld voice when recording

I know that the series is discontinued but there should be some kind of fix for the problems i`m experiencing atm.

I don`t want to downgrade to wind 8.1/7

A:Sattelite L50-B-1P1 after win10 upgrade

What are your exact spec, Processor, RAM and OS type 32 bit / 64 bit

Depending on what it is you may be able to use the new AMD Crimson drivers instead. I have a L50D-C-13G and I abandoned the catalyst drivers for Crimson drivers and my machine is running great. I have an A10-8700P Carrizo R6 with windows 8.1 and it works great for me. The driver lists compatible hardware, read through it and see if your machine is supported.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...tion_16.2.aspx

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90722-Sattelite-L50-B-1P1-after-win10-upgrade
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,
I am having issues with USB devices dropping since I upgraded to windows 10. I have tried updating device and use drivers, reinstalling devices and changing power settings for devices. This is a pain as I need to regularly make skype business calls and can't now via headset. Any help greatly appreciated.
Later
Anthony

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/usb-dropping-win10-upgrade-4598526/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all, i have a Precision M4700 with windows 7 SP1 OEM, i'm confused, can i install windows 10 pro for free or do i have to purchase an upgrade license (if i do it now, before the 29th July) ?
Consider i work in an Enterprise environment but the license applied to my PC is the OEM, not the one under Corporate agreement.
Thanks for a clarification/confirmation.

A:Win7PRO OEM upgrade to Win10

HIRYU79,
Yes, you can upgrade to Windows 10 for free. You will also need to update the drivers to Windows 10 as well. Click the link below to download the drivers for your M4700.
Dell Precision M4700 Drivers and Downloads

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19985747