Windows Support Forum

Network password lost

Q: Network password lost

I'm trying to find out a password to a network in our house. We dont have any passwords on file and the company that set up our network two years ago are no longer in business.

We're not here often so the password that we once knew is now forgotten.

Is there any remedy for this?

Is it possible to just start up a new network with the same modem?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Network password lost

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Network password lost

Are you just talking about the Administrator password on your computers there?
If so have a look here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/post633339-2.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-password-lost.110078/
Relevancy 61.92%

For around a year my old laptop automatically connected to my wireless router. I just got a new one and when I went to connect to the wireless internet it asked for a password. I remember putting one in when I first got it (my router) but I cant recall it.

I have internet from a neighbor, but its slower. Is there anyway I can retrieve it? (My downstairs desktop is wired to my router).

Its a Verizon internet Router ( I can get exact info if needed)

Relevancy 61.06%

I lost my password for the wireless network. How to do I re set the router or password?

Here is what Linksys advised. Go to 192.468.1.1 and put admin in password field. When I do that, here is the message that came back. The Servicer 192.168 .1.1 requires a user name and password. 401 Un Authorized. AUTHORIZATION is required.

Linksys wants to charge me for tech support. Something I really do not want to do.

The model number of router is WRT 54 G2 v1.

Can anyone assist with re settting password and what above means? Will re settting password affect the laptop we use downstairs?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Regards,
Dwight aka Cheffy D 98

Downers Grove

A:lost wireless network password

A router reset(Hold the reset button in for at least 15 seconds) will reset all the router parms to default state,including the password.
If you have changed the default password,that might explain why you are getting the error msg..
So,I would dig out the router manual,make sure you know what the default user id and password are(I think admin/admin)
and do a router reset.
You will then have to re-enter the encryption(wpe/wpa,etc) and password,so that all wireless pc's can connect through the router..
Then you can change the default router userid/password to something other than admin.this time,write it down.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wireless-network-password.980391/
Relevancy 61.06%

On my home network I have my desktop my HTPC wired and my wife's laptop Wifi The desktop and HTPC are bth running Win pro The laptop is running Win All are it Invariably I try to log onto my HTPC from my desktop and it says that I am unable to access the files I then open up network and sharing center to check on the network password network password lost/changed only to find that is has changed itself somehow Even after I reset the password on both the HTPC and the desktop I still cannot access my shared files on the HTPC from the desktop The only way to share files is to get them from the HTPC which for some reason lets me access my desktop files The laptop is not really an issue ONce I enter the new password I can access files on the desktop and print no problem I guess the lost/changed network password issues are the random changing of the network password the inability to access networked files FROM the desktop The reverse seems to work flawlessly Thanks in advance for any insights

A:lost/changed network password

I'm not sure how the password can change by itself but if you are having access problems between those machines it may work better if you set up a Homegroup and join that Homegroup from all other machines.

Homegroup - Create in Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/21273-lost-changed-network-password.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I just purchased a Windows 7 PC from Dell and I cannot remember the password on my old "workgroup" Network. (I don't even remember setting one up 3 yrs ago.) I need it to make my wife's pc able to access the printer that is now connected to my new computer. All help in finding the password or a work-a-round would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and Happy New Year to you all!

A:Network Password lost - Need to find it.

We can offer very limited support for lost passwords. If your account is an administrator account, after you logon to the original computer go to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts. Then make choices depending on whether you want to create a password, change your password, or manage another account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-password-lost-need-to-find-it.890844/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have a wireless router that came with a random password, from bestbuy.
I cant find the dang sheet that best buy gave me.

I log into the router, and they want the user name and password. Isn't there a way to change this??? I'd like to give friends ability to log into my network, but they need the password.

incredibly ignorant.....AW

Relevancy 53.75%

I've been using Outlook 2007 for a while with no problems. I used to select my account, and when the "Enter Network Password" box popped up it had the focus, so I would just immediately type in my password. I did a set of Windows and Office updates a couple of weeks ago, and now when that box pops up the focus is still on the main Outlook mail reader screen. I have to click the Password box to shift the focus so I can type in my password. Is there a way to restore this automatic focus for the Password panel when it pops up?

A:Lost focus on Outlook "Enter Network Password" dialog box

No one else has seen this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/205524-lost-focus-outlook-enter-network-password-dialog-box.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I bought a laptop about a year ago. Shortly after buying it, we lost the password before making a backup disk. I couldn't change the password, we run Windows 7, without the old password. Luckily, or so we think, we have one of those laptops that has a fingerprint scanner so I have been able to log on using my fingerprint as a password. However, I can't believe that I am locked out of changing the passwords on this computer.

I have learned my lesson! Always back it up first! But for now, I need some help. I am also a little worried that I may have been hacked into. A friend said that if your password all of a sudden doesn't work, that is a sign of a hacker. That is what it felt like happened to me. I swear I thought I had the password right, then all of a sudden it stops working.

Thanks so much-Bill

A:Lost password w/ no backup. How can I reset the admin password?

Built-in Administrator Account - Enable or Disable then reset your password

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316832-lost-password-w-no-backup-how-can-i-reset-admin-password.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Dell D600 Lost HDD password, need the SN run through a password generator if anybody can help me out? I know Rustam has one but havent been able to reach him.

SN #**84A51529T-595B

Thanks Muchata

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-d600-lost-hdd-password-need-the-sn-run-through-a-password-generator.66358/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi  Can anyone help me sort a problem out. I cannot for the life of me remember the power on password and now all that shows is system disabled and a code 69468164 Is there a way to clear the old password??? Any help appreicated

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Power On Password lost - Adminsitrator Password - BIOS

@26kenley? Enter     76540160 Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Power-On-Password-lost-Adminsitrator-Password-BIOS/td-p/5615005
Relevancy 48.59%

got Uncle's old pc and cannot access windows because of novell password. Uncle has passed away and we had been given this awesome pc but cannot get into it. What to do? Do not really need to see any files but cannot get by crtl+alt+delete message. Family would like to see some files. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Relevancy 46.87%

As above really Trying to create a network to Prompted enter off password turning a password protected sharing after network for file sharing as have upgraded the server part of a Workgroup not a Domain from WinXP to Win and Prompted to enter a network password after turning off password protected sharing experienced problems ever since Ironically the problems haven t mainly been with sharing files between Win and WinXP systems but between Win systems I bought a new Win laptop and tried to connect it to the server but it hasn t had Read Write privileges over the files in the Win server Entering a username and password to gain access to the servers folders has not been a problem and as far as I know opening files such as documents has not been a problem either However when trying to save an edited document access is denied and if I try to open an executable file this is necessary for a node installation it prompts me for a network password Every combination possible of username and password from the systems including or SYSTEMNAME before the username has not worked I tried syncing the times which was apparently a previous problem but to no avail I am unable to access Local Security Policy as the server is running off Home Premium I have tried creating a new workgroup removing and changing passwords enabling guest access to the network through the Windows Resource Kit Command Shell creating identical users on both computers but nothing appears to have worked Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prompted-to-enter-a-network-password-after-turning-off-password-protected-sharing.1011577/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Guys This is a curious one I have three PCs two desktop and one laptop all running but password turned Network protection password, share off! requesting Windows Pro -bit Each system has a shared partition set up exactly the same which has sharing set for 'everyone' with 'full control' Password protected sharing is turned off on each system in quot Control Panel All Control Panel Items Network and Sharing Center Advanced sharing settings quot Each of the desktop systems can access each other's shared and also the laptop's shared partition The problem is when I try to use the laptop to access the shares on either of the desktop systems I get a pop-up requester asking for a username and password see below - the laptop is quot T quot and one of the desktops is quot A quot Any idea why this would be happening I've checked the settings on all systems sharing and network and can see not reason for the password prompt appearing Previously I was running Win Pro -bit on all three systems and never encountered this error Cheers Mike

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/61689-network-share-requesting-password-but-password-protection-turned-off.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Operating system is Windows Enterprise Edition SP and Office Professional is installed nbsp User clicks one the file opens fine Change one character or a bunch then click SAVE nbsp We get quot There has been a network or file the error. has been file may network a lost be permission connection or network there permission error The network connection may be lost quot If I attempt to save it as a new filename the new filename is written in the shared folder but has a size there has been a network or file permission error. the network connection may be lost of K and the Save As window pops up again nbsp Any attempt to save as ANOTHER name produces the same results K size file written Save As window pops up I found a document from MS that says to save to your desktop or map a new drive but this was working just fine a short time ago This issue happens for only one machine If the same user logins to the different machine and it works Who ever login to the laptop get the same error nbsp Below did not help as nbsp it was for Office and Windows XP https support microsoft com en-us kb https support microsoft com en-us kb https support microsoft com en-us kb What has to be done for this Regards Boopathi

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4eb5d0af-32bb-4640-9691-b90a6406d24c/there-has-been-a-network-or-file-permission-error-the-network-connection-may-be-lost?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there Apparently as the result of malware I suddenly received many detected viruses using Avira and Malware Bytes empty All is adapters connections and lost window network network I can no longer All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty access the internet The Network Connections window is completely blank and in the Device Manager every single driver All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty under Network Adapters net Adapter Direct Parallel Intel Pro Wireless Realtek WAN Miniport etc has a yellow exclamation mark I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers In some cases I got a message saying uninstallation is not allowed But in all cases even where I could uninstall and reinstall it didn t help at all I also already tried running regsvr netshell dll regsvr netcfgx dll regsvr netman dll Each routine was successful but didn t help Running quot Start netman start quot gives a response that it is already running Any advice Is there any way around reinstalling XP Will that even help I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M running XP Professional Any advice is greatly appreciated I have been working on this to no avail for over hours nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

HI,
Can someone explain to me how you go about syncronising the Windows 98 password with a network password, for when dialling in remotely to access corporate Network

A:Syncronising windows Password with Network Password?

Are you referring to your win98 windows logon pass, like at system startup?
-Z

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/syncronising-windows-password-with-network-password.146813/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all I have a main PC an LT that is running as I am using it as a media server to my Roku's The LT an PC are networked together an sharing their proper folders via my router which is not a cheap one in getting items Explorer/Network lost menu Network an fairly new an both are running Win Ult For the most part everything works OK but for some reason Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu I keep loosing the LT in the Network menu if the main PC If I reboot the main PC this does not fix this mostly if I reboot the LT I can get it back but most Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu times it can take some time an I wouldn't say it works of the time Now to bring up some interesting points When I loose the LT I also loose the few other things that are on the Network too such as the Network shared printer server When this is happening if I go into the routers http based main programming the LT as well as everything is there If I use the routers Windows based utility on the main PC kind of a software ver of the main access the LT an everything else is there When I open the Laptop an go into quot its quot Network explore menu the main PC along with everything else in the Network is there I have made sure the Network device for the LT is set to stay awake all the time I have gone through an setup dedicated IP address's and ones way out side of anything else an as well done the other proper networking setting for the main PC an the LT My IT guy at work helped me with that For all times I have never quot Not quot been able to access the LT with the Roku systems Which for a lot of this it tells me with my limited knowledge that the LT an router should not be the issue As best as I can tell an I have checked for this nothing else on the network has any conflicting at least IP address From as best as I can tell I haven't shut off any Network scanning services on the Main PC Although I can't say I really know where or how to check for this of if something else did this Also note that this condition stays this way no matter how many times that main PC is rebooted All in all it seems to me again with my limited knowledge that for what ever reason the main PC is either loosing or not checking for things on the network not that I can really say what I mean by that because I don't know of a way to check test for this just more or less the plain to me way to say it So am really hoping someone might have some ideas or things I can check an I greatly appreciate any help I can get Thanks for any help

A:Network items getting lost in Explorer/Network menu

When this happens next time, check in Main PC if "Computer Browser" service is started. Run: services.msc to get to services.

Run this as admin: Download Complete Internet Repair - MajorGeeks

Also, see if this will help Windows 7 Network Discovery Issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374104-network-items-getting-lost-explorer-network-menu.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i recently bought a windows 7 home premium tablet with the intent of using it as a portable media player. for some reason i cannot connect to my media server's shared drive. the server is running windows xp and share permissions are configured properly. but any time i try to open the share on the tablet i get a the network password is incorrect. the thing is that i can remote desktop into the server using the same username an password. so please for the love of god fix this because my sanity relies on it.

mike

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426992/urgent-cant-access-network-drive-incorrect-network-password/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all Not too good with computer issues but I have been reluctantly chosen as the household tech wizard lol Husband updated his laptop network password no enter no conn connection = ability to no = network to Windows several months ago So far it's been good and he likes it that is until this morning He opens the laptop no internet connection It shows our wifi network but won't connect He enters his password says he needs to enter password for that device Enter password from before Windows no good Enter password for micorstoft no good Using my laptop Windows to find fix Suggestions I've tried Troublshoot network connection by right clicking Right Click won't work nothing happens Maybe keyboard language is wrong no settings button available to look at keyboard properties Try connecting directly to router won't make connection We've rebooted the computer a couple of times to no avail Our phones are connected my laptop is connected our no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn chromecast is connected so we know it's not the router no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn There is something up with his laptop Playing ring around the rosey is not the best way to spend a Sunday morning no internet connection no ability to enter password not able to troubleshoot internet connection no internet connection no ability to enter password

A:no network connection = no ability to enter password = no network conn

Ok. Here goes...His phone worked, my phone did work then quit working, our Smart TV quit working. My laptop continued to be connected, etc. Reset modem, problem solved. OMG!!!!!! Weird that some devices worked while others didn't.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40019-no-network-connection-no-ability-enter-password-no-network-conn.html
Relevancy 44.72%

To make a long story short my stepbrother got onto my laptop and switched my password. Now I've been trying for about an hour to guess and can't. How does a technilogically illiterate person with a stupid jerkish stepbrother get onto a Window XP toshiba laptop to go on with out the password?

A:Lost Password

Hi GinnyBee, welcome to the forums

Try this:
At the login screen (if its the normal welcome screen with the user account that you click on), try pressing ctrl-alt-del twice.

Then put Administrator for the username and leave the password blank.

If this works, you can go into User Accounts, click on the account name you wish to modify, Create New Password, then type in the new password.

Or you could just tell him to tell you what he changed it to, or else you'll tell on him

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.471368/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Toshiba laptop with window 2000, lost pass word, what can i do

Relevancy 44.72%

please help my daughter has lost her password for her compaq laptop it has windows 7 how can i get into the laptop to change password

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
I lost the password to my administrator's account on our home computer. I called microsoft & they told me they could not help. Is there any way to reset the password on my computer?
I have XP home
Thanks,
Susan

A:lost password

Welcome to TSG....

At the present time we are unable to assist with anything to do with Passwords for anything, basically because of the fact that we can not determine the ownership of the computer and the fact that this is a security matter. Please read the Tech Support Guy rules below:

Tech Support Guy Site Rules
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.703641/
Relevancy 44.72%

Good Day for most!

I have a Toshiba Laptop, and i set a password but forgot it what can i do?

which password? Windows login? BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.283803/
Relevancy 44.72%

This is not a query to get a password for an illegal version of any software I attend ITT Tech and at the beginning of my time there they gave Lost Password us all authorized copies of Microsoft Office The licenses were good until we graduate and I have several months left before that happens Since I periodically reformat my hard drive I put the sticker with the key on a jewel case that I kept the installation disk in So whenever I needed to reinstall the program bam there it was I m not sure what happened I think my three-year-old daughter must ve gotten ahold of it and peeled it off Now it s gone and I m wandering if there s any recourse I have to install the program again besides from finding a quot crack quot or other people s serials which I d rather not do Lost Password I don t know if Microsoft would take pity on one such as me or not I haven t tried to call them yet Anyway any help would be appreciated nbsp

Have you tried to contact ITT again? See if they could give you your key again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.416981/
Relevancy 44.72%

I changed my windows password and now when I try to log in it doesn't let me. I already try system recovery but it don't let me go to safe mode, the only option is normal windows. Please somebody help me.

I changed my windows password and now when I try to log in it doesn't let me. I already try system recovery but it don't let me go to safe mode, the only option is normal windows. Please somebody help me. Hi vilma1, and welcome to BleepingComputer. Unfortunately we have a strict policy regarding topics of this nature, please read the excerpt form the rules below.No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/102715/lost-password/
Relevancy 44.72%

I just installed win XP SP2 on a new hard drive and forgot my saved password for MSN Messanger. I know that windows stores passwords some where on the system just don't know where.

I can across a file or some thing that that showed me all my saved/stored passwords for email and web sites before just for got what it was.

I still have the old Hard drive and install, so if anyone can direct me in the right direction on where to look for stored/saved passwords i would greatly appreciate it.

A:Need Help Lost Password

Have you contacted MSN to see if they can reset it for you?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-lost-password-76277.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I've lost the password to my xp pro system bc i had my teacher at school reinstall xp pro on my comp. and we got out of school but i didnt get the password to the logon screen and now he is in florida on vacation can anyone tell me how to bypass the login screen and make another password? please any help would be great.

Forgotten Admin or User's Password = Win NT/2K/XP

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.470454/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm not sure if anyone can help with this problem but here goes.

I have recently upgraded to broadband and wanted to update my new e-mail address on the TSG site.

Unfortunately I have forgotten my password and I am unable to have a reminder sent to me as TSG is only recognising my old ie defunct e-mail address.

This is proving a real problem as at present any replies to my postings are not being indicated via e-mail and I am having to regularly check the site for any replies which is a pain to say the least.

Is there any way out of this dilemma. Any help would be really appreciated as over the last couple of years, TSG has come to my aid time and again and I really can't face the possibility of using my computer without it!!
Thanks
Jampot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.316933/
Relevancy 44.72%

i bought a used computer, and the administrator account is password protected. they cannot tell me what it is because they do not remember. i can't do anything, understandably, so how can i recover or change it so the computer can finally belong to me?

Instructions here: microsoftMark

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/91335/lost-password/
Relevancy 44.72%

i have a dell latitude d610 laptop, and the password was forgotten. i can't change the boot sequence either. it boots from the nic and then hard drive. how to i find the password or erase it?

Enter your email here i have an operatron 280 same thing and no windows xp cd . good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.1033172/
Relevancy 44.72%

ok ill make this simple. .i had a bad tattooist set a password on 2 of my pc,s before we fired him.now i cant log in to them.and i have no cd to reinstall win xp pro.now what.

A:lost password cant log in

Is the password for administrator? or just the main user? For most people it's actually the latter - start the computer in safe mode and you should get the option to log in as Administrator where you can then go to user accounts and remove the password for the other account and then restart normally. However if the Administrator account is the one that's password protected then you're in trouble.....maybe someone else will have advice in that case.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-password-cant-log-in-281338.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,
I put a password on my user account on my main hard drive but I seem to have forgotten it. I also have a second drive that has windows installed on it, I sometimes set as a slave drive. (No password on it). If I were to set my secondary drive as my main and my main as a slave drive, would I be able to go into the drive and delete a system 32 file that contains the password? Does anyone know? Any advice would be appreciated thx.

A:Lost password

Forum rules forbidden anyone from helping you with passwords.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-password-529424.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My friend has a Great Quality computer she purchased at Fry's. She can't remember her password, so I told her I'd try to find a way she could retrieve her password. Evidently it is a computer that needs a password to open it. I don't have that kind of a computer, so I don't understand how I can help her. Trying to help a friend,,,,,,thanks.

Sorry no lost password help here
Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

topic closed

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.1143082/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am using windows 7 stater and tryed to reset to factory defualt know asking for password and I forgot it ,tryed to resetbut it says need external device setup for that particuliar task,where do I get this devise.

and welcome to the Forum

Have you tried pressing enter with the password box empty? Sorry, but we will not help with circumventing passwords . . Please read our rules . . a link to them is at the top of every page

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-password-689812.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have been accessing a maintenace screen on a website. The password to access the screen was stored on windows for over a year.

Last week I deleted temp history and temp internet files. The password was deleted as well and since I haven't had to enter it for over a year I have totally forgotten it! Can it be retrieved by doing a restore to a date before the deletion? Any help will be very much appreciated.
Glider13

Welcome to TSG....

On this forum anything to do with the word password is actually forbidden, there is no way to know who the actual owner is for whatever the use for the password is and since this is a problem with it.

I would suggest contacting the site in question and if you can prove to them you are the owner then they might be able to help you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.684957/
Relevancy 44.72%

Sirius question requiring Sirius answer.

I installed w10 2-3 months ago on my spare HD & today booted it up but tried all I would have used as password with no success.

Is there any trick to boot it up to save wiping the HD & reinstalling w10? .....thanx ....nick

A:Password lost

Sorry Forum rules do not allow support for lost password issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/393189-password-lost.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Is there anyway that I can recover my Money Plus password, I have forgotten it!!!

do you use a live.com email account (Microsoft account) - you could reset from there
otherwise, as per the rules, we are unable to assist with forgotten password

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.1162242/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there, i have a very old laptop that i just want to use for typing. Its a Toshiba Portege 3110CT running Windows 2000. I have lost the password and cannot get past it. Tried F8 to fun in through Safe Mode, but still asking for Password. No Floppy or CD drive, external i think, but i dont have external drives. All i need it for is just for my typing, busy with a book. How do i bypass the Password option? I have tried using the username Administrator and password clear but no luck??
Please help??

Relevancy 44.72%

My father recently passed away and I am unable to log in to his laptop without the password. I've tried the safe mode but still asks for password

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/lost-password-at-log-on/td-p/5846622
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi there, if I am posting this in the wrong section, I apologize.

My problem is that I recently changed my logon password for my account (which has administrator priviledges) and for the life of me cannot remember. Ive tried every thing i can think of, but still cannot remember it.

I tried loginrecovery.com (the free version) but it did not work.

Currently im on my Guest account, which means I basically have no privileges, cannot change anything, or do much besides documents and web browsing.

I would be greatly appreciative if anyone could lend some advice on how to recover my password, or what programs to try.

Thanks!

A:Lost password :(

Hello and Welcome to TSF

In The Rules it clearly states that

Quote:

ASSISTANCE WITH ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES

We will not provide any user with information about the location of websites that assist with software pirating, hacking, password cracking and keystroke recording software. Furthermore we will not offer advice, assistance or instruction with regard to any of the above activities, illegal or otherwise.

Now, we cannot be assured that your issue is legit so we cannot assist.
I apologize for any inconveniences.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-password-239796.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Please help - I've been stoopiddd

I have a small Samsung laptop (running Windows 7 Starter, I think) which I haven't used in over a year.

For some reason, I used a different password to log onto Windows than I usually use, and didn't make a note of it.

Now I urgently need some files which are on that computer...

Is there any way I can either reset or bypass the password login screen to access the files?

Thanks in advance for your help - much appreciated!

Jay.

A:Help, please - lost password

Try this tutorial:

User Account Password - Change from WinRE

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/296951-help-please-lost-password.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Help I can't log in!  I made a password that you enter when windows 7 starts up and I cannot remember it. I should have wrote it down but didnt now I can't do anything on computer. I've tried F8 and every option available but nothing helps. Any ideas??             

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, i forgot my admin password. I am on my guest account right now. I have vacation pictures and pictures of my babies on my laptop that i dont want to lose. Can someone please help me

is there a way i can retrieve my pictures if i reboot my laptop?

I have tried Safe Mode but it don't work......and i was told its because i use windows vista home premium...

Can someone PLZZZZZZZ help i am soo desprate....and sad

Thanks

A:NEED help!!!! Lost Password!!

Hi LaRoth,
You might check out the methods in this tutorial

Reset User Account Password

Hope it helps

SIW2

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/194023-need-help-lost-password.html
Relevancy 44.72%

my brother had system crash--
Gateway desktop --- ? type---
( i am trying to help him long-ditance)
had to restore Win XP pro (disk with SP1)--
able to boot to sign on now, but lost password--
"admin" does not work as password.

any help/ suggestions ?

thanks.

peace.

If you just recovered/repaired the installation leave the password blank and press the <Enter> key.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/82781/lost-password/
Relevancy 44.72%

i cant log into windows xp as forgot the adminrstator pass word please help

EDIT you can also use this:

boot into safe mode

click start - run

in the box type userpasswords2

click on the account you forgot the password to and click reset password

type new password and confirm it in both boxes

click on ok

and it should work
this thread has one solution that worked well for me when I needed to change mine.

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-n...ator-password.html?highlight=lost+XP+password

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.550585/
Relevancy 44.72%

i recently dug up an old computer of mine, but...i dont konw the password. I was just wondering if there was anyway that i could get onto the system without deleting any of the files on the computer, and sort of avoiding the password part. Also, if i can get thourgh that, is there anyway taht i could change the password without knowing it? Thanks in advance

Relevancy 44.72%

My question is:
My sister forgot her pasword and has been trying everything for a week.

Would it be better to reformat the hard drive and reinstall windows 7 or restart the computer as a new computer?

Can either be done without the password or is it a paper weight?

Hi Later70,

Unfortunately, forum rules do not allow us to provide information that circumvents built-in security or copyright. I can sympathize with your dilemma and hope that you understand that there is no way we have to prove the legitimacy of your request though it is. However, we can suggest options.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/f/forgot-password-windows-7.ht

These also were posted by our own quietman7

Forgotten Password Instructions provided by Microsoft for Windows 7 and Vista:
What to do if you forget your Windows password in Windows 7
Reset your Windows 7 password - Create a Windows 7 password reset disk
What to do if you forget your Windows password in Vista
Non-Microsoft Forgotten Password Articles for Windows 7:
How to Reset Your Forgotten Windows Password the Easy Way in Windows 7
I forgot my Windows 7 password
Lost Administrator Password in Windows 7 or Vista
How to Reset the Password of a User Account in Windows 7
How do I Log on to my Windows 7 computer if I forgot my password
12 ways how to reset the Windows administrator password Windows 7, Vista, Windows XP
Hope this helps

Regards..............................

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/501209/lost-password/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey,

I've tried to make a small network with my sister's laptop so she could use my printer here. The problem is that I can't make a connection because she lost her password for UAC. Is there ANY way (exept re-installing Windows) to restore the password?

Thanks

It should be the administrator's windows login password. If you don't know that then you aren't even getting to the desktop screen. I read in here under another thread that there is a way to get past this. You will need to find that thread. I also know on ebay there are people selling a cd that is suppose to delete the admin password on vista. Look under software on ebay for that (I do not sell it).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-password-307444.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a problem with a password protected windows xp login. I left my hp laptop on and someone changed my password. I dont know who and havent a clue. How can I override this password? I have tried instaling xp professional but got no where. This machine is useless as it is. Can anyone help???

A:lost password.

Welcome to TSG....

On password stuff there is a security problem with it since we have no way of verifying your ownership of the computer. Password problems here at TSG are a do not help area.

Please to read the rules here:

Tech Support Guy Site Rules

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.592288/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi my daughters forgotten her password on her laptop, i have tried all the usual methods to get in to it but to no avail, in both normal and safe mode, we don't have the XP disc as she bought the laptop from a friend, i have even thought about downloading ophcrack but it seems a bit long winded and a little confusing, so has anyone got any ideas or knows how to get this situation sorted so that i can get her up and running again !
Thanks in advance !

A:Lost Password !

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php"No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences."Passwords are security measures.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265202/lost-password/
Relevancy 44.72%

i have lost Admin password. How to login or reset new passwd plzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

A:Password lost

From our Rules:
We will not provide any user with information about the location of websites that assist with the following activities

* software pirating
* hacking
* password cracking
* keystroke recording software

We will also not offer advice, assistance or instruction with regard to any of the above activities, illegal or otherwise.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/password-lost-661009.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi my daughters forgotten her password on her laptop, i have tried all the usual methods to get in to it but to no avail, in both normal and safe mode, we don't have the XP disc as she bought the laptop from a friend, i have even thought about downloading ophcrack but it seems a bit long winded and a little confusing, so has anyone got any ideas or knows how to get this situation sorted so that i can get her up and running again !
Thanks in advance !

Sorry,
Forum RULES do not allow us to help you with password issues.

Quote:

We will not provide any user with information about the location of websites that assist with the following activities

software pirating

hacking

password cracking

keystroke recording software

We will also not offer advice, assistance or instruction with regard to any of the above activities, illegal or otherwise.

Thread Closed.
Bill

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-password-423348.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Is there a way to recover a lost Windows login password???

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, my mum is running XP with Tiscali broadband. More often than not, when she tries to connect she is asked for her password ( we have tried clicking remember password!) but then is told it is not recognised. After several worth of helpline phone calls they take her thru the whole setting up procedure again & she is connected.
A few days later the same thing happens again!
Is this a money making ploy by Tiscali? Or is there something ( virus?) that could be causing the password to become unrecognised?

thanx

A:password keeps getting lost?

When you say they take her through the set up procedure again, does this include re setting the password in the modem?

If you call the providers help desk they should be able to give you the address to type into address box in your browser.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-keeps-getting-lost.779093/
Relevancy 44.72%

How do I access my Motorola Residential Gateway login if I have lost my password? I need to change settings and have already changed the factory defaults. I just forgot the new password.

Reset it to factory default settings. If you don't know the default login info consult the user manual.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.928231/
Relevancy 44.72%

Help! I password-protected some of my old Word documents and now I can't remember my password! I know it's really stupid, but is there a way to get around the problem?

A:Lost my password

try here
http://www.lostpassword.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-password.253700/
Relevancy 44.72%

alright, here's the situation: i had been meaning to change my administrator password for some time now and very late last nite, i went ahead with it. i then went to sleep (i don't usually log off when i go to sleep). this morning, apparently having forgotten that i had changed my password the night prior, i went into the control pannel to change my password again, and i seem to have forgotten the password i set. i keep getting "your original passsword is incorrect" messages.

so, i have full administrator access and i don't know my password. (i have already tried guessing several things and checking caps lock, etc.)

is there any hope for me?

You didn't set/give yourself a "hint"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106640/lost-password/
Relevancy 44.72%

Help I can't log in!  I made a password that you enter when windows 7 starts up and I cannot remember it. I should have wrote it down but didnt now I can't do anything on computer. I've tried F8 and every option available but nothing helps. Any ideas??             

This is an Acer Aspire One 722-0825

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Lost-password/td-p/442863
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi guys!! i recently bought a Echolife HG520s router and changed the password.
Now i want to change my WEP key as i think someone else is also using my connection but cant seem to remember the password. Is there anyway u ppl can help me
Pls as this is causing me a great deal of problem, my bandwidth is reduced and it takes centuries to download.

Pls help me out!!

Sorry Forum Rules forbit that!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.736079/
Relevancy 44.72%

when i press the f1 in start up i really dont remember the password any one know to recover it

A:i lost my password..

Do you have a second account you could try? Otherwise, you can do a repair install to reset the administrator password and get in.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/171058-i-lost-my-password.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Is there a way to recover a lost Windows login password???

Hi, maybe you should read the forum rules

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.762996/
Relevancy 44.72%

I got my computer stolen from me and i got it back... too bad they put a master password on my computer and i dont know how to bypass it.. how can i get past this? for my mother board P5N32-E SLI

A:PASSWORD lost

Sorry. No help with passwords.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-lost.658119/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have lost track of my ADSL connection password. It is saved in my computer and connects automatically. Is there a way to recover it short of contacting my service provider?

Thanks!

Relevancy 44.72%

I put a  password not to allow other people in but locked myself out cause I forgot it.  Is there a way to bypass this.  I know I should have wrote it downshame, shame on me

l_h. When asked for the password just hit enter 3 times. Post any code. REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/lost-password/td-p/5649017
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a new customer who has forgotten his password to the server. He is running Server 2003. Any way to get in without a complete reinstall?

There are tools out there for that sort of thing. But I cannot provide any more info on that.

In short, I don't believe there is a way. I don't suppose he had a password hint?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/82883-lost-password.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I know this forum is for vista but i just wondered if anyone can help me help my daughter ! My daughters forgotten her password on her laptop, i have tried all the usual methods to get in to it but to no avail, in both normal and safe mode, we don't have the XP disc as she bought the laptop from a friend, i have even thought about downloading ophcrack but it seems a bit long winded and a little confusing, so has anyone got any ideas or knows how to get this situation sorted so that i can get her up and running again !
Thanks in advance !

A:Lost Password !

1.To have access to another computer to download & burn tool for reset password.
Reset User Account Password

2.If you lazy and you have Vista DVD you can enable build-in Admin account remotely What do I do: I can no longer log in or elevate to an administrator account

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/255566-lost-password.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i have a Toshiba Tecra 510 CDT laptop that someone gave me. Model # PA1232U. We don't know the password. when i turn it on, i get a blank/black screen with "password =" in the top left. the sticker on the machine says "windows 95", so it's an older machine. does anyone know how to boot up and re-set the password?

i dont think there is an easy way to reset the password. a lot of PC you have a jumper on the mother board or you can remove the bios battery.

I think toshiba use a some form of loopback connector

you may want to try toshiba support line
this is the site http://www.toshiba.com/tai-new/Support.jsp not sure what country you are in - this is USA
or
do a google search for
reset bios password in laptopsClick to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.275562/
Relevancy 44.72%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD C-50 Processor, AMD64 Family 20 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1642 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics, 384 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 224174 MB, Free - 179496 MB; D: Total - 13995 MB, Free - 1743 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3577
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabledlost

Can't remember my password to my compaq cq57 laptop. How can I reset it to no password?

A:lost my password

As per the site rules, we don't assist with password issues as we don't know the actual situation or intent.

Closing thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-my-password.1137302/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey , i have now forgotten the pass to my only account on windows 7 , I don't have the disk as it cam installed to my laptop , I don't understand how to use that offline nt password & registtry editor , yes I have a USB but no empty disks , help fast!!

A:Help with lost password.

No problem. Reboot into Safe Mode, and log into the built-in Administrator account. Then go to Control Panel>User Accounts>Manage Another Account>[Your Username] and change the password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/85294-help-lost-password.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I set myself up as a user in Windows XP and forgot my password. How can I get in? I can't get past the first window. I have tried every password I can recall that I've used but none work.

Are you using Windows XP Home Edition???

If so you can startup in safe mode, login as Administrator (which has no password as default I think) and reset your User password....
Alternatively, you can just try logging in as 'Administrator' instead of your user name if it lets you...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.99646/
Relevancy 44.72%

Ok I recently changed my password om my pc, win 7 ultimate x86
and I never change the question, so now i'm stuck.

Can anyone point me in the right direction on getting a password back
or cracking tool for my password.

I looked at ophcrack, but by the loks of it its only good for xp or vista

Thanks

A:Lost password....

Hello Navop.

Have a look at Option Two in the guide below; be sure to post back to keep us informed.

Password Reset Options in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/97782-lost-password.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi a friend of mine has a e-systems pc and they have a password on it at startup and they cant remember their password and they found a old cd in a drawer and have used that to restore back to factory settings and it isnt working it wont do anything but the same thing over and over again and they put the disk in it says press any key to boot cd so they do that and it comes up with a blue screen and they have deleted the partitions so they now have no operating system on their computer and cant get anything to work and they dont have the right cd for it is there anything they can do

please help

thanks

They can try to buy a set of Recovery DVDs from the PC manufacturer.

They can buy Windows 7 or Vista.

They can use a Linux distribution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.1059453/
Relevancy 44.72%

Lost the Password for the main desktop when it was changed by someone. How do I retrieve my desktop? 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/2ed3fdc9-6bd8-49d4-b2fb-97f927087165/lost-password?forum=itprovistadesktopui
Relevancy 44.72%

I have two computers with xp professional that had the same password which has been forgotten. I was able to enter in safe mode and change the password on the first pc., however, the other opens a log-in window even in safe mode.
I entered safe mode with command prompt. and the windows log-in  popped up.
Therefore, I am stymied. please advise.

A:lost password xp pro

Hello and Welcome,
Try the following. You will need to create a bootable CD or USB.

http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537752/lost-password-xp-pro/
Relevancy 44.72%

model #m6-k010dx / windows 8/ I forgot my admin, password and dont want to loose my stuff that is on here. how can i get in , and not loose my info ?

Ndcuch. Windows login password or power-on password??? REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/lost-password/td-p/5651373
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I misplaced my MS OFF Enterprise 2007 password, which am running now on this machine.

Need to format it BUT have misplaced the pw.......how can I retire it?

Thanks.

A:Lost password?

I think you mean the product key for Office not a password.

See this thread, second post.

Hard Drive Crashed - How to Recover MicroSoft Office? - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/339736-lost-password.html
Relevancy 44.72%

i change my password while partying.when i wokeup i could not remember it.how do i get it back?

Sorry but no-one here will help with password recovery (and it's against forum rules). We don't know who you are and if the system is actually yours.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-password-291972.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
So recently i went to a website that provided an "AIM Fetch" service that would use my AIM account to send a mass IM to my friends about the website. This site is XuGa.com. It seemed legit, it's like a friendster/facebook type of thing. I did that yesterday and today while I'm online, my AOL logs off. When I try to log back on, it says my password is invalid. I try to get my "new password" sent to me, but I made my SN 8 years ago, so I have noooooooooo idea what email account is connected to it. Please help!!!

Relevancy 44.72%

I bought the new laptop with Windows 7, on the old there was Windows XP. I need to transfer the mail on new, but i've lost the password for the outlook express mailbox. How do I reset it and/find it? I'd be grateful for a solution.

Thanks.

A:I've lost my password

You need to contact your email provider to get a new password.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/362966-ive-lost-my-password.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Just bought this Classmate Notebook for my wife and she passworded it to startup.  A few days ago she opened a Microsoft Outlook e-mail and put another password for it.  She shut down the system for that day.  The following day the Notebook failed to recognize the password she put in.  Thinking that the Outlook password is corrupted, we went online to Microsoft Outlook website and changed the password for outlook but the Notebook keeps saying 'Your PC is offline. Please sign in with the last password used on this PC.'  Simply, we have lost it as my wife keeps changing passwords for fun and can't remember the last one she used. Please anyone with any idea how to get the Notebook running again?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Lost-Password/td-p/5657371
Relevancy 44.72%

My problem is regarding my Administrative account. I had a stroke and cannot remember the password for this account. I have 2 accounts on my PC. One is the Admistrator account, and the second is a regular user account. I did this for security reasons. So I could browse the web. Unfortunately I cannot remember the password for my Admin account, because I do not use it often. Is there anyway I can figure out what the password is?

TSG supplies no support for password issues. BigTobster, You should delete your post. A mod will close this post.

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.1097057/
Relevancy 44.72%

One of my users lost his windows 2000 password, is there another way to get on his laptop?

A:Help!! Lost Password

I found this HTH

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258289

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-lost-password.225271/
Relevancy 44.72%

Help.....

My assistant recently left my employment on a hard note. During his last days at work he managed to change passwords on our system. Now i have no access to our computers. Even the administrator passwords have been changed. I'm using Windows 2000.
What's can I do to take our system back?

I re-installed Win2K using the boot disks I made using a Win2K system, it reset the Administrator password and account. You can then log-in as Administrator with no password and add users back to the system, their information should still be intact. You can then reset the passwords as needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.45777/
Relevancy 44.72%

help me, i have problem... before this incident happen, i have change my log in screen skin theme using tune up utilities 2010. after a while, tune up have problem and i uninstalled the tune up without changing back the log on screen to its original skin. then after i reboot my computer, the log on screen become blank and password box does not appear. So, how can i remove log on screen? i have tried safe mode and it also doesnt have password box. help me please???

A:I lost my password box at log in and i cannot log in!!! Help me!!!

Can you do a system restore before you made these changes?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-lost-my-password-box-at-log-in-and-i-cannot-log-in-help-me-506794.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, I am able to log on to Windows with the fingerprint reader, as I always do. In the process I have forgotten my keyboard password as I never use it. Occasionally / rarely the fingerprint reader does not work and the only option is the password. I then have to reboot to get the fingerprint reader to work. Is there any way of resetting the password using my fingerprint?

Thanks, Henry.

Once you have logged in you can open "User Accounts" in control panel and set any password you like.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/lost-password-704577.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hi please could someone help me i have a windows xp home and i total for got my password and even if i boot it in safe mode i can not accses the computer also guest is not turned on so how could i get to log on please help me !!!!

Relevancy 44.72%

I forgot my password and now I can't login to my profile can someone help

Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Windows 7 Laptop, and thought I could reset it with CTRL + F11 because it is a dell, but I did not. I have only 1 account as the admin, and no password for it. No disc drive for password reset, and I have no USB Flash Drive available for a month nearby me. I have no-where to go either. I am using info from my friend's laptop to reset it, I held CTRL and pressed control, thenpressed them both at the same time and it beeped, now it says it has no operating system. Please Help, I'll wait and if anyone has a response but no TechGuy Account please email me (NO SPAM!) @ <email removed>

You might want to remove your email address unless you want to get spam.As to the password problem we might not be able to help you with that as per the forum rules.If it says no operating system chances are the harddrive is failing or has failed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.1040925/
Relevancy 44.72%

i have a satellite notebook i lost my password to log into windows is there a way to bypass the password so i can log onto it????

Sorry but Password help is against the forum rules.

You'll have to visit your local PC shop.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-password-507986.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Happy holidays to you all!!

Can someone tell me how to get past a administrator password at stat up please, my 14 y.o. son put a password on his computer and forgot it now he's about it and to be honest it's now only good enough to use as a boat anchor, if we can't get past this password, then I can have my computer back & not worry about the nasties he's downloading onto my computer

Hi!

The rules clearly state we can not help you with bypassing forgotten passwords as we cannot verify your intentions, sorry.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-password.667379/