Windows Support Forum

Latitude E7250 Plastic cover peeling

Q: Latitude E7250 Plastic cover peeling

I have a fairly new laptop and the cover is peeling from the casing. Is this covered by the warranty as I would have thought this should not be happening so soon. The service tag is CJY4J72 and the laptop is less than a year old.

Thank you

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Latitude E7250 Plastic cover peeling

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Latitude E7250 Plastic cover peeling

Your images are not linked -- but you should call Dell support to see what they say.
If it's cosmetic damage, they won't cover it -- if it's a manufacturing defect, they should.
Relevancy 86.86%

My Chromebook c720 touchpad cover is peeling back.  What can I do to fix this?

A:My Chromebook c720 touchpad cover is peeling back....

Go buy a new one. Such as from Amazon, and cut it to a size of your liking. Or ask Acer support if they can find you one.

First, CALM DOWN and look at my profile picture. Calm? Now post your message. If I helped, a Kudos would be great! Marking as solution will help others as well, thank you!
Relevancy 86.86%

My Chromebook c720 touchpad cover is peeling back.  What can I do to fix this?

A:My Chromebook c720 touchpad cover is peeling back....

Go buy a new one. Such as from Amazon, and cut it to a size of your liking. Or ask Acer support if they can find you one.

First, CALM DOWN and look at my profile picture. Calm? Now post your message. If I helped, a Kudos would be great! Marking as solution will help others as well, thank you!
Relevancy 79.98%

I have an HP Printer inkjet, 840 series, I am trying to remove the right side cover in order to get to the ink drip pan. The pan is so full of packed ink, it looks more like tar. I removed the one screw on the cover right side cover but after that I can't figure how to continue to remove the plastic cover in order to get to the ink drip pan and clean the mess out.

Does the right side cover come off by itself, or is there a previous section that needs removal first? How do you remove that right side plastic cover? I've tried searching, navigating to literally hundreds of sites, forum help, etc, lots of discussions about the printers, etc, but no where do I find info on removing and/or dismantling the HP Printer. Help please..

A:Removing Plastic Cover HP Printer Ink jet

vicktor said:

I have an HP Printer inkjet, 840 series, I am trying to remove the right side cover in order to get to the ink drip pan. The pan is so full of packed ink, it looks more like tar. I removed the one screw on the cover right side cover but after that I can't figure how to continue to remove the plastic cover in order to get to the ink drip pan and clean the mess out.

Does the right side cover come off by itself, or is there a previous section that needs removal first? How do you remove that right side plastic cover? I've tried searching, navigating to literally hundreds of sites, forum help, etc, lots of discussions about the printers, etc, but no where do I find info on removing and/or dismantling the HP Printer. Help please..Click to expand...
Relevancy 79.98%

I would like to know if such a failure under warranty . Laptop never once fell. There was suddenly opened . It happened so suddenly from day to day , I do not know what to do with it. I'm afraid that something could become serious . I put photos .
Relevancy 79.55%

So I have Dell Latitude e7250 with i7 CPU (5600) and the CPU temperature is reaching 103 C when it's under load. 
I did the self test and I got a warning about the temperature out of range issue. 
Is it normal for this laptop ? Please note that I'm not getting any auto restart or shutdown, just seeing overheat using HW monitor SW.

A:Dell Latitude E7250 overheat

Hi Aghanem
Thanks for writing to us.
Is there is a performance lag? Is the machine overheating to the extend that you cant touch the machine?
If the bios is not up to date, please do the same and keep us posted.
Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name
in blue and then select send a private message
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm looking to add WWAN to my e7250. Which WWAN cards are compatible? I'm looking for Verizon 4G. I think DW5808e is one of them but wondered if there were others.

A:Latitude e7250 compatible WWAN

Thanks for writing to us. 
DW5808E and DW5809E both are compatible with this system. 
Should you have any questions do revert.
Have a good one. 
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello, I have a Dell Latitude E7250 that I recently reset it to factory settings. When I tried tuning laptop on afterwards and a screen that pops up that says, "Windows isn't Activated" then when I scroll down and click on the "Activation Details" section it says
Error Code: 0x80072EE7
The serve name or address could not be resolved

The laptopl will not let me go online with WIFI, stating that there ae no Wifi connections available.
Could anyone tell me how I could resolve this without having to connect to WIFI with the laptop?
Please and Thanks!

A:Latitude E7250 Windows Activation Help

Did you do a factory recovery, or  a reinstallation of Windows?  If the latter, where did the copy of Windows come from?  What version (7, 8 or 10)?
Relevancy 79.12%

Where can I find a hard plastic keyboard cover? One is pictured below at the bottom of the page:

I've been on the internet looking and I can't find anything. I've searched Ebay and Google. Can anyone help?

Relevancy 79.12%

HiCould somone tell me the product code for the plastic cover goes underneath my laptop please?My cover went missing shortly after it came back from HP for a repair. I guess they didn't tighted the screws properly? I know need to get a cover for this asap!Product details: HP Pavilion G7-2302SA Serial: 5CD2485FK8 Thankyou for you help
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi! :-)
On an A12 BIOS on my E7250, UEFI PXE booting doesn't appear in one-time boot menu and BIOS configuration (of course UEFI Network Stack and NIC w/PXE boot is enabled).After downgrading BIOS to A00, it magically comes back, but after updating back to A12 - it's gone again.
I've also tried A08, no option in here, so it was probably broken before.Legacy NIC boot works nicely and flawlessly.
Are there any Dell guys out here who could forward it to BIOS development team?
Relevancy 77.83%

Me and 2 co-workers got new computers, E7250.
Together with the E-Port Plus II docking station. (PR02X)
Problem is that one of the external monitors keeps flickering to black, as if loss of signal after a while.
Docking out and in again solves it, or removing the DVI-cable and putting it in again.I run 3 external monitors + internal.
Co-workers runs 3 external only.Same on all, one of the external monitors flickers.I have the latest BIOS, latest driver for GPU and Chipset.This does not help.Any suggestions?
Relevancy 77.4%

Received a new Dell desktop unit and the Front Door I/O Plastic Bezel/Cover was loose in the box and not attached. Flexing the plastic door to attach to the two connection points is easy enough, but there is a small spring that needs to attach, presumably to keep the door closed when not in use. There is a small hole on the connection point of the door itself where one end of the spring goes, but I'm not able to figure out where to attach/place the other end so that the spring will work. Suggestions welcomed.

Relevancy 76.11%

Does anyone know of a way or download I can use to remove an existing service tag on a Dell system board? Working on a Dell Latitude E7250.

Your feedback would be much appreciated.

A:Dell Service Tag removal on a Latitude E7250/7250 (Late 2014)

WHY? The tag is fundamental to getting parts for that system.
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello I m pretty sure I ve discovered a bug after a graphics driver update last week I can duplicate the problem using the following scenario Latitude E with Intel graphics Dell simple port replicator docking station Any E7250 driver black wakes a video monitor with bug in up Latitude Discovered external monitor plugged into DisplayPort on dock Windows Professional -bit Intel graphics driver -A downloaded from the Dell drivers and support page filename Video Driver H WN A EXE Laptop running in dock with lid closed external display only Remove laptop from Docking station open lid use laptop Close lid wait for laptop to sleep Put laptop in dock leave lid closed press power button on dock to wake laptop Monitor turns on with black screen and a mouse The mouse appears to be able to move off the lefthand side of the screen you Discovered a bug in video driver Latitude E7250 wakes up with black external monitor can move it off a distance and it takes a little while to return to the screen when you move the mouse back to the right ie it seems like the laptop thinks the monitor has a display arrangment with this Discovered a bug in video driver Latitude E7250 wakes up with black external monitor black screen on the far right although it s the only monitor At this point there are a couple of ways you can get Discovered a bug in video driver Latitude E7250 wakes up with black external monitor the external display back to normal open the lid the system returns to mirrored or extended display as expected close the lid re-wake laptop with the power button on the dock and it comes up on the external monitor normally Or power off the monitor wait a few seconds power the monitor back on - it seems to detect displays and returns to normal external-only display arrangement If I uninstall this particular driver version and install an older driver the next most recent I could find was Video Driver FGGYJ WN A EXE and the above error does not happen I didn t open a support case because my user needed their computer back so I wouldn t have it to make the phone call Can anyone else confirm if they can duplicate this issue or can a Dell rep confirm if I can open a case without the computer present I can completely duplicate this issue - install the newer driver and it works incorrectly as described above Install the older driver and it works like it should - waking up to the external display with the lid closed normally Thanks -D
Relevancy 74.39%

So I ve been trying to get all of the machines in our organization up-to-speed on the latest standards nbsp I figured that as long as anyone is getting any NEW machine imaged and set up for them that machine might as well be set up in UEFI mode with GPT partitioning as those are the latest standards for PCs We have a lot of Dell machines and I UEFI my E7250 Professional detect doesn't 7 - Latitude drive Windows reinstallation USB mode in have had no problem getting tons of them booting to my Windows Professional installation USB drives in UEFI mode and installing Latitude E7250 - doesn't detect my Windows 7 Professional USB reinstallation drive in UEFI mode a build of Latitude E7250 - doesn't detect my Windows 7 Professional USB reinstallation drive in UEFI mode Windows in UEFI mode using GPT partitioning for the drive nbsp E s E s Latitude E7250 - doesn't detect my Windows 7 Professional USB reinstallation drive in UEFI mode E s all work fine The Latitude E doesn t even detect the USB drive that I plug into it that has worked flawlessly for so many other machines nbsp I have the latest BIOS A nbsp Secure Boot is disabled nbsp I have tried plugging in the USB drive in a USB port on the E-Port Plus docking station nbsp I have disabled USB nbsp The machine does not detect USB devices in UEFI mode This is a laptop that costs north of Dell nbsp For real

A:Latitude E7250 - doesn't detect my Windows 7 Professional USB reinstallation drive in UEFI mode

This is not Dell's doing - it's Microsoft and Intel at work.  They removed the ability to boot Skylake-based systems from USB to install WIndows 7:
While you can find ways around it (see below), whatever reasons you have for running Windows 7 should be very seriously rethought now -- the Skylake platform is the very last Intel platform that will run 7 -- the soon to be released 7th generation (Kaby Lake) CPUs will not run Windows 7 at all.
Work around:
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello, the plastic piece which coers the mini SD card and the SIM card area on the back of my X1 Yoga seems to have gone missing.  Can anyone recommend how I can get a replacement part?  I really don't want to send it in to Lenovo because I can't be without the laptop for that long.  Thanks, Adi.
Relevancy 54.18%

i bought my lenovo ideapad s510p touch from usa in dec 2013, i only hav upgraded warranty.,  
recently my laptop's TOP COVER  has broken i need the part very urgently please any one can help meee please  
Link to picture/image
Link to picture/image
Link to picture/image
Link to picture/image
Mod comment: Over sized pictures converted to links. Please see About-Posting-Pictures-In-The-Forums

A:lenovo s510p touch top cover broken, top cover nee...

hi sumanth same i had also bought lenovo s510p from usa and me too had same problem.Lenovo people are asking 4500 for back panel .
Relevancy 54.18%

I am looking for FRU part number for LCD Hinge Cover and Strip cover, its not clear in the Hardware maintenance manual. Can someone please help me? My right side hinge cover is broken. The parts I am looking for are on Page 51 of the Hardware Maintenance Manual and are labeled # 3.
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi guys!

I have a CD that I burnt a while ago. Unfortunately the edge of the face coating is peeling (i.e. now you can see through it) which is stopping my CD Drive from being able to read the data.

Is there any trick to fixing this? Can I use some kind of material to "coat" the CD again?

Look forward to hearing any tips.

Thanks in advance.

A:Peeling CD - How do I fix it?

As soon as the data layer starts to peel, there is no way saving it. Even if it is on the very edge and has no data on it, it is not saveable in anyway.

Basically, you gotta look after your CD's better.

Relevancy 52.89%

From time to time various programs/applications will freeze-up and/or I will get a "Not Responding" message. Then the screen peels. I have used xp_taskbar repeatedly but it only works for a limited time. Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Peeling Screen

This could be a heat issue, have you checked to see if you have a build up of dust on the heat sink and fan on the CPU?If this isn't the case, look in the Event Viewer to see what errors appear at the time that you are experiencing these freezes. All events are log with a date and time.Start> right click on My Computer> Manage> Event Viewer. Be sure that you choose System.The error will appear in the far left column and will appear as a red dot with a white X inside. Each of the columns has a title at the top of them, the column that you want is the Event column. When you see an error follow it to the right across the page to the event column, there will be a set of numbers in there, this is the error code. If you right click on the error code a drop menu will appear, click on Properties, another page will open which will contain a description of the error.Please post the error codes and descriptions back in this topic.
Relevancy 52.46%

My computer was running really slow so I ran AVG Antivirus and Ad-Aware but nothing untoward was detected I thought maybe it was full of junk I didn t know what was junk and what wasn t so I decided to reformat I did this and everything seemed fine initially It was opening and closing programs very quickly That was a few weeks ago and yet again the same thing is happening again Its started running really slow The windows don t close instantly but peel down ever so slowly I downloaded all the updates after I reformatted from Microsoft like it advised and ended up with all these Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack MB Microsoft NET Framework Service Pack MB Microsoft NET Framework SP MB Could this have anything to do with it s performance Anyway today I ran Avg Anivirus and Analyzer No virused were detected but it did detect errors Ad-Aware hasn t shown up any spyware or malware My System Properties are Windows XP Home Version I have an Intel Pentium CPU GHz and MB of RAM I don t PC and Slow Windows Peeling have games lots of photos and music files Slow PC and Peeling Windows Only regular stuff like MS Office and the like I would really appreciate any advice you can give me

A:Slow PC and Peeling Windows

<<today I ran Avg Anivirus and Analyzer...>>

What is Analyzer?

448MB of RAM can run XP...adding Office increases the toll on the system. If you have many other such applications need to look at removing them...or increasing the amount of RAM for the system, IMO.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Guys I wondered if anyone knew how to prevent the screen protector on my iPod Touch th gen from peeling off There is a small part in the bottom left corner that keeps on coming up a bit I off Prevent screen protector from peeling think it is caused by the rubber-like iPod Case that I Prevent screen protector from peeling off have which sort of pushes on the corner of the screen protector causing it to come up out If I remove the case then it is fine but I need the case to hide all the scratches on the back The case is a CAPDASE case which is a bit stretchy and translucent It protects the back When I try to quot tuck quot it under the screen protector it stays fine for a minute or so but then it comes off again Any ideas Might glue work Will it damage the screen It is only one corner The rest of the front is perfect Thanks in advance EDIT It is a CAPDASE Soft Jacket XPOSE nbsp

A:Prevent screen protector from peeling off

That "screen protector" is used during manufacture and shipping of the iPod and you can remove it anytime to solve this problem
Relevancy 49.02%

Dear All I am having trouble with installing a clean OS on on clean boot can't W7 E7250 install my machine which is Dell Latitude E I spent three straight days to no avail on the issue that seems to W7 clean install can't boot on E7250 be known This is what I did at first I downloaded the Windows PRO image from the drivers and downloads section made a bootable USB drive and booted it at which point I get one of the two errors USB boots shows that windows is loading files presents a windows logo opens a nice blue Windows background but the installation menu for Windows doesn lsquo t show up Installation menu shows up but then asks for the required drivers in order to read the data from USB Note installation menu shows up every time if booting from an SD card but then stops at error number This is the BIOS setup that I use to boot the drive UEFI is off Legacy Boot is on Secure boot is off This is the setup that I use for the USB drive I think I have tried every possible combination of formatting and partition schemes I did some research to find that the image provided may not have the required USB drivers integrated and followed these instructions to get the right image http www dell com support article us en SLN This extensive tutorial leads to downloading the same W image I have already experimented on Then I tried to follow this tutorial http www dell com support article us en SLN And then this http dellwindowsreinstallationguide com converting-your-dell-windows-reinstallation-dvd-into-a-reinstallation-usb DeletingtheEIUSB Both getting one of the two errors described above I have also another two points to make I have another E laptop on which I tested the above solutions and got identical results I have successfully booted other images with different operating systems There is another possibility hellip Dell system detect has to be ON to download the W image maybe the image is specifically tailored to boot only on the exact same machine And if so hellip This makes no sense on many different levels How should I go around it if the system is bricked
Relevancy 49.02%

Dear Community,
Do you guy knew if Dell E7250 is able to install ADDITIONAL ssd in M.2 Expansion Slots?
In the specification it's show there are free M.2 slot for WWAN or SSD.

If it's support what SSD M.2 model should i but 2242?

A:Dell E7250 SSD Expansion Slot

The additional slot referenced is in the E-dock expansion adapter - NOT the system.  The system takes only one internal M.2 drive.
If you have (or purchase) the E-dock port adapter, you'll have the additional M.2 slot.
Relevancy 47.73%

Has anyone got the fingerprint reader working on the Dell e7250 with Windows 10 ?
I have download just about every driver Dell has to offer with no success - in Control Vault I have a yellow warning triangle and (code 10).
Is there any switch in the BIOS that needs to be activated? the laptop has had a clean install of Windows 10
Also in the device driver there is no reference to any Broadcom hardware.

thanks for any help
Relevancy 47.73%

So I downloaded the image from Dells site and put it on a USB and booted from it. My SSD does show up, but it gives me an error when I try to install it on a partition. I forgot the exact error, but it says something about checking the log which I also can't find. I even tried deleting the partition and installing it on the volume it shows and even tried creating a new one. None of it worked.

Basically I took out the old SSD (I think its an M2 SSD) and put in a larger one and just want to put Windows on it again.
Relevancy 46.87%

Hopefully someone can help with the problem we have.  We have purchased several E7250 and E7450 laptops, which we've managed to configure with our corporate image but, when applying McAfee Endpoint Encryption v5.2.12, the following reboot reports an error at startup
"Error: 0xe002001b
No Boot disk was found"
We've applied this version of EEPC to all our previous Latitude models without issue, it's just this new model range. 
We've tried imaging using AHCI and RAID, other don't change the outcome.

If anyone has an answer to this, we'd be most grateful.

A:Dell E7250/E7450 - McAfee Endpoint Encryption, No boot disk

Hi DarrenPG,
Thanks for your post on the Dell Community Forum. 
A Google search produced the following information from the McAfee website:
Have you tried any of the solutions there?
Relevancy 46.44%

Okay here's the deal In XP on my in the explorer, of cover can't files images' see 'cover images .pdf laptop when I go to the folder that has some of my books in it in pdf format if I set the 'VIEW' to SMALL cover images of .pdf files in explorer, can't see the 'cover images' ICONS MEDIUM ICONS LARGE ICONS I can see what the cover of the book looks like This makes it so that I don't always have to READ the title of the book to grab the one I need However I can't put all my books on my laptop and do most of my work on my desktop Here's the rub my desktop is running VISTA and when I go to any folder that has books in it in pdf format no matter which 'VIEW' I choose all I see is the Adobe PDF logo Can someone help me fix this so that I can see the 'book covers' PLEASE If you need pictures of what I'm talking about please ask and I'll put them up for you to see Thanks dog P S I have posted this same issue at GeekstoGo and had no help I was hoping I could get help here cuz this is just about Windows
Relevancy 44.29%

okay, some of you know about the Lego computer, here is another thread about, sorry, but i am trying to make it a real computer now, have a 1.2 ghz celeron on the way.

Question. where should i ground the mother board, the case is plastic, so i need to probably run wires from something.

Point-The mobo is attached to a metal plate to allow for easy changing of mobo.

A:grounding plastic

You will have to ground to the outside case of the power supply, should work fine from the motherboard back plane
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, i have a strange question. My laptop, the HP DV6-3299en Rossignol Edition, the plastic part where the hinges are beeing held by the screws broke on both sides and also the top side plastic. I searched the internet but i cant find spare parts to buy. So my question is: are there other HP laptops with similar plastic parts so the board and the display will fit in? I don't care if it is black or silver or with any drawnings on it.

A:HP DV6-3299en Plastic Parts

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey,So I've been dealing with my laptop smelling like burning plastic every time I use it. I don't have it plugged it to charge and it smells. The bottom is real hot to touch even though I give it room to cool.I've had other problems with it and was wondering if I could return it or do something about it. I've had the laptop less the one year.

A:Burning plastic Smell

#HPExpertDayTurn off the computer, unplug all attached cables and call HP Support ASAP.Not kidding...
Relevancy 43.86%

A:Small Plastic Box On Modem

Hi Dave

It's probably there to stop you getting a shock - or giving a "static" shock to the modem.
Relevancy 43.86%

To whomsover it may concern,My notebook is still under extended warranty till 2018. A few days back I noticed a crack near the hinge and also the base part near the hinge broken.As i find it to be a very common problem in hp laptops, will i get the plastic base replacement from HP?If yes, please help me out with the steps i need to take for the replacement. I am really disappointed by the unsatisfactory product quality by such a huge company. I had to call the customer care almost every month in the past year. Do not force me give up on your products, HP.please help.
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,is it possible to get a new top plastic (plastic behind the screen) for HP Notebook 17-x007nm? Model Number: 17-x007nmProduct Number: Y0A62EA#BED (or YOA62EA#BED)Serial Number: 8CG632Z1M (or 8CG632ZIM)Warranty: 1y1y0y

View Solution.

A:Plastic parts for laptop

Anything can be had at a price. Yours is non-touch so these are the possible parts, depending on color: Display enclosure (non touch models) Red models 856594-001 White silver models 856593-001 Noble blue models 856596-001 Turbo silver models 856592-001 Black models 856591-001 Teal models 856595-001 Iris purple models 900660-001 Power blue models 908289-001 Green models 908290-001 Lilac models 908291-001 From adverstising sites it looks like it is silver so, if so, this is the part: $42 from the HP Parts Store in the US, which is not bad. If you need a different color or shipping to another country let us know.  If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.
Relevancy 43.86%

I've decided to take the heatsink off of an older (not much older) video card and add it to my geforcefx to go along with the fan that's on it. I figure this'll help cool it down more, even if it can't do too much as it wasn't designed for it. I know it fits, but the little plastic pins that hold the fan or heatsink on are too short.

So my question, is there an actual name for those little plastic pins? What is it? And where might I find longer ones?

Thanks heaps in advance!

A:What are those little plastic pins called?

Try looking for plastic standoffs.. You could forget the plastic pins and just use Artic Alumina Epoxy to glue the sink to the card.
Use either this

or this
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey all The other day I thought I could smell burning On (PSU) Melted Plastic Wires plastic So I shut down the comp and had a look The two wires shown below have melted their covering plastic They go to a front case fan zalman zm f at full speed Melted Plastic The wires come from this connector which comes from an Antec True PGB PSU These two wires then finish off at a pin male fan connector This then goes into the pin female fan connector from my zalman zm f Connector Could anyone please tell me why the plastic has melted Obviosuly the wire itself is too hot which Melted Plastic On Wires (PSU) is melting the Melted Plastic On Wires (PSU) plastic but why is that wire getting too hot I have only been able to smell burning plastic once The wires now don t seem hot at all and the computer and front case fan works fine But it is bothering me something must have gone wrong In case you need em my specs are amd athlon xp ghz gb ddr pc ram msi mobo socket A msi gt agp gpu gb seagate hdd dvd rw dvd rom antec true pgb - uk version Cheers nbsp

A:Melted Plastic On Wires (PSU)

Is the gauge smaller on these than the ones of the fan?
(In fact, what's the gauge of the wires)
How many watts is the Zalman using?
If the contact is poor at one end or the other, the wire is making more resistance, and then heating.
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there

Now W7 is making its inevitable progress to RTM and final can I make a plea to MS to abandon those HORRIBLE THICK plastic boxes like they use for VISTA for shipping W7 in (and being more environmentally friendly as well).

1) Really awkward for storage space if you keep the original packaging.

2) If you don't keep the original packaging then assuming a possible market of several million copies of W7 -- that's a HUGE amount of non bio-degradable plastic going out to Landfill -- enevironmentally very bad indeed.

3) If you buy and receive W7 by "Snail Mail" -- the old fashioned Postal system then it will cost more for shipping - the trucks need more space hence will use more gas etc etc.

4) They look ugly anyway.

A:Please MS No more of those HUGE plastic boxes for W7

I utterly agree with these statements 100%, and there obnoxiously big and ugly..

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I want to buy HP ProBook 450 G4 Notebook and wanted to know if the part that says HP behind the screen if it is made of plastic or other material
Relevancy 43.86%

I would like to get some protective plastic coating; I am referring to the kind of sheets that come with laptops, which people often just remove. I have a few nice net netbooks for my classroom and I'd like them to be protected as they scratch easily. Thanks!

A:Where can I get protective plastic for notebook?

I would imagine that stationary shops would sell them ....
Relevancy 43.43%

Does anyone know where I can purchase a plastic base for a Pentium 4 CPU heatsink. You know, the plastic thing that holds the Heatsink down. One of the corners broke when removing the heatsink. Any info appreciated.

A:Pentium4 Heatsink plastic base. Where?

Its generally called a Pentium 4/Socket 478 retention bracket.

Here's one place I found on the internet that sells them: Pentium 4 478pin CPU Retention Bracket
Relevancy 43.43%

I just received a new T p and I was shocked to see that it uses cheap plastic tabs clips under the battery to hold the back cover These are the same kind I have seen on relatively cheaper mainstream nbsp Lenovo nbsp laptops like the Y and plastic T460p awful the clips - nbsp To remove the back cover I used patience and a thin guitar pick and STILL two of the tabs under the battery slowly fell off nbsp nbsp There T460p and the awful plastic clips are other upset users complaining about the same issue on Reddit and other forums nbsp ThinkPads should be built with ease of maintenance and robustness in mind accessing the disk and ram slots should not risk the user breaking any little piece of the cover I don't like the T460p and the awful plastic clips idea of plastic tabs at all but T460p and the awful plastic clips at least they could have been made more robust and that without impacting the design nbsp I feel cheated nbsp The T p is an expensive machine but Lenovo seems to be moving away from what made the ThinkPad line popular and I am considering returning the T p while I still can nbsp nbsp
Relevancy 43.43%

The HD caddy Kit and Connector POWER Supply HP dv9500 But I cant find The PLASTIC that covers the two drives, I have the middle one. that covers the DIMMS and WiFi allI need is to buy the PLASTIC covers
Relevancy 43.43%

I Repair?? Material Plastic Part For Right am in serious need of the right material to repair a hairline crack in a laptop Right Material For Plastic Part Repair?? part amp just got this rare part from eBay vendor as usual much money amp he din see the crack I did and must now decide between returning it or repairing it Cause I Googled infinitely and get the polys these parts R apparently usually made of very hard to repair amp with anything conventional An adhesive vendor on ebay tells me this should work I am not sure http cgi ebay com ws eBayISAPI dll ViewItem amp rd amp item amp Right Material For Plastic Part Repair?? ssPageName STRK MEWA IT amp ih Has anyone had any experience with such things Right Material For Plastic Part Repair?? This is another lappy I found in garbage way back amp should have left this one but now in FAR deep re time invested over months amp and money spent on parts to quit now Thanks much Edit More Googling I need to get this right and not waste more time money on wut will not work quot Measure twice cut once quot Just found this http www plastex ca Source Google Edit Just saw this on that Canadian site Can Plastex be used on Polyethylene and Polypropylene While many customers have used Plastex with these materials it was not specifically designed for that purpose Blech Took me long time to get to these parts R made of those and the above from their FAQ section is vague I hate vague nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

I switched two motherboards into different chassis. Now the PWR wires don't correctly line up in their current connector with the power pins on the motherboard.

How easy is it to take the wires out and reconnect the wire tips on them? Is there a guide anywhere for doing this?

Relevancy 43.43%

I keep the inside of my mouse clean, both the ball and the rollers, but the plastic feet wore off on the little circle things and they were on the bottom everywhere but under the circles. However, the mouse seems to work just as well if not better than before. What is the point of this plastic stuff?

Relevancy 43.43%

I had some brass standoffs I was gonna use for a motherboard I put in a case I bought but they ended up stripping and I couldn't use em all but 3 and I had some plastic ones to. Is it ok to use plastic standoffs and to mix them with brass ones? Would it cause any issues with grounding?

A:Can I mix brass and plastic motherboard standoffs?

Dalton said:

Would it cause any issues with grounding?Click to expand...

No, the motherboard is grounded well enough through the PSU connector. The screw holes are additional grounding points but are not required for functionality.

There are people running rigs that are not even mounted in a case. It's not a great idea but can be done without causing damage, however the risk of causing damage increases significantly.
Relevancy 43.43%

The black plastic around the screen is coming off and opens up about 3/4 of an inch both at the hindge and at the left lower side.  I can push it in place, but it pops back off.  Any suggestions
Relevancy 43.43%

I kind of have a habit of throwing various plastic bags next to the right side of my computer before throwing it away into a trash can. Can the plastic bags create static electricity that can damage the parts inside? Or does the case protect it from this happening?

A:Plastic bags around computer case

The bags shouldn't cause any static electricity. However, if there are air holes that are being blocked, that could be a problem.
Relevancy 43.43%

So, The frame cover of my screen just came off, tried to put it back but realised that the plastic which the frame locks into that was "Glued" to the Alminum back is no longer "Glued", So could anybody help me tell me what is the "Glue" or "Adhesive" used for glueing the parts together?
Relevancy 43.43%

A gasless PVC Welding is a small mig welding machine that is only capable of welding with gasless mig wire These machines are typically use for light gauge welding application small a can with Plastic Welder HF weld What you Because they are What can you weld with a small HF Plastic Welder so small they are ideal for mig welding at home What can you weld with a small gasless mig welder A small gasless machine can weld mild steel sheet metal box sections angle iron and plate What it really comes down to is how much power the mig welder has The thicker the metal the hotter the weld needs to be You can weld up box trailers and do repairs to them You can make modifications to you street cars or race cars Any little welding project a gasless mig welder is handy to have v mig welder and volt gasless wire feed welders There are a range of smaller machines that you can get These are the smallest of the small and have input voltages in the range of between volts and volts This is all depending on which country you live in and also what part of the country you live in In general these machines have the least amount of power available for mig welding volt and volt migNow the machines in this range of volts to volts will offer the most power that you can get from a single phase mig welding machine Duty cycleMig welding duty cycle will also vary between machines In a nut shell you want a machine that has a higher rated duty cycle value This will mean that it can weld longer than a machine will less duty cycle Pros and cons of a gasless migThe biggest thing going for the small machines is that they are now really cheap to buy You can pick one up just about anywhere and they are much better and easier to use for welding jobs at home They are light and small which makes them reasonable portable You can pick them up and put them in the car to take around to a mate s place quite easily Try doing that with an industrial mig On the downside these machines are usually cheap mig welders and as a result some are not worth buying Sometimes spare mig welder parts are hard to get for these machines too And finally gasless mig wire is rather messy and spattery compared to normal mig wire and using welding gas In conclusionIf a little bit of spatter doesn t worry you these gasless HF Plastic Welder are a good investment for and workshop You can also get dual purpose machines which can do both gasless and solid mig wire,158621.0.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi my little sister pushed the dome in on my speakers. 2 finger pressed dents.

I have tried a vaccum and masking tape to try pull it back out but no luck..
The dome is plastic so it would make it alot harder then a fome dome which I have in the middle but thats not dented.. the plastic bit is? Anyone know how I pull the dents out without damaging the speakers

These are them.

A:Finger Dented plastic domes

i had some speakers where my buddy's kid did this and it made me mad every time i looked at them..... i ended up selling them... the foam covers will hide it tho'
Relevancy 43%

Where can I get the inner white plastic part to fix a key on my Pavilion DV7 keyboard?

A:Need a replacement plastic key part for my laptop keyboard. ...

You can start here.  If you plug in your specific model number on ebay you may get a closer match. There are a few different kinds, keep in mind it may be easier to buy a new keyboard, most are only around 15 to 20 bucks.  This guy seems to offer the best selection.
Relevancy 43%

I bought one of these cases and for some reason the Digital Temp display only reads LC I have placed the wire with heat sensor on it on the CPU between the CPU and Heatsink. What do I do? I was told by gotrootdude that Maybe I need to pull a plastic tab out. If this is the case where would I find this tab???

AT828BKW 10 bays Black ATX case w/300W, Digital Temperature display, clear fan & 2 x USB 2.0 and Firewire ports

Relevancy 43%

This is for an Antec case, where the inner, plastic coil on-off switch has come loose. The plastic pin retaining the flat, spiral coil on a side has broke (poor design, which is surprising for this make). The marginal mini pin snapped == case front is practically trashed. And if case front is no longer available, of course all components must be moved to fit inside another new separate case.

So looking for the best glue I can find to secure it back.

I hessitate to shoot glue, since every time the switch is depressed from the outside, finger pressure will be applied.

Anyway, what would be the best high strength glue for bonding plastic-on-plastic?
Is the glue gun better?

(notice that certain glues write out certain types of plastics under their recommended applications)

A:plastic pc case switch broke - looking for best glue

It is difficult to recommend a glue for this purpose for several reasons; but, my experience with vulcanizing plastics goes back over 50 years when I was assembling plastic model cars and I learned the difference between vulcanizing glues and what I would call surface glues.

Plumbers' glue for plastic pipes vulcanizes the plastic, meaning that it melts the plastic on the opposing surfaces and bonds them together with a chemical reaction. If done properly, the glued joint can be stronger than the rest of the object.

Read the label and apply the instructions as well as can be done for such dissimilar surfaces.
Relevancy 43%

What is it with the plastic cases for Zip-100 media?
Anyone would think they were made out of clear diamond crystal or something.
No one has extras for sale to replace broken ones. CD jewel case replacements
are a dime a dozen. What's with Iomega, Fugi, etc??

Does anyone know of ANY source [comertial or private] for these plastc cases?
I need "36" -- I'm willing to pay $1.00 each.

A:BUMMER! Plastic cases for Iomega ZIP-100 media NOT AVAILABLE??

Here's a couple of places I found through Google, though I can't vouch for them:

Sale price: $3.00
Relevancy 43%

Purchased my Lenovo Y50 in January of 2015. The plastic at the bottom of the screen and around the monitor hinge keeps coming unsnapped making it difficult to open and close the screen. When you do open or close the screen it sounds like the screen is shattering. Luckily it's just the plastic and not the screen.  Has anyone experienced this? Is there a permanent fix? The laptop isn't used heavily and I rarely take it out of the house so for now I just leave it opened but I would like a permanent fix.
Relevancy 43%

Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E420 w/Windows 10 os. My 'A' key has been loose for the last 6 months and yesterday the entire key popped off the keyboard, including the plastic hinges which fasten the keys to the keyboard. I looked further and saw the three of the metal hooks which hold the plastic hinges in place to the keyboard snapped off. Is there a way to repair this or is replacing the entire keyboard the only feasible option? Those metal hooks are MIA.
Relevancy 43%

Check the details here It clearly says magensium. I wonder how can they lie about the material used. This is unacceptable and unfair. Check here too: This is latest version of yoga 900 (13ISK2). Could other yoga 900 owners confirm the same ?

80UE002TUS.pdf ?1145 KB
Relevancy 43%

I bought this laptop Yesterday (07/28/2016) and found out little transparent plastic fragment at screen frame. It is bonded extremly firm and its left and bottom edges are inside the case of screen. What should I do in this situation??

PlasticFrame.jpg ?87 KB
Relevancy 43%

I have upgraded my home camera system this weekend and I am trying to get the system connected to my router to view remotely, the book keeps asking me things I cannot understand let alone answer, How do I know Iif my router is compatable.

The book say I need to set my router to UPnP and asks if it supports DHCP, what the hell does all that Mean and how do I find out this info, the router is a wireless o2 if that help at all...

Relevancy 43%

I'm in deep doggy-doo.

When my 2TB Sata-III drive wasn't being recognized (ported to a new build), I pulled the data cable off to check the connection and off came the little plastic tab that guides the plug onto the pins!

Without it, there is nothing to press contact between the cable & pins, let alone hold the cable firmly in place.

Worse, I can't even plug it in to rescue the data off it! I suspect I must have damaged the connection somehow when I plugged it in. The pins appear fine (within reason considering what happened.)

Gluing the tab back in place is no help if the connection still doesn't work and I need to unplug it again.

Am I screwed or is there a way around this mess (short of paying hundreds to some recovery service)?

A:Plastic tab on SATA drive port broke off

Oh boy do I know the feeling, I once pulled off the same thing from a month old mobo, but I was able to find a replacement in a shop and soldered it back, maybe you can do the same ? Try finding a female SATA and soldering the other end of it to the HDD ?
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi!My Travelmate 7720's left hinge is broke, the plastic part is torn out (as I see it is a common issue).There is no replacement available for the lcd back plastic case around (or if there is, for triple price),so I decided to glue it.There is no data on the material, neither a former Acer technician friend could help me with this info.As far as I researched it should be ABS, so some ABS modelling cement should do the job I bet.Does anyone have info on this or did succesfully this sort of repair?TY
Relevancy 42.14%

Got a CyberPower CP1000AVRLCD Intelligent LCD Series UPS 1000VA 600W AVR Mini-Tower that seems to be working fine. But every now and then it gives off some kind of plastic smell. It had this smell when I first took it out of the box and the smell seems to emit every now and then while it's on.

I've touched it to see if it was hot, but it feels quite cool. So it doesn't seem to be overheating or anything.

A:New UPS (Uninterupted Power Supply) emitting a plastic smell?

Could just be the plastic heating up internally for the first time and will go away in a few days, unless you see fluid or it gets very hot (as in overcharging of the batteries) your probably fine.
Relevancy 42.14%

I purchased my R630 almost as soon as they were relased int he UK (Nov 2010).

I was getting minor electric shocks through my R630 palmrest.
I could swear that the palm rest - keyboard surround was also made of magnesium/metallic alloy - with a shiny metallic black/dark grey finish (similar to the upper case - i.e. lid)

I sent my laptop back because of the electric shock issue, and when returned the palmrest was definitely plastic.
I returned this and was told it was a wrong part. When I got it back again, it was another plastic palm rest.

Am I totally mistaken or have toshiba changed from metallic palm rest to plastic?
Are there 2 different parts - a plastic and a magnesium palm rest?

How would I get electric shocks through a plastic palm rest?!

Any insider knowlege out there would be appreciated.

A:Satellite R630 - Palmrest Materials - Magnesium or Plastic

The cover assy (part number P000535500) seems to be magnesium but I don?t think that the touchpad would be magnesium too.
As far as I know there is only one touchpad part available and the (palmrest) part number is (P000532070) .

Hope this help you?

Relevancy 41.71%

Today I was at work when PSU failure. dying, Clicking smell right? burnt + + sound USB is My plastic my brother told me that my PC Clicking sound + burnt plastic smell + USB failure. My PSU is dying, right? froze up while he was using it and he was unable to restart it Later when I came home I tried to turn it on It was dead so I tried to disconnect and reconnect the PC Didn t work either so I tried replugging my HDD Worked great I put on a Porcupine Tree DVD and listen to it while I cook myself some food on the kitchen Clicking sound + burnt plastic smell + USB failure. My PSU is dying, right? I noticed two times that the music froze for a second but didn t pay attention Clicking sound + burnt plastic smell + USB failure. My PSU is dying, right? After I go back to my room I find an unpleasant surprise A noticeable amount of burnt plastic smell I download Everest fire it up and check out my components temperature Nothing abnormal Suddenly I start hearing that horrid clicking sound that each one of us fears Click PC sound intensity lowers for some moments then goes back to normal Click and again the spinning sound of my HDD or maybe the coolers lowers itself for a moment and goes back to normal Click my USB external drive stops working and is again recognized by windows Click the DVD freezes up again Click CPU performance is crawling and the burnt plastic smell intensifies Click I can move the mouse but my PC doesn t respond to anything That s when I turn off the PC and fire up tech guy after googling for a while So the clicking sound in addition to the fact that replugging my HDD fixed the power issue leads me to believe that my HDD is dying However the normal temperatures with a burnt smell in addition to my USB ports malfunctioning stray me away from HDD related issues Any idea about what could be the issue From what I read it sounds like my PSU is failing I d enjoy some more insight before wasting money on a new PSU nbsp

A:Clicking sound + burnt plastic smell + USB failure. My PSU is dying, right?
Relevancy 41.71%

The warranty has ran out on my M6 laptop. A little over a year after it ran out, the left plastic hinge part of the frame began to crack and break due to the pressure caused by opening the laptop. While looking for replacement screen bezels online, I noticed that this was a common problem for this specific laptop. Is there a way around the expired warranty for this problem? I am having a hard time finding the replacement part, and I am afraid the same problem will just continue to happen again over time. Having the plastic part broken won't allow the screen to open without risking cracking the sceen. What are my options and who can I talk to? I'm a college student so this is sort of an inconvenience...My warranty ran out 9/10/2013 and it began breaking January 2015. Thanks

A:HP Pavilion M6 notebook PC Left plastic hinge part of bezel ...

Hi @sambam57, Welcome to the HP forums! It is a great way to engage, post questions and find resolutions by working with specialists in the HP community. I read your post regarding the left hinge breaking and the unit not being under warranty. I will be happy to assist you to get to the right channel to get the unit serviced. Please visit this link: to get in touch with HP phone support. I hope the issue gets fixed and the computer works fine again without hassles. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" up button to appreciate my efforts. If this helps, please mark this as ?Accepted Solution?. If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help.Take care now and do have a pleasant week ahead.
Relevancy 41.71%

left hinge broken and screw jammed fan.  Took to repair place and took screw out of fan and glued the hinge and case together at left corner.  Cost $120.  Lasted 1 day without opening and closing laptop.  Obviously, this is a common problem and a manufactures defect by all the complaints.  Does HP have a real solution to fix this?  And, why has not HP addressed this problem in a recall?  Very disappointed in this as this was NOT a cheap computer.  Retired on a low fixed income and cannot afford to replace my computer.
Relevancy 41.71%

I have 2 USB ports on my laptop and only one of them is broken. The plastic part broke off and it clearly doesn't work anymore. The other port is fully intact, but it won't recognize any thing i plug in. Is there anyway I can fix the unbroken port so that it works?

(someone else had this problem but it was not answered, that's how I found this forum)

Laptop acer 5517 - i hate those sliding 'mouse' gimme a plain old fashioned one I can handle (and slam down when something doesn't go right )

I use the usb port for a mouse and for a real keyboard - a splitter will work but neither usb will work when one is broken (i put the stupid cord in upside down and broke the little plastic black part in one of them).

Relevancy 41.71%

My son s keyboard keys were broken before but was fixed for free because Toshiba Where underneath keys parts plastic keyboard to order it was still under warranty but it Where to order Toshiba plastic parts underneath keyboard keys took the manufacturer to do it like a couple of weeks which my son hated Now another key is broken where the nylon plasctic spring-like mechanism is missing Just wondering where we can buy it The first time it broke I called the manufacturer and ask for those parts only to find out that what they are sending me are the complete qwerty keys themselves not the parts underneath them Since it was still under warranty I decided to send them the laptop and have it fixed I know I can fix it myself if I have the parts without having my son computer hungry for a couple of weeks any suggestion as to where I can get those plastic part sunderneath the keyboard keys aside from the manufacturer they must be sort of generic or universal aren t they nbsp

A:Where to order Toshiba plastic parts underneath keyboard keys

It is normal to replace the whole keyboard when something like this happens. Laptop keyboards are around $25 on EBay. Why are these keys being damaged in the first place? Have you thought about attaching a stronger USB external keyboard temporarily?
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently got a new power supply and am in the process of hooking it up to my motherboard. My old one had a 4 pin connector that I put in the "ATX 12V Power Connector" that was located next to my CPU. This connector on my motherboard appears to have 8 pins but a small piece of plastic is over four of them. Is that there so I would know where to plug in my four pin connector? Since I have eight pins can I take that small piece of plastic off and put my eight pin CPU cord there?

Here's a picture of what I'm talking about

A:Solved: Plastic piece covering 4 out of 8 pins on 790FX-GD70

yes you can
Relevancy 41.71%

I have an intel based computer with Windows XP SP and another Windows XP SP installed on a different partition today I downloaded a software called Virtual plastic surgery on my XP SP and it runs without the need to install it I tried it and it was working when I tried to close it my caused Plastic Virtual system failure software Srugery computer restarted and it keeps restarting since then it never reaches the welcome screen I tried safe mode safe mode with cmd enable VGA mode and debugging mode and the system kept restarting with all of them I went to my other OS which is XP SP it ran ok and I ran chkdsk r on both operating systems harddrives paritions and I tried running Virtual Plastic Srugery software caused system failure the other OS again but still it restarts and when I tried to run the same software on my SP OS it crashed as well so I am pretty sure the software is the cause when I selected Virtual Plastic Srugery software caused system failure disable restart on system failure the error message was IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP x A x x C x x FB C I know a fresh install would Virtual Plastic Srugery software caused system failure solve the problem but I was wondering if there is a less costly approach Since the other OS ran fine till I ran the software so I excluded that it would be a hardware related issue Thanks in advance Mamdouh Tawfik

A:Virtual Plastic Srugery software caused system failure

I really would love some help here please?
Relevancy 41.71%

I recently bought a 2nd hand 21 inch monitor that looked, well, 2nd hand.

I purchased Dk Grey "K&H" Bumper and Trim paint from the local auto shop for about $12aus, cleaned the beast with Metho, sprayed away, and it looks Brand new.

Looked so good I did my case as well, all from the one aerosol can.

Hope this helps someone.

P.S Don't spray it in an enclosed area, unless you:dead: like that sort of thing - seen BLUE VELVET anyone ???

A:Found good paint 4 hard plastic ie case, monitor...

how much is it?. when i turn 18 i might get some. one question though.... how did you spray your monitor without getting it in the vent holes?.
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I recently let my friend borrow my Lenovo V laptop while I was out of town because he wanted to fix the keyboard which did not work at all The keyboard was removed and reinstalled with a new one but a worse problem was created The power button cable was removed and the plastic piece that locks it was lost I cannot afford to pay for computer repair or a new motherboard I know its still good since the battery light is on and charges when plugged in Now I cannot turn on my Need Plastic Input Lock Laptop Power on help Button Motherboard! Cable with laptop at all and I need it for school ASAP I read through the maintenance manual many times for this laptop but it does not say exactly what each one of these inputs are for So my plan was to remove the plastic lock from the cable for the touchpad At this point I dont care if the keyboard or touchpad works I will use USB keyboard and Need help with Power Button Cable Input Plastic Lock on Laptop Motherboard! mouse I just need to be able to power it on and working USB ports So I unplugged the plastic lock from the input I believe was the touchpad and tried to install it in the power button cable input since it looks like the same size Problem is it is very small and difficult to work with and when I tried to install it I slightly bent one of the pins shown in photos below If I carefully straighten out the pin on the cable input and try it again any tips would be appreciated in doing this do you think the plastic lock I removed will fit in the power button cable input Also are these plastic lock pieces hard to find if I need a replacement Also does anybody know what the input does that I removed the plastic lock from hopefully touchpad Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Need help with Power Button Cable Input Plastic Lock on Laptop Motherboard!

It may or may not fit, sometimes every connector is different. Personally I would use hot glue to keep the cable in place.
Relevancy 41.28%

Calling all experienced I accidently pulled plastic connector off motherboard

I hope someone can help me I have a vaio pgn s580 series and during hardrive replacement the plastic piece that connects to motherboard came completley off exposing the 4 pins or connector contacts I thougt i could just put them back on however i broke the one off completely and Im so bummed is there any way i can work around that i still have plug . or is just smarter to use and external hd or can I use the dvd connection with right adapter. I hate to think that my vaio is toast calling all experience hackers

A:Calling all experienced hacker I accidently pulled plastic connector off motherboard

its not a hacker you need, its a motherboard from ebay....
Relevancy 41.28%

Does anyone know a part number for the white plastic heatsink frame retainer 'screws' that were used in some of the GX270-era Optiplexes?  Or a source for buying replacements when they break?
Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Part number or replacement source for GX270 plastic heatsink retainers?

The GX270 part page does not list screws. All I can find is this but it is black and green?
Relevancy 40.85%

I got a new case for a friends computer today and set about removing motherboard hardware from old case to install in new machine around plastic 3.5 cable ribbon Solved: from drive unplugging inch Broke motherboard!? while While unplugging the ribbon cable connected to the inch floppy drive from the motherboard I ran into dificulties getting it to disconnect I must have tugged a little too hard because Solved: Broke plastic around 3.5 inch drive ribbon cable while unplugging from motherboard!? the plastic surrounding the pins on the motherboard broke off on one side though the pins did not seem to be ruined I thought quot Well that sucked hope it turns out ok quot I did notice that pin was not present on the motherboard like pins in but hoped maybe that was standard Now after installing everything into the new case and booting up the inch drive is not being recognized I don t know for certain if the drive was being recognized before It is not recognized in cmos Probably stupid question but is it certain that I broke the connection on the motherboard nbsp

A:Solved: Broke plastic around 3.5 inch drive ribbon cable while unplugging from motherboard!?
Relevancy 38.27%

hello i have both these dell and Dell e6430 latitude latitude e6420 laptops well i have bought a Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 e for my girlfriend as the other one she has is crap well i have read that these e get warm and well i found out they come with one pipe heatsink well Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 i heard u can upgrade the heatsink to a pipe one DUAL HEATPIPE heatsink DELL P N - TYP i was wondering what else do i need to do this as when i get this laptop its second hand i pro in it ghz im going to clean it out and put new paste on it put i hear people are on about this copper shim to put on it can this be done and well can i upgrade my dell latitude e i pro ghz heatsink with the Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420 double heatsink as i know that one only comes with one pipe love you guys info if you guys can help me would be class thanks i got this info here GPU Temperature C on Latitude E - General Hardware - Laptop - Dell Community

A:Dell latitude e6430 and dell latitude e6420

Joseph mate best leave as is after all it was made to function as it came. Now for the compound and copper shim personally I would not bother with the copper shim I can see no good reason for it the dual pipe again if it was made to work with one pipe then leave alone.

It is better if you renew the compound using a decent cleaner and compound and I can recommend these for that job

Arctic Silver Incorporated - ArctiClean for thorough cleaning and preparation and Arctic Silver Incorporated - Arctic Silver 5 for the compound.

Now it depends on who you listen to but I always use these products and after the old compound is thoroughly cleaned off and the surfaces prepped I spread the compound very thinly and across the both entire surface of the CPU and the heatsink with my finger inside a vinyl or latex glove and then place a rice grain sized piece of compound on the CPU and replace the heatsink. If you touch the surfaces after clean and prep then redo it.

While you are in there do make sure the fan and the radiator are really spotless and I sometimes relube the fan bearings to make sure the fan is running at full tilt when needed.
Relevancy 38.27%

I have a HP DV76B55DX in which I'm repairing. Everything is fixed . The only part I can not find with in reason is the LCD back cover ...part # 665976-001 bronze.  Is there another cover that can fit that unit (Part #?)  And when I do find something close  to it the price is $80.00  and up???
Relevancy 38.27%

Does anyone know a good software to make CD covers? I need a software where I can type my tracks onto the cover. Most of the softwares I found I had a difficult time making the text look neat and organized. Anyone know a software or maybe a tip?

A:CD Cover

Nero has a Cover Designer,
Relevancy 38.27%

ok first let me say i hope this is in the right area, not sure where to put it...

when hubby bought me my new pc he opted for me not to a have a floppy drive... so there is a hole/gap where that should be that you can see through to the inside of the pc box...

a fly has just flown in there and is going absolutely beserk... should i try and take the box apart and get rid of it, or will i cause damage to the insides?? would this fly be a fire risk.. ie landing on something, getting hot and it setting on fire...

im really worried now.. oh dear...
any help would be great, thanks

Relevancy 38.27%

I have just copied a DVD for a friend but don't know how to copy the cover of the DVD. I don't have a scanner. How can I do this ?

A:DVD Cover

You could take a photo of it, but it may not look as good as a scan.

You could also make your own.
Free DVD case cover templates at

You can always go to Kinko's, a friend's house, family, etc -- somebody has a scanner.
Relevancy 37.84%

Can someone tell me how to remove the cover on an Inspiron 580s desktop PC?  It looks like this particular one has screws holding it on but I want to make sure.  The computer I had before this one just had a couple of places to push, as I recall.

Thanks in advance.

A:How Do I Remove Cover?

Service manual: manual_en-us.pdf
Relevancy 37.84%

Anybody have a good experience with a soft ware that completely erases deleted files and internet tracks?

A:How do I cover my tracks?

Try this:

Free Internet Eraser in the list

There are others there, too.
Relevancy 37.84%

I have window xp computer and was wondering how do i burn image on to a blank cd so it have a cover.

A:Making cd cover

To burn an image on a CD/DVD you need a CD/DVD writer that supports Lightscribe.
Most of the newer writers support lightscribe.
You can then buy special lightscribe CDs and DVDs which are not much more expensive then ordinary discs.
When you install the software that comes with the writer it will install a lightscribe program which allows you to create and burn the image on the disc.
You can learn more about Lightscribe here:
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys

Recently, I purchased a Sager NP8268, and I need a keyboard cover, but Sager doesn't carry any. Are there any keyboard covers compatible with the NP8268? I know that this doesn't really belong in this category, but it was the closest I suppose.

Thanks Guys
Relevancy 37.84%

HELLO I HOPE GET ANSWER FROME YOUI CLEANE MY KEYBORDS I REMOUVE EVERY KEY ALONE COVER  i want clean Touchpad my yoga 3 pro without open it from back if can i open the cover Touchpad from front like a keybord keys ??BECAUSE MY Touchpad whene i Touch it do some cliks  trk trk trk  and if i click at right or left buton its do " time cliks I WANT RMOUVE COVET TRACKPADE LIKE THIS PHOTO WITHOUT  OBEN COVER BACK ?

A:Touchpad cover ?

Hi youcef_84 , 
Welcome to the Community Forums. 
It would be hard removing the touchpad itself as it is well covered by the spacing as it was intended to be part of the uppoer cover . To swipe it out from the top may just damage it forcing it to go that way as seen on the underboard unlike the keys but similar to the keyboard bezel. Compressed air can may be able to help but it would always be a better practice if forllowing the proper disassembly guide as seen in the hardware manual and service training .
Take time to review the positioning of the parts and materials provided to your machine .
Update us what works best for you.
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi I've done the stupid and spilt liquid on my device. Warranty does not cover this unfortunately. I have recovered it but need to replace the top cover which includes the keyboard.  I have sticky keys and they can't be cleaned. I have sourced a new top cover but wondered if anyone has any experience of replacing the it with keyboard or know of any advice I can find on the Intenet please? Many thanks
Relevancy 37.84%

i have made a home made family DVD and i have a DVD case but is a slimline one thinner than a normal DVD cover. i have 2 software programs that i can create covers but not for the slimline. does anyone know a good free program i could use?

A:DVD Cover maker

Please let me know if you find one because i've been looking for the same thing for quite sometime.
Relevancy 37.84%

On my tower there is a cover that pops down and goes back up when the dvd drive goes back in i just wanted to know if anyone know's were to get the little spring that attaches to the cover ??