Windows Support Forum

Wifi Connection really slow with Win 10

Q: Wifi Connection really slow with Win 10

Hi all my name is Luca and I'm the owner of a nbsp HP ENVY -ae nl I've bought my laptop with Win on December Everything was working fine but month ago right after the Win update my wifi connection started to be very slow I'm not able to load websites in a decent time stream videos etc nbsp nbsp For example when I use Chrome 10 Connection Win with really Wifi slow or Edge to check BBC News the browser brings me at a balnk nbsp page saying the the page didn't respond time expired for connection Then after secs it starts to load but really really slow nbsp This happens Wifi Connection really slow with Win 10 with all Wifi Connection really slow with Win 10 the pages that I want to load nbsp I did some test - try my home connection with another laptop with Win - gt everything is fine and at fully speed - restore the system to manifacturer settings - gt at the beginning it was working Then Win updated again and the problemwas still there - I connected physically my router and nbsp the laptop with an ethernet cable and apparently the browser goes at full speed nbsp do you think that the problem is in my wireless network card somenthing with the drivers nbsp what should I do to resolve the problem nbsp thank you very much for your help in advance nbsp Luca nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-Connection-really-slow-with-Win-10/td-p/5803361
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Wifi Connection really slow with Win 10

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 59.34%

I'm getting annoyed with my sister because she uses too much bandwidth on her laptop than I can get, he uses facebook, twitter, youtube, and uTorrent at the same time and I'm only using YouTube, visiting forums and playing games. How do I slow down the wifi speed so I can make her internet usage more pain in the ass?

A:How to slow down WiFi connection?

depending on your router, it should have some kind of throttleling control in the admin interface, your just going to have to look for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272331-how-slow-down-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Running a Windows 7 machine - has always connected and worked just fine.

Today all of a sudden my connection has become brutal to nothing.

My wifi tells me I am connected at 58 Mbps.

I have another laptop connected to the wifi in the same room, same 58 Mbps, and it is hitting web sites immediately. The W7 computer is hitting them, and literally taking minutes for pages to come up.

I have run malarebytes, no malware. I have disabled Norton.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

A:Brutally slow wifi connection

Quote: Originally Posted by Johneeo

Running a Windows 7 machine - has always connected and worked just fine.

Today all of a sudden my connection has become brutal to nothing.

My wifi tells me I am connected at 58 Mbps.

I have another laptop connected to the wifi in the same room, same 58 Mbps, and it is hitting web sites immediately. The W7 computer is hitting them, and literally taking minutes for pages to come up.

I have run malarebytes, no malware. I have disabled Norton.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I would start by resetting the router, be sure and check the security etc. is still working after the reset, if not create a new SSID, password etc.

After that try creating a new wireless profile for the connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329726-brutally-slow-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Wireless N network card on my pc and i have a wireless N router (not N certified) and i'm getting a connection speed of 48.0 mbps. I believe this is slower than wireless G. My network card is Realtek RTL8190 wireless (came with my computer) and i have a Linksys WRT120N wireless N router. I found nothing when i Googled my network card and i found nothing about it other than drivers.

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello, I am using a windows 8.1 pc. The WiFi connection on my pc is just too slow, the problem had started around a month ago and still persists. My wife connection and router is just fine and works perfectly on other devices. The connection status shows  connected but when I open my browser it takes more than a minute to open Google !!!!! Please help me as soon as possible as I not able to use Internet on my pc. Thanks.?  

A:Windows 8.1 slow WiFi connection

Hi, When is the last time the computer works fine?When is the last time youve run an antivirus scan?When is the last time youve updated the Bios version of your computer? Here are steps you could try to fix your wifi issues: Perform hard reset: Hard reset a notebook with removable battery Turn off the computer.Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices, such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.Remove the battery from the battery compartment.Press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain residual electrical charge from the capacitors that protect the memory.Insert the battery and plug the AC adapter back into the notebook, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.Press the Power button to turn on the computer.On the Options screen, select Continue and continue to Windows 10.If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.Reconnect each of the peripheral devices.After you have completed these steps, run Windows Update and HP Support Assistant to update all device drivers.Hard reset a notebook with a sealed or non-removable battery Turn off the computer.Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station.Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.If your notebook is listed in the table, use the instructions specific to your computer. For all other notebooks, press and hold the Power button for 8-10 seconds. note:The designated button combination varies by model and production date. If your computer is not listed below, refer to the User Guide for your specific model for the proper button combination.Common Model NameTypically Designated Button CombinationHP Envy 17 2D and 3DPress and hold the Power and the Beats buttons for 8-10 seconds.HP Envy 15-3000 seriesPress and hold the Power and the Beats buttons for 8-10 seconds.HP Envy 14 SPECTREPress and hold the Power and the Mute (on the right side of the palm rest) buttons for 8-10 seconds.Plug the AC adapter back into the computer, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.Press the Power button to turn on the computer.If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, then press the Enter key.Run an antivirus scan I would highly suggest to download and run malwarebytes then remove the threats if theres a virus on it. Make sure to uninstall it after the removal. Download the latest BIOS http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07110 Kindly give us an update.. Hope the above fixes will work..Cheers! 

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Windows-8-1-slow-WiFi-connection/td-p/5729505
Relevancy 58.91%

Hey guys Upon installing the W build RC -bit I've noticed a gross decrease in wifi speeds and stability While running XP I averaged at about - mb s wirelessly which was very stable Ridiculously wifi slow connection disconnect every - hours maybe Now I'm receiving lt mb s and disconnecting frequently which is a real hassle In reality even the speed I had on XP was slow considering that my fathers macbook pro reaches speeds of - mb s wireless from the same place as my stationary stands I'm well aware of the fact Ridiculously slow wifi connection that I have a mb s cap on my network card but I still think that my network connection should be stronger Reality aside I was doing fine with - mb s despite knowing that somehow I could be getting a faster connection and now it's really unbearable to have lt mb s I've followed tonnes of solution guides on Ridiculously slow wifi connection how to set-up wifi on W without any success I've tried countless drivers let the W wizard find appropriate drivers for me turned on and off Ipv changed homegroup settings messed with the registry and more - Now I don't know what to do next One interesting thing although perhaps trivial I noticed while downloading via uTorrent last night was that in the Resource Monitor it said that the network utilization was only at despite me downloading at kb s which should be more then from uTorrent alone according to the speed test conducting right before Could this have anything to do with it As a final note I'm using a Ridiculously slow wifi connection genuine RC client with a genuine key freshly installed Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Ridiculously slow wifi connection

There are plenty of driver problems with WIFI on Win7 (audio appears to be a common problem, as well) so I would recommend ensuring you have a solid driver installed.

Fill out your system specs via your profile and we can better help you.

I would also recommend using the 7201 build, it's the last 'real' RC client that was released before RTM was and unless RTM (b7600+) is an option for you, 7201 might be a better solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/23493-ridiculously-slow-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

i have wimax internet 512Kbps connection at home, which is connected to Linksys wifi router. the wifi router has 4 LAN ports. my dell laptop uses the net through Linksys wifi connection.

and my p3 700Mhz computer is connected to linksys router through a LAN cable (old compaq NIC card) which is connected to wifi router LAN port.

the net speed is quite fast for the laptop and slow for the p3 computer.

pls tell me the cause of slow internet on p3

is it old NIC on p3 which is causing the slow speed, the wifi router LAN port or the old p3 computer..............

the p3 is used mainly by kids/wife

A:fast wifi / slow LAN connection

Could you be a bit more specific as to the speeds involved with the old machine
visit this site and run the test at a location close to you
Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Then use the provided forum link they give you to post results here .

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/192859-fast-wifi-slow-lan-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello guys I got strange problem Yesterday everything was ok I got mbit connection ethernet It's normal Slow via WIFI internet connection when you connect via wifi that u got like slower connection i had about - mbits Today I got like mbits I dont know whats going on I think that the problem started after doing updates with ninite com I have tried almost everything Reinstalling drivers rebooting scanning with AV dealing with power management What else can I do My specs Lenovo G s Windows Professional Thats my ip config Windows IP Configuration Host Name Pawe Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Peer-Peer IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Po czenie lokalne Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Karta Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adap ter Physical Address A-D - - F- -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Karta Qualcomm Atheros AR WB-EG Wirele ss Network Adapter Physical Address -D - - F- -DD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d d e f c d c Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained maja Lease Expires maja Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID Slow internet connection via WIFI - - - - A- - F- - - - -E - - C DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Po czenie sieciowe Bluetooth Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Urz dzenie Bluetooth sie osobista Physical Slow internet connection via WIFI Address -D - - F-F -C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR PCI-E F ast Ethernet Controller NDIS Physical Address - - -E - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address d d f c f fff Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f c f fff Preferred Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - A- - F- - - - -E - - C NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap A C- AD- AD-A -E B CE Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Karta Microsoft ISATAP Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes

A:Slow internet connection via WIFI

Did not need the IPConfig info. Why are you also downloading updates from some unknown third party website? You most likely have downloading sketchy updates, that is causing your problems.

If you want to update software. Let the software update from the software manufacturer site that created the software. Using third party sites can allow you to infect your computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/47189-slow-internet-connection-via-wifi.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Okay, I have a PC in my bedroom which is at the end of my house, and the actual internet source (Thomson/BigPond) is at the other end. Between the internet source and the computer, there are several televisions, lights, speakers, etc that may be causing interference. It could also the the channels in which my items are in.
My PC doesn't have an actual wireless connection thing built in, and that's why I have this netgear router thing.
My PC is a HP pavilion.

The connection at which it receives is awfully frustrating. It's agonizingly slow, taking several minutes to load a page - that's if it actually decides to load up.

There is another netgear router a few rooms closer than my PC is that recieves internet properly.

Is there anything I could do to fix my connection speed/connection in general? Or just improve it at all?
Any help is appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netgear-n900-slow-wifi-connection.1087480/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all, yesterday I purchased a HP p6-2417a and have experienced some very odd problems concerning the wifi connection.
Occasionally the speeds will slow right down to a snails pace, or entirely disconnect making downloading or streaming anything near impossible. However, the odd thing is, if I leave the PC idle and locked until the display turns off, the speed goes up to a normal, consistent and stable 2MB/s, whereas if I'm using the PC it wont even go over 100kB/s, that is if I can establish the download in the first place.
So far I have tried updating my wifi adapter drivers and changing several network settings, none of which have worked. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-unstable-wifi-connection-on-new-hp-desktop.1090981/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi, I just bought the satellite C40D and I connected wifi, but internet speed is extremely slow (.2mbps), but when i connect to Ethernet it goes unto like 19~24mbps range.
My router is d link and setting is aes wpa2-personal
I have done many research, but nothing seems to work.
Can anyone help me fix this issue? need my laptop for school work

A:extreme slow wifi connection on windows 8

Originally Posted by idea4arts

Hi, I just bought the satellite C40D and I connected wifi, but internet speed is extremely slow (.2mbps), but when i connect to Ethernet it goes unto like 19~24mbps range.
My router is d link and setting is aes wpa2-personal
I have done many research, but nothing seems to work.
Can anyone help me fix this issue? need my laptop for school work

I fixed most of my Wi-Fi issues today by updating bios. I hadn't before because it said that the current version and the one I was trying to update to were the same. Today, I thought, "What the heck? It won't hurt anything." After the subsequent reboot, Wi-Fi works awesomely.

Maybe it could work for you too?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31040-extreme-slow-wifi-connection-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hiya For a while I ve been experiencing that my download and upload speeds seem to vary wildly while on my computer however they always seem to be MUCH lower than on my laptop When using speedtest net Wifi slow on but not desktop on laptop connection my laptop tends to average around mbps downloading and mbps uploading Occasionally my desktop will peak and be slightly better best I ve seen today is mbps and mbps uploading but the grand majority of the time it seems to hover at around mbps download and or mbps upload I don t understand why this is Wifi connection slow on desktop but not on laptop Things I have tried Updating to Windows on desktop not that I am on my laptop Updating the drivers for my TRENDnet Mbps Dual Band Wireless N USB Adapter wireless adapter tried no need as they re up to date Turning off power saving mode I don t know why this was enabled on a desktop but it was Turning off the windows option to quot disconnect this device to save power quot Cleaning in the inside of my desktop tower Changing my IPv DNS server values And I have also tried running a full virus scan malware scan and uninstalling every program I installed in the last month And I know it is almost certainly not interference due to the fact that my laptop sits directly above my PC tower both a whole floor away from the router and the laptop does okay For the sake of checking I have tried moving the laptop to a different room but that is not the cause of the problem In addition to the speedtest net results given earlier when going to network and sharing centre and clicking on my connection the speed is listed as mbps but often jumps all the way to exactly mbps with no figures in between Very occasionally I see mbps but that will be not very often at all I live in a rural part of England in the UK and my ISP is Plusnet if this is relevant My security type is WPA -Personal I am also a video game streamer both for watching and making my own content I mention this not as a promotional thing but it means my usage for the internet is quite high I am not especially tech-savvy so I mention that in case it matters Sorry if I have missed any relevant information and sorry to come to you with this problem I have tried sorting it on my own and even tried waiting for over a week to see if the problem would stop on its own but it s not I d be ever so grateful to anyone who can help It is worth noting that my signal strength on my computer varies but it tends to hover between and bars out of Is the issue purely on that And if so what would you recommend nbsp

A:Wifi connection slow on desktop but not on laptop

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page (don't collapse the Radar, Connection or Signal History) of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector. If you need help with a screen shot see TSG Posting a Screenshot. FWIW to take screen shots with Windows Vista or latter I prefer to use the built-in Snipping Tool.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-slow-on-desktop-but-not-on-laptop.1156455/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi guys I slow/no wifi Netgear router connection m hoping someone can help with my Netgear router wifi slow/no connection ongoing wireless problems I m having with Orange The laptops in my flat are wirelessly connected to a Netgear N Wireless router and the connection is forever going from little to nothing I ve tried resetting everything getting Orange to replace the router a new Netgear N but still nothing I ve tried changing channels in the past but never seems to last I can t work out if another wireless router in another flat is chomping into our connection Here s my ipconfig all results Windows IP Configuration Host Name TheBashmore Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - C-CF-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address C-A - - C-CF-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R WiFi Link BGN Physical Address C-A - - C-CF-C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a a c c b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained August Lease Expires August Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -B - -F - D-A - C- - D DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D-A - C- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address ef fb f cb fde da Pref erred Link-local IPv Address fe f cb fde da Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter isatap AB F -FBFA- BB- D- FBB FA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CF DD C-B - A- A -C BBC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap F DFF-ADAB- - - DFAF A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CDF F - BDF- DD - - AC B F BD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Here s the Ping C Users Bashmore gt Ping Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Hoping someone could shed some light It s really cheesing me off as two laptops and the PS just can t connect or any connections fail after a short time And it s been like this for around months Also there s no problem when it s wired to the router Currently on channel other people seem to be on or Cheers very much all nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

I just bought a new computer and it has a wireless adapter already plugged in the USB internally It is a Realtek RTL AU Adapter Slow 8? wifi - Windows or connection problem Network Adapter I am running off wifi on other devices in my home right now and the connection is perfect for those When reading the reviews for my computer which is this one iBUYPOWER Source Series NE X Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX- GHz GB DDR TB HDD Windows -Bit - Newegg com a lot of the reviews said that they had problems with the Slow wifi connection - Adapter problem or Windows 8? wifi adapter too and the internet Slow wifi connection - Adapter problem or Windows 8? worked after they downgraded to Windows I thought that was the problem but looked into it more and some people on a different forum told me that it is not a problem with Windows and it is a problem with the Wireless Adapter I'm not too sure now because the reviews said that the adapter worked well after the downgrade I need some opinions and help because being on a slow internet connection is killing me Let me know if you need more information

A:Slow wifi connection - Adapter problem or Windows 8?

Welcome to the forum!

Latest drivers? Found some dated July here, haven't checked Realtek site yet: DriverMax search for Realtek RTL8811AU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB 2.0 Network Adapter on Windows 8.1 - 64 bit, page 0

Here is better place to get them: Realtek RTL8192EU/8813AU/RTL8811AU/RTL8812AU USB Wireless LAN ver. 1026.13.0625.2014

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/58555-slow-wifi-connection-adapter-problem-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a Dell 1390 Wlan in an Inspiron 1501 running Windows XP. A few weeks ago we upgraded our Internet DSL from 500 kbps to 3mbps. I'm achiving 3m with a hard connection, but still only 500k via WiFi. To see if it was the wlan card, I installed the software and used my husband's Netgear USB wireless adapter on my Inspiron. With it I get a 3m connection. Shouldn't the Dell 1390 be able to handle a 3m connection? Is there a setting somewhere I need to change?

A:Slow WiFi connection w/Dell 1390 WLAN

There should be no reason that your machine can't sustain a 3mbit connection.

Top suspect would be the wireless drivers, update them from the Dell support pages.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-wifi-connection-w-dell-1390-wlan.902008/
Relevancy 56.33%

My fiance and I are in the same room as the wireless router My computer is hooked up to the ethernet itself with super-slow Laptop has suddenly Wifi Solved: integrated connection no problem there Our roommate is in another part of the house far away from the router and he says he s getting insanely fast internet My fiance s laptop which is the Compaq F duo-core laptop running Vista was working Solved: Laptop with integrated Wifi suddenly has super-slow connection great for a week or so at this house Then suddenly one day she comes home from work and her internet is running like it s hooked up to k If she hooks up to the ethernet the connection on her computer is amazing So - Roommate s integrated Wifi is working GREAT from far away from the wireless router - Problem computer is ten feet from the router itself and getting terrible speed - Definitely connected to our network with a unique name So as far as I can tell the problem is not our provider not our router and not range It seems to lie solely with the way the wireless software or possibly hardware is set up No one changed any settings before this happened but the computer is set up to update automatically If anyone has any input that could help we would be incredibly grateful We re at the end of our ropes on this one nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop with integrated Wifi suddenly has super-slow connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-with-integrated-wifi-suddenly-has-super-slow-connection.918904/
Relevancy 50.74%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 50.74%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 50.31%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best [email protected] THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK [email protected]@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER [email protected] A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED [email protected]:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected][email protected]@ECHO 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a new Aspire ES ES - -P C with Windows I can connect to my wifi-router 13 - connection Wifi unstable / Wifi Es ran... Aspire and access the internet but the connection randomly drops after a couple of minutes I can Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran... reconnect sometimes after running the windows troubleshooter The wifi-chip is a broadcom BCM It seems that there's an issue with the driver and or Windows Wifi works perfectly on Ubuntu-Linux booted from USB nbsp Here's what I've already tried - reboot of router- turn off all the energy-saving stuff in the device-manager- uninstall old drivers- install new drivers from the Acer site- install all windows updates- install driver in compatibility-mode windows - reset windows delete everything and reinstall windows from recovery nbsp The question really is if this is a known problem with the driver or the OS If so then I could install Windows But I'm very close to sending the laptop back because I really don't want to waste my time nbsp fixing a newly bought preconfigured laptop nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran...

I had similar problem with ES15.  It started by dropping wifi after about one hour of use, then got worse...Also was plagued with the infamous "red x" over the network icon down in tray at bottom. After slight improvement when I updated the firmware (it was out of date), problem degraded to point that I could not connect at all, even with re-booting. Finally, even no internet with ethernet!   Problem finally solved by doing the following: press "control/alt/delete" all at once, select "Task Manager",click "Services Tab" at top, click "status" tab on line just below the tabs: this will re-sort the services alphabetically together according to their status's (ie running, stopped)...click again on status until all the services in the top  of the list you are seeing all say "stopped". Carefully begin going down the list top to end of services that are stopped, any stopped service that contains a reference to network, connection, connectivity, discovery,x-box,wireless, LAN, WAN, homegroup,:click on it (memorize the service name), right click on it: select "open services" find that service in the alphabetical list,(notice the descriptions here are very detailed now) RIGHT CLICK IT, select "Properties" select "Start", If startup type is not "Automatic", select "Automatic", click apply. Go back to the previous services page, continue down the list from previous service (that you just changed) and find the next one, repeat above steps. It may be faster to make a handwrite a list of all the stopped services as described above, then open the more in depth services page where you can then make the services automatic and start them one after the other. I did this to about 20 services, then rebooted and have never had a problem connecting with wifi or ehternet again! (and never getting the red x anymore either).  This method was used well after live tech support chat with Acer tech support. I wish I could offer a specific service that actually was the culprit, but I was so frustrated by the time I finally tried this, I had lost the patience to deal with documenting the changed services. Once it's fixed you can always go back and turn off services back to manual, but If I did that I would immediately make sure it has not degraded my wifi connectivity before continuing with more! Hope this helps, 'cause I'm Lovin' it! (I am seeing wifi's all around my house I never saw before!)Good luck....Ron   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-Es-13-unstable-Wifi-connection-Wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/394267
Relevancy 49.02%

hello.

i have cable internet that is connected to a belkin wireless router. one computer gets slow internet access when connected to this. multiple other computers get better speed. the one affected computer gets fast speeds when accessing the internet at other locations, like a friend's house. also, the affected computer gets fast speeds when connected to the router by a cable.

so the problem seems to be very specific to the connection between these specific devices.

the laptop in question is a thinkpad e420 running windows 7.

thank you in advance for any solutions or suggestions you might have.

A:Solved: slow net with 1 computer and home wifi, but not other computers or other wifi

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-slow-net-with-1-computer-and-home-wifi-but-not-other-computers-or-other-wifi.1085104/
Relevancy 47.73%

(I cannot run the utility because I am unable to get online at all. Currently using my iPhone)

Recently switched to Comcast ISP and although my computer shows that my wifi is connected, I cannot get online . If I restart my laptop it may get me connected for a few minutes at the most then it will say "webpage not available"

Also when I connect to google chrome it is now giving me three windows, search conduit, search ask and default search .dont know why that is happening either .

Help! Not tech savy at all (clearly!)

Relevancy 47.73%

I have my LAN setup:
ADSL modem ->Router->Compute*r A , Computer B (wireless)

My laptop connects fine... but all of a sudden it just stops connecting to the internet. However the connection has a strong signal and still says it is connected...but it just lags and doesnt connect. Then it'll come back for little while. Sometimes I'll repair the wireless connection and it works again but only for a few minutes.

But here's a spooky thing....all this doesn't happen when i unplug my AC! that's right I'll have it plugged in to the power outlet, and wifi comes and goes...as soon as i unplug it and it runs on battery...the internet works fine...yikes

A:Solved: wifi connection coming and going..but LAN connection is fine

I can't see your exact positioning, but it sounds like you need to move your "brick" so that it is not interfering with the wireless signal when plugged in. When I forget, and start getting the same thing, I move mine at least a foot away from the wireless adaptor and out of the path to the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connection-coming-and-going-but-lan-connection-is-fine.419751/
Relevancy 47.73%

Dear all I generally have good WiFI connection but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet which provides me with WiFI in our working space No problems here I have been noticing that on my laptop when I sit in the living space my internet connection is dropping WITHOUT randomly dropping WiFi connection through connection Internet losing connection to the WiFi network This makes me reset my adapter but mostly without succes Sometimes it spontaneously regains internet connectivity This happens at random to Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection me My cell phone doesn't have the same problem Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection nor does my Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection GF's computer I notice that when i go back to the workspace where wifi is distributed through my TP-link more often then not I instantly regain connection Which makes me think this is a problem of IP adress that is different when switching from Wifi through router and Wifi through TP-link Here is the runout for my ipconfig all and Output for 'netsh wlan show all' Windows IP Configuration docx Regards Robin

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57254-internet-connection-randomly-dropping-through-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear concern, Good day I recently setup my laptop (HP Notebook - 14-ac037tu)  in windows 7 but it is not connecting with my wifi network. And it is also not working even after connecting with broadband network. So many hard ware is not installing drivers because I cant find them anywhere.Please give me solution. here is a view of the problem:   Thank you,Ahsan   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wifi-connection-and-no-wifi-driver/td-p/5635294
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a iMac and I have installed Windows7 using Bootcamp v4.0.

When I use the computer on MacOS X I am able to connect to the Wireless Connection named ([email protected]), also when I restart the computer the same connection shows on the boot-loader screen. But when I am on the Windows 7, I am unable to see the same connection in WIFI connection list. I was earlier able to connect it, but now it doesn't shows up in the list.

All other Wifi enabled devices viz. Android Phone, iPad are able to connect to the same connection & they are in the same room. So why I am unable to connect the iMac when on Windows 7.

How do I fix this?

A:Wireless Connection - WIFI connection not showing up

Hello,

Can you please provide us an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289918-wireless-connection-wifi-connection-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 46.87%

What the hell is going on?

I have an Lenovo P500. Running 8.1. Intel N2230 wifi card

It does have a connection, every now and then it may drop but not really.

On the icon in the bottom right corner if I just hover the mouse over the wifi icon it is normal, name of connection and internet access. If I click the icon the purple box pops up on the right and it says The connection is limited.

I have tried rollback, installing an updated driver from Lenovo support, Disable bluetooth and a couple other.

Wifi works on every computer. Just this 8.1 it does not.

Whenever I restart the computer it forgets the password, I have to re enter the password every time even though I have connect automatically checked.

A:Windows 8.1 .. Wifi connection = The connection is limited

Are you trying to connect to a Public Wifi hotspot, or your own personal network?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67806-windows-8-1-wifi-connection-connection-limited.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My hp laptop will no longer connect to the internet thru both a wifi connection or cable connection. I've also tried to do a system restore to an earlier date and it will not let mme do this either. HELP!!!

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Home within the last 3-4 months and I have been experiencing several issues. The one of concern is connecting to certain wifi networks. I am able to connect to my hotspot on my phone and certain wireless routers but I am unable to connect my home 5g router, well the 2g connection.I have tried using the following links to solve the problem:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connect...and https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/WiFi-problem-No-internet-DNS-Not-working...  (namely the "ipconfig /flushdns" cmd, which did get the connection to come with 'connected, secured', however I was still unable to use the browser.) I have removed any vpn that I have been using and have updated by network driver via the device manager > network adapter > Intel(R) Wireless - N7260 > update driver software route have made no progress. Can anyone offer any assistance?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connection-slow-performance/td-p/3385767
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello guys, I just want to know if it is possible to connect two (2) laptops through WIFI without using an AccessPoint?

A:WIFI to WIFI Connection

You can, there's instructions here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-to-wifi-connection.577354/
Relevancy 43.86%

Is anyone having issues with their Windows 10 tablets not connecting to 5G wifi?
I have a couple of Dell Venue 1 Pro 5130 tablets; and they suddenly cannot connect to the 5g wifi at my place simultaneously. They can still be connected to the 2.4g wifi. Meanwhile, all of my BlackBerry 10 phones are fine being connected to the 5g wifi.
Since I have the auto update and install on for both of my Windows tablets, I am thinking it has to do with some update that MS pushed in the past few days. Any ideas?
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

A:Wifi Connection with 5G wifi

Originally Posted by skstrials Is anyone having issues with their Windows 10 tablets not connecting to 5G wifi?
I have a couple of Dell Venue 1 Pro 5130 tablets; and they suddenly cannot connect to the 5g wifi at my place simultaneously. They can still be connected to the 2.4g wifi. Meanwhile, all of my BlackBerry 10 phones are fine being connected to the 5g wifi.
Since I have the auto update and install on for both of my Windows tablets, I am thinking it has to do with some update that MS pushed in the past few days. Any ideas?
Posted via the Windows Central App for Android try adding the wifi again and also restarting the router

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/435636-wifi-connection-5g-wifi.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi my pc is having wifi issues It is loading webpages very slow and will say limited when looking at the network it is connected to If I disconnect and reconnect to the network it will say connected and then - other Wifi devices PC for ok Wifi / "Limited" Slow mins later will be limited again and or slow I thought PC Wifi Slow / "Limited" Wifi ok for other devices at first it was my wireless card as both my phone and laptop connect to the wifi internet speed and connection is fine in the same area I replaced the wireless card in the PC with a wireless usb stick to connect to the wifi but the problem is exactly the same Does anyone know what is happening here or how to fix it Tried the following but cant find a fix its not a driver issue as ive reinstalled PC Wifi Slow / "Limited" Wifi ok for other devices drivers installed completely new wireless adapter and still same issues if i reduce connections to the router the issue persists the router is running on a channel no other routers are running on if i run speedtest net on the pc which is have issues the speed is slower than if i run on laptop or phone Thanks a lot

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/pc-wifi-slow-quotlimitedquot-wifi-ok-other-devices-4604181/
Relevancy 43%

hey,

Today i have a new problem with my adsl. The wireless was working at full 'advertised' speed last night, then today i noticed the wireless connection symbol in the task bar had changed from 54mbs to only 2 mbs, and a speedtest showed that it was a tenth of the speed it used to be.

Because i just installed my modem yesterday, i thought maybe this was just the isp limiting my connection until i register the modem or something. However, when i connect an ethernet cable between the modem and my computer, the connection works at full advertised speed. Does this rule out the possibility that my isp is limiting my signal, and suggest that the problem is with my wireless settings? Thanks for any help. The modem is a speedtouch 780.

Relevancy 43%

Ok I hook up my laptop to my modem with an Ethernet cable and then when I use wifi Connection / wifi I use an Ethernet cable between Connection / wifi the modem and the router correct So whats wrong with that setup what else could I use then Ethernet and why and would it be better and would I notice it being better A friend mentioned something called quot Network quot then he dropped it when it couldn t explain it so am I missing something Also when I use the modem my ISP speed is gigs just love that but then when I want to move about with the lap top I use a netgear N and I get a huge over the top drop in speed down to gigs Is that normal do I need a better router to get better in sync with my Arris Modem or what Can I speed up my router and if so how Just got a router this past week and was shocked at the huge speed drop off using a router for the st time now to get mobile now and then Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Connection / wifi

Ok I hook up my laptop to my modem with an Ethernet cable and then when I use wifiClick to expand...

why do you use both ?

Ethernet Cable will usually be faster and more reliable

Wireless speed is effected by a number of factors - distance , quality , obstructions , type of adapter/router "G", "N"
and yes its quite common to have a drop in speed

you will not have 58 gigs

the speed is usually quoted as Mbps (Mega bits per second)

the ISP and your connection type (broadband provider) will determine the speed yo can get at the modem
what are you paying for - usually quoted as approx or upto speeds

lets see an xirrus screen shot - so a) see the signal and b) possible interference

if you are about 4 feet away from the modem/router and with NO obstructions
what speed do you get and how are you measuring that speed
I recommend
www.speedtest.net
also run
www.pingtest.net

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file to the faulty PC and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://go.pardot.com/l/66982/2015-01-26/2361i
enter you details
Download this file "DOWNLOAD WI-FI INSPECTOR Vx.xx "
( the site now appears to allow webbased emails like gmail, hotmail, outlook and yahoo now )

There is also a xirrus gadget, But that does not have all the fuctionality "DOWNLOAD GADGET Vx.xx

Alternative links - Use the links below
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Network-Tools/Network-Monitoring/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector.shtml
http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html
Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here
http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/xirruswifiinspectorguide1-2-0

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr b... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connection-wifi.1151907/
Relevancy 43%

Hi. I have a linksys BEFSR41 Router and i need help setting
up a Wi-Fi connection. Every time i search for an access point,
it says i have no access point in range. I tried the manual setup
but i keep getting error 51100 "Unable to connect to the access point. confirm the correct
WEP key has been entered"

Where do i find my WEP key?

A:HELP! Ds wifi connection help

WEP key is the password u use to connect to the access point

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-ds-wifi-connection-help.919041/
Relevancy 43%

Hello every one out there i am new to this forum So this is my first question I'm new to windows connection Wifi recently bought a desktop and I have a question about it regarding my network connections When I open Control Panel Network and Internet Network and Sharing Center three icons under the currently connected to section Wifi connection One is my broadband connection with bench icon and below it says Internet Access Second one is my wireless network connection wyp with house icon and below it says No internet access Third one is another bench icon with name wyp and below it says No internet access I don t know from where the third icon connection came from How do I delete it Though my wireless network says connected I don t have any internet connections I have tried to run diagnostic and its DNS server isn t responding Therefore I m using broadband connection instead Please help to set up wireless connection Edit Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Wifi connection

Hi wangdyp

Most desktops do not have internal or USB wireless adapter but it is an option to add to acquire wireless connections on home networks. I presume you are viewing this network connections or is the same by looking on your system tray network icon and clicking it?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490183/wifi-connection/
Relevancy 43%

My wifi connection has sucked since the day connection Wifi they installed it but only option unless I go back to dial up or switch back to Hughes net and boy it doesn't take long to exceed MB in a hour period so Hughes net is OUT Anyways so far I love Windows until I have to deal with restarting my Wifi connection wifi I liked XP's way of repairing the connection It was fairly fast and usually helped solve my issues This thing that and Vista does when it repairs takes forever and I'm lucky if I have a connection at all after it spends minutes examining my system and in the end I have to unplug the primary router unplug the power supply for the wifi accelerator unplug the cable between actual outside wifi antenea and the accelerator box and then plug everything back in I guess my question is is it possible to force windows to do what XP did when repairing my connection

Hello Meduza.

To manually do what XP does to repair the connection, do the following:

1. Open Control Panel - Network And Sharing Center - on the left pane click "Manage Wireless Networks", find your wireless network in the list and delete it.

2. Go back to Network And Sharing Center - on the left pane click "Change adapter settings", right click on your wifi connection and select "Disable". Then after 4-5 seconds, right click again and select Enable.

That's the most of it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/4882-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi nbsp I recently purchased this HP Notebook - WiFi Connection -x nr running Windows -Bit nbsp But when I try to connect to the internet via WiFi or Android HotSpot I get web pages that says nbsp An issue prevented Google Chrome from displaying the web page Click the button to the left to launch HP Network Check to automatically diagnose and repair the issue nbsp nbsp With Edge and FireFox it simply does not enter a website nbsp Just states connection errors WiFi Connection nbsp However when I check the internet access it is strong nbsp nbsp And then sometimes I AM connected to the internet same way as before but the connection goes in and out nbsp All the while the connection is weak nbsp What is the issue here nbsp And what is with this HP Network Check button nbsp Seems like HP knew there was a problem with the adapters but installed them and sold the laptops anyway nbsp nbsp Your Solution s

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-Connection/td-p/5754480
Relevancy 43%

Hello,
So I like to keep my Mother's laptop clean and tidy with teamviewer but alas her wifi internet connection is down.
No connection available. From what I can gather the router is flashing as normal but the wireless connection icon on her Windows 10 taskbar is not showing the connected icon.
What would you suggest I ask her to do?
Should I get her to open the device Manager/Network adapters/Right click 802.11n wireless card and choose uninstall followed by reboot? Should She delete the driver software for this device before rebooting or leave that box un checked?
Thanks for your help.
Kind regards,
s.

A:Wifi Connection Is Down...

Is it showing a wireless icon but not connected, or no icon at all? Does she have a cable she could use pro tem?

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/wifi-connection-is-down.307026/
Relevancy 43%

My windows 8 won't connect to my wireless at home but will connect everywhere else.
It tells me that my ip needs configuration and that the media is disable on my networks among 100000 other problems that are apparently stopping me from connecting properly, but wouldn't that mean that this problem would occur every time i tried to connect to any internet connection?

THe wifi connects but comes up with "limited" and won't load any content. I assumed that is from the media being disabled but i can't find out how to enable it again!?

I've looked up every possible forum PLEASE HELP:cry::cry::cry:

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/33331-no-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 43%

how to connect your laptop to wifi without appearing in the list of the router owner??

A:wifi connection ???

When I connect my laptop to Wi-Fi I don't worry about "appearing in the list of the router owner." And I can think of no good reason for you to care either. Closing, as we do not help with such activity.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.1064368/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys I have been messing with this thing for days and nothing I am reading seems to solve the problem I don t know what my wife did to her tablet but I want to fix it for her The machine is Nextbook and it runs Wifi but connection no Windows It used to Wifi but no connection connect to the internet fine and then it wouldn t The internet is all on the same connection and it works on every other device in the house When she tries to connect on hers it says Wifi is on but no connections are available I have tried to manually connect but a connection still cannot be found My connection shows up in quot Known connections quot but the only option there is to quot forget quot the connection I used the command prompt and did the resets rebooted and all of that The config says that on all of my network adapters the media is disconnected but the drivers appear to be working properly from the device manager Also it says IP routing is disabled Any idea how to get it running again I will be checking this frequently and will answer any questions I can I didn t post the ipconfig here because I can t find my flash drive but I will ask my wife for hers when she gets home nbsp

A:Wifi but no connection

Have you tried "forgetting " the network and then inputting the info again?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-but-no-connection.1166736/
Relevancy 43%

Hello guys, i just purchased my Y700 from a store. I noticed that i was not receiving good signals from my wifiNot in terms of bars, but when i did a speedtest, i got like 16 Mbps (my plan is 50). I put another laptop beside my y700 , and i speedtest it, and i got 50 on that other laptop.I also noticed that the speed dropped and not getting any stable connection. Is there any solutions to this? I updated my wireless adapter driver and such but still bad connectionThank you!

A:Bad wifi connection

try uninstalling power manager software or change settings in advanced power options

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Bad-wifi-connection/td-p/3391016
Relevancy 43%

I have a HP mini windows xp. Why can't I access WiFi?

Hello HP Customer, Can you please help me with the details of your computer. Basically what is the model and product number for me to verify the product details and will revert on further information. Thanks,Mahesh

I work for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connection/td-p/5605662
Relevancy 43%

I have just had a new smart tv ,when I try to set the computer on the tv through wifi it is asking loads of imfo the only 2 details I know is the network name , its asking for subnet mask and a couple of other things I don't understand plus how do I find this imfo out ive been to there website but is not helped me( samsung _ I have a wifi printer that works fine so when I try to set up the connection on tv it is asking for an ip address im not sure of this either , does each device have a different address say like 192.168.0. ?????? 1.2.3.4 depending on how many devices is running would my printer have a different address to my computer . any help is always appreciated thankyou

A:wifi connection to tv

Quote: Originally Posted by Bosslady

I have just had a new smart tv ,when I try to set the computer on the tv through wifi it is asking loads of imfo the only 2 details I know is the network name , its asking for subnet mask and a couple of other things I don't understand plus how do I find this imfo out ive been to there website but is not helped me( samsung _ I have a wifi printer that works fine so when I try to set up the connection on tv it is asking for an ip address im not sure of this either , does each device have a different address say like 192.168.0. ?????? 1.2.3.4 depending on how many devices is running would my printer have a different address to my computer . any help is always appreciated thankyou

Rather than trying to set up a static IP, you should see a setting there to enable DHCP which will input all the settings for you automatically.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/287745-wifi-connection-tv.html
Relevancy 43%

I recently restored a laptop with Windows XP on it. After I got it set back up and tried to connect it to WiFi it won't connect. It keeps asking for WEP key. I tried the password but didn't work. Can you please help??

Relevancy 43%

so yesterday i was in the security forum struggling with viruses and after a quiet response i opted for a re-install.

Been ok so far until it gets to the connect to internet.

The PC has a wireless connection to a hub in another room.

The manual says look for the wireless connection icon in the sys tray.......... but there is none there... in device manager there is a 1394 network adapter.

i have tried the disable reboot and enable routine to no avail..

where do i go from here .. PLEASE??

thanks
Adrian

A:wifi connection

You say, "The PC has a wireless connection to a hub in another room." So, what is the issue?

Since I assume you do have some kind of connection problem ...

After the Windows install did you install the chipset drivers and then the networking and any other needed drivers from your Drivers CD or from the PC manufacturer's web site? Do you have any warnings, errors or unknown devices in Device Manager?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.747823/
Relevancy 43%

hi

my son has a Nintendo DS USB Wifi antenna. Shouldn't this be able to pick up wifi connections as well? it obviously has to communicate with the Nintendo unit but I dont see a wifi connection screen on the computer?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.878706/
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I am 14 and I have a DSi and I was playing pokemon diamond and couldn't get the wifi to work so I could get a friend code. This has also been happening with Animal Crossing: Wild World. Can you please help me to set up my wifi?

Relevancy 43%

earlier my laptop was connecting to wifi but not nowno wifi connection is displaying on the connection setting no wifi connectivity is there in my laptop where as others do connect to the same wifi network 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/no-wifi-connection/td-p/5707722
Relevancy 43%

whenever i take my laptop out of the house, use it at a coffee shop or library, and then bring it back home, i always have issues reconnecting to my home wifi. for it to work, i usually have to unplug the power from the router then try it again. this only happens when i use my laptop at another wifi connection for a while... any resolution to this? its very annoying..

when i connect to my home network, i dont any have issues when i try to reconnect the next day, it only happens when it leaves the house!

itll connect to the router, and say internet access, but then when i load the internet it doesnt work.. sometimes it says limited activity.. only when i disconnect the router and reconnect it, does the internet start working again

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.937707/
Relevancy 43%

Recently upgraded to Windows 10. No problems. Today I'm connected to wifi and can access Yahoo, Yahoo mail and my G-mail account, but I can not connect to other internet sites. Help!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connection/td-p/5670683
Relevancy 43%

Hello, I'm new here. I just got a very old laptop, and I know nothing about computers. I know its microsoft run and im trying to get it connected to my up to date wifi, but it isnt working out. In the control panel it recognizes that the wifi is there but it says it has limited or no connectivity. It also says its problem is that the network did not assign a network address to the computer. ive done a little research on this but still nothing has worked. my wifi does need a password but it hasn't yet asked for it.

Relevancy 43%

Ive just bought a brand new hp laptop, with windows 10, 32 bit. I am having so much difficulty with the wifi, i have tried everything from troubleshooting, to codes and BIOS resetting. Nothing has worked! My wifi router is fine as my phone and other devices are connected perfectly, however it says 'No WiFi networks found' when i click on the wifi icon. Im in desperate need of fixing this as i believe i have tried everything!

We have to know the model number of the laptop. We have to know what kind of wireless card. If you have 32 bit Windows 10 I am thinking it is a relatively low-end model and HP unfortunately puts some low-end wi-fi cards in those models, using a single antenna lead. But I digress. We need the model number. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connection/td-p/5616219
Relevancy 43%

I need help with this. All laptops, cell phones and tablets can connect to My WiFi/router except the desktop.

The second and third attachment shows the results from the diagnosis which all didn't work.

I then did the "cmd" in the run field in order to release and renew dns but to no avail. That's the first attachment you see.

Any suggestions?

A:no connection to WiFi

where are the "attachments"? I don't see them posted in your thread.
and what kind of "desktop" computer are you using that has the wifi connection problem?
you may need to install a stronger usb wireless lan adapter so that it can find your wifi/router

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/303384-no-connection-wifi.html
Relevancy 43%

I'm trying to connect to my wifi. I have bought a win 98 compatable wireless card, but although it is seeing the wireless router it won't connect.

I can't see where I need to enter the password for the router either.

Can anyone give me some advice please?

A:WIFI Connection Win 98

Try disabling all encryption and MAC filtering on the router and see if you can connect. I suspect that most W98 cards may not support WPA, which could be part of the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-win-98.739692/
Relevancy 43%

Hi can anyone help me. I am in the process of setting up wilress networking, I have completed the first stage and have the router an dmodem connected , when I try to get the Pc linked with the one upstairs it says time out, what is causing this and how do I resolve it?

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.772257/
Relevancy 43%

Hi, really need help here!
Can't get the wifi connection for a while. Tried everything I could. Even restored the laptop to the manufacture status. Still doesn't work. please see the attached details of the laptop.

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc
Ping Tests
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

For Windows 8
To open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.​
For windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

Now type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ): ​
In the command prompt window that opens

Type the following command
Ping 192.168.1.1
Post back the results in a reply here
right click in the command prompt box
select all
enter
control key + C key - to copy
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping google.com
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste

Ping 98.139.183.24
select all
enter
then reply here and
control key + V to paste
For your information only
these tests will check various stages of the connection, the first ping test, ping default gateway checks to see if you still have a connection to the router.
The next two Ping google.com & Ping 209.183.226.152 tests the connection to internet. google is to test by name and the ping test using a number is checking that a connection exists without DNS.
these tests then confirm if there is a dns issue on the connection.Click to expand...

if you see on the results a
"general Failure"
PING: transmit failed. General failure.Click to expand...

This sometimes means a firewall issue
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, kaspersky or Mcafee or any free security suites like zonealarm, AVG , Webroot etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.1137764/
Relevancy 43%

I have no idea what to do i know it is about drivers but i cant connect to the internet at all can someone please help me!

A:no wifi connection what do i do?

What exactly are you experiencing when trying to connect to the Internet via WiFi?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/17649-no-wifi-connection-what-do-i-do.html
Relevancy 43%

I usually work on hardware issues so Im a little in over my head, so I figured I'd ask some smarter people. ^_^ My friend brought me his laptop, it works fine with dial-up, picks up wi-fi hotspots, but even after connecting, the browsers aren't seeing any net. This is the info I could get on it...

Pentium 4 CPU/2.80GHz
448MB RAM
AC'97 Modem
Intel Pro/Wireless 2200BG

I only got to look at it a few minutes before its battery died, so I'd have to call for anymore information off it (which makes finding a solution even harder) but any ideas?

A:WIFI But No Connection?

it could be a virus blocking
it could be the wireless network switched OFF - often a switch on the laptop , or and FN + F key
it could be a driver issue and need a new driver
it could be a security suite / firewall blocking access
it could be a proxy setting - start>control panel > internet options > connection tab> lan settings > proxy setup there

otherwise we would want to see the following info
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here

We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results in a reply here

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box (A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results to notepad and then automatically open notepad.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results to a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy
Now go back to the forum - reply and then right click in the reply box and paste

{run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector} Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC

http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifitools.php
Direct link to the program is here http://www.xirrus.com/library/wifi_download_redirect.php
Then run and install the program
if you get an error - You need NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.

Run the program

post a screen shot of the program running - if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information, and also post which network "Adapter Name" (1st column) is yours on the list

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better.

{Device Manager}
Post back the results in device manager
Start > control Panel {Vista set to classic view}> system > {Vista, device manager on left hand side} {XP hardware Tab, device manager button} >
windows 7
start > control panel> System and Security> Device Manager

network adaptors, click on the + > post back the devices listed there
are there any ! ? or X
post a screen shot of the device manager - network adapters

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments b... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-but-no-connection.984957/
Relevancy 43%

ok, total newb question. my laptop which I've previously been able to use to connect to open wifi networks no longer seems to function properly. I can connect to the network (or so it says) but I'm unable to get online. Apparently I'm getting "no response" from the dns server. I literally have no idea how to fix this. anyone have a techno-weenie solutions?

Welcome to TSG, and happy christmas

can you open a command prompt please: start >> run >> type "cmd" and press ENTER

in the box type each of the following and press ENTER after each one, and allow each one time to finish:

ipconfig /all
ping www.yahoo.com
netstat -n

now right click in the window, click on "select all" in the submenu that appears. and then press ENTER to copy the data. right click and paste into your next post.

thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.782179/
Relevancy 43%

Hi to all on this brill site, I'm to this site and need some help if poss. I have a works supplied Toshiba Satellite pro c650 laptop running windows 7. I travel the world and have to use hotel and site WiFi to carry out my work. But some times I can not connect, the laptop will find the best conx and using the correct pass word etc. But it will not give me access, so is it the router or my laptop that's the problem. Thanks if you can help.

Wayne

check the fire wall settings is allowing access for the device.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection.1007157/
Relevancy 43%

Sometimes when I turned on my laptop the wifi connection isn't available.(Nothing is shown on the wifi list) I tried turning wifi on and off and also disabled and reenabled the wifi adapter but neither worked. I have to restart my laptop every time when this happened.(It happened only when I first turned on my laptop) What could the problem be?

Thank you in advance!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/no-wifi-connection-available-1113994.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello all

i got a problem with my wifi, actually its not only me, it affects a lot of students on the campus here. the problem is we have wifi, but only torrent clients work (that means we can only download movies and stuff), but we cant use internet, no browser works. only this 1 dude who had and old laptop with windows xp could use internet. so i tried putting on xp, but it didnt work. so what is the problem? maybe by changing port will help? tried to google how to change ports and stuff but didnt find nothhing. so what should i do

thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/no-wifi-connection-510620.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi
I have a wifi connection without any protection. now these days i cannot work on it. it tells me that
there is not any access on internet. earlier i could work on it. but the line is always without any protection. if you can help me, then please help me. thanks

You are going to have to provide much more detail if you want help i.e. system info, router, how connected together etc and what problem you are having with them, thanks...

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/272720-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 43%

i purchased an accer asprire 2315 laptop in april. has vista basic. came with 3 months free trial norton anti spyware . not sure if this is problem. trial period is over. am unable to connect to internet through wifi. would like to uninstall and use microsoft software that came with computer if possible. don,t know what to do. tried, unable to accomplish off line.

thank u

Relevancy 42.57%

Dear all please help me my windows need format or repair cos when i start up connection please getting help..... slow slow interner and and computer slow..... get slow speed and when connection to internet also slow computer slow and connection interner getting slow and slow..... please help..... too what happen for my windows please help me Thanks and regards Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update computer slow and connection interner getting slow and slow..... please help..... OB realsched exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Essentials msseces exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Sony Sony Picture Utility VolumeWatcher SPUVolumeWatcher exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO computer slow and connection interner getting slow and slow..... please help..... BTSTAC EXE C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files SolidDocuments SolidConverterPDF SCPDF SolidPdfService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System TUProgSt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Downloads McAfee VirusScan Enterprise v i Final Setup exe C DOCUME OEM LOCALS Temp McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SetupVSE Exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system MsiExec exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McScript InUse exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO no name - DB DCFE-B DD- -A - E A BE - c windows system hhouraa dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Scriptcl dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO EpsonToolBandKicker Class - E FB- DD- F -B AC-B CAE F A - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar EPSON Web-To-Page - EE D F- B- - D-C B AAEBA D - C Program Files EPSON EPSON Web-To-Page EPSON Web-To-Page dll O - Toolbar Solid Converter PDF - F C-A - F -B A-ED A C C - C Program Files SolidDocuments SolidConverterPDF SCPDF ExploreExtPDF dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run egui quot C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivir... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-slow-and-connection-interner-getting-slow-and-slow-please-help.837142/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have two computers that share a wireless connection.One computer uses Vista the other Xp.The Vista Machine is connected directly into the the cable modem and the Wifi router.Everytime I shut down or restart the XP machine,it loses the connection to the Internet.So I click on the computer icon in the system tray,click on properties,wireless network,make sure the box that says use windows to configure my wireless network is checked and then click ok.
Only then am I able to get on the Internet.Why does the Vista Machine always stay connected to the Net but the Xp Machine doesn't?

Relevancy 42.14%

Hello guys, i just purchased my Y700 from a store.

I noticed that i was not receiving good signals from my wifi
Not in terms of bars, but when i did a speedtest, i got like 16 Mbps (my plan is 50). I put another laptop beside my y700 , and i speedtest it, and i got 50 on that other laptop.
I also noticed that the speed dropped and not getting any stable connection.

Is there any solutions to this? I updated my wireless adapter driver and such but still bad connection
Thank you!

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:Y700 - Bad wifi connection

try uninstalling power manager software or change settings in advanced power options

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y700-Bad-wifi-connection/td-p/3391016
Relevancy 42.14%

Hiya guys,

I refurbed a laptop (Dell Inspiron 1150) and all went well!

There is however 1 annoynance, the wifi shows vey low, and the internet is either very slow or unreachable.
If I move the laptop closer to the wifi router (Sky) the connection is excellent.
I tried to connect my other laptop and that connects fine strong stable connection (and it detects 4 other networks in the area, whilst the 1150 only sees the one network)

The wifi card I bought is a Broadcom 802.11B/G Mini PCI Wireless Lan Model BCM4306 (802.11B/G 54MB), it came with the drivers.

Have any of you guys any ideas? card faulty, wrong driver maybe...?

I am Looking forward to your replies!

Martin

A:poor wifi connection

I doubt it has anything to do with drivers. I would check to make sure the antenna lead is plugged in.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/poor-wifi-connection.749522/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey, not sure if this is posted in the correct forum or not so moderators feel free to move it if you have too.. Just wondering if it is possible to create a shortcut on your desktop to the system tray "connect to networks" window? For Wifi.. as I like to keep my taskbar hidden yet everytime I wish to change networks I have to make it visible again. I know I could just make shortcuts to different networks, but that would clutter my desktop as I often connect to many different networks and I don't wish to do this.

So is this possible? Simply a shortcut that open the "Connect to network" small box that opens normally when you click the wifi tab in the system tray?

Thanks,
Matthew.

A:Wifi Connection shortcut?

How about try the shortcut on they keyboard : Windows key + X.
Should look like this:

Just click and it shows the centre (or the little box that shows in the right bottom hand corner).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/53021-wifi-connection-shortcut.html
Relevancy 42.14%

So i have a laptop ( Compaq Presario CQ57) and i upgraded it to windows 8 a few years ago and out of no where the wifi stopped working. I havent messed with the computer in a few years because i gave up. If i connect ethernet it still does not work. I can connect to type in my router password and connect but it says connection is limited, if i go to network and sharing it says i am not connected to anything. I cannot sytem restore or anything also so dont suggest it.

A:No wifi ( limited Connection )

Is this the only computer/device you are getting the issue on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-wifi-limited-connection.1147306/
Relevancy 42.14%

I need help When I'm not using my wired internet connection I usually use Wifi connection help! - loses whatever unprotected wifi connections are available nearby Trouble is my computer sometimes loses connection Wifi loses connection - help! and I can't connect to any other wifi networks because it says it can't detect any I have to restart my computer and connect again and this works fine until the connection inevitably drops I've tried switching the wifi switch on and off repeatedly and it still doesn't work Any help would be appreciated and if whoever answers this needs more info about my computer then I can provide Thanks in advance EDIT I went into Device Manager to see if there were any problems there and in the TO adapter properties I got this message This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device Code Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available So I clicked on it but nothing seems to be happening Will look around to see if I can get any answers from elsewhere but again all help is appreciated

A:Wifi loses connection - help!

Hi Nikkerloo,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

First, just because a nearby wireless connection is unprotected doesn't mean it is legal to use it. They typically belong to neighbors or other people or companies (who haven't the skill or knowledge or gotten help protecting the router) and when you use them you are using their paid-for access which not only slows down their connection, but may cost them money as they may be on a limited plan and thus would be paying also for your usage of their connection. Not only is this illegal, but it is unethical and immoral as well. Plus such signals are almost always weak (and the owners may turn them off), so getting disconnected is not all that unexpected even if everything were working properly - which the error suggests may not be the case here though it may be a factor. This does not apply to places like Starbucks and computer kiosks and such where wifi is provided and some may or may not be protected, but they have a specific connection (you can't just use any others that may show up) and it isn't "any nearby unprotected wifi connection" and, as a general rule, the signal is quite strong when you are in a location where connecting to that network is appropriate.

If you decide to setup and use your own wireless network (or need help connecting in places like Starbucks if that is something you need and are unable to do), I will be more than happy to assist you with this problem; however, I cannot in good conscience assist you in piggybacking off any unprotected wireless signals belonging to other people or companies. It is a violation of my principles and I believe it may also be in violation of this Forum's Code of Conduct.

Let me know if you get your own wireless router (including the manufacturer, make, and model). I will then also need the make and precise model of your Packard Bell (and the manufacturer, make, and model of the wireless adapter). Checking and updating the drivers (from the manufacturer's website) will probably be the first step. Next, we will gather information about the connection and see if we can resolve or identify the problem by you following the instructions in: Network Posting Tips. Then, assuming that doesn't work, we will work on getting it setup and resolving the problem by digging deeper into the situation (unless setting up your own wireless router or updating the drivers or following those procedures resolves the problem with nothing further required) - even if we have to start from scratch. I've now assisted more than I probably should have done, but that's as far as I will go given my understanding of the situation.

Good luck and best wishes!

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287109-wifi-loses-connection-help.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I can`t connect  my laptop with any wifi device. when I try to connect with wifi show following messege " can`t connect to this network". I have updated driver. this problem faceing in windows 7, 8 & 10 operation system. I try to connect wifi by extra USB wlan card, but show same messege (" can`t connect to this network"). Please help me........... 

A:Wifi connection problem

Install the correct drivers to your Operating System if it still persists then reset your wireless adapter by following these steps:-- Step 1:-- Open networking and sharing centerStep 2:-- Open Change Adapter SettingsStep 3:-- Right click your wireless adapter and select DiagnoseStep 4:-- Click next and follow the steps OnScreen Hope this Helps @AmreenSanhotra

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connection-problem/td-p/5806271
Relevancy 42.14%

I gave my 10 year old an old refurbished Dell Latitude 600. It seems to be intermittently losing wifi connection, even on my home wifi system.
Is there a card or something that needs to be replaced? Am I better off just buying a new laptop?
Thank you.

A:What causes this PC to lose wifi connection?

Is it using a network card? Or does it have built in wifi?

The drivers may need to be updated. Network drivers and firmware can both become obsolete over time. Upgrading newer versions of these things can sometimes fix network connection problems.

Do you experience connection losses on any other machines in the house? Sometimes there can be interference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-causes-this-pc-to-lose-wifi-connection.915618/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a HP Presario CQ running Vista it is about years old My wireless network adaptor is an Atheros AR b g Since doing a system recovery about two weeks ago my home network will be working no temperamental connection Wifi issues and then suddenly disconnect This router usually has a full strength signal and all the appropriate network settings on the computer are correct No other devices in the house have had issues with this router and during the issue my computer will connect Wifi connection temperamental to other wifi networks no worries If I try to re-connect I am denied and each time I diagnose repair the connection I receive an error such as quot Windows cannot connect because it received no response from the network quot or requesting that I plug in an ethernet cable Sometimes I will try a repair diagnose a few times in a row and the connection will then work other times a reboot and waiting an hour or so will work I have also done much troubleshooting already but there doesn t seem to be a consistent solution apart from waiting til it decides to work again I ve downloaded the latest drivers for the adaptor uninstalled then reinstalled it performed several system restores to the date when I recovered the computer deleted the network and manually re-added the network back into my connections performed ipconfig flushdns release renew reset and yes I am sure the wifi button is turned on Nothing happens to indicate it is about to disconnect and nothing happens to indicate that it is about to reconnect Is there any reason why this might keep happening Is the laptop just too old nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-temperamental.1167138/
Relevancy 42.14%

I apologize if this is not the right forum Please feel free to move as needed A few days ago I began getting the BSOD every time I would turn on my laptop The error consistently being shown was KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED NETwbw sys After several failed attempts Limited Connection WiFi to get the computer to turn on I did a full restore as there wasn t anything saved on the pc anyway After the restore I could turn it on but continued to get the same error and BSOD every time I would try connecting to WiFi I ran every windows update I could and updated all drivers including the Intel drivers for my wireless The BSOD is now gone but I can t connect WiFi Connection Limited to my network I ve tried using the router PIN and the network password but neither works I attempted to contact Toshiba Support and they think it s an error with the registry but want to make sure I can connect just fine with the Ethernet cable I can take screen shots or provide whatever information is needed I ve attached the info displayed from ipconfig all from both Ethernet and wifi Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks -JR K SysInfo below Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - U CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Family - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA ZEMAA Antivirus Norton AntiVirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:WiFi Connection Limited

Are you using the wireless driver from Toshiba's site or directly from Intel's? Try the other one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-limited.1147290/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a wired network consisting of a router, a desktop running WinXP, a laptop running Win7 and a network attached storage unit. I summer in a campground with a wifi hotspot. I would like use it to share an Internet connection between the 2 computers. Is that possible, and if so, how should I set up DHCP's?

If I disable the router's DHCP server, the LAN adapters get out-of-range default IP addresses apparently because they time out before the wifi connection is established.

If I enable the Router DHCP then end up with IP addresses on different network segments.

The hotspot appears to use the entire range of 256 IP addresses, so I'm concerned that if will occasionally assign conflicting addresses if I assign static IP addresses.

Any thought on how to do this would be appreciated.

Also, I'd be willing to use individual wif adapters on each computer if that would work better.

FredVN

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I had the same problem and I was just trying some of your solutions, but when I went into ipconfig no number comes up beside default Gateway

A:Intermittent WiFi connection

Hi MissyMecano,
Welcome to TSG

I have moved your post into a thread of its own, it gets confusing answering two peoples question in one post

SO - you have an Intermittent Wireless Connection - that was the title of the post you replied to - so is that the case
can we have some more detail

- Make and Exact model of Router, Modem or router/modem combination
- Make and Exact model of all PCs and Laptops
- How are the PCs / Laptops connected - full details - cable, wireless
- What windows version or other OS are running on each laptop Xp, Vista, 7, ubuntu etc
- Are there any other machines working - if so please provide details
- Most laptops have a wireless switch - some a physical switch other use a combination of the FN key + one of the F key to toggle on/off - make sure this is on
- Post back the status of all the modem and/or router lights - are they correct ?

Then post an ipconfig /all - lets see where the missing gateway is - it could well be a firewall blocking access
- Do you have a Firewall - if so it may be blocking access - what firewall / security program do you have or have you ever had on the PC?
{ipconfig /all}
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post results here
We would like to see the results from ipconfig /all post back the results here
-> Start
-> (XP - enter the following in the RUN box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all
-> (Vista or Windows 7 - enter the following in the Search box)
cmd /k ipconfig /all

A black box will appear on the screen -
rightclick in the box
select all
enter

then reply here and
control key + V to paste

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intermittent-wifi-connection.966068/
Relevancy 42.14%

I m having a lot of wifi issues with my new PC Unstable on new connection wifi PC The rest of it works perfectly but the wifi connection is giving Unstable wifi connection on new PC me nightmares It always appears as connected but it is totally unstable making it impossible to use it The strange part is that those problems are totally random and at a point selective Chrome may be loading Google and Facebook no problem but Twitter gets stuck At the same time I m using Jdownloader at Mb s speed and League of Legends can t connect to the server I ve tried everything Unstable wifi connection on new PC I could find changing drivers configuration registry keys and even a full reinstallation of Windows Something to notice is that right after the reinstallation it worked perfectly and it was getting worse every hour until it was completelly impossible to use it Right now it only loads a webpage every minutes I m using Windows and these are my PC components CPU AMD FX X Black Edition x GHz Turbo mode MB Gigabyte A-DS P GC Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX OC Gb RAM Kingston HyperX Gb DDR x Gb HDD WD Caviar Blue Gb RPM Sata- Gb s PSU Tacens Radix VII AG W SSD SSD Samsung Evo Gb Box NOX NXCBAYSX Wi-fi card Realtek RTL CE Please help me it s horrible to have a new PC and not being able to use it nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A running on Windows Home Premium Over the last months I ve been having serious issues with my laptops wireless connection The connection itself just suddenly drops before reconnecting at bad Really connection wifi issues random times later Sometimes its immediate sometimes it takes minutes sometimes longer The times it does this is random however I have noticed that it also tends to do this more often when strangely enough people are around or enter my home I don t know if that happens because of their cell phones or what but almost every time a guest or two come over my internet connection flat out drops repeatedly I ve tried numerous fixes Downloaded drivers acanned for malware moved by router and changed Really bad wifi connection issues its channel Also these connection drops seem to only occur with my laptop When my laptops connection drops I m able to browse at that exact moment on my cell phone just fine which I connect to use my wi-fi at home My cell phone almost never has these issues Is there anything I can do to remedy this situation It s very annoying and even more troublesome getting anything done nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

I have computer with xp. I use 3g dongle. Reently i got 3g router which converts 3g to wifi operation. The man got it going for me but when i got home t did not work.The computer is telling me that it is connected to the router but says no connection to internet. The man is not there anymore to help me. I am a pensionr trying to learn about this new technology so any answers please spell everything out very simply.
Thanking you in anticipation.
(P.S. I even tried it out on windows 7 computer but same negative results)

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys connection Odd problem wifi hope you don t mind me asking for help in my first post but seems there s lots of great people here that may know a solution to my problem Basically I ve Odd wifi connection problem had this problem for a few weeks not sure how it started but beforehand my laptop connected to my wifi network using the zero configuration service Win XP and the icon in the system tray updated as normal to show I was connected However now the laptop still connects to the network but the system tray wireless network icon still shows quot not connected Odd wifi connection problem quot and in the list of wireless networks that comes up after a double click for my network it says quot not connected quot but quot disconnect quot at the bottom of the window as opposed to connect quot Now it s obviously connected functionality is fine just some sort of bug in this Windows Zero Configuration thingy that stops it displaying as such problem is it s quite annoying to not know if you re connected and not realise when you get disconnected from the network Any ideas besides reformat how to fix this damn thing Tried a web search but no luck nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/odd-wifi-connection-problem.397387/
Relevancy 42.14%

I bought an Acer Aspire 5733Z 4 months ago everything was going fine with my computer. then 2 months ago my WiFi connection dropped randomly the only way to get it to work again was restarting the computer, and it started getting annoying.

Please help, i'll appreciate it.

----

A:losing my wifi connection.

The screenshot you show says that it is experiencing either a driver or hardware related failure, so the first step would seem to be to update the driver with the latest one from the Acer website. If that doesn't resolve the issue, call up Acer about a warranty repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/losing-my-wifi-connection-658940.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Now i'm like 90% sure I used to have the 5g network on this laptop.It's model ends in ABU which it says online should support it.Any idea on how to find it in my networks?Thank you, 

A:Cant find 5G Wifi connection.

Hi: It is very easy to tell if the wireless network adapter in your PC can connect to both the 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands. Go to the device manager, and click to expand the Network Adapters device category. There you will find the name and model number of the wireless network adapter. If the suffix of the adapter ends in b/g/n, then it is a single band (2.4 GHz) only wireless adapter. If the suffix of the adapter ends in a/b/g/n or a/g/n, then it is a dual band wireless network adapter.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Cant-find-5G-Wifi-connection/td-p/5632945
Relevancy 42.14%

I have the ZyXEL AMG -T A router all of the lights are lit up in green I am able to gain access to the internet on my desktop pc via the B-LINK Wireless Network adapater However the speed has decreased http i imgur com oljvDft jpg The problem is other devices are unable to use the internet We have a Samsung Galaxy S and that can detect and connect to the Wifi but we are unable to actually use the internet on our phones For example we unable to perform a simple google search as it will return nothing but a white blank page that eventually turns into a connection error message My PS can detect the Wifi but is unable to connect I have tried the following Restarting the router manually Logging into the router and restarting the router Reset to factory settings Changing the channel Restarted the android phones Reformatted the Samsung S Reset to factory settings on PS No success with any of the above This has just happened suddenly within the last hours and I am pulling my hair out to find out why and how to fix the problem I am baffled how I can connect on my desktop pc with a Baffled Wifi by connection wireless adapter but no other devices that was working perfectly yesterday My ISP isn't having any problems so I am Baffled by Wifi connection stumped

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/55631-baffled-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have a problem with internet connection on an asus Eee pc running windows xp It says connected but when i try navegating the web doesn connection wifi problem t work at all In the internet connections says connected but behind firewall I ve tryied a few things but nothing works I ve read on some posts to run the command ipconfig all and paste it here My pc is in french but i think its understandable Somebody help please Configuration IP de Windows Nom de l h te Manuel Suffixe DNS principal Type de n ud Inconnu Routage IP activ Non Proxy WINS activ Non Carte Ethernet Connexion au r seau local Statut du m dia M dia d connect Description SiS Ethernet Device Adresse physique -CF- - B- - B Carte Ethernet Connexion r seau sans fil Suffixe DNS propre la connexion Description n Wireless LAN Card Adresse physique -F - D- - D-B DHCP activ Non Adresse IP Masque de sous-r seau Passerelle par d faut nbsp

A:wifi connection problem

Connect to a router?
What make/modle?
Can you connect using ethernet?
What firewall and A/V are you using.
No gateway IP address and the one assigned looks more like one for a router.

Would start by turning on autoconfiguration for the wireless.

Click on the wireless icon to bring up the ststus page.
Click Properties at the bottom of the General tab.
In the Connect using box, scroll down to Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) Maybe listed as TCP/IPv4
Click to highlight, then click the Propertis button below the box.
On the Geneerral tab, select Obtain IP Address and DNS server address automatically.
Click OK, OK, then Close.

Not sure what firewall you are usnig on the computer, but you need to be sure the wireless connection is allowed through it.
For Windows Firewall, that would be Control Panel, Windows Firewall, Advanced tab. Make sure Wireless Connection is checked under Network connections.

See if that helps. Post another ipconfig /all.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-problem.1034506/
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a dell desktop with Windows 7. One day wifi started working intermittent. I connect to my signal, then after 2-3 minutes it disconnects. Two scenarios:
1. The icon tray signals all is well. Yet no connection. When I double click at the wireless dash board, it say no internet connection
2. The icon tray signals an exclamation mark "limited access"

Then it takes several attempts to reconnect and about 3-4 minutes minutes later it reconnects...for just 2-3 minutes again.

I am able to connect to my Linksys router from other computers in my home even while i am having problems with that one computer.

I even tried the wireless adapter with other computers and it seems the problem is not with the adapter.
I checked for channels interference and it seems there is no conflict.
I am out of ideas.

Relevancy 42.14%

i have a bufflo router whr-G300N that i bought atleast 2 yrs ago maybe longer. it was working fine until i had a dns error a couple of weeks ago. I dont have that error anymore but now im geting disconted from my ps3,3ds an other systems how can i fix this problem. also how can i get the WEP setting back right now im on the WPA-PSK setting which is not working to well. thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-wifi-connection-disconnects.1006821/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, a friend gifted me a Ralink RT2070 802.11 b/g Wireless USB Adapter so that I can get WiFi connection on my 3DS without needing a wireless router or anything. I figured out how to get it to connect to the 3DS effortlessly but I can't seem to figure out how to configure or set it up so that I can get WiFi connection on my iPad. When I plug in the Adapter and turn on the connection it shows up on the iPad WiFi connections list and accepts the connection but when I tried opening the app store ait said I wasn't connected to the internet. Can always step me through the process to configure/set-up to get it to connect on both 3DS and iPad ? Thanxs.