Windows Support Forum

Can i install a graphics card in a hp 260-a010 desktop

Q: Can i install a graphics card in a hp 260-a010 desktop

Hello i just want to know if i could in any way install a graphics card in my mini tower or my hp(260-a010) desktop cause i cant find any ports in the computer that could be able to connect to a gpu. Also i just got in to gaming, my friends told me this model was a good pc to start off with light gaming and i what to push in to another games but the stock gpu is holding me back plz i need anyones help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-i-install-a-graphics-card-in-a-hp-260-a010-desktop/td-p/5801322
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can i install a graphics card in a hp 260-a010 desktop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 89.87%

I opened up my case but there doesnt seem to be a place to install a new GPU. I have integrated graphics, but they're not exactly great. Was wondering if I'm just missing something or if I truly just can't upgrade.

A:New HP 510-a010 owner...Any way to upgrade graphics card?

Hi: I agree with you. I took a look at the motherboard illustration, and I do not see any kind of expansion slots available for add on graphics, or any other PCIe card. The only upgrades that can be done appear to be to increase the memory if you don't already have 2 x 8 GB installed.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/New-HP-510-a010-owner-Any-way-to-upgrade-graphics-card/td-p/5756676
Relevancy 73.53%

HELP nbsp I am attempting to upgrade my Desktop to P7-1280... HP graphics card install upgraded Cannot graphics card to my HP Desktop P - t CTO but I am not having any success in getting the CPU to boot and recognize the hardware nbsp Is there an option in BIOS settings I need to change to get my system to boot with the new hardware nbsp I have attempted to install the three following the first two of which were listed on HP's list of configurable options for my specific system when I purchased it in nbsp Radeon HD GB - Won't boot to initial nbsp HP blue splash setup screen - Cannot install upgraded graphics card to HP Desktop P7-1280... screen goes to sleep due to no available source nbsp Radeon HD GB got the HP-specific version - Won't boot to initial HP blue splash setup screen - screen goes to sleep due to no available source nbsp GeForce GT GB GDDR - Boots to initial nbsp HP blue splash set-up screen and stops - does nbsp not respond to any other options nbsp from this point nbsp All drivers are current and HP has not released any updates to the BIOS since Cannot install upgraded graphics card to HP Desktop P7-1280... nbsp System information nbsp Microsoft Windows Home - Version nbsp nbsp Build x -based PCIntel R Core TM i - CPU GHzBIOS Version Date nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AMI SMBIOS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Embedded Controller Version nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp BIOS Mode nbsp Cannot install upgraded graphics card to HP Desktop P7-1280... nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp LegacyBaseBoard Manufacturer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PEGATRON CORPORATIONPCR Configuration nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Binding Not PossibleHardware Abstraction Layer nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Version Installed Physical Memory RAM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp GBTotal Physical Memory nbsp nbsp GBAvailable Physical Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp GBTotal Virtual Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp GBAvailable Virtual Memory nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp GBPage File Space nbsp MBHyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions YesHyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions nbsp nbsp nbsp YesHyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp NoHyper-V - Data Execution Protection nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp YesGraphics AMD Radeon HD PNP Device ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS B A amp REV amp D amp amp Adapter Type nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AMD Radeon Graphics Processor SDI x Advanced Micro Devices Inc compatibleAdapter Description nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp AMD Radeon HD Adapter RAM nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp MB bytes Driver Version nbsp nbsp nbsp INF File nbsp oem inf ati mtag NI section Resolution nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp x x hertz nbsp Related software nbsp AMD Catalyst Control Center nbsp Configurable HP graphics options for system build nbsp at time of purchase nbsp Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD integrated graphicsGeForce MB GeForce GT GB GeForce GT GB Radeon HD MB Radeon HD GB Radeon HD MB Radeon HD GB Radeon HD GB nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Cannot-install-upgraded-graphics-card-to-HP-Desktop-P7-1280t/td-p/5650659
Relevancy 70.09%

The HP website claims the 510-a010 has 5.1 channel audio.  I have a logitech z506 system properly connected to the 3 jacks in the rear panel.  All I can get is stereo.  I think I need to reconfigure the back panel jacks but do not know how. Have tried several drivers - current version is 6.0.1.7673, but all drivers on HP site have same issue. Any ideas?  Thanks The following text is from the HP spec page for this model. Audio Codec: ALC3863-CGHigh Definition (Azalia) 5.1 channel audio supportAudio jack presence detection

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Audio/Pavilion-desktop-510-a010-can-not-get-5-1-sound-though-HP/td-p/5795298
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I've completed a new custom build but have had problems with BSOD from the beginning with any installation of Intel Graphics drivers or the installation of any graphics card When I first completed the build the XFX- Black was installed I booted to BIOS without issue but when I inserted the Windows bit it would boot through the windows logo screen but immediately BSOD right after going to the first install screen I removed the graphics card and was able to complete the full Windows install without issue I updated Windows and the drivers on the system but as soon as I installed the Intel Graphics driver it would BSOD on every restart I recovered back prior to the Graphics driver install and installed all other drivers I updated the BIOS to the latest version I have reattempted the XFX multiple times in different slots but with the same results I also attempted my Radeon HD from my old computer but it gave the same results It always boots through the Windows logo screen but BSOD within a few seconds of reaching the password screen I broke down and installed Driver Whiz which did detect multiple outdated drivers that I had not caught but none or of graphics BSOD with Graphics card install install of driver Intel of these fix the issues BSOD with install of Intel Graphics driver or install of graphics card I've attached the requested zip I don't think all BSOD's are showing up as I've had to use recovery points after installed drivers didn't work The last dmp on JUL was a Intel Graphics driver install attempt that I pulled off in safe mode before recovering back to the pre-driver point Appreciate any assistance Thanks System ASUS P Z -V Pro GEN Intel K XFX R Black Edition OCZ W Crucial GB SSD Seagate Barracuda TB HD Corsair H Windows bit full

A:BSOD with install of Intel Graphics driver or install of graphics card

I recommend for future reference never to use driver discovery software like Driver Whiz. They have a propensity to install erroneous, buggy and/or outdated drivers. Finding drivers for your hardware should always be done manually.

Anyways, while I don't see any specific pattern for the crashes, I do see at least some of them are during disk I/O. That's when I immediately got suspicious of your Crucial SSD. If you have not already, the very first thing you should do when installing an SSD into a PC is to update your SSD's firmware, followed by your BIOS and any chipset/disk controller drivers. This is necessary as initial SSD firmware often has a habit of causing issues, which frequently is resolved when updating it.

If that all doesn't work, then it's time for some other hardware tests. Start with 7 passes of Memtest86+, followed by Torture Test on Blend for 9+ hours with Prime95. If those don't turn up anything, then replace either your motherboard (most likely culprit) or your SSD drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241395-bsod-install-intel-graphics-driver-install-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My graphics display suddenly stopped for my computer. My PC is not even recognising my monitor, I tested my monitor with some other PC's and it is working properly. I though graphics card not working.??

But since my existing graphics card is gone and there is no on board graphics card on my PC I am not able to uninstall existing graphics card and install new one.

Could some one please suggest me what to do in this situation to see some thing in monitor so that in can start doing Uninstall/Installtions.?

Thank you very much for your replies in advance. I really apprecite it.

Thanks
Satish.

A:How to install graphics card when the existing graphics card in not working.

You could always stick the new one in and boot up in safe mode. Then proceed to uninstall all the remnant drivers. That *shouldn't* cause any problems, but it may be choppy when you boot up.(I've had this happen before, swapping a Riva TNT2 for a GF6600).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-install-graphics-card-when-the-existing-graphics-card-in-not-working.54327/
Relevancy 61.92%

I recently purchased an Acer Veriton M G desktop which has an i - processor Windows Pro bit and Intel HD to PCI-E Graphics to HD graphics install disable how card Intel Graphics listed as the video card I also purchased a PNY nVIDIA Quadro FX PCI-E card for improved picture editing and home video viewing and editing I have already replaced the original wattt how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card power supply to a watt Antec Truepower I had on hand and boosted the RAM to gigs from the original Question Am I getting any improvement in visual quality or system speed with the Quadro or is it a waste of money and I should just save up to buy a bigger video card This card was on sale for If I am getting improvement then I need to ask another question Question Instructions for the Quadro installation are as follows --Uninstall the existing VGA driver -Remove the existing Display Driver via quot Add or Remove Porgrams quot -Shut down your computer --Remove your Existing Graphics Board or Disable Integrated D Graphics Controller skipping instructions on how to remove existing graphics board -Systems with integrated also know as on-board D graphics may require you to disable the integrated D graphics system Consult the owners or vendor manual that came with your PC on how to properly do this So how do I disable the onboard just uninstall the driver The only driver how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card I can find on the uninstall menu is quot Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver quot does this sound correct I did find the option in BIOS and it is currently grayed out I assume it will activate when it senses another graphics card Acer wants me to access their Pay for support system to learn how to disable the onboard so I m searching elsewhere now Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:how to disable Intel HD Graphics to install PCI-E graphics card

It's likely to be an improvement, but check it and see.
Onboard graphics are disabled in the BIOS (Try looking under "Integrated Peripherals" or something similar.
You probably don't need to do this, but it's nice to know how.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-disable-intel-hd-graphics-to-install-pci-e-graphics-card.942178/
Relevancy 58.91%

With a limited budget in mind. No gaming.

With many of the retail stores offering brand name desktop computers for good prices I notice that none have a dedicated graphics card - all are integrated.

Is a dedicated graphics card needed and why or why not?

This one is $445.00 at St*ples.

HP Pavilion p6610f Desktop PC AMD Athlon? II 635 Quad-Core Processor (2.9GHz)
4GB installed memory
750GB hard drive

A:New Desktop. Why get a graphics card?

If the intended use is just for surfing the web, email, word processing, etc... then a computer with built-in video is all that is needed. If you think you may want to do gaming in the future you could add a dedicated graphics card then, provided the rest of the computer is up to it. If you check the mfr specs you'll see that there are PCIE slots available for a dedicated graphics card to be added.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/135444-new-desktop-why-get-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I use Bumptop, at 1920x1080, and every day for the past 2 or 3 years I've been using it, everything is fine. GPU works at about 20% From a gadget monitor. Today I woke up to a very slow, skipping seconds on you tube, slow computer. Looking around my graphics card is 100%.

Looked through task manager, nothing out of the ordinary. I closed Bumptop and my GPU goes to 0% and everything is ok again. This doesn't make sense. I use this every day fr years straight and now my GPU is going nuts just trying to run it.

I'm looking for idea's on what it could possibly be that is making it run at 100% all the sudden. I know it's bumptop but why out of no where when not a thing has changed?

Graphics card - Radeon HD 6990
Computer, 6 cores 3Ghz.
RAM- 8 Gigs

A:Graphics Card at 100% on desktop?

my guess is something else has changed and causing it to use 100 percent of the gpu.
you could try removing it and reinstalling it.
also if there was a recent video card driver update that could be triggering it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-at-100-on-desktop.1138282/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I hope I didn't screw up by putting a thread in the wrong place on my first post.

Anyhow, I'm looking for a new graphics card to replace my old nvidia 9600 GS.

Specs:

HP Pavillion m9500z
Monitor: HP w2338h
Processor: AMD II X4 920
Main board: MSI: MS-7548 (PCI-Express)

If you need any more info, just ask

Games I play daily: Team fortress 2 / other games running on Source.

I've been looking at XFX Radeon 4890 1GB, or XFX Radeon 5770, but I don't know which one will actually be better than my current card. My budget is under $220, thanks in advance!

A:Looking for a new graphics card for my desktop

I would tend toward a 5770 or a 5850. Both are good, and under the budget- performance is not far off on each.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/looking-for-a-new-graphics-card-for-my-desktop.917562/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys Some time ago I purchased after BSOD (second graphics card card!) install a Asus Nvidia GeForce GT Graphics Card and immediately after installing it I encountered BSOD issues I tried the numerous guides on how to potentially sort this online uninstalling and reinstalling Nvidia programs drivers in certain orders but never fixed the problem Sadly I lost the box and receipt so it s now a paperweight Now I decided to cut my BSOD after graphics card install (second card!) losses and try a completely different card in the hope that the problem would no longer happen Not wanting to use Nvidia again I opted for the Sapphire Radeon R All was well for the first day however I then got a BSOD Sadly this has now continued time after time I tried getting Display Driver Uninstaller and uninstalling all BSOD after graphics card install (second card!) the drivers that it allowed me to I am currently running the PC with no graphics card driver as far as I can tell and I just have the basic look to my Windows I came home today and once again I have had a BSOD My reason for wanting a new graphics card is that I m running a dual monitor setup when I m on the on-board graphics card with a single monitor there are no issues at all Any help is hugely appreciated thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hey I am completely new Card Graphics Desktop Resizing Keeps to these forums and completely new to windows vista I am running my computer by using a quot LCD TV as a computer screen and have been having some display problems with my graphics card displaying my desktop on it When I first ran my computer I noticed that the desktop didn't completely fit the dimensions of the TV leaving about an in of black space around the perimeter of the TV I soon fixed this problem by going to NVIDIA Control Panel - gt Resize HDTV Desktop and selecting quot do not resize my desktop quot This Graphics Card Keeps Resizing Desktop at first seemed solved the problem However I soon realized that every time I turned off the computer the screen would resize Now how do I set it so my computer automatically does not resize my desktop Graphics Card Keeps Resizing Desktop on boot it is a real pain having to open and change that menu setting every time I start my computer

A:Graphics Card Keeps Resizing Desktop

what type of graphics card are you using and secondly what type of tv are you using and how are you connecting them. ie d-sub, DVI, HDMI?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/244938-graphics-card-keeps-resizing-desktop.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Does the HP Pavilion 550-A14Ld Desktop have a replaceable graphics card? I keep on hearing it has an integrated graphics card, but the item I am shopping for is this model, and it has 4GB of dedicated graphics memory with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics and an AMD A8-6410 processor, 8GB Memory, and a 1TB HDD with Windows 8.1. So, is this model with the specifications I listed able to have its graphics card replaced?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Does-this-desktop-have-a-replaceable-graphics-card/td-p/5660511
Relevancy 58.05%

I recently received a new Gateway SX2380 SFF (small form factor) desktop unit. I use two monitors VGA for the extended desktop and I have contacted Gateway and others, including graphic card vendors and manufacturers to find out if there is a small form factor video card that has two VGA ports. Gateway could not or would not help and I have gotten nothing of use from other sources.

Please help and thank you.

A:Graphics Card with 2 vga ports for sff desktop

What type of card?

Have you checked newegg or the site of your choice?

Having said that, you likely won't find anything, not new anyway. All new cards have had at least one DVI or HDMI port for ages now. Check out your local PC shops for used hardware (or ebay).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-with-2-vga-ports-for-sff-desktop.1109934/
Relevancy 58.05%

The display coming from my HP ENVY Desktop 750-114 is terrible. Colors are flat and washed out looking. I'm using an HP V242h monitor. I hooked the monitor up to a different computer and it does fine, colors look bright and not washed out, so my conclusion is it must be the graphics card in the HP ENVY.  My question: we feel fairly confident we can change out the card, if we know which one is best to get. We have a 9 year old who is into gaming (though being so young, he's not a big time gamer -- YET). What card can we get that will make his gaming experience better, and my our pictures, etc. better? Thanks in advance! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Best-graphics-card-for-HP-ENVY-Desktop-750-114/td-p/5804915
Relevancy 58.05%

So I am deciding to upgrade my video card to a GTX 960 from a GTX 645. My question is if I can upgrade in the first place (I am not the most ideal for these kind of situations). The exact specs of my computer is listed here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04337197 . The exact information of my video card is shown here: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-960/specifications .  Please help I am dying for a response

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-Upgrade-this-Desktop-s-Graphics-Card-to-a-GTX-960/td-p/5610505
Relevancy 58.05%

I bought this pc back in april and the past week the graphics when I play my online game all the color is gray for a few seconds.  I contacted Lenevo and they say that it probably cant handle the graphics of the game? 

A:H50-55 Desktop graphics card amd radeon r7

What game is this? The R7 in your laptop probally isn't super strong.It could also be a hardware/software issue. Check the AMD offical page for drivers for your card at http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/H50-55-Desktop-graphics-card-amd-radeon-r7/td-p/3429411
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi all,for better graphical performance, i wanted to install a PCIe graphic card  (Zotac geoforce GT610) to my ThinkCentre M90p Destktop. I tried to install drivers but failed, message was "No compatible hardware found".I supect, the graphic card is not compatible to my system. On Lenovo's homepage there is an Option Compatility Matrix  https://support.lenovo.com/at/de/documents/um006391but I failed in opening the related .xlsx file ("too many different cell formats"). Is there any whitelist of compatible graphic cards in .xls format or .pdf ?? Any other ideas?? Plese help!My OS is Win7 Pro x64 

A:Graphics Card for M90P Desktop

Generally it will fail POST if the card is not compatible.   Are you certain it is installed all the way into the slot?  Perhaps reseat it.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Graphics-Card-for-M90P-Desktop/td-p/3449602
Relevancy 58.05%

ok so a few weeks ago i had or bsods can't remember exactly but basically in after install install card cpu and before and new new BSOD's graphics another thread i was told if BSOD's before and after new graphics card install and new cpu install it doesnt happen often BSOD's before and after new graphics card install and new cpu install dont worry about it if it happens once ignore BSOD's before and after new graphics card install and new cpu install it after that i installed a new cpu amd FX- i think i only had one bsod after that new cpu and that was with my old graphics card right before i went to install the new graphics card i installed the new card booted up installed the latest driver from amd's website rebooted that's when the first BSOD happened on the new card after that the card and computer have run fine for the past days up until just now i just had bsod's back to back but now the computer seems to be running fine can someone help me figure out what it is im willing to re-install the old graphics card if i have to but i'd rather not install the old cpu as well i need to figure this out soon so i can find out if i have to RMA this card with newegg or not thanks

A:BSOD's before and after new graphics card install and new cpu install

Did you uninstall the old graphics card drivers, before installing the new ones ? Personally with a GPU and CPU change and a few bsod's I would opt for a fresh installation of Win but that's my personal opinion

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292614-bsods-before-after-new-graphics-card-install-new-cpu-install.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I got this alienware corp desktop pc today when i turn her on everything kicks in fine but i get no video and no beeps at all . when i open her up i see it haves a Geforce 8500gt ddr2 512mg pcie now the fan on the Graphics Card is working so im a lil confused here i figure tha if it was the Graphics Card the one with the problem the fan would not be working ? But i never dealt with something like this before so thats why i come here for some help .

Thanks for any help in advanced

A:Not getting no video on my desktop but my graphics card fan still running?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-getting-no-video-on-my-desktop-but-my-graphics-card-fan-still-running.1015711/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello there I have an issue with my desktop PC and its graphics card I noticed my games and D modelling programs were suddenly performing a lot more sluggishly than usual I checked in the device manager and graphics Desktop up card picking wrong found my normal card which is a quot Nvidia Ge Force GT Desktop picking up wrong graphics card quot but there is another also displaying in the menu alongside it The second is called quot Microsoft basic display adapter quot which I have never seen displayed in there before I tried to access the Nvidia control panel on my system to check the settings but it states the error message quot you are not currently using a display attached to an Nvidia GPU quot I have tried removing the Nvidia graphics card drivers in order to reinstall them but my PC instantly blue screens and crashes if I attempt this I Desktop picking up wrong graphics card am able to uninstall the Microsoft display adapter but it returns as soon as I reboot the PC Totally stuck so any help would be appreciated thank you

A:Desktop picking up wrong graphics card

Hello

Sounds like the issue that is in Win 7.. One solution with that was,if memory serves me..was to stop windows updates and re-install the drivers for your 740 vid card. It seems that windows overrides Nvidia's drivers..

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129243-desktop-picking-up-wrong-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi, I bought a graphics card a while ago to install in my PC, however it was many times larger than my old one and it took up a lot more space in the case (not that there was much space to begin with anyways). Because of this, my computer kept warming up way more than it used to, and by the time I had noticed this, it was too late for me to return it. So now I'm stuck with a graphics card sitting in my closet and I would like to put it to use. I was wondering if there was any way that I could connect it externally or if I would have to buy a whole new computer case and build a computer from scratch in order to use it. I appreciate you taking time out of your day to read this, and I  patiently await a response.

A:Is it possible to connect a graphics card to my desktop exte...

Greetings, No. The graphics card is designed to connect to a PCIe x16 slot on the motherboard. Yes, you would have to purchase a new PC in which the card will fit or build a PC using a larger mid tower or full tower case.. Cheers!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Is-it-possible-to-connect-a-graphics-card-to-my-desktop/td-p/5614256
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys long time reader first time poster I have the ATI radeon HD pro Display adapter and its worked fine for a couple of years now But lately I started using the extended desktop feature my main crashing - Extended card Desktop Graphics moniter is hooked up with the standard blue cable and the new moniter is hooked up with a DVI Graphics card crashing - Extended Desktop cable you see the new moniter is actually a large LCD that doubles as a moniter I like using it for watching videos because it is bigger and better looking I use windows media player for this and watch AVI s But every so often both screens will go black and the last half second or so of audio will loop when my computer does this it stops responding to ANYTHING and I have to cut the power And to clear up a couple of common problems no I do not mess with display settings while using the extended desktop or watching the videos and yes I have a full suite of antivirus spyware software BTW these videos needed the FFD show Audio amp Video decoders to run so I installed them This could be any number of problems including a problem with WMP but the reason I think its a graphics card issue is because ive never had any problems until I extended my desktop I googled as many things as I can think of but all the results are cluttered with people whining quot How do I extend a desktop quot so you guys are my last hope before I have to gasp contact ATI and we all know that will get me nowhere Thanks for your time Additional Information Type Model Driver Graphics card ATI Radeon HD Operating System Vista Home Basic bit N A Processor Intel Core Duo CPU E Audio Controller Realtek High Definition Audio P S Even if you cant give me a solution do you know whats happening Is this my video card crashing because knowing what is going wrong would bring me that much closer to fixing it P P S I can t imagine that this would make a difference but I am watching the videos from an external plug-and-play hard drive nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-crashing-extended-desktop.809209/
Relevancy 57.62%

I wish to upgrade my current graphics card (GeForce 310 512MB).
System:-
Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300 @ 2.5 Ghz
6 GB DDR3 RAM (soon to be 8 GB)
EVGA 430w 80plus PSU
Can anyone give me suggestions relative to what the system can support. Thnx.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19986856
Relevancy 57.62%

I havne't upgraded my PC in any way before, but I do a fair bit of gaming on it and I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade the standard Intel HD Intergrated graphics it comes with to something better. The specs are in this link, could you please let me know which graphics cards would be compatible with it (if any) and what else I would be required to get to enable it to work, e.g. maybe an upgraded power supply. Thanks!

A:Can my HP 110-050ea Desktop PC support a graphics card?

Hi, As you can see, it does not have any slot for you to install a video card. It only uses Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Integrated graphics which is soldered to the motherboard as on the motherboard specs:        http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c03728581   Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-my-HP-110-050ea-Desktop-PC-support-a-graphics-card/td-p/5682725
Relevancy 57.62%

Shopping for a new card quot These days there are so many graphics card models that it has become quite impossible to keep up with the different configurations Therefore we decided to compile this guide to provide an easy reference for those who are interested in comparing the specifications of the various desktop GPUs in the market as well as those already obsolescent or obsolete Currently covering desktop graphics cards this comprehensive comparison will allow you to easily compare different specifications for each and every card We hope it will Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide prove to be a useful reference We will keep this guide updated regularly so do check back for the latest updates To make it easy to compare the specifications we split it up into three sections for your convenience Just click on Split List to access them However if you prefer to compare all the graphics cards for each company in a single table we also have a single list which can be accessed by clicking on Full List Just click on the company and the type of list you prefer Tech ARP - Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide Rev

A:Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide

Thanks for the link Norm.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/196574-desktop-graphics-card-comparison-guide.html
Relevancy 57.62%

so today I took out my old GTX 520 and replaced it with my ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, Everything works great, BUT when i try and right click on my desktop, it loads for about a minute then fails to do anything. If anyone could help me fix this that would be great, everything else works great but that.

A:CPU Freeze right clicking on desktop, new graphics card

Did you uninstall the GTX 520 video driver when you took it out ? If not then the right click Shell Extension for it might be the cause.

Also, look at this post:
Right Click Menu Lag on my pc

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/45303-cpu-freeze-right-clicking-desktop-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have another nooby question today I have a new graphics card that I wish to install an XFX HD I currently have an onboard integrated graphics chip to new a graphics this right way install card? the Is from an ATi Xpress which is awful and thats why I m replacing it with a better card I have Windows XP Home SP Here Is this the right way to install a new graphics card? s my plan Uninstall all of the Is this the right way to install a new graphics card? software for my current card including the drivers What will happen when the drivers are gone will the screen go blank Or will it start looking all basic-y with a Windows Classic style interface at a low resolution Turn the Is this the right way to install a new graphics card? PC off and place the new card in the PCIe slot connect the card to the -pin power connector Boot the computer up normally but with the monitor connected to the new card if I get no picture then I ll go into the BIOS and disable the old card If I do get a picture I ll assume the BIOS has done it automatically And fainlly install the drivers and software for the new card Is that a suitable plan of action Or is there a better way to do it Should I do any of this in safe-mode Its the first time I have installed a graphics card and I want to make sure I m doing it right And I want to make sure that I have a failsafe for if this new card doesn t work so I have a copy of the drivers for the old onboard card on a memory stick Thanks nbsp

A:Is this the right way to install a new graphics card?

Actually, you can probably simplify the process to installing the card (including power connections) connecting the monitor to the new card, booting up, and then loading the drivers. Most BIOS will automatically disable the onboard video if you have a card installed, though there are some oddball BIOS that make you set an option or two to get it all working. But that's fairly unusual. In any event, the required BIOS settings should be covered in your system's documentation.

You don't need to and don't want to uninstall the drivers for the onboard video; it's going to be disabled, so the drivers won't load anyway, and if you have some problem with the new video card, you can run off the onboard video without reinstalling drivers until you get the issue resolved.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-the-right-way-to-install-a-new-graphics-card.958873/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a AMD Athlon 64 2800+, 704MB RAM,1.80 GHz. The on board graphics is a S3 UniChrome 8x AGP Shared 3D Video,all on an ABIT KV80 800 Mhz Mainboard with SATA.I purchased a new graphics card (ATI Radeon 9550) and I need to know how to install it. Iam having problems disabling the on board graphics and i am also not sure if i have all of the right drivers.I installed the AGP driver from the disk that came with the motherboard and i also installed the drivers off the ATI RADEON disk.I uninstalled the S3 drivers and put the new card in,rebooted and my monitor just shows the test screen.please help..really want to play Quake 4!..thanx

A:How to Install Graphics card

Is it the post test you are talking about or a test for your game?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-install-graphics-card.428313/
Relevancy 56.76%

So i have a HP...pentium 4 ...with XP home edition....i have a ATI 9200se 128mb graphics card i want to install, everytime i put it in, i turn on the computer, the computer attempts to start...then restarts..and takes me to a screen that says "start windows in safe mode, normal mode etccc"...well if i put normal mode..it wont start...i tried going into the BIOS, and i changed it to read the graphics card thats on the PCI slot, and not on the mother board, but that dosent work either...anyone have any tips?...thanks

A:Install of ATI graphics card... :( ..

Start up your pc with the old graphics card.
uninstall the graphics card drivers.
go to the display settings & make sure they are on 540 x 480 and 16 colours.
turn off pc
install new card
boot up pc
load new drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-of-ati-graphics-card.416737/
Relevancy 56.76%

I just got a graphics card Radeon 9600Xt. I put it in and had already installed the drivers first. When I start up the screen is filled with lines and artifact. What am I doing wrong?

Relevancy 56.76%

I got a Geforce fx 5700 le graphics card and am trying to install it on my computer, it is a 1.3 gig amd processpor and the mother board is a socket A 610LR i got windows xp running and i uninstalled the sis graphics adapter that came from the onboard then put the video card in, when i restart with the monitor in the card the screen is really fuzzy, i tried to install the graphics from the cd and that doesnt work when i try to install the driver from the cd it the screen freezes at the very end goes to some wierd black and colored screen and i am forced to shut down. I tried downloading the new drivers and when i try using them it says there are not for the right graphics card. please help

A:trying to install graphics card

Need your motherboard specs...

You need to provide your motherboard manufacture and model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-graphics-card.25382/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I've just bought a PNY Geforce Mb DDR AGP X graphics card and have been trying for five hours to get it installed on my system graphics Can't new a card. install My motherboard is a Gigabyte GA- DXE which is quite old and supports AGP X but I've heard it can support AGP X I reach the 'Starting Windows' screen before it stops and Can't install a new graphics card. does nothing There is no trouble in me using a standard VGA adapter installed in the AGP slot I tried uninstalling the driver for it and restarting the computer with the new card in but the startup process only goes Can't install a new graphics card. so far before stopping at the 'Starting Windows' screen Every now and again the HDD light on the front of my case will flicker and I will hear the HDD spinning and having a think about loading or something but then it ceases I've been online and downloaded the latest drivers for this graphics card but Windows won't let me install them because I need to have the card plugged into the motherboard in order for it to let the installation proceed On the installer I get the message quot The nvidia setup program could not locate and drivers that are compatible with your current hardware quot Of course I am viewing this message using the standard vga adapter because I can't use the new graphics card because it won't get past the 'Starting Windows' stage When I go into safe mode the loading process goes up to amdagp sys which I think is the last bit before it should take me to the 'Welcome' screen I've downloaded the latest chipset for my mobo from Gigabyte's website although the release date was back in Breaking news Windows Update has just offered me an update for Geforce However the installation failed Here's a link to the screenshot http www file cfa ate failed html I think it's still to do with not having the card plugged into the mobo I wonder if I put in the new graphics card and set Windows Update to run in ten minutes time would it apply the update because the card would be present Thoughts Thanks nivekinski

A:Can't install a new graphics card.

Hello, Welcome!

The dilemma is that Windows cannot boot when the card is attached, but AGP is not hot-pluggable.

Do you happen to have 2 video cards?

This problem is beyond me, but you never know.

~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/50466-cant-install-new-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased a Nvida 6600GT graphics card. I've uninstalled the old drivers and slotted my new card into place, and installed new drivers. However I get the following message when I turn my pc on:

it came with some cables but I havent plugged them in as there werent any attached to the previous ones. With the pics can someone tell me where I need to plug stuff in!?

I also have some ram I need to install. Is that just a case of plugging it into the slots?

thanks in advance for any help

Relevancy 56.76%

hi am looking to upgrade the pc but i know that i can use these 3 graphics card but there must be more than 3 NVIDIA GeForce 705 1GB DDR3 FH GFX 30W (optional)AMD Radeon HD 8350 1GB FH PCIe GFX (Optional and Selected Countries Only)AMD Radeon HD 8470 2GB FH PCIe GFX (Optional and Selected Countries Only) anymore i can use 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/what-graphics-card-can-i-install/td-p/5559287
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there I have just been given a custom built pc and i'm not sure what everything is inside but from what i can see Motherboard is install Win 7 card? could Can't graphics be it a Gigabyte MA T - UD Graphics card is a NIVIDA GeForce GTS I can't read anything else for now I don't know what it is but when i was given this pc it was working fine with Win then something happened and suddenly i had lines and stripes in the background Seeing as it was a new formatted pc i tried to reinstall win from the disk but the disk has a problem and won't Can't install Win 7 could it be graphics card? install Friends have advised me to go with Windows as they have done so i bought both Windows Prof including service pack bit and bit Steps taken Disk in pc start pc press any key Accept terms click ok Enter language details click ok Can't install Win 7 could it be graphics card? Click install Runs through set up expands files and reboots all the way to the last part ' completing installation ' and then i get a black screen and nothing more even when i left it for over hours to see if it just needed time I understand it could be a ram issue so i now have only one board in at gig but i get the same results so i tried to take out the graphics card but my monitor connects using the graphics card port so i can't do it Is there someone who can guide me through this nightmare i just want a machine that works Thanks for your time Sue x

A:Can't install Win 7 could it be graphics card?

Yes it could be the video card. The lines that were showing in Win8 could of been an indication of such. Do you have another card you can try?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/334014-cant-install-win-7-could-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a x16 Card Cannot Install PCI-E Graphics year old computer I want to put a graphics card in I bought a Galaxy Geforce graphics card and I tried to install it but with no success I first uninstalled the previous video drivers then disabled the onboard graphics chip I restarted my computer and went into BIOS and set Cannot Install PCI-E x16 Graphics Card the quot Init Display First quot or some thing like that to detect PCI-E first I turned off my computer and installed the new graphics card I made sure it was seated properly and the video cables connected to the new graphics card When I turned Cannot Install PCI-E x16 Graphics Card on my PC it displayed NOTHING and it took a bit longer to boot into the page with BIOS and BOOT selection What I mean is that when I turn on the PC the fans would spin fast for about seconds before booting anything When I plugged the cable into my integrated graphics it would display I m not sure what s wrong because the power does go to the graphics card since the fans on it spins Can you guys help with my problem Gateway GT NVIDIA Geforce nForce mobo AMD x Anthlon G RAM Windows XP nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello.
I just increased my RAM upto 5GB. It was 3GB before.
I have a 64bit Windows 7 OS. I wish to install a graphics card. How much capacity should i buy?
Thanks.
Ps: To clarify, I want to use my PC for gaming. So should I buy a 1 GB card or more than that?

A:How much GB graphics card to install?

2GB would be better for a single monitor at 1080p or below. You may be held back by your CPU though, what card are you thinking of getting?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/334083-how-much-gb-graphics-card-install.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi im trying to install a radeon SE At first i wanted to do multiple monitors I thought i would use the onboard video card i have now and the new video card that i bought Support told me that the Radeon wont install card Trying graphics to a work with the onboard video card and that i had to disable it The only problem is i cant disable the video card There is no jumper setting there is no thing in the BIOS that says i can disable it All there is is a setting saying primary video adapter setting and the choices are integrated and PCI I tired switching it to PCI but if i have the Radeon hooked up to my computer the creen just stays blank and the only way to get back to being able to see the BIOS is if i take the Radeon Video card out I dont know what else to do and i really want to use the video card I relize that if i get the Video card to work then i can use the DVI plug Trying to install a graphics card thats on the video card and get a converter thing so i can have multiple Trying to install a graphics card monitors but my main concern is just getting it to work I have an Emachines w motherboard D GVSR thank you anyone that can help me nbsp

A:Trying to install a graphics card

This pretty simple actually .. IF you are Using Xp

Press windows key and pause break same time this brings up System Properties then go to device manger.Go to Display adapters find your onboard one go right click properties down on the bottom you will see device usage slect disable.Turn off your computer install your new card hook monitor to new card let windows find your new card then install your drivers..

let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trying-to-install-a-graphics-card.24173/
Relevancy 56.76%

Extracting wxp-w k-catalyst- Card When Graphics What Says My Is It This Install I - - a- C txt Extracting BIN atiicdxx ini Extracting Driver KXP INF atiiseag ini Extracting Driver C INI Extracting Driver CX INI Extracting install ini Extracting This Is What It Says When I Install My Graphics Card WDM All install This Is What It Says When I Install My Graphics Card ini Extracting CPanel INSTALL INI Extracting Driver INSTALL INI Extracting Setup ini Extracting CPanel Setup ini Extracting Driver Setup ini Extracting WDM All Setup ini Extracting WDM All WDM NSP WDM NSP ini Extracting WDM All WDM SP WDM SP ini Extracting Driver KXP INF C inf Extracting Driver KXP INF CX inf Extracting AtiCimUn exe Extracting BIN atiicdxx exe Extracting CheckVer exe Extracting DrvUI A exe Extracting BIN EnumDev exe Extracting issetup exe Extracting makensisw exe Extracting Setup exe Cannot create Setup exe The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process Extracting WDM All Setup exe Extracting CPanel Setup exe Extracting Driver Setup exe Extracting BIN UpdatPnP exe Extracting BIN aticds dll Extracting BIN AtiCIM dll Extracting BIN atiicdxx dll Extracting Driver KXP INF B atiiiexx dll Extracting CPanel CPANEL dll Extracting Driver Driver DLL Extracting psapi dll Extracting WDM All WDM All dll Extracting BIN aticd a sys Extracting BIN atiicdxx sys Extracting AtiCim bin Extracting Driver layout bin Extracting CPanel layout bin Extracting layout bin Extracting WDM All layout bin Extracting Driver setup bmp Extracting BIN OEMInstall bmp Extracting Driver KXP INF Extracting Driver KXP INF B Extracting BIN Extracting CPanel Extracting Driver Extracting WDM All Extracting WDM All WDM NSP Extracting WDM All WDM SP Extracting data cab Extracting CPanel data cab Extracting Driver data cab Extracting WDM All data cab Extracting data cab Extracting Driver data cab Extracting WDM All data cab Extracting CPanel data cab Extracting WDM All WDM NSP wdmnsp cab Extracting WDM All WDM SP wdmsp cab Extracting Driver KXP INF CX cat Extracting BIN atiicdxx dat Extracting Driver KXP INF B atiicdxx dat Extracting CPanel CPanel dat Extracting Driver Driver dat Extracting WDM All WDM All dat Extracting BIN atricd a dft Extracting BIN atricdxx dft Extracting Driver KXP INF B ati cqag dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B ati dvag dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B ati edxx dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B ati erec dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B ati evxx dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B ati duag dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B atiddc dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B atidemgr dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B atikvmag dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B atioglxx dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B atipdlxx dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B atitvo dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B ativcoxx dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B ativvaxx dl Extracting Driver KXP INF B oemdspif dl Extracting BIN atricd a enu Extracting BIN atricdxx enu Extracting Driver KXP INF B ati evxx ex Extracting Driver KXP INF B ati mdxx ex Extracting CPanel ikernel ex Extracting Driver ikernel ex Extracting ikernel ex Extracting WDM All ikernel ex Extracting data hdr Extracting Driver data hdr Extracting WDM All data hdr Extracting CPanel data hdr Extracting CPanel setup inx Extracting setup inx Extracting Driver setup inx Extracting WDM All setup inx Extracting Driver setup iss Extracting CPanel setup iss Extracting CPanel shortcut iss Extracting BIN atiicdxx msi Extracting CPanel K REG Extracting CPanel XP REG Extracting CPanel CP K REG Extracting CPanel CP XP REG Extracting CPanel FGL REG Extracting Driver KXP INF B ati mtag sy Extracting BIN atiicdxx vxd Notice the orange i cant install my video card how do i fix that ive tried downloading the driver from the disc and from ati and it says the same thing a window pops up and says that above how do i fix that PLEASE HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE nbsp

Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there,

I am trying to install:
* Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 Atlantis graphics card

If I just put the card in and change the monitor plug to the graphics card directly and then re-boot, the monitor just starts up completely scrambled.

I've gotten rid of current display drivers (windows runs with massive fonts and patchy graphics - i.e the default windows drivers). Still scrambled.

I've tried changing the bios to use AGP as the Primary Graphics Adapter. Still scrambled.

Does anyone know what I should do ?
I haven't seen anywhere that the card might be incompatible with my motherboard - Asrock K7S41. Might it be ?

Or should I presume there is a fault with the graphics card itself ?

Any help much appreciated.

Regards,
Craig.

Relevancy 56.76%

Hello my name is Joe and first off I am hopeless around card to gaming hoping Old desktop upgrade graphics computers Anyway I was given an old gaming desktop if you can call old and I was hoping to upgrade the graphics card but I have no idea on what is even compatible with my system Here are my computer specs Operating System Windows Home -bit CPU Intel Core i K GHz deg C Ivy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR - - - Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H -DS H Intel Core i - K CPU GHz deg C Graphics Generic Non-PnP Monitor email protected MB ATI AMD Radeon HD Series Sapphire PCPartner deg C MB ATI AMD Old gaming desktop hoping to upgrade graphics card Radeon HD Series Sapphire PCPartner deg C CrossFire Disabled Storage GB Western Digital WDC WD EZRX- D PB ATA Device SATA deg C Optical Drives HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH NS ATA Device Audio AMD High Definition Audio Device I'm just looking for a card around the - dollar range any suggestions will be greatly appreciated and I am sorry if this is a silly question but I really do not know where to even start with computers

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/old-gaming-desktop-hoping-upgrade-graphics-card-4601995/
Relevancy 56.76%

This is the graphics card I want to get will it work.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IDG3PRI/ref=twister_B00Q5W5BUQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-this-graphics-card-work-with-HP-Pavilion-p6110y-Desktop/td-p/5733632
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello there nbsp I've already put a post up with Microsoft and with NVIDIDA so I am now going to try my luck with guys I'll try to explain nbsp what Desktop Z400 BSOD after Graphics 10 Win Card NVIDIA - has happened so far nbsp I have an HP Z Desktop PC equipped with a NVDIDA Quadro FX GPU Recently I did a clean install of Z400 Desktop - NVIDIA Graphics Card BSOD after Win 10 Windows before the free upgrade Z400 Desktop - NVIDIA Graphics Card BSOD after Win 10 offer was over It has been working great except for when I play The Sims I used to play the Sims on Windows with the same set up and never had an issues or bluescreens nbsp I have tried to update the driver with the latest release I have also rolled back After - minutes of running the Sims it crashes with a VIDEO TDR FAILURE nvlddmkm sys and nbsp sometimes KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED nbsp nvlddmkm sys The game runs excellent until the blue screen No stalls weird colours etc nbsp I had no issue running it with Windows My PC works great until I open the game All other applications run smoothly web word processing Microsoft forums suggested updating the BIOS chipset and any other major drivers I would like to have someone's opinion from here before I proceed nbsp Thanks for any insight you can provide

A:Z400 Desktop - NVIDIA Graphics Card BSOD after Win 10

@Samantha24?, welcome to the forum. I have had symptoms very similar to those you are experiencing when gaming.  The solution to my problems was installing all of the patches that I found for the games.  Also, games place a lot of stress on the video card. The fact that you were able to play the games without any problems with Win 7 and are having problems with Win 10 is not surprising.  Win 10 is a complete different operating system.  It is not even close to Win 7.  Remember, Win 8 and 8.1 have been released since Win 7.  You should run HP and Windows Updates to assure the software and drivers are up to date.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z400-Desktop-NVIDIA-Graphics-Card-BSOD-after-Win-10/td-p/5716562
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi Just built a machine from a whole load of components I bought some time ago and never got around to building til now Built to play some games but not real cutting edge ones It ran for the first few days OK on internet etc running Firefox no hassles watching TV programs online etc Something awfully Graphics [SOLVED] Keyboard, card is Desktop, - wrong no issues Yesterday after I was happy it was stable I installed the first game Assassin's Creed Director's Cut onto the second HDD The first HDD has only the OS and Firefox on it At first it ran OK then the assassin started spinning on the spot after about or mins running After that the PC switched off After re-starting and entering the game again after a few minutes it shut down again and did this a few times I went looking for the most up [SOLVED] Desktop, Keyboard, Graphics card - Something is awfully wrong to date graphics card driver I could find for the card I had installed see below the manufacturer's site was a little confusing but [SOLVED] Desktop, Keyboard, Graphics card - Something is awfully wrong I think I installed the most recent driver I could find Then today after starting and playing the game for a few minutes the character started spinning again and the machine switched off again I went looking to an alternative source for a driver and trid to download one and got this message error a file that is required cannot be installed because the cabinet file c windows install MS tmp has an invalid digital signature This may indicate that the cabinet file is corrupt error was returned by winverifytrust So trying to google this message is when things really went wrong the PC does not accept commands normally from the keyboard would not and still does not display the letters as they should however as you can see whne the keyboard is used with another PC it works fine in every way Most keys are acting like Alt or Ctrl are being pressed using the mouse on the desktop starts the wrong application or highlights multiple icons for editing or another use etc etc the whole thing is completely screwy and I have been trying to solve this since pm this evening it is now am and I need to go and lie down If anyone has any ideas I would really like to hear them I am baffled other than it seemed to be graphics related when it started This machine is currently connected to the problem 'new' machine via KVM and this one is working completely fine When the k bd and mouse are connected directly the the problem machine no KVM it makes no difference exact same problem whilst all the time this machine runs perfectly with the same kbd and mouse Any help or advice gratefully received wrist slitting will be given due consideration OS is Windows Home - once installed it was fully updated from Windows Update first time install from this disc Gb RAM x Samsung Gb one for OS one for programs Processor AMD Athlon Dual Core x Gb MB Gigabyte S series for AMD Socket AM Graphics Card Sapphire HD m GDDR PCI-E Dual DVI TVO All components brand new fresh out of boxes

A:[SOLVED] Desktop, Keyboard, Graphics card - Something is awfully wrong

I'm sure everyone responding will have a different opinion on where to start. Since you tried to cover the graphics issue, how about testing the 2nd HD for errors? I know it's new, but???

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-desktop-keyboard-graphics-card-something-is-awfully-wrong-616639.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Can I upgrade Nvidia graphics card to latest cards or supported one from Nvidia.

The reason to change the graphics card is, it is over heating and crossing the 100 degree celsius which reports in black screen and suddenly crashes.

So anyone can tell me which is the suitable graphics card that will support HP Pavilion P6270IN Desktop .
What will be the upgrade process with new graphics card?

Please suggest.

Below is the Product information:
Link : HP Pavilion P6270IN Desktops
Prod: AU930AA#ACJ

Hardware Information:
Motherboard: IPIEL-LA3 (Eureka3)
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT220
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500

A:How to upgrade Graphics card of HP Pavilion p6270in Desktop PC

You have a PCI-e slot on your motherboard so theoretically you can fit any of the latest cards. It's not that simple though, for starters you only have a 300W PSU which will limit you to the most basic cards and is probably why a GT220 is fitted. You'd need at least a 450W PSU to run a decent card.
You only have a dual core CPU too which will bottleneck any of the latest nVidia cards.
Lastly is case size, some of today's cards are absolutely massive and the chances are most would be too big for your case.

One thing to try to get your GPU temperatures down is to remove the side panel from the case (with the power switched off and every external cable unplugged) and give the machine a good clean out with a soft brush and a can of compressed air. Dust build up can easily block the heatsink on the GPU (as well as other components) which will stop it from cooling properly.
Are you using this machine for gaming by any chance?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/331850-how-upgrade-graphics-card-hp-pavilion-p6270in-desktop-pc.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an Acer Aspire XC603G Desktop running Windows 10 Home 64-bit. I went to the Intel website and downloaded the utility that detects which drivers I need. The utility detects a different driver than my system detects. Should I get the driver that my system detects, that Intel wants me to use, or that my computer manufacturer wants me to use?

A:Which Intel Graphics Driver should I install on my Desktop PC?

Unless there is an issue with the drivers that Windows 10 loads, there is no need to go to Acer's or Intel's website and search for different drivers.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38336-intel-graphics-driver-should-i-install-my-desktop-pc.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Please Help When I am in extended desktop mode BenQ monitors Monitors BSOD graphics maybe? card mode on 2 - Extended Desktop in x BSOD in Extended Desktop mode on 2 Monitors - graphics card maybe? DVI and x HDMI I will get the BSOD each and every time after approx mins of computer use Duplicate display BSOD in Extended Desktop mode on 2 Monitors - graphics card maybe? is fine as is solo display on each of the monitors Graphics Card is HD Asus GB AMD and Asus have both recommended uninstall driver utility from website followed by reinstall of drivers - all been done and no help Last course of action they have recommended is to send in the card so they can investigate card - all up approx - week wait time last resort I want due to tight work schedule Card is fine I have tested on another computer I have also done a complete reinstall of windows Still no help Has anyone else had this problem with this graphics card OR does anyone have any potential solutions I WAS excited about this new computer until I added my second screen which I need for work Any input would be very much appreciated Thanks very much New computer build Specs as follows ASUS Sabretooth X Motherboard chipset Intel core i CPU ASUS Radeon HD - GB Graphics Card Kingston memory x GB Ram Intel GB SSD plus WD TB HDD Error message if it helps in any way Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA F A BCP FFFFF D E BCP BCP D OS Version Service Pack Product

A:BSOD in Extended Desktop mode on 2 Monitors - graphics card maybe?

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299208-bsod-extended-desktop-mode-2-monitors-graphics-card-maybe.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi , i have carried out several tests on my graphics card , and everytime it comes up with stress test warning. i have checked all the drivers are up to date etc but still same result.Is  this anything to worry about ?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Erazer-X310-Desktop-Lenovo-graphics-card-stress-test-warnig/td-p/3312649
Relevancy 56.33%

As the title says I have a Y900-34ISZ Desktop and the grapihics card tinds to make a VERY loud buzzing sound when playing games. At first it wasn't a big problem but it seems to be getting worse, it to the point that i can't even stand to play anything because the buzzing is so loud. i've already tried contetacting support but all i got out of that was a dent in my case. Anyone have any Ideas on how to fix this. I've already checked the fans and cleaned out the case as well as updating all drivers but nothing has worked.

Mod's Edit: Edited Subject line to a more family friendly description of issue.

A:Y900-34ISZ Desktop loud Graphics card buzzing

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Have you checked to see if the card is loose?  If it isn't then a graphics card shouldn't be making this kind of noise which means it needs to be replaced.  I would recommend you contact Lenovo Support for warranty assistance.  I would see if Lenovo can send you a replacement card instead of sending the whole system in.  You can then send back the noisy one to Lenovo.

Lenovo Support - USA1-877-453-668624 hours a day 7 days / week

An alternative is check with your local Best Buy store to see if they are an authorized service center. You could then walk it in for the replacement.

Here is a link to your model's Hardware Maintenance Manual.  It will explain how to replace the graphics card if needed.....

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/desktop_pub/ic_y700-900_hmm_20151006.pdf

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Y900-34ISZ-Desktop-loud-Graphics-card-buzzing/td-p/3380699
Relevancy 56.33%

A few years back I purchased a h8-1114 Can't Graphics Card in Install New prebuilt HP Pavilion when my school laptop was starting to die and I needed a new gaming grade computer ASAP I probably wouldn't have done that if I knew it was going to Can't Install New Graphics Card in h8-1114 give me Can't Install New Graphics Card in h8-1114 so many problems but the most recent of those is making me lose money for the dumbest reasons nbsp Long story short my graphics card Nvidia GT seems to be on the brink of failing loud fan noises drop in performance and I Can't Install New Graphics Card in h8-1114 want to replace it but I'd like to upgrade a bit as well since that's a really low-level card Originally I'd bought a Gigabyte GT since the specs seemed to match up but neither I nor a professional could get it working incompatible BIOS was his best guess So I'm in the process of returning that and I've now gotten an older GT on the tech's recommendation nbsp It's doing the same thing as the It freezes on start-up and just shuts down after a few single beeps I'm really at a loss here both mentally and financially I don't have the funds to to upgrade the rest of the computer but I need this one to last at least a few more months so I can save up for a completely new rig nbsp What am I doing wrong

A:Can't Install New Graphics Card in h8-1114

Hi, Remove the graphics card and plug the monitor into the on board video connector.  Now see if your PC boots up. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-t-Install-New-Graphics-Card-in-h8-1114/td-p/4775105
Relevancy 56.33%

I am trying to install a new install Card issues New Graphics graphics card and power supply Below New Graphics Card install issues is system of original system Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - S CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard PEGATRON CORPORATION AC Antivirus Norton Internet Security Updated and Enabled The new graphics card and power supply is listed below and summary of steps we have tried New Graphics Card install issues Graphics Card Gigabyte GEFORCE GTX New Graphics Card install issues Power Supply Capstone W Modular Version original power supply was W Steps we did to install graphics card - Installed new power supply and graphics card in tower - Started computer saw a black screen Computer did not detect display The GTX DVI port was connected to the monitor - Switched to integrated card by connecting integrated DVI port to the monitor - Started computer booted up normally integrated graphics card detected Only card listed under devices GTX not listed - Loaded the driver CD that came with graphics card Message on screen said correct device not detected - Noticed we did not connect power supply to the new graphics card Corrected this - Reconnected the GTX DVI port to the monitor - Rebooted computer The initial HP blue power up screen appears and stalls at that point - Switched back to the integrated graphics card going to monitor When rebooting computer blank screen A beep error code is given which looks to be a graphics card error code Power supply still connected to the GTX card - Disconnected power supply to to GTX while integrated connected to monitor Started up in safe mode to disable integrated card Then switched back to the GTX and connected power Same issue on start up stuck and blue HP logo screen - Reinstalled original graphics card booted up and worked as normal Left the new power supply installed However the original graphics card is not powered directly by the PSU This is where we are stuck How do we ensure graphics card is compatible with current system The PSU size installed was based on vendor recommendation gt W We have W Could we have skipped swapped steps in installation sequence that messed things up Any advice would be greatly appreciated This where we are stuck nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

I restored my computer to factory settings a few hours ago after a lot of trouble. So I decided to calm myself by playing a game, now more problems. I go to my Device Manager and it shows "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter", with a "!" beside it. I actually have an ATI 4650, or something not really sure. So I said alright, ill go get the graphics card disc and install the driver, since my PC doesnt seem to detect it. Then I realized I dont have the disc, since I took the PC to the shop a year ago and they had to replace my graphics card. They didn't give me a disc with my current one. Where do I go from here?

Thanks!

EDIT: I run Windows Vista 64bit.

Relevancy 56.33%

Just got a new graphics card. It wont appear on device manager atall. Fan on the gpu is running fine.

I thouhg its the pcie slot is dead. But i plugged a really old graphics card into the slot and the fan works on that and that is powered by the pcie slot. So it must be working?

A:New Graphics card wont install.

does the gfx card actually work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/101998-new-graphics-card-wont-install.html
Relevancy 56.33%

i cant install nvidia graphics card on my hp notebook 15-r602tu..can any one help me for this problem......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Commercial-PC-Software/cannot-install-nvidia-graphics-card/td-p/5464118
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everybody i m new here with effecting install pc graphics help Need card so i do apologise up front if this is in the wrong place maybe a mod can move it if it is My problem is as follows recently iv e upgraded a really old Packard Bell Imedia P with Need help with graphics card install effecting pc a new graphics card i replaced the hideous MX with a ATI Radeon HD AGP and a new power supply watts but alas instead of improving graphics video etc it s just slowed down the pc and caused awful video playback and now plays games at an alarmingly hideous framerate and at the lowest graphic settings i m talking EvE online X reunion LOTRO The reason i bought the card was to play games using shader etc and upwards it says it supports shader i also upgraded the ram to Gb and have installed all the latest drivers but i m having no joy here So can anybody help me out or did i just waste money trying to improve the system nbsp

A:Need help with graphics card install effecting pc

Im afraid to say you might be fighting a loosing battle trying to upgrade it enough, that is a pretty old and low spec machine.

I am surprised you can even play LOTRO on that setup to be honest, I also play it on a pretty higher spec system (although that is 4 years old) and I can run the game much above medium graphics and keep it at a good framerate.

What Operating System are you using (WinXP, Vista etc.)? 1 Gb of RAM is also pretty low, even if you are running XP.

To be honest, you could probably pick up a reasonable base unit at very low cost that would give you a total system upgrade.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-graphics-card-install-effecting-pc.932713/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,I just bought a new laptop of model G5070, and its Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400 now.Now i want to install a new Graphics Card from Nvidia or AMD.can i install this one my laptop?

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:install Graphics Card G5070

Pranvacp,    Installing a dedicated GPU in a laptop is not possible since those Models which include a dual GPU have the dedicated GPU soldered to the motherboard, and those are not removable 

Lets make 2015 the year of the #DODid I or someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/install-Graphics-Card-G5070/td-p/1688801
Relevancy 56.33%

I need help installing a XFX Geforce 8500 GT. When i try to install the drivers it says the nvidia drivers are not compatible with the current hardware. What should i do?

A:Graphics card install problem

Hello Phoenixseij,

Welcome to Vista forums!

Did you get the CORRECT driver from here?

NVIDIA Driver Downloads - Advanced Search

Keep us informed.

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/167956-graphics-card-install-problem.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi guys I ve just upgraded graphics card and I get quot No signal quot every time I boot card Graphics install fault the system using the HDMI port on the card The same monitor worked fine with my previous card and I tried a second monitor with Graphics card install fault no success So I know it isn t a fault of the monitor I should also mention that this same card which won t display was also in a pc which I had to return however I think that Graphics card install fault may have been down to hardware in that pc as it wouldn t boot Is it possible that a fault in the other pc has rendered it useless in my new pc And I did remove the drivers for the card before The card giving me the problem is a vtx d radeon The card I replaced with was a Radeon worked fine PC specs Windows bit AMD processor GB RAM TB HDD Not sure about motherboard All help appreciated I m just not sure what to do if I can t see anything Thanks Tom nbsp

A:Graphics card install fault

I would test the card in a known good PC. Then you will know for sure if you have a PC or video card issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-install-fault.1083359/
Relevancy 56.33%

hallo

wanneer ik mijn grafische kaart installeer lukt mij dat wel maar op het einde van mijn installatie moet ik mijn computer opnieuw opstarten.
als mijn computer opnieuw opstart blijft het op een zwart scherm staan.
ik moet mijn computer weer uitschakelen en systeemherstel uitvoeren.
dan kan ik weer op mijn computer.

de specificaties van mijn grafische kaart is Nvidia Geforce 210.

weet jij wat het probleem zou kunnen zijn.

alvast bedankt

English

Hello

When I install my graphics card I did but at the end of my installation do I have to restart my computer.
If my computer restarts it stays on a black screen.
I need my computer back off and run system restore.
then I can display on my computer.

the specifications of my graphics card is Nvidia Geforce 210.

A:I cannot install graphics card vista

Hi

This is an English website so if you want help you will need to post a translation in English

Hallo

Dit is een Engels website, dus als je helpen wilt je moet om te posten een vertaling in het Engels

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/295268-i-cannot-install-graphics-card-vista.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi I have an all in one hp touch smart 520 pc and I have had it for about 2 years now and it doesn't do well with games and I was wondering if I can install a new better graphics card? if so can you recommend me one ?

thanks

A:Can I install a new graphics card on an All in one HP Touchsmart 520 PC?

I did some research and I found this
[
Expansion Slots:
1 PCI Express x16 module socket for MXM graphics card
2 PCI Express x1 mini card sockets
and
One PCI Express x16 Module (MXM) socket
MXM version: Type B
Power source = 19V
UMA or MXM Graphic card not exceeding 35W TDP
That is direct from HP. I asked today, because of your answers, HP support and I got the answer, that a Type II video card shut work as a upgrade on the inglewood motherboard. And don't worry. Bestbuy in Canada will upgrade the card in the store. But thank you anyway!

]
[
Yes, the MOTHERBOARD has those slots, no it is not upgradable after purchase, but good luck with that ]

apperantly the hp touchsmart 520 was never meant for gaming of high caliber and it cannot be upgraded :S

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/TouchS...s-card-in-hp-touchsmart-520-1010/td-p/1128935

credits to that site.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-install-a-new-graphics-card-on-an-all-in-one-hp-touchsmart-520-pc.194772/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey there helpful tech people

I very recently bought a new pc. Its a packard bell. description in the specs bit. Since i bought it ive had trouble whenever graphics suddenly change or theres a lot running, and my music will stutter. This greatly frustrates me

Anyway ive found out that the pc has an integrated graphics part in its motherboard. The motherboard is an AMD Phenom 8550 with a Triple Core Processor (2.2Ghz) and it has an ATI Radeon 2100 integrated graphics...thing

I would be wanting to install a Xfx GeForce 6200A graphics card (which has 256mb onboard memory (i think).

I know the motherboard has ports for this graphics card, its just whether its possible (or advised) for me to do it.

Thanks in advance
SuperStrongBad

A:Solved: Can I install graphics card to this pc?

As long as you by a card that matches the type of expansion slot your PC has then you will be fine. i.e. PCI to PCI, PCI-E to PCI-E. The 6200 series cards don't use a lot of power but make sure you have at least a 250 watt power supply. Also don't forget to disable your on-board graphics so your system will get back that shared RAM it's stealing from the system memory.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-can-i-install-graphics-card-to-this-pc.818701/
Relevancy 56.33%

Product Model: HP S5-1240dProcessor: i5-3450OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64BitGraphics: Radeon HD 7450 yesterday I decided to change my graphics to a new one Asus GeForece GT 710, i was disappointed, it can not run the system, even bios cannot start. only the HP Logo come out on my screen, nothing follows. i repeatedly so many times but it didn't work. we try the Graphics card to another and it run so well. kindly help me, i lost $54 if i cannot use the new graphics cards.  why on earth this HP desktop cannot change any brand of Graphics card. I was upset.  Thanks!

A:Why i cant install new brand of Graphics Card?

check if your processor is compatible and that you have enough ram

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Why-i-cant-install-new-brand-of-Graphics-Card/td-p/5817581
Relevancy 56.33%

i just bought a nvidia and i cant get it to work Its mb ram I have Compaq Pesario nx XP Home Edition SP AMD Athlon XP Ghz MMX DNow Phoneix-Award Bios v PG mb PC Corsair Ram Directx c S prosavageDDR Card install Graphics Wont mb Graphics Card Wont install After I disabled the onboard i switched the bios to AGP I put the card in and boot up windows i got to the desktop and found new hardware but almost Graphics Card Wont install everytime i try to install the drivers the screen goes black or comp restarts If the drivers do install the screen will either go black after boot screen or the desktop will be back in the VGA standard and the windows wont have installed the card Tried all kinds of drivers any help would be good just about read to break the thing Almost forget this the first card i ve ever install kinda new to it maybe im doing something wrong or maybe its just fried knock nbsp

A:Graphics Card Wont install

:wave: Hello & Welcome to TechSpot :wave:

It looks like you could be having a driver problem...

Go back into the bios, turn the onboard graphics back on. Turn off the computer and take the new card out. Now boot into windows.
Uninstall the drivers for the onboard graphics. Go into the control panel and use the "Add/Remove Hardware" dialog to uninstall the card from the system. Restart the computer and switch the onboard graphics off in the bios. Now power off and install the new card again. You should no longer have a problem installing the new drivers...

If you do, try downloading a new set of drivers (pref on someone elses machine as yours will be very limited in resolution choices until after they're installed) and install them instead..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-wont-install.26073/
Relevancy 56.33%

hello all, i was curious if anybody knows how to install a graphics card into a y900? i am having difficulty specifically with the chassis part of the removal process. thanks,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/y900-how-to-install-new-graphics-card/td-p/3420780
Relevancy 56.33%

I need a graphics card that will play the Sims 3 and is compatible with Windows 7. I currently have Nvidia GeForce FX 5200, but it's making the game freeze, but worked with everything else. I've recently done a clean install (thanks to a rootkit virus...), and now it doesn't work at all. In the hardware section of my computer, it says that there's a standard VGA graphics adapter listed there.

So now I'm thinking to just change it completely. I've tried installing drivers etc, nothing's working. If anyone can help on that front, rather than me having to buy another chip, that'd be great, but I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably need another card.

My specs:

- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-8I865GME-775-RH
- 2 GB RAM
- Intel Pentium 4 (3.2 ghz)
- Power Supply: EZCool (500W)

Relevancy 56.33%

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5450
(1.6GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2 MB Cache)
Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
2 GB Memory
160 GB Hard Drive

ATi Mobility Radeon HD X2400 Graphics
15.4″ Widescreen Display
1.3 Mega Pixel Webcam
HD DVD Drive
8-in-1 Media Card reader

I just format re-installed Vista 32bit on my ASUS x53sr notebook and everything works fine except the graphics and resolution is awful. I went to the ASUS site and found the drivers for my card and installed them. Install was successful but nothing changed. My device manager doesnt even detect anything other than "Standard VGA" So I went to the ATI site and downloaded and installed the catalyst control center utility plus drivers for my card. Install went successful but nothing changed. I have re-booted and tried several time to fix this but nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!

A:Can't install graphics card OR the drivers for it

metalguy said:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5450
(1.6GHz, 667 MHz FSB, 2 MB Cache)
Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
2 GB Memory
160 GB Hard Drive

ATi Mobility Radeon HD X2400 Graphics
15.4″ Widescreen Display
1.3 Mega Pixel Webcam
HD DVD Drive
8-in-1 Media Card reader

I just format re-installed Vista 32bit on my ASUS x53sr notebook and everything works fine except the graphics and resolution is awful. I went to the ASUS site and found the drivers for my card and installed them. Install was successful but nothing changed. My device manager doesnt even detect anything other than "Standard VGA" So I went to the ATI site and downloaded and installed the catalyst control center utility plus drivers for my card. Install went successful but nothing changed. I have re-booted and tried several time to fix this but nothing works. Any ideas? Thanks for the help!Click to expand...

did you try looking in device manager to see if the drivers were in fact upgraded?
have you tried a different resolution?
when i upgraded the drivers on my laptop,the resolution made no change either. i think it is due to it being a motherboard based video card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-graphics-card-or-the-drivers-for-it.868951/
Relevancy 56.33%

I formatted my laptop ACER ASPIRE 5745 G. then i lost my nvidia graphics card. windows has installed intel hd graphics card. when i tried downloading andn installing nvidia driver, an error is showing up saying installer could not continue. could not find compatible graphics hardware.
nvidia driver is not being shown in the device manager even.

help me to solve my problem pleaseeee

A:cannot install my nvidia graphics card

What drivers are you trying?

If Acer has customized the device ID for the nVidia graphics device, you might best try Acer's drivers:

Acer Support: Downloads & Support Documents - Notebook / Aspire / Aspire 5745G

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/257585-cannot-install-my-nvidia-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi i just recently bought the GTX 1080X founders editon and i was wondering if i could install it into this laptop please no hate comments this is serious! i cant seem to make it fit into this laptop so i need so help, please someone help me. i really want to play Battefield 1 and minecraft here is the model number and specs14-ak013dxProcessor BrandIntelProcessor Speed2.16 gigahertzProcessor ModelIntel Celeron

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/can-install-this-graphics-card-on-this-laptop/td-p/5676610
Relevancy 56.33%

I downloaded n tried to install graphics card (asus radeon 9600xt) driver, but as soon as i run the exe, it gives me the following error:

"Setup was unable to find components that can be installed on your current hardware or software configuration. Please make sure you have the required hardware or software."

my pc config is:
Intel p4 (3.0 ghz)
2 gb ram
intel D865GBF motherboard
windows xp sp3

Thanks

A:Cannot install graphics card driver...

1) Have you checked the ASUS site for your ASUS model?

2) You list an Intel m/b. The Intel site for graphics for that m/b here (if it applies)

3) You might also google for the Intel Driver Update Utility

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-install-graphics-card-driver.171617/
Relevancy 56.33%

i was thinking about buying this EVGA 01G-P3-N959-TR GeForce 9500 GT Video Card - 1GB DDR2, PCI Express 2.0, SLI Support, (Dual Link) Dual DVI, HDTV, VGA Support at TigerDirect.com

for this Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H AMD 880G Motherboard - Micro ATX, Socket AM3, AM 880G Chipset, 1600MHz (O.C.), SATA 3.0 Gb/s, RAID, 8-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN at TigerDirect.com

and i was just wondering if that would work or not.
cuz i want boosted graphics for my games and stuff.

A:can i install a graphics card to this motherboard?

Gigabyte makes a good board
And yes that card will install just fine. (PCI Express) I don't know Nvidia drivers so much perhaps someone that does can chime in.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/143109-can-i-install-graphics-card-motherboard.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi everybody I m new here I ve seen a lot of posts here where people are having the same problem that I have I have a Dell Dimension with three PCI slots I m trying to install a graphics card but I can t get it to work Any time I install the card into the computer the monitor gets no signal I know the computer s working though because I can hear all the sounds when Windows starts up I ve tried quite a few things Disabled the onboard graphics in Device Manager Uninstalled the onboard graphics driver in Add Remove Programs Changed the BIOS settings to Auto instead of Onboard Installed video card to other PCI slots I trying card graphics install when No to signal can see the screen with the card installed and install the drivers for it if I set the BIOS to explicitly use Onboard But if I try anything else No signal when trying to install graphics card I m back to no signal Sorry if this doesn t make complete sense but I m getting a little irritated Has anybody come up with a solution for this or am I dead in the water I m just wanting to play World of Warcraft and not any major performance-hogging games My machine Dell Dimension Windows XP Pro SP GHz Celeron D MB RAM GB Hard Drive X DVD-ROM Drive X CDRW Drive Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics Intel G No signal when trying to install graphics card Graphics Controller PCI slots no AGP or PCIe Factory-installed Dell W Power Supply V A Machine is not overclocked or modified in any way Video card I m trying to install ATI Radeon MB PCI by Diablotek More info http www geeks com details asp invtid V -P nbsp

A:No signal when trying to install graphics card

I had one of these DELL 3000'S. You must have a PCI only card. If you simply plug the card into the slot, then plug the monitor into the VGA outlet...you should get a picture even before you install the driver. If this is not happening, try another PCI slot or exchange the card. Also...be aware that the power supply may not be enough to power the card. Those power supplies are pretty weak in that machine. Take a look at the minimum power requirements for your card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-when-trying-to-install-graphics-card.86471/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hallo I've been trying to install my nvidia on my computer without success If I have it in the computer all I get is s black screen If its not in there though everything works fine My motherboard is a msi-k n pgm -v Things that I've tried so far Install nvidia drivers without the graphics card installed so I can see what I'm doing unfortunately the installer doesn't continue Without the graphics card in write down how many keypresses it takes to change the primary graphics to onboard Boot up into bios with the graphics now installed into the pcie with a black screen Follow the keypresses it took to change graphics to onboard save amp reboot This doesn't seem to work either I still graphics card won't msi k9n6pgm2-v2 install get a black screen the motherboard forgets the settings that I just changed and reverts to making pcie the default even though only the onboard is working because the drivers for the card aren't installed I was going to do the same thing with the bios as the nvidia driver installer so my graphics could be in the computer but I realized that I have no visual feedback as to how to make the installer complete as the installer wont continue without the graphics in Edit I just thought of another solution I'm going to see if I can create a remote session with my computer amp install the drivers remotely with msi k9n6pgm2-v2 graphics card won't install my cellphone on teamviewer Ill post back the results

A:msi k9n6pgm2-v2 graphics card won't install

Hey, Are you trying to install this GPU to a tower? When GPU's have the letter M next to them in commonly means that its a laptop version of the card, My apologies if im wrong.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/326989-msi-k9n6pgm2-v2-graphics-card-wont-install.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi,

I added a new graphics card to a system and Windows (Ultimate x64) is not detecting it. I don't see anything new or unknown in the device manager. BIOS is set to use the external PEG (PCI-E card) if present, if not use the onboard one.

I see the fan spinning, so I know power is going to the card.

The mobo is Gigabyte GA-M68M-S2P rev 2.3 and the card is a basic Nvdia GF7200GS. It's a PCI-E card that doesn't require power from the PSU.

I updated BIOS to the latest flash and it is set up to use the onboard card UNLESS there's an external PCI-E one. If I choose to use ONLY the external one, then I won't have video out and have to reset BIOS.

Any suggestion? Could it be a faulty mobo slot? It's all I can think about at this time.

Thanks in advance!

A:Can't install external graphics card

I have a Gigabyte motherboard (different model) and had to disable the onboard graphics before it would let me use the video card. The other options would not work.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/351295-cant-install-external-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 56.33%

First off this is like only my second forum post EVER I usually find a solution to my problems or card issue graphics my Install with use google so plz bear with me if im not using the forum correctly So i've been using the windows build ever since Install issue with my graphics card it came out and its been running just fine on my setup A couple days ago i downloaded the new RC build and when i tried to install it i kept getting a blue screen I dont remember why but i concluded that the issue was my graphics card so i took out my Radeon x and took my dad's card a GeForce GT Putting the GeForce in my pc worked and it installed smoothly with both bit and bit versions of windows RC I then tried to put my Radeon back into my pc after installing with my geforce Once it booted i got no signal to the monitor After finding a work around my i got a blue screen after about min then it would not boot windows I'm still stuck at the installation with my radeon when i put the cd in Install issue with my graphics card i Install issue with my graphics card get a blue screen right after the logo thing starts to move this is before any setup information comes up In short i cant get widows RC to work with my graphics card Help is much appreciated

A:Install issue with my graphics card

Hi i am facing also the problem, had Vista 32bit installed
wen i upgraded to Win 7 blue screen came, i then used my onboard graphics to load Win 7, when installed i the installed my asus 256MB pci-expr graphics card and boot it and blue screen comes up,

pliz help

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/15606-install-issue-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Toshiba A200 Satellite 1.73 GH, 1G RAM Laptop running Vista home basic with a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family. I am having problems running game programmes on the computer because i don't seem to have the correct type of graphics card installed. I wanted to know is it possible to have a new graphics card installed on the mother board? Is this a difficult thing to do? $$$. Or is there anything i can do to enhance my existing system? I have seen that ASUS has an external graphics card but have not been able to locate one. Is this a possible option. Any advice would be welcome.

A:can i install new graphics card/laptop

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/665626-can-i-install-new-graphics.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-install-new-graphics-card-laptop.665620/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello won't install graphics boot now Tried to card I Tried to install graphics card now won't boot don't know that much about computers Anyways I own a Gateway which is model GR with WinXP on it and I never had separately put a graphics card on it My friend gave me a new one and told me it Tried to install graphics card now won't boot is compatible with the system specs of my computer it is a Asus EN GS I dunno if I am giving you the right information because I know very litle about computers so just let me know if I have to provide something else I put in the graphics card in the PCI express slot of my computer and then booted it it came to a screen that said quot config settings have changed blah blah and gave the option to start windows normally or in safe mode or safe mode with command prompt quot Every time I pick any of these it just restarts and comes back to the same screen So then I changed the BIOS settings to say that we had put in PCI express Same thing happened still I changed it back and we took out the graphics card and expected that now at least the computer would start fine but it doesn't It still keeps restarting and bringing that screen even though we took out the graphics card I fear that I've ruined everything and will have to reinstall Windows or something I don't even have Windows or any recovery CD with me right now and my friend is in another city Also there is something in the PCI slot of my pc not PCI express but I thought my computer came with a built in graphics so I don't think it is a graphics card I have never ever put one in my computer before What did I do wrong and is there any way to fix it without losing my stuff

A:Tried to install graphics card now won't boot

Have you had the option to boot to the last good configuration yet? If not tap F8 during the boot process (before you get to the safe mode screen) and it should provide you with more options to choose from (including safe mode). Try last known good config or VGA mode and tell us what it does.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/tried-to-install-graphics-card-now-wont-boot-338597.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a Toshiba A200 Laptop 1.73 Gh, 1G Ram, Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family. I am having problems running game programmes because it says that i don't have supported devices required. Is it possible to install a new graphics card on the mother board? Is this a difficult thing to do? $$$. Is there anything i can do with my existing system that might help. ASUS has an external graphics card available but I have been unable to locate one on the net. Is this an option? Any advice on what i can do to would be appreciated

A:Can I Install A New Graphics Card/laptop

Hi and welcome. I've moved this to hardware for better assistance.

I've also closed your duplicate thread in multi media. Please post only once.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-install-a-new-graphics-card-laptop.665626/
Relevancy 56.33%

I card? the How to choose install right graphics and m hoping to start playing the Mass Effect games but How to choose and install the right graphics card? in order to play I m going to need a better graphics card for my laptop at least for the second game There are a couple things I m wondering If you have the graphics card is it possible to install it yourself or do you have to have it done by a professional When I used CanYouRunIt it suggested a specific graphics card but how do I know whether that card will fit with my laptop Is CanYouRunIt even accurate I had it suggested to me I think in another thread on this very site but someone else has told me that it s quot considered a joke among hardware enthusiasts because of how innacurate it is quot My current graphics card is an ATI Radeon CanYouRunIt suggested a NVIDIA GeForce or greater or an ATI Radeon X Pro or greater However although it says I need a higher graphics card it says the one I have has enough video RAM hardware T amp L and high enough versions of both Pixel Shader and Vertex Shader honestly I don t really know what those mean but I don t get why those get green checkmarks but it still says I should use a different card Hopefully that s enough info to get you started Let me know if there are any other specs that I need to provide nbsp

A:How to choose and install the right graphics card?

All grapic for a lap top are on board,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-choose-and-install-the-right-graphics-card.974545/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all,

I'm guessing that others are having the same problem.

I have Nvidia GTX460 1gb, when trying to install im faced with a corrupt/pixallated windows screen. You can still fudge your way through and select the right things, install continues and then at the end gets rolled back because a problem has been encounted.

I changed the card to my friends ATI card and install was perfect.

Put my card back in, and back to it being corrupt.

Now the card passed the tests as being compatable.

Anybody been able to fix this problem without having to buy a new card?

A:Graphics card causes install to fail

Bugger thought someone else may have had the issue as well

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/12452-graphics-card-causes-install-fail.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello!

I recently purchased a USB - VGA adapter for my laptop. The ports available in my laptop are two USB and one DisplayPort.

My laptop:

http://www.hp.com/united-states/camp...folio_1040.pdf

This is the product i bought:

https://www.kjell.com/se/sortiment/d...ill-vga-p69146

My intention was to use the Displayport to connect one external display, and then use the USB - VGA adapter do connect an additional external display. As I connect the USB-VGA adapter, Windows 7 tries to install the drivers but keeps failing. There seem to be no downloadable drivers for this product, except for Windows 10.

Can anyone help me figuring out what is causing this problem? I really need two external monitors in order to work from home.

Thanks
J

A:USB to VGA (external graphics card) does not install

Try this one as it seems this is the device itself.
Good luck.
https://support.zoho.com/portal/fres...latest-drivers

Driver: https://support.zoho.com/portal/fres...SupAttach=true

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/397755-usb-vga-external-graphics-card-does-not-install.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Alright I have an HP Pavilion Media Center m x Desktop PC I bought it last November I want to be able to hook my Television up to the computer as a second monitor I thought given the fact that the unit is called a MEDIA CENTER that it would have such Choose Need To One! Install Second Help Me A Card. Which Graphics capabilities silly me Apparently the graphics card a NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce is incapable of detecting a Need To Install A Second Graphics Card. Help Me Choose Which One! connect television as a second monitor if you are running Windows Vista I would gladly switch to XP if only the current configuration and resolution didn t look like crap I even bought a video splitter to see if that would help still nothing I was reading on their support forums and I guess that its a glitch in the Vista control panel that has existed for years and no patch has ever been released and thus the possibility of one being released is slim to none So I guess I need to install a second graphics card I just want something cheap that will transfer my image to my Television via VGA cable Please help me out I m pretty computer illiterate with this type of hardware stuff nbsp

A:Need To Install A Second Graphics Card. Help Me Choose Which One!

how much are you looking to spend?? $0-$???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-to-install-a-second-graphics-card-help-me-choose-which-one.691088/
Relevancy 56.33%

I just went out and bought a visiontek radeon pro agp x video card got home opened it up and i got the pro install card Graphics issue n ice right kinda The card did not come with a pin to pin power adapter because the didn t need one but the Graphics card install issue does Made a quot custom quot adapter trust me proffesional not the problem I went and uninstalled everything ati on my computer just from the add remove programs popped in the new card gave it power and started up i got lines running vertical all over the screen but i figured i needed to install the driver and it would fix it installed driver restarted and crash after i clicked my profile to log in or just blank monitor not sure just went black put in old video card and worked perfect uninstalled drivers again downloaded from visiontek website no better omega drivers supprisingly didn t even let me get to welcome screen but if i uninstall all the drivers the card is a little slow and i get the lines but at least it works i have checked my bios pretty confident but not sure if it s set correctly tried a couple driver update programs nothing contacted visiontek bullshit employees reading off some program not power supply i dedicated a w power supply just to the card did nothing searched forums for hours lots of problems with this card just not my problem i know computers pretty well but still got a lot to learn any help would be great i am upgrading from a radeon mb i got a deal on this card for bucks on clearence so can t return it nbsp

A:Graphics card install issue

Sorry win xp sp2
3.2ghz p4 w/ ht
2gb ddr
2 250w psu's
the version of xp is not legal but it's all there verifyed by 3 microsoft employees (don't talk to anymore or i would ask them.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-install-issue.119101/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok I simply can t tell if this issue is for my CPU RAM MOBO or my Graphics Card Anyways everything has been slowly getting worse Images and webpages load slower than before it s a visual thing But It could very well be either the graphics card or some other hardware I can t tell if it s a proccessing power issue or a drawing of graphics Anyways it s ups. other or Mobo screen and Graphics CPU failure? seize tearing Desktop or Card getting worse so that in games like KF my game will seize up for a split moment when my camera will change distances like zooming in on my weapon sights Also the graphics seem to be kind of jittery when moving the camera around Everything seems to be worst when it s not been loaded previously Any kind of new images or windows on my desktop are loading a little slower but once it s there they interact just fine Perhaps because of all the image reference I should assume it s graphics card but how should I really know I need some help with suggestions on software that might help me diagnose my PC for any major hardware failure I ve done a full reinstall of my Win bit Ultimate edition All fresh drivers and software the issue has only got Desktop screen tearing and other seize ups. Graphics Card or Mobo or CPU failure? worse than before the reformatting which I did to fix the problem I wasn t actually having any graphical issues in game before the reformat but instead mostly when I was loading websites especially those with a lot of images like online Desktop screen tearing and other seize ups. Graphics Card or Mobo or CPU failure? tv show listings or google image results etc Thumbnails of stuff seem to load slower I see the stages of the image more stages than I should witness Including some feeling I get of grayed bordering while transitioning Also pages seem to take longer to load As in I will see the internet page loading icon in the tab of chrome just circle longer than it should That seems less a graphics problem and more of a processing problem It s like instead of my mbps down cable I have DSL or something Copy and pasting this here article into google docs as a safety save is also taking longer for the paste action to complete than it should Again I can t tell if that s because it s taking longer for the graphics card to write the pasted information or if the process is delayed because of the CPU I ordered a new EVGA Superclocked ACX from Amazon already because I don t have the I d need to get a k i gb ddr x mobo Oh yeah almost forgot to mention I m getting visible screen tearing on my desktop Even just now moving the scroll bar from left to right and right to left on my Win Volume Mixer you can visibly see screen tearing in the volume indications area I m not getting screen tearing noticeable in video games just on desktop Most noticeable when I move a window back and forth between my monitors really fast As a matter of fact the other day I was entertaining myself seeing how many segment blocks I can make with a window while sliding it back and forth on my monitors Here is my current system specs Power Supply CORSAIR HX Series HX W ATX V EPS V SLI CrossFire PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready - http goo gl EGwYdX CPU Intel Core i - K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics - http goo gl Qic CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper EVO - CPU Cooler with mm PWM Fan - http goo gl ibcUIJ Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard - http goo gl sD C RAM G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory - http goo gl CwtSsb Monitors x Acer H Series H HQLbid Black quot ms GTG HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LED Backlit LCD Monitor IPS Panel - http goo gl bRZeO SSD SAMSUNG EVO MZ- TE BW quot GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD - http goo gl td K GPU EVGA SuperClocked G-P - -KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express SLI Support w EVGA ACX Cooler... Read more

A:Desktop screen tearing and other seize ups. Graphics Card or Mobo or CPU failure?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-screen-tearing-and-other-seize-ups-graphics-card-or-mobo-or-cpu-failure.1151865/
Relevancy 55.9%

Ok Card or or Graphics ups. seize tearing screen Desktop Mobo other and CPU failure? I simply can t tell if this issue is for my CPU RAM MOBO or my Graphics Card Anyways everything has been slowly getting worse Images and webpages load Desktop screen tearing and other seize ups. Graphics Card or Mobo or CPU failure? slower than before it s a visual thing But It could very well be either the graphics card or some other hardware I can t tell if it s a proccessing power issue or a drawing of graphics Anyways it s getting worse so that in games like KF my game will seize up for a split moment when my camera will change distances like zooming in on my weapon sights Also the graphics seem to be kind of jittery when moving the camera around Everything seems to be worst when it s not been loaded previously Any kind of new images or windows on my desktop are loading a little slower but once it s there they interact just fine Perhaps because of all the image reference I should assume it s graphics card but how should I really know I need some help with suggestions on software that might help me diagnose my PC for any major hardware failure I ve done a full reinstall of my Win bit Ultimate edition All fresh drivers and software the issue has only got worse than before the reformatting which I did to fix the problem I wasn t actually having any graphical issues in game before the reformat but instead mostly when I was loading websites especially those with a lot of images like online tv show listings or google image results etc Thumbnails of stuff seem to load slower I see the stages of the image more stages than I should witness Including some feeling I get of grayed bordering while transitioning Also pages seem to take longer to load As in I will see the internet page loading icon in the tab of chrome just circle longer than it should That seems less a graphics problem and more of a processing problem It s like instead of my mbps down cable I have DSL or something Copy and pasting this here article into google docs as a safety save is also taking longer for the paste action to complete than it should Again I can t tell if that s because it s taking longer for the graphics card to write the pasted information or if the process is delayed because of the CPU I ordered a new EVGA Superclocked ACX from Amazon already because I don t have the I d need to get a k i gb ddr X mobo Oh yeah almost forgot to mention I m getting visible screen tearing on my desktop Even just now moving the scroll bar from left to right and right to left on my Win Volume Mixer you can visibly see screen tearing in the volume indications area I m not getting screen tearing noticeable in video games just on desktop Most noticeable when I move a window back and forth between my monitors really fast As a matter of fact the other day I was entertaining myself seeing how many segment blocks I can make with a window while sliding it back and forth on my monitors Here is my current system specs Power Supply CORSAIR HX Series HX W ATX V EPS V SLI CrossFire PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply New th Gen CPU Certified Haswell Ready - http goo gl EGwYdX CPU Intel Core i - K Ivy Bridge Quad-Core GHz GHz Turbo LGA W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics - http goo gl Qic CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper EVO - CPU Cooler with mm PWM Fan - http goo gl ibcUIJ Motherboard ASRock Z Extreme LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard - http goo gl sD C RAM G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory - http goo gl CwtSsb Monitors x Acer H Series H HQLbid Black quot ms GTG HDMI Widescreen LED Backlight LED Backlit LCD Monitor IPS Panel - http goo gl bRZeO SSD SAMSUNG EVO MZ- TE BW quot GB SATA III TLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD - http goo gl td K GPU EVGA SuperClocked G-P - -KR G-SYNC Support GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express SLI Support w EVGA ACX Cooler Video Card - http goo gl cIu Rb Internet Mbps down Mbps up Mouse Razer Naga MMO G... Read more

A:Desktop screen tearing and other seize ups. Graphics Card or Mobo or CPU failure?

Ok, I have tested my hardware with two monitoring programs. I also tried to install the VGA drivers for the onboard graphics of my mobo, then swapped my monitors to that. I did not remove the graphics card when testing the onboard graphics. I don't know that I need to remove the Nvidia card, let me know if I must do that to get a true test. Anyhow, the results didn't change. I was still having problems.

Here are the results of the hardware monitoring.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HBR67s8cqAHKOZdlFg_ZJq_ArvenJC0N1EPznhgYzKM/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RWfjTBQZRwN6TY6UZhONI-sX2jlbJHbAIIwOtOQizAU/edit?usp=sharing

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-screen-tearing-and-other-seize-ups-graphics-card-or-mobo-or-cpu-failure.216642/
Relevancy 55.9%

hello everyone this is my first spec bought new new card now and installed higher graphics lag desktop, but games post so please help i just bought a new computer it was green so i had to install windows mother board drivers etc my games worked fine on my old machine but i thought it was time to get a new one and my old pc kept blue screening and it was bought new and higher spec desktop, installed new graphics card but now games lag just high time i bought a new one This is my problem i took my old bought new and higher spec desktop, installed new graphics card but now games lag graphics card its a radeon ati hd and installed it in my new pc i installed the drivers for it and windows said its working fine however everytime i play a game on my new pc its unbelievably laggy i disabled the on board graphics and did everything your meant to do as far as that goes but nothing seems to work ive made sure direct x etc it seems to have the same lag whether high settings or low settings on a game what would you think it is any ideas please help i feel ive wasted my money nbsp

A:bought new and higher spec desktop, installed new graphics card but now games lag

Specs of the old PC and new PC? OS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bought-new-and-higher-spec-desktop-installed-new-graphics-card-but-now-games-lag.1020632/
Relevancy 55.9%

As the title says I have a Y900-34ISZ Desktop and the grapihics card tinds to make a VERY loud buzzing sound when playing games. At first it wasn't a big problem but it seems to be getting worse, it to the point that i can't even stand to play anything because the buzzing is so loud. i've already tried contetacting support but all i got out of that was a dent in my case. Anyone have any Ideas on how to fix this. I've already checked the fans and cleaned out the case as well as updating all drivers but nothing has worked.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Y900-34ISZ-Desktop-Ungodly-loud-Graphics-card-buzzing/td-p/3380699
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello

I just reformatted my pc to windows xp and cant seem to locate my graphics card or install the drivers for it. any help?

A:can't find my graphics card or install the drivers

Please post a snapshot with Speccy -How to Publish a snapshot with Speccy <<-- DirectionsThis will show us the Make / Model of Graphics card -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448940/cant-find-my-graphics-card-or-install-the-drivers/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi sorry but this needs a bit of background I've been using a custom PC since June picked install [Help] drivers card Can't detect graphics or the parts got it put together in a shop Recently I've been having occasional BSODs and a message that says quot PFN LIST CORRUPT quot After the latest BSOD and reboot my PC couldn't [Help] Can't detect graphics card or install drivers detect the GTX graphics card from Palit in device manager Under display adapters it shows quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot instead of [Help] Can't detect graphics card or install drivers the gtx I tried to update the driver with the latest download from Nvidia version but when I try to it informs me quot This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware quot I've reinstalled windows and the drivers for Ethernet motherboard chipset etc but I've still got the same problem when trying to install the graphics driver When I open the quot Properties quot window of the quot Standard VGA Graphics Adapter quot in device manager under details- gt hardware ids the following information is shown PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp REV A PCI VEN DE amp DEV PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp CC PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp CC Any help

A:[Help] Can't detect graphics card or install drivers

Hello syalam. Welcome to the Forum.

Have you made any changes or added any new hardware to your system around the time this error began to appear?

That VEN is nVidia, but the DEV is a Fast Ethernet Controller.
It could be that Windows has mixed up the registry folder for the device, or the plug and play feature in the video cards firmware could be corrupted, or there is another corruption in the system.

You can try reinstalling the video card clean:
Be sure you have the most current known good driver downloaded.
Create a System Restore Point.

Now go into Windows Explorer and in the C: drive find the nVidia folder (inside will be Drivers > your driver version) and delete it (the whole folder).
Go into Start > Control Panel > Remove a Program and uninstall all programs for the video card. Do PhysX and Stereoscopic 3D first, then the driver. The control panel will uninstall with the driver.

Shut down computer, wait 30 seconds, and then boot the computer.
When it reaches the desktop Windows will find new hardware and will install it's own WDDM1.1 driver. Let it. You will be asked to restart. Do it.
Once back on the desktop you can now install the nVidia driver package for your card.
Try that and see if it works. That PFN_LIST_CORRUPT error can be caused by other bad drivers too, and by bad RAM. But lets check that video card installation first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/193011-help-cant-detect-graphics-card-install-drivers.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I just swapped my graphics card this morning to a new asus nvidia GeForce gt630 when I installed the drivers off the cd after restarting the pc I realised the drivers did not support windows 8. It loaded up to a black screen an stopped, I have since been forced to try to restore and it is now stuck on black screen with blue windows logo with no indication it is doing anything I have restarted the pc and put the old graphics card back in, but it is still stuck on a restore, I bought downloaded windows 8 pro online so do not have it on a reboot cd.
Please help

A:Graphics card install black screen

I have now got it into safe mode ..

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/12775-graphics-card-install-black-screen.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have an hp desktop with vista home premium and the onboard sound card. I removed my old graphics card and installed a new one today and now my sound icon is gone from my taskbar and I have no sound!

Device manager lists 'high definition audio' and also lists my TV tuner and says they're working fine.

What do I do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lost-sound-after-graphics-card-install-337578.html