Windows Support Forum

Chromebook 13 with touch screen - flickering/shifting screen

Q: Chromebook 13 with touch screen - flickering/shifting screen

I've had this Chromebook for under a week, and today out of no where it the screen flickers nonstop.
If im doing something like watching a video, then the entire screen does it. What should i do? I have a warranty.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Chromebook 13 with touch screen - flickering/shifting screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Chromebook 13 with touch screen - flickering/shifting screen

I charged the battery, and once it was 100% it stopped happening. Now my touch screen is on, and i can't turn it off no matter if i use the command or change it in the settings. Im assuming this is a touch screen problem.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994288
Relevancy 95.03%

Want a chrome supported tablet that uses a pen and I can hand-write notes on things like google docs.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Acer-R-11-2-in-1-11-6-quot-Touch-Screen-Chromebook/td-p/462474
Relevancy 92.88%

My chromebook is over 60% charged and has started randomly shutting down (scren goes black, power is off until I hit the POWER ON/restart key). It has done this twice in the last hour.  I've had this new chromebook for less than a week and have used it for only a few hours so far.  Any thoughts on why this is occuring and how to prevent it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Brand-new-Chromebook-11-g5-touch-screen-shutting-down/td-p/5831665
Relevancy 91.59%

This has been an extremely aggrivating issue for a while. After updating the BIOS the other week, the issue stopped completely; however, the second the newest NVidia (364.47) driver finished installation, the screen flickering immediately started again. Any help on fixing this issue, that does not require dismantling my computer, would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Lenovo Y70 Touch: Screen Flickering

Hi Mozza,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

We are sorry to hear that your Y70 laptop screen is flickering.

Please do confirm which operating system is running on your laptop.

Best Regards,
Poojitha.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo! If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y70-Touch-Screen-Flickering/td-p/3276864
Relevancy 90.73%

This is my third time making this thread with no working solution being posted.I purchased a Lenovo Y70 Touch Laptop several months ago. Since a few weeks after its initial use, it has had constant horizontal white lines flickering across the screen at random intervals. I updated the BIOS and it fixed it temporarily. The issue came back once more.I am running Windows 10. I have updated my NVidia and Intel drivers. The BIOS is up to date. I have tried to change the power settings with no luck (the recommended options are not present).Many others seem to have this issue and also have not been helped. I really don't like causing a fuss, but these computers aren't cheap and the lack of help has been very alarming. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y70-70-Touch-Laptop-Screen-Flickering/td-p/3346043
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello I've bought a Lenovo Y70-70 Touch laptop.It worked well but the screen started flickering black and showing horizontal lines with rainbow color.I've Updated Video Card drivers for the both cards but it didin't work.Please help me to resolve this issue.My laptop is new I have it from like 2-3 months.

A:Y70-70 Touch Laptop (Lenovo) Screen flickering

Hi there, Mons   -

Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.

To fix the flickering problem, you should first check the laptop cables for loose connections. So engineer have already diagnosed and confirmed, it was not the lcd cable which is faulty.

Another possible reason for the flickering problem in computer screens is interference of magnetic fields from other gadgets. Yes, check if near your laptop, you haven't placed speakers, fluorescent lights, cell phones, radios and any other electrical device. If it is so, you must remove any such interfering electrical gadgets away from your laptop. Studies have proved that cell phones do cause screen flickering.

Try and identify when you face this issue, when on Battery power, mains AC adapter or in both scenarios? Is it for a particular power plan or for all power plans? Also check if this happen when you enter BIOS and in Safe Mode too.

Please follow the below steps:

If updating video drivers does not help, uninstall and reinstall the Video drivers.
Open Control Panel\All Control Panel It ems\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings and restore the default power plan settings by clicking on Restore default settings for this plan. Do this for all your Power Plans.
Change the refresh rate and see if that helps.

Update us how it goes.

Regards,

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y70-70-Touch-Laptop-Lenovo-Screen-flickering/td-p/3370218
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi, i have a problem, after latest Win10 updates my screen starts flickering. i have tryied everything ( update all graphics drivers, update BIOS, disable Promblems and solutions and windows reports in Service). So any ideas? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-y70-70-touch-Screen-starts-flickering/td-p/3415048
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi folks nbsp my Y just died yesterday shortly after screen flickering The flickering started a day earlier at a random pattern barley noticeable Yesterday however the flickering increased somewhat and Y70 shortly touch flickering screen died after the laptop suddently shut down I Y70 touch died shortly after screen flickering was able to restart but Y70 touch died shortly after screen flickering while booting it shut down again A couple time I could access the boot menue I tried to boot in recovery but it almost instantly shut down This play was going on for maybe - times Then the laptop wasn't powering on any more at all I was able to see that the battery indication was showing during one of the failed start ups nbsp Of course I am out of warranty since month nbsp Contacting the support is a pain and I wasnt able yet Punching in the nbsp S N in the first screen was just creating a wait animation and nothing else I tried two different browser though both with the same result nbsp On the second screen I was able to enter the S N but it was generating this cryptic message BTW clicking yes does of course nothing message nbsp under the black box the S N was just repeated nbsp Does any one else expirienced such behavior I assume it's hardware related can some one with knowledge point me in the right direction to find the faulty part nbsp Thanks in advanceChris nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y70-touch-died-shortly-after-screen-flickering/td-p/3321036
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi all nbsp I purchased my U Touch laptop in January of then about a year later I had the infamous broken hinge issue that a lot of these laptops seem to suffer from I Screen Flickering Touch U530 Ideapad sent it in to Lenovo and had it fixed Ideapad U530 Touch Screen Flickering though and haven't had any other issue with it until now The problem I am now experiencing is a very noticable flickering that moves from the bottom to the top of the screen Changing the refresh rate only seems to change the rate at which the flickering moves I noticed that the glossy black portion of the hinge seemed to have a slighly loose feel and saw the screen flickering issue go away when I pressed into the hinge in the right place You can feel and hear the plastic moving when pressing into the hinge If you fiddle with it enough you can get it to a state where the screen doesn't flicker but it's not an ideal solution If the laptop gets even slightly bumped or moved the flickering will come back Any help with this issue would be much appreciated

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Ideapad-U530-Touch-Screen-Flickering/td-p/3421302
Relevancy 89.87%

After I had my laptop for 2 weeks (outside of Best Buy's return policy), the screen started flickering with circles. I contacted tech support. They said it was a virus so I got it scan for virus and nothing.  It continued to happen. I did an online search and it was suggested I turn off my touchscreen. I did that and I had no issues for about 1 month. Then my computer freezes after about 10 minutes of use.  I brought this laptop to also be used as a tablet and I am unable to do that. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-screen-has-a-row-of-flickering-circles-making-my/td-p/5794135
Relevancy 89.87%

I recently downloaded Windows 10 onto my Acer Aspire E15 Touch and the screen went completely black after rebooting. Now every time I try turning it on it shows a flickering black screen. I am unable to click on anything let alone see the screen itself. I have tried leaving it on and even removing the battery multiple times but nothing seems to work. If anyone can help me solve this problem I would greatly appreciate it!

A:Acer Aspire E15 Touch flickering screen after Windows 10

do you have the full model number or SNID number

have a look at this site
http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
enter your serial number or SNID number and see if there are any windows 10 drivers or any notes about that PC and Windows 10
it maybe its not compatible with windows 10

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-e15-touch-flickering-screen-after-windows-10.1171174/
Relevancy 78.26%

Can we replace the capacitive touch controller or is it fixed?

A:Can one capacitive touch screen be replaced by a resistive touch screen?

Can you please provide more details?
What device do you mean?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?62803-Can-one-capacitive-touch-screen-be-replaced-by-a-resistive-touch-screen
Relevancy 77.4%

During the booting up process and especially after games have loaded, the screen shifts to the right by about 50% so that I can't view all of the screen. It has been suggested to me that some of the games are not compatible with XP but they have all worked ok until recently. I think this is not to do with the games especially as the problem happens at start up (but I am far from being an expert!). Desktop and all other applications/programmes are ok. I am not aware of having changed any settings regarding colours/resolution etc. Apologies in advance for maybe not giving you enough info.
Any help you can give is, as always, greatly appreciated.
Chris

Relevancy 74.82%

Yesterday I was on my laptop and before I shut it down it went into what looked like a different mode. I booted it up this morning and it is still in this mode. It looks like touch screen mode but I do not have a touch screen.  The icons on the task bar are spaced out and there is a back button on the task bar too which is not normally there. When i right click against the task bar, one of the buttons says "Show touch keyboard button".  All of my files are spead out as if to have room for touching if I had a touch screen but I do not. I am finding this very annoying because I cannot get onto my desktop properly and is not in the right mode. Please help! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-Laptop-isn-t-touch-screen-but-it-is-in-touch-screen-mode/td-p/5686333
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi there I developed a problem with my desktop pc yesterday I was gaming and the screen enter I when then password screen screen startup Flickering black at - began to flicker then the game crashed - citing quot rendering device lost quot I tried to re-load this again and the same thing happened again this time with a BSOD I Flickering screen at startup - then black screen when I enter password tried a different game and the same thing Flickering screen at startup - then black screen when I enter password occured took slightly longer though Given it was late I went to bed Today on loading up the sign in screen was flickering lots I entered my password and was met by a black screen The Flickering screen at startup - then black screen when I enter password computer continued to make fan noises as if it was working but nothing on my screen This happened again On restaring my computer the crash report read quot Blue Screen locale ID BCcode a BCP BCP FFFFF BCP ED BCP B I've looked at the bug dump but I was silly and did a system restore before this so there's no bug dump The computer starts and runs fine in safe mode and without the graphics card in Since I've done a system restore Cleaned everything again was pretty dust free to start Uninstalled and re-installed the graphics card drivers Re-seated RAM and GPU Done a memory diagnostic on my RAM None of these have worked I've taken the graphics card out and it runs fine with the onboard GPU Some specs Intel I K GPU - AMD Radeon HD Corsair Vengeance GB RAM Motherboard Asus P Z M pro PSU -OCZ Core steam W The pc has worked perfectly for - years with no issues with games previously Real Temp GT clocks the GPU temp at - under load similiar for CPU Do you need any more info to help diagnostically Is this all down to my GPU Does anyone have any suggestions for a fix

A:Flickering screen at startup - then black screen when I enter password

I found this on my notepad:

GFX 23:56:28.143 Heroes of the Storm (B43571)
GFX 23:56:28.143
GFX 23:56:28.143 Executable E:\Battle.net\Heroes of the Storm\Versions\Base43571\HeroesOfTheStorm_x64.exe
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Parameters> -sso=1 -launch -uid heroes
GFX 23:56:28.143 Parent Executable \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Battle.net\Heroes of the Storm\Support64\HeroesSwitcher_x64.exe
GFX 23:56:28.143 Grandparent Executable \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Battle.net\Battle.net.7505\Battle.net.exe
GFX 23:56:28.143 LocalTime 2016-06-16 23:56:28.143
GFX 23:56:28.143 <ComputerUser> Toby
GFX 23:56:28.143 <ComputerName> SPEEDDEMON
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Exe.Architecture> x86_64
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Version> 18.4.43571
GFX 23:56:28.143 <DataBuild> B43571
GFX 23:56:28.143 <CodeBranch> branches/Heroes.18.mid
GFX 23:56:28.143 <CodeRevision> 293141
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Locale.Assets> enUS
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Locale.Data> enUS
GFX 23:56:28.143 <Locale.Install> enUS
GFX 23:56:28.143 <AccountCountry> GBR
GFX 23:56:28.143 ====================================================================================================
GFX 23:56:28.142 DXGI: Available
GFX 23:56:28.267 Resource Cache Override Variable: 0MB
GFX 23:56:28.267 Resource Cache: 2036MB Win64 (8147MB Physical, 13271MB Process Virtual)
GFX 23:56:28.267 Adapter [0]: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (VendorID 0x1002 DeviceID 0x6818)
GFX 23:56:28.267 Attempting CreateDevice on adapter [0] (VendorID 0x1002 DeviceID 0x6818)
GFX 23:56:28.306 CreateDevice succeeded
GFX 23:56:28.306 Using adapter [0]
GFX 23:56:28.306 Floating point render targets supported.
GFX 23:56:28.310 DXGI Adapter Name: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
GFX 23:56:28.310 VRAM Detected: Dedicated [2027MB] Shared [3817MB] (DXGI)
GFX 23:56:28.310 VRAM Override Variables: Dedicated [0MB] Shared [0MB]
GFX 23:56:28.310 Initialized D3D9 GraphicsDevice: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (Driver Version: 8.17.10.1452, VRAM: 2027MB, SVMEM: 3817MB).
GFX 23:56:28.311 VRAM texture space: 1520MB
GFX 23:56:32.301 PerfNotifiers initialized
GFX 23:56:32.350 Lost D3D9 device
GFX 23:56:32.363
GFX 23:56:32.363 D3D9 Device Reset from unknown returned e_errorKindGfx(0)
GFX 23:58:11.616 DirectX call m_device->TestCooperativeLevel() failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 23:58:11.616 DirectX call failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 23:58:11.616 Lost D3D9 device
GFX 23:58:11.854
GFX 23:58:11.854 D3D9 Device Reset from ::OnRender returned e_errorKindGfx(0)
GFX 23:58:14.927 DirectX call m_device->TestCooperativeLevel() failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICELOST
GFX 23:58:16.044 DirectX call m_device->TestCooperativeLevel() failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 23:58:16.045 DirectX call failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 23:58:16.045 Lost D3D9 device
GFX 23:58:16.234
GFX 23:58:16.234 D3D9 Device Reset from ::OnRender returned e_errorKindGfx(0)
GFX 00:00:22.191 DirectX call m_device->TestCooperativeLevel() failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICELOST
GFX 00:00:23.073 DirectX call m_device->TestCooperativeLevel() failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 00:00:23.074 DirectX call failed with error code D3DERR_DEVICENOTRESET
GFX 00:00:23.074 Lost D3D9 device
GFX 00:00:23.261
GFX 00:00:23.261 D3D9 Device Reset from ::OnRender returned e_errorKindGfx(0)
GFX 00:02:42.434 Lost D3D9 device

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/397475-flickering-screen-startup-then-black-screen-when-i-enter-password.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Help, I have ATI 2600XT 256mb on my Dell 531 AMD 5000 X2 2GB playing AVI video file from WD 500gb external hard drive on my Sony 720p 46" LCD. Here is the problem that sometimes on the lower part LCD screen video is shifting for few seconds. Does anyone is having problem with this?

A:ati 2600XT sometimes video shifting lower part of screen

Update: I went into ATI to control with video resolution and changed to 1280x720 with 60Hz refresh. This will get rid the shifting image (was on and off). If I keep 1360x768 with 30iHz (I guess i is stand for interpolation) my problem re-appear again, but at this resolution my video is smooth. Only the problem that at both resolution above, I am having the ghost image. I don't know what to do and don't think this is my Sony LCD television because the on board video is working fine (Dell 531).
I am wonder any one out there is having the same problem as I have.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/134490-ati-2600xt-sometimes-video-shifting-lower-part-screen.html
Relevancy 73.53%

My laptop Dell Inspiron 15R 5520(Core i3 2370M 6GB ram win 7 64bit)  worked perfectly from Nov2012-April2016. 

Now the screen started flickering and jumping since a few days and there's a white dotted line that appears along the top of the screen that starts the minute there is any kind of display.
How do I figure out if the inverter on the screen is faulty or if it's the screen cable or the whole screen itself?
To satisfy my curiosity I opened up my laptop to find that the lcd cable was badly crushed under the screen hinge (definitely , a design/manufacturing issue! Will dell take responsibility?), and each time the screen was shut/open there was substantial pressure on the cable was what I noticed.
Unfortunately I'm out of warranty and I don't know what to do.
Please advise on fixing this issue.

A:My Dell Inspiron 15R 5520 screen suddenly started flickering and the screen jumps 1inch every couple of seconds and is very annoying.

same problem.
I've already tried deactivating adaptive screen light.
seems incompatibility with windows 10

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19681922
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi. My computer has just started to act up on me. When I turn it on & it begins to boot, the screen begins to flicker until it defaults to the blue screen w/ the following messages:

STOP: OX00000008E/OX800000003/OXF74EE0EE/OXED02789C

F74EE0EE base at F74E6000

date stamp 480252C2

I reboot in safe mode fine. I then go back to the normal mode & the problem begins all over again. What does this mean? Thx much.

A:Flickering screen to blue screen warnings

A Stop OX8E BSOD, is usually caused by hardware failure. Either it is faulty RAM or a bad PSU. Download Memtestand make a Boot disc out of that and boot off of the boot disc you created and run the tests. Test each RAM stick individually, by taking one out if you have more then one. Alos go into the Bios and check the voltages, temps and fan speeds and post here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/flickering-screen-to-blue-screen-warnings-509912.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I have a windows 7 touch screen laptop which I am using along with an extended desktop on a secondary monitor. Is there any way I can lock the mouse/pointer onto the secondary monitor but still use the touch screen facility on the laptop itself?

thanks in advance for any help provided.

nova-lighting.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/locking-mouse-pointer-on-dual-screen-with-touch-screen.963750/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I have a Sony Vaio T-series laptop model SVT CXS running windows As of yesterday the touch TV + OK, SCREEN BLACK to (power OK, fan LAPTOP HDMI OK) screen screen is black it doesn't display anything Laptop powers on lights are on fan makes noise etc I was able to plug an HDMI cable from my laptop to my TV and I am able to use the laptop using my TV screen laptop screen is still black but displays on TV works And the odd twist this is a touch screen laptop so I am able to touch my laptop screen and it makes clicks and moves cursor on my TV for some reason the track pad doesn't work while its on TV LAPTOP BLACK SCREEN (power + fan OK, HDMI to TV OK, touch screen OK) display though Any help would be greatly appreciated If you can give me steps into diagnosing the problem that'd be great I live in a small college town and there is only one computer repair shop and since it's a monopoly he rips people off Charges for a diagnostic if you get it fixed it goes towards the repair if not it's Charged my friend for macbook charger and it wasn't even an genuine Apple product

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588827/laptop-black-screen-power-fan-ok-hdmi-to-tv-ok-touch-screen-ok/
Relevancy 70.95%

1 have HP 2000 Note Book . It carries regular  Screen . I want to replace it with touch screen.Please let me know it will work or not? thankyou.

A:can you change normal screen to touch screen on hp2000 note...

Hi, What is your HP 2000 ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/can-you-change-normal-screen-to-touch-screen-on-hp2000/td-p/5646632
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey all, I woke up this morning and started using my computer to find that there were white spots on my computer screen that I had not previously noticed. I have had the computer for two years and haven't had any similar issues. There does not appear to be anything wrong with the pixels, as the color changes appropriately - it's just brighter. Furthermore, the bright spots on the screen heat up much more than the rest of the screen, which remains cool. I also noticed that, though this may be a separate issue, the touch screen isn't responding. Here is an image (it's much more noticeable on a white background): http://imgur.com/09sYisg   Any help is much appreciated!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Lighter-Spots-on-Computer-Screen-Touch-Screen-Not-Working/td-p/5745362
Relevancy 70.52%

I have bought this product 3 months ago "HP x360 Convertible 13.3" Touch Screen 2 in 1 Laptop 6th Gen i5-6200U 8GB 1TB" 2 days ago I found its screen was broken, I think it was dropped on the floor inside its contaning bag. It is still function well, but I want to know can I change the screen or not.    Thank you in adavnce 

A:Broken Screen of HP x360 Convertible 13.3" Touch Screen 2 in...

Hi @Mostafashalaby, Welcome to HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that the screen is broken, and you want to change it. Option 1: You can contact HP phone support to arrange a repair. To contact HP phone support: please use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region. Option 2: If you want to replace the screen by yourself: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01608578#AbT4 Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks. Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Broken-Screen-of-HP-x360-Convertible-13-3-quot-Touch-Screen/td-p/5692562
Relevancy 70.52%

Dear Sir MyHP Pavilion x360 is now broke the screen but i can still use is as nomal but it can not touch screen . what should I do ,  If our smart phone it break the screen it still can use why my Pavilion X360 can not touch screen ? Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-x360-break-screen-and-can-not-touch-screen/td-p/5791177
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an acer aspire M3 581T-6405 series ultrabook, but my screen is broken. Can I replace it with a touch screen from an Acer Aspire M5-583P-6428? Whether the touch screen works as a touch screen or not is irrelevant I just want to be able to use my laptop.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Replacing-a-non-touch-screen-with-a-touch-screen/td-p/456065
Relevancy 69.66%

I've had my Compaq since early February Today when in iTunes it began playing something I had not asked it to I clicked on pause that track stopped but the next began playing this repeated I tried to close iTunes down No joy I tried Flickering screen Content itself) (not Screen to invoke task manager and Flickering Screen Content (not screen itself) the content of the screen began to flicker flash not sureof the correct terminology Nothing was stable I could get the start menu up but could not move my mouse cursor to shut down So pressed the off key and re-booted Event log did not show anything untoward All was well till about an hour ago when the screen began this again Managed to shut down but on re-boot nothing is stable I've managed to get my virus software running and am checking but had done that this morning anyway I'm using a netbook to write this I wanted to run chkdsk but as soon as I typed 'C' on the start menu it ran something Flickering Screen Content (not screen itself) beginning with c which became not Flickering Screen Content (not screen itself) responding On the task bar I try right mouse and the menu appears briefly but I cannot get the cursor on to the menu item I can't do much at the moment as it is virus checking and it is late here in the UK so once that finishes I will turn the PC off I have no idea what this is about No new programs added a safari update whilst in iTunes yesterday I'd luckily just run a back up to my external hard drive so no data lost if anything goes wrong with the PC hard drive I'd be grateful for advice on this I won't be able to do anything until after work tomorrow but any ideas please post If any further info is needed please ask and my thanks are offered to anyone able to help

A:Flickering Screen Content (not screen itself)

Virus check ended and nothing found.

I've tried to open system restore to go back in time but the 'permission to proceed' box flashes away erraticallY (so fast as to be unreadable), and I can't access that.

It is as if something is sticking, preventing things staying on screen.

edit

Re-booted and now cannot even input my password to get into the machine. Turned off and given up. Be grateful for any advice that can get me running again.

I know I can get it repaired under warranty, but this is a replacement for a machine I bought last year, used for two weeks and it died, and then the vendor lost it after six weeks of waiting for it to be repaired so I have very little faith in them. I cannot be six weeks without a computer and then find I have to yet again install everything on a new PC and have to buy certain software yet again (it cost me just under ?100 last time to replace software that was single licence tied to the PC)

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/91175-flickering-screen-content-not-screen-itself.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Okay, I completed an update for my fingerprint scanner about two days ago and didn't restart my computer right away. I restarted my computer today and it asked me to verify my password, unnfortunately I totally forgot it. After trying many many times with no luck I decided to undo the update by going back to the time before I updated. When I restarted my computer again, my log in screen was flashing, I couldn't do ANYTHING on my computer, so I restarted it.....still nothing. I got so frustrated that I just shut down my computer or a few hours, when I got back on my computer would not boot up at all. I have a black screen, PLEEEEEEEEASE HEEEEEEEELP!!!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Log-On-Screen-Flickering-then-Black-Screen/td-p/5659089
Relevancy 69.66%

got screen fiickering, lines, hung-up yesterday; then, got same screen fiickering, then blue screen ; restsored system to before windows 7 update of 08./11/2013, system running good since ?  swithced to different monitor, didn't help;  thanks

A:flickering screen, blue screen ?

IMO...that doesn't make sense.

The apparent video problems would indicate a hardware problem of some sort...which should be totally unaffected by any reversion to an earlier restore.  Video driver updates are not critical updates...users have to elect to install those, so the idea of a bad driver being installed by Windows Update...seems to fall flat.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504416/flickering-screen-blue-screen/
Relevancy 69.66%

Screen started flickering constantly last night and goes dark when I unplug the charger, but it turns right back on when i plug it back in. What do I do?

A:My Acer S7's screen keeps flickering and screen sh...

If it were mine, I'd get BatteryInfoView from NirSoft and check the whole system. Bad battery could cause your symptoms.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-Acer-S7-s-screen-keeps-flickering-and-screen-shuts-off-when-I/td-p/464119
Relevancy 69.66%

Only user on this laptop Having porn pop and on ups, on Pop white screen screen flickering log ups I don t surf sites like that Have had problems with screen flickering or going black but if I log into my admin account where the pop up showed up the screen does not flicker The last few times I have booted my screen goes white then loads DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer Run by HerStory at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated B D - B-D C - E- FE FC C SP avast Antivirus Enabled Updated CF - -DA - FCE-A D DFB SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Pop ups, flickering screen and white screen on log on Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc Pop ups, flickering screen and white screen on log on exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE C Program Files x Pop ups, flickering screen and white screen on log on Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Launch Manager dsiwmis exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Program Files x Acer Registration GregHSRW exe C Program Files Acer Acer Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WDDMService exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WDRulesEngine exe C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WDFME exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerTray exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Windows System StikyNot exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerEvent exe C Program Files Western Digital WD SmartWare WDDMStatus exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files x EgisTec Egis Software Update EgisUpdate exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows system DllHost exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system svchost exe -k SDRSVC C Program Files Acer Acer Updater alu exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows SysWOW cmd exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows SysWOW cscript exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www igoogle com uDefault Page URL hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp m aspire amp r b l z t a uURLSearchHooks FCToolbarURLSearchHook Class b b - cf - a- db - e f f - C Program Files x MyPoints Point Finder Helper dll uURLSearchHooks H - No File mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe... Read more

A:Pop ups, flickering screen and white screen on log on

screen stops flickering if i plug in my power supply. For only a short time then screen dims.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/427966/pop-ups-flickering-screen-and-white-screen-on-log-on/
Relevancy 69.66%

My Ideapad S415 touch screen has suddenly stopped working.  I've had a tech connect to my PC and try a BIOS reload of default settings, plus unistalling all "HID" devices in Device Manager with no resolution.  I've also tried a system restore with no luck. The system properties does see the touch capability. Suggestions? Thanks.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Ideapad S415 Touch - touch screen stopped working

hi Hersh,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

First do a Power Drain 
     (If the battery is removable)
            Remove AC and Battery and hold the power button down for 15 sec.
               Turn the computer back on and see if the Touch capability is now detected under System Properties,
                  If not
         I suggest you contact Lenovo Technical Team about the Issue as this may be a device detection issue.
       Lenovo Technical Team

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Ideapad-S415-Touch-touch-screen-stopped-working/td-p/1542316
Relevancy 68.8%

I bought new, but somehow do not want to workVideo is compared, apparently just enough to buy a new cable https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj5L-1l4qzI&feature=youtu.beI bought it herehttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Ideapad-S210-New-11-6-LED-LCD-laptop-screen-with-touch-glass-/1912932...

This is a new LCD
This is a broken LCD

Moderator note: large image(s) converted to link(s):  About Posting Pictures In The Forums

A:Lenovo S210 Touch broken LCD and Touch screen

Hi Magnutus, welcome to the forums.

Please check if you Lenovo S210 is on warranty under with this tool.
After that you can open a ticket with Lenovo for the screen to be fixed, if it is not under warranty it will have a cost.

If you are the guys that like to fix it yourself (and it is not under warranty) I can recommend you to check the support site for your model, read the Hardware Maintenance Manual (on the documents area) and check how the machine is organized on the inside. On the parts lookup page you can find the parts number so you can find a replacements for the component that is giving you issues.

I hope this links helps you.
Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-S210-Touch-broken-LCD-and-Touch-screen/td-p/1851801
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello everyone, my touch screen on my lenovo ideapad z400 touch is not working anymore.  The only weird thing I remember is some ghost touchpoint on my screen. I've been looking for the answer to this issue, but it seems that Lenovo does not address this problem.  If someone has found the solution to this problem and wants to share it with me, I will be forever grateful.  

A:IdeaPad z400 Touch - Touch screen not working

I facing the same situation right now. any solution please. left side of monitor is being "touched"?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/IdeaPad-z400-Touch-Touch-screen-not-working/td-p/2225587
Relevancy 68.8%

The touchscreen stopped working suddenly on my Envy TouchSmart Sleekbook - dx At first i though it was like a normal failure and that will get fixed by turning the pc off or restarting so I did not pay attention to it until now that I screen- not touch touch... HID-compliant to working, use unable had restart my pc multiple times Currently running win I started to believe it was because of an update a few days ago since it was when the problem started but all drivers and everything is up to date I have checked for the HID-compliant Touch Screen driver and had to nbsp show hidden divices in order to find it I cannot enable it and when i check in the properties HID-compliant touch screen- not working, unable to use touch... the following message displays nbsp Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer nbsp I have no idea on how to connect or how it got disconnected I come from a similar thread but did not solve my problem I have been researching this for hours and have not found and answer Help please nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HID-compliant-touch-screen-not-working-unable-to-use/td-p/5747198
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello nbsp My Thinkpad Yoga is connected to a large display through ThenkPad docking station nbsp screen generates touch while random touch lid... Yoga Its lid is closed nbsp During my work from time to time I see random touch clicks on my screen and random opening of menus nbsp It is clear that the touch screen is active Yoga touch screen generates random touch while lid... although the lid is closed nbsp When I open the lid and still connected just to the nd display large screen display the phenomena stops nbsp Worth noting is that although only the nd display shows an image the laptop touch screen is still sensetive to touch nbsp This is I guess why the random touches show up on the screen -- it feels the keyboard not fingers nbsp I expect the touch screen to be disabled while the lid is closed or when projecting only to the nd screen nbsp The solution of opening the lid while connected to the docking station is not acceptable nbsp Lenovo's local support suggestion to disable touch for the Yoga is also not acceptable -- people purchase Yoga to get Touch nbsp nbsp A solution please nbsp Yaron

A:Yoga touch screen generates random touch while lid...

I am experiencing the very same thing.A driver/BIOS update would be very much appreciated, dear Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Yoga-touch-screen-generates-random-touch-while-lid-is-closed/td-p/1442843
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello,I am desperate for help. My laptop will turn on. And I can type in my password. But then when the computer loads it takes a very long time and when it gets to the desktop the keyboard, the mouse, the touchpad, and the touch screen won't work. I can see everything on my desktop. But I cannot open anything or do anything at all. How can I fix this?Thank you!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-mouse-touch-pad-and-touch-screen-won-t-work/td-p/5824972
Relevancy 68.8%

I want to buy this mouse to better work with my laptop.
Can somebody give me some feedback on how this glas pane works instead of a scrollwheel? Handling, etc.

A:Logitech Touch Mouse 400 for a Laptop with no touch screen

Sorry I can't answer your question, but this post piqued my interest. I use the Logitech 620 touch mouse on a Windows 7 box at work. I find a little touchy and has to tweaked. But I haven't tried the 620 on Windows 8. Because I'm always looking for the perfect mouse, I think I might just pick up the 400 tonight and let you know.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/23647-logitech-touch-mouse-400-laptop-no-touch-screen.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey everybody nbsp I just received my P last week as a replacement for another Lenovo device So far everything seems to work fine with one exception nbsp Pen... Touch P40 Yoga: ThinkPad / Touch Lenovo Screen When I turn the screen over to the tablet position the touch screen and the touch pen show erroneous behaviour a As soon as I make the first input with the touch pen I cannot make any further input with my finger so the touch input is simply turned off The Windows setting to ignore touch input when the stylus is used is not active b When I try to tap buttons at certain areas of the screen especially at the upper edge the cursor of the stylus starts jumping around and shows up at the lower edge of the screen That means that when I for example tap on the X symbol in the upper right corner to close a window I actually click on some of the symbols in the system tray in the lower right corner nbsp This problem stops occuring as soon as the angle between the two case parts screen and keyboard reaches exceeds approx It does not matter if Windows is in Tablet or Desktop Mode I already Lenovo ThinkPad P40 Yoga: Touch Screen / Touch Pen... tried to manually install another Wacom driver mentioned at https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga Wacom-Tablet-Service-for-ISD-Driver-Win and https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile P -Yoga-issues td-p I had no luck trying driver versions and nbsp I would really appreciate your help since this issue makes working in the tablet position virtually impossible nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Lenovo-ThinkPad-P40-Yoga-Touch-Screen-Touch-Pen-Issue-in-Tablet/td-p/3480881
Relevancy 67.94%

First experienced a green screen with purple vertical lines randomly about, and now the top half of my screen is completely gray. Variations of gray, light gray to a almost cool black. I haven't hit the laptop up against anything, this is strictly a home laptop so it hasn't gone in my bag and banged about at all, and I have not dropped it at all. Just a home laptop where it is on a cooling pad on a desk and hardly moved away from there, I don't know whats caused it. I have insurance on this, so can this be fixed? Or do I have to send it in for help?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP Chromebook 14 Screen

@KikiLaBrat , Hello and thank you for posting on the HP support forums. The only thing you can do with a Chromebook is to do a Powerwash.   This will reset the Chrombebook back to factory original configuration. Powerwash: Performing a Factory Reset on Your HP Chromebook or Chromebox (Chrome OS) If this fails you will need to send it in to HP for repair. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Thank you again for posting and have a great day.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Chromebook-14-Screen/td-p/4947624
Relevancy 67.51%

window 8.1 check pc info Pen and touch : No pen or touch input is available for this display No pen and touch in control panel I'm ready install drivers completed  how do I?

A:My desktop B50-30 Multi touch touch screen not wo...

Hi keerati,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

Check the Touch funtionality in OKR environment.
    Turn off the computer and Turn it back on and right away start tapping F2.
    Select Recovery. Once in the Recovery screen Test the touchscreen by touching any of the option if it will respond.

If the touchscreen works in OKR Environment, I suggest you perform a One key recovery (expect dataloss).

If the touchscreen still did not work in OKR Environment, I suggest you call Lenovo Technical Team for assistance.

Regards
Solid Cruver

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/My-desktop-B50-30-Multi-touch-touch-screen-not-working/td-p/2102387
Relevancy 67.51%

I have a kiosk on which I've just installed 8.1 pro. It has an oem touch screen manufactured by General touch (p/n st6001u). I've installed the driver and it seems to work but Windows still says "no pen or touch available". My customers using the
kiosk will need to type on screen in addition to just clicking. Is there any way to for the OS into touch mode? I believe under 7 there was an option in Windows features but I can't seem to find anything on 8. Google has been no help.
Any ideas?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5292daf1-37a7-46c6-a940-9acb7b16d2c0/touch-screen-not-detected-as-a-touch-device?forum=w8itprohardware
Relevancy 67.51%

My client told me this was a touch screen, so that is what I ordered.  HP 749970-001 touch screen display assembly.It is installed, but not recognized.  In order to use it as a touch screen, would I have to replace the motherboard too?Is there a driver available?  The display works, it is just not working as a touch screen.

Sparky

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-I-upgrade-my-notebook-from-non-touch-screen-to-touch/td-p/5664763
Relevancy 67.51%

I'm on the Driver Download page for the S400 Touch, but I have no idea which driver is for my touch screen.  There are display drivers and mouse/touchpad drivers, but neither of them say anything (at least I don't see it) about the HID touch screen.  Running Windows 7 64bit.  Any ideas?

A:S400 Touch - Driver for Touch Screen

Hi DJwhiteSquall,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are looking for the display drivers for your Lenovo S400 touch laptop.

As per the specification of this laptop  has AMD Radeon 7450M Graphics card, however please share the serial number of the laptop through private message as this help us to assist you in better way.

Click here to send the private message.   

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/S400-Touch-Driver-for-Touch-Screen/td-p/2033027
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, Just a quick question, we have one hp touch laptop model # 13-a200nx Pavilion series, and it touch has broken. I wanted to know can we replace its touch with non touch screen ? is there any availability?  Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replacement-of-Touch-Screen-With-Non-Touch-HP-Pavilion-13/td-p/5817454
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, I've recently formatted my Laptop HP Envy m7-n101dx (touch) and installed Win7  Ultimate (64 bit).  I have downloaded all drivers available on HP website and installed on my laptop.  There is only one unknown device left (acpi\msft010), and I'm unable to to find the correct driver.  My problem is I'm unable to use the touch screen of the laptop, I've googling and found that is there must be a problem with with the Human Interface Device, but when I've checked the Device Manager no Human Interface Device is on the list.  Please could anyone help me out.  Thanks in advance

A:Touch Screen of HP Envy m7-n101dx (touch)

Hello @JeffJadoo, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I understand that you are having an issue with the Touch Screen, and wanted to assist you! Did the notebook originally ship with Windows 10?  How did you go about formatting the notebook, and installing Windows 7?  You may be able to use the Recovery Manager to restore the drivers, however, based on how you installed Windows, the Recovery Partition may already be removed.  You can also try reviewing the following document, to see if the information helps: HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 8) Please post back with the results.  It is possible that the Touch Screen may not be supported for Windows 7 on that particular notebook. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-Screen-of-HP-Envy-m7-n101dx-touch/td-p/5562972
Relevancy 67.51%

Touch screen on our HP Pavilion 23ST Touch All in One PC P2N42AVstopped working after about 6 months. I reimaged and restored it back to original system. To make sure nothing waschanged by any updates that may have been done.I cannot see any options in device manager for the touch screen.Everything else is working just fine but no touch screen functionality. doing F2 and trying component test. Touch screen isn't there.It is like it disappeared.   This id used in a business and it was working 18:00and the next morning nothing.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/touch-screen-on-our-HP-Pavilion-test-Touch-All-in-One-PC/td-p/5732174
Relevancy 67.51%

The touch-screen monitors are probably more expensive than your regular LCD Monitor...

A:Will anyone buy a touch-screen monitor just to use the touch feature?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824205010Just a little more expensive. I think I would get one?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/187655/will-anyone-buy-a-touch-screen-monitor-just-to-use-the-touch-feature/
Relevancy 67.08%

I purchased a chromebook last week and sometimes when I am using it the screen goes black for a couple of seconds, then continues as normal. As far as I can tell this is nothing I am pressing, is this a fault with the machine itself? how do I fix this? thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Chromebook-screen-issues/td-p/5842792
Relevancy 66.22%

I have owned an Acer Chromebook for a few weeks now but since about a week it does the following nbsp I am typing text and suddenly the screen blanks out Audio video keeps paying in the background normally and also keyboard entry is captured normally but does not turn on the screen Sliding over the trackpad sometimes turns the screen back on but sometimes I also need to close the lid and open it to turn the screen back on While the screen is blank I can see that the backlight remains on nbsp Since using the trackpad to move the mouse pointer turns on the screen again I don't think that this is a hw error Also this seems to have started to occur with the update to Chrome OS nbsp Official 14 Chromebook screen blanking randomly Build -bit Prior to Chromebook 14 screen blanking randomly this release my Chromebook did not do this nbsp Are others seeing the same behaviour or is this still some kind of HW problem and should I return my Chromebook under warranty nbsp

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Chromebook-14-screen-blanking-randomly/td-p/464333
Relevancy 66.22%

I purchased my chromebook nearly two months ago and it was operating fine until four nights ago when I closed the lid for about 5 minutes and when I reopened it the screen is black. It seems to be in constant sleep mode. The blue light is on and itīs fully charged. I tried a hard rest but it didnt solve my problem. Can anyone help me please?

A:Acer Chromebook 11-CB3 111 Black Screen

Are you getting any lights or activity at all? Do you see the charging light come on when you plug in the AC Adapter?
Could you try holding down ESC and the Refresh Key (like F3) and then hitting the power button?

Cory

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Acer-Chromebook-11-CB3-111-Black-Screen/td-p/410739
Relevancy 66.22%

The entire screen of my CB is washed in pink,

A:Pink screen on Acer Chromebook 15 CB5-571. How do ...

Usually a color cast to the screen is due to a cable not fully seated,and often is followed by a blank screen when the cable falls the rest of the way out...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Pink-screen-on-Acer-Chromebook-15-CB5-571-How-do-I-fix-this/td-p/427656/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

The entire screen of my CB is washed in pink,

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Pink screen on Acer Chromebook 15 CB5-571. How do ...

Yes, the repair was covered by the warranty!!  I contacted the manufacturer, they started a repair ticket, I shipped it to Acer for repair and within 2 weeks (maybe less) it was shipped back and fixed!  It is still working perfectly and I am very happy with my Chromebook.  Call Acer and carefully follow their shipping instructions to return it for them to repair.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Pink-screen-on-Acer-Chromebook-15-CB5-571-How-do-I-fix-this/td-p/427656
Relevancy 66.22%

When I turn on my Chromebook, the screen goes all dark and then slowly starts getting lighter until it gets way too bright. Changing the brightness doesn't do anything. The mouse isn't on the screen, not that I can see anything that I can click because some of the screen is so bright that it is white. I've tried turning it off and popping out the battery. I have no idea what is wrong with it or what to do. Thank you!

A:Chromebook screen goes dark then goes all white

That sounds suspiciously like a hardware problem. If you are in warranty contact Acer support and they'll get you fixed up.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Chromebook-screen-goes-dark-then-goes-all-white/td-p/427065/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an Acer Chromebook 15 which works well and I love it.  However, the text on the screen shows up all weird. Text will be overwritten by other text, all smashed together, etc. I have set and reset the text size in settings. I can resolve the issue by using control + or - to resize the screen and that usually stretches every thing out so it looks good, but still there will be some items of text overwriting other text. It is kind of annoying to have to size and resize each screen, every time I go to a new screen. My Chrome OS is up to date and I have had no other problems with the laptop. What am I (or the Chromebook) doing wrong?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Text-on-Screen-of-my-Acer-Chromebook-15/td-p/460990
Relevancy 66.22%

There is a small spot on the top left of the screen that becomes very hot within 10 seconds of startup.  I notied after I smelled burning and saw a small smoky spot appear after about 15 minutes of use.  It even melted the casing on the other side and left an oval dimple.The charger is not plugged in.  It is on a flat surface.  It cools down immediately upon shutdown.Glad I noticed.  It seemed like it was hot enough to potentially catch fire. Anyone else have this issue?Any suggestions as to what it might and the solution? Thank you.

A:Chromebook CB3111 screen is overheating

bobmorales,

It sounds like that unit needs to get looked at for sure, and I would like to see if there is anything that I can do to help, would you please PM (private message) me the following information?

SNID or serial numberContact nameContact numberEmail addressShipping addressPurchase dateSymptoms: There is a small spot on the top left of the screen that becomes very hot within 10 seconds of start-up.  I noticed after I smelled burning and saw a small smoky spot appear after about 15 minutes of use.  It even melted the casing on the other side and left an oval dimple. The charger is not plugged in.  It is on a flat surface.  It cools down immediately upon shutdown.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Chromebook-CB3111-screen-is-overheating/td-p/403279/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

I purchased my chromebook nearly two months ago and it was operating fine until four nights ago when I closed the lid for about 5 minutes and when I reopened it the screen is black. It seems to be in constant sleep mode. The blue light is on and itīs fully charged. I tried a hard rest but it didnt solve my problem. Can anyone help me please?

A:Acer Chromebook 11-CB3 111 Black Screen

Are you getting any lights or activity at all? Do you see the charging light come on when you plug in the AC Adapter?
Could you try holding down ESC and the Refresh Key (like F3) and then hitting the power button?

Cory

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Acer-Chromebook-11-CB3-111-Black-Screen/td-p/410739/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.22%

When I turn on my Chromebook, the screen goes all dark and then slowly starts getting lighter until it gets way too bright. Changing the brightness doesn't do anything. The mouse isn't on the screen, not that I can see anything that I can click because some of the screen is so bright that it is white. I've tried turning it off and popping out the battery. I have no idea what is wrong with it or what to do. Thank you!

A:Chromebook screen goes dark then goes all white

That sounds suspiciously like a hardware problem. If you are in warranty contact Acer support and they'll get you fixed up.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/Chromebook-screen-goes-dark-then-goes-all-white/td-p/427065
Relevancy 65.79%

My C710 chromebook screen flickers all the time constantly. Do I need to replace the screen?

A:My C710 chromebook screen flickers all the time co...

I suggest you to perform a power resetUnplug the AC adapter from your notebook.Turn the notebook over to remove the battery.Turn the notebook back over and open it. Hold down the power button for 30 seconds, then release the power button.Turn the notebook back over and slide the battery back into place.Slide the lock tab back into the lock position. Turn over the notebook one last time and plug in your AC adapter.Turn on your notebook. If issue persists, perfrom a power wash :Use the following steps to perform a factory rest on your Chrome device:Click the status area in the lower-right corner, where your account picture appears.Select Settings and click Show advanced settings at the bottom of the page.Find the "Factory Reset" section and click Reset.In the dialogue box that opens, select Restart..

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/My-C710-chromebook-screen-flickers-all-the-time-constantly-Do-I/td-p/303438
Relevancy 64.93%

I bought a Lenovo G50-80 Touch Laptop, but for some reason the touchscreen is disabled and it also says that it doesn't have touchscreen on it.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G50-80-Touch-Touch-Screen-isn-t-working/td-p/3324184
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi All, some one pls help me.
1.  On my touch screen - left top corner the volume screen shown 0. This is reduced automatically.
2. The touch pad is not working - I am not able to move the cursor but can click where ever it is placed.
3. The keyboard on tablet mode is also not working.

this happened all of the sudden. Is there any virus or some issues with software. Pls help i am really need of a solution here.

Mod's Edit: Additional information added to Subject line for clarity of issue and moved posting to it own thread.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Touch-screen-and-Touch-pad-problems/td-p/3439796
Relevancy 64.93%

So I have got a Lenovo Y50-70 with 15.6" 3840x2160 UHD Touch Display for about two years now. I've accidentaly dropped my backpack, while the laptop was in it and cracked it's screen so I need to replace it. The screen in the cracked part is working as it was working before the accident, the crack is on the glass. So I was wondering if I can replace my 15.6" 3840x2160 UHD Touch Display with a 15.6" 1920x1080 FHD Non-touch Display? Is it possible?I've read that whether screen you are changing, its working depends on the quantity of pins on the Video signal connector. 

14805592_1377320382293084_1940252874_n.jpg ?54 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Replace-Y50-70-UHD-touch-screen-with-FHD-non-touch/td-p/3462229
Relevancy 64.5%

So this has happened twice in the last two or three weeks or so and tbh -- I am constantly in fear that it will happen again and somehow cause lasting damage to my system the components of which I haven t had for very long I might add Though the memory sticks and hard drives are by no means new I m still kinda in shock that this is happening at all and whether this Screen Flickering is a problem with hardware or drivers or software or whatever it may be Flickering Screen I have noted that when this problem occurs the sound continues to innocuously play like Flickering Screen there is nothing wrong whatsoever Also the screen flickers constantly but apart from that does not appear any different Flickering Screen than it does in the picture It will do this until I hold the power button in to force a reboot and then restart the computer -- whereupon it acts like nothing at all has happened and wishes me to ignore it s random and uncontrolled fits of bright colours and bad timing What do you guys reckon here I just wanna get this issue out of the way so I can check it off my list Thanks guys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flickering-screen.1165352/
Relevancy 64.5%

Help I think I'm infected originally lost the use of the usb ports and had to do a clean boot but now I keep getting a flickering screen and mouse pointer and mouse locks up occassionly Ran Pandasecurity active scan and found infection and deleted also ran Malwarebytes and Spybot and nothing found Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm exeC Screen Flickering Help Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exeC Program Files ltmoh ltmoh exeC Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities KeNotify exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files HP Optical Button USB Mouse Kmaestro exeC Program Files Microsoft Games Solitaire Solitaire exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exeC Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exeC Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system sdclt exeC Program Files AOL waol exeC Program Files AOL shellmon exeC Users Ronald Desktop New Folder Help Flickering Screen HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com Help Flickering Screen fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstartR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - Help Flickering Screen HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exeO - HKLM Run SVPWUTIL C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities SVPWUTIL exe SVPwUTILO - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run PINGER C TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exe runO - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exeO - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exeO - HKLM Run KeNotify C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities KeNotify exeO - HKLM Run HWSetup C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities HWSetup exe hwSetUPO - HKLM Run MSConfig quot C Windows system msconfig exe quot autoO - HKLM Run BtcMouseMaestro quot C Program Files HP Optical Button USB Mouse KMaestro exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKCU Run AOL Fast Start quot C Program Files AOL AOL EXE quot -bO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button ieSpell - E D B - ... Read more

A:Help Flickering Screen

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199239/help-flickering-screen/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello everyone:

I will try to describe my problem as simply as I can:

1) I have 2 monitors (1 screen hooked up to my Dell Inspiron Notebook)
2) My screens "flickering" is actually a problem where a section of the screen is enlarged for a few milliseconds before turning back to normal size.
3) I turned off TTM, but to no avail =(
4) I don't know if this has to do with my refresh rate

Can someone help me please???

Thanks! =)

PkMark

A:Screen Flickering... Help?

Oh, and also, when I set the position of my screens to reflect where they are in actuality, the screens always reset themselves to their default positions... Can you help me with that too?

Thanks again! ^^

http://www.vistax64.com/software/151639-screen-flickering-help.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm not sure it's the monitor itself, or the computer. The screen dims very slightly (barely enough to notice) then goes back to normal. It's been doing this for a half hour. And was perfectly fine earlier.

Oh, and it's an E-machines flat panel monitor. I am on XP.

Relevancy 64.5%

Help I think I'm been infected Originally lost use of usb ports and had to do a clean boot Now etc screen flickering Help I have a flickering screen and mouse and the mouse locks somtimes Ran Pandasecurity active scan and found infections and deleted Also ran Malwarebytes and Spybot both showed system clean Thanks in advance for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows Help flickering screen etc system Help flickering screen etc Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files ltmoh ltmoh exe C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities KeNotify exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP Optical Button USB Mouse Kmaestro exe C Program Files Microsoft Games Solitaire Solitaire exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynToshiba exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system sdclt exe C Program Files AOL waol exe C Program Files AOL shellmon exe C Users Ronald Desktop New Folder HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www toshibadirect com dpdstart R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll file missing O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run SynTPStart C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe O - HKLM Run SVPWUTIL C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities SVPWUTIL exe SVPwUTIL O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run PINGER C TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exe run O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run LtMoh C Program Files ltmoh Ltmoh exe O - HKLM Run KeNotify C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities KeNotify exe O - HKLM Run HWSetup C Program Files TOSHIBA Utilities HWSetup exe hwSetUP O - HKLM Run MSConfig quot C Windows system msconfig exe quot auto O - HKLM Run BtcMouseMaestro quot C Program Files HP Optical Button USB Mouse KMaestro exe quot O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKCU Run AOL Fast Start quot C Program Files AOL AOL EXE quot -b O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User 'LOCAL SERVICE' O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User 'NETWORK SERVICE' O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ... Read more

A:Help flickering screen etc

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/help-flickering-screen-etc-340901.html
Relevancy 64.5%

dont konw what caused this. its shaking violently to the left and the right. i had to replace the monitor last year for somewhat similar problems, the display looked like it was melting. is there anyway i can check this myself? i hope the video card isn't fried.

Relevancy 64.5%

so i purchased HD xfx 7850 2GB. and CM 625 extreme 2 psu.. total 19k(345 dollars)

i have some issues.

my screen is flickering somewhat during boot up and in games.

any ideas why it would b?

A:New GPU-Screen flickering

wohoo..

200+ views and no replies.

Plz, help...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/277367-new-gpu-screen-flickering.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey guys, My screen is flickering. Here is a screencap I took. I have Win7 and Xp installed, doesnt do this in Xp, is it video card driver problems? I have a Geforce 7900GT, with a dell 3007fwp monitor.

thank you.

A:Screen Flickering!?!

Hi,

Just update your Graphics/video card drivers. It will resolve the issue !

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/58280-screen-flickering.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a HP Pavilion g model g - ca Over the last few months I had small amounts of flicker when laptop was moved giving it a tap or opening closing screen more resolves it at least for awhile it has increasingly gotten worst and worst Right off the bat to me that means a ribbon in the screen or a lose cord is the culprit I m not a total useless computer user but at the same time not confident to take it all apart and deal with it myself although if I had to I could screen HP flickering So I took it in to a local small computer repair place He said he took a LCD screen from another computer which was known to be working fine and put it on mine and the flickering continued so he said the screen isn t the issue it has to be HP screen flickering the Hard Drive Which if it is its not worth fixing as this is a hundred dollar computer and is years old Even being years old its never had issues with lagging slow loading program issues its reliable and not glitchy at all never has been I did recently buy a brand new asus transformer laptop a few months ago and I hate the damn thing It s slow glitchy really not user friendly It seems as if they make newer computers cheaper and cheaper I really don t want to embark on that journey of trying to get a mid grade computer that actually works I want to try to fix my HP since I do enjoy actually using it That said I just don t trust that its a Hard Drive issue and I took video and posted it on youtube I will post link its a short second video it just shows how lightly tapping the screen helps the flickering how could that be due to HD Makes no sense it only makes sense to me that its the screen or a cord to the screen And since its been to the shop it does seem less sensitive to moving it around so him taking it apart must have helped a bit I would very much appreicate any ideas or suggestions or help Thanks https www youtube com watch v J IXTBE Uvo nbsp

A:HP screen flickering

it's not the hard disk,,, it's something wrong with then flex cable on your LCD..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-screen-flickering.1151717/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello!

The bottom part of my screen is flickering in rainbow colors. It just happened to me twice now.. Once 2 days ago and it happened again an hour ago. I have no idea how this happened! What could be wrong with it tho?? I am scared its an issue with the video card :(

Thanks in advance,

Sara

ps. I have a samsung ultrabook series 9

A:Screen flickering

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

How old is the laptop?

Sounds like it's a bad connection to the motherboard or as you suggested a failing video card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/screen-flickering-1124586.html
Relevancy 64.5%

After loading the internet explorer version 9 beta I noticed some adds flicker and are not visible on my msn home screen. Some are also flickering and not visible. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on an HP Pavilion Entertainment Laptop. I have uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Flash Player and tried to change the refresh rate (not possible on this machine). Some videos (news) play fine some (youtube) do not.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks,
Doug4566

A:Flickering on screen

I checked on a post about IE 9.0 and learned how to back out 9.0. This completely fixed the flickering problem so I think it definately was 9.0. I am staying with 8.0.
Doug4566

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/flickering-on-screen-518683.html
Relevancy 64.5%

My computer screen at work has been hurting my eyes now for months. It hadn't done so for the first 8 months I worked there. But for the past two months it looks like everything is flickering.

I asked the boss' son (23 yr old who seems to know a lot about computers), and he says he doesn't see it flickering! I asked my boss and she said ask her son!

My screen at home is perfect, so it is not that my eyes have gone bad.

The screen at work looks almost like everything is concave (is that the right word?). Like the words are scooped in towards the computer instead of flat. I'm wondering if that is the problem, but I have no idea how to fix that.

What can I do to correct this problem? Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Sue

Relevancy 64.5%

hello. I have a dell inspirion 13 7000 series and have been experiencing A LOT OF FLICKERING. 
I looked at previous post and attempted to change my battery saving options, doing some kind of screen test, and more. It's starting to get really frustrating when I have a lot of reading and work to do for school. 
If I can get any advice it would be great, if not I am going to a tech center at school or geek squad at best buy. 

A:flickering screen

Please list Dell model number and version of windows. Example: Dell Inspiron 7368, windows 10
In the meantime, I believe the "flickering" might be happening because of a corrupt (Video) driver, therefore I'd suggest you update the driver in device manager.
In device manager, stroll down to Display Adapters and then expand it. Right click driver and then update it.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19996392
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi I think i have down loaded something by mistake as now my screen keeps flickering like someone blinking, also when i press the start command and then programs it doesn't stay on long enough for me to click onto anything else for me to open, any help greatly appreciated please. Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+, x86 Family 15 Model 75 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3583 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON X700 SE, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152624 MB, Free - 95056 MB;
Motherboard: Acer, EM61SM/EM61PM
Antivirus: PC Cleaner Pro, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Disabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flickering-and-more.1113709/
Relevancy 64.5%

In need of some help ASAP!!!

I was on MS Word last night and as I opened up a new document page this Win Antispyware program started to download. It loaded onto my desktop as well as on the taskbar.

Ever since then, my windows keep flickering in and out and when I do system restarts none of the taskbar icons load up only the volume bar does.

What should I do?

A:Help!!! XP flickering screen?

Seems like a spyware or trojan attack ( Trojan.WinAntiSpyware/WinAntiVirus 2006.Process) .

Try accessing your task manager (if can), and see this process ACTIVATE.EXE exist. End it first.

Then Run a full scan using your antivirus and download http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html and scan as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-xp-flickering-screen.626544/
Relevancy 64.5%

Severe  flickering at intermittent intervals tried restore, still there, updated drivers for display and graphics. Updated eveything today and STILL flickering. Help please!!!!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Flickering-screen/td-p/5621650
Relevancy 64.5%

I have pavillion g6 2231tx. I am using it since 3 years. Since last one year I am facing this problem. Laptop screen flickers at some angle, if I adjust the screen angle then it stops but now it has become worst. Is there any way to fix it by myself? I don't want to go to service centers because I know they have only one solution i.e., change the display. And it will be very costly.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/screen-flickering/td-p/5835106
Relevancy 64.5%

I wonder if anyone could help me with this problem.
My laptop Dell Inspiron M5010 wont start up properly. I can see the screen when i switch it on but the text is really hard to read and it is flickering. This also happens when i go into the bios settings.
i plugged it into an external monitor but it was also the same problem.
Is there any advice from anyone about fixing this problem? I have uploaded pictures of what the screen looks like at start up if that helps.
Thanks very much 

A:Flickering screen

Does this occur in Safe Mode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560261/flickering-screen/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, I was carrying my laptop the other day and tripped, dropping it on the floor, it seem alright at first but lately the screen has a lot of white lines that flicker most of the time, sometimes filling the whole screen and sometimes it just fills up completely with non flickering lines and just seems to freeze untill you nudge the screen, is this fixable or am i going to have to backup all my files quickly and start saving for a new one. I'm not intending on fixing it myself as I don't know what Im doing but it would really give me peace of mind to know I didnt completely break my laptop. Thankyou in advance to anyone that replies

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flickering-screen.710268/
Relevancy 64.5%

My internet pages have started flickering Dont know why If someone could check my log and see if ive picked up something nasty would be most appreciative flickering keeps screen Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv screen keeps flickering exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA screen keeps flickering exe C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C HP KBD screen keeps flickering KBD EXE C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files D-Link D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Adapter Utility DWLGTI EXE C Program Files PokerChamps PokerChamps exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www tiscali co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN GB amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN GB amp c Q amp bd presario amp pf desktop O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run ATIPTA C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run StartFoxie C Program Files Foxie Suite StartFoxie exe O - HKLM Run WinVNC quot C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe quot -servicehelper O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run Creative Detector C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe R O - Global Startup D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Adapter Utility lnk C Program Files D-Link D-Link AirPlus G Wireless Adapter Utility DWLGTI EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbars Restrictions present O - HKLM Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbars Restrictions present O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item amp Translate English Word - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmwordtrans html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate Page into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun... Read more

Relevancy 64.5%

My computer has possibly been infected Screen flickering as it Screen flickering has started behaving strangely Whenever I type on the keyboard switch open windows or open program the screen flickers as if snapshots of the screen are being taken At least that is what it feels like I have tried Sophos Malwarebytes AGV Spybot Kaspersky and a few other programs but the Screen flickering problem persists THere are no unusual processes running in the task manager at least nothing that I can detect as unusual Any help would be greatly appreciated Here is the log from FRST Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by ggskospl administrator on GGSKOSPL-ELITE - - Running from C Users ggskospl Downloads Loaded Profiles jacox amp pcmaint amp ggskospl amp Available Profiles jacox amp pcmaint amp ggskospl Platform Windows Professional Service Pack X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com Screen flickering forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM stacsv exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Windows System hpservice exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe Wacom Technology Corp C Program Files WTouch WTouchService exe Andrea Electronics Corporation C Program Files IDT WDM AESTSr exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe Sierra Wireless Inc C Program Files x Sierra Wireless Inc Gobi QDLService GobiQDLService exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW svchost exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Services IPT jhi service exe PDF Complete Inc C Program Files x PDF Complete pdfsvc exe C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe TuneUp Software C Program Files x TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesService exe ArcSoft Inc C Windows SysWOW ArcVCapRender uArcCapture exe Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE Microsoft Corp C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVCM EXE Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqWmiEx exe TuneUp Software C Program Files x TuneUp Utilities TuneUpUtilitiesApp exe Intel Corporation C Program Files Intel BluetoothHS BTHSAmpPalService exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel BluetoothHS BTHSSecurityMgr exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Power Assistant HPPA Service exe Hewlett-Packard Company C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Support Framework HPSA Service exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe IDT Inc C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe AVG Technologies CZ s r o C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System wisptis exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform OSPPSVC EXE C Program Files AutoHotkey AutoHotkey exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows splwow exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System UI Detect exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dinotify exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Sophos Limited C Program Files x Sophos Sophos Anti-Virus Web Control swc service exe Sophos Limited C Program Files x Sophos Sopho... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588203/screen-flickering/
Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS graphics card, Asus VW222 Monitor, Intel Core Duo 2 2.67GHz with 2 gig of Ram. Running Win 7

Every Since I loaded Win 7 and installed the graphic's card the monitor appears to not function correctly. Boots up in blue and black lines and yellow tint and if I'm lucky to make it through to the password screen and actually into the desktop, it is also yellow tint here and flicking flat out to the point where I can hardly see what is going on to turn it back off again.

I have trying swapping the graphic card over with another exact same model as mine, one my bother had and still have the same problem. I have checked to try? Any ideas!! Seems bizzar the monitor would flash now only when I have changed from Vista to Win 7, so I'm no overly convinced it would be the monitor as the problem?

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi nbsp My screen is flickering on and off and it is driving me nuts This started a couple of months Off Flickering On Screen and ago but I haven't used my computer much it had so many problems However I can't opt out of nbsp using it Screen Flickering On and Off now nbsp The screen will go black and then flicker on It seems to happen most when the charger is not connected I know you are not supposed to leave the charger connected for long periods but at the moment it seems to be doing better when it is plugged in I think it is flickering because it thinks it needs to go to sleep Or maybe the wires connecting to the screen are not good nbsp This computer has never been good at detecting tablet vs laptop mode and rotating Thus I haven't used it much for that Recently I also tried to use it in the other mode maybe that confused it nbsp nbsp Thanks I got this in Nov apparently and it is out of warranty nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Screen-Flickering-On-and-Off/td-p/3431729
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi there - My wife is having trouble with her Desktop PC - there a constant flickering that can be seen all over the screen - She describes it as "interference"

Its got Radeon X1300 series card because she plays Sims2 on it. I'm currently updating the drivers on it - but it seems to be a more intermittent problem.
Has anyone got any ideas???

Cheers - Steve

A:TFT Screen flickering

If it is not under warranty....re-seat the Video Card and blow the slot out before putting it back....

Also re-seat the monitor cables and check for any damage.

Re-install the video card drivers and chack for any updates

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tft-screen-flickering.559869/
Relevancy 64.5%

All of a sudden my screen started flickering for no reason when i turned it on its a samsung hdtv conected via vga. the boot screen flickers and the os does also, except video thats playing in vlc player so i dont reckon its the screen at fault because watching tv is fine. any ideas??? oh and iv just upgraded the graphics card driver to the latest one from the Nvidia site.

any help would be appreciated.
Win XP SP3, AMD Athlon XP 2400+ 512MB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce4 440, HDTV Via VGA

Relevancy 64.5%

Ok I have been having this issue ever sines I upgraded my computer when ever I have my steam chat window over a game I can see almost transparent lines just running threw the screen this happens to a lot of things like when I look at a dark area in a game or have a window overlap a game ( Does not happen all the time.) This also seems to happen after the computers been on for about 20 minutes. Yes i did reinstall my drivers and I did make sure my monitor cable is plugged in right and my screen refresh rate is 60 Mhz and i do have my computer overclocked but it did it even before it was overclocked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flickering.906985/
Relevancy 64.5%

Can someone tell me what is wrong with my monitor when it flickers.
I made a llittle movie of it on my digital camera. It also shows a line going thru it.
I don't see that line on the monitor just to look at it, but it showed up on the little movie.
Sorry if its dark.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v11/kurlylox/?action=view&current=TruckPIctures629.flv

Relevancy 64.5%

Hello, from last 2 weeks ago. I have bought a new tower with Windows 8.1 on it. I have already owned the monitor before I got the tower.
But, I am having problems with the Screen Flickering. It only flicks like a shave (transparent grey bar shave), it does it every minute.. but not all the time.

My Graphics Card is successfully up-to-date, I have to do a check and update all the other devices to see if this problem was solved. But, it didn't.

My Graphics Card is: AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics
For more information about my Specs, please click it below that says "My System Specs".

Thank you for reading!

Regards,
~Benjamin123

A:Screen Flickering

Are you using the correct refresh rate for your monitor in Control Panel? Check in Control panel // Appearance and Personalization // Adjust screen resolution > Advanced Settings > Monitor Tab > Screen Refresh Rate (I'm pretty sure your monitor uses 60 Hz, if it's already on that make it higher).

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/39151-screen-flickering.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Computer Model M17x-R2
Processor Intel Core i7
System Chipset Mobile Intel PM55
Memory 8GB
Graphic 1GB Nvidia
Window 7 Home Premium<64 bits>
Hard Drive 1TB

I have a problem with my window system i think.
When i open the laptop, the flickering screen was showing up on login page and the password bar was not showing up.
I can open my laptop with safe mode but when i started with normal mode,
the flickering screen is always showing up. After I restarted 2 or 3 times,
the safe mode has not even shown anymore. At the very first time, when i
got the flickering screen, i waited for few minutes and it said the memory
is not enough to operate(something like that).
It started happening last night.

If u guys can help out, i will really appreciate your helps.
Cheers
Kaung

A:Flickering Screen

This is just a stab, but i think your GFX card may be failing. Its something i see in my shop every day. It would work in safe mode somewhat due to the fact that the gfx card isnt being pushed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399205/flickering-screen/
Relevancy 64.5%

Laptop - Asus - screen flickers when on battery power.

Does not flicker when plugged in. Updated drivers but still happening.

Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flickering-screen.980495/