Windows Support Forum

Avira icon on system tray not showing

Q: Avira icon on system tray not showing

I have a laptop with win 10 pro installed. And after about 4 days not using it now the tray icon of avira is missing. But when check on task manager the avira is still working and when i search "avira" and click it the avira windows showed up and the feature there like "update" is still working. Please help.

http://www.tenforums.com/antivirus-firewalls-system-security/66469-avira-icon-system-tray-not-showing.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Avira icon on system tray not showing

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 91.59%

Ok Thank you guys in advanced before I start So for some odd reason today on one of my laptops my wifi seems to not be working Usually I like to go and look at my wifi signal to see Wifi icon system system not tray. showing in up what Im connected to as soon as I boot m computer Well this time I started it up and the wifi system icon will not show up Of course I go to customize to see if its disabled and if I can enable it Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. Well the option doesn't even show up I restarted the computer and even used system restore nothing seems to work I ran a wireless network troubleshoot and it says Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. the problem cant be resolved Im on one of my other laptops because I cant access the internet on the laptop So can anyone help me at all Im new to this forum I think but I do have FRST so if anybody has an idea please let me know I will provide all the information I can if you tell Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray. me what i need to get

A:Wifi system icon not showing up in system tray.

Have you checked Device Manager?  Are there any problems noted with the wifi connection there?
Have you tried:
- downloading a fresh copy of the wifi driver from the manufacturer's website
- uninstalling the current wifi software/drivers
- installing the freshly downloaded drivers?

Have you tried to reset tcp, ip, and winsock?
From an elevated Command Prompt run (and press Enter after each command.  Reboot when done):
netsh int tcp reset
netsh int ip reset
netsh winsock reset

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579005/wifi-system-icon-not-showing-up-in-system-tray/
Relevancy 91.16%

I searched to see if anyone addresses this issue and didn't find a thread for my exact problem, pardon me if I missed it...

I used to have a bluetooth icon showing in my system tray/notification area, which was a nice convenience. It disappeared within the past week or so, I think with the last big update. I made a tile for it on my start menu, so this is not the end of the world, but it bugs me that if I go into bluetooth settings, I have it checked to show the icon in the notification area, but it doesn't show... Does anybody know why this is and whether I might be able to actually have it show? thanks!

A:Bluetooth icon not showing in system tray/notification area?

Try here:

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/50029-bluetooth-icon-not-showing-system-tray-notification-area.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello this is my first time to post something in here I ve read from your forums that ALCMTR EXE is a malware I was like quot Really How come Isn t it for problem shown tray with not and icon ALCMTR.EXE in Avira Realtek Audio or something quot problem with ALCMTR.EXE and Avira icon not shown in tray Now I am hoping to put all doubts aside I decided to post my logs here For the record I tried downloading dds scr and run it but I encountered a security alert from COMODO For some reason I do not know what happened next Anyway I was sort of pissed about it so here I am I don t know how to remove ALCMTR safely and I wonder why does my comodo and avira tray icon suddenly disappear and reappear at random times of the day No they re not hiding and reappearing they are really disappearing and reappearing because Taskmgr is telling me they re both running from the background I ran rkill first before Malwarebytes Thank you Check out these logs Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cmdagent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Blue Coat K Web Protection k filter exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System TUProgSt exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Panda USB Vaccine USBVaccine exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ping exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXE D Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ph rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sp http ph yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ph yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ph yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http ph rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http ph yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - D PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray quot C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe quot O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds quot C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe quot O - HKLM Run Persistence quot C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe quot O - HKLM Run RTHDCPL quot RTHDCPL EXE quot O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe quot min O - HKLM Run COMODO Internet Security quot C Program Files COMODO COMODO Internet Security cfp exe quot -h O - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe auto O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot syste... Read more

A:problem with ALCMTR.EXE and Avira icon not shown in tray

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/425368 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425368/problem-with-alcmtrexe-and-avira-icon-not-shown-in-tray/
Relevancy 82.56%

I am havig some system tray icon problems after installing anti-virus and spyware software. Looking for a fix for the disappearing system tray icons at initial start-up. Quick fix--log off and on again--icons reappear where they should. I am told that this disappearing activity is due to a Windows XP "BUG". What a problem! Any ideas for a secure, lasting fix out there? After the spyware and antivirus software installation, the computer star-up time is now really SLOW too. The software launches seems to be in conflict with each other, or something. Have emachine--T3406, Windows XP Home 2002, Service Pack 2. 1.23 GB RAM.

Thanks, ComputerMaven

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/exited-monitor-system-tray-icon-and-can-not-bring-back-to-system-tray-after-exit.616128/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello, I am new to SevenForums

Anyway so up until the beginning of the month my networking tray icon was working fine, showing the bars that show for WiFi and stuff... but now it just shows the LAN connection icon with a red "X" on top of it...

System Specs

Windows 7 Home Premium x64 SP1
6GB of RAM
AMD E-350 Processor 1.60 GHz

A:Tray Icon for Network always showing a red X?

Lets try flushing DNS cache and renewing your IP.

Flush the DNS cache and restore MS's Hosts file ...
Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.

@Echo on
pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc
attrib -h -s -r hosts
echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS
attrib +r +h +s hosts
popd
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ip reset all
shutdown -r -t 1
del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop. Right click on the flush.bat file to run it as Administrator.

Your computer will reboot itself.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/220947-tray-icon-network-always-showing-red-x.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I am helping a friend that has a Dell desktop computer that is set up with a Verizon wireless router so that his house has a secured network He is also using an Dell Inspiron laptop I have set up his printer so that it has wireless connectivity My question is that When I go start and look up the tree I find no quot Connect To quot which Internet Connectivity In Showing Tray Icon I would think should offer available wireless networks to select from There is also NO ICON in the tray the little monitors to show that he is online The strange thing is that all works and his connectivity Icon In Tray Showing Internet Connectivity is fine What do I need to do so that I can have the icons for connectivity show in the tray and also for a listing above help my computer search etc when you click on start I ve worked with lots of computers but never seen one to work like this Thanks for any and all help Steve Bell

A:Icon In Tray Showing Internet Connectivity

Easy fixes .

To enable the Connect To listing: Right-click on Start, click on Properties. Click Customize button on Start Menu tab, then click Advanced tab. Scroll down to Network Connections, put mark in Display As Connect To Menu.

To enable the connection icon: Go to Connection, right-click, select Properties. General tab. Put check mark in Show Icon...., click OK.

Should take care of it (I hope).

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159048/icon-in-tray-showing-internet-connectivity/
Relevancy 76.97%

in the tray at the right hand bottom side of the screen I usually have my Wireless internet Icon and its just suddenly disappeared I am still connected to the internet but I like to see my connection speed and strength I tray showing Network not Icon Wireless in have no idea how to get it back there I Wireless Network Icon not showing in tray ve tried going to show all connections - gt then right clicking my wireless then propeties and turning on quot show icon in notification area Wireless Network Icon not showing in tray when connected quot that dosen t work I ve also tried the classic drag and drop method but it wont let me Wireless Network Icon not showing in tray drop it into the right-hand side The icon just isn t there anymore its driving me insane I can still see it in network places but i want it back in the tray i m sure this seems abit silly to some people Anyone got any suggestions Also i m using Windows XP Edit I also forgot to say I got rid of an MSN virus that I was dumb enough to accept its the one that says quot is this REALLY YOU then a zip file comes called Picts-XXXX X random number I got rid of it by deleting a file The file was called Jucheck it was trying to hide itself as being a java file and if anyone needs to know how to kill that annoying virus just go to start gt run gt type REGEDIT gt click ok gt then HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run and delete the file called jucheck its location thing should be quot System dllcache jucheck exe quot the restart your computer then delete the rest of the pict files in your C Windows folder also go here HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control and change quot WaitToKillServiceTimeout quot quot quot to quot WaitToKillServiceTimeout quot quot quot and it should be gone lt --- im only saying this because I know how annoying it is nbsp

Relevancy 76.54%

Hello I dont have memory problem in vista but as i run the application above it works well but after it has finished automatically restart - I do not see the memory results icon on the task bar - Also I do not tool diagnostics tray showing memory icon not see the action on event viewer The only thing I get in event viewer concerning memory test event is this Code Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Schedule Date -Oct- AM Event ID Task Category None Level Information Keywords User AMIRVS amir Computer AmirVS Description The Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool scheduled the testing of the computer's memory to run immediately memory diagnostics tool tray icon not showing Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-MemoryDiagnostics-Schedule quot Guid quot e c de-a - f -b db- da fdc quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt AmirVS lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - - memory diagnostics tool tray icon not showing - - - quot gt lt System gt lt UserData gt lt Schedule xmlns auto-ns quot http schemas microsoft com win events quot xmlns quot http manifests microsoft com win Windows Memory Diagnostic Schedule Events quot gt lt LaunchType gt Manual lt LaunchType gt lt ScheduleType gt Immediate lt ScheduleType gt lt Schedule gt lt UserData gt lt Event gt i read tutorials -How to Run the Memory Diagnostics Tool -How to Read the Event Viewer Log for Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool I tried to run the memory test as administrator but same result What can The problem amp how to fix it Thanks

A:memory diagnostics tool tray icon not showing

Hello Prukeyhi,

It may take a bit before it actual shows up in the Event Viewer since you just ran it.

Memory Diagnostics Tool - Read Event Viewer Log - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/283896-memory-diagnostics-tool-tray-icon-not-showing.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello!
I am running Windows 7 64bit on a Toshiba laptop.
As you see in the attached photo, the connections information icon shows "wireless connections are available" status even though I am connected! I am connected via hotspot (with a program called Connectify) to another laptop which has wired connection. I have no problems with the connection itself, but only with that status icon's wrong display.

This happend after I installed software for a bluetooth usb adapter. I have searched the web for the same problem and tried the suggested fixes: uninstalled the software, uninstalled the network adapters (wired and wireless), deleted iconchache.db file but none worked for me.
This problem is really driving me nuts so I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix it!

Thanks!

Relevancy 75.25%

Yes, this virus is still out there and somehow it got to me, and on my day off to..
Anyways, I have Webroot spy sweeper and AVG:Free Edition control center. The AVG is always turned on but my WebRoot wasn't. I scanned with both and the Virus icon is still there. Its the one that keeps popping up with a message saying that my computer is infected. Critical System Error! System detected virus activites, they may cause critical system faiulre ect.. My Web Root has not got rid of it after sweeping my system twice. I got a message earlier to install Spysweeper Quake? But I did not. Anyone have any info on how to get rid of this thing? I have no idea how to access my hijack logs. Any easy instructions on how to get rid of this annoying virus icon would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 75.25%

Good morning experts Please help me since I dont know what to do to solve not working icon tray system icon on wlan sound and this This mornig I started wlan icon and sound icon on system tray not working my laptop after a few minutes the wifi disconnected and the yellow dot showed on the wifi icon I tried to click on the icon but nothing happened Tried to click click clik and nothing happens Tried to click on the sound icon and nothing happens Like if they were disabled All the other icons are wlan icon and sound icon on system tray not working working normally I tried ending the explorer exe and run it again from the systems administrator after doing that when I click on the wifi it works but now shows the quot x quot and no connections available This whole thing happens every time I restart the laptop wifi ok for a few minutes then suddendly yellow dot and it wont let me even click on the icon I scanned with panda global anrivirus malwarebytes spybot search and destroy everything clean Please help System info lenovo b core i Windows x ultimate

A:wlan icon and sound icon on system tray not working

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... From the task bar click on customize .. Then turn system Icons on off and make sure the boxes are checked .. If that does not work try the Link below ...

System icons do not appear in the notification area in Windows Vista or in Windows 7 until you restart the computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/335421-wlan-icon-sound-icon-system-tray-not-working.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi I am having major problems with my computer I have an Icon in my system tray that has a pop up window saying Critical System Error - When I click the ballon it takes me to software down loads Whwn I use IE I get load and loads of pop ups and self installing files My computer is running very slowly also I have run Norton Antivirus and Spybot Search amp Destroy removed all nasty files etc - but I am still getting the same problems My Hijackthis log is pastes below Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP Ballon/Icon Errors' Tray etc!! Browser 'Critical in Ups Pop - System System SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv 'Critical System Errors' Ballon/Icon in System Tray - Browser Pop Ups etc!! exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common 'Critical System Errors' Ballon/Icon in System Tray - Browser Pop Ups etc!! Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslstat exe C Program Files BT Voyager ADSL Modem dslagent exe C Program Files VoyagerTest fts exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLDial exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr Acrotray exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroDist exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C PROGRA DOBE winlogon exe C DOCUME Tristan LOCALS Temp Adobelm Cleanup C WINDOWS system ymantec l exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe Systems Shared Service Adobelmsvc exe C Program Files AOL aoltray exe C Program Files AOL Broadband CheckUp bin mpbtn exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C DOCUME Tristan LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www surfbirds com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www freeserve co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www surfbirds com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook no name - C- -BC -D FD-C AFDDB - C WINDOWS system wwk dll R - URLSearchHook amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Too... Read more

A:'Critical System Errors' Ballon/Icon in System Tray - Browser Pop Ups etc!!

have had this many times, if possible try to ignore it till u get a response from security tech,there are many suggestions on web, best way i have found before i knew how to remove it was to open task manager when the programe was open as in the large sign u get saying your computer is infected etcetc to see the process then identify which process it is by closing all others right click on the process in task manager and click jump to process,it will highlight then click end process

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-system-errors-ballon-icon-in-system-tray-browser-pop-ups-etc.519398/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello to whomever responds to this thread This is the first time I ve used one of these help forums and my knowledge of computer lingo is limited but I d be greatful if you could help me with this problem A little while ago I downloaded an application which turned out to be a trojan or so I believe Upon opening it I received an error report and my antivirus program Symantec informed me that several items with trojan in their name had been detected and deleted I was also advised Icon Internet Explorer Tray System Protect System Live And Error In Report to reboot my computer System Live Protect Icon In System Tray And Internet Explorer Error Report and after doing so I became aware of a little red shield icon in my system tray Clicking it brings up a question which reads quot Would you like to update your security software and download System Live Protect quot I have not clicked yes because I believe this may be a problem Furthermore whenever I open Internet Explorer there is an error report quot Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close quot I am unsure as to whether these two problems are related but that is my suspicion Is there anything that can be done Thanks for reading

A:System Live Protect Icon In System Tray And Internet Explorer Error Report

I just looked around on the web and there are a lot of folks with this problem but no answer. Use the programs below and let's see what they find. It is definitely something you don't want.Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds. http://www.superantispyware.com/Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html--------------------------------------------------------------------------------Post a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post the log in this forum.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------How To start Windows in Safe Modehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-start-windows-in-safe-mode/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/95457/system-live-protect-icon-in-system-tray-and-internet-explorer-error-report/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I've been having some very slow system issues today and have checked that system resources seem to be at normal levels - CPU usage at around 20% and Memory usage at around 50% during normal operating.

However I have noticed a new icon in my system tray which I can't identify, can't click on, and has no text when I hover over it. Can anyone recognise it? It looks like a grey/silver square or box with something green on it - no idea what it's trying to represent

Does anyone know what it represents?

Cheers, Smootus

A:Unknown icon in system tray - slow system - pic attached

try clicking customize and find it in the list that opens, it may have some details there,

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/226264-unknown-icon-system-tray-slow-system-pic-attached.html
Relevancy 70.52%

For some reason whenever there is a program that is supposed to have the system tray icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen it doesn't always show up?? I have to close the process from the Windows Task Manager and restart it, otherwise I can't even get to that program because when i try to open it, it says it's already opened ,but it's not on the taskbar so I cant use it. Can anyone help me? I have windows XP Proffesional.

Relevancy 70.52%

Sometimes some icos (as eg. Avast) do not show in the system tray at computer startup.

Restarting the system will sometimes fix the problem. Anyway, it is an annoying isuue.

How can I solve it?

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Icons not showing in system tray

Are the programs actually starting when they're not showing up in the system tray?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307782-icons-not-showing-system-tray.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hm........ So I just changed out the case for my computer for better cooling today and did a test boot and saw that EVGA Precision X, Internet, and a few others like Steam are not showing up. It says they are there, but no icons or "tool tips" show up when rolling over. Here is a screen-shot of it:

A:System Tray icons not showing.

Could they be hidden behind the little arrow?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/318231-system-tray-icons-not-showing.html
Relevancy 70.09%

how do you delete icons off of the system tray at the bottom right corner. so it doesnt take that long to start up and load. thank you.

A:System Tray Icon

The problem is really the programs behind the icons, not the icons themselves. These programs are "startup programs" that automatically run when you start your machine.

There are a couple of utilities that you can use to control your startup programs. My favorite is PC Magazine's StartUp Cop (I don't have a URL for it at hand, but you can Google it); I've seen a recommendation for StartMan (in another forum), available at:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/downloads/startman/

There's also a utility that comes with Windows which will do the same thing but I usually avoid it.

Now for the important part: do NOT turn off all startup programs. If you do, you may well disable something important, so important that you may not even be able to boot your machine. If you mess up, start your machine in safe mode and then use the utility to undo the damage.

Take a look at the startup programs and see if you can recognize them, either by their name, or by their directory. I would recommend turning them off one at a time, to make recovery easier.

Hope this helps...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-tray-icon.111449/
Relevancy 70.09%

is that posible to hide an icon without stopping its service..
example my Utorrent i want to completely hide its icon ...but it still downloading..
===
my reason is everytime my little brother is playing he closed my utorrent..
===
i dont like the windows "customize notification"becoz it did not compeletely hide he icon..

A:system tray icon

Sorry lebronjeff, Utorrent is a P2P file sharing program that we do not support. Please read over the Rules

Quote:

P2P

We believe that the main purpose of P2P programs is to illegally download and use copyrighted material of whatever description. We further understand that there may be legal uses for P2P, but as we are not able to assess a user's intent when he/ she asks for help, we do not support P2P software and we will not assist any user in this regard. This includes but is not limited to Bearshare, Kazaa and many others.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-tray-icon-249381.html
Relevancy 70.09%

About six months ago, an icon began to appear in my system tray. It causes both Internet Explorer and Outlook to freeze. Here is the icon: (it is the one on the lower left that looks vaguely like the Network icon with a gold ball near it). When I click/hover nothing happens. It does not re-load at startup. I haven't noticed any particular pattern as to when it appears. Any help would be appreciated.

The Highjack This log is attached.

Alan Miller

A:Odd Icon in System Tray

Hello, alanbartonmille
Welcome to TSF

My name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)
Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).
Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.
Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. :)
If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.
Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
Old topics are closed after 3 days with no reply, and working topics are closed after 5 days. If for any reason you cannot complete instructions within that time, that's fine, just put a post here so that I know you're still here. We get a lot of people who simply leave, and if there is no contact for that amount of time I will have to assume you have "vanished" .
We need to run a Scan with DDSPlease download DDS, and save it to your desktop, from one of the following mirrors:This is a mirror
This is another mirror

Disable any type of "Script Blockers" or "Script Protection" installed on your system.
Double click on your desktop.
If prompted by any script blocking tools, please allow any actions taken by DDS.
When prompted to preform an Optional Scan, please select
Two reports will open. Please reply with the generated reports:DDS.txt <-- Copy and paste into your next post
Attach.txt <-- Attach to your next post

We need to scan for rootkits with GMERPlease download gmer.zip and save to your desktop.alternate download site 1
alternate download site 2

Unzip/extract the file to its own folder. (Click here for information on how to do this if not sure. Win 2000 users click here.)
When you have done this, disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
Note: There is a small chance this application may crash your computer so save any work you have open.
Double-click on Gmer.exe to start the program.
Allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
If it gives you a warning at program start about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run a scan...click NO.
Click on "Settings", then check the first five settings:System Protection and Tracing
Processes
Save created processes to the log
Drivers
Save loaded drivers to the log

You will be prompted to restart your computer. Please do so.
Run Gmer again and click on the Rootkit tab.
Look at the right hand side (under Files) and uncheck all drives with the exception of your C drive.
Make sure all other boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for "Show All".
Important! Please do not select the "Show all" checkbox during the scan.
Click on the "Scan" and wait for the scan to finish.Note: Before scanning, make sure all other running programs are closed and no other actions like a scheduled antivirus scan will occur while this scan completes. Also do not use your computer during the scan.

When completed, click on the Copy button and right-click on your Desktop, choose "New" > Text document. Once the file is created, open it and right-click again and choose Paste or Ctrl+V. Save the file as gmer.txt and copy the information in your next reply.
Note: If you have any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode

In your next reply, please include the following:DDS.txt
Attach.txt
GMER's Log

Billy3

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/odd-icon-in-system-tray-297986.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Recently D/L ATI driver Catalyst 3.10. An ATI icon placed itself in the system tray and I cannot remove it. Any ideas?

Chuck

Relevancy 70.09%

i have Windows XP Pro OS in all pc's at my caffe. i have problem with my one pc it have winXP and mCafee Antivirus 7 fom Network Associates and Microsoft Antispyware Beta installed. the problem is that when i run OS they show only Network Connection Icon in System Tray or it cannot show MS Antispyware Beta Icon and mCafee Antivirus Console icon how i solve that without new installtion.
Plz Help i want to solve this fast.

If you are sure they are running in the background, you can set the properties of the system tray to always display the icons.

right-click on the task bar and choose 'properties'. At the bottom of the dialog click on 'Customise'. Here you set McAfee and Antispyware to 'Always Show'.

Another problem could be that they are not running. You may need to open MCAfee and Antispyware and set them to run at startup.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-tray-icon-69276.html
Relevancy 70.09%

My system tray icon of HP Digital imagind Monitor, AVG,ZA and others are there when start-up

but the icon of speaker, my LOCAL AREA CONNECTIVITY, my dsl connection icon are missing at start-up,
i must go first in control panel--> sounds and audio devices--> then tick the box "place volume icon...." then they will appear but not in start-up.
Does somebody knows how to fix this?

thanks for reading

A:system tray icon

okey i guyz, i got the solution in this link
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
double click no.320
u must use IE so you can download it, if your using OPERA, double click and then keys written in words will come
copy all then paste it in note pad then save it as .reg
double click to merge and reboot

the link above has many feature try to study aa little bit, maybe some of your little probelm can solve it

thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-tray-icon-102861.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,

Is there an easy way to remove a system tray icon?

Cheers

Relevancy 70.09%

In WinXP I had that two computer internet connection icon in system tray that really helped me to know about my internet connection. In my Win7 there is no such thing, how can I get it ? is there anything like this buried in Win7 or should I get some app ?

A:System tray icon

There's a Network icon in the Notification Area. It has a different look for ethernet and wireless, and neither is the same appearance as in XP. If it does not appear you can Customize the Notification Area to specify that the Network icon always appears.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-tray-icon.1092024/
Relevancy 70.09%

Want to add a network connection short cut to the task tray for XP home. Is it possible, how? Thanks.

A:How to add icon to system tray.

I'm not sure if you are referring to an icon showing you are connected to the network? But you can do that by going to Contro Panel, then Network COnnections, then right click on your Local Area Connection, and at the bottom of the general tab there is a tick box for "Show icon in notification area when connected" That will put it in your system tray.
If this isn't what you were wanting ask back and we'll get it straightened out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-add-icon-to-system-tray.15187/
Relevancy 70.09%

On another computer the icon appeared automatically and I reserved the download OK.

On this other WIN 7 computer altho I have the 2 apparently necessary updates KB3035583 and 2952664 there is no WIN 10 icon appearing after at least 1 day.  There are no compatibility messages appearing as had appeared on another computer because of lack of HDD free space.

So what can be the cause of this 'glitch'? Thanks for advice.

A:How do I get the WIN 10 icon in the system tray?

Hi zzzz I created a thread to receive support for that specific issue. You can see some solutions in the link I provided.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/579044/support-thread-for-the-get-windows-10-app-not-working/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580053/how-do-i-get-the-win-10-icon-in-the-system-tray/
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm setting up a new Dell laptop for someone and there is a square black icon in the system tray with a white "9" in it. Left or right clicking it does nothing and hovering shows nothing. I have already uninstalled and disabled a bunch of stuff but I still haven't figured this one out. I've Googled a bit and although others have seen it, no one has a cure that is applicable on this laptop.
Anyone know what this is?

A:#9 icon in system tray

notification icon for number lock maybe

try turning off numlock (keyboard option on your number keys) see if it goes

this is a long shot but im sure ive seen it before

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/105191-9-icon-system-tray.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi,
I am having a problem with Smart Defrag?
I have checked the box which says - load with windows at start up

Well, everytime I start windows, it does not put the icon in the system tray, like it should?
But if I uncheck the box, then check the box again, restart windows it shows in the system tray?
I have uninstalled it, but still the problem exists?
I even made a short cut to the startup folder, but it still will not add the icon to the system tray?

Is there a registry hack, that I can do, to make it show in the tray?, all the time?
Hmmm... Because I am tired of unchecking/checking the load up box...

Can anyone please help me with this?
Thanks
Riptorn

Hi Riptorn,
If you can't get a solution within the Vista Forums it might be an idea to ask the question in the Smart Defrag forum.

Software Informer Forum

http://www.vistax64.com/software/244153-system-tray-icon.html
Relevancy 70.09%

hello...i have an icon in my system tray a red circle with a white x in it a message pops up saying along the lines of windows has detected spyware infection click here to protect your computer fom spyware i clicked on it and it started a scan and if i wanted to disopse of these threats i had to buy the product i have had this prob before and got rid by using smitfraudfix but it did not work this time can you please help its doing my head in thanksEdit: Moved topic to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

I'm 90-100% sure you have a spyware infection AND the red circle with the "X" inside is probably the culprit or a contributor to the problem. You probably picked up a trojan, your browser was hijacked, or some other security flaw in your system was compromised and malware coding was injected.

Have you noticed that your computer is slowing down, or locks up on you?
Have you noticed that your web browser's home page has changed?
Have you noticed that any previously installed AV programs or software is no longer functioning?
Have you checked C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file to see if there are new entries in this file? (by default the file should only be 1-2 Kb)

There seems to be a trend which is still pervasive and people just aren't catching on to it. Not sure when exactly this type of $hitware coding started popping up on the net, but its out there and its quite pervasive. Fraudulent spyware injection software which is floating around the Web / Internet, which implants onto your system, it will change registry key information, disable services, enable unnecessary services, disable AV or security software, among other things - all of which will contribute to bogging down your machine.

I would advise that the next time you start up your machine, make note of the supposed spyware infection and simply google it; you'll probably be surprised to find out that this is simply a fraudulent fishing ploy to get you to purchase or download software which will only further compromise your system. Bottom line, DO NOT download or pay for the software that they are advertising or suggesting. In most cases they are just trying to get personal information, including credit card information from you - probably to rob you blind or commit other identity theft related crimes.

Check out what information google mentions on this supposed spyware issue - 9 times out of 10 its trojan and you probably will not be able to remove it as the creator has set it up so that your user account will not have permission to remove the injected code, registry entries, etc.

What you find on google will probably point you to some suggested solutions or guidelines you can follow yourself to clear off the $hitware code. However, there's no guarantee that it will remove every single registry entry, every single .dll, or every single bit of the trojan. What's more, if you have System Restore turned on to monitor your system registry and boot partition, this is most likely where the infection lies. Because this information is reloaded and rebuilt at every startup, even if you delete the files that are present, they will repropagate at startup since System Restore functionality will rebuild the registry and boot partition files based on the information saved in the restore settings which are probably also corrupt.

You can try your luck downloading and installing AVG antivirus and Spybot S&D to locate the threats - but again, there's no guarantee that this will remove the problem as well. Your best bet is to wipe your hard drive and reinstall your OS and application software to ensure that you have removed the threat completely. Then make a good backup or ghost image of your computer that you can store in "removable storage media" that is kept offline so it doesn't get corrupt or infected. You want to ensure that you download and install all available security updates and patches, if you use IE then upgrade to IE 7.0 with available patches. If you use FireFox, you better believe that there are security flaws there also, and you should follow suit on security patches. If you use a filesharing program, you might want to consider toning down your filesharing activity - a lot of $hitware gets passed around through those types of forums as well.

Seriously, i would advise a wipe and re-install just to be absolutely sure - you'll be happier with your syst... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136276/system-tray-icon/
Relevancy 70.09%

Can anybody please tell me what this ICON is in my system tray. I cannot mouse over it, right click it or left click it. I have tried to disable everything in MSCONFIG startup, I have tried Hijack this. The icon changed from a straight line to a half moon and frrom red to greem at times.
Thanks

A:Can anybody please tell me what this ICON is in my system tray

Dejavu. That's the second one in two days I seen posted. Will try & find the other thread to see if they got a response.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/206565-can-anybody-please-tell-me-what-icon-my-system-tray.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Like some others on Errors Icon Tray Critical System in System this forum I have an icon in my system tray that keeps alternating between a yellow triangle and a land mine icon Periodically a pop up appears quot Critical System Errors quot that is attempting to send me to some website for Spyware removal software I run SpySweeper and MacAfee and have completed scans with both of those products but the icon remains Here is my HiJack This log Any help Critical System Errors Icon in System Tray would be greatly appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe Critical System Errors Icon in System Tray C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINDOWS Logi MwX Exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exe C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe c PROGRA mcafee Critical System Errors Icon in System Tray com vso mcshield exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe c progra mcafee com vso mcvsftsn exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SSU EXE C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C DOCUME Mom LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www sugqttqqykeoijaokdb com v rnO A HvVlt YTxb gNUQb TLYFZ Oq qmI RCW htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ycomp defaults su http www yahoo com O - BHO no name - a ddc - - ab-a f-f a f d - no file O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run diagent quot C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe quot startup O - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe O - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - H... Read more

A:Critical System Errors Icon in System Tray

Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)
Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.

You should print out these instructions, or copy them to a NotePad file for reading while in Safe Mode, because you will not be able to connect to the Internet to read from this site.

Next, please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
Restart your computer
After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu with options should appear;
Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press "Enter".
Choose your usual account.
Once in Safe Mode, open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmd
Select option #2 - Clean by typing 2 and press "Enter" to delete infected files.

You will be prompted : "Registry cleaning - Do you want to clean the registry ?"; answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter" in order to remove the Desktop background and clean registry keys associated with the infection.

The tool will now check if wininet.dll is infected. You may be prompted to replace the infected file (if found); answer "Yes" by typing Y and press "Enter".

The tool may need to restart your computer to finish the cleaning process; if it doesn't, please restart it into Normal Windows.
A text file will appear onscreen, with results from the cleaning process; please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.
The report can also be found at the root of the system drive, usually at C:\rapport.txt along with a fresh HJT log

For additional help read:
the Engish Tutorial
the French Tutorial (Tutorial Français)
the German Tutorial (Deutsche Anleitung)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/critical-system-errors-icon-in-system-tray.527149/
Relevancy 70.09%

I got infected with one of the fake quot System Icon Alert!" In Infected With "system Tray System Alert quot icons that keeps popping a message up every few minutes I've run Ad-Aware Spybot and McAfee Anti-Virus multiple times both in regular Windows mode Infected With "system Alert!" In System Icon Tray and in Safe Mode I've also run the McAfee Stinger application None of these have solved the problem Here's my HT log thanks for any help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System Infected With "system Alert!" In System Icon Tray svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Infected With "system Alert!" In System Icon Tray Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC Program Files AIM aim exeC Program Files Wallpaper Master Wallpaper exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files AOL Loader aolload exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exeC WINDOWS BricoPacks Crystal Clear UberIcon UberIcon Manager exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files AIM aolsoftware exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exeC Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS System GEARSec exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exeC Program Files Yahoo Yahoo Widget Engine YahooWidgets exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exeC Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC Program Files Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exeC Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Utils SyncServices exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Retrospect Retrospect Express HD retrorun exeC Program Files UGS UGSLicensing lmgrd exeC Program Files UGS UGSLicensing lmgrd exeC Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exec WINDOWS system ZuneBusEnum exeC Program Files UGS UGSLicensing ugslmd exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Windows Medi... Read more

A:Infected With "system Alert!" In System Icon Tray

Hello Donnie M.,Welcome to Bleeping Computer Please download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri)Extract the content (a folder named SmitfraudFix) to your Desktop.Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmdSelect option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.Thanks,tea

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/132047/infected-with-system-alert-in-system-icon-tray/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi everyone. I have the latest version of Yahoo Messenger on my Windows XP Professional computer. Anyway, it is set to load at startup but many times it does not show up in the system tray. I notice that it is connected while I am on the Internet but the icon is not showing up in the System Tray. It doesn't even show up when I expand the System Tray to show the hidden icons. Why isn't Yahoo's icon showing up? Can anyone help me to make it reappear? I'd greatly appreciate any help you can provide.

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I noticed someting called IBryte in the system tray on one of our laptops. Looked it up and sounds like its Malware of some type?

Should I remove it and how? I tried but have been unable to..thanks for any help...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-is-ibryte-that-is-showing-in-my-system-tray-and-how-do-i-remove-it.1068353/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi everyone I have a very annoying problem with my computer Anyway the software that is up Software in Tray not is loading showing but System is supposed to load at startup will load like it s supposed to except for one thing Every once in a while a random item that is supposed to be in startup will load but it will not show up in XP s System Tray Also it s not hidden because I ve checked This most often happens with Yahoo or Windows Messenger It seems to only happen with Internet based programs like the ones I mentioned This problem is extremely annoying Often I have to restart the computer just so it ll show up in the System Tray I guess this is a bug in my Windows XP installation I formatted and reinstalled about a month ago and that s when this problem started up again I ve had the problem before but not always The previous XP installation was free of this problem I am assuming it s a bug in XP I have all of the Critical Updates and Software is loading but is not showing up in System Tray did before Software is loading but is not showing up in System Tray too so I don t think an update could be causing this problem although it is possible Anyway does anyone know a solution to this problem It s extremely annoying nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-is-loading-but-is-not-showing-up-in-system-tray.259462/
Relevancy 69.66%

The Network icon in the system tray has a red X on it suggesting the Network is not connected but it is connected Both my sons showing tray Network in system as connected not are connected to the internet just as I am on my PC and my BluRay player Usually and for the last years it has a little blue disc showing that both the Internet and the Network is connected I use it constantly to see if I can connect to the Internet Now it has a red X against it Network not showing as connected in system tray I have tried lots of things over the last hrs to try and fix it but nothing works and on occasion when in the Network and Sharing Centre the whole computer is frozen so that the only solution is to switch it off and on and start again In the Network and Sharing Centre it shows that the Network Discovery is Off but when I go to try and change it it will not allow any change Then it can freeze and nothing can be done at all I assume that Network Discovery should be On In another instance it was saying that another programme was stopping any changes being made Can anyone shine any light on this problem please

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/304491-network-not-showing-connected-system-tray.html
Relevancy 69.66%

So here's the deal My mom's laptop computer's hard drive just died I in not Icons Windows up tray system showing - 7 ran at-home diagnostics on it tried it on a different computer and listened for abnormal sounds while connected externally I'm about sure it's dead I dropped it Icons not showing up in system tray - Windows 7 off at the local PC repair shop to get a second opinion but while they have it I wanted my mom to have a functioning computer At first I was gonna run Linux off of a USB but I remembered that I Icons not showing up in system tray - Windows 7 had an old hard drive with Windows on it I got an SSD so I no longer needed it I installed the functioning hard drive into my mom's computer and it works just fine Haven't yet installed drivers for everything only the wireless card The problem I seem to be having is that even though the wireless drivers are working and I can connect to the internet through Control Panel the WLAN icon isn't showing up in the system tray -- in fact nothing save the battery and audio icons are showing up in the system tray Is there something I need to install to fix this What could be causing this

A:Icons not showing up in system tray - Windows 7

Hello Caleb, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Double check using the tutorial below to see if you have Network and any other system icon you want to show turned on.

System Icons - Turn On or Off

If they are grayed out, then see if the tutorial below may be able to help to enable them again.

System Icons - Enable or Disable

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340928-icons-not-showing-up-system-tray-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have been noticing a strange problem with my Win bit It does not happen every day maybe once a week or so When I boot up the system and the desktop loads I noticed that all of my security AVG ZA SpyBot etc program icons in the system tray notification area next to the clock don't load I get the network power volume icons but nothing else tray notification showing.. System not icons I should see icons for my security and other start up programs I have loaded but they don't show I have to reboot the system three or four times before the tray icons will show The system works fine otherwise The security programs run fine when they are loaded so they are not the problem System tray notification icons not showing.. I tried a Google search for this problem and came up with this possible solution System icons do not appear in the notification area in Windows Vista or in Windows until you restart the computer However this seems to only apply to the volume power network System tray notification icons not showing.. icons and not my program icons I also found this but it is for Win xp Systray icons missing Windows Problem Solver I don't really know if any of those quot fixes quot can apply to Win Like I said the problem of quot missing system tray icons quot only happens once a week or so YES I DO System tray notification icons not showing.. have notification set to ON That is the first place I looked So that is not the problem Has anyone else seen this happen in Win If it is a program fault by Microsoft is there a solution Thanks for your help Scott

A:System tray notification icons not showing..

Try logging off and logging on without restarting and see if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245935-system-tray-notification-icons-not-showing.html
Relevancy 69.66%

The Network icon in the system tray has a red X on it suggesting the Network is not connected but it is connected Both my sons are connected to the internet just as I am on my PC and my BluRay player Usually and for the last years it has a little blue disc showing Network system as tray showing in not connected that both the Internet and the Network is connected I use it constantly to see if I Network not showing as connected in system tray can connect to the Internet Now it has a red X against it I have tried lots of things over the last hrs to try and fix it but nothing works and on occasion when in the Network and Sharing Centre the whole computer is frozen so that the only solution is to switch it off and on and start again In the Network and Sharing Centre it shows that it is Unknown that the Network Discovery is Off but when I go to try and change it it will not allow any change Then it can freeze and nothing can be done at all I assume that Network Discovery should be On In another instance it was saying that another programme was stopping any changes being made Can anyone shine any light on this problem please

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/304492-network-not-showing-connected-system-tray.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I have an annoying symbol in my system tray that when clicked leads me to a website trying to sell me anti spyware softwear.

How can I get rid of it?

A:Annoying Icon In System Tray - I Want Rid Of It!

Sounds like you might have an infection.
What anti-spyware software is it trying to sell you?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80943/annoying-icon-in-system-tray-i-want-rid-of-it/
Relevancy 69.66%

Is there a way to change a software (not system) trayicon for example a download manager or something like that (i'm trying to change Mipony tray icon).I took a look to the forum but i didn't find what i'm look exactly for.

thanks

A:System tray icon customization

If you mean the icon that Mipony shows in the tray I think the only way would be via a resource editor. Usually the application uses its standard icon for the tray also. But it doesn't have to. Typically you would replace the first icon in the exe file. But some programs may use a different icon for the tray. You can open the exe with a resource editor and look.

Just be aware that if you make a mistake you could overwrite something in the program. Also I don't know if there's anything that prohibits doing it. Seems unlikely though.

If I don't have the idea what you want to do please post and correct my impression.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/40628-system-tray-icon-customization.html
Relevancy 69.66%

When I booted up this morning,I noticed a new icon in the system tray,it looks like 2 computer monitors with a small bar flashing between them ....I clicked on it and it said aquiring network connection,I cannot understand this as I was already on the net having a broadband connection ....anyone have any idea why its there ?

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there,

I have a vpn connection setup to a server and it all was working fine till about a week ago. Now when I connect the VPN icon never shows up in the system tray (yes the checkbox is checked for it to show up) and in order to disconnect I have to shutdown or log off. I tried going into the network connections and right clicking, but it only gives me the options of connecting again (which does nothing).

I can't think of anything that I installed or changed that would coinside with the beginning of this problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Wes

Relevancy 69.66%

I get an icon which opens up a window saying quot Spyware Detection Alert quot and has links which direct me to a quot http adfarm mediaservices net quot link whenever I start up Windows Also my Internet Explorer browser has become rather jerky the cursor skips a beat every seconds and is annoying when I'm typing in stuff Ad-Aware Norton Antivirus amp Spyware Doctor dont seem to be able to locate this problem This is my HijackThis log file Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS Weird icon tray system in System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS Weird icon in system tray system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Executive Software DiskeeperLite DKService exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system wdfmgr exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imonnt exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe C Program Files Intel Intel R Active Monitor imontray exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe C Program Files FarStone RestoreIT RestoreIT XP VBPTASK EXE C WINDOWS System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C WINDOWS System hphmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Alcatel SpeedTouch USB Dragdiag exe C program files Telstra Signup tbpt exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files InterVideo Common Bin WinCinemaMgr exe C Program Files InterVideo WinDVR WinScheduler exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdoctor exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Rachael Hart Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http telstra com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO PCTools Site Guard - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB -... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/weird-icon-in-system-tray-140020.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi After suffering around i got an attack of Iguard and Virtual Maid It kept throwing pop-ups at me and just making surfing a pain I have now deleted these spyware programs using Adware and SpyBot I also Tray Sys System in Warning Icon did online virus checks and firewall checks which all say i am secure read up on killing register enteries and startup programs I am now left with problem I have a flashing orange triangle with a black exclamation in my sys System Warning Icon in Sys Tray tray when ever i run explorer It even pops up when explorer is run but not connected to the net as i have a wireless router and must enable connection via When i mouse System Warning Icon in Sys Tray over this icon no info is given When i am in a online game it pops me out of that window and gives me System Warning window saying different crap like system resources are low or ports are open virus detected anything it can get for me to buy software If i click this icon it takes me to a web page quot http msxpsupport com soft search php said dsm amp qq antivirus quot Which as you can see is full of Msn ads When i have surf to this ad page the icon will dissapear for mins then it willpop back up again Please reply if System Warning Icon in Sys Tray possible as i have been all thro my Msconfig and checked all my Services Killed msmsgs exe as i was thinking this could be the cause Not too sure if Event log has something to do with it Help Thxs Mechlsd Set is P Ie version Wireless Belkin router with firewall built in Pop-up blocker yahoo running AVG Virus control running Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System helper exe C Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC SecS exe C Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC Play exe C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS System RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE C Program Files Virtual CD v System VC Tray exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe H Hold HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http uk yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www btbroadbandstart com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride R - URLSearchHook no name - C AB F-A - e- C - A E A - no file O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - Hosts msn com O - BHO Yahoo Companion BHO - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - F Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar no name - B F DE-CB F- b b- B- DD ADBA C - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run VC Player C Program Files HHVcdV Sys VC Play exe O - HKLM Run bcmwltry bcmwltry exe O - HKLM Run removecpl RemoveCpl exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run n... Read more

A:System Warning Icon in Sys Tray

The latest version of HiJackThis is 1.99.1. Might want to download that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-warning-icon-in-sys-tray.348440/
Relevancy 69.66%

I just bought a used Toshiba Portege R600-ST520W running Win7 SP1. I was told it was a "clean install" (32bit) and I believe it since there is near nothing on the computer, or at least there wasn't until I started adding things.

There has been this little icon right next to my clock in the system tray since day 1 and I can't figure it out. It appears to be grayed out and doesn't respond to hovering, right or left clicking.

Anyone have an idea of what it could be? I'll try to attach a pic. Blown up if I can...

A:Unknown Icon in system tray?

Take a look at what's running in task manager, what services are started and what programs are loaded at startup. That may help to narrow it down.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/unknown-icon-in-system-tray-665718.html
Relevancy 69.66%

the first solution did not detect a damaged or corrupted sndvol32.exe the second solution (microsoft) was aimed at a problem similar to mine but instead of not being able to add volume icon to systray because of error message, i AM able to add the volume icon to systray only to have it disappear after i restart my computer.... by the way i did try the 2nd solution anyway and it did not work....

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi Anyone knows how to disable NAV when there is no NAV icon in when no tray in disable NAV icon there is to NAV How system the system tray In the good old days I used to right-click on the icon then select disable Story below Heard about the freeware CutePDF Writer from an AutoCAD user group and managed to install it but not sure if the installation was fully successful as it was not found as a system printer The help files says quot CutePDF Writer installs itself as a quot printer subsystem quot I suspect How to disable NAV when there is no NAV icon in system tray it may have something to do with not disabling NAV during installation Anyway I uninstalled it restarted opened Windows Task Manager Processes selected NAVAPSVC EXE End Process then How to disable NAV when there is no NAV icon in system tray tried to reinstall CutePDF via Windows Explorer Each time I clicked on the Setup file nothing happened and Task Manager showed Window Explorer as not responding It was impossible to end task Window Explorer and I ended up having to restart Anyone able to throw light on the situation Thanks

A:How to disable NAV when there is no NAV icon in system tray

bring nav up from the programs list

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/how-to-disable-nav-when-there-is-no-nav-icon-in-system-tray-17400.html
Relevancy 69.66%

For while now I've been annoyed by the HP system tray icon that came as part of the software for my Deskjet 5650. I'm running XP prefere not to disable the icon prog. through the start-up cue editor in msconfig, since this seems to corrupt the autoupdate software (HPCMPMGR.exe) whenever I do this. I know that there is some way to disable it through the HP software properties and would like to find it. I've done it once before but seem to have forgotten where the setting was. I never use this useless little taskbar app, it takes up approximately 4 megs of memory, and it sometimes corrupts my other items that load on start-up, so I'd appreciate it if someone could tell me where the heck HP makes you go to disable this program.

A:Disabling the HP System tray icon

do not for sure - but if you open the software and lok in tools options type of thing is there a load with windows type tick box

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-the-hp-system-tray-icon.306043/
Relevancy 69.66%

This icon has been appearing in my System Tray for a few weeks. It is two rotating blue C-shaped things. It only lasts for about a half of a second, but I was able to capture it using PrintScreen.

Can anyone identify it? I am kind of worried because I have no idea what it is or when it was installed.
The screencap is attatched.

A:Unidentified System Tray Icon

Look in Add/Remove Programs to see if the icon is there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377810/unidentified-system-tray-icon/
Relevancy 69.66%

My Windows LiveOne Care icon has vanished. I see that files are still in the C drive, but I don't know how to put icon in system tray. Please help me.
Thanks.

A:Lost icon in system tray

Most people want to remove icons in the systray as they use resourses for no good reason. But most of the registry editor software has a tab that deals eith the ssystray icons.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-icon-in-system-tray.677787/
Relevancy 69.66%

I'm connected wirelessly with no connection issues, but the system tray icon is the one for a LAN connection with a red x on it and not the wireless icon. I noticed if I flip the switch to turn of the networking adapter it reverts to a wireless icon but of course with no connection.

Relevancy 69.66%

I have recently started seeing an icon in my systray that I have no idea how to get rid of. It is a blue circle with a ? inside and it blinks on and off constantly. What is this and what can I do about it?

A:Unwanted Icon In System Tray

Hello and welcome,

If you hover the mouse over the icon, what happens? does any writing pop up at all?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88372/unwanted-icon-in-system-tray/
Relevancy 69.66%

I do not know exactly when this icon appeared but when I hover my mouse on it nothing shows up. When I click, right click, or double click on the icon it does not do anything. When I go to the customize notifications box, it says <no title>. I have uploaded a picture of the icon. Does anybody know what this icon is and how can I get rid of it?

A:Unknown system tray icon

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Its very small..but looks to be a touchpad is disabled icon. Are you on a laptop?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unknown-system-tray-icon-637763.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Im using MS Visual Studio .NET 2003, C#. The NotifyIcon component has been placed onto my Windows Forms and is visible in the system tray however the colors appear to be incorrect. The "icon" being used is a .ICO file with both a 32x32 256 color and 16x16 256 color image within it. The icon appears fine under properties but the system tray shows it as 4 colors.

What happened?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-tray-icon-only-4-colors.167452/
Relevancy 69.66%

I downloaded an application and saved it, however I didn't like it, so I deleted it from my Vista "downloads" folder and recycle bin, but can't understand how to permanently delete it from appearing in my system's tray when I turn on my laptop.

Thank you, friends!

A:How do I delete an Icon in my system tray?

Have you uninstalled the program through the Control Panel? Go to --> Start --> Control Panel and under the 'Programs' section, click 'Uninstall a Program'.

Look for the same program that you downloaded that you want to get rid of and double-click it to uninstall it completely from your computer. Follow the prompts to completely uninstall it. Hope that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-delete-an-icon-in-my-system-tray.565814/
Relevancy 69.66%

I recently purchased an inexpensive (cheap) 5 button optical mouse. The problem I'm having is that in order for the 4th and 5th buttons to work the software it came with has to be running and it puts an icon in the system tray. I have gone through the program and there is no option to remove the system tray icon.

Is there a way to stop it from showing up in the system tray completely? I know how to hide the icon but then you get the little button for the hidden icons which I don't care for.

A:System tray icon problem

Have you looked in Control Panel>Mouse? There might be a checkbox there that controls whether the icon is displayed in the System Tray.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-tray-icon-problem.142209/
Relevancy 69.66%

hi guys this is my first post and I need serious help Since today I'm stuck with shystem tray icon that keeps telling me I have adware running on my computer I can't turn them off and when i click on them they lead me to two sites They are Slimshield and SpywareQuake Can anyone help me with removing them Here is my log C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS Tray With Icon! Help System Persistant system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Help With Persistant System Tray Icon! WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Common Help With Persistant System Tray Icon! Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System DVDRAMSV exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX PmProxy exe C WINDOWS System THotkey exe C WINPENJR win pphidpad exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C WINDOWS system TFNF exe C WINDOWS system TPWRTRAY EXE C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C Program Files Drag'n Drop CD DVD BinFiles DragDrop exe C WINDOWS LTSMMSG exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system RAMASST exe C Program Files Sony Handheld HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C DOCUME SMTAM APPLIC CROSOF alg exe C WINDOWS system a sembly pool exe C WINDOWS system nvctrl exe C WINDOWS system mssearchnet exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exe C sysreset download HijackThis exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http mysearchnow com searchbar html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http mysearchnow com searchbar html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www msn ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http seek com srchcust htm F - REG win ini run C WINPENJR win custom exe O - BHO Nothing - da d- e e- fd -a d -b c e - C WINDOWS system hpB tmp O - BHO NAV Helper - A F D D-E - D -B A - BB FDD - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO IE - D A- EF - F - A - AC ADD - C WINDOWS downlo CnsHook dll O - Toolbar - B CF -E - C -B F- B FCA E - C Program Files Kingsoft PowerWord BaiduBar dll file missing O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - C E A- F - E-B E- B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run PmProxy C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX PmProxy exe O - HKLM Run THotkey C WINDOWS System THotkey exe O - HKLM Run StTHK StTHK exe O - HKLM Run Apoint C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe O - HKLM Run TFNF TFNF exe O - HKLM Run Tpwrtray TPWRTRAY EXE O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run Drag'n Drop CD DVD C Program Files Drag'n Drop CD DVD BinFiles DragDrop exe StartUp O - HKLM Run LTSMMSG LTSMMSG exe O - ... Read more

A:Help With Persistant System Tray Icon!

Please re-post & include the top header of the Hijackthis log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/help-with-persistant-system-tray-icon-94708.html
Relevancy 69.66%

So this icon --> shows up every now and then in my system tray. However, when I go to hover over it, it disappears. Any ideas on what it might be?

A:Strange icon in system tray

You can use CodeStuff :: Starter - Processes tab.
to see what processes are running on the system, but unlike standard Task Manager,
Codestuff Starter SHOWS ICONS of all programs.
Please determine that process by icon and post results.

Sample image from their website is in attachment.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/167931-strange-icon-system-tray.html
Relevancy 69.66%

hi rid in tray-how of can icon system the i AOL Solved: it? get i have an AOL icon in the system tray that i cant seem to get rid of does anyone know how to make it so that it doesn t appear upon start up just for the record it is not working by going to the start up options preferences and unchecking the option that says to load aol in the background i just want to get rid of the icon in the system tray this is what the help menu says about it You can find the AOL tray icon in the Windows system By clicking the icon once you can open several menu options to handily access AOL settings or frequenly used options such as signing on to the service The AOL tray icon is automatically added to your Windows system tray when you install AOL Click any of Solved: AOL icon in the system tray-how can i get rid of it? the links below to find more information about the menu options available from the AOL System Tray Signing On To the AOL Service Start-Up Settings Help AOL Spyware Protection AOL System Information but it doesn t say how to get rid of it nbsp

Relevancy 69.66%

I am including a copy of strange icon system tray in the hijack log for my laptop I have noticed that after I received it back from a friend that there is a little red square box in the system tray that identifies as quot spector quot The only option when right clicked is to quot open quot which does nothing I have looked through the machine and cannot find any reference to quot spector quot How can I get rid of this icon Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved strange icon in system tray at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C strange icon in system tray WINDOWS strange icon in system tray SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES SONICWALL SONICWALL VPN CLIENT IREIKE EXE C PROGRAM FILES SONICWALL SONICWALL VPN CLIENT IPSECMON EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON CLEANSWEEP CSINJECT EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATICWD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATITASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ PROGRAMMABLE KEYS CPQKL EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS TPPALDR EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS NAVAPW EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM PSTORES EXE C PROGRAM FILES MSN MESSENGER MSNMSGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINZIP WINZIP EXE C WINDOWS TEMP HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ca msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page c windows SYSTEM blank htm O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT ACROBAT ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - HKLM Run StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM STIMON EXE O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run AtiCwd Aticwd exe O - HKLM Run AtiKey Atitask exe O - HKLM Run Essdc essdc exe O - HKLM Run Compaq PK Daemon C Program Files COMPAQ Programmable Keys CPQKL EXE O - HKLM Run Hibernation C Program Files COMPAQ PWRCON HIB EXE O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor c windows taskmon exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run TPP Auto Loader C WINDOWS TPPALDR EXE O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run NAV Agent C PROGRA NORTON NAVAPW EXE O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run CXMon quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard PhotoSmart Photo Imaging Hpi Monitor exe quot O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices SchedulingAgent mstask exe O - HKLM RunServices IREIKE C Program Files SonicWALL SonicWALL VPN Client IreIKE exe start O - HKLM RunServices IPSecMon C Program Files SonicWALL SonicWALL VPN Client IPSecMon exe start O - HKLM RunServices ScriptBlocking quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Script Blocking SBServ exe quot -reg O - HKLM RunServices CSINJECT EXE C Program Files Norton CleanSweep CSINJECT EXE O - Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Startup HotSync Manager LNK C Palm HOTSYNC EXE O - Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr AcroTray exe O - Plugin for spop C PROGRA INTERN Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF C C - D - D - D - FE OPUCatalog Class - http office microsoft com productupdates content opuc cab O - DPF BE -B - D -B - E E MeadCo Security Manager - http wcs egain net wcsapp weblib Javascript messaging ie SecMgr cab O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macrome... Read more

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi trying to Ups Pop Pc-antispyware & Tray - Icon Log. Hjt - System sort out my mates Pc-antispyware - Pop Ups & System Tray Icon - Hjt Log. laptop Receiveing a pop up trying to get me to install PC-Antispyware also receiveing an exclamation mark in the system tray stating that the pc contains spyware blah blah blah Have done the usuals all in safe mode Spybot superantispyware ad-aware smitfraudfix amp combofix but to no avail All help is very much appreciated Logfile of Trend Pc-antispyware - Pop Ups & System Tray Icon - Hjt Log. Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exeC WINDOWS Pc-antispyware - Pop Ups & System Tray Icon - Hjt Log. eHome ehSched exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exeC Program Files Sonic DigitalMedia LE v MyDVD LE USBDeviceService exeC WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files ControlSkype CSkype exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Sonic DigitalMedia LE v MyDVD LE DetectorApp exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exeC APPS SMP SmpSys exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr ExeC WINDOWS system hkxojkbc exeC WINDOWS system dllhost exeC WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run ehTray C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run ControlSkype C Program Files ControlSkype CSkype exeO - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run ... Read more

A:Pc-antispyware - Pop Ups & System Tray Icon - Hjt Log.

Hello and welcome to BleepingComputer. Please rerun a scan with HijackThis and check the following objects for removal:O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [pzikxwev] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkxojkbc.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [QZskaJWFUe] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\pgpwrwdy\vknadsbw.exeO4 - HKCU\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [QZskaJWFUe] C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\pgpwrwdy\vknadsbw.exeO9 - Extra button: (no name) - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - (no file)O21 - SSODL: ComponentRom - {af94dfae-ec1a-410f-81a2-f61861a90609} - (no file)Now close ALL other open windows but HijackThis and hit FIX CHECKED. Exit HijackThis.------Next, please copy the following text in the quotebox below to a blank notepad file. Make sure the filetype is set to "All Files" and save it as delete.bat on your [email protected] offattrib -r -h C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkxojkbc.exedel /a /f /q C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkxojkbc.exeRD /s /q "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\pgpwrwdy"del delete.batexitNow double-click on the delete.bat on your desktop -- a window will popup and close, this is normal.-----Finally...Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.Close all other windows before proceeding.Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/139256/pc-antispyware-pop-ups-system-tray-icon-hjt-log/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

I have and add-on for Thunderbird called Minimize to Tray Plus. Anyhow, it puts a Thunderbird icon in my system tray that, to put it mildly, looks like crap. Can someone tell me if it is possible to customize this icon to one of my choosing? In fact, most of the 3rd party icons that run in the system tray could use a serious makeover. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Thunderbird System Tray Icon

Not sure how to cumtomize, but you can change when it appears
Works for Vista and Seven
Notification Icons - Customize - Vista Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/129039-thunderbird-system-tray-icon.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Once again i have lost the Network Icon from the system tray.
It is also greyed out in the Notification Area.
This has happened before and reappeared later.
Any ideas please?

A:Network Icon not in System Tray

Hello Jeceris,

This may be able to help fix this for you.

Notification Area - System Icons

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289609-network-icon-not-system-tray.html
Relevancy 69.66%

What program uses the icon between the sheild and time in the image attacked?
Note: I don't have access to view the running processes.

Relevancy 69.66%

All my anti-malware programs have an icon grouped together in the system tray(Avast, MBAM, SAS, Spybot S&D), making it easy for me to remember which ones to run in what order, except for Glary Utilities, which has one on the taskbar (technically, Glary Utilities isn't an anti-malware program but I like to run its 1-click Maintenance after running my anti-malware scans). Since Glary isn't grouped with the rest of my anti-malware programs, I tend to forget to run it. Is there anyway to create an icon for Glary in the system tray instead of the taskbar?

A:Putting an Icon in the System Tray

Glary utilities - Minimize to system tray

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/319315-putting-icon-system-tray.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I explain:

in my way to customize my windows 7 sp1, i change some icon system like:

batmeter.dll
pnidui.dll
SndVolSSO.dll

like many others time i became ownership of these files, rename these like .bak and put new file in C:\Windows\System32
Rebbot system and no icon show in system tray. I verify in panel active/disactive system icons and all these are inactive and i cannot change status.
So i comeback and restore original dll but the problem ramain...

In which way a ican solve ??

Please and thank
Hispa

A:Help ! No icon shox on system tray

Try following the instructions here.
Icon Cache - Rebuild

It should return icons to normal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/183130-help-no-icon-shox-system-tray.html
Relevancy 69.66%

My Dad has XP and I don't and he relies on me for fixes. He has an icon for Kodak Easy Share in his system tray that he would like removed. I tried searching the registry for the system tray, but could not find it. Perhaps it was his keyboard, but in regedit, I tried to use the find function and F3 did not "find next". I had to use CTRL+F and click "Find Next" each search. I looked in the Kodak hive and did not see any entry to place in the system tray. Could someone please give me a clue as to where to look so he will be happy again?

TIA

Relevancy 69.66%

Hi after scanning with AVG AdAware and Windows Defender I still cant get rid of this red new system Annoying icon tray circle with an exclamation mark in it claiming to be a security warning a blatant lie Anyhow this is my hijackthis log can someone help me please Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass Annoying new system tray icon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe Annoying new system tray icon C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Daniel DANIEL-U DVFEVP My Documents hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run type quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro type exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint point exe quot O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus Photo R Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I H EXE P quot EPSON Stylus Photo R Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus Photo R quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run dbqhvsk dll C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system dbqhvsk dll lfmsif O - HKLM Run CTDrive rundll exe C WINDOWS system drvbap dll startup O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows Defender quot C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe quot -hide O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item QuickDefine - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference Titles eddefine htm O - Extra context menu item QuickTranslate - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Reference Titles edtrans htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem S... Read more

A:Annoying new system tray icon

Download WinPFind
Right Click the Zip Folder and Select "Extract All"
Extract it somewhere you will remember like the Desktop
Don’t do anything with it yet!
Click here for info on how to boot to safe mode if you don't already know how.
Reboot into Safe Mode.
Double click WinPFind.exe
Click "Start Scan"
It will scan the entire System, so please be patient and let it complete.
Reboot back to Normal Mode!

Go to the WinPFind folder
Locate WinPFind.txt
Copy and paste WinPFind.txt in your next post here please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/annoying-new-system-tray-icon.515506/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi guys,

Tonight I was on my new Dell Inspirion 15 laptop, running Vista basic when I noticed a strange new tray icon. I have taken a screen shot of it and will attach. Basically I can't do anything with it. It wont give me the option to open/close, see properties or any normal tray icon options. Just wondering what it is? And how I get rid of it. Oh and its the symbol that looks like a lock with the letter 'A' in it LOL. Thank you for all your help

If the attachment is to small, plz let me know as I will resize it and try again.

A:Strange System Tray ICON

you could go start->run - msconfig and check the startup programs running. See if there is anything there that looks out of place.
I take it that it doesn't say what it is when you hover over it with the mouse.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/strange-system-tray-icon-412993.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Good Day,

Not sure where this "new" icon came from. All it says is, "safely remove USB mass storage device." When I click on it nothing happens for either right or left click. I ran a virus scan, but nothing showed then I went into the startup file, but it wasn't listed. (My OS is Window's XP)

I then ran a "Startup Inspector" and again it wasn't listed. Then I remember _command prompt_ and running msconfig to see startup menu

Unfortunately, all I get is a message stating that, "msconfig is not recognized as an internal or external command. (I could have sworn this worked before.)

So now I don't know if the two are related, but either way I'm concerned.

Anyone have any suggestions...

TIA

A:Unknown icon in system tray....

That is a normal function in windows xp. You must have a USB flash drive or some other sort of USB device that is the utility that windows has so you can disable the device before you unplug it from the system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-icon-in-system-tray.539234/
Relevancy 69.66%

In XP, I've disabled the notification bubbles that pop up when a print job is sent to a network printer. I was wondering if this could be taken a step further by getting rid of the printer icon in the system tray as well? I know you can hide items via the customize option in taskbar and start menu properties, but is there a registry key that can be changed so that the fix will be easier to deploy via group policy?

Relevancy 69.23%

Good evening:

Recently I noticed that two unknown icons now show up in my system tray, having icon graphics of "A" "9". Double clicking on them, right-clicking, or simply hovering my mouse over them unfortunately does nothing -- I don't know what they are. I'm concerned they could be something malicious.

Can anyone help?

Please see the attached screenshot that shows these 2 icons. I've also attached another screenshot showing all processes in the Task Manager. Please let me know if you need any other information.

A:Solved: 2 Unknown Icons now showing up in System Tray -- do you know what these are?

I found it - they are nothing but Numloc icon and Caps Lock Icon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-2-unknown-icons-now-showing-up-in-system-tray-do-you-know-what-these-are.999578/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi,

I'm on Windows XP and I'm having this problem recently. I have a few program icons that disappear from the system tray (notification area) every now and then. Most of the time it's MSN messenger, but some others disappear as well.

They disappear completley by the way, it's not the auto-hide functionality.

Is this a known issue? and is there a solution for it?
Your help is appreciated.

A:Icons not showing in system tray (or notification area)

KeyStroke, Go to the link below and under the letter "N" scroll down to "Notification Area - Icons Disappearing" where you'll find several possible fixes both automated and manual.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_abc.htm

Tufenuf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/icons-not-showing-in-system-tray-or-notification-area.634050/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys my friend has been having problems with his computer I am posting it on his behalf right now Anyways he tells me he installed limewire ran it and it shut down his pc I'm now here and none of his icons are showing up after logging on along with his system tray The processes are starting up as i can use ctrl alt del using file gt new task run OS XP home edition Here is his hijackthis log Quote Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at tray/start up system not windows showing bar/icons PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS windows system tray/start bar/icons not showing up system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL TopSpeed aoltsmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files windows system tray/start bar/icons not showing up TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus Tmntsrv exe C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus tmproxy exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Webroot windows system tray/start bar/icons not showing up Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C PROGRA MOZILL firefox exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME Michael LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www toshiba com search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http toshiba my yahoo com src STAC R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie ch search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www toshibadirect com dpdstart O - HKLM Run TM Outbreak Agent quot C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus TMOAgent exe quot run O - HKLM Run PCClient exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus PCClient exe quot O - HKLM Run pccguide exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Antivirus pccguide exe quot O - HKLM Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeperUI exe quot startintray O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run QuickFinder Scheduler quot C Program Files WordPerfect Office X Programs QFSCHD EXE quot O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService isuspm exe quot -startup O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C P... Read more

A:windows system tray/start bar/icons not showing up

Please Download NoLop to your desktop from one of the links below...
Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
[*]First close any other programs you have running as this will require a reboot
[*]Double click NoLop.exe to run it
[*]Now click the button labelled "Search and Destroy"
<<your computer will now be scanned for infected files>>
[*] When scanning is finished you will be prompted to reboot only if infected, Click OK
[*] Now click the "REBOOT" Button.
[*] A Message should popup from NoLop. If not, double click the program again and it will finish Please Post the contents of C:\NoLop.log along with a fresh HijackThis log
--If you receive an error, "mscomctl.ocx or one of its dependencies are not correctly registered," please download mscomctl.ocx to your system32 folder then rerun the program.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-system-tray-start-bar-icons-not-showing-up-183938.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Sometimes when i reboot my PC the Network system tray icon would go missing, checking the notifications at control panel shows that network icon is unselectable and is at off, rebooting several times fixes the problem though, anyone know whats causing this ?

A:Network icon missing from system tray

Will post a picture to show you how to restore it

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/20766-network-icon-missing-system-tray.html
Relevancy 68.8%

The laptops I have that are set up with Windows 2000 have the battery icon mission in user mode (Restricted User)
Is there some way to give the user access to this. I have searched around and can't seem to find it.

Relevancy 68.8%

My computer was infected by Spylocked I have removed everthing to An From In Alert System Tray Sys The Icon Popup do with it except this icon which constantly switches from a DirectX icon System Alert Popup From An Icon In The Sys Tray to a warning triangle Every so often a popup appears It says that System Alert has detected harmful malwares etc on my computer If clicked on either right or left click this site is brought up http www spylocked com aff where they try to sell you a product called Spylocked I seemed to have removed all except this icon popup I have searched the computer several times and can't find it I'm in the middle of writing a major report which must be finished by the end of the month and I have lost days to this already Help Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgrssvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exeC Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxWatch exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System Tablet exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgfwsrv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC Program Files ashampoo Ashampoo UnInstaller Suite UIWatcher exeC PROGRA PANICW POP-UP PSFree exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exec program files internet explorer iexplore exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search http www search-control com srh R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www search-control com srh R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search http www search-control com srh R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www search-control com srh R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www search-control com srh R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www search-control com srh R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www search-control com srh R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http www search-control com srh R - URLSearchHook no name - - no file O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO no name... Read more

A:System Alert Popup From An Icon In The Sys Tray

Download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri) to your Desktop.http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix.exeDouble-click SmitfraudFix.exeSelect option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press EnterThis program will scan large amounts of files on your computer for known patterns so please be patient while it works. When it is done, the results of the scan will be displayed and it will create a log named rapport.txt in the root of your drive, eg: Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other options until you are asked to do so!**If the tool fails to launch from the Desktop, please move SmitfraudFix.exe directly to the root of the system drive (usually C:), and launch from there.Post back with the smitfraudfix log and a new HijackThis log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93598/system-alert-popup-from-an-icon-in-the-sys-tray/
Relevancy 68.8%

There is a suspicious icon in my system tray It tells me there is a virus on my computer and instructs me to click on it for availible software - I did not click it it's an obvious fake On top of this when I load IE it displays a page telling me I have a virus and has a list of websites with various links to quot anti-spyware quot software The top link is Pest Trap and to my knowledge that itself is a nasty piece of spyware Needless to say none of those links were clicked If it is needed I Tray And Page Ie Icon System Suspicious can supply screenshots of both the Tray Icon and the IE page I followed the list of things Suspicious System Tray Icon And Ie Page to do before running Suspicious System Tray Icon And Ie Page HJT and ran into an issue Two entries continuously appear in Spybot no matter how many times I quot fix quot them Windows Security Center AntiVirusOverride Registry Change SettingsHKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE microsoft Security Center AntiVirusOverride dword Vcodec File DataC WINDOWS system ncompat tlband now here's the HJT Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exeC Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC PROGRA Iomega System ActivityDisk exeC Program Files Symantec Client Security Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeG Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Ideazon Zboard Software Driver ZboardTray exeC PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeC Program Files Ideazon Zboard Software Driver Zboard exeC Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exeC WINDOWS Logi MwX ExeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS Surround Mixer CTSysVol exeC Program Files Creative SBAudigy ZS DVDAudio CTDVDDet EXEC WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXEC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Iomega AutoDisk AD KClient exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource RemoteControl RCMan EXEC Program Files PeerGuardian pg exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Creative MediaSource Go CTCMSGo exeC Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files Nikon NkView NkvMon exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE cli exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging Product Assistant bin hprblog exeC Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exeO - BHO Nothing - edbf bc - ab- eb-a a -c eb c e - C WINDOWS system hp A tmpO - Toolbar Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL file missing O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run vptray C PROGRA SYMANT SYMANT vptray exeO - HKLM Run DeadAIM rundll exe quot C PROGRA AIM DeadAIM ocm quot ExportedCheckODLsO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Iomega Startup Options C Program Files Iomega Common ImgStart exeO - HKLM Run Iomega Drive Icons C Program Files Iomega DriveIcons ImgIcon exeO - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exeO - HKLM Run Logitech Utility Logi MwX ExeO - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iT... Read more

A:Suspicious System Tray Icon And Ie Page

Click here to download SmitfraudFix (by S!Ri). Extract all the files to your Destop. A folder named SmitfraudFix will be created on your Desktop.Click here to download System Security Suite. Extract it from the zip file into a folder.Click here to download ewido security suite - it is a trial version of the program.Install ewido security suiteWhen installing, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".Launch ewido, there should be an icon on your desktop double-click it.The program will now go to the main screenYou will need to update ewido to the latest definition files.On the left hand side of the main screen click updateThen click on Start UpdateThe update will start and a progress bar will show the updates being installed. Do NOT run a scan yet. Exit the program.Open the SmitfraudFix folder and double-click smitfraudfix.cmdSelect option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press EnterThis program will scan large amounts of files on your computer for known patterns so please be patient while it works. When it is done, the results of the scan will be displayed and it will create a log named rapport.txt in the root of your drive, eg: Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log in your next reply.IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any other options until you are asked to do so!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50385/suspicious-system-tray-icon-and-ie-page/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have noticed that the little blue ball/circle disappears for a few seconds on the Network Access icon in the systems tray sometimes (Vista). That is the one in front of the two monitor icons that can display in an animated way. I have not noticed this phenomenon before much. I know it displays a red cross when there is no connection & an exclamation mark when there is some problem. I just wondered if it was necessarily unusual or anything to worry about.

A:System tray ' Network Accesss' icon.

I think it usually means that you've lost Internet access for those seconds, you probably still have access to your local network.

Do you connect via a router, if so maybe it's refreshing the connection, I don't really know but those are my thoughts.

When it used to happen to me on my old router if the ball was missing for a while a reboot of the router put everything back to normal.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/230756-system-tray-network-accesss-icon.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Not important in the vastness of all things Windows 7 but an irritation that has me baffled .... how do/can I get the Windows Media icon to appear in my system/task tray please?

I have Windows Media Centre selected to show icon and notifications but that only shows when updating.

I would like to have easy access to my DVD and CD music playing and so thought that having Windows Media icon in the tray would be the way to go?

All and any help most gratefully received please.

A:Any way to add Windows Media icon to system tray please?

Start Windows Media Center and right click icon on task bar, pin to taskbar. Hopefully you will like this? Then you can start WMC with a single click.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/375990-any-way-add-windows-media-icon-system-tray-please.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys,

Here's a goofy problem that's eventually happened to me on every Windows 7 install I've done. Has it happened to you?:

You want to connect to a wireless network, so you click the "network" icon in the system tray. But nothing happens; the usual network list doesn't appear. To see the menu, you have to open the Network and Sharing Center and click "Connect to a network". You must now do this each time?to connect or disconnect.

I realize this is more like basic Windows functionality than actual network stuff?but any idea what causes it, and how to fix it? Thanks, Ander

A:No pop-up when clicking system tray network icon?

No one could answer this? The same thing has happened to me, with every Windows 7 install I've done. No fix available?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/186325-no-pop-up-when-clicking-system-tray-network-icon.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I got a new IBM Lenovo about a month ago that was running Windows 8.1. Before doing anything I immediately upgraded it Windows 10. When I hover over the network icon it says "Not Connected-Connections Available." The thing about it is, is that I am connected to the network and the Internet. I did update the network card driver today. I thought that would solve the problem, but I'm at a loss. It wasn't really a big deal until I wanted to connect to twitter and the weather apps that pop up when you click the Windows button in the lower left corner. Any help is appreciated! Click submit

A:Network icon in system tray says I'm not connected, but I am.

Disable Windows from updating Device drivers, uninstall network device, reinstall after rebooting. Also unplug the Router/Gateway, wait about a minute and plug it back in and things should work.

The only other item that can cause this is third party network security software.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/41316-network-icon-system-tray-says-im-not-connected-but-i-am.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Is there a way where I can hide a program icon from system tray but the program still runs in background?

TIA

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi everyone,

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium (with Service Pack 1 installed) on a standalone laptop at home with access to the internet via a cable modem. Very occasionally after booting up, the "blue circle" sign, indicating "busy", does not clear from the network icon in the system tray, and it remains there during the entire session. (It's there as I type this.) However, everything still seems to work OK regarding internet access - I can access my mail server and anything on the web. So what is the significance of the blue circle? Should I be concerned if it fails to disappear?

A:Question on network icon in system tray

It might be because of the wi-fi is still looking for a connection if the wi-fi is still enabled. You can try to disable/turn off your wi-fi and check to see if it does it. Most modern laptop have a key at the top to enable and disable wifi.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/179730-question-network-icon-system-tray.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Where did i come from? after being away since yesterday morning, i came home, turned on my computer and the new icon has appeared in the system tray (the place next to the time where a bunch of icons appear) its a little reb stick figure with a head detatched. why is it there and where and how did it come from?

A:Support.com Agent icon in system tray?

check add/remove programs and see if its in there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/support-com-agent-icon-in-system-tray.443286/
Relevancy 68.8%

Am using Windows 7 Professional and suddenly the network icon has vanished from the system tray and there is no way to connect to Internet.
Am using Wi-fi connectivity from a Mobile for the network and connected through a Data Cable.

Tried
netsh winsock reset.
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns

No result from the above commands.

Tried CTRL + Shift + ESC
Processes explorer.exe -- End Process
Application New Task explorer.exe

Still no result

System was working fine till now but suddenly facing this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/401053-network-icon-missing-system-tray.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Like most of us, I got the little Windows 10 Upgrade icon in my System Tray a while back. Just before the upgrade was released, I opened it and was told that my PC was ready for the upgrade. Now if I open the icon, I just get a white window with the little "busy circle" going around and around and the message "Please Wait".  I've let it run for over an hour and nothing every changes.

I don't plan on upgrading to Windows 10, so I can do without this icon. How do I get rid of it, especially since it seems like it no longer works?

A:How do I get rid of the Windows 10 Upgrade icon in my System Tray...???

Hi Warthog-Fan You can get rid of the "Get Windows 10" app by uninstalling the KB3035583 that installed it.Uninstall a Windows Update - Command PromptFollow the instructions below to uninstall a Windows Update manually via the command prompt.On Windows Vista & 7, click on the Windows Start Menu, then enter cmd in the search box, right-click on the cmd icon and select Run as AdministratorOn Windows 8, drag your cursor in the bottom-left corner, and right-click on the metro menu preview, then select Command Prompt (Admin);On Windows 8.1, right click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner and select Command Prompt (Admin);Enter the command below (you can copy/paste it, to paste in the command prompt, right-click inside it and select Paste):wusa /uninstall /KB:3035583Let me know the outcome of the command: either it uninstall the update or either it says that the update isn't installed on the system;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586460/how-do-i-get-rid-of-the-windows-10-upgrade-icon-in-my-system-tray/
Relevancy 68.8%

Last few weeks I've installed and uninstalled some trial software. Now I've notices viewing the system tray icons in the start bar, that there are still some system tray icons present which should be there. They are in the not active list. I'm sure they're not working (turning them on , so not hiding them, doesn't make them appear). They seem to be leftovers of programs I've uninstalled. But how can I completely remove them. I can't see which program they'd belong to. They aren't present in the startup list of msconfig as far as I can tell. They are only present on my windows account. So where in the register does windows store my active/nonactive system tray icons? Or how can I remove them completely? Or how to find out which program they belonged to?

A:[SOLVED] remove system tray icon

Hello digitalecartoon

Read how to do it here

Please back up the key before deleting anything

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-remove-system-tray-icon-233426.html