Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Lumia 550 - Unlocked will it sync with outlook

Q: Microsoft Lumia 550 - Unlocked will it sync with outlook

Microsoft Lumia 550 - Unlocked will it sync with outlook. I currently have a blackberry. I use the blackberry software to sync my info. Will this phone do the same
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Lumia 550 - Unlocked will it sync with outlook

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 28.81%

Acer has added a new monitor to their gaming-focused lineup, the amazing looking XR341CK. This 34-inch 21:9 UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440 pixels @ 75Hz) IPS monitor comes with a curved display in a zero frame design, which Acer says...

Read more

A:Acer reveals 34-inch curved QHD FreeSync and G-Sync monitors

This type of monitor is the best way to channel the power of your GTX 980 Ti, which inherited its anti-aliasing power from the many generations before it, as opposed to having it choke on the 4K pixel-mania in chase for almost the same effect, at the expense of the dropped FPS.
Relevancy 20.21%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.
Relevancy 20.21%

Much of the lure surrounding Microsoft's long-rumored Surface Mini was the notion that it'd come in at a lower price point compared to its full-sized brother. That project was ultimately scrapped and instead, we got the Surface Pro 3 -...

Read more

A:Microsoft's new Atom-powered Surface 3 starts at $499

This was sounding so promising then I got to 2GB RAM....

Have a look at your PC now - if you are running next to nothing over standard windows services, then you are probably somewhere around 1.2GB. Add an email client, some virus software a few Chrome Tabs and you will already be swapping away to page file as the OS starts to worry about memory and things will start to grind. How much would 2 more MB cost? Shame as otherwise it sounds quite a capable little machine.
Relevancy 29.67%

AMD has provided an update on the state of their FreeSync technology, confirming that monitors supporting the adaptive sync technology are now available in select locations in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. It's expected that FreeSync monitors will hit...

Read more

A:FreeSync monitors now available, and they're cheaper than G-Sync equivalents

I don't see why? Freesync changes your monitor big time! I mean just look at the on/off freesync from the picture at the front.

Atleast with gsync your monitor doesnt need to actually change.
Relevancy 28.81%

Nvidia's G-Sync technology is currently available on a handful of displays but the cost of entry isn't cheap. That's because the current crop of monitors require custom hardware to work their gaming magic - a requirement that soon won't be...

Read more

A:Nvidia G-Sync technology is coming to laptops, no custom hardware required

LOL the G-Sync module was only ever used to verify 100% that someone was using a Nvidia GPU. What a bunch of crooks...
Relevancy 30.53%

Can someone explain what is monitor sync polarity?

A:Sync polarity

OMG - - old VGA term as I recall.
CRT displays (Cathode Ray Tube aka TV style) could sync on one of the R,G,B colors. Later developments centered up on syncing on the Green.

"Polarity" in this context is specifically WHICH color is used as the sync (btw, we're referring to the horizontal sync).

Thousand pardons if senility has obscured the facts :sigh:
Relevancy 52.03%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?
Relevancy 20.64%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.
Relevancy 28.81%

I K ghz crossfire gig windows Hi all I have been having this very strange problem with vsync for sometime now and only recently discovered that it was something to do with v sync itself I think This is what I recorded Basically in some games not all I get what is shown in the video Now the thing is I found while I was playing around is that if I disable v sync totally this stuttering tearing seems to go away by quite a lot in Strange Sync tearing V causing microstutter/screen games The fps goes to I think cod is fixed to that and it smooths out a lot but its still a little jittery and not perfectly smooth This is also the case with bad company I never had Strange V Sync causing microstutter/screen tearing in games a problem with Strange V Sync causing microstutter/screen tearing in games any game up until about years ago when this started happening unexplainably Another strange thing about this is that it only seems to Strange V Sync causing microstutter/screen tearing in games occour ONLINE Single player has non of this at fps If I use a controller to move there is no stutter tearing I had the same issue with battlefield but for some reason I cured it by limiting the fps to and its smooth as butter I have tried this with some of the other games but it does not work To add to the strangeness this also happends on a completely different PC I built a while back And led me to believe it was an internet problem I ran many tests all to come back clear I even changed providers again as I say it only happends on some games not all games affected BF Bad company All Call of Dutys Crysis and a few more games not affected counter srike global offensive rising storm red orchestra war thunder bf with fps cap Things I have tried lots and lots of different drivers Disabled crossfire upgraded mobo cpu and ram tried different monitors tried taking my pc round a friends house still happend switching from hdmi to vga to dvi reformated windows and the list goes on If anyone has any ideas about this please let me know nbsp
Relevancy 30.53%

I have been trying to find an elegant solution to play synchronized music throughout my house on my two computers. My first attempt involved a WinAmp plugin called SyncBoss, which worked OK but the audio skipped occasionally and it required me to use WinAmp as my media player (I like to use iTunes).

After searching around a bit more I stumbled upon what sounded like a much smoother and more versatile solution which uses Logitech Media Server and Softsqueeze (see After much research and trial-and-error I can't figure out how to configure this software to sync my two computers together over my wireless network.

Has anyone used Squeezebox software to sync audio between two computers? Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Sync Audio Between Two PC's

You have two computers and you want to play the exact same songs at the exact same time, from both? Why?
Relevancy 20.64%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Relevancy 30.53%

I am not familiar with quick sync so any info for me would sure help. I have looked at some video on it but still would like a little insight. First I would have to have a CPU that supports it I know. But would I need it? I would have discrete card AMD 7790 in the machine in question. What will quick sync help me out with? These machines will be mainly used for video editing. Thanks.

A:Quick sync and CPU's

Quicksync helps to greatly reduce rendering times in video editing suites. The E3 has it if I am not mistaken. I dont recommend the 7790 for a video editing machine. The memory bus is slow, and thus, not good for video editing. I would recommend a 2GB GTX 650Ti boost edition or 2GB GTX 660 or 2GB AMD 7850.
Relevancy 18.06%

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)
Relevancy 20.64%

Why doesn't my microsoft lifecam work with windows 7? Is there a simple way to fix this problem?

A:Windows 7/Microsoft Lifecam

We would need the model number to tell you a reason to why it is not working, and if there is a fix.. If there is no supported driver for windows7, you may need to attempt to use a Windows Vista driver and run it in compatibility mode.

If these options are not possible, you may have to purchase a new one.

Please reply back with the model of the webcam.
Relevancy 32.68%

Before I get to the poll a little history is in order I got my first droid retiring my GS moved to iOS from WinMO few years ago But I think it is the most 920 or ATIV Lumia S regrettable of decisions I made Because despite the fact that I always went for the higher end droid at least of its time e g Desire SGS SGSII Sensation SGSIII to name few I never found a stable solidly performing android phone They all suffered from random crashes reboots sluggishness hang ups and I only install apps - I need nothing more They all have various annoying quirks as well e g SGS ATIV S or Lumia 920 III doesn t want to find any WiFi network at times folders on home screen will randomly open at ATIV S or Lumia 920 their own my older Sensation s screen would stop responding quot in some places quot etc IMHO almost all droids I owned had great hardware but a crappy OS Few months ago I got my hands on Lumia and used it along side my Sensation SGS III for months and my views about WP totally changed It easily outperforms all those multi-core droids with its dated single core SoC being absolutely rock solid and very easy to use UI unlike androids copycat of iOS It is time again to jump ship only thing to decide is should I get ATIV S or Lumia though I m tilting toward the later due to better support upgrade cycle of Nokia compared to Samsung However SuperAMOLED display of ATIV S will be more battery friendly and it also have expansion slot ATIV S comparison Lumia specs Specs of HTC X amp Accord rumored Lumia along side Samsung ATIV S So what you guys would pick nbsp

A:ATIV S or Lumia 920

I'm firmly set on the Lumia 920 right now. I've always had a thing for Nokia handsets, and until Android hit the scene I only ever owned them. Plus, I don't think I'll miss the lack of storage expansion (my SGS3 has 16GB now and I'm only using 1GB of it!), and I think Nokia will be quicker and more supportive with its own apps than Samsung will be.
Relevancy 30.96%

am new to over-clocking and would rather not do it anytime some as my system seems to be performing well for all my applications and games ( crysis warhead, dirt 3, etc )

what I need to know is if the following is acceptable or not, in terms of core temperatures, CPU usage and everything we see on the screenshot...

Thank You
(system switched on for 2 hours straight, only the browser is running while I take the screen shot)

A:Is it in sync?

To begin with, I wouldn't advice overclocking a PC unnecessarily. OCing is a last-ditch effort to keep a machine alive. If it can run Crysis at 45 FPS+, OCing for a few FPS and making the system unstable (NTM voiding warranty) is just not worth it.
Secondly, it's not very clear whether you want opinion in OCing it or are asking if the OCed temps are good. Because whether temps are good or not depends on ambient temps. It's summer where you are, so if the ambient temps are 33`C, those aren't exactly admirable.
To help with them, here are some guides.
Stress it with IntelBurnTest and let me know how high the temps go.

Relevancy 20.21%

I have a mixture of domain and workgroup computers on the network and wan to have them all visible in Microsfot Windows Network My Network Place Group - Machine amp Machine are on workgroupA with its not Computer Microsoft in visible Windows Network own subnet and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are on the domain and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are also on the domain however on a different subnet and it too can see each other fine If I am on Machine it only sees Machine When I am on Machine it can not see Machine or however it can see Machine The same goes for Machine can t see any other machine except Machine even though its on the domain I have a WINS server in place in Group and it WINS see all the machines as Active Registrations But when I go into My Network Places on the WINS server it only sees machines in Group which are Machine amp Machine DNS entries are setup correctly with correct hostname and IP so I m lost as to what is happening here Sorry of this sounds confusing nbsp

A:Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

My understanding is that

a given system(A) may be attached to a domain OR
unattached and accessed in a workgroup; mutually exclusive.
That says your request is not possible
Relevancy 30.1%

I have a HP DV6-6128ca. I just recently discovered an issue I have never noticed before, the two halves of my screen are not in sync. I notice it the most when I am watching a video, and the camera pans or has a lot of movement, straight down the center of my screen (doesn't matter where the video is) you can see the two halves out of sync, it looks like when you're playing games and do not have vertical sync on. I have tried to uninstall Spyder, MacType, and all of my video card drivers, I am just at a loss now. I have the AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series
and AMD Radeon HD 6520G
drivers installed.

A:One half of screen is out of sync

Can anyone help me out at all? In any way?
Relevancy 20.21%

I've been playing games for more than 12 years with KB+Mouse and have never used a controller before. Games are becoming more and more controller optimized and I have an Eyefinity setup that would give a better experience with a gamepad, so I decided to get one

I've narrowed my options to Razer Onza TE BF3 Edition (Wired):

And Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows :

They both seem pretty good, but have heard very mixed views on razer products...

Which one is better ?

A:Razer Onza or Microsoft controller for Windows?

Do you already own a wireless 360 controller? You can use a 360 controller on your PC if you add one of these. I use it and it works fine.
Relevancy 30.53%

Ok so, i was using a Radeon Hd 4670 512 and whenever i turned on my pc, it would show me the bios and everything, sometime even go into the windows loading screen, and then the monitor (which is a samsung lcd 22") would go out of sync (show the analog digital thingy at the top left).

So i switched that gpu with a radeon hd 4550, and it worked fine the entire day yesterday, so i left the pc on during the night. when i woke up, the monitor was out of sync. Is this an electricity problem? what is this?

A:Monitor goes out of sync

"what is this?"...

It may be an indication of the samsung lcd 22 beginning to fail. Try another monitor, to make sure that it is the Samsung. LCD's do go bad
Relevancy 29.67%

Ok, I am about to setup a server used for file syncing and an online db (like SQLite or something?) anyway, I also wanna have Fedora running on it..

I guess I can just get any server and install what I want + make it do what I want it to do, but what server(s) and/or system specs should I be specifically looking at for doing those things better than other servers?

A:File sync + online DB buying advice

Depends. Do you actually need a server?

Are we talking about a dedicated server in a datacenter, or are you building a server at home/work and using it connected to the internet there?

You need to tell us what you want to do with the server. If its a dedicated server, what do you plan to do with it? Monthly bandwidth, unique visitor numbers, number of sites, etc.

For homeserver, again, what is your intended usage. Your current post is far too vague to give any realistic answer.
Relevancy 18.06%

Im trying to set up an email in outlook 2007 with ms exchange 2003. Under the exchange proxy settings, i set the connection settings to RPC.domain, and check the box that says "Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal in their certificate: I use the "msstd:rpc.domain

A:MS Outlook connection with Exchange 2003

Sorrry, I accidently posted before i was finished. but I get an error message saying "the connection to ms exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or conncected to complete this action. Can anyone help me with this. Much appreciated.
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey So this started a few days ago out of the blue i didnt install anything game of out digital in analog, (shows Monitor the sync when thing) goes or change anything i fired up batman arkham city on my pc i played that Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game game before on my pc this was routine and when going ingame monitor went black and gave me that Analog Digital thing at the upper left corner then it ll play that Hardware unplugged sound im on a xp Screen will stay black and go to sleep mode I ran dmark same thing happened Now i m getting no artifacts no tears no weird visual glitches games will even let me go ingame and play for about minutes before the screen shuts down computer will run fine d is great videos run great gpu Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game temps are between to on idle to on full throttle i was thinking of dust bunnies or dirt in general inside my gpu s heatsink and around my gpu i was gonna open the heatsink but the screws are really tight and i only have one of those handle-less drivers http creamyg hugelaser com Projects CES Log Photo Log CES Log Thin Screwdriver jpg What do i do can t afford a new gpu now nbsp

A:Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game

Ok, i opened up the heatsink, it was pretty dirty, so i cleaned everything up.
I reinstalled the GPU on its usual port, and it wouldn't give me an image. So i set it on another port, and voila, image. i doubt it fixed my problem though.

I'm gonna report later if it goes out of sync again
Relevancy 42.57%

I have been playing with my new build and have overclocked the integrated and it GREATLY improved the d scores in passmark and gave a small boost in the d scores as well aside 4th core the my graphics kill Why 3D unlocked does from the d directx test where Why does the unlocked 4th core kill my 3D graphics I cant break fps no matter what I unlocked the th core and left the gpu clock alone and d graphics continued to improve just a bit sub score up to from but d took a huge hit d sub score dropped from to I havent run prime for very long I think it was maybe minutes the longest but it didnt have any errors I have just been running it for a while and then if it lasts that long I would OC it some more check temps and try prime again and figured when it would fail id start to step back and run it long term edit - if you know the problem will it only affect integrated graphics and not an external graphics card down the road it will get one someday and with the huge increase in cpu benchmarks leaving the th core unlocked Id like to leave it that way but not if the graphics will take this hit even with a real graphics card nbsp

A:Why does the unlocked 4th core kill my 3D graphics

if the cpu was locked on a core - it means that core was tested to be unstable or unreliable at the factory. unlocking it does not mean it is usable.
Relevancy 29.24%

I need a pocket sized address book that can sync with WinXP. Any other tasks the device can do are a plus (and might help me choose). What device has a good address book that could be seen as a Rolodex replacement? Most things like this I've found seem to only be compatible with Windows 200 or older. I don't want my phone loaded up with my work contacts but I want that info easy to access. The most important thing would be the ability to look up the business name and find the names of the people there and other notes about them and the business. Any suggestions?
Relevancy 29.24%

Title pretty much says it all. I am a student and do a lot of work on my desktop. However, I take my laptop to school with me and would like it to transfer(sync) everything for me. I was thinking about writing a .bat file to do this for me, but it's been a long time since I've done any serious programming. Both computers are running windows 7 and connected via wireless network. I have a home group setup and I have not deeply looked through the sharing settings.

A:Wondering how to sync my documents from my desktop to laptop automatically

Checkout DropBox as a possible solution

> It's freeware. First 2GB storage is free (and if i recall reasonably priced after that)
> It'll both sync files between computers AND keep a copy on an available server should you need them from elsewhere

Make sure you use a PRIVATE Dropbox folder
> Files are kept on DropBox servers. PRIVATE folders should only be accessible by yourself with secure login but personally, i still don't put my "confidential" files on any public server just being "cyber" cautious
Relevancy 29.67%

My buddy has a Sylvania mp3 model# smpk8854b. He came to me because when he plugs it in, it his computer can't even recognize that it's plugged in, he said he has tried on 3 other computers. So here I am with the same issue, my computer is uptodate on everything I can think of and it still wont do anything. I googled around and this problem seems to be happening alot, but with little variations, I downloaded the virtual CD that was suppose to come with it and as far as I can tell its junk as well, apparantly, a mp3 player that came out 2 years ago uses win98 material.

Anyway, any and all help is welcomed and I thanks in advance, theres a free dinner in it for me if I can get it working! lol

A:Major Sylvania sync issues

Been trying some more and havn't been able to come to any conclusion
Relevancy 29.24%

Hello everyone I m a total computer nub and really don t know very much about hardware and what to do when things break but I am able to follow instructions so I m really hoping that someone here can help me as I m so upset about what s no sync and now error graphics! Transport Hyper flood happened I play WoW it s the only game I play and I used to play on a laptop yesterday I bought a brand new desktop PC specifically for playing WoW I was told that spec-wise this computer was total overkill and would have no problems whatsoever running it Between yesterday morning and pm today I have probably ayed for Hyper Transport flood sync error and now no graphics! about hours and the Hyper Transport flood sync error and now no graphics! PC was shut down overnight I played for hour today and all of a sudden my screen flickered black and the PC restarted needless to say I was shocked Upon restarting it showed an error quot Hyper transport flood error press f to resume quot so I pressed f and it booted up as normal so I thought no more of it and hoped it was a once time occurance I proceeded to reopen wow but as soon as I double clicked the icon the PC restarted again and presented me with the exact same error message This time though when it restarted and I pressed f my screen went black and said quot no signal quot as though my monitor had become unplugged or something So I checked all the connections Hyper Transport flood sync error and now no graphics! which were all fine tried restarting the computer but the screen will not come back on I have plugged into the integrated graphics port to write this and all is working fine but as soon as I plug into the card I get the quot no signal quot message So far I have tried completely restoring the PC to factory settings uninstalled reinstalling the graphics drivers and disabling the onboard graphics in the BIOS which gave me a POST of long beep and short beeps I have also tried an old nvidia graphics card which does work but not properly I guess it is not compatible with windows as even after installed nvidias drivers it still did not display properly Does it sound like the graphics card is completely dead I m pretty sure that s what it is but would like a second opinion as I am so upset that the computer is only a day old and the graphics card has already broken and I think its quite strange that it was working perfectly until I got that strange error Thank you so much in advance to anyone who can offer some advice Specs ADVENT CBE CENTURION Black Edition AMD Phenom II X Ghz CPU stock up to Ghz in automated accelerated turbo overclocked mode - Foxconn AMD chip motherboard - GB DDRII RAM x GB Mhz - Watercooled CPU - for better noise reduction - Gigabyte AMD HD GB gaming graphics card with twin dual link DVI HDMI DisplayLink - GB HDD - WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM nbsp

A:Hyper Transport flood sync error and now no graphics!

I'd take it back to the shop if they claim 'no problems whatsoever'. HT link flood errors seem to be caused usually by too low voltage/current on CPU/memory, so it could mean insufficient (read: low quality) PSU.
Relevancy 42.57%

Can you say that IF phenom 965 BE may be Locked from Begining , or its Pure Quad Core that is Fully unlocked from First !

for example i5 760 is Unlocked & there is nothing to Unlock , i wanna know if Phenom is just like that & wont be Locked !

A:Will Phenom 965 BE be unlocked or we should unlock it via mobo?

The Black Edition AMD processors are all unlocked from the get go ... nothing to worry about.
Relevancy 29.67%

running XP sp3 on both desktop and netbook. Zone Alarm firewall is on both machines, but has been configured to allow access each way.

I am using freefilesync and am trying to sync a folder and it's content (about 200mb) over my home network from the desktop PC to an SDHC card in the netbook card reader.

Whenever I run the sync it get an error message:

windows error message 5 access is denied.

I have googled, but don't know enough to separate what I need from the search results.

I have been able to copy and paste the folder and it's contents directly from the desktop to the netbook sdhc card, and appear to have read and write access each way.

Any help appreciated.

Many Thanks

A:File sync over network to SDHC card

On the machine with the card, if you open My Computer, how does the SDHC card appear
or does it show up at all?
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi all Help needed please I am running windows x triple dual sync view problems HDMI core amd gig ddr and ati gfx I have been running a dual view setup without problems HDMI dual view sync problems using hdmi to my onkyo amp and which is outputting to my quot hitachi lcd screen I tried drag a game onto the lcd screen and i got a no sync message come up the screen and a black screen Now whenever i plug the hdmi cable in to the gfx card and reboot it displays the bios setup but as soon as it goes to windows it loses sync with the lcd and switches the main desktop screen off I have uninstalled reinstalled various ati drivers at least three times and used driver sweeper to be sure it was cleaned up If i plug the hdmi from the pc straight to the lcd screen everything is fine i have tried different hdmi cables and used other hdmi ports on the reciever and as i say HDMI dual view sync problems it works when not in windows thanks in advance nbsp
Relevancy 20.64%

My razer deathadder recently died and I couldn't afford another one, so I went for something cheaper

I got the intellimouse 3.0 and i'm not too impressed

I have the pointer speed set on the fastest setting, but when you are moving the pointer around slowly it jerks in increments of of a millimetre or so, and its quite frustrating when gaming, especially in sniper situations

Is there any way to make it smoother?

A:Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 - making it smoother?

If you haven't already, install the intellipoint driver. Although the mouse will work using the native Windows driver, you will have fuller use of its capabilities if you install the latest driver.
Relevancy 30.1%

ok, so i have several movies in .avi format, and when played, on any media player, there is a sync problem. the sound comes before the video by about 4-6 seconds. this happens all throughout video. how do i fix this?

A:Audio sync problem with AVI

Did you try VLC? It should use its own codecs instead of system wide ones. It is most likely a codec issue and if VLC plays it fine you probably need to update the codec for whatever format the .avis contain.
Relevancy 29.67%

Hi apologies if this is in the wrong forum cant seem to find one that fits Right here s the background so you understand My new company has just given me a nice smart samsung omnipro PDA This has been setup sync Active contacts of sets 2 to sync with the works exchange Active sync 2 sets of contacts server via GPRS and download my mail contacts etc etc However i am still with my old company for the next few days and on their exchange server i have stored in my contacts about years worth of phone numbers of pretty much everyone i have needed to speak to Now im not leavng the old company as such the of them have partnered up so i need the phone numbers of about of them I access my exchange for the old company through Outlook using a secure HTTPS connection this means that i can see and edit my contacts mail etc etc i can only access my new company via an web based version of outlook Ok here s the problem having setup a partnership with my laptop via active sync it sees my outlook account and the PDA shows both the laptop account and the work account But if i sync to outlook on my laptop and thus get my old works contacts then when i try to change it to also then get my new company contacts via the GPRS connection activesync deletes the existing contacts In other words i cant sync both sets of contacts as doing one deletes the other I am sure there is an answer to this but i cant seem to find it nbsp
Relevancy 29.67%

I have my iPod touch, Outlook and my one computer synced perfectly.

Now I want to sync my ipod to my second computer so Outlook and iTunes are exactly the same.

When I hook up the ipod to the second computer (under the Summary tab "Manually checked) I have a "Sync" option. But when I click on "Info" tab and check sync Contacts, etc I get an "Apply" button instead of "Sync".

Want to make sure I don't make any changes to the iPod.

What should I do to sync to the second computer?

A:Sync iPod Touch to second computer

Found this any comments.
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently reinstalled windows xp on my ibm t43 but now I can't connect to the Internet. I've tried everything I know which is very little, but I can't find the wireless conection that is in my house.

I'm in need of some help... Please

A:Can't connect to Internet after reinstalling Microsoft XP

Hi Speedracer :wave:

I am not a mod, but
Welcome to :grinthumb

When I arrived, one of the Mods welcomed me with these helpful hints.

You should read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.
System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay
Relevancy 38.27%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.
Relevancy 17.63%

A user has been using her laptop for several years and uses Outlook for her POP3 email.
When we installed a server and joined her laptop to the domain she was unable to see her email without logging out of the server and logging back into her local account.
How do I let her domain profile be the same as her local profile?

A:User loses access to outlook email after being joined to domain

You can't, it's considered as a different user. Just take the settings from Outlook and import them into the other account name.
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello I recently bought and installed the Flight Simulator X Acceleration Pack X Flight Simulator Microsoft in my laptop but when I play it I have a poor performance such as low FPS and chopped gameplay so I have weather scenary and traffic in very low but Microsoft Flight Simulator X for the resolution Microsoft Flight Simulator X it is the same for my computer to use a low one x than the higher one x Does anybody know how I can fix it My laptop has the following specification Acer Aspire Z OS Windows Vista bit with DirectX Processor Intel Pentium dual-core T GHz MHz FSB MB L Cache GB RAM BG HDD Video Card MB Mobile Intel Graphic Media Accelerator X Chipset Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Controller Version I am not sure if it is because it uses a lot of CPU resources or if it is because of the processor or the Video Card I have other games as Age of Empires and it has a high performance even if guns are firing Thanks nbsp

A:Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Everybody complains about this. I think the program is a resource from the jump.

Now FS2004, that will run great on anything. And it doesn't have to be activated.
Relevancy 20.64%

I am connected to a network domain. When I go to My network places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>Domain I can see all networked computers when I am wired in but when I connect wirelessly I cannot. I use a "Wireless access point" connected to my firewall router. I have tried disabling the wireless firewall and assigning a static IP. I am logged into the domain but the only way to can view the other computers on the network is to connect through a wired connection. I'm thinking it has to be a setting in my Wireless router but I cannot figure it out.

A:Viewing Microsoft windows network

when you connect via the wire, and via wireless is the ip address,subnet and default gateway in the same range ?
Relevancy 20.64%

I noticed when I turned on my computer today it said it was unable to install some drivers. I look in my device manager and it has the yellow exclamation mark by the following:

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #5

My system is a Dell XPS 630i on Vista 32bit home premium.

I immediately went to the Dell site and installed all the latest drivers and the bios as well but this did not fix the problem.

I am able to connect to the internet. Is this a problem and if so can somone wizard help me troubleshoot it?

Cheers in advance

A:Microsoft 6to4 adapter

Delete these drivers in the Device Manager and restart your system. See if Vista reinstalls these automatically
Relevancy 18.06%

My smartphone used to sync with the office Exchange Server, but I now want to sync my Outlook contacts with my home PC using standalone Outlook 2003. My PC runs XP SP2 and ActiveSync 4.5. Smartphone is Windows Mobile 6 Standard.

It looks as if I cannot sync Exchage Server contacts to standalone Outlook - if I try to switch to synching with Outlook it tells me the contacts on my phone will be deleted. Is there a safe way of diong this? I would rather retype all my contacts from the phone screen than risk losing them - I can no longer access my former office's Exchange Server.

Thanks for any help - Firepig

A:ActiveSync, Outlook and Exchange Server

Try updating XP to SP3 and check for other Microsoft Updates too, while you are at it
Relevancy 20.64%

My Microsoft Habu mouse freezes when at some game servers, I play mainly DFX and in some servers where plenty of action is going on, the "nice" mouse freezes for several seconds, about 5 to 10 seconds....specially if I swirl it.

My PC is home built with an Intel Q6750, 22 inches samsung lcd monitor, G 15 Logitech KB, 4 G memory Mushkin, GForce 280 Video card, nfORCE 780I MOBO,Thermaltake 750 PSU, several fans and a V1 cpu cooler. I run Windows XP Pro 32.

Any idea why this is happening, the driver version is 2.12 and firmware is 2.03 on the mouse. I am about to dump it to the garbage can, any suggestion about a real good and reliable mouse, cost is no issue...

A:Microsoft Habu mouse troubles

Go with a moderately priced Logitec gaming mouse
Relevancy 17.63%

When composing an e-mail in Outlook 2007 (Vista), the typing never wraps round to the next line; it types as one continuous line from left to right. What do you do to change this back to multi-line?

Thanks for you help.

A:Outlook 2007 (Vista) email page layout

Which format are you using to compose the message? (HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text?)
Relevancy 20.64%

when i try to change the font in excel or word it freezes and then crashes. but it doesn't do this with power point or one note. i have reinstalled it, deleted the thing but nothing seems to work. and yes i have done the Microsoft diagnostics but it says that it should be working fine. so it would be nice if some 1 knew why this happens and how to fix it

A:Microsoft Word 07 freezes

any 1? come on there must be some 1 that has had this happen to them and know a fix for this
Relevancy 20.64%

We have a new WSUS server running WSUS 3.0 sp1 on Windows Server 2008. I'm new to this so I was wondering if anybody would know it's it's capability be to deploy non-Microsoft installs and upgrades. I'm specificially thinking about Adobe products (mostly Adobe Acrobat). We will need to upgrade all of the computers on our network from version Acrobat 8 to version 9 pretty soon. Will there be a way to do that? Will there be a way to deploy updates when they come out? Or just one or the other? Is that pretty much up to the individual vendor? Do they have to make a special package that we put on the server? Or can we make one ourselves? Would that be hard?
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New VX-3000 Problems Microsoft Lifecam Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still get the error message Next I check and see if Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems

If no one can help me with my problem, can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can resolve it. (Other than Microsoft Customer Support that is, that's definitely a last resort).
Relevancy 18.06%

I hope I'm putting this in the right place and I know it's probably I really simplistic question, but here it is:

I have Comcast Cable internet via modem that connects to my DLink 4500 gaming router. I have a PC(wired) , Laptop (wireless), another PC(wired), and XBox360(wireless) all connected to the Cable internet and home network.

I was thinking about changing my Comcast mail to Outlook express -- is this a good Idea? Can it be done? If so how do I do it? If I do it will all my mail accounts go through Outlook or can I just do mine and not my son's and husband's? Sorry again if this is not the place, but I figured you're used to newbies not knowing where to post. Thanks

A:Comcast Mail to Outlook Express

Your Comcast email is known as a Webmail solution, while Outlook, Outlook Express
are Pop3 Email Clients.

All you need is to configure your Email Client to access the Postoffice @ Comcast;
you will actually still be able to use BOTH

The Comcast settings are here
Relevancy 18.06%

Every time I compose a new message in Outlook Express and use MIDI music as a background the SW SYNTH in audio gets knocked back to zero. This only happens in OLEXP, toherwise MIDI's play OK.
Running Windows XP Pro SP3 OLEXP 6.0

A:Outlook express affects audio control

What is your computer? Make and model?
Relevancy 19.78%

I currently have a pc that was windows 2000 that is now not working. I recently put a new hard drive into the pc and it currently store all my music (itunes) and document flies. I would like to if it is possible to take the hard drive out and connect it to my other computer externally. The only other issue is the other computer is running on vista. Is it possible to do this?

A:Can I make my internal HD external and I change the type of microsoft it runs with?

Yes, you can take that hard drive out of the 2k machine and read it just fine in Vista. What you can't do is take your OS drive from 2k and boot another machine with it, but I don't think that is what you were asking.
Relevancy 18.06%

Help! How can I share Outlook 2007 Calendar on 3 networked computers running vista home premium? Don't wanna spend 700 bucks for Exchange Server. Can it be done?

A:Share Outlook Calendar

For workgroup users (ie those without a domain controller), it is done by sharing
each appointment;

create or open an appointment
click the Attendee Availability tab
at the lower left, click Invite Others
enter the name of the Contact and click find
when selected, click Required or Optional
repeat for all attendees
when done, click OK
as each Contact receives the appointment by email, they accept or decline the schedule
their calendar and yours are updated
and the status of all can be seen using the radio button Show Attendee Status
Relevancy 18.06%

Ok, so i got kinda a blue screen yeah . I tried to start a video chat on msn, well the computer decided not to like that. Anyway, now i get this message every time i try to install my sound drivers

"Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system before installing realteck HD audio driver"

My mobo

Using onboard sound.

Googled, read, looked around, ran windows repair, help? pls? thanks guys

A:Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system.... "error"

after googleing, i found 2 potential solutions:

Right click on My Computer, go to Properties, Hardware Tab, Device Manager. Look for any yellow bubbles next to the devices. If you see any, right click on it and click install driver. Select the option to find the drivers yourself, the next screen should allow you to browse and navigate to that folder. If the drivers still don't install then go to in IE and get any hardware updates you can get. The MS bus driver might be an update you need to get.Click to expand...

I installed WinXP once more, installed SP2 and then the Sound Driver.
Again it didnt work.

Then I remembered that i actually had changed a sound card setting in the bios. (No i did not diasble the soundcard )

The case i have installed this Mboard in has a front pannel.
And the Mboard has a front panel connector.

To connect the front pannel I had turned to the manual to get the rigtht pins set up.
The manual states on page 2-31 that:
"The default setting for this connector is legacy AC'97 audio, if you want to use the High Definition (Azalia) audio features, set the AC97 & Azalia Link A in the BIOS to Azalia."

Well this case does not use a high-definition audio front panel, so of course i had diasbled the Azalia Link i Bios.
(It was enabled in the Bios even when the manual said that the default setting was AC'97, ow well ... )

For "fun" i just tried to put it back to the setting it was when i installed the Mboard (Azalia), and then, bingo, the sound card worked in windows.Click to expand...

seems like a very rare problem.
Relevancy 38.7%

Lots of valuable information in that file I'd like to access. I was able to create a new Outlook file in safe mode so I guess the program is OK.

It was suggested to me recently the cause may have been due to me having Microsoft Service Pack 1 at the time. I had not updated to Service Pak 2 (which I now believe has been updated to Service Pak 3). Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, do you think there's a chance that if I update my Service Pak that I might still have a chance of recovering the data I had in my original Outlook file?

A:Still unable to open Microsoft Outlook

I dont think just upgrading to service pack 3 would do any good.

May be you need some more luck there.

Hope you get the help you need

Relevancy 20.64%

Been trying to solve problems with my graphics card for ages think i've finally found it

in IRQs i have about 100
"Microsoft ACPI compliant system"

why do i need so many?

is this a error?

i was hoping someone would know something about these and why i have so many.

just got me worried when the list appeared with loads of them on,

system specs:-

OS: Running vista ultimate 64bit & XP Home with 2 Hardrives
Case: Coolermaster Black NVIDIA Edition Stacker 830
Power: CM Realpower 850W Modular PSU
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Extreme Edition QX6850 3.0ghz Kentsfield
Motherbaord: Asus Extreme Sriker II 780i
Controllers: Scythe Kama-Meter Multi Functional Controller
Memory: Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2 Dominator PC2-8500C5 TwinX
Storage: 2 x Samsung SpinPoint T 160GB SATA-II
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic 7.1 Sound Card
Graphics: 512MB BFG Tech 8800GTS

hope someone can help.

A:Microsoft ACPI compliant system? too many?

That is not a normal thing imo.

In Bios;

Make sure your Advanced setting for Plug and Play OS is set to Yes.

Then, under Power, set the ACPI APIC Support to Disabled for now.

Boot and see what, if anything, changes.
Relevancy 20.64%

I just bought a Razer Reclusa keyboard and the only problem I'm having is that it does not "power up" so to speak until after post. If I needed to get into the BIOS I could press [del] a million times and nothing would happen. Once windows starts up, it works fine. Is this just the way the keyboard is? I'd appreciate any info.

A:Microsoft Razer Reclusa Keyboard

Haven't looked up that keyboard, but I think I know what it is (the fix) anyway.

You need to get into your BIOS (with another keyboard, ideally PS/2 if you have the connection)
Then set Enable for USB Keyboard/Mouse support

I think that may be a bit of a mind teaser to do, but I'm sure you'll work it out
Relevancy 20.64%

Well I was in the market Zune Microsoft 30GB for a new mp player as I broke my old Creative Zen MicroPhoto and ended up buying a Zune on ebay they are not actually available for sale in stores in Australia First Microsoft Zune 30GB off I was expecting a much larger box for it to arive in I was kind of suprised that it was as small as it was not that its really small though The layout of the box is kinda neat though Headphones that came with it are pretty good for default earbuds they also are magnetic and have small little clips on the back so you can clip together back to back Nifty and rather handy I have found Video quality is very nice for an mp player I think Although I dont use it for video just music I have watched the little videos that came on it I thought they were very nice quality It has WiFi novelty maybe but not a feature I really care about and think I will ever use Interface looks nice and performs well although I do prefer the interface of my old Zen MicroPhoto I am dissapointed that you cant use the device as a portable hard drive I have read that you can do a couple of changes to your windows registry and it will show up as a portable hard drive But I dont really care about this I have flash drives that are sufficient for my portable storage needs Its not perfect and has no extraordinary features but If you are in the market for a mp player and don t like iPods as I do consider a Zune If anyone has any questions about the Zune I will be happy to help you as best I can nbsp

A:Microsoft Zune 30GB

Did it come with the new firmware ? When the second generation of Zune players came out, it was officially possible to upgrade old Zune players to the second generation firmware.
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a ATI Radeon 9200 AGP graphics card however it only has hardware acceleration when i install Microsofts drivers. When i install the ATI Catylist drivers then dxidag shows accelaration greyed out. I have an AGP 3.0 slot.
Is there a specific driver that i am suppose to install as this card was given to me second hand?
What could be the cause of this?

A:ATI Radeon 9200 only works with Microsoft drivers

Fully uninstall the ATI program
You may also use the ATI uninstall program to be very thorough.

Download the most up to date ATI program(drivers) for your card
Re-install and test again.
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi I have this problem we have a server running exchange server. There is 3 computers connected to the server running outlook. On 1 of the computers all of the emails have been deleted how can i restore the emails back onto this computer the other 2 computers have all of the emails.

A:Outlook passed 2gb .pst file

Oh I thought you were wondering about changeing the maximum limit :
Relevancy 17.63%

Hey people
I have Microsoft Outlook 2007 Service Pack 1
I would like to know how I can install Polish for spell checking
I can speak Polish but can't write it

A:How do I install Polish language for spell checking in Outlook 2007 SP1?

I think installing Proofing Tools from your Office CD and then install Polish proofing tools.

More info here:

And here:
And here:
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello guys I just purchassed a laptop HP Pavilion dv cl Entertainment Notebook PC After the very first thing I did opening it from the box and setting it to Cannot only Microsoft connect sites up I tried to connect on the internet I found Cannot connect only to Microsoft sites that Cannot connect only to Microsoft sites all Microsoft related sites refused to connect and of course Windows Update too I am able to connect to Google Yahoo and some other sites but as I said cannot connect to Microsoft IE shows website found Loading but it never does I struggled to fix this issue by going to HP support site thinking to update Ethernet drivers and so but all in vain I also tried to use a couple of drivers from NVIDIA s site but it was helpless The other thing is that at HP Drivers and Support site my hardware does not match For this specific model there is provided software for the hardware that is not present in my l-top For instance bluetooth is not present in my l-top and when I downloaded the Network driver and tried to apply the update an error message was displayed as no bluetooth device is present on the system which aborted the further installation I also have different type of Optical Drive I tried to contact HP Online Support but it kept showing connecting without ever finishing it To this writing I am not in the States and also when I set up the l-top for the first time I was out of US if it does make any difference I know that nothing is wrong with my ISP because I can connect another PC and the network works just fine I really need help in this matter AMD Athlon x TK- Mother Board manufacturer QUANTA MODEL CF CHIPSET NVIDIA nForce Rev Graphics NVIDIA GeForce Go M nbsp

A:Cannot connect only to Microsoft sites

what operating system did you install?
did you also install a firewall program or any other "freeware" utilities for internet security and stuff?
did you try a different browser such as firefox?

please post back
Relevancy 29.67%

turn my computer on .. everything sounds like its booting up.. but the monitor says nothing but invalid sync and goes away .... not sure what my issue is here ... my vid card is properly snugged into its slot ... so its not that .... i read something about my monitor settings could be the problem ? idk.. confused ... any help would be greatly appreciaited

A:Video problem? invalid sync

You must be A+ Certified... What are your system specs? Try booting into Safe Mode and select "VGA" is you can see anything
Relevancy 29.67%

I don't know what happened. My sound is off sync. The gunshots, foot steps etc is being heard from a different direction then it actually is happening. please help , thanks

A:Counter strike audio off sync

are your speakers on the wrong side?

and if not, check if the program you use to manipulate your sound settings had an invert audio check box?

mine does, it's for people who need to use their speakers backwards due to cord length or special surround sound setup
Relevancy 30.1%

I've just started to use Vision 5 in Nero 8 and am burning a DVT-MS file to make a DVD-Video. Everything is good apart from the sound which appears to be about a second or two behind the video. Has anyone any ideas how to remidy this?

A:Audio video sync

Can we have your systems specs?
Relevancy 30.96%
Q: sync

Are there any mp3 players that will sync up with Windows media player? I've tried to get my Ipod to sync up, but being an Ipod...*&#%! $*@^!!......

i understand where you're coming from, i can't stand itunes personally

as far as i know anything that will plug straight into your usb port will sync with wmp and players by creative might, but i'm not sure. i expect the microsoft zune players will work with it though. however when windows media player syncs with a mobile device it copies the files straight onto it, it doesn't put them in folders or organize them in any way
Relevancy 20.21%

I just need to know if the Trackball Mouse cables Microsoft and compatible? USB cable in a Microsoft button optical mouse ends in an internal plastic plug I have a Microsoft Microsoft Mouse and Trackball cables compatible? button optical trackball with a broken wire than can t be repaired When I looked online to buy a replacement only then did I lean Microsoft stopped making selling their optical trackball s WTF so there are no replacement parts out there to be had They are so rare now even broken trackballs fetch a premium I opened it up to see if I could fix it and the cable ends in a simple five-connector plug so fixing my trackball couldn t be easier If only I could find a replacement cable Microsoft still makes sells their button optical mice but doesn t sell parts If it uses the same cable I figure I can buy a cheap one just for the cord and use it in my trackball Anyone out there ever open up their Microsoft button optical mouse that can confirm for me if the cable just plugs in inside nbsp

A:Microsoft Mouse and Trackball cables compatible?

Go ahead and try the cable... I hope the wire color codes are the same. I use a wireless Logitech. Maybe it's time for you to switch to a wireless mouse
Relevancy 20.21%

I just bought a Microsoft laser mouse 6000 from Newegg (specs here). I'm trying to get the back and forward buttons working in Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty). I did some modifications to configuration files as suggested by Google search results. Unfortunately, that screwed it up so that the scroll wheel controls back and forward, and the real back and forward buttons don't work at all.

The imwheelrc config file (/etc/X11/imwheel/imwheelrc) says that the xf86config file needs to allow for enough mouse buttons. But locating xf86config in the terminal returns nothing.

What can I do??

A:Microsoft Laser Mouse 6000 on Ubuntu 7.04

Relevancy 20.64%

Hi all,
I'm new here and I guess the title says it all. Every time when I do some work on ms word my pc will restart itself at random times. Just for your info, there's nothing running on the pc while I'm on ms word. By the way I'm using windows xp, intel pentium D dual core processor, 512mb ram and power supply tecom 450w. Kinda weird I know but it happens almost every time I'm on ms word and only word else it never restart like tat. Anyone can help? Thanks

A:Pc restart whenever I'm on microsoft word

tried uninstall and reinstall?
Relevancy 47.3%

I am encountering a bizarre issue synchronizing a Motorola Q to our in-house Exchange server. Topically, everything is working as expected. The problem at hand is, at seemingly random intervals, the Outlook inbox as well as the Q Outlook inbox randomly marks all messages as read; as would be expected, this is creating havoc in matters of scheduling, &c. I have searched all of the Outlook settings, as well as all available Outlook-related options on the Q to no avail. Has anyone had any experience with these phones or any such synchronization issues? Outlook 2003 is completely updated; I am not sure about the version of the Q's firmware, but would assume, considering the phone is new, that it is probably the latest version....

Any ideas?

A:Motorola Q- Outlook 2003 sync issue

Check with technical support for Motorola Q phone... To see if they have any issues like you have described above..
Relevancy 19.78%

I have uninstalled Microsoft Flight Simulator X Demo, but it is still in the add and remove programs in the control panel. Can someone tell me how to get it out of there?
[email protected]
Relevancy 30.53%

Hey, I would like to know if it possible to play audio on two different PCs through LAN and them being sync - like having four speakers instead of two. I don't want Dolby sound or anything like that, just being able two play a song at the same time. I do it manually - select the same songs on both the PCs, and trying to sync them by pressing the Play button at the same time, or in my case a few secs after hitting it on one of my PCs - but its just to hard and time consuming. I tried VLC player but it only streams the audio to the other PC and doesn't play it on the on the PC streaming it. Hope that I didnt confused you all but if I did , don't hesitate to ask any of your queries. :suspiciou

A:Audio Sync on two PC

Why ?

Buy a BIG pair of speakers and a large amplifier, and hope the neighbours dont mind ...

I use a program called VirtualDJ, it allows you to stream from 1 PC to any amount of PC's on a LAN, the only drawback is that the stream is delayed by about 10 seconds, I cant say I have heard of any software that will do this but there might be.

Relevancy 30.53%

is it possible to take my 120 gig passport and sync my 60-some gig music file from my internal 200gig? like i want it to update my passport whenever new music is in there and vice versa.

A:sync software

see ALLWAY SYNC under the Review forum
Relevancy 21.07%

Well i'm not really sure if thiis is the right place to ask but has any1 bought or know someone who has a zune? im thinkin about gettin 1 and am not really sure if they got all the bug worked outta them yet, cuz i heard that they don't work as a hdd yet but they are workin on it. got any suggestions?

A:Microsoft Zune

Yeah, I bought one the same day they came out. I was looking at an iPod. Some friends have had problems with them so I decided to check out the Zune. It can not be used as a HDD at this time as you already know.

Funny thing is, or I found it amusing at least, is that right out of the box it requires a firmware update! Looks like something sooooo new, MS would have already done this before release. The update only takes a few minutes, no biggy really. BUGS???I have not encountered anything strage operationally.

One thing(s) to consider.....the iPod's I believe have adjustable EQ's where the ZUNE only has presets to choose from. The ear buds that come with it really dont sound that me at least. It is ONLY compatable with XP, forget about using 2000. I had to upgrade my laptop to XP to use the Zune, didnt realize this at purchase. Not compatible with Vista of yet anyways. You will need to buy a DVD converter to copy movies to the Zune. Or try and find a free one....they dont exist believe me. (my problem now is finding one that works well, there are many out there)

The Zune software you DL on your PC is very easy to use. The screen itself on the Zune looks very very good. It comes pre-loaded with several music videos and short movie clips. The Zune syncs easy with the PC, no problems at far....remember this is by MS!

So far I am happy with mine....I have already DL'd around 300 songs on it. You can search your music by band, genre, song etc. Storing pictures on it is very similiar. So far I would recommend you buying one!
Relevancy 20.21%

I have the latest IntelliPoint drivers (5.5), but there is still no way of re-mapping the tilt wheel functions at all. It would be great for games if i could remap to arrow keys for example, because horizontal scrolling isnt recognised in many programs, or ANY games.

Please someone help if they have any idea...

A:Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 4.0 - How to remap tilt-wheel

not too sure about remapping tilt wheel, but i would try a google search and check with M$
Relevancy 30.53%
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, first time posting so hi
I'm getting ready to unlock my amd xp-3200 and have a ?
i'm using a asus a7n8x-e m/b in the bios it shows cpu multipliers up to 16.5
does this mean it's already unlocked (at the factory) or do i still have to work with the cpu ie fill in the gaps and connect the dots

thanx for any help

A:unlocked xp-3200+

Do a Google search with the stepping number thats on the chip.
Relevancy 30.53%

when i play videos on windows media player, it goes out of sync after the 'commercials/break'. the commercials have been edited out and the show cuts straight back in as if there were no commercials. but it seems to only go out of sync after when the commercial would have been.

It does this little weird distorted pixel thing for about 2 secs after every commercial too, and then carries on but out of sync.

ive been watching these shows for ages but its only recently decided to go all weird.
maybe theres a codec that could sort this out?!

any ideas?

A:Out of sync video

How was the video captured and how where commercials cut out? If captured to tape media first, a lose of "control track" can cause a lose of time code. If this occurs the video and audio may be out of sync when captured on computer. I have seen this when capturing from dvcam tapes that begin to wear out. A "glitch" on the tape causes an interuption to the time code ,when captured on comp. there is a lose of sync. If commercial were cut out via tape pause then record, this can occur. If same video file has played correctly in the passed, the lose of control track may have corrupted the file. Some players are more tolerant than others, maybe try anther player like Divx player. You may also be able to correct this via video editng software.
Relevancy 18.06%

I have a weird problem connection problem when I to go to Outlook. The connection says authorizing then a timeout error. This problem comes and goes. Does anyone have a thought as to what this might be?

A:DSL/Outlook Express problem

Try disabling email scanning in your AV/Firewall.
Relevancy 20.21%

How do i fix this problem?? >>> The System file is not sutible for MS-DOS and Microsoft Window?

A:The System file is not sutible for MS-DOS and Microsoft Window?

Try XP_FIX.exe
"This installaton program will reinstall the missing or corrupt Windows XP system files, autoexec.nt and config.nt. The absence or corruption of one or more of these files causes a "16 Bit Subsystem" error.

We recommend that you download this file and save it to your desktop or to another location where you can find it. Double click on the file to run it once it's downloaded. If problem reoccurs in the future, simply re-run this program."

Microsoft describe the manual method HERE
Relevancy 16.77%

Catchy title I ll get to it Its at the end of my autobiography below Recently while playing Oblivion my pc has been displaying the blue-screen-of-death Sadly there is nothing written on the blue-screen-of-death Its only an empty blue screen It just turns blue after about minutes of playing and I just restart my pc Microsoft Apparantly "Needs My Help" It didn t always used to be like this though I used to play Oblivion a lot - hours at a time Until one day after a couple of hours of playing I got the BSoD The first thing that came to mind were those hundreds of ffdshow audio icons that appear in the Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help" system tray when exiting Oblivion if you ve played oblivion and watched movies on the same pc you know what I m talking about So following the advice of a FAQ on the offical Oblivion site I configured ffdshow not to open with Oblivion Then it truly began Everytime I would play Oblivion for Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help" more than half an hour the audio would start messing up and then eventually I would get the BSoD The first thing I did was re-install the audio drivers graphics card drivers and even ffdshow No help I had already purchased a new Watt PSU for soon-to-come upgrades I hope to replace my Watt one So I put that in its in now and no help Upon restarting my computer after one of those BSoDs Windows informed me as it usually does afterwards that it has recovered from a serious error This time I decided to submit the error report Internet explorer opened and took me to a webpage informing me the Microsoft was aware of this error and they needed more people to give them full memory dumps to help them analyze it However they needed the full dumps and I only had minidumps so I couldn t help them out at least until I reproduce the error and get a full dump Anyway you now know the story of my life so can you help me out I don t think my problem is on the top of Microsofts to-do list You may wonder why I haven t posted this in some sort of Oblivion forum and I ll tell you I got the BSoD once while playing FEAR I was playing many games to test out the new Watt PSU and I played Doom Half-Life FEAR Quake and the Chronicles of Riddick all day long I got the BSoD when exiting FEAR I haven t been able to reproduce the BSoD for FEAR since For this reason I don t think this is strictly an Oblivion problem and this place is the most helpfull among the many forums I have seen the Oblivion forum is full of annoyed and annoying people Here is the error I get upon restarting if anyone can decipher it BCCode a BCP BCP C BCP BCP FF OSVer SP Product And here are my specs - Pentium D Processor with Dual Core Technology GHz FSB - GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz- DIMMs - GB Serial ATA Hard Drive RPM w DataBurst Cache - MB PCI Express x DVI VGA TV-out ATI Radeon X SE HyperMemory - Sound Blaster Audigy ZS D Card w Dolby and IEEE - FSP PSU AX -PN W RT nbsp

A:Apparantly Microsoft "Needs My Help"

Your problem IS with ffdshow.

ffdshow is much more than just a simple movie viewer... it also replaces several windows media format CODEC's with it's own versions of these.

Most games use several Win XP CODEC's, which in your case, have now been overwritten by beta, open source, untested or unsupported CODEC's. Oblivion, for example, uses the Windows CODEC For MPG2 video streams. Users of both ffdshow, DVD X-Copy Platinum and dozens of other 3rd party packages have been experiencing this problem as these packages replace the supported, tested Win XP CODEC's with their own.

My best advice to you would be to try removing all unneccessary 3rd party applications that have replace XP CODEC's, or try various 3rd party CODEC downloads with your fingers crossed one will yield the same compatibility as the stock Windows XP versions.
Relevancy 43%

I haven't seen alot of postings on performance for the 6800XT so here are my results. I've managed to overclock it, and unlocked 4 pixels and 2 vertex pipelines.

Athlon64 2800 @ 1800 MHz
1024 GBytes DDR400

Default Settings:
300 MHz/ 700 MHz (8 pixels/4 vertex)
3D Mark05 2657
3D Mark06 1196

Default Clock - Pipelines unlocked
300 MHz/ 700 MHz (12 pixels/ 6 vertex)
3D Mark05 3393
3D Mark06 1450

Over Clocked - Pipelines unlocked
360 MHz/ 825 MHz (12 pixels/ 6 vertex)
3D Mark05 3959
3D Mark06 1469
Relevancy 39.56%

I have windows XP .When i opening Microsoft outlook It get hanging.When i changing the data store folder then it opening.After 2 or 3 days the same pbm occured.I have Macfee 8.0 installed on that pc.
Plz give solution.
Relevancy 29.67%

A most perplexing problems, Dell has been of no help. New Axim X51V syncs fine on first attempt, but cannot sync after computer has been turned off. Have to uninstalled sync program and reinstall to sync computer with Axim. Have tried disabling firewall, no difference. This Axim is running Mobile 5.0, and the Sync program is ActiveSync 4.1 Everything is configuered correctly according to Dell and Microsoft. Computer is Dell Inspiron 8500, Running Windows Xp that I am using to sync with... Some conditions:
After first sync, Axim shows up on device manager
Am using USB to connect
When checking my "safely remove hardware icon, nothing show up here.
On second attempt to sync, computer doesn't find Axim, I get a balloon that says" Wireless connection is now connected" (that's weird)

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Relevancy 18.06%

I have just lost every thing on O/Exp, all folders, emails the lot, it now looks like the first time I ran with O/Exp all the basic folders are there but empty, I have tried restore but it's just the same. Have done a search and what comes up is the same empty O/Exp. I have a feeling that the start up may be inhibited as I had a start up progame and monitor which I have just deleted. HELP, if the wife finds out I will be made to do the ironing for a month aaah.

A:Outlook Express Disappearance

This link is almost relevant- the bit about searching for .dbx files certainly is.
Relevancy 20.64%

I have just bought a new mouse for my computer, its a microsoft optical wheel mouse. It seems to work fine on the desktop but when i get into a game such as CS it seems to freeze in places, particually when im aiming. It will move fine but when i try and aim at someone sometimes the mouse wont move as if its kinda frozen, its hard to explain but if any of you have any ideas why this might be would be very much appreciated!

A:Microsoft Mouse Problems

The "lag" you are referring to is fairly common in lower priced optical mice. what model do you have and what kind of surface are you using it on?
Relevancy 20.64%

I have been using this mouse for about a year now problem 1.1A IntelliMouse Microsoft Optical I was just surfing on the net today when the mouse froze and would not work light at the bottom did not light up like usual I usually connect it to the computer with a PS converter and Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A problem decided to unplug it from the converter and just plug it in the computer Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A problem using its original USB plug and it worked However after every about minutes it stops working every minutes I would need to unplug the mouse from the USB port and reconnect again I have tried my other USB ports all did the same Everytime it disconnects on the right bottom it would pop up a message saying quot Unrecognizable tool connected quot something along those lines however when I do reconnect it it ll recognize it sayin the mouse model I was wondering is there a problem with the mouse or is it the computer Anyway I can quot fix quot this problem I m broke at the moment haha and have no money therefore can t get a new mouse at the moment and this problem is annoying me nbsp

A:Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical 1.1A problem

Have you tried downloading and installing the latest MS Intellipoinit drivers? the latest version is ip5.4
Relevancy 20.64%

Just bought this after a previous post and thought you guys might like a review.

This product is more for fun than actual security. You can use this for boot but you can still type in the password making it nothing more than a convience to log in. The only other thing that it does is remember login and password information. If I where to guess it creates a file of these passwords actually making your system a little less secure. However, saying you have a fingerprint scanner is cool in an odd sort of way.
Relevancy 20.64%

Please help,
have installed wireless desktop set, ps2 connection only for keyboard and usb/ps2 connection for mouse. Mouse works fine with either connection, the keyboard is a nightmare.
Works fine on one PC reboots fine and no issues. The other PC doesn't get past POST. Blank screen and no beeps after POST or messages. Both PCs run on XP Professional.
Have even done a total clean install to get rid of any software or device conflicts, only has monitor, keyboard and mouse attached. Works fine with old cabled keyboard and mouse.

PS. works if I boot with old keyboard/mouse and then change over to wireless whilst running but when reboots same old problem

Please please help

A:Microsoft Wireless Keyboard Problem

Could be that the PC is too old to accomodate a wireless keyboard.
Check that the powersupply for that keyboard-sender is ON before you boot.
You sure it's wireless PS/2 and that the keyboard is not also USB?
If so, check USB settings for keyboard in BIOS.
Relevancy 43%

I've just read (thanks to techspot) that owners of 12 pipelined nvidia 6800 series can unlock the previously unaccessible 4 pipelines bringing their 6800 up to a bona fide 16 pipeline card - if this is true, it sounds brilliant but are there any owners out there who have had any luck with the softmodding procedure?

A:Anyone unlocked their 6800's 4 pipelines?

You need hacked drivers. Check here
Relevancy 30.1%

I have just noticed that all of my games runs better when vertical sync is enabled in-game. But here's the problem, i also play a game called Lineage 2, but i cant enable Vertical Sync in-game. So is there any way that i can enable for a game that doesent have the Vertical Sync function in-game, like a program or something?

A:Enable Vertical Sync?

If you have an ATI card, right click on the desktop, select Propertes-Advanced-3D
Relevancy 29.67%

I m having some problems converting a divx movie that I have into vcd or svcd The audio slowly goes out of sync and I don t quite know enough about this process to figure out why First I tried AVS VideoConverter and it took all night to make it into an SVCD and the sound came out really bad it sounded like when you fastfoward a cd yet without being sped up - just the missing out part So then I tried to just make it a VCD well it came out pretty good except after about minutes you could begin to see audio sync problems and it was unwatchable not long after So I thought well maybe thats caused by the audio stream problems Divx -> sync audio (S)VCD in the divx being vbr rather than cbr So last night I tried another movie going to vcd that had a cbr audio stream Same problem Then I decided I d just try and do Divx -> (S)VCD audio sync problems it the hard way using VirtualDub and DVD SVCD via the instructions on this site http www dvdrhelp com forum userguides php Well I didn t get far in that process I got to where I split my movie into segments and then did as they suggested and opened it up in Winamp and WMP and the audio is out of sync again as it progresses So I have no idea why its doing this After that I decided well I ll just extract the audio as a wav like the guide says when I did the PCM it should have taken care of any sync problems caused by changing from vbr but I don t know enough in virtual dub or anything on how to extract just the video and then put them back together again because I m thinking that is a surefire way to make sure they line up correctly So if any of you know what the problem is and how to fix it or an easier way to deal with divx - gt s vcd conversion that would be helpful to me nbsp

A:Divx -> (S)VCD audio sync problems

yeah... i used to have this problem with my celeron too.. specially with divx movies.. seems the audio or video went faster than the other (gradually).. dunno which 1 tho.. anyhoo.. that problem quickly vanished after i got a P4..dunno if its the soundcard or vid card or cpu.. all i know is that a faster pc made that problem disapear

wish i could be of more help...