Windows Support Forum

Enable AHCI in HP Pavilion 15-p043cl Notebook

Q: Enable AHCI in HP Pavilion 15-p043cl Notebook

Hi all, sorry if is somewhat of a redundant question. This is a : Pavilion 15-p043cl NotebookRunning : Windows 10 64Bit Home (Upgrade)BIOS: F.43I need to encrypt this laptop with Veracrypt which doesn't support GPT. I am trying to find a way to change my laptop to AHCI mode so that I can do the change once I convert the Disk Volume to MBR. I don't see that option in the BIOS. Questions: 1. Is there a way to change the bootloader settings to AHCI?2. If yes, how or will it automatically switch if I just change the volume from GDP to MBR? Or sould I just forget it and upgrade to windows 10 pro and use bitlocker? Thanks in advanced for taking the time to reply.DM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Enable-AHCI-in-HP-Pavilion-15-p043cl-Notebook/td-p/5797630
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Enable AHCI in HP Pavilion 15-p043cl Notebook

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 64.5%

Hi, I am using a HP Pavillion 180t computer with Window 7(SP-1), IE9 RC. 12GB Ram, Quad Core i7, 3.33Ghz.

I do not have AHCI enabled based upon the Tutorial to do so. Would enableing AHCI be of value to me? If so how? Any help appreciated.

A:AHCI to Enable or Not?

You get some more advanced features with AHCI like hot plugging and better native command queuing. It will improve performance especially on benchmarks. Real world performance is a lot less noticeable.

I used to run my rig on IDE, because AHCI introduced an 8 second delay at boot which I never felt I earned back in performance. On a later BIOS update, that 8 seconds went to 2, and I switched to AHCI at that point. It's going to really depend a lot on you and your exact machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/147183-ahci-enable-not.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi i found several tutorials to enable the AHCI-driver in win vista but the registry keys don't match AHCI in enable 7 Windows mine the tutorial is as following Exit all Windows-based programs Click Start type regedit in the Start Search box and then press ENTER If enable AHCI in Windows 7 you receive the User Account Control dialog box click Continue Locate and then click the following registry enable AHCI in Windows 7 subkey HKEY LOCAL MACHINE System CurrentControlSet Services Msahci In the right pane right-click Start in the Name enable AHCI in Windows 7 column and then click Modify In the Value data box type and then click OK On the File menu click Exit to close Registry Editor but in my registry key the key quot Start quot does not exist and the Msahci is called msahci though i don't think the capital letter makes a difference it has a quot Default quot value which doesn't enable the driver if set to instead of undefined or something similar should i just create a value named quot Start quot and set it to thanks for helping Edit nbsp nbsp Tip New Seven Forums Tutorial added - AHCI How to Enable in Windows Vista

A:enable AHCI in Windows 7

Better read this thread first:

HOWTO: enable AHCI mode after installing Windows - PC Perspective Forums

AFAICT, you cannot change it - it needs to be set when installing. Then you'll have the correct key there, and will need to simply enable it by changing the value.

if the key is not there and you add it, it may cause your system to hang / reboot constantly / all sorts of other problems.

More details at M$ site: Error message when you start a Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive: "STOP 0x0000007B INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE"

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/17876-enable-ahci-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,I have a Lenovo B50-80 EW with Ubuntu 16.04 installed on it and I'm planning on upgrading its HDD to a SDD, in order to optimise my system for the latter I need to enable the AHCI mode, however I don't see the proper option in the BIOS Setup window (the BIOS is InsydeH2O setup utility Rev. 5.0 accessed either from the NOVO button or Fn + F2).Please, can you help me enablign the AHCI mode? Thanks,AB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-B50-80-enable-AHCI/td-p/3388659
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

I have a Dell Studio 1555 laptop. I installed XP SP3 fresh from scratch, and I had to set AHCI to IDE in the BIOS in order for the install to complete. I finished the XP install and installed Dell drivers for video, wireless & LAN. When I go into BIOS again and re-enable AHCI, Windows does not boot up. I get a few lines that flash on the screen that I can't read and it reboots. If I turn AHCI back to IDE it boots up normally. How can I get AHCI turned back on after having installed XP?

Thanks

A:Cannot re-enable AHCI after install of XP SP3

You cant if you want to stay with xp. to run windows xp correctly it has to be in the IDE mode. in most cases AHCI is used only for the vista and windows 7 operating systems. if you try to change it back and run xp it will blue screen on you or wont boot at all.unless a computers BIOS only has one setting and theres no other choices listed then and only then can you use the AHCI mode to run xp, vista or windows 7 equally well with no glitches.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-re-enable-ahci-after-install-of-xp-sp3.1117092/
Relevancy 63.64%

I hope I am not Disable Enable and/or AHCI duplicating something here I did look - Honest I ran into an interesting problem and found an easy fix First I Enable and/or Disable AHCI wanted to ENABLE AHCI because supposedly it improves HDD performance It also enables a host of Enable and/or Disable AHCI other interesting features I discovered the trick of setting the START paramater in the registry key HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services msahci from quot quot to quot quot - and then making the switch in the BIOS I tried to switch back and simply resetting this Enable and/or Disable AHCI start value to quot quot doesn't work The issue here is that there are actually TWO keys that control the IDE AHCI interface choice HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services msahci HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet services pciide When the system is in IDE interface mode the respective start values are msahci's START value is quot quot pciide's START value is quot quot When the system is in AHCI interface mode the respective start values are msahci's START value is quot quot pciide's START value is quot quot It is entirely possible that setting the START value to zero in the key representing the interface type you wish to use may cause the corresponding key in the other interface type to automagically switch to quot quot I do not know this nor have I tested it What works for me is setting both START values to the values that correspond to the interface I wish to use It should be trivially easy with a couple of judicious exports to make two registry files one of which enables AHCI the other of which enables IDE by combining the two keys into one file and setting the START parameters appropriately On a slightly different topic one may ask WHY would someone want to flip back-and-forth between interfaces anyway Shouldn't the interface selection be a quot one-shot-deal quot In my case I am taking some physical system hard drives and converting them to virtual disks vhd's to run them in virtual systems Unfortunately the -R hypervisor only supplies IDE type interfaces for boot devices So - if I have a system configured for AHCI and want to virtualize it I have to switch it back to IDE before I make the virtual image of the drive In the reverse scenerio I may want to take a vhd image and write it to physical media - and if I want to ultimately set it to AHCI I would have to make the corresponding flip in the Registry before swapping interfaces What say ye Jim

A:Enable and/or Disable AHCI

Hi jharris. Welcome.

Quote:
First: I wanted to ENABLE AHCI because (supposedly) it improves HDD performance. (It also enables a host of other interesting features.)

For me, the reasons to enable AHCI are Native Command Queuing and Hot Swapping, hot swapping being the most important to me.

As far as switching back and forth, I could imagine issues arising from that (including confusion as to what mode I was running in at a given time...).

But if I needed to do it as a utility to convert drives to vhd's, I would consider a dual boot, with the AHCI disabled boot just a simple OS with whatever utilities I needed to get the job done. Keeping it simple would mean a quick boot to desktop and a small partition.

James

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/165671-enable-disable-ahci.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Okay AHCI Windows 7...>SSD....Enable B4 Installation I plan on doing a clean install of Windows on my laptop I have an SSD from crucial I know that I need to enable AHCI BEFORE I start the installation of Windows correct Now I saw this Intel website in regards to AHCI Intel Rapid Storage Technology amp mdash Configure the BIOS for RAID or AHCI on an Intel Desktop Windows 7...>SSD....Enable AHCI B4 Installation Board I know that my laptop has a chipset that supports AHCI But I'm worried about the whole quot Enabling AHCI or RAID after installing the operating system is not recommended or supported when a SATA hard drive is the boot drive Enabling AHCI or RAID after installing the operating system might cause an immediate blue screen with an x b error code followed by a reboot If you use AHCI or RAID enable them before installing the operating system quot SO my question is this it looks like enabling AHCI is the absolute last thing I should do before installing Windows As in this is the routine I should follow Back up any drivers files etc that I need Insert Windows Installation Disc Close out of pop up install window Restart Laptop As laptop is restarting enter BIOS Follow Intel's step by step guide for enabling AHCI Change system to quot Boot from DVD Drive quot SAVE new BIOS Settings EXIT At that point my computer should REBOOT and this time it will do so from the DVD drive and Windows installation screen will appear correct After that I should have no problems OR am I missing something Do I need to do anything in Windows itself before I do anything with the BIOS

A:Windows 7...>SSD....Enable AHCI B4 Installation

Reordered

1) Back up any drivers/files/etc that I need
4) Restart Laptop
5) As laptop is restarting enter BIOS
6) Follow Intel's step by step guide for enabling AHCI
7) Change system to "Boot from DVD Drive"
8) SAVE new BIOS Settings....EXIT
2) Insert Windows 7 Installation Disc
3) deleted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185180-windows-7-ssd-enable-ahci-b4-installation.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey All,

I'm purchasing a new SSD next week. I've been reading up on it and it looks like I need to enable AHCI in my BIOS. I can't find any option for AHCI though.

I currently have my System setup as RAID0. This was how it was set up in the factory and I haven't changed it.

The only option I have is under SATA operation and I can either set it to "RAID Autodetect/ATA" or "RAID ON".

Is there anyway I can check to see whether AHCI is already enabled? If not will one of the above options enable it?

A:How to Enable AHCI - No option in BIOS.

Some motherboards incorporate AHCI SATA automatically. In the early days of SATA there was a lot of confusion in terminology. "RAID" - "AHCI" - all the same thing.

For your motherboard it looks like you want to choose "RAID Autodetect/ATA" to use a non-RAID setup with AHCI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232363-how-enable-ahci-no-option-bios.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have an Asus P AD -E premium motherboard AHCI is available in the Bios but I did not need it when I installed WinXP install Enable after AHCI to Need WinXP Pro now I need it to run Need to Enable AHCI after WinXP install my external Sata backup drive I have followed many methods none of which work for me I have an Intel Southbridge ICH R chipset Itel FB I have downloaded and followed the instructions for the Reg files and have the correct Iastor sys in the System drivers folder etc when I reboot I am supposed to enter the Bios enable ACHI reboot and when Windows is trying to install new hardware I am supposed to stop it and run the Intel driver installer in my case iata enu exe I can't ever get Windows to reboot I am in a cycle that starts Windows then shuts down and restarts until I return the Bios to what is was Sata I was hoping someone had information that could help me solve this Thanks Jim

A:Need to Enable AHCI after WinXP install

usually you have to install the drivers at first install of the os but i think i have seen a thread around here were someone suggested to basically do a os repair and just add the ahci drivers, if i recall correctly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-to-enable-ahci-after-winxp-install-339118.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I just upgraded an HDD to an SSD in a HP laptop. The BIOS does not show any SATA options at all. How can I figure out from within Windows 8.1 if AHCI is enabled?

Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,
How to enable AHCI support under vista famillial premium .
Nothing to do in BIOS.
Do i update to windows 7 8 or 10 ?
best regards.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90697-Satellite-A100-676-How-to-enable-AHCI-support
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all, I searched and was unable to find this specific question answered.

I'm coming from win XP and I've got 3 SATA drives currently operating in IDE mode. I am just about to move to Win7 Pro and I was considering setting the motherboard to recognize the drives as AHCI. I am going to reformat one drive completely for the OS drive.

My questions are:

1. Will this negatively affect my other two storage drives because they had previously been running in IDE mode?

2. Is there a way to determine whether or not my drives support AHCI at all? (They're all SATA drives bought in the last 4 years.)

3. I intend to run XP mode, will AHCI mode pose any problems for this?

Thanks for the help, I've just discovered this forum and it looks like a fantastic resource.

A:Coming from XP, enable AHCI for SATA drives?

ronin688, welcome to the Seven Forums.

Too answer your questions,

1. Not in the slightest. The OS and the driver(s) installed there are what determine whether any attached drives run in AHCI.

2. As far as I know all SATA drives will run in AHCI mode.

3. Won't make any difference as it will be running in a VM, so the host configuration won't affect it.

On the bright side with setting the SATA controllers to SATA/AHCI mode formatting before installing Windows 7, with the motherboard listed in your specs you shouldn't need to install the SATA driver as Windows 7 has native SATA/AHCI support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/162634-coming-xp-enable-ahci-sata-drives.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I need to enable AHCI on my PC. It's running Windows 7 Pro on an ASUS IPIBL "Benicia" mainboard. I folled the instructions to modify the registry at computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci & iastorv. Nada. When I change the BIOS from RAID to AHCI, Windows goes into endless reboot.The windows logo graphic doesn't even finish drawing one pane. It's a pain in the kiester to have to reset BIOS everytime I need to use the second drive. What gives? The main drive is WD 160GB HDD. I basically trying to make a hackintosh using a second bare drive, which is a story unto itself.

A:Cannot enable AHCI on ASUS IPIBL-LB w/Win7 Pro

If you have any RAID 0 array, you must set SATA=RAID or you're going to ruin your array.
Did you tried to set SATA=AHCI on BIOS then boot in safe mode (F8)? As it boots without drivers, you can look at device manager to check if there is something missing. Then try to reboot normally.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400002-cannot-enable-ahci-asus-ipibl-lb-w-win7-pro.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello, I need to change SATA mode to AHCI in bios as I have installed a SSD drive. The original hard drive failed hence why I installed a SSD drive.  When I run the SSD health utility, it is advising the SATA mode is currently set to IDE, and needs to be changed to AHCI. Please can you advise how I unlock bios or how I change the SATA mode to AHCI from IDE on this model? FYG, i have check the BIOS and there are limited features available.. Most other vendors allow this option to be changed, don't understand why it isn't available . I look forward to your prompt reply and appropriate solution to resolve this matter. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-I-enable-AHCI-on-Compaq-CQ60-100EM/td-p/5769755
Relevancy 62.35%

I need to enable AHCI on my PC. It's running Windows 7 Pro on an ASUS IPIBL "Benicia" mainboard. I folled the instructions to modify the registry at computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\msahci & iastorv. Nada. When I change the BIOS from RAID to AHCI, Windows goes into endless reboot.The windows logo graphic doesn't even finish drawing one pane. It's a pain in the kiester to have to reset BIOS everytime I need to use the second drive. What gives? The main drive is WD 160GB HDD. I basically trying to make a hackintosh using a second bare drive, which is a story unto itself.

A:Cannot enable AHCI on ASUS IPIBL-LB w/Win7 Pro

If you have any RAID 0 array, you must set SATA=RAID or you're going to ruin your array.
Did you tried to set SATA=AHCI on BIOS then boot in safe mode (F8)? As it boots without drivers, you can look at device manager to check if there is something missing. Then try to reboot normally.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400002-cannot-enable-ahci-asus-ipibl-lb-w-win7-pro.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I've had some problems with drivers after installing Win 7. Got all that fixed and had a problem getting the pc switched on. Changed WOL settings and it seemed better, but I was getting a checksum error.

I then found this thread-
AHCI : Enable in Windows 7 / Vista

I followed instructions, but now after restarting it is a black screen and stuck with-

LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM...
MISSING OPERATING SYSTEM

A:new Win 7 install enable AHCI - Missing operating system

By pure chance I hit F12 to see if I could get SAFE MODE but it came up with option to boot from CD / HD etc.

I chose HD and then it gave me options from USB3 or something with a long sequence of numbers. I guessed that was my hard drive. It now started Windows.

I guess that is the boot sequence?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343709-new-win-7-install-enable-ahci-missing-operating-system.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hi all. i just got an asus a8r32 mvp deluxe crossfire board, and it has tons of options in the bios im not used to seeing. one of them, under storage, allows you to run your sata drives in 'emulated pata mode' or 'AHCI mode.' i have read that AHCI is faster, but what exactly does it do, and how do I get my computer to support it, because everytime I enable it my system reboots and will not load windows. thanks.

A:Sata Drives - How Do I Enable My Motherboard To Run Them In Ahci Mode?

answered my own question yet again, i need to install the sata drivers during a windows install, and ahci is not recommended for single machines anyway.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-drives-how-do-i-enable-my-motherboard-to-run-them-in-ahci-mode.58228/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Everyone I have just installed an SSD into my computer running XP post AHCI installation SSD challenge migration - to enable ATI XP Try with chipset! & migration from mechanical drive to SSD was simple with the Try to enable AHCI post XP installation & SSD migration - challenge with ATI chipset! help of Paragon Migrate OS to SSD Everything is working ok however I would ideally like to set my BIOS to AHCI it is currently set to IDE Towards this end I have been trying to follow the tutorial How to enable AHCI after having installed Windwos XP I am at a loss concerning how to install AHCI drivers on my ASUS M A L-M LX motherboard because it features an ATI chipset on the Southbridge as can be seen from the CPU-Z Try to enable AHCI post XP installation & SSD migration - challenge with ATI chipset! screen capture below - The instructions in the tutorial specifically focus on an Intel chipset and they mention that I should be able to right click on each of the quot IDE Channel quot entries under Device Manager and manually update the driver However whenever I do this with the appropriate driver downloaded from the ASUS M A L-M LX support page Windows informs me that it cannot find a quot better driver quot and leaves the existing one in place I have attempted to enable AHCI in the BIOS without following the instructions provided and was met not surprisingly with a BSOD and a quick computer restart After setting the BIOS back to IDE the computer boots again so I haven t done any damage to XP thankfully I am now at a loss regarding how to proceed if anybody has any advise can you please let me know Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:Try to enable AHCI post XP installation & SSD migration - challenge with ATI chipset!

Here are some detailed instructions which describe how to change from AHCI to IDE mode post XP installation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/try-to-enable-ahci-post-xp-installation-ssd-migration-challenge-with-ati-chipset.1106593/
Relevancy 60.2%

I have an issue with a HP laptop HP issue Pavilion DV6 AHCI that I find annoying The laptop HP Pavilion DV6 AHCI issue belongs to a customer's Son and he brought it to me because it ran rather slow and so I looked at it and told him that some more memory and a nice SSD would be good for him anyway the main issue here is the silly Setup in the BIOS I went to the trouble of getting the NEWEST BIOS update from HP and installed it He wanted to have Win on it again and so I installed it from a USB drive and it went flawlessly but after setting all of it up I added the Samsung Magician software for some performance tweaking the first thing I cam across was that the software said that AHCI wasn't active and that it couldn't tell what type of SATA it was I have posted a question on HP forum but I hold no great hope of an answer but you never can tell According to HP the driver that is loaded by the RST programme is sufficient for it but it's a SATA RAID driver and that appears to be what is causing the issue with Magician I have seen a few articles on HP's site about this issue and they say it is ok but obviously it isn't There is no section in the device manager for IDE ATA ATAPI the driver is shown in the storage section instead Which is where the RAID driver usually ends up I am worrying for nothing or I find it strange that a laptop that can ONLY handle a single drive would be setup for RAID I have seen this same silly thing before with Lenovo and Toshiba where they used raid config for the HDD but they weren't SSD's I thought that this might have some smart people coming along to see and maybe have an answer

A:HP Pavilion DV6 AHCI issue

Pendaws the RAID term refers to the way the HDD is accessed.

AHCI - Advanced Host Controller Interface - this is a hardware mechanism that allows the software to communicate with Serial ATA (SATA) devices. It offers features such as hot-plugging and native command queuing (NCQ).

IDE - Integrated Drive Electronics - IDE is basically the "old" version of AHCI without hot-plugging and NCQ. (This is usually used during the Parallel ATA (PATA) era hard disks)

Now. AHCI mode and IDE mode -- what is it? IDE mode is to give you the greatest compatibility with older operating systems. While AHCI is as I mentioned above, modern version of the IDE -- use AHCI mode if you are running recent operating systems (Windows Vista+ and Linux kernel from 2.6.19+). IDE mode will allow you to connect older operating systems to SATA drives.

As I mentioned above, SATA is Serial ATA, and is the replacement for Parallel ATA (PATA) hard drives.

RAID - This is a storage technology where you combine multiple disks into a "single" unit, depending on the mode, there can be RAID-0 through RAID-6, and each with different configurations of the hard drive. I'll just explain the simple examples: RAID-0 which is striping but no parity or mirroring, this means there is no redundancy for data, If there is a failure on one disk, it will cause the data loss of the entire RAID array. Ex: You have 0110 as data to be written, 01 will go on Disk 1, and 10 will go on Disk 2, allowing for faster read/write access to the data.

RAID-1 - This is the opposite of RAID-0, which is mirroring without striping (no parity either). This basically means you have an exact clone of Disk 1 on Disk 2, in case Disk 1 fails.

RAID0+1 does both what RAID 1 and 0 does, that is to say striping (writing data simultaneously to two [or more] drives. plus mirroring in case of failure) the minimum amount of drives required for this type of setup is 4 IDENTICAL drives.

There are also RAID 2, 3, 4, 5 ,6. Which is just more implementation of different configurations of striping/parity/mirroring across drives.

That being said, your RAID mode will allow you for some type of RAID configuration, should you choose to do so.

Supplemental: Many SATA controllers can enable AHCI separately or in conjunction with RAID support. Intel recommends choosing RAID mode on their motherboards, which also enables AHCI, rather than AHCI/SATA mode for maximum flexibility (in case you ever want to build a RAID array), since there are some issues that occurs, usually BSOD, when you choose a different mode once an operating system has already been installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/350077-hp-pavilion-dv6-ahci-issue.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I did it before on a P5WD2-PREMIUM---see this thread:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...=1&model=P5WD2+Premium&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

but there is no SATA controller listed in the Device Manager under the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller to update--there was one listed in the P5WD2 I successfully converted.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-enable-ahci-on-sata-hard-drives-after-winxp-is-installed-on-asus-a8r32-mvp.499167/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have searched the forum and i know i have to integrate the drivers in XP with Nlite but i don?t find the AHCI driver for NB200 in the drivers download section!

A:Where is the SATA AHCI driver for the NB200 notebook?

i don't know much about your model but if you post chipset model, i will try to find them for you:

http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/ann.jspa?annID=38

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?58440-Where-is-the-SATA-AHCI-driver-for-the-NB200-notebook
Relevancy 59.34%

System nbsp HP Pavilion dm - sa AMD processor BIOS v nbsp Hewlett-Packard F Tue nbsp SDD HP Pavilion Mode AHCI dm1-4027sa maybe I should update to F but all I see is it improves WAN so nbsp Hello to all nbsp I'm going to purchase a GB Corsair Force SSD nbsp Now we all have seen the SDD AHCI Mode HP Pavilion dm1-4027sa option to enable AHCI mode I won't to do this as with TRIM support etc PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER WITH YOU DON'T NEED AHCI YOU CAN GO AHEAD Problem is the stupid BIOS is so simplified that there is nothing on there SDD AHCI Mode HP Pavilion dm1-4027sa for AHCI mode nbsp nbsp I looked in device manager and it seems it has been set up in RAID as all I get is IDE ATA ATAPI nbsp nbsp Below is device manager showing the controller Further below is the drivers of the controller nbsp nbsp Unless the AMD controller supports AHCI I will not purchase my SSD and forever think why on earth I bought this so called 'entertainment notebook PC' nbsp Thanks for looking guys and girls nbsp Danny nbsp

A:SDD AHCI Mode HP Pavilion dm1-4027sa

Hi, Danny: 99% of today's HP consumer notebooks do not have BIOS settings to change the storage controller options. If you want those options, you need to buy an HP business notebook. The good news is the AHCI is enabled by default on most of today's HP consumer notebooks. You can tell that your notebook is not configured in RAID mode because you do not have a Storage Controllers category in the device manager. It kind of stinks that your SATA driver is just labeled as a AMD SATA Controller and not a SATA AHCI Controller as they are when there is an Intel SATA controller installed, but it has to be in AHCI mode with the advanced chipset in your notebook. Paul

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SDD-AHCI-Mode-HP-Pavilion-dm1-4027sa/td-p/1754373
Relevancy 59.34%

Dear everybody! I'm going to buy more 8GB Crucial ram for my laptop. Currently i have 4GB. So i will have 12GB ram total. So Could anyone give me some advices about this. Is it ok ? Is it compatible with my device ?  Thank you.  

A:HP-Pavilion-17-f100-Notebook-PC-series - HP Pavilion Noteboo...

@0xaddr? Memory Supports the following configurations: ? 12288 MB (8192 MB×1+ 4096 MB×1; not supported on computer models with a 32-bit operating system) Your manual here. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04427554 REO

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-17-f100-Notebook-PC-series-HP-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5748896
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi, I just bought 2 laptops today and wanted it to be in Windows 7 64 bit instead of Windows 10.May I know where to get the Winows 7 drivers?I had tried to search around but I couldn't get Win7 driver.Can you provide me? The laptops I just bought are:HP Pavilion 14-ab175TXHP Pavilion Notebook - 14-ab161tx

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-14-ab175TX-amp-HP-Pavilion-Notebook-14-ab161tx/td-p/5636669
Relevancy 58.05%

I have installed an SSD (Samsung EVO 850), and I want to ensure AHCI is set. Samsung Magician, says AHCI mode N/A, and I can't access the different menu items in the program. The PC is running Windows 10 - 64 bit.

A:Can't find AHCI setting option in BIOS HP pavilion dv7

Help us to help you by posting the following information. 1.  The complete Model Name. or Product Number. of the notebook - see This HP web document if you don't how to locate the model number and\or product number.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-t-find-AHCI-setting-option-in-BIOS-HP-pavilion-dv7/td-p/5740466
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello I have a problem with my HP Pavilion G - ew It has fabrically installed windows Home Premium X on it nbsp The problem is that probably windows crashed and i can't even go to windows loading screen because computer stops right after POST ScreenNow i want to reinstall the same system again but Windows Installer cannot see any hard drive in my notebook and it also asks me to install a driver to hard drive from external source 7 Driver AHCI Pavilion HP Windows G6-1215ew during instalati... I strongly believe this is HP Pavilion G6-1215ew Windows 7 AHCI Driver during instalati... caused by AHCI mode turned ON in hard drive and i can't turn it off because BIOS doesn't have any options to do so nbsp I dismounted the HDD from notebook and plugged it into my PC with AHCI turned off in my PC BIOS but it also won't help Installer still can't see HDD nbsp Is there anyway to somehow override it There is no any AHCI drivers on HP site to this model I tried to download AHCI Drivers from AMD but not one of them worked so far nbsp nbsp nbsp Thank you for any help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-G6-1215ew-Windows-7-AHCI-Driver-during/td-p/5666962
Relevancy 55.04%

Have an Acer Extensa 503T Notebook. Usb does not show in device drivers. I think I need to get to Setup on booting to find USB and enable so Windows can then load the necessary drivers. Tried F2, F1, Ecs, Del etc on cold boot but cannot seem to get to Setup. No manual to find answer. Not my computer - trying to help a friend - so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Yes, there is a USB port.
Thanks, Ken

Relevancy 54.61%

I have a motherboard Asus p5k se/epu( intel p35 board). I felt that my sata drive emulated in IDE mode... So i want to fully utilize the sata drive in xp.

Therefore I follow the method provided by other forum's member.
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=444831

But the problem is that my bios setting only have one option that allowed me to select.. which is IDE mode ONLY!!! Where is the AHCI mode ?

Or any of you have your own standard way to enable AHCI mode? teach me please...?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/how-to-enable-ahci-mode-for-sata-drive-instead-of-ide-mode-285425.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have put in my Blu Ray DVD into my machine and tried to play it through the Cyber Link media suite that came with the laptop, it says no media. How can I play Blu Ray DVDs?

A:How can I enable my notebook to play Blu Ray DVDs?

Hi, Its specs:    http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/7234915/model/7547535/document... It only has "SuperMulti DVD burner". If you wish to play BD movies you have to (a) Replace the Optical drive on your com puter (cost $$$) or(b) Buy an external BD (and DVD) player/burner (cost les $$$). Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-can-I-enable-my-notebook-to-play-Blu-Ray-DVDs/td-p/5130304
Relevancy 54.61%

i have an hp pavilion dv7-7000 laptop the cd drive is broke so i got to replace it anyway but i want to know can i put a blueray player in instead of the stock cd/dvd-rw? and which size blueray do i need when i tried searching on newegg made it sound like theres several sizes of blueray drives for laptops

A:Re: How can I enable my notebook to play Blu Ray DVDs?

Hi @Michaelm34, Welcome to the HP Forum! I am pleased that you have become a HP Forum member. It is such a wonderful site to find answers and tips. Here is a link to guide you to having the most rewarding experience and answer any concerns about posting: First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. What is your precise model of DV7-7000?  HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number? I grasp that your optical drive has failed and you are looking to replace it, but would like one that support Blu- Rays. You have located some  on Newegg but are unsure if they will fit.  The actual shape and screw pattern locations  may vary with the model of laptop. There are other variables also such as some have removable parts such as a bezel. You would need to know the dimensions of the original one. You will also need to make sure the screw patterns match. Here is a link to the HP Pavilion dv7 Entertainment PC Maintenance and Service Guide Please note chapter 3, page 26, item 13b, for the recommended replacements.  Here is a link to the HP Parts Store for your convenience.  You can also take the part number and do a web search for it. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the ?Thumbs Up? below is a great way to say thanks!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Re-How-can-I-enable-my-notebook-to-play-Blu-Ray-DVDs/td-p/5766867
Relevancy 54.61%

The touch screen is not working and we just bought this tonight.  The display in the store had touchscreen.  I cannot find anywhere on the box that says it is touchscreen.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/how-to-enable-touch-screen-on-hp-notebook/td-p/5717807
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello. I am trying to install 64-bit version of Ubuntu through Virtual Box, however, VT-X is required for the 64-bit support. Reading the documentation, it seems that the processor supports the VT-X, however, I can't find the option in the BIOS to enable this feature. How can I enable it the other way? Or is there an update to a BIOS that has this feature as an option?

A:How to enable VT-X in HP Pavilion dv7-5090ef

Hello @laptopnerdy?, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the Virtualization Technology, and wanted to assist you! You should be able to find the option in your BIOS, under the Power tab.  If you can not find it, then try updating your BIOS.  You can find drivers for your product here:Drivers - HP Pavilion dv7-5090ef Entertainment Notebook PC Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-enable-VT-X-in-HP-Pavilion-dv7-5090ef/td-p/5381076
Relevancy 54.61%

how can i enable my bluetooth(pavilion dm1)

A:how can i enable my bluetooth.pavilion dm1

how can i enable my bluetooth.pavilion dm1?i want to use bluetooth speaker pls help me..thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/how-can-i-enable-my-bluetooth-pavilion-dm1/td-p/1134213
Relevancy 54.61%

Hai,  my product is hp pavilion g6 2320tx and im using windows 7 os in, the problem is that am not able to enable 2 usb ports out of 3(one port woking normally but remaining two are not detecting any usb devices..) pls guide me so that i can solve this problem   thank u in advance 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp pavilion g6 cant enable usb ports

Hi: You need to install the usb 3 controller driver. http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5359407&spf_p.tpst=swdMain&spf_p.prp_swdMain=wsrp-navigationalState%3Didx%253D%257CswItem%253Dob_118604_1%257CswEnvOID%253D4058%257CitemLocale%253D%257CswLang%253D%257Cmode%253D%257Caction%253DdriverDocument&javax.portlet.begCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken&javax.portlet.endCacheTok=com.vignette.cachetoken

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-pavilion-g6-cant-enable-usb-ports/td-p/3639940
Relevancy 54.18%

I am running Synaptics V19.0.12.95. I recently got this PC and I quickly noticed I couldn't move my trackpad whilst typing. After researching I learned I had to disable Palmcheck. When I went to look for the option, there was nothing there.I'm currently downloading an updated driver, but I wanted to check here and ask what everyone elses solution to this issue was.

A:HP Notebook- No Palmcheck option to enable/disable

Have a look at this page: http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/21662-touchpad-palmcheck-turn-off-windows.html   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Notebook-No-Palmcheck-option-to-enable-disable/td-p/5232062
Relevancy 54.18%

helloI have a HP Notebook -15-ac118ne with windows 7 32 bit installed on it. i really need a way to disable the touchpad while on the pc the synaptic touchpad is not installed + tried to install it it's not working please any help to disable /enable it thank you for your response   

A:HP Notebook -15-ac118ne touchpad disable/enable

Hello @ElieMKhoury, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I read your post about the TouchPad issue, and wanted to assist you!  I understand that you are looking for a way to disable the TouchPad. To disable the TouchPad: Click  Start  , enter  mouse in the search field, and then select  Mouse from the search results.On the  Device Settings tab of the  Mouse Properties screen, click the  Disable button to turn off the TouchPad.Figure : Disabling the TouchPadThe TouchPad can be re-enabled when needed.Source:  HP Notebook PCs - Using and Configuring the TouchPad (Windows 7 and Vista) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Notebook-15-ac118ne-touchpad-disable-enable/td-p/5590984
Relevancy 54.18%

I am unable to enable Virtualization using BIOs settings in HP 630 Notebook as the option itself is not there in security tab or system configuration tab. Please  help. [email protected]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Enable-virtualisation-Intel-Vt-X-on-HP-630-Notebook-BIOS-not/td-p/5792706
Relevancy 54.18%

I am trying to enable virtualizion for Kaspersky Internet Securtiy on my HP ENVY m6 Notebook. I am using the Windows 10 operating system. How do I enable the virtualization?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-enable-virtulization-on-HP-ENVY-m6-Notebook-in/td-p/5787928
Relevancy 54.18%

I am trying to enable virtualizion for Kaspersky Internet Securtiy on my HP ENVY m6 Notebook. I am using the Windows 10 operating system. How do I enable the virtualization?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-enable-virtulization-on-HP-ENVY-m6-Notebook-in/td-p/5787928
Relevancy 53.75%

I know this is an older laptop, but with the "Realtek PCIe GBE family" controller, I can see in Windows 10 that WOL is supported by this controller. In the BIOS however (firmware version F.66), there isn't a clear "Enable WOL" option. Does my notebook support WOL?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Enable-WOL-on-HP-Pavilion-G6-1210tx-in-BIOS/td-p/5632083
Relevancy 53.75%

How can i enable my virtualization in hp pavilion dv4-1503TU please help..., because i want to run a 64-bit OS in my virtualbox ...thanks in advance...

A:How can i enable my virtualization in hp pavilion dv4-1503TU...

Hi @USSB,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you have questions about hot to turn on virtualization. I will be glad to help you. I'm not sure if this computer has that option as I do not have one to work with.  If it can, boot into the bios.Select security.There will be either system security or  virtualization technology.Change to enable. Hope this helps you. please keep me informed.If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-can-i-enable-my-virtualization-in-hp-pavilion-dv4-1503TU/td-p/5692306
Relevancy 53.32%

I upgraded froom Windows7 to Windows 10 without a problem, but now my Security software that protects against screenprints  indicates that the virtualization needs to be enabled.  It currently shows as disabled. How can I change it?

A:Enable Virtualization on Pavilion g7 after update to windows...

You can enable virtualization in the BIOS Configuration.Restart your computer and press "esc" or "f12" (not sure which one) to access to the BIOS.  Then on advanced options you may find the Virtualization preferences.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Enable-Virtualization-on-Pavilion-g7-after-update-to/td-p/5598239
Relevancy 53.32%

Can I enable bluetooth connections on this laptop, and if so, how do I do it?  I would like to connect to a bluetooth external speaker.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

A:How to enable bluetooth on my Pavilion laptop 17-e137cl

Hi, Sorry, it does not have builtin Bluetooth in the first place as shown:       http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04092019 Option: You can use USB-BT dongle, which is similar to the following one    http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/officeworks/p/targus-bluetooth-4-0-usb-adaptor-taacb75au Regards.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-to-enable-bluetooth-on-my-Pavilion-laptop-17-e137cl/td-p/5854667
Relevancy 52.03%

I have not been able to get my USB flash drives to workMy mouse works so I assume that my bluetooth is workingAnd my tiny fix me stick usb drive works so 3 notebook Re: hp 15 pavilion Usb I assume it would be a USB drive I have installed all HP updates Re: hp pavilion 15 notebook Usb 3 including the recent UEFI where Re: hp pavilion 15 notebook Usb 3 I dont see the option to boot from a USB flash drive well anyways it does not do it anyways not is the drive recognized I have checked every USB driver for updated drivers uninstalled and reinstalled drivers checked HP Windows update and nbsp the original manufacturer for updated driversI have checked the power on the hub as recommended on one HP article and did get a devmgr xml missing error out of thatI ran sfc scannow assume the slash is in there my keyboard has went french on meBy the way my friend as the identical model of computer and all the same identical problems and missing files are happening on her computerThe only difference is that I am in the insiders program and her computer is on the regular Windows build which we have not had problems with till this and I am beginning to wonder whether it has to do with the UEFI recent updates question mark nbsp nbsp

A:Re: hp pavilion 15 notebook Usb 3

Hi, It is great to upgrade system to Windows 10, but in the same time, series of issues occur, like the USB device issue. After upgrading the system to Windows 10, you find that your USB device cannot connect to your PC. You may need to plug your external devices like MP3, pen drive, printer, etc. to your computer through the USB ports. So it is very inconvenient that the USB ports don?t work properly. Solutions below may help you fix the USB port issue. Since your USB device works properly before you upgrade the system, the problem most probably is not caused by the USB device. But you can also plug the USB device to another computer. If it unfortunately doesn?t work, you can consider replacing the device. Following are the solutions to figure out the problem. Solution 1: Check if the problem is caused by power supply issue 1. Unplug the power supply and charger plug from your PC.2. Restart your PC. Connect your USB device to the PC again. Then you can plug the power supply.Solution 2:The Power Management would also be the cause of the USB problems. Windows is set to shut down your USB controller to save power by default, sometimes it won?t be able to power it back up. So try following steps to prevent Windows from ?managing? power to your USB controller or the devices.1. Open Device Manager.2. Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers branch.3. Double-click the USB Root Hub device, and click the Power Management tab. (if there?s more than one USB Root Hub device, repeat these steps for each one.)4. Turn off the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power option, and clickOK button. Solution 3: Go to Device Manager to check for the driver statusThe problem most probably is caused by driver issues. Drivers may not be updated to work with Windows 10. If that?s the case, you can resolve the problem by updating the drivers. 1. In Device Manager, expand Other devices and Universal Serial Bus controllers.2. If you see drivers with yellow mark under these two categories. You need to update the drivers. You can update the drivers manually.Alternatively, you can use a driver update tool to help update drivers automatically. Driver Easy is one of driver update tools online. After you install Driver Easy, use it to scan your computer to detect all problem drivers. If there is problem with the USB driver, Driver Easy will detect it and recommend the new driver. With Driver Easy, the USB issue can be resolved easily. Driver Easy has Free version and Paid version. You can use the Free version to download new drivers, but you are required to use the downloaded driver files to install the drivers manually step by step. And the download speed is limited. To save more time, you can use the Paid version. With Paid version, all drivers will be updated automatically. More over, you can enjoy free technical support guarantee. If you use the Paid version to try resolving the problem but the problem persists, you can contact us for further assistance. Paid version offers 30-day money back guarantee. You can ask for a full refund if you want within the guarantee period.If the problem cannot be resolved, the USB ports might be damaged. You may need to replace the damaged ports. If the solutions above do not work for you, you can take your PC to the repair store to have it fixed, as the problem might be caused by hardware issues.

Although I work for HP Inc -The views and opinions I post here are of my own.If my post helped you out, give me the Thumbs up, i deserve #HPExpertDay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Re-hp-pavilion-15-notebook-Usb-3/td-p/5620675
Relevancy 52.03%

I don't remember my password and I am locked out of my laptop. How do I recover this? I don't have a recovery disc. CJ

A:HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

cigambino Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!If you Google for Trinity Rescue Kit, you will find a site where you can download an ISO file that you can then use to make a boot CD to then use to reset your password. Once you have that file, download and install ImgBurn and use the Write Image to Disk option to create a bootable CD.Good Luck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-dv7-Notebook-PC/td-p/5755604
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi everyone,Can anyone help me in identifying the problem with my HP Pavilion Laptop. All of the sudden my HP Pavilion Laptop Display (model-15-n219sa) stopped working with black & white line on the display. I can project the display on the TV screen with the help of HDMI interface but nothing on the laptop display apart from black & white lines. Can anyone guess what will be the problem. I checked the display panel cable / connector found everything intact.Regards,Dinesh

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5736925
Relevancy 52.03%

My stepson has an HP Pavilion dv1000 notebook. The power supply gets extremely hot and seems to be melting the tip to the plug where it connects to the notebook. Does this seem to be a problem with the notebook or only with the power supply. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:HP Pavilion notebook

wow that is pretty hot... does it always run that hot, or does it only run that hot when he's gaming, or watching a movie? could just be a demanding laptop, but then again you could take it to a PC specialist (comp usa or local computer shop) and get the powersupply checked out. dang if it's melting the tip thats pretty hot... My dad's apple powerbook gets up to 75 degrees celcius when he's just surfing the web and stuff, so hot you have to take it off your legs if you don't want to burn yourself. so get it checked out, might just be a demanding laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-notebook.497084/
Relevancy 52.03%

Dear people and HP Support .  I just got my new hp Pavilion notebook ,laptop 17  Im having trouble trying to connect to the wifi .  when i join the wifi it says that "no internet" then when i have click on the trouble shooting report  . It tested it for error's and it come out saying - issues found " one or more network protocols are missing on this computer . Then underneath it say's Restore network protocols to default settings .  sorry but I Don't understand why it is saying this . it's a new  notebook its very upsetting that this happen. I hope someone can help me in this problem ? / kind regards  Joanna 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-new-Pavilion-notebook/td-p/5784770
Relevancy 52.03%

I have installed Windows 10, a clean copy of windows installation has been done with full format of c drive. So, after a successfull installation of win10 in my HP Pavilion dv6-7024tx, I ran windows updates to make sure it gets all driver for its hardware automatically, it did though and was absoultely fine expect one audio problem relating to micro (not working), I couldn't notice that time. I also installed HP support assistance for further assistance to make sure everything work just okay. Things to describe here, everything works absolutely fine without the built in Micro issue for Audio device. It is litterally not working to input audio anymore here. In my previous Win7 which was given in factory default setup, had BeatAudio driver and I saw that software and everything was Okay earlier. 

A:HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Hi: See if this IDT audio driver works for you...Install and restart the PC. This package contains the driver that enables the IDTHigh-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system. File name: sp63555.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Notebook-PC/td-p/5750511
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Guys

I recently changed my motherborad , and I have a new Graphics card and new processeur ,
Graphics Card :
-AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250
-AMD Radeon HD 6470M
I used every way to update the graphics card , sometimes it appears the blue screen , and then the drivers never up to date , help me as soon please

Computer : HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC
System : Windows 7 64 bits

this is an image from my computer
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/618x354q90/687/l9s.png

A:HP pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Have you worked on or repaired many laptops? English is not your first language?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-g6-notebook-pc.199831/
Relevancy 52.03%

System Diasabled   93323264 . Do not know how to reset.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Hp Pavilion Notebook

Enter: 22081860 Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again  **Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem. Thank You,K N R K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5674764
Relevancy 52.03%

ok this laptopgot some pretty severe viruses and now that they re all gone i can only browse the net for like - minutes before pavilion Help notebook with it dies please help me here s the hijack report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft Help with pavilion notebook AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files Help with pavilion notebook Cosmi SpyWare Killer in wc wcservice exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc Help with pavilion notebook exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C program files seekmo seekmo exe C Program Files SlySoft AnyDVD AnyDVD exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C WINDOWS system torrent exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Digital Images manager Photags AutoDetect exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Documents and Settings user Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ycomp defaults sb http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sb msgr http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Seekmo Search Assistant Helper fleok D A A C E AD EA FA EF B E DE A C - CD E- - a -B C - C E FBAB - c program files seekmo seekmohook dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - D AAEB-AA - AE -B F -E AF A A - C PROGRA Cosmi SPYWAR pop ABG PL DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar Seekmo Toolbar - E B E -A D- B-B - B B - C Program Files Seekmo Programs Seekmo Toolbar SeekmoTB dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run WatchDog C Program Files InterVideo DVD Check DVDCheck exe O - HKLM Run BluetoothAuthenticationAgent rundll exe bthprops cpl BluetoothAuthenticationAgent O - HKLM Run Picasa... Read more

A:Help with pavilion notebook

come on guys I know you can help me with this .. Please don't make me beg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-pavilion-notebook.560259/
Relevancy 52.03%

How do i Screenshot? I just got this computer and i dont know how to screenshot??? and by the way messenger doesnt let me make video calls or normal calls?????

A:Pavilion Notebook Hp Pc

@Beidy? Please use your other post:         http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/my-computer-doesnt-screenshot-i-... Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Pavilion-Notebook-Hp-Pc/td-p/5743881
Relevancy 52.03%

HELP nbsp Of nbsp course my laptop has drama's HP Pavilion Notebook 15 when it's just out of nbsp warranty Last night I was doing a word doc - and it just froze so I turned it off and when it loaded - it had a BLUE SCREEN and said nbsp RECOVERYYour HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC Device needs to be repairded - I dont know why what how - BUT I was lucky that I did request the disc for System Recovery I did the disc - was all working - did all the updates ect nbsp Today Saturday th October Working on a word doc - next mintue the screen started going Grey with some lines ectIv turned it off - took at battery out- turn back on - it Power's up BUT the screen is still copmplety Grey- Now has virticle lines nbsp Iv tried tapping the f - screen same- and it BEEPS at me f - screen is the same nbsp I have Videos and Pictures nbsp nbsp Please Help- I cant afford a new laptopHP Pavilion Product No P C PAEdition Windows HomeSystem -bit nbsp Kind RegardsSonia McMahon

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook/td-p/5806328
Relevancy 52.03%

Why does my new machine upgrade for 10 minutes each time I open it?What do I do to speed up the process of the getting to the web or waiting to open up a program?I have to tap the mouse nurous times to get it to respond. I called customer service and they wanted to charge me one hundred dollars o help me. 

Relevancy 51.6%

I am running xp pro ....... which I love. Problem is Quick Play on the keyboard has stopped working for whatever reason. All the buttons seem frozen - they are lit but do nothing? When the computer is off, quick play does not launch either.
Any suggestions please!

Thanks Luanne

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-notebook-dv9000ca.686717/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have 2GB RAM. I want increse my PC RAM what is the max RAM cpacity of my PC Product Name: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PCProduct number: F0C25PA#ACJ

Solved!
View Solution.

A:what is the max RAM capacity of HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Hi, Your machine is a "HP Pavilion 15-e024tu" which has 2 user accessible slots:    http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03921877 and its supports (page #4 of the manual) Support for DDR3L (1600-MHz) dual channelSupport for 8192-MB of system RAM in the following configurations:? 8192-MB (8192-MB×1, 4096-MB×2)? 6144-MB (4096-MB+2048-MB)? 4096-MB (4096-MB×1, 2048-MB×2)? 2048-MB (2048-MB×1) Please use the following manual to get more information (RAM type) and how to replace RAM:    http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03939658 Regards.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/what-is-the-max-RAM-capacity-of-HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC/td-p/4863966
Relevancy 51.6%

My spouses laptop which had not been used in months on plugging it into notebook pavilion G7-2373CA HP my router modem was working fine updated Norton still worked okay then windows HP pavilion G7-2373CA notebook updates came down plus optional updates were installed after doing a restart I found the mouse would not work and One note kept popping up and the notebook kept freezing up nbsp I finally tried to resyore to an earlier date no difference then I tried a refresh HP pavilion G7-2373CA notebook but that failed with HP pavilion G7-2373CA notebook an error message no idea what it said it flashed on and off so fast I did not have a chance to read it nbsp Now I am doing a recovery using the HP recovery discs it just prompted me to insert disc on the instruction sheet sent with the discs it says to press F but it seems that did not work so tried F and that worked nbsp I have never been able to set him up with his own Microsoft account password it always rejects it or changes mine phone Microsoft many time about this but no help If anyone can let me know what is going on with this laptop let me know I cannot use it without the mouse although my spouse can but it should work Inserted disc and pressed enter but a long list of messages appeared about no bootable device so now I am really stuck please help it was windows and the updates were windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-pavilion-G7-2373CA-notebook/td-p/5639264
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,I tried to search the cpu upgrade information by following the instructions the website gave me. And I got lost since there's no cpu upgrade information link. I tried to search my motherboard's specification for upgrading the cpu, but I'm totally out of idea how. So, here's the informations about my laptop. Is it possible for me to upgrade my cpu? If so, what kind of CPU would you recommend? thank you.Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bitSystem model : HP pavilion dm1 Notebook PC (HP Pavilion dm1-3206au Entertainment )BIOS : InsydeH20 version CCB.03.60.43F.12Processor : AMD E-350 (2CPUs) 1.6 GhzRAM : 6GBSo, I wonder what kind of CPU match for my computer's specifications. If there's anything else you need, let me know. Thanks.

A:Upgrading CPU for HP Pavilion dm1 Notebook PC

Hi,I'm afraid that there is only one supported processor for the laptop. The E-350 one. I have got a DM1 maintenance and service guide and according to this there no other processors except the E-350..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrading-CPU-for-HP-Pavilion-dm1-Notebook-PC/td-p/1766339
Relevancy 51.6%

I have an HP Pavilion Notebook dv tx running Vista which whenever i turn Notebook Pavilion HP Not Booting it on switches on the led lights the fan moves for a few seconds then everything stops with the screen remaining black The LED lights stay on the computer just won t boot into the BIOS It is not a battery problem and I have tried reseating the RAM This all occured after the computer suddenly died while booted then after starting to boot back into windows afterwards died while loading Vista It has not displayed anything on the HP Pavilion Notebook Not Booting screen since Specs INTEL CORE DUO T GHZ MB L HP Pavilion Notebook Not Booting CACHE MHZ FSB GB DDR RAM GB X GB RPM HDD INCH WXGA X BRIGHTVIEW DISPLAY BLU-RAY ROM WITH SUPERMULTI DVD -RW DUAL LAYER DRIVE NVIDIA GEFORCE M GS WITH MB DEDICATED VIDEO MEMORY INTEGRATED GIGABIT LAN INTEGRATED A G N WLAN INTEGRATED BLUETOOTH K MODEM INTEGRATED AUDIO INTEGRATED WEBCAM -IN- DIGITAL MEDIA READER X USB PORTS X FIREWIRE PORT X HDMI PORT Thanks in advance to any help received nbsp

A:HP Pavilion Notebook Not Booting

Nice machine and configuration.
I would first try removing two memory modules, and attempting a boot with the third.. then if that doesn't work, change modules until you have tried all three.
It is difficult to trouble-shoot a machine like that... but we are seeing a LOT of ealy failures in the large laptops hard drives from 250 GB to 500 GB, so suspect that your hard drive might be bad. A good test would be to try any other known good hard drive from 80 GB on up to 500 GB... can you borrow one, then try to format and install it.
If still dead when you change memory and hard drive, it is time to get it back to HP for warranty work.
Anything you do that is not memory and not a hard drive will void your warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-notebook-not-booting.134102/
Relevancy 51.6%

I keep getting a message "low disk space" when I choose to clean up disk it still comes back later (the error message that is) this thing is only a week old. Also Java updates keep failing any ideas on either of these, any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance
Carol

A:Brand new HP Pavilion Notebook why is it doing this????

I really would like some help if someone has the time.

Thanks
Carol

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/brand-new-hp-pavilion-notebook-why-is-it-doing-this.632238/
Relevancy 51.6%

Can someone please help? My Pavilion is plugged in and for the past few days i noticed that it was pretty low. I checked today and clicked on the battery button to see the status and it says "19% avalible (plugged in, not charging)".

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-17-notebook-is-not-charging-even-though-it-is/td-p/5629182
Relevancy 51.6%

Does anyone on the forum have this particular laptop working under Windows 7 (on HP's site, it shows that the only supported OS are XP/2000/Vista (32/64 bit)?

The machine can support a max of 2GB of ram, and is a dual core 1.8Ghz processor.

I will have the laptop in my hands tomorrow to examine in depth...

A:HP Pavilion tx1120us Notebook PC

That likely means those sre the OSes that HP supports. They may not have shipped this model with Win 7, hence no support. The spec you list are ok for 32 bit and nominal for 64 bit. This tool can help if you download on the PC in question: Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor - Download - Microsoft Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/179953-hp-pavilion-tx1120us-notebook-pc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi @ all.I am having problems with my PC. It is no longer charging. When I plug the charging line (the charging wire and adaptor) it is not charging. The orange charging light by the charging port is not coming up. But when I am about to plug in the charger, it makes some sound to show that the charger is good and working well. But if I put on the system, it will come up but the charger and the adaptor is not charging the PC.I have removed the battery and held down the power button for about a minute and it still did not work.Please help. What can I do

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-pavilion-15-notebook-pc-not-charging/td-p/5657107
Relevancy 51.6%

I purrchased a HP Pavilion g6-1201tx Notebook PC in 2012. It has  two USB port in left side and one in right side. I want to know if it is 2.0 or 3.0. If I go in device manager, it doesn't show any details. Please help. 

A:HP Pavilion g6-1201tx Notebook PC USB

Hi, They are all USB 2.0 - specs page for your notebook is on the link below. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-g6-1200-Notebook-PC-series/5145704/model/5163245/doc... Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-g6-1201tx-Notebook-PC-USB/td-p/5705255
Relevancy 51.6%

I have to change the internal hard drive of an HP Pavilion Entertainment Dv6000 laptop from 2007. My question is, does the new internal hard drive have to be a specific one or any I might find at the store? In other words are all laptop internal hard drives generic?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-Notebook-dv6000-use/td-p/5635098
Relevancy 51.6%

Can you guys help me i need to for XP drivers for a HP Pavilion dv6747nr Notebook PC, But i can only find drivers for Vista. O.O its driving me crazy !!!

I will give many many thanks if you can help me

A:HP Pavilion dv6747nr Notebook PC

Did it originally have Vista on it and you installed XP?

Anyways, here they are:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...652822&lang=en

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavilion-dv6747nr-notebook-pc-252487.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i am interested to upgrade the system memory, I only have 4gb of memory. what is the max the laptop can handle and what kind should  I buy? the system boards is 146A 58.28.

A:HP Pavilion dm4 1165dx Notebook PC

Hi, From page 2 of its Maintenance and Service Guide: Supports up to 8 GB of system memory DDR3, 1066-MHz, dual-channel memory (DDR3 1333 MHz downgraded to DDR3 1066 MHz)Supports the following configurations: ? 8 GB (4 GB×2)? 6 GB (2 GB×2 + 4 GB+1)? 4 MB (2 GB×2 or 4 GBx1)? 3 GB (1 GB×1 + 2 GB×1)? 2 GB (2 GB×1)? 2 MB (1 GB×2)? 1 GB (1 GB×1) Page 44 of the manual shows part number (from HP) and also shows you how to add/replace RAM. You can download more manuals from the following link:             http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-dm4-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/4247657/model/4...    Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-dm4-1165dx-Notebook-PC/td-p/5736642
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi All A few weeks ago I started to download DVDShrink from what looked like a perfectly legitimate company site After I clicked to download the program it began to install itself At the same time all kinds of alarms went off - Comodo Malwarebytes etc - and I quickly shut down After booting up I ran a quick Mbam scan and it found infected files which I deleted I then ran a full Mbam scan and it found a bunch more Later I also ran full Mbam and Avast scans but this time around neither came up with anything I also used ERUNT to replace the Registry with a clean copy made earlier For a few dv7 HP Pavilion Win FROZEN Notebook 7 days everything ran OK but Win 7 HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook FROZEN then Firefox began to freeze up whenever I brought up a page with a Youtube video on it Then other things started to freeze - Task Manager etc - and now it's reached the stage that the computer won't boot up properly at all Almost everything is frozen The computer won't even start in Safe Mode At best it just brings up my mouse pointer which is working and my desktop wallpaper but nothing more Different Windows messages have appeared at times one of which said something to the effect that Windows was stopping to prevent further damage There is a separate RESTORE section on the drive for restoring the computer to factory settings but I can't access it Since I can't get into the computer to do anything at all I'm wondering if there's any way of being able to get the computer working again Any advice would be appreciated

A:Win 7 HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook FROZEN

Try performing a repair installation. This will preserve your user accounts, data, programs, and system drivers.

Instructions for a Windows 7 Repair installation.

A Windows 7 Repair Installation will require a installation disc.

If you do not have a Windows 7 installation disc you can download a free legal ISO image of Windows 7 SP1 at  Windows 7 Forums.  You will need to download the same version of Windows 7 that you have installed,  This image is hosted by the Digital River store which is an official distribution partner of Microsoft.  This is a genuine untouched image which is safe to download. 

Attention:  If you do have a Windows installation disc, skip Part A and go to Part B, Step 1b.

Part A, Steps 1a - 6a

The ISO image will need to be burned to a DVD in order to create a bootable installation disc.

1a)  To burn a ISO file to a DVD please download ImgBurn and install it.

2a)  Insert a blank DVD into your CD/DVD drive tray, and then close the tray.

3a)  Open ImgBurn, and click on Write image file to disc.

4a)  Click on the Browse for a file icon:

5a)  Locate the ISO file you want to burn, and click on the Open button.

6a)  Click on the blue arrow to start burning the bootable DVD.

Please note:  In order to boot from this DVD you may need to change the boot order in the BIOS so that the CD/DVD-ROM is the first device in the boot order, and the hdd is the second device.

Part B, Steps 1b - 10b

1b)  Place the installation disc in the tray of the CD/DVD drive, close the tray and restart the computer.

2b)  You will be prompted to press any key to start the installation, I find the space bar handy.

At this point the setup process will load files, this will take several minutes.

3b)  You will now need to choose the  Language, Time, currency format, and Keyboard or input method that you'd like to use.

After this is done click on Next.

4b)  Click on the Repair your computer link at the bottom-left of the Install Windows window.

This link will begin the Windows 7 System Recovery Options.

5b)  System Recovery Options will now search your hard drive(s) for any Windows 7 installations.  This will take several minutes.

No participation is required on your part at this time, wait till it has finished and the next window opens.

6b)  Choose the Windows 7 installation that you'd like to perform the Startup Repair on, then click on Next

7b)  Click on the Startup Repair link from list of recovery tools in System Recovery Options.

For a future reference, there are several other diagnostic and recovery tools available in the Windows 7 System Recovery Options including System Restore, System Image Recovery, Windows Memory Diagnostic, and Command Prompt.

8b)  The Startup Repair tool will now search for problems in the system files.

If Startup Repair finds a problem with any system files the tool may suggest a solution which you will need to confirm, or may solve the problem automatically.

9b)  Startup Repair will now attempt to repair whatever problems it found with system files.  

Note:  If Startup Repair did not find any problems with system files you won't see this step.

Important: Your computer may or may not restart several times during this repair process.  This is normal, you should allow it to continue until you see the Restart your computer to complete the repairs window. 

10b)  Click on Finish, this will restart your computer.

It is possible that the Startup Repair will not be able to fix the problem.  If the Startup Repair tool determines ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513983/win-7-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook-frozen/
Relevancy 51.6%

My spouses laptop which had not G7-2373CA pavilion notebook HP been used HP pavilion G7-2373CA notebook in months on plugging it into my router modem was working fine updated Norton still worked okay then windows updates came down plus optional updates were installed after doing a restart I found the mouse would not work and One note kept popping up and the notebook kept freezing up nbsp I finally tried to resyore to an earlier date no difference then I tried a refresh but that failed with an error message no idea what it said it flashed on and off so fast I did not have a chance to read it nbsp Now I am doing a recovery using the HP recovery discs it just prompted me to insert disc on the instruction sheet sent with the discs it says to press F but it seems that did not work so tried F and that worked nbsp I have never been able to set him up with his own Microsoft account password it always rejects it or changes mine phone Microsoft many time about this but no help If anyone can let me know what is going on with this laptop let me know I cannot use it without the mouse although my spouse can but it should work Inserted disc and pressed enter but a long list of messages appeared about no bootable device so now I am really stuck please help it was windows and the updates were windows

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-pavilion-G7-2373CA-notebook/td-p/5639263
Relevancy 51.6%

I have been using my HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-p174na for casual use (a couple of times a week, nothing strenuous at all) since I purchased it a year and a half ago. Yesterday I completed a spreadsheet and checked/sent some emails and then turned it off and put it on charge overnight.This morning I unplugged it and put it away. Then on getting it out to use again this evening I cannot get it to start. I have checked a lot of support pages and searches for the problem and have tried all solutions I have come across (hard resets, attempting turn on with and without battery and/or AV power cord). Nothing seems to work. There are no flashing lights or noises coming from the notebook at all. There also seems to be no damage to any of the cables or power equipment. Please advise what course of action I should now take.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-Notebook-not-turning-on/td-p/5704949
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello I seem to be having quite the issue with this laptop apparently many others have this issue as well I'm trying to get it working for a friend nbsp name nbsp HP Pavilion dv Notebook PCnumber nbsp QA UA ABAOS nbsp Windows Home Premium -bit Service Pack nbsp First thing I noticed was that there were zero Windows Updates installed and zero Restore points created Nothing needed to be backed up file-wise went to install Windows and realized that it isn't free anymore so scratch that idea nbsp No audio - Audio Pavilion dv7 Notebook No has been able to play through the speakers through Windows Pavilion dv7 Notebook - No Audio though when I launched the HP BIOS Hardware Pavilion dv7 Notebook - No Audio Diagnostic Tool I was able to hardware test the speakers and they played audio passed multiple tests nbsp I've troubleshot every possibility I could think of that could cause something like this nbsp Installed new audio drivers update restarted no sound nbsp Installed some Windows Updates No sound nbsp Installed chipset utility MEI driver graphics driver and display audio drivers Restarted no sound still nbsp Installed HP BIOS updates and HP BIOS EUFI updates restarted still no sound nbsp Installed more Windows Updates No sound nbsp Rolled back audio drivers restarted no sound nbsp Installed older recommended audio drivers restarted no audio still nbsp Installed HP Hardware Diagnostic Tool was able to get audio to play through speakers during a hardware test in BIOS nbsp --------------------- nbsp That lead me to believe the failure is possibly being caused by software nbsp Uninstalled audio drivers restarted Device Manager Wizard then installed drivers upon logging in Restarted again no sound nbsp Installed most recent audio drivers restarted no sound nbsp Cleaned registry using CCleaner nbsp Installed more Windows Updates restarted no sound nbsp Performed a hard reset still no sound is coming through the speakers when I turn the laptop on nbsp -------------------- nbsp I give up on troubleshooting for now but I would like to figure out why the audio isn't playing through the speakers nbsp If anyone has any suggestions or can offer me any help I would greatly appreciate it nbsp Thank you nbsp nbsp - cT nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Pavilion-dv7-Notebook-No-Audio/td-p/5750949
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, purchased the stated item no less than 18 months ago and today, whilst writing a job application and without any forewarning, the system started making a clunking sound and switched off. tried to turn on and went into automatic repair mode. Tried to do a system recovery, unable as it says the device needs repairing. Any ideas? surely this must be a manufacturing fault? HP website is also unable to tell me my warranty status. help appreciated. Laptop is of great need right now!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-Failure/td-p/5814625
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi!I am using HP Pavilion 15 Notebok PC (F6C42PA#ACJ). It came with Win 8.1 preinstalled on a 1 TB HDD. I have upgraded the OS to win 10 and now want to upgrade my HDD to a SSD. I was wondering if Transcend TS256GSSD370S and Samsung Evo 850 is compatible with my laptop. Also how to enable AHCI mode? I don't see any such option in BIOS.Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SSD-upgrade-for-HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC/td-p/5616783
Relevancy 51.6%

hello guys,

i need your help this time to figure out the problem of my wife's laptop, anyway i upload the 2 dump file. her laptop is newly bought an HP pavilion g6 notebook PC, i cant actually figure out the problem this time because she was on another country.. thanks

Attachment 229993

A:(BSOD)HP pavilion g6 notebook PC

Welcome
You dmps are showing code 116, and that can be a problem as small as a driver, but can be hardware, such as memory or worse
atikmpag.sys
You can update the driver.
If it is anything else it is most likely hardware related. Since it is new, you may want to exercise the Warranty. I know from past experience, too many changes will void the warranty.
Atikmpag.sys file descriptionProductname:AMD driver Description:AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Company:Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251012-bsod-hp-pavilion-g6-notebook-pc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

When I log in to the computer, I click my user id picture and it said "Welcome" and a circle just kept turning

then it went to sleep then when we wake it up it will be just blue

I don't know

Hi my hp pavilion g7-1329wm notebook pc has a problem. I click my user id to log in and it goes to sleep and when I wake it up and the log in screen comes up but no user ids are visible. Its just blue

A:Pavilion g7-1329wm Notebook PC

Can you log in if you start up in safe mode? (Press F8 on Windows boot-up, and choose Safe Mode).
Did you do something specific recently, like install something or change system settings?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pavilion-g7-1329wm-notebook-pc-639869.html
Relevancy 51.6%

when i am giving the print on notebook there is an error that there is error in printing please help me in this and i want to that SM Bus controller Driver on my notebook is instale it show it was unable to instale  on the system and said do it from websit so kindly help me . Model- HP pavilion g4 notebook pc and chip type: ATI display adapter (0x9648)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/SM-bus-controller-for-hp-pavilion-go-notebook-PC/td-p/5708090
Relevancy 51.6%

Dear all, Please help me the problem after upgrade windows 10. My laptop is HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab222tuafter upgrade, running to HP logo and stop. Nothing more. Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15-ab222tu/td-p/5742990
Relevancy 51.6%

My HP pavilion does not take charging after 80% and sometimes the charging light starts blinking. It shows plugged in , not charging.

A:My HP pavilion 15 notebook does not charge after 81%

Have you tried a battery diagnostic either in the UEFI diagnostics (F2 as you power on) or in the HP Support Assistant running from Windows? Stopping at 81% seems like it may be a dead power cell in the battery. Can we have the full model number of the laptop and an idea how old the battery is? Original?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-HP-pavilion-15-notebook-does-not-charge-after-81/td-p/5605815
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm having problem with my HP Pavilion laptop. When I first got it which is 3 days ago it was fine. But somehow it didn't boot up suddenly. Blank screen, no led indicators, nothing. The battery indicator did light up when I connect the charger suggesting that the battery is fine. When I press the power button it does nothing. The power button did lights up though. I did try leaving it just to see if it actually going to boot and it does, but only after 4 hours. But now it just won't boot. Please help. I can't send it for warranty until next week since I'm away. Thanks in advance.

A:HP Pavilion notebook is not booting

I forgot to tell that I have tried all available method like hard reset. Didn't do anything for me. P.S. -My laptop has non-removable battery.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-notebook-is-not-booting/td-p/5742441
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there I'm not getting option for USB boot on my boot manager page on my HP Pavilion 13-s101TU help me please I want to run Linux operating system with USB but not getting option

A:Re: HP Pavilion notebook will not boot

Hi @Matt28v6, You may consider contacting HP support to arrange a repair. Please use the following link http://www.hp.com/contacthp to create a case for your issue, and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html to get the contact information for your region. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Re-HP-Pavilion-notebook-will-not-boot/td-p/5707352
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone,my laptop was working fine, suddenly some keys stopped working like T, Y, Tab, left ctrl, 9 (numlock), F10. I was searching troughout the forum didn't find nothing which could solve me the problem.  I'm using windows 8.1 and I've tried also to test them over Linux,  nothing, same problem. Even when I start the BIOS menu and there is a command to select with F10 in BIOS I can't select it. It won't recognize (tried with and without the key fn). Didn't also split anything on it, so I'm asking here for any help before I go to a service. Any ideas? Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Some-key-are-not-working-on-my-HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC/td-p/5804302
Relevancy 51.6%

I bought this laptop in january.It was said to me that the total graphics memory is near 6gb and they show tat to me.But now i get the total graphics memory is 4.1 gb.This was happend after upgrade its os on july.I can not understand the problem and confused about graphics memory.

A:HP Pavilion Notebook 15-ab125ax

Hi, The following link shows it specs:     http://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c04781158 It has 2GB of dedicated video card and MAY (yes may) have up to over 3,000 MB of available system RAM (to make around 6GB). It can go up to 6GB when required, 4.1 is a snapshot number when you are looking at. Again, this number is not a fixed number. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15-ab125ax/td-p/5745454
Relevancy 51.6%

My HP Pavilion dv7-1014ca Entertainment Notebook is running incredibly hot. The fan is on pretty much all the time. The BIOS is fully updated and I've vaccumed the vents and the fan. I keep my laptop on hard, flat surfaces, and yet at times it's almost too hot to touch. the entire bottom section of the notebook will be remarkably hot. Any idea what the problem could be? I've also had moments when my notebook shuts down without any warning for seemingly no reason. Could it be overheating?

A:HP Pavilion dv7 notebook running way too hot

that's because are not good....I have the same problem with my 2 (TWO) HP pavilions....nobody could explain why, not in England, not in Italy....when became too hot they shutdown....I swore t not buy HP anymore.... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-dv7-notebook-running-way-too-hot/td-p/286340
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a HP pavilion DV4-1430us Notebook With windows 7 (Which before was Windows Vista)This compute was given to me because they did not remember the Administrative Password. I can enter with the Guest Account, but I need Administrative Privilege to install update, anti-virus, drivers and many more things that the computer needs. My question is how can I delete or change the administrative password. Is there a disk that will delete,change, or recovery the administrative password. please help me on this problem.
Thank you,
tonchis

A:HP pavilion DV4-1430us Notebook

sorry we cannot assist with passwords - please see the rules here
http://www.techguy.org/rules.html
Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

closing post

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-dv4-1430us-notebook.1136018/
Relevancy 51.6%

i having 500gb internal hard drive with 4 gb ram.Can i  able to upgrade my internal drive to 1 tb?Is possible to uppgrade internal dive?

A:HP Pavilion g6-1301tx Notebook PC

Yes you can install a 1 TB SATA 2.5 inch wide and 7 or 9.5 mm thick hard drive. Post back if you need more help. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-g6-1301tx-Notebook-PC/td-p/5775057