Windows Support Forum

Lost hdd space post format

Q: Lost hdd space post format

I recently cloned my old 160gb hdd on to a new 1tb hdd, then proceeded to format my old hdd. After formating it had lost 128gb only showing 32gb. I have checked for partitions (unallocated) but none can be found. Even tried remapping mbr, with no result. Any help to recover my lost storage space would be great.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lost hdd space post format

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lost hdd space post format

I'm running Windows 7 home premium BTW don't no if that info will help with a solution or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-hdd-space-post-format.213789/
Relevancy 68.8%

i have win home edition bit given with my pc installed after a while i installed ubuntu dual boot and allocated GB as a partition to it dual boot worked fine i could use both os without problem at some time i had some virus problems in win and decided to format disk and reinstall i have no win installation disk but a win recovery disk given with the pc in order to use in these situations when i used the recovery cd before reinstalling windows i formatted disk using the recovery cd to do it and (lost problem disk recover urgent!!!! Win7 space) after format the rest of the install worked all right however the problem is that now the GB of hard disk space allocated to ubuntu are lost windows recognizes only the rest space and does not show any other partition i Win7 problem after format and recover (lost disk space) urgent!!!! also used easeus partition magic tool but got the same result what do i have to do to be able to use all disk space do Win7 problem after format and recover (lost disk space) urgent!!!! full HD format with some option and how

A:Win7 problem after format and recover (lost disk space) urgent!!!!

Right click on your My computer icon on the desktop > Manage . It will open the computer management window. Maximize the window, click on "Disk management" in the left hand side pane, and post a snipshot ot the resulting windoe , for a better understanding of the present situation .

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Ubuntu uses a different format structure for the disks and partitions , so usually the ubuntu partitions are not generally shown in windows. But it is visible in the disk management window, without any drive letter assigned to it .

EDIT : If you want to access the linux partition from within windows, you may try this program : http://www.techiequest.com/diskinter...-from-windows/

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/186661-win7-problem-after-format-recover-lost-disk-space-urgent.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Help please I did make a post on the Technet Forums not to long ago and H ardForums a few weeks ago just found this Format, Storage Suddenly wants Space to HELP!! to Data Space Unable Access site today really HELP!! Storage Space Space Suddenly wants to Format, Unable to Access Data hope some one out there can help me I just copy pasted my Technet Forum post Please help This is for a Windows used as a Home Media Server Every thing was working fine and then one day when I turned on the Server I was unable to access the Storage Space and windows was telling me I needed to Format the drive at first I thought some thing was wrong with ether the motherboard or a hard drive died I moved the Storage Space Drives to a older system that I know works and Was getting the Same Error I reinstalled Windows same error with Storage Space The Manage Storage Space control panel was asking for me to add more drives So I added them Same error Below are a few screen shots of what I think was important to show to get help I am no HELP!! Storage Space Space Suddenly wants to Format, Unable to Access Data IT pro I am at the limits of what I know so please Help Storage Space Window Format Error PowerShell quot Get quot Cmdlets Event Veiwer Error I really am at a loss of what to do and it is some what frustrating but I know the data is still on the drives the Storage Space control panel shows most of the drives with space being used So something must have gone corrupt Is what I am thinking So I did a quot Repair-Virtualdisk-FriendlyName quot and as of this posting hours minutes have passed and it is still at complete at this rate it will take days maybe even weeks I do not even know if it is safe to stop it or shut down the machine If you need any more info please ask I HELP!! Storage Space Space Suddenly wants to Format, Unable to Access Data need to get this fixed soon The last time the server was working fine All I did was watch some videos over my network on my Main PC coped some video files to my server and deleted some folders and video files once I was done I shutdown the PC I use the Storage Space as a Network Drive with full access Only my Main PC uses this for now nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-storage-space-space-suddenly-wants-to-format-unable-to-access-data.1127257/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi

My laptop has 2x 7,200RMP ~320 GB hardrives. Previously I was using Vista and all partitions were devided equally (~150 GB) . After I've installed Win7 on C, part. D (which also has recovery files) suddenly became 13 GB,whilst other ones stayed the same.
So my question is where did the other 135 GB go ?

Thx in advance

A:HDD free space lost in Space....

Try posting a screen shot of disk mgmt so we can give a more accurate answer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/137547-hdd-free-space-lost-space.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Anyway i can download the CD? I asked my friends no one have it :S... Im using Xps Gen 5 (dell)...
I got the cd of windows xp, but i get an error trying to format with it... I dont know if its my PC or the CD, so anyone know how to download that CD? :S

A:Solved: Format my pc. But i lost the cd to format

Hello and welcome,

No, you cannot download the CD anywhere. That would be providing you with an ILLEGAL copy which is against the law.

You can contact DELL and get a replacement “restoration” CD or you can purchase a full version of the operating system.

Thanks and have fun!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-format-my-pc-but-i-lost-the-cd-to-format.627745/
Relevancy 50.74%

When I formatted my hard drive, I then installed some software after which I tryed sending them to desktop and no icon displayed including the recycle bin. What is the problem and solution

A:Post-Format Problems

Hi,
My first suspect would be that the operating system did not install completely. Also, did you reboot and do the OS updates before trying to start program installation?
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505130/post-format-problems/
Relevancy 50.74%

hi, my friend has just formatted his windows xp and now he has a problem with his dvd rom, it plays cd's fine but when he tries to play a dvd he gets nothing, the disc doesnt even spin.... any ideas?

A:post format problem

Have you went into Device manager to see if the problem is flagged?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/post-format-problem.503143/
Relevancy 50.31%

After a recent Malware infection combofix was used. Everything seems back to normal now except 20 gigs of hard disk space is gone.

~~~~
Completion time: 2009-07-23 17:01 - machine was rebooted [Daniel]
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2009-07-23 21:01

Pre-Run: 71,331,946,496 bytes free
Post-Run: 52,345,913,344 bytes free
~~~~

Any clues on how this could have occured?

Attached is the combofix log file.
Thank you in advance,
Djs20077

A:Post Combofix Disk Space

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/243925/post-combofix-disk-space/
Relevancy 50.31%

I just installed Windows XP SP 3 and everything works. However, I noticed my C drive was down below 700 MB; down about 1.5 GB from before the install. I have lots of room on a 750 GB USB connected hard disk.

I went looking into the Windows directory and found the following directories:
Downloaded Installations
Downloaded Program Files
Installer
Internet Logs
RegisteredPackages
ServicePackFiles
SoftwareDistribution
WinSxS

I compressed a couple of those directories to get my drive to 1 GB. In any of those or maybe other directories, can I delete old files or move them to my other hard disk?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xl-post-sp3-disk-space.724943/
Relevancy 50.31%

HELLO, I m having a problem of DVD space being used up after accidentally formatting. It is a new DVD-R with 4.4GB, now it only left 3.2GB. Is it possible to recover the space??

A:Recover DVD space after format

You can not format a DVD. If the DVD is a DVD-RW or DVD+RW you might be able to erase it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/recover-dvd-space-after-format-637707.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So I formatted my PC after three years and reinstalled Win x Ultimate and because my C drive is Weird format post issue limited in space only GB I opted to move the quot My Documents quot folder to my larger drive using the 'right click - gt properties - gt location' option and set Weird issue post format it to D Now when I look inside my C users lt user gt folder I see all the proper things however quot My Documents quot is no longer there I thought it would leave a shortcut or something and something else I now see an icon of my D drive In fact it is my D drive I can open it I can view its properties I cant delete the icon I can't do anything that would make it go away However if I create a shortcut to my user folder and open that the D drive isn't there Which is fine and dandy but more often then not I go into my user folder from the start menu which isn't a shortcut and therefor shows the D drive wait I think I know what happened if I right click on D in my computer it acts like a folder and I can change its location if I set it to default it goes to C users My Documents So now I'm afraid to set it back to default in case it moves my entire D drive which I Weird issue post format cant let Weird issue post format happen 'My Documents' is now on the D drive where it's supposed to be If you need a picture of what I am trying to explain just ask Thanks

A:Weird issue post format

Did you move the User folder to another partition using this method exactly? User Folders - Change Default Location

Another method is to rightclick any folder and include it in your Documents library, then learn to get Documents via libraries where you have linked all related folders. This allows multiple folders, partitions, HD's, Users and network locations to be part of that library.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/113505-weird-issue-post-format.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I did a format install from a hidden system partition to rid my laptop of its issues However my computer is still acting up At one point I wasn't controlling what was happening on my screen had just awoken from a nap so dont remember if it problems Having format? post system was just lag or something more I did a ram test chkdisk and Having problems post system format? scan disk Have AVG on in background and the system scans haven't found anything Was having similar problems when Having problems post system format? I posted the other thread thats on page now without a response Thank you for any help Should be clean with the format but since the installation was from another partion and not cd never know with these things DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer Run by Jay at on - - Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgidsagent exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Launch Manager dsiwmis exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerSvc exe C Program Files Launch Manager LMutilps exe C Program Files Acer Registration GREGsvc exe C Program Files Realtek Realtek PCIE Card Reader RIconMan exe C Program Files Acer Acer Updater UpdaterService exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Online Backup NOBuAgent exe C Program Files Acer Acer VCM RS Service exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemcx exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite x SuiteTray exe C Program Files EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Launch Manager LManager exe C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerTray exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgui exe C Program Files Acer Acer VCM AcerVCM exe C Program Files Launch Manager LMworker exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system igfxext exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files Acer Acer ePower Management ePowerEvent exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe C Program Files Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorDataMgrSvc exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp a... Read more

A:Having problems post system format?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/513270 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513270/having-problems-post-system-format/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey there, situation is whenever the system is under load it bsods and restarts in an instant, I have removed and shuffled my RAM to try and narrow down a hardware issue, aswell as removing my SSD and installed windows on my 1Tb samsung internal to no avail, so have reconnected it. The last Bsod occured as soon as I turned on a rarely used 1Tb Lacie external I use for backups, within .5s of the disk spinning up. Bsods beforehand have had the 3Tb WD Elements attached and most often not in use. My fear is a power supply issue.

Attached are the logs using the DM log collector, aswell as my own recording from earlier.

A:BSOD continuing post format.

Hi Meany.

A stop 0x124 might be a power supply issue. But first of all let us take care of some drivers.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Make it sure that the NETGEAR A6200 is running with the latest driver.
A6200

You also need to update Renesas USB3 drivers; but ASUS does not have any update with them. Try a third party source like Renesas/Nec uPD720200/720200a USB3 Controller Drivers Version 2.1.39.0 WHQL

Make it sure that the SSD is having the latest firmware.
How to Upgrade OCZ SSD Firmware | StorageReview.com - Storage Reviews

Let us know the results. After seeing those, we will start hardware testing.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8008f72028, b424a000, 8d000145}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8008f72028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b424a000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 000000008d000145, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: f

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03090b08 fffff800`03009903 : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08f72028 00000000`b424a000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`03090b10 fffff800`02ba0513 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`081192b0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08119300 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`03090b50 fffff800`030095c8 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`081192b0 fffff880`03090eb0 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`03090bb0 fffff800`03008f1a : fffffa80`081192b0 fffff880`03090eb0 fffffa80`081192b0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`03090d00 fffff800`02ffce8f : fffff880`03088180 00000000`00000001 fffff880`03090f30 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`03090d40 fffff800`02a8a7ac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x47
fffff880`03090d70 fffff800`02a8a613 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`03090eb0 fffff800`02a89f85 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
fffff880`030b09a0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x105
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: AuthenticAMD

IMAGE_NAME: AuthenticAMD

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

IMAGE_VERSION: ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/333477-bsod-continuing-post-format.html
Relevancy 49.88%

It's the yellow question marks in the device manager. I just did a re-format (total/destructive), from the original OS restore disc.

I attempted to install the drivers, but they're not found.

What do we do here?

Thanks

Relevancy 49.88%

I just finished installing a Windows 7 Pro upgrade from Vista. I now have almost no room left on my hard drive, which used to have about 100+ GBs free. What can I safely delete?

A:Windows 7 Post-Installation Space Issue

Welcome to SF!

See this tutorial: Disk Cleanup : Extended

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/83969-windows-7-post-installation-space-issue.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, i formatted my computer with the XP disc and i chose quick format since i didnt have time and when i start the computer, i went to my comp. and clicked on my hard drive and i only have 111gb left when it was suppose to be 230...( 250gig maxtor ) Should i format again with Full Format?

Relevancy 49.45%

any hope for this? My pavilion notebook had unrecoverable disk errors so I decided to format and reinstall xp home, 6 hrs later it was stuck at 19%, I shut it down and now it goes to dark gray after the post screen, no cursor, nothing, cd spins up fine but I can't get display, external monitor no good either. Only thing I can get to is the bios

Relevancy 49.02%

I am having a problem with losing disc space. I recently caught and presumably deleted a Trojan, Zlob-X.a. My computer was fine for about 48 hours after the removal. Now every time I connect to the internet I lose GB of hard disc space (about 1 GB every 5-10 minutes). The loss or continues for several minutes after I disconnect, as if something has downloaded and is expanding in the background. No spyware removal tool or antivirus has detected anything. Ideas or solutions?

Edited by brink:
Removed the garbled coding to make the post readable.

A:Post-Virus Loss of Disc Space in Vista

Geez. That sounds like a total mess. If you restart after you disconnect, has the space returned, or is it still gone? Is it how much total HD space is recognized that is dropping, or the amount of free space?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/110170-post-virus-loss-disc-space-vista.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I am running Vista and I have recently re formated my hard drive. After reinstalling everything needed, drivers, utilities, etc. I noticed Firefox would not work still. Which was one of the many reasons I wanted to re format. Because of this I was using Safari for awhile which seemed to do the trick in the interim. Anyway I caught a weird virus and decided I may as well give the formating another shot. Now when I put my CD in to get started and I click install now a message pops up and says I need about 500 MBs on any partition for temp. files. Apparently don't have that much space. Not sure what the hell to delete.

A:Not able to re format hard drive due to lack of space.

Try downloading and running CCleaner in the machine.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/259606/not-able-to-re-format-hard-drive-due-to-lack-of-space/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi... im having this prob where a total of 40GB of space out of 160Gb in my HD cant be formatted. I were using Windows Vista before upgrading it into Win 7....
I had 3 partitions ( c:, d:, & N... All 3 of it works perfectly. The only problem im facing here is with this 40GB of free space which i couldn't Format in anyway.. it keeps on bugging me with this warning of "not enough space to complete operation" thingy...
Here is an image of it, where the green colored free space (39.06Gb)... cant be formatted.
I tried Formatting it while the w7 installation process, yet, i still couldn't do anything.
Can someone plz help me out.........

A:Unable to Format a free partition space in WIN 7...

I'm in the process of setting up my secondary rig, and haven't done too much more than the installation, and I ended up with an unallocated space ahead of the partitions, much as your's except mine is much larger. I intend to use a third party program such as Acronis Disk Director Suite, or something else to move and resize the partitions. I can't recommend DDS, because it is not W7 compatible, but I already have it, and I think that it would do the job, booting from it's disk.

There are other partitioning tools available that are free, but I haven't used any of them, except Partition Wizard, but I'm not familiar with it enough to say that it would handle this type of problem or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/49940-unable-format-free-partition-space-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I couldn't format the free space available in my hardisk . Pls help me regarding this issue. thanks

A:i couldn't format available free space in my harddisk

Hi krishmaximus,

What did you use to format your hard drive? Try using a Quick Format and see if it works.
Format a HDD or USB

And are you trying to format free space? I'm not sure that you can...

Hope this helps,
Jaidyn

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/174833-i-couldnt-format-available-free-space-my-harddisk.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have been using a loader to load information into a box for about a year, yesterday when i pushed the load button i got an error box "can't open serial port last error: Incorrect Function
It's attached to the same port, loaded is assigned to that port. I've made no changes to computer sence last use.

Rather not say what kind of loader or box, just that this system has worked in the past now it won't.

I went to device manager and Com port 1 is ok, thats the one loader is assigned to. Ports 2 & 3 seem to be missing, 4 & 5 have a yellow ! on them. tryed deleting and rebooting still yellow

Thanks for any help

A:Com Post Lost?

This is a compaq 5834 older computer with xp pro. if it makes a difference

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/com-post-lost.562048/
Relevancy 48.59%

I read and printed out a post about freezing a week or so ago, but have lost it.
It told you how to go to msconfig and click on selective start up and I forget the rest. can anyone help?

Relevancy 48.59%

I posted a thread on Wednesday evening, but haven't received any response and now when I search for it, I can't find it.

Did I do something wrong?

Donna

Relevancy 48.59%

It's been almost three days and I haven't got a reply back yet... Just wonder if I got lost??

http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/625365-i-got-bug-hacker-asap.html

A:Did my post get lost??

I answered your other thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/did-my-post-get-lost.626223/
Relevancy 48.59%

I searched and found your old post here. Please post in that area since it has numerous replies:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f149...sc-491175.html

Relevancy 48.59%

I ve just run Eraser for the first time on a Windows Media Center XP Service Pack System overnight and now have problems with all my browsers No title bar is completely functional whether it s associated with a browser or any other program They display only the program s logo without the additional information normally shown For example IE s title bar no longer displays the quot Windows Internet Explorer quot Total erasure browser space post free malfunction title nor does it show the name of the website currently open Home pages for Google MSN CNN Adobe and Oracle load quickly and normally Home pages for Amazon Weather com and Wunderground only partially load with the mouse flickering between the quot hourglass quot and quot pointer quot displays Your homepage http eraser heidi Total browser malfunction post free space erasure ie loads fine but ironically your support forum at http bbs heidi ie will not come up except for the Amazon advertisements running at the top of the page Opening the Windows Help and Support browser will allow searching for topics system restore as an example but clicking on any search results has no effect Microsoft Office programs and notepad experience the same title bar problems but otherwise seem to function normally Eraser was set to erase unused disk space for drive C It set to delete any other files or folders The task status after completion was quot Completed with errors quot The day before this incident I updated all her programs Windows Office Real Adobe Norton AV and ran them to ensure all was working properly I then defragged the drive and re-booted the system Everything functioned normally until erasing the free space This is my fiance s PC who will be returning from a trip to New Orleans on Monday She is a French Cajan with a tendency towards OCD Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and a proclivity towards CQB Close Quarters Battle who will not appreciate that my intent was to be helpful I would greatly appreciate your helping me return her system to normal function nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/total-browser-malfunction-post-free-space-erasure.920657/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Hard space removal disappearing post drive malware all Hard drive space disappearing post malware removal Where to start Windows Vista Home Premium I know IE What happened is happening I have had a couple malware correct term over the past couple months The first one was an IE redirect which I removed successfully with MBAM That is when I believe some very bad things started happening which I wasn t immediately aware of So time passed then one day I got a low disk space warning I checked and I had some lowish number of GB of space left - GB or something And I knew I should ve had more than that And I checked on it periodically several times per day while continuing my normal comp use which I will say I no longer download anything to speak of tv shows movies music etc And I watched these few GB of free space disappear for no apparent reason over a matter of about - days all the way down to literally quot kb quot Using disk cleanup and with restarts It might fluctuate back up to MB I deleted some large movie files that I ve had for over a year giving myself back GB or so then I watched the same thing happen to that free space over about days disappear to who-knows-where So then I happened to get another malware and I once again called on MBAM This is when I start to notice a couple things and make a connection When using MBAM the second time about a month later without using inbetween I noticed that it took a lot longer to perform a quot quick scan quot and that it had A LOT more files to scan in the quick scan Which makes some sense if my hard drive space is disappearning Here s a couple facts the first couple times I ran MBAM quick scan related to the first malware it scanned about files and it took about min After the space disappearing when using related to my second malware infection it scans over files and it takes hours Every time I run MBAM now it finds more files and takes a lot longer Most recent quick scan files and took hours to complete Most importantly perhaps I noticed that it spent the overwhelming majority of time scanning this directory quot C USERS OWNER Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE lt weird dir of letter and numbers gt lt long weird files usually ending in js gt quot And apparently js are JavaScript files So my hypothesis which I can backup to a theory is that for some reason my computer started storing massive amounts of temp internet files and quickly eats up any free space on my hard drive One thing I can t make sense of is why it continues to happen when I m not browsing the net and not even using my computer at all E g I go to work come back and in that time I ve lost s of MB if not a GB Also the fact that I don t believe it was happening before the first time I ran MBAM means that something changed which started this If I go to Internet Options gt Browsing History settings button gt View files it opens the folder which has these files which interestingly appears to be in a slightly different directory then where MBAM scans it quot C Users Owner AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files quot So it contains about - txt cookies but doesn t appear to contain the million or so files totaling my multiple missing GB But when I click on that folder and view properties it does show that it contains thousands of folders over a million files totaling -some GB I turned on viewing of hidden files and still nothing shows other than the aforementioned cookies I ve searched on the disappearing space no one seems to know the cause or to be able to fix the problem I ve searched about these hidden temp files I don t kow if CCleaner works for these or not I finally found an article which had information that I hadn t read anywhere else saying that basically some info about your entire browsing history is permanently stored on your computer and that the only way to access delte it is through true DOS mode I suppose I could believe that but again anyone would notice s of GB filling ... Read more

A:Hard drive space disappearing post malware removal

Hello and welcome.. I would like to run these next. Do not run a Temp file or registry cleaner now.Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it. Checkmark the following checkboxes: Flush DNS Report IE Proxy Settings Reset IE Proxy Settings Report FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings List content of Hosts List IP configuration List Winsock Entries List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Devices List Users, Partitions and Memory size. List Minidump FilesClick Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run. Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.>>>>>Run RKill....Download and Run RKillPlease download RKill by Grinler from one of the 4 links below and save it to your desktop.

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3
Link 4

Before we begin, you should disable your anti-malware softwares you have installed so they do not interfere RKill running as some anti-malware softwares detect RKill as malicious. Please refer to this page if you are not sure how.
Double-click on Rkill on your desktop to run it. (If you are using Windows Vista, please right-click on it and select Run As Administrator)
A black screen will appear and then disappear. Please do not worry, that is normal. This means that the tool has been successfully executed.
If nothing happens or if the tool does not run, please let me know in your next replyDo not reboot your computer after running rkill as the malware programs will start again. Or if rebooting is required run it again.If you continue having problems running rkill.com, you can download iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe, which are renamed copies of rkill.com, and try them instead.Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.Run TDSSKiller.exe. Click on Change Parameters Put a check in the box of Detect TDLFS file system Click Start scan.When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click ContinueLet reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log has a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScanHold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
ESET OnlineScanClick the button.For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Check Click the button.Accept any security warnings from your browser.Under scan settings, check and check Remove found threats Click Advanced settings and select the following:Scan potentially unwanted applicationsScan for potentially unsafe applicationsEnable Anti-Stealth technologyESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.When the scan completes, push Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.Push the button.Push NOTE: In some instances if no malware is found there will be no log produced.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467582/hard-drive-space-disappearing-post-malware-removal/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am trying to extend a primary partition into part of what was a logical. I have already shrunk the logical, created a new partition in the new space, copied the data from the left to the right, then deleted the left drive to try an leave space for the Primary to extend into... but it won't give me the option! The old logical partition is still somehow there, with a green surround. I am not sure what the green line means! See picture:

A:Cannot format free space to extend a primary partition.

I find that Windows Disk Management is not all that capable for partition management. It's great for displaying information, and manipulating drive letters, though.

I use EaseUS FREE Partition Master Home Edition and it's light years ahead of the Windows utility. What you're trying to do would be a snap with EaseUS.

I think the green line outlines an extended partition, within which you have your G partition preceded by unallocated space. What you'd want to do with EaseUS is drag the left handle of the green box up to the beginning of the G partition (i.e. eliminate the unallocated space from the extended partition) and then drag the right handle of the E partition to expand into the newly-made-available unallocated space.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/16063-cannot-format-free-space-extend-primary-partition.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Is it possible to add space(s) between the date and the time?
i.e. instead of 19/06/2012 16:55, I'd prefer: 19/06/2012 *** 16:55

(* = Space. The editor is removing the spaces).

Thank you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-add-space-to-system-date-time-format.1057688/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi people,

I just installed Windows Vista Business SP2 on my SONY VAIO (C:\) which has 50GB, and I had not downloaded anything, except for a wireless driver from SONY (which did not work) and drivers from Device Manager.

After a restart, my C:\ became 6.4GB. I went through all the files (non-hidden files) and found nothing big. I also disabled hibernation (2GB space) and System Restore and there's 8GB space left now. Where did the remaining space went to and how do I restore them?

A:50GB space turned into 6.4GB after fresh format and restart

When you installed vista did you delete then reformat? Or just format you need to make sure you delete then format. Sounds dumb I know but that maybe it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/50gb-space-turned-into-6-4gb-after-fresh-format-and-restart.845962/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello About a week and a half ago I got infected with antivir solution pro I followed the various guides and thought I had it cleaned up succesfully Then last Friday I found my internet connection was disabled and it was because a virus solution format, post with pro, antivir Previously still infected worried was using my computer to send out bulk spam I told my ISP I would take Previously infected with antivir solution pro, post format, still worried care of it I downloaded Avast previously using AVG and did a full scan and Avast found a rootkit I decided not to take any more chances and did a full wipe of the HD So that brings me to now I ve done the wipe but I can t stop feeling paranoid and I would like to be sure something isn t creeping in the recesses of my HD More importantly my ISP has told me they re going to disconnect me if they get any more complaints after Wednesday and I need to make sure that doesn t happen

A:Previously infected with antivir solution pro, post format, still worried

Hello,Please follow the instructions in ==>This Guide<==.Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it ==>HERE<==If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then post back here and we will provide you with further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342080/previously-infected-with-antivir-solution-pro-post-format-still-worried/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello About a week and a half ago I got infected with antivir solution pro I followed the various guides and thought I had it cleaned up succesfully Then last Friday I found my internet connection was disabled and it was because a virus was using my computer to send out bulk pro, still post infected solution antivir worried with format, Previously spam I told my ISP I would take care of it I downloaded Avast previously using AVG and did a full scan and Avast Previously infected with antivir solution pro, post format, still worried found a rootkit I decided not to take any more chances and did a full wipe of the HD So that brings me to now I Previously infected with antivir solution pro, post format, still worried ve done the wipe but I can t stop feeling paranoid and I would like to be sure something isn t creeping in the recesses of my HD More importantly my ISP has told me they re going to disconnect me if they get any more complaints after Wednesday and I need to make sure that doesn t happen I was told to re-post this with some logs so here we go DDS DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Flashy at on Mon Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV avast Antivirus On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared DTSRVC exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast avastUI exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software wpctrl exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Acer Display eDisplay Management DTHtml exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Portrait Displays Shared HookManager exeC Program Files Portrait Displays Pivot Software floater exeC WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXEC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeC Program Files Trillian trillian exeC Documents and Settings Previously infected with antivir solution pro, post format, still worried Flashy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Flashy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Flashy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Flashy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Flashy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Flashy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Flashy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings Flashy Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Documents and Settings Flashy My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blankBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dllBHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dlluRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exeuRun Google Update quot c documents and settings flashy local settings application data google update GoogleUpdate exe quot cmRun avast c progra alwils avast avastUI exe noguimRun nwiz c program files nvidia corporation nview nwiz exe installquietmRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitmRun NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupmRun PivotSoftware quot c program files portrait displays pivot software wpctrl exe quot mRun DT ACR c program files acer display edisplay management DTHtml exe -... Read more

A:Previously infected with antivir solution pro, post format, still worried

Hi flashy99,Welcome to Bleeping Computer!My name is mpascal, and I will be helping you fix your problem.Before we begin, I would like give a few guidelines so that we can fix your problem as quickly and efficiently as possible:Be sure to follow all my instructions carefully! If there is anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to ask.Please do not do anything or perform other steps unless I have asked you to do so.Please make sure you post all logs I ask you to, and make sure that the entire log gets posted.Don't attach any logs unless asked. Posting them in the forums will make them easier to analyze.If you are unsure of how to reply, or need help with anything regarding the website, please look here.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.STEP 1 - MBAMNote: In the event that you already have MBAM installed, you do not need to reinstall it. Simply Updating it and doing a Quickscan is sufficient.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (v1.44) and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/342178/previously-infected-with-antivir-solution-pro-post-format-still-worried/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok I formatted my HD in order to remove a partition as well as "clean" it up again. I have a 15gb HD and I had 5g partition and when I deleted the partition, I notice now that my HD is full again because I only have 5g now. Is there anyway to get the rest of my 10g back? Was there something that I should have done during setup that I didn't do when I deleted the partition?

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi Guy`s& Doll`s
I am trying to upgrade my vista x64.But I get to this screen and do not Know what to write.I can not do up dates of more than 10 megs because I am on dial up.Even that will tie up my phone line for more than 3 hrs.This program refues to give me control.

A:lost in space

Please explain what you are trying to do and what you are doing to get that box. You said that you are trying to upgrade your vista. Do you mean upgrade to vista? If so to what version and from what version? Are you trying to upgrade to 7 from Vista? Also please explain what dial up has to do with it.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/300560-lost-space.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Capture.PNG 174336

Sony laptop, Win 7 HPrem, 32bit, 250GB

I have 194GB free of 223GB avail. Yesterday the computer showed 200GB free space, today back to 194GB ?

Please review above and tell me where I am losing space. I have not added nor deleted any programs / files

Thanks

A:HDD Lost Space

Welcome
This article will help for both Vista and Seven.
It is most likely system restore points taking up space.
You can download and use windirstat to see what is taking the space on the hard drive
Hard Disk Space - Free Up and Recover
http://windirstat.info/

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/185399-hdd-lost-space.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I just picked up Star Trek quot Elite Force by Activision I downloaded everything and followed the instructions using both CD s I followed your or the forums thread and downloaded and when l started the game Space mean and it! l in Lost this is what l saw Elite Force II win-x May ----- FS Startup ----- Current search path C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C Lost in Space and l mean it! PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C Lost in Space and l mean it! PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C Lost in Space and l mean it! PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base pak pk files C PROGRA ACTIVI EF base locpak pk files d Setup Data ef exe base ---------------------- execing global default cfg execing global game cfg Config alan-king cfg couldn t exec global menu cfg couldn t exec alan-king cfg couldn t exec global localized cfg couldn t exec global autoexec cfg ------- Input Initialization ------- Initializing DirectInput Couldn t set DI coop level Falling back to Win mouse support Joystick is not active ------------------------------------ Loading global strings ----- Client Initialization ----- CPU Pentium Frequency Mhz Physical Memory mb execing global fast cfg execing global memoryhigh cfg ----- Initializing Renderer ---- ----- R Init ----- Initializing OpenGL subsystem initializing QGL calling LoadLibrary C WINDOWS system opengl dll succeeded setting mode FS using colorsbits of calling CDS ok registered window class created email protected x Initializing OpenGL driver getting DC succeeded GLW ChoosePFD PFDs found GLW ChoosePFD failed GLW ChoosePFD PFDs found GLW ChoosePFD failed failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT restoring display settings WARNING could not set the given mode setting mode FS using colorsbits of calling CDS ok created email protected x Initializing OpenGL driver getting DC succeeded GLW ChoosePFD PFDs found GLW ChoosePFD failed failed to find an appropriate PIXELFORMAT restoring display settings WARNING could not set the given mode shutting down QGL unloading OpenGL DLL assuming dfxvgl is a standalone driver initializing QGL WARNING missing Glide installation assuming no Dfx available shutting down QGL ----- CL Shutdown ----- ----------------------- GLW StartOpenGL - could not load OpenGL subsystem Keep in mind that l m new to computers Thanks I have a Dell pc dimension with XP I do not know how to access what computers has as far as speed storage and so on nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Yesterday morning I was about to delete the bulk files from my Yahoo email account I saw a couple of emails from quot CNN personal updates quot or somthing like that Since I was not sure that I had actually subscribed I wanted to unsubscribe to lessen the Lost (almost) Space In bulk spam When I opened Lost In Space (almost) the email there was a link for a quot kidnapped lotto winner in Massachusettes I think quot The link Lost In Space (almost) said I needed to update my Adobe flashplayer so I went to Adobe and downloaded the newest player The video never opened after several tries but by then I was infected with Antivirus XP Blue desktop no desktop screensaver tabs etc It also corrupted some of my Yahoo browser so I tried reinstalling twice then uninstalling Yahoo entirely and switched to IE to download various scanners I have since fixed most of the problems but two remain I no longer have access to Internet options via IE Lost In Space (almost) and Spybot continues to find the same several problems on every scan In my reasearch the IE problem seemed to be related to the Spybot since I am the administrator that the error message keeps saying to contact except that it started before I downloaded Spybot so I doubt it is the cause I had downloaded IE in an effort to remove the Internet Options restrictions but they are still restricted When I reloaded Yahoo it asked me if I wanted to set it as the default browser and since I thought it was only going to apply to Yahoo I selected that option I have not tried to uninstall Yahoo again to see if it would fix the IE restrictions I have also looked at the HKEY files but there is no quot Internet Explorer quot file where the online peeps say it should be so no or to change I forgot to add that all of this also somehow deleted all of my system restore points which was one of the first fixes I tried I figure when everything is fixed I will set a restore point then in case it happens again I had allowed maximum disk space for the restore utility but the only current restore point I can access is after the problems started I have listed below in no particular order the things I have done to try to fix this mess My previously installed Norton Online and Windows Defender did not find any problems Downloaded a quot kelly-something registry tweak fixed the missing desktop screensaver tabs Downloaded AdAware Lavasoft found and fixed some of the junk Downloaded MS Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool scanned but I am not sure if it found fixed anything Downloaded Spybot continues to find the same several problems as listed below Zango ShoppingReport SBI DEDC F IE toolbar Registry value nothing done HKEY USERS S- - - - - - - Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar WebBrowser B B -DF B- AC-BBE -BCC A B B Smitfraud-C gp SBI E EF Settings Registry value nothing done HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad hjoqorSmitfraud-C gp SBI A Settings Registry value nothing done HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad xcvwerRight Media Tracking cookie Internet Explorer Forrest Cookie nothing done I found each of these results in the registry but have done nothing to them for fear of creating more problems however whenever Spybot asks my permission for important registry changes I have been allowing the change since they were each listed as quot Spybot deletes quot that I assumed were the attempted Spybot fixes for the junk above Downloaded Trend Micro Hijackthis v created notepad log file of scan but did not check or remove anything All of it looks legitimate considering all of the above stuff I have downloaded since yesterday Below is the log from that program I realize this post is akin to quot War and Peace quot but maybe you guys will see something and say quot aha It has taken me over an hour to write this post while doing scans etc The reason I wanted IE Internet Options was to set the homepage to ... Read more

A:Lost In Space (almost)

Hello, fgross120. to BleepingComputer.comMy name is Billy O'Neal and I will be helping you. (Billy or Bill is fine, if you like.)Please give me some time to look over your computer's log(s).Please take note of the following:In the meantime, please refrain from making any changes to your computer.Also, even if things appear to be running better, there is no guarantee that everything is finished. Please continue to check this forum post in order to ensure we get your system completely clean. We do not want to clean you part-way up, only to have the system re-infect itself. If you do not understand any step(s) provided, please do not hesitate to ask before continuing. I would much rather clarify instructions or explain them differently than have something important broken.Finally, please reply using the button in the lower left hand corner of your screen.We need to run OTScanItBefore running a new scan let's clean out the temporary folders. Download ATF Cleaner to your Desktop.Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Click Select All found at the bottom of the list.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox browser, do this also:Click Firefox at the top and choose Select All from the list.Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.If you use Opera browser, do this also:Click Opera at the top and choose Select All from the list.Close ALL Internet browsers (very important).Click the Empty Selected button.NOTE : If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.Now download OTScanIt.exe to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt on your desktop.Note: You must be logged on to the system with an account that has Administrator privileges to run this program.Close ALL OTHER PROGRAMS.Open the OTScanIt folder and double-click on OTScanIt.exe to start the program (if you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator).In the Drivers section click on Non-Microsoft.In the Rootkit Search area select YesUnder Additional Scans click the checkboxes in front of the following items to select them:Reg - BotCheck
Reg - Disabled MS Config Items
Reg - File Associations
Reg - Uninstall List
File - Additional Folder Scans
Do not change any other settings.Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.Let it run unhindered until it finishes.When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.Save the file to your desktop or other location where you can find it back.Use the Add Reply button and attach the file in your next post.Billy3

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/162914/lost-in-space-almost/
Relevancy 48.16%

A couple of days ago I got a Gb hard drive to go with my Gb The was working perfectly and I Lost 'n Space had previously Lost 'n Space installed another drive with it with no problem so it seemed quite simple to just install this new one AS it was a new drive I had to format it which I thought I did Unfortunately I messed up really BIG because I formatted the Gb which wiped out what was on it which was about - Gb That was annoying enough but checking in the Device Manager and through my Computer etc I now find that I ve only got Gb total on each drive So together that makes about Gb so my question is any ideas where the missing Gb has got to Lost 'n Space I m wondering if when I get up to the limit of Gb on any of the drives will the drive be FULL or will I be able to continue till the actual amount is reached Surely Gb can t go missing just like that can it as I accidentally formatted the Lost 'n Space wrong drive then I would have thought that the drive would revert back to it s original setting of Gb and certainly not GB Is there any Hope My system is Ghz Win XP Mb Ram Western Digital Caviar Gb and Gb HDs IE Microsoft Office nbsp

Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,

I'm having a little problem with my SSD. It's a Corsair Force 3 120GB. With the starting loss of 9GB it's a 111GB SSD. When I click computer from the start menu to view the available disk space it says 44GB. This dropped from 58GB to 44GB today without me installing/changing anything. Also, if I go into the SSD, and make sure view all hidden files and folders is on, if I add up all the space used it is 58GB, 111-58=53 so surely I should have 53GB left?

Anybody know what/where this mystery data is?

A:Space lost from my SSD

Do you have Hibernate disabled?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/233917-space-lost-my-ssd.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Help I have tried everything I think and my computer is still slow I ran Adaware and plugin VX Cleaner Spybot Spyware Doctor AVG Norton Anti-virus Comcast Spyware catcher and Registry Mechanic and my computer is still running slow When I run Comcast Spyware Catcher it always pulls up ISTbar and I remove it but it's still there Here is a Lost in Space copy of my HJT log not sure Lost in Space if this will fix it but would love the help I use to run with only processes when I ran Adaware but now I Lost in Space run with around so I know something is bogging me down I'm just to ignorrant to figure it out Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Lost in Space Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c program files comcast security manager app PRISM EXE C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe c program files comcast security manager app CurtainsSysSvcNt exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe C WINDOWS system odbcui exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor spydoctor exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgcc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Free avgemc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader AcroRd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Kasey Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net comcast html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page F - REG system ini UserInit c program files comcast security manager app SecurityManager exe O - BHO no name - - F B - A - B E- F-A D A D A - no file O - BHO no name - SOFTWARE - no file O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - E D C -A - - - C - C Program Files Comcast Security Manager app AuthBHO dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Security Manager Popup Blocker - F - B - DB -B E- A F - C Program Files Comcast Security Manager app AuthBHO dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run PrinTray C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X printray exe O - HKLM Run lxamsp exe lxamsp exe O - HKLM Run Security Manager C Program Files Comcast Security Manager app SecurityManager exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe O - HKCU Run HAumRgK W odbcui exe O - HKCU Run Spyware Doctor quot C Program Files Spyware Doctor spydoctor exe quot Q O - Global Startup AcBtnMgr X exe lnk C Program Files LexmarkX AcBtnMgr X exe O - Global Startup ACMonitor X exe lnk C Program Files LexmarkX ACMonitor X exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions present O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel present O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Extra button Messenge... Read more

A:Lost in Space

You have an outdated version of HijackThis. Click here to get the latest version of HijackThis.

Please print out or copy this page to Notepad. Make sure to work through the fixes in the exact order it is mentioned below. If there's anything that you don't understand, ask your question(s) before proceeding with the fixes. You should not have any open browsers when you are following the procedures below.

Go to My Computer->Tools/View->Folder Options->View tab and make sure that 'Show hidden files and folders' (or 'Show all files') is enabled. Also make sure that Display the contents of System Folders' is checked. Windows XP's search feature is a little different. When you click on 'All files and folders' on the left pane, click on the 'More advanced options' at the bottom. Make sure that Search system folders, Search hidden files and folders, and Search subfolders are checked.

For the options that you checked/enabled earlier, you may uncheck them after your log is clean. If we ask you to fix a program that you use or want to keep, please post back saying that (we don't know every program that exists, so we may tell you to delete a program that we think is bad to keep).

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer. After we are finished with your log file and verified that it's clean, you may turn it back on and create a new restore point.

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Go into HijackThis->Config->Misc. Tools->Open process manager. Select the following and click Kill process for each one if they are still listed (they shouldn't be - but double check it):

C:\WINDOWS\system32\odbcui.exe

Run a scan in HijackThis. Check each of the following and hit 'Fix checked' (after checking them) if they still exist (make sure not to miss any):

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: (no name) - -{F08B8295-61A2-9B2E-891F-A9D9A309D47A} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - SOFTWARE - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [lxamsp32.exe] lxamsp32.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [HAumRgK7W] odbcui.exe

Delete the following Files/Folders (delete folders if no filename is specified) according to their directory (if none, just do a search for them) and delete them if they exist:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\odbcui.exe
lxamsp32.exe

Reboot into Normal Mode and post a new HijackThis log file so we can make sure it's clean.

To help prevent future spyware installations/infections, please read the Anti-Spyware Section and use the tools provided.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/lost-in-space-28435.html
Relevancy 48.16%

how do I get rid of those annoying words that pop up everytime i type say "b" and my last search was about ex."buttercups" and i type "bu" and all of a sudden the word buttercups will pop up. but I was not going to type that word but a whole list of things I typed before pops up in my window, or when filling out a form it pulls a list when I go to type, how do I turn this feature off??? i mean ok!!

A:Lost in space

Turn off AutoComplete in IE:
Tools> Internet Options> Content tab> click AutoComplete button.
Click Clear Forms> Clear Passwords> uncheck Use AutoComplete for
then OK your way out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-in-space.594608/
Relevancy 48.16%

Recently I wiped my hard drive out and reinstalled my Windows XP. I'm not sure why, but right after this I checked my disk defragmenter and saw that I was at 62% free space on my drive. How'd that happen, and can I do something to improve it? The only thing on my machine at that time was the OS. A year ago I had nearly 80% free, and that was with a number of files, apps, and a few other software programs. This just doesn't seem right. I really regret having done this.

Relevancy 48.16%

I was doing a routine scan with eTrust PestPatrol, when it detected a few items including a large folder. I accidentally quarantined the folder too, but after taking some time to quarantine it never did. I went under my c drive and found the folder will all its content still there. The only problem now is that I've lost about 100 mb. Was my folder too large to quarantine? and where did that 100 mb go to? Thanks!

A:lost hd space

It may have compressed the file in quarantine, if you remove that file from quarantine you may get the 100MB back

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-hd-space.555933/
Relevancy 48.16%

Just got a new Dell laptop with a 250 gig HD. After all installations of old programs, pictures, and music, the "Properties" claim that I've used 113 gigs on the "C:" drive, and approx 10 gigs on the "D:" drive. However, when I go to break it down by adding everything listed on the C drive, it only comes up to 76 gigs! Where's the other 37 GIGS?!? That's more than ALL my music files!!!
Any guesses would be appreciated!

A:LOST (in) SPACE???

Hidden files, System Restore, MFT, and different methods of measuring space.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-in-space.746331/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys,

My C drive has a capacity of 35gb, and tells me that 30gb is in use. However, I can find no more than 10.6gb of data on the drive! If I open the C drive, press ctrlA, and then click properties, the total size is 10.6gb. Hidden files are unhidden. I can't imagine why it thinks that I've used 20gb more than I have, any ideas?

Jim

A:Lost space

Download EasyCleaner:

http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ecleane.htm

And use the space usage feature to tell us how much that says you have...
Sorry i'm not on XP so this may be innacurate but i think (i'm not sure) but when you select folders the folders(or contents of them) are not added to the filesize estimate... If it's full of folders then i'm wrong but if it's full of other files then that may be where the filesize estimate is coming from...

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-space-250024.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Solved: I used the windows computer management in win xp. Bingo,I have my 40 gb of space back.I see that nobody offered any advice on this problem. It must have been a real tuffy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/re-lost-hd-space.632778/
Relevancy 48.16%

I transplanted this mobo into a new case and now I do not get the standard post beeps durring boot up. The pc works fine I just don't hear a post beep. The board appears to have a built in buzzer as pictured.

Any thoughts on how to go about getting it to beep again would be appreciated.

Relevancy 48.16%

I run adaware spybot norton a-v and have downloaded and used spysweeper No dice Any advice Thanks very much -- this has affected my professional and family computer usage dramatically leehamsterLogfile of HijackThis v lost post log days help, already! -- HJT Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost HJT log post -- help, days lost already! exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System nvsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS system fxssvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system jipdegtwub exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC HJT log post -- help, days lost already! Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exeC WINDOWS system devldr exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC PROGRA HEWLET PHOTOS HPSHAR hpgs wnf exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC DOCUME default LOCALS Temp Temporary Directory for hijackthis zip HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar HJT log post -- help, days lost already! http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www nytimes com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www comcast netR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http websearch drsnsrch com sidesearch cgi id R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default websearch drsnsrch com q cgi q R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C WINDOWS SYSTEM blank htmR - Default URLSearchHook is missingO - BHO MSW cIExplorer - B B A-B - EB - CFB- B F D - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Data msw MSW dllO - Toolbar no name - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - no file O - HKLM Run juhako c windows system juhako exeO - HKLM Run antiware C windows system elitejky exeO - HKCU Run SpySweeper quot C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe quot O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Global Startup Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders lnk O - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Restrictions presentO - HKCU Software Policies Microsoft Internet Explorer Control Panel presentO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch htmlO - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks htmlO - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache htmlO - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar htmlO - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans htmlO - DPF - ED- CF-A - AF EA VivoActive Control - http www vivo com dldv vvweb cabO - DPF D DB D - EC - A -BD - E E BB - http ak imgfarm com images nocache funwe up - cabO - DPF A A - DA - DAF-B - F E E ActiveScan Installer Class - http www pandasoftware com activescan as asinst cabO - DPF F E - EED- D - B - C F DBB WebTransferCtrl Class - http insideleboeuf llgm com worksite bin iManFile cabO - Service N... Read more

A:HJT log post -- help, days lost already!

Hello Lee, Welcome to BleepingComputer. If you still need some help, I would like you to follow these instructions.1) I wish to check for any hidden CWSearch infections. Download, save to the desktop, update and FIX not scan. Allow the CWShredder to run until finished. Let me know it it finds anything.http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Popu...WShredder.shtml2) Please read the instructions in this Symantec link, download and run the Symantec Adware.Websearch tool.http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.websearch.html3) Your HJT.exe is running from a temporary zip file. We need it in a permanent folder to save backups for safety and logs. I suggest opening your C:\ then right click on a blank spot and make a NEW FOLDER. Call it HJT, then move the HJT.exe into that folder. Delete any instance of HJT like the zip that is not in that folder. If you need more information this link will help: http://russelltexas.com/malware/faqhijackthis.htm4) This is a random named trojan that is running on your computer: C:\WINDOWS\system\jipdegtwub.exe. Open your task manager and under the Processes Tab, end process on this item.5) Files we have to remove may be hidden by these malware writers. Use the instructions in the follow link to enable hidden files:http://www.xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-1916458,00.html6) SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: This item in running on your computer: O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [juhako] c:\windows\system32\juhako.exe. There is little information and I believe it is bad and will remove it UNLESS you specifically know what it is. If so, pass over the item in the removal instructions and let me know what this item is. You are running SpySweeper and it may try to stop the Fix with HJT. You will need to turn it off until you have finished the fix. You also have two restrictions set that appear as 06 items in the log. I will schedule them for removal. If you set the restrictions and wish them to remain, pass over those lines.7) Some of the items I am going to list may have been removed by the tools earlier. If you do not see something, continue through the instructions, just do not miss anything.8) Scan with HijackThis and check the box in front of these items:R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://websearch.drsnsrch.com/sidesearch.cgi?id=R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://websearch.drsnsrch.com/sidesearch.cgi?id=R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://websearch.drsnsrch.com/sidesearch.cgi?id=R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://websearch.drsnsrch.com/sidesearch.cgi?id=R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch = http://websearch.drsnsrch.com/sidesearch.cgi?id=R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = websearch.drsnsrch.com/q.cgi?q=R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\blank.htmR3 - Default URLSearchHook is missingO2 - BHO: MSW.cIExplorer - {4B57B77A-B130-4EB8-8CFB-42B880F6D311} - C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\msw\MSW.dllO3 - Toolbar: (no name) - {014DA6C9-189F-421a-88CD-07CFE51CFF10} - (no file)O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [juhako] c:\windows\system32\juhako.exeO4 - HKLM\..\Run: [antiware] C:\windows\system32\elitejky32.exeTroj/Dloader-HWO6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Restrictions presentO6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel presentO16 - DPF: {1D4DB7D2-6EC9-47A3-BD87-1E41684E07BB} - http://ak.imgfarm.com/images/nocache/funwe...up1.0.0.8-2.cab-FunWebProductsClose all programs but HJT and all browser... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/12382/hjt-log-post-help-days-lost-already/
Relevancy 48.16%

Eddie I ve been out of town and came back to work on the last scans you asked me to do I ran AdAware and I needed to let the machine reboot It did and when I logged back in to Tech Support Guy it said that my post had been removed NOW WHAT Do you have access to the last post you sent me I m just HELP!!! I've post. your lost EDDIE!!! sick I ran EDDIE!!! I've lost your post. HELP!!! AdAware and let it clean Here is the report AdwCleaner v - Report created at Updated by Xplode EDDIE!!! I've lost your post. HELP!!! Operating System Windows Professional Service Pack bits Username Deni - NEWFAMCOMP Running from C Users Deni Desktop AdwCleaner exe Option Clean Services Service Deleted APNMCP Files Folders Folder Deleted C ProgramData apn Folder Deleted C ProgramData AskPartnerNetwork Folder Deleted C ProgramData Windows Genuine Advantage Folder Deleted C Program Files AskPartnerNetwork Folder Deleted C Users Deni AppData Local AskPartnerNetwork Folder Deleted C Users Deni AppData Local Temp apn Scheduled Tasks Shortcuts Registry Value Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Run ApnTbMon Key Deleted HKCU Software APN PIP Key Deleted HKCU Software AskPartnerNetwork Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE AskPartnerNetwork Key Deleted HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Uninstall Coupon Printer for Windows Browsers - Internet Explorer v - Mozilla Firefox v x en-US File C Users Deni AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles f f v default- prefs js - Google Chrome v File C Users Deni AppData Local Google Chrome User Data Default preferences Deleted Search Provider hxxp search aol com aol search q searchTerms Deleted Search Provider hxxp www ask com web q searchTerms AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner R txt - octets - AdwCleaner S txt - octets - AdwCleaner S txt - octets - AdwCleaner S txt - octets - AdwCleaner S txt - octets - EOF - C AdwCleaner AdwCleaner S txt - octets nbsp

A:EDDIE!!! I've lost your post. HELP!!!

I see you found your original thread here: http://forums.techguy.org/virus-other-malware-removal/1131599-i-think-i-have-virus.html

So I'm gonna close this duplicate - that way Eddie won't miss your response!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/eddie-ive-lost-your-post-help.1133386/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have a Win XP Pro SP1 install on a Maxtor drive with three partitions. FAT32 was the C-drive, and two NTFS.

The two NTFS drives are fine. I have no problems with them at all. The FAT32 partition (the one Windows is/was on) just lost its format. When I put my genuine Windows XP Professional CD in and boot from it then select [ENTER] to start a new install, I see C: Partition1 [Unknown] 79792 MB
Partition2 (DSK2_VOL2) [NTFS]
Partition3 (DSK2_VOL3) [NTFS]

I cannot boot to Windows. Out of the 13+ years of computer experience I have, I have never saw this happen where a single partition has just... Disappeared. I was not even touching any drive tools.

Any help would be appreciated. The drive remains as it was until I find answers.

Relevancy 48.16%

Used 'save as' command' in Windows Microsoft Works Word.
Document of 200+ pages was reformatted to what seems like 'clipboard,' which makes it all but unreadable since there is no paragraphs format, poor word spacing and in a different font.

I changed the name of the newly saved document. The original document has been reformatted. How can I retrieve the document in the form that I typed it in?

A:Lost format

If you used saveas the original should still be there with a .doc exptension. To be honest though I have not used ms works for a long time... so I don't guarantee this!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-format.651843/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I am using a Dell Studio oddities problems: post-battery space and replacement drive Two hard laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium I currently have two problems First the amount of free space available in my hard drive has been varying wildly lately note the Two problems: hard drive space and oddities post-battery replacement total amount is static its the free space that s acting oddly Shortly after I removed some programs namely Steam games I had GB free Over the course of two weeks that number rose to GB This may have been caused by defragmentation and excess data purging that my computer does as a matter of course but recently it dropped to GB This is not too much of a problem in and of itself since I also own a large external hard drive whose amount of free space has remained constant but I have performed Two problems: hard drive space and oddities post-battery replacement no installations nor have a downloaded any data in any sort of quantity that could possibly justify such Two problems: hard drive space and oddities post-battery replacement a large drop I am somewhat worried at this point that someone might have hijacked my computer and I am looking for a way that can help me monitor what s being written deleted from my hard drive Does anyone know of such a program or other method I can use to figure out what s happening My second problem is actually a pair of problems that cropped up since I changed my battery For one my computer refuses to go to sleep any long instead going into a shut down the moment I activate the quot sleep quot command be it by external button or start menu button Shut Down Restart and Hibernate still work normally it is just Sleep that is causing problems The other problem is that sometimes when I shut down or hibernate my computer it will go through the normal shut down hibernate methods However instead of shutting down hibernating the screen will go black and it will loudly chirp a couple of times The screen will remain black but the computer will not actually go off -- the power light remains on and the fan continues whirring The only way I have found to get it to work properly is a hard shut down by pressing and holding the power button for seconds When I turn it back on it tells me that quot The memory has changed quot and gives me options to continue or go to a menu Problem is I have no idea what s causing this much less how to fix it so the menu is useless to me Any help with these problems would be appreciated Thank you -- tq nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/two-problems-hard-drive-space-and-oddities-post-battery-replacement.985707/
Relevancy 48.16%

First, for no reason, and I'm not creating anything, my disk space keeps getting full. It drops down and down and it's at 4gb left now. If it gets full, I fear the worst. Does running programs of any kind use disk space?

It seems my computer is falling apart, very very slowly...

A:Two issues in one post: Space getting full for no reason and hidden code in registry.

Disk space problem:

1. Run this program ( WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics ). It will tell you exactly what's on your disk. But that is not the whole story.

2. Open an elevated Command Prompt and run this command: vssadmin list shadowstorage - that will tell you how much space is taken by the restore points (which are not shown in Windirstat). The numbers to look for are Allocated which is the current space consumption and Maximum which is the ultimate space the shadows will claim.

If you want to reduce the shadowstorage, use this command:

vssadmin resize shadowstorage /for=C: /on=C: /Maxsize=10GB

That would set it to 10GBs. But if you like a different size, change the 10. A restore point (shadow) is between 512MB to 1GB in size.

Note: when you resize the shadowstorage, you loose your current restore points. But that is not too dramatic. You can create one immediately or tomorrow you will get a new one anyhow.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/289662-two-issues-one-post-space-getting-full-no-reason-hidden-code-registry.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I was unpacking a big RAR file but my PC crashed when it was just about to be completed. When I restarted my PC around 4GB of hard disk space went missing. Tried R-Wipe&Clean to get it back but it didn't, done Defrag but it made no difference and the same goes for scan disk.

Anyone got any ideas how to get it back?

Thanks.

A:Lost free space

So you are saying that your system crashed and you *gained* 4 GB of data? Are you sure about this? How big was the RAR file?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-free-space-72681.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a 120Gb Vertex III SSD disk on which I had 56 Gb free space space left untill the beginning of this week.
Now, suddenly I seem to have lost 6 Gb. of space, without having installed any new programs.
I can't make use of system recovery as on advice this item has been switched off from the beginning.
What could be the matter and what can I do to recover the lost space?
Are there any programs that would be advisable to transfer to my WD harddisk?

A:lost space on my ssd disk

Hello pmk, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might check through the items in the tutorial below to see if it may help ID where the HDD space is being used at. In particular, using OPTION ONE with the WinDirStat program may help the most.

Hard Disk Space - Free Up and Recover

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/264123-lost-space-my-ssd-disk.html
Relevancy 47.73%

can any one help me out here , i have a western digital hd
caviar 2340 i want to install wim98se on it , i have the win98se cd . but i don know how to set up the hard drive (fdisk) format it
can any one give me step by step instructions on this install procedure , i do have cd rom support if that makes any diffrence..... thanks this is my first time installing a hd , if you dont post here , please e-mail me at [email protected]

A:lost in space & fustrated)

You can try booting off the installation CD - if you can boot you will be prompted to select the partition to install. If you cannot boot then follow these instructions:

1. Boot the computer with a windows 98 boot floppy. At the a:> prompt type
fdisk
press enter.
Select 'Y' for large hard drive support

You are going to create a PRIMARY DOS PARTITION - i think it's option 1.
Depending on how many partitions you want answer Y to use the entire disk for the new partition or 'n' to select the size of your new partition. Follow the instructions to complete creating your partition.

Once you are done creating the primary partition you will be prompted to restart the computer.

Restart and boot off the floppy disk 'with cd-rom support'

at the a:> prompt type
format c:
when the format completes you are ready to install windows 98.
Insert the disk in the cd-rom and type
setup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-in-space-fustrated.166845/
Relevancy 47.73%

So I use to have ~60gb FREE space on my SSD but then I was experiencing some problems with opening some metro apps so I ran the windows (all in one) fix-it program and luckily enough it did repair my problem although afterward I was only left with ~45gb free space on my 100gb SSD, which is quite strange as I cant find where on earth all this extra data came from and if it is nessercery.

Im not sure if this has anything to do with my problem but their are these partions on my C drive which have no name, which could be causing problems related to availible space?

Attachment 55358

I will provide more information as needed, thanks.

Edit: I have ran the windows disk cleaner to clean both normal and system files plus I run ccleaner on a regular bases.

A:SSD lost space unexpectedly

Try running this TreeSize Free - Quickly Scan Directory Sizes and Find Space Hogs and post a picture - it will tell you what is taking the space.

It is not the partitions - it is you C:\ drive - the others are small and are required for booting and recovery so don't worry about them.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58624-ssd-lost-space-unexpectedly.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello,

I left me computer lid open and while away the cat sat on it and got it closed
when I left I had about 50Gb free on the hard drive
when I came back i had less the 6
and I am not sure where is it - is there a way to find out

the disk space is 285 of it
windows say 34.6 Gb
programs files say 6.3
my folders are 82Gb

the hiberfil is 2.9 (which dont explain it)
the pagefile say 3.9

since then I cclean it and move some folder out which now i have 21 free but still alot is missing

where can I look?

Thanks

A:Lost memory Space

I use a program called Tree Size Free to determine what is stored on my hard drives. Run it as administrator.

https://www.jam-software.de/customer...bq0mhsie9ik536

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/336898-lost-memory-space.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi there I have a problem with my system It seems to be delting Disk Lost Space my disk space Lost Disk Space Today I have lost mbs for disk space I have not downloaded anything below is my hijackthis log I thought I might a virus which is causing this to happen I would appreciate if someone could take a look Many thanks Runner ogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema Kernel TV CLCapSvc exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client ntrtscan exe C Program Files Cyberlink Shared files RichVideo exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmlisten exe C WINDOWS system UStorSrv exe C Program Files TightVNC WinVNC exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema Kernel TV CLSched exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client TmPfw exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client CNTAoSMgr exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client tmproxy exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMTray exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Trend Micro OfficeScan Client pccntmon exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes ituneshelper exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema PCMService exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files SanDisk SanDisk TransferMate SD Monitor exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE outlook exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE WINWORD EXE C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Cyberlink PowerCinema powercinema exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Documents and Settings mark My Documents HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http smh com au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http go compaq com Q CDT bl asp R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - no file O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll file missing O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Comm... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-disk-space.773756/
Relevancy 47.73%

A few days ago I had about - GB of free space on my hard drive C Today I only have GB of free space The only thing Lost a days of in space 10 few GB HD I remember doing was installing a few programs because one of my programs stopped working suddenly so I needed an alternative program The alternatives didn't work either so I uninstalled them But now I still am Lost 10 GB of HD space in a few days left with about GB of lost space that I don't know what happened to I feel like I don't have lots of programs installed onto my computer or any large files and the ones I do have are not big So I feel like I should have more free space available and I feel like something bad or unnecessary is taking up space on my computer So I'm hoping someone here can help me free up some space or find what could be taking up this space on my computer I ran a Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan and it found nothing I also ran CCleaner and it didn't free up much space I have Windows Home Premium My computer is a ASUS Notebook K F K F Series laptop below is my FRST txt log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by Derek administrator on DEREK-PC on - - Running from C Users Derek DesktopLoaded Profiles Derek Available profiles Derek amp every else amp fbwuser Platform Windows Home Premium Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode NormalTutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved tzuk C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe ASUSTeK Computer Inc C Windows System FBAgent exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey AsLdrSrv exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Coupons com Inc C Program Files x Coupons CouponPrinterService exe Cucusoft Inc C Program Files Cucusoft AutoUpdate AutoUpdateSrvc exe Cucusoft Inc C Program Files Cucusoft NetGuard BandwidthGuardSrvc sys Cucusoft Inc C Program Files Cucusoft NetGuard BandwidthGuardSrvc sys Cucusoft Inc C Program Files Cucusoft NetGuard SysMsgProxySrvc sys C Windows System dleacoms exe ESET C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus x ekrn exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey HControl exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS SmartLogon sensorsrv exe ATK C Program Files P G BatteryLife exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Live Update ALU exe ATK C Program Files x ASUS Splendid ACMON exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center ipoint exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATKOSD ATKOSD exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center itype exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ASUS CopyProtect ASPG exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe ELAN Microelectronic Corp C Program Files Elantech ETDCtrl exe C Program Files x ASUS ASUS WebStorage SERVICE AsusWSService exe ASUSTeK C Windows SysWOW ACEngSvr exe ASUS C Program Files x ASUS ATK Package ATK Hotkey WDC exe ESET C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMTray exe ASUS C Windows AsScrPro exe CyberLink C Program Files x CyberLink Power Go CLMLSvc exe SRS Labs Inc C Program Files SRS Labs SRS Premium Sound Control Panel SRSPremiumPanel exe Yahoo Inc C Program Files x Yahoo Widgets YahooWidgets exe ASUSTek Computer Inc C Program Files x ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMSrv exe Boingo Wireless Inc C Program Files x Boingo Boingo Wi-Fi Boingo Wi-Fi exe ASUS C ... Read more

A:Lost 10 GB of HD space in a few days

Greetings Antonio724 and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. Please consider and run the below for me.===================================================P2P Warning--------------------Going over your logs I noticed that you have µTorrent installed. It is pretty much certain that if you continue to use P2P programs, you will get infected again.Avoid gaming sites, pirated software, cracking tools, keygens, and peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing programs.They are a security risk which can make your computer susceptible to a smörgåsbord of malware infections, remote attacks, exposure of personal information, and identity theft. Many malicious worms and Trojans spread across P2P file sharing networks, gaming and underground sites.Users visiting such pages may see innocuous-looking banner ads containing code which can trigger pop-up ads and malicious Flash ads that install viruses, Trojans and spyware. Ads are a target for hackers because they offer a stealthy way to distribute malware to a wide range of Internet users.The best way to reduce the risk of infection is to avoid these types of web sites and not use any P2P applications.I would recommend that you uninstall µTorrent, however that choice is up to you. If you choose to remove the program, you can do so via Start... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565578/lost-10-gb-of-hd-space-in-a-few-days/
Relevancy 47.73%

I received my new HP laptop last Thursday and I wanted to partition the GB HDD into three partitions for use as follows after Lost Shrinking space HDD Windows GB My Documents GB My Media GB Having previously always built my own PCs and therefore partitioned the HDDs before installing Windows I have never had to partition through Windows before so researched how to do it Microsoft recommended Shrinking the HDD and then creating the partitions in the unallocated space I did this but the largest amount I was offered to shrink the drive by was half the size of the C drive I chose to do this but nothing seemed to happen I decided to continue installing some software then restarted the PC before returning to Disk Management and trying again This time it kept telling me that there was GB available shrinkage which was when I noticed that the drive was listed as being only GB in size in the Volume List but given as GB in Graphical Lost HDD space after Shrinking View No extra unallocated drive space was shown In Windows Explorer my C drive is listed as being GB I have since tried using a number of software utilities to help solve this problem but none have been able to shed any light on what is going on Can anyone help me get back my missing drive space and then help to partition it in the way that Lost HDD space after Shrinking I want Laptop specs are given below Model HP ProBook G Processor AMD A - M APU with Radeon HD Graphics GHz Installed Memory GB GB Usable System Type -Bit Lost HDD space after Shrinking Operating System Windows Edition Windows Professional Thanks for looking I hope someone is able to help nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

i'm running windows xp and i made 3 cd of stuff and then deleted the files from hard drive then i emptied the recycle bin but now i have same free space as before i deteted them and can't find files either any ideas?

A:lost of free space

I am pretty new to XP myself but I have noticed that there is a backup program running that backups everything you do, sort of like "GoBack" does. You can turn this feature off but I haven't found how exactly as of yet. This might be where your hard drive space is going.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-of-free-space.65746/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys,

Ok I have an external 300gb drive partitioned into pieces of 99.36gb. Now my problem is not about the loss of space over the 3 parts added together - i understand that bit.

My problem is that one of the partitions is saying it has used 22.95 gb but it hasnt - there isnt anything on it. I've even checked for hidden files and other than the system volumn files there is nothing there.

Im really stumped

Hoping someone can throw some light on it for me

Cheers

A:Lost space on partition

Humm, a 300 GB hard drive has a real capacity of about 280 GB.
Anyway, did you format the 3 partitions?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/152119-lost-space-partition.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a Dell server with a 400GB HD. After installing Windows 2000 Server, Disk Management only reads 10GB of disk space for Partition C: and 120GB for Partition D:. Between drives C: and D: the total disk space is about 130GB. I lost almost 270GB of space. I installed Acronis Disk Director to see if I can recover that 270GB of missing space. Well Acronis only sees the same amount that Windows does.

Is there any other utility that I can use to regain that lost space.

Thanks for any help.

A:Lost Disk Space

TechnoBlast said:

I have a Dell server with a 400GB HD. After installing Windows 2000 Server, Disk Management only reads 10GB of disk space for Partition C: and 120GB for Partition D:. Between drives C: and D: the total disk space is about 130GB. I lost almost 270GB of space. I installed Acronis Disk Director to see if I can recover that 270GB of missing space. Well Acronis only sees the same amount that Windows does.

Is there any other utility that I can use to regain that lost space.

Thanks for any help.Click to expand...
Did you get a disk with the drive to enable large drive capability?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-disk-space.387464/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello everyone I ve been having some issues with my notebook computer that I tried fixing using System Restore I ran that three times today finally restoring my computer to yesterday s settings I am running Windows XP and a hard drive that had almost gb out of GB total HD capacity of space left today... I of space 10 GBs lost yesterday After the third time running system restore I was down to GB left What happened I checked my system restore settings and I have had it set up so that the restore points use up of the hard drive I have restore points going back to June I could delete some of these but I don t know if they would help me get all my GBs back I ve been running the Disk Cleanup utility it is compressing old files now but it has I lost 10 GBs of space today... been running for the past three hours almost and so far it has only upped my remaining HD space to I lost 10 GBs of space today... GB after it had been GB Click here to see the window I ve had for the past hour and a half The bar hasn t moved beyond those three little points At this rate itll take hours for the Disk Cleanup utility to finish unless of course it has frozen I think this is my first time running Disk Cleanup So to summarize why did I lose GB after running System Restore three times today And is Disk Cleanup supposed to take this long Much help would be greatly appreciated as this has been a frustrating situation nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I have 2000 on c and Xp pro on d drive, when i check the disk space from MY Computer details on drive D, it shows much lesser than it shows when i check the files in the drive.......i have allotted 20 Gb and have nothing more than just the operating system, no files and even the system restore is turned off. i do not want to format the drive too.

A:Lost Disk Space

Some actual figures would be helpful, as to the difference.

Also do not forget that the pagefile could use a lot but as a hidden file will not show up when checking the files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-disk-space.463714/
Relevancy 47.73%

I dunno what has happened but I have a windows xp. it came with 200 GB of space... It used to have all that.

over the last year or two I have reformated it back to orginal factory settings a few times.

I have apprently not paid much attention to the storage space... but.. i just recently restored it to orginal settings again today and i only have 130 gb available. with windows xp installed new. nothing else.

I have formatted the pc 3 times today and done it the NTFS thingy standard and it still says i only have 130 GB available after xp is loaded.

How do i get the 70 gb back?

please help me. ty very much in advance

A:70 gb of lost space... just dissappeared

Kind of weird all of a sudden you lost all of that space. By any chance do you have a spare HDD cable?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/70-gb-of-lost-space-just-dissappeared-331612.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have been trying to figure out what is wrong sometime space lost Disk ago I noticed that the readings from properties disk space reporter are not consistent I wil try to explain Please forgive my english for it is not my native lang My laptop has a gb hd with partitions Used space in dsk c according to properties is Gb and free space Disk Space reporter reads gb of used space So were did the gb of space went In Disk d sometimes has been up to gb of difference right Disk space lost now I reformatted When defraging dsk d I have read many A exe or dll files which cannot be Disk space lost located or seen by any other program but the defrag client When I detected this the first time I called my Disk space lost technician who advised to reformat which I did I have reformatted my D partition times due the reading of this files by defrag I have run several antivirus spyware maleware and everything comes clean no infections detected But it is very weird that my disk space starts to disappear for some invisible files Please advice Any help to understand or get rid of this problem will be highly appreciated I already posted in the thread Am I infected and after following instruction the person who helped concluded that it might not be a maleware problem

A:Disk space lost

a.exe is registered as the [email protected] worm which is transmitted via e-mail and attempts to install itself on your computer. This process is a security risk and should be removed from your system.Sometimes Malwarebytes can miss things. That's why we scan with multiple scanners. This is normally done in the HJT forum. Read the preparation guide:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/175341/disk-space-lost/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have a hard disk with 3 partitions. Recently I noticed that I was losing a lot of disk space (5-6G). The total disk space used by all folders was must less than the 'Used space' reported by the property of the drive. After I purged the Norton Protected Recycle Bin, I reclaimed the lost space of my D: and E: but not my C:. I have another notebook which had the same symptom. My drive D: has the lost space reclaimed but not the C:. Where were the space used?
Is there any utility out there which shows the disk space usage, all files and folders and these lost space as well?

A:Lost disk space

Try scanning your disk partitions and fix the errors if any.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-disk-space.19578/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello. I have a 8GB kingston and after having linux on it, I now only have 2 mb free. I formatted it but still only have 2 mb free. I went into Computer Management, but I cannot delete the 2mb partition, to gather together the unallocated space and format it.

Please see the screenshot. The delete partition is greyed out. Any options out there so I can regain my 8GB?

Thank you.

A:Lost USB space after linux.

Hi Read the Link below ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...nd.htmlhttp://

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357114-lost-usb-space-after-linux.html
Relevancy 47.73%

So I've deleted a file which was around 7gb off an NTFS 500gb USB drive and the remaining space is left unchanged (the file is NOT in the recycle bin on the drive either) so I've been robbed 7gb.
How to get it back? I remember XP used to do the same thing sometimes when deleting +4gb files.

A:Recovering lost space

Welcome
Boot the computer and then check.
If still missing download and run windirstat to see whats on the drive.
Defrag
Download and use auslogics defrag for this and future defrags. Most here think that it is better than the defrag that comes with Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/217982-recovering-lost-space.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have this same issue.

Laptop hardrive has 55 GB after formating.

Less than 25 GB in use for all files including hidden files. Also after clearing restore points etc etc. This also includes the paging file.

Vista reports I have 2.5 GB free. WHAT?!?!? That is 30 GB unaccounted for. How the heck? I mean serious, where the &#@$ did that space go?

A:Lost hd space after install

I put this in your own thread. When you have a problem, please start your own thread. With one issue per thread it is difficult at best to follow what has / has not been done; with two or more issues, it is impossible.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-hd-space-after-install.601536/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi folks..
I formatted my PC sometime back and have reinstalled Windows Vista SP1 with proper updates.
A week back i realised that my system has eaten around 15GB of my HDD space.
I did vssadmin, disk cleanup and even vsp1cln. But, unfortunately, I got back only 800 MB
Please help me to get out of this trouble !!

Thanks

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi again Tech Support Sorry I am asking another problem needed to be solved The problems i am facing is iexplorer gets non responsive at times and when shutting down windows it says iexplorer exe is not responding I thought i got infected by a virus and inspite pls Help Problems space lost hdd and Ie i have norton i did a panda scan While doing this process i Ie Problems and lost hdd space pls Help had to stop it in the middle but while scanning the harddisk kept saying low on space when i remembered i had - gb hdd space left and now it became gb weird where did the rest of the gb go Anyways i contd panda virus scan It came with this report Incident Status Location Adware adware azesearch No disinfected C myvbs vbs Adware adware ezula No disinfected C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files eZulaBoot dll Possible Virus No disinfected C Documents and Settings Dilip Paryani DILIP- ED C My Documents My Received Files A-Patch rar A-Patch exe Virus Exploit ByteVerify Disinfected C Documents and Settings Dilip Paryani DILIP- ED C Application Data Sun Java Deployment cache javapi v jar archive jar- ec - ebadbd zip Dummy class then i ran adware and didnt find those two adware which panda found The software i am currently using reommended by u are spyware guard spyware blaster ad-ware and spybot search and destroy and norton and kerio firewall So pls recommend me a solution since i did my best to solve it but couldnt and thus turned to u Guru's Need to fix my ie sp and retrive my lost hdd space thx and here is my hijack log report Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Stardock Object Desktop WindowBlinds wbload exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system GSICON EXE C WINDOWS system dslagent exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf ss exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Program Files Kerio Personal Firewall kpf gui exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C hjt HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ecompany ae eco isp english index html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www google com ie R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www google com keyword s R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy emirates net ae R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SD... Read more

A:Ie Problems and lost hdd space pls Help

updated hijacklog report after running spybot (forgot before). spybot fixed smithfraud and psguard. Here is the report

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 9:39:38 PM, on 10/7/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Stardock\Object Desktop\WindowBlinds\wbload.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\GSICON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dslagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\hpztsb06.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTHELPER.EXE
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4ss.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4gui.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\AdvTools\NPROTECT.EXE
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgmain.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\Security Center\SymWSC.exe
C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\sgbhp.exe
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4gui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\hjt\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = http://www.google.com/ie
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://www.google.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ecompany.ae/eco/isp/english/index.html
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant = http://www.google.com/ie
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://www.google.com/keyword/%s
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = proxy1.emirates.net.ae:8080
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = <local>
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SpywareGuard Download Protection - {4A368E80-174F-4872-96B5-0B27DDD11DB2} - C:\Program Files\SpywareGuard\dlprotect.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Ipswitch.WsftpBrowserHelper - {601ED020-FB6C-11D3-87D8-0050DA59922B} - C:\Program Files\Ipswitch\WS_FTP Pro\wsbho2k0.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: DAP Bar - {62999427-33FC-4baf-9C9C-BCE6BD127F08} - C:\Program Files\DAP\DAPIEBar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GSICONEXE] GSICON.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DSLAGENTEXE] dslagent.exe USB
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Advanced Tools Check] C:\PROGRA~1\NORTON~1\AdvTools\ADVCHK.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec NetDriver Monitor] C:\PROGRA~1\SYMNET~1\SNDMon.exe ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/ie-problems-and-lost-hdd-space-pls-help-72108.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello!
I have bought a laptop with 120 GB HD. I have repartitioned it and set up FC6 and WinXP. Afterwards, I have seen with PartitionMagic that my HD (4 partitions) has only 114 GB. The rest of 6 GB appeared at two new HDs (which actually don't exist) NOT two new partitions(!). Does anyone had the same problem? Does anyone know a software to fix it?
Cheers

A:Lost HD space but 2 new drives

4 Partitions isn't out of the ordinary.
1 XP
1 /
1 /home (or some such)
1 swap

Where are you seeing the "new HDs"? Windows won't be able to read your linux partitions without 3rd party help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-hd-space-but-2-new-drives.66834/
Relevancy 47.73%

The other day i spent the afternoon updating my software There is a whole lot of it I introduced an enormous number of variables most of which cannot be undone I need a more organic solution to my problem which is as follows My Computer is showing Lost Windows XP space - HD that i only have gb of Lost HD space - Windows XP my gb hard drive free This is not the case before i updated everything there was only gb used and i only downloaded mb or so When i highlight and check the properties of the drive it only shows it half full at Lost HD space - Windows XP gig as it should be I have ruled out the following Cluster size - The cluster size is still the same quot size quot is gb and quot size on disk quot is gb At k the cluster size is almost perfectly optimized Disk surface error - I ran check disk to search for bad sectors There is zero kb of lost clusters and no surface errors Page file - The page file is set at the pre-update size of gb I have it set large on purpose but it is no different than before and should not have made a difference This is not excessively large given the amount of ram i have System restore - This is set at mb not the root of my problem Hidden files or partitions - I checked for hidden files or mystery partitions - no significant quantity of hidden files and no partitions When i go to optimize it the map shows it at gb I am lost and have exhausted my ideas help Ideas This is driving me nuts Any questions feel free to email me email protected Thanks nbsp

A:Lost HD space - Windows XP

It may not do much but run Disk Cleanup and Disk Deframentor. Also, go to your your c:\ drive and delete all the unwanted application folders that remain from deleted programs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-hd-space-windows-xp.406423/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys st time ive used something like this so I hope you can help as im stumped MY laptop HD is Gig but i am constantly running out of space and deleting files Space ) HD (5gig+ Lost uninstalling to keep a decent amount of free space available My quot my docs quot folder is only Gig - whole docs folder is My program files is only Gig The other folders in the C only amounts to around meg So there seems to be a downfall of around Gig and i am unable to locate where Lost HD Space (5gig+ ) this missing Gig is located I have done all the normal things like deleting temp files cookies disc cleanup defrag etc thing i need to mention is when I boot up before windows loads it asks me to select which opperating system i want to run only one of these work top one but there is more XP and XP setup options is it possible there is another opperating systems also installed which is taking up my HD space Any help or advise would be greatly appreasiated Cheers Scott nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

Hi, can some please help me with this i have 1tb HDD which shows only 931gb i partitioned it to drive C (110gb) and drive D (821gb). now the problem is drive D i selected all the files & folders along with hidden and system files and checked the size it says 598gb which should leave me free space of 223gb but the drive says i only have 31gb of free space. i checked the drive with WinDirStat it says 591gb used. can anyone tell me how to fix this problem and recover my huge wasted HDD space.

i am using windows 7 ultimate 646bit.

A:HDD Space (223gb) lost. help with it plz.

Can you please post a screenshot from DISKMGMT.MSC, full-screen and with the upper section columns spread so we can see the contents of each cell.

It's possible you have "system protection" enabled for that drive and with numerous restore points taken, which eats up the drive until you "clean house" and delete unwanted old restore points.

You can configure recovery on that drive to either (a) disable it completely, if it's not really needed for your situation, or (b) limit the percentage of the drive which is used for this functionality.

If you can post a screenshot from Windows Explorer showing the contents of that drive (including "hidden files") that would be very helpful.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/223839-hdd-space-223gb-lost-help-plz.html
Relevancy 47.73%

i have tried to reinstall windows xp pro twice.in the directions i used it said i would be ask for the product key.but i never was and it installed windows anyway but some things were not right so i tried to reinstall again and right away it ask for the product key,when i type it in it says it`s invalid.i have tried the xp pro sp3 reinstall disk on 2 computers and used 2 different product keys and get the same results.can someone explain this and tell me what to do? any help is welcome,thanks

A:lost in outer space

Hi Car54,

Sorry you are still having problems. Sounds like you actually got it formatted this time though.

You said you have tried this disk on two computers, you can only put it on one if you are using the same product key. You said you have two product keys, where did the product keys come from? Have either of them ever been used to activate Windows before? Was one of them used on the computer you have been having problems with before you reinstalled Windows?

You need to make sure you are typing the key exactly right, not sure if it automatically makes all letters capitals or not but if it does not, then make sure you are if they are suppose to be capitals

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/235760/lost-in-outer-space/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I am hoping one of you might be able to after space LOST recovery help me I recently had to do a full recovery of my xp Before I did I had a bunch of music and garbage and was pretty low on disk space had or gigsd left Anyway after the recovery the files were gone but the disk LOST space after recovery space did not return Now I am at megs and hurting I have searched for the files because it would be nice to get them back but if not ok I jusdt want my disk space back I havce defragged and tryed scan disk but on start up disk check says it cannot open my files I opened all the hidden files and checked too Ran a virus scanner and system mechanic to no avail Anyhelp would be appreciated Thank you Oh and by the way I will introduce myself My name is Dave I live in NH and don t have much exp with computers Nothing much to tell but hello all nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

First cant find my post I did this log cant HJT my lost one .. it. find ...check new post other doing morning So doing a new one and second think I did it HJT ...check log .. lost my other post doing new one cant find it. wrong so lock it and remove it This one be more of a updated one anyways Last two days had ton of popup ads landing on my desktop This morning things have simmered and none but still somethings are hiding and noticed in my log Also I have two adware programs going One at start up and the other manually Was need as one was not catching it all and the other caught what the last one did get Also I just yesterday started to use a program called Webroot Window washer found out it really cleaned up alot of junk Puter had hardly any mem and now put lot back in I run that a few times a day Or soon as things get slow Well dont have that many programs but seems something HJT ...check log .. lost my other post doing new one cant find it. screwed my mem up New computer and only had this for six months Shame on Microsoft for the bugs lol Also have avast virus program and caught lot of viruses that got last few days BEfore I post log what is omni pass and can that be removed What does that do seems to be loaded and never noticed it before but seems like it loaded it self or when my critical updates downloaded it it loaded it i think Just dont recall installing it or seeing it before Now my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil HJT ...check log .. lost my other post doing new one cant find it. Software Avast ashServ exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass Omniserv exe C Program Files Softex OmniPass OPXPApp exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C PROGRA PopOops PopOops exe C WINDOWS System svsipconfig exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashmaisv exe C Program Files Compaq Connections Program BackWeb- exe C Program Files HJThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http srch-qus hpwis com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http qus hpwis com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext quot C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe quot F - system ini Shell F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet keeploaded nodetect O - HKLM Run AlcxMonitor ALCXMNTR EXE O - HKLM Run Reminder quot C Windows Creator Remind XP exe quot O - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exe O - HK... Read more

A:HJT ...check log .. lost my other post doing new one cant find it.

I think you might have an Agobot infection...

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Update Clinic] svsipconfig.exe

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,10662154~mode=flat

***NOTE*** Disable any active resident Anti-virus program before running the scans

Run both of these two on-line anti-virus programs.

As appropriate, make sure the "heuristics" and "Auto Clean" boxes are checked.

If anything's found, allow it to clean the file. If it's "uncleanable" DELETE everything the virus scan finds.

Re-start the computer between each scan.
Trend Micro's free on-line scan

Panda's free on-line scan

NEXT

Download and save these freeware/donationware programs to a permanent folder. Remember to check for updates and run them weekly.

***NOTE***A new version of SpyBot's been released (v1.3...it's no longer in beta). If you have been using 1.2 you can install right over it. If you downloaded and used 1.3 beta it is suggested you remove it and reboot prior to installing.

***NOTE*** (If you're already using Ad-aware, skip to the tutorial for instructions on how to configure ad-aware for a deep scan.)

Ad-Aware download

SpyBot Search and Destroy download

I also highly recommend you install and update SpywareBlaster
Tutorials for all 3 programs:

***NOTE*** The Ad-aware tutorial shows how to configure Ad-aware for a DEEP scan, the default settings are are ALWAYS changed
per advice from the security experts on these forums. If you already know the basics of Ad-aware skip to Step #4 and configure
it accordingly.
Ad-aware tutorial link

Spybot tutorial link

SpywareBlaster tutorial link
Run Ad-aware and Spybot.

Re-start your computer and post another HJT log in this thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-check-log-lost-my-other-post-doing-new-one-cant-find-it.248201/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an old slow Gateway, MX6214 laptop and I went to do a system restore and I must have lost my CD's. Someone told me I can delete a file and remake another set of recovery disks, Is this true? If so, how would I do this?

Thanks guys.

Mike

A:First post is for help... I lost my restore disk

Does your hdd have a secondary partition with a backup of the os?
If not you probably cant do it. When you hit your start, programs, are
there any listings from gateway about recovery? Some boxstore pc's
like compaq give you a one time deal to make startup and recovery
cd's. Have you went to gateways support section and queried this
topic, Im sure its been asked, probably many times....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/first-post-is-for-help-i-lost-my-restore-disk-270811.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I posted for for help and was getting some assistance from a member here but I can t find the post now Anyway after having followed the suggestions here I ran hijack then made the attempt to follow the steps given here I found out that my system was this help?-lost post my hijack earlier a real mess I couldn t install microsoft hijack this help?-lost my earlier post updates as well as sp as was suggested here my antivirus wasn t working correctly and there were a whole lot of other issues So I decided to hijack this help?-lost my earlier post reformat Everything seems to be running well now my earlier problems of surfing seem to have gone away As an added precaution I ve run hijack this again and hope that someone can browse through it to see if there are any reasons for concern now One final question about updates I was told that we only have to install the critical ones is this so or do I have to also install the security ones with thanks msk Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Common Files Command Software dvpapi exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA NETASS SMARTB MotiveSB exe C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight Sympatico Consumer IPClient exe C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight Sympatico Consumer IPMon exe C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom Freedom exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcalrem exe C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe C Program Files NetAssistant bin mpbtn exe C PROGRA INCRED bin IMApp exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C WINDOWS System wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Kathleen Local Settings Temp hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http sympatico ca R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO Pop-Up Blocker BHO - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom pkR dll O - BHO Form Filler BHO - E D-C B- D -B C- E A - C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom FreeBHOR dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run diagent quot C Program Files Creative SBLive Diagnostics diagent exe quot startup O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA NETASS SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run IPInSightLAN quot C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight Sympatico Consumer IPClient exe quot -l O - HKLM Run IPInSightMonitor quot C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight Sympatico Consumer IPMon exe quot O - HKLM Run Freedom C Program Files Zero Knowledge Freedom Freedom exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run MMTray C Program Files MUSICMATCH MUSICMATCH Jukebox mm tray exe O - HKLM Run WorksFUD C Program Files Microsoft Works wkfud exe O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Portfolio C Program Files Microsoft Works WksSb exe AllUsers O - HKLM Run Microsoft Works Update Detection C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKCU Run IncrediMail C PROGRA INCRED bin IncMail exe c O - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Microsoft ... Read more

A:hijack this help?-lost my earlier post

Well i'm not a security expert but that log seems pretty good to me, although i would wait for one of the security people for the final verdict. You could speed things up by removing non-essential programs from your startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hijack-this-help-lost-my-earlier-post.426640/
Relevancy 47.73%

A backup HD - WD1200 - which is marked as 120 GBs is now recognized by Disk Manager as 79.78 GBs. It had three partitions, it dropped to two by its self and now I have made it one, all without changing the drive back to 120GBs. Properties of the drive show 0 bytes used, 0 bytes free. Disk Manager shows no file system. When I try to format, it starts and goes to 99% but gives "The format did not complete successfully" at the end. I tried SystemWorks to rebuild the dos index and this failed also. This drive is running from an external drive case (USB 2.0, up to 480 mbps, "Smart Mobile Storage" aluminum 3.5" hard drive enclosure). This is the third drive to lose data, format, etc. in this manner. Bad luck, bad drives, bad external case, or virus??

A:Solved: HD Has Lost 40 GBs & now won't Format

Could be a faulty USB enclosure.

Use Windows' Disk Management to delete all partitions off the drive and then recreate the partitions you want. Don't use any third party partition utilities.

If that doesn't work then download and run WD diagnostics utility and test the drive. If it passes then use the utility to do a low level format on the drive and then use Disk Management to try to create the partitions you want.

If that fails then take the drive out of the enclosure and connect it via IDE and try partitioning it.

WD software: http://support.wdc.com/download/index.asp?cxml=n&pid=999&swid=3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-hd-has-lost-40-gbs-now-wont-format.453293/
Relevancy 47.73%

I kind of screwed up and got my system so it wouldn t boot Couldn t get a desktop after using an Erunt backup either After several failed attempts at a repair and or reinstall over the existing system I formatted the C drive and did a clean install of pro slipstreamed with SP All s great until going to the slave drive Lost of 6) after format partitions(2 out to get some things I had backed up a few days ago Slave is g WD with six roughly g each NTFS partitions Until the format The last two partitions were merged into one unallocated space So I lost the stuff I thought was safe Lost partitions(2 out of 6) after format from the format of my master drive Luckily I had the more important things on a USB drive also Can anyone suggest Lost partitions(2 out of 6) after format why the format on the master drive would affect the slave The whole g was recognized by in Disk management just not in the right places I just want some idea what I need to do next time one thing is not to store vital files on the last two partitions Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

I have formatted my hard drive and installed XP and SP2. Before SP2 even my graphics card was not recognised. Now however there are two major problems. The on-board sound device is not recognised and nor is the modem. I have no idea how to reinstall the sound... will i have to buy a soundcard?

The Modem however has this on the back of it IF56A-CL/UK. Does anyone know where i can find a driver for the modem and maybe a way to rescue the sound? Cheers, Richard.

Edit: I've just spotted a handy sticker saying the sound is int. AC97... does this help?

Relevancy 47.73%

This may well be a dumb question but my google-fu has not been able to solve it so far so here goes I ve had a GB external USB HDD Acomdata real size GB for quite some time that was used on both a system with XP and a Macbook which I no longer have It was originally formatted as FAT I decided that before bringing it quot back into commission quot for backup purposes I d run Darik s Boot and Nuke DBAN to do a secure format outside of Windows Problem is that DBAN doesn t like my laptop non Mac and the Linux kernel kept quot panicing quot Windows didn t recognize the drive after the botched format I thought it killed the drive but alas I just had to go inside disk manager and create the RAW partition Vista doesn t like to format drives bigger than GB as FAT so I did a NTFS format full not with quot quick quot checked with default cluster size It worked but I see that there is now MB of used space and something like files that I can t see drive properties I have hidden files folders system folders all set to let me view them and all I see is a RECYCLEBIN and a System Volume Information folder CHKDISK with all of external of Vista HDD 232GB format takes USB Full in space? ~100MB options shows no errors in log I used Heidi Eraser Full format of 232GB external USB HDD in Vista takes ~100MB of space? on both current files and free space and it still left MB as used Is this something to do with the NTFS formatting of the drive Full format of 232GB external USB HDD in Vista takes ~100MB of space? or is there some sort of bigger Full format of 232GB external USB HDD in Vista takes ~100MB of space? problem With indexing turned off I would have thought it would use MB of space Please advise nbsp

A:Full format of 232GB external USB HDD in Vista takes ~100MB of space?

Vista and 7 make that System Reserved Partition, always 100 MB (~96.8 MiB) to any new partition, here's a link to instructions of removing it.. http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/...reserved-partition-when-installing-windows-7/
Haven't tried it personally, as I don't care about 100 MB... (only have 750 GB and 1 TB drives)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-format-of-232gb-external-usb-hdd-in-vista-takes-100mb-of-space.873824/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am using Win7 Ultimate 32-bit & I have a 2 3Ware Escalade 9500S-8 SATA controllers with four 1.8 TB drives. The 1st partition is 2 TB and is the boot partition. After that I can see the rest of my space as 5.2 TB and labeled as Unallocated Space. When I right click on it everything is ghosted out except properties. I tried splitting the 2 TB partition in half to see if I could expand the new 1 TB partition to use any of the unallocated space but could not. I have tried every partition tool I could download but none will work with the 5.2 TB partition. Any suggestions as to how I can access this space. I am trying to use it as a FTP server.

Thanks in advance,
Chris.

A:Disk Management disc tools - can't format uneducated space RAID5

You will need to go to Disk Management and reinitialize the disk as as GPT disk, then create new partitions on it.

I'm assuming that currently it's formatted as an MBR disk - the MBR partitioning scheme however can only address total disk space up to 2TB. Beyond that, it's incapable of "reaching" the rest.

Here's more information about GPT for your perusal: Windows and GPT FAQ

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/200718-disk-management-disc-tools-cant-format-uneducated-space-raid5.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a computer that someone ran fdisk and then formatted. The 10 G hard drive now reads 503 mb. We ran the fdisk and reformatted and still have the same thing. Any ideas as to what has caused this???

A:Lost Hard Drive Space

Check in the machine's BIOS setup if the disk mode is set to NORMAL, it should be in LBA. Another reason is that if your PC is an old machine, u would have to use anyway the Ontrack Disk manager to allow full capacity recognition...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-hard-drive-space.83913/
Relevancy 47.3%

Ok here is the deal About HELP! Players Lost DVD in CDRW Space a week ago I bought a Creative Soundblaster Audigy sound card The same time I bought an ATI All In Wonder PRO video card I decided to install both at the same time I uninstalled my old video and sound drivers and popped the cards in Turned on the pc installed the new drivers and software and both cards work as they should Both my DVD and DVDRW worked also after the installation lt p CDRW DVD Players Lost in Space HELP! gt The next day I get off the CDRW DVD Players Lost in Space HELP! internet and CDRW DVD Players Lost in Space HELP! noticed a little question mark on my DVD Player shortcut When clicked on it says quot The drive or network connection which the shortcut refers to is unavailable quot So I go look in quot my computer quot and see both my DVD and my DVDRW drive gone completely The local disk and quot floppy still exist but no dvd and dvdrw drives anywhere So I go and open up the device manager - no exclamation points anywhere evrything seems to be fine The only problem no cd drives anywhere either There is a Primary IDE channel and Secondary IDE channel which say the are both working properly When I restart my computer the little lights on the DVD drives light up and the cd spins but only till the end of the black quot Windows XP quot screen I can open and close the trays also if that helps lt p gt After this I didn t know what to do so I tried the quot System Recovery quot back to the day when my dvd drives were still working This proved to do nothing because I still had no access to CDs So I am here to this day without my dvd drives and its really getting to me Im wondering if maybe it was some kind of virus or maybe this type of thing happened to someone before I have all the latest drivers from the companies websites and have ran McAfee virus scan in Safe Mode still nothing Heres some info about my computer lt p gt Windows XP Home Service Pack P GHz MB RAM the company is VPR Matrix Any info appreciated and I probably didnt describe it clearly to some people so ask what is needed I will be back here everyday Thanks for your help nbsp