Windows Support Forum

Hp spectre x360

Q: Hp spectre x360

Hi,Two weeks ago I bought an HP Spectrex360. Two days after buying it while using the keyboard, not the touchscreen, it began to touch the touchscreen by it selft only on a part of the screen followed continuously.This happend alot while i was using the laptop so I went to the place of purchase and I changed it with for one of the same model. But this new one also it has the same fault, any recomendations of what should i do?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Hp-spectre-x360/td-p/5796677
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Hp spectre x360

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 33.11%

Motherboard: ASUS A8N-SLI
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 4000+
GHX Card: EVGA Geforce 7900GTX
Monitor: Spectre X20G-NAGA III

I have recently started building a new omputer and I have run into a problem. The computer turns on but when I look at the monitor, an message pops up showing a picture of this: Monitor ---> X --->Tower (Basically meaning that it has no connection to the computer) I find that intresting though because I have everything plugged in and in the right slots.

Any ideas? Any solutions? Please help!

A:No Signal Message (Spectre Monitor)

Hello and welcome to Techspot!

We need to back up a bit first. Open up your case and have a look.

When the system is not turned on, there is an LED light on your board. Can you see it? What color is it? When you hit the power button, tell us EXACTLY what happens. Any fans spinning? Does the color of that light change? Any beeps from the system?

Did you connect the power connector to your graphics card?

How many watts is your PSU (and what make is it)?

Tell us some more about your ram. What size and speed are the ram? How many sticks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-message-spectre-monitor.50598/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi y?all,
Lately i have been dealing with a lot of under performance of my notebook. The cause of that is of all the ads which are constantly popping up while browsing.
Therefore, I have been searching the web for tips and tricks/solutions to get a rid of these pop ups, however with no success.
So now I found this new forum page, and my question is: How can I get a rid of these pop ups and boost up my notebook (i7 processor) performance. Should I reset my laptop and restore to factory settings?
Thanks
Milton

A:Notebook spectre i7 processor running slow (ads pop up)

You are most likely infected. Please click on the link in my signature for Virus/Malware Help and do those things and post in that section of the forum and not here please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/notebook-spectre-i7-processor-running-slow-ads-pop-up-1036625.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi guys I bought HP Paviion x from Future Shop a month ago At that time I didn't get for Pen 130 x360 Pavilion HP any pen or pen drive software Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 So I'm just wondering if it's their mistake or I should buy one If possible I'd like to use one of these pens Lapazz tablet pen stylus pen and a pen for HP tc tablet pc Also I want to use pen pressure for photoshop If I have to buy the pen What pen will fit for my laptop What pen drive do I need to install Do I have to buy both of them can I download a free software from HP website I really need the pen pressure system If I don't need to buy Can I get a digital pen from Futureshop Best Buy I don't know much about Tablet PC and It was first time to buy a laptop by myself Unless Does one of pens on top work on my Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360 laptop and to use pen pressure I tried to touch the screen with them Only stylus worked Can I use Lapazz tablet pen as a digital pen a stylus

A:Pen for HP Pavilion 130 x360

Unless I'm missing something, this is a touch screen which you use your finger to navigate rather than a mouse.  If you are more comfortable using a mouse you can use a usb type with the laptop.  I personally don't know anyone who uses a stylus on a laptop touch screen.

Just out of curiosity, where did you read that you needed to use a "pressure pen"? 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575093/pen-for-hp-pavilion-130-x360/
Relevancy 33.54%

We have a person who is somewhat important on HP specter 360 with Windows 7. She received a NSOD and i did a bluescreenview and it said it is related to ntoskrnl.exe. Uploaded mini dump. Please help this poor IT person.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD. Not sure what is going on. HP Spectre 360

Hi xxxnullifierxxx,

Welcome to the 7forums.

A driver from Symantec has been flagged
Please check Symantec for software updates.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PGPwded.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PGPwded.sys

2: kd> lmvm PGPwded
start end module name
fffff880`0151a000 fffff880`01584000 PGPwded T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: PGPwded.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\PGPwded.sys
Image name: PGPwded.sys
Timestamp: Fri Nov 28 10:24:45 2014 (54783F5D)
CheckSum: 0006A043
ImageSize: 0006A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
I understand this person you are talking about is from an organization?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384436-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-not-sure-what-going-hp-spectre-360-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I cannot create a new folder on the desktop. Right click of the mouse pad does nothing. Shift Control N does nothing. This is ridiculous. Any help is appreciated.

A:HP Spectre X360 with Windows 10

Does right click work at all? Try right click on Start button and see if it produces a menu. Some people has experienced problems with their touch pad, try using a mouse and see if right click works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-spectre-x360-with-windows-10.1160901/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi Chaps BRANDNEW ARRIVED DAYS AGO HP Spectre x Core Intel i7-6500U BRICK HD520 Graphics Spectre x360 NEW HP 13-4109na - na - Intel Core i - U Windows GB DDR L GB SDRAM Intel HD Graphics Supplied with Windows home and updated to Windows home with m s update Video Scheduler driver STOPPED RESPONDING VIDEO SCHEDULER INTERNAL ERROR andsimilar Errors ABOUT FOUR TIMES DAILY Usually whilst using IE FIREFOX usuallywhen changing page scrolling COULD IT BE RELATED TO POPUPS OR OTHER VIDEO ON SCREEN Event viewer shows Display driver igfx stoppedresponding and has successfully recovered Event ID Think this is x error Sometimes blue screens but more often recovers Rolled driver back to No improvement YESTERDAY Contacted HP chat support Paul who using a minuscule chatbox promptly Reset driver to latest driver and updatedBIOS Apologised for the inconvenience and offered me a HPvoucher NOT ARRIVED MACHINE STILL HAS THE SAME PROBLEM after HP support QUELLE SURPRISE If I were not otherwise quite pleased HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK with the machine and had not spent a few hours setting it up it would be sent straight back - it may still be Nevertheless keen to sort it out thanks for your help There appear to be some beta drivers available here https downloadcenter intel com dow - - - - - - but I cannot get the Win bit version to install quot The driver being installed is not validated for this computer quot error arises there are some instructions to bypass this here https steamcommunity com HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK app I do only have one graphics card Is this the way forward OK folks followed the instructions carefully essentially telling the P C to search yourself have driver and have disc then navigate to folder you have saved and extracted to Note also it is best to download the zipped file since it contains graphics display audio and language items and so you can choose graphics separately I could not get the HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK single exe file to load the graphics driver Now running beta driver dated Time will tell Well no recurrence for hours so marking as solved - famous last words eh Yes spoke too soon Made the mistake of turning to tablet mode and twice had the worst screen problems yet experienced Mike

A:HP Spectre x360 13-4109na Intel Core i7-6500U HD520 Graphics NEW BRICK

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the 10forums.

To note:
Attachment 52520

As the 0x119 is GPU related, please stress test the GPU and clean install the drivers.
Please uninstall everything of Intel graphics using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Intel. Be sure to ONLY install the drivers using custom/advanced options.

Diagnostic test

GPU TEST

Run Furmark to test your GPU. Furmark tutorial

Note
Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning
Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
0: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
start end module name
fffff800`ee6f0000 fffff800`eed2d000 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Sat Jul 18 02:27:57 2015 (55A99D8D)
CheckSum: 0061C20F
ImageSize: 0063D000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32551-hp-spectre-x360-13-4109na-intel-core-i7-6500u-hd520-graphics-new-brick.html
Relevancy 31.82%

Brand new laptop keeps crashing. Has shown blue screen with error message DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL(rtwlane.sys) 5 times, and has compltly locked up twice ctrl+alt+delete didn't work so had to switch off via power button. Windows update failing to install despite being connected to the internet. 

A:Brand new HP X360 11-k107na Blue screen DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS...

Hello,Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome ! This is BSOD -  kind of Windows self-protection feature. If you received a blue screen error, or stop code, the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. A hardware device, its driver, or related software might have caused this error.What you describe could happen because of incompatible with Windows driver (more often) or because of hardware issue (rarely). In your case, this seems to be known issue - your network drivers are outdated and need to be updated in order to fix the issue. Option 1:Visit the HP web site for your model >> http://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-11-x360-PC-series/8499314/model/8942286 , select your OS version, download , choose the Network drivers , download and update them Option 2 (recommended):If you do not have it already, please download and install HP Support Assistant from this url: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905Use to check for and apply all drivers updates Additional tips:- If you have McAfee software installed, then uninstall it and eventually run this McAfee uninstaller tool >> http://us.mcafee.com/apps/supporttools/mcpr/mcpr.asp- Use the built-in Windows Defender >> http://www.howtogeek.com/220232/how-to-use-the-built-in-windows-defender-antivirus-on-windows-10/  Please, provide your feedback and let me know how this goes. - For Windows updates failures, try >> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-update-troubleshooter

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Brand-new-HP-X360-11-k107na-Blue-screen-DRIVER-IRQL-NOT-LESS/td-p/5595299
Relevancy 63.64%

I've seen this crackling sound problem around the internet. After my research for hours, here is what I got: 1. I used 'DPC Latency Checker V1.4.0'. It was found that some devices, i.e. modem, usb, wifi, are interupting the sound card making crackling noise which is really loud and noisy. 2. Changing the bit rate between 16 bit and 24 bit doesn't help. 3. Update speaker driver to 'Realtex 6.3.9600.116' and 'Intel Smart Sound Technology 8.4.1.71' won't help. 4. Turn off the Audio Enhancement in DTS studio sound doesn't help. 5. Disable WIFI driver for a while won't help. *6. I've found that the problem can be solved by disable 'Disk Data Cache' in SSD option in Intel Rapid Storage Technology.Page 4 from this link: LinkBut I can't find this disable option in version 13.6.0.1002So how can I turn this 'SSD Cache' off?Or do you have any other solution?

A:Crackling sound while playing music in HP SPECTRE X360 Ultra...

Here is what I got from DPC Latency. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Crackling-sound-while-playing-music-in-HP-SPECTRE-X360/td-p/5039064
Relevancy 32.25%

I have 2 identical fairly new HP 360s, both running W10 64-bit. Both send video correctly to the TV over HDMI connection. Neither sends the audio, instead sending it to the laptop's internal speakers. This is an HP issue, as the HDMI cable is fine and works with all other devices. The cable and TV work properly with my Mac and Toshiba laptop and with my HP Pavilion desktop unit. Please advise as to the correct fix for this tiresome proble. Thanks,Steve Conelley

A:Envy x360 audio not passed to TV over HDMI

Hi there @Conehead1952,  Welcome to the HP Support Community where you can ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to you. I understand that you are having an issue with the sound while trying to use the HDMI capability from your HP ENVY x360 Notebook PC.  Did you receive any error messages?Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device? Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting: Using correct HDMI cable for your HDMI deviceSetting HDMI sound outputTroubleshooting specific HDMI issuesCould you please run the Hardware and Devices  troubleshooter? The troubleshooter will help find and fixHDMIissues. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.Select Troubleshooting.Select View all on the top left corner.Click on Hardware and Devices.Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.Check if the issue persists.You could try to:Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Uninstall.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the model number of your ENVY x360 Notebook PC.  Thanks!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Envy-x360-audio-not-passed-to-TV-over-HDMI/td-p/5584652
Relevancy 33.54%

I am unable to get a definative answer from any one whether of not this new 12" (not the 13") model support an external monitor.  Specs and screenshots show only USB-C ports.  Is there another port?  Can you attach one with an adaptor via the USB-C port?  A support export said he saw an HDMI port, but I suspect he was looking at at the 13" Spectre.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:New Spectre 12 x2 Detachable

Great Question @meisenman?  With the upcoming Spectre 12 x2 PC the USB type-C ports can be used to plug in an external monitor. You will need an HP USB type-C to HDMI  or VGA adapter to allow one to be plugged in. USB Type-C Compatibility Chart for computers, adapters, docks and hubsDescription HP Spectre 12-a000 x2 Detachable PC     HP USB-C to USB 3.0 Adapter  x    HP USB-C to HDMI Adapter  x    HP USB-C to VGA Adapter  x      

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/New-Spectre-12-x2-Detachable/td-p/5304562
Relevancy 64.93%

nbsp My Spectre is connected to the internet via WLAN The Operating System Win was updated a few days ago nbsp The Bluetooth System does not detect any Bluetooth X360 the Spectre devices by Bluetooth not HP detected devices any more It keeps searching without any detected devices There are no error messages Bluetooth devices not detected by the HP Spectre X360 In the devices list in the system the bluetooth speakers are not displayed The problem is permanentMy Bluetooth speakers functioned with this Spectre a few days ago These Speakers work with my Smartphone and Bluetooth connection without any problems nbsp My Samsung smartphone is near the Spectre with bluetooth enabled It was coupled with the spectre a few weeks ago and functioned but suddenly this does not function any more either The smartpjone connects to other bluetooth devices and the bluetooth speakers without any problems I tried to connect to the speakers with the Spectre after disabling the speakers in the smartphone bluetooth connection- no success I have tried deinstalling and reinsatlling the bluetooth drivers in the Spectre- but the result is the same The system says that the bluetooth is functioning and that the drivers are up to date Your help would be much appreciated With best regardsIvor Novello nbsp

A:Bluetooth devices not detected by the HP Spectre X360

Hi @INOV, I came across your post about Bluetooth connection stopped working on your laptop. I want to help. Please review the document below: HP PCs - Using Bluetooth Devices (Windows 10, 8)Make sure  the Bluetooth is turned on and discoverable. Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".  To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!    If you require further assistance let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. Thanks. Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-devices-not-detected-by-the-HP-Spectre-X360/td-p/5592138
Relevancy 33.11%

I have un HP spectre 360 (windows 10 64bit) connected with Hp 3001PR port replicator.The port replicator is connected with monitor and ethernet.Problem: each morning when i start computer ,after about 30 minutes, the replicator disconnects.i have to " ipl " the replicator and after i haven't problem for all day.i have installed the last version driver but the problem is always the samecould you help me pleaseMauro

A:HP 3001PR disconnect with windows10 in HP spectre 360

Hello @Mauro62?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I came across your post about the Port Replicator, and wanted to help! To start, can  you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Do you only have the replicator connected to your notebook through the monitor?  Are you connecting it with an HDMI cable?  Are you using an external monitor?  If so, instead of connecting through the monitor, try connecting through the USB port, and see if you are having the same issue.  Please post back with the results. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Happy New Year!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-3001PR-disconnect-with-windows10-in-HP-spectre-360/td-p/5422540
Relevancy 64.5%

I applied the BIOS Update F.32 Rev A using the HP Support Assistant. After applying the update my touch screen no longer works.HP Chat assist has only come up with the option to rebuild the machine. Has anyone else had problems with this BIOS Update?Is there anything I can do?Surely HP shouldn't provide this update for this model if it breaks it? Help appreciated.Peter

A:bios update has disabled touch on HP Spectre X360

Hi @Peterjhoulihan,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums and wanted to reach out to help! I understand that the Touchscreen on your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4104tu Notebook PC is not working correctly.  Have you checked to see if the driver has been disabled?Have you tried to run the Windows Troubleshooter?Have you tried to Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics?Did you happen to try to restore the BIOS?Have you tried to Enable the touch screen driver in Device Manager? Please follow these steps to see if you can enable the Touchscreen:  Open up the Device ManagerFind ?Human Interface Devices?Expand ?Human Interface Devices?Right-click on ?HD-compliant touch screen.?Click ?Enable" (if available)Restart your Notebook PC. If this happened after you had done a set of Windows Updates, please use the System Restore feature and pick a date that was before the issues started.  To use System Restore in Windows 10: Go to the SearchType Control PanelClick Control PanelClick SystemClick System ProtectionClick System Protection TabClick System RestoreClick NextChoose "Choose a different Restore point"Click NextA box that says "Restore your computer to the state it was in before the selected event" will pop upChoose the eventClick NextClick FinishClick Yes to ConfirmWhen the System Restore is finished, you will get a pop up that says it has been completed. Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant if you need it. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system that need updating. Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting. Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/bios-update-has-disabled-touch-on-HP-Spectre-X360/td-p/5594457
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello All nbsp Frustrated new owner of HP Pavilion x - convertible nbsp here nbsp Bought this computer about weeks ago nbsp Here are the issues I've been having nbsp nbsp Computer goes into sleep mode no matter convertible hp - GOES x360 laptop MODE... - SLEEP INTO pavilion what minutes setting I've set to both on battery and plugged in I've even set everything to never laptop would still go into sleep mode after to minutes of no-use nbsp nbsp Spent to hours with HP rep whom of which remotely accessed my laptop downloaded a bios update installed bios update nbsp After the bios update we tested the hp pavilion x360 - convertible laptop - GOES INTO SLEEP MODE... problem byleaving computer untouched for about minutes or so issue seems to be solved nbsp nbsp After step HDMI external monitor not sending signal to monitor nbsp My ext monitor can't detect a signal nbsp I actually had problems when I first tried to use an external monitor had to do several restarts and shutdowns to finally have monitor detect and signal from the laptop nbsp I know it's not the hdmi cable or monitor as I've tried inter-switching monitors and cables with my amazon fire TV nbsp And all monitors and cables were okay nbsp nbsp Nevertheless after step I fiddled around and restarted and shutdown the laptop some more times and somehow the monitor finally detected a signal and screen works again nbsp nbsp BUT HERE WE GO AGAIN LAPTOP GOES INTO THE DREADFUL SLEEPMODE after to minutes of idling nbsp This is really frustrating when you're working a a paper and doze off a lil bit to grab a drink watch tv etc having to come back wait for log in screen and enter password again is quite tedious nbsp nbsp Can an HP really get to the bottom of this as I've seen many others in this forum with issues of Sleep as well nbsp Needless to say I'm pretty frustrated with this as I've spent to on a new machine but I'm having to go through hours of troubleshooting for this

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-pavilion-x360-convertible-laptop-GOES-INTO-SLEEP-MODE/td-p/5596404
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi  Hoping someone can assist, I have a spectre x360 connected to a Samsung Smart TV via HDMI.  Screen is recognised OK as the laptop screen flickers when plgging in, problem is that the TV screen suddenly goes blank (black) for no apparent reason then reappears, again for no obvious reason. Tried various different cables and different HDMI ports on TV and all behave the same, this doesn't occur at all when using other laptops connected to the TV using same cables.  Doesn;t appear to be cable led either as wiggling cable and therefore port doesn't seem to affect either the black out or reappearance ? Help !  

A:Spectre x360 - Samsung HDMI

Hi there @BaffledA,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! I understand that the HDMI from your HP Spectre x360 Notebook PC to your Samsung TV is not working properly.  Did you receive any error messages?Did you see if the HDMI was listed in the Digital Output Device? Here is a document for you called Troubleshooting HDMI Display and Sound Issues. It has three different sections that you can use for troubleshooting:  Using correct HDMI cable for your HDMI deviceSetting HDMI sound outputTroubleshooting specific HDMI issuesCould you please run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter first. The troubleshooter will help find and fix HDMI issues.  Type troubleshooting in the search bar.Select Troubleshooting.Select View all on the top left corner.Click on Hardware and Devices.Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.Check if the issue persists.Please also try to: Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Update Driver Software.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Also, you could try to: Press (Windows key + X)Click on Device Manager.Expand Sound, video, and game controllersRight click on the sound driverSelect Uninstall.Once this is done, restart the Notebook twice and check if the issue persists.Did this reply resolve your issue or answer your question? If yes, then please share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation by clicking the Thumbs Up. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the model number of your Spectre x360 Notebook PC.  Thanks! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-Samsung-HDMI/td-p/5594750
Relevancy 33.97%

Was about to buy Spectre x360 13" with i7, 512 GB etc and FHD screen but HP ran out of stock and now only seem to have QHD with this spec. Am a little worried about scaling issues with QHD. Am mainly using Office 2013, Outlook, Adobe PDFs, Google Drive, Photoshop, Norton. Would these programmes have scaling issues ? Are HP restocking with FHD screens or are they now out ? The US have a Spectre x360 13t  with FHD and I can't understand why HP UK don't sell this model.  Can anyone advise ?

A:Spectre FHD

Hi, I think all high end Spectre x360 machines now have QHD or UHD therefore you have to movw down to lower specs which has only 128GB or 256GB of storage. Many machines in the US market won't be available in other countries specially CTO machines. I don't think HP Stores will restock older machines. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-FHD/td-p/5591432
Relevancy 63.64%

I have it hooked up with HDMI (brand new gold plated cable). The text especially is blurry/fuzzy and the screen doesn't take up all the space it should - about 1/2" at the top and sides, bottom is ok. The guy at View Sonic support said it was a video card issue and I would have to figure it out with HP or Intel. Can anyone help me? I have Intel HD graphics. The monitor is Viewsonic VX2270-Smh-LED. It's 21.5" 1080p frameless IPS display.

A:Trouble with Spectre x360 and Viewsonic Monitor, blurry text...

Hi @butlerll, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre Notebook and the HDMI port not working correctly. Try running the Windows updater Tool. Here is a link to help troubleshoot the HDMI Display. If the Notebook is not having an issue displaying anything on the Notebook screen, it is not a graphics card. Please get back to me how this goes. Thanks for being a part of the HP community. Please let me know if this help resolves the issue by marking this post as Accept as Solution.  Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Trouble-with-Spectre-x360-and-Viewsonic-Monitor-blurry-text/td-p/5587046
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi fellow HP users and forum moderators nbsp I am using a Spectre X purchased in Australia and currently using it in Australia nbsp My problem is that the laptop sometimes does not nbsp wake up from sleep hibernate The screen is pitch black and keyboard lighting button is functional but I tried every single button on the keybpard and pressed the trackpad Nothing happens or responds to this nbsp Is this a software issue HP software or Windows bit issue Maybe a hardware like SSD playing up My SSD is a Samsung GB one nbsp The only way to make my laptop work again is to press the on off sleep button for seconds then it would force to shutdown then I press again to boot it up nbsp This is nbsp getting annoying I am writing a report for university and suddenly after having a short break or so and opening my laptop the screen is black does not want to wake up nbsp Any solution s to this nbsp Thanks in advance

A:Spectre x360 does not wake up Black screen

Hi @HPmac1,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with black screen after sleep mode. I will be glad to help you. Please follow the step from Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8). Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-does-not-wake-up-Black-screen/td-p/5583211
Relevancy 33.54%

My taskbar is jumping most of the time and at that moment my touchscreen doesn't work.  I made a screenvideo to show it.  Video of my screen I cann't find the problem online and fix it. I already re-installed my laptop. Who can help me? Thanks! 

A:Jumpie taskbar on Spectre

Hello @Rutger_help, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you are having issues with the Task Bar, and wanted to assist you! I took a look at the video you provided.  Thank you for the information.  It seems that the Task Bar itself is not the issue, but the Touch Screen.  The Task Bar seems to be jumping, because the On-Screen Keyboard icon keeps popping up, and going away.  The On-Screen Keyboard is usually active while in Tablet Mode, or when using the Touch Screen.  Try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes: HP Notebook PCs - Touch Screen Issues (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Jumpie-taskbar-on-Spectre/td-p/5590336
Relevancy 65.79%

I've had the same problem as seen in 8 previous pages on this forum. My wife opened our 1 month old, $2000 hp spectre x360 laptop to find the screen had cracked. By the time we got the laptop to hp, the cracks had spread and some shards of glass fallen out near the origin of the crack at one hinge. Hp have deemed this as physical damage and quoted us $523 for repairs, on what without doubt was a defective screen. I can't even begin to express my anger and disappointment at both the quality of hp screens based on the 8 pages of similar issues, and the ridiculous quoted repair costs. I could buy a new laptop for less. With this level of customer service, I don't see hp maintaining their reputation of quality.

A:cracked screen on spectre x360

@trent2
?Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.Thank you,Omar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/cracked-screen-on-spectre-x360/td-p/5112381
Relevancy 64.93%

I have had some intermittent display problems so I wanted to check if my driver was up to date. Device manager indicates that for my Intel HD Graphics 5500, the current version 20.19.15.4360 is "Up to Date".  When I check on the HP website for my model computer and Win 10 operating system, it indicates I should use a different version, 10.18.15.4220. The strange thing is that according to the Intel website explanation for their numbering system, the first number "20" indicates a Win 10 driver, and a "10" first number a Win8.1 driver. It would appear that HP is recommending a Win 8.1 version for my Win 10 installation. I am uncertain what to believe is the correct driver.

A:Spectre x360-13t-4000 Graphics Driver

Hi @jsinco,I hope you enjoy your visit to the HP Support Forums. I understand you are have questions about the video driver . I will be glad to help you. I looked into your question. the Version 10.18.15.4240 Rev.A was released  Jul 22, 2015 The Version 20.19.15.4360 Rev.A was released 6 Jan 2016 is a path for HDMI output. If you are not useing the external monitor exther are fine.The Version 20.19.15.4360 is the most recent. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-13t-4000-Graphics-Driver/td-p/5583197
Relevancy 65.79%

I purchased my HP Spectre x360 (i7, 8GB, 256SSD, Windows 10) two days ago.It worked perfectly until midday today when the touch keyboard icon in the bottom right of the toolbar began to toggle on and off for no reason.  Simultaneously, the touch screen was unresponsive for the majority of the 13.3" display.  When the icon is not toggling, everything works fine.  This problem occurs (what seems like) at random times for random durations.I have done nothing outside normal use and checking to make sure there are no problems.My guess is it has something to do with switching from the various "360" modes and possibly the connectivity between the screen and keyboard panels.Has anyone else had similar problems?Are there any solutions already in place?

A:HP Spectre x360 Touch Screen

Hi @zswies?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4101dx and Touchpad not working correctly. Here is a document on how to troubleshoot the Touchpad sensitivities.If you will go to the section on Adjusting TouchPad pointing sensitivities it should help resolve the issue. You could  try using the Windows Update Troubleshooting tool to fix any updates that have not come through for Windows 10.  Please restart the Notebook twice to make sure all update have been completed!I hope this helps.Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Touch-Screen/td-p/5224100
Relevancy 65.79%

Oh what a wonderful day... brand new laptop...  a HP Spectre x360 2-in-1 13.3" Touch-Screen Laptop - Intel Core i7.  Got it at Fry's as a refurbishment.  Got it home. Got it set up.  Got all kinds of display problems after not more than a few minutes of operation.  Why would I buy a refurbishment?  Don't know... I'm thinking these computers with the touch screens and rotations are not ready for prime time.  Returned it and got my money back.  Not sure about the HP brand.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Display-Problem/td-p/5588212
Relevancy 32.68%

I recently had to replace the power button board on my laptop after the original part broke. The last time my computer worked before the power button board broke, the battery was at 70% and afterwards I couldn't turn on my computer. Recently I received the replacement part and installed it into my computer. However when I try to turn on my computer it still does not work. When I plug in the adapter it does not turn on the nearby led and does not warm up at all. I tried to use only battery power however that does not work either. I have already looked through the guide (http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372748 )and nothing seems to be the problem. I have yet to replace the battery or adapter because I am unsure if those are the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Envy-15t-x360-Not-Responsive-to-Boot-Up/td-p/5596428
Relevancy 64.5%

My HP Spectre X360 convertible is overheating with high degree of battery power loss. The system goes off oftenly.  The extreme overheating is a big concern to me. The fast going down of battery disrupt my work greatly. What should I do to get my system back on track as before?

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 32.68%

Hi, I just received this HP ENVY 15-w000 x360 Convertible PC and I am trying to set up a new copy of Windows 10. I have a flashdrive that has been set up to boot with a copy of Windows 10 that I would like to install. The problem is that when I press Escape and choose booting, I don't find the USB drive at all - the options remain the same where the flashdrive is plugged or not. Please advise. Thanks,Al

A:HP ENVY 15-w000 x360 Convertible PC

Hi, Please use a fresh or empty flash drive, not a bootable drive. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-ENVY-15-w000-x360-Convertible-PC/td-p/5582015
Relevancy 65.79%

I have had my Spectre x360 - 13-4003dx for 6 months.  The operating system is Windows 8.1 (64-bit).  I use Microsoft Office 365.   My laptop will freeze on me at least once every day either when I am outlook and more likely when I am on IE 11.  Normally it happens when I am using Outlook 2013, iTunes (Just opened, not playing music, basically updating my contacts/calendars) and internet explorer 11 (I will have maybe 4 tabs open) and probably will have Word and Excel open also.  IE 11 will be on let's say Amazon, and a few other pages but I am streaming movies or videos or music.  I understand that is a lot of programs to have open but the laptop is i7 -5500U - CPU - 2.40GHz with 8.0GB of Ram.  I currently am using 4.69GB. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A:Laptop Freezes - Spectre x360

Hi @prime31?, Thank you for posting. I have read your post, and I understand that the laptop freezes on Outlook and IE 11 once a day. I would like to help solve the problem.  please review the document for troubleshooting:HP PCs - Computer Locks Up or Freezes (Windows 10, 8) Have you tried other Internet browser like Google Chrome? Let me know how it goes. To say thank you, click on the "thumb up". Accept the post as solution, if your problem solved, so other people have the same issue can see it. Regards,  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-Freezes-Spectre-x360/td-p/5469606
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone, as the topic subject suggests i  ' m searching for a new Keyboard for my "spectre X360 4101 Energy star " , the model of the keyboard is "806500-061 ITALIAN version" .  Unfortunately i dropped a glass of cofee on it , i managed to save all the other components except for the keyboard , that after many attempts of cleaning din't work. I ' m trying to find out where to buy the replacement , any suggestion ?

A:HP Service PN 806500-061 ITL Spectre X360

Hi @Gilgamesh9,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the keyboard. I will be glad to help you. HP continually improves and changes product parts. For complete and current information onsupported parts for your computer, go to http://partsurfer.hp.com, select your country or region, and thenfollow the on-screen instructions. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Please keep me informed of how things went.If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Service-PN-806500-061-ITL-Spectre-X360/td-p/5595934
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi , i have a Hp Pavilion 13.3 " x360 13-s060sa and i want to upgrade the hard drive for an SSD , does anyone know the compatible SSD makes for this notebook. No websites seem to recognise it or have my model on their compatibility list . It must be upgradable since the one up model has an SSD and also other model numbers of the same laptop are supported. Any help and info would be really good, Thank You

A:Hp Pavilion x360 13-s060sa compatible SSD

This laptop has a standard 2.5" drive so any 2.5" SSD will work.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-Pavilion-x360-13-s060sa-compatible-SSD/td-p/5596089
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I just received my i7 model of the HP Spectre X360 today and after a short period of use on the computer the upper left corner of the body of the computer becomes very hot, so much that resting it on part of my body becomes unbearable. I had read up on the notebook before buying it and the only mention of any issue of this sort was in a pros/cons list in one review that merely stated that "the bottom runs warm." Thus I was not expecting this level of heat while using the laptop rather casually, as the most intensive thing I was doing was streaming videos. Is this normal for what I am doing on this laptop? It's not the worst problem but it is definitely worrisome as I am planning on using this laptop for the next four years or so. Thank you all in advance!

A:Spectre X360 Extremely hot

Hi @yiajiipamu ,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publically post ( serial numbers and case details).
If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Regards,George

I work for HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-X360-Extremely-hot/td-p/5098806
Relevancy 64.5%

I purchased the HP Spectre X convertible notebook in January of this year and after the experience I have had I doubt I will ever purchase a HP notebook again I have been having overheating issues with temperatures reaching terrible overheating servi... HP customer x360 and Spectre HP - as high as degrees Farenheit around degrees Celsius nbsp HP Spectre x360 - overheating and terrible HP customer servi... I have contacted HP support several times and their standard procedure has been to update the BIOS and tinker with the notebook settings via remote access and to remind me to have the laptop on a flat service such as a table so the fan is not obstructed nbsp As this has invariably failed to fix the problem I have been directed on TWO occasions to take my notebook to a HP repair centre On the first occasion they replaced the fan and returned it to me with the statement verified working On the second occasion they replaced the motherboard and the heatsinks they indicated there was a verified failure in both instances and again returned the notebook to me last week with the statement that they had verified the notebook was now working without issues nbsp Unfortunately but to be honest not unexpectedly I still have an overheating notebook after several BIOS updates several replacements of hardware components and months into my warranty The time and expense involved in spending hours on the phone with HP support and taking the notebook to the repair centre has been ridiculous I clearly have a defective computer but HP will no doubt again keep me on the phone with their offshore call centre for hours whilst they update the BIOS and I expect I will have to visit the repair centre for a third time with no resolution i have asked for a replacement and HP simply said No we cannot do that Well what if the notebook clearlly is defective which surely must be the case if after so many software updates and two sets of hardware component replacements it is still overheating to such a degree nbsp I am extremely frustrated with HP and I'm hoping someone from HP or another user on this forum may be able to provide me with suggested next steps Otherwise I am afraid I will be left with a very expensive piece of junk

A:HP Spectre x360 - overheating and terrible HP customer servi...

Hey @julescheng, I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions. Please take a moment to read HP's Privacy Policy at http//www8.hp.com/us/en/privacy/ww-privacy.html .Cheers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-overheating-and-terrible-HP-customer-service/td-p/5587286
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello Just bought an HP Specture x360.  Camera keeps disconnecting.  I uninstalled hoping it would recognize unknown device and reinstall.  No luck.  Now I cannot find the right driver on the HP site. There must be a bug, but right now need my camera working for my business. Any ideas? Thanks.  They camera type is listed as HP TrueVision full HD camera as far as I can tell L

A:HP specture x360 camera -- not working; cannot find driver

Hi @Perich1?, Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process. I understand that your webcam would arbitrarily disconnect.  To try and overcome this, you have uninstalled the webcam but are not unable to find a driver now. First, if you restart your notebook, Windows will look for a driver.  You can also run the  HP Support Assistant  to aid with acquiring drivers? Have you done all your Windows updates?  I would be glad to look for drivers for you, but need the precise model. Hereis a link to HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8) that may help in the meantime. Hope to hear from you soon.  To help visitors and members alike find solutions that have helped others, please consider selecting "Accepted Solution"  on the post that resolves your difficulty. This will give it more visibility and make it easier to find.  Please consider clicking the "Thumbs Up Icon" below  to say thanks for assisting you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-specture-x360-camera-not-working-cannot-find-driver/td-p/5593902
Relevancy 66.22%

I have the i5 version, and I experience the same heat issues as you guys described. Also, the area right above the F1-F5 keys gets really really hot after running anything even mildly graphics intense. Even simple 2d flash games will cause the fan to throttle up and that area will become extremely hot. It has been like this since the beginning. Other than the heat issue, I honestly have no qualms with this ultrabook.

A:Re: Spectre X360 Extremely hot

Hi @odontomon, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. It is a great site for information and questions. I have looked into your issue about your HP Spectre X360 Notebook and issues with overheating and possible fan issues. Here is a link on what could cause overheating and how to reducing heat inside the Notebook. You could reset the BIOS with this document selecting the reloading the BIOS default settings. Which has helped others as it restores the fans default settings. Please let me know how this goes. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Re-Spectre-X360-Extremely-hot/td-p/5116759
Relevancy 33.54%

My in box deletes messages before I can read or save them.

A:HP ENVY x360 M6

Hi @threadfin410?, What email are you using (Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo...)? And are you accessing it in an Internet browser? Do you access the same email account on any other devices? When the messages are deleted, can you still find them in your Deleted/Trash folder? Any additional info would be helpful.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/HP-ENVY-x360-M6/td-p/5586639
Relevancy 32.25%

My question is X2 HP file Sprout compatibilty Camera... RealSense Spectre with in the Subject block nbsp HP just announced a new laptop the Spectre X nbsp that's sort of a Microsoft Surface Pro competitor nbsp Something that caught my eye about the Spectre X is that it has an Intel RealSense d camera the camera being mounted on the rear of the screen Sprout file compatibilty with HP Spectre X2 RealSense Camera... looking away from the operator nbsp The laptop also has the usual front and back cameras nbsp I was mystified about why someone would put the d camera on the rear since the d applications you hear about are face recognition Windows hello gesture recognition etc nbsp There is no HP documentation on the Spectre X yet so there was no help there nbsp nbsp I did a quick investigation and discovered that Intel has two d cameras the F and the R for front and rear applications nbsp The two cameras use rather different techniques for gathering depth information nbsp F is what we have on the Sprout designed for close work nbsp The R is on the Spectre I believe and its designed for distance work nbsp nbsp My question best answered by HP or Intel at this point is whether the Spectre saves data in a file format that would be compatible with the file format of the Sprout nbsp In other words could we blend d images from both computers into one image nbsp That could be useful nbsp nbsp By the way someone has already anticipated our question about using the Sprectre camera for Windows hello nbsp You could turn the laptop around for login nbsp The answer to the question asked on an Intel forum was not now and maybe never nbsp The R is designed for fairly far distances so it probably wouldn't do close up face recognition nbsp Just think if you had a Spectre and a Sprout you would have two d cameras that don't work with hello nbsp Just a thought nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Sprout-by-HP/Sprout-file-compatibilty-with-HP-Spectre-X2-RealSense-Camera/td-p/5297251
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello My laptop doesnt seem to be charging at all even when it is plugged in. The message that I have looked in the power icon says "Plugged in, not charging". I need help to solve this. I bought the laptop in the webstore of HP 8 months ago, so the laptop still have warranty.. By the way, the Product Number is M1W93UA#ABA. Thanks in advance,Alonso.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-x360-plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5597227
Relevancy 32.68%

So the power button on my HP detached from the laptop Long story short I was boarding back home X360 to Turn Envy How HP 15-u010dx- ON?!!! and hit a rock and fell forward therefore breaking the corner of the power button and shatter the touchscreen I was still workin fine except the fact that HP Envy X360 15-u010dx- How to Turn ON?!!! the screen was shattered and the power chip was dangling out of the laptop It survived a few weeks before the power chip fell out I couldnt find the time to go to a store to see what they could do the only thing keeping it alive was the charging power but I fell asleep with the laptop on Lucky me nbsp The laptop was working perfectly I've had it for some time right now I have ALOT of important files and documents I was wondering if there was a short-cut or a way I can get my Laptop on without using the power button I just want to back-up everything i have in the laptop and make a desicion of getting a new one or fixing this one

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Envy-X360-15-u010dx-How-to-Turn-ON/td-p/5597626
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a ScanDisk ultra 128gb microsd xc1 card.  when i place it into slot it is not recognized. do i need to do something to get it be recognized

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/spectre-x2-mirc0-sim/td-p/5596864
Relevancy 64.93%

I just picked up an HP Spectre X at the microsoft store a few days ago I really like the machine save for the keyboard I am Double Missing X360 HP Spectre Keystrokes running into a consistent issue where the keyboard will miss my double keystrokes for double letters Such as in the word letter nbsp I just had to retype the word letter because it missed the double T This is a consistent problem that I can replicate with ease HP Spectre X360 Missing Double Keystrokes Note that I do average around wpm This is the first time I've ever run into a keyboard with this issue It's very frustrating nbsp LeterLetterLeterLetterLeter nbsp That was a series of uncorrected attempts at the word letter nbsp I really hope HP can perhaps address this with a bios update or something If it turns out to simply be a mechanical fault in the keyboard I'll probably just return it I'll be testing on a friends identical machine today to see if its a universal problem with the model

A:HP Spectre X360 Missing Double Keystrokes

Tested it on another Spectre X360 today, same effect. Apparently an issue with the keyboard, likely mechanically it just cant support the way I'm hitting double letters. Another word that misses almost every time is the word "I'll". I'm starting to wonder if its because I'm not coming off the key completely in between the presses... again this is not something I've ever experienced on another keyboard so I'll probably just exchange this for something else. Pretty disappointed since the rest of the machine is great, but a laptop with a bad keyboard isn't worth owning.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-X360-Missing-Double-Keystrokes/td-p/5125988
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello. I'm plannig to buy a Spectre x360 with the 6th generation of Intel's CPU, but first I want to know if I can display 4K resolution through the HDMI. Will be using it for photo editing, thats why it is important for me to get that resolution. It will be connected to a Sony XBR-43X830C.

A:Spectre x360 Max Resolution over HDMI

Hi!, @Naveca90: Welcome, to Forum !. The HP Spectre x360 13-4101ns, of 6░ generation, have, the next ports ... Ports:Headphone output and microphone input combo jack (stereo).One mini Display  Port, supporting 2560x1600 max. 3200x2000 @60Hz.resolutionSupports HP USB Boost (Sleep and Charge) on both ports.AC Smart Pin adapter plug.USB 3.0 ports (2).HDMI  v1.4b supporting: Up to 1920x1200 @ 60Hz  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-x360-Max-Resolution-over-HDMI/td-p/5598568
Relevancy 32.68%

Is it able to add externel gpu in HP ENVY x360 - 15-u483cl (ENERGY STAR)????????

Relevancy 64.5%

I have  a hp spectre x360 model 13-4005dx and its LCD digitizer is cracked.My lab top still has the warranty but the customer service told me it is not under warranty.When I search the web too many people have the same problem. does Hp has any plan to solve this issue? how I can replace the digitizer, I went trough the pdf that you uploaded but there was nothing about changing the lcd digitizer.

A:hp spectre x360 model 13-4005dx LCD digitizer replacement

Hi @Amir8, Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand from your posts that you are having an issue with your HP Spectre x360 - 13-4005dx Notebook and the cracked LCD screen.  The new Panel will come with a display panel cable, microphones, hinges, webcam, and wirelessantenna cables and transceivers if ordering from HP. Other companies should be including these parts. I can not confirm any thing other than what HP does. Here is a link to order HP Parts, if you need it. Just select your Country or Region first.  Please get back to me how this goes. If this post helps you to resolve the issue you can click the Thumbs up icon to show gratitude! Please click the Accept as Solution, to the right of the Thumbs up icon, if your issues is resolved.   Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-spectre-x360-model-13-4005dx-LCD-digitizer-replacement/td-p/5599225
Relevancy 33.54%

I purchased a new screen because the screen cracked after 3 months. HP would take 2 weeks minimum to return my tablet and I couldn't wait as I use for business.  Found a refurbished screen through their site making this somewhat economical. There are two hinges on the bottom that attached the lcd panel to the main assembly.  Unfortunatley, screens cannot just be replaced, you have to replace the entire lcd.  Looking for instructions to unlatch the hinges and replace.  Thank you.

A:How do I install a new lcd on tablet Spectre X

Hello, Would you have  the product number or full model name of the notebook?   For the information below I'm assuming that we are working with the Spectre 13t-400 x360 notebook series. If not correct let us know.  Here is the maintence and service guide that can assist with the teardown of the notebook. http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04679496  Hope this Helps!

I am an HP employee.Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-I-install-a-new-lcd-on-tablet-Spectre-X/td-p/5273437
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello, I have an HP Spectre x360 i7 which is having some issues with CPU usage. Basically, even at idle with no programs open, the Desktop Window Manager process will eat up between %30-50 of the CPU in the task manager. I'm a bit worried/confused, as a computer this powerful should not be getting hot/using it's fan when checking e-mail, and this process isn't anything fancy.  Is anyone aware of some good troubleshooting moves? Known problems with the x360 i7? Known problems with the Windows 10 64-bit desktop windows manager process? Thanks in advance for your help.  Best regards,David 

A:HP Spectre x360 i7 having CPU usage issues

Hi @virtriumphalis, Welcome to the HP Forum! Thank you for joining the HP Forum community.  It is a great resource for information, tips, and solutions that have helped others. Here is a link to First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More as a guide should you have any concerns or questions about the process. I grasp that you are experiencing a high CPU usage and the notebook is overheating.  Here are two links that should help you with overcoming this difficulty.  HP Notebook PCs - Reducing Heat Inside the Laptop to Prevent Overheating and  HP PCs - Computer Is Slow (Windows 10).  Here are another two that may also help. They are not supported by HP but you may find them informative.  Any ads or third party software are also not endorsed by HP and you would use this information at your own risk. View CPU utilization and other performance information (from windows.microsoft.com) and Windows 10 -- high CPU usage is a real issue (from tenforums.com).Please keep me apprised of your progress. Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution"button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos. :catvery-happy

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-i7-having-CPU-usage-issues/td-p/5599207
Relevancy 31.82%

I got this Hp ENVY, Model 15-u110dx laptop recently. When I try to use the  Laptop in TENT mode, screen is not rotating. I dont use this option much. It was working before normally. But suddenly, I dont see the screen to rotate when I try to use laptop in TENT or Tablet mode. I searched the formum for such similar issue and I dont see anyone has reported that earrlier. Please adivce. 

A:HP Envy X360 - Screen not rotating in Tent mode

Hi @Jeevanand? ,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Envy X360  and the option not working in Tent mode. This function will be disabled in Tent mode. Only in Tablet mode. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Envy-X360-Screen-not-rotating-in-Tent-mode/td-p/5182400
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a brand new X360 that suddenly doesn't want to switch to tablet mode when flipped around.  I have the setting checked to ask me before switching, but the prompt never comes up.  What am I doing wrong?

A:Spectre X360 not switching to tablet mode

Let me also add that I just restored this laptop to factory from the restore partition, and it STILL won't go into tablet mode when flipped fresh out of the box.  I also can't get the screen to rotate.  This can't be a software issue, it worked when I first purchaesed it!!!  What do I do???

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Spectre-X360-not-switching-to-tablet-mode/td-p/5243344
Relevancy 31.82%

I just did a clean installation of Windows 10 on a client's Pavilion x360 2-in-1 (model 11-n010dx), and Windows won't automatically switch to/from Tablet Mode  the way it's supposed to (tent or tablet = Tablet Mode, laptop = normal mode). I took care to install all the available hardware drivers & utilities from the HP support site, especially those that seemed related to slate mode detection (GPIO, Virtual Buttons, HP System Event Utility, etc.).  I have no missing drivers or "Unknown devices" in Device Manager. Any suggestions are much appreciated.  

A:Pavilion x360: no Tablet Mode auto-switching in Windows 10

Hi @johnnyzero2a?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP Pavilion x360 11-n010dx and no Tablet Mode auto-switching in Windows 10. Here is a link that shows how to enable the screen function for the Notebook.  If you click on the Windows key and type Rotation lock does it show you that it is locked and can you unlock it?Please let me know how this goes.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-x360-no-Tablet-Mode-auto-switching-in-Windows-10/td-p/5262489
Relevancy 32.25%

I am the unhappy owner of a Pavilion x360, prod. no. M9G20EA#UUW. Major issues:About half the times the screen is upside down when I open the PC. Sometimes closing and reopening turns the screen around. Sometimes a restart is needed.The hardware keyboard and touchpad randomly gets de-activated. A complete restart is needed for reactivation.The machine has been in for service. The service company claims that the were no hardware errors, and reverted the OS back to windows 8 - which did not solve the issues. I see in this forum that many has similar problems with this model. I have tried all the suggestions I could find here. Onfortunately it hasn't helped. 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Pavilion x360 keyboard and screen issues

Just to follow up on this: HP transferred my "case" to the danish support, which contacted me by phone and was actually quite keen on helping me.I was send some drivers for display, chipset and touchpad, with instructions for installing them in a specific sequence.Unfortunately it did not solve the problem.I was then away for other business for a while, and when I came back to use the machine again, there was a display driver update from the HP Support Assistant app. Unfortunately the autoinstallation failed, but I managed to find the same driver on HP's product web-page and download and install it manually from there. I also found a newer version of the chipset driver, which I also installed.Installation of these drivers required a great deal of tinkering, including using a third part utility (supplied by HP) to completely remove the old display driver, several reboots into safe mode, etc.At the time of writing this I have experienced no keyboard issue for some time - hoping that it is gone completely. The issue with the screen being upside down is still there, but to a much lesser degree. Furthermore, the orientation sensor seems more sensitive, so that just jerking the screen back and forth a bit wil make it rotate into correct position.If this will continue to be the situation, I can live with it.But still: all this work to make a product work (almost) as advertised should not be necessary. It should work out of the box or at least with a quick, automated driver update.When I saw a large add at the airport the other day, promising that HP will "keep reinventing", I couldn't help wishing they would take a break, to secure that what they have already invented actually works as planned ;-) 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavilion-x360-keyboard-and-screen-issues/td-p/5577917
Relevancy 32.68%

My HP Pavilion x360 2 in 1 (brought in February this year) is plugged in but not charging. I can't remove the battery without opening the back panel which I don't want to do. It's plugged directly into  the wall socket with the cable provided with the notebook when it was purchased. Please advise on how to fix the problem. Many thanks

A:HP - Pavilion x360 2 in 1 Plugged in but not Charging

Hello @saxclone, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! The Forums are a great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I understand that you are having an issue with the notebook not charging, and wanted to assist you! First, try reviewing the following documents, and let me know how it goes:HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a ChargeHP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-x360-2-in-1-Plugged-in-but-not-Charging/td-p/5600820
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, We bought a bunch of Spectre x360's in Australia several months ago for our consultants, who frequently travel overseas. One of our consultants - currently overseas - reported a screen malfunction where the top quarter of the screen appeared as vertical bars, rendering that screen area useless. On contacting your technical support, I was told HP was unable to assist, because 1) the laptop was not in my possession and 2) the laptop was not in Australia. This is a pratically brand new, top-of-the-line, HP computer, that we have to courier internationally (rendering our consultant computerless), just to receive any form of support or acknowledgement of the issue. How are we supposed to do business this way?

A:new spectre x360 display malfunction

Hi @Andrew18, Welcome to the HP Forum! I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details. If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works  please review this link.  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/new-spectre-x360-display-malfunction/td-p/5601039
Relevancy 32.68%

I recently just purchased a HP Pavilion x360 11-k101na and on the first day of using it, it restarted by itself twice due to some sort of problem, and it froze once and I couldn't get it to work. I had to hold down to power button to shut it down which I hate doing and upon turning it back on, it just wouldn't. This is only the first day of usage and I'm afriad something is wrong with it. Just wondering if anyone else had these problems or how they can be fixed, or what's even causing them?

A:Pavilion x360 restarting by itself and freezing

If it is brand new and doing this I would call HP Warranty or better yet take it back to where you bought it if you have that option. It is rare, but not impossible to get a laptop with a bad hard drive right out of the box. This will just continue to cause troubles for you. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-x360-restarting-by-itself-and-freezing/td-p/5601281
Relevancy 64.93%

I'm putting in a new SSD in and when i try to install the operating system it fails at the installation phase cannot SSD, spectre x360 new install windows, Installing after partitioning and extracting windows files onto the ssd there is no error message given when it gets to installation phase it sais it is completed straight away as with the subsequent phases and then attempts to boot windows which obviously is not installed to which i get no boot Installing new SSD, cannot install windows, spectre x360 device found nbsp I notice now that the rating of the new ssd is v A and the old one is v A so im thinking it could be not enough power from the socket but surely if this were the case then the install wouldnt have been able read and write to the ssd nbsp after doing the above the repair windows tool can see an OS installed and when i select reset it starts and when it gets to about I will check in a minute whether its consistently it sais there was a problem reseting but does not give an error message nbsp nbsp i have also tried it with windows with the same happening nbsp

A:Installing new SSD, cannot install windows, spectre x360

Hi: I agree with you that if the power spec difference mattered, the drive wouldn't have worked at all, or the motherboard would have fried. Perhaps there is an issue with the storage controller driver...See if this works... Download the drivers from this link below first file listed -- 64 bit. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25165/Intel-Rapid-Storage-Technology-Intel-RST-RAID-Driver Extract (copy) the files onto a usb flash drive without any folders. With the flash drive and W10 installation media plugged into the machine, boot from the W10 installation media. After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option. You should now see the storage driver files listed. If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver. Follow the prompts and hopefully, W10 will install.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Installing-new-SSD-cannot-install-windows-spectre-x360/td-p/5601385
Relevancy 65.79%

Ever since I upgraded nbsp my HP Spectre x notebook to Windows I have nbsp not been able to use the Stereo Mix function to record audio produced by nbsp the machine I need to do this for the work I do - nbsp making audio copies of speeches on television for example - and have never struggled to activate the function on any other machine before nbsp After extensive web searches here are the things I already have tried nbsp Under Sound gt Recording Devices in the Control Panel right-clicked nbsp to show disabled and disconnected devices The only device I see Microphone - Intel Smart Sound Technology Nothing else appeared nbsp Downloaded and installed the latest audio drivers provided by HP on its customer support page it was the nbsp Realtek High-Definition HD Audio Driver nbsp Rev A released on November Nothing new appeared nbsp Downloaded and installed the latest Realtek drivers from Realtek's own website at realtek com Stereo the Windows Mix, Spectre and x360 10 tw Nothing new appeared nbsp I'm prepared to muck about in the registry to force Windows to activate Stereo Mix but I have no idea where to Stereo Mix, Windows 10 and the Spectre x360 look nbsp Is it significant that all my audio devices are listed as Intel Smart Sound Technology and not as Realtek nbsp Does anyone have any ideas

A:Stereo Mix, Windows 10 and the Spectre x360

MikeTheTintin, Happy New Year!  This problem with audio has been going on since 2014. I don't think the problem is with Intel, Microsoft ,Apple etc. The problem is HP!!  This company could not find it' s "bleep"  with both hands. Now the "snake" has two heads.  Run! do not walk to nearest exit and don't look back!!! Ham123

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Stereo-Mix-Windows-10-and-the-Spectre-x360/td-p/5445514
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, looking for a convertible, X360 style, laptop. The IT guy says I need i7 with dedicated graphics and it needs to be able to replace my desktop so run dual screens, hook up to the network, sit off to the side of my desk while I use a full keyboard. The HP Envy X360 seems to tick the i7 and graphics card boxes but I just can't find out whether there is anyway to replicate a normal docking station....anyone able to help?

A:HP Envy X360 Business Use

Hi!, @Hlrock: For Help you, Can, indicate the model complet and P/N (Product number), of your netbook ?.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Envy-X360-Business-Use/td-p/5602017
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, looking for a convertible, X360 style, laptop. The IT guy says I need i7 with dedicated graphics and it needs to be able to replace my desktop so run dual screens, hook up to the network, sit off to the side of my desk while I use a full keyboard. The HP Envy X360 seems to tick the i7 and graphics card boxes but I just can't find out whether there is anyway to replicate a normal docking station....anyone able to help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Envy-X360-Business-Use/td-p/5602014
Relevancy 32.68%

when I flip my laptop into tablet mode the keyboard stays live, so I end up type things all over the screen. Is there a way to manually disable the keyboard? Or am I missing something?

A:disable keyboard on HP envy X360

Hi @manda2011?, Welcome to the HP Forums!  It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. Learn How to Post and More  I understand that when you fold your Envy X360 into the tablet position the keyboard remains active. I believe that it should automatically disable or suspend the keyboard function. Have you done all your Windows updates? Have you checked for viruses and malware? MS Malicious Software Removal Tool Have you ran the Windows troubleshooter? Have you ran the  HP Support Assistant ? If this is a recent change you can do a restore back to when it functioned correctly.HP PCs - Using Microsoft System Restore (Windows 8) I would first try a HP PCs - Refresh Your PC to Resolve Problems (Windows 8).  This will reinstall the original operating system but should not affect your personal files.  I do recommend doing a backup first just in case. Next would be to do a full recovery back to factory.HP PCs - Performing an HP system recovery (Windows 8) You will note that an opportunity to backup your data is provided during the recovery process.  If you have not yet done one now would be the time. HP PCs - Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows 8)  If this was a recent purchase you should be in warranty and can contact HP support for assistance. Please contact HP support at Contact HP Support  To say thanks please click the thumbs up button below. If this resolved the issue, please tell people by choosing solution provided.  This will allow it to be located with greater ease.  Best of Luck! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/disable-keyboard-on-HP-envy-X360/td-p/5133363
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello, i have a HP Pavilion x360 11 - k120nd where i want to replace the current HDD for an SSD. to this purpase i purchased a Crucial MX200 500GB SSD. I have tested this drive in another workstation and it works correctly. However, when i swap the HDD in the tablet/laptop the system states there is no drive; Error 301. Is there any way i can make this work; is there a BIOS setting i need to change before the drive is detected?The drive is brand spanging new and tested OK in a desktop.

A:HP Pavilion x360 11 - k120nd - Install SSD drive

Hi @tmaniac,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with installing a SSD. I will be glad to help you. Per page 17 of the  Maintenance and Service Guide .  This computer has only been test with a 500-GB, 5400-rpm, 8 GB hybrid SSD, 7.0-mm part number 732000-005 and up to 128 GB SSD part numbers 809555-001 and 830391-001. Please keep me informed of how things went. If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help you.Please let me know if this resolves the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution".To simply say thanks, click the Thumbs up below!  Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-x360-11-k120nd-Install-SSD-drive/td-p/5602640
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,  Need some information before buying this awesome 13.3 ultrabook with all USB-C port with windows 10 and a FullHD IPS touch screen dsplay which is better on day light.I own a Does th USB-C port from this laptop support a USB-C type PCI-E expander, so I could add external Graphic cards for editing or high-end gamings.Ref links ofr the spectre;http://store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/Laptops/spectre-355003--1#!&Tab=vao Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/USB-C-on-Hp-Spectre-13-v021nr/td-p/5603682
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I have bought a Spectre X with core nbsp i GB RAM and SSD It says that the battery nbsp is up to Spectre X360 issue! battery life hours However my laptop have not been staying more than hours and it's quite hot Most nbsp of the time I just let it runs nbsp a BlueStack app I have made a test nbsp as below DESIGN CAPACITY mWhFULL CHARGE CAPACITY mWhCYCLE COUNT - nbsp Battery life estimatesBattery life estimates based on observed drainsPERIOD nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ACTIVE AT FULL CHARGE - ACTIVE AT FULL CHARGE - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Spectre X360 battery life issue! nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp - - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp - - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp - - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp - - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp - - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp - - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp - - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp - - - nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp nbsp Current estimate of battery life based on all observed drains since OS installSince OS install nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp - nbsp Has nbsp my laptop got problem with the battery life Thanks

A:Spectre X360 battery life issue!

Greetings for the day dqthehoang, Regarding the battery life and battery backup that has been mentioned here, when the unit says battery upto 12hours, on a idle situation the battery life is upto 12hours or when you are using minimal applications, There are certain applications which would use more battery power, check when you are using any particular application if the battery drains, try updating BIOS through HP.com and Try running battery test through HPSA to check the functionality of the battery, Perform battery calibration on a timely manner to keep the battery in good shape. Regards,Zoan  Please click ?Accept as Solution ? if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.Click the ?Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say ?Thanks? for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-X360-battery-life-issue/td-p/5126503
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello everyone,so suddenly and for reason my laptop (HP Spectre X360) stopped workin  and it shows no sign of life anymore, the only led works now is the charging led, when I plug in my charger it lits in white that's it!! no other lights or any feedback from the pc!! it's less than 6 months old now and never had any issues with it before! I went to bestbuy and they said it might be the motherboard that needs to be replaced, so idk if anyone of you had the issue before? and if the motherboard has been replaced would I lose all my data? and do they even need to access my data to replace the motherboard??thanks,,,

A:Hp Spectre X360 13.3 does not start

Hi @Murtadha05,Thanks for becoming a member of the HP Support Forums. I understand you are having an issue with the computer not booting. I will be glad to help you. Please post the full product number of your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? Does the computer make any sounds eg coling fan?Please get back to me with above information, so I can help you better.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-Spectre-X360-13-3-does-not-start/td-p/5604015
Relevancy 65.79%

After I have been using spectre x360 for a couple weeks, I noticed that the hinge is quite loose particularly at 90 to 180 degrees. And I can wobble it at some point without using any force. Moreover, when I hold the base while the screen is more than 90 degrees and shake the notebook a little bit, the screen will bend far to the back. It looks like the hinge is too loose and can not hold the weight of the screen. Is there any way to tighten it?Thanks.

A:Loose hinge on Spectre X360

@johster
?Thank you for using HP Support Forum. I have brought your issue to the appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).If you are unfamiliar with the Forum's private messaging please click here to learn more.Thank you,Omar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Loose-hinge-on-Spectre-X360/td-p/5004493
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello, I did a clean windows 8.1 install on my HP stream x360, (not the HP WIN8.1 recovery mode)  downloaded all drivers here from the HP website. Everything worked accept the touchscreen.  In system i see "no pen or touch is available for this display".  Pen and Touch is missing in control panel., also Tablet PC settings is missing.  Is there any touchscreen driver available for the HP Stream x360 ?  Thanks in advance . Marcel

A:Touchscreen driver HP stream x360

After installing the drivers http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=7579... and the touch screen still not working... Check if touch screen is enabled/disabled:Device manager > Human Interface devices > Right click "HID compliant touch screen" > Click enable Make us know if it worked!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Touchscreen-driver-HP-stream-x360/td-p/4800776
Relevancy 32.25%

Just bought this laptop for my son's birthday One of the things he'll want to do with it is play Minecraft In Minecraft you move by pressing a letter from the W-A-S-X diamond and using the mouse or touchpad to alter direction i o w to steer nbsp That doesn't work on this laptop When one of the letters is held down to initiate motion the touchpad is prevented from steering If I let the letter go steering returns immediately but of course it is useless because I'm not moving nbsp The won't Touchpad point letter down X360 while is key held touchpad control panel has an option that ought to fix this but doesn't Under ClickPad Settings SmartSense Settings there is a slider labeled Pointing disabled time after X360 Touchpad won't point while letter key is held down keystroke Sounds promising right I move it all the way to the left - the minimal setting - but doing so doesn't affect anything in the game I still can't steer while moving I tried turning SmartSense off entirely and that didn't do anything either nbsp I updated the touchpad control software This driver is just a couple X360 Touchpad won't point while letter key is held down of weeks old nbsp If I don't get this fixed I have to return the laptop much to my son's disappointment and try another model I'd rather not have to do that Any ideas will be MUCH appreciated nbsp Thanks for reading

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/X360-Touchpad-won-t-point-while-letter-key-is-held-down/td-p/5604783
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I bought a new HP spectre x For my job I need to run simulation trought OpenFOAM so it's easyer for me to use Linux nbsp Nearly everything work out of the box except one things sound nbsp I post a bug on launchpad here the link HP linux on x360 spectre Bug Hp spectre x nbsp It as nearly everything you need to debug the phenomena I know that you don't officially suport linux on that computer but it would be fun to be at least linux compatible nbsp Thing I know There was a bug that really look HP spectre x360 on linux like this one on the Dell XPS The bug was in the bios wich was setting the sound card to alternative mode that was not working I think is the same here I need to find a way to tell the bios to load everything like if it is windows Yeah I just ask no special treatement nbsp nbsp Thank you I will give all support you need I really wish to correct this bug nbsp PS HP if you correct this bug you will sell three more of those computer they all want one in the lab nbsp Follow up It's seem that we are now hable to use the lagacy mode from the sound card It's good but not perfect The fix for the i c will come soon the latest kernel code ask about a mysterious drivers file that doesn't exist right now in the linux firmware directories So this case is close because the issue as been addressed Follow the launchpad bug for furter improvement nbsp nbsp SOLUTION MAY NOT BE THE SAME FOR YOUR DISTRIBUTION nbsp From Spano nbsp If you use gummiboot you should have something like that nbsp options acpi osi Windows acpi osi Windows acpi backlight vendor root dev sda rw nbsp The selected solution under this post is for Debian based distribution I will put the solution for other distribution on this post if they are on the forum You don't find it Adjust the solution to fit your distribution and post-it you will make people happy nbsp Solved View Solution

A:HP spectre x360 on linux

I SOLVED IT! After hours of pain, i can now use the built in soundcard with headphones, as well as the internal speakers. HOW TO: Edit grub config by doing:'sudo vim /etc/default/grub' Edit the line:GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash'" To:GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash acpi_backlight=vendor acpi_osi='!Windows 2013' acpi_osi='!Windows 2012'" Then run:'sudo update-grub' Reboot TWO times. BOOM! Sound works in headphones. The sound card is now in HDA mode (not I2S). To confirm, run:'aplay -l' and make sure you have the following in the output: 'card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC3242 Analog [ALC3242 Analog]  Subdevices: 0/1  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0'I'm running kernel Linux spectre 3.19.0-21-generic #21-Ubixuntu SMP on Ubuntu x64. BR,Ingmar  EDIT: Even the speakers are working, they were just muted in Alsamixer. Hallelulja!EDIT2: Added the 'acpi_backlight=vendor' parameter to the options line, based on @spano 's input. Thanks!EDIT3: Fix as pointed out by venividivici24

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-spectre-x360-on-linux/td-p/4980797
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello, My HP Envy x360 15t convertible notebook is displaying an error on the battery icon. It says "12% available (plugged in, not charging)". The battery will charge to 100% if turned off, but will not when in use. I have searched and see many posts with a similar problem, but none of the solutions offered have worked. Here are the fixes I have tried: Uninstall Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and re-startPerformed hard re-set for notebooks with a factory sealed batteryAllowed battery to completely drain, and then re-charge to 100%Within HP Support Assistant:Battery Check - Primary Battery: OKChecked for updates, and installed all Any additional ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you!    

A:HP Envy x360 Convertible - Plugged in, not charging

Hi @Pink70? ,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY x360 Convertible PC and issues with the battery charging while plugged in and on. I have checked into this and it would see that is is a power loss issue. Plug the power adapter directly into a functioning wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue. If that does not solve this, please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/Case number and phone number appear.They will be happy to assist you immediately. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Envy-x360-Convertible-Plugged-in-not-charging/td-p/5191169
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,  bit help needed please,  since updated my laptop to windows 10 it just will not shut down, i have tried all the usual power options etc but if I am on it longer than half an hour and shut down, the screen goes off but nothing else, power button still lit up and discs whirring, i always have to shut down by holding the power button in for several seconds.I have searched the forums and seen downloads for EMEI driver, but not sure if this is the same driver for all laptops, or if this will actually fix the problem and not cause any other problems.Any help would be appreciated as I am getting nowhere with HP, Thanks

A:pavilion x360 shut down issue since win 10 update

tracy44 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about shutdown problems since the Win10 Upgrade and wanted to help.Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8) | HP« Customer SupportHow to Resolve Post-Win10 Upgrade Issues on HP Laptops ... - HP Support Forum - 5209825Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/pavilion-x360-shut-down-issue-since-win-10-update/td-p/5605909
Relevancy 33.11%

My laptop sometimes shuts off its screen and goes to sleep while I am using it. For instance, I might be writing a paper and touching only the keyboard on a desk, and it would arbitrarily shut off the screen while I am typing. I know for sure I did not press any of the buttons on the sides since it was on a table. Is there a problem with windows 10? I am also having trouble logging into my laptop. Often times, I need to input my password two or three times because it says "We cannot log you in at this time, please use the last password used on this device." This is a minor problem, but it is very irritating when I am trying to share something on my laptop and I am wasting someone else's time trying to log into my own computer.  Thank you!

A:HP Spectre Shuts Off and Difficulty Logging In

Hi @KrysKiwi, I understand that you laptop shuts off unexpectedly and asks you to login with password several times without success sometimes. You can follow the steps on this link Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) to verify if the hardware is working well. If there is no problem with hardware, please run HP Support Assistant to update all the drivers. And go to the Power Options settings to restore to the default.  Please let me know is these methods help. If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me a Kudos.       

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-Shuts-Off-and-Difficulty-Logging-In/td-p/5605952
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a pavilion x360 with a power up password i can't remember, i was without using it since January. I have tried a master code calculator but without sucess. I don't wan a lose my files :'(When entering 3 times wrong, it displays the message:"System Disabled[ 84461430 ]" I could not even find a way to format it without bypass the bios password i put in it before...What can i do? =/

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Forgotten power up password - HP Pavilion X360

Sorry so spam, but i figured it out using another binary to calculate the code, on this link.http://dogber1.blogspot.com.br/2009/05/table-of-reverse-engineered-bios.html I used the "Insyde H20 (generic)" binary and it worked!The code was 31549416Found the methods in this same forum. Thanks for all and sorry to spam, but now its shown for others to see! Cya!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Forgotten-power-up-password-HP-Pavilion-X360/td-p/5114777
Relevancy 64.93%

I recently purchased the Spectre x360 (13-4003dx) along with the Bamboo Stylus feel Carbon. Unforunately, the stylus was not compatiable with the Spectre and I had to return it (after reaching out their customer support). I still want an Active Pen/Stylus for my Spectre to take precise notes with OneNote and I want to know which stylus/pen are compatibile with the Spectre (e.g. if the HP Active Pen J4R51AA#ABL is compatiable).  Thanks!

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Spectre x360 Active Pen/Stylus Compatibility

Check out these options: http://h30094.www3.hp.com/product/sku/11144407/mfg_partno/K8P73AA http://store.hp.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/us/en/pdp/accessories-88342--1/hp-active-pen Either should be compatible! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Spectre-x360-Active-Pen-Stylus-Compatibility/td-p/4934293
Relevancy 31.82%

My power button lights up, I can hear the fan in the computer running and my screen lights up (to an extent) however, the screen is still black and unusable

A:Hp envy x360 screen lights up a shade of black but nothing e...

SydneyD1229 Hello;Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!I read your post about your PC having a black screen and wanted to help.Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try: HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boo...Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution".========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-envy-x360-screen-lights-up-a-shade-of-black-but-nothing/td-p/5606435
Relevancy 64.5%

On my HP Spectre x360, the touchpad is still active when the laptop is in tablet mode.  The keyboard is disabled as expected however.  Is there a setting that can also disable the touchpad in tablet mode?

A:HP Spectre x360 - Touchpad not disabled in tablet mode

Hello,  Did this happen Out of Box or after you owned the notebook for sometime?  Is the keyboard itself functional as well or just the touchpad?

I am an HP employee.Make it easier for others to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Spectre-x360-Touchpad-not-disabled-in-tablet-mode/td-p/4996950
Relevancy 64.93%

I've encountered [Spectre Any reverse touchpad to way x360] scrolling? a problem with the touchpad After using a the regular scrolling option on a chromebook having to [Spectre x360] Any way to reverse touchpad scrolling? break the habit by scrolling down by swiping up is no small annoyance I [Spectre x360] Any way to reverse touchpad scrolling? also use a regular mouse often too so simply reversing all scrolling would be hard to get used to nbsp I've looked online and found that other notebooks have a feature called precision touchpad that allows them to reverse scrolling Naturally I decided to test the method myself by going to nbsp [Spectre x360] Any way to reverse touchpad scrolling? Mouse and Touchpad under nbsp PC Settings Sadly there was nothing there to change scrolling nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Obviously that wouldn't do so I kept up the search I then stumbled upon another way to change scrolling direction through nbsp Mouse Properties Going to the nbsp ClickPad Settings and enabling the scrolling option yielded no results nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Normally I'd love to fix things by myself but this time I need some help If anyone has any solutions that would be amazing nbsp

A:[Spectre x360] Any way to reverse touchpad scrolling?

Hello @kuznecof?, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community! I came across your post about reversing the TouchPad, and wanted to help! There is a way to do this, however it is located in the Two-Finger Scrolling settings window.  In that window, you can click the check mark to enable the reverse scrolling direction.  Please review the following resources to assist you if needed:HP Notebook PCs - Using and Troubleshooting the TouchPad or ClickPad (Windows 8)[Solved]Invert/Reverse 2 Two finger Touchpad scrolling direction Reverse Reversed Scroll Synaptics (Not a HP supported Web site). Please let me know if this information was helpful by clicking the "thumbs up" below.Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-Any-way-to-reverse-touchpad-scrolling/td-p/5131267
Relevancy 32.25%

HI x360 pavilion since charge Upgrade 10 won't WIndows hp There Ever since I upgraded from Windows to my HP Pavilion x has been a complete wreck Including charging and sound issues I've been able to resolve the sound issue hp pavilion x360 won't charge since WIndows 10 Upgrade by using device manager and uninstalling the drivers entirely I have done the same for the charging problem but to no avail-restart after restart it refuses to charge This -in- tablet pc was purchased about a year ago And has only had problems since the upgrade nbsp I do not feel comfortable removing the battery as the batter on this particular model is actually enclosed in the casing As I mentioned I've uninstalled the battery drivers from device managers a few times nbsp Is there A way to get the battery to take a charge without removing it i e troubleshooting site A way to roll they OS all the way back to Windows I've tried rolling it back a few versions but I'm still in Windows nbsp Thanks for your help

A:hp pavilion x360 won't charge since WIndows 10 Upgrade

Hello @teisenbraun?, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I read your post about the battery issue, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? In the meantime, you can try reviewing the following documents, to see if the battery issue can be resolved:HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge To return to your previous Operating System, you can use the Go back to an earlier build option, in your System Settings: HP Notebook PCs - Upgrading to Windows 10 However, this feature is only available for 28 days, after the installation of Windows 10.  If you are already passed the 28 days, then you will need Recovery Media, or a Windows disc in order to go back to a previous Operating System. Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as  "Accept as Solution" , this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-pavilion-x360-won-t-charge-since-WIndows-10-Upgrade/td-p/5346884
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello, I just bought a Targus stylus (http://targus.com/us/stylus-for-tablets-and-smartphones-black-amm01tbus) to use with my HP Spectre x360. Unfortunately it doesn't work very well with the touchscreen; I have to press it so hard that the screen wobbles back and forth. I find this strange because it is very sensitive when I use my finger; a light touch is enough. Is there a setting where I can remedy this? I tried Calibrate, but it seemed to only calibrate for location, not sensitivity. Or, would anyone recommend a specific stylus other than the HP Active Stylus? I just want a simple, non-battery-operated stylus to use to draw and take notes without smudging my screen with fingerprints. Thank you,Chuck

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touchscreen-sensitivity-using-stylus-with-Spectre-x360/td-p/5607225
Relevancy 65.79%

I bought nbsp my computer months ago Got a first issue with the headphone not working i brought it back and x360 hp cracked screen spectre they replace it with a new one This is in between there days return and replace policy since then no problem beside the sound on this computer is poor but i hp spectre x360 screen cracked am always working with headphone or bluetooth The other day i open my computer on the morning and find a little scratch How can you scratch your computer when you just open it min after the scratch became a crack and got the bottom left of my computer to the middle top Then decide to reach HP support to send my computer to repair Thinking that it is under the warranty But not No warranty for screen damage This is a defect problem that HP should cover or recal the computer They shouldn't leave there customer unhappy with their product and their customer service handling situation Beside they will charge me for repair This is not fair that some people with the same problem get covered and other not This is the last time i buy HP product Use to love them not anymore A big company like HP prefer to have people pist of than to take care of them

A:hp spectre x360 screen cracked

@frenchspotting

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-spectre-x360-screen-cracked/td-p/5607435
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello nbsp Well like nbsp some folks Im having problems with my brand new Not even a week old HP on x360 and Hiss Noise ENVY Crackling 15T HP Envy x T nbsp Notebook Specs i u w HD Graphics GB RAM TB HDDB amp O AudioFHD IPS Screen Touch The issue is Terrible Crackling Noise Hiss and Noise problems in Speakers and Headphones After doing some troubleshooting myself I pin pointed the issue to the Bang amp Olufsen Audio Codec nbsp The issue became aparent when I updated the Realtek Driver to the lastest version last night There werent any noises before after upgrading to Windows The notebook came with W but after installing the Realtek drivers the noise began If I unplug the notebook a horrible crackling noise will happen and its in sync with the brightness level of the screen being lower when entering battery mode If I plug Crackling Noise and Hiss on HP ENVY x360 15T AC the noise will POP and level out nbsp Before installing the Realtek Drivers the only issue I had was ground static in headphone mode I could hear the HDD spinning on the headphones if there werent any music or sound playing but the noise was muffled If I nbsp played anything like music or youtube video Then with the new realtek drivers the noise was horrible Crackling Noises and Hiss nbsp are completely evident over the music our sound being played Even on the speakers it is noticeable nbsp nbsp nbsp New issues on B amp O Audio Codec Control Panel B amp O Sound Enhance nbsp Has never worked on Headphones but at least the EQ Worked After the Realtek Driver Update B amp O EQ has stopped working and the B amp O Modes that used to dimm out when the headphones were plugged in are now available and can be changed with no noticeable difference This is the key B amp O Codec is having issues with the new Realtek Driver EQ Now only works on Speaker Mode and not on Headphone Mode Also in device Manager it now shows Headphones as a separate Hardware I Confirmed this over HP Support B amp O is now in nbsp schedule for an Update to make it compatible to Windows By how the Support Clerk wrote it it seems B amp O is not fully compatible with Windows And the Realtek Update made it evident nbsp So If your having issues with your Sound on your x Notebook with B amp O Audio then this could be the issue nbsp nbsp Hope this helps anybody Right now I havent found a way to Fully Disable B amp O Codec without uninstalling it and since there is no way to download it again I choose to wait for the updated Codec

A:Crackling Noise and Hiss on HP ENVY x360 15T

One thing that did work was disabling multiple audio deviced on the B&O Control Panel that got rid of the Crackling sound in headphone mode... But speaker mode is still affected.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/Crackling-Noise-and-Hiss-on-HP-ENVY-x360-15T/td-p/5212675
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a new Spectre since few days, and second time I use it plugged to the charger I get a steady clock speed of 0.36GHz, no matter if any app is fully loading all the cores of the CPU. When I disconnect the charger, it goes to normal dynamic clock speed from 30% up to above 115%. As soon as I connect the charger, it goes steady 12 - 14%. I have tried to reboot, to power off, to change the power profiles in Windows, I set the "Maximum performance" profile, but nothing is changing. As soon as I connect the charger.... I get the speed of a 486.   Shall I live on batteries only ? Thanks for the support.

A:Spectre x360 BUG in clock management, PC running at 0.39 GHz...

Update. I have discovered that once the battery reaches 85% the CPU clock is ok. I have tried to go don to 82% on battery and then plugging it on charge and the issue was again there up to 85% of battery.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-BUG-in-clock-management-PC-running-at-0-39-GHz/td-p/5607756
Relevancy 33.54%

I am adding to this forum because this is May 4, 2016 and the problem has been noted on the forum since October 2015. If I had read the forum prior to purchasing, I would not have purchased this laptop or I would have investigated to be certain the problem has been fixed. I am sooooo disappointed in HP.I really don't know what to do now.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/my-new-360-spectre-won-t-turn-back-on/td-p/5608518
Relevancy 32.25%

My laptop left hinges just broken, what should i do?? Can I fix it? Please help 

A:Left hinge broken in Envy SPECTRE XT laptop

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Left-hinge-broken-in-Envy-SPECTRE-XT-laptop/td-p/5608652
Relevancy 64.5%

I just did a clean install of Windows on my laptop, and one of the things that I'm missing from before is the HP recommended power settings, which gave me better battery life than any of Windows' build in power options. I tried looking on the driver download page for my model, but I didn't see anything that seemed like it would restore this option. Does anyone know if there is a way to reinstall this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Recommended-Power-Plan-for-Spectre-x360-13-4193dx/td-p/5608691
Relevancy 33.11%

Can any one suggest an external battery that can charge the Spectre X2 12" detachable via USB-C?

A:Spectre X2 12" detachable external battery via USB-C

I too would also like to find an external battery pack and/or cable that can charge the x2. Although the Spectre x2 has relatively poor battery life, I was willing to purchase it as it charges via USB-C and I incorrectly assumed any high-power USB charger or external battery pack would charge it. I've tried a number of USB chargers and battery packs with a Belkin USB-A to USB-C charger cable and have had no luck charging the Spectre x2.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-X2-12-quot-detachable-external-battery-via-USB-C/td-p/5403864
Relevancy 33.54%

My son uses the HP Spectre, its only a couple of months old.  He reported that there are times it would not wake up unless attached to power, even if it would have plenty of charge.  I was using it yesterday and the top detatched accidently and slipped off backwards receiving a small knock, the screen blanked.  It will not power on at all now, even when attached to power overnight.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Spectre-not-powering-up/td-p/5608799
Relevancy 32.25%

What kind of Stylus or Pen needed for the HP Pavilion x360 Notebook, Model No. 13-s102TU. Kindly mail me the pen model no. and other details so that i will purchase and use it on my HP Pavilion x360 Notebook, Model No. 13-s102TU (Microsoft Window 10)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/What-kind-of-Stylus-or-Pen-needed-for-the-HP-Pavilion-x360/td-p/5608854
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi, I bought a new HP Spectre x360 from John Lewis this week and I've had an issue where some text in google chrome, applications, and particularly in dialogue boxes, appears to be blurry. Every half an hour or so, Windows 10 will tell me that the Intel HD Display driver has crashed and has recovered.  I checked the display settings and text size is set to 150% by default, the resolution is set at the recommended 1920 x 1080. I tried to install the newest Intel Graphics Driver, but when I did and extracted the files, a dialogue box tells me that the computer doesn't meet the minimum requirements for installing the software. I've also tried running the HP Support Assistant app that came pre-installed but it couldn't detect any new graphics drivers.  How can I fix this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Spectre-x360-Display-Driver-Crashing/td-p/5608911
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,  I have a 7 month old HP Spectre X360 notebook and cannot get the backslash key to work with the built in keyboard or touchscreen keyboard.  When i use the touchscreen keyboard & press backslash key, it highlights the Ctrl key on the touchscreen keyboard.  When i press on the built in keyboard, i get nothing. My laptop was recently sent back to HP due to a power failure & returned repaired, so i don't know if this is occuring since it returned or was always like this. My setttings are English/Ireland and keyboard languages are English/GA and English/UK.  Windows 10 64 bit with all the latest updates. Any help would be appreciated. thanks, Terry

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-X360-keyboard-backslash-key-not-working/td-p/5608945
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello - nbsp I am looking to standardize on the new HP Spectre -v- nr at my company nbsp My question relates to the USB Type-C port and power delivery nbsp When the Spectre is in UFP mode Power source nbsp powering an external USB type-C device which power delivery profiles are supported nbsp The new USB power delivery spec provides the following profiles and I am most interested in understanding which profiles are supported by this new laptop nbsp nbsp The power-delivery 13-v021nr: Type-C HP USB Spectre Delivery Power spec allows for a maximum voltage of V the previous -V spec and a maximum HP Spectre 13-v021nr: USB Type-C Power Delivery current of A more than the previous max of A The power-delivery spec also classifies power sources in terms of profiles Profile Default Startup W V A Profile W V A - gt V A Profile W V A - gt V A Profile Micro B AB limit W V A - gt V A Profile Standard B AB limit W V A - gt V A nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Notebooks/HP-Spectre-13-v021nr-USB-Type-C-Power-Delivery/td-p/5609011
Relevancy 64.93%

I was planning on purchasing the nbsp Spectre x - t with the higher end processor the i - U with longer x360 - proces... with the 6560U no Spectre available 15t the Iris graphics A little over a week ago I checked and this was still an option When I checked this week you Spectre x360 - 15t no longer available with the 6560U proces... can no longer select this processor Under the Features - gt nbsp Additional Features nbsp nbsp - gt Graphics section it lists the -inch model as having the Iris graphics However only the U has the Iris graphics Now the highest grade processor that you can select is the U which only has the HD graphics nbsp nbsp Does anyone know why the U was removed from the options Will it be returning and if so when Are they planning on releasing an even higher end processor nbsp I tried to ask HP sales about this but they didn't help at all All that they can look at is the same information that I can see on the configuration screen So any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Spectre x360 - 15t no longer available with the 6560U proces...

I am interested in this as well. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-news/press-release.html?id=2151247#.Vv_zadC2eZM says the 15" version will be available with Iris graphics but the highest option I see is Intel HD 520. I talked to a sales rep who told me the 520 is Iris but looking at http://ark.intel.com/products/family/88392/6th-Generation-Intel-Core-i[email protected] shows the 540 found in the 6560 is the Iris equipped model.That same press release also mentions an OLED equipped 13" model which I also am unable to find on the website. I would like some clarification if these two models are forthcoming or have been cancelled. EDIT: Looking further it looks like the model with the 6560u is the HP Spectre x360 15-ap007nd which is listed on the HP Netherlands store http://store.hp.com/NetherlandsStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=V4P02EA&opt=ABH&sel=NTB  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-x360-15t-no-longer-available-with-the-6560U/td-p/5568202
Relevancy 31.82%

HELLO MY NAME IS TREVON AND I BROUGHT MY LAPTOP FROM A FRIEND WHO WASNT USING IT NO MORE BECAUSE HIS HARD DRIVE DIED ON HIM I HAVE PURCHASED A BRAND NEW HARD DRIVE FROM ONLINE 500GB WORKS WELL I OURCHASED WINDOWS 8.1 AD INSTALLED IT BUT AS SOON AS I FINISHED SETTING IT UP  I INSTALLED EVERYTHING RIGHT I REALIZED THE TOUCH SCREEN ISNT WOKING PERIOD ONLY  TIME THE TOUCH SCREEN WORKS IS IN THE BIOS SYSTEM THATS WEIRD I THOUGHT SO I HAVE BEEN SEARCHING  FOR ALMOST 2 MONTHS FOR A DRIVER OR HELP  SO ID FIGURE ID COME TO YOU GUYS 

A:HP PAVILION X360 11-N010DX NO TOUCH SCREE DRIVER NEED HELP

Hi @SALEEN-KIDD  Welcome to the HP Support Forums! In answer to your request, the drivers for that model of notebook can be found here:HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 PC (ENERGY STAR) - Software & Drivers I hope this helps.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-PAVILION-X360-11-N010DX-NO-TOUCH-SCREE-DRIVER-NEED-HELP/td-p/4861010
Relevancy 33.54%

Would like befo re ordering cromo hp the ˝ame of a porta le dvd compatible  with the spectre 360 15 inches

A:Ame of dvd player compatible with spectre 360

Any usb 3 dvd burner drive would work fine.  http://www.amazon.com/Portable-External-Macbook-Desktop-Laptop-Silver/dp/B01CPRF85M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UT...    

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Ame-of-dvd-player-compatible-with-spectre-360/td-p/5609662
Relevancy 33.11%

I have just purchased the HP Spectre x - dx I have been looking forward to getting this laptop for a few weeks but I am having a lot of annoyances with this laptop The biggest mistake may have been purchasing this laptop HP authorized refurbished Upon arrival I updated all the drivers ran HP assistant and let windows update nbsp I am looking for feedback and advice from fellow Spectre owners to problems - / Spectre Keyboard Trackpad see if I can get this laptop to a satisfactory condition Here is a list of some of the problems I have encountered nbsp This trackpad is almost unusable for me I wish to move the Spectre problems - Trackpad / Keyboard cursor with one finger then click using my other hand s finger but the trackpad goes into two-finger scrolling mode and rejects the click I can click with one hand but for rapid tasks I would like to be able to click as if there was a true button I ve explored all the trackpad options and there appears to be no way to correct this Furthermore the trackpad seems to completely ignore clicking frequently I can try keep trying to click and nothing will happen The keyboard seems to stick when the buttons haven t been pressed in a while Especially the tab control shift and space bar There is an extremely loud snap crunch when these buttons are pressed for the first time after which they remain quiet This is quite embarrassing I haven t seen anyone reporting this issue Trackpad is loose it wobbles and makes excessive noise I have seen the electrical tape modification fix for this Guess I will have to open up the laptop and correct this It seems that the processor slows down frequently without user input I have been installing many programs setting up laptop and the programs will come almost to a halt and the CPU shows it is running at GHz If I move he mouse around it will resume at a normal speed GHz I have to do this every few minutes to keep the laptop running at a normal speed The laptop otherwise moves slower than my year old Acer I was looking for something powerful but this has been a big disappointment for a th gen i core This seems to affect WiFi speeds read write speeds as well I can t for example let files transfer from my external hard drive to the laptop because it is unbelievably slow read speeds were Mbps when I left the laptop unattended Same with internet downloads I came back to the laptop and estimated download time was hours long but when I move the cursor it sped up and finished in minutes The laptop did not come with the soft case I was hoping to use it to prevent scratches during transportation Should he refurbished unit come with this If not is it available for purchase I have had a blue screen of death with error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Anyone had a similar issue A minor annoyance but has anyone been able to completely remove the Synaptics icon from the task bar I can go into the settings and select don t display task bar icon The setting will keep until I restart then the icon returns to the task bar Similarly can the Bang amp Olufsen icon be removed without uninstalling I don t see a setting for this one The charging conenctor unplugs itself over time Even sitting on my desk with minimal movement it worked itself almost half way out I love this laptop's beautiful design and specs but I the trackpad keyboard issues may drive me insane if I can't correct them nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Spectre problems - Trackpad / Keyboard

I was able to fix the Synaptics icon removal from the task bar. The problem was actually that none of the settings would remain after a restart (didn't notice until later). The fix was to change a registry value as follows:  Open up regedit.exe Navigate to:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install Note this is LOCAL MACHINE, not CURRENT USER. Look for a key in that Install folder called DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade Double click and change the value to 0  Source: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-synaptics-touc... 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Spectre-problems-Trackpad-Keyboard/td-p/5609867