Windows Support Forum

installing a SSD into Z600 Workstation.

Q: installing a SSD into Z600 Workstation.

Hi, Description explains it all, I've been thinking of replacing my current HDD for a SSD. I haven't done much researching on this myself but thought I would check here just encase there's any known issues/pit falls with installing a ssd into z600 workstation, I will be looking at adding a 1TB ssd. 1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ? 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations? 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks? Any info would be appreciated, Griff

Solved!
View Solution.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: installing a SSD into Z600 Workstation.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: installing a SSD into Z600 Workstation.

Installed a Samsung Evo 500gb SATA III into my z600..and it works perfectly. Installed it last week and have been installing programs and having general use from it with no problems. I wanted to test it properly before posting a response. It could be possible that i experience issues with it later, but I would of thought that if it had any issues I would know about it by now. My SSD reads at 282 MB/s and writes at 270 MB/s - Random Read 51612 (IOPS) Random Write (IOPS) 47395. Being a SATA II gen workstation its not reaching the SSD's full potential at 540/520 Mb/s read write but from what I've read you wouldn't even notice the difference its so fast.. and I agree CC suite, mozilla, (haven't installed 3dsmax yet) all boot in seconds compared to minutes on old HDD. Just to note I didn't use a HP recovery disk to reinstall OS. I used an official windows 7 .iso and booted from USB (even though it some has some useful things, i didn't want HP bloatware) Drivers installed perfectly without a hitch. Windows serial on bottom of tower 1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ?" Via Scott's comments, look for the 'needs-tool' version in the post's above, mine cost 8.50 and takes all of 5 seconds to fit the ssd to the z600. I wouldn't sugguest buying the tool-less version.. unless you have no hands and lots of money." 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations?"Yes they're HP approved SSDs detailed in the post's above, but I've had no issue with consumer grade SSD, but you roll the dice with which brand. The Samsung EVO 500gb, no problems. You can use SATA III ssd's but you can get issues as warned by HP as their firmware doesn't support some types (so basically if it doesn't work they wont help you) ". 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks?"Make sure your BIOS is set to RAID+AHCI (Mine was already setup like this). I used the samsung magician tool after install and it will say that your PC is not set to AHCI, but i just ignore it. As long as BIO's and firmware are up to date you will be fine. Use a blindmate formfactor to install the ssd (see above posts). Make sure you get the latest firmware on a usb before you install SSD, it should be the first thing to check after installing the SSD. You don't need to change SATA cables from II to III as the cables are backwards compatible.. either way having a SATA III in a z600 will just limit you to SATA II speeds (which compared to a normal HDD are ridiculously quick). Just plug-in and install OS. It may be worth reading up on SSD optimistation, the samsung magician advises some things to do but not all neccessary, its either lifespan over performance.. defintely worth reading up on, if this is your first SSD as it was for me." Hands down best upgrade i've done to my workstation, and very simple to do. I'm glad I waited for better support and for the cost to go down on SSD's before using them. Want to say a big thanks to Scott Harrison for his help on this subject. I pestered him lots but have really appreciated his guidance! cheers Scott and anyone else who posted help. Enjoy your SSD, I will. Griff

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/installing-a-SSD-into-Z600-Workstation/td-p/5081717
Relevancy 20.21%

I was harvesting parts from a computer, and I found a couple gigs of RAM. I could always use a couple more gigs, but I don't know if they are compatible -- and I do know that if they are incompatible, it won't work. But, exactly what do I risk by trying it out? Will the system just not boot, so I take it out and it's as if nothing ever happened? Or will attempting such an installation actually result in permanent damage to my system if it's not compatible?

A:What is the worst that can happen when installing incompatible RAM?

Usually all that will happen is the system will not boot or cause blue screens. It is very unlikely the incompatibility will cause additional damage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-worst-that-can-happen-when-installing-incompatible-ram.212208/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello,

I own a custom laptop on an MSI 16F2 platform. Few weeks ago my GTX 670M card died.

Out of better options, I bought an used GTX 660M from an acquaintance.

I had it installed, started Windows and everything looked OK. Then I installed the Nvidia drivers and after reboot, right after the loading screen, I got a black screen (with the screen still lit).

I went into Safe mode and uninstalled the driver. Then installed again and got the same result. Went into Bios, change settings, tried resetting CMOS, nothing worked. Installed Windows 7 Ultimate again, then Windows 8, same thing. I also tried the driver modding instructions on this forum, still nothing.

I have no clue what is wrong. If you have any idea, please help me with this.

Thank you,

Fox

A:GTX 660M black screen after installing driver

I have connected the laptop to an external monitor and it works with the Nvidia driver installed. The laptop screen works just fine without the drivers. I would really appreciate any form of help. Is it maybe the BIOS?

Thx,
Fox

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660m-black-screen-after-installing-driver.211105/
Relevancy 33.97%

Hello First I want to say that my native language is not English If I have made any grammatical errors ask to be excused Recently I decided to improve my computer s video card and bought a GTX DirectCU Once I put it in my computer he began to beep and the card does not start at all I went to the computer service and asked what could be my problem There I was xw4600 and HP DirectCU GTX Workstation 660 told that most likely my power is insufficient So before I invest in new power want to ask - is it possible that the problem lies elsewhere In the end it was pretty old computer and there may be some incompatibility On the GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation net I found this The HP XW workstation motherboard and power supply are Proprietary GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation the power supply can t be upgraded with a standard ATX power supply Sorry The power supply is specific to that hp board Click to expand Spoiler My pc Power Supply watts wide-ranging active Power Factor Correction Efficient Computer Computer Type ACPI GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation x -based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer DirectX DirectX Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type DualCore Intel Core Duo E MHz x Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard HP xw Workstation Motherboard Chipset Intel Beachwood X System Memory MB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM DIMM Micron HTF AY- E GB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz DIMM Micron HTF AY- E GB DDR - ECC DDR SDRAM - - - MHz - - - MHz - - - MHz BIOS Type Compaq Display Video Adapter NVIDIA Quadro FX MB Storage Disk Drive ST AS GB RPM SATA-II Disk Drive WDC WD EZEX- BN A GB RPM SATA-III Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H Q BIOS BIOS Properties Vendor Hewlett-Packard Version F v Release Date Size MB System BIOS Version Boot Devices Floppy Disk Hard Disk CD-ROM ATAPI ZIP LS- Capabilities Flash BIOS Shadow BIOS Selectable Boot Network Service Boot EDD BBS Supported Standards DMI ACPI PnP Expansion Capabilities PCI USB Virtual Machine No From my research so far my power supply should be enough for this video card nbsp

A:GTX 660 DirectCU and HP xw4600 Workstation

My best opinion as to why you are having problems is incompatibility. Looking at the chipset for your motherboard (Intel Beachwood X38), it is linked for a PCI Express slot version 1.1. The Geforce GTX 660 DirectCU is a PCI Express 3.0 card. Not all PCI Express 3.0 cards will work in a PCI Express 1.1 slot. Multiple people have had problems with said issue. If you are looking for better compatibility, I would suggest getting a PCI Express 2.1 (or 2.0) video card. You will have less issues getting it to work properly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gtx-660-directcu-and-hp-xw4600-workstation.210847/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello all!

I wonder if anyone could help me shed some light on the best process for the above subject.

I currently have a Dell Studio XPS 435MT (Vista 64bit) running two HDD's in RAID 0 (as from factory) I need to install Windows 7 64bit and would like to also install it onto the new SSD I have bought (Crucial 128GB) as an upgrade.

Could I simply take the current HDD's out (after backing up essential data) to keep safe as backup plan and add the SSD into slot 0 and install Windows 7?? Then possibly add say a 1tb storage drive to the system later?

One solution someone has sent my way is to clone the two 500gb RAID 0 drives to a single 1tb drive then install Windows 7 onto the new SSD and have both drives on a multiboot? Could this work?

I have seen/heard many versions of how to go about this install but no real evidence of a true way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
Poke13

A:Dell Studio XPS 435MT - Installing SSD and Windows 7 64bit

It takes 3-500GB drives to give you 1.3TB of storage space because of formatting over-head. 2-500GB drives will be considerably less than 1TB. Keep the 2-500's in a single RAID array and set the SSD as a separate partition for Windows 7

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-xps-435mt-installing-ssd-and-windows-7-64bit.199415/
Relevancy 32.68%

This mobo got me wondering, packs alot of specs :
18 SATA ports (10 are SATA3 ports from the Intel X99 Express chipset, 8 are SAS ports stemming from the LSI SAS 3008 controller) and five PCI-E 3.0 x 16slots for 4-way graphics cards! 600$ motherboard for some serious business, I think this would be ideal for a video editing workstation..

A:Ultimate server / Workstation mobo? Asrock X99 Extreme 11

I'm probably one of the few that uses the ASRock Z87 Extreme11
There is always a market for their Extreme11 series boards. I use mine for a bounch of stuff gaming, media server, video editing with all 22 SATA ports even 2way SLI. Might be a bit over kill 4 way SLI but who knows...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ultimate-server-workstation-mobo-asrock-x99-extreme-11.206694/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 20.64%

I have a MacBook Pro 15' 2009 edition, and wanted to know how you install a second GPU into it or even simply replace it.
Thanks for any responses.

A:Installing a 2nd GPU Mac?

Nope. Can't do it. (this applies to both your questions)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-a-2nd-gpu-mac.202646/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi, I just installed a gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h into my system (i5 3570), and even after reinstalling windows the computer is very glitchy, it takes ages to come on, freezes, and usb devices don't work half the time.

I'm thinking it's a dodgy motherboard. Any ideas?

A:System is very glitchy after installing new motherboard

Actually my first post was wrong, (this is someone else's computer) reinstalling windows fixed the glitches it just pauses on the windows logo for about five minutes before booting up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-is-very-glitchy-after-installing-new-motherboard.204643/
Relevancy 20.21%

Greetings reader

So im using a Radeon HD 6870 in my MSI 890gxm-g65.
Installed the hardware and when I run it on on-board graphics, windows is able to detect it as ATI Radeon HD 6800 Series. But after installing the driver for the 6870 it asks for a restart.
The BIOS screen is visible but after the windows loading screen the display just goes off, the LCD in on but it's just black screen.

I have a lot of work to do, so ill be really grateful if someone is willing to help me.

Thank You
in advance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-6870-not-working-after-installing-driver.202017/
Relevancy 20.21%

I m officially out of ideas and I m hoping you kind way of operating notebook system No on installing folk here could help me out I have a Hp notebook whose hard disc I formatted while transfering data from it to my computer so I could do a fresh OS When I returned the hard disc into the notebook I found No way of installing operating system on notebook that I could not install Windows by any medium I tried plugging in an external DVD reader and installing windows like I did the first time on this notebook but No way of installing operating system on notebook it would not read from the device BIOS recognises it only as USB LEGACY SUPPORT When I tried installing windows from an USB like I did many times on my computer the screen would freeze when I pressed any key to No way of installing operating system on notebook boot from USB I tried changing USB ports for the devices I used it did not help and I tried changing USB memory sticks from which I booted but alas no success I don t know if there is a way of transfering the files from the dvd onto the hard disc make it bootable somehow and then install the OS on the hard drive the same one I also tried installing other OS using the same methods Windows and XP but have had the same problems P S I haven t tried preinstalling a system on the hard drive on another computer and then inserting the HD into the notebook hoping it would boot I tried that once on a comuter and have had no success Please do help cheers nbsp

A:No way of installing operating system on notebook

Does this help ?
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...all-Windows7-on-HP-2140-using-USB/td-p/301650

or this ?
http://www.suren.net/2010/03/11/installing-windows-7-off-a-usb-drive-on-an-hp-mini-2140/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-way-of-installing-operating-system-on-notebook.200793/
Relevancy 33.54%

I recently purchased a Supermicro SuperWorkstation A- and am having problems getting the audio to work I installed Windows Pro and the Motherboard has built in Realtek ALC audio I did install the latest drivers that Supermicro has for the ALC I have one green plug that Supermicro Not Working Audio Workstation runs speakers and subwoofer I have that plugged into the Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working green plug on the back of the computer In the Realtek HD Audio Manager the SPEAKERS Tab is check as the default device In the SOUND window Speakers are also checked as the Default device When I play some music the green bar moves up and down in the SOUND window and in the VOLUME MIXER window So the speakers have been detected when I plugged them in and it is showing that the built in Audio is working but no sound is coming out Any ideas on this Supermicro may eventually solve this problem but I really want to get on with this using this computer now When I installed the Drivers for the NVIDIA Quadro K Graphics Card it also seems to have installed some NVIDIA High Definition Audio Drivers It doesn t seem to help when I disable them Also I noticed lots of people talking about not seeing the SPEAKERS tab in these forums I was also having that problem The computer seemed to quit detecting when anything was plugged in so the tab never came up I finally figured out how to fix that problem though To get the SPEAKERS Tab to reappear you go to the right had side of the Realtek HD Audio Manager window and click on the little folder icon A CONNECTORS SETTINGS Window pops up and there is a box you can check for Enabling auto popup dialog when device has been plugged in You need to uncheck that box and click OK You then go back to that folder and recheck that box and click OK again The Speakers tab should now appear when you plug in something nbsp

A:Supermicro Workstation Audio Not Working

The next time my computer rebooted the Speakers Tab once again disappeared and there is nothing I can do that will bring it back! *sigh*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/supermicro-workstation-audio-not-working.201241/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi I ve start new after installing vga? won't Games a just bought a new vga Radeon HD I had Games won't start after installing a new vga? GT before Everything was fine I downloaded the drivers played some games and everything was ok Games won't start after installing a new vga? After testing it I decided to uninstall the Nvidia drivers because it seems to me that I didn t need them anymore I did it using the programs and features in Control Panel after restarting the PC the games I tried didn t start Assassin s creed IV Black Flag when I tried to start it nothing happend and nothing changed in task manager Battlefield It says that I need directx which is weird cause I have the newest directx installed on my PC Also KMplayer won t work it doesn t show any video but plays the sound VLC and jetaudio work just fine System Games won't start after installing a new vga? Information OS Windows Ultimate SP Processor Intel Core i CPU Motherboard J amp W JW-H T-PRO RAM GB VGA Radeon HD So what should I do Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Games won't start after installing a new vga?

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the amd drivers and it got fixed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-wont-start-after-installing-a-new-vga.198393/
Relevancy 20.21%

Need help reinstallintg a wifi connection onto my toshiba laptop M115 S1061. I already downloaded a driver and went through the installation wizard and it still is not working. Please Help, I will be eagerly waiting a response

A:Installing wifi connection on my laptop

Is there by chance a switch on the laptop you need to turn on?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-wifi-connection-on-my-laptop.198286/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have an hp pavilion and I just installed a usb card by myself and felt proud that I got it in but when I turned my computer on and inserted the usb card drive disk the optical drive had disappeared from my computer. The optical drive still opens but it keeps automatically closing after about 1 second of it being open. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tried-installing-usb-card-and-broke-optical-drive.198242/
Relevancy 20.21%

I bought an Asus H87M-E. I can't install 3 X 3TB hard drive Raid 5 on this board. It is a new board, I can't find Bois update. I created the Raid5. the O/S displays the drives with different sizes 2048, 745, 1875GB. I have no idea what is happening! Tech support said it is windows problem, But I don't buy that. I broke the raid and try to install the O/S on a single drives, but the O/S recognize it as 745GB.

A:Windows 7 - Installing 3TB Drives

Windows normally accept only 2 terabyte in re installing the windows you should make a partition for your new 3TB hdd.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-installing-3tb-drives.198158/
Relevancy 20.21%

My motherboard is a Z77 Asrok Extreme 6.

It has four dimm slots. I have One kit of 8 gigabyte memory from Gskill that is DDR3. 'dual channel' (11-11-11-28) PC 2133.

If I get another kit of 8 gig from ANOTHER vendor and its different timings can I put them into the alternate slots and have it work? Say I buy Corsair (9-9-9-9) PC 1600. Would the two kits work against each other since they are different timings? Is this NOT recommended?

Here is another better question. What if I buy the exact same memory from Gskill and drop them in as well? So I have two kits of dual channel 8 gig ram for a total of 16 gigs. Both kits would be same type/speed and latency. Will this work or do I need to use 'quad channel'?

Edited for spelling.

A:Question about installing memory modules

Larsenex said:

If I get another kit of 8 gig from ANOTHER vendor and its different timings can I put them into the alternate slots and have it work? Say I buy Corsair (9-9-9-9) PC 1600. Would the two kits work against each other since they are different timings? Is this NOT recommended?Click to expand...

I'm thinking that different timings will cause issues with Dual Channel functionality. I'm also thinking that Dual Channel only functions if all modules can operate in dual mode. If you are not planning on operating in Dual Channel mode, I don't think it matters. However the modules should operate with the same timing, if they are to be linked together.

Anyway without actually knowing for sure, those are my thoughts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-installing-memory-modules.196451/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey all having some graphics card problems and would appreciate any help I built two identical computers for my parents from spare driver? graphics screen after installing Black parts and some new components just to give them something to use until they can buy something newer Both work fine with the onboard graphics but video Black screen after installing graphics driver? play back Black screen after installing graphics driver? performance is obviously low very choppy Trying to install an upgraded graphics card and does the same thing in both systems System specs Dell Optiplex GX Windows XP home SP GHz Pentium GB ram Onboard graphics is Black screen after installing graphics driver? Intel G Graphics card I m trying to install is a PNY VCG APG This is a Nvidia Geforce card ddr mb x AGP interface Should mention the card was new last winter and hasn t been installed in any other PC s When I install the card and boot up it shows the specs of the graphics card in the upper left corner Goes through the normal bios and windows boot screens Windows opens in a low res graphics mode says found new hardware etc etc loads nvidia driver from windows update and prompts a reboot After the reboot it goes through the load screens again and shows the windows boot screen with the progress bar for about seconds then just goes black Monitor says quot no signal quot and goes into stand by If I restart in safe mode I get a signal back and can open windows but in low res of course Tried updating driver with the newest one from nvidia s website and no go Does the same thing All other drivers on the system are up to date Tried going into the bios setup too integrated devices-- gt primary video controller gives option for quot auto quot or quot AGP quot when the card is plugged in With the card removed it gives quot auto quot or quot onboard quot options Tried setting it to AGP and still nothing Help nbsp

A:Black screen after installing graphics driver?

Did you get this fixed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-installing-graphics-driver.194843/
Relevancy 34.4%

So hey people I m new here so I want to know what I need to buy so first things firs I workstation buy Want for 3d a and video to have dls second I almost use all the time adobe premiere after effects cinema d and some times zbrush Want to buy a workstation for video and 3d and maya in video I work from full hd to k and k so some times I do rendering for architecture also So thats what I have and the programs I use so I wanted to go and muy a workstation for this so some said BUY A INTEL and others BUY AMD and some said MAKE A NVIDIA MAXIMUS and I was like I LIKE THE FIREPRO W SO WHATS BETTER I was configuring this computer the other day the http www titanuscomputers com Titanus-A -Dual-AMD-Opteron-Seoul- -Series-p a htm With gb ram a w OPTERON cores or maybe cores thats on the main thing the other things are just accesories but is it really the best option or should I go for intel please I really need to know a real answer because I just want the render and transcoding video fast enough to make a good workflow so would like some help from you guys on this I have been reading a lot for this but hell Im not a computer genious I just want to render faster nbsp

A:Want to buy a workstation for video and 3d

I would not go for an Opteron processor as they are meant more for servers than desktops. For a build like this, you would either be looking at the AMD 8350 flagship or an Intel I7 4xxx.. The main difference is that Intel is faster on single-threaded tasks (that is the major difference), but AMD is ever so slightly faster on some multi-threaded tasks...

Would you be willing to build the computer yourself?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/want-to-buy-a-workstation-for-video-and-3d.195237/
Relevancy 33.97%

Bro ,
just seen your suggestion , really very help full.. also need your advise in building graphics workstation. we are advertising company.. I want to build a perfect graphics workstation for our our designers..
we use the following applications .

3d Software- 3d studio Max 2013
Render resolution- HD 1920
Adobe Master Collection 6
Adobe Design Collection 6 (illustrator-photoshop-indesign) ME
Maya
After Effect Package Plugin
Cinema 4D ?vision 14

all the above application we use to make exhibition stall designs..ect.
at present we are using intel xeon quad core - 3.2 Ghz with 6GB RAM .. ATI RADEON HD4780 1GB., we are using single monitor.. may be required Dual screen..

I was looking for HD Z820 and Z640 series... dual xeon with 8 core processor with 32GB RAM , Nvidia Quadro 4000 is costing huge amount...$ 10,000/- each

I know build customized will reduce the cost...I want about 5 workstations..

so please advise me best suitable computer spec... relable spec and recomanded graphics card.. my budged is $ 5000/-

A:Building graphics workstation

Is the $5000 per computer, or for all the computers put together?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-graphics-workstation.194369/
Relevancy 20.64%

I bought two 2GB Memory Ram for my Lenovo IdeaCentre K300. I'm trying to find instructions on how to install them. But all I keep running into is where to buy them. Can anybody give me some easy to follow instructions? I'm hoping it's as simple as opening up the computer looking at the 2 full slots and putting the 2 new ones in the same way. being real careful that you don't bend or break anything. Thanks

A:Installing more memory

circusboy01 said:

I bought two 2GB Memory Ram for my Lenovo IdeaCentre K300. I'm trying to find instructions on how to install them. But all I keep running into is where to buy them. Can anybody give me some easy to follow instructions? I'm hoping it's as simple as opening up the computer looking at the 2 full slots and putting the 2 new ones in the same way. being real careful that you don't bend or break anything. ThanksClick to expand...

Don't know if this will help, but hopefully it will http://www.wikihow.com/Install-RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-more-memory.193227/
Relevancy 19.78%

I recently installed the hyper 212 evo on my core i7 3770k at stock frequency after some trouble. My temps after 25mins of prime 95 are 47 C from asus AI suite and core temp the temps are 63, 60, 67, 69. This is at full load during prime 95.

Is the cooler mounted correctly and are my temps good for overclocking?

The cooler fan rpm are 850-900.

A:Core i7-3770k temps high after installing Hyper 212 Evo?

What voltage are you using? Stock voltage is usually way too high, try undervolting as much as you can without getting BSODs and you should see temps drop. But at the moment they don't look too excessive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i7-3770k-temps-high-after-installing-hyper-212-evo.185345/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi All I am trying to Best Workstation Graphic buy a brand new Dell Workstation but I want to know what specifications are needed enough amp best for Best Graphic Workstation graphic please I need workstation for graphic designer who works on Adobe CS collection After Effect Maya Premier D Max for designing the promos and animations I have the following specifications of workstation amp want to know whether is it ok for graphic or not Processor Two Intel Xeon Processors E Best Graphic Workstation - Six Core GHz M GT s Turbo Operating System Windows Professional SP No Media -bit English Productivity Software Microsoft Office Trial MUI Energy Efficiency Option No Energy Star Memory GB DDR RDIMM Memory MHz ECC x GB DIMMs Graphics Dual NVIDIA Quadro NVS GB MON mDP GPU Computing None Multi Select Video Adapters Display Port to VGA Adapter Hard Drive Configuration C SATA Inch - Hard Drives Hard Drive RAID RAID PCIe Hard Drive Controller None Hard Drive Controller Integrated Intel Controller SATA Gb s RAID ports Boot Hard Drive TB RPM quot SATA Gb s Hard Drive nd Hard Drive TB RPM quot SATA Gb s Hard Drive I am waiting for a proper solution BR Fahim nbsp

A:Best Graphic Workstation

Well, having 2 Xeon E5s with a weak GPU and little RAM means the PC is aimed at computing tasks, not graphic design. Would you mind building your own machine? It allows for more customization is cheaper, and has a much wider range of options. I am also more familiar with building custom workstations rather than prebuilt (Dell, HP, etc.) workstations. Would you like to build your own or stick with Dell or HP?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-graphic-workstation.191969/
Relevancy 33.97%

Good day to all!

Can a ZOTAC GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?
If so, can 2 VC run 4 52" LCDs?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Can a Zotac GTX 650 TI run on HP z820 workstation?

Well may I ask why you want a 650ti to be paired with a $2500 dual Xeon monster? Since you have a workstation, I am guessing you do Photoshop or Autocad. Plus what do you mean "VC"? Also, I dont think your TV has DVI inputs nor display ports, only HDMI. Unfortunately the 650Ti only has 1 HDMI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-a-zotac-gtx-650-ti-run-on-hp-z820-workstation.191237/
Relevancy 20.21%

My computer constantly restarts after I install new ram My specs are Dell Precision Intel Pentium D Computer new RAM restarts after installing GHz MB L Cache GB DDR SODIMM recently upgraded MHz unbuffered non-ECC ATI Radeon HD MB GDDR GB SATA HDD RPM Windows XP dual boot Dynex w Power I had x mb DDR ECC RAM before and upgraded to x GB DDR SODIMM for performance upgrade The problem is that my computer constantly restarts The first time Computer restarts after installing new RAM I installed the RAM I got to boot into windows but my color and resolution was messed up I haven t been able to boot into windows either xp or I updated my graphics driver and BIOS from A to A and still no change Some people are saying to change the RAM voltage but I don t know how My BIOS doesn t have such a feature or option PLEASE I need help purchased these sticks for I don t want the feeling that I got ripped off or scammed Many thanks nbsp

A:Computer restarts after installing new RAM

Maybe the wrong ram for your mother board. Did you check before you bought the ram to see what the specs were for the ram. Run a scan on the computer with your old memory installed at http:// www.crucial.com/index.asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-installing-new-ram.189247/
Relevancy 19.78%

Has anyone else been getting this stupid no error message when trying to install WiDi on a recent laptop?
The laptop does originally come with WiDi working perfectly but as I am in the school department we are running a custom windows 7 32x Pro OS.
The specs are:
i5-3320m CPU (HD4000)
Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 AGN Wireless apapter

A:Issues installing WiDi on Dell Latitude E6230

You have to make sure that the WiDi driver is compatible with this laptops hardware. If it is, the internal WiDi adapter may be bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-installing-widi-on-dell-latitude-e6230.189208/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey I m not sure where to start but a while ago I bought a desktop and a monitor and they are black Screen after card a installing graphics goes while after new Desk Top Newegg com - Acer Aspire AX -UR P PT SG P Desktop PC Athlon II X GHz GB DDR GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce SE Windows Home Premium -Bit Monitor newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E But the graphics card that came Screen goes black after a while after installing new graphics card with the computer sucked it simply doesn t support D games So I went ahead and bought this graphics card Graphics Card Newegg com - GIGABYTE GV-N SL- GI GeForce GT Fermi GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card Here note that the maximum power my computer has is W but the graphics card needs at least W for it to run So I bought this power supply unit Power Supply Newegg com - Antec VP- W ATX V v Power Supply Here s the story After I bought my computer and the monitor I bought the graphics card It took me a while to figure out how to install it but I worked my way out and installed it So I followed the general guide to installing graphics card remove driver first install card the computer didn t have a card so the pci slots were empty then I started my computer and tried to install the new driver with the disc that came with the graphics card The first time it went so well that I thought it s gonna work but after a while the screen suddenly goes back and on the top right corner it says quot VGA then DVI quot It s the screen you get when the monitor isn t plugged into a desktop So after that I went to look at my computer and the card and I found out the card needs more power it needs W but the computer has W So I bought a W power supply unit also took me a while because my case is micro ATX board I have to leave the power supply unit outside the case So after I installed the power supply and the graphics card the first time trying to install the driver also went pretty smooth but the screen then went black after a while So I m wondering what exactly I should do I m pretty sure the power supply is working Atm I m using the power supply but not the card and I can run my computer fine Addition details When I tried to uninstall the original graphics card driver it kept automatically installing itself when I restart Could that be why But after I uninstalled it I switched to the VGA port on the new graphics card but it still didn t work I have my directx updated to version Please if you re confused about anything I said tell me which part you didn t understand and I ll try my best to describe it Thank you for your time Ads by Google nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-after-a-while-after-installing-new-graphics-card.188703/
Relevancy 20.64%

Just purchased a new modem to replace TWCs 'rental'. I plugged it in, restarted my computer and screwed everything up lol.

I tried calling TWC but was on hold forever. Not sure they do the 24/7 thing anymore...

I plugged my old modem back in, did a restart, I'm back online, but my homepage and FaceBook 'favorite link' are messed up. (Chrome)
It says http://www.facebook.com/ap_index and seems like it's refreshing again and again. Same with my homepage. http://www.49erswebzone.com/ap_index I hit 'stop', take out the ap_index and try again, same thing.

What do I need to do to get the new router working and get my pages back to normal?

Also wondering what kinda speed increase I'll see (ubee 2.0 vs Motorola surfboard 3.0) when I get up and running?

Thanks!

A:Installing a new modem

FB is back to normal...homepage (webzone) still messed up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-a-new-modem.188305/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello.
I am considering installing 2 new harddrives.
1.Agility 3 OCZ Solid State Drive 120gb
2.Seagate Barracuda XT 2TB 7200 rpm

I am currently on a WDC WD3200JD-22KLB0 320gb

Both the new harddrives are sata3,6gb/sec

Can I use both new drives,with no reduction in performance ?
Mainly for online gaming.

A:Installing new drives in HP Compaq dc7600

In a word... Yes, are you going to set the 2 drives in a RAID array?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-new-drives-in-hp-compaq-dc7600.186404/
Relevancy 19.78%

I've just installed Corsair H60 liquid cooling and when I tried booting my computer up, after 5 seconds or so, everything stops. It happens every time I tried to boot the computer up.
My monitor was black and nothing appeared.
For 2 seconds before the entire system stops, the fan gets very noisy. And for the entire time the computer was booting up, my gpu's fan was even noisier than when I was playing my games.
I cannot get to BIOS or anything.
Why is this happening?

Cooling system: Cosair H60
Cpu: Intel I5 760
GPU: ATI 5770
Mobo: Gigabyte Ga-H55M-UD2H
PSU: 600W Max - 700W

A:PC doesn't work after installing Corsair H60 liquid cooling

You may have a short someplace between the motherboard and the case, or you may have bent the motherboard while installing the CPU cooler. I'd take the cooler out and replace it with the stock cooler and try again to see it the board still works. If it does I'd try the H60 again, but I'd make sure the motherboard wasn't under any extra stress from it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-work-after-installing-corsair-h60-liquid-cooling.178522/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi guys,
I am running ASUS M2N68-AM PLUS motherboard. SOCKET 940 ON xp
Ive installed a Gigabyte HD 7770 Graphics card. I installed it according to instructions. The card is getting power but after installing it with the CD that came with it, it keeps saying cant detect drivers for this device.This is obvious because of the display Im getting.
Wouldnt be a compatability problem could it.?

Any ideas guys
Rob777

A:Functioning error after installing video card

Hey Rob, pardon me but I'm a little confused of what you've said. It says here that you have the ASUS M2N68-AM Plus Motherboard and yet, it still on the classified Socket 940? Not to mention that mobo is running both Socket AM2/AM2+ already. That's a long road for that architecture.

Therefore, you shouldn't be having problems with that Radeon HD 7770 of yours, because it's totally compatible with that motherboard; Unless you have checked inside the system unit if it has been connected properly.

Give me a full spec of your system so that I might help you further. Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/functioning-error-after-installing-video-card.179902/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ok so as stated above I am new to this. I have installed memory before but that is it. I am planning on buying a new graphics card for my computer. Because I hear a integrated graphics card is not so good. But I am unsure what I am able to install! Please help me out.

My model copmuter from the manufacturers website
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&docname=c03135882#N66

A:Newcomer to installing hardware

Integrated graphics...good or bad...depends on what you plan on doing. If you can post your budget, games/software you plan on running then I'm sure someone will be able to find what you need.

I see that your computer has a 300W PSU, depends on the graphics card, you might need to upgrade that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newcomer-to-installing-hardware.184563/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an old computer that I baught in around 06-07 and I made the rather stupid mistake of installing a usb upside down. After this there was a burnt smell and my computer shut down. I was wondering what went wrong inside the computer and about how much it would cost to fix it. I have been going through computers really fast and I really don't want to buy a new one. Help?

A:Burnt smell after installing USB backward

I would think you burned out the USB connector. If it was on the motherboard, You may have to replace the whole board. If it was on the front of the case. You may get lucky and be able to disconnect it. It is really hard to say what it would cost you till . You try to repair it. It is possible it my have short out other things to. . Well hold on somebody here might be able to help you out more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/burnt-smell-after-installing-usb-backward.183818/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hewlett Packard
Compaq Presario SR 1000 SR1639UK
Product EK350AA-ABU
Microsoft Window XP
Home Edition
Version 2002, Service Pack 3
2.19Ghz, 1.00GB of RAM

ACPI Uniprocessor PC
AMD Athlon ? 64 Processor 3700+
NVIDIA GeForce 6200SE TurboCache?

Hello, I wish to upgrade my PC with more RAM. Understand that upgrading RAM is easy.
Can any one guide me on how to carry this out.
Is it worth it considering the make and model??

A:Advise regarding installing more memory

Windows XP Home SP3 on a single core 2.2Ghz processor should run fine on 1GB of memory. Considering the cost of "DDR400 PC3200" I wouldn't upgrade, unless you absolutely needed more memory for a specific reason.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advise-regarding-installing-more-memory.183301/
Relevancy 34.4%

Does anyone know what the 775 limitations are on this board? I can't access the CPU support and Im not sure of the 45/65nm support? I want to upgrade just the cpu on an old workstation to give 64bit support for more RAM (which I already have). I'd like to put the E5700 Wolfdale in but again, not sure. If anyone can recommend the top 3-4 processors that I can use it would be mucho appreciated.
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=91

A:CPU upgrade for workstation

It's not capable of utilizing more than 2GB of RAM, so not sure how you'd potentially need 64-bit to address what it can handle now.

I'd look at upgrading personally, compared with today's technology that motherboard is woefully inadequate and by the looks of things only supports very early LGA 775 processors anyway. You essentially be throwing money at obsolete technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-upgrade-for-workstation.180338/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a old computer running windows XP I tried to update the driver so that I could play minecraft but i didn t know the type of card I had So in order to find out the model of the graphics card so I could download new drivers I pulled it out and wrote down My new card won't after computer start video a installing the model type I put it back in wrong so it didn t work After a few tries I put in a new video card and tired that I always get stuck at the point where it says quot New hardware or software has caused the computer to have trouble starting Start in safe mode start with command prompt start at last working way or something like that start windows normally quot Now I have no working video card and don t know what to do Old Video Card XFXGeforce e MX New Video Card I don t know it says nothing on it and wasn t in its original box Also I dont care witch card goes in Ask me if you need anything else nbsp

A:My computer won't start after installing a new video card

Does this computer have on-board video? On-board means part of the motherboard and not a separate card... If it does, try to connect the monitor to that video output

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-start-after-installing-a-new-video-card.178773/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi guys, bought a new PC recently and got everything set up fine, except the GPU.

Its all installed correctly but when I go to install the drivers from either Windows Update or the given CD and restart to save changes, I lose video signal.

I see the boot screen and Windows 7 loading bar, afterwards my screen says "Mode not supported".

I'm using the Nvidia 560 Ti and my screen is a Samsung LE19R86BD.

Is the installation possibly switching to 1080 while my monitor isn't supporting it?

A:No video signal after installing GPU software/drivers

I've read that there are times when the driver can't properly read the EDID data from the TV, and causes display problem. Can you boot into safe mode, change the display setting to 1440x900, then reboot into normal mode? Looks like your nVidia card has both HDMI & DVI connection, maybe try changing connection from one type to the other?

The driver I found on nVidia's site is version 285.62. Is that what you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-video-signal-after-installing-gpu-software-drivers.173192/
Relevancy 19.78%

I just got my new Sapphire Radeon HD6670 graphics card. Along with it I got a new power supply unit as the card required minimum 400 watts. (My computer's stock PSU was 220W) The PSU I got is a Rosewill RD 500-2SB. (500W) So I put in all of the new hardware, booted up the computer and put in the video card driver install CD. About halfway through the driver install my computer froze up. Now I can only log in under safe mode. If I try and start Windows (7) in normal mode when I get to the log-in screen I can't do anything. Frozen curser and the mouse arrow won't move. What can I do? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

A:My computer froze while installing my new video card

I'd log into safe mode and remove all video drivers with Driver Sweeper, and try again. I wouldn't use the drivers off the CD I'd download the newest drivers from AMD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-froze-while-installing-my-new-video-card.175025/
Relevancy 19.35%

My Asus X51H did not come with a wireless card. So, I bought the Intel Pro 3945ABG and installed it. attached is a picture of my card

i have attached the antenna properly. the intel wireless manager can not switch it on and gives the error message (Attachment)

the wireless Fn-F2 does not turn it on and the wireless LED does not light.
this machine does nto have any other external switch for wireless.

i feel thsi is an issue that can be solved by covering one or more pins with a tape as in the case of the following thread:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic18046.html
however, my wireless card has different pin configuration as you can clearly see in the picture. does anyone have any idea which pin to cover with tape?

thanks for the help in advance.
uzbuk

###I have attached the photo of my wireless card and the error message screenshot.

A:Installing Intel Pro 3945ABG Wireless card to Asus X51H laptop

problem solved

my vendor tipped me about the pin to cover with tape. its pin 20.
i covered the pin 20 with scotch tape and put it back into the slot.
the card is working fine.

in case you can't find the pin 20, here is a diagram. the second pin from the notch at the bottom side of the card is pin20
you have to be careful not to cut the board while cutting the tape. covering the pin20 only is a tricky thing. it took to half an hour.
i have attached a pictorial description of the pins.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-intel-pro-3945abg-wireless-card-to-asus-x51h-laptop.169162/
Relevancy 19.78%

Asus Xonar XD driver telling me sound card not plugged in when installing driver

I got myself a Asus Xonar DX, so I hooked erverything up to my motherboard (Gigabyte GA-PH67A-D3-B3) and connected the power cable to my power supply (OCZ StealthXstream II 700W), but when im trying to install the driver I'm getting the message: "Plug the Asus Xonar DX in". I disabled my onboard sound, but I'm getting still the same message. I don't really know what's going on, is the soundcard broken or is it just a minor problem? I pugged the card in a PCIE x1 slot and a pcie x4 slot. Thanks if you can help me with this problem.

Specs: I7 2600
8 Gb RAM

A:Asus Xonar XD not plugged in when installing driver

Did you uninstall your old HD audio driver first?
http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php?showtopic=39544

If that doesn't work.....Found some info.
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...X&id=20090916085648171&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Xonar_EEPROM_Failure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-xonar-xd-not-plugged-in-when-installing-driver.175412/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a Dell Inspiron e and I have windows ultimate on it The hard drive is only GBs in size and it only has GB of space left on a partitioning and drive laptop Installing Windows new 7 with it I want to install a new HD GB in the laptop but the old harddrive has drive C and Backup D on it I want to partition the new drive to have Drive C and the rest extened space what are the proceedures to perform this task and please in details P S I don t have the OS disc to re-install Installing and partitioning a new laptop drive with Windows 7 Win What I do have is a GB Harddrive and a USB to Sata connection cable to connect the harddrive to the computer a windows repair disc for the system and backup discs from the old harddrive How do I proceed I have tried it once using the tools that I have and it copied the os and files just like the old drive but not enabling me to extend the C drive nbsp

A:Installing and partitioning a new laptop drive with Windows 7

The easiest way would probably be a cloning software with a external HDD as a backup drive.

create an image backup to the external drive
switch drives in the laptop
write the image backup from the external drive

I know these manufacturer's have free cloning software that can be used with their drives:

Western Digital
Seagate
Maxtor
Intel (SSD Drives)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-and-partitioning-a-new-laptop-drive-with-windows-7.174764/
Relevancy 20.21%

Video Card problems please help Ok so i am no noob to comps i have built at least gaming computers and right now i am at awww So its a installing card display No after HP or i don t remember off the top No display after installing card of my head but my brother wanted me to fix it up so i put windows with gigs of ram and i had a Gforce Gt-OC and No display after installing card also a ATI X laying around so this problem No display after installing card is with both So i put one of the cards in and you can hear the cards fans going so its getting power but all i get is a black screen unless plugged in stock port So i went to the Bios and changed it to PCI-E and looked through all the other settings in bios and found everything was OK Then i went and got the new drivers and installed them After that i went to the start and in search typed devmgmt msc which this command will open a device manager which there i noticed that the card was not being recognized so i figured i would try to disable the on-board and see if it would kick er in but nothing Now i am wondering if i may need a bigger power supply but on the ATI i know for a fact you don t its not the greatest card but better than on board So I am starting to think that just maybe the slot is messed up or something Last but not least it did this to me when the computer was on XP as well so can someone please help me very soon i am trying to do this for my little brother for Xmas nbsp

A:No display after installing card

well what are the other hardware details? like Power supply and motherboard...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-after-installing-card.174255/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi,

My DVD drive has buggered up so I need to replace it with a spare.. I know how to insert the drive into the tower and connect all cables, but is there a proccess i go through once my comptuer is running to activate or get the drive to run?

Dean

A:Installing DVD-RW drive

If your replacing a optical drive like for like then there should be nothing further to do.

The computer will already be set up using the old drive, so your just replacing it with the new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-dvd-rw-drive.173053/
Relevancy 19.78%

Greetings to all,

I had been using windows 7 ultimate 32 bit for nearly 6 months since only 2.90 ram usable out of 4.i have migrated to windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.. for one week the process and working of os was good .. suddenly i has encountered the problem of heating and some buzzing sound which could be heard till next room.. I'm really frustrated by seeing this ****.. please net pals suggest me good ideas to get rid of the this problem. i wanna know whether the problem is my lap OR the current os..
after all the thing my processor support 64 bit..

should i head back to 32 bit again?

A:System heats up after installing 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate

You can try to head back to 32-bit but I doubt it'll help, it sounds like the laptop is over heating due to a broken fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-heats-up-after-installing-64-bit-windows-7-ultimate.173090/
Relevancy 20.21%

There is a specific software that i would like to install to the Server ans to let it run on all the computers on the network. So,instead of installing it on each computer (time consuming) i need a way to install it on the server and let it run on each other computer.

A:Installing program to server

Copy software to a folder on the server
Share the folder over the network
Map the folder as a drive on the workstations
Run the software on the workstations.

This is pretty basic networking.

The software has to be set up so that it can be shared in that way. In most cases you will probably have to install the software on the hard drive and share just the data files over the network. The application has to have that capability.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-program-to-server.171306/
Relevancy 20.21%

Lo everyone First time poster and it isn t even my issue I m trying to help my boyfriend who happens to video odd new issues after Several card installing be quite long distance away with the issues his new video card is having but I m Several odd issues after installing new video card at a loss so I Several odd issues after installing new video card ll toss it out there Several odd issues after installing new video card for anyone who wants to take a crack His old card died so he purchased a Nvidia GeForce GTX Ti It is new After installing it he started to have issues with the computer freezing momentarily in WoW and crashing on occasion He thought he had fixed it by reinstalling the driver but it s still having the issue Tonight he shut down his PC to take a look make sure the hardware was in properly and when he restarted he was having even more issues Some of these include The computer insisting two monitors are hooked up and saying because of this he cannot put the screen res about x He also says his monitor quot uninstalled itself quot and that it s now listing as quot Generic PnP Monitor quot It also thinks it s a laptop Also as I type this it apparently is insisting he download new drivers for this laptop but he hasn t He is running AMD Athlon II X Processors GHZ gigs RAM Vista We know that his power supply is good enough for the card since I made sure to check into that before advising the purchase Nothing in the tower is overheating Any odd thing that s posted here is hearsay from him but maybe some of you can make sense of it Please help before he whines my eyes out as we re talking over MSN Many thanks nbsp

A:Several odd issues after installing new video card

Did he remove all drivers pertaining to his old video card before he installed the new ones? Be sure to check that. I would suggest he use Driver Sweeper to remove all drivers and start by installing afresh.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-odd-issues-after-installing-new-video-card.171382/
Relevancy 19.78%

hello friends,

i brought a new graphic card and installed it in my PC. everything went fine for 3 days, i have played all the high end games without any problem but after 3 or 4 days...the monitor started going into standby mode and some times it shows some gibberish colors on the screen.

Below are my PC specifications.

LG 17" CRT monitor
Processor : Intel Dual core 2.88 GHz.
MOBO : Intel D102GGC2.
ram : 2 Gb DDR2

Graphic card : NVIDIA GT 440 - 1 gB (DDR3) Purchased in September 2011.

I changed the screen resolution from least to max and tried in each instance but with no luck.
I removed the side cover of my cabinet but this did not make a difference.
Formatted the system and installed a new os but that did not help either.
I checked the temparature using Everest software and it showed around 39-40 C always.

Does any one have any inputs on this..

A:Problem with monitor after installing new graphic card

Have you tested your system with a different monitor?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-monitor-after-installing-new-graphic-card.170988/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello guys,

I would really appreciate any info on this subject if possible!

I have a Dell Studio XPS 435MT and I have seen a really good deal on a 120gb SSD drive and would like to replace my two 500gb HD's in RAID-0 setup, to hopefully speed up startup times and generally speed up the response of the PC, I also use it with Photoshop and 3D programs so I think this upgrade will help here too. I will probably just use each 500gb hard drives separately for storage or if possible set them up as RAID-0 again for storage but I guess just separately is safer.

My main question is how do I go about installing it?

I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit (Dell version). Can I just install this onto the new drive? Or do I have to uninstall from current set up first?

Thanks in advance.

Poke13

A:Installing SSD drive to Studio XPS 435MT

Do you already have a RAID array set up? If you dismantle the RAID array you will loose all data on both drives and you will have to re-build the array fresh. The 120GB SSD can be used like any hard drive, alone or in a RAID array, but its speed would be wasted in RAID

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-ssd-drive-to-studio-xps-435mt.170732/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just got a netbook and it came with Windows 7 Starter, and a whole lot of preloaded crap.
Apparently it also doesn't come with a boot disc, that the 'factory settings' are hidden deep within the system somewhere.

Well, I don't seem to like the factory settings, and I want to install Windows 7 full version, clean, with no preloaded crap, but I don't know the best way to go about it, since this netbook doesnt have a disc drive.

Also, I'll be departitioning and formatting and installing blank, but if something goes amiss, I don't have a disk to reinstall the starter edition?

I've heard I can turn a USB into a boot drive to install an OS off of, but can I download a backup copy of Starter Edition to put back on the computer in case anything goes wrong?

A:Installing Windows 7 Ultimate on my netbook?

Run this to check your system, but as you have the starter edition of Windows 7 it should be ok.

You can install Windows 7 from an external CD drive simply by setting it to 1st in the boot order in the Bios.

You cannot legally download a copy of Windows 7 Starter unless you pay for it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-windows-7-ultimate-on-my-netbook.170584/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello,
I read that case fans can be installed on the motherboard or PSU. When installed on the motherboard then you can adjust the speed, however the motherboard would need to have enough power to keep the fans running or else some might stop spinning.

I will be getting the GA-990FXA-UD5 and either the Corsair HX750 or HX850. I will be using 5 case fans.

Does the motherboard have enough ports or channels for 5 fans? I heard that there are some converters for more fans or something like that. Heard a guy say it on YouTube, but he didn't say what type converter.

Thanks

A:Which is better: Installing case fans to mobo or to PSU?

Generally a motherboard will provide 4 fan headers for connecting fans. CPU. POWER and 2 x CASE/CHASSIS. If you are running more fans and are not concerned about having them speed controlled by the motherboard you can connect them directly to the PSU. Several splitters are available for connecting more fans to the motherboard. I used a splitter that allows 3 fans to be connected one header on the motherboard and a connection from PSU for extra power ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-031-AK )

This was for the use of the H50 Corsair water cooling unit when I had 2 fans running in push/pull configuration on the radiator connected to the CPU fan header on the motherboard and the pump housed in the casing above the heatsink part connected to chassis fan header with no speed control enabled as it is required to run at full speed all the time. This cable allows the motherboard to control fan speeds.

Although a more basic splitter without external power connection or speed control will most likely do the job ( http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CB-013-AK&tool=3 )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-is-better-installing-case-fans-to-mobo-or-to-psu.169511/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello TechSpot,

I am thinking of dual booting Linux Mint with my Windows 7 OS. I don't have a cd big enough for the installer, and I am thinking about buying a stack of CDs to use for booting. However, I don't know which CD type to buy. I will be using them also for Movie making, file storage, back up and etc..
Which one of these would work?

DVD R
DVD RW
DVD-RW
DVD-RAM

Thanks

A:What type of CD is good for installing Linux or other OS for dual boot?

They're DVD's, not CD's; though you can use them for burning a Linux ISO, it would be a waste of most of the capacity of a disk though. I'd choose DVD-R's.

You can always download Linux live creator and use that instead. You just need a spare 1GB USB memory stick/thumb drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-type-of-cd-is-good-for-installing-linux-or-other-os-for-dual-boot.169327/
Relevancy 33.11%

SIGGRAPH -the geeks Christmas.
Engadget's short but very sweet video of an HP Z800 workstation equipped with a couple of Fusion-io drives, and an Nvidia QuadroPlex 7000 GPU system.

Four monitors, twelve simultaneous uncompressed 1080p video streams...read 'em and weep Eyefinity and 3D Surround junkies

Engadget article and video >>here<<

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/12-simultaneous-1080p-video-streams-from-one-workstation.169097/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am an Animation Graphics Student I am working on my first build Programs I use Maya DS Max Adobe Suite Corel Painter etc I also game a bit and used to play WoW hardcore when I still had a computer I was burglarized So I need build workstation hybrid Gaming/graphics a build that will be awesome for d graphics but won t sacrifice game play I am already over my budget and I need some advice I ve got builds One is a Combo deal and the other I spliced together The motherboard in the combo deal is quite better as far as I can tell I m going to post Build first then Build It won t let me post a link to my build yet unfortunately Newegg com - Computers Computer Parts and Electronics My Wish List Details Build Qty Image Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price GIGABYTE GA-Z A-D H-B LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-Z Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build A-D H-B Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Model GA-Z A-D H-B Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit - OEM Model GFC- Item N E Return Policy Software Standard Return Policy In Stock Acer G HAbd WideScreen LCD monitor - Retail Acer G HAbd WideScreen LCD monitor Model ET VG HP A Item N E Return Policy Monitor Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant SAMSUNG CD DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH- AB SAMSUNG CD DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH- AB - OEM Model SH- AB Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Antec Lanboy air Blue Black Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case Antec Lanboy air Blue Black Blue ATX Mid Tower Computer Modular Case Model Lanboy air Blue Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate - - - Instant EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Model -P - -KR Item N E Return Policy VGA Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate Card - - CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply CORSAIR CMPSU- TX W ATX V v SLI Certified CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Model CMPSU- TX Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail in Rebate Card - - - Instant Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Model BX I K Item N E Return Policy CPU Replacement Only Return Policy In Stock OCZ Agility OCZSSD - AGTE G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD OCZ Agility OCZSSD - AGTE G quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Model OCZSSD - AGTE G Item N E Return Policy Limited Replacement Only Return Policy In Stock - Instant G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL Model F - CL D- GBRL Item N E Return Policy Memory Standard Return Policy In Stock Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Model WD FAEX Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Core i amp Intel Core i COOLER MASTER Hyper Plus RR-B - P-G quot Heatpipe Direct Contact quot Long Life Sleeve mm CPU Cooler Compatible Intel Model RR-B - P-G Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Subtotal nbsp

A:Gaming/graphics workstation hybrid build

Looks OK, but I'd change the case to a Coolermaster HAF912 (if you don't want full tower, or HAF X, or a HAF932, all of which are cheaper than your current Antec LanBoy, so will save money. The HAF912 is only $49.99 after the mail in rebate (or $10 more without) which is frankly a huge saving on that Antec.

I'd also change your hard disk to a 1TB samsung Spinpoint F3, or if purely for storage needs, upgrade to a 2TB Samsung Spinpoint F4. You could actually run 2x 1TB Spinpoint F3's (in RAID) for the same money as your single 1.5TB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-graphics-workstation-hybrid-build.168889/
Relevancy 28.81%

I am going into my fourth year of architecture school and I am building a desktop. I plan on using my system for Adobe cs5, CAD, Revit, 3ds max, Maya, Ecotect, Virtual Enviroment, Rhino, and Grasshopper. I am having trouble deciding on a graphics card. Is it necessary to have a workstation graphic card to do 3d modeling with these programs? If so, what type of card would you reccomend, Nvidia or ATI?

List of requirements given by the school:
Intel Core? i7
12 GB+ Memory
2TB Hard Drive
Dual 20"+ monitors
DVDRW Drive
Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least 1-2GB memory
Wireless Network Adapter
Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)

A:Workstation graphic cards vs. consumer cards

The last question is the easiest - I would go with nVidia because their CUDA processing engine accelerates many of the applications you use. I know Adobe CS5 and Maya take advantage of it but don't know about the rest of the applications you listed.

Adobe CS5 added acceleration for multiple applications with the Mercury Playback Engine which is designed specifically for more recent nVidia cards with the CUDA feature set.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/adobe-cs5-cuda-64-bit,2770.html

Third party review and recommendations for use with CS5 (the card list starts about half way down the page)

http://www.studio1productions.com/Articles/PremiereCS5.htm

CUDA (see more info below about CUDA) supported graphics cards (note that the GeForce or mainstream and gamer cards (for desktop and laptop PCs) are listed near the bottom of the page:

http://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

nVidia provides information touting how much their cards accelerate Adobe CS5, including general description about CUDA with internal links to more info for advanced users:a

http://www.nvidia.com/object/cuda_home_new.html

Here are a couple of reviews on workstation cards you might find informative:

Workstation Shootout: Nvidia Quadro 5000 Vs. ATI FirePro V8800
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/quadro-5000-firepro-v8800-workstation-graphics,2701.html

AMD FirePro V9800 4 GB: Eyefinity Meets Professional Graphics
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/firepro-v9800-eyefinity-quadro-5000,2780.html

The choice between workstation vs. gaming cards is a little more difficult. The higher end gaming cards are very similar to the lower end gaming cards, the difference is primarily in the drivers and service. Workstation drivers have been more finely tuned to the kinds of work done in WS applications - but this can have a signficant impact on performance for those applications. Morever, with the higher price you pay buys you better, generlly quicker support for dealing with issues.

I think the choice must depend on how and how much you use the cards. If you use the applications for several hours a day, the higher productivity of the workstation station cards may pay for the higher cost several times over. Otherwise you might do just as well with the gaming cards.

If you decide to go with gaming cards, you might find some helpful information on upgrading video cards at upgradevideocards.com, but they have no information on workstation cards:

http://www.upgradevideocards.com/index.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstation-graphic-cards-vs-consumer-cards.168100/
Relevancy 33.97%

I need to build a PC for this upcoming fall semester We have been given guidelines to follow by the school but they are very open-ended and could use some assistance The pc will be running programs such as Rhinoceros Autocad DS Max Adobe CS etc I was hoping to keep the price range of this computer between - Students entering th year Architecture will begin rendering and using other 3D new Building workstation a modeling resource intensive applications The college requires the purchase of a high-end desktop computer Many students choose to have these systems custom built to better fit their needs Example minimum specs for Intel Core i GB Memory TB Hard Drive DVD RW Drive Dedicated ATI or nVidia video adapter with at least - GB memory Wireless Network Adapter Windows Home Premium -bit www kent edu CAED about computing archcomputer cfm Click to expand I need assistance in the bold areas There just seem to be so many things to choose from I don t know where to begin Thank you in advance Hayden nbsp

A:Building a new 3D modeling workstation

haha

check out my post today

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic168043.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-new-3d-modeling-workstation.168044/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am looking to upgrade/replace 6 older workstation pc's (purchased 11/07) and am looking for advice on new builds.

The workstations are used for our P.O.S. program and accessing online vendors (low graphics requirements).

Emphasis on reliability, low cost.

Willing to reuse old components, especially monitor,keyboard & mouse.

Prefer established online vendors like Newegg.

Is the "budget box" build the best bet?

Current System Specs: Dell OptiPlex 745
HARD DRIVE..., 80G, S2, 7.2K, 3.5, WD-UNIC
Dual In-line Memory Module 512, 667M, 64X64, 8, 240, 1RX8
Processor, 945, 3.4, 2X2MB Pentium D Presler, D0

A:Building new budget workstation pc's, looking for recommendations

Budget? AMD or Intel? Does it matter? What programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-budget-workstation-pcs-looking-for-recommendations.168051/
Relevancy 20.21%

my dvd rw is not installing games from dvd9 and i cant copy dvd9 to my hardisk i have samsung writemaster and it has running all other dvds and cds but error occurs in only dvd9...

A:My DVD-RW is not installing DVD9 games

These are games copied to double-layer DVD? I read a while back that game cd/dvd are copy protected. Maybe that has something to do w/ it? Or the file system on the DVD is UDF 2.5, and Windows XP can't read that. Can your discs be read on a different computer?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dvd-rw-is-not-installing-dvd9-games.167661/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am upgrading my computer which I use for Video editing Music production gaming and extreme multi-tasking After thorough research here is my shortlist CPU Intel Core i k GHz Socket MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor RAM Corsair Vengeance GB upgrade for your Shortlist thoughts? - PC workstation x Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? GB DDDR Mhz Memory Module CL V MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Socket onboard Channel Audio ATX Motherboard SSD DRIVE Crucial GB quot M SSD SATA-III Gb s - Read MB s Write MB s I am upgrading from Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? GA-EP -DS R Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case I will continue to use with the new build Do you have any suggestions for improvement I hope to order this week I am happy to buy from any reliable Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts? website including ebay sellers my preferred websites are ebuyer and amazon Thank you in advance for any suggestions they will be much appreciated nbsp

A:Shortlist for workstation PC upgrade - your thoughts?

It's not necessary to start two threads.
4.5 ghz should be fine.
You might need a new mounting brace for your fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/shortlist-for-workstation-pc-upgrade-your-thoughts.166759/
Relevancy 33.11%

Budget Range while being workstation 1200 ($2000) High-end upgrade sensible I do not wish to pay twice as much for - performance improvements but if it is significant then I am willing to use up all of my budget System Usage from Most to Least Important Video editing and encoding music production EXTREME MULTI-TASKING gaming Parts Not Required I will be using the following in my new build and they will not be required Coolermaster Silent pro Gold W PSU Asus Xonar DX soundcard Dell U Samsung SyncMaster B Gigabyte GTX ti Keyboard Mouse Speakers Hard drives Coolermaster CM II Advanced Case Preferred Website s for Parts any reliable website including Ebay sellers Ebuyer and Amazon are my favourites Country of Origin 1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade UK Parts Preferences I ve had my eyes on the i K at least GB RAM and adding another GTX ti to my computer I also wish to invest in an SSD to run my operating system software apps from This is well under my budget if I can get significant extra performance I would be happy to spend more Overclocking FINE as long as it does not affect the stability SLI or Crossfire I want to get a second GTX ti but I m interested in other options if there are any Monitor Resolution Dual displays x amp x Additional Comments I am upgrading from the following Q Ghz GB DDR RAM mhz Gigabyte GA-EP -DS R I had GB of memory but two GB modules become faulty GB is not enough for video editing in Adobe After Effects and multi-tasking effectively New DDR memory is expensive and not worth investing in I cannot add a second ti to my current build as the motherboard only supports crossfire I am interested in new technologies such as quot QUICKSYNC quot for video encoding Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:£1200 ($2000) High-end workstation upgrade

no love?

ok here's what I have my eyes on:

CPU

Intel Core i7 2600k 3.4GHz Socket 1155 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor 235.65

RAM

G-Skill 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz Ripjaws Memory Module CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V 32.99 x4 - 131.96

OR

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDDR3 1600Mhz Memory Module CL9 1.5V 151.96

MOTHERBOARD

Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 Z68 Socket 1155 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 108.69

OR

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 Socket 1155 onboard 7.1 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 148.85

SSD DRIVE

OCZ 120GB Vertex 3 SSD 2.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Read 550MB/s Write 500MB/s 60k IOPS 209.99

good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/%C2%A31200-2000-high-end-workstation-upgrade.166621/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi.
My name is Wayne. I'm not a professional with computers. I'm 59 years old, and just got my first computer 3 years ago. I recently grabbed a laptop just before it was to be tossed in the dumpster at my job. It's a Compaq Presario 1266. It's old. It has Windows 98 on it. I'm trying to install Windows XP Pro. It will go as far as the starting windows screen, blue screen. It will not go to the welcome to windows setup screen so that I can delete the windows 98. My first question. Is this old, I think it's a notebook, not laptop, worht all the effort? If so, how can I resolve this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I would like to learn more about how to do these things. I can barely attach files in an email. Thank you.

A:Can't get to Windows setup screen when installing XP Pro

Yup, this is an old system. Unless it has been upgraded with more memory it will not run XP.

The specs show 32MB or RAM (XP needs a minimum of 64MB)
A 333MHz CPU and a 4GB or optional 6.4GB hard drive.

Even if you get this going it will be very, very slow by modern day standards. Windows 98 is probably the best system to have on it.

Worth the effort, I doubt it, but depends what you want to use it for and if you don't want to do anything in a hurry.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-to-windows-setup-screen-when-installing-xp-pro.166421/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi HD XFX screen 5770 after Dim installing I have just installed a HD and when I start windows after the accounts screen the screen dims slightly not loads but enough to notice the dark screen It does this on every account I have tried Driver Cleaner Pro and reinstalled the drivers Dim screen after installing XFX HD 5770 Also when I power up the windows loading screen jumps once as if refreshing and also when logging off the screen goes blank for a second before returning to the accounts screen I tried putting my old card back in a HD and everything goes back to normal Cant figure it out the only thing I think it could be is the minimum PSU recommended is a watt mine is a watt but it is a corsair and I have read that this card will run with this psu I dont have loads of drives and using a power calculator I am only using about watts Hope you can help Dim screen after installing XFX HD 5770 before I send this card back and revert to Dim screen after installing XFX HD 5770 my old HD Cheers nbsp

A:Dim screen after installing XFX HD 5770

moonfruit said:

Cant figure it out, the only thing I think it could be is the minimum PSU recommended is a 450watt, mine is a 400watt.Click to expand...

BINGO..........I think you've answered your own question!

I'd recommend at least a decent 500 watt, preferably a nice 600 watt!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dim-screen-after-installing-xfx-hd-5770.166209/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys I m planning on purchasing a workstation soon but i need advice from experts on how many memory ram should i be looking at I will be buying from OEM such as DELL or HP according to their workstation series there are models which can be upgraded to GB GB GB GB Running on Windows Pro -bit OS Programs that i will be using consist of DS Solidworks Autocad Autodesk Ds Max Inventor Adobe Creative Suite perhaps Bunkspeed or other rendering programs not to forget MS Office As this is the first time i will memory Workstation's be buying a workstation i need feedback or advice from people who s doing the same task and perhaps running Workstation's memory programs of such I m looking to optimize the performance of my workflow in reality do i need GB of rams The task i will be doing is designing Products interior space D modeling Rendering Please advice Workstation's memory me Thank you very much for your help nbsp

A:Workstation's memory

16-24 GB will probably be enough, but it really comes down to the size of your models and how much multitasking with these apps you will be doing. Take a look at your current memory usage on your current rig by watching Taskman to get an idea.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/workstations-memory.165970/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi Guys I ve had good luck here in the past so Im hoping to get some help again Here s myy story I recently bought an XFX Radeon from Provantage got the card and installed it in my system and No dice I get Fans powering up on it Radeon POST won't installing after HD System 6990 but does not go to post screen I Feel like I have it fully seated in the PCI slot both pin power connecters are attached I just can t System won't POST after installing Radeon HD 6990 figure it out I RMA d the card to XFX and they came back telling me it System won't POST after installing Radeon HD 6990 fully tested ok for them Now as I wait for it in the mail to return to me Im trying to diagnose what may keep it from working for me Like System won't POST after installing Radeon HD 6990 I said I feel like it was fully seated Both power connecters are attached I tried booting with out any usbs plugged up the system boots just fine with my gfx cards that i am replaceing x gt s system boots just fine with a single gt rest of system components are - AMD phenom Asus M N -D mobo just updated to latest bios tagen w Power supply gigs of ram x gig sticks single HD single dvd rom Windows vista bit any thoughts greatly appreciated nbsp

A:System won't POST after installing Radeon HD 6990

Have the XFX Radeon 6990 replaced under warranty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-wont-post-after-installing-radeon-hd-6990.165171/
Relevancy 20.21%

i have a problem which is i cannot use my line in jack for speakers as in xp, after i installed windows 7 , and i installed the latest realtek hd , i didn't find any way to change my line in output at all, when i plug in any cable it just says "you have pluged an audio device" , my M.board is gigabyte 945gcm-s2l, i want to use my headphone with the speakers.

A:Realtek HD problem after installing Windows 7

Try looking at this thread.
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic164012.html

It might help although I know you are using Windows 7.

It at least covers a few different possible problems it could be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/realtek-hd-problem-after-installing-windows-7.164121/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello,

I ordered a SATA internal HDD, but did a mistake. I didn't realize that it is a bare drive. rather I did not now what a bare drive meant. The drive I ordered is HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 HDS5C3020ALA632.

I plan to use it as my 2nd HDD. Can someone please give me instruction to install it? Also, I think I need a Serial ATA interface cable, how do I select one or are they generic?
And what kind of screws do I use?

Thanks

A:Help installing a SATA HDD

yea so basically you will get just the drive in a anti-static bag, but you can use any SATA interface cable. i forget the thread size of the screw, but it's either the coarse or fine type that is used throughout the system. just take one screw out of one of the expansion slots and try it. i forget which one is more common for HDD as i use tool-less bays.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-installing-a-sata-hdd.163732/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have been unable to connect to apple since i installed Belkin router last week . I have uninstalled itunes and apple software ,and reinstalled itunes .Every time I try to connect Iam informed that i am not connected to the internet

A:Can't connect to Apple services after installing Belkin router

I assume it is only Apple that you are having trouble with. Try turning off your firewall and see if it will connect, if so you need to add the URL to the exeptions list in the firewall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-apple-services-after-installing-belkin-router.161193/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an HP media center desktop and the motherboard died Its yrs of use and out HP on motherboard Installing standard desktop an a of warranty and I was Installing a standard motherboard on an HP desktop looking at motherboards online and i see some cheap ones less than dollars I was wondeirng if I bought any of those motherboards they would match the processor power adaptor and everything that needs to be attached to it I dont wanna have to throw away the computer if i could fix it by replacing the motherboard for about dollars I am willing to pay upto to fix it I use this system more more multimedia -games movies etc than anything else What are some of the problems that I may encounter if installing an standard motherboard on an HP is possible My computer specs here the following Hardware Base processor Athlon X W GHz W MT s mega transfers second Socket AM Chipset GeForce SE nForce Motherboard Manufacturer ECS Motherboard Name MCP PM-HM HP Compaq motherboard name Nettle -GL E Memory Component Attributes Memory Installed GB Maximum allowed GB x GB -bit OS GB x GB -bit OS Actual available memory may be less Speed supported PC - MB sec Type pin DDR SDRAM Hard drive GB SATA G Gb sec rpm X DVD - R RW X RAM - R DL LightScribe SATA drive Must use Double-Layer media discs in order to take advantage of the DL technology Video Graphics Geforce GT AMD Live The only thing different is that I changed the graphics card for a Gforce GT Thanks in anticipation for your help nbsp

A:Installing a standard motherboard on an HP desktop

I'm no specialist in this area but as long as you find a motherboard that is Socket AM2 you should have no problems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-a-standard-motherboard-on-an-hp-desktop.162495/
Relevancy 20.21%

I just bought a new radeon hd 5750 today and I am trying to install it on my computer. my old video card works but just wanted something faster. I currently have a

Gateway FX7026 for a computer

after installing the hardware of the video card and starting up my computer, I get nothing but black. Computer works fan is spinning for new video card but I never get anything onto my monitor.

Please help!

A:Help with installing Radeon HD 5750

What was your old video card? And can you link us to your system?

Did you uninstall the old video card and its drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-installing-radeon-hd-5750.161795/
Relevancy 20.21%

Trying to teach myself how to do things for myself. I have installed a new hard drive in my dell computer. I have the operating system cd as well as the driver and utilities cd which came with the computer. Here are my questions:

1. Do I have to format the drive before I install the OS or drivers?
2. Which do I install first - the OS or the drivers?

I am fixing this computer for my mother and unfortunately she only as dial up. After I add the modem is there anything else I need to do to "activate" so that it works?

Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Installing new hard drive

hlratliff said:

1. Do I have to format the drive before I install the OS or drivers?
2. Which do I install first - the OS or the drivers?
3. After I add the modem is there anything else I need to do to "activate" so that it works?Click to expand...

1. Backup and format when prompted to when installing XP.
2. XP then drivers from XP.
3. No idea.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-new-hard-drive.161651/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi Ive just built my first PC and I m trying to install a new graphics card The motherboard I have is a Gigabyte AMD G GA- GM-UD H with a built in graphics card which works perfectly fine when I load it up However I plan to use my PC for some gaming so I decided to buy a XFX Radeon GB Graphics Card The trouble is when I fit this into my PCI-e slot and go to turn on my PC the screen stays black I see absolutely nothing and there is no signal to my monitor Everything powers up and all the fans start working including the one on the graphics card Ive changed the BIOS so it boots video from the PCI over the on board graphics as well I ve tried researching online all I can but to no avail Like I said this is my first build so I m fairly new new screen Black card when video installing to all this and I have no idea what else I can do I d be extremely grateful to anyone who could help me with this I Black screen when installing new video card m pulling my hair out trying to get it working Might my graphics card Black screen when installing new video card be faulty nbsp

A:Black screen when installing new video card

Hi, i think is just some power issue to the card, or fine you may have changed to pci, but would suggest that you put it into AUTO mode so that the system can select the default display of its own, the other would be to make sure that the card is working fine, is it tested to meet standards or it those fake chinese cards, i would try it in another computer to be sure that its not bad.
Try all you can think off...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-installing-new-video-card.161608/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hey guys, I just installed a Noctua CPU cooler and now, once it's turned on, the fans start up but the monitor says "no signal" which I guess means it's not working (I have tried the monitor on another computer and it works fine so I know it's not that; same story with the graphics card and HDD). There is no BIOS. Also the HDD light pops on for about half a second after the computer is turned on but then it goes off.

Any ideas on what's gone wrong? I get the feeling (vigorously) rubbing off the residual thermal compound on the CPU before adding the stuff that came with the cooler might have been a terrible idea but I didn't think that would destroy it?

A:Computer won't turn on after installing new CPU cooler

You should use alcohol to remove old thermal paste and that should come off fairly easily. I doubt if you have done much damage simply by rubbing it hard but what did you use.

The most likely cause for this is that you have used a little too much compound and it has squeezed out and caused an electrical fault on the mobo. What make of paste did you use?

You should remove the cooler unit and inspect and clean the entire area around the CPU, make sure there is no debris from the old or new paste left on the board, use a magnifying glass and bright light. You only need a layer of thermal paste no thicker than a layer of paint to do the job.

The other problem maybe that you have disturbed a connection on any of the mobo connectors or the hard drive, pull off and reseat all the connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-wont-turn-on-after-installing-new-cpu-cooler.161384/
Relevancy 17.63%

My old video card (Nvidia GeForce 8500) overheated and stopped working. I ended up buying the Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+. I just got it this morning and installed it. I think I have everything plugged in correctly, but I am not 100% sure. When I tried booting my computer up all the fans were working, but my computer didn't start up. On my monitor it said "No input signal." I've been trying to fix this for the past few hours now and I've exhausted all possible options. Can someone please help me? I have a HP m8000, I can try and find any specifications if needed. Thanks for your guys help!

A:"No input" after installing Nvidia GeForce 9800 GTX+

Ensure that you have plugged in the 6 Pin PCI-E power connector to the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-input-after-installing-nvidia-geforce-9800-gtx.160751/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi i m choosing between what kind types of Solid State Drive to be configure in my new mobile workstation The problem is i m not so familiar with SSDs and computer s hardware So i hope mobile between workstation types SSDs for Choosing of that i could get some help out of this thread on Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation the differences and the ideal choice of Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation SSDs for my mobile workstation Or should i just go for a normal HDD I will basically run Autodesk program ranging from Autocad Inventor Ds Max then Solidworks Bunkspeed amp Adobe programs These are the options provided by Dell Precision M and i wonder what brand do they uses for SSDs i feel safer to go with Intel but i really don t know GB RPM SATA Hard Drive Included in Price GB RPM SATA Hard Drive add cheapest GB Full Minicard Solid State Drive add cheap GB Mobility Solid State Drive add moderate GB Solid State Hard Drive add super high price HP Elitebook w GB RPM Hard Drive GB RPM Hard Drive GB RPM Hard Drive GB Solid State Hard Drive GB RPM SED SATA HARD DRIVE Thank you nbsp

A:Choosing between types of SSDs for mobile workstation

it looks like they use Samsung FlashSSD drives.
http://www.dell.com/content/learnmo...mobile_hdd&~lt=popup&~series=precn&~tab=other

they are not to bad actually and far better then i would have expected from Dell.
the Samsung FlashSSD on the website has pretty decent specs but i am not sure if that is the exact same drive with same specs.
http://www.samsung.com/us/computer/...Brand_Flash+Drive+-+General_Samsung+flash+ssd

edit: in any case you probably would fair better with an aftermarket drive like the ocz vertex 2 or the corsair force but then you would probably not have dell's recovery partition on it etc. unless you clone it.

if you would do that you could either save by not getting a hdd altogether from dell or use the 7200rpm that it comes with as storage drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/choosing-between-types-of-ssds-for-mobile-workstation.160491/
Relevancy 17.2%

I am trying to install a SATA drive as a secondary drive. The computer is trying to boot with the secondary drive instead of the master IDE drive. I need to boot with the IDE so I can read the SATA drive and make file corrections. Both drive have XP operating systems installed but the SATA has a corrupt hal.dll file. The SATA is from another computer. The computer with the IDE works fine except when I install the SATA. There are jumpers on the IDE drive. Can anyone tell me whast I need to do to make the computer boot with the IDE while recognizing the SATA drive as an addition drive?

A:Installing SATA as a 2nd drive with a Master IDE drive

The IDE and Sata drives are on different controllers, so the jumper settings on your IDE drive shouldn't be a factor. Check your BIOS to make sure the IDE drive is ahead of the Sata unit in the Boot Priority list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-sata-as-a-2nd-drive-with-a-master-ide-drive.160059/
Relevancy 20.21%

I bought a new DVD/CD Sony rewritable drive and need to know how to install it in a desk top computer. Help!

A:Installing CD/DVD rewritable drive

Turn off the machine
Open the case
Disconnect the cables from the old drive
Unscrew the old drive if necessary
Insert the new drive, connect cables, set jumper if needed

that's about it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-cd-dvd-rewritable-drive.159929/
Relevancy 19.78%

can any 1 help? ive tryed 2 put my external hardrive in2 my tower as it stopped working,and have it as 2nd hard drive ,i have connected it properly but the tower cant seem 2 find it?

A:Installing an external hard drive in my tower

Are you saying you're trying to install external drives internally? So you removed them from their enclosures? Are these SATA or ATA/IDE drive? Does the BIOS see the drives? Which motherboard do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-an-external-hard-drive-in-my-tower.159771/
Relevancy 20.21%

Motherboard - ASUS M N -LA Motherboard Socket AM PCI Express DDR Graphic interface - Nvidia GeForce SE nForce Memory - GB CPU - Athlon X Dual-Core Processor CPU Speed - V if I am indeed understanding this question correctly Power Supply Make Model - LiteOn ATX PS- - W ATX Power Supply Watt output Amperage -- How do I find this out I have CPUID to give me vital stats but I don t see any output category to give you guys I currently have the according to my computer giving me my video but I want to upgrade to the GeForce GT Graphics card No GT430 display a after installing I plugged in the and swapped my monitor hookup from the to the newer which according to the best buy guru was an upgrade for my system But upon turning on my computer the new vid card did not take the fan stays off so I assume it is not being picked up by my motherboard There was only one slot that looked like one for a video card so I stuck it in there Any help on how to get it to recognize the new card if it is indeed an upgrade thank you nbsp No display after installing a GT430

A:No display after installing a GT430

Did you uninstall the old video drivers, and install the new video card drivers to suit your new card? Use control panel, hardware and sound, device manager, display adapters, right-click on your graphic card, properties, driver, uninstall driver.

Also, you can find the wattage of your PSU by reading the label on the side of it. ( something like 300W or more.)

If you want to know more accurate information about your pc, try downloading the program called 'Speccy'. It's from;
www.piriform.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-display-after-installing-a-gt430.159736/
Relevancy 20.64%

So i just got this new zotac gtx460 card and i', having some problems with my monitor not displaying anything.

I thinks it's either 1 of 2 problems,

Firstly the card itself, either drivers are wrong or damage (Which is very unlikly)
or
Secondly some issuse with my monitor, I have a acer p193w and been using a VGA cable with my old gtx8500 card, but this new card only uses DVI, i'm using an adaptor which came with it but no joy. I tryed using the adaptor with the old card with its DVI output and that didn't work either.

Other possablities might be motherboard/ram/power supply but i doubt it, as they are all quite new.

If anyone could give any advice i would be very gratefull, sorry if i'm unclear, just ask for any other specs which might be helpful.
R

A:Problems with installing a GTX 460

I'll take a shot. Did you plug in the two PCI-E power connectors on the card?

BTW, please do not start duplicate threads.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-installing-a-gtx-460.158806/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hello,

I'm trying to install a new hard drive but I am stuck because I can't figure out where to plug the power into it.

There's a bunch of wires coming out of my power supply, each group terminates with a rectangular object with 4 prongs sticking out, I'm guessing this is where I'm suppose to power the hard drive, but it doesn't fit.

EDIT: I'd be happy to upload higher quality images but ImageShack is putting a cap on the size

A:Need help installing new hard drive

That is a SATA drive. You need a SATA power cable, (Big L) and a SATA connector (Little L)

You appear to have an older type power supply which does not have SATA plugs. The old 4 pin MOLEX power supply is used for older hard drives (the ones that came with the big wide grey cables).

You need one of these gizmos:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...151&cm_re=pata_to_sata-_-12-200-151-_-Product

Plug one end into the power supply, the other into your hard drive (the bigger L)

Does your motherboard have a SATA slot on it? If your PSU does not have SATA plugs, your motherboard may not have them either. A SATA slot on your motherboard will look like the smaller of the two "L's" on the picture, and have a little box around it. There SATA cable, which looks like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...20079&cm_re=sata_cable-_-12-120-079-_-Product

will need to be plugged into the motherboard and into the smaller plug on the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-installing-new-hard-drive.158251/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hey guys, an issue I've been struggling with all evening here.

Today I upgraded this box from onboard graphics to a Nvidia Geforce GT 430 and also installed the 260.99 graphics drivers from the main Nvidia site.

the motherboard is from the Foxconn G31MX series of boards (775 chipset).

The OS is Windows 7 Professional

After installing the new graphics card and drivers, my sound device was replaced with a non-functional Nvidia HD audio device, I have uninstalled this and installed the windows 7 drivers from foxconns support site.

Still no audio device !

Any help would be much appreciated.

A:No audio device found after installing new GTX 430

If you see any yellow exclamation marks in the device manager, delete these and restart the PC. See if the sound returns

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-found-after-installing-new-gtx-430.158479/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a Sata 1TB hard drive that I want to install in my system because the ide hard drive that's in it only has 120gbs of space and is running out of space. Can someone please help me with the formatting of this? I am not familar with this system to that aspect to formatting the new HD.the hd is already installed but I having trouble determining what to do. I want to use it as an extra drive without having the OS on it! What are the steps to get it recognized in my computer as a drive? This is my second computer Asus-M4A785TD-V EVO with 6GB Kingston HyperX 1600 ram,Phenom II X4 925 processor,120GB WD HD (IDE),LiteOn iHAS324 multi-drive,LiteOn iHBS112 Bluray Burner, Corsair 650W PSU.OS-Win.7HP 64bit

A:Installing second HD on Win 7 Home Premium 64-bit?

You will have to format the hard drive in Disk Management. For details take a look at this short video tutorial : http://www.top-windows-tutorials.com/format-hard-drive.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-second-hd-on-win-7-home-premium-64-bit.157840/
Relevancy 20.21%

Hi

My old PC died so i recently purchased a motherboard bundle to replace the broken parts. I bought the following:-

Motherboard: Asrock N68C-S UCC
RAM: 4GB DDR3 (1333 PC 16660 OCM)
Processor: AMD Athlon II x 4 630 2.8Ghz
Hard Drive: Sata II 500GB

As well as that, I also have a Nvidia 8800GTX graphics card, 400watt power supply...

As far as I know, I've correctly assembled all the parts. But the PC won't boot up. The fan comes on, but that's about it. Any ideas where I can start troubleshooting? I've already tried unplugging, replugging and testing all the seperate parts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-installing-motherboard-bundle.157193/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi,

I am a complete hardware novice, so I don't know what works best with what. I did some research for a graphics card in my budget that would run Zbrush and Blender smoothly. Bought the ATI Radeon 4350 a few days back and both the apps run great, but my Flash CS5, which was running smoothly before this, is now giving me problems.

My current config:

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 245 Processor
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Current Display Mode: 1360 X 768 (32 bit) [the maximum for my screen]
RAM: 4GB [+4GB with an external pen drive, using ReadyBoost]

I don't know if anything else is required. What could be the problem here? Is there a problem here? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't know enough about all this to make any judgments.

A:Stalled graphics in Flash CS5 after installing ATI Radeon 4350

So you're a graphic artist? Your Adobe Flash CS5 program is not working how? Have you tried contacting Adobe tech support?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stalled-graphics-in-flash-cs5-after-installing-ati-radeon-4350.155937/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey this seems like a weird issue to me So I have a computer that the video card fan died on I decided to replace the fan and lo and behold find that most of the fans I can get do not fit properly due to a capacitor in the way I ended up trying different coolers and got sick of trying them when they would not new will Computer boot after installing video not card work I decided to just buy a new video card so I opted for Computer will not boot after installing new video card a GTS When I recieved it I installed the card into my tower and now my Computer will not boot after installing new video card computer will not boot It posts and video is displayed but it will not get past initializing HDD controller during boot I have unplugged all of the hardware I can think of but nothing seems to help Strange thing is this happens Computer will not boot after installing new video card on more than one type of video card and if I put my old card back in with the shotty fan and it works What can I do to remedy this problem Any help would be greatful Thanks nbsp

A:Computer will not boot after installing new video card

What other cards have you tried? It could be that your PSU isn't powerful enough....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-will-not-boot-after-installing-new-video-card.156010/
Relevancy 19.78%

My laptop is wireless thru netgear router in house. I have a desktop in a bldg remote from house without tel.svc. I can access the Internet thru my laptop in this bldg so I was wondering is there any way I can install wireless to my desktop thru my laptop. Hopefully I'm making myself clear as to what I'm trying to do. Thanks

A:Installing wireless from laptop to desktop in remote building

Alright, correct me if I have misunderstood anything:
1.) Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) uses DSL - way faster than dial-up even though it is through your phone line.
2.) You have a wireless router and your laptop can wirelessly access the Internet through it.
3.) In a building separate from the house, you have a desktop PC, yet no direct line to connect to the Internet.
4.) You therefor want to connect your desktop PC to the Internet wirelessly.

To do so, you will need a wireless network adapter installed in your desktop PC. Note how some adapters have clearly visible antennas while others look strikingly similar to the typical flash drive. It is unlikely that your desktop PC already has a wireless adapter, but go ahead and look for antennas at the back of the computer and the USB ports as well.

Before buying a wireless networking adapter for your desktop PC, be sure that your router is broadcasting a strong enough signal to reach the building in which your desktop PC resides. Your laptop will not actually be involved in connecting your desktop PC to the Internet, but we can use your laptop to check the routers signal strength in remote building.

So go ahead and bring your laptop to the building in which your desktop PC currently is and see if your laptop can still access the Internet just fine. Try watching a few Youtube videos and see if it still loads at roughly the same speed it typically does when your laptop is in your house.

If everything works great, then I recommend you purchase this particular wireless networking adapter for your desktop PC. It is incredibly easy to install since it is a USB adapter instead of a PCI one. You shouldn't have any issues with signal strength, assuming that even your laptop can browse the net just fine from that remote building. Finally, that particular wireless networking adapter has a 300 MB/s transfer rate, which is nice to have in case you ever go with cable Internet instead of DSL.

Best of luck and enjoy!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-wireless-from-laptop-to-desktop-in-remote-building.155997/
Relevancy 20.21%

Is this possible I have a few things I d like to do using Installing using external an Windows XP drive? my external if possible Can I create a partition on my external format it and create a Windows XP bootable file system My DVD-RAM crapped out about two months ago give or take a week or two and really need to reformat and throw a different copy of XP on my Acer instead of this hacked all to hell version I have on it Apparently my laptops do not like uber-hacked OS systems I also need to update the BIOS on a Dell Latitude CPi D XT but do not have a floppy drive I ve found tutorials on how to do it from a CD and from a flash drive but Installing Windows XP using an external drive? would it be possible to create a partition on my external and do it that way I do not have a flash drive nor do I have a way to burn a BIOS disk to flash that way nbsp

A:Installing Windows XP using an external drive?

Easiest thing to do, that I can suggest, is buy an external CD drive as well as a floppy drive.. Flashing from a floppy is generally safer and recommended from most Motherboard manufacturing companies.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong: It is possible I'm sure to install windows off an image already on the computer, but you would need something to extract the image and run it to install it onto an external.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installing-windows-xp-using-an-external-drive.155238/
Relevancy 32.68%

This will be a video editing workstation running premiere pro maybe elements Looking to spend up some need parts on editing feedback workstation video Building to Prices are from Newegg Just looking to make sure everything is compatible and that there aren t any bottlenecks and not sure if the PSU will have enough juice with just W Also thinking about adding an aftermarket cpu fan cooler EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi SuperClocked MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card Mail-in Rebate Card AMD Phenom II X T Black Edition Thuban GHz Socket AM W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT ZFBGRBOX CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR Building video editing workstation need some feedback on parts SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMX GX M A C CORSAIR CMPSU- VX W ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i Power Supply Mail-in Rebate Card SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM SATA Gb s Corsair Nova Series CSSD-V GB -BRKT quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD ASUS VH H Black quot ms GTG HDMI Widescreen Full HD P LCD Monitor ASUS M A TD USB AM AMD SATA Gb s USB AMD Motherboard SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner Black EIDE ATAPI Model SH-S A Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Subtotal Thanks for the help in advance nbsp

A:Building video editing workstation need some feedback on parts

I really would go with a larger Power supply, maybe something in a 650 + Range.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-video-editing-workstation-need-some-feedback-on-parts.155285/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hi, as the topic says, my screen isn't working after I put in a new graphics card. it was a Nvidia Geforce 9500, I put it in the correct slot, PCI or PCIe, and the screen doesn't even DETECT the computer now... the first time, I put it in poorly, the second it went in perfectly...but the screen still didn't work, I have been at this for 2 hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Screen not working after installing new graphics card

Did you have a graphics card before the nVidia 9500? If so, did you uninstall the old display drivers.

Check if the Primary Display Adapter in BIOS is set to PCI-E.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-not-working-after-installing-new-graphics-card.153856/
Relevancy 15.48%

This is my first time posting.

I just bought an ATI Radeon R4350 graphics card. I followed the (brief) installation instructions, but received "No signal" on two separate monitors, both of which had no problems previously. After reading some forums, I though I should disable the onboard graphics first, so I backtracked by removing the new graphics card and returning my monitors to their original ports. However, after returning to my original setup, I still got "No signal". I've already reset the BIOS, but still no results.

A:No signal after installing new graphics card, no signal after removing new card

Please indicate your computer specs.
Are you sure that your video card is compatible with the motherboard ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-signal-after-installing-new-graphics-card-no-signal-after-removing-new-card.153400/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hey Techspot I recently upgraded my graphics card after running onboard Intel graphics for Radeon installing rebooting HD Computer 5770 when a week and I bought a HIS Computer rebooting when installing Radeon HD 5770 Radeon GB DDR When I installed the Computer rebooting when installing Radeon HD 5770 card and attached the power cables to it and booted computer it just starts up and then powers down after - seconds Computer rebooting when installing Radeon HD 5770 Then starts up and powers down and it keeps repeating itself During this there s no signal to the monitor either If I unplug the power cables the computer boots up normally but doesnt show any signal on the monitor so have to switch back to onboard graphics Is this a power problem Read around the net and could see a - W PSU should be sufficient Specs MSI GM -F P GHz Corsair x GB DDR RAM ACE W PSU WD GB HDD I only have the HDD plugged in so don t understand if it s really a power problem Hope someone can help me out THanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer rebooting when installing Radeon HD 5770

Your mobo might not be grounded properly or your mobo died.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-rebooting-when-installing-radeon-hd-5770.152722/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello guys. I am new here and really hoping you guys could help me out!

Basically i formatted my computer yesterday and reinstalled Windows XP. But now when i try to add my drivers for my sound card i get an error. Its a Rundll error and its coming up every time i try and set it up.

The thing i am confused about is that my sound card says it is working properly. Its a Realtek AC'97.

Here are some pictures of the errors that i am getting:

I really hope you guys can give me some sort of information on how i can fix this. It would be must appreciated.

Kind Regards
Steve

A:No audio device found, after installing Realtek AC'97!

List any Problem Devices

Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
Generate and attach a DirectX report

click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-audio-device-found-after-installing-realtek-ac97.152313/