Windows Support Forum

Bluetooth doesn't work after last windows 10 updates on Octo...

Q: Bluetooth doesn't work after last windows 10 updates on Octo...

After tha last automatic update of Microsoft Windows 10 the bluetooth doesn't work. I can turn it on and off, but it doesn't recognize other devices and is not detected its presence from other devices, such as smartphones, so it is impossible to put them in communication and exchange files. Please, may anyone help me? Thank you, very much.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Bluetooth-doesn-t-work-after-last-windows-10-updates-on/td-p/5795594
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Bluetooth doesn't work after last windows 10 updates on Octo...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FW doesn't Windows Bluetooth My Professional on work 7 x64 J laptop with built in bluetooth Broadcom Widcomm Alps My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional something like that some drivers had the former name others the last one I use Windows x Professional and it seems that the bluetooth doesn't My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional work After the fresh install few months ago it worked Meanwhile I didn't use it because I didn't need it But today I tried to use it but it can't find my device mobile phone I tried with many device but it seems that the bluetooth doesn't scan for devices I can't also see it from other device my phone doesn't see it I tried three driver versions but none of them does anything more than what I have described above The install does all good but after that nothing work I see the BT icon in tray near the volume icon but if I click on it it appears an empty page scanning for new device forever Neither adding a device nor opening the settings worked The quot Allow new device to connect quot is blurred gray so I can't click it If I uninstall the driver Windows uses its own driver but this does also not work I think it's not a driver problem but a Windows one since it worked some time ago I don't know what to do Can anyone help me Thanks in advance

A:My Bluetooth doesn't work on Windows 7 x64 Professional

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

Hi,
After the fresh install (few months ago) it worked.

So we know that it does actually work with Windows 7, but you just cant get it to now.

Quote: Originally Posted by beethoven

The "Allow new device to connect" is blurred gray, so I can't click it.

What about "Add a Device"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/58744-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-windows-7-x64-professional.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi I have a USB Bluetooth Dongle I use this with XP sp that I keep fully updated I did an update today and following this my bluetooth dongle does not work I have used the windows update site to look at my update history and it tells me that one of my udates was this iAnywhere - Other hardware - ISSC EDR Bluetooth after doesn't Bluetooth update work windows USB Adapter I think that if i remove this and try again my bluetooth dongle should work edit I should add that I am unable to find this program to remove it - which is why I am posting I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the driver and it doesn t seem to do any good Does anyone have any ideas please Will I Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update have a ghost image that I took today just before doing the windows update I could just restore Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update the image but am a little nervous because I have never done it before nbsp

A:Bluetooth doesn't work after windows update

Hi,

You'll be glad to know I stopped being a WUSS, and restored the Ghost image I made this morning. It was nerve wracking but went well. I'm posting here after all.

Will

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-doesnt-work-after-windows-update.111783/
Relevancy 76.11%

The problem appeared in two different laptops (Lenovo and Fujitsu). The bluetooth hardware is not visible in device manager anymore, but unrecognized device appeared. Driver reinstall doesn't help. Driver installation setup says there is no bluetooth hardware.
PC Suite is installed , worked fine before.

How to restore bluetooth?

A:After Windows 7 update bluetooth doesn't work anymore.

Eventually Fujitsu went to service as it stopped booting even from CD and USB. Had MOBO replaced. Came back yesterday had win 7 installed. Everything was fine till I installed Nokia Ovi and tried to use Bluetooth. Then the same hapenned - first USB unknown device than no boot at all. I am desperate - I dont believe this is hardware (2 mobos?) but I can't access the machine at all. If this was software it should boot from Win 7 DVD - but it hangs displaying 'starting windows'. I can access BIOS setup and I can boot only some DOS emergency boot CD allowing me to copy or erase whole disc, but I can't reinstall OS. Please help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-windows-7-update-bluetooth-doesnt-work-anymore.985379/
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello all Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse Bluetooth doesn't work on my Professional Mouse doesn't work on Bluetooth 64bit Microsoft 7 Windows Dell laptop Here is some more detailed information Laptop Dell Vostro Operation System Windows Professional bit SP Steps to reproduce turn on Bluetooth of Sculpt Touch Mouse go to 'Devices Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit and Printers' add a device double click 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' on the list of popup screen the 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' device icon will be added to device list on 'Devices and Printers' ovserved that the icon of 'Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse' was grey out and couldn't be used tried to move the mouse but no response and the light on the top of the mouse keeps flashing red lt -- gt green The Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse was suppose to be setup install in one minute That's why I prefer to buying the Microsoft mouse product But it wasn't It took me few days to try to install it and it was still failed Could everyone tell me how to fix that Thanks

A:Microsoft Bluetooth Mouse doesn't work on Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Try installing this software/driver for microsoft mouse and keyboard first: Microsoft Sculpt Touch Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/363911-microsoft-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work-windows-7-professional-64bit.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

A:My bluetooth doesn't work. bttray doesn't open.

Quote: Originally Posted by Karstin1812

Hello.
I am quite new here, but I've been wanting to get this problem solved for a long time, and I haven't seemed to get any answer.

So here's my problem:

I bought my Asus N53SV for around a year ago, and it worked great. But for some reason something changed.
When I try to open bluetooth, nothing happens. And when I want to connect anything using bluetooth, it doesn't work.

I tried to do this:
[windows] + r >bttray
But nothing opens up.

Please help!

Thank you,
Karstin

Hi Karstin,

Welcome to Seven Forums.

You would need to re-install Bluetooth software/driver for your system. Please check the link below for finding out the drivers:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/289528-my-bluetooth-doesnt-work-bttray-doesnt-open.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Acer aspire's Bluetooth doesn't work since I bought it I've installed drivers too but it doesn't work what should I do.
In its specs it has Bluetooth . But there is no Bluetooth device found in device manager how to repair this.
Please HELP!!

A:acer aspire 4738' s bluetooth doesn't work but wifi work?

Hi ... Welcome to Seven Forums ... What is the Model Number of your Laptop ? ...

Did you buy the Laptop from new ? ...
Did you mean Windows 7 x86 ?...
If your System Specs are correct you have 4 GB of ram ? ...
If that is the case your Windows should be 64 Bit ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/377316-acer-aspire-4738-s-bluetooth-doesnt-work-but-wifi-work.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I just spent the last 30 hours downloading and installing all the update for 8.1 on my new Acer Laptop. Now the system will not shut down, update will not open and restore does not work. Also the sound system does not work. I've tried the recovery options but all I get is unending aero. Shutdown produces background apps still running and will only work if I physically turn off the power.

I'm at a loss to know what to do next. I did not expect to have these problems with a brand new system and by following all the proper procedures for updating.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65500-updates-completed-windows-control-panel-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all!

I have bought a HP 6730b notebook (type: HP KU216ET), it has got built-in Bluetooth. I have installed 32bit Windows 7, but the bluetooth doesn't work. I cannot find any driver to make that working good..

HP Compaq 6730b Notebook PC*-* Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center - here is a driver for XP, but when I install, it said that I have to turn on Bluetooth... I don't know what to do...

I don't know what's the type of the built-in Bluetooth, maybe broadcom, I tried this driver: Broadcom.com - Bluetooth Software Download

but there's the same message while install: Turn on Bluetooth...

What can I do? I have a bluetooth mouse, so I need to make bluetooth working good...

Thx a lot!

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Look in "Services" and see if it's enabled.
Type services.msc in the start search box, then click on the gear icon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/15617-bluetooth-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I've had this problem for quite a while now and it's starting to drive me crazy My bluetooth devices can't connect to my laptop because it appears as though they can't find it at all The device work doesn't Bluetooth bluetooth speakers was already added and used to work with my laptop and it still works with my phone or other computers without any trouble but my laptop's bluetooth just isn't working I Bluetooth doesn't work can't delete it from my added devices to try and re-add it Worst of all I can't open Bluetooth settings at all Not using Control Panel not using the bluetooth icon not using search just not at all I click it and nothing happens So I've tried to look it up in Services msc to see if it might be disabled but it says it should be running In msconfig it says the Bluetooth service is stopped however Either way I'd love to use my bluetooth devices with my laptop again so if anyone knows how to fix this that would be awesome

A:Bluetooth doesn't work

Go back to Services and right click on the Bluetooth support service and double click on it.

When the Bluetooth support service properties open look to see what the startup type is, then click on Start in the the Service status.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537040/bluetooth-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 68.37%

I just instal my laptop with windows 8.1, but the bluetooth devices can not connect with others devices such as smartphone, tabs, etc. whereas in the device manager there are two devices for bluetooh. please help! Thanks 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-bluetooth-device-doesn-t-work/td-p/5782028
Relevancy 68.37%

I have this exact issue:

A Bluetooth device stops working, and you receive error code 43 together with event 17 after you resume a computer that is running Windows 7 from sleep

It used to happen sometimes on Win 7 32 bit, I've now changed to Win 7 64 bit and I can replicate it everytime I put the machine in and out of sleep.

The only way to fix is to use a different USB mouse to go into Device Manager and disable/re-enable the bluetooth device.

The reason for my post is that I requested the hotfix, yet upon trying to install it, I get a message telling me that it's not applicable for my PC?

Win 7 64 bit Home Premium, SP1, with all available Windows updates installed.

Any further ideas?

Thanks

A:Bluetooth doesn't work after resuming from S3

Usually power state errors like this can be resolved through driver updates too.
Have you pursued seeking driver updates via the company that provided the device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187340-bluetooth-doesnt-work-after-resuming-s3.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi
I recently bought a new laptop (ASUS K70IC) that has no Bluetooth (BT). I also bought a Bluetooth mouse with it, Genius 905BT and an USB Bluetooth dongle, I thought that would work. But it doesn't. Other Bluetooth devices show up when I search for them, but the mouse doesn't. I tried that in XP SP3 too (desktop PC) but it doesnt show up there either.
So my questions are:
1. Does anyone have a configuration of a BT USB dongle + BT mouse?
2. Do you think it should work? (BT dongle + BT mouse)

A:Bluetooth mouse doesn't work

Have you put your mouse into the "Discovery Mode"?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/51551-bluetooth-mouse-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My Bluetooth keyboard stopped working with just one specific laptop. (acer aspire E5-771G-76QZ)Laptop says it is paired but my keyboard his Bluetooth light lights up when pressing a button (this means it's not connected to anything).so I tried the keyboard on other devices (laptop, desktop, phone) and it works just fine.When trying to delete the keyboard from the paired devices, it "installs" it self when restarting the laptop, I even deleted my Bluetooth drivers and deleted all the files with iobit uninstaller, after restarting my laptop, Bluetooth was installed by it self again and the keyboard was "paired".ps. I can pair my phone or other Bluetooth devices without any problem with this laptop, so it looks like it's a quarrel between the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/bluetooth-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/443699
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi all I need some Bluetooth work Helix doesn't help with my new Helix - CG nbsp I've been using this machine Helix Bluetooth doesn't work for almost a month and bluetooth never even showed up in Windows With all the drivers installed BIOS updated to latest version Bluetooth is not working neither showed up ever in Device Manager nbsp Bluetooth is enabled in BIOS and the Bluetooth service also in Windows Services but no change Disabling and re-enabling it in BIOS with several restarts was also no success nbsp nbsp I tried Broadcom's official driver too but the driver couldn't even detect my bluetooth device nbsp Recently I upgraded to Windows to see if it solves the problem but still no change I installed the official Lenovo Bluetooth driver The installation was quick and succesful but still no bluetooth after all nbsp I think I tried every possible solution but there is still no Bluetooth in Windows Device Manager What could I possibly do now nbsp Thank you in advance Solved Go to Solution

A:Helix Bluetooth doesn't work

I've had the exact same problem with my 3701-33M. Sent in to Lenovo and it turns out the bluetooth device was missing. Pulled out another brand new one I had on hand, same thing, sent in, no bluetooth card physically installed. The build sheets for these device serial numbers show an asterisk next to the bluetooth device saying "or equivalent". Received my replacement unit under warranty and guess what? Also has no bluetooth. Seems like a full manufacturing batch went out without the cards even being installed. Pretty dodgy QC on these Helixes unfortunately.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Tablet-and/Helix-Bluetooth-doesn-t-work/td-p/2193130
Relevancy 68.37%

My Bluetooth keyboard stopped working with just one specific laptop. (acer aspire E5-771G-76QZ)Laptop says it is paired but my keyboard his Bluetooth light lights up when pressing a button (this means it's not connected to anything).so I tried the keyboard on other devices (laptop, desktop, phone) and it works just fine.When trying to delete the keyboard from the paired devices, it "installs" it self when restarting the laptop, I even deleted my Bluetooth drivers and deleted all the files with iobit uninstaller, after restarting my laptop, Bluetooth was installed by it self again and the keyboard was "paired".ps. I can pair my phone or other Bluetooth devices without any problem with this laptop, so it looks like it's a quarrel between the laptop and the Bluetooth keyboard.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/bluetooth-doesn-t-work-properly/td-p/443699/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a Dell vostro 1220. I recently upgraded from XP 32 to 7 64. Everything is working fine except the bluetooth adapter. The drivers are installed, it appears in the device manager but not in Control Panel > Network and Internet. I've tried different bluetooth stack software but the problem seams to be with the hardware. It just won't switch on.

I did some hardware upgrades as well more ram and HDD to SSD, all working fine. OS install went well, back up was fine. I'm out of ideas other than I broke it when opening up the laptop. I hope this isn't the case.

Suggestions?

A:Bluetooth adapter issue - it exists but it doesn't work

Quote: Originally Posted by nyler

I have a Dell vostro 1220. I recently upgraded from XP 32 to 7 64. Everything is working fine except the bluetooth adapter. The drivers are installed, it appears in the device manager but not in Control Panel > Network and Internet. I've tried different bluetooth stack software but the problem seams to be with the hardware. It just won't switch on.

I did some hardware upgrades as well more ram and HDD to SSD, all working fine. OS install went well, back up was fine. I'm out of ideas other than I broke it when opening up the laptop. I hope this isn't the case.

Suggestions?

Hi nyler,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Please let me know which wireless/bluetooth network card you have on the system. You need to update the application and driver for the system.

Let us know the model so we can provide you the exact link to get it updated. Check this video which would be helpful in updating all the drivers:

Updating Dell Drivers

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/308665-bluetooth-adapter-issue-exists-but-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi!I tried to reinstall the drivers for wireless, but it seems that the device manager recognizes that the notebook has bluetooth (Ralink_RT3290), however, it does not function. Can you please help?Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Pavilion-g6-2303-sh-bluetooth-detected-but-doesn-t-work-on/td-p/5833858
Relevancy 66.65%

Pasting in contextual information from another post OBconflicker Bi nf worm keeps reappearing windows defender monitor stops working slow computer windows search protocol windows pop up Malware virusPop up windows keep appearing quot Windows search protocol host stopped working stopped, protocol search work, doesn't firefox work microsoft host windows slow, itunes doesn't and was closed quot Itunes occassionally doesn t work Media Sync doesn t work Hard Drive keeps working microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work in the microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work background Windows Defender no longer monitors the running programs End of added information microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work OBLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU TrayIcon exeC Program Files Common Files Intel IntelDH NMS Support IntelHCTAgent exeC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows sttray exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp nkapg r exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp smss exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BullGuard exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows system WerFault exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp csrss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp system exeC Program Files Intel IntelDH CCU CCU Engine exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low services exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low smss exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low notepad exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low win exeC Users Owner AppData Local Temp Low Low login exeC Program Files BullGuard Ltd BullGuard BGScan exeC Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXEC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http home mywebsearch com index jhtml pt amp n ce dR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit C Windows system winlogon exeO - Hosts localhost Inserted By STOPzilla O - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run readericon C Program Files Digital Media Reader readericon G exeO - HKLM Run Recguard WINDIR SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run Reminder WINDIR Creator Remind XP exeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Progr... Read more

A:microsoft windows search protocol host stopped, slow, firefox doesn't work, itunes doesn't work

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/289777/microsoft-windows-search-protocol-host-stopped-slow-firefox-doesnt-work-itunes-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 63.21%

I updated Windows 7 64bit and it installed IE9 64bit. I used to be in IE8 64 or 32bit. I'm not sure.

When on IE9 I had so much problems with flash player. So I uninstalled the updates to IE9.

Now my IE8 doesn't fully work anymore. I updated Flash player, thinking that was the problem. Some thing with Internet Explorere (non-64bit)

I play a lot of those Facebook applications like farmville and cityville. I can get to the game ok, but any popup within the game to ask request, don't work anymore.

I am already using firefox for my other account, so I need IE working.

A:IE8 doesn't work properly after uninstalling updates from IE9

is there a specific error? perhaps a screenshot.

When I installed IE9 on this machine and then removed it,. the only noticeable problem I have is I get the new welcome box everytime I fire up the first session.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/161701-ie8-doesnt-work-properly-after-uninstalling-updates-ie9.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I just installed the latest updates for win 7 and after restarting my external HDD doesn't get recognised.

This is the Error in device manager:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

A:External Drive doesn't work after latest updates

I reinstalled my chipset drivers and now my WD Elements is recognised and works.

I don't know how this happened but sure it had something to do with these last lot of updates.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62759-external-drive-doesnt-work-after-latest-updates.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I have an older PC with Vista Business on it. The RAID chip was having a problem so it just sat for about 9 months until an update to the bios allowed me to change the RAID properties. I am able to get to the windows logon screen but it would not accept my password (same password I always use on all 4 machines I have). So I went ahead and did the pending updates, and it still won't take the password. I even use the Password Hint to help so that I don't forget my password, and still no luck. The funny part is there is a reset password link that is useless if you didn't make a floppy. Well, I didn't even know that function was available or I would have made one...
So anyway, how else can I get in, or is there another solution to why my password is not working?

Thanks,
Kevin

A:First boot in 9 months, 15 updates Logon doesn't work anymore???

Problem Solved -
I finally was able to word my search properly and located a post referencing a website detailing how to burn a bootable cd that would allow you to change the information in registry. I am unable to find the post but a search using Lost Password seems to pull up a bunch of relavent posts.
Thanks,
Kevin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/first-boot-in-9-months-15-updates-logon-doesnt-work-anymore-284846.html
Relevancy 61.92%

How's that for a Topic?

I first noticed the problem while trying to install QuickBooks.
It complained about the .NET framework.
When I went to Add/Remove Windows components, it was blank.
I googled and studied more.
I tried SFC /scan now. "Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation."
Notice Application log is full of 1001 - Windows Error reporting with the following:
WindowsWcpOtherFailure3Not available06.1.7601base\wcp\componentstore\storelayout.cpp

SURT appears to install, but really doesn't run.
There are more symptoms, but that's enough for starters.

CBS logs attached.

I appreciate any help you can offer.
TalbotM

A:Updates loop, SFC won't run, SURT doesn't work, Can't System Restore

The CheckSUR reports this...

Code:
Checking Packages
(f) CSI Unable to Query Store Version 0x00000002
This means that there is a major problem with your registry.

I need to have a look at your COMPONENTS registry hive

Please copy the C:\Windows\System32\config\COMPONENTS file (no extension) to your desktop and then compress it - upload the compressed file to your favoured fileshare site (preferably Dropbox or OneDrive) and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/333123-updates-loop-sfc-wont-run-surt-doesnt-work-cant-system-restore.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi all I ask for any pointers to start looking at this if you can This week after some MS work mouse doesn't this week after updates Middle some button updates from MS in my W OS I noticed that clicking the middle button is not working at all Normally in a browser you can open in a new tab or close a tab etc I have a Microsoft Middle mouse button doesn't work after some MS updates this week wireless mobile mouse Whet I get this mouse and connected for the first time windows at the time some driver was installed and also quot Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center quot was downloaded and installed Everything worked fine I upgrade to W and no problem with this until earlier this week Testing the options in the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center none of them works when I click the Middle mouse button doesn't work after some MS updates this week middle button I just download and installed the version from the site Installed in a regular fashion and in compatible mode for W can you believe this is not for w The scroll function works fine even the Flip scrolling direction Later I went to a DELL desktop W and I tried the MS mouse there and works fine Maybe I have to quot tell quot W to forget his is a MS mouse and to have the default driver If such how Also I tried the mouse from that desktop here in windows and works fine dell mouse without installing anything myself Middle mouse button doesn't work after some MS updates this week Any ideas are welcome and appreciated Best regards and thanks for your time

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/37710-middle-mouse-button-doesnt-work-after-some-ms-updates-week.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Updated to Windows from Windows two weeks ago Had problems with Firefox Tried to download to replace existing Firefox CNET site appeared to be correct but something seemed wrong so I killed the download But - The windows start menu doesn't come up when I click on the icon but if I right-click a text menu does appear and lets me for example shut down - If I click on the Windows End icon in the task bar the screen flashes but End does not come up Ditto for the Windows Store icon - Somewhere SpyBot S amp D was erased etc windows - problems 10 doesn't appear, menu windows doesn't start key work, but I was able to download it - If I double-click on a photo in Windows Explorer I get a popup that lists the name of the jpeg and says Invalid Entry to Registry If I right click on the photo and go to any of the options the photo is opened except if I choose Photo - Firefox cannot properly display the Yahoo mail page though Pale Moon windows 10 problems - start menu doesn't appear, windows key doesn't work, etc and Opera can - I have Avast Anti-Virus and MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and when I run their scans they find no issues SO there are a few issues that I need help with

A:windows 10 problems - start menu doesn't appear, windows key doesn't work, etc

Hello,
Well the first thing you should try is to Run System Restore to before all of these problems started or to when you first installed Windows 10.
Then try to download Firefox from there website
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Third thing is I would recommend to get rid of Avast it is low end and could be allowing virus I recommend ether McAfee or Norton Security.

Those are some things to think about
but it is all up to you when making your final decision

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588007/windows-10-problems-start-menu-doesnt-appear-windows-key-doesnt-work-etc/
Relevancy 58.48%

Cant get it to updateand when i use thr troubleshooternit doesnt work either Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Administrator doesn't doesn't troubleshooter and work 7 update Windows administrator on - - at Running from D Users Administrator Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Google com is accessible Yahoo com is accessible Windows Firewall mpsdrv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of mpsdrv service is OK The ImagePath of mpsdrv service is OK MpsSvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of MpsSvc service is set to Disabled The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of MpsSvc service is OK The ServiceDll of MpsSvc service is OK Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration Checking Start type ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work registry key The service key does not exist Checking ImagePath ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Checking ServiceDll ATTENTION gt Unable to open SDRSVC registry key The service key does not exist Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work System Restore Disabled Policy Action Center Windows Update Windows Autoupdate Disabled Policy Windows Defender WinDefend Service is not running Checking service configuration Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work The start type of WinDefend service is set to Demand The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of WinDefend service is OK The ServiceDll of WinDefend service is OK Windows Defender Disabled Policy HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows Defender DisableAntiSpyware DWORD Other Services File Check D Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit D Windows system dhcpcore dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation D B DA D A E EB A DD D Windows system Drivers tdx sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FE A DFA C A E AE C AAB D Windows system Drivers tcpip sys gt File is digitally signed D Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit D Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit D Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit D Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit D Windows system wscsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system wuaueng dll gt File is digitally signed D Windows system qmgr dll gt MD is legit D Windows system es dll gt MD is legit D Windows system cryptsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CA BECEA DE ADDAD E A C D Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CF F FAE DE AD EB D Windows system ipnathlp dll gt MD is legit D Windows system iphlpsvc dll gt MD is legit D Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit D Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log Edit Topic moved from Windows to the more appropriate forum due to FRST log Animal

A:Windows 7 doesn't update and troubleshooter doesn't work

Hello,

Please follow the instructions Here to run the System Update Readiness Tool. When the SURT finishes installing, copy (Ctrl + C) and paste (Ctrl + V) the contents of the SURT log into your next post please:C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.logC:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CheckSUR.persist.log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/561979/windows-7-doesnt-update-and-troubleshooter-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 57.19%

hi, I know there are many in the forum who have the same problem as mine. 

my computer was running fine last friday. I tried to start it on saturday, it says it can't startup and need to repair startup. I did run the repair but still can't startup. I tried to use system restore to earlier dates, it still can't startup. The computer has trojan virus before and I tried the anti-malware from internet to kill them. seems that it create more problem for my PC. I have some important files in the computer that I wish I have archived. 

wonder if any one can help. thx in advance.

A:can't start up computer-window7, repair doesn't work, restore doesn't work

I'll report this topic to appropriate helpers.
Hold on there...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493688/cant-start-up-computer-window7-repair-doesnt-work-restore-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 57.19%

Help my windows 7 laptop just keeps rebooting and i cant get to safe mode or recovery what should i do ?

A:system recovery doesn't work and safe mode doesn't work and just keeps reboting

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631274/system-recovery-doesnt-work-and-safe-mode-doesnt-work-and-just-keeps-reboting/
Relevancy 57.19%

I cannot get Windows Media Encoder to home, Encoder work at does work Windows at Media doesn't work at all at home but I have no problems with it at work so I Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work know I m not trying to do something with it that it can t handle At home every time I try to convert either an AVI or a VOB to WMV either using the wizard or the custom settings it lets me get through it all and then when it starts Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work trying to encode it throws up the message quot Windows Media Encoder has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience quot It never gives me any more information than this just crashes and closes I ve tried repairing it through the control panel as well as completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it but it hasn t helped At home I m running Windows XP Media Center At work where I ve never had it crash I m running Windows XP Professional Is there something in Media Center that causes it to crash Is there any patch I can download or thing I can do to get it to work on my home computer Thanks for your help nbsp

A:Windows Media Encoder doesn't work at home, does at work

I'm currently having the same problem . I open the .vob file set the output folder , settings etc etc . just as it was about to start converting , WME just stops and crashes . I use windows xp home edition so if your company's xp professional can make it work im thinking it is something in the professional edition which allows it to work not something in our edition that doesnt allow it to work. Are there any alternatives for encoding a video? i dont have much cash right now so i was hoping i might find some freeware alternatives . thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-encoder-doesnt-work-at-home-does-at-work.582955/
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently just bought a msi z87 mpower Intel motherboard and it came with a blue tooth adapter. now for some reason I can not enable the device. there is no wireless tab under the change pc settings in pc settings however it is listed under device manager. it says every thing is correct with the driver and when I go to control panel and go to devices and printers the Bluetooth device is not there. I even did a fresh install of windows 8. not sure how to fix this one.

thanks, have a nice day

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/38912-windows-8-bluetooth-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi All
Windows8.1 do not recognize any bluetooth., But Windows 8 will be easily identified. Install bluetooth driver in Windows 8.1, but I do not know why I can not be activated.

Model: Asus k53sd

A:Bluetooth does not work in Windows 8.1

Not sure if this is your problem but it is what worked for me due Bluetooth Support Service not having the right permissions:

Unable to REMOVE Bluetooth mouse

Does Bluetooth Support Service show up as running in Task Manager/Services?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/34125-bluetooth-does-not-work-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I suppose the title says it all, my computer has some sort of infection where every search in google in both firefox and internet explorer redirect the searches to random pages. Additionally, typing in certain addresses simply won't load where I know the page should work, such as certain links on microsoft.com. Furthermore, I have enabled Automatic Updates and it tells me that it is not enabled even though it clearly is in the settings and going to the update page through internet explorer simply does not work. I have read through various other forums here at bleepingcomputer.com and followed their instructions but nothing has fixed the problem so I figured I'd post as well and start fresh. A huge thanks in advance to whomever is able to help me out. So, where do I begin?

-BlueSuitcase

A:Firefox and Internet Explorer Redirecting Pages/Pages Won't Load/Auto Updates Doesn't Work

Here is the DDS Log and Attached is the Attach.txt
 Attach.txt   13.02KB
  0 downloads

DDS (Ver_11-03-05.01) - NTFSx86
Run by user at 3:08:50.73 on Fri 01/03/2003
Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_24
Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.1.2600.3.1252.1.1033.18.511.124 [GMT -8:00]
AV: COMODO Antivirus *Disabled/Updated* {043803A5-4F86-4ef7-AFC5-F6E02A79969B}
============== Running Processes ===============
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe -k DcomLaunch
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdagent.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
svchost.exe
svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
c:\program files\common files\logitech\lvmvfm\LVPrcSrv.exe
svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\TopSpeed\2.0\aoltsmon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe -k imgsvc
C:\WINNT\wanmpsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\wscntfy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1161876944\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
C:\WINNT\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\WINNT\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\Program Files\VIA\VIAudioi\EnvyADeck\EnMixCPL.exe
C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cfp.exe
C:\WINNT\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\user\My Documents\Downloads\dds.scr
============== Pseudo HJT Report ===============
uStart Page = hxxp://www.google.com/
BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper: {06849e9f-c8d7-4d59-b87d-784b7d6be0b3} - c:\program files\adobe\acrobat 7.0\activex\AcroIEHelper.dll
BHO: Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper: {dbc80044-a445-435b-bc74-9c25c1c588a9} - c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
BHO: JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class: {e7e6f031-17ce-4c07-bc86-eabfe594f69c} - c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll
TB: {4E7BD74F-2B8D-469E-8CB0-AB60BB9AAE22} - No File
TB: {4982D40A-C53B-4615-B15B-B5B5E98D167C} - No File
mRun: [HostManager] c:\program files\common files\aol\1161876944\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
mRun: [AOLDialer] c:\program files\common files\aol\acs\AOLDial.exe
mRun: [LVCOMSX] c:\winnt\system32\LVCOMSX.EXE
mRun: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\winnt\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
mRun: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
mRun: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
mRun: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE c:\winnt\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
mRun: [EnvyHFCPL] c:\program files\via\viaudioi\envyadeck\EnMixCPL.exe 1
mRun: [QuickTime Task] "c:\program files\quicktime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
mRun: [COMODO Internet Security] "c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security\cfp.exe" -h
mRun: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "c:\program files\common files\java\java update\jusched.exe"
dRun: [ctfmon.exe] c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
StartupFolder: c:\docume~1\alluse~1.win\startm~1\programs\startup\micros~1.lnk - c:\program files\microsoft office\office\OSA9.EXE
IE: Google Sidewiki... - c:\program files\google\google toolbar\component\GoogleToolbarDynamic_mui_en_D183CA64F05FDD98.dll/cmsidewiki.html
IE: {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba384965... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388946/firefox-and-internet-explorer-redirecting-pagespages-wont-loadauto-updates-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am trying to connect a Logtech wireless headset. I cannot find any settings for Bluetooth, or driver updates. On the bottom of the laptop I found the model number 15-1010wm. I tried connecting wth Control Panel>Devices and Printers, and the connect a device option. It found a phone, but not the headphones. In the summer I was looking in the settings and saw Bluetooth, either on my laptop or my siblings' (neither of them have Bluetooth options now). I have looked in Device Manager on mine and my siblings' laptop, and saw no Bluetooth. I have looked at multiple guides and none of them work. I know the headphones work because I connected them to my tablet.  Does anyone have any ideas or links to Bluetooth drivers that might help?

A:Can't Get Bluetooth to Work On Windows 8.1 Laptop

I remember a month or two ago Windows updated. This could be helpful.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Can-t-Get-Bluetooth-to-Work-On-Windows-8-1-Laptop/td-p/5854699
Relevancy 55.04%

I am trying to use my CD-ROM drive and it doesn't work here are the list of things I have tried

Uninstalled and reinstalled the cd-rom driver it is a Matbleepa UJ-840D CD-ROM/DVD/CD-RW in my HP laptop (Didn't work)

Read stuff about code 39 and removed in the registry edit screen Upperfilters, Upperfilters.bak, Lowerfilters, Lowerfilters.bak and rebooted (Didn't work)

Removed itunes from computer (didn't solve the issue with cd-rom player)

Went back to a system restore point that was before the last time I used the CD-rom player and it worked and that (didn't work as well)

Read a lot of different posts about code 39 and nothing is given after the above steps are taken if it still won't work except to reformat which I would prefer not to do.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:CD-ROM doesn't work, code 39 error, tried many things still doesn't work

1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.or...2. Delete Upper & Lower Filters http://support.microsoft.com/kb/982116Restart computer.or...3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patchDouble click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.Accept registry merge.Restart computer.or...4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.You'll see two items:- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443264/cd-rom-doesnt-work-code-39-error-tried-many-things-still-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi, I have a windows 7. I have found the bluetooth in my computer, it says "fsquirt" aswell. When I open the file, it says send files or recieve files. So if i click on Send Files, it says " select where to send your files" with a large box under it which i cannot type in. If i press recieve files, it says " windows was unable to transfer some files, an address incompatible with the requested protocol was used.

So i dont know how to fix this!?! Help please? I'm trying to send videos from my phone to my computer via bluetooth!
Thanks!

A:(Bluetooth on computer) I've got bluetooth but it wont work! HELP!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bluetooth-on-computer-ive-got-bluetooth-but-it-wont-work-help.944053/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am used to windows notifying me in the system tray (and/or popups from the system tray) when there are new updates. But my windows isn't doing that.

A:Why doesn't windows notify me about updates?

It might be that Windows Update is turned off to re-enable it do the following:

Step 1: To turn on the Automatic Updates click "Start" and type "Windows Update" in the search box, then click "Windows Update" in the program list.

Step 2: In the left pane, click "Change Settings"

Step 3: Select the Option you want.

Step 4:
Under "Recommended Updates", select the "Give Me Recommended Updates the Same Way I Receive Important Updates" or "Include Recommended Updates When Downloading, Installing or notifying me about Updates" check box and click "Ok"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590730/why-doesnt-windows-notify-me-about-updates/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey there So I was trying to update my Windows Home Premium on my rather dated a boot after doesn't tried Updates, Windows lot... Asus A JA notebook but after installing updates through Windows Update the system fails to boot anymore it simply freezes just before showing the Windows boot logo or text thus a black screen just after BIOS check it freezes with no message displaying NOTE The system works flawlessly after installing W Home Premium with SP Windows doesn't boot after Updates, tried a lot... error only happens when updating packages through Windows update afterwards It's over updates so I cannot really pinpoint the culprit alas Things I've tried so far - Trying to boot in Safe Mode gt same freeze Halts Windows doesn't boot after Updates, tried a lot... after loading displaying CI dll - Trying to set an earlier restore point before the Updates took place via Recovery console but I get an error x FFFF that the system failed to restore to a previous point - Ran sfc scannow through the Command Prompt in Recovery console but I get a quot system repair pending which requires reboot quot message thus failes since I cannot successfully re boot the system - Ran bcdboot C Windows bootrec FixMBR bootrec FixBoot gt didn't help boot freeze remains - Tried booting with log files enabled but Ntbtlog txt is NOT being created to check - Did a full wipe and format fresh Windows install with only SP installed again system boots and works flawlessly at this point but once hitting Updates and rebooting system freezes again - Updated BIOS and Mainboard Intel Chip drivers updated graphics drivers etc to the latest versions and trying updating Windows updates afterwards again same freeze - Tried Startup Repair through Recovery says it didn't find any boot errors - Ran a chkdisk with all possible flags no errors found - Checked for faulty RAM and HDD no errors found I know for certain the ASUS A JA does work with Windows but I don't know what I'm doing wrong I figure a particular Windows update is messing with the drivers but I don't know how to pinpoint it I didn't install any software just a clean Windows install incl SP nothing more Any ideas

A:Windows doesn't boot after Updates, tried a lot...

UPDATE:

a "DISM.exe /image:C:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions" run via Commant Prompt does allow me to reboot the system successfully afterwards but of course, reverts all Windows Updates again, so I'm back to square one :/

I guess I'll have to update the packages one by one and see which one prevents the system from restarting?
So there goes 110 reboots, ha!

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/297284-windows-doesnt-boot-after-updates-tried-lot.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have windows 7, I´ve tried to update windows, but keeps looking for updates for mo than 12 hours. I've tried some options to download fix´s alone, but they also look for updates, same thing.

Please help me!!

Thanks!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f9b3de63-2432-4c8a-939e-1007cffe0cc4/windows-update-looks-for-updates-for-ever-doesnt-find-anything?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 53.32%

I've got the HTC One M8 for Windows, currently running OS build 10.0.10586.164 and am on the Insider Release Preview ring. When I attempt to "Check for updates", it's not finding anything (even though there are more recent builds available - i.e. Anniversary Update). How can I force it to update? Do I have to factory reset it for it to be able to find the new updates?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436992-windows-10-mobile-doesnt-find-new-updates.html
Relevancy 53.32%

HELP! My warranty expired just couple weeks ago and guess what, problems started to appear.  My 11e ThinkPad doesn't download windows updates, I kept it on for about 5 hours - nothing! I've tried window's update troubleshooter and that thing would run for hours with no results. Lenovo solution center just freezes everything, even Ctrl+Alt+Delete. Had to hold power button couple times. Kind of tempted to delete everything "Lenovo" on that machine. Could not download/ install windows 10 because it would try to download installation program to Lenovo recovery disk and of course, there is not enough space there.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/11e-doesn-t-download-windows-updates-won-t-install-windows-10/td-p/3398574
Relevancy 52.89%

windows updates doesn't continue downloading when rebooted, is it really normal or do i have to do something. it was 70% but when i rebooted my box it goes back to 0%.

A:windows updates doesn't continue downloading when rebooted

I guess that I have to ask...why would you reboot the system...when you are trying to download anything?

Logically, it should go back to initiation of the download....there are only a few updates that allow for interruption and resume activity...and I believe those are all SP downloads.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/173197/windows-updates-doesnt-continue-downloading-when-rebooted/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all I've got an -year-old Sony Vaio laptop Intel Ghz GB RAM that's running for updates doesn't Windows checks but Vista find any Vista SP I don't use it very often these days as I use Mac OS both at home and at work now However I've recently had to do some work in Serif Page Plus and I've been using the laptop again I updated MBAM and installed Kaspersky on it for AV protection I used MSE in Windows Vista checks for updates but doesn't find any the past but had a spare licence for Kaspersky Total Security and decided to make use of it I've been trying to update Vista It usually just shows 'Checking for Updates' but doesn't do anything This morning it did report in the taskbar that it had downloaded updates up to but when I clicked on the 'New Updates Available' message in the taskbar it just went back to 'Checking for Updates' It's been hours and nothing has changed According to the list of updates the last install was in That sounds about right as that's probably the last time I used the laptop As far as I'm aware sorry I'm really out of practice with Windows these days it's not possible to manually download updates via Internet Explorer like it was with XP Any help on this would be much appreciated I'd really like to get it updated so that it is as secure as it can be while online ETA Sorry In my haste to post this while working I've just realised there's a topic a little way down the page about the same issue I'll read through it and report back

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/626077/windows-vista-checks-for-updates-but-doesnt-find-any/
Relevancy 52.89%

Alright guys, I have just refreshed my pc because I was having numerous problems with it and it turned out to be a bad stick of RAM. However, now I am having software issues. Whenever I try to make a call on the desktop version of skype, the program crashes. Whenever I try to open HP support assistant, the program crashes. When i am using the metro app version of skype I get a weird artifacting type problem on any of the buttons. I have this same problem in internet explorer and on Netflix. Netflix will not play on Chrome. It will play on IE, but with the button artifacting problems. My computer will not pair via bluetooth with my phone. What would be your recommended course of action? I don't know where to begin. I have tried updating drivers and the like but it has not helped.

Thank you

A:Bluetooth won't work, skype won't work, ntflix won;t work

Microsoft zune won't work either. It crashes when trying to set up.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/40103-bluetooth-wont-work-skype-wont-work-ntflix-won-t-work.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Okay here's the thing, my computer worked fine and all but one day i turned the computer off and now i can't get in to windows.. let me explain

When i start my computer everything works fine until the windows logo shows up it's loading but never finishes. after a while it gets BSOD for like a millisecond then restarts and when that happens it says ''Starting Automatic Repair'' and it loads up the thing is i can't see anything except my mouse so i can't do anything.

Things i've tried:
-Removing other potencial boot devices (USB, CD's etc.)
-Removing Graphics card.
-Changed the boot order.
-Install Win XP With Disc (doesn't work since windows don't boot up)

PLEASE HELP ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

A:Windows 8 Doesn't work! Please Help!

Can you boot into safe mode? If so, boot into Advanced Boot Options - Windows 7 Help Forums > Safe Mode with networking and post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions .

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/23642-windows-8-doesnt-work-please-help.html
Relevancy 52.03%

turn on my computer and goes to the menu with safe mode and other options. When i click any of the options it seems like it starts windows but then it goes back to the same menu. what can i do?

A:windows doesn't work...again

Insert the Windows XP CD into the CD drive, and then restart the computer. Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD drive if you are prompted. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.Type: chkdsk /rIt's important to have a space before the "/".To exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234697/windows-doesnt-workagain/
Relevancy 52.03%

I had been using the Windows key to switch back and forth from Metro to desktop. When I am in Metro, pressing it does nothing, but it works everywhere else. I simply click on the desktop icon, so it's no big deal, but is there a solution?

A:My Windows Key doesn't work

Hello Vince,

It works, but the Windows key only takes you to the "Start" menu.

If you want to go to the desktop, then you would need to press the Windows + D keys instead.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-d...shortcuts.html

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/5941-my-windows-key-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi guys Im Stelios , new here, I'm having a situation here with my pc regarding a Windows shortcut, the one in the title. All default windows shortcuts work fine ,all of them but the win +x ... My system is a desktop Windows 7 64bit and on my searching around the net , I found out that Windows Mobility Center is by default deactivated on desktops, on the other hand I found and correctly use these instructions. Now I'm able to use Windows Mobility Center but without the use of that specific shortcut. Whenever I try the shorcut, that known ''bing'' sounds and then nothing. I also tried this and this. please help.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-key-x-doesnt-work.1148468/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey there I have a huuge problem my windows doest start I cant even start it in safe mode the thing that really botters me is that I formated all of my disks and everytime I start my pc this strange letters appear in my screen( ok I realized I cant post links but anyone that wants to see the photo of my screen plz send me a message) I dont know if its a virus or something and if it is where the hell is it i formated everything and I also tried to solve it with ubuntu even with live CD but my screen turns black with blue stripes plz help me I miss my pc

A:Windows 7 doesn't work

Juampiep said:

I formated all of my disks and everytime I start my pc this strange letters appear in my screenClick to expand...

You did actually re-install Windows 7 after formatting the hard disks yeah?

Your post isn't very clear, it would help those that can help you to know more. Why did you format it to begin with? What exactly did you do once you formatted it?

The more complete the information the easier it is for a member to provide you with assistance.

P.S. If you had formatted the hard disks during Windows 7 install, you wouldn't have any virus issues if it was a genuine disk.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-doesnt-work.157089/
Relevancy 52.03%

I upgraded my T61, Type 8897, to WIndows 10 from WIndows 7 Home Premium x64, with relative ease and patience.  I never could get Windows 7 to update so I took the plunge and am overall happy.  The only problem I've got is the hard wired LAN connection doesn't function.  If I go to Device Manager, I see the Network adapters are Intel 8256MM Gigabit and Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN.  Both adapters are listed as functioning properly. WiFi works but when I plug in a LAN cable and shut off the wireless then I get an error message "No internet access"  Troubleshooter's result is "Local Area Connection" doesn't have a valid IP configuration   Not fixed.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/WIndows-10-LAN-doesn-t-work/td-p/2196520
Relevancy 51.6%

I own a Gateway GT5228 Desktop PC with a 64-bit version of Window 7 Home Premium installed and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find driver updates for my PC? I've been receiving an error (Event 12, HAL) in the event viewer indicating that "The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system" My PC originally came with a 32-bit version of Windows XP preinstalled but I recently upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit about a year ago. I've already checked gateway.com but they don't offer any driver updates for PC's with Windows 7 installed so what other options do I have concerning device driver updates for my PC if Gateway doesn't offer them?

A:Solved: Gateway doesn't offer any device driver updates for Windows 7??

Hi,
Have you tried one of these sites?

1)The first site comes with a: Download Hardware Vendor Detection Utility

http://support.gateway.com/product/default.aspx?partNumber=1009153

2) http://livesupport.maybenow.com/Gateway/Gateway-GT5228-PC-Desktop-pr111435
Read this one carefully to double check if is legit:

3) http://driver-disk.com/iso/Gateway-GT5228-Windows-7-Driver-Disk-330495.html

Good luck
Ray

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-gateway-doesnt-offer-any-device-driver-updates-for-windows-7.977453/
Relevancy 51.6%

Last 7 Widescreen Sometimes Work - Doesn't Windows week my computer using Windows XP crashed after the MS Windows 7 - Widescreen Sometimes Doesn't Work updates were downloaded and could not be revived MS withdrew the update After several days there was no fix forthcoming from MS plus the computer being several years old my husband bought an e-machine with Windows OS as a replacement All good right Wrong we have a problem that we haven't been able to figure out We have an Acer AL W widescreen monitor set with screen resolution at the recommended X No matter what browser we use - Firefox Seamonkey or IE many websites load and use only of the screen Some of these are very popular widely used sites such as the Wall Street Journal New York Times and Hot Air Windows 7 - Widescreen Sometimes Doesn't Work However on many other websites the widescreen works perfectly - for instance both The Drudge Report Google Reader work perfectly and fill the entire screen Which makes this difficult to diagnose We downloaded the latest driver for the monitor earlier today rebooted - but the problem remains Does anyone have a fix

A:Windows 7 - Widescreen Sometimes Doesn't Work

Hallo pdurant, if you click on this link Screen Resolution - Display Settings - Windows 7 Forums to this tutorial it may be of help?

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/270222-windows-7-widescreen-sometimes-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I've got windows 8(or 8.1 I'm not quite sure) product key from Dell support after they've changed my mother board and reinstalled windows. Now I want to reinstall my windows before upgrading them to windows 10, and I'm not quite sure which windows should I download for that product key? is it windows 8 or windows 8.1? And which version of windows?  e.g. 8.1? 8.1N? 8.1 Pro? etc. I'm really confused about it, can you give me any pointers for this please?
I've tried several versions of windows and it says everywhere the same
I attach a picture of that product key that was send to me maybe it will be any useful

A:windows product key doesn't work

Hi,
I believe the software key isn't working as you are not using the OEM copy of Windows.
What was the OS shipped with the machine from the factory? Try installing the same version.
Thanks

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19645503
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys, I was struggling to find a solution for my laptop's sound driver for Windows 7. I literally spend three hours downloading 23 different drivers. None worked.
I wasn't aware that the solution is in the Windows...

What i did was:

1. Opened Device Manager by right clicking on the my computer and selecting Manage option.
2. Clicked on Device Manager.
3. Right Clicked on the Sound Device
4. Chose Update driver software.
5. Clicked on Browse My computer for driver software
6. Selected "Let me pick from a list of device drivers in my computer".
7. Check marked the "Show compatible hardware".
8. Clicked on High Definition Audio Device in the Model Category.
9. Clicked Next..... and yea haa!!!! it worked.

I don't assure this will happen with everyone, but solved my problem... Ther's nothing wrong to try it out.

Cheers.

A:Windows 7 sound doesn't work

Thanks, I've been having the same problem with my desk top.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-sound-doesnt-work.881754/
Relevancy 51.6%

My Cd rom stopped working after upgrading to windows 10.  I've read posts that I should go to device manager to update, however it doesn't show up in device driver.  How do I resolve this issue? thanks,

A:CD rom doesn't work after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi: Try the steps listed in Resolution 4 at the link below... https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/CD-rom-doesn-t-work-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5777522
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello everyone I've browsed everywhere on the net and all I find is people saying that Adobe creative suite CS works on Windows x Well it does except one part Flash CS I was wondering if anyone found a work around to this I have already tried running in XP compatibility mode and no luck I really don't want Doesn't work Windows Flash with CS4 7 x64 to use the x version of windows as I'll lose gb of ram in the process and definitly don't want to dual boot as i'm usually just doing things on my computer and randomly see my flash icon and decide I wanna do a little programming in Actionscript for a half hour or so Yes I know I can get Flex or another IDE however I like the convience of in Flash CS as inferior as it may Flash CS4 Doesn't work with Windows 7 x64 be to Flex of hitting ctrl enter and my program is compiled and running in front of my face instantly I generally compile once every mins to test changes I Flash CS4 Doesn't work with Windows 7 x64 make while programming so the Flash CS is best for me as I'm a fairly new programmer and I only know actionscript as of right now Has anyone been in a similiar situation or gotten flash CS to work on the bit version of windows TBH i don't even know if flex works on windows i've never tried it lol but again the problem with me enjoying instant compiles is why I'm trying to get Flash CS to work in the first place so it really doesn't matter if flex works or not Anyway thanks for any help

Relevancy 51.6%

I purchased a Gateway desktop with Win7 installed, but no installation disc. When I try to run Windows Update, it takes me to the site, but the shield is X'd out, and it tells me the service is not running, although in fact it is. I have seen others reporting this same problem, at sites all over the Internet, and have seen about a dozen suggested solutions, none of which works for me (or for a lot of other people). Any advice on this, apart from waiting for Microsoft to fix it (and deliver the fix in some way other than WU)?

A:Windows Update doesn't work

Have you tried turning off your firewall for a few minutes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/172960-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

After upgrade to windows 10, widi software disappeared.  Tried to load Sw from INTEL, but get error message that the computer isn't compatible with widi.  Found thread on forum about miracast, tried that but doesn't work. 

A:widi doesn't work with windows 10

Hi: Did you try running the Intel widi update tool? http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/emerging-technologies/000014933.html

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/widi-doesn-t-work-with-windows-10/td-p/5610685
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm using a Logitech USB headset and it works perfectly on Ubuntu, but it doesn't even recognize it in Windows. It puts the yellow triangle over it in the device manager. I've tried reinstalling my drivers and tried a couple things I looked up but none of them worked.

Any clue on how to fix this?

A:Sound doesn't work on Windows

Two things I see from your screenshot.

!. You do not have a PC sound device installed. All that is showing is AMD High Definition Audio Device, which is audio for HDMI.

2. What error code is showing for the Logitech? With it connected, Uninstall it in the Device Manager then disconnect it and restart the PC. After Windows starts, connect it and see if it is recognized.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/350860-sound-doesnt-work-windows.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I don't know why MS would put a program on an OS that will not even work. I went to use it for the first time to burn 3 video files, and I could only get to the first screen, and if I clicked next, the program crashes.

Doesn't even say what was wrong, just said it encountered a problem, and searching for a solution (surprise, surprise, no solution is found). How do I get this to work?

Relevancy 51.6%

Hi So i just bought myself Y and second gpu doesn't work It doesn't get hot Y500 on Windows under GPU doesn't 10 work Second and thus there is Second GPU doesn't work on Y500 under Windows 10 no airflow from the fan of it I updated my BIOS and have the latest Nvidia drivers SLI is enabled in the settings I tried these settings in the nvidia Second GPU doesn't work on Y500 under Windows 10 control panel because someone had similar problem and was advised to do this SLI rendering mode -- gt Force alternate frame rendering and or nbsp Second GPU doesn't work on Y500 under Windows 10 Turning vsync offPower management -- gt prefer maximum performanceDidn't help I downloaded nvidia inspector and with changing those settings it looked like that the second gpu got active but still it did not show any activity in the nvidia gpu activity window However SLI visual indicator shows that both gpu's are active I guess they are but do not work properly I tried to play Trials Fusion and it became unplayable with fps around On the original settings works ok but only on one GT m gpu I hope the solution is not downgrading to Windows since someone from Lenovo said that Windows is not supported by Lenovo for Y Still someone wrote that Win works fine on Y What could i do get my rig working properly Please share your knowledge that might help me Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Second GPU doesn't work on Y500 under Windows 10

Also did the VGA BIOS update. First i thought it's only for win8 users... didn't solve my problem.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Second-GPU-doesn-t-work-on-Y500-under-Windows-10/td-p/3374723
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi,

I have a gaming PC (HP) And My friend came over and tried to fix it, only to wreck it. ):

He switched the Hz from 60 to 59, and then the Monitor said 'Unsupported video signal.'
So, I read on the internet to change the Hz back too 60, and the resolution down on another monitor, I did, but now the monitor continues to do this!
It says Unsupported video signal.
I already reset the monitor to factory settings, and I can't seem to get it too work.
I've tried everything, even looking to make sure the settings on my PC weren't being changed (like 60 going back too 59hz)
So, Please may anyone comment how I can make it work?

I've tried many obvious things. My model is Toshiba 24L400U 24' tv,
and the resolution on the tv is 1360 x 736 (Thats max) and windows says that 24' monitors go up to 1900 x 1200...
Please help!
!
-Apex

Relevancy 51.6%

When I try to use Windows Update, it says computer has to be restarted; if I restart, it just goes back to the same thing. I had a recent infection and got it cleaned up with help on here.   I've also tried the various windows update repair tools, and they haven't solved the problem. Can anyone help me with this problem? Thanks.

A:windows update doesn't work

Hello

This is a problem with very, very many possible causes. We must start at the most common, and keep persevering until we hit upon the one which applies to your computer. Please stick with me.

People will look online and find simple solutions for you (such as the Windows Update reboot registry key). Whilst this is a cause, it isn't a *likely* cause. Please understand that I have not unintentionally overlooked it, but we are better off starting with more common, but more advanced solutions.

Most common solution to this problem: transactional logfile corruption (don't worry, you don't need to understand that )

So, please start an Elevated Command Prompt: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/windows-elevated-command-prompt/

and copy and paste in the following:fsutil resource setautoreset true %systemdrive%\
attrib -r -s -h %SystemRoot%\System32\Config\TxR\*
del %SystemRoot%\System32\Config\TxR\*
attrib -r -s -h %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*
del %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.tm*
del %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.blf
del %SystemRoot%\System32\SMI\Store\Machine\*.regtrans-ms
and press enter after the final line if necessary.
If you are asked if you are sure, type Y and press enter.
You may get some errors on some of these lines. Please just ignore them (they are normal), and let me know whether this resolves your problem.

Thank you!

Richard

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492643/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 51.6%

I've upgrade for Windows 10 and the cam isn't work anymore. I tryed to install all drivers for W10 64bits available in Lenovo support site but any one works. Anyone can help to solve it? See attached print screen error - CODE 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5)

Sem título.jpg ?45 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/G40-70-cam-doesn-t-work-after-Windows-10-install/td-p/3381955
Relevancy 51.6%

That will assist in repairing this pc Gateway Laptop running Vista EXPLORER DOESN'T WINDOWS WORK Home I'm attempting to fix this pc for a co-worker but without the ability to navigate in windows explorer it's been nearly impossible So far I've managed to remove nearly spyware malware trojan infections with the use of SUPERAntispyware WINDOWS EXPLORER DOESN'T WORK and Malwarebytes Thought maybe that would free up the windows explorer problem but NOT SO I've also done a system restore back to that didn't do it either Also performed the Error Check Now in XP it was the 'chkdsk f' option and that's done nothing I'm WINDOWS EXPLORER DOESN'T WORK at a loss WINDOWS EXPLORER DOESN'T WORK The Disk for Vista OS states that IF I use it it will wipe out all data on the hd So it seems I can't do the 'repair' option either Have any of you heard of this before This is my FIRST experience with a problem like this and it's got me totally baffled All I have access to is the desktop and internet so I download programs that I think will help and I found this site lucky me Can anyone give me a few pointers on what else to do Would much appreciate the help Thanks for being here Cherps

A:WINDOWS EXPLORER DOESN'T WORK

hello

do you have a task bar ? if yes. right click in task bar. choose task manager. choose processes . is explorer.exe running? if not go to file (top left of task manager)click New Task type explorer.exe see if that helps.

good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/219722/windows-explorer-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello! So yesterday morning my laptop completely shut down and I couldn't figure out what was happening. I had things to do, so I left it. When I came home, I opened it up and found out that the entire thing had been updated to Windows 10, and I don't know how since I never gave permission. Anyways, I figured there was nothing I could do so I got over it. But as the day went on, I discovered that my touchpad doesn't work whatsoever. I searched this problem and heard that I'm supposed to tick scrolling off in settings. Since then, two finger scrolling works, but NOTHING ELSE (even though all the boxes are ticked). This is very frustrating because I now can only use my laptop with a mouse, which means it's basically a computer for the time being. Please help! Thank you!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Touchpad-doesn-t-work-since-windows-10/td-p/5635375
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer is windows 7 ultimate service pack 1. My windows update doesn't work. I can't search for new updates because it displays the error Code 80072EE6. Therefore i can't update my windows.

Relevancy 51.6%

So I recently updated to windows 10,Which I now hate so I tried to down grade back to win 7 but it seemed that I had to reinstall It from the Microsoft website using the product key on the side of my pc...So I enter it and I get this error
The product key you've entered appears to be for software which was pre-installed by the device manufacturer. Please contact the device manufacturer for software recovery options.
As its a pc made by dell...How can I get my windows 7 back without torrents?

here is some information:
Service tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

A:Product key for Windows 7 doesn't work

Hi,
Thank you for writing to us!
The system should have Microsoft  Operating System Product Key  label on it.
We would advise you use the Operating System Installation image from the Microsoft website ,the edition of OS image and the edition of product key must be the same
Thanks
Robin

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19677906
Relevancy 51.6%

Windows Installer doesn't work. Whenever I open setup.exe of any game it says
Configuring Windows Installer..
Preparing to install..
"POOF"!! and there it goes !!

Any solution for this? I tried system restore. I also tried the Windows Installer update thing. It says Not enough space to preform this command. I have 60GB free space in my C:/ drive.

Games I tried:
Outrun 2 Coast 2 Coast
Call of Duty 2.

Relevancy 51.6%

This doesn't Windows work Explorer problem occurred over months ago so my memory is a bit Windows Explorer doesn't work foggy Sometimes I can't tell if it's gotten worse or better but I think worse Windows explorer always freezes and crashes when I try to open it The window will pop up but freeze immediately and crash Due to this I can't open many programs or save open things Browsers still work I'm using Chrome but if I try to save to upload anything Chrome will crash I remember I did try doing system restores but it didn't do much I can however still download things I can't use programs Photoshop or MS Word because that requires opening and saving which of course Windows Explorer doesn't work doesn't work They will freeze and crash if I try to do anything There are still a few applications that will run such as Itunes and Skype But inconveniently my ipod stopped working around the same time and I tried restoring with this computer but it didn't work I had to restore it from another computer instead There is one program that I can open and save things in and that's Paint Tool Sai which is a drawing program but I can only do so with a USB drive I can't type anything into the Search bar when I press the start button Windows Explorer just crashes again and my whole computer freezes up until I close Windows Explorer completely I can't go into Personalize from the desktop either I've run some virus scans but they haven't found anything My dad's tried running some recovery programs at first but they would all freeze in the middle of running and become non-responsive He's been out of town for months so he hasn't been able to further investigate my computer I remember when the problem first occurred my laptop would freeze at random times and I'd have to hold down the power button and force it to shut down Being unable to do anything I stopped using the computer for several months but recently tried to coax it to do something I'm only really able to use Chrome but sometimes pages load really slowly However by pressing Ctrl-Alt-Delete and opening Task Manager I can get the pages going but this occurs relatively often I don't know how to back up my files because Windows Explorer won't run I have found a thread here extremely similar to my situation but I'm not sure what to do However for me the problem occurred right after I downloaded a Videospin trial But I stopped the download halfway in because I didn't need it anymore My computer was fine up until the next morning when I turned it on and it became what it is now I couldn't get into Add Remove programs right from the start so I don't know what's going on there Sorry for such a long explanation I hope someone can help me

A:Windows Explorer doesn't work

Hi
My Name is Kaushal and I work for social media and community team at Dell.
I would like to advice to reset internet explorer first of all because if any updates are waiting for internet explorer you will have this kind of problem.
So please follow These Steps and it will help to reset internet explorer.
Start>CtrlPanel>internet options> then you will have prompt coming up for internet properties.
Please click on "Advanced" tab at the top and the click on reset and then you will have new window pop up and then click on reset once again and you windows explorer will be reset to factory.

Thanks
Dell Kaushal P
Dell Social Media Responder

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-doesnt-work-658487.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys Im Stelios , new here, I'm having a situation here with my pc regarding a Windows shortcut, the one in the title. All default windows shortcuts work fine ,all of them but the win +x ... My system is a desktop Windows 7 64bit and on my searching around the net , I found out that Windows Mobility Center is by default deactivated on desktops, on the other hand I found and correctly use these instructions. Now I'm able to use Windows Mobility Center but without the use of that specific shortcut. Whenever I try the shorcut, that known ''bing'' sounds and then nothing. I also tried this and this. please help.

A:Windows Key + X doesn't work on win 7 desktop

I don't know the answer to your problem but here is a Tutorial by Brink that you might be a to find some help.

Shortcut Keys for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/370287-windows-key-x-doesnt-work-win-7-desktop.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys,
I just formated my PC which had Windows 7 32 bit and intsalled Windows 7 64 bit. The problem is that everything works great except my audio. I installed the latest drivers from Intel's website but to no avail. I even tried downloading it from Realtek but also it didn't work. You see I was using my SB 5.1 on 32 bit but since there aren't any drivers for it on 64 bit I had no choice but to use the intergreted audio in my motherboard. What should I do?

Thank you.

A:My audio doesn't work on Windows 7 64 bit !

Take out the "Creative Sound Blaster 5.1"and stick with the Realtek onboard card.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/79131-my-audio-doesnt-work-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 51.6%

This is the second time this has happened. I had to reinstall Windows 10 the first time, via an excellent tech in India. Help!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439865-why-doesnt-my-windows-10-store-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I recently got a new laptop with Windows 7 already installed and it was working fine until one day the sound on youtube stop working!
I've tried multiple things like the Codec K-Lite package and checking all my sound settings in vain.
Then I tried to see if my sound worked on Itunes, it didn't. The one thing that strikes me as truly odd about this though is that when I test my speakers the test sound come through loud and clear.
I have absolutely no idea what is wrong and any suggestions would be kindly appreciated!

A:Sound doesn't work for Windows 7

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Tips-for-fixing-common-sound-problems

you could try the fix it

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-doesnt-work-for-windows-7.929961/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi My Windows laptop has a mic built in which always worked fine I also have a mic I can plug in which always automatically worked when plugged in However a few days ago I plugged it in and nothing happened It still works on my desktop I haven't changed any settings I bought doesn't work Microphone 8) (Windows a headset This works fine on my desktop but not on my laptop Microphone doesn't work (Windows 8) I have sound through the headphones but the mic isn't working When I look at the audio devices it doesn't show although I'm not sure it used to show the other mic either I've clicked to unhide other devices still doesn't show I tried going to add a device but it doesn't find anything I tried troubleshooting but it finds no issues For some reason the built in mic did stop working but that is now working again I didn't change anything However the headset mic still isn't doing anything What can I do to get the headset mic working Thanks

A:Microphone doesn't work (Windows 8)

When in Audio Properties - Recording tab - Did you unhide also any internal/external mic?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590026/microphone-doesnt-work-windows-8/
Relevancy 51.6%

Just updated to yesterday Since then there have been issues If I left click on the Folder Icon work explorer doesn't Windows in the task bar or right click and select quot File Explorer quot I will get the usual blue circle telling me to wait except the window never appears Instead the screen changes quot purple quot as Windows explorer doesn't work if the metro start page is about to appear then flashes back to my desktop and nothing happens If I right click on the quot new quot start icon and select File Explorer from there everything appears to work I can also click on the normal Folder Icon and select a folder that has already been opened Once opened I can step into and out of folders select files perform tasks on them etc Unless I right click and try to bring up the pop up menu then the same thing as described above happens This occurs on files or folders Not a show stopper but very annoying Any ideas

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/33541-windows-explorer-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi

Recently i update my graphics card and install a new one Sapphire HD 4670 1gb ddr3 the problem is after installing the driver the aero disabled itself and when i troubleshoot the problem a error message comes windows desktop manager is disabled even i tried the latest driver but nothing help. I update my system drivers like bios,chipset,sound and others but nothing seems to work. I am using Windows 7 ultimate x32bit I really wanted to use this card under win7 but because of this problem i couldn't.

A:Windows aero doesn't work

You can start the desktop windows management by going to Start>Run>services.msc
Locate the Window Manager Session Manager and start the service
Re-enable Aero
If it is disabled, set it to start automatically

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/59476-windows-aero-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Every single time I restart my computer since I upgraded to Windows 10 the Ethernet stops working. I go through the trouble shooting and the same issue always come up- ?Ethernet Doesn?t Have A Valid IP Configuration?

In order for me to make my ethernet to work I must shut down my PC and fully power cyle my router then turn my PC back on. However, if I need to restart my PC for some reason the ethernet stops working once again and I must go through the same process.

Does anyone know a fix for this? It is extremely annoying and only has hallened since I installed Windows 10.

A:Windows 10 Ethernet Doesn't Work

You may find some useful information in this tutorial from Tom's Hardware. The article is for W8.1 but similar steps can be followed in W10.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/faq/id...n-windows.html

Viz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-ethernet-doesnt-work-1026794.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi guys,

I'm new here but i had been doing a lot of serch but it seem i can't find anytihng to fix my problem. And thought i don't know much aobut computers.
Well i have laptop aspire 7520 and I just got windows 7 on (i bought it with vista). It worked fine when just before days my sound doesn't work anymore. On sound icon is red cross and it say "no audio input device is installed".
i tried to update sound in Device manager but it's just not there. Only thing i found was system speakers and for that it said there is no driver and i couldn't update those too.
I installed driver from acer site but it just look like it isn't there on my laptop. I'm alredy hopeless

I appriciate any kind of help,

A:Sound doesn't work in Windows 7

Welcome!

First, could you have a virus? Please download Malwarebytes free and do a scan.

Also try a System Restore to a point before the problem arose.

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/54986-sound-doesnt-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 last week, voodoshield doesn't seem to work.  I even tried restarting the computer.  In addition to restarting, I tried uninstalling and installing again but still it doesn't work.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.Mod Edit:Moved to AV & AM Software ~~ boopme

A:Voodoshield doesn't seem to work in Windows 10

What are the System Requirements for VoodooShield?
For PC's, VoodooShield is compatible with Windows XP* SP2 through Windows 10 (32 & 64 bit).
For Servers, VoodooShield is compatible with Windows 2003 Server* and above (32 & 64 bit).
*VoodooShield is compatible with Windows XP and Windows 2003 Server, but does not offer all of the features or quite the level of security that the more modern operating systems offer.

Source: VoodooShield

According their site it's compatible with Windows 10.
I have no experience with it so I cannot help you, maybe/hopefully another user can?

Greets!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604720/voodoshield-doesnt-seem-to-work-in-windows-10/
Relevancy 51.6%

Someone please let me know if there's a keyboard shortcut to go fullscreen in Windows 10 (like f11 in previous OS versions)...
Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I have a small problem with a recently downloaded .MSI file. Whenever I try to run it, I first get a window that says: ''Windows Installer is preparing setup'', as expected.
Afterwards, the window closes and nothing happens. No error messages or installation, just nothing.

I tried redownloading, but with the same result. However, when I try to remove the file, I get an error that I can't, because it's opened in Windows Installer.

I remember having the same problem with an older laptop with a different installation file, but after a few weeks it suddenly just worked.
Does anyone have an idea how to fix this (other than just wait )?

A:Windows Installer doesn't work

Are you using MucAfee or one of the paid bloatware AV's? Replace with Microsoft Security Essentials

Try System Restore to a point before the problem occurred.

Try a Clean Boot: in msconfig>Startup uncheck everything (add back in AV later), then in msconfig>Services choose Hide All MS Services then uncheck all again. After reboots check back for any which snuck back in and turn them off in Program Prefs or Uninstall.

Try the Windows Installer Fix from this list #94: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

Run SFC -SCANNOW Command

Next try a Repair Install..

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/197030-windows-installer-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a computer that I use as a media center I had been running Vista Ultimate x Using this OS I was able to use WOL just fine All I had to do was enable WOL in the BIOS and in the network card properties Against my better judgment I decided to try an upgrade to Windows Ultimate x as opposed to doing a clean install I was actually very surprised that the upgrade went smoothly Everything is working fine except suddenly my WOL does not work The OS upgrade obviously didn't change anything in the BIOS so that leaves me to look at the network card settings What I found was somewhat odd The network card was set to enable WOL using Wake work doesn't in LAN 7? on Windows quot magic packet and pattern quot I set it simply to quot magic packet quot as this is how I had it on Vista Unfortunately it did not help From my reading about WOL this leads me to believe that something about Windows is not quot setting quot the network card to allow WOL upon shutdown It might would work from standby but that doesn't help me any My system is as follows Intel Core Quad Q Asus P W DH Deluxe GB Corsair DDR - Nvidia GTS MB The network card s on the motherboard are based on the Marvel Yukon chipset Any suggestions

A:Wake on LAN doesn't work in Windows 7?

It occurred to me that I hadn't actually looked at the driver. The driver that was installed for the network card was dated March 2009, directly from Microsoft. This tells me that windows updated the driver from what I had when it installed. I went to Marvell's website and found a driver from October 2009. I installed this and low and behold I had a new option, "wake from shutdown." I enabled this and it worked just fine.

I really should have done that a week ago.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/41295-wake-lan-doesnt-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I had recently been using Ubuntu when I decided to make the decision to move back to XP, so i dug out my installation CD and to my shock and horror that upon getting to the point where you have to press F8 to accept the License I am unable to. i have tried to do so with three different keyboards, all with no luck i have looked at other site to only find one which requires you to pay to see the answers to the questions.

I have been browsing here for a while and know you all know what you are talking about, hopefully you can help me as well.

Relevancy 51.6%

A while ago i cleaned out my keyboard. Later after that, both my CTRL keys don't work properly, and the button to turn wireless off and on does not glow blue. When trying to copy something, Right CTRL+V just prints out L;j. Pressing it in general turns the volume up or down. It makes generally hard to play games and i have to rebind crouch in all my games.

A:CTRL key doesn't work, Windows 8.1

Your specs say PC/Desktop but Keyboard says Built-in HP Keyboard. I don't understand, can you explain more please?

Have you tried another keyboard (external if necessary)?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71146-ctrl-key-doesnt-work-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Here's hoping someone can help When I click on Start Search nothing happens When I go to Windows Explorer and right-click on Local Disk C and select Search nothing happens But if I click on the Search magnifying glass on the toolbar I get to search Here's a copy of my HijackThis Logfile Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Work Doesn't Search Windows Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent PQV iSvc exe C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINDOWS MMKeybd exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zlclient exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe Windows Search Doesn't Work C WINDOWS System devldr exe C Program Files Netropa Windows Search Doesn't Work Traymon exe C Program Files Netropa OSD exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc Windows Search Doesn't Work exe C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C HJT HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dellnet com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dellnet com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride dynhost inetcam com register inetcam com localhost N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Steve Application Data Mozilla Profiles default c d d slt prefs js O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - B AA B-F - C - FD - C CBBCF - no file O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS Updreg exe O - HKLM Run AHQInit C Program Files Creative SBLive Program AHQInit exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Roxio Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run DellTouch C WINDOWS MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run Windows TCP IP wintcp exe O - HKLM Run Dell AIO Printer A quot C Program Files Dell AIO Printer A dlbfbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files Winamp Winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run AOL Messenger aolmsngr exe O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initialize O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C PROGRA ZONELA ZONEAL zlclient exe O - HKLM Run Norton Ghost C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost Agent GhostTray exe O - HKLM RunServices Windows TCP IP wi... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-search-doesnt-work-18667.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey I want to downgrade to Windows XP Professional because Windows 8 and Windows 7 is nothing good for me, I like classic more.

I tried a Windows XP Installation CD but I can't install it.

Someone a solution?

- Abstra.

A:Windows XP Installation doesn't work

You have to BOOT the computer from that CD/DVD and WIPE the drive of all other versions of Windows. You can Not start the installer from inside Windows 7 or 8.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/267304-windows-xp-installation-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Im running windows vista ultimate x and for the past few months the windows updater hasn't been working I had a virus malware problem for the last few weeks and I think I cleared that up the guy in the HJT forum told me my log was clean The Update Doesn't Work Windows problem is that I currently have important updates - Windows Update Doesn't Work and ive always had updates for the past few months Whenever I try to update them most of them fail sometimes all After this I restart and it takes a while to configure the updates before loading desktop Then the next time I restart the Windows Update Doesn't Work same updates are back in windows update There are also ultimate extras that always fail whenever I try to update Anybody have any idea what the problem is Maybe they are blocked from updating or something I have Windows Update Doesn't Work roomates who might have messed with some of the settings I should also mention that I don't think im receiving new updates either Its been the same updates for a few months I still dont have SP etc I just now tried updating again and I took screenshots The Updates Ultimate updates The updates failed My update history the failed ones go all the way back to April and the ultimate extras have failed ever since february As you can see all the same updates keep failing And im pretty sure I haven't been getting any new updates for a long time either

A:Windows Update Doesn't Work

Cmon guys, somebody please help.

Just give me ideas, any suggestion that might come to mind that could possibly be the problem fell free to post. I am absolutely clueless and I know somebody on this forum knows something helpful.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/153921/windows-update-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 51.6%

The old keyboard is from an old Dell XPS from 15 years ago.
It worked fine on my last computer a Dell GX620 with XP.
My new computer a locally made one in an HP case has windows 7.
Old keyboard isn't even recognized.
Is it now obsolete or something.

Microsoft seems devoted to making hardware as well as operating systems routinely obsolete. IMHO.

A:old keyboard doesn't work with windows 7

Yeah, I hear ya. I have a Filco I really like these days.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332253-old-keyboard-doesnt-work-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi. This problem affects my Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 computer.
Occasionally, when I log on the computer after locking it for a long time, the keyboard acts as if the Windows Key is depressed. (Pressing E opens explorer, R opens the Run dialog, U opens Accessibility Options, etc.)

This is fixed easily by entering the security dialog (Ctrl+Alt+Del). However, once I do this, the Windows Key appears to stop functioning.
Tapping it will not open the start menu (for the record, nor will Ctrl+Esc), and none of its combinations work except Winkey+L to lock.

Can someone explain to me why this happens and how to fix it?

A:Windows key doesn't work properly

Hello,

Try another Keyboard and see if the problem is still there.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-key-doesnt-work-properly-485025.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey The last time an update was installed was in January since the Windows work Update doesn't next time i was offered an update Windows Update or any of the programs that use windows update fail to update Also i can't download the updates manually standalone msu installers also dont Windows Update doesn't work work windows defender IE installations also fail to update And unfortunately i have deleted the recent system restore checkpoints before i knew about this problem Windows Update gives error i have tried the quot solution quot to delete temp update files and all other solutions i could find on the internet Windows defender gives the same error The updates can be downloaded from windows update but cannot be download not even manually in msu package I also lost many shortcut files of MS Office the icon Windows Update doesn't work turned white and they lost their target Some shortcuts of rd party programs are also lost which were supposed to be in c windows installer blabla I have Windows Vista Home Basic with SP SP came with the ssytem when i bought it This is very weird I have no other choice than to reformat drive and use recovery disk Please help

A:Windows Update doesn't work

Originally Posted by Huki

Hey,

The last time an update was installed was in January..since the next time i was offered an update, Windows Update or any of the programs that use windows update fail to update. Also i can't download the updates manually..standalone msu installers also dont work.. windows defender, IE8 installations also fail to update. And unfortunately i have deleted the recent system restore checkpoints before i knew about this problem.
Windows Update gives error 80070002, i have tried the "solution" to delete temp update files, and all other solutions i could find on the internet. Windows defender gives the same error. The updates can be downloaded from windows update, but cannot be download (not even manually in .msu package)
I also lost many shortcut files of MS Office (the icon turned white and they lost their target). Some shortcuts of 3rd party programs are also lost (which were supposed to be in c:\windows\installer\blabla\

I have Windows Vista Home Basic with SP1 (SP1 came with the ssytem when i bought it). This is very weird. I have no other choice than to reformat drive and use recovery disk. Please help.

Hi Huki,

Have a look here;
http://www.vistax64.com/software-too...air-tools.html

Also check that your system date and time are correct

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/217718-windows-update-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My Windows Update was working fine up until about two weeks ago.  Two weeks ago my Kaspersky ran out and I switched over to Bit Defender.  I am trying to install a new program and get the message that my Net Framework needs to be updated, there is a current Net Framework 4.0 update but it won't download.  I ran the troubleshooter and tried many other things to get Windows update working.  I get the message "Windows cannot search for new updates"  code 80080005.  My most recent check for updates was on 8/20/2013.  Checking my update history I had numerous updates up until 9/10/2013, I was also able to download one two days ago, but there are two more and they will not download.  I might add that the numerous updates until 9/10/2013 were all installed successfully, and it was not until I installed Bit Defender that I cannot use Windows Update. 

A:windows update doesn't work

No guarantees but you might like to try the following sequence:

Uninstall Bit Defender using their removal tool:
http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall/

Uninstall Kapersky using their removal tool to remove any remnants:
http://support.kaspersky.com/common/service.aspx?el=1464

(Windows Defender now active?)

Run the MS Windows 7 Update Fixit Tool:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update/

Test Windows Update functionality.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509455/windows-update-doesnt-work/