Windows Support Forum

WiFi speed drops to zip In First week of use

Q: WiFi speed drops to zip In First week of use

My first book went 4 months good speed functional loved it. Then DEAD
BB replaced ..then one week after receiving the new unit. Unstable and even though we have 100 mbs speed the book only runs at 7 SEVEN.
Try that on you tube 4K. Hah.
Tried the supposed fix in RegEdit
To nanda. Any clues folks before I depart to Linux,

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441508-wifi-speed-drops-zip-first-week-use.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: WiFi speed drops to zip In First week of use

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi All Need some help here - my brother got this Desktop built and I believe it is an Asus motherboard build judging by the branded name and devices I can see It used to use the Asus Wifi-ap Solo driver and I noticed that the device is actually a Realtek one and also noticed that the speed drops from the standard mbps down to sometimes mbps or even mbps and then it ramps up to then and so on The router is about - m away in the next room I don t believe it is anything blocking the signal as I can connect with my laptop in the same room with the mbps signal strength I read 54mbp - 5.5Mbp Realtek8187L tp Drops Wifi Speed somewhere here that to try to uninstall the Asus driver lots of complaints on the net forums and re-install the Realtek driver but it still has not worked Any other suggestions I turned off window auto-updates about weeks ago as I had another problem which was resolved Could it be something on windows causing this disruption Cheers all nbsp

Relevancy 64.93%

Quote:
A second Alpha version of Firefox is planned for availability by the end of this week, the evolution from Firefox 3.7 Alpha 1 which was released almost two weeks ago to developers. Specifically, in the first half of February 2010, Mozilla offered the Developer Preview of Gecko 1.9.3 Alpha 1. In this regard, Firefox 3.7 Alpha 2 is bound to be nothing more than Mozilla Developer Preview of Gecko 1.9.3 Alpha 2.

Source -
Firefox 3.7 Alpha 2 Drops by the End of This Week - The Mozilla Developer Preview of Gecko 1.9.3 Alpha 2 - Softpedia

A:Firefox 3.7 Alpha 2 Drops by the End of This Week.

I thought they had abandoned the 3.7 branch?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/66398-firefox-3-7-alpha-2-drops-end-week.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Quote:

Mozilla is gearing up to release the ninth Beta of the next iteration of its open source browser.

According to the open source browser maker, the current plan is to have Firefox 4.0 offered to testers next week.

Following a range of delays which impacted the Firefox 4.0 project, the Beta 9 development milestone was pushed into early 2011.

The upcoming test release of the open source browser is intended as a date-driven Beta, and Mozilla hopes to have it right this time around.

The browser maker wants to code freeze today, January 7th, 2010, and then produce the first Builds as early as Monday January 10th.

Firefox 4.0 Beta 9 Drops Next Week - Softpedia

A:Firefox 4.0 Beta 9 Drops Next Week

9 Betas later... is it still slow like poop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/136180-firefox-4-0-beta-9-drops-next-week.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi; I have a Dynalink router and on plan which I get really nice speeds for me (downloads a few megabytes a second), using Windows XP via ethernet.
However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos, the internet on my Windows XP computer is so slow, web pages can barely open.
Is there anyone to somehow make both of them at least able to both use the internet? What's the problem? Thanks in advance for any help

A:Internet Speed; Fast but as soon as shared, drops down to unusable speed

However as soon as a laptop is also plugged in also via ethernet and streams videos,Click to expand...

sounds like the laptop is hogging all the bandwidth

what speed do you actually have - via www.speedtest.net ?

what happens if the laptop is connected and not streaming videos - it may also have a number of downloads - updates running in the background

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-fast-but-as-soon-as-shared-drops-down-to-unusable-speed.1071015/
Relevancy 56.76%

When ever I'm transferring something or if hdd is being use by another program. I can't do any else.. It drops the Speed bad. I have a Fresh copy of windows 7 Ultimate. I believe AHCI.. I Ideas would help.. My Hdd is a seagate 1tb 7200rpm

A:HDD Speed Drops?

Quote: Originally Posted by Crazywhitie

When ever I'm transferring something or if hdd is being use by another program. I can't do any else.. It drops the Speed bad. I have a Fresh copy of windows 7 Ultimate. I believe AHCI.. I Ideas would help.. My Hdd is a seagate 1tb 7200rpm

System specs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/147750-hdd-speed-drops.html
Relevancy 55.9%

just today i've noticed something strange happening with my connection speed i guess.
i had to download some software today and noticed while its downloading, the speed drops, then the whole download just stops out of nowhere. so i had to cancel it, and re download it, but again, out of nowhere it stops. i've noticed that with everything i wanted to download. anyone have any idea what the problem might be here?

A:speed drops, then stops

run through this:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...sting-log.html

What is your present infection protection?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/speed-drops-then-stops-164056.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi We bought two new computers at the same time from a local Microcenter Both are the Dell XPS One has more memory space etc Both computers have Windows They are side-by-side at the same desk with a shared monitor mouse and keyboard We ve only had them a few months but right from the start the beefier computer has had problems with the wireless signal They SIgnal Speed Drops Down Way both use the same network We have a router and a booster When I look at the Wireless Network Connection Status for Computer A the one with the SIgnal Speed Drops Way Down lesser memory it always shows a speed of mbps Always But Computer B sometimes shows or Sometimes it shows when I first boot it up then it eventually gets up higher Sometimes it starts at and then goes to as time goes on Usually when I reboot it will go back to but not always These computers obviously have different programs loaded I know zero about wireless connections But I don t want to troubleshoot the router itself because Computer A is working fine It must be something with the setup or what is running on Computer B Does this problem indicate that I have some kind of virus chewing up my bandwidth on Computer B I ve tried to be careful about what I installed but I ll also add that we re using different anti virus programs Computer A has AVG Computer B has Avast Both are the free versions Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated Thanks Susie Oh just read the little info message at the top of this page good place for it BTW so here are the results of the SysInfo utility for the computer with the problem Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc KWVT Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:SIgnal Speed Drops Way Down

I assume that you are talking about the nominal connection speed and not any actual measured performance. Is this correct?

Just from your description I'd guess that one possibility is that the problematic PC does not have the correct driver installed. If the PCs have the same wireless adapter compare/contrast the driver for each.

Another guess is that something is partially or intermittently blocking or interfering with the signal to the problematic PC; for example, maybe the other PC is in the path between router (or "booster") and the problem antenna.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/signal-speed-drops-way-down.1151508/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi

ok well i rebooted my computer coz of all the problems i was having previously and i am still having the same problem. I tested my internet connection with nothing else running at all and still my speed goes up and then drops right down. Do you think it could possibly have anything to do with the modem itself? Its a Speedtouch 3330

A:Internet speed drops

im sorry but what was the original problem?
what software or website did you visit to test the speed of your connection?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-drops.446685/
Relevancy 55.9%

i got a similar problem, but instead of that my speed drops from 11 to 1 mbps, and my signal strength stays in the same level

regards
bob

Relevancy 55.9%

I'm now on vacation at my mum, internet connection: 10Mbit/10Mbit, for a couple of months and therefore I have my desktop computer with me. After a couple of minutes downloading at 1,1 MB/s the speed drops below 100 kB/s, and won't return to normal speed until I restart the computer and the same thing happens again. I didn't have this problem at my house, internet connection: 5Mbit/1Mbit, it occurred when I got here. I have also reinstalled windows 7, but no change.
I'm connected to a router, Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT v24-sp2, with a Siemens Gigaset usb stick 54. I have restarted, and cleared the router, but no change.
My brother's laptop running vista is fine, full download speed all the way, and on his desktop computer with win 7, full speed there also.

So my download speed drops to 10%, and upload to about 50& after some time.
Any suggestions??

A:Internet speed drops, win 7

Quote: Originally Posted by Mizzhell

I'm now on vacation at my mum, internet connection: 10Mbit/10Mbit, for a couple of months and therefore I have my desktop computer with me. After a couple of minutes downloading at 1,1 MB/s the speed drops below 100 kB/s, and won't return to normal speed until I restart the computer and the same thing happens again. I didn't have this problem at my house, internet connection: 5Mbit/1Mbit, it occurred when I got here. I have also reinstalled windows 7, but no change.
I'm connected to a router, Linksys WRT54GL running DD-WRT v24-sp2, with a Siemens Gigaset usb stick 54. I have restarted, and cleared the router, but no change.
My brother's laptop running vista is fine, full download speed all the way, and on his desktop computer with win 7, full speed there also.

So my download speed drops to 10%, and upload to about 50& after some time.
Any suggestions??

I will bet you are running "homegroup". It has connectivity issues on some mixed systems. You can verify it is the problem by setting up a new network connection using workgroup instead. If it fixes the problem you can disable IPv6 and kill homegroup.

Let us know if you need help with this

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/88623-internet-speed-drops-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I've noticed a problem that when my PC is on the download speed on Wi-Fi drops by about however the up speed stays almost the while 90% drops PC down Wi-Fi turned y on speed is same And in games i see Wi-Fi down speed drops y 90% while PC is turned on occasional stutter that wasn't there before As soon as i turn the PC off the speed comes back to normal Also getting a closing background programs screen when turning off PC with a blank list of applications that need to be closed I have looked at the processes and found that there are double identical processes running which are conhost exe one SYSTEM and the other one NETWORK SERVICE and csrss exe both SYSTEM I googled it and found many topics on different forums saying that its a virus Ran malwarebytes scan and ESET scan both in normal and safe mode and they revealed nothing I am running windows and using malwarebytes and ESET Nod also installed CCleaner as one of the websites recommended while dealing with viruses Note I don't have any P P programs running or anything that could use up my bandwidth

A:Wi-Fi down speed drops y 90% while PC is turned on

ok, so i unplugged network cable from my pc and disabled wi-fi card and took out antennas just in case and its STILL affecting my internet speed when its on. i have no idea whats going on here. i dont even know how to google this. never thought this could be possible. if anyone knows anything about this please help. is my PC possessed by a tech demon? it got to a point that i cant use my teamspeak on other devices while the pc is on because my ping jumps from 8ms to 1800ms. 

i have my doubts about it being a virus or something but if anyone can point me to the right direction where i can get help i would be very grateful

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/578692/wi-fi-down-speed-drops-y-90-while-pc-is-turned-on/
Relevancy 55.9%

I am an intermediate computer student. I have deleted all temp internet files and cookies, run all my Norton virus scans and adware scans, tested my dsl speed which is good...I have 1 g ram and the task manager is not showing anything out of the ordinary after rebooting it is still slow...going from site to site takes forever to bring up...where else can I look?

Relevancy 55.9%

The speed test on my 2 Windows7 machines (PC and netbook) have recently started to show a fine download speed but when measuring upload speed the dial moves up to 400 and then gradually sinks back to zero over the next couple of minutes. It doesn't register any final upload speed. I can upload files to emails up to roughly 200kb but nothing any larger.
However my old laptop with XP has none of these problems. Hard wiring makes no difference and it's not the router, because the XP machine works fine with the same router that uses the Windows7 PC.
I've uninstalled Adobe Flash and re-installed it for the Windows7 machine. No change.
Same problem whether Firefox or IE.
Grateful for any advice...
Thanks

A:Upload speed drops to zero

Is the router a little on the old side? It is rare, but there are some routers that just don't work with Windows 7. I had an old Linksys one in a coworker's home office that needed to be replaced because her computer was upgraded to Windows 7.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/181247-upload-speed-drops-zero.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I have 8 mbps connection wifi. when I test with speedtest.net I get download speed of 1 mbps on my laptop.
but we have 2 android phones and we get around 9 mbps speed on both the phones.
I gone through forums but could not get solution.

attached is screenshot of Wi-Fi inspector. please help me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-speed-on-laptop-in-wifi-while-good-speed-on-mobile-phones.1154826/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all Got a bit of a weird issue here I ve owned my WAG GX for about years maybe and I ve got no complaints all round My usage hasnt changed nor any settings within this period However Over the last week for some reason the WiFi Connection gets destroyed I ve only seen it once at the point where the Wifi Light goes of end the day Drops Wifi a at out something i ve never seen before - but generally the WiFi conencted PC s fail to keep Wifi Drops at the end of a day the connection they drop out and fail to get an IP and when they do manage to get on the connection is terrible In the mean time I run wired on boxes that have no noticeable issues Wifi Drops at the end of a day at all Its like the WiFi just gets totally jammed up I ve tried my hardest to establish what has changed what is new whats different at night and theres just nothing Turning off the router and back on seems to have no effect either I ve attached some logs I dont know what of it means But thought maybe someone here could Wifi Drops at the end of a day shed some info by translating them the Anisdktool seems to be started a lot normal and wns msg tcvd no idea what thats all about ring full looks a bit quot alerting quot but no idea what this is telling me either This is super frustrating any insight would be great nbsp

A:Wifi Drops at the end of a day

Does it happen more or less at the same tim every night?
What type of security do you have on it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-drops-at-the-end-of-a-day.132617/
Relevancy 55.9%

This is a very weird problem Starting from three days ago my laptop's wifi capabilities dropped suddenly I hadn't dropped it or installed anything that could have caused it I could get no WiFi unless I was in the same room as the router Meanwhile my phone could get WiFi same as before all around the house I tried a system restore updating everything and things like that Today I noticed that the WiFi icon would show two bars just as the lid is opened but quickly changes to no signal I figured out that if I angle the lid below degrees and just before the display turns off I get great signal strength just as I used to Now it is very inconvenient to use the laptop like that which is why I am typing this from my phone Can you guys help me please I really needed to fill out lots of forms from that machine Thanks in advance

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/129630-wifi-drops-lid-goes-up.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi everybody, I have been cruising along on my dial up (faster connections not available where I live) connection for months at a consistent 48 kbps to 50.6 kbps on my new machine. Get up one morning and now I am lucky if I can connect at speeds greater than 32.4 kbps. Went back to an artichle I found in SmartComputing (which got me to the 50.6 kbps) and changed the settings.
Well that did not work so I installed a brand new Us Robotisc modem and that connects even slower. However it is a difficult modem to set up.
Deleted the modem (agere V90-92 voice/fax/data) and reinstalled which did nothing.
I then removed the modem and installed it on my W2K Pro machine and it is back to 50.6 kbps. So no I have an XP PRo SP2 machine that crawls on an already slow medium for internet surfing.
Any help I can get would be extremely appreciated)

A:Dial up Speed Drops by 40% overnight

Please keep the problem to one thread only, or else it'll confuse the people trying to help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dial-up-speed-drops-by-40-overnight-181008.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi.When I download from the Internet, my speed is like 10-40 Kb/s.My ISP is Globe(Philippines).Here is the Speedtest.net result:I remember, on October 23, 2010, I had a huge download speed, 130-200 Kb/s.My antivirus malfunctioned that time.(Norton 360, cannot open GUI)So I reinstalled a new AV,(Norton Internet Security)but the download speed suddenly drops.Could the AV software be causing problems?Thanks.-Machinery-

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358423/internet-download-speed-drops/
Relevancy 55.47%

recently i have been facing slow speed problems
so every time i log on to my 3com router status page i find that the upload is 256 kbs and download is 32 kbs and it should be 1024 kbs
when i restart the router , the speed jumps to 1024 then an hour or more it sets back to 32 kbs
what can i do ?
is the router defective?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-download-speed-drops.1023424/
Relevancy 55.47%

I am using a Belkin Wireless Router to get DSL internet from my downstairs computer (the computer i use is upstairs). I've never had any problems with it, but over the past week it has been acting funny. I'll be using the internet, playing an online game, when everything goes to a crawl. I'll check the icon in the task bar, and it says the speed had droppes all the way to 1.0 Mbps. Slowly, it will climb back to normal. Then a while later, drop again. The thing normally hovers between 52.0 Mbps and 48.0 Mbps.

I don't know what the problem is, but I do know it's annoying the hell out of me. Any suggestions?

A:Periodic Drops In Speed With a Router

This is the curse of wireless. They all dip sometimes but down to 1.0 is pretty bad. First, change the channel. If it is a 54G channels 1, 6, and 11 don't overlap so go to one of those first (usually channel ,1 is default) so switch to channel 6 and see what happens (helped me with signal losses). Do you have a 2.4 GHZ wireless phone? They interfere big time with wireless routers because they transmit a stronger signal in the same frequency band. Adjust it's channel too, as far away from the routers as possible or better yet junk it and get a 5.0GHZ phone. Move the router around but upstairs to downstairs is tough regardless signal-wise. Try this before spending more money on goodies like boosters etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/periodic-drops-in-speed-with-a-router.23648/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have Comcast Cable A few months ago I started having VOIP problems no dial-tone or not able to hear person on the other end About a month ago I started testing the internet speeds and found out I was only getting k at certain periods of the day It usually happens after pm but to 200k cable speed drops I haven cable speed drops to 200k t been able to nail down an exact pattern The proper speed is - k and it tests that way about of the time The upload speed is always k no matter what that cable speed drops to 200k might explain why people on the other end of the phone can hear ME I ve called Comcast several times They run tests and tell me everything looks fine on their end and that my speeds are quite good At first they gave me a laundry-list of things to do like scanning for viruses etc but nothing worked Finally Comcast offered to send a technician out but they charge if it s the customer s fault That s why I m here trying to get some help Right now I have a wireless router and a voip adapter connected to the modem However I ve tested the speed with just the modem alone and the speed is still slow I ve quot power-cycled quot re-booted and all that stuff MANY times I have antivirus and a firewall and I even get these same exact speed issues with Linux so it doesn t appear to be virus or firewall-related I cleared out temporary internet files and I think I reset my IP these are all things Comcast told me to do Nothing I ve tried has helped I did a line test because that seems to be a common request http www dslreports com testhistory cf This computer is a dual-boot XP and Linux nbsp

A:cable speed drops to 200k

Time to call Comcast again, it appears to be their problem!

Run the line quality test a couple more times, I'd like to see more than one result. Keep the printouts of this for the Comcast boys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-speed-drops-to-200k.686061/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hope some one can help. I recently changed my mobo to an Asus P5N32-E SLI Plus, ever since my download speeds have slowed. If I change any NIC settings the NIC resets and my speeds are perfect for approx 5 mins & then the speed drops. This occurs with all applications.
I am using a Netgear DG834GT (wirless disabled).
I have tried all negotiation settings.
Disabled my spare NIC in BIOS.
I'm running XP sp2.

A:NIC speed drops after approx 5 mins

Try the "spare" NIC and see if the symptoms are the same.

FWIW, I had to disable the on-board NIC on my ABIT Fatal1ty and use a PCI NIC with Vista, the on-board one didn't function correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nic-speed-drops-after-approx-5-mins.598633/
Relevancy 55.47%

Just recently I started getting a popup message in my icon tray:

"This USB device can perform faster if you connect it to a Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port. For a list of available ports, click here."

At the same time I noticed two things:

1) Data transfer from my computer (ThinkPad, WinXP SP2) to my external HD slowed to a crawl. Backing up huge files used to take no time, now it's painfully slow.

2) My USB thumb drive is no longer recognized by my computer. The thumb drive works on other computers just fine.

Another USB device, a wireless mouse, works fine.

Help.

Steve

A:Weird USB problem (drops speed, more)

Do you have 2.0 USB ports?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-usb-problem-drops-speed-more.547669/
Relevancy 55.04%

My wifi driver disappears from my HP Envy laptop. The driver is a Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adaptor. Prior to and after upgrading the operating system to Windws 10, the computer would not display the Qualcommm upon startup. Rather, the computer would not detect any wifi capaility and any troubleshooting information provided was to plug in a cable for internet. Searching for the Qualcomm doesn't help. For the last 4 startups the Qualcom has not reappeared. We ethen removed the Windows 10 operating system and reverted back to Windows 8.1, Th e qualcomm and wifi appeared briefly, but the computer froze and now, following 4 start-ups it does not reappear. In rder to post this question, I've had t plug the computer in. Please advise. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-driver-drops/td-p/5645459
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey All new to the forum thanks for the replies in advance and I m sorry if Drops Network WiFi I m not explaining it in the correct terms WiFi Network Drops My issue seems to be with my computer Often when I am connected to my WiFi router my internet service and subsequent connection to the network drops inexplicably My computer will claim WiFi Network Drops it is no longer connected When I attempt to reconnect the computer claims it cannot The troubleshooter also cannot find an issue All the while other devices and computers on the network will be perfectly connected without interruption The only way to fix this is to actually go to the router reset it and wait This can happen within minute of being reset minute an hour or WiFi Network Drops sometimes days go by without it being an issue No rhyme No reason That I can find Other times my network will just slow down I ll see the connection drop from full signal to bars If I catch it then I can run the troubleshooter and everything will be restored although the message the computer returns is that there was no problem found Either this or if I turn off my wifi then turn it back on reconnect to my network boom speed restored This is driving me insane I can t seem to fix it Any help is appreciated as I am quite tired of having to march across the room - times every day to reset this Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-drops.1155555/
Relevancy 55.04%

My probem is that periodically my laptop jump off the internet, and then can't find any nearby networks. I have tried reinstalling new drivers for my wifi adaptor, but the problem stays. When the only thing that helps is restarting the wifi adaptor. The windows solution says that there is a wifi adaptor that is misplaced or broken. Please help

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/wifi-drops-out-very-frequently-4598478/
Relevancy 55.04%

So yeah silly me Installed windows anniversary update i could have chose not to and drops Wifi every minutes 10 now i keep getting disconnecting from my wifi every - mins It was working perfectly before it And I tried Wifi drops every 10 minutes everything believe me Rolling back to previous build this had to work turning off power saving mode on my network adapter reinstalling it downloading new drivers Wifi drops every 10 minutes from Asus website I've also tried winsock reset dns flush ip config release etc Also turning off my firewall disabling realtek ethernet adapter antivirus haven't helped me at all And yeah I can access my internet with ethernet cable and other devices are working without problems I also tried an external wifi adapter and had the same problem Funny thing is I can still access ipv websites after it gets disconnected it has something to do with DNS Yes I also tried putting Google DNS servers The only thing that I haven't tried is installing wifi drivers that I have on my asus disk that came with loptop will do it later today If you're interested here's my network adapter mediatek mt e Help will be appreciated thank you in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/wifi-drops-every-10-minutes-1152761.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys in the last day or so, my Technicolor TG587n v3 modem's wifi disconnects and then restarts whenever I reboot my galaxy S4, wired internet stays connected but wifi turns off, any ideas?

A:Modem drops wifi

Okay. Who is your ISP. There has been known issues for that model. That is why most go with their own equipment for Internet. Too many issues with the all-in-one gateways.

You could just turn off the onboard wifi, and use a Wireless Access Point instead. I use the Engenius ECB-350 for my network. Never have had any issues with it. I can pick it up to 75' from my house.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52517-modem-drops-wifi.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently purchased a LG Optimus P500h with Android 2.2. I have a problem with its wifi. At home I have Dlink router DIR-825. My laptop and desktop are working good on this network. But this phone keeps dropping the connection, and starts scaning again and again for no reason. The phone can see the wifi, and is able to connect to it, but drops it after a few seconds. In order to pinpoint the problem, I tried connecting my phone to the public library's wifi, and it worked.

Thanks for your help in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lg-p500h-drops-wifi.1014420/
Relevancy 55.04%

If I do a direct connect from my cable modem to my PC my speeds are 1.4Mbps to 2Mbps. But when I hook up my new Belkin router and direct connect the best I get is 750Kbps. (The wireless connection between the router and my computer is just as bad, which is why I started direct-connecting to test everything out.)

This is a NEW Belkin G router with 64bit WEP turned 'on'. (But WEP shouldn't make a difference in my direct-connect speeds, right?)

Any suggestions before I throw this router up on eBay and start over?

A:Cable modem speed drops dramatically when...

Did you reset the router to factory defaults and test it that way with the direct connect? I can't imagine the router having that much effect on wired connections.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cable-modem-speed-drops-dramatically-when.471345/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi,
i have a networking wire between 2 APs. after how much long the connection will be droped.
in other words can i connect 2 APs using a Network wire of lenght 100ft??

thanks
Coure

A:Solved: Long Lan wire drops speed?

Yep, you can actually connect them 100 meters apart.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-long-lan-wire-drops-speed.585866/
Relevancy 55.04%

I just built a system with Windows Home Premium bit with a Gigabyte WP N wireless almost drops Windows 64 7 bit Wireless speed halt, to card When connecting to my router a Netopia the network speed is initially OK kb Wireless speed drops to almost halt, Windows 7 64 bit s but then drops straight to a consistant slow kb s The time it takes for the speed to drop is anything from a few seconds to a few minutes The slow speed stays Wireless speed drops to almost halt, Windows 7 64 bit The odd thing is if I disconnect and reconnect to my router the speed is back to OK till the same thing happens and it suddenly drops again This happen everytime no matter what I do Transfering a file with ftp from the command prompt or some web browsing is enough At first I thought it was the card so I removed it and tried two different USB wifi plugs Sitecom and D-Link Same thing happens I have several other computers running XP with wireless connections to the same router that have never had any problems So I reinstalled Windows thinking perhaps I messed up something I did a clean install with no added drivers Windows installs a driver for the Gigabyte WP N card automatically first thing I do is try to transfer some files with ftp and the speed still drops Windows Update found a newer driver for the card but it made no difference I also tried Gigabyte's own driver Ralink also made no difference I am totally clueless and this is driving me nuts Anyone got any ideas

A:Wireless speed drops to almost halt, Windows 7 64 bit

Have you tried changing channels on your router? You might be getting signal interference from another appliance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/46622-wireless-speed-drops-almost-halt-windows-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi There is hdd's installed to my rig is gb kingston ssd where i run my windows is tb hitachi where i keep my games and other junk is seagates gb laptop speed files 2 between when Copy Hdd's drops to 0 copying hdd The main problem was that sometimes when opening or just clicking some folders freezes the file explorer and it crashes after it so i tought to format the second hdd to make it work better now it seems work ok except for moving files from hdd to another When copying the copy speed just at random point drops to and leaves the hdd to hang and the hdd is dropping Copy speed drops to 0 when copying files between 2 Hdd's to What i have tried I ran hdd regenerator and bad sectors were fixed Also tried to change sata ports That's not much but can't figure anythin else for now and i am starting to suspect that my hdd is gone bad also when downloading mb file from internet it makes same thing but i don't know is it same problem

A:Copy speed drops to 0 when copying files between 2 Hdd's

A lot of folks have been having issues with a particular update, many posts in the sound sub-forum: No Sound- The device is being used by another application

Never mind, somehow I cross-posted here.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/50424-copy-speed-drops-0-when-copying-files-between-2-hdds.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello ....
every time i download something ,the internet speed start very good sometimes its 6 Mb and sometimes its 1 Mb
this is an example :
and after 40 seconds or more its dropped to the half to 50 KB :

this problem is so annoying :'(

driver of network card is updated :
ipconfig /all :
screenshot of xirros :
guys sorry if u want more information about the problem tell me and ill answer quickly . i showed u all the information i know .

and thanks a lot i appreciated so much

A:Why my internet download speed drops to half

no one commented

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/36623-why-my-internet-download-speed-drops-half.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I can connect to the internet and browse but after anywhere from a minute to ten minutes my connection speed drops or i get connected speed drops minutes connection after disconnected all together I only have this problem at school in my dorm It works fine on my wifi at home and in other buildings on campus I know nothing is wrong with my dorm building because my roommate who also uses windows has no problems connecting and staying connected I have talked to the I T dept at school and they didnt help much at all I have run a Malwarebytes full scan and it didnt find anything I have disabled McAfee and the problem still persists I have also changed all settings on my wifi card to the most aggressive possible and disabled all power saving options When i run a diagnostic on my connection while im having problems i generally get one of two errors quot the connection between your access point router or cable modem connection speed drops after minutes connected and the connection speed drops after minutes connected internet is broken quot or quot the default gateway is not available quot If i get the second error it says its been fixed and my connection will speed up again for about another minutes and then the cycle repeats If anyone has any ideas on what it could be please let me know because im pretty good with computers and this has me completely stumped

A:connection speed drops after minutes connected

Hi there,

We can have a look at your signal strength. Please download, install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.
To run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, double click the Xirrus icon on your Desktop, you may use the Windows 7 snipping tool to crop or Paint by tapping the Print screen key on your keyboard, open up Paint (Click on Start>All Programs>Accessories>Paint) then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then save it and please attach the file on your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/251527-connection-speed-drops-after-minutes-connected.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I lose wireless internet connection consistently I can get it back up by switching airplane mode on drops wifi Another Solved: problem and off or disconnecting and reconnecting the connection but then it ll drop again in either a few minutes or sometimes a few hours no consistency I m using Windows on a Lenovo G s see below Router is Asus RT-AC P Dual Band Doesn t matter if I m next to the router or on other side of the house Just so you know Other computers in house and phone and tablets work perfectly with the Asus Lenovo works perfectly on Ethernet and Solved: Another wifi drops problem also works fine with the xfinitywifi public but of course that s not secure The Comcast combination xfinity modem and wireless didn t work well for anyone so put it in bridge mode and bought the Asus router I have tried to no avail choosing channels on both and rather than auto setting rebooting everything trying to avoid resetting router since everything else in the house works perfectly with it double checked the proxy settings as recommended Seems to me it has to be some peculiar setting on the Lenovo computer related to the Asus router since xfinitywifi works just fine Thanks for any help Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO INVALID Antivirus Norton Security Suite Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Have several Chromebook 14 G4 that drop their WiFi connection and then will not find any wireless networks until after a restart.  This happens often when waking from sleep and the Chromebook will not reconnect as scanning for wireless networks comes up with nothing until the device is restarted   Turning the WiFi off and back on again does not resolve the problem.    Version 50.0.2661.103 (64-bit)Platform 7978.74.0 (Official Build) stable-channel kipFirmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25

A:Chromebook 14 G4 drops WiFi connection

#HPExpertDayI guess you may have to run a power wash. Also check for new updates.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Chromebook-14-G4-drops-WiFi-connection/td-p/5624727
Relevancy 54.61%

the wifi range in my laptop is very very less.. it does not connect to the wifi network even when router is at a distaance of 2 feet... but when they are side by side it gets connected showing low signal strenght... i tried updating bios.. updating drivers.. formatting.. also but the problem still remains... currently i am using winsows 10 pro...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-connection-drops-and-very-very-very-low-in-range/td-p/5620107
Relevancy 54.61%

I am having a problem with my wireless network in my home. Whenever download speeds over 2mbps go on for over a minute or so, the whole wireless network goes down for around a minute and boots back up. The wired connection works fine during this time. The Router I am using is a Netgear R6200 and it is broadcasting dual-band up to 300mbps and 800 mbps respectively. The drop in coverage happens regardless of which band I am using. Does anyone have any thoughts or possible solutions?

My speedtest numbers are 33.09 mbps download and 6.04mbps upload.

A:WiFi drops over 2mbps in download

is this downloading via wireless / cable or wireless only and you say only wireless is effected

sounds like an issue with the router,

confirm that downloading via cable - works OK and does not effect the wireless at all

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-drops-over-2mbps-in-download.1113619/
Relevancy 54.61%

So hello When I m next to the room where the router is the WiFi connection sometimes just drops I d say occasionaly Laptop drops wifi that I can surf something like - minutes and then all of sudden the WiFi connection drops and the WiFi tray icon says that I have a limited connection Though the signal quality is and sometimes even which is maximum And then it takes like - seconds to get everything back to normal again But then again when I was in the same room as my router actually on the same desk as the router I didn t have any problems with WiFi dropping - I think I ll test later tonight again if there s really a difference if I sit basically next to the router and then Laptop wifi occasionaly drops when I go to the other room the connection starts dropping every once in a Laptop wifi occasionaly drops while and remember I still have an excellent signal quality And I ll add just in case that I haven t had any problems with wired connection And in our household we ve got one laptop more and this one hasn t had any problems with WiFi dropping So it must be something with my laptop I guess I m sure you need some more details as well so there you go - WiFi network card Atheros Communications AR Wireless Network Adapter According to device manager Driver date Driver version - Second network card for wired connection I guess Attansic Now owned by Atheros AR Gigabit Ethernet According to device manager Driver date Driver version - OS Windows bit - Router SpeedTouch WL - Software release - Anti-virus McAfee Internet Security Can t tell you the exact version because it has different versions for different things For example SecurityCenter has v and VirusScan has v Just to add that I ve heard that some people have had problems with WiFi and it has been anti-virus fault Well I m not planning to keep McAfee I ll get rid of it soon But I think it might help if I mention the anti-virus program too If there s any other detail that I forgot to mention let me know and ask Cheers A-placid

A:Laptop wifi occasionaly drops

You could always disable or reinstall your antivirus if you speculate that its causing such problem. What router and laptop model do you use? Have you tried changing channel for the router?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467978/laptop-wifi-occasionaly-drops/
Relevancy 54.61%

Win home bit on Gateway laptop My laptop Wifi keeps dropping InSSider shows the beacon signal strength of my router - dB well above other networks near me at - dB My router drops continuously connectivity Wifi is the only broadcaster on its channel InSSider shows receiving the signal at - dB but then drops down to - dB which is complete loss then back up It may be Wifi continuously drops connectivity up for three or four seconds or only a second before dropping The up down is continuous Control panel shows no warnings Everything is installed correctly I power cycled the router as well as the modem uninstalled reinstalled the drivers for the Wifi continuously drops connectivity wifi adapter Installed newer wifi drivers I changed channels on the router Changed authentication type then back to WPA ipconfig release all renew SSID is not hidden Replaced the router and tried everything again --signal still up then down then up down--changing routers gives same results Connectivity is constant with Ethernet non-wireless connection Last night between a m and Wifi continuously drops connectivity a m the wifi signal was steady No drop out at all But after the connection is never up for more than a few seconds before going down Unable to locate any potential interference--appliances that may have been off during the solid time On a different computer the local network and wifi has good connectivity InSSider shows the signal coming from the router to be steady no drop out Any ideas Here is a screen shot of what InSSider shows My wireless router connectivity is the red line You can see its signal strength is strong then drops to nothing then back up and repeats these cycles are happening within a minute this is without anything trying access the network When I try to access the internet either through a program or through a browser probably times out of as soon as I click on a link the connection drops

A:Wifi continuously drops connectivity

You might want to start up in Safe mode with Networking to determine if this problem is caused by an installed program or software.

Safe Mode with Networking - Add to Windows Boot Manager Screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/299373-wifi-continuously-drops-connectivity.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I have a rather annoying issue and i'm stuck trying to find out 10 drops adapter every seconds Wifi a solution My D-link Ac wifi adapter keeps losing connection to my router every seconds I have tried many solutions to try and fix this from unplugging and restarting my pcrolling back the driving and updating themexchanged the device for a new replacementupdating the motherboard biosun checking the power setting to stop the device from being turned but still nothing fixes the issue take note that this only occurs on my pc which is brand new works fine on my laptop doesn't drop out every seconds Would anyone have any idea or have the Wifi adapter drops out every 10 seconds same issue with a solution to the problem Here is the ping with the issue Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Request timed out Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL

http://www.pchelpforum.com/network-help/129742-wifi-adapter-drops-out-every-10-seconds.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I bought this laptop in May with Windows OS installed and took advantage of the free upgrade to Windows Everything has been great and I love Windows up until a recent system update Since then every time I use the laptop the wifi connection keeps dropping out The wifi symbol in the system tray goes greyed out with a star on it If I right click and select troubleshoot the following problems are found nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Problem with wireless adapter or access point nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Detected nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp in a yellow triangle nbsp nbsp nbsp The default gateway is not available nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Fixed nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Tick in a green circle nbsp I then close the window and click on the wifi icon but I have no available networks despite having Galaxy S 's and other drops wIfI 10 since out Windows upgrade laptops running wIfI drops out since Windows 10 upgrade this is normal amount of devices to be on nbsp I have done a factory reset and already lost a lot of software and I really don't know what to do nbsp Can anyone please help nbsp Moose

A:wIfI drops out since Windows 10 upgrade

Hey @MooseHP?,Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community! I understand that you're having troubles with the wireless connection on your HP Envy 17 Notebook. I'd be happy to help you with this. The following Document page is helpful when troubleshooting wireless connectivity issues.Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 10)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adapter:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from HP.com but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas. I would also strongly suggest running the HP Support Assistant.The following are some helpful links for troubleshooting the HP Support Assistant or downloading the latest version:HP Support AssistantHP PCs - Using HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8, 7)HP PCs - Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant (Windows 10, 8) Run through these steps and let me know how it goes. Please keep me posted.  You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!Cheers.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wIfI-drops-out-since-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5397647
Relevancy 54.61%

Can I somehow automatically reconnect if my wireless network drops? Now I must choose Repair connection to reconnect. Can it be done automatically?

Relevancy 54.61%

Hello This problem is frustrating me a lot now After upgrading to WIndows I frequently 10 drops Windows Wifi have noticed that my Wi-Fi connection frequently drops without any pattern whatsover It just drops randomly and re-connects after - minutes If I attempt to connect to the network in that period Windows 10 Wifi drops frequently of - minutes it will sometimes connect and sometimes fail I have other laptops of which has Windows and they don't experience this problem I have searched online and tried tons of things Nothing has fixed the problem so far Below are all the things I tried Please help if you have any suggestions or if there are known issues with Windows Updated the driver software Uninstalled the driver and re-installed it Unchecked the setting of 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' in Power Management of the wireless network adapter Uninstalled anti-virus to eliminate anti-virus as the issue Disabled 'Wifi Sense' options of 'Connect to suggested hotspots' amp 'Connect to networks shared by my contacts' I am clueless as to what the issue is Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/63181-windows-10-wifi-drops-frequently.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Every day or so, my wifi connection will no longer have internet access.  I have 2 HP Pavilion's and 1 Lenovo.  This is the only one that has this issue.  I've had the hard drive replaced and everything reinstalled for other reasons, but the issue with internet connectivity is still there.  If I hover over the WiFi icon in the lower right coner, it tells me right now the NETGEAR router I'm connected to and says Internet access below it.  When I've dropped internet access, the icon will have a yellow mark on it and hovering shows my NETGEAR router but it says no internet access. All I have to do is disconnect from my router and reconnect and I'll have internet access again, but that gets irritating. Could this be a hardware issue on my laptop and how do I determine that?  I'm still under warranty for another 2 months.

A:WiFi drops internet connection

You Can read the entry ghost WiFi I have dpne an optimization with Avast optimizer but I can't be sure if was the solution.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-drops-internet-connection/td-p/5806695
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem whereby my wifi drops out and then reconnects a few seconds later. This problem is on my computer as I've checked my router's logs and it doesn't mention anything untowards.

The Event Viewer reports this:

Quote:
The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state.

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7036
Level: Information
User: N/A
OpCode: Info
Logged: 26/04/12 19:25:54
Task Category: None
Keywords: Classic
Computer: computer

It doesn't happen every day and always happens when I'm using the computer. Can anyone off me advice please? I have my computer set up to only connect to one specific network and it always does this.

A:Wifi Drops Out Occasionally and Reconnects

Quote: Originally Posted by bingefeller

Hi guys,

I'm having a problem whereby my wifi drops out and then reconnects a few seconds later. This problem is on my computer as I've checked my router's logs and it doesn't mention anything untowards.

The Event Viewer reports this:

Quote:
The TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service entered the stopped state.

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7036
Level: Information
User: N/A
OpCode: Info
Logged: 26/04/12 19:25:54
Task Category: None
Keywords: Classic
Computer: computer

It doesn't happen every day and always happens when I'm using the computer. Can anyone off me advice please? I have my computer set up to only connect to one specific network and it always does this.

This problem usually occurs because your router is set to use a wireless channel that is overloaded by your neighbors WIFI connection.

It's best to scan the networks in your area then choose a channel that is furthest away from the ones your neighbors are using. Xirrus WIFI scanner works well for this. You can post the results here if you still aren't sure which channel to choose.

Wi-Fi Inspector | Xirrus

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/226653-wifi-drops-out-occasionally-reconnects.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hope someone can help with this I ve recently connection. wifi drops Vista the got a new modem router hub and when I try to connect to it wirelessly it ll connect but then my computer will drop the connection and won Vista drops the wifi connection. t get it back until I restart I m certain it s a computer problem and not a router or modem problem since my mother s netbook Vista drops the wifi connection. can connect and stay connected for hours The router is in my living room and it doesn t matter where my computer is whether it s in the living room too or in Vista drops the wifi connection. my own room the connection will still drop When I open up quot Connect to a network quot in Vista there are absolutely no networks in the list even though I know there are plenty in my apartment block The wifi switch is on and the list only refreshes when I restart The connection can drop at any time whether it s seconds after I ve connected or minutes but it does it a lot and it s becoming infuriating I hope someone can help with this because it s driving me nuts already Any advice will be very much appreciated and if there s any specs that need to be supplied I can definitely do that Thanks in advance Nikki nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

My wifi goes in and out alot. It's happens on multiple phone, labtops, and a gaming system. So, I feel it's specific to my router not my computers. I want something I can prove to my provider that my wifi keeps dropping. I have Time Warner Cable. Modem information is
Cable Modem Information
Ubee:
Cable Modem : DOCSIS 3.0 Compliant
Boot Code Version : 14.3.1e
Software Version : 8.14.3105
Hardware Version : 3.13.1
CA Key : Installed

The computer I will be running on is windows 8. I don't have net3.5 on my computer.

Free please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/program-to-monitor-wifi-drops.1155307/
Relevancy 54.18%

Story:
Well i have a serious prob here and i hope you guys can help me. I have no one else to turn to after sevral tech visits. But it seems that thay can not and will not be able to fix my cable. I am very pissed that that they cant fix this problem. I would Swich ISPs but there is no other ISP to swich to. If i dont like Mellennium Digital Media i can swich to dial up.

Problem:
Recently i have been having issues with my download speed droping out almost completly and for what i pay a month it is not acceptable.
Some Screenshots that may help...

Test 1
Test 2
Modem Signal
My ISP

http://www.mdm.net/home.htm

A:Download speed drops out for hours daily :( (this is a tuff 1)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/download-speed-drops-out-for-hours-daily-this-is-a-tuff-1.483077/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all First thanks in advance for the help from anyone and everyone My family bought a new router ASUS RT AC U which on Ethernet is pretty decent It gets Mbps on speedtest net However when I try to go on wifi no matter what network adapter I use the speed never breaks Mbps which is not exactly sufficient and drops even more as I move into my Speed router, HP laptop, on USB ASUS Mercury drops wi-fi, room which is further away and Speed drops on wi-fi, ASUS router, HP laptop, Mercury USB places a concrete wall between my laptop phone tablets Speed drops on wi-fi, ASUS router, HP laptop, Mercury USB and the router We have one quot homeplug quot that routes the network via ethernet through our power sockets but this is reserved for the desktop the speed here is insignificant as the desktop isn't used much My current laptop is the HP envy sleekbook -k tx which supposedly has b g n adapter Also a few other laptops wanted to benefit from the new router and our Mbps internet optic fiber service plan so we purchased a Mercury MW TV usb receiver which detects as a Realtek device RTL SU for some reason thanks China The CD that came along with it does not include a working driver so I just tried out of the top results I could find on the internet I have messed with a lot of settings in vain my internet connection is still ridiculously slow on wi-fi Any advice would be appreciated I am ready to post any additional information should it be required Thanks again in anticipation Your responses will be read with gratitude

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/51058-speed-drops-wi-fi-asus-router-hp-laptop-mercury-usb.html
Relevancy 54.18%

My downloads are fine but when other users try to upload the speed starts high and rapidly drops to zero. Can I fix this?

Relevancy 54.18%

Hi We recently bought a new LG internet tv Ever since then we have had major issues with our internet Whenever it is turned on the internet speed drops significantly making it near impossible to watch a video online I have read somewhere that this could be due to the TV causing interference with the wifi but the strange thing is it even stops me from going online on my xbox which is connected straight to the router by ethernet cable The effect is so immediate and obvious that I can be streaming netflix on my xbox hear the tv get turned on drops when turned by when connected is ethernet speed Internet on TV even in the other room and instantly get disconnected from live or the video starts trying to buffer forever We don t actually use the internet function on the tv and the problem remains whether it is connected to our router or not The TV is approximately - metres away and a direct line Internet speed drops when TV is turned on even when connected by ethernet from it to the router would go through a wall and a door Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated Apologies in Internet speed drops when TV is turned on even when connected by ethernet advance if I have posted this in the wrong section I wasn t sure where to post it nbsp

A:Internet speed drops when TV is turned on even when connected by ethernet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-speed-drops-when-tv-is-turned-on-even-when-connected-by-ethernet.1110546/
Relevancy 54.18%

I am having an odd problem on one of my new laptops. I have a new gateway tablet laptop and am using wireless networking in my home, a linksys wrt54g, the wireless router is pretty close to me and I always show full signal. However, my speed has been dropping from 54Mbps to 24, and sometimes lower, even though I am at full signal.

This does not occur on my other gateway laptop.

If I repair the connection it reconnects me at 54Mbps every time.

Anyone have any troubleshooting tips?

Thanks,
Tyler

Relevancy 54.18%

EDIT Moved to Am I Infected boopmeHello hope that somebody can help me because I have a problem that make me crazy I pay for mega download speed max in my country and normally it s working with Ethernet and wifi at - mega real download speedthen days a go I have make speed-tests and with Ethernet is working in my Toshiba Satellite and the Mac-book Pro like ever at mega but in wifi with the Toshiba Satellite at mega and with the mac-book only at mega download speed have change channel from to and not are changing nothingalso I have downloaded MetaGeek inSSIDer so that I can see in real time what channels are occupied in my zone and if there is with speed speed ethernet good bad wifi a confusion overlap so I chose channel and was the only user but nothing was changing so I have ask Telecom for a modem router change because the last time with this problem I have resolve ok I install new modem-router and now the mac book goes in ethernet and wifi at - mega download speed but my Toshiba satellite goes in ethernet at and in wifi at mega download speed so I have resolved in part but not for the satelliteso I have make complete clean work on disks scan antivirus and it s clean ore maybe not I have download a program called Spyding that have find quot Trojan Win Agent bhk quot Path quot C windows System nhelper exe quot but in some forum I have see that nhelper exe is ok and when I test it with my antivirus he say that nhelper exe is clean When I has click to remouve the trojan in Spyding they aske for payment so I think maybe it bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed is a false allarm after I have download and install new drivers and firmware for my wireless card and have also change settings but no way for have more than mega download speed with wifi but with ethernet it is working normal at - mega - can some body help me please before I put my laptop out of the balcony - bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

A:bad wifi speed with good ethernet speed

Hello,And welcome to BleepingComputer.com, before we can assist you with your question of: Am I infected? You will need to perform the following tasks and post the logs of each if you can.Malwarebytes Anti-MalwareNOTEMalwarebytes is now offering a free trial of their program, if you want to accept it you will need to enter some billing information, so that at the end of the trial you would be charged the cost of the product. Please decline this offer, if you are unable to provide billing information. If you want to try it out, then provide the billing information.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Full Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.SUPERAntiSpyware:Please download and scan with SUPERAntiSpyware FreeDouble-click SUPERAntiSypware.exe and use the default settings for installation.An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.If it will not start, go to Start > All Prgrams > SUPERAntiSpyware and click on Alternate Start.If asked to update the program definitions, click "Yes". If not, update the definitions before scanning by selecting "Check for Updates". (If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here. Double-click on the hyperlink for Download Installer and save SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to your desktop. Then double-click on SASDEFINITIONS.EXE to install the definitions.)In the Main Menu, click the ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/452964/bad-wifi-speed-with-good-ethernet-speed/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hey guys/gals!

This problem just recently started happening with my computer. I'll be playing a video game or surfing the web or whatever and all of a sudden my wifi connection will drop.

So I'll click the wifi symbol at the bottom right hand corner of the screen to reconnect... but even though it will say that there are connections when I hover over the icon, the list of possible connections will be blank.

I uploaded a screenshot to imgur so you can see for yourself: http://i.imgur.com/qAC5YX1.jpg

The only way for me to fix this problem is to system restore to a few days ago. But this is getting pretty tedious.

Help please?

Relevancy 53.75%

I have a K450e with a 1x1 11bgn wireless adapter (Broadcom?) that drops and takes up t one hour to reconnect.The started after Microsoft pushed out the Windows upgrade mid august.I can'r find any new drivers. Anyone have a solusion? I posted a request ti the Swedish sopport aug 17 but haven't heard from them.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/WiFi-connection-drops-on-K450e-with-Windows-10-after-Windows/td-p/3399894
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi TeamI got a Thinkpad X1 Carbon with Win10 clean instalation and all updated. The Laptop in under Warranty so if I m not able to solve this issue I will return the Laptop.The WIFI card is an Intel N7260 and all the time and at any time unexpexted is droping the WIFI connection. I have updated the driver downloading from Lenovo and yesterday I downloaded the last driver from INTEL but the problem persists.If any guideline to solve will be great. Thank you.

Captura.PNG ?306 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Win10-WIFI-drops-intermitent/td-p/3393249
Relevancy 53.75%

My brothers WiFi will cut off when he tries to play any games whether online or not.

He can download files fine off the net, talk on net voice chats like Skype, but as soon as he tries to play a game he drops out.

His WiFi works fine at my house, but when he takes his PC back to his WiFi network the problem returns.

He has tried another adapter, re installed all the drivers.

What do you think could be the problem?

If you want any error logs or anything please let me know as I don't know where they are and I will grab them off him.

This problem has been occurring for a few months and we have not found a way to fix it

Relevancy 53.75%

Wifi connection periodically drops on extensa 2510. OS: Win10. Adapter: Broadcom 802.11n (driver: 6.30.223.234) Is there any solution?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Extensa/Wifi-connection-drops-on-extensa-2510/td-p/466805
Relevancy 53.75%

I recently upgraded the OS on my old Pavillion dv6700 notebook from Vista to Windows 10. The wireless network adapter often drops out when the device is not in use - it may work okay for days, or  sometimes only minutes. Sometimes running the troubleshoot routine resets the adapter and sometimes the adapter has to be disabled and then re-enabled. (Turning the laptop off and on again also works.) I understand that this is an old device, but everything else works fine and even though this problem is relatively easy to rectify, it is annoying. Is there a simple solution to this issue. 

A:dv 6700 windows 10 wifi adapter drops out

Hi: See if unchecking the 'allow windows to turn off this device to save power' box on the power options tab for the wireless card works for you. What model wireless card does your notebook have? There may be other tweaks you can do on the Advanced tab.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/dv-6700-windows-10-wifi-adapter-drops-out/td-p/5640538
Relevancy 53.75%

greetings i have found a few threads here that describe problems similar to mine but nothing exactly i've also used those threads to do a bit of troubleshooting but nothing has worked i connect to wifi on my computer it works fine no when connection wifi TV (hdmi) PC drops gets power problem my tv is connected to my pc via hdmi i PC drops wifi connection when TV gets power (hdmi) get video PC drops wifi connection when TV gets power (hdmi) and audio fine on my tv PC drops wifi connection when TV gets power (hdmi) when i'm using it through my pc the problem is when my tv gets power the wifi on my pc drops and it stops recognizing all of the wireless networks in the area that are normally on the list it still will see my network as it is set to automatically connect to it but when i try to connect while the tv has power it will not it's not just when the tv gets turned on but when it actually gets power when it gets plugged in to the wall socket when i unplug the tv all of the wireless networks pop back up on my list and i can connect to mine with no problems i'll also note that when my tv has power and i have no wifi on my pc i still do have wifi on my phone the router is about feet from me in another room my network adapter is a Qualcomm Atheros AR Wireless Network Adapter and i'm running windows tv is a toshiba not a smart tv uninstalled and installed newest drivers for the network adapter it's set to not turn off the adapter to save power and it's set to high performance i've run the troubleshooters both when the tv has no power pc has wifi and when the tv has power pc has no wifi it always says there is nothing wrong with the adapter any help or ideas would be much appreciated

A:PC drops wifi connection when TV gets power (hdmi)

Welcome to the forum!

Your post is a bit confusing. You talk about HDMI and WiFi which have nothing to do with each other. Plugging in HDMI to the TV should have no affect on your WiFI unless you have a computer hardware problem.

Also no mention of router make/model. Computer make/model would be nice too.

Going by what you describe with the TV it sounds like your computer's HDMI port is messed up. Have you tried different HDMI cable?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/63529-pc-drops-wifi-connection-when-tv-gets-power-hdmi.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I am a new iPhone user. I can get my iPhone to pick up the Wi Fi signal from my PC(Windows XP SP2) and Thomson (o2) router with netgear Wi Fi adaptor, but it drops the Wi Fi signal and goes on to the slower GPS signal almost as soon as I start using it on the Wi Fi connection. I see what appears to be a similar problem was posted in May '09 but the I could not understand the reply and do not think it aswers my problem.

I'd appreciate any advice that can be offered.

Will

Relevancy 53.75%

If my computer is not right next to the router and is idle for a while, the wifi connection drops. I have to "Open Network & Sharing Center", "Change adapter settings", disable and re-enable to reconnect. It's not a router issue since all other devices connect just fine.

A:Wifi drops - have to disable then re-enable to connect

Hi: The only suggestion I can offer would be to see if unchecking the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' box on the Power Management tab for the wireless card in the device manager, resolves the problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-drops-have-to-disable-then-re-enable-to-connect/td-p/5604579
Relevancy 53.75%

Here's a weird wifi drops connections xp both Accessing share one for you experts Background I have an XP pro x machine on wireless with shared folders a Ultimate x machine fresh install on Accessing xp share drops both wifi connections wireless and Linksys Wireless wired router I'll get the model number later can't remember I've had the Accessing xp share drops both wifi connections shares on xp set up for a long time and never had an issue with them on XP or Vista machines The two machines are on the same router same subnet same workgroup home individually assigned IPs and can access the outside fine does not have a quot share group quot set up Issue Whenever I access a shared folder from the machine it connects fine until I start to transfer files It will make it anywhere from a few seconds to a couple of minutes before the wireless connections on both machines are dropped The connection problems only happen when copying shared files I can browse shared folders or internet all I want I've been through the How-to-share tutorials but no change Any ideas what to try next Side note that may or may not have any bearing I had been having an issue where the wireless adapter didn't exist device manager or anywhere else after coming back from sleep That required me to reboot to see it again I fixed it by disabling the save power feature on the driver and disabling sleep mode

A:Accessing xp share drops both wifi connections

might be worth a look at a small program called "Net Stumbler" it will show if there is another network using the same frequency and channel number
In the share make sure "everyone' is in the share group and your permissions are set up on each share

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/176725-accessing-xp-share-drops-both-wifi-connections.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have an Envy 15t purchased in January 2016. Everything works except the WiFi, it keeps dropping. I have restored it, updated it, and updated the driver with no change in the operation. I have another laptop an Envy dv6 with a different wireless card and it works fine. This PC has the Broadcom BCM 43142. Anyone have solution or do I need to replace the PC?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/WiFi-Broadcom-BCM-43142-randomly-drops/td-p/5634082
Relevancy 53.75%

Some of you may recognize this however let me assure you it is not a double post just a very similar model of computer to one that had the same problem for me not even a week ago Unfortunately the BIOS flash located for me by Dave is not available for this computer as the model is ever so slightly different I navigated to the support page for this model and ALAS there is only one BIOS flash and it is not an update just the one I already have Additionally it requires a floppy drive which this computer does not have but apparently came with external ISSUE Clock speed drops from ghz to mhz when video is played unit recovers after video has been stopped a couple minutes This computer is NOT likely to be overheating because clock when speed PCG FRV37, video 334mhz is drops playing to the problem is identical to that of a PCG FRV unit that was solved with a BIOS flash Unit is otherwise functioning perfectly and in lovely shape I have only owned this machine a couple weeks SPECS PCG FRV BIOS R k mb RAM up to available to graphics currently Radeon IGP m Graphics integrated ghz P NOT hyperthreaded Any help would be great I would like to try the BIOS flash even though I don t think it will work if somebody can tell me how to get it PCG FRV37, clock speed drops to 334mhz when video is playing to use a flash drive instead of a floppy or even make it an ISO or slip stream it with XP even goodness I ll reload the OS to fix this if I have to yes the OS is fresh reloaded it when I got it has a recovery PCG FRV37, clock speed drops to 334mhz when video is playing partition nbsp

A:PCG FRV37, clock speed drops to 334mhz when video is playing

Hey guys, just an update:
I tore this computer apart, removed the processor and blew out all the dust checked all the fans etc. It didn't help I'm afraid. I knew it wasn't overheating, but I just had to be sure.

Any ideas? I'm not so much desperate as truly curious.

Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pcg-frv37-clock-speed-drops-to-334mhz-when-video-is-playing.907286/
Relevancy 53.75%

So basically how the title is.

My internet would drop out/freeze. Router doesn't indicate any change in service. I plug my laptop into the modem, and have prime speeds.

Restart the router. Works for awhile.
Reinstalled the firmware manually on the router.
Set the Channel off of "Auto" and put on various options of 9, 10, 11 to avoid clashes with other networks.

Freezes. Now the router indicates there's no connection. Drag the cord out of modem and test. Prime speeds.

Okay, screw this - I went and bought a new router yesterday because, sure, that Belkin one was 2-3 years old. Set it up with same channel settings, etc.
Same.
Freaking.
Thing.

I have a laptop that runs a VPN (for work) that uses it, plus multiple iphones (3) and ipads (2) an AppleTV and a Samsung smart TV.

Like, help me please here.

A:Internet Drops Out, Consistent Speed with Modem, New Router - no solution

OK, but lets solve on thing at a time 1) ignore the VPN at work and let's get the home router stabilized.
The mobile devices are difficult to diagnose, so 2) stick with the PC for now.

Standard questions:

did you update the ethernet & wifi drivers on the PC?
have you looked to ensure your new router has the latest firmware?
*if* you have a DSL connection to the ISP, do you have the line filters on EVERY device connected to the phone line EXCEPT the line to the modem? *MUST HAVE*
Got to get these right first.

THEN, find the MTU that's right for you AT HOME and set that into the new router:

get a command prompt
ping -l 1500 -f 8.8.8.8
as long as you see Packet needs to be fragmented but DF set., reduce the 1500 by 8 and iterate with the new number
:: record the MTU that works for your ISP at home
The router conf page is accessible using your browser and HTTP://your_router_address/
You need the router password
set the new MTU. Also set a new router password and save the settngs.

The wired connection should be solid at this point.

The wifi should also be better, as long as you avoid other stations with the same channel.
I assume you've see the post re inSSIDER for wifi setup.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-drops-out-consistent-speed-with-modem-new-router-no-solution.212305/
Relevancy 53.75%

I m using a belkin modem wireless router When the wireless connection speed is mbps i can surf the web But it often drops to mbps and sometimes even mbps When it does this i cant surf the web Every time this happens i need to repair my connection After that I would be able to surf for a few minutes Then the speed drops again I d have to repeat the same thing over the often unstable.Speed drops Wireless to surf and web. unable connection and over again And my pc which is connected via ethernet connection directly to the modem router works just fine When i called belkin s tech support they asked me to change from WPA to WEP After i did this the problem became worse My laptop cant even connect to the router I dont know whether it s the router or the dsl connection Bcoz i ve used linksys and netgear before and the same problem occurred back then but not as frequent as now So can anyone help me with this problem nbsp

A:Wireless connection unstable.Speed often drops and unable to surf the web.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-connection-unstable-speed-often-drops-and-unable-to-surf-the-web.766109/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello thank you for taking the time to help me out with this problem A few days ago my internet started really acting up Not the connection to the router the speed would slow dramatically at random points and then come back up to normal speed I could deal with this except for the fact that I run youtube com grimandjakegames a gaming YouTube channel This problem has made me unable to play any online games without the internet connection failing It will run fine for a while but then all of the sudden it just stops and then I'm disconnected from the server I've contacted my ISP but they don't seem to know anything and just had me reset my modem which did nothing The reason I am so confused is because nothing changed from when the internet was working fine to when it wasn't This lead me to believe it was the ISP's problem but maybe some of you could help If you need any more info just reply below when Internet Connection Games Drops Speed Fluctuations. Playing and I will try to help you out as best I can Thanks Hicoga

Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I'd love some input on the following problem It is not modem related as we just now got another modem from the ISP to completely heavy on even drops WiFi using traffic, when wired see if the problem was resolved It was for a week Then it started again Setup Current Modem router Inteno dg- -r a and previous Telewell cannot remember what model newest firmware on both problem occurred with the latter a bit more frequently Two PCs both WIRED to the router One iPhone sometimes also a Windows phone connecting Wireless One SmartTV LG connecting Wireless One Chromecast also Wireless Internet Mbit down and up We can use pcs at the same time or a pc and a TV or WiFi drops completely on heavy traffic, even when using wired Chromecast Never all devices at the same time WiFi drops completely on heavy traffic, even when using wired It seems to be the case that the wireless environment network internet in our home crashes completely whenever we are handling any kind of larger traffic even the kind that should be OK for this modem like downloads This means any bigger download can break down our wireless environment even if the download occurred wired on my PC on steam for example That means our wifi can go down if I download a big file on wired yes I'm not that this is the cause but it seems to be a systematic occurance whenever wifi goes down - a lot of data got transferred either from the internet or locally It also never tries to buffer anything if this happens with the TV streaming PC- gt TV using Serviio It just either works or work for a bit and then suddenly our wifi will go poof again all our wired stuff will still work flawlessly Can be in the first minute or after hours I recognize that this modem is not meant for streaming HD stuff wirelessly to our TV or even wired yet it works of the time I'd expect it to be laggy or buffering if it cannot handle the traffic yet none of that Wifi just goes down done gone disappeared evaporated It's out of the air and stays out of the air forever until I take off electricity from my modem and plug it back in Mostly I'm confused to why the Wifi would die if I'm downloading anything on my wired connection about of the time Thinking it was a faulty modem was a great theory until it turned out to not be the case and now I'm not even sure sinking - euro my own modem router will fix it whatever is causing it Some details perhaps of import Internet DOES drop out completely even on wired for a brief period of time usually between to minutes This happened this morning and the wifi cut-out happened just now It happened almost every day on the old modem Telewell but only once that we're aware of on the Inteno once in weeks now We have suffered DDOS attacks in the past months ago but we were using a different router and different OSes at that time We should have a different IP now and router logs have always been clean afterwards I kept a paranoid eye on that Router logs of the Telewell were devoid of any useful information concerning the issue and this Inteno doesn't seem to have logs trying to find amp enable them Thanks for any ideas

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/59368-wifi-drops-completely-heavy-traffic-even-when-using-wired.html
Relevancy 53.32%

So, this is my second Spectre x360 15t (2016 skylake) model and it has the same issue. When im not mobile, and working from home, I close the laptop and plug it into my docking station and HDMI adapter to work with a full keyboard and dual screens. But, everything I do this, the wifi drops instantly.  The first spectre x360 I had did this too, so I know its not a defect. Is nobody else having this issue?  It will work just fine if I even "crack" the screen open a little (literally half inch) and the wifi goes to full bars, but as soon as I close the lid completely, it drops to the point that pages wont load.  I believe this is a design flaw, but I've google and searched with nobody else complaining?  Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Spectre-x360-15-Wifi-Drops-when-display-is-closed/td-p/5634438
Relevancy 53.32%

The Wifi adapter (Ralink RT3290 802.11bgn) has been malfunctioning for the past two weeks. The wifi signal strength of visible networks is vey weak. It shows good strength in other devices though. Also, the Bluetooth , when turned on, never finishes searching for nearby devices. So, i am unable to connect to new devices. This laptop is 2 years old. Please suggest methods to resolve.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/wifi-connectivity-drops-and-bluetooth-never-finishes/td-p/5621395
Relevancy 53.32%

My computer always gives me the warning sign that I have limited connection about every ten minutes. I then trouble shoot it with (what else) windows trouble shooter. It fixes it self saying "The default gateway is not available." With the "Fixed" sign to the right. Then 10 mins later its down again. This only happens when I am using the internet not when I'm editing a video or something.

A:Wifi problems connection drops to limited every 10 minutes

Is this on your home router/gateway, or on public hotspots.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/52275-wifi-problems-connection-drops-limited-every-10-minutes.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I am new here but have done some. Searching and can't find my exact issue.

I have a Sharp Aquos LC-42LE540U tv. I can connect to. The 2.4mhz band of my Asus router. But after a day the connection gets lost.

When I go into Menu>Initial Setup>Internet Setup>Network Setup>Wireless Setup ... It shows 3 bars on the correct SSID. Using WPA2(AES) password.

Have tried. Rebooting router, modem, reset tv. Same issue replicates daily and sometimes within a few hours.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

A:Sharp Aquos drops wifi connection daily

do you have a PC with wireless at all - or a laptop you can put near the TV
it maybe channel interference , and it would be useful to see what channel your router is on, and what other signals are on

if you do have a PC please do the following
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx ( the site now appears to require a business email, so try the direct link below)
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres alternative links

http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html

http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Monitor-Download-99109.html

http://download.cnet.com/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-Inspector/3000-18508_4-75758254.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)
Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

To post a screen shot of the active window.

Windows XP
Hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.

Vista or Windows 7
you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-use-the-windows-snipping-tool/

Windows 8
you can use the snipping tool > Open Snipping Tool (From the Windows 8 Start Screen, type "snip" and press enter.
>Press the Esc. key.
>go back to your Windows 8 start screen - Swipe from left or press Window Button
>Press Ctrl+PrntScr button to use Snipping Tool
see here
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/opinion/windows/3415854/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3405830/how-take-screenshot-in-windows-8/
To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sharp-aquos-drops-wifi-connection-daily.1112105/
Relevancy 53.32%

Good Evening,  I recently purchased a Lenovo Erazer x315 for my girlfriend which worked fine for the first week. Now however the Wi-Fi keeps dropping connection, though it shows it?s still connected and she has to manually disconnect and reconnect to the Wi-Fi. It has disconnected her 4 times in the last hour as I've been trying to google solutions. She did the scan via the diagnostics page on this website and nothing failed. We thought it could be her router taking a dump, but her old laptop has been able to maintain a connection throughout her disconnects. The tower is primarily used for Teamspeak, Archeage, Minecraft, YouTube, FB, and a few artsy programs she has. Don?t know if any of that would affect it. Any help would be appreciated, being that I'm in the military, gaming is our main source of keeping in touch. The constant DC's are kind of aggravating to say the least. 

A:Lenovo Erazer X315, Constantly drops Wifi.

Hi there. Try to reinstall the wireless driver for the computer. QCA Wifi driver: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/Lenovo-Erazer-X-Series-desktops/Le... Realtek Wifi driver: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/Lenovo-Erazer-X-Series-desktops/Le... Realtek Wireless Lan driver: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Desktops-and-all-in-ones/Lenovo-Erazer-X-Series-desktops/Le...

I'm a Lenovo advocate, part of the Lenovo INsiders program. #LenovoIN. I don't work for Lenovo.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Lenovo-Erazer-X315-Constantly-drops-Wifi/td-p/3293356
Relevancy 53.32%

I hope the title made a little sense We currently have - laptops on location depending on the day There are around signals in the area including our two from on wifi, working same 2nd LAN connect drops to Internet SSID will which isn't insane considering signals in an apt building isn't unusual and rarely causes conflict This is in a two story office building with ours on the top floor Directly below us is a restaurant which I assume some of their appliances mess with our signal Regardless of that we still have great signal strength We have two routers in Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN the office to help ensure signal strength and two SSIDs for the swapping mentioned below A random number laptops at random times of the day will lose connection to our signals Which laptop when how many laptops and which SSID is not consistent There is nothing wrong on the WiFi icon or an ipconfig all and others will still be working on the network just fine You can then swap to the other SSID which could at the current time have users working on Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN it and users with it broken and your internet works I've tried to find some sort of pattern behind this Time brand model laptop and WiFi card nothing leads to a pattern No where in our office is the signal weak Sometimes we do remote conferences Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN presentation from our location and it looks quite bad when the laptop presenting the remote session randomly drops in the middle of it so it's becoming quite an issue there It of course is a nuisance regardless of what people are using the internet for Any suggestions of something to try Edit I forgot to mention that both routers are simply APs connected to the main firewall which does dhcp etc

A:Internet drops from working wifi, will connect to 2nd SSID on same LAN

Quote: Originally Posted by tanwedar

Edit: I forgot to mention that both routers are simply APs connected to the main firewall which does dhcp etc.

Just to clarify some terminology...

APs (i.e. "access points") are more often referred to "wireless access points", i.e. WAPs.

They are not in fact "routers". They are simply "wireless access points", which provide secondary wireless networks (i.e. SSID's) at remote distant locations away from the primary router, through a wired connection to the true primary wired router. This solution is commonly used when the wireless network available from the true primary router just can't reach the remote location dependably because of walls, distance or other radio frequency interference in the neighborhood.

Any device connecting (either wireless, or even wired if the WAP also provides some wired connectors as part of its "wired/wireless switch" technology) through these secondary wireless networks is actually passed on through by the AP to the primary router, where true network connected device management and DHCP occurs. Devices connecting to the WAP (either wired or wireless, doesn't matter) all appear as "wired connected devices" back on the primary router. This is because the WAP really is a "wired multi-port switch" from the perspective of the primary router, and any device connected through a wired switch will appear as a "wired connected device" on the primary router. It just happens that a WAP also provides a wireless way to connect to it, but this fact is hidden from the primary router and still looks like a "wired connected device".

Also, the primary main router (where DHCP management occurs) does normally also contain "firewall" technology to prevent intrusion from the outside. But the device itself is still referred to as a "router", not a "firewall".
Now, as to your actual issue, which I'd describe as random and occasional and unpredictable "fadeout" of wireless connectivity to assorted laptops, even while other laptops remain connected just fine to the same wireless network (i.e. SSID, from one of your two WAPs). The existing wireless connection is working fine from that laptop, until for no apparent reason it just is lost.

Well, I'm not sure there's an actual true solution here. I'd say it might be externally caused by the comings and goings of the other wireless networks also active in your building, potentially causing occasional RF interference on the very same wireless channel that happens to be in use for your own various wireless connected laptops which might then be affected. Remember that if your laptops vary by manufacturer and type, then the wireless adapters in them almost certainly also varies in their capability and sensitivity and reliability. Even when two laptops are side by side, their wireless reliability may vary depending on which wireless network they're currently connected to, as well as just their own inherent wireless hardware capability.
These types of situations can certainly be bothersome and annoying, as they are intermittent and seem to elude any genuine correction attempts, but are really "fatal" when they occur and that's harmful. But you can certainly try out other adaptations to improve the reliability and consistency.

(1) you can try WAP hardware from different manufacturers, to see if that provides superior performance. The WAP units from Ubiquiti (which come in assorted capabilities and prices depending on your need) are very highly regarded for commercial WiFi setup situations, and perhaps need to be installed professionally. But you presumably get what you pay for. I don't have any firsthand experience with these myself (other than to read the user reviews) but they're probably much more consistent and dependable than everyday inexpe... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/354646-internet-drops-working-wifi-will-connect-2nd-ssid-same-lan.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I've always thought so highly of HP and as such decided to purchase an HP laptop - nbsp an HP Envy -K ca Notebook nbsp I have had some issues from the start and one in particular is making for a Notebook. on brand HP constantly Envy drops new Wifi rather unpleasant experience nbsp The wifi connection keeps dropping nbsp It drops when the system is put in Wifi drops constantly on brand new HP Envy Notebook. sleep mode when I surf the net and even after a reboot nbsp nbsp I walked through Wifi drops constantly on brand new HP Envy Notebook. the issue and a few others with HP's nbsp nbsp help desk this evening and after hours was met with the same problem nbsp I am now having to reboot the computer and troubleshoot to try and maintain a wifi connection nbsp This is my first experience with an HP Laptop and I'm disappointed nbsp It's unfortunate but I may have to return it nbsp I'll be walking over to Apple for a replacement nbsp If someone from HP can resolve this for once and for all it would be helpful Otherwise I will have no choice but to return the unit nbsp Note nbsp I've noticed that others experience the same issue nbsp I requested that HP's Help Desk install drivers to resolve the issue nbsp If this didn't work after our session this evening then I'm afraid it may be a hardware issue nbsp nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Wifi drops constantly on brand new HP Envy Notebook.

Hello, Thank you for taking time to respond.  It appears that the box was already unchecked.  Good idea though as others may have this checked and can hopefully look into this solution.  I asked tech support in India to download drivers that could rectify the issue.  It appears to have worked. Thank you again.Madison.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-drops-constantly-on-brand-new-HP-Envy-Notebook/td-p/5188991
Relevancy 53.32%

So, this is my second Spectre x360 15 in model and it has the same issue. When im not mobile, and working from home, I close the laptop and plug it into my docking station and HDMI adapter to work with a full keyboard and dual screens. But, everything I do this, the wifi drops instantly.  The first spectre x360 I had did this too, so I know its not a defect. Is nobody else having this issue?  It will work just fine if I even "crack" the screen open a little (literally half inch) and the wifi goes to full bars, but as soon as I close the lid completely, it drops to the point that pages wont load.  I believe this is a design flaw, but I've google and searched with nobody else complaining?  Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Spectre-x360-15-Wifi-Drops-to-when-display-is-closed/td-p/5634438
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi guys I got this problem it only comes computer 10 Windows can't laptop restart occasionally drops wifi, up occasionally like once every couple of weeks but I can't seem to figure it out I have a Toshiba laptop and I connect to the internet using wifi Sometimes the wifi would Windows 10 laptop occasionally drops wifi, computer can't restart stop working It shows that I'm still connected to my wifi but with an exclamation mark that says limited or no internet I disconnect and then try again but now my computer doesn't detect any wifi network I usually can see a bunch of wifi networks but when it happens I cannot detect any I have a couple external hard drives connected to my laptop too When this wifi problem occurs I also couldn't access the external hard drives I disconnect them but they still show up in My Computer and I can click on them even though they're empty inside My last problem is that when this wifi problem happens I can't restart the computer It just hangs so I either have to hold the power button down to restart or to wait for five or so minutes before windows tells me it's having trouble and then it restarts My network drivers have all been updated I do have a VPN service minimized but it's off almost always and it was never running when this wifi problem occurs I also have Norton Antivirus on I don't know what could be causing it because I'm not just getting the wifi problem only and this problem has occurred about five times since upgrading to Windows this past winter So it's not too often but I don't know what could be causing it Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/40009-windows-10-laptop-occasionally-drops-wifi-computer-cant-restart.html
Relevancy 52.89%

OS Windows Hardware Sony VAIO Powered by AC History The computer is about years old and the symptoms Wifi at Adapter Network times (Windows random drops 7) out described below started either abruptly or gradually some - months ago Symptoms The network access icon in the right of my task bar will show - bars of signal strength I'll leave the computer for several hours and Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7) when I come back it shows bars with a red x over it I click it Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7) select troubleshoot and the Windows Network Diagnostics window pops up and says quot Problems found quot A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken quot - Detected quot Problem with wireless adapter or access point quot - Fixed upon which the icon goes back to or bars and I resume my network connectivity This takes all of one minute or less However if I need to do a lengthy download this unexpected action will stop the download in the middle of the night TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS I tried a side-by-side comparison with another laptop and the Sony VAIO lost the network connection in the manner described above while the other computer didn't I went to Manage Wireless Networks removed all networks including my home network and then rebuilt the wireless networks by re-entering my home network I was then able to access my network However the wireless network adapter still shut off in the middle of the night I went to Power Settings Change advanced power settings Advanced settings Wireless Adapter Settings Power Saving Mode and observed that quot Plugged in quot states quot Maximum Performance quot Thanks for your help

A:Wifi Network Adapter drops out at random times (Windows 7)

This might help - the following commands restore Windows IP and Winsock to known good values

Open an Elevated Command Prompt

Tip
Standard keyboard shortcuts for Copy (Ctrl-C) and Paste (Ctrl-V) shortcuts do not work in Command Prompt.

Enabling the Quick Edit Mode in Command Prompt makes Copy and Paste operations easier.
See step 4 in Command Prompt - Copy to Clipboard to enable it.

Copy in Command Prompt: hightlight the text you want to copy, then press ENTER.
Paste in Command Prompt: right click with your mouse.

In the elevated command Prompt window type the following commands
Alternatively, you can copy the commands, one line at a time and paste it in the Command Prompt Window

ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /flushdns
netsh winsock reset all
netsh int ipv4 reset all
netsh int ipv6 reset all

exit

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317950-wifi-network-adapter-drops-out-random-times-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hey all Hope I can get some help with a problem that has been bugging me since I WiFi can't out hangs computer drops on and reconnect, shutdown/restart installed W This problem appears to be random and happens a couple of time a month It is really annoying What happens is the WiFi appears to stop working It can't find any available networks and won't reconnect no matter what I do I have even tried closing restarting explorer but that does nothing If I try to shut-down or restart my computer it just hangs on the shut-down restart screen I have to hold down the power button to get my computer to shut-down The weird thing is after a restart it works fine for a few weeks WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart It just seems very strange I use a WiFi dongle I have a couple of them so I tried each one - they all eventually give me the same result I have a HP if that helps I notice that my father in law's rig also does this occasionally He also has a HP albeit a different model

A:WiFi drops out and can't reconnect, computer hangs on shutdown/restart

I'm having the same issues. I don't use a wifi dongle though. My computer is toshiba satellite P75. The problem has happened a couple of times since upgrading to Windows 10 a month ago.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/36515-wifi-drops-out-cant-reconnect-computer-hangs-shutdown-restart.html
Relevancy 52.89%

my internet was fine until i upgraded to windows8 btw im using the latest build i bought from micrsoft store and put on disc myself. with my own key and everything.

latest bios on asus m4a89td pro usb3 motherboard.
six core amd FX-6200 at 4.4ghz overclocked.

latest drivers from netgear. and latest drivers and firmare on my linksys e3200 router. internet is comcast.

i can basically be surfing the net. downloading utorrent. playind diablo and it shows the little yellow triagle on my connection in the corner.

go to event viewer and the most common is the DNS CLIENT EVENTS WITH CODE 1014.

it never did this with windows 7. someone help. i cant do this.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/12047-wifi-drops-internet-wnda3100v2-dns-client-events-1004-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello everyone Our college Drops Random Wifi During Summers on College Dorms Internet dorm is like a story building with two corridors on each level having a wifi router after every meters that serves probably rooms each room having Random Internet Drops on College Dorms Wifi During Summers people The internet is provided to us by our ict dept which for some reason no one knows where it is So the problem is that during summertime especially this issue comes up guys sitting in the same room s getting a perfectly smooth internet and the others internet drops after every few seconds for about seconds At times a guy sitting in my room will be getting disconnections but i wont Other people on the floor are facing this issue too I have confirmed that the channels being used by the wifi modems routers sorry i dont know the difference is either or on all of them The wifi signal remains the same during this quot disconnection quot period I still see bars but i cant surf or if im downloading it goes down to kbps for about seconds or more then comes back for a little while before disconnecting again I cant understand the issue What just happened now is that on a pc my friend was using a usb tp link tl-wn n to access wifi and he was facing disconnections All he did was come to my room get my roomates tp link same model and its working perfectly for him now Please for the love of goodness help me

A:Random Internet Drops on College Dorms Wifi During Summers

Yes that is very common in Dorms. It all depends on how they have the WIFI A/P's are set up.

The IT group could also be using the Summer break to upgrade equipment, replace bad Ethernet cables, switches, etc.

You need to go talk to the IT dept. for the school and see what is going on.

My son had to use a Netgear Ac USB external adapter with a USB jumper to get a proper signal in certain areas on his campus.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/65739-random-internet-drops-college-dorms-wifi-during-summers.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My computer is a Toshiba Sattelite o/s win 7. My wi fi signal is excellent, yet my signal keeps dropping or saying limited access. I have tried resetting the router and resetting my default windows settings on the computer. All other lap tops and wireless devices in the house do not have an issue. I discovered the other day as long as the laptop ( not the router) is plugged in and not running on batter power that i do not have a problem staying connected. For fun i wondered if it had something to do with the power cord making some kind of connection when plugged into the lap top, (since everything is more compact in them) I tried having the power cord plugged into the lap top but not into a power source but I still lost signal. Any suggestions?

A:Wifi connection constantly drops when lap top is operating on battery power

Sounds like you may have some power saving option for the wireless adapter when on battery. If so, try a higher (e.g., maximum performance) setting.

My attachment shows that for the plan I'm using I have 'medium power saving' for the wireless when on battery. If I were having your problem I would change that setting to 'Maximum Performance' and test.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-constantly-drops-when-lap-top-is-operating-on-battery-power.1057130/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello,

I have a problem with my device Toshiba Satellite P50-C-18C: the WIFI connection drops unexpectedly and randomly. When this happens, restarting the laptop is not helping, the only way to solve it is to power off and restart the router.

The laptop has Intel Dual Band Wireless - AC 3165 as the WIFI card. I had updated the driver constantly, but the problem still remains.

Any ideeas?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?94894-Toshiba-Satellite-P50-C-18C-WIFI-connection-drops-router-restart-required
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi My computer has recently randomly- Ralink card wifi connection Notebook network drops started to drop the WiFi connection reconnect after a while and at times not even detect my WiFi connection for a while Then repeats the process for no apparent reason I'm not sure when exactly thus problem Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card started as I Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card had been using Ethernet cable up until last week I am certain that this is not related to my router as - other devices in my house can access the internet perfectly fine I have tried doing a power cycle of the router restarting the notebook re-installing updating drivers and cmd ipocnfig refresh and other commands along those lines My notebook model is the hp pavilion tx- windows bit intel I gb ram and uses a ralink RT network card Ps the problem appears to be alright if I use older versions of the driver have tried and the default one which came with the notebook which is older than it however I would prefer not to have to use the older versions as task manager says that its link speed is only mbps whereas versions would show mbps Thankyou in advance

A:Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card

It sounds to me like a signal problem. A competing signal drowning out your wireless signal can cause these kinds of random losses.

To test for this try this program:
inSSIDer for Home – Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek
It will tell you if you have a stronger signal in your area that is interfering with the channel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289010-notebook-drops-wifi-connection-randomly-ralink-network-card.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So I've had this problem for literally years now When I am using WiFi of Wired is day, a stable connection times dozens drops perfectly an ethernet cable to hook up to my router my PC's connection drops dozens of times a day It's a real pain especially when I'm Wired connection drops dozens of times a day, WiFi is perfectly stable trying to stream something to a TV In the past I have circumvented this issue by using WiFi which is perfectly stable for whatever reason Problem is that WiFi in my new place is awful I literally get connection speeds of Mbps from my WiFi card up here in my room So now I'm redoubling my efforts to find out why my ethernet is so unreliable because I need the increase in network connection speed it's only mbps because I use an ethernet powerline adapter - but still I have tried purchasing an ethernet card because I thought the mobo port might have been broken - but the new card exhibits the same behavior I have tried messing with the settings going from auto to mbps full duplex etc to no avail I've tried swapping out my ethernet adapter and my ethernet cable for new ones - same behavior I even moved into a new house got a new modem and a new ISP - same exact behavior The adapters work on every other device in the house Only my PC has this consistent issue and it only happens when I'm wired So before I go and buy some expensive range booster or whatever I was hoping that someone here might be able to suggest a few solutions or help me troubleshoot Thanks My system Windows Ultimate SP -bit reinstalled from OEM after last PC died during power surge years ago - rebuilt this one with mostly new components GIGABYTE GA-MA T-UD P Motherboard Antec Earthwatts PSU AMD Phenom X CPU Nvidia GPU gb of RAM two sticks Samsung EVO SSD gb OS drive Hitachi TB HDD applications games etc TP-Link Ethernet Adapter TL-PA Netis AD Gigabit Ethernet PCI-E Adapter Edit Seems I posted this in Windows rather than networking Apologies If someone could move it that'd be great Otherwise I'll delete it and repost

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630884/wired-connection-drops-dozens-of-times-a-day-wifi-is-perfectly-stable/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone I've been fighting with my ISP for months over this but it just might turn out that they may be telling the truth for once Basically I have an unlimited mobile G plan with three SIMs after save. WiFi 4G power to connection form 512Kbps waking drops each of which is in a G Android phone the hotspots of which I use alternately as and when needed In our household are two desktops and three laptops all running Windows Pro and one laptop running Lubuntu In about November I started noticing that my connectivity speeds would drop from multiple gigabits per second to an average maximum of about kbps after a certain amount of data usually two gigabytes downloaded and uploaded has been consumed within the respective hours speed would go back up to G levels the moment the clock hits AM every night The throttling affects all machines and all SIMs I took on my ISP with this and every agent I ever talked to said that they don't have a fair usage policy in place for subscribers of unlimited plan - in fact that one of their marketing points they even say so on their website They firmly denied the implementation of a fair usage policy even after I showed them screenshots of the moment the connection speed dropped I even tried running YouTube continuously on my phones for a stretch of 4G WiFi connection drops to 512Kbps after waking form power save. time to see what happens with YouTube's autoplay feature turned on and indeed I noticed that after a while of running videos at p I could barely run any videos at a resolution higher 4G WiFi connection drops to 512Kbps after waking form power save. than p Then today as I was syncing my wife's OneDrive folder on her new account on one of the desktops I noticed that the speed actually dropped only after I moved the mouse pressed a key on the keyboard to wake the machine up from power-save mode i e turn on the screen So I started having doubts as to where the problem actually lies - is it a 4G WiFi connection drops to 512Kbps after waking form power save. setting on any or all of my PCs that I had overlooked somehow Any thoughts Any help is greatly appreciated Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/62245-4g-wifi-connection-drops-512kbps-after-waking-form-power-save.html