Windows Support Forum

my laptop is connected to network but doesn't load any webpa...

Q: my laptop is connected to network but doesn't load any webpa...

I ve hp elitebook 8440p. It is connected to a network but it doesn't browse and says"the remote device or resource won't accept the connection". I checked my Internet connection and it works properly on other devices.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/my-laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-doesn-t-load-any/td-p/5790479
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: my laptop is connected to network but doesn't load any webpa...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 78.26%

Greetings amp a happy new year My issue as per thread heading The strange thing is when I'm on other networks i e at the in-laws house etc youtube loads and plays just fine so I'm assuming it's not my laptop software network on connected when won't home my laptop Youtube site load to browser etc To my untrained eye Youtube site won't load on laptop when connected to my home network brain not a tech geek it seems as there is a problem between my home network and my lappy laptop connected via wifi or ethernet cable As stated if I'm at the in-laws it youtube works just fine Also my desktop on my home network can access youtube w o any problems I'm really flumixed as to why this is happening Other sites that play cough cough movies work just fine it's just youtube for some reason amp only on my lappy when connected to my home network According to my AV Kapersky the lappy is free from virus Please advise PS - It hasn't always been this way but I've put up with it for so long - I can't actually remember when it first started happening

A:Youtube site won't load on laptop when connected to my home network

Hi there,

You may try changing the DNS settings from your LAN or/and WLAN settings and use the Google DNS'es.
https://developers.google.com/speed/...dns/docs/using

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/318905-youtube-site-wont-load-laptop-when-connected-my-home-network.html
Relevancy 69.66%

hello all,
please please please i desperately need your help, i have had to restore the factory setting of my dell laptop and although i can connect to the wireless connection in my house but i can't open any web pages

A:Solved: restored laptop to factory setting, can connect to the wireless but not webpa

can you connect to the router with a cable- does it work

did you also install the drivers following the restore ?

whats the service tag number of the laptop - should be on a label

what windows version are you running

lets see an ipconfig /all

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

If you do not have another PC - do you have a phone connected to the internet - can you photograph the result and post the image in a reply
Note: you will see entries named Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: we dont need to see that information - JUST the infomation above those entries

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

For Windows 8
to open a Cmd Prompt or an Administrator Cmd prompt from the Desktop. Use Win + X and choose Command Prompt or Command Prompt (Admin) from the list.

This should work for all windows version, XP, Vista, W7
Hold the Windows key and press R

then type CMD

then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-restored-laptop-to-factory-setting-can-connect-to-the-wireless-but-not-webpa.1089992/
Relevancy 68.8%

Maybe someone here can help me because I m stumped at this My laptop is recieving an wired internet connection but none of my programs seem to be Internet browser Solved: doesn't load connected, but is connecting to the signal Solved: Internet is connected, but browser doesn't load For example Internet Explorer isn t loading pages just blank things aren t updating and my quot Weather Solved: Internet is connected, but browser doesn't load App quot says quot Service not available quot When I open Safari it can t open the page and says quot The error is There was a problem communicating with the web proxy server HTTP CFURLErrorDomain quot The problem isn t in the router because the desktop I m using to post this is working fine The problem isn t in the ethernet cable because I tried using it to connect the desktop and it still worked fine Network and Sharing Center confirms that This Computer is connected to the Network connected to the Internet When I quot Diagnose and repair quot the message comes up quot Widnows did not find any problems with your internet connection quot I ve tried disabling the connection restarting and enabling again to no effect I haven t tried restarting in Safe Mode yet because I m not sure how The problem is on my Dell laptop with Windows Vista We get internet from Comcast connected to my computer through a Scientific Atlanta modem and one each Cisco and Linksys routers Again though my mystery is that the computer says it s recieving a connection but it s somehow not being used by any programs nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have lots of network choices for my laptop. I used my neighbor's network for the meantime. The signal is good but not as perfect as the old one I'm using here. Everytime I turned my pc on it connects me straight to my old wireless connection. The PRIVATE-PC on the network setting said connecte to it. But the globe grafix(internet) is not connected. But with other network I can get through. But not this one.I'm using vista home premium. Pls help.

A:Laptop is connected to network but can not get connected to the internet

please do not duplicate posts
continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/networking/879485-laptop-connected-network-but-can.html
where you have a reply
closing this one

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-can-not-get-connected-to-the-internet.879487/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have lots of network choices for my laptop. I used my neighbor's network for the meantime. The signal is good but not as perfect as the old one I'm using here. Everytime I turned my pc on it connects me straight to my old wireless connection. The PRIVATE-PC on the network setting said connecte to it. But the globe grafix(internet) is not connected. But with other network I can get through. But not this one. Pls help.

A:Laptop is connected to network but can not get connected to the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-connected-to-network-but-can-not-get-connected-to-the-internet.879485/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi all I am running Windows x I cannot access web pages through my browsers Chrome Firefox IE My network connections appears fine in the toolbar I can ping sites effectively through CMD and I am able to run fully functional in Ubuntu I thought the issue would be with the drivers so I restored a to a version from before I had this problem The only site that seems to work is gmail where I not but pages will load Network connected can load and refresh Network connected but pages will not load my email I'm not sure if this is a different protocol that allows this to work All other web pages show the downloading loading image but then quit due to problems loading I tried running the network adapter troubleshooter but it returns that everything is functioning properly One last thing when I reboot into Windows I get an pop up message from Java about a Security certificate that I can choose to ignore or connect to when I choose connect I still have problems Any ideas on what went wrong Thanks for the help

A:Network connected but pages will not load

Quote: Originally Posted by rcmoore38

Hi all,

I am running Windows 7 x64. I cannot access web pages through my browsers (Chrome, Firefox, IE). My network connections appears fine in the toolbar, I can ping sites effectively through CMD, and I am able to run fully functional in Ubuntu. I thought the issue would be with the drivers, so I restored a to a version from before I had this problem. The only site that seems to work is gmail, where I can load and refresh my email, I'm not sure if this is a different protocol that allows this to work. All other web pages show the downloading loading image, but then quit due to problems loading. I tried running the network adapter troubleshooter, but it returns that everything is functioning properly. One last thing, when I reboot into Windows 7 I get an pop up message from Java about a Security certificate that I can choose to ignore or connect to, when I choose connect I still have problems. Any ideas on what went wrong? Thanks for the help!

With browsers not able to go anywhere the problem usually relates to the network stack requiring a reset with winsock or TCP/ip becoming corrupted. The Java pop up could relate to a malware so running anti virus software scan's may be helpful.

To fix this type of problem just unzip and click on the file below, it will reset the network stack and reboot your machine automatically. Let me know if it helps or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/318165-network-connected-but-pages-will-not-load.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello guys I apologize in advance for my English but it s my second language and I m not quite sure about all the terms and phrases in this case I m having trouble with the internet I know that sounds to any connected Can't network though I'm the website even load dumb but I can t think of a better way Can't load any website even though I'm connected to the network to put it My computer is connected via Wi-Fi everything s fine I m connected to the router and the internet but when I launch a browser tried Can't load any website even though I'm connected to the network Firefox Chrome and IE with lot of self-denial the page starts loading but it lasts for about seconds and then everything stops and won t work again until I restart the computer After that everything repeats and I ve already restarted the PC for about times at least I ve tried everything I can think of so far LAN connection does the same thing Checkdisk scandisk found no problem Repair from the original win CD did nothing CMD line tried resetting IP DNS clearing caches ipconfig renew and others I found those on some forums Searched the whole computer times AVG and once even from the safe mode through cmd Changing DNS to google or other DNS servers checked IP match etc No strange processes or apps running in the background and nothing unknown starts during the startup I ve encountered this problem about a week or two ago but it took about or restarts and it was ok Until yesterday I ve only hibernated the computer because of some apps after couple of days I finally shut it down and the day after this problem popped up and I can t get rid of it I opened the PC case and there is nothing wrong with neither the motherboard nor the wireless card adapter When I start the PC using safe mode the internet is fine and other computers in the network work with no difficulties The internet connection does not drop or fail or anything or at least it doesn t show anything like that In the past weeks I only installed things apart from Win updates LoL Pando Media Booster I ve tried disabling it and it was good for nothing update for atube catcher and a driver for wireless card adapter which is not even needed for the card to connect but I wanted to try it just in case Everything in the computer seems fine the connection signals that nothing s wrong and the same thing applies for the wireless card settings etc I m using Win using home network everything was fine for about or years I ve tried consulting with university students in this field but nobody could solve it and there is nothing like let s say Nerd herd where I could call and get an advice in my country I d be really grateful for any advice and I hope the thread makes sense Thank you Best regards Viktor nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Problem has been fixed.

Thanks,

Jaycee

Relevancy 64.5%

I am using an Acer Aspire desktop wirelessly connected to my router I have had it about two years now A few months ago Comcast installed a new router in our house Since then my computer has kept a perfect connection However any browsers I have tried to use acts as though there isn't a connection It just constantly loads the page until it finally tells me it can't My computer is the only but pages to load. browser never Connected Network, device that can't connect to this network so I don't believe it Connected to Network, but browser pages never load. is necessarily a problem with the router I have noticed this being a fairly common problem and more often than not it seems to be a pretty easy fix given that you know what to do I am absolutely stumped as to what the problem could be for me Here are all the things I have tried thus far I am unfamiliar with a lot of computer terminology so forgive me if I say things incorrectly Reinstalled wireless adapter drivers - worked for a few seconds then stopped Completely disabled firewall and antivirus Ran the Norton Removal Tool multiple times Manually reset the winsock catalog in an elevated command prompt netsh winsock reset catalog - Worked for a little while then stopped Along with the winsock reset I did netsh int ip reset resetlog txt I put in a command to flush the DNS This 'Bonjour' program I keep hearing about looking out for isn't on here I went in to Internet Options to uncheck the box that allows me to use proxies - It never was checked Got updated drivers for my adapter - didn't help I ping google - it is coming back with lost I ping and it comes back with loss I went under Internet Protocol and entered in the prefered DNS server as and the alternate DNS server as I saw this in a video which Connected to Network, but browser pages never load. seemed to help the guy talking but not me After dealing with this over the course of several months I got fed up I decided to completely format my computer to its default factory state I then installed my adapter drivers and after all of that - still didn't help at all I am becoming very desperate for help on this At this point i am thinking it is something that just so happened to go wrong with my adapter after getting a new router That or there is something IS wrong with the router I don't know where to begin examining these for a problem Connected to Network, but browser pages never load. I would try a different internet adapter but i don't want to waste money on something that may or may not help me My college classes start back up next month so I really need to get this fixed quickly Any help at all will be appreciated Thanks

A:Connected to Network, but browser pages never load.

and welcome to the Forum

Lets take a peek at your network environment:

First:

Power Cycle everything . . Turn off the Modem, router and all pc's . . turn on the Modem and wait a few minutes for the lights to stabilize . . then turn on the router, then one pc at a time. See if you connect to the internet.

Then:

Remove all the stored wireless network profiles and search for the network again.

How to Remove Stored Wireless Network Profiles for XP, Vista, and Windows 7

Then: check your browser's settings, remove any proxy settings if found here's how.

Then:

with the pc connected to the router, Click on Start . . Run . . type CMD

At the > prompt type or copy and paste the following command:

ipconfig/all > 0 & notepad 0

and press enter.

Come back here and Paste the results in a message.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB drive, or a CD-R disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/connected-to-network-but-browser-pages-never-load-868066.html
Relevancy 64.5%

I recently aquired a new computer and am trying to connect it to my wireless connection. i have another computer that already connects to this connection without any issues, but this one is giving me trouble. its connects but does not load pages. when i try to connect wired through the router, it connects fine. here is info that may be helpful:

I am in the US.
the computer is a dell lattitude d520
My ISP is time warner/road runner 7M downstream by 1M upstream
the modem is terayon tj715x
the router is netgear wgr614
WEP incryption

OS is windows XP proffessional version 2002 service pack 2
i am using both IE and firefox (version 1.5.0.4)

any help would make me a very happy bunny :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wireless-network-connected-pages-do-not-load-257376.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hey all, I'm new here, but was hoping someone could help me out a bit.

I'm in college and too broke to afford my own computer, a friend was nice enough to bring over her old laptop for me to use for assignments and such. This thing is definitely old and sluggish, but I was able to connect to the secured wireless network I've set up in my dorm. However, any time I open a browser (if the application actually starts up, that is), it is apparently unable to load even Google. I've tried Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer (perish the thought), all to no avail.

Any suggestions? I'd really appreciate any help, I'm used to Mac OS X with just a little experience with Win7...I'm out of my element here, haha.

Thanks in advance.

A:Connected to wireless network, but browsers won't load

Hi jdholland93,

Let?s try to do few troubleshooting steps on the computer to check if the issue gets fixed.
1. Go to safe mode with networking and check if you are able to connect to internet. Please use the following link for detailed instructions to go safe mode with networking: Safe Mode
2. If you are able to connect to internet in safe mode with networking, then try clean boot. Please use the following link for detailed instructions to perform clean boot: How to perform a clean boot to troubleshoot a problem in Windows Vista or Windows 7

Please post back with the results.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/298404-connected-wireless-network-but-browsers-wont-load.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I am having a problem with my computer and the internet. I can connect fine and pull up pages but after a while the pages will stop loading. Sometimes it is within a few minutes of using the internet or sometimes it will go a few hours. When I check my connection it shows that I am connected. This is driving me crazy. I have tried troubleshooting, updating IE, trying firefox. Nothing works.

I have a HP G72 Notebook PC
Windows 7
IE 9
Thank you very much for your help.

Relevancy 63.64%

Hi there iv been searching and searching for an answer to this query but have had no luck so far Basically my partners laptop had been working fine running vista then the other day pages can't load connected but Laptop web i went to go on it clicked on the internet IE and it came up something like 'Page cannot be displayed diagnose connection etc' so i clicked diagnose connection it ran Laptop connected but can't load web pages through the process and returned that there was Laptop connected but can't load web pages nothing wrong with the connection what was also strange was windows live messenger was connected so i knew i must have connection Sometimes also when i try navigating to a website instead of Laptop connected but can't load web pages the page cannot be displayed error i get page is unavailable I do notice in the bottom left connor when trying to load pages there is a flash of an error stating something about the DNS which leaves me to beleive it may be something to do with that Since then iv been trying various different sugestions iv flushed the dns using command prompt iv deleted temporary internet files iv run winsock fix iv tried using safari all to no avail Now some inforamtion i think might be handy for you to help me i had recent uninstalled norton anti virus subscription had run out and put on one called Sophos now i did think maybe this might be causing the problem so i have uninstalled it tried the internet and still doesnt work but thought maybe you should know I beleive thats everything i hope someone will be able to help me because i dont really want to do a whipe and reinstall but if thats the case then fair enough Sorry alot of text just trying to explain it all Thanks Lloyd

A:Laptop connected but can't load web pages

Hi when you removed norton did you run their removal tool,have you tried resetting ie 8 to see if that helps
http://service1.symantec.com/Support...05033108162039
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-connected-but-cant-load-web-pages-426519.html
Relevancy 63.21%

My PC is unable to connect to any web pages. But according to the wifi indicator, I am connected to my home network. All my other devices are connected to the internet, so I know my network is working fine. I'm running Windows 7 and using a Netgear wireless USB adapter. Any ideas? Not sure where to start.

A:Solved: Connected to home network and internet but can't load web pages

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-connected-to-home-network-and-internet-but-cant-load-web-pages.1150926/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have 3 computers in my home that are used. The main one is connected directly to my cable internet box. We use netgear for the other two computers via a usb adapter on each one. The third computer hasnt been used since the last usb adapter broke and we bought a new one and tried to use it. The wireless network shows that its connected and signal strength is excellent but when i try internet explorer says it cannot load page. I've made sure everything was turned on and looked up everything i could online and still not working.

A:Solved: Wireless network connected but internet explorer will not load

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wireless-network-connected-but-internet-explorer-will-not-load.827669/
Relevancy 63.21%

This is very weird I have absolutely no idea what to do Any ideas are very welcome When the computer is connected to the office network many applications load very slowly It takes - seconds for the applications to become visible or responsive When I unplug the network cable the same applications load normally lt seconds Some of these applications do not (probably OpenGL load connected slowly related?!) applications to When network, even connect to the internet What s more it seems that only applications that use OpenGL behave this way I came to this conclusion when I noticed that Mathcad works perfectly if you don t use D plots when you insert a D plot the entire When connected to network, applications load slowly (probably OpenGL related?!) application hangs for seconds or so This made me go check all installed When connected to network, applications load slowly (probably OpenGL related?!) programs and it seems that only the ones which use OpenGL experience this strange behavior I have updated the graphic card and monitor drivers installed all Windows updates I even tried some OpenGL diagnostic tools nothing fixed this not even detected a problem Specs Hardware Dell Precision Intel Xeon processors GB of RAM NVIDIA Quadro XGL OS Windows XP Pro SP nbsp

A:When connected to network, applications load slowly (probably OpenGL related?!)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-connected-to-network-applications-load-slowly-probably-opengl-related.708012/
Relevancy 61.92%

Ok, I am having trouble with the internet on my HP laptop.. I am positive it is connected to the internet, yet pages won't load.. when I troubleshoot it says no problems detected. Ideas?

Things I've tried (none worked)
-Used IE, Chrome, and Firefox
-Reset internet options
-Made sure i wasnt working offline
-Went into LAN settings and made sure it auto detected proxy servers
-Did Winsock fix in command prompt
-Used different accounts on the laptop

Help? Ideas? Appreciate it

Relevancy 61.92%

Hey Tech Says sisters Solved: the to Laptop doesn Wireless My Internet, it's - connected still Support Guys I m currently shrouded in the mystery of my Sisters Wireless Laptop Internet and wondered if anyone here had any ideas Just lately her Laptop hasn t been able to connect to our home Internet a belkin g g GHz Wireless Router and I ve tried everything I can do We have security on our router and at first Solved: My sisters Laptop - Says it's connected to the Wireless Internet, still doesn I thought all the problem was Solved: My sisters Laptop - Says it's connected to the Wireless Internet, still doesn that I needed to input the -bit WEP key to get it working again Seems that wasn t the case as when I did the Laptop comes up saying it has Connected with excellent signal however the Internet doesn t load in either Firefox or Internet Explorer Okay I thought and to much dismay disabled the security on our router and tried again Same thing happened so obviously now I ve figured it isn t the routers problem I enabled the security again and currently am lost with what to do I really want to get this working for her My Laptop PC and even both the Nintendo Wii and Xbox connect to the router fine wirelessly Her Laptop runs with XP Home Edition and Service Pack and it s an IPC Multimedia Laptop The Wireless card is an Intel Pro Wireless BG Network Connection and it tries to connect to the Internet using Intel ProSet Wireless software I ve tried connecting using the standard Windows Wireless Connection Utility but am given the same results The Laptop has connected to the Internet before the same router and everything but suddenly these problems have started to occur I ve connected lots of things up to Wireless Networks in my time but this has me stumped If anyone could lend a hand it d be so much appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Solved: My sisters Laptop - Says it's connected to the Wireless Internet, still doesn

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-sisters-laptop-says-its-connected-to-the-wireless-internet-still-doesn.745238/
Relevancy 61.49%

My Toshiba L755 Satellite has been unable to load web pages despite showing that it is connected to my wifi network. The problem usually starts when I'm watching videos on YouTube. As soon as I try to raise the quality of the video, the laptop will refuse to load the video and will not load any other websites. The only way I have been able to fix this is to reboot the laptop. However, the problem persists when try to watch videos again

A:Toshiba laptop is connected to the internet but it fails to load webpages

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-is-connected-to-the-internet-but-it-fails-to-load-webpages.1131950/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello,

I have a problem on my iMac 2011 (20go ram) under windows7.

Whan I start my computer all is fine. The network is fluid, I can go on the internet, on my server...
After loading two 3dsmax sessions, one photoshop sessions and transfert some large files (near 1go) -> my network goes wrong.
The browse/save/open/transfert operation on any application takes a loooooooong time to start (maybe 20-30s).

Could someone guide me through an analyse process to find and resolve this problem ?

Regards,

A:Network doesn't work fine after a load.

It is a problem with the Mac hardware. This is common for Mac computers. Go to the Apple Support forums and take a look at all the networking problems. Look in the Boot Camp forum for a solution, if there is one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/262996-network-doesnt-work-fine-after-load.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My network adapter doesn't load on first start up but if I restart after initial start up then it will work perfectly fine on Network load first doesn't adapter startup This problem started happening not too long ago after a week long spree of bad stormy weather that caused my house to lose and return power in quick succession This caused my computer Network adapter doesn't load on first startup to shut off and Network adapter doesn't load on first startup boot up and shut off and boot up about or times before I could hit the power switch on my surge protector It happened again the next day and I had to stop using my computer for the rest of the week to prevent further damage As a result my hibernation system file has been corrupted I have since then turned off hibernation on my computer including deallocating the hiberation storage file on my C drive So now my computer cannot hibernate which isn't really an issue but I only mention it because I think the two problems may be related On first boot I get two indicators in my device manager that I have posted a screenshot for On restart after initial boot I have no indicators and the second indicator labelled quot Intel R Management Engine Interface quot does not even show up under the system devices list in my device manager Don't know if that has something to do with it So in summery my network adapter does not start on initial boot but does after a restart How do I fix this Note My mobo has built in POST and I also have a POST card that might work with this mobo If you need me to use this for additional information I can on request

A:Network adapter doesn't load on first startup

Is this a name brand PC, Dell, HP, ETC, or is it one you built yourself?

the card / Mobo might have gotten damaged by the power problems but, have you tried, removing the device(s) in device manager and rebooting to see if it adds them back in correctly.

Have you checked the manufacturers website to see if there are updated drivers?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/network-adapter-doesnt-load-on-first-startup-694728.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hey everyone This is the first time I've posted about any kind of computer issue so please respond if you need any kind of information that I don't give but anyway Every time I go into the control panel and try to open up Network Connections it simply freezes Nothing loads it just sits there with the little hourglass until I ctrl alt delete out of it I am running Windows XP SP I believe Any help would be greatly appreciated let -> Network Control Panel doesn't Connections... load? me know if you need me to find out any more information about my computer as well Also I don't know if this Control Panel -> Network Connections... doesn't load? is relevant or will help in any way but I usually have a problem with svchost exe when I open up process explorer it is generally using upwards of of my CPU so I double click on that process and kill each of the ones that are using high amounts of my CPU usually around or that I end up killing Don't know if this can be tied in at all but just thought it could possibly help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/control-panel-network-connections-doesnt-load-303239.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello So I m trying to fix my mothers computer here but I can t figure out the problem It s a quite old laptop about years old It s running Windows bit got GB of ram and a AMD Sempron tm SI- GHz processor I ve read around the internet and the closest I came describing my programs doesn't load Laptop any problem was this thread The windows menu works fine though I can t access any programs nor click on any of the URL s in there not even the quot shutdown quot button Launching programs from the taskbar shortcuts just give Laptop doesn't load any programs a little white outline like it is loading Laptop doesn't load any programs before it disappear seconds later The UAC doesn t work neither I tried what lunarlander suggested booting the safe mode though this won t load either It stopped on quot ATIPCIe sys quot and I m not certain if all the files were loaded or if it just got stuck there It won t load though which is the important part I haven t tried reinstalling it after this however it has been reinstalled twice by my mother due to having the same problem times before Does anyone know if I can fix this or should I just let her go ahead and buy a new PC She wants a new but if she can save the money she don t want too If you need any more information I will try to give that if I can but remember I can t access all the areas on the PC Also if no action is taken the computer freezes with a black screen when it goes too screensaver and nothing can be done except using the power button Thanks in advance Jonas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-load-any-programs.1115497/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi everyone This is my first post here and I m glad to have found this forum with so many helpful people I am typing this from my iPhone since I m having troubles with my laptop so sorry in advance for bad typing So recently my gpu failed load even doesn't bios anymore Laptop GTX M and I ordered a replacement After I replaced the faulty card the laptop was running beautifully for days Today while playing call of duty the game crashed with A directx error Thinking it was just a random thing I restarted the laptop And it wouldn t boot up anymore Not even the Dell splash screen appears anymore Shocked I disassmbled the whole laptop and put it back together After this the Dell splash screen appeared again only once though Now I m Laptop doesn't even load bios anymore back at a black screen with nothing loading at all I am super frustrated right now and have no idea what itmight be Hope someone can help max nbsp

A:Laptop doesn't even load bios anymore

Does the laptop have integrated graphics?

If so remove the graphics card and see if you get the splash screen.

Odds are it has something to do with the new card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-even-load-bios-anymore.895084/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi allMy laptop turns on and the hp logo comes on but then windows doesn't boot up. I've done a hard reset with no luck and I ran the F2 menu Diagnostic, it came back showing a fail on the hard drive short DST check. Failure is number is Q4Q1X3-7T8880-XD7WLK-6OUC03Thanks!!

A:Laptop boots up but windows doesn't load

Hi @Lauren80, welcome to the HP Forums!  I see you have determined the hard drive is no longer functional. As this is not something I can help you to simply fix, I can suggest you replace the hard drive to resolve the issue.  I'd recommend calling in to speak with a phone agent as they can look up your product and may be able to help you to setup an replacement.  What you can do, is use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detectStep 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"Step 4. Scroll down and click on: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.I hope this helps. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Laptop-boots-up-but-windows-doesn-t-load/td-p/5759976
Relevancy 59.77%

After I enter my password for Windows the screen goes black I've tried everything I load doesn't on the Laptop HP Stream Windows could find on the forums to resolve this problem with no success Here are some of the things I did nbsp Turned the power button off holding it down for seconds Immediately after powering it up I pressed the F button repeatedly I got a Recovery message Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop on a light blue screen It said the Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop following between the stars lines nbsp nbsp Your PC needs to be Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop repaired nbsp A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed nbsp Eror code xc nbsp You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media like a DIsc or USB device nbsp If you don't have these contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer nbsp nbsp Press ENTER to try againPress F for Startup SettingsPress Esc for UEFI Firmware settings nbsp nbsp I am my own system administrator I did everything with no success I contacted HP The total cost for a year of unlimited support was paid with an initial fee of and a monthly fee of Early cancellation was A one time support fee was nbsp None of these appealed to me as the laptop cost me new It would be cheaper to throw this away and get a new one nbsp Can someone tell me if there is an alternative process to solve my problem If not I will ditch this computer and pay more for a refurbished Mac I am sending this report using nbsp my trusty circa MacBook Pro nbsp nbsp

A:Windows doesn't load on the HP Stream Laptop

Hi, if you did not create a recovery USB, you can order one from HP.  This is Windows 8.1 not Windows 10?  You might also try booting into safe mode described here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Windows-doesn-t-load-on-the-HP-Stream-Laptop/td-p/5607506
Relevancy 59.77%

The screen does not load at all and jumps straight into "Boot Menu" and "App Menu". I am not shure if it has anything to do with it, but it says in the Diagnostic Splash that the BIOS and the Video are shadowed.

A:Why doesn't Windows 10 load at all on my Lenovo laptop

According to Lenovo's Windows 10 Upgrade website, the IdeaPad U410 is not supported (it doesn't appear in the supported models list here):https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/do...As you can see, the S410 is supported but the U410 isn't listed.If you scroll up to the top of the page (or press the 'Home' key) you'll see this:"Date: Oct 02, 2015""Lenovo supported systems list for Windows 10 Upgrade.If your system is not listed, it hasn?t been tested for Windows 10 upgrade and is not supported"That may account for your problem.With laptops especially, you are supposed to check the manufacturer's website before you upgrade it to Windows 10.message edited by phil22

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/why-doesnt-windows-10-load-at-all-on-my-lenovo-laptop/230.html
Relevancy 58.91%

This problem has been going on already for about a month as far as I can recall The laptop turns on but the display is totally empty and Windows does not start at all This happens frequently after hibernation sleep What I do usually is I just turn the laptop off and turn it on again and the OS starts successfully but now it takes more than twice and it may be dangerous already to do such The laptop is still under warranty and I have it checked already at the store where I bought it The tech person did a few tweaks in the power settings It did work but after a little less than hrs the problem came back I am working as an architectural intern and most of the programs I use are heavy D drafting and D modeling softwares e g Autocad Sketchup and Lumion as well as Adobe Photoshop I use Sketchup very often Just mentioning this as it may have some bearing to the problem Thank you very much

A:Laptop turns on but doesn't load OS after hibernation/sleep

Hi, Welcome to SF.

I found this post from our member gergrocker. This might help.

Quote: Originally Posted by gregrocker

Sleep issues are almost always caused by the display driver so I would start by updating it, or trying another. Driver Install - Device Manager

You can troubleshoot Sleep and Hibernate by setting them to 1 and 2 minutes in Power Options. Use Balanced Plan. Then work through these Sleep Mode Problems - Vista Forums.

If this is still the factory preinstalled WIn7 then that is a corrupt install which causes many of these problems, which is why most tech enthusiasts will not run it but choose to Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

At the minimum I'd Clean Up Factory Bloatware

If that doesn't help then work through these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308658-laptop-turns-but-doesnt-load-os-after-hibernation-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I ve been passed a laptop to sort out which was full of malware Windows running slowly and occasionally crashing the usual state of a machine used by someone clueless and apathetic about computer security I was told I could just reformat it as he doesn t on this 7 doesn't help) Windows Please (factory laptop reset load help! won't want anything off it saving so I tried resetting it to the factory default which seemed to work but when Windows booted up it just stuck in the Windows loading screen black screen with the four colour flag thing I tried safe mode but it also crashes gets stuck whilst loading - the last file it lists in the loading screen is WINDOWS SYSTEM DRIVERS CLASSPNP SYS I retried factory reset with the same results so I tried to install Windows on to the laptop from my Windows DVD in case the factory reset image on the laptop had somehow gotten corrupt but again Windows locks up or goes into an infinite wait state whatever it is and now I can t even access factory reset as the non-working install on the laptop didn t add the option of course I ve tested the physical memory MEMTEST and the hard drive and they both give no errors and I ve reset the BIOS to it s original settings a million to one chance that that Please help! Windows 7 won't load on this laptop (factory reset doesn't help) was the fault but I tried anyway so can anyone suggest anything please The laptop is a Samsung np e a-a uk Windows -bit AMD A M CPU GB RAM nbsp

A:Please help! Windows 7 won't load on this laptop (factory reset doesn't help)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-windows-7-wont-load-on-this-laptop-factory-reset-doesnt-help.1148817/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I m new here and would really appreciate any help Basically I got that fake anti-virus on my laptop but have had this happen before so it was no big deal as I have managed to get rid of it before Yet this time when I started in safe mode and attempted to run spybot search and destory my laptop restarted itself and I can now no longer use my laptop Even safe mode does not work The only way that works is by pressing F as it loads up and choosing windows domain controller or something I ve ran several load laptop Blue doesn't continually screen... malware deleting softwares such as SuperAntispyware amp Malwarebytes in this mode but still I cannot get my laptop to work in safe mode or normal mode I am continually confronted by a blue screen and the following message COLOR Blue A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Blue screen... laptop continually doesn't load Check to be sure you have adequate disk space If a driver is identified in the Stop message disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates Try chaging video adapters Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x E xC x A AB xBA B xBA COLOR Any help would be greatly appreciated Please simplify as much as possible nbsp

A:Blue screen... laptop continually doesn't load

Btw my laptop is a Sony Vaio VGN-CR11S

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-laptop-continually-doesnt-load.151569/
Relevancy 58.91%

I'm currently running Windows Vista 32-bit, I have two computers attatched to a wireless network. One of these computers is getting access to the internet just fine. The other can find the network, but can only connect to the network, there is no internet. Windows keeps telling me that there security problems, and the internet security program (PC-cillin) kept loading and not starting. I uninstalled that program, disabled UAC and disabled all the firewalls on the computer. However, Windows keeps telling me there are security issues, and I still cannot connect to the internet. I have also used Diagnose and Repair, but it was useless. Help!

On the network map, it says that it is connected to an unidentifiable network, however, underneath under connection it has the network name.

A:Laptop connected to network,but not internet

Mine does the same thing and I'll call Comcast and they restart it and it connects just fine. I think it's security issues on my computer, I'm trying to get those resolved and hopefully that will help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connected-to-network-but-not-internet.873396/
Relevancy 58.91%

Trying to get a friends laptop connected to my wireless network. It is connecting with limited access and not able to get on the internet.

I have an Asus P5W DH Deluxe motherboard with a built in wireless AP. I set it up as an open system with 64 bit WEP and a passphrase network key with a key index of 1.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I have a problem with an old Dell Inspiron laptop running on XP home service pack When the computer is connected to the network it is in the laptop itself cannot reach the internet in any way Also connected... Disrupts Laptop when Network while the laptop is connected the other computer attempting to use the linksys router cannot get through either The other computer gives warning messages saying limited or no connectivity and then a network cable is unplugged and switch back and forth every six seconds or so When Laptop Disrupts Network when connected... the laptop is removed from the network the other computer remains unable to connect until the IP address is renewed by using the repair function of its Local Area Connection Status Afterwards it gives the warning that it could not clean the ARP cache but functions correctly anyway Without the laptop connected the network works correctly Somewhat Less Reliable Information The computer network has always presented warnings about unplugged network connection without any seeming problems The last three weeks or so the laptop has had the additional system of creating low or no connectivity while still being able to find the internet but at a very low speed Now the laptop cannot find the internet at all but still disrupts the network when connected One test I ran I connected the laptop to the network and disabled the network connection through preferences but the laptop still disrupted the other computer Hardware self-examinations indicate no hardware damage Used system restore to go back in settings one month to hopefully before the problem No discernable change Have run AVG Free Anti-Virus and A-Squared Anti-trojan checks and cleared out some files but no effect on this present issue Does anyone have any suggestions about the cause or possible fix for this situation Thank you nbsp

A:Laptop Disrupts Network when connected...

Still being stuck at SP1 is a problem in itself. I'll assume that you will correct that situation after we successfully tend to this problem. Please show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between / and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-disrupts-network-when-connected.718184/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I tried this post in the laptop forum with no reply I been working at a new job for a few months now and use a Dell Precision laptop While I m at the office it s connected to the company not network laptop Slow to connected when network via a wired connection with no issues except loading internet pages can either take minutes if it loads at all Sometimes the pages will load up with no issues It doesn t matter which site I go to either I was having a virus malware problem a few weeks ago and the guys in the malware forum helped me through that and it works fine now What I ve noticed is that when I use the laptop at home it runs painfully slow It could take minutes to open Explorer or even open a Slow laptop when not connected to network folder in explorer Starting programs takes way too long as well Internet pages also load inconsistantly like at work I m connected to a wireless network at home I m guessing there is a network setting or something that s causing this but I don t know what it could be Any suggestions would be great nbsp

A:Slow laptop when not connected to network

investigate hard-coded DNS settings - - you should have only dynamic values for IP and DNS.

View network connections-->right click on Local Area Connection-->properties
Scroll to TCP/IP and select it. Click Properties
Make sure both (*) Obtain ... Automatically buttons are checked.
Click the Alternative Tab
Again (*) Automatic
click OK, click Close

Disconnect from your router and then reconnect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-laptop-when-not-connected-to-network.171721/
Relevancy 58.48%

I can't seem to get Windows 7 SP1 to load a driver for an HP printer that is on my home network. My laptop sees it but won't let me make it the default printer or load a driver so that I can link to it wirelessly. I restored my laptop back to windows 7
because Windows 10 was moving too slow. I only have 4gigs of memory, and windows 10 probably runs better with 8gigs of memory.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f52ee902-9022-4792-a1df-5a658bebc843/how-can-i-get-windows-7-sp1-to-load-a-print-driver-thatamp39s-compatible-with-the-hp-printer?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Please help me I am trying to solve an issue from last days I am using Vista premium I was able to access to my internet before but all of a sudden it stopped my internet network is connected but I am not able to open any weblink I have tried out following things- - Cleared the Secure Sockets Layer but access to Laptop to connected network no internet SSL state - tried re-registering the Internet Explorer dll files but it gave error stating is not recognised as an interenal or external command - reset the IE settings - sfc scannow - scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with MS versions - on the safe mode with networking tried to connect with the internat Laptop connected to network but no access to internet it didnt work in dat also - in safe mode network is not connected it couldnt find any avaialable networks - ipconfig all in cmd result as shown in attachment Please refer attachment - have reinstalled wireless drviers wireless assistant and BIOS Have done wat I could have done Need help at the earliest It will be really appreciable I can connect other laptops with same network In my laptop I am now connected to an quot Unidentified Network quot with quot Local Only quot access Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I just moved into college, and my laptop connects to the internet perfectly fine with no problems, but my actual computer doesn't.

Both units are Windows XP and both has Belkin adapters.

Both wireless. I just bought the USB for the main computer, i installed off cd, said to put the adaptor on, I put it on, and then I restart, and it never works. It doesn't pick up the internet, meanwhile I have a laptop not even a foot away that finds the network.

I am only getting one network, and it is the printer network, and says that it is On Demand (Which I do get what that means), so why is this happening? Any help?

If you need any more info, please ask, also, main computer/actual computer refers to my desktop, which doesn't have the internet.

Thanks,
Justin

Relevancy 58.05%

Have read and tried internet connected no network laptop Compaq to a lot for this problem I also am able to connect to the internet no problem with an ethernet cord here is my ipconfig all any help would be much appreciated C Documents and Settings James gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name james- fca b Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR X Wireless Network Ada pter Physical Address - F-E - D-AF-A Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe f e ff fe d afa Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Wednesday May PM Lease Expires Thursday May PM Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Description Realtek RTL Family PCI Fast Ethe rnet NIC Physical Address - E-EC- F-C - C Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address C -A - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled C Documents and Settings James gt nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I have a hp exwork laptop running xp and it won't connect to a network hard drive. It will connect to a network wireless printer but I have bought a my book world and it won't see it even if I plug it in directly with an ethernet cable and type in \\mybookworld the support helpline thought it was something installed on the computer that was stopping it. I am at a loss any clues on how to find what is stopping it?

Thanks in advance

A:ex work laptop can't network even when directly connected why?

You will need to plug the External HD into your router or switch in order to get access to it via \\mybookworld, if that fails you're probibly looking at reinstalling windows XP without all your works own settings

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/ex-work-laptop-cant-network-even-when-directly-connected-why-495441.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a desktop running to help: but Please not laptop connected Vista internet network, XP Please help: Vista laptop connected to network, but not internet a Laptop running Vista a Linksys wireless router and a no-name cable modem provided by my ISP Several months ago I set up a wireless network that was functioning perfectly until a few days ago The XP machine can still access the internet through an ethernet cable connected directly to the router The Vista machine seems to be able to connect to the wireless network but not the internet My wife says she didn t modify any of the settings on the Vista laptop but I m at a loss Please help: Vista laptop connected to network, but not internet as to why it could connect to Please help: Vista laptop connected to network, but not internet the internet a few days ago but can t now Right clicking on the networking icon in the system tray brings up a message box that says Currently connected to Unidentified motherbrain lt -- the name of the network Access Limited Connectivity but the signal strength is excellent The Network and Sharing Center shows the laptop connected to the unidentified network though there is a yellow warning sign on the connection but there is a big red quot x quot on the connection to the internet Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a dell inspiron laptop that is about 5 years old. It runs Windows XP and works great. Lately though it will not stay connected to my network (Linksys Router). It will connect and disconnect several times per hour and this evening it connected/disconnected and would not connect again. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

I appreciate your help and will provide any additional information that you may need.

Thank you,

Kyle

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi
I use Virgin cable broadband and have a Netgear router.The PC is wired through the router and internet fine.
The laptop is 3 days old and access was fine till today after installing Windows updates and then Norton 2009. After installing Norton I installed the updates which seemed to go OK. There was a message telling me to reboot, which I did, and then Windows did not want to load. I had a message about rebooting from a disc, and the system did some repairs (system restore?).
Since then i canot access the internet either by wireless or by plugging the modem directly into the laptop. The signal strength is good, but there is"limited connectivity" I have used all the windows repair tools, looked on Google and am at a loss.I also did a system restore back to when i did the Windows update.
Can anyone help me??!

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a desktop running XP a Laptop running Vista a Linksys wireless router and a no-name cable modem provided by my ISP Several months ago I set up a wireless network that was functioning perfectly until Please help: laptop connected not but network, to internet Vista a few days ago The XP machine can still access the internet through an ethernet cable connected directly to the router The Vista machine seems to be able to connect to the wireless network but not the internet My wife says she didn't modify any of the settings on the Vista laptop but I'm at a loss Please help: Vista laptop connected to network, but not internet as to why it could connect to the internet a few days ago but can't now Right clicking on the networking icon in the system tray brings up a message box that says Currently connected to Unidentified motherbrain lt -- the name of the network Access Limited Connectivity but the signal strength is excellent The Network and Sharing Center shows the laptop Please help: Vista laptop connected to network, but not internet connected to the unidentified network though there is a yellow warning sign on the connection but there is a big red quot x quot on the connection to the internet Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Please help: Vista laptop connected to network, but not internet

Try disconnecting your router's power for a minute, with your system running. Then repower. This often reestablishes the gateway ip address needed to get to the internet. I always try this first before disturbing all my network settings. If you have a cable modem, you can power it down as well (including removing any battery backup), then reinstall the battery and power and wait for all lights to settle down, and then power up your router.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/please-help-vista-laptop-connected-to-network-but-not-internet-204171.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey Win7 Forums,

A friend called me recently because her computer isn't able to reach the internet. It's a Laptop running Windows 7, and is connected to her local network via Wi-Fi. The Wifi network is not the problem, because her family's computers and her phone are all working properly and are able to reach the internet - it's only her computer that's having issues.

I got her to open the device manager, and all the network adapters are working properly. I also got her to do IPconfig and all the values that should have numbers, do have them (Whether or not they're the proper values though, I don't know.)

Windows diagnosis isn't able to find what the problem is, and she's tried using her neighbours network and again, she's able to connect to it, but not the internet.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

A:Friend's laptop is connected to a network but can't reach the internet

what browser is she using? is it perhaps set to 'work offline'?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/241759-friends-laptop-connected-network-but-cant-reach-internet.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys was just reading another thread relating to this but is closed sore opening the can of worms again.

My laptop is connected to my wireless network but not receiving an internet connection through it i have a desktop that is connected to same wireless and is not having a problem at all.my lan port is broken so cant hard wire it.
any help will be much appreciated and laymans terms

Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,
Recently our home network has been having unbearable ping increases that have resulted in unbelievably slow internet speeds, when teamspeak is running it says its connect with 5000ms ping, and ive narrowed it down to a specific laptop on our network

The problem im having is i am unable to pin point the exact program or service running on that laptop that is requiring such a large amount of bandwidth

Sorry in advanced if this is in the wrong category, but im running out of ideas as to what the problem could be

Both mine and the laptop are running windows 8.1 x64

The routers model is Netcomm NB604n

any and all help is greatly appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/56165-5000ms-ping-network-when-specific-laptop-connected.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello and thanks for your input nbsp The following find cannot WiFi ... laptop connected network but is Printer to are currently connected to my Huawei router nbsp desktop - via ethernetprinter HP Photosmart Plus B a-m Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... - via wireless LANlaptop HP EliteBook p - via wireless Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... LAN internet working fine nbsp I recently upgraded both the desktop amp laptop to Windows bit from Win I have no problems printing from the desktop however after repeated printer re-installs the laptop is now Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... unable to detect the printer on my network even when I supply the correct IP address Before the first re-install it said the printer was disconnected at the same time as I was able to print from the desktop nbsp Can you please tell me what's missing or what I need to do to fix this nbsp Thanks again nbsp I have just added the above screenshots showing what happens during installation of the printer on my laptop - at this point I have it connected to the printer via a USB link as instructed It is also on my wireless LAN and to repeat I have no problem using it wirelessly to print from the desktop m c nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Printer-is-connected-to-WiFi-network-but-laptop-cannot-find/td-p/5593125
Relevancy 57.62%

My laptop all of a sudden will not connect to my wireless network. Has been connecting fine till today. The wireless card seems to be working OK, nothing in device manager, the wifi light is on and it sees my network (and others). When I try to connect, select my router from the list I get a message saying, "windows can not connect to my router name".
Any ideas for trouble shooting this. I have removed the card and reseated it, no help.

Thanks

A:Gateway ML3109 Laptop just stopped connected to network

Maybe you need to check with your company first if everything is working on your side.
Believe it or not with the weather we've been having it can sometimes be their side failing to connect. Check to make sure something isn't down on their side before you give yourself a headache. Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-ml3109-laptop-just-stopped-connected-to-network.806151/
Relevancy 57.62%

I just changed my dads network setting from WEP to WPA every device internet laptop wirelessly but network, to Vista connected no is connected win Vista laptop connected wirelessly to network, but no internet laptops xboxes etc except his vista laptop It says local only and labels Vista laptop connected wirelessly to network, but no internet the network as unidentified I searched for this and it seems to be a commom problem but has many different fixes Here is the ipconfig all C Users John gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Ricker Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Mixed IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Atheros AR b g WiFi Adapter Physical Address - - E- - D- DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d fd afe Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Monday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B - D- - - - E- - D- DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek RTL E Family PCI-E Fast Ethern et NIC NDIS Physical Address - F- - -D -A DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap DF A-ED B- C - A - B E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A D A -E D- -B - E E CB C br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

A:Vista laptop connected wirelessly to network, but no internet

moved to networking

the laptop may not support WPA2 - have you tried looking to see if there is a later wireless driver for his laptop on the manufacturers website

although it looks like he has an IP from the router

you may want to remove all the wireless profiles and reconnect

Wireless Profiles
http://mgmcc.forumotion.net/networking-tutorials-f17/removing-an-existing-wireless-profile-t109.htm
- Vista/Windows7:
http://www.tp-link.com/support/showfaq.asp?id=214
- delete the wireless profiles
Start> control Panel> classic view> network and sharing center> manage wireless networks

Delete the profiles
you will then have to enter the wireless security key for any networks you connect to

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-laptop-connected-wirelessly-to-network-but-no-internet.955428/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have 1 wired home computer, 1 laptop that connects wirelessly through the home network, and several ipods (kids) thay also connect wirelessly. Today my laptop says its connected to the home network but no internet access. I tried reseting the modem and router but no success. I try to troubleshoot and it says the firewall might be causing the problem so I disable it and no luck. The only other problem it finds is that the DNS server is not responding.

I connected it directly to the router with a cable and same results, DNS server not responding. I then connected directly to the modem and again DNS server not responding.
I checked the tcpip settings and ipv4 and ipv6 are all automatic. Even tried to connect to hotspot through phone with same results. DNS server not responding. Anyone know how to fix that? Thank you, Steve

A:Laptop connected to home network, no internet access

Does anything else have any issue's connecting or just the laptop?

Have you flushed your dns cache

start>cmd>ipconfig /flushdns

Try using a public dns like Google Public DNS 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/256853-laptop-connected-home-network-no-internet-access.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Morning I am currently having a problem with my friend s eMachines laptop At some point a few can't connected internet. to access network, the Laptop wireless weeks ago it stopped connecting to web sites via browser although he Laptop connected to wireless network, can't access the internet. had a strong wireless connection at home He brought it in to work for me to take a look Laptop connected to wireless network, can't access the internet. at I don t have access to the router as it is the company wifi network The problem has to be with the laptop anyway as my personal laptop and ipod touch are both connecting to the wireless network and loading web content with no problems I have tried a few things with no results and I don t mind starting from scratch in case I missed something Below I have posted ipconfig all for his machine connected wirelessly as well as PING for his machine s IP the default gateway the DNS and yahoo IP and domain Below that is the same tests run with the computer connected via cable to the network In addition I have added the same results from my personal netbook which is functioning correctly Any help would be very much appreciated WIRELESS IPCONFIG all for problem machine Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Dagobox Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List SSG- Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix SSG- Description Broadcom g Network Adapter Physical Address -C -A -BF- -E Dhcp Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IP Address Subnet Mask IP Address fe c a ff febf e Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff Lease Obtained Sunday September A M Lease Expires Monday September A M Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF-FF Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe ffff ffff fffd Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix SSG- Description Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address A- - - Dhcp Enabled No IP Address fe efe Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled WIRELESS PING TESTS ON PROBLEM MACHINE Microsoft Windows XP Version C Copyright - Microsoft Corp C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING Pinging with bytes of data Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING yahoo com Ping request could not find host yahoo com Please check the name and try again C Documents and Settings Owner gt PING www yahoo com Ping request could not find host www yahoo com Please check the name and try ag ain IPCONFIG WIRED ON PROBLEM MACHINE Mi... Read more

A:Laptop connected to wireless network, can't access the internet.

Well, I'm confused. Your wireless connection statistics for the "good" and "bad" machine look the same.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connected-to-wireless-network-cant-access-the-internet.862304/
Relevancy 57.62%

I already posted this in the 'General Help' forum but I wasn't sure if it belonged here.

I know it's an issue with my laptop because every other device works fine on the network. When it does manage to stay connected (for a short time) my speeds are terrible. I get about 4 down and 5 up. My other wifi devices get between 12-20 upload and 15-25 download. When I connect via ethernet I get about 100-130 down and 15 up.

This is beyond frustrating, especially when you're trying to research a paper or do online homework.

I sense there is something going on between my wireless driver and the router but I don't know what to do.

EDIT: Here are the errors:

1) "The connection between your access point, router, or cable modem and the internet is broken."
2) "The default gateway is not available"

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/54294-my-laptop-asus-x401a-will-not-stay-connected-w-network.html
Relevancy 56.76%

have been using my laptop on my wireless connection for a couple of years All of a sudden I can t access the internet with it My wireless icon in the corner says Wireless Network connection connected and the strength is very good I tried to let the computer obtain the ip address and the dns automatically and have put the numbers in manually Neither has worked The laptop is a Toshiba Satellite running Windows XP The router is a Verizon Wireless Actiontec Ml -WR I ve tried using it right next to the router and it still doesn t work I ve tried rebooting the router with no luck Below is the TSG SysInfo results Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R M processor GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R GM GMS GML Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Portable PC Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop says connected to wireless network, but can't access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-says-connected-to-wireless-network-but-cant-access-the-internet.1026801/
Relevancy 56.76%

One of our laptops was given to my father to be worked on He solved the issue and used his wireless connection to install all the drivers and whatnot from his home Upon bringing the laptop home we discovered that it will connect to the wireless network here but IE is not able to display the homepage I put the Chrome installer on wireless can't Laptop is browser find page. but network, connected to it and tried to connect through Chrome and the same issue occurred This Laptop is connected to wireless network, but browser can't find page. laptop had been connected successfully to our wireless network in the past and we have a nd laptop and two phones that are always connected to it when we re home with no issues The laptop provides an IP address when I run the ipconfig command through cmd I also performed the iprelease and iprenew commands but to no avail I also used the tracert command and it provided data for jumps - but it said the request timed out for jumps - Also when I Laptop is connected to wireless network, but browser can't find page. try to connect the laptop through hard wire nothing happens I found that to be interesting Any possible solutions Thanks a ton in advance nbsp

A:Laptop is connected to wireless network, but browser can't find page.

can we see the ipconfig /all

What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG , Webroot etc

ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

This should also work for windows 8
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-is-connected-to-wireless-network-but-browser-cant-find-page.1075262/
Relevancy 56.76%

I hope someone can help me with this I work from home office is miles away and my Lenovo T Win will not stay connected via WiFi to my Verizon MI connected Work Network Lenovo Laptop not on stay will Home my WR ver I router I had this problem with my old router MI WR rev E and I was able to fix it by turning off the Power Management option to quot power off to save power quot My Lenovo is using Centrino Advanced-N Wifi chip It reads as quot working properly quot It seem obvious that there is an issue between the Lenovo and the new MI I have other devices connecting to the MI without a problem I have shut down devices to ensure that their is not an over burdening the AP issue Specifically the Lenovo successfully pairs with the MI tries to establish an Internet connection fails and drops the connection or the router does - I assume it is the laptop It's worked great for about hours this am then it quit working I - shutdown the laptop pulled power and battery - Work Lenovo Laptop will not stay connected on my Home Network shut off the network pulled the plug and let it sit for a while - restarted everything and the issue will not go away It works fine work with a Cisco Network My company uses some McAfee SW for laptop security Since I was blissfully working for hours and this just started up I do not think that has anything to do with it But who knows Any ideas

A:Work Lenovo Laptop will not stay connected on my Home Network

OK, I just thought of something. The problem started at the same time I powered up my wife's new iPad4. So, after turning off the iPad 4, I was able to log on. Since I completely bounced the network (unplugged and left unplugged the MI242WR), I would think that would release all the IP addresses in the router. I am back to work, and afraid to turn the iPad back on.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/263276-work-lenovo-laptop-will-not-stay-connected-my-home-network.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey,
I just got an acer laptop computer from India. It was connecting fine there on a dail up network however I am having trouble connecting to the wireless network in London. The network status shows connected with a strong signal however I get check network connections message when I try to use the internet. Can you please help?
Thanks

MadJo

A:Solved: Laptop shows connected to wifi network but I cannot access the internet

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-shows-connected-to-wifi-network-but-i-cannot-access-the-internet.920386/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I have an ASUS K F laptop running Windows and it has always worked fine with both wired and wireless connections I recently changed Internet provider from BT to Plusnet though I cannot be sure that this is when the problem began It still works fine when wired but when I switch the wireless on and unplug the ethernet cable it says that there is a strong connection to the network with internet access and cannot Internet web load but with "connected page access", Laptop I am able to find the router by putting http into the browser but I cannot load any Internet pages on any browser and cannot use any other Internet apps like Skype The wireless works fine on another laptop and on my phone - it is just on this Asus laptop I have tried searching for posts of various forums - but have just ended up using command prompt to ping google it was not successful and running a utility called winsockfix which made no difference I have scanned for malware and virus - I have removed a couple but this hasn t fixed the problem Can anyone please help Thanks Guy nbsp

Relevancy 55.9%

i could really use some help, my laptop continuously freezes within 2 min of connecting to my schools public network and i also resently noticed my windows defender isnt able to start...

A:laptop freezes when connected to school network, windows defender wont start either

Hello and welcome to TSF.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

a link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined below. Use a USB flash drive to download and transfer the tools to the affected machine, if necessary.

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-freezes-when-connected-to-school-network-windows-defender-wont-start-either-666383.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I use my android as a mobile hotspot to connect to the internet on my laptop. My laptop says it is connected to the internets.d has a strong connection but will not load any page on internet. I use my mobile hotspot to connect to the internet on other devices and it works great. I am using windows 7 operating system and internet explorer for my browser.

A:Toshiba laptop says connected to internet but will not load any page on internet

Hit the windows logo key + R. In the run box that appears, type cmd and press enter. In the black box that appears, type ipconfig/all and press enter. Copy and paste the results into this form.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-says-connected-to-internet-but-will-not-load-any-page-on-internet.1090434/
Relevancy 54.61%

I had Vista on this laptop but i don't like vista so i decided to go with xp Pro but when i installed Xp Pro i don't see my network icon and it doesn't connect to the net .I tried 2 drivers and they are no good SP32144 AND SP33645 . I installed the wireless car nop problem but the net work card doesn't want too . Need help to solve this minor problem......TIA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-doesnt-find-my-network-icon-hp-dv2000.641735/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey, i'm not really good at explaining things, but I'll try my best.
The problem is that I have an old computer Acer Aspire 5315 which has this problem with WiFi, it can't find Wireless Network Connection.
I tried installing drivers but that doesn't help, I don't kow if wireless switch is responding, because nothing happens when I click it. But I does work well when I insert ethernet cable, and everything works just fine on another laptop. Is it a problem with computer it self? Is it possible to fix it?
I'm uploading a picture which shows that the laptos is able to find LAN connection, but it can't event detect Wireless Network Connection (so I can't manually enable it, how many videos, forums suggest)

A:Laptop doesn't find Wireless Network Connection

Check in Device Manager to see if it is listed there.

There may be a button or Fn key combination to turn on/off the wireless, see if that's the case.
If above fail, try loading defaults in BIOS (either first screen or exit menu).

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/374357-laptop-doesnt-find-wireless-network-connection.html
Relevancy 54.61%

So I happened to do CD recovery a day ago Due to forgetting Administrator password and now my laptop seems to not be able to pick up any wireless connections when there usually is a ton Also every time my laptop restarts it always loads saying quot Preparing for first time use quot Like I used the CD recovery again which I didn't I thought that maybe it has to do with the Drivers and such though im not very tech fancy so I wouldn't exactly know where to find the correct driver to install and which to install Here is my laptop's Information OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System show network any wireless doesn't My connections laptop Name MUOI-PC System Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer Inc System Model U E System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc U E SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version My laptop doesn't show any wireless network connections quot quot User Name Muoi-PC Muoi Time Zone Eastern Standard Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Oh and My laptop doesn't show any wireless network connections lastly I happened to notice on Driver manager that on quot other devices quot there is a yellow exclamation point on both of them Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N WiMAX and Network Controller If you were wondering my Network adapters is Atheros AR PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS Thank you

A:My laptop doesn't show any wireless network connections

You can get the drivers here ASUS - Notebooks- ASUS U56E
start with the chipset then audio,video,lan,wifi then any others you do not need any driver programs they can offer drivers that are unsuitable for your system,download the drivers to either a usb stick or burn to a disc and transfer to your computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-laptop-doesnt-show-any-wireless-network-connections-683168.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello everyone I'm having a strange randomly occuring issue with my laptop doesn't network to want the Laptop but drive hard instead from boot Firstly let me describe the boot order set in the BIOS Quote HDD HDD FDD USB LAN Now it was recently disassembled to bits to give Laptop doesn't want to boot from the hard drive but network instead it a thorough cleaning and address minor issues like loose hinge and broken battery latch After that when I booted it up for the first few times - it worked just fine The problem appeared after I hibernated it for a few nights each time I powered it back up it wanted to resume windows didn't show the usual text quot press F to go into bios quot etc but instead it entered Intel UNDI PXE- build and attempted to boot from the network but failed that's okay with an error message quot Check cable connection quot followed by quot Exiting Intel PXE ROM quot and it repeated the process again - stuck in a loop spamming the screen with text I can press the power button del F F and nothing happens or it'll restart same with CTRL ALT DEL now why does it do this I have no idea It does do the same thing on fresh boot The CMOS battery is fine it keeps time and settings After restarting a few times in various ways usually it will boot properly I don't have any external devices plugged in except wireless mouse I would really love some help with this it's very annoying and I simply don't know what to do

A:Laptop doesn't want to boot from the hard drive but network instead

If the hard drive is not detected the BIOS will just move on to the next item in the list. Your seeing the boot from lan on screen because its the last option and that's where it stops. Double check that your hard drive is securely mounted and any cables are firmly attached. It could also indicate that the drive may be failing. I'd double check all your internal connections first, as you've had it opened up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369944-laptop-doesnt-want-boot-hard-drive-but-network-instead.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm still trying to fix my sister's laptop more out of sheer determination at this point I gave up on trying to fix the black screen problem and on trying to get to her files and did a full Factory Restore Vista booted up perfectly after that and then I tred to get online Here's what I know The wireless adapter is enabled when I press quot F quot a little laptop network recognize w/ Vista wireless Dell doesn't icon pops up with an antenna with waves coming off of it so I know it's on When I run the connection utility it says quot Windows cannot find any networks quot but my network is fully operational and I am connected to it on my computer laptop cell phone playstation and tivo so I know the signal is working I ran a diagnostic on the adapter and it passed everything so from that I can see that the computer recognizes it and it is functioning I also tried to update the driver but still had no luck Any other ideas I'm still floating with the idea of wiping vista and using my OEM CD to install XP but Dell laptop w/ Vista doesn't recognize wireless network I want to make sure the thing Dell laptop w/ Vista doesn't recognize wireless network is functioning properly first Any suggestions are appreciated

A:Dell laptop w/ Vista doesn't recognize wireless network

Hi liguy,

OK, on the laptop:

1. In Network and Sharing Center, is Network Discovery turned on?

2. In Manage Network Connections, are there any other connections shown besides your wireless? Any with a red X; if so, disable it.

3. If the above is all OK, open a command window (Start, Run, type Cmd in Open: Box and click OK). In the command window type ipconfig /all (space between g and /, no space after /), right click on window, click on select all, right click on window icon at top left, select edit > copy, and paste result in your reply.

Please let us know one way or another.

Ed

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/275223-dell-laptop-w-vista-doesnt-recognize-wireless-network.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello,
I just got my HP laptop a brand new Windows Vista installed, but the guy who installed it didn't have time to go over all the details, and I was supposed to register it myself. I didn't think it would be a big deal, but when I tried to connect to the internet... I couldn't. I thought it I had just turned off the wireless adapter and pressed the button ... but nothing happened. The biggest surprise was when I opened the "Menage network connections" menu and there was nothing (there used to be a Wireless and a Broadcom network adapter icons). I tried installing some wireless drivers ... but again nothing.
Can you please help me, because I'm running out of ideas

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi I am having trouble connecting to a particular wireless network with my pc laptop I can see the router and have very good signal strength and while the laptop says it is connected when I try to load any webpages they just continuously try to load with nothing coming up but a blank white page I ve been in contact with my ISP who Strong on load. won't IE page Internet Laptop and Network Connection, but has been absolutely no help at all They are assuming it s the laptop however I am able to use this laptop elsewhere to connect to wireless networks all the time--this is the Laptop on Network and Strong Internet Connection, but IE page won't load. first trouble I ve had Forgive me I m not extremely computer savvy but here is what I ve Laptop on Network and Strong Internet Connection, but IE page won't load. done so far cmd prompt-ipconfig says ipv is connected isp talked me through that Then they walked me through ping which did not work because no page came up again They had me doublecheck all the options in internet options which according to them was correct I m at a loss here because it seems like nobody can help The laptop is connected to the internet lower right hand corner of screen says quot currently connected to snouffer net access local and internet - and the earth symbol is in front of the icon indicating I am in fact connected but no web pages Please if anyone can help nbsp

A:Laptop on Network and Strong Internet Connection, but IE page won't load.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-on-network-and-strong-internet-connection-but-ie-page-wont-load.827001/
Relevancy 53.75%

Win 7 Ultimate 64byteThe network icon in the tray is red with a red X.Network and Sharing center states I am currently not connected to any networks.I click on 'Connect to a Network', at the top of the pop up it says 'Not Connected', below the 'Connections Are Available' icon it shows my wireless network and connected.I can't connect to a HomeGroup.Internet connectivity is working.

A:Windows 7 states I'm not connected to any networks when in fact I am connected to my wireless network??

I found a solution for (my version of) this problem.  My tray icon never showed the red X, but if I clicked on the icon, the popup showed a bigger icon with a red X, and said "Not connected".  As in your case, Internet worked, but I'm unable to setup a VPN connection because it insists on using a non-existent modem, obviously because I'm "not connected" (which I am). 

I monitored the processes running the NlaSvc and Netprofm services (using ProcMon), and noticed that both were denied read/write access to subkeys within the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList hierarchy.  

The processes were running as NetworkService and LocalService, respectively, so I tried adding full access for these service accounts to the entire subkey mentioned above.  Notice that permissions are not automatically inherited in the registry, so you may need to explicitly "replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object".

Within seconds, Network and Sharing Center tells me I'm connected to my domain.  Yay!
A reboot was required to fix the tray icon and its popup.

However, I'm still unable to add my VPN connection.

I'm interested in hearing from you guys if your registries miss the same permissions?  If so, Windows 7 must have a bug somewhere with misaligned service permissions/rights.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/df17c593-e78f-4878-97b0-7569307934c5/windows-7-states-im-not-connected-to-any-networks-when-in-fact-i-am-connected-to-my-wireless?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 53.32%

I have computers on a network over a linksys WRT G router A netbook running XP an HP laptop running Vista Home Premium SP and a MAC running OS All on MAC Solved: Laptop doesn't to Vista password access recognize network show on all computer network locations and I can access files between each of them EXCEPT the HP Laptop under VISTA to the MAC For that connection VISTA wants a user name and password and I enter the same and only user name that I have on the MAC and I get the message that Windows cannot find that machine and asks me to check the user name password I use that same user password combo when accessing the MAC from the XP Netbook it works fine What can I do in VISTA to get to the MAC I know that the user name password I am using is the only one that exists on the MAC I also have printers attached and they both work fine on all computers nbsp

A:Solved: Vista Laptop doesn't recognize password to access MAC on network

have a read here and see if this helps

Here’s how you can get your Windows 7 PC to share printers and files with XP and Vista PCs--and even a Mac
http://www.pcworld.com/article/184232/set_up_your_home_network_windows_7_edition.html
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/12246/share-a-printer-on-your-network-from-vista-or-xp-to-windows-7/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-laptop-doesnt-recognize-password-to-access-mac-on-network.969913/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello and thanks in advance for your help. I have an Acer Inspire laptop running Windows XP. A few months ago it suddenly stopped connecting to my home wireless network, while all of the other computers in the house connect to the network without a problem. The network still shows up in the list of available networks; when I click on it to connect, it looks like it's trying to connect but it never actually does. My dad thinks that using my laptop at an airport wifi hotspot may have something to do with the issue (the problem started right after I returned from a business trip...).

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 53.32%

So, this is not a major issue but kind of annoying. Recently I have noticed that the system tray icon for the wireless network always has that little red X and if I open the Network and Sharing Center it says "You are not currently connected to any networks." When I click "See Full Map" it shows a line from my PC to the Router but the line from my router to the internet has a red X.

The thing is, I am connected to the internet. I can go online just fine. Any ideas?

A:network system tray icon shows not connected but I am connected

Hello Serg, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Sometimes a simple restart of the PC will sort the network icon for you.

If not, then a quick disable and enable of the wireless network usually will toggle it back with the correct icon.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/311165-network-system-tray-icon-shows-not-connected-but-i-am-connected.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys and girls have a problem with a friends laptop and i need your help because ive run out of ideas and i dont like formatting unless i have tried as much as i can too rectify the problem and im close to losing the rest of my hair so the problem started with the normal Solved: limited unidentified but connected. network, connected not connectivity, limited connectivity i was given the laptop and tried to rectify the problem using ip resets renew Solved: limited connectivity, unidentified network, connected but not connected. release ipvc reset winsock reset and it wouldnt budge if i leave the ipv settings to automatic it will not display the ssid of the router it will connect to it but display unidentified network if i enter the ip address dns e t c then it will display the router but it will still not connect to the internet i have tried updating drivers removing all drivers and letting windows rediscover and install driver i have also tried installing an internet dongle the laptop will pickup the dongle install the software but then display no connection i then tried installing a belkin wirless adapter but since the software is only up to vista i dont believe it has worked everything installed ok but still will not connect to the internet i am also finding out that it is not getting proxy details either and on occasions i will get limited connectivity or the adapter will refuse to connect to the router i have run xirrus wifi inspector on both my laptop working and his laptop not working the signal strength runs from about - db too - db which is strong enough but the automatic ip address differ alot according too xirrus these are the results My Ip My DNs my gateway His IP His DNs N a his Gateway N a his ipconfig all Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address F - D- - A- D- E DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Intel R Centrino R Wireless-N Physical Address - - C- - E- C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a ad a f e ce Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - A- -E -F - D- - A- D- E DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A D E- - C- - E E Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap D E D- B - C - C - EF ACEEACD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap B B - B F- - -AEF B BB Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DC - - A C-AF - AC D... Read more

A:Solved: limited connectivity, unidentified network, connected but not connected.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-limited-connectivity-unidentified-network-connected-but-not-connected.1074225/
Relevancy 53.32%

I thought i was reasonably PC savvy but after reading some of these posts I realise that I have no idea network connected Solved: internet but to Vista wireless connected not - please be gentle I am living in a boarding hostel which has Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected a wireless network via Mac Airports which I have connected to - it says that the signal strength is good though it does appear to fluctuate This wireless connection uses a proxy server to connect to the internet so that they have some control over what the students can see My problem is that I can connect to the network but not always to the internet using firefox the internet seems to cut in and out and if it is connected it runs VERY slowly and most often Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected times out even when opening something simple like google com What I need to know is how can I tell if this is a PC issue or network issue I Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected ran the intel PROset diagnostics tool and it says that the ping test failed no response default gateway DHCP server Some things that I ve tried other computers seem to work fine on the network disabled windows firewall talked to the techs but since they re mac users they weren t familiar with vista and therefire not too much help Ideas on what to do please nbsp

A:Solved: Vista connected to wireless network but internet not connected

got it sorted now) It appears that even though my PC said the signal was strong enough, it wasn't (Vista must need a very stong and consistent wireless connection) After some searching I found that one of the airports in the building had been switched off and even though it was the furthest from my room, it made a big difference when activated...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-vista-connected-to-wireless-network-but-internet-not-connected.726479/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have been having a problem with my computer for a few weeks now I have Windows Vista on my computer and have Webroot Virus Scan When I go to Google s search engine and click on the link it gets redirected Sometimes when I turn on my computer the volume doesn t work at all Also sometimes when I turn my computer on the computer doesn t load and load Redirected; start time Doesn't doesn't right Volume Google Vista all the Gets correctly, Search it says there is a problem with DellDock installation which I have no clue what that means I never had any of these problems before this virus showed up When I run Webroot it catches the same virus everytime some type of virus in Java I have tried researching this virus but as I said Google links don t work Thank you for taking the time to look Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time at my problem DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Danny at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity WRConsumerService exeC Windows system svchost exe Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Program Files Dell DellDock DockLogin exeC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Common Files Dell MySQL bin mysqld exeC Program Files Common Files Dell Remote Access File Sync Service dsl fs sync exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtC Program Files Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeper exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files Dell DellDock DellDock exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Windows System ico exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Dell DataSafe Online DataSafeOnline exeC Program Files Oracle Information Rights Management Desktop sealmon exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exeC Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroupC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SpySweeperUI exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Windows System Pmxmiced exeC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Webroot WebrootSecurity SSU EXEC Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exeC Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exeC Windows system wuauclt exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows system SearchProtocolHost exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Windows system DllHost exeC Users Danny Desktop dds scrC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www google comuStart Page hxxp espn go com uWindow Title Internet Explorer provided by DelluDefault Page URL hxxp www google c... Read more

A:Google Search Gets Redirected; Volume doesn't load correctly, Vista Doesn't start right all the time

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334514/google-search-gets-redirected;-volume-doesnt-load-correctly-vista-doesnt-start-right-all-the-time/
Relevancy 52.46%

Im having this issue when I go to my Music folder/library in windows there is either no album art (in this case no icons in place of the album art either to suggest if its an mp3 or what not), or it takes a really long time for the album art to load on every peace of music. I have also tried to search on google about this problem. No luck probably because I'm rubbish at searching

ill really appreciate it if someone can help me out.

Here is a screen shot about what I'm on about ---->

Text in image: Files that have no album art still have the file type icon on them.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A:Album art takes long to load or doesn't load at all in explorer.exe

Welcome aboard, ksbansal

If you dont have adequate RAM/free RAM to generate the arts, it happens. Let us know the size of your ram, and you need to run this test, too.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/209177-album-art-takes-long-load-doesnt-load-all-explorer-exe.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there I have a weird problem here I have two laptops Laptop A is my personal one using at home Laptop B is my company laptop The problem is about my laptop B When I use my laptop B at work everything works perfectly When I get home this laptop could connect to Skype but just can not browse website I used ping and found that it can only ping IP address instead of websites I first thought that maybe the DNS server was screwed Then I used my laptop A to test Laptop A and Laptop B have the identical settings both use Automatic DHCP server settings on the wireless browse connected is not to but internet connected Laptop , skype can TCP IP are identical Laptop A works fine can ping website and browse websits with a chime I then followed the Instructions and posted the following info and hope someone here could give me some hints BTW I have the genuine windows xp pro cd Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet thanks Hui DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by huis at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning enabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C WINDOWS system ASTSRV EXE svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework FrameworkService exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise Mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise VsTskMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Microsoft Virtual Server vmh exe C WINDOWS system vmnat exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player vmware-authd exe C WINDOWS system vmnetdhcp exe C WINDOWS system CCM CcmExec exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system sessmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Apoint HidFind exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Roxio Drag-to-Disc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS system ICO EXE C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files Google Google Pinyin GooglePinyinDaemon exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework udaterui exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Communicator communicator exe C Program Files VMware VMware Player hqtray exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion Auto Update RIMAutoUpdate exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C Program Files Red Gate SQL Prompt RedGate SQLPrompt TrayApp exe C Program Files MagicDisc MagicDisc exe C virusRemoval dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp mpsharepoint it default aspx BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Spybot-S am... Read more

A:Laptop connected to wireless , skype is connected but can not browse internet

bump please

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/laptop-connected-to-wireless-skype-is-connected-but-can-not-browse-internet-420049.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi to all
The Network icon shows Not Connected, but I'm connected and can brows the internet.
my prblem solved but after restart my computer this problem come back.
I'm confused because I tried many ways to sole it!

I disconnected my pc from modem, waited about 30 seconds and reconnected it
Reset the network adapter
use the Diagnose and repair the connection
Uninstall driver from device manager and restart my computer

When the computer will restart my problem is solved!!!!!!! but When the computer will restart again,
my problem come back!!!!! Even when I disconnect from the Internet and connected, this problem come back

Could someone help me? (windows 7, 64)

A:The Network icon shows Not Connected, but I'm connected

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

Can you surf to here:
http://www.msftncsi.com/ncsi.txt
More info here:
http://blog.superuser.com/2011/05/16...ork-awareness/

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/317618-network-icon-shows-not-connected-but-im-connected.html
Relevancy 52.03%

OK, so i am connected to my wireless network, but windows says that i am not connected

A:Connected to Wireless network, but windows says Not connected

Hi bdman32,

Try removing all network profiles, re-add your own SSID (wireless network) with the correct encryption.
Wireless Network - Remove

Make sure that 'Obtain DNS Server address automatically' in your wireless setting is set to auto.
Setting Up a DHCP Ethernet Connection in Windows Vista/7 - Virginia Tech Knowledge Base [answers.vt.edu]

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/189978-connected-wireless-network-but-windows-says-not-connected.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I purchased this laptop for school and it was working perfectly fine. The network connection was great and everything. Today it decided not to connect to the internet, yet it is still connected to my network, but recognizes it as undefined. Instead of having the normal bars it has a yellow exlamation mark. I have contacted my ISP and my router is working fine. I'm on a different computer and it is working fine as well, so there's something wrong with my computer. I have contacted a representative and they said they could not help me either.

But surely someone here will be able to help hopefully.

I have tried everything I know to fix it. I cannot connect even if I'm using the ethernet cable.

The computer is an Acer laptop and I have Windows 7.

A:Connected to Network adapter, but not connected at the same time?

Could you go to the start menu and run the command "cmd", then when the black window opens up, type in: ipconfig /all (there's a space before the '/', but not after it) then press return. A whole bunch of stuff will scroll. Could you cut/paste that info into a response here?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/connected-to-network-adapter-but-not-connected-at-the-same-time.1014246/
Relevancy 52.03%

I have a desktop PC connected to my router with an ethernet cable I - connections available connected no direct connected not network have another desktop in another room which is connected wirelessly After I reboot my desktop says quot not connected - no network connections available quot on the system tray Meanwhile the wirelessly connected PC is fine This has happened three times On the first two occasions I was able not connected - no network connections available direct connected to not connected - no network connections available direct connected get back to normal by doing a few system restores the first one never worked and sometimes the second and third until it magically started working and I had internet access This time that isn t working I thought it was related to not connected - no network connections available direct connected a windows update but I have disabled them and it happened again today When I got my access back there were no problems for ten days until I had to reboot and then I get the problem again I have read this board and tried the following without success - reset winsock ipv ipv - clean reboot - disabled and re-enabled my network adaptor Any other ideas This is really frustrating nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

Logged in this morning and certain network connected apps Xbox app, true key password manager, microsoft hello face recognition would not connect to the internet. I have internet access and have no problem browsing but settings shows I have no network connection. Tried other PCs connected to the same router and connection to the internet is shown in settings on all others.

It's the same if I use my wired ethernet or my wireless connection on this PC. I have uninstalled the adapters and reinstalled them.

Any ideas as to what can fix this problem?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/66903-network-status-not-connected-windows-10-but-i-am-connected.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Logfile of HijackThis Always Always And Load Don't Connect Or Doesn't Pages Right Load v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system Doesn't Always Connect And Pages Don't Always Load Or Load Right winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System Doesn't Always Connect And Pages Don't Always Load Or Load Right svchost exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeC HP KBD KBD EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exeC WINDOWS system S tray exec Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC WINDOWS system winsplg exeC WINDOWS system homesec exeC Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopIndex exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exeC Program Files spike SmartAgent exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exeC WINDOWS system dlcccoms exeC WINDOWS System mfasvc exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exeC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktopCrawl exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC WINDOWS system ntvdm exeC WINDOWS system edocfl mste exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL Binn sqlservr exeC WINDOWS System HPZipm exeC WINDOWS System pxeibcw exeC Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exeC WINDOWS system edocfl wcbie exeC WINDOWS System stscor exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exec Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exeC WINDOWS System ssmgs exeC WINDOWS system edocfl wcbrsp k exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System wincomspk exeC WINDOWS system edocfl w kspkinj exeC Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http https R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Toolbar hp toolkit - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C HP EXPLOREBAR HPTOOLKT DLLO - HKLM Run BlockTracker c hp bin BlockTracker exeO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exeO - HKLM Run Share-to-Web Namespace Daemon c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnd exeO - HKLM Run CamMonitor c Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Unload hpqcmon exeO - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXEO - HKLM Run StorageGuard quot C Program Files VERITAS Software Update Manager sgtray exe quot rO - HKLM Run AutoTBar C hp bin autotbar exeO - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXEO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE NvQTwk NvCplDaemon initializeO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet keeploadedO - HKLM Run PS C WINDOWS system ps exeO - HKLM Run USB C WINDOWS sys... Read more

A:Doesn't Always Connect And Pages Don't Always Load Or Load Right

Hello,

Sorry for the delay, this forum is very busy right now.

There is a program from a company called SearchHelp, Inc. on this computer. Sentry at Home or Sentry Remote. From the information I can gather on the Internet, this is a legitimate application aimed at allowing parents control over their children's web surfing habits. Judging by some of the lines in this log it uses a proxy server and several other techniques to filter internet content. This might explain why you have trouble connecting to some web sites.

If you are the owner of this computer and installed this program, I would suggest disabling it temporarily to see whether your problems persist.

Whether they do or not, post a fresh HijackThis log along with the results of this test.

Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88672/doesnt-always-connect-and-pages-dont-always-load-or-load-right/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi,

I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times because I myself have read countless posts trying to figure out my problem and solve it, but nothing has seemed to work for me. I have an HP G60-230US laptop and a Linksys router. It says my laptop is connected to linksys but it has a limited connection. It will not connect to the Internet and I can't open the Internet at all. I got an error saying that it was unable to communicate with the Primary DNS Server but I'm pretty clueless as to how to go about fixing this.

Thanks in advance!

Relevancy 50.31%

Had the worst experience of a lifetime Was able to access the internet everywhere even McDonalds Get Warner Cable internet at home says connected but getting the this page cannot be displayed page Tried troubleshooting resetting TCP IP going into the internet tools when I could access it at other locations to set the security downloaded new search engine mozilla called cable and sat on phone for hours resetting our connected. not connected, SP3 XP but TWC/Windows laptop Wireless modem walking through the process with a technician and ended up scheduling for one to come back out to the house to say the least every tip I tried it Cable even came out and tried and could Wireless laptop connected, but not connected. TWC/Windows XP SP3 not solve the issue The desktop and other laptop in our house worked fine Then I came here and found a post from fricken years ago that worked instantly I found it on my cell phone took my computer over a friends who has netgear that I piggy backed off of and set a restore point and downloaded the software I couldn t wait to get home to test it and WALLAH it worked immediately I love you tw rld So I posted the remedy again for anyone who can t access the internet try this its an awesome tool Don t go calling geeksquad To think its and TWC technicians don t even know how to fix this issue TechSpot Maniac Create a restore point then install and run the utility found on this link http majorgeeks com downloadget php id amp file amp evp a d f c b This should help tw rld Aug nbsp

A:Wireless laptop connected, but not connected. TWC/Windows XP SP3

I had trouble using the link you posted until I saw it was fractured (ie broken into two parts)
so here's the corrected link to the Majorgeeks.com WinsocksXPfix.exe

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-laptop-connected-but-not-connected-twc-windows-xp-sp3.186443/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Internet Serviec throug At amp t its not wireless Originally when i got the internet i Network Not Internet Connected, Connected Had a desktop computer that it was set up on Since then I have aquired an Xbox and ASUS Notebook I went and bout a wireless Belkin Router so i could connect all three A month or so later the desktop computer which was about yrs old and had no virus protection DIED I just unconnected it from the wall now the modem AT amp T is connected to the wall phone jack the Xbox is conected by and HD connection cable to Belkin Router and My laptop is wirelessly connected we have had good connection for about months to a year Recently i have been having problems with connection and speed Ill be online connected and when clicking on say another web page it gives me the Error page where it states not Network Connected, Internet Not Connected connected to internet and has the option to quot Diagnose connection problems quot when I diagnosed it it states quot there may be a problem with your domain Server Connection name DNS quot Ive tried doing some reasearch since usually i can fix minor computer issues alone but im at a loss here The connection has been disrupted on the Xbox as well of which it states to shut down te router for sec and restarts works but keeps happening nbsp

A:Network Connected, Internet Not Connected

Well, since both machines are experiencing issues, my guess is you have modem or ISP issues. Do this with a wired connection from the laptop to eliminate wireless issues.

Register at DSLReports and run their Line Quality Tests. It's best to run this test with a direct wired connection to eliminate any wireless issues from the results. It's useful many times to run this test several times, and we'd like to see each of the results. Post the results link from the top of the test display page for each test run here.

The link to post is near the top of the page and looks like:

If you wish to post this result to a forum, please copy/paste this URL
http://www.dslreports.com/linequality/nil/2357195 <- sample only, yours will obviously be different!
and your IP will be disguised.

Copy/paste that link here.

Note: You will have to enable PING (ICMP) request response either in your router (if you have one), or in your computer's firewall for direct modem connections. This is very important to get the most important part of the test to run.
DSLReports

Here's also the Line Quality Tests FAQ to help you understand the results. This will answer some questions about the line quality display.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/network-connected-internet-not-connected.958142/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm having problems getting a VPN to work which seems to be a common problem but I cannot find connected no but Connected TCP/IP VPN Not access; network a solution Basic hardware XP VPN Connected but no network access; TCP/IP Not connected and win Ultimate computers A amp B B is the VPN server Router Thomson SpeedTouch TG v Xp Port Forward tester confirms port is open Internet access via Router or via local wireless hotspot FON I have followed the tutorials on this site VPN Connected but no network access; TCP/IP Not connected http www sevenforums com tutorials nnections html to set up the VPN at both ends so I have a special VPN user set up If XP is logged onto the LAN it will connect shows connected at both ends to the VPN using the LAN IP address etc I'm not sure what use this is as I can see the shares on B through the network anyway The VPN connection does not show up anywhere else Also rather oddly if I click on the workgroup name in Explorer I am told the workgroup is not accessible not have permission etc etc despite the fact that I can see and access the other two computers in the workgroup I copied the VPN connection changed the IP address to the external address of my router etc Logged the XP machine onto the local Wifi hotspot etc and connected again VPN connections show connected on both computers no problem The server connection is valid only for the VPNuser and as all bar TCP iPv ticked TCP iPv has Allow callers to access my network ticked Assign IP address automatically Allow caller to specify its own IP address The VPN user also shows in network Connections but IP v shows not connected Details tab is blank and 'Diagnose couldn't identify the problem I've cancelled all firewalls and AV software on both machines and I've repeated the process using the wireless connection to my router but it makes no difference Form the various posts on this subject I have also unticked use default gateway on remote network No change ensured there is a shared folder shared for the VPN user and everyone And now I'm going to beat the sh t out of a cardboard box Any suggestions welcomed

A:VPN Connected but no network access; TCP/IP Not connected

hi
i am sure i can help you but i need you to answer some questions first
are a & b on the same router
when you config the server you have to change :Assign IP address automatically: and set ip address pool anyway as you are using normal windows not server so you cant have more than one client connected at the same time
also another tip you have to change the router server to be uncommon ip address like 192.168.xx.xx
try to keep Assign IP address automatically on the client first then try with out
try to map the drive using ip address \\xxx.xxx.xx.xx\(shared local disk) example d
try to map it Assign IP address automatically is on and off
let us know if they are on the same router or not as it does make difference

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/281093-vpn-connected-but-no-network-access-tcp-ip-not-connected.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi

Windows XP is installed in my laptop. It shows windows counterfeiting issue and popup the message whenever I open the laptop. If I use internet through wire, it works fine but Wi-Fi is not connected in my system. It also doesn’t show WPA2-PSK option for network authentication. Please help and tell me how to configure Wi-Fi in my laptop.
Thanks & Regards!

A:Wi-Fi doesn't connected

Nisha1234,
Welcome to TSG.

You will need to verify which XP Service Packs you have installed;
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/tipstricks/ht/servicepackxp.htm

You should be running SP3, which should include the WPA2 update;
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=1974

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wi-fi-doesnt-connected.1048057/
Relevancy 48.59%

I am on Windows XP and have look ed through many pages here about being connected and being unable to load a webpage of any kind. I've tried lots of things suggested here but so far none work. SO, I'm just asking fresh now. I'm trying both Firefox and IE, I've configured my IP and DNS, even reset my winsocks to no avail. Says I'm connected at full strength, pinged and got 4 out of 4, but still webpages won't load. I can hook my laptop up without difficulty, but my home computer (which I just brough back from my work - it wasn't connected there) has been reconnected here at home and now just won't load pages. any suggestions?

A:Connected but can't load

Are you connecting via ethernet cable or wireless?

Also, have you installed any software, e.g. anti-virus lately?

Has anything changed that you are aware of since immediately prior to your loss of connectivity.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/connected-but-cant-load-391473.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hey guys, well I have just started experiencing this issue with my computer for the last two days now. Basically, my computer indicates that it is connected to my private home wifi with full connectivity and no obvious errors. However, whenever I try to open up a browser page or an application such as Skype or Steam, they just hang up and never load. Even my antivirus is unable to update. I am virtually locked out of the internet and I don't seem to know what the solution is. If you guys have any ideas I would love to listen to I can get this issue solved as soon as possible. Another thing to note is that all my other devices are connected to the internet and function just fine and are able to load web pages and applications. 

A:Computer is connected but won't load anything

Hi.

Does ping work to websites/external IP addresses? Do you have static IP configuration or DHCP?
Is there a posibility for that particular PC to be blocked on the WI-FI device by someone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591694/computer-is-connected-but-wont-load-anything/
Relevancy 48.16%

I have just bought a Belkin Wireless G Router, it is connected to my desktop by cable and that works fine, but i cant load anything on my laptop via wireless. It all says its connected, but when i try to load a page it doesnt work :S Im using windows XP

Can anyone tell me why this is and how to fix it? thanks

A:Wireless says im connected but nothing will load :S

Can anyone tell me why this is and how to fix it?Click to expand...

Probably because the laptop is not communicating with the router. Can't fix it until we see what the cause is.

Please show the following for both PCs ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between / and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-says-im-connected-but-nothing-will-load-s.742961/