Windows Support Forum

HP pavilion 23 all in one won't turn on

Q: HP pavilion 23 all in one won't turn on

Serial #(Personal information removed by moderator)
Product#h5q32aa#aba
Model #23-b231

My computer will not turn on at all. No sounds no lights, nothing. Please help, this is my work computer and I desperately need it

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP pavilion 23 all in one won't turn on

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP pavilion 23 all in one won't turn on

Hello harley, For your security, remove the Serial Number from your post. Go to Options and choose Edit from the dropdown menu. That is an All in One type of computer. Not much you can do with those.Check the power cord. Plug it into a different outlet, NOT a power strip to see if you get power.IF no power, it could be several things hardware related internally.It has an external power supply (DC converter block on the cord) and it could be faulty. You can also take a look at the HP trouble shooting guide. If the computer is still under warranty, you will need to contact HP Support for your area.Contact HP -USA Phone Assist | HP® Official SiteContact HP Worldwide | HP® Official Site

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-pavilion-23-all-in-one-won-t-turn-on/td-p/4686566
Relevancy 50.31%

I turned off my computer yesterday (I think) and today went to turn it on and NOTHING! I plugged it in and it still won't turn on! I'm freaking out! The light IS on by where the cord is attached to the computer. HELP!

Relevancy 50.31%

Well it stated when my screen wouldn't open with out popping off my keyboard and top panel. The left side thing that normally makes it so the screen can move is jammed for some reason but that's not the main thing right now. While trying to repair it (which I have yet to figure out) the cord that comes out of the screen and goes under the on button popped out of spot. I put it back but my computer is no longer Turing on so I need help figuring out how to make it turn on!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-g7-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5682418
Relevancy 50.31%

Laptop will not turn on.There appears to be no charge in the battery.The power pack has no light indicator on it.When the power pack is plugged into the laptop, the small light by the jack port does not light up.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-A10-will-not-turn-on/td-p/5847298
Relevancy 50.31%

Bought this computer 5 months ago and was great!  Last week, it told me that it hadn't started properly, so needed to fix something. I restarted and then it got stuck in a continual boot precess. It eventually told me that if I removed everything and started from scratch, it would work again. I did that and, success! That lasted a week, then I got the same message about needing to restart. I restarted, it crashed and now won't turn on at all. The only sign of life is one light on the side.  Help!

A:Pavilion 10 Won't Even Turn On

Hi, From your description, this sounds like a hardware issue. My best advice, as your notebook is only 5 months old and therefore still under warranty, would be to contact HP and arrange to have the notebook repaired - If needed, you can check your warranty status Here. If you live in the US, contact HP Here. If you live in the UK, contact HP Here. If you are in another part of the world, start Here. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-10-Won-t-Even-Turn-On/td-p/5680497
Relevancy 50.31%

I recently opened my HP Pavilion G7 laptop in hopes of cleaning the cooling fan.  I removed the hard drive, RAM, wireless internet card, and battery.  I then could not remove the keyboard so I stopped and put everything back together.  Ever since I did that the laptop won't turn on at all.  I don't get an error message.  The light on the power button does not even light up.  Based on a post I saw here, I tried removing the hard drive, RAM, and battery again, and plugged the laptop into the wall.  Still nothing.  It seems like either I have a major problem or something related to the power button is not functioning.  Any ideas?

A:HP Pavilion G7 Won't Turn On

Hi Rmgold1118, Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion g7 Notebook and not starting. Here is a link to computer will not start troubleshooting document.I would be happy to assist if needed as there are many models of HP Pavilion g7s, I would need the model number. How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?Please let me know.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-G7-Won-t-Turn-On/td-p/4091232
Relevancy 50.31%

Have a pavilion 15t, not even 1 year old, turned it off yesterday night won't start back up. Have tried to hard reboot. No caps lock flashing lights but power light is orange with battery plugged in adapter plugged in, blue/white without battery plugged in with adapter plugged in only. Start button doesn't cause fans to turn on or anything.

A:HP Pavilion won't turn on

Hi, Considering this sounds like a hardware issue and the fact that the notebook is less than a year old, my best advice would be to contact HP and arrange to have the notebook repaired under warranty. If you live in the US, contact HP Here. If you are in another part of the world, start Here. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5611159
Relevancy 50.31%

I took my grandparent's dv apart to replace the fan that had stoped working This morning when I went to put it back together it would not at Pavilion turn won't all on dv7 power on The night Pavilion dv7 won't turn on at all before I had powered it on several times just by plugging in the pin dc power cable that runs from the power input to the mother Pavilion dv7 won't turn on at all board in the keyboard the hard drive the wireless chip the LCD monitor usb drive and power button into the moterboard and it worked I repeated this several times with and without the battery and wireless chip Then today I screwed the mother board into the case and reattached everything properly exept the CD drive and it wouldn't power on The only light that seems to respond is the one next to the power input stays a solid white whenever the laptop is plugged in That is it The only changes that I madefrom when it was working to now were replacing the thermal grease and screwing down the heat sink plugging in the speakers and trackpad and screwing things like the mother board and keyboard down nbsp I have already tried a hard reset to no success and I have tried to power it on with just the battery without the battery with both the battery and the cord but none work There was no flashing lights or noise when i tried to turn it on I shut it dow normaly last night and now it simply won't power on nbsp If the info is pertinent the computer was shutting down due to over-heating several times in the days before I began working on it that is why I replaced the fan The laptop is a pavilion dv - cl nbsp Please Help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-dv7-won-t-turn-on-at-all/td-p/5668853
Relevancy 50.31%

Can someone help me I've tried the 30 second thing I've taken out the little thing in the back the computer chip and I still have no power on my computer on my laptop it's a G4

i need ur help its a pavilion g4 model #2149sx     2149sc

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/hp-pavilion-g4-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5626356
Relevancy 50.31%

Hey gang, So I'm pulling my hair out trying to fix this.  I have an HP Pavilion laptop that absolutely refuses to connect via wifi.  Microsoft Network Troubleshooting says to enable the wireless connectivity and brings up the Network and Internet Center.  The Wi-Fi button is off and cannot be enabled--when I do, it simply stays on OFF. I went through HP's online Support Assistant and performed all of the troubleshooting steps--and I mean ALL OF THEM.  Still no joy.  This includes uninstalling and reinstalling the adapter, updating the driver, resetting the BIOS to defaults...everything.  It still gives me the finger. Can one of you amazingly good-looking and stunningly well-educated folks give me any hints?  This is maddening! -terry-

"Always be polite to your enemies. Nothing annoys them more." (Oscar Wilde)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-can-t-turn-on-the-wi-fi/td-p/5699433
Relevancy 50.31%

When I turn it on all it does is show a flash of the blue lights showing that is is on. Then won't accept power until I unplug and let it sit for a while

A:My HP Pavilion won't turn on

Hello @CanadianJaken, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I understand that you are having an issue with the desktop starting, and wanted to assist you! To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the desktop?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? In the meantime, try reviewing the following document, and let me know how it goes:HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8) Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks! Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/My-HP-Pavilion-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5565063
Relevancy 50.31%

I've had my 64GB Pavilion x2 for less than 2 weeks and it won't tun on!  It has been plugged and is charged with the white light.  I tried unplugging and plugged back in and holding the power button down with no results. 

A:HP Pavilion x2 won't turn on

Hi @LAN1, Welcome to the HP Support Community!  I see you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion x2 Notebook and it not starting correctly. Try performing a Hard Reset.When performing a hard reset please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices.Here is a link to computer won't start for Windows.Plug the power adapter directly into a different wall outlet. Do not plug it into a power strip, surge protector, or secondary power source as this could cause and issue. Please let me know how this goes. To show that you like, or are thankful of my post, kindly click the Thumbs up below.  Thank.   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-x2-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5589571
Relevancy 50.31%

First I was having trouble getting to the login screen. It recommended a windows restore or start normally. I choose restore and it locks up on the screen where the users should be, but the page is blank. I tried entering DOS and apparently that did not work either. I turned it off with the power button and now nothing. If I hold the power button you can see a momentary flash, but still nothing. Any suggestions?

A:HP Pavilion g6 will not turn on

Remove the battery and run the laptop on the power adapter. If that works, the battery needs to be replaced. If not, there is another hardware issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavilion-g6-will-not-turn-on-672327.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a new Pavilion all-in-one Product No N AA ABG Model No -q a About a week ago it emitted a on Pavilion all-in-one won't turn couple of strange 'beeps' which stopped on turning it on amp off and PC seemed to work fine Now it won't power up The screen remains black Have gone through your on-line tips n tricks The light on the power adapter is on and the small light at the Pavilion all-in-one won't turn on back of the computer where it plugs in is also on However when we press the 'on' button at the front nbsp NOTHING happens The small light in the bottom r corner does NOT light up and there is NO sound We have tried to reset the computer by following the instructions amp co but to no effect We can't even get to the BIOS and PROS thingy phase nbsp Does this mean we might have a hardware problem Please help nbsp The only other thing i can think of is that we did leave it attached to our printer after we turned it off and then on again I read somewhere that sometimes this can cause problems as the computer thinks it has to boot up the printer as well But have done this before and there were no problems nbsp Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh the sound of a mum trying to work at home screaming in frustration nbsp Thanks in advance for people's help JennyM nbsp nbsp

A:Pavilion all-in-one won't turn on

@JennyM57 Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out  As I understand the Pavilion all-in-one won't turn on,Don't worry, please perform the below steps to resolve the issue: If the computer does not start, the LED lights do not glow, and the display is black, you can perform one or more of the following actions to resolve the no power issue:  1. Examine the adapter and power cord for physical damage2. Test the power from the AC wall outlet to the notebook connector3. Start computer using the battery only4. Check that the lid switch moves freely5. When you have completed the troubleshooting steps covered in this document, there should be power available to the computer. When you press the power button, the LEDs should glow, and you should hear the sounds of the fan and the hard drive spinning. * If the battery does not accept the charge or the notebook does not turn on without the AC adapter, contact HP to order a replacement battery. * If the LEDs do not glow, and there are no other indicators of power being available to the computer, contact HP for technical assistance in troubleshooting a potential problem with the AC power connection or the system board.* If the LEDs blink or the computer beeps, but it does not start, go to HP Notebook PCs - Troubleshooting LED Blink Codes or Beep Codes During Startup or Boot. * If the LEDs glow but the computer does not start on either battery or AC power, go to Troubleshooting Black Screen Displays with No Error Messages During Startup or Boot. Eager to help, I hope you have a good day ahead, And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-all-in-one-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5824342
Relevancy 49.45%

Any update on the power supply link? It didn't work and I'm having the exact same issue.

A:Re: HP Pavilion Slimline 400-034 won't turn on

"- the green power LED is off until you unplug the power cord and plug it back in- the green power LED stays on until the power button the the front of the computer is pressed, and then it immediately shuts off and nothing happens- the green power LED will not come back on right away if the power cord is unplugged and plugged back in immediately.  If I wait a few minutes and try again it will do the same thing as before: light up, then go off when the power button is pressed." Unless this is a magic computer that accepts keyboard commands without the power on, then no, that's not going to work. Everything dies a fraction of a second after I hit the power button.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Re-HP-Pavilion-Slimline-400-034-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5538294
Relevancy 49.45%

I apologise if I'm in the wrong category but my laptop won't turn on properly. When I turn it on it goes a blueish black as if it's loading then the hp logo comes up then it goes completely black as if it's turned off then it repeats. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-hp-pavilion-15-n270sa-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5749739
Relevancy 49.45%

My desktop computer won't turn on. It was running fine this morning, shut down normally. About 8 hours later I went to turn it on, but nothing.

The green light on the back is on. (I don't know what that means, honestly, I'm very much a layperson with this.) I switched out the power cord, but it didn't help. The surge protector it's plugged into is fine and shows no signs of a recent surge causing a problem, but just in case I plugged the computer directly into the wall, no result.

I was recently posting over in the Security forums for some trojan issues, but they were resolved several days ago. I don't think this is a virus issue at all. The computer is 3 1/2 years old.

If you have any suggestions, I would be very grateful!

Relevancy 49.45%

My laptop was working perfect last night. I opened it this morning and the screen was black and the power button was flashing. Thinking it was dead I plugged it in and the power button turned off. Now the laptop won't turn on at all.The light shows its charging orange when plugged in. When I take the battery out the charging light turns white. I've tried the hard reset, removing the battery, everything the forums have said.The laptop is only 5 months old, but there are no HP sellers near by to help correct the issue.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-pavilion-notebook-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5644949
Relevancy 49.45%

I have HP pavilion g6 bought few years ago. I wanted to restart my laptop after few updates but it is not starting after turning it on.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-pavilion-g6-is-not-starting-up-after-turn-off/td-p/5848210
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi. My pavilion dm1 has stopped turning on. When the battery is in and it is plug in, nothing happens and no lights. I tried the holding power button trick. Didnt work. When the battery is removed and it is plugged into the mains the led is lit up solid blue but nothing happens. Be great if someone can point me in right direction.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-dm1-wont-turn-on/td-p/5739975
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello (Help!),My Pavilion dv7 is not turning on. The LED lights all appear but the display remains blank, I tried the battery removal and that wwhole test yet once I held the power button for the seconds and re attached the power supply, still nothing. The light on the right next to the power light (one with three disc symbol) remians red/orange. I have also tried using a separate display and still nothing on that monitor. Please help, I am a musician with files I really need off of the desktop (really should've backed it up on my USB). On top of my online college course I need this latptop for. -Tony

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-Pavilion-Dv7-laptop-will-not-turn-on/td-p/5644800
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello, I have the HP Pavillion DV7. I loved this laptop. A few months ago it started shutting completely off while I was working on it.  All of a sudden, it turned off and will not come back on at all. I have had it plugged in and there are no lights that come on or anything. I use this for my crafting business I have on the side, and with the features and screen size, it works great for my crafting needs, and I don't want to spend the money to buy a new one. I know it is not a new laptop, but as I said it was great for what I needed. Does anyone know what may have caused this and if it would be an easy fix, if at all possible to fix? And, I bought it around 2010, so as I said, not new.  Thanks in advance! 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-PAVILION-WONT-TURN-ON/td-p/5655516
Relevancy 49.45%

I try to turn on my pc but nothing happens. I pressed down and held the power button but sadly it doesn't work. If anyone know how to solve this, please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-HP-Pavilion-x360-won-t-turn-on-and-I-ve-been-trying-for/td-p/5652169
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,I shut down my laptop last night and today it just won't start. ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAPPENS. I tried the forced reset and still nothing happens. The laptop just won't start up.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-hp-Pavilion-g6-doesn-t-turn-on/td-p/5737391
Relevancy 49.45%

hi, i'm first time user so pls overlook mistakes. my pavilion dv6 will not power up. ac power light is lit but will not turn on. i install battery and power light turns off and will not turn on. any suggestions?

A:pavilion dv6-1245dx will not turn on

Hi and Welcome to TSF.

How long does the computer turn on for? How old is the computer?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pavilion-dv6-1245dx-will-not-turn-on-687591.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I was just on my laptop, watching videos, had some documents open in the background. I went to have a shower, closed my laptop and I came back to turn it on again and it will not start. Initially the little white light by the volume button on the side was on but that turned off. The bottom of the laptop is very hot. When I plug the charger in the orange light is on. But when I press the power button nothing happens, it just gets hot again. There's also an odd smell coming from the USB port on the left hand side.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-360x-won-t-turn-on-again/td-p/5854324
Relevancy 49.45%

I went to turn on my computer (HP Pavilion a000) the other day and it wouldn't turn on. I looked in the back to make sure it was plugged in and there is a light on the back of the tower that is blinking. I'm not exactly sure what this means. I opened up the computer to make sure all the connections were tight and they were. Do you guys know what the problem could be?

A:HP Pavilion a000 will not turn on

First try: Try another PSU. Ever concidered plugging of the power cord, waiting about 15 Min and then give it another try?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-a000-will-not-turn-on.571700/
Relevancy 49.45%

My Pavilion G us will not power on nbsp When the AC adapter is plugged in and the power button is pushed a light flashes times around where the AC plugs into the PC nbsp If the battery is removed while AC is still plugged in nbsp Need Pavilion Turn On. Troubleshooting G7 Help Won't pushing the power button results in no light flashes or any Pavilion G7 Won't Turn On. Need Troubleshooting Help response at all nbsp Problem origin nbsp PC was running normaly until display brightness began to fluctuate nbsp This is because of the power options settings and the fact that the PC Pavilion G7 Won't Turn On. Need Troubleshooting Help was alternating between being charged not charged nbsp The brightness fluctuation lasted about - seconds nbsp Then it permanently stopped charging nbsp Jostling the power cord and plug had no effect nbsp The PC continued to run normally for about minutes until it ran out of battery life nbsp Upon pressing the power button to try to turn the PC back on nbsp this is when I noticed the flashes of light around the plug in nbsp I am looking for help where to begin troubleshooting nbsp I have tried the basic procedures of changing outlets hard resetting removing battery reseating the RAM and also putting the RAM into a different slot nbsp None had any effect nbsp I have read that my problem is most likely due to faulty power jack or adapter defective RAM or motherboard failure nbsp I have disassembled the laptop and after visual inspection nothing looks unordinary nbsp I have removed the power jack plug-in from the motherboard and would like to test it with a multimeter nbsp But there are wires plugged into the harness connector nbsp Any ideas on which wires I should test or any troubleshooting ideas in general would be very appreciated nbsp Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-G7-Won-t-Turn-On-Need-Troubleshooting-Help/td-p/5832060
Relevancy 49.45%

A couple years ago I had dropped my G7 and it hadn't turned on since, and I haven't bothered to try to fix it until now and it's not worth paying to get it repaired and would like to do it myself. Can I get any help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Pavilion-G7-dropped-and-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5674197
Relevancy 49.45%

My MS200 model ms213 Pavilion will not turn on, the little blue light comes on for a second when I push the button, but goes right off. It was fine last night when I went to bed. Please help

A:HELP have all in one pavilion, wont turn on

Here are some troubleshooting tips for no startup. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01884928

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HELP-have-all-in-one-pavilion-wont-turn-on/td-p/603205
Relevancy 49.45%

I went out of town for a few days, computer was unplugged.  Now it won't boot. Light by the power source is white (when battery is out) or amber (when battery is in). Capslock and wifi lights will blink on periodically. Otherwise, nada. Plz help!!!

A:HP Pavilion 14-b010us won't turn on

Hi,Please try a hard reset and see if it works.1. Power off your laptop2. Remove the a/c adapter, battery and everything that is attached to your laptop.3. Hold the 'POWER 'button down on your laptop for about 10 seconds.4. Plug in the a/c power supply (without battery) and power on.Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-14-b010us-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5712871
Relevancy 49.45%

I have an HP Pavilion Slimline - refurbished computer purchased April nbsp Had to purchase refurbished due to 400-034 won't Slimline on HP turn Pavilion very limited budget and this was the best deal we could find nbsp My nbsp DH shut down the computer yesterday and now today it won't turn on nbsp I have followed the troubleshooting steps here on HP Pavilion Slimline 400-034 won't turn on the HP website and have discovered the following - the green power nbsp LED is off until you unplug the power cord and plug it back in- the green power LED stays on until the power button the the front of the computer is pressed and then it immediately shuts off and nothing happens- the green power LED will not come back on right away if the power cord is unplugged and plugged back in immediately nbsp If I wait a few minutes and try again it will do the same thing as before light up then go off when the power button is pressed nbsp Any ideas what I should do here nbsp It is not under any type of warranty of any kind nbsp Should I call HP support or someone else nbsp nbsp I'm devastated - tried to save money and make a wise choice and now I feel like that was a horrible decision

A:HP Pavilion Slimline 400-034 won't turn on

Hello @bazmom, Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.I understand that your newly purchased HP Pavilion Slimline 400-034 Desktop PC and when you push the start button the green light goes out. I am providing you with an HP Support document: Troubleshooting Power Supply Issues, which will guide you through the process of identifying what is wrong and provide you with a solution. Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a wonderful day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Pavilion-Slimline-400-034-won-t-turn-on/td-p/4749822
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,

I am unable to turn on my wireless capability on my HP Pavilion dv3 1124.

I have a wireless network that is working within the house, problem seems to be simply turning the "orange to blue"....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Relevancy 49.45%

Hello,
My grandmother recently dropped off her HP Pavilion DV7-4073nr Laptop because it would not turn on. I'm not saying it doesn't boot, I'm saying it simply just would not turn on, not even to the BIOS screen. (No, I'm not an idiot, I plugged in the thing.) When I press the power button, I just hear the fans spinning, and it abruptly turns off. I've tried this several times already and it just would not power on. I suspect this is a power supply issue. I don't think it has anything to do with the hard drive, as it doesn't even have time to access it before the darn thing just shuts off. Please help.

Thanks in advance!

A:HP Pavilion DV7-4073nr Won't Turn On

Try first to clear the power circuits. Do this, exactly as told:Remove the battery and disconnect charger
Now press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds
Wait 15 minutes
Connect the charger
Try to boot
If laptop boots now, shut it down, insert the battery and try again

Kari

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/288260-hp-pavilion-dv7-4073nr-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I was told my motherboard was bad which is why the computer fails to turn on.  New motherboard in place, plug in green light is on.  Press power button, no light (white or otherwise comes on.   Does anyone know how to tell if the functionality of the power button is bad, if so how to trouble shoot. Thanks BHK

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-PAVILION-22bw-will-not-turn-on/td-p/5840632
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi there I have been back from college for some time now and have been using my desktop computer rather than my laptop for things lately I pulled out my laptop today and tried to start it When I pressed the power button the computer on light came on for a few seconds then it just Turn Pavilion On Laptop HP zv5000 Not Does flashed on and off at about one second intervals Now I ve repaired computers HP Pavilion zv5000 Laptop Does Not Turn On and a laptop or two before and it seems like it could be one of these three things The processor has died The BIOS chip has become unusable The motherboard itself could ve HP Pavilion zv5000 Laptop Does Not Turn On died I m fairly certain that number one on the list has occurred I have pulled the stick of RAM out and reseated it to no avail I have even tried booting it up without the memory and it did the exact same thing The power light comes on steady for a few seconds then begins blinking There is no noise no fans hd etc when being powered up either all off of A C adapter If anybody knows if I m right or not please post a reply before I start tearing this laptop apart to see if I can replace the processor Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

i have a 3 year old pavilion dv7 and it wont turn on at all, battery is fully charged and even when just the power cord is plugged in it shows its getting power, but still wont turn on.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/hp-pavilion-dv7-wont-turn-on-even-when-plugged-in-without/td-p/5665491
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an HP pavilion laptop (not really sure what kind though) and it keeps shutting down out of nowhere even when the batter is fully charged. This is the second time this has happened to me. Last time this happened was last week and a few days later after it shut down it turned on again without any adjustments or recalibrations. It is currently not turning on and I have tried holding down the power button down for a minute without the battery or charger intact and it still wont turn on. However, when I plug in the charger and click the power button the power will turn on for a split second then shut down right away again. Also when I plug in the charger, there is a blinking led light right next to the charger port, but Im not sure what that indicates.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-will-shut-down-without-warning-and-will-turn/td-p/5666095
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, From a few months, my HP Pavilion 17 Notebook don't turn off correctly. When a click to "Shut Down" on Windows 10, the OS seems to turn off (no images on the screen), but the lights on the computer still on (fixed lights). I must unplug the computer to turn it off permanently. Here are the specifications:Windows 10 64-bitsIntel Core i3-4030U CPU 1.90GHzRAM 4GoProduct nb: K6D03EA#ABF Thanks,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-17-Notebook-won-t-turn-off-correctly/td-p/5637761
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a care pack and the registration number but I can't tell the model number. The lap top will not turn on.  It is plugged in and the white light is on near where the power cord is plugged in.  I have tried a hard reset but it doesn't work.  My computer is two years old!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/my-HP-Pavilion-will-not-turn-on-and-I-can-t-fine-the-model/td-p/5597029
Relevancy 49.02%

I just bought this new laptop about 2 months ago.so yesterday after shutting it down with the power cable attached,i tried to turn it on again but with no success.the power button lighted up when i pushed it but after few seconds the light went off.the fans,the screen and everything didnt seems to work too.i thought maybe the battery were running low so i left it charging until its full.later when i turn it on again its still the same.pls help me.

A:Hp pavilion x360 wont turn on!

First I would like to ask does the light show up right beside where you charge it(orange when charging white when done charging)? So if we can see if its just a simple problem with your cable, and if it doesnt show a light tell me if the charger works on other laptops.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-pavilion-x360-wont-turn-on/td-p/4261160
Relevancy 49.02%

When I plug my laptop in it won't do anything

A:My hp pavilion 15 p214dx wont turn on

Hi there @Natedawg69?,  Thank you for joining in on the HP Support Forums and Welcome! This is a great place to ask questions, find solutions and get help from others in the community! I read your post on the HP Support Forums. I wanted to reach out to you and help! I understand that the display on your HP Pavilion 15 p214dx Notebook PC will not turn on for you.  Please note remove any and all USB devices. Disconnect all non-essential devices, as these could cause some issues. Can you hear the fan kick in at all? If so, have you connected the Notebook to an external monitor or TV? Please try this step first to see if the display on the external Monitor or TV is black also.  Have you tried performing a hard reset?Did you receive any error messages?Do you have any beep codes or blinking LED lights? How long has this been happening for?Have you done a BIOS reset?Did you do any Windows updates before this started? If you manage to get the Notebook to come back on using the troubleshooting links in the questions above, please try: A Hardware Test. HP provides diagnostic software that you can use to test hardware components on your computer; to rule out or confirm hardware failures when something is wrong. There are two system tests; Quick Test and an Extensive Test. The Quick Test checks the system for basic functionally of the main components. The Extensive Test is designed to comprehensively test the system components.  Please let me know if I answered your question by clicking the 'Thumbs up' if the troubleshooting steps in this post resolved the issue for you please click the 'Accept as Solution' button. This will allow other's who have the same issue to find the solution also. If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please just re-post with the results of the troubleshooting.  Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-hp-pavilion-15-p214dx-wont-turn-on/td-p/5372640
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I cannot get my wifi to turn on, when I hold the fn and f12 buttons nothing happens. However if i just tap the f12 button my airplane mode comes on. I have tried many suggestions none of which have worked. My wifi was working fine two days ago.Please help. Thanks, Tam

A:My Hp Pavilion G6 Laptop will not let me turn my wifi on. It...

Hello, please ensure you create a system restore point on the notebook and backup complete data.  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545 please keep tapping ESC as you turn the notebook on it should take you to STARTUP MENU  press F10 - no - press F9 to load setup defaults then press F10 to save and exit  iF not then uninstalled the wireless drivers from device manager  if still no go please update the bios and wif drivers from HP WEBSITE  http://support.hp.com/us-en Regards ,

I'm an HP Employee.The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.Regards,Vijay

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-Hp-Pavilion-G6-Laptop-will-not-let-me-turn-my-wifi-on-It/td-p/5779703
Relevancy 49.02%

Wifi switch doesn't turn on. Airplane on off switch works.How do I make it slide to the right an turn on Wi-Fi?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Wifi-does-not-turn-on-on-pavilion-g7-windows-8/td-p/5712335
Relevancy 49.02%

my model number is G6S68UA and my wireless button will not show on the screen beside airplane mode nor is it picking up wireless. I have read other forums and some say to press wireless button on keyboard but there is not one. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-to-turn-on-wireless-on-my-hp-pavilion-14-v062us/td-p/5645691
Relevancy 49.02%

my hp pavilion laptop doesn't turn on. i took it to some local technician and after some observation they suggested that it is the motherboard that had failed. the laptop itself keeps showing the light on the power button, the light on the ac adapter, and a light on the caps lock button. what could really be the problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-hp-pavilion-laptop-doesn-t-turn-on/td-p/5810355
Relevancy 49.02%

We bought brand new - and pluged in to charge and we can't get the PC / Tablet to turn on?  We have connected to the AC Power cord...we have unconnected all items and charged for 30 mins and still nothing.What are we missing??  

A:HP Pavilion x2 Detachable PC - brand new won't turn on.

@tsmith223 , Hello and welcome to the HP support forums. First thing I would try is a full charge for 24 hours and see if that helps if not please post back. Thank you agian for posting and have a great day.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-x2-Detachable-PC-brand-new-won-t-turn-on/td-p/4796844
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I am looking to upgrade my HP Pavilion 500-214 to run games smoothly. I am looking at upgrading my video card and power supply but, I am unsure on what is compatible with my current motherboard. I am very new to building a gaming pc and was looking for some insite. I was looking at getting a NVidia GTX 750 ti and upgrading to a gold rated power supply probably 600w. My utimate goal is to run games like GTA 5, Fallout 4, The Divison, So on so forth on HIgh or Very High Graphics. Your help would be very much appreciated! Thank you!

A:Turn HP Pavilion to gaming computer

@ATSweatt?, welcome to the forum. The best way to determine which video cards will do what you need is, run a search for each game that you want to play for system requirements.  This will tell you the Minimum Requirements and the Recommended Requirements.  For instance, Fallout 4 shows Minimum - GeForce GTX 550Ti and Recommended - GeForce GTX 780.  Since you want to play the games at high or very high settings, the Recommended Requirements would be what you need.  I like EVGA products.  Their Tech Support (1-888-881-3842) is very good.  I suggest contacting them to determine which is the best card for your system and needs.  They are the experts on their products. The power supply unit (PSU) is much easier.  Any standard ATX PSU will work.  I suggest measuring the existing PSU and comparing them to the one that you choose.  For either of the video cards above, a 600W PSU would be fine.  You should add at least 100W above what the video card needs to run properly.  This will give you extra power for peak times.  I like Corsair products.  A modular PSU is very good for smaller cases.  This allows you to use only the cables that are absolutely necessary. Now, I have given you a lot of information to consider.  I would like you to find the video card and PSU that you want.  Then, come back and we will discuss your choices.  This is the way to get experience on reading specs.  Always read Customer Reviews to see what users have to say about them.  Newegg normally has the best Specifications information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Turn-HP-Pavilion-to-gaming-computer/td-p/5723952
Relevancy 49.02%

HP pavilion won't turn on, not even being charged, light by charger port is orange and my caps locks light blinks and the power indicator light is on white and still, usually is blinks. Nothing has been spilled on it and it hasn't been dropped. I tried holding the power button for 12 sec and nothing.

A:Hp pavilion protect smart won't turn on

Also on an additional note the power light is not on and I just upgraded to Windows 10 about 4 days ago...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-pavilion-protect-smart-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5636201
Relevancy 49.02%

My Hp pavilion dv4- 2145dx? and my laptop screens stays black but the key board stays on like the caps lock and the number lock, the mouse, volume, and the wifi light they all turn on and so do the fans but the caps and num lock blink every second at this point i dotn know what to do can anyone help 

A:my hp pavilion dv4 screen wont turn on but the cap, and num ...

Hi, First, try a Hard Reset as follows. Shut down the notebook, unplug the AC Adapter and then remove the battery.  Hold  down the Power button for a full minute.  Re-insert the battery, plug in the AC Adapter and see if the notebook will start. If it still doesn't start, is there a sequence to the 'blinks' that you can match to the table below?  Regards, DP-K?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-hp-pavilion-dv4-screen-wont-turn-on-but-the-cap-and-num/td-p/1009127
Relevancy 49.02%

I have a care pack and the registration number but I can't tell the model number. The lap top will not turn on.  It is plugged in and the white light is on near where the power cord is plugged in.  I have tried a hard reset but it doesn't work.  My computer is two years old!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-HP-Pavilion-will-not-turn-on-and-I-can-t-fine-the-model/td-p/5597029
Relevancy 49.02%

When I try to turn my laptop on, the power button lights up, the fans run for a second, and then ceases. The power light stays on, and a light on the capslock key turns on and off repeatadly. The screen does not turn on at all. I would normally try a hard reset, but it does not have a removable battery. I have tried holding the power button for 15 seconds, but that doesn't do anything different. My laptop isn't included in this list, http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01684768 so I am not sure how else to do a hard reset. Help please! Many thanks

A:HP Pavilion x360 PC 11-n000na will not turn on

I have had no luck finding a hard reset guide for your model. If you are still in warranty I would give HP Support a call.If you live in the US/CA, contact HP info Here. If you live in another part of the world, start here>>Contact HP 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-x360-PC-11-n000na-will-not-turn-on/td-p/5039709
Relevancy 49.02%

I bought this at the end of August, as something to use when I was away from home. Took it away in Sept, all worked fine, til one day I tried to turn it on and it wouldn't. Eventually got it to work by holding down the power key. Now it's intermittent: sometimes works fine, sometimes takes repeated attempts, sometimes I have to hold it down and get the CMOS message. Any ideas how to fix this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-x2-10-n154na-detachable-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5816679
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello, my laptop HP Pavilion 15-g002nc suddenly won't turn on after a year and a half of working perfectly. I have tried hard reset, it didn't help. When I press the power button, the LED lights (wifi indicator as well as power indicator on the side) come on for 5 seconds, then turn off. No flashing though, they just stay on for 5 seconds. Other than this, it doesn't show any signs of life, no sound or vibration. Is there something I can do to fix it?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-15-g002nc-wont-turn-on/td-p/5615843
Relevancy 49.02%

HelloCannot turn laptop on. Power cord in and the indicator light is on (next to the power port) but when I push the power button absolutely no response. Not even the fan kicks in, it's like it's dead. Any help greatly appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-have-a-hp-pavilion-g6-2102au-wont-turn-on/td-p/5699596
Relevancy 49.02%

The HDD light doesn't come on, either The power light and the volume/quickplay lights come on, too. I've tried switching hard drives and RAM, but neither has worked. I've also tried the "take out the battery and hold down the power button for 30 seconds" thing to no avail. Where should I start?

Relevancy 49.02%

I have a HP Pavilion dv6358se. I cannot turn mute off. I followed the instructions to correct this on the HP Help forums site. They said to update the Bios. The Bios in my PC is dated 2007, the current Bios is dated 2010. I followed their procedure to install that Bios update which was SP48121.exe.

A Phoenix Secure WinFlash window opens, I click "Flash BIOS, and I get a Phoenix Secure WinFlash error message saying, "The Input File 'BIOS.WPH' can not be found. A valid file name must be specified to continue."

Unfortunately HP Help forum did not have anything on this.

Can anyone help me with this?

Relevancy 49.02%

My laptop refuses to turn on. Let me describe the problem.So once I press the power button, the power light turns on for half a second and makes a small noise before going back off. It keeps repeating the same thing over and over till I disconnect the battery. I initially thought this was happening because the battery was drained, so I connected it to the power adapter and I let it charge all the way but the problem still persists. The screen doesn't turn on, so I can't see any error code. I don't know if the small noise is some kind of error code or something else.I last used the laptop yesterday and i believe I shut it down after using it. It doesn't seem to work today. I don't know what the problem might be.Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks you!

A:Pavilion 15 Laptop doesn't turn on

Were you able to charge the battery up to the point where the led changed color to white, which indicates a full charge? If you remove the battery and connect the power adapter, does the notebook boot to the login screen when you press the power button?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-15-Laptop-doesn-t-turn-on/td-p/5684316
Relevancy 49.02%

hii have a hp laptop dv7i push the start buton but can not turn on the screen still blackthe caps lock and num lock light are flashing

A:my hp pavilion DV7 it does not turn on ( the screen is black...

Sometimes electrical components needs to have all power sources removed and reintroduced to work properly.  Try performing a hard reset first, if it doesn't work then we'll move to the next step.  To Perform A Hard Reset Shut down the computer by going to the Start menu and selecting shut down. (If you have no display, hold the power button down for  5 seconds); (if the computer doesn't power on, move to the next step)Disconnect the AC Adapter from the notebook.Remove the battery from the bottom of the notebook.  There will be a switch/button to eject the battery.Wait at least 1 minute with all power sources disconnected.Re-insert the battery and reconnect the AC Adapter and then attempt to power on the notebook.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/my-hp-pavilion-DV7-it-does-not-turn-on-the-screen-is-black/td-p/2344901
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer just won't turn on anymore. I tried almost everything on the forums about how to turn it back on. But it still won't turn on. So I took it to a local computer repair shop, they said my mother board is damaged. But they didn't look at the mother board, they just tested out the power cord and see if it gives off the right amount of amps. They said it does. So I'm lost and don't know what to do, this is my first computer and I use it for just about everything. If anyone has a tip or two that would be helpful.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/My-HP-Pavilion-All-in-One-27-n113w-Touch-can-not-turn-on/td-p/5835551
Relevancy 49.02%

When I tried  to turn on my desktop, nothing at all. Switch clicked as usual, but nothing. Green light under power cord is blinking. I tried the 3 step disconnect cords, power too,  held power button 30 secs and then connect mouse keyboard and power. Still nothing. I tried a new lithium battery 2032, still nothing. Any ideas

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/my-2008-hp-pavilion-desktop-won-t-turn-on-at-all/td-p/5750806
Relevancy 49.02%

The power light flickers on sometimes when plugged in, but never stays on.

Relevancy 49.02%

This computer was plugged in and running when the power went out in the house nbsp The computer now won't turn on nbsp The green light on the power supply is on and not flashing nbsp I tested the Motherboard power connector with a multimeter and all of the wires tested within normal ranges nbsp I swapped out the motherboard with a known good motherboard nbsp The machine still won't turn on nbsp What else could be wrong nbsp I don't think this PSU has a built in fan so the only fan I have to on won't Slimline Pavilion HP s3500f turn test is the one that is attached to the motherboard nbsp It won't run either nbsp nbsp There is a manual power button that needs to be pressed to turn on the computer so I wonder if the problem is related to that power button nbsp But I don't know how to test that nbsp nbsp Is there a way that I can turn on the computer internally without that power button

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-Slimline-s3500f-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5660085
Relevancy 49.02%

What do I need to upgrade?

It's an Hp Pavilion a1106n

Processor: Pentium 4 CPU 2.93GHz
Video card: Intel
RAM space: 504 MB
Hard Disc space: 149 GBs

A:Turn old HP Pavilion into gaming computer?

If you are going to play high resolution games. I think you need to buy a new PC. You need to have at least a dual core PC with 1-2 gig RAM and 1gig Video card. The hard disc space dont need to be upgrade.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/turn-old-hp-pavilion-into-gaming-computer.858292/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi everyone, I bought the brand new HP Pavilion X2 from Costco few months ago, and I think i dont like the power button at all, and I find it really difficult for me to turn the tablet on even though it was being charged or not. Sometimes, it works perfectly, sometime I get failed after several attempts of pressing and holding down the power button, but no signal light occurs. I did search the problem and I think it comes from the manufacture, and one of the solution I have seen is to bring it to the store and exchange, but I bought it in Costco, Can I bring it to Costco and ask for that service ? What should I do now ?  Thanks.Nghia Huynh 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Power-button-of-HP-pavilion-X2-is-hard-to-turn-on/td-p/5788618
Relevancy 48.59%

EVERY time I shut my computer down then start it again I get a blue screen saying it didn't start properly to restart or go through a bunch of options to try and fix it. The only one that works is to set everything back to factory settings and have it re-install windows 10 again. This is getting tiresome and am thinking of taking the computer back and getting a different brand.Is there any help for this problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Have-to-factory-reset-every-time-I-turn-on-my-HP-Pavilion/td-p/5638623
Relevancy 48.59%

I turned it off properly in the evening, then, on the next day I could'n turn in on at all! I thonght it was the cable with the AC adapter, but I cheked it on another laptop and it is fine.When I press the button, it blinks for a second and thats it. I removed the battery, but woth or without it it is all the same! Can somebody halp me with that? thanx!

A:My laptop "Pavilion dv 6000" wont turn on at all!

I have the same problem with my laptop now. The lights turn on but nothing else happens and it appears to try and restart after about a minute. I have replaced the power cord and thinking about replacing the battery, which is costly. Did you find a solution for yours? I am researching online before spending the big $$$ to fix it! Thanks for any info!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/My-laptop-quot-Pavilion-dv-6000-quot-wont-turn-on-at-all/td-p/44089
Relevancy 48.59%

Hp pavilion 21 touch smart WILL NOT boot/turn on my computer tried to update to Window 10 and  when I turn it on it shows a black screen with a blue box that says:Boot Device not found.Please install an operating system on your hard diskHard disk (3Fo)F2 System diagnostics no diskcame with computer I need a boot up disk how do I make one and install on my computer

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-pavilion-21-touch-smart-WILL-NOT-boot-turn-on/td-p/5621772
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello. I may have turned of my wireless capability accidentally by clicking a combination during a game. I used google to fix this problem but nothing helped yet. Some solutions that I have found and tried already:- turned on my laptop and clicked F10 & F9 (default pop up I clicked no)- Network and Sharing Center / Change adapter settings / right click enable (wireless icon)- configure / Power Management/ Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power (deactivated)Nothing helped yet. The windows network diagnostics still says "Turn on wireless capability".I use the HP Pavilion 15-p204ng and Windows 7 (64 bit). I hope someone can help me please!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Turn-on-wireless-capability-HP-Pavilion-15-p204ng/td-p/5597583
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello nbsp This is the first time I am using on turn Wifi G6-1234sa Pavilion on to HP Unable this forum so I hope someone can please help me I have had to clean install Windows Home Premium nbsp on my HP Pavilion G - sa now I am unable to turn the Wifi adapter on I have tried all the drivers listed on the HP website under the HP Pavilion G - sa model and none of them work I have Unable to turn on Wifi on HP Pavilion G6-1234sa tied to turn the Wifi Unable to turn on Wifi on HP Pavilion G6-1234sa adapter on with Fn F and just pressing F alone but that doesn t work either I have gone through Unable to turn on Wifi on HP Pavilion G6-1234sa the entire forum to find a solution to the issue I am facing however none of the suggestions I tried worked nbsp Please can someone guide me to the correct Wifi driver for this model and how I can turn the adapter on nbsp These are the drivers I have tried for this model nbsp Realtek RTL CE bgn Wireless LAN Driver SP Realtek RTL CE Wireless LAN Driver June SP Wifi Driver June SP nbsp Thank you so much for your help

A:Unable to turn on Wifi on HP Pavilion G6-1234sa

Hi: Please post the hardware ID for the wireless card, so I can figure out what driver you need for it. To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and there should be a device listed as a Network Controller found under an Other Devices category. Click on the Network Controller device, and then click on the Details tab at the top of the Network Controller window. Now you will see a Property drop down list and it will be set on Device Description. Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's). Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Unable-to-turn-on-Wifi-on-HP-Pavilion-G6-1234sa/td-p/5654746
Relevancy 48.59%

The Laptop Was Stuck In The Sleep Mode, And When I Tried To Wake It Up, It Wouldn't Do Anything. So Then I Took The Battery Out For A Minute And Put It Back In, And Still Nothing. The Weird Thing Is The Port Where The Power Cord Is Pluged In Is The Only Light On, Nothing Else Will Turn On. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Pavilion-dv7-6163us-Will-Not-Turn-Back-On-Anymore/td-p/5639123
Relevancy 48.59%

How do I turn on my internal webcam?HP Pavilion g7   serial [edited by Moderator     Product LF156UA#ABA

Solved!
View Solution.

A:How do I turn on my internal webcam?HP Pavilion g7 serial ...

Click windows start button and type "Cyberlink YouCam" in search box and from search results open youcam software to activate webcam on the Notebook

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-do-I-turn-on-my-internal-webcam-HP-Pavilion-g7-serial/td-p/845207
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi there,  I have no previously experienced any issue with this laptop and its wifi connectivity, however, after starting the laptop the wifi button did not turn blue as it usually does on start up. It did not turn blue afer pressing it either, and my wireless drivers are up to date currently.  Does anyone have any solutions to this issue? I would very much appreciate the help.  Please let me know if you need any more details.  Phoebe.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Pavilion-DV6-Wireless-button-will-not-turn-blue/td-p/5637903
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello, I have been having a problem with my hp pavilion dv6000. I wanted to clean out the fan, so I took apart the whole thing. It was open and I was still able to turn it on. After having it off for a night, it wouldn't turn on! What happens when I press the power button with only the power cable plugged in, is that the fan spins for a second, a few of the LEDs turn on, and then it turns off for a second. Then it turns off, then on. Just a side note, when the power cable is plugged in, the blue LED at the power dock stays on.

A:Hp Pavilion running Windows 7 will not turn on after disassembling

Hi there Filip12345,

Dissassemble your laptop once more and this time, check to make sure there's no loose connections. Re-seat the ram and hard-drive. Also, try turning on the computer with only the AC adapter plugged in...disconnect the laptop battery. Hope everything works out well for you and let me know how it goes.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/hp-pavilion-running-windows-7-will-not-turn-on-after-disassembling-750433.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello good evening or morning in my country it is like p m nbsp I have an nbsp HP Pavilion dv laptop for quite a long time Now i have boot on Pavilion HP or 6c65ed doesn't dv6 turn a very big problem nbsp I was searching on the internet and suddenly it stopped working It restarted and after logging in it stopped working No lights no fan noise No anything nbsp Even when the charger is connected no signs of life I even bought a new battery HP Pavilion dv6 6c65ed doesn't turn on or boot but it won't work either nbsp If you press the startbutton absolutely nothing happens nbsp When you connect the power adapter the adapter makes weird beep sounds like every second And if you look next to the charging port on the laptop you see the charching light blinking at the same time as you hear the beep 's But still no working laptop nbsp I tried a hard reset holding powerbutton for seconds but it didn't achieve anything nbsp nbsp My last hope can you help me nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-dv6-6c65ed-doesn-t-turn-on-or-boot/td-p/5598092
Relevancy 48.59%

When I push the turn on button the lights turn on except for the screen it stays completely black. What might be the problem?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/hp-pavilion-dv1520us-screen-wont-turn-on/td-p/5837083
Relevancy 48.59%

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/v2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=c04691028&doctype=data%20sheet&doclang=EN_GB&s... in HP official data sheet it is mentioned Keyboard         Full-size backlit keyboard with integrated numeric keypad please check above link to data sheet.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-turn-on-backlit-keyboard-on-HP-Pavilion-Notebook-15/td-p/5663237
Relevancy 48.16%

My  HP Pavilion laptop will not strart  up programs.  It will turn on,  HP logo comes on, white round cirles go round and round screen goes black  . then the HP logo comes on , circles go round and round "Restart: pops up , screen goes black   and over and over.  Did the Hard Reboot.  did not work. HELP!!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-15-quot-Touch-laptop-turn-on-but-does-not-open/td-p/5714291
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi,2 weeks ago I updated my windows 10 (anniversary update) and after few days the wifi button does not tun on wifi but instead turning on and off airoplan mode and stays red (does not show wihte light). I tried various methods, tried updating wifi driver in device manager, uninstall the driver and then reinstalled, restarted the system, checked the bios settings to default, vistided various blogs, hp site for similar problems, removed battery, visited troubleshooting in control panel, installed old version windows 10, then updated the windows along with the drivers, and thus tried all the availble methods but invain. And there is no driver available on HP site for windows 10. Please suggest me some way to start the wifi working.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-Pavilion-DM4-3001TX-Wifi-Button-Doesn-t-Turn-On-after/td-p/5831134
Relevancy 48.16%

my  dv7 1020us wont turn on. the battery is brand new and left in for 9 months, not charged.  Now it wont turn on and the indicator lights are blinking 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/pavilion-dv7-wont-turn-on-but-the-indicator-lights-are/td-p/5783222
Relevancy 48.16%

I just bought a hp pavilion dv2745se part of the hp pavilion dv6000 series six months ago, and it has recently started crashing whenever it either A. Goes into sleep mode, or B: when i shut the screen. I haven't messed with any of the setting recently so I am baffled at why this is happening.

A:HP pavilion dv6000 Does not turn back on when it goes into sleep mode

Please update all your drivers:

=> HP Drivers <=

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv6000-does-not-turn-back-on-when-it-goes-into-sleep-mode.113179/
Relevancy 48.16%

Last night in a sleepy stupor I unplugged my Hp pavilion without shutting it down usually no problem right? This morning I tried starting it up and got a flashing green light on the back of psu. It doesn't go away until after about 2 minutes of it being unplugged. If I plug in the PSU without the mobo cord plugged in the light is a steady light like everything is working. Someone told me to take an eletrical wire and put on end into a black psu wire and the other into the green mobo connector wire.(terminated wire into terminator) Does anyone have any other advice it's really my friends computer and I was wondering if there's a fix or do I have to shell out for a new psu.

A:HP Pavilion a6217c won't turn on after accidentally pulling plug

Of course, the fix would depend on what is actually wrong the PC. It could be the power supply but my money is on a fried motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-a6217c-wont-turn-on-after-accidentally-pulling-plug.153926/
Relevancy 48.16%

Pavilion g6 will not turn on. Caps lock light blinking, have taken out battery and held on start button down for 30 seconds still nothing. Screen is blankLight is on by charging cord, on button light is on and caps lock light is blinking.Please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-g6-will-not-turn-on-Caps-lovk-light-blinking-have/td-p/5721749
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi I got this notebook new in November  and in January it died, it was sent to HP and it took them til the end of April to fix it, it was the mother board. The bloody thing has just died again. My oh noticed the battery was low earlie so plugged the charger in but didn't notice it wasn't charging until the battery completely ran out. He plugged said charger in again but nothing, the notebook will not turn on nor does the charger seem to work, we changed the fuse and still nothing. If you press the on button there is a rapid flashing light on the left hand side of the notebook which seems to be the charging light but the notebook remains unresponsive. Any ideas please? Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pavilion-laptop-won-t-turn-on-at-all-charging-light-flashes/td-p/5621936
Relevancy 47.3%

Im having a big issue here but i dont know y my laptop is not working right the ac adapter works and i put in a new battery i had it plugged in for three hours and nothing the light is on next to the charging dock but the lighting bolt keeps flashing and wont cut off i tried to power on the laptop all the light and fan go on but then cuts off i tried hard reset and that didnt work at all please help me here i dont know what to do and fix it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-pavilion-dv7-3160us-wont-turn-on-lighing-bolt-flashing/td-p/5721444
Relevancy 47.3%

My neighboor has a Pavilion P6710f that won't turn on. The green light on the power supply is steady. My Dell Inspiron had the same problem a few months ago and after replacing the power supply it works fine.  how can I tell if the power supply in this Hp needs to be replaced?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Pavilion-P6710f-won-t-turn-on-Steady-green-light-on-power/td-p/5790320
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello,I have a new HP Pavilion dv9000 CTO Notebook and I love it...BUT I'd REALLY REALLY like to be able to turn off the annoying beeping sound that happens everytime you press the media buttons above the keyboard. It's a really high-pitched chirp sound. I've heard rumors that you can fix it with BIOS but I don't know how to do that...I've also heard that it's very complicated. Any ideas?Thanks!Elizabeth

A:Turn Off Annoying Media Button Beeps (hp Pavilion Notebook)

Have you looked for the settings in your keyboard in the Control panel? Or maybe, you might find those sound controls in your Control Panel-Sounds and Audio Devices Properties. Look for the Sounds tab and scroll through it. I can contain more than just the Windows sound settings. I have one software program that put a couple of its sound settings there. If you find them, change each to "none" and then save it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/111382/turn-off-annoying-media-button-beeps-hp-pavilion-notebook/