Windows Support Forum

HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the pr...

Q: HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the pr...

When I go to open HP MediaSmart, on the drop down menu I click on Video. It opens briefly and about 5 seconds I get the message "HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the prgram to stop working correctly. Windows will notify me if a solution is available. I ran the sfc.exe (system file checker tool from microsoft as administrator) and it passed with result of "windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".I can play a DVD, i can open my photos but I can't view my videos or load any new ones using HP MediaSmart.I have restarted the computer several times with no help.Any suggestions?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Media-Video-has-stopped-working-A-problem-stopped-the/td-p/5786575
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Media Video has stopped working. A problem stopped the pr...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 94.6%

I have Windows Media Player 11, Vista Home Premium. Earlier today I decided to download a couple of new skins for the WMP from the Microsoft site, but once I'd downloaded them, I couldn't get them to open, and merely passing over their names with the mouse caused the program to stop functioning. I managed to remove the two skins, and now I just have two interfaces listed, the default one and Revert. Selecting Revert also causes the program to close down; I'd like to remove this name, but can't because I get the error message before I can click on remove.
Any ideas as to why this problem has surfaced, and how I can remove Revert? (couldn't find where it is stored using the search function). Thanks.
Florio

A:Windows Media Player has stopped working ... yes, but not the usual problem!

Try running a System Restore from a point before you downloaded - (System Restore - How to[11]=Backup%20Restore). You'll have to reinstall any updates or programs you've installed since then, but, obviously, not the Media Center ones.

Ed

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/277225-windows-media-player-has-stopped-working-yes-but-not-usual-problem.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello All I m new to the site and after having been tasked to fix my girlfriends computer I m left scratching my head I don t know what she or her son did to this machine but everything I have tried has not worked So any help would be greatly appreciated Machine - Dell Inspriron INSP OS - Vista -bit SP Issues - Cannot start internet browsers outside of safe mode Every time I have tried I get an APPCRASH Error IE - Internet Explorer has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp d d Fault Module Name iexplore exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp d d Exception Code c Exception Offset d OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Firefox Stopped stopped starting Process Client DNS Host Errors. IE and Working, APPCRASH working has Firefox, (Rundll32) Has and When - Firefox has Stopped Working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name firefox exe Application Version Application Timestamp fda Fault Module Name firefox exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp fda Exception Code c Exception Offset b OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f When trying to get into Control Panel gt Internet Options Windows host process Rundll has stopped working Problem Signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name rundll exe Application Version Application Timestamp b e Fault Module Name rundll APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp b e Exception Code c d Exception Offset a OS Version Locale ID Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Additional Information fd Additional Information ea f fe aaa d f Intermittently after logging in DNS Client has stopped working Hasn t happened since I APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors. ran AVG PC Tuneup I do not have a problem signature at this time Though I do remember the fault was in svchost exe DNS or something like that I will post it if it happens again What I ve done is install AVG Malwarebytes Spybot S amp D and AVG PC tuneup All have found problems And fixed some of them though I still cannot get online I have tried to do a startup repair without the Windows Disk but I cannot log in Any ideas or help you may have would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:APPCRASH When starting IE and Firefox, DNS Client Has Stopped Working, and Host Process (Rundll32) has stopped working Errors.

Here is the DNS client has stopped working error

DNS Client has stopped working

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: svchost.exe_Dnscache
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918b89
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18327
Fault Module Timestamp: 4cb73436
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000250fb
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.2
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 7373
Additional Information 2: 38d9ec761cde35dc7ff9a3014cbc1e9a
Additional Information 3: 007a
Additional Information 4: f2126b35ab5de9a1c961e83e18b5e24b

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/460265/appcrash-when-starting-ie-and-firefox-dns-client-has-stopped-working-and-host-process-rundll32-has-stopped-working-errors/
Relevancy 86.43%

My screen on this laptop (Dell Inspiron 1520, Windows 10, 4gb max memory) had gone virtually dark, in the right light you could faintly see the screen being active. Without the availability of the screen, I utilized the external monitor output AND the SVGA option output to 2 different flat screen TV's which both options worked for months! Then that stopped, yet you can see and hear the hard drive working in reaction to my interactivity?. I promptly replaced the graphics card! THAT DID NOTHING FOR NATIVE OR EXTERNAL VIDEO OUTPUT!!! Three years ago I replaced the mainboard which afterwards worked awesomely, now I'm stumped. I truly love this little machine, what am I overlooking?! Can someone shed some light on this scenario?! Thanks, Craig

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-display-stopped-aux-video-output-stopped-what-do-i.1168524/
Relevancy 86%

Did a Windows Update 3 months ago and since when I use Windows Media Player I get a "windows media player has Stopped Working" Tried system restore but it did not go back far enough & ran system file checker  but showed nothing. I switched to VLC Media Player but the same thing happens. I disabled WMP then restarted but had no affect & I ran Microsoft Fix it but nothing. Any ideas on how to fix this would be appreciated. Thanks !

A:Media Player's Stopped Working ?

Have you tried the solution listed here?  http://www.kapilarya.com/fix-windows-media-player-has-stopped-working

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/598762/media-players-stopped-working/
Relevancy 86%

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium x64.
I have a Q6600 at stock speeds, as well as an EVGA 8800GT.

Whenever I try to start up Windows Media Center, an error pops up saying "Media Center Has Stopped Working" the usual error pop up when a program crashes.

Nothing pops up, just that error message.
I've tried running ehshell.exe with no luck.

Help is appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Media Center Has Stopped Working - x64

Hi, TOwens81, and welcome to the forums.

First off, have you installed any codec packs? If you uninstall them all.

If this does not help next try a
Code:
SFC /SCANNOW
from the CMD window and let it do its thing.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/174178-media-center-has-stopped-working-x64.html
Relevancy 86%

I NEED HELP- i need a link to help witha problem with WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER NETWORKING SHARING SERVICES- WHEN I TRY TO UPLOAD BBC LIVE RADIO- I GETA MESSAGE SAYING>>>" STOPPED WORKING AND WAS CLOSED, PROBLEM WITH APPLICATION''. DOES THIS MEAN I AM BEING BLOCKED BY BBC OR DO I HAVE A VIRUS THAT IS STOPPING THIS SERVICE??

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/263337-media-player-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi, can anybody suggest why my Windows Media Player 11 won't work any more?
I keep getting the message 'cannot play this file' nine times out of ten, whereas everything worked fine before, and as far as I know I haven't altered my system or anything.
I tried re-installing WMP but the problem's still there.
I'm XP Home.
Thanks

A:Win Media Player Has Stopped Working

Right click the file and select error details

Please post the error message hear, as it will give us clues as to what's the problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/107879/win-media-player-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 86%

Hi there,

Randomly one evening, on my Vista Home Premium PC, media centre refused to open. "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Bullcrap! I system restored my PC back to a few days before, where it had been working, but this didnt work. Sometimes i see it in my taskbar tray, connecting to the iternet for the program guide but it still wont open up, ive left it for a week with no luck. Ive had vista for a month or two now, with media centre working fine untill now.

Any help would be great, cheers.

Relevancy 86%

Today I woke up and I could no longer watch video files saved to my computer youtube hulu etc all work fine Prior to this morning I had no problem Players Stopped Media Working watching videos Now there is no Media Players Stopped Working video and no sound whatsoever I usually watch videos in Winamp Media Players Stopped Working but when I click the file all I get is a black screen If I press play the whole computer slows down for a few seconds but Winamp just remains black I tried watching in WMP but it always gives me a quot Windows Media Player has stopped working quot message I tried Nero and it says the file is corrupted I tried Quicktime and it says it requires codecs I don't have I know this isn't true because I've watched the same files before in QT I've reinstalled a variety of codec packs Nothing works I've tried reinstalling media players No help I've even tried System restore but it tells me it can't complete because of an unspecified error Scan for viruses comes up clean with McAfee No updates were installed last night The only change made between no problem and problem was turning off the computer for the night I have been running Vista Ultimate -bit for months and this is the first major problem I've encountered

A:Media Players Stopped Working

hi and welcome to TSF i think you may find your problem could be mcafee

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-players-stopped-working-368981.html
Relevancy 86%

all of my media drives have stopped working. one floppy, one cd, one zip and one cd burner. three are connected directly to the mother board, one is connected to a controller board. the drives work fine when in booted in safe mode. i am running windows xp home

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/all-media-drives-stopped-working.374433/
Relevancy 86%

I have a toshiba laptop with windows vista home premium. When I go to open an attachment or use media center I get a box that says media center has stopped working. It then shuts it down, how do I fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-center-has-stopped-working.847573/
Relevancy 85.14%

The computer Gateway desktop - vista home premium - WMP Over the past couple days my computer stopped playing any videos in windows media player It s always played any all types of video files wmv mpg etc just fine up until a couple days ago when the video stopped showing The audio plays just fine just no video It doesn t matter what the video format is and showing Windows stopped player media video the files also play OK Windows media player stopped showing video in winamp and or nero showtime I ve updated to the most recent k-lite codec packs and that didn t help Windows media player stopped showing video I ve tried to download and re-install WMP but MS recognizes that I already have the most recent player I ve tried going into Tools - gt Options Performance tab and changing the video acceleration down to see if that helped but no such luck Is Windows media player stopped showing video there some way of running a repair to it I dug around some but haven t found anything anywhere on my machine that allows me to do anything to wmp Also I m holding off upgrading to windows on this machine until this issue is resolved but do ya suppose it may get fixed during the upgrade if I went ahead with it Thanks Jim

A:Windows media player stopped showing video

Doesn't seem to be possible to uninstall WMP 11 in Vista.

Do you have a restore point to roll back to.

You could try posting in the Windows Vista forum.

If you look in the Windows 7 forum, the general consensus seems to be that a complete install of Windows 7
is preferable to any kind of 'upgrade'.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274750/windows-media-player-stopped-showing-video/
Relevancy 85.14%

Posted this back video showing Windows player stopped media on - in the audio video forum Windows media player stopped showing video and did not get situation fixed Was recommended to post here for help The computer Gateway desktop - vista home premium - WMP Over the past couple days my computer stopped playing any videos in windows media player It's always played any all types of video files wmv mpg etc just fine up until a couple days ago when the video stopped showing The audio plays just fine just no video It doesn't matter what the video format is and the files also play OK in winamp and or nero showtime I've updated to the most recent k-lite codec packs and that didn't help I've tried to download and re-install WMP but MS recognizes that I already have the most recent player I've tried going into Tools - gt Options Performance tab and changing the video acceleration down to see if that helped but no such luck I've also tried different restore points that did not help Is there some way of running a repair to it I dug around some but haven't found anything anywhere on my machine that allows me to do anything to wmp Also I'm holding off upgrading to windows on this machine until this issue is resolved but do ya suppose it may get fixed during the upgrade if I went ahead with it Thanks Jim

A:Windows media player stopped showing video

see if this will help you out.windows 7 comes with WMP 12 I do believe.good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/276918/windows-media-player-stopped-showing-video/
Relevancy 85.14%

HI I'VE INSTTALED WINDOWS PROF ON MY PC I M TRYING TO INSTALL WINDOWS ULTIMATE BY CLICKING ON SETUP EXE AN ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING THEN I TRIED TO INSTALL WINDOWS ON MY PC Windows has working stopped working has stopped or installer setup.exe BUT THE ERROR MASSAGE APPEARED SAYING SAME THING WINDOWS INSTALLER HAS STOPPED WORKING AND ALL OTHER SETUP IN THAT DRIVE ARE SAYING SAME THING DON'T KNOW WTTD HHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPP I'M IN BIG TROUBLE NOTHING IS GOING TO INSTALL ERROR Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name setup exe Microsoft Windows Operating System Application Version Application Timestamp a Fault Module Name setup exe Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a Exception Code c Exception Offset f OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline E Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Windows installer has stopped working or setup.exe has stopped working

Hi,

Lets start here:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278753-windows-installer-has-stopped-working-setup-exe-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 85.14%

this morning i got those 2 errors pop up, and i cannot get into system info, cannot do a system restore
running windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/epower-tray-has-stopped-working-oddpwr-has-stopped-working.1028791/
Relevancy 84.71%

wmp stopped working need help please !!!!!!!! here is my problem info ..
Problem signature
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Application Timestamp: 47919356
Fault Module Name: RibbonsVis.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 4431ad49
Exception Offset: 000045d9
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: 0972
Additional Information 2: cff35a4feca79d88fd03347f015925c4
Additional Information 3: a373
Additional Information 4: c6f50a9ed708b5c3ab9c2d5ed3335822
Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 667286380

A:window media player stopped working

It looks like a visualisation problem. Either turn off visualisation or select a different visualisation to see if that fixes your crash.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/196633-window-media-player-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi all I have been happily using Windows Media player for nearly a year since I purchased my Toshiba Tecra laptop until about a week ago when it told me it working??? stopped Player 11 Windows Media encountered a problem while playing the file Now I can't get audio from many other programs that use WMP as their audio player So I thought I would uninstall and reinstall Windows Media Player 11 stopped working??? and it might be fixed No such luck It actually doesn't uninstall - it rolls back to MWP And then you don't get an option Windows Media Player 11 stopped working??? to uninstall WMP Since then I have tried a few things including installing another player -GOB - which Windows Media Player 11 stopped working??? didn't work either It said something about needing DirectX or higher but I have v installed so I'm not sure what's going on So far I've spent about hours trying to read Tech support forums and the Microsoft knowledge base and no one seems to have any idea how to fix this Can anyone offer any suggestions I'm hoping I don't have to reinstall Windows XP to get it working again Thanks in advance

A:Windows Media Player 11 stopped working???

Click start>control panel>add/remove programs. Top right you will see a little box that says show updates, make sure it is ticked.

Scroll down and under software updates, remove everything containing Windows media player 11.

Then reboot.

Then click this link,

Windows Media Player 11 Download

Follow the instructions to download your clean version.

Post back and let us know if this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-media-player-11-stopped-working-284003.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Help I am running Vista Home Premium bit and my Windows Media Player gives a quot Stopped Working quot message every time I plug in a USB drive or and SD-card I've been unable to Working Media Stopped has Player Windows find a fix for this Windows Media Player has Stopped Working and there is no way to uninstall reinstall Media Player within Vista at Windows Media Player has Stopped Working least not that I've been able to find I work for a computer consultant firm and even IT has shook their head at my problem Below is the Error from one of the many times it has stopped the Media player I would appreciate any help or suggestions Thank you in advance Log Name Application Source Application Error Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Tifany-PC Description Faulting application wmplayer exe version time stamp x a c c faulting module wpdsp dll version time stamp x a exception code xc d fault offset x b process id x c application start time x ca ca e b Event Xml Windows Media Player has Stopped Working lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Tifany-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt wmplayer exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a c c lt Data gt lt Data gt wpdsp dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a lt Data gt lt Data gt c d lt Data gt lt Data gt b lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt ca ca e b lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

http://www.vistax64.com/software/260406-windows-media-player-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello everyone I'm using an Asrock p i g motherboard running xp and it has onboard an audio chipset called cmedia AC It's attached directly to the motherboard and has line out in C-Media AC97 stopped XP Audio working microphone in and line in It was working beautifully up until a couple days ago I suddenly had several problems C-Media AC97 Audio stopped working in XP at once with various system components my wireless card and my video card all of which I got sorted out the former by rolling back the driver and the latter C-Media AC97 Audio stopped working in XP by updating the drivers However the audio has stopped working altogether Windows seems to be unable to even see it at all I've downloaded the driver installer package from the motherboard manufacturer here ASRock gt Products gt Motherboard gt P i G gt Download and when I run the installer it says fairly quickly a message about how I my computer isn't installed with the chipset so I can't install the drivers Very frustrating It's as if windows thinks the physical chipset has disappeared from the motherboard Which it hasn't as I can actually see it How can I force xp to recognize my onboard audio chipset Please don't say reinstall windows I even went into bios setup and changed the setting for the onboard audio from quot auto quot to quot enabled quot At this point I'm thinking my only solution is to buy a PCI audio card and use that instead Sigh Thanks for any help Benjamin

A:C-Media AC97 Audio stopped working in XP

At that site, download and install the "INF driver ver:7.0.0.1025" for your chipset then the audio.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/c-media-ac97-audio-stopped-working-in-xp-573653.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Quanta Antivirus Avira Desktop Updated and Enabled Windows Media Player stops working after playing one or two songs A new tab titled quot Migrate License Windows stopped Media Player has working. Error Windows Media Player has stopped working. quot opens of its own accord It says The license can not be downloaded because your Web browser is not supported To download a license you must install Microsoft Internet Explorer or later To install the latest version of Internet Explorer see the Windows Update Page I ve installed the latest version of Internet Explorer but this message still appears I don t know what license it s referring to I ve had no problems with Windows Media Player until now Initially Windows Media Player would stop playing despite being on continual play - I d press play again but the mechanism wouldn t work unless I cleared the playlist and dragged the playlist over again Eventually the tab started opening after I pressed play a few times Now the music stops and tab opens automatically without any action from me I m going round in circles Please help me nbsp

A:Windows Media Player has stopped working.

Try going to start/default programs and make
sure internet explorer is set as default.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-has-stopped-working.1044826/
Relevancy 84.71%

Forgive my ignorance ... I don't see or I don't understand any remedy shown to my problem. Each time I launch Windows Media Player, it starts then gives me the message: Windows Media Player Has Stopped Working. Here's what I get in the error report:

Product
Windows Media Player
Problem
Stopped working
Date
6/4/2008 1:24 PM
Status
Report Sent
Problem signature
Application Version: 11.0.6000.6344
Application Timestamp: 46e5f12e
Fault Module Name: Indiv02.key
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.6324
Fault Module Timestamp: 47e4d0c9
Exception Offset: 0010495e
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: bc9e
Additional Information 2: d831d078ba3e4f4ea78133096db5b89a
Additional Information 3: db83
Additional Information 4: fe2944b6601c0149776c03c5501f24ff
Bucket ID: 788272923

Please help! I am desperate!!!

Have run Regcure and that did not cure the problem.

Thanks so much!

mmcraig

A:Windows Media Player Has Stopped Working

Hi, mmcraig, and welcome to the forums.

I think you're missing an update somewhere - for example SP1....

My version is 11.0.6001.7000....

If you're hellbent on not installing SP1, then all I can suggest is to uninstall *all* codec packages that you might have installed, reboot into Safe Mode, then run SFC /SCANNOW, then reboot, then install Vista Codec Pack - 32bit & 64bit Media Player Codecs as you *only* codec package (note, there are two parts, the standard Vista Codec package, and the x64 components, which you install *after* VCP).

http://www.vistax64.com/software/172588-windows-media-player-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have HP Working Media Windows Stopped Has Center Pavillion dv with Windows Vista It is a couple of months old I have an HP video card that plugs into my express port on the side It worked for a while and then when I plugged it back in after using Windows Media Center Has Stopped Working my notebook elsewhere Windows Media Center failed to recognize it I see that this is a common issue I worked on reloading the driver for a few days spent an hour on line with HP Gave up A few days later it began working again on its Windows Media Center Has Stopped Working own Windows Media Center Has Stopped Working but it would record on the wrong channels For example it would record on channel instead of Thinking that I needed to reprogram the remote control I went to quot set up quot and starting setting up the TV again I let me get to the quot Downloading Settings Please wait quot screen and then gave an error message of quot Windows media center has stopped working and is restarting quot WMC restarts we go through it again it stops at the same screen and restarts Around and around we go Around and around HELP nbsp

A:Windows Media Center Has Stopped Working

Ok, here is what the problem was. Windows Vista doesn't take kindly to Windows XP drivers. Don't even try to install them. My printer driver caused a cascade of failures that led to my internet connection going poof and my Windows Media Center getting stuck in the circle of doom. I restored the computer to a restore date before all this happened (from the partitioned drive), reinstalled the TV card driver, reinstalled the Sprint driver, re-set up the tv tuner with my Dish Network box and voila, now it all works. Many thanks to Michelle at HP who helped alot through email.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-center-has-stopped-working.628986/
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a Compaq Presario V with the in media reader Working and Media Firewire Reader Stopped built into the side There is also a Firewire port under the reader and recently both have stopped quot working quot The weird part about the issue is that I Media Reader and Firewire Stopped Working hear windows recognize the cards and firewire attachments yet I cant view them in My Computer or access them I have a Sony HC camcorder and the firewire actually tells me in the task bar its found a sony camcorder HC and its installed and Media Reader and Firewire Stopped Working ready to go but I cant use Media Reader and Firewire Stopped Working it So when I plug in a SD MS or Camcorder via Firewire I hear the dings and dongs that you hear when you plug in stuff All the USB ports work still and I have talked to at least people at Compaq HP and we have uninstalled and installed drivers and what not but still no luck They tell me its a hardware issue but it seems unlikely the Firewire AND the media reader would both crap the bed at the same time I have run a virus scan and everthing is clean I just dont understand how the computer seems to read the items but wont display them Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Media Reader and Firewire Stopped Working

Hi mada182

. . . and Welcome to the Tech Support Forums.

Since your Compaq is a fairly new model - it is likely to still be covered by its warranty. The three devices that you are having trouble with are all in that same lower-right-hand corner of the notebook, and could very well have had a hardware failure in the area. A bump, moisture, a power surge, or a faulty connection - any of these could cause a short in the area. If you are covered, by all means get the computer in for servicing while the warranty is still in place. It's the safest plan to protect your investment.

If you wish to try a few more quick-fix attempts before having to send it to Compaq,

1) Reboot the computer, and tap the F10 key as soon as the Compaq splash screen shows. Enter Bios Setup, and under the "Advanced" menus, look for the item "Legacy USB Support" - and make sure it is set to "Enabled". Look through the other settings in the Bios Setup, to ensure that the settings look OK. For troubleshooting purposes, ensure that the date and time are OK. If you notice several settings that you aren't sure about, and that seem wrong, you can try using the "Load Defaults & Exit" option available from the Exit menu. [If you choose to load defaults, enter Bios Setup again later on to see if the Legacy USB is still set to Enabled. If yes, and if the Bios settings seem OK at that point, simply exit setup again & let Windows continue to boot. Then test usb/firewire/memory card reader functionality.

2) The above step is a longshot, but worth a try. Your next step is to try using System Restore. Reboot your computer, and this time as the splash screen displays, start tapping the F8 key. This should produce the Safe Mode Boot Menu. Choose to start the computer in Safe Mode [you won't need the Network or Command Line options, just choose plain old "Safe Mode"] . Then navigate to the System Restore tool in your System Tools folder: Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore. There are plentiful Help files to walk you through the restore process, but the most important & simple step is simply to choose a restore point from just before the trouble started.

3) Another long shot is to visit Windows Update & any Compaq/Hp Update sites for patches, should the above attempts not work.

It could be a software problem, but the odds are sometimes in favor of hardware failure when ports are involved.

Hope it turns out OK - and you can enjoy 2007 with your notebook.
. . . Gary

[P.S. -- Oh, one more thing: while troubleshooting ports, it's not unusual for the cards involved to have their data get a bit corrupted - so you may have to reformat those memory cards (I'd do this in another computer, with known-good ports). If you have some older known-good cards that you aren't using (such as an older low-density card of perhaps only 16mb or so) - you can test the reader again using those]

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/media-reader-and-firewire-stopped-working-133066.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, I listen to internet radio and watch internet tv (streamed) through Media Player. A few weeks ago I could suddenly not listen to radio anymore, fortunately the site lets me choose between different players so I can still listen through Quicktime. Yesterday afternoon I watched a television show without problems but when I tried it yesterday evening all of a sudden it didn't work anymore. Unfortunately this site (nor all the other ones) does not give me the option to choose another player. I tried it again this morning but it still didn't work. I've tried it on another pc and it worked just fine.

What has happened to my pc and how can I solve it...?

Any comment is appreciated!

A:Media Player suddenly stopped working

Have you tried System Restore and restoring the PC back to a date when it did work? If not, give that a try first. System Restore can be accessed from Start/Programs/Accessories/System Tools.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/90249-media-player-suddenly-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Vista home premium, all updates and sp's installed.

Trying to use Media Player V11. Has been working. Now get an error message (see uploaded screen shot) Trying to download and reinstall from MS downloads page. All I can find is an MS Update for Media player 11 for Vista which states this does not apply to my system. (see screen shots.) How can I get Media player reinstalled????

SYSTEM SPECS

Intel Core 22 Quad core processor Q6600 (2.4Ghz,1066FSB) 8MB cache
3GB DDR2 SDRAM at 667Mhz
256MB NVIDA GeForce 8600GT-DDR3
500GB Serial ATA II Hard drive @7200RPM
Vista Home Premium 32 bit
X-Fi Soundblaster

A:Media Player 11+Vista stopped working

have you tried uninstalling media player and then reinstalling?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/media-player-11-vista-stopped-working-429427.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello. I have a USB 2.0 media card reader in my machine that i just put in in april. At first it worked (after formatting my HD, drives C-F were for the media card reader and my HD became G). Shortly after that the drives disapeared in My Computer. G and H (my dvd-rom) are still there, but the media card reader drives are gone (and its usb port is no longer working). I remember reading something on the net that gave me instructions on what to do and it worked.

I am having the problem again, since i had to move some things on the inside (including changing usb2.0 port that the card reader was connected to). No the drives arent showing, lights dont go on and the usb port is no longer workng. I have searched the internet for help again and couldnt find anything on the topic this time.

Anyone ever heard of this before?

A:USB 2.0 Media Card Reader Stopped Working

Create a file with NOTEPAD containing the following lines and save it as FIX.REG
-------------------------- Use text after this line --------------------------------
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment]

"DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES"="1"
-------------------------- Use text before this line --------------------------------

Double click on FIX.REG and say yes to the Merge Into Registry question.

Unplug ALL USB devices.
Open Device Manager.
View, Show Hidden Devices.
Uninstall all devices under USB Controllers.
Uninstall all devices under Disk Drives that you know are not present.
Uninstall all devices under Storage Volumes. Say no to any reboot prompts until you are finished. Also, if a Storage Volume doesn't uninstall, ignore it and move to the next one.
If you have a yellow ? with unknown devices, uninstall all of the entries there as well.

When this is done, reboot TWICE.

Reconnect the USB devices and see if they're recognized properly.

NOTE: If you have a USB keyboard and/or mouse, you'll have to modify the instructions and leave enough parts for those to function. I don't have one yet, so I haven't had time to modify the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-2-0-media-card-reader-stopped-working.481011/
Relevancy 84.71%

That's about all I can tell you. I have checked device manager, and under DVD/CD ROM drives, - MATbleepA DVD-RAM UJ8AOASW, I have the message, 'Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19).' My computer is an ASUS K53E. Any suggestions?

I have downloaded iTunes, and used Revo Uninstall to remove a fake computer fix,.

I have downloaded MPC-HC and that hasn't worked, or I don't know how to use it.

See if running the Microsoft Fixit for your OS helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/314060

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584087/windows-media-player-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 84.71%

Using Viista bit I purchased a turntable device with softare to transfer my vinyl LPs to the pc and then able to copy them to CD I loaded he software and started the first record when the recording ended i tried to play it back with the media Player but even though the file was showing in my music file it would not play After searching for a solution I discovered that the Media player was not respondin at all I opened upMy Computer located the file a selected play but nothing happened Then I put a prerecorded Music CD Media Player Windows stopped working in the drive and that too failed to come up in Autoplay and would not play if Windows Media Player stopped working tried manually I then tried DVD drive -that too would not read the disc Uninstalled the new software cleaned the registry with Registry Mechanic and tried System Restore that too is not responding If I select it nothing comes up on the screen If I try to run quot rstrui exe it comes up with ammessage that System Restore is already working Two problems - I feel thatbthey are related Can anybody help me please By the way the turntable has been returned to the shop and I got a full refund nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

My laptop has stopped connecting to the internet this morning for no apparent reason It recognises the wireless router and says it is connected but won t connect when I open internet explorer All other laptops in the house connect fine so it must be disconnected - media stopped working wireless an issue with my computer rather than the router itself I ve run an ipconfig all and get the following C Users Matt gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration wireless stopped working - media disconnected Host Name Matt-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom b g WLAN Physical Address - A- - - - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c d de cf b a Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DNS Servers fec ffff wireless stopped working - media disconnected fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Physical Address - - -EE-B -B DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap D AFE A- A D- -B CD-CB E br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TO Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes I ve spent the afternoon trawling the net but can t seem to get it working again When I go to my network connections also can t see my LAN anymore I guess that may be related Any help much appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 84.71%

My Dell Inspiron 6400 is connected to a Dell TV Tuner and from there to an antenna. I was able to pick up live TV reception and record as well. Now when I click on "Live TV", there is no little spinning icon; nothing happens. I can still playback previously recorded TV, but can't connect to Live TV. Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/live-tv-stopped-working-in-media-center.834890/
Relevancy 84.71%

I need help?

I have Vista Ultimate X64, and never had any problems, with Media Center before, now my Media Center records tv, pre-progammed of course. But I can't open Media Center to stop the recording or do anything else.

Description
Stopped Working
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ehshell.exe
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6001.18000
Problem Signature 03: 47919e0e
Problem Signature 04: mcstoredb
Problem Signature 05: 6.0.6000.0
Problem Signature 06: 4791ad20
Problem Signature 07: 121
Problem Signature 08: 23e
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Bucket ID: 166368077

http://www.vistax64.com/software/214675-media-center-stopped-working-mar-5th-2009-a.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have no idea what this is - connected to - or why it has stopped working properly.
Help!!!  These continual error messages are a pain

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/49b5ceab-72b6-406b-b1a8-d469f98051eb/adobe-media-core-cs6-stopped-working?forum=itprovistaprinting
Relevancy 84.71%

Windows Media Center has stopped working on my dell studio 1749 laptop. When I try to open it tells me that windows media center has stopped working and that windows is checking for a solution to the problem. Well, that's been going on for a month. I've tried a recent system restore, checked this forum and microsoft answers forum for answers but with no luck.

Should I try a older system restore? Should I go ahead and use my system image I made last year which was right after I bought this dell brand new? Wanted to try and fix without re-install but if I can't find the problem that might be the only thing left to do.
Specs:
Dell Studio 1749
500 GB HDD
4 GB Ram
SP 3
Processor i5 CPU 2.40ghz
System type 64-bit operating system

Relevancy 84.71%

When I try to use the windows media player I get the message that this has stopped working and windows are searching for a solution and will close the programme.  No solution seems to be found and I thought I would be able to uninstall or maybe get the option to repair this programme but it doesn't show in the uninstall list in the control panel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please post the exact error message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571018/windows-media-player-has-stopped-working/
Relevancy 84.71%

I'm getting errors at every turn:

0xC00D002B (request invalid in current state)
0x8000FFFF (modules not found)
0x8007007E (catastophic failure)

I couldn't make any sense out of anything that popped up in the windows kb. I've tried unistalling and reinstalling the most current version for XP. Can anyone please suggest what I should try next? thanks in advance.

A:windows media encoder stopped working!!!

Hiya

Are you still having this problem? If so, I assume this is version 9 you're using, not 7. Can we see what you have running at the same time:

Go to Run and type MSINFO32
On the left choose Software Enviroment, then Startup Programs. Copy/paste the list here.

Also, when you uninstall it, did you delete the actual folder for it? If not, uninstall it again via AddRemove, or the Start | Programs.

Then, open Windows Explorer and navigate to Program Files | Media Encoder (or whatever the folder is called). Then, click to highlight just that folder, and delete it.

You don't have Windows Media Player open at the same time when you're using Encoder, do you? If so, which version are you using?

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-encoder-stopped-working.368513/
Relevancy 84.71%

NOT Resolved

Hi,
I have Dell XPS 420 Intel Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40GHz
RAM 3.00GB
Windows Vista Ultimate
32-bit operatingSystem

Windows Media Center worked before, but a few weeks ago after viewing a recorded TV (maybe a hour or so) show it would crash. Now when it opens it crash right away.

Details:

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: ehshell.exe
Problem Signature 02: 6.0.6000.16386
Problem Signature 03: 4549b55e
Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
Problem Signature 05: 2.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 48ead7c2
Problem Signature 07: 35f9
Problem Signature 08: 279
Problem Signature 09: System.ArgumentException
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1

Read our privacy statement:
Microsoft Online Crash Analysis
Thanks for your help

A:Windows Media Center stopped working

Having a similar problem. Difference is that I am trying to run Windows Media Center for the first time. It crashes within 10 seconds, even sooner if I try adding an extender or going through setup. And I'm running a 64-bit Home Premium on a Dell Studio 1535. All Microsoft has recommended (so far) is starting in Safe Mode.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/243088-windows-media-center-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hi, I am running Windows Vista-Home Premium Edition-X64 bit-SP2. I am trying to play a game and I keep getting "Windows Media Projector has stopped working". I just seem to have trouble with this game only. Can anyone help me resolve this issue? Thank you.

A:Windows Media Projector stopped working

Hello Alvin Myers,
Have you got this fixed or are you still having problems ?.
Can you post your system specs too, thanks.
Also, what game is it you are trying to play ?.
If its not fixed let us know and we will try and help.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/279267-windows-media-projector-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Whenever I launch WMP11 it stops working and I get the following error. I do not know how to fix this, please help

Problem signature:
Application Version: 11.0.6002.18005
Application Timestamp: 49e022ea
Fault Module Name: Indiv01.key
Fault Module Version: 11.0.6000.7000
Fault Module Timestamp: 46ddeaeb
Exception Offset: 000ad41a
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Additional Information 1: d17f
Additional Information 2: c9f2c626cd78e22786252c6b26cf7d75
Additional Information 3: aeb8
Additional Information 4: cedca3f69b5c223068efe17c4b24b849

http://www.vistax64.com/software/241661-windows-media-player-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 84.71%

undefined
My media player as suddenly stopped playing as a popup, when I try to launch (radio streaming) automatically streaming from a radio station (listen live) it only refreshes the radio station web page and will not popup the player. Media player 9 and XP. I have checked and I have no pop blocker nor is the security set to high. I deslected UDP as was suggested but no go.

A:Media player has stopped working as a popup

See if Microsoft itself can help http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/readme.aspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/media-player-has-stopped-working-as-a-popup.268362/
Relevancy 84.28%

i have an nvidia gtx mb that has been working in my rig for several months now Windows vista ultimate x foxconn micro atx mobo gig corsair ddr ram g hdd w antec psu i just bought a quot acer monitor a week ago i turned on the puter from sleep this morning and the computer turned right on all lights fans etc on but nothing appeared on screen video stopped working! just it didnt beep since it was waking up video just stopped working! from sleep not off in my morning grogginess i hit the reset button it reset beeped once and turned on but still no picture at all naturally i checked all connections and theyre fine monitor has vga and dvi using dvi and i plugged it into the onboard dvi and STILL nothing being thorough i plugged the vga in the onboard and the screen came on tried the new and an old crt in both dvi and vga video just stopped working! and only the vga worked on both i checked the device manager and dxdiag and neither even see my video card now so i cant check drivers also dontknow video just stopped working! if it applies but as vista users know you can change what the power button does and i had it set to put the puter to sleep in my checks i noticed that that setting changed to quot do nothing quot and the sleep option was entirely gone maybe windows is corrupted i hope its as easy as a reformat or something what's blowing my brain is that the fan on the gpu comes on still can that happen and it still be dead please help

A:video just stopped working!

Hey Briefcase,

Try to get another graphic card from somewhere so you can test it out, or if you have onboard try to see if that works.

Pooch

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/197026-video-just-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi
I have windows media player which came with my computer. I'm running windows vista. Last week the media player stopped recognizing cd/dvds. I've done a system restore and ran a check on my system which said everything was fine. Any idea what I should do next?

Thank you.

A:Solved: windows media player stopped working

What error are you getting? Or what exactly happens when you insert a DVD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-media-player-stopped-working.1025709/
Relevancy 83.85%

Recently out of now where Windows Media Player and AIM latest version both just stopped working Everything else works fine on my computer but when I click on the launch won't load. Windows HELP! Media and stopped Player AIM working, icons for these two nothing happens WMP won t even start and AIM starts but then immediately shuts HELP! AIM and Windows Media Player stopped working, won't load. down I ve uninstalled and re-installed both and nothing has been fixed AIM and lower work fine but no new versions work which is what s odd Here is my log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system csrss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup carboniteservice exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINNT System alg exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C WINNT SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files CyberLink PCM Everio EverioService exe C Program Files Carbonite Carbonite Backup CarboniteUI exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Winamp Remote bin OrbTray exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Winamp Remote bin Orb exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www boxden com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htm R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C windows system blank htm N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot www boxden com quot C Documents and Settings Ian Application Data Mozilla Profiles default a i slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CPROGRA E CNETSCAPE CNETSCAPE Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings Ian Application Data Mozilla Profiles default a i slt prefs js O - Hosts idenupdate motorola com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO FlashFXP Helper for Internet Explorer - E A B-D - -AD - B EE - C PROGRA FlashFXP IEFlash dll O - Toolbar no name - CDE A D-A - -BF -E B C F EB - no file O - Toolbar no name - BF - F - - - FE E AA - no file O - Toolbar no name - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - no file O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run SiSUSBRG C WINNT SiSUSBrg exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe q... Read more

A:HELP! AIM and Windows Media Player stopped working, won't load.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-aim-and-windows-media-player-stopped-working-wont-load.683988/
Relevancy 83.85%

I used to watch AVI files on my LED TV by plugging my laptop into the TV via a HDMI cable with no problem whatsoever, but recently it has stopped working. The screen is duplicated fine on the TV but when I double click the file I wish to play Windows Media Player now comes up with an error message COOD11B1. Can anyone tell me why this has started to happen and how I can fix the problem? When playing files normally on my laptop without the HDMI connection it works fine with no error message, it is just when I connect to the TV via HDMI cable I have the problem.

Thankyou for any help or advice.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-media-player-stopped-working-through-hdmi-513233.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Have had this problem once or twice now. A system restore has fixed it before but not this time. Anybody have a fix ??

I can go into Live TV fine, but as soon as I go into my Videos it starts to display folders then freezes and a window pops up saying Media Centre has stopped working and will restart and thats all I get. When it restarts I get the same thing when I try to go into Videos.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thanks,

Dash

Using Windows 7 Professional
AMD Athlon 3800+ 2.0 ghx Dual Core 3Gb ram
Nvidia 6800+
Remote wonder plus Tuner Card

A:[SOLVED] Media centre has stopped working error

Okay it's weird but If I go into Manage Media Library in Settings in Media Center and remove all the folders in the Video section and then go back in a put all the folders back in to the Video section it works!! What's with that ?? Any Ideas ??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-media-centre-has-stopped-working-error-433650.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I have a computer that's about 3 years old, and recently the video card stopped working on it. Motherboard is an Asus M2NPV-VM, and video card is a EVGA nVidia Geforce 7600GT PCI-E.

I tested the video card in a different PC, and it works fine. When it first stopped working, my computer would switch back and forth between onboard video and the video card.

I've also noticed that the computer will make a sort of popping sound, and the computer will freeze for a few seconds. Could this be a faulty PSU?

Could something like a video card stop working be caused by a faulty PSU? The video card does not have any PSU connectors, it just plugs into the PCI-E slot.

Can someone PLEASE help?

Thanks

Relevancy 83.42%

Like the title says all of my video files, or at least the video part of the file, have stopped working. This occured after I installed windows SP3. I've uninstalled and reinstalled SP3 and I'm still having this same problem. I haven't changed anything else with my computer lately aside from SP3.

Oh, I've also tried multiple media players and I have the same issue with all of them.

Does anybody know what I can do to fix this issue of mine? It would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Relevancy 83.42%

My notebook is a Lenovo W and the specs are System Windows CPU Intel Core i - MQ Quad Core GHz Mb Cache Turbo GHz RAM GB Graphics NVIDIA Quadro K M GB and working card has Video stopped an Video card has stopped working Intel R HD Graphics So I was playing Space Engineers and the game was responding slow to my keyboard and mouse I thought it might've been because the CPU was not working hard enough so I changed some of the settings of it Afterwards it seemed to not make any difference so I updated my drivers of my NVIDIA video card and then the Device Manager kept giving the error quot Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code quot When I play Space Engineers now only the Intel video card shows up in the menu and the NVIDIA video card is nowhere to be found I Video card has stopped working have already tried to uninstall and reinstall all the NVIDIA Video card has stopped working drivers using DDU several times I've restored my system to a previous version when the GPU worked fine Neither seem to work as the Device Manager displays the same error I also noticed that I currently have no NVIDIA Control Panel installed on my notebook I'm not sure if it wasn't there all the time but it isn't there now Any help regarding solving this problem would be highly appreciated

A:Video card has stopped working

Did you install the regular Nvidia drivers? Or the special ones you need for that card? That could be your problem.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f77/video-card-has-stopped-working-276760/
Relevancy 83.42%

About a week ago my video card, GeForce 8600GT stopped working, So I switched back to my integrated GeForce 6150LE and then I tried my 8600 again and it mysteriously worked. Then after restarting my computer it stopped working again, The computer and everything loads but nothing comes up on the screen, Any help?

PS: I dont know much about computers but I think it may have something to do with a RUNDLL32.exe virus, My RUNDLL32.exe file looks like a blank page, I heard thats bad, And also sometimes not always my AVG will detect RUNDLL32 and ask me to quarantine but it wont let me quarantine....

A:Video Card stopped working

This is my Hijack this log I dont know what it is or means but Ive seen people post them, maybe it will help

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.3 (BETA)
Scan saved at 9:31:19 PM, on 23/02/2010
Platform: Unknown Windows (WinNT 6.01.3504)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16385)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskhost.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\TrendMicro\HiJackThis\HiJackThis.exe
O23 - Service: Agere Modem Call Progress Audio (AgereModemAudio) - LSI Corporation - C:\Program Files\LSI SoftModem\agrsmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG E-mail Scanner (avg9emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG WatchDog (avg9wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Firewall (avgfws9) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\avgfws9.exe
O23 - Service: AVG9IDSAgent (AVGIDSAgent) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG9\Identity Protection\Agent\Bin\AVGIDSAgent.exe
O23 - Service: nHancer Support (nHancer) - KSE - Kornd?rfer Software Engineering - C:\Program Files\nHancer\nHancerService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - Unknown owner - (no file)
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service (Stereo Service) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvSCPAPISvr.exe
--
End of file - 1549 bytes

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/66085-video-card-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Ok here is the scenerio - Been using a quot monitor and a quot Monitor in conjunction for quite some time couple years with out a hitch I think i had a power 2nd working...... output stopped video failure and came home to my quot monitor not displaying anything fyi i had the 2nd video output stopped working...... desktops as duplicated on both screens Each one are in separate rooms The quot monitor is hooked via the DVI and the monitor is hooked up DVI to HDMI adapter and the HDMI goes to my stereo and then to the quot TV Here is what i've tried - Remove and reinstall drivers - Swap the HDMI cables - I even tried a different video card nvidia ti - Even re-installed windows On my stereo receiver Harmon Kardon AVR it flashes HDMI as if it doesnt have a signal going to it if there was signal to it then it would just be a solid HDMI light I've tried resetting my Stereo receiver No luck Oh and I also tried all of my HDMI slots available The ONLY way i could get it to work is to plug the computer directly to the TV using the same dvi to HDMI adapter and port on the video card I know I can just bypass my receiver but i dont really want to lol As i use it as a HTPC A LOT Posting here is kinda my last resort as i'm pretty stumped at this Keep in mind that everything was working fine up untill the power surge

A:2nd video output stopped working......

sounds like you've narrowed down the trouble to your receiver...possibly something got fried during the power outtage. Are you using any kind of UPS / surge protection? Does the receiver work okay otherwise?

sounds to me like the receiver is the culprit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/332668-2nd-video-output-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 83.42%

I've just installed basICColor 4.1.12 and calibrated my monitor.

However, on reboot, I got the message 'Video LUT loader bc.exe has stopped working'.

If I look in Control Panel/Windows Defender/Tools, it is not listed as a program that Windows has prevented from working. (There is nothing listed there at all)

I can click in the system tray and start it manually. But, it fails to start again after the next reboot.

Any ideas?

I'm Vista x64. nVidia Quadro FX 1700. Driver 182.67, if that makes a difference.

Thanks.

D.

A:'Video LUT loader bc.exe has stopped working' Help!

One further point:

I've checked msconfig/Startup and the VideoLUT is checked and listed as a startup item.

But, it's not loading on startup.

Is there a way of making Windows allow it to startup?

Gotta say that for critical colour work Vista x64 has not been a good decision on my part. I probably should have stuck with XP.

Thanks.

D.

Edited: I think I may have sorted this problem. If User Account Control is turned off (turning off Windows Defender and Firewall, as suggested elsewhere, has no affect) Vista loads the video LUT on startup.

Happy days! (at the moment!)

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/243014-video-lut-loader-bc-exe-has-stopped-working-help.html
Relevancy 83.42%

My OEM Video card stopped working. I bought a generic 8MB Video card/Graphics accelerator. It worked for a time then quit.

I bought an I/O Magic 16MB 2D/3D PCI Graphics Accelerator. When I install the I/O Magic card by itself, I cannot see anything on my monitor; no graphics card ID, no nothing.
*Yes, I can hear the beeps as the machine boots into Windows, but no Video.

However, when I stick an old Trident Video card in an ISA slot, it works, but of course has zilch in the way of resolution (16 colors).

1. Why doesn't the I/O Magic card show up?
2. Can I (should I) leave the Trident card in, install the I/O Magic card, then boot?
3. Why can't I see anything when I install the I/O Magic card by itself?
AMI/Pro MOBO

------------------
Kirkland

A:My Video Card stopped working

Can you test this IO Magic card in another machine?

Did you try another PCI slot?

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

Vote for the best Tech Support site every day: VOTE for Helponthe.net!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-video-card-stopped-working.34519/
Relevancy 82.99%

I recently got an xbox 360 and i tried setting up Media Center and Media Player on it but i can never get a connection to my PC but media center opens and opens some of my music but an error shows up that there was an error with the operation when you try to play the song. So i tried foregetting that and set up my xbox to see my PC to use media player but everytime i try to let media player share, i get the Sharing Service has stopped message every single time. I would really like to play music on my xbox through this way. Any help?

I currently have Vista Home Premium, LINKSYS wireless router (WRG55G i believe) but everything atm is directly connected. Help MUCH APPRECIATED.

A:Windows Media Player Sharing Service Has Stopped Working

Thread reopened per request.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-media-player-sharing-service-has-stopped-working.777982/
Relevancy 82.99%

Ever Time I turn on my computer I get this error message. windows media center receiver service has stopped working. Windows media center can no longer record TV shows. When I tried to watch live TV it said I had no tuner card.

Relevancy 82.56%

I have been having a problem with my computer for a very long time now I have sent it in to get fixed twice no with no luck Before now I had no idea what the problem was on my computer I have tried updating all my drivers Wiping my harddrive and even got a new soundcard All with no Card working but stopped recovered Video has luck Just recently I have Video Card has stopped working but recovered been getting an error where it says quot A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly quot But then recovers sometimes Here is my computer specs Operating System Windows Video Card has stopped working but recovered Home Premium -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer INTEL System Model WBIBX J BIOS Default System BIOS Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTS Also here is the full descreption of my error Code Source Windows Summary Video hardware error Date PM Status Not reported Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA BCP FFFFF FFC BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product

A:Video Card has stopped working but recovered

and welcome to the Forum

Try installing the newest nVidea drivers:

Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/video-card-has-stopped-working-but-recovered-580631.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My video card stopped working This is frustrating as hell because I ve searched endlessly on forums and tried everything in my power short of turning it My help video card Please Solved: working! stopped into a repair shop to try and fix it A little background info I m afraid to say this because it sounds Solved: My video card stopped working! Please help retarded I erased a whole bunch of files that were not needed so I thought anyway on my desktop because I was going Solved: My video card stopped working! Please help to sell my p c The buyer backed out and I decided to go ahead and keep it I don t remember what exactly the files were but I really thought they were all just document files that would be useless to another user however A couple days later I booted my p c and I got a black screen and alot of clicking coming from the cd dvd drive i know this because i pinpointed it with the old paper towel roll trick Windows and everything eventually booted as normal because I could hear it but still no display I disconnected my monitor cord and plugged it into my integrated video slot reset the monitor and got my display back I then enough times to drive me mad and post this re-installed my integrated graphics driver just to have it to use while I tried to figure out what was wrong with my card uninstalled it then re-installed my own card then re-installed my own card s driver reboot and update the drivers and presto It works fine like it always did then when I reboot I get the same problem clicking no display etc Now it won t boot at all with my card in there no matter what I do Somone please help It must be a simple problem I m overlooking and it s not the card because I bought a brand new nvidia card and installed it right out of the box thinking my card crapped out and had the same problem and returned it mine is an ati The card I had installed is an ATI x pro My integrated card is an NVIDIA I have a pci expressx slot Windows XP media center edition Not sure what info you d need other than that to help but I would be more than happy to provide any other specs you might find helpfull Please only post if you re serious Yes I tried uninstalling and re-installing everything under the sun I could think of in every mode I could think of I ve also done a system restore to the earliest point possible to no avail Thanks in advance for helping me out I ve downloaded to play like red alert instead of playing my red alert and baldur s gate instead of playing my fallout and it s really starting to suck nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

all of a sudden I cannot play dtreaming video on my WMP nothing comes up I use Comcast but have aol so I tried aol's media player that didn't work either. No big chnages that should affect that I still can get "the fan" but thats not on a media device I do want to use WMP I d/l' winamp awhile back but got rid of it , its not listed anywhere in my files, so what does anyone thinnks going on? bad

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/streaming-video-devices-stopped-working.380351/
Relevancy 82.56%

I ve searched for answers to this issue and only posts I find refer to video codecs and the like My problem occurs when I try to view an image file jpeg etc Lets say on my desktop or within a folder that has multiple images I double click and open an image Then when I try to scroll through images usually using my arrow keys I will sometimes go nowhere If I carefully use the right arrow and click through the images it usually keeps going but if I use working video - issue COM Surrogate a stopped not the COM Surrogate stopped working - not a video issue up or down arrow or try to back up it stops working So then I close the image and attempt to open it again and this time it won t open I just get the quot COM Surrogate has failed quot message I can opt for quot letting Windows search for a problem quot or quot Close the program quot it doesn COM Surrogate stopped working - not a video issue t matter Then I can click and view an image again It doesn t matter what folder I am in or where even the images sitting on my desktop it doesn t seem to matter what else is in the folder sometimes folders with COM Surrogate stopped working - not a video issue nothing but a set of jpegs nbsp

A:COM Surrogate stopped working - not a video issue

Try this and let me know how it goes:
http://www.whoismadhur.com/2007/05/23/com-surrogate-error-fix/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/com-surrogate-stopped-working-not-a-video-issue.963448/
Relevancy 82.56%

Very weird occurrence today Working on a Ghz Gateway from I did two things I took its ram out because I needed to test some other ram upon taking the ram out I realized the ram I wanted to test wouldn t even fit so I put the original ram right back in I NVida Working Stopped PCI-e Video Card installed a pci card that hadn t been in there Here is slot layout of the board PCI-e - nVidia PCI PCI - Soundblaster PCI-e I installed the PCI card in the one empty PCI slot Since that meant fitting it between two cards that were already there it NVida PCI-e Video Card Stopped Working was a tight fit and the card I was putting in made some light contact with the bottom of the video card as I got it to fit So ram out and back in and that PCI card in When NVida PCI-e Video Card Stopped Working I turned the computer on there was no video NVida PCI-e Video Card Stopped Working output on the monitor at all Thinking there may be a conflict with the new PCI card I took it out and tried again Still no video output Thinking I may have have mis-seated the ram when I put it back in I took it all out and put it back in again still no video output Because my sound was on I could hear the sound effects on Windows starting so the computer was booting up there was just no video at all I was mystified and this machine has no onboard video so I pulled out an old PCI video card and put it in and plugged the monitor into that THAT worked I then took that back out and tried putting the nVidia in the OTHER PCI-e slot to see if that a made a difference It didn t I put the the PCI video card back in and left the nVidia card in and booted up Out of curiosity I went into device manager in Windows XP to see if the nVidia was even being recognized It wasn t The PCI video card was the only display adapter listed I also checked how much RAM XP was reporting just be sure that wasn t the problem and it reported the correct amount of RAM On the suggestion of a google search I went into the bios and made sure the video settings were set to auto as opposed to PCI-only I don t know how that would ve changed anyway as I haven t done anything with this machine s bios in a very long time This is where I m at Just to be clear every time I turned the computer on the nVidia s fan has started up so it s getting power This nVidia video card was working just fine just the other day I don t know what could ve happened Can anyone think of anything that might be going on here that doesn t involve the video card having been fried or something nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvida-pci-e-video-card-stopped-working.1156209/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hi you all

I often use photoshop, and I never had problems with this software.

But in my new computer, sometimes it doesn't start.
If I only start the software, no problem.
If I open an image, it continues on opening, without results, only the hourglass.

There is a small notice on the right-bottom of the desktop, that my screenshot-software can't catch.
Something like: the HD video driver *** stopped working and now it is recovered.

But the image isn't opened. I have to restart computer and try again. Sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't work only restarting photoshop

This is the video card characteristic. The NVidia software is updated.

Thank you in advance!

A:Video driver stopped working and recovered

At first, I was thinking maybe your GPU didn't have enough VRAM, but according to notebookcheck.net, the GT 745M has 2GB of VRAM (your notebook may be different). That should be plenty for PS. Check out some possible solutions below.

I have a few options you can try:

1) Clean install the latest driver. This will ensure that the driver software is cleanly installed and there are no previous drivers interfering. You can do this by downloading the latest stable driver from >>here<<, opening the installer, choosing the "Custom Install" option, and check the box that says, "Clean Install". Tell me if this helps.

2) Make sure Adobe Photoshop is up to date.

3) If the above solutions do not work, try checking out the Photoshop GPU FAQ from Adobe, which provides some tips for GPU troubleshooting. This is your best bet.

4) If the above solutions do not help, try posting to the nVidia forum or Adobe Photoshop forum since they may be able to provide you with some detailed solutions. For example, maybe your Photoshop settings are too high/intensive for your GPU. There are 2 nvidia forums you can try, the Driver Forum and/or the Mobile Hardware Forum. As for Adobe Forums, you can check out the Photoshop Forum.

Unfortunately, if no suggestions help, the card may be flawed.

I hope this helps. Best of luck.

-JC

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-driver-stopped-working-and-recovered.203657/
Relevancy 82.56%

Whenever I play Minecraft, it always crashes and a window pops up saying "AMD/ATI Video Driver has stopped working properly." I tried re-installing my Minecraft, updating java, updating my drivers, but none of the solutions worked. More info of the error:
Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA800A8064E0
BCP2: FFFFF88003C69848
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Bucket ID: X64_0x117_Tdr:2_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
Server information: 9327df33-ed99-4d37-b56f-f76ecde7dfb0

How can I fix this? Thank you!

A:AMD/ATI Video Driver has stopped working properly.

Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-ati-video-driver-has-stopped-working-properly.1143594/
Relevancy 82.56%

Why my video card stopped working after i a friend of mine cleaned it up I am getting this message quot please check video cable connection quot First of all the onboard video card does not work I was using a video card that i installed on a VGA slot it worked fine for a long time up until My PC got full of viruses I tried to clean my PC by running antivirus software and it did find and clean a bunch However it made it worse because afterwards i working? stopped my Solved: video card Why couldn t even log in the video card was still working fine I put my XP CD and run the recovery console with some recovery commands still no boot I took my hard rive out installed it on my other PC as slave and run check disk utility - still no luck Run antivirus software from my other PC and it did not find anymore viruses However my video card as i said it was working fine by then I took it to friend s house so he could fix this boot problem that i had He told me he could not made the video card to work with his PC he is Solved: Why my video card stopped working? a computer person I got it back to my House and decided it to reinstall my OS When I boot the PC to reinstall XP again I got this message quot please check Solved: Why my video card stopped working? video cable connection quot And I said that s strange because it was working fine when i took it to my friend I called him to ask him quot what did you do to it quot I cleaned the inside of it because it was all dirty - that s all I did he said He and I then tried both another VGA and PCI video card to see if it was the video card but no luck Solved: Why my video card stopped working? by the way the PC was not posting - no beeps at all He Took the CMOS battery for seconds and no luck Disconnect the hard rive DVD CD drive floppy drive RAM and still no signal and no posting b I Took all the components mention above with an addition to the video card to see if the PC would post and nop no posting at all No beeps Finally yesterday I took the motherboard out and cleaned blowing air with my mouth i did not have compress air jeje put it back into the case I tried it without RAM hard drive DVD CD drive floppy drive to see if it would post and without all these components all I hear is One Long Beep After another one and it keeps repeating after or seconds I put the RAM back in it power the PC back on and now BEEPS at all again I tried it with the hard rive and DVD CD drive AND NO RAM and i get the same One Long Beep After another one So only without the RAM I can hear those long beeps but without the RAM no beeps at all What can the problem be Can someone please give me any suggestions I need my PC Please someone thanx in advanced nbsp

Relevancy 82.56%

hi to all
Ive got problem, randomly my screen flickers when Im in IDLE or watching clips and stuff like that and then it comes back to normal and I get message driver has stopped working and now has recovered. My system specs are: M4A89GTD PRO MB, hd 5850 gigabyte and my processor is phenom ii 965 so if someone knows what it is please let me know...

A:video driver has stopped working and has recovered

Hello Stex. Welcome to the Forum.

Someone just posted the same issue here: Display Driver has stopped Responding ans has Recovered Successfully.
Take a read of my post there and see if you can diagnose your culprit and post back what you find and we can help you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/122712-video-driver-has-stopped-working-has-recovered.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I receive the following error when booting up my pc:

Utility which indexes Corel media folder has stopped working.

How do I fix this? I have received a few physical memory dumps......is this maybe related to this error?

I have a Dell E521, Vista operating system, and Corel 8 (I think).

Thank you-

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-utility-which-indexes-corel-media-folder-has-stopped-working.674403/
Relevancy 82.13%

For a few weeks now Media Center has not been able to view live TV It reports a quot Tuner Not Found quot error Some of the things tried Device Manager working properly ViXS PureTV-U B NTSC ATSC Combo Windows did not find any driver updates available HP hardware diagnostic - pass restore to before the problem started - no luck Google search - several similar instances most old or not applicable This forum search - threads no applicable solution check of ehRecvr service in task manager - running Rerun of media center setup - can't find the error Found Tunner TV Live Not Center stopped working Media in with tuner in setup I'm stumped I suspect a corrupt database or configuration file I had a stubborn Media Center problem similar to this a few years ago resolved on phone support that I didn't document I vaguely remember deleting some configuration stuff manually before doing a media center setup Vista Bit Home Premium - software is current HP media center computer m f

A:Live TV stopped working with Tunner Not Found error in Media Center

There is a driver here which may work for you Spring 2008 Original ViXS PureTV-U 48B0 TV Tuner Driver - HP technical support (United Kingdom - English)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/live-tv-stopped-working-with-tunner-not-found-error-in-media-center-638642.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey folks,

I've been struggling with the 'Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working' error for a month or two, maybe more now and it's beginning to really frustrate me.

It only occurs when I'm in a folder with video files, doesn't matter what kind (not corrupt files as it happens across the board) and also when I try to Alt + Tab through windows.

Anyone have any ideas? I've virus scanned with MalwareBytes and also scanned for Spyware. Updated Windows and still no luck.

Thanks in advance.

A:'Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working' Video Files and Alt + Tab

CTRL ALT DELETE then click task manager and click file new task then type
"explorer.exe" without "

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/170803-windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-video-files-alt-tab.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Hi I see there are a pa... 10 the latest working stopped Video Windows after drivers lot of questions regarding the Radeon Video Display drivers Anyone else experience this After the latest patching of the Radeon video drivers last week th of August my screen turned black nbsp If I try to reboot the display freeze after about seconds - during the boot process Video drivers stopped working after the latest Windows 10 pa... with the dots going around under the HP logo nbsp It took some time before I realized what was wrong so I completely reinstalled the Windows OS twice nbsp So this is what happens - I completely wipe the HD with a new Windows installation - I get a notification that the Radeon video driveres is not optimal - And after about - minutes the screen goes black - If I try to reboot the machine is stuck on the HP logo with the dots going around nbsp I did this procedure twice before I understood that nothing is actually wrong with the computer The second time I managed to change the boot procedure so I could press F and push the machine into Safe boot nbsp So now the goal is to find correct drivers and downgrade in Safe mode Anyone tried that Is there a trick maby download the drivers on another machine and bring them over using a USB stick nbsp Kind regards Jarle nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Video-drivers-stopped-working-after-the-latest-Windows-10/td-p/5727067
Relevancy 81.7%

Hey,

When to try to run the FFXIV Beta game program I get the error "FFXIV Beta has stopped working." Here's more detail:

Faulting application ffxivboot.exe, version 0.9.1.0, time stamp 0x4c24bc27, faulting module atiumdag.dll, version 8.14.10.728, time stamp 0x4b732d1c, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00216d26, process id 0x1510, application start time 0x01cb4c55887ff803.

and

- System

- Provider
[ Name] Application Error

- EventID 1000
[ Qualifiers] 0

Level 2

Task 100

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2010-09-04T17:20:57.000Z

EventRecordID 143731

Channel Application

Computer -PC

Security
- EventData
ffxivboot.exe
4c24bc27
atiumdag.dll
4b732d1c
c0000005
00216d26
01cb4c55887ff803

I upgrade my video card from 256mb to 1gb and it did not fix it. I installed new drivers, directx, i don't know what else to do.
Thanks

A:Video game (FFXIV Beta) has stopped working

faulting module atiumdag.dll, version 8.14.10.728

assuming you have an ATI card thats a driver error (your gpu driver)

a quick google

(because that fault is ALL OVER the internet!!http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=8.1...ient=firefox-a )

tells me thats a common error and you need to upgrade your drivers to 10.8 , yours by the looks of that code are 10.7

Final Fantasy XIV has stopped working | Windows 7 Themes

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/282674-video-game-ffxiv-beta-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Firefox 5.0.1 w/ easy Youtube video downloader 5.2, noscript 2.1.2.5rc1, Better Privacy 1.65, Personas 1.6.2 & WOT 20110704
Mac OS 10.6.8

The download button is no longer present on Youtube.com. I have also been getting the error message "Javascript application BVDCore.videoformats is undefined" whenever I play a youtube video, altho the video plays w/out problem. Easy Youtube video downloader was last updated 7-17-11; noscript was updated today.

Googling the BVDcore message - support.mozilla.com recommends disabling Easy Youtube video downloader to get rid of the error message. Googling easy youtube video downloader w/ and w/out missing button didn't yield any info on recent problems.

Anyone know how I can get the download button back?

A:easy Youtube video downloader stopped working

I dunno. There are plenty of video downloaders out there. I would ditch that one and use a different one. I have used Real Player for a while now and it will download any embedded video clip, not just Youtube.

http://www.real.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/411978/easy-youtube-video-downloader-stopped-working/
Relevancy 81.7%

Yesterday afternoon I was playing Grand Theft Auto IV on my PC and while I was in-game the sound started to Stutters/Lags! -HELP!- Stopped and Video Working Audio crackle and slow down and then suddenly turned off sound only I was still able to play the game without any issues but there was no sound I exited to Desktop Windows SP and there was NO SOUND AT ALL Nothing made the sound work I had to reboot the computer and then the sound came back but after a couple of minutes again the sound stopped working This time I was NOT playing any game I was just surfing the web I rebooted again and then went to YouTube and tried playing a Audio Stopped Working and Video Stutters/Lags! -HELP!- video the video played like slow-motion couple of FPS and Audio Stopped Working and Video Stutters/Lags! -HELP!- there was no sound again After another reboot I tried playing a video I had on my computer using Windows Media Player It played fine for a couple of minutes and then it started to stutter lag like slow-motion and the sound the cut-off I can't figure out what caused this Audio Stopped Working and Video Stutters/Lags! -HELP!- issue and I'm not sure how to go about fixing this Please help This is so frustrating I can't use my PC because there is no sound and I can't view watch any videos I've been having several issues with GTA IV missing textures etc so I completely removed uninstalled the game and ran CC Cleaner to remove any traces of the game I also updated all of my drivers there was a Windows update yesterday so that might have caused it and checked Device Manager to make sure nothing was out of sync I also checked Task Manager to see if any service process was hogging the resources but nothing was The System Idle Process was at around which is normal right I tried playing a video and looking at Task Manager and didn't see any abnormalities but the sound cut off and it lagged really badly I also ran chkdsk and sfc scannow on BOTH the C-drive and L-drive where GTA IV was installed and there were no errors or irregularities found I also scanned the computer with MSE and ran Anti-Malware Bytes and no malicious software malware was found I'm using a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium HD PCI-E sound card and have the latest drivers for that I have never had this issue before and it happened for the first time yesterday while playing GTA IV GTA IV was heavily modded ENB mod ultra-high graphics etc etc but the temps of the CPU GPUs were all fine around C for the CPU and around - C for the three GPUs Some basic system info OS Win x SP CPU i X GPU EVGA GTX- GB Tri-SLI Sound Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium HD MoBo Asus P T WS Supercomputer latest BIOS Please help me resolve this issue Is there any diagnosis I can run to check for errors etc

A:Audio Stopped Working and Video Stutters/Lags! -HELP!-

BUMP! Someone help!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/audio-stopped-working-and-video-stutters-lags-help-599138.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I get these two error messages every time I start my computer, is there any help? I have an Acer 4810T

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/oddpwr-has-stopped-working-and-epowertray-has-stopped-working.1129242/
Relevancy 80.84%

I want help. I have dell inspiron 1500 laptop earlier I had windows XP and I used to connect my laptop to TV using S-Video cable and FN F8 key

now i upgraded my operating system to Vista and from then I am unable to connect to TV as my F8 it seems does not work

does anybody else faced the same issue after upgrading to windows Vista can anyone suggest me any solution

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/upgraded-to-windows-vista-s-video-connection-stopped-working-206722.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Alright so here is the story problem I was going After Windows Video Working PCIE Card Stopped Update to bed a couple nights ago and everything was working fine I saw that windows was doing an update so I put the computer in hibernate and went to bed woke up and turned the computer on All of the sudden my computer is running off of my onboard graphics instead of my video card So I researched the problem and found that I had to disable it in bios disable it in device manager and switch around my ram slots did that restarted the computer nothing so I decided to restart the PCIE Video Card Stopped Working After Windows Update computer again and then windows said it couldn't configure an update so it's reverting back after that my video card magically started working again BUT I forgot to turn automatic updates off so the next PCIE Video Card Stopped Working After Windows Update time I restarted my computer the updates went forth and now it's running off of my onboard graphics card again I have not been able to revert it I have tried uninstalling the updates but that doesn't work either I don't have windows install discs so I can't re install windows Any ideas Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pcie-video-card-stopped-working-after-windows-update-456625.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I m using an issue? suddenly software broken or stopped card working. Video NVidia Video card suddenly stopped working. broken or software issue? GT video card or I was Over the last few weeks every once in a while my monitor would get no signal Once I restarted the computer the signal was restored and everything was fine I got a pretty bad virus this weekend and shortly after I managed to finally fix my system my video card no longer sends any signal at all It doesn t matter which port on the card I plug my monitor into I get no signal Restarting no longer solves the issue The monitor works fine if I plug it into the VGA port on the back of my computer so I know its not that When I opened the tower up I noticed it was pretty dusty inside My question is this Was the timing just a coincidence Is my card fried to to dust buildup overheating or did the removal of the infected files somehow remove something that allowed my card to be detected and run nbsp

A:Video card suddenly stopped working. broken or software issue?

Video cards are among the most common failure components in a computer over the past three years in our part of the Southwest.... Whether nVidia or ATI

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-suddenly-stopped-working-broken-or-software-issue.132838/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I have a problem that has been bugging me quite a while Randomly whether gaming or not sometimes even when on Hardware working - stopped Nvidia error recovered. Video and driver google chrome i am getting this problem Nvidia driver stops working and recovered I went through vgas a new power supply new ram Though since I installed the gtx the problem only occured in weeks but it is really random can't say during gaming or not I also tried furmarks burni in test and prime mark to stress my pc and it always passes with flying colours The following is the code i receive A problem with your video hardware Video Hardware error - Nvidia driver stopped working and recovered. caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA B F E BCP FFFFF F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Bucket ID X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Server information b bd - cb- e- aa -ebcf a b b My Current system specs Gigabyte EP -UD P Mobo CPU Q Video Hardware error - Nvidia driver stopped working and recovered. GB Corsair dominator VGAs I tried GT GTX GTX - Bought new for me by my friend - got receipts and all PSU W eVGA I know I have a big bottleneck but I am planning to get a corei later on and build the system Any Ideas Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7b9bff2d-1233-419b-b269-1d8132627149/video-hardware-error-nvidia-driver-stopped-working-and-recovered?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey, Fellas, I'm back.
Lately when I've tried looking at different folders and files on my hard drives I keep getting "Windows Explorer has stopped working and will restart." It's driving me nuts, I can barely do anything.
Also, same thing with Internet Explorer...I'm getting real sick of Vista's shoddiness..

A:Windows Explorer Stopped Working, Internet Explorer Stopped Working, what DOES work?

Hi,
Have a look at the events log and make a virus scan too.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/170404-windows-explorer-stopped-working-internet-explorer-stopped-working-what-does-work.html
Relevancy 79.55%

hello,
my computer has been saying that it has been low on ram for a while, but i would ignore it as i have just finished download call of duty modern warfare 2 (a large game) and have been wanting to play it. Suddenly, my sound ceased to work and windows media player wont play files, instead putting a red x next to them as if they cant find them. When my headphones are plugged in the jack it wont work, but when i take the sound jack out my computers speakers (which are coming from the monitor) make very strange noises. I have a windows vista 32 bit and i would appreciate some help. Thank you.

A:[SOLVED] Sound suddenly stopped working and windows media player wont recognise files

Windows requires considerable memory to run media player.
If it is out of memory it wont even start.

Try to disable some things and see if it will work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-sound-suddenly-stopped-working-and-windows-media-player-wont-recognise-files-451715.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me I have been having a lot of issues with my computer and using the internet I keep getting messages such as windows explorer has stopped working and Host process for windows services stopped working I haven t been able to stream services for Host stopped Windows / working explorer process stopped has windows videos with the exception of youtube download certain programs and browsing sites is slow I remember my computer being fine until a window update but I don t know if that s a coincidence or not I have tired uninstalling windows explorer and system restore to no avail I would really appreciate any help or Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped advice Here is a report for one of the error messages I received Description A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Problem signature Problem Event Name AppHangXProcB Application Name iexplore exe Application Version Application Timestamp cf Hang Signature Hang Type Waiting on Application Name iexplore exe Waiting on Application Version OS Version Locale ID Additional Hang Signature a d f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd Additional Hang Signature Additional Hang Signature a d Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped f b ae b adee Additional Hang Signature e Additional Hang Signature e ab c eaf fc a fd

A:Windows explorer has stopped working / Host process for windows services stopped

Do things get better if you boot into Safe Mode with Networking?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508582/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-host-process-for-windows-services-stopped/
Relevancy 79.12%

I have set Windows Media Player as the default player for .mp3but have a problem that although WMP is on the start menu when I double clickon it or its shortcut it will just flicker and not load.
I have tried different ways to play the .mp3 files by rightclicking on a file and open it but get an error message as shown below.
How can I get WMP to load as it seems to be corrupted?

A:Problem with Windows Media Player stopped loading.

Originally Posted by scopio

I have set Windows Media Player as the default player for .mp3but have a problem that although WMP is on the start menu when I double clickon it or its shortcut it will just flicker and not load.
I have tried different ways to play the .mp3 files by rightclicking on a file and open it but get an error message as shown below.
How can I get WMP to load as it seems to be corrupted?

I had an issue with WMP that was solved by removing it from the Windows Features/Media features (unchecking the box seen in your post), restarting, and then re-enabling it, and then restarting. When I then launched WMP it rebuilt its music library and everything worked correctly. You might give this process a try.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/41896-problem-windows-media-player-stopped-loading.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I hope you guys can help me fix this as I can t find any information on google and forgive me for not being too computer literate stopped has working" "Onex problem Basically a couple of days ago I suddenly got attacked by a lot of spyware and trojans I think I had the security suite pop ups and protect your pc pop ups constantly annoying me but luckily there was quite a lot of information on google and through booting up in safe mode running rkill and super anti spyware and Malware bytes anti malware programs I managed to "Onex has stopped working" problem get rid of it I then installed Microsoft Security Essentials for virus protection However it seems not everything was fixed as google searches would redirect me to weird gambling sites but again I fixed this with the help of another little program I found on google Anyway after all this was done it seemed finally my computer was clean and so far it seems to be but everytime I turn on my computer and every so often I get a little box that comes up and says quot Onex has stopped working quot and quot Microsoft will notify you if a solution can be found quot After a bit of google searching I realised Onex is a dll file but I don t know how to repair fix it if this is what I need to do Whilst it doesn t seem to "Onex has stopped working" problem be affecting anything I do and everything works fine it is a tad annoying and I would appreciate any help in getting rid of this problem Many thanks Oh and I m using Vista bit

A:"Onex has stopped working" problem

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932063, see data for Symptom 5.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/345494/onex-has-stopped-working-problem/
Relevancy 76.97%

I have been having this issue since finding and resolving several has to stopped working ooVoo a problem due viruses I hink there must be ooVoo has stopped working due to a problem something else still here I have run Norton scan and malwarebytes in safe mode ooVoo has stopped working due to a problem and have found nothing Here is a copy of an OTL scan Let me know if you need more Thanks SO much JOY OTL logfile created on PM - Run OTL by OldTimer - Version Folder C Users joy Downloads bit- Professional Service Pack Version - Type NTWorkstation Internet Explorer Version Locale Country United States Language ENU Date Format M d yyyy Gb Total Physical Memory Gb Available Physical Memory Memory free Gb Paging File Gb Available in Paging File Paging File free Paging file location s c pagefile sys binary data SystemDrive C SystemRoot C Windows ProgramFiles C Program Files x Drive C Gb Total Space Gb Free Space Space Free Partition Type NTFS Drive D Mb Total Space Mb Free Space Space Free Partition Type UDF Computer Name JOY-PC User Name joy Logged in as Administrator Boot Mode Normal Scan Mode Current user Include bit Scans Company Name Whitelist Off Skip Microsoft Files Off No Company Name Whitelist On File Age Days Processes SafeList PRC - C Users joy Downloads OTL exe OldTimer Tools PRC - C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Mozilla Corporation PRC - C Program Files x Garmin Device Interaction Service GarminService exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries PRC - C Program Files x Norton Engine n exe Symantec Corporation PRC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe Adobe Systems Incorporated PRC - C Program Files x iolo System Mechanic LiveBoost exe iolo technologies LLC PRC - C Program Files x iolo Common Lib ioloServiceManager exe iolo technologies LLC PRC - C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Security Scan kss exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO PRC - C Program Files x Siber Systems AI RoboForm robotaskbaricon exe Siber Systems PRC - C Program Files x Common Files iSkysoft iSkysoft Helper Compact ISHelper exe iSkySoft PRC - C Program Files x Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe Logitech Inc PRC - C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe Logitech Inc Modules No Company Name MOD - C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash NPSWF dll MOD - C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash NPSWF dll MOD - C Program Files x Common Files iSkysoft iSkysoft Helper Compact DAQExp dll MOD - C Program Files x Common Files iSkysoft iSkysoft Helper Compact CBSCreateVC dll MOD - C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software QTXml dll MOD - C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software ImageFormats QJpeg dll MOD - C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software ImageFormats QGif dll MOD - C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software QTGui dll MOD - C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software QTCore dll Services SafeList SRV bit - IEEtwCollectorService -- C Windows SysNative IEEtwCollector exe Microsoft Corporation SRV bit - DiagTrack -- C Windows SysNative diagtrack dll Microsoft Corporation SRV bit - Intel reg -- C Windows SysNative IPROSetMonitor exe Intel Corporation SRV bit - WinDefend -- C Program Files Windows Defender MpSvc dll Microsoft Corporation SRV bit - AppMgmt -- C Windows SysNative appmgmts dll Microsoft Corporation SRV bit - CISVC -- C Windows SysNative CISVC EXE Microsoft Corporation SRV - AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc -- C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerUpdateService exe Adobe Systems Incorporated SRV - MozillaMaintenance -- C Program Files x Mozilla Maintenance Service maintenanceservice exe Mozilla Foundation SRV - Garmin Device Interaction Service -- C Program Files x Garmin Device Interaction Service GarminService exe Garmin Ltd or its subsidiaries SRV - MBAMService -- C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe Malwarebytes SRV - N -- C Program Files x Norton Engine N exe Symantec Corporation SRV - AdobeARMservice -- C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe Adobe Systems Incorporated... Read more

A:ooVoo has stopped working due to a problem

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the LogFile button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleanerCx.txt (x is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.How to attach a file to your reply:In the Reply section in the bottom of the topic Click the "more reply Options" button.Attach the file.Select the "Choose a File" navigate to the location of the File.Click the file you wish to Attach.Click the Add reply button.===Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596456/oovoo-has-stopped-working-due-to-a-problem/
Relevancy 76.97%

Someday a networking guru can tell me why this works but I ll just leave when fix wireless to working problem DI-604 Way stopped it DI-604 Way to fix problem when wireless stopped working here for others I have a D-Link DI- that has worked happily for about years This includes a wired-in connection and - other devices laptop WII Tivo DI-604 Way to fix problem when wireless stopped working etc Last week the wireless suddenly stopped working though the wired-in is fine It broadcasts but nothing could connect to it After rebooting things router laptop desktop and powering down everything and powering back up the wireless connections still did not work and I was a wits end I DI-604 Way to fix problem when wireless stopped working reset the DI- back to the factory settings using the Reset button on the back I went through the configuration steps again but neglected to rename the Wireless Network Name I originally had it as the name of our cat wife s request So when I rebooted things I had left the Wireless Network Name to the default quot dlink quot Everything started working Super I saw that the name was still the default so I went into the web-page for the router to change it back to the cat s name After doing that the DI- rebooted which I expected I then checked the wireless connections and nothing was working again arrrgghh So I went back in and changed the Wireless Network Name back to dlink rebooted the router again and now everything works again So bottom line If your wireless stops working take minutes rename the Wireless Network Name to dlink and reboot If that doesn t work you may need to reset back to your factor settings but leave the name dlink It fixed me maybe it will fix you too Dear future wireless guru - why did this work I haven t got a clue nbsp

A:DI-604 Way to fix problem when wireless stopped working

That's pretty odd, I'd try updating the firmware and see if that makes a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/di-604-way-to-fix-problem-when-wireless-stopped-working.865670/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi Everyone I have recently discovered that my USB port splitter has stopped working suddenly It is about years old and I am pretty sure it only supports USB devices up to I am not exactly sure what caused it to stop working suddenly but I have two possible ideas A few days ago when I had it plugged in the notification area displayed a message saying quot This device can perform faster if connected to a Problem Working USB Port 4 Stopped port quot I am guessing this may have mucked up my USB device because my Port USB is plugged into my computer via USB and devices connected to it are all Also I seem to have noticed quite a lot of USB drivers when I open device manager under quot Universal Serial Bus controllers' and I am wondering if I need to disable one of them to allow my USB port to work This is what happened with my sound utility I know 4 Port USB Problem Stopped Working that is should probably be plugged in to one of my other USB ports on my computer but nothing happens there either I think it needs to be reconised by the computer then it needs to install a driver called quot MTT USB Hub quot or something Any help 4 Port USB Problem Stopped Working would be greatly appreciated

A:4 Port USB Problem Stopped Working

Disconnect one of the USB devices you have connected to your 4 port splitter, remove the 4 port from the computer & plug the USB device directly into the USB port, thereby by passing the 4 port device. If it now works then the 4 port is probably faulty.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/344426-4-port-usb-problem-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey guys,

every time i right click any object/ file in windows explorer or on my desktop, windows explorer stops working!

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium.

Here is the exact error message:

<<<Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Application Timestamp: 49e01da5
Hang Signature: 2b14
Hang Type: 4
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Additional Hang Signature 1: 2eafb1e12a73dd346e7dd771597ba36a
Additional Hang Signature 2: 957d
Additional Hang Signature 3: a5d505ebfc150184886d1ab72dea77e2
Additional Hang Signature 4: c911
Additional Hang Signature 5: f8a8ba54711a6ddeb69a73359b77c9f1
Additional Hang Signature 6: b3c8
Additional Hang Signature 7: 0207a897d213bde9d1235c3f2ed7d569>>>

I have also attached a screen shot of the message.

Any Help is Really Appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!
drummerboy95

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-problem.963934/
Relevancy 76.11%

i am having all kinds of problems and they are all stating basically the same thing as the titile it is either: internet options will not open when i click on the icon in the control panel; problem solution stopped working. When I am away from my laptop for some time and it goes into the sleep mode i click on the icon to start working again it will click back to the locked icon. i am a novice when it comes to troubleshooting; also i get the same message when i try to clean disk (problem reporting solution stopped working)

A:problem report solution stopped working

The first thing I'd do is run chkdsk from the Recovery Console.

Instructions:

1) Boot from the Vista CD

2) Choose the Repair -> Recovery Console options when prompted.

3) Type "chkdsk /r" (without the quotes) at the prompt

This will likely take 30-40 minutes, but often solves many OS related issues.

If chkdsk hangs or otherwise doesn't complete all 5 steps, let me know. That's unlikely, but I've seen it happen.

Assuming chkdsk does complete, reboot the laptop and see if you can access internet options or still receive errors. Reply with results.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/problem-report-solution-stopped-working-533894.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I was running Vista and when I saw the email that Windows 7 Beta was available. I jumped on the upgrade because Vista is so awful. Windows 7 also installed ie8. When I try to go to a URL I get a small window error message saying, ?Internet Explorer has stopped working?. This happens on most URLs. Strange that Google and a few other sites work fine. I also get the same error when I try to run Yahoo IM and the Weather Channel Desktop. Anyone else have this problem and/or have a solution?

Also, I did not have this problem with Vista and ie7.

A:ie8 Problem-Internet Explorer has stopped working

epapps-
Hi, my name?s Cody, and I?m working with the Internet Explorer Outreach Team to help answer questions that users might have about their copies of Internet Explorer.
Just yesterday, Microsoft published and update that will improve the web browsing experience for users running the Windows 7 Beta. This update addresses many of the top crashes and hangs from the Windows 7 Beta, which includes those caused by Internet Explorer as from other third party components. I?d recommend checking it out! You can either find it here: http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/ or by accessing Windows Update on your Start Menu.
I hope this helps!
Thanks,
Cody
Internet Explorer Outreach Team

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie8-problem-internet-explorer-has-stopped-working-346171.html
Relevancy 76.11%

This problem began the last couple days On startup I receive the error message quot Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working quot followed by quot Windows Explorer is Restarting quot These messages repeat In addition I am Working" Explorer Has "Windows Stopped Problem receiving "Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Problem other messages concerning startup programs that have quot stopped working quot I don't know if this is malware etc but I downloaded DDS and have posted the log below Any help would be greatly appreciated DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Steve at on Sat Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system TAMSvr exe C Windows Microsoft Net Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system WLANExt exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Windows system fsproflt exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files O Micro Flash Memory Card Driver o flash exe C TOSHIBA IVP ISM pinger exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files Toshiba TOSHIBA DVD PLAYER TNaviSrv exe C Windows system TODDSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TosCoSrv exe C Program Files Toshiba Bluetooth Toshiba Stack TosBtSrv exe C Program Files TOSHIBA SMARTLogService TosIPCSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Ulead Systems DVD ULCDRSvr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba traybar exe C Program Files TrueSuite Access Manager FpNotifier exe C Program Files TrueSuite Access Manager usbnotify exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files TrueSuite Access Manager PwdBank exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files Toshiba Power Saver TPwrMain exe C Program Files Toshiba SmoothView SmoothView exe C Program Files TrueSuite Access Manager CssSvr exe C Program Files Toshiba FlashCards TCrdMain exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema for TOSHIBA PCMAgent exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerCinema for TOSHIBA Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Unlocker UnlockerAssistant exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files Toshiba TOSCDSPD TOSCDSPD exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Gadwin Systems PrintScreen PrintScreen exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Users Steve AppData Local Temp exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files Camera Assistant Software for Toshiba CEC MAIN exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Toshiba ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Windows system taskeng ... Read more

A:"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working" Problem

The error messages I am receiving on startup are:

"Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working"
"Windows Explorer is restarting"
"Usernit Logon Application Has Stopped Working"
"Task Scheduler Engine Has Stopped Working"

The first two error messages repeat several times.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/237183/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-problem/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to read / answers / suggestions....
PSR.EXE does run, but it doesn't actually record anything since August.
When it outputs the zip file every time during testing:
Recording Session: 01/01/1601 00:00:00 - 00:00:00
Problem Steps: 0, Missed Steps: 0, Other Errors: 0
Operating System: 7601.23136.amd64fre.win7sp1_ldr.150715-0600 6.1.1.0.2.4
The file is always 3KB in size.
I've tried different accounts (local, domain, domain admin, local admin) all have the same results, basically no output, screen shots, notes etc.
This seems to affect the majority of tested machines on our domain.
There doesn't seem to be any event viewer or log file entries for it (or if there is I cannot find them).
Dependency walker does indicate there may be errors in some dll's or dll's missing, but, I've cross referenced them against a machine that does function OK and they seem consistent.
Any suggestions before I open up a support ticket ?
Many thanks.
Brian

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0525f23b-0051-4c0f-bf45-d67bfb2a3612/problem-steps-recorder-stopped-working?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, new to vistax64!

I have vista x86 sp2.
I get 'explorer has stopped working' error when trying to set dreamscene as background.
after that error comes, explorer restarts and my background is still old(without dreamscene).
Please help me, I want dreamscene!

(sorry for my english)

A:DreamScene problem - explorer has stopped working

Hi TGG,

Are your video card drivers are up to date?

Aero enabled?

What are your specs? ie CPU and video card

Unfortunately dream scene was a great idea, but is buggy as hell.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259217-dreamscene-problem-explorer-has-stopped-working.html
Relevancy 76.11%

My PR&S has ceased to function,it just stopped working,does Anyone know why or did I turn something off that was supposed to stay on?? This is driving me nuts,could someone please help me?? I'm a novice and this really bugs me!!

A:Problem reporting and solutions stopped working

Did you turn off anything in Services? Or the Task Scheduler? You can access both from the control panel-administrative tools. Here's a list that shows the default settings for the services. Check to make sure you have Problem Reports and Solutions and Windows Error reporting set appropriately restart them if they're stopped and any others that may have been changed different from the default settings.
Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Service Configurations by Black Viper

http://www.vistax64.com/software/211368-problem-reporting-solutions-stopped-working.html