Windows Support Forum

Microsoft Lumia 950 over heat issue

Q: Microsoft Lumia 950 over heat issue

Three days back i purchased a lumia 950 and faced lot of over heating issue and some times it doesn't respond . Yesterday I gave it for service center . Lost hope from Microsoft releasing this kind of phone in market that too its not a low end phone I would have gone for Lumia 640xl lte .

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441172-microsoft-lumia-950-over-heat-issue.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Microsoft Lumia 950 over heat issue

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 67.51%

Hello, I've read in multiple threads online about people speaking of the Lumia 950 or 950 XL heating while charging or so, is that true? and would it usually cause a problem? And does anyone of you guys have any idea which phone heats more?
Thanks.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435561-does-your-lumia-950%5Cxl-over-heat.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I have a new gateway notebook with an 1.6ghz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50 cpu... ive recently checked (10 mins ago) my temps inside this thing and my cpu core temp is running at 160F. an insanely high temp. is there a way to improve cooling in this thing without underclocking (im a overclocker not an underclocker) ive never seen it this hot until now...any help would be great i curently have the computer sitting on a honeywell fan to keep it cool... and im down to 110F yay! but this is no solution

A:HEAT HEAT HEAT Gateway heat woes

Yes, that converts to a bit over 71 degrees Centigrade... and is getting to the edge of its range... You will have earlier failure.
That model simply does not have the cooling system you need with three of four fans to move the air out.
If you have dogs or cats, clean the guts of the case with Dust Off every week... to remove the dust and hair.
But there isn't much help for you. Lower priced laptops never make good gaming machines.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/heat-heat-heat-gateway-heat-woes.79248/
Relevancy 53.75%

This is a wierd question but...

I am using MBMonitor to check my cpu heat.

Lately it has been runing at ~62 Degrees.

So i decided to pull it out of its place, lay it down and take off the cover. After i layed it down in aproximatly 20 seconds the CPU temp went down 10 degrees to ~51. Why is this?
Could it be a faulty diode or is my cpu cooler putting to much strain on my cpu while it hangs off of it.

Thanks for all you help.

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, i recently bought this awesome desktop and its my 1st after many years of laptop usage...i use 3d cad apps alot and do much rendering...this takes my system temp to abt 94 degrees celsius...my processor runs at abt 4.1ghz when this happens...will a liquid cooling system work/help my rig ?...and if yes, how do i get one installed correctly ?

A:Hp 750-175 se cto heat issue

@Chux011?, welcome to the forum. You do have an awesome computer, but are correct in being concerned about the temperatures.  It would not be good to run it at those temps. I have a similar computer (HP 860-170vr) with the same motherboard and chipset.  I use it for gaming and it runs very cool under the stress of some highend games with Ultra settings.  It has liquid cooling on the processor, however. If you decide to go with liquid cooling, I suggest contacting one of the manufacturers to see if they have a system that will work with your computer. Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Hp-750-175-se-cto-heat-issue/td-p/5827612
Relevancy 53.75%

The problem is with a Dell optiplex SX270. When the pc is switched on after being off for a night, it restarts a couple of times untill it gets hot (very hot) you can barely touch the top of it. The strange thing is when it is hot it works fine, but when it is cold it will restart a few times. Even stranger is you can turn it off during the day untill completely cold, turn it on and it will be fine, only when off for the whole night does it do this.

A:Heat issue with pc

The easy and stupid solution is to keep it running all the time, the decent solution is to check and see where is the problem.

Did you get in touch with Dell customer support?What did they say?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/heat-issue-with-pc.42010/
Relevancy 53.75%

My buddy has a rig with a P ht gb of Ram and asus P P S Mobo with a cd-rw and dvd-rw as well as an GB IDE drive and a GB SATA drive He is running a W power supply Sometimes his case gets hot you can actually feel the warmth on the outside of it and of course he s concerned It doesn t seem as though Issue. Heat performance is an issue but I m wondering if he needs a more powerful PSU or maybe another fan inside the case Heat Issue. to help things out a little I installed mobo monitor to check what the temps are like and I wasn t too pleased By just downloading torrents the cpu temp climbed all the way to degrees but what was also strange was that task manager said the cpu use was up to almost and this was with no other processes running It seems to be a problem with the cpu fan heatsink combo Am I right to assume this nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I'm on a Dell Latitude laptop right now and the heat issue is driving me crazy. The average temperature is about 60-70C, usually even going up to 80C when it's really hot. This makes it so that whenever I'm playing games on it, the computer will sacrifice speed to clock down on the temperature, and I get extremely bad lag, making it impossible for me to play at all.

Can anyone explain why my computer is so hot, and give me some suggestions as to how to fix it? Is there any possible way to stop the computer from sacrificing the speed in order to cool itself down?

Thanks in advance

BTW, the fan is always on high, yet the temperature is still very high..

A:Heat Issue

have you tried cleaning the vents out - seen a few laptops fixed with temp problems here - by cleaning

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/heat-issue.484838/
Relevancy 53.75%

I have had numerous crashes like this but here are the last few.
Thet are all Locale ID: 1033, BCCode: 124

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382986-heat-issue.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I have recently purchased an HP dv5-1015tx laptop(P7350,3GB DDR2-800 Ram,250 [email protected] rpm HDD,Nvidia Geforce 9600M GT,Standard resolution(1280*800) brightview infinity display......The problem is the idle temperatures of the 9600M GT is always between 55-65 degrees celsius(with the back of the laptop raised by about 2 inches) and while running Race Driver Grid and playing it for about 15 min, the card gets burning hot at 100-102 degrees celsius...is this something seriously abnormal for a laptop? Is it even abnormal for a DV5 as they are known to generate enormous amounts of heat? The palmrest becomes very hot that occasionaly I have to remove my hand! Also the keyboard becomes warm...Please help me out guys!

A:HP dv5 heat issue

The newer HP laptops have a known overheating issue that normally takes out the wireless card first..and then continues destroy more and more of the laptop. There only solution to this is updating the bios to make the fans spin faster to compensate. Go to hp.com and find a bios update for your laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv5-heat-issue.112932/
Relevancy 53.75%

Recently I sent my Hp Pavilion dv in to HP to get repaired Heat issue? The problem was the motherboard overheated and fried I got it back about two weeks ago and Heat issue? now while playing Guild Wars every so often the computer will freeze the screen will freeze and blur across the monitor and the only thing i can do is manually shut it down and restart I ve tried just about everything including downloading new drivers updating BIOS Before i sent it in there was never a problem with this Speedfan says when im running Guild Wars its usually around - degrees Celsius I am running on Windows Vista Home Premium an Amd Turion X TL- Geforce Go GB ram Does this sound like a heat issue It seems to happen maybe a little less frequently when I have a fan right up next to it Vents should not be clogged with dust as I ve only had computer about months Here s an example of what freeze looks like nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

I just bought a new computer less than a month ago heat I I have believe a issue and I have been experiencing problems while playing games the last week I believe I have a heat issue or so I have updated all my drivers NVIDIA driver screen driver windows completely updated So I believe that that is not my issue It is only when I run computer games that the games freeze up The game simple stops and sound disappears and the only thing I can do is press the reset button The games I play is Warhammer Online and Half Life I used the freeware program PC Wizard and it gives me the following temperatures Processor Temperature C Mainboard Temperature C ACPI Thermal Zone C Processor Temperature Core C Processor Temperature Core C Processor Temperature Core C Processor Temperature Core C GPU Temperature video monitoring - I guess this means Graphics Card C I don t know if heating is the issue but these are the degrees when I am NOT playing and they gain in temperature when I play these demanding games I hope someone here might give me some good advice on what to do and if it is a heating problem how can I then put in a new fan cooler or whatever I might need Because I checked out new fans on internet shops and I saw that they could be fitted into specifik quot SOCKETS quot how does that work Sorry if these questions might seem very quot stupid quot but my experience with hardware in computer and the likes even software is minimal Thank you PS I don t know if it makes a difference but this seems a bit odd Processor Fan rpm Chassis Fan rpm Power Aux Fan rpm FAN rpm FAN rpm If you need more info on my computer just make a reply here nbsp

A:I believe I have a heat issue

New computers should be repaired under their warranty, not online.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-believe-i-have-a-heat-issue.113067/
Relevancy 53.75%

Ok well i have a normal ATX Socket mobo with a GHz AMD CPU Heres the story Over-Heat Please Issue, Help I purchased a new PSU because my old one was dieing it was a pin and my mobo uses and so i plugged it in and replaced my old one When i plugged in the new one to the wall i herd a sharp almost High pitched buzzing noise That never happened with my old one Oh and my old one was a watt and new was watt Well i tried booting with my new one and did not Over-Heat Issue, Please Help work So i plugged my old one back in and tried booting Did not work So i went to Over-Heat Issue, Please Help see if the mobo was getting power when booting so i plugged Over-Heat Issue, Please Help in CPU fan in doing so i literally burned my hand on the heatsink it was that hot So i unplugged everything and took out the CPU burned my hand a few times on heatsink had to run and get an oven mit it was so bad and let everything cool down I checked for heat damage on the mobo and i saw nothing so i tried again with everything cooled down Still about - seconds of being on or booting and shutdown So do i need another CPU i have one or is the mobo shot to hell I kinda wanna know what i should do before trying my other exact match CPU and bruning out both Please help i am a computer tech but i have never delt with over-heat cases Please help Pantheon nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Anybody have a 950 XL that they want to get rid of for a good price? $250.00 USD

A:Microsoft Lumia 950 XL

Originally Posted by Montpbm Anybody have a 950 XL that they want to get rid of for a good price? $250.00 USD We have a Marketplace forum just for these kind of transactions. The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - Windows Central Forums
Please read the rules and guidelines here before making a thread about wanting to buy a 950XL in the forum.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445634-microsoft-lumia-950-xl.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Dell Precision 380 and it will work for awhile and then it goes into power save mode? The screen goes black and it appears that the PC is still on but nothing works. It is located in a warehouse that gets a little warm. Confusing because when I bring it into my office, it works fine. Hooked up another PC to the location in the warehouse and it works fine so it's not the wiring. Could it be a heat issue or the fans not working properly? It's under warranty but I have received no help from Dell's tech support. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

A:PC shutting down, could be heat issue?

well thats what it sounds like. have you tried cleaning out the heatsink and inside of the case to rid it from dust? tell me if this fixes ur problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shutting-down-could-be-heat-issue.106167/
Relevancy 53.32%

I just got my new Yoga 900 laptop. Everything looks good except I find the laptop is heating very fast and consistently throughout the use of it. I feel not comfortable if putting the base on my thigh. I feel hot when touching the base around the hinge. I search the solution and though the updated BIOS should resolve the heat and fan issue. However, this does not solve my problem.  Is there anyone has this similar issue? How to solve it?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-900-Heat-Issue/td-p/3319724
Relevancy 53.32%

My 965 is idling with a temp of 68c. Not overclocked. All other temps are normal. Think it might by my sensor, but not sure as my temp is not static. Using stock heatsink and paste.
Any ideas?

A:AMD Phenom 2 x4 965 heat issue

Clean the heat sink and fan with a can of compressed air and check temps. If it is still high, replace the stock cooler with an after-market cpu cooler and check temps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252086-amd-phenom-2-x4-965-heat-issue.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey I am concerned that my system might be running a little too warm My System nVidia GeForce GTS mb gigs of Geil mhz memory AMD x ghz Fozconn mb with SLI Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer w Tagan Power Supply gig HD Raptor RPM gig HD standard rpm CoolerMaster Centurion Case The case has side fan blowing in plus an exhaust tube that runs to the CPU and one fan on the back blowing out The video card has a stock cooler attachment blowing out and the cpu also has the original fan and heat sink The nVidia health monitor usually reads the gpu and cpu as stable but the system temp is always around C and blinking as a warning i ve also read that system temp shouldn t be much more than Issue Heat Tackling - room temp When i was putting the system together the metal cover piece that fits to surround the mb i o ports mouse keyboard etc didn t fit neither the one that came with the case or the one from Tackling Heat Issue the mb itself so their is an opening there Recently i ve taken to leaving the case open with a small Tackling Heat Issue high velocity fan not touching the case trying to avoid any static issues aimed directly on the HDs and the mb Needless to say Tackling Heat Issue i wouldn t mind doing away with this situation Any suggestions Oh and i am not interested in OCing if that makes a difference nbsp

A:Tackling Heat Issue

Specifics...

i guess what i'm really getting at is whether or not i should invest in liquid cooling, more fans, or perhaps some better heatsinks or radiators... without killing my wallet of course.
I mostly game with the system, crysis, wow, hl2, cs2, starcraft, civIV, that kind of stuff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tackling-heat-issue.100305/
Relevancy 53.32%

When replacing a heat sink fan, I inadvertenly broke one of the plastic hold down clips which are attached to the cpu plug slot (on the mobo) I've read there are heat sink fans available which screw or bolt into the Mobo. The heat sink fan is hanging by one hold down click - seems to be cooling the CPU but am unsure if it is as effective as it could be. The specifics of the mobo and cpu are availabe at my profile. Would appreciate any advice as to how I might move forward with this mb, or should I pay my last respects?

A:Help with a heat sink issue

You can buy stock Intel socket 478 heatsinks cheap - http://cgi.ebay.com/INTEL-SOCKET-47...yZ101192QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-a-heat-sink-issue.107363/
Relevancy 53.32%

This thing gets HOT I downloaded PCWizard and it states- Core c Core c CPU c The issue started when the system would shut down during game play The Biostar board has a thermal protection setting at c and shuts the pc down when I guess the cores reach that mark When I play with the case panel off- No Problem Put it on and it shuts down in minutes of play the CPU HS and fan is your basic aluminum finned fan that you would see on any run of the mill CPU Apparently the is a heat beast I got this from Newegg on the way- http www newegg com product product aspx Item N E I also plan on some case modification Venting the top of the case Adding a side intake There are no spots for fans on the box A larger fan-friendly case in in the works Think the modifications and fixes are on target Any Suggestions nbsp

A:AMD 64 X2 6400+ heat issue

The 6400+ is definitely a heat beast, but that 127C figure is wrong. Sounds as if your case is too small. Do you have plenty of room around the cpu cooler? Double-check the heat-sink alignment and thermal paste... remembering that too much thermal paste is as bad as too little. Thick thermal paste can act as an insulator.
Do you have a way to monitor your fan rpms?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-64-x2-6400-heat-issue.101306/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a very simple question that I really need an answer to. Whenever I play games (such as Team Fortress 2, GTA 4, games from steam), my laptop becomes pretty warm. Is this normal? Will this damage my laptop? Do I need to stop playing these games? Thank you.

PS: I use Acer Aspire V5 Windows 7

A:Heat issue with laptop?

Hello there! I would suggest lowering some of the graphics settings of the games you play. I also suggest (if you don't do this already) to move your laptop onto a desk or a large, flat, solid surface, as playing on cloth (like a bed or carpet) would keep the heat near the laptop. You could also physically open the laptop and clear any accumulated dust in and around the heatsink / CPU, but you do have to be VERY careful about Electro-Static Discharge (when you have static electricity in your body - everyone usually does) and how you handle the circuit boards. I don't suggest doing this, but if you are willing to, look up the disassemble procedures for your laptop so you don't break anything.

If you need help determining what settings to lower so you will get better speed without much loss in how it looks, try lowering Shadows / Reflections, Anti Aliasing, Texture Filtering, Motion Blur (turning this off), and usually, if you don't know what something is, turning it off will usually give you better frame rate (in a game of course - don't turn off Traction Control in your car ). This applies to Team Fortress and any other Source Engine game. I don't know what to tell you about GTA or other games from Steam, but the same should generally apply.

If you need anything else, please ask! You're here so we can help you!
Have fun!
Oh, and Welcome to the forums!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/heat-issue-with-laptop.1103458/
Relevancy 53.32%

ok after various problems with my pc i ve 6800 issue heat come to believe my graphics card is in fact overheating which could account 6800 heat issue for SOME of the problems specs Windows XP Home SP GeForce GT mb GB Kingston HyperX RAM AMD Athlon Yeah so in the temps it shows it running idly around C while the ambient temps are around C Now this didn t look too bad to me in the past but after looking into normal temps it seems that it should run about C and ambient when idle if i blow a inch house fan into the system the card cools to about C and ambient the air is pretty hot here in cali so ambient doesn t concern me too much but yeah i would just like to verify normal temps for the gt and whether or not i should look into a better cooling system perhaps i have a faulty card even by the way i m using the new forceware drivers nbsp

A:6800 heat issue

the heatsink on that card gathers dust really fast

try cleaning it.

for my pc, i have the side panel removed

and i have the fans attached to flexible steel so i can aim the fans to any location needed.

i have a 80mm fan aimed in a 40 degree angle blowing at the video card.

then i have 2 other case fans one of them is aimed at the cpu heatsink (i have a fan adapter and a 80mm fan on the heatsink)

got my pc 5C cooler then with the side panel on.
(makes the case look ugly but it cools well)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/6800-heat-issue.393864/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I seem to be having some issues with my ATI x XTX GPU I purchased about one year ago There have been two occasions when the GPU heat sink fan has refused to start The rest of the computer boots and a squeaking sound can be heard Heat and x1900 XTX issue. Fan from the non-moving fan it twitches however as if it is trying to start Turning the computer off and then on fixes this The second thing I noticed is that whenever several character models appear on screen in a certain game that I play Neverwinter Nights the FPS is reduced to about until the character models clear up This has not happened before I opened the computer up while running and gently touched the card s backside not the side with the heat sink and nearly singed my finger after about seconds It was very hot On x1900 XTX Heat and Fan issue. another note my computer has also been having some boot issues If I x1900 XTX Heat and Fan issue. turn it off go to sleep wake up in the morning and try to turn it on nothing happens I have to turn off the power from the wall outlet wait for this Zzzzzzzzzzzfop sound to happen it sounds as if the remaining electricity inside the computer is quot drained quot out of it When the power is turned off and that sound takes place everything that is plugged into the computer bearing some sort of light my optical mouse and my USB Wireless Net Adaptor stops shining The sound emanates from the PSU When I turn the power back on I can boot the computer This is random it doesn t happen every time sometimes it boots just fine without any turning on off but I d say it happens about of the time What do you think we could be talking about here A faulty PSU failing to properly deliver power to the main board without a cold restart and which also fails to deliver power to the graphics card fan sometimes A faulty main board A faulty innately over-heating GPU I am at loss This has been a relatively hot summer and I ve seen dust collect in the computer case fans the CPU fan and I assume the GPU fan Perhaps a compressed air clean out is in order nbsp

A:x1900 XTX Heat and Fan issue.

I think I'd be looking at replacing the power supply. They have a 3 year warranty.

Several companies make aftermarket coolers for video cards that generally do a better job then the stock ones, Arctic Colling is one: http://www.arctic-cooling.com/vga1.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/x1900-xtx-heat-and-fan-issue.611646/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello all I m not terribly computer saavy but I ll try to explain my situation best I can a heat issue with Odd occurence Thanks in advance for any assistance advice you can offer I have an ASUS CG MB Intel Core i CPU GHz G RAM I have this program called AI Manager displays information about my system allows trash removal temp files etc and has something called AI Probe which monitors things like fan speed voltage and temperature It s this last area in which I m kind of confused There are four temperature sensors CPU MB SB and NB Three of the four temperatures CPU MB and SB Odd occurence with a heat issue run perfectly fine The northbridge NB is what I m concerned about the NB runs at about - degrees Celsius under normal computer activity computer up perhaps Odd occurence with a heat issue running Word mail s up IE along with my normal bacground programs This is one degree over that was the threshold of I ve set the threshold to to avoid the constant alarms The odd part is when I run a PC game Sims WoW Odd occurence with a heat issue for example - I tab out and check the temperature of the NB and it seems to be running just fine I also notice when I start running a game that I can easily hear the fan s running in my computer - I can really hear them at all under quot normal PC operation quot I don t know if the fans need to be boosted - they seem to be running okay at rpm for CPU and rpm for Chassis I did play with them in BIOS but then they ran all the time even though the NB temp was good and were loud Also I have a corner desk and even though I love it perhaps it s the culprit by not letting enough airflow to the back of the PC Should I be concerned about this Is Celsius too hot Is there anything I can do to improve it

A:Odd occurence with a heat issue

Hello and welcome to Bleepingcomputer!

Your probes you speak of are CPU=Processor NB=North Bridge chip on Motherboard and SB=South Bridge chip on motherboard and MB which is a general temp sensor on the motherboard.

The North Bridge chip usually has a heat sink on it, some even come with a cooling fan attached to them on systems designed to be over-clocked.

As you stated the NB chip is 86 degrees Celsius.

I have seen them a bit hotter than that with extreme gaming, if you are concerned about this temperature, you can mount a side fan in your tower blowing towards the north bridge chip and its heat sink, adding additional cooling fans to the case, keeping the total amp usage of your PSU output in mind would help keep things a lot cooler as well.

Depending on your heat sink type on your north bridge chip, they do sell cooling fans that can be attached to the fins.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/317299/odd-occurence-with-a-heat-issue/
Relevancy 53.32%

OS - Windows SP x What or issue, heat? just driver Is it a was original installed OS on system Wndows Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Yes Age of system hardware years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the Is it a driver issue, or just heat? OS Yes CPU Intel Core i QM GHz Video Card Dual Radeon HD M Hard Drives Dual TOSHIBA MK GSY in Raid configuration MotherBoard - if NOT a laptop Power Supply - brand amp wattage skip if laptop System Manufacturer Dell Exact model number if laptop check label Is it a driver issue, or just heat? on Is it a driver issue, or just heat? bottom Alienware M X R Laptop or Desktop Laptop I'm working on a friends laptop he lives in another state and had to ship the laptop to me that was suffering from repeated BSOD's and multiple issues with screen anomalies and he has asked me to troubleshoot it for him He had previously contacted Dell in regards to what was happening and they said his motherboard or a video card is probably defective The drives have passed multiple HD tests HD Tune - Chkdsk and the Fujitsu software I have tested the memory with MEMTEST for passes No errors where found however I did NOT test the ram independently Prior to receiving the laptop I walked my friend through the process of wiping the system using the recovery drive and told him to install all pertinent updates Windows Updates were set to AUTO and I had him update the video drivers to the latest available from AMD He started getting lockups BSOD almost immediately after finishing He sent me the laptop and I started by wiping the drives using the recovery partition again I ran the laptop through basic stuff updates driver installs etc etc but I did NOT update the video card drivers they are still on I did NOT update the video card BIOS either I did take both video card fans out and cleaned the fins with a soft paint brush and removed the dust that was blocking the intake exhaust On day I got BSOD and time where the screen went blue lines Another time it went to an all gray screen Each time it locked up I had to hold the power button down to reboot I ran HWinfo and saw that both video cards were running within - degrees of each other I flashed the MB BIOS to A and also updated the Intel chipset driver in Device Manager At one point the laptop screen froze on me and I let it sit for a while the HD LED was flickering so I knew the computer was doing something After a bit it rebooted on it's own however the screen was screwed up What should have been on the left side was on the right and the right side was on the left this very same thing happened to the owner and was identical to his picture below After I received the BSOD's I ran SPECCY which came back with the notification that I was not in Crossfire mode I opened AMD's Catalyst software and I was a little surprised that the Enable Crossfire box was unchecked I checked it and rebooted That was in mid-June I have included GPU-Z results as well as CrystalDiskInfo I've been running Unigen Heaven and AvP D D benchmarks and I've only had one BSOD once since enabling Crossfire it was rebooting after running Driver Verifier in the Sysnative file and I have had the laptop sitting on CoolerMaster laptop fan I know the temps are a little lower so now I'm trying to guess is this thing 'more' stable because of the Crossfire the cooling fan or is it because I haven't changed the video drivers Any help or suggestions would be great thanks

A:Is it a driver issue, or just heat?

GPU Temp2 got as high as 88ºC - high, but not melting.Video artifacting on the screen - especially while you're stressing the graphics Only 231 Windows Updates installed.  Most systems have 300 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).Lot's more Live Kernel Events than BSOD's - Please do the following: - open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on Administrative Events- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504 Most of the symptoms and error messages refer to video - so I suspect a problem with the video card(s) or their connections.DO NOT use the video drivers from AMD - ONLY use the video drivers from Dell.  Dell does extra things to the video drivers that AMD does not - and the AMD drivers may not function properly on the system.I suspect that this is a hardware problem, but follow the instructions here to be sure:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-kernel-dump-analysis-debugging-information/35-video-tdr-timeout-0x116-0x117.html#post29532But, the last memory dump was Driver Verifier enabled and it blames bflwfx64.sys - the Bigfoot Networks Bandwidth Control Wireless NDIS Light Weight Filter driverwww.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bflwfx64.sysAs you're not having networking problems, I have to wonder if this event isn't significant or related to your current problems.Regardless, the Bigfoot network problems stem from outdated drivers - so I'd suggest updating all Bigfoot related drivers/software on the system (both wired and wireless) Turn off Driver Verifier as it's not needed at this point.  To do this, open up verifier.exe and select "Delete existing settings", then click on "Finish" and reboot. Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :nusb3hub.sys                Thu Feb 10 00:52:32 2011 (4D537D20)NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (previous BSOD issues with 2010 and earlier versions)}Try OEM first - Drivers available at the following link require registration and a lot of research: http://www.renesas.com/supp/http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nusb3hub.sys nusb3xhc.sys                Thu Feb 10 00:52:33 2011 (4D537D21)NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (previous BSOD issues with 2010 and earlier versions)}Try OEM first - Drivers available at the following link require registration and a lot of research: http://www.renesas.com/supp/http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nusb3xhc.sys Analysis:The following is for informational purposes only.[font=lucida console]**************************Mon Jul 13 13:54:45.544 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\071315-14773-01.dmp]
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: [B]7601[/B].18869.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.150525-0603
System Uptime:[B]0 days 0:00:12.434[/B]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bflwfx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loade... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582763/is-it-a-driver-issue-or-just-heat/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello folks i return to hardware with another possible concern after fixing the issue? Drive heat dvd issue I started cleaning the computer up Drive heat issue? have school on monday so i want things checked and cleaned up before school to make sure everything is in good working reliable condition To that end i ran the usual battery updated all software ran a scan with both antivirus and antispy which turned up Drive heat issue? clean then ran memtest which was fine and now im running spinrite Only thing in spinrite im noticing is that i think the drive is running a tad bit warm I figure the usual running temp for an Drive heat issue? hd is around F instead the computer is running at F Is this somthing to be concerned over or is it just normal operation because i do realize spinrite will run the drive hard However i will say i am cleaning the chasis as well after the system maintenance is done and i think lately the cooling system has been working harder than usual so im wondering if there is just a dust bunny invasion near the vents thus prohibiting cooling which is somthing compressed air could fix But im asking really if F is a cause for concern Thanks guys nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

this is a very strange problem that i have been having for about a week now with no resolution it all started randomly and i had not made any changes recently to software or hardware background info ecs nforce mobo gb ram sticks of gb each intel pentium d ghz gb sata hd xp pro no power surges in the area lately one evening last night i went to use my machine and it was frozen in the xp screen saver i Possible Mobo heat or issue?? restarted and it would only get to the xp splash screen then it would freeze i figured that the install must have gotten corrupted so Possible Mobo or heat issue?? i attempted to run chkdsk Possible Mobo or heat issue?? from the xp cd but i could not even get to the recovery colsole before the system was frozen i decided to plug my hdd into my laptop via usb to see if i could see it at all - i could see everything so i backed up my files and wiped the drive i re attach the hdd to my desktop and try to do an install but Possible Mobo or heat issue?? to no avail - i would get to the partition selection screen then it would freeze so i decided to try and IDE drive that i had around and i was able to get a little further but still about after the format screen in xp setup it would freeze so now i am thinking maybe memory issue or heat related so i took out my memory and tried it with just one stick for each stick and was still having similar issues the furthest i was able to get in the xp install was the part after the reboot and it says min left and thats where it froze that was with stick of ram and the IDE drive i was thinking heat related at this point but it does not seem to be running any hotter than normal another part of this is if i get to a point where it freezes i will press the reset button on the tower because this is the only way i can restart but when i do this it will restart but only the fans come on full bore and it just sits there like that with the monitor in power save if i shut it off all the way and let it sit for about min it will start up normally only to freeze about - min later to me this seems like a heat issue but i have plenty of cooling and like i said it does not seem to be running hot so my guess at this point is taht something is fried on the mobo i have visually inspected it and all the capacitors look fine and i dont see any burn marks i also have not seen any smoke and i have not smelled anything that smells like burning pc chips any help would be greatly appreciated THANKS nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

I have a P4 3.0Ht with an zalman heatsink and fan I have 2x 80mm fan one 120mm fan plus a 80mm pci fan yet my case is running at 36c what can i do about getting that lower one idea I had was a fan on the upper part of the case any ideas

A:Case Heat Issue

what is the ambient room temp?

are all those fans configured as exhaust fans?

a fan on the top of the case is a good place because that's where the heat rises anyways.

if you have a side fan, then you should consider reversing it (make it an intake fan). this will blow cooler air towards the CPU fan which may help keep the CPU cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/case-heat-issue.50968/
Relevancy 53.32%

My phone is not charging, but when the battery is placed in another phone of the exact same model it charges and works.
There is no problem with the charger as it charger all other phones.

A:my microsoft lumia 535 is not charging?

Do soft reset/restart your phone. If it works then you don't have to VISIT To MICROSOFT CARE. If your phone still in warranty. THEN TAKE AN ADVANTAGE OF ONE YEAR WARRANTY. .--------. / A TIP \ If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437534-my-microsoft-lumia-535-not-charging.html
Relevancy 53.32%

so last night my phone ran out of battery, so I left it to charge overnight. (I wasn't paying attention so I can't remember if the phone said it was charging or not.)
This morning I woke up and my phone was completely unresponsive. Nothing happens when I press any of the buttons. I've also checked the charger to see if it was working and it is.
So any ideas on how to fix this?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437344-microsoft-lumia-532-dead.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Has anyone did the update for the 950 AT&T phone? How is it? Should I wait etc?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439336-t-microsoft-lumia-950-update.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I connected the charger and it vibrated. However I left it for 1 and a half hours and will not turn on. I have tried to reset by pressing down buttons but still nothing. Help please!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445521-my-microsoft-lumia-550-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I just bought a lumia 950 from the microsoft store in the US does it have dual sim as described on the store specs page?

A:Lumia 950 from the microsoft store in the US

Yes, it should have it.
The only way to not have a dual sim one is if you bought the AT&T Lumia 950.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445011-lumia-950-microsoft-store-us.html
Relevancy 53.32%

When I send a message on my Microsoft Lumia 550, the message shows up for like a second then disappears making me think that the message hasnt sent. This also happens when I recieve a message, I can click on notification but I cant see message what has been sent when the messaging app loads, any ideas of what is happening here?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435282-why-cant-i-see-messages-ive-just-sent-my-microsoft-lumia-550-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

almost a year old its barely used cause I don't know a than about it, I've always had a android phone, i want to sell it can you help with any suggestions on where to sell at?

A:I own a windows microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE 8.1

Hi! Welcome to Windows Central. Have you looked around the forum?? You might try this. Hope this helps! The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - Windows Central Forums

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442979-i-own-windows-microsoft-lumia-640-xl-lte-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a SwannSmart Turbo K modem and it regularly disconnects and fails to reconnect from a heat problem It is the middle of winter here and Heat Modem 56K Issue Exterenal it cant be more that degrees Exterenal 56K Modem Heat Issue Celsius This problem has plagued me for over a year now and in that time I have returned and received an exact same model only to Exterenal 56K Modem Heat Issue get the exact same problem The Tech Support People at Swann Refuse to believe that it can be a heat problem but I know it is When the modem feels hot to touch it stops working and wont work again until I put it in front of an air conditioner and then in works perfectly Since they have had no other similar complaints and I have tested of they re modems now Is it possible that it has something to do with my motherboard Can a faulty comm port or something cause this It is an external serial modem and my port speed is set to and max modem speed is set to I have tried lowering these values with no success nbsp

Relevancy 52.89%

I have the AMD 64 X2 6400+ CPU and the fan I have is your basic aluminum finned block heatsink setup. The temp goes up to 66 c and the system shuts down as set in the bios.

I am using a thermal paste.
I know it's obvious that I need a better Fan/heatsink but what kind? Space is a premium. Any suggestions.

The system is not overclocked.
When you play a game is when it gets hot. I was on the net and all worked well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-x2-6400-cpu-fan-heat-issue-help-needed.101214/
Relevancy 52.89%

I've got an annoying high pitched sound that comes from my graphics card (I think) whenever I play a game with mid-high graphics requirements. Now, I've read a bit about the subject, and have come to understand that the noise is caused by vibrations. Also, based on what I've read, it is unfixable.

My question is this. If coil whine is NOT heat related, when why does opening the side of my pc up and putting a fan on it stop the noise? Understand, this is a powerful commercial grade fan, but if there is bad coil whine coming out and I put the fan on it, it takes about a minute to stop.

I'm really just trying to understand this issue properly, so I can begin to work out a solution.
Right now the best one is: keep a big *** fan blowing on it.

Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-coil-whine-a-heat-issue.1168606/
Relevancy 52.89%

As you can see my wife's laptop is having major heat issue's that is low for the temps lately, had it off for over two hours rebooted and it was at 120 it has been sitting around 150 - 180 lately, not sure what it normally sits at but my desktop sit around 90.

I have sprayed out the fan ports, removed the pcmia slot holder, going to check the bios in a min for the auto speed fan setting (but i can't see the rpm of the fan anyway).

ok checked the bios no settings in there for the fan.

any other ideas?

A:Laptop MAJOR heat issue's

Hello fadedrs,
Thats around the 70C mark, not bad for a laptop i would have thought. If your concerned about it get a laptop cooler, but i would say that temp is not too toasty lol.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/234220-laptop-major-heat-issues.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I purchased a new computer around march and I have been having a problem with video lag. Originally with the system, (P4 3.2 478 socket, 512mb ram, 80gig HDD, radeon 9800 pro) I had a geforce 4 mx 4000. When running some games, ie: Battlefield 1942 after perhaps 5 minutes of play it would start to lag... heavily! So to fix this problem I bought a Radeon 9800 Pro. Same problem, it also happened on Battlefield 2, and some other games like Rise of Nations. Strangely though, when playing Call of Duty or Warcraft three, even under some intense action everything runs fine, even Half-Life 2 and Farcry ran well! Just wondering what you think the problem might be!? Thanks in advance
-FB

A:Video lag after a time; heat issue?

512MB of ram ain't much by today's standards. try installing the latest drivers for your card and BF patches.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-lag-after-a-time-heat-issue.35508/
Relevancy 52.89%

is it generally ok to leave my sony vaio sr 25 on overnight?
ive heard vaios have heat issues??
im a succkker at tech so maybe yall can give some advices

A:sony vaio heat issue?

entropy acts upon everything in the universe,
are you using it overnight?
do you let your car run overnight?
just my opinion

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sony-vaio-heat-issue.805617/
Relevancy 52.89%

The heat has finally hit in Idaho and my computer is feeling it The funny thing is that my heat thread... it's Yep, another issue related apartment isn t exactly overheated though The CPU is now sitting somewhere at around degrees Celcius The only upgrades on this system since last year is that I now have a GeForce GT instead of an FX and GB RAM vs MB last year Other than those two items it s exactly the same and had no heat issues at all last summer or at all I doubt either of these two are the issue to the increased heat I am aware the GT draws more power than the My side is off the case and the rest of the computer is running at degrees Celcius I hope that gives an idea of where I m sitting at computer wise I guess what I want to know is would removing the heatsink and fan from the cpu and reapplying thermal grease be the best option Or should I just get a whole new heatsink and fan I don t have access to the thermal grease at the moment so I Yep, it's another heat issue related thread... can t just try it out for a couple of days so I wanted to know Yep, it's another heat issue related thread... what anyone else thought as in if this is a good direction to pursue Yep, it's another heat issue related thread... reapplying or what instead would be the best course to take Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Yep, it's another heat issue related thread...

Taking the hs/fan off to clean and reapply the grease is a good idea-
http://www.arcticsilver.com/arctic_silver_instructions_small.htm
- but, it would be even better to upgrade the pair while you have 'em off.
You may know already but ensure the heatsink is free of dust and other matter. Make sure the fan is running up to speed and is clean also.
You may also check and see if there is something that's running in the background using the CPU and causing it to warm up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yep-its-another-heat-issue-related-thread.374983/
Relevancy 52.46%

Have video assignments i really need to get onto a disc or usb, but my phone won't allow me to send by message, email or wont send to onedrive or anything. it is driving me crazy!! how can I get these videos to my tutor!!!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442676-microsoft-lumia-550-cant-send-video-anywhere.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I found this out purely by chance today. Had to deal with Microsoft to see about getting a warranty replacement for my nine month old Lumia 830. I was informed by the MS rep that after October 1, they would no longer responsible for the Lumia brand and that they would be outsourced to a yet unnamed company. The question is, who is it?

A:Microsoft Outsourcing Lumia as of October 1st?

I'm assuming from that information that some third-party repair service is going to be taking over for Lumia service and stuff.
I'm sure something like Asurion is to be expected.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441147-microsoft-outsourcing-lumia-october-1st.html
Relevancy 52.46%

What sort of smartphone can you buy for just $70? Well you're about to find out, as Microsoft just launched the Lumia 430, their latest budget handset that features surprisingly okay specifications for a very low price tag.

Read more

A:The Microsoft Lumia 430 is a $70 Windows Phone

For 70 bucks I'm sure you could do worse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-microsoft-lumia-430-is-a-70-windows-phone.210398/
Relevancy 52.46%

Can you please tell me the microsoft lumia 535 dual sim is got the 4g update from microsoft in upcoming days ....

A:Microsoft lumia 535 dual sim is getting 4g OTA update or not

Lumia 535 is not a 4G device. I am not sure what update you are waiting for.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438584-microsoft-lumia-535-dual-sim-getting-4g-ota-update-not.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently bought a windows 10 lumia 550 and any apps I try and download just stay as pending. I've tried turning it off and on again, but no luck. Anyone have any solutions?

A:Why cant i download apps on my Microsoft lumia 550?

Hi please check under settings > accounts if your Microsoft account (which you used to sign in when setting up the phone) has synced properly.
Also check if time/date and region are set properly.
Please sign up so we can keep track of your progress

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/400786-why-cant-i-download-apps-my-microsoft-lumia-550-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Is it possible to make payments using NFC on Lumia phones that support NFC? I just purchased a Lumia 640 and I see that it has NFC but I don't know how to add my debit card details to it. I remember 2-3 years ago hearing that it would be possible but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

A:NFC payments on UK Microsoft Lumia phones

Do you have the wallet app installed? I think you need that for it to work

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439177-nfc-payments-uk-microsoft-lumia-phones.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I upgraded my Lumia 430 from Windows 8.1 to 10 . After the upgrade I used my for a week and decided to factory reset my phone .i run the reset completely until I reached the set up your phone view.i couldn't set up my phone because of bad network connection.so I shut down the phone so I could set it up later but unfortunately when I decided to switch on the phone it began the reset process again only that this time the phone can't boot any Os but shows only an emoji like this :-( and then turns off again

A:my Microsoft Lumia 430 fail to boot os

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I upgraded my Lumia 430 from Windows 8.1 to 10 . After the upgrade I used my for a week and decided to factory reset my phone .i run the reset completely until I reached the set up your phone view.i couldn't set up my phone because of bad network connection.so I shut down the phone so I could set it up later but unfortunately when I decided to switch on the phone it began the reset process again only that this time the phone can't boot any Os but shows only an emoji like this :-( and then turns off again Plug it to a pc and download Windows Device Recovery Tool

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438109-my-microsoft-lumia-430-fail-boot-os.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hey,
Can anyone tell me whether screen for lumia 650 is available i have broken my phone..

A:Microsoft Lumia 650 Screen replacement

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question hey,
Can anyone tell me whether screen for lumia 650 is available i have broken my phone.. have you checked with the nearest Microsoft or Nokia care centre? Or with the store you bought it from?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439157-microsoft-lumia-650-screen-replacement.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Microsoft is not helping with my lumia 535 phone. There is no service center here in Malaysia. Please help! Where do I sought for help? The customer service is poor to max! First there were issues with the battery, secondly it wont charge, third - the keyboard types by itself like it is possessed! Fourth - Phone heats up within 5 minutes of conversation (hot like a cup of coffee in the morning). Fifth - Due to the heat, the edges of the back cover started to crack and the protect film peeled off. Now the phone is totally dead. Battery works well in another lumia 535 device. The customer service told me to contact a local microsoft service center but there is none. There is only a Nokia service center and they told me off that the parts are not available. So what do I do now? Please contact me.

A:Microsoft is not helping with my lumia 535 phone.

Sounds like you may need a new battery for your phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445025-microsoft-not-helping-my-lumia-535-phone.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi When talking to somebody on my Lumia 535 the screen goes black and when the call has finished I have to press the on/off button to get a screen so as to end the call. I have had the phone since January and it has always done this. Now I am told that this is not normal, any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks Alan.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/microsoft-lumia-535-black-screen-4605007/
Relevancy 52.46%

everytime i try taking the screenshot it displays a message at the top of the screen sayng couldn't take screenshot.I cant take take scrennshots. why so?

A:why cant I take screenshots on my microsoft lumia 535 phone??

Are you running Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/385143-why-cant-i-take-screenshots-my-microsoft-lumia-535-phone.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Microsoft is not helping with my lumia 535 phone. There is no service center here in Malaysia. Please help! Where do I sought for help? The customer service is poor to max! First there were issues with the battery, secondly it wont charge, third - the keyboard types by itself like it is possessed! Fourth - Phone heats up within 5 minutes of conversation (hot like a cup of coffee in the morning). Fifth - Due to the heat, the edges of the back cover started to crack and the protect film peeled off. Now the phone is totally dead. Battery works well in another lumia 535 device. The customer service told me to contact a local microsoft service center but there is none. There is only a Nokia service center and they told me off that the parts are not available. So what do I do now?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445024-microsoft-not-helping-my-lumia-535-phone.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Microsoft removed radio app from Lumia 950 XL after my update.!! What the hell..!!! Why they removed it. ??? Now all is completed. No radio, no apps like Snapchat, no video calling apps like android. I think it's time to move to android.. 5 years I'm using Windows Phone.. But Windows done it.. I'm moving.. (soooo sad)!!!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439919-microsoft-removed-radio-lumia-950-xl.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,I bought my laptop today and I see there is a accute heat problem after using it for an hour.Severe heat is observed below the body of laptop towards right side and on left side of laptop it is quiet cool as I feel fan is situated towards left side of lap.Could you please provide me an input at the earliest as I will be moving abroad next and need to get this issue resolved if it is unusual.

A:Lenovo u41-70 laptop heat sink issue

hi Sriharshahonne,

Welcome to the Forums.

When you power up the machine, can you observe the temps of the CPU/GPU by using HWInfo / HWmonitor or similar utility while the unit is idle and under load (normal temps should be between 50C-70C on light to medium load @ 24C-28C room temperature). However, if the CPU and GPU are fully stressed, the temps will hit around 80C-90C

Check this Lenovo U41-70 review
 - Link to picture (temp readings using HWInfo)

if the temp. is too hot and you feel uncomfortable & can barely use the unit on your lap then you may want to consider contacting the lenovo helpdesk to report the issue or the place of purchase (if it's still possible to exchange the unit).

Support phone list

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-u41-70-laptop-heat-sink-issue/td-p/2148697
Relevancy 52.03%

I am working on my brothers DELL laptop. It has been on all day and I have been using it most of this time. I just picked it up and it is quite warm at the bottom, the base of the laptop? Is this normal.

I tried to run AIDA and check the temps under Computer>Sensor but nothing comes up. Any ideas or suggestions?

Some Specs:
WinXP Home SP1
Mobile P4 1.7GHz
Mobo: DELL Computer Corp Inspiron 4150
Mobo Chipset: Intel Brookdale i845MP
Mobility Radeon 7500 16MB
384MB DDR 266 (128 + 256)

Relevancy 52.03%

Alright I need some advice on this one I was running Unreal Tournament this evening and my Video Ceased, Heat (PIC) Driver Issue? video driver nv disp dll stopped working for some reason unknown to me Anyways I had been playing the game for maybe min and everything was running smooth until everything went black and I was thrown onto a really ugly desktop with an error message The message basically told me that Video Driver Ceased, Heat Issue? (PIC) the driver stopped duh and that I needed to reboot the machine I ve attached a pic of what my desktop looked like after the driver failed I didn t get a blue screen so no minidump but I was prompted with a serious error pop up box when Windows restarted Do you guys think this is just a faulty driver or could it be heat related I did NOT have my VGA fans running at Video Driver Ceased, Heat Issue? (PIC) full speed so maybe all the power finally caught up with the cards Here are my current specs XFX GT XXX - in SLi ForceWare version WHQL As you can see in the pic the CPU temps were fine and the quot CHASSIS quot indicator is actually the speed of one of the GPU cooling fans I can usually find a solution to my own display issues but this is one of the most hardcore problems yet I hope someone will be able to help me out Thanks in advance for any input nbsp

A:Video Driver Ceased, Heat Issue? (PIC)

try running the fans at full speed or if there is an automatic setting set to that it may fix the problem. it does look like a heat issue to me.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-driver-ceased-heat-issue-pic.110689/
Relevancy 52.03%

My laptop is a Compaq Presario F504EA. I have had an external 19" LCD Monitor running sometimes in parallel and sometimes independantly with the laptop. It has its own Power supply, and is only connected to the laptop through a VGA cable.

I was wondering if this could cause the laptop to extremely overheat. With this, the laptop would be un touchable on the bottom side due to extreme heat.

I had also recently upgraded my ram from 1 to 2GB. Would this of had an effect on the heat aswell ?

It is currently in repair due to my keyboard being intermittent along with my wireless; i believe the heat as melted joints or something on the motherboard.

Thanks
Oliver

A:External Monitor, extreme heat issue

when was the last time you spray dusted the laptop, that should help the heat issue. but adding more ram should not cause any more than normal heat, the extra monitor might cause more heat cause of the extra power going through the video card, but it should not make it untouchable.

i would try to spray dust the vents and also check to make sure all the fans are working.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/232332-external-monitor-extreme-heat-issue.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello everyone Recently my mom sweet as she is told me that her computer wont turn on She usually leaves her computer running but let me know after it broke that it has been mentioning on its case temp monitor that the computer has been getting hot and the light would turn red She said she 'tried' stumped: Computer I'm heat won't issue turn on, to turn it off when she saw the warning but never told me about it until now I poked around inside and found that the computer wont turn on at all but there is a green light on the motherboard if the computer is plugged in Also the fan on the heat sink for the CPU wasn't spinning because the fan seems to have tilted in its craddle and now wont budge Perhaps it melted into that position My guess is the CPU is fried but after I plugged the computer in I put my head close to the motherboard and heard a faint noise coming from the PSU and I'm not sure if that is normal don't forget the green light on the motherboard was lit Let me check on the specs and I'll give it a post in a minute thanks in advance for your welcome suggestions

A:I'm stumped: Computer won't turn on, heat issue

I threw the CPU fan away in anticipation of getting a new one.

It is a P5NT-Deluxe (775 Socket) and the PSU is a LSP Ultra 750W ATX Power Supply. These parts are all less than 3 years old, and it has an Nvidia Evga Geforce GTX 280 GPU. I had set the computer a while ago on power saving mode because my mother doesn't game

Any guesses as to what I should do? I don't have much I can swap for to test if something went bad or not. Do you think the board could have fried if the CPU fried on top of it? Do you think I need a new PSU?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179509-im-stumped-computer-wont-turn-heat-issue.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all
My microsoft charger is suddenly not charging my phone and my phone is taking too long to charge if its dies at all, with other chargers. It has also started going off spontaneously....anyone knows what the problem could be? Is it my charger/charging system or software problem? And how do I deal with it?
Thanks
Sophi

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437719-my-microsoft-lumia-535-phone-wont-charge.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I forgot the screen lock password i need to know how i can unlock my microsoft lumina 640

A:How do I unlock my Microsoft Lumia 640 screen lock?

You will have to reset your phone and loose whatever data is not backed up.
Power off. Hold Volume Down and tap Power. When the exclamation screen (!) appears release Volume Down.
Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Up...
The spinning gears will show and your phone will reset.
Unless you remember the password it is all you can do.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/381086-how-do-i-unlock-my-microsoft-lumia-640-screen-lock.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have forgetten the passward of microsoft account in lumia 520 as now i am unable to install the whatsapp .. what to do

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438294-i-have-forgetten-passward-microsoft-account-lumia-520-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I don't think this is limited by hardware since the lumia camera seems better.It could be a nice option if you want to take pictures of night sky or a lighting storm.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435397-why-dont-microsoft-add-longer-exposure-time-lumia-950-like-lg-g4-example.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Basically I want to run the MT4 software platform on a phone. Should I buy a new Microsoft mobile? I currently have am iPhone but would like to be able to spend time on my mobile phone working with the MT4 platform. Any help and advice would be most welcome. Thank you in advance.

A:Can I run the MT4 trading software on a new Microsoft 10 Lumia phone?

You need an iPhone or Android phone. Not Windows.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443515-can-i-run-mt4-trading-software-new-microsoft-10-lumia-phone.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Microsoft Lumia 950XL repeatedly getting hanged after latest cumulative update. Am i the only one facing this issue ? Does anyone have a solution to this ? This hanging happens every time i unlock the device, more often at lower battery levels, Tried the factory reset once (as suggested by Microsoft India) nothing changes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Regards,
Ashutosh Arya

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443310-microsoft-lumia-950xl-repeatedly-getting-hanged.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My Microsoft lumia 535 phone now charges very slowly. Also, the Microsoft phone charger that came with it has stopped charging it (the charger is still working fine because i have tested it on other phones). Recently i have been left with no choice but charge it with a samsung ipad charger or i use a USB cord to connect to my desktop or laptop, though not all USB cord is working with it. Also now selective with USB cords.
The problem started after my phone battery completely drained out flat. Since then, charging my phone has been an uphill task.
Pls help. It is affecting my communication as my phone is down most of the time now

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443373-why-my-microsoft-lumia-535-phone-now-selecting-chargers.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 52.03%

why my Microsoft lumia 535 windows phone will not ring when there is whatsapp/skype call and the screen is locked? Though I have a WiFi connection and have reinstalled both these apps. I guess you guys better help me with this or am moving to android phone....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

A:Microsoft lumia 535 windows phone will not ring

Do you have battery saver turned on? Or have these apps been blocked from running in the background? Kindly register/login with your account and post more details.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443264-microsoft-lumia-535-windows-phone-will-not-ring.html
Relevancy 52.03%
A:if i upgrade lumia 640 xl please tell me which builds are received from microsoft

Hi, builds are pretty stable now and both are from Microsoft.
If you have any further info or questions please join the Windows Central forums, so that you can reply to this thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434028-if-i-upgrade-lumia-640-xl-please-tell-me-builds-received-microsoft.html
Relevancy 52.03%
Relevancy 52.03%

I was watching YouTube on my phone and it just shut off and a red light appeared at the top left and my phone wont turn on. What does it mean?

A:Why is there a red light at the top left of my Microsoft lumia 950xl?

could be because of low battery , connect the phone to a charger and wait for phone to reboot normally.
If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443792-why-there-red-light-top-left-my-microsoft-lumia-950xl.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Microsoft Lumia 550 - Unlocked will it sync with outlook. I currently have a blackberry. I use the blackberry software to sync my info. Will this phone do the same

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442088-microsoft-lumia-550-unlocked-will-sync-outlook.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello. I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL since March and after a very short time the secondary camera seems to bug me. Every time I am trying to switch between the main one and the secondary it keeps showing me "SOMETHING WENT WRONG". I have even factory reset the phone and nothing good happened. Is there anyone that could help me? Please!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436826-microsoft-lumia-640-xl-secondary-camera-issues.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I got locked out of my phone because i turned it off. And without any warning, the bitlocker screen has locked me out. I am really pissed off now. This isn't the first time us windows phone users have had a complaint. Now you are really asking us to buy phones from other companies.

A:Bitlocker Lumia 640xl windows 10 what is going on? Really microsoft?

https://www.jayway.com/2015/12/11/re...ows-10-mobile/

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439035-bitlocker-lumia-640xl-windows-10-what-going-really-microsoft.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi ive been looking all over the internet for a solution to my problem basicaly my screen wont turn on when my computer turns on the light just flashs like it does when the Heat, wont monitor grahics :S? start = issue computer is not on and the screen is turned on my problems started when for some reason my system kept locking up while playing WOW world of warcraft after a while i suspected a heat problem and saw in the Nvidia console my idle heat temp was over degrees c and sky rocketed on a game until the comp locked up and was forced to shut Heat, monitor wont start = grahics issue :S? off the comp i had not touched or changed anything inside my comp before this after reading a few forums i concluded that posibly re applying thermal gel to the GPU could solve the issue well it did idle temp receeded back to degrees i was happy lol then a week later it took a while to start up my comp i had to power up my comp a Heat, monitor wont start = grahics issue :S? few times for the screen to come on and now it wont turn on at all the Heat, monitor wont start = grahics issue :S? fans on the card all work it just seemslike the card is dead apart from that cos the monitor is not picking up a thing ive tried another monitor same problem it is a dell computer ive had since Q XP SP GeForce GTO card and i cannot get into bios since the screen does does not come on at all it might also be worth mentioning that although the screen does come on the computer does seem to load up to the xp login screen i think Thank You Chris nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/heat-monitor-wont-start-grahics-issue-s.594009/
Relevancy 51.6%

my microsoft lumia 535 has windows 10. the BLUETOOTH IS NOT SUPPORTING PROPERLY. I received some pictures from other phone at last of receiving photos can't see anywhere.

A:my microsoft lumia 535 has windows 10. the BLUETOOTH IS NOT SUPPORTING PROPERLY

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question my microsoft lumia 535 has windows 10. the BLUETOOTH IS NOT SUPPORTING PROPERLY. I received some pictures from other phone at last of receiving photos can't see anywhere. Hi and welcome to windows central forum.
could you please tell us more on since when you are facing this? What OS build are you on ? are you an insider?
If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , click on the smiley :) to learn how to join our forums.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442268-my-microsoft-lumia-535-has-windows-10-bluetooth-not-supporting-properly.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I can access my emails on my computer but my lumia 930 will not sync and there is no way of deleting the account and try a reinstall the only option i get with it is to sync and it wont with error code 8500201D it says find out more information at windowsphone.com but it doesnt recognise the error code

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438483-my-microsoft-account-has-not-sync-my-email-last-22-hours-my-lumia-930-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I want to download music onto my phone using my laptop and USB Cable/Charger, but i can't figure out how to... Can anyone help me? I see people ask this alot with no answers i can use or too complicated to use.

A:How do i download music from my laptop onto my Microsoft Lumia using USB cable?

Fire up Windows media player, plug phone in, drag & drop music on to device.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437231-how-do-i-download-music-my-laptop-onto-my-microsoft-lumia-using-usb-cable.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok So today I fitted a new glass screen and digitizer on my Lumia After installation the phone failed to boot I press the power button and the phone vibrates as if it was switching on but boots into a screen with an exclamation mark and stays on this screen for about - seconds and then loops around However When I try and boot up my phone without the charger plugged in I just get the red low battery symbol I have tried everything 535 Microsoft Lumia up mark on Exclamation boot attempt I can find online as far as I know Power on holding volume down Microsoft Lumia 535 Exclamation mark on boot up attempt and power for seconds Exclamation screen And I have tried Holding volume down whilst plugging in charger and releasing the volume down when the exclamation mark appears and pressing Volume Up Volume Down Power button Volume down and nothing I have also just tried the recovery tool on my laptop I plug in my phone go through the step by step and then my phone turns red with a loading screen and after minuets it says it has complete but nothing has actually changed If anyone knows anything else I could try I would really appreciate it very mumch

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440882-microsoft-lumia-535-exclamation-mark-boot-up-attempt.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have bought Lumia 535 in January 2015, After well going for 10 to 12 month, Charging with original Microsoft Charger has been slower. It hardly charged 10 to 15% per hour.
I have also use other charger but same problems repeats.
I got checked battery, but there is no any battery issue.
Please suggest

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437812-why-there-slow-charging-lumia-535-original-microsoft-charger.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I got locked out of my phone because i turned it off. And without any warning, the bitlocker screen has locked me out. I am really pissed off now. This isn't the first time us windows phone users have had a complaint. Now you are really asking us to buy phones from other companies.

A:Bitlocker Lumia 640xl windows 10 what in the actual F***. Really microsoft?

https://www.jayway.com/2015/12/11/re...ows-10-mobile/

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439035-bitlocker-lumia-640xl-windows-10-what-actual-f%2A%2A%2A-really-microsoft.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Is there any software download for unlocking the phone?

A:How do you unlock a microsoft Lumia 640 cell phone using T-Mobile

This seem to work: How To Unlock Microsoft Lumia 640 For Free

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438172-how-do-you-unlock-microsoft-lumia-640-cell-phone-using-t-mobile.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am using Microsoft Lumia 550. Images in Contacts missing all of a sudden. I have been updating the Phone very regularly. Tell me how to bring back the same and I find the Live tiles has some pictures and in the Live Mail People there is no pictures.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441345-photos-missing-contacts-list-microsoft-lumia-550-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%
A:how to sing out of microsoft account from windows phone 8 ..lumia

Please ignore.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444954-how-sing-out-microsoft-account-windows-phone-8-lumia.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i used my friend account to download some thing and now i can't because he changed his password account what i can do do delete his account from my phone ?

A:how can i delete microsoft account from my phone nokia lumia 520

You have to factory reset the phone. It's the only way.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/324544-how-can-i-delete-microsoft-account-my-phone-nokia-lumia-520-a.html