Windows Support Forum

Stylus Recommendations for HP spectre pro x360 G2

Q: Stylus Recommendations for HP spectre pro x360 G2

Hello nbsp I am having alot of trouble finding good advice and a list of compatible devices for my X After reading alot of forum posts I purchased the Dell Active Pen nbsp PN w which was said to work with the laptop and HP pro for x360 Stylus Recommendations G2 spectre be excellent I have bought it and Stylus Recommendations for HP spectre pro x360 G2 it does not work nbsp nbsp I am unsure if this is a drivers issue hardware issue or what i Suspect that many of the reviews are for the G which has a different hardware componeant HP have replaced the screen on the laptop which they reported as faulty but I have tried a bamboo and a surface pen on it and neither of them work nbsp I bought this exclusively for use with one not and meetings and as it stands it is a lovely laptop except for this crucial point nbsp if the purchased pen does not work then what pens will nbsp Any and all help given will be appreciated

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Stylus-Recommendations-for-HP-spectre-pro-x360-G2/td-p/5785053
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Stylus Recommendations for HP spectre pro x360 G2

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 32.25%

Hello I have a (Low Budget) Card Recommendations Graphics decent PC with a crappy graphics card which is the (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations only thing holding my gaming back I have gigs of RAM and an Intel Core duo E of Ghz Its a Dell Optiplex MiniTower and it has a Power Supply of w or so I need a Graphics card within - Without having to upgrade the entire thing Yep I know I m cheap but I m pretty desperate since my PC can t run even most games such (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations as League of Legends and DOTA Dota ftw But for some weird reason I (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations can run Elder Scrolls Oblivion perfectly yet games like quot Skullgirlz quot won t despite being a linear game And after researchin my sh t I came across these Graphics cards NVIDIA GeForce GT NVIDIA GeForce GT GeForce NVIDIA GeForce GT NVIDIA GeForce GT AMD Radeon HD Tell me the quot best choice quot out of these since my budget is pretty much limited and if the cards that I chose quot will even quot work or fit inside the case Also does it being Single-Width or Dual-Width matter And if it does which of the graphics cards that I listed will actually work I am just looking for a graphics card that will improve my PC not one that will turn it into a gaming computer Answer with minimum detail please Just kidding write as much as you want Cheers nbsp

A:(Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations

I'd recommend going to Ebay and looking for something like a Radeon HD 7850. I saw some sell for around 50ish bucks. The HD 7850 would be a huge improvement over the cards you listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-budget-graphics-card-recommendations.216068/
Relevancy 32.25%

So I'm in the market for a new wireless card for my desktop. The last one I bought was a piece of crap from the start. You don't generally see network card reviews. Was wondering what some good quality options would be.

A:Network card recommendations?

The best option would probably be a dual-band one that has 802.11ac support; if you've got an AP that supports the standard, it'd be worthwhile investing in that kind of card. They can be kinda expensive though (usually around $100 from what I've seen).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-card-recommendations.208722/
Relevancy 32.25%

My current wireless router, a 10-year-old Linksys (Wirless-G 2.4 Ghz 54Mbps), is past it and I'm on the lookout for a replacement. I am in the UK.

There are several devices that connect to it:

Nokia Lumia 520
Motorola Moto G
Now TV box
Sony Vaio laptop with Atheros AR9485WB-EG wireless network adapter
Dell Vostro 3750 laptop with Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030
IPad Mini 2 with Retina display

My ISP is Virgin Media and my current wireless router is connected to it's "Hub" (http://store.virginmedia.com/discover/broadband/explore/our-fastest-wireless.html)

As far as my home goes, the furthest any device is ever from the wireless router is about 10-12 metres. That involves passing through a one ceiling and a couple of walls. I've no idea about the materials used in the construction of the house.

I would be very grateful if someone could recommend a good replacement wireless router.

A:Wireless router recommendations

Look for a MIMO (multiple in/out rf) they have at least two antennas and maybe three. These are more powerful and should do the job.

Also consider an EoP device (Ethernet over Power) which uses your house wiring as a transport so you can
get a switch at the far-end to connect

Here's mine:
Code:

primary router --- wired devices
|
+---- wired to EoP(master) . . . . house wiring . . . EoP(slave) --- switch or access point

If you're careful with the setup, everything will be on the same subnet and print/file sharing is viable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-recommendations.210032/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello everyone!
I'm a newbie to PC gaming, I have been playing "Dayz" on my HP laptop, but the graphics quality and lag I experience is rather annoying! So I'm looking to replace a few components on my laptop but I have no idea where to start or what to change, so I've come to Techspot looking for advice!
bear in mind I don't want to blow the bank on loads of expensive upgrades
here are the specs, any suggestions?

Microprocessor AMD Quad-Core A4-5000M APU with Radeon HD 8330 Graphics (1.5 GHz, 2 MB cache)
Chipset AMD A76M FCH
Memory 4 GB DDR3
Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 8330 Graphics (up to 1.98 GB)
Hard Drive 750 GB 5400 rpm SATA
Up to 24 GB partition for system recovery

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...foCategory&cc=uk&dlc=en&lc=en&product=5399488

Thanks in advance

A:Recommendations for my laptop upgrade

Unfortunately most laptops do not have the option of replacing components. Your options for this HP Laptop is: upgrading your RAM to 8GB (or more depending on how much max RAM the laptop allows) & changing the Hard Drive from the 5400 rpm to either a 7200 rpm or better yet a SSD. Laptops are not component swappable like the Desktop computers are. Most laptops have parts soldered in on the motherboard. You might be able to eliminate some "Lag" with the RAM and Hard Drive changes, but if you are looking for a drastic improvement, I would suggest a laptop more suited for gaming.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-my-laptop-upgrade.207447/
Relevancy 31.82%

I use google drive as my primary online backup, can anyone suggest a second good online backup service which is both
SECURE and FREE?

that way if google loses my data it's still on a second server and my harddrive.
thanks

A:Any recommendations for secure online backup service?

None are secure and free. You can pay, but then your 'security' is still not 100% guarantee'd.

But, be assured, Dropbox/Google/Microsoft aren't going to lose your data ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-secure-online-backup-service.198239/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have been using a pogo plug series on my home network with a USB TB hard drive attached to it for several months and for unknown reasons the pogo plug no longer sees the drive I have connected the drive directly to my PC and it responds normally and a check disk shows no errors at all I have a tech support request in - Personal Home NAS for Use recommendations Your with there tech support which seems to be going no where So I think its time for a change Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use I am asking for your input on a recommended network storage device I can use on my home network that will not only allow me access to files stored on it but will also allow me to save files to it while away from home I use windows based equipment and if at all possible I would like to be able to access and save files from my ipad and iphone like the pogo plug allowed me to do via application When ever I had a question or PC problem the members of this forum have always come through with the right answer or proper solution for me and I Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use hope you Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use all will once again Thank you in advance able actual nbsp

A:Your recommendations for NAS - Personal Home Use

Well my network here is Windows 7 32-bit and 64-bit on desktops, laptops, netbooks, tablets all the way except for tablet or netbook for testing running Windows 8 Pro 32-bit and 64-bit. Also Android tablets and smartphone have NSA325 app to access the NAS.

I use NSA325 pictured to your right on top shelf in my network system here in this mini network rack system. Supports USB 3.0 and 2.0 it has 3x USB ports, two drive bays for upto 6TB, also my Web Server (internal web site also called intranet) Color Laser Business Class shown in the picture below doesn't have network features but using NSA325 Print Server via USB port it's now networked.

This device is also my Network Media Center too. Devices like SONY SMP-N100 and SMP-N200 Network Media Players can access the NSA325 for media files, video, pictures and music. I also use as a NAS for File Server too. Everything goes to the NSA325, very fast too with 1.6GHz, 512MB of RAM. ZyXel link: http://www.zyxel.com/products_services/nsa325.shtml?t=p

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/your-recommendations-for-nas-personal-home-use.194118/
Relevancy 32.25%

Not sure if this is the right forum thread to post this. I'm replacing an Hp Pavillion P6597C and don't know what to purchase or where to purchase it from. I loved my Pavillion but it's crashed on me three times it's first year and again a few weeks ago under the extended warranty.

I'm not a gamer, but do work from home on my computer daily. All my printers are Hp as well as my laptop. I've contacted Tiger Direct and they've recommended an Hp Compaq Elite 8300 (item H24-2406), plus they had a Gateway that was comparable, but I've heard pros and cons about Gateway. A former boss of mine recommended I contact Newegg and PC Mall for pricing too.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. I'm told I should stick with at least 6GB and either an i5 (or i7) processor.

Thanks!

A:Recommendations on where to purchase a new desktop?

This forum is all about how to get the most out of your computing experience and we're always happy to help anyone to accomplish this, whatever their budget or intended use. We usually recommend building your own, because for the same money you'll have a better PC, with more reliable parts and a clear upgrade path. But not everyone has the time or confidence to pull it off, so for them a pre-built OEM system is the only viable option. If this describes your situation, then by all means you should go that route. But first, you should know this; the Elite 8300 and most other systems like it are built with proprietary power supplies and motherboards, so you're stuck with the cheap 320 watt power supply (but not cheap if you have to buy one from HP), and the motherboard doesn't even seem to have a standard 24 pin connector. If you click this link you'll see what I mean - http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c03612799/c03612799.pdf
There are OEMs that build with standard ATX parts, such as these - http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2023376&Sku=SYX-1112 RF
http://www.ibuypower.com/lobby.aspx
I ran the ibuypower system configurator for a system geared towards your needs, and this is a screenshot of the result -

A little more than $600, but much better all around. Go to ibuypower.com and try the configurator yourself, the options are extensive, and you can easily configure a system for $600 if that's you budget cap. I started by clicking on the "Intel Z77 i5/i7 $959" button, but you could also click on "Intel Z77 i5 $719".
EDIT - I didn't include an operating system, so if you need one, be sure to select it in the configurator.
If you do decide to build your own, let me know and I'll help you choose components. Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-on-where-to-purchase-a-new-desktop.191543/
Relevancy 32.25%

So I am trying to build my own computer case for gaming and home use and still want to use my micro-atx motherboard running with amd 64 athlon x2. Question is what is the best recommendation for a computer chassis, memory upgrade, and psu. Also, should I upgrade my processor to, lets say, a amd phenom II x3? Thanks for any replies

A:Any recommendations for a first time builder?

You should do anything until you tell us what you need (OS? Monitor?), your monitor size, games you're gonna play, budget, location.

Either way, not much point to pump money into your old system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-a-first-time-builder.191648/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello TS,

I've recently decided I would like to try out multi monitor computing. My idea is to buy two 25' - 27' monitors to use in conjunction with my 32' monitor I currently own. I'd keep my 32' on my desk and mount the other two above it. I wouldn't necessarily be gaming on the two monitors. I would keep that on my 32'. They would mainly be used for multitasking when browsing,microsoft office work, photo editing, and programming.

So, my question to you all is this:

What are some good 25' to 27' monitors? I don't need anything top of the line. I would just like to get a feel for multi-monitor computing. Also, do any of you know of any decent dual monitor wall mounts?
Budget: $600.00
I'm using two 7950 boost cards - if anyone needed to know.

Edit: I also prefer purchasing my parts from Newegg.
Thanks in advance!

A:Monitor and wallmount recommendations

I can help you with the monitors, but maybe not the mounts. My first question is why do you want them to be on top of each other? I would recommend going horizontally. Monitors are kind of annoying if you have 3 and they are different sizes. But this really only a problem if you gaming along all 3. Is the 32"running at 2560x1440? Because if that is so, the resolution would be wierd if you have 2 1080P monitors + a 32" 2560x1440 one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-and-wallmount-recommendations.191690/
Relevancy 30.96%

My computer running Windows Ultimate -bit can no longer access my Western Digital Caviar quot Black quot TB hard drive that s connected but I suspect my data to still be in there so I wonder what data recorvery tools people have used and recommend This is one of the additional drives to my operating system C drive It has been formatted as NTFS and been working fine for several months until with recommendations Data format, from drive please lost recovery software a week ago Now it appears as the E drive on Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please My Computer as originally configured but the volume label is now blank I used to have that named as quot Media quot When I double-click on it to Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please enter the drive I get the Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please error message quot E is not accessible The parameter is incorrect quot In Computer Management -- gt Storage -- gt Disk Management the drive appears but it s File System is now indicated as RAW rather than NTFS I have tried using Active Partition Recovery and that successfully lists my drive with the original label name quot Media quot and as NTFS and also lists the folders located at the root of the drive which is why I suspect my data to still be in there and recoverable However when I use this tool to do a full scan of my disk it freezes after scanning MB There are tools out there with varying reliability so whch ones do people here recommend another tool I trired I forget its name was scanning my disk but prediced days to go over the entire TB so that s out of the question I have been told to use a tool that can recover files onto a separate disk rather then try to repair the original disk and risk losing more of the original data Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please

Oh crap. Something like this happened recently to me when I had backed up some data to an USB thumb drive. It worked fine for awhile, then some weeks later, my PC just couldn't read it anymore (kept saying "disk in drive needs to be reformatted/etc"...and the properties for the drive also showed it as RAW format instead of FAT32 like it would have been usually).

I think the issue is drive corruption, which seems to be fairly common with external devices like USB drives, but odd in the case of an internal drive. The remedy for me was to try to access it from a different system, which was easy since being a USB stick I could try it elsewhere easily. If you can use another system to access the drive, preferably a Linux/Ubuntu based one; it is likely your best bet to recoup the data before its lost permanently. An external HDD kit would be ideal, and they are quite cheap also.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-drive-with-lost-format-software-recommendations-please.187901/
Relevancy 32.68%

Interested in possibly upgrading my desktop computer. Its several years old and I'm thinking of possibly trying to get it a little closer to being decent. I have a Macbook Pro that I use for things like Pro Tools, Logic and Melodyne, but I'd like to maybe make my PC decent as well. Any recommendations that won't break the bank are appreciated.

System Information:
Make & Model: HP-Pavilion GX776AA-ABA a6342p
Processor: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2180 @ 2.00GHz
Installed Physical RAM: 3.00 GB
Motherboard: ASUS Benicia 1.01
Chipset: Intel P35/G33/G31
PSU: 250 watt

A:Upgrade recommendations

A few questions might help you get on the right track.

What is your budget? (Comments do seem to stretch this question abit)
How do you use your PC?
If you play games, what titles do you play and what resolution do you want to use?
Are you planning on building or buying a pre-build system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-recommendations.185067/
Relevancy 33.11%

I need an upgrade to my current system especially since I got a few dollars to burn recommendations? SSD Right now I m running a couple of old Corsair Novas in RAID and I m looking to replace them with a couple of GB SSDs Again with RAID I only keep non-important data on my SSDs so having no redundancy is of no issue I have multiple external storage solutions for anything of value I m looking for a pair of SSDs with good steady performance And hopefully without any BSOD issues My current system has yet to fail me even though my other SSDs in other systems have failed no longer recognized SSD recommendations? in BIOS even I was thinking of the Vertex and then further reading the M was said to trump the Vertex especially if RAID is being considered Performance wise the M isn SSD recommendations? t really grabbing my attention though Also bear in mind that my DFI MI P is only SATA Will the bandwidth on that be saturated by any SATA drive Will listen to all suggestions Will take suggestions with accompanying explanations much more seriously edit My old drives performance was documented here Their performance should have gone down a little by now nbsp

A:SSD recommendations?

Why are you running RAID 0? I think a 256GB single drive would be better. With RAID 0 you gain sequential speed but lose TRIM and have increased risk of failure from the drives themselves and the RAID controller. Random performance doesn't increase with RAID 0 so unless you really need the sequential speeds I don't see the point.

I would avoid the OCZ and Sandforce SSDs because of questionable track records, best ones are the Crucial m4 or Plextor M3 (both Marvell controller) and Samsung 830 which is probably the best one out there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-recommendations.181780/
Relevancy 33.11%

I am helping a friend of mine build a PC from scratch recommendations PSU My friend is a session musician He is therefore flat broke Obviously the condition is that he would spend as little money as possible on the build My brother and I have supplied him with just about every part he needs -- from the CPU to the mobo to the video card keyboard and mouse All of the said parts are PSU recommendations in working condition My friend has not had to spend a single cent thus far Here are the hodgepodge components we ve gathered OS Windows Home Premium CPU Intel Core i w CM Hyper Mobo Asus P P D Deluxe RAM gb Corsair XMS CL GPU Zotac Eco GTS Chassis CM Hard Drive gb WD Caviar Blue Can you recommend a reliable but not too expensive PSU for the above described build I m not sure how much my friend can spare but do fire away with the suggestions We ll cross that bridge when we get there My friend is neither a gamer nor a technology enthusiast He will be using the machine to surf the internet and send the occasional e-mail I suspect he will be visiting a few porn sites as well Thanks in advance for your help nbsp

A:PSU recommendations

For that setup a good 400w+ PSU would be recomended.

Here are some recomendations:
SeaSonic S12II 430B 430W = $60
PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 400W = $70 - $20 rebate = $50
PC Power and Cooling Silencer MK III 500W = $80 - $20 rebate = $60

If you're on a really thight buget this one is decent but not as good as the others listed:
Antec VP-450 450W = $35

Antec, Enermax, Corsair (except for Builder Series), FSP, PC Power & Cooling, and SeaSonic would be the brands to look for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-recommendations.183816/
Relevancy 32.25%

Could you guys recommend some good gaming headphones for my desktop I d like something sturdy and -- well -- loud My neighbours just brought home a cute bouncing baby boy their first His mother had me carrry him for a while and he introduced himself to gaming Recommendations for headphones me with a great gob of drool which -- strangely enough -- I found adorable Anyways the kid s arrival next door means the end of my days playing games at almost full volume on speakers My PC Recommendations for gaming headphones is set up in the bedroom at a spot where I m sure the noise just goes through Recommendations for gaming headphones the wall as though it weren t there I don t want to disturb the child s nap time I don t want to move my PC anywhere else in my cramped apartment either So I m about to put my speakers away now and I need some good gaming headphones to replace them I ve taken a look at a few on the internet but would like some recommendations from TS members Thanks PS Not sure this post belongs here If it doesn t then I apologize to the board s administrators for the mistake nbsp

A:Recommendations for gaming headphones

A4Tech cheap ergonomic headphones would by my top choice. I have here on my PC an A4Tech model T-120 and HS-23

T-120

http://a4tech.com/product.asp?m=p5&cid=221&scid=221&id=673

HS-23

http://a4tech.com/product.asp?m=p5&cid=221&scid=221&id=475

Comparing, the loudest would be HS-23 with good measures of bass even on Dolby Surround environment. I think it's enough to give the baby his good night sleep considering you don't even need an expensive one.

Just check the links below the images for more specification.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-gaming-headphones.183174/
Relevancy 32.25%

Aye, maties!

I'm planning on getting my self a good netbook for my campus stuff. Here's the criteria:

1) With anything low on power usage (like the Atom), of course. Need the battery life. But something powerful enough to compile a Python code.
2) SSD. I'm usually not that clumsy, but for the occasional drop, I'd prefer something that doesn't have moving parts. Oh well, admitted, I just want the speed more.
3) Atleast wi-fi. My college has it, so I'll leech it.
4) Preferably no OEM OS installed. Recently-converted Linux lover (blame Leeky ) , so will arm it with my Backbox, but don't want to waste the Windows (likely) installation's warranty. Dual-booting a last resort.

Budget is upto $240 (USD). Hard-set, unfortunately. Ready for compromises.

Any recommendations?

A:Netbook purchase recommendations

I personally like Toshiba's line of Netbooks, we use one at home for a media center and it's quite nice. Although given your budget, I think you'll struggle to find something with Ivy and SSD at that price. That's what Ultrabooks are for, afterall

Something like this:

http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops/mini-notebook/NB500/NB505-N508BL

Only has second generation in it (Atom N455) but still a quality little machine. Second gen is still nice. You could always pop out the HDD and put your own SSD in at a later time when budget allows.

Others might have had experiences with other brand netbooks, but I've liked Toshiba's NB series since they launched. I play old games on mine all the time too, Like Fallout 1/2

Hope I'm not rambling at that this helps or gives you an idea. 30 dollars more than your budget too..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netbook-purchase-recommendations.182521/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,
Here's my set-up:
Asus M4A79XTD EVO
2 times HD 4850 512MB (in crossfire)
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
6GB 1333mhz RAM (Kingston)
128GB OCZ Vertex Plus Series SATA II SSD
600w coolermaster silent PSU
W7 O/S

nothing overclocked
What is the next best upgrade to make in order to get a noticeable difference in gaming?

thanks in advance

A:Gaming upgrade - recommendations please

Well If you want better gaming performance. The upgrade would be the GPU. What is the budget you have for the upgrade?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-upgrade-recommendations-please.182440/
Relevancy 32.25%

So I found out today that no, you cannot actually get port forwarding to work with the shitty no-name DSL-router combo that AT&T supplies.
I need a recommendation for DSL modem (or modem / router comb as they seem to be popular) that doesn't suck in the way that it will let me essentially run a web server from the connection without incident.
That is, I need to be able to forward ports through the firewall. (The one currently in use here well, doesn't let me do that... nor does it let you turn the firewall off.)

A:Recommendations for a DSL modem that doesn't suck

Really any DSL/router combo will be better than what you have. Linksys, Netgear, and DLink all make DSL modem/router combos. However, keep in mind AT&Fee may not support a 3rd party DSL modem. You maybe stuck with that box to have their service. If that is the case, I'd look into a different ISP. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-a-dsl-modem-that-doesnt-suck.181508/
Relevancy 32.25%

So all I really want to know is how do I know what I should Recommendations? card graphics get? What graphics card will function correctly with my computer right now I have integrated Rad D for gaming and tbh i hate it What graphics card should I get? Recommendations? Here are my specs and the computer i have Quad core AMD A - each is GHz rated at GHz GB DDR RAM TB HDD Genuine Win Home Premium AMD Radeon HD D And the computer I have is http h www hp com ewfrf wc usens- amp lang en amp lc en amp product N Mine is the c QUESTION So I get about - FPS in games like CoD BO GTA etc Would getting a new grahpics card do the trick and would you be so awesome to get me a suggestion Will be buying in - months so can be - as it will drop i hope right Question Is AGP or PCI better does my computer support it and is there maybe even something better than both To save you some time Here is some of the info HP releases for video graphics I m not sure if this will help you but Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed Radeon HD D D D or D Graphics model dependent based on processor Supports PCI Express x graphics cards Two DVI-D ports Both ports can be used at the same time nbsp

A:What graphics card should I get? Recommendations?

You would probably want a 6800 (at least 6700) series card if AMD is what you prefer.

If nVidia is your preference then the 570 (at least 550) is where you would want to be.

If you are not aware a new generation will soon be out. That means in 2 or 3 months, you will have a whole new selection of cards to choose from.

If you do choose a card, please make sure your power supply is rated to carry the graphics power requirements.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-graphics-card-should-i-get-recommendations.177757/
Relevancy 32.25%
A:Power supply recommendations

CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W for $104

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-recommendations.175300/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi Guys, I need a little help in deciding which SSD to buy. I am struggling with a decision after information overload and not being a techie I would greatly appreciate some advice to help point me in the right direction.

I have the following:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 950 @ 3.07GHz

Motherboard
P6X58D-E

Now if I have read things correctly my motherboard will not utilize the ocz vertex 3 because of the sata controller. So what are my options to use a decent SSD of 120 GB +.

It would be churlish to say money is no object but I would rather buy quality than a cheap option.

Thanks for any input.

A:Solid state drive recommendations

We use all these brands, and many others in our shops, with good results. Corsair anc Crucial were best for us... but also Patriot, OCZ, Intel, Corsair, Kingston, Super Talent, Mushkin, Crucial.

There are reviews available on line. Look at the reviews and the replies on www.Directron.com, www.NewEgg.com, www.CDW.com, www.TigerDirect.com, www.frys.com, and others.

There are huge numbers of models out there in the market place, and many are very good. YOu have to be sure you have the newer models, as the technology is advancing very fast. If i had to buy one for myself today, it would be a Corsair from Directron... as just about everything I find with a Corsair label on it is superb.

We rarely hear of bad ones nowadays... but size and speed are changing almost weekly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/solid-state-drive-recommendations.175154/
Relevancy 31.82%

I have built this pc and am playing Microsoft flight simulator and want better graphics and maybe overclocking in the future

Processor:AMD phenom quad core 955 BLACK EDITION
Motherboard:AUSUS M4N68T-M LE V2
Ramatriot 4GB x2
Psu:Standard Dell Psu 250
Hard drive:1tb hitachi sata cable
150mb Wireless internet card!
Toshiba Samsung Dvd/cd RW drive

i am unsure of what graphics card to buy?
i know i need to buy a decent PSU,im thinking a modular corsair have my eye on 1! :-D

A:Recommendations for graphics card on recent build?

It really depends on your budget for the GPU, and what resolution you play at (or intend to play at).

Let us know both of these, as well as what PSU your eyeing up, and we can advise you of suitable GPUs for your build.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-graphics-card-on-recent-build.171688/
Relevancy 32.68%

I could use some advice...

My computer recently bit the bullet and I am in the market for a new laptop. Its purpose will be solely for work use, which will include research and writing.

I was thinking about a mini notebook. I've heard some things about them - that you can hook up the computer to a larger screen when needed, though light enough for you to transport anywhere easily.

I really don't have much time on my hands at the moment to research, that is why I'm reaching out to the techspot community.

I am a new member; however, my several interactions with the techspot community have been favorable.

Thanks,

b

A:Laptop recommendations

Give us your budget and we'll take it from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-recommendations.170874/
Relevancy 32.25%

Long story short: My trusty wired Linksys G router is - I believe - beginning to fail. I have had it for over six years. About a year and a half ago I bought a TrendNet Access Point to provide wireless throughout my house because everyone has a laptop in my family.

On occasion I would have to reboot the access point but now I am finding in the last six weeks that I have to reboot my router more and more. Perhaps the AP is the cause but I don't think so.

In my research I read a real mixed bag of results when it comes Wireless N Routers so I need some solid advice.

Budget: $100 but would love to purchase for less as long as it is good. Be willing to go $125.

Thanks.

A:Need recommendations on a good wireless n router

Linksys (Cisco) E2000 if you need dual band (2.4 AND 5.8)or E1000 if you need 1 band (2.4). The E1000 can be had new for about $70.. If you don't mind refurbs check these deals out http://dealnews.com/c114/Computers/Networking/b412/Linksys/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-recommendations-on-a-good-wireless-n-router.169469/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello, I have a 2u rack mounted case in a studio. Standard dual core AM3 processor, not overclocked, used for music production.
The case has 3 x 50mm fans in front intake. Ive managed to find Fractal Design 50mm fans that are silent. But the processor fan is too loud.

I have a Gelid Solutions Slim Silence Low Profile AMD CPU Cooler, and it is far from quiet.

The case runs quite hot anyway due to the design so I dont think acoustic treatment is an option.
Can anyone recommend a quiet/silent AM3 CPU fan?
Thanks

A:Silencing a 2u case - CPU fan recommendations?

You said it yourself "The case runs quite hot anyway"... The faster a fan is designed to spin the louder it gets. The low-profile heat sinks have less heat sink area to dissipate heat so you need a faster fan. Maybe something like this will work:
Quiet-Low Profile Fan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/silencing-a-2u-case-cpu-fan-recommendations.168654/
Relevancy 32.25%

I am looking to upgrade/replace 6 older workstation pc's (purchased 11/07) and am looking for advice on new builds.

The workstations are used for our P.O.S. program and accessing online vendors (low graphics requirements).

Emphasis on reliability, low cost.

Willing to reuse old components, especially monitor,keyboard & mouse.

Prefer established online vendors like Newegg.

Is the "budget box" build the best bet?

Current System Specs: Dell OptiPlex 745
HARD DRIVE..., 80G, S2, 7.2K, 3.5, WD-UNIC
Dual In-line Memory Module 512, 667M, 64X64, 8, 240, 1RX8
Processor, 945, 3.4, 2X2MB Pentium D Presler, D0

A:Building new budget workstation pc's, looking for recommendations

Budget? AMD or Intel? Does it matter? What programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-new-budget-workstation-pcs-looking-for-recommendations.168051/
Relevancy 32.25%

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for a good sound card/speakers. Right now I'm using the built-in audio from my motherboard and the built-in speakers on my monitor (audio wasn't my biggest concern when building my desktop).

I'd like to upgrade to a 2.1 speaker setup, but I don't know too much about sound cards or speakers. Any suggestions would be great.

Budget: $80-90 max for sound card, $150 max for speakers
**Canadian dollars, not U.S.
**will be purchasing from Tiger Direct, Canada Computers and Newegg... although the first two are preferred

A:Recommendations for sound card/speakers

Have a look at the Logitech LS 11 speakers. They are just stereo, plug into your audio out socket, they have a mains transformer you will need to plug in, but will be a big improvement on what you have.
If you want a lot more bass sound, then 2.1 is far more effective, and I bought the Logitech X230 for my PC, but now use them on my TV !
In my opinion, the bass can be too much, but if you roll up some paper and push it into the bass port, it reduces the bass output quite a bit, and with that mod I am happy with the sound I get. These still plug into the audio 'out' socket, and no mods needed to your pc.
If you want better sound than that, then you will need a 5.1 sound card, there are many, Trust, Genius, Soundblaster, prices vary greatly and could depend on where you live as to what choice you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-sound-card-speakers.167120/
Relevancy 32.25%

I'll use it primarily for gaming and music production, but for now, let's stick to the gaming part.

CASE: Cooler Master HAF 922
MOBO: ASUS M4A89GTD
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 970
GPU: GeForce GTX 560 Ti
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX 650W
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5
Monitor: ASUS VH197D Black 18.5"
Keyboard: Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4

I already have a decent mouse that I use with my lappy.

Are these compatible?
I checked already, and everything seemed to be in place, but I'm also a bit of a n00b, so I could be way off here.
And lastly, any recommendations/part swaps for a cheaper build while also maintaining a comparable level of power?

A:Compatibility check/recommendations for my first build, anyone?

That PSU is quite a bit of overkill, unless you're considering multiple video cards in the future.

An 18.5" monitor would make me so very, very unhappy. I had two 19" wide screens and got rid of them both almost immediately. 22" is about the sweet spot for the 1680 x 1050 computer 16:10 standard, and you should bump up to 23" if you're going to get a 1920 x 1080P 16:9 ratio panel. There just isn't enough screen height in the smaller panels.

I tried plugging a desktop mouse into my lappy and it didn't work. Don't know if the reverse is true. I didn't try very hard though. Try it first.

You should have enough posts to link your parts choices. Being able to click to the product pages helps us a bunch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatibility-check-recommendations-for-my-first-build-anyone.166417/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi guys, I've been thinking about upgrading my graphics card as I've been experiencing some less-than-great FPS in newer games, and I'm starting to notice the lack of DX11. I play pretty much anything I can get my hands on, but currently The Witcher 2 and Black Ops.
The card I have now is Radeon HD4870 1024MB.

I have a relatively new PSU at 850W(Overkill, I know ) I'm not sure about the brand but I guess I can open it up if you need to know.

Motherboard
Manufacturer: ASUS
Model: P5Q-Pro
PCI-Express, x16

CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

Memory
4GB RAM

So, I've been looking at possibly getting the Radeon 6950, or do you have some other suggestions? How does the different manufacturers compare i.e. XFX vs Sapphire?
Also, how will my CPU and Mobo hold up, or would I be better off replacing them?

Big thanks in advance!

A:Recommendations for new GPU

Get what ever your budget can handle. You don't mention what your version of Windows is

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-new-gpu.166056/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hey guys, I'm new to this website (and I'm not very good with technology at all) so please bear with me.

I recently got Minecraft for my computer but the problem is that it lags too much. I have NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 (it's an integrated one).

I was told that upgrading it would greatly reduce lag. I don't really play any other games on my computer so I don't want a ridiculously expensive one.

My CPU is AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
I have 4 gigs of RAM.
Any suggestions? I heard that if I just install an external card, my computer would just ignore the integrated one. Is that true?
Thank you very much in advance...

A:I want to improve Minecraft FPS. Graphics card recommendations?

Yes you've got all the information correct.
If you have any information about your power supply, do post it here.
Someone else who's smarter will probably have an actual graphics card recommendation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-improve-minecraft-fps-graphics-card-recommendations.165782/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey guys, I'm pretty new here and to the whole computer thing, I was just wondering if anyone could recommend a decent graphics card that not to expensive, My current one doesn't have Direct3D, So yeah. Cant play any online games for the moment. Right now I'm using Matrox Millennium G450 DuelHead DVI PCI. And I couldn't download the drivers to actually get Direct3D working so I'm forced to buy a new Graphics card . Thanks Mike ~ .

A:Recommendations on graphics cards?

What are your system specs? How much are you willing to spend on the GPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-on-graphics-cards.161357/
Relevancy 32.25%

I don't think the default fans in the Corsair 600T case I have push that much air. So I've been trying to find sites in uk that sell 200mm fans. And been trying to find information about which ones do a decent CFM at a reasonable noise level but both info and retailers seem quite scarce.

A:200mm case fans? Any recommendations?

How about some of these for you:

65 To 166 CFM : 180 To 220 Mil Fans.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/200mm-case-fans-any-recommendations.159946/
Relevancy 32.25%

I'm trying to help my mom buy a new laptop, but I don't have much experience with lower-end computers. I'm hoping someone can help point out a good laptop or laptop maker.

She will be using the laptop for simple tasks: email, web browsing, and Netflix watch now. Because she is using Netflix watch now the laptop will need a video output, preferably HDMI to minimize cables. She would prefer a larger screen, so web books are pretty much out of the question. Battery life, portability, touch pad, etc don't matter because she will use the laptop at home 99.99% of the time. Also, she doesn't have a need for an HDD larger than a few GB.

She wants to spend as little as possible, and is not willing to pay more than $500.

Any ideas/input? Thanks!

A:Laptop recommendations wanted

Jesse

Check out the Dells:
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-laptops?~ck=anav

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-recommendations-wanted.158756/
Relevancy 32.25%

Looking for a wireless router in the sub $60 range. Router lives at one end of house and we live in a ranch style home where it's nice to have reception at far end of house.

Currently have a Microsoft MN-500 and I have to unplug/reset because the wireless connectivity goes out on it. I have minimal reception at far end of house with this unit.

Don't currently have any streaming televisions or anything like that...but probably will in the next year. Want to get a router that could handle that.

A:Wireless N router recommendations

I would check PC magazine, PC world, computer shopper for ratings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-n-router-recommendations.158135/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello,

I've just invested in a Asus Xonar D2X, at the moment i've got the Logitech Z2300 speakers.

Can anyone recommend some new speakers? I've got a 300 ish budget. I was thinking of the Z5500 maybe?

Regards.

Alex.

A:Speaker recommendations?

Holy smokes 300!...I paid 40 for my logitech X530's, and i'm more than happy with them.

But if i did have that sort of money to spend, the Logitech Z-5500's look like a fantastic choice i think.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/speaker-recommendations.158379/
Relevancy 31.82%

I was recently passed down my first desktop a crappy video recommendations card Power supply and old HP Pavilion n I am big into PC gaming but am fed up with having to use a shared slow computer or my terrible laptop I am planning on beefing up this system instead of starting Power supply and video card recommendations all over with a new one I am upgrading to a NZXT Tempest Evo case and the first things I will do is new RAM a video card and a power supply I want to upgrade the power supply first Right now I am using a stock power supply only W A cheap quality powersupply around - W enough to support a midrange video card is what I am looking for preferably no more than USD Suggestions I am also looking for a good gaming video card I dont need any fance SLI or crossfire or whatever it is but something with at least one HDMI output and capable of supporting - monitors If you need any extra specs just tell me specifically what you need and Ill post them nbsp

A:Power supply and video card recommendations

Before you do anything, what CPU does it use?

Will be pointless even considering a new midrange GPU if your CPU is just going to bottleneck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-and-video-card-recommendations.157769/
Relevancy 32.25%

I recently was passed down a junky old HP Pavilion with onboard graphics. I am going to replace the onboard graphics with a higher end video card, but I noticed my power supply is only 250W.
What would you recommend as a good gaming power supply while on a budget (probably no more than $125

A:New power supply recommendations

Are you able to give us the hardware specs of this system and the video card you'll be upgrading to?

With $125 budget you can get a really good psu with a whole lot of your budget left over.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-power-supply-recommendations.157397/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi,

Could anyone recommend any SLI motherboards (LGA1156)? I was looking for something that can take two Nvidia GTX 460 1GB's without being too expensive.

Thanks.

A:LGA1156 SLI motherboard recommendations

If you haven't already bought the CPU, then I would hold off for a few weeks if possible until Sandy Bridge (LGA 1155) releases.
Even if you aren't ready to be part of Intel's beta testing of the platform you'll most likely see a good reduction in P55 mainboard prices as vendors look to shift inventory. Intel has already stated that it intends to aggressively market the P67/H67, and with higher clocks and improved architecture (around 10% increased performance clock-for-clock over Lynnfield, 25-30% improvement at the same pricepoints) mainboard manufacturers and etailers are likely to slash prices on LGA1156 boards.

With the present pricing in effect I would look at:
Gigabyte P55A-UD4P
Asus P7P55D Deluxe (incredible pricing for the feature set but lacking SATA 6Gb and USB3
ASRock P55A Extreme4 (very good feature set)

All three boards have excellent PCIe slot placement allowing for breathing room between graphics cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lga1156-sli-motherboard-recommendations.157508/
Relevancy 31.82%

I currently have this (and don't want them to collect any dust:
Asus Motherboard
Quad Processor
DDR Memory

Plus a couple hard drives, but absolutely nothing else. Since this is new to me, I'm asking:

1 - Is there a way the more experienced users would suggest going about a new case and how to know the appropriate power supply to buy.

2 - I bought the MB used from newegg.com, and it didn't come with any wires/connectors. Can you tell me what I'd need to fully be ready when I have all the components?

Thanks!

A:New build case & power supply recommendations

I havnt done this in a while but here it goes.....

If you dont have the propor heatsink/fan combo you will need one of those for your processor.

For your needs just get a quality 500w PSU by Antec, Silverstone, Thermaltake ect ect. No $20 bargain buys. If you plan on putting in some super fancy graphics card, take the minumum requirments for that card off the box and add 100 watts.

Wires you will need are just your SATA cables.

The PSU should come with all you need to connect it to your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-case-power-supply-recommendations.156270/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hi (budgeted) from music a Recommendations new recording building scratch computer for I would like to put together a computer with these software requirements in mind for reason record Intel P AMD Athlon XP at GHz or better multiple cores highly recommended GB RAM or more DVD drive GB free hard disk space Record may use up to GB cache disk space Windows XP SP Vista or later I currently have XP and would do Windows but I really don t care for Vista please don t figure in to the total and yes I will be getting a legal copy I would like to go the cheapest route Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music which I imagine would be building from scratch If I can stay under dollars that s Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music be best although spending a little more for a really nice system that will be good for a few years is favorable I found this as a starting point and would like to know the thoughts from the inside The only additional information I have is I have TB s that are waiting for a home Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music so I m not worried about storage and also the quieter the better as everything helps while recording Thank you very much in advance - Dinvex nbsp

A:Recommendations building a new (budgeted) computer from scratch for recording music

You can do better with your budget. I recommend this:

AMD Athlon II X2 245 Regor 2.9GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM3 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor - $57.99 + free shipping
GIGABYTE GA-MA74GM-S2 AM3\AM2+\AM2 AMD 740G mATX AMD Motherboard - $53.99 ($51.99 with M-Club discount) + variable shipping depending on location
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit - $75.99 + $0.99 shipping
NZXT Beta EVO Chassis - CS-NT-BETA-EVO - $53.99 + free shipping
SeaSonic SS-300ET Bronze 300W ATX12V V2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply - OEM - $39.99 + $8.57 shipping
ASUS Xonar DX PCI-E Sound Card - $79.99 ($59.99 after $20 MIR) + free shipping
Grand Total = ~$380, not considering rebates.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-building-a-new-budgeted-computer-from-scratch-for-recording-music.154550/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello guys, So my birthday is in 3 months. If you did not know, I am having problems with my case and graphic card. Ex: Overheating/Crashing from it. So yea, I am intrested in getting a new graphic card and case. So if you do not mind, Please post a link to a grpahic card with a case, Or just 1. But here is what I am planning on doing with the comp for you info.

Hardcore Gaming- Things that can run BFBC,Crysis,Cod, High-End Games. So I just want something that can play most of the new and future games at high or so.

Case- Try to make it have fans so I do not have airflow/overheating problems again.

Price- Try to make the price under 300.

EDIT: If you know any good cases that are used for watercooling, Or a case that is see-though so I can install neon, Please List.

A:New graphic card/case, need recommendations

Under 300 what? Dollars, Lire, Taka ?
Making some basic assumptions (you want a mid/full tower chassis for an ATX, running at an average resolution 1680x1050) here's some chassis:
Mid tower
Cooler Master HAF 922 ($99 inc shipping)
Cooler Master Storm Sniper ($133 inc shipping)
Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 ($103 inc shipping)
Antec P183 ($160 inc shipping)
SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02-BW ($160 inc shipping)
SILVERSTONE Fortress Series FT02B-W ($245 inc shipping)
Full tower
Cooler Master HAF 932 ($130 inc shipping)
COOLER MASTER HAF X ($200 inc shipping)
COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 ($170 inc shipping)
LIAN LI PC-A70F ($180 inc shipping)

As for graphics cards, I'd leave it for the time being. In three months the graphics landscape is going to look a whole lot different to how it appears now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphic-card-case-need-recommendations.151269/
Relevancy 32.68%

I want to put together two of the new GTX 460 video cards and using an i7-870 proc.

Any SLI mobo recommendations?

A:SLI board recommendations for the GTX 460 and i7-870

Hi Tom,
what price range are you in here?
......Hmmmmm, something tells me Chef will be here in a minute with 3....no...make that 4 recommendations.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-board-recommendations-for-the-gtx-460-and-i7-870.150526/
Relevancy 31.82%

Till now, I've been using esnips for (non bit torrent) free file sharing. Problem is:

esnips started requiring the esnips download manager for any esnips download and
The new esnips installer includes sneakware: it installs its own home page, search page, etc. unless one carefully reviews and unchecks all the installation options
So everytime i give someone a file sharing link i don't want to worry about warning them about the sneakware (and worse yet, they overlook the options and install the sneakware by mistake)
Any other good site recommendations? And would you know how they compare to ensips offer of free 5GB storage with 200MB limit per file?

A:Recommendations for free file sharing sites?

DropBox is pretty awesome; I use it a lot. If you upload via the desktop app, there's no limit on the file size, but you're limited to 300MB per file if you use the web browser uploader. The max for free storage is 2GB I believe.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-free-file-sharing-sites.143483/
Relevancy 32.25%

hi i was lokoing at these couple of boards can anyone tell me which they think would be the best i dont oc or do gaming. I see the biostar has good reviews and am stil checking the other boards so i wanted to see what you people think.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138186

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121394

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813121396

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128421

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131623

mi gettin the intel i3 530. Thnx
I was also wondering which board had the best bios with the most options. I like the gigabyte

A:H55 motherboard advice and recommendations

if your going to be doing any overclocking then go with the ASUS P7H55-M PRO

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/h55-motherboard-advice-and-recommendations.146586/
Relevancy 33.11%

okay i have a lame Gigabyte-G31M-ES2C motherboard. Rev 1.1

now what will be a good gfx for me in $100 ?

A:$100 GPU recommendations?

the Nvidia 250 GTS, or the ATI HD 4850

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/100-gpu-recommendations.146149/
Relevancy 32.25%

Yo guys,
Just interested in getting a laptop which can play pretty much all the latest games to a decent standard, under 750 quid, I mean I was thinking about the Alienware M11X but it has no CD-drive, but the Dell Studio 17 looks pretty decent

http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/p.../studio-1747?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&~ck=mn

Any other recommendations?

A:'Gaming' Laptop Recommendations <£750

http://www.coastwaycomputerstore.co.uk/product/Acer+Aspire+5942G%7B49%7D524G64Bn+%7B49%7D+Core+i5+520M+2.4+GHz+%7B49%7D+15.6%22+TFT -- 810.69.

Cheapest I've seen. Although seems to be priced between 800-900.

Been using one of these for a while. Only bad thing is the widescreen tft is only 1366 x 768. But for me, I wanted it to be able to play current titles for a while so thought a lower native resolution might be one way of making it last a bit longer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop-recommendations-%C2%A3750.145331/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am looking to renew my older machine with some newer parts and W7. My first and foremost is a mobod. I am only going to use this as a machine that hosts music for my Russound cav6.6 and also as a backup storage device. Does anyone have a recommendation for a mobod under or around $100?

A:Motherboard recommendations

Some more information would be handy.

Are you planning to re-use a CPU ? If so, what SKU/socket ? Are you also recycling RAM ?
If no, then what is your CPU + RAM budget ?
Communication with computer via D-Sub 9 pin ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-recommendations.144710/
Relevancy 32.68%

HI all. Im upgrsding to DDR3(E6500,GA-G41MT-ES2L) and a new video card. Just wondering if anyone has some experience/ feedback on these cards that im looking at. XFX GT240,
GIGABYTE GT240/250 and ASUS 9800GT. I know they are all close to one another im just wondering if anyone has some good advise for me. Thanks

A:New card recommendations?

Presuming that the card is for gaming then you're best bet from the cards you've listed is the GTS250.
The lower priced (and performing) GT240 and (slightly better) 9800GT would most likely struggle with some games at 1680x1050. If you are gaming at 1280x1024 then not an issue with any of the cards. The GTS 250 would affords a better gaming experience at the higher resolution.
Are these cards your only options? If you aren't AMD-phobic I would seriously consider the HD 5750 (or if your budget can stretch, then the HD 5770). The HD 5750 offers comparable performance to the GTS 250 and offers more going forward as drivers mature for the series. If pricing in Aus is close to NZ pricing then both cards should be similarly priced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-card-recommendations.143925/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi guys I was wondering what your thoughts are on this plan of mine to buy one of these i5 X4 BE, II vs AMD 955 Phenom Core recommendations? processors and to compare a Biostar mobo to an MSI one which seemingly have very similar features I have a small table comparing their Core i5 vs AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE, recommendations? price points but I need an expert opinion on which one is better to spend my money on because I am limited to a budget of CAD - Also I need to know whether in the future I can count on processor upgrades from either without having to switch boards and what are my options I am hinting at core processors for both Intel and AMD that are planned for release this year I really appreciate your thoughts guys PS I already own a GTX core and an Earthwatts W PSU cert My Case contains fans of which are LED and out of them are Thermaltake Blue smart fans I wasn t sure if that info would be a factor in choosing the correct CPU Mobo combo nbsp

A:Core i5 vs AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE, recommendations?

The Core i5 750 is definitely a better processor. However, being an AMD fan, I also love the the Phenom II 955BE. If your budget permits, then go for the i5 setup.

Both the Phenom II and the i5 cater to each manufacturer's flagship socket. The LGA 1156 from Intel and the AM3 from AMD are here to stay. So you wouldn't really have to switch boards if you upgrade the CPU in the near future. However, in this regard AMD is more reserved. Intel seems to come up with new sockets fairly quickly.

The 6 core processors are Intel's Gulftown and AMD's Thuban. The Gulftown will be based on the LGA 1366 socket. The Thuban will be AM3. So if you would like to upgrade to a 6 core system without swapping the motherboard, AMD is the way to go.

All looks fine in your system. Just feel that you may be cutting it a little close with that PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/core-i5-vs-amd-phenom-ii-x4-955-be-recommendations.142234/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey guys, im working on a new build for christmas and i have a budget of about $800
I have a monitor, keyboard\mouse, speakers.
I need to include windows 7 in my budget which will give me about $700 for hardware
This computer is mostly going to be for gaming.

AMD
Motherboard- $70

Video Card $170

CPU $172

PSU$40

HDD $55

RAM $105

Case- $40 at microcenter

Cd Drive $35

$687 without windows

Intel

Core I5 750- $165 @ microcenter

Need advice on motherboard $90 give or take
PSU $40

HDD $55

RAM $105

Video Card $170

Cd Drive- $35

Case $40

610 w\o motherboard and windows

A:New build recommendations

The intel system is a little better, if your asking for recommendations.
GIGABYTE GA-P55M-UD2 LGA 1156 Intel P55 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Also, I would suggest using this powersupply instead:
CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Retail
Also, consider this RAM kit too: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM - Retail

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-recommendations.138479/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello fellow techspot users. :haha:
I need some recommendation from users from have some backbone knowledge or experience about this kind of related question.

I am looking for a motherboard (perfer possibly with a integrated HDMI) that can handle a payload for my

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6400+ that feeds off 125watts.
I also got a few sticks of 1GB 800mhz 6400 RAM.
9600GT graphics card.

I am Also looking for a **quiet** and good brand Power Supply Unit.

nothing too exaggerated or/and expensive.
but you can list your thoughts and opinions/product/brand names please.
Thank you everyone.

A:Recommendations on HDMI-capable Mobo, PSU

Consider Seasonic, FSP Group, Corsair, OCZ, and PC Power and Cooling among your power supply choices.
Do some reading on Gigabyte, MSI, and ASUS boards.... Look at reviews at such sites as Newegg.com, Toms Hardware, and others you will find with a Google search. Do searches here on TechSpot for the boards you find mentioned, as there are some good discussions already posted on good AMD boards.
By having already chosen your graphics card and memory, it is more difficult to post model numbers without doing the research ourselves... and you will benefit from what you learn from the work already done by others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-on-hdmi-capable-mobo-psu.137471/
Relevancy 32.25%

since i live in mexico we have to order internationally to get parts

i sold my pny gtx 275 (only like 2 months old) to a friend.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4813752&CatId=3775

for the price without shipping.

i wasted one hundred bucks and i only have 200,

i want a cheap video card, but not lacking in perfomance

i was thinking this

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4813752&CatId=3775

A:Video card recommendations

I wish I considered $299 cheap. By the way you say you only have $200... Isn't that card $99 over your budget?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-recommendations.130433/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hey Folks! I'm planning on swapping out my Dell Dimension 3000's current power supply with a new one and I'm checking out the supplies on Best Buy's website. Can anybody recommend me a power supply that's got high wattage but nothing considered overkill? I mainly listen to music, download films (legal downloads) and watch ripped DVDs on the HDD so I'm not looking for something that'll power a small third world country. I'm no gamer so I'm just interested in a power supply that'll give me great power and last me a few years without breaking the bank.

Here's a list of power supplies I'm looking at:

BEST BUY POWER SUPPLIES $50 - $99.99

A:Power Supply Recommendations (Corsair?)

You would be better off buying this one online IMO, but if you can't, then you should get the same model at Best Buy, Click here for a link to it on BB's website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-recommendations-corsair.130197/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello everyone...
I've recently acquired a new AMD Phenom II x2 Black Edition processor. My goal is to build a new system as a backup for my laptop. This will be my 5th system I've built and every time I seem to improve on the last setup. Well this time I've decided to see if I can build this system with some pretty decent components without busting the bank. I'm pretty excited about this, but being that there are so many different components to choose from, I figure I would see what other system builders would recommend to get the most bang for the buck. I'm looking into motherboards and video cards riight now. (unless the board has internal video on it already.)

A:Component Recommendations?

What kind of budget are you working with?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/component-recommendations.129796/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi, :wave:

Situation:
I have a printer (Epson Stylus CX4300).
and I don't have colored ink anymore,
but I have black ink.

I don't use colored ink..
I often use black only.

but I can't print even I have black ink,
I changed it to black and white mode,
but it doesn't print
it always says that "replace cartridge"
but I'm not printing colored,
and I only need to print black.

Questions:
1. Can I print black and white even I don't have
colored cartridge?

2. What is the reason why I can't print black and white even I have black Ink?is it because colored ink is also needed in printing black and white?

3. What are the other ways of printing black and white without colored ink?

Details:
Printer: Epson Stylus CX4300

Thank you very much!
PortalTreaf

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-cx4300-ink-cartridge.126426/
Relevancy 32.25%

Greetings use recommendations? term headset Long I currently work in a call center but have use for PC Headsets at home as well I ve been doing some fairly extensive looking around but can t seem to find the quot right quot headset I m looking for Something over-the-head Long term use headset recommendations? behind the head or Long term use headset recommendations? in-ear never seem to stay in with my head Something around-the-ear probably Most on-the-ear tend to hurt my ears with extended use Something that cancels as much noise around me as far as what I hear I work in a noisy call center and most noise-cancelling headsets advertise this just from a microphone point of view Something with standard PC connectors dual mm Something COMFORTABLE that can handle hours of daily use Price range doesn t particularly matter though I would like it to stay didgits preferably Generally this isn t a list of musts but rather what I prioritize in finding It s so hard to know how a headset is going Long term use headset recommendations? to feel just off of pictures was wondering if anyone has something that matches this Drop me a line if anyone has any suggestions I d really love to get some ideas nbsp

A:Long term use headset recommendations?

For this list the headset will be pricey, but you will get what you pay for. Here's an example:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826265053

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/long-term-use-headset-recommendations.125764/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all,

I want to upgrade my current 'gaming' hardware setup. Especially the Graphics card and the Processor. My current ones are:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 dual core processor 4000+
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT (512mb)

I have a relatively slow PC, is this caused by the processor? Because it's only 2.1 GHz?
What would be a better setup to play some heavy games, like Red Alert 3 on HQ, or Crysis etc.?

Another question: A friend of mine said the graph. card was pretty good, so if I replaced the processor I would be able to get much higher preformance, and speed... Is this true?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for my bad English.
Marty

A:Graphics and Processor recommendations?

The video card is nowhere near good. A decent video card for great performance at any resolution upto 1440x900 would be the HD 4670. Light-years faster than that 8500GT and cheap too. (<$100)

The CPU should be okay though, but if you want to upgrade, the only worthy upgrade would be a Phenom II X3 or one of the older Windsor chips with 2MB of L2 cache memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-and-processor-recommendations.124157/
Relevancy 33.11%

I need a new Harddrive I have right now all internal and I d like to keep it that way I have a TB and a GB both SATA GB s and a GB and GB IDE recommendations? HDD The GB one is partitioned into separate drives GB GB and GB the remainder So in My Computer it shows drives I use the GB partition as my boot partition I never store anything of value on the C drive so it can stay small there are GB free I use the GB partition as my personal file drive On this I put music movies pictures misc stuff applications basically everything that I want to keep forever there are GB free On the GB partition I put full movies backups of ones that I own but I m starting to delete them as I just make hard copies on disks GB free On the GB I put raw game recordings Some of you might follow the game Halo or visit Halo Bungie Org so you might have seen the news about the Cutscene Library being updated with HD versions of the cutscenes from Halo and Halo well that was me All the recorded files from the cutscenes from those games go on this HDD recommendations? drive as well as another game s cutscenes I m recording Halo Wars These take up a LOT of space especially the Halo ones almost GB I have just GB free on this one On the B drive I keep the rendered files from those cutscenes after I cut and edit them out The rendered files are p videos so they re smaller than the full HD I recorded them at GB free And finally the TB drive is where I install my games download stuff to before I figure out where I want to put it make copies of my HD-DVD and BluRay movies since I don t have a BluRay burner just the internal drive and this is also where my recordings from my HD capture card go on this I have GB free of the available GB Ok so here is my dilema I have a W PSU but with HDD internal optical drives and one external and a GeForce GT Superclocked this beast needs quite a bit of power I m not sure I want to upgrade my PSU or if I ll need to but in addition to a recommendation I ll need some advice SHOULD I ugrade my PSU or will W be enough with what I have I COULD remove the GB drive where I keep the rendered cutscenes but I like to keep them all separate so I don t want to put the cutscenes on another drive They re easier to find this way Ok so now to the meat of the matter I need a recommendation for a new HDD I m thinking I want to stay away from anything bigger than a terrabyte I don t trust the technology enough yet to put all my potentially precious information in such a dense format so it ll have to be a TB I ve looked at Newegg but to be honest HDD s are not my speciality I know how they work but there are people that know them in and out better than I do Can anyone recommend a good harddrive that will serve well as a storage device and one that you might have had luck with yourself I ve looked at these Western Digital Caviar Black Western Digital Caviar Green Those are the highest rated TB drives on Newegg and the TB I already own is a WD Caviar Green so idk Anyways could I get some help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:HDD recommendations?

Are you kidding me? 18,000 active members and I can't even get 1 reply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-recommendations.122392/
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm looking for some recommendations on computer tool kits. I'm opening up my laptop and have found the tools I have to be entirely insufficient. Anyone know of any decent packages of computer specific screw drivers, etc?

A:Tool recommendations

hey treeski,
heres a range of completness and price range for you to check out....hope it helps

http://www.cablestogo.com/product_l...l kit_Standard|-|100000000000000136884#page=1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tool-recommendations.119474/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi all,
i just replaced my single core amd 3400+ with a duel core x2 4200+ and loving the creamy goodness of multi core computing, anyway does anyone have any recommendations for a monitoring software? I have speedfan,HWMonitor(by cpuid) and sandra. im getting quit the range of readings. secondly and probably a stupid question, but do the amd X2's run hotter than the athlon 64 single cores? when I replaced the single core i also changed from the stock HS and fan to a Zalman cnps 7000cu and its still a couple of degrees warmer. any input would be appreciated-

Thanks

A:Any recommendations for temp monitoring?

Read here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=98948
There are some issues with Temp reporting
I don't believe you could ever get it truly accurate, unless you attach a temp gauge to the underneath of the CPU Heatsink

Another read: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic13759.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-temp-monitoring.113316/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi

I am looking for a new CD/DVD rewriter internal drive. The problem I have is my PC is an emachine (yeah i know!!) and the design of the case means a new drive sits way to far back in the case. I was wondering if anyone knows of a replacement drive that has muliple mounting holes? I tried a friends drive that had two holes but it still sat about an inch back from the front of the case.

I understand I could get a new case but was hoping for a quick fix!

Many thanks for any help.

A:CD/DVD Drive recommendations.

Pioneer......

The 5 Pioneer drives I have all perform flawlessly! Peroid!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827129018

You must mount an aftermarket drive in the LOWER drive bay of an Emachine. The mounting holes are only different from normal in the top bay!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cd-dvd-drive-recommendations.104568/
Relevancy 32.68%

I have recently been interested in buying a pair of new earphones after owning a pair of V-moda earphones which cost around 30, in-ear and I thought they were amazing compared to my bog standard ipod earphones, and since they've now broken I've been in search of better earphones with a budget of 200 which I wouldn't want to go over.

I think the Shure SE310's are supposed to be rated well as well as Ultimate ears super fi 5 pro earphones, but any recommendations as to what I should buy?

A:Earphone Recommendations >£200

you should get skull candy earphones there pretty good

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/earphone-recommendations-%C2%A3200.103097/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello all I ve been looking for a new case and keep running into cases that are generally well-regarded but have at least a few reviewers that throw a serious complaint about how hard it is to work in the case recommendations builders? case ATX-mid from how shoddy the build ATX-mid case recommendations from builders? quality is etc ad nauseum Any thoughts for cases that people have used that they ve really liked to work in I m not one to care for an orange case or one that has led s on every corner I m more looking for a nice-looking solidly built quality case that is easy to get into ATX-mid case recommendations from builders? and work with where the metal doesn t have burrs etc Some thoughts on specs I like the idea of mm fans as opposed to mm and the big turbine intake fans Quiet case I may pad the inside of the case thoughts Think - HD s -ish Probably not SLI I may do it in the future though PS is not necessary I have one and when I get a new system that outstrips the PS that I have I ll get one that it doesn t A door for the quot drives would be nice esp for a black case One complaint that I have heard is that some reputable manufacturers have started getting sloppy with quality etc Who do I look for who do I look out for I know I m risking a religious war here Thanks witg nbsp

A:ATX-mid case recommendations from builders?

buy a case that's at least 3mm thick aluminum or w/e the metal might be, thicker material helps as a giant heatsink, it may only effect mobo temps 2-5 degrees but its something important if you're cramming all that stuff into a mid tower.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atx-mid-case-recommendations-from-builders.101362/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hey all I m looking for a bit of advice My current system is a couple of years old and I d like to upgrade the video card to something a little more modern Here s the important specs -ASUS A N-SLI Deluxe -AMD Athlon - 3500+ GT / GeForce Recommendations 64 Upgrade Athlon 6600 Socket - GB DDR Memory -NVIDIA GeForce GT MB It s a decent machine but is falling out of the loop for games I m on a fairly tight budget and looking for an upgrade that isn t going to require replacing the entire system I don t need Crysis running at FPS or anything but something a little more modern Upgrade Recommendations - Athlon 64 3500+ / GeForce 6600 GT would be good I d like to be able to run Flight Simulator X at more then FPS at x I m currently running Windows Server as my primary OS but will dual-boot into Windows Vista to take advantage of DX games I m considering upgrading the video card first The two options are an NVIDIA GT or the recently relased GT Both are around the same price point with similar performance The only problem is at this point with such a powerful graphics card at my disposal my CPU becomes the limiting factor As it s a Socket board with DDR- memory anything higher then an AMD X Socket dual-core would require a new motherboard AND memory and that s an expense I just can t justify at this point I might as well replace the entire system at that point So I guess my questions are is it worth upgrading only the video card - will I see an significant performance increase as this is a fairly speedy processor and meets all of my other requirements outside the gaming world and would I see a significant performance increase going from a Athlon to an Athlon X dual-core assuming I can even get my hands on one at this point Thanks Shawn nbsp

A:Upgrade Recommendations - Athlon 64 3500+ / GeForce 6600 GT

The graphics card is more important than the CPU, which'd only give a substantial performance increase in some CPU-dependant games but the increase will be most noticeable in application performance and multitasking. Most games are GPU-dependent so upgrade to a 9600GT now and then later to a newer CPU and motherboard. If you're willing to specify a budget, we might be able to provide you with a couple of suggestions for a good CPU, mobo and RAM kit. Lastly, make sure you have a powerful enough PSU to power your new card and\or components.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-recommendations-athlon-64-3500-geforce-6600-gt.99825/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello This is my second post here first was in the introduce Need for upgrades.. system and some help recommendations yourself forum I have put my system specs in my profile for viewing but I ll go over them again here Back in myself and a friend who is much more computer savvy than myself built a couple of systems for myself and for my wife At Need some help and recommendations for system upgrades.. the time we spent our time online gaming playing Battlefield with the desert combat mod The systems we built to play that game and have served us well They are identical except for my wife s case is red and mine is blue Internals are the same Now we have evolved to playing World of Warcraft All was well until I went to a friends house and played it on his brand new Dell machine Not sure on the specs of his system but it was quite a difference It has convinced me that it is time for an upgrade to our systems Question one- If I were to replace the Motherboard Processor Memory and Video card would I have to re-install the OS or can I just hook it back to the mobo and go from there I assume I would need to uninstall ALL the drivers for the old mobo if it is even possible Question two- What would you recommend to use in these two systems I will spec them both the same My friend who helped me select the components for the existing systems no longer lives nearby and is out of the computer stuff for now and doesn t have the time to help me out I am pretty sure I need to get the motherboards replaced I have had a hard time finding any Graphics cards that still use AGP seems all are PCIe now and with the motherboard comes the processor I have liked AMD but that was pretty much because it was cheaper when I did the initial build I would prefer to stay with AMD but not necessary As for memory can I use what I have or has technology progressed beyond the stuff I have already Video cards- Not a clue what to get here What will be sufficient to run WoW with all the graphics options maxed out and still get a good FPS Right now I am showing between - fps and it is really jerky and at times it is unplayable on busier nights as there will be so much motion on the screen at once and lurches in spurts On my friends Dell system it was smooth and fast maxed out all the time no matter where and what he was doing Not looking to go bottom budget on these systems but am wise enough to not pay a premium for the latest technology I am happy to be or steps behind the latest and greatest I just want to be able to use them for playing WoW and daily internet surfing e-mail I would like to recycle as much as possible My Power supplies are w Thermaltakes and have done well but if I need to upgrade to more power for the videocard then so be it Present specs are below Please tell me what I can reuse I know I can reuse the DVD drives Floppy Drive etc Power Supply w Thermaltake Purepower Motherboard Processor Asus Nforce A N X-E Deluxe AMD Athalon XP Barton Core FSB Memory Kingston DDR - mb sticks Hard drives- gb IDE gb IDE non Sata Video Card- Asus Radeon XT mb DDR Sound Card- Turtle Beach Montego DDL new--need to keep Thanks for all your help and recommendations Also if you know where I can get th upgrade compnents online please let me know and why I should get them there I prefer to buy online as only local stores here are BB and Circuit City and I hate going there for Comp parts Used to have a CompUSA but they just closed down a few weeks ago Thank you nbsp

A:Need some help and recommendations for system upgrades..

Great info! Thanks. I wasn't sure if AGP was really the way to go, since it came and went so quickly. If I can stretch out the longevity of my systems by using one of those cards and updated processors, then I'll give that a try.

WoW is the only game I play on PC. I have a 360 and PS3 for everything else. My wife loves to play WoW with me, so that is what we do. (Sometimes I think she likes it more than me...)

I did a search on the GeForce7 cards you mentioned.. Any specific one? I see some that are 512mb, 256mb and 128mb. Also any particular brand that is the best?? I have heard good things about BFG....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-help-and-recommendations-for-system-upgrades.99855/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have done extensive searching & found very limited info on this subject.

One of my PC's has an ASUS A7V8X-X mobo & all IDE channels are at full capacity. I'm considering getting a SATA PCI card so I can add a SATA drive to this board.

I would like to hear from anyone that is using a SATA card in a PCI slot in their mobo & if you had any problems. Info from anyone that has an A7V8X-X with this setup would be great!

A:SATA PCI card recommendations

I recently purchased a SATA contoller card based off an Initio chip from Ebay for $13.00 and it had conflicts with my old SIS 735 chipset based motherboard and has zero support from the chip manufacturer. Eventually I went with a Vantec UGT-ST200 SATA PCI host card from Tiger Direct for $20.00. It's built on a Silicon Image 3512A chip and has so far worked flawlessly. If you are so inclined you can update the cards BIOS with the most recent BIOS from Silicon Image. I saw both Basic and RAID BIOSs for the chip on the SiI site leaving me to believe that you can have an extra RAID array if you want to experiment with a different BIOS. The card allows you to hot swap a drive, and it can see all the space on a drive larger than 137GB. It can also be used as the controller for your computer's primary boot drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-pci-card-recommendations.99856/
Relevancy 32.25%

I've been recently looking for a pair of headphones that are well suited for gaming, mic or not although mic preferablely although it isn't a problem, but what would you recommend for a pair of headphones that are well suited for gaming for 100 or less?

I was looking at Sennheisers 280 Pro which were apparently good, at the moment I'm using a pair of Creative Fatality headphones for around 30, very comfortable and the sound quality is alright, was trying to get like a surround sound headphones? Not sure if they're extremely expensive or if that comes as standard or there's no such thing

Thanks anyways,
British_Command.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-headphone-recommendations-%C2%A3100.99277/
Relevancy 32.68%

I need an fan controller that supports both 3-pin and 4-pin fans but I have not yet been able to find one. Does anyone know of any fan controllers that you would recommend? In my case i currently have two 4-pin fans and four 3-pin fans. Thanks in advance for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-on-4-pin-fan-controllers.98385/
Relevancy 31.82%

Wasn t sure whether to put this here or in a Dell Vostro for recommendations 1500 Security the security forum but since it s not a problem per se I opted for here Purchased a new Vostro laptop for my son in the Marines Intel Core Duo T GHz Mhz M L Cache inch Wide Screen XGA LCD for Vostro GB DDR MHz DIMM MB NVIDIA GeForce M GS G RPM SATA Hard Dr XP Home Edition SP Integrated Network Cardand Modem for Inspiron Dell Wireless Wireless-N Mini-card The machine has no security software pre-loaded and I d like to send him some instructions for downloading security software before his Security recommendations for a Dell Vostro 1500 machine becomes a nightmare My first suggestion would be AVG Free AVG antispyware then perhaps AdAware SpywareBlaster and Spybot Does anyone else have suggestions for making this machine as impenetrable as possible He also has never had a laptop before nor have I so if there is anything we need to know pertinent to laptop security maintenance could you offer your advice Thank you all nbsp

A:Security recommendations for a Dell Vostro 1500

Install Glarysoft's free utilities, and download and install all Microsofts "critical updates". Download and install Microsoft's free 90-day trial of Live OneCare. It's $49.95 a year and can be installed on 3 PC's using one license...

You will also find that security recommendations vary greatly between us TechSpot "evangelists" and members. Rest assured that we do know our stuff

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/security-recommendations-for-a-dell-vostro-1500.97601/
Relevancy 34.4%

Hi guys. I didnt find a printers section on the forum so i hope someone could help me out here. See, i have this old stylus color II printer. It printed well since it was here about 8 years (man this thing is older, i guess 1995 but still rocks)...a few months ago i printed 2 book with it (thats its normal task, to print some books i often like) but i used refilled generic cartridges from a loooooong time ago since this cartridges are not manufactured any longer. So, it started printing blury at the end...and i kept that way. I've cleaned the head about 30 times and still prints missaligned dots and i cant get it to print clear as it was doing 200 pages before. I dont thing head is dead, i know its clogged but i cant manage to get it clean again. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance.

A:Epson Stylus Color II blurry printing

Try the print head realignment procedure?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-color-ii-blurry-printing.97494/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hello everyone Its been a few years since I ve done a good upgrading of my system My videocard has been with me the longest and is most overdue for replacement The reason I am looking into a system overhaul is for gaming Games like COD and TF run with fps in the teen s So clearly something needs to be done My current setup- Core Duo ghz first gen c d Not to be upgraded ASRock Dual-VSTA overhaul recommendations Need system a for Mobo this is a via chipset bought mainly for agp pciexpress and Need recommendations for a system overhaul ddr support This is where I have the most questions This mobo may serve my needs for the upgrade thought I m not sure Does the x limitation on the pci-express really hurt performance Also being limited to slow ddr mhz ram with a gb cap seems Need recommendations for a system overhaul like its another performance problem Does this matter gb ddr mhz memory Geforce gs mb I was using a Radeon pro mb until a few months ago thought buying my brothers gs was the answer but alas it wasn t enough for games like COD Antec watt psu Dell fpw running at x ----------------------- I am in college and have a tight budget I don t want bottom of the barrel hardware but I obviously cant afford the best What has held me off from just making a videocard upgrade is the simple fact that I know I need a new psu to power it watts and amp rail isn t going to cut it Also videocards have been too expensive for anything decent until recently when the gt came out I ve been unsure about the mobo for some time and need a recommendations on what chipset to go for and then which model Thanks nbsp

A:Need recommendations for a system overhaul

Hi
It might help to post a budget figure...

PCI-E 4x does limit the performance especially when it come to games...

As to the memory, 2gb will be more than enough to run any recent game and future... even the 1gb DDR400 you have now should be enough for a XP system (for now)...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-recommendations-for-a-system-overhaul.97085/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hello everyone I just ordered a Q processor from newegg but I have no idea as to what board I should get because I paid more attention to AMD than Intel these past years Currently I own new Motherboard on Recommendations a Foxconn C XEM AA SLI it has two sticks of Corsair DDR RAM http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E in it I would like Recommendations on new Motherboard to be able to transfer this RAM to my new motherboard yet be able to upgrade to something like DDR or something in the future especially when I buy Vista The requiremements and limitations I have are Recommendations on new Motherboard that the the price needs to stay at a max of rebates count too -I need a PCIe x slot fo rmy video card It needs to support DDR and have room so I can upgrade to DDR later or something higher -It needs to support LGA Sockets because the processor is a Q -Prefrrably something that stays cool -Something that wont make a huge racket such as Recommendations on new Motherboard the EVGA nforce -I have no preference if it s nvidia chipset or Intel -I will not buy Foxconn -Needs SATA I hope some experts could help me find a nice MOBO thanks nbsp

A:Recommendations on new Motherboard

well i'm not an expert, but this board looks pretty close to what you're looking for.

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3P Rev 2.0 LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Ultra Durable 2, Ultra Cooling Intel Motherboard

According to the manufacture site..it takes 800 and 1066 DDR2 Ram...on newegg it's going for $152..

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard , this one got less USB ports, but costs less...pretty much the same as the board above...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-on-new-motherboard.95123/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hey, for the holidays I am upgrading my PC, and I was just wondering what everyone here thinks would be the best possible upgrade for my setup. By the way, I plan to play games like Unreal Tournament 3 (max graphics) Crysis (High Graphics). I only really want to upgrade my CPU and graphics card. Also, keep in mind overclockability for the CPU, because I definitely plan to overclock it.
My setup
-Abit AN8 SLI socket 939 Motherboard
-Nvidia 7800 GTX
-2gb DDR 400 RAM
-amd 64 3500+ CPU
-X-fi Xtreme Music soundcard

Thanks!

A:Upgrade Recommendations

Get a X-fi extremegamer, and a 8800 Gt.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-recommendations.94108/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi guys

I would like to upgrade my graphic card, which currently is a ?NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT?. I would like to have two similar cards as I have a SLI motherboard.

I have around 350 USD for the purchase, and the cards are going to be used for gaming as well as working. I work as a constructing architect and is using Revit Architecture and ADT07 as my main working interface.
Concerning the gaming part, I usually only play ?Civilization 4 BTS? and ?Football manager 2008? but would like to be able to run Colin McRae, World in Conflict and Ghost Recon with no graphical lacking as well.

My PC spec?s are:

Motherboard ? ASUS A8N-SLI Socket 939
Graphic interface ? PCI-Express x16
Memory ? 1024 MB DDR Dual
CPU ? AMD Athlon 64 3200+
CPU Speed ? 2015.0 MHz
Power Supply Make/Model ? TAGAN TG530-U15
Watt output/Amperage ? 2 x 20A (33A)

Thanks in advance.

A:Recommendations for an upgrade

Sli is only worth doing if you have a high resloution monitor. If you are using a flat panel that only supports 1024x768 then its pointless for example.
If thats the case, then spending all your money on one card would gain much more benefit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-an-upgrade.91265/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi all I ve decided to build my own computer I not that that much of a gamer Computer! Building first Suggestions/Recommendations Wanted! but do play when I have the time I m Building first Computer! Suggestions/Recommendations Wanted! also an amatuer photographer Below is the parts that I have come up with if there is something better or if there are parts that are not compatible let me know I m looking for a total of about or less NZXT Apollo ORANGE NP Orange SECC Steel Chassis ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail ABIT IP LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Rosewill RP V -S-SL W SLI Ready-ATX V V Power Supply - Retail Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA Processor Model BX E - Retail or Intel Core Quad Q Kentsfield GHz x MB L Cache LGA Processor - Retail CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - PRO - Retail NEC Black MB quot Internal Floppy Drive - OEM Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEM ASUS X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Black SATA Model DRW- L T - Retail Arctic Silver Thermal Compound - OEM Thermaltake CL-P mm CPU Cooler - Retail Logitech - Black USB Wired Ergonomics Wave Keyboard - Retail I m planning on reusing my monitor and mouse What video card should I also use Please post any questions that might help you help me comments and recommendations Thanks guys and gals nbsp

A:Building first Computer! Suggestions/Recommendations Wanted!

OK that is one awesome build! People do say the the Rosewill PSUs are not very good so you could look for a differnt PSU. I have one myself and it works fine but you are building one mean machine so I would defently get a better one. I will let someone else help you with that. You really don't need the thermal compound or the CPU cooler as the CPU already comes with that. Unless you plan to overclock alot then you won't need it. But those quad cores may put out a lot of heat. I would definetly go with the quad core but the core 2 duo would be alright to. If your not gaming much I don't really see a point in spending that much money on the CPU. Do you really need the floppy drive? Nobody uses those things anymore. Unless you do that is fine but I would get rid of that. As for a video card if your building that much of a good computer I would go with the 8800GTX. That may a little to over the top but you can look at them anyway. Or there is the 8600GT or GTS. That memory will work good. I would look at a differnt case maybe. Something that has better cooling. I do believe that Antec and Thermaltake make good cases.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130286 -- GC

Well those are my suggestions.
Good luck with the build!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-computer-suggestions-recommendations-wanted.90541/
Relevancy 34.4%

I have an Epson stylus photo 750 that has started printing photos with very fine horizontal lines. I have performed all the options in the utilites section but to no avail. The only thing I can think of doing next is trying some dedicated cleaning cartridges. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be the cause, and more importantly, how to fix it?
I'ts been a brilliant printer up to now, and ink is silly cheap, so I'd be very sad to have to bin it...

A:Horizontal lines on Epson stylus photo 750

Have you tried installing new ink cartridges?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/horizontal-lines-on-epson-stylus-photo-750.89817/
Relevancy 32.25%

I New Need Any Intel Recommendations? MoBo I For Gaming... A Had A Motherboard It Was A P B Premium Vista Edition - Intel LGA Platform - Intel Core Quad Extreme Duo ready - Intel Pentium Extreme Pentium D support - Dual-channel DDR - ScreenDUO AI Remote AP Trigger - ASAP TPM Support - AI NOS AI Gear AI Nap - Phase Power Design I Need A New Intel MoBo For Gaming... Any Recommendations? - Heat-pipe Design amp Stack Cool - ASUS Crystal Sound Array Mic Noise Filter - All High-quality Conductive Polymer Capacitors When I had The Motherboard I Upgraded My Processor From a Pentium Mhz To a Intel Core Duo Quad Mhz Q So Im Bound To Intel By That I Need A New Intel MoBo For Gaming... Any Recommendations? End I Need A New Intel MoBo For Gaming... Any Recommendations? What Happended I had just finish installing Blazing Angels Squadron Of WW When i tryed to run it at max settings my pc turn off something was blazing alright it just wasn t the game My video card gets really hot when games are played at max setting so it got so hot that it overheated a chip near it on my MoBo it burned it NNNooooooooooooooooooo Damn It So i Need a new Motherboard Can Anyone Help By the way Everyone can also recommend other hardware nbsp

A:I Need A New Intel MoBo For Gaming... Any Recommendations?

Any budget??

So definately the Mobo is "toast"?
this is a good mobo http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813136038

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-new-intel-mobo-for-gaming-any-recommendations.88761/
Relevancy 32.25%

Okay I have decided to ask techspot a question about what Computer recommendations Monitor computer monitor to buy For the past years I ve owned a quot medion LCD monitor It s old but reliable recently with new games they resolution needs to be changed in game to support more monitor s max LCD resolution I use my monitor for everything including my XBOX What I am looking for is a monitor with a MAXIMUM price of USD Preferrable I would like an HD monitor Though I have heard that computer monitors have a better resolution than TVs Which means I d like a Computer Monitor recommendations monitor that will display HD so I can use it with my XBOX I d like to use my Xbox at Computer Monitor recommendations a i resolution at least But I do realize that computer monitors are better resolution that TVs I DO see Computer monitors on newegg Computer Monitor recommendations that are more expensive than normal monitors and say they are HDMI Could someone explains why these monitors are more expensive if computer monitors already display better resolution than an HDTV wouldn t p and i be low resolutions Can anyone recommend a monitor that I may use with my XBOX to achieve HD or better images If I need an additional cable if the monitor does not say HDMI can you link me to one In short I am looking for a monitor that will Play my XBOX games in HD resolution take full advantage of my GTS and is widescreen THANK YOU nbsp

A:Computer Monitor recommendations

OH! sorry for the double post, but I am hoping for the console to be able to display a 1080p or 1080i resolution, which I know the 360 can do. thats all

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-monitor-recommendations.87985/
Relevancy 32.25%

I need some good recommendations for a socket 775 mobo with integrated graphics for budget builds. I would like to keep the price at $60 or under. I have recently built a lot of systems using MSI and the Via chipset and they seem to be pretty reliable and stable but I am always looking at other manufacturers. My distributor recommended an Asus P5GC-MX as a good mobo, but I have heard that Asus has had its share of problems lately. I would like you guys to chime in on this thread as most of my customers are looking for basic features, price and reliability.

A:Socket 775 motherboard recommendations

I can tell you what NOT to use...

P5VD2-VM. Had 3 fail in a row.

Reminds me of the disastrous P4s800-MX.
Every build failed within 3 months {9 in total}

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/socket-775-motherboard-recommendations.87883/
Relevancy 33.11%

I need to upgrade my psu, and was wondering if anyone could recommend some good ones. I was thinking of this one. MSI TurboStream 460W BTX. What do you guys think? Dont want to skimp idont wanna fry anything but want to stay $100 and under. Intel 945p pentium d 2.8 1gb ram 7300le 500gb and 2 dvd drives. reason for psu is upgrade ordered 8800 gts 500gb (wd) 2gb dualchannel memory (Corsair). I got xps400 btx. I'm not sure how to figure out how much power i need. Any help will be appreciated.

A:Psu Recommendations

You might want to bump the power supply up to a 600 watt. Many people swear by Antec. I have been using Ultra for over 2 years now and have never had a problem with one. I upgraded in December and installed a 700 watt Ultra because I also installed an XFX 8800 GTX. The 8800 GTS doesn't call for as much power as the GTX flavor, so a 600 watt psu should give you plenty of juice with some headroom to spare.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-recommendations.85871/
Relevancy 32.68%

I am going to upgrade in a few months, and I was wondering what motherboard to look at. I am planning on getting an e6850 or q6600 processor, I have an 8600 GT (PCI-E), and would like to use at least PC2 6400 ram. My first question is whether or not my graphics card will bottleneck either of those cpu's. If so, would it be more worth it for me to get an SLI-capable board, and another 8600 GT, or buy a better card (about $250 budget). I would like to spend at most around $150 for the motherboard. I would like to overclock, but not extremely so.

A:Motherboard recommendations?

Avoid a new or recently released motherboard. Rely upon good reviews of boards, such as those found on www.tomshardware.com, www.anandtech.com and other such sites.
Too many motherboard manufacturers use their customer base as the final quality control of their recently released boards.
There are also monthly reviews of the latest video graphics cards to help you decide...
Do lots of reading. Avoid any component that has no published tests and reviews. Read the responses on forums such as Techspot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-recommendations.83810/
Relevancy 32.25%

I m going to be building a couple computers in the near future and of course they are case Recommendations cheap for a going to need a case I ve been looking on newegg and they have about billion cases and its hard to wade through all the crap Basically I m looking for a case that is going to be less than I don t really care if it is flimsy since once these things get to their respective homes they won t be moved anymore The computers are going to have no more than optical drives and hard drives so having drive bays isn t a requirement One computer will be going to an older couple so I imagine they don t need a window with UV reactive components inside the other computer is going to a couple in their late s so a window wouldn t be bad but certainly isn t a requirement I ll be getting some mid range PSUs for them on my own so again I won t need a case with a PSU most of them are crap anyway But if a case is under say and comes with a decent Recommendations for a cheap case PSU I would consider that Right now about the only one that is standing out is the Centuron from Cooler Master Barring any other suggestions I may get that for the younger couple but I was hoping for something cheaper for the other So any of you guys using a decent cheap case that you could recommend nbsp

A:Recommendations for a cheap case

I envy you, getting to build some new computers! Here are a couple cases that have always caught my eye.

Flashy
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156018
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811144026

Plain
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147056
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133007

That Centurion 5 you found looks really nice as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-a-cheap-case.78932/
Relevancy 32.25%

hey hey!
my computer has been infected with a virus
its too late to turn back and fix it. so im going to reboot it
now i need to back up say 60gb
any recommendations or warnings?
thanks, just need to know so i dont blast out my money on a piece of s**t like i usually end up doing rofl

A:getting a new 2nd harddrive for temporary storage, any recommendations?

Superstition.....

First, "reboot", technically is just turning on the power. So, I'm fairly certain that you meant "reformat" and then reinstall the OS.

Second, I don't understand why you would want a 2nd drive for "temporary" storage. I like to put my files on the second drive, and just use the 1st drive for the OS (as much as possible).

Third, do we know if the files you're going to transfer have been infected also? So they need to be scanned with completely up to date anti-virus program before you put them anywhere. After all the virus came from somewhere, didn't it?

4: Here's the superstition: I generally just buy a duplicate of the drive I already have, since I figure that 2 of the same drives are the most likely to play nicely together.

This post should probably be in "Storage and Networking", not other hardware. But moreover, you should seek help with your virus problem from the "Security and the Web" forum before you do anything else.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-a-new-2nd-harddrive-for-temporary-storage-any-recommendations.75773/
Relevancy 32.68%

I'm looking for suggestions on my upgrade. Basically for now, I want to keep my mb, which is an ASUS A7V8X-X. The two things I'm mostly looking at upgrading are my video card, which is currently a Radeon 9200SE, and my Processor, which, according to Everest, has these specs:
CPU Type: AMD Athlon XP-A, 1822 MHz (11 x 166). I haven't opened my case for a long time, but I was thinking its a 2500+Barton.

So, anyway, it's because of financial reasons that I only want to upgrade these two components--that and I think my graphics card is going out. I don't need much of an upgrade from the 9200SE--what it does works fine for me, so I can go fairly cheap. For the cpu, I'd like to know what the fastest processor made for this mb is.

Any suggestions?

A:Upgrading recommendations

Hi there.

For your CPU upgrade try looking for the best processor from this list:
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-ASUS/A7V8X-X.html

These are processors that your MB can take.
I think the fastest listed there is the 3000+Barton, Model 10, 333 MHz FSB.
However there some people around that seem to be running the 3200+ barton @ 400 MHz FSB on that mobo too so I'm not completely sure on that one sorry.

As for your gfx card... Look into the BFG Nvidia GeForce 6600 GT OC, it seems to be pretty decent.

Hope this helps. =)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-recommendations.75631/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi

Can anyone recommend me some wireless routers for around the 50 mark? It would need to be for ADSL and have a usb wireless reciever for the PC as mine does not have a wireless adapter.

Thanks a lot

Neil.

A:Wireless router recommendations

Hi Neil

Your best bet is to search Ebay like this Item here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-router-recommendations.74831/
Relevancy 34.83%

Hi,

I have an epson stylus 740 set up on my old pc which i just installed windows xo pro onto, the printer prints ok, but not what i want.
If i was to print anything eg. a small picture, the printer prints infinate pages with gibberish code on the top of each one, and no picture.

Any help would be great. Im stumped.

A:Epson stylus printing GIBBERISH !!!

You didn't mention what you did regarding printer drivers. If you haven't already go to the Epson site, download and install the latest driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/epson-stylus-printing-gibberish.67420/
Relevancy 32.68%

Anyone has any recommendations on what would best laptop be in the 1100-1400$ price range?

Should i go for macbook?

And any place where i could get one that works on 220Volts electricity?

A:Laptop recommendations

Depends on what you want to use the laptop for? Gaming, word processing, etc...? Can we assume that since you are asking if it can run on 220 volts that you live somewhere in Europe?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-recommendations.69365/
Relevancy 32.25%

I m running a Windows XP p p network and am using an old PII Mhz computer with about MB of older SDRAM and a gig PATA RPM drive as a pseudo-file-server I say pseudo because it s still a peer but I don t use it other than as extra storage for the other computer Anyways I m using it to store large binary files which I access often MP s movies and such Now my network is only Mbps Ethernet which is probably the bottleneck But even pulling smaller files around KB are taking at least seconds to recommendations hw File please & Server sw load up I m upgrading my one system and I ll have a P Ghz with a GB SATA drive File Server hw & sw recommendations please and GIG of DDR RAM to use for a new file server Do you think this will remedy the problem of a second delay Or am I just crapping up a wall because I ll still have the bottle neck of the Mbps Ethernet Also I ve ordered SUSE Linux to use for one of my computers I ll be breaking my Linux cherry with this install Should I use it for the server or for the main computer that I work off of I really do want to learn as much about Linux as possible with this OS I also have a version of FreeBSD which I was thinking about using for the server but I have no idea if it would even be compatible with the hardware I m going to have My other choices that I have are using Windows NT which I know for sure would not support the File Server hw & sw recommendations please hardware without some major driver digging and chopping up the harddrive into small partitions which would defeat the purpose of it s size Windows XP Professional or Windows Server evaluation copy which would only run for about half a year I was thinking of trying to get a copy of Windows Server and change my p p into a client server network What do you all think would be the best idea at this point Thanks for anyone and everyone s help nbsp

A:File Server hw & sw recommendations please

For me, a file copy from a P2-233 128MB RAM is limited only by the network speed (10Mbit ethernet (I'm not in a hurry )). A 30K file gets here (over wireless) pretty much instantaneously. My server is not Windows though.

So your problem with Windows either on the server or the client most likely.
How exactly are you accessing the files on the server? Do you have a network drive mapped?

Reinstalling Windows from scratch on a more powerful machine may fix your problems of course

SuSE will not install on the 500MHz - too little RAM for the installer. BSD should run just fine.

http://www.us-webmasters.com/FreeBSD/Install/Samba/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-server-hw-sw-recommendations-please.66335/
Relevancy 32.25%

I have a BFG 7950GT which runs quiet normally, except when I go into a game, the fan suddenly gets extremely loud. It didn't bother me at first but the more I have to listen to it, the more I want to get an aftermarket cooler. Does anyone have any recommendations? I want something that operates quietly, but preferably not passive.

And it has to be from www.tigerdirect.ca, or www.ncix.com since I'm in Canada and have no access to newegg.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommendations-for-gpu-cooler-for-7950gt.66327/
Relevancy 32.25%

Hi All, I have a P4 2.8 ghz chip,512kb L2 cache with the 533fsb, northwoods. I have had this sitting around and would like to know of a good mobo to use with it. There may be some compatibility issues with the newer boards. Date on the box is 9/30/04. PC will be for general use with priority on gaming.Would like one of the best so if anyone has one or has had any experience with this processor I'd be greatfull for some suggestions before I spend my Christmas cash.Thanks ahead and HAPPY HOLIDAYS! ski

A:Older P4 mobo recommendations

First, what socket is the P4, 478? I have no clue, so please tell us that first and we will help ya.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/older-p4-mobo-recommendations.65606/
Relevancy 33.11%

Okay....I have had 2 different iPaq's over the last 3 years. Had many problems, touch screen stops working, unit formats itself, batteries dont last etc.etc. I am in need of another PDA. I really do not want to sink anymore money into HP or Compaq PDA's. And against my better judgement of buying Dell products. I cant but help look at the Dell x51v. Does anyone here use any of the Dell PDA's or presently have the x51v? Dell doesnt make this unit themselves do they...if so who does.

If so can you tell me what you think of it? Likes dis-likes etc. Or can someone recommend something else.

EDIT: Nobody here using a PDA?

A:PDA recommendations?

Hello

Anybody???????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pda-recommendations.64177/