Windows Support Forum

Does Lumia 640 bought from US microsoft.com online bears warranty in India ?

Q: Does Lumia 640 bought from US microsoft.com online bears warranty in India ?

Do my Lumia 640 bought from US microsoft.com online bears international warranty in India, where I have brought and am using the phone now. It is genuinely unlocked by AT&T.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Does Lumia 640 bought from US microsoft.com online bears warranty in India ?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Does Lumia 640 bought from US microsoft.com online bears warranty in India ?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Do my Lumia 640 bought from US microsoft.com online bears international warranty in India, where I have brought and am using the phone now. It is genuinely unlocked by AT&T. best way to find out is to check with local nokia care centres or checking the manual and documentation that came with the phone
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441079-does-lumia-640-bought-us-microsoft-com-online-bears-warranty-india.html
Relevancy 24.51%

AMD's upcoming Radeon 300 series graphics cards may end up being rebadged 200 series cards with minor tweaks but it's not all bad news for gamers. WCCFtech has it on good authority (they're confident enough to drop the "rumor" tag...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon 300 series graphics card pricing leaks online

Rebrands or no, that extra memory will put some pressure on NVIDIA's lower end cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-300-series-graphics-card-pricing-leaks-online.213820/
Relevancy 20.21%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 20.21%

Much of the lure surrounding Microsoft's long-rumored Surface Mini was the notion that it'd come in at a lower price point compared to its full-sized brother. That project was ultimately scrapped and instead, we got the Surface Pro 3 -...

Read more

A:Microsoft's new Atom-powered Surface 3 starts at $499

This was sounding so promising then I got to 2GB RAM....

Have a look at your PC now - if you are running next to nothing over standard windows services, then you are probably somewhere around 1.2GB. Add an email client, some virus software a few Chrome Tabs and you will already be swapping away to page file as the OS starts to worry about memory and things will start to grind. How much would 2 more MB cost? Shame as otherwise it sounds quite a capable little machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsofts-new-atom-powered-surface-3-starts-at-499.210900/
Relevancy 33.11%

Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use.
Here are my specs:

Operating System
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i7 4770K @ 3.50GHz 25 C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65 GAMING (MS-7845) (SOCKET 0) 30 C
Graphics
L204WT ([email protected])
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (MSI)
Storage
465GB Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB (SSD) 28 C
119GB SanDisk SDSSDHP128G (SSD) 28 C
1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 (SATA) 28 C
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA) 30 C
Optical Drives
CZYJMF MJW5MF4 SCSI CdRom Device
PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-221L
Audio
Sound Blaster Z

I had an EVGA 780TI working great. My 980 arrived so I swapped. All I got was a black screen. After taking the card out and putting it back in a few times nothing changed. Giving up I put my 780ti back in and now that just gives me a black screen too.

Any ideas?
Thanks

Edit: My mobo gives the code A0 which is normal so I don't think it detected anything was wrong.

A:Just bought a 980, now all I get is a black screen no matter what GPU I use

If your not getting an error code its probably booting up normally. It maybe defaulting to the integrated card for some reason so I would try plugging onto the on board video when booting to see what happens.

If that is the case you will just have to go into the bios and change your default video card to the PCIE.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-980-now-all-i-get-is-a-black-screen-no-matter-what-gpu-i-use.205925/
Relevancy 24.51%

Advise please online store with comfortable (logical works and gives tips) and beautiful (imageable already assembled system unit) assistant (step by step wizzard) on the compilation of components for the PC. Interested logic operation, the system prompts and visualization method. Thanks in advance.

A:Advise please online store with comfortable and beautiful wizzard to assemble components

I don't know of a PC part picker wizard, unless you count Dell/Apple custom builds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advise-please-online-store-with-comfortable-and-beautiful-wizzard-to-assemble-components.199639/
Relevancy 24.94%

So, Youtube and other sites work, but with certain embedded video players, clicking the fullscreen button does nothing. The video just remains windowed. This has been a problem for awhile now, and I have been unable to find a solution anywhere, as nobody seems to share my issue. I run Firefox, and have an HP Pavilion laptop. I will upload a screenshot of one of the players that does not work.
Also, I tried disabling hardware acceleration and had no luck.

RE
It is not the website lacking the required code for fullscreen, because this happens on any website running one of these players, and they used to work fine for me.

A:Fullscreen button not working with online videos

Other than the video being stretched on my 16:10 display, I had no issues w/ the playback on IE10 & FF26. Have you tried updating Flash plugin, if not the latest, to see if that fixes your problem? Do you have the same problem w/ IE?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fullscreen-button-not-working-with-online-videos.199491/
Relevancy 52.03%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 24.94%

I use google drive as my primary online backup, can anyone suggest a second good online backup service which is both
SECURE and FREE?

that way if google loses my data it's still on a second server and my harddrive.
thanks

A:Any recommendations for secure online backup service?

None are secure and free. You can pay, but then your 'security' is still not 100% guarantee'd.

But, be assured, Dropbox/Google/Microsoft aren't going to lose your data ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-recommendations-for-secure-online-backup-service.198239/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a champion ups it has suddenly stopped working. The ups turns on but I am unable to turn on my pc but when I turn the outlet switch off I am able turn on the PC in backup mode. I was able to boot and shut down the PC. The ups works in backup mode but somehow refuses to supply power when in online mode. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ups-works-in-backup-mode-but-not-in-online-mode.197973/
Relevancy 20.64%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 25.37%

I recently just put a new gpu and motherboard evereything was working fine but I had a few issues. I took it to the shop and they fixed it. when I tried to run any online games my fps would be horrible but offline it would be fantastic. I am using the same connection/router I used before, before I was having no issues but since I got it back online games are unplayable my gpu is a gtx 780 and my cpu is a i7 2600k.

A:Low FPS in online games but my connection is fine

You may not have the latest LAN drivers for your motherboard. Go to the manufacturer's website and update them, and see if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-fps-in-online-games-but-my-connection-is-fine.196863/
Relevancy 25.8%

I have a decently built gaming tower with a outta windows experience score that plays offline games great but on my online games other offline FPS fps online 60 Games, Low with than SW TOR and GW my FPS s drop to around ten or less here are my specs Component Details Subscore Base score Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor Determined by lowest subscore Memory RAM GB Graphics ATI Radeon HD Series Gaming graphics MB Total available graphics memory Primary hard disk GB Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline Free GB Total Windows Home Premium System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Model GA- FXA-UD Total amount of system memory GB RAM System type -bit operating system Number of processor cores Storage Total size of hard disk s GB Disk partition C GB Free GB Total Disk partition D GB Free GB Total Media drive E CD DVD Graphics Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD Series Total available graphics memory Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline MB Dedicated graphics memory MB Dedicated system memory MB Shared system memory MB Display adapter driver version Primary monitor Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline resolution x DirectX version DirectX Network Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Network Adapter Realtek RTL n Wireless LAN Mini- PCI NIC Network Adapter Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Any idea on how to improve it nbsp

A:Low FPS with online Games, 60 fps offline

It sounds to me like you've got yourself some good old lag

The way to improve it would be to upgrade your internet connection to a faster plan, and possibly acquire a new modem/router if the one you have is not up to the task.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-fps-with-online-games-60-fps-offline.194510/
Relevancy 25.8%

I don t see a good spot to put this in the forums so this is where I am starting Issue Brand new Alienware Aurora-R Can t update or run Steam can t connect to play wizard can t connect to login server for DC Universe Online It isn t the firewall Norton My laptop did and still does work properly all around This desktop is connected via ethernet which could have something to do with it since it isn t wireless I am utterly stumped I ran many scans and found no answers Dell support Can't play any online games is via phones only and everyone knows how awesome their english is Ill Can't play any online games use them if I must Here is a dxdiag report ------------------ Can't play any online games System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name DESKTOP-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Alienware System Model Aurora-R BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS A DE amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Dell U HM Digital Monitor Model DELL U HM Monitor Id DELD Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- C - CF- C - CC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x A DE Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev amp subsys a de Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Fr... Read more

A:Can't play any online games

Someone on another site mentioned this:
"
Are either of you using NVidia onboard lan connections?

If so, have you disabled the now infamous checksum offloading?"

No idea how to checkf or this but that might help? I don't know.

One more thing:

It has these alienware programs too which might be doing something:

AlienAutopsy
Alien Command Center
AlienAdrenaline
AlienFusion
AlienFX Controller

Update:

I installed the game Rift and it plays as it should. I don't know why this is different than the previously stated programs, but apparently it is. Those programs still can't connect.

Also, I ran safe mode with networking and they couldn't connect in that either. At least, steam and wizard101 couldn't. DC Universe Online couldn't run withought the graphics card.

Anyone have any idea at all? I'm soooo bummed right now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-play-any-online-games.189671/
Relevancy 20.64%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-access-database-issues.194266/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 33.11%

I've just bought a new WD My passport 2TB 3.0 external hard drive and for nor love or money I can't get it to work.....

As I plugged in the device my computer pick ups " new hardware device added" with the ping sound. Yet when trying to install the drivers It stays stuck on the " Instal wizard will guide you" dialogue box.... it then prevents me to connect to the internet and the the only way I can remove the " Install wizard...." dialogue box is to shut down tha comp by maually holding down the power key.

Anyone help me out on this,,,I'm going to return it if I can't get it sorted.... really not happy with the brand western digital so far.

Also the drive is not visable in "My Computer"

A:Just bought WD My Passport 2TB and can't get it to work

What version of Windows do you have installed? External USB hard drives usually don't need any additional drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-wd-my-passport-2tb-and-cant-get-it-to-work.191378/
Relevancy 28.81%

Recently bought a new headset, Gioteck Ex-05 to be exact. Everything looks fine considering the product and all, but when I FIRST plugged it in it automatically did it's routine with installing the headset driver. Afterwards, my speaker icon in my tray got an X.

Solutions that I've tried but ended up failing:

Reinstalling Headset Driver
Restarting my computer
Reinstalling my Realtek Codec
Reinstalling my NVIDIA High Definition Audio Codec
System Restoring my computer
It's literally just the headset when I plug it in, my earphones work perfect. I have yet to use another headset, this is my first one for this computer.

A:Bought a new headset, plugged it in, no speakers or headphones plugged in?

What OS is it? Have you tried going into the control panel>sound & make sure MUTE is not checked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bought-a-new-headset-plugged-it-in-no-speakers-or-headphones-plugged-in.191556/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello I have a three games a are all All of sudden lagging online year old ASUS gaming laptop with Windows GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX M video card I noticed a problem when I could no longer All online games are lagging all of a sudden play Mass Effect multiplayer online without considerable lag The last time this happened I was having CPU spikes but that was fixed This time none of that is happening when All online games are lagging all of a sudden I am having lag I tried lowering the graphics settings and updating my graphics card and doing windows updates with only very minor improvement When I have tried playing games such as Left for Dead Orcs Must Die and Diablo online through Steam and Origin I keep losing connection and getting booted out of games It happened last night and I couldn t make it through a game without getting kicked off My internet connection itself is fine and I haven t experienced any lag when just surfing the web I haven t tried youtube yet though I don t understand why it s doing this all of a sudden The only thing that I have downloaded in the past couple of weeks was Quicktime and Java because I am in grad school and one of my professors keeps posting lectures via Quicktime I really would like to be able to fix this with your help and not have to take it in if possible I m a poor college student and I just want to play Mass Effect with my boyfriend nbsp

A:All online games are lagging all of a sudden

Hi there RayRay,

It might help to download the latest wireless drivers for your laptop. I'm sure if you go to the ASUS website for your specific laptop, there will be a download section where you can download drivers. Look if you can find one for your Ethernet (LAN) port if you are connecting via cable to the internet, or one for your wireless one. Let me know if this is any help.

From a fellow poor university student

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-online-games-are-lagging-all-of-a-sudden.190165/
Relevancy 25.37%

I am trying to play Rise of Nations online. I can play a solo game without a problem, but am unable to connect to online games. I think the problem may be that my external IP address can't be pinged (externally). I have a Linksys WRT160 router, Comcast is my internet provider, and I have set up Port Range Forwarding on the Gaming tab of the router, but so far, that hasn't worked. Any ideas?

A:Can't connect online Rise of Nations

What about your firewall you use on your PC? Have you open the ports for what you need to use?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-online-rise-of-nations.189132/
Relevancy 24.94%

My computer wiz of a brother moved across country! Im not a computer wiz but can follow instructions well! IF anyone would like to guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it! thank you!

He can get wireless signal, and at times access the internet for a few minutes, then he is booted again! My brother suggested we install Chrome for him, did so last night! Now I receive messages server cant be found, bc the DNS lookup failed!

A:Trouble getting father's computer online wirelessly! DNS look up failed!

It's not a browser issue - - it's the TCP settings

get a command prompt (btw which version of windows?)

enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

on your follow-up, attach the file myTCP.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-getting-fathers-computer-online-wirelessly-dns-look-up-failed.189000/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hiya all Recently I noticed my FPS in online gaming dropped to FPS I had to close game in online 4 FPS the game client and re-open it again for it to go away After that I 4 FPS in online game had only FPS My laptop is getting very slow and sometimes the system hangs too most often when I use multiple programs The hardware is not damaged I know this for a fact because it never fell nor bumped I remember when I first bought this laptop year ago I had no speed problems and the MMORPG I mentioned above also ran smoothly with maximal graphic settings Now I get around - FPS with lowest graphic settings Things I already did Full CHKDSK Defragmentation Full on-boot virus scan with Avast Full clean with CCleaner temp files and registery Removed all unnecessary rarely used programs I have a dxdiag results report ready in case you guys need it General system specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System Model SATELLITE C D- G BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAMClick to expand Thanks in advance nbsp

A:4 FPS in online game

You could be running out of memory, depending on what you have going on.

What resolution are you playing at on this laptop? Also how high are your graphical settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-fps-in-online-game.187700/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello Everyone,
Okay I'm on Facebook and well I like to play Farmville,CityVille however when I play these games it sticks and lags when I move around...I know it's not my Broadband as I'm getting 7.5mb
What factors would it come down to?
My CPU is stuck at 100% when I play these online games?
Any ideas please. Thank you!

MY COMPUTER SPECS:

ME PLAYING FARMVILLE AND MY CPU IS AT 100%!

A:Poor performance in online games

Upgrade ur processor dude go for the higher version of the processor the amd semptron is for normal browsing the browser needs good processor to run

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/poor-performance-in-online-games.186152/
Relevancy 20.64%

Why doesn't my microsoft lifecam work with windows 7? Is there a simple way to fix this problem?

A:Windows 7/Microsoft Lifecam

We would need the model number to tell you a reason to why it is not working, and if there is a fix.. If there is no supported driver for windows7, you may need to attempt to use a Windows Vista driver and run it in compatibility mode.

If these options are not possible, you may have to purchase a new one.

Please reply back with the model of the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-microsoft-lifecam.185668/
Relevancy 32.68%

Before I get to the poll a little history is in order I got my first droid retiring my GS moved to iOS from WinMO few years ago But I think it is the most 920 or ATIV Lumia S regrettable of decisions I made Because despite the fact that I always went for the higher end droid at least of its time e g Desire SGS SGSII Sensation SGSIII to name few I never found a stable solidly performing android phone They all suffered from random crashes reboots sluggishness hang ups and I only install apps - I need nothing more They all have various annoying quirks as well e g SGS ATIV S or Lumia 920 III doesn t want to find any WiFi network at times folders on home screen will randomly open at ATIV S or Lumia 920 their own my older Sensation s screen would stop responding quot in some places quot etc IMHO almost all droids I owned had great hardware but a crappy OS Few months ago I got my hands on Lumia and used it along side my Sensation SGS III for months and my views about WP totally changed It easily outperforms all those multi-core droids with its dated single core SoC being absolutely rock solid and very easy to use UI unlike androids copycat of iOS It is time again to jump ship only thing to decide is should I get ATIV S or Lumia though I m tilting toward the later due to better support upgrade cycle of Nokia compared to Samsung However SuperAMOLED display of ATIV S will be more battery friendly and it also have expansion slot ATIV S comparison Lumia specs Specs of HTC X amp Accord rumored Lumia along side Samsung ATIV S So what you guys would pick nbsp

A:ATIV S or Lumia 920

I'm firmly set on the Lumia 920 right now. I've always had a thing for Nokia handsets, and until Android hit the scene I only ever owned them. Plus, I don't think I'll miss the lack of storage expansion (my SGS3 has 16GB now and I'm only using 1GB of it!), and I think Nokia will be quicker and more supportive with its own apps than Samsung will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ativ-s-or-lumia-920.185141/
Relevancy 25.37%

Audio playback on all online videos has random buzzing stuttering interrupts that last - seconds This happens only on this Toshiba Laptop It is not happening on any of the other PCs in this office I have tried to upload a sample demo of when viewing online Audio bad videos the problem but I was not allowed to do so through this forum s upload button I have it available if someone can explain the process for posting this mp file Also I took the laptop home and it has the same problem there as Audio bad when viewing online videos well In both office and home the internet is a wireless connection with plenty of bandwidth at both offices There is no problem playing videos or audio from this machine whether from the HD or from the office network Just from internet alone added late I forgot to mention that the video portion also stutters at the same time as the audio messes up And if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio My machine info Model Name Satellite P D S Part Number PSPHJU- J Serial Number OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium BIOS Version V CPU AMD Turion tm II Dual-Core Mobile M Physical Memory MB RAM Hard Disk Capacity Byte GB Hard Disk Free Space Capacity Byte GB Video AMD M G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD version Screen Resolution x Pixels Color Quality True Color Bit Sound Conexant Pebble High Definition SmartAudio version Network Realtek RTL SE Wireless LAN n PCI-E NIC version MAC Address A A F EC Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller NDIS version MAC Address E B Modem None Internet Explorer IDE Device TOSHIBA MK GSX ATA Device HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GT F ATA Device FW version ET nbsp

A:Audio bad when viewing online videos

Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed. Does this occur on all browsers? Do you have any plug-ins running or audio codec's installed? You could even go as far as checking to make sure your video drivers are all up to date.

if the mouse is being moved while it is stuttering, it will freeze with the same frequency as the audio!Click to expand...

When this happens. Does the computer it self freeze or just the video?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/audio-bad-when-viewing-online-videos.181456/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a mixture of domain and workgroup computers on the network and wan to have them all visible in Microsfot Windows Network My Network Place Group - Machine amp Machine are on workgroupA with its not Computer Microsoft in visible Windows Network own subnet and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are on the domain and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are also on the domain however on a different subnet and it too can see each other fine If I am on Machine it only sees Machine When I am on Machine it can not see Machine or however it can see Machine The same goes for Machine can t see any other machine except Machine even though its on the domain I have a WINS server in place in Group and it WINS see all the machines as Active Registrations But when I go into My Network Places on the WINS server it only sees machines in Group which are Machine amp Machine DNS entries are setup correctly with correct hostname and IP so I m lost as to what is happening here Sorry of this sounds confusing nbsp

A:Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

My understanding is that

a given system(A) may be attached to a domain OR
unattached and accessed in a workgroup; mutually exclusive.
That says your request is not possible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-visible-in-microsoft-windows-network.181851/
Relevancy 25.8%

Does anyone have an opinion on a free, good, and easy to use web site for storage and back up of all my home PC files online?

A:Online data storage?

http://mozy.com/
or
http://www.carbonite.com/en/

Carbonite is better in my opinion, especially for small business backup. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/online-data-storage.179378/
Relevancy 26.23%

I ve got a client s computer that won t get online Things I ve tried Several Different browsers IE Chrome Firefox Also tried to update Malwarebytes Checked LAN settings It s set to automatically detect TCP IP settings are set to obtain IP address automatically and obtain DNS server automatically I tested it at the clients site and at my router as well which I know is working so I know it s not the router modem I scanned and removed any malware with updated Spybot Tried running in safe mode with networking still didn t work Pinging www google com Can't get online gets a request time out Pinging one of google s ip addresses also gets a request time out Pinging loopback is successful sent received Ipconfig release ipconfig renew sfc scannow didn t find anything In services DHCP client and DNS client services are running Everything in Device manager looks clear even when I choose quot show hidden devices quot One thing I noticed in the Local Area Connection Status is that packets are being sent and received Right now it says about bytes sent and bytes received quot Diagnose connection problems quot in IE gets me quot Windows cannot find the Can't get online host name quot www google com quot using DNS quot quot Diagnose quot in local area connection status gets me quot Cannot Can't get online communicate with DNS server quot Any ideas nbsp

A:Can't get online

it could be your modem is bad i have had this problem before try get a new one form ur internet provider

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-online.178663/
Relevancy 32.68%

I sent my laptop in to be serviced under warranty because the keyboard would not work. was denied service because of water damage but now my screen doesn't work, can someone help

A:My screen won't turn on after service was denied on warranty due to water damage

Water can destroy a laptop or any other electronic device. Chances are that the water sat underneath the keyboard and flowed onto the motherboard where it dried causing corrosion and damaging the motherboard permanently. You could take the laptop to a repair shop and they could give you a repair estimate. Of course, you will have to pay for this repair. If a liquid is spilled on a laptop in the future, immediately open it and turn it upside down. This allows the liquid not to hit and pool on the motherboard, or in a keyboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-screen-wont-turn-on-after-service-was-denied-on-warranty-due-to-water-damage.178774/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've been playing games for more than 12 years with KB+Mouse and have never used a controller before. Games are becoming more and more controller optimized and I have an Eyefinity setup that would give a better experience with a gamepad, so I decided to get one

I've narrowed my options to Razer Onza TE BF3 Edition (Wired):

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.235034100/categoryId.54297600

And Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows :

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo...d-20&ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322381006&sr=8-3

They both seem pretty good, but have heard very mixed views on razer products...

Which one is better ?

A:Razer Onza or Microsoft controller for Windows?

Do you already own a wireless 360 controller? You can use a 360 controller on your PC if you add one of these. I use it and it works fine.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...FCT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331256805&sr=8-1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-onza-or-microsoft-controller-for-windows.178459/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey, I've been struggling trying to find out what I should use to increase my WiFi connection so I can play games like TF2 and Garry's Mod. I know, WiFi is terrible for online gaming, but I don't have too much other choices. I can't move my router and I'm using a desktop, not a laptop, so I cannot simply move my computer (I also can't move it due to the lack of space in my house).

Anyways, I was wondering whether I should get a wireless repeater or a wireless adapter. I've somewhat singled it down to two different products (one a repeater and one an adapter) and just wanted to know if they were any good or if someone could suggest one for me.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...17145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B004NBL9WK

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Amped+W...pter/4360379.p?id=1218475609100&skuId=4360379

A:Online gaming via Wi-Fi

Why don't you try powerline adapters? Their bandwidth throughput is about the same as Wireless G, but they're definitely better with regards to your ping because you get far fewer dropped packets which means lag would be drastically reduced. Check out these. And click here to learn more about the technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/online-gaming-via-wi-fi.178264/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hi all mrs got a toshiba satelite and on wireless and even through ethernet we keep getting message when trying to connect to the internet saying re dialling or re connecting what could be the cause of this . is it something like wireless card faulty or network connections all gone wrong i dont want to fiddle with it till i get some advice please thanks all

A:Toshiba Satellite keeps saying reconnecting/dialling when I try to go online

Could be anything... model, age, setup, operating system... need for a re-installed or upgraded driver, hard drive failing, defective component... defective wireless modem... wireless device that is too close to a wall or other interference...
First, you might try downloading and re-installing the drivers... then try installing another hard drive, if you have one handy... That will be one way to test your current installation...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-keeps-saying-reconnecting-dialling-when-i-try-to-go-online.177128/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok, I am about to setup a server used for file syncing and an online db (like SQLite or something?) anyway, I also wanna have Fedora running on it..

I guess I can just get any server and install what I want + make it do what I want it to do, but what server(s) and/or system specs should I be specifically looking at for doing those things better than other servers?

A:File sync + online DB buying advice

Depends. Do you actually need a server?

Are we talking about a dedicated server in a datacenter, or are you building a server at home/work and using it connected to the internet there?

You need to tell us what you want to do with the server. If its a dedicated server, what do you plan to do with it? Monthly bandwidth, unique visitor numbers, number of sites, etc.

For homeserver, again, what is your intended usage. Your current post is far too vague to give any realistic answer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/file-sync-online-db-buying-advice.177063/
Relevancy 33.11%

HP Pavilion HPE h8z customizable Desktop PC
? Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium [64-bit]
? AMD FX-8150 eight-core processor [3.6GHz, 8MB L2/8MB L3 Cache]
? FREE UPGRADE to 8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs] from 6GB
? 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
? Microsoft(R) Office Starter: reduced-functionality Word & Excel w/ ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook
? Norton Internet Security(TM) 2012 - 15 month
? 1GB DDR3 Radeon HD 6570 [DVI, HDMI. VGA adapter]
? 300W Power supply
? FREE UPGRADE to Blu-Ray player
? Wireless-N LAN card (1x1)
? 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB 2.0 (front), audio, 2 USB (top rear-facing)
? No TV Tuner
? Beats Audio (tm) -- integrated studio quality sound
? Premium HP keyboard and optical mouse

I just customized this pc and bought it and it said that a Power Supply was availible for $100 extra but it didnt make me choose it. Will my PC be ok? What can this cause?

A:Just bought new PC but power supply too low?

It will be fine. You wouldn't be able to purchase an incompatible configuration, as HP wouldn't allow it to leave production unless it was okay.

That said, the PSU is weak, and being OEM probably won't be the best quality out there. You'll have a warranty though, so don't worry while it is covered with one.

Out of curiosity, what is your intended usage for the computer you've purchased?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-new-pc-but-power-supply-too-low.176815/
Relevancy 24.94%

Heya i ve downloaded and tried to play the following online games Allods Shaiya Runes of Magic Lotro Everytime I downloaded each game and tried to connect to any of their servers it would always come up with a connection or client timeout error of some sort I m not sure if it has anything to do with my internet connection because recently I downloaded and played the beta for SWTOR online on my old crap vista laptop which is about years old Apart from very very low fps due to a terrible video card my swtor online servers unable game to connect Laptop to connection was perfect I also Laptop unable to connect to online game servers downloaded the swtor beta on my new laptop and after finishing the massive game download it came up with a data error though I can t remember what it was perhaps it is also related to my current problem My current IP is WIC New Zealand and doesn t have ethernet ports on modem Laptop specs WIndows -bit Home premium Service pack Toshiba Processor Intel Core i - CPU GHz GHz Ram GB Thats the basic information If you need anything else please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop unable to connect to online game servers

hi bunny 15405 welcome to TS
just quick idea here yhu dont have a firewall blocking the connections to their servers to yhu?

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-unable-to-connect-to-online-game-servers.174944/
Relevancy 33.11%

I purchsed a Noctua NH-D14 heatsink+fans CPU cooler for my socket 1155 CPU. However, I misplaced its backplate that fits on the back of the motheroard over the stock backplate. Is there any place where can buy a replacement? I don't think third-party backplates have to be specific to particular coolers, I guess all socket 1155 backplates are standard, as long as the bolt holes are aligned with the holes on the motherboard and it fits over the motherboard's backplate. I checked Maplin's website and unfortunately I don't see any CPU backplates listed.

Only one thing stopping me now from poceeding onto connecting all my components and building my computer, is this missing bl**dy backplate.

Thanks.

A:Can CPU backplates be bought separately?

Yes they can be purchased separately. Ebay is your friend.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-cpu-backplates-be-bought-separately.169874/
Relevancy 33.11%

I was in China and bought a music cd and have been unable to play it here in the US. The book was labeled "German 24k cd". I am not sure if I just purchased a cd with nothing on it or if this type of cd doesn't work in the US. Help

A:Bought CDs in China, can't play them in the US

Foreign

Sorry, the CD from China is not a book, but a really nice box with 2 CDs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bought-cds-in-china-cant-play-them-in-the-us.168655/
Relevancy 33.11%

I have just recently ordered some parts to build my own gaming computer. I purchased this processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz 6 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX

and this motherboard:GIGABYTE GA-M68MT-S2P AM3 NVIDIA GeForce 7025/nForce 630a chipset Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

The FSB on the motherboard says 1000MHz Hyper Transport (2000 MT/s), the FSB of the processor says 4000mhz.

Is this a problem? motherboard says its ready to take on the 6-core AMD processor that i purchased. Is this going to be a problem. If someone could tell me what would happen if i put them together i would greatly appreciate it. im freaking out right now.... think i just wasted money on this mobo.

A:I think I bought the wrong motherbaord for my processor!

According to the Gigabyte site there are two revisions of this board, Rev 1.0 and Rev 3.0. The AMD Phenom II X6 1090T is not on the Supported Cpu list for Rev 1.0 but is supported on Rev 3.0
The following note is on the product page for both revisions:

* If you install AMD AM3 CPU on this motherboard, the system bus speed will downgrade from HT3.0 (5200MT/s) to HT1.0 (2000 MT/s) spec; however, the frequency of AM3 CPU will not be impacted. Please refer "CPU Support List" for more information.Click to expand...

If I'm reading this right it appears that you'll need Rev 3.0 to run the 1090T but it will still degrade from HT 3 to HT 1. Here are the Cpu support lists off the Gigabyte site.

Socket AM3 - NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a - GA-M68MT-S2P (rev. 1.0)

Socket AM3 - NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / nForce 630a - GA-M68MT-S2P (rev. 3.0)

Personally, I would recommend that you return your current board if possible and upgrade to a that natively supports the 1090T.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-i-bought-the-wrong-motherbaord-for-my-processor.168106/
Relevancy 28.81%

I bought a used HP 9100C digital sender and I get a "Network Access Failure" error message on my pc when I try to create the "HP 9100C Login with the HP software. Any thoughts?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-bought-a-used-hp-9100c-digital-sender-and-i-get-a-network-access-failure.167938/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi.. I need to know the authorized service centers for Corsair Memory in India(Mainly in Coimbatore/Chennai).

A:Corsair Service Centre locations in India?

If this is to return a faulty product under warranty, go to here: http://www.corsair.com/support/technicalsupport

Fill it out, and they will be in touch with where to send your product for repair.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corsair-service-centre-locations-in-india.165122/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello i just recently installed Uncharted Waters Online onto my laptop and while it works fine on my desktop, when i went to play it on my laptop i noticed that there wasnt any music or sound that was being played. When i went back to my settings in the start screen i noticed that my audio options were greyed out.

I went into my sound settings and changed them from IDT to ATI HD and that didnt seem to fix the problem.

Does anyone have a suggestion? I can give specs if you need them.

A:Uncharted Waters Online, no sound

Any luck with this problem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uncharted-waters-online-no-sound.164372/
Relevancy 25.8%

I switched from an ATI 5850 card to an AMD 6970 card recently. I play mainly Tiger Woods PGA Tour Online and EVE Online.

The 6970 caused problems with both games (white streaks, not being able to read chats, etc...) and the 5850 works perfectly.

Why?

A:Why the problem with online gaming?

Can you provide any information on what youve tried?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-the-problem-with-online-gaming.162294/
Relevancy 24.94%

So last week i jumped online to watch a clip on the BBC website and as i clicked play my screen froze for about seconds the screen then proceeded to turn black - displaying quot entering power save quot The PC still runs i can hear it and see the power lights on etc I thought it had something to do with the video card but reading through several of you threads i deduced that if this were the case then the issue would apply to all video clips games played I know very little about PC s i may be wrong But this issue does not occur when i play games nor does it occur when i play movies on vlc media player or on sopcast or any other external video application Only when i am in a browser does this happen I have tried reinstalling my browsers i mainly use chrome and firefox as well as explorer I downloaded Safari just to see whether it would somehow avoid the problem But it doesn t I would really appreciate some thoughts Its frustrating not being able to stream watch online Cheers nbsp

A:My Dell monitor goes black only when watching videos online

yaniktissera said:

So, last week i jumped online to watch a clip on the BBC website, and as i clicked play, my screen froze for about 5 seconds, the screen then proceeded to turn black - displaying "entering power save".Click to expand...

Try turning off your power saver mode:
(o/s XP this is mine yours may be similar)
-> right click your mouse button when the mouse is on open desk top space
-> navigate to "Properties"
-> select "Screen Saver"
-> in the lower portion of the window there is the "Monitor Power" section and select "Power" button
-> at the heading "Turn Monitor Off" from the drop down menu select "Never"
-> click "Apply"
-> click "Ok"
Hope this helps
-> Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-dell-monitor-goes-black-only-when-watching-videos-online.161633/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi I m looking for some help figuring out what is wrong with a laptop I bought It is a Cybercom MD it had Windows XP installed but it wouldn t boot I would get the BSOD I booted up from the what's bought Let's with figure out I wrong a laptop. dodgy it Windows XP disc I get to the part where I am to create a partition I previously deleted the old one in Acronis Disk Director when I press C to do so the computer reboots If I boot into Acronis Disk Director and manually create an NTFS partition set it active then boot from the Windows I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it XP disc I press enter to install onto that partition and it gets stuck almost immediately after that at the part where it says quot examining disk id lt numbers gt bus lt numbers gt MBR Sometimes it will reboot instead of freezing I have also tried installing several Linux distros they all freeze early on and I can t tell what part it is that it freezes at I have scanned the entire HD thoroughly with HDD Regenerator and it says there are no errors My thought is maybe the HD is dodgy But HDD Regenerator said the thing is squeaky clean Maybe it s an MBR problem What I plan on trying tomorrow it s bed time now is creating a FAT partition and installing windows I also plan on deleting I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it the MBR to see if that makes any difference does anyone have any ideas on what this could be or any suggestions for me to try I d appreciate any help I can get nbsp

A:I bought a dodgy laptop. Let's figure out what's wrong with it

Have you got any spare RAM to try in it? Any amount will prove the point--even 512MB.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-bought-a-dodgy-laptop-lets-figure-out-whats-wrong-with-it.161282/
Relevancy 33.11%

I just installed it
So guyz help me with some technical details
like links for divers update , gaming softwares etc
Any help will be appreciated

Also tell me which games will run on it

Thanks in Advance !!!!!

A:Just bought Radeon HD 4350

I have that card in my machine at work, purely for the dual monitor output capacity. You can probably play any game on it, just not at high/ultra graphical settings or at higher resolutions, also it would probably struggle with Anti-aliasing(AA) and higher anisotropic filtering(AF) settings . Suggest sticking to 1280x1024 or lower resolution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-radeon-hd-4350.158453/
Relevancy 33.54%

I m deployed and nobody here is into computers so I had to share with you guys I can t wait to get home and set it up It should only beat me to the house by a couple a weeks I want to overclock it myself If you have any recommendations on something I missed or maybe you have a valid point with one of the part I chose let me know it s not too late to edit my order as they are very backed up with Just bought this, CyberpowerPC! orders due to christmas BASE PRICE CARE Ultra Just bought this, CyberpowerPC! Enhanced Packaging Solution - Protect Your Just bought this, CyberpowerPC! Dream System During Transit CARE CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation CARE Professional Wiring for All WIRING Inside The System Chassis - Minimize Cable Exposure Maximize Airflow in Your System CAS Corsair Obsidian Series D Full Tower Gaming Case w x SATA Hot-Swap Drive Bays amp Side-Panel Window CASUPGRADE in Cold Cathode Neon Light Blue Color CD X Double Layer Dual Format DVD -R -RW CD-R RW Drive BLACK COLOR CPU Intel R Core i - GHz M Intel Smart Cache LGA CS FAN Maximum Enermax MM Case Cooling Fans for selected case Maximum Silent Operation RPM Black Color with No LED Enlobal Magnetic Barometric Bearing dBA FAN CyberPower Xtreme Hydro Liquid Cooling Kit MM w Triple Fan CPU amp GPU Liquid Cool Capable Extreme Overclocking Performance Extreme Silent at dBA FREEBIE CU Civilization V Full Version Game FREEBIE CU Star Trek Online Digital Deluxe Game FREEBIE VC StarCraft II Free Trial Coupon with purchase of NVIDIA GTX video card or above HDD TB SATA-III Gb s MB Cache RPM HDD TB x TB Capacity Raid Extreme Performance KEYBOARD Xtreme Gear Black Color Multimedia Internet USB Keyboard MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz Triple Channel Memory Module Corsair Dominator MOTHERBOARD -Way SLI Support Asus P X D-E Intel X Chipset SLI CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR SATA-III RAID w Audio GbLAN IEEE a USB SATA-III RAID Gen PCIe PCIe X amp PCI MOUSE XtremeGear Optical USB Buttons Gaming Mouse MULTIVIEW Xtreme Performance in SLI CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor NETWORK Onboard Gigabit LAN Network NOISEREDUCE Sound Absorbing Foam on Side Top And Bottom panels NOISEREDUCE Power Supply Gasket NOISEREDUCE Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts OS Microsoft R Windows R Home Premium -bit Edition OVERCLOCK No Overclocking POWERSUPPLY Watts - Corsair CMPSU- TX Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready RUSH Non-Rush Instant Rebate - Weeks Wait Time - Must Enter Coupon Code quot NORUSH quot during checkout SERVICE STANDARD WARRANTY -YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT SOUND HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD AUDIO VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX SE GB X PCIe Video Card EVGA Superclocked VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX SE GB X PCIe Video Card EVGA Superclocked PRICE ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Coupon NORUSH Non-Rush Instant Rebate - SUBTOTAL Sales Tax N A Shipping UPS Ground ---------------------------------------------------------------------- GRAND TOTAL nbsp

A:Just bought this, CyberpowerPC!

Nice rig and something to look forward to when you get back stateside. You should have no difficulty overclocking to well over 4GHz with those components. Also, thanks for your service to our country.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-this-cyberpowerpc.158409/
Relevancy 34.4%

A few years back I purchased - GB Kingston Value Ram sticks Kingston ValueRAM GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model KVR D N K G I used it on an Intel X board that warranty, compatibility... Memory was glitchy finall gave up and swapped it on to an MSI X- board with a Q processor Memory warranty, compatibility... that was glitchy so I scrapped the Memory warranty, compatibility... whole thing and did an I- build Decided to revisit the Q and the Kingston Ram and do a Home Theater build using an Intel DG RK The quot tested ram quot spec for that board calls for volt non ECC ram However when I go Memory warranty, compatibility... on the Kingston website and plug in that motherboard it specifies the ram If I plug in the - GB sticks of that I use in the I- build everything works fine But when I plug in the ram of the GB sticks are accepted by the motherboard and two are rejected with the -beep code When I was running this ram on the previous motherboards they were always glitchy beep codes at startup lock-ups I must have run Memtest times and always showed no errors Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should look for the problem Ram always says quot limited lifetime warranty quot but when I have run Memtest in the past it shows no problems Does anyone have any suggestions about warranty replacement I think that will be a waste of time nbsp

A:Memory warranty, compatibility...

Compare the votages and timings in BIOS against the designed specs of the RAM. Do they match?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-warranty-compatibility.158473/
Relevancy 24.94%

Well when I run an online game (Runescape) it runs quite good until it freezes for 1-2 seconds, then goes back to normal. It does this every 5-10 minutes and causes me alot of problems.

My laptop is fairly new and I have just re-installed Vista, but the specs are:

- Processer - (Intel Pentium Dual 1.73 GHz)
- RAM - (2G)

From looking at my processor and RAM it looks like the game should be running fine, and when I try and run the game in high detail it just lags completely, please help I've been looking everywhere for this solution!

A:My laptop lags when playing an online game!

Do you have antivirus software installed? Try disabling that during gameplay, or at the very least disable auto-updates as a test. Same goes for windows updates. Also, close any other windows and programs you aren't using before playing, it might make a difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-lags-when-playing-an-online-game.157374/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi,

I play alot of fps games. I was thinking of using my phone to connect to the internet on my laptop when im on the move. But my data plan is only 500mb. How much bandwidth do games like Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2 use typically. I'm talking just unmodded vanilla servers. Will the 500mb be sufficient to play games on the odd occasion? Please note I rarely if ever use any of it on my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/use-phone-for-online-games.153514/
Relevancy 24.51%

Ok so here viewing when black (comp videos screen on) online goes still Laptop s my issue Dell inspiron e Windows XP Sp Intel Core Duo GHz GB RAM ATi Mobility Radeon X with updated Omega drivers The issue My laptop screen goes black but the computer appears to be on the WIFI and blutooth lights next to the power button do not turn off when I watch videos online This does not happen every time I watch online videos nor does it happen when I have a certain number of tabs open at specific websites etc It does not happen regularly and once I restart my computer holding down the power button to turn it off the issue is resolved I ve never had it happen twice in a day Please help Also of note I have just replaced my laptop s hard drive I thought that was the solution to this problem but it was not It turns out my old hard drive was timing out and on the fritz anyway This leads me to believe that this is a malware issue possibly or another hardware Laptop screen goes black (comp still on) when viewing online videos issue Thanks for your help I ve attached my HJT log I read the topic about renaming the exe file and everything nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-screen-goes-black-comp-still-on-when-viewing-online-videos.152273/
Relevancy 20.64%

My razer deathadder recently died and I couldn't afford another one, so I went for something cheaper

I got the intellimouse 3.0 and i'm not too impressed

I have the pointer speed set on the fastest setting, but when you are moving the pointer around slowly it jerks in increments of of a millimetre or so, and its quite frustrating when gaming, especially in sniper situations

Is there any way to make it smoother?

A:Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 - making it smoother?

If you haven't already, install the intellipoint driver. Although the mouse will work using the native Windows driver, you will have fuller use of its capabilities if you install the latest driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-intellimouse-3-0-making-it-smoother.151804/
Relevancy 24.94%

About 3 days ago my laptop stopped playing videos online. some videos cause the browser to freeze, whilst some just dont work.
When i try and play a video off youtube it takes about 5 minutes, then starts playing. but when i try one off itv player or something it simply wont work.

i have had my computor checked for virus' and deleted everything like that. i have delete my browsing histroy/temporary internet files etc. and now i have run out of things to try!

i have a samsung r530 laptop, if that helps. and it isnt that old (only got it 5 months ago)

please can someone help me.
i am not that good with technological terms, so please can you explain it in simple terms

thank you so much for reading, and please can you help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-play-videos-online-anymore.151303/
Relevancy 33.11%

I bought a Intel pentium dual core 2.67ghz 805 system, by emachine. Only problem , i have 2 yellow question marks in device manger, something called " PCI DEVICE , and SM bus controller, but i cant find any drivers for whatever they are. I look over at emachine, no such drivers, from intel.com, can't find anything.

A:Just bought a dual core, need help

If you're talking about that AMD you have in your system specs, it won't fit, but it sounds like your computer is running, so its probably a different one.

PCI Device doesn't have anything to do with the processor, if you have a PCI device, directly search for drivers for that device...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-dual-core-need-help.141043/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hello, at Christmas i bought a notebook PC. It had features like a webcam, and they did not work. So we took it back and bought a hp pavilion dv6 PC. It has a 64-bit operating system, GB free local disk with 396 free and windows 7 for an operating system. i download some music, i have messenger, and i have internet explore to browse and use Facebook, yet it my PC is working like a piece of crap, Ive been in my recycling bin and deleting everything i get a chance at. My browsing history is deleted, i have Norton if that could be the case but i have the "NEW" Norton which is suppose to be better the sales man told me. Please post a comment when you get a chance .

A:Hp pavilion dv6 notebook pc running super slow, bought at christmas

Please follow these 8-steps and post all the logs here for review and further advice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv6-notebook-pc-running-super-slow-bought-at-christmas.142881/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi i have recently bought a Pc - with slots PCI - PCIX and AGP PRO and a graphics card- Ge force GS mb PNY from what i can tell they should be compatible i have got the graphics card and then opened up my pc taken the old one out and placed the new one in its place when i turn my pc back on its comes up with the normal writing in white then it goes onto a blank screen just before the Windows loading screen SHOULD come up the last thing it says is quot Media test failed Check is Just blank a screen card bought and my new graphics just cable quot i have no clue Solutions that i have tried i put the old card back in and turned it on fine and put the new graphics cards disk in and installed the drivers with Just bought a new graphics card and my screen is just blank the new card Just bought a new graphics card and my screen is just blank in another slot so it would actually install then i took the old one out and put the new one in on its own Still blank screen i also tried it in every slot i have nbsp

A:Just bought a new graphics card and my screen is just blank

ok try this download driver sweeper use it to uninstall the nvidia display drivers then install the newest drivers from the nvidia web site for your card and that should fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-new-graphics-card-and-my-screen-is-just-blank.139508/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi

I recently reinstalled windows xp on my ibm t43 but now I can't connect to the Internet. I've tried everything I know which is very little, but I can't find the wireless conection that is in my house.

I'm in need of some help... Please

A:Can't connect to Internet after reinstalling Microsoft XP

Hi Speedracer :wave:

I am not a mod, but
Welcome to :grinthumb

When I arrived, one of the Mods welcomed me with these helpful hints.

You should read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.
System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-after-reinstalling-microsoft-xp.139114/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello All I am have been reading the boards for a month or so now and have been help a ton but I came across a problem that I could not find any other threads 360 only allows other network one Xbox and online PC or the specifically about and have had no luck Xbox 360 and PC network only allows one or the other online finding a solution elsewhere on the internet I have a BEFSR router and have an Xbox and my PC connected to it I can connect to the internet Live with either one if Xbox 360 and PC network only allows one or the other online the Xbox 360 and PC network only allows one or the other online other is off but whenever the nd tries to connect it can not do so To connect to the internet I had to set the router up for a static IP address as it could not automatically connect and get that or the DNS servers I did this in the set up page of the router I also used port triggering under the quot Gaming And Applications quot tab to trigger and forward ports DHCP is enabled with a start IP address of I had bought this router before and spent hours on tech support with Linksys Microsoft and my ISP Linksys finally came to the conclusion that the router had a defect of some kind that I would need to send it in and get another After waiting for email instructions on how to do so for a week I boxed it back up and exchanged it at Best Buy for another of the same It seems that this one is having the same problems so I doubt calling Linksys will be of any help this time around Please let me know if more information from my end is needed to help diagnose the problem and along with any help you can provide about this I would also like to hear suggestions for a different router to buy If problems still persist after people here give suggestions I want to get away from Linksys all together Thanks a ton for reading and any response that can be given -TheLonelyRanger Edit When the Xbox connection fails it fails trying to connect to the internet with a DNS failure nbsp

A:Xbox 360 and PC network only allows one or the other online

hm; sounds like the manual config is messed up.

suggest you use DHCP for both IP and DNS settings on the System.Nic card

then use IPCONFIG /ALL to see the settings assigned.

if you must have static IP on the Xbox, copy all but the IP ADDRESS into the
Xbox settings and then use an IP address like x.x.x.100

You must be able to have both boxes online at the same time AND
the system should be able to ping x.x.x.100 as well as www.google.com

once that works, the xbox should too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xbox-360-and-pc-network-only-allows-one-or-the-other-online.131564/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 33.11%

Hi, recently bought my first computer (used), I have question about what is installed in my pci slots.

I have 3 pci-slots (1 open) on the two that have a card installed, I don't know what those cards are or what they do, although I think one of them is a "lan" controller or something like that.

I use internet via wireless adapter.

I would like to free up those pci-slots, but first I need to know what is in the pci slots and if I need them or not.

Is there a way for the computer to tell me the exact hardware that is installed in my pci slots ?

I tried "system information" via accessories but that didn't tell me.

After I find out what's installed, I need to know what it does and if I should keep it installed, thanks!

A:Just bought a used computer, what is installed in my PCI slots?

Without being able to see it with our own eyes the best we can do is take a guess.

PCI slots can hold many different types of cards including video, ethernet, wireless, and firewire to name a few.

I suggest downloading a nifty little too called SIW (System Information for Windows). It is free and quite safe. Check it out and you should be able to find out all kinds of information about your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-used-computer-what-is-installed-in-my-pci-slots.136200/
Relevancy 24.94%

Specs Nothing Overclocked Except the crashes play online any Computer whenever I games Graphic Cards which are factory overclocked Windows Vista Ultimate Fully updated Asus Striker II Formula x ZOTAC GeForce GT MB AMP Intel Core Quad Computer crashes whenever I play any online games Q Kentsfield GHz GeIL EVO ONE GB x GB CM Stacker PSU Combo Western Digital gb Harddrive SupremeFX II Problem My computer can play almost any game that has an offline mode Crysis Call of Duty MW Call of Duty WaW ETC Games like that but when I try to play games like ACE Online WoW Cabal Online and basically Computer crashes whenever I play any online games any d online game The computer crashes after a random amount of time It freezes with a black screen and had a stutter sound of the last sound played I was just wondering if anyone else had a problem like this It all started happening after my Ethernet port started acting up Unidentified Network I m currently using a wireless connection seperate netgear to get online I m still trying to figure out what the main problems are I ve narrowed it down to either JAVA problems my Graphic Cards are having a problem with these games which I doubt or it has something to do with the Ethernet ports NOTE It s mainly when playing directly from the network AKA not private servers Usually private servers do not cause my computer to crash NOTE I ve also done a clean install but it always comes back to this If anyone has any tips or any way to resolve this annoying problem Can you please post it I m getting pretty fed-up with it nbsp

A:Computer crashes whenever I play any online games

Without actual minidumps or Blue Screen error codes I would guess your suspicions are correct. It sounds like either a) you need to update your ethernet/NIC card drivers or b) you have a failing NIC card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashes-whenever-i-play-any-online-games.135612/
Relevancy 25.37%

i recently got a new pc. played many new non online games and it works fine. but if i try playing online games my pc turns off. could any1 help me plz?

A:PC turn off when playing online games

What are your new PC's specs? In other words, what is its make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-turn-off-when-playing-online-games.135021/
Relevancy 33.11%

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMG

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162022

I bought it from best buy 84 bucks. About to install soon, feedback later.

A:Just bought my first ever PCIE card

ouch.... nice card though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-my-first-ever-pcie-card.134853/
Relevancy 32.68%

Hi folks,

This is my first post over here but it isn't for good reason Unfortunately.

Today I have bought a new Toshiba Satelite A300 1TM.

But It cannot power on.

I am curious if I am the only one I have met with such a problem.

A:Toshiba A300 Satelite cannot power on (first day I bought it)

"Today I have bought a new Toshiba Satelite A300 1TM, but It cannot power on"...

Are you kidding us? Have you plugged in the AC adapter and charged the battery? If so, take it back to where you bought it and have them fix or replace it for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-a300-satelite-cannot-power-on-first-day-i-bought-it.132602/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello I recently bought and installed the Flight Simulator X Acceleration Pack X Flight Simulator Microsoft in my laptop but when I play it I have a poor performance such as low FPS and chopped gameplay so I have weather scenary and traffic in very low but Microsoft Flight Simulator X for the resolution Microsoft Flight Simulator X it is the same for my computer to use a low one x than the higher one x Does anybody know how I can fix it My laptop has the following specification Acer Aspire Z OS Windows Vista bit with DirectX Processor Intel Pentium dual-core T GHz MHz FSB MB L Cache GB RAM BG HDD Video Card MB Mobile Intel Graphic Media Accelerator X Chipset Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Controller Version I am not sure if it is because it uses a lot of CPU resources or if it is because of the processor or the Video Card I have other games as Age of Empires and it has a high performance even if guns are firing Thanks nbsp

A:Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Everybody complains about this. I think the program is a resource from the jump.

Now FS2004, that will run great on anything. And it doesn't have to be activated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-flight-simulator-x.131939/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have many sata drives in my comp
just added another and cant remember how to bring it online
when i go to disk manager it shows up but sais offline and missing
can anyone help

A:New sata hard drive problem cant remember how to bring online

How many SATA drive do you have? So the drive can't be formatted? Is it seen in the bios along with all the other SATA drives?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-sata-hard-drive-problem-cant-remember-how-to-bring-online.131498/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am connected to a network domain. When I go to My network places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>Domain I can see all networked computers when I am wired in but when I connect wirelessly I cannot. I use a "Wireless access point" connected to my firewall router. I have tried disabling the wireless firewall and assigning a static IP. I am logged into the domain but the only way to can view the other computers on the network is to connect through a wired connection. I'm thinking it has to be a setting in my Wireless router but I cannot figure it out.

A:Viewing Microsoft windows network

Hi

when you connect via the wire, and via wireless is the ip address,subnet and default gateway in the same range ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viewing-microsoft-windows-network.131090/
Relevancy 33.11%

Wow, I just bought a very small HTPC keyboard, Just $40.

Weeks ago, I surfed in youtube and found a very small and useful HTPC keyboard. Thought several days and bought it because it is very small, useful and cheap compared to other HTPC keyboards in the market.

So exciting when I received and it is very good.

Share it with you - find it at efo.buy-lowest dot com

A:Wow, I just bought a very small HTPC keyboard, Just $40

Good for you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wow-i-just-bought-a-very-small-htpc-keyboard-just-40.129747/
Relevancy 33.54%

I just picked up a new PNY Nvidia 9800GT. I'm getting some significant heat issues. When idling the GPU is at about 55C which isn't too bad, but when I game, even for a few minutes, temperatures jump to about 70C. As this is dangerous for the card, I want to try to bring that down a few degrees. Should I use fan, heat sink, gel? I've never done a cooling project before. Also could somebody reccommend me a good 700W PSU?

A:Just bought new GPU, need help with a little cooling

As this is dangerous for the cardClick to expand...

Not particularly.

Also could somebody reccommend me a good 700W PSU?Click to expand...

Because more power will not only help, but cool it too!!!!

Anyway, you will want to get software like EVGA Precision and manually turn down up fanspeeds since default is normally around 25% - 35% fan speed. Again, 70c isn't really dangerous, it is just about borderline.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-new-gpu-need-help-with-a-little-cooling.129374/
Relevancy 31.39%

I should state upfront that I guru: - it Attention just a $2500 was I bought an hardware mistake? laptop expensive have not yet booted up this laptop and I am not Attention hardware guru: I just bought an expensive laptop - was it a $2500 mistake? a gamer The laptop is still boxed up wrapped tight and still sealed with the manufacturers wrapping tape The base price for this laptop is I paid for it because I m a speed freak No I don t need a drug intervention but thanks anyway Dr Drew More on that I customized my brand new laptop because of my need for speed I customized it primarily for work and school projects to stuff Between to I m a workhorse I m all business between - All I know is that when I use the computer to work on a school or work project and I experience a slowdown or blockage I get mad I act like a racehorse who s stuck in quicksand I have a little meltdown is what I m saying So that Attention hardware guru: I just bought an expensive laptop - was it a $2500 mistake? s why when I got ready to order a laptop I told myself I must place a priority - a high priority - on speed So I built it with gigs of RAM and a quad core processor The gigs of RAM and the quad core processor is why it went from being a laptop to a laptop no desktop thank you I bought a laptop so I could get out of the house and work away from home or days a week My question is for the hardware savvy person out there did I make a mistake in ramping up a laptop to the tune of in my all out quest balls to the wall need for speed Is the money that went towards the quad core gonna be worth it when everything is said and done Before you answer that you need to know what I ll be using it for I m going to build websites with Wordpress and Dreamweaver I might be using several programs at once Programs like Photoshop Dreamweaver and Flash I might even have a web based video tutorial open when I m using Photoshop or Dreamweaver In a nutshell I ll be using a lot of Adobe software I ll note that there s no need to point out that I could ve gotten far more for my money by buying a desktop That s a given That goes without saying I already have a high performance desktop for work and school I bought the laptop because I need a portable computer that is easy to transport a computer that I can place in the back seat of my car or carry on my back when I ride a bicycle or chopper to work or school A desktop was not an option So now that you know all there is to know don t hold back with your answer If I made a mistake just say so Or maybe I bought the perfect laptop one that has the type of speed that a busy body like me can utilize A laptop that ll handle anything a worker bee can throw at it years down the road Most of all would I or anyone else be able to appreciate and fully utilize the speed and power of gigs of RAM along with a quad core processor when compared to a machine that has gigs and a duo core processor Either way tell me what you think because I want THE TRUTH and unlike Tom I can handle the truth OS Vista bit Hard drive rpm Memory gigs of RAM GPU GB Nvidia GeForce GT M Processor Intel Core Quad Processor Q Ghz The Rig Itself http www shopping hp com series category notebooks HDX t series computer store nbsp

A:Attention hardware guru: I just bought an expensive laptop - was it a $2500 mistake?

Its not a mistake if you need the speed. You certainly could have gotten something with a higher performance/dollar ratio, but if you absolutely need the speed then that doesn't matter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/attention-hardware-guru-i-just-bought-an-expensive-laptop-was-it-a-2500-mistake.128820/
Relevancy 33.54%

Upgraded from a 128mb 9600 ati card to the ati radeon x1650 512mb

I hooked it up, used the CD let it install all the crap and downloaded the drivers, my computer since then is now sluggish, All my windows and internet windows are moving sluggish with a wavy effect, when I try to run WoW it tells me it couldn't find a suitable display device, so I have no idea wtf the deal is....

It's taking me almost 30 mins to navigate here and finally make a damn thread

A:Just bought a new card

Sounds like your onboard is still enable or you install the wrong drivers. Uninstall the drivers, use driver cleaner, install the new drivers with the new card, and make sure your onboard is disable.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-new-card.126743/
Relevancy 20.64%

I noticed when I turned on my computer today it said it was unable to install some drivers. I look in my device manager and it has the yellow exclamation mark by the following:

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #5

My system is a Dell XPS 630i on Vista 32bit home premium.

I immediately went to the Dell site and installed all the latest drivers and the bios as well but this did not fix the problem.

I am able to connect to the internet. Is this a problem and if so can somone wizard help me troubleshoot it?

Cheers in advance

A:Microsoft 6to4 adapter

Delete these drivers in the Device Manager and restart your system. See if Vista reinstalls these automatically

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-6to4-adapter.126383/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi there am having troubles with win and my internet connection In the device manager my card shows up as ethernet on get online with card my Windows Can't 98 normal and it tells me that everything with Can't get online with my ethernet card on Windows 98 the device is working properly also my service is through a cable modem if that helps you help me solve the problem Anyways the lights on the back work and all that but i just cant get internet connection setup to work I have went through the Can't get online with my ethernet card on Windows 98 internet setup wizard i have never dial a connection selected and i choose quot I want to setup internet connection manually or i want to connect through a local area network LAN quot it goes through all that just fine but when i click through and get to the finish and i pop up the internet explore i get nothing but a blank page if anyone can give me the solution to this problem please please help me thank you for viewing my thread gackleman I have windows and a cable modem and i just cant seem to get the computer to give me internet access The eithernet card is a linksys card and it seems to be working and under device manager says that the device is working properly and the lights blink in that back but no internet not sure what i need to do and all this is happening with or with out the router nbsp

A:Can't get online with my ethernet card on Windows 98

Yes, you can use a ethernet card and router in Windows 98.

In the network control panel applet make sure TCP/IP is installed on your linksys network card. Use winipcfg to find out if the network card was assigned an ip address.

"Possibly" the network card is bad, i've had a few linksys network cards that I just couldn't get to work under Win98. If thats the case look for a card with a realtek chipset, their good on backwards compatibility.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-online-with-my-ethernet-card-on-windows-98.124396/
Relevancy 32.68%

I bought it for 40bucks, its a Dell Desktop Dell Optiplex Intel celeron D 2.8ghz, one pciex1 slot, and 3 pci slots. 2GB of memory, Windows Pro edition(which i plan to install), 250Watts PSU(i am buying a 400watts Spare).

So i am curious what can i expect?
I am picking up the rig next monday

Also, what can i expect from that computer vs my Pentium III 600mhz?

A:Finally Bought my Secondary Computer, What to expect?

Well, for one it's going to be a LOT faster than your P3 600....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/finally-bought-my-secondary-computer-what-to-expect.123954/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello Techspot forum members if you guys can please help me on this i m having problems connecting to all possible online games and if it does connect then the lag is unbearable or just disconnects after a few seconds i m All Games Issue Lag Online using a router a Wire HG of the comments i ve seen this is an absolute wonderful router Wireless-USB Via Phoneline -Ethernet combined i ve had a MBPS connection a All Online Games Lag Issue few days ago was lagging horribly on online-games so i told my dad to upgrade our bandwidth we ve upgraded it to MBPS and still no beneficial change gotta All Online Games Lag Issue say that my Web-Browsing speed is super-fast download speed is about - Kbps on average-fast servers i think that i ve tried all possible solutions DMZ Mode XP Firewall is off registry changes TCP optimizers updated drivers changing router setting by the Homeportal forwarding ports for specific games nothing helps The router is connected to computers their specs are much over the recommended level to play those online-games they all lag badly don t have any clue what to do next i really need help on this one Also even if most of those games are hosted over-seas went to some friends of mine and installed those games they were going super-smooth and my friend s connection is even slower than mine s would be happy to share any additional information regarding the router and the PC etc thanks in advance nbsp

A:All Online Games Lag Issue

any system spec, net provider and any other details that might be useful?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-online-games-lag-issue.124181/
Relevancy 33.54%

So I was trying to decide if I wanted to upgrade or switch out my Freezone for a high powered Tech liquid cooling system for my setup Just thought if I could mod my freezone but Coolit Freezone I'm warranty voided... happy somehow http coolitsystems com you can find the unit here So heres what the system lacks imo from trial and error increasing my vcore from vs to vs fsb from - changing multiplier CT speedstep enabled disabled -large liquid resevoir -liquid tubing larger than quot -push pull feature since the unit is Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy so compact Freezone stock At vcore at cpu stock multiplier and fsb Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load Freezone modded At vcore at cpu stock multiplier and fsb Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load At vcore I could overclock with a multiplier of to Ghz temp Cidle CFull load Now for the modification info I purchased high cfm fans I bought them here http www sidewindercomputers com depf drhisp html I replaced the mm fan with one of the new fans on the opposite side of the radiator I placed another Creating a push pull effect To mount the inner most fan I had to remove the liquid pump which actually was a good thing it created more lengh in the loop giving more options in my case to remount the pump When I first bought this unit I was curious to know why I could sometimes here the pump rumbling This unit comes filled with a anti-corrosive liquid that is said to be selfsustaining and not need refilling I should have RMA d it then but I was unknowledgable about water liquid cooling at the time To remedy this i bought more anti-corrosive liquid Went to my local pharmacy picked up some syringes cc units were the only syringes available so I got them anyway I very carefully poured the liquid into the syringe then ever so carefully injected enough liquid to refill the loop which took about fills of the syringe To make sure the loop was air tight I took a lighter and lite a flame maybe a cm from the tubing this sealed the very small whole I made Afterwards i tested the loop for leaks ran the unit for hours There you have it my new and improved unit Working well to date My motherboard cpu options are listed in my sig btw nbsp

A:Coolit Freezone warranty voided... but I'm happy

Might I add, these are only what I did to my unit and the results. They are no way shape or form of any kind of directions*

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/coolit-freezone-warranty-voided-but-im-happy.87492/
Relevancy 20.64%

My Microsoft Habu mouse freezes when at some game servers, I play mainly DFX and in some servers where plenty of action is going on, the "nice" mouse freezes for several seconds, about 5 to 10 seconds....specially if I swirl it.

My PC is home built with an Intel Q6750, 22 inches samsung lcd monitor, G 15 Logitech KB, 4 G memory Mushkin, GForce 280 Video card, nfORCE 780I MOBO,Thermaltake 750 PSU, several fans and a V1 cpu cooler. I run Windows XP Pro 32.

Any idea why this is happening, the driver version is 2.12 and firmware is 2.03 on the mouse. I am about to dump it to the garbage can, any suggestion about a real good and reliable mouse, cost is no issue...

Tks

A:Microsoft Habu mouse troubles

Go with a moderately priced Logitec gaming mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-habu-mouse-troubles.123378/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have a Speedstream 4100 DSL modem and when I just surf the internet it is fine. But when I play some online games I can only play for about 30-45 minutes before my DSL modem gets disconnected from the internet. Restarting the modem does not help so I have the restart the computer to become reconnected. This is starting to become very annoying. I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the situation. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modem-drops-connection-while-gaming-online.122043/
Relevancy 24.94%

Somewhere in the course of trying to rid my computer of parasites I must have done something wrong...I can no longer play video clips online. It just sits there. ?????

A:Video clips online won't play anymore...what did I delete?

Don't know what you deleted but you could try to reload your media player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-clips-online-wont-play-anymore-what-did-i-delete.21971/
Relevancy 20.64%

when i try to change the font in excel or word it freezes and then crashes. but it doesn't do this with power point or one note. i have reinstalled it, deleted the normal.dot thing but nothing seems to work. and yes i have done the Microsoft diagnostics but it says that it should be working fine. so it would be nice if some 1 knew why this happens and how to fix it

A:Microsoft Word 07 freezes

any 1? come on there must be some 1 that has had this happen to them and know a fix for this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-word-07-freezes.119814/
Relevancy 20.64%

We have a new WSUS server running WSUS 3.0 sp1 on Windows Server 2008. I'm new to this so I was wondering if anybody would know it's it's capability be to deploy non-Microsoft installs and upgrades. I'm specificially thinking about Adobe products (mostly Adobe Acrobat). We will need to upgrade all of the computers on our network from version Acrobat 8 to version 9 pretty soon. Will there be a way to do that? Will there be a way to deploy updates when they come out? Or just one or the other? Is that pretty much up to the individual vendor? Do they have to make a special package that we put on the server? Or can we make one ourselves? Would that be hard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wsus-for-non-microsoft-products.119548/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New VX-3000 Problems Microsoft Lifecam Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still get the error message Next I check and see if Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems

If no one can help me with my problem, can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can resolve it. (Other than Microsoft Customer Support that is, that's definitely a last resort).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-problems.118681/
Relevancy 19.78%

I currently have a pc that was windows 2000 that is now not working. I recently put a new hard drive into the pc and it currently store all my music (itunes) and document flies. I would like to if it is possible to take the hard drive out and connect it to my other computer externally. The only other issue is the other computer is running on vista. Is it possible to do this?

A:Can I make my internal HD external and I change the type of microsoft it runs with?

Yes, you can take that hard drive out of the 2k machine and read it just fine in Vista. What you can't do is take your OS drive from 2k and boot another machine with it, but I don't think that is what you were asking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-make-my-internal-hd-external-and-i-change-the-type-of-microsoft-it-runs-with.114513/
Relevancy 34.4%

After years of building PCs for friends and family I purchased a Dell Vostro 410 for work as it was a good deal.

Anyway as things happen, the jack pin from the speaker system broke off leaving the end in the pc.

Try as I might I could not pull it out and ended up drilling out really carefully. Unfortunately now cannot use the onboard sound and have installed a pci sound card.

From what I can see, there is no evidence of my abuse and I have paid for 4yr warranty, should I come clean and get a new mobo or just keep quiet?

Ta

A:Have I voided my dell warranty

well if u are going to try warranty, do not tell them what u did, and I may get banned for saying that. if the pci card is working just keep quiet and use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-i-voided-my-dell-warranty.114177/
Relevancy 24.94%

Can someone please tell me what cause it to restart?

Here a ss of a system recovery and my minidump is below. Thanks

A:PC restarting itself while playing Warhammer online after a few hours

BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, bf0fd864, abee9604, 0}
Probably caused by : atikvmag.dllClick to expand...

Whilst running WAR.EXE (game)

Confirm your Video card drivers are up to date
And confirm all updates (if any) are installed on war.exe

atikvmag.dll. Description: Virtual Command And Memory Manager

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarting-itself-while-playing-warhammer-online-after-a-few-hours.111870/
Relevancy 18.06%

Ok, so i got kinda a blue screen yeah . I tried to start a video chat on msn, well the computer decided not to like that. Anyway, now i get this message every time i try to install my sound drivers

"Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system before installing realteck HD audio driver"

My mobo

Using onboard sound.

Googled, read, looked around, ran windows repair, help? pls? thanks guys

A:Microsoft bus should be loaded into your system.... "error"

after googleing, i found 2 potential solutions:

Right click on My Computer, go to Properties, Hardware Tab, Device Manager. Look for any yellow bubbles next to the devices. If you see any, right click on it and click install driver. Select the option to find the drivers yourself, the next screen should allow you to browse and navigate to that folder. If the drivers still don't install then go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com in IE and get any hardware updates you can get. The MS bus driver might be an update you need to get.Click to expand...

I installed WinXP once more, installed SP2 and then the Sound Driver.
Again it didnt work.
(DAMMIT!)

Then I remembered that i actually had changed a sound card setting in the bios. (No i did not diasble the soundcard )

The case i have installed this Mboard in has a front pannel.
And the Mboard has a front panel connector.

To connect the front pannel I had turned to the manual to get the rigtht pins set up.
The manual states on page 2-31 that:
"The default setting for this connector is legacy AC'97 audio, if you want to use the High Definition (Azalia) audio features, set the AC97 & Azalia Link A in the BIOS to Azalia."

Well this case does not use a high-definition audio front panel, so of course i had diasbled the Azalia Link i Bios.
(It was enabled in the Bios even when the manual said that the default setting was AC'97, ow well ... )

For "fun" i just tried to put it back to the setting it was when i installed the Mboard (Azalia), and then, bingo, the sound card worked in windows.Click to expand...

seems like a very rare problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-bus-should-be-loaded-into-your-system-error.50870/
Relevancy 20.64%

Lots of valuable information in that file I'd like to access. I was able to create a new Outlook file in safe mode so I guess the program is OK.

It was suggested to me recently the cause may have been due to me having Microsoft Service Pack 1 at the time. I had not updated to Service Pak 2 (which I now believe has been updated to Service Pak 3). Has anyone had experience with this and, if so, do you think there's a chance that if I update my Service Pak that I might still have a chance of recovering the data I had in my original Outlook file?

A:Still unable to open Microsoft Outlook

I dont think just upgrading to service pack 3 would do any good.

May be you need some more luck there.

Hope you get the help you need

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/still-unable-to-open-microsoft-outlook.110662/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi everyone. I have purchased a newer printer and I am looking for an online store to buy
remanufactured or compatible printer cartridges from. I would like a store with
some sort of free shipping program and cheap prices. Does anyone have any suggestions
on where I should go online to buy my ink cartridges? Thanks in advance!

A:Need an online store to buy printer cartridges

Depends a bit on what brand.

I'd suggest www.tylermartin.com Their site looks like it was coded by a 5 year old, but I've been dealing with them for at least 4 years, never had any issues with them. They don't have free shipping, but their prices are low enough that you can afford shipping.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-an-online-store-to-buy-printer-cartridges.110633/
Relevancy 25.37%

I was reading this article and thought, what makes online data storage attractive enough to make companies risk their sensitive information on servers they'll never see in person, possibly in another country? What advantage does it have over local storage?

A:What exactly is the attraction of online data storage?

I didn't read the link
But the main reason for online storage, is so to access your data from anywhere in the world (including an Internet Cafe')

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-exactly-is-the-attraction-of-online-data-storage.110427/
Relevancy 24.94%

Well this is an odd one for ya my internet works perfectly fine all day long without even the slightest problems I can play Age of Conan MMO all day long without problems as well Yet the odd parts come in when I attempt to with online Internet games behaves weirdly play any of my FPS first person shooter Internet behaves weirdly with online games games --- Return to Castle Wolfenstein --- Occasionally the Server-List will display only - servers both with high pings Ping is higher than before on all servers as well Most are ping when they used to be around - Remedy is to reset the modem --- Counterstrike Source --- All servers on the server-list have abnormally high ping Even ones that on my old internet setup had about -ish ping are Can t connect to the majority of the servers Sometimes it will connect to the server and as soon as I enter give me connection interrupted Remedy is to reset the modem --- Call of Duty --- Ping seems to be okay though I didn t have the game with my old internet setup so I have nothing to compare it with Will connect to the server perfectly fine but after about minutes of gameplay I will get Connection Interrupted the lights on my modem will all light up and then half will shut off followed about seconds later by the other half of the lights shutting off The modem will then reset itself reestablishing a connection in about seconds Remedy none Not sure if this is a common problem with Netgear Modems or not but it is pretty frustrating Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:Internet behaves weirdly with online games

Which Netgear Modem are you using? What was you using prior and did you have the same problem? Otherwise sounds like the Modem has a problem. Sometimes it's not the Modem but your ISP throttling back on the bandwidth.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-behaves-weirdly-with-online-games.110280/
Relevancy 25.8%

Looking for information regarding residential online backup services. Is anyone using Mozy or X-Drive? Would appreciate input as to the ease of the service or anything else you can offer. Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/online-backup-services.110550/