Windows Support Forum

Office 2016 Installation Failed

Q: Office 2016 Installation Failed

So I was trying to install Office Pro Plus Volume licence and every time I try it just ends up with Microsoft Office encountered an error during setup This is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea why it's happening since it doesn't display any specific error message and was wondering if someone could help me out with this I simply start setup exe click on customise and run all from my computer from the first box which just says Microsoft Office workplace tutorial says to do so and then just click Install now then after or so minutes it just comes up with the message quot Microsoft Office Professional Plus encountered an error during setup quot with the only other option being to either click the question mark Failed 2016 Installation Office which just opens a generic help page or click close Now here's the thing before I upgraded Windows to the anniversary update I had Office installed from this method but office always acted weird such as the whole word window acting unresponsive if I were to minimise it and then re-opening it after I check something in chrome so just before upgrading I uninstalled office and was hoping to re-install once I got upgraded yet now the installation Office 2016 Installation Failed fails every time I initially thought maybe this was because there were leftover files from the uninstall but after following a manual uninstall guide from Microsoft it still failing to install so now I'm in dire need of help

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/65288-office-2016-installation-failed.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Office 2016 Installation Failed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 31.39%

According to the latest reports, AMD will skip the problematic 20nm manufacturing node for their next-generation 'Arctic Islands' GPUs, which the company is expected to launch in 2016. Instead, Arctic Islands will progress directly to 14nm FinFET in the hope...

Read more

A:AMD to reportedly skip 20nm entirely for its 2016 GPU family

Sounds like a good strategy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-to-reportedly-skip-20nm-entirely-for-its-2016-gpu-family.212286/
Relevancy 30.96%

AMD's roadmap for the next two years has leaked, and it's filled with information about what the company is planning for their desktop and mobile CPU and APU lines. While 2015 will see a mix of 32, 28 and 20nm chips,...

Read more

A:Leaked AMD roadmap suggests all 2016 APUs will be 14nm

If it beats the Bulldozer family by a solid 5-10% in video games plus media encoding with reasonable prices, I am going to use it for all my builds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-amd-roadmap-suggests-all-2016-apus-will-be-14nm.212540/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have been having this issue for about 2 weeks now. Ive literally tried everything including uninstalling/reinstalling network card, restore points (there are none), a windows update download, and reformatting the hard drive (wont let me). Any help is appreciated. I cant afford a new pc or any new hardware at this time.

A:"Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection. Cannot proceed."

failed to query tcp/ip settings of the connectionClick to expand...

what did you do when this occurred?

Describe network equipment {modem, router} ISP, and your system.

Connect it all together, get a command prompt, enter ipconfig /all >myTcp.txt
and come back here and paste the contents of myTcp.txt as your reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection-cannot-proceed.177223/
Relevancy 23.22%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi, am prepared to be labelled "thick as mince" however I wonder if anyone can advise how to proceed with the following: Replaced cracked laptop screen on a TM99, on first start up after replacement, the screen worked.....woohoo!, however.....on next startup, there was nothing, no lights, no start up screen...nada. Replaced new with original screen, which although cracked had worked, and it too now failed. Any ideas? The cable for the screen was seated properly and securely, nothing else was moved so am struggling to establish a reason for this non conformance. Could it possibly be a jammed "lid closed" switch? If this is potentially the culprit, anyone know whereabouts it is? Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/packard-bell-tm99-laptop-failed-screen-replacement.208913/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a mystery on my hands. I received a Bluetooth speaker as a gift. The BT-4.0 adapter plugged into my computer (USB-2.0 port) detects it (as a "Bluetooth headset"), but when I try to select it as my output device (from the "Sound" Control Panel), Windows reports it as "Disconnected".

If I open "Devices and Printers" and right-click the "Bluetooth headset" icon, I get an alert that the device "Failed to initialize".

I've tried rebooting, tried a different BT adapter, updated my BT drivers off the makers' website, Device Manager shows everything is connected & working (including "Bluetooth Audio").

64bit Win7 Home. Inateck BT-4.0 usb adapter. Speaker is a "MicroBoom" BT v2.1:
Any ideas?

PS: Eliminated the obvious. Speaker is fully charged and works just fine with my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-headphones-paired-but-disconnected-failed-to-initialize.207624/
Relevancy 24.51%

Please somebody help me asap I tried to change the public Dns to google's one but failed to do so now I cant reverse it I clicked auto obtain IP and Dns but still cant connect to my router, I beg you somebody help me.

A:DNS change failed

I'm far from an expert on anything internet, but I had a similar experience when Verizon changed servers on me, and my router failed to track it.

I called Verizon tech support and they reconfigured the router for me while I was on the phone.

You can also try opening a command box and type, "ipconfig/release", wait a few moments and type, "ipconfig/renew" (obviously without the quotes). That will only work if the issue is with the computer, but not the router.

Don't despair though. Someone who actually knows what they're talking about could be along any minute...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-change-failed.207375/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 21.5%

My old hard drive was a sata drive but it failed so I had an old ide 80gb barracuda 7200rpm drive that I wanted to install windows on but when I load the windows installation and goto custom it wont show my drive. My bios detects it its just windows . I tried using diskpart and even formating the drive to ntfs witha complete whip but still no luck .

A:Windows installation can't detect my ide hard drive?

Perhaps the hard drive's jumper setting is incorrect. Are there any other IDE devices connected on the same cable as the HDD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installation-cant-detect-my-ide-hard-drive.192208/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an old Acer Aspire m3100 desktop and the case to it is broken, I have another case for it but I do not have the installation manual to show me how to reconnect all of the connections from this other case. How can I get or find the diagram showing how to make all connections to this motherboard. I'm trying to restore this computer for my grandson? any help would be appreciated, I've tried contacting Acer but they won't help unless the computer is under warranty and their third-party support doesn't do hardware issues?? I also downloaded a manual from online but it doesn't show the right info.

A:Motherboard Installation manual

Check this is the right motherboard.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2500#ov

The manual is available in the support and downloads section.

Case wiring is pretty standard in most cases (no pun intended). Any details you have about the case your switching to would be helpful.

Motherboards mostly have the names of sockets screen printed next to them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-installation-manual.205022/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 22.79%

Had an AMD HP G62-227CL laptop that overheated and required motherboard replacement with similar Intel motherboard. Old board clocked at 2.2 MHZ .. new one is 2.0 MHZ.
Board I got from Ebay works but now computer believes that it is a Compaq CQ42 Laptop. Do not know the model number, which I would need on HPs site to download BIOs upgrades.

Is there a way to tell which bios I need or what model I now have?

Thank you,

Steve

A:Replaced Failed Motherboard.. now how do I determine model number and which BIOS to download?

Finding a bios update rather then the one hp would give for this board. Would be next to none.
You could check a few of the support pages for this model. Which their are a lot Of
Maybe find out the motherboard you have bought.

HP Support, Drivers, Contact and Help Forums | HP Support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-failed-motherboard-now-how-do-i-determine-model-number-and-which-bios-to-download.203956/
Relevancy 22.79%

Good day chaps, yesterday night I was casually playing a game (Aion > mmorpg) and I decided to put some music on(it was on browser, YouTube), when I pressed alt+tab to change it it started flashing telling me the exact issue : AMD DRIVER CRASHED AND FAILED TO RECOVER.

I got a bit scared when it gave me a blue screen, so I thought of asking for any tips or clues why it does that~

For unkown reasons, I can't upload the .dmp file saying either its empty, or The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension.

Hope you can help me and thanks a buck!~

A:Dell Inspiron 3512 AMD Radeon HD 8500/8700M crashed and failed to recover

Upgrade the driver and see if this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-inspiron-3512-amd-radeon-hd-8500-8700m-crashed-and-failed-to-recover.203323/
Relevancy 23.65%

When I am accessing wifi network I get dns failed error message. what is the problem? pls help

A:DNS failed error in WiFi network

Can you connect using a wired connection?
Get a command prompt and enter
ipconfig /all >myTCP.txt​then open that file, copy the contents and paste into your follow-up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-failed-error-in-wifi-network.200577/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey, today i just got a new 4gb memory stick to add to my computer, currently i have 2 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM sticks.(These were both Kingston Memory Sticks) I then added a 4gb DDR3 1333 Ram stick (Crosshair) to the motherboard and made sure they were firmly placed in and it was all fine, I then turn on the computer and find that the motherboard starts beeping once then two beeps after and the Screen is blank, and my mouse & keyboard aren't responding. My current OS is Windows 7 64 Bit, so i shouldn't have a problem installing new ram to my system...
I'm not sure if this is a problem with 2 different brands of sticks or what.. but the fans are running for my Graphics card (I don't have onboard graphics available)

Specs
AMD 1055t X6
ASUS M5A99XEVO Motherboard
ATI Radeon 5570
Kingston

Any help anyone? Thanks
-Joe

A:Problems with RAM installation

The motherboard does not like that 4GB module. Have you tried the 4GB by itself? If the 4GB module won't run the computer you'll have to stick with 2GB modules. How many memory slots are on the motherboard? ASUS motherboards are notorious for being very picky about memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-ram-installation.179890/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi All,
Firstly thanks for reading, I wanted to build a new system some time ago but circumstances have pretty much stopped that for now so I have decided to just update a few things in my old work horse starting with the hard drive, I have with your advice on an old thread purchased a Samsung SSD 840 along with W7 Pro 64bit. I assume I just unplug my existing drives and plug this one into sata 1 and install the OS ?? or do I, is there a procedure I need to be aware of first, I.e. bios settings etc ?
Thanks for any advice as I am a total noob with SSD's, it came with a disk also, do I need this ?
Cheers,
Lee.

A:First ssd installation procedure ?

You've got it right. Just make sure to enable AHCI mode in the BIOS.

And don't ever defrag it haha.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-ssd-installation-procedure.198432/
Relevancy 24.08%

Networked for years in XP machines.

I read help files how to but, could not make it work.

My w8 win wxplorer list shows under Network the VISTA LAPTOP. When I click on it it asks for user name/password but, what name & password?.

I naver had any name/password for my networks.

Any body knows what does it refere to?

A:Failed to network w8, xp & vista

Hey nichos. Was a name and password used when this Win8 system was first set-up. When I first unpacked a WIN8 laptop, it threw me for a loop as it requires a username and password to unlock it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-network-w8-xp-vista.197366/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,
Any help would be great.. I have just started a fresh copy of widows xp and during the installation setup my keyboard has stopped working... Got through entering the key but with 33 minutes remaining and stuck at the screen ( personalize your software ) thing have gone bad..I have no keyboard function and can only use a mouse when plugged in... Oh forgot to say its a Acer Aspire 3000 laptop.. Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-stop-work-on-xp-installation.194217/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have try many things but the result is still the same...
already tried restarting the computer.....switching off the modem....
when I disable it.. I cant enable it again.. and when I try to switch off the computer it got stuck at the saving setting or something like that.... even the hamachi network cant be disable... the internet connection was working great last nigh but when I woke up.. this thing shown up... I never adjust any system or add any program before shutting it down last night...
I also tried to go to control panel

ithe ethernet is still enable... I realy need help on this... the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problem...

A:LAN network conection failed

the wireless is working fine but the cable connection is the problemClick to expand...

Are you trying to get BOTH connected at the same time?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lan-network-conection-failed.191371/
Relevancy 20.64%

Ok here s the history of the problem I have GB Hard drive quot Samsung sp c quot and I am using it since two years with my old desktop system with this S M A R T error at the startup BIOS TWO YEARS BACK I think there are some bad sectors involved at the last part of the HDD space There were partitions initially I e C D E amp F The problem started with partition #83" attribute "1720-SMART failure failing? drive detects imminent hard failed: ... HDD error F with following issues Always took so long copying files into F System got stuck up when some file s folder s from F drive were opened and then automatic restart That time ran CHKDSK on F drive but in the middle of scanning it always restarted the PC automatically Sometimes system restarted when I was copying some HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? random data in the F partition Whenever this restart thing happened at the start up it displayed that there is no primary hard drive detected Then eventually it came back live after - attempts always I also deleted the Partition F and then recreated the partition but same problems persisted YEAR BACK Due to above issues HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? I left the partition F as it was and used others like C D amp E but an year before the partition E started to do things same way F was doing and at that point F was not accessible with error popping The disk is not formatted Do you want to format it now I formatted the partition F and ran following HDD tools afterwards Partition Table Doctor HDD Regenerator Surface tests for C D E was fine but when it started scanning the HDD somewhere in F partition area these tools messed up with something took so long stuck at sectors for long time without repairing it MONTHS BACK I came to know that there are some serious issues in the HDD sectors inside the last GB part of HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing? the hard disk I made partitions C D E F G The G partition was for GB space and I never opened this drive since I created it because this will cause same problem what the F was doing before NOW I don t have much issues with C D E amp F while operating them Don t use F too much to be at safe side But I feel that HDD is very slow overall and and every time I turn this system on I get quot -SMART Hard Drive detects imminent failure Attribute failed quot Wondering if it could be fixed or not and I know and understand that my hard disk was failing ever since and most of you guys will advice to back up and purchase a new one but I am still on to fix this one and as if there s any way to get it right up Many Thanks nbsp

A:HDD error "1720-SMART hard drive detects imminent failure attribute failed: #83" ... failing?

The fundamentals still apply:

for every partition ?X?
chkdsk ?X? /f /r​
The /R will remap bad sectors in an effort to avoid future I/o errors.

a} fix all partitions
b} get the SMART data and save it for reverence (it will not be reset to zero by chkdsk)
c} view the SMART data every day
d} look for increasing statistics

PLAN on getting a new HDD asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-error-1720-smart-hard-drive-detects-imminent-failure-attribute-failed-83-failing.190152/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi Fellows I have TOSHIBA GB HDD I made it external delayed showing External to 0MD size failed due errors write HDD HDD through a drive case and using it since few months for storing the data it has partitions Now External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors I have a problem with it A week before the drive started giving following errors when I was plugging it in to the system There might be a problem with some files on this device or disc this can happen if you remove the device or disc before all files have been written to it Delayed Write Failed I O Device Error Initially it was only reading two partitions after - days it only showed one partition not all data then now it is showing partition with zero data with zero mb total disk space It is asking to format each partition I am trying to open I tried to access the HDD from multiple systems XP VISTA SEVEN but same MB size showing up now every time How can I get the external HDD back to normal state without losing the data already there please help Thanks nbsp

A:External HDD showing 0MD size due to delayed write failed errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Check-a-drive-for-errors
Check the drives for errors as instructed in the link above^. This may take a few hours depending on the size of the drive. If this fails then we will resort to other options. After doing some research, it seems as if this error occurs a lot in XP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/external-hdd-showing-0md-size-due-to-delayed-write-failed-errors.189965/
Relevancy 23.22%

My computer wiz of a brother moved across country! Im not a computer wiz but can follow instructions well! IF anyone would like to guide me in the right direction I would appreciate it! thank you!

He can get wireless signal, and at times access the internet for a few minutes, then he is booted again! My brother suggested we install Chrome for him, did so last night! Now I receive messages server cant be found, bc the DNS lookup failed!

A:Trouble getting father's computer online wirelessly! DNS look up failed!

It's not a browser issue - - it's the TCP settings

get a command prompt (btw which version of windows?)

enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTCP.txt

on your follow-up, attach the file myTCP.txt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-getting-fathers-computer-online-wirelessly-dns-look-up-failed.189000/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I bought a new CPU installation problems CPU an AMD Phenom II x socket AM absolutely not AM which I read was compatible with my AM socket GA-MA X-UD P a Gigabyte brand board So I tried installing it and when it booted up it got to the BIOS boot screen CPU installation problems I think its called a Post screen and it either sits there or restarts itself in perpetuity I let it sit there doing that for about minutes to see what the problem is and it seems that particular CPU was only compatible after a BIOS update So I throw the old CPU back in download atBios and the update install put the new CPU back in but it hasn t really made a difference at all still sits at the BIOS boot atBios says the BIOS is up-to-date and there isn t anywhere in the BIOS itself to confirm that so the mobo and CPU should be friendly with eachother I want to know if there are any other factors I need to know or I ve skipped when doing this I thought it was a simple process of swapping them in and out but if there s more to it or my computer isn t up to scratch in some way I was hoping for some answers and maybe a solution Other specs Windows Pro x w PSU Gbs of Mhz DDR Corsair RAM Nvidia GTX My old CPU which I have running is an Athlon x Thanks in advance nbsp

A:CPU installation problems

You may have to upgrade your power supply to 650 watts or so...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-installation-problems.188722/
Relevancy 20.21%

My 1TB Western Digital external drive has failed. It's out of warranty so that's not an option. After much internet research and trying many "fixes" that didn't work, I moved on to getting it out of its enclosure. But I need help on what I do next to determine if its the USB port that failed or the drive itself. This is my main backup of all my data (I know my fault for not having a backup of my backup) so I really need to get the data off of it if possible. The sticker on the drive says: SATA / 32MB Cache. My only computer is an HP Pavilion laptop. I am a novice in terms of computer hardware but can follow directions and do "techy" things pretty well. Your help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-wd-external-drive-is-it-the-drive-or-the-usb-port.188620/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I recently purchased a new laptop a Dell Model N Windows home premium It s been about a week that DNS lookup failed I have been attempting to access the web I have successfully set up the wireless network I just added the existing network I have set up through my old laptop My task bar shows that I am connected to the internet using DNS lookup failed google chrome I receive the error message quot the DNS lookup failed quot And while using internet explorer I get quot The DNS server isn t responding quot All of my Wireless Network Connection Properties are set to obtain automatically I ve even tried disabling the IPV I know all these settings are correct because my old laptop is still connected and I am having no difficulty connecting to the internet I consider myself to be fairly computer savvy and this has left me puzzled and extremely frustrated Any help would be greatly appreciated This might be helpful- results from ipconfig from Dell not connecting to internet Windows IP Configuration Host Name Daisha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Sunday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -B -FD- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - E- - FC-B BF Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap FAF A- DA - CAA- -D DEA B D Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e c ebe f fff Preferred Link-local IPv Address fe c ebe f fff Preferred Default Gateway NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Data from Dell computer that will connect Windows IP Configuration Host Name Daisha-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Dell Wireless b g n Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Sunday October PM Lease Expires Sunday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address -B -FD- A- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - -F - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physica... Read more

A:DNS lookup failed

Is this WiFi to your own router, or some public hotspot?
These look really good:

Code:

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : Daisha-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : [B]Hybrid[/B]
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Dell Wireless 1701 802.11b/g/n
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 64-27-37-F2-85-05
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : [B]Yes[/B]
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
[COLOR=#ff0000]IPv4 Address.[/COLOR] . . . . . . . . . . : [B]192.168.0.12(Preferred)[/B]
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, October 14, 2012 3:23:34 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:42:06 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
[B]DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 8.8.8.8[/B]
[B]8.8.4.4[/B]
[B]NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled[/B]
In Services, ensure DNS Client is Autostart and running.

These are the test you can run; get a command prompt, then
verify NIC is active ping 127.0.0.1
get your IPv4 Address and then ping it
run tracert 8.8.8.8

first line will be your router/gateway
second will be your ISP
... last should be 8.8.8.8
now test DNS with

nslookup 8.8.8.8
should return google=public-dns-a.google.com

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed.186215/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello,

I've got a problem. I can't seem to get the wireless working on 1 laptop. It used to work, but since I logged into another Wifi it doesn't work anymore.

It keeps giving the DNS lookup failed in Chrome.

I checked the DNS client, it's running. I renewed, released, did netsh resets.

IP and DNS are on automatic.

The only thing I can find it the logs is that the "Gateway" is empty.

EDIT:

On top of that it takes really long to acquire the network address. Then it gives a limited connectivity warning for 2 seconds, and then it says the connection was succesful and that the signal strength is excellent.

Go to this post scroll to the bottom, find the attachment

Save to your HD, rename by stripping off the .TXT

Now using an admin login, dbl-click that file to make the change - - reboot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed.186338/
Relevancy 23.65%

My fan recently broke. So I simply jus popped another one on. The fan I replaced it with jus has red and black which is obv live and neg but the one I took out has red black and yellow any idea about the yellow ? The fan works great but CPU fan failed error keeps appearing then when I press F11 it says entering setup but still shuts down.any ideas about how to keep it running just to get into the settings and change the CPU fan settings. Would be grateful with any help. Thankyou.

A:Help needed to bypass the CPU fan failed error at startup

You bought the wrong type of fan. They aren't all the same. You should have bought a CPU fan but you have a case fan instead. The yellow wire goes to a sensor connection that controls the speed of the fan. The motherboard detects the missing connection and throws the error you saw. The solution is to buy the correct type of fan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-to-bypass-the-cpu-fan-failed-error-at-startup.170008/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, again. I recently got a new hard drive called WD (Western Drive) Scorpio 1TB. So, I set it up and stuff on the back of the computer. As flip it over and and turn on the laptop I want to hopefully see a good sign. Rather, I see nothing with a Black screen and annoying 'Beeping' sounds! I tried many times to put the windows 7 disk in and it would not work and go back to the black screen and beeping noises. Please, help!

Reference:
Model : Dell Inspiron N5030
Hardrive : WD Scorpio Blue 1tb / 8 Ram / 5400 RPM

A:New hard drive installation failure

Perhaps it isn't the hd that needed replacing.

(need some background/details before any real help can be given)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-installation-failure.181795/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I m Redsuns and I have this Dell Inspiron Laptop I ve been getting the quot DNS lookup failed quot error message constantly while using Google Chrome Sometimes when refresh the webpage of Facebook or go to google homepage this problem always happen What method shall I use to DNS failed lookup solve it Any DNS lookup failed suggestions would be appreciated Thanks in advance Host DNS lookup failed Name Dell-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List Home Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter Physical Address -F -A - E- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Bluetooth Device Personal Area Network Physical Address - - - D- - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Home Description Dell Wireless WLAN Mini-Card Physical Address -F -A - E- - C DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe b bc Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Lease Expires Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - F-DB- -A -BA-DB-AA-F - DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address A -BA-DB-AA-F - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CDD B - BA - -B -C A FD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap BF ED - - - -B BFDA Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap - - -BFDD- BFD AA BC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap A EC- C E- - FE - FC D A Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes nbsp

Do you know how to access your router to configure it? If you do, I would try adding 8.8.8.8 as a secondary DNS server in the DHCP settings. Let me know if you need help with this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed.181576/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 35.26%

I was running Win XP which finally failed and I was able to enter in safe mode (only, no networking) and ran all the tests I could think of. Hard drive is ok and so I attempted to repair WinXP from the installation CD. However, the PC failed to shut down and restart so I eventually force closed it. Now it won't even load past the initial black windows screen, don't even get the option of going into safe mode.

Is there any way I (or someone) could access the hard drive to retrieve the data? I guess I could reinstall the OS but don't want to do that yet as I'll definitely lose the data.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Win XP failed, repair failed -- can I access hard drive?

Sure, there are many ways. Depending on what you want in the end decides how to proceed.

If you have a lot of space free on the drive, you could boot off a linux dvd and create a new partition. You'd have to shrink the existing, then make a new one. Then you could just copy over the data from the old one to the new one. Then reinstall windows onto the old partition, and copy your stuff back (then delete the partition and expand the remaining to fill the rest of the space).

You can also just boot off a linux disk and copy it to a thumb drive or whatever.

Or you could remove the hard drive and place it in another computer.

Also, I'm not convinced you lose the data if you install Windows again. I'm pretty sure you can install without formatting the drive. Your programs won't work, but it shouldn't overwrite any of your data. This is a non-ideal solution though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-xp-failed-repair-failed-can-i-access-hard-drive.179446/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi somebody can help me ? when i try to install soundmax appears
The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware
Note: if you uninstalled audio software without restarting your PC restart now then run this setup again.
But this driver i had it before reboot my pc and now it doesnt work.
My audio is integrated in motherboard and the motherboard is asus p5lo2.
Thanks!!

A:SoundMax installation error

Download this driver - the blue download button.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...us-Realtek-ALC882-Audio-Driver-51005125.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-installation-error.178195/
Relevancy 23.22%

To start I left my laptop off for two days while away on vacation I return home and attempt to load it and receive the windows error message quot Windows failed to start A recent hardware or software change might be the cause quot I am left with options to boot start windows boot manager to load windows normally When I try option at the bottom of screen there s a bar that says loading windows file and then the screen goes to a black screen with an arrow never to load--even after a substantial amount of time hours When I try option it goes to the windows logo screen for a couple of minutes and then returns to the error message screen I have a Toshiba Satellite L -S Windows bit My year warranty on the laptop just ended less than a month ago and when contacting Toshiba they note this Upon a minute conversation I was told that the harddrive crashed and needs to be replaced as well as windows OS I just don t understand what could have happened because prior to leaving for vacation L655 start failed Windows Toshiba Satellite to - windows was functioning no problem My laptop is not making any weird sounds I just want to be sure their solution is necessary or is there any other solutions I could try before dishing out for this computer Also know any strategies getting around out of date warranty when right outside within weeks of the warranty period nbsp

A:Windows failed to start - Toshiba Satellite L655

I don't know if you got this settled, but it sounds like the hard drive might be okay if you can re-format and re-load Windows fresh

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-failed-to-start-toshiba-satellite-l655.175786/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a GF a mobo I bought installation Details issue. inside. RAM some ram a while back and recently one of the sticks kinda stopped working so I sent for a replacement During that time I had gig sticks of ram in this mother board working fine Today I got my replacement stick from kingston and I put it in the th slot and went to boot the computer It would start up but no display on the screen and none of my usb hardware mouse keyboard would come on I removed the stick went back to my old RAM installation issue. Details inside. configuration and got the same issue Finally I started changing how many sticks I RAM installation issue. Details inside. had in what configuration and found that if I had only sticks in the computer would start fine no matter which sticks were in But as soon as I go to add a rd stick of RAM no matter which stick it is I would get the same issue as above Computer starts but no display or USB What could this problem be nbsp

A:RAM installation issue. Details inside.

What OS are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-installation-issue-details-inside.176029/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I ordered parts for my first-time PC build and unfortunately my liquid cooling unit is arriving last now I assume my PC will run fine without it as long as I don t overclock is there any reason why I installation cooler help Liquid should wait before building Liquid cooler installation help it I do plan on overclocking then although I need help doing that as well Also all the guides about building a PC I looked at made no mention of additional cooling units so I was hoping someone could point me to one or advise me Here is my build and I bolded the cooling unit I am getting Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply nbsp

A:Liquid cooler installation help

CPU gets hot while it's running, even when it's not over-clocked. You can use the stock cooler until the H100 arrives. Before replacing the stock cooler w/ the Corsair, you'll need to remove residual thermal compound on the CPU. Looks like the H100 has thermal compound pre-applied.

There's a brief installation video on Corsair's site, have you checked it out?
http://www.corsair.com/hydro-series-h100-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liquid-cooler-installation-help.174877/
Relevancy 22.36%

Upon dismantling my laptop I discover that the cpu is pasted to a copperish sheet which is in turn attached to the underside of the fan housing. I'm assuming the three pieces are connected with thermal paste.
I am having trouble reseating the cpu while attached to the fan so I wanted to dismantle it and seat it and reattach to fan housing with thermal paste.
Am I on target here with my thought processes or is there something tricky in this manuevering I am overlooking or ignorant of?

A:PCG-FRV37 CPU installation

Vaio PCG_FRV37 cpu fan

So do I pry up these cpu and copper heat sink or just slowly drop alcohol to loosen the compound? On the reverse side to reseat the cpu since the pins were bent on removal ( not expecting this type of setup) I have to try and straighten the pins...sink the cpu and then layer the compound, heat sink, compound then fan housing on top. Am I on track here? I've attached a pic of the fan. I could just sometimes kick these designers that make it more difficult for us....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcg-frv37-cpu-installation.174707/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 22.36%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 23.65%

I attempted to promote a member server to be a BDC in a single server domain It seemed to complete successfully but later I found that it did not I now have multiple issues with the server I see the following in Event Viewer In the system log I am receiving SAM errors In the Directory Service log I am receiving NTDS Replication errors that full synchronization did not occur In the DNS Server log I am receiving Event id stating that the DNS BDC Issues a a had server failed 2000 DCPromo that with server is unable to open the Active Directory In File Replication I am receiving a error Apparently the SYSVOL cannot be created I do see that the user database did come over from the PDC however I am also receiving messages that I cannot create new Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo user objects until the BDC can sync with the PDC I am researching all this stuff but not really knowing where to begin I have tried to DEMOTE the failing BDC but since it cannot attach to the Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo DNS server the ip address of the PDC the demotion fails too Any thoughts are GREATLY appreciated Greg nbsp

A:Issues with a 2000 server BDC that had a failed DCPromo

Maybe this will help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837932

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-a-2000-server-bdc-that-had-a-failed-dcpromo.172227/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I use Windows DNS lookup failed, continuously -bit as my OS I just moved into DNS lookup failed, continuously a new apartment got the internet installed and was using it for days or so Suddenly it was taking much longer to load sites then it would just show a quot dns lookup failed etc quot message This happens regardless of browser used chrome opera firefox IE Strange thing is that the internet connection is still very strong and my service is mb s so I still download torrents at speeds of mb s It just can t seem to manage more than one thing For instance while downloading a torrent even at speeds of just kb DNS lookup failed, continuously s if i try to check out websites the DNS message will usually show up again by the nd opened page It s pretty much like this all the time though I ve used Hijack this malwarebytes and avg free version to get rid of whatever malicious thing might DNS lookup failed, continuously be in my comp but no success so far Any suggestions would be great BTW I m a completely newb so explicit instructions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:DNS lookup failed, continuously

get a command prompt window (start->run->cmd)
enter IPCONFIG /ALL >myTcp.txt

open the myTcp.txt file, copy all the data <ctl>c
and follow-up to this thread, pasting the data.

PLEASE describe your Internet setup

ISP name?
connection type? {dial-up, DSL, Cable, Satellite}

Brand name and model of your modem? _____ your router _____?

Are you using a wired or wifi connection?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-lookup-failed-continuously.170666/
Relevancy 21.07%

My m-in-l s computer crashed so I brought it message ATI everyone! Control to Panel Error Hello "The initialize..." failed to my house to reinstall everything for her I am almost to the point of setting it back up at her house but I am still having a couple of problems Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." I ve searched and searched for all three but nothing has worked yet so I thought I Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." would post on here I noticed a yellow circle with a quot quot in the middle of the yellow circle under device manager of her Display adapters Video Controller VGA Compatible quot In the system tray it says quot Found New Hardware ATI Radeon Xpress Series quot So I went to Gateway website to get the specific drivers for my M-in-law s GT e Os XP and their was a chip driver for the ATI Radeon Xpress Series so I downloaded it amp extracted the files into Cabs like the instructions said to and now I am getting the error message quot Severe - Setup was unable Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..." to complete the installation Try to set up your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup quot So I closed that window and a new window popped up saying quot The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize because no ATI driver is installed or ATI driver is not working properly The ATI Control Panel will now exit quot Any suggestions would be appreciated to how amp where do I fix this nbsp

A:Hello everyone! Error message "The ATI Control Panel failed to initialize..."

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

The subforum you posted in is for new member introductions only, so I have moved your thread to the relevant forum so others can best assist you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hello-everyone-error-message-the-ati-control-panel-failed-to-initialize.170409/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently bought a video card and installed it into my computer However every time I try to install the software I get this card - video error installation driver display standard with VGA Setup message Setup was unable to complete the installation Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup Click to expand I m completely confused because I m using a standard VGA driver Windows automatically installed it after I disabled my integrated graphics I can t figure this problem out and get the video card to work on my computer so any tips would be hugely appreciated Video Card Info Video card Visiontek Radeon Video Card MB PCI w DVI Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error TV-OUT from TigerDirect ca tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Software VisionTek Radeon ATI System Info Windows Manufacturer Acer Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- GHz Installed memory RAM GB MB usable System type -bit Operating System Screenshots Installation error message i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer atiproblem jpg Device manager i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer Devicemanager- jpg nbsp

A:Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error

You went into your BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics? Um you might try a free program like Driver Sweeper to remove whatever remains of the old video drivers. For some reason the new video driver installer does not see your new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-display-with-standard-vga-driver-video-card-installation-error.170188/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all i have what porbably are dumb questions but i need clarification all the same please i just bought a XFX HD GPU upon your recomendation and was wondering if i should uninstall all the nVidia stuff in add and remove except the driver before i remove the card or just remove the card install my new one then uninstall the nvidia stuff I have a spare gigabyte GT GPU which i would like to give to my dad as he has an old Pack-Bell iMedia which he uses in the lounge to watch Uninstall for installation? drivers fresh GPU films on and browse the net Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation? The PSU in this old machine is only a watt and the GT reqiures a w minimum but as he wont be playing games or doing any photo editing etc only watching mp films would the PSU still power it reason i ask is it has a HDMI connection and his stock card is the old blue pin plug so i thought is would get a better pic using my new card also the GT is mb and the stock one is only mb Your thoughts please Thanks Lee nbsp

A:Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation?

1. Yes, you can remove all the Nvidia components through Add/Remove, although it's probably easier to download a utility such as Driver Sweeper which will remove the driver, PhysX, HD audio, Update etc in one move... Just remember that the system will likely revert to a lower VGA (640 x 480) screen resolution.
You can then power down, replace the card and install the driver/catalyst control centre etc.
Once you're up and running it would pay to bring up the Device Manager, click the "View" tab and check "Show hidden devices", then expand the "Display adapters" heading. If your previous card shows up -right click and select uninstall.

2. You say that your dad's computer is an "old Pack-Bell..". Power supplies gradually lose their effective output over time as components in the power supply wear, so his 250w PSU is likely much less. The GT210 isn't a power hog by any means (30.5w max) but picking up a suitable (and relatively cheap) PSU might be a good investment in any case, especially if the computer/PSU are 5+ years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uninstall-drivers-for-fresh-gpu-installation.170189/
Relevancy 21.5%

I had to recently install a new hard drive into a computer. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 3650 and I have been looking for drivers for it. Since the person who originally bought the card threw the box with the disc away i had to download the drivers and installation from online. I downloaded all the drivers and catalyst and when i go to install the products it appears to install and even says finished but when i look it doesnt seem to actually install anything at all even on a restart. The catalyst control center doesnt show up on my start menu and the graphics card still appears as uninstalled in the device manager. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is or how to fix it?

A:Radeon HD 3650 driver installation problems

Where did you download the drivers from?

If you haven't, get them from www.amd.com or www.amd.co.uk

Be sure to select express install during installation.

But before you try it again, remove the previous drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-3650-driver-installation-problems.168822/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, firstly I have a working knowledge of home computers and have been asked to sort out our computers in the office.

At the moment we have 3 desktops and two laptops running off of a server. The problem is the server keeps crashing and we can't access any emails or the shared drive we all use to store company information. We are getting fed up with the IT company we contract to sort out our computer needs. I was wondering if we even need a network server - would it be reasonable in the short term to just have a networked hard drive or two that we can all access. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the benefit of a server is ?
I will say this is a new company and our IT needs may increase rapidly in the near future.

Thanks

A:Advice for our office network

A server is just another system, specially configured, to run Services and store common data.

A WEB server (aka google.com) has an HTTP Service running on port 80
and a backend process that find user search keywords in a database and returns an HTML output of those URLs.

A common 'Server' for business is the Windows Server {2000, 2003, and now 2008).

The Windows Server(WS) can be configured to provide

1. a local DNS Service

2. a local DHCP service

3. an LDAP (or Active Directory Service)

4. and frequently an Exchange Server (for email)

Services 1+2 then control your company hardware network and service lookups.

Shared data is usually kept on the WS and accessed as Shared Directories.

The brute-force simple network just uses a system to contain the Shared Directories

and everyone just does his/her own thing (ie no domain.name and no email server {which doesn't look good or show much professionalism} ).

If Joe Doe jr, IT-Guy can't give you a stable WS, get another. This time ensure that
you get refunds of the monthly service fee for every hour of down time (if they balk at this, select another - - they're not too professional either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-our-office-network.164408/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi fellow service unknown status start failed or the Connection to dependency group computer junkies I can see a multitude of difficulties have been overcome by your group effort I hope you ve got another fix up your sleeves My laptop is years old HP COMPAQ C Notebook PC Vista Home Premium purchased with Intel Pentium Dual CPU T Ghz GB RAM bit OS My internet connection is normally T-Mobile USB Internet card Also connect WiFi with built in card Local Disk C NTFS GB Free GB Presario RP Disk D GB Free GB Pc tools spyware doctor w Antivirus Malwarebytes The first indication of a problem began with announcement that new Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start hardware had been found Knowing that I had installed nothing I blocked the new hardware attempt to connect Next day I found I could not reach the internet using T-mobile Among other things Windows Defender and Firewall were not operating I got a message quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to System Event Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start Notification Service This problem prevents limited users from logon on to the system As an administrator user you can review the system Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot Of course upon investigating I found I could not open Event Notification log Normally at a time like this I would reach for System Restore But I was informed no restore points were available With help from Brother-in-law Larry and using desktop with the T-mobile connection I was able to get online to find the fix to the problem I started in Safe Mode Clicked start search cmd right click ran as administrator typed quot netsh winsock reset quot enter and restarted Also ran sfc scannow That got rid of that problem Was then able to see Event Notification log But now new error quot Connection status unknown The dependency group failed to start quot I right clicked on that message got option to Diagnose and Repair Got message Network Diagnostics cannot run because Diagnostics Policy service is not running Clicked to open Service Control Manager SCM is in Management Console This opened Local Services which shows full pages of application descriptions status startup type and log on as I found Diagnostic Policy Service Properties set to startup automatic but service status is stopped I clicked start result was Error Access is denied Many other items are in same state When start attempted on some other applications Error was received also Some applications gave Error quot The dependency service or group failed to start I don t know if this is important but After being allowed to view Event Notification Log I looked at Security log which had as earliest date that was days ago Today the earliest date is I noticed several entries throughout from oldest to newest dates the entries were quot Special Logon quot with Special Privileges assigned to new logon On the oldest one it seemed to be given privileges which included among others I can t remember assign Primary token privilege Security Privilege Audit Privilege take ownership privilege TCB privilege load driver privilege backup privilege restore privilege debug privilege system environment privilege and Impersonate Privilege That s it for now bout all I know Send help please Bill Ellison nbsp

A:Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start

Shot in the Dark

Have you tried running MalwareBytes in safe mode? Do you have an antivirus on your computer? Sometimes Virus' know MBAM so you may want to change the name of the program before you run it.

My Computer Lady

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-status-unknown-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.164058/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello As stated in the title I get the quot Verifying DMI Pool Data DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT DISK AND PRESS ENTER quot This only happens when I have both cables going from board to harddrive to DVDroom The wide flat one IDE i think it is called doesn t change anything no matter if i change order or the cable itself The other one sata for power is the f ckup No matter what order its in he cannot be in the DVDroom at all because then i get the message and I cant Yes installation disk another attempt DVD boot about failure, but a driver figure Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt out where and how to change that cable for Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt a new since it goes into the giant box under forgotten its name Now I have searched long and hard for solutions Ive changed the order of boot countless times in any variation I could think of Note I do not have the disk my comp asks for also a problem I remember looong ago I had the same problem on my other stationary computer but that got fixed by wiggling the cables a bit This Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt time Im about to stress myself hairless over this All I want to do is to have a DVD-room its basic yet impossible gt gt gt Pls share your solutions the other sites been about other stuff like raid and sathio or something- makes me confused Here s some info System Intel R Core TM CPU GHz GHz bit windows Gb ram Motherboard GA-x -DQ ADVANCED BIOS FEAT First Hard Drive Second CD Room Third Disabled nbsp

A:Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt

It is spelled DVD ROM, DVD RAM or CD/DVD drive. Are both the DVD and the hard drive IDE (Big 40 wire flat cable)? If you can't boot with the DVD drive connected, check to see that both the IDE Hard drive and the IDE DVD drive's jumpers are set in the CS (cable select) position. You can set the IDE hard drive to (M)Master and the IDE DVD drive to (S)Slave. They can not be the same, except when setting to both drives to CS. The giant box is the power supply. You can buy Molex 4-pin to SATA power connectors...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yes-another-disk-boot-failure-but-about-a-dvd-driver-installation-attempt.163065/
Relevancy 22.36%

My home network consists of a 3com office connect and 2 PC connecting to it through wireless. In the 3com config, i can see the Internet IP address is 203.223.210.232 but i am not able to ping it from my office network.
The router actually connects to the socket provided by my building, so i havent really subscribed to any ISP. I don't know if this IP is real and can be accessible from outside. Or the issue is that the router just doens't repsond to my ping. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Cannot ping my 3com router from office

it looks like a external ip but it still could be internal only.
you buildings network could have ping or icmp disabled or disallowed..
i would assume that there is a router/ switch which distributes network access to everybody, managed by the building.

did you try an nslookup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-ping-my-3com-router-from-office.159981/
Relevancy 23.65%

Bit of a weird problem i try to send a file to my computer less than about 300kb it transfers fine any larger it fails. I try sending it through MyPhoneExplorer, it transfers all of it but my point is I some times need files from other people not just my own phone. Any ideas? I am on windows 7 home premieum 64 bit i do have a uknown device listed as "bluetooth peripheral device" with that yellow triangle.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bluetooth-file-transfer-failed.159627/
Relevancy 24.51%

My Seasonic S12 E+ 650W PSU failed suddenly this morning without warning with smoke sending the UPS into overload mode. After removing the supply and plugging into wall outlet it blew the circuit breaker as soon as I turned it on. It's two years old with a five year warranty.

1. Anyone had this happen?
2. What are the possibilities of damage to devices connected to the output?
3. Anyone dealt with the Seasonic RMA system? What is the turn around time?

A:Seasonic PSU failed big

I've never had a PSU bigger than 430 watts, and never had one go up in smoke. Since that's just my individual experience, I can't adequately answer for "anyone". Sorry

There's at least a 50/50 chance of the board or such being damaged, since what you're describing is a catastrophic failure. I'm sure that a big Seasonic PSU has circuit protection in place, just hope it didn't either break, or fail to kick in in time. And we're both aware that you won't know until you substitute another PSU anyway. A rhetorical question maybe?

This is a wild guess, but it would likely take at least a month round trip for an adjustment under warranty. Part of that is dependent on if you're shipping coast to coast, or fifty miles away. That could add, up to six days to the total.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/seasonic-psu-failed-big.158716/
Relevancy 23.65%

Ok so his power turned off randomly in his house because of some faulty kitchen appliance.

His computer started in safe mode and he thought it was broken so he started messing with services/startup.

Now he has no internet because in the network connections folder it says windows can't display any adapters and he doesn't know what he's done.

His internet in the house is still working because he has access on his blackberry it's just purely the access on his computer.

I'm nowhere near him and I'm on W7 not XP like he is and I can't really fix his problem but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about what he might have done?

In services I told him to check that Network Connections 'Netman' service was on but don't know what else to say.

Thanks for any help you can provide guys!

A:Friend's Internet failed - possible setting in Windows?

Try System Restore to a point before the power problem. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the old LAN/NIC driver through Add or Remove Programs and installing a fresh new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/friends-internet-failed-possible-setting-in-windows.158972/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I got a slingbox for Christmas and I need more ports.

I currently have 5 computers, a printer, Apple time capsule w/wi-fi AP, and a vonage box connected to a Netgear 8-port FVS318 connected to another Vonage box which is in turn connetced to my dsl modem.

So I'm looking to move to a 16 port router with some type of QoS support that I can prioritize the traffic from the vonage boxes so they don't cut out when I'm on the phone & transferring files or using my sling box.

I have been browsing around and I found Netgears FS116E but I'm not quite sure if this would be a good fit or quite how it would best fit into my network since it is a switch.

I have also been told I should look at a gigabit router.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

A:Upgrading home office network - need suggestions

Do you really need a 16 port router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-home-office-network-need-suggestions.158837/
Relevancy 24.51%

hello my name is kim and i am having major problems trying to play my sims games i keep Failed message getting a failed msg about direct x c blah blah blah so anyway i have jus upgraded to windows which comes with direct x so i am trying to figure out what the problem is i have read all the post on this website regarding the problem and have downloaded and followed every step i possibly can if someone can please help me fix this problem that i have never come across that would be great here is my computer info someSystem Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name ARICKIM-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Compaq Presario System Model PC A-ABA SR WM NA BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D Failed message retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Standard VGA Graphics Adapter Manufacturer Standard display types Chip type Intel r G GL GE GV Graphics Chip Accelerated VGA BIOS DAC type Failed message bit Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory n a Dedicated Memory n a Shared Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Monitor Id Native Mode Output Type Driver Name vga Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version unknown Driver Model unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E - - CF-D -C AADC CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name Unknown Rank Of Driver Unknown Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a D D Overlay n a DXVA-HD n a DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Speakers Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Description Realtek Digital Output Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback No Default Voice Playback No Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src No No I DL tm Listen Src No No Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Microphone Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture No Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFFFF Description Line In Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Capture No Default Voice Capture No Driver Name RTKVAC SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format... Read more

A:Failed message

Wow thats alot of system stats, but I'm gonna go for the obvious unfortunately, am I right in saying that Sims 2 is for an older operating system than Windows 7? if so, try compatability mode. I had a similar problem with an older version of a codec being needed, yet I had a newer one, and it wouldnt run the game. As soon as I ticked compatability mode and selected the OS the game was meant for, the games run perfectly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-message.158088/
Relevancy 21.93%

well i tried to install RAM into my Pc turned on and mi MSI mother board said there was something wrong whit the CMOS..so i choose use defult settings...after that i got a black screen whit a white "-' flashing and then nothing happend.

i turned of my pc and removed the new ram and reboot..

after the MSI motherboard logo appers y get the same black screen with the '-' flashing

i dont know what to do..i tried loading defult settings from BIOS and dint work

A:Black screen after RAM installation

I'm not trying to criticize, but it would be helpful if you could phrase your words better with proper spelling and punctuation.

So let me get this straight, you have a PC that ran normally. You decided to add more RAM, but when you did, the BIOS told you that there was a CMOS error. You reset to default settings and now there's a blinking dash and then a black screen. Thinking the new RAM was the problem (a logical deduction), you took the RAM out, but the same blinking dash to black is happening.

Is this correct?

Please put more information about your PC. More specifically the models of the components and the last stable boot you had.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-ram-installation.157895/
Relevancy 22.36%

I already have laptops, pocket PCs, mobile phones, and tablet PCs

A:What devices can you use for mobile computing in the office?

Need to describe What you NEED to do vs what you would like to do.

Have you ask the I.T. department about company standards/policies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-devices-can-you-use-for-mobile-computing-in-the-office.157797/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone,

I recently bought some components to upgrade my pc. These consist of a new cpu, motherboard, video card and psu.

The main issue I'm having is now in games my FPS is lower in games, and freezing even.

The cpu is - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Video card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Motherboard - Asus m4a785-m

Everything runs fine except for the frame rate and some flickering.

I've updated everything, or atleast thought I did.

Hopefully you guys can help, thanks so much!

A:New Installation - PC is worse!

Do you have your nvidia card selected as your display adapter? Thats the only thing I can think of? lol sorry if this is a stupid answer.

Or check your nvidia control panel to make sure your settings are set right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-installation-pc-is-worse.157634/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys,

Windows Vista 32-bit
AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core processor 6400 +
2gb ram
Nvidia Geforce 9600 GT

So I went to Nvidia and downloaded the latest driver, at the time it was 260.89 I believe and it failed, and so does the most current driver (260.99). But when I tried to download it my first time (260.89), it totally changed everything:

1. Now I can't play ANY games because it gives me error messages like "Unable to initialize renderer"
2. DxDiag only shows "N/A" next to basically everything under the Display tab.
3. The sleep option is now grayed out

Whenever I try to download the drivers again the Graphics Driver installation always fails.

So what the hell happened? Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Nvidia 260.99 graphics driver install failed

Hi Nohone welcome to Techspot,

have you tried doing a rollback on the graphics card? this will hopefully revert your drivers back to the origional setup. You can do this from the hardware setup OR via system restore and re-set your computer BACK to a date before you installed the drivers. This wont effect your personal files but MAY effect any new software you may have installed.

Also make sure you ahve downloaded the correct drivers for it i.e. the VISTA-32 bit drivers instead of the VISTA-64 bit drivers.

A link for the latest driver for your graphics card can be found here:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-32bit-260.99-whql-driver.html

Hope this helps
James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-260-99-graphics-driver-install-failed.155574/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Dell Dimension running XP SP I bought it used It only had a Western Digital GB IDE drive so i decided to upgrade I purchased a Western Digital GB IDE drive When i opened my case i saw that the ribbon only had one plug on it i e it did not have the Master and Slave plugs so i purchased a new IDE ribbon I put the existing hard drive on the Master plug and the new hard drive on the Slave plug I have also checked the jumper positions on the drives according to Wester Digital s website when starting up the computer does not recognize either hard drive BIOS says something like quot No bootup drives were found please insert boot disc and press F or press F to enter setup quot when i go into BIOS i have everything for the IDE drives set to AUTO Bios does not seem to be detecting the hard drives I am lost at this point if anybody can help me out it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Hard Drive Installation Problems, please help

First check that the 40GB drive, installed in the master position, (far end of the cable), will still boot, if installed by itself on the new cable.

If you intend to install the OS on the new drive, install it singly, and try using your restore discs to get up and running.

Many times when something like this happens, you need to attend to boot order, in the BIOS, "Boot Menu".

I don't know why "auto" drive mode need be set. If we're dealing with actual IDE drives, then IDE mode, (if it exists) should be set.

At the age of this machine, does the motherboard have SATA ports?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-installation-problems-please-help.155378/
Relevancy 23.65%

I just bought this re-conditioned emachine from tigerdirect.com and it has worked great...till about a week or so ago the monitor will not come on. i tried another monitor and nothing happened, and i put both monitors on older computer and worked just fine. i figured it is the onboard graphics card but i do not know what graphics card to buy that will fit and work properly. i have found some on ebay but do not know if they are compatible. I dont need anything super fast just want it to work same as the old one. It says it has NVIDIA GeForce 7050 Integrated. Thank you

A:Emachines ET1831-01 graphics failed

Looking at the newegg page for that item ( Emachines ET1831-01 ) it seems it has a PCI-Express x16 slot open.

So, any PCI-Express card would work, such as:
HD3450

Which is a decent card for regular stuff the 7050 would've taken care of, plus it'll do a decent job on video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-et1831-01-graphics-failed.155230/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok I am at the end of ideas I have a Compaq mini c netbook and cant for the LIFE of me figure out how to install xp onto it Ive tried many ideas and methods and cant get a single one to work The thing came installed with xp on it but all the crap that is pre loaded onto it ugh I hate buying premanufactured pc s The thing is slow now so I would like to start fresh I have a usb dvd drive and my xp home cd bluescreens when it tries to load my xp pro cd is fine but it says quot setup cannot find any hard drives installed in this pc quot I have tried using Nlite to integrate SATA drivers into the disk I have a feeling that the disk is to old to recognize the sata controller in the pc but the modified disk doesnt say quot press any key to boot from cd quot it just goes to normal windows load Windows does detect the drives but the pc is under powered intel atom ghz gig XP + Mini installation Compaq ram not gonna work so well eh I did xp s install through the current xp install but when I choose to boot quot windows xp home setup quot it says quot error reading from disk XP + Compaq Mini installation quot wtc do I do - - the tech support guy from hp said quot oh well to install an OS onto an hp computer you need to buy our special disk quot last ideas I have - trying to use Nlite again or connecting a floppy disk through USB to put the drivers on a floppy and load that nevermind I dont have a USB floppy gt gt Edit - Burned the img with ImgBurn rather than Nlite directly and it works Formatting the hard drive lets see how the install goes Case closed for now I think nbsp

A:XP + Compaq Mini installation

Uh oh, the thing bluescreens when booting. Booting into safemode doesnt change anything. What the heck happened?

Edit - I have a copy of Hiren's Boot CD - http://www.hirensbootcd.net/

I feel this will be instrumental in getting the laptop to work.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/141762-compaq-mini-110c-ris-install-bsod-after-install/ - Same stop error that I am getting, meaning the driver isnt installed. Thing is, i dont know how to install the driver manually and tell windows how to find it. Or would I have to create a whole new boot disk with Nlite?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-compaq-mini-installation.153157/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a VAIO VPC computer with Windows 7 operating system. I was installing the software for my Palm TX Organizer, and when it came to connecting the device to the computer, I received the message that the system was locating the drivers for the device and then informing me that no drivers were available. When I tried to sync the device through the palm program it will not recognize the presence of the device. I uninstalled and downloaded a new version of the program from the Palm website encountering the same situation when I connected the device to the computer.

I have also experienced this same situation with the installation of Tunes Plus to allow for the uploading of my iPod music onto iTunes on the computer, I continually get a device not present message.

Can anybody out there throw some light on this problem?

A:Program fails to recognize devices after installation

Windows doesn't need drivers to detect a Plug and Play device.

So forget about drivers for the moment....

1) You don't say how you connect the device to your compute. I'll guess USB???

2) Then start with the basics: Are you hearing the USB ding/dong sound affect as you should when connect / disconnect a USB device????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-fails-to-recognize-devices-after-installation.154050/
Relevancy 21.5%

Just installed a fresh copy of Windows Downloaded all updates and installed all of the latest drivers Everything seemed to work perfect I have one SATA drive for my data and two IDE CD amp DVD Both IDE drives worked fine Out of no were they disappeared off of my device list and they longer function The both flash during boot but then are no longer seen in bios or in Windows I was Windows longer no CD/DVD installation sees IDE of New 7 drives able to open up the case pull the power plugs out put them back in and then I was able to open close the drives but Windows still did not see them It is as if Windows is disabling them Please help Thanks Drive Setup SATA Master Gb Hard New installation of Windows 7 no longer sees IDE CD/DVD drives Drive - Windows IDE Master CD R W IDE Slave DVD R W BIOS SETTINGS Onchip SATA Controller Enabled Onchip SATA Type AHCI Other options available Native IDE amp RAID Onchip SATA Port Type As SATA Type Other options available IDE I ve switched the settings many times in an attempt to get the drives to be seen No luck nbsp

A:New installation of Windows 7 no longer sees IDE CD/DVD drives

Try this fix from MS:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-installation-of-windows-7-no-longer-sees-ide-cd-dvd-drives.153725/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey everyone, i have a problem with my sound card (probably). Ok here is the story .
I had windows xp he 2003 but my computer was full of some bugs and slower than ever so i decided to fromat my HDD.However my pc wouldn't boot the windows cd.So after making some "modifications" at the boot,ini file my pc wouldn't longer get into the windows. So i took a hitachi HDD from an acer aspire laptop that was broken(the laptop) and tryed to format this one.(The hitachi HDD had windows vista when on laptop) . So i now installed windows 7 ultimate and averything is just fine but one thing.I don't have sound, i tryied to download and install some drivers from realtek site but nothing happened.Pls give me any suggestions of what to do. oh and i forgot mention that i already tryied installing its own drivers.. but nothing.

A:Sound problem after Windows 7 installation

See if this might help Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards. Then let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-after-windows-7-installation.153425/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi All Recently my older Acer Aspire - notebook hard drive failed on me It s about yrs old Was running Vista Home I of course like an never burned the recovery media from the hard drive And it s just my luck that Acer no longer has the recovery media available They told me there was nothing recovery no hard media Acer longer failed... available? drive Aspire they could do for me and directed me to Microsoft My question is this I have Windows Vista home running on my Acer Aspire hard drive failed... recovery media no longer available? Desktop If I smack in a new hard drive in the notebook can I use the recovery media from the Desktop to reinstall the OS on the notebook If not do I have any other options I guess I could always run Ubuntu I know this is an older notebook not necessarily worth a lot but I d like to keep this running for my wife She uses it primarily for web surfing and she s hogging my laptop like crazy every since her s died Thanks in advance Frank nbsp

A:Acer Aspire hard drive failed... recovery media no longer available?

You can't legally used your Desktop's recovery media on your laptop (also because usually manufacturer's build such medium for a particular piece of hardware, with all drivers etc. pre-installed).

I think you can either choose to run Ubuntu or you can get one of those cheap OEM windows media from e.g. newegg. However, one draw back of this is, I believe you can't get any help from Microsoft directly, if you ever need it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-hard-drive-failed-recovery-media-no-longer-available.153073/
Relevancy 18.92%

I just reinstalled Windows XP professional (on my other computer), due to a viral disaster. I cannot access internet or email through that computer, but others using the router work fine. It says that the adapter card is working fine, but no IP address can be identified. I looked and found the driver installed, but could it be bad? The virus didn't impact the connection, but the re-install lost it. There is only the 1394.sys network connection. It lacks a "local area connection". I'll add more details as needed. Any suggestions? Thanks kindly. Let me know if I should be posting on a different forum.

Esoxfables

A:No Internet connection - "Failed to query TCP/IP settings of the connection"

Check device manager and see if there's a network adapter visible under Network Adapters, it may not have the driver installed for that device.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-internet-connection-failed-to-query-tcp-ip-settings-of-the-connection.152285/
Relevancy 22.79%

Sims 2 help?
I played Sims 2 yesterday and it was working. I have no expansions for The Sims 2. I do have downloaded content. I just don't know why whenever I startup the Sims 2 this message comes up "Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate."I did run dxdiag and I have X9.0c on my computer. Sims 2 is the only game I have on this computer so I made sure I had enough space. ​Help please!
I have tried cleaning the disk and taking off all of the downloadable content
Thank you!

A:Sims 2 failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter in this system

What graphics card do you have? Also, did you try to install the latest graphics driver available for you card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sims-2-failed-to-find-any-directx-9-0c-compatible-graphics-adapter-in-this-system.150870/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently had a drive fail in a Dell PowerEdge 2850 server in a RAID5 array. I finally got the replacement drive today and powered it down, took out the old drive and put in the new one(it was never setup for hot swappable drives). When I booted it back up I hit Ctrl + M to get into the RAID Manager, went to Rebuild, and was met with a second failed drive so now I can't rebuild anything. I've checked and double checked every connection, tried putting the old failed drive back in and I'm not having any luck. Is it possible that the second drive that failed was just holding on for dear life and then powering down killed it or is there something in the configuration that I'm missing? I've never had to replace a failed drive in a RAID before so any insight would be great.

A:RAID died while swapping out a failed drive?

Are you certain it is not a typical SATA error. Go to the webside of the drive builder and get their instructions for a clean SATA format...
You may have to start over to get things working properly ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-died-while-swapping-out-a-failed-drive.150782/
Relevancy 21.5%

How do i install or upgrade the memory of this printer??

A:Kyocera FS-C5100DN memory chip installation

Most Kyocera's use a special memory configuration. You gain access to the slot to it is beneath the top part of the case, usually on the right side... which sometimes has to be accessed by removing screw drivers. If it is accessible, there is a diagram or photo on the Kyocera website for each model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kyocera-fs-c5100dn-memory-chip-installation.149611/
Relevancy 23.65%

I know this has been all over the boards, but I cannot find a solution, I know there has to be one.

I have installed Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 for my son on my gaming machine (quad core 3.0 w/ 4gb Ram. I am running DX11 with an ATI 4850 (Windows 7). I have installed all the latest drivers (so that is not the problem) I have tried to force dx9 at startup (didn?t work), I have tried editing the option.txt (didn?t seem to work). I am not the most tech savvy guy, but this problem should not be happening. I way exceed all the hardware requirements for this software. This problem has been reported on this software before; by others?they seem to be having trouble with an old video card or bad drivers. Atari doesn?t seem to be monitoring their help forum?..Any ideas?

A:Failed to create direct3d divice

This game was designed for older operating systems before Windows 7 was released. Install the game patch and change the compatibility mode to Windows XP and see if it helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-create-direct3d-divice.148173/
Relevancy 21.93%

Formatted a machine at work because of hal.dll error and reinstalled windows - everything is ok now as it's working but when booting it asks me which windows I want to boot from, the new one which I've just installed or the previous one which still contains the hal.dll error.

I can't understand this because the format completed 100% and took a long time as well.

How do I get rid of it?
What did I do wrong?
Is this detrimental to the running of the computer?

A:Formatted C: - old installation of XP still apparant?

i'll answer your questions in reverse
Is this detrimental to the running of the computer? = NO
What did I do wrong? = NO IDEA
If you have more than one drive, you have possibly installed OS on another drive
Did you delete partition and create a new drive from RAW format or the originial boot.ini file is still going to be present.
How do I get rid of it?

There's a hidden file in the root of your boot drive that not many people know about, called "boot.ini". It controls what happens at boot time. In the past the thing to do was to edit this file manually, but that's no longer necessary.

Right click on My Computer, and select Properties. Now click on the Advanced tab. In a section labeled Startup and Recovery click on the button labeled Settings. You should now be looking at a dialog: refer attached

Click on Edit to edit the startup options file (aka boot.ini) manually. That should open Notepad with something similar to the following from my machine:

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

In this example, you can see that I have two options to choose from when I boot: Windows XP, and the Recovery Console. I'm guessing you have an additional line for theOS Setup that you had trouble with it. You can simply delete that line.

And if you're tired of having the computer wait 30 seconds for you to choose an operating system, you can also change the timeout value,

Save that file, and when you next reboot you should no longer have that additional option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-c-old-installation-of-xp-still-apparant.147666/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I don t really know in which category this belongs so I ve put it in General What is the problem My friend has a problem with his computer Everytime he tries to boot his PC the screen remains black and his computer beeps long short beeps after that it keeps repeating a short beep We searched on the internet for this beep code and found that it could be a RAM or EGA problem However it gives the same beep code without a videocard and we thought that it should just boot with the onboard chipset We also tried removing the RAM sticks by both or switching them without any luck When did it happen We were at a Lanparty with people at the time we were with and the th had yet to arrive When he did he plugged his laptop in and my friend s computer just died but all other PC s stayed on A thing to mention is that we were all plugged into the same socket And that socket was short 1 long 3 boot, to beeps and Failed not grounded His Hardware Videocard Ati Radeon HD MB Motherboard Asus P QL SE RAM x GB DDR Mhz unknown We would appreciate any help Marty nbsp

A:Failed to boot, 1 long and 3 short beeps

If you can, I'd suggest getting some more RAM and testing it.. If it's still giving you the 1 long and 2/3 short beeps then it could have blown your motherboard..

http://www.bioscentral.com/beepcodes/awardbeep.htm < Asus Award Beep Codes

Lists the 1 long 2 short as a video issue, and a continueing beep as a RAM issue, so if your getting both then I'd say either the boards gone and it can't read anything, or it just blew out both... I'd say it's best to get it tested at a shop where they have parts they can test on it.. Best of luck to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/failed-to-boot-1-long-and-3-short-beeps.146899/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network There are Router, - Office Network Small Modem, Switch RJ connections in every room which is cool these all feed into a -port patch panel which the last guys left behind Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes Q If our modem goes into a router and the router goes Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch into a switch box and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box will Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch this work We will be using one dedicated IP and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP So does Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch going through a router alleviate this Q Do patch panels have speed limitations Despite being entirely passive is it possible that the patch panel might only be Mbit I haven t bought the switch box yet so would like to know if there s any point going for Gbit over Mbit Couldn t see a model number on it unfortunately Thanks in advance Will nbsp

A:Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch

edanfalls said:

Hello,

I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network.

There are RJ45 connections in every room which is cool, these all feed into a 48-port patch panel which the last guys left behind.

Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet, our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes.

Q1). If our modem goes into a router, and the router goes into a switch box, and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box, will this work? We will be using one dedicated IP, and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box, each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP. So does going through a router alleviate this?Click to expand...

you are correct on both points. the issue is where does the DHCP service originate {the router or a Domain Controller[*]}?

Q2). Do patch panels have speed limitations? Despite being entirely passive, is it possible that the patch panel might only be 100Mbit? I haven't bought the switch box yet, so would like to know if there's any point going for 1Gbit over 100Mbit. Couldn't see a model number on it unfortunately.Click to expand...

No, the panel is entirely passive and therefore invisible to the network. Active components, eg routers & switches could be factors.
You are at that point of an investment and cudos to you for asking before diving in :wave:

This is the time to create a Gigabyte backbone and use 100mb client access to it (not GBit). This will ensure the whole network gets good service an not single client can dominate it. The sole exception I would make is to use a GB nic in every server system attached.

[*] Instead of using the router to provide DHCP, a better choice is the Domain Controller server (provided you use one ). You can then configure static addresses from one location and set the DHCP range in the same place. DHCP and DNS typically are from the same server, while Exchange and Active Directory are elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/small-office-network-modem-router-switch.146650/
Relevancy 21.93%

I ve looked through the forums and I ve seen several threads that address this issue but mine seems to be unique since the answers that worked for everyone else don Digital my Western book installation t work for me I hooked my new WD My Book Pro up to my PC but I can t get it Western Digital my book installation to show up anywhere that I can use it I shows up in my device manager and it also installed the WD Button in my task bar but when I left click on it the drive is grayed out I looked in my Disk Management section and it s not listed there I even did a hardware scan just in case There are a couple of things I noticed in my Device Manager First my C drive is located at and my nd internal drive D is located at My MyBook is located at Location Could it be interfering with my C drive somehow Do I need to mess with jumper settings on my SATA internal drives Second is when I click on properties for my MyBook then to the Volumes tab and hit populate I get the error quot VOLUME INFORMATION CANNOT BE FOUND THIS MAY HAPPEN IF THE DISK IS A OR ON A WIN MACHINE quot I am running WinXP Pro on a Dell E ANY help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance I have screenshots if you need them I just can t post them yet since I m a n b nbsp

A:Western Digital my book installation

It could be defective. Try it in another PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/western-digital-my-book-installation.145578/
Relevancy 20.64%

i just bought an nvidia Ge force 9400 gt and tried installing the drivers and i get an error message that says
(the nvidia setup program has detected that one or more Microsoft hardware installation wizards are active. do you want to continue with setup? click yes to minimize setup until you complete or cancel the other installation wizard(s). click no to exit setup.)
the installation wizard is trying to automatically install the hardware but if i go into control panel/administrative tools/plug and play and disable plug and play like i was told, the program says that there is no available graphics adapter but the original error message telling me other installation programs are running is gone. how am i supposed to install these drivers if windows is trying to install them with another program? How can i disable hardware install wizard so that it doesnt disable the graphics adapter PLEASE HELP!

A:Windows hardware installation manager overrides my Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT install

Follow these steps to install your new graphics card:

1. Download the latest drivers for your card. Clean all old video drivers from your system. You may use Driver Sweeper if you wish.
2. Shut your PC down and put the new GPU in the motherboard slot.
3. Start up the system and change your primary graphics adapter in BIOS to PCI-E (assuming you have a PCI-E card) or PCI / AGP.
4. After logging in to Windows just close the Hardware Installation Wizard when it comes up. Double click on the drivers you downloaded and it should be installed without any issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-hardware-installation-manager-overrides-my-nvidia-geforce-9400-gt-install.145908/
Relevancy 21.5%

Any build that I have done the case has been designed with the PSU top mounted. However, the latest trend has been cases with the PSU mounted on the bottom. I am looking at purchasing a new case for a new build and the PSU will be installed on the bottom.

What are the advantages? Anything to be aware of? Thanks.

A:Cases Designed for PSU Bottom Installation: Advantages?

Having built a few systems with bottom mount PSU's (including my own 800D and Lian Li's) I'd say the principle differences are:
1. Most modern bottom mount cases have divided interiors (thermal zones)- the "floor" of the main mobo compartment channels air to chipset/graphics card more efficiently.
2. Bottom mount provides better cable hiding and cable management (providing that there is sufficient room behind the motherboard tray and adequate cut-outs in the tray)
3. Centre of gravity is much lower
4. If the chassis has top mount fans then heat dispersal is good. A top mount PSU is ingesting warm air.
5. Most bottom mount chassis I've used have better clearance/less cluttered space above the motherboard tray, thus a better arrangement for larger aftermarket CPU coolers.
6. If watercooling, a roof mounted radiator is much more effective than a vertical mount-it will also make for a cleaner complete-in-chassis install -Assuming of course that the chassis roof is capable of accepting a rad.

That's about it.

BTW: If the bottom mount PSU chassis is a full tower then checking out the cable length for the motherboard 24 pin and EPS 12v on the PSU before final install could be an advantage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cases-designed-for-psu-bottom-installation-advantages.146030/
Relevancy 24.51%

I'm working with HP Pavilion 552x with OS XP. I had to buy a new PSU and it seems to be working fine. But when i start the computer all fans work but nothing else does. It doesn't recognize the monitor, had drive and CD drive or the floppy. It's basically dead! I visibly can't see anything out of sorts with the caps on the mother board a P4S-LA. And I pulled out the CPU to make sure it was set properly. When I turn on the computer I am unable to shut it down by holding the button in for 5 seconds (I held it longer) the only way to shut down is by the button on the PSU. I am dumb founded and in need of some real good help.

A:How can I tell if it is the MOBO or CPU that failed?

Any beeps? If not then the mobo was probably damaged by whatever killed the PSU. See it all the time at work.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-tell-if-it-is-the-mobo-or-cpu-that-failed.145091/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,
I have dell dimension 4600. I want this pc to connect my tv. my tv have s-video. so i bought Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440 64mb S-Video Card DVI AGP G0770. I fix the card in slot and start the system. now my monitor is not working. but i connected to tv.

when i remove the card from slot, now monitor working great.. I need both to work. because for watching movies only i go for tv. other works need to use monitor.

how to solve this issue.

please help me.

thanks in advance.

Nataraj

A:S-video installation problem in Dell Dimension 4600

Right-click on the desktop and select the Nvidia Control Panel. See if you can adjust the settings to allow you to watch TV and use the computer at the same time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/s-video-installation-problem-in-dell-dimension-4600.144739/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi,

Everytime I download something in RAR, I get CRC failed message while extracting. This was not occuring until I got a NETGEAR router. I've read that this problem can be caused by modems, so, how can I fix this?

Is it the router?

Thanks.

A:CRC Failed. Happens everytime

How is the router configured? Wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crc-failed-happens-everytime.143077/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, i've been bothered by this problem. Everytime i try to install ATI Radeon graphics card on my computer, it says "an unknown error occured. please restart ATI Catalyst Install Manager". I've been thinking where or what is the error. i've changed my OS thinking it will work if changed. By the way here's some question:

>is it possible to install ATI Radeon driver w/o it's card?

>can it be installed with an Intel 82945G graphics accelerator driver AGP?

here's my system specs:

RAM: 1016 Mb ram
Sound: Realtek high definition audio driver
Processor: 2 intel @ 3.00 Ghz processor
Directx: Directx10 prefix

please help me! i can't play the games i want Thanks a lot for the response
****************************************************************************************************
if someone could read this who is from the philippines contact me if you can help pls... here's my number > 09129110983

A:Big problem with ATI Radeon driver installation

You could try running Driver Sweeper and then installing the ATI drivers. See how that goes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/big-problem-with-ati-radeon-driver-installation.143005/
Relevancy 21.07%

my computer is put together from like a couple other computers but it runs internet and everything fine.
i just put a new graphics card in it but dont have the disk to install it.
when i have the card in the computer prior to turning on the computer the computer will turn on but nothing gets sent to the monitor unless the graphics card is out of the computer when i turn it on and put it in afterwards. the card gets power to it and everything but dont seem to be working.

if anyone can help me that would be super! i miss playing wow THANKS

A:WoW says "failed to find suitable display device exiting program" when I try to play

Hi

you answered your own question, you need the drivers for the card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wow-says-failed-to-find-suitable-display-device-exiting-program-when-i-try-to-play.142247/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hi
When trying to run The Sims 2 the following message appears:

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system!Please make sure you have a direct X9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

I am running a AMD Athlon XP3200+ with 512KB L2 cache and 400MHz FSB,1GB of DDR
256MB nvidia geforce FX5700LE graphics card

I would appreciate any help
Regards
Terry

A:The Sims 2: failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters!

Have you installed the latest detonators?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-sims-2-failed-to-find-any-directx-9-0c-compatible-graphics-adapters.40424/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello everyone

I need your to help install my sata 2 HD.
I have an Intel DQ35JO motherboard and i try to install a second HD Seagate 500gb Sata 2.
I have already a 80gb Sata1 drive My motherboard support only Sata1 HD but when i went to buy a second one at my local shop the salesman told me that i shouldn't have a problem at installation if i buy a Sata 2 Drive ( it should be recognized ). I installed it and when i boot my PC stuck and doesn't loading windows. I 've already tried to put a jumper at the disk but nothing happened. This is the second Sata 2 HD that i bought ( i thought that the first one was broken).

Does anyone knows why is this happening?

Thanks in advance

P.S Sorry for my english

A:Sata 2 HD installation problem

Model Number

Hi,

Can you post the model number of teh drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-2-hd-installation-problem.140905/
Relevancy 23.22%

windows xp pro failed to install correctly. How do I reformat new hard drive so I can start over?

A:Windows XP Pro failed to install correct how do I reformat new hard drive

Whenever you reinstall XP you get the opportunity to reformat the harddrive.
This may be of help http://tweakhound.com/xp/installxp/installXP1.htm
On the 4th blue screenshot when presented with your harddrive (partition) press "D" to delete the current partition, the harddrive then becomes "unpartitioned space" then press "C" to create the new partition- specify a partition size, or the whole drive, then highlight the 3rd option (as in the screenshot) "Format the partition using the NTFS file system"- depending on the Harddrive size it might take a while. Once it's finished you're formatted and you continue the install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-pro-failed-to-install-correct-how-do-i-reformat-new-hard-drive.140749/
Relevancy 24.08%

i bought some used memory from ebay recently. i purchased 2 used gb ddr ram sticks pc3200 for my old asus a7n8x delux. the original 512 stick works fine. ram voltage set at 2.6
with an athlon xp 2500 chip

i dont have another computer to test the ram.

one of the sticks will not allow the computer to boot up. i get the beep but the monitor wont turn on and i get no testing....just a black screen......with a voice from the internal speaker that says my memory test failed.

the other one will do the memory test but will not go past the test screen....

i reset the cmso to see if that would change anything, but it did not. i know asus a7n8x likes certain memory and they have a list......my 512 works fine......its not on the list

A:Memory upgrade failed

Most memory issues are related to defective or incompatible RAM. If you have narrowed it down to that chip and not a defective RAM slot, then its probably the chip.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-upgrade-failed.140543/
Relevancy 21.93%

I just got a new graphic card ATI Radeon HD Series I installed it but I think I forgot something When I opened my computer you have those strips black white The black one is where you put your graphic card right Well there was another thing on one of the white plugins Is that a graphic card and was I supposed to remove it Another problem is when I did put my graphic card in and update my drivers my sound all of the sudden stopped working I don t think I have a sound card unless the card on the white Graphics card installation help plugin is it but other than that the device manager lists -Audio Codecs -Legacy Audio Drivers -Legacy Video Capture Devices -Media Control Devices -USB Audio Devices -Video Codecs than when I check Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio it says I have nothing connected I normally use my Insignia Speakers which Graphics card installation help are correctly plugged in etc Blah I m not a computer wiz Thanks to anyone who helps nbsp

A:Graphics card installation help

Did you have a graphics card before, or were graphics integrated (part of the motherboard)? I assume by you saying you updated the drivers, your computer recoginized that you installed the card? Or did you possibly update drivers for integrated graphics & sound?

This card plugged into the white slot...is there a cable from your monitor to that card? Do you know what model your motherboard is?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-installation-help.140378/
Relevancy 24.08%

OK so I have a problem Connection Failed Enabled LAN - I Enabled LAN - Connection Failed ve found two other posts that seem to be fairly recent on having this problem also and no fix yet Problem LAN gets disabled and can not re-enable it Get error message saying quot Connection Failed quot Shortly after trying to enable it Links to other posts about it http forums whatthetech com Please HELP CONNECTION Enabled LAN - Connection Failed FAILED error t html http forums techguy org windows-xp -connection-failed-lan-connection html Currently trying to fix the problem myself but I am looking for outside help Will be posting on both of those forum s shortly after this post to redirect them to here so it can all be joined in post as well as by experts as it seems on this site a lot of people know what they are talking about Now what I am running on is a Toshiba Laptop running Windows XP SP writing this on another computer though as it has no internet I didn t actually disable my LAN I tried one cord and could not connect to the internet Unplugged it and plugged in another one and noticed it got Disabled tried to enable it and it got the same thing quot Connection Failed quot I went into the Device Manager and noticed that the Network Adapter was installed but when I double clicked it it said there quot No Drivers are installed for this device quot But the device does not have an Exclamation mark or an X or anything Device manager shows it is quot Installed quot but the properties say it isn t So I tried to update the driver it found the files and started to update but stalled it shows animation that it is still doing something but hangs on that just repeating the animation Like the other post said it hangs there when trying to uninstall it it hangs when trying to reinstall also Tried to get a driver from Toshiba s website downloaded put on USB flash drive plugged it into the laptop and the laptop does not notice the drive the USB flash drive lights up but no recognition by windows same symptoms as one of the posts above This does not seem to be a very EASY fix I checked all my services the right ones all seem to be on going to post this then check all bios settings Hard drive ram and all that have been tested good Going to post a redirct to this site from those two also Help is Very well apprectiated thanks in advance nbsp

A:Enabled LAN - Connection Failed

I've read the other sites replies back to you. Now let's do it this way..

1. Go here and follow this: method http://www.techspot.com/vb/post832889-2.html
2. On the laptop remove the drivers for wired and wireless then reboot the system
3. After windows restores the drivers
4. After doing step 1 attach the router back to the laptop using wired connection
5. Now setup the router with your cable modem
6. Test the connection and see if you connect?

Note if you don't connect there is a problem with the router and try updating the firmware for it. If you still have the same issue replace the router. Since wired connection is doing the same.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/enabled-lan-connection-failed.139840/
Relevancy 21.5%

A friend of mine brought me a fujitsu siemens laptop amilo pro with a Samsung Sata HM II hard drive that was not logging into windows xp I ve put it into a usb case and run a virus scan on it that cleared the virus and the disk was working properly When i logged in windows i ve notice so many spyware that i tried to format the drive immediately On my friends laptop the win xp installation disk wouldnt recognise any installation Windows drive my recognize cannot hard hard disks so i ve Windows installation cannot recognize my hard drive tried installing it on the drive as an external usb drive from my laptop The installation failed with a blue screen for hardware failure I bought a new hard drive Samsung SATA HM HI that i Windows installation cannot recognize my hard drive partitioned and formatted primary NTFS Neither XP or Windows installation recognize it i can work on it from my laptop as an external usb drive i ve Windows installation cannot recognize my hard drive run several diagnostic tools from my friends laptop with a boot cd and every software recognize it give me details scan it for errors The bios even recognize it I need to install an OS on it any ideas or suggestions i ve been working for a week on it its getting exhausting nbsp

A:Windows installation cannot recognize my hard drive

Is the hard drive seen in the bios? Is the SATA controller properly enabled and configured in the bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installation-cannot-recognize-my-hard-drive.138741/
Relevancy 21.07%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/