Windows Support Forum

Difference between office 365 office installation and office 2016 pro plus

Q: Difference between office 365 office installation and office 2016 pro plus

Are there any differences between office 365 home and office 2016 pro when you compared their installations of word, excel, power point and publisher?
For example, is Word from O365 the same as Word in Office 2016? Or does one have more options/features than the other?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440939-difference-between-office-365-office-installation-office-2016-pro-plus.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Difference between office 365 office installation and office 2016 pro plus

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 31.39%

According to the latest reports, AMD will skip the problematic 20nm manufacturing node for their next-generation 'Arctic Islands' GPUs, which the company is expected to launch in 2016. Instead, Arctic Islands will progress directly to 14nm FinFET in the hope...

Read more

A:AMD to reportedly skip 20nm entirely for its 2016 GPU family

Sounds like a good strategy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-to-reportedly-skip-20nm-entirely-for-its-2016-gpu-family.212286/
Relevancy 30.96%

AMD's roadmap for the next two years has leaked, and it's filled with information about what the company is planning for their desktop and mobile CPU and APU lines. While 2015 will see a mix of 32, 28 and 20nm chips,...

Read more

A:Leaked AMD roadmap suggests all 2016 APUs will be 14nm

If it beats the Bulldozer family by a solid 5-10% in video games plus media encoding with reasonable prices, I am going to use it for all my builds.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/leaked-amd-roadmap-suggests-all-2016-apus-will-be-14nm.212540/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi to all at Techspot. I'm not a techie but noticed that there was two kinds of memory, DDR3 and DDR5. My Question is,
What's the difference between DDR3 Memory and the Graphics DDR5 Memory and if the DDR5 is in anyway better then why is it not used for desktop computer memory instead of DDR3.
I know some apps are taking advantage of or utilizing graphics memory Thanks for any explanation

A:What's the difference between DDR3 memory and GDDR5 memory?

As far as I know, memories used on video cards have different characteristics than memories used on PC.. since this is beyond my knowledge, I'm sorry I can't explain much more in details.. Just wait for other members with deeper knowledge that can give some information regarding of this matter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-difference-between-ddr3-memory-and-gddr5-memory.186408/
Relevancy 26.66%

I was wondering what makes NVidia's quadro cards so much more expensive than even the high end gaming GPUs? I know there more for the "workstation" PC and are used more for 3d modeling and such with programs like 3ds max and maya but what exactly do these quadro cards have that the high end gaming GPUs don't? More cuda processors? Higher Memory bus width? The reason I am asking is because I recently purchased a GTX 780 SC and was thinking of getting into either 3ds max/maya in the near future. Would purchasing another GTX 780 and putting into sli configuration help with programs like max and maya? Thanks for the any help!

A:Difference between quadro cards and gaming cards

boagz said:

I was wondering what makes NVidia's quadro cards so much more expensive than even the high end gaming GPUs? I know there more for the "workstation" PC and are used more for 3d modeling and such with programs like 3ds max and maya but what exactly do these quadro cards have that the high end gaming GPUs don't? More cuda processors? Higher Memory bus width? The reason I am asking is because I recently purchased a GTX 780 SC and was thinking of getting into either 3ds max/maya in the near future. Would purchasing another GTX 780 and putting into sli configuration help with programs like max and maya? Thanks for the any help!Click to expand...

To answer your question, the Quaddro series of cards or FirePro for AMD are different from the gaming cards because they re-purpose the cards for straight up compute. The software included with them and drivers along with some additional features make them poor at gaming but better in the fields of compute/cuda dev/opencl/etc. Also those cards in most cases also cram more RAM than the standard card models for higher rendering among other things.

You will be fine with a 780 for the basics of 3DS max and maya and adding another would be somewhat beneficial later down the line but you can definitly use your superclock GTX 780 for this and get decent performance for these programs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-quadro-cards-and-gaming-cards.201208/
Relevancy 31.39%

Quick question.

I have two cheepo USB Bluetooth adapters for my Windows 7 PC. One is a tiny generic (thumbnail sized) micro adapter, the other a small "stick" made by Rocketfish.

Both adapters install and "claim" to detect my Bluetooth speaker (misidentifying it as a Bluetooth headset. I have no headset), but the speaker doesn't detect the PC (even when clicking the Discover button.) My cellphone sees my speaker, but it too DOESN'T see my PC.

Are all Bluetooth adapters the same and if my cheap adapters won't pair with anything, neither will an expensive one? Or might there be something else going on?

Thx.

A:Difference in Bluetooth adapters?

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager when either of the Bluetooth devices are installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-in-bluetooth-adapters.207449/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all Apologies in advance for such a long post I headaches + installation = hardware New Win7 don t know if I just have a corrupt New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches Windows Ultimate installation or what but this all started three weeks ago or so after installing new hardware specifically New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches motherboard Asus A M-A New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches processor AMD A K and RAM Kingston HyperX GB DDR Since I had the extra RAM slot I also put in one of the Aeneon XTune GB DDR I have from before the upgrade The sticker on it says it s but it shows up in BIOS POST as Since then I ve had the following problems Internet Unable to establish any connection at all when using the ethernet cable plugged into my Cisco Linksys EA Router I can connect wirelessly but that connection is lousy and I m not sure why especially since the router is only about feet from the computer To be fair the lousy wireless connection is something I was dealing with since before the hardware upgrade Windows reinstall which is why I finally gave up and bought a ethernet cable the computer used to be in a different room though on the same floor of the house The problem with being unable to get any type of connection when plugged in started after reinstalling Windows and then doing something like updates and then moving the PC to the new spot I made a point of moving the tower myself just so that I could be sure nothing happened to it so I know there was no physical damage done because of dropping or otherwise banging it around at all I ve checked the ethernet cable that runs from the modem to the router as well as the one and neither of them appear to be damaged at all I ve also tried plugging the one into all of the ports on the back of the router in the event that one of them just bit the dust somehow but nothing changed Any thoughts on how I can either get my wired connection working again or what might be making the wireless connection so horrible For clarification on quot horrible quot I m not talking dial-up speeds but some sites either load slowly or not at all sites that load up just fine on every other device in the house - specifically cell phones and iPod an Xbox a Wii and a laptop My connection to Battle net for playing WoW Starcraft II Diablo III is also pretty lag-tastic My NIC is an onboard Realtek GR PCIe Gigabit LAN controller according to the motherboard manual In terms of anything that may be interfering with the wireless signal there s a metal support post and a metal I-beam a few feet from where the router currently sits though it was previously or so feet from both Other than being in close proximity to those the room is wide open I was told that water can interfere with a wireless signal and we do have a lot of ground water under around the house can anyone verify whether ground water can degrade the signal so much over such a relatively small space Hard drive partition issues Until the upgrade when the computer just wouldn t boot presumably because Windows couldn t handle dealing with such big hardware changes all at once I had Windows installed on a partition on a TB Western Digital drive Since I had to reinstall anyway I installed Windows to a partition on a smaller but faster TB Seagate drive Up until this afternoon when I installed Seagate Discwizard one of the partitions on the big drive was inaccessible showing up in disk management and a couple of rd-party hard drive utility partitioning programs as simply quot unallocated space quot Since this afternoon though that partition is now showing up as a completely separate hard drive in disk management AND as quot unallocated space quot on the drive it s actually a part of I m a little leery of just leaving things as they are and using that partition since it s showing up different ways Discwizard only shows that partition as a separate drive there is no quot unallocated space quot showing on the TB drive Is this something I sh... Read more

A:New hardware + Win7 installation = headaches

Update: Wired connection issue is fixed. I have to (sheepishly) admit that I completely forgot to install the router via the CD that came with it. The lousy wireless performance is still a problem, though, as well as the hard drive/partition issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hardware-win7-installation-headaches.206345/
Relevancy 21.5%

My old hard drive was a sata drive but it failed so I had an old ide 80gb barracuda 7200rpm drive that I wanted to install windows on but when I load the windows installation and goto custom it wont show my drive. My bios detects it its just windows . I tried using diskpart and even formating the drive to ntfs witha complete whip but still no luck .

A:Windows installation can't detect my ide hard drive?

Perhaps the hard drive's jumper setting is incorrect. Are there any other IDE devices connected on the same cable as the HDD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installation-cant-detect-my-ide-hard-drive.192208/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have an old Acer Aspire m3100 desktop and the case to it is broken, I have another case for it but I do not have the installation manual to show me how to reconnect all of the connections from this other case. How can I get or find the diagram showing how to make all connections to this motherboard. I'm trying to restore this computer for my grandson? any help would be appreciated, I've tried contacting Acer but they won't help unless the computer is under warranty and their third-party support doesn't do hardware issues?? I also downloaded a manual from online but it doesn't show the right info.

A:Motherboard Installation manual

Check this is the right motherboard.

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2500#ov

The manual is available in the support and downloads section.

Case wiring is pretty standard in most cases (no pun intended). Any details you have about the case your switching to would be helpful.

Motherboards mostly have the names of sockets screen printed next to them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-installation-manual.205022/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all

We're about to get fibre connected to our office building and the installation team have told us they'll be running Cat 7 cables to each office so we need to source a compatible router. I didn't even know there was a Cat 7 until last week, so don't know what I need to get!

I've been looking at AC Wireless routers but I have no idea if Cat 7 is compatible with them. Does Cat 7 use the same terminals as Cat 5/5e/6? Will I be fine going for a standard router or do I require something more specific?

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Now looking for recommendations on suitable routers, see post 3 for details

A:Fibre Router for Office

Same connectors as 5/5e/6, so any router that would be suitable for your office on 5e/6 will be fine for 7.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fibre-router-for-office.203903/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey, today i just got a new 4gb memory stick to add to my computer, currently i have 2 2GB DDR3 1333 RAM sticks.(These were both Kingston Memory Sticks) I then added a 4gb DDR3 1333 Ram stick (Crosshair) to the motherboard and made sure they were firmly placed in and it was all fine, I then turn on the computer and find that the motherboard starts beeping once then two beeps after and the Screen is blank, and my mouse & keyboard aren't responding. My current OS is Windows 7 64 Bit, so i shouldn't have a problem installing new ram to my system...
I'm not sure if this is a problem with 2 different brands of sticks or what.. but the fans are running for my Graphics card (I don't have onboard graphics available)

Specs
AMD 1055t X6
ASUS M5A99XEVO Motherboard
ATI Radeon 5570
Kingston

Any help anyone? Thanks
-Joe

A:Problems with RAM installation

The motherboard does not like that 4GB module. Have you tried the 4GB by itself? If the 4GB module won't run the computer you'll have to stick with 2GB modules. How many memory slots are on the motherboard? ASUS motherboards are notorious for being very picky about memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-ram-installation.179890/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi All,
Firstly thanks for reading, I wanted to build a new system some time ago but circumstances have pretty much stopped that for now so I have decided to just update a few things in my old work horse starting with the hard drive, I have with your advice on an old thread purchased a Samsung SSD 840 along with W7 Pro 64bit. I assume I just unplug my existing drives and plug this one into sata 1 and install the OS ?? or do I, is there a procedure I need to be aware of first, I.e. bios settings etc ?
Thanks for any advice as I am a total noob with SSD's, it came with a disk also, do I need this ?
Cheers,
Lee.

A:First ssd installation procedure ?

You've got it right. Just make sure to enable AHCI mode in the BIOS.

And don't ever defrag it haha.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-ssd-installation-procedure.198432/
Relevancy 30.96%

I am currently searching for a new PC case for my next upgrade. I bought a Seidon 120M Liquid CPU cooler with 120mm fan that I plan to use. ($29 after rebate. Couldn't pass it up.)

One case I'm scouting already has a 200mm fan in the top, so I'd have to vent my radiator out the rear of the case. A larger/more-expensive case with clearance to mount both the radiator and still have a separate exhaust fan is also an option, but money is tight.

Quick question: Is there any cooling improvement mounting the radiator up top vs the rear?

A:Venting radiator - top vs back. Any difference?

Rear probably has better airflow.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/venting-radiator-top-vs-back-any-difference.195506/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,
Any help would be great.. I have just started a fresh copy of widows xp and during the installation setup my keyboard has stopped working... Got through entering the key but with 33 minutes remaining and stuck at the screen ( personalize your software ) thing have gone bad..I have no keyboard function and can only use a mouse when plugged in... Oh forgot to say its a Acer Aspire 3000 laptop.. Thanks in Advance

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-stop-work-on-xp-installation.194217/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have operated a small one man IT company for the last several years Most of my clients are small businesses Lawyers Chiropracters non-profits Right now I have several client offices that are upgrading up from Pentium systems and a few others that want to add basic desktop systems to their offices to act as counterparts to their mobile computers that they use primarily These offices generally are interested in low cost systems that can adequately and relatively speedily handle their basic operations web browsing word processing email database and CRM access etc Anyways I have generally not kept a large number of systems in stock before usually reselling systems that clients trade-in to other clients or just helping an office choose a good system off of newegg or geeks Since I have had so many requests for systems lately though I have decided to start actively buying systems office to Processor resell suggestions systems budget for I have over a decade of experience refurbishing systems so I decided to shop around for used systems to fix up but I have been having a hard time deciding Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell on a processor line generation brand to focus on I m considering the Intel Core Duo or a Turion or Athlon dual core Pentium D dual cores are very cheap but I know they are much slower than the core duos From their benchmark scores though it seems like a GHZ pentium d might be better than a Ghz core duo Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated in this regard My goal is to keep these systems under to sell and I don t need anything cutting edge nbsp

A:Processor suggestions for budget office systems to resell

I think a Pentium G2020 will bring you the best performance for $65. The AMD A4-5300 is another great choice for $55. I think the Pentium is probably the better choice because of the larger cache, but for web browsing, word processing, and basic activities, the AMD will be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-suggestions-for-budget-office-systems-to-resell.192622/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello At the office where I work one view to office network DVR Using card there are two different phone lines each of which has a DSL contract On Using one network card to view office DVR one of the lines there is a dsl modem router which has a dvr connected for the security cameras I use the other router to Using one network card to view office DVR connect to the internet and for the local network sharing files with colleagues When I view the security cameras over the internet Using one network card to view office DVR using the router I connect to the image is really delayed I want to connect to the DVR v a local network with one network card so that the image is not delayed and use the other network card for the file sharing and accessing the internet How can I do this without creating a conflict I e having my computer try to connect to the internet using the network card for the dvr In summary I want to use one network card exclusively to view the security cameras and another network card for the internet and file sharing I m using Windows Home Premium Any help would be appreciated nbsp

A:Using one network card to view office DVR

You should be fine as long as the Internet NIC is plugged in first. Your routing table will confirm you have done it correctly.

jobeard can expand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-one-network-card-to-view-office-dvr.193241/
Relevancy 31.39%

At a really high level what makes a GPU better at doing certain tasks than a CPU? For example Bitcoin mining and password cracking is better done with video cards and I'm wondering why is there that difference?

A:What is the difference between GPUs and CPUs?

Basically:
CPU : Small number of computation threads being undertaken at high speed (typically 3+GHz).
GPU : Large number of simple computation threads undertaken at a lower speed (typically ~1GHz)

Hashing is a relatively simple computation set and benefits from the higher number of concurrent instances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-difference-between-gpus-and-cpus.192885/
Relevancy 30.96%

Guys,Out of curiosity can u tell me How much % performance difference between 2X4GB 1333 and 1600mhz?Would its performance noticeable with this type of rig
PRO:i5 3470
GPU:7850 2gb and also in 7770
Monitor 18.5 led
as I m a normal gamer.will I notice it in my gaming time?will % increase if ram size gets big such as 32GB or 16GB?
Sorry for BAD ENGLISH

A:How much % performance difference between 8GB 1333 and 1600MHz RAM?

You will see no difference when gaming or doing general computing tasks.

as I m a normal gamer.will I notice it in my gaming time?will % increase if ram size gets big such as 32GB or 16GB?Click to expand...

Will have to elaborate a bit on what you mean. I don't particularly understand what you saying here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-much-performance-difference-between-8gb-1333-and-1600mhz-ram.190980/
Relevancy 22.36%

So I bought a new CPU installation problems CPU an AMD Phenom II x socket AM absolutely not AM which I read was compatible with my AM socket GA-MA X-UD P a Gigabyte brand board So I tried installing it and when it booted up it got to the BIOS boot screen CPU installation problems I think its called a Post screen and it either sits there or restarts itself in perpetuity I let it sit there doing that for about minutes to see what the problem is and it seems that particular CPU was only compatible after a BIOS update So I throw the old CPU back in download atBios and the update install put the new CPU back in but it hasn t really made a difference at all still sits at the BIOS boot atBios says the BIOS is up-to-date and there isn t anywhere in the BIOS itself to confirm that so the mobo and CPU should be friendly with eachother I want to know if there are any other factors I need to know or I ve skipped when doing this I thought it was a simple process of swapping them in and out but if there s more to it or my computer isn t up to scratch in some way I was hoping for some answers and maybe a solution Other specs Windows Pro x w PSU Gbs of Mhz DDR Corsair RAM Nvidia GTX My old CPU which I have running is an Athlon x Thanks in advance nbsp

A:CPU installation problems

You may have to upgrade your power supply to 650 watts or so...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-installation-problems.188722/
Relevancy 31.82%

Hi guys,

So im wondering what is the best between these two cards. Reason being, I ordered the Radeon HD7770 and it came with the ghost xfx one instead.

I recieved this one: http://www.ulmart.ru/goods/352079/?head=1

but I ordered this one : http://www.techspot.com/products/g [...] cie.83680/
This is ok if the ghost one is better but if they have sent me a cheaper model I'm gonna write a strongly worded email.
Thanks alot.

Jon

A:Difference between these two HD 7770s?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/371761-33-whats-777a-znfm-radeon-7770

Sorry but I don't know how to compare multiple languages.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-these-two-hd-7770s.185836/
Relevancy 30.96%

Alright, so I'm currently tied between the Samsung 830 512 GB and the Crucial M4 512 GB SSD's, and after lots of review reading and internet research I came to the conclusion that the 830 is overall the better drive. The Crucial M4 however is available for me for ~520$ while the 830 goes for ~650$

Now if it was only for the speed difference I'd certainly go with the M4 but seeing as it is a rather old model and the 830 is considered to be the more reliable of the two I just can't make up my mind if it's really worth the price difference. Any help?

A:Samsung 830 vs Crucial M4 at this price difference?

I should also tell you specifically that I also want to look at how the drive would stand in say 4 years because that's about the minimum I want to get out of it. That's the main reason that puts me off the older and supposedly a little less reliable Crucial M4, but I just can't decide if 130$ is really what the difference is worth...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-830-vs-crucial-m4-at-this-price-difference.182606/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, again. I recently got a new hard drive called WD (Western Drive) Scorpio 1TB. So, I set it up and stuff on the back of the computer. As flip it over and and turn on the laptop I want to hopefully see a good sign. Rather, I see nothing with a Black screen and annoying 'Beeping' sounds! I tried many times to put the windows 7 disk in and it would not work and go back to the black screen and beeping noises. Please, help!

Reference:
Model : Dell Inspiron N5030
Hardrive : WD Scorpio Blue 1tb / 8 Ram / 5400 RPM

A:New hard drive installation failure

Perhaps it isn't the hd that needed replacing.

(need some background/details before any real help can be given)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hard-drive-installation-failure.181795/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi all So the situation is thus we are looking into getting a new office NAS server? for server for our office currently all individual desktops and laptops and have been given a quote that has come in considerably higher than we d anticipated Part of this is due to the addition of a tape auto-loader as a backup device which is coming in at including tapes The benefits we ve been given for this are tapes being more robust especially if being take off NAS for office server? site and more secure than hard drives but I have a concern at how accessible the data is should we need to resort to accessing the backup This got me to thinking would a NAS device or multiple with hot-swappable drives used in a similar way provide the same functionality as the auto-loader but at a much cheaper cost And if so what would people recommend for this I am fairly well versed on consumer devices from the likes of Synology and we already have a Lacie NAS in the office for general file storage though it s not been that relaible but I have no experience with multiple bay hot-swappable models Is there a particular brand I should look at that offer more commercial devices or would a -bay Synology be fine Thanks in advance grinthumb nbsp

A:NAS for office server?

You are into the area of planning called "Business Continuation"; how do you continue
when there are different levels of failure?

Consider (list in order of difficulty):

drive or system fails
building becomes unusable (fire / floor/ storm)
city takes a tornado / hurricane hit
county / state looses power

In addition, tapes per se are frail media and for long term storage, need humidity and temp controlled storage - - and regardless, the magnetic info degrades and/or 'imprints' from one layer adjcent to another. We saw this with IBM and tapes stored at Iron Mountain.

Local backups (ie store onsite) work well for all variations of (1) and off-site storage
only delays the recovery time.

(2) will likely wipeout all local backups (tape or otherwise) and is why off-site is necessary.

(3+4) makes the point that off-site storage is viable ONLY when it is outside the area of the disaster.

IMO, tape is a dead media - - what a mess if you need to use a backup set and find that after mounting several tapes in a restore you find that the nTH tape is unreadable :OUCH:

a) you ask the right question; which NAS systems are most reliable?
Google for "review scsi nas with hotswap".

b) get a SCSI enclosure with several bays and implement Raid-1 (mirrored)
with auto-rebuild to avoid hard stopping the system while a new drive is brought online.

c) determine the degree of effort to recover 'lost data'. It is impractical to take
a drive offline every day, so what period can you tolerate between HD rotations?
(suggest one per week + one per month = 8 drive in rotation pool).
Then keep last weeks drive local and all else offsite.

my $0.02

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nas-for-office-server.178981/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi somebody can help me ? when i try to install soundmax appears
The audio driver files do not support your computer hardware
Note: if you uninstalled audio software without restarting your PC restart now then run this setup again.
But this driver i had it before reboot my pc and now it doesnt work.
My audio is integrated in motherboard and the motherboard is asus p5lo2.
Thanks!!

A:SoundMax installation error

Download this driver - the blue download button.
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SO...us-Realtek-ALC882-Audio-Driver-51005125.shtml

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/soundmax-installation-error.178195/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hi guys,

I tried searching this topic on the web and on this forum but without much satisfaction. I'm currently working on putting a new build together for myself. As a result of that, I'm finding myself not knowing how my MOBO choice will affect my FPS performance. I am aware that high end MOBOs are built for better overclocking performance, but if I won't overclock or only overclock a little, how much FPS gain will I experience from choosing the higher end MOBO?

I'm specifically looking at the ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 & the ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3.
The motherboard is going to be paired with an AMD Radeon HD 7970. From what I have read online, there is only a 2-3% performance increase with higher end MOBOs.

Any input?

Cheers

baN

A:Performance difference between mid-range and high-end mobos

It's not performance per se, but the quality of components ie. transistors, connectors, headers, overall quality etc....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/performance-difference-between-mid-range-and-high-end-mobos.175173/
Relevancy 31.82%

Why is one more than the other?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150521
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150561

A:What is the difference between these two GPUs?

one is the duel fan model the other is the single fan model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-difference-between-these-two-gpus.176447/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a GF a mobo I bought installation Details issue. inside. RAM some ram a while back and recently one of the sticks kinda stopped working so I sent for a replacement During that time I had gig sticks of ram in this mother board working fine Today I got my replacement stick from kingston and I put it in the th slot and went to boot the computer It would start up but no display on the screen and none of my usb hardware mouse keyboard would come on I removed the stick went back to my old RAM installation issue. Details inside. configuration and got the same issue Finally I started changing how many sticks I RAM installation issue. Details inside. had in what configuration and found that if I had only sticks in the computer would start fine no matter which sticks were in But as soon as I go to add a rd stick of RAM no matter which stick it is I would get the same issue as above Computer starts but no display or USB What could this problem be nbsp

A:RAM installation issue. Details inside.

What OS are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-installation-issue-details-inside.176029/
Relevancy 21.93%

So I ordered parts for my first-time PC build and unfortunately my liquid cooling unit is arriving last now I assume my PC will run fine without it as long as I don t overclock is there any reason why I installation cooler help Liquid should wait before building Liquid cooler installation help it I do plan on overclocking then although I need help doing that as well Also all the guides about building a PC I looked at made no mention of additional cooling units so I was hoping someone could point me to one or advise me Here is my build and I bolded the cooling unit I am getting Mushkin Enhanced Chronos Deluxe MKNSSDCR GB-DX quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Western Digital Caviar Black WD AALX GB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive Corsair Carbide Series R Black Steel structure with molded ABS plastic accent pieces ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ASUS P Z -V PRO GEN LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS XFX HD- X-CNDC Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC HP X Multiformat DVD Burner Black SATA Model i LightScribe Support CORSAIR H CWCH Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX V W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply nbsp

A:Liquid cooler installation help

CPU gets hot while it's running, even when it's not over-clocked. You can use the stock cooler until the H100 arrives. Before replacing the stock cooler w/ the Corsair, you'll need to remove residual thermal compound on the CPU. Looks like the H100 has thermal compound pre-applied.

There's a brief installation video on Corsair's site, have you checked it out?
http://www.corsair.com/hydro-series-h100-extreme-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/liquid-cooler-installation-help.174877/
Relevancy 22.36%

Upon dismantling my laptop I discover that the cpu is pasted to a copperish sheet which is in turn attached to the underside of the fan housing. I'm assuming the three pieces are connected with thermal paste.
I am having trouble reseating the cpu while attached to the fan so I wanted to dismantle it and seat it and reattach to fan housing with thermal paste.
Am I on target here with my thought processes or is there something tricky in this manuevering I am overlooking or ignorant of?

A:PCG-FRV37 CPU installation

Vaio PCG_FRV37 cpu fan

So do I pry up these cpu and copper heat sink or just slowly drop alcohol to loosen the compound? On the reverse side to reseat the cpu since the pins were bent on removal ( not expecting this type of setup) I have to try and straighten the pins...sink the cpu and then layer the compound, heat sink, compound then fan housing on top. Am I on track here? I've attached a pic of the fan. I could just sometimes kick these designers that make it more difficult for us....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pcg-frv37-cpu-installation.174707/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello all,

Please feel free to comment on this hardware list.
Use : as above in title
No: O/C,SLI,Crossfire,movie downloads,on line games, etc.
Have: 1440x900 flat screen,mouse,keyboard,speakers
Budget;< $600

Thanks in advance for your kind input.

ASUS P8H61-M LE/CSM H61 DDR3 LGA1155 mATX PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 PCI VGA DVI B3 Motherboard

Intel Pentium Dual Core G620 Processor LGA1155 2.6GHZ 3MB Retail Box

Powercolor Radeon HD 6770 850MHZ 1GB 4.8GHZ GDDR5 DVI HDMI VGA PCI-E Video Card

Kingston 4GB Kit 2X2GB 1333MHz DDR3 240PIN DIMM Unbuffered CL9 1.5V Memory Kit

Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM 3.5IN SATA Internal Hard Drive OEM

LG GH22NS70 Super Multi 22X SATA DVD Writer Black OEM

Coolermaster Elite 370 Black Mid Tower ATX Case 3X5.25 1X3.5 5X3.5INT No PS

Corsair Builder Series CMPSU-430CXV2 430W ATX Power Supply Active PFC 120MM Fan

A:Budget new build for home/office/casual gaming

Nice build

The Radeon HD 6770 has a requirement of "450 Watt or greater power supply"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/budget-new-build-for-home-office-casual-gaming.174536/
Relevancy 23.65%

I'm asking this question because I have been looking forward to buy a new graphics card, I'm a new ,and I don't even know if you can connect a graphics card to a PCI, instead of the AGP slot? thanks!

A:What's the difference between PCI Express x1 and PCI Express x16

you can use regular pci but agp is faster and x16 is the fastest bar none

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-difference-between-pci-express-x1-and-pci-express-x16.174878/
Relevancy 30.96%

Hello All,
I am looking to buy a flash drive, I have USB3 on my pc and i have seen some flashdrives that are USB3, is there a major difference between USB2 and USB3?
Thank you for your help.
Jon

A:Major difference between USB 2.0 and 3.0 flash drives?

andoyan said:

Hello All,
I am looking to buy a flash drive, I have USB3 on my pc and i have seen some flashdrives that are USB3, is there a major difference between USB2 and USB3?
Thank you for your help.
JonClick to expand...

They're 10x faster it seems.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-difference-between-usb-2-0-and-3-0-flash-drives.174749/
Relevancy 66.65%

Not sure if this belongs here or on the networking board. Anyway...
We have a network of about 20 pcs. I recently installed four new machines that run Windows 7 with Office 2010. The server is running Server 2003. Three of the machines worked perfectly from the beginning, accessing the server and sharing folders and files. One machine will only open files in "read only" mode. I have shared all the folders and given every permission there is but it will only open the files in "read only". It is a critical accounting machine that has to share and change files. What am I missing?

A:Sharing folders and files in Office 2010

hmm; your wording is imprecise so need to make sure what you mean,

Office 2010 can not be shared other than the Calendar events and that's not done
via "sharing".

You don't state the application that is sharing the common file on the server,
but I assume some accounting system installed on multiple client systems are attempting
concurrent access to the same accounting data.

You don't say if this has ever worked before with this setup or if this is the initial install for the Sharing of the accounting data.

First action is to access that file by only one system at a time (ie: disconnect the mapped Drive letter) and get that working.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sharing-folders-and-files-in-office-2010.174216/
Relevancy 30.96%

hi. is there any difference beetween chassis fan (chas_1)
and power fan (pwr_1) headers ? and if both are 3 pin

A:Chassis fan -- difference between chas_1 and pwr_1?

More information is needed. Different motherboard manufacturers print their circuit boards differently. What kind of motherboard is it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/chassis-fan-difference-between-chas_1-and-pwr_1.174118/
Relevancy 31.39%

I'm new to the world of pc gaming, but I needed a good system to run fsx on without breaking the bank. at the moment, I run fsx on this system:
AMD Phenom II X6 1045t 2.7ghz
ATI Radeon HD 5770 1gb GDDR5
8gb ram
1tb hard drive
Windows 7 home premium
(resolution: 1360x768)

i get around 25-50fps depending on the weather and the aircraft, and the settings aren't all maxed out.
is there any point in overclocking? or could someone suggest optimum settings which give smooth flight and the best graphics possible? thanks

A:Is overclocking going to make much difference to my fps on FSX?

You very well may gain a few FPS by OC'ing. FSX is one of those odd games that is extremely CPU dependent (don't ask me why) :rolleyes: FSX is usually fairly fluid @ 25 FPS, so if you OC your PII x6 up to 3.7Ghz , you may be able to get the next level of settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-overclocking-going-to-make-much-difference-to-my-fps-on-fsx.172854/
Relevancy 27.09%

I'm just learning about buses and it's my understanding that the system bus combined the data bus, address bus and control bus. According to wikipedia the system bus isn't used any more and the front side bus is popular. I don't really understand, what is a front side bus?

A:What's the difference between the system bus design and front-side bus design?

Front-side_bus
Google is your friend... really!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-difference-between-the-system-bus-design-and-front-side-bus-design.170828/
Relevancy 30.53%

Can anyone tell me the difference between the ASUS gaming laptops G73SW-XT1 and G73SW-XN2?

Thinking about buying one, and appreciate any info!

~Wes

links to the two are here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...ckTab=true&Keywords=(keywords)#scrollFullInfo

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=7124324&CatId=4938

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-in-asus-g73sw-gaming-laptops.171670/
Relevancy 20.64%

I recently bought a video card and installed it into my computer However every time I try to install the software I get this card - video error installation driver display standard with VGA Setup message Setup was unable to complete the installation Try to setup your display adapter with a standard VGA driver before running setup Click to expand I m completely confused because I m using a standard VGA driver Windows automatically installed it after I disabled my integrated graphics I can t figure this problem out and get the video card to work on my computer so any tips would be hugely appreciated Video Card Info Video card Visiontek Radeon Video Card MB PCI w DVI Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error TV-OUT from TigerDirect ca tigerdirect com applications SearchTools item-details asp EdpNo amp CatId Software VisionTek Radeon ATI System Info Windows Manufacturer Acer Processor AMD Athlon tm Processor LE- GHz Installed memory RAM GB MB usable System type -bit Operating System Screenshots Installation error message i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer atiproblem jpg Device manager i photobucket com albums g wandering alice Computer Devicemanager- jpg nbsp

A:Setup display with standard VGA driver - video card installation error

You went into your BIOS and disabled the integrated graphics? Um you might try a free program like Driver Sweeper to remove whatever remains of the old video drivers. For some reason the new video driver installer does not see your new video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setup-display-with-standard-vga-driver-video-card-installation-error.170188/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi all i have what porbably are dumb questions but i need clarification all the same please i just bought a XFX HD GPU upon your recomendation and was wondering if i should uninstall all the nVidia stuff in add and remove except the driver before i remove the card or just remove the card install my new one then uninstall the nvidia stuff I have a spare gigabyte GT GPU which i would like to give to my dad as he has an old Pack-Bell iMedia which he uses in the lounge to watch Uninstall for installation? drivers fresh GPU films on and browse the net Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation? The PSU in this old machine is only a watt and the GT reqiures a w minimum but as he wont be playing games or doing any photo editing etc only watching mp films would the PSU still power it reason i ask is it has a HDMI connection and his stock card is the old blue pin plug so i thought is would get a better pic using my new card also the GT is mb and the stock one is only mb Your thoughts please Thanks Lee nbsp

A:Uninstall drivers for fresh GPU installation?

1. Yes, you can remove all the Nvidia components through Add/Remove, although it's probably easier to download a utility such as Driver Sweeper which will remove the driver, PhysX, HD audio, Update etc in one move... Just remember that the system will likely revert to a lower VGA (640 x 480) screen resolution.
You can then power down, replace the card and install the driver/catalyst control centre etc.
Once you're up and running it would pay to bring up the Device Manager, click the "View" tab and check "Show hidden devices", then expand the "Display adapters" heading. If your previous card shows up -right click and select uninstall.

2. You say that your dad's computer is an "old Pack-Bell..". Power supplies gradually lose their effective output over time as components in the power supply wear, so his 250w PSU is likely much less. The GT210 isn't a power hog by any means (30.5w max) but picking up a suitable (and relatively cheap) PSU might be a good investment in any case, especially if the computer/PSU are 5+ years old.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uninstall-drivers-for-fresh-gpu-installation.170189/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have been looking at many articles and some say FX 8150 and some say FX 8150P

What is the difference between these two?

Thanks

A:AMD FX: Difference between a FX 8150P and a FX 8150

Theres not a huge amount of difference between the two, the FX 8150P is an unlocked version so like the Intel I7 990X is compared to the I7 990

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-fx-difference-between-a-fx-8150p-and-a-fx-8150.169236/
Relevancy 21.5%

I had to recently install a new hard drive into a computer. The graphics card is a Radeon HD 3650 and I have been looking for drivers for it. Since the person who originally bought the card threw the box with the disc away i had to download the drivers and installation from online. I downloaded all the drivers and catalyst and when i go to install the products it appears to install and even says finished but when i look it doesnt seem to actually install anything at all even on a restart. The catalyst control center doesnt show up on my start menu and the graphics card still appears as uninstalled in the device manager. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is or how to fix it?

A:Radeon HD 3650 driver installation problems

Where did you download the drivers from?

If you haven't, get them from www.amd.com or www.amd.co.uk

Be sure to select express install during installation.

But before you try it again, remove the previous drivers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-3650-driver-installation-problems.168822/
Relevancy 30.53%

Hello,

I would like to know if there is big performance difference between the two GPUs.
I am looking for a cheaper GPU and in my country there is a 100 Euros difference. I am just asking if the hd 6950 is worth the extra 100 Euros.

Thanks in advance.

A:Radeon HD 6870 vs. 6950. Is there a big performance difference?

Here's a comparision of the two cards using AnandTech's benchmark feature.

HD6950 vs HD6870

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-6870-vs-6950-is-there-a-big-performance-difference.167978/
Relevancy 31.39%

hello all,
Can someone explain what is the difference between this two processor, one is more money than the other!
Intel Core i5-2500 Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500 Price $209.99

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K Price $224.99

thank you for all your help.
Jon

A:What is the difference between i5-2500 and i5-2500K

Not sure unless you give an exact link, instead of copying the text.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-difference-between-i5-2500-and-i5-2500k.164512/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, firstly I have a working knowledge of home computers and have been asked to sort out our computers in the office.

At the moment we have 3 desktops and two laptops running off of a server. The problem is the server keeps crashing and we can't access any emails or the shared drive we all use to store company information. We are getting fed up with the IT company we contract to sort out our computer needs. I was wondering if we even need a network server - would it be reasonable in the short term to just have a networked hard drive or two that we can all access. Could someone explain to me in simple terms what the benefit of a server is ?
I will say this is a new company and our IT needs may increase rapidly in the near future.

Thanks

A:Advice for our office network

A server is just another system, specially configured, to run Services and store common data.

A WEB server (aka google.com) has an HTTP Service running on port 80
and a backend process that find user search keywords in a database and returns an HTML output of those URLs.

A common 'Server' for business is the Windows Server {2000, 2003, and now 2008).

The Windows Server(WS) can be configured to provide

1. a local DNS Service

2. a local DHCP service

3. an LDAP (or Active Directory Service)

4. and frequently an Exchange Server (for email)

Services 1+2 then control your company hardware network and service lookups.

Shared data is usually kept on the WS and accessed as Shared Directories.

The brute-force simple network just uses a system to contain the Shared Directories

and everyone just does his/her own thing (ie no domain.name and no email server {which doesn't look good or show much professionalism} ).

If Joe Doe jr, IT-Guy can't give you a stable WS, get another. This time ensure that
you get refunds of the monthly service fee for every hour of down time (if they balk at this, select another - - they're not too professional either).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-for-our-office-network.164408/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hello As stated in the title I get the quot Verifying DMI Pool Data DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT DISK AND PRESS ENTER quot This only happens when I have both cables going from board to harddrive to DVDroom The wide flat one IDE i think it is called doesn t change anything no matter if i change order or the cable itself The other one sata for power is the f ckup No matter what order its in he cannot be in the DVDroom at all because then i get the message and I cant Yes installation disk another attempt DVD boot about failure, but a driver figure Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt out where and how to change that cable for Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt a new since it goes into the giant box under forgotten its name Now I have searched long and hard for solutions Ive changed the order of boot countless times in any variation I could think of Note I do not have the disk my comp asks for also a problem I remember looong ago I had the same problem on my other stationary computer but that got fixed by wiggling the cables a bit This Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt time Im about to stress myself hairless over this All I want to do is to have a DVD-room its basic yet impossible gt gt gt Pls share your solutions the other sites been about other stuff like raid and sathio or something- makes me confused Here s some info System Intel R Core TM CPU GHz GHz bit windows Gb ram Motherboard GA-x -DQ ADVANCED BIOS FEAT First Hard Drive Second CD Room Third Disabled nbsp

A:Yes another disk boot failure, but about a DVD driver installation attempt

It is spelled DVD ROM, DVD RAM or CD/DVD drive. Are both the DVD and the hard drive IDE (Big 40 wire flat cable)? If you can't boot with the DVD drive connected, check to see that both the IDE Hard drive and the IDE DVD drive's jumpers are set in the CS (cable select) position. You can set the IDE hard drive to (M)Master and the IDE DVD drive to (S)Slave. They can not be the same, except when setting to both drives to CS. The giant box is the power supply. You can buy Molex 4-pin to SATA power connectors...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yes-another-disk-boot-failure-but-about-a-dvd-driver-installation-attempt.163065/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a few computers and the CPU on all of them are a little different I m not sure what getting a better CPU would even do I always thought RAM made the computer go faster What does CPU do different than RAM Heres some of my CPU specs Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz GHz GB RAM lt --------------Whats the Why didnt the others show it Intel Pentium CPU GHz GHz GB RAM Intel Celeron D CPU GHz lt -- Has like MB RAM Id really like to know the difference between different CPUs and how it helps me I don t understand alot of the numbers I see I think what it means by Gigahertz how fast it is but idk what its doing at that speed i just know the speed I need an explanation and I cant seem to find one I can understand anywhere Also Whats the difference in duel core triple core and quad core And the difference in the Pentium Celeron difference another? the in one What's compared using to processor and whatever else there is out there And are there other brands than Intel And is the GHz significantly faster than the GHz I don t see the difference is there a way I can tell I notice when What's the difference in using one processor compared to another? I take the CPU out of my computers and look at them some have prongs some dont some are difference sizes What are these different chips called Whats the difference in bit and bit Correct me if I m wrong please But does bit hold about - GB RAM and bit hold as much as billions of GBs of RAM Read that on www HowStuffWorks com Whats the difference in L L L cache I read that it can increase performance hows this http computer howstuffworks com cache htm lt ----- Found a good answer here Analogies really help me I m really interested in this and I m so curious about how computers work It seems like the more I learn the more questions I have I m really doing my research and learning alot but theres just some questions I cant find on the internet As I do find the answers or get answers here I ll be posting them for other people who are wondering the same thing I am nbsp

A:What's the difference in using one processor compared to another?

Those CPU you mentioned are very obsolete but I'm willing to provide you a simple information.

Avoid Celeron, those are for budget-minded people, and they're extremely slow.

For this year market, there's a big difference on performance between dual, triple and quad core cpus.

Check this link out. This could help you since it has the performance, info and price values as in comparsion against each other.

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php
Sorry if I'm not much of help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-difference-in-using-one-processor-compared-to-another.162946/
Relevancy 67.08%

My home network consists of a 3com office connect and 2 PC connecting to it through wireless. In the 3com config, i can see the Internet IP address is 203.223.210.232 but i am not able to ping it from my office network.
The router actually connects to the socket provided by my building, so i havent really subscribed to any ISP. I don't know if this IP is real and can be accessible from outside. Or the issue is that the router just doens't repsond to my ping. Any suggestions? Thanks!

A:Cannot ping my 3com router from office

it looks like a external ip but it still could be internal only.
you buildings network could have ping or icmp disabled or disallowed..
i would assume that there is a router/ switch which distributes network access to everybody, managed by the building.

did you try an nslookup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-ping-my-3com-router-from-office.159981/
Relevancy 31.39%

I have a 6.9" x 6.9" dimension motherboard and i wanted to know if i could replace it with a 6.7" x 6.7" dimension motherboard?

A:Does dimension difference matter?

As long as your case supports the motherboard spec (ATX, mATX, etc) you'll be fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-dimension-difference-matter.159596/
Relevancy 66.65%

So I got a slingbox for Christmas and I need more ports.

I currently have 5 computers, a printer, Apple time capsule w/wi-fi AP, and a vonage box connected to a Netgear 8-port FVS318 connected to another Vonage box which is in turn connetced to my dsl modem.

So I'm looking to move to a 16 port router with some type of QoS support that I can prioritize the traffic from the vonage boxes so they don't cut out when I'm on the phone & transferring files or using my sling box.

I have been browsing around and I found Netgears FS116E but I'm not quite sure if this would be a good fit or quite how it would best fit into my network since it is a switch.

I have also been told I should look at a gigabit router.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA,
Jason

A:Upgrading home office network - need suggestions

Do you really need a 16 port router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-home-office-network-need-suggestions.158837/
Relevancy 21.93%

well i tried to install RAM into my Pc turned on and mi MSI mother board said there was something wrong whit the CMOS..so i choose use defult settings...after that i got a black screen whit a white "-' flashing and then nothing happend.

i turned of my pc and removed the new ram and reboot..

after the MSI motherboard logo appers y get the same black screen with the '-' flashing

i dont know what to do..i tried loading defult settings from BIOS and dint work

A:Black screen after RAM installation

I'm not trying to criticize, but it would be helpful if you could phrase your words better with proper spelling and punctuation.

So let me get this straight, you have a PC that ran normally. You decided to add more RAM, but when you did, the BIOS told you that there was a CMOS error. You reset to default settings and now there's a blinking dash and then a black screen. Thinking the new RAM was the problem (a logical deduction), you took the RAM out, but the same blinking dash to black is happening.

Is this correct?

Please put more information about your PC. More specifically the models of the components and the last stable boot you had.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-ram-installation.157895/
Relevancy 67.08%

I already have laptops, pocket PCs, mobile phones, and tablet PCs

A:What devices can you use for mobile computing in the office?

Need to describe What you NEED to do vs what you would like to do.

Have you ask the I.T. department about company standards/policies?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-devices-can-you-use-for-mobile-computing-in-the-office.157797/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello everyone,

I recently bought some components to upgrade my pc. These consist of a new cpu, motherboard, video card and psu.

The main issue I'm having is now in games my FPS is lower in games, and freezing even.

The cpu is - AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Video card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Motherboard - Asus m4a785-m

Everything runs fine except for the frame rate and some flickering.

I've updated everything, or atleast thought I did.

Hopefully you guys can help, thanks so much!

A:New Installation - PC is worse!

Do you have your nvidia card selected as your display adapter? Thats the only thing I can think of? lol sorry if this is a stupid answer.

Or check your nvidia control panel to make sure your settings are set right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-installation-pc-is-worse.157634/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hello ppl

Have been having some overheat problems with my cpu (i7 @ 920 with coolermaster hyper n520 cooler @1800)

The temperatures with 100% load and max heat with prime95 are 73 C max at the same time I manually measured the temperature at the base and it was about 40 C. I comfirmed that temp by touching it with my bare finger.

Isn't that way big a temp difference? 30 c difference + between cpu and its cooler

A:CPU cooler temperature difference?

It could be that there is not good contact between the base of the cooler and the CPU's IHS. You might want to try reseating the cooler or reapplying thermal paste. Make sure to tighten the mounting screws well for best results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-cooler-temperature-difference.156494/
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi Guys,

Just a quick question... the differerence between DDR 1,2 and 3.... in terms of pin placement on the motherboard? and am i correct in saying there is no motherboard that supports 2 different types of RAM? also... i wanted to find out the different speeds of RAM eg: 400MHZ,660MHZ 1333MHZ etc.. does that change the compatibility with the motherboard? For example, DDR2 400MHZ is installed can you insert DDR2 800MHZ and it will work? and if so will it work together with the 400 or must you have the same speed with all your RAM?

A:Difference between DDR, DDR2 and DDR3

There is no reason to post two identical threads.

DDR1 is 184 pin, while DDR2 and DDR3 are both 240 pin, so some motherboards support both DDR2 and DDR3.
If the speed is not supported by the motherboard, it will revert to the highest supported speed.
All RAM will run at the speed of the slowest module. In theory, it should work; I wouldn't count on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/difference-between-ddr-ddr2-and-ddr3.155313/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Dell Dimension running XP SP I bought it used It only had a Western Digital GB IDE drive so i decided to upgrade I purchased a Western Digital GB IDE drive When i opened my case i saw that the ribbon only had one plug on it i e it did not have the Master and Slave plugs so i purchased a new IDE ribbon I put the existing hard drive on the Master plug and the new hard drive on the Slave plug I have also checked the jumper positions on the drives according to Wester Digital s website when starting up the computer does not recognize either hard drive BIOS says something like quot No bootup drives were found please insert boot disc and press F or press F to enter setup quot when i go into BIOS i have everything for the IDE drives set to AUTO Bios does not seem to be detecting the hard drives I am lost at this point if anybody can help me out it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Hard Drive Installation Problems, please help

First check that the 40GB drive, installed in the master position, (far end of the cable), will still boot, if installed by itself on the new cable.

If you intend to install the OS on the new drive, install it singly, and try using your restore discs to get up and running.

Many times when something like this happens, you need to attend to boot order, in the BIOS, "Boot Menu".

I don't know why "auto" drive mode need be set. If we're dealing with actual IDE drives, then IDE mode, (if it exists) should be set.

At the age of this machine, does the motherboard have SATA ports?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-installation-problems-please-help.155378/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok I am at the end of ideas I have a Compaq mini c netbook and cant for the LIFE of me figure out how to install xp onto it Ive tried many ideas and methods and cant get a single one to work The thing came installed with xp on it but all the crap that is pre loaded onto it ugh I hate buying premanufactured pc s The thing is slow now so I would like to start fresh I have a usb dvd drive and my xp home cd bluescreens when it tries to load my xp pro cd is fine but it says quot setup cannot find any hard drives installed in this pc quot I have tried using Nlite to integrate SATA drivers into the disk I have a feeling that the disk is to old to recognize the sata controller in the pc but the modified disk doesnt say quot press any key to boot from cd quot it just goes to normal windows load Windows does detect the drives but the pc is under powered intel atom ghz gig XP + Mini installation Compaq ram not gonna work so well eh I did xp s install through the current xp install but when I choose to boot quot windows xp home setup quot it says quot error reading from disk XP + Compaq Mini installation quot wtc do I do - - the tech support guy from hp said quot oh well to install an OS onto an hp computer you need to buy our special disk quot last ideas I have - trying to use Nlite again or connecting a floppy disk through USB to put the drivers on a floppy and load that nevermind I dont have a USB floppy gt gt Edit - Burned the img with ImgBurn rather than Nlite directly and it works Formatting the hard drive lets see how the install goes Case closed for now I think nbsp

A:XP + Compaq Mini installation

Uh oh, the thing bluescreens when booting. Booting into safemode doesnt change anything. What the heck happened?

Edit - I have a copy of Hiren's Boot CD - http://www.hirensbootcd.net/

I feel this will be instrumental in getting the laptop to work.

http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/141762-compaq-mini-110c-ris-install-bsod-after-install/ - Same stop error that I am getting, meaning the driver isnt installed. Thing is, i dont know how to install the driver manually and tell windows how to find it. Or would I have to create a whole new boot disk with Nlite?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-compaq-mini-installation.153157/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have a VAIO VPC computer with Windows 7 operating system. I was installing the software for my Palm TX Organizer, and when it came to connecting the device to the computer, I received the message that the system was locating the drivers for the device and then informing me that no drivers were available. When I tried to sync the device through the palm program it will not recognize the presence of the device. I uninstalled and downloaded a new version of the program from the Palm website encountering the same situation when I connected the device to the computer.

I have also experienced this same situation with the installation of Tunes Plus to allow for the uploading of my iPod music onto iTunes on the computer, I continually get a device not present message.

Can anybody out there throw some light on this problem?

A:Program fails to recognize devices after installation

Windows doesn't need drivers to detect a Plug and Play device.

So forget about drivers for the moment....

1) You don't say how you connect the device to your compute. I'll guess USB???

2) Then start with the basics: Are you hearing the USB ding/dong sound affect as you should when connect / disconnect a USB device????

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/program-fails-to-recognize-devices-after-installation.154050/
Relevancy 21.5%

Just installed a fresh copy of Windows Downloaded all updates and installed all of the latest drivers Everything seemed to work perfect I have one SATA drive for my data and two IDE CD amp DVD Both IDE drives worked fine Out of no were they disappeared off of my device list and they longer function The both flash during boot but then are no longer seen in bios or in Windows I was Windows longer no CD/DVD installation sees IDE of New 7 drives able to open up the case pull the power plugs out put them back in and then I was able to open close the drives but Windows still did not see them It is as if Windows is disabling them Please help Thanks Drive Setup SATA Master Gb Hard New installation of Windows 7 no longer sees IDE CD/DVD drives Drive - Windows IDE Master CD R W IDE Slave DVD R W BIOS SETTINGS Onchip SATA Controller Enabled Onchip SATA Type AHCI Other options available Native IDE amp RAID Onchip SATA Port Type As SATA Type Other options available IDE I ve switched the settings many times in an attempt to get the drives to be seen No luck nbsp

A:New installation of Windows 7 no longer sees IDE CD/DVD drives

Try this fix from MS:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-installation-of-windows-7-no-longer-sees-ide-cd-dvd-drives.153725/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey everyone, i have a problem with my sound card (probably). Ok here is the story .
I had windows xp he 2003 but my computer was full of some bugs and slower than ever so i decided to fromat my HDD.However my pc wouldn't boot the windows cd.So after making some "modifications" at the boot,ini file my pc wouldn't longer get into the windows. So i took a hitachi HDD from an acer aspire laptop that was broken(the laptop) and tryed to format this one.(The hitachi HDD had windows vista when on laptop) . So i now installed windows 7 ultimate and averything is just fine but one thing.I don't have sound, i tryied to download and install some drivers from realtek site but nothing happened.Pls give me any suggestions of what to do. oh and i forgot mention that i already tryied installing its own drivers.. but nothing.

A:Sound problem after Windows 7 installation

See if this might help Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards. Then let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-after-windows-7-installation.153425/
Relevancy 32.25%

The ASUS P6X58D-E and P6X58D premium? Premium cost an extra 84 bucks on the build I have on Ibuypower...just trying to save a few bucks and wanna know what I'm missing out on.

A:The difference between..

Answered my own question...
Premium supports turbo boost tech and has dual LAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-difference-between.152834/
Relevancy 31.82%

After some serious research and hunting around, I am finally going to buy a gaming laptop. So now I am faced with a question of getting a SSD or just a normal HD for the OS. I am ordering it in a few days, and I have not been able to find any good research, facts, videos, or anything solid showing if it was worth it or not. This will be on a quad core and I?m not really all that concerned on the cost difference.
Any input? Keep in mind, I?m looking for more actual proof, testing, or any form of real world handling and not just opinions.

A:SSD or HDD, any outstanding difference?

For one users opinion, the SSD drives are not ready for prime time. They are slow, slow, slow compared to a quality Fujitsu, Western Digital, Toshiba, or Seagate hard drive. (Tested in Alienware, HP, and Toshiba... performance in other laptops may vary
Their long life in gaming machines is yet to be proven. Wait until January, me thinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ssd-or-hdd-any-outstanding-difference.150455/
Relevancy 21.5%

How do i install or upgrade the memory of this printer??

A:Kyocera FS-C5100DN memory chip installation

Most Kyocera's use a special memory configuration. You gain access to the slot to it is beneath the top part of the case, usually on the right side... which sometimes has to be accessed by removing screw drivers. If it is accessible, there is a diagram or photo on the Kyocera website for each model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kyocera-fs-c5100dn-memory-chip-installation.149611/
Relevancy 21.93%

Formatted a machine at work because of hal.dll error and reinstalled windows - everything is ok now as it's working but when booting it asks me which windows I want to boot from, the new one which I've just installed or the previous one which still contains the hal.dll error.

I can't understand this because the format completed 100% and took a long time as well.

How do I get rid of it?
What did I do wrong?
Is this detrimental to the running of the computer?

A:Formatted C: - old installation of XP still apparant?

i'll answer your questions in reverse
Is this detrimental to the running of the computer? = NO
What did I do wrong? = NO IDEA
If you have more than one drive, you have possibly installed OS on another drive
Did you delete partition and create a new drive from RAW format or the originial boot.ini file is still going to be present.
How do I get rid of it?

There's a hidden file in the root of your boot drive that not many people know about, called "boot.ini". It controls what happens at boot time. In the past the thing to do was to edit this file manually, but that's no longer necessary.

Right click on My Computer, and select Properties. Now click on the Advanced tab. In a section labeled Startup and Recovery click on the button labeled Settings. You should now be looking at a dialog: refer attached

Click on Edit to edit the startup options file (aka boot.ini) manually. That should open Notepad with something similar to the following from my machine:

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptOut
C:\CMDCONS\BOOTSECT.DAT="Microsoft Windows Recovery Console" /cmdcons

In this example, you can see that I have two options to choose from when I boot: Windows XP, and the Recovery Console. I'm guessing you have an additional line for theOS Setup that you had trouble with it. You can simply delete that line.

And if you're tired of having the computer wait 30 seconds for you to choose an operating system, you can also change the timeout value,

Save that file, and when you next reboot you should no longer have that additional option.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/formatted-c-old-installation-of-xp-still-apparant.147666/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network There are Router, - Office Network Small Modem, Switch RJ connections in every room which is cool these all feed into a -port patch panel which the last guys left behind Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes Q If our modem goes into a router and the router goes Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch into a switch box and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box will Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch this work We will be using one dedicated IP and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP So does Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch going through a router alleviate this Q Do patch panels have speed limitations Despite being entirely passive is it possible that the patch panel might only be Mbit I haven t bought the switch box yet so would like to know if there s any point going for Gbit over Mbit Couldn t see a model number on it unfortunately Thanks in advance Will nbsp

A:Small Office Network - Modem, Router, Switch

edanfalls said:

Hello,

I am moving my small business into a new office in a few days and could do with some advice on configuring the network.

There are RJ45 connections in every room which is cool, these all feed into a 48-port patch panel which the last guys left behind.

Every PC on the network needs to be able to access the internet, our storage server and other network attached devices such as printers and faxes.

Q1). If our modem goes into a router, and the router goes into a switch box, and all PCs and other devices including the storage server are patched into the switch box, will this work? We will be using one dedicated IP, and I believe that if the modem goes straight into the switch box, each PC will unsuccessfully compete for that same IP. So does going through a router alleviate this?Click to expand...

you are correct on both points. the issue is where does the DHCP service originate {the router or a Domain Controller[*]}?

Q2). Do patch panels have speed limitations? Despite being entirely passive, is it possible that the patch panel might only be 100Mbit? I haven't bought the switch box yet, so would like to know if there's any point going for 1Gbit over 100Mbit. Couldn't see a model number on it unfortunately.Click to expand...

No, the panel is entirely passive and therefore invisible to the network. Active components, eg routers & switches could be factors.
You are at that point of an investment and cudos to you for asking before diving in :wave:

This is the time to create a Gigabyte backbone and use 100mb client access to it (not GBit). This will ensure the whole network gets good service an not single client can dominate it. The sole exception I would make is to use a GB nic in every server system attached.

[*] Instead of using the router to provide DHCP, a better choice is the Domain Controller server (provided you use one ). You can then configure static addresses from one location and set the DHCP range in the same place. DHCP and DNS typically are from the same server, while Exchange and Active Directory are elsewhere.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/small-office-network-modem-router-switch.146650/
Relevancy 21.93%

I ve looked through the forums and I ve seen several threads that address this issue but mine seems to be unique since the answers that worked for everyone else don Digital my Western book installation t work for me I hooked my new WD My Book Pro up to my PC but I can t get it Western Digital my book installation to show up anywhere that I can use it I shows up in my device manager and it also installed the WD Button in my task bar but when I left click on it the drive is grayed out I looked in my Disk Management section and it s not listed there I even did a hardware scan just in case There are a couple of things I noticed in my Device Manager First my C drive is located at and my nd internal drive D is located at My MyBook is located at Location Could it be interfering with my C drive somehow Do I need to mess with jumper settings on my SATA internal drives Second is when I click on properties for my MyBook then to the Volumes tab and hit populate I get the error quot VOLUME INFORMATION CANNOT BE FOUND THIS MAY HAPPEN IF THE DISK IS A OR ON A WIN MACHINE quot I am running WinXP Pro on a Dell E ANY help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance I have screenshots if you need them I just can t post them yet since I m a n b nbsp

A:Western Digital my book installation

It could be defective. Try it in another PC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/western-digital-my-book-installation.145578/
Relevancy 20.64%

i just bought an nvidia Ge force 9400 gt and tried installing the drivers and i get an error message that says
(the nvidia setup program has detected that one or more Microsoft hardware installation wizards are active. do you want to continue with setup? click yes to minimize setup until you complete or cancel the other installation wizard(s). click no to exit setup.)
the installation wizard is trying to automatically install the hardware but if i go into control panel/administrative tools/plug and play and disable plug and play like i was told, the program says that there is no available graphics adapter but the original error message telling me other installation programs are running is gone. how am i supposed to install these drivers if windows is trying to install them with another program? How can i disable hardware install wizard so that it doesnt disable the graphics adapter PLEASE HELP!

A:Windows hardware installation manager overrides my Nvidia Geforce 9400 GT install

Follow these steps to install your new graphics card:

1. Download the latest drivers for your card. Clean all old video drivers from your system. You may use Driver Sweeper if you wish.
2. Shut your PC down and put the new GPU in the motherboard slot.
3. Start up the system and change your primary graphics adapter in BIOS to PCI-E (assuming you have a PCI-E card) or PCI / AGP.
4. After logging in to Windows just close the Hardware Installation Wizard when it comes up. Double click on the drivers you downloaded and it should be installed without any issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-hardware-installation-manager-overrides-my-nvidia-geforce-9400-gt-install.145908/
Relevancy 21.5%

Any build that I have done the case has been designed with the PSU top mounted. However, the latest trend has been cases with the PSU mounted on the bottom. I am looking at purchasing a new case for a new build and the PSU will be installed on the bottom.

What are the advantages? Anything to be aware of? Thanks.

A:Cases Designed for PSU Bottom Installation: Advantages?

Having built a few systems with bottom mount PSU's (including my own 800D and Lian Li's) I'd say the principle differences are:
1. Most modern bottom mount cases have divided interiors (thermal zones)- the "floor" of the main mobo compartment channels air to chipset/graphics card more efficiently.
2. Bottom mount provides better cable hiding and cable management (providing that there is sufficient room behind the motherboard tray and adequate cut-outs in the tray)
3. Centre of gravity is much lower
4. If the chassis has top mount fans then heat dispersal is good. A top mount PSU is ingesting warm air.
5. Most bottom mount chassis I've used have better clearance/less cluttered space above the motherboard tray, thus a better arrangement for larger aftermarket CPU coolers.
6. If watercooling, a roof mounted radiator is much more effective than a vertical mount-it will also make for a cleaner complete-in-chassis install -Assuming of course that the chassis roof is capable of accepting a rad.

That's about it.

BTW: If the bottom mount PSU chassis is a full tower then checking out the cable length for the motherboard 24 pin and EPS 12v on the PSU before final install could be an advantage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cases-designed-for-psu-bottom-installation-advantages.146030/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,
I have dell dimension 4600. I want this pc to connect my tv. my tv have s-video. so i bought Nvidia GeForce 4 MX440 64mb S-Video Card DVI AGP G0770. I fix the card in slot and start the system. now my monitor is not working. but i connected to tv.

when i remove the card from slot, now monitor working great.. I need both to work. because for watching movies only i go for tv. other works need to use monitor.

how to solve this issue.

please help me.

thanks in advance.

Nataraj

A:S-video installation problem in Dell Dimension 4600

Right-click on the desktop and select the Nvidia Control Panel. See if you can adjust the settings to allow you to watch TV and use the computer at the same time

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/s-video-installation-problem-in-dell-dimension-4600.144739/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, i've been bothered by this problem. Everytime i try to install ATI Radeon graphics card on my computer, it says "an unknown error occured. please restart ATI Catalyst Install Manager". I've been thinking where or what is the error. i've changed my OS thinking it will work if changed. By the way here's some question:

>is it possible to install ATI Radeon driver w/o it's card?

>can it be installed with an Intel 82945G graphics accelerator driver AGP?

here's my system specs:

RAM: 1016 Mb ram
Sound: Realtek high definition audio driver
Processor: 2 intel @ 3.00 Ghz processor
Directx: Directx10 prefix

please help me! i can't play the games i want Thanks a lot for the response
****************************************************************************************************
if someone could read this who is from the philippines contact me if you can help pls... here's my number > 09129110983

A:Big problem with ATI Radeon driver installation

You could try running Driver Sweeper and then installing the ATI drivers. See how that goes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/big-problem-with-ati-radeon-driver-installation.143005/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello everyone

I need your to help install my sata 2 HD.
I have an Intel DQ35JO motherboard and i try to install a second HD Seagate 500gb Sata 2.
I have already a 80gb Sata1 drive My motherboard support only Sata1 HD but when i went to buy a second one at my local shop the salesman told me that i shouldn't have a problem at installation if i buy a Sata 2 Drive ( it should be recognized ). I installed it and when i boot my PC stuck and doesn't loading windows. I 've already tried to put a jumper at the disk but nothing happened. This is the second Sata 2 HD that i bought ( i thought that the first one was broken).

Does anyone knows why is this happening?

Thanks in advance

P.S Sorry for my english

A:Sata 2 HD installation problem

Model Number

Hi,

Can you post the model number of teh drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sata-2-hd-installation-problem.140905/
Relevancy 32.25%

the question is simple and clear, is any big difference between PCI x16 and PCI x4, I want to go CrossFire with Radeon HD 5770 on a Gigabyte GA-MA785GT-UD3H motherboard, so will I get FULL CROSSFIRE?

another question: every <600w PSU will handle Crossfire?

A:PCI x16 vs. PCI x4 big difference?

Simple answer is NO, your Crossfire will be slightly crippled- as to how much, maybe not a lot. For a definative answer you'll have to search for Motherboard/Crossfire (and SLI) reviews based around a PCIe x16, PCIe x4 board such as:
Giagbyte P55-UD3R/-UD3/-UD3P (and the P55A versions), MSI P55-CD53, ASRock P55 Pro/P55DE/P55DE3 Pro, Asus P7P55D/ P7P55D LE, EVGA P55 LE and any AMD boards (sorry, I'm lazy and AMD chipsets hold no interest for me).
As for power supply AMD recommend a 600 watt for Crossfired HD 5770- that seems a little overkill since the cards are TDP rated at 108 watts each. ASSUMING that you aren't running a massive overclock and have a usual setup ( 1-3 harddrives, 1 or 2 optical drives and some USB peripherals and case fans) then a GOOD (branded) 520-550 watt would suffice. As with any system- buying a piece of crap cheapo psu is a quick way into trouble. Stick with a good a brand: Corsair, OCZ, Enermax, PC Power & Cooling, Silverstone, Gigabyte all make well regarded PSU's, while certain models within the Thermaltake, Antec and Cooler Master lines offer a good alternative.

BTW : Why Crossfire HD5770 over a single HD5850 - surely the single card is cheaper, and offers better performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-x16-vs-pci-x4-big-difference.140632/
Relevancy 21.93%

I just got a new graphic card ATI Radeon HD Series I installed it but I think I forgot something When I opened my computer you have those strips black white The black one is where you put your graphic card right Well there was another thing on one of the white plugins Is that a graphic card and was I supposed to remove it Another problem is when I did put my graphic card in and update my drivers my sound all of the sudden stopped working I don t think I have a sound card unless the card on the white Graphics card installation help plugin is it but other than that the device manager lists -Audio Codecs -Legacy Audio Drivers -Legacy Video Capture Devices -Media Control Devices -USB Audio Devices -Video Codecs than when I check Control Panel gt Sounds and Audio it says I have nothing connected I normally use my Insignia Speakers which Graphics card installation help are correctly plugged in etc Blah I m not a computer wiz Thanks to anyone who helps nbsp

A:Graphics card installation help

Did you have a graphics card before, or were graphics integrated (part of the motherboard)? I assume by you saying you updated the drivers, your computer recoginized that you installed the card? Or did you possibly update drivers for integrated graphics & sound?

This card plugged into the white slot...is there a cable from your monitor to that card? Do you know what model your motherboard is?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-installation-help.140378/
Relevancy 21.5%

A friend of mine brought me a fujitsu siemens laptop amilo pro with a Samsung Sata HM II hard drive that was not logging into windows xp I ve put it into a usb case and run a virus scan on it that cleared the virus and the disk was working properly When i logged in windows i ve notice so many spyware that i tried to format the drive immediately On my friends laptop the win xp installation disk wouldnt recognise any installation Windows drive my recognize cannot hard hard disks so i ve Windows installation cannot recognize my hard drive tried installing it on the drive as an external usb drive from my laptop The installation failed with a blue screen for hardware failure I bought a new hard drive Samsung SATA HM HI that i Windows installation cannot recognize my hard drive partitioned and formatted primary NTFS Neither XP or Windows installation recognize it i can work on it from my laptop as an external usb drive i ve Windows installation cannot recognize my hard drive run several diagnostic tools from my friends laptop with a boot cd and every software recognize it give me details scan it for errors The bios even recognize it I need to install an OS on it any ideas or suggestions i ve been working for a week on it its getting exhausting nbsp

A:Windows installation cannot recognize my hard drive

Is the hard drive seen in the bios? Is the SATA controller properly enabled and configured in the bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-installation-cannot-recognize-my-hard-drive.138741/
Relevancy 21.07%

I did a fresh install of Linux Fedora and discovered that this new version of Fedora doesn t like my Nvidia GeForce GTX graphics card I tried numerous installation techniques but they failed every time I scoured the forums for answers but no single answer would work Finally I rearranged the steps from a graphics Linux card Installation on of Nvidia SOLVED Fedora 12 couple of different forums and it worked If you re having trouble getting your Nvidia card installed in Fedora then give this a try Let me know if it works Nvidia Driver Install for Fedora Edit the boot grub grub conf file using Gedit Open a Terminal Window Login as Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED superuser enter quot su quot at the command prompt and press Enter You ll be prompted for your password Type it in and press Enter Paste Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED gedit boot grub grub conf into command prompt and then press Enter Find the kernel line in the grub conf file It will say something like kernel vmlinuz- - local fc x Installation of Nvidia graphics card on Linux Fedora 12 SOLVED ro root UUID XXX rhgb quiet After the word quiet paste nouveau modeset Save and close the grub conf file At the Terminal prompt paste setsebool -P allow execstack on and press enter At the Terminal prompt paste yum --enablerepo rp g install kmod-nvidia uname -m xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs i xorg-x -drv-nvidia-libs x Exit all instances of Terminal Reboot Well that s what worked for me I m running Fedora in x screen resolution using my Nvidia GeForce GTX card It looks great Hope this works for you too Best of luck Stevizard nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-of-nvidia-graphics-card-on-linux-fedora-12-solved.138392/
Relevancy 21.93%

Good morning. Last night after installing a new/oem SATA dvd drive into my PC, the monitor will no longer come on during boot. Even after unplugging the dvd drive, the monitor will still not come on though i'm getting my normal beeps and processing from the pc itself. Any suggestions?

A:Monitor won't come on after installation of new dvd drive

Try unplugging the monitor data cable
Removing the computer power cord
Holding in the computer ON button for 30 secs
Securely plugging the Monitor data cable back in
Then securely putting the computer power cord back in
Then turning on

If that doesn't work, sometimes I've had to open Desktop computer cases up
And then refit the the addon Video card (if you have one)
Then do the above again
Then turn on

I hope this works

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-wont-come-on-after-installation-of-new-dvd-drive.138040/
Relevancy 21.93%

I ve recently had to reinstall windows xp on my dell as there was an unrepairable error with the xp operating system that could only be fixed by a fresh install and cleaning the entire hard drive I installed windows without a problem and all the onboard drivers for the motherboard however when i came to install my X-Fi Soundcard i haven t encountered several errors and i just can t find anyway of fixing the problem The strange thing Titanium Installation X-Fi for Issues is before i reinstalled windows i had this soundcard working perfectly for over a year First of Installation Issues for X-Fi Titanium all when i was installing the software drivers from the cd onto the hard drive the installation froze at Installation Issues for X-Fi Titanium at updating windows system files So i had to close the installation and remove the parts that it did put on the hard drive using a registry cleaner I then tried another install and this time i did it in safe mode which in this case allowed everything to install without any crash and finished the installation and asked me to restart When i restarted the control panel icon was in the bottom right but there was no sound When i double clicked it it stated there was no audio device present How was this possible when i had got my soundcard in my pci express port And before this question is asked no i don t have my onboard sound enabled and the drivers for it were uninstalled When i went onto the sound devices window it had the X-Fi soundblaster logo under the sound device however when i clikced onto its properties there was no way of changing the system volume it only had options for inputs volumes and levels and i don t think even these were working correctly Under the codecs tab in sound the X-Fi driver was present The thing that confuses me about this whole situation is that before i reinstalled windows i had this soundcard working for over a year Why has it stopped working now A hardware error but it was working literally a few days ago just before i had the windows blue screen error which i believe is completely unrelated to the soundcard Or is this a software issue Is there some missing files that i need on my machine before i install this soundcard This problem is really driving me insane if you can help me out you d be doing me a big favour If you need anymore information on this situation i can tell you more Please help me i want to listen to my music again nbsp

A:Installation Issues for X-Fi Titanium

Did you install Service Pack 2 (or 3 )

Did you try installing all the other drivers first?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/installation-issues-for-x-fi-titanium.137643/
Relevancy 21.93%

ok. i purchased a western digital 320g hard drive and am attempting to install. my computer recognizes the drive but when i get to the partition screen, it has 2 unpartitioned spaces. 1 of those spaces has a 76mb capacity and 1 has a 131 mb capacity even though i am installing a 320g drive. the second issue is that it is showing a previous install of windows(i think) on my d: drive. i would like to totally wipe everything out and start new. i formatted the drive i installed onto the 131 mb unpartitioned space hoping it would recognize the 320g after it formatted but it didn't. it loaded windows onto the drive and now the windows screen where it loads just stays on and never goes to a desk top. i think i really screwed it up this time

A:Please walk me through sata installation and xp partition

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step (* Including Delete Partition)
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdoldhdd/indexfullpage.htm

* Warning deleting the Partition will remove all User data and Windows system files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-walk-me-through-sata-installation-and-xp-partition.136907/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi guys!

A family friend has requested me to build 3 PCs for his office. His budget is really low. I need a processor, motherboard, RAM, HDD for within Rs. 10,000.

I was considering a build with the Athlon II X2 240. However, I will need a cheap motherboard that supports this processor out of the box as I do not have an older AMD processor to be able to update the BIOS.

Else I'll go with an Intel E5200 build.

You could suggest some stuff from this website: http://www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=87&category_slug=desktop-hardware

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A:Cheap Office Build

Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-UD4H Motherboard looks promising

at frys its 99

69 with a rebate

thats the cheapest i can find

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cheap-office-build.136843/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi Im a first time poster here having some graphic card problems My specs AMD Athlon MHz MB x DDR-SDRAM NVIDIA GeForce FX MSI K T Neo-V MS- Card problems Video Installation PCI and AGP bus Please dont laugh lol anyway as you can Video Card Installation problems see I have a crappy video card so I just purchased an EVGA NVIDIA GS AND a new psu watt should be plenty to run the card So I uninstall the old drivers even use Driver Sweeper to Video Card Installation problems make sure install the new card and drivers everything is fine until reboot then I get a totally pixelated screen Its neon colors and cant read anything on it btw its a PCI card so it says and I have both PCI and AGP bus slots and bios is set to both I also installed this Video Card Installation problems just a week ago from a previous that went out So the installation went fine with this one Im not able to post a screenshot because it s my first post but I do have one on photobucket Strange thing is I go into PC Wizard to see or BARELY see what its saying about the card it is saying its PCI E at least I THINK it says that I tried getting into my bios and no luck I have a razor keyboard and no matter what key I hit I cant access bios What do you think is wrong is it the graphics card itself Just got it from Tiger Direct hmmm I really cant afford to spend any more money Im a single mom and it was bad enough buying a psu and card HELP nbsp

A:Video Card Installation problems

If it's a PCI card just set your primary video adapter to PCI in the BIOS. Any idea what the temperatures are like?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-installation-problems.136337/
Relevancy 21.5%

Okay, I need help with this. I can't seem to install a front fan, it shows it can fit but there are things that block it. Is there anything I need to unscrew? Those who have done this let me know, pictures will help a lot.

Marked it with red and green, ignore everything else...just pay attention on the location part.

Marked red as what blocks it
Marked green as the spot where it would fit without it being blocked.

Thanks in advance.

A:NZXT Apollo case - Front fan installation

It looks like you might have to pull both video cards, (at least to lower one), and the drive cage between them and the fan position. Since the photo lacks sufficient detail, I can't say for certain if that cage is in fact, removable.

Also, another thing I'm not seeing how open the front of the cage facing the fan is, to permit airflow in the first place.

Some cases have removable front panels, but the fan still goes in from the rear. (The case front comes off for cleaning the filters that are sometimes present).

You should hit the product page at Newegg; http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146026 Then follow the links to the manufacturers product page. Maybe you can download the manual.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nzxt-apollo-case-front-fan-installation.133533/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi,
I did installed vista ultimate.I installed sound driver.But my problem is only 4 speaker is working .CENTRAL / SUB is not working.i configured Intel audio studio and tested but didnt work.Please give ur suggestions.THnaks in advance..

Mother board : INtel D945GCL

O.S : vista ultimate 32 bit

Speaker : creative inspire 5.1

driver version: IDT high definition audio codec

A:Sound problem in creative 5.1 inspire after fresh installation of Vista

can you please run a Dxdiag report?

1) Press on the "Windows Vista" button normally found at the bottom left hand corner of the screen

2) Select "Start Search"

3) Type "dxdiag" in the box and press the return/enter button on your key board.

4) Select the "Save All Information". Sometimes, you will be asked if you wish to check if the drivers are "digitally signed". Should this message appear, choose "Yes"

5) Save the file to a place on your machine where you can easily locate it again e.g. your desktop.

6) Attach the file in your next reply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-problem-in-creative-5-1-inspire-after-fresh-installation-of-vista.133002/
Relevancy 21.93%

Am trying to install Mcafee on my kids pc from my account which tells me I have 3 remaining downloads of the program.

This is the message I keep getting:

"Your PC does not have enough memory to begin the installation. Your product requires 128MB of RAM."

I checked the C drive and it says that I have 15.9GB of free space.

I reinstalled Windows XP and tried it all over again but keep getting the same message.

Ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance!

A:Not enough memory to start installation of Mcafee?

RAM refers to the memory modules on your PC.
It is different from the HDD.
If you could post your PC specs, we should be able to spell things out for you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-enough-memory-to-start-installation-of-mcafee.134613/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok, so I got a hp xe3 omnibook that i wanted to install windows xp pro on. Now I tried the cd on my desktop and it worked fine. I put it in the laptop and set it to boot from cd and all i get is "_" that blinking sign and nothing happens. Idk what's going on because I know the cd works fine.

A:HP xe3 omibook won't boot windows xp pro installation

Is the HPxe3 Optical drive good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-xe3-omibook-wont-boot-windows-xp-pro-installation.133585/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so my old vid card crapped out and I had to replace it Np or so Black installation & screen? Driver I thought I bought the XFX Radeon HD on the box it also says quot AGP x quot and quot GB DDR quot I get the thing home remove the old video card and it s drivers then install the new one and as soon as I install the drivers for the new card my computer won t start It takes about - reboots in order to get past the black screen I have uninstalled the drivers cleaned them in safe mode restarted again for good measure and then reinstalled the drivers from the disk I have tried this same procedure several times I have tried using the drivers from the XFX website but according to them the card is too new and therefore the most recent drivers are not yet compatible with it I have a watt Mushkin PS motherboard is an ASUS A N X Processor AMD Athlon XP MMX D Now GHz MB Ram and I m running Win XP Pro The place I bought the card from has replaced the card itself once so I know that is not the problem There is a message when you install the drivers from the disk that basically says it was never tested with windows and they don t know if it s all that stable I have contacted XFX they say the drivers are fine with windows So now here I sit I have tried everything Driver installation & Black screen? you can think of When I bought this video card I made sure it was compatible with the motherboard because I know Driver installation & Black screen? that my computer is a few years old my bf built it a few years ago for gaming I have installed the video card correctly bf was watching me and he s the one who builds our computers The place I bought the card from basically says quot bring in the computer and pay us to make it work for you quot Does anyone know what is wrong nbsp

A:Driver installation & Black screen?

Look on the motherboard manufacturer website to assure that you have the latest Chipset drivers... there are sometimes two for some Asus boards.
Describe how your old video card crapped out? Perhaps your motherboard is going to the happy hunting ground?
But I suspect the problem will be found in the motherboard manual at the ASUS site.
The big mystery: What did the place where you bought the card say when the second card didn't work either?: Did they not offer to give your money back?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-installation-black-screen.133107/
Relevancy 21.5%

First here are my specs Board Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-M SLI-S Processor gigahertz AMD Athlon X Dual Core kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready OLD memory card NVIDIA Geforce GT it worked but color was distorted happened a few months after I installed it and so screen GeForce GSO, 9600 installation on black I finally got aroudn to purchasing this GeForce 9600 GSO, black screen on installation new video card NEW card XFX PV-T O-ODF GeForce GSO GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card it won t let me post GeForce 9600 GSO, black screen on installation links because I don t have five posts or greater but you can search the exact same card at newegg I got it but it is a quot recertified quot card would that mean anything I get it home my old card used just a VGA plug in to my monitor and the new card is only DVI so I had to go out and buy a VGA to DCI adapter which I did Now however I get everything plugged in I turn on the PC and NOTHING Black screen monitor is on but nothing shows up Fans are running on the video card it s in tight Absolutely nothing So next I plug my old card back in It works like before Hmm Put the new one in nothing again So I played around with the VGA DVI adapter since my old card has a VGA slot and a DVI slot I put the monitor with the adapter into the old card and with the adapter it started working for a minute and then went black I wiggled it around a bit nothing So I unplug the adapter and put the VGA back in it works So at this point I m not sure what to do Is it just the adapter brand new just bought it or the video card If it s the video card what are my options As far as I know my motherboard SHOULD run the card Also I did not uninstall the drivers from the old card prior to plugging in the new is this even worth the attempt Very frustrated Thanks for any help you can give Derek nbsp

A:GeForce 9600 GSO, black screen on installation

Forgot to mention I have a 350W power output, would that mean anything?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9600-gso-black-screen-on-installation.132898/
Relevancy 21.93%

i have a core to dio p4m9mp JETWAY motherboard with 3gig ram , 2,66 processor! Now my problem is that I bought a GeForce 9600 GT 512mb PCI e screencard but if I take out my other screencard and install the new one my screen does not come on! I dont know what I am doing wrong ??? Can someone please help ??

If I put back the other screencard then everything is fine !

Does the new screencard need power as I have seen a power input on the back of the card!

Specs of my mother board is as follows:Support Intel LGA775 Conroe Processor .
VIA P4M890 + VT8237R.
Support FSB 1066 / 800 / 533MHz.
Inte grated S3 Graphics UniChrome Pro Processo.
Single Channel DDR2 533 / 400 Memory DIMMs.
1 PCI Express x16. 1 PCI Express x 1 , 2 32-bit PCI .
Support 4 IDE and 2 Serial ATA Devices with RAID.
8 USB2.0 Connectors Embedded.
AC 97 6 Channel Audio CODEC
VIA 10/100 LAN Supported.
Micro ATX Form Factor.

A:Geforce 9600 installation problems

The NVidia guides on their website are pretty complete for dealing with installation problems of the GeForce 9600 GT. We assume you have gone through all of those steps, but you might want to re-read them now, and go through it all again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-9600-installation-problems.132176/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi guys

Well i bought a Radeon 9600 Pro & when i first installed it in my computer , ( i have a compaq presario S5010AN by the way ) , everything was big & i just had to connect to the internet to get drivers but i couldnt connect so i restarted my pc but then it just showed coloured lines & squares . I cant see anything but those colours then the monitor will just turn off . The fan goes but i dont know whats the problem ?

Could someone pleasee help me ?
Im desperate !

Thanx.

A:Coloured lines on monitor after graphics card installation

Your Radeon 9600 Pro must be installed, before it can work for you. Most are supplied with a driver disk. When that is not available, you must download the drivers... but you can use another computer or connection to do that, then transfer them by CD or flash drive.
Are you certain the 9600 Pro will work in that Compaq Presario? Will the power supply support it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/coloured-lines-on-monitor-after-graphics-card-installation.131705/
Relevancy 21.93%

I recently purchased a Dekcell CPA-1084 usb webcam. It came with the driver and applications CD. I have loaded the driver numerous times and attemted to use the camera. Each time, I get an error message stating, " Sorry, you have no video capture hardware". For some reason, my system will not recognize the driver for the camera. For the webcam to be such a simple item, this is a very aggravating problem. How can I get my system to recognize the camera and successfully instal the driver? Thank for any help you can give.

A:Webcam Installation Issues

No USB drivers are needed with many USB devices including cameras. Delete the driver and clean your system using free CCleaner, Glary Utilities and Malwarebytes. Plug in the camera and see if it is properly detected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/webcam-installation-issues.131613/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok so to start off I have pretty much no experience with computers so bare with me I m using a card installation help Need with please video computer I got for Christmas and it was used it looks quite old it is a Dell and my OS is Windows XP The motherboard only had PCI slots so I got a EVGA GeForce GS with MB DDR video memory from Tiger Direct Before I bought it I had an onboard graphics accelerator or something like that I did Need help please with video card installation research on how to install it tried it and when I booted it up it worked fine until I got to the welcome screen then it was just a blank screen but I could hear it starting up I booted it up in safe mode and it was working I installed the drivers and figured I could start it up normally and it would work but I still got the blank screen when I tried It will still boot in safe mode no problem though I have no idea where to start like I said I have no experience with this if you need any more info just ask any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Need help please with video card installation

Sometimes very difficult change-over, depending on the Dell model.
Please tell us more about the Dell Service Tag, or the hard ware configuration... particularly the weak spots such as the power supply, memory installed, hard drive, and age.
Some Dell Dimensions and Optiplex desktops are very limited in what you can to to update your video graphics... but there are some configurations that will work...
Whether they will boost your video graphics to what you hoped, depends on too many things.
Please tell us more.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-please-with-video-card-installation.131483/
Relevancy 21.93%

Ok well after installing both my new video card and new PSU my computer would at times lose picture and I would have to restart I discovered a big problem I have now is that my GPU is overheating like crazy It idles around - C and climbs to - C seconds after I run a game before settling around - C this is all with fan speed supposedly set to My CPU also seems hot as it idles around C and goes up to C after being at full load for a few mins The Psu + PSU CPU+GPU videocard installation after overheating I bought had a fan on the bottom instead of at the back like my old one I don t know if that messes things up but it is facing my video card fan I CPU+GPU overheating after videocard + PSU installation don t know much about computers so does anyone know if there is anything that I can do to potentially fix this heating problem I tried testing it without a cover but the temps were pretty much the same I uploaded some pics to help http www megafileupload com en file pics-rar html Thanks for the help I used EVGA Precision and SpeedFan to check temps My Comp Stats Windows Vista bit AMD Athlon X Dual-Core GHz GB RAM DDR Sparkle Geforce GTX GB new HP Nettle Motherboard http h www hp com ewfrf wc document lc en amp dlc en amp cc us amp docname c CORSAIR CMPSU- CX W new EDIT My CPU seems to be idling at around C now with both cores going to about - C after playing a game for minutes nbsp

A:CPU+GPU overheating after videocard + PSU installation

Is the new video card crammed in its space with little or on airflow around it? You will need to get some additional cooling into that OEM case

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-gpu-overheating-after-videocard-psu-installation.130000/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,
First off i'm really no good at anything like this so don't expect me to know all the computer jargon etc.

I just recently bought a GeForce 8600 GT PCI-E when I inserted it into my computer
(which is an Intel Dimension 4700 with no upgrades done to it since bought new) and turned the computer on the light on the monitor went orange as thought the computer was off but the screen was on.

I've been reading around other threads and the specs for this computer should be able to comfortably run the GeForce 8600 and i'm completely stumped after spending a few hours fiddling. The computer runs fine on the old graphics card.

If you need any information about the computer etc. please ask and i'll try to help all though don't count on me

Thanks

A:GeForce 8600 installation problems

of course we need specs, we cant read your mind

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/geforce-8600-installation-problems.130115/