Windows Support Forum

Difference between office 365 office installation and office 2016 pro plus

Q: Difference between office 365 office installation and office 2016 pro plus

Are there any differences between office 365 home and office 2016 pro when you compared their installations of word, excel, power point and publisher?
For example, is Word from O365 the same as Word in Office 2016? Or does one have more options/features than the other?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440939-difference-between-office-365-office-installation-office-2016-pro-plus.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Difference between office 365 office installation and office 2016 pro plus

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.07%

Hi Folks,

The title of the thread says it all really.

I have legitimate copy of Microsoft Office 2007 Ultimate on my PC. I have just bought a copy of Office 2016 Professional Plus through the HUP.

I haven't installed Office 2016 yet - I use Office 2010 at work and find using Custom Animations in PowerPoint tricky compared to Office 2007.

I'd like to install Office 2016 alongside Office 2007 until I have tried Office 2016 to see if the Custom Animations in PP are easier than the 2010 version before switching completely.

My question is, can I install Office 2016 alongside Office 2007 without conflicts - switching between versions without a problem or will installing Office 2016 screw Office 2007 or worse FUBAR both Office installations or my PC.

Any help gratefully received.

Cheers,

Zaph

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/393297-can-i-install-office-2016-alongside-office-2007-without-conflict.html
Relevancy 92.07%

Office Installation Routine Deleting Older Stand-alone Apps I can't Office 2013 not 2016 Apps Office with Standalone compatible say I wasn't warned I was part way through installing Microsoft Office on my primary workstation when I got a message Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps that said quot Stop you should wait to install Office quot The error message went on to say that if I decided to continue anyway my copy of Microsoft Visio Standard would be removed Since I had the original disk from when I purchased the software I went ahead Bad move It turns out that when Microsoft says that Visio won't work with Office it means it won't even have the chance to work Any attempt to reinstall the software will be thwarted The fact that you paid for the software is beside the point You're basically out of luck When I Office 2016 not compatible with Office 2013 Standalone Apps went to the Microsoft community forums which is where Microsoft handles much of its tech support I discovered that I wasn't alone Apparently hundreds of people who'd purchased stand-alone Microsoft Office products were affected and they weren't happy about it Furthermore the problem extended far beyond Visio Users with Microsoft Project Publisher Access InfoPath and SharePoint Designer were also affected Likewise Microsoft customers who purchased Office Apps that are normally part of Office suites but may have been purchased separately such as Outlook were also affected More here Office Installation Routine Deleting Older Stand-alone Apps Special offer for customers with Office and Office standalone applications Office and standalone Office applications purchased separately via a retailer and not part of a suite of applications cannot be installed on the same device To resolve this issue you'll need to upgrade your standalone applications to the Office version of the products Please contact Accounts amp billing at the Microsoft Answer Desk to obtain a free upgrade for your qualifying standalone applications More here Special offer for customers with Office and Office standalone applications - Office Support

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/45110-office-2016-not-compatible-office-2013-standalone-apps.html
Relevancy 91.14%

Looking for some more feedback regarding Office 2016, Office 365 C2R [Sandboxie Paid versions]

General feed back [Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.]
Problems?
Annoyances? Quirks?
Outlook email..
Performance? Speed, loading, etc.
Saving documents? Editing documents?
.....Anything else.

If you would like a TRIAL key to test as well, and a chance for Sandboxie gifts, please email @ [email protected]

We'd like to try and fix any outstanding issues as the stable version comes out for SBIE and before (hopefully) Red-stone update of Windows 10.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/sandboxie-and-office-2016-office-365-c2r-feedback-any-issues.60517/
Relevancy 91.14%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

A:Migrating Outlook from Office 2013 to Office 2016

You didn't say what types of accounts they are, but mostly likely there isn't a way, unless there is a third-party tool or these are Exchange accounts.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/53270-migrating-outlook-office-2013-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 91.14%

Hi, is there any way of backing up all email accounts in Outlook 2013 (including username+password) and restoring them in Outlook 2016 without having to manually recreate the accounts? Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/53270-migrating-outlook-office-2013-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 90.83%

i used to use OpenOffice.org - The Free and Open Productivity Suite but now i see there is LibreOffice Productivity Suite - The Document Foundation and they have succeeded in confusing me, can anyone tell me which one is the way to go for a windows office alternative?

A:open office and libre office... whats the difference?

Most here use Open office. It has been found to be compatible with the famous and expensive MS product Office.
It has been used by many and they are satisifed. I never heard of the other, which says something in itself.
The most important feature that you want is comapatiblity with MS Word, as most people use that. You want to be sure that you can send them doucments and it can be read. Well, you have that with Open Office.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/123804-open-office-libre-office-whats-difference.html
Relevancy 89.28%

Hi there

It looks like that a Student and Teacher edition of Office 2016 will be available at around 90 GBP - 105 EUR while an Office 365 subscription will be around 60 GBP - 73 EUR for 1 year. Since the Student edition will work on 3 machines it seems to me the subscription model is bad value compared with Office 2016.

Now there might be a caveat -- not sure if OUTLOOK 2016 is included with Student and Teacher --we'll have to wait and see.

There *Might* also be an Upgrade price from Office 2010 / 2013 too.

Microsoft Office 2016 release date, price, news and features | TechRadar

Cheers
jimbo

A:Office 2016 price vs Office 365 subscription

No confirmation of price for full Pro editions?

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/8535-office-2016-price-vs-office-365-subscription.html
Relevancy 89.28%

I want to install office 2016 over office 2013. what will be the correct procedure. please note that I am also using outlook 2013.
Please suggest..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-install-office-2016-over-office-2013.1169818/
Relevancy 88.97%

I'm debating whether or not I should upgrade my Office 2010 to Office 2013? What's really the big difference between the two? Is it worth the upgrade?

A:What's the difference between Office 2010 and Office 2013?

Hi ShuwanShawn, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Have a look at these websites to give you an idea of the difference between Office 2010 & Office 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7czS39WfE

What's the difference between Office 2013 and Office 2010?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/357070-whats-difference-between-office-2010-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 87.11%

So I was trying to install Office Pro Plus Volume licence and every time I try it just ends up with Microsoft Office encountered an error during setup This is incredibly frustrating and I have no idea why it's happening since it doesn't display any specific error message and was wondering if someone could help me out with this I simply start setup exe click on customise and run all from my computer from the first box which just says Microsoft Office workplace tutorial says to do so and then just click Install now then after or so minutes it just comes up with the message quot Microsoft Office Professional Plus encountered an error during setup quot with the only other option being to either click the question mark Failed 2016 Installation Office which just opens a generic help page or click close Now here's the thing before I upgraded Windows to the anniversary update I had Office installed from this method but office always acted weird such as the whole word window acting unresponsive if I were to minimise it and then re-opening it after I check something in chrome so just before upgrading I uninstalled office and was hoping to re-install once I got upgraded yet now the installation Office 2016 Installation Failed fails every time I initially thought maybe this was because there were leftover files from the uninstall but after following a manual uninstall guide from Microsoft it still failing to install so now I'm in dire need of help

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/65288-office-2016-installation-failed.html
Relevancy 86.18%

hi guys,

is it possible to install Office 2016 32 bit next to Office 2013 (64 bit)?

I hate reinstalling Office 2013 if the 2016 version is not good enough.

Have to many rules that i have to recreate every time, also to many mails i need to redirect to the junk mail.

thanks
Jeff

A:Office 2016 (32 bit) next to Office 2013 (64 bit)

Originally Posted by jeffrys

hi guys,

is it possible to install Office 2016 32 bit next to Office 2013 (64 bit)?
Jeff

No.

While possible it is not recommended to install multiple versions of Office on the same computer. But they both must be the same bits. The only way this could be done is to install one on a virtual machine.

https://support.office.com/en-au/art...7-b78c513788bf

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/4173-office-2016-32-bit-next-office-2013-64-bit.html
Relevancy 85.87%

So I installed Office 2016 and a random file appeared directly on the C drive in no folder. The file is called, "WindowsMSUIGHUB.tt2". Does anyone know what this file is and if it's just some temporary file I'm safe to remove? I don't really want this file here as it looks ugly but I don't want to remove if it it's required for anything. Anyone have any idea what this is?

A:Random File After Office 2016 Installation

WINDOWSMSUIGHUB is a temporary file for MS office. There are downloaded files for office excel powerpoint etc. and those can be delete safely after installing the updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/24125-random-file-after-office-2016-installation.html
Relevancy 85.87%

Machine is Toshiba L -C- c Windows Home Bit Core Office Installation, 2016 1603 Error I Gb Toshiba TB Office 2016 Installation, Error 1603 Disk Office 2016 Installation, Error 1603 Originally the primary problem was that ITunes wasn't syncing IPad From Office 2016 Installation, Error 1603 Apple help noticed that USB hub controller was not detected and that Apple USB driver was not being activated Simply wasn't there after numerous fixes Spoke to Apple went up to them they suggested doing reinstall of Windows Notice from McAfee reports that administrator account wasn't complete which was puzzling It's a Toshiba disk which I find notoriously unreliable Windows was restored Restore took hours yip suggesting something possibly wrong with the disk It did do a clean disk half through the operation and after completed reinstalled ITunes iPad synced right away with the Apple USB driver activating correctly in the USB device hierarchy shown in device manager and disappearing after sync was completed So the original problem was fixed Did a short DST test and it came back OK Looked at SMART diagnostics and they were fine as well So disk seems to be in good condition considered it only months old and managed to install a bundle of software which went in fine So we come to the error on install of Office x Worked the problem according to Microsoft Enabled logging by setting up a config xml and loading it on the command line Verbose logging showed some error codes below MSI ACTIONSTART 'Action CAOSMRegisterLogonTask x ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ERROR The system cannot find the path specified ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x Command line returned an error ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x CAQuietExec Failed' MSI INFO 'CustomAction CAOSMRegisterLogonTask x returned actual error code note this may not be accurate if translation happened inside sandbox ' MSI INFO 'Action ended InstallExecute Return value ' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument ' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument ' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument ' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument Microsoft Office OSM MUI English ' MSI ACTIONSTART 'Action Rollback Rolling back action ' Log level changed from Standard to Verbose MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ERROR The system cannot find the file specified ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x Command line returned an error ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x CAQuietExec Failed' MSI INFO 'CustomAction CAOSMRegisterFallBackTaskRollback x returned actual error code but will be translated to success due to continue marking' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ERROR The system cannot find the file specified ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x Command line returned an error ' MSI INFO 'CAQuietExec Error x CAQuietExec Failed' MSI INFO 'CustomAction CAOSMRegisterLogonTaskRollback x returned actual error code but will be translated to success due to continue marking' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument ' MSI COMMONDATA 'Message type Argument ' MSI INFO 'Action ended INSTALL Return value ' Followed the Microsoft advice Checked the permissions on the directory that it was installing too Checked the SYSTEM had full control Checked to ensure the folder it was installing into was also not encrypted Tried a whole bundle of stuff even checking the the task scheduler was working Seems to be happening here CustomAction CAOSMRegisterLogonTask x returned actual error code Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/62200-office-2016-installation-error-1603-a.html
Relevancy 85.87%

So I installed Office 2016 and a random file appeared directly on the C drive in no folder. The file is called, "WindowsMSUIGHUB.tt2". Does anyone know what this file is and if it's just some temporary file I'm safe to remove? I don't really want this file here as it looks ugly but I don't want to remove if it it's required for anything. Anyone have any idea what this is?

A:Random File After Office 2016 Installation

WINDOWSMSUIGHUB is a temporary file for MS office. There are downloaded files for office excel powerpoint etc. and those can be delete safely after installing the updates.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/24125-random-file-after-office-2016-installation.html
Relevancy 85.87%

Searched the forums but did not come up with this problem being posted here yet so apologies if I missed it am repeating this I have a Windows on my computer and recently acquired a copy of Office Professional through Hubby's work for a discount However We have been trying for days now to install it and it will not complete the installation The most common problem being that it hangs at and just sits there and won't progress any further even after being left over night I have tried posting this problem on the Microsoft Community boards but they have been complete not 2016 installation Office Professional will less than helpful in finding a solution Of the things they have suggested I tried them all but to no avail The suggestions they gave that I have tried are as follows quot Follow these steps and download Office again First check Office 2016 Professional will not complete installation the type of internet connection you are using Wired or Wireless If you are using a wireless connection then you may try Office 2016 Professional will not complete installation to hardwire the connection Try downloading Office now and check if you are able to install Office normally In case the Office 2016 Professional will not complete installation above step still does not work then follow these steps Stop the Print Spooler service from Services msc Disable the Anti-Virus Security Software for a while until you complete installing Office Check if you are able to install Office now quot Nope didn't work and my computer ishardwired Next advice they gave was as follows and also didn't work quot In Task Manager make sure there are no Office or Office tasks running Then restart the computer and try installing Office again making sure that there are no Office tasks are running in Task Manager prior to running the Office installation Check the above and let us know if it helps quot Nope still notta While it is hanging at I have checked my task manager and all the columns CPU Memory Disk Network were all sitting at Funny thing is Hubby was able to acquire a second copy via coworker and it installed completely fine without issue on our windows laptop We do not have any other copies of Office or any office related program on this computer nor has there ever been We have uninstalled rebooted and tried reinstalling several times all with the same result of getting stuck at then going nowhere We even tried the bit version in hope that it would work because the bit version wouldn't install but or it's the same problem There was ONE time and one time only though I couldn't tell you what if anything we did differently that it got past and came up with an error message saying some items couldn't be installed because of some reason I failed to take note of it at the time and it hasn't recurred since and gave me the option to retry installing those items it didn't list what they were or ignore So I clicked retry and after a several minutes of it trying again the same message popped up I believe I tried retry three more times before finally clicking ignore and being told that if I ignored it that I may have to go into program and setting later to repair office because some feature may not work right At that point Office SEEMED to work until I rebooted the computer At that point I got a pop-up message which I again failed to take note of with an error saying I need to run the installer again because it didn't install or finish installing or something of that nature So I ran the installer again this time it hung at and didn't move even after hours of letting it run So again I uninstalled everything rebooted and started fresh and am now back at the hanging at thing It's very frustrating A brand new expensive product that is meant for windows but can't be installed on it I'm very perplexed Any thoughts on this or what I can try or do

A:Office 2016 Professional will not complete installation

Originally Posted by Chronia

Searched the forums but did not come up with this problem being posted here yet. so apologies if I missed it am repeating this.

I have a Windows 10 on my computer and recently acquired a copy of Office 2016 Professional through Hubby's work for a discount. However We have been trying for 3 days now to install it and it will not complete the installation. The most common problem being that it hangs at 90% and just sits there and won't progress any further even after being left over night.

I have tried posting this problem on the Microsoft Community boards but they have been less than helpful in finding a solution. Of the things they have suggested, I tried them all but to no avail. The suggestions they gave that I have tried are as follows:

"Follow these steps and download Office 2016 again:
First, check the type of internet connection you are using (Wired or Wireless)?If you are using a wireless connection then you may try to hardwire the connection.
Try downloading Office 2016 now and check if you are able to install Office 2016 normally.
In case the above step still does not work then follow these steps.

Stop the Print Spooler service from Services.msc.Disable the Anti-Virus/Security Software for a while, until you complete installing Office 2016.
Check if you are able to install Office 2016 now."

Nope didn't work, and my computer ishardwired. Next advice they gave was as follows and also didn't work:

"In Task Manager make sure there are no Office 2016 or Office tasks running. Then restart the computer and try installing Office 2016 again, making sure that there are no Office tasks are running in Task Manager prior to running the Office 2016 installation.

Check the above and let us know if it helps."

Nope, still notta.

While it is hanging at 90% I have checked my task manager and all the columns (CPU, Memory, Disk, Network) were all sitting at 0.

Funny thing is Hubby was able to acquire a second copy via coworker and it installed completely fine without issue on our windows 7 laptop.

We do not have any other copies of Office or any office related program on this computer, nor has there ever been. We have uninstalled, rebooted and tried reinstalling several times all with the same result of getting stuck at 90% then going nowhere. We even tried the 32 bit version in hope that it would work because the 64 bit version wouldn't install, but 32 or 64, it's the same problem.

There was ONE time, and one time only, though, I couldn't tell you what, if anything, we did differently, that it got past 90% and came up with an error message saying some items couldn't be installed because of some reason (I failed to take note of it at the time and it hasn't recurred since) and gave me the option to retry installing those items (it didn't list what they were) or ignore. So I clicked retry, and after a several minutes of it trying again the same message popped up. I believe I tried retry three more times before finally clicking ignore and being told that if I ignored it that I may have to go into program and setting later to repair office because some feature may not work right.

At that point Office SEEMED to work...until I rebooted the computer. At that point I got a pop-up message (which I again failed to take note of) with an error saying I need to run the installer again because it didn't install or finish installing or something of that nature. So I ran the installer again. this time it hung at 1% and didn't move even after hours of letting it run.

So again I uninstalled everything rebooted and started fresh and am now back at the hanging at 90% thing. It's very frustrating. A brand new expensive product that is meant for windows 10 but can't be installed on it? I'm very perplexed.

Any thoughts on this or what I can try or do?

No answers yet....

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/28192-office-2016-professional-will-not-complete-installation.html
Relevancy 85.87%

Does anyone know the difference between Office XP pro, and Office XP Pro Enterprise?

A:Difference between Office XP Pro, and Office XP Pro Enterprise?

Where I have seen it advertised it suggests the enterprise version is either a license only, for use on large server based network installations, or that it has some parts (MS frontpage) missing, or that its a software development version.

It seems like people call it an Enterprise Edition, while MS do not refer directly to any such thing on their own website.

Your mileage may vary however.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/difference-between-office-xp-pro-and-office-xp-pro-enterprise.172708/
Relevancy 85.87%

OK I am curious. I am trying to understand the difference between these two: Office 2013 is just an updated version from office 2011 and its predecessor, and Office 365 is like Google docs, except that its a paid subscription. I don't see any logic to why I want to pay annually where I can just do Google docs, or just use a regular office application.

A:what's the difference between office 2013 and office 365

Nice article with a comparison chart: Office 365 vs. Office 2013: Should you rent or own?Only you know your personal use needs and requirements. If it's about money there are free alternatives. Renting means always the latest and greatest updated apps available. Buying means at some point antiquated and possibly no longer compatible or becoming problematic. Choose what works for you and your needs.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/483629/whats-the-difference-between-office-2013-and-office-365/
Relevancy 85.87%

I did an upgrade installation from Office 2003 PRO to Office 2010 PRO. I had several issues with Access denied on C:\Config.msi. I usually select retry and all is well. I think I may have missed one of the retries before I did the system restart.
Now I get an error 2203 whenever I reboot, and the Office 2003 installer keeps popping up anytime I try to do anything.
I tried uninstalling Office 2003 and was told that I had a corrupted install. I tried re-installing it and it seems to just hang.
I also tried to uninstall and repair Office 2010.

I'm at a loss at this point.

Alan

A:Problems after Upgrade Installation from Office 2003 to Office 2010

Do a restore point to before you installed office 2010. then uninstall the office 2003 and do not upgrade.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/112611-problems-after-upgrade-installation-office-2003-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 84.94%

Is there any way to define an installation directory other than C: for office 2016? I tried installing it a few months ago and there didn't seem to be via the installer, and the Office Deployment Tool didn't let to choose the installation target directory, only the source.

How could they think for one second that it was appropriate to strip this option out of the installer?

I've had about enough of Microsoft's "fuck you, we know best" attitude. I just stopped using Windows 10 due to how increasingly difficult it had become to prevent indiscriminate automatic driver updates.

A:Choose Install Office 2016 Installation Dicrectory

Second link on Google...

How to Change Default Office 2016 Download Location

https://hardforum.com/threads/choose-install-office-2016-installation-dicrectory.1897922/
Relevancy 84.94%

On my laptop I was running MS Office 2003 Professional. I decided to upgrade to MS Office 2007 Professional. I thought my CD and key were legitimate. After installing, I found I couldn't activate the software. The new installation apparently wiped out the MS Office 2003.

Is there anyway for me to return to my MS Office 2003? I'm using a Dell and tried to return to a previous setpoint, but that didn't work, something about a patch missing.

Any ideas?

A:Installation of MS Office 2007 Wiped Out MS Office 2003

joanstev said:

On my laptop I was running MS Office 2003 Professional. I decided to upgrade to MS Office 2007 Professional. I thought my CD and key were legitimate. After installing, I found I couldn't activate the software. The new installation apparently wiped out the MS Office 2003.

Is there anyway for me to return to my MS Office 2003? I'm using a Dell and tried to return to a previous setpoint, but that didn't work, something about a patch missing.

Any ideas?Click to expand...

Where did you get the 2007 Office from?

Do you not have the 2003 Office CD to reinstall it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installation-of-ms-office-2007-wiped-out-ms-office-2003.922217/
Relevancy 84.94%

Hello friends
When I wanted to install office 2010 Professional,an error occurred,that error said that :"you must uninstall preversions of office,then install new version"
but i have uninstall-ed office 2007.
what's wrong here?
could you help me?
thanks

A:Office 2010 installation is prevented due to preversions of office

Use Revo uninstaller to remove leftover Office 2007 files, then install Office 2010
Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/121464-office-2010-installation-prevented-due-preversions-office.html
Relevancy 82.46%

We are wanting to up-grade our current Office suite Office 2003 to either Office 2010 or Office 2013.  Our PC's are running Windows 7

I would just like to know what peoples opinions and advice is on this?

A:Up-grade from Office 2003 to Office 2010 or Office 2013

I can't speak to Office 2013, but I've done numerous upgrades to Office through 2010.  When you install the new version, you have the option to keep the old version or just replace it.  Starting with Office 2007 the familiar menu bar has been replaced with the ribbons which take a lot of getting used to for folks used to older versions.  There's a little program called UbitMenu that will add most of the menu bar functions back in the 2007 and 2010 versions that a lot of folks find helpful.  If you do opt to have two different versions installed at the same time, what happens is that when you switch from one to the other, it goes through a juggling act that takes a minute or so.  It's a bit of a pain, but if you need it, it could be a convenience.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/541032/up-grade-from-office-2003-to-office-2010-or-office-2013/
Relevancy 81.53%

Hello Team Installed Office bit on Windows bit nbsp Installation was successful but soon as we try to launch Excel Word etc this error api-ms-win-crt-heap-l - - dll is missing pops up Is it the issue with VC REDIST update not getting installed correctly along with MS Office but installation was fine without any errors We tried reinstalling VC REDIST it can an option to repair and uninstall as if its already there and so we removed and tried installing again and got quot Unspecified error quot Came to know for installing VC nbsp REDIST need to have a patch installed Windows -KB -x msu which is already available in MSOffice installation folder under hotfixes Tried manual installation of nbsp Windows -KB -x msu and it said this is not applicable to your machine So forcefully installed this nbsp Windows -KB -x msu using DISM exe command and it 8.1 2016 bit Errors 64 etc) in 64 Gives installation api-ms-win-crt-heap-l1-1-0.dll like is Office open bit (Excel,Word missing does not after Windows got installed And after the above patch installation installed VC REDIT update successfully Tried launching Excel got the same error as mentioned earlier Uninstalled Office and Reinstalled with REDIST already installed still same error on opening Excel etc nbsp but only this VC REDIST will get installed if we try VC REDIST normal setup without update it will give error we tried after removing the existing VC REDIST with update Please suggest help how to fix is it a compatibilty issue with Windows and Office Thanks Jos

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/65d66711-9e54-4f12-a8ec-8e3b66f98710/office-2016-64-bit-excelword-etc-does-not-open-after-installation-in-windows-81-64-bit-gives?forum=w8itproappcompat
Relevancy 111.37%

Installed Office professional 2010 on a new dell, installation went smooth. After the install I dragged the office icon from the start menu to create a shortcut. The shortcut that was created was not the one that had appeared on the start menu It was greyed out, etc. Clicked on it, and it said not valid. tried dragging the shortcut back to start menu, but now the grey icon replaced the original MS office icon, and it still would not run. reinstalled it, still didn't work. besides the advice you guys will give me, is there a free ms support number for this type of problem?

Thanks in advance

A:Office Installation problem - Office won't run

Hi,

First things first, lets see if Office installed correctly:

1. Click Start Orb.
2. In the search box, type winword and hit enter.

Does Word open up?

Repeat the above, but this time type excel, and hit enter.

Does Excel open up?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/170508-office-installation-problem-office-wont-run.html
Relevancy 110.94%

I used to have office 2016 on my pc but at some point I had to do a reset. When I went to install office again, it picked my office 365 license and not the license key I had. I didn't notice this until last week when I started getting notifications that it was expiring.
I tried with tech support to get the original license key installed and not the O365 license but it didn't work.
So does anyone have the proper steps I need to take to install the one time license key?
Thank you

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440938-replace-office-365-office-one-time-license-office.html
Relevancy 110.94%

I understand that if a user installs Open Office on a machine with conventional Office - that Open Office will use its own suite of products for each application Unless the user ops to use Office to open the applications by unchecking the corresponding application boxes during Open Office s installation But if a user chooses Open Office as the default for (MS Question? Office) Office/Open Office Hypothetical A applications on a system that also has Office on it how does Open Office deal A Hypothetical Office Question? (MS Office/Open Office) with this if the OO applications remain checked as the default Does the current version of OO even understand how to DEAL with the new Office I understand that OO can not read docx documents which is the default for Word although this can be easily changed back to doc I found out that Open Office scheduled for release this fall will be able to read docx documents What s so great about docx docs anyway Using my example assume this situation on a new Windows Vista machine fresh installs of each program or Office OEM factory installed What behavior would be expected here Jack nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-hypothetical-office-question-ms-office-open-office.693466/
Relevancy 108.79%

With my continuing efforts to assist my brother in tailoring his new ThinkPad X Yoga laptop I've recently Office "Fighting 2016 Post-Installed 2010 Office Pre-Installed With" discovered an unexpected problem relating to Microsoft Office and specifically at this point with Word As indicated in this post's title his laptop came with Office pre-installed Subsequently Office was installed by his I T staff to eliminate the extra expense of leasing via Office or purchasing activating the resident Office code But Windows seems determined to make using Office unnecessarily difficult Specifically regarding Word with docx associated with this version whenever one clicks on a docx document Windows pops up a message stating something like this is a rough paraphrase I can't recall the exact wording quot This application cannot run on your Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 PC Please go to the Microsoft store to find an application that will work with this file quot However docx files open easily from within Word Being curious I'm all for understanding the how's why's and wherefor's of this seeming impediment but I don't want to unduly burden any readers respondents with an explanation I'd be happy just to learn how to Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 correct this situation i e to be able to click on a docx file and have it open within Word Perhaps it's necessary to uninstall Office It might be Pre-Installed Office 2016 "Fighting With" Post-Installed Office 2010 preferable to find another solution in the event my brother may at some point want to go ahead and start using Office Is there a way to accomplish this without doing a total Office uninstall I appreciate whatever ideas you could send my way Thanks Thri From looking at my brother's system it appears that Outlook is no longer necessarily included in the Office suite of products Is that correct Perhaps same with OneNote I recently downloaded for free OneNote onto my brother's computer Upon searching for the executables exe files I found them within a Microsoft Office folder Hmm kind of wonder why it's not called Microsoft Office

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/62545-pre-installed-office-2016-fighting-post-installed-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 107.93%

Microsoft Office 2016 won't finish installing, it has been stuck on "finalizing installation. This may take a few minutes" for over a half an hour now. the progress bar is about three quarters full and has been for more than a half an hour. I googled the problem but only junk results came up. I googled the message again in quotes but only results pertaining to Office XP and Windows XP showed up, way too old and outdated to be of any relevance now days.

Can anybody help me get the ball rolling?

This is an ASUS T100TA Windows tablet

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/54213-office-2016-installation-stuck-finalizing-installation.html
Relevancy 101.05%

First time post here, hope I follow all the rules.

Looking to acquire MS Office 2016 Professional. I have 4 computers, 3 tablets, 3 phones in the house. I have read different things about buying the software vs subscribing in terms of how many devices the software could be installed on. 2 computers use Windows 7, 1 uses Windows 8.1 and 1 uses Windows 10. Seeking advice/referrals on the best/most cost effective way to get MS Office on at least all the computers. All computers currently use MS Office 2007. Thanks.

A:Best way to get Office 2016

i would subscribe to put a standalone version of office on all those machines would be expensive

Assuming and average price of 120 for Office Home & Student
4 computers = 480 and does not include a tablet at that price

the subscription service at 80 per year and you can add to PCs and tablets upto 5 devices - so thats 6years to get a saving - And you are likely to change machines in that time

Also with the subscription you get the FULL version and all products (outlook, publisher - which would cost 250 )

unless you can find a multi-license version to run on 3 or more PCs
then the subscription maybe the way to go.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/best-way-to-get-office-2016.1162159/
Relevancy 101.05%

Hey guys
I'm trying to download Office 2016 preview. When I go to the download links it redirects me to a page to sign in to a personal Microsoft account. As i understand it you need a corporate O365 subscription to get the preview, which I have access to through my school. I just can't get it to authenticate with O365 business/education instead of the personal MS account. I don't have a personal O365 subscription either.

Cheers

A:How exactly do you get Office 2016?

You can download it with your MS account. Activation is another story ! Anyway you will have some time to play with it...

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/63714-how-exactly-do-you-get-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 101.05%

I have Office 2003 and tried downloading and running 2016. It did the download as expected and put icons down in the task bar. When I clicked on the Excel tab, it said it would activate it if I put in my email address and phone number. The alternative was to enter the Product Key. Everything acted, again, as if all was well and then it said it had stopped running and I should shut it down. Repeated tries gave me the same results. Trying any other component (Word, Powerpoint, etc.) also caused an immediate crash. FWIW, my first attempts to use it were to bring up previous files made in the 2003 version. This install was done through a web site and was part of a group offer. Any thoughts? Was I supposed to uninstall the 2003 version first? There weren't any instructions.
I uninstalled it for now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/394743-office-2016-wont-run.html
Relevancy 101.05%

The latest windows 10 update crashed my office 2016 and won't let me open my word documents.  Does anyone have a solution for this?  I have run updates on the office 2016 with no results.  Here is the pop up I am getting when I try to open a document. [Window Title]Microsoft Word [Main Instruction]Microsoft Word has stopped working [Content]A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. [Close program]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/office-2016/td-p/5620503
Relevancy 100.62%

I need to purchase MS OFFICE for the following programs Word Outlook PPT Publisher The MS OFFICE SUITE is more expensive is more than i thought it would be so I was thinking about buying the quot Student Teacher Version quot What OFFICE... between... MS difference what's the is the major difference between that and the quot standard version quot I ve been told conflicting stories from the staff at the quot electronics quot stores Some say that there is no difference at all while others say that there is limited functionality in the academic version but cannot tell what that limited functionality is MS OFFICE... what's the difference between... Does anyone out MS OFFICE... what's the difference between... here know the difference I am looking to buy the version - I already have MS OFFICE Premium installed on this computer but i don t have the product key codes so does that rule out the quot upgrade version quot or can i still purchase the upgrade software pack at a discounted rate and if so what happens if i get a new laptop and want to install it on that Will I be out of luck because it doesn t have OFFICE on it Any answers would help and would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 100.62%

I was successful in installing Office 2003, activating it, and updating in Windows 7, but every time I open any one of the Office apps I have to click accept on the EULA box. Is there any workaround to make the box go away permanently?

A:Office 2003 installs but EULA box appears every time I open an Office application

right-click on a shortcut to one of the apps, and select "Run as Administrator".After you do this once, you won't have to do it again.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/50492d2b-7a75-4efb-a806-09a34cf75965/office-2003-installs-but-eula-box-appears-every-time-i-open-an-office-application?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 100.62%

Just bought a new laptop with Windows bit installed-my first exposure to Windows I had Office installed on my old Dell bit machine I had also recently 2007(WinXPr3 Office 2010(Win7, 32 files 64bit) Office bit) won't open pruchased Office and installed that on my new machine Now when I try to open those bit files with bt Iget an error message that quot no picture file is available quot or words to that effect When I try to quot open with quot the only option displayed is quot Microsoft Office quot with an icon that looks like a picture file When I try to browse to the proper office program Excel for example there are none of teh Office suite programs displayed only quot Microsoft Office quot I can navigate seperately to the proper progran Excel etc and drag the file into the application and it opens and all seems to work OK I quot save as quot the proper application file but it still will not open with double-click on the file name I have not seen this particular item in the forums and would appreciate very much some help in fixing this issue Thanks Grubby

A:Office 2010(Win7, 64bit) won't open Office 2007(WinXPr3 32 bit) files

Hello Grubby76, welcome to the forum.

We have an excellent Window 7 File Association Tutorial here:
Open With - Change Default Program

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/188442-office-2010-win7-64bit-wont-open-office-2007-winxpr3-32-bit-files.html
Relevancy 100.62%

I ran a scan with Clamwin yesterday on my Clevo d480w and it found the threat mentionned aboved. I searched it and deleted it.

Any comment on this particular virus or on the process to identify then to get rid of it welcome.

Thanks

A:C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\MAKECERT.EXE: Trojan.Menti-213 FOUND

Wrong forum mate -- queries about, and help with, malware should be posted here: http://forums.techguy.org/54-virus-other-malware-removal/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/c-program-files-microsoft-office-office-makecert-exe-trojan-menti-213-found.1054554/
Relevancy 100.19%

SoftMaker Office is a complete and limited - featured office suite that comes with a word processor, a spreadsheet, and a presentation-graphics program. Compatible with many Microsoft Word and Excel formats. (pre Office 2010), more like office 2003.

Note:Requires registration using Your name, Country & E Mail address used for activation and to obtain serial key by E Mail.

Free SoftMaker Office 2008

Formats the Word Processor (TextMaker) can open.

Formats the Spread Sheet (PlanMaker) can open.

Formats the Power point like application (Presentations) can open.

Note: Compatible with XP, Vista & Windows 7 and currently using in Windows 8 CP (Compatibility mode)

A:Free full featured office suite - SoftMaker Office 2008

Sounds good, but since I already have MS Office 2007, I guess I don't need it. Will it do something that mine won't?

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/221997-free-full-featured-office-suite-softmaker-office-2008-a.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Okay I've never posted on anything like this before so bear with me please I've got an issue and Descriptions Icons Office Office & File Type 2010 Incorrect it's driving me nuts because I can't resolve it I'll try and give a description of what I did Any help would be greatly appreciated I purchased a new Dell computer Windows Home Premium bit that came with a trial version of Office I had previously purchased an Office Pro so I wanted to install the full version on my computer When I did I had both versions installed so I uninstalled the trial version That's when I think my problem arose but I can't say for sure that it didn't exist before Office 2010 Office File Type Descriptions & Icons Incorrect that because I hadn't even looked Here's the problem When I'm in Windows Explorer looking at my files my Office 2010 Office File Type Descriptions & Icons Incorrect Excel and Word files doc docx xls xlsx show up with an improper file type description Instead of saying quot Microsoft Word Document quot or quot Microsoft Excel - Worksheet quot or whatever they're supposed to say the simply say quot DOCX File quot or quot XLS File quot Not only that but the icons don't look right either They sort of look right but they're smaller Office 2010 Office File Type Descriptions & Icons Incorrect and sort of greyed out Except the docx icon is just a white page with lines object The strange thing is is that ALL my other Office files show up with correct descriptions and icons etc ppt pptx csv etc - ALL of them What I've tried to fix it I uninstalled all Office Products and then reinstalled Office I tried MS's little bug finder program that popped up on their website I've tried associating the Word files with WordPad and then back to Word It seems like there was more things I've tried but that is all I remember right now I've attached a screen shot of one of my folders so you can see what I mean If anyone has a similar problem or knows how to fix it please let me know Thanks I forgot to mention when I select any of the problem file types they still open in the correct default program without any prompting if that matters at all

A:Office 2010 Office File Type Descriptions & Icons Incorrect

Hi,

Welcome to SevenForums.

If you right-click on one of your Word documents and choose properties, does the icon look correct in that panel? Like this:

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/144230-office-2010-office-file-type-descriptions-icons-incorrect.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi I have a SBS machine and have various clients connected through exchange to get mail Users typically leave outlook running the whole day while they work on programs such as access excel I have noticed that on some machines excel and word docs open very quickly over the network until outlook is left open and connected to exchanged we are opening the files on a to office Open Exchange to Solved: Docs Office connected when is Slow variety of win servers however when they have their outlook exchange account connected I have seen the docs take anywhere from - x the normal amount of time to open I have also noticed that opening email attachments such as xls and doc are also very slow while connected to exchange but it seems to vary from file to file some seem Solved: Office Docs Slow to Open when office is connected to Exchange better than others does the connection to exchange complicate the process of opening docs on remote machines or does it sound like I have a misconfiguration somewhere I would like to Solved: Office Docs Slow to Open when office is connected to Exchange get the performance of opening a file say a xls on a network share to be the same as it is when outlook is not connected to exchange I do not have these PCs running in offline or cached mode as we have a shared calendar that does not display correctly when I enabled these features Clients are running office Turning on cached mode does not seem to make much if any of a difference btw Thanks for any insight you may have nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-docs-slow-to-open-when-office-is-connected-to-exchange.1028810/
Relevancy 100.19%

My MS Office files have generic icons, and when I open them, Windows asks me which program to use. Office 2010 isn't even on the list. A trial version of Office 2007 came with my laptop. I downloaded the Office 2010 beta, then uninstalled 2007. Since I uninstalled the old Office, all my Office files are no longer associated with Office, and there seems to be no way to remarry them. Office 2010 (beta) doesn't appear in the default programs control panel. The only way I can open those files is to open Word/Excel/etc, and File>Open. I feel like this should be simple. Any ideas?

A:Solved: Cannot associate Office 2010 (beta) with Office file types

Did you uninstall 2007 after you installed 2010?
If so you messed things up and you need to do a repair. Open Word, then the Office button, and then Word Options.
There on the Resources area, run diagnostics and do a repair.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cannot-associate-office-2010-beta-with-office-file-types.931119/
Relevancy 100.19%

I'm running Windows 7 on my new computer, which came with a trial version of Office 2010. Rather than buy the full version when the trial expired, I installed the Office 2003 I had on my old -- now dead -- computer. I now find that I can't open the Word and Excel files I created with the 2010 version. Is there a 'cloud' site where I could send the 2010 files and have them returned to me as standard .xls and .doc files? Or is there a free converter available for download?

A:Solved: How can I open Office 2010 documents on a computer that has only Office 2003?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-can-i-open-office-2010-documents-on-a-computer-that-has-only-office-2003.1013189/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello,

A charity is considering upgrading its workstations to Office 2013 from Office 2007.
They have lots of files in the .docx, .xlsx, .xlsm, and .xltm formats that they would need to access on a daily basis.

- Would the upgrade cause compatability problems with working with files created under these above formats?

A:Considering upgrade to Office 2013 - potential problems with Office 2007 files?

To my knowledge, they should not have any issues.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508309/considering-upgrade-to-office-2013-potential-problems-with-office-2007-files/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello Reinstalled all Sony Pre-Loaded software which did NOT include any Prior version of MS Office Other than a Trial Version of Office which I never used or installed It s still in my computer Have no idea what version it is Simply doesn t say because it s never been installed It s sitting in the same start menu as all of the other MS Office Programs In another message forum I was told Reinstall And MS My Pro Setup Reformatted in Hard Office 2007 Cannot Office Drive to delete it However Office Pro worked fine for days with the Trial program still sitting in the Start folder I managed to install MS Office Professional and it s worked for days without a hitch Today I get the error message when I try to use Outlook quot Cannot start MS Office Outlook Cannot initialize MS Office Shared Utilities Restart your computer Or reinstall MS Office Outlook quot No Luck Also when I try to start up MS Word the message says quot Not enought memory to load Word quot I have Gig of Ram and a Gig hard Drive When I insert the Office Pro disk to Reinstall the message is quot The path you have chosen does not point at a qualifying upgradable product Click Try again or Cancel to quit setup quot I also don t have ANY previous versions of any Office Suite program Reformatted My Hard Drive And Cannot Reinstall MS Office Pro 2007 in Office Setup to use I had Office Pro installed but that was deleted when I purchased Office Pro I do have the disks for Office Pro For the record I am an American living in Cali Columbia It s over a minute to call anywhere in the US for help I would sincerely appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone can provide NOTE Also have Norton Internet Secuirty amp Spysweeper installed Thanks in advance Robert nbsp

A:Reformatted My Hard Drive And Cannot Reinstall MS Office Pro 2007 in Office Setup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reformatted-my-hard-drive-and-cannot-reinstall-ms-office-pro-2007-in-office-setup.680874/
Relevancy 100.19%

I have recently had to re-install Microsoft Office 2000 and it has installed the default Office Assistant the paperclip and I miss the cat called Links.

It says it is available from the Office Assistant options but a message says there is not enough memory.

It is on the first CD of the software but I cannot see how to download it.

Can anyone help please?

mygoose

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msoft-office-2000-office-assistant-cat-called-links-missing.1163272/
Relevancy 100.19%

Good Evening Everyone,

I have a few questions concerning the Installation of 2010 Office. I know that I have to uninstall Office 2007. I have no clue on how to save or where to save my documents from Office 2007. The documents consist of Word, Excel, Powerpoint and a few various folders. Should I from the Start Menue click on Documents select all and copy. Where should I place this copy? Can It be left on my hard drive? After I install Office 2010 can I then copy the "Document File" and place in Documents. Will all the files end up in the proper place for their programs, Word files go to Word, Excel goes to Excel so on and so forth. Thank you so much for all your help and cooperation. It is greatly appreciated. I hope I described my situation correctly. I look forward to hearing from you.

A:2010 Office Professional Plus to Replace 2007 Office Small Business

But you don't have to uninstall Office 2007 to upgrade to 2010. That's the general rule as you can generally upgrade from lower SKUs to higher SKUs (Small Business to Pro Plus). As far as saving your documents, you can really save them wherever you like on your hard drive or on any CD or flash drive if you wish to do so. As far as file types, after 2010 is installed, they should all register properly for their programs so that Word documents open in Word, Excel Documents in Excel, etc.

Though if you have all of you documents already saved within "Documents" or "My Documents" or some other folder you've set aside and you want to uninstall 2007 before upgrading to 2010, the documents themselves will be retained when you uninstall, you just won't be able to really do much with them until you install 2010.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/111999-2010-office-professional-plus-replace-2007-office-small-business.html
Relevancy 100.19%

After much messing Manager 07 - Office File - Picture Office Types Microsoft Broken around I have discovered that if you use Windows 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program' to set default programs for file types it breaks the File Types selection within a given program in my case Microsoft Office Picture Manager Microsoft Office Picture Manager - Office 07 - Broken File Types and you are no longer able to use the program itself to set file types only the Windows function You can tick untick file associations all day long within Microsoft Office Picture Manager and nothing gets associated unassociated The File Types option is basically broken I have also noticed this occur with -zip which actually causes a more serious issue By default zip is not listed in the Windows list of 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program' window but is listed if you associate zip with -zip's own file association option BUT if you then subsequently use windows to re-associate zip with Windows Explorer the zip vanishes because by default is is not listed breaks -zips file association options and you can no longer associate zip files with -zip EVER Basically I am curious as to why Windows own file association options would break software's own internal file association options so badly to the point they are essentially useless and if there is a fix I even tried completely reinstalling Microsoft Office and removing all references of it within the registry no luck Its not a big deal but I just found it odd that a fundamental piece of Windows would harm the integrity of software so easily and seemingly irreversibly I have made the assumption that perhaps because Office is fairly old and probably geared up for Vista that perhaps older softer like this just isn't compatible with Windows file association Any thoughts or fixes

A:Microsoft Office Picture Manager - Office 07 - Broken File Types

I don't believe it has anything to do with Office 2007/ Picture manager I use it myself,
I do not use 7-Zip but that seems the likely bug,
Windows handles Zip folders just like any other folder so 7-Zip is something I don't understand why people need or want it but I don't need any or need to make any Zip folders either
If your still having file association issues use this,
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/19449-default-file-type-associations-restore.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/309083-microsoft-office-picture-manager-office-07-broken-file-types.html
Relevancy 100.19%

MS Office 2007 - Microsoft Office Document Scanning is not able to recognize the scanner.
Every time when given scan its giving error message "Scanner not responding".
But scanner working fine when using MS Office 2003 - Microsoft Office Document Scanning. Also it works with software called Desktop Bind V2.

Scanner: RICOH IS200e Network Scanner.

A:Scanner not detected by MS Office 2007 - Microsoft Office Document Scanning

check if you have installed all the office updates.
check if there are any latest scanner drivers, update the drivers for your scanner.
run office diagnostic and check if there are any errors

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/scanner-not-detected-by-ms-office-2007-microsoft-office-document-scanning.801224/
Relevancy 100.19%

For those still using Legacy Office - on Windows any time you try to activate the animated Office Assistant you receive a message that quot The Office Assistant Requires Microsoft Agent or better The product is 97-2003) Windows Solution Assistant in 7 Office of for Office MS (MS Loss Solved: available in the Office System Pack quot Read the following before installing MS removed the MS Agent which controls the Office Assistant on Windows Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003) and above The Hot Fix below is contained in a zip file which restores the Office Assistant functionality to legacy Office users on Windows The following link below will show you how to download the instructions to get the Hot Fix back Note if you are running Windows XP or below you already have this installed and need not run it See the separate Help documentation in MS Office if your Office Assistant fails to appear in Windows XP or below Furthermore this fix is for Windows only Not Windows Windows or the Windows Preview You also will need to make sure you know the correct version of Windows on your computer For example or bit MS should sense the Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003) version of Windows you are running when they email you the instructions for downloading the Hotfix The instructions say that this Fix only restores Merlin the Wizard but it gave me quot Clippy quot which is the default Office - animation I was not able to get the Zip file to extract in the C directory or able to find the default file location the first time But by clicking quot Browse quot and saving the download link to my Downloads folder I was able to find and run the zip file extractor and the Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003) main Hotfix itself Link to further MS Hotfix instructions to Restore Legacy Animated MS Office Assistant to Windows users https support microsoft com en-us kb Jack nbsp

A:Solved: Solution for Loss of MS Office Assistant in Windows 7 (MS Office 97-2003)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-solution-for-loss-of-ms-office-assistant-in-windows-7-ms-office-97-2003.1147067/
Relevancy 100.19%

We have an upgrade on our computer units here in the company, my problem is when users save their 2007 excel files an error pops up, Errors were detected while saving "File Name". Microsoft maybe able to save the file by removing or repairing some features. To make the repairs in new file, click Continue. To cancel saving the file, click Cancel.

By the way, the files were save on the file server and users access them through single roaming profile that we created with full access on their folders.
i am hoping i could find an answer.

thank you

A:Error on saving MS Office Excel 2007 files to MS Office 2013

i have many views, but no reply... i am starting to think this forum is not helping me !...

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/351227-error-saving-ms-office-excel-2007-files-ms-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 100.19%

i remember with windows xp and office you could go to a different part of the microsoft windows update website in Internet Explorer and it would prompt you with ActiveX to allow updates for Office and after you did that then when 2010 for update updates win7 not thru showing office windows office you went to the normal windows xp update site there would be a whole other section of updates for microsoft office available That was with office anyway i use a dell restore cd for windows professional on a dell pc obviously to install win from scratch I can do windows updates no problem I have microsoft office professional plus with a valid license key these are provided by my IT dept Office installs fine not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7 during the install i can go through the options and install excel powerpoint all shared tools and so on Once installed it works fine There is no service pack installed at this point From here not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7 if I go windows update I never see anything for office From within office Microsoft Word file menu help for example it shows office is activated and if i click on check for updates there it then not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7 opens an IE window which says updates can be done from start menu - programs - windows update If i do that it's a normal windows operating system update and I get nothing for office I have manually downloaded from microsoft Office SP and SP and have installed either one When i go to the help menu it then shows office SP so the service pack seems to have installed no problem But I still never see any updates for office from windows update what's the deal

A:not showing office updates thru windows update for office 2010 win7

You mean what's called Microsoft Update. If you go in to the settings in Windows Update, do you have this checked:

I have Office 2013 Pro Plus, but the click-to-run version which updates itself and is not part of Windows Update. But I don't think there's a click-to-run version for 2010 Pro Plus so that is probably not the issue here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/346784-not-showing-office-updates-thru-windows-update-office-2010-win7.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I am getting the following error when I try to reinstall a custom setup office XP install on a windows machine quot OFFXP Setup Detects Office XP Running When You Attempt to Install Office XP quot I had the uninstall the office xp on this machine through add remove programs because it was crashing alot The custom install works fine on all other windows and xp machines I found the following error in MS knowledgebase article I can t post the link because I m a new member It says to to hit ignore If I hit ignore it does install but it doesn t install with the correct options for the custom install I have it set to not install outlook and it installs outlook etc Obviously its not following the custom install Any ideas I believe something is left on the pc from office when it was installed I even ran the Removal Wizard on the Office XP Resource kit It is Office Install Detects You Setup When Running XP XP OFFXP: to Office Attempt supposed to remove everything left from previous versions However it must be missing something because I am still getting that error when I try to OFFXP: Setup Detects Office XP Running When You Attempt to Install Office XP reinstall Office XP that is described above ThankS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offxp-setup-detects-office-xp-running-when-you-attempt-to-install-office-xp.339769/
Relevancy 100.19%

Good Day,

I've often used the Files and Transfer Wizard to move files in the Windows XP environment, including those for people moving from Office 2003 to 2007, however, I've just been asked to move a person from a computer that would result in them moving backwards from Office 2007 to Office 2003; is this possible? What concerns should be considered? Obviously if they have a number of documents saved in the 2007 it could be problematic, though could the compatibility pack offered by Microsoft offset that concern? Thoughts? Thanks.

Regards,
Jeff

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-files-and-transfer-wizard-to-go-from-office-2007-back-to-office-2003.919539/
Relevancy 100.19%

I recently purchased a HP Office After Version. Unable Trial Vista, 97 To Office Laptop, Load Hp 2007 Removing laptop for our soccer club that came Hp Laptop, Vista, Unable To Load Office 97 After Removing Office 2007 Trial Version. pre installed with Vista During use of outlook Excel etc it came up with a message asking for activation Hp Laptop, Vista, Unable To Load Office 97 After Removing Office 2007 Trial Version. key amp that we had uses left to enter it I presumed this was a trial version amp activation code to be purchased After - uses I decided to install Office which I still had lying around from an old PC This installed OK but the message was still appearing I then uninstalled Office via add remove programs amp then did likewise for anything that mentioned office I didn't do the actual uninstalling but am advised there were - office variants uninstalled I then went to load office back in but no go It goes through the usual install process enter key select location to load prog files microsoft office amp then select type of install required typical amp then the features have selected all amp just the basic office install Then it goes to the actual install process but just sits there with the bluey green coloured screen with Microsoft Office written at the top but goes no further I have checked add remove programs again amp no mentions of office are listed I have followed the following fix I was advised about - By default Office is installed to C Program Files Microsoft Office Using My Computer or Windows Explorer go to that folder Delete the ENTIRE folder Remove the program from the Windows registry To remove Office from the registry hit Start-Run and type regedit no asterisks and hit Enter This opens the Windows registry Do not do anything except exactly as directed Browse the registry similar to browsing in Windows Explorer and go to this folder hkey current user software microsoft office Right click the Office entry and delete it completely I have deleted the microsoft office directory which deletes all bar approx - files findfast exe is one I recall but won't grant me access to delete them all I tried deleting an entry at end of registry steps but now think it should have been the whole office tree that should have been deleted After above I still get the same quot hang quot when trying to install Office I have this seasons regos so far about hours work amp we have more weeks of regos to go as well as approx - GB of soccer files entered onto laptop so don't want to have to backup amp reformat advice offered by HP when I called them but I think it was the Bombay India offce amp not Sydney Australia where I called from or run recovery discs if there is another way around it Any help is much appreciated Cheers Ineedaname

A:Hp Laptop, Vista, Unable To Load Office 97 After Removing Office 2007 Trial Version.

Microsoft doesn't certify Office 97 to work with Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/933305That being said, lot's of people on the web have gotten it to work with varying degrees of success.Ensure that you install the application in compatibility mode - both as "Run as Windows 98" and "Run as Administrator"Don't install Service Pack 2 - it has problems. But, from what I've read, it'll let you gracefully exit the SP2 setup if you started it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/130838/hp-laptop-vista-unable-to-load-office-97-after-removing-office-2007-trial-version/
Relevancy 100.19%

hello!

how can I assign the ctrl_z to undo stuff in MS Office 2016?

I cant BELIEVE they removed the most important keyboard shortcut!

thanks!

A:ctrl_z in MS Office 2016

It does undo...

https://hardforum.com/threads/ctrl_z-in-ms-office-2016.1894028/
Relevancy 100.19%

If I'm not in the right forum please let me know. I have an HP Stream notebook 8.1. I got it not knowing that there wasn't much room on the harddrive. I have Onedrive cloud service through Microsoft office 2016/365. I don't use any of the Microsoft office progams, except for word and onedrive. I was wondering if there was a way to individually uninstall the programs I don't use or move all of it to onedrive to get it off my hard drive, as that seems to be whats taking up most of my space.

Thanks!

A:Microsoft office 2016/365

Hi cstull1217 Microsoft Office allows you to uninstall components separately. To do so, simply go in the Control Panel and uninstall Microsoft Office. It'll ask you if you want to uninstall Office, repair the installation, modify it, etc. Select the option to modify Office, and opt-out the ones you don't need before proceeding.https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Install-or-remove-individual-Office-2010-programs-and-components-aeb80df5-326c-4afc-8064-bd195f560753

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597443/microsoft-office-2016365/
Relevancy 100.19%

Hey everybody, I am awaiting Office 2016 Professional to be available to me through my college and I was wanting to know, what a lot of you think about it before I decide to make the upgrade to it when it becomes available to me

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/384019-opinions-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi 
Cortana was working but stopped working today. I am in Canada. Windows 10 and Office 365
Regards
Tony
[email protected]

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f473d91b-d94e-485e-9adf-5e97d99519bb/windows-10-and-office-2016?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 100.19%

1st July 2016

New Version of Office 2016 Available
Version 16.0.6965.2063
Downloaded and installed ok

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/55000-new-version-office-2016-available.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi there
trying to completely uninstall Office 2016 so I can re-install a new version

However clicking on the link to Office 2016 fix it tool just brings up an ad for the surface pro -- and that's from the Ms site.

Anybody have a proper link to this tool.

Cheers
jimbo

A:Office 2016 fix it tool - where is it

Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi there

However clicking on the link to Office 2016 fix it tool just brings up an ad for the surface pro -- and that's from the Ms site.

Cheers
jimbo

Microsoft Fix it Tool 2739501 Office 2016:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...Remove.diagcab

Should work for you......

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/47450-office-2016-fix-tool-where.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I have a laptop with Windows 10. I purchased and installed Office 2016 I figured out how to update windows but don't think office is being updated. How do I update 2016?

A:Need help updating Office 2016

Hello WilliamP458,

Here's how:

https://support.office.com/en-us/art...0-46de917611c5

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/399501-need-help-updating-office-2016-a.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hi there

Cheers
jimbo

A:Office 2016 fix it tool - where is it

Originally Posted by jimbo45

Hi there

Cheers
jimbo

Microsoft Fix it Tool 2739501 Office 2016:
http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...Remove.diagcab

Should work for you......

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/47450-office-2016-fix-tool-where.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi all
can you tell me if it is possible or not to use Office web App server 2013 alone without going through SharePoint, Lync, or exchange 2013?
Let me explain:
in a society where there is an infrastructure SharePoint, Lync and exchange 2013 with office web app server 2013, is a user that does not have office on his Computer, can open office (word excel..) document, bypassing SharePoint, Lync and exchange?
If it is possible thanks to guide me on how I can find nothing on the net...
Thanks

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9021eb97-7258-423e-8929-d6bfcdc8da68/can-i-open-office-word-excel-with-office-document-web-app-server-wac-bypassing-sharepoint?forum=TechnetSandboxForum
Relevancy 99.76%

Am not sure what to do with these updates:

Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553181) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553310) 32-Bit Edition
Update for Microsoft Office 2010 (KB2553455) 32-Bit Edition

Windows Updates says they are important.

I do not have Office 2010 installed. Office 2007 is installed.

My security software keeps telling me I am at risk because my operating system is not up to date.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

A:Receiving updates for Office 2010 but Office 2007 is installed.

If your computer is relatively new, it may have come with a trial install of Office 2010 - check the Start menu, and the Programs & Features listing.
You may also have installed Viewers for things like PowerPoint 2010, which still require updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/196400-receiving-updates-office-2010-but-office-2007-installed.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hello

I installed office 2007 ultimate alongside office 2003 professional. Microsoft outlook and publisher was removed from my office 2003 prior to office 2007 installation. I also opted not to install microsoft outlook 2007.

It seems that each time I load word 2007 or 2003 after previously opening the other version (ie. load 2003 followed by 2007 OR load 2007 followed by 2003), a window would opened up indicating that either the configuration or installation process is taking place, hence delaying the startup. However, once the program has started, it would run without problem. I do not intend to unistall my 2003. There was no problem loading excel 2003/2007, powerpoint 2003/2007 and access 2003/2007.

I am running on Windows XP SP2 that is regularly updated. Thank you

A:instaling issue Office 2007 alongside office 2003

Try deselecting Word as your Outlook Email editor. I suspect that will be the issue, as it reconfigures Outlook 2003 each time to the changed Word version?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/instaling-issue-office-2007-alongside-office-2003.595899/
Relevancy 99.76%

Many friends complaint the ribbon of office 2007 too hard to use, I almost recommend them Classic Menu for Office 2007, for this deserves your try. Not only brings back the classic view, but also remain the new office menus and the ribbon.
If you are experience the same problem, except this office add-in, do you have any way?

A:Office 2007 switch office 2003 classic view

Hi Julie,
Welcome to the forum,
What I can't make out from post. Is this a question or are you informing?
It's the way you phrase your request that does not really reflect what you want or need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2007-switch-office-2003-classic-view.1016569/
Relevancy 99.76%

Can anyone tell me how to re-install Microsoft Office? I've just had to do a complete re-install of Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition (as a parallel, repair function was not working on the original version) after a blue screen error nightmare followed by issues with the keyboard and mouse not being recognized. Those issues are now resolved and I was able to keep my data. I see everything in the system has been restored except Microsoft Office 2007. I can see the files but cannot access the actual program. My word and excel files are there but I cannot open them without the program. I do have the Application and Drivers & Utilities CD's (DELL Dimension E520). Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Karen

A:[SOLVED] Need to re-install MS Office 2007 in Windows XP - (actually Office 2003)

You need the Office 2007 installation cd . . If it came with the PC, Dell should have included it in the package of cd's with the system

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-need-to-re-install-ms-office-2007-in-windows-xp-actually-office-2003-a-299520.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi everyone,

When I first got my computer (Windows 7 Home Premium SP1), it had a preinstalled trial version of Microsoft Office 2007. I removed it via the control panel (Programs and Features) and installed Office 2010. However, I still get Office 2007 updates via Windows Update. They even installed successfully.
There are no Office 2007 components listed under Programs and Features.

Why am I getting Office 2007 updates although I've got only Office 2010?...

A:receiving Office 2007 updates but have got Office 2010 installed

This should help:
How do I uninstall the 2007 Office suites if I cannot uninstall it by using the "Add or Remove Programs" feature?

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/163093-receiving-office-2007-updates-but-have-got-office-2010-installed.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hey All,

Here is my issue. The Company we consult for has not transitioned all of the way to Office 2007. We have a number of machines that still have Office 2003. Compatibility Pack works on almost all issues.

Current issue is one of our users received a PowerPoint 2003 that has embedded PowerPoint 2007 files. When the user opens the PowerPoint 2007 file Office 2003 shuts down. He has to download the 2007 file to his desktop.

From what I can see this is because the file conversion process shuts down Office 2003 before attempting to open the PowerPoint 2007 file.

Another issue that may be complicating the error is we had to run a Fixit patch from Microsoft that was causing Excel, Word and PowerPoint to be scanned which caused long opening times. I don't remember the KB article for that one at the moment but will find it if I need to.

Thanks for any help in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-cannot-open-embedded-office-2007-files.1019565/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hey guys, my wife is taking a course that requires her to install Office 2010. The issue is that she wants to preserve her current setup which includes Office 2003 and 2007 existing side-by-side on her Windows 7 (64-bit Home Edition) notebook.
The 2003/2007 setup is not one that she really wants to mess with (i.e., she has no interest whatsoever in uninstalling the two Office suites that she currently has), so ideally she would like to have Office 2010 installed temporarily (for the duration of her course) on the machine without interfering with the current setup.
What is the most painless way of doing this that does not involve shelling out for a second computer?

A:Installing Office 2010 on a machine with Office 2003/2007

Hi, welcome to the forum,
I had a similar situation here but in the end I opted out.

I removed both Office 2003 and 2007 and installed 2010, I then used virtual XP and installed 2003 there, 2007 and 2010 are too similar and the dll's will 'bite' along the way.

Even my 2003 and 2007 gave me issues after some time.

Have you checekd what the Microsoft Support site says?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/installing-office-2010-on-a-machine-with-office-2003-2007.1095088/
Relevancy 99.76%

it's possible that Office was installed improperly, i cannot open any other non Windows app, they all open to Office Word. is this a virus?

System Restore opens to Office, Control Panel works normally. How can I fix this?

A:Office 2010- the other apps have Word icons and open to Office.

Is this a legally liensed version of MS Office?

Sounds as if you didn't install Office...who did, in that case?

When was Office installed?

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548953/office-2010-the-other-apps-have-word-icons-and-open-to-office/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi Guys, can anyone help please. Serious problem with MS Word crashing each time I Save or Save As - MS Office Home and Student 2007 software. I've run MS Office Diagnostics twice and no problems were detected. The problem has been building up over the last few weeks but today has become really bad. Happens every single time I Save or Save As. So can't work at all. Thanks!

Relevancy 99.76%

Hi,
I plan to update Office Pro 2003 to Office 2013 with Outlook. I need some Advice on how to move all of my Outlook info in 2003 to Outlook 2013.
Thank you, Richard

Relevancy 99.76%

Hello - I own multi-user version of Microsoft Office 2007 Pro and in May 2012 purchased a new ASUS A54C-TS91 laptop with Windows 7 Home Premium and Office 2010 Starter Edition. I need Powerpoint and Outlook in addition to Excel and WORD. I tried to install the entire app. assuming certain "limited" components of 2010 would be overwritten with the "better"/more robust 2007 - however, while it appears Office 2007 Pro loaded properly and is shown in Control Panel with proper date as installed, there is no file size listed...... I have read several similar posts but wanted to provide specific details for my situation. Anyone have a similar issue - what is best solution? (i am a newbie to the group, so hope I didn't make a faux pas in relating my story). Any guidance is welcomed and appreciated. Minky

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trying-to-add-office-2007-pro-onto-new-laptop-with-starter-edition-of-office.1058543/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi, I searched before asking this and it's probably a very simple answer. I have removed Windows Office from my laptop. Now using Open Office. Am I correct in thinking that it is safe to ignore all Windows Updates for any Office application? Plus, is it safe to remove any that were installed prior to my switch to OO. Although, I would think they went with Office when it was uninstalled.

Thanks for your help.

A:Windows Office has been removed. Safe to ignore updates for Office?

short answer? yes

Long Answer? Indubitubly

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/90632-windows-office-has-been-removed-safe-ignore-updates-office.html
Relevancy 99.76%

upgraded to 2013

I told it to remove 2010 and install 2013

durning the install my nvidia drivers kept stopped responding. this problem stopped after office 2013 was installed and updated.

and later I found out my vmware installation was messed up and missing files. was working before.

what the heck happpend, I dont know..........office 2010 decided to take revenge? if it was going out . it was taking everyone out with it. lol

A:office 2010 to office 2013 weird thing happend

Are you running Windows in your VMWare installation or is your WMWare installation on your Windows machine?

It sounds like (drivers aside) there were some shared filed that may have been wiped that VMWare was using that belonged to Office 2010.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/23742-office-2010-office-2013-weird-thing-happend.html
Relevancy 99.76%

My PC OS is Windows 7 Pro and I am using Office 2003

I want to install Office 2010 on it.

I don't want two Office programs but I do want to keep My Doc's etc in the new Office 2010.

What is the procedure? 

fred93

A:Installing Office 2010 on a PC that is running Windows 7 and Office 2003

Hi fred93 The documents you created with Office programs aren't related to it. You can simply uninstall Microsoft Office 2003, and install Office 2010 and you'll be able to use them again. Simple as that.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572415/installing-office-2010-on-a-pc-that-is-running-windows-7-and-office-2003/
Relevancy 99.76%

Any idea when Office 2013 will be available for download / upgrade?

Thanks!

A:Purchased Office 2010 w/ free upgrade to Office 2013

Hi there
it's in the Ms store already -- although IMO I'd stick to Office 2010 if I were you.
Anyway YMMV so here's the link (UK store) .

Microsoft Store United Kingdom Online Store - Office Suites

What you'd do to get the upgrade price I don't know but Office 2013 IS available for download. Try phoning / emailing -- actually a better option these days is to use a FAX believe it or not for this type of question. Emails tend to get lost as people have 100'000's to deal with, phone calls are diabolical --endless menu systems, loads of waiting and people on the other side of the planet who are incredibly difficult to understand.

The lowly fax machine when it chatters into life usually gets INSTANT attention these days . !!

Cheers

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/19618-purchased-office-2010-w-free-upgrade-office-2013-a.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi, hope someone can help me..

We have installed Office 2013 (64bit) on 13workstations, but found out that clients require Office 2010 (32bit) for some programs that are linked.

We removed the Office 2013 (64bit) and installed Office 2010 (32bit).

Everything looks okay up until we try to do Office 2010 repair process.
We are getting the attached error screen..

I tried Wiindows Installer Cleanup utility but i couldnt find any traces of Office 2013.
Pls help..
regards,
Major

A:Office 2013 (64bit) downgraded to Office 2010 (32bit)

Hi majorbaluga, welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Removing Office completely can be difficult. Refer to the website below. This explains how to remove Office 2013. You may have to remove office 2010 as well & then reinstall office 2010.

https://support.office.com/en-ca/art...c-2fdf5dbf61d8

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/374274-office-2013-64bit-downgraded-office-2010-32bit.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I installed office 2007 (full install after uninstall of office 2003) on vista yesterday and every time I open an office product, it gives me a message ?please wait while Windows configures Microsoft Office professional 2007?. Then it pops a window with a status bar for ?Configuration Progress?.

I looked this up online and it said that this was caused by installing as a user, not an administrator. So I uninstalled office entirely, booted, and reinstalled as administrator.

Still doing the same thing. Anyone have any ideas?

A:office 2007 configuring every time I open an office app on vista

Hey
that behaviour it's from all office versions till now, i didn't see that in 2007, create a new user and see if it does the same, generally office firt starts do that to configure the profile, if it works just backup our profile and make a new one for you

Regards
Sergio

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/office-2007-configuring-every-time-i-open-an-office-app-on-vista-171659.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I have Office 2010 Standard Open License Version installed on 7 XP Pro machines. We discovered, when trying to open a .tif file, that Document Imaging has been removed from Office 2010. I found and followed instructions in KB982760 from the MS web site. I got lots of parts of Office 2007, including Word, but still no Document Imaging. I tried going through Add/Remove Programs to add the feature; still no luck. Has anyone been successful getting Document Imaging from a previous version of Office to run under 2010?

Thanks,
adaniel

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358499/office-2010-standrard-and-microsoft-office-document-imaging/
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi OS Windows Office office and sizing issues 2013 applications All - have bar title Office Version Professional Plus Every office application I Office 2013 - All office applications have sizing and title bar issues open seems to have a classic unthemed title bar and not maximise correctly When opening an office application a number of things happen The application opens behind any open windows The application when maximised appears to be open full screen with in an invisible frame Drop down lists within the application instantly close when clicked on Here are few images showing what I mean Steps taken to try to rectify the problem Reinstalled Office after having used Revo Uninstaller to remove any left over traces Rolled back to a time I don't believe the problem existed thought this may have existed from the start but never realised due to lack of use Reinstalled Graphics Card drivers Turned off any OS resizing options Tried changing the OS theme back to default Tried changing the screen resolution I should also mention that this only affects office applications and no other applications seem to have any issues like this I know I can get around the issue of it being maximised as can be seen from the screenshot The issues with dropdown boxes etc is a pain any help you guys can give would be appreciated

A:Office 2013 - All office applications have sizing and title bar issues

Have you tried an Office repair. This is how to do it with Windows 7, Open Control Panel, select Programs & Features, scroll down to Microsoft Office 2013 & Right Click on it & select Change & this will show a couple of Repair options to try. Windows 8 might be different as I haven't tried it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/356142-office-2013-all-office-applications-have-sizing-title-bar-issues.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I have several client PC's using my personal office 365 account that I want to move to their own separate office 365 account so that they are not in my account any longer. I have already logged into my account & deactivated them but need to give my client instructions on how to reactivate them with their own office 365 account.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438454-how-transfer-existing-office-365-install-windows-pc-another-office-365-account.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I have an Excel file which has some moving objects as well as some drop down menus. I recently installed MS Office 2007 after erasing 2003. The Excel tables now are disabled, the file now looks like a picture, only the fields outside of the content are really clickable.I have tried to enable all macros, downloaded the MS compatibility pack, still same issue. Any suggestions/ideas? The file works in 2013 and 2016.I can share the file upon request ...

A:Office 2003 Excel file will not open with Office 2007

Thank you for your suggestions, here an update: I got the file working - how, no idea. I re-opened the original attachment, deleted the one I had on my PC and voila, it works.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/office-2003-excel-file-will-not-open-with-office-2007/20074.html
Relevancy 99.76%

I'm running Win XP SP1

Just wondering if it will cause any problems if I add Powerpoint from Office 2000 to a machine which has Office 2002 with SP3 applied.

What's the position with Forward and Backward compatibility with Icrosoft programs?

Thanks

A:Compatibility: Can I add Office 2000 components to a machine with Office 2002 SP3?

blast9,

The general consensus is that it's best to

1) install the older applications BEFORE you install the newer ones
2) install them in different folders

e.g.
c:\program files\msoffice2002-xp\
c:\program files\msoffice2000\

cheers
TAJ Simmons
microsoft powerpoint mvp
http://www.powerpointbackgrounds.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compatibility-can-i-add-office-2000-components-to-a-machine-with-office-2002-sp3.323234/
Relevancy 99.76%

I am running a copy of Office 2007 Ultimate that I got through an academic program. I need to install a key for Office 2010 on a new system. The cost for the key only is about $20 less than a 3 license traditional disk version, so I am considering upgrading every system.

However, I don't want to lose MS Access or MS Publisher to upgrade.

If I install Office 2010 Home & Student over Office 2007 Ultimate, will the extra programs from Office 2007 still be available to me? I know they will not be upgraded, but having a few different versions floating around doesn't bother me.

A:Office 2007 Ultimate to Office 2010 Home & Student

No... those two programs are not available in the student version...

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/103491-office-2007-ultimate-office-2010-home-student.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Hi I have a client that has Office They have two people with this issue It's not really a huge problem but more as an annoyance Whenever they go to open a document through an Office product Word Excel File gt Open gt Computer gt Browse the documents appear Office not Icons program>open>browse when displayed in 365 being office but they're missing the icons next to their name There's barely any information on it when Googling this and they all seem to lead to dead ends for us The Office 365 Icons not being displayed when in office program>open>browse two I have found are http community office com en-us f t aspx and http social technet microsoft com Forums office en-US d b -eda - b -b e -e ffd b c word-and-excel-file-and-folder-icons-missing-in-file-open-dialog-box forum officeitpro neither have resolved our issue I have ran a repair on Office re-installed office recreated Windows icons and opened the programs in Safe Mode to no avail No Add-Ins are causing the issue You can see the icons to the left of the files in Internet Explorer when going to Documents Any help would be appreciated Thank you

A:Office 365 Icons not being displayed when in office program>open>browse

I am just throwing out an idea and it probably will not work but what happens when you change to Large Icon view? Do you see the icons?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535935/office-365-icons-not-being-displayed-when-in-office-programopenbrowse/
Relevancy 99.76%

I found and joined the forum about a fortnight ago so Greetings I am here now because I was floundering in cyber space and brought here by Hermes I guess because he knew that last June another mortal had the same problem but no solution see attached file Background info by way of introduction I am the sys administrator month old Compaq Preloaded of OFFice Office Problem:Vista:Compaq: v New Purchase SR UK preloaded with VISTA and MS OFFICE trial which I failed to get to work so I've managed with WORKS meanwhile amp a grudge the problem of Problem:Vista:Compaq: Preloaded OFFice v New Purchase of Office having been the one in control of my own PC for about years This week I bought Home Student Office in Problem:Vista:Compaq: Preloaded OFFice v New Purchase of Office the hope of getting to the point I was at over a decade ago being a happy MS s w user Then my problems began The installation started and almost instantly took a dive and said it had failed I checked the disk on an old PC and it is fine I assumed the pre-installed version could be the problem and tried to uninstall unsuccessfully tried turning off amp restoring user a c ctrl in case that would help but no Bottom line is that there are still over mb of s w which I cannot remove or use and a legal CD that cannot replace the existing version I use my PC almost non stop for all manner of things so regard it as a workhorse now I no longer have to be a system administrator for scientists like myself I realise if I had actually NEEDED Word when I got the PC amp persevered I would not now be looking for a solution and understanding from fellow mortals So to recap The attached message that I saved to file came on my screen today I turned to you for help amp have tried to give useful clues I'll continue my endeavours in case no one can help I hereby promise when I get a new PC with Windows when there will be no user problems I shall spend days learning the system and watching until I feel in control just like the old days If I get help I'll be grateful and appreciative I can go on giving it to others I shall be equally grateful

http://www.vistax64.com/software/205959-problem-vista-compaq-preloaded-office-v-new-purchase-office.html
Relevancy 99.76%

Having upgraded my desktop PC to Office 2010, I need to import three seperate letter template files for use in Word. These were lost during the upgrade but are on my laptop, which still runs Office 2003, as .dot type files and I also have them copied to a memory stick. However, I am at a loss as to how and where to save them into the new programme on my desktop PC. If it makes a difference, I should add that I do not use Libraries and have disabled them.
Can anyone advise please?

A:Importing template files from Office 2003 to Office 2010

Problem solved - with a bit of advice from a friend! Unsurprisingly, it's very simple.

- Open the document in Word
- Click "Save As"
- Scroll to top of folder list and, under "Microsoft Word", click "Templates"
- Name the template and select "Word Template" in the "Save As Type" list
- Save it

I still don't know where they are saved to but I can now call them up and use them.

Cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/218620-importing-template-files-office-2003-office-2010-a.html
Relevancy 99.76%

On my Win PC I have open office and on my WinXP Laptop I have Office Both have one major problem the spell-checker does not work regularly for English and does not work at all for other languages e g French Spanish or German I did read other threads regarding this problem and I did go through the routine of Tools-option-writing aids and marked quot check spelling as irregular / spell-checker Office Open 2007, Office you type quot I also have my abc on the menu bar checked and the adjacent ABC is underlined with a red wavy line which means the spell-checker is active The problem is that when Open Office / Office 2007, irregular spell-checker I activate the Eng language in my task bar and type a wrong word it will be marked with a Open Office / Office 2007, irregular spell-checker wavy red line-- which means my spell checker works for English Now while I Open Office / Office 2007, irregular spell-checker still have English on my language bar if I type a word in Spanish the spell-checker doesn t work because the foreign word is not marked with red-wavy line If I change the language in my task bar to Spanish and write a wrong Spanish word again the spellchecker doesn t seem to work Anybody has any idea what seems to be the problem I greatly appreciate your help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/open-office-office-2007-irregular-spell-checker.921149/