Windows Support Forum

how can i delete microsoft account from my phone nokia lumia 520

Q: how can i delete microsoft account from my phone nokia lumia 520

i used my friend account to download some thing and now i can't because he changed his password account what i can do do delete his account from my phone ?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: how can i delete microsoft account from my phone nokia lumia 520

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: how can i delete microsoft account from my phone nokia lumia 520

You have to factory reset the phone. It's the only way.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/324544-how-can-i-delete-microsoft-account-my-phone-nokia-lumia-520-a.html
Relevancy 27.52%

I'm trying to connect my PC and my Asus Zenfone 2 with Bluetooth. When I use the "add a device" wizard on Windows 8.1, my mobile phone is detected, but when I try to add it I get: "Windows doesn't have a network profile for this device".

Also, when I try to detect my computer with my mobile phone, its not detected.

I'm using a Trust USB 2.0 dongle Bluetooth adapter (the little one you insert on the usb port) that came with a keyboard and mouse Bluetooth set that I used. Could that dongle be designed only for the bluetooth keyboard and mouse set?

A:I cannot connect my phone to my PC (Windows 8.1) with Bluetooth

The Bluetooth device seems fine as it already detected your keyboard and mouse. However, your phone seems not supported with the current Bluetooth device and you might need to take another look.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-connect-my-phone-to-my-pc-windows-8-1-with-bluetooth.215646/
Relevancy 20.21%

Microsoft showed off a whole range of new PCs and devices running Windows 10 at Computex 2015, but one that really caught the eye is the Quanta Compute Plug, an entire PC integrated into a power plug the size of...

Read more

A:Microsoft shows off PC integrated into power plug

They may be handy to a lot and even have very reasonable prices but I can't imagine myself ever wanting any of these.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-shows-off-pc-integrated-into-power-plug.213681/
Relevancy 27.95%

Angry!!!Last week I bought a mobile phone named HTM ?and the model of the phone is XH292W.

But when I receive this phone, it seems the quality is not good, although phone?s functions are complete,it has 5MP camera?1GHZ dual core? but it always delay to running.

I searched some info about it on the Internet. Someone said that the phone is producted by a OEM named Wingtech?But I never heard about this OEM . Do you know?

Now, I wanna returned goods.And buy other one.

Who can help me to recommend a mobilephone? Thanks a lot???

PS.Never buy HTM's mobilephone .

A:The HTM phone is really weak burst

What's HTM? Is that GrayHandset copy HTC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-htm-phone-is-really-weak-burst.200803/
Relevancy 20.21%

Much of the lure surrounding Microsoft's long-rumored Surface Mini was the notion that it'd come in at a lower price point compared to its full-sized brother. That project was ultimately scrapped and instead, we got the Surface Pro 3 -...

Read more

A:Microsoft's new Atom-powered Surface 3 starts at $499

This was sounding so promising then I got to 2GB RAM....

Have a look at your PC now - if you are running next to nothing over standard windows services, then you are probably somewhere around 1.2GB. Add an email client, some virus software a few Chrome Tabs and you will already be swapping away to page file as the OS starts to worry about memory and things will start to grind. How much would 2 more MB cost? Shame as otherwise it sounds quite a capable little machine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsofts-new-atom-powered-surface-3-starts-at-499.210900/
Relevancy 28.38%

I've tried multiple smartphones over the past few months, but the more I use them, the more I hate them.

Phone: they have buttons on the side and front, so unless I hold the phone like some delicate photograph, the phone goes crazy with unwanted buttons pressed. Useless.

Web browsing: the screen is too small to read, even with reading glasses on. Useless.

Music: the battery dies after a few minutes of music. Useless.

Texting or email: the tiny keyboard is constantly hitting the wrong keys. Or sometimes, the autocorrect will change words I typed correctly. Nobody can figure out how to turn off autocorrect, including phone salesmen. Useless.

Battery life: the phones often die after being unplugged for an hour. Useless.

Glass surface: despite daily wiping, the glass looks greasy, encrusted with slime. It makes me hate looking at it or touching it.

Camera: the unwanted camera takes several unwanted pictures a day while I am trying to do other things.

So what should I do? If I get a non-smart phone, then people call me a geezer.

A:What phone should I get?

I'd call you a geezer after reading this post tbh.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-phone-should-i-get.206577/
Relevancy 27.09%

Well I am accessing my remote router via and it works access work via phone, Remote PC doesnt via ok when I am using my Phone s Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC browser chrome or IE on Samsung however when I am at computer at work I cant access my router I ran Tracert and I am getting up to hoops and th says quot Request timed out quot lt ms lt ms ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms lt ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms ms Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC ms ms ms border ge - unitedair- chg pnap net ms ms ms core te - -bbnet chg pnap net ms ms ms ae - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms xe- - - chi ip gtt net ms ms ms c-eth- - - -pe ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms he- - - - -cr ecermak il ibone comcast ms ms ms ms ms ms te- - - - -sur mortongrove il chicago com net ms ms ms te- - -cdn mortongrove il chicago comcas t Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Request timed out Trace complete Anyone would know why it works on the phone and doesnt really go through all the way to the end nbsp

A:Remote access ok via phone, doesnt work via PC

Ok I have to ask first when you are using your phone is it always using mobile data or do you connect it at work via wifi? When reason that makes sense to me is at your work they maybe blocking the remote port. I guess it all depends on what you are using also. If you are just using standard RDP then they might be blocking port 3389. If you could give further information on how you are connecting remotely whether using software such as teamviewer or just standard RDP. Also how do you have your router configured. I can better understand witht is information thanks....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-access-ok-via-phone-doesnt-work-via-pc.206550/
Relevancy 27.52%

Quick Facts:
Seattle has at least 10 cell phone theft cases daily, authorities say.
Prosecutors say thieves using cell phone buy-back kiosks.
Police say to write down IMEI number before your phone is stolen.
Phones with IMEI numbers reported stolen are useless to thieves.
READ MORE
My question is what if it don't have an IMEI number but a MEID number? Are they one in the same?

A:Cell phone thefts: How you can protect yourself

Found my answer http://www.wikihow.com/Find-the-IMEI-or-MEID-Number-on-a-Mobile-Phone

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone-thefts-how-you-can-protect-yourself.206623/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi I'm not a tech-y person so I'm just hoping that someone can help me.

I recently bought a new laptop it's a Lenovo G40
System:

Intel Core i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 4.00GB
64-bit Operating System
Windows 8.1 Single Language
I got home, downloaded and installed Firefox for me to use as my default browser. I got to use it for awhile (about 3 hrs) then I tried going on Facebook and it was taking too long to load. Then I tried it on my phone, it loaded faster than on my laptop. I tried searching (on both devices) random stuff on google (e.g. Miley Cyrus) and it took my laptop about 3 mins to load and my phone only took less than a minute to load. I did a speedtest on my laptop and I got 3.4mbps as a result (that's fast enough right?).

I really hope someone could help me with this because I'm currently student and I have a lot of requirements to do and I can't do that without a laptop and internet.

A:Slow internet on laptop but fast on phone

So, all 3 are on WiFi. Can you run a test with either of the laptops connected with an Ethernet cable and let us know the results? I suspect your wireless router has 802.11N, and that your phone supports it but your PCs only support 802.11G. 802.11N and G don't always play nicely together, and no 802.11G implementations is ever going to deliver 49Mbps of application layer throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-internet-on-laptop-but-fast-on-phone.205723/
Relevancy 27.95%

Have to choose a new work phone but I have a hard time deciding ... Friend's Galaxy S5 and 8200 mah battery seems awesome so Apple and Microsoft are not up to my mind. Since the new phone is supposed to live with me for like 2 years, so..what's the average life span of Samsung phone?
Anyone have opinions? Samsung Galaxy Note 4 or Galaxy S5?

A:Need a phone to live with me for like 2 years

A smartphone can last for numerous years as long as you don't abuse it. It isn't a matter of lifespan since most phone hardware gets dated after 2-4 years and you are going to want an upgrade. It will still work even after the cell service is ended.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-phone-to-live-with-me-for-like-2-years.205036/
Relevancy 21.93%

My bother had deleted my laptop partition files and folders when attempting to extend my C partition. All my stored partition movies were lost and could not be found in Recycle Bin. Do you know where these partition videos are? I really want to view these videos again. What can I do to rescue them? Thank you for any advice!

A:Delete hard drive partition data

Hey, Luminaton03!

Sorry to hear you are experiencing such an issue.
Your data is stilll there somewhere as long as you don't overwrite it. If you save new data, it would rewrite your previous files.
I did some research for you and I found a threat that you might find helpful:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...back-the/a003d747-b760-42a7-819b-0235e8ec6d2c

I really hope this works for you!
Good luck!

SuperSoph_WD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/delete-hard-drive-partition-data.204583/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hello, totally noob to phone networks. I am going to have a US version of Galaxy S5 and order an extra battery for it on mpj. Can I use both of them on overseas carriers? Thank you for any kindly help.

A:Can I use my phone on overseas network?

The specs shown here declare

Also known as Samsung GS 5
Available as:
Samsung SM-G900F - for Europe
Samsung SM-G900I - for Asia
Samsung SM-G900K/G900L/G900S - for Korea
Samsung SM-G900M - for Vodafone
Samsung SM-G900A - for AT&T
Samsung SM-G900T - for T-Mobile
Samsung SM-G900V - for Verizon
Samsung SM-G900R4 - for US Cellular
Samsung SM-G900P - for Sprint
​General 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

So yes, it is compatible with EU providers. Caution however; your current provider will bill you for roaming charges. When in Europe, I always buy a local SIM card and fund it with enough credit to last the trip - - that will also give you a local phone number. If you book theater events or need to call for reservations, they will be more likely to answer the phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-my-phone-on-overseas-network.201690/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hi So my HTC just old Nokia Problems 7360 spare with got stolen so I had to dig up my old spare phone it s a old Nokia and it works somehow I can call and I can txt but I can t save any new contacts it just says something like quot forbidden action quot anyhow I can t copy old contacts from the Problems with old spare Nokia 7360 phone to the sim card I can t delete old contacts so I was going to reset the whole thing but I have changed the security code by default it should be and I can t remember what I have changed it to and yes I have tried all the possibilities that there are So what to do -any ideas P S It also says that the memory is full and it can t save any MMS WAP what nat settings EDIT Have got it connected to the computer now with a data cable and using Nokia PC Suite and I made a backup of everything just in case but Problems with old spare Nokia 7360 it failed to backup the contacts so I tried to just open and view all the saved contacts but it just fails Anyhow I m not really interested in the old contacts so I don t mind but when it fails to read the contacts it also fails when I try to add new contacts via the computer Next step was to download Nokia Software Updater that s also what the PC Suite suggested but it can t quot find quot the phone when it s connected So what next -I could send it to Nokia so that they there would flash it but then if there is some other problems with it it would cost a fortune and it s not worth it nbsp

A:Problems with old spare Nokia 7360

You need to go in the nearest nokia care point at your place. You can also go to unauthorised repair shop for reformatting or reflashing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-old-spare-nokia-7360.171731/
Relevancy 27.95%

Good day mates! Quick question, what smart phone are you using for gaming? I use a Samsung S Duos and it seems fine to me. Getting rare delays and hangs but works good in my gaming. I play Kingdom of Legend and it runs smoothly in my phone. I can also play other games but I really liked this one because I don't get lags or any internet connections problems. Suggest me any phones and the price so I can budget things out lol.

Thanks in advance!

A:Games for smartphones? What is your phone?

Samsung GalaxyNote3

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-for-smartphones-what-is-your-phone.201443/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi I m relatively new to this new choosing phone Dilemma forums but chose to join to ask your thoughts and opinions regarding my situation My iphone s has come time for an upgrade and I absolutely refuse to get one of the new iphones to me they are bland boring and have no appeal other than the build quality So after some browsing and shopping I came to the conclusion on a few smartphones that I would like After constant research on each phone I couldn t come across Dilemma choosing new phone an actual decision so here I ask what you think I should do Do not limit choices due to price because that doesnt matter at the moment So here are my choices HTC one - I love the look of Dilemma choosing new phone the phone the feel of the phone Its sleek yet simple The thing stopping me from getting this is the fact that the new one is a few months away so the hardware is SOMEWHAT outdated I d be getting a phone for a year contract so I m stuck with whatever choice for two years Galaxy Note - I love the look the features and the S pen The S pen is sweet in my eyes I could see myself using that feature for so many things What I don t like is the size I feel as though people will see the phone and comment mock at the size calling it a tablet I also hear that samsung phones are slow or have bloatware Which I truly don t know what that is so if somebody may inform me that d be cool too Would I be able to fit this thing in my pocket would it be cumbersome On the plus side though I can go get this thing right now and not have to wait a few months Wait for HTC one two or one - I could wait for the sequel or the next HTC flagship The problem with this is nobody knows what the things supposed to look like and the quot RUMORED quot specifications aren t exactly too great The specifications are rumored to be about what the Galaxy Note s are Some speculate a new processor I m not sure Another downside is I d have to wait a couple months for it Wait for Samsung galaxy S - I could wait for the sequel or the next Samsung flagship type phone These are speculated to have a metal case etc etc However it wont have an S pen which I really would enjoy blah blah blah Well those are my choices and I ask you which you think would could be a best bet to last me Please don t offer any other phones I m definitely NOT getting a god forsaken iPhone Thanks nbsp

A:Dilemma choosing new phone

I'll add my 2cents

1) Seems there's always something nicer, better, faster on the horizon... my take: Unless you really know something is out in the next 30days or so I go for what I know instead of stressing on the "next thing"

2) I know several people who LOVE their Galaxy Note 3 - but their all women and have a purse to keep them in. I can't make your decision but you really need to weigh how much you really need/want the pen vs. convenience of a phone that slips into a shirt or pants pocket

p.s. that's why I went with the S4 instead of the Galaxy when I recently upgraded my own phone
p.p.s. I'm very happy with the S4 but will add I also bought and like the flip cover. I also know someone without the "S cover" - and their phone sometimes thinks the have the S cover and "blacks out" into the S cover phone screen

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dilemma-choosing-new-phone.199108/
Relevancy 27.09%

I need a smartphone that I can put a document with addresses and phone numbers on and the smartphone will hyperlink the number straight from the document.

I currently use iPhone 3gs and a app (Documents by Savy Soda) and it works: wifi doc to phone; open app; open doc; touch phone number and WaLa! it calls the number

I tried Windows phone thinking with Word and Excel on it, the phone would call from the document. NOT! I sent a file to a friend who has and Android phone and it won't do it either.

I'm not fond of Apple, so my question is:

IS THERE ANY PHONE OUT THERE THAT WILL HYPERLINK PHONE NUMBERS FROM A DOCUMENT?

Moderator note: drgerry, no need to shout.

A:Smartphone that will hyperlink phone numbers from document?

Stick with the iPhone then. But I know with Gmail if you open a doc with cell number on it will launch Android phone apk. I haven't tried that with Window smartphone with Gmail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/smartphone-that-will-hyperlink-phone-numbers-from-document.200204/
Relevancy 86.86%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 27.09%

This is not intended to be a sob story but I just want you to know what it is all about. I have a niece that is slowly deteriorating from MS. She does not have much that she can do anymore but one of her enjoyments is playing a game called WSOP Challenge (world series of poker challenge). Right during Christmas the game stopped working and Sprint can't seem to help her get it back on her phone. She called me asking if I knew what to do and I tried but could not find any info on what she needed to do to get it working. Sprint told her to delete it from her phone which was not a good idea because I have found no where that she can download it from and put it back on her phone. Would anyone be so kind to give me some advice on how to fix her problem. Time is not on her side but what she does have left I want it to be very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-rumor-phone-and-game-question-very-important.199220/
Relevancy 27.52%

My phone( T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SII ) always losing connection maybe because I am living at the edge of the signal coverage. Battery get eaten very fast because of weak signal strength. It is still manage to last over one day with my mpj extended battery though, I have to reboot frequently just to get connected. How can I boost the signal enough for it to work consistently? Please help and thank you millions in advanced.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/signal-not-enough-for-my-phone-works-consistently.199123/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have recently started getting a warning:

"(U)SIM full, please delete or else cann't receive."

I use a D-Link usb dongle to connect to the net, and there are no SMS?s on the SIM card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:(U)SIM full, please delete or else can't receive

Is this a Skype phone?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/u-sim-full-please-delete-or-else-cant-receive.198771/
Relevancy 27.52%

Do you guys remember the first time to wipe your phone and what probems did you encounter When my first time to wipe my BB I thought I had performed a security wipe to it but I was terrified that phone? the first your Remember wiped time it won s switch on Cuz it was my first BB and I did not want to screw it up Then I tried to find ou why the device not powering on Actually before the wipe I already had some trouble with wi-fi scanning it either show the previous network it was connected or no network found so I decided to wipe it out After the wipe when I turned it on the display showed logo like shredding something and I waited and waited but it won Remember the first time wiped your phone? t turn on Then I tried to remove the MPJ battery which I bought for extending battery life for several minutes and then switched on again but the same logo appeared I felt hopeless and pissed so I decided to left my phone aside and Remember the first time wiped your phone? did my own thing Several hours later I picked up my BB and surprised it was able to turn on Then I googled the meaning of the logo and there was nothing wrong of my phone just not patient enough nbsp

A:Remember the first time wiped your phone?

I don't like the Blackberry without the keyboard, the best BB is 9930 and the keyboard is so good that I can not help to writing something all the time.

BB10 is a little expensive now and maybe I will buy a second hand one in the future.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remember-the-first-time-wiped-your-phone.196498/
Relevancy 20.64%

Recently bought a MS mouse.

Have found that when I move the scroll wheel up or down more than really slowly
a little round icon appears with an up arrow and a down arrow. If the cursor is
above the icon, the page automatically scrolls upward without stopping, and the reverse for the cursor being below that icon. It starts without warning and always goes farther than I want and it goes so fast it's difficult, at best, to react to it before I'm way past what I want to see.

When I click, the thing goes away.

Any way to totally delete this annoying feature other than throwing the mouse away and
getting another Logitech?

Thanks!

A:Microsoft mouse scrolling so annoying

Wow I know that feeling. I had a MS mouse that did the same thing. Never could figure out how to stop it from doing that. I search over the internet and never found a answer. Even tried its support site. I ended up getting rid of it and going back to a Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-mouse-scrolling-so-annoying.197079/
Relevancy 28.38%

Would anyone know if there's help on techspot for cell phones?

A:Cell Phone

Ask away. The worst that can happen is no one knows the answer but someone might. Not me necessarily but someone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone.196173/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hellow guys! can someone teach me how to delete partition withdout using cd/dvd drive bcause my drive is dump and when I re install the OS using card of my fon I cant delete the C: only the D: and there I have 2 OS when I get boot HELP

A:How to delete C: without using CD/DVD room

I think you have installed dual windows, try using a bootable pen drive!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-delete-c-without-using-cd-dvd-room.195986/
Relevancy 20.64%

Good morning everyone,

My database at work has hit a snag. Whenever I open it I get this error (see attach.) Once I click on yes, it still does not open. It just shows the loading circle (Vista) constantly...

A colleague and myself are the only ones who use this database - it holds 17,000+ files that we have to track. Hers works fine, albeit slowly.

Any help out there with this one? Always appreciated.

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-access-database-issues.194266/
Relevancy 28.38%

I am using iphone5 currently what phone you are using.

Relevancy 18.06%

Hi,

I am running XP SP 2 on Intel Motherboard DH55TC, Core i5 CPU. UAA High Definition Audio class driver is resulting in high hardware interrupts that uses upto 10 to 12% of CPU. The interrupts goes away if I uninstall UAA Bus driver through Device Manager. But this also disables RealTek audio driver which means I hear sound no more.

I tried updating the UAA driver to Version 1.0a but still the hardware interrupts wont go away. Please help how to fix this issue.

A:Microsoft UAA bus driver for High Definition Audio is causing high hardware interrupt

Download the Realtek drivers here Realtek drivers, you want the third one down, Windows 2000, Windows XP/2003(32/64 bits) Driver only (Executable file)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-uaa-bus-driver-for-high-definition-audio-is-causing-high-hardware-interrupt.152928/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have an: DIXONH55ITX Socket 1156 Advent Firefly FP 3104 System Motherboard

I'm looking to upgrade for 2 main reasons.

1.) Upgrade my Ram, (as the limit of ram for this motherboard is 4gb.)
2.) More than 1 PCI-E slot. (There's only one on this motherboard.)

But my main question is:
What do I need to take into account when upgrading my Motherboard?
(Compatibility issues etc.)

Also any motherboard recommendations (under 200). As I'm planning on upgrading my computer to a gaming rig.

Any replies would be greatly appreciated.

A:What do I need to take into account when upgrading my motherboard?

Not quite understanding you. Are you wanting to keep all other parts and just upgrade mobo, ram and gpu?:

It sounds to me like you are wanting to build an entire new system. If so, give us a budget and what should be included (monitor, windows etc.).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-do-i-need-to-take-into-account-when-upgrading-my-motherboard.190547/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hi,

Anyone have a best practice for user who wants to change there password on there Windows machine (on a domain) and phone at the same time without locking there account?. Most of the time the user change his password on Windows then by the time it change it on his phone his account is lock due to the fact that the phone is trying to login with old password.

A:Best practice to change password on Windows and phone

Log out on one machine before you change your password on the other.
Log back in with new password.

This post made my brain hurt quite a lot! its like chicken Vs egg ..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-practice-to-change-password-on-windows-and-phone.189331/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I am using a transcend pen drive to transfer files between my netbook and desktop, both with XP when I delete folder from the pen drive while connected to the desktop, it shows the pen drive as empty and thereafter I "safely remove" the pendrive. however, when I insert it into the netbook, it shows the data still present. if I now re-insert it into the desktop, it shows the data again. ?? btw if I delete it when connected to the netbook, it stays deleted and does not show up again! what gives? I have emptied the recycle bin too. am wondering if there are some settings I need to change. I just got a new desktop and am transferring my data onto it from the netbook! thanks, appreciate any answers in advance!

A:Delete file in pen drive

Likely you need to ensure that the pen-drive has the NTFS permission for <everyone> to be full control.

Use any Administrator Login, insert the Pen Drive, right click the pen-drive-letter -> Properties->Security

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/delete-file-in-pen-drive.188509/
Relevancy 20.64%

Why doesn't my microsoft lifecam work with windows 7? Is there a simple way to fix this problem?

A:Windows 7/Microsoft Lifecam

We would need the model number to tell you a reason to why it is not working, and if there is a fix.. If there is no supported driver for windows7, you may need to attempt to use a Windows Vista driver and run it in compatibility mode.

If these options are not possible, you may have to purchase a new one.

Please reply back with the model of the webcam.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-microsoft-lifecam.185668/
Relevancy 32.68%

Before I get to the poll a little history is in order I got my first droid retiring my GS moved to iOS from WinMO few years ago But I think it is the most 920 or ATIV Lumia S regrettable of decisions I made Because despite the fact that I always went for the higher end droid at least of its time e g Desire SGS SGSII Sensation SGSIII to name few I never found a stable solidly performing android phone They all suffered from random crashes reboots sluggishness hang ups and I only install apps - I need nothing more They all have various annoying quirks as well e g SGS ATIV S or Lumia 920 III doesn t want to find any WiFi network at times folders on home screen will randomly open at ATIV S or Lumia 920 their own my older Sensation s screen would stop responding quot in some places quot etc IMHO almost all droids I owned had great hardware but a crappy OS Few months ago I got my hands on Lumia and used it along side my Sensation SGS III for months and my views about WP totally changed It easily outperforms all those multi-core droids with its dated single core SoC being absolutely rock solid and very easy to use UI unlike androids copycat of iOS It is time again to jump ship only thing to decide is should I get ATIV S or Lumia though I m tilting toward the later due to better support upgrade cycle of Nokia compared to Samsung However SuperAMOLED display of ATIV S will be more battery friendly and it also have expansion slot ATIV S comparison Lumia specs Specs of HTC X amp Accord rumored Lumia along side Samsung ATIV S So what you guys would pick nbsp

A:ATIV S or Lumia 920

I'm firmly set on the Lumia 920 right now. I've always had a thing for Nokia handsets, and until Android hit the scene I only ever owned them. Plus, I don't think I'll miss the lack of storage expansion (my SGS3 has 16GB now and I'm only using 1GB of it!), and I think Nokia will be quicker and more supportive with its own apps than Samsung will be.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ativ-s-or-lumia-920.185141/
Relevancy 28.38%

My zte n290 phone wont turn on. As the power button is pressed the loading bar comes up(loads up by % 1-100) and then the phone turns off.I think it had to do with the Uart 2 settings in the engineer menu when it was set to uart 2.

A:Phone won't turn on

Can you 'reset the device'?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/phone-wont-turn-on.185291/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi there.

So, I'm buying a phone. Details aside, I've found these two for ?30 at a local retailer:

Vodafone 858 Smart
ZTE Xiang
These are each one's specs shown in a comparison:
http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3955&idPhone2=3112#results

and another one:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer&id1=588&id2=1993&id3=2874&del_id=588

From what I understand here, it's tough really. For a start, I really like the keyboard aspect of the Xiang, on the other hand everyone is buying phones like the Vodafone, and Android is another bonus. I'm asking for your help. I'm just that average young guy who communicates and uses the Internet a lot, and games as well, but because of school I'd like to be able to work as well. Can your recommend me the best one in your opinion?

Cheers.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-choosing-a-new-phone.183704/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have a mixture of domain and workgroup computers on the network and wan to have them all visible in Microsfot Windows Network My Network Place Group - Machine amp Machine are on workgroupA with its not Computer Microsoft in visible Windows Network own subnet and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are on the domain and can see each other fine Group - Machine amp Machine are also on the domain however on a different subnet and it too can see each other fine If I am on Machine it only sees Machine When I am on Machine it can not see Machine or however it can see Machine The same goes for Machine can t see any other machine except Machine even though its on the domain I have a WINS server in place in Group and it WINS see all the machines as Active Registrations But when I go into My Network Places on the WINS server it only sees machines in Group which are Machine amp Machine DNS entries are setup correctly with correct hostname and IP so I m lost as to what is happening here Sorry of this sounds confusing nbsp

A:Computer not visible in Microsoft Windows Network

My understanding is that

a given system(A) may be attached to a domain OR
unattached and accessed in a workgroup; mutually exclusive.
That says your request is not possible

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-not-visible-in-microsoft-windows-network.181851/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi guys,

I got an old Samsung M580 Replenish but I set a password on it. My new phone broke and I need to unlock this phone to use it again but I forgot the password. Does anyone know of a software or any way I can hack back into my old phone?

Thanks guys!

A:Hacking an Andriod Phone

There is no hacking needed. Just put the phone through a hard reset. I have added a link on how to do it with a Samsung M580 Replenish.
Hard Reset Samsung Replenish

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hacking-an-andriod-phone.181376/
Relevancy 27.95%

My cellphone is experiencing something I don't know about.

When it is open, sooner or later it lights up again. I check whether it is a message, but no. It is just turning on.

A:My cell phone problem

I'd say Google using your phone's make and model and problem you're experiencing as the keywords. Depends on the popularity of your phone, you might be able to find forums dedicated to it.

Have you tried resetting your phone or update the firmware to see if the problem goes away? Or taking the battery out?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-cell-phone-problem.179363/
Relevancy 20.21%

I've been playing games for more than 12 years with KB+Mouse and have never used a controller before. Games are becoming more and more controller optimized and I have an Eyefinity setup that would give a better experience with a gamepad, so I decided to get one

I've narrowed my options to Razer Onza TE BF3 Edition (Wired):

http://store.razerzone.com/store/razerusa/en_US/pd/productID.235034100/categoryId.54297600

And Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows :

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Xbo...d-20&ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1322381006&sr=8-3

They both seem pretty good, but have heard very mixed views on razer products...

Which one is better ?

A:Razer Onza or Microsoft controller for Windows?

Do you already own a wireless 360 controller? You can use a 360 controller on your PC if you add one of these. I use it and it works fine.
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wire...FCT2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331256805&sr=8-1

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/razer-onza-or-microsoft-controller-for-windows.178459/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi, I had a laptop Vaio, windwos XP home edition and before crashing for good I manage to have all data saved on external hard drive. Now I have a new HP, Windows 7, processor A8 and when I try to trim the backup data I can't delete anything from it. The delete button just doesn't work and right click dosen't show delete option. The data is huge I need that space.Thanks.

A:Can't delete backup file created in XP, now I run Windows 7

Have you tried to format the drive through Disk Management? Formatting will erase everything on it. This assumes you don't still have anything on the external drive you want to save.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-delete-backup-file-created-in-xp-now-i-run-windows-7.172452/
Relevancy 35.69%

hi
i have a nokia N900 phone and this is the error messag am getting when i switch on the phone,
All telephony functions, including emergency calls, are disabled due to a
communication error. To recover, you might have to reboot the device.
any one with the soluiton to is. help

A:Nokia N900

open the back, take out the battery and then remove the SIM card.

replace the battery and power-on. of course it will not run, but it resets the
firmware.

shutdown and reinstall the SIM and try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nokia-n900.171709/
Relevancy 27.52%

Guess this is the right place to put this So I m tasking with trying to replace our -Line phone system for work Right now we have an RCA Executive Series systems basses model RE -A with a cordless tethered to each base and they system phone 4-Line expandable have served us well for the last or years But the cordless are dieing and some of the basses are getting cross talk between lines We found some replacement ones on eBay a few years back for a good deal and kept the phone system running for a few more years But the system is discontinued and finding more replacement handsets is hard and expensive I think they were about new for the cordless handsets and are going for or so So I m looking into a new -Line system for our shop But I don t really have much experience with them I m finding a lot of options but not much for info on which systems are good and which are crap I don t 4-Line expandable phone system want to try to screw with a Voip system would rather 4-Line expandable phone system stick with something I can hook into the existing phone jacks in the building So anyone have any experience with these and can point me towards a good one nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-line-expandable-phone-system.171397/
Relevancy 27.09%

Please i don t know wat s wrong with my windows ultimate i have been enjoying it peacefully sorry if i opened this thread in the wrong section the board is so wide so i just felt if i might get some help cause i got this wonderful site on google so i normally use my nokia n to connect to the internet via external bluetooth but some few days ago a friend gave me a usb mouse nd i installed it in the same port where the usb bluetooth was installed but surprisingly after using it nd inserting my usb bluetooth back The problem started nd dis have happened to me once when i was using win basic nd i formatted Problem with USB the Bluetooth of connecting my use external phone n70 my pc but i don t wanna do dat anymore i want to find the solution to the problem surprisingly my nokiapc suite no longer Problem connecting my n70 phone with the use of external USB Bluetooth see my modem i now have to remove the modem from the pc Uninstall the bluetooth from device manager nd even deleted the pairing with my fone then inserted back the bluetooth During installation of the bluetooth the blueetooth peripheral device wasn t installed successfully But it s normal nd my modem worked like that before then after installation i now tried to add my n device via the bluetooth But my modem isn t detected after the adding Please i really need some help cos am messed up ryt nw Pls if u need money to help me out Indicate Thanx sobs nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-connecting-my-n70-phone-with-the-use-of-external-usb-bluetooth.170161/
Relevancy 27.09%

Tyring to figure out for friend (for real, a friend):

He runs no landlines nor DSL/Cable Modems only connects through this Tmobile personal Hotspot through his MyTouch 4G.

Just purchased new Blu-Ray with all the bells and whistles requiring internet connectivity, either Cat5 or Wi-Fi (with additional Adapator, yet acquired).

Wants to create access however for Blu-Ray (and possibly printer) utlizing Hotspot and Cat 5 connectivity. Which type of equipment, least cost, known ease of use under this type of access/provider)

Thanks for any insights. Regards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/t-mobile-phone-hotspot-blu-ray-wireless-connectivity.169012/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi!

First of all, I dont know if this is the right spot to ask about hosting, but since Techspot has helped me with a lot of computer related problems, I thought Id give it a try...

Anyways, Im about to buy a hosting plan from Hostgator, but I want to use one account to host at least 3 different sites (top domains, like firstpage.com, secondpage.com and thirdpage.com). I know the reselling account would be the most effective, but I dont need to have a different cPanel for each user.

Can this be done with a Baby plan? Im going to buy domain names from another company, but I guess that doesnt matter. Im new to all this hosting stuff, so any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

A:Hosting several sites on one account

that's all up to the hosting site policies - - don't hold your breath.

the Apache2 web server does this with <VirtualHost: ipaddress:80>
see http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hosting-several-sites-on-one-account.167782/
Relevancy 35.26%

The title says it all Hopefully placed in the correct thread quot Out in the bush quot the connection to the world wide web is very slim Thus using a smartphone as a modem is the only option available for the I do a USB(cable)-modem? as 5230 Nokia How use me at this time Thus I want to connect to the WWW using a Nokia Details The PC is a laptop Toshiba Satellite C D and the smartphone is a Nokia The OS is a legitimate How do I use the Nokia 5230 as a USB(cable)-modem? Windows Home P -bit On the Nokia website How do I use the Nokia 5230 as a USB(cable)-modem? it says that the phone can act as a modem using the USB-cable just like using the bluetooth-to-modem function on the iPhone But I ve not successfully tracked down any instructions on how to do so Solution I need a step-by-step instruction describing how to connect to WWW using the phone described above The instructions does absolutely not need to be beginners-grade I m accustomed to computers but not with phone-to-modem solutions I think I might need some drivers aswell Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:How do I use the Nokia 5230 as a USB(cable)-modem?

The instructions are in the Cell Phone User's Guide and will be specific to the make/model.

But the concept is simple enough:
connect the cellphone to the PC with the USB cable
you should first make sure you can access the phone from the PC,
by using something like a contack sync program.
The Nokia 5230 should support the Nokia PC Suite which is downloadable for free.
then on the cellphone, you Make A Connection

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-use-the-nokia-5230-as-a-usb-cable-modem.165383/
Relevancy 27.95%

i recieved the installation messages for my phone from the service providers for the mobile web setup upon installtion my phone constantly restarts upon trying to enter the browser, tried every thing reset all that plzz help...
its a samsung t239..
thanks.

A:Browser restarts phone

Take the phone back to your service provider and have them take a look at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-restarts-phone.164474/
Relevancy 27.09%

It would appear that there was some type of caulking holding the digitizer down. I've managed to hold it in place with 4 drops of superglue in select places. didn't do a heavy duty job, I just want it to stay in place till I can get my hands on the right stuff. Anyone know what kind of glue it is and where I can get some?

Also, when I replaced my digitizer sometimes the screen is unresponsive. It works about 95% of the time but I would like it to work 100% of the time.

I have the LG quantum C900 if anyone needs to know.

A:Replaced my digitizer in my smart phone, need special glue

yRaz said:

It would appear that there was some type of caulking holding the digitizer down. I've managed to hold it in place with 4 drops of superglue in select places.Click to expand...

Do you know what happens to Styrofoam when you put a drop of Super-Glue on it ?

yRaz said:

Anyone know what kind of glue it is and where I can get some?Click to expand...

I don't know what they use on mobile phones however the electrician whom I took my *shower proof* battery powered shaver to, for a replacement battery. Said that stuff was just 'nothing more than hot melt glue' see HMA wiki-link here

If you don't have a *Hot Melt Glue Gun* you don't know what your life is missing :haha:_

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-my-digitizer-in-my-smart-phone-need-special-glue.164531/
Relevancy 27.52%

I am using wireless net from a router that is far from my computer and my phone has 3g hotspot capabilities so I thought hey maybe I can use both at once.

A:Can I use my phone to make my Internet even faster?

treetops said:

I am using wireless net from a router that is far from my computer and my phone has 3g hotspot capabilities so I thought hey maybe I can use both at once.Click to expand...

???

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-my-phone-to-make-my-internet-even-faster.164630/
Relevancy 27.52%

Lookout and wheres my droid need you to have text through your carrier. I do not. What app can I use in case I lose my phone that doesn't need text?

if no one here knows does anyone know the a techspot of cellphones type site ?

A:What app can I use on my Droid to find my phone if I don't have text?

Your carrier should be able to help you with this...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-app-can-i-use-on-my-droid-to-find-my-phone-if-i-dont-have-text.163918/
Relevancy 28.38%

so i am going to buy a phone pretty soon . and i was thinking for

samsung galaxy 3 or samsung galaxy pop .

so as galaxy pop is much cheaper and almost has the same features as galaxy 3 .

but for most of the review i read on the net it says that galaxy pop has horrible battery life . so is the battery really so bad . ?

so which phone should i buy ? galaxy 3 or galaxy pop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-phone-should-i-buy.163679/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi,

I had been away from here for a while. I'm back with a problem. I would like to know how can I unlock GSM phone by myself??

The model: HAUWEI G2010
IME: 354093041304731

Hope I can get your help soon,

Thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-unlock-gsm-phone.163542/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi , I have only one partation and I fedup with some problems from the laptop so I really want to delete everything and start a new life
You must read my other thread because it will help you to understand something I want to say
.techspot.com/vb/topic160937.html#post1002651
or I can say I can't do anything till the welcome screen comes so I cant log in safe mode etc.
Thx

A:I want to delete my only one partition

You need to go into the bios at startup and set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order, then insert your OS disc and reboot, follow the prompts to format and install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-want-to-delete-my-only-one-partition.160938/
Relevancy 27.95%

so heres my network setup...one modem/router (provided by my ISP) , it does not have wifi so i have another wifi router ....an ethernet cable from the isp modem is connected to the WAN port of the wifi router...both DHCPs enabled and all my network clients are connected to the wifi router...everything works flawlessly but my phone, (Sony Ericsson W960)....youtube doesnt work when i use this network setup...but if i make the wifi router act simply as a switch, then youtube works on my phone...any idea why this is happening? i want to use the setup that i have because it gives me greater control over the network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/youtube-not-working-on-phone.159413/
Relevancy 28.38%

ok i have agreat pc the only problem is that i want to send faxes to the pc and my pc doesnt have a phone jack noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! bumer. well that sucks so i thought were or better what could i do to solve this problem. i vr tried looking at efax but im not sure i could send the fax from the fax itself to the email adress, so what should i do i have a dsl modem is there a way i could use this to solve my problem??

A:Fax to pc without phone jack

...my pc doesnt have a phone jack...Click to expand...

That just means it doesn't have a modem card. Have you considered getting one? They're very inexpensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fax-to-pc-without-phone-jack.159357/
Relevancy 27.95%

With proliferation of internet phones, does anybody have any idea how HyperTerminal used via dial-up through a traditional land line can be done with these new internet phone?

A:Using HyperTerminal over Internet phone

hmm; I think there's a problem with the concept.

Hyper Terminal is like Telnet; it accesses a shell account at the remote site.

*IF* a remote site would still have modems AND allow dial-in access, then one might
be able to make this work and your question then gets solved on the smartphone with the right App.

I think the premise is not very probable any longer - - who allows dial-in when 99.9% of the world is not DSL or Cable connected?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-hyperterminal-over-internet-phone.156163/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hi,

i have recovered some of my deleted videos with a recovery software but most of the filles can't oppen with any of the palyers that i have down load even down load the codec pack but still not working.. need a help on this as these videos are very important !!!!!!!!

A:Some videos I have recovered from my phone is not working!

A file doesn't get permanently destroyed and eradicated from your memory by simply deleting it from the directory structure. Instead, it is kept safe in a free memory area, stored in case you change your mind and need your file back. What gets deleted is the link pointing towards the file, so if you would compare a file to a book page, deleting the file does not tear the page out of the book, but rather deletes the page's index from the table of contents, represented by the file system here.

Still, your hard disk space is not infinite, so eventually the space your deleted files gets crammed into will fill up and no more "closet" space will be available. What the operating system does in such a case is overwrite the old deleted files with newer deleted files, so there's a certain time limit in which you could recover your lost data. For example, if you deleted a file from your hard drive a year ago, the chances are slim that you'll find it intact

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/some-videos-i-have-recovered-from-my-phone-is-not-working.155936/
Relevancy 22.36%

I've just installed windows 7 onto my ide hard drive with my sata as a secondary. My sata used to be primary and was the only hard drive I had; now that I've restarted my computer my sata drive no longer shows an assigned letter but looks like it still has the data.
In Disk Management it shows that the sata has a healthy primary partition, but I am given no other options but to delete it. How am I supposed to get that data back?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unassigned-partition-with-only-the-option-to-delete.154306/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi,

I play alot of fps games. I was thinking of using my phone to connect to the internet on my laptop when im on the move. But my data plan is only 500mb. How much bandwidth do games like Call of Duty and Team Fortress 2 use typically. I'm talking just unmodded vanilla servers. Will the 500mb be sufficient to play games on the odd occasion? Please note I rarely if ever use any of it on my phone.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/use-phone-for-online-games.153514/
Relevancy 20.64%

My razer deathadder recently died and I couldn't afford another one, so I went for something cheaper

I got the intellimouse 3.0 and i'm not too impressed

I have the pointer speed set on the fastest setting, but when you are moving the pointer around slowly it jerks in increments of of a millimetre or so, and its quite frustrating when gaming, especially in sniper situations

Is there any way to make it smoother?

A:Microsoft Intellimouse 3.0 - making it smoother?

If you haven't already, install the intellipoint driver. Although the mouse will work using the native Windows driver, you will have fuller use of its capabilities if you install the latest driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-intellimouse-3-0-making-it-smoother.151804/
Relevancy 22.79%

While logged in as administrator, I copied a share folder to my local computer. I've manage to delete all the contents within the folder but can't delete the folder itself. The error I get when I right-click and select delet is :

Cannot delete: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the files is not currently in use.

When I try to delete the folder for command prompt using RD /S I get the error:

Access is denied

When I go into properties, there is no SECURITY tab but only GENERAL & CUSTOMIZE. Also the folder attributes are 'read-only' but of course Windows won't let me change that either.

Can someone show how to delete this folder?

Thank you

A:Can't delete folder

Have you tried Unlocker ?

http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1029-unlocker.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-delete-folder.151471/
Relevancy 27.95%

Hey, I've got O2 Home Broadband and it comes through my phone line via a DSL cable which plugs into my router which is downstairs in the kitchen.I also have a phone line in my bedroom where I am now, and I was thinking if I brought the router upstairs in my bedroom and plugged the DSL cable into the phone line and into the router up here would I still have an internet connection? both phone plugs are on the same phone line with the same phone number, I'm hoping to have a wired connection to my PS3 as I've been having some connectivity issues lately.

If I've confused you

-I've got a router downstairs, internet comes through DSL (Phone line to router)
-Bring router upstairs, plug it into phone line up here
-Still get a connection?

A:I get O2 broadband through DSL (phone line)

As long as the phone line in the bedroom is an extension of the phone line downstairs, or the other way around your fine.

Remember you need a DSL filter in each phone line (which should already be fitted). So if your moving the modem/router upstairs, but leaving the phone line plugged in downstairs, you must connect the phone via the DSL filter.

So:

Downstairs
Wall socket > DSL filter > Telephone plug

Upstairs
Wall socket > DSL filter > modem/router (and phone if your connecting one too)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-get-o2-broadband-through-dsl-phone-line.151341/
Relevancy 27.09%

Using Windows XP Home and a Motorola RAZR phone camera I have an older RAZR and a new one I just bought With the older phone Sending pictures to my desktop as an attachment to an email Each picture shows up in the email with it s own number name under the picture e g - - I Problem sending to pictures from desktop phone download the pic to My Documents then I use Open With gt Photoimprission and all is well With the new phone In the phone each pic has a number name When the pics show up in the email there is no number instead under every pic it says Preview If I change the name I can download multiple pics to My Documents When I use Open With gt Photoimpression Photoimpression opens but the pic does not show up The problem is with the new RAZR I removed the battery amp sim from the new phone put them in the old phone and it works fine nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-sending-pictures-from-phone-to-desktop.149391/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi I just got my new computer and I'm newbie. I connected my old hdd in to SATAR and it works but the this disk, should be clean and be free for storage of files. My computer runs windows 7 from the main hdd and on the second hdd there is a windows xp on it.

My question is if I could delete every folder on 2 hdd exactly every single files but not my photos, would this hdd still work if i deleted the windows stuffs? Or i need to format it ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/delete-everything-on-two-hard-drives.148319/
Relevancy 22.79%

Someone recently visited undesirable sites on our home computer and downloaded files. Today, my computer ran a chkdsk operation, where I realized it was fixing this unwanted files. I know which directory these files are under, however, being fairly new to computers, I am not sure exactly how to access these files and delete them. Are they under the Indexing Service, and if so, how do I delete them from there?

Thank you very much for any help!

A:How to delete orphan files?

Chkdsk usually usually fixes the errors and place damaged files in a hidden folder, in root of bootable partition.

You can open Command Prompt (right click to open as administrator) by going to Start, Programs, Accessories; then type dir /ah , it will give you list of hidden files / folders. There should be a folder named Found.000 or something similar (created by chkdsk), if so you can erase its contents by:

1. type CD foldername.here and press Enter
2. type type del *.* and press enter
3. type cd.. and press enter
4. type rd foldername.here and press enter

Once done, type exit and press enter, I hope that solves your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-delete-orphan-files.145621/
Relevancy 27.09%

Okay, so my friend has a prepaid cellphone from Virgin Mobile.

Sometimes we'll be having a conversation, and then something happens with the phone service or whatever, and I get the same text message maybe 20 times over the course of 5 hours or so, and during that time she can't receive any texts from me.

Then after a while, it goes back to normal, and her phone gets a flood of texts that I sent over the past few hours.
What the heck is going on?
Why does this happen?
Can we do anything to fix it?

I'm not so sure how cellphone SMS messages work exactly, so I would love some more information.
Is anyone else having this problem or had this problem in the past?

A:Virgin Mobile phone sends same text message over and over again

Did you check with Virgin Mobile?

http://www.virginmobileusa.com/help-support

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/virgin-mobile-phone-sends-same-text-message-over-and-over-again.145345/
Relevancy 22.79%

for some reason i cant delete files on my usb stick
i tried manually and even tried to format the stick but nothing works...i already checked if the files are protected,it says no

anybody can help?

A:Cant delete or format my usb stick

Computer Management

Did you open Computer Management and view the Volume there?
< Left mouse click on 'My Computer'
< Right mouse click on pop down menu 'Manage'
< Left mouse click on 'Disk Management'
< Left click drive in question
< Left click 'Action' from the pop down menu 'All Tasks' then select 'Format'
Hope this Helps
Edit You can corrupt 'flash drives' by simply not using the Windows disconnect tool or not shutting down Windows prior to removing the drive (they are HOT connectible but not HOT dis-connectible)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-delete-or-format-my-usb-stick.144591/
Relevancy 27.95%

So I just moved Cell phone repeaters? into a new apartment It s a really nice place even has it s own fitness center for the community a car wash and free coffee will explain later with pictures I shall post but not in this thread Anyways the building s structure here totally messes Cell phone repeaters? up any signals inside the apartment except for right by the window of my room I get a bar of G signal And I mean RIGHT there like press the cellphone against the glass So I went online looking for a cellphone repeater to buy but there are so many models many of them ridiculously expensive or they seem to be I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for what to buy I just want to use my cellphone indoors not out on the porch I use voice texting and data services thus I really would like to make it so that G signal from AT amp T s tower gets there The apartment is square feet Yes it s huge but there are people living here though I want to hopefully be able to use the cellphone relatively anywhere in the apartment If I can t have that I ll settle for the back bedrooms mine and my mother sister s bedrooms Any information on these things would be useful I don t want to spend the - and find out that it doesn t do what I want it to nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cell-phone-repeaters.143447/
Relevancy 27.95%

kk so i got this new phone LG Neon TE365

at first i thought this phone was gonna be amazing and all but it ended up being a real bugger

first off... the phone did not come with any usb cables installation cd what so ever

luckily i have bluetooth on my computer and i am able to transfer files to the phone

secondly, i can't set anything as a ring tone which is pissing me off

it gives me this "DRM FIle Only"

so basically i was wondering if anyone ever gets DRM File Only when setting ring tunes on LG Phones or any other phones

i found out unlocking the phone has nothing to do with it so please help =]

thank you
-friendly noob nosebleedXD

A:Need help with phone LG Neon te365

First, get the USB cable then download Bitpim and read the instructions for connecting your phone. Make sure your phone is supported first. The software is free and the USB cables are less than $10 US

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-phone-lg-neon-te365.128418/
Relevancy 27.52%

i have only put this thread here because i couldnt find anywere else to post it i do appologise if it is in wrong place.
does anyone know why i can t send texts , everytime i go to send text message it comes up with a message saying service not available i can receive text messages & and use phone to make calls on .
i would be greatful if anyone knows what might be the problem.thankyou

A:Samsung sgh-v200 mobile phone

You will need to have a texting option opened by your cell provider...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/samsung-sgh-v200-mobile-phone.134145/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hi

I recently reinstalled windows xp on my ibm t43 but now I can't connect to the Internet. I've tried everything I know which is very little, but I can't find the wireless conection that is in my house.

I'm in need of some help... Please

A:Can't connect to Internet after reinstalling Microsoft XP

Hi Speedracer :wave:

I am not a mod, but
Welcome to :grinthumb

When I arrived, one of the Mods welcomed me with these helpful hints.

You should read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.
System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-after-reinstalling-microsoft-xp.139114/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi,

What happen to my rapidshare premium account... almost 5 days, download is very slow...15kbps and finally gone... Normally, i got 212kbps.

A:Rapidshare Premium Account

Tell us more. What is a Rapidshare Premium Account?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/rapidshare-premium-account.138275/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a Dell Latitude D630. It has an admin password for the bios. Nothing is locked except for the settings. I can't change any of the settings in the bios. It lets me boot to windows just fine though. My question is, since I don't know that admin password for the bios, if I upgrade the bios firmware, will the admin password be deleted? Since I'm flashing the bios, I would think that all the settings will be lost. Is that the case?

A:Will upgrading the bios firmware on a Latitude D630 delete the bios admin password?

What?

Didn't you reply here, and say it worked (after the unusual 9th try ) http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic109612-109.html#post747024

Awfully strange!

A bios update can't remove passwords. As You Must Know

Oh and thanks for the extended long Title. I'm thinking this Topic of yours would be best removed? What do you think?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-upgrading-the-bios-firmware-on-a-latitude-d630-delete-the-bios-admin-password.138281/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am new to Exchange Server 2003 and I have a friend with a network server that I don't know how to re-establish a user to the network. I moved one of his non used computers to this station and now when I try to log in the user I get the error that the name can't be verified because Outlook is not connected or online. This computer used to be online with a different user. Can anyone tell me the steps to check this? Thanks.

A:Outlook not connected in Microsoft Exchange Server

You would benefit from the server handbook or an outlook manual... too much to explain here in usable terms, methinks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/outlook-not-connected-in-microsoft-exchange-server.137647/
Relevancy 28.38%

So my phone is messed up it s battery dies all the time it shuts off for no reason etc I need a new phone but I don t know which phone to get and I thought maybe someone here could point me in the right direction I use AT amp T as my carrier and unfortunately can t change that right now I currently have a Samsung A The following things the phone must have Bluetooth G and able to be linked to my laptop with Bluetooth so that I can what a Need phone... get clueless about new to use it as a modem and dial out to get internet access on the Need a new phone... clueless about what to get go Currently my phone has an unlimited data plan on it so I just dial out using the number that the phone uses to get it s internet and I don t get charged extra for tethering Play MP s Micro SD slot Decent camera Preferably have a POP email client Preferably have voice dialing I really REALLY would like it if the phone had a full qwerty keyboard I was thinking about the Samsung BlackJack II but wasn t sure if it was worth it I was also looking at the Samsung Impression A but it s a bit pricey Does anyone know if the Samsung BlackJack II s GPS navigation requires an additional service from AT amp T Or does it simply work like my car s navigation system purely off the satellites and a map database nbsp

A:Need a new phone... clueless about what to get

I don't use ATT so can't give you the exact answer you're looking for.. but can provide a couple comments

1. When you use your phone as a modem do u use BT to your computer?
> BT 2.0 (as i recall) is only 3 megabits/sec vs.
> USB cable is like 480 Mbits
So BT is fine for contacts and synchronization, etc. but you might find USB far better if you need a serious computer data session (vs. just a quick connect where speed is offset by convenience of no USB cable)

2. If your phone is Nav capable, then it also just works off of GPS satellites and a map database. It's only a matter of whether Nav is a feature included in your ATT plan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-new-phone-clueless-about-what-to-get.137343/
Relevancy 35.69%

i've searched for tutorials on how to debrand it

i've been looking at
http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/article/debrand-a-nokia-n95-0100561/

but i have had no luck

so according to the tutorial, i must first update my phone which i did

secondly, i opened up nss and pressed the magnify glass and all this crap popped up

secondly i goto phone info and press read i get reading values ... Error!

then i type in a code and enable and write and i get the same error...

how do i debrand this phone

please help

Relevancy 27.09%

Its plain and simple. How do i disable ALL java security exeptions on my motorolla k1 cell phone?

Im trying to use BTdiscover to hack my girlfriends phone and download all her sms into my cell phone but the java security exeption will not let me wrote on my phones MMC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/java-settings-bothering-me-on-my-cell-phone.134856/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello I recently bought and installed the Flight Simulator X Acceleration Pack X Flight Simulator Microsoft in my laptop but when I play it I have a poor performance such as low FPS and chopped gameplay so I have weather scenary and traffic in very low but Microsoft Flight Simulator X for the resolution Microsoft Flight Simulator X it is the same for my computer to use a low one x than the higher one x Does anybody know how I can fix it My laptop has the following specification Acer Aspire Z OS Windows Vista bit with DirectX Processor Intel Pentium dual-core T GHz MHz FSB MB L Cache GB RAM BG HDD Video Card MB Mobile Intel Graphic Media Accelerator X Chipset Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Controller Version I am not sure if it is because it uses a lot of CPU resources or if it is because of the processor or the Video Card I have other games as Age of Empires and it has a high performance even if guns are firing Thanks nbsp

A:Microsoft Flight Simulator X

Everybody complains about this. I think the program is a resource from the jump.

Now FS2004, that will run great on anything. And it doesn't have to be activated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-flight-simulator-x.131939/
Relevancy 20.64%

I am connected to a network domain. When I go to My network places>Entire Network>Microsoft Windows Network>Domain I can see all networked computers when I am wired in but when I connect wirelessly I cannot. I use a "Wireless access point" connected to my firewall router. I have tried disabling the wireless firewall and assigning a static IP. I am logged into the domain but the only way to can view the other computers on the network is to connect through a wired connection. I'm thinking it has to be a setting in my Wireless router but I cannot figure it out.

A:Viewing Microsoft windows network

Hi

when you connect via the wire, and via wireless is the ip address,subnet and default gateway in the same range ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/viewing-microsoft-windows-network.131090/
Relevancy 27.09%

I am still using dial-up as my main source of Internet access I use a PCI SoftV Modem hooked up to a home phone line This is the only line into my house I have a slitter plugged into the line with two ports one has a line plugged in that is is Activated Phone Disconnects When PC Modem Line connected to the modem on my PC the other PC Modem Disconnects When Phone Line is Activated has a line that connects my telephone The telephone is a dual-system it has a cordless phone and a base phone not cordless My modem worked normal with my phone ever since I had my PC Normally when the modem was connected and one would lift the phone off the hook you would hear the various noises of the Remote computer on the other end If someone called while the Modem connection was active they would hear a busy signal Recently I had to reformat my HD So of course I had to reinstall windows So of course I had to reinstall the drivers for my modem This was about days ago Ever since if someone lifts the phone of the hook the modem will automatically disconnect This is true with both the cordless phone and the base phone If someone calls they still get the busy signal and the modem does not disconnect but if someone lifts the phone of the hook or turns the cordless phone on like one would do to get a dial tone noises can still be heard from the phone but the modem disconnects I have searched through the various settings on Internet Properties modem options connection settings and stuff like that on my PC The phone does not seem to be doing thing out of the ordinary and the only thing that has changed recently is the reinstallation of the OS and drivers I am guessing it is some sort of setting that I haven t been able to detect yet So to be clear Internet worked fine beforehand now when phone is picked up modem disconnects if someone from outside calls they get busy signal and modem does not disconnect any advice would be great thanks nbsp

A:PC Modem Disconnects When Phone Line is Activated

Disconnect all splitters and phone lines except one for your computer. Make sure you disable call waiting and see what happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-modem-disconnects-when-phone-line-is-activated.129876/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a strange problem I used to live in a flat and my wirless netowkr worked fine over there I came to a new place but my wirless wouldnt work here The internet would just connect and reconnect again and again What i discovered was that my previous netowkr was still saved in Vista and the settings were to connect automatically So what happens is that my laptop connects to my new network but disconnects and tries to connect to the old network connection network delete Can't When it cant it connects to the new network again and then disconnects this keeps going on and on and i cant go online so the problem is i tried to delete this saved network BUt whenever i delete it from netowrk sharing manage wireless connections it appears back by itself when i try to change the setting from connect automaticaly to connect mannally it changes back the settings by itself when Can't delete network connection i try to move it down so that vista gives priority to my new connection it moves up the list by itself what is wrong with this thing until i dont delete this i wont be able to go online plz plz help nbsp

A:Can't delete network connection

Is Vista updated to Service Pack 2?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-delete-network-connection.129250/
Relevancy 20.64%

I noticed when I turned on my computer today it said it was unable to install some drivers. I look in my device manager and it has the yellow exclamation mark by the following:

Microsoft 6to4 Adapter
Microsoft 6to4 Adapter #2
Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #5

My system is a Dell XPS 630i on Vista 32bit home premium.

I immediately went to the Dell site and installed all the latest drivers and the bios as well but this did not fix the problem.

I am able to connect to the internet. Is this a problem and if so can somone wizard help me troubleshoot it?

Cheers in advance

A:Microsoft 6to4 adapter

Delete these drivers in the Device Manager and restart your system. See if Vista reinstalls these automatically

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-6to4-adapter.126383/
Relevancy 23.65%

i got windows xp pro i was missing around with computer management and did something now i cant log into my mind administrator account i try to reboot on safe mode i get the administrator name but i try to create a another accuont or change but i get a asses denied i try i to Ctrl Alt Delete and nothing i think i my have deleted something and messed everything up ..when i go to my user account from control panel i dont see a quest account or administrator all i see is that small picture off a bass guitar and its says administrator but under it says guest account i have no privilege for nothing . how can i change that guest under admintrator account ?

A:Administrator account problam

Microsoft's Windows XP Professional Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxpprofessional.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Microsoft's Windows XP Home Repair Install step by step
http://www.windowsxphome.windowsreinstall.com/sp2sp3installxpcdrepair/indexfullpage.htm

Vista Repair:
http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winvista/index.htm (index page)
http://vistahomepremium.windowsreinstall.com/repairstartup/repairstartup.htm (guide)

Or use UBCD to back up your data and re-install clean
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic123957.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/administrator-account-problam.124614/
Relevancy 20.64%

My Microsoft Habu mouse freezes when at some game servers, I play mainly DFX and in some servers where plenty of action is going on, the "nice" mouse freezes for several seconds, about 5 to 10 seconds....specially if I swirl it.

My PC is home built with an Intel Q6750, 22 inches samsung lcd monitor, G 15 Logitech KB, 4 G memory Mushkin, GForce 280 Video card, nfORCE 780I MOBO,Thermaltake 750 PSU, several fans and a V1 cpu cooler. I run Windows XP Pro 32.

Any idea why this is happening, the driver version is 2.12 and firmware is 2.03 on the mouse. I am about to dump it to the garbage can, any suggestion about a real good and reliable mouse, cost is no issue...

Tks

A:Microsoft Habu mouse troubles

Go with a moderately priced Logitec gaming mouse

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-habu-mouse-troubles.123378/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi guys I know it s not really PC related but I know the people here are the best S60 wi-fi via Using broadband phone when it comes to help I plan to buy Nokia XM soon and I have a question about wi-fi connectivity I use wireless internet Using wi-fi broadband via S60 phone at home I have an outdoor antenna which is connected to a D-Link AP to which I connect my PC via LAN cable and I connect to internet from my PC using a PPPoE Using wi-fi broadband via S60 phone connection with username and password given by the provider now the network is filtrated by MAC addresses but I turned DHCP on my AP and I can use it to connect via laptop also using a broadband PPPoE connection I tried my friend s N and I could not connect it to internet it connects to AP but there is no internet Is there a way to set up such a connection on the phone or I have to Using wi-fi broadband via S60 phone buy a wi-fi card for my PC and create my own wi-fi network and use that to go online with the phone It would be great if the phone could connect directly to their AP s since I would be able to use internet wherever I go I hope that the point of the question is clear and you will give me a good answer before I do the shopping thanks nbsp

A:Using wi-fi broadband via S60 phone

You need a router between the modem from the IPS and the AP to which your wifi devices connect.
That will allow multiple devices to share the single IP addresses controlled by the ISP.
You would get new LAN addresses for all devices and the sharing comes via the NAT feature of a router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-wi-fi-broadband-via-s60-phone.121749/
Relevancy 35.26%

I don't know whether this is the right place for posting questions on mobile ...if not please tell me where should i post.
I have mobile Nokia 5000 and its total space is 8mb and there is the system of Mp3 player and i want to listen to songs but all my songs are of 5 mb so can anyone tell the website where i can download less sized songs. i am searching for Indian songs.

A:Memory in Nokia 5000

That is a cell phone of some sort, right?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-in-nokia-5000.121631/
Relevancy 21.93%

Somewhere in the course of trying to rid my computer of parasites I must have done something wrong...I can no longer play video clips online. It just sits there. ?????

A:Video clips online won't play anymore...what did I delete?

Don't know what you deleted but you could try to reload your media player.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-clips-online-wont-play-anymore-what-did-i-delete.21971/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a 40GB external USB hard disk where I backup my files. Now when I am trying to delete any file or folder I get the message

Cannot delete "file name":Access is denied
Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in useClick to expand...

There is also a hidden foler $AVG8.VAULT$ which is unknown to me.

I am using windows xp sp2
thanks for help.

A:Cant delete any file or folder on my external USB Hard Disk

the external has NTFS on it and permissions restrictions.

login to an admin account
plug-in the external HD
dbl-click My Computer
find the external HD->right-click->Security
add <Everyone> to the permissions
then set Full Control on Everyone

click REPLACE permissions and Apply
(will take a few minutes to complete)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-delete-any-file-or-folder-on-my-external-usb-hard-disk.120222/
Relevancy 20.64%

when i try to change the font in excel or word it freezes and then crashes. but it doesn't do this with power point or one note. i have reinstalled it, deleted the normal.dot thing but nothing seems to work. and yes i have done the Microsoft diagnostics but it says that it should be working fine. so it would be nice if some 1 knew why this happens and how to fix it

A:Microsoft Word 07 freezes

any 1? come on there must be some 1 that has had this happen to them and know a fix for this

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-word-07-freezes.119814/
Relevancy 20.64%

We have a new WSUS server running WSUS 3.0 sp1 on Windows Server 2008. I'm new to this so I was wondering if anybody would know it's it's capability be to deploy non-Microsoft installs and upgrades. I'm specificially thinking about Adobe products (mostly Adobe Acrobat). We will need to upgrade all of the computers on our network from version Acrobat 8 to version 9 pretty soon. Will there be a way to do that? Will there be a way to deploy updates when they come out? Or just one or the other? Is that pretty much up to the individual vendor? Do they have to make a special package that we put on the server? Or can we make one ourselves? Would that be hard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wsus-for-non-microsoft-products.119548/
Relevancy 27.09%

Originally Posted by fatbird OK after an hour or so of faffing around knock I think that I have found a possible solution The problem seems to be something to do with Microsoft s SP Here s what worked for me sorry for the s Guide approach but I used to hotbounce hate it hotbounce when I used forums and couldn t understand what the technobabble meant - Start gt Run gt type regedit without the speachmarks gt Enter - Single-click on My Computer gt File gt Export gt save it to the Desktop Always best to have a backup - Go to the following My Computer HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM CurrentControlSet Control StorageDeviceP olicies There seems to be some spaces here in StorageDevicePolicies in the text above there shouldn t be OK - Double click on the string WriteProtect and change the Value Data box to - Then File gt Export gt save somewhere useful as something like StorageDevicePolicies reg - You also need to do this for the strings in any folders called ControlSet any Digit i e for example Everything is the same just change CurrentControlSet to ControlSet My Computer HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SYSTEM ControlSet Control StorageDevicePolic ies There seems to be some spaces here in StorageDevicePolicies in the text above there shouldn t be OK - Save these to the same place as before SD Windows XP cards phone protection usb, Write as StorageDevicePolicies The saves are in case Write protection Windows XP usb, phone SD cards it Write protection Windows XP usb, phone SD cards reverts at a later date just double click saying yes to importing these to the registry on all of the files and it will all work again YOU are a legend mate hrs scrolling through useless help topics i knew it was Write protection Windows XP usb, phone SD cards a windows error and now the answer all my control settings for groups were set to not all of the usb sticks i have bought now work I have xp sp THANK YOU nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/write-protection-windows-xp-usb-phone-sd-cards.119025/
Relevancy 20.64%

Hello i am new to this forum so please excuse my ignorance I bought a Microsoft Lifecam VX- quite a while ago So after Installing the product successfully I get a message to connect the webcam The little bubble pops up in the bottom right hand corner and what comes up is the following message Found New VX-3000 Problems Microsoft Lifecam Hardware A problem occured during hardware installation Your new hardware might not work properly So after I got that message I did the next logical step Uninstall and Reinstall After going through everything I still get the error message Next I check and see if Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems there is new software on the Microsoft website for this product Luckily for me there was So I go ahead and download and install it LifeCam exe but unfortunatley it still doesnt work So i go into Control Panel to add new hardware but that comes up with the error message Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware The driver may be corrupted or missing Code I also took it to a relatives house to try it on there computer and to my horror it worked perfectly So it must be something to do with my computer Any useful help is appreciated nbsp

A:Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 Problems

If no one can help me with my problem, can anyone point me in the right direction on where I can resolve it. (Other than Microsoft Customer Support that is, that's definitely a last resort).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-lifecam-vx-3000-problems.118681/