Windows Support Forum

System Fan (90b) error message on startup

Q: System Fan (90b) error message on startup

Elitebook 2560P 2570P System Fan error reported by BIOS: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03620929 OpenHarware monitor shows CPU core at 45 degrees celcius and fan is spinning. If there is truly a problem can I expect Openhardware Monitor to indicate a high temperature (> 60 degrees)? Or is there a truly a problem and it is not indicated by open Hardware Monitor? Please indicate if you have seen this problem before and how it was successfully resolved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/System-Fan-90b-error-message-on-startup/td-p/5782705
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: System Fan (90b) error message on startup

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi! When I try to switch on my computer a black screen appear with this error:"The system has detected that a cooling fan is not operating correctly.Continued operation is not recommended and may cause unpredictable behavior that could result in random shutdown, data loss or possible system damage. The system will shut down in 15 seconds. To prevent shutdown and continue operation, press the Enter key now. " Do I have to bring it to a repair service point or can I solve this problem from home? Thank you in advance,Isabelle

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/System-Fan-90b-error-message-on-startup/td-p/5729213
Relevancy 68.8%

I am receiving the following log for a critical error for my xp system.

BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 8057186E BCP3 : AE47D97C
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

Can anyone tell me what this means?

A:system shuts down and fails at startup - error message

it's a device driver problem, what were you trying to do when this error occured?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-shuts-down-and-fails-at-startup-error-message.600725/
Relevancy 62.35%

I just started a new malwarebytes scan After I ran it earlier I removed all the threats and was trying to update off of microsoft to the new IE but got the blue screen of death when it rebooted after downloading I can not boot up in safe mode I can only boot when I select Last Known Good Config Then when I booted up I got an error message saying that the computer would shut down in seconds but it never did and there was some rundll error message too I and Message Startup Alerts System Message Windows Fail Security think System Startup Fail Message and Windows Security Alerts Message its because wscntfy exe running because when I shut it down in taskmgr it just restarts itself I am able to turn it off Administrative Tools gt Services under the Security Center but it turns back on when I reboot I had some Advanced Virus Remover Scam pop up on my computer the other day and either I got rid of that but it branched off or it s still on here being a pest I have ran SuperAnitSpyware Spybot and Advanced SystemCare and haven t really come up with anything If anyone is familiar with this issue and might be able to diagnose it PLEASE help After MalwareBytes is finished scanning I will post the log from that Thanks everone

A:System Startup Fail Message and Windows Security Alerts Message

Please post the results of your previous MBAM scan as well so I can review what was detected and removed. To retrieve the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware scan log information, launch MBAM.Click the Logs Tab at the top.The log will be named by the date of scan in the following format: mbam-log-date(time).txt
-- If you have previously used MBAM, there may be several logs showing in the list.Click on the log name to highlight it.Go to the bottom and click on Open.The log should automatically open in notepad as a text file.Go to Edit and choose Select all.Go back to Edit and choose Copy or right-click on the highlighted text and choose copy from there.Come back to this thread, click Add Reply, then right-click and choose Paste.Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.Exit MBAM when done.Logs are saved to the following locations:-- In XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs-- In Vista: C:\Documents and Settings\Users\All Users\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/251953/system-startup-fail-message-and-windows-security-alerts-message/
Relevancy 57.19%

I am getting this message, the system could not log you on. Make sure your user name and domain are correct, then type your password again. There's no
box to type password, I just click OK and it goes to the user name. I click on that and it logs on. When I get get the message there is a log on box in the background you can see.

I've tried this, but it didn't work :

click Start, click Run, enter control userpasswords2. Probably the box Users must enter a user name and password... is not checked; if that's the case, check it and click the Apply button. Now uncheck the box and click OK. When prompted, enter the username and password that should automatically log on at start-up. Or, to disable the automatic log-on, simply uncheck the box and click OK.

A:system could not log you on message at startup

Listen to what you said: username and domain? should be username and password

ok when you are booting up and you get to the login box, press ctrl,alt and then delete
twice, should get a classic login box, username and password login and then run
antivirus and spyware scans.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-could-not-log-you-on-message-at-startup-354984.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey,

I've made some changes to my startup configuration in MSCONFIG.
(BTW, I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit on this computer, not my original rig)
But now, every time I start my computer, I get this message.

I always check the box for "never show this message again", but it doesn't work.

Plz help, thanks!

A:Constant System Configuration Message at Startup

Have you attempted resetting the configuration as suggested in the error message? What setting did you change in your msconfig?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/257226-constant-system-configuration-message-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

When i startup my new-ish laptop (Dell 64bit i7processor running windows 7) i keep getting a black screen with a message in white letters reading:-

"Checking file system on C: The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is OS.
One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency. You may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended that you continue.
To skip disk checking, press any key within 10 seconds."

When i didn't press any key to escape the message it remained static like that for over an hour. Can anyone explain what is happening and how can i maintain a healthy disk in the first place to avoid this message?

A:Checking file system on C message on startup

odd that it should hang on that screen :/
to keep a healthy disk, mainly just always shut down your computer properly. unplugging it or holding down the power button aren't the HDDs best friends :P
I'm afraid i'm not sure how to fix it hanging on the screen. Normally when I get that message it just scans it. Also unplug all external storage drives, just to check if that could be the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/156839-checking-file-system-c-message-startup.html
Relevancy 55.9%

My laptop hasn't been in use for about a few weeks and all of Recovery System Startup - Repair Launch Startup Error Windows a sudden I am getting a Windows Error Recovery on Startup I am given two options Launch Startup Repair recommended and Start Windows Normally Nothing happens when I try to restart Windows normally -- I only see a black screen Upon selecting System Recovery a teal screen pops up with quot System Recovery Options quot telling me to select a keyboard layout Then it tells me to select my OS but it comes up blank telling me to load drivers for my hard disks I stopped right there I am a little hesitant about using the System Recovery in fear of losing important files If this is a possibility I may try to backup my files using an alternate OS like Ubuntu Or are my files already long gone Is this just a restore for important Windows files or a complete restore of Windows back to factory settings I have not installed any new software or devices Running Windows Vista x

A:Windows Startup Error - System Recovery Launch Startup Repair

Definitely try to backup your files before doing anything else.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/301904-windows-startup-error-system-recovery-launch-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 55.47%

The rest fo the error message says- "Failed to read configuration file. Please contact system administrator"
I have just R and R'd Firefox and I'm still getting this error message. It won't run now and now I see just how horrible IE is in XP,since I'm forced to use it now....sob
Please Help!!

A:Firefox won't startup-Error message says "Configuration error"

Only an idea!!!!  Not sure but it may be the newer FF may not run well on XP, you could experiment by down loading and older version.

Just checked I may be right check the link below!

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-no-longer-works-some-versions-windows-xp

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547970/firefox-wont-startup-error-message-says-configuration-error/
Relevancy 55.47%

Sir, Everyday I'm getting the under mentioned error message during the system startup. I don't have experience with Event Viewer. What is it actually? The error message is:

Service Control Manager
At least one service or driver failed during system startup. Use Event Viewer to examine the event log for details.

Relevancy 55.47%

I am using Windows Vista.

When go to Mscconfig and uncheck startup programs there.

Whenever I start Windows Vista I will get this message.

How do I get rid of get rid of startup message in system tray which says this-

Windows has blocked some startup programs.
Windows blocks programs that require permssion to run when Windows starts . Click to view blocked programs.

This is annoying.

When I do this in Windows XP it doesn't have this message, but using Windows Vista
I get this message. How do I get rid of it so won't display each time I start Windows Vista.

Thanks.

A:Windows Vista get rid of startup message in system tray

Enable the start up items again in MSCONFIG and instead use Sysinternals Autoruns to disable them.

Sysinternals Autoruns - Autoruns for Windows

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-get-rid-of-startup-message-in-system-tray-548550.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm running windows XP on my Mac Book. I have it partitioned for that. Anywho I hadn't used this computer in a very long time (since 2008) because the screen was cracked. Got that fixed and everything worked fine for like a few weeks then the battery stopped charging and now I have to use the cable to get power to the Mac Book. So I held down option button one day while starting it up to choose my windows xp side and I get this message saying windows was missing windows\system32\config\system on the black screen. Anyway I have the original windows xp installation disc. So I tried to start windows with the disk so that I could run windows repair. Then when I press 1 as the option to start windows it gives me a blue screen of death. What can I do .....? Where to start...?

A:Windows\system32\config\system message on startup

Hi ..
A couple of options, but since this is older, sounds like the hard drive may be failing, however bad_pool_caller is often a device driver problem, a repair install might help and certainly will not do any harm.Repair XP by install over the top of existing system
   1/ Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
    2/ When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:
To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.
To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.
   Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.Now - To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).
 -   Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
 -   Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.
 -   Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.
Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.
Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.Repair XP http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

If you know the type of HDD you can try the general tests on it, but I do not know if you run a Windows or Mac system ....

I know this is a bit vague, but others may have more ideas -

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599323/windowssystem32configsystem-message-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have XP. When i started my computer the message came like this
Error Loading c:/Windows/Downloaded Program Files/bridge.dll
What is this? How to rectify this?

And i also i could not run msn & yahoo messenger in my computer so i uninstalled and redownloaded again. After that also it is not working. When i typed my id and password it starts singin but not signin.

How to rectify this? Kindly help me our experts? Advance thanks.

A:DLL error message at startup

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I don`t know what your thread title has to do with your problem/s.

In future please would you try and be as descriptive as possible?

Also would you please fill in your system specs in user profile at the top of any page just click on edit profile.

The bridge.dll is an adware programme. Please see HERE for a possible solution.

I would also recommend that you go HERE and follow the instructions very carefully. Print them out if you can.

Once you have done that then go HERE for instructions on how to post your Hijackthis log.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dll-error-message-at-startup.21730/
Relevancy 55.04%

on startup of a gateway 220 I get an error mesage of 104 can you please tell me what it means and what I can do about it.

Thank you LOUCAT

Relevancy 55.04%

I am running windows when I first started up my machine today it gave me the error message as following lt gt The following file is missing or corrupt lt windows root gt system intoskrnl exe lt gt I then proceeded to put in my CD and restart Error Help!!! Startup. On Message as that worked for me before No such luck this time but I did finally press F and tried restarting it to last known good configuration After that I keep getting the following message lt gt Check for viruses remove newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check harrd drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run chKDSK F to check for harddrive corruption and then restart computer lt gt What do I do I m confused and no not where to start Can someone please give me explicite directions on how to resolve this problem I would so much appreciate it as it is driving me nuts right now and I really don t want to loose my hard drive if it can be helped PLEASE if anyone knows how to help me I d appreciate it soooooooo much Thanks nbsp

A:Error Message On Startup. Help!!!

you can try to log into windows and go to Start>Run and type cmd in the box and the command prompt should open. Now in the command prompt window type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup-help.233748/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am using Verizon Online DSL and get the following error when I turn on my machine:

Login failed. You are connected to the Internet. However, Verizon Online servers can not be reached at this time. Please try again. 0xC2090194

This appears every time I boot up my computer. It's really annoying, and I wondered if anyone else had this problem and knew how to fix it. The message appears in a Verizon Online Updates error message dialog. Any advice would be great.

P.S. Once I hit OK and close the Verizon Online Updates - Welcome to Verizon Online Updates dialog box that appears along with the error message, I am able to access the Internet and proceed fine.

Thanks,

Kristin

A:Need help - get an error message at startup

hmmm.....maybe the update is running at startup and see if you can disable it. what you need to do is to clic on start -> run -> type in "msconfig" without the "" and then on the startup tab, look for the verizon update and see if you can disable it. then reboot the computer and then see if the problem goes away.

you can try to always update you verizon stuff manually. but do this and see if the error goes away. have you tried contacting your ISP about this problem?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/need-help-get-an-error-message-at-startup-62503.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I had got a serious virus on my PC recently, and fixed it with little problem. However another arose when I rebooted my PC it gives me this message on startup

C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1\SPYWARE~1\sp_rsdel.exe program not found - sk1pping AUTOCHECK

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z158/Shutterbugg_Elite/IMG_0548.jpg

Any ideas on how to get rid of it or fix it?
Thanks in advance

A:Error message on startup. Need help!!1

Download ComboFix from Here to your Desktop.

**Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop and run from the desktop and not any other folder on your computer**
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results"
Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
Remember to re enable the protection again after combofix has finished
--------------------------------------------------------------------
2. Close any open browsers and any other programs you might have running
Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.​If you are using windows XP It might display a pop up saying that "Recovery console is not installed, do you want to install?"
Please select yes & let it download the files it needs to do this
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" along with a new HijackThis log for further review
****Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze ****

Note: ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making it the default browser.
Note: Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CDs, floppies and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security. If this is an issue or makes it difficult for you -- please tell us when you reply. Read HERE why we disable autoruns

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup-need-help-1.793340/
Relevancy 55.04%

When i turn on my Compaq Presario it starts up ok, i get to the user chosing place, i pick "rob" (that's my name) and press ok. then everything starts up, it is all fine, but lately i have got an error message that plainly says "Cannot open file. May be corrupted. Replace the file with a new one and try again." i don't know what to do. i have just been pressing ok, and everthing works ok, but it is kinda an annoyance. So if you could help me, that would be great. Oh, i have windows ME if that is any help.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, I've been trying to get my computer to boot up (you can see the few threads I've made in order to get it to do this, haha).

Anyways, I've come across a new error, surprise surprise!

It reads:

Intel UNDI, PXE-2.0 (build 082)
Copyright (C) 1997-2000 Intel Corporation

For Realtek RTL8139(A/B/C)/RTL8130 PCI Fast Ethernet Controller v2.21 (010425)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable
PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM.

---------------------------------

And it just keeps repeating that - over and over and over.

Please help!

A:Error message on startup - PLEASE HELP!

Google search for "PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable" gives this
http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=oplex_harddrive&message.id=5541

or this http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?threadId=526251

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup-please-help.409215/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I am running a laptop with Windows 8.1. Every time I start the laptop up, I get an error message pop up which says RunDDL error and the specified module windows\SysWOW64\xpvga.dll has not been found.

I have tried Googling this file name and got nowhere. 

Does anyone know what this message means and more importantly, how to stop it from keep coming up?

Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Error Message On Startup

Well SysWOWell SysWOW64 refures to Windows 32-bit on Windows 64-bit which allows you to run 32bit application on a 64bit system. I haven't seen an xpvga.dll  in windows 8.1 before and I have found it on http://www.dll-files.com/ so, quickest fixis to back up your data and re install window 8.1

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531029/error-message-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.04%

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/144/errorm.png

sorry... don't know how to embed the image in a post but could you please look at the error message I have started to get at startup for no apparent reason...

I found the event in the logs and it say's something like 'Group Policy Client could not be started because it is not a valid x32 software' (or something similar)
I then found the service but it is all greyed out... I can't do anything with it at all.

I also found an entry that said windows was loading dynamic link librarys for all running software and I should check some list and make sure all is ok or summat or nuffin or wat?

If I re-install W7 with my digital download do I have to de-activate it first or summat or nuffin?

really appreciate any kind of help here guys...

A:error message at startup

My guess, you've a flawed install. I'd re-format the boot drive and do a full re-install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/38405-error-message-startup.html
Relevancy 55.04%

When Windows loads up and my desktop appears i get two error messages. The Ist one is (Windows cannot find '000 000 000 0 0000u' 000! Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again). All the above 0's are squares. The 2nd message is, Desktop could not load or run '000 (blah blah blah same as above squares) specified in the registry. Make sure the file exists on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry. After i clear both messages my computer works fine. When ever i start my computer up always get the same messages. Is their a program i can use to clear up this problem? Any help will be appreciated. I am using Windows XP Pro

A:Error message after startup

Fire up "msconfig" and look for the entries in the startup-tab.
Looks like you un-installed some Software or had some Spyware removed, something is still left in the startup-configs.
Msconfig will show you exactly what is going on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-after-startup-89130.html
Relevancy 55.04%

When I start Windows XP, an error message pops up as soon as windows loads. It says "windows cannot find 'C:\\safe.exe."

It's also followed by another window that say to delete it from the registry.

Any help??

A:Error Message at Startup

go to Run, type MSCONFIG, and go to startup, look for something that is something like 'safe' and uncheck the box there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-at-startup.424281/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi folks, recently I found I had the subseven backdoor trojan/virus thingy, norton tried to repair it but couldnt, so it was left in quarantine, I deleted it from there.

Also when I look in startup from "msconfig" There are a few entries with: Winloader auyyukax.exe
run= auyyukax.exe

I have unchecked these and rebooted.
Yet still on startup I get an error message everytime
"Cannot find the file 'auyyukax.exe' (or one of its components)
This is somewhat annoying and I dont know if this trojan/virus is still working on my pc.
Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards..

Relevancy 55.04%

I think it has to do with this O - message error getting at Keep HELP! startup?? HKLM Run SoundService rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system ggvhgtvj dll quot setvm Says that it cannot run the HELP! Keep getting error message at startup?? ggvhgtvj dll Here is the Highjackthis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at PM HELP! Keep getting error message at startup?? on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe HELP! Keep getting error message at startup?? C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C Program Files ewido anti-spyware guard exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaantmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WMP GSv exe C PROGRA COMMON X Common x nets exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exe C Program Files Intel Intel Application Accelerator iaanotif exe C Program Files Intel Modem Event Monitor IntelMEM exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbubmgr exe C Program Files Dell Photo AIO Printer dlbubmon exe C Program Files CyberLink DVD Solution PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Logitech Video CameraAssistant exe C WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-aware Ad-watch exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files uTorrent utorrent exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Documents and Settings Matthew McMullin Desktop HiJackThis v exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https login yahoo com config logi r amp intl us amp src my amp done http my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot www hotmail com quot C Documents and Settings MATTHEW MCMULLIN Application Data Mozilla Profiles default t y ttx slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CProgram Files CNetscape CNetscape Csearchplugins CSBWeb src quot C Documents and Settings MATTHEW MCMULLIN Application Data Mozilla Profiles default t y ttx slt prefs js O - Hosts casinocontroller com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B - - - AA - BF A - C WINDOWS system gubxqrmm dll file missing O - BHO no name - D - C- C F-B B - F F F... Read more

Relevancy 55.04%

I'm receiving a message when windows opens that says that this cannot be found:

C:PROG~3\f991wao.jss

Can anyone tell me if it matters and how I can recover it if necessary?

Let's see what starts when you boot your computer. Download and run Startup List (does not need to be installed, just run it).
When done, click File then Save as and save Startuplist.txt to your Desktop or somewhere you can find it.
Start a reply here and paste the contents of Startuplist.txt into it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/315899-error-message-startup.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Upon startup I get this message:
Cannot find a device file that may be needed to run Windows
or a Windows application.
The Windows registry or System.INI file refers to this device
file but the device file no longer exists.
Press any key to continue.
I use Windows 98.
Thanks for your assistance.
Elaine in Dallas

A:error message on startup

Hi gwbush

As we don't know the device refered to

Please post your startup list by doing the following :-

Please go here and download startuplist 1.4 :-

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

Download to any folder or your desktop
Unzip the zipfile
Double click the exe file
go to Edit - select all - copy - and paste the results here

then we should be able to tell you the course of action to take

steam

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup.107459/
Relevancy 55.04%

Everytime i started up my computer i got a message saying "Windows was unable to load a cerntain file, a backup file has been loaded." I'd click "OK" and it would go away. Is this a sign of a bigger problem?

P.S. I have also had problems with video drivers and games crashing could this be related?

A:Startup error message

what is the name of the 'certain file' ? (and does windows name the backup file)
What is your operating system?
what are the specs of your pc? (not forgetting your graphics card)
what games are crashing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-message.409086/
Relevancy 55.04%

My mom's computer is getting an error at startup It says there's a problem with her hard drive that she needs to fix But Getting at error message a startup she doesn't know what it is Maybe you can help Here is the HTJ log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Jeanette Ames at on Tue Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS System CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files iWin Games iWinTrusted exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc Getting a error message at startup exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA Getting a error message at startup McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe Getting a error message at startup -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HPZ C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS GWMDMMSG exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ybrwicon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k HPService C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exe C PROGRA Yahoo browser ycommon exe C WINDOWS StartupMonitor exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint dpupdchk exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static ccc exe C Program Files MSN Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe C Program Files Microsoft Money System urlmap exe C Documents and Settings Jeanette Ames Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE B DB YLO dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp sbcydsl http www yahoo com uStart Page hxxp my yahoo com uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp search yahoo com search p searchTerms amp ei utf- amp fr b ie mDefault Search URL hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults su msgr http www yahoo com mSearch Page hxxp us rd yahoo com customize ie defaults sp msgr http www yahoo com mSearch Bar hxxp red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sb sbcydsl http www yahoo com search ie html uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c progra yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO HP Print Enhancer c e- - -bf - c - c program files hewlett-packard digital imaging smart web printing hpswp printenhancer dll BHO SpywareGuardDLBLOCK CBrowserHelper a e - f- - b - b ddd db - c program files spywareguard dlprotect dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c program files spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO UberButton Class bab b b- bc- b - d - fc de a - c program files yahoo common yiesrvc dll BHO YahooTaggedBM Class d a - ca - b-bb - d efb a - c program files yahoo common YIeTagBm dll BHO RoboForm d a - d - d - - e a - c program files siber systems ai roboform roboform dll BHO SSVHelper Class bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan scriptsn dll BHO IEHlprObj Class ca ed -f fb- -a - e - ... Read more

A:Getting a error message at startup

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236040/getting-a-error-message-at-startup/
Relevancy 55.04%

This is the message I get when I start up XP:

Error loading C:\Program
Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll

The specified module could not be found.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
I ran spybot and fixed some problems then I started getting this error message.

Relevancy 55.04%

When i Start up my windows xp home edition laptop an error message pos up and says:

Error Loading C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll

The specified module could not be found be found.

--------------The title bar of the error message says, "RUNDLL"-------------

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMP, AND HOW DO I FIX THIS ERROR! PLEASE POST SOME FEEDBACK FOR ME, THANKS!

A:Please Help Me....error Message On Startup

WildTangent is used to play multiplayer games online.

Download and run HighJackThis. Save the log and then it will appear in Notepad. Copy the log and paste it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-error-message-on-startup.227170/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I'm running XP pro on a Dell D820 laptop.

On startup I am receiving the error message " docmgr.exe - Unable to locate component This application has failed to start because wxvault.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I do not know which application the error message is referring to!

After a search, the file wxvault.dll is located at two places.

C:\i386 and

C:\Program Files\Dell\Embassy Trust Suite by Wave\Embassy Trust Suite\Document Manager Lite\System32

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Skipper55

A:Error Message on Startup

hi, Looks like it would be part of the Intel motherboard programs that should be on a CD that came with the system or the motherboard if you purchased that as an upgrade at some point:
"""Embassy Trust suite uses the Trusted Platform Module (TPM) security chip on the motherboard to give you the latest in security combined with productivity features when protecting documents, securing passwords, generating digital certificates, encrypting email, logging on to Windows, managing security preferences, and more. """ (Quote from the site in link below)

http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/software/ets/

check the site for tech support, maybe just simply reinstalling would fix it but there may be other steps to take first, I dont know...

If the program came installed as part of the Dell system, it may be able to be reinstalled through the Dell Application Recovery utility, check from Start> All Programs> Dell or Dell Application Recovery....

Start up the application recovery thing, look for "Reinstall one application" entry.

Or, it may be an a separate CD for Embassy> part of the motherboard's drivers CD since this is a chip installed on the motherboard you are dealing with. You should check the support documentation for the program and the motherboard>>> you may have the manual for the board, look in that since the chip is part of it.

Not to alarm you, but there has been a vulnerability found in DocMgr which is also part of what you are dealing with> http://secunia.com/advisories/18803/

Says there it is still not patched, you can look up the version you have and check.
Perhaps if you post a Hijackthis log the experts can check and see if any malware is present...
If you need directions for Hijackthis just jump over to the TSG Security forum, read some threads, many of them have the download link and directions to get and use Hijackthis to save and post a log for review, that is
our first step in diagnosing for malware.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup.500059/
Relevancy 55.04%

yesterday my computer froze and i couldnt shut it upon message startup Error down i had to turn it off at the tower Upon trying to reboot it displays windows xp logo and then the upon pressing f the help screen appears it will not allow me to acces any of the functions ie safe mode etc and then a blue screen appears which says A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Disable or uninstal any anti virus disk defragmentation of backup utilities check your hard drive configuration and checkfor any updated drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer technical information STOP x x x af xc x I have no idea how to run chkdsk disable anti virus if windows wont load can i access it I ran a very lengthy diagnostic check took about hours and everything passed the test I am not very pc literate and dont know whether i am better off taking it in to be repaired of whether this is a situation i can remedy I would love to know what the error codes in particular mean Help lin Error message upon startup nbsp

A:Error message upon startup

From auhma.org description --0x00000024: NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM
A problem occurred within NTFS.SYS, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. There may be a physical problem with the disk, or an Interrupt Request Packet (IRP) may be corrupted. Other common causes include heavy hard drive fragmentation, heavy file I/O, problems with some types of drive-mirroring software, or some antivirus software. I suggest running ChkDsk or ScanDisk as a first step; then disable all file system filters such as virus scanners, firewall software, or backup utilities. Check the file properties of NTFS.SYS to ensure it matches the current OS or SP version. Update all disk, tape backup, CD-ROM, or removable device drivers to the most current versions.

* My first best guess is that either you have bad sectors on your harddrive or your harddrive is failing.

* You could possibly slave your drive in another system and copy your important stuff onto a flash drive and/or burn to a disk. If the other drive has a harddisk diagnostic utility you can test your slave drive by running both S.M.A.R.T. and Long tests. Make sure you do the Long Test. Seagate Tools will work with many harddrives not just their own.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-upon-startup.112065/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello I am getting an error message on startup A box is coming up saying that a file grwinsthlp exe cannot be found Here Error startup on message is my HijackThis logfile Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe c Error message on startup Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system brss a exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system Brmfrmps exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe c Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C windows system hpsysdrv exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS AGRSMMSG exe C WINDOWS system hphmon exe C HP KBD KBD EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS ALCMTR EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files ScanSoft PaperPort pptd nt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE C Program Files InterMute SpySubtract SpySub exe C Program Files Greetings Workshop GWREMIND EXE C WINDOWS system DllHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings HP Administrator Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL http www the-exit com search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c Q amp bd pavilion amp pf desktop R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - c Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - c Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c windows system hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run High Definition Audio Property Page Shortcut HDAudPropShortcut exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run AGRSMMSG AGRSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run HPHmon C WINDOWS system hphmon exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KBD EXE O - HKLM Run Recg... Read more

A:Error message on startup

Hi revvassago, Welcome to TSG!!

Run HJT again and put a check in the following:

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,SearchURL = http://www.the-exit.com/search

O8 - Extra context menu item: >>> FREE PORN GALLERIES <<< - javascript:{document.location='http://sexmaxx.com/freegalleries.htm';}

Close all applications and browser windows before you click "fix checked".

Restart in safe mode

Open Windows Explorer. Go to Tools, Folder Options and click on the View tab. Make sure that "Show hidden files and folders" is checked. Also uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". Now click "Apply to all folders" Click "Apply" then "OK".

Delete this file:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\grwinsthlp.exe

Reboot to normal mode and do a free on-line virus scan here: http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup.424315/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I start up my computer, which has Win. 7, I keep getting this error of SOS. Message has stopped working. What does this mean? I can still do things on my computer and it seems to be running fine, but it is annoying. It is doing the finding a solution thing but never finds a solution. I am not very computer literate so please explain in easy to understand terms? Thank you for your help.

A:I keep getting SOS. Message error at startup... HELP

See this thread in our forums: [SOLVED] &quot;SOS.Messaging has stopped working&quot; every time I start Win 7...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/i-keep-getting-sos-message-error-at-startup-help-688625.html
Relevancy 55.04%

ERROR MESSAGE as follows:
RTHDCPLE>EXE-Illegal Sysem DLL Relocation

The system DLL user32.dll was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\Windows\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address reange reserved for Windows system DLLs. The Vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

I ran Registry Booster to clean up my registry. Need to know how to fix the above stated problem. Help?

You received a bad MS update yesterday. MS has a patch to fix yesterdays update: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935448/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup.558152/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi there,

Every time I start XP a small window with the following error message occurs:

Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c

Whilst not a serious problem (hopefully), it is rather annoying, and I was just wondering how I might get rid of it.

Thanks,
Best regards,
Matt

Hi Matt,

I just did a search for c0000013 and found a lot of problems showing up on the web. Seems something is trying to access one of your CD drives and complains when it finds nothing there. It's likely some adware that go on your machine. A good malware scan might get rid of it for you.

Best regards,
Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-on-startup-253453.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Can anyone help please as I don't have a clue what this message refers to.
Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0x950 (2384), Thread id=0x954 (2388),
Click OK to terminate the application,
Click CANCEL to debug the application.

When I Click cancel to debug the application, I get the following message.

" Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2). Please check computer settings.
cordbg.exe !a 0xf9c
Click on Retry to have the process wait while attaching a debugger manually,
Click on cancel to abort the JIT debug request
hitbit

Logonhook.exe usually belongs to the McAfee data backup program. I'd suggest uninstalling it and checking to see if that fixed it. If so, you can download a fresh copy and install it and the errors should not reappear.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/174208/error-message-at-startup/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am running Windows XP Home. On start up I get the following message.

The system DLL user 32 was relocated in memory. The application will not run properly. The relocation occurred because the DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\HHCTRL.OCX occupied an address range reserved for windows system DLL's. The vendor supplying the DLL should be contacted for a new DLL.

I just click OK and carry on and so far nothing has failed to work. Can someone please explain what this means and what action I should take.

Thanks

Pat W

A:DLL Error message on startup

From the latest Microsoft Update.
Illegal System DLL Relocation

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dll-error-message-on-startup.558157/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

My name is Jason and I'm brand new to the forum with a question. I have Windows XP and after logging in under my name to start Windows, I receive an error message saying
Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\gycesrkc.dll
the specified module could not be found

I've searched for the problem on google and yahoo. I found similar error messages with different endings after the system32\ such as system32\bridge.dll and others, but not my particular case.

Many various answers were given on how to fix the problem but I thought I'd go to the forum and get some one on one help to be sure I remove this correctly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Jason

You won't find it becuase it is a made-up name of some infection that you probably removed in a scan. You would do well to scan with more than one malware scanner to be sure that there are not others present.

For the problem you are having, download and run Autoruns. When it tells you in its status bar that it has finished scanning, look through the list (or use its search finction) to find the entry for that dll and delete it. It is no longer present, anyway.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-message.788678/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello,

I recently just starting having this problem in which it states that a specified modual cannot be found when i enter onto desptop?. I have no clue where this came from and it is very annoying. I have attached an image at the bottom of what specifically it states. If anyone could help me out with this issue, i'd greatly appreciate it.

Hard Drive Capacity 320 GB
Processor Cores 2
Processor Speed 1.86 GHz
Processor Type: Intel Pentium Dual-Core P6000
RAM 4GB

Thank You

A:Error message during startup

Hi Friend,
It seems like u need to reboot your computer with new Operating system. The System file has been corrupted... !!!
Reboot ur computer as soon as u can....

By
Darius.J

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-during-startup.1039739/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey i found a problem with ma message startup!!!!! on Error computer recently just a few days before i started receiving an error report while starting Error message on startup!!!!! windows ie at the startup like quot Windows-Application error failed to initialise properly click ok to terminate quot and wen i ok windows was bak to normal in functionality but the next day i found dat the windows was not booting like just the desktop was loading with ma walpaper but no taskbar and icons i tried restarting several times but the result was the same the only remedy me was to kill quot explorer exe quot openin ask manager alt cntrl del and rerunning the same still i couldnt load all my startupp apps just the volume icon and lan icon was displayed Error message on startup!!!!! in the system tray i dint knew wat had happend actually weather itz any kind of infections or something but doubtfully i uninstalled the Error message on startup!!!!! quot net framework quot i installed a day b i got d error and the result was slight different this time i was able to load windows with all my icons and my desied apps in system tray BUT my booting was taking a much more time and I WAS STILL GETTING THAT ERROR MESSAGE everything after booting is normal Can any one please help me to remove the error message thats blocking my startup i'm attaching a screenshot here thanks in advance my pc intel pentium processor gb ram ghz using windows xp professional sp

A:Error message on startup!!!!!

any ways to remove the error message....itz a nuisence now a days.....tried several registry cleaners..stil the problem persists...
plzz help.....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-on-startup-493246.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Could not Execute main, could not find specified file.

System:
Microsoft windows xp
home edition
version 2002
service pack 2

compaq persario
amd athlom xp 1700
1.47 ghz 224 mb of ram

i was running dual partitins with windows nt my D drive is now empty what has happend..............help

Relevancy 55.04%

Well basically today i went to install the Service pack it was all going fine until after During Startup :( cant in Message Error get the reboot it got stuck at a certain file for around - mins and i had coursework to do Error Message During Startup cant get in :( so i got impatient and turned off my computer and back on and i got that dreaded blue screen that tells me that Windows couldnt start and obviously that has ruined my computer i cant do anything Cant go into safe mode it just restarts my computer i have my Vista installation cd but even then it loads the windows files when i boot from disc and once thats done the vista loading bar comes up and then it just restarts my computer or when that is done a blue screen comes up and said quot a problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer etc etc etc Technical Information Stop x c F quot anyone able to help im really deperate

Relevancy 55.04%

I have been getting the following message on startup with my XpSP3 machine:

---------------------------
Windows - No Disk
Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf7c 4 75b6bf7c 75b6bf7c
Cancel Try Again Continue

Hi and welcome to TSF there are a few sugestions here http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_I_r...ters_75b6bf7c4

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-on-startup-496029.html
Relevancy 55.04%

RUN dll.32 i accidently deleted this programme from my comp and cannot retrieve any help gladly recieved plz

A:error message @ startup

Download a new copy from HERE

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-startup-294671.html
Relevancy 55.04%

When I start up my Dell Dimension 8200, I get an error message that says: "Drive 1 Primary EIDE controller is operating outside of normal specifications" and directs me to replace HDD. I had originally (year ago)replaced the original hard drive after a power supply failure with a new W.D. and put the original back in as a slave. Any suggestions other than tossing the W.D. hard drive? Can I transfer everything to the slave hard drive and is there an "simple" way to do that? Thank you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/startup-error-message-441233.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Sometimes when I start my laptop, I will get an error that says 'Error: could not connect to API'. Does anybody know how I can fix this. Thanks.

A:API ERROR message at startup...

API refers to Application Program Interface. Since this only occurs at startup one cause could be a program that has been uninstalled but the 'startup' for the program is still there but it can't find the API. It could also be something you have installed but need to be connected to a certain server or website to run.

I would start\run type msconfig go to the start up tab and look for something you uninstalled recently.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/api-error-message-at-startup.775318/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi, when turning on my computer frequently I'm getting the message "The instruction at 0x7c80af07 referenced memory at 0x7f93ffb5. The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate or click on cancel to debug" I click on debug and it restarts the computer and seems to go fine the second time. Can someone please tell me what this means and why it's happening.

Thanks

A:Error message upon startup

The cause can have a dozen reasons.
It could be faulty RAM, but that should show up as unreliability afterwards
It could be a flakey area on the hard drive, causing an incorrect loading of a driver or system file.
It could be a dodgy or damaged driver.

etc.

I would opt for the driver issue first, if one is damaged when loading initially it could be the cause. Renew motherboard video and audio drivers.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-upon-startup.467968/
Relevancy 55.04%

some time ago a virus scan uncovered a hijack file WsCmd800.exe instead of quarantine i deleted the file. Now when i turn on the computer the computer stops half way thru startup and a error message with a big red x in the corner comes up and says windows cannot find this file WsCmd800.exe make sure the path is correct. I click ok and the computer boots up until the next startup. How do i remove this error message so the computer boots without stopping on this error?

A:startup error message

Run MSCONFIG and select the Startup tab. Then look for it. If you don't find it select the Services tab and look for it there. If that fails also Run REGEDIT and search for it there and delete any reference for it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-message.492785/
Relevancy 55.04%

I'm getting an error message when booting up my computer:

PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable

PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcam PXE ROM

No Boot Device Detected, Insert System Disk and press F1 to continue or press F2 to setup menu.

My boot up sequence is:

Floppy
CD Rom
CD Rom
LAN

I have never seen this message and this has happened out of no where. I'm not sure what to do. Please help!

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

Since my last post I was able to regain the functionality I had lost, however, the following error message appears on startup; a variant of the original. Please see my last post for details if necessary. Thanks.

Here's the message:

Error in C:\WINDOWS\system32\msfeeds.dll
Missing entry:Scheduler

Jim

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-error-message-on-startup.465409/
Relevancy 55.04%

This is the message I get on startup

EM_EXEC.EXE-Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point [email protected]@@QAEXXZ could not be located in the dynamic library COMNCTR.dll

When I click ok it goes away but it is very annoying can anyone help?

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

Everytime my Windows XP starts, an error message as below appears. it slowing down the windows loading process. My antivirus (Avira Pro) did not detect any virus.

Windows cannot find "c:\documents and settings\extensa46302\pwd.exe." Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. To search for a file, click the start button and then click search.

Hopefully somebody can help me solve this problem. Thanks.

A:Error message at startup

HelloA "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads. To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.Right-click on the entry and choose delete.Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.Credit to quietman7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/270145/error-message-at-startup/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,

My PC had crashed a few times last week but I managed to "revived" it.

Right now when I start my PC. There is always a message as shown below:

"Floppy diskette seek failure
Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the setup utility."

I am very puzzled with this because I don't have a floppy disk drive!

And the worse thing is that a few of my applications is not working as a result of that!

My PC Specification:
Dell Dimension 4700
Pentium 4, CPU 3.00 GHz, 2.99GHz, 504MB of RAM
Windows XP home edition

Please advice.

Yours sincerely,
Steve

Relevancy 55.04%

When I start computer I get rundll error message that says " error loading Program~1\ofoto\ofotonow\ofusbs.dll. Specified module can't be found. I went to System Configuration Utility and unchecked OFUSBS, but it comes back on next startup, and box is "checked"again. Any ideas?

Hi

That appears to be a programme that detects when a digital camera is attached to one of the usb ports. I would suggest uninstalling and then reinstalling the programme. Try also going Start > Control Panel > Performance and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Services to disable from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup.414560/
Relevancy 55.04%

On my Windows 7 Home Premium laptop, I am getting .NET error messages at startup (attached).

Any ideas as to how to correct and get rid of the messages.

T

A:.NET Error Message On Startup

In the Start Menu type MSCONFIG then select the startup tab.

Please post a screenshot of that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/net-error-message-on-startup-962465.html
Relevancy 55.04%

About 50% of the time that I start up my computer I get an error message as soon as the desktop is visible (before anything is on the desktop though.) The error message says something like "Windows has encountered a problem and must restart." Then there's the option to click "Close" or "Debug", click either results in the computer freezing.

Any suggestions?

-Capnbob

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup.363558/
Relevancy 55.04%

My wife's Dell Inspiron laptop gets the following error message when booting up. "Error loading C'Windows/cofxdk.DLL". What does this message mean and how do we remove it? Thanks.

A:XP Startup error message

Go here and click the green "Download latest version" link to download and save HiJackThis 2.0.4.

After it's been downloaded and saved, close all open windows first, then double-click the saved file to install it.

Allow it to install in its default location - C:\Program Files.

After it's been installed, start it and then click "Do a system scan and save a log file".

When the scan is finished in less than 30 seconds, a log file will appear.

Save that log file.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the entire log file here.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-startup-error-message.1025844/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I turn on my comp. I receive an error message:

The IPHLPAPI.DLL file cannot start.

Any suggestions on how to fix this little critter?

Thanking all responders in advance

Relevancy 55.04%

Right, for a start I am not computer literate at all so do not understand technical terms...
Can someone help me PLEASE????

Once switching on pc, there ie an erroe message which reads something like, we are sorry for the inconvenience but are unable to satrup windows. Possible cause change to harware or software. What can I do to get in and find out which it is?

A:Error message on startup!

try pressing f8 when booting up and from the boot options choose
last known good configuration
if this does not work,then try safe mode from the boot option menu

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-on-startup-18970.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am getting a new startup message error

"There was a problem starting drtmp.dll. The specified module could not be found".

I did a virus scan with Malware Bytes and AVG and after fidning and removing some threats, this message now pops up. How do I disable this pop up or better yet reinstert or restart the missing DLL?

I am running Windows 7 32 Bit Professional

Thanks

A:New Startup Message Error

I would suspect that you don't want to restart the missing DLL.
It's most likely a virus that was removed - and your anti-malware program didn't get all the remnants of it.

To stop it from starting, please use this free application: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/s.../bb963902.aspx

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-startup-message-error-498996.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Folks A couple weeks ago I was infested with a ton of malware spyware causing all sorts of mayhem Following the advice and ALL the steps of your Hijack This forum Message startup Error on I was able to successfully clean and restore my system and install lots of protection from this ever happening again I have one minor remaining glitch that appeared as part of following the cleansing Error Message on startup process that I would like to fix and I believe this is the appropriate section to address it I have a Dell Dimension Pentium Windows XP SP with all the latest MS updates The problem is as follows While starting up I get a windows info box with an 'OK' button titled quot REGSVR quot Inside the box it says 'Load Library quot c Documents and Settings All Users Application Data qlifqbef dll quot failed - specified module could not be found' I can click the 'OK' button and the box disappears and the system operates just fine but I would really like to rid myself of this startup glitch I have searched for the dll file on the hard drive but cannot find it if it even exists While searching I have used the 'advanced search' features like hidden files system files etc Please help me rid myself of this annoying message Also opinions on whether to go ahead and install XP SP are welcomed as my 'auto updates' is asking me to do it but I'm skeer'd Thanks in advance Brian MacKinnon

A:Error Message on startup

Click on start and then click on run. Then type "msconfig" and then click on the startup tab.

Check to see if the "REGSVR32" is checked there. Then unchecked the box if it's there. Also have you run a registry cleaner?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-on-startup-248124.html
Relevancy 55.04%

The instruction at quot x c fea quot referenced memory at quot x quot The memory could not be written Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program OK Cancel startup??? w/ Error App @ message lt -boxes to chose from in error message At the top it has a blue border that states iexplore exe - Application Error When I hit debug I am not sure as to what is happening or App Error w/ message @ startup??? supposed to happen When I hit Cancel it doesnt seem to be of notice either I have also noticed slowed performance slower internet and off net times and certain programs will no longer work such as Microsoft Task Works We are of very humble means certainly lacking the money to a serviceman I am disabled and am dependent on my computer I had Kapersky Internet Security Suit but the membership just ran out last months Any ideas on how to address these problems the big one being that error message would be very helpful Thank you in advance Happy holiday s to all Ian aka blugrsvt nbsp

Relevancy 55.04%

I:m using Windows xp.At startup I,m getting a box that reads RUNDLL: error loading C:program 1\newbot - 2.dll.The specified module could not be found.I,m not really good with computer problems.Could you help me out.Thanks

A:error message @ startup

it sounds like a program you have set to startup is causing that problem.
you have 1 of 2 options:

1) go to start -> startup and remove the program from the startup folder
or
2) Uninstall the problem program, then remove it from the startup folder.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-startup-104434.html
Relevancy 55.04%

on almost a regular basis on opening my window I get a message after startup in my user screen
as such *****.Exe No Drive
There is no disk in drive
Please insert a disk into drive\devices\hard disk9\DR48

the **** can be anything from NCDStart, SPYSStart (and a few others) and the disk number and DR number also change with the different
***** values

Do I have a corrupt or missing dll file or what else?

I did run Norton Windoctor and no longer see any registery errors.

(I did see a missing dll file once)

I do had have a spyware program (ad-Adware) that I do run almost daily.

I also had spysweeper but because of the messages that seemed to relate the SPY I removed it. It did help alittle but I still get get some but not as many error messages as before

It really bugs me
I cant get rid of them!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup.346144/
Relevancy 55.04%

I get an error message every time I boot up. "Desktop Agent Tray has stopped working". How can I fix it when I don't know what it is. Fault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dll
Can anyone give me a clue?

A:Error Message at startup!

^ Please remove this spammer.

@Nenah:
This post will allow you to disable the startup item VIA windows
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...5-4344eba682bd

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/error-message-at-startup-539921.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey i found a problem with ma computer recently just a few days before i started receiving an error report while starting windows ie at the startup like quot Windows-Application error failed to initialise properly click ok to terminate quot and wen i ok windows was bak to normal in functionality but the next day i found dat the windows was not booting like just the desktop was loading with ma walpaper but no taskbar and icons i tried restarting several times but the result was the same the only remedy me was to kill quot explorer exe quot openin ask manager Error startup message on alt Error message on startup cntrl del and rerunning the same still i couldnt load all my startupp apps just the volume icon and lan icon was displayed in the system tray i dint knew wat had Error message on startup happend actually weather itz any kind of infections or something but doubtfully i uninstalled the quot net framework quot i installed a day b i got d error and the result was slight different this time i was able to load windows with all my icons and my desied apps in system tray BUT my booting was taking a much more time and I WAS STILL GETTING THAT ERROR MESSAGE everything after booting is normal Can any one please help me to remove the error message thats blocking my startup i m attaching a screenshot here thanks in advance my pc intel pentium processor gb ram ghz using windows xp professional sp nbsp

.Net Framework Problems

First suspect is that you still have a .net problem. Checkout the fixes at:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx.
You might also run c:\sfc /scannow to repair any missing or damaged windows files. (You may need the XP install CD)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-message-on-startup.149156/
Relevancy 55.04%

Whenever I boot up my computer, I get a message that says

"There was a problem starting \3\DLCXtime.dll

The specified module could not be found"

The box has an 'OK' button and an x in the top right, I just hit 'OK' and the box goes away and doesn't bug me, but I wish to have it stop, since it kinda worries me that it may be a larger problem that may slowly get bigger.

Hi and welcome.
Relates the Dell Printer drivers.
Microsoft Answers - link relates to Vista but the answer is the same.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...xtimedll/f6393e5d-e94e-40e6-8665-099908986955

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup.1066716/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello Evey body ,

I have problem with message below

I know this message belong to ATI Display Driver , and i update the .NET Framework to 3.5 and nothing happened

It appears when i restart or start the windows

How can i Solve this problem

A:Startup Error Message

The error message in this forum http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33933028 is similar, and may solve your problem. Looks like you'll have to uninstall and reinstall the ATI software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-message.856674/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am running Windows XP and every time I start my machine up I get an error message saying:

Error: 'C\windows\inf\GETPLUSo.INF'

And I think this same problem is stopping me from installing some things on my PC.

I think that I might have accidentally blocked something using Spybot serch and destroy without backing it up. I know, I know, I'm a doofus but i'd really appreciate some help getting rid of this error.

Thanks in advance.

See post on other area of forum that may help.
http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/635236-solved-getplus.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-message.746921/
Relevancy 55.04%

Frequently when I boot up, a dialog box opens that reads..ATI poller "the instruction at OX7C911639 referenced memory at 0x0086300 could not be read". I did post this before and please excuse me for doing it again. I received two replies and completely understand that my reply to them was not responded to. The dialog box is annoying but does not seem to be affecting anything else. ATI support was zero help. operating system is XP.
Again, sorry to be a pest. Tank you for any help!

The ATI hotkey poller is used if you want to use hotkeys to change display settings, but it's not necessary if you don't use that function. I have it disabled on my machine and ATI still works fine. Go into Administrative Tools > Services, disable ATI HotKey Poller, reboot and see if that gets rid of the error message.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-message.526245/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guys,

I keep getting this annoying error message that reads: "Error: loader couldn't initialize service!" I have 2 operating systems on my computer, 98SE and XP Home, and I can choose which one to run when the computer starts the boot. The boot itself goes fine for both, but once the background appears (after the welcome screen) the message comes up (this occurs on XP only). I have no idea what it could possibly be caused by. Has anyone ever had this error before? If so, how did you go about reparing it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Relevancy 55.04%

hi when i start my pc i m getting an error message saying a parameter is incorrect.help

Relevancy 55.04%

Hi all,
I am wondering how to get rid of an error message at startup.
I recently purchased a new computer and started to install internet software (sympatico) before I realized that windows XP takes care of that itself.
On startup the computer now looks for a file called vtruckdbg and asks for the setup disk to be installed, I can install the disk but an error message comes up which includes this vtruckdbg file not found message.
I can also hit cancel and the computer boots fine, it is just very annoying to get this message on each startup. How do I get rid of it?
Thanks for any help.
Rob

Relevancy 55.04%

When coputer is turned on i get the following message:

Windows cannot find C:\windows\system\svchctrl.exe

after i click the ok button i get the following message:

Could not load or run C:\windows\system\svchctrl.exe specified in the registry make sure the file exsist on your computer or remove the reference to it in the registry

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

Svchctrl.exe is Trojan
Click here to download HJTInstall.exe

Save HJTInstall.exe to your desktop.
Doubleclick on the HJTInstall.exe icon on your desktop.
By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis .
Click on Install.
It will create a HijackThis icon on the desktop.
Once installed, it will launch Hijackthis.
Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
DO NOT have Hijackthis fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-message.594486/
Relevancy 55.04%

I get this error message when I start my computer:

Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1

I just click ok and it goes away. Computer will continue to startup and run. Any suggestions?

A:error message at startup

You might cure this by going to the Microsoft website and dowloading some up to date .Net packages. Have a look in your Control Panel>Add and remove Programmes with the Show Updates box ticked, to see which .Net packages you already have, and post back if you don't have anything after version 1.1.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-at-startup.965559/
Relevancy 55.04%

Good Morning everyone,

I had a few malware on the computer I use at work.
I think I have cleaned them all and I've put an updated version of Avast that didn't report any error.

Nevertheless, I keep having a message when I start my computer saying

Windows cannot find c:\windows\system32\printer.exe

I have tried to go to the MSCONFIG configuration to untick it at startup but it does not appear.

Thanks for helping me remove this annoyance.

Mehdi

Find it in Autoruns and delete it.

Use Startup Control Panel or Startup Control Panel (Exe version for Vista) to control startups and leave msconfig for diagnostics.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-at-startup.700253/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello. I just cleaned my computer out for the 400th time. After putting it back together, I get an error message right after my motherboard screen. It says CPU fan error! Press F1 to continue. So I press F1, and everything starts up as usual. I can see through the glass pane that the fan is indeed running. It MIGHT be running just a touch high but that may be in my head. Speedfan says my temperatures are fine. What causes this error, and why am I getting it all of a sudden?

A:CPU fan error message before startup.

Ignore this. Mark as solved. I think a PSU cord was just touching it or something.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-fan-error-message-before-startup.903599/
Relevancy 55.04%

Everytime I login a popup appears:

Quote:
There was a problem starting:
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\MFWMAAECE.dll

Access is denied.

I've just uninstalled a program which it might be related to but I haven't had any problems anywhere. I've searched for the file in the folder and in start menu and its not coming up with anything.

Running Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks.

Nothing come up in Google, possible problem
Run a full antivirus scan
Download and run malwarebyte, full scan, after update
Report back

Try in safe mode if necessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/112143-error-message-startup.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I am tired of starting my rig and seeing this goofy error message...

system has recovered from serious error... do I wish to send to MicroSuck... j/k...

i clicked to send report a couple of weeks ago, but I still get this message each and every time I load up... what can I do to make it go bye-bye...???

A:Error Message At StartUp

You could try a repair of xp http://www.uea.ac.uk/itcs/software/xp/xprepair.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-at-startup.293752/
Relevancy 55.04%

I have two computers at work using NT- still. At one time Pest Patrol was on these two machines. An IT guy removed the program on both computers, but I still get this error message when I boot up.
"Cannot Find File `C:\Progra~1\Pestpa~1\Ppmemcheck.exe".
I ran CCleaner in the hope it would take care of it, but no luck. Any suggestions. Thanks a lot.

Relevancy 55.04%

Runnning Windows XP Pro.....the startUp error message reads:

ERROR LOADING C:\WINDOWs\bs3.dll
the specified module could not be found.

Please advise what this may indicate and how I can remove it.....

A:StartUp Error Message

I think you should run Hijack This, look for and fix tis entry: O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Bsx3] RunDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\bs3.dll,DllRun
You can go to http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/, and download 'Hijack This!'. Unzip, doubleclick HijackThis.exe, and hit "Scan". Then "fix" the above.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-message.167474/
Relevancy 55.04%

I've noticed this two days ago, I've had a death in the family since then and am now just trying to tackle this. I do not remember what I was doing at the time.

Again, on start up I get an error message that states

Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\knwbbvgb.dll

if anyone has any help I would love it, plus I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this. it looked okay though

jz

A:Getting An Error Message On Startup...

Have you recently removed any viruses/malware from the system? This could be a leftover from that.If so, first I'd suggest that you try a couple of these free, online scanners to see if anything has slipped by your protection:(Be advised that some of these scanners will pickup things in "quarantine" from other anti-virus programs - so review the results carefully)http://housecall.trendmicro.comhttp://www.pandasecurity.com/homeusers/solutions/activescan/http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner Scan Only - no removalhttp://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlhttp://support.f-secure.com/enu/home/ols.shtmlhttp://us.mcafee.com/root/mfs/default.asphttp://onlinescan.avast.com/http://ca.com/us/securityadvisor/virusinfo/scan.aspxhttp://www.eset.com/onlinescan/<links compiled on 02/14/2008> After ensuring that your system is clean (if you don't, the malware may mutate and become harder to remove) you can use this free application to remove the startup entry that's calling that file: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysintern...s/Autoruns.mspxJust scroll down the list until you find the image path that has that DLL file in the name and remove the checkmark on the left to stop it from loading.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/159701/getting-an-error-message-on-startup/
Relevancy 55.04%

I am getting a message that says, hardware monitor found an error. Enter power setup menu for details. help please, not very computer savy! thanks

Relevancy 55.04%

Day of Win -still taking me an hour to do what took minutes - main startup message at Error 'problem' is that I don't understand an error message at start up Error message at startup - I click continue and it goes away - while the message is on screen AVG icon is in the bottom bar but if I click cancel or whatever sorry forgot the other option to continue again error message goes away and AVG icon disappears from the bottom if anyone's interested I copied the error message but it's Error message at startup a long one and show it below - please put my mind at rest and tell me how to stop the message and put things what right thanks ian error message See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time JIT debugging instead of this dialog box Exception Text System NullReferenceException Object reference not set toan instance of an object atAVUS Form CheckUpdates atAVUS Form Form Load Object sender EventArgs e atSystem EventHandler Invoke Object sender EventArgs e atSystem Windows Forms Form OnLoad EventArgs e atSystem Windows Forms Control CreateControl Boolean fIgnoreVisible atSystem Windows Forms Control CreateControl atSystem Windows Forms Control WmShowWindow Message amp m atSystem Windows Forms Control WndProc Message amp m atSystem Windows Forms Control ControlNativeWindow WndProc Message amp m atSystem Windows Forms NativeWindow Callback IntPtr hWnd Int msg IntPtrwparam IntPtr lparam Loaded Assemblies mscorlib Assembly Version Win Version Win RTM - CodeBase file C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v mscorlib dll ---------------------------------------- AVUS Assembly Version Win Version CodeBase file C Program Files x AVUS AVUS exe ---------------------------------------- Microsoft VisualBasic Assembly Version Win Version Win RTM - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL Microsoft VisualBasic b f f f d a a Microsoft VisualBasic dll ---------------------------------------- System Windows Forms Assembly Version Win Version Win RTM - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Windows Forms b a c e System Windows Forms dll ---------------------------------------- System Assembly Version Win Version Win RTM - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System b a c e System dll ---------------------------------------- System Drawing Assembly Version Win Version Win RTM - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Drawing b f f f d a a System Drawing dll ---------------------------------------- System Runtime Remoting Assembly Version Win Version Win RTM - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Runtime Remoting b a c e System Runtime Remoting dll ---------------------------------------- System Configuration Assembly Version Win Version Win RTM - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Configuration b f f f d a a System Configuration dll ---------------------------------------- System Xml Assembly Version Win Version Win RTM - CodeBase file C Windows assembly GAC MSIL System Xml b a c e System Xml dll ---------------------------------------- JIT Debugging To enable just-in-time JIT debugging the config file forthis application or computer machine config must have the jitDebugging value set in the system windows forms section The application must also be compiled with debugging enabled For example lt configuration gt lt system windows forms jitDebugging quot true quot gt lt configuration gt When JIT debugging is enabled any unhandled exception will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer rather than be handled by this dialog box

A:Error message at startup

Welcome to the Windows 8 forum.

There is lots that we need to know before addressing your error message. What is the computer that you are running? What processor, motherboard (if you know them). Where does this error message occur? On boot up? When running a program?

Most problems can be solved by updating the drivers for your computer from the manufacturer's website. Please make sure that ALL your drivers have first be updated before trying to analyze any errors you be getting.

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/14834-error-message-startup.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi ...

I always get the following message on startup "Windows cannot find 'msreged32.exe'". Need help thanking you

A:startup error message

thats not a real bad error, check this out, appears you have some malicious code removed and now have a bad path remaining in your registry try here.HKLM>software>microsoft>windows>current version>runcheck out his link http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32rbotbaa.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/29622/startup-error-message/
Relevancy 55.04%

When I start up windows I get this error message

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Hi, you haven't given us much info on your system Vista version or what might have happened to cause this (possible bad shutdown or software install or dual boot)? You will need a copy of Vista's dvd and boot from it. Go past the language page and select the "repair" option. You could try startup repair might work if not repeat the process and this time select "command prompt" at the prompt type the command below press enter restart the computer:-

Code:
Bcdedit ?store c:\boot\BCD ?set GUID path \windows\system32\Boot\winload.exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/startup-error-message-317461.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I have a toshiba all-in-one desktop computer thats currently having startup issues. A blue screen flashes with a boot disc error or something like it (according tomy sister the message changes from time to time) and then it acts like its going to start up but it reboots itself and the process repeats.

Normally after the blue screen (which flashes by so fast its kind of hard to read it all or any of it) a black screen comes up saying there's a cable loose or to check for loose cables, then to install a boot disc or something similar.

Its been working perfectly up until last night.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-error-message.1131065/
Relevancy 55.04%

ok guys need some help I keep getting this error message when i start my computer

The message reads.....

"Reader_sl.exe unable to locate component"
"This app. has failed to start b/c MSVCP7.dll was not found"
I think this maybe have to do w/ my deleting this program my search assistant from the add/remove button but im not sure

if someone can please help me out I would really appreciate it.

thanks!

Reader_sl.exe is part of Adobe Acrobat Reader. Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. Or if you want, just delete the icon from the Start > Programs > Startup. The app is really not necessary to run at startup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup.462039/
Relevancy 55.04%

When i Start up my windows xp home edition laptop an error message pos up and says:

Error Loading C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Apps\CDA\cdaEngine0400.dll

The specified module could not be found be found.

--------------The title bar of the error message says, "RUNDLL"-------------

WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY COMP, AND HOW DO I FIX THIS ERROR! PLEASE POST SOME FEEDBACK FOR ME, THANKS!

A:Error Message On StartUp

WildTangent is known malware, I'm afraid. You'll probably see wcmdmgr.exe in your start up tray. Ad-Aware is good for removing this
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

So too are the methods listed here:
http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/library/wildtangent/index.phtml

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-message-on-startup.227161/