Windows Support Forum

How do I setup Office 365 email different from ID in Win10 Mail App

Q: How do I setup Office 365 email different from ID in Win10 Mail App

I can't help you with your question... but I can say that the Win10 mail app is dreadful. If you've ever used a real email client like Thunderbird or Outlook... Win10's email app is like going back to 4th grade after being in college. OK, admittedly bad analogy. I had to abandon Windows Mail 2012 because MS made some changes to it's mail system. They finally took place over the weekend... at least for me, they've talked about this happening during the summer. I simply could not stand that app, and just installed Thunderbird yesterday.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/65066-how-do-i-setup-office-365-email-different-id-win10-mail-app.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: How do I setup Office 365 email different from ID in Win10 Mail App

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 70.52%

When I recently got a new PC with Windows 10, it forced me to create an "outlook.com" account as the default mail. But I have had another email address for many, many years and everyone I know and work with uses it to contact me. I MUST get that account to work reliably with Win10 Mail. It doesn't.
I have read dozens of articles elsewhere and tried all sorts of solutions to no avail.
When I ADD my Verizon account, it seems to be successful, but while the "outlook" address syncs constantly, the Verizon fails to sync about 9 times out of 10, sometimes giving error messages (various codes), but often just attempting to sync for hours on end. I think the worst so far has been around 18 hours of being unable to sync.
Please help a very frustrated new Windows 10 Mail user. Thanks.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/436207-what-must-i-do-get-win10-mail-pc-work-my-verizon-email-account.html
Relevancy 69.66%

prior to the past week or so, any hot links in emails I was able to click and open up a webpage etc... Now in several computers, the links just take me to MSN.com home page. WTF. Anyone know of a fix for this, annoying to copy/paste everything. MS do something with Win10 to make older office versions not work right? UGH!

https://hardforum.com/threads/not-sure-if-proper-area-but-win10-and-office-2003-outlook-email-issue-with-links.1907946/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello Everyone,

I am setting up my email accounts in Outlook 2016. I always do a manual setup and on my outlook.com email accounts, I use Exchange ActiveSync.

My questions are this.

What is this new option of selecting Office 365 and when would I use this option?When I did select the Office 365 option and pressed next my outlook would crash, any fix?What is the best selection to choose from when setting up my outlook.com account that would be great for automatically syncing with my calendar etc. on outlook.com or apple etc.?

Thank you very much for any help and assistance.

A:Outlook 2016 Manual Email Account Setup, Office 365 option? & Crashes

Manual setup for outlook.com accounts is absolutely unnecessary, Outlook 2016 does that automatically in a few seconds.

That being said, if you insist in doing it manually the correct option is Exchange ActiveSync. Office 365 option is for so called workplace email accounts, Azure AD / Office 365 for Business or Enterprise users. You select that option only if your organisation uses Office 365 and you want to set up your workplace email in Outlook 2016.

Kari

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/70158-outlook-2016-manual-email-account-setup-office-365-option-crashes.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, I am having real problems trying to send mail merge emails to subscribers of a charity event I am organising. I have previously done it successfully but I have recently changed my laptop and it now runs on Vista - this is the only change. I am using office 2007. Please help! Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mail-merge-to-email-via-office-2007-vista.917735/
Relevancy 55.04%

Trying to do a clean install booting from DVD or USB created w Media Creation Tool:

Windows 7 x86 and x64 boots from DVD or USB
Windows 10 x86, boots from DVD or USB.

Windows 10 x64, from DVD loads the blue window and then nothing more. Have to switch off/on to get out of it. From USB - nothing, just blank, some HD activity and then nothing, ctrl/Alt/Del restarts

A:Can't boot x64 Win10 setup from USB or DVD

Hello DoItJust,

If you haven't already, you might see if you may be able to boot to advanced startup from within Windows 10, select the Use a device option, and select your connected DVD or USB to boot from.

Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/18445-cant-boot-x64-win10-setup-usb-dvd.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Reinstalled all Sony Pre-Loaded software which did NOT include any Prior version of MS Office Other than a Trial Version of Office which I never used or installed It s still in my computer Have no idea what version it is Simply doesn t say because it s never been installed It s sitting in the same start menu as all of the other MS Office Programs In another message forum I was told Reinstall And MS My Pro Setup Reformatted in Hard Office 2007 Cannot Office Drive to delete it However Office Pro worked fine for days with the Trial program still sitting in the Start folder I managed to install MS Office Professional and it s worked for days without a hitch Today I get the error message when I try to use Outlook quot Cannot start MS Office Outlook Cannot initialize MS Office Shared Utilities Restart your computer Or reinstall MS Office Outlook quot No Luck Also when I try to start up MS Word the message says quot Not enought memory to load Word quot I have Gig of Ram and a Gig hard Drive When I insert the Office Pro disk to Reinstall the message is quot The path you have chosen does not point at a qualifying upgradable product Click Try again or Cancel to quit setup quot I also don t have ANY previous versions of any Office Suite program Reformatted My Hard Drive And Cannot Reinstall MS Office Pro 2007 in Office Setup to use I had Office Pro installed but that was deleted when I purchased Office Pro I do have the disks for Office Pro For the record I am an American living in Cali Columbia It s over a minute to call anywhere in the US for help I would sincerely appreciate any help or suggestions that anyone can provide NOTE Also have Norton Internet Secuirty amp Spysweeper installed Thanks in advance Robert nbsp

A:Reformatted My Hard Drive And Cannot Reinstall MS Office Pro 2007 in Office Setup

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reformatted-my-hard-drive-and-cannot-reinstall-ms-office-pro-2007-in-office-setup.680874/
Relevancy 54.61%

I am getting the following error when I try to reinstall a custom setup office XP install on a windows machine quot OFFXP Setup Detects Office XP Running When You Attempt to Install Office XP quot I had the uninstall the office xp on this machine through add remove programs because it was crashing alot The custom install works fine on all other windows and xp machines I found the following error in MS knowledgebase article I can t post the link because I m a new member It says to to hit ignore If I hit ignore it does install but it doesn t install with the correct options for the custom install I have it set to not install outlook and it installs outlook etc Obviously its not following the custom install Any ideas I believe something is left on the pc from office when it was installed I even ran the Removal Wizard on the Office XP Resource kit It is Office Install Detects You Setup When Running XP XP OFFXP: to Office Attempt supposed to remove everything left from previous versions However it must be missing something because I am still getting that error when I try to OFFXP: Setup Detects Office XP Running When You Attempt to Install Office XP reinstall Office XP that is described above ThankS nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/offxp-setup-detects-office-xp-running-when-you-attempt-to-install-office-xp.339769/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hardware Alienware x PC Updated from Windows to Windows never reverted back and never made a backup unfortunately The PC came with Windows pre-installed but I imagine after the Windows took over it probably erased Windows files Windows was incredibly buggy and wouldn't let me do certain simple tasks so I decided to clean the drive and restart the PC after many different approaches couldn't do updates or even see update loop setup to Win10 Win7 manager etc so it was my last resort Now I am trying to go through the Windows setup but every time it gets to restarting or quot wait a moment quot the process Win7 to Win10 setup loop just loops and repeats itself It has been stuck on this loop for a long time and I've tried many different approaches I have tried -Unplugging Ethernet Not connecting to WiFi and continuing the installation -Booting from a Win7 to Win10 setup loop USB that I had made into a Windows boot disk -Setting boot priorities differently -Going through the setup around times in a row -Changing the settings after language settings to turn off any extra features -Removing all devices and starting the PC up -Restarting like mad I can't think of anything else Ideally I would want to get through the Windows setup and just install from the USB afterwards but I can't even get onto the desktop to do this I also can't access safe mode or see the Alienware boot screen with the F and F for boot options I'm running out of ideas Win7 to Win10 setup loop now All I can think of is that the hard drive possibly has something wrong with it The PC is a good few years old now and couldn't handle Windows and I'm afraid that it might have rendered the PC useless Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Win7 to Win10 setup loop

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Did you ever successfully restore the machine to Windows 7?

If you selected to clean the drive, did you do this through Windows 10? This would have left the Windows 10 OS files on the drive, granted that it completed successfully.

Have you tried to create a bootable Windows 10 USB and boot to it?

Can you not connect to the Alienware BIOS at all? Do you see a splash screen of the logo?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/win7-to-win10-setup-loop-1162561.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Just quick question in regards to Windows and UEFI settings I have pretty much a good idea by now but still questions Win10 UEFI and Setup have some questions here In the UEFI settings how can I change my Internal HDD to boot first I have Windows Boot Manager set as first boot option then my internal HDD Does this still mean that even though the first boot option is shown as Windows Boot Manager will BitLocker still assume that my internal HDD boots as the first boot device I am asking this Win10 and UEFI Setup questions because I ran into some issues and read that Win10 and UEFI Setup questions one of the requirements for BitLocker is to have the first boot option set to boot from the internal Win10 and UEFI Setup questions HDD What if my HDD dies and I need to insert a new HDD on my notebook do I need to disable Secure Boot mode first or changing to a new hard drive will not have any issues with Secure Boot So in other words will Secure Boot have issues if I change any hardware like hard drives

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/53150-win10-uefi-setup-questions.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I had reserved the free upgrade to win10 some months ago. I got tired to the constant update window so I removed KB305583. Afterwards I notice that there are still a number of entries in the registry for GWX and a few file directories pertaining to GWX that I cant delete. Now when windows update tells me that I have updates and I allow them to start (nineteen win7 and office security updates) the first thing that it tries to do is install the win10 setup files which causes me to abort the update process. I have checked the 19 important updates and none of them are about win10. I do not want to install win10 at this time. How can I stop the win10 update from trying to install?

A:win7 update wants to download win10 setup files

I had the same issue and even after removing every possible gwx and related windows updates it still showed that it was gonna download windows 10 in the updater, however after giving up and just letting it run it said downloading setup files, then after about 15 seconds it said creating restore point and then it was done. It didn't actually install anything that I can tell for windows 10. After that my windows updates showed normally.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/378481-win7-update-wants-download-win10-setup-files.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Suppose I install Win10 but skip the stage that says logging into a microsoft account.

I'd like to know what that option does. Does it open the Edge browser and go to www.bing.com and log in there?

Does it log into multiple websites? If so, which? Does it log any particular programs in?

Suppose I ski that stage, then how would I manually do what that stage would do automatically?

Thanks

A:How do I manually do what win10 setup calls logging into a ms account?

Originally Posted by andyharziner

Suppose I install Win10 but skip the stage that says logging into a microsoft account.

I'd like to know what that option does. Does it open the Edge browser and go to www.bing.com and log in there?

Does it log into multiple websites? If so, which? Does it log any particular programs in?

Suppose I ski that stage, then how would I manually do what that stage would do automatically?

Thanks

Hi @andyharziner, welcome to tenforums.com!

If you add your MS Account during installation, it will merge whatever settings, personalization, etc. you have synced therein during the installation process.
If you skip that stage, you will be prompted to sign in with a local account instead.
You can switch to an MS account later in Settings/Accounts.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/41918-how-do-i-manually-do-what-win10-setup-calls-logging-into-ms-account.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Thanks

A:How do I manually do what win10 setup calls logging into a ms account?

Originally Posted by andyharziner

Thanks

Hi @andyharziner, welcome to tenforums.com!

If you add your MS Account during installation, it will merge whatever settings, personalization, etc. you have synced therein during the installation process.
If you skip that stage, you will be prompted to sign in with a local account instead.
You can switch to an MS account later in Settings/Accounts.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/41918-how-do-i-manually-do-what-win10-setup-calls-logging-into-ms-account.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Good day all I have windows Pro on a HDD that I tried migrating to a bios raid a Z170 Windows upgrade win10 7 setup on to and raid0 of x GB SSD's on a Asus Z M-Plus All went fine but when booting it states that windows could not access the required device and needs to be Windows 7 on a Z170 raid0 setup and upgrade to win10 repaired from the install disc As you folks know the Z chipset does not support win and USB devices so I can not get it recovered or even do a clean install I really want to get it working and then upgrade to will this go smoothly Does anybody have any suggestions Current Settings The SSD's are BIOS Raided to RAID SATA Controller set from Windows 7 on a Z170 raid0 setup and upgrade to win10 ACHI to RAID in the BIOS XCHI handoff is enabled in the BIOS so that you can boot from a USB device I do not even have a external CD-ROM but access to a laptop Used EASUS partiotion master to do the OS Windows 7 on a Z170 raid0 setup and upgrade to win10 migration and it saw only the RAID SSD's as one Drive and was successful Thank you in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/382fd125-af97-4056-99bb-6a9723c65951/windows-7-on-a-z170-raid0-setup-and-upgrade-to-win10?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 52.03%

Woke up this morning to find the PC was updating a process that took minutes I assume this is what's called the Anniversary update Since over the past few days Windows mail finally stopped working I finally signed up with the Win mail app Entering the PW it said something about the PC but I didn't quite understand it That was on Mail App PW Win10 PC Put dumb because there's now a PW on the PC itself and I don't want Win10 Mail App Put PW on PC one In account settings I told it to never ask me for a PW when I come back from being away but that setting does Win10 Mail App Put PW on PC nothing Any ideas how I can get rid of that PW on the PC Thanks if the suggestion is to jump through the on-line MS security hoops AHHHHH I tried getting on line to see if I could make any changes but MS's security check system seems to be broken years ago I had MSN internet with a number of accounts I picked the C user account to be the backup should something happen to the E user The C email account shows up to send a security code to but after tries no mail is sent there because it no longer seems to be associated with the E user which once was the admin for all the MSN users I can't reset the security info because I only have one phone and it says that number is already in the system and on and on it goes but my main question is how do I remove the PW from the PC itself

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/64601-win10-mail-app-put-pw-pc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Click here for the Computerworld article Please opine If this is true it's the death knell for Win because most people don't want Office But then Computerworld is known for writing clickbait Opine please I have no opinion or else a contrary one because of the thurott article click Win10 Can't Office Office 365? use except for here LOOK AT THE ARTICLE COMMENTS too Why those comments Look at this quote in the article I bolded the key clause There are a few changes to the apps coming up that are part of helping them get ready for their release with Windows Aul wrote We will also remove 'Preview' from the app names and in about one week you will need an Office subscription to edit on Windows PCs and larger tablets That goes against the above 'click here' Mr Aul wrote showing MS Office installed in Win At issue can we install prior MS Office on Win and use it or are we required to buy Office now Hence the angered comments in the Computerworld article Compare with this new Ed Bott article in ZDnet Ed is known for Can't use Win10 Office except for Office 365? being an MSFT fanboy My beefs with MS are limited to the restrictions on the interface 'sharing' and the too-many-arcane-hidden settings Just to be clear this is not an anti-MS post but a wtf on the Computerworld Can't use Win10 Office except for Office 365? article for Mr Aul's statement is alarming Seeking input if you are Can't use Win10 Office except for Office 365? willing Thank you

A:Can't use Win10 Office except for Office 365?

Well, I consider myself somewhat knowledgeable regarding PCs, and I found the article a bit confusing--I have a feeling my clients are going to be totally baffled.

I suspect this will add fuel to the "keep what's working now and don't get any of the new stuff" argument.  Most folks I know don't want a monthy subscription fee for this sort of thing.  Netflix, sure, but Excel, no.  (In my opinion, Office 2013 is a really bad product, and in my paranoid view, it was made so precisely to drive people to 365 in frustration.  It isn't working that well, though.)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/583021/cant-use-win10-office-except-for-office-365/
Relevancy 51.6%

Trying to setup Mail app, and it won't let me past the "Add account" screen ... I added a hotmail account, it indicated that was successful. I added a Yahoo mail account, again indicated success ... but it keeps returning to the "Add account" screen, and the "Ready to go" button is greyed out / non-clickable.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get past this?

A:Win10 Mail app hanging?

Two things you can try
One run a Command Prompt Admin SFC /Scannow
Link in my Signature
Also an in-place Upgrade
Again link in my Signature

Let us know how you get on

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/53819-win10-mail-app-hanging.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am having some issues setting up my Charter.net email in Win10..I use it as my Microsoft sign in account so it doesn't give me an option to delete it or even an option to go to advanced settings. If I create a new account it gives me the option to go to advanced settings but I can't find the incoming and outgoing settings for Win10 anywhere I tried using the Win8 settings but they do not work. Has anyone successfully set up a charter.net email account in the Win10 email app? Any help would be great.

JC

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/charter-mail-in-win10.1161777/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am trying to get email from my Cloud server but can not find any way of doing it in the mail app.

Urgent advice needed

Thanks

A:Email in Win10 Tablet

have a look here and hope it helps

Windows 10's Built-In Mail App: Everything You Need to Know | PCMag.com

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/64094-email-win10-tablet.html
Relevancy 51.6%

This documents a problem not posted but solved by a friend. I'm posting it because when he called MS for help the solution was the first thing the tech suggested and I could find no reference to it on this site or anywhere else; therefore, it must occur often and should probably be documented.

After installing Office 16, the new WinWord and Excel kept terminating with the useless "Windows explorer stopped working." and "We'll notify you when (that means "if") a solution is found". It continued getting worse until the computer started crashing.

When he called MS and described the problem, the first thing the tech asked was, "Do you have ABBYY installed?" The answer: "Yes". When he removed the program the computer and Office 16 worked fine. ABBYY is an OCR program. For him, it was installed by an Epson scanner.

A:ABBYY crashes Office 16, Winword and Excel on Win10

Wow, thanks for the post. My Win 10 Office 365 2016 was working just fine a week ago. I just recently installed ABBYY and it's been crashing ever since. Glad I came across this! I'm going to uninstall ABBYY and see what happens. The version of ABBYY that I used was also from an Epson printer. Thanks for the tip!

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/33485-abbyy-crashes-office-16-winword-excel-win10.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I was having problems with one of my accounts in Mail, so did what I have done before - deleted and re-installed. Except that Mail says that account already exists and will not allow me to install it.I have looked through all the postings in MS forums related to this topic and found some good comments and suggestions. I tried the Powershell scripts to uninstall Mail, which worked (after a very long time), then re-installed Mail. It immediately recognised my Gmail account, which surprised me, as I expected to have to re-enter each of my accounts. When I added my other account, it came back with the very same message "Account already exists".
Suggestions?

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/66235-get-account-already-exists-win10-mail-app.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ever since I took advantage of the free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 (about 4 weeks ago) we have had problems RECEIVING e-mail into MS Outlook (2016 version). We can see our new e-mails by going to web mail - but it takes hours (sometimes days) for them to reach our Outlook.
Is it true that MS simply hasn't engineered a fix for this - and that we have to wait for them to do that? Does anyone know how long that will be?
StanC

Relevancy 51.17%

In 2012 I purchased (by email) and received a letter from M/Office to download Microsoft Office 2010.I am now trying to download (as I am entitled to) a copy for my new notebook (Windows 10) assuming it will accept the program.I am having difficulty in completing a download.   I now cannot contact the people in question (I can attach a copy of the email if wanted)I cannot ring the US as I am in Australia and would prefer to email anyway.Judy

A:Email address required for M/Office re Office 2010

Surely someone in the US knows the address of Microsoft (email address that is) - as I cannot ring from Australia.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,154896.0.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using Office 2003 on an XP pro system. I merge my word document with an existing Access database to send out emails thru Office Outlook. Outlook shuts down, as in stops sending emails at random intervals. Sometimes restating Outlook will get it going but most times it comes down to removing all merged emails and re-doing the merge to get it going again. Sending in groups of 100 to 9000 at a time. The merge goes well, it is the Oulook. Help please.

Printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/email-merge-from-office-access-to-office-outlook.347881/
Relevancy 50.74%

Can someone please tell me how to set up new accounts in Windows Live Mail 2012 and the Windows 8.1 mail app.

I need this info as I am changing my ISP. I am moving and am with Virgin Media but they are not cabled up where I am going and I will be going with Plusnet.

All help much appreciated.

A:Windows Live Mail & Mail App setup

What is the last part of your email address
just the bit after the @

if its virgin - then you will have a problem as virgin will close your email after 90days or earlier

if its not virgin and is currently working - then it should work with plusnet (who are part of BT)

so without the email service you are using its difficult to help set it up

please supply details

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-live-mail-mail-app-setup.1151795/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,
I have just swapped over to the built in win 10 email program. Cannot find a way to block unwanted emails. Looked in settings but found nothing obvious, can right click and move to Junk, but this does not block it. Advice appreciated
Thanks
Bob

A:Built in Win10 mail client - Blocking

Need to do filtering from within the mail programs that the app is monitoring.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/58481-built-win10-mail-client-blocking.html
Relevancy 50.31%

whenever i open ms office outlook 2007 and try to download received emails, an error message will pop up saying path to naCmnLib71.dll is not found and outlook has to close
after some searching on the internet it seems this file is used by mcafee virusscan to scan incoming emails
after disabling the email scanner everything worked fine
so i can conclude that the email scanner is indeed the problem
i also updated mcafee virusscan to the lastest version but it does not seem to solve the problem
is there anyone with the same problem and has solved the problem?
can you provide me with the solution?
thank you

A:Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 error when McAfee VirusScan performs e-mail scanner during downloading of incoming e-mail

Well, if something is making the email scan not work, to be honest I personally would do a AV and AS scan, and maybe even a boot scan... Just to make sure there is nothing else causing the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/217920/microsoft-office-outlook-2007-error-when-mcafee-virusscan-performs-e-mail-scanner-during-downloading-of-incoming-e-mail/
Relevancy 50.31%

I?m consulting for a six user network, they run win2000 Small business server. All Pop3 mail from the outside works fine yet the internal mail from office to office do not work; also all work stations can send mail to the outside. It?s odd; mail can come in and go out with no problem, just not from one office to another This is all on the same LAN any ideas?

Thanks and have a great day.

A:internal mail from office to office do not work

are you running an exchange server ?.At work my email can either be one of the followinghelpdesk-AT-sahara.co.za or for internal use however it gets handled by the domain rudivz-AT-sahrajhb.saharajhblan.co.za.our email server works with both though. have you tried setting up a domain email add?Mod Edit:: e-mail address' have been modified for members benefit.Tip: Substitute @ with -AT- to avoid spambots.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/10816/internal-mail-from-office-to-office-do-not-work/
Relevancy 50.31%

I?m a consultant for a six user network, they run win2000 Small business server. All Pop3 mail from the outside works fine yet the internal mail from office to office do not work, any ideas? Thanks and have a great day.

A:internal mail from office to office do not work

Also all work stations can send mail to the outside. It?s odd, mail can come in from the outside and each user can send mail to the outside, gust not to other offices?.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/10805/internal-mail-from-office-to-office-do-not-work/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello,

I work for an investment company and by law ALL emails sent and received, must be read and initialed by me daily. Currently I am having to get all the emails from each individual in the office. Thank goodness its a small office of 4 or this might take much longer than it currently does. Is there any way that I could set something up so that all emails incoming and outgoing, from all individuals in the office, could be sent to my account? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

A:receiving both sent and received email from the office on one email account

You could have email rules set up on each account that auto forwards a copy of both incoming and outgoing to your account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/receiving-both-sent-and-received-email-from-the-office-on-one-email-account.526784/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all Here we go again - Win Nooby Q's - Now not sure if I'm wording Live Windows on Mail Installing Win10 Laptop this correctly my Desktop has Win OS and my Laptop Win - - Win I do like Win I'm on a leaning curve The one thing I do like about Win is Windows Live Mail and uses PoP Client if that is that the correct term which enables me Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop to read my Sky Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop SkyYahoo emails in Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop the format I'm used to So my question is can I setup this PoP thingy my on Win Laptop without too much agro I purchased me HP Win Laptop from PC World and have had good backup initially I was hesitant cos of Win what with the problems associated with it - perceived or otherwise - my son is a bit of a computer geek and he seemed to agree So what persuaded me was I liked the Laptop off - good graphics for my model aircraft simulators and also a challenge to get me head around a new operating system that hopefully will come good in the end Kinda getting used to the layout now - BUT - do not like the email format so would someone please help with the changeover to Windows Live Mail - wudentyer think Microsoft could would make things a One Button push Plug and Play changeover Joe

A:Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop

Yes you can install - Windows Live mail in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/essentials

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39686-installing-windows-live-mail-win10-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Just thought I'd post a note incase others are having issues with the mail App M has quietly changed the Mail App's Server for my old Hotmail Account and the Mail App is no longer connecting to that Hotmail Mail Change Syncing Outlook Server Win10 after App not account to Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change sync has not for days but I hadn't Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change noticed as I am using Win10 Mail App not Syncing after Outlook Server Change WLM and accessing it via IMAP instead usually The Server has been switched to eas outlook com from bayXXX-m hotmail com and won't let me change it back but so far I have not tried to remove the Account and re-add it as I was hoping it was just a problem on the Server end and M would sort it out in a day or two but so far that has not happened I am guessing all the Email is still accessible on Outlook com too but personally I don't like WebMail and so far WLM and IMAP isn't an issue My other Hotmail Account on the Bay Hotmail Servers is still fine BTW KB

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/61904-win10-mail-app-not-syncing-after-outlook-server-change.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello all Here we go again - Win Nooby Q's - Now not sure if I'm wording this correctly my Desktop has Win OS and my Laptop Installing Laptop Mail Live Win10 on Windows Win - - Win I Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop do like Win I'm on a leaning curve The one thing I do like about Win is Windows Live Mail and uses PoP Client if that Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop is that the correct term which enables me to read my Sky SkyYahoo emails in the format I'm used to So my question is can I setup this PoP thingy my on Win Laptop without too much agro I purchased me HP Win Laptop from PC World and have had good backup initially I was hesitant cos of Win what with the problems associated with it - perceived or otherwise - my son is a bit of a computer geek and he seemed to agree So what persuaded me was I liked the Laptop off - good graphics for my model aircraft simulators and also a challenge to get me head around a new operating system that hopefully will come good in the end Kinda getting used to the layout now - BUT - do not like the email format so would someone please help with the changeover to Windows Live Mail - wudentyer think Microsoft could would make things a One Button push Plug and Play changeover Joe

A:Installing Windows Live Mail on Win10 Laptop

Yes you can install - Windows Live mail in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/essentials

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/39686-installing-windows-live-mail-win10-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Outlook is annoying me with the unread icon, even though I have already read everything. I have already deleted the email it has said that I have not read, and I have undeleted it. I then deleted everything, and it is still there. Then I unpinned it from the start screen. I have also restarted my phone multiple times. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:Outlook App for Win10 mobile icon saying I have an unread email, when I don't

Originally Posted by awesome777 Outlook is annoying me with the unread icon, even though I have already read everything. I have already deleted the email it has said that I have not read, and I have undeleted it. I then deleted everything, and it is still there. Then I unpinned it from the start screen. I have also restarted my phone multiple times. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. Check updates in Store, there should be a new Outlook update

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435989-outlook-app-win10-mobile-icon-saying-i-have-unread-email-when-i-dont.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have received about Mail System errors System I haven't Email Mail To Sent Multiple to Error Mail Addresses in my email account all stating mail is undeliverable to addresses I have no sent any mail too Most of the addresses end in com au I have no idea why this is happening A copy of my HiJack this Multiple Mail System Error to Email Addresses I haven't Sent Mail To log is attached Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Multiple Mail System Error to Email Addresses I haven't Sent Mail To Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui Multiple Mail System Error to Email Addresses I haven't Sent Mail To exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp clipbook exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf cnnb R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser coIEPlg dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT IDS IPSBHO dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar ... Read more

A:Multiple Mail System Error to Email Addresses I haven't Sent Mail To

There's not much you can do about Spam except to try to block it in your filters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-mail-system-error-to-email-addresses-i-havent-sent-mail-to.839283/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I mail mail client email Verizon (Lotus servers to Notes) Send/Receive from am trying to get Lotus Notes social edition to connect to my Verizon ISP Send/Receive mail from email client (Lotus Notes) to Verizon mail servers mail servers pop verizon net and smtp verizon net The replication tab gives an error message quot SSL IO error Remote session no longer responding Failed with pop server pop verizon net quot I did a trace using preferences- gt Notes ports and it tells me there is no path to the server I configured my Windows firewall to allow notes to access the internet I still can't quot see quot the mail servers a Windows command line quot ping quot times out for either server I have the correct nbsp server names and ports in the quot accounts quot entries in Lotus Notes checked several times These servers require SSL access Is there something nbsp in the networking part of Windows that I need to set up An SSL certificate of some kind Do I need to set up and use a VPN nbsp nbsp What am I missing Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/15fe4d4f-eacc-48bc-bfc1-853cc047f9ad/sendreceive-mail-from-email-client-lotus-notes-to-verizon-mail-servers?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 49.45%

but when I check for the new email there is no email to be found. If I click the envelope it takes me to the first email in my actual inbox and not in one of my sub-inbox folders. It has been doing this for awhile but lately it has been beyond ridiculous. I normally leave my email minimized in my task bar and maximize it when I get an email. Is this is known issue?

A:Windows mail email notification, small envelope in taskbar and new email chime

The first thing that I would do is to get the most up to date version. Windows Live Mail 2011 and see if that works any better.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/293239-windows-mail-email-notification-small-envelope-taskbar-new-email-chime.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I didn't notice this before today. I'm running the 64 bit version of Windows 10 Pro, fully up to date, as well as the latest version of Windows Live Mail. I have a bunch of storage folders that I've created for email, so my actual inboxes are pretty much always empty as any mail I want to keep gets put into a storage folder.

When I do a search inside the program, all it's searching are the email subjects, not the actual contents of the messages.

Any idea how to fix this? I know this was an issue in the 64 bit version of Windows 7, as seen here.....

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/969165

.....but I'd have thought this would have been fixed by now! Is that fix still valid for Windows 10, or is there another solution? I really don't want to have to switch to another email client if I can help it.

Thanks!

A:Windows Live Mail only searching email subjects, not email contents

I have been having the same trouble, which was just noticed...
Windows Live Mail does not search "contents" of messages anymore... just searches names and message subject line.
Hope to find an answer as I hate to switch to another mail client, but I absolutly need the search functionality.

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/32274-windows-live-mail-only-searching-email-subjects-not-email-contents.html
Relevancy 49.45%

... so I've installed Win10... now when I have an pdf or Word file (etc) attached to a Google email and then "download" the file... I see it but seem unable to save it where I want to. I used to be able to navigate (browse) to a sub-directory somewhere of my choosing on my local hard drive & save the file there. Now, it seems like I must end run this by opening 2 instances of File Explorer & move my file from Microsoft's \download directory on my local hard drive to where I want it & that's less elegant than the way it used to be. Should I be doing something different to achieve what I want to do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win10-browse-for-file-saving-google-email-attachments.1163223/
Relevancy 49.02%

Oh dear! I created a mail merge in Word 2013 and chose the Edit Individual Documents option under Finish and Merge. I edited each and every email to personalize them. There was no option to email directly from that document, so I went back to the original email and sent them all. To my dismay, every person received an email including a [ ] in the space where I had entered their personalized information! Totally embarrassed. How can I email the edited documents??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-email-mail-merge-in-word-2013-and-editing-each-email.1117313/
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an email I get on a regular basis that I can see who it's from and the subject line but the body of the email is blank. I have problems with it in WLM but I can view it just fine in web mail and from my iPhone. Not sure if it's an issue on the end of the person who's sending it or an issue with WLM but since I can view it completely in web mail and on my iPhone I would think it's something with WLM. Thanks for any help anyone can give.

A:Body of email not showing in one particular email in Windows Live Mail

Hi, I finally was able to talk with someone from the place that was sending the email in question I was having issues with. They found out their emails are not compatible with WLM but are working on a resolution. I'm not sure what kind of email service they're using but it's not like WLM is some obscure mail client. Anyway, I'm marking this as solved even though I've received a few emails from them since and still having the issue of nothing in the body of the message. Now that they've figured out what the issue is I hope they fix it soon.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/362899-body-email-not-showing-one-particular-email-windows-live-mail.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Newbie, i know

right, im trying to install Office Xp on Windows XP.
it gets so far then it tells me Error 1305, Cannot copy file MSWDS_EN.LEX or something like that.

Went to the Microsoft Knowledge base,
it basically told me It was a CD-Rom problem... something to to with cache...???
i have tried the cd in both my CD drives with the same result..

Its a copied version of Office.

any ideas

Relevancy 47.73%

Newbie, i know

right, im trying to install Office Xp on Windows XP.
it gets so far then it tells me Error 1305, Cannot copy file MSWDS_EN.LEX or something like that.

Went to the Microsoft Knowledge base,
it basically told me It was a CD-Rom problem... something to to with cache...???
i have tried the cd in both my CD drives with the same result..

Its a copied version of Office.

any ideas

A:Office XP Setup

You should purchase a legitimate copy.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-xp-setup.158396/
Relevancy 47.73%

I am having an issue installing fax service for an office. Fax was already working with an old fax machine and two old gateways running brvp phone tools software. I just upgraded to two brand new dell xps410 and pulled the modems from the old machines. The modems were found, installed and working properly. I installed windows fax console from control panel, added the fax in the printer wizard and set the fax to send and receive. I am sometimes able to send faxes but can not receive fax or save to folder. Also when I send a fax, a copy of the document gets sent to the actual fax machine. When I disconnect the actual fax machine and get the computer fax to answer the call, I get a fatal error as soon as the transmission starts.
Would some help me on this, an fix ideas or some free software i can download?

Thank you

Slow

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-fax-setup.604587/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been looking at purchasing office 2013. I noticed a lot of people that have both 32bit and 64bit on the same disk. Now is there anyway to seperate the two editions? Thank you.john

A:office 2013 x64/x32 setup dvd

RBCC

I believe they come in 2 separate DVDs inside the box

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/291826-office-2013-x64-x32-setup-dvd.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am trying to setup a small office network 2 maybe 3 computers. The computers are running Win XP Pro. I have DSL for internet access. The computers all connect to the internet via a router. How can I setup a network and have file sharing safely?

What I did so far:
Ran the setup wizard on 2 computers and created the workgroup. Selected no file sharing becasue I got a message saying it was not safe and anyone online can access my files. When I try accessing the workgroup on the 2 computers, I get a message saying I am not allowed.

I have McAfee firewall installed.

Any ideas on how I can do this?

Thank you.

A:Setup Office Network

Well, you can't have file sharing if you're not willing to share your files!

It's true that any folders you share will be available to any other computers on YOUR network. Unless you deliberately configure it differently, the router's firewall will protect your computers from the rest of the world.

If you can prevent others from plugging an ethernet cable into your router, and if you do not have wireless, or have your wireless protected with a strong WPA passphrase, you are pretty safe from an outsider gaining access to your network.

Furthermore, you can configure the McAfee firewall to allow access from a very small range of IP addresses. And if you don't use Simple File Sharing, XP Pro gives you all kinds of ways to specify exactly who can get what kind of access to what files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/setup-office-network.442637/
Relevancy 47.3%

When starting a new install of a tax program on Win 2000 and Win XP workstations the splash screen displays with a message box partially hidden behind it. The hidden message shows on the task bar as "MS Office SR1 Setup, Disk 1".
Can not get the hidden window to come to the foreground.
If I end task then both programs terminate.
I have about ten customers who have encountered this.
They install the new app when logged in as administrator or user with admin privileges.

One user has found a work around of logging on as administrator or changing shortcut to start program as Administrator.

Has any one else experienced this or have a solution

tia,
Roger

Relevancy 47.3%

I downloaded MS office 365 x64 bit.
My comp is x64, but the current office i have is x32.
here is my problem..,

i want to keep the old one as well. But i cant install the new one due to this problem.
please help.

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/56210-setup-error-office-365-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have three different laptops trying to access a server via a new Linksysy 802.11g wireless router. I set up a WPA encryption key.

Computer #1, a Sony VAIO with internal wi-fi, had no problems connecting through the new router to the server.
Computer #2, a Compaq utilizing a Linksys wireless card, doesn't see the server or identify the router. I think this needs a new driver so I'll download that tomorrow.
Computer #3, a Dell laptop with internal wi-fi, automatically recognized the wireless network but doesn't ever ask for the WPA key so it has never connected. For this computer, how do you make it ask for the encryption key? I feel like if I could just get it to do that it would work fine. Help?

Thanks.

A:small office setup

What Operating System and service pack leve are you on for each computer?

If you don't have an option for WPA in your Wireless network configuration you may need a new driver. If you are on Windows XP you need to be on SP1a with the WPA update or SP2.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/small-office-setup.444281/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have been trying to install microsoft office for windows XP

Error 25003. Microsoft office setup cannot continue because the installation source has been corrupted. PLZ HELP I NEED WORD FOR A GCSE ASSIGNMENT

A:XP OFFICE SETUP PROBLEM

Try installing it in safe mode. If that does not work, make a directory on your c:\ drive called office.src and copy the entire cd into that directory. Then install from that directory instead of the cd

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/9684/xp-office-setup-problem/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

I work in a small office where we have one PC desktop (windows7 Pro), one Mac, and one PC (windows7 Home Prem.). I would like to use the PC desktop as a server for sharing files with the Mac and Laptop. I have a lynksys router already setup for internet use and the PC desktop has a 1terabyte external hardrive (seagate) that stores all files via usb port. I think I have all that I need, but would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

A:Small Office Setup

Using a NAS (Network Attached Storage) is better, but since you already have the external hard drive that will be OK if it meets your needs. Remember to backup frequently, as external hard drives also fail.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/small-office-setup.1094491/
Relevancy 47.3%

Just got a new HP Probook 4720s with XP installed. When I try to install my Office 07 it accepts my Product Code but then gives me a setup error. What could be causing the problem? I can't get past that and I have a purchased 07 copy.
Any ideas?

Relevancy 47.3%

Afternoon All I currently look after a small network as a favor to an office They have work stations within the building office setup network that use to run off daisy chained hubs I have since replaced this for a port switch and installed a small workstation for a server They now want to connect a office network setup workstation which is on a different site I have trialed a VPN connection to a workstation running windows pro all worked fine My question is what kind of security should i be putting in place the only thing that protects their network at present is a wireless router modem that has a basic firewall which i am sure won t be good enough giving that i am about to start VPN ing in I m looking at a firebox product but I m not to clued up on hardware firewalls Does a watchgaurd firebox sit between the internet modem and the switch or am I mistaken If someone could explain the topology and put me right that would be great Sam nbsp

A:office network setup

There is really no way to secure the network with just a peer to peer like you are running unless you set up accounts for every workstation the remote client needs access to. If you are referring to security from the internet your current router is only showing the WAN IP address to the world so they have no idea what is behind the router. A firewall like the Watchguard does sit between your LAN and the Internet and will give you an added layer of protection.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-network-setup.1026830/
Relevancy 47.3%

The error is: "1904 Cannot register module.....MSADOR15.dll"

I've already been to the MS site and it is asking me to download the latest MDAC (2.71) which I cannot.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks All

A:Office XP Setup Error

Can you supply the entire error message?

Also are you able to complete the installation of office even though you have this message.

If you can install it there is a way to manually register the file but I will need to see the entire message first.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-xp-setup-error.151781/
Relevancy 47.3%

This app has been very buggy lately esp on this Vista OS. Just did another repair disc on Vista for an installer problem, and decided previously to uninstall Office XP Pro.

After the Vista repair, my attempts through the Office CD to install have returned an erro 1321: Setup cannot modify the file
C:\Program Files\CommonFiles\MicrosoftShared\SmartTag\MSTAG.TLB. Verify the file exists and you have permission to upgrade.

I did locate the file where it was indicated, but not sure about an upgrade.

If I am stuck here, I do have an older Office 2000 CD, but is this compatible for Vista and Win 7.

Or maybe I should purchase at Ebay Office 2003, I'm not too keen on the ribbon for 2007 and later applications

Any advice is welcome.

Cheers!

Relevancy 47.3%

I want to setup a security system in an office.
Where do I start!?

I need:

- camera
- motion detection and recording software
- internet connection

Ideally, I would like to login via the internet (SECURELY!) and check everything is OK.

I also want motion detection software: so that when the security is set, it starts recording and send pictures to an email address immediately.

(Also, it's important that the camera can record in teh dark as bets as possible.)

Where do I start?

I'd like to do this DIY: as I'm intrigued to learn more about how it's all done!

Thanks.
OM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-i-need-to-setup-security-in-an-office.744447/
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm helping a Doctor set up a new office and need an IT expert can you suggest anyone if so please e mail me at

Mod edit: Removed email address.

A:Need IT to setup Dr. office northern IL.

I suggest that you remove your email address to avoid spam. As the thread starter you should automatically receive email notification of any posts.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-it-to-setup-dr-office-northern-il.942643/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, forum i have this problem: Ever since i installed the MS Office (few month ago), it won't let me open Word documents. (Some installer appears with storno button only. When i click storno, it lags. Then i have to kill it using task manager and when i try to open the document next time, it asks me if i want to open Word in safe mode, and in safe mode it works.)

So, i had just enough of this procedure and wanted to reinstall the office, but everytime i run the SETUP.EXE from the office DVD, it falls ("instance has stopped working - close program")

Does anyone know how to fix this?

PS: Recently, the office icons disappeared from the .ppt etc. files (it shows just some broken icon, but the office programs are still associated with it)
PS2: I had the same problem in Windows Vista.

A:MS Office setup.exe not responding

Now i noticed that also .pdf icon is missing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/79833-ms-office-setup-exe-not-responding.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm so happy today coz my company have new office setup! And, I'm glad that this time we chose a great company which is Fuji Xerox. Great and Right! I'm sure this must benifit my work.LOL

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157677.0.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i got sever 2003 and i need to set up a network. i got win pro on 5 computers and i want to set up my sever so that i can change passwords on the sever and suspend the accounts from the sevfer can some one hlep me with that please email me @@@@@

[email protected]

A:office network - server setup

do you know how do set up Remote Desktop Connection please email me

@@@@@@@@

[email protected]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-network-server-setup.413891/
Relevancy 46.44%

Thanks guys hope you can help me sort out which way to proceed. I have network accessible equipment in 2 rooms. My main concern is network performance is not impeded for PC 1 and the phone will be able to drop back to a normal phone line if the internet goes down. Question being which room to place the switch vs the modem/router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/home-office-network-setup.984892/
Relevancy 46.44%

Have been running office small business edition and wanted to update to Downloaded trial version of Office but it crashed before Office Professional Cannot Setup 2007 it finished setting Cannot Setup Office 2007 Professional up So I bought the Cannot Setup Office 2007 Professional Office Professional CD's but it crashes upon setup Can you help Here is text from error log PERF TickCount Name Job DoCacheWork Description Begin function OSE is detected as a registered service Service binary is reported at location C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE OSE service binary is detected at location C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Source Engine OSE EXE Cannot start local OSE service Error code x d Error Unable to select Source Engine process to start see debug level logs for detail Type UnexpectedError Error Unable to select Source Engine process to start see debug level logs for detail Type UnexpectedError Error Unable to select Source Engine process to start see debug level logs for detail Type UnexpectedError Catalyst execution finished Return code Exception caught UnexpectedError PERF TickCount Name RunSetup Description End function Thanks ArchiPhil

A:Cannot Setup Office 2007 Professional

Couple of questions to ask
1. Are you installing as Administrator or an account that has admin rights?
2. Have you uninstalled Office 2003 or are you just doing an upgrade?
3. Do you have antivirus installed (yeah dumb question I guess) If so, have you disabled it before attempting to install?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cannot-setup-office-2007-professional-411622.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Microsoft Office 97 Setup
Htmlmarq.ocx was unable to register itself in the system registry.

I'm receiving the above error while installing MS Office 97 on my system and ultimately the message that Ms Office 97 did not install successfully.

I'm unable to use it.

Please help me to install it and also help me to sort out the error that why this "unable to register" occurs while installing some other softwares also and how to resolve it?

A:Microsoft Office 97 Setup Error!

You may want to look at Microsofts KB to see if O97 is supported by XP Home Ed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-office-97-setup-error.293871/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey there st post here hello to everyone A bit about myself Up until yrs ago I have been working many contracted roles as IT support guy in mostly larger enterprise level companies The past yrs I have been self-employed taking on mostly large scale Vista Enterprise Office roll-outs as part of the Planning Implementation Deployment team s I am now between contracts and have a new opportunity I have been contracted to help maintain an setup support office IT Small existing small office network for Small office IT support setup a friend I have been there once for about minutes don t really have any info gathered about the setup there except for what was verbalized to me from one of the office girls I was told she has somewhat of an Small office IT support setup understanding of the setup there MS Business Server or client machines a couple laptops and and a couple desktops Mixed client machines XP amp Windows networked laser printer amp networked scanner Security Not sure of the security or firewall setup as of yet I am going in there this morning to do some information gathering Their needs up to this point Remote access for the CFO we have a laptop that the previous CFO used to remote into that can be used Remote access for myself on my mac Give Braeden access to the network amp ability to scan Darlene s issues slow cannot scan cannot d l pics from camera allow access to simply Look at why space on the Y drive is running out Ensure Simply is on the server running efficiently getting backed up All pretty straight forward once I get some setup information I guess I guess to start off can anyone here help me out with somewhat of a checklist of information that I need to gather in order to perform these tasks as well as to properly understand and visualize their office setup I just don t want to be going back and forth to often without applying solutions for them Any and all help would be greatly appreciated I m not asking for someone to do my job here It s my st time ever playing the only support guy role and also walking into an office not knowing anything about it I guess I m just not sure of the ideal place to start Cheers R nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I am working in a small office I am running on a T am cancelling it and setting up DSL I only have computers and will not need anymore than I would like to setup a network in teh - network office server setup office via a server I have a server right now that is setup but it is only hooked into computers Unfortunately I do not have the password for ther office network - server setup server I spoke with a couple of people and one suggestion was to completely rebuild reformat the server I do not have the original CD Another suggestion is to buy a new server I do not have an objection to that if it is the nest solution The final objective is to eliminate T hookup DSL and network the entire office through the server All the wiring is already setup and running through a router Any suggestion If I get a new server what do I need Do all the computers need to be running the same OS Can I hookup the printers to the server as well so anyone from any computer can access them I know it is a lot but I always receive great input form teh members on this site I wanted to get your insight before I hired some guy to do the job Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone a setup networking for help! small office Hopefully here I can get some advice on what to do My friend has a law help! networking setup for a small office firm in a very small office At any given time there are not more than employees using computers The office has computers in total I believe and a server computer The server is VERY old and is running some old version of windows server edition The office is not using a domain The computer do not need to access each other only the server where all the files for cases are stored I am thinking I can simply replace the server computer with a new one and use a regular version of windows and a simple workgroup for this office Would this be ok If I were to do this would windows XP pro be sufficient for the server or windows The client computers will all be using either XP pro or windows I ve also read about the possibility of a linux server This is fine with me as long as it help! networking setup for a small office is very easy to set up and all the windows computer will be able to access it without a problem The server is used for nothing but storage of case files which must be accessible by all computers It is not used for printing or anything else Although computer don t need to share files with other computers they should be able to print from printers attached to other printers There is also a BizHub and it would be nice to be able to scan documents from that directly to computers around the office I want to avoid setting up windows server edition because it is very costly If XP Pro or would be fine as a server that s fine If Linux would be significantly better that s fine too as long as its not too difficult to setup Lastly although slightly off topic would one recommend buying the server computer directly from a company or building it which I have no problem doing In this case I think a SATA k rpm hard drive would suffice Appreciate any advice Thank you again nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I'd like to know what files in Word, Excel, and Firefox can be backed up so that I can copy them onto the new computer. I really dislike having to redo all of the settings. It's very time consuming and I get frustrated as I never remember how I set things up.

THanks in adavnce for your help.

Relevancy 46.44%

I have tried to set up Office 2003 but it hasn't made the email my default and it hasn't imported my data from outlook express. Also, I keep getting messages saying macros' are disabled. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it but it still doesn't prompt me to make the above changes. In short - it seems to be in a mess!! Can anyone help me put it right - I am not a computer expert as you may have guessed! thanks

A:Office 2003 setup problems

...email my default
Tools-Internet Options, Programs tab. That's where you set your default email program, believe it or not.

...import from OE
Sorry. I dunno.

...macros are disabled
What program is saying that?

Stop uninstalling/reinstalling now. We'll get you there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-setup-problems.230022/
Relevancy 46.44%

I'm running out of space on my harddrive (only 1.3 GB left) and the Office Setup Files show to take up a LOT of space when I pull up my disk cleaner. What happens if I delete those setup files? Will my Office suite quit running?

I think deleting the setup files will allow enough space for my defragger to run also--which I'm hoping will speed up my super slow computer...I'd put more space on there, but I'm not sure how to re-allocate space from my Mac Partition to that one, so if someone knows how to do that, that would be pretty cool too.

Thanks!!

P.S. Can someone tell me exactly how much space Windows itself takes up?? And the Office Professional Edition suite?

A:Can I delete the Office Setup Files?

A bit handy if you leave it there but I believe it is safe deleting them.
Only when you need to install optional components of MS Office later on, you will be prompted for the disks. If you have the MS Office disks , then you should face no problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-delete-the-office-setup-files.695551/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi , I would like to remote my office pc from home, i have a soft but its says i can use it in same network for that i have to network betweet my home laptop and office pc, ive wndows vista in my laptop and windows xp in office pc, could you help me to do networking betweet 2 pc in different network n different ip plz

thanking you
russell

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi;

I have been attempting to install Microsoft Office XP w/Frontpage on windows 98 OS. My previous version of office is Office Standard 2000. When I attempt to run the setup program, the following error occurs.

Error 25506. Microsoft Office requiresupdated system files not detected on your computer.You must install the system files update prior to installing Office.

C:\windows\system\ASYCFILT.dll is version 2.40.4275.1 when we require 2.40.4277.1

I have installed system files update from the disk (assuming this is what they refer to) and the same error occurs. Am I doing something wrong? Where can I find this file version or solve this problem?

Thanks for anyone who can provide any help.

A:Office XP w/ Frontpage setup issue

Have you followed this process?
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;301064

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-xp-w-frontpage-setup-issue.326514/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi All Recently I have been appointed by my boss to set up a server and networking in my office Here s the scenario for which I need your help This is going to be long term project for me since we are on a limited funding I already have computers dual core desktops and core i with win and I need to setup a server for mainly Store lots of office files videos Share internet will also be installing a VSAT and will NOT we be hosting our website on this server Share printing Run a Human Resource Management database on the server So what type of server setup do I need to do all these I was thinking of linux OS since I use it but then would hamper the other staff s performance Since ou r ofice desktops already Setup Help Small Office Server have an operating system I think it would be cost effective amp secure to go for a linux server right I was thinking I d go with a ubuntu server edition LTS Our country s e-governance policy also encourages the use of Open Source Software I have experience Small Office Server Setup Help in networking few desktops but never actually worked with a server but I m always enthusiastic about learning Plus I have learned all I Small Office Server Setup Help know bout computers by trying and no formal training All your help and tips would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

I get the following erroe when setting up Office 2010

Error 1013. Setup cannot acess the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\EQUATION. Verify that the folder exists in your system and that you have sufficient permissions to update it.

When I open the EQUATION folder I can't change the security.

Thanks for any and all help.

A:Error during Office 2010 setup

Welcome
Any problem with permissions can usually be handled with the hidden administrator.
Administrator Account

http://www.vistax64.com/software/295090-error-during-office-2010-setup.html
Relevancy 46.44%

hello everyone i have about 20 computer in one room. all windows 7, i want to setup some kind of network. i have one pc also with win7 and sheared one of the partitions on the PC for everyone to see... whats the best way or any ways to shear file between all computers....

A:Small office network setup

Welcome to Seven Forums,

I'm assuming that there's no Windows Server (eg... Windows Server 2008/2012/SBS) in your network? What are the versions (Home, Pro or Ultimate) of these Windows 7 computers?

Will you be connecting all computers to the Internet as well? Do you have network switches? Is the setup going to be wired/wireless?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/300080-small-office-network-setup.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I thought I had A mail problem solved but I don't.
I'm trying to use windows mail with no success so far.
I'm setting up a new computer.
I cannot send or receive mail.
I contnually receive an error code OX800CCCOE.
Any ideas on what I need to repair or re-do ?
Thanks

A:Mail Setup

Hey Dingaling,

Let's start with the basics. Do you have an internet connection up an running? If so, you should be able to find very explicit, step-by-step instructions for setting up Windows mail on your ISP's help site. If you are using an online vendor (gmail, aol, or other), most of them are even more user friendly than the ISPs.

If you are having trouble finding instructions for Windows Mail, you can usually work off the instructions for Outlook, with the requisite changes.

Complications:
For most ISPs, all you need is a username and a password. This can get complex, since some of the smaller ISPs have been swallowed up by larger services, and thus have more complex username|domain combinations for signup. Also, your ISP may issue you a different password for email than for network signon.

There is also the problem of ports. Most ISPs and online services have moved to some kind of secure connection. You will have to find out if they use SSL (common for ISPs) or TLS (some online services), and the number (name) of the ports they use for incoming and outgoing messages.

For online services, you may have to change their settings to allow for POP or IMAP connections (a protocol used by your computer to talk to the serving computer), and you will have to set up your connection accordingly.

If you still have problems, let us know how and when you are receiving the error. Unfortunately, these error codes are typically uninformative. Yours is downright generic. Also tell us the ISP (or service) you are using, you may run into someone who knows all the right info here.

But first, read the info online, or call your ISPs hotline (it's what you're paying them for).

Good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/236989-mail-setup.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I use hotmail on a laptop running vista home edition
I go to news website I read something I want to email. I click on the email button. Up pops what I think is windows mail interface similar to outlook. It does not work. How do I get rid of this forever or make it work. thanks tom

A:web mail setup

You didn't tell us what browser you are using so please can you post back with more information about what you are trying to do.

What email client do you have on the machine, is it just Windows Mail that comes with Vista or are you using something else, have you made sure that whatever one it is you have it set as the default.

I'm sure one of the experts will be able to help when they have all the information.

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/280383-web-mail-setup.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Is there a simple way to set up mail on 7?

A:Mail setup on 7

Windows 7 does not employ an e-mail client per say like XP's Outlook Express. What it does have is Windows live Mail, to access this go to All Programs and scroll all the way down to the bottom where you will find Windows Live, click on this to expand the menu and you will see Windows Live Mail.My wife and I are using Mozilla Thunderbird and like it very much. We have a shortcut on the desktop which makes it quick and easy to access.Hope this helps.Reason for Edit: The application which inserts the hyper link wasn't working properly the first two times I used it. Obviously it is working now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471816/mail-setup-on-7/
Relevancy 46.01%

When I try to install Office 2003 Pro (Volume License, Norwegian version) on
my laptop with Windows XP SP2 (also Norwegian), the MSI task log tells me
that install halts with return value 3, from the action DoDialogSequence.
Every other task in the log finishes with return value 1 or 0.

On screen (while this happens) I only see a window telling that setup is
preparing the installation guide (or wizard), and my only choice is the
Cancel button. This windows stays for a while after disk activity ceases,
then closes with no further messages.

Any ideas of where to look for the cause, or how to rectify this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/office-2003-setup-on-win-xp-fails-on-dodialogsequence.419480/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello friends, my first topic here and i am glad that this is the best place where i got in,,
ok i have a small offic that has 5 computer runing with internet by bt bussiness broadband, ihave 4 ports on braodbands that are connected to my computer,, now what i want to do is,, to setup network all 4 computers to my own main/server computer,, so i can look over the files and network on other computers,,,,,,the question is how to do this,/????

your reply will be greatly appreiciated,,,,

thanks

Relevancy 46.01%

I m trying to install the nd CD of my MS Office Professional and I get this Office 2 Wizard 2007 CD Setup MS Professional pop up quot Setup failed to install the required component Microsoft SQL Server Express MSSMLBIZ Microsoft Office Professional CD cannot continue See C Program MS Office Professional 2007 CD 2 Setup Wizard Files x Microsoft SQL Server Setup Bootstrap LOG Summary txt for more detail quot I followed the link that was given to me and this is what it says Microsoft SQL Server OS Version Home Edition Service Pack Build Time Wed Feb Machine BALM Product Microsoft SQL Server Native Client Product Version Install Failed Log File C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Setup Bootstrap LOG Files SQLSetup BALM SNAC log Last Action IsPendingRebootKey Error String The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance Error Number -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BALM There was an unexpected failure during the setup wizard You may review the setup logs and or click the help button for more information SQL Server Setup failed For more information review the Setup log file in ProgramFiles Microsoft SQL Server Setup Bootstrap LOG Summary txt Time Wed Feb List of log files C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Setup Bootstrap LOG Files SQLSetup BALM Core log C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Setup Bootstrap LOG Files SQLSetup BALM Datastore xml C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Setup Bootstrap LOG Files SQLSetup BALM SNAC log C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Setup Bootstrap LOG Files SQLSetup BALM NET Framework log C Program Files x Microsoft SQL Server Setup Bootstrap LOG Summary txt Can someone please help me Thank you so much Ivy nbsp

A:MS Office Professional 2007 CD 2 Setup Wizard

uninstall sql server.
download a stand alone sql server 2005 express from ms website.
install that
then try to bcm install from the disk

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-office-professional-2007-cd-2-setup-wizard.799806/
Relevancy 46.01%

I've obtained: Office Professional Plus 2010 with Service Pack 1 (x86 and x64) - DVD (English) from MSDN.

Code:
en_office_professional_plus_2010_with_sp1_x86_x64_dvd_730330.iso
I wanted to install it first before inserting the product key legally, similar to a trial setup.

A:Skip Office Activation on Setup and have it as a trial

Sorry, you can not do that. There are only two ways to have Office 2010 in trial mode legally:

1. Special trial version, which CAN NOT be converted to full, even with a valid key.
2. Volume version of Office 2010 available only to corporate clients.

If you have obtained your iso legally from MSDN, you can legally get full key from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/224769-skip-office-activation-setup-have-trial.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I am receiving an "red X" error dialouge box. This happens everytime i open a microsoft office program including uninstall. I tried to reinstall over the top off it but because of this error it wont load, i also downloaded a replacement msxml3.dll file but cannot overwrite nor delete this file. the dialouge box is as follows

headline reads "SETUP.EXE - Bad Image"

then the bulk reads "C:/windows/system32/msxml3.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendure for support."

I have only one option with the box and that is an "ok" button.

This message also freezes all my activity in Excel.

I am out of my knowledge depth here and would greatly appreciate any help or advice given

Cheers

A:SETUP.EXE-bad image(microsoft office problem) Help please

msxml3.dll Is either corrupt of you have an infectionI would suggest you post in our Am I Infected? forum:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262572/setupexe-bad-imagemicrosoft-office-problem-help-please/
Relevancy 46.01%

I bought a new lap top with vista home basic - un-installed the office that came with it and installed my old office 2000 - seems to work except I do not have page setup option under the file menu - so can not change to landscape format- do I have to purchase the vista home premium - or a new office??

Relevancy 46.01%

I am receiving an quot please image(microsoft Help SETUP.EXE-bad problem) office red X quot error dialouge box This happens everytime i open a microsoft office program including uninstall I SETUP.EXE-bad image(microsoft office problem) Help please tried to reinstall over the top off it but because of this error it wont load i also downloaded a replacement msxml dll file but cannot overwrite nor delete this file the dialouge box is as follows headline reads quot SETUP EXE - Bad Image quot then the bulk reads quot C windows system msxml dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendure for support quot I have only one option with the box and that is an quot ok quot button This message also freezes all my activity in Excel I have a dv hp laptop and am running vista with office student I am out of my knowledge depth here and would greatly appreciate any help or advice given Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/262689/setupexe-bad-imagemicrosoft-office-problem-help-please/
Relevancy 46.01%

Just remember this I owns the retail cds of Office How can I find the precious information on how to merges the cds for office into a DVD I remembered that I did the AIO All - in - one and it wasn t working to my expectation It didn t runs a setup that contains all of office stuffs instead it shows me as ISOs I m hoping Modifying Office files 2003 setup to have someone to provide the valuable informations on how to decompile and repacks the MSIs so I could reduce the numbers of MSIs to one I basically extracted entire of the Modifying Office 2003 setup files CDs into one folder putting everything in there and I noticed there s MSIs in the setup folder The size for total of cds brings up to around MB Each MSI has it own same master names as Microsoft Office and sub-category has it own different names how to includes the remaining of Office programs beside FrontPage I tried to modify the setup ini at O TRANSFERRED Office FILES SETUP and includes the several MSIs but it didn t work I would like to understand how to includes or modify the MSI and loads the features that are ready to be selected and installed by the only one setup instead of several setups in a several numbers of CDs I also would like to know how to integrates the templates and fonts into Office as well Screenshot attached nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/modifying-office-2003-setup-files.152300/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi All, I am very new to networking and have been searching for hours hopefully to find a solution.

I was particularly interested on aniketchitale's post #4 (http://forums.techguy.org/networking/1072214-wireless-router-100-users.html).

I presently have a fiber internet connection to my office with about 40 wireless users on a single AP. The connection keeps dropping. Probably due to too many users on a single AP?

1. My question is similar to aniketchitale's, can get another wireless router, create a different SSID (eg. router1 and router2), but both wireless routers still connected to the same fiber connection. In other words, I would like to segregate the first 20 users to router 1 and the next 20 users to router 2.

2. By having 2 wireless routers each with their unique SSID, will all the users still be able to access to the same printer in the office?

I would really appreciate if somebody can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Relevancy 46.01%

Hey guys sorry if this has been answered but I'm not finding it anywhere or anything that helps MS Office Pro encountered 2010 setup during error from my googling and forum reading Here's my problem summed up I upgraded from W to W a few months ago everything was well incl MS Ofc and then recently I ran into some spyware issues that I had to do a quot Reset Computer quot on W So obviously it removed all my programs or MS Office Pro 2010 encountered error during setup apps as they call it now and I went to reinstall my MS Office Pro from the exe file I have saved I tried it times at least and it keeps running into the quot encountered a problem during MS Office Pro 2010 encountered error during setup setup quot error So I found a different download on Microsoft and tried that several times to no avail same error So I tried disabling AV and such things and still error From some things I read with other users that had this issue dealt with net framework and such but they were all running W I have no idea how to fix this problem on W Does anyone have any advice or suggestions please I appreciate any help in advance

A:MS Office Pro 2010 encountered error during setup

If you have the product key, MS can help you via download or if you have the disc. Not sure the disc you created can work.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f57/ms-office-pro-2010-encountered-error-during-setup-1065634.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I have just installed Office 2007 Enterprise on my Win7 machine. I tryed to setup my Hotmail (Outlook) in the Outlook app but it doesn't work. Please help!

P.S. If you want photos just ask

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/394306-how-do-i-setup-hotmail-office-outlook-2007-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I tried to install the Office 2003 suite on my vista home premium notebook and got this error message:

Error executing file
E:\Office\SETUP.EXE
The requested operation requires elevation.

And will not continue - is there a incompatibility issue here or is there something else.

A:Solved: Office 2003 Setup Issue

Right click setup.exe and select "run as administrator"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-office-2003-setup-issue.727094/
Relevancy 46.01%

office 2013 pro 64 bit - the file downloaded is  .img file - an image file, when clicked to setup, a CD disk burn is required, however, the file to be burned size is 769 mb, standard CD's are 702 mb. is there a method to bypass this hard to come by
CD-R of 800 mb? required to burn the file ?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9a36e934-438c-48ca-8506-641035a5c80b/office-2013-pro-64-bit-downloaded-amp-problem-to-setup?forum=w7itproappcompat