Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

Q: Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

Hi I would appreciate if someone could help me please The problem I have has been going on since about the time I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows Had issues with BSOD on install because of my graphics card seem to have been slighty dislogded See http www techspot com vb topic html Okey the problem is my mouse keeps freezing up after a while and after moving it or clicking a couple times it works again When this happens I get either a beep or the usb disconnect connect sound depending on which mouse is being used Current using Windows mouse issues freezing 7 Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse connecting to a generic Windows 7 mouse freezing issues bluetooth dongle this makes a beep when Windows 7 mouse freezing issues it freezes The USB Wireless Logitech Dongle Logitech Mouse I had before this made disconnect connect sound The USB Wired Mouse before the Logitech also made disconnect connect sound I have tried to work around this using several methods but have had no luck Steps taken to try and rectify issue Changed mouse I am on my th mouse now I will not change for another again the mouse is not the problem Tried all the mouses on other computers where they all worked fine I have switched ports on numerous occasions all other device work with no problem keyboard touch screen monitor external hard drive s usb flash I have removed conflicting hardware and ensured only on mouse is plugged in also removed touchscreen cable from monitor I have gone to Device Manager and set USB Root Hub and Power Management tab and unchecked quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on all devices I have removed drivers for all other mouse s used previously I have disabled C E as this uses some power saving methods I have check Event Viewer which only has networking errors which all forward to my network drive I have run System File Checker SFC sfc scannow I need to know whether Windows is the issue or whether its the usb ports Can anyone please help me as it is now really bothering me I can t even play Battlefield games Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

This is a problem I have not seen before. Try using this guide to find any other mouse drivers that you may not have deleted.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-mouse-freezing-issues.164226/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hmm. I've looked around the net for something like this, but can't seem to find any similar cases, so here I go...

I recently bought a new computer and this problem was there ever since I started using it - basically, every so often my keyboard and mouse input will freeze up, but the rest of the computer will carry on running as normal. If I'm typing a letter at the time, it'll keep outputting the letter to whatever program I was in, if I'm using the mouse it'll just stop dead. I've tried uninstalling and going back to system restore points (right back to a fresh installation, infact) and nothing's helped - does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

I'm using a Microsoft Optical Desktop (wireless keyboard/mouse (and I have tried other keyboards)) and PC specs are here, if they're of any help.

A:Keyboard/mouse freezing issues

What are your computer specs(Mobo, ram,vid card, etc.) and are you using SP1 or SP2?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-mouse-freezing-issues-63384.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all Going to try and make this brief quot try quot being the operative word here I have a Gateway PC running Windows Ultimate bit gigs of ram but obviously not all useable yet Dual core processor Nvidia GT graphics Card Corsair watt PSU HT Omega Striker Souncard Kaspersky Internet Security Nvidia driver latest Basically have done a lot of upgrades on this PC with the exception of the motherboard and CPU Two days ago I noticed when I log into my PC it will boot up however shortly after programs will begin to stop responding Sometimes the PC will boot into a black screen other times I get to the desktop and the taskbar clocks and just does not work then other times as stated will boot up work for about to minutes until explorer stops responding and ultimately everything else I try to use Here are some behaviors I noticed Is probably not hardware related as safe mode does work as should no matter how long I use it Could not install programs - when trying would freeze or fail in reg desktop One weird thing Windows desktop issues other 32bit 7 with issues Ultimate freezing/ I noticed is that the hard drive activity LED will start doing a repetitive pattern when the system begins to freeze it will light up for to seconds to show activity then blink on and off then light again for the same time then blink same exact pattern over and over again all the while you can hear the drive making the same noise almost as thought its quot skipping quot again safe mode does work fine though Originally this started with a blue screen that showed a Logitech webcam file that caused it I uninstalled the Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit issues with desktop freezing/ other issues software altogether and reinstalled and seemed to have fixed the BSOD issue That's it for behaviors that I have noticed so far Here is what I have tried with no success Start up repair SCNDSK F SCNDSK R SFC SCANNOW MSCONFIG - disabled all non microsoft startup items AND services I am above the average user as I do some repairs myself but this has me baffled I'm at a loss and really do not want to format Any ideas on what else I can try or mayve have missed Anyone else come across something similar Any help would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks

A:Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit issues with desktop freezing/ other issues

Try working through these troubleshooting steps to utilize the logs and System Resources to find clues, clear all hardware.

There are other tools listed which may help working up to a Repair Install as a last resort before Reinstalling Windows 7 to get a perfect clean baseline reinstall which should solve anything not hardware related.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/194708-windows-7-ultimate-32bit-issues-desktop-freezing-other-issues.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all my first post here comes to you about a problem that has me wanting to kill my machine OK now that I feel better here s the problem and I ve searched online to no avail I m running Win Professional with a logitech optical mouse blue one w wheel This is a year-old Dell with plenty of power as far as I know - it s a hand me down from my IBM tech uncle who has the latest and greatest so I m sure it s got whatever it takes He had no problems with a different logi mouse When I open a new browser window via a link and Logitech mouse freezing windows if I move the mouse prior to complete loading of the page the Logitech mouse freezing windows new window popup freezes and I have to end task closing the parent browser This happens in outlook a remote web-based version any forum like this one or anything similar It s driving my absolutely nuts I thought it may be the mouse driver but I ve installed the latest driver from logitech and that hasn t helped I have installed a few proggys in recent weeks so maybe that has something to do with it PLEASE HELP AAAAARRGH nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I had this problem a while back but it somehow went away with no interference. Unfortunately, though, it is back. My mouse freezes every minute or so, sometimes even more frequently. It's not a whole system freeze, if I'm in game I can still use the keyboard and sound and video outputs are still going. The freeze lasts a couple of seconds, then I will drop a couple of frames then the mouse starts working again and windows gives the sound for new hardware being plugged in.

I have tried a different mouse but that hasn't worked, nor has using a different USB port. I tried reinstalling any drivers I could think might be related but still the problem persists.

As you can imagine it's getting extremely irritating, any ideas on a fix would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading, Joseph

A:Windows 7 periodic mouse freezing

Sounds like this could be a problem with mouse drivers.
• Run through this routine and locate any/all mouse drivers listed under "mice and other pointing devices" and delete them.
• Now uninstall all/any mouse drivers in Device Manager. Your mouse will freeze when you uninstall the driver it is using so you will need to hold in the power button to shut down the system.
• Next restart the PC and the system should reinstall the driver for your mouse.
See if you get any more freezing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-periodic-mouse-freezing.1041348/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi In the last weeks I have been experiencing a remarkable number freezing, frozen, windows BSODs, etc.. mouse of restarts and blue screens frozen windows mouse frozen etc after an unknown update that i did not authorize auto shut me down to update and not turn off my computer I thought it was MS even though i did not authorize it after that i recieved a few BSODS with memory dumps and always code I thought it might be dust in my computer resulting in overheating so i cleaned out my computer and my power supply but it seems to still be happening x earlier this evening over the course of hours so for the last hours i have taken off the side of the computer for greater BSODs, windows freezing, mouse frozen, etc.. cooling and no crashes so far OS Version Microsoft Windows Enterprise Service nbsp SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip nbsp nbsp MB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Resource and Performance Monitor Jan - zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor e x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce SE nForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ECS Iris Antivirus Webroot SecureAnywhere Updated and Enabled System shut down nbsp SysnativeFileCollectionApp zip nbsp nbsp MB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp Resource and Performance Monitor Jan - zip nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads times tonight Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date PM Event ID Task BSODs, windows freezing, mouse frozen, etc.. Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Donna-PC Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns http schemas microsoft com win events event gt lt System gt lt Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- br br C D B gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID ThreadID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Donna-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID S- - - gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name BugcheckCode gt lt Data gt lt Data Name BugcheckParameter gt xf lt Data gt lt Data Name BugcheckParameter gt x c lt Data gt lt Data Name BugcheckParameter gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name BugcheckParameter gt x cd lt Data gt lt Data Name SleepInProgress gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name PowerButtonTimestamp gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603191/bsods-windows-freezing-mouse-frozen-etc/
Relevancy 52.89%

I am having an issue with installing windows on a Samsung RV The first time i mouse pressing or until 7 keys windows freezing tried it took hours to expand files a further few hours to install before reboot then was taking ages again on completing installation I didnt want to finish the install windows 7 freezing until pressing keys or mouse as i knew something wasnt quite right I changed the bios to default settings checked ram and used seagate tools to test the hdd Everything seemed fine so i tried again the same thing was happening again when i happened to click the mouse once i done that the installation jumped up then started going slow again i again clicked the mouse and it shot through the rest of the installation very fast Windows loaded up but hung on the preparing desktop screen i again clicked the mouse and it quickly finished and brung up the desktop The laptop now does everything fine apart from a slight delay on loading windows and it is currently doing the updates altho these updates seem to hang until i click the mouse or tap the keyboard Its like the laptop is going to sleep altho the screen is still on until i press something any idea of what could be causing this thanks in advance edit to add i have checked for a bios update from samsung but the one on their website is older than the one currently installed

A:windows 7 freezing until pressing keys or mouse

What are the specs of your laptop?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-freezing-until-pressing-keys-or-mouse-655209.html
Relevancy 52.46%

The tips here is to help you to fix your mouse randomly freezing issue on windows using USB port Issue description mouse randomly freezing on windows - sometimes it totally freeze and will not work and have to reboot the pc to make it work during freezing the skype and realplayer still working fine but just mouse freeze Hardware GIGABYTE motherboard p a-ud -b this actually does not matter CPU intel i something actually we do not care about this much for the above issue Steelseries mouse amp keyboard Software Windows bit home version And all the device drivers from GIGABYTE etc What was done before to fix this issue BIOS upgrade not able to fix the issue motherboard relate device drivers upgrade not able to fix the issue USB device drivers update to most recent version the issue My fix 7 randomly mouse to windows Method freezing not able to fix the issue use the legacy usb port still issue search from google and try to understand My Method to fix the windows 7 mouse randomly freezing issue why this issue happen and found that MICROSOFT not compatible to USB as there is no standard now and it was saying windows service pack would fix this but another saying was it might be years later the service pack would come issue isolated here USB incompatible with windows cause this issue Solution related questions are we able to fix this USB device driver so to make it compatible with windows the answer is no so what should we do now The advantage of USB is its speed for data transfer but here is the issue with our mouse so we do not care about if it is usb or now solution come up why not we use usb etc I check the motherboard My Method to fix the windows 7 mouse randomly freezing issue related doc and found that it has several usb ports and among them are usb the blue one-they marked it in the back of the pc Are we able to disable these usb ports The answer is yes Solution We enter into bios and find out that there is option for usb so we chose disable and from device drivers to remove the usb related device part and reboot the pc and now then the mouse amp keyboard all working fine for about week without any issue Post activities You can wait until windows will support USB but that might take long time we would not know how long When you buy a pc back home for its GB RAM with windows as we all know the RAM is cheap and windowsXP will not support more than GB RAM and you take your mouse to your home with issue then you will find out that the above solution is so excellent especially for those My Method to fix the windows 7 mouse randomly freezing issue WOW player All the above is only private opinion to resolve the issue we have

A:My Method to fix the windows 7 mouse randomly freezing issue

Thats great, but now you are minus a functional USB port (or two if you disabled both in the BIOS). Why not plug the mouse into the USB2 port, and keep the USB3 port/s for other devices (USB3 is backward compatible with many USB2 devices)?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/266544-my-method-fix-windows-7-mouse-randomly-freezing-issue.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Surface Tablet running Windows When I hover the mouse over the bottom left corner where the Windows button pops up to switch back Windows corners 8 freezing when mouse in Surface touches and forth from desktop and tiles the thing freezes for about seconds and then unfreezes and then freezes again then starts working normally again I have googled this already and not much came up I did updated the drivers but windows said they were up to date uninstalled the and reinstalled them I did a sfc scannow and nothing I did a chkdsk r and it worked fine I thought for a while then I called the customer to come pick up and as as I was talking to him I started it up and it was freezing again Made me look really stupid on the phone but he laughed and said it did the very same thing to him So I just did a chkdsk again and again it is working just fine for now I am going to run Surface freezing when mouse touches corners in Windows 8 out for a Surface freezing when mouse touches corners in Windows 8 while and when I come back I will restart and see if it still messes up and I am going to do some malware scans while I am gone But I think it has more to do with the file system or Microsoft video problems oh and when it is not frozen I can use the touch screen with no freezing what so ever Only when I use a mouse or the touch pad

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/72393-surface-freezing-when-mouse-touches-corners-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay so my mouse Seemingly at random will freeze for about - seconds or so make a Windows error sound like quot on Professional & 7 freezing Continually unfreezing Mouse x64 Windows tee-dunk quot and then work for - seconds and then go Mouse on Windows 7 Professional x64 Continually freezing & unfreezing back to freezing and then wash rinse and repeat until I finally get aggravated enough to restart my computer which seems to be the only way to fix the issue although it will re-occur at some point of inconvenience most likely later When checking the mouse drives managed to get there while to mouse was freezing and unfreezing i see that it switches back and forth between quot No drivers installed for this device quot and quot This device is working properly quot as it just is continually freezing and unfreezing Seems to happen more often while playing video games however it's not too picky about screwing up my browsing experiences either and it will also happen as I'm browsing the internet or something will just get stuck in this cycle Even taking my current mouse out and plugging it into a different USB port plugging in a completely different mouse doesn't work So it's not the mouse itself I've tried un-installing and re-installing the mouse driver doesn't help Also just recently as an example it happens now indefinitely whilst playing games As playing The Elder Scrolls Oblivion it happens normally not even within minutes of game-play and I have to restart the whole computer My CPU and RAM aren't even close to being spiked up or anything like that before or during it's occurrence as well I have attempted to find the issues by searching for it online but no one seems to be having exactly the problem that I am or at least I can't seem to find it Just as well I saw one post say that a conflict was with the KB Windows update but i don't even have that particular update so I' don't know I also attempted to check to see if my driver software was up-to-date via the device manager and it says that it is in fact up-to-date Also for added information the mouse I'm currently using is the GX Gila Gaming mouse by quot Genius quot i believe However i am in doubt that the mouse itself is the problem as the Mouse Keyboard and computer itself are all very new and even with a different mouse it happens Will provide additional details as requested needed

A:Mouse on Windows 7 Professional x64 Continually freezing & unfreezing

Normally when the mouse disconnects and connects like that it is a mechanical problem: broken wire, bad USB port, defective mouse. Your tests eliminate those possibilities (you might try lightly wiggling the USB connector in all the ports to see if you can create the problem - just to check).

You could be dealing with a driver conflict. Here is what I would try:
Completely uninstall all mouse drivers and software.
Disconnect all other USB connected devices except keyboard (is the keyboard installed with drivers?)
Option: connect a standard mouse if you have one.
Go into Device Manager > expand the Universal Serial Bus Controllers
Uninstall all the devices listed under that category
Restart the computer
Windows will reinstall all the devices. This will reset the USB Stack. That can clear up conflicts in some cases.
After:

If you have USB-3.0 ports you will need to reinstall those drivers afterward. Do that first.
Reconnect any other essential USB devices (printers). Try and do one thing at a time and use the PC for a while before connecting the next device.
Use the standard mouse for a while to test.
When you connect the GX mouse, see if you can run it for a while without the Genius drivers to test.
Then download the most current version of the driver and install it.
Pay close attention after each step to see if you can identify when the problem reoccurs. Hopefully it won't.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/318550-mouse-windows-7-professional-x64-continually-freezing-unfreezing.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I issues freezing Windows 7 recently upgraded Windows 7 freezing issues to Windows from XP and am having a few freezing issues I tried playing World of Warcraft but it would freeze on the loading screen no BSOD no error message not this is not responding just total lock up and having to force shut down So I uninstalled and tried to reinstall it The downloader would freeze every few minutes again no error message no crash or BSOD just total lock up and a force reboot It took unpteen attempts for me to download the patch I managed to log into the game for about minute then total freezing again Today I tried to download a programme froze after a while again total lock up Tried watching a video on window media player another total lock up I checked my error logs and I am getting this message The driver detected a controller error on Device Ide IdePort Just before I get a bunch of error messages about my pc not shutting down properly which is leading me to assume this is the cause of my problems Could anybody tell me what it is and how to fix it Or if this is indeed the causes of my freezing I m going nuts

A:Windows 7 freezing issues

Hi missmuffy,What is the make and model number of your computer?It sounds as if there is a driver issue with your hard drive controller. Before you upgraded to Win7 from XP did you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor to determine if the computer was capable of running Windows 7? Before upgrading, it's also a good idea to check the computer manufacturer's web site to make sure that there are Windows 7 drivers available for that particular model?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453900/windows-7-freezing-issues/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi Specs AMD Phenom II x gb ram ATI Radeon HD Windows Professional -bit system So i ve upgraded from Vista Business to Windows Professional and since then my computer has just been terrible Its become so unstable and unreliable to the point that I ve reinstalled Vista on the other Issues Freezing Windows 7 half of my hard drive I split my TB to x gb Windows 7 Freezing Issues hard drives I know that its Windows that is messed up because the Windows Vista is working perfectly When i try to boot with Windows I get lagging issues computer hang and freezing The only common problem among the two OS is when I m editing with After Effects I will periodically get a message like quot display driver atikmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot I have no idea what is wrong and if you need any information please just ask Any suggestions as to what may be wrong is greatly appreciated And if all else fails is there any way to downgrade Win back to Vista Thank you nbsp

A:Windows 7 Freezing Issues

Ditch the upgrade and do a full CLEAN install...

This should sort your issues out...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-freezing-issues.887450/
Relevancy 51.17%

So recently i built my first computer to see if i could do it,
Im having some problems with the computer freezing when i try to install, update, or use some programs. The freezing isnt a normal windows freeze it seems to be a full system freeze. A+C+Del doesnt work, and there is no response from Mouse or Keyboard. I dont know if this is a windows thing or if it is a hardware thing or a combination of the two. Can someone please help.

Cheers,
Greg

A:Windows Freezing issues

Please follow the instructions below to get Task Manager open and on your desktop.
Maximize the Task Manager window so you can see all of the processes (if it's too big, you'll have to do this a couple of times to see all of the processes).
Wait for it to freeze - and look for the image name of things that show excessive resource consumption (and let us know what they are).

Quote:

Task Manager:
Also, you can monitor the system for excessive resource consumption. To do this, open up Task Manager by right clicking on the Task Bar.
Then select the Processes tab.
Then select the "Show processes from all users" button (in the lower left)
Then select the View menu item, then select "Select columns"
In the Select columns window, place checkmarks next to I/O Reads and I/O Other.
Click OK to accept the changes.
Resize the Task Manager window so you can see the most of the columns.
Wait for the system to freeze.
Look at all of the columns to see if there's anything that looks excessively high - if so, let us know the Image name of the process.
FWIW - System Idle Process is supposed to have high CPU readings - anything else with high CPU readings is an issue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-freezing-issues-500498.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi I m not sure if this question is entirely suited for this website but I m desperate for help If Issues 8 Computer Windows Freezing anyone has a better recommendation for a place that I could seek assistance please let me know Anyways my computer has been running into the same issue repeatedly Windows 8 Computer Freezing Issues for the past few weeks After about minutes of use whether I m working playing a game listening to music or even leaving the computer idle the computer will promptly freeze I ve tried a multitude of things but nothing seems to work and anything displayed on the screen is fully inaccessible It forces me to hold down the power button and restart the entire computer That s the bulk of the issue here are some details Before this issue started my house was lacking internet I used it while offline a few times during this period to write some documents watch some previously downloaded movies and so on Like in the past I was able to use the computer for as long as I wished The first time I used the computer after internet was reestablished Windows 8 Computer Freezing Issues the freezing issue took hold Its Windows 8 Computer Freezing Issues not like internet has always been the catalyst for this problem in fact the computer was working just fine a few weeks before in New York where I had internet Additionally any songs I am listening to on Pandora will finish even though I can t get to them but won t continue on afterwards If anybody has any ideas or suggestions please let me know Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-8-computer-freezing-issues.1164273/
Relevancy 50.74%

A few days ago my Vaio laptop started randomly freezing Now it freezes during startup when programs are still booting up At first I thought it was a hardware problem but I now believe I freezing XP Windows Possible issues.. infection? may be infected with something Started the computer Windows XP freezing issues.. Possible infection? in either safe mode or selective startup without startup items does not seem to cause freeze ups which led me to believe it is a software problem I then tried to Windows XP freezing issues.. Possible infection? run windows defender as well as avast antivirus and both programs freeze during the scanning process Windows defender freezing at the same point every time A dll within the system folder I have also tried unsuccessfully scanning with malwarebytes which also leads to the pc freezing I have tried running avg rescue cd booted from a usb and it was able to run a full system scan but did not find anything suspicious I have run GMER from safemode and the log was clean I have run rkill in safemode where it did not kill any processes and in selective startup where it killed userinit exe but running malwarebytes right after still led to freezing in the system folder I am running out of ideas and am wondering if it might be a hardware problem after all Anyway I m hoping someone may have an idea as to what I could do to resolve my issues Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/369019/windows-xp-freezing-issues-possible-infection/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm having the same freezing issues that alot of people have had The system 7 others Windows x64 have had...any issues freezing other ideas like freezes randomly ish seconds later the mouse freezes and you have to reboot the system by pushing reset on the case The music loops in the background if Windows 7 x64 freezing issues like others have had...any other ideas there was something playing and im getting no BSOD All of the hardware in my pc is x compatible and is up to date AMD quadcore cpu gtx ect Ive tried to fix the problem by researching other posts and nothing has worked basically this is a last ditch effort before I go back to XP and give another try when SP comes out The problem started when I put windows x on my system Things ive done observed All drivers are updated and correct scanned memory overnight twice memtest - no errors scanned HDDs - no errors took out individual components and tried w o them sound card video card -nothing BIOS is up to date adjusted power setting to max- seemed to help but still freezes no helpful errors in even viewer only critical is unexpected shutdown it seems to work better in safe mode but will still freeze Freezes are random put they seem to happen more often it alot of data is being transferred or if im doing a lot on my pc at one time Like if im just playing online poker or on the net it wont freeze as often but if im trying to listen to music at the same time it will freeze When I tried to transfer a large amount of music from an external HDD to my pc it would freeze up very quickly

A:Windows 7 x64 freezing issues like others have had...any other ideas

I've experienced same problem on my PC,but I've tried a diferent version of Windows 7,and update it.
Don't turn off automatic updates,install al updates,and see if the problem persists.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/128174-windows-7-x64-freezing-issues-like-others-have-had-any-other-ideas.html
Relevancy 50.74%

ALL HP ElibBOok p -bit OS Windows I have been struggling with slow response pausing freezing for secs to the point that it was taking too long to do anything on my laptop After searching the internet and discovering that I am NOT the only one complaining about Issues Windows Freezing/Pausing 7 this issue and no on able to provide support or assist with troubleshooting Windows 7 Freezing/Pausing Issues I decided to do an HP Restore Windows 7 Freezing/Pausing Issues Unfortunately I did not have a disc to do the restore While searching the HP Support website for access to download or purchase the HP Restore Plus I saw an option to upgrade my BIOS In comparing my BIOS date version with the one provided I saw that I was way out of date For the heck of it I downloaded the BIOS update and installed it To my total disbelief my laptop running like new again No more pausing and freezing for secs My Explorer used to stop working and crash and shut down I am going to monitor Explorer and see if that is fixed too Just thought I would share my resolution to this ongoing issue and hope it works for the multitude of other people out there who have complained about the same problem nbsp

A:Windows 7 Freezing/Pausing Issues

Mark the problem as solved. That way people will know to look at it for a solution

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-freezing-pausing-issues.1071907/
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm having an issue with my laptop (DELL C640 Latitude).

I have Windows XP.

I have had AVG-Anti-Virus as a virus program. (I apologize, I don't know the correct terminology).

My problem:

My mouse has a mind of it's own. I'm no longer capable of using the touchpad/click on my laptop - because once I touch it, the cursor goes and clicks numerous times and literally clicks WHEREVER it wants. Things have been exited out of while I'm working it, conversations end up with different words (the mouse highlights and starts over or in my case deletes entire sentences).

Thankfully, the wireless mouse concept and I get along great, though the mouse function still clicks & highlights random spots.

Is this a virus?

Would disconnecting my actual mouse, fix the problem?

Any suggestions/solutions are very much appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Windows XP + Mouse issues

Is there anyone else in the immediate area that also uses the same type of mouse? Your signal could be interfering with their signal.

Do you have a wired mouse that you can test out?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-mouse-issues-321238.html
Relevancy 50.74%

hope this is the right spot to ask. I have a new HP computer - prolly 3 months old. runs like a dream, no issues, but this one.

When using the mouse (regardless of what program I am in) there are times where the curser flies off the screen, and i cant find it. i have to rapidly move the mouse up and down on the table for it to come back.

its to the point where its starting to drive me and the wife crazy. it happens quit a bit.

any way for us to remedy this solution?

comp specs are as follows

p4-4.3 ghz
1 gig mem
160 gig h.d.

A:mouse issues windows XP

Is it a ball mouse or optical? Check for dust, hairs, etc. Try another mouse and see if that causes a problem. If a known good mouse works, try calling HP to see about getting a replacement(I'm assuming that since the PC is 3 months old, it's still under warranty).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-issues-windows-xp.325267/
Relevancy 50.31%

I need help anyone,

I have a gateway laptop and she is freezing right after I do the full system restore. Restore says finished now restart, I go to restart and I starts but freezes half way through. Any solutions would be a very big help.

A:System Resorte on Windows having issues freezing

Hi and welcome.
Try.
Boot from Xp Cd...when prompted press [R]
Choose Windows installation [typically by pressing [1]
When prompted for password.
Press Enter.
Type chkdsk /r [note space ]
Window will fix errors..
Type Exit
And press Enter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-resorte-on-windows-having-issues-freezing.756284/
Relevancy 50.31%

This past weekend, upon rebooting my computer, it has had displaying issues with freezing and performing very slowly randomly. This has never occurred before, and I believe it may be due to viruses or malware. Could anyone recommend a way to diagnose and fix this issue? The computer is an Asus A53S that I've had for about 3 years.

Thank you so much.

A:Windows 7 Freezing and Slow Processing Issues

Hi for virus and malware issues you should follow the instructions here NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum
and make a new thread in the virus, trojan and spyware section posting all info there not here.If you cannot do a step make a note of it and move on to the next just be sure to mention any step you could not do in the new thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-freezing-and-slow-processing-issues-820882.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums t cwindowssystem -are-you-sure-yn-and-another-thing-or-too OBHello this was my original post To the best of my knowledge these are the things that have happened recently I went ahead with some windows updates i haven't been able to do of them for some reason - i began to look into it but frankly it bored me to death also i suppose it's off topic I rebooted and everything was fine I clicked on a link that sent me to a site where Avast told me about a trojan It went to the quarantine chest or whatever it's called sure + Freezing Connectivity you Issues Are and (Y/N) ? C:\windows\system32\*, and was promptly removed While looking for info on the HP site about hooking up audio equipment to my computer C:\windows\system32\*, Are you sure (Y/N) ? + Freezing and Connectivity Issues I happened to notice a link that led to C:\windows\system32\*, Are you sure (Y/N) ? + Freezing and Connectivity Issues driver updates I went and took a look at them and after reading the descriptions of their benefits I decided that only one of them was of any possible use It was called Conexant PCI Soft Modem Driver Update I didn't reboot after this I was still trying to get this home theatre business to work and decided that the reboot might set everything straight This is where it got interesting When the computer rebooted it stalled on a black C:\windows\system32\*, Are you sure (Y/N) ? + Freezing and Connectivity Issues screen with only a small box with the name C Windows System cmd exe and inside was text in DOS with the line C Windows System Are you sure Y N I had no idea what that meant so I typed n and then pressed enter It went away and the computer continued with the startup but the little box came back I left it and launched firefox to attempt to learn anything I could but I kept getting messages about the connection not working I still have the little sidebar on the desktop with the network meter and I just happened to notice it The incoming network activity was going crazy the line was spiking as high as possible and back down continuously I was briefly able to use the internet for a few minutes and was making my way to this site to look for more in depth answers when I lost connectivity completely although the network meter was still active I also tried safe mode with networking but got the same issue I then ran a spybot check and removed some crap but nothing changed I was about to run SAS but couldn't update it so I didn't bother So my plan was to go get a laptop I have and bring it to this computer so I could use the internet and try and fix this but the internet didn't work either Eventually I unplugged the modem router plugged it back in and problem solved I do not receive the dos prompt anymore and the internet is connected now But I had some freezing problems when trying to run gmer as well as some typing problems with keystrokes not resulting in anything onscreen Here's the DDS log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Chris at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D SP Spybot - Search and Destroy disabled Updated ED FAF- B F- B -ACA - E C DADBE SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware enabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA SP avast antivirus VPS - enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcsC Windows system atiesrxx exeC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServic... Read more

A:C:\windows\system32\*, Are you sure (Y/N) ? + Freezing and Connectivity Issues

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /sPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310035/cwindowssystem32-are-you-sure-yn-freezing-and-connectivity-issues/
Relevancy 50.31%

So for about weeks now I have been having this horrible issue with my Lenovo Y p laptop where after about to Unable Freezing 8.1 & Windows Issues Update to minutes after booting or being left inactive for about minutes my computer comes to screeching halt with every program becoming non responsive When they Windows 8.1 Freezing Issues & Unable to Update become non-responsive and even choosing to kill the process does nothing and I am forced to hard restart every time At first I thought it may be a nasty virus however after scanning my computer with Kaspersky Malwarebytes Windows 8.1 Freezing Issues & Unable to Update and Hitman Trial version I removed everything I thought to be malicious or causing issues After all the problem still persists and actually seems to be getting worse with boot times taking up to minutes now before even getting to the login screen Fed up and thinking that maybe my issue is with overheating of some sort or a short in the cpu fan I cracked it open tested the fan to ensure its working properly reapplied a new dab of Arctic Silver to the CPU and GPU to see if maybe that would make any difference but of course the problem persisted After all of my attempts I decided to see if maybe I could rid of the issue by just upgrading to windows and perhaps running a repair file When running the Win launcher I get a new issue when attempting to update quot WindowsUpdate FFF OR WindowsUpdate dt quot So after running SCF to scan and attempt to fix any broker or corrupt windows file it returns with plenty of errors that it says it is unable to fix I'm at my wits end for solutions and would really appreciate some help from anybody willing to give it I'll attach my cbs log file below in txt doc Thank you again

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-1-freezing-issues-and-unable-to-update-1054346.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello This is a summary of a PC problem which arose in January and the steps taken so far to solve it see http www bleepingcomputer com forums t windows- -freezing-help-needed Things have improved but my saviour there Windows issues are but cure? seems still - 'freezing' 7 to fixed dev thinks it would be a good idea to take a deeper look to see if there if anything else hence this post My PC runs Windows Home Premium -Bit SP pre-installed and these security and Windows 7 'freezing' seems fixed - but are there still issues to cure? clean-up programs Norton Malwarebytes Anti-Malware SuperAntiSpyware Spybot ccCleaner Duplicate Cleaner Windows 7 'freezing' seems fixed - but are there still issues to cure? and CleanUp Until recently things were running OK - I had recently run Norton updating virus definitions running a complete virus scan freeing up disk space tidying the registry etc no problems found - some Lotus IBM Symphony files had recently refused to open so I de-installed and re-installed Symphony and all was well - while doing some tidying up I closed my Google account and in the X Programs folder I tried to delete assuming it was not needed a Google folder without success even after playing around with the folder's permissions Later that day I powered up the PC again and things were Windows 7 'freezing' seems fixed - but are there still issues to cure? not right applications folders etc were not opening immediately and some not at all I did a system restore recommended restore point to roll back anything I had done wrong this completed successfully but did not solve the problem - so I switched off The next day when I booted up I got a Norton error message with the code on screen I was told to start a support session I did and Norton found no automatic solutions and I was directed to the support website where I was told to run Live Update and then restart the PC Norton then reported that some security settings were wrong so I let Norton correct those The problem was still not solved I ran another full Norton scan - nothing found - after which Norton suggested running its Power Eraser which I did and I let Norton correct four unspecified problems with the system settings in the registry But things were still not right so I posted details of the problem on the Windows Forum and while waiting for assistance I did the following - I downloaded and ran TDSSKiller and ESET and ran Norton Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes again no problems found although I saw from a Norton monthly report that on the day after the problem started Norton detected isolated and fixed Trojan Gen - I ran a system files check sfc scannow and a disk check which also reported no problems - I found references in the forums to infections caused by rogue software called PC Optimizer Pro WxDownloader and Mocaflix These programmes were uninvited guests on my software list when I was clearing out and I had deinstalled the first two but kept Mocaflix because I did not know what it was but I now got rid of that too I searched the PC for traces of these rogues there was little on the C drive but I deleted a few entries in the registry and reset one regular key which had been corrupted by a dialler called Sprotector which is said to be part of these rogues to settings copied from a clean PC - I ran Farbar Service Scanner which highlighted some services as missing or not running one service which was not running was System Restore which I hadn't stopped so I started it again At this stage my PC ran as follows when I powered up in Normal Mode sometimes when I tried to get past the Login screen the PC hung at the Welcome screen at other times I got past the Login screen to the desktop but beyond that I could do almost nothing for a short time a small blue circle appeared on the task bar when it disappeared apps and folders seemed to work for about minutes when everything froze reporting Not responding and a small blue circle appeared around t... Read more

A:Windows 7 'freezing' seems fixed - but are there still issues to cure?

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.
I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.

If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.
===

Please download ComboFix from any of the links below, and save it to your desktop. For information regarding this download, please visit this web page: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop

IMPORTANT....

1. Close any open browsers.

2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

3. Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.

How to : Disable Anti-virus and Firewall...
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a report for you.
Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt

Note:
Do not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall

Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.html

Note: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.
===

Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause infiltration of an infection.

Please run this security check for my review.

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.
Save it to your Desktop.
Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

===

Search and delete the AdWare, PUP (Potentially Unwanted Program) installed on your computer.

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.

Close all open programs and internet browsers.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Click on Delete tab follow the prompts.
A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.
Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.
You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Rn].txt (n is a number).

Please post the logs for my review.

While I check your logs have a look at this Microsoft topic.
Windows search service will not run.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-files/windows-search-service-will-not-run/7ba6baaf-c169-425c-8c28-c0fe55460941

Let me know if you were able to solve this issue.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/484688/windows-7-freezing-seems-fixed-but-are-there-still-issues-to-cure/
Relevancy 50.31%

My new PC (6 months old) has just had a major update to Windows 10 which took a few hours to complete. However, when I use my computer, simple tasks like opening the start menu take like 15 seconds to complete and my PC freezes (but the mouse pointer still works). I have done a virus scan with Malwarebytes and nothing showed up and im fairly confident to say its the Windows 10 update that has broken it as it worked fine yesterday before the update.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/windows-10-update-issues-pc-freezing-slow-4599754/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I m having a issues Windows mouse repair very odd problem I m currently repairing my Windows XP on an older computer and for that reason cannot give many specifics on the computer but it is an HP When I m at the Installing Devices screen of the quot Installing Windows quot part of the repair I get a Windows repair mouse issues message The software you are installing for this hardware NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Controller has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatability with Windows XP Do you want to continue installing the software for this hardware Normally I would click Yes without another thought but neither my mouse nor my keyboard are working at this point in the install so I get to just look at the error message without being able to address it at all Also I have tried PS mice including the one that the computer came with Any suggestions Thanks Update I found the keyboard that came with the computer and tried that and at that point the num lock light is on but I still cannot choose Yes or No by using the keyboard Apparently it has to be done with the mouse Also the mouse that came with the computer is laser mouse and the light is not on at any point throughout the installation or any other time for that matter nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-repair-mouse-issues.947027/
Relevancy 50.31%

I am running 64-bit Windows 7 and using a Logitech G5 mouse. It periodically stops working: I can still move the cursor but clicks do not work. To fix it, I have to hit ctrl-alt-del and click cancel - it then works fine, until it decides to stop working again.

I am a gamer and so this poses a large problem.

I have installed the latest setpoint drivers for 64-bit win7.

I have also tried using a different USB port - same problem.

I have seen that others have this problem, on various support sites, but no one had a good solution other than to reinstall drivers.

What should I do?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/logitech-g5-mouse-has-issues-with-windows-7.970617/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone These problems started happening maybe several months ago I don't really use this laptop that often so I have no idea what could of caused this I'm running Windows Ultimate bit Here are a list of the problems that are occuring If I press computer in the start menu it freezes It continually searches for drives but the blue wheel keeps spinning and nothing shows up even after minutes So far I've only noticed this with Computer I can just press Documents from the start menu and it instantly loads and then click on the drive and go to where I want to go Sometimes a window weird other well Windows behavior, and as freezing as issues explorer will freeze for no reason If I Windows explorer freezing and weird behavior, as well as other issues right click a file or folder in that window Windows explorer freezing and weird behavior, as well as other issues it will always freeze that window I have tried to right click a folder in separate windows and it froze every one of them Doesn't matter where the file location is it can happen to any Windows explorer freezing and weird behavior, as well as other issues window By freeze I mean the same spinning blue wheel and the window cannot be moved or won t respond ever again I've left the window for hours and it never unfreezes The only way to fix this is to end explorer exe in the task manager and restart it but that doesn't prevent it from happening again Some icons like text documents will look like a blank page with its upper right corner folded Resetting the icon cache fixed this On my desktop currently my text documents and VLC player are missing their normal icons replaced by this blank page In the column in the far left of the explorer window the one that lists your library and your drives when I right click one of the libraries like Documents or Pictures the window will freeze If I right click one of my drives like C the right click menu will come up but when I click properties the properties window won't come up ever Probably unrelated but I just wanted to post this anyway I'm also having an issue with Chrome If I open a new Chrome window or a new tab and search something in the omnibox sometimes the tab will never load It s just not that website Anything I type into the particular tab will not load Some tabs will load others will not load the circle in the tab will keep spinning and the page will be forever blank So for instance if I open tabs and make them all go to the same site for instance youtube com usually one of them will not load YouTube while the other load the site right away If I go to the tab that isn't load YouTube and type another site or search in the omnibox it won't load that either I know this isn t an issue with my network because the same thing happens sometimes if I try to open settings or extensions in a new tab which doesn't require internet to open I ve uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome twice and the issue persists Thanks for the help

A:Windows explorer freezing and weird behavior, as well as other issues

A friend told me to check in my Event Viewer, and there are a few errors and warnings today. Got a few under System and Application:

Level: Source: Description

Error: Application error: Faulting application name: DllHost.exe, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bc6b7
Faulting module name: RPCRT4.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18205, time stamp: 0x51db9710
Exception code: 0xc0020043
Fault offset: 0x0005cf69
Faulting process id: 0x1fa0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf0b27b1a53987
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\DllHost.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\syswow64\RPCRT4.dll
Report Id: f08835bb-771a-11e3-a4ff-b888e370089f

Error: volsnap: The shadow copies of volume C: were aborted because the shadow copy storage could not grow due to a user imposed limit.

Error: disk: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk3\DR4. Repeats 5 times in event viewer.

Warning: Disk: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk3\DR6 during a paging operation. Repeats 30+ times in event viewer.

Warning: Ntfs: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur. Repeats twice in event viewer.

Warning: Gatherer: The content source <csc://{S-1-5-21-4101250725-296594027-3050616062-1000}/> cannot be accessed. Context: Application, SystemIndex Catalog Details: The object was not found. (HRESULT : 0x80041201) (0x80041201). Repeats twice in event viewer.

Don't know what the drive errors are about. I have a Crucial m4 mSATA as my OS drive, a 2nd OCZ Vertex 4 SSD and a 750GB WD Scorpio Black drive. I don't know what the first error means, I don't have any shadow copies. I was going to start up HDTune Pro to check for any errors on my HDD disk and check its health, but when I open the program it tells me "No disks found." Very strange.

EDIT:
I went to Disk management and noticed that I don't have a Disk 3. C: is Disk 0, and Disks 1 and 2 are my Vertex 4 and WD Scorpio drives. Then I rememberd I plugged in my external to a usb 3.0 port today. I just plugged it in, and it shows up as disk 3.

If that's the case, then it's a USB controller error? Don't see how an external hard drive error could be affecting Windows Explorer. I was told I may have a bad motherboard if it's a controller issue, but I'm not 100% sure if that's the case. My Windows installation may be corrupt. That DLLHost.exe application error looks pretty ominous.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/317542-windows-explorer-freezing-weird-behavior-well-other-issues.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Tech Support Guy freezing and Vista Windows program issues internet System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Windows Vista internet and program freezing issues Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc G F Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled I have had this laptop - years and for the last year or so am having a lot of trouble I have saved all my photos and music on a thumb drive All I did was send the files to two gb Transcend flash drives Is that sufficient Windows Vista internet and program freezing issues There is an option to sync the music to my flash drive I am not sure Windows Vista internet and program freezing issues which is better Sometimes weeks would go by and it was tolerable but for the past week or two programs stop responding and the computer completely freezes Task manager wont even prompt I will then hold the power button down until shutdown Also I don t remember having as much problems watching videos on Youtube or Hulu as I am right now I even upgraded my internet speed because I thought that was the problem before I have ran all the scans with Norton s and came up with nothing Could there be something hiding it s not seeing or is it possible I need to upgrade my computer I have restored my computer to factory default times in the last year or two I don t have dates Both times it seems my computer has gotten gradually slower The last days have been the worst I am not sure if I am not managing my startups right I may be running things that don t need to be ran I am sure there are programs on my computer that can be deleted but I am not sure on which ones nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-internet-and-program-freezing-issues.1074514/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys DELL Inspiron ONE Computer Intel Core i GHz -Bit Windows Professional GB RAM HDD GB Computer is months old A brief summary of my issues for the past months Freezing Started to throw up Blue and Black screens on the odd occasion Didn't matter what I was doing I reformatted it a month and a half ago and the screens stopped But every so Windows Computer and MBR, Issues Freezing Boot Sector 7 often the computer would freeze restart and then I would get Disk Read Error or Please insert a bootable device After several restarts with my Windows Disc eventually a blue screen would appear saying BCD error etc I would Windows 7 Computer MBR, Boot Sector and Freezing Issues restart again with my Windows Disc it would detect the startup issue but say it couldn't repair it and then when I would restart it would log in normally It was like tic and toe Days would go by without any issues then the booting issues would start and I would muck around for minutes with the Windows Disc to get it to boot again Yesterday was a change My computer would boot to the BIOS screen Windows 7 Computer MBR, Boot Sector and Freezing Issues and then it would give me a black screen And it did that no matter how many times I restarted So I tried the Windows Disc As usual couldn't repair the startup issues Couldn't load a System Restore image so I was left with Command Prompt Ran the fix mbr bcd commands which it said it did successfully but that made no difference Then I tried to repair the BCD And this is where some more issues came up I got lots of errors saying Can't copy boot files needed and Can't make selected partition active So I reformatted the computer again Was going well this morning until I restarted and it gave me a few black screens Eventually I got to the password screen where it said Remote server issue After restarting I finally got back into Windows I ran a disk check which found no faulty sectors Would appreciate some guidance as to how best to address investigate this series of issues I have a feeling it is hard drive related but a bit puzzled as to why its fine until I restart or if it freezes Not sure how to further investigate it as the BIOS and Windows checks report that the HDD is fine Thanks

A:Windows 7 Computer MBR, Boot Sector and Freezing Issues

Is the Dell AIO still under warranty? This makes me think that it's generally a motherboard (controller, video chipset) problem or a poorly designed hardware setup IMO. Searching online for Dell AIO models (including other brands) would reveal some frustations on some users.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588987/windows-7-computer-mbr-boot-sector-and-freezing-issues/
Relevancy 49.45%

I just bought my yoga 12 thinkpad with windows 10 and the mouse has just stopped working/disappears. i have tried messing with the drivers, and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the Point Device Driver from Synoptics multiple times. Its giving me a code 10 on the driver (I believe meaning it can't talk to the rest of the computer) and everytime I try to update the drivers nothing happens (i think because I just downloaded the driver off the website). Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks,  Patrick

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-S-Series-ThinkPad-Yoga/Thinkpad-yoga-12-Windows-10-Mouse-issues/td-p/3437946
Relevancy 49.45%

My mouse has been acting up for a few days with 2-finger scrolling. As of today it does not work and I recently checked to notice that the Synaptic Driver is not installed. There is also no tab for mice in my device manager. After downloading the driver from the Synaptic website and from the Lenovo product site, I ran the .exe file and went through the installation wizard, at the end of the installation I was told that the Synaptic Driver "Install failed". I have googled many things and have had no luck. ??

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Mouse-Driver-Issues-Windows-8-1/td-p/3388279
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi i recently have issues windows x64 vista explorer/mouse built my own computer and it has been windows vista x64 explorer/mouse issues running fine Ive been using a trial of vista ultimate windows vista x64 explorer/mouse issues i downloaded and for around weeks i have had no problems But now when i try and use my mouse in the windows explorer left click does not work on any of the windows it works on my desktop items I have to open up task manager and close my explorer exe using my keyboard then close that taskmanager Once i do that my mouse works So once it is working i open up another task manager and start explorer up once again and it usually works for a bit thats how i am typing right now Anyone have any advice Im not running an overclock i have all my drivers i even tried the drivers that came with the mouse Lol yes installing mouse drivers Ive installed all windows updates running core i Have gigs of ram Its really making me angry i even re installed windows like minutes ago

A:windows vista x64 explorer/mouse issues

p.s. ........ I dont know if its just this copy of windows im using or just vista x64 ultimate in general. i have not tried 32 bit vista, or xp.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-vista-x64-explorer-mouse-issues-412384.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Installed windows 7 and now I cant run Wow, the cursor wont move on load up, have tried most everything, current drivers tried compatible change in windows to older run, and still no help.

A:Issues with the mouse working in Wow after install of windows 7

try a different mouse or a different port

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-with-the-mouse-working-in-wow-after-install-of-windows-7.871704/
Relevancy 49.02%

Microsoft is investigating freezing issues on PCs after Windows Anniversary Update Last week we reported that several users are experiencing freezing issues on their PCs after the Windows Anniversary Update This usually involved a system freeze after logging in which rendered the device unresponsive Several of our readers confirmed that they were experiencing the same issue on different devices and configurations as well but had been Anniversary investigating Microsoft issues 10 is Windows PCs after freezing on Update unable to discover a universal fix Now Microsoft has acknowledged Microsoft is investigating freezing issues on PCs after Windows 10 Anniversary Update the issue stating that the company has received a quot small number of reports quot and has confirmed that it is currently investigating the reason behind the problem as it works on a fix According to Microsoft Forum Moderator Basith M the company is aware that users are experiencing freezing issues on PCs after the Windows Anniversary Update However the moderator mentioned that the problem plagues only those with the operating system installed on solid-state drives SSDs with apps and data downloaded on separate Microsoft is investigating freezing issues on PCs after Windows 10 Anniversary Update drives Basith also went on to say that if users sign in to Windows in Safe Mode the issue does not occur While Microsoft works on a fix for the problem Basith has suggested a temporary workaround for users asking them to start their PCs in Safe Mode and then to transfer apps and data to the same storage device as the operating system The moderator has also stated that another alternative is to roll back to the previous version of Windows but has noted that if it s already been ten days since you upgraded to Windows Anniversary Update you won t be able to do this If this is the case Microsoft has advised users to follow one of the following procedures Method Using the Recovery Console Restart your PC When you get to the sign-in screen hold the Shift key down while you select Power gt Restart After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen select Troubleshoot gt Advanced Options gt Go back to the previous build If you don t see this option try Method Method Using the Settings app from Safe Mode Restart your PC When you get to the sign-in screen hold the Shift key down while you select Power gt Restart After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen select Troubleshoot gt Advanced options gt Startup Settings gt Restart After your PC restarts you ll see a list of options Select or F to start your PC in Safe Mode Open the Settings app Select Update amp security and then the Recovery tab Under Go back to an earlier build click the Get started button and follow the instructions As Microsoft investigates the root causes of the freezing issues it has suggested interested users to subscribe to the relevant thread for updates on the company s progress Source Microsoft via SoftpediaClick to expand nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-is-investigating-freezing-issues-on-pcs-after-windows-10-anniversary-update.62402/
Relevancy 49.02%

Cannot always use the mouse to click between different windows of Firefox unless I alt-tab first The problem resumes shortly later I cannot resize the windows either or minimize close anything those icons do not light up I can still scroll and otherwise do anything within the active window mouse? other cannot and to click windows, Firefox change issues Cannot use the mouse to select text in a drop down list in Firefox Dragging icons on my desktop fails to move them either to a different part of the screen or into a folder icon or open Firefox cannot click to change windows, and other mouse? issues folder window I have run one full system scan with Avast but it found nothing The only two things I did recently was grab an old mouse to use the mousewheel and it updated the driver Firefox cannot click to change windows, and other mouse? issues and I have two mice on at once I just pulled out the other mouse and am using my Logitech marble trackball mouse the driver of which I just updated Also I went to a website and made two downloads Masseffectsaves com

A:Firefox cannot click to change windows, and other mouse? issues

This is not a problem about which I recall seeing any traffic, so the following link, which is usually the best advice for starting to diagnose and solve Firefox problems may not be applicable. Nonetheless, I advise you to start with this information, which may assist you:

Standard diagnostic - Firefox - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/292439-firefox-cannot-click-change-windows-other-mouse-issues.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My computer must have received a new Windows Update last night This morning it asked me to reboot After boot the keyboard and mouse do not work once Windows has booted Also RDP results in a black issues last keyboard, and RDP Update Windows night, mouse screen and getting disconnected after a short while Windows Update last night, keyboard, mouse and RDP issues The keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS however as soon as Windows posts they disconnect Prior to reboot the keyboard and mouse were working fine What doesn't make sense is that issue persists after both a system restore and a system image restore System - Dell XPS years old i - Ghz GB RAM Windows Pro Downloaded via my tech net subscription What I've tried - Different USB ports System Restore System Image Restore Safe Mode - Still no keyboard mouse etc Different keyboard mouse Remote Desktop black screen - Yes system was configured for RDP logged in daily to it I don't get it Keyboard and mouse work fine in BIOS and booting off of Windows DVD This issues resulted after an update was applied However doing a system image restore to over a week ago should have circumvented the update being applied At a loss I work in IT though haven't done desktop support in years So maybe my skills are rusty however I have never seen this issue before

A:Windows Update last night, keyboard, mouse and RDP issues

I have same problem on 4 computers. This AM put an HP desktop back on line after a number of weeks off line (disconnected from all inputs).

Worked great (Windows 8.0) until I received notice updates were waiting. On completion and reboot, keyboard did does not respond after Windows takes control keyboard is inoperative. Items residing on desktop will not open after double click. Help,,,using a borrowed notebook w/Win 7 installed.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/25320-windows-update-last-night-keyboard-mouse-rdp-issues.html
Relevancy 49.02%

It started about two weeks ago when I tried out a second USB mouse and Solved: - Windows Handed Left Mouse Issues 7 since then my mouse began resetting the buttons to the standard for right-handed people They set back to left-handed whenever I unplugged and replugged my mouse but the problem kept getting progressively worse Solved: Windows 7 - Left Handed Mouse Issues to the point where I was unplugging and replugging every two minutes or so I tried to do a system restore a few days ago when the problem reached that point but the furthest Solved: Windows 7 - Left Handed Mouse Issues I could restore was back five days so that failed to fix the problem Today my mouse was lagging and fully stopped working at points so I went into my mouse settings and uninstalled all the drivers in hopes that when I replugged my mouse it would reinstall everything Solved: Windows 7 - Left Handed Mouse Issues Now my mouse is fully right-handed and for the life of me I can t change it back I also can t System Restore because my computer happened to do an update RIGHT AFTER An update that deleted my previous Restore Points These problems are driving me nuts and are incredibly inconvenient I don t have time to do a back-up of my whole system and reformat seeing as I have to leave on Friday But there are still things I want to do before then and I want to do it with a computer that isn t driving me up the wall I d also like to come back to a working mouse Any information you guys require I will be happy to provide to the best of my ability Thank you - Something Else nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 - Left Handed Mouse Issues

I would go to the Vendor site and see if there are Updated drivers for your Mouse and give that a try.
When you said you tried a second mouse, did you go to your Control panel to double check to see if you now have 2 mouses (MICE ) now installed?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-left-handed-mouse-issues.974121/
Relevancy 49.02%

Greetings In I purchased a brand new Windows Toshiba Satellite laptop and for over months I was not having any issues with it I moved up to Alaska and in late February or early March of this year an update started causing problems I play online games Lord of the Rings Online in particular and in-game my camera ends up spinning or I get clicked out of the Issues/Auto-clicking External 8.1 Mouse Windows chat line box while trying to say something Also having problems outside the game Recently I found out Windows 8.1 External Mouse Issues/Auto-clicking that the problem is most definitely with Windows because my boyfriends' Windows 8.1 External Mouse Issues/Auto-clicking grandmother's Windows 8.1 External Mouse Issues/Auto-clicking computer is doing the exact same thing on her desktop with Windows external mouse plugged in I am very much in need of some advice of when that update was released so that I can isolate delete it myself or get affordable help in getting it fixed so that I no longer have problems Although the issues in game are extremely annoying the big problem is because it messes me up when I am doing documents I am a student online so being able to get my assignments completed on time without serious errors is very important for me to pass my classes Any help will be very much appreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/54445-windows-8-1-external-mouse-issues-auto-clicking.html
Relevancy 48.59%

This is really starting to annoy the hell out of me I just picked up a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse the Notebook mouse to be exact for my home entertainment center I have my PC ran to a monitor and a inch Samsung LED LCD TV for watching movies etc The problem is the HDMI cord is run threw the wall so the PC is in another room so I cant use the normal mouse on the PC I bought a bluetooth mouse due to the increased range but I'm having nothing but with mouse. 5000 Notebook Bluetooth Microsoft Issues Mouse issues I have the Microsoft Bluetooth dongle btw didn't come with the mouse the mouse actually comes with no dongle Anyway it connects fine but if I stop using it for like an hour or whatever it disconnects and nothing I do will reconnect it unless I take my other mouse go into bluetooth devices delete it and readd it all over again WHY THE HELL does it keep doing this lol It's very annoying I sit down to watch a movie and discover I cant start it without first going into the other room and readding my mouse I'm well within range and I've tried moving the bluetooth mouse to the same room as the PC to use it with the PC and it still does the same thing Help

A:Issues with Bluetooth mouse. Microsoft Notebook Mouse 5000

Quote: Originally Posted by kdogg

This is really starting to annoy the hell out of me. I just picked up a Microsoft Bluetooth mouse, the Notebook 5000 mouse to be exact for my home entertainment center.

I have my PC ran to a monitor and a 55 inch Samsung LED LCD TV for watching movies etc. The problem is, the HDMI cord is run threw the wall so the PC is in another room so I cant use the normal mouse on the PC. I bought a bluetooth mouse due to the increased range but I'm having nothing but issues.

I have the Microsoft Bluetooth dongle btw, didn't come with the mouse, the mouse actually comes with no dongle.

Anyway it connects fine but if I stop using it for like an hour or whatever it disconnects and nothing I do will reconnect it unless I take my other mouse, go into bluetooth devices, delete it and readd it all over again.

WHY THE HELL does it keep doing this lol?

It's very annoying, I sit down to watch a movie and discover I cant start it without first going into the other room and readding my mouse.

I'm well within range and I've tried moving the bluetooth mouse to the same room as the PC to use it with the PC and it still does the same thing.

Help?

It's your dongle. I have the same mouse and it works absolutely fine. I'll bet you have the USB option set to power the dongle down when unused. How's the radio in the mouse supposed to wake up a sleeping dongle?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/107627-issues-bluetooth-mouse-microsoft-notebook-mouse-5000-a.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Microsoft admitted there's a problem with the Anniversary update for some computers. Microsoft says it's looking into a permanent solution for the problem, but in the meantime, has offered a temporary fix
mspoweruser.com/.../

A:Microsoft confirms freezing issues after upgrading to Windows 10 Anniversary Update

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19988831
Relevancy 48.59%

I do not want to type down wrong assumptions. Please ask questions and I will answer to the best of my abilities. I hope we can trouble-shoot this.

A:Clean installed Windows 10. 2 major issues persist. 1.Freezing. 2.My computer sh

Please describe what is happening.Please wait until the system freezes, then recover and immediately generate these 2 reports: Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:Report Set #1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be experiencing BSOD's) so that we can provide a complete analysis: (from the pinned topic at the top of the forum)   http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/FYI - I don't often use the Perfmon report, so if it doesn't work please just let me know.NOTE:Please zip up the (.ZIP) files - do not use .RAR or other compression utilities. .ZIP is the type file that can be uploaded to the forums.Report Set #2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  SpeedFan v. 4.5.1 and later (free from here:  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php ) can log temperatures in a CSV file:You may not need to log temps - if uncertain, please ask.To make it work (log the temps to a file) you have to do BOTH of the below:1. Enable logging in general: Configure...Log...check "Enabled" then click on OK to save.2. Enable logging for specific checks: Configure...Temperatures..left click on each sensor, then click on "Logged" at the bottom of the Window (for our purposes we want them all) then once you've selected "Logged" for all sensors, then click on OK to save.The log will be located at C:\Program Files (x86)\SpeedFanNaming: log files are named SFLogYYYYMMDD.csv, where YYYY is the year (four digits), MM is the month (2 digits, zero padded) and DD is the day (2 digits, zero padded). If a file already exists by that name, the file that already exists is renamed according to the following naming scheme: SFLogYYYYMMDD-CCCC.csv, where CCCC is a increasing number. The new file is then created with the standard file name scheme.Notes: whenever you change the options related with logging, SpeedFan starts a new log file.NOTE:You may want to turn logging off when we're done - as I don't know it's impact on performance or on the system. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628238/clean-installed-windows-10-2-major-issues-persist-1freezing-2my-computer-sh/
Relevancy 48.59%

I do not want to type down wrong assumptions. Please ask questions and I will answer to the best of my abilities. I hope we can trouble-shoot this.

A:Clean installed Windows 10. 2 major issues persist. 1.Freezing. 2.My computer sh

We cannot troubleshoot without details...Kinda like "my car is making noise"...

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,158349.0.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone I just purchased a new Alienware PC pointer with issues Mouse new Alienware Mouse Aurora and it is just fantastic My only little problem is that I am having a weird issue I can t seem to find an answer for online When I boot my PC everything is working perfectly fine like it should However whenever I access a website or program that makes the screen flash my mouse pointer dissapears It will then reappear as little lines with no mouse pointer visible It is a pain to navigate the computer this way until I go to a web page or program and the mouse pointer comes back Please let me know if there s anything I can do to correct this My setup is a Intel Core I QC Ghz MB Cache Windows bit Dual ATI Mouse pointer issues with new Alienware Aurora Mouse Radeon HD with crossfire enabled The mouse that I Mouse pointer issues with new Alienware Aurora Mouse am using is a Razer Deathadder and I connected to through HDMI to a inc Vizio P LCD television nbsp

A:Mouse pointer issues with new Alienware Aurora Mouse

I'm not sure if this will help, go to your Mouse settings in Control Panel and turn on the "mouse trail" set it to the minimal that it will go to. Try and get the screen flash+mouse disappear to happen and see if it goes away.

This is however NOT a fix if it does work.. I use to play Battlefield 2 and half the time my mouse would disappear "behind the screen" as if there was no mouse there, but I could click things. Turning on the trail displayed the mouse but it was really aggravating and a little hard on the eyes..

Like I said it is not a fix. What do you mean though about a webpage/program that loads and makes the screen flash, like, it changes resolutions to accommodate for the program?

If it is that then I see this either being a video or monitor issue.. Maybe try changing the screen refresh rate, or the bit colour? I haven't had this issue in a long time so I can not play around with it to try.

One last thing you can try is, there is also a setting where the Mouse Pointer Trail is enabled that says to hide the mouse when you type, try disabling this and see if it helps? I doubt this will fix the issue but you never know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-pointer-issues-with-new-alienware-aurora-mouse.161306/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi guys I have a Dell Inspiron gb bit Windows Vista home premium First issue The system would freeze and flash and turn off at the slightest flick such as a slight tap on the keyboard Second issue I took it apart for a clean and thermal paste renewal once I put it all together I tested it and still the exact same but now it s developed a NEW problem I ran it all night without an issue the next morning I turned it on and there was a problem The screen wouldn t turn on no back lights not even the slightest and Inspiron Windows / / Screen Dell freezing vista issues 1750 system suggestion the screen was on Completely dead I took the power button section out turned it on worked perfectly put it back on back to square one Then I Dell Inspiron 1750 / Windows vista / Screen and system freezing issues removed the keyboard plastic surrounding and it worked fine then put it all back together and same problem It s completely free from any virus The laptop is using a w charger when it should be using a w charger not my laptop I ve received the follow message a few times quot timer chip counter failed quot Explanations The screen is my main issue at the moment it s on with no pressure then off with pressure Thanks for your time Abz nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-inspiron-1750-windows-vista-screen-and-system-freezing-issues.1062606/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there This is my second computer that I am having problems with This computer seemingly has more of an issue than my other computer in that I cannot run the GMER program at all I can t run the DDS application it freezes my computer everytime issues/No (Freezing etc) Can't run DDS, GMER, Serious internet/ 2] Issues [Computer The only thing I can do is run the defogger There is some kind of worm virus malware that is causing my system to run inefficiently and with such poor performance as the computer just started acting up I checked my PC usage and it was at which is extrememly abnormal Also anytime I open internet explorer it freezes and has to be shut down and reopened just for the same thing to happen Same with Chrome I don t know what to do since the DDS freezes everytime I try to run it the black screen appearing to be working but never producing any logs and freezing the computer and the GMER isn t working either I am typing this from my other computer because the infected PC has the above mentioned browser internet issues I ran antimalware bytes and it said there were no infections found I ll include the log also I have AVG for my antivirus It is noteworthy to say that the desktop Icons are present but do NOT work I can t click them half the time I ll have to use the start computer etc buttons to get to use the shortcuts Please post ANY help it is greatly appreciated

A:Serious Issues (Freezing issues/No internet/ Can't run DDS, GMER, etc) [Computer 2]

Hello , And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.I will be working on your malware issues, this may or may not solve other issues you may have with your machine.Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only and by no means should be used on another computer.The cleaning process is not instant. Logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen. Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic. The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.If you have already posted a log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Please download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the Quick Scan button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTListIt.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimizedPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note - if you get the following warning, just ignore: "Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"Click on Cancel, then Accept.-------------------------------------------------------------In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problemIf you still need help, please include the following in your next replyA detailed description of your problemsA new OTL log (don't forget extra.txt)RKU logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368452/serious-issues-freezing-issuesno-internet-cant-run-dds-gmer-etc-computer-2/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi I have a Logitech G and have had trouble finding a suitable mousemat for it I first purchased a Razer eXactMat but I found that after a few months with it the mouse skates wore down terribly so that the mouse was actually touching the mouse mat I sent away for a new logitech G as issues? :/ Mouse/Mouse compatibility Mat I was Mouse/Mouse Mat compatibility issues? :/ unable to find replacement skates Therefore I decided to buy a soft mouse pad so that the new mouse skates wouldn t be ruined I purchased the Steelseries Qck Mini which served me no better than the razer Mouse/Mouse Mat compatibility issues? :/ The mouse was not damaged by using it but the mouse has tracking problems when it is used For example it is impossible to move the mouse in a straight line as the laser isn t touching a smooth surface this is my attempt at drawing a straight line on paint Which is at a low sensitivity when I increase the sensitivity the problem is exacerbated Furthermore the mouse mat is unable to sense quick movements For example if I move the mouse from one side to the other really quickly it only travels roughly half the distance of when I move the mouse slowly from one side to the other The problem is not down to my mouse as it works perfectly on the wood table surface I am now considering purchasing a third mouse mat but I really do not know which one to get Very sorry for the long post any help would be greatly appreciated -UNR ALXV nbsp

Relevancy 44.72%

Heyall,i`ve got a freezing mouse and am thinking it may need to be re-installed.Any ideas or should the mouse be re-installed(by what method) or maybe a driver update .I can`t see replacing it as it is a new system.................tank ya !

Relevancy 44.72%

My mouse pad has a problem of freezing periodically. This isn't a problem with the mouse pad disable button. You know, the button you double tap to turn the mouse pad off? Yeah that's not the problem here. I am a Computer Science undergrad student and am very good with computers. I have issues where I'll be using my mouse pad and it will randomally freeze and not respond to me touching it. The physically mouse buttons work, the pad is what's freezing. Sometimes it fixes itself after a few seconds to a few minutes. Sometimes I need to restart the laptop. Restarting always works. Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Mouse-pad-keeps-freezing/td-p/5802775
Relevancy 44.72%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 16366 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 462936 MB, Free - 256602 MB; D: Total - 14000 MB, Free - 6966 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0Y2MRG
Antivirus: McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware, Updated and Enabled

For the past month, my Dell mouse has been pausing and restarting randomly and frequently. I got tired of hearing the disconnect sound and I turned it off. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse driver, have looked for updated drivers (none), have checked CPU usage (low) and still, the pause. I saw an older discussion on this topic (2012) which is now closed. Any updates on this problem would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:Mouse freezing up

Have you considered that the mouse is simply faulty? Try another mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing-up.1102876/
Relevancy 44.72%

Every once in awhile my mouse freezes in movement.

This is very aggravating. On occasion my keyboard does the same.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A:Why does mouse keep freezing?

Here is some canned pre-typed information to look at while you await for other suggestions

http://inquirer.philly.com/newsroom/faq/pages/fdb7df9-37.html

Lots of things can bring about mouse freezes: Insufficient memory. Bad drivers. Program conflicts, among other things. Some possible solutions:

Improve the PC's memory. If your PC doesn't have enough memory, it may temporarily suspend mouse function while the central processing unit takes care of more important things.

Empty the Temporary Internet Files and Temp folders, uninstall programs you no longer need, and delete unwanted files.Empty your Recycle Bin. Then, run ScanDisk and defragment your hard drive. All of that will make it easier for Windows to create a good swap file, which Windows uses as auxiliary memory.

Check out your mouse drivers. Your mouse driver may have been corrupted. Reinstall your mouse driver or, better yet, download and install a more recent driver, if one is available.

Check out your video driver. If the freezes occur while Internet Explorer or another graphics-intensive program is running, a balky video driver may be causing the mouse to freeze. Download and install a new video driver. To do so, visit the Web site maintained by the maker of your video card or computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-does-mouse-keep-freezing.198150/
Relevancy 44.72%

My mouse keeps randomly freezing. Its an microsoft opitical usb mouse. It starts workin after i replug it. Also sometimes its starts shooting up and down my screen and click on things somketimes closing programs.

A:Mouse freezing

i was wondering if there is either a problem with the usb port or the mouse

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.193822/
Relevancy 44.72%

This is possibly the strangest problem I've ever had!
From time to time my pointer freezes. Not for any particular reason (notably after running Norton but I dont think thats relevant). The mouse, however, can still select things and highlights when it scrolls over buttons etc. So its functioning other than the little picture of the arrow isnt moving. Similarly, when I play Rome Total War the mouse leaves ghosts of itself on the screen that dont go away. i.e. there are loads of pictures of where the pointer has been all over the screen. It cant be the mouse as I just installed a brand new one to try and redress this. Also my Graphics card is only a couple of months old. Dont have a clue! Any help would be appreciated.

Specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon XP 1800+
Hard Drive- Maxtor 6Y080L0
Graphics- NVIDIA Geforce 6800 GS
Mouse- Logitech

A:Mouse Freezing

Could be a process in behind running......what Ram do you have?

Check your running processes in the task manager and also see if you actually need that process running.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.510379/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hey.

My laptop's starting to act up again =(
This time its the laptop mouse - it keeps freezing up or clicking random things. Sometimes it goes away completely and comes back again randomly...
I tried everything to fix this but keep coming at a dead end.

Any ideas?

A:Mouse Freezing up

What kind of mouse do you have, Dagurl92? Is it built in or free-standing?

A couple of thoughts come to mind: Have you taken a look at your mouse settings/options? Also, is there a new(er) mouse driver available, that you could download?

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/285566-mouse-freezing-up.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,
I've got a IBM PII-450 that I upgraded from Win98se to Win2000 Pro. I did all the windows updates and everything worked fine. I installed a DVD burner on it about two weeks ago and it seemed fine, but now after about 15 min. of running, if I go to surf or even when I'm using Word the mouse will stop working. Everything else works so I'm able to use keystrokes to move around to re-boot. I've tried two different mouse both PS/2 and Optical with the same results. If anyone have a clue and could help me, I would greatly appreciate it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing-win-2k-help.324393/
Relevancy 44.72%

When I log in, my mouse moves the cursor only p and down ; not side to side. This eases after I have (eventually) got into my ISP then mailbox. I've cleaned the mouse and run all the usual malware/virus checks. No change. My ISP (aol) says it's nothing to do with them.

any ideas?

In particular, is there a way to use the up and downb arrows instead of the mouse?

wordswort

Grab another mouse to get a better idea where to look.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.643184/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a Razer Diamondback gaming mouse and just recently out of random it started freezing while I was playing in-game (happens also when out of game).

At first it only froze for like a second then worked again (every ~10 min).. now it totally freezes every 20 mins or so and I have to unplug then plug-in the mouse (usb) and it starts working again!!!

I've updated it with the latest driver and still no fix.

Any ideas???
(including having to call Razor and getting a new mouse?)
Please help!!!

Thanks

A:Mouse keeps freezing!!!!

Can you try another USB mouse?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-keeps-freezing.643473/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have a ps/2 mouse connected which freezes anywhere, anytime, in any software but there is still some life. The pointer wont move but highlights on a dropdown menu will still move up/down as I move the mouse. Keyboard still works fine during mouse freeze. A reboot normalises everything until next freeze. I have tried - reducing hardware acceleration, installed a memory manager, a DOS mouse driver (still freezes), different ports for the mouse, swopping mouses - still no luck. My system is as follows: Mouse on COM1 and IRQ4. ST-KTVAE M/Board. AMD 1.2ghz Thunderbird CPU, 256MB RAM, S3 Savage 8MB Video Card, 40GB HD, Running WIndows 98.
Can anybody help please?

Most likely you have to much in your startup using all your resourses up... Try taking some things out of the startup menu by going to start/run/ msconfig/startup & unchecking the items not needed to load at bootup.
If that doesn't help you may want to run Ad-aware for spyware.
if you don't have ad aware it can be downloaded free at http://www.lavasoftusa.com
Savvy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.60923/
Relevancy 44.72%

Have just bought a new computer 1ghz Athlon running windows ME for my brother.

The problem is that he has two mice - both new. One has a wheel thingy and the other doesn't. When he uses the one with the wheel thing - the machine works fine for a while then everything freezes and the mouse doesn't work. It can only be cured by turning the machine off. This doesn't happen when he uses the other mouse and the drivers he's using all seem to be right...any ideas anyone???

Steven

A:Mouse keeps freezing

Have him look for updated mouse drivers for ME.....depending on what brand mouse it is, I think there is one Logitech in particular that doesn't like ME.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-keeps-freezing.54321/
Relevancy 44.72%

My mouse keeps freezing in every program and internet location. Pressing ctrl and alt together unfreezes it for awhile but it is happening every 20 seconds now. Anyone have any ideas

A:My mouse keeps freezing

is it a mechanical mouse (ball mouse) or is it an optical mouse?

Is it corded or wireless?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-mouse-keeps-freezing.633251/
Relevancy 44.72%

help!
My computer freezes/stops loading/thinking if I am not moving the mouse. I'm not talking about after an extended length of time either, seconds is all it takes. I do not have a screen saver set up, so it's not timing out. It is a wireless mouse, I am running Windows 7, and primarily use Firefox and Explorer. I tried Spybot, that didn't work... I don't know what else you may need to know. But if you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

A:freezing + mouse

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-mouse.1112491/
Relevancy 44.72%

I'm sure this is a common problem for all pc users but I'm curious about it for it is happening a lot to me as of late.

Is there a specific reason for, way to prevent or even way of minimizing the freezing up of my mouse cursor and hence my operating system?

Or is this just a necessary evil of using pcs?

I have a Dell 4550 with XP.

About 6 years old.

Read here on mouse freezes: http://inquirer.philly.com/newsroom/faq/pages/fdb7df9-37.html

Update all your drivers here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic100658.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-freezing.115205/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi all, my sis TooToby is having a strange problem..
shortly after booting, her mouse slowly tracks to the top center of her screen and then freezes, not just the mouse, the whole PC freezes, this problem started a few weeks ago, but was intermittent, now however, she can only navigate for a short time.

This sounds like a virus or trojan issue to me, she uses AVG and it's updated, shows clear, she also has updated spybot, also clear ! The PC is a Gateway 450MHZ Win 98SE... anyone have any ideas...Rhett (she would have posted herself, but her pc is freezing up to fast)

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I have an Advent 7201 laptop and recently the 3 USB ports have stopped working. 2 show no signs of life while the 3rd one says the device is unknown and wont work properly whatever I plug into it. I have tried updating the drivers but I cant seem to find any newer ones than the ones that were installed. Is it likely they are dead or are being corrupted by something else.
I have run anti-virus checks and spyware scans that show up no problems.
Also from time to time the mouse freezes and I have to restart the laptop to get it going again - Is it possible these are linked ??

Would be grateful for any advice - thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-usbs-and-mouse-freezing.984747/
Relevancy 44.72%

I need help! This started happening today... my mouse is working fine but all of a sudden it will freeze I've tried changing the batteries but that didn't help it happens even when I have full battery and perfect connection! Help! What do I do?

A:Freezing Mouse!

Test with a different mouse. That will determine if you have a mouse or PC issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freezing-mouse.1054080/
Relevancy 44.72%

My operating system is Windows 7 I have been having a problem for the last 3 weeks with my mouse freezing up and unable to escape using Ctrl/Alt/Delete.
I am having to re-boot each time.
I am using a wireless keyboard and mouse and have tried using another keyboard and mouse but it stil happens.
Sometimes it will go all day with only 1 freezeup, other times it happens after a couple of hours.
Would some kind person advise me on the next steps to take?

Hi techie24 and welcome to TSF.

Right click on My Computer and select 'Manage'. Then in the next window choose Device Manager. In Device Manager check to see if there are any warnings about next to 'Mice and other Pointing Devices' or anywhere else.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-freezing-up-562424.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Sometimes (not all the time), whenever I boot up my computer and it soon comes to the desktop. I open up Internet Explorer or Mozilla firefox and I can still move the mouse. Well, whenever I click the Adress Bar, my mouse soon freezes and I can't do anything.

Does anyone know the cause of this? Sometimes if I wait about 30 seconds before I load up Internet explorer, it won't freeze.

A:Freezing Mouse

Try reinstalling the mouse's drivers. You can get the most updated drivers at mouse's manufacturers website, under Support or Download.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/80168/freezing-mouse/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi All Can someone please help my touchpad mouse keeps freezing up or reacting really slow I have spyware adware AVg and Reg Cure installed Here is acopy pf my HJ file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v BETA Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS Mouse Freezing System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS Mouse Freezing system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files HPQ SHARED HPQWMI exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgw exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Stuart Wilson My Documents Unzipped HiJackThis v HiJackThis v exe c progra common instal update isuspm exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService agent exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk red clientapps yahoo com customize btyahoo defaults su http uk search yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - B DE- C - BF-B B- B F A E - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyside dll O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo common yiesrvc dll O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C Program Files Yahoo common YIeTagBm dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO SidebarAutoLaunch Class - F AA - - -B C -A CCDF CBF D - C Program Files Yahoo browser YSidebarIEBHO dll O - Toolbar HP view - B E - D D- DEB- B - D BCF F - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HPDTLK dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run LSBWatcher c hp drivers hplsbwatcher lsburnwatcher exe O - HKLM Run ISUSScheduler quot C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe quot -start O - HKLM Run ISUSPM Startup C PROGRA COMMON INSTAL UPDATE ISUSPM exe -startup O - HKLM Run HP Software Update C Program Files Hp HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe O - HKLM Run EPSON Stylus C Series C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X E S I R EXE P quot EPSON Stylus C Series quot O quot USB quot M quot Stylus C quot O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - H... Read more

You have a LOAD of stuff installed/starting that isn't needed. But that's your choice.

You do have at least three updaters, and these:

c:\progra~1\common~1\instal~1\update~1\isuspm.exe

C:\Program Files\ CommonFiles\ InstallShield\ UpdateService\ agent.exe

have been found to cause some problems such as high cpu usage continuously. May be a conflict situation.

I suggest you send Howard Hopkinson a PM and get this transferred to the Security section and have him review it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-freezing.76894/
Relevancy 44.72%

I am running Windows XP on an HP laptop. I installed awireless router last week. Don't know if this is related, but my mouse and keyboard are freezing up forcing me to reboot. Any suggestions would be great. I have had to reboot nearly 10 times today.

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

Hi There!

Start by trying this:
Run MSCONFIG
Choose "Selective Startup"
UNCHECK "Load Startup Items"

Apply & close, say YES to restart.

When the system comes back up, monitor performance and see if the lockups continue. If they stop, then you'll want to see what in the startup list within MSCONFIG is causing it.
Good Luck!

ST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing-up.153402/
Relevancy 44.72%

I don't know what is causing this but my mouse keeps freezing(USB).It doesn't happen in windows xp and i have tried various nforce drivers for my motherboard.I have to ctrl+alt+delete then go to log off and the cursor moves again.I don't think it should matter but the mouse is an OCZ behemoth.Has anyone else came across this problem? my windows 7 version is the latest RTM.

Cheers

A:Mouse keeps freezing

Fill in your system specs
Are you running the OCZ drivers or generic Windows drivers?
Do you have advanced profiles set up for the mouse?
Does hitting just the ALT 2-4 times make it work again?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/25642-mouse-keeps-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi My XPSP machine's mouse freezes for about seconds and lets go This happens say every minute or so but quite randomly I have tried various mice including USB and PS mice but with no success I even had my memory checked and changed the same but again with no mouse? freezing success I freezing mouse? had noticed a few virus malwares which seemed to be under control with the Avast Home edition However I guess someone should look into my HJT log and let me know if I need to look elsewhere Thank you for your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC freezing mouse? WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC PROGRA Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast setup avast setupC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page https sibernet southindianbank com corp B pType corporateR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS pchealth helpctr Binaries MSCONFIG EXE autoO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip AE F AF- FB - C D- B- C C NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip C BC - B - -A - A CF DD NameServer O - HKLM System CCS Services Tcpip EFCFA B-E - E- - A C EF NameServer O - HKLM System CS Services Tcpip AE F AF- FB - C D- B- C C NameServer O - Service avast iAVS Control Service aswUpdSv - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeO - Service avast Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeO - Service avast Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeO - Service avast Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe--End of file - bytes

A:freezing mouse?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a description of your problem, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below a staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/183455/freezing-mouse/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have Win XP SP2 running on a Dell 3.2 Gh processor with 1024 of secondary memory and lots of hard drive free space.
My mouse freezes witout warning. Sometimes I can go a few hours without it freezing up. Once this happens I can't escape expect by turning the compyter off at the wall.
Any, not too technical, suggestions?
John Larenard

Have you checked your mouse? If you have an optical mouse, I would observe it to make sure that when your computer does freeze that the light is still lit in the mouse. When it freezes next time. Press the "Windows" Key on your keyboard. If the "Start" menu comes up then you know it could be something related to your mouse.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.774124/
Relevancy 44.72%

My operating system is Windows 7 and my computer is a Packard Bell iExtreme.
I have been having a problem for the last 3 weeks with my mouse freezing up and unable to escape using Ctrl/Alt/Delete.
I am having to re-boot each time.
I am using a wireless keyboard and mouse and have tried using another keyboard and mouse but it stil happens.
Sometimes it will go all day with only 1 freezeup, other times it happens after a couple of hours.
Would some kind person advise me on the next steps to take?

A:Mouse Freezing up

Did you try a wired keyboard and mouse? Also, make sure there are fresh (as in just-purchased) batteries in the devices. You can also try uninistalling the device drivers for the mouse and keyboard then reboot and allow Windows to reload them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing-up.988974/
Relevancy 44.72%

On login screen the mouse and keyboard work fine, however after I have logged in, and the desktop is loaded, they both freeze.

Logitech Bluetooth Mouse & Keyboard

Already installed the latest drivers, any ideas?

When you installed the drivers were you logged in under a different profile that the one where you get the freeze? It's a rhetorical question... but it might give you a clue about why this could be happening...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/41506-mouse-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I need some help. I have a fairly new pc with a Val Gear Lazer mouse that i bought 5 months ago. The last few days the mouse will freeze. I can still browse the computer through the keyboard i just cant move my mouse. I have to either restart the computer of pull the plug on the mouse and plug it back in to get it moving again. This happens on any site i visit at various times. I cant figure out what is causing it. I dont know if its the mouse or something on my pc. I have ran adaware, spybot, nortons, did a disc clean up and a scan disc. Not sure what else i should be doing. Anyone have any idea what could be the problem?

Mary-Anne

A:mouse freezing

don't know if this will help but go into device manager and click on your mouse then click on advanced settings when there change the sample rate to a lower number . I had a similar problem my mouse would lock and release I lowered the sample rate from 100 to 80 and haven't seen a problem since (mine is a ps 2 mouse not usb)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing.226721/
Relevancy 44.72%

I have windows Vista Home Basic , my mouse freezes and jumps around

A:freezing mouse

Hello ronda052056

Have you tried a different mouse?

Have you tried cleaning the mouse?

Have you tried reinstalling the driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/freezing-mouse-296764.html
Relevancy 44.72%

From time to time my Freezing Mouse Log for HJT pointer freezes Not for any particular reason notably after running Norton but I dont think thats relevant The mouse however can still select things and highlights when it scrolls over buttons etc So its functioning other than the little picture of the arrow isnt moving Similarly when I play Rome Total War the mouse leaves ghosts of itself on the screen that dont go away i e there are loads of pictures of where the pointer has been all over the screen It cant be the mouse as I just installed a brand new one to try and redress HJT Log for Freezing Mouse this Also my Graphics card is only a couple of months old Dont have a clue Any help HJT Log for Freezing Mouse would be appreciated I was told to post this here in the hope that someone would know what to do Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security NISUM EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Norton Internet Security ccPxySvc exe C WINDOWS System CTSvcCDA EXE C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS System MsPMSPSv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS system CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files D-Tools daemon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Winamp winampa exe C Program Files ATI Multimedia main launchpd exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C Program Files MICROSTAR Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files KLG- Wireless PCI Network Adapter WLANPRO exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Nokia PC Suite for Nokia connmngmntbox exe C PROGRA MI DA BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files Nokia PC Suite for Nokia ectaskscheduler exe C PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT Elogerr exe C Program Files Intuwave Shared mRouterRunTime mRouterRuntime exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT BROADC EXE C PROGRA Nokia PCSUIT SCRFS exe C Program Files MSN Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C HJT HijackThis exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINDOWS UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe Consumer O - HKLM Run saap c program files search-a... Read more

A:HJT Log for Freezing Mouse

Anyone? Ideas? Thoughts? Please?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hjt-log-for-freezing-mouse.510508/
Relevancy 44.72%

Brand new build (about 1 week old) with Windows 7 Professional 64 bit and I get periodic mouse (Intellimouse 2.0 wireless) and keyboard freezes. When it does I have no choice but to use the power button to shut down.

Then on restart if I try a normal start it will just hang at the black starting windows screen. Repair start never finds anything and ultimately I have to use system restore to return it to normal operation.

Tried everything I can think of. It's so sporatic a clean boot is kind of useless. It can go for days with no issues then it just seems to occur out of nowhere, like this morning just opening an email it froze up.

This is getting really old...

A:Another mouse freezing

Do you get system errors around the same time (in event viewer)?
Have you tried different ports? (usb)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/132205-another-mouse-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My first problem is that Windows will randomly freeze up and I end up having to hard reboot my system Windows will also BSOD on me randomly I've read a number of things online about how to fix it but nothing seems to help Also another problem I'm not quite sure how to explain this one I'm not too computer savvy so forgive me if it doesn't make sense Windows seems to quot lag quot from time to time as well I'll move the mouse and it will appear off somewhere else just like how you lag in video games where you would move and appear in other places because the computer can't process it Also during this quot lag quot if there is any audio playing it will quot loop quot The sound will repeat until the quot lag quot spike goes away This will happen about to times within a few seconds and then it will stop Sorry if I made that confusing but that's the best way I know issues. Freezing please! and Help BSoD issues how to describe it If anyone can offer any suggestion on how to fix these two problems I would greatly appreciate it I've included the most recent minidump file and my system specs Processor Information Vendor GenuineIntel Speed Mhz logical processors physical processors HyperThreading Unsupported FCMOV Supported SSE Supported SSE Supported SSSE Supported SSE a Unsupported SSE Unsupported SSE Freezing issues and BSoD issues. Help please! Unsupported Network Information Network Speed Windows Version Windows bit NTFS Supported Video Card Driver NVIDIA GeForce Freezing issues and BSoD issues. Help please! GT DirectX Driver Name nvd dum dll Driver Version DirectX Driver Version Driver Date Jan Desktop Color Depth bits per pixel Monitor Refresh Rate Hz DirectX Card NVIDIA GeForce GT VendorID x de DeviceID x Number of Monitors Number of Logical Video Cards No SLI or Crossfire Detected Primary Display Resolution x Desktop Resolution x Primary Display Size quot x quot quot diag cm x cm cm diag Primary Bus PCI Express x Primary VRAM MB Supported MSAA Modes x x x Sound card Audio device Speakers Realtek High Definiti Memory RAM Mb Miscellaneous UI Language English Microphone Not set Media Type DVD Total Hard Disk Space Available Mb Largest Free Hard Disk Block Mb Steam Hard Disk Usage Mb OS Install Date Dec Installed Packages Firefox Windows Firewall

A:Freezing issues and BSoD issues. Help please!

Hello Welcome to SF,

I guess the issueis with one of the core Windows compenent ndis.sys This problem may occur if you installed the NWLink IPX/SPX/NetBIOS Compatible Transport protocol on your computer and you are using the Driver Verifier Manager to troubleshoot your Ndis.sys driver's Special Pool feature.
Reinstall you display driver and make sure you download them from vendors wensite and NOT from Windows update. Uninstall if your using any third party anitvirus or Firewall see whether that makes any difference. Update you BIOS firmware. If your Overclocking please stop it.

Quote:
Run the Memory Diagnostic & HD Diagnostic

Also i would recommend to run System Integrity Checker
Start > Run > CMD >Right Click and Run as administrator > SFC/ SCANNOW

Probable Cause

Code:
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\ndis.sys
Image name: ndis.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jul 14 04:51:40 2009 (4A5BC184)
CheckSum: 000F0209
ImageSize: 000F2000
File version: 6.1.7600.16385
Product version: 6.1.7600.16385
File flags: 0 (Mask 3F)
File OS: 40004 NT Win32
File type: 3.6 Driver
File date: 00000000.00000000
Translations: 0409.04b0
CompanyName: Microsoft Corporation
ProductName: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
InternalName: NDIS.SYS
OriginalFilename: NDIS.SYS
ProductVersion: 6.1.7600.16385
FileVersion: 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
FileDescription: NDIS 6.20 driver
LegalCopyright: ? Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Description

Code:
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception
Bugcheck Analysis

Code:
FAULTING_IP:
+2d0952f00cfdfdc
00000000`00000000 ?? ???
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000
EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000000000000
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
PROCESS_NAME: System
CURRENT_IRQL: 2
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 7
SYMBOL_NAME: ndis!ndisInsertInWorkQueue+72
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: ndis
IMAGE_NAME: ndis.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a5bc184
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_ndis!ndisInsertInWorkQueue+72
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_ndis!ndisInsertInWorkQueue+72
Hope this helps,
Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/63273-freezing-issues-bsod-issues-help-please.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm having a big problem with the mouse lately (USB OPTICAL and LASER) they just seem to freeze and then i have to disconnect the usb and connect it back again. It then happens ever so often and its just so annoying.

Could this be a virus/trojan problem as i dont think it is a hardware problem.

please help thanks!!

Relevancy 44.29%

On nd of May in late afternoon I encountered this weird mouse freezing from - second or total mouse failure meaning mouse freezing Random mouse turned off resulting in me having to reconnect the mouse into USB port I use this mouse http int ms-start com ms-industrialnbsp wired-mousenbsp wizard- aspx At the moment I was playing a game called League of Legends but I believe it makes no difference I Random mouse freezing tried various things Changing the USB port didn t help also I tried to switch the keyboard in all of those and it is working perfectly fine and concerning the mouse it doesn t matter in which usb port it is the problem persists Updating the drivers they are up to date Uninstalling them and letting the computer do the work also didn t work Uninstalling Disabling just one of those makes the mouse dead Here Random mouse freezing is the picture http i tinypic com nbx qv png The location of the st one is quot on USB Human Interface Device quot and of the nd one is quot on HID-compliand device quot if it is of any help Also whenever that freeze occurs you can hear a specific sound the computer makes when it recognizes that something is in the USB port or that something USB stick or in this case mouse USB leaves the USB port Those sounds are also at random or at least I couldn t find the difference connection So I ve read that it maybe has something to do with my NVIDIA graphics card I got a NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti version and I tried rollbacking the graphics card but it didn t solve the problem The only two things I didn t do is trying another mouse and trying the current mouse on another computer One more thing to point at is If I am in the Device Manager picture above in the moment the mouse freezes and the computer produces the sound whole list of devices in Device Manager would refresh Also it seems that if I do not move the mouse the freezes including the sound will not occur I ain t sure about that though I also tried this which I found on another forum quot Not sure about the exact phrasing here but basically the part of the mouse where the cord goes into the mouse is glitchy broken As long as the cord was pointing straight away from the mouse or to the right or the mouse would work as normal however if the cord would point to the left from the mouse like so it wouldn t receive any power and act as if i unplugged the mouse So if i move the mouse far enough to the right eventually the cord would get turned to the left enough for this glitch to come into effect and the mouse to stop working quot Reinstalling the OS didn t give any results either I did a system restore before and after formatting the computer also nothing I do have enough of RAM gb physical memory usually doesn t go above - CPU also doesn t go above that Specs CPU Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz RAM GB Display GeForce GTX Ti Approx Total Memory MB Sorry for the long post and I m open to any suggestions since I ve been troubling with this for a lot of hours and I just can t seem to find the problem nbsp

A:Random mouse freezing

RedLobster830 said:

The only two things I didn't do is trying another mouse and trying the current mouse on another computer.

This is exactly what most people would recommend to see if the problem follows the mouse and if the other mice work properly. Mice actually fail quite frequently and cables and connectors break; a damaged cable seems to be what you are describing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-mouse-freezing.1125336/
Relevancy 44.29%

So I'm using the logitec g500 on a 1000 polling rate and for some reason very occasionally while playing csgo my mouse freezes(not my PC, I can still run around) I get no disconnect/reconnect sound from my PC so I'm a bit confused as to what it might be. I read a very vague post by someone saying he had problems at 1000tolling rate because his motherboard couldn't handle it. I have a asus p5kc mobo which granted is pretty old but I can't imagine it should have handling problems with my mouse. Any suggestions? Could it just be a loose wire(my mouse is pretty old now and could be wear and tear) but then I assumed that would trigger the windows disconnect sound.

Thanks in advance

A:Mouse occasionally freezing

This problem is quiet common with a few models of Logitech mice randomly dropping out and being unresponsive. Some of the G series mice have had cables that wear horribly over time. A few G series mice even had this defect from day one so Logitech did some RMA style repairs for some of these. You may want to hit Logitech up and see if they can repair the mouse. If there is a unreasonable repair fee it might just be time to retire the mouse and move to a new one.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/122824-mouse-occasionally-freezing.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello Ealgiros Well so far so good I used a USB cable that came with my scanner and plugged it into my HP DeskJet C printer and tried printing from five different documents and areas and the mouse doesn t freeze I like the non-intrusive approach that you suggested to this problem I just didn t think of using the USB have been to solved Mouse seems freezing port on the printer I still though can t figure out why if indeed this did fix it is what has the Parallel cable connection got to do with the USB serial bus but who cares as long as it works I ll be keeping an eye on it just to make sure Thanks again for your help All Mouse freezing seems to have been solved I ve got to do now is get a faster USB Mouse freezing seems to have been solved controller board to hook up all my other peripherals but that s another day Posting this message here as a new thread just to show that the problem looks like it is solved nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-freezing-seems-to-have-been-solved.442711/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi. The problem initially started with an un-expected BSOD so I re-started using Safe Mode and completed system re-store. Re-booted to normal mode and noted that after 3-4 minutes the mouse on track pad and via USB port would freeze and PC became un-responsive. PC works fine in Safe Mode with networking option selected. I have manually updated device drivers in Device Manager. System is slightly more stable but will freeze again after 30 mins of use. The BSOD occurs infrequently after the mouse freezes. BSOD fault codes are below and zip file is attached.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: deaddead
BCP1: 000000000F00004B
BCP2: 000000000125025B
BCP3: 0000000012A60000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Could you please assist with reviewing codes and suggesting ideas to try ?

Many thanks for your assistance.

Vicarage

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396537-mouse-freezing-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Thinkpad R31 with a 1.3 ghz Celeron processor/256MB RAM, which I've had for about a year. Recently I've been having problems with my USB mouse freezing for a few seconds at a time, and also with audio being stuck and acting wierd.

I went ahead and formatted my computer, since my Internet Explorer was pretty messed up and I had a couple of viruses. After formatting and reinstalling Windows XP, I am still having a problem with the mouse freezing, and with the audio. I bought a new USB mouse, so that's not the problem. I also updated the BIOS to the most recent version and that didn't
help.

I have more RAM on order, but I don't think that's the problem because it worked fine for months the way it is. Any suggestions?

A:Laptop Mouse Freezing

Try turning down the Hardware acceleration

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-mouse-freezing-46433.html
Relevancy 44.29%

My Logitech G5 will random freeze, but stay on, and then it will also turn off for 10 seconds then turn back on. I've tried every USB port and it still does it. I've had Windows 7 for a week and it's been fine, and now this just started randomly. Any help?

A:Mouse freezing and turning off

This may help:
http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-...-64-bit-2.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/mouse-freezing-and-turning-off-427492.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have been having a few problems lately My mouse freezes often requiring a restart Yesterday when it froze I had four instances of mmtask running when I hit Alt-ctrl-del Just now froze when I did that to see what currently is running Wow I got it [Resolved] freezing mouse back I ran norton and found nothing Spybot only finds a few cookies So I enclosed highjack this list hoping someone might find the cause Second problem may or may not be related I keep finding my default e-mail and a friends in the blocked senders list Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http home netscape com home winsearch html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www americasbest com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http home netscape com home winsearch html O - BHO no name [Resolved] mouse freezing - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRAM FILES FLASHGET JCCATCH DLL O - BHO no name - d a - d - d - - e a - C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER OCX O - HKLM Run Norton Auto-Protect C PROGRA NORTON NORTON NAVAPW EXE LOADQUIET O - HKLM Run RegProt c regprot regprot exe start O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run Norton eMail Protect C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON ANTIVIRUS POProxy exe O - HKLM RunServices TrueVector C WINDOWS SYSTEM ZONELABS VSMON EXE -service O - HKCU Run D Clipboard C clipboard viewer d dClip exe O - Startup Taskmon lnk C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE O - Startup CapsLockOff lnk C unzipped CapsLockOff CapsLockOff exe O - Global Startup ZoneAlarm lnk C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zonealarm exe O - Extra context menu item amp Customize Menu - res C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll ComCustomIEMenu html O - Extra context menu item amp Fill Forms - res C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll ComFillForms html O - Extra context menu item amp Save Forms - res C Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboForm dll ComSavePass html O - Extra context menu item Download using FlashGet - C PROGRAM FILES FLASHGET jc link htm O - Extra context menu item Download All by FlashGet - C PROGRAM FILES FLASHGET jc all htm O - Extra context menu item amp Check Spelling - res C PROGRAM FILES IESPELL IESPELL DLL SPELLCHECK HTM O - Extra context menu item amp ieSpell Options - res C PROGRAM FILES IESPELL IESPELL DLL SPELLOPTION HTM O - Extra button Real com HKLM O - Extra button Messenger HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem MSN Messenger Service HKLM O - Extra button RF Toolbar HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Robo Toolbar HKLM O - Extra button Fill Forms HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Fill Forms HKLM O - Extra button Save HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem amp Save Forms HKLM O - Extra button FlashGet HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem amp FlashGet HKLM O - Extra button Related HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem Show amp Related Links HKLM O - Extra button ieSpell HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell HKLM O - Extra Tools menuitem ieSpell Options HKLM O - Extra button AIM HKLM O - Plugin for spop C PROGRA INTERN Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - Shockwave Flash Object - http download macromedia com pub shockwave cabs flash swflash cab O - DPF BF - ABB- D - - C F A Create and Print ActiveX Plug-in - http www americangreetings com cnp Install AxCtp cab O - DPF D B -FDDA- D -BFEC- D B EB B Yahoo Vision - http download yahoo com dl fv yv cab O - DPF B E -BAE - D -A B - B PWMediaSendControl Class - http code PWActiveXImgCtl CAB O - DPF E AB- E - D -B ED- CC A F VoilaXctl Class - http www belarc com Programs advisor exe O - DPF D D - - D -BDCD- C F A B HouseCall Control - http a g akamai net housecall antivirus com housecall xscan cab O - DPF B BCA- F C- CF- - Shockwave ActiveX Control - http download... Read more

Relevancy 44.29%

The following is a copy paste from the Windows forum Originally Posted by cheezit Not really sure where this goes but I am running Windows Home Premium In the last couple of days my mouse pointer momentarily freezes for no more than a second each time it does it At the same time I hear a quot tee-dunk Pointer Freezing Mouse quot tone from the speakers I have looked in Task Manager at all the processes running and checked them all online to see what they are They are all processes that are supposed to be there I use Microsoft Security Essentials daily and it hasn't found anything Outside of being bothersome this hasn't caused anything to slow down so I am at a loss Any ideas on what to look for Thanks This is exactly what I am experiencing Right down to the quot tee-dunk quot tone Has anyone figured this out yet Cheezit hasn't responded since he has gotten a new mouse My story I updated to Windows from XP when they were offering the get it now deal I was hoping to get the bit version but they detected that I had the bit XP so that is what Win version they gave me to download--maybe that is all my system can handle but I digress Ever since I installed Window my mouse would do exactly what cheezit said his did His is the only exact description I found to my mouse's malady when I Freezing Mouse Pointer researched what the problem could be That's why I registered to this Windows forum instead of the Windows one update I registered in this Windows forum for additional exposure Freezing Mouse Pointer I just had my wife read this and she suggested that my mouse Freezing Mouse Pointer might just be too old and is having conflicts with the new Windows OS This seems reasonable My computer system is years old Any help with this please tia paco

A:Freezing Mouse Pointer

Wired mouse? If yes its likely a broken wire in the cord? If it's a really old mouse it might be time to buy a new one anyway.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30757-freezing-mouse-pointer.html
Relevancy 44.29%

So I've recently gotten a computer which came with windows 10 pre-installed (cybertron comp). However I now have an issue where when I use use my headphones (Razer Kraken) my mouse ( Razer Deathadder) completely freezes. This occurs whenever these headphones (which are usb) are set as the default audio device and I can only regain control of my mouse by unplugging them. All other usb devices work properly and restarting does not help. Does anyone have a potential fix for this? Thank you.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/39539-mouse-freezing-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Mouse is freezing or disappearing. System also freezes-cannot close w/Control/Alt/Delete-have to shut down w/ power button. Also having trouble w/ Windows Installer.Tried to install from Microsoft but error messages-cannot find module. Also problem w/ cryptogenic services ??? Maybe time for a new system??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-and-system-freezing-up-496115.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Mod Edit Split from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t keyboard-and-mouse-randomly-not-being-recognized - Hamluis This too is my problem and it's extremely annoying It started about a month ago - or around the time of the September Win updates Computer Specs Built and put into regular use in September OS Win Pro bit ASRock Z Pro MB GB RAM Intel i - CPU TB hard drives TB hard drive all with at least or more free space I have an extra USB card off the PCI on the MB I was tired of powering hubs Watt PS NVidia GEForce GTX Ti Logitech G gaming mouse moderately old Logitech K Illuminated Keyboard Moderately new Razr n te gaming pad Complaint Random freezing of mouse Symptoms Usually the mouse will freeze for no apparent reason It requires unplugging and plugging it back in to get it to work Firefox most recent version is usually running even in the background but Random Mouse of Freezing the mouse has frozen in every program I've had up at one point or another so it doesn't seem to be directly related to FF It freezes at least once or twice a day Computer activity or heat don't seem to be a factor A few times plugging the Random Freezing of Mouse mouse back into the same port will not work but plugging it into another one will I have best luck plugging it into the add-on USB card but not always On occasion the mouse will not restart after being plugged back in Changing ports has helped in some cases In a few it has not and the computer had to be rebooted to get functionality back When these instances happen the lights on the mouse flash in an irregular pattern - - - - Plugging another rmouse in will not solve that problem When the lights flash the computer always has to be restarted Twice I tried a second mouse and it failed and flashed as well regardless of what port it was plugged into ONCE And ONLY once the keyboard joined in on the fun and was flashing off and on This required a hard shut-off of the computer since no input device was working except the game pad No other USB ports seem to be affected when the mouse goes wonky The problem has only ever happened twice in one day ONCE The computer is shut down at night except Sundays when it backs itself up Other history at or near time of first occurrance Windows Updates for September Firefox updated from V to V Aniweather plug-in added Comodo Internet Security Pro updates Freezing always occurs on movement I'll be moving the mouse and it will stop It's never happened where I'm not moving the mouse and it suddenly won't move again Freezing may always occur with simultaneous input key click simultaneous mouse button click scrolling and moving I say may because it seems to me it's usually when I'm in the middle of something like a game scrolling editing or some such thing when multiple imputs from KB mouse or game pad can be happening while moving the mouse But I'm not sure that's always been the case I can not reliably reproduce the freezing Things that don't affect it What program is running It's happened at least once in each of my usual programs CPU usage Memory usage Devices plugged in I'll have my phone charging every so often or a camera downloading pictures or some other device plugged in What I've done I have flashed the BIOS with the most recent update and installed USB port power boosters AppCharger All other drivers for the MB are current not recently updated either The mouse has no mouse-specific drivers No new drivers for the keyboard or the game pad exist NVidia drivers were updated several months ago before the problem started and I had no apparent problems for several months I checked to see if Windows was disabling USB ports in power management of the Device Manager for USB ports hubs HID compliant devices and Mouse and the option to turn them off was greyed out I always turn off all hibernation sleep and suspend options on plugged in computers with the exception of turning the monitor off after minutes of inactivity so it wasn't unexpected The comptuer never su... Read more

A:Random Freezing of Mouse

As a follow up:
There are two things I didn't mention because I didn't think them relevant, but they may actually be based on the mouse behavior over the last two to three days (since I posted above).  I updated LibreOffice to the 4.3.2.2 version (From 4.2.1.1).  I almost always have that running in the background.  I also disabled the "aniweather" add-on in Firefox, which was also almost always running, too.

Since I posted, (and the above two things were done around the same time) I've had no mouse freezes at all.  None.  Zip.  Zilch.  Nada.  The AniWeather addon was added when I upgraded to Firefox (most current version) because my old weather forecaster/conditions add-on didn't work in the latest version.  I still don't know if one, the other, or both, or neither had anything to do with the mouse freezing, and I don't know for sure the problem has resolved.  I do know that it was freezing up at least once or even twice a day up to the day I posted, did one time shortly after that, then hasn't frozen at all since.  It's been close to three days.

Right now, considering AniWeather's features on mouseover, that it was added in the time frame that the mouse freezing started, and the mouse started working fine after I disabled the add-on (which is what I didn't mention doing), I'm looking at it as the prime suspect, though I'm still not sure about how it could cause it when I'm in a game, unless its updating glitches and locks up the mouse.  I had the previous version of LibreOffice since it was released and didn't have any mouse-locking until about a month ago (give or take a week).  I'll try re-enabling it to see if the mouse starts randomly locking up on a more frequent basis again.  If it does, we have a culprit and the AniWeather dev will get a nasty-gram from me.  If not, well, I expect it will lock up again sooner or later since nothing else has been done to address the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551368/random-freezing-of-mouse/