Windows Support Forum

T410 power on issues - strange one

Q: T410 power on issues - strange one

Hi, My T410 would not power on, nothing when pressing the button. It will power up if I remove the cmos battery, plug the power in, unplug, re-connect the cmos battery and then plug the power in, and it works fine then...until it's powered off of course and the cycle begins again. I thought it may be a faulty cmos battery so I have changed that to no avail. Next step is to change the keyboard I guess? the power button seems to do nothing...it will not power the laptop off etc. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and found a solution before I spend 20 or so on a keyboard off Ebay. Thanks, Terry

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-power-on-issues-strange-one/td-p/3438428
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: T410 power on issues - strange one

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 62.78%

Recently my T has been overheating and shuttind down after a few hours of browser usage I believed this was due to a heating problem so I finally got under the keyboard today only to find little to no dust or after shuts seconds power approx. on T410 20 down debris clogging up the heatsink fan Just to be safe T410 shuts down approx. 20 seconds after power on I hit it with the compressed air again After reassembling the laptop now shutdown after a short period of being powered on This shutdown happens regardless of me getting into windows loading or getting into the BIOS setup I think this too may be an overheating problem as I see and hear the fan spinning up harder before the sudden shutdown nbsp nbsp I've tried everything from running with only the AC in only one ram card in holding the power button for seconds prior to actually powering up etc Is there any more troubleshooting I should preform or should I just accept the fact I'm better off handing this to a repair professional nbsp nbsp Side note After reassemble I had screws that didn't fit anywhere on the exterior casing maybe I mistook a screw placement and now it's somehow short circuiting

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-shuts-down-approx-20-seconds-after-power-on/td-p/3376043
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello - I'll try to be succinct and cover everything I have tried nbsp I have a T i with Win installed along with all issue suggestions needed please! power - T410 the drivers nbsp It has been working fine T410 power issue - suggestions needed please! but I seem to be experiencing a power issue nbsp This first manifested itself as the screen going blank and refusing to come back on nbsp Thinking it was overheating my partner opened it up and cleaned out the fan my partner fixes Lenovos as a field engineer and applied thermal paste to the processor nbsp All seemed well I was working on it plugged in when suddenly it T410 power issue - suggestions needed please! shut down nbsp I tried to restart it but without success so I left it plugged in with the orange light flashing and went off to have supper nbsp When I came back the orange light was still flashing so I decided to leave it to charge overnight Next morning - orange light still flashing and although it would power up there were odd things going on when I looked in Power Manager nbsp It showed the battery as being good for hours although I knew that if I took the AC adapter out it would close down nbsp So I tried a different known good battery - same thing nbsp Then a different PSU - same thing nbsp On the desktop it shows as charging for half a dozen animations then goes static - Power Manager says it's charging but doesn't display the 'time left to fully charge' and isn't actually charging at all nbsp So - here are the things I've changed and tested at each step nbsp The battery nbsp The PSU trying both w and w - power manager recognises them for what they are but no charging actually happens Hard drive with a fresh install of Win Motherboard Processor Palmrest Memory including using just one in each slot Keyboard nbsp Because motherboards one with nvidia graphics and one Intel both exhibit the same behaviour I am now at a complete loss and the only thing left to change that I can think of is the screen so I might do that while I wait for a response nbsp If I appear to have overlooked anything obvious then please let me know - I'm usually pretty good at figuring things out by a process of troubleshooting but I'm beat this time

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-power-issue-suggestions-needed-please/td-p/3358458
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys, Trying to get Bitlocker working on a t410. The bios is enabled for TPM and the drivers are installed. When trying to enable Bitlocker i'm getting a message saying: A TPM module must be present on this computer but a TPM module was not found. Any ideas? Thanks,Mike

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Bitlocker-issues/td-p/3465935
Relevancy 61.92%

I have a brand new issues T410 BSOD Thinkpad T less than a week old and I have been having problems with it When Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues I first got it right out of the box I would get a quot windows does not recognize one of your usb devices quot message and when I went to device manager quot unknown device quot was the issue So I uninstalled it and I thought that was that A couple days later I started getting BSoDs with the error code quot BUGCODE USB DRIVER quot I have gotten a bunch since then I would guess around and they seem to happen fairly randomly I haven't been able to pick up a pattern Here's some basic system information OS- Windows Pro -bit Came pre-installed I have not reinstalled it Like I said my computer is less than a week old Well it shipped out of Lenovo's warehouse on june st but it arrived around july th or th I have an intel graphics media accelerator HD not sure if that's the name of the video card or not Anyways any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated

A:Thinkpad T410 BSOD issues

here's that zip file I'm supposed to post

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/thinkpad-t410-bsod-issues-497590.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Not sure where I should be posting this but here is the problem... My monitor will go into standby mode if the boot process takes too long... or if i'm in bios and messing around in there after a minute or two it goes black and into standby mode. So even if I try to do a clean install of windows it will go into standby mode.

Everything is fine if I just let it go boot normally into windows there aren't any issues. I have no idea what could be causing this. Anyone have any tips?

I've tried reinstalling drivers and resetting my bios.

Thanks for your help in advance.

A:Strange Monitor issues??? Standby/power save mode

Desktop, laptop or.... computer ?
If separate monitor, it may have own power saving timer, two of mine have that. They would go to standby if they don't get right signal in time. I turned that off on both.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/software-support/125843-strange-monitor-issues-standby-power-save-mode.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Good afternoon all,

I have been in the process of making my laptop, a Lenovo Thinkpad T410, a much better device to use. While I've been having HDD issues, my main issue right now is the battery that I had purchased. With the IBM Power Manager software, the battery is listed as a Sanyo 42T4710. It is a 9 cell battery and I will provide any other information you need.

When I had first purchased the device, after charging for awhile the battery icon on the laptop would begin to flash amber. It will not charge to 100%, and usually stops at 96%. With the battery manager, the charge threshold is set to "Always Full Charge (Start when below 96% and end at 100%). I tried to run the battery gauge reset option, however the laptop permanently stayed at 96% and never discharged lower than that.

Are there any recommendations that you can make for what I should do with the battery?

Thanks!

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410: Bought a different battery, issues reporting %

Does it charge to 100 when laptop is shutdown?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/372204-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-bought-different-battery-issues-reporting.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello guys.  Can anyone help me understand the power supply on the HP Envy Phoenix 860-019?  The PCIE connector 6 pin connected to the GTX 960 has black and white wires.  Shouldn't there be yellow and black wires?  Yellow is usually 12 volt and black wires ground.  Is the 6 pin connected to my GTX 960  supplying a standard 75 watts of power or something else?  I want to install a GTX 1070 but the 6 pin wire colors are not the industry standard color scheme.  Also there is a 2 pin power connector with a white and black wire.  Usually a 6 pin and a 2 pin can be used together to connect into a 8 pin socket on a GTX 1070.  Will my connectors supply the needed power and connect properly because the color scheme on the wires make no sense. Thank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Strange-Color-Scheme-for-Power-Connectors-on-Power-Supply-of/td-p/5819631
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone this is my first post here nbsp I purchased a T Core i Nvidia Graphics SSD last September here in Korea and upgraded to Windows shortly thereafter nbsp For the last few Power T450; Sleep and issues power Lenovo with Man... months not exactly sure when it started but I think months Sleep and power issues with T450; Lenovo Power Man... after I upgraded I've had system problems that Sleep and power issues with T450; Lenovo Power Man... may be related nbsp In my Windows power settings the computer is set to NEVER sleep when the computer is Sleep and power issues with T450; Lenovo Power Man... plugged in yet sometimes and I'm never sure when it goes to sleep after only one minute of inactivity nbsp I thought maybe it happened only when the battery was charging but this is not the case nbsp Resetting seems to fix the problem nbsp When I attempt to open Lenovo Power Manager the application crashes and can't open nbsp I need to use the task manager to end the program nbsp Has anyone else had these problems nbsp I'd really appreciate some help on this nbsp Regards Chris

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Sleep-and-power-issues-with-T450-Lenovo-Power-Manger-won-t-open/td-p/3310596
Relevancy 45.58%

Ever since utilizing 100% - issues - sleep Inspiron 3542 Agent mode/power & issues Win10 Service SoftThinks upgrade HDD I upgraded my laptop to Windows this SoftThinks Agent Service is taxing Inspiron 3542 - Win10 upgrade issues - SoftThinks Agent Service utilizing 100% HDD & sleep mode/power issues my HDD to slowing Inspiron 3542 - Win10 upgrade issues - SoftThinks Agent Service utilizing 100% HDD & sleep mode/power issues things down This is related to Dell Backup and Recovery Inspiron 3542 - Win10 upgrade issues - SoftThinks Agent Service utilizing 100% HDD & sleep mode/power issues software I can kill this service and that s that but every-time I start up this happens As for sleep mode I will come back to my laptop and raise the lid hit the keys move the mouse nothing I hit the power button and nothing So I hold the power button and then hit it to boot up so clearly there are issues in relation to sleep mode and something shutting it off others have posted the same I installed all newest Intel drivers on your site and I read user stated to uninstall Intel Rapid Storage which I did Intel Management Engine remains as I am still trying to troubleshoot Are you testing all these new drivers you are putting out for download Do I need to go back to Win your site said my laptop could be upgraded Please advise and quot do the needful quot

A:Inspiron 3542 - Win10 upgrade issues - SoftThinks Agent Service utilizing 100% HDD & sleep mode/power issues

same thing here as far as the power issues. you must remove the 2 other intel things that were installed along with the Intel rapid storage
intel security assist
intel management engine something or other (cant remember the exact name) 
i still have the intel graphics and chipset drivers installed without any problems. it was just the intel rapid storage stuff that caused all the power , sleep mode problems..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19647599
Relevancy 44.29%

Before posting this new thread, I searched for problems similiar to mine but could not find one. So here's whats happening.

Starting just yesterday I turned my computer on one morning from being off overnite and as soon as the computer got power, all i hear is BIOS beeps . .constant neverending beeps. I turned it off, turned it back on and everything loaded and ran fine. The same thing happened this morning in the exact same way.

Is something about to fail? =/

Thanks in advance for anyones time and thoughts =)

Relevancy 44.29%

A few weeks ago my computer started to act strange on occasion i would turn it off and it refused to turn back on until i pressed the power button a bunch of times I ignored it and figured it was probably Power Problem Very Strange just the case button and decided to just not shut the computer down till i get a new case One night Very Strange Power Problem there was a Very Strange Power Problem power outage and the computer was obviously forced to shut down Ever since then it will not turn on at all there was a surge protector so im guessing thats not it I immediately thought it to be the powersupply even though the green led on my motherboard would light up if the powersupply switch was on I attempted to test my computer with a friends powersupply Very Strange Power Problem and i also tested a few other things nothing worked At this point i thought for sure it was my motherboard so i sent it back to asus for repair unfortunately well in a way fortunately it was physically damaged in shipping and they sent me a much better motherboard for free However it still does not work Now I m thinking its gotta be the processor or power supply hopefully not the processor Anyone know of any ways of testing the processor or powersupply easily I still find it strange how the led on the motherboard lights up at the very least SOME power is getting there so I m stumped Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Very Strange Power Problem

There are 2 separte sources from the power supply, one "permanent live" that you see by the motherboard light, and which also supplies power for the momentary detect of the push button and the main part of the supply.

A power supply problem can easily leave the permanent live OK but affect the main switchmode portion of the supply, so there is nothing at all unusual about what you observe.

You cannot "test" a CPU apart from replacement.

Most problems that you describe eminate from an incorrectly fitted motherboard where the standoffs are wrongly placed in the case and short a section of track to ground, where all other issues have been eliminated.

Also, can I recommend that you break up your posts into paragraphs, the singular "block" of test is very hard to comprehend.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/very-strange-power-problem.509292/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hiya,
I think this is hardware related.....

Just fixed my mates PC (hopefully) and now...

I have just got one of those little Shuttle tiny PC boxes and it works OK but sometimes when you press the power button in it doesn't turn on immediately, sometimes it will wait 5 minutes but other times it can be up to 20 minutes!! Other times though it turns on straight away.

When it doesn't turn on I have tried removing the power cable for a few seconds then plugging it back in to see if that helps but it makes no difference.

I was wondering if it is the PSU that needs replacing?

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Steve

A:Strange power on problem

sounds like a bad switch either external or internal to the PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-power-on-problem.54047/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello everyone Lately I ve been experiencing a strange issue when I boot up my computer When I press the power button on my tower the system acts like it is booting up yet does not go all the way It will simply power-on Strange issue freeze with the LED s on and nothing is displayed on the monitor It is almost as if each component Strange power-on issue is not receiving adequate power After two or three times however the system will boot up normally Additionally my external HDD will click a few times during startup as if to indicate a physical problem though I believe this is simply due to the power-on issues as it seems to run normally after startup Simply put it s as if the system must be primed several times like a lawnmower before booting up normally Anyone know what this could be It gets me quite worried It is a new system build as of about months ago My first thought was that it could be an issue with the power button from the case not making a proper connection with the motherboard Specs Intel Q CPU Asus P K-E WIFI-AP LGA Intel P ATX Intel Motherboard Antec Earthwatts W PSU Athenatech A BB case WD GB HDD GB RAM Any input would be greatly appreciated John nbsp

A:Strange power-on issue

Hey john, that does sound like a power problem. Check to make sure that the front panel is correctly install on your mobo. Also check to make sure that yoru power supply is in fact secured on your mobo correctly. And make sure that you have enough power to provide enough juice to all of your devices. inculding your external ones too.

KINGMEET

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-power-on-issue.114232/
Relevancy 44.29%

I'm having a bit of weirdness with my machine Strange issue power the past few days I just picked up another Radeon for Crossfire on Friday and since I installed it I've had some odd power problems Before Strange power issue the install my machine would Strange power issue go to sleep normally and wake on a key press Since I installed the card it has failed to wake up three times Once I had a BSOD which stated quot Internal Power Error quot and twice it has just failed to resume forcing me to press the reset button to get it to wake up In one case starting up all of the fans and USB devices but no hard drive activity and no video I've got an OCZ Stealthstream PSU which is less than a year old and I can't believe that I'm short on power I did the PSU calculations and at full load I'm using around Watts The PSU is good for I lowered my overclock to reduce the power consumption and I had previously moved of the drives to another machine The only other addition was that I replaced my PCIe x serial card with one that was just PCI because my GPU fans eat my extra slots The thing is when it's running it's stable as anything I ran Memtest and then Prime for a couple of hours without errors If there was a power issue it should have browned out during the Prime testing I'd expect this from a cheap PSU but not when I'm almost Watts under the maximum Could this be sleep or hibernation messing up somehow I'm at a loss Any thoughts

A:Strange power issue

This is a guess, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it may be the video drivers.

From what I have seen with my CrossFire setups, the driver is automatically supposed to recognize the new card and that it is in CrossFire when it is installed. But sometimes something doesn't go quite right in the detection or with the interaction with the other AMD drivers: chipset, northbridge filter driver, etc.

You know, when you install the Catalyst Suite for your videocard, if you select Custom during the install, you have options for other non-video related drivers, right? I think that some of those other drivers don't work the way they're supposed to when you change the system config from single card to dual.

When I ran CrossFired 4870s or even with my current CrossFire setup, I have never had any problems that you have described concerning power issues, but I have had numerous BSODs that were always traced back to the video drivers. Each and every time, the problem was remedied by uninstalling Catalyst and the display driver, rebooting into safe mode and running Driver Sweeper, then rebooting again and installing the current Catalyst drivers.

I would try to uninstall Catalyst and any other AMD driver (from the Custom selection during uninstallation) that is not an *integral* system driver then going the route of Driver Sweeper in Safe Mode, then rebooting and installing the current Catalyst.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/86987-strange-power-issue.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I would like to think of myself as being decently good with computers but this is just baffiling me I have a refurbished HP Pavillion xt all standard except for a new NIC card strange problems power-on and new M DIMMs running RedHat Linux One or two nights ago I was just working on it like normal and suddenly processer use jumped from my normal - up to At that point the system froze so I held down the power button for seconds to do an emergency shutdown I let it sit for a second and then tried to power on and nothing happened I got behind it and checked the power strange power-on problems cables they were fine but still nothing The LED on the back of the power supply was on an the NIC card was reading on the network as powered on but not active so strange power-on problems there was power getting through the system I then opened up the box and checked the power switch itself its good and then all of the systems power cables also fine as far as I can tell I then got the idea to check the CMOS batterey which as I m sure you can guess was normal but as I was putting it back in the system suddenly turned on and seemed to work I unpluuged it so I could put it back under my desk and reconnect the moniter keyboard and when that was done the same problem was back HP Tech Support has been basicly useless os please just post any ideas you have no matter how strange UPDATE-- I have been told that it sounds like a power supply issue any one know how to check The full specs are GHz Pentium M RAM GB HD HP x CD Burner Generic NIC card Modem don t know what kind never used it Generic Floppy drive nbsp

A:strange power-on problems

I am not sure if this is a power supply issue or not, but you should be able to swap one out with no problem. You will just have to open the computer and check what the sables and specs are for the current power supply, run to the store and swap it.

In my experiance that is the easiest way to test. I think you could bring it back to the store if you needed to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-power-on-problems.113547/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello I am working on a HP n I have worked on s of comptuers and Power Strange Up Problem I have never seen this scenario When you power up the cpu fan case Strange Power Up Problem fan and HDD start surging up and down with power Everything starts going faster then slower almost like it isn t getting a constant power regulation So obvious signs would be check power supply Power supply checks ok with a tester and a new power supply does the exact same thing I then unplugged everything from the MB including the HDD Same thing I then unplugged the CPU fan same thing Now here is the strange part If I remove the ram which is OEM installed everyhing boots up just fine with no surges and I get the defualt MB beep So must be the ram Nope replace the ram and again the surges I am thinking it must be the MB I was just curious before I go ordering another one if anyone has ever heard or experienced this problem Thanks nbsp

A:Strange Power Up Problem

It's new motherboard time as this one cannot regulate the power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-power-up-problem.467406/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a very strange problem with a PC that I use as a HTPC.
It has always worked perfectly, but now when I pres the Power button, it just blinks and nothing happens.
Then when I unplug the power cord, and inserts it again it boots perfectly.

I have no idea what can cause this :suspiciou . One week before this started I inserted a new TV-tuner. Haupauge MCE-150... But I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Any ideas, anybody?

A:Really strange power problem

Fux0red powerswitch comes to mind...
Should be relatively easy to fix/replace.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-strange-power-problem.22362/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a latitude E7250. It was working fine earlier today, but I put it to sleep, and it had not recovered.
When I plug it in, the power button and the caps lock stay lit. Nothing else happens. The computer doesn't boot.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

A:No power, strange lights

Hi mooseo,
Thank you for reaching to Dell Community Forum.
Please try to run the on-board diagnostics <F12> and capture any error codes or message you receive.
http://dell.to/2drLyPQ
We would also suggest you to drain the residual power from the laptop:
* Disconnect any external peripherals (flash drives, printers, external hard drives) from the computer.
* Remove the adapter and then the battery.
* Press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds.
* After draining the residual power, try reseating the memory and see if the system is able to boot.
Please private message us the service tag of the system along with your email id.
(Note: please don't mention the service tag or email id on the public forum as it contains your personal information).

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993785
Relevancy 44.29%

So, I was infected with a trojan a couple weeks back and I recently decided that I wanted to format my computer rather then deal with the virus. However, my compute began shutting down randomly some times after being on for only 30 minutes, and some times for many hours, or not at all. Then, my machine developed another problem. Every time I try to turn it on, it comes to life for just a split second, and then shuts down again. I have to press the button 20-30 times in succession to get it to turn on, each time I can hear the innards of the computer revving up just a little longer.

A:Strange power problem

Tried a different power supply yet?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/232480/strange-power-problem/
Relevancy 44.29%

Ok ... this is a little weird.... just built up a new Suoer 7 AMD machine & well... sometimes when I try to turn it on it won't even come on. So I turn off the switch on the back of the power supply & turn it back on. Then when I hit the power button on front to turn it on it works. Whats up with that?

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi all I T410 bios mod bug have flashed a WL-free BIOS from Serg to my T -DA I had the latest factory BIOS before Flash was successful i disabled the TPM because the beeps at startup Then i realized that i cannot read CPU speed from the OS Ubuntu and the battery isn't charging I can see on the indicator when it is T410 mod bios bug inserted or not but no charging T410 mod bios bug I installed TLP started a calibration but it only discharged the battery and charging is not working Or if it is working BIOS does not see what charging circuit is doing EC ROM is in addition I tried to flash factory BIOS but it cannot be done with battery I'm afraid to flash FL and FL as i have two FL files extracted from factory flash Have someone seen a bug like this before Can someone tell me how to flash FL and two FL 's and PAT files with Winphlash Or force the boot CD image to update I ned to revert the factory BIOS to check that the charging circuit is OK nbsp Thanks in advance

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-mod-bios-bug/td-p/3333150
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,  We have HP Zero Clients (T410) and are connection to an Windows 2012 server.When i look in the admin guide it saysthat USB redirection to windows 2012 and Windows 8 is supported.  I have enable USB redirection in the zero client. But when i connect an USB device to the zeroclient is isnt viable in my RDP7 connection to the server. Do i have to edit some policys on the server or do i need software ?  Kind regards,   Hans Vos

A:T410 - USB redirection

Im having a simaller problem with my Windows server 2008, using the T410 as well. I can get thumb drives to redirect, but i cant get SD card readers. Have you found a solution to this problem yet?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/T410-USB-redirection/td-p/5081714
Relevancy 43.86%

The ads I see on Amazon etc say that there is more than one fan type for a T and be sure to get the one that fits your machine nbsp How to make the match nbsp My T is a Type - U according to a sticker on its bottom nbsp At https support lenovo com us en documents migr- I find a table that maps these computer types to model numbers of parts including fan assemblies nbsp It lists Fan assembly integrated M and M as suitable for type - x but by omission it implies that Fan assembly discrete M and T410? fit What replacement fan will my M are not suitable to type - x nbsp I assume that in that type code x is a variable so - U is a member of that type nbsp Ah nbsp I just learned at nbsp https support lenovo com us en What replacement fan will fit my T410? documents migr- that the two different fan assemblies are for integrated graphics and discrete graphics models respectively - their heat sink components are quite different nbsp Ah again nbsp From pix on Amazon I infer that the two integrated assemblies have slightly different heat sinks but both are for integrated graphics nbsp The M is shown here nbsp https www amazon com Genuine-IBM-Thinkpad-Cooling-Heatsink dp B MTWDB E and the M is here https www amazon com IBM-Original-Thinkpad- M -Assembly dp B QWCTLG nbsp From this I want to conclude that if I get a model M or M I'm cool nbsp Is that right nbsp Also it's possible and much cheaper to buy a fan without buying the heat sink assembly as well nbsp Anybody know which fan models fit into the Fan assembly integrated nbsp Thanks in advance Ken

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/What-replacement-fan-will-fit-my-T410/td-p/3485013
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello,  I have a Dell E6410 laptop with the "Latitude On" feature but I'm experiencing strange power on behavior.
When I press the regular power on button, nothing happens. I can only start the laptop by pressing the Latitude On button.  However,  the regular power on button will turn off the laptop with no problem.
Any ideas what is causing this?
Thanks!!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19992416
Relevancy 43.86%

I have an 8800 gt i have to use a dvi converter for my crt vga monitor, if i let the computer go on idle, I usually turn off the monitor, but after i turn it back on the monitor seems to be in standby ( the light is orange, when green means on), it seems like windows is not responding, because i can press the power button and it does not respond, where it would usually shut down, it happens after an indefinable period of time, but always at idle, never in the middle of something, i have my power options to never turn off anything... also when my computer does this the router craps out and i have to restart both my cable modem and router.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-monitor-gpu-power-problem-375879.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Is this normal Win7 behavior?

If I press it once and if the screen appear that tells me that some programs are preventing the shut down,if I click Cancel,the power button will not do anything if I press it again after I close all of the programs.

I can turn off the pc when that happens only from the start menu or wait around 1 minute.Then I can press it and if no programs are running,then it will turn it off.

A:Strange behavior with the power button.

Stop, stop, stop using your power button to shut down your computer.

Close all programs and browsers you are using. Then use the Shut Down button off of the Start Orb.

That is the proper way to shut down a computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357440-strange-behavior-power-button.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Built a PC using a MB MACHSPE MATRIX-P4M800 P4M800 478 motherboard. Worked fine for several weeks and then would not turn on. Replaced 475W power supply and it came on for about 5 minutes and then turned off. Tried another 475W power supply and it comes on for about 3 seconds and turns off. Finally used a very heavy duty 550W power supply and it stays on but seems to slow down occasionally. Ampmeter shows about 1 amp input current with occasional surges to 2 amps. It looks like something is breaking down on the motherboard. Tried disconnecting everything but memory with no change. Any thoughts on further troubleshooting?

A:Strange MB/Power supply Problem

Machspeed is at the very bottom of mb mfg; down with pcchips, ecs, etc. If you have tried a known good ps and it still will not work, rma the board and go with a quality mfg.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-mb-power-supply-problem.467356/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello all,

I have this strange problem for few weeks.

When I start my computer with AC power supply connected, I sometime here after a mintue or two some two beeps, and the computer switches from the AC to the battery, and then again to the AC power after few seconds. Sometimes i can also hear some weak "clicks" in the few seconds the computer is disconnected from the AC power.

I also had few cases in the recent days, when I turned on the computers, and the screen looks like random noise, and the comptuer did not reacted. I turn it off, then on, and it was OK.

Three weeks ago, my network card stopped working ok.

Does it all make any sense?

The notebooks is IBM R40.
PC doctors diagnostics on the motherboard, memory passed ok.

Thanks.

A:Strange power problems, ibm notebook R40

remove the battery and see if the computer runs without problems on the AC adapter. If it does, you are going to need a new battery

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-power-problems-ibm-notebook-r40.83164/
Relevancy 43.86%

Sort of an odd one When the PC booted it was going to the safe mode selection screen Any option at all would start to engage and then the screen would go black but the power light would still be on and the fans running I swapped power cords and monitors without any change After the screen would go dark the CD Ed. Problem Home Strange Power XP ROM drive drawer would not open almost like it wasn t getting any power but as I said the fans and power lights were still functioning After holding Strange XP Home Ed. Power Problem down the power button until it turned off and then restarting I could easily open the CD drawer and I put my XP CD in and restarted again I went to the bios screen and checked the boot sequence and then just let it there It never went dark An hour later I continued pressed any key to boot from CD and then hit R fro repair When it got to the screen where it said it was loading windows it again went dark Doing it a second time it went past the loading windows screen I entered a for the installation I wanted to repair entered the administration password actually I just pressed enter and got to the DOS screen I ran chkdsk r I t indicated that it had repaired some sectors I exited DID NOT press a key to boot from CD and the machine booted normally to the desktop I ran Malwarebytes corrected errors and then allowed MWB to reboot the PC Once again I did not hit a key to boot from CD but shortly after the splash screen right before the welcome the screen went dark And stayed dark Just as it did before I now started it again with the CD and again got to the DOS screen with its limited command functions I let it sit there for hours No dark screen I again typed in exit and allowed the PC to boot normally and it got to the desktop But after about minutes it went dark When it goes dark it doesn t just gradually fade to black It goes to black like a switch was just turned off Now I restarted with the CD and it went dark BEFORE it got to the DOS screen Is it the power supply I don t know what to do next nbsp

Relevancy 43.86%

The power options settings in the first option shows a strange language...I dont know exactly what it is. Can anyone explain to me this and how i can change it to normal? It was not like this before. Here is what I am talking about:

A:Strange language in power settings?

Welcome to Seven Forums Dowan.

Very odd indeed. Do you/have you another Language Pack installed? Does this Klingon show up elsewhere?
What is your OS, 64 isn't very descriptive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/190768-strange-language-power-settings.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I've an Acer Aspire 6920, and I've the strangest problem I've ever seen. Whenever I close the lid of my laptop it loses power. Completely. As if it was a normal desktop that got unplugged. If, however I open it, it works perfectly again, and can last several hours on it's battery alone.
Note, that when I close the lid, it loses the power feed from the adapter, and does not regain it until I pull the power cord out and insert it back in.

I tried flashing my bios, no effect.

Relevancy 43.43%

Hello TSG community Since iv owned this pc Gateway x i have had issues with quot power saving mode quot Originally my biggest problem was Power Strange Saving Issue Mode that it would go into power saving mode after a certain time of running without any interaction and i couldnt quot wake up quot the pc with the mouse or keyboard I fixed this by turning off this mode through windows Since then iv had problems with starting the pc up after having it shut down for a day or more it would go into power saving mode The strange thing about this is it only Strange Power Saving Mode Issue happens if i leave the pc off for an extended amount of time If its just Strange Power Saving Mode Issue a quick reboot or if its only off for a few hours it will boot back up problem free But if its off overnight my moniter will be stuck in this quot Power Saving Mode quot and i get nothing but a black screen when i start it back up At first i could just unplug the video card and unplug plug in the moniter cable a few times and eventually it would start up as normal Eventually this no longer worked but i could use the power switch on the back of the tower to turn off the pc and when i turned the switch back to on and hit the power button on the front it would eventually work My latest problem with this none of the aforementioned worked I messed around with it for a full day and couldnt get the moniter to power up correctly Finally i turned this little red switch located on the back of the power supply from v to v and back to while the computer was on and it rebooted itself and the moniter worked as normal and im on it now My question is what is causing this problem and how can i fix it Im worried that maybe next time i wont be able to get the computer up and running and i dont have the money for a new one or even to take it in for repairs Any help would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-power-saving-mode-issue.958828/
Relevancy 43.43%

I am having a very strange problem with my Toshiba laptop right now When the laptop is turned off and the power supply plugged in the battery receives a charge and will charge up to full When i turn strange problem with power supply win xp possibly my laptop on for the first - minutes it will run on strange power supply problem with win xp possibly AC power then just automatically switch to batteries and ignore that the laptop is still plugged in The adapter works just fine with my other laptop so I cannot strange power supply problem with win xp possibly figure out what is causing this and hoping there is some incorrect setting somewhere that is telling the laptop to switch to batteries after a few minutes or something If i take the battery right out of the laptop the front plug led green light comes strange power supply problem with win xp possibly on when plugged in and will power on and boot into the BIOS with no problems The laptop will stay on for as long as I let it sit at the BIOS without shutting off After I exit the BIOS to resume booting into windows the laptop will shutoff just after it begins to iniate loading windows So if i put the battery back in it will boot up normally into windows then run at full power on AC for only a couple minutes then just switch back to batteries even though the plug led is still lit up indicating that the laptop itself is plugged in The laptop I am experiencing the problem with is a Toshiba A Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:strange power supply problem with win xp possibly

Which A70 is it? There should be a model number on the bottom.

While you look for that you can check out the Toshiba website and check out the FAQ's, and downloads they offer. It might be a common problem.

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su/su_sc_home.jsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-power-supply-problem-with-win-xp-possibly.339104/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi there,

I have a problem with my laptop, when I plug the audio output into speakers I get a very loud buzzing sound with large amounts of white noise added. The strange thing is that the buzzing only happens when the laptop is running on mains power, on battery it is fine. It's also fine on headphones as well!

I have tried using different speakers, different power sockets in my house and other peoples, different connecting cables all with no change to the noise. The only thing that seems to affect it is when I use different power settings on the laptop the battery saving power mode is a lot less noisy!

I'm quite into my audio stuff but have never had a problem like this before! Can anybody help me?

The laptop is an HP Pavilion DV6000 which I have owned for around 5 months.

Many Thanks

Will

A:Strange audio buzz when power supply is used

I can't help you other than report that I have the same problem with my HP Pavilion 9540 and that when I talked to the rather incompetent support they said that the problem had been fixed for an other HP laptop by a BIOS update but that there were none available for mine.

Strangely enough the problem comes and goes and I had close to no problems at all in France but the problem has returned now that I'm back in sweden. The problem always goes away if I remove the power cord but isn't always there when the power is plugged in.

I have all the newest updates including Vista SP1 RC1.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-audio-buzz-when-power-supply-is-used.95378/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,
I have the Dell power companion to use with my xps 15. It's charged, but when I plug it into my laptop it causes some issues including the slowing down of the system, stuttering, distorted sound and affecting wifi reception. I updated the BIOS before use as in the power companion documentation, but the problem persists.
Any ideas?

-Dan

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987265
Relevancy 43.43%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility strange on flashing LED to motherboard power Struggling on, version OS Version Microsoft Struggling to power on, strange LED flashing on motherboard Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Struggling to power on, strange LED flashing on motherboard Card AMD Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC M A R Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Hi I ve had this problem intermittently for a few days but it just got stranger this morning Occasionally when I try to power on my computer either just after powering off or after a long time of being off it just won t do anything I switched the PSU switch off and on again the first few times it happened and that resolved it figuring I should buy another PSU just in case even for backup Still saving for it This morning it went weird where it still wouldn t power on but the motherboard light was on and there as an additional light that kept flashing in flashes of three when I looked it up in the manual it says it s the quot BIOS Flashback LED FLBK LED The FLBK LED lights when the USB Flashback button is pressed for three seconds quot I wasn t touching the button and it was still flashing Then just was I was peering in to try and make any sense of what I was seeing the whole thing switched on by itself and sprung to life I have never had a computer switch on by itself with me before Does this sound like imminent PSU failure or could there be something else going on with that flashy LED Why would my computer just come on by itself like that Please be kind I m not very tech savvy and won t understand if you use a lot of technical terminology nbsp

A:Struggling to power on, strange LED flashing on motherboard

Whenever I've seen switching the power supply off and back on resolve the problem, it was the result of a failing/faulty PSU.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/struggling-to-power-on-strange-led-flashing-on-motherboard.1142243/
Relevancy 43.43%

Sort of an odd one When the PC booted it was going to the safe mode selection screen Any option at all would start to engage and then the screen would go black but the power light would Power Problem Strange XP Edition Home still be on and the fans running I swapped power cords and monitors without any change Strange XP Home Edition Power Problem After the screen would go dark the CD ROM drive drawer would not open almost like it wasn't getting any power but as I said the fans and power lights were still functioning After holding down the power button until it turned off and then restarting I could easily open the CD drawer and I put my XP CD in and restarted again I went to the bios screen and checked the boot sequence and then just let it there It never went dark Strange XP Home Edition Power Problem An hour later I continued pressed any key to boot from CD and then hit 'R' fro repair When it got to the screen where it said it was loading windows it again went dark Doing it a second time it went past the loading windows screen I entered a ' ' for the installation I wanted to repair entered the administration password actually I just pressed enter and got to the DOS screen I ran chkdsk r I t indicated that it had repaired some sectors I exited DID NOT press a key to boot from CD and the machine booted normally to the desktop I ran Malwarebytes corrected errors and then allowed MWB to reboot the PC Once again I did not hit a key to boot from CD but shortly after the splash screen right before the welcome the screen went dark And stayed dark Just as it did before I now started it again with the CD and again got to the DOS screen with its limited command functions I let it sit there for hours No dark screen I again typed in exit and allowed the PC to boot normally and it got to the desktop But after about minutes it went dark When it goes dark it doesn't just gradually fade to black It goes to black like a switch was just turned off Now I restarted with the CD and it went dark BEFORE it got to the DOS screen Is it the power supply I don't know what to do next I have started it with last good configuration VGA mode and even directory services restore They all seem to go just so far and then there's an almost inaudible pop and the screen goes dark

A:Strange XP Home Edition Power Problem

Thought I had this sucker fixed.... I noticed that the time field in the lower right hand corner of the PC was wrong (this was after using the booting from the windows CD, running a chkdsk, exiting, and letting it reboot normally). I changed the date and time, and let the PC sit at the desktop. It stayed there without a problem for 50+ minutes until the hour changed. Then it went dark again. I started up again and entered setup, and saw the date was Jan 01, 2004.

I went out and bought a new CMOS battery, re-entered setup, made the date & time current, and exited. Screen went dark again.

Right now I'm running chkdsk (yet again) and hope that it will boot normally when it's finished. Then I'll check the screen date & time (I really don't know if the date/time figures from the bios carry over to the display date/time on the PC - seems like they should, but I don't know).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-xp-home-edition-power-problem-490413.html
Relevancy 43.43%

When I press the start button or try to wakw pc from sleep nothing hapoens. To start it I have to turn off the psu and remove the power lead. Then press the power button to compleatly drain any residual power. After this I plug the power lead in and the pc starts.

I am running windows 10 64bit.

Pc is a self build and is as follows;

MSI 990FX GAMING MOBO
AMD 990FX 8350 processor
Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4gb graphics
2x4gb kingston fury RAM
120GB integral SSD
2X 1TB SEAGATE BARACUDA HDDs
5 cooling fans
Xcase chassis
EVGA 600W psu

I suspect the psu but the pc runs perfectly fine under all loads once started.

Please help

A:Strange Power Issue. Completely Baffled.

Did it ever work correctly?

If your power supply has a master power switch on the back and you flip that to off, pulling the power lead does nothing - assuming the PSU is not physically damaged. And pressing the power button does not drain any circuits on a PC - it is just a remote button. That "trick" is a carry-over from decades ago with AT PSUs, but does not work since ATX became the standard. Notebooks are a different story. So you could probably just flip the master power switch on back, wait 10 seconds and then start it up normally.

Just plugging in the power cord should NEVER EVER start the computer. If it is, then something is definitely wrong.

If this has never worked properly since you put this computer together, I would suspect the 2 wires from the front panel power button are not connected to the motherboard's front panel header correctly so you need to verify that.

If it used to work and suddenly does not, I would suspect the case's front panel power button is broken/stuck. If you can gain access to the backside of the front panel, you might be able to push it back in place and bend the clamps tight again. But note once that metal (if not plastic) is bent a couple times, it loses its "temper" and strength and will bend out of shape easily gain. So this is usually a temporary fix.

What many do is remove the power button wires from the motherboard and move the reset button's wires to those two pins. Then just use the reset button as the power switch from then on.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/strange-power-issue-completely-baffled.304065/
Relevancy 43.43%

I ve run into a frustrating problem trying to get XP to runfollowing a unique power outage Here s what happened My Dell Dimension with XP Home SP all updates a refuses failure strange boot to following XP power installed was in the process of restarting rebooting when I accidently tripped over the power cord pulling it from the wall outlet Now XP refuses to load even in quot safe quot mode Thinking that I might have to repair XP I attempted to boot the machine from the XP installation disk but it no longer recognizes the quot C quot drive A rescue disk called Bootmaster described the problem as quot Windows has terminated abnormally with unwritten data in the disk buffer This results in corruption of the file system that can prevent Windows from mounting the volume or from booting properly This error is XP refuses to boot following a strange power failure reported when the heads and sector values reported by the bios are different from those reported in the BPB of boot sectors of the disk and indicates that the translation has changed since the disk s partitions were originally formatted quot This error message is far too complex for my level of understanding Can anyone suggest a fix Thank you Bob nbsp

A:XP refuses to boot following a strange power failure

Have you tried entering BIOS setup to see if the BIOS recognizes the drive?

Try setting to "Auto Detect". You may need to use "User Defined" and enter the information on the drive manually.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-refuses-to-boot-following-a-strange-power-failure.620679/
Relevancy 43.43%

Ok well i moved from Manchester to leeds - before that my pc was idle for weeks and my mum moved issue? problems bios PC power Strange maybe - No / it to put my room back to normal after my stay over summer When i got home i set it all up - and pressed power - no bios showing on monitors at all - the light stayed on orange friends laptop pluged into monitor blue light all works fine When i got no signal i pressed the power button once for a small time and the computer stayed on - usually when i have had problems like Strange PC problems - No bios / maybe power issue? this although usually the bios stil shows and windows was the issue the pc wil turn off instantly but this time it stayed on and required a holding down of the button in order to switch it off - not sure if this means anything after taking apart and cleaning all the parts - swapping power supply to a different one and then back again - it worked on the origional power supply - with nothing changed but then after i added a wired network card literally the Strange PC problems - No bios / maybe power issue? only change it stopped working back to origional problem of no screen iunput bios even showing Also when i took the lan card out it wouldnt work like it did before P Also sometiems when turning it on it would pwoer up for second then lose power for seconds then without pressing the power button again power back up well after taking it all apart again it wouldnt work - i was also thinking at that point it was a ddgey motherboard since when i take it out i press on it a little to pop in the cpu heatsynch and fan - but this was a random guess again i then proceeded to remove the motherboard lithiumn battery and harddrive and dcrom and all but stick of ram this got me to the bios - showing on my screen even after a few restarts everytime - so i added the harddrive and after that the pc worked with gb of ram so now its working but with only gb of ram so i can hardly paly my games i decided to change the ram to be gb - but that made the same problem happen so i presumed maybe that nd stick was dodgey - and i added x gb of the otehr ram that i have leaving empty and that worked all night with no rstarts of the pc I went to bed and woke up - again not working- so i change out the ram so only stick of ram is there the origional stick of working decent ram and take otu the battery and replace it - pc boots up one final message here is that when i had the ram in the pc again this morning it powered up for a sec then lost power noise it makes i dont see the light when it happened so i dno if motherboard lost all power - but maybe that light is powered by the battery anyway i dont know and then continued to power backl up without pressing the button and didnt show any signal This led me to believe it was a power issue - but to note i also have taken of the heat synch without adding a new load of metaly paste stuff forget name lol and i have done this several times any ideas from what i write i think i have added everything possible i dont see how adding type of all my hardware can help but if it will just ask - im hoping from this quite detailed description of what happened you guys can work out where my issue is - and then i can troubleshoot at some point with some prios to check first atm i dont wana mess with anything other than try to add gb of ram instead so i can play my games because i really miss my pc and watching playing stuff - i have no money to replace parts and no desktop i can swap bits ot with atm but im sur ei can arrange something pls dont say i need a new mother board P lol

A:Strange PC problems - No bios / maybe power issue?

you should really have replaced the thermal paste (not saying this is the cause though), and when you removed the cmos battery did you buy a new one? I don't really understand what you mean by you press on the motherboard to pop in the heatsync and fan?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-pc-problems-no-bios-maybe-power-issue-606829.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Without any indication of slow computer etc.. suddenly a very short blue screen then unable to boot from any device.

I had changed to a new SSD just 8 months back.

I need help with this otherwise nice Laptop.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624367/my-t410-with-ssd-is-not-booting-from-any-device/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi all, I have a T410 that's from 2010 with the i5 520m cpu. I bought it used recently and I don't think the bios has ever been upgraded. When I follow the regular instructions of entering BIOS --> Config --> CPU, I saw a menu of four choices. The bottom two wereIntel(R) Virtualization Technology [DISABLED]Intel(R) VT-d Feature [DISABLED]I tried to change them, but strangely the menu only let me navigate through the first two choices (I can't recall them exactly now but they didn't seem to have anything to do with virtualization), nothing seemed to allow me to access the bottom two choices...  How should I go about fixing this properly?  I want to be very careful with upgrading/flashing BIOS as I really don't want to end up with a brick Thanks

A:Enabling Intel VT-x in a T410

Look for your BIOS Version and post it(You can find it on the start page of your BIOS)VT-x is supported by your CPU, but maybe there are conflicting settings..Maybe you really have to update the BIOS but that shouldn't be a real problem...Use a disk image, hook your thinkpad to the power and let it be for 20 minutes or so... 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Enabling-Intel-VT-x-in-a-T410/td-p/1851016
Relevancy 43.43%

On T410 upgraded Windows 10 32bit op sys to 64 bit and Epson projector no longer works.   Worked flawlessly and effortlessly prior to upgrade to 64 bit.  Help? thankshal mann

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-64-bit-projector/td-p/3464149
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone,
Need a new laptop for my computer science degree, considered quite a few. Was just wondering if anyone has an oppinion on the Lenovo ThinkPad T410 2516, I would upgrade it as follows:
i5-460m processor
windows 7 home premium 64
3/4GB RAM
320GB 7200rpm hard drive
9 cell battery
Anyone think i should upgrade it differently, I'd like to get it a little cheaper so where if anywhere should i make the cuts in upgrades?
Has anyone got this laptop? is it particularly heavy to carry around?

A:What do you think of the Lenovo ThinkPad T410?

what the difference in 3 and 4GB memory - i would not expect you to use that amount of memory unless you are using some special heavy memory programs

what other choice of CPUs do you have

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-do-you-think-of-the-lenovo-thinkpad-t410.957614/
Relevancy 43.43%

I did a hardware scan on my computer and it showed me a hardware problem with the memory. The computer have been working fine for many years now. The only thing I did not so long after I got it was to upgrade to 8 GB of memory and an SSD disk. So it have been working great for many years.No it's started turning it self of sometimes while I use it. The scan showed result code: WMEBVVBTH-WL8BRF Also see the log attached. Is the memory starting to go bad or is it the Windows? The computer is upgraded to Windows 10 a few months back.

Report.jpg ?48 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-with-a-memory-problem/td-p/3363533
Relevancy 43.43%

I have had to reload W7 and cannot find drivers on the driver page for these:? Any help appreciatted!Device manager?

A:T410 driver issue

Welcome to the forum!

Install and run Lenovo System Update, it should take care of the missing drivers: click me!

-

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-driver-issue/td-p/3477243
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello Iam new here my wifi card broke and I want to replace it!.Original card is Intel centrino advanced - n - 6200 FRU 60Y2331.Can I replace whit this one T410s wifi card Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300. And what equalizer would you recommend to make sound better. Thank you!All The Best,Janar

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-WIFI-card/td-p/3382868
Relevancy 43.43%

At the end of the day when I close my laptop, the display will turn off but sometimes the system won't go into sleep mode. I then have to open the lid again and completely shut down the system. Is there an easy way to fix this?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/System-won-t-sleep-on-T410/td-p/3345906
Relevancy 43.43%

I have been getting regularly occurring BSODs with various errors. Looking for help please.
The dump output from BSOD program and performance monitor data are attached.

The system is:
Laptop
Lenovo T410
Current OS is Windows 7 and is the one that came with the system.
System is 3 or 4 years old.

The BSODs seem to occur during heavy browser usage. Having multiple tabs opened and switching back and forth between tabs, the browser, and desktop apps. But almost always (if not always), when I am in a browser window.

Thanks,

Paul T.

A:BSOD Lenovo T410

Additional info ... The internet browser being used seems to be unimportant. I get BSODs with Chrome, Firefox and IE.

Paul T.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-lenovo-t410-761169.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi Guys nbsp I need your help here I bought a refurbished T in Oct from Newegg It has a Win professional Today when I turned on the computer it first give out a brief it 15. bought in a has refurbished. t410 ... Oct. Now Thinkpad then it gave out a brief green screen Finally it will stay on a 'black' screen It seems that my screen is 'good' since it first has very briefly Thinkpad Recnetly I have downloaded software which I supspect it has virus on it Also to day before t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... I turned the computer t410 refurbished. bought in Oct. 15. Now it has a ... off I changed the computer time to Jun I am not sure if these activities are related to my 'black' screen nbsp I later connected a external display and I could do everything on it my external display is good nbsp Lenovo 'black' screen external display is working when the computer is turned on 'Thinkpad' briefly showed up then a brief green screen then goes to 'black' nbsp Please give me your advices Thanks nbsp Dan nbsp nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/t410-refurbished-bought-in-Oct-15-Now-it-has-a-black-screen/td-p/3338506
Relevancy 43%

I m not exactly new to computers but I m completely at a A few issues. strange loss here A few strange issues. with what to do I boot up and sometimes it won t let me open A few strange issues. hardly any programs and won t register if I try them from the start menu yet they show them as running in the processes in task manager Other times almost everything works fine seems like the only thing not wanting to work at those times is Windows Live Messenger Also I ctrl alt del sometimes and it says it can t open the menu and I ve had to post the run command directly to my desktop to try and run certain things manually I m running a bit win OS and I ve recently fixed a bunch of registries with the newest TrendMicro Titanium max security and that s helped out quite a bit but I just can t seem to figure out what is going on with it I ve ran just about every scan possible and haven t found any viruses spyware etc Sooo I m hoping this HJT log will hold some kind of valuable information if anybody could help me please Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows OEM Mon exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Trend Micro RUBotted RUBottedGUI exe C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium UIFramework uiWinMgr exe C Program Files x Opera opera exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www facebook com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - no file O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Trend Micro NSC BHO - CA B-DC D- A - - E FAC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmIEPlg dll O - BHO Trend Micro Toolbar BHO - C D -A C - c - F -FD E E - C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium UIFramework ToolbarIE dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO TmBpIeBHO - BBACBAFD-FA E- - B - EB F D AC - C Program Files Trend Micro AMSP Module TmBpIe dll O - BHO Ask Toolbar BHO - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll file missing O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar no name - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - no file O - Toolbar FrostWire Toolbar - D C F- A- -A AD- D - C Program Files x Ask com GenericAskToolbar dll file missing O - Toolbar Trend Micro Toolbar - CCAC - D - c -B A-F A D - C Program Files Trend Micro Titanium UIFramework ToolbarIE dll O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run OEM Mon exe C Windows OEM Mon exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Trend Micro RUBotted V Beta C Program Files x Trend Micro RUBotted RUBottedGUI exe O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users Omega AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - Extra button C Windows WindowsMobile INetRepl dll - - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F -... Read more

A:A few strange issues.

I'd also like to add that the only reason I removed MWB was because trendmicro made me lol, but before I did I ran the scans with AVG, MWB, both up to date, and even ran the TM scan and still nothing as far as malware goes, I generally don't get much malware, I'm pretty safe with my browsing and downloads, I get the occasional adware or spyware every few months or so, but that's about it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/a-few-strange-issues.995951/
Relevancy 43%

I ve recently moved and when I set up my computer again my USB ports are not working Well not working isn t USB Issues Strange necessarily true they Strange USB Issues only recognize one of my USB devices Web Cam I have ports in the front and in the back Unfortunately they are ports but I ve never had any issues with them before Neither of the ports recognize my wireless gamepad Logitech Wingman USB Hubs which was purchased last week Media Card reader and MP player Whenever I plug into a port I don t get the standard Windows chime that says Windows has detected a new device I do get the chime with the web cam Some specs Dell Dimension GHz Pentium Windows XP Home SP In the device manager the rear USB ports Intel BA BAM USB Universal Host Controller - and are shown as well as their corresponding USB Root Hubs The front ports are not shown though I assume that they used to show up but I can t remember Anyway there are no issues with the rear ports in the device manager The one device that does work the web cam works in all four ports so they are all powered I have uninstalled the devices mentioned in previous threads in this forum in device manager and rebooted twice Nothing happens I have checked my BIOS and USB is enabled I can understand if one USB device just stopped working but for devices to not be recognized one that was just purchased has baffled me to no end Any ideas nbsp

A:Strange USB Issues

You're sure that the devices actually work? Have you tried them on other computers? Did you have to install any drivers with your hardware before you moved? If yes, have you tried re-installing them? Are your devices usb 1.1 or 2.0?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-usb-issues.354169/
Relevancy 43%

All of a sudden my Dell laptop just over a year old go figure has issues Strange started acting funny Here's some of Strange issues the issues that started happening all of a sudden -It runs super slow at times and freezing up svchost exe seems to be taking a lot of resources up when that's happening -The memory card reader doesn't work It makes the noise that a new device has been recognized when I put one it but it never shows up in My Computer -Both firefox and IE aren't Strange issues loading some sites I'm connected to the internet and some sites load just fine and others never seem to load- and it's not that the site is down The list of sites I can't access I'm starting to discover is big and which sites can be access and which ones can't doesn't seem to follow any pattern- I can access google amp gmail but it won't perform a search either from the page or from the search toolbar in both IE and firefox I can access and log into my banking sites ebay and other random sites some secure some not But I can't access weather com the Neosmart forums the Dell community forums dell com and others I can access facebook com but I can't log on My first thought was I have some type of spyware even though I'm very good about not downloading stuff so I ran a ad-aware scan and it came up with nothing I also ran a hijackthis scan and everything was normal there too I'd been noticing recently that some windows processes in task manager are using what seemed like a large amount of memory I then looked my other computer and on the problem one Explorer exe is running around - kb- on my other computer it only runs around that big of a difference between the two machines both running xp- the problem one pro on a laptop the other home on a desktop is not normal Also svchost is using more I'll check on the differences in numbers later I've already Defraged my drive even though the analyzer said it wasn't necessary and ran ccleaner and fixed a whole ton of things found It doesn't seem to have fixed the issue of the progresses running on more memory than usual or the internet issue I ran Process Explorer also and can save and send a log file screen shot if need be There's a lot of stuff highlighted in pink- all under services exe and lsas exe Under services the svchost exe process dcom server process launcher has a couple of McAffee processes highlighted in blue and wmiprvse exe is in dark orange brown Explorer exe and all processes under it are highlighted in blue- under it would be the programs I have running firefox google talk dell utilities and two rundll exe quot Run DLL as an App quot processes Any thoughts on what's causing any of these issues or how I can fix them I don't have a lot of programs starting up when windows loads though it runs fine at first When I run into problems it's also not when I'm using a lot of resources the other day I had McAffee GoogleTalk and IE and it froze up- it took me mins just to shut it down every click of the mouse keystroke took about a minute to be recognized

A:Strange issues

This morning I was checking out some of the processes on my laptop and comparing them to my desktop. Svchost was going way up (made it up to like 120,000 kb) and then the computer started freezing. I had to leave for work and didn't have time to open up Process explorer or anything to get a more detailed report. At the time I was running McAffee (it was scanning for viruses), Windows Defender, Word, and I'd just launched Firefox, but it hadn't loaded yet. Like I said, I couldn't get to see what specific service svchost was using, but I'm guessing it was probably dcom service process launcher since that was the one highlighted in Process Explorer yesterday. When I get home today I guess I'll find out what happens I leave the computer be for a bit, if it finishes whatever it was doing and fixes itself, or if it's still frozen/acting super slow.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/strange-issues-260260.html
Relevancy 43%

Recently FF upgraded to latest version I didn't have any probs even after that either Few days ago I was performing an bank transaction all of a sudden I got warning msg Java Deployment Toolkit is unsafe or something on those terms near the navbar on the page popping up amp the address bar was showing unsafe icon so I selected the option to Never Strange with issues FF Activate in Add-Ons for Java Deployment Kit closed FF amp restarted FF with Strange issues with FF fresh windows Once again I went into bank transactions Strange issues with FF it didn't throw me any Strange issues with FF errors but when I logged into my Online Bank Account it didn't show any warning or anything but stated due to Java being disabled it can't show files related to it it didn't matter for me as I just logged on to check my balance Now I encountered something really strange Because of my work I have to fill lots of online forms which usually get stored in the drop down boxes in the Text Boxes on forms just like the way quot Thread title quot stores our previous opened topic titles Now for certain boxes I see the entries to be showing up twice For example if an entry should show email address assuming my email id is - user gmail com it shows up twice in the drop down boxes I didn't know what's the reason behind this One more important change I noticed is when I enter any particular field in CAPS on text boxes it doesn't get stored in the text box history I'm not sure if was released in such fashion or something else is messing this one up as well I'm not sure if its related to any security issues I have no issues to delete the extra entry but I just don't want to downplay my security concerns Please let me know what I can do amp importantly I must not lose the data stored in FF as it has tonnes of my data stored its very hard for me to get most of them back if I freshly install FF again apologies for my english as it ain't my first language

A:Strange issues with FF

The same thing happens with me. Version 23. Once I enter a word in a text field the next time I start to type the same word I see it twice in the dropdown selection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/301047-strange-issues-ff.html
Relevancy 43%

For some reason my computer has been acting a bit strange. I cannot switch users because whenever I try, my system beeps and freezes. In addition, I cannot use system restore because every time I try, it says "Restoration Incomplete" and that my computer cannot be restored to a previous point.

Can someone help me?

A:Strange Issues?

It is possible that malware is causing the problems. Best to eliminate that as a cause first. Suggest you do scans with whatever antispyware and antivirus you have installed on your computer. Here are two more.Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds. http://www.superantispyware.com/Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.htmlPost a Hijack This log in the Hijack This Forum by following the directions in the link below if the programs above have not removed ALL malware. DO NOT post the log in this forum.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting into Windows Safe Modehttp://www.computerhope.com/issues/chsafe.htm(pre-Vista OS's)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/90464/strange-issues/
Relevancy 43%

Hi guys - first post here so please be nice Got a frustrating problem and nothing seems to work but first will give you a bit of specs issues USB Strange first I am running -bit Vista on a AMD Phenom x with a Gigabyte M SLI-DS motherboard with gig of DDR and Gb Hdd However Vista isn t detecting neither my psp nor my gig iPod Touch through the USB ports The PSP comes up with an unknown device message when I plug it in but the iPod doesn t register a thing However if Strange USB issues I plug the iPod into the firewire port on the motherboard it does charge up but still not detected at all I have tried uninstalling and installing iTunes various times removing everything and anything related to it every single time which may I add is not fun I have also formatted reinstalled and set up Vista about times now but nothing I have checked my bios and it is up to date as well Any help would be great as right now have got two expensive paperweights sitting next to me Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Strange USB issues

This would tend to indicate that the motherboard chipset drivers have not been installed.

Windows default drivers just won't do the trick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-usb-issues.753391/
Relevancy 43%

Friends system XP home had a couple typical antivir type infections got those to stop popping up no proxies enabled in IE or firefox Have run MSSE and malwarebytes both clean Right now no problem connecting to the internet expect windows update but when he I try to update MSSE it fails with error Virus and issues Strange Spyware definitions update failed Security essentials could not check for spyware or virus definitions update to to an internet or network connectivity issue click help for more information about this problem nothing there helped Error code x efe Error description Security Essentials couldn t install the definition update please try again later and also the machine gives a quot internet explorer cannot display this page quot Strange issues error when i quot diagnose problem it says that it could not find an issue I ran the microsoft fixit to reset the host file restarted same issue everything works though he describes an issue when ge visits the Chicago sun times sports section he says the machine almost always goes in to quot high gear quot and some sort of adserver what i interpret as such form his description of what appears in the status bar is trying but failing to load ads after Strange issues he closes down the browser in a minute of two it stops Whats the next step

A:Strange issues

TDSSkiller removed something, no log, malwarebytes found HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WhiteSmokeTranslator (PUP.WhiteSmoke) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. was then able to update MSSE.
MSSE then found and removed
Trojan:win32/Alureon.DX
and
TrajoandDwnloader:Java/Openconnection.J
System is running better, pages load faster at Chicago Trib(not sun times), though come to find out all pages were having loading issues.
Still worried about what may be present.
I am helping the friend remotely using teamviewer

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/384708/strange-issues/
Relevancy 43%

First a little background The computer that this refers to has been RAM issues Strange my main production computer for the past months with no hardware issues It has run solidly with Vista SP x Vista SP For production I have replaced it with another machine and this has become my test production machine Machine specs Gigabyte GA-EP -UD P motherboard Q Rev Strange RAM issues GO Corsair G x G DDR - - - v Corsair HX PS EVGA GT All standard bios settings except as required to get RAM to run at rated speed and clocks manually changed multiplier and voltage - bios set timings Otherwise no overclock Installed and ran x and then x Clean installs Both ran without problems except for a few bugs I then did a clean install of x Installed all my apps and everything seemed to work so I assumed the system was working I then had the idea to add more sticks of RAM Crucial G x G DDR - - - v to bring me to a total of G Note these were removed from a thrid system when I upgraded it The had worked flawlessly in this system for years at the same timings and voltages As I am aware that mixing RAM has been known to cause problems I tested I ran memtest for hours no problem I ran OCCT for hours and prime for hours All without problems I assumed that I was good to go At first it seemed that way I noticed big speed improvements in Photoshop and Premiere Pro CS Everything seemed to be okay Ran for hours of intense use as a production machine Then Bluescreen I had left the computer to make a cup of tea Came back and saw a BSOD First thought was that had a bug Rebooted and finished my days work Left the computer on running utorrent - giving back which prevents it from going to sleep Next morning I came back to another BSOD Over the next couple of days I would get BSODs or times per day but the strange thing was that it was only when the computer was unstressed During hard use it was rock solid I noticed that preceding these BSODs background appications such as sidebar or wmpnetwk etc would start to crash a couple of minutes before the BSOD always different but often in the Kernal Once again I thought about my RAM I reran memtest for hours and then the MS ramtest for passes No problems Next day same pattern happened twice Some app crashes during low activity periods and then BSOD I removed the G RAM and have run for a week with not a single app crash or BSOD I really like Does anyone have any ideas why the machine would have problems like this expecially since the machine is typically idling when it crashes My thoughts to get us started sticks are more demanding to run than sticks but why only during unstressed periods There is a strange bug in windows that does not like sticks or a heterogenious mixture of sticks but why only during unstressed periods My MB dynamically changes voltages in response to load perhaps it relaxes too much under no load situations Thanks for your help Mark

A:Strange RAM issues

The causes of BSOD's are elusive. You've got issues at rest and only with extra RAM installed - but the RAM tests good.

I'd suggest underclocking the RAM to 800 mHz to see if that improves stability.
You can also disable the changing voltages to see if that has any effect.
Also, check your BIOS version against the versions available from Gigabyte. In particular, read the release notes to see if there are memory issues addressed there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/14103-strange-ram-issues.html
Relevancy 43%

All of a sudden my Dell laptop just over a year old go figure as soon as the warranty expires it Strange issues gives me problems has started acting funny Here s some of the issues that started happening all of a sudden -It runs super slow at times Strange issues and freezes up svchost exe seems to be taking a lot of resources up when that s happening -The memory card reader doesn t work Windows makes the noise that a new device has been recognized when I put one in but it never shows up in My Computer -Both Firefox and IE aren t loading some sites I m connected to the internet and some sites load just fine and others never seem to load- and it s not that the site is down My Google customized homepage will load but I can t do any searches either from the page or from the search tool bar in both IE and Firefox weather com won t load- and the list seems to grow My first thought was I have some type of spyware even though I m very good about not downloading stuff so I ran a ad-aware scan and it came up with nothing I also ran a hijackthis scan and everything was normal there too Any thoughts on what s causing any of these issues or how I can fix them nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-issues.721740/
Relevancy 43%

HP Envy xxx i - QM AMD Radeon HD M -inch diagonal Radiance Full HD GB DDR quot Vengeance quot bit Windows GB Hybrid HDD I seem to be having crashes on my laptop as of recent but the patterns they follow are very strange It's almost like i'm getting a BSOD while it being used but instead the screen just go black and all power cuts It then reboots and random laptop cuts on Strange power and sudden starts up as usual As far as I can tell there is no conflicting software causing this and it happens without any pattern Since there is no Blue Screen I cannot give a dump file However on the even viewer I see an event labeled quot Critical PM Kernel-Power quot under the critical category Now this seems like the CPU or other internal component is overheating But when i look at HWMonitor Pro the CPU stays Strange random and sudden power cuts on laptop under a steady C under load and C idle This happens in a range of occasions such as rendering videos with Handbrake to simply browsing the web I will say Strange random and sudden power cuts on laptop this I recently swapped Strange random and sudden power cuts on laptop out my RAM cards because the OEM one's were causing BSOD's about a month ago If you'd like more specific information on the laptop visit my old thread All the info is up to date but i will re-do any tasks if you ask me to Thanks in advance

A:Strange random and sudden power cuts on laptop

I have almost this exact problem, but on desktop PC. I get the kernel power log, although in my case I think this is caused by the hard re-set I have to do to get the computer working again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248402-strange-random-sudden-power-cuts-laptop.html
Relevancy 43%

Quick question for ya, what or how is this possible? or is it "Normal" Never have seen this before, no problems with system, new antec case, new 945G-M3 mobo with pressler 930 cpu, new antec power supply 500watt.. System performs excellent, no crashes, nothing. The 12 volt bothers me. Have not been able to check another system with this program. Thanks for any help or comments. Pic:

Relevancy 43%

I recently built a new computer (Intel mobo, Core 2 Duo quad-core, 4GB RAM) and installed the Windows 7 beta (32-bit).

One issue that I have observed seems to be related to power management. After about a half-hour of non-use, the computer seems to go into sleep mode. The screen shuts down, all the fans stop, and the hard drive and power lights go out. It then sits there for about a minute like this, and then, for no reason that I can see, it powers back up again. The fans rev up, the lights come on, the screen takes on a glow (though nothing is displayed), etc.

After a few minutes, it powers down again. After another minute, it powers back up. This cycle seems to go on indefinitely.

Does anone have any idea what might be causing this or what I might do to determine what the problem is? I have never seen anything like this before.

Thanks!

A:Strange Windows 7 beta power management issue...

It could be one of your peripherals waking the computer from sleep.
Check the setting of anything you have that could wake the computer up!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/4940-strange-windows-7-beta-power-management-issue.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello nbsp since beginning of the year I have started to have connection problems to any wireless network All of a sudden the laptop no more connects to any wireless network home school phone hotspot and always shows an error Cannot connect to this network It worked before but aftero some unknown update the connection cannot be established anymore nbsp The issue was present on Win system but even after upgrading to Win it still doesnt work Latest system and Lenovo companion updates were installed I have also tested multiple WAN drivers current one is - Intel Centrino Advanced N I have tested live Fedora DVD and it connected to any wireless network just fine - the problem have to be somewhere in the Windows OS nbsp Troubleshooting via Windows tools didnt help at all also running system check via Lenovo Solution Center didnt return any result In Windows system setup is the adapter set to NOT safe power when on battery nbsp Any help will be much appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Cant connect to any wireless network - T410 Win 10

Here are some things to try Check for Unknown Devices in Device Manager Right click on start and select Device ManagerDouble left click on section titled "Unknown Devices" if listedReport back any Unknown Devices which are listed Turn off any firewalls you might have with your AV, or the Windows Firewall (just for testing) Right Click on Start, and select Control PanelOpen Windows Firewall control panelChoose option "Turn Windows Firewall On or Off"Test your Wifi Reset Windows Network settings Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commandsType:  netsh winsock reset  and press EnterType:  netsh int ip reset  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /release  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /renew  and press EnterType:  ipconfig /flushdns  and press EnterReboot and test your WiFi connection  Uninstall WiFi Adapter/driver and install fresh driver  Connect to internet using wired Ethernet LAN Uninstall the Wireless adapter from Device ManagerRight click on start and select Device ManagerDouble Left click on Network AdaptersLocate your WiFi Adapter and select Uninstall (make sure to select the option to "Delete driver software for this device"Once complete, right click on Network Adapters from within Device Manager and select "Scan for Hardware Changes"Windows should redetect your adapter and download the correct driver. Create Diagnostic reports Right Click on Start and select Command Prompt (Admin)In the Command Prompt (Admin) window, type the following commands ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt netsh wlan show all >c:\wlan.txt Two text files (ipconfig.txt and wlan.txt) will be created on the root of your harddrive or C:\.    Please locate and attach to a reply using the Choose File option. Good Luck

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Cant-connect-to-any-wireless-network-T410-Win-10/td-p/3300169
Relevancy 43%

There are ultra bay adapters for the T410, as well as many other T-series laptops so you can install a 2nd hard drive in place of the CD or DVD drive.  I have the adapter and drive but for some reason the computer doesn't recognize the drive in the bay.  You can hear the drive attempt to power on and spin but after it boots there isn't any sign of the drive.  Are there some steps I'm missing, something I need to change?   I just updated to a 240GB SSD, so the 2nd drive is the OEM 250GB HDD it does still have the OS installed, which would be wiped if I could just get the drive to load so I could format it and use it as a storage drive.  I'm running Windows 10 64bit.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Ultra-Bay-For-2nd-Hard-Drive/td-p/3334989
Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Screen/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 43%

Hi Guys,

I got Lenovo T410, I installed Windows 7 Ultimate, and it function well besides that I don't have comunication, no WiFi nor by cable. I assume driver is missing. Any suggestion?

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/388823-communication-driver-lenovo-t410.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi AllT410 gave fan error and stop workingI replaced with new one and now fan works perfectly. (I hear it works and blows)Now I have totally black screen problem, nothing on screen even no dots.The power button is green (for me yellow), fan works,BUT I see nothing on screen.Any idea?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Fan-Error-than-Black-Scrren/td-p/3416577
Relevancy 43%

A friend dropped off a T410 system. Windows is flakey and locks up after about 5 minutes. Ran the HD test program in the BIOS. It finished but gave me a bunch of 0000 Read verification errors though the controller tested fine. What I'd like to do is format the Windows partition and re-install. But I don't have Windows disks (there is a COA sticker for Windows 7 Home Premium 64). Can I build a set of recovery disks from this system? Even if Windows won't run? Any info would be a great help. Thanks.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Refurbished-T410-Windows-flakey/td-p/3379948
Relevancy 43%

I need some help please I keep getting Consistant I5 BSOD T410 Lenovo a BSOD like clockwork on my Laptop The Laptop can run in safe mode with no issues Tested this last night and this it was still on this morning I initially thought it was the ram so I removed the onboard Gb and replaced it with a new chip Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 I thought it Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 was the video drivers so I tried all Lenovo's recommended Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410 drivers but it doesnt work cause according to the drivers I dont have a graphics card I reloaded windows to bit by doing a clean install and have not loaded any other drivers except the ones thats generic by windows I am clueless as I have tried every angle possible Anyone pls Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP C C C BCP F EA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Danie AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Consistant BSOD Lenovo I5 T410

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225684-consistant-bsod-lenovo-i5-t410.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello there,I wanted to get all my data from my old Thinkpad T410, so I took out the SSD which was installed in it and connected it to my newer Computer. The problem is that my new bought Computer did not recognize the drive at all, so I tested the drive externally on my Thinkpad and this doesn't recognize it either nor will it boot from it when it is connected via USB. I tested the drive on Windows, Linux and MacOS, there are no problems with my external connector, my Thinkpad boots without problems from other USB-Drives and the drives work internally without any problems. On Linux, the drives are detected but not mountable and not formatable... I hope someone has an answer to this problem 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Thinkpad-T410-SSD-HDD-not-recognized-externally/td-p/3425062
Relevancy 43%

Woke up one morning to a dead PC. Wouldn't boot. Downloaded and burned Hiren. Which does boot. Does this mean its my HDD?
Can I use Hiren to try and repair HDD? Buy a new Hdd and install Win10 from thumb drive?
Thanks
Paul

Relevancy 43%

Hello, Model: 2522-DM1 I'm looking for new hard drive for upgrading my exisitng 320GB HDD but i have one question thatwhat will be the maximum hard drive capacity support in my system?? In lenovo site it has mention max 500GB HDD and 250GB SSD but when i go through forum and other online utility where it has mention that it can support upto 1TB HDD,SSHD and SSD. see below linkhttp://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//thinkpad-t410-series someone please clarify this.. if 1TB is supported then i would intereset in seagate SSHD 1TB 32GB NAND (P/N:ST1000LX001) and also i have seen Toshiba SSHD which is also good but i need expert's suggstion on this.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Hard-disk-upgrade/td-p/3371277
Relevancy 43%

Have been trying to upgrade my T410 running Win7 SP1 64bit  from 2x2GB to 2x4GB RAM (KVR13S9S8/4, Kingston ValueRAM 4GB SO-DIMM, 204Pin, DDR3-1333MHz, 4GB, DDR-1333 (PC3-10600), CL9, 204-Pin) but Windows doesn't start with this memory. The weird thing is that the PC boots and i can enter the BIOS and can see the 8GB installed, but Windows 7 hangs at the startup screen and never comes up. I first thought of defect in RAM and have requested replacement from vendor, but same issue with new RAM modules. Any idea why this is? Tx

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:2x4GB RAM on T410 doesn't work

Does it boot with one stick installed?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/2x4GB-RAM-on-T410-doesn-t-work/td-p/1365891
Relevancy 43%

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

A:Lenovo Thinkpad T410 Driver Help

Quote: Originally Posted by verbatim20

I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and was wondering where I could get the fingerprint reader, bluetooth and thinkvantage drivers for my Thinkpad. I'm not really sure which drivers to get online.

Hi verbatim, you can find the drivers here Lenovo Support - Download Drivers and Software (GB)? if you need further help post back

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/183853-lenovo-thinkpad-t410-driver-help.html
Relevancy 43%

Hi Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in Thinkpad T400?

A:Can I use Battery from Lenovo ThinkPad T410 in T40...

No.  It is a different shape

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-I-use-Battery-from-Lenovo-ThinkPad-T410-in-T400/td-p/3316561
Relevancy 43%

I'm trying to figure out if the slow performance of my T410 (on certain apps - mainly Firefox and Quicken) could possibly be caused by an overheating problem that I know I have (because I sometimes get a "fan error" on startup, and because it is hotter to the touch that it seems it should be).  My speculation is that maybe the CPU has a temperature monitor, and when the temp gets too high it throttles down the CPU.  Is there any truth to that idea? ~ Thanks in advance~ Ken

A:Can overheating cause slow performance on a T410?

That is true.Your fan error means your fan is running slow, which would hurt cooling

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-overheating-cause-slow-performance-on-a-T410/td-p/3484435
Relevancy 43%

About two weeks ago, I began getting BSODs on a 9 month old ThinkPad T410 running Win Professional 7x64, OEM. This is the original install of the OS, and there have been no recent hardware changes. Prior to this issue, the machine has performed without any failures.

Today's failure happened quite spontaneously (or so it seemed to me) while the ThinkPad was sitting unattended and unused for about 15 minutes.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

A:ThinkPad T410 100000b8 BSODs

Hello and welcome,
Uninstall Acronis Software as dump blames them.

Update your Conexant Modem: Lenovo Support - Modem Adapter Software for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit), XP - ThinkPad

Code:
CAX_CNXT.sys Wed Jul 01 07:59:52 2009
CAX_DPV.sys Wed Jul 01 08:05:11 2009
CAXHWAZL.sys Wed Jul 01 08:01:14 2009
mdmxsdk.sys Tue Jun 20 09:27:26 2006
Update your ThinkPad TrackPad: Lenovo Support - UltraNav driver for Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit), Vista (32-bit, 64-bit) and XP (32-bit, 64-bit) - ThinkPad

Code:
ltpFiltr.sys Mon Jun 15 01:49:50 2009
ltpwrflt.sys Mon May 11 15:47:52 2009
Update your RIM Software ---> Research In Motion - Products

Code:
RimSerial_AMD64.sys Tue Nov 25 06:01:01 2008
Dean

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 100000B8, {fffffa8006c7c680, fffff8800316efc0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\snapman.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for snapman.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for snapman.sys
Probably caused by : snapman.sys ( snapman+18e71 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

ATTEMPTED_SWITCH_FROM_DPC (b8)
A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine.
This is an illegal operation and the stack track will lead to the offending
code and original DPC routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8006c7c680, Original thread which is the cause of the failure
Arg2: fffff8800316efc0, New thread
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Stack address of the original thread
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_THREAD: fffffa8006c7c680

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xB8

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800032ea992 to fffff800032e7eda

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03193580 fffff800`032ea992 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06c7c680 fffffa80`00000000 fffff880`0f8b487c : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
fffff880`031936c0 fffff800`032ed1af : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03164180 0000000f`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
fffff880`03193750 fffff880`01818e71 : fffff880`0182b100 fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x19f
fffff880`031937f0 fffff880`0182b100 : fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 : snapman+0x18e71
fffff880`031937f8 fffff880`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 : snapman+0x2b100
fffff880`03193800 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`032f0f00 fffff880`03164180 fffff880`0182b140 fffffa80`07d7a348 : 0xfffff880`00000000
STACK_COMMAND: .thread 0xfffffa8006c7c680 ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
snapman+18e71
fffff880`01818e71 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: snapman+18e71

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: snapman

IMAGE_NAME: snapman.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 45265d99

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

BUCKET_ID: X64_0xB8_snapman+18e71

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`0ffc0000 fffff8... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153766-thinkpad-t410-100000b8-bsods.html
Relevancy 43%

Good afternoon all nbsp While I have researched the heck out of this issue I have not been able to come up with anything useful I have been having this ongoing problem with my Lenovo 10) Above T410 Battery - (Windows 74% Not Charging T laptop and the battery charging above Sometimes the charging light will turn amber sometimes it will stay green with a random quick flash here and there I'm trying T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% to determine for a fact if the battery I have is not functioning or if it's something else T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74% causing it Below are the steps I've taken to troubleshoot nbsp Completely discharged battery and recharged with laptop off Reseated battery and attempted to remove dust from battery connection port Checked Windows registry for settings regarding charging actions at certain percentages This was initially upgraded to Win - Fully remove Lenovo Power Manager from machine Verify using HWInfo that it appears the battery health is good can provide image if requested Completely reformatted and fresh installed Windows There may be a step or two I have forgotten but if someone asks I'll let you know if I did it or not I would love to get this fixed as the laptop serves my purposes other than having a fully charged battery If there's a surefire way to know factually if it's the battery then I'll go ahead and replace it Thanks all

A:T410 (Windows 10) - Battery Not Charging Above 74%

Have you tried recalibrating the battery? Open Lenovo Power Manager -> switch to advanced -> Battery -> Battery Maintenance -> Perform Reset. It will take a lot of time to complete, don't remove AC power while this is running. Let it run while you are sleeping or something similar so that you won't have to interrupt the process.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Windows-10-Battery-Not-Charging-Above-74/td-p/3373420
Relevancy 43%

I recently bought an ultrabay adapter off ebay that was compatible with the T T S nbsp The Lenovo part would be nbsp HDD T410 Ultrabay Question SOLVED! - ThinkPad Serial Hard Drive Bay Adapter III P N nbsp N nbsp I took out the original GB HDD and put an Intel X -V in the main HD bay nbsp T410 Ultrabay HDD Question - SOLVED! Then I put the original drive in the Ultrabay Adapter nbsp When I power up the machine the Ultrabay drive spins up for a second and the light on the adapter comes on and then the drive turns off nbsp The Ultrabay drive is not found by the BIOS I have - installed nbsp I called Lenovo tech support and was told that there is no Ultrabay adapter for the T and the website confirms this when I search for storage adapter accessories for it nbsp Is there some way to get a second HDD to work in the Ultrabay nbsp EDIT The solution Thanks to Dd nbsp To enable the DVD automatic power off feature open the Advanced view in Power Manager go to the Power Plan tab and expand the System Settings dropdown Now set nbsp Automatic Optical Drive Power Off nbsp to nbsp Enabled nbsp on AC and battery You'll be able to see and set this setting nbsp Automatic Optical Drive Power Off nbsp only if your DVD drive is inside of your ultrabay After being idle for or minutes your DVD drive will be powered off Then this new icon Other E Powered Off will appear in My Computer nbsp nbsp Make a shortcut of that icon on your desktop nbsp because after you remove your DVD drive this icon will disappear from My Computer Remove the DVD drive place your ultrabay hdd adapter double click that shorcut which you placed on the desktop and it will power on your ultrabay As I said in my previous post after you restart Winodws you'll have to double click that shortcut again to power on the ultrabay nbsp You can just go to Safely Remove Drive to power it down when you're not using it Solved Go to Solution

A:T410 Ultrabay HDD Question - SOLVED!

you got a knock off or the real one? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T410-Ultrabay-HDD-Question-SOLVED/td-p/236873
Relevancy 42.57%

So the last couple months my computer has been acting very strangely I m honestly not sure if it s a bug or spyware or what but I m completely stumped at where to even start on the problem The issues I ve VERY be issues...help strange appreciated Really would been having is that programs are suddenly just not starting up at all It started with MSN a few months ago initially just shutting down randomly then taking a long time to start up and now it won t even start at all Tried re-installing but nothing works Now suddenly iTunes just won t start up Trying to start it up causes the computer to start thinking the little hourglass on the mouse but it never ends up starting This just happened today iTunes worked fine this morning restarted the computer and now it won t start at all The weirdest thing Going into task manager all the menu s are missing including the max min exit bar Don t Really strange issues...help would be VERY appreciated know if that s related at all but I ve attached a screen to show what it looks like My only thoughts are that it might be a memory issue But I can run much more memory intensive programs like D apps And this Really strange issues...help would be VERY appreciated just suddenly happened so I can t imagine my memory is just disappearing So I m only left thinking that maybe it s a bug I ve attached my HJT log if anyone wants to take a look at this Any thoughts would be very much appreciated I m in big trouble if I start loosing work related programs like photoshop or maya EDIT Just wanted to add it appears these programs are actually running when trying to re-install iTunes it tells me the app is running but they don t appear in the task bar or on task manager nbsp

A:Really strange issues...help would be VERY appreciated

Any thoughts? Anyone?? I could really use some help....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/really-strange-issues-help-would-be-very-appreciated.740720/
Relevancy 42.57%

My computer has been having some odd problems since I brought it home from my dorm in May Every once Strange BIOS issues in a while it will stop giving me a video output Strange BIOS issues So I follow the same steps I will first try to reset the BIOS When that dosen t work It usually dosen t I will remove my video card and attempt to use the onboard Video The onboard video usually Strange BIOS issues stops working I also noticed my built in Ethernet no longer works around this point When I get no onboard video I remove all but one stick of RAM and try to reset the bios again When I still yet get no video I disconnect any PCI cards unplug all peripherals and disconnect power to them If I havent already I then try booting the computer with no ram the ram card in different slots different ram cards in different slots resetting the bios occasionally Anyway usually what happens is by the time I am about to give up for no apparent reason the Mobo will start working correctly again I will have done nothing special when this happens My current problem is that this issue has occurred and the mobo will not resume normal operation despite all attempts Just wondering if any of you had any idea what may be going on My personal opinion is that the BIOS is heavily corrupted and or that the motherboard is just flawed It bothers me that everything else works fine during all my tests harddrives spin and sound as though they read CPU fan spins etc But the the Video is just gone Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Looking for a little help here aren t most of us anyway Anyhooo I picked up my kids computer from my ex s house When they started it up all the display would show was no signal I brought it home and plugged it into a Computer Strange Issues CRT monitor that I have and got the same thing I opened it up and removed all the cards cleaned it out and put it back Strange Computer Issues together thinking that because it s been around a while the PCI and AGP cards might not be seated as well as when it was new Along the way I noticed that on the hold downs on the CPU Strange Computer Issues heatsink one of the corner clips was broken off I removed the heat sink reseated the CPU and since the one corner was broken I put the computer on it s side and set the heatsink on the CPU Then it fired right up I thought that maybe the heat sink was putting pressure on the CPU lopsided and maybe Strange Computer Issues that was the problem I have a Zalman heat sink on mine and I put it in their computer If I tightened the screws down even in the slightest it wouldn t start I might get the POST beep and then nothing If I unscrewed the heatsink reseated the CPU and set the heat sink on without screwing it on the computer worked But each time I had to reseat the CPU I would have to reset the BIOS settings I ve taken the CPU out of mine and put it in and if I tighten the heatsink I get the same issue I m thinking the motherboard is bad but have no way to test it The setup is as follows ASUS P S motherboard Intel P CPU ATI video card in the AGP slot gb of Geil DDR memory GB IDE HD Sound blaster Audigy card Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Strange Computer Issues

It sounds as if the pressure on the CPU is causing the problem, maybe the pressure is mis-seeding it somehow, you might have damaged the one of the pinholes. But I'm probably not telling you nothing that you haven't already thought about. Have you tried blowing out the CPU placement pad ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-computer-issues.664556/
Relevancy 42.57%

After playing a low-res game, a friend of mine who uses Windows Vista ran into resolution issues. After several attempts at changing the resolution to 1024x768, the screen still appears, as she describes "magnified." For example, the AIM windows at the smallest size it allows you to shrink them to, still takes up a good fifth of the screen because the (resolution or something, I've never seen anything quite like this) is so high. It's not precisely a resolution problem, or I would have been able to fix it quickly. Icons are all properly sized, etc., but it's still as she describes "like a magnifying glass" is on the screen. I'm not physically at the computer so I can't very well examine it aside from screenshots here and there, so I am unable to ascertain what the problem is with 100% certainty. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-resolution-issues.714671/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I got some really strange issues on my laptop First of all - all these issues only appear after booting the machine normally when I just hibernate it everything works fine When I turn the machine on I see the following things hp logo BIOS BitLocker confirming that it loaded Ultimate log on 64-Bit issues on strange the encryption key Starting Windows Black screen Logon screen background quot Please wait quot and then just nothing happens strange log on issues on Ultimate 64-Bit After about seconds the HDD stops and Windows is apparently ready - apart from the fact that I still see no logon screen Luckily I can circumvent this problem If I press the power button Windows will enter standby mode just as usual Then I can press any key to wake up strange log on issues on Ultimate 64-Bit the computer which leads to the normal logon screen Then I logon using a fingerprint reader and Windows shows the quot Welcome quot -Message Then the screen turns black for a short moment returning me to the logon screen To me this looks quite like a userinit exe - problem After this failed logon I can logon normally until I restart my computer Does anyone have an idea what is causing this Thank you for your help Felix Freiberger

A:strange log on issues on Ultimate 64-Bit

Hello again Felix.

You're still having issues with that laptop; sorry I'm no help with this one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/81799-strange-log-issues-ultimate-64-bit.html
Relevancy 42.57%

When I start up my laptop and get to desktop, avast and SAS icons don't appear in system tray even though task manager says they are running. Sticky notes also doesn't appear like it normally does.
There are 3 or 4 chrome processes that I see in task manager as well as an HGWC.exe that can't be ended with end task. I get an access is denied error when I do so. I know HGWC belongs to one of my games but having uninstalled that game the .exe is still in manager even after restart as well as a folder that says I need permission to delete even though I'm administrator.
Help please?

A:Strange laptop issues

Wow. I restarted the laptop instead of shutting it down and turning it back on. Got a windows update thing after pressing restart and when it got to desktop afterwards, things were back to normal. Think I solved my problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576317/strange-laptop-issues/
Relevancy 42.57%

I'm using a Gateway MX8738

Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

My problem... well it's something I've never experienced before. And searches have pulled nothing.

Whenever I stream video on this laptop, I have to move the mouse/trackpad around for the bar to continue loading. Originally I thought this was just graphical and it was actually loading, just not refreshing the bar. No, that is not the case.

It will play until it hits the ending of the bar, and won't continue until I move the mouse to make the bar load.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining it the best way though. I like to think of it like the following: It's like winding up a toy. A very annoying toy.

If anyone has any help, I'd be incredibly thankful.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/strange-mouse-issues.772010/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey everyone I have been Strange stuttering issues having strange stuttering issues on my new Pc and i can't figure out whats causing it Basically it happens randomly and what happens is the game i'm playing or youtube video i'm watching will start to stutter and then make a horrible noise out of my speakers Its not constant but it happens quite often A friend was helping me with the issue last night and suggested that i go into device manager and click the drop down box for Network adaptors and Strange stuttering issues disable 'Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller' as he Strange stuttering issues had Strange stuttering issues heard something before about disabling that solved an issue similar to mine He said before i do however that i should come onto this forum and get a second opinion on the matter I suggested that i should buy a sound card as i have onboard sound but he said wait until i have tried absolutly everything to solve the issue The issue seems to be most common with Dead Rising but it can sometimes happen with my other games Whilst in device manager i checked all my drivers and they are all up-to-date Also if it helps my speakers plug in via USB and not the standard audio input Any more information you require about my computer please feel free to ask and i am happy to give all information required to solve the issue Thank you

A:Strange stuttering issues

Update your audio drivers:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS M4A87TD/USB3

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/115040-strange-stuttering-issues.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Greets to all This in regards to a Win Enterprise b system I've had problems installing various software packages and it is appearing to be user-related When I try and install certain packages demo for Corel Painter for example they throw up a dialog box asking if you agree to various terms The 'bug' is that this dialog box shows up BLANK and there is no way to interact with it and I have to abort the install - often by using Task Manger and killing the process This has happened for a number of install-attempts in other programs as well I logged in as Admin and later as a new user with admin Strange User issues rights and did the installs - and voila - the dialog box appears as it should and the install ran fine The Painter demo ran fine as well When I re-log in as the original user and run the Painter demo it gets into a very squirrely mode - a blank dialog appears Strange User issues after a great deal of time and the cursor is jittering all over the screen - and I have to go to Task Manger and kill the Painter Strange User issues process It would appear there is something munged up in this Strange User issues user - can anybody offer any ideas on where to look It appears whenever an app puts up the dialog box that asks if you agree with the license or similar this user has something wrong that won't let it run Any clues Alan R

A:Strange User issues

Can you run the executable as an admin? Did you verify that this application is Windows 7 compatible? What about running the executable in Compatibility Mode...assuming you answered yes to my second question?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/143935-strange-user-issues.html