Windows Support Forum

Can I install DDR3 RAM in the additional RAM slot in my note...

Q: Can I install DDR3 RAM in the additional RAM slot in my note...

It came with a DDR4 RAM. I want to add a RAM in the 2nd slot. I contacted the tech support and they said that I can install DDR3 RAM in the additional slot. But the shop from where I bought advised me not to do so. Notebook : HP Pavilion AU-084tx.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-install-DDR3-RAM-in-the-additional-RAM-slot-in-my/td-p/5778853
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Can I install DDR3 RAM in the additional RAM slot in my note...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 82.99%

Hello my old laptop Acer aspire 7551g had 4gb DDR3 1333.

The new one is Lenovo G500s with DDR3 1single 1666 so i have one slot left.

So DDR3 1333 + DDR3 1666 will work or not?

The goal is to have 8gb ram so i can cheak if Watch Dogs still lag when driving (i know one stupid game not worth it?)

What i want to know is is it safe to try?

So thank you for answears.

A:Will DDR3 1666 slot work with older DDR3 1333 mem stick? (laptop)

Bump...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/332813-will-ddr3-1666-slot-work-older-ddr3-1333-mem-stick-laptop.html
Relevancy 69.23%

will there be any danger or risk doing so ?

A:Using ddr3 ram on ddr3l slot

Hi: Most likely the DDR3 memory either won't work, or you will get a BIOS message reporting you are using the wrong voltage memory and to replace it with the right memory. I don't think you will wreck the PC, but can't say for sure. But I can tell you, it isn't a good idea.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Using-ddr3-ram-on-ddr3l-slot/td-p/5733859
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi, as the title says my motherboard is a bit old which is ASRock G41C-S and its maximum support of RAM front side bus is 1333MHz, so i'm running 4GB of ram with two different modules one is A-Data 2GB DDR3 1333MHz and another is Apacer 2GB DDR3 1333MHz and i've ran them together for a year without any issues at all but i found that my PC wasn't running at full speed compared to other PC's with the same specifications so i'm planning to buy Kingston HyperX Blu 1600MHz running at 1.65V and now i don't know if my mobo will accept this kind of memory to run it stable without any issues. So please give me an answer and thank you so much in advance

A:Would RAM DDR3 1600MHz 1.65v run on 1333MHz 1.5V slot ?

If it's 1333mhz, then that's as fast as it will run. 1600mhzetc will only run @ 1333mhz with your board.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/287916-would-ram-ddr3-1600mhz-1-65v-run-1333mhz-1-5v-slot.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Does HP ProBook 430 G4 have any free M2 slot for additional  SSD? I am going to buy one, it is brand new model. I know that HP ProBook 430 G3 has additional slot, but I cannot find any review about HP ProBook 430 G4. Please help! Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Additional-free-M2-slot-for-SSD/td-p/5831739
Relevancy 66.22%

Dear Lenovo,As topic memtioned, can M2 2242 SATA3 256GB SSD apply to WWAN Slot?Or only can replace the HDD to SDD?Thanks.Sinmantik 

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Can we use WWAN SLOT to add additional storage in ...

Per this thread, SSD is not supported in the T460 WWAN slot.  It is in some (many) other models but not the T460.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T460-M-2-Spec/td-p/2247417

Z.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/Can-we-use-WWAN-SLOT-to-add-additional-storage-in-T460/td-p/3431051
Relevancy 55.04%

I wanted to upgrade my RAM with a 4GB stick running instead of old 2 GB DDR3 stick

bought a new ram for my Gigabyte GA-G41M-Combo motherboard, when i plug my 4gb ram the pc doesnt boot
This 4GB DDR3 RAM Kingston Technology Company - Kingston Memory Search - Search Results for: KVR13N9S8/4

It says in my motherboard specifications on Gigabyte's website tht my motherboard "Support for DDR3 1333(O.C.)/1066/800 MHz memory modules"

how am i supposed to make this RAM work on my motherboard

Please Help Me

A:how to make DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB work on my Gigabyte G41-M Combo mobo?

I'm afraid that RAM is not supported, I downloaded the Memory Support List from: (and attached)

GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 775 - GA-G41M-Combo (rev. 2.0)

Also, you are better off getting 2 sticks, since:
Your motherboard:

Features Dual channel memory architecture, best to use two sticks to take advantage of the Dual channel, should be identical RAM sticks.
Multi-channel memory architecture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That motherboard supports very few 4 gig sticks at all and fact you have to overclock to handle 1333, I would just buy one step lower: 2 * 2 gig 1066 sticks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/296204-how-make-ddr3-1333-ddr3-4-gb-work-my-gigabyte-g41-m-combo-mobo.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Friendsi have Lenovo ThinkCentre M58p 7188RT1it have 4 GB (DDR3 1067 MHz) RAM Installed, i bought a new 4 GB RAM (DDR3 1333 MHz)when i tried to install it, the PC started Beepingi updated it's Bios through BIOS update (Flash from operating system version)but still unable to install the new RAM in it.kindly HelpRegards ...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M58P-7188-RAM-Upgrade-DDR3-1067-MHz-to-DDR3-1333-MHz/td-p/3413756
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey guys I m wondering if I can install gigs of DDR on on motherboard? this Can I install DDR3 my HP desktop I m pretty sure I can t but I want to verify It s currently running gigs of DDR Here s what the quot Memory Upgrade Information quot says on HP com s website for my quot HP elite Can I install DDR3 on this motherboard? m Can I install DDR3 on this motherboard? f quot Desktop -- Memory upgrade information Dual channel memory architecture Four -pin DDR DIMM sockets Supported DIMM types PC - MHz PC - MHz Non-ECC memory only unbuffered Supports GB DDR DIMMs Supports up to GB Can I install DDR3 on this motherboard? on bit PCs Supports up to GB on bit PCs -bit operating systems cannot address a full GB of memory If I can what type would you recommend what should I look for Secondly if I cannot how much of a difference would gigs of DDR make in comparison to DDR when trying to play an upcoming game like Elder Scrolls Skyrim Does DDR make that much of a difference Also I m running Windows Professional -bit Thanks in advance guys nbsp

A:Can I install DDR3 on this motherboard?

Lyxdeslic said:

Hey guys, I'm wondering if I can install 8gigs of DDR3 on my HP desktop. I'm pretty sure I can't, but I want to verify. It's currently running 6gigs of DDR2 Click to expand...

You've answered your own question. If you computer uses DDR2, it can't run DDR3.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-install-ddr3-on-this-motherboard.1024721/
Relevancy 54.18%

OHPS Got the wrong forum can you transfer to the installation and set up forum please HI I have purchased new WIN Pro Full Retail edition Asus P P PRO REV MB Intel i - K Ghz CPU Corsair GB DDR Memory Corsair CMPSU W PSU Arctic cooling freezer ancillary bits and bobs The above to replace my aging A N-SLI system running XP SP I have two Hard Drives Hard Drive gb partitioned with XP on partition and data on partition MB,CPU,PSU,DDR3, 2 but install XP ready WIN keep new 7, Have well? as Hard Drive gb I have also partitioned as partition WIN OS partition WIN DATA partition General Data Part Have new MB,CPU,PSU,DDR3, WIN 7, ready 2 install but keep XP as well? used and partition as a Backup partition Part used WIN OS and WIN DATA empty When I replace the hardware components I still wish to keep XP running until I am happy with the WIN installation I would like to install WIN on the WIN OS partition Bit obvious that but leave XP on its partition I think I will have to reinstall XP and all other programs or is this not the case as on some posts I have read that sometimes the OS will function after a new MB install Is it practical to install one OS on each HD or best to install on one HD with two partitions say XP on partition and WIN on partition I have read the excellent articles on dual booting but would like to clarify the above questions Regards Trapper

A:Have new MB,CPU,PSU,DDR3, WIN 7, ready 2 install but keep XP as well?

This could work. Your old motherboard is using the nvidia ata drivers in ide mode (most likely) and if you were to attempt to boot your xp install as is, windows would crash with a stop error. If you wanted to keep the same xp install, the easiest thing to try would be enabling msahci and pciide before you swap the hardware over.

Open regedit and navigate to these keys

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start

Set the start values to 0

Check in your bios on your new motherboard to see what mode your sata drives are running in. AHCI or IDE (Ideally you would be running AHCI)
Try booting your xp drive with AHCI. If all goes well then it will sort itself out and install all the correct drivers for the new setup. If not switch your drives from AHCI to IDE in the bios and try again. Then all you have to do is reactivate.

Next set your 300gb drive as the boot drive in your bios and install windows 7 on it. During the install it should detect the other windows drive and add it to the boot menu. If not it's easy to add afterwards with "EasyBCD".

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/200856-have-new-mb-cpu-psu-ddr3-win-7-ready-2-install-but-keep-xp-well.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hello folks, simple question here,
I have one note 2007 installed on my pc and want to just make a small tweak to it that is a nuicannce in my opinion more than an atcual problem. What i want to do is when onenote closes (meaning the main application) i want to have its tray application close itself. Trust me, it is useful and i have been reviewing this application and like it for starting college but find it annoying how i have the tray application open even when the program is closed. If someone could tell me how to do this it would be appreciated. And i do know about disabling the icon but i dont want to do that as the tray application i find has plenty of usefull features.

Relevancy 53.75%

I found out there is some conflicting information about the type of ram for Lenevo Y - more specsific my model is Lenovo Y - Some or Y50-70 DDR3L : RAM... I Lenovo install Should DDR3 website forum said that it use DDR and some said it use DDR L Click here nbsp if this image not clearI can't find my model Lenovo Y - on Lenovo official website it seem that Lenovo already stop seeling this version I already scan my system with Lenovo Y50-70 : Should I install DDR3 or DDR3L RAM... CPUID CPU-Z amp HWiNFO amp this is the result nbsp Click here nbsp this image nbsp not clear nbsp As you see image that I gave above it state that my current RAM NOTE this is a defult ram that already Lenovo Y50-70 : Should I install DDR3 or DDR3L RAM... available nbsp when I bought it from Lenovo Official Shop is DDR - SDRAM SO-DIMM not DDR L nbsp I also try to scan with Crucial System Scanner but it didn't tell me what type of my RAM It only show compatible Memory RAM for me to buy amp in there nbsp it list both DDR amp DDR L nbsp So my question is which type should I buy DDR or DDR L or I can use both Thank You Solved Go to Solution

A:Lenovo Y50-70 : Should I install DDR3 or DDR3L RAM...

Hi LV7 , 

Greetings . 

You should get a DDR3L as per the your models product specifications :
16GB max / PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3L, non-parity, dual-channel capable, two 204-pin SO-DIMM sockets 

OEM recommended parts all DDR3L based from the hardware manual FRU listing (item 11 , page 91)
scanners would be basing it on other device specification like CPU and chipset only but again compatibility on its overall performance and BIOS would be a usual issue. it woul either boot with IRQ errors or just beeps on you . 
You may check your installed RAM physically and read the label , as sample processor i5-4200H Processor also show Memory Types DDR3L 1333/1600 .

Hope this answered your query .
Update us .

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-Should-I-install-DDR3-or-DDR3L-RAM/td-p/3307460
Relevancy 53.32%

Anyone use any "sticky note"/post it note type program? Looking for one.

Thanks

Relevancy 52.89%

Will this ram : see the link
Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLN-4G)

will work on my mothrboard? Gigabyte G41-Combo Rev 1.3 with 2.80 Ghz Core2Duo Processor?
Please help me.

A:Is DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB will work on my G41 Combo?

Quote: Originally Posted by mastertushar

Will this ram : see the link
Transcend DDR3-1333 DDR3 4 GB PC RAM (JM1333KLN-4G)

will work on my mothrboard? Gigabyte G41-Combo Rev 1.3 with 2.80 Ghz Core2Duo Processor?
Please help me.

Is that a G41M-Combo Rev 1.3?

If so, it supports both DDR2 and DDR3.

But you cannot mix DDR2 and DDR3. All RAM must be one or the other.

The specific RAM you mentioned is not listed on the qualified RAM list, but that doesn't mean it won't work.

From the Gigabyte web site for the G41M-Combo Rev 3:

DDR3:

2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory (Note 1)
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 1333(O.C.)/1066/800 MHz memory modules

DDR2:

2 x 1.8V DDR2 DIMM sockets supporting up to 8 GB of system memory (Note 1)
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR2 1066(O.C.)/800/667 MHz memory modules

(Note: Mixed mode, populating DDR2 and DDR3 memory modules simulta- neously is not supported. Go to GIGABYTE's website for the latest supported memory speeds and memory modules.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/228414-ddr3-1333-ddr3-4-gb-will-work-my-g41-combo.html
Relevancy 52.89%

1st time using Win 7 ....

After buying my ASUS G73SW was a little to rammy with getting it setup and thought i was deleting a sticky note but apparantley deleted the program as well ?

Anyway to restore or reinstall , i DL'd a differ sticky note program but dont like it and want original back if possible .

Thanks

Chris

Oh and is BitLocker available for Win 7 , seen a tutorial but was unable to find DL for it .

A:Sticky Note restore/re-install

See this thread, and all it's subsequent posts -

Sticky Note Application gone

Quote:
Oh and is BitLocker available for Win 7 , seen a tutorial but was unable to find DL for it .

Bitlocker isn't a download, it's built into Windows.

BitLocker Drive Encryption - Internal Data Hard Drives - Turn On or Off
But notice the Warning in the tutorial -

BitLocker is only available in the Windows 7 Ultimate and Enterprise editions.

You appear to have Home Premium, so Bitlocker wouldn't be available in your Edition. Might look into something like TrueCrypt or similar as an alternative. TrueCrypt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/165265-sticky-note-restore-re-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have a Dell Inspiron E laptop running windows XP SP Lexmark will install note printer driver Until recently my Lexmark x worked fine Then I Lexmark printer driver will note install moved everything to another location and after Lexmark printer driver will note install reconnecting everything the printer was not communicating with the laptop I also have been getting messages at startup about a subspooler error After searching for solutions and trying Gillian s of them to no avail I uninstalled the printer software to start from scratch Inserted CD and went thru the installation process After the software had copied files and reset my system it produced a message box with quot installation cancelled by user quot Thinking the CD might be defective I went to the Lexmark site as well as more than a dozen others to find a new driver Downloaded and fired up at least with the same results installation cancelled by user The printer works to copy and the laptop recognizes it when I connect thru USB but it does not have the software to install it for use I can t determine if this is a Lexmark problem or an XP problem or a Dell problem Any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lexmark-printer-driver-will-note-install.1116766/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all nbsp I'm seriously considering a P but the storage options Lenovo offers in their configurator are obscenely expensive -- x to x above market value So I want to install my own Specifically I want M units and Hard Drives nbsp I'm aware that the second hard drive will have to replace the optical drive and that it will nbsp require nbsp this hard drive adapter So far so good nbsp What's not clear to me is if I need the special nbsp ThinkPad Mobile Workstation Storage Kit that is mentioned here I would imagine so but the Lenovo kit that this official post links to no longer exists And I can't find anything similar by searching for P accesories either Nor by searching the ostensible model number of the kit nbsp Futhermore this post nbsp also points to non-existent products for installing SATA and M devices nbsp So what's going on Do P s now come with the required mounting hardware be it installed in empty bays or in the box nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/P70-Do-you-still-need-a-kit-to-install-additional-M2s-and-HDs/td-p/3437939
Relevancy 52.03%

Will 2 X 16GB DDR4 3200MHZ RAM perform optimally with the intel core I5 - 4570S or do i need to get the DDR3 3200 MHZ RAM.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/install-additional-RAM/td-p/5769640
Relevancy 52.03%
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi. I just got a new Dell computer which is running Windows Vista. My previous computer has Windows XP running on it. If I connected my older harddrive (with Windows XP) to the new harddrive (with Vista) will I be able to access the files (ie mp3's, documents, etc) on the old drive or do i need to format the older drive or will that info be lost either way? Thank you.

A:install additional harddrive

SATA or IDE HDs?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-additional-harddrive.646595/
Relevancy 51.6%

OK heres what Im working with eMachines Model ET G AMD Athlon II X e Processor GHz GB RAM W Power Supply -bit Win SP GB SATA HDD Primary Im trying to install WD GB IDE HDDs that were stock in another PC One was a Master and one was a Slave Ive put the jumper on the Slave PIN slot on the former Master drive and tried hooking them both to the IDE ribbon with the old Master hooked to the Master port I have IDE port on my motherboard and a typical port ribbon cable I have the additional HDDs powered up and screwed in place but when I try to power up the PC with all HDDs hooked up it says Slave is BAD and Windows wont boot up from MY stock SATA HDD I can unplug one or the other IDE HDD and it Install Trying Additional HDDs to works fine but it wont work with both quot new quot ones hooked up So obviously something is not right Please help P S As of the time of this post the quot new quot HDDs are NOT wiped The old Master has a WIN OS and other junk on it and the old Slave has files and stuff on it They are from my kids PC and Im waiting on his new HDD to arrive Once I have transferred the data to his replacement HDD I will be wiping them If thats the solution to my problem then I apologize for wasting time but it doesnt seem like that should matter But I will admit ignorance on this particular subject nbsp

A:Trying to Install Additional HDDs

Check the jumper charts again. If it is a CS cable, try CS. Some drives also have different jumper settings for when there is another drive present and when there isn't. Check both charts and don't assume the jumpers for both follow the same pattern.

Check BIOS, too. Look in general at drive settings, but especially at boot priority to be sure that one of those drives is not set to boot before your SATA.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-install-additional-hdds.1032970/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi
My computer runs at normal use at 50 CPU and 37 Case. When playing Doom3 it goes up to CPU 75. I put a small fan against the exterior side of the computer vent and it cooled it down to 59 CPU and 40 case when running Doom3. I have another fan (dumpster diving) which is Nidec TD350dc (40cfm) brand new. It has 3 wires (yellow, black and red) ..... How do I connect it to my existing setup in the computer. Mounting the fan isn't a problem but the wiring isn't clear.
Ray

A:Help to install an additional cooling Fan

i think there are socket for this type of fans in your motherboard

i got 1 in my board

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-to-install-an-additional-cooling-fan.30582/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I recently bought the Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG laptop from Amazon.com. I would like to install another 8GB RAM and an additonal HDD. I have the following questions: 1) How do I access the RAM and HDD? I read in some forum that I just have to remove 3 screws of a plate on the bottom of the laptop? Correct? 2) What is the maximum thickness of compatible HDDS? 7mm or 9.5 mm? 3) Does anyone know a video that shows how to make these upgrades? The videos shown on Youtube are for other Acer Aspire models. Many thanks Peter

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Video-on-how-to-install-additional-HDD-and-RAM-in-E5-575G-53VG/td-p/443314
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I recently bought the Acer Aspire E5-575G-53VG laptop from Amazon.com. I would like to install another 8GB RAM and an additonal HDD. I have the following questions: 1) How do I access the RAM and HDD? I read in some forum that I just have to remove 3 screws of a plate on the bottom of the laptop? Correct? 2) What is the maximum thickness of compatible HDDS? 7mm or 9.5 mm? 3) Does anyone know a video that shows how to make these upgrades? The videos shown on Youtube are for other Acer Aspire models. Many thanks Peter

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Video-on-how-to-install-additional-HDD-and-RAM-in-E5-575G-53VG/td-p/443314/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.6%

Dear All, wich and how can I install an additional disk to my laptop? I've found a lot of info but for 840 G2 series.  I am still not sure if  a PCIe 128 GB will be detectable in bios for additional os. Where shoudl I insall the addiotional disk? To flash cashe? or for PCIe?regardsAdam

A:How to install an additional disk to HP 820 G1

Hi, HP 820 G1 is a series of many models/products. From the following document       http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/kmcsdirect/emr_na-c04342222-1.pdf It clearly says: 120-GB solid-state drive (2242/DS M.2 form factor)Not supported if 32-GB flash cache is selectedSet as primary storage if selected Now the question is: does your machine has 32GB for Intel SRT (Smart Response Technology) ? It only has one slot and you can only use for Intel SRT (Smart Response Technology) or for Primary storage, not both. Regards.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-install-an-additional-disk-to-HP-820-G1/td-p/5802710
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there, I just bought a new laptop through Best Buy. I am wondering if I am able to take some of the RAM from my old laptop and add them to my new one to expand the memory? If yes, how would I do this? From what I can tell/understand: New Laptop:HP Pavilion 15.6" Laptop - Silver (Intel Core i5-6200U 6th Gen/1TB HDD/8GB RAM/Windows 10)Model #: 15-AU018CA8 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 8 GB) (Transfer rates up to 2133 MT/s) http://www8.hp.com/ca/en/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=11992031http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/hp-hp-pavillion-15-6-laptop-silver-intel-core-i5-6200u-6th-gen-1... Old/Broken Laptop:HP ENVY m6-1188ca NB PC ALL8GB DDR3 SDRAM (2 DIMM)http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-ENVY-m6-Notebook-PC-series/5296045/model/5317064/document/c03... Thank you in advance!

A:Install additional RAM from old laptop?

No. DDR4 and DDR3 are not interchangeable. Square peg, round hole. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Install-additional-RAM-from-old-laptop/td-p/5833301
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi I want to install additional speakers currently I have eMachines PC amp HP monitor which is where speakers are Install additional speakers The speakers I want to install are eMachines but came with one of my first pc s The sound quality is superior to any others I ve had I have the speakers that came with the eMachines PC I now have but I haven t used them I just kept using monitor spkers Not great but got by till I decided to use media player more didn t have time for extras till now was so tired of pc after doing necessary work amp tasks that I didn t bother with the fun stuff Anyway these speakers are ones I would like to have on this PC also need to know Install additional speakers if I can leave the monitor speakers active amp use all speakers I don t know much on this subject but i ll do the best I can to inform u with info u need I thank the good Lord for link you provided What I can tell you is there is a port on PC to connect speakers amp of course I have usb cables if needed Original cables amp power supply cord are in tact amp everything is like new I m sorry don t know more to tell you but if you need to ask questions i ll try my best to answer them Many thanks for your help amp your unselfish willingness to help us I commend you amp appreciate time amp everything else you sacrifice in order to give of yourself in a tremendously huge way Many of us should take lessons from you What a better world we d live in if we were even a little like you I hope you ve heard the song quot Thank You For Giving to the Lord quot I can t stop humming it It just seems to fit you because when you give of yourself you re actually giving to Him just like He gave of Himself when He gave US His Son Jesus so we can have everlasting life by simply asking Jesus to save us That s it TRULY is that simple Doesn t cost a penny It s a free gift for us all because Jesus PAID THE PRICE for our sins There s no other love like that Oh me sorry so long Didn t mean to preach That s my husband s calling Even so I love to talk about God He is so good to me Have a blessed day amp thanks again K Long COPY PASTED INFO FOLLOWS Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard eMachines EL G Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Install additional speakers

Hi K, and welcome to TSG.

Assuming the monitor speakers are getting their audio through a stereo 3.5 mm mini-plug that is plugged into the audio output jack on the the back of the computer and the speakers you wish to add have the same type of plug, you should be able to use both sets of speakers at the same time. You would need a splitter cable with one 3.5 mm mini-plug feeding two 3.5 mm mini-jacks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-additional-speakers.1110143/
Relevancy 51.6%

Dear All, wich and how can I install an additional disk to my laptop? I've found a lot of info but for 840 G2 series.  I am still not sure if  a PCIe 128 GB will be detectable in bios for additional os. Where shoudl I insall the addiotional disk? To flash cashe? or for PCIe?regardsAdam

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/How-to-install-an-additional-disk-to-HP-820-G1/td-p/5799343
Relevancy 51.17%

ok right now i have 6gb of DDR3 PC3-10600 if i was to switch it out for 6gb of DDR3 PC3 12800 will i noticed a difference or will it still be there same in performance...
thanks

A:DDR3 PC3 12800 or DDR3 PC3-10600

Hi Monster212

According to the manufacturer's website specs on your motherboard (MSI Global ? Mainboard - P55M-GD41), your computer should support the faster RAM (when overclocked apparently), and therefore theoretically should acquire faster performance in the 5 - 10% range..

Hope that helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237917-ddr3-pc3-12800-ddr3-pc3-10600-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Alright guys...so newegg just informed me that I won the following memory in a Facebook contest: Crucial Ballistix 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 with heat spreaders and built in thermal sensor

The wording on the contest is vague, so I'm not sure if I'm getting 4 or 8GB of it. Right now, I have 6 GB of Crucial DDR3 1333 RAM in my comp. I was just wondering how much performance, if any, I would lose by replacing it with the RAM that I won (assuming they only send me 4GB).

A:4 GB of DDR3 1600 or 6GB of DDR3 1333?

It depends what your doing with it. If your not doing anything memory intensive then probably hardly any, 4GB is about the sweet spot with Win 7, and the access speed on that RAM is quicker

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/92722-4-gb-ddr3-1600-6gb-ddr3-1333-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I built my 1st PC and installed Win 10. I'm now in the middle of installing the Intel network drivers. It asks me if I want to install the network driver, Intel ProSet and Advanced Network Services.

Obviously I should install the network driver. But considering that I only got ethernet and no wireless on my motheboard, should I install Intel ProSet and Advanced Network Services? Are these needed if I only got Ethernet but no wireless?

A:Should I Install these Additional Network Softwares?

Keep It Simple. All you need is the driver.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/59578-should-i-install-these-additional-network-softwares.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Call this I guess the case of the phantom hard drive installed a Canon Multifunction Pixma PRINTER all auto pilot plug n play stuff and when the pc went to recognize the installation along with printer I found quot DRIVE F quot -REMOVABLE HARD DRIVE STORAGE DEVICE quot under quot MY COMPUTER printer don't that causes additional exist... install to new devices appear quot and on all subsequent reboots all I get is the quot FOUND NEW HARDWARE WIZZARD quot coming on looking for the damn thing when it clearlly isn t installed Checking the device manger under quot OTHER DEVICEs quot the non-existant hard drive seems to have taken-up resisdence as an quot UNKNOWN DEVICE quot - I ve tried deletinging and reinstalling the printer and the same thing happens although I think this all stems from the initial install Both pc and printer have worked normally together in the past- there s absolutley no explaination how why this happened- and Canon is clueless My objrective is to remove the non-existant removable had drive storage device stop the wizzard from appearing everytime I boot-up the pc and get a normal printer install of just the printer and none of the baggage it seems to be bringing along with it- the extra non-existant drives and devices This has become a huge pain particularly dealing with that NEW INSTALL WIZZARD looking for something that doesnt exist FYI also tried a restore point- helped a bit but caused the windows to shut -down on t he reboot- like printer install causes additional new devices to appear that don't exist... a new install creating a blue screen when certain drivers cant be found because the device that the drivers are intended for but cant be found- DOESNT EXIST Once I do the initial restore deal with this missing driver issue t hen reboot a second time the pc will operate ok but the DEVICE MGR stull shows a problem with the quot UNKNOWN DEVICE quot - Many Thanks in advance- any suggestions would be hugely appreciated Webz nbsp

A:printer install causes additional new devices to appear that don't exist...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-install-causes-additional-new-devices-to-appear-that-dont-exist.469501/
Relevancy 50.31%

I've installed an additional hard drive on a Dell Dimention 2400.
I disconnected the old drive, connected the new.
Installed WindowsXPhome and drivers using Dell discs,
the new drive is up and running. I powered down set the jumpers on both drives, enabled the new drive on setup menu and rebooted.

I can see the drive in the device manager but I can't see the drive in 'my computer'

what step am I missing?

thanks in advance.

Relevancy 50.31%

I know with a USB external Zip I just plug and play. But with a SCSI external zipdrive what do I need to buy and how do I install it? Someone told me it's not Plug and play.

A:Do I have to get additional hardware to install a SCSI external zip

You need a SCSI card. Once you have a working SCSI card, it is, indeed, plug and play.

A good one for ZIP drives is this one:
http://www.adaptec.com/products/overview/scsi2906.html

------------------
Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
LarryCore begs for money

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-i-have-to-get-additional-hardware-to-install-a-scsi-external-zip.34657/
Relevancy 50.31%

When I try to install Fax Services and IIS as additional components in WinXP, the installation stops with the message saying that it needs to find a particular file. (FXSCFGWZ.DLL for Fax Services and ADMXPROZ.DLL for IIS) I can find that file on the Windows CD in the i386 directory with an underscore in the extension indicating, I think, a compressed file. I can also find what appears to be the uncompressed file in C:\Windows\System32\dllcache. However, no matter which place I point the installer to, it just keeps coming back and telling me that it needs to find the file.

I've also tried copying the file from the \dllcache directory to the Windows32 directory, but that doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

A:Install of Additional Windows Components Fails

Welcome to TSG Larry. I see you also posted in Google > Groups -- did you happen to see this thread while you were there?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&th=64e97c53f4a64521&rnum=4

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/install-of-additional-windows-components-fails.101088/
Relevancy 50.31%

I'm looking to install an additional hard drive in my parents computer but just need some clarification that what I'm going to do is right! The current hard drive (10GB Western Digital WD Caviar 310000 IDE Hard Drive) in the PC is only 10GB hence why I need to add another one. The spec of the PC is as follows:

Gigabyte GA-7ZXE Motherboard
Athlon processor (not sure of specific model)
1280mb RAM
Windows XP
What other details if any do you need to know to figure out what type of hard drive etc I need to be installing? I'm currently thinking of installing http://www.amazon.co.uk/Western-Dig...5491423-1783839?ie=UTF8&qid=1174504105&sr=8-1

Will this be ok to use or not?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 49.88%

I have not been able to find out how to install a Blu-ray Burner into this XPS 8900. I have an LG that I had in my HP that I replaced with this Dell. I can not find any documentation on how to do this on the Dell XPS 8900.
I opened the case as it was easy on my HP and this thing has a cage all around it to even access the HD.
I would also like to add in an additional HDD to the unit but I don't see anywhere how to do this.. or to take the cage apart inside.
Please help me find documents on how to do this.

Keith

A:XPS 8900 How to Install a BluRay Burner & Additional Internal HDD

You'll find instructions to install or remove components in the XPS 8900 in the Service Manual.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19988110
Relevancy 49.45%

Oh i am going to get a pci slot fan to regulate the air around my very hot pci video card. It has a fan and heat sink but its very odd and makes fnny noises from time to time so im just waiting for it to quit. So what is the correct way to install a pci slot fan? and which is the best? as in a pci exhaust fan or a pci fan that regulates the air..

A:Correct way to install a pci slot fan

If there is such a thing

larryiam said:

Oh i am going to get a pci slot fan to regulate the air around my very hot pci video card. It has a fan and heat sink but its very odd and makes fnny noises from time to time so im just waiting for it to quit. So what is the correct way to install a pci slot fan? and which is the best? as in a pci exhaust fan or a pci fan that regulates the air..Click to expand...

Follow the installation directions that come with it.
But fans are usually Case Fans.Theres holes to screw them to.
One again : Read your motherboard manual. pci slots are for devices like
sound cards(not fans)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/correct-way-to-install-a-pci-slot-fan.107079/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, I just got a new Optiplex 5040 and physically installed the Samsung 950 Pro SSD in the m.2 slot, and I see it in boot sequence (when legacy option is chosen), but not when UEFI is chosen....so right now it's in legacy mode...but I don't see the drive under Drives M.2 PCIe SSD...
I simply want to install Windows 10 on this SSD as the boot...AHCI is on, what do I do??

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19984978
Relevancy 48.59%

Can i install a AGP 2x Video Card Into a Agp 1x slot ??

A:Can i install a AGP 2x Video Card Into a Agp 1x slot ??

They're supposed to be backwards compatible, so the answer should be yes. I have seen some newer motherboards that only accept the 1.5v AGP cards, so they wouldn't function with older AGP cards, but that's not your situation.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-install-a-agp-2x-video-card-into-a-agp-1x-slot.118001/
Relevancy 47.73%

HI,
I'm having problems after moving my GC to a higher slot on my Asus z87 sabertooth motherboard
You might know the card is quite big ,when i built it i installed it in the slot which was just above the PSU.
So, to give the fans more breathing space i move it.
now when it boots theres no card and it installs the standard VGA drivers.
Nothing in device manager or anything
Any ideas pls??
I thought of a bios reset or maybe a fresh install?
Do you think these might help??

A:Install GTX780 in Other PCIE Slot, Card not found??

Hi Gaz, ideally any gpu should be installed in the top slot, is this the slot it is in now?

You could try re-seating the card to make sure it is definitely located correctly.
Yes you could also try resetting the bios. I would not bother with a clean install of windows though as I doubt that would change anything.

Paul.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/307308-install-gtx780-other-pcie-slot-card-not-found.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I plug data cord into the SATA 2 slot. When I turned on the computer the drive sshowed up that it was only 746.39GB.  Does my mother board model MS-7613 (lona-GL8E) support a 3TB Sata HD. I'm just wanting to use the drive as storage. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-install-a-3TB-Segate-HD-in-my-expansion-slot-Plug-data/td-p/5797527
Relevancy 47.3%

My PC already had 4GB DDR3 Ram. Here are its specifications taken from CPUZ

Today I ordered another RAM of 4GB so that my PC will have a total of 8GB RAM.

I wanted to confirm whether my new Ram which I'm buying would be compatible with my old RAM considering the difference in their frequency as shown in the images.

A:New DDR3 RAM compatibility with old DDR3

Hi,
Possibly if you don't plan on using the old stick
You'd have to post the Mainboard section and google the mother board model to see what is compatible with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/397710-new-ddr3-ram-compatibility-old-ddr3.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I think the answer to that is yes....right? In fact it is DDR3 Unbuffered ECC Memory - so that is the exact type that I must upgrade right? Thanks

A:If my RAM is DDR3 can I ONLY upgrade to DDR3?

Correct, only DDR3 RAM can be used, any other type won't fit the slots anyway. If you have ECC ram now, you may be able to use non-ECC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/276562-if-my-ram-ddr3-can-i-only-upgrade-ddr3.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a AMD Dual slot video card on my Asus M A X-Evo Motherboard It is installed in the first x slot and I also have a PCI-e x XF-I Titanium Sound card The problem I am having is that one of the x slots is covered by the video card and the nd one is open but right smack below the Video card My Video card is the Sapphire slot Question PCI-e dual below slot card video about GHz Edition non OC Attached is a picture of what I am trying to explain My other question is Will this cause issues since one of the GPU fans is semi covered Its it recommended Last question If I move this to one of the x slots below on my motherboard will it cause my x PCI-E slot to slow down Thanks ahead of time for any help you can provide Computer Specs - Asus M A x-Evo Motherboard AM AMD FX Core Ghz Sapphire AMD Radeon GHz Edition GB GB DDR Kingston HyperX memory x GB GB WD Black Edtion SATA HD TB WD Black Edtion SATA HD Sound Blaster XF-I Titanium PCI-E x Sound Card Thremaltake Bronze PS Smart Series DVDRW SATA DVD-ROM SATA nbsp

A:Question about PCI-e slot below dual slot video card

My opinion ...

Yes, setting up like that will have an impact. The air flow to your GPU will be restricted so it will more than likely run hotter than it did. It may still stay withing recommended specs, but it will run hotter.

The motherboard has onboard sound (RealtekŪ ALC892 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC ), any particular reason why you don't use that? Onboard sound is perfectly good for gaming and the like now, its not like older machines where you needed a dedicated card for decent quality. In my opinion, you only need a dedicated card if you are doing a lot of detailed audio work (mixing, remastering and other specific audio work). This would totally remove the issue.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/question-about-pci-e-slot-below-dual-slot-video-card.1092148/
Relevancy 46.87%

I'm using Windows Professional bit with an ASUS P H -M PRO motherboard I'm trying to install an ASUS HD video card I've tried both the drivers on the CD that came with the card and the latest version from ASUS's website When I use the CD the error is quot Driver Install the installation failed quot When I install the drivers via Device Manager the error is quot The operation returned because the timeout period expired quot It takes about minutes to attempt to install during which time nothing is happening according to Task Manager The card does function with the quot Video Controller VGA Compatible quot drivers but obviously not very well REDACTED See below My quot Windows Experience Index quot is now instead of with my onboard video I upgraded because the new card supports higher resolution I don't see any visual difference perhaps because this computer is never used for gaming Is this a problem Thanks PianoGuy

A:ASUS HD5450 only works in PCIe 2.0 x1 slot, or driver install timeout

What happens when the card is in the pci-e slot and you turn on the machine ?

Does windows attempt to install drivers ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/279504-asus-hd5450-only-works-pcie-2-0-x1-slot-driver-install-timeout.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Just a quick question that came up in my head while I was reading the chapter about RAM in my hardware book... assuming that I'm building a gaming computer for myself with an i7 CPU and x58 chipset, what would give me better overall performance.... installing 4 memory modules of 2GB each and running on dual-channel mode or installing 3 memory modules of 2GB each and running on triple-channel mode?
thank you

A:8GB DDR3 (dual-channel) x 6GB DDR3 (triple-channel) Which is better?

Depends a lot on how much RAM your applications need. Triple channel is slightly faster, but if you. Err. Run two instances of Crysis, then you might need 8 GiB so the other solution is 'better'.
My vote goes for 3x2...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/8gb-ddr3-dual-channel-x-6gb-ddr3-triple-channel-which-is-better.907315/
Relevancy 46.01%

hi there,
i need to know which know which graphic card will fit for my computer. Ie i want to know which type: DDR ,DDR1 or ddr2 i bought my computer in 2007, but thats not enough to tell.
so please let me know how do i know which pci slot i have?

A:which graphic card slot do i require for my PCI slot

The type of memory doesn't matter, its the type of interface the computer supports among a few other things to watch for.

You likely have a PCI-Express slot, as long as it a x16 slot it doesn't really matter if its a version 1.1 or 2.0 slot.

Is this for your Dell or another computer? Whats you budget and what needs do you have for the video card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-graphic-card-slot-do-i-require-for-my-pci-slot.921803/
Relevancy 46.01%

This is the strangest thing I've seen in the past years of using computers I have an Acer Aspire - laptop that came with windows but I'm very picky and I wanted Windows xp back so I went onto Acer's website and won't mouse USB slot USB first other in works any slot, in only work but USB downloaded all of the windows xp drivers and then formatted the laptop to Windows XP with intergrated Service Pack The computer works just fine except for one very strange oddity - the USB mouse I'm using only works when plugged into the first USB slot it will refuse to work in the other USB slots I'm using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer USB which is my favorite mouse and I USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot have of them at home When I was formatting the laptop USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot I had the mouse plugged into the first USB slot and now that is the ONLY slot it will work in If I plug it into the other usb slots the red laser will come on which means it's getting power but it will not move the cursor and clicking either of the mouse buttons won't do anything When I have the Device Manager open and I plug the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer mouse into the first USB slot the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will appear in BOTH the 'Human Interface Devices' tab and also the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab However when plugging the mouse into the other usb slots the 'Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer ' entry will only appear in the 'Human Interface Devices' but NOT the 'Mice and other pointing devices' tab I could just go about my business using the first usb slot for the mouse but this little strange problem is pissing me off hugely as I might want to switch the mouse to another USB slot based on how I have the laptop positioned on a desk or other surface I should also note that the 'Human Interface Devices' tab has a 'HID compliant device' entry in it that isn't present on my desktop computer and my mouse works on any of the usb slots on my desktop computer I wonder if this is the problem I tried disabling this entry but it doesn't help any A final point to note is that I have many other usb devices such as flash memory sticks camera card readers external harddrives gps devices and they all work perfectly fine no matter which usb slot they are plugged into Very strange indeed Is there anyway to make my mouse work in any of the other USB slots

A:USB mouse only works in first USB slot, but won't work in any other USB slot

Hi NukesGoBoom,

I have seen a similar problem, but it was all USB ports that weren't working.

First, check the BIOS to make sure all USB ports are enabled, which they probably are.

Are all drivers installed and up to date? Do any yellow question marks or exclamation points show up in Device Manager?

-Coolfreak

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-mouse-only-works-in-first-usb-slot-but-wont-work-in-any-other-usb-slot-513250.html
Relevancy 46.01%

ok the lady I got this comp from says the comp the video card its reading now is not as good as the one in the PCI slot so Im wondering how do I make it so it reads the PCI slot

The AGP vid card though comes out with a Adaptor to make it so you can plug in moniters

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

and no there is no plug that goes into the PCI slot

I hope this is understanable

thanks

A:How to switch the comp from reading your AGP slot to PCI slot

Jimboson said:

Anyway Should I leave my moniter plug in the AGP slot video card or put it where no video card is but goes right into the computer

That's known as integrated graphics, now do you have a PCI video card and an APG video card or an Integrated video card and an AGP card?

Also what are they Radeon xxxx? or Nvidia xxxx? we need to know the model numbers to tell you which is the better on to use.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-switch-the-comp-from-reading-your-agp-slot-to-pci-slot.594580/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,

i have had trouble with my computer after cleaning it (can of compressed air) it would boot to log in screen then go black on the monitor or it would blue screen and restart.

after figuring out it was a RAM problem i tried another stick of RAM but same problem so i guess its the actual slot it goes into, i only have 2 on my motherboard lucky one of them is working still.

has anyone had this problem or know of a way to fix it, i am wondering if some of the canned air/gas became a liquid from spraying to close and got in it.

any help would be appreciated thanks.

A:RAM slot/DIMM slot? blue screening me!

Hi,

ok so i have been looking into my problem more, when booting i press tab to show the POST?? or somthing and it says that 1 of the RAMs wouldnt/couldnt R/W (read write?? i dont know)

then i get the screen saying that windows has had hardware changes and asking to how i want to start windows (normal, safe mode, etc) i have tried all but it just restarts.

now its only with 1 of the 2 dimm slots this happens and i have tried differend RAM in there but only the 1 slot works

any help would be appreciated

thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ram-slot-dimm-slot-blue-screening-me.152835/
Relevancy 44.29%

yah just a question, and if so give me a price range please for a pci

thanks

A:can I add a AGP slot or PCI slot to a comp that doesnt have one?

You can't add a slot to a motherboard.

How old is this computer that it doesn't have a PCI slot? Those have been around for quite a while. Are you sure it doesn't have one? Even AGP is not new technology.

EDIT: After seeing your other thread, are you asking if you can purchase an AGP or PCI video card? That's a totally different question, and the answer would be yes depending on which slot your motherboard has. How much it costs depends on what you plan to use the computer for. A simple one is cheap, and high-end gaming cards can get expensive.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-add-a-agp-slot-or-pci-slot-to-a-comp-that-doesnt-have-one.591093/
Relevancy 43.43%
Relevancy 41.71%

I Use ASUS Mother board which i use 128 and now want to add 256 indepently both are working but when i add its showing only 256 where i need to changes and wahts problem ? both are 133Mhz.

please reply
thanks

A:Install of additional 256 SDRAM for 128 SDRAM

I assume that if you put either module in the board it will work OK on its own. Have you tried swapping the modules over in the slots, sometimes it helps if the larger module is in the first slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/install-of-additional-256-sdram-for-128-sdram.17645/
Relevancy 40.85%

Basicaly iv'e run out of PCI slot.

So im left with a choice.

Either Sacrifice a PCI card and start buying USB hubs an devices

Or find a way to convert this lovley empty AGP slot into a PCI slot.

The question is can it be done?

Gie me a simple YES, NO or ITS REALY HARD AND EXPENSIVE answer please

Relevancy 40.85%

Is this a kensignton slot? Where I can attach a little security cable...

"found on 99% of laptops"

A:Kensington slot (k-slot)

Looks like it to me

Wikipedia has a picture of a Kensington lock slot on the side of Apple Powerbook laptop, and of the business end of the lock cable
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kensington_Security_Slot

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kensington-slot-k-slot.656505/
Relevancy 37.84%

While browsing the specs on several motherboards I'm considering, I noticed in the RAM specs, that some listed 1600MHz DDR3 (over clocking). What does the parenthetical note mean? Does it mean that this speed of RAM is only needed if the rig is over clocked?

I also noticed that one board listed ECC or non-ECC in the specs. I'm sure that ECC is more expensive...is it worth it?

A:Ddr3 ram

Quote: Originally Posted by seekermeister

While browsing the specs on several motherboards I'm considering, I noticed in the RAM specs, that some listed 1600MHz DDR3 (over clocking). What does the parenthetical note mean? Does it mean that this speed of RAM is only needed if the rig is over clocked?

When you overclock your system there are several ways of doing it. One is to increase the speed of the Bus, meaning it's a synchronous overclock. This means that all the devices controlled by the Bus speed are going to run faster than they were intended to, including the RAM. If your RAM was barely fast enough to keep up at the regular clock speed it would likely give you errors when running at a higher speed. One way to solve this is to buy RAM rated faster than necessary. When you overclock the Bus the RAM has no trouble keeping up.

This also avoids the possible downside of an asynchronous overclock, one where CPU end of the Bus gets boosted but the rest of the system stays at stock speed.

Quote:
I also noticed that one board listed ECC or non-ECC in the specs. I'm sure that ECC is more expensive...is it worth it?

ECC memory is used mostly in servers. Unless something has changed (or I'm just flat-out wrong ) it actually runs a tad slower than non-ECC RAM, mainly because it needs an extra step to check the data passing through it before it gives it the okey-dokey. Unless you have a specific reason for it, ECC is unnecessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/141748-ddr3-ram.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I recently found out that my laptop supports DDR3. I installed Hwinfo and was exploring the features of the program(Great Program!) and noticed that my Motherboard supports DDR3. Im thinking about upgrading from DDR2 to DDR3, but my question is where can I buy DDR3?
DDR3 Frequency Support 400MHz (DDR3-800)
FSB Frequency Support 200MHz (800 QDR)
Max Render Core 400MHz
If you need more information please ask

A:Where can I get DDR3?

It support both DDR2 & DDR3?

With DDR3, it really will only be a benefit if you can get DDR3 1333 or higher.

In the 800/1066 range, DDR2 will perform better due to lower latencies.

But to answer your question, any online retailers such as Newegg, Tigerdirect.
Sometimes stores such as Bestbuy carry some.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/73383-where-can-i-get-ddr3.html
Relevancy 37.84%

hello guys im a bit confused about my ddr3 ram is it possible to upgrade my ram to 6 giga ram.. i have a lenovo g550 and it has 2 ddr3 memory one is one gig and other is two gig... i would like to upgrade it remove the one gig ram and replace it with 4gig ram but i dont know if the 4gig new memory will not conflict with my old 2 giga... how can i know that i would not conflict.. heres my ram specs (2048 MB DDR3-SDRAM (1067 MHz)) what would be the best type of 4 giga ram that will not conflict with it...! thanks.. have a nice day....

A:ddr3 ram help

I'd suggest going to one of the major RAM suppliers like Crucial. You can plug your computer info into their "memory advisor tool" and it will tell you exactly what your computer is capable of handling. Generally speaking it's usually better to not mix and match but to get matched pairs of RAM (2x2GB, 2x4GB, etc.) Once you know what your computer can handle and the exact memory specifications, you can shop around for the lowest prices. Just as an example, a few days ago Newegg had 8GB DDR3 RAM (2x4GB) for under $50.

RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/173061-ddr3-ram-help.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi,
I have MSI K8N S939 mother board, can i install a graphic card with DDR3 ?

Thanx......

A:MSI K8N And DDR3

Yes you can as long as the card fits into the motherboard properly and your power supply has the proper connectors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-k8n-and-ddr3.128556/
Relevancy 37.84%

ok i've been browsing around the net looking for my next upgrade component and ddr3 ram has been knawing at me, i want to get it but am looking for some feedback from others who have it or have used it to let me know if it is worth it i am looking at getting
OCZ 4GB (2x 2GB) DDR3 PC3-10666 Reaper HPC Edition Dual Channel Kit Memory
my motherboard supports this so i guess it's just a case of getting warm and fuzzy feedback from people who might recommend it before i shell out 150 quid for it, as i could get the ddr2 1066 ram instead if the warm and fuzzy feeling isn't there.

thanks in advance for any replies!!!

A:to ddr3 or not

You will only see the difference when running benchmarks, just save your money for your next big upgrade.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/185085-ddr3-not.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hello everyone,
My desktop's specification is at http://valid.canardpc.com/2569693

Accordingly, I am using a 400 MHz DDR2 RAM. I researched on my mainboard and found out that my mainboard support a 667 or 800 DDR2 RAM at http://www-aws.deltron.com.pe/modulos/productos/items/postsql.php?item_number=MBECSG41T-M
I am about to attach a new RAM.
I wonder whether I can have a 667 or 800 DDR2 RAM on my mainboard or not.
Thank you very much.

A:Should I buy a DDR3 ram?

Go here and allow the Crucial System Scanner to load and run.

After it finishes and it displays a report, copy-and-paste the link to that webpage here so we can go there and view it.

-----------------------------------------------------------

You didn't provide images of the "Mainboard" and "Memory" tabs, but it appears that your computer is currently using DDR2 PC2-6400(DDR2-800) RAM modules.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-buy-a-ddr3-ram.1075775/
Relevancy 37.84%
Q: Ddr3

Can i install ddr 3 ram into an ASUS P5N-E SLI?

If not can i install 1066Mhz DDR2.

And Finally Kingston or corsair?

Im running Windows 7 ultimate 64bit

A:Ddr3

That motherboard supports DDR2 533/667/800.

Have you considered OCZ ram? That is a good brand as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr3.890707/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys i currently have a gaming rig but only 4GB of ram in there Clocked at 7
ive just ordered 8GB of exactly the same ram for a good price will this effectivley make a difference to performance in any way shape or form ?

A:8GB DDR3 CL7 Ram

For gaming, probably not enough that you would even notice. You also have to remember that most games are still only 32 bit and as such, unless they are large address aware or 64 bit they are limited to 2 GB total address space,

Memory Limits for Windows Releases (Windows)

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/153094-8gb-ddr3-cl7-ram.html
Relevancy 37.84%
Q: Ddr3

Hai, Forum

I have a question and trying to answer please help

What is compatiable motherboards for DDR3 and cost of it
Is DDR3 is available in the market, kindly quote the price

A:Ddr3

2GB DDR3 for around $400...

Nvidia has DDR3 motherboards

More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DDR3_SDRAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr3.85078/
Relevancy 37.41%

I wanted to know is 2GB of DDR3 ram faster than 4GB of ddr2 ram as i was trying to decide if it was worth going from 4GB ddr2 to 2GB of ddr3 as ithought it would still be faster even though it is 2GB less.

A:DDR2 vs DDR3

The difference will be negligible in games and every day use. You're better off sticking with the 4GB of DDR2 especially if you're only going to be getting 2GB of DDR3.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/116207-ddr2-vs-ddr3.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi All,

I was just on the Intel site looking at the i7-950 CPU i have already ordered and in its memory specs, it says 800/1066. What does this mean to someone like me who has ordered ddr3-1333 conforming to the MB specs?

I wasn't aware to look at the CPU memory support, does this mean with this CPU, I must use 1066 ddr3 or will 1333 be OK?

From Intel, Specs for memory for i7-950:

Attachment 95866

What does this mean??? Do I need to go with 1066 in order to achieve triple channel?

Thnx in advance,

A:i7-950 ddr3 ram specs, ...Please Help

It's OK, although your system may not default to DDR3 1333. Manually adjusting the RAM settings in the Bios should get you there. What motherboard are you considering?

I am using DDR3 1600 with my I7-920, although I've had to adjust the BIOS settings to get it to play properly. Intel doesn't officially support six DDR3 1600 with its X58 chipset and I& CPUs, but I got it to work by backing off the timings a little.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/109511-i7-950-ddr3-ram-specs-please-help.html
Relevancy 37.41%

actually i want to know, does windows xp support DDR3 Ram? and i heard from someone that windows xp cant recognise more than 2 Gb ram. It is true?
if i install 3GB ram will not it work in windows xp?

A:support xp with DDR3

hello, yes windows XP can support DDR3 ram but it matters if your motherboard supports DDR3 ram not your operating system, this computer right now is running xp with ddr3 ram and the ram limit for XP is roughly 3GB, depending on your system it can range from 2.75GB to 3GB, if u have a 64 bit version of windows XP it can support up to 128GB of ram or to the cap of your motherboard supports
what type of cpu, motherboard, video card, do u have? if u have a video card that has dedicated memory it might suck up some of your ram so it might show lower then what u put in there

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/support-xp-with-ddr3-431933.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a compaq cq y desktop with windows bit operating system it came with gb ddr ram but have usable I 1.75 help Please ddr3 ram 6gb only installed I bought a gb ddr stick to use in the second Please help I have 6gb ddr3 ram but only 1.75 usable slot It shows up in the system as gb ram installed only usable and I cant figure Please help I have 6gb ddr3 ram but only 1.75 usable out why I have tried switching slots that didn't work Please help I have 6gb ddr3 ram but only 1.75 usable I checked msconfig and the full memory box is not checked so I checked it restarted and unchecked and restarted again still nothing In the bios setting it shows up as full memory gb but only shows the gb slot as installed I have no setting for memory remapping Someone told me its my operating system so I did a reset to factory settings still nothing I was also told that I cant use gb with gb ram sticks that I should have a matching pair but I have not tried that yet I read that I should do a bios update but I can't find one anywhere on hp website or anywhere else for that matter Someone please help update today I did a wipe and clean install of windows still same issue Please help

A:Please help I have 6gb ddr3 ram but only 1.75 usable

jmike7707, if you are sure it's win7 x64 it should be able to take up to 16gb. go on line google search the model number like I just did and HP has all of the guides on there for how to do it and you may need to change a setting in the BIOS. Find out what version BIOS you have because it states in there what version can take how much

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/385702-please-help-i-have-6gb-ddr3-ram-but-only-1-75-usable.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello ?

Will this gpu support on my system :

Pentium Dual Core Processor
DDR2 RAM 2GB
Pci_e x16 2.0
MSI Motherboard
But note my ram is ddr2 and gpu is DDR3' so will it support on my system :thumbup::thumbup:

A:Hd 6670 2 gb ddr3

Yes it will. What is on a video card has zero relation to what is on the motherboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/260700-hd-6670-2-gb-ddr3.html
Relevancy 37.41%

This is my first RAM upgrade. Would putting in 16gigs over 8gigs really give me any performance advantages? Am I required to use DDR3-1333 or can I use another?If I am required to use 1333 do any brands giver better performance over another? Can I mix and match any DDR3 rated at 1333. Im including a link to the specs on my PC. This entire question might seem ridiculous considering the link states DDR3-1333 but I dont really kn0w to much about this and would just like a definitive answer on weather or not I can put one of the faster ones in it. I appreciate any help, have a great day.

Page 13 lists RAM info, I have the MT model with the i-5 2400 CPU in it..

http://clascsg.uconn.edu/download/specs/O990.pdf

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-i-only-use-ddr3-1333.1158123/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm looking for a good 1333mhz RAM for overclocking.

I'm not looking for the very best possible overclock, and therefore not going for watercooling.

Also, because of the heatsink I'm using for the CPU, I CANNOT have anything other than standard height RAM (Corsair Dominator is out).

Any suggestions?

A:Best DDR3 for overclocking

Corsair with the smallest heat-sinks you can deal with

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-ddr3-for-overclocking.144321/
Relevancy 37.41%

Which one is faster,stronger,better?(especially for high end gaming and HD blue ray movies)

CORSAIR DOMINATOR TWIN2X4096-8500C5DF DDR2 4GB (2X2GB) PC2-8500 (1066MHZ) CL5 DUAL CHANNEL KIT Timings: 5-5-5-15 (CAS, tRCD, tRP, tRAS)
OR
CORSAIR TR3X3G1600C8D DHX DDR3 3GB (3X1GB) PC3-12800 (1600MHZ) TRIPLE CHANNEL KIT Timings: 9-9-9-24 (CAS, tRCD, tRP, tRAS)

My CPU is Q6600

A:DDR2 CL5 vs DDR3 CL8

DDR2 provides the best value for the buck. Having said that... if you are installing a high end CPU, DDR3 is best for you!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/251159-ddr2-cl5-vs-ddr3-cl8.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all,

I currently have 3Gb of DDR2 memory, in 2 slots (1x 1GB, 1x 2GB) - however i wanted to increase this to 4GB or even 6GB. Basically i was wondering if the following factors would affect my choice:

1-Is there a limit of how much RAM i can have in my motherboard?
2-Can i cross between DDR3 and DDR2 memory in the two slots, or do i have to keep the same type in each? - (and also, whats the difference between the two)

Thank You

A:Can I use DDR2 and DDR3 RAM together?

If your motherboard currently supports DDR2, then you can only add DDR2. They're not slot compatible.

Which motherboard do you have? Most modern motherboards should support 4 to 8GB of RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-use-ddr2-and-ddr3-ram-together.148288/
Relevancy 37.41%

I built this rig 9 months ago, now that Iv had windows 7 for a while I want to add 4 more gigs to this beast. From what I can tell ram is just as much as it was. Anyone have any cheap suggestions for some ddr3 1600 2x 2gig?
USA $

A:DDR3 RAM still as much as it was 9 months ago?

They're all over the place at newegg and similar sites.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr3-ram-still-as-much-as-it-was-9-months-ago.149919/
Relevancy 37.41%

just got cmx6gx3m3a ram which is 3 x 2GB (1stick) and in bios they(both my sticks) only show up as 2gb a piece. reset cmos/bios and check volts (1.64) have i missed something? not sure what i have done wrong.

cheers

A:DDR3 RAM in i3 only shows 2GB not 6GB

Make and model of motherboard would help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/147821-ddr3-ram-i3-only-shows-2gb-not-6gb.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I just purchased a Acer Aspire Desktop Computer but it only comes with 2 sticks of DDR3 2Gb Ram memory and I need 8Gb of DDR3 Ram. It does not have to slots to add more memory but I was told that all I have to do is purchase 2 sticks of 4Gb and replace the 2 sticks of 2Gb DDR3 Ram. Does anyone know where I might buy these online that will not kill my budget? Thanks

Relevancy 37.41%

is it best to run ddr3 dual or tri or does it not make any diffrence

thank you

A:ddr3 memory

Originally Posted by kev s148

is it best to run ddr3 dual or tri or does it not make any diffrence

thank you

There's a significant difference in bandwidth with tri-channel memory. Go for it

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/247758-ddr3-memory.html
Relevancy 37.41%

need help on some good timings on overclocking ddr3 2gb Ram

ty in advance

A:Overclocking DDR3 2GB RAM

Can you provide a little more information? Which motherboard, CPU and memory do you have?

Here's a guide to get you started:
http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2368074,00.asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/overclocking-ddr3-2gb-ram.154255/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi,

I would like to upgrade from 2GBs of 667Mhz DDR2 to 4GBs of 1066Mhz RAM, DDR2 or DDR3.
My mobo supports both DDR2 and DDR3 sticks (different slots) - does it matter what type I choose?

Relevancy 37.41%

In early I built a rig based on an Intel DX BT mobo that required DDR memory Bought the board from Tiger Direct in a package that included gigs of non-compatible RAM Got that ironed out Had the board replaced by Intel once when it would not recognize the graphics card I ran it with a RAID array for a while but was constantly rebuilding the array Broke down the RAID array and it is still glitchy Goes int repetitive reboot mode Clearing the CMOS will usually correct that Long story short I am giving up on the board So I start looking for boards that would allow me to use my Q What DDR3? to happened CPU and DDR Dram There are not many What happened to DDR3? mobos I could find that support the DDR I did find an What happened to DDR3? MSI X C board that will accept the DDR What happened to DDR was it just abandoned Does anyone have any experience with this board and MSI in general Any other recomendations for boards that meet my criteria I want a working machine to try Windows nbsp

A:What happened to DDR3?

When it comes to DDR3 I believe if you get DDR3-1066 you won't notice much of a preformance increase over DDR2-1066 if I remember correctly. I'm not too keen on Intel Board/Processors/Chipsets ect,ect...

Anyone, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. =)

I would suggest you getting a solid DDR2 Board so upgrading to DDR3 can be done when the RAM becomes a bit cheaper. =)

I can help you look for a new Board if you wish but I'm not too sure of what I would be looking for.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-happened-to-ddr3.136407/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a compaq cq y desktop with windows bit operating system it came with gb ddr ram installed I bought a gb ddr stick to use but 6gb ddr3 1.75 have Please only help usable ram I in the second slot It shows up in the system as gb Please help I have 6gb ddr3 ram but only 1.75 usable ram installed only usable and I cant figure out why Please help I have 6gb ddr3 ram but only 1.75 usable I have tried switching slots that didn't work I checked msconfig and the full memory box is Please help I have 6gb ddr3 ram but only 1.75 usable not checked so I checked it restarted and unchecked and restarted again still nothing In the bios setting it shows up as full memory gb but only shows the gb slot as installed I have no setting for memory remapping Someone told me its my operating system so I did a reset to factory settings still nothing I was also told that I cant use gb with gb ram sticks that I should have a matching pair but I have not tried that yet I read that I should do a bios update but I can't find one anywhere on hp website or anywhere else for that matter Someone please help

A:Please help I have 6gb ddr3 ram but only 1.75 usable

jmike7707, if you are sure it's win7 x64 it should be able to take up to 16gb. go on line google search the model number like I just did and HP has all of the guides on there for how to do it and you may need to change a setting in the BIOS. Find out what version BIOS you have because it states in there what version can take how much

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/385702-please-help-i-have-6gb-ddr3-ram-but-only-1-75-usable.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Could someone please explain to me the difference between ddr2 and ddr3 ram. I've heard many different explanations and am still confused. My understanding is that the grooves that slot into the mobo (where the brass contacts are) is simply at different positions on the ram modules and the module will only fit into the mobo if it is supported. Am I correct?

A:DDR2 vs DDR3

Yes the DDR2 modules and the DDR3 modules both have 240 pins. The keyways are in different locations so you can only install DDR3 modules in a DDR3 motherboard. DDR's highest speed is 400MHz. DDR2's highest speed is 800MHz. DDR3 highest speed is 1000MHz

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ddr2-vs-ddr3.132855/
Relevancy 37.41%

Quote New DDR DIMMs from Super Talent Boast VLP Design Offer green memory alternative There's is an ongoing effort in the computer hardware industry to provide customers with new energy-efficient products that can deliver performance without taking a major toll on the energy bill A number of companies have recently unveiled such solutions which fall in a new category of products also known as green On that note memory maker Super Talent Technology has recently announced the debut of a new line of green DDR modules that have been designed to use less PCB material and less packaging material compared to the company's standard DDR DIMMs More DDR3 about memory Our goal with these green DDR DIMMs is to More about DDR3 memory offer a greener memory choice for regular desktops that uses less raw materials produces less industrial waste and consumes less fuel to transport with absolutely no tradeoffs in functionality More about DDR3 memory or price explained Super Talent Director of More about DDR3 memory Marketing Joe James When multiplied by the hundreds of thousands of memory modules we produce monthly this can have an enormous environmental impact The new VLP very low profile DDR memory modules have been designed for new desktop computer systems and will be available alongside the company's previously released VLP solutions for servers The modules are expected to become available in GB and GB capacities and are mm tall as opposed to regular ones which are only mm This design feature is said to make the memory modules 'greener' the company says According to Super Talent the first green and MHz GB and GB DIMMs are expected to begin shipping in September Unfortunately the company did not provide any specific details regarding the pricing of these new modules but we should know more when they come to market Considering their green features these modules should make for an ideal choice for a future HTPC system based on the latest platforms from Intel or AMD Source Quote Corsair's New GB and GB DDR Kits Ready for Intel's Core i and Core i Designed to support Intel's next-generation Lynnfield processors Corsair one of the world's leading vendors of high-performance memory solutions has recently announced the introduction of a couple of new memory products specifically designed to deliver support to the upcoming Intel P platform and the next-generation Core i and Core i processors These new memory modules have been made available in capacities of GB and GB kits enabling support for Intel's next generation of desktop processors In addition for increased performance these new modules have been equipped with the company's proprietary DHX cooling technology with the new American Racing Blue fins and highlights Windows early adopters and other power users have recently been demanding GB and GB performance memory solutions to optimize their computing experience stated John Beekley vice president of Technical Marketing at Corsair These GB and GB configurations will allow these advanced users to get the most out of their high performance rigs particularly if they often switch between demanding tasks like gaming and video production According to the Fremont California-based memory maker the new memory kits have been made available in both dual-channel and triple channel configurations enabling support for all of Intel's high-performance platforms The dual-channel configuration part number CMD GX M A C is designed with four matched GB modules optimized for the upcoming P motherboards some of which have already started to make their debut The CMD GX M A C triple-channel configuration has been designed with matched GB modules for high-end X platforms Both memory sets have been certified for Intel' XMP profiles and boast MHz speeds and CAS latency settings of - - - Unfortunately the memory vendor hasn't revealed any details regarding the availability and pricing of its new DDR memory kits However we have a strong feeling that they will be made availab... Read more

A:More about DDR3 memory

You know I love the quality of Corsair products and I won't buy anything except Corsair power supplies but the ram they have is such a rip off. Dominator ram is great except for the price really. When you compare the Dominator line to the Reaper line from OCZ you are getting the same thing for much less from OCZ.

If Corsair lowered the price to something more competitive I might consider buying from them but as it stands I will stick with OCZ for ram.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/22677-more-about-ddr3-memory.html
Relevancy 37.41%

this isn't a problem, but I'm wondering what the diffrence is between DDR3 memory and GDDR3 memory when used in graphics cards. I know that the 'g' denotes 'graphics', but both types are used in graphics cards.. so what gives??

A:DDR3 vs GDDR3

GDDR3 is a different type of DDR. It was designed specifically for high performance graphics cards. A gDDR3 version of a graphics card would be the better of the two.

More info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GDDR3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr3-vs-gddr3.847880/
Relevancy 37.41%

What is the exact difference apart from physical one?
In terms of gaming does it matter?
Does it matter if you're looking to change parts of the PC such as graphics card / processor?

Relevancy 37.41%

Dear sir/Madam, How can I find out which ram memory I have? Where can I see whether I have DDR3 or DDR3L?  Thank you in advance 

A:DDR3 or DDR3L

Hi,          Could you mention the product number or the model number of unit you are using to give more information . Use the below link to find the product details http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/DDR3-or-DDR3L/td-p/5771607
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a Compaq Presario CQ62-235SA that came with 2GB DDR2 RAM. I want to upgrade the RAM and have done some internet research via the HP website.  I've downloaded the technical and service manual for the CQ62 Notebook where it seems to indicate the Notebook can support up to 8GB DDR3 RAM (see pic). However  elsewhere on HP site I get information it only supports upto 4GB DDR2 RAM.  (http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c02253963). please can you tell what is possible, I wish to upgrade to as much what is possible but don't want to buy RAM I can't use!  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/RAM-2GB-DDR2-to-8GB-DDR3/td-p/5839697
Relevancy 37.41%

I am studying for the comptia A+ exams and I am wondering about how interchangable different speeds of certain types are?

I opened up my PC today and I have DDR3 PC3-10600, so does that mean my memory bus speed is 165MB/s?

Also does that mean I can only install other DDR3 if it is PC3-10600 ?
Or can I install faster or slower? or what?

A:DDR3 Speeds?

DDR3 PC3-12800(DDR3-1600) has a speed of 1600 MHz.

DDR3 PC3-10600(DDR3-1333) has a speed of 1333 MHz.

DDR3 PC3-8500(DDR3-1066) has a speed of 1066 MHz.

The larger the number, the faster the memory speed.

If you mix module speeds in the same computer, they will all run at the speed of the slowest module(s).

---------------------------------------------------------

What's the brand name and model name and model number of your computer?

----------------------------------------------------------

Go here and allow the Crucial System Scanner to load and run.

After it finishes scanning and it displays a report, copy-and-paste the link(webpage address) to that report here so we can go there and view it.

----------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ddr3-speeds.1071647/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm contemplating upgrading my computer piece by piece since I don't have money for a full overhaul right now. I definitly want to get a new intel core duo 2, probably the E6750 processor model. I also want to go for a P35 chipset motherboard (i dont care for the brand, as long as its a decent one e.g. gigabyte intel asus etc).

My problem is that i am not sure whether i should spend the extra money to go for DDR3 as of this moment or should I wait and buy a board that has DDR2 support and go for DDR3 way later like the next upgrade (which I can just upgrade the motherboard if i ahve to).
what are your opinions?
thanks, adam

A:go for DDR2 or DDR3?

If you are a serious gamer, go for ddr3 for the best performance

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/go-for-ddr2-or-ddr3.626898/