Windows Support Forum

What the network card drivers for the LAN and WiFi for HP dv...

Q: What the network card drivers for the LAN and WiFi for HP dv...

Hi, I am reinstalling my drivers for the hp dv6-2173cl laptop. This laptop has both LAN and WiFi cards. I looked at the driver listing for this model and I see that for the WIFI drivers HP has:Atheros and Broadcom drivers available. I let Windows Update decide and it installed an Intel WiFi Link driver that is not even listed on the HP's website. IDo I need to install either Atheros or Boardcom WiFi Driver for this model? I am worried that perhaps the Intel driver is a generic driver that makes the card work but does not optimize its performance as the dedicated drivers do. How do I tell wHich brand for the wifi card I have? Thanks,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/What-the-network-card-drivers-for-the-LAN-and-WiFi-for-HP/td-p/5778772
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: What the network card drivers for the LAN and WiFi for HP dv...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 18.06%

My laptop supports two graphics card AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6470M and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 and after a while the AMD got corrupted(I already updated it but I think it's hardware problem) and causes blue screen so I disabled it in safe mode(because it uses the intel one).

I tried a clean install of Windows 7 and during installation AMD causes blue screen because it gets enabled.

And now I want to try a clean install of the Windows 10. Question is, is there anyway I could disable the graphics card permanently?

I use a 64-bit Sony Vaio Laptop VPCSB26FG with a Windows 7 Home Premium OS. Thanks a lot!

A:How to permanently disable graphics card

The simple solution is to remove the failing card :grin:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-permanently-disable-graphics-card.217519/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hey guys, I have searched a lot of forums but haven't found any relevent answers. I am sorry if this is a repeat.

What happened is that I disabled my nvidia graphic card from the control panel and it was too late until I realised my mistake as I had already pressed the restart button. Now I try to start my pc but all that happens is that I hear the sounds I always hear but nothing appears in the screens. I have tried several monitors. I have unhooked the monitor from the nvidia and connected it to the onboard gpu and still no luck. I tried resetting the bios but that didn't help either.

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 ghz

GPU:
ZOTAC Nvidia GeForce GT610 Synergy Edition.

A:I disabled my Nvidia Geforce GT610 graphics card accidentally and now I can't see a thing

You'll not make that mistake again and neither will I. You can't see anything when Windows boots but you know it's there. Maybe there's a way round this but I never found it and ended up reinstalling Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-disabled-my-nvidia-geforce-gt610-graphics-card-accidentally-and-now-i-cant-see-a-thing.203943/
Relevancy 20.64%

Following yesterday's worldwide launch of Windows 10, all three major GPU vendors have released new graphics drivers that support Microsoft's new operating system. If you're upgrading to Windows 10, make sure you download and install these drivers soon after launch. ...

Read more

A:AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

Is AMD planning to release Windows 10 drivers for RadeonHD234k cards too? Are those machines stuck with Windows 7?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-nvidia-and-intel-release-new-gpu-drivers-for-windows-10.217386/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently bought a Laptop with an unknown OS (I forget the name, but it wasn't windows) and had to format it, and afterwards got Windows 7 working on it. For some reason, I'm not getting any wifi, help please

A:Issues with WIFI on new PC

Also, if it makes a difference, I'm able to connect to the internet with a cord, just not getting wifi

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-with-wifi-on-new-pc.217367/
Relevancy 17.63%

To start off my laptop is an Asus G VW-AS The wireless network adapter is an Atheros AR WB-EG The issue I m having only starts when I play an online game It s not a specific one it happens with all my games After about a few matches I will begin to experience terrible lag spikes Ranging from - ms sometimes even going up to over Usually the spikes are permanent I will jump to around ping and hover in that general number with it occasionally sliding back down to my normal only to immediately spring back up again After this begins to happen any application I use that uses internet internet browser skype etc also lags is severely slowed down This lag is never experienced on any other system using our wireless internet which makes me believe it is in fact my laptop s wireless adapter that is the problem Doing a windows troubleshoot on the adapter DOES fix it but it only fixes it for about to minutes and then I begin to lag adapter network Problems with wireless again Also the troubleshooter seems to only be able to fix it once If I try to troubleshoot the adapter again after already fixing it before that way the troubleshooter will tell me that it couldn t find anything wrong Manually restarting the adapter only works once as well Restarting the computer does not help the problem If the laptop is shut down for a few hours and started back up the adapter will work properly as long as I do not start a game Could anyone help tell me how to stop this from happening Do I need to get a new adapter or is there something I can do for the current one nbsp

A:Problems with wireless network adapter

Are you sure it is not an issue with your router? Also I dont know where to get Atheros drivers other than from the manufacturer (vaio, lenovo, etc) website. There are no official drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-with-wireless-network-adapter.188964/
Relevancy 18.06%

Which graphics card to choose between nvidia GTX960 and nvidia GTX760?

A:Buying Graphics Card

They are both rated as the same card within their generation. The 960 is the newest card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buying-graphics-card.216700/
Relevancy 19.78%

Just to start off I am COMPLETELY clueless and have no tech savvy whatsoever so simple language would be appreciated I ve owned this laptop for a little over a year and all this time I ve been able to connect to Wifi without a problem This morning the icon at the bottom left of but Laptop with Ethernet will Wifi, won't cord an to My connect connect the screen told me there was no Internet connection available when I troubleshot it it suggested using the Ethernet cord to connect The Ethernet cord connects them fine and the internet connection becomes available but I m still unable to use the Wifi This is an issue with my laptop because all the other devices My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord in my house are able to connect to the Wifi and the modem is showing all the appropriate lights and such I ve tried turning it off and on again but alas this once that method has failed I ve also tried resetting the modem and it made no difference Last night I was uninstalling various programs that I didn t need and that s the only thing I ve done differently to my usual computing habits I don t think I removed anything unless I knew what it was but it s possible I accidently removed something important I don t know if that has any relevance or not but it s all I can think of as the reason for this My laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio and the system I use is Windows My modem is Telstra Bigpond Please help D nbsp

A:My Laptop won't connect to Wifi, but will connect with an Ethernet cord

How far from the router are you? I experience the same thing occasionally on my laptop.
I usually have to switch the wifi switch off on the laptop & on then I reboot & I'm back online. My laptop & tower are both about 50' away & on the lower floor where the router is. Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-connect-to-wifi-but-will-connect-with-an-ethernet-cord.197531/
Relevancy 23.22%

Okay so before I begin I'd like to say I am relatively new to computing and I'm not the most knowledgeable.

Let me explain my setup:
I have a HP Envy SleekBook Laptop which is connected to my BT Wifi through a NetGear HomePlug which should give me wired internet.

I cannot move the router which is that the other side of the house and I decided to test me internet speed on speedtest.net I got nearly exactly the same values when using the ethernet cable and when connecting to the internet.

I often have ping spikes and lag in CS:GO.

That is my main issue and my secondary discussion is if this is a good setup : (I have ordered this stuff)

https://www.vibox.co.uk/promotions/defcon1blue
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00B7ZE0G2/ref=twister_B00L17TXY0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Corsair-CH-...id=1434810239&sr=1-2&keywords=corsair+k70+rgb

Thanks <3

A:Ethernet vs Wifi and Confusion

HMM. and your problem / question is ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-vs-wifi-and-confusion.216646/
Relevancy 22.36%

I recently used a program Autoruns,, and deleted some startup things I shouldn't have.. Since then I cant connect to internet, the troubleshooter for wireless adapter says the Windows wireless service is not running on this computer (WLAN Autoconfig service) and fails to start the service.
I notice on windows task manager there are only about 13 Processes running and there are usually about 20, and on Services there are about 40 running and about 100 or more stopped services. Thanks for the help

Also on startup now I have a pop up on bottom saying, Failed to connect to a windows service. Windows could not connect to the System Event Notification Service service. This problem prevents standard users from logging on to the system. As an administrative user, you can review the System Event Log for details about why the service didn't respond. And the startup and logon time is really long now

A:Windows 7 can't connect to internet through Wifi or ethernet cable

Sounds like you deleted the network drivers, I did this once and ill be honest unless someone here knows a trick, or you have a CD with drivers you are going to have to have a hell of a time unless you know the name of the hardware and download the right driver, thats my guess. best of luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-cant-connect-to-internet-through-wifi-or-ethernet-cable.200026/
Relevancy 18.06%

FIXED The backplate of the video card looked exactly like my old one but it was somehow making my video card not slide down far enough took it off and now its running HUH ZA If there is a big danger in running it so lofty without a backplate message me and let me know If you have a msi g check the damn backplate I bought a nividia off ebay and my mobo does not detect it It lights up but that is it I can send it back but I wanted to know what I can try first I get this message system card My video does my detect not with the install cd when I use the auto driver updater on nvidia and when I manually download the driver from the nvidia site My old radeon worked fine Old card MSI R GAMING G -Bit GDDR This graphics driver could not find compatible hardware GV-N G GAMING- GD nvidia requires and pin connector Mobo z pro asrock CPU k PSU watt ocz sxs What I have done so far Connected the Power Connectors x My system does not detect my video card -Pin x -Pin From my old card to the new card Im using my old power converters could that matter Id use the one that came with the card but a damn wire is hanging out of its area Checked device manager no device Checked bios made sure pci-e x is the primary video card source Checked my bios mobo overview and it says there is nothing in that slot Uninstalled all amd and nvidia driver in the control panel Uninstalled all drivers with gurus free amd and nvidia Display Driver Uninstaller in safemode Reseated the card Googled a lot Im now going to reset the bios I heard I can also update the bios would that even matter am I just trying to hard to make this possibly DOA card work nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-system-does-not-detect-my-video-card.216578/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys,

I have a Sony Vaio VPCEH15EN laptop & the OS is Windows 7 home basic. I have a wifi router which is of TPLINK.

The wifi won't connect to my laptop but it works fine on my mobile..it would only start working when I use the ethernet cable. I never had this problem before. I have tried everything ..I also tried the winsockfix.bat but all my efforts have gone in vain..I just don't know if the wifi router is faulty or the modem of my ISP...Please help me solve this problem.

Best Regards,
Om

A:Wifi on my laptop won't work but works when I use the ethernet cable

I have solved the problem by myself. To do this, first you have to disconnect your Ethernet cable from your laptop and follow the steps: Start>Control Panel>Network and Sharing Center>Manage Wireless Networks and remove all wireless connections by right click on it and select Remove network from the drop down menu. After doing this, close the windows and scan for the Wi-Fi networks. Click on the available network and select connect. After a while, you will be asked to give a password for your Wi-Fi connection. Type the password and click on connect button. And now will be connected to your Wi-Fi network via wireless.

May be it will help you.
Regards
MD. MAHMUDUL HASAN

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-when-i-use-the-ethernet-cable.200754/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi! I don't know much about this place but there's a problem with my laptop and I don't know how to solve it. My laptop won't connect to the wifi anymore but it works perfectly fine with the ethernet cable. I appreciate it very much if you tech geniuses could help me out. THANK YOU!

A:My WiFi on my laptop won't work but works with Ethernet cable

Are there any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-wifi-on-my-laptop-wont-work-but-works-with-ethernet-cable.206652/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys I ve been researching and trying to days to get this to work with no avail so I decided to post here for some help as doesn't Ethernet connected Wifi work cable. using working when only Internet I see this community is really active We ve got different laptops here and none of them can connect to the wifi anymore it suddenly stopped working for the last whole week We can connect to the internet through ethernet cables though We only use one at a time if ethernet then wireless is disabled and vice versa Here is a copy of the ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name PeterMai-HP Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List moolahd local Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix moolahd local Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address AC- - D- B-ED-F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe ac a d b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Monday October PM Lease Expires Tuesday October PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers Primary WINS Server NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Ada pter Physical Address -ED-B - D- -FD DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe c f e e b fc f Preferred Autoconfiguration IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Default Gateway DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - -FB- -AC- - D- B-ED-F DNS Servers fec ffff fec ffff fec ffff NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap optusnet com au Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap moolahd local Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface CE FC E - F - C C- D - D EBEC Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap DDFAF D- B- -AA A-DBE BA F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Reusable ISATAP Interface E ED - - A -BB -FB FA F F Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes And here is a copy of the route print Interface List ac d b ed f Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller ed b d fd Broadcom GN b g n x Wi-Fi Adapter Software Loopback Interface e Microsoft to Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter e Microsoft ISATAP Adapter IPv Route Table Active Routes Network Destination Netmask Gateway Interface Metric O... Read more

A:Internet only working when connected using Ethernet cable. Wifi doesn't work

You have an IP on your LAN, but none on your wifi. Check your router to make sure DHCP for wifi is turned on and you have enough available addresses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-only-working-when-connected-using-ethernet-cable-wifi-doesnt-work.197081/
Relevancy 18.06%

First of all, sorry for my bad english.
My pc was working perfectly for about a year now, but these days it started having problems.
In the past few weeks it started disconnecting from the internet with the message: you don't have a valid
ip configuration. (It was working on the other pc connected to the router with lan, and on the notebook connected through wifi)
A reboot of the pc/router did always solve my problem in these situations.
Yesterday, my internet connection started connecting/reconnecting, and I couldn't solve it in any way, not with
a restart, and not with that network repair tool (idk it's name, I have hungarian windows). When it stayed connected for more then 2 seconds I was even able to load google, youtube, other sites,
I tried some solutions, like disabling the energy saver settings, setting it to 10mb half duplex, etc, but nothing worked, my
internet kept connecting/reconnecting.
Today I started my pc and it works perfectly.. Any ideas on how to solve it? I have the newest lan driver.

My mobo is Asrock 960gm-vgs3 fx.

A:Network keeps reconnecting

It appears that you manually configured the IP for at least one system.
DON'T do that - - make sure all systems use DHCP

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-keeps-reconnecting.216254/
Relevancy 18.49%

Motherboard GA-X79-UD3 socket 2011
CPU Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E Quad-Core 3.6GHz
PSU 850 watt
ram 16 GB
Hard drive 256 GB ssd
at this time I have GPU is GTX 550tix2

A:Best card for my setup

Budget? What do you want this card for, I,e, gaming, video rendering, etc.? As for "best" there are probably several options open to you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-card-for-my-setup.216146/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello I have a (Low Budget) Card Recommendations Graphics decent PC with a crappy graphics card which is the (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations only thing holding my gaming back I have gigs of RAM and an Intel Core duo E of Ghz Its a Dell Optiplex MiniTower and it has a Power Supply of w or so I need a Graphics card within - Without having to upgrade the entire thing Yep I know I m cheap but I m pretty desperate since my PC can t run even most games such (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations as League of Legends and DOTA Dota ftw But for some weird reason I (Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations can run Elder Scrolls Oblivion perfectly yet games like quot Skullgirlz quot won t despite being a linear game And after researchin my sh t I came across these Graphics cards NVIDIA GeForce GT NVIDIA GeForce GT GeForce NVIDIA GeForce GT NVIDIA GeForce GT AMD Radeon HD Tell me the quot best choice quot out of these since my budget is pretty much limited and if the cards that I chose quot will even quot work or fit inside the case Also does it being Single-Width or Dual-Width matter And if it does which of the graphics cards that I listed will actually work I am just looking for a graphics card that will improve my PC not one that will turn it into a gaming computer Answer with minimum detail please Just kidding write as much as you want Cheers nbsp

A:(Low Budget) Graphics Card Recommendations

I'd recommend going to Ebay and looking for something like a Radeon HD 7850. I saw some sell for around 50ish bucks. The HD 7850 would be a huge improvement over the cards you listed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/low-budget-graphics-card-recommendations.216068/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hey everyone Now I m no expert but I m fairly computer savvy however when it comes to hardware spec s I m clueless A friend of a friend helped me pick GFX Upgrading Card my hardware and I put together my current computer almost years ago It was a beast at first but after a month my gfx card kept crashing almost every game mins into playing Did some research turned out a lot of people were having issues with the same card For whatever reason I never bothered to or couldn t get a replacement Well now I m finally ready to do it and I was looking for some insight based on my current spec s what my best options would Upgrading GFX Card be I m running Windows Upgrading GFX Card bit This barebone kit http www tigerdirect com applicat mail- -WebletMain- -WEBLET SATSFY- -Satisfy Asus M A GTD PRO AMD GX CrossFire Motherboard AMD Phenom II X T GHz Processor Overclocked to GHz GB DDR MHz System Memory x MB -Watt Power Supply CoolIT ECO A L C Liquid Cooling System WD Black WD FAEX TB Desktop Hard Drive - quot SATA RPM MB Cache And the busted graphics card I m using http www tigerdirect com applicat mail- -WebletMain- -WEBLET SATSFY- -Satisfy EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTS SuperClocked Video Card - MB GDDR PCI-Express Dual DVI Mini HDMI SLI DirectX Fermi MHz Overclock to MHz Now don t get me wrong I m not expecting to play next-gen games at the highest settings or anything just something decent to hold me over until I eventually build a fresh PC I m not looking to spend more than - I ve always gone with nVidia in the past but I m open to other suggestions Any suggestions are appreciated thanks for your time nbsp

A:Upgrading GFX Card

Looking over your current video card were you in need of running dual monitors? Have you checked out NewEgg.com? They are always having deals of video cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-gfx-card.215852/
Relevancy 18.06%

My monitor going to sleep mode if I connect to my nvidia VGA card card.
LG monitor saying "SLEEP MODE ACTIVATED" Red light is blinking
BUT
I connect to my on board VGA it's working properly....
Please Help

Advance thanks .....

A:VGA card on Sleep Mode

The "sleep mode activated" message is normal on the monitor if it is receiving no signal from the PC (VGA card). You need to connect it to on board VGA and tell your system which card to use (or which order) in the BIOS. I cannot tell you how to get into BIOS since I do not know your PC brand/model.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vga-card-on-sleep-mode.215807/
Relevancy 17.2%

I was updating my graphics card drivers for my graphic card PNY GEFORCE GTX 660 and went to device manager, I used ?automatically search for new driver? and a dialog box appeared "Windows has determined that the driver is up to date".
Yet, I went to Nvidia website and did a driver update. I checked again Device manager for my display adapter and the new driver was TWO MONTHS NEWER.
I wonder why that happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-is-device-manager-lying-to-me-about-the-last-driver-version-for-my-graphics-card.215610/
Relevancy 21.07%

I have a Gateway NE56R34u Laptop, I tried to check the drivers in device manager and it seems that everything has been installed properly or no missing drivers found but when I tried to check some of my hardware in DXDIAG showing N/A for (operating system, processor video etc.) I also tried to update it or uninstall the driver but still the same help me out please thank you

A:Have drivers but showing in DXDIAG N/A

I also uploaded some information so atleast it will be easier for some to determine my issue thank you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/have-drivers-but-showing-in-dxdiag-n-a.215501/
Relevancy 18.06%

During the PC Gaming Show, which ran for a mammoth two and a half hours at E3 2015 last night, AMD CEO Lisa Su briefly appeared on stage to show off another Radeon graphics card that the company only briefly...

Read more

A:This is AMD's dual-GPU Fiji graphics card

These days for a blue-chip company to bring a PCB on stage like this is a dark day indeed.

Imagine Apple showing off a circuitry for their next iPhone, and just how pathetic that would be...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/this-is-amds-dual-gpu-fiji-graphics-card.215093/
Relevancy 18.06%

My present video card is a Nvidia GeForce GTX 260. I really want to go up on my card, sticking with Nvidia chipset. My mother board is a Asus P5E3 Deluxe. Not sure how high I can go. The 260 wont accept Direct X11. Which rules out " Alien Isolation" and " Witcher The Wild Hunt ". Any help would be great.

A:Upgrade my video card

Forgot to note, board has an Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3 GHz 8192 RAM

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-my-video-card.214801/
Relevancy 18.06%

My samsung 16GB memory card is not getting detected in my laptop.
Even if I connect through my phone data card it's not detected. But it is working properly in my phone. I have been using it for 2 years.

A:Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

MerissaWalker said:

Have you tried it on other computers?Click to expand...

yes, even then it is not getting detected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-is-not-getting-detected-in-laptop.210753/
Relevancy 21.07%

In dxdiag option and in Display option all 3 acceleration options are not available in my pc. But I had installed the drivers and hardware for graphics then too it showing not available. Can anybody tell me how can I enable all those 3 options. I have Standard VGA Graphics Adaper.
Here is screenshot for reference -

A:Display Drivers Not Available

And Only Because Of That I am not able to open any game or sofware which requires display graphics. Any suggestions are most welcomed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/display-drivers-not-available.214649/
Relevancy 17.2%

AMD's upcoming Radeon 300 series graphics cards may end up being rebadged 200 series cards with minor tweaks but it's not all bad news for gamers. WCCFtech has it on good authority (they're confident enough to drop the "rumor" tag...

Read more

A:AMD Radeon 300 series graphics card pricing leaks online

Rebrands or no, that extra memory will put some pressure on NVIDIA's lower end cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-radeon-300-series-graphics-card-pricing-leaks-online.213820/
Relevancy 17.2%

Resolved DNS on other on one problem working laptop, DNS network computers problem on one laptop other computers on network working I returned home for the holidays with my laptop running Windows Enterprise -bit When I connect to the wireless network my laptop reports that it is connected with internet access but there is no browsing capability at all P P works Steam works but Chrome Firefox Steam browser give me DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working the quot This webpage is not available quot page telling me that the DNS lookup failed All the other computers at home are working happily My settings were to obtain an IP address and DNS server address automatically nslookup said DNS request timed out It didn t work with the wireless or the wired internet with an ethernet cable I set up another network by using my iPhone as a hotspot to make sure it wasn t an issue with all connections and my computer could browse just fine using the iPhone hotspot But it didn t work with my home connection The first thing I tried was to use openDNS s DNS addresses and with my home connection It still failed and nslookup gave the same quot DNS request timed out quot I reset the modem router it s combined unfortunately to factory settings and tried directly connecting with an ethernet cable again It worked for half a second and I opened webpages before it stopped and gave the DNS errors again I tried the wireless internet and it still didn t work I can connect to the modem router I made a guest network just to try it and I got DNS errors again When I reconnected to my primary network it worked for half a second again then stopped My next attempt to fix it was going to the cmd prompt and typing ipconfig release then ipconfig renew I restarted my computer and tried again but I still received the same errors with P P working like before I turned off my firewall and tried but it still didn t work Then I tried ipconfig registerdns restarted my computer and tried again Still didn t work At this point IPv has been disabled but it s still not working I restarted the modem router multiple times but it does nothing to alleviate the problem I have Microsoft Security Essentials did a scan nothing detected Also tried System Restore to two days ago got an error about how it failed Summary Using openDNS address Turned off IPv ipconfig release ipconfig renew ipconfig registerdns no virus trojan system restore failed None of the above worked Other computers at home using the ISP s provided DNS server work My computer works with other connections but not my home network Is there anything else I can try Thanks in advance nbsp

A:DNS problem on one laptop, other computers on network working

Fe3C said:

Summary:
Using openDNS address.
Turned off IPv6
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
ipconfig /registerdns
no virus/trojan
system restore failed

None of the above worked.
Other computers at home using the ISP's provided DNS server work[1].
My computer works with other connections, but not my home network.Click to expand...

Good work. The router is fine[1] so don't fuss with it anymore.

Look for an updated driver for your WiFi adaptor.

On any working system run IPCONFIG /ALL and compare it to the results on the failing system. Look for missing Gateway address or IP address like 169.x.y.z

Some concern re failing system restore, but that's not a networking problem per se.

Work on a wired network first and then move to wifi.
Empty all manual settings on the LAN Connection (get properties, scroll to tcp/ip, click property button - - check ALL tabs; delete everything.

You should be able to PING 8.8.8.8 and then PING google-public-dns-a.google.com.
This shows the LAN adaptor has connectivity and DNS resolution.

Now do the very same sequence with your WiFi connection.
Disconnection from the router and then reconnect.
Inspect IPCONFIG /ALL again to look for valid IP addr, gateway addr and valid DNS settings. (not the OpenDNS you had before).

ping 8.8.8.8 ; if this doesn't work, then the WiFi settings are invalid even before DNS is an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-problem-on-one-laptop-other-computers-on-network-working.174565/
Relevancy 23.22%

How can I get my pendrive to it's previous state just by formatting or anything else.

Do I need to update my drivers after os installation for getting wifi worked ?

A:Pendrive and wifi problem

armahee said:

How can I get my pendrive to it's previous state just by formatting or anything else.Click to expand...

Not sure I follow you. When you format the USB drive it will be blanked.

armahee said:

Do I need to update my drivers after os installation for getting wifi worked ?Click to expand...

You will need to install the drivers for your Netbook after so the wifi will work, yes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pendrive-and-wifi-problem.213757/
Relevancy 20.21%

AMD has finally released a new set of Catalyst beta drivers for Radeon graphics cards, promising performance improvements in two recently-released PC titles: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and Project Cars.

Read more

A:AMD releases Catalyst 15.5 beta drivers for The Witcher 3, Project Cars

I dont know why but after 14.4, every driver is causing BSOD and restarts randomly on my R9 290

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-releases-catalyst-15-5-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-project-cars.213498/
Relevancy 18.06%

I recently bought a new graphics card due to my old one giving out. The new graphics card I got was the GTX 960. I think I plugged everything up right. I uploaded some pictures I thought were viable into helping me find the solution to my problem. I'm really feeling like ****. I was so excited to receive my new 200$ graphics card and to find out it wont even turn on has really got me bummed out. Can someone please help me?

http://imgur.com/JfGMLp6
(8pin connector is plugged in)
http://imgur.com/Z2fImrz
(6-pin connector is plugged in)
I dont have the last image for some reason it wouldn't upload but anyway it's connected to the PCI-E slot.

A:Graphics card not turning on

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-not-turning-on.213330/
Relevancy 19.78%

AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware. There's a ton of controversy surrounding what did...

Read more

A:AMD is working on Catalyst beta drivers for 'The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt' and 'Project Cars'

"AMD graphics card owners that have tried playing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt or Project Cars are likely already aware of the fact that both titles run like crap on Radeon hardware."

At the risk of pointing out the obvious, "runs like crap" doesn't strike me as professional an expression as "runs terribly" or "are both exceptionally poor performers on..." It may convey the sentiments of the accompanying article comments, but those are supposed to be crude.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-is-working-on-catalyst-beta-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-and-project-cars.213323/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys,

I had a quick question about a network at home.

My house is 15m tall and 9m wide, I want to network 3 computers (mine, wife, son).

Should I wire the house with Ethernet cat 5e cable and put a 100 base T switch?
Or
Just put a Wi-Fi access point and Wi Fi cards for the 3 computers.

I prefer wireless, but I?ve heard Ethernet would have slightly faster speeds due to less aerial interference.

Suggestions? Solutions? Thank you!

A:A network for home? Which one?

First of all... don't put a 100 base T switch anywhere but the backup bin. If you're going to bother wiring anything put in GbE as it's inexpensive now. Also, if you're going to bother with any wiring then I'd put in the best/fastest type I could find to future proof it as much as possible. Fishing cable isn't something you want to repeat in a couple of years.

To more directly answer your question, Wi-Fi will probably be fine for you depending on the distance from your WAP (wireless access point) and what your walls are made of. You'll also need to keep in mind any other Wi-Fi interference so the distance to your neighbors can have an affect. All that being said any modern WAP will be faster than a 100 base T switch under normal conditions when it comes to throughput (how much data you can move) - but worse when it comes to latency (how long a specific bit of data takes to get from one point to another). If you're playing games you'll want low latency. If you're just streaming content or moving files around then you just want throughput.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/a-network-for-home-which-one.213242/
Relevancy 17.63%

Ok so I do not know if this is the right forum or site to ask this question to be honest It applies to Linux though more applies to a networking issue So here is the problem I currently live in an apartment that has its own network that is given to them by their ISP So my router is getting its ip address from their DHCP server router and then I give out my own problem Apartment Network IP address via my own router So Im trying to be able to SSH into my machine or even just to remote desktop onto my Windows side I have my router set up accordingly and I can ssh into my machine when I am on their own network not my own but when I am away I cannot because Apartment Network problem my routers IP address is unique in the apartment complexes network Does anyone know a solution to this I was thinking a VPN into their network Apartment Network problem and then SSH into my own afterwords Problem is I m really not sure if this is a solution and if so How do I do it Thank you for your time I hope someone has a solution to my problem nbsp

A:Apartment Network problem

This is a STATIC route or PORT FORWARD problem and without the consent the apartment owner, neither are possible.

Your data flow is

Code:
ISP == Apt.router---Your.router---your.pc
Assume the Apt.router is at address 192.168.1.1
If yours is anything else, then your lan is isolated from the apt and you have great security.
* to get Public access (eg from work) to your pc, you need to
cross the Apt.router nat, get to your.router and port forward to your pc - - complicated.​If your.router is on the Apt.lan (meaning you disable DHCP in your router)
you are exposed to all the other apartments,
and still need port forward to your PC, and that requires a FIXED address assignment in the apt.router.​
IMO, the conclusion is this is non-trivial, has dependencies on the good will of the apt owner/tech support guy and requires extra diligence on your systems for security & privacy.
This would need (imo) to be more than just 'I want to play games on the Internet'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/apartment-network-problem.213209/
Relevancy 20.21%

Ahead of tomorrow's launch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Nvidia has released a new GeForce graphics card driver that's Game Ready for the open-world action RPG. The GeForce 352.86 drivers are also WHQL certified, meaning they are stable enough for everyday...

Read more

A:Nvidia releases new GeForce WHQL drivers for The Witcher 3, Windows 10

Mine were updated hours ago, you just can't beat GFE for this sort of thing (or for game display settings optimisation as far as I'm concerned, it works for me).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-releases-new-geforce-whql-drivers-for-the-witcher-3-windows-10.213202/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi im planning to get myself a graphics card. to play games like arma 3 on max graphic or any othergame.
can I install any good graphics card to my pc?
Processor: -ADM A10-5700 APU with Radeon(tm) HD graphics.
-(4 cpu) 3.40 GHz
-8 GB Ram
-64 bit windows 8.1

DISPLAY-- -dac type: internal dac(400MHz)
AMD Radeon HD 8470
Monitor. generic PnP Monitor

A:Can my PC handle any Graphics card?

We will need more info then that. If your computer is a Dell, HP or something like that please give us the Model number. if you don't know please try to open your computer and take a picture of the inside of the case. Also make sure get a close up on the PSU ( box inside of your computer with a lot the cables coming out of it) it should be in the top back or bottom back of the computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-my-pc-handle-any-graphics-card.213125/
Relevancy 23.22%

I recently moved to a new home and I set up my pc and the wireless adapter can't even see the wifi despite picking up my neighbours which have very weak signals.
My phone and my laptop both see it and connect with full strength.

What do I do?

A:Netgear N300 can't see wifi

Try the factory reset. There's a a small reset button in the back, press it down (sometimes you have to use a pen if it's one of those pin hole things) for about 5 seconds and that takes it back to factory settings. At that point you can either run the install CD that came with the router, or set it up manually from your browser.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/netgear-n300-cant-see-wifi.212510/
Relevancy 35.69%

So I'm in the market for a new wireless card for my desktop. The last one I bought was a piece of crap from the start. You don't generally see network card reviews. Was wondering what some good quality options would be.

A:Network card recommendations?

The best option would probably be a dual-band one that has 802.11ac support; if you've got an AP that supports the standard, it'd be worthwhile investing in that kind of card. They can be kinda expensive though (usually around $100 from what I've seen).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-card-recommendations.208722/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello,

I have a HDMI cable for my monitor, with a nvidia graphic card...

but now I have a big doubt, I dont know if my motherboard's graphic card's imput is not working anymore or if its my graphic's card after a FLASHY BLACKOUT today...

my nvidia control panel is not working anymore... whenever I try using VGA or HDMI with my graphic card it doesnt show any sign in the screen... so im currently using my normal VGA motherboard's imput...

I tried using an old graphic card and its not working, I tested the VGA cable and HDMI cable and they are working perfectly...

yet, after I set the graphic card in the slot, the fan it start working, if I unplug the graphic card but leave the curent cable, it doesnt start the fan so I guess the motherboard's imput is working

so idk what's the problem here, I have all the drivers and everythign was working perfectly before the blackout

A:Broken motherboard slot or graphic card

Well... its too late and soon for expect an answer but...

I tested my graphic card in an old motherboard and it was working... it didnt load windows cuz of the diferent motherboard but connecting my VGA in my gpu worked, and the HMDI didnt work I guess because it need to be configured after windows loading etc

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-motherboard-slot-or-graphic-card.212639/
Relevancy 18.06%

Just as the title says "What's the best Graphics card for a 460W PSU?" My goal would be to upgrade my GPU without upgrading PSU. My budget is $200. Thanks in advance.
My specs:
Pc Model : Dell XPS 8300-4005NBK
CPU: Intel Core i5-2320 Quad-Core Processor 3.0 GHz
GPU: 1GB AMD Radeon HD 6450 Graphics
RAM: 6GB
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA Hard Drive
PSU: Dell XPS 8300 Mini-Tower 460 Watt Power Supply PSU (7P3WV H460AD-00)

A:What's the best Graphics card for a 460W PSU?

I would say anything with a single 6-pin power connector, such as a GTX 960 or R9 270.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-graphics-card-for-a-460w-psu.212634/
Relevancy 18.06%

Different spec card.

I sent one of my 280x in for RMA which matched my other 280X. This is what I received in return

GPUZ
Compare at default clocks, shaders, bandwidth, ROPs/TMU's, Texture Fillrate, DirectCompute 5.0.

This is the card I received back from RMA.
This is my other 280X card which the one I sent in match.
In order to run this card at advertised MSI 280x clocks. I have to overclock the card..

Here's the specifications for this card. http://us.msi.com/product/vga/R9-280X-GAMING-3G.html#hero-specification

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/msi-rma-one-card-received-a-underclocked-and.212616/
Relevancy 18.06%

Wow so I just received my new in the mail today and guess what it doesn t work Well here s what I did so far I uninstalled all nvidia graphics drivers which I used for my gso Rebooted to complete installation Disabled onboard video drivers Shut off computer Installed into motherboard Booted up Now I don t get any video from the card outputs itself so I used my onboard video output to log into windows I tried installing the CCC but the installation failed or something like that I check the device manager and there detected card not Graphics isn t any sign of the showing up Now I m a little scared and not sure what to do The appears to be powered cause my computer is x louder with that damn fan Its just that it won t be recognized by device manager and the drivers won t work Thanks guys Edit When I installed the I had to move the hard drive and cd sata cables from the first and second port to the third and forth ports Whenever I boot my POST says your system last boot fail or POST interrupted Please enter setup to load default and reboot again I press f to bypass this Also when I go into system for some reason it only detects GB of RAM I have bit windows lt -- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed Reinstalled Windows same damn problem Also I m starting to think that the graphics card is defective as even the bios cannot recognize the card on boot And I believe that is the reason for the Graphics card not detected POST failing nbsp

A:Graphics card not detected

Also, when I go into system, for some reason it only detects 3.87 GB of RAM... I have 64 bit windows 7 <-- it only started happening since the new graphics card was installed.Click to expand...

That's probably because your onboard video is allocating some of it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-not-detected.167268/
Relevancy 18.06%

Here's the situation. I have this old mITX computer I built a few years ago that I'd like to hook up to Dad's big-screen TV so he can Skype from his living-room. Problem is, the computer is VGA only and his TV is HDMI only. The MoBo has just one PCI (not PCIe) slot with a maximum output of 75watts.

I tried a PCI video card with HDMI output, but the slot couldn't drive the card. Didn't even detect it.

I believe DVI uses less power (the cards are definitely cheaper), and I could just use a simple DVI-to-HDMI cable. A native HDMI port would be better. As long as it works, I don't care. But w/o an external power input, the card can't draw more than 75watts from the PCI slot.

Anyone know of a card that fits this very specific bill? Thx.

ADDENDUM: PC only has a tiny 300watt PSU.

A:I need a PCI (not PCIe) DVI card (either <75w or w/power input)

Check this one out: Zotac GeForce GT 610
It is a PCI Card (non express) that has DVI / VGA / HDMI. It is also a Low Profile and requires a 300w power supply or higher. It looks like it should work with your situation.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-a-pci-not-pcie-dvi-card-either-75w-or-w-power-input.212458/
Relevancy 21.07%

My usb keyboard and mouse stop working for abt 30 sec or so when I put my phone in charging mode with one of my usb ports...will it be safer to get a usb sound card or an internal pci sound card?.I prefer the usb sound card for its portability;especially if I shift to notebook platform. but I am worried about not getting enough juice through the usb port to power the sound amplifier since I have connected quite a number of devices on existing usb ports.. choices are either,'asus xonar DG' internal pci sound card or 'creative sound blaster play 2 usb sound card'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-sound-card-or-internal-pci-sound-card.212527/
Relevancy 18.06%

I want to get build a new computer but I was thinking maybe I should wait a while until NVIDIA comes out with a new GPU. I want to get the GTX 980 but I would be really pissed if 2 months after I buy it they come out with something better at a similar price. I have not been keeping up with NVIDIA release dates on their cards so I don't know when their next card will arrive. Any tips?

A:Buy GTX 980 or wait for NVIDIA's next card?

I think the GTX 980 Ti model is expected to come out soon. I heard something about a possible release to compete with AMD's new R300 series coming soon. But that is just hearsay, I have nothing concrete to present as evidence.

Leaked Specs Indicate Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Is 50 Per Cent Faster Than Titan Black

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/buy-gtx-980-or-wait-for-nvidias-next-card.212398/
Relevancy 23.22%

My computer is able to connect to the internet through an ethernet cable, but no devices besides my tv is able to wirelessly connect at all. The internet doesn't even show in the Choose A Network tab on my Ipad.

A:WiFi isn't working but ethernet is

What is the make and model of the router or modem you are using? What type of internet connection do you have (DSL / Cable / Satellite / etc). What have you done so far to try to correct this problem (reboot equipment, change settings, unplug then re-plug equipment, etc.)? Need to provide more information before anyone can really try to help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-isnt-working-but-ethernet-is.212323/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?

A:"Network cable is unplugged" but its really not..

sadgyrl514 said:

I have a desktop computer that is running on Windows Xp, up until this morning, everything was fine, I could connect to the internet with no problem.

I turned on my computer, and it is telling me that the network cable is unplugged, as well as my network is not showing when i go to "my network connections"

But yet.....

I AM connected to my router, and there is no problem with the cord (I tried it on different computers as well as my Xbox 360 on the same port....so I know its not the router)....when I go into device manager, everything seems to be working correctly, and my network adapter and ethernet card both are marked as working properly.

Any ideas how I can fix this issue ?Click to expand...

Try rebooting,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-cable-is-unplugged-but-its-really-not.166539/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a Gateway NE56R and ever since I updated to windows 8.1 I cannot use the internet at home even though it says it is connected to WiFi, but it works at other places. Please help asap

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-ne56r-wifi-doesnt-work-at-home-after-windows-8-1-update.212135/
Relevancy 18.06%

My current spec is:

Intel Core duo 2 quad @ 2.4 GHz
305w psu
AMD 7770 gfx card
4 GB ddr2 ram
64 bit win 7 home prem.

I mostly play WoW and other mmo's... I rarely (and wouldnt be too bothered if I couldn't play them till next upgrade) play games with super high requirements like battlefield, gta etc and have the option to upgrade my graphics card to a 750 ti tomorrow (can get a new psu if needed).

or should I wait till next week and get a I5 + new motherboard and ram + keep my gfx card... link to exact model - http://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/b72/his-hd-7770-iceq-x.html

How would gaming be on a machine with the specs of:

Intel core duo 2 quad 2.4 GHZ
GTX 750 TI
4GB ddr2 ram

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-worth-upgrading-my-gfx-card-in-this-situation.212087/
Relevancy 17.2%

Hi I have my new PC for a months everything worked perfect till one morning I turned it on and the monitor SAMSUNG tried to detect the graphic card ASUS R without any success and turned to sleep mode The monitor works without problems with another PC or Laptop I connected the VGA card to my tv LG and it works without problems after when I connected it back to my monitor it works but not stable in the screen resolution properties it doesn t recognize turn to and sleep detect Monitor mode Card Graphics can't the monitor it s going in safe mode for any entering to game installing some program or restarting of the computer I tried to put my Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode GTX into that slot there are slots for graphic cards and I tried both of them instead of R and everything works without problems So I decided to connect my GTX that works perfect to x slot and the R to Graphics Card can't detect Monitor and turn to sleep mode x slot connecting the monitor to GTX it detect also the R without any problems but when I disconnect the monitor from the GTX and connect to R the monitor going to safe mode again I tried all these connections with many different cables all the cables are in working condition If somebody can help me I will be grateful Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-cant-detect-monitor-and-turn-to-sleep-mode.212064/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys I can t seem to get into my old account so created a new one So here is my issue that I hope someone has a solution Long ish story FYI I didn t realize until after I wrote everything but when I refer to crash I mean the entire system crashed Been playing games on my computer pretty regularly with no problems crashes on Aliens Isolations but that was it and irregular Enter the realease of GTA I buy it I upgrade my drivers to the new Nvidia im using a GTX I play it it crashes after Card Video be crashing Might a bit I get bored and play csgo it crashes after a little bit I have hours with no crash I rollback my drivers reinstall update Works for a while everything seems fine Come back today and play a different game that has given no problem It crashes I look at video card stuff another crash Video Card Might be crashing I completely remove all the drivers and reinstall them after restart do stress test another crash I have cleaned the inside of the computer but that has not fixed anything I have run whocrashed to read the system log but it only reads a crash log from yesterday although it is referencing a nvidia created crash So now I m here and I have absolutely no idea what to do if I can get any help I would be appreciative another random note tried to test it with gta again and the launcher said it was missing gta exe I looked and its gone for whatever reason have to reinstall I guess Not a huge deal just thought it may be worth noting Thank you guys for your time oh and system specs gb RAM MSI GTX Duel monitors i cpu asus z- mobo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-might-be-crashing.212021/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys. Please forgive my ignorance, but I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to computers. I would like to upgrade my video card and I'm not sure which card to choose. I have an HP Pavilion Elite m9452p. I'm not exactly sure what specs you need, so please let me know if you need more info.

processor model: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200
memory: 8 GB
processor speed: 2.33 GHz
memory speed : PC2-6400
memory type: DDR2 SDRAM
video card: GeForce GTS 250
power suppy: Cooler Master 550w

Any info you can provide will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-upgrade.212008/
Relevancy 18.49%

What do you think ?
I'm thinking that the video card is pooched, the problem is intermittent.
Card is Asus r9 280x , power supply is a corsair HX 750
I hopping that I'm on the right track by saying the card is bad.

A:Is my Vid card bad

Does it happen with multiple games/applications or just the one game?
Have you done any overclocking to the card (past or present) to include making minor adjustments in AMD Catalyst software?
Have you overclocked anything else in your computer (CPU or RAM)?
Are you using the latest video drivers straight from the AMD website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-vid-card-bad.211358/
Relevancy 17.63%

I have just recently purchased my first graphics card in attempt to upgrade my computer into a gaming computer and I have been running into a few problems here and there. My graphics card which is an AMD Radeon HD 6350 512MB With Low Profile Bracket And DMS-59 Port (http://ecx.imagesamazon.com/images/I/51XfYIEq1OL._SY355_.jpg) . My computer is just not detecting it whatsoever.
please help D;

A:Emachines et1161-07 graphic card not detected

Please provide specifications for computer? Provide information on Make and Model of computer, or please provide list of parts (including the make and model of each main part) Can not give any help without knowing what we are working with.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/emachines-et1161-07-graphic-card-not-detected.211122/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello there, so here is the really weird problem I am having

When I connect pc to pc monitor, it gives black screen (the ms-dos screen were you have the "_" blinking on the left top)

When I connect pc to my TV, it works all good.

Here is the strange part:

When I connect my pc to my TV and it works, if I unplug the cord and connect it back to pc monitor, without shutting down the pc, IT WORKS! ...

graphic card : geforce750, hdmi cable

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

A:Really strange graphic card pc monitor and TV problem

Try updating your video card drivers

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/83080

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/really-strange-graphic-card-pc-monitor-and-tv-problem.211182/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there,

The laptop I have is an asus P550C, windows 7.

This laptop came pre-installed with Mcafee Antivirus protection for a limited amount of time. Wifi was working perfectly fine although there were occasions where the connection would disconnect by itself. After the free-trial ended, I did not want to buy the packaged they were advertising so I went to my Control Panel and uninstalled Mcafee. This was when the problem started to occur. The internet access icon had a red x and when I went to diagnose the problem, it said that I needed to connect via an ethernet cable. Since then, I have connected it with an ethernet and internet works and I have also installed AVG's free antivirus software.

I have tried to
type: ipconfig /flushdns
type: nbtstat -R
type: netsh int reset all
type: netsh int ip reset
type: netsh winsock reset

But I still cannot connect via wifi. Please help

A:Wifi has stopped working but still able to connect to internet via ethernet cable

C:\Users\jay>ipconfig/all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : jay-PC
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 54-35-30-05-36-68
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::9dfa:dcc6:3d3b:ae86%11(Preferred)
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.20(Preferred)
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : March-27-15 4:14:52 PM
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : March-28-15 4:14:52 PM
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 247262843
DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-1A-51-D7-D4-BC-EE-7B-28-57-D7

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

Tunnel adapter isatap.vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : vlan1.phub.net.cable.rogers.com
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-00-00-00-00-00-00-E0
DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : No

Tunnel adapter isatap.{A9DA0935-EE1F-4A59-8A97-DDA13A7DFFEA}:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface
IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:9d38:90d7:2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b(Pref
erred)
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::2c47:1b6c:9c1d:d26b%14(Preferred)
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::
NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Disabled

C:\Users\jay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-has-stopped-working-but-still-able-to-connect-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable.210787/
Relevancy 18.49%

The computer I have runs games like csgo and gary's mod terribly and after some poking around a few people told me that it was because I have a bad graphics card, I simply want to know what kind of graphics cards my computer can use. I dont want to buy a whole new comp, just replace its graphics card. Its a dell Inspiron 560 Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5700 3.00GHz. 4.00 GB of Installed RAM, 64-bit operating system. If you need to know more about my computer please ask

A:Need new graphics card

Is this your PC? http://downloads.dell.com/Manuals/Common/inspiron-560_user's guide_en-us.pdf

That manual says your PC has a PCI 16 slot so I would suggest a Nvidia 750 as it has good performance and low power needs so you probably do not need a new power supply to use it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-new-graphics-card.210652/
Relevancy 17.63%

Recently my Gbps has taken a serious nosedive I was around Gbps then it dropped dl Adapter 0.84Gbps Network The other computers on the network are getting Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl great speeds it s just my computer My computer is running fine It s just the connection speeds This isn t just happening on WI-fi it s also happening when I plug in the Ethernet cord My network adapters are Broadcom n Network Adapter Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter Qualcomm Atheros AR PC-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller NDIS They are all up to date And I use Avast internet security Also I ve cleaned the cache in both firefox and chrome browsers I ve also removed all but add block add-ons I m using AARIS modum router through time warner cable And again the Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl other computers are getting great speeds always up of Gbps I even checked my Mom brand new computer which is getting upwards of Gbps I ve called TWC they sent someone the wires were a bit loose and it fixed everyone s laptop but mine Please help I m clueless here Here is the Broadcom n Network Adapter settings - auto mhz - Disabled n Preamble - Auto Antenna Diversity - Auto AP Compatibility Mode - Higher performance Bandwidth capability - b g MHz Bluetooth Collaboration - Auto BSS PLCP Header - Auto Short Long BT-AMP - Enabled Disable Uon Wired Connect - Disabled Fragmentation Threshold - IBSS g tm Protection Mode - Auto IBSS Mode - b Only Locally Administered MAC Adress - not present Minimum Power Consumption - Enabled Mixed Cell Support - Disabled Power Output - Priority amp VLAN - Prioroity amp Vlan Disabled Rate - Best Rate Roam Tendency - Auto Roaming Decision - Auto RTS Threshold - Shorti GI - Auto WMM - Enabled WZC IBSS Chaneel Number - MHz XPress TM Technology - Disabled nbsp

A:Network Adapter 0.84Gbps dl

Also I recently installed windows 8. I've tried all sorts of things to get it to work. Still no luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-adapter-0-84gbps-dl.210602/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello I apologize in advance for my almost complete lack of computer knowledge That said my PC was built for me by one of the IT guys at work who has since moved on I can t scare him card Good with Windows 7? graphics compatible up from his last known email addy So I m sort of out there drifting on this stuff trying to find any help I can The PC is connected to the home theater system TV through HDMI About weeks ago and video from the internet stopped producing sound In addition the PC doesn t Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7? play audio dvds anymore And when I click on the samples in the library I can t play them either I m assuming without knowing the graphics card is shot I think it s about four years old I opened up the box pulled out the graphics card I didn t make a note of manufacturer model but my device manager says it s nvidia and the driver is up to date and cleaned it I plugged it back in still no sound I can play youtube videos or stream online content but none of it has sound Does it sound to you guys like I need a new graphics card If so I need a recommendation for a better than average one that is compatible with windows professional something in the range or so Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Good graphics card compatible with Windows 7?

Open up nVidia Control Panel.
Under Display select "Set up Digital Audio".
Verify settings to make sure they are correctly set up to send audio.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-graphics-card-compatible-with-windows-7.210597/
Relevancy 22.36%

A while ago, after accidentally opening the Store app, Windows forced me to restart to install Windows 8.1, which I was unable to weeks before because of driver issues. I didn't need Windows 8.1 yet, so I didn't download it before then.

However, during the installation, it failed (again) due to either my antivirus or the aforementioned driver issues. Upon logging back in, my computer was unable to find any WiFi networks. Seeing as I live in the middle of a densely populated city, this isn't possible. Plugging in an ethernet cord still works, so no issues with that adapter or my home internet. I checked all the drivers for my WiFi adapter, and my Ethernet adapter, and both are up to date and display as working properly. Restarting several times didn't seem to fix this issue, and using system restore didn't seem to work either. I used the Troubleshooting tool, and that didn't give my any helpful advice or answers, so I got nothing.

What can I do to fix this issue?

For reference, I have a Broadcom 802.11ac Network Adapter, Driver Version 6.30.95.14, and a Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller, Driver Version 2.1.0.7.

A:Unable to connect to WiFi after failed Windows 8.1 update

Never mind, it seems to have resolved itself overnight after I put it to sleep for several hours.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-connect-to-wifi-after-failed-windows-8-1-update.210268/
Relevancy 16.77%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 18.06%

I am looking to get a new graphics card for my computer because atm it has integrated graphics, which as most of you know sucks. The power supply is 250W which I doubt would be enough to have a whole new graphics card implemented. The model is p6166f. The mother board has this for a graphics card slot PCI express 16x GPU. Please give me suggestions, I am looking to spend approximately 150 - 200 $ total.

A:Looking for new Graphics card and Power supply

We need to know who made your system. How old is your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-graphics-card-and-power-supply.209241/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have an installation folder on my main machine(Windows 7) with all my software. I have repeatedly run into issues connecting odd devices to my shared folder. This time I have installed Windows 10 Technical Preview (on a different machine) and don't understand why it tells me I can't access my own machine. After all these years, you would think user friendly would be a reality. It seems to be a coin toss as to which machines will connect. I hate never knowing I can access my own machine without issue. Here I am trying to install applications but yet I can't get to my storage location.

What is the secret to sharing your machine, so that anyone on the same network can access shared folders?

Edit: I always turn on "Network Discovery" and "File and Print Sharing".

A:Network connection issues (year after year)

I'm more brutal via the firewall:

set trust localhost and your lan ip's, eg 192.168.0.1/24

then add two rules for only the PRIVATE PROFILE

inbound allow tcp/udp from 192.168.0.1/24 to any for ports 137-139,445
outbound allow tcp/udp from any to 192.168.0.1/24 for ports 137-139,445
I use a much more complicate scheme in reality to enforce known vs unknown devices and to segregate WiFI from wired access, but that's just me.

In services, ensure these are running

Bonjour Service ( mDNSResponder)
fdPHost
Network Connections
Network List Service
Network Location Awareness

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-issues-year-after-year.208880/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have been having a problem on several devices conecting to my WiFi router saying there is a problem with Authentication. I have just relised that if I disconect the ethernet cable from my desktop computer to the router the WiFi works without porblems and as soon as I reconnect it I cant connect to the WiFi anymore. I using windows 8.1.

Any suggestions?

A:Can't connect to WiFi when LAN connected.

What is the make and model of your WiFi router? It sounds like a setting is enabled within the router that is giving precedent to your Ethernet connection over your wifi connections.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-when-lan-connected.208892/
Relevancy 18.49%

Hello,
For my next upgrade [Some time around march,Just getting the shopping etc done now] I was thinking of increasing the boot times save times etc. My first thought was. Just get a ssd and plonk it into my system. By then I realised a raid card and Multiple HDD's would be a better option with more storage and more speed [in theory] so I've found a raid card.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PCI-Inter...d&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=360559937654&rt=nc
My only query is that I wont be able to setup RAID 10 with 320Gb and 300mb/s or RAID 0 with 720Gb and 600mb/s and have my OS put onto this setup. [My motherboard (g33mo3 foxconn board) does NOT support RAID to my knowledge(Feel free to correct me if you know different)] so would this card be able to boot from the HDD's attatched in RAID10 / RAID 0
Thanks.
P.S should I go with a faster and more storage or more reliable and less power etc...

Thank you again
~Joseph

A:Raid card

If you're going to go RAID don't do it with the cheapest RAID controller money can buy. I can almost guarantee you won't have a great experience if you do. I've never seen a good $10 RAID controller before (unless times have really changed) and the controller you linked only has 2 SATA ports so you won't be setting up RAID10. RAID10 requires at minimum 4 drives.

nevermind - upon closer inspection it does have 4 SATA ports - but I still think if you're going to go with a RAID controller you should get a higher quality one than this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-card.208527/
Relevancy 17.63%

I don t know if this is the right place to put this so I appologize So my current computer specs are - Intel core i - k - Gigabyte Geforce GTX TI BOOST - Corsair Vengeance GB of RAM - Asus card for Upgrading games evolve future graphics the and P Z -V LX mother board - Corsair Gold AX PLUS Upgrading graphics card for evolve and the future games Power Supply So for the past days I ve been looking around at different graphic cards and I narrowed it down to these three EVGA GeForce GTX SC ACX GB G-P - -KR - - Must wait month Gigabyte GeForce GTX Ti GB Windforce - Can get it right now EVGA GeForce GTX Ti GB G-P - -KR - Can get it right now Now obvious reasons the is most likely the best of the three but also the most expensive one I would like to know if it s worth waiting month and get the if not bottle necked by other components or get one of the s instead Current games I play are Dying light and the reason I need a new card is for future games such as Evolve Batman Arkham knight etc I want to be able to stay frames Other suggestion are very much appreciated Also if you could explain why I should get that card would be awesome nbsp

A:Upgrading graphics card for evolve and the future games

If you don't get the 980, you will only be kicking yourself later. That is if you are seriously considering it.

http://www.techspot.com/review/885-nvidia-geforce-gtx-970-gtx-980/page5.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-graphics-card-for-evolve-and-the-future-games.208598/
Relevancy 21.93%

My PC with windows 7 is the only computer with issues in the house. Ethernet works perfectly but wifi doesn't even when I don't have the ethernet hooked up. The wifi says it is connected but browsers, steam, and Itunes don't work. I have Bitdefender A/V and already tried uninstalling it, no change. I also uninstalled steam and Itunes with still no change. I even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless adapter. I tried looking and I don't recall downloading or installing anything around the time the problem started. Before I try replacing the adapter itself, I was hoping for help here since I saw a very similar problem in another thread.

A:Internet connects but doesnt work on wifi, ethernet works fine

Bump
If there is any more info I can give to help you help me, please let me know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-connects-but-doesnt-work-on-wifi-ethernet-works-fine.199827/
Relevancy 33.97%

I am looking to replace my tired Linksys WRT54G router that is about 10 years old. I love the router, and its even better with DD-WRT on it, but I'm starting to have troubles with the wifi dropping all the connects for a couple seconds when running all my wireless devices. I have 3 smart phones, 2 tablets, 1 Chromecast, a smart TV, and Roku + a laptop or 3 in my house right now, and it seems like its getting to be a bit much for it.
I have had to completely re-flash the firmware twice this year to get the wifi working again, so I'm thinking its time for replacement.
I have been thinking about just getting the new WRT54GL for $50, but I'm also thinking it might be a good idea to upgrade the wifi technology past wireless G .
I'm wondering if my Tablet (Nexu 9), and our smartphones (Razr HD Max) along with the Chromecast will take advantage of the new wireless standards and higher speeds or not? If they will can someone recomend a decent wireless router that takes DD-WRT nicely in the sub-$100 range? Thanks!

A:Looking for new Wifi Router - Will Tablet/Smartphone take advantage of new wifi Standards?

I been programming in Android/Linux since 2010 and there is code that supports VHT is Very High Throughput. Right now the standards are HT is High Throughput .

As for DD-WRT firmware is like your overclocking your router pushing it beyond the OEM limits. I use to use DD-WRT but had quit many years ago since the routers that used that firmware would fail too much.

So best to buy a better business type enterprise router wired then you can use WiFi router as AP or just get WiFi AP(access point). To me WiFi Router is also Wired Router, but to use just a wired router and use WiFi AP through a switch is better. If one or the other goes you can easy replace them. Where as if the WiFi Router fails you would need to replace it.

If you really want to use DD-WRT then Look at Buffalo WiFi Routers some come pre-installed with DD-WRT on them. Frankly you really don't need DD-WRT today because newer routers or WiFi routers are much better built and offer much more power NPU = network processor units and 128, 256, 512, 1GB of RAM some have Dual Cores.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-new-wifi-router-will-tablet-smartphone-take-advantage-of-new-wifi-standards.207572/
Relevancy 17.63%

How can I setup multiple monitor in Eyefinity?

My Card is Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x 2GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...DUAL-X_R9_270X_2GB-_-9SIA2RY1DG6402-_-Product I Have 2
Connections are I have 2 Monitors connected on 1 Card then 1 Monitor for the other
All of it are in DVI
Problem is in Eyefinity I don't know how to setup for it to be only one whole desktop

A:Setting Up Multiple Monitor with 2 Graphics Card in Eyefinity

I would check this thread out: http://goo.gl/4z2Azv

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-multiple-monitor-with-2-graphics-card-in-eyefinity.202756/
Relevancy 18.06%

I currently have a GT610 and I would like to upgrade my graphics card. Could someone recommend a decent graphics card for me? I play games such as: Tomb Raider, Arma, Splinter Cell Blacklist, and Skyrim. I've been looking at a GTX 750, but if someone has a better idea for a graphics card based upon my computer and games with a price rage of about $200 or maybe a bit more or less, that would be great.
Link to my computer:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8939446&CatId=114

A:Suggest a graphics card

GTX 960 or an R9 280X (might be $20 over). Those are your best performing cards for that amount. I'd go with the 960 for energy and temperature benefits though the temps won't be too much better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suggest-a-graphics-card.208348/
Relevancy 18.06%

So I bought myself a new case the other day but when I was done putting in my graphics card, I booted my PC but I didnt get an signal and I have'nt done nothing wrong.

I have nVidia geforce gtx 550 Ti

A:Graphics card broken

Did you connect the 6 pin PCI-E connector from the PSU to the GPU card? Have you tried to remove the GPU and re-seat it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-broken.208307/
Relevancy 18.06%

I purchased a new i3 pc with asrock h81m-s1 plus motherboard.
But it is not detecting my nvdia geforce 9500 gt graphic card... It shows no display.. And in devixe manager also card is not listed

Please help

A:Not detecting graphics card

Make sure the system BIOS is not set to boot strictly with integrated graphics.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/not-detecting-graphics-card.207840/
Relevancy 23.65%

Okay, this is very weird. when I connect to my wifi on my laptop the internet doesnt work. It says connected and everything. it says it has internet access. It just doesnt work. But if I connect my phone to the wifi and use USB tethering to my laptop it works. :/ Help please.

A:Wifi problem

Hey RenRoo.Have you tried a another browser? Does the wired connection to the router work? If yes, I would go into Device Manager, and click the + sign next to Network Adapters.Right click on the wireless adapter and select uninstall.Exit, reboot the system, allow the system to "find" the wireless adapter, then check and see if it will connect. If you still have the same problem, connect via your phone and in Device Manager, try to update the driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-problem.207956/
Relevancy 18.06%

My computer has an MSI Iona motherboard with an Intel Core 7 860 processor and 8 Mb RAM. It also has a NVidia GT230 video card which I would like to replace. Does anyone have any ideas?

A:Upgrading my video card

It appears that you have a PCI Expres x16 (2.0) slot, so any PCI-E graphics card will work. Check out this "best GPU for the money" article at Toms for suggestions at different price points. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-my-video-card.207814/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey guys my device is hp compaq 6200 pro microtower pc
serial no. : SGH125P585
n product no. : XL504AV

I have inbuilt intel hd graphics n no installed a external one n plannin to upgrade gpu
I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!

I wanna use a mid -range
msi nvidia gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5

http://www.msi.com/product/vga/N750-2GD5OC.html#hero-specification

or
leadtek gtx 750 2 gb oc ddr5
http://www.leadtek.com/eng/product/1/697/intro.aspx
will
both d graphics card support my device?????

A:Graphics card issues

rockyrulz said:

I have 320 watts of psu n plannin to upgrade to 550 watts

I have a pci x16(2.0) pci slot
but dont know whether it is low profile or full height ???

my pci bracket is 4.2" long so it must be a full height na!!!!!!
I wana know how much long graphics card my device can support!!!!Click to expand...

I'd say yes you have a full height card. The half-height is only about 2 inches. If you upgrade your PSU to 550 like you said you would, I see no reasons why you couldn't run a 750. The 750's are not long cards and should fit in your case with ease.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-issues.207671/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hello! I want to buy a Geforce Gtx 980 4GB gddr5 for my pc but I dont know if my motherboard can support it, how can I tell? my mother board is B85-G41 PC mate>, My procesor is i7 4770 3.40GHz. RAM is 16GB 1600MHz and PSU is 500W.

A:Video Card Support

From the information you provided, yes the GeForce GTX 980 will work very well with your MSI B85-G41 motherboard. You may want to keep an eye on your PSU though. 500W is the minimum system power requirement (according to the Nvidia website) to run the GeFore GTX 980. If you Overclock the GPU, it may run into some issues with the draw power coming from the PSU, and could cause it to go into an overload.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-support.207732/
Relevancy 17.63%

So this thread is probably going to have a lot of information on it Timeouts Other Network Issues & but please don Timeouts & Other Network Issues t be discouraged I really really need help with some issues I ve been having and if someone could solve this for me that would be amazing So I ve been experiencing timeouts It seems I get timeouts whenever using Timeouts & Other Network Issues some sort of wired connection If I used an ethernet cable connected to my router I would get timeouts in several applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak If I used Wireless I was fine So after lots of troubleshooting I couldn t find a fix so I ve been using Wireless ever since Lately however my wireless has been unusually slow not for everyone in the house just for me So what I did to solve the issue is I setup a D-Link DIR in my room to act as a Wireless Access Point I now get slightly faster speeds and bar connection rather than the bars I was getting previously Now I thought I wouldn t get these stupid timeout errors when connecting to this Wireless Timeouts & Other Network Issues Access Point turns out I still do On Teamspeak for example I will be talking to people and everything will be completely normal I won t lag or anything and then BOOM I get disconnected As I said no lag no warning I just get disconnected It s almost as though my router is randomly cutting me off So what I thought I d do was replace my primary router BoB Lite with the D-Link DIR and then use Wired connection because I assumed that the BoB Lite was causing the timeout issues Now I can t even connect to anything wired I must have changed a setting when troubleshooting or something But now I can t source internet from my laptop ICS and I can t connect to my original or new router wired The only way I can currently get internet is by using the DIR in my room but I still get timeouts when using applications such as Minecraft and Teamspeak So yeah multiple issues Firstly if I could just solve the timeouts then that would solve everything I could continue connecting to the modem in my room and everything would be fine OR is there a way I could someone reset all my network settings that I may have messed up when troubleshooting As I can no longer connect to any modem with a wired connection not even the DIR which could have solved the problem If anyone could help me out that would be GREATLY appreciated This is a really annoying issue and I ve tried to troubleshoot it myself for ages now but with no luck IF anything in this thread doesn t make sense to you please tell me and I ll gladly explain myself Additional Summarised Information My primary router is a BoB Lite my ISP is iiNet The modem in my room is a D-Link DIR I m using a NetComm N USB Adapter to connect to Wi-Fi I m using Windows Ultimate -bit Thanks very much Innug nbsp

A:Timeouts & Other Network Issues

Get a command prompt
enter PING 8.8.8.8

does that timeout or return timing values?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/timeouts-other-network-issues.207544/
Relevancy 17.63%

Not sure if this is better suited for here for the Alternate OS section, but here it goes

I have pretty much switched by computer to running just Linux. Almost never boot over to Windows. Only issue I'm having with it is the Radeon graphics drivers for my R9 290 seem to be arguing with Steam. I have read Nvidia cards propritery drivers work much better with linux.
So one of my work computers needs a graphics card upgrade and I'm thinking getting a good Nvidia card to replace my R9 290 and see if that fixes my graphics driver conflit issues.
Does anyone have any experiance with that and what would be a good card comperable to the R9 290 from Nvidia's end of things?

Thanks!

A:Nvidia graphics card running Steam on Linux

The Geforce GTX780Ti or the big boys would be the only way for u to go, that would be comparable. and I would have no idea on driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-graphics-card-running-steam-on-linux.207200/
Relevancy 18.06%

My graphics card previously got wet and frankly I don t know enough about computers in order to know what part to order for this How can I find the best graphics card for this system Or more simply can someone tell me what is the best card this system can support Information below Field Value Computer Operating System Windows Home Premium Home Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Computer Name STARFISH User Name Patrick Motherboard CPU Type DualCore system? for Best graphics card this Intel Pentium Best graphics card for this system? D MHz Motherboard Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Unknown Communication Port Communications Port COM Multimedia Audio Adapter High Definition Audio Controller NoDB Storage IDE Controller Intel R G ICH Family Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - DF SCSI RAID Controller Intel R ICH R DH SATA RAID Controller Disk Drive ST AS Disk Drive WDC WD AAKX- ERMA Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S A ATA Device SMART Hard Disks Status Unknown Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard PS Keyboard Mouse HID-compliant mouse Network Network Adapter Belkin Wireless Adapter Network Adapter Intel R PRO PL Network Connection Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer USB Controller Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C NoDB USB Controller Intel R G ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - C NoDB nbsp

A:Best graphics card for this system?

Look for a model number printed on your motherboard, usually printed around the CPU area.

The info you provided only tells us you are using a Pentium D. Most likely an 820 (could also be either 915 or 920) but not positive. In any case this would be an LGA775 platform, which usually has a PCIe x16 slot. But without knowing the model number of the motherboard so we can check, I'm not going to swear on PCIe x16 support. I am leaning toward PCIe x16 support, since you stated having a graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-graphics-card-for-this-system.207505/
Relevancy 22.79%

I am confused and have no idea where to start... I apologise in advance for the wall of text.

Recently I have been experiencing odd issues with my WiFi router ( at least I think its the router) ZyXel Keenetic Giga II. The most annoying of which is the periodic inability to load random webpages. For example, I might be able to load google but not any of the search results while at the same time being able to browse reddit on my phone or tablet. The pattern changed constantly and it doesn't seem to affect any particular web pages. Like I said - random. This happens once or twice a week and seems to be increasing in frequency. I have tried rebooting the router. Rolling back to factory settings, changing DNS. With no result. It only resolves itself when it "feels" like it and usually lasts from 5 min to several hours. It is also worth mentioning that I hardly ever use my laptop and most of the browsing and streaming is done using various mobile devices.

Any help in defeating my router would be greatly appreciated.

A:Strange issues with WiFi router

Describe "The most annoying of which is the periodic inability to load random webpages" in detail please - -

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/strange-issues-with-wifi-router.207497/
Relevancy 22.79%

I got a new laptop recently (this past Sunday) and ever since I turned it on I've had horrible issues with WiFi. It's tothe point where I'm ready to return it to the store and just go without a computer. Keep in mind I'm not very tech savvy, so I might not know what you're talking about.

It's very slow and won't stay connected to the internet. 4/5 times it doesn't load the web page I'm trying to load and after about 5 minutes after powering on it disconnects from my Wi-Fi and refuses to reconnect. The troubleshooter says it's a router issue but resetting the router doesn't do anything at all and no other device in the house is having any issues. I haven't downloaded ANYTHING to it yet. In addition, when it /does/ connect to my Wi-Fi, trying to open any web page brings me to a "you are not connected to the internet" notice.

I have no idea what to do. I need a computer for work but I'm so sick of having problems with them.

A:Brand new laptop; faulty wifi process?

Set up the laptop next to the router where the signal should be strongest. Are you sure that you are connecting to your own wi fi network and router? When you switch on the laptop it will search for in range networks and when you spot your own you are asked to give the password before you can use the internet for the first time. If that's not happening maybe its logging you on to a neighbouring unsecured network (no password set) where the signal is weak. If I click on the wireless icon bottom right in my taskbar it brings up a choice of available networks. My icon looks like a set of steps and so the icon shows how strong the signal is. Check that you are connecting to your own router and see how strong the signal is. You mention other devices that work OK but haven't given any details.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/brand-new-laptop-faulty-wifi-process.207589/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi,
I installed Win 7 32 bit on my Lenovo G519 laptop. Now I want to use my wireless Internet but can't find the way I can turn on that laptop!!
I tried Fn+F5 and also F5 but it's still turned off.
How to turn on wireless in that laptop please?

A:How to turn on wifi in Lenovo G510

Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-turn-on-wifi-in-lenovo-g510.207096/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hello All please help not computer literate- just basic hope Nvidia GT635 GeForce card video I have posted in the right place if I have not then any guidance to the correct area will be most appreciated Can someone please advise from the Nvidia GeForce GT video card - can Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card I use an hdmi cable and connect to a Samsung lcd TV Samsung quot p Hz LED HD TV Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card UN F I intend to buy this TV currently didn t as I m not aware if it will work once I have the correct advice only then can I proceed to buy im using windows my system specs are as follows Orchid Motherboard orchid s Manufacturer MSI Form factor uATX - cm in x cm in Chipset AMD A FCH Memory sockets x DDR Processor socket FM Expansion Slots One PCI Express x Gen Three PCI Express x Gen One PCI Express mini card Processor AMD A TDP W Operating speed Up to GHz up to GHz turbo Number of cores Socket FM Memory GB Amount GB Speed PC - MB s Type DDR - Video graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GT Figure Video card kindly see attachment Images of video card and Ports also see Image of video card bracket showing ports - HDMI - DVI Form Factor Low profile PCB with ATX bracket Dimensions cm x cm in x in Maximum resolution DVI dual-link resolution x x bpp at Hz HDMI resolution x Analog VGA resolution with adapter x x bpp at Hz NOTE Not all ports support the highest resolutions GB onboard memory Memory interface -bit DDR Total power consumption W max Supports Blu-ray Supports HDCP Supports up to two displays at the same time nbsp

A:Nvidia GeForce GT635 video card

It says "HDMI resolution: 1920 x 1080". Which is a common port you would connect to a TV.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-gt635-video-card.207398/
Relevancy 22.79%

Updated my hardware drivers including the wireless adapter, and something must have gotten changed as I can not connect to wifi anymore on HP Notebook G72-253NR with Windows 7.

Flushed winsock, released/renewed ipconfig and deleted/reinstalled adapter. Can meanwhile connect thru Ethernet cable again but not wifi. Finds my wifi network (previously didn't) but can't connect, don't have tcp/ip addresses in LAC or wireless properties, automatically obtain is enabled. IPv4/6 enabled in both also.

Getting message of "HOST Process was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/Services/VSDATANT? at initial startup.

"COM surrogate was prevented from changing settings of ZoneAlarm by modifying registry key HKCS/services/vsdatant" whenever I simply access/exit ip protocol settings.

How can I fix this? My brain is fried after several DAYS of trying to fix my friends computer... Please someone help!

A:Can't connect to wifi after hardware driver update

Call your ISP they will walk you through it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-wifi-after-hardware-driver-update.206983/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hey , I am not good at computers
plz help me to choose the best and cheap graphic card for my computer
the details of my computer are:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PAWAN-PC
System Manufacturer WIPRO
System Model MS-7267
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.80GHz, 2792 Mhz, 1 Core(s), 1 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. V17.21B6, 9/10/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name pawan-PC\pawan
Time Zone India Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 1.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 0.99 GB
Available Physical Memory 211 MB
Total Virtual Memory 1.99 GB
Available Virtual Memory 921 MB
Page File Space 1.00 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

A:What's the best and cheap video card for my computer?

I don't think that GPU will make any difference in your 'rig'

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/whats-the-best-and-cheap-video-card-for-my-computer.207332/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hey guys, my laptop asus stopped working with wifi connection and I was just reading some posts here about this same problem but didn't find how to fix it.

I was uninstalling some programs from my pc but I didn't uninstall programs named "something wireless". I just took off what I knew I could.

I also tried the option "solve problems" in the wireless pc symbol and the answer was to connect my laptop to an ethernet cable...that never happened. Just now.

Does anyone knows how I get back my wireless connection? Pleasee

A:WiFi doesn't work only with cable ethernet

Powercycle the modem and router. Here is a specific order if you have a separate modem and router.
1. Shut down all PC's.
2. Shut down the Modem and router.
3. Power on the modem only. Wait 2 minutes or so.
4. Power on the router. Wait 2 minutes or so.
If you have a modem/router combo, then you don't need step 4.
5. Boot up the PC and see if you can connect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-doesnt-work-only-with-cable-ethernet.207136/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi all I have to the WLAN work as rather Router on from a WiFi LAN a a typical situation in my Internet and LAN setup My ISP provides me with a direct LAN cable that I need to connect either into my PC or into the WiFi Router WLAN port I also have a LAN that I need to connect to so I have installed a separate LAN card for the internal LAN purposes My two setups are below with their issues I hope someone can suggest a middle grounds to have a LAN and a WiFi too Scenario The ISP cable goes into the WLAN port of the Router Cables from the router goes into my PC network card and to other PCs for LAN purposes The PC cards are all configured to automatic IP LAN Internet WiFi is now available This works fine for a few days and then the internet stops working because there is a conflict of IP The ISP expects IPs like xxx and the one on the LAN Router for my PC is Scenario Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN The ISP cable goes into network card internet sharing is enabled Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN and automatic IP with the ISP s expected IP xxx Another cable goes from my PC s network card fixed IP into the regular LAN port of the same Router Without any issues over the months the Internet works the LAN works other PCs have fixed IPs too etc but no Wifi Can I have best of both the worlds in such a situation I can t install a rd network card for sure as the slot on the mother board is limited Please advise Thanks in advance Bhavbhuti nbsp

A:Router to work as a WiFi on the LAN rather from a WLAN

Code:

Scenario-1
isp==>(wan)router-->PC card-1, et al (conflict 123.237,234.xxx v 192.168.1.100)

Scenario-2
ISP===->pc card-1
pc card-2==>router
scenario-1 is a configuration or firmware condition
scenario-2 is a real security issue and the primary PC is basically acting as a DMZ server and is at risk.
Here's my setup:
Code:

isp==(wan)router-1--- PCs in the same room
|
+---(lan)router-2(with wifi) - - - wifi connections in the den

configuration to make this work with full file/print sharing:
router-2:

disable DHCP in this router
setup all WiFi settings here
notice: router-2 wan slot is left empty to make this work
Router-1:

set LAN address of router one as you please (eg: 192.168.1.1 )

set an address reservation for router-2's MAC -> a fixed, constant IP address on that same subnet (eg 192.168.1.254)
set the DHCP range small (eg 2-32)
router-1 will control all auto-ip assignments for both routers.

Personally, I add another tweak;

reserve ip addresses for all of my devices into the low-end of the dhcp range (say 2-10) and
let 'guests' take addresses above 10
This gives the opportunity to allow file/print sharing to known systems (2-10) and disallow for the guests.

Setup totally within the routers allow my laptop to travel and not be effected by these choices.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-to-work-as-a-wifi-on-the-lan-rather-from-a-wlan.207258/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi all. Im after some recommendations/thoughts on a Graphics card to suit my current set-up.
Im basically wanting to fit a card that's as higher spec as I can go before the rest of my PC(CPU,RAM,MBoard) becomes a hindrance on its performance.
Operating System
Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 @ 2.93GHz 39 C
Wolfdale 45nm Technology
RAM
4.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 533MHz (7-7-7-20)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5G41T-M LX (LGA775) 43 C
Graphics
VS248 ([email protected])
1024MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series (XFX Pine Group) 49 C
Storage
465GB SAMSUNG HD501LJ ATA Device (SATA) 42 C
Optical Drives
SONY DVD RW DRU-840A ATA Device
HUAWEI Mass Storage USB Device
Audio
ASUS Xonar DGX Audio Device

A:Graphics card to suit

With Core 2 Duo, I'd say any current $150 card. Just make sure your PSU will be strong enough to power it (at least 400W). Anything less than 400W, and you should probably stick with $100 or less cards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-to-suit.207045/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello all,

I use an ADSL modem for accessing Internet in my home. I think my wifi password is stolen. I wanna change it but I have a computer only in my office and use the Internet in my home by my iPhone. Is there a way to change that password with my iPhone or should I surely use a computer to do that work, please?

A:How to change the Wifi password of an ADSL modem without a computer

Hello abbasi ,
You can use your iPhone to log in the router and change the wireless settings, however this isn't usually recommended. If something goes wrong when configuring the wireless settings and you are not able to connect to the router you'll need a device that can be connected via Ethernet cable to restore the access.
If this router is supplied by your ISP you can ask them if they have remote access to it to change the password.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-change-the-wifi-password-of-an-adsl-modem-without-a-computer.207093/
Relevancy 17.63%

I was watching a tv show on nbc on my dell inspirion when I lost Wi-Fi. I checked and I had no signal and it wasn't even showing any available networks. I called dell and they ran me through a diagnostics. But once they saw my McAfee was expired and I wasn't paying extra for tech support they wouldn't help. Now it's not even showing Wi-Fi in my network connections just Ethernet. Please help

A:No Wi-Fi listed in network settings

IMO, McAffee isn't worth $$; ditch it and get WiFi running again.

THEN, choose { Avast or AVG } as your A/V product, DL & install.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-wi-fi-listed-in-network-settings.206899/
Relevancy 18.06%

I need help picking out the right graphics card that I want/need/ I have a Dell OptiPlex 745, the small-skinny one and I am really looking to stay within or under $100 but I want one that will run some decent FPS games smoothly, not hard FPS games like Skyrim and COD. I have a 2.4 processor, 4Gb Ram and 200Gb hard drive. Please help.

A:Picking the right graphics card

The motherboard you have has a PCI Express 1.0a slot. You will have to find a video card that will work in that slot, because not all Graphics cards will just plug in and play. Not all PCI Express 2.0/2.1/3.0 cards will work with the PCI Express 1.0a slot.

Also, you need to look at your PSU (Power Supply) and determine if you have one that will be able to power the additional Graphics card. The highest wattage one that is included with the Dell OptiPlex 745 is a 305 watt capacity (and the lowest is 220 watts). The specs for the EVGA GeForce GT 730 (this is right from the EVGA Website) states:

300 Watt or greater power supply with a minimum of 20 Amp on the +12 volt rail.****
PCI Express, PCI Express 2.0 or PCI Express 3.0 compliant motherboard with one graphics slot.
Windows 8 32/64bit, Windows 7 32/64bit, Windows Vista 32/64bit, Windows XP 32/64bit
Don't like giving bad news, but I would say no this will not work. I would not actually try to upgrade this computer, because you will run into limitations quickly on what you can do. If you are insistent on getting better graphics, I would look at older graphics cards that are low profile and do not require too much wattage to run.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/picking-the-right-graphics-card.206963/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi Guys,
Recently my laptop keeps disconnecting from the wi-fi and I get an error saying unidentified network, I try to troubleshoot, it tries to reset the wireless network adapter and then the computer freezes. After I reset the laptop the problem can happen again within a couple of minutes. The driver software is fully up to date and I have no idea what else I can do. It is an Acer Aspire 5750G running Windows 7. Please help it's making my laptop almost completely unusable

A:Unidentified Network

Have you tried a wired connection does that work any better?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unidentified-network.206848/