Windows Support Forum

Acer ES1-131-C3FQ Booting Issues

Q: Acer ES1-131-C3FQ Booting Issues

Hi all knowledgable folk! My Acer has been working well for the year or so I've had it, however a couple of days ago things have been going wrong Firstly, the touchpad has completely gone, does not respond at all and there is no cursor at all. Secondly (might be related), when booting it frequently cycles through the Acer boot screen, restarting itself several times, until a Windows repair option displays, when accepting the defauly option of Restarting Windows 8.1, the PC will finally boot and I have no issues (apart from the touchpad) until I next need to boot. Also, if the PC hibernates, it will not come out of this mode which then requires a hard reset. I've reinstalled Windows which has not helped, so I'm at a loss as to what do to next. Any suggestions? Maybe a BIOS update or something? Many thanks in advance all,

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-ES1-131-C3FQ-Booting-Issues/td-p/457724
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Acer ES1-131-C3FQ Booting Issues

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello...I will start from the begining .

I bought the Acer V5 and tried booting it up...it came with boot-up Linux which means nothing to me so I made a Windows 8 bootable USB and the problems started. First I could'n find the USB and after enabling the Legacy mode it finally found it and booted from it. Turned out the partitions are GPT and as I made the USB MBR it couldn't install so I canceled which I guess was my mistake but there was no other option. After that I created the bootable USB with GPT partition scheme and tried again. Unfortunately this time I got something called GNU GRUB....wth? I googled around and found the commands required for booting - root (hd1,0), then chainloader +1 and finally boot. Then I get the famous The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors with Status: 0xc000000e. Of course tried that couple of more times but still to no avail. I cannot recover or repair as Windows was never really installed, so I don't know what to do....Hopefully someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance guys.

Petar

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-v5-booting-windows-installing-issues.205294/
Relevancy 48.16%

My acer aod250 says "Check cable connection..! PXE-E63: Error while initializing the NIC. PXE-MOF: Exiting Intel PXE ROM. No bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key."
I have no bootdisk or cd drive. I've gone to the setup utilities and have been booting it from there for over a year but it doesn't work anymore.
I need help, please!
(acer support won't help me)

Relevancy 47.73%

I updated in DOS mode, everything went fine.But when i restarted the PC, screen remained black Did a clear CMOS via jumper and removing the battery also. What else can i do? Is there some rescue mode that i could use to reflash the BIOS?Why are Acer PCs that sensible to BIOS updates, hat similar experiences some years ago, thought meanwhile the procedure is as safe as for other manufacturers :/

A:Acer Aspire XC-710 not booting after R01-A2.6M BIO...

is there maybe a parallel solution for Acer Desktop PCs like this one for Laptops?http://acer--uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3088/~/aspire-one-a110-%2F-a150-powers-on-but-t...

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-XC-710-not-booting-after-R01-A2-6M-BIOS-update/td-p/428600/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.73%

hi guys,
having a major issue with my acer 9303 laptop. It just went dead. The power button illuminates, hdd light flickers twice but cannot get past that point. DVD drive has power and will eject, when I plug in a usb mouse, that illuminates aswell, which means that power seems to be going through ok, but no fan noise. Luckily I have this netbook that I am using in the meantime.

I have carried out the following:-
a. swapped the hdd from the netbook to the acer, no change.
b. upgarded the ram to 2 gig a year ago, so swapped back to the original ram, no change
c. tried with battery, without battery, direct power from plug, etc, no change.
d. if I keep my fingers pressed on the power button which is illuminated, it switches off after a few seconds
any ideas ? much appreciated

A:Acer Laptop not booting

anyone on this pls ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-not-booting.843814/
Relevancy 47.73%

This unit is not booting either off the HDD or the DVD drive [trying Puppy or Knoppix], I can only get into the BIOS, F12 doesn't show any boot options at all, the boot options are only showing in the BIOS, anything I can try please?

A:Acer Aspire E1-572 not booting

On a Windows 8 computer, make sure Secure Boot is disabled. Also disable FastBoot. If that does not work enable Legacy boot. It can also be called CSM boot.

Edit: For the problem of not being able to access the boot menu with F12 see this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566174/acer-aspire-e1-572-not-booting/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have used the recovery discs on an Acer desktop. The computer will not boot up, the message being that Windows\system32\config\system is either missing or corrupt. Help please.

Relevancy 47.73%

I REFORMATTED MY ACER LAPTOP AND IT GIVES ME A ERROR MESSAGE "NTLDR IS MISSING, PRESS RESTART". WHEN I REFORMATT IT AGAIN USING THE ALT-F10 FEATURE, IT WENT THROUGHT THE FORMATTING BUT IT GIVES ME A ERROR MESSAGE SAYING " MISSING A FILE OR FILE IS OPEN". THE FILE IT GAVE ME WAS "C:\PRELOAD.TAG" SO, WHAT I NEED TO DO TO GET MY LAPTOP WORKING AGAIN. ALSO, I RIED THE RECOVERY DISKS AND MY BACKUP RECOVERY DISK AND ITS GIVING ME THE SAME MESSAGE. i APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE CAN HELP ME .

A:Acer not booting after reformatting

Checkout: http://soulpass.com/2007/11/10/inst...essional-sp2-on-acer-aspire-5315-2153-laptop/

It is a good article on how to install XP on an Acer laptop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-not-booting-after-reformatting.758749/
Relevancy 47.73%

At first it would just take a few power cycles and then it would come back nbsp VN7-791G not booting Acer Today I tried to restart it after Windows updates and it won't come back even after many hours of trying nbsp nbsp Symptoms are the lights come on fans spin up but nothing on the screen nbsp Doesn't even show the Acer splash screen can't get into BIOS nbsp If you listen closely you can hear the fans power down after seconds or so then the smaller of the two fans left side if you're looking down at the keyboard will spin up and down over and over I just hear a short little whirrrr sound then it spins down then back up etc nbsp Don't know if that means anything could just be the fan reacting to a tiny amount Acer VN7-791G not booting of heat from the vid card nbsp nbsp What I've done Acer VN7-791G not booting nbsp nbsp nbsp Did the power reset thing with the pin hole on the bottom nbsp Nothing nbsp nbsp Popped the keyboard up and disconnected the battery entirely nbsp No change nbsp First time I did this was a few months back but after a couple tries it booted up nbsp It doesn't get restarted very often but it seemed like every time it took a bit longer to get it to boot nbsp This time I don't think Acer VN7-791G not booting it's coming back nbsp When it was running it ran great nbsp Played games it didn't run hot at all no problems nbsp I never had it crash while running just this boot issue nbsp nbsp It's one of the early V Nitros came with Windows bit nbsp I hadn't yet upgraded it to nbsp My gut feeling is a bad BIOS nbsp Or the Motherboard itself nbsp But I'm posting here to see if there are any other suggestions people who had the same issue or whatever nbsp On a side note this will likely be my last Acer thanks to them telling me to wait and see after the initial call when it was in warranty and now they refuse to do anything since it's now out of warranty nbsp Thanks Acer that's great nbsp

A:Acer VN7-791G not booting

Had this issue with another laptop. Reseating the RAM fixed it. Try reseating your ram.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Acer-VN7-791G-not-booting/td-p/415263
Relevancy 47.73%

I have an Acer Aspire 5520-5334 with winvista
When i boot up with the charger in, i go to the windows error recovery screen.
It says that the windows had failed to start.
It lists options for startup.

Safe Mode
Safe mode with networking
(etc)

When i choose any of these options, it continues to boot up. Then, the system shuts down again.
Its shuts down at various times, sometimes at the window loading screen, sometimes at the error recovery screen.
Once i made it to my desktop before it crashed.
I think its just out of batteries, but im running my laptop plugged in.
Is it a hardware problem?
Help Please!

A:Acer Laptop not booting up.

You have most likely an impacted or damaged hard drive. So you need to find a real Windows Vista dvd to boot to, which of course you don't have and that is part of the reason laptops are so inexpensive now, and as you approach the install you will see repair options at the bottom of the screen including startup repair and hard drive repair etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-not-booting-up.976245/
Relevancy 47.73%

I'm trying to boot up my daughters Acer but it's proving difficult it keeps going to start up repair process and either just stays on a bank screen or sends me to Homegroupe and asked for my password that I haven't a clue what it is I've haven't got any diagnostic cds or anything as it's just happened yesterday It will not let me boot Acer not booting Aspire up up in safe mode I selected disable auto restart so that I could read the blue screen and he is the message I get word for word ------------------- A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this Acer Aspire not booting up is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive curruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP X B XFFFFF A XFFFFFFFFC X X ----------------- Any Ideas

A:Acer Aspire not booting up

It seems you must load a fresh Copy of windows... I''ll recommand windows 7.
Or, in the worst case your hard disk is damaged

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531383/acer-aspire-not-booting-up/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Acer Aspire that worked for about months and now will not boot through to Windows For a long time it would flash the green around the power make a weird noise and then quit After reading to OS 5520 Acer Not Booting Aspire some advice though I was finally able to get to the ACER splash screen Now when I turn the power on the ACER splash screen will load and I am able to get into my BIOS settings with F After that though a black screen with a blinking cursor underscore not mouse pointer in the top left hand corner What I have tried so far Pressing the Lock keys while at the black screen --My result The computer acknowledges these by their corresponding lights coming on Popping a CD in while at the screen --My result The Acer Aspire 5520 Not Booting to OS CD drive sounds like it is reading the CD but nothing happens on screen or audiolly Tried with software CD and music CD Putting a cordless mouse s usb stick in the usb drive --My result The mouse will light up which tells me the usb drive is working but nothing changes on screen Holding SHIFT to try to get sticky keys to come up --My result Nothing happens Typing Windows Key R c windows explorer exe to see if anything will happen from that screen --My result after quot L quot everything I type beeps nothing appears on the screen when typing I have tried typing miscellaneous other things as well but after a few words it just starts beeping with every key CTRL ALT DEL --My result The computer shuts off as soon as this combination is hit Booting with just power cord just battery and both --My result The same with any I have also verified the power cable works with another laptop Alt F to get to erecovery --My result The same black screen verified D D recovery enabled in BIOS Leaving it on the black screen for an hour --My result The screen still there Downloading a Windows Vista repair iso and burning to disc Setting boot to CD from F --My result Sounds like disc spins black screen with cursor appears and then screen goes blank and laptop turns off A motherboard analyzer from ebay --My result Code --FF appears can not find the manual to figure out what that means though About times instead of the black screen with the cursor it will say NVIDIA Boot Agent A line about NVIDIA copyright A line about Intel copyright Underscore cursor and then it will shut right off I can not figure out when these come up what is different than before Once and only once it came up with this after the ACER splash screen NVIDIA Boot Agent Copyright c - NVIDIA Corporation Copyright c - Intel Corporation PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting NVIDIA Boot Agent It stayed on for about seconds and then turned off I copied it as closely as I could knowing it would probably turn off but there are probably some missed punctuation words or mistyped numbers I do not really have any experience with all this behind-the-scenes hardware stuff but I can follow directions so if anyone has some helpful suggestions I would really really appreciate it Help After the above I connected an external CD drive to the laptop put the Windows recovery disk in it and set it to boot from that drive This time it went to the black screen with the cursor in the top left but then turned all black and said toward the bottom center something like Windows is loading files Before I got too excited though the laptop shut off nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5520 Not Booting to OS

A couple of things to try
1) As the PC starts Tap F8 - see if you get a menu appear - if so, select, with the arrow keys, safemode - see if that boots
2) You could try booting a virtual operating system - see if that loads at all - Ubuntu
UBUNTU
It may be possible to boot from another Operating System
This will at least test the Hardware

If you have another PC with a cdwriter and spare CD
goto http://www.ubuntu.com/ and download the ISO

full details are here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

click on the image "download ubuntu"
Select a location
then begin download
Save the file onto your PC – remember where you saved it – so you can find it again to create the image bootable CD.

You do NOT copy the ISO file onto a CD - you have to use the ISO to create a bootable CD
The CD creator software you have on the PC may have an option to create an image from an ISO
If not - use this free program http://www.imgburn.com/

When the UBUNTU CD boots - you will see the following options
1) Try ubunto without any change to your computer
2) Install ubuntu
3) Check CD for defects
4) Test memory
5) Boot from first hard disk.

Use OPTION 1 "Try ubunto without any change to your computer" ONLY this option this will run from the CD and not install onto your harddrive - be careful, if you do install onto the PC - you will wipe the data and software OFF your hard drive.., so repeat only use option 1

Now you should see a UBUNTU desktop
This at least proves the main parts of the PC are working

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5520-not-booting-to-os.925287/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Acer about years old that shuts down while booting Windows Xp- Home It will sometimes give me an error message saying that the quot video driver failed to initialize quot then the acer booting while down shuts 3610 unit shuts down a couple of seconds later I can not boot in safe mode safe mode with command prompt safe mode with vga enabled or any other mode acer 3610 shuts down while booting I even tried to boot with a new hard drive with no OS installed got error message saying that there was no OS detected and the unit still shut down a couple of seconds after the message appeared I tried to boot from recovery disks that I bought directly from Acer with tha same result I even tried to run the eRecovery utility which got me as far as the windows logo with the scrolling bar under it appearing on the screne only to have the unit shut down a couple of seconds later As a last resort I tried the unit with no hard drive at all got the error message that there was no OS detected acer 3610 shuts down while booting and the unit still shut down acer 3610 shuts down while booting a couple of seconds later I checked the fan and it is running while the unit is on Any ideas of what might be the problem nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

I recently used rufus 1.3.4 to put a bootable copy of windows xp home on a flash drive. My desktop recognizes's it and will boot from it but my acer aspire one netbook wont. Im confuse. If anyone takes the time to help i sincerely thank yo.

Relevancy 47.3%

My Acer AX3475 EF328 is not booting right now. When I press power, It beeps 2 short times and does not load past the Acer screen.I tried taking one ram stick out, switch them around it had the same problem. When I took both sticks out it it continously beeped. Taking out the HDD makes no differnce either, Taking out the CMOS battery, the fan goes to 100% and the computer does not load any screen. Side note, It had a booting problem a while ago, it would beep but not load past Acer screen. I took the CMOS battery out for a while and then put it back in, it booted fine, but its not working now. I don't know too much about computers, please hep me

A:Acer AX3475 EF328 NOT BOOTING

Hello, Have you replaced the CMOS battery?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-AX3475-EF328-NOT-BOOTING/td-p/430377/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

Hie people ,i bought this acer aspire 5333 and it was running windows 7 and then i installed windows 8 preview and three days i go when i was repairing files ,it took so long than expected and i thought it has frozen so i forced it to shut down by press the power button for 5second and by the time i restart the machine it started to restarting automatically just after displaying the acer long and says press f2 to enter setup and if i press f2 nthng is coming up,and some have said use fn and f10 but non of these ideas seems not working,anyone with the help on how i can fix this problem or to totally reset the machine ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/acer-5333-booting-problem-610462.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Upon initial boot, i am presented with two options: Start windows normally, which shows a split second of a blue screen then returns to the previous screen, or Launch Startup Repair, which brings me to a page that is stuck at "Windows is loading files." It doesnt do anything after that. I tried safe mode, Safe mode, i also tried Factory reset by hitting alt+f10 and that brings me to a blank black screen with a white dash in the upper left corner, and also does nothing after that. Nothing i have tried works. It either freezes or brings me back to the previous screen. I heard from a few friends it could be the BIOS or hard drive?

A:Acer Aspire One D255E Not booting

Well; have you tried doing a startup repair using the window disc? If not i would try doing that first and see what happens. As far as the hard drive goes; can you hear any unusual sounds coming from the hard drive like clicking etc? cause that could indicate that the drive is about to go south.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/328974-acer-aspire-one-d255e-not-booting.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I am trying to boot a Acer Aspire E1-531 Intel B960 2mb L3 cache 2.2 Ghz 6gb DDR3 ram500gb Hdd   for my friend as it had become slower and slower , it had tried to install windowns 10.but this did not work correctlyShe has brought it to me to have a look and all its doing is when you start it , I get scanning and reparing drive C and the windows circle spinning round furthest i have got it to is 45%then i get black screen reboots then shuts downI suspect corrupted OS or errors on discDo these laptops not come with support discs andNo win 8 keyI cant get into the firmware by pressing ESC or any of the F keysAny help please or does it look like I will need to install Win 8 from scratch I have a disc in 32 and 64 bit is this lappy 64 bitthanks

A:problems booting a Acer Aspire E1-531

Support/recovery disks-USB media must be created by user in the first days of use (normally a pop-up/reminder is triggered from system)windows key are embedded on BIOS, so it will automatically read by windows 10 or 8 if version matches (8 home- 10 home; 10 PRO - 8 PRO) Reading your report, it looks more an HDD issue but...can also be an OS issue too, as you mentioned. if you need a windows 8 media to boot and have an HDD/OS check:http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/problems-booting-a-Acer-Aspire-E1-531/td-p/420273/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 47.3%

i am trying to fix my dads laptop. whenever i turn it on it goes into the safe mode option screen. then if i do "start windows normally" then it goes to the windows boot screen and then flashes the blue screen of death for half a second so you cant read it, and then restarts and does the same thing over again. if you go into safe mode then it starts, well, going into safe mode with the white letters and everything. but then it just restarts. if you do "last known goo configuration" then it does the same thing as "start windows normally.

A:acer travelmate 4400 with xp pro sp2 not booting up!!!!

Cant you just reinstall windows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-travelmate-4400-with-xp-pro-sp2-not-booting-up-251669.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Basically what happens with is that once I hit the power button the Acer intro screen pops up by the way pressing F to go to Setup doesn t work apperantly as usual but the screen right after that forgive my ineptness as I don t know the specific name but it s that one screen with the quot quot blinking in the top left corner doesn t disappear in a matter of seconds as it normally does Instead after a while this text will come up quot not One Aspire loading/booting? Acer Intel UNDI PXE- build Copyright C Acer Aspire One not loading/booting? - Intel Corporation For Atheros PCIE Ethernet Controller v Check cable connection PXE-E Error while initializing the NIC PXE-M F Exiting Intel PXE ROM Acer Aspire One not loading/booting? quot After that appears nothing happens I could leave this up for an hour and it would stay this way I d appreciate it if someone could help me with this After all a good majority of my schoolwork is on there and I d rather not lose all that data Thank you nbsp

A:Acer Aspire One not loading/booting?

looks to me like its not finding your boot device (i.e hard drive) and its trying to boot from your network card first thing would be to open the case and reseat all cables going to your hard drive.. then try getting into the bios and see if its detected (usual keys are ESC / F1 /F2 / F12 / Delete) you could also try F8 at the acer screen and see if it brings up a boot device selector menu if its detecting your hard drive then plz reply and let us know and we can help you more from there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-one-not-loading-booting.1047982/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an Acer 1640z
I can't boot from the CD ROM
I've checked the BIOS - the first device it should boot to should be the CD Drive
But it just doesn't want to know
I've tried several different discs now - nothing works

Is there a special key to press?
I've tried F8, nothing
F2: takes me to BIOS
Anything else?

What could be the problem?
I want to install Ubuntu to try out - if I don't get anywhere, is there any other way I can install withouth booting from a CD?

Thanks
OM

A:Trouble booting from CD on Acer laptop

There are two methods. The first is a virtual machine, which will let you test in a virtual environment whilst within Windows, but performance is not representative as you only use virtualised hardware. Fortunately, there's a way of installing Ubuntu on your hard drive from within Windows: Wubi.

http://wubi-installer.org/

Give that a try.

The best thing about it is that if you find you don't like Ubuntu and want to remove it, all you do is go to Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features and uninstall it through there. Have fun!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trouble-booting-from-cd-on-acer-laptop.874763/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello folks I want to dual boot my windows vista machine with XP iT IS AN ACER LAPTOP and I need XP to install a program that does not run on vista I have already downloaded xp from the internet and currently it resides on the hard drive of the same machine My hard disk is already paritioned for dual booting I now need to burn XP to an emppty cd dvd so i can boot my Dual ACER with xp on booting vista laptop from it I understand that I need to configure my BIOS so I can be able to boot from cd dvd What is the exact procedure of doing this Meanwhile I have also downloaded a program called Pro Engineer wildfire and have tried installing it not necessarily on XP I immediately get a message saying quot parameter is incorrect quot after double clicking on the executable file for installation What is the cause and how can I remedy it I have already tried lessening directory strcture by relocating the program to a folder in my desktop I understand i installing kernel can help how does it work thanks

A:Dual booting vista with xp on ACER

Hello,

Where did you download Windows XP from. You won't get any help on this forum using

pirated software. It is against forum rules. Please see the rules.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dual-booting-vista-with-xp-on-acer-361193.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Got a acer travelmate 4670, I used it for 3 hours and came back after an hour to turn it on and its now freezed on the main acer screen and when I press F2 to enter bios setup it displays "please wait" and freezes there and nothing more happens. I tried refreshing ram and hd by removing and fitting it back but nothing still the same, I believe its a hardware fault. I'm using XP home edition. Is there a way that I can get it back to normal again??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-travelnate-4670-not-booting-up.1070749/
Relevancy 47.3%

Apologies if this is the wrong section.

Basically, my sister's (rather new) Acer laptop has been having some problems... When Windows had loaded, it said there has been an error and it had to restart. It couldn't be booted in safe mode either. I tried the restore option which said it would wipe everything and reinstall Windows, but now when I try to load it up I get an error saying "Windows has failed to install" and it restarts to try again. None of the options are working (safe mode, debugging, etc.)

Oh, and there are no sort of installation CD's. Just 2 that had to be made when it was first used, "Recovery" disc 1 & 2. They couldn't be loaded ofc.

Is there anything at all I can do?
Willing to provide more information if necessary
Thank you.

A:Acer Laptop Not Booting Properly.

Hello, when the computer fails to load does a blue screen pop up?

Looks like this:
Code:
http://i47.tinypic.com/2z6i939.jpg
If so there is a code under technical information, use the picture above as a guide and write it down on a piece of paper and post it back here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-laptop-not-booting-properly.888743/
Relevancy 47.3%

I found a guide on the internet explaining that by installing a linux distro i can restore my Acer Aspire (windows 7 home premium) back to default. I did it before about 4 months ago this same way and it worked fine. But now it says that the BOOT/BCD is invalid.
The only option i saw left was to download the official home premium x64 iso off the internet but my question is can I use my oem product key sticker to activate it?

I'm downloading it right now just in case it becomes a viable option...

A:Acer PQSERVICE Partiton not booting.

Have you tried pressing <Alt+F10> at boot up, to goto the Acer eRecovery Management.
Acer Support: Frequently Asked Questions list for How to use Acer eRecovery

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

You can Order Acer recovery disks from here:
https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220888-acer-pqservice-partiton-not-booting.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Everyone I have an Acer V - - laptop preloaded with Win which Acer booting (HDD Win 8.1 data intact) not Laptop has been upgraded to I have Win 8.1 Acer Laptop not booting (HDD data intact) no issues with this laptop until this occurrence I had just created a new user account and it was in the middle of setting up the profile when I seemed to have a BSOD not entirely sure as I had turned away and only caught a glimpse of screen and a countdown in form It shut off and when it restarted it remained on the Acer splash screen with no spinning dots After that point I suspected something may have happened to the HDD so I DL a USB copy of ubuntu to check that files were intact and they were So I started doing research and trying out solutions such as DL and creating a bootable USB win Install I ran all tests through that Auto repair failed after hours and chkdsk through CMD was aborted by me after hrs the ETA was something like hrs If you would like I can list what I've done but bear in mind I tried alot of different solutions I looking to go about this in a structured form Its been very frustrating but I'm patient as well I would like to extend my deepest gratitude for any help you all can provide BTW I have played around in the BIOS and switched around between UEFI and legacy to try different options In legacy I get the PXE-E Media test failure check cablePXE-M F Exiting broadcom PXE Romno bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

A:Win 8.1 Acer Laptop not booting (HDD data intact)

For some reason, I would say that your laptop hardware isn't compatible with Windows 8.1 and you may have to downgrade and restore your laptop back to Windows 8 in order to sustain normal use.

Are you able to access the Advanced Startup Menu?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593178/win-81-acer-laptop-not-booting-hdd-data-intact/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an Acer which we know the battery wasn t very good anymore It would charging/booting Solved: Acer not 5517 hold less than an hour s worth of charge so we typically would have it plugged Solved: Acer 5517 not charging/booting in when using it The past couple of Solved: Acer 5517 not charging/booting days it s been spotty about when it would actually quot charge quot when plugged in Well it finally stopped charging and while trying to figure it out the power went down to zero and won t boot anymore I tried without the battery and it does nothing I tried removing the battery and cord and held the power button for seconds as I read somewhere this quot clears out the RAM quot of any residual charge which I am not sure I believe I also uninstalled and scanned for quot Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery quot in device manager and that didn t fix it Any thoughts here on what this means Am I looking at a dead battery or charger or both I removed the battery and the laptop won t work with just the charger either the green light is lit on the charger so it s getting power I don t want to buy a new charger if you don t think that is the case Please let me know what I should try or check for It s a little difficult checking anything software related with a dead laptop Thank you nbsp

A:Solved: Acer 5517 not charging/booting

Test the charger's voltage output with a DVM if you can, it should be close to the figure written on it or maybe a little higher which is ok.

If you can't do that a new charger should be quite cheap on Ebay.
It should work without a battery connected if the charger is working properly.

If a working charger makes no difference you could take a chance and buy a new battery or take it in to a repair shop.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-5517-not-charging-booting.1053130/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Everyone I have an Acer V - - laptop preloaded with Win which has been upgraded to I have no issues with this laptop until this occurrence I had just created a new user account and it was in the middle of setting up the profile when I seemed to have a BSOD data not 8.1 Win intact) booting Acer Laptop (HDD not entirely sure as I had turned away and only caught a glimpse of screen and a countdown in form It shut off and when it restarted it remained on the Acer splash screen with no spinning dots After that point I suspected something may have happened to the HDD so I Win 8.1 Acer Laptop not booting (HDD data intact) DL a USB copy of ubuntu to check that files were intact and they were So I started doing research and trying out solutions such as DL and creating a bootable USB win Install I ran all tests through that Auto repair failed after hours and chkdsk through CMD was aborted by me after hrs the ETA was something like hrs If you would like I can list what I've done but bear in mind I tried alot of different solutions I looking to go about this in a structured form Its been very frustrating but I'm patient as well I would like to extend my deepest gratitude for any help you all can provide BTW I have played around in the BIOS and switched around between UEFI and legacy to try different options In legacy I get the PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting broadcom PXE Rom no bootable device -- insert boot disk and press any key

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/71581-win-8-1-acer-laptop-not-booting-hdd-data-intact.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I ve searched quite extensively and have not been able to find somebody with windows Acer 7 problems- Booting 5741 a situation like this Here we go computer is acer aspire with windows bit my dad send me this computer to try and fix and he hasn t been Booting windows 7 problems- Acer 5741 very helpful with how the computer got to this point All I want to do is install a fresh copy of windows I have the acer system disc as well as the acer system restore discs I turn on the computer without a disc in the drive and I get a screen that says Booting windows 7 problems- Acer 5741 PXE-E Media test failure check cable PXE-M F Exiting broadcom PXE ROM BOOTMGR is missing Press control alt delete to restart With the system disc in the drive it loads the files needed to begin an install of windows and brings me to the point of choosing one of three options restore to factory defaults restore to previous point and exit I choose factory defaults it then asks for disc one I put it in then after trying to find the disc it ejects it and says to insert disc one again I don't understand why the dvd would pick up the system disc but not the restore disc I have physically cleaned the restore disc but that didn't help Any directions would be appreciated Thanks in advanced

A:Booting windows 7 problems- Acer 5741

You don't need the disks, see Remarks By Doctor Inferno .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529983/booting-windows-7-problems-acer-5741/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello Yesterday I got a virus on an Acer Extensa laptop Said virus was turning on a fake antivirus whenever I opened a file which wanted me to pay a price for a quot cleanup quot I wasn t able to Acer Extensa 5235 booting problem turn anything on Luckily I managed to turn it off through msconfig and delete the virus files Right now however the laptop won t even turn on The Acer Extensa 5235 problem booting quot Acer quot screen goes on the flickers a few times in the upper left corner and the laptop resets I won t even get to a safe mode The notebook had minimal differences from the factory preset had Win Acer Extensa 5235 problem booting and worked until yesterday I have a OEM Win XP home CD at my disposal at the moment I have already tried Booting through BartPe and an iso image of Windows XP on an USB flashdisk To no avail I get to the BartPe layout but the BartPe file explorer shows no disks available Boot through the disk itself At first it didn t load with the error quot STOP X B xf d Xc X X quot which I was able to circumvent by transferring from a SCSI mode to IDE mode in BIOS When I installed Win XP however I had an error concerning a few uncopiable files described for example here - http forums penny-arcade com discussion cant-install-xp-from-any-disk-to-any-disk I skipped everything and the PC now resides in a quot minimal quot Win Xp preset With the former Win configuration of course absent I think I d be able to fix this if I found the MSCONFIG settings for the Windows I used before and which I mistakenly modified I probably turned off something that now blocks the system from starting Is it possible to do so through the new Windows Xp installation The former Win folder is untouched Win Xp runs from another folder Thank you very much for all help nbsp

A:Acer Extensa 5235 problem booting

I had to look up BartPE to see what it was but I think it's unlikely to save the day in your situation.

Assuming that your priority is to get Windows 7 back I'd first check that you have the Microsoft authorisation code for your copy. If it was pre-installed on the laptop there will be a hidden restore partition and you could try holding down the Alt key while tapping F10 to access it. Failing that option I'd download a Windows 7 SP1 ISO, burn it to disc, reinstall the OS and hope that there are no serious driver problems. Both options mean that everything you have installed and saved will be lost unless you have already made backups.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-extensa-5235-problem-booting.207441/
Relevancy 46.87%

As I boot up the laptop it goes to the Acer screen, then ot the Windows didnot start properly last time then to Windows XP home edition window but then back to Acer window and so on.....
Can you help ?

A:Acer Laptop Travelmate 240 booting up problem

Hello Ramesh Suri

I think you will need an XP installation CD to fix this. If you do not have one, borrow one just to run this fix.

Then
Configure your PC to boot from CD if it isn't already set up that way. You may need to enter the BIOS to configure the PC to boot from the CD.
Set the boot order to
Floppy (if present)
CDROM
Hard Disk
SAVE and EXIT

Start your PC with the XP Setup CD in the drive. When you see the "Press any key to boot from CD..." prompt, do so and let the CD-based boot process begin.

When the Recovery Console option is offered ("Press R to start the Recovery Console"), do so. You may be asked which Windows installation to enter, in which case type the number of the Windows installation you wish to work on (usually "1").

When prompted, enter the Administrator's password for that Windows installation. If you did not set a password just press ENTER

At the command prompt, type
Bootcfg /Rebuild
ENTER

The exact wording will depend on your setup, but after a few moments you'll see a prompt that says something like:
Total Identified Windows Installs: 1
[1] C:\Windows
Add Installation To Boot List?

Assuming the information you see is correct, enter
Y
Bootcfg will start the process of rebuilding the boot list to include the indicated Windows installation

After a moment, you'll be asked to "Enter Load Identifier."
This is the name of the operating system that will appear in boot menus.
Type
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
or
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
(whichever your system is)
ENTER
Next you'll be asked to "Enter OS Load Options."
For normal installations, enter
/Fastdetect
ENTER

Type
Exit
to leave the Recovery Console and reboot the PC

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-laptop-travelmate-240-booting-up-problem-473425.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I have an acer aspire m5630. Recently the monitor was black as if in sleep mode, only the PC won't wake up! After unplugging and holding power button for 30 seconds (per acer website) and starting up, nothing happens. The power comes on, the fan comes on and the activity light will flash for a few seconds and then it goes to sleep with only the power light on. I never even get a start up screen. What do I do now??

Thanks

A:Acer Aspire m5630 booting problems help!

Make sure that there's nothing plugged into the computer other than:
Power cable
Mouse
Keyboard
Video cable
Network cable (if using)

Then, If you can't get anything on the video, try another video card.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-m5630-booting-problems-help-454125.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I've replaced my Hdd for a larger Capacity as the old unit died.

When trying to boot and install Vista from my DVD. It does not run to install, yet if I put the DVD into my PC it will auto-run and try to install.

The boot order is Hdd, DVD, USB etc, etc.

Why will it not boot on the Acer yet it will on my PC.

Tried an XP DVD yet that will try to install on my Acer.

any clues as what I can do to make it boot or Re-burn a DVD with some mods.

thanks

A:Acer aspire 7520 Vista Gemstone- Booting

exceller said:

The boot order is Hdd, DVD, USB etc, Click to expand...

cd/dvd drive needs to be 1st

good luck

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-7520-vista-gemstone-booting.886662/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,Iam having an Acer Travelmate 5744z Laptop and it has Windows 7 installed.Yesterday i forgot to shutdown the laptop while i am going to sleep, and today morning when i turned it on it started to reume windows, then i've accidently pressed the power button and it just turned off. So i pressed the power button again and tried to turn on the system, but it showed something like "delete restoration data and proceed" so i've clicked on that, boom my laptop fell into bootloop.Current condition : Acer menu comes when pressing power button No BIOS options aka F2 Menu showing up, then a dash (-) comes on a black screen and then goes back to acer screen.If anyone knows fix please help me.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Travelmate 5744z Not booting, No Bios Option

If you put a install disk or system repair disk in the CD/DVD and start, there's a good chance it will boot from the disk. No need to go into Bios.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-Travelmate-5744z-Not-booting-No-Bios-Option/td-p/388429
Relevancy 46.44%

My Acer aspire 5552 notebook shut itself down without warning and now it won't boot up. I am getting a blue power light and for a few secs the fan runs then seems to run very slow and I hear the CD drive trying to start but then it stops and I just have a black screen. I've been searching the internet the last few days for a solution but not found one yet . Here's what I have tried .....

* I removed battery and power cord and pressed power button for 30secs.

* I pressed Fn & ESC added power cord then pressed power button. The fan ran faster but still nothing only black screen.

* I've tried updating bios but won't even read the USB stick.

* Tried HDMI cable with TV still nothing.

* tested CMOS battery that's OK.

Are there any other suggestions please or is it unfixable

Many thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

So I have a acer aspire 7520 laptop running Windows 7 2 gigs RAM 160 gig hard drive any way I boot it up all the lights come on fan comes on but screen stays black about 4 or 5 seconds in it shuts off and does it again and just keeps repeating this untill I turn it off.
I have researched this and tried everything I have read and nothing works.

A:Acer laptop starts booting then stops and turns off

Have you tried clearing CMOS?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-starts-booting-then-stops-and-turns-off.148187/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am working on a PC for a Client. She intially gave it to me and i was geting some window errors, could not even boot in safe mode, Pulled hard drive. I can access from another PC. I can not get to the desktop or all, I get to the windows 7 screen and it starts to freeze up. She did not have the erecovery option as a partionon as an option, SO she said to order the discs. I ordered the discs and put the first one in, and it gets to ACER E Recovery Managment and stays there for about 2 hours nothing changes.

Im at a lost on what to do now. SHould I format the hdd and then run the recovery discs? Any help is appriciated.

A:ACER 5251 Not booting off of recoery Disc- WIN.SYS error

Update, I got it to a screen that says choose your restore type full restore, restore operating system and exit, ONLY EXIT IS ALLOWED TO BE CHOOSED????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-5251-not-booting-off-of-recoery-disc-win-sys-error-625330.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, My Acer Aspire "AX3475 EF328" having troubles booting ( Is this the right model number) Right now, the computer is running fine. However after a few days/weeks it will need a full restart do to some problem (Internet not working usually, sometimes just running slow) So if I restart it or turn it off, It has a tough time booting up:1. Acer will beep one time and won't load past acer screen. or 2. Acer will beep two times and not load past acer screen. I usually unplug everything and plug everything back in a few times and sometimes it boots, or leave it unplugged/off for a few days. I don't understand the problem,I am using it right now is there a way to check while I have access?What is causing this problem? Thank you. 

A:Acer Aspire "AX3475 EF328" having troubles booting

Hello, Sorry for the delay! 2. Acer will beep two times and not load past acer screen.Two short beeps: CMOS damaged.CMOS checksum error or CMOS battery loss occurs. As you wrote: No, but I checked the voltage of the battery and it seems fine.First I would replace the CMOS battery (certainly CR2032).

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-quot-AX3475-EF328-quot-having-troubles-booting/td-p/433933
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,

I have a windows XP (No Discs) Acer laptop which when booting - comes up with the Acer logo and then start windows in Safe mode, normally etc

any selection , brings up the Windows XP log and then a couple of bars on the progress bar
then re-starts with acer logo and starts all over again

Any suggestions

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,Iam having an Acer Travelmate 5744z Laptop and it has Windows 7 installed.Yesterday i forgot to shutdown the laptop while i am going to sleep, and today morning when i turned it on it started to reume windows, then i've accidently pressed the power button and it just turned off. So i pressed the power button again and tried to turn on the system, but it showed something like "delete restoration data and proceed" so i've clicked on that, boom my laptop fell into bootloop.Current condition : Acer menu comes when pressing power button No BIOS options aka F2 Menu showing up, then a dash (-) comes on a black screen and then goes back to acer screen.If anyone knows fix please help me.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Acer Travelmate 5744z Not booting, No Bios Option

If you put a install disk or system repair disk in the CD/DVD and start, there's a good chance it will boot from the disk. No need to go into Bios.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Acer-Travelmate-5744z-Not-booting-No-Bios-Option/td-p/388429/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.44%

Heyas all

Been a while since i last posted here, but still the first place i come for answers
Hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction.

My laptop (Acer Aspire 3054 Wxmi) decided to go belly up on me today. At first i thought it was the HDD, but even with a different drive in it still has the same problem. It picks up the drive in the bios, i've tried different ram, taken out the battery, and done everything else i could think of. No dice though, it refuses to boot. The only thing i noticed is that the HDD light keeps blinking, but it's not going anywhere. I'm assuming this is an error light, but i can't find anywhere to tell me what it means.

Hopefully someone with a little more experience could shed some light on my problem.

Thanks in advance
BW

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-3054-error-lights-not-booting.662653/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, My Acer Aspire "AX3475 EF328" having troubles booting ( Is this the right model number) Right now, the computer is running fine. However after a few days/weeks it will need a full restart do to some problem (Internet not working usually, sometimes just running slow) So if I restart it or turn it off, It has a tough time booting up:1. Acer will beep one time and won't load past acer screen. or 2. Acer will beep two times and not load past acer screen. I usually unplug everything and plug everything back in a few times and sometimes it boots, or leave it unplugged/off for a few days. I don't understand the problem,I am using it right now is there a way to check while I have access?What is causing this problem? Thank you. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-quot-AX3475-EF328-quot-having-troubles-booting/td-p/433933/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all good day!
I have problem with my Acer G1610 Intel Celeron 2.60Ghz, i'm trying to do a fresh install of windows 7 new hardisk but i can't get it to boot properly from flash drive. Even i try get hardisk from other computer it says not detected. I hope anybody can help me Thanks and best regards..Leoski

A:My Acer G1610 Intel Celeron 2.60Ghz not booting new hardisk and USB

Did you check the bios if any storage devices are detected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/398606-my-acer-g1610-intel-celeron-2-60ghz-not-booting-new-hardisk-usb.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hay guys I am having trouble with installing vista business onto my laptop it's a custom build acer extensa I will list all it's hardware and original hardware below but it installs fine then when it restarts are 'completing installation' from the disk it gets to the green loading bars and freezes every time I have tried reinstalling vista times start up repair and nothing is working tried safe mode and come up with 'can't complete installation though safe mode please restart' and am at the end of my tearher with this laptop These are its specs Make acer Series extensa Model jz with reinstallation problems Vista attempts my booting after numerous acer CPU Intel core duo ghz duel core t original Intel Celeron ghz single core Vista booting problems with my acer after numerous reinstallation attempts GPU Intel's series ECF with mb ded video mem Ram x samsung gb DDR and x samsung gb DDR gb total original x samsung gb DDR HDD toahiba mk gsx Serial ATA at gb original gb WD Scorpio Blue Please note that with windows this laptop runs smooth and fine with no problems with this setup but with vista it just hangs at the green bars and stays there Any help would be apricitive thanks guys

A:Vista booting problems with my acer after numerous reinstallation attempts

Hi TodderzZz, and welcome to Bleeping Computer.

I would suggest wiping the hdd to remove the Windows 7 installation, then install the Vista Business.  Windows doesn't like to have an older operating system installed over a newer one.

To wipe the hdd you can use a program like Darik's Boot and Nuke.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523973/vista-booting-problems-with-my-acer-after-numerous-reinstallation-attempts/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi

I have an Acer Travelmate 6492 laptop.

I tried to recover my original system, for that I went to eRecovery and choose the option to restore the laptop to the factory settings.

After that it restarted and from there I'm not able to boot.

I have my recovery DVD's. I have already tried to boot with them. Everything goes fine, it installs the system and everything. But when it restarts it just doesn't boot. After the screen that shows the CPU information, etc. I just receive a blank screen nothing else.

I have tried also booting with Ubuntu. Did some lilo stuff to repair the MBR. I have tried booting with Win7 also and tried to repair the MBR but nothing seems to work.

I hope there is someone there who can help me!

Irshad

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi all Hope somebody can help here I m having serious issues with Acer and a laptop that my friend bought It s one of their top of the range gaming Issues and Issues Solved: HDD Acer laptops blah blah blah but it is quie frankly a piece of sh t The power supply plug has failed so far resulting in a new laptop being provided Blu-Ray has failed and now it would appear the HD has failed I was trying to fix the laptop last night and I can access the BIOS Setup that is extremely limited and useless to me and I can access a boot menu again not that much help When I try to boot from the HDD I just get a blank screen with a flashing cursor at the top left I can t even Solved: Acer Issues and HDD Issues access or get offered the option to access a recovery partition I don t even know if one existed I reckon the HDD has fallen over Can anybody give me their opinions on whether they think I m correct And also has anybody had similair issues with Acer and more importantly does anybody have a complaints address cause I m gonna go radge at them Ta Peaker nbsp

A:Solved: Acer Issues and HDD Issues

It sounds like hard drive....

However have you tried the following?....
1 Try and restore Acer to factory settings (start pc and ALT=F10). If hard drive hasn't melted this will access recovery partition.
2. Look for diagnostics within BIOS to see if you can check HDD
3. Are you able to boot via USB/External Drive, where you can run a chkdsk?

If all else fails and it's still in warranty....get them to look at it.
Acer Address is on website

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-issues-and-hdd-issues.945309/
Relevancy 45.15%

hiMy acer Aspire V5-471P-laptop with window 8.1(upgraded from-8) was working well till y.day. Suddenly when I started it It started -Acer logo came up then after sometime It gave message Window is repairing and then came black screen showing cursor. I waited for whole night but nothing happened same black screen.I tried with BIOS made it to reset all changes,, my F 12 is prompting how to start window, but what to do I don't know.I tried safe mode but again it gives message that window is repairing and black screen.Please help me

A:Acer Aspire V5-471P-lapWith window8.1not booting BlackScreen

How to use a Lazesoft Windows Recovery CD or USB device to fix the boot problems if your Windows operating system does not start correctlyhttp://www.lazesoft.com/fix-boot-pr..."It is very common for PC users to be faced with a Windows crash. When this happens, the dreaded 'Blue Screen of Death' pops up, or your PC has a black screen and can not boot or start up"Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Editionhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/System...http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-re...Tutorialshttp://www.lazesoft.com/guide.htmlScreenshot ( SS )http://i.imgur.com/4HXqQKS.jpgHow to Boot a Computer from a Lazesoft Recovery USB Devicehttp://www.lazesoft.com/create-a-bo...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-v5471plapwith-window81not-booting-blackscreen/1894.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok my PC as I press the button reads CD rom, HD, floppy etc. But I hear no beep. There fore no BIOS oor moniotor read. What is my problem? I took it apart and cleaned some dust andnow im on it..but the true test will see if it;; go back on. thanks

Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys first time poster here So I hope Issues Booting this question is in the right section of the boards if not I apologise in advance My Issue concerns the booting Booting Issues of my PC When attempting Booting Issues to turn my PC on I do not get any electrical response what so ever No lights sound or anything at all even though its all plugged in correctly I am guessing that it may be a power supply connection issue but honestly have no idea how to diagnose what could be wrong with it The computer worked fine for months on end and this happened all of a sudden about a year ago I have other PC's in which I tried there power supplies but still no avail I've been told that it could be any number of things such as the CPU has died or even the mobo has had it My question is could anyone please tell me anything I could do to test which parts may no longer be servicable so that I dont have to go out and replace the whole thing Any help much appreciated

A:Booting Issues

Not quite sure if I read your post correctly. Did you try another PSU? Do the fans (CPU and/or case) start up? Have you definitely got mains power (try another wall socket)?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-344106.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello, I bought a new computer about a month ago and it's been working great. This morning I turned my computer on and the lights flash, and fans start moving, but the computer doesn't go through the normal boot process. I get 0 visual on screens as the computer doesn't even make it to the initial check. Just out of curiosity I unplugged the hard drive, and nothing different happens. Does anyone have any idea what can be causing this? The mother board I have has an on board bios reset button, and I tried pushing it but it didn't help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Eldoret said:

Hello, I bought a new computer about a month agoClick to expand...

Hmm. It might be best to return it under warranty, as it has a HardWare issue.

But just in case:

Pull out the back power cord
Hold the ON button in for 30 secs (dispersing all internal voltage)
Put the power cord back in securely
Turn on

Still the same?
Return under warranty

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-issues.107662/
Relevancy 43.86%

So yesterday I decided to try out Windows Vista Ultimate bit since I will be getting an additional GB of RAM to add to my current GB of RAM I use RAM heavy programs such as After Effects etc So thinking it would be simple and easy I installed Vista onto an empty SATA HDD I didn't want to risk my bit Vista tbh and it ran fine then graphical errors started happening crashes happening I reinstalled again was fine then the crashes again Now I cannot even boot into Vista my screen flashes all I Booting Issues see is the cursor on a black background Thats it Booting Issues it doesn't stop until I turn off my computer I would post boot logs or something that might help but I can't even log in I'm thinking maybe its my graphics card Should I perhaps slipstream SP into Vista using vLite Also just so you know this is a completely legit Booting Issues version of Vista bought from Microsoft's online distributor So its not altered or cracked or modified in anyway I just don't want to slipstream SP and waste another DVD for it to not work Specs Mobo Asrock ALiveXFire-eSATA Socket AM PCI-Express DDR CPU AMD Athlon X Dual Core Black Edition GHz Socket AM RAM OCZ GB x GB PC - C Dual Channel Vista Gold Series DDR Booting Issues GPU Sapphire's Radeon X HDD's IDE GB SATA GB SATA GB GB is the HDD I used to install bit on SOUND Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE

Boot into safe mode. Check the device manager for problems. Install latest video drivers. Install the proper chipset drivers for your motherboard and OS.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/159345-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Not sure if this is the right thread but here goes:
Im having a strange issue where Im trying to boot off 2 particular cd's.
The first is Hirens Boot CD, tried Ver 9.5 and 9.6, it gets to Hirens menu asking where to boot from, then flashing cursor and nothing.
The 2nd is Norton Ghost 2003, starts up fine, asks which drivers to load, choose CD-Rom, says cannot start CD drivers, no device present, yet its booting off the thing.
Mobo is Asus P5Q3 Deluxe.

Any ideas would be most appreciated, need to get my system backed up before i reload, and want it done urgently, thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/201161-issues-booting-off-certain-cds-dvds.html
Relevancy 43.86%

My home computer was out of commission for quite some time since April in fact booting up Issues I bought a new PSU Watt and new -pin motherboard that supports the CPU I chose It supports my Q and RAM modules and everything is plugged in correctly However when I boot up my system lights flash on and the fans all spin for half a second and then everything stops Any further attempts to power on the system doesn t even cause Issues booting up the lights or fans to power on for a split second which I assume is my motherboard or PSU preventing me from frying my system by cutting off power entirely I read about Issues booting up this feature somewhere in one of the manuals for the PSU or mobo My computer does not make any beeps of any form Essentially I am unable to get to POST I have tried several other power supplies and none of them work I was told by a teacher a few years ago that some computer parts deteriorate over time if they re not used and I m wondering if this is just a wives tale of the PC world or if it s legitimate Do you guys think it s the RAM or CPU that s not working I have tried other motherboards as well so I don t think the PSU or mobo are defective nbsp

A:Issues booting up

Could possibly be a dead CMOS battery- unlikely if the board is new.
Next I would try to clear CMOS:

clear cmos

Remove power from the system.
Hit the power button to discharge the capacitors.
Move the CCMOS jumper to the clear position- or reset with CMOS button if the board has one
Remove the battery from the motherboard.
Do something else for an hour.
Replace the battery.
Place the jumper back in the normal position.
Restore power and boot up immediately into BIOS.
Select "Load Optimized Defaults" and set the recommended voltage for your RAM
Save & exit.

It could also be a short. You can eliminate this by assembling the basics of the system out of the case (on top of the motherboards anti-static bag and box):
Make sure you are doing the antistatic protection thing.
I usually keep the PSU plugged in at the wall but turned off so that the PSU is grounding the chassis-touching any unpainted surface occasionally will discharge any anti-static buildup.
Ideally the PSU should be checked first-you need a voltmeter for that though- you can effect a quick check if the PSU seems faulty
Disassemble the system -remove power connectors, cards, cables
Remove the motherboard from the chassis and check that you have no "extra" motherboard standoffs connecting the back of the mobo
Visual check of board for burnt/severed traces, blown capacitors, and whether the cooler is definitely seated correctly. If all good the remove the cooler and cpu
Check socket for bent or broken pins-if you check from all angles any bent/broken pins should be apparent. If you have keen eyesight then check the gold contact pads on the underside of the CPU- they should have slight indentations/scuffs from making contact with the socket pins. All good then...
Reassemble outside of chassis with bare essentials for POST
-CPU
-Cooler
-Graphics
-1 stick RAM
-keyboard (pref PS/2 esp. for older boards)
-connect GPU to monitor
Power up. If no POST then recheck with remaining RAM
Retest with remaining RAM sticks.

This is a basic guide for preliminary troubleshooting.

Your next post should ideally include your motherboard and RAM manufacturers and models, unless your next post is entited "thanks guys, I'm up and running"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/issues-booting-up.142456/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I've been dual booting two hard drives (1 Vista and 1 XP) for a while now and I decided I wanted to take the XP drive and use it for an extra PC I had lying around. So I formatted the XP drive and hooked it up to my other PC. I changed the BIOS to boot from CD, but the problem is that when it asks me to press any key to continue, it gives me about 5 seconds in which any key I press produces no results, and then tells me "BOOTMGR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete" to continue. I've tried multiple SATA slots/cables. I've tried multiple USB keyboards/USB slots. I don't believe it's anything wrong with the HD because it works in the PC just fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:Booting from CD issues

Enter your BIOS, and search for a setting that says something like enable USB support or enable legacy USB etc. Set it to enabled and try again.

If this doesnt work, try a PS/2 keyboard.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-from-cd-issues-415690.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there, I'm experiencing a strange booting issue, and I was hoping someone here might be able to help me out. When I first boot up, the computer will go as far as loading the wallpaper, but that's it. I don't have a cursor, and I don't seem to have any other functionality. Ctrl-Alt-Delete leaves me with a black screen. If I do a hard reset, the option comes to boot into Safe Mode or continue to boot Windows normally. If I choose to load it normally, it boots fine, but if I restart or turn off the computer, it does the same thing again. I thought this might be software-related, so I re-imaged my machine, but this quirk continues. Anybody have any ideas?

Hi James Penner and Welcome.
Can you run the tool detailed here:Windows 7 - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.I know it says BSOD but it collects other info as well with which folks will maybe able to help you.
I'd also consider running Memtest86+:
Run Memtest86+ overnight, after your computer has been off for about an hour or two so it has a cold start. Let it run for at least 7 passes / 6-8 hours. If errors appear before that you can stop that particular test.
Note!! Any time Memtest86+ reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad Mobo slot. Test RAM sticks individually. When you find a good one then test it in all slots. Post back with the results.RAM - How to Test with Memtest86+Guide to using Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144502-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I got myself vista64 and have noticed the boot up process is extremely slow, it takes 3-5 mins to boot itself up to Windows. Is this normal? I read somewhere that it's going to be like this for a while until Vista learns the boot process?

I just some how stumbled onto this site and thought I'll ask and sincerely apologies if this has been asked.

What I have noticed is that once my G11 keyboard lights up, it starts to load windows up.

Thanks for the help.

A:Booting up issues

Hello Xiled, welcome to Vista forums!

I believe some have had problems with Vista recognizing G11s.
I'm sure others with experience with them will help if I'm correct about that.
It will speed up as "SuperFetch" learns what to load at startup in anticipation of your needs.

You may also want to have a look at the tutorials at the links below.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/13...boot-time.html

Speed Up the Performance of Vista

Keep us informed!

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/176920-booting-up-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Was having problems booting this machine, so I repartitioned,formatted,and installed XP from scratch. Got through all that smoothly. Still having the same booting problems though. It locks up just after the system screen and I don't even get to the Windows start-up where you can see the progress bar of Windows loading. My hard drive light is on solid when it is locked up. If I use F8 and boot in Safe Mode, I eventually get it to boot after many attempts. Then, I can restart and it will boot normally. If I shut down and try to boot later, it is back to the point where it locks up, eventually will boot in Safe Mode, and will restart normal from there. Any ideas?

A:XP Pro booting issues

This sounds like a hardware problem if a fresh install didn't fix it, perhaps the hard drive is going bad? I would use a hard drive health monitor to check it out, like Sandra. See what comes back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-pro-booting-issues-519188.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey I had a regular 1tb harddrive and then I got a SSD, added it in and installed windows 7 to 10 on it, kept the stuff on the other harddrive because im still using some things that were on it, now when i boot up it says cannot find operating system and i have to use F11 and choose to use windows 10 from volume/disk 1 and whatnot to boot into windows 10, i'm pretty sure i installed it onto the ssd does anyone know how i can fix booting up because currently i have to use that work-around to even get on my computer. Not sure why it cant just boot from the SSD when i choose it from the selection or why it cant just find it automatically

A:booting issues

The easiest way is to remove all but the SSD, then install Windows to it.
Then, if you want to use the other hard drive, just make sure that the BIOS/UEFI isn't set to boot from it (you can also mangle the boot files so that it doesn't boot, but it's easier just to remove it from the boot list).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588515/booting-issues/
Relevancy 43.86%

I'm having trouble booting into Windows XP. The computer starts up, and when it starts loading Windows all I get is a blank screen. I tried booting in safemode. I tried restoring the system, no luck.

I have a project on there for school, and bad things will happen to me if I can't get it.

Thanks for the help.

A:Booting issues

Some hardware details would help.

You may need to pull the hard drive and slave it to another PC to get the data off, as an example. But the best way would only be known if we knew more about the syste, such as is it a desktop or a laptop...?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-issues.530413/
Relevancy 43.86%

I just bought a copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and upgrading from Vista Home Premium 32 bit. I was able to complete the install on my laptop without issue but when I did the desktop, it completed the install but when it starts up it only shows a black screen and cursor? Really need some help.

A:Booting issues?

Hi Kamui, welcome to the forums
I suspect it is because you are using the TV as a monitor. You might have to install updated drivers for your card. Do you have a monitor you could hook up to it to check if it is working that way and install what needed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/36227-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i just bought a new compaq mini desktop and installed microsofts memory mouse which is a combo mouse and storage device when i restarted my computer i got an error to remove all media and devices and to press any key i had another usb issues with usb booting attached at the time and removed that first thinking it could not be the mouse but booting with usb issues the same error popped up so i removed the mouse usb connector and presto all is well i am quite familiar with the ability to change boot options and auto play functions but seeing as though i am in costa rica and windows is in spanish i dont want to take any chances is there a way to change bios bootup so my usb for the booting with usb issues mouse can always be attached to the port in kind of the same area the computer only came with xp home edition welcome to the third world anyway previously i have been able to go into regedit and change autorun options but this version does not seem to follow the same format as the xp professional i booting with usb issues have on my laptop is anyone familiar with either of these two issues booting up with memory mouse usb in the port and xp home edition stopping autoplay features as for the mouse issue my computer at home has no problem restarting with the mouse attached so i think it has something to do with how this computer was setup and shipped as always thanks for any help you send my way nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-with-usb-issues.870261/
Relevancy 43.86%

Alright so I made a windows 7 bootable dvd and inserted it into the laptop and tried to boot it and I received the error ' CD/DVD HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT30N is failed'. What exactly is the problem?

Quote: Originally Posted by darkownage

Alright so I made a windows 7 bootable dvd and inserted it into the laptop and tried to boot it and I received the error ' CD/DVD HL-DT-STDVDRAM GT30N is failed'. What exactly is the problem?

Did you perhaps make a mistake making the bootable dvd? Also i recommend you use a 4 gb empty usb and rufus to create a windows 7 usb as its faster and you dont make mistakes through it. Can you tell me how you made the bootable dvd.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344411-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi I have a Lenovo IBM Thinkpad R i with Win XP professional initially I started a thread a while ago indicating booting up issues with my computer I have tried some fixes in the meanwhile as advised by someone but the problems persist I had some bot attacks on my computer userini and wpv and possibly others I tried to manually remove some of the infection and I believe I was somewhat succesful because the userini exe ADS ceased to appear But the computer still kept crashing and now does not boot up even is safe command prompt mode generally I tried installing Windows and in the process formatted my system drive left my data drive as it was During the installation the computer restarted once and the second time it tried the thing got stuck The screen shows the windows starting sign and freezes there Some one recommended me to get Parted Magic and remove the partition and retry the installation I then removed the partition erased the disk entirely and then retried the installation This time the installation got past reboots issues Booting and was almost finished when probably the last reboot failed same thing as always Please do Booting issues advise if this could have been a BIOS issue I have never updated my BIOS in the year and a half that I had my laptop for After this the parted magic CD also failed to start up even in its failsafe mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-501329.html
Relevancy 43.86%

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if this issue has been discussed a thousand times.

Though after searching, every thing I found the pc is progressing further than what mine is.

For some odd reason, my pc has suddenly been rebooting non stop. If I turn the power off and let it sit for a while, it will load BIOS, then the screen will go black then display a message stating "error loading OS" though if I hit the reset button it will reboot on stop. With out progressing far enough to launch Windows. I tore my place up looking for my windows install disc with no luck.

Is there some way to correct this issue with out a windows install disc, or do I need to break down and purchase another OS?

Relevancy 43.86%

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567388/cannot-boot-into-windows-i-keep-getting-reboot-and-select-proper-boot-device/ - Hamluis.

Hello!

I have a similar issue to the above and am looking for an answer.  I have Win 7 Pro on a Lenovo B590 w/ a 500 Gb HD.  I've been running a WD Terabyte external drive for back-up and recently added a WD 4 Terabyte USB 3.0 drive for additional storage.  When the second WD drive is connected, my laptop won't boot normally; it wants the 4 Tb drive to boot first.  I checked the boot sequence and my C: drive shows as Drive 0, which should boot first.

Any ideas how I can get the C: drive to boot first when the 4Tb WD is connected?

Thank You!

Irishmoll

Have you looked in your bios settings? The C disk should be selected as your main boot device....

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567762/booting-issues/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have windows XP installed onto my desktop. Recently, it has stopped working properly. When i try to boot it after selecting the Safe Mode option, it tries to execute it for a while, but restarts again. Same is the case when i select any of the options for booting(safe mode+networking, safe mode+cmd prompt, start windows normally), it restarts and loops back to the same selection screen. It doesnt even show the windows XP window loading screen, restarts before it reaches there. Any suggestions what could be a solution to this problem? I've already tried re-installing windows XP(without formatting), but to no avail. Should i go ahead with formatting the hard drive and then installing the OS? Or could there be any other solution to this problem?

Relevancy 43.86%

All righty then First time on Tech Support Guy continuing my thread on PCWorld In the past few days I ve received and built my new rig for mid-range gaming However I ve been getting two particular errors the inability to receive visuals and the lack of any beeping whatsoever I ve tried resetting my CMOS and switched out everything from my new card to my RAM I ve whittled it down to either my Motherboard my CPU or my inability to connect everything properly I ve rebuilt tested only the essentials and gone through every manual at least sixteen times Here are my new specs Graphics SAPPHIRE Radeon HD mb PCIe x Motherboard MSI -G AM Compatible DDR Support ATX build CPU AMD Phenom II Dual Core processor AM Socket CPU Cooling Cooler Master Hyper Plus AM Compatible HDD quot Samsung RPM Bare Drive RAM stick of Corsair Gaming GB DDR Power Supply Recycled Watt recycled from my old build so unsure of specific specs I m just wondering if there s anything I can try before I have to leave them somewhere Issues Booting for testing I welcome any suggestions Thank you for your time nbsp

Hmm. It could be a power problem. If the power supply doesn't have enough watts or not enough amps on the 12v rail for the graphic card.
Does anything comes up when you turn the computer on or does it stay blank?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/booting-issues.970655/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey Guys I've recently reformatted my computer and purchased some new hardware components Had everything working nicely for about a week until I noticed one of my personal files had been corrupted Went to delete but it wouldn't allow me to Booting Issues delete - so tried to boot into safe mode with networking F Got error message Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG Booting Issues SYSTEM I had Windows running on my E which is my new HDD My old HDD was reformatted and just acting for data storage C I've tried putting in the Windows XP disk I used to install it last week and it Booting Issues was unable to repair due to The system registry does not appear to have an active control set key the system registry may be damaged I've run chkdsk r scans and that wasn't able to resolve the issue I've seen advice which recommended choosing install from the boot disc and then having that repair - but there was no repair option after agreeing to the licence Currently I've got Windows XP fresh install with none of my usual drivers on my C and was wondering if I can just copy the WINDOWS SYSTEM CONFIG SYSTEM from C to E I can access my E now and see all the files folders but I can't boot into Windows on it Is it possible to do this and will there be any issues Or do you have any other suggestions

boot into the recovery console and run
fixboot

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-305960.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Since February I've had issues with booting up my computer It is a Dell Inspiron I am receiving the Blue Screen of Death constantly with a x b error quite often Through playing around with what came up with hitting the F command upon restarting my computer I was able to boot up successfully but I'm certain I have Issues Booting a bad virus My original intentions upon booting up were to back Booting Issues all of my important files up to an external hard drive but I cannot When I plugged in the hard drive and installed the software it began opening itself over and over again to the point at which over applications were open It didn't stop until Booting Issues I removed the hard drive Also my computer is not recognizing compact disks In my best efforts to find out if there is anything whatsoever that could be done I ran a HijackThis scan Here were the results Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXE C WINDOWS System bcmwltry exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Canon IJPLM IJPLMSVC EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Norton Engine ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS OEM Mon exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe C WINDOWS system WLTRAY exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Optimum Online Netsurf exe C Program Files Canon MyPrinter BJMyPrt exe C Program Files Canon Canon IJ Network Scan Utility CNMNSUT EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files AIM aim exe C Program Files Linksys EasyLink Advisor LinksysAgent exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Maxtor Sync SyncServices exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO no name - e a-e - fcd- e a- db fe e - no file O - BHO no name - e af d- f- d - -df c bb - no file O - BHO no name - FCDB- - FB- FB -EC A F A - no file O - BHO c - d - b-c - ae f bd - db f- ea - c-b - d c -... Read more

Hello Ragumshnagum

Yes, I think you may have some uninvited guests there

I am sorry but we cannot help you with malware removal in this forum.
Please read ?Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help ? and follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information in the Virus Help Forum
If you cannot complete any step, just miss it out and do what you can, but be sure to include this information in your post.
Please ensure that you create a new thread in the Virus Help Forum; not back here in this one.

Please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-472947.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I was Booting Issues on my laptop An Acer Aspire a few Booting Issues days ago I was running Google Chrome Itunes which was downloading a software update for my ipod and I had just downloaded and installed windows Live Another update was in the middle of installing but I am not sure if it finished or not My laptop over heated and after waiting for it to cool down I tried to reboot It would not start to my surprise It got up to the load screen with the scrolling green bar then a black screen showing my mouse pointer appeares and then it goes black A couple seconds later it goes to a screen informing me that Windows failed to start properly and suggests that I do a Booting Issues system repair on it System repair runs and it finds a problem It tells me to run a system Restore which I have several restore points for I have tried them all going back to october th The latest one I have is a system checkpoint and the earliest is for the morning of the problem which installed an update Since System Restore did not work I went and tried to boot into Safe mode none of the options for safe mode worked I then tried to go back to the last Known Good configuration which also didnt work It just kept bringing me back to the system repair screen I clicked on the information and diagnostics and about near the bottom it says that Windows failed to load due to a bad patch I contacted microsoft tech and they sent me an email thinking it was an issue where it gets stuck on a update loop It is not It does not get past the black screen with the scroll bar at the bottom I have a restore disk and tried booting from that It takes me to system repair and still known of those options work I can get intoComman prompt and see that all of my files are still there Is there any way to fix this Tech told me to try to rename pending xml but windows could not find that file Is there a way to find the failed update via command prompt or notepad and remove it Help

I need to give your problem thought, before giving an answer. If you did overheat, there may be major hardware problems.
Until your computer is up and running, please be aware that there are major known issues with ITunes and Vista. Many articles have been published. If you insist on using ITunes be sure that you have the most up to date version.
BSOD, being the most serious
http://gizmodo.com/5047721/itunes-8-...or-vista-users

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284341-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.86%

months ago I purschased a new system the specs are to as follows Amd ghz Xfx Gefore gt Asus Crosshair Mobo gb Corsair Xms Ram Dvd rw blah blah hd Sound Card Asus Cheap Power Supply I had a old power supply which was in the machine and it died so i went out got a cheap one for which is around One moirning I come down stairs switch on the computer it powers up for - seconds Then turned off So i instanly think must be the cheap power supply so I go out and spend on a Hiper type-r w which are good power supplies I Booting Issues fit the new Hiper type-r still the same problem troubleshooted everything graphics Booting Issues card ram sound card hard drive dvd Still the same Unfortunately the problem is pointing straight at the CPU or MOBO but there only months old and extreamly well cooled with one of the best coolers out there Artic Cooling Booting Issues Freezer Pro Just wondering if someone out there could help me because its really getting me down after spending the best part of on my dream machine nbsp

No, the problem is not necessarily the motherboard nor the CPU. It could be, but unlikely. Dead machines are almost never caused by a bad board or cpu. The Crosshair is a good motherboard, and the AMD rarely fails unless overheated... and your other components look good...

Unfortunately it is more difficult to trouble shoot when it won't boot up...
Some computers are designed to shut down when important things are not right... one of those is the CPU fan. Another is the CMOS battery. And failed memory will stop a lot of computers cold. Power Supplies can be bad upon arrival... even high quality ones can be damaged in shipment.
I would check all of these:
Are all internal cables connected, or do you see something loose. Sometimes cables and connectors fall off sometime after the technician errs.
Is the little green or orange light on the motherboard on?
Power Supply. Does the fan blade turn 1/4 to 3 turns when you press the on button? Can you get access to a power supply checker? They are about $10 -$15 US. Or use a known good power supply borrowed from another machine... not the new one.
CMOS Battery, shaped like a coin in only $3.50 to $5.00 US... or borrow one from another machine. Temporarily trade out the one you have, or just buy a new one.
Memory modules will stop most computers cold when they fail. Test yours in another computer, and one from another computer in yours. This would be a high suspect item in my book.
CPU fan: Is it filled with dust, dirt or hair? Does the fan blade turn 1/4 to 3 turns when you push the on button. They are a bit expensive on an AMD 4600, but you might want to get it tested at a shop or borrow one from another machine.
Video Graphics Cards are high failure items. Trade out yours with another temporarily just to see if the change makes a difference. In our experience, if the memory is good, the video card is the most likely second choice.
Any card found in a PCI slot, if electrically failed, can shut down everything else, so remove them for now... audio card, modem, usb and firewire cards. Then try again.
Power switch... do not discount this as a cause. A bad switch will be difficult to detect, but look it over if everything else checks out.
Hard Drive. Remove yours, and try another... just to see if it changes the boot lights... It will not work totally if it comes from another computer... but try a new one if you can.
If you have a floppy disc drive, unplug the hard drive, and attempt a boot to the floppy using MS-DOS or a Windows 98 or 95 floppy boot disc.
Remove everything you can... down to a simple, low memory video connection, power supply, CPU and fan, and one memory module. Does it boot or make different lights or noises.

Good luck. You should learn a few things when you try all these. Please get back to us with the results, even if it is still dead.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-issues.80771/
Relevancy 43.86%

My father has windows XP on his desktop and has had no issues with it until just the other day when he tried to boot his computer and it wouldn't come up with the quot loading XP quot screen after Booting Issues the initial boot screen where it shows your drives and all that good stuff then it would come to a black screen stating to push F to continue there is no cd in the cd drive and nothing the floppy one time it went to load XP then went straight to the black screen again I tried disabling all other drives except the HD and still nothing Could Booting Issues someone help me figure this problem out Is this some type of virus maybe Should we start fresh with a new HD before i forget i should add that he purchased a larger LCD screen for this computer and every now and then it will come up with a blue screen and force a reboot i was thinking maybe the processor or possibly the video card may need to be upgraded due to it being put under stress maybe any help is greatly appreciated

"then it would come to a black screen stating to push F1 to continue"

Is that all it said?

Have you tried booting to the XP cd?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-525422.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Ok this may be difficult to figure out but heres my issue. I recently installed XP Prof Sp3 via usb. with a existing partition with my files on (not a system partition). Once the install was done it had made the existing partition a system partition, and the newly created main partition is set as boot only, so it tries to boot from that partition but doesnt know what to look for. I manage to boot it each time using the usb drive with the windows install files on it. So how can i change it to a primary , active , boot and system partition??

Hi,

You can't change it to a primary partition as long as your booted into windows on that partition and i take it that the Easus PM isn't letting you convert to primary then reboot till it completes that task? So the best thing to do is download GParted and burn it onto a CD or DVD with a program like ImgBurn. Then boot up from CD/DVD. Then your going to have to delete the main partition (not your stuff one obviously), create a new one as primary NTFS, then re-install again to this partition.

Hope this helps

Steve

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-629751.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I am new to this so hi all

I am having major issues with my laptop, it is an Acer Aspire 6920g and when you press the power button to boot, it gets stuck with just less than a full loading bar with the acer screen for about 5 mins. I have tried disabling the quiet boot to see what it gets stuck on and it doesnt seem to get stuck on anything. after 5 mins it just boots windows as normal.

i got told that it was the hard drive going faulty (that was upgraded to a WD scorpio black 320gb), so i RMA'd it and the new one is doing the same.

please help me as i really dont know what to do... i am clued up with computers so what ever you guys say i will try

Thanks for looking!

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,
I have a HP Pavilion Home Premium Vista computer and I saw a blue screen last week after watching a Youtube video. I proceeded to go into safe mode and try to delete a few things.Now my computer has been in a reboot loop ever since. It won't load to my login screen anymore. I can't get into safe mode anymore.I have inserted the recovery disk but when I try to restore my computer,it can't find my hard disk. The operating system is blank.Please advise me anyway you can.Thank you.

Relevancy 43.86%

My laptop is have severe errors with boot up amongst other things and I was wondering if you could potentially diagnose the issue When I first boot up my OS windows on my pc the hard drive begins spinning up and then it just slows booting? with Issues down this happens - times taking total about - sec Issues with booting? longer than normal Issues with booting? before it maintains itself this is about a frequency occurrence Then when I reach my user icon and enter my password I am stuck waiting the quot welcome quot screen for - minutes If the OS then loads only successful about of the time otherwise it resets itself to repeat the process success in safe mode with networking the Issues with booting? computer works completely fine that is unless it is worked harder than a minimal amount e g when downloading a program if i set the download to open when it is complete instead of waiting to click quot open document quot when it is fully downloaded then the computer completely freezes and the only way to fix the freeze it to remove the power source which of course leaves me with the same boot issue as before nbsp

A:Issues with booting?

make and model

do you use it on a hard flat surface

check your temperatures

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/issues-with-booting.1092141/
Relevancy 43.86%

Recently my Computer started to have Issues Where is was Slow to Load Computer Specs Gig Memory CPU Intel Chip gigabyte Board Now it take Ten minutes sometimes more to load from Turning on then to get into windows then a further ten minutes to Load my email Now I had this issue Booting Issues XP before XP Booting Issues and I reformatted my drive and put this drive as a secondry But have XP Booting Issues now had to make that drive a primary again It takes forever to do things Transfer Files from One File to another Upload and Download even open programs Now I don t think that it s a hard drive Issues because I ve tried the drive in another computer and no Issues So Last night I cleaned the drive off in another computer Then put it back and went to reinstall Windows the only Issue I have now is that when the computer starts up I ve set it to detect the Cdrom as Boot now it sees that Cdrom and all but wont boot It s not the disk I ve tried it in another computer So please help what do I do I can t figure out what it is Thanks Kim nbsp

A:XP Booting Issues

Drive Diagnostic test: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html
Sounds like faulty internal HardDrive (might be time to replace)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xp-booting-issues.111114/
Relevancy 43.86%

I wasn't sure where to put this since I don't even know WHAT the issue is stemming from so I went ahead and stuck it here A friend of mine called me today and told me her computer would not boot My first thought was power Booting issues.... supply until she told me she can hear a fan running She told me the light on her monitor goes green for a second and then goes back to an amber color My next thought was either motherboard or harddrive until I read somethng online that it could be the monitor if there is power to the PC itself I wanted to run by here first to get thoughts She certainly isn't one to do maintenance primarily because she is CLUELESS on those things even though I've run things by her NUMEROUS times Booting issues.... people like that should not have a computer I swear Spyware a virus etc wouldn't cause a PC to NOT boot at all would it I mean I would guess that stuff would WANT you to boot so Booting issues.... they can watch your every move Hm anyone Thanks

A:Booting issues....

Hi carrie640...

it is more likely a hardware issue of some kind. Things to check are whether all the cables are connected securely at the back. The PSU may well be faulty regardless of the fact the fan spins so that's worth looking into. Also, remove the power source completely and reseat the RAM, GPU and ensure there is no sign of heat damage to the board.

When the machine boots, does the hard drive light come on at all?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/booting-issues-160418.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Built a new machine including Intell D865PERLK mb, 2.4 CPU & W2K os. I have problems about 30% of the time when booting, it will keep cycling through the boot sequence & never actually boot. Sometimes it will boot without the graphics drivers. Have to reboot a couple of times until it comes up good. I have swapped out the hard drive & reloaded os but still have issues. Where do I start with swapping out hardware, ram, cpu, mb? Any help would be great.

It seems your problem is graphics related so can you supply info on card, drivers and bios settings relating to it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/booting-issues.9610/
Relevancy 43.86%

Just recently I have been experiencing some start-up issues They came out of no where and I can't associate them to specific factor I had hard-reset my laptop because it was running very slowly and click restart didn't do anything As my computer was booting it initiated a Windows Issues Booting Disk Repair which I could not avoid The process took about an hour and reset my system twice The next time my system started it loaded in a Temp user account I reset my computer again to get out of this Temp account It loaded fine A few days later I restart my computer again Once I enter my account password it does not pass the Welcome loading screen and never logs into my account I can successfully login to my account through safe-mode but my computer will no longer pass the Welcome screen when booting normally I have taken steps to backup all important documents through safe-mode so if need be I can reformat However I'd highly prefer not to Any solutions I tried running a disk defrag but it never loads The last time I defraged was about a month ago Thanks

Sounds like damaged profile, which can be overcome.

Fix a corrupted user profile, Win 7 - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/494474/booting-issues/
Relevancy 43.43%

Acer Aspire Win home Afternoon folks Starting a couple of weeks ago my laptop has told me it needed to shutdown and restart I put this down to updates etc Today it told me it had ht a problem and needed to restart It did shutdown but on restart it opened on the boot manager page telling me to use arrows to select which option However no options were displayed and a message no bootable device I hit the power button and shut down but it came back with same message x On th restart all was normal I came to this site and had to re rerigister could not find old login Installed the windows repair programme and followed all promts etc with that All been fine since it finished One issue was that whilst in safe mode the screen continually flashed throughout Any ideas what is going on with my a start up bootable msg and b the flashing safe mode screen Thanks in advance nbsp

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/acer-issues.313423/
Relevancy 43.43%

I have an Acer Aspire 5551 notebook and today i plugged in my friend's blackberry and now my USB ports will not detect anything i plug in, no beeps or warnings just no response. Acer has no USB drivers on their site for my machine only for the card reader... In my device manager everything shows up working, no yellow marks...so thinking not a driver issue. If it was power issue sure it would show it somewhere?? My friend decided to plug it into my laptop after her phone did the exact same thing to my E-machines desktop running XP Pro...Lucky Me...I have no USB ports now please help!!!

Thank You,
Brian.

A:Acer USB Issues

I hope you did not suffer any damage to your usb port. Perhaps you can try to restore your computer to a previous date.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/112646-acer-usb-issues.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My friends netbook has got that error 0xc000000f issue, and needs to have windows reinstalled. Problem is, well its a netbook. It has no CD drive.

So i;ve got ahold of the ISO, and have tried ot make one of my USBs bootable

my process..

Open CMD

Open Diskpart
Select Disk1 (the USB)
Clean
create partition primary
select partition 1
format fs=ntfs
assign
exit

In CMD

bootsect.exe /nt60 f: (F been the USB)

Now it tells me that its added bootmgr and so on, but when I try to boot the USB up on my friends netbook to install windows XP, it says BOOTMGR is missing. (Since when did XP use that anyway? coulda sworn I heard it had nothing to do with BOOTMGR)

Anyone able to help out?

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Relevancy 43.43%

Ok so last week long story short something seriously f ed up my hard drive and I had to get completely new fresh ones installed There's two of 'em both about Booting Issues Dual GB In XP everything runs fine except my graphics card drivers I DID have Vista before and the drivers for the card worked fine in Vista Out of the two I prefer Vista simply for the card the whole reason for getting this computer was to play games On the other hand Vista is rather slow even on my somewhat beefed up gaming rig My question is if I wanted to dual-boot Dual Booting Issues to have XP for it's faster speed and Vista for whenever I felt like playing games what would be the best approach Should I keep XP installed on one drive and install Vista on another Or should I partition one and put 'em both on there and remove the other hard drive to save it as a backup to ensure that my week long headache of trying to fix the hard drives should something happen to them doesn't happen again I checked out this tutorial and it seems rather easy and I intend to follow it but I'm wondering Dual Booting Issues whether to partition or use separate drives Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/dual-booting-issues-322478.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello..

I have a hdd, and an ssd. Both have windows installed. However, to boot up from the ssd, I have to have both drives connected so the bios runs the windows boot manager, so I can select to start windows from the hhd or start windows on the ssd.

When I unplug the hhd, the bios removes the windows boot manager, leaving the ssd unable to be booted from.

When just the ssd with windows is plugged in, my computer tries to boot directly from the ssd instead of going through the windows boot manager ending with a non-bootable disk error.

Any assistance so I can remove this old hhd from my pc one and for all?

Thanks a ton guys!

A:Booting Windows from SSD issues..

try this:
1) boot from windows install dvd/usb.
2) Press Shift+F10 for cmd.
3) Type:
bootrec /fixboot
bootrec /fixmbr
bootrec /rebuildbcd

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/booting-windows-ssd-issues-277246/
Relevancy 43.43%

After recovery from a boot problem I managed to get the laptop up an running with all drivers Figured needed to repartion my secondary drive I have two HDD GB each and used Re-partitioning issues causes Booting mini tool to format and resize the secondary drive I also used it to hide my recovery partition and change drive letter of all but the OS C drive Happily rebooted to see that windows is loading files bar coming up which quickly ended with Reboot and Select Boot device or Insert Boot Media in Re-partitioning causes Booting issues selected Boot device and press a key message Need help to sort out and going to BIOS didnt help I have not touched the BIOS config ever since i got this laptop When I set the BIOS to boot from CD DVD and put in the win recovery CD disk it doesnt read it DVD light is blinking Not sure if ASUS G VW come wit IDE or ACHI as I did accientally change and save System Win bit i

A:Re-partitioning causes Booting issues

If you can boot the PC with Windows post a maximized and re-sized screen print of disk management using these instructions:
Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image

If you can't boot Windows, try creating and using a bootable Partition Wizard CD and post (camera) screen prints of what you see.
Bootable Partition Manger | MiniTool Partition Wizard Bootable Edition

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380275-re-partitioning-causes-booting-issues.html
Relevancy 43.43%

My system received some windows updates about a month ago. It took over an hour to install. Since then I've had nothing but issues when booting up the computer. Sometimes the system will boot to a black screen and nothing further then I have to do a hard shut down. If it does fully boot up it takes quite awhile. The windows update might of been just a coincidence, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business , Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T9300 @ 2.50GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3581 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro FX 360M, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 74190 MB, Free - 6236 MB; D: Total - 2047 MB, Free - 1431 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0UY141, , .CD75DG1.CN486438574456.
Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Updated: No, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Relevancy 43.43%

Hi everyone,

(Got to sawy this first, this is a great forum, i see hundred of issues being resolved, i wish i get some here too )

I cant seem to log in...i cant seem to boot.

the system come on and stays in the windows flag position permanently!

when I try to go into my recovery to do a repair, i get a 'bootmanager' error.

So now i cant log in to my recovery, cant log into safe mode and windows wont boot!

I dont have recovery disks, my recovery is still on a partition.

Please, any help???

Thanks

A:Startup/Booting Issues with win 7

Boot up using the Startup disk CD or Windows 7 DVD. (not the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disk) If you have a Netbook, you will need a CD/DVD drive.
Make sure no USB drives are plugged in.

Do a Strartup Repair:
Startup Repair
Note: You may need to do startup repair 3 to 4 times.
Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

If you have not made your Startup Repair
System Repair Disc - Create
Do you have a mate with Windows 7 & CD/DVD RW Drive, how could burn one off.

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's app the first day you had your new PC.

& made the Startup Repair CD.

How to make HP Recovery DVD disks:
Recover Windows Vista Operating System Using HP Recovery - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

How to make HP Recovery USB disk:
Creating a Recovery Disk on a USB Flash Disk HP Pavilion dv6700z CTO Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

or
You can Order HP Recovery Disks from here:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...dTypeId=321957

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/182729-startup-booting-issues-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Laptop is a gateway nv510p04u

Running Ubuntu 14.02.

Recently bought the laptop and have issues getting it to boot usb or cd.

I was able to disable secure boot but when I try to switch the bios the only option I can select is UEFI (I was told I need to boot into legacy).

I am trying to uninstall Ubuntu and reinstall Windows 8, but I can't do that without booting from cd/usb.

A:Issues with UEFI and booting

Download an 8 iso.
Extract it to a usb using 7-Zip.
Click the setup.exe.
Ubuntu will be overwritten.

There is no need to boot from a usb.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/63366-issues-uefi-booting.html
Relevancy 43.43%

i was dual booting Vista and xp and then i formatted my xp partition,installed a fresh copy of xp and now it automatically loads windows xp, it doesn't show where i use to select the OS to load

my disk is partitioned c drive for Vista and e drive for win xp

this is the contents of my xp's boot.ini file:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

how do i manually add Vista to the boot.ini file of win xp so i can select Vista to boot?

thanks

A:Booting Issues: Vista and XP

Hi sdinesh76,

Welcome to Vista Forums!

The following article should assist you in setting up the dual-boot process - and may differ from the above on how to edit boot.ini (as while it can be done directly through boot.ini, we need more information to give precise instructions and this will take you through it step-by-step and should help you find that information - and it needs to be EXACT in every detail or it will not work - either it will fail to boot or will not boot to one of the options): How to dual boot Vista and XP (with Vista installed first) -- the step-by-step guide with screenshots.

The trick is to find the proper entries to identify both boot options (adding them is trivial by comparison) and putting them in the right place and in the proper order.
I hope this helps. If not, post back and we'll see if we can work it out more manually. I believe the boot partition and information needs to be on the Vista partition, but BCDEdit and the above article will walk you through the process.

I hope this helps. If not, post back with what happened and how things stand and we'll try to go from there.

Good luck!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284345-booting-issues-vista-xp.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, I have been managing plenty of HP Compaq 6200 Pro Small Form desktop computers with Windows 10 64bit OS and users are facing booting up issue. Randomly it doesn't boot, stucks at Windows spinning circle. To resolve this issue temporary, I disconnect all USB devices, turn off computer by holding power button then power on. Furthermore, also appears freezing issue, whereas user after coming back to the computer, cannot use computer, need to restart by pressing power button. I have tried all workarounds and It didn't help. Also I noticed that there aren't any drivers for Windows 10 64 bit, including BIOS. Maybe the issue relies on not updated BIOS for Windows 10 64bit? All drivers, OS is up-to-date.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Booting-and-freezing-issues/td-p/5800135