Windows Support Forum

Pc stuck in hp logo then stuck in black screen and startup r...

Q: Pc stuck in hp logo then stuck in black screen and startup r...

i went from windows 8 to 10 about a year ago ans now i got this problem... https://youtu.be/-P4mBrUUhto and also sometimes it loads up pc detected a problem restarting for u.. and it just keeps doing that... and then gets stuck tp another black screen...i have this pc for more than 2 years.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Pc stuck in hp logo then stuck in black screen and startup r...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Pc stuck in hp logo then stuck in black screen and startup r...

Hi, Shutdown the notebook. Tap away at the esc key as you start the notebook to enter the Start-up Menu. Select the Diagnostic Menu option ( f2 ) and run the tests on the Hard Drive and Memory. Post back with the results, including any error codes that may be generated. Can you also post back with the full Model No. and Product No. of your hp 2000 series notebook - see Here for a guide on locating this information. Regards, DP-K

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Pc-stuck-in-hp-logo-then-stuck-in-black-screen-and-startup/td-p/5778107
Relevancy 82.15%

I let my sister borrow my laptop a few days ago. I tried to start it today and it's stuck in a loop, alternating between a black screen and the HP Logo. I asked her if she did anything and she claims to not have done anything to mess with it. I don't know what's going on, but I've tried the hard reset and whatnot and it hasn't worked. Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I'd really appreciate some help here.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Stuck-in-an-HP-Logo-and-black-screen-loop/td-p/5707541
Relevancy 81.22%

HP Stream Notebook - 11-r000na (ENERGY STAR)Whenever I turn the notebook it turns on however the screen is stuck on the hp logo and a black screen later , I have tried to update the BIOS using a BIOS update I put on my USB stick the update worked however the screen is still stuck on the logo. I have 3 months Warranty left, Who do I contact to get this repaired?Please ReplyThank you

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-Notebook-11-r000na-stuck-at-hp-logo-and-black-Screen/td-p/5841689
Relevancy 110.94%

i recently install new updates on my laptop , after downloading and installing and asking me to restart my computer ,i did choose to restart now . After booting up again it is now stuck on windows 7 logo screen on startup. I tried booting up on safe mode and last known good config. but it didn't work. Also tried to use windows installation disk but it doesn't work either it just keep loading on "setup is starting" also tried "repair my computer" option but it just show me just a plain black screen

i had a Toshiba satellite laptop l745d with a6 vision AMD graphic card,windows 7 ultimate x64 os , 4gb of ram quadcore

A:laptop stuck on windows logo screen in startup

Your System spec says your machine is x86 - your post says x64.
Please clarify that.
When you attempted to use an installation disk - what type of disk did you use? the manufacturer's Recovery disk, or something else?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/271695-laptop-stuck-windows-logo-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 110.94%

Hello, I am trying to fix my mother's laptop and unfortunately am not very computer savy. She has an Acer computer running with Windows 7 Premium. When I turn it on it asks if I want to boot normally or launch startup repair. Starting normally brings me to the Windows startup screen, where it gets stuck. Launching startup repair says it's loading files, then goes to a black screen and stays there. I went to another thread with a similar problem, but I had trouble understanding. I will try to provide any information about the laptop per request.

Thank you for reading this message and helping, I apologize for not being informative.

A:Laptop Stuck on Windows Startup Logo Screen

Hello and welcome Vevendreth can you boot into safe mode > power off and the power on and tap F8?

If you can run these
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

PS model of the Acer please

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334071-laptop-stuck-windows-startup-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 110.51%

Good Morning,

For the past several months I have been having problems with my HP desktop computer. When my system reboots I sometimes get a black screen with nothing on it or it gets stuck on the windows logo or I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

The blue screen tends to happen with the computer goes into hibernation. So I changed my settings to that it doesn't happen but I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

I have checked for malware, viruses you name it... nothing.

HP HPE-180t
Windows 7 SP1
Intel core i7 930 @2.80GHz
9.00 GB RAM
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

If you need further info please let me know. ;)
ps I had wonderful support several years ago regarding my laptop.. thank you once again :)

A:Black screen, Blue Screen & Stuck on Windows logo

Hello Britt,

Quote:

I would like to fix that so that I can give my computer a rest during the time that I'm not using it.

The best way to do this is to simply turn it off; it will also save on the electricty bills too.
When I am not using my machine, I turn it off, because here in South Australia we have the second highest electricity charges in the world.

Quote:

I get a blue screen with a bunch of writing.

Can you tell us what the blue screen says; usually this is due to a recent hardware or software change; however, in your instance it might be the Hibernation feature that is malfunctioning.
Post back with the information about the blue screen, please.

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-blue-screen-and-stuck-on-windows-logo-689187.html
Relevancy 110.51%

I have an older machine that originally ran XP. The original hard drive was removed awhile ago, and I am attempting to resurrect it with a 320 GB HDD. I want to install Win10 fresh on it with the boot media, but it doesn't work, no matter what I do. Every time it boots it takes me to the black screen with the blue square logo, but then freezes. No loading circle below it, and it just sits there. I tried both x64 and x32 installs, disabled the graphics card and used the mobo for graphics output, and nothing changes it. How do I go about fixing this?

Link to product info: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00679523#AbT1
Detail on MOBO that is in the computer: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications, A8N-LA (Nagami2) | HP® Customer Support

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/51427-w10-usb-boot-media-stuck-black-screen-blue-squares-logo.html
Relevancy 109.22%

Hi guys,

I know there's many threads on this subject but none seem to answer it for me.

System:

i7 950 X58A-UD3R Rev 2.0 16gb Ram GTX760. Pretty sure it's a Samsung 250gb SSD.

So I upgraded W7 to W10 via iso. Install made it all the way.

On reboot it's now suck on the black background, windows logo and spinning dots.

I've removed all wireless devices.

If you need any further info please let me know.

Any help would be appreciated

A:Windows 10 Upgrade Stuck- Black Screen - Blue Logo - Spinning Dots

I would give it 15-30 minutes and then do a Hard Reset. Hold DOWN Power switch until the computer shuts down (probably about 6-8 seconds). Then, hit the Power switch to turn it back on.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/38245-windows-10-upgrade-stuck-black-screen-blue-logo-spinning-dots.html
Relevancy 104.92%

My computer was running firefox and then completely froze out and I couldnt open task manager switch users or anything I let the computer sit there for a while not wanting to click anything thinking it would unfreeze by itself in a short while and then suddenly a clicking noise started coming out at regular intervals Then the computer just switched off On restart I got a BSOD that i wrote down but ive lost the paper for the error message now I ran the Recovery Console from the at startup Stuck on Screen Black XP CD and chkdsk r and it finished When i restarted I got another BSOD quot UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME quot I ran chkdsk r using the Recovery Console again with it completing and then this time on restart I got another BSOD message quot Stop C unable to locate component This application has failed to start because USP dll was found Re-installing the application may fix this quot I ran chkdsk again a few times and nothing happened still getting the same BSOD message on restart After more googling I found out to run a repair installation from the XP CD instead of the Recovery Console the website I used just told me to quot continue with on-screen instructions quot So I ran the repair installation and the first time I ran it the computer restarted and I thought Stuck on Black Screen at startup it had been fixed Windows XP appeared to be installing itself for the first time and I paniced because I thought I had accidentally pressed the wrong button and chosen to fresh install a copy of windows I immediately held the power button to power-down my computer I now realise that it was supposed to happen Now if I try to boot the computer normally or in safe mode it will load the Windows logo with the green bar and then after that it will stay on the black screen with a mouse no BSOD If I repeat the repair installation it will tell me that a repair has already been started and do I want to continue with the repair or start a fresh installation When I continue with the repair when the computer restarts it will follow the same steps as above and reach the black screen and I cannot get back to that blue windows setup screen which would've been the next part of the repair install What should I do now

A:Stuck on Black Screen at startup

Good morning V2p, If I am understanding you correctly here you aborted the windows non-destructive repair. You are going to have to boot from your XP disk and follow the instructions at the link below to re perform the non destructive repair. You might have to enter the bios and set the boot order to boot from the CD rom first though. If you are unsure how to do that just let me know and I will instruct you.

http://www.freenerd.net/index.php?ti...hout_data_loss

The precceding link gives step by step instructions with screen shots of how to perform a non-destructive repair. Please read the entire document before proceeding with the repair.

I will monitor this thread throughout the day. If you resolve this problem on your own or with the info I provided please let me know so I can move on to other issues. Also please mark this thread solved using the quick tools option located at the top of this thread and selecting solved from the drop down menu.

Thank you
Patmark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-on-black-screen-at-startup-510829.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Yesterday my notebook was all fine I shut it down and left at Black stuck on CHKDSK screen now startup, my house until late night when I tried to power it on again this problem occurs It was stuck at black screen for so long I decided to hard power off and power on again It gave me options System Repair recommended or Start Windows Normally I chose to repair Repair ended with a restart but then a quick blue screen appeared saying quot Fatal System Error quot Tried to repair again and this time it told me Black screen on startup, now stuck at CHKDSK it has failed Used F and selected quot Last Known Good Configuration quot Again it stuck at blank black screen This morning I tried to repair again and this time it went to CHKDSK The CHKDSK completed stage of where it said quot Windows has checked the file system and found no problems quot Along with the summary like quot nKB total disk space Black screen on startup, now stuck at CHKDSK etc etc until n allocation units available on disk quot Where 'n' is some numbers But it just stuck in here what should I do It's been more than hours Should I force boot it again or wait for it My CPU's light indicator was blinking rapidly earlier and now it just blink once in a long while So I doubt it is actually running at this point Please help I hope my explanation is clear enough My notebook is running on Windows Vista Home Premium SP Update Tried quot Last Known Good Configuration quot It will go to CHKDSK I usually will let it run and after it finished blue screen appeared saying quot SESSION INITIALIZATION FAILED quot sometimes quot Fatal System Error quot Tried booting Safe Mode it is stuck at one of AVG's drivers and went to the same blue screen session Used AVG Rescue CD and renamed all drivers related to AVG as per suggested by AVG team Now Safe Mode stuck crcdisk sys before it went to SESSION blue screen I also tried Restore Point before this but it said I have none Despite logging in to admin account Update Used Windows Vista's Recovery Disk and ran Startup Repair It said it managed to repair errors Restarted and ran Startup Repair just to make sure it indeed said it didn't find any problems Boot Safe Mode again and the same issue still shows up stuck at crcdisk sys and then here comes the blue screen After that if I run Startup Repair from recovery disk again it will attempt to fix error again This keeps on looping

A:Black screen on startup, now stuck at CHKDSK

It sounds like you have a problem with your hard drive. You have no choice but to shut down by holding the power button for a few seconds until it shuts. If that does not work you must pull the plug. I will tell you up front, this is not the way to shut down and it can cause further damage to the hard drive. If you do shut down, I would back up my stuff right away.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/302369-black-screen-startup-now-stuck-chkdsk.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Very confused on this one and I've looked all over for a solution Hoping someone can maybe point black startup screen on E555 Stuck during me in the right direction nbsp nbsp I had my E555 Stuck on black screen during startup e thinkpad hooked up to a tv with an hdmi cord I unplugged it and the screen when black Restarted it and the Lenovo logo popped up for a few seconds only to E555 Stuck on black screen during startup go to a black screen that hangs around for a few minutes and then the computer shuts off nbsp nbsp I cant really do much besides get to the Startup Interrupt Menu and even then if I choose the recover your system option I am taken to another black screen I can get into BIOS setup and I can diagnose the hardware I've run through an entire diagnosis and everything passed nbsp nbsp Any idea I E555 Stuck on black screen during startup think it must have something to do with the hdmi port but I've even tried plugging it back in and it won't recognize my laptop nbsp Solved Go to Solution

A:E555 Stuck on black screen during startup

I've solved my own problem. Basically, my computer got stuck thinking my laptop screen was the secondary screen, through the startup menu I was able to make a secondary screen the primary screen, and then switch it back to my laptop screen. I think there was just a bit of a hang up.  Thank you anyway. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E555-Stuck-on-black-screen-during-startup/td-p/3300363
Relevancy 103.63%

Hi all I have recently since today had an issue with my PC I came home after uni today pressed the power button stuck black @ startup Windows screen gets on on my PC it started up normal showed the Windows gets stuck on black screen @ startup mobo splash screen etc yet when it got to the stage of loading Windows Vista it just got stuck on the black screen that normally appears about second before the quot loading windows quot status bar comes up It just got stuck there on that black screen for over minutes until I hard reset the PC Then it gave me an error screen Windows gets stuck on black screen @ startup saying Windows hadn t been shut-down correctly and if I wanted to load it into safe mode etc I just chose the normal mode and then it loaded Windows fine I then shut down the PC Later that day around pm I powered on the system again and the same thing happened again The only way I could get it working was to hard reset it and then it would boot after selecting quot start normally quot So I have tried -Performing a Windows repair from the O S disk the repair program couldn t find any problems though and consequently didn t repair anything -Restoring to yesterday before I have had issues What I need to know is if anyone else has had this problem before or has heard of it and possibly if there is a solution I have tried searches but I don t have a keyword error code specific enough to find any real answers Could it be hardware or software related Or both The last thing I have installed was an Epson printer on the th but I haven t had issues until today the th I installed it correctly as far as I know with Vista compatible drivers Any suggestions advice Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-gets-stuck-on-black-screen-startup.701218/
Relevancy 103.63%

I dont know what is going on I originally was trying to get my webcam to work it wouldn t so i was going through troubleshooting procedures according to its help menu and it asked me to unplug all usb devices and replug the webcam only well i wasn t thinking and I just unplugged the external hardrive and the webcam at the same time without quot stopping quot it So then it gaev me a message saying it needed to reboot to complete its update or something i wasn t paying attention cause i thought it just needed to reboot for the Startup with cursor black on stuck gets screen webcam so i did then when i rebooted it would show the COMPAQ screen with the three options at the bottom ESC for boot menu F for BIOS Ithink and Startup gets stuck on black screen with cursor F for recovery well then it would go immediately to a black screen w a white cursor in top left corner It would idle there permenantly I would have to ctrl alt del to get it to go back and finally i was looking for a way to use my recovery tools cd that didn t work at first but then it finally came up and said it could do a recovery where it wouldn t delete my files but it would restore the rest to orignal state so i went ahead and chose that option It finished and said to reboot I did then it still gets stuck at that black screen doesn t even show the WINXP screen so i was looking for a way to figure this out and i went to the ESC menu this is what you see there Boot Menu Select a boot first device -HDD Group - st Master Samsung SP N -USB HDD - Generic USB CF Reader -USB HDD - Generic SSB SM Reader -USB HDD - WD JB External -CDROM Group - nd Master Lite on DVDRW SOH-W- In order to make the computer work you have to go down and hit enter when the st master is highlighted i did this by accident and it showed me a loophole to get into the computer Then it boots up practically normally But any restart or shutdown goes back into the black screen with the cursor Can I fix this by changing a startup boot mode or something in the msconfig or somewhere Please help Thanks Katrina nbsp

A:Startup gets stuck on black screen with cursor

Sounds like the boot.ini is messed up, or even the master boot record. You need to get yourself a boot disk/floppy set for your O/S, and run fixboot and fixmbr.

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-gets-stuck-on-black-screen-with-cursor.469028/
Relevancy 102.77%

First post, so please tell me if I make any errors. After having a frustrating malware which kept closing Malwarebytes, redirecting some links to other sites, disabling access to some sites as Symantec.com, I decided to follow a step by step guide to removing Malware, which I got up to a stage of using Combofix. The guide didn't warn me of any dangers, and I should've researched it, but now after failing the Combofix Microsoft Recovery Console, whenever I start up my PC, it's stuck on a cursor with a black screen. I managed to write this via Safe Mode with Networking. Any help?

A:Windows stuck at black screen on startup after Combofix

Also if it'd help I followed this guidehttp://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139313

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296159/windows-stuck-at-black-screen-on-startup-after-combofix/
Relevancy 101.48%

Unfortunately much of the information that would generally be helpful hijack this logs etc is presently unavailable to me I was doing some research in misandry with Google Chrome when I Loathing screen and Antivirus, Black I am stuck startup the at Paladin appeared to have picked up a trojan This is pure speculation on my part it is just the most temporally proximate event to the self install of Paladin Loathing Paladin Antivirus, and the Black screen startup I am stuck at Antivirus As soon as the green generic box showed up above all of my other screens Loathing Paladin Antivirus, and the Black screen startup I am stuck at my heart sank I immediately tried to run Spybot S amp D which seemed to launch though never appeared There was no error or termination message I then tried AdAware and that earned me a Blue Screen hard windows crash and memory dump to restart My computer restarted and I attempted to research the source of my woes I only discovered the name of probably only part of my troubles when the red X icon appeared in the system tray showing Paladin Antivirus I came to Bleeping Computer and found several guides for the removal of Paladin Antivirus and downloaded Rkill com to a USB drive via the laptop I am presently using By running Rkill I was able to download UnHack Me I ran the program and it identified two trojans as well as Paladin Antivirus There was also a report of a rootkit which was not surprising from what I read in the guide I tried to remove it and UnHack Me required a restart I clicked restart There was and remains on each restart now text that flashes after the POST about the Partizan DLL running then there is irregularly the windows loading progress bar Then the mouse and black screen are all This was when I reached the end of my not extensive tech rope The computer now restarts in all three safe modes as well as normal startup by rendering a resolution appropriate size mouse and a black screen The USB mouse responds to movement and is rendered correctly in all ways If I allow the mouse to sit long enough the monitor goes to sleep per the timer I have set in my power settings I cannot access any more information because the computer is stuck at this black screen I broke out my system OS disk and booted from it I attempted the windows repair with no success or identified faults The system restore option does not detect any of the system restore points I created Also I am confident I can restore to factory image but would really really rather not lose the accumulated updates settings passwords etc that accumulate on my computers

A:Loathing Paladin Antivirus, and the Black screen startup I am stuck at

Hello, and to the Malware Removal forum! My online alias is Blade Zephon, or Blade for short, and I will be assisting you with your malware issues!In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.Before we begin cleaning your machine, I'd like to lay out some guidelines for us to follow while we are working together.I will be assisting you with your malware issues. This may or may not resolve other problems you are having with your computer. If you are still having problems after your machine has been determined clean, I will be glad to direct you to the proper forum for assistance.Even if things appear better, that does not mean we are finished. Please continue to follow my instructions until I give you the all clean. Absence of symptoms does not mean that all the malware has been removed. If a piece of the infection is left, it can regenerate and reinfect your machine. Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.I ask that you please refrain from running tools other than those I suggest to you while I am cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. If you act independently it will cause changes to your system that I will not be aware of, which will make the process of cleaning the machine a much slower and more difficult process. Additionally, some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Please perform all steps in the order received. If you are unsure or confused about any instructions I give you, you should ask me to clarify before doing anything. Additionally, if you run into any problems while carrying out instructions, you should STOP and reply back here explaining what happened.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed. If you need additional time, that is perfectly alright; you just need to let us know beforehand. ***************************************************You will need a clean computer to create this disc...Print these instruction out so that you know what you are doingFirst Please open a Notepad file. (Go to Start>Run and type Notepad into the run dialogue and press Enter,Copy and paste the following code into the notepad file. Do not include the word "Code".CODEnetsvcsmsconfigsafebootminimalsafebootnetworkactivexdrivers32/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfilesSave the Notepad file to a flash drive.Download ISOBurner. This will allow you to burn an ISO to a cd and make it bootable. Just install the program, from there on in it is fairly automatic. Instructions SecondDownload OTLPE.iso and burn to a CD using ISO Burner. NOTE: This file is 292Mb in size so it may take some time to download.When downloaded double click and this will then open ISOBurner to burn the file to CDReboot your system using the boot CD you just created.Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps hereYour system should now display a REATOGO-X-PE desktop.Double-click on the OTLPE icon.When asked "Do you wish to load the remote registry", select YesWhen asked "Do you wish to load remote user profile(s) for scannin... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/298353/loathing-paladin-antivirus-and-the-black-screen-startup-i-am-stuck-at/
Relevancy 101.48%

A family friend of my has a Dell Inspiron laptop she got in She had it in the trunk of her car for an entire year When she turned it on everything Screen Startup on Stuck Inspiron at 1545 Dell Black worked fine but she accidentally knocked it off the table on to a hardwood floor Ever since that happened the computer starts up but sits on a black screen I don't see a Windows Logo or anything Just a black screen However when starting it up There's a very faint beeping sound like the sound you hear when the car door is open And after about seconds there's a beeping noise a lot louder than the constant beeping before Dell Inspiron 1545 Stuck on Black Screen at Startup Any suggestions as to what it can be Is it a damaged hard drive or is it the screen Update I pulled the hard drive out and it sounds like Dell Inspiron 1545 Stuck on Black Screen at Startup a babies rattle So I assume the hard drive was shattered Theres Dell Inspiron 1545 Stuck on Black Screen at Startup no damage on the outside but the damage must be underneath But the screws are too tiny for me to examine the damage Unless this is normal for a hard drive to sound like it's filled with beads

A:Dell Inspiron 1545 Stuck on Black Screen at Startup

Sounds like the HDD is ruined. The beeps you hear might indicate more hardware problems. Take note of the order of the beeps, (the number of beeps and if there are long and or short beeps) then search Dell Support for info on beep codes.

You should try using a bootable CD or DVD disc to see if the laptop will operate at all before spending money or the time fixing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303073-dell-inspiron-1545-stuck-black-screen-startup.html
Relevancy 98.9%

When I turn on my laptop it stays at the hp logo when turning on in windows 10 and in 30 seconds it gives me the pc ran into error problem so it fixes it, it goes to preparing automatic repair,diagnosing your pc,windows wouldn't load correctly and it says I can restore or close either one I click it just loads me to the hp logo stuck on the screen and I can't do anythingWHAT DO I DO?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/hp-logo-stuck-on-startup/td-p/5620713
Relevancy 95.89%

How to solve the laptop stopped at the first startup , the stop dilogo toshiba and will be loading into Windows when I press any button . We are the solution that loading without the need press any key?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74175-startup-stuck-toshiba-logo-until-press-any-keys-help-h.html
Relevancy 95.89%

Hey everyone

FYI, at the screen where the Windows 7 logo should be, it only shows 8 blue lines at the top of the screen as i disabled the logo a while ago (turned on No GUI boot in msconfig/boot)

Anyways, normally the 8 lines show up at the top of the screen for a few seconds, and then my PC continues with regular startup.

However, this time the 8 lines show up, and then many different coloured pixels appear at the top of the screen. It then freezes and nothing else happens.

Can anyone help me?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-stuck-on-startup-wont-get-past-boot-logo-point.1078722/
Relevancy 95.03%

My computer automatically updated when I turned it on. It's on the HP logo screen. The update stops at 9% and won't budge for the past 2 days.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Computer-stuck-on-Logo-and-is-updating-but-stuck-at-9/td-p/5650526
Relevancy 94.6%

Got an HP Pavilion w with Pentiun and MB of ram running an oem XP One day I tried to start it up and it booted to the Windows logo screen with the black bar XP screen stuck on logo The bar went across twice then froze Nothing else happens after that Tried Known Good Configuration same thing Tried safe mode stops at mup sys I tried to get into Recovery console but doesnt seem to recognize my hard drive as my only choices are off of the CD Drive letter e Tried to repair system files with an XP upgrade cd and XP stuck on logo screen it tells me there s no operating system installed and that I need to verify my install by loading the installation cd which I dont have So I tried to use the HP system restore feature on my computer but it only gives me the option to reformat and not repair I am the fool who did not regularly back up files so I still have some on there I would like to have I thought I could install this drive as a slave in my newer computer but the hard drive setup in that computer is SATA and my problem child is an IDE drive I did not install anything new hardware or software that I can remember in the days before it went south Is there anything that I can do to save this drive I d like to fix it so my husband will have his own computer Thanks in advance for any assistance thymekiller nbsp

A:XP stuck on logo screen

Another quick question. I've heard there are IDE to SATA converters out there. Also found an IDE to external USB case that this hard drive can be installed in. Would it be possible with either one of these tools to at least retreive my data off this hard drive? Any suggestions at all would be helpful at this point. Thanks again!!
thymekiller

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-stuck-on-logo-screen.852730/
Relevancy 94.6%

Wondering if anyone can help.

When Xp loads the computer boots as normal but once it hits the xp logo screen (just before logon) it freezes. Is there a way around this?

Firstly, I have attempted to boot in safe mode, it does the same. It also does the same if i try to boot to safe mode with command prompt.

Second, I have tried to boot up with a XP boot install, and the recovery console is no help.

Now either i am using the console wrong or that path is closed.

Can anyone help? It is really quite desperate and i can't take "reformat and try again" as an option since half the stuff on the computer i can aford to lose. A speedy response would be much apreciated

Thanks,
Fenton

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-sp1-stuck-at-logo-screen.271123/
Relevancy 94.6%

compaq presario desktop stuck on compaq logo screen.

Relevancy 93.74%

After i put it into sleep the next morning i try to turn it on it wont turn on normally, it stuck with an hp logo and blackscreen afterwards, there is a sound from the machine that sounds like clock. I've already tried to unplug my battery

A:stuck in the hp logo with "repairing" on the screen

Hi @Rayhankrm, Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand you are having an issue with your HP Pavilion 14 Notebook and a strange noise coming from inside. Have you tried a System Restore? This shows you how. Here is a document that shows you how to restore BIOS factory default settings. That way it will look at the Hardware installed on the Notebook.  Please let me know how this goes Please click the Thumbs up and  Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you. Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/stuck-in-the-hp-logo-with-quot-repairing-quot-on-the-screen/td-p/5592856
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi I have a vizio all in one pc that came preinstalled with windows 7, I upgraded this pc to windows 8.1, it's been running fine ever since I did, yesterday I shut the PC down before going to the beach and then when I came home I tried to start her up and it doesn't get past the vizio (brand) logo during boot, after this logo would come the blue windows tiles that show the system starting up but this doesn't happen, it's just stuck and I can't seem to get it into bios, when I press ctrl+alt+delete it restarts but nothing still stays stuck, please help thank you ._.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575057/stuck-at-logo-screen-during-boot/
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello everyone thanks for this forum I want to know what is going on to my laptop my laptop is Samsung R -bit running Windows Home Premium Here is the story I left my laptop with the logo windows on screen Stuck my friend for about minutes after he left and I turned it on it stuck on windows logo Stuck on the windows logo screen screen for about minutes then I turn it off and on again couple of times I tried to run it in safe mode recovery f but all attempts failed since it won t enter the program stucked on the first phase And then I create boot disc from other Windows machinebut -bit and reboot with it it loads the program but it won t repair or recover because it was -bit cd while my laptop is -bit So I tried to turn it on and off couple of times and suddenly it works I able to enter the windows soon as i get in I run the recovery sytem program from Samsung and did some basic recovery since I have no backup set and I don t want to loose everything by running full recovery This has happened to me before after I left my laptop to this same guy he must have installed something on my laptop because after he played with it my laptop was running very slow and I have to run full recovery which formatted my hard drive and set everything back to factory setting I want to know what this guy did to my laptop or what virus he planted in my system Although now everything seem to back to normal I have windows warning on it says it can t detect any anti virus on my system while I have Avast Anti Virus running And before I tried to update my CCleaner and Malwarebytes program the letters were disappear there s no letter on it Now everything seem to be normal only the windows warning about no anti virus So this is my Hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files x Samsung Easy Display Manager dmhkcore exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Support Center SSCKbdHk exe C Program Files x Samsung Samsung Recovery Solution WCScheduler exe C Program Files x SAMSUNG EasySpeedUpManager EasySpeedUpManager exe C Program Files x MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exe C Program Files x McAfee Security Scan SSScheduler exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer IELowutil exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users sansung Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http samsung msn com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http samsung msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http samsung msn com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO ContributeBHO Class - C DC - - A A- D-C C - C Program Files x Adobe Adobe Contribute CS Plugins IEPlugin contributeieplugin dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Increase performance and video formats for your HTML lt video gt - E D- - FD- C - A F - C Program Files x... Read more

Relevancy 93.74%

I was trying to reset my laptop as I just bought this from a pawn shop and everything went fine until all of a sudden it got stuck in failed to configure to revert the changes so I rebooted it hitting F8 button then it said that it's repairing now then asked if i wanted to restore and i clicked OK, now t's stuck with the HP logo on the screen. Been about 20 minutes like this. Is it supposed to do this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Notebook-stuck-with-HP-Logo-on-screen/td-p/5654249
Relevancy 93.74%

please help me my hp desktop will not boot up it get stuck and it will not boot up

A:Desktop Stuck at the HP logo screen

Turn the computer off.Turn the computer on, and look for the "press <blah> to enter BIOS SETUP" message.Press that <blah> key.Look through the BIOS SETUP screen(s), to see if the disk-drive and the CD/DVD drive are listed, in consecutive rows.If there is no listing for the disk-drive, it could have "died". Turn the computer off.Turn the computer on, and look for the "press <blah> to run HP diagnostics" message.Press that <blah> key.Select the diagnostic utility for the disk-drive, and run it.What does it report? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Desktop-Stuck-at-the-HP-logo-screen/td-p/5845109
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello I'm running a:
Dell Dimension E510
Pentium D dual core 2.8ghz
1gb ram
80gb Hdd
128mb ATI radeon x300 SE Hypermemory

The Problem I'm having is that sometimes when I restart my computer, the computer gets stuck on the dell logo screen usually if I force restart 2-3 more times it would work fine but just yesterday I restarted and the same thing happened...even after several force shutdown/restart it wouldn't work...I opened up the computer and unplugged all unnecessary hardware to boot a computer but the same problem persisted.
I went away for a while and came back then tried a couple of more times and luckily I got it to boot. Now that the computer is on what steps should I take to prevent this from happening again?

Relevancy 93.74%

Hi!, So i recently bought a Dell XPS 15, 2 days ago, and that day it turned on fine, but the next day it is stuck on the Dell logo screen, I have tried pressing the F2,F12 and it doesnt work, I cant get the BIOS to show up.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19986609
Relevancy 93.74%

Quote Originally Posted by TheProfessa Hi about days ago i went to do System Restore because my computer wasn't working right so I went along and did it and when my computer was turning on it got stuck It loaded up everything perfect but right after when the windows XP loads on the black screen it gets Logo Stuck... Screen Windows XP to the blue screen the top and bottom Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck... are dark blue and the middle is sky blue The only thing the screen says is Microsoft Windows XP and there is ONLY mouse movement I pressed every button on the keyboard and nothing happened I have tried Safe Mode but it wont let Safe Mode run because it gets stuck at the screen Last Good Configuration wont work nothing in F works I've tried some random other things and that didnt work I tried the repair option from the windows XP cd that didnt work and to top it all off I even reinstalled windows and it still gets stuck Now I am at a loss and I have no idea what to do I looked at my power supply because i heard that could be the problem and I doubt that was it and it's not like i always keep my computer on it was off for hours and still wasnt working Help would be appriciated Thanks I'm having this exact same problem I have also tried everything Except when I use repair it will work for one time to sign on and then if I shut it down and try to get back on another time it does the same thing over again I haven't tried reinstalling but I'm going to today Hopefully that will work but from your post my hope is diminishing haha It sounds like its running and doing stuff but you could leave the computer on all day long and it will never get to the log on screen I run spy-bot and ad-aware weekly and I have virus protection but thats not to say it isn't a virus I don't download anything from the internet and if I do it's very rare I just would like to know how to fix it or if its possible hardware problems

A:Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck...

Couldn't hurt to give this a try http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353/.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-logo-screen-stuck-65650.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey my PC dell inspiron 11 3148 is frozen at logo screen.
I tried restarting it
It restarts when I long press power button for 10 sec. But again stuck at dell logo.
It was working till last nyt very without any problem.
But today this happened
But nothing worked for me
Also f2 & f12 keys are not working here.
Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19989616
Relevancy 93.74%

My computer is a little over 2 years old now, and this problem just began this morning. I am running windows 7, but not sure if that matters at the point I'm at because the windows screen doesn't even display. There have been no modifications or updates to the system in a few weeks or so. Last night I shut the computer down, I woke up this morning to turn it on and it was stuck. The screen stayed at the HP logo screen and displayed options, but none of them worked. Is this a problem that is fixable?

A:Desktop Stuck at the HP logo screen

You can follow this document to fix your issue. http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01884928

I am an HP employee.Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer ?Accept as Solution? if it solves your problem.***Click on ?Kudos? STAR to say thanks!***

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Desktop-Stuck-at-the-HP-logo-screen/td-p/1449281
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi,

I've got a Lenovo T500 laptop with WinXP Pro.
It does not boot into Windows, but gets stuck on the Windows Logo screen with the "progress bar" moving but not doing anything.
I can however get into Safe-Mode.

Some background.
The current problem started when I set up boot time drive check (via Glory). A reboot got stuck on the BootDefragDriver which prevented even SafeMode from loading.
I disabled the service via the recovery console and can now log into Safe Mode.

However, I still cannot boot normally.

Please advise,
Thanks!

A:XP Pro stuck on Windows Logo Screen

I would remove Glory if you can, and see if you can log in normal.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516559/xp-pro-stuck-on-windows-logo-screen/
Relevancy 93.74%

Cant logo at Stuck screen hp bios press any f buttons my keyboard lights flicker on when Stuck at bios hp logo screen the screen comes on and if i press setup it Stuck at bios hp logo screen says entering setup but never does No other button will give me any results Now my gpu fan has busted so ive been using a tabletop fan to blow air at my pc worked surprisingly better than the tiny gpu fan i took my tv tuner off a while ago so i could look at my gpu fan and never put it back on Today i found my coaxial and decided to put my tv tuner back in I turned off my pc then popped it in next time i booted up my pc i would get these problems Ive tried taking the tuner out again to no avail Im still under warrenty from hp at least until march Is there anything i can do i can usually motor through most of these kind of problems but im stumped Please help me

A:Stuck at bios hp logo screen

You'd get a better response if you complete your system specifications (you'll find the option under the User CP on the forum top bar...) fully...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/52885-stuck-bios-hp-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 93.74%

HP All-in-One stuck on logo screen foreverHP - nf AIO PC nbsp nbsp Dear Forum users nbsp As a tech-savvy person I was handed the task to try and restore an old nbsp HP All-in-One PC assembled march nbsp that resists any attempts at booting nbsp The symptom is as soon as I start the computer the screen is stuck on the blue HP logo screen forever nbsp I have HP forever stuck 20 logo All-in-One screen on tried hitting F while booting but the computer is HP 20 All-in-One stuck on logo screen forever now stuck nbsp on the next screen that displays hardware informations Specifically nbsp hitting the ESC key does not trigger the recovery menu nbsp I have tried the same operation hitting F while booting but then again hitting the ESC key does not trigger the installation menu on the next screen nbsp I have tried letting the computer boot for minutes but at no point did the blue HP logo became pulsating nor did I notice any change in the displayed screen nbsp Please can someone help me move forward on this problem Any help appreciated nbsp Thanks nbsp nbsp

A:HP 20 All-in-One stuck on logo screen forever

Hi there @FrancisEd, Welcome to the HP Support Forums!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel.   I am happy to help with this. Not knowing which OS is installed here are the likely candidates, although more of a guide to things to try. HP PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 7),  HP Desktop PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10,8). Step 3 is the relevant one to your specific issue, and for your symptom, will send you right to Hardware Diagnostics. Do all the tests as see if anything fails and go from there. Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-20-All-in-One-stuck-on-logo-screen-forever/td-p/5691990
Relevancy 93.74%

Hi about days ago i went to do System Restore because my computer wasn't working right so I went along and did it and when my computer was turning on it got stuck It loaded up everything perfect but right after when the windows XP loads Windows XP Screen Logo Stuck... on the black screen it gets to the blue screen the top and bottom are dark blue and the middle is sky Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck... blue The only thing the screen says is Microsoft Windows XP and there is ONLY mouse movement I pressed every button on the keyboard and nothing happened I have tried Safe Mode but it wont let Safe Mode run because it gets stuck at the screen Last Good Configuration wont work nothing in F works I've tried some random other things and that didnt work I Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck... tried the repair option from the windows XP cd that didnt work and to top it all off I even reinstalled windows and it still gets stuck Now I am at a Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck... loss and I have no idea what to do I looked at my power supply because i heard that could be the problem and I doubt that was it and it's not like i always keep my computer on it was off for hours and still wasnt working Help would be appriciated Thanks

A:Windows XP Logo Screen Stuck...

thats where it gets stuck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-logo-screen-stuck-65355.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I have a dv4-1225ee laptop. I removed my laptop hard drive and attached it to my pc and installed windows xp. Because in my laptop it asked to press a key, when i press any key it didn't detect. I attached the hard drive to my laptop. But the screen is stuck at the hp logo. If I remove the hard drive and switch on the laptop. I get the insert boot disk and press any key screen. I formatted my hard drive and attached it to the laptop again but same result. Please help me.

A:Laptop stuck at hp logo screen

On the Notebook make sure you have a good connection with the HD Drive.

For installing Win XP, you need to install on the Notebook & not on a Desktop.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185695-laptop-stuck-hp-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 93.74%

I am having a problem logging in to this windows XP laptop.
After furthur looking into the this, I pinpoint that the problem lies with the registry issue.
The below is the methods that i have tried.
1. Using last known configuration - Endless Loop of windows XP
2. Enter as safe mode - Blue screen (C0000218) registry issue
3. Using windows XP cd to repair - Before the cd has finish set up, blue screem (0x0000007B)

Please help.

A:Stuck at windows XP logo screen

Download the ISO image for Memtest in my signature, and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn. boot off of the newly created CD and run the tests on the RAM. If you get any errors (red) one of the sticks of RAM needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/stuck-at-windows-xp-logo-screen-638978.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey, I'm having a problem with my hp laptop, I bought it 1 year ago, it asked me to download updates, restarted it and now it dosen't boot up.It shows a hp logo at middle and start up menu Esc at the bottom left. After 30 seconds, it restarts and the same thing occurs again. My model is Hp EliteBook 8470p. I tried hard reset, cleaning the fans, but to no avail. Need help!

A:Hp laptop stuck at hp logo screen.

Hi ,,       Can you get into safe mode of any description ? On start up keep tapping f8 till the Advanced boot options page opens  . Next using arrow keys move down to safe mode with command prompt and hit enter . When command prompt opens type   rstrui.exe  and hit enter . This will take you to System Restore choose the restore point that was created BEFORE you did the updates and let it load . This should take you back to a usable state , When you are prompted to do the updates again try installing them individualy rather than all at the same time . This way you can pinpoint the offending update that is causing the issue . Let me know how you get on    Checkurtech

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Hp-laptop-stuck-at-hp-logo-screen/td-p/3339307
Relevancy 93.74%

I tried to flash drive stuck is at Computer logo screen? on another computer it worked fine but on my desktop it will not If i turn my dektop on without the flash drive it comes up and says Reboot and Select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key If i insert the flash drive it freezes If i start the computer with the flash drive in it wont even get to the screen it freezes at the screen that tells me to press f for this esc for that etc etc This person has the same problem except I dunno if they mentioned it was a boot device on her external drive http www tomshardware com forum - -system-freezes-logo-screen-plugged And I cant boot from Computer is stuck at logo screen? my origonal Hard drive because I believe its gone bad If i start it with that hard drive it says Reboot and select proper boot device its like it doesnt even recognize it which im guessing means its gone bad But it wont freeze with that hard drive but Computer is stuck at logo screen? I also cant do anything Also can it be a virus if so how can i get rid of it Cause even if i unplug that hard drive and put in my thumb drive it still freezes where can the virus be Err I just need some help with this nbsp

Relevancy 92.45%

Hello I have a notebook XP logo screen boot stuck at - No either safe Amilo Pi Windows XP Home bits Until yesterday it was working just fine When I opened it today it just stuck on the black windows logo screen I tried every safe boot but it won t work If I remember correctly at most of them if not all XP stuck at logo screen - No safe boot either it was just a black screen with an underscore on the upper left corner but I could not write anything I tried unsuccessfully the restore point function and to get into the recovery consol Also I tried mini XP and one time would get stuck and the other would get in a wallpaper with no icons and no response I managed to get into the computer with PartedMagic I suspected the hard disk since it had some problems but it was generally ok I run GSmartControl now and it had BASIC HEALTH CHECK PASSED although there were some errors I am not sure if it has to do anything with a brief - sec- power loss yesterday night Although it restarted normally after this Another problem is I have forgotten the windows xp cd far away from my current location and if I remember I need to have this exact cd for a repair installation because a the xp serial number is erased and b it includes some drives that normal installation cds do not have and I d have to do slipstreaming or sth like that I wrote too much I think Anyway if you need any more info please ask for it Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 92.45%

Hey guys so ive been having this problem for about days now and its soooo frustrating now So when i try to start up my computer now it gets stuck on the blue windows logo with the loading dots But before this it wouldnt shut down so i held down logo 10 at Trouble screen windows stuck with the power button on my case to turn it off and now it gets stuck on the loading windows thing I have tried to do a automatic repair but it says it cant repair it And sometimes it will boot in to windows but Now it wont Ive tried using my windows usb stuck but it seems to be loading slowly aswell Specs are Intel core i Asus gtx ti gigs or ram tb hdd i have of them Asrock h m anniversary motherboardAnd a watts psuWindows edited by moderator Really I'm not sure why spam links are snuck in The site's set up so there's no SEO boost when they try -Razor

A:Trouble with windows 10 stuck at logo screen

Lets see if we can get it to boot, with this.Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Editionhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/System...http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-re...Screenshot ( SS )http://i.imgur.com/c9viJO4.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/DdozUxq.gifLazesoft Recovery Suite Home Edition video tutorialhttps://vimeo.com/106789683

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/trouble-with-windows-10-stuck-at-logo-screen/602.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Can't even boot in safe mode or the repair mode or from the Windows installation disk always gets stuck at the Windows logo screen where it says quot Windows Starting quot When trying to boot normal I get the quot reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device quot error The only way I can get past this error is by rebooting and going into and exiting the BIOS without changing any settings at all weird Then once I get past the error the computer hangs on at Win logo screen I dont get this error when booting from the DVD The computer does not halt Windows Screen Boot 7 - At Stuck Logo Win Can't though the animation of the windows symbol keeps going Can't Boot Windows 7 - Stuck At Win Logo Screen So far the only things I have done are remove all my USB devices except for the keyboard and disabled the hardware in the BIOS that I don't need for booting I have disabled the hard drive when trying to boot from disk and disabled the optical drives when trying to boot from the hard drive but still gets stuck at the screen either way Any suggestions would be appreciated

A:Can't Boot Windows 7 - Stuck At Win Logo Screen

ISSUE RESOLVED

While I was moving the CMOS jumpers around to clear the BIOS settings, I unplugged my DVD burner (this had been disabled in the BIOS for a while) because it had started having issues being detected by the computer. When I set my BIOS settings back up, the pc was still hanging at the logo screen. I rebooted and tried to boot into the repair console......and it worked. I did a system restore and now everything is up and running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/191452-cant-boot-windows-7-stuck-win-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 92.45%

hey everyone,
the other night while i was updating my ipod my chair broke and i fell right on my butt!!
i hit my elbow pretty hard on the pc box and ever since it has been getting stuck on the logo screen and not booting up except for in safe mode.
i dont know what to do or how to fix this so i am hoping someone could please help me?
i would really appreciate it.
thank you,
jeff
ps: all my specs are in another thread on here so i will find it and post them...

A:[SOLVED] xp getting stuck on windows logo screen

M2N-E

AMD Live!™ Ready
- NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP
- ASUS Fanless Design:Heat-pipe Thermal solution
- 8-CH High Definition Audio
- ASUS Crystal Sound
- Noise Filter
- AI Gear
- AI Nap
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS3

Specifications

CPU Support AMD® Socket AM2+/ AM2 Phenom FX(2000MT/s)/Phenom(2000MT/s)/ Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64/ Sempron
AMD Cool 'n' Quiet™ Technology
AMD64 architecture enables simultaneous 32-bit and 64-bit computing
AMD Live!™ Ready
Chipset NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP(media and communications processor)
Front Side Bus 2000 / 1600 MT/s
Memory Dual channel memory architecture
4 x 240-pin DIMM, support max. 8GB DDR2 800/667/533 ECC and non-ECC, un-buffered memory
*When installing total memory of 4GB capacity or more, Windows 32-bit operation system may only recognize less than 3GB. Hence, a total installed memory of less than 3GB is recommended.
Expansion Slots 1 x PCI Express x16 slot
1 x PCI Express x4 slot
2 x PCI Express x1
3 x PCI 2.2

Storage NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP supports:
- 1 x Ultra DMA 133 / 100 / 66 / 33
- 6 x Serial ATA 3.0Gb/s
- NVIDIA MediaShield™ RAID supports RAID 0, 1, 0+1, 5 and JBOD span cross Serial ATA drives

LAN NVIDIA nForce® 570 Ultra™ MCP built-in Gigabit MAC with external Marvell PHY
Audio ADI 1988 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
Support Jack-Sensing, Enumeration, Multi-streaming and Jack-Retasking
S/PDIF out on back I/O port

USB Max.10 USB2.0/1.1 ports
ASUS Unique Features AI Nap
AI Gear
Advanced Thermal Design:
- ASUS Fanless Design:Heat-pipe Thermal solution
ASUS Crystal Sound:
- Noise Filter
Overclocking Features Intelligent overclocking tools:
- ASUS AI NOS™ (Non-delay Overclocking System)
- AI Overclocking (intelligent CPU frequency tuner)
- ASUS PEG Link (automatically performance tuning)
ASUS O.C. Profile: overclocking configuration-sharing tool
Precision Tweaker:
- vDIMM: 4-step DRAM voltage control
- vCore: Adjustable CPU voltage at 0.0125V increment
- Stepless Frequency Selection (SFS): allowing FSB tuning from 200MHz up to 400MHz at 1MHz increment
- PCI Express x16 Frequency from 100MHz up to 200MHz at 1 MHz increment
Overclocking Protection:
- ASUS C.P.R.(CPU Parameter Recall)
ASUS AI Booster Utility
Adjustable FSB frequencies with fixed PCI/PCI Express frequencies

Other ASUS Special Features ASUS EZ DIY:
-ASUS CrashFree BIOS3
-ASUS EZ Flash2
ASUS Music Alarm

Back Panel I/O Ports 1 x PS/2 Keyboard port(purple)
1 x PS/2 Mouse (green)
1 x Coaxial S/PDIF Out port
1 x LAN (RJ45) port
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x COM port
8-channel Audio ports
Internal I/O Connectors 3 x USB 2.0 connectors support additional 6 USB 2.0 ports
1 x Floppy disk drive connector
1 x IDE connector for two devices
6 x SATA connectors
1 x CPU / 4 x Chassis / 1 x Power Fan connectors
1 x ADH connector
1 x Parallel connector
Chassis Intrusion connector
Front Panel Audio connector
1x S/PDIF output connector
CD audio in
24-pin ATX Power connector
System panel connector
4-pin ATX 12V Power connector
BIOS 4Mb AWARD BIOS, PnP, DMI, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 2.3
Manageability WOL by PME, WOR by PME, Wake on Wireless LAN, Chasis Intrusion, PXE
Accessories 1 x Floppy disk drive cable
1 x UltraDMA 133/100/66 cable
4 x SATA cables
2 x SATA power cable for 4 devices
1 x I/O Shield
User's manual
Support Disc Drivers
ASUS PC Probe II
ASUS Update
ASUS AI Booster
NVIDIA MediaShield™ RAID
Anti-virus software (OEM version)

Form Factor ATX Form Factor, 12"x 9.6" (30.5cm x 24.5cm)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-xp-getting-stuck-on-windows-logo-screen-378498.html
Relevancy 92.45%

okay so I can't figure out why this half message alert thing is always stuck on the screen. anyone out there know how I can get rid of it? It remains even after restarting/powering off the computer and I've searched with google without finding any useful results. this is what it looks like:

its in the bottom right with the half exposed message about creative I'm assuming. this logo is always visible, when programs are open and it always stays on top, (except with fullscreen video, those types of applications). I don't know when it popped up, this is on my parents brand new computer and they're frustrated this type of thing happens within the first 2 weeks of them having it. Help/input would be greatly appreciated!

A:message logo stuck on screen...permanantly

Have a look in the Msconfig - startup tab. Untick anything that relates to creative and reboot or log off.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/message-logo-stuck-on-screen-permanantly.962143/
Relevancy 92.45%

Last night I had a BSOD, and after that happend this problem occures everytime I try to start the PC.
I have tried to start in safe mode, this does not work.
I have tried running repair windows program, which gets to the Loading Files screen and after that the screen goes black and nothing happends.

A:Computer stuck on windows logo screen

On the Starting Windows screen I noticed that the computer freezes multiple times

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/287505-computer-stuck-windows-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I have a done a factory reset on a Toshiba Satellite P850 which I previously upgraded to Windows 10 last year through the free upgrade program. I am now trying to reinstall Win 10 but the laptop is stuck at the Toshiba Leading Innovation screen. I have tried using the F keys including F2 and F12 but no key presses are working at all except for the Caps Lock and Num Lock keys. I have also tried unplugging all external peripherals and removing the battery but to no avail.

Is there any way to unfreeze the laptop?

A:Setup stuck at Toshiba Logo Screen

Can you get to the BIOS before the Windows boot manager takes over? If so, you can boot to a repair USB flash stick and try all kinds of repairs. If you have access to another PC on which to build such a thing, you'll find this tutorial invaluable: Recovery Drive - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums.
HTH,
--Ed--

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/70013-setup-stuck-toshiba-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi everyone When I run sfc scannow I get to see quot this process will take some time quot and a blinking cursor whereupon absolutely nothing happens this screen stays on forever My Lenovo Y won't boot into win anymore all of a sudden and after puzzling around for several hours now I'm close to despair The laptop freezes at the windows logo screen so pretty much at the beginning of booting Laptop won't boot into safe mode BIOS reset didn't work out only working option is quot repair your computer quot from where I'm able to run command prompt sfc stuck logo on win7 screen | /scannow run won't However sfc scannow seems to freeze go on forever I have a Lenovo Y with TB HDD amp GB SSD system installed When I run CHKDSK on the SSD it also freezes in stage at no error warning the screen just sfc /scannow won't run | stuck on win7 logo screen stays on forever When I boot from a rescue disk however I'm able to access sfc /scannow won't run | stuck on win7 logo screen all the files on the SSD without any errors I've added a picture of the sfc scannow process where I'm stuck Looking forward to some advice Kind regards Steven

A:sfc /scannow won't run | stuck on win7 logo screen

Hello and welcome Steven mate did you make a repair disk when you first installed the machine or have you still got the installation media? If so take a look at this.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot &
Startup Repair < if possible or even this might be the way to go - hope you have data backed up
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/371362-sfc-scannow-wont-run-stuck-win7-logo-screen.html
Relevancy 92.45%

I have a T450s, bought it one and half years ago. I rarely turn off the laptop, mostly just close the screen. I guess it just goes to sleep.About two weeks ago, I opened the screen, it stuck at the logo screen, sometimes passed the logo screen, but still stuck at a totally blanked black screen. It's been all the same ever since. I'm very busy with work lately, so i've been using my work loptop for everything. Now I want to get this fixed. Does anyone have the same issue that can help me? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/T450s-stuck-at-Lenovo-Logo-screen/td-p/3451482
Relevancy 92.45%

I m stuck in a never-ending loop in the Windows XP Boot Screen with the Logo and the Logo XP Stuck Screen on Windows Boot Blue Progress Bar Whenever I boot into it I get stuck in it No the computer doesn t restart it just stays there I think what may have caused it is when I tried to Hibernate my computer it hanged so I powered it down by holding the power button for seconds The thing is though is that I ve done this a LOT of times on my old computer and never had any problems I turn it back on to find that I m now stuck in the loop I ve tried Stuck on Windows XP Logo Boot Screen System Restore Points that took about hour each chkdsk f v HDD Regenerator unplugging peripherals uninstalling my Graphics Driver Network Card Drivers and NICs used the Repair option from my Windows XP disc used SpinRite Level and a few more I can t remember none of them worked I also have UBCD Win and Hiren s Boot Disk Ever since I ve done the Repair I can t get into Safe Mode any more saying that quot Windows XP Setup can t be started under Safe Mode The Setup will now restart quot After I click OK the computer restarts so a bit of a problem there Would appreciate any help Post your thoughts whatever A little contribution could go a long way

A:Stuck on Windows XP Logo Boot Screen

You could try running the fixmbr command from the Recovery Console of the XP install CD.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257523/stuck-on-windows-xp-logo-boot-screen/
Relevancy 92.45%

If anyone can help me it would be heaven sent. I have a Compaq Presario V6171CL laptop. it was running really slow when I got home yesterday so I restarted it. Now if I try to boot in normal mode it goes to the windows logo screen with the blue bar running over and over. If I try to boot in safe mode it goes to the drivers\mup.sys adn stays there. trying to boot from the cd it says setup is starting windows and stays. I ran a harddrive test and it came back as passed. Any suggestions?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-laptop-stuck-at-windows-logo-screen-215803.html
Relevancy 92.45%

MORNING ALL nbsp I am trying to fix a laptop for my mother she was given a Notebook hp for Christmas a couple year ago and it had windows She hated it and found it very confusing But so as not to upset my sister in law wouldnt change it in any way ie upgrading to Windows So now that her desktop computer ha totally died she is having to use this one She asked me to upgrade it to windows because it looks like and she understands that one So I went to download windows and got all ON STUCK SCREEN HP AFTER UPGRADE HP 10 WIN LOGO LAPTOP the way through it up to the point of were it said Your PC will shut down many times through this install It was but finally I had to crash at am So I left it to do what HP LAPTOP STUCK ON HP LOGO SCREEN AFTER WIN 10 UPGRADE it needed to This morning it is stuck on a screen that just shows HP logo in the center no esc buttons no nothing nbsp nbsp Did the install fail and how can I get past this screen nbsp thanks nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-LAPTOP-STUCK-ON-HP-LOGO-SCREEN-AFTER-WIN-10-UPGRADE/td-p/5802005
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi, So I have windows XP and when I boot up, it shows the black screen with the little loading bar animation. After that it loads up a blue screen with the windows xp logo thing (the attatchment is a pic of it) and it just sits on that screen. If I leave it on that screen it will sit there all day and do nothing.
Does anybody have any idea what the problem could possibly be?? And how do I fix it?
Thanks!

-David

A:XP won't start.. Stuck on blue screen with logo. Please Help! :/

Whoops, I forgot to add the attatchment.. here it is:
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/3492/pictureng.jpg

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-wont-start-stuck-on-blue-screen-with-logo-please-help.954609/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi So last night I was downloading the Windows update and I had to clear space for it I am not sure if accidentally deleted major files or what but now my computer will not load past the HP logo screen It did shut down during the middle of the update and I haven't been able to fix it since This is one with a sealed battery so it will not allow me to take the battery out I have tried a manual restart and that does not help The computer turns on and off It gets to the hp stays there for a minute then turns off and restarts to the logo screen I have ran the diagonostic test and eveyrthing came back passed I can also get to the blue screen by pressing f and have the screen stuck on notebook Stream HP logo HP advanced options When I try to reset it to factory it goes to and then says there was a problem with this reset I have also HP Stream notebook stuck on HP logo screen tried to do the comand prompt and when i click on it i am prompted to selecet a user and it has my account I click HP Stream notebook stuck on HP logo screen my account name and it brings me to a black box saying Adminstration when I hit enter it just then says another line of adminstration I have also tried running the self repair and it says this can not be repaired Do I have any options I am not sure what to do I have only had this computer about weeks

A:HP Stream notebook stuck on HP logo screen

Hi, You can still do a hard reset even with a sealed battey. Just unplug the AC adaptor then press and hold the power button for 15 secs then plug the charger back again. Cheers!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Stream-notebook-stuck-on-HP-logo-screen/td-p/5771497
Relevancy 92.45%

I re-imaged from the image on the hard drive partition and all went well until it hung on the logo screen with the words please wait. I tried to go into the safe mode, safe mode with command prompt or any other boot option and it tells me they are not installed. If this helps before the re-image the pc lost all internet connections so I open the internet netowrk folder and nothing there. So I do and ipconfig and it shows a connection. So I decide to do a Systems restore and it's lock out ?? Then I try a virus scan and that utilty is lock out ??? So I decide to do the re-image and all goes well until it locks on the logo screen, with please wait??? Pulling my hair out on this one. Does any one think it might be a boot sector virus or something in the BIOS or CMOS??? HELP

A:[SOLVED] HP with xp media is stuck on the logo screen

It's not a virus, but probably bad sectors on the recovery partition.
Download ISO image for Seatools in my signature and burn the image to CD with IMGBurn also in my signature. Boot off of the newly created CD and run the short and long tests on the drive. If either fails, the HDD needs to be replaced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-hp-with-xp-media-is-stuck-on-the-logo-screen-648694.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi I tried to install a wireless router last weekend and have subsequently caused a fault on my PC which now continually restarts when it reaches PC stuck loop screen logo restart XP at in the XP logo screen Not knowing what to do I Initially I PC stuck in restart loop at XP logo screen tried installing XP again on a different partition the E drive For info my hard drive is divided into three partitions PC stuck in restart loop at XP logo screen - C D amp E This E drive copy of XP boots and loads ok and allows me to access my photos and files but obviously none of the programs on the C drive original XP installation will load from E Having managed to obtain an XP boot disk I then tried using the Windows XP Recovery Console and have successfully run fixboot and fixmbr at the faulty C drive but the problem still remains I d be extremely grateful for any help fixing this problem my PC spec is as follows Maxdata Intel PentiumD Dual Core Intel Pentium D GHz MB DDR Memory GB SATA II Hard Drive RPM Windows XP Home Edition installed SP Thanks in advance for any assistance Mike PC stuck in restart loop at XP logo screen nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-stuck-in-restart-loop-at-xp-logo-screen.1045895/
Relevancy 92.45%

one day I was on my computer when the power went off in my apartment shutting everything off including my computer, when I turned it back on, my computer stays at the logo screen and does nothing. Can someone help. Thank You :)

A:Computer is stuck on WinXP logo screen.

Can you go into Safe Mode? How about Last Known Good Configuration?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-is-stuck-on-winxp-logo-screen-364744.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Opened my Inspiron ultrabook today and as it booted up it has been stuck on the black screen with a dell logo. Worked fine the other day and I'm not sure what the problem is. Any help please?

A:Inspiron ultrabook stuck at dell logo screen

Hi Minelson,
To assist you further with this issue, I would request you to help me with the system model and the Operating system installed on the computer. In case you have windows 8 installed, you can try the following steps. 1. Restart the laptop and start tapping the F2 key at the Dell logo for enter the BIOS. 2. Navigate to the “Advanced” menu. 3. Change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from Intel Smart Response to AHCI. 4. Press F10 to save changes and exit. 5. Reboot the system. 6. Go back into the BIOS by tapping the F2 key and change the SATA operation/selection in BIOS from AHCI to Intel Smart Response. 7. Save changes and exit by pressing the F10 key. 8. Reboot the system and it should boot normally into Windows. In case the above steps don’t fix the issue, run the Pre-Boot System Assessment (PSA / ePSA) Diagnostics. Run the test and check if gives any error code. Note down the error code and update me with the same, would let you know the next course of action. Please write back, would be glad to assist you further.  

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19481127
Relevancy 90.73%

I was having problems with my Live messenger and tried out these suggestions Download and install SubInACL by clicking the link here Click on Download and Run to install the application Choose the default path where the application will be installed C Program Files Windows Resource Kits Tools Click Install Now to proceed with installation gets blue logo screen xp won't stuck boot, on Computer windows Copy the attached file into the C Program Files Windows Resource Kits Tools folder Rename the file as reset bat Click on Start and RUN and type Computer won't boot, gets stuck on blue windows xp logo screen in CMD Computer won't boot, gets stuck on blue windows xp logo screen to open the command prompt window Type in the following commands hitting ENTER after each CD CD C Program files Windows Resource Kits Tools RESET You will see a bunch of things happening in the command window When the process is complete you will see the cursor back at the prompt C Program Files Windows Resource Kits Tools in the command window Type EXIT and hit Enter to close the command window Reboot the machine and try the next command Click on START and RUN and type in REGSVR windir system msxml dll and hit Enter If it succeeds try to sign into Windows Live Messenger again You can get Windows Live Messenger from http get live com messenger overview The command file I used called reset bat contained subinacl subkeyreg HKEY LOCAL MACHINE grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CURRENT USER grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CLASSES ROOT grant administrators f subinacl subdirectories SystemDrive grant administrators f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY LOCAL MACHINE grant system f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CURRENT USER grant system f subinacl subkeyreg HKEY CLASSES ROOT grant system f subinacl subdirectories SystemDrive grant system f Now whenever I boot my pc it gets stuck on the windows xp logo splash screen I was only changing permissions but now I cannot do anything on there The same thing happens when I boot in safe mode and from last know good configuration Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this Thanks Tom

A:Computer won't boot, gets stuck on blue windows xp logo screen

do a system restore to before you made the changes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-wont-boot-gets-stuck-on-blue-windows-xp-logo-screen-249458.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello I ve been reading many posts of people having similar problems on Google for the past days but no success for myself Basically my mother and sister tried using the computer yesterday morning while I was out They said advise screen at PC boot please mobo info logo) stuck (after it froze and so they tried restarting it but while restarting it simply hangs at the screen after the PC stuck at boot info screen (after mobo logo) please advise initial motherboard logo screen It shows my hard drives and PCI Listing information etc in white writing on a black background I can access the BIOS and boot method like if I wanted to boot from floppy etc but I cannot access advanced boot options so I can go into safe mode it wont get that far just freezes I cannot do a reinstall of windows as I dont have a disk or key I have replaced the cmos battery and restored it from BIOS without any luck it still hangs All I want to do now is jut get to adv boot options for safe mode but it just freezes I ve also swapped ram around etc so its not that I can see from the BIOS the CPU is fine also aswell as my video card Any help would be greatly appreciated I need this sorting as soon as possible as I work and receive my income through this computer allot of important files Thanks Malli nbsp

A:PC stuck at boot info screen (after mobo logo) please advise

Just an update, I'm back from college, and basically I was able to get an xp disk. Anyway I put it in computer and pressed f12 to choose to boot from the CD/DVD drive, and all it did was hang at the same screen again with the error message:

"A disk read error occurred
Press ctrl+apt+del to restart"

Also even if I just leave it to boot normal, it says the exact same thing "A disk read error occured". They checked the disk at college to see if it worked and it did so the disk read error isn't the disk, its almost as if it's just totally ignored the disk boot? I'm confused now, if I can't boot from a disk then that rules out Linux too I guess.

Malli.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-stuck-at-boot-info-screen-after-mobo-logo-please-advise.998450/
Relevancy 90.73%

I have had this issue for a while but didn't decide to address it until now since essentially I still have a perfectly working OS. About half the time I have to reboot for Windows updates or whatnot I get stuck either on the "Shutdown" phase where it shows "shutting down" with the spinner going on infinitely or It goes through the shut down and restarts and gets stuck on the Windows logo. On both occasions I simply give the computer a hard reboot to which it usually boots up. Sometimes I have to do it more than once. Anybody have any idea what the issues could be? All help is appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Half the time I get stuck on Windows logo screen on restarts

You may have some damaged or corrupt system files. Try running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If problems are found, run the scan 3 times and reboot the computer after each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

If that doesn't fix things, one of the Forum experts prepared these troubleshooting guides.

Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/269445-half-time-i-get-stuck-windows-logo-screen-restarts.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello friends,
I have tried to update my Lumia 930 (which was already nicely running Windows 10) to its latest Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update and got stuck on the logo screen for indefinitely long time.
The update seem to have proceeded smoothly until the device restarts and displays the blue logo and then stuck there for ages.
Tried to factory reset and it ran the reset and then again stuck at the logo screen forever. The Device Recovery Tool is helpless as it cannot establish a USB connection with the device.
Goddamn, I should've never tried the damn Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update.
Updating Windows 10 Mobile is always very painful and extremely risky, no idea why Microsoft cannot engineer a proper update in 2016.
Any help guys? :'(

A:Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update Stuck on logo screen forever

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hello friends,
I have tried to update my Lumia 930 (which was already nicely running Windows 10) to its latest Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update and got stuck on the logo screen for indefinitely long time.
The update seem to have proceeded smoothly until the device restarts and displays the blue logo and then stuck there for ages.
Tried to factory reset and it ran the reset and then again stuck at the logo screen forever. The Device Recovery Tool is helpless as it cannot establish a USB connection with the device.
Goddamn, I should've never tried the damn Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update.
Updating Windows 10 Mobile is always very painful and extremely risky, no idea why Microsoft cannot engineer a proper update in 2016.
Any help guys? :'( try a different cable for wdrt and maybe a different USB port too
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438413-windows-10-mobile-anniversary-update-stuck-logo-screen-forever.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi guys iv just encountered a weird problem with my graphics card im currently running x logo screen loading 7 at boot SLI stuck ? graphics card Windows GT in sli mode now the issue im getting is when i boot my computer and when the windows logo appears it will load for abit then freeze or go black screen now funny thing is my actually windows computer still loads fine because i can here the tone when you come to enter your password so i enter it then i here another tone logging in but on my screen monitor im still stuck at the windows Windows 7 logo stuck at boot loading screen graphics card SLI ? logo screen or black screen now iv been running sli for a few years and for some odd reason today it started giving me these issues ok things iv done is i tested each graphics card by themselves without sli and work fine iv tried both cards in the top pci slot and the bottom pci slot works fine just can't have of them in sli or i get the issue as mentioned above other things iv tried also is reset my bios settings done nothing iv have even the latest drivers installed so im really confused to as why its not working well the computer loads but i get stuck at the loading windows logo screen upon boot up can anyone shred some light on this issue and give me some solution to this problem really appreciate it cheers P

A:Windows 7 logo stuck at boot loading screen graphics card SLI ?

Please complete/update your pc specs, so we can help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/267762-windows-7-logo-stuck-boot-loading-screen-graphics-card-sli.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have a Compaq Presario SR1810NX with Windows XP, it's about 4 years old - never had any problems.
The last time I turned it off, I just unplugged it.

Then the next time, when I turned on my computer it showed
" Windows Error Recovery: Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. "

I chose, "Previous Start up (the one that worked for you last time)"

When I pressed it, it went back to the COMPAQ screen with logo.

Now, my computer is stuck at the start up screen with only the COMPAQ logo.
The keyboard doesn't work - I can't press anything (I've tried ESC, F8 - nothing happens).

Please help me. What do I do??

A:Help! Stuck at screen logo, keyboard doesn't work, won't boot into Windows.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-stuck-at-screen-logo-keyboard-doesnt-work-wont-boot-into-windows.969220/
Relevancy 86.86%

When I was on my laptop, my screen suddenly became black. And now when I try to startup my laptop, it first asks if I want to do the startup repair or just start normally.
But when I choose startup repair, it just loads and then my screen blacks out again. And when I select start windows normally. The normal windows logo appears, but then a BSOD flashes and then my screen goes black again. It doesn't shut down or anything. My screen just stays black.

What should I do?

A:After startup logo, screen goes black

Oh, it's just restarting after that. So I'm stuck in a loop, can anybody help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/340207-after-startup-logo-screen-goes-black.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I was recently trying to get men of valor demo to work. I was changing bios setting to diffrent speeds. Now when I reboot or turn my machine on bios asus logo apperans fine , bios is fine, when xp logo is fine, the a black screen appears where the desktop should show up, mouse arrow and black screens is all that shows. help.

9800 redeon pro 128 mb
ASUS A7N8X deluxe
2 stacks 512 kingston 3200 slot 1, crosshair 3200 slot 3
samsung 80 gb hd
w digital 40 bg hd slave

A:black screen after xp logo on startup

Try these..

1. You might have over clocked the bios too much. Try lowering the speed. Or loading the bios default settings.

2. RAM is loose. Take out and firmly reseat your ram chips. Ram or memory is often a picky creature.

3. Have your tried letting windows XP boot for several minutes while showing the black screen. Say 10 minutes or so?

4. Can you boot into safe mode?

- barfarf

Good luck and please lets us know what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-xp-logo-on-startup.39722/
Relevancy 86%

Hello

I re-started my PC yesterday and when i did it got stuck at a black screen with a movable white curser, It just sits there right after the Windows/Blue bar at the bottom. I have went into the F8 funtion and tried every mode on there to no avail. I have booted into safe mode but again it just goes to a black screen with Safe Mode in each corner and system info across the top and I still can't access my desktop. I don't have a XP CD so can't re-start using that. What can I do as I have important files on that PC. Any help?

Regards
Steve

A:XP stuck at black screen

What brand is your computer? If it's from a major manufacturer, you should be able to order the recover CDs from them for a small price. Check into that.

First step will be to get your data. There are two main methods of getting your it:

1. Live Boot Disk:

If your going to do the live boot method, I'd recommend Ubuntu or some Linux build. The Ubuntu site can be found here Download | Ubuntu . Once you've downloaded the OS, you'll have to burn it to a disk using a disk burning utility like ImgBurn. After which you simply put it into the disk drive on the system your needing the data from, boot it up, and boot from CD. It will then give you an option to either perform a Live Disk test or install the OS itself.

If you'd like to, you could instal it and then have it access the data that way, but it's more preferred that you just use the live disk option to run it directly from the disk to get to your data. Once you locate your files that you want, get a USB drive/Floppy/whatever and put them on it. Once you've gotten your files, you can get out of the OS your using and do a clean wipe of the system for a new OS to be installed.

2. Hard drive to other machine:

This will require a few tools to do, but can often times be easier to do.

You'll need an IDE/SATA to USB cable/adapter in order to achieve this easier. You could always plug it straight into any other ports your other machine has available, but this method is probably the better way to go.

You can get a cable/adapter by going to most computer parts/repair stores, like this one here:

Newegg.com - VANTEC CB-ISATAU2 SATA/IDE to USB 2.0 Adapter

They are usually within 20-30 USD ( United States Dollars ), so they aren't very expensive.

Once you get one, you simply remove the drive, plug it into the adapter, and plug the adapter into the other machine to get the data off of it. Once you've done that, you put the drive back into the old machine, wipe it, and prepare it for a new OS install.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-stuck-at-black-screen-566893.html
Relevancy 86%

hello i have hp g62 notebook pc and it its stuck at black screen after start up. i try to remove the battery and holding the power button up to 2mins and restart it but nothing happen. what i should do. please help me

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/stuck-at-black-screen/td-p/5668129
Relevancy 86%

I have a cheap Toshiba Satellite A -S running Vista Home Premium I have screen/ on welcome black stuck had it for a little over a year and mainly use it for surfing amp MS Word Today I logged on not even minutes black screen/ stuck on welcome after I logged on I got the blue screen of death I didn t catch the code At this point it dumps restarts and I have the option to quot start normally quot or quot repair quot I chose repair and get a black screen I power down wait turn it on choose quot start normally quot black screen again Turn it off for a few hrs same process with quot repair quot as an option It runs for hrs and finally I get a blurb about how it cannot be repaired During repair mode it was making odd noises and beeps not too sure if this is normal It auto restarts and gets stuck in the password screen then again at the welcome screen It will go to the desktop but when I opened the task manager I get an error dwm exe and it restarts I have it in safe mode not touching it and it beeped ARRRRGGG Any ideas I don t know if it s hardware software or some kind of virus nbsp

A:black screen/ stuck on welcome

could just be a corrupted windows install, or it could be a hardware problem possibly RAM related.

I would suggest going to visit your neighborhood computer repair shop and ask for free diagnostics.

F8 brings up a boot menu with more options If you want to mess around and try to fix it your self.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-stuck-on-welcome.853839/
Relevancy 86%

im stuck with blue bars at the upper left edge of the screen and i cant get to the login screen !!!!

A:black screen stuck

Not enough detail. Please provide more detail and possibly a pic or a video.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/148397-black-screen-stuck.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi
I have a packard bell easynote laptop runnig windows vista. well not anymore. I can turn the computer on fine, however when I get to the point when I should see the login screen, I only get a black screen with the mouse pointer, then after a few seconds the computer reboots. Tried rebooting in safe mode and got the same screen and rebooting. Currently running a memory diagnostic, but it's been stuck on 21% on the first pass for half an hour.
Only other things I can tell you is power output is 19V 3.42A LPS 65W
Thanks
Martin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/stuck-on-black-screen-368677.html
Relevancy 86%

A black screen keeps coming on after the windows startup logo. When I disable my IntelhHD graphic driver everything goes normal, but with it it won't let me use regular mode except safe mode.
It would be grateful if you guys could help me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/380178-black-screen-after-windows-startup-logo.html
Relevancy 85.14%

After a power outage weeks ago I was having issues with the system going down at around minutes and then less and less time after that I was told it was a display issue Stuck classpnp.sys on stuck screen, safe Windows splash on mode and to uninstall and reinstall my display drivers I uninstalled my drivers and it was still the same I felt like it was temperature related I found my graphics card Radeon was dirty I cleaned it and thought I was back in business Everything was back to normal all I needed to do was update my graphics drivers Once that was done my computer would no longer load past the Windows splash screen I used Puppy Linux on a flash drive and I have access to everything I can use the internet and access all my files This to me says that it is not a hardware issue The fact that when I try to go into safe mode it gets stuck for more than a day on classpnp sys when I finally give up I understand that classpnp sys has Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys loaded but there Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys is something after that that the computer can't load I have Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys seen some people have atipcie sys load after classpnp sys and it makes sense to me that it would be a graphics driver that is causing the issue I need my Windows up and running for school and work projects Any ideas thoughts or help would be greatly appreciated

A:Stuck on Windows splash screen, safe mode stuck on classpnp.sys

Hi ,
Follow this tutorial to run SFC /Scannow at boot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
If you want to run the command from a USB drive follow this tutorial.
Boot Windows 7 System Repair Disc from USB Using Grub4Dos
And apply it to the first link instead of the ERD (Emergency Repair CD).

Generally a good tutorial to read.
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/303393-stuck-windows-splash-screen-safe-mode-stuck-classpnp-sys.html
Relevancy 85.14%

hello
sometimes my windows stuck and only hard reset help.
i saw in windows history crushed logs that "Service_KMS.exe" stop working
what i need to do?
(win 7)

A:PC crash to black screen and stuck

More info:

Every day in mid-action screen goes completely black and only hard reset releases the computer (pc stuck).

Another problem might be related to:
Last week, every time I went into a direct download of a file download from the Internet is not downloading, is showing the sign of the loading and load a long time and end up without downloading anything.
files like bluescreenview.exe in this forum download center or something like that...

(This is true for all browsers, IE, Firefox, and Chrome - and checked properly downloaded from the download link on another computer and its working good).

what did I do:
I was looking for viruses using NOD32 - not found
I was looking for spyware using malwarbytes anti-malware home - not found
I updated drivers and audio screen.

I entered history Crashes windows and saw I got the black screens read:
service_KMS.exe stopped working.

Another problem that calls me that perhaps related to: Sometimes I get "Explore windows has stopped working".

my computer is new.

Thank you friends a good week.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/383977-pc-crash-black-screen-stuck.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I tried putting windows xp on my mac using parallel however it went thought the install and reset itself now it's on a black screen that says tap any key to install, then it says error and there's nothing I can do I can't get the cd out I have tried switching it on and off and it comes back to the same screen I have no idea what to do now.

It's an IMac desktop

Many thanks

Lee

A:[SOLVED] mac stuck on black screen

Did you use BootCamp?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-mac-stuck-on-black-screen-632307.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My computer screen turns on ro a black screen, and thats it, if i leave it on after a while it says something with a loading screen, but it must not be that important because it just goes back to black after, i tried resetting my BIOS, but after the restart it's still a black screen. Please help ASAP, thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Computer-screen-stuck-on-black/td-p/5819642
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello Everyone My mother bought a used pc the other day and asked me to look at it and possably advise her what she needed to update it and get her ready to go online hassel free I looked her pc over and had her buy a hard drive as for it only had a gig other then that everything else looked ok She bought an gig Seagate HD without using my head and reading the instructions I unplugged her pc opend it up and installed the new HD leaving the old gig as it was working and with windows ME as the OS thinking that I would install XP on the new HD and she could use the gig for storage Without running the disk wizard that came with the new HD I even screwed up more I forgot to set the jumpers to make the gig the slave Start On Black Stuck Up Screen and the new the master After putting the pc back together I booted it up the normal black screen appeared displaying the system info but it did not detect either HD or proceed past this black screen then I realized I had screwed up I took the out and put the pc as it was Stuck On Black Start Up Screen before I started booted it up and the black screen appeared and this time detected the gig HD but would not boot up the OS I rebooted several more times still the same I took the gig home to my pc and insatlled Windows XP Home on it took the gig totally out and installed the in place of it hoping this would be the fix still the same black screen and it did detect the gig still nothing further I then learned that her pc being a MHz could not run XP I put second editon on the gig still no luck I am not really sure how bad I have screwed this pc up but I am lost to what to do This is exactly what the black screen says PhoenixBIOS Release Copyright - Phoenix Technologies LTD All Rights Reserved A NT X A P Intel Corporation AN TX Motherboard Serial Number IVAN Pentium Processor with MMX technology MHz K System RAM Passed K Cache SRAM Passed System BIOS shadowed Video BIOS shadowed UMB upper limit segment address F Keyboard Detcted Fixed Disk ST A ATAPI CD-ROM CD- B Press lt F gt to enter SETUP I press lt F gt and it will then say Entering SETUP but it never does anything else The and the gig work perfect in my machine so I know they are good I took and formated the gig back to it origanal blank state and tried running the disk wizard that came with it still nothing I cannot get past this black screen Any and all help with this is greatly appreciated My mom only wants to check e-mail and surf a little so she don t need anything real fast or special and an gig was on a great sale so she got it I would just like to get her up and going again The computer is a CompUSA THANK YOU nbsp

Relevancy 85.14%

Last night the computer froze for about half a second. It then shut down and tried booting itself, shutting down, booting itself, shutting down,booting itself, shutting down....

I then flipped the switch on the psu and left it off over night. On waking up I get thisWhat is wrong with this computer?: What is wrong with this computer? - YouTube

I don't know where to begin. Any ideas?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/62657-stuck-black-screen-boot.html
Relevancy 85.14%

guys, I read most of threads about black screen on windows 8.1 but couldn't resolve my problem

here's the situation:
- i have windows 8.1 for some weeks. every thing works fine
- today after going to sleep mode I can not start windows. it goes to a black screen after windows logo and restarts won't help.
- Tried the 'fixmbr' thing on command prompt from windows startup repair.
- Windows startup repair obviously finds nothing
- tried refreshing pc from startup repair but after a few minutes it said that it has failed refreshing
- Tried forcing windows to go to "safe mode" by using command prompt but the same thing

any solution except formatting and reinstalling windows?
my laptop is a custom CLEVO p150hm1.

A:Stuck on Black screen forever

Since you have a command prompt--well, you need an elevated command prompt--you could try running:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

& sfc /scannow

If you can pull up Task Manager click on File/New task & type in cmd.exe & choose to run it as Administrator.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/45376-stuck-black-screen-forever.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Since last week I´ve been having this problem with my Vista. I start it up and instead of the logon screen as usual I get a gray screen with movable cursor. Tried to wait a few minutes, still stuck. I hard restart it to try safe mode, which turns out to work. I can only boot it this way. System recovery didn´t help, neither did the -load last known good config- option. My antivirus/reg cleaner/antispyware scans just finished, it looks clean.

Any ideas about what causes this or how to fix it? I would like to avoid Win reinstall if not necessary.

A:Stuck at black screen before logon

Maybe go to the run command in Windows and type in "msconfig" ....................... have a look at the startup menu and see if there is anything there that looks suspicious or out of place.

You can deselect anything here say one by one and see if that gets you past the black screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-black-screen-before-logon.882835/
Relevancy 85.14%

HiHaving a bad day a few screen in restore 700 AIO black - now 80% stuck days ago I had windows updates failing but that wasn't too much of a problem because the updates just rolled back and the PC restarted nbsp This morning I got an error popup every time I tried to open documents and programs the error said The instruction at could not be written Sorry I didn't make a note of the error code nbsp I booted into safe mode but the error popup persisted Then when I rebooted the machine the windows updates started but this time instead of rolling back and restarting the screen just went black with active mouse cursor This happened a number of times nbsp I then booted into safe mode again and managed somehow to open file explorer I copied almost a terrabyte of files and settings on to a portable hard drive in readiness to set the PC AIO 700 black screen - now stuck in restore 80% back to factory settings nbsp I then booted into startup options and started a clean reinstall windows The problem is that now the reinstall of Win is stuck at AIO 700 black screen - now stuck in restore 80% with the error code XC A and it is in a loop trying to continue but can't nbsp I need to get this sorted asap as I live in France but bought the PC from the UK There's one AIO 700 black screen - now stuck in restore 80% month of waranty left nbsp Any ideas will be appreciated - I don't have a startup disk nbsp Debbie

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/AIO-700-black-screen-now-stuck-in-restore-80/td-p/3457425
Relevancy 85.14%

When Win pro bits boots up as we all notice there is a second or so when there is a black screen w just your mouse cursor and during Black 7 stuck boot bit up Win 32 Pro, Screen at then you are supposed to see the blue Welcome screen Win 7 Pro, 32 bit stuck at Black Screen during boot up In the past months my computer is stuck at that black screen about times as recent as tonight I've done a clean install w the latest Nvidia driver weeks ago No change It looks like win Pro is stuck there and waiting for something as my hard drive light blink on and off So I would do nothing or sometimes I would disconnect the HDMI port connects to my rd PC Panel see below and I would wait for min or so Then my login logo shows up I click it and I got to windows Now w the normal boot up I don't have that login logo win pro will simply boot up directly to win main screen after I turn on the computer Some said this could be IRQ sensing problem of the video card But so far I have no proof on that way or the other All these started about months ago at or near the same time when the Sharp LED TV technician came to my house and upgraded all the firmware including the firmware that consumers can't download to my Sharp LED LCD TV as the power button wasn't working Then in the past mth every time I turned on my LCD TV which is connected to my computer as the rd screen via a DVI to HDMI cable Win senses this rd panel and the screen went black and back on again This isn't the way it used to be as it WAS NOT SWITCH TO THE HDMI PC PORT My Sharp LCD has HDMI output Tonight for e g I was on Input which is satellite but as soon as I turn on the Sharp LCD win senses this rd screen and the screen do that black screen then back on again w the music charm note This was not the way it used to be in the past yr w this same set up win only went to the black screen and back on when I switch to Input which is PC at x And I don't know if the above is related to the boot up lock up or not

A:Win 7 Pro, 32 bit stuck at Black Screen during boot up

Black screen issues are most often related to corrupted or outdated drivers. It's no longer just the video drivers that are a problem - it can be the storage drivers, the chipset drivers, or even more drivers.

The most likely fix is to update all drivers - but even then it may not fix things for you. I'd suggest trying a monitor driver for the Sharp TV - but have no idea if any are available.

Make sure that you have a System Restore point set (and a bootable System Repair disc) to use if the black screen can't be gotten around using other methods.

FYI - at work (a PC shop) we don't bother to fix black screen problems. We try System Restore. If it doesn't work, we backup the data, wipe the hard drive with DBAN, and then reinstall Windows. In the past we could spend 2 weeks working on a system and still not fix the black screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/237082-win-7-pro-32-bit-stuck-black-screen-during-boot-up.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I hibernated my PC last night windows XP SP and woke up this morning to turn it on Boot up was going fine until I got a blue screen that informed me windows had to shut down to prevent further damage So I held in my power button and shut the pc down Keep in mind my computer was resuming to its previous state the night before when I put it in hibernate So i start my PC now and it goes to a menu with two options that I can select One option is to resume from the previous state where I left off last night the other option is to restart the PC from a normal boot black Stuck at after hibernate. screen and disregard the saved memory from the hibernation Only problem is that my keyboard is not functional at this stage I can enter the BIOS and computer setup just fine with my keyboard right before this stage So how can I get my PC to start up normal again and just clear all memory being held from hibernate Any advice is appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Stuck at black screen after hibernate.

Another good example why I start up and shut down my computers every day and don't use hibernate, standby, suspend, sleep, etc..

It doesn't always work like it's supposed to, and then problems crop up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Is that a USB or PS/2 keyboard, and have you tried a different keyboard?

Have you checked the BIOS settings to make sure the keyboard and USB functions are enabled?

-------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-at-black-screen-after-hibernate.811983/
Relevancy 85.14%

when i restart, it stuck on a black screen with blinking (_) , have to hold power button to shut down and restart back up...any help on this issue?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/windows-10-stuck-on-black-screen-1079801.html
Relevancy 85.14%

UPDATE: I fixed all of that. I'm way past that point - will leave this unsolved in case I have more probs tonight.

new machines scare me.

I tried to restore my laptop, not knowing what I was doing. I got to the screen that affects where it looks when it boots, so it would recognize my disk. got that to work...

but then, I realized I had the wrong disk in, so I took it out.

Now, I'm stuck at "bad command or file name" and I need to know how to get the heck out of this and start over. Rebooting my machine takes me right back to this place.

A:Laptop Stuck on black screen.

Put the right disk in and reboot.you may have to press a key like "del"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stuck-on-black-screen.400734/
Relevancy 85.14%

good day friends from bleepingcomputer com i come to this forum to ask for assistance on my apu desktop i have recently installed a gpu hd on my apu desktop installed a program to check my gpu info cpu-z and reconfigured my bios to allow me to perform a hybrid crossfire after my reconfiguration on a on cursor black screen with stuck the bios my apu desktop booted and continued to perform well just untill it was stuck on a black screen and a white cursor i have read many threads about this black screen and stuck on a black screen with cursor knew that this is maybe due to just causes either hardware issue or software issue i ask for your assistance in pointing where the problem could have started i cannot pinpoint if my issue is wether hardware or software btw i had this error message showing after my apu desktop tried to perform a disk scan replacing invalid security id with default security id for file and it started from up to stuck on a black screen with cursor tried startup repair - failed tried system restore - failed

A:stuck on a black screen with cursor

Have you reverted back to you orginal BIOS setting and tryed just using the 'hd 6450'. I dout a crossfire like this would even give you any more preformace.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529897/stuck-on-a-black-screen-with-cursor/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello everyone, I am trying to fix my computer and getting nowhere. I had ubuntu netbook remix loaded on my netbook and my office needed me to install XP on it. When I created the boot disc and tried installing, I must have hit something or changed some values somewhere because now whenever I try to load an OS from a USB it no longer recognizes the harddrive. It tries to install the OS on the USB I am installing from. I think something may have gone wrong when I was deleting the partitions. How do I get it to detect the HD. Any Ideas? I am pretty new to this stuff so be gentle when explaining whats wrong. I don't know if this helps but here are some present stats on my computer.

Eee PC
2 gb RAM
500 gb HD
Completely Worthless.

Thanks in Advance,

John

Relevancy 85.14%

I've tried installing numerous operating systems including:
Fedora 14 (x86 and 64 bit)
Ubuntu 9.10 (x86 and 64 bit)
Windows 7 (64 bit)

the issue is the box stops at a black screen with a blinking cursor (linux) or the windows 7 loading screen depending on OS.

my parts are as follows:
MSI 890GXM-G65 AM3
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU-650HX
ASUS GeForce GTX 460

The memory passes memtest86+ after 4 hours

I cant seem to isolate the problem down to one part
any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated
i have a hunch that its the power supply not being able to handle everything but cant seem to verify

A:Stuck at black screen during install

I would try removing as many non-essential things from the machine to start with (sound cards, maybe half your RAM, USB devices other than kb+mouse, firewire devices, etc.) Also, you might want to check your bios to see if there's a special setting for memory while installing an OS. I doubt your problem is your powersupply if you can run for 4 hours on a memtest and I doubt it's really the mem if you're not getting any failures. Last thing I'd try is swapping out a video card - I did have an issue once where I'd freeze and couldn't believe it was the video card causing it till I popped that card into another machine and the same thing happened.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stuck-at-black-screen-during-install.166272/
Relevancy 85.14%

Not sure if this comes under Operating System.

When uninstalling a program I was prompted to restart my laptop. I did so, but when I turned on my computer was left on a black screen with a White "_" cursor in the top left corner. My laptop boots the toshiba screen as normal but then stays on this black screen (until I manually turn the laptop off)

I've tried taking the power cord and battery out trick where you then press the power on button but this did not do anything. I can enter the BIOS settings (F2) and it shows my hard drive is connected. (MK1652GSX [S1])
When I try and enter F8 menu it goes back to the black screen.

Really need help (reformatting is not an option). My laptop is Toshiba L300, OS windows vista 32 bit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-a-black-screen-help.968886/
Relevancy 85.14%

I HP Desktop on Screen Stuck Black have an HP Pavilion p y Desktop PC with Windows Yesterday after stepping away from the computer for an extended period of time the computer went into sleep mode I had switched the monitor off before stepping away So when I went back to the computer I got it out HP Desktop Stuck on Black Screen of HP Desktop Stuck on Black Screen sleep mode via the spacebar and turned on the monitor The monitor display popped back in for only a few seconds then it flickered and went black with the message along the lines of quot monitor going to sleep quot The power light went orange and I tried turning HP Desktop Stuck on Black Screen the monitor off then on again or pressing the spacebar but to no avail It s basically like the computer s up and running but the monitor isn t responding So I did a manual shutdown by turning off the tower This has happened before where I can t get the computer to recover from sleep mode and shutting down the computer manually is the only thing that s worked before This time after waiting a few seconds I turned the computer back on I got the standard quot monitor going to sleep quot message with the orange light then nothing So after a few times trying to get the computer back up and running on one attempt I tried moving the mouse around while it booted This resulted in the monitor seeming to be up with the power light blue but only the mouse cursor is on the screen everything else is black This has never happened before I ve tried shutting it down and giving it some time to rest only to boot it up again and the same black screen After doing some research I reset the BIOS I did that successfully resulting in the monitor to go to the quot Windows shut down unexpectedly quot screen I chose to start Windows normally resulting in the Microsoft Windows logo fading into view After getting my hopes up the screen just goes back to black and no normal boot up process I even tried Safe Mode once which resulted in the black screen as well I ve fiddled with the monitor further and have discovered that if I have the monitor in DVI mode it just quot goes to sleep quot with the orange light for a bit then when the blue light pops up it has the black screen If I have the monitor in VGA mode the HP and Windows logos pop up with the Windows unexpectedly shut down screen then it goes to black I ve even tried replacing the monitor with another HP m but the same problem persists making me think it s a hardware problem I m pretty much at my wit s end which brings me to bringing this topic to you guys I ve researched into the sleep problem thinking it s a matter of having the hybrid sleep mode turned on and I d love to turn it off but I can t even get out of the black screen How can I get the computer back up and running normally Thanks a bunch nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-desktop-stuck-on-black-screen.1068295/