Windows Support Forum

lost wifi on network settings

Q: lost wifi on network settings

last downoad of upgrade for windows10 and disappeared

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/lost-wifi-on-network-settings/td-p/5778030
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: lost wifi on network settings

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 68.8%

XPS 14 L1421X keeps losing wifi settings. I see the wifi connection on the W10 logon screen, but once logged in, there is no wifi icon on the taskbar and going in to the network settings, there is no wifi option.
Last time, I plugged in the ethernet cable and wifi showed up and it worked for a few days. Now I can't seem to enable wifi anymore.
Going to roll back to previous build.

A:Lost WiFi settings

None of the drivers installed successfully. I did roll back to the previous version and that did resolve the issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19993103
Relevancy 65.79%

Aspire 1830 (is this right forum?)  During a vacation my laptop suddenly lost WiFi capability.  Settings shows WiFi is ON.  The WiFi light on the front of the laptop indicate WiFi is ON.  But when I try to connect to something the computer sees no available networks. This problem arose just about the time the new Windows 10 update 1607 was installed.  Are others reporting WiFi problems with this Windows update?Networks are available because I can see them with my tablet.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/My-Aspire-1830-suddenly-lost-WiFi-Settings-indicates-it-is-on/td-p/462665
Relevancy 65.79%

Aspire 1830 (is this right forum?)  During a vacation my laptop suddenly lost WiFi capability.  Settings shows WiFi is ON.  The WiFi light on the front of the laptop indicate WiFi is ON.  But when I try to connect to something the computer sees no available networks. This problem arose just about the time the new Windows 10 update 1607 was installed.  Are others reporting WiFi problems with this Windows update?Networks are available because I can see them with my tablet.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/My-Aspire-1830-suddenly-lost-WiFi-Settings-indicates-it-is-on/td-p/462665
Relevancy 65.36%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 65.36%

hi

my daughter has a toshiba l300d on vista, the other day it kept freezing really bad so i put it back to factory settings as ive done a couple of times before,it went through every stage as it should do except it wont connect to our wifi connection,it wont even pick the vonnection up. i have checked all the usual settings and everything seems to be as it should.my daughter is now getting very stroppy being without her laptop(she is 14 and facebook is her life lol).

please can someone help - thanks

A:lost wifi connection after putting laptop back to factory settings

Make sure you have the wireless adapter enabled, it's usually switch on a Toshiba, though it could be a function key sequence.
Hold the Windows key and press R, then type devmgmt.msc

Please respond to all the following steps.
Under Network adapters, please tell me all the devices listed.
Are there any devices under Network adapters that have a red x displayed?
Also, are there any devices anywhere in the Device Manager display with yellow ? or ! displayed?

It would be best if you could post a screen shot of Device Manager with the Network adapters and Other devices sections expanded.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

I'd like to see this as well.

Download and run this Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework. For machines with no Internet connection, download this NET Framework 3.5 Full Package on another machine and transfer it with removable media to the problem machine.
To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.

Note: You can use a wired connection to the computer to download the diagnostic if you can't connect wirelessly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wifi-connection-after-putting-laptop-back-to-factory-settings.942602/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

Lost wifi network on laptop a few weeks ago- cannot locate network at all despite several methods of trouble shooting Other devices in house (smartphone) able to connect. Please help!

Product Info:
Serial number: [personal information removed]
Product number: C2M31UA#ABA

Many Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Lost-Wifi-Network-completely/td-p/5753444
Relevancy 62.78%

hi Guys

I was recently infected with trojan generic 8 and generic 15 and found that i had lost network connection sound and taskbar i use avg free and that has stopped working i have tried to turn on various services,telephony,remote access connection manager and others recommended in the forums with no success (Error1068) I have also tried to reinstall xp and been told that the version of windows i have on the computer is newer than the CD version. I am at a loss to understand what is going on any help please. Broadband router is working fine so I am able to post

John

Relevancy 62.78%

I have read Wikipedia this site other googled things etc etc and I've asked and people have tried to explain the networking routing principles to me thanks but I have trouble knowing what is going on in a practical sense I have a router which was configured to be used with an ISP which I never connected with The ISP I did connect with gave me some settings to enter into the router which connected me ok but the computer firewall would give me messages that some part of it was being blocked from talking to another part I Lost Connection - Settings? Network Again queried the settings with the ISP and the person I spoke to Lost Again - Network Connection Settings? said to change the settings in Windows disabled DHCP put in some addresses - she said it was changing to static from dynamic The settings in the Lost Again - Network Connection Settings? router now don't seem to match up with the settings in Windows My complete ignorance about what Windows is doing what the router is doing etc is again significant because I downloaded Puppy Linux and to set this up Lost Again - Network Connection Settings? to connect to the internet it is talking about all of this stuff that I don't understand I presume that I have to tell Puppy not to use DHCP and to put in the DNS addresses for the ISP the same way the Windows connection is configured but I don't know what it all means Is anybody able to explain this in very basic terms Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/88478/lost-again-network-connection-settings/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi, I was fixing my boss' computer since it was FULL of viruses and spyware, and I started it in safe mode and then restarted it in normal mode, but one major problem... XP LOST THE NETWORK SETTINGS! I can't seem to get it to detect the network anymore! I need help on how to add this computer back onto the network without tearing down the network and building it back up. PLEASE HELP! I love you for it! -Marcus

A:Network settings lost, need help ASAP!

What network setting should it have What did you do to remove the spyware or viruses ?
If you click <start> <connect to> what do you see?

Donie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/network-settings-lost-need-help-asap-159712.html
Relevancy 62.35%

cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting.
and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260.
but i can connect to internet through ethernet.
Please help

A:Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

It's possible that driver is wrong/corrupted, did you try reinstalling it ?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57188-wifi-adapter-missing-network-settings.html
Relevancy 62.35%

cannot see wifi options anywhere in setting.
and my wifif adapter is intel dual band wirless AC 8260.
but i can connect to internet through ethernet.
Please help

A:Wifi adapter missing from network settings.

It's possible that driver is wrong/corrupted, did you try reinstalling it ?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/57188-wifi-adapter-missing-network-settings.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Looking to use wifi connection previously through modem option not available in network settings how do I get started the computer is quite old but indicates that wifi can be used

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/wifi-option-not-coming-up-in-network-settings/712.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi All In my restaurant we currently have a password protected wifi network for customers and staff The load is typically light so it s worked fine Now we re putting in a new cloud-based point of sales system which effectively means that 2nd or WiFi Dedicated settings? network, change QoS I need a totally uninterrupted high quality wireless signal running to the POS terminal in this case an iPad If the terminal is sharing that connection with customers Facebooking on their iPhones I imagine we ll have some signal issues I d rather not install a second network dedicated to the POS terminal Are there any other possible solutions i e a way to give priority to the terminal over other connections A way to quot split quot the existing network Dedicated 2nd WiFi network, or change QoS settings? so only a portion of it is available to customers FYI current network speed is mbs mbs and the POS terminal requires a minimum of mbs Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have Isaac nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

We had new carpet installed yesterday, and it was necessary to disconnect the modem and router for our cable Internet service. Internet has been restored for the two wired computers, but I have no wireless connection for my laptop, wireless printer, or my Galaxy Tab 10.1 tablet. On the Win 7 laptop I do not find our network shown in the list of available networks. In the case of the GT, I find our network "known but not in range." When I try Windows to troubleshoot the printer, nothing is identified. Do I need to delete the printer and reinstall it?

I apologize if I've not provided sufficient information. Please tell me if and what further is needed. I'd appreciate guidance in re-establishing my wireless connections.
Thank you.

A:Lost WiFi whan network shut down

Try resetting your modem, turning it off and on. On my two wire modem, when we got moved some furniture, we had to unplug the router. After that, we started having IP address problems. I just held the reset button for about five seconds, it worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/237828-lost-wifi-whan-network-shut-down.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Vista Home Premium on Sony Vaio laptop.
Changes made to network settings (specifically IPv4, Properties, to get DNS automatically) work fine, but are lost when computer is rebooted or when computer wakes up from sleep.

How can I make the changes permanent? Without the changes I get "local access only". Very frustrating to have to dig into the menus and make the change several times every day!

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi I have a little problem with Vista Business on my computer After a reboot this morning for an AVG blank network access, all is lost IP No iponfig settings, antivirus update I have lost all network connectivity I have trawled the forums without success and No network access, lost all IP settings, iponfig is blank hope that I can No network access, lost all IP settings, iponfig is blank find an answer here Situation is No network access ipconfig and ipconfig all returns no adaptor settings or anything other than host name dns suffix node type ip routing enabled wins proxy and dns suffix search list - no relevent info there adaptors present and drivers ok have also added a further nic and have the same issues I have tried reset on winsock removed the ipv in the registry and the reset the stack nothing also have removed the AVG antivirus rebooted and rebooted - nothing Everything else on the PC is fine I have no restore points oddly despite having created several so really need to understand what is or is not working Had a look at the services and the routing and remote access stops immediately after it is started Does anyone have any ideas as after quite a few hours and a completely unproductive day I am at a loss Many thanks in advance Bruce nbsp

Relevancy 53.75%

Dear Forum nbsp I have not used the forum before and I am not very technically minded I have seen several posts and replies from members who nbsp have been dealing with nbsp a similar problem to me and I believe I nbsp have tried the solutions posted but nothing has worked so far nbsp I have a Compaq Presario CQ - SA Notebook lost 480SA 10 ... - install notebook after CQ57 wifi wifi - Win PC - Model B V EA nbsp I think it was bought in It was running Win and worked properly but I upgraded to Win in July and since then and despite a complete re-install there is no wireless functionality at all no wireless icon etc The physical wireless switch will not do anything except turn 'Airplane mode' on and off I have surfed various websites and the HP site and think that it maybe the wireless adapter but I am not sure I think my wireless adapter is aManufacturer Realtek Semiconductor Corp Description Realtek RTL CE b g n WiFi AdapterDriver version Driver date Physical address - - A- F-DB- DFile version CQ57 480SA notebook - wifi lost after Win 10 install - wifi ... nbsp I downloaded Piriform Speccy to identify my laptop's components in case this helps Operating System - Windows Home -bitCPU - Intel Celeron B GHz nbsp - Sandy Bridge nm TechnologyRAM - GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard - Hewlett-Packard CPU Graphics - Generic PnP Monitor x Hz Intel HD Graphics HP Storage - GB Seagate ST LM HN-M MBB SATA Optical Drives - hp DVDRAM GT NAudio - Realtek High Definition Audio nbsp Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated nbsp Best Regards nbsp - Renard

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/CQ57-480SA-notebook-wifi-lost-after-Win-10-install-wifi/td-p/5772244
Relevancy 53.75%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I started up it says Win.ini corrupt. Then it starts
up as a new user losing track of Favorites and Start Menu
and Desktop Icons, Display and Folder attributes. Under
Documents and Settings it has added Dave.U5R2D5 in
addition to Dave which still has all the information. I tried
switching the 2 Filenames to get back to what it used to be but
gave an error message and didn't do it and started another new file.
Is there some way to use the old Dave file?

A:Lost settings, New user made in Documents and Settings

Hiya asd123321.

It sounds like you`ve re-installed the system from CD over the top of an existing system, giving you a fresh `Dave`. Have you recently run a repair or indeed, done a clean install ?

As a work-around, can you take the documents & favourites from the old `Dave` and put them in the new `Dave` so at least you`re back up and running again.

Jenny

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-settings-new-user-made-in-documents-and-settings.920132/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.02%

This has been bugging me for a while it pops up whenever I start the computer. I don't know to much about how to do things so please have some patients with me. If you can help me than I might just love you forever.

A:Error loading C:\Documents and Settings\ Network Service\ Local Settings\ Application Data\ hrcopul.dll

Have you run any scans for infections? I Googled hrcopul.dll, and everything that I found points to a infection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/201901/error-loading-cdocuments-and-settings-network-service-local-settings-application-data-hrcopuldll/
Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 47.73%

It was working day before yesterday The Tray icon only shows the network Ethernet adapter the wifi icon is missing Normally I'd click on the wifi icon to connect to wifi networks that option is not available Instead I get quot Not Connected - No Connections Available quot If I plug in an Ethernet cable that message goes away But I need wifi I head into the quot Settings quot app choose quot Network amp Internet quot and the topmost tab is quot Airplane Mode quot the quot Wifi quot tab is missing from the Settings app I head into the control panel Tray Tab Icon WiFi Missing; Missing WiFi Settings network and internet network connections change adapter settings and my Wi-Fi adapter is there enabled and full green signal strength quot Intel R Centrino R Advanced-N quot WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing Disabled it and reenabled it to see if that would help didn't help Rebooting twice didn't help Full power reset press-hand-hold power button for seconds and restart didn't help Ran network troubleshooter it says there may be an issue with the wifi adapter's device driver it tried to fix it but failed So I manually updated the device driver in the Properties dialog that seemed to actually install a new driver based on how long it took but it didn't help I wonder if there was a recent auto-update for this device that's causing a problem Or is there some way behind the scenes to hook up this device who's driver seems to be working with the windows app which isn't recognizing it I'm pulling my hair out and wasting a lot of time on this Any help from the experts would be greatly appreciated Specs Windows Home -bit upgraded from Windows about months ago Samsung Laptop

A:WiFi Settings Tab Missing; WiFi Tray Icon Missing

OK I solved it this way:

in control panel, network and internet, network connections, change adapter settings:
1) disabled the adapter
2) uninstalled the driver (removing from disk)
3) deleted the adapter (right-click didn't let me do it; the option was disabled, but I could delete it by pressing the "del" key while selected)
4) refreshed the view (f5) and saw that the adapter was no longer in the list
5) went to the device manager
6) removed the device
7) chose "find new hardware", the device showed up in the list again
8) rebooted.

I was connected to the internet through an Ethernet cable connection while I did this; it may have helped but I'm not sure.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/39729-wifi-settings-tab-missing-wifi-tray-icon-missing.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Quite often the WIFI drops off and the I Pad and the T. V. lose the signal .

I have to unplug the modem and then plug it back in to restore the signal !

Would a WIFI extender help ? ( eg : D link DAP 1320 ) ?

I think the problem is a weak signal !

I would like opinions , and/or solutions Please ?

A:WIFI lost often.

If you goto PCHF System Scans and download the wireless test right click choose run as admin and post results so we can see the problem

http://www.pchelpforum.com/internet-and-email/124118-wifi-lost-often.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I would like to know how to change my wifi settings and also to get rid of Cotana voice stuff

A:Change WiFi Settings

Hi, welcome to TSF

How to manage wireless network connections in Windows 10
How to disable Cortana in Windows 10

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/change-wifi-settings-1025930.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Ok, heres my question:

I have 2 computers set up using a wired Netgear router, they're both connected using cables. Now I have a Playstation Portable (PSP) Which I'd like to use on wifi, so I need to set up a wifi point. Is it possible that I can buy something which plugs into the Wired router via ethernet cable and then leave the 2 pcs wired, so I've got what I have now + a wifi spot for PSP? Is this possible? If yes, What do I need to buy? Anyone show me a product perfect for what I want? Note I dont want to spent much atall, sorry but I aint got lots of cash. Also, please no-one suggest 'WiFi MAX' as I already know about this soloution and would rather not use it. Thanks in advance,

Fuzzy!

Relevancy 46.44%

I must have pressed something on my laptop, but the WI-fi turned off and the option is no longer available in the settings

A:Hp laptop wifi not there in settings

Hello, Check if the wifi button is on , on the laptop. else go into Network and sharing center --> click on change adapter settings -->and enable wifi by right clicking on wifi  #hpexpertday

Regards;SmileyI am an HP employeePlease click the White Kudos star to say thanks for helping.Please mark Accept As Solution if my help has solved your problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Hp-laptop-wifi-not-there-in-settings/td-p/5627589
Relevancy 46.44%

Symptoms:
1)Under one user account, wifi settings are not preserved. If I run
ms-settings:network
and select "Manage wifi settings", there is no choice for "Manage known networks".
2)Under a second user account, I cannot see wifi choices at all. If I run
I get:
package could not be registered

Any help is appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/48114-wifi-settings-difficulties.html
Relevancy 46.01%

This is somewhat like a question that someone else asked but different I just settings lost turned on my computer lost settings only to see that my desktop had lost settings changed further looking found that all of my settings had been returned to the defult Everything is still on my computer but when I open IE all my favorites are gone there is nothing in my documents file the pull down start menu is missing programs outlook express has been reset etc I went to look under explorer to look at my documents and settings folder When I opened it up I saw that my user prfile was there with all of my settings in it but it had a bak extension after the folder name I deleated the bak and resarted When the computer re booted the settings were still defult In the documents and settings folder there was the normal user folder without the extension with all of my settings in it but there was also a new one with the same folder name but with an extension BIGMAN BIGMAN is my computer name I know I am still logged into the same user as always because I logged out and logged back in Well my question is basically is there someway that I can somehow get back my old settings Would I copy the normal folder into the one with the extension Why is that user folder with an extension there Sorry for the length but any help would be well appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:lost settings

i had the same problem before. i was not able to trace the cause until now but what i did was simply copy the folder containing my previous profile into the new one. but please take note that not all will be copied specially the *.dat files.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-settings.49661/
Relevancy 46.01%

For some reason, my graphics card drives were playing up - and caused the a 'unmountable boot volume' blue screen on startup, and often restarted the computer if i did manage to bypass this error.

So, I reinstalled windows. When it said 'do you want to press F6?' i pressed F5 to force something or other (I can't remember what it forces it to do now exactly, but something to do with a more though setup or something to do with hardware).

I started up the computer, created a new username, went to find my old stuff - then I realised that I had chosen 'make my folders private' when i created my old account. So it won't let me on my old data! How can I get past it?

Relevancy 46.01%

Hi when I set the Windows display option fade/scroll effect to fade for the menus, this works fine, but only lasts a couple of days, then resets back to scroll... Why is this happening?

Relevancy 46.01%

I have lost all my settings, E-Mail addresses, folders/files, internet connection settings etc. etc. It happened as I switched on today.
A message appears:
"Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you with a temporary profile.... Corrupt Local Profile.

Can someone help please?

A:Win XP lost settings

When I find myself in a situation like that, I use the System Restore option and go back a few days when all was well. To do that, go to Start > Run > type msconfig, hit 'ok' then select 'launch system restore' and follow the instructions.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-lost-settings.288225/
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently setup a small home network of computers using cable port log in settings lost broadband lost log in settings router I just recieved a sceptre laptop that runs a windows XP home edition with intel pent lll It has MHz with ram It originally was my daughters She took off her documents lost log in settings and set my name and password to come up upon log in so I assumed that she put me on as administrator While trying for many hours to install the Linskys wireless-G access and trendnet pc card so the laptop could be on the same network as my sons computers I finally saw the problem was from the laptop having a different ip number from the two pcs already on the network Right as I was about to remedy the problem my laptop froze up on the help support window Instead of making the quot lap quot go splat against the wall I did something really stupid I took the battery out and went to bed extremely frustrated This morning I turned on the laptop and after booting the screen that says click on your name is there But there is no name to click on So I control alt delete to bring up a small box that says user name and password My problem is my daughters name is still listed as administrator and I remember all but charecters of her password as it was our old address and I cant call her as she has had her phone shut off when I tried to call her She lives in LA and I live in northern ca by Oregon Is there anything you could think of to help me I am tired of fighting the boys for time on the computers and so anxious to finally have my own finally nbsp

A:lost log in settings

Try booting into Safe Mode (hit F8 before Windows loads, select Safe Mode) and using the user name 'Administrator' with a blank password.

Once you're in you should be able to see what's going on using the Users Control Panel.

If this doesn't work (if someone set the Administrator's password for example.) I'd just download the EBCD disk and use the Password Reset Utility.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-log-in-settings.425382/
Relevancy 46.01%

i rebooted my computer and lost all of my settings..i.e. documents,music files,e-mail config. ....all of my settings.i tried to reset to previous date but i can only go back to the day i had issues. please help!!

A:lost my settings

hey.. buddy give more details about ur problem. U cudn't go back to that day's settings bcs u hadn;'t created the restore point before that date.

u just rebooted.. when did it happen and wht settings are u talking bout?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-my-settings-299508.html
Relevancy 46.01%

hello. i have a windows 7 professional 32 bit
i have been having problems trying to connect to the internet today. last night it was perfectly fine
it either says identifying... unidentified network. when i troubleshoot it says windows cannot automatically detect this network's proxy settings
my other netbook (the one i am using right now) can connect as well as other computers here, to the same network
i tried connecting through a cable but it also says unidentified network.
for six hours i've been trying solutions i've read but to no avail. i tried system restore but it keeps on failing.
please help. thanks

A:UNIDENTIFIED NETWORK windows could not automatically detect network's proxy settings

i used this with win7 to overcome the problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/71408-unidentified-networks-set-private-public.html?filter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unidentified-network-windows-could-not-automatically-detect-networks-proxy-settings.1098970/
Relevancy 46.01%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 46.01%

After reinstalling OS, I was fiddling around to change the name of the user folder until I accidentally added network path from folder sharing option as you can see from the screenshot below:
Is there a way to remove such path or make that space "not shared" like before?

Thank you, help would be appreciated it.

A:How do I remove network path? (network file and folder settings)

Click on the Advanced Sharing button and then un-check the Share This Folder link and it will remove the share.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/322581-how-do-i-remove-network-path-network-file-folder-settings.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello This computer had malware like vosteran multioplug seachextensions goobzo rockettab installcore I was able to remove them using Malwarebytes The computer seemed to be fine for a few days after that until the network stopped working The wireless network icon has a red x I can't open the the -Can't open network, can't connect Log network adapter HickJackThis to settings Open Network and Sharing Center unless I'm in safe mode and HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings I can't open the network adapter settings it says that windows explorer has an error and closes the window I also tried to connect a usb network adapter and an ethernet ExpressCard but it wouldn't install them It won't read usb memories either unless they were installed previous to this incident I booted the computer with bitdefender and scaned it It found a few trojan infected e-mails that were removed No more viruses have been found after that Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v FIREFOX x en-US Boot mode Normal Running processes C PROGRA Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR EXE C Program Files x Fortinet FortiClient FortiTray exe C Program Files Lenovo Communications Utility TpKnrres exe C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe C Windows SysWOW rundll exe C Program Files x Intel IntelAppStore bin ismagent exe C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows avp exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrobat sl exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT SCHTASK exe C Windows SysWOW RunDll exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client GreenList exe C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client WhiteList exe C Users Administrator Desktop HickjackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink p LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - B D - D - A B-AE - A DA - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GROOVEEX DLL O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Partner BHO Class - FF F - C - b -B BA-C DDD E C - C ProgramData Partner Partner dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEFavClient dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO IEPlugin - C CD -A CB- D -A F -D F A BE - C Program Files x Symantec VIP Access Client VIPAddOnForIE dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO... Read more

A:HickJackThis Log -Can't connect to network, can't open network adapter settings

Greetings justreboot and to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum.My name is Oh My! and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that. ===================================================Ground Rules:First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met. Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.When you post your reply, use the button instead.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.Now let's get started ===================================================Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.Thank you for your patience thus far. While I review our situation please run the below for me.===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)--------------------Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your desktop <<< ImportantIf you are unsure if you have 32 bit or 64 bit simply download and try one. If that doesn't run properly the other one shouldDouble click the iconClick Yes to the disclaimerMake sure the Addition.txt box is checkedClick Scan and allow the program to runClick OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply===================================================System Summary Information--------------------Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same timeType msinfo32 and press EnterLeft click on System SummaryClick File, Save, and name the file SummaryZip and attach the file to your reply===================================================Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it. FRST resultsAddition logSys... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565566/hickjackthis-log-cant-connect-to-network-cant-open-network-adapter-settings/
Relevancy 46.01%

My wife was using our new 2-week B50-30 All In One computer, clicked on a URL, the screen flashed, went black, then came back on...but when it did the WiFi was completely gone.  When I go into Control Panel, System, Device Manager, Network Adapters, the only one that shows is the Realtek one for the "wired network" connection on the back. Does anyone have an idea if the WiFi card just went?  Any idea how I could confirm?  Are there any instructions available on how to replace the WiFi card? Any other words of wisdom?  I've got it online using the wired connection and I do not want to buy an external USB/wireless adapter and have to plug it in from the outside.  There was a reason we got an All In One to begin with. Thanks in advance!  

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:All In One B50-30 Lost WiFi Completely

hi llahman,

Welcome to the Forums.

If the Wi-Fi adapter is missing from the Device Manager > Network Adapters (which was previously there) then it's likely that the Wi-Fi module went faulty.

Can you try these steps:
1. Shutdown the machine, unplug the power cord from the outlet then hold the power button for 30secs (this drains any electric charge that's left on the machine).

2. When finished, plug-in the power cord back to the AC outlet, turn on the machine then hit F1 to boot into the BIOS. In the BIOS, hit F9 to load default settings then hit F10 to save and exit (this resets the hardware configuration of the machine to default).

When the machine boots back into Windows, check if the wireless adapter is now present in the Device Manager > Network Adapters.

If the wireless adapter is still missing then it's likely that it went defective (could be a chip malfunction).

You can open up the machine (see this video disassembly guide ) and replace the Wi-Fi module with a compatible card (see page 58 of the HMM) but since the machine is new, I recommend you contact lenovo for service (they usually send a tech. over for the repairs).

Support phone list

edit:
added links

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/All-In-One-B50-30-Lost-WiFi-Completely/td-p/2141700
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,
AVG antivirus quarantined some files that were infected on my machine with trojans, I (stupidly) deleted them thinking it was the thing to do. (Talk about learning the hard way) Now when I try to connect to my network it just refreshes the search and refuses to connect. There is no error message, everything works as it should but I cannot connect to my wifi connection. I am using my work laptop here in the hope you can give me a list of files I could compare to mine to see whats missing and re install. I use windows XP SP2. Many thanks

A:lost wifi access on my PC

Hello john gaffan

If you have deleted system files run Sytem File Check

Start/Run and type in
sfc /scannow (there is a space before /)
OK

You will need your XP installation CD to to this.

The file check will run, but will not give you a report. You just have to check if the problem is fixed.

It might also be a Winsock problem
Try this fix

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-wifi-access-on-my-pc-270909.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I use my T61  (6460-DWU) on my modem 99% of the time.  After numerous Win 7 updates, I lost the WiFi capability.   CAn I just go to Device Manager, and delete the driver there, then d/l a new driver at Lenovo updates?   or is there a better way?      I have checked that it is not going to sleep, the switch on the front.    When I turn on WiFi, I do not get the sign in page for my router.    thanks all.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Lost WiFi on a T61 Win 7 Pro machine

Hello,

Have you tried using the ThinkVantage System Update to detect and install the latest version of the device driver for you?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Lost-WiFi-on-a-T61-Win-7-Pro-machine/td-p/2029510
Relevancy 46.01%

I have two computers that share a wireless connection.One computer uses Vista the other Xp.The Vista Machine is connected directly into the the cable modem and the Wifi router.Everytime I shut down or restart the XP machine,it loses the connection to the Internet.So I click on the computer icon in the system tray,click on properties,wireless network,make sure the box that says use windows to configure my wireless network is checked and then click ok.
Only then am I able to get on the Internet.Why does the Vista Machine always stay connected to the Net but the Xp Machine doesn't?

Relevancy 46.01%

sir,       i lost my wifi driver and i searched for driver but i am not able to get it.model no. HP Pavalion n012 TX.please look in to this issue asap

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/wifi-driver-is-lost/td-p/5709708
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently had to do a wipe clean on my sons Advent notebook 4211 B -C but after installing xp again i appear to have lost the wifi capabilities of the machine, any help please ?

Thanks.

A:Wipeclean lost wifi

update your drivers, and make sure your wireless driver is there and if there is a wifi button on the exterior of your laptop make sure it is turned on

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/310246/wipeclean-lost-wifi/
Relevancy 46.01%

hello vista forum

my mums laptop is a New ASUS N61J with NVIDIA Optimus and USB 3.0

and i've been trying to connect to wireless with it, but it's not working. the little bar on the bottom right has a big red X on it, and i can't see any connectable devices when i try connecting. i try pressing FN and F2 to "enable wifi" (not sure) but nothing happens.

my internet provider is BT, a BT homehub 2

please may someone help me

A:wifi connection lost

Two things...
Is your Hub set to allow wireless?
Have you double checked the passwords correct?

Have yoyu tried just plugging it in through A cable?

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/288225-wifi-connection-lost.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello to all I have an Asus notebook with dual boot It has an Arch Linux and Windows installed I use Arch as my primary OS Windows is used only for multimedia tasks and gaming It was working like a Pings WiFi are over lost charm My home network consists of an TP-Link ADSL modem with wireless connection turned OFF connected to a wireless router Wive-NG-RTNL via an Ethernet cable I have several devices connected to this router One desktop PC via Pings are lost over WiFi an Ethernet cable my Asus notebook one netbook and phones The problem appeared from nowhere The problem is when i ping to internet with my Asus notebook some of the pings are lost Recall that this notebook is connected via wireless connection to router So i began to ping the gateway Strangely the pings were lost too But when i tried pinging with the netbook the ping was perfect No single loss So i thought that there were some sort of application or protocol problems on arch So i switched to Windows The same results I had a spare Mini PCIe Wireless card I replaced it too The problem persisted Every other device works perfectly No loses So i am stuck How can i solve this problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pings-are-lost-over-wifi.1171022/
Relevancy 46.01%

Good WiFi Lost Virus and Morning I started having a browser redirect issue a few days ago This was followed security certificate rejection notices Suspecting an infection I downloaded Avast and ran a system scan The scan suggested I do a Boot Scan which I did Upon restarting my computer after the Boot Scan I can no longer connect to any WiFi networks and Avasat shows a message that features have been disabled I tried a system Virus and Lost WiFi restore in case the Boot Scan caused the broblem but I recieve a mesage that the system is unable to restore to a prior point Any assistance would be greatly appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Virus and Lost WiFi Atom TM CPU N GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire one Antivirus Norton Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

As per the title I have noticed recently that my system has such a strong desire to be connected to a network that is is constantly re-enabling WiFi despite my repeated attempts to turn WiFi off. I have already run scans with KIS and Spybot Search and Destroy - KIS came up clean, Spybot removed 1 trojan detection. But this still persists.

I think it might be malware. Does anyone here have any ideas as to what could be causing this?

A:WiFi being forced on despite system settings

Since no help is forthcoming I have decided to do a complete reformat and reinstall of the affected system.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/566786/wifi-being-forced-on-despite-system-settings/
Relevancy 45.58%

this is the picture
Wireless Mode > Off/11g/11b+g+n
RX Buffer Num(1-256) >
TX Queue Len(1-1000) >
RTS Threshold (256-2347) >
Beacon Interval (20-1000) > milliseconds
DTIM Interval (1-255) >
TX Chainmask> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
RX Chainmask> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 1. For 2x3, you should change tx to 5 and rx to 7 2. For 2x2, you should change tx to 5 and rx to 5 3. For 3x3, you should change tx to 7 and rx to 7
No Reset> Disabled Enabled
WPS testing > WPS Configed WPS UnConfiged
Device's UUID >wsc upnp may closed
WMM(QoS) Paramters > AP CWMinCWMaxAIFSTxOpLimitAC_BEAC_BKAC_VIAC_VO

STA CWMinCWMaxAIFSTxOpLimitAC_BEAC_BKAC_VIAC_VO

Firmware Information>built at Thu, 14 Aug 2008 20:00:49 +0800 by andic Original Firmware Version>1006 Wireless driver> DSL Modulation> MultiMode T1.413 G.dmt G.lite ADSL2 ADSL2+ ADSL2 L ADSL2 M ADSL2+ M

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/217575-discovered-advanced-wifi-settings-what-do-they-mean.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop with the DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half Mini-Card, Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter, and Microsoft
Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter. It used to either stay connected to my router or connect immediately. Now when I close the lid for even a short time, I have to click connect to reconnect to the router and it takes up to 30 seconds to connect. Any ideas what may have changed or what I need to do to fix it?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380561-how-do-i-change-wifi-settings-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello I just bought a brand new computer days ago Haven't been using it that long It's an HP Envy qe or something like that The first day I played on it windows updates were downloaded The computer has built in Bluetooth which I love switch and no settings Wifi PC on/off Bluetooth in but I noticed it was always-on and Bluetooth and Wifi no on/off switch in PC settings was wondering if there was an on off switch I searched Google and seen there is an on off switch in PC Settings PC Devices Bluetooth Unfortunately I do not Bluetooth and Wifi no on/off switch in PC settings have this Also under PC Settings and Network I do not have an on off switch for the wifi I also don't have anything in PC Settings called Wireless I talked with HP support since I just bought this computer their only option was to do a System Restore or Recovery I talked to Microsoft support and their only option was to pay for a premium membership so they could use their 'advanced tools' to scan my system and find out the problem which is my long history of dealing with computers and support their answer would have probably been the same which was System Restore or Recovery at which who even knows if this is going to fix the problem So now I come to this community my first time here wave asking for assistance I temporarily disabled my Bluetooth in Device Manager because I don't know if it's safe to have it constantly on if I'm not using it I've seen on here there are other people who have had the same problem but I didn't see a definite solution on the couple threads I read Also just before disabling my Bluetooth I ran HP support assistant and it had a couple updates Then when I went to restart my computer Windows Update had another update still no option was showing to turn Bluetooth on off or Wifi on off Also come to think of it I haven't ever seen the option to turn Bluetooth on off the past three days I've owned the computer If for some reason I cannot fix this issue is it harmful to keep the Bluetooth always on I don't want harm the computer if it's constantly sitting there searching for Bluetooth devices if I'm not using them or don't plan on using them

A:Bluetooth and Wifi no on/off switch in PC settings

Hi summerbear. I can try something that works on my MSI laptop (a great brand BTW), and I think most of todays' laptops.
Usualy there's an allin1 manager to all of the options you mentioned, and it is accessible through the start line in windows (at the bottom). Most of the time you don't see all the icons of programs running, and there's a little upward arrow in far right side of the start line, that if clicked reveals sound, storage, and allin1 managers installed in your system. In my laptop this manager program that includes control over volume, wi-fi, and bluetooth, is called SCM. I'm not sure that HP's has the exact same program but there's supposed to be some type of allin1. If you don't find any try typing "Bluetooth" in windows search (through the start button), and shutting down wi-fi is also possible by clicking the network bars in the far right, thus accessing the list of nearby wi-fi networks, choosing the one you're connected to, and clicking "disconnect".
Hope I helped, goodluck.
Amit.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60549-bluetooth-wifi-no-off-switch-pc-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop with the DW1501 Wireless-N WLAN Half Mini-Card, Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter, and Microsoft
Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter. It used to either stay connected to my router or connect immediately. Now when I close the lid for even a short time, I have to click connect to reconnect to the router and it takes up to 30 seconds to connect. Any ideas what may have changed or what I need to do to fix it?

A:How do I change WiFi settings in Windows 7

Try to restore defaults of Power Plan.
Option 1 - Power Plan - Restore Default Settings

If not, try re-installing its drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380561-how-do-i-change-wifi-settings-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have 2 routers
wifi-router1 ( its a wifi router with adsl2+ modem)
IP: 192.168.1.1
SSID: TPLink
wifi-router2 (its working in repeater mode)
IP: 192.168.1.50
SSID: Tenda

I configured wifi-router2's repeater mode via site-scan and then selected my wifi-router1. It did not gave me any error.

Now I can connect to both wifi-router1 and wifi-router2 but internet is only working on wifi-router1. What specifict settings I need to get internet from wifi-router2 also.

LongLive JohnWill

Relevancy 45.58%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,
I'm not really a novice at Computers but i need help with this. I recently had a computer crash and had to get windows reinstalled. I had to get a new account and everything.

I still have the documents in my C:\Documents And Settings\... But when I try to copy them i get an annoying message saying:

Cannot Move: Acess is denied
Disk is write protected or in use.

Is there a way i cna get my old documents copied from C:\Docu...\Patrick to C:\Docu...\Patrick.computer2 safetly without losing anyhting.

Patrick

In need of some serious help..

A:Rebooted And "lost, But Still There Settings"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/46496/rebooted-and-lost-but-still-there-settings/
Relevancy 45.58%

New computer, Windows 8.1, everything working fine so far, except: all changes to settings done in Control Panel (from desktop) are lost on restarting computer. It's somehow defaulting to never updating Windows, and the power settings are also reset etc. (haven't checked every possible setting, but seems to be a general reset to some sort of undesirable default). Have searched widely for solution to this, and can't find anything, other than a ref. to registry key NoSaveSettings problems, but this doesn't occur anywhere in my registry. Checked for viruses with Malwarebytes and M. Antirootkit, and Bitdefender. I'm not aware of any installed programs likely to do this. Any ideas on this welcome, as I'm completely at a loss.

A:Settings lost on reboot

I remember a virus of years ago that did what yours is doing now, as if each time you log in, you're a new user and it doesn't remember all the settings from the last session.
The only reason I mention it is to ask if MB did find anything, and if so, what was it.
As well as to suggest scanning with Free Superantispyware (be careful to decline the trial version) and to scan with your AV program.
It might not be a virus at all, but until there's a better suggestion, it may be worth scanning.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/546626/settings-lost-on-reboot/
Relevancy 45.58%

My laptop was working fine just 2 hours ago, but when I turned it on now it said that it lost my profile settings. This is a laptop my university gave me--it uses Novell and runs on Windows XP. I thought it lost all my files that I created, but when I searched for them on the laptop, they are still there. I tried using System Restore to get everything back to normal, but it said it's unable to restore. I was wondering if I'm out of hope to get it fixed, or if there is some other way I can restore it?

Thanks so much!!

A:Profile Settings Lost... :(

http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;811151

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/profile-settings-lost-79696.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Ever since I've updated the Intellipoint software to 8.01, I've fallen prone to this random reset to factory defaults from my current custom button settings on my Trackball Optical. The funny part is that the functions will return to default but when you open the settings control panel, they still show the custom settings as shown in the picture below.

My exact custom settings:
What I'm wondering at this point, has anyone else run into this problem and if so, found a solution to it, besides having to restart the computer?

A:Intellipoint 8.0 - Lost Settings

I had my mouse and or keyboard re-installing 8.0 after I updated to sp1. It would occur on re-booting and or 1st start-up. Seems there might be a WU or something. I re-installed both drivers and problem went away.

fyi:
Mouclass.sys and mouhid.sys files did not update with SP1

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/147896-intellipoint-8-0-lost-settings.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Today at login time the system gave several messages indicating there was not enough space to load my personal settings. The system then logged in using some kind of default setting with minimal icons and acting like a new windows start-up.

I cleaned up the "C" drive of the files taking all the space and re-booted.
The system will not go back to my old user profile settings.

How do I restore my previous personal settings?

Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Lost personal settings

Try using system restore.
Restore to an earlier time.
This reverses any changes to your computer to the time you choose.

Cheers.
Rz

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/lost-personal-settings-304707.html
Relevancy 45.58%

hi all, i went out earlier today, just got back to find, everything on my pc has gone, i mean everything, my pictures, my documents, my recieved files, my favourites, my emails, what has happened, its like i didnt exist??
can anyone shed any light on this?
thee are 3 accounts on this pc, the other 2 are fine and still in tact, but mine is like i never had one!!
im more upset because my pictures were in there and now ive lost the lot!

thx for any help in advance.

A:help needed......lost settings

if they havent been deleted by someone else..then they should still be there, so dont worry, not all is lost!!
Have you tried logging in as admin, taking ownership of your user file in c:\documents and settings and had a look in there?

Even windows search?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-needed-lost-settings-286864.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My W2K computer has decided to crap itself; when I turned it on it booted up ok, but all the settings are now gone. Its just like someone had reformatted and/or reinstalled W2K.

Any ideas why, and how to get my settings back?

Relevancy 45.58%

Ok here's the lowdown
I pulled out my cmos battery to try it in an old pc to see if the old one had had it
But when i put it back in my pc ive lost all my bios settings and now i get the message insert proper boot device blah blah message

Ive checked the bios bootup sequence and all is how it should be
The bios is recognising my hard disk
Ive tried installing windows again(but not formating)but when it reboots after copying the set up files it jus go back to the error message insert boot disk

There must be something I have to set in the bios that ive missed
Any help please?
All suggestions welcome
Steve

A:Lost Bios settings

What's your startup sequence - the CD and drive are detected ok because you can install so may just be wrong order (I know you say you've checked..)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-bios-settings.695521/
Relevancy 45.58%

I booted this morning and discovered that my startup settings no longer were on my computer Specifically - after bootup I cannot Startup lost!! settings see anything in My Documents My Pictures and My Music The wallpaper Startup settings lost!! screen is therefore of course the Windows pastoral screen that you get when you first install xp Most icons are gone from my desktop only iTunes Firefox Norton and Quicktime remain However when I Startup settings lost!! click on Start All Programs - my program tree is represented as it always has been When I tried to start Outlook it started to go through the setting up Microsoft Office routine - I stopped the process The strange thing is that when I click on My Startup settings lost!! Computer C Documents and Settings Paul amp Katie Paul amp Katie s Documents EVERTHING IS THERE - pics music files - everything Something must have changed to not point in the right direction I am sure hopeful that there is an easy fix for this Help please If you need more info - please let me know and I will post Thanks alot Paul nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I have an Acer laptop 5003wlmi with XP.

When I come out of hibernation, the system settings are lost:
1- my screen reverts to its dimmest level and
2- the wifi is turned off
I have to manually fix both of these. Possibly a virus?

This just started happening last month. Hibernation worked flawlessly in the past years up until today.

**I just noticed this- when I hibernate then unplug my laptop and later plug it back in, the system settings are lost.
When I hibernate and leave the laptop PLUGGED IN, the system settings (wifi and screen dim level)
are in fact retained when i power up.

Last point, the laptop battery is dead/maybe 5 years old. But shouldn't the
hibernation settings be saved to the hard disk?

Please let me know what you think. Thank you!!!

A:Hibernation with XP,settings lost

Seems to me that hibernation problems may be linked to video driver problems...I'd uninstall the current video drivers and then reinstall same.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472515/hibernation-with-xpsettings-lost/
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm having a problem that is getting quite annoying. Any help would be appreciated.

Every time that I logoff (including restarting), all of the changes to settings that I have made are lost. These include: small icons in the start menu, show quick launch, etc. Every time that I login, I have to set all of the settings again. I'm on a single-user computer and I use an administrator account.

I tried turning of system restore to see if that would help, but it didn't. I'm assuming that it's not saving the settings when I log off. Does anybody have any ideas as to what I should do?

Thanks,
Nathan

A:Settings lost during logoff

Are you on a domain?
Do you have a mandatory profile set?
If there is a mandatory profile set then any changes you make will be
lost once you logoff.
This can even effect the Administator account of the local computer.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/settings-lost-during-logoff-58470.html
Relevancy 45.58%

My DVD/RW died so I bought a used "twin to it (Lite-On LH 20A1P and installed it. At first not recognized so I removed and re-installed (I thought) the driver. Now it is recognized as a CD-Rom when it's actually a DVD/RW. So I go to remove the upper & lower filters thinking that would help and I went to look at file: {4D36E965-E325-11CE- 

BFC1-08002BE10318}  to find there are 24 of these files.

My operating system (now way overloaded) is as follows:
Mod Edit:  Removed HJT data, malware tool, not allowed in this forum - Hamluis.

Any help for this servery computer challenged old man would be greatly appreciated! I think the Tech support Guy's got burnt out trying to solve this.
Thanx,
Alan 

A:I lost my DVD/RW settings and have a mess!

Why used? A brand new Lite-On DVD Burner is $17.99 including shipping.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510552/i-lost-my-dvdrw-settings-and-have-a-mess/
Relevancy 45.58%

I've a computer running WINXP. The videocard i'm using is a Creative 3D Blaster4 MX420.
By some reason sometimes (be when I play MOHAA on the internet) my collor settings are changed to 4 bits colors. When I reinstall my display driver the problem is solved for some day's.
I'm using the latest driver from nvidia.

A:color settings lost

Hi there,

What have you tried using to check, clean, or tweaks in your system?

Was this card or the system itself recently upgraded/replaced?

Any other software recently installed or uninstalled?
- Are you running it oc'd [over clocked]? -
What version of DirectX are you running?

All system system and security updates ?

Tried doing a basic system cleaning/checking ?

http://forums.techguy.org/t146102/s.html

Any other errors you have noticed or been having ?

Any other notes ?

Keep Us Posted!

-Z

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/color-settings-lost.146761/
Relevancy 45.58%

Using NT SerPac as stand alone OS In Word I deleted a highlited block of text by accident and on 8 Settings Word Lost NT4 the spot tried to recover it via Help directions on Recover Damaged Doc a foolish attempt I was rattled The only setting I had to change in the recovery attempt was Confirm Version At Open which was unchecked normal and directions said to check it Now I cannot get my desired Lost Settings NT4 Word 8 text format settings to hold I can get what I desire on the screen and Save it and it prints out all right but if I close a Word doc when I reopen Lost Settings NT4 Word 8 it it s in the clutches of the default settings I guess been a long time since I saw them Talking msrgins headers and footers fonts type size layout etc The only new thing in the Save process is I get a box telling Lost Settings NT4 Word 8 me the doc is being saved in Word So far as I know I m never not in Word I have shut down my whole system and turned it back on several times and done the Restore Settings procedure several times All Word documents fall into the clutches of default if opened --- except the auto-save version of the doc I was working on when I did the delete That one is OK But if I try to copy it over to where the botched version is the copy also falls into default s clutches Another odd thing is if I open a Word Doc I find attached to it a list of one line entries which I will put at the end of this System wise in case it matters my C drive has my programs occupying maybe with the remainder configured as Drive G where I do my work I also have a hardware separate Drive F where I keep backup copies of everything on Drives C and G The list of one liners at the end goes like this Normal template Default Paragraph Font Kkralorwkslds system owner C TEMP AutoRecovery save of Document asd Kralorwkslds Times New Roman Symbol Bookman Old Style Kralorwkslds Microsoft Word PID GUID E BCEE-B - D -A - Root Entry Table WordDocument Summaary Information DocumentSummaryInformation CompObj ObjectPool Microsoft Word Document MSWordDoc Word Documenr nbsp

A:Lost Settings NT4 Word 8

Do you still have the original Word/Office install media? If so, you can remove office using the Add/Remove Programs and then use Regedit to search for office entries and delete them. Then re-install office. This should fix the format settings back to normal. Some entries in the registry cannot be deleted (i.e. LEGACY keys). This is a drastic measure not to be taken lightly, but it is sometimes the easist and fastest repair for complex issues with office products.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-settings-nt4-word-8.29420/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello there,
I have a quick question, I am losing my video setting whenever I reboot and I can't figure out how to stop it. But before I go any further let me tell you what I did. I am currently running Windows XP Home on my computer and I wanted to install a seperate OS (dual boot). I installed Windows XP Pro on the same partition but in a different folder, I kinda think that this may be at the root of the problem. I wanted to uninstall the Windows Xp Pro but there is no uninstall within XP Home control panel remove programs. So do any of you think that having two OS's on the same partition is what is causing me to lose my video settings?

Stumped.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/settings-get-lost-on-reboot.436433/
Relevancy 45.58%

wow this is so frustrating - I have to move to something more stable.
why does this keep happening??????

A:Lost all settings and bookmarks AGAIN.

Originally Posted by spoonxii wow this is so frustrating - I have to move to something more stable.
why does this keep happening?????? could you explain more about what happened? Which OS version are you on, what happened, what device etc
Thank you

http://forums.windowscentral.com/edge/432921-lost-all-settings-bookmarks-again.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I m from a Mac Unix background but I m currently a temporary switcher using XP on someone Lost settings user else s computer while I m minding their house I hope you ll forgive any glaring deficiencies in my understanding of this particular operating system The person who owns this computer is a novice and easily confused by changes to the screen his settings programs etc To prevent any confusion I created a new user for myself which I planned to delete when I left thereby leaving all the original settings intact I gave myself administrator privileges on this account Problem is I don t think this guy had created an account for himself and when I now choose between users at the Lost user settings login screen I m only offered a choice between my own account and a guest account which I can turn on or off But Lost user settings this guest account isn t the Lost user settings original account As far as I can see in response to creating my own administrator account the system has completely overwritten the anonymous account the owner of the system was using initially Is this what s happened Are there two modes for the Windows environment - single-user and multi-user If I ve activated the multi-user mode by creating this account have I automatically overwritten the single-user settings and information More importantly is there any way to get all the previous info back As it stands I ve lost absolutely all this guy s settings and data This is a disaster so I really hope someone here can help me out Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

"Ain't broke - don't fix it" - - guess what, downloaded a registry fix program to 'tune up' my windows xp and was way over my head so deleted the program.

Out went Windows: searchsettings.msi.vi.3.4

Now can't open :E: drive, can't open Explorer 8 or Firefox without a box informing me missing search settings v1.2.3 - then screen shuts down.

Tried everywhere online to find a replacement search settings v1.2.3 but no such luck.

Assuming I don't know what I am doing - can you lay out a procedure that I can follow to solve this problem.

Appreciate any assistance direct to: {Edited by Moderator....Not a good idea to post an email address in public forums...you will end up spammed terribly....I removed it}

A:Lost 'search settings.msi' ??

am actually having the same problem !!!! it's soooo annoying :S:S so if anyone could help us out on this one really i'd be grateful

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-search-settings-msi.894695/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi there Apparently as the result of malware I suddenly received many detected viruses using Avira and Malware Bytes empty All is adapters connections and lost window network network I can no longer All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty access the internet The Network Connections window is completely blank and in the Device Manager every single driver All network adapters lost and network connections window is empty under Network Adapters net Adapter Direct Parallel Intel Pro Wireless Realtek WAN Miniport etc has a yellow exclamation mark I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers In some cases I got a message saying uninstallation is not allowed But in all cases even where I could uninstall and reinstall it didn t help at all I also already tried running regsvr netshell dll regsvr netcfgx dll regsvr netman dll Each routine was successful but didn t help Running quot Start netman start quot gives a response that it is already running Any advice Is there any way around reinstalling XP Will that even help I have a Toshiba Satellite Pro M running XP Professional Any advice is greatly appreciated I have been working on this to no avail for over hours nbsp

Relevancy 45.58%

Hi Operating system is Windows Enterprise Edition SP and Office Professional is installed nbsp User clicks one the file opens fine Change one character or a bunch then click SAVE nbsp We get quot There has been a network or file the error. has been file may network a lost be permission connection or network there permission error The network connection may be lost quot If I attempt to save it as a new filename the new filename is written in the shared folder but has a size there has been a network or file permission error. the network connection may be lost of K and the Save As window pops up again nbsp Any attempt to save as ANOTHER name produces the same results K size file written Save As window pops up I found a document from MS that says to save to your desktop or map a new drive but this was working just fine a short time ago This issue happens for only one machine If the same user logins to the different machine and it works Who ever login to the laptop get the same error nbsp Below did not help as nbsp it was for Office and Windows XP https support microsoft com en-us kb https support microsoft com en-us kb https support microsoft com en-us kb What has to be done for this Regards Boopathi

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4eb5d0af-32bb-4640-9691-b90a6406d24c/there-has-been-a-network-or-file-permission-error-the-network-connection-may-be-lost?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 45.15%

I had a recent virus infestation on my laptop One was a fake repeated request to install Adobe Flash which kept popping up every minute or so and the other was causing redirects on my browser Firefox I ran Malwarebyte s Antimalware and eliminated two trojans but the problem persisted I ran it again in safe mode and found one more Again the problem was not resolved I installed Microsoft Security Essentials which found multiple threats cleaned them and then continued to pop up with Virus and connection lost Wifi the same threats repeatedly Afterwards I Virus and lost Wifi connection ran a series of cleans including Eset online scanner which stalled and TDSSKiller which found approximately rootkit issues when I expanded the parameters all with medium threat and all of which I cleaned After running these programs I have lost access Virus and lost Wifi connection the internet The wifi connection stalls on quot acquiring network address quot I ve rebooted the wifi router and the computer as well as disabled the connection Nothing has reset it It looks like the virus may be gone but I really have no way of knowing until I can access the internet and try browsing So I m not sure if this is still a virus issue or a wifi connection issue which I caused with all of my quot cleaning quot Thank you in advance for all of your assistance Hijack Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system TDispVol exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Toshiba Toshiba Applet thotkey exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Toshiba Tvs TvsTray exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP Toshiba exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Canon Canon MF Network Scan Utility CNMFSUT EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSvcs exe C WINDOWS system DVDRAMSV exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe c TOSHIBA IVP swupdate swupdtmr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA TOSHIBA Applet TAPPSRV exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings LILLY Desktop Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote prxtbVuz dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBD... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

I'm not sure when, maybe after a windows update?  But all of a sudden, there were no wifi networks visible on the wifi.  I re-installed the drivers, then the wifi would not turn on, it stayed off.  I deleted and re-installed the wifi driver and now it says the wifi is off, but when I go into device manager and it allows me to turn it on, but it's not on and no wifi networks show up.  
It worked fine for about 2 years up until this hiccup. 
Any tips on getting my wifi to work again? thanks,

A:Inspiron 3521 Lost Wifi

Hi Orlandodood
Thanks for writing to us.
Please try doing a system restore to a previous date when it was working fine and let us know how it goes.
Any idea what update was it before the issue began?
Do provide us your system tag#, email address and name via private message,by clicking on my name in blue and then select send a private message

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19991553
Relevancy 45.15%

I lost my wifi password, and can't connect to my wifi.
I have a D-Link wireless router, and can't seem to figure out the admin password either.
Can anyone help me please?

A:Lost Wifi Password, How to Recover?

If you don't know the admin password you reset the router to factory defaults--and that includes the default password.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-wifi-password-how-to-recover.1111286/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, Wifi connection on our Envy, (model # m6-k125dx) has worked fine until yesterday. Has consistently connected to our home wifi network. Suddenly it seems to have no wifi capability. The network connection icon has a red X on it.  The wifi function button on the keyboard has an amber light that seems to indicate no wifi. I've seen other posts with similiar issues. Is it likely I have a bad wifi card? Any helpfull suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Lost wifi on my HP Envy Laptop

Hi btcompute, Welcome to the HP Support Forums! I understand you are having wireless connectivity issues, as of yesterday. I am happy to help with this.It is possible that it could be the wireless adapter, but is too soon to say for sure, there are many possible causes of this problem. Part of troubleshooting is trying to eliminate the possibilities as much as possible to find the real cause. Firstly, do you have any other devices (other computers, mobiles devices, tablets, printers, etc) on your wireless network, and do they still communicate with each other?  If for example you have a printer and a computer on the same home network and that computer can still send print jobs, then it makes it more likely the problem is with just the one computer. Has something changed recently, on your computer (new device, software installation,  windows update) or was there a new wireless router installed, or was it moved? The following page is most related to the issue you describe, and can lead to determining whether wifi adapter itself is the problem. Resolving Universal WLAN, Wireless, and Wi-Fi Errors If it proves necessary, call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region.http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html Otherwise if the red x is resolved, and you are still having connection issues you can try the following:Troubleshooting wireless network and Internet (Windows 8)Also, you can look at the power management for your wireless adaptor:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Forget the network: (Windows 7)1. Press Start.2. Type Manage wireless networks and click the application at the top of the start menu.3. Right click on the network and click Remove network.4. Confirm the warning by click OK.Forget the network: (Windows 8)1. Press Windows Key + C2. Click Settings.3. Click Change PC settings.4. Click Network on the left.5. Click Manage known networks.6. Click the network name.7. Click Forget.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network. I hope that this helps.Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Lost-wifi-on-my-HP-Envy-Laptop/td-p/4557870
Relevancy 45.15%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service WiFi Solved: Lost signal Pack bit Processor Intel R Core Solved: Lost WiFi signal TM Duo CPU T GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc P H Antivirus ThreatTrack Security VIPRE Updated and Enabled I am using a Dell Studio Laptop computer Model No PP L I have AT amp T DSL using a Netgear wireless modem router I shut down my computers at night and turn them on in the morning My problem is that one day my wireless internet to the laptop was working and the next day no internet I checked for WiFi signals in connect to and there were none listed Diagnosis indicated that wireless capability is turned off The switch was verified to be in the on position Device Manager Network Adapters indicates that the Intel WiFi Link is working properly I also have a desktop computer that connects to the internet via the same wireless modem router and it is working nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

My system alerted me of HP update and after the update was done,my system can no longer connect to my wifi.what is the solution? please assist.

A:wifi got lost after system upgrade

Welcome to the HP Forums! I understand from your post that you are having an issue with the WiFi on your HP Notebook. Here is a list of steps that commonly resolve issues with wireless connectivity. First, we have a step by step guide to walk you through the troubleshooting process here: Troubleshooting Your Wireless Network and Internet Connection A second option, is to try these steps:Powercycle the network:1. Shut down your notebook.2. Unplug the power to your router.3. Unplug the power to your modem.4. Wait at least 45 seconds.5. Plug in the modem, and wait for it to come back online.6. Plug in the router, and wait for it to come back online.7. Turn on your notebook, and test your connection.Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.7. Test.Reset the TCP/IP settings on your PC:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.It may also help to reset the winsock catalogue:1. Go to your start screen/menu and type CMD.2. Right click on the command prompt icon and chose Run as administrator.3. In the window that opens type "netsh winsock reset" without quotes, and press enter.4. Restart your PC and test.Reinstall the network adapter drivers:1. Download the drivers from here but do not run them yet.2. Go to your start screen/menu and type Device Manager.3. Expand Network adapters.4. Right click on the wireless adapter and choose Uninstall.5. Run the downloaded drivers from step 1.6. Restart your PC and test.Test an ethernet connection:Self explanatory. Test if the issue persists on a wired connection to rule out the wireless adapter hardware so troubleshooting can be directed towards the right areas.Test another connection:Many people rule out their home network as an issue if another device is working on the same network. Networking is not that simple. Each device interacts differently with your router or modem and it is impossible to rule out settings in that device until the notebook has been tested on another network.If those three steps do not resolve the issue, try this document published by Microsoft for networking issues: Wired and wireless network problems. You can change the operating system with the dropdown in the upper-right corner of the document. SourcePlease let me know how this works out. This is a great question other customers may also be wondering about; please click the Accept as Solution if you feel this post has helped you, or could help others. Thanks!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/wifi-got-lost-after-system-upgrade/td-p/5678409
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys I've searched on here but I've not found a solution For the past - days everytime I startup my Vista startup lost on connection WiFi bit laptop my WiFi connection is missing If I click on diagnose and repair it says Turn on WiFi connection if I click on that message it connects no problem The thing is why do I have to re-connect everytime it starts up I checked the Problem Reports and Solutions in Control Panel and it says Product Network Diagnostics Framework Problem Unable to diagnose repair network problems Date Status Report Sent Problem signature Problem Event Name NetworkDiagnosticsFrameworkV Vendor Microsoft OwnerHC AutoConfig Helper Class OwnerHCVersion SessionStatus HRESULT Repair EAA - D- -B FF- CB D BA RootCauseHC AutoConfig Helper Class RootCauseHCVersion RootCause D - EFF- - FD -C BE BCFC OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem Bucket ID Now I've never had a problem with the WiFi connection in the past years so why as it started now Surely if there is a WiFi connection it should use it everytime it starts up without turning it on

A:WiFi connection lost on startup

Would you believe it, this morning it started up as normal when the last 2-3 days I had to Turn on WiFi connection, stupid Vista.

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/299025-wifi-connection-lost-startup.html
Relevancy 45.15%

How do I replace the windows 7 network drivers, including ethernet and wifi?  I am told that the problem may have been a windows update that damaged the drivers, but am not sure.

A:i recently lost my wifi and ethernet

The driver for the windows 7 OS for this model is not available and only driver available is for Microsoft Windows Vista. Here is the link for the windows Vista OS driver's : http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6000-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/... If you could share the Hardware ID which you can in device manager under network controller/ other devices( if the driver is not installed ), i can try to get the driver. RegardsSATISHP4 Click " Thumb's up " icon if the question is answered/resolved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/i-recently-lost-my-wifi-and-ethernet/td-p/5695249
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi All we have just purchased a AIO 300-23ACL All-in-One PC and after 1 week of operation we have lost all wifi connectivity. I have run the windows 10 troubleshooters and had no luck. I can't see any sort of wireless card in device manager and have tried reinstalling all the wifi drivers from lenovo with no sucess. Is it possible a wifi dongle/modem provided by our ISP has disabled the card? If so any idea on how I can fix this I'm contemplating returning the PC to where I brought it as at the moment its almost useless to me.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Brand-New-AIO-300-23ACL-All-in-One-Lost-Wifi/td-p/3355899
Relevancy 45.15%

I upgraded a few days ago on my ACER Aspire 605G from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and I lost wifi capability.  After upgrading numerous drivers, The Qualcomm Atheros Wireless LA Driver gave a message that said, "The device may not be present or could have been ejected/unplugged from the system.  Insert or reinsert now."  Is that the root of the problem. How do I fix the wifi access?  Thanks for your help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Lost-Wifi-after-Win10-upgrade-from-Win-7/td-p/431312/jump-to/first-unread-message