Windows Support Forum

Gaming Keyboard And Mouse Advice Needed

Q: Gaming Keyboard And Mouse Advice Needed

I need a new keyboard and mouse for my pc.
It is a windows 10. The specs are on my profile.

I am going to get a gaming mouse and keyboard. Under ?100 if possible.

Can I get any sort? Are they plug and play?
Any recomendations? Any to avoid?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/64668-gaming-keyboard-mouse-advice-needed.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Gaming Keyboard And Mouse Advice Needed

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.45%

Hiya,

I debated for about 5-10 minutes whether this would be a hardware or a games thread... Whilst technically the thread is concerning hardware advice it's more to do with their correlation to games?

Plus I figured regular Games forum go-ers might have slightly more experience in this field

Simple question really, I'm looking for a decent gaming mouse and keyboard, as all my life I've had boring simple keyboards and mice and this bottom of the line wireless Logitech is just embarrassing now!

Looking to spend about £70? Maybe a little more if the cost:quality ratio is higher, not necessarily looking for a definite combo, ie, if you can recommend a mouse and then a separate keyboard for the same price then go ahead

Thanks in advance,

Apologies if this is the wrong forum xD

Chris

Relevancy 72.24%

I was in the process of building a new gaming box a few months ago but I had to put the plans on hold for a bit Now I m back in the saddle and I should be pulling the trigger on the parts gaming box New advice needed in the next month or so These are the parts that I have so far Case - Antec Monitor - Acer New gaming box advice needed quot with max resolution of x OS New gaming box advice needed - Vista bit I need some help picking out the rest of the components I haven t built a pc in over six years so it s going New gaming box advice needed to be a work-in-progress The new pc is going to be used primarily for gaming MMO FPS and strategy games with some video editing on the side HD home videos of family I know that there is no such that as building a quot future proof quot pc However I would like to be able to put together one that I will be using for the next - years without a lot of problems I have never OC ed a pc and to be honest I m really hesitant to do so unless the machine can t handle current games and I can t afford to upgrade it I m afraid that I ll stress something to the point of no return because I had no idea what I was doing and fubar it This is what I have in mind so far Please feel free to interject and let me know if there are better options out there CPU E E or Q age old faster duo core vs slightly slower quad core dilemma CPU Cooler ZEROtherm Nirvana NV mm seems to have solid reviews MOBO No idea GPU This is the really hard part See below PSU w that will fit into the Antec and can run the it solidly Memory GB not sure of the make though HDD Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM SATA Gb s MB Cache pretty cheap and large HDD My monitor will only support a maximum resolution of x Am I correct in that the higher end cards such as the x and GTX cards may be a bit of an overkill because I won t be running anything at x Because this box will be primarily used for gaming I don t mind investing in a solid graphics card I m just not sure which way to go Any recommendations Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:New gaming box advice needed

Future proof imo would be a xfx 790 motherboard with 3 way sli(for future added cards) or you can go with a striker 2 extreme from Asus. Throw a 9800gtx in there for now, those run a little over 200 usd if I remember right. Then you can add 2 more in the future...if you'd like. 4 Gb's of ddr3 of your liking.

Those items will run you about 500 usd or so all together. That's as future proof as you're going to...until the "future" comes that is.

I'd say go with the quad so you wont have to upgrade your cpu anytime soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-box-advice-needed.111145/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi all i am about to order my new PC it will be for gaming maybe little music and movies but gaming is only thing realy its being built for The site i am buying it from is iBUILD Intel i Extreme Gaming Custom PC Power Computing Custom PCs Gaming PCs Laptops Motherboards Workstations i am needing some advice as what parts i should add to it I know im going to be told to build it myself but there is problems with for Some needed gaming rig. advice my that i have never built one before tho im pretty sure i could but main problem is that i live in the UK and prices here with tax is Some advice needed for my gaming rig. like higher then USA i priced the items up and Some advice needed for my gaming rig. all i would save is So if you could look at this site and check that i have picked the right parts please guys it would be greatly appreciated The specs i have picked so far are as follows Also guys money isnt realy an option as i plan on this pc lasting me for a few years tho would like to keep it around the k mark and remember parts here are way above what you guys pay for them in America CoolerMaster HAF i like the look of the case ASUS P X D Premium i was told that it will support the new processor chips coming out in few years Intel Core i GHz the said they will overclock it to for me should i take them up on this CoolerMaster W Silent Pro M Modular want it to be future proof Noctua NH-U P i Fan amp Heatsink amp CPU Overcloc tho they said that they can put in the domino water cooler if i wish for extra Corsair XMS GB x GB DDR MHz or is gb better choice maybe over kill tho OCZ Vertex Turbo Solid State Flash Drive gb for OS and games TB RPM SATA II GTX or wait couple of weeks for gtx i like the look of the hd tho last ati card i had the drivers put me away in the head also am getting a htz monitor for d i dont think ati support that do they Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit or pay extra for professional Year Return to Base Warranty with Free Collect amp Return which also covers parts Any advice will be great

A:Some advice needed for my gaming rig.

That would be an awesome gaming rig mate!
Now for the suggestions -
If they are going to overclock your i7, make sure you keep those temps low by paying ?20 for the domino water cooling.
ATi drivers are getting better, and if you are going to keep this rig for a little while, the drivers will mature. So for the GPU go for 2x 5850. Stick with the GTX 295 if you aren''t going over 1920*1080 on screen resolution.
Have you got a monitor, keyboard and mouse to go with all of this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/67372-some-advice-needed-my-gaming-rig.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I ve made the decision to move to PC gaming and am currently looking at Gaming Cooling needed PC First for Advice a couple custom builds by Australian Based quot HardWired PCs quot Living in Sydney this would be a logical choice of manufacturer for me and ive had friends recommend them as well So originally i was looking at their quot Repear Junior quot as it would fit well into my budget of around including peripherals However I really like their quot Hush quot model and this fits well into my budget as well There are just a few things im uncertain about and would really appreciate it if someone could help me out There are a few requirements that I would need in my PC Cooling Advice needed for First Gaming PC and these are i cpu preferably k nvidia gpu for rendering with cuda cores gb ram and adequate cooling since my rendering will drive the system to probably Here s the quot Hush quot build i was thinking of case NZXT H case fans Corsair Airflow High Performance cooling Noctua NH-U S multi-socket cpu intel i K Ghz quad core Cooling Advice needed for First Gaming PC mobo Asus z k ram corsair GB vengeance Mhz DDR GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX GB GDDR HDD TB Caviar Black PSU corsair RM- W silent plus gold efficient Wi-Fi TP-Link TL-EDN Wireless PCIE adaptor OS Windows bit Monitor Asus VE H inch widescreen full HD ms LED monitor And here are my questions The case used by Hardwired is potimised for silence and in doing so their is limited space for air to enter the case for this reason i am worried that the airflow will not be adequate IS this correct Would it be fine with the Performance Fans rather than the stock fans and What about the CPU cooler How does that hold up should i or do i need to spend a bit more on the motherboard or is the current one adequate What about the monitor I dont want to spend to much on a monitor and p is fine Any alternatives you might suggest The HDD I ve chosen - is it adequate for gaming or is it more of a budget orientated hard drive that will cause load times to be painfully long Again any help is appreciated and any other suggestions for parts or builds are welcome as well Thanks in advance for any help you can give B nbsp

A:Cooling Advice needed for First Gaming PC

Looking at the H440, it has a 3 in/ 4 out configuration- more than enough. I assume that there will be 2 in/ 2 out as stock based on the fan prices. I would have no problem with this at all with stock fans, but for an extra 10 bucks, the performance fans are probably a good bet. Generally they will be a little quieter and run better.

CPU cooler- again, for the price i would up to a H110 with the 140 fans- I use one and they tend to be good.Generally it is recommended that the rad is situated on in fans, but I have never found a problem with exhaust fans, and I would assume that this would sit in the roof cavity.
As far as mobo goes, Intel tend to be the lower spec it terms of stock speeds. However against this, the difference generally isn't enough to make any real difference, unless you want to o/c (I did) or want every last ounce out of your system. I assume you are looking at photoshop or similar for rendering, and in this case, Intel would be rock solid.

Monitor- a 24" is small. Personally I cant really use anything less than a 27- I don't know what options you have, but for any sort of graphics, I really wouldn't go under the 27 mark. AS long as you can get 1080 on it, its really going to come down to looking at it and deciding what suits you best. IT may be a bit mor emoney, but there si little worse than 6 months on thinking that that little extra could have made a difference.

HDD- If you are looking at a lot of rendring/ intensive graphics, go for an SSD- no doubt at all. I have an EVO 1Tb- overkill generally, a 512 (if you can afford it) will do nicely although I wouldn't go under a 256, and a large cap normal HD to actually store on. You want OS, main progs, and rendering on the SSD (my opinion) although main progs depend on whether you mind a longer initial load time- generally not too important.

Generally it looks a solid build- you may hear things about Corsair PSUs (quality has dropped in some ranges) but I have an RM, and cant really fault it. Its big enough for what you want, and solid.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cooling-advice-needed-for-first-gaming-pc.1135996/
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey guys just joined the forum after ending up here after numerous building I'm a gaming Advice needed PC. Google searches thought it best I join up and ask seek some advice As per the title I m in the planning stages of building a gaming pc I don t really have a budget but anything under including all the components and a monitor is best for me I m not one for saving so I ll spend more if absolutely necessary I m willing to buy online or in-store but I m pretty sure than online is cheaper for me this is my first build and I ve yet to do more than add a list of things to I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed a basket lol it ll be early February next year before I can think about buying anything I ll be using Windows ultimate -bit if I can help I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed it in other words if what I ve chosen for this computer which I ll list below will let me use that Anyways here s my list I ve found what I think I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed is everything I need on pixmania ie I just wanna know if these will all work together or fail miserably then I ll look for cheaper deals closer to the time Motherboard Euro ASUS Rampage III Formula - LGA Socket - Intel X Express ICH R Chipset - ATX Processor on it s own but I m getting a fan a gel with it for Euro Intel Core i K - GHz - MB L Cache - LGA Socket boxed edition RAM Corsair x GB DDR - PC - CL XMS PC Memory CMX GX M A C Memory WESTERN DIGITAL TB Caviar Green SATA Hard Drive Power Supply Euro OCZ ZX Series W PC Power Unit OCZ-ZX W-UN Graphics Card MSI GeForce GTX Ti Twin Frozr II - GB GDDR - PCI-Express N GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II OC CD DVD Drive Euro HP CD-RW DVD-ROM combo drive - IDE Case Cooler Master HAF PC Tower Case - black Also on my list is an anti-static wristband as I ve heard they re helpful I m mostly confused about the power supply and if everything will work together I ve also picked that case as it s quite big and it apparently has really great cooling capabilities so if it could house all of that hardware I d be really happy if not I ll get something that works Also has the motherboard got enough slots for everything I d like to get a second graphics card but not for a while if that is do-able that or maybe add a sound card down the line which I can see myself doing Thanks for taking the time to read all of that I look forward to hearing from everyone nbsp

A:I'm building a gaming PC. Advice needed

The motherboard you have selected is an LGA 1366 socket which will not support the i7 2600K. Pick an LGA 1155 motherboard (preferably a Z68 chipset). Also, for a gaming setup I would pick the i5 2500K as you wouldn't really require the horsepower of the i7 in games. Money saved could be spent on a better mobo/GPU.

You will not require a 1250W PSU. I would recommend the Corsair TX 750 instead. Pick a better memory kit (1600MHz).

For the GPU, pick a Radeon HD 6950 over the GTX 560 Ti. However, this is a very personal opinion. The 6950 does perform a few frames better in most tests. You could add a second one in CrossFire later on. 2x HD 6950 outperforms SLI GTX 560.

Look at the Cooler Master CM 690 II as your case. It's fantastic at it's price point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-building-a-gaming-pc-advice-needed.172374/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, I want to buy a new keyboard, preferably for gaming. Looking for different suggestions for each price range:

30-50$
50-80$
80-120$

Thanks!

A:Solved: WTB Gaming keyboard [advice]

Thinking about the razer one, but it's a bit expensive for me.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RAZER-RZ03-0...289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item2a45dfbd29

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wtb-gaming-keyboard-advice.1150145/
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Gigabyte GM-Force M7 optical gaming mouse that occasionally has a mind of it's own. About every 5 minutes or so while gaming (never in any other context) it begins to move on it's own and the right/left buttons sometimes go off. This usually lasts for about 10 to 15 seconds (or until I unplug it). The computer I'm using is Acer Aspire V5-572PG. So far I have tried:

- Unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in.
- Using a different USB port.
- Using a different mouse (also optical; works fine on another windows 8 computer).
- Re-installing the driver.

Probably unrelated but my webcam also doesn't work despite re-installing the driver. I may have to reset my computer to factory default at this rate.

A:Optical mouse wigs out while gaming - any advice?

If it's working in "normal" programs I would suspect the game it gives troubles. What kind of mouse pad are you using ? I found out that ordinary piece of cardboard of natural color works best despite all those fancy-shmancy mouse pads.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/49475-optical-mouse-wigs-out-while-gaming-any-advice.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi guys. I am looking for a new gaming mouse & keyboard for my pc

any suggestions?

money is not a problem

A:Gaming Mouse & Keyboard

Heyy, welcome to Vista Forums!
I would have a look at Razer and Logitech, they sell some nice gear, and the designs look amazing.
For gaming, I've just got a Logitech wireless Playstation2 controller plugged into an adapter to USB, does me perfect.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/283859-gaming-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all,

I purchased a Gigabyte M6980 Gaming mouse today & have insalled the CD that came with it, which installed a Macroing program (windows is still
detecting it as a HID-Compliant Mouse not sure if thats normal) & the main problem is i cant seem to bind the side keys in world of warcraft,
trying to keybind with them it simply doesnt do anything, is there anything im missing or should do to get it them to be bindable?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

A:Gigabyte M6980 Gaming mouse help needed!

I don't play wow but is there any options in the settings/options
of wow where you can change bindings for the controls.
Wow may be running some hacker prevention software in
the background that blocks macros,like punkbuster or something.
Hackers like to use macros to create bots to cheat in game.
Only thing I can think of.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gigabyte-m6980-gaming-mouse-help-needed.1033354/
Relevancy 67.94%

I've got my mind set on buying these parts so you would need a pretty solid argument to get me to change, i would just like to hear what you think about these parts and if theres something genuinely bad about them that might make me want to choose something else.

Keyboard: Logitech Gaming Keyboard G110 - USB - $59.99

Mouse: Logitech G700 910-001436 Gaming Mouse - USB, Laser, 5,700 dpi, Black - $79.99

A:Thoughts on my keyboard and mouse?(gaming)

Well for "real gaming" I couldn't live without my N52 gaming keypad (Seperate keypad for gaming, not a keyboard).

I then have an earlier version of thet KB just for the backlighting but I don't use anyoff the gaming features on it really, but otherwise a decent KB.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/130116-thoughts-my-keyboard-mouse-gaming.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I got a nice big gift card for X-mas and want to get a new keyboard/mouse combo. I was wondering if there is any problems with wireless keyboards/mice and gaming. I play shooters/RPG/RTS/Simulations, pretty much all genre. Does anyone know of any good ones to get??

A:Wireless keyboard/mouse and gaming...

My advice, get one with a rechargeable mouse, there is nothing worse than your mouse not working because the batteries have died, other than that, I doubt you'll notice a difference between wired and wireless as long as you have the only set in the house.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-mouse-and-gaming.664779/
Relevancy 67.94%

I recently bought a HP Pavilion 15 n083sa, All is well with the system until I load an 3D games.

When moving using the WASD keys, I am unable to pan using the mouse pad, this makes it impossible to play many of my favourite games.

I've looked in the control panel and mouse settings and can't find any obvious solution, (I was hoping for a tickbox saying Disable mousepad while typing but there isn't one)

Am I missing something? I need these things to work simultaneously for gaming.

Thanks all!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-will-not-move-when-using-keyboard-gaming.1116066/
Relevancy 67.94%

I was on Amazon com looking at the Logitech gaming mice and keyboards In particular this keyboard http www amazon com Logitech- - TF amp coliid I HFPICXO YVFH amp colid CXCNQ RANJ And this mouse http www amazon com gp product B amp creative amp creativeASIN B J GDXI I ve never owned a gaming mouse or keyboard before So I am wondering what the benefits really are in gameplay Starting questions keyboard and Gaming mouse off with the mouse I can t recall what my Microsoft laser mouse DPI is but I m sure it s nowhere near the of the Logitech gaming mouse above How much difference does that really make say when playing a shooter How does it affect gameplay Is it Gaming keyboard and mouse questions easier to aim quickly and accurately Does it help you to play better There must be some reason people like them I d like to understand how beneficial they are As for all the extra buttons I don t honestly see myself using them Do people really find all those buttons on a mouse helpful What for What do people activate with them On to the Logitech gaming keyboards The one I linked above I think is their entry level model I like the backlit keys feature That is pretty cool Some of the other stuff seems pretty useless to me personally The defining feature of this keyboard really seems to be the macro keys So the question is what are they good for I m trying to imagine what I d want to macro in a shooter for example What would I want to macro playing some RPG What would I want to macro playing World of Warcraft Once again people like these a lot for some reason but I am honestly clueless about what specifically it is So please enlighten the clueless Thanks a lot for any feedback on this stuff I appreciate it nbsp

A:Gaming keyboard and mouse questions

The mouse buttons can come in handy for things like reloading during gameplay. Hitting the mouse button with your thumb can certainly be quicker than hitting it with a finger on the keyboard.

The sensitivity and the acceleration (measured in G's, for g force) can be quite important, but so is having a good quality mouse mat to go with it. Ultimately speaking the higher the rating the more accurate the mouse is, and how sensitive it is to movement during gameplay.

Having adjustable DPI settings can be useful for things like sniping, where you can knock it down a touch to make the scope sight move slower. I use my Logitech G9 mouse at the highest setting all the time, but the option to reduce it on the fly can be handy some times.

As for the keyboard, those extra buttons could be used to perform multi-button actions during gameplay, or just used to perform certain functions in replacement of the existing keyboard buttons in use.

I must admit that having owned many gaming keyboards, I've ever really used the macro functions, so someone else would probably be better explaining this.

The backlit keys are indeed very helpful, especially in late night gaming sessions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-keyboard-and-mouse-questions.177732/
Relevancy 67.94%

After a long 4 years using the Logitech Dinovo Bluetooh mouse and keyboard set, i've noticed this set aint that good for gaming. Also the thing keeps loosing sycn once in awhile.

So i've been looking, and i have found a mice and a keyboard of my liking, but i have two of each, and need some knowledgeable people to help me decide on which would be good.

Keyboard: Logitech G15 Version2, or Razer Lycosa keyboard

Mouse: Razer lectheis, or Razer Copper head

Those are it lol.

Thanks in advance.

A:Decision help on Gaming keyboard/mouse!

I've heard good things about the Saitek Eclipse keyboards, or the Saitek Cyborg keyboard if you can afford it.

And for mouse, the Saitek Cybgorg mouse is very good, but expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/decision-help-on-gaming-keyboard-mouse.98098/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi. First post here, so please excuse me if I've posted this in the wrong subforum.

When playing games, I can't use the keyboard and click on the mouse at the same time. I have to first stop using the keyboard, then wait a few seconds, then be able to click with the mouse.

Any ways to fix this? It's really irritating when playing, especially with those shooter games. Sniping isn't really my speciality

Thanks,
B

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/51642-keyboard-mouse-wont-work-together-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey all New user first post Mouse and gaming up Keyboard lock Please forgive me if there's a post about this before I did a search and didn't Keyboard and Mouse lock up gaming turn up anything quite like mine Ok so let's start with the system specs Self-built machine with Z chipset mobo Intel i - k processor Nvidia GTX gpu gb Corsair RAM power supply Keyboard and Mouse lock up gaming exceeds the needs of the system The symptoms While gaming my keyboard and mouse will sometimes freeze temporarily or permanently This usually happens when I'm playing League of Legends however it has started doing it with other games If it's a temporary freeze I'll notice a distinct framerate drop after it unfreezes and it will recover Keyboard and Mouse lock up gaming If it's permanent the keyboard and mouse will lock up the lights on both will blink on and off and I'll have to restart my computer to recover control Solutions I have tried Driver updates for anything and everything from USB to GPU drivers Anti-virus scans with free AVG check power loads on rails to ensure proper power supply About myself I built this machine myself I cannot say that I am the most computer proficient person out there but I consider myself to be much more competent than many As such I may have not checked something properly If anyone has any ideas then I'd greatly appreciate hearing them Cheers

A:Keyboard and Mouse lock up gaming

Welcome,
Have you run any other scans - like Malware bytes Antimalware or Super AntiSpyWare?
Keyboard and mouse wired or wireless? If wireless are batteries fresh?
Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536984/keyboard-and-mouse-lock-up-gaming/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I have tried everything I Freezing gaming Keyboard/Mouse during can to fix this and now I m at the end of the rope I hate to ask for help as I realize this is done on a voluntary basis I however appreciate any help you give and thank you in advance My mouse and keyboard keep freezing when playing games It will not freeze on games such as pokerstars full tilt poker and pogo It will freeze on WOW worldwinner and such I have tried using different mice and keyboards I have adware spybot AVG and Windows Firewall activated I have done scans checked device manager performed windows update and I may Keyboard/Mouse Freezing during gaming be forgetting a few things but please see logs as requested and I will patiently await a response Thanks Much HJThis log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Sony Content Transfer ContentTransferWMDetector exe C Windows System wpcumi exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware Ad-Aware exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Users cfusse Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO NCO IE BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO BrowserHelper Class - A D F - B- FE -ABEB- B E E CD - C Program Files SGPSA SearchAssistant dll file missing O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO MSN Toolbar BHO - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform npwinext dll ... Read more

Relevancy 67.51%

I've not found much information while conducting a search here on LogiTech Drivers. From what I understand LogiTech isn't creating drivers for Windows 7 Beta, should I just use the Vista versions despite getting a Compatiability Message?

A:LogiTech, G5 Gaming Mouse & Wave Keyboard

Yes. Vista drivers work on Windows 7. There should be no fear at all.
Also, if you want to help the drivers, install it in compatibility mode :
Right click on the install file, then properties.
Then, click on "Compatibility" tab then check "Run in compatibility" mode and select Windows Vista SP1
Click OK.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/13095-logitech-g5-gaming-mouse-wave-keyboard.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Not as easy as title may read I am using xp pro with a Labtec wireless keyboard advice. keyboard/mouse of Uninstallation amp mouse and the scroll wheel has broken in the mouse so i have bought a usb wireless mouse The existing keyboard mouse connects with a black square receiver box of which then has leads so it can be plugged into the mouse amp keyboard port at the rear of the pc I have plugged in Uninstallation of keyboard/mouse advice. the new usb wireless mouse ok but the system still works with the old broken mouse In the mouse settings box both mice are listed but is it possible to dissable the broken mouse so the new mouse will work there is no option to dissable the mouse Uninstallation of keyboard/mouse advice. on the screen like there is for the new usb wireless mouse Failing that how can i uninstall the complete keyboard mouse as the only listing in add remove programs is the labtec wireless desktop of which is just somekind of add on software as with this removed the keyboard mouse still works Thanks nbsp

A:Uninstallation of keyboard/mouse advice.

Try working in Device Manager (Start - Run - devmgmt.msc - OK). Not sure exactly what you'll see there, but first look under Mice and other pointing devices. See if you can right click on the unwanted mouse and disable or uninstall it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/uninstallation-of-keyboard-mouse-advice.908143/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a PIII 733, tyan 1854 motherboard, 512MB of pc133 ram, running Windows 2000. Very consistently, every OTHER time I boot, I do not get a mouse or keyboard, no errors, not pointer, no curser. It looks like it booted perfectly but I am missing my pointer, mouse and keyboard support. Any ideas

A:{Advice Offered} - No mouse or keyboard in WIN2K

Greetings

Um... stop rebooting. Win2K needs extremely few reboots (as compared to Win9x and WinNT).

Just leave the PC on (I belong to the group of people who think leaving a PC on forever is better then constantly turning it on and off... I mean, look at servers, they stay on 24/7/365).

Personally, my PC has been on this whole year so far... never turned it off (it has been rebooted numerous times due to the fact that Nt4 has been installed twice, Win2K Advanced Server installed once and Win2K Professional has been installed twice), but the power has never been turned off...

And it is still running like a horse... even though almost all the components are over three years old (the HD is new cos I needed a bigger HD, the original HD still works though).
Anyway... those where my 2 cents

Cheers
------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-no-mouse-or-keyboard-in-win2k.29633/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I'm looking for a solution since days with non success so I hope that someone wll be able to help me To make a long story short I installed Windows coming from Windows and I was facing trobles with my USB ports I tried to fix this but now my USB ports don't work antmore meaning no mouse and no keyboard MEanwhile both mouse and keyboard work well Under the BIOS menu and the start-up menu Under BIOS I tried to restore reinstall rebuild etc etc Nothing works I made a Windows DVD ISO launch it but no success What can I do I was thinking about an external connection from another laptop being Under the same network both in WiFi I know the IP and the PC name as well as the user name no password but I can I do this if possible no HELP No keyboard... NEEDED mouse, Could you please help me Of oucrse I can reinstall everything but I'll loose some data and all my installed application so this would be the last solution I'm looking for a solution which could let my data and applications as they are THANK YOU IN ADVANCE Regards David

A:No mouse, no keyboard... HELP NEEDED

Save, try borrowing a different keyboard and mouse and see if they will work. I assume that you've tried different USB ports.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/46810-no-mouse-no-keyboard-help-needed.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I've had a series of problems with my computer lately First of all sometimes while playing games with high graphics the monitor will lose signal and there seems nothing I can do to fix it besides restart Strangely enough keyboard together Monitor gaming; mouse randomly signal and loses while die after dusting the computer out and pulling out and putting in the RAM I haven't had this problem anymore but I am worried it will come back and I wonder what the cause of the signal loss was Also the keyboard and mouse sometimes both die on me no matter what I am doing on the computer The monitor will still work after this happens Also I've just noticed that my computer says I only have GB ram when Monitor loses signal while gaming; keyboard and mouse randomly die together in fact I have GB installed Not sure if that's related Any ideas on the cause of these problems and if they are related My computer is about years old a Digital Storm computer Intel Core i CPU GHz GB RAM but says only GB GeForce FTX card Windows Vista SP W power supply fans Thank you for your help

A:Monitor loses signal while gaming; keyboard and mouse randomly die together

As an update, my computer got a BSoD while watching a movie on netflix. I also ran a MEMTEST and no errors...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/monitor-loses-signal-while-gaming-keyboard-and-mouse-randomly-die-together-688476.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I am looking for the best wireless keyboard + mouse.

I want it to be for gaming as well, long range.

Price is not important.

Suggestions will be appreciated!

A:Wireless keyboard + mouse suggestion needed!

Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 5500 Revolution, Bluetooth, Rechargeable Laser Mouse, Keyboard with Built-in LCD Display and Palm Rest

Newegg.com - Logitech MX 5500 Revolution Black Bluetooth Cordless Desktop Standard keyboard & Mouse Kit

$140

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/114682-wireless-keyboard-mouse-suggestion-needed.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Ok so

My internet cable is connected to my Linksys Router, which gives me access to the internet, but the problem is that when I turn the Router on, or plug one end of the cable into it or the computer while its on, the Microsoft Mouse/Keyboard's Reciver goes insane, there is 3 lights on it which dont stop blinking and the mouse and keyboard are rendered useless

It also seems that it is pressing " shift " as Sticky keys comes up all the time.

Any help would be nice. Thanks

A:Wireless mouse/keyboard goes mental. Help needed.

IS this by chance a wireless router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wireless-mouse-keyboard-goes-mental-help-needed.73558/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi all --

Moving hubby's Windows system around and realizing what a pain these wired components are.

Can anyone recommend a decent wireless keyboard/mouse that isn't too expensive?

Thanks in advance!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recommendation-needed-wireless-keyboard-mouse.510992/
Relevancy 64.07%

Okay I ll tell you about this mysterious that just occured to me and I am very worried about it since I am broke I have a Steelseries Shift keyboard and a Steelseries Kinzu V mouse My stopped Keyboard urgent help needed. working, mouse motherboard is a MSI GM-E Today when I was just casual stuff I do at my PC surfing at Keyboard mouse stopped working, urgent help needed. the internet playing some games the keyboard started spazzing out when I was typing in Chrome windows started popping up when I typed the letter Keyboard mouse stopped working, urgent help needed. s it added a sign before it After a while I decided to reinstall my steelseries mouse firmware it started Keyboard mouse stopped working, urgent help needed. updating The keyboard got finished at the mouse it got stuck at for several minutes so I just restarted my computer My keyboard and mouse had stopped working I tried to access the bios didn t work I tried everything and my mouse just stopped working too What the hell can this problem be I never had anything this weird happen to me I wish someone could try to come with a soloution ASAP nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

I am trying to do a Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack repair install on a Dell XPS computer which only has USB ports and none of the old style PS Mouse and Keyboard ports The repair install Needed XP Repair Files or Scree On USB Mouse Install-Stuck During Solved: Keyboard No was going great until a screen came up as illustrated in second post attachment asking for quot Files Needed quot for the Network Port I cannot Tab Solved: No USB Mouse or Keyboard During XP Repair Install-Stuck On Files Needed Scree through or use the Mouse to cancel to Solved: No USB Mouse or Keyboard During XP Repair Install-Stuck On Files Needed Scree let Windows continue the Windows Repair Installation aka In-Place Upgrade Doesn t Windows XP Home Edition Solved: No USB Mouse or Keyboard During XP Repair Install-Stuck On Files Needed Scree With Service Pack have driver files to activate the USB Mouse and USB Keyboard I am stuck on this screen and afraid to do a hard restart because I am concerned that I will not get another chance to do a Repair Installation Will the Operating System be found if I run the install again and it gets to the part where it looks for existing installations to offer the Repair option Can I somehow load the USB drivers for the Mouse and Keyboard at the beginning when it asks to press F to load third-party drivers or is that just for hard drive controller drivers I have an old Floppy Drive that I could try to plug into the Motherboard if it even has a Floppy connection on the Motherboard--I will look after posting this From what I understand--you can only load the F drivers from a Floppy during an XP installation Much thanks to anyone that can indicate what the next course of action should be I will leave the computer on and stuck on that screen until hopefully someone posts some thoughts ideas or strategy What do I do now--it s after Midnight and I cannot proceed further My Brother-in-law is driving miles to pick up this computer Saturday night that I promised to fix for him photos of monitor screen to follow once I upload them to photo site nbsp

A:Solved: No USB Mouse or Keyboard During XP Repair Install-Stuck On Files Needed Scree

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-no-usb-mouse-or-keyboard-during-xp-repair-install-stuck-on-files-needed-scree.1034962/
Relevancy 52.46%

hey guys, i'm thinking about picking up something like this:
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=043

i see a lot of gaming keyboards out there and was wondering how they're better? do they just have more buttons to allow for more macros?

thanks guys

Relevancy 52.03%

hello
I hope someone can help me. I currently work as a Field Support Engineer for the Post Office, but I will soon be changing jobs and working for a local secondary school as Network Manager.
There appears to have been no documenting of the network as it has grown, as many different people have been administering at different times.
I would like your views on how to approach this situation, causing the least amount of disturbance to the network but enabling me to gather as much info as possilbe.

many thanks to you all in advance

marc

A:{Advice offered} - Advice needed

Greetings

My advice: Go in on a weekend and re-install everything

Ok, now onto more practical advice:

Firstly, get a picture of the network. This means getting a floorplan of the buildings, walking around going from room to room, and writing down the number of PCs, the software OS (and service pack level, if applicable) installed, current hardware installed and the router they connect to.

Do the same for your servers. It is vitally important to know what hardware is in each PC, and what the specs of the PC are.

Next, you need to get a Logical map of your network. This is a picture of the IP addresses of the Routers, printers and servers (and workstations, if you are not using DHCP), and where the different subnet's are situated. You need to see what services are installed on your Servers (WINS, DNS, DHCP, IIS, Proxy etc). At this time, it is also a good idea to get a list of the accounts on the Server. You need to see which accounts are being used to run certain services, and make sure that only Service accounts are running those services. Next, you need to take away any user accounts that no longer correspond to people using the system (ie. if Mr Bradshaw last worked at the school 5 years ago, it is time to delete his user account). Ditto with any user home drives assigned to defunct users.

Lastly, you need to compile a list of discepancies. Look at your list created in the forst step, and get an idea of what a standard PC is (ie: Standard PC = at least Pent 200, minimum 32 Megs RAM, 4 Gig HD, CD-ROM, 100 Meg Network Card, DHCP IP address, WINS enabled, Win98 First Edition, Office 97 SP2, IE5.0, McAfee 4 {Scan Engine 4.0.26 Definition file 4038}). Once you have decided on what is the current base, you need to see which PCs are below that spec: if all the workstations in one room have 32 Megs of RAM except for one PC which has 16 Megs, it needs to be noted. If all PCs use DHCP, except for one room, which are all on a different subnet, and have static IP addresses, it needs to be noted. Once you have a list of discrepancies, you should talk to your supervisor: First about bringing those PCs that are woefully under spec to some semblance of usability, and then see where you can upgrade slowly the software (get McAfee or Norton Antivirus up to the latest scan engine and virus definition files, Office to the latest service pack etc).

This might take a while, but use the time to try and clean out all the bumpf (old programs, data, etc - just make sure that it is junk before you get rid of it) that accumulates especially from the server.

I hope that gets you started

------------------
Reuel Miller
Windows NT Moderator (yes, that does make me biased )

[email protected]

Every morning is the dawn of a new error...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-offered-advice-needed.29141/
Relevancy 51.17%

hi there my mouse jumps around the screen and upon restart neither my mouse moving mouse restart, not working Solved: keyboard trojan? irradically, on and mouse or my keyboard would work without unplugging them and re-plugging Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? them in also i have alot of suspicious processes running that wont turn off and my internet is very jumpy and pages take along time to load below is my HJT log thanks for looking Hello there thank you for taking the time to help me i really appreciate it below is my HJT log file i also have an active scan log file which found a trojan i believe any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLanCfgG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C WINNT system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgwb dat C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll file missing O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINNT IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ID EYTHM C PROGRA COMMON Adobe ADOBEV Server bin VERSIO EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AirPort Base Station Agent quot C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe quot O - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-moving-irradically-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-on-restart-trojan.761670/
Relevancy 51.17%

After about 1 minute the mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until I left click mouse. Tool bar on browser also greys out but comes back after left click. Video and sound also are choppy. Not sure if this is related. Flash keeps crashing. Any ideas whats wrong? Windows 7 pro. Asus desktop. This occurs on Firefox, Chrome and IE. This seemed to start after Microsoft update and Flash updates

A:Mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until left click of mouse

Hello mpmckee,

First run Antivirus, Malware, and Spyware scans. Remove anything the programs find.

Note: if you need some suggestions on which tools to use, let me know.

Afterwards, test functionally of mouse and keyboard.

If no change, run System Restore, choose a Restore point before the issue started.

Again test behavior of mouse and keyboard.

If the issue has been resolved, go ahead and reinstall windows Updates.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307791-mouse-scroll-keyboard-stop-working-until-left-click-mouse.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 51.17%

I purchased an Asus ET2410IUTS-5 All-In-One PC. It came with a wireless full keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard works fine but the mouse does nothing. All properties say both devices are installed and working properly but the mouse still does nothing. Model number on each device is as follows:
Keyboard - AK1L
Mouse - AM1L
Receiver - AR1L

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 51.17%

I got a wireless mouse Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse | Posturite. It is supposed to use generic windows 2.4 Ghz adapter. However, windows 7 is unable to find any drivers. The screenshot of device manager is appended. I tried various other ways e.g. take out other USB devices, reboot etc. I tried sfc /scannow . But the error persists. There is no usb.inf file in the C:\Windows . It works in Windows 8 machine but not in windows 7. other 2.4 Ghz mice work. The manufacturer says that they don't provide the drivers because the mouse uses generic drivers
Please advise what can be done.

A:2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard mouse driver not found (Penguin mouse)

Did you do a Search of the Windows Folder including subFolders and hidden Files? My Win7Ult has several such files but only 2 that are usb.inf only in subFolders of Windows, others have longer names but most appear to be associated with my AMD CPU/Gigabyte Motherboard setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/341712-2-4-ghz-wireless-keyboard-mouse-driver-not-found-penguin-mouse.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 50.31%

I've been using a gaming laptop for the last 2 years and it's time I got a dedicated gaming PC. Can you please give me recommendations on the best gaming PCs out there and the specs I should get? I don't have a budget. Thanks

A:Need advice on gaming PC

Well to really answer this properly we need a budget. Can you or a friend build your own?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-on-gaming-pc.180164/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have been talking about building a real good gaming computer on TSG for awhile now Im rilly hiting a wall when it comes to an SLI mother Rig, Changes? Advice Gaming My or Sli Any board The ASUS A N Sli Preium MotherBoard was supposed to come out this past Monday a Vender told me and i called again and he now says in a few weeks Im rilly disapointed b c i have been waiting to My Gaming Sli Rig, Any Advice or Changes? build my new gaming rig for awhile now Im ready to build just need a mother board to come out Anyway heres the direction im going with for the build CPU AMD Athlon FX Socket Processor Mother Board Unknown ASUS A N Sli quot Preium quot if i can ever get one RAM CORSAIR XMS GB x MB GB x MB if possable with Dual Chanal Video Cards x eVGA mb Geforce Ultra MB mb vid RAM Total Hard Drives x Western Digital Raptor GB RPM Serial ATA CD RW DVD R RW x PLEXTOR sata drives Sound CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy ZS Platinum Channels PCI Interface w front Panal Video Capture Kworld Video Magician PCI Interface Video Editing Kit w front panal Power Supply Antec TruePower TP - EPS V ATX V W OS Update Microsoft Windows XP Professional With Service Pack Monitor HYUNDAI L D Silver quot ms LCD Monitor Mouse Logitech MX red Keyboard Saitek Black USB Eclipse Keyboard with blue back lit keys Case Ultra Demon FX B my current case i love it led fans cold cathode uv sensitive etc Any advice or changes you all think i should make to this build i am open to and willing to change Thanks Da Bob nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,
I'm not 100% sure if I'm posting this in the correct forum spot but I'll give it a go here anyway. I'm looking into buying a good gaming PC that can run League of Legends, Steam games, and stuff like that. The main game I play is League of Legends and I at least would like it to run at max for that game. If anyone could help me that would be great.

A:PC Gaming Advice

What is your budget? Also, what resolution will you be gaming at?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-gaming-advice.194674/
Relevancy 50.31%

Basically guys as im sure atleast some of you have read I plan on dumping a truck load of money into a new gaming rig pretty soon Im no expert and figure you guys will know whats best so basically I come to you for advice on the specs I am limited to this site as they have excellent customer service for the most part and I need to take advantage of the BNPL loan New advice... gaming rig they offer Case http www aria co uk Products Comp c Nine Hundred Ultimate Gamer productId PSU http www aria co uk Products Comp w Enermax Galaxy W PSU productId MOBO http www aria co uk Products Comp Asus Striker Extreme i productId CPU http www aria co uk Products Comp Conroe Core Extreme QX productId RAM lots for gb http www aria co uk Products Components Memory Pc Corsair TwinX GB XMS Dominator New gaming rig advice... productId GPU http www aria co uk Products Comp I GeForce GTX MB PCI-E productId Hard Disk in RAID http www aria co uk Products Comp Gb New gaming rig advice... Raptor SATA k Mb productId Optical http www aria co uk Products Comp AD- A LabelFlash x BLACK productId Floppy Card Reader http www aria co uk Products Comp Floppy Card Reader Black productId Heatsink http www aria co uk Products Comp lman CNPS -AT Intel LGA productId W LAN http www aria co uk Products Peri RangeMax Wireless PCI Adapter productId Well thats what I have so far Can Any of you guys or girls see any compatability issues that I may have overlooked Also any suggestions to improve what I have here would be greatly appreciated but I am limited to this site for the reasons stated above I look forward to reading your responses nbsp

A:New gaming rig advice...

Hmmm

It seems like you want to dump a buttload of cash into your new system and that is fine and dandy, but there are a few things that you can do to cut the price down a tad.

A.) The QX6700 really isnt a gaming CPU, it pulls about the same FPS when paired with a 8800GTX as a E6700. Yes, more games in the future will be multi threaded, however I doubt that even multi threaded games will utalize the full potential of a E6700 within the next 2 years. However if you are into graphic design and such using programs that utalize more than 2 cores then this puppy is for you.

B.) The Striker Extreme is a great mobo, not questions asked, however most of the features will not be used by the average enthusiast. I can see that you do not want to get into overclocking too terribly much due to the fact that you want to air cool, not water cool. This board is meant for extreme overclocking and such. It offers no benefit however on average OC's of around 500mhz and at stock, depending on wich site you read the reviw at, the board benchs about the same all around as motherboards $200 less.

Conclusion: Everything else you have listed will due you just fine. You just need to take into concideration what you are going to use this comp for. As you stated its for gaming so configure it for gaming, not workstation software.

With that said, I'd probably go with a E6700 for half the price and get the same performance in games.

The motherboard is up to you, but I really cant justify paying 2x as much for a mobo that benchmarks the same as most others for $200 less...

Personally with scaling back from the QX6700 and the Striker extreme to more "usable hardware" I'd take the extra cash and add another 8800GTX and have a serious 3Dmark06 killing machine. After all gaming prefomance is what you want right ?

If you get a E6700 and overclock it to 3.0ghz (a simple 340mhz OC) and have 2 8800GTX's there will not be many people that can touch you in gaming performance. Can we say 20,000 in 3Dmark06 ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-rig-advice.68741/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi

Im a big gamer and have been for many years, I have always had Win 98 , win98_SE. I have recently upgraded my RAM to 1 GHZ DDR 400 - 3200. Now Win98_SE doesnt like it as much as I thought. So I thought maybe after all these years I must change my Operating System. But im not sure to what for online Gaming. Im not keen on XP - Looks good but what else does it have to offer for the Big Gamer "UM" ......So what about Windows 2000 some one said to me that Win 2000 is a very good option..I have it but never put it on...

So what I would like to know is from all you PC freaks out there what operating System I should change to and Why...

Please advise as I dont want to Format - put on the new Operating system and then realise I dont like it...

Thx in Advance .....

Martin

Relevancy 49.88%

I put together a pc on amazon are these parts good....
Cpu: Amd Fx-9370
Motherboard: ASUS SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0 AM3+
Gpu: Sapphire Radeon Vapor-X HD 7950
Psu: Corsair RM Series 850 Watt
Data Drive: Kingston HyperX 3K 120 GB SSD
Hard Drive: WD Blue 1 TB
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 500r...or a Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
Cpu Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H80i

My Budget is under $1500

A:Building a gaming PC, need advice

Doesn't look like a bad setup but you still need RAM and I would suggest a DVD or Bluray drive. Also, do you have an operating system, monitor(s), mouse and keyboard already, or will you need those also? You could save money by shopping around (if you have that option - example NewEgg / Tigerdirect / etc). You could also save some money by looking at alternative items.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-pc-need-advice.196341/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everybody I m looking for some advice about building new Building PC Gaming Advice a new system I m planning to spend around USD total without monitor I already have a ViewSonic X Series VX WM I would like to take or at least try full advantage of -bit platform Main use of my computer will be gaming video edition and music video storage So I know I need a powerful system for this since the current one is very slow now for this purpose and I m stuck on AGP and P is kinda old now This is what Advice Building new Gaming PC I have now P Ghz ASUS P P -Dx GB DDR EVGA GS I keep my eye on building a Core Duo I would like the E or E but I guess the E is still very expensive over I really need advice for Mobo I definitely want to stay with ASUS but I m not sure which one can offer best compatibility for everything I want Fastest RAM possible also need advice on this one eSata SLI support -bit etc I ve think about this models but please let me know if you have some experience with these ones or know Advice Building new Gaming PC any better ones P b deluxe http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E P n premium http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Maybe Abit IP http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Ram still confuse me a lot I ve looked many options and still not sure which one will provide best performance and it s worth the money I think for those mobo I should go with DDR right Or can I go higher and OC some are really expensive and some are so cheap that CAS latency times just make me feel I ll waste my money I will really appreciate suggestions here I m planning to initially install x GB GB Last but not least Video card I definitely want something compatible with DX I ll maybe want to run SLI but there are so many models now Are the series still the best Some GTS with MB cost over but some with are about is the memory the only difference Here are the models I mean http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thank you so much to everybody nbsp

A:Advice Building new Gaming PC

For a processor, either choice you list will work just fine. Since you mention video editing, you may consider a quad core, like this(from what I could figure, it would almost fit in the budget, depending on your case/psu choices).
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017
It is a good bit of cash though, and only an improvement in multithreaded apps.

I think this board would be a nice one for you (and reasonably priced too). P5N-E SLI
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131142
The Abit you list seems pretty nice too, but I don't think it support sli.

You should get a ddr2 800 kit with a cas of 4.
Here's what I'd suggest. G.Skill DDR2 800 C4

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231114

Or this ram if you want 2x2GB(easier future upgrades, due to empty slots), but it's slightly slower ram at cas5.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231122

I'd suggest an 8800 card, even though the drivers are not perfect yet.

The difference is the memory size on the cards you list, as well as the 640mb being an overclocked edition(pricier).
If you game at high res(like on your 22" lcd), you will want the more memory, if not, then the 320 will be fine. EVGA makes good cards, so I'd recommend them.
This 640Mb evga is cheaper, which makes the difference $100USD.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130071
Make sure you get a good power supply to power your "beast."
I'd recommend a 600W+ unit of reputable make and that is sli certified.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-building-new-gaming-pc.80046/
Relevancy 49.88%

Im building myself a gaming rig and I dont know eveything I could Below is a list of eveything im planning on getting so far As you can see I didnt go with a dual core and thats for two reasons I just want to game really and I havent read anything that please? Building some a gaming advice rig, makes me think it would warrent the extra price the extra price I am trying to keep this under k after shipping So please tell me if this looks good and give me any suggestions Thank you very much http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E AMD Athlon San Diego MHz HT Socket Processor Model ADA BNBOX - Retail http www newegg com product Product asp item N E ASUS A N -SLI Deluxe Socket NVIDIA nForce SPP ATX AMD Motherboard - http www newegg com product Product asp item N E OCZ S O E GB x Building a gaming rig, some advice please? GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model OCZSOE GK - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII- ATX V W Power Supply - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E XFX PV-T F-YDF GeForce GTX MHz MB GDDR PCI Express x Video Card - http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E ViewSonic VX WM Black-Silver quot DVI ms gray-to-gray avg ms white-black-white typ Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail http www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Western Digital Caviar SE WD KS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive - OEMhttp www newegg com Product Product asp item N E Antec Performance I P Silver mm cold rolled steel for durability through the majority of chassis mm cold rolled steel around the x HDD area ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retailhttp www newegg com Product Product asp item N E NEC X DVD R DVD Burner Silver IDE Model ND- A - OEM nbsp

A:Building a gaming rig, some advice please?

For 30.00 more you can get a samsung 204B 20.1" 5ms response time, 800:1, and 1600X1200 resolution.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...77&Submit=ENE&Manufactory=1077&SubCategory=20

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-a-gaming-rig-some-advice-please.52423/
Relevancy 49.88%

I had posted a long time back that I was looking to build a new PC http www techspot com vb really do I buy some advice Build PC? could Gaming or with topic html However I put the whole idea off due to finance and other priorities I wish to now do this for real but I have little knowledge I m an amateur And I m not sure how much Build or buy Gaming PC? I could really do with some advice I should spend My budget is and I d prefer to buy the parts separately and put it all together But how much money will this save me Realistically Is the learning curve steep I m also aware that the following companies websites sell pre-built machines but there s so much choice it kills my brain My last PC had a Pentium GHz Tech has developed so much since then I just don t know where to start alienware co uk meshcomputers com scan co uk overclockers co uk novatech co uk microdirect co uk cyberpowersystem co uk cclonline com pcspecialist co uk slayerpc com kobaltcomputers co uk easypc-uk com arbico co uk advancetec co uk yoyotech co uk nbsp

A:Build or buy Gaming PC? I could really do with some advice

Realistically. Is the learning curve steep?Click to expand...

Realistically, it would save you very much money at that price point, well worth it.
Since everything plugs right in, if it doesn't fit in that slot you're doing it wrong, so its fairly easy to build a computer now...it shouldn't take more than a couple hours at most. Again, well worth it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-or-buy-gaming-pc-i-could-really-do-with-some-advice.145545/
Relevancy 49.88%

Alright. I decided that I want to build a gaming computer. Something about building one myself will give me more satisfaction than just buying one as I'm sure most of you agree. My question is, whats a good Intel processor that I should consider getting. I'm consider getting a XFX nForce 680i SLI Motherboard along with a XFX GeForce 8800 GTS Extreme Video Card. Haven't decided on the RAM and what not. I can't afford the new Intel Extremes. Looking to spend maybe $200, possibly $300 but thats a last resort. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello everyone, im about to buy a new gaming computer but not sure which one would be better, my price range is around 1500 new zealand $$. ive found a few complete systems il post below. would apriciate some expert advice on which is better or how to go about geting a good gaming computer. im not keen on building one because i think its to much hassel and i kind of just want it asap cheerz.

http://www.xpcomputers.co.nz/views.asp?hw_id=2845

http://www.xpcomputers.co.nz/views.asp?hw_id=3195

http://www.xpcomputers.co.nz/views.asp?hw_id=3320

http://www.playtech.co.nz/product.php?action=showdetail&id=5122

http://www.playtech.co.nz/product.php?action=showdetail&id=5268

http://www.xpcomputers.co.nz/views.asp?hw_id=3239

sorry theres quite a few. would apriciate al the help cheerz.

Relevancy 49.88%

I am currently looking for a cheap gaming advice gaming notebook Need for laptop It would be mainly used to play WOW and Starcraft II I don t necessary need something super Need advice for gaming notebook compact as long as it s easier to transport than a full desktop tower screen because I often go to LAN parties From what I have seen new gaming laptop aren t cheap I recently found a used one on Ebay so I am wondering if it s worth it or if you have any other suggestions Here is the link so you can check out the specs http www ebay ca itm Dell-XPS-M pt Laptops Nov amp hash item d e b It seems all I would need to do is to replace the video card There is a GTX SLI on Ebay for less than so I am thinking that for less than I Need advice for gaming notebook could get a decent gaming notebook do you think it s a good idea I have never installed a video card in a notebook before but I know how to install one in a desktop so I Need advice for gaming notebook m guessing it should not be that difficult Any advices Thank you nbsp

A:Need advice for gaming notebook

I don't think I could do that. Too much of a gamble.

You'd also need a new battery, the screen has issues that can't be fixed, and a couple of 'should be ok' comments in there too.

That's my two yen.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-for-gaming-notebook.190527/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I built New Gaming PC love Would - some advice a computer back in since then I haven t kept up with the game so I don t know much about current parts I New Gaming PC - Would love some advice m looking to build a gaming PC for about New Gaming PC - Would love some advice USD and hope for it to be relevant for years I mostly play DOTA but play a variety of games including Skyrim Bioshock Infinite The Witcher etc I have put together a build on pcpartpicker which falls into my budget Here is the link to the build http pcpartpicker com user cflo saved KPZdnQ I ll be using my TV as a monitor for the time being Are there any parts which are too low-end high-end relative to the rest of the build Is the case an appropriate size for my parts Any recommendations of parts to swap out I ve had problems with overheating in my PCs Laptops in the past should I invest in better cooling I m living in Japan so I will be buying from local sites shops so depending on local prices the build may change a little and I may post another thread However I haven t found good cheap retailers yet Thank you for your time and any advice you have nbsp

A:New Gaming PC - Would love some advice

Those games will easily play on that system. The i5 is considered the sweet spot for gaming. You picked good parts. The only advice I would give is two fold: 1) Western Digital's Black Series is considered a better build quality with a 5 year warranty and 2) Love Corsair power supplies but I would go 650 watts myself (always rather have a bit more than needed).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gaming-pc-would-love-some-advice.216489/
Relevancy 49.88%

Well I have finally decided that it is time to upgrade my computer With Advice for Upgrade Gaming all the new games coming out I m trying desperately Advice for Gaming Upgrade to keep up with them Unfortunately if I want all the eye candy turned up I usually need to set my resolution to x I can run x with medium graphics Anyway I need to know your opinions on what the best upgrade s would be for my budget of around Actually why don t we say the best for and the best for not sure if I m willing to kick out right now though Here is my current setup Aluminum Chieftec Dragon Case GB RPM HDD GB RPM HDD Thermaltake PurePower W PSU HP CDR RW Drive Floppy Drive Asus A N X Mobo x MB Dual Channel RAM MHz - - - Sound Blaster Audigy Gamer AMD Athlon Same as regular Athlon less heat cpu multiplier unlocked because Mobile Ethernet LAN Card Aerocool Deep Impact Heatsink w fans attached ATI Radeon w L shaped memory Newegg has some awesome deals on some refurbished items They have a couple pros for around - that would be in my price range Anyway let me know what you guys think All opinions are appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Advice for Gaming Upgrade

X_Gamer7 said:

Well, I have finally decided that it is time to upgrade my computer. With all the new games coming out, I'm trying desperately to keep up with them. Unfortunately, if I want all the eye candy turned up, I usually need to set my resolution to 800x600. I can run 1024x768 with medium graphics. Anyway, I need to know your opinions on what the best upgrade(s) would be for my budget of around $100. Actually, why don't we say the best for $100 and the best for $200 (not sure if I'm willing to kick out 200 right now though ). Here is my current setup:
Aluminum Chieftec Dragon Case
40GB 5400RPM HDD
160GB 7200RPM HDD
Thermaltake PurePower 420W PSU
HP 9100 CDR/RW Drive
Floppy Drive
Asus A7N8X Mobo
2x 256MB Dual Channel RAM @200MHz (2-3-3-7)
Sound Blaster Audigy 5.1 Gamer
AMD Athlon 2600+ @ 3200+ (Same as regular Athlon 3200+, less heat, cpu multiplier unlocked because Mobile)
10/100 Ethernet / LAN Card
Aerocool Deep Impact Heatsink w/ 2 fans attached
ATI Radeon 9500 w/ L shaped memory

Newegg has some awesome deals on some refurbished items. They have a couple 9800 pros for around $75-$90 that would be in my price range. Anyway, let me know what you guys think! All opinions are appreciated!
thanksClick to expand...

yeah, 9800pro 256mb if you can find one in your price, which you may be able to. The other card thats a little better is the 6600GT, that would probably be $150 to $230 range new.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-for-gaming-upgrade.382514/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am building my first gaming pc and I d like it to be able to play first and pc a advice. gaming need Building all current games at maxed settings as well as being fairly future proof I m not certain about the compatibility of all the parts and if this is the best I can do for budget Any advice would be appreciated -Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case -Gigabyte Intel Z LGA AMD CrossFireX NVIDIA SLI W HDMI DVI DispayPort Dual UEFI BIOS ATX Motherboard GA-Z X-UD H -Intel Core i - K Quad-Core Processor GHz MB Cache LGA - BX I K -EVGA GeForce GTX FTW MB GDDR bit Dual Dual-Link DVI HDMI DisplayPort -Way SLI Ready Graphics Card Graphics Cards Building a first gaming pc and need advice. G-P - -KR -Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR MHz PC Desktop Memory CMZ GX M A C -Western Digital Caviar Black TB SATA III RPM MB Cache Internal Desktop Hard Drive Bulk OEM - WD FAEX and OCZ Building a first gaming pc and need advice. Technology GB Vertex Series SATA GB s -Inch Solid State Drive -Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus -Watt Power Supply RS -PCAAE -US -Viewsonic VX WM-LED -Inch Building a first gaming pc and need advice. -Inch Vis Widescreen LED Monitor with Full HD p and Speakers - Black -Windows OS Target Budget - No more than nbsp

A:Building a first gaming pc and need advice.

Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus 700-Watt Power Supply

is one of their lower quality units

silent pro model better

look for 5-7yr warranty

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139020

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153126

Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

i have one of these used for 1 day and replaced

for me there is not enough space from the back of the m/board where sata plugs into the the edge of the m/board and the back of the drives

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-first-gaming-pc-and-need-advice.1083327/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am going to buy a new gaming pc late this month or early buying PC advice on Need gaming next month Below are my component options CPU amp MOBO - i msi p gd i gigabyte ga x a ud r i k msi p gd i system Need advice on buying gaming PC including ram will cost me more if the price of i drops later this month Will the performance be high enough to justify the higher price What about their overclocking Keep in mind that I wont upgrade my cpu for atleast years But Need advice on buying gaming PC I will upgrade gpu and may use sli or crossfire So the cpu must not cuse any bottleneck Plus x a ud r has dual x pci-e rails supports tri sli and xfire i k setup will cost almost the same as the i setup So which one is the best option RAM - I am a little bit confused about ram Which is more important speed or timing Which will perform better A mhz with sec timing or a mhz with sec timing If I choose lga setup I am thinking of buying gb kit for now and buy another one later Will gb of ram be too low for gaming And how does gb setup performs compaired to gb setup GPU - Here is my gpu options and their prices in India galaxy gtx mb stock - Rs zotac and palit gtx gb stock Rs radeon hd -Rs radeon hd - Rs gtx -Rs xbitlabs com review shows that gainword gtx factory oced to mhz gives minimum fps simmiler to hd Considering zotac gtx overclocks to mhz will it match the gainword in minimum fps And how easy or tough it is for a first time overclocker to overclock the zotac card And if I can find a gtx factory oc at the same price of which one should I go for Or should I buy a for now and wait for next gen card as none of current gen cards have enough juice to handle directx proprly PSU - corsair tx or hx hx costs more Does it has enough power to support gpus Are the extra pci e connectors worth any real use CASE - nzxt tempest evo Its cheaper than haf and has all the fans preloaded But does it has enough space for sli with a physx card setup HDD - seagate tb rpm OPTICAL - dvd writer SOUND CARD - ASUS xonar dx SPEAKER - Suggest me a speaker within Listning to music is my first priority KBM - Suggest me a wireless combo wihin Must provide comfortable gaming MONITOR - Suggest a incher with hdmi within Give your opinions and advices about my build Thanks nbsp

A:Need advice on buying gaming PC

Hi spac18. I assume you're from India. Just give us your maximum budget and we'll recommend the best possible combination of components for your system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-on-buying-gaming-pc.150979/
Relevancy 49.88%

I m building a new system completely from scratch and I have two main questions I want to make sure that I don t have any hardware compatibility issues Also it would be good to know if everything will fit in the case I picked out It will be a family computer but I also like to game a lot Laptop has hard time with Dishonored I want a powerful yet quiet system Also my wife isn t too into flashy or huge cases which is why I picked out the one I did My soft budget is about but I m willing to go a little above that if needs be In the past we ve been using laptops I have a Dell XPS -L x for all our computing needs but our kids are getting old enough to need to use the computer as well as me and my wife so it s time to get a desktop The only component I already have is the OS Other than that will need to buy everything I chose to not get a liquid cooling system as I m not very savvy when it comes to those If you guys have any upgrade suggestions please let me know Here are the specs all pricing from Amazon com--free shipping and slightly cheaper than Newegg Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth X LGA Intel X SATA Gb s build advice PC Gaming USB ATX Processor Intel Core i - K Quad-Core Processor Gaming PC build advice GHz MB Cache LGA CPU Heatsink Fan Cooler Master Hyper Plus Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX FTW GB GDDR Thermal Paste Arctic Cooling Arctic MX- Thermal Compound Optical Drive LG BLACK Internal SATA x Super Multi DVD Blu Memory Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR MHZ PC Network Card Intel PWLA GT PRO GT PCI Network Adapter Wireless Network Card TP-Link TL-WN N Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter SSD Crucial m GB -Inch Solid State Drive SATA Gb s HDD Western Digital Caviar Green TB SATA III MB Cache Bare OEM HDD Fan VANTEC HDC- A Aluminum Hard Drive Cooling System Sound Card ASUS XONAR D - Channel PCI Audio Card Sound Card Case Corsair Carbide Series Black R Mid-Tower Computer Case Case Fans Arctic Cooling ARCTIC F PWM mm Fans x for max cooling Anti-Vibr Gaming PC build advice Fan Mounts Any Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts enough for all fans Power Supply Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold SPG Watts Modular Power Supply Power Supply Gasket Any Power Supply Anti-Vibration Rubber Fan Gasket Speakers Creative Inspire T Multimedia Speaker System Monitor Asus VS H-P -Inch Full-HD LED Monitor x p Camera Creative Live Cam Chat HD P MP Webcam Black USB Expansion NZXT IU Internal USB Expansion Mouse and Keyboard Logitech Wireless Combo Mk With Keyboard and Laser Mouse Total nbsp

A:Gaming PC build advice

A couple things:

Firstly, you have a MOBO & CPU incompatibility. Your MOBO is for socket 2011 CPU's while your processor is LGA 1155
Here is a compatible motherboard for your build.
Asus Sabertooth Z77 LGA 1155 ($239.)

Secondly, I wouldn't waste my money on the: Network card, extra case fans,HDD fan,PSU gasket, and fan mounts. I would put all that money in your CASE budget and look for a more solid case. All those fans would do the exact opposite of what you'd like to achieve. You want a quiet machine, you do not put 9+ fans inside of it.

Thirdly, Id recommend buying something like the Corsair H100i for your cooling needs. I did notice you said you're not "Savy" enough for liquid cooling. However, these closed loop solutions require no real experience to install. Furthermore, they require zero maintenance.

Also, I wouldn't grab the 4GB 670. You will not need all of that VRAM. Instead, go with the 2GB version it's much cheaper.

Your power supply is also overkill. Unless you plan on running 3 GPU's 1000 watts is not necessary. I would go with aCorsair HX Series 850W. This will give you some room for future upgrades.
Even then, If you want. Id grab the 650 or 750w variation of that PSU. It will save you some money.

EDIT: Added GPU recommendation & PSU recommendation

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-pc-build-advice.188030/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi guys i'm helping a friend out who lives in Canada She doesn't know much about laptops but i'm afraid my knowledge on laptops is not very good either Laptop Gaming Advice on a This is the first option Newegg com - ASUS G Series G Vx-X A NoteBook Intel Core Duo P GHz quot Advice on a Gaming Laptop GB Memory GB HDD rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GTX M - Laptops Notebooks Is the cpu and the gpu good in that one This is the second option Newegg com - ASUS N Series N Vn-X A NoteBook Intel Core Duo P GHz quot GB Memory GB HDD rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Laptops Notebooks this has just about everything the same except the video card which is a GT M This is the third option Newegg com - ASUS N Series N Vn-X A NoteBook Intel Core Duo P GHz quot GB Memory GB HDD rpm DVD Super Multi NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Laptops Notebooks This comes again with a GT M but with a quad CPU now Firstly is it worth getting a quad cpu if its mhz lower then the dual core one The other thing is there a huge difference in Advice on a Gaming Laptop the performance between the GT M and the GT M If you guys could recommend anything else or one of these that would be awesome Thanks Budget around

A:Advice on a Gaming Laptop

Gaming laptop's are useless. Crysis will crush them on high, which is the only option to play unless you can go higher. Build a new pc and spend what you save on laptops on new games. The best laptop chipset is either a 280m or one of ATI's - and that isn't saying much, a desktop 4890 is vastly better. Dual core is best unless you get a quad core with a high clock like a Phenom 955 @ 3.2GHz - equal to an E8500 in dual core games.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/37016-advice-gaming-laptop.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have never built a pc before let alone one for high end gaming I m looking to spend between - on this Preferably the best for the please gaming on pc Advice custom lowest price I Advice on custom gaming pc please don t need components with pretty specs that won t come into use for another years either Please don t harass me if I did something stupid as I m inexperienced in this and only seek your advice This is what I have decided to buy so far subject to change as enough of you deem fit Case Thermaltake Tsunami VA BWA Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case Price Power supply Thermaltake Toughpower W RU W Modularized w cm Fan Power Supply Black Price Advice on custom gaming pc please Video Card SAPPHIRE L Radeon X GT MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card Price Motherboard ASUS M N -SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition AM NVIDIA nForce SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard Price CPU AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz x Advice on custom gaming pc please MB L Cache Socket AM Processor Price Harddrive Seagate Barracuda quot Perpendicular Recording quot ST A GB RPM MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA Hard Drive - OEM Price RAM G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Price DVD Burner ASUS Black X DVD R X DVD RW X DVD R DL X DVD-R X DVD-RW X DVD-RAM X DVD-ROM X CD-R X CD-RW X CD-ROM MB Cache SATA X DVD R DVD Burner with LightScribe Price What do you think of this Input appreciated I had links to the items but it won t let me post them nbsp

A:Advice on custom gaming pc please

Power supply:
Thermaltake Toughpower W0116RU 750W Modularized w/14cm Fan Power Supply (Black)
Price: $185.03Click to expand...

Overkill imho, but it should last for future-proofing.

Video Card:
SAPPHIRE 100200L Radeon X1950GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card
Price: $128.99Click to expand...

For your budget, i wouldn't buy anything less than something in the 8800 series, if you don't wanna be updating again for a while. The X1950GT is a great card, but quite a way below an 8800GT and not DX10 compatible.

Harddrive:
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 "Perpendicular Recording" ST3250820A 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache IDE Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive - OEM
Price: $64.99Click to expand...

Personally, i'd go the sata route, purely for ease of cable management and general speed. Although not all sata drives are faster than Pata drives.
I'd highly recommend the Samsung SpinPoint series, excellent drives, and silent.

Don't forget your operating system buddy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-custom-gaming-pc-please.93535/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an Athlon system with a gig of ram and a GeForce for Advice upgrades gaming on Ultra meg card I ve been debating whether to try and patch my current system up with a better graphics card say an AGP card with a bit memory bus or pipelines and DDR Advice on upgrades for gaming or hold out for piece by piecing an upgrade to whole system I ve found Advice on upgrades for gaming some AGP cards that fit the bill on newegg for - ish but I m wondering am I going to see enough performance gain to justify the cost I ve done some pricing of system components on newegg and I could throw myself together a nice little system upgrade for ish the problem being that if I do it for my system I ll have to do it for my wife s system too and that ll wind up costing close to bones which is more than I wanna spend right now And if I spread the cost out and piece by piece it I ll have to do hers first and I won t see my upgrade until after the end of the year Plus there s the whole issue of Vista looming large and if I just patch my current system with a new video card give em a little time to let the public beta test Vista some I ll have gotten another year or so of acceptable use instead of buying a system upgrade now only to find out I need to upgrade again when I decide to switch to Vista I mainly play Everquest which has really started to bog down my computer with the newer expansions and I d LIKE to be able to run two windows of it which I can do currently in the old world zones if I turn the detail WAY down and I also bought Oblivion and it was pretty much a completely unplayable slideshow on my current setup Anyone got any views on whether a - dollar AGP upgrade will help me out enough to justify the cost or is it too much like trying to polish a turd at this point nbsp

A:Advice on upgrades for gaming

It just seems like your video card is bogging you down. Just get a Geforce 6 or 7 AGP or a radeon x800 or higher (more preferred x1k series) AGP card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...04+1068309611&Submit=ENE&Nty=1&SubCategory=48
Go there and get a x1600... just watch for the reviews + price. Its pretty cheap for a good card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-on-upgrades-for-gaming.509591/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am going to be heading off to Africa in about months from now and I am notebook, a please? on gaming Advice going to stay there for a while Anywhere from months to years I will be in the middle of the African Savannah and between woeking and sleeping I will not have a lot to do After dark it is really not recommended to go outside Advice on a gaming notebook, please? so I will need a decent gaming laptop that will be able to play games easily and preferably play games that will come out in one years time High hopes for my price range I know lol So if anyone knows anything about gaming laptops please help me out I know I m not likely to get anything under a Australian Dollars not American But I really do not want to go over or at the worst Also Newegg doesn t ship to Aus neither does TigerDirect I have an GT and Q in my desktop at the moment what sort of GPU would I need in a laptop to get similar or better performance when playing games Is there a chart that someone knows of that shows a rough relation between desktop and mobile GPU power or benchmarks Any information would be helpful and I would appreciate it very muc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Advice on a gaming notebook, please?

My girl friend has a HP Pavilion DV6 (dv6-2153eo) and it's a rly good
gaming notebook that dosn't cost much! We payed 729? for it.
AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core @ 2.5GHz, 6Gb DDR2 Ram, w7 Home Premium and so on....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-a-gaming-notebook-please.150907/
Relevancy 49.88%

'Evening all Firstly thanks for taking the time to click on my post I have finally saved up approx pound for a fairly high spec gaming PC Problem is I have a Buying please. gaming PC, advice new very little knowledge of value for money when it comes to the specifications So without waffling on below is the spec I have my eye on for around my price range Processor Intel Core i - K Skylake CPU Cores - GHz Overclocking Up to Case NZXT H Case - Black Red CPU Cooler Corsair Hydro Series H i GT Liquid Cooler Thermal Paste Standard Thermal Paste Motherboard Asus Z PRO GAMING Motherboard Memory GB DDR MHz Memory x GB Sticks Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Buying a new gaming PC, advice please. GB Graphics Card OS Drive TB Samsung EVO SSD Hard Drive Seagate TB SSHD Buying a new gaming PC, advice please. Hybrid Drive Optical Drive Not Included Power Supply Corsair RM x PLUS Gold W PSU Sound Card Onboard HD Audio Operating System Windows Home -bit My question is well is it any good for around pound Thanks in advance Buying a new gaming PC, advice please. Kind regards Alex

A:Buying a new gaming PC, advice please.

I want To get Pc For My Dissertation Writing Can Any Body Help me for What specification help me for my dissertation Writing

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/buying-new-gaming-pc-advice-please-4598227/
Relevancy 49.88%

I need advice or things that will help me make my decision between:
icemat siberias (white no usb soundcard)
Sennheiser HD-515 Audiophile 500 Series Headphones
I mainly need my headphones for games, ( i play css and cod2 for the most part)

Relevancy 49.88%

I built my system over a year ago and was limited to a budget but the result was fantastic for my purposes at the time I know that this for gaming my advice on little upgrade what Need rig to a isn t the best system in the world but I am trying to figure out what I should focus on upgrading first I Need a little advice on what to upgrade for my gaming rig have had some FPS issues in new games like GW Planetside and even Firefall I ll post the CPU-Z image of certain components and please tell me what you think needs help I do have concerns about the RAM It came out of a prebuilt HP PC and not something I bought new I doubt that GB of DDR is too little but it it maybe just low performance RAM If this is possibly the issue what should I be looking at for replacement Quadcore i wouldn t imagine this being an issue but let me know what you think My motherboard This was my first suspect however everything I have been able to find about my card is telling me that the card isn t outdated and should perform well Anyway I thank anyone who can offer advise in advance If you need more information about my rig or anything else feel free to ask and I ll respond ASAP I haven t been reading up on components or really keeping up on that sort of stuff for some time so it puts me at a disadvantage when I try to research upgrades nbsp

A:Need a little advice on what to upgrade for my gaming rig

Ram is standard speed pretty much...CPU should be fine...I honestly dont know. Planetside 2 requires quite a PC as far as I have played...might be your graphics card at this point although its honestly not awful..CPU shouldnt be a bottleneck, as far as I know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-a-little-advice-on-what-to-upgrade-for-my-gaming-rig.187531/
Relevancy 49.88%

This is what I'm looking at for my gaming rig:

Case: Thermaltake Chaser MK-1
Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
CPU: i7-3770k
Memory: 16GB Corsair Vengeance (4 x 4GB)
Hard Drives: 2 x Corsair Force GT 120GB Raid 0
Video: EVGA Superclocked Geforce GTX 580
CPU Cooling: Corsair H100
PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 80 Plus 1000 watts

I already have a 1TB 7200 RPM HD for storage.

How does this sound, what improvements would you make?

Thanks!

A:Gaming Rig/Advice on Config

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Personally, for a gaming rig I would go Core i5 not i7. The i7 is a faster CPU but the i5 is better suited to gaming, the loss of performance is negligable for gaming but the cost difference can be significant.

Any reason for water cooling? If you aren't overclocking, personally I don't see the point in the additional cost when a well setup air cooled system is perfectly good.

I always buy RAM that is on the motherboard manufacturers memory support list myself, just for that added bit of protection in case of problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gaming-rig-advice-on-config.1052327/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm looking to build a new gaming pc. (or should I say have it built for me). I don't know that much about hardware but through research I have found I can save hundreds of $$$ by buying components from Newegg.

This computer will used mainly for gaming and occasionally for video editing.
I would like to keep the price around $1,800 to 2K.
From the reviews I've read I like the Intel core duo.
I'll also need (2) 250 gig hd's.
I'll need everything from the OS to the mouse
I'm also staying with XP and don't plan on upgrading to Vista for quite a while.

I plan on ordering this within a week or so - any advice is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 49.88%

I have now decided to wait until later in my college career to get a laptop and have settled on a Advice Computer Gaming desktop Im thinking on getting a computer Gaming Computer Advice with these specs can u guys tell me how it will run Oblivian WoW Half Life F E A R Quake and other new games Thx for any help Case Raidmax Ninja- ATX Mid-tower Case w W Power Supply Silver Case Lighting None Power Supply Standard Case Power Supply Processor -pin AMD Athlon- CPU w Hyper Transport Technology Processor Cooling Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink Motherboard Gigabyte GA-K NF nVidia nForce Chipset w Sound Gb LAN S-ATA Raid USB IEEE- PCI-E Motherboard Memory MB MB X DDR- PC Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand Video Card Nvidia Geforce GS MB w DVI TV Out Video Hard Drive GB HARD DRIVE --- iBUYPOWER Free double the size to GB Serial-ATA-II Gb RPM M Cache nd Hard Drive None Raid Configuration None CD DVD Drive None CD-RW DVD-RW Drive Special X Dual Format Double Gaming Computer Advice Layer DVD R RW CD-R RW Drive Black Sound Card D Premium Surround Sound Onboard Speaker System W PMPO PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System Fax Modem None Network Card Onboard LAN Network Gb or Floppy Drive None Monitor --- Free Shipping Now None nd Monitor --- Free Shipping Now None Keyboard PS Key Windows Keyboard Beige Mouse Logitech Optical Internet Mouse Black USB Accessories Build-in USB Ports Meter Display None Flash Media Reader Writer -In- Internal Flash Media Card Reader Writer Beige Operation System MS Windows XP Home Edition w Service Pack- w Free Game - Age of Empires III nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I m relatively new to these forums but have got some good advice in the past here so figrued i a Rig, Building advice? new Gaming d get some opinions if anyone was so inclined i m sure there are probably of these posted Building a new Gaming Rig, advice? a day here but not by me I m in the market for a new desktop for Gaming Multimedia my budget is in the - range and am looking for close-to-bleeding-edge parts for a DIY system I can handle the build and BIOS OS stuff just would like to get some opinions on hardware Processor I would like to pick up an E conroe chip when they release in a few days from what i ve read it s the best for the price as far as performance per dollar MOBO Obviously I need a conroe-ready board i ve heard quot things quot about the Intel Bad Axe DFI Infinity and a couple ASUS boards RAM I haven t really been keeping up-to-date on RAM advancements over the last couple of years I would like to drop in GB will need a recommendation here Video Was thinking about picking up the new GB Nvidia GX but have heard about Nvidia releasing an -series line around Q this year Sound I ve heard nothing but good things about the Creative X-Fi cards that s probably what i ll go with for my surround setup HD I am going to grab the WD Raptor gb kRPM drive for sure maybe RAID it unless they re planning on offering a gb at some point in the near future HD I ve got a couple s i m going to be using for storage PSU I will be picking up a PSU that s around W as far as I ve read there s really no need for the gigawatt PSU s yet except for extreme circumstances Would like recommendations for make model Cooling I m not sure I want to go liquid I m not going to be trying to melt my video card or processor by overclocking like crazy but I ll probably run a little hot Any good leads on heatsink case fans CD DVD Networking PnP etc not really a big deal Case As long as it s functional expandable and easy to work in i m not too concerned about a case with windows and colors of lights but if anyone s had real good experiences with a model let me know Click to expand My options at this point are a build-from-scratch or wait til Dell releases the conroe line of XPS systems I get a pretty substantial discount through my work on Dell computers and of course they re always tempting us with those quot free quot quot widescreen LCDs that PCMag loves Anyway sorry about the long read but any objective opinion criticism is much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/building-a-new-gaming-rig-advice.485541/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I was wondering what graphics card/CPU and mobo are cheaper and better for my new theoretical gaming build (im in the uk)

AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz 8-Core Processor

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard

Asus GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Video Card

A:New gaming pc build advice

If you're serious about gaming....I'd go with the GTX 970, you'd be much happier with it in the long run. Plus it will play any game out there.

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/126892-new-gaming-pc-build-advice.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi for a long time I ve been considering building a new PC and have been looking for parts for quite awhile now As I m not familiar with prices I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions for parts to buy to make the system More specifically I d like to know what parts I can get on new PC! :) Need Parts my for Gaming advice at the best price for performance to run a game like Oblivion or any of the newest PC games at full settings with good results Basically I need reccomendations for -The best video card s for the price that will run these games at high settings -The best motherboard processor for the price -How much RAM I would need and what type will work best for me -Other things that I might need to run the system if you have any ideas Cooling apparatus etc I realise this is kind of alot to ask but if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appriciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Okay so I am ready to purchase a nice little gaming laptop I am looking for something that Gaming laptop advice will be a sturdy replacement for my desktop but offer mobility Here s my list of requirements Has to have a backlit keyboard Decent video card minimum GTX or equivalent quot Screen size with a resolution of x or x preferred Bland looks solid case Something you can bring into a professional environment Im strongly leaning towards a Toshiba Qosmio X but I m not liking the fact that it s restricted to the paint job with red Gaming laptop advice accents plus the body looks kinda weak flimsy I don Gaming laptop advice t like the way the ASUS laptops look I hate the fact that the body extends past the screen The MSI laptops look decent as well I d get a MacBook Pro if they had better video cards Also I even thought about building my own from a barebone system but I cant find any place that sells laptop parts CPU s Video Cards Thanks for everyone s Gaming laptop advice input nbsp

A:Gaming laptop advice

Have you looked at these:
http://www.alienware.com/Landings/promotions.aspx?ST=gaming%20laptops&dgc=ST&cid=42326&lid=1082884&acd=stVsxosdm,12666825835,901pdb6671

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-laptop-advice.178061/
Relevancy 49.88%

Preferred perfomance and purpose: Gaming at mid to high settings. Hoping to achieve around 150-200Fps in csgo, will play games like: Rainbow Siege, Battlefield one, H1Z1 King of the kill, Elite dangerous and last but not least, The Stanley parable :P
Budget is strictly under: 1000 Euro / 1085,60 Dollar / 3987,21 UAE Dirham / 863,12 British Pound
Please comment with any suggestions, for example: Consider the new Rx series GPUs, for example the...
click here

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/first-gaming-build-need-advice-4611178/
Relevancy 49.88%

Okay so I am looking to build a desktop PC mostly for gaming Please! Gaming Advice Build purposes My brother who is also putting together his build did not check on compatibility and such Due to this and my current state of knowledge of the topic Basic knowledge about what to look for and what parts do I would like to ask for help and recommendations for my parts list and if anything would be incompatible The parts list is as follows CPU Intel Core i Gaming Build Advice Please! - GHz Quad-Core Processor Cooling Cooler Master RR-HT - PK-R CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler Motherboard Asus Z -A ATX LGA Motherboard Memory RAM Corsair Vengeance LP GB x GB DDR - Memory Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR - Memory Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar Blue TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti GB Superclocked Video Card Power EVGA W ATX Power Supply I am also going to be running Windows Home Premium Sp bit All suggestions feedback mistake-point outs are welcome Thanks

A:Gaming Build Advice Please!

Hello and welcome to the forums!!

Memory[RAM]: Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory, Corsair Vengeance 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

I am a little confused with this line. Are you going to get two 4gb sticks of ram for a total of 8gb or are you getting both 4gb sticks and 1 8gb stick for a total of 16gb?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/123479-gaming-build-advice-please.html
Relevancy 49.88%

i have decided to get a new laptop because my old one is old lol i have Gaming For Laptop On Advice a desktop pc but would be nice to sit on the sofa instead of at my desk so i have decided to go for a new one but i am stuck between i know these are not gaming laptops but im hopeing to be able Advice On Laptop For Gaming to play games i e Aion STO on medium to high setting the i have decided to go for are The Medion quot Akoya P Advice On Laptop For Gaming Laptop Intel Core Duo Processor T GHz processor speed MB cache GB DDR RAM in screen size Resolution x pixels HD Widescreen GB SATA GB hard drive Blu-ray player Multi format dual layer DVD RW optical drive nVidia GeForce M GS DirectX with Hybrid SLI featuring HybridPower technology and HDMI digital audio video output VRAM MB GDDR graphics memory Media card reader - compatible with SD MMC MS MS PRO eSATA USB USB ports Gbit Ethernet LAN Mbit s High definition audio with integrated loudspeaker and subwoofer Dolby Home Theatre certified MP webcam with microphone Wireless LAN b g draft-n Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Bit with new Media Centre user interface including Service Pack installed Software included Microsoft Works incl Microsoft Office Home and Student Trial Edition Nero Burning ROM Essentials including Nero Recode SE Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra Cyberlink YouCam BullGuard Internet Security Trial Edition Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium and Bit Recovery DVD hours battery life Size H - W D cm Weight kg Or The Sony Vaio quot AW M H Laptop Dual Core Ghz Processor - Intel Core amp Duo Processor P with Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology Mb L Cache Mhz Frontside Bus Gb DDR RAM Gb SATA Hard Drive Windows Vista Home Premium With COA Sticker Blu-ray Disc amp Combo Drive reader BD ROM DVD -RW -R DL RAM Drive quot x Ratio WXGA Display NVIDIA GeForce M GT GPU Graphics With Total available graphics memory of Approx MB with dedicated GDDR Video Memory of MB HDMI Out Port WiFi - a b g Draft n Networking - BASE-T BASE-TX BASE-T Bluetooth - EDR Built-in Motion Eye Digital Camera Memory Card Reader Range Of Software Including - Picture Motion Browser VAIO Content Importer Exporter WinDVD BD for VAIO DivX Player amp Converter VAIO Movie Story Adobe Premiere Elements VAIO Music Box Windows Media Player SonicStage Mastering Studio and much more i cant decide which is best these are both within my budget but the sony is a stretch wanted to pay about - pounds because i will be using my desktop mainly i just want a decent lap top for when im away or if i fancy sitting on the sofa i am a gamer and love my games any advice would be appreaciated i need to order one soon its a gift from my husband and i want to make sure i have stuff to open on christmas day lol thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

Basically I have a dell 4600
Keyboard works in bios but any input after xp bootup causes lockup(movies and other things will still run but i just cant move mouse)
Iv tried replacing kbdclass and i8042prt from an identical comp but no dice.
Norton Av came up negative. I also cannot sytem restore to a date before keyboard failed. Keyboard also does not so up in safe mode.
Anything i can do?

Relevancy 49.02%

I bought a Compaq Presario SR WM from Wal-mart last year for around Since then I ve really gotten into online gaming MMORPG s and while I can play the games on my computer I have to use the lowest graphics settings I want to upgrade my PC to up the resolution and be able to use anti-aliasing without lag While I have learned a lot about software since owning a computer I currently have no experience in hardware upgrades I should also mention that Solved: Need my Gaming advice. PC into Upgrading PC. this computer came with Vista Home but I downgraded to Windows XP which many might consider an upgrade come to think of it I have gone to multiple websites to find instructions on how to upgrade my computer but the only Solved: Upgrading my PC into Gaming PC. Need advice. problem is I have no idea what I should be buying I have all the instructions on how to perform the upgrade but not on the specific hardware I should be buying for my model number Any advice suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated I am including all the specs of my computer that I could find below Product Number KJ AA Processor Athlon LE L GHz MT s Socket AM Cache Memory L Cache kb Chipset GeForce SE nForce Motherboard Asus M N -LA HP Compaq motherboard name Ivy -GL Memory GB currently installed GB Max X GB allowed Speed Supported PC - MB sec Memory Solved: Upgrading my PC into Gaming PC. Need advice. Type pin DDR SDRAM Hard drive GB SATA G Gb sec rpm Modem K bps data fax modem Video Graphics Integrated graphics Sound Audio High Definition -channel audio ALC chipset Network LAN Integrated Base-T networking interface Expansion Slots Available PCI PCI Express X PCI Express x Drive Bays Available of quot and of quot Operating System Win XP Version Service Pack -bit I am planning to upgrade to Windows as soon as I can If there s any additional information I need to provide let me know and I ll get it here A S A P Thanks for any advice and suggestions ahead of time -Jenna- nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I built a gaming PC about 2 years ago, and while it still plays the games I play just fine, I'm itching to either build a completely new system, or upgrade some of the parts that are lacking. I am on a bit of a budget and would like to only have to buy one or two parts a month if I build a whole new rig. If anyone could take a look at my current setup and tell me which parts definitely need replacing, or if I should build something better that would be awesome. The details are in my profile. If the suggestion is to start from scratch, what is the best order to buy the parts in to make it a little more future proof? It would probably take me about 4-6 months to be able to buy everything depending on prices. Thanks in advance!

A:Advice on building/upgrading a Gaming PC

Here is a few options:

Upgrading the CPU to a FX-8350 would double the processing power.
Upgrading the GPU to a GTX-760 would more than double the graphical power.
If you don't have a power supply greater than 500W's, I'd recommend getting one before upgrading to GTX-760. If you prefer a different card, you can look up the recommended power ratings from AMD or nVidia, for the selected card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-on-building-upgrading-a-gaming-pc.199327/
Relevancy 49.02%

My desktop advice a building some would like gaming about I beloved laptop is starting to buckle under the strain of I would like some advice about building a gaming desktop all the patches that come as part and parcel of playing World of Warcraft It s always played it fine and still does but it has I would like some advice about building a gaming desktop started to crash I would like some advice about building a gaming desktop every now and again with memory issues I decided the time may have come to invest in an actual gaming desktop computer specifically designed for WOW purposes However not having buckets full of cash handy at the moment Alienware is just not an option I ve been playing around on Computer Planet this morning trying to come up with a relatively cheap design and was wondering if anyone could have a look and make any suggestions as to changes you would make I have no intention of throwing out my laptop and will still use that for most things so the idea behind this desktop is for gaming purposes only Thanks all http www computerplanet co uk members quotes view html EDIT Try this URL http www computerplanet co uk custom-pc-quote php id nbsp

A:I would like some advice about building a gaming desktop

I get an error when I try to view your link. Can you copy and paste the hardware?

Quote - 151156

This quote does not belong to this user

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-would-like-some-advice-about-building-a-gaming-desktop.157162/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi, I need some advice on what technical specs I should be looking for when buying a new desktop. I would not call myself a hardcore gamer, but I'm looking for something that will easily play Flight Sim X and other games here and there. I think I would rather buy a name brand computer and upgrade the video card if necessary rather than trying to build one. Optimally looking to spend no more than $2000 and hopefully quite a bit less.

What do I need in order to run games without stalling/crashing (i.e. processor, RAM, video card, audio etc.)?

This is my first post, so I should mention that I know very little about hardware and nothing of the jargon, so go easy on me.

A:Rookie needs some advice on gaming computers

building it yourself would be much less but........
this should play about anything
go to gateway.com Gateway® FX530XG

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/rookie-needs-some-advice-on-gaming-computers.577169/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi I m looking for a flatscreen monitor of or inches preferably D and vNivia D Vision compatible x resolution and should be good for gaming first person shooter mainly watching movies and desktop work such as photo editing so good colour 3D a please choosing Advice monitor in gaming accuracy should be considered Can something please advise me on a good monitor to choose I m based in UK so the product must be available here At the moment there s no budget in mind yet I have a few Advice in choosing a 3D gaming monitor please questions if they can please be answered they ll be great in helping my decision Will I compromise anything eg picture quality in choosing a D omnitor over a non- D monitor eg if on a D monitor I play a game in D and I have the monitor s D option switched off either because the game doesn t support D vision or if I m not in the mood to play a game wearing D glasses will the game still appear as good as if I was playing on a non- D monitor I was told from several sources that inch monitors are not truly x resolution even though they re advertised to be they re really x maybe because of the limitation of the screen size True x resolution can only be achieved on monitors inches or above Is this true Forgetting D for now I heard that TN monitors are better for gaming because of their low lag time but the drawback is that colour quality is greatly compromised making the monitor no good for photo editing or graphics work For this reason IPS moniitors are recommended but those are no good for gaming because of their long lag time Are there ANY IPS monitors good for gaming too eg is response time related to lag time or are there more factors to to take into account I have seen this IPS monitor Asus ML H quot IPS LED Monitor with a ms response time so I m wondering if this is a reliable factor for gaming If a game plays at fps then the screen should refresh every ms to keep up with the framerate so would any response time less than this mean that the monitor is good for gaming Or am I thinking this wrongly Still on the topic of IPS vs TN is IPS better only because it has a wider viewing angle than TN If I view a TN monitor at its best angle will the colour be just as good as with an IPS monitor Or is IPS always give better colour image quality even when a TN monitor is viewed at its optimal angle Some sources recommend the Asus VG HE D monitor but I m concerned about its glossy screen whereas other monitors have a non-reflective screen Has anyone seen this monitor or anything similar and does the glossy reflective screen pose a problem especially when viewing something in D Thanks nbsp

A:Advice in choosing a 3D gaming monitor please

You can get a Samsung 3D Widescreen LED Monitor (23") for around $420 or a Samsung 3D Widescreen LED Monitor (27") T27A950 for $520, they are to best monitors for not too much cost

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-in-choosing-a-3d-gaming-monitor-please.170838/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi everyone I have been putting systems together for myself and many friends family for several years now I have been mostly doing builds with AMD boards CPUs because a lot of the builds I mid gaming advice Looking To High End build for do are on tight budgets and don't require high end applications Looking for mid To High End gaming build advice MY rig is more decked out for video editing and audio work so it's probably the biggest build I Looking for mid To High End gaming build advice have done thus far I have been asked to put together a gaming build for a friend but he's pushing more towards an Intel then an AMD but he doesn't know much about PCs as far as building them from the ground up His with a budget between to and he plans on Looking for mid To High End gaming build advice getting a newer nVida graphics card I have not had much experience with Intel setups but I know the way they are put together are pretty much the same as AMD setups they just do clock cycles different with the whole hyper threading ordeal which I am still trying to learn about My issue is the Intel chips and their names descriptions are a bit confusing to me I built a video editing tower together for myself using the AMD FX because the research I did said multi cores is better for my editing and I am familure with AMD names functions ect Intel on the other hand I am still confused about Apparently some of the core i units are better then the i units so the and in the name don't really say much about which one is a more powerful processor Is this true I don't wanna pull out the dreaded Intel vs AMD debate as I have seen it a thousand times with mixed answers But I am also trying to figure out the main differences between them and how they work and which ones are better for the types of system I am building so I can become know knowledgeable about the topic I have hit up a few youtube videos for help and learned a little about them but I am still lost on a few things And with AMD loosing so much money the past couple years I am also looking at options to upgrade my own rig later this year in case AMD goes under So before I can pick out the motherboard I need I need to figure out more about the Intel chips and if they are better for the gaming builds He s looking for heavy gaming use with solid k possibilities Pretty much surpassing the PS XBO capabilities I guess you could say 'next gen ready' in a sense I am not looking to water cool the system either just throwing that out there I plan on using a full tower case with to mm fans Cooler master HAF X case or similar Thanks in advance for any replies

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/130194-looking-mid-high-end-gaming-build-advice.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I had initially posted my problem and got no response so I figured it something that is rare Basically I am trying to figure out how to play online games with both of my PCs in my network I talked with the people who host the game quot Game Spy quot and they told me to open ports and this works Router Online Need Gaming Advice for But it only works for one PC Now Need Router Advice for Online Gaming I was doing tons and tons of searching online for someone who had my problem and I found a program Need Router Advice for Online Gaming called DXPort What I was told Need Router Advice for Online Gaming that this program allows me to do what im trying to do Basically by ensuring that each computer recieves the proper packets It shares the ports ranging from - What im told this does is make sure every computer gets the proper information which in turn allows me to connect with individual computers on my network while still using the same IP address The problem is im not sure how to make this program work and I believe its possible to do this without some software program If anyone can just give me some insight on what exaclty I should be asking my router manufacturer I would greatly appreciate it Cause right now im just trying to understand what I need to be asking so I can get it fixed I have all the ports I need opened at least that is what I believe if ANYONE knows ANYONE that can help me please tell me cause im desperate at this point and im having a headache trying to fix it nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

I believe i'll be building a new box here in about a month so I've been spec'ing things out I currently use an ATI X Pro Although its lasted this long ive had weird card advice. Need video gaming some issue and bugs out of it and I would sort of prefer to go back to Nvidia But i've heard that the only cards working with Direct X Need some gaming video card advice. are ATI for right now I havnt kept up with hardware for some time so i dont even know whos quot winning quot right now with the best cards out I was looking at this card Newegg com - EVGA G-P - -TR GeForce GTS GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics Video Cards It looks alright and I think it will meet my needs I plan to game with it moderately but i dont need the absolute best Just needs to run current games and be enjoyable without struggling to do so Any suggestions that fall in a similar price point as the link posted

A:Need some gaming video card advice.

Newegg.com - ASUS EAH4870 DK/HTDI/1GD5 Radeon HD 4870 Dark Knight 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

That one looks much better, similar price, and is 10.1 in stead of just 10.

I cant find any directx 10.1 Nvidia cards that are 256bit and the 256bit directx11 ATI cards are near 400$. Maybe I'll have to stick with ATI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/31784-need-some-gaming-video-card-advice.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello A friend and I were casually talking about him getting a new PC that d be good for some of the up-and-coming games that we like to play SC and D whenever that is Anyway he just threw it out that there he wouldn t mind putting one together for less than k and I thought why not Purpose Gaming high quality to max settings for majority of Gaming sub-$1000 Build advice: up-and-coming games Budget Location Canada willing to buy online Old parts mouse keyboard monitor speakers OS don t have Cooling preferably nothing beyond what comes stock So what I came up with on the Build advice: Gaming sub-$1000 fly and I d like your advice on is this cooler master scout Corsair TX W PSU Phenom II x why s there no BE on NCIX OCZ MHz - - - x GB Memory Radeon not necessarily at ncix for that price Gigabyte MA T UD P Mobo Western Digital TB Black Windows OEM Any DVD ROM Comes to under Some thoughts to begin with I would have liked to throw in a quad core processor or core i CPU as well as a series GPU but the budget told me to stick with a dual core AMD and a cheaper graphics solution not sure if that s realy the right sacrifice but that s what i did PSU Build advice: Gaming sub-$1000 not sure how much wattage i need just pulled out Build advice: Gaming sub-$1000 of the air Case not sure what s really necessary but the Scout looks pretty cool I d really appreciate some your input on this one Thanks nbsp

A:Build advice: Gaming sub-$1000

Hi matchu
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103652 99.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233029 45.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128398 119.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231277 109.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139005 89.00
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150481&cm_re=hd_5830-_-14-150-481-_-Product 230.300
Western Digital 1TB Black @ $96
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129079 100.00
Windows 7 OEM @ $118
Any DVD ROM @ $30

This setup gets you a MB that has the 750 Southbridge that you need to unlock the disabled cores. The x3 720 can be had for around the same price, is a black edition, will give you a full Ghz OC, and has three cores even if the 4th core will not unlock, or is a dud. (important because more and more games are using 2+ cores). The 5830 is close to the 4870 in performance, but you get DX 11 for future considerations. The cpu is a BE for easier and more flexible OC'ing. I threw in there an after market cooler for OC'ing. The MB has a second PCIE slot for VGA upgrade if the mood strikes you Newegg CA would not connect when i tried it a few mins ago, so I will let you find them if you like it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/build-advice-gaming-sub-1000.146688/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Well its time throw my wallet into the air and build a new gaming rig Im after any advice on which Motherboard to buy - ive been for on with new Gaming Mobo please DDR2 Rig Advice reading many reviews surfing the net researching etc and frankly my brains starting to fry with the overload Basically ive decided so far - Intel is the way to go Ive bagged myself Gb of brand new DDR mhz Corsair Dominator off my Advice please on new Mobo with DDR2 for Gaming Rig brother for bargain so its got to work with DDR mhz memory Budget isnt too much of an issue - say about - Im not much into overclocking and probably will only slightly tweak it after a year or so of use Id like it to be as future-proof as possible Normal Advice please on new Mobo with DDR2 for Gaming Rig use will be gaming surfing etc Ive normally used and been happy with Gigabyte and Asus boards in the past and have been looking at their offerings and been looking at their P amp X boards I was leaning towards the Asus Maximus Formula Board but somewhere i read that i would have to overclock it from mhz to mhz so it would work with my memory Is that right Any advice thoughts on any other Motherboards i should consider would be welcome Thanks nbsp

A:Advice please on new Mobo with DDR2 for Gaming Rig

I think the nVidia Mainboards are great!

nForce 680i

nForce 780i

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-please-on-new-mobo-with-ddr2-for-gaming-rig.97014/
Relevancy 49.02%

This is my first attempt at a computer build and it will mostly be used by my son I think I have what I need but I don t want to forget anything or get what I don t need This will be used -- need advice computer gaming another build Yet mostly by my son for gaming and internet - CPU Intel i - Ivy bridge GHz - Video Card GTX Ti GB - Motherboard MSI Z A-G LGA INTEL Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX - Memory G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB X - Power Supply KINGWIN Power Force PF- W - Case NZXT Phantom Red Steel Plastic ATX Full Tower - Hard Drive Seagate Barracuda TB RPM - Keyboard Logitech G Black USB Wired - Mouse ROCCAT Kova - Optical Light-on DVD Burner - Optical ASUS Internal Blu-ray drive I am worried about having to purchase software to be able to play Blue rays I would not know what to get I do not want to burn blue rays either but if there was a better drive to get that Yet another gaming computer build -- need advice did burn blue rays I would consider getting that instead I think we still need to get a wireless card and I am not sure if we need a sound card We will use a HD TV for a monitor or is there a problem with doing that These are to be honest just best guess as to what we need I think they are all compatible but I could be completely wrong The only thing I need to keep the same Yet another gaming computer build -- need advice is the case everything else can be changed I was also thinking of using Windows Yet another gaming computer build -- need advice would Windows or something else be better Right now I am sitting at about which is OK I don t want to go too much higher but I am willing to get what I need Let me know what changes I need to make or if I am forgetting something I know I really don t know what I am doing so I am very open to suggestions nbsp

A:Yet another gaming computer build -- need advice

My suggestions:

You have a Z77 Motherboard, which allows for overclocking, and your CPU is not overclock-ble. I would suggest upgrading to the i5-3570k, as it is only a few dollars more, and allows for overclocking. The alternative is to downgrade to a H77 motherboard if you do not plan to overclock at all.

I've also noticed that the Motherboard you linked is only $90, rather than the $200 you described. (Have you linked the wrong board???).

If you plan to overclock, and your budget is $200 I would definitely go for something like:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128544

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157295

I would recommend purchasing an aftermarket CPU cooler. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo is a great little cooler for only $35. It will be quieter, give better temperatures and allow for much more effective overclocking if you desire.

A 850W power supply is overkill for your build, and could only be justified if you plan to SLI two GTX 660 Ti's in the future. The PSU you have chosen is also only 80 plus bronze, which is good but not great. I would recommend going quality over quantity, and go for something like these:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151088

Apart from that, I think that you have great build in the makings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/yet-another-gaming-computer-build-need-advice.187982/
Relevancy 49.02%

I m on a budget for a tower with complete set of parts excluding operating system monitor keyboard mouse i need best vid card cpu and motherboard possible not sure about ram but i guess gigs is enough i plan on being able to play rift swtor guild wars on high to max settings without getting bogged down and want to be able to enjoy smooth gameplay for these games with atleast around - fps i checked out newegg cause i plan on building it myself but i have no experience with desktop hardware im on a budget and theres no way i building gaming rig advice Solved: on Need can afford a laptop for what i could get in a desktop that i build myself If i had the choice i would get a laptop with the sandy bridge i qm gtx m or m gb hdd minimum at rpm Solved: Need advice on building gaming rig basicly would Solved: Need advice on building gaming rig like to get a tower and parts to perform along those lines but really just do not know where to begin and came across this site last minute after being up all night trying to figure out how to go about this suffice it to say im lil burnt out and just hoping someone here can give me some advice and suggest which parts would best suite my needs and budget if at all possible nbsp

A:Solved: Need advice on building gaming rig

You've marked your thread solved...is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-need-advice-on-building-gaming-rig.1017235/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello everyone. I need some advice on some of the best 17/19 inch Flat screen CRT monitors. I am mainly a hard core gamer and want to upgrade to a new system by first getting a new monitor. I have around 550.00 dollars to spend on one(but if I can save some of that it's fine with me I really like the Sony 19 ' Trinitron Monitors because they have a nice, sharp image. However, the two aperature grill "tie wire" shadows lines slighty annoy me. Is there any other monitor out there that doesn't have these lines and is either equal or better in image quality and sharpness? If it's cheaper than Sony, I am all for that because it seems Sony Monitors are expensive. If someone could tell me which one they suggest and the link where I could purchase it I would greatly appreciate it.

A:need advice on excellent gaming monitor

Don't get a flat screen if you wnat to do serious gaming...they won't handle it. And for $500 you would be hard pressed to find anything of any real quality for that little cash. I would look at Viewsonic monitors..they have always been fairly good and have a good warranty.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-advice-on-excellent-gaming-monitor.82304/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I've been looking to buy a new laptop to for laptop Advice buying gaming on new use for work and also to play recent games like overwatch or the new metal gear I am considering buying a custom laptop from cyberpowerpc com I do not really know Advice on buying new laptop for gaming anything about computer performance for gaming and I would like some advice on if this seller is reliable and if the laptop will run modern games well My order looks like BASE PRICE ADAPTER Automatics Voltage adjustment between and VAC Hz Watts V A Pins BAGS None BATTERY Li-ion Battery SW Gas Gauge IC hard pack removable cells V mAh S P BLUETOOTH Built-in Bluetooth CABLE None CPU Intel Core Processor i - HQ GHz Turbo GHz MB Cache Processor DOCKINGSTATION None FLASHMEDIA Built-in -in- Card Reader FREEBIE CU FREE Intel Q Media Bundle HD M SATA GB Intel s Series M SATA-III Gb s SSD - MB s Read amp MB s Write - Single Drive HDD None HEADSET None Advice on buying new laptop for gaming HS HANGER None KEYBOARD quot KB with red backlight support full KB size w numeric keys MEMORY GB GBx DDR MHz SODIMM Memory G SKILL MONITOR None MOPAD None MOTHERBOARD Intel HM Express Chipset MOUSE BUILT-IN TOUCHPAD NETWORK Gigabit LAN NOTEBOOK quot FHD IPS x Displays LCD w red backlight full size Keyboard HDMI Li-ion Battery amp Universal AC adapter NOTEBOOK COVER TRACER- Cover OS Windows Home -bit Edition RUSH Standard Process Time Ship within to Business Day SECURITY None SERVICE STANDARD -YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY AND LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT SOUND Built-in HD audio SPEAKERS Built-in Speakers USB Built-in x USB USB Type C X x USB USBHD None VIDEO NVIDIA GeForce GTX M GB PCIe NB- - VIDEOCAMERA Built-in HD webcam with D-MIC Video Camera WNC Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC ac Bluetooth WTV None

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/130047-advice-buying-new-laptop-gaming.html
Relevancy 49.02%

So I am buying a gaming laptop to replace this quot gaming advice on Need purchase laptop old quot overheating HP Pavilion dv eo I have roughly to play around with I mostly play games Need advice on gaming laptop purchase like World of Warcraft serious gaming Call of Duty and other FPS games not that serious I have been looking a little at this one MSI GT - NE GhZ Intel Core i Need advice on gaming laptop purchase - M Quadcore MB DDR RAM Need advice on gaming laptop purchase HDD GB RPM inch monitor x resolution nVidia GeForce GTX M MB dedicated memory Windows Home Premium A friend of mine s got it and it seems promising but there s always some better deal out there you know but which ones are there I don t really require that much of it something along those lines Price at maximum The ability to play WoW on all Ultra High settings A tad inaccurate of course you can t know exactly what it takes to do this but yeah roughly Windows And at least inch monitor preferred And that is really all So if you know any good system that meets those requirements I ll be happy to hear from you I just registered and I consider myself a techy guy but perhaps I can learn a thing or two here at TechSpot I hope you can help me out on this one nbsp

A:Need advice on gaming laptop purchase

You might consider Toshiba's Qosmio X505-Q892. The screen is much better and the graphics are a slight improvement as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-on-gaming-laptop-purchase.160184/
Relevancy 49.02%

I am new to gaming computers so be patient with me haha. I am wanting to build the best gaming computer possible for around 900 dollars (do not care about blueray and all that crap, all I care about is pure performance for gaming) I also would like to exclude the OS, keyboard and mouse. I just want to have a custom built machine that would last at least 2 years, if not more. Right now I am gaming with a Dell Inspiron 1545 so you can imagine my frustration lol. I am going to attempt to build this computer myself, I just have no idea what would be the best bang for the buck. Again I am new to all this so just try to be understanding
Thank you!

A:I need advice on a good gaming PC build

which OS are you excluding; is it 32 or 64-bit?

with this information we will be better able to recommend a processor and memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-advice-on-a-good-gaming-pc-build.161221/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi All I m planning to build my first ever desktop since my laptop is already having problems and I think it s going to die soon I m going to use the computer mainly for doing D digital artworks editing videos as well as playing games specifically MMORPGs and some like PC First Overclocking) (NO Advice Need Build Gaming Alice Madness amp Skyrim I ll be playing the heavier games on the console so no need to have a monster pc I just First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) want something that would accommodate my main use and last First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) me a while before I would have the need to upgrade again I also have a budget that I have to stick to I live in the Philippines so it will be Php - Php in USD I think it would be around - As stated above I won t be doing any overclocking whatsoever Here are the specifications of the build I was planning CPU Intel Core i - Processor M Cache up to GHz Motherboard Asus H -PRO GAMER VideoCard EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Superclocked Memory Vengeance Low Profile GB Dual Channel DDR Memory Kit CML GX M A C Storage Samsung GB EVO quot SATA SSD Storage Western Digital Caviar Black TB quot RPM Power Supply Seasonic X W Gold CPU Cooler Cooler Master Seidon V Hybrid Optical Drive ASUS D ST BLACK X SATA Case Obsidian Series D Mid-Tower PC Case Case Fan Scythe Kaze Jyuni PWM mm rpm CFM x Since this is a first opinions are greatly appreciated I m open for First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking) suggestions if you think there are better parts that should replace the ones listed It would also be very nice if it would be cheaper without losing the performance and quality Thanks in advance nbsp

A:First Gaming PC Build Need Advice (NO Overclocking)

Thorah said:

Hi All,

I'm planning to build my first ever desktop since my laptop is already having problems and I think it's going to die soon...

I'm going to use the computer mainly for doing 2D digital artworks, editing videos as well as playing games, specifically MMORPGs and some like Alice Madness & Skyrim.
I'll be playing the heavier games on the console so no need to have a monster pc.
I just want something that would accommodate my main use and last me a while before I would have the need to upgrade again.

I also have a budget that I have to stick to. I live in the Philippines so it will be Php 50,000 - Php 55,000 , in USD I think it would be around $ 1000 - $ 1200.

As stated above, I won't be doing any overclocking whatsoever.

Here are the specifications of the build I was planning.

CPU: Intel® Core? i5-4690 Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz)
Motherboard: Asus H97-PRO GAMER
VideoCard: EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti Superclocked
Memory: Vengeance® Low Profile ? 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory Kit (CML8GX3M2A1600C9)
Storage: Samsung 120 GB 840 EVO 2.5" SATA SSD
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM
Power Supply: Seasonic X650 650W 80+ Gold
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V Hybrid
Optical Drive: ASUS24D3ST BLACK 24X SATA
Case: Obsidian Series® 450D Mid-Tower PC Case
Case Fan: Scythe Kaze Jyuni PWM 120mm, 1300rpm, 74CFM (x3)

Since this is a first, opinions are greatly appreciated. I'm open for suggestions if you think there are better parts that should replace the ones listed. It would also be very nice if it would be cheaper without losing the performance and quality.

Thanks in advance!Click to expand...

What programs do you specifically use for video editing and such?

Also a couple of notes:
1: That PSU is a bit overkill for that build or most builds. I would suggest a Gold Rated 550Watt as being a cheaper better option for you.
2: Save a couple of bucks and grab a Western Digital Blue 1tb HDD or a Seagate Barracuda 1tb HDD. WD Black HDD's are awesome but generally they are a bit more for not much of a difference overall.

Can you link the site from which you are ordering your parts from?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-gaming-pc-build-need-advice-no-overclocking.210692/
Relevancy 49.02%

So I ve made the decision to move from console to PC and currently I am Gaming for Cooling Advice First System on and Need PC looking at getting one from Hardwired PC s as they are an Australian company my friend has suggested and living in Sydney I wouldn t need Advice Need on System and Cooling for First Gaming PC to worry about shipping or anything like that My budget is around about AUS dollars for the actual PC not including peripherals of which i need a keyboard and mouse and a monitor I d use this PC for d rendering and gaming meaning that I d probably be using of my CPU and GPU at times The custom build I have been thinking about on HardWired PC is their Reaper Junior model and their are a couple questions Advice Need on System and Cooling for First Gaming PC I ve got and I d really if someone could answer them for me I ll list the specs then Advice Need on System and Cooling for First Gaming PC the questions Specs Case Corsair r with window Case Fans Corsair Airflow Series - SP High Performance CPU Fan Cooler Master Hyper Evo Fan Controller BitFenix Recon Touchscreen fan controller CPU Intel Core i K GHz Quad Core LGA Motherboard Asus Z -K Socket Memory Corsair GB Vengeance Mhz DDDR GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX GB GDDR Hard Drive Western Digital TB Caviar Blue Power Supply Corsair RM W Silent Plus Gold Efficiency Optical Drive LG Blue Ray Combo Drive Audio Onboard Audio Wireless Network Card TP Link TL-WDN Wireless PCIE Adaptor Operating System Windows bit Monitor Asus VE H Inch Widescreen Full HD ms LED Total cost I am aware that this is over my original budget however i am happy with this build as it fulfils everything i want and considering that minus the monitor and possibly the fan controller its only about over Questions The case used by HardWired PC Corsair r only has two fans - one intake and one rear exhaust Due to this I have chosen to opt for the SP High Performance fans For this reason I have chosen to get a Fan Controller just so that I can turn down the fan rpm and reduce noise during less demanding tasks Are these ridiculously noisy and are the necessary or are the stock fans sufficient for cooling my system Should I get the Cooler Master Hyper Evo Cpu fan or is it unnecessary or insufficient Do I need to or should I spend more money on my motherboard or is it good enough as it stands gt If so what motherboard should I get Is the Hard Drive I have chosen a good choice or should I opt for a different one Any comments on the Wireless network card I haven t found too much information on it Any thoughts on the monitor Good or Bad So thats it any help is appreciated as I m completely new to this and for any other people living in Australia other recommendations for other PC companies in Australia are welcome as well I Think I ve covered everything Feel free to ask me any more questions Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Advice Need on System and Cooling for First Gaming PC

. Should I get the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Cpu fan or is it unnecessary or insufficient?Click to expand...

Yes. If you intend to game and or overclock, the stock intel hsf is marginal at best. The coolermaster 212 does a very good job of cooling AND it is not all that expensive.

Do I need to (or should I) spend more money on my motherboard or is it good enough as it stands> If so what motherboard should I get?

It is a mid-level board. If you do not intend to overclock, then it should be ok. If you do intend to overclock, I would go with an asus pro board. You get better VRs, better northbridge cooling, etc with the higher end asus boards.

Is the Hard Drive I have chosen a good choice or should I opt for a different one?

No. The blue drives are low end. If you want a mech hard rather than a ssd, then go with a black series drive OR a raptor drive. Both have dual motor supports and dual processors; much better quality than a blue series drive. Just look at the warranty on each one; blue drive 2yr warranty, black or raptor drive 5yr warranty. That alone should tell you about quality. FWIW I have never had a raptor drive fail [I have had numerous other drives fail]

One other thought. Why do you need a fan controller? An asus board has all of the fan control you need built in to the mb.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/advice-need-on-system-and-cooling-for-first-gaming-pc.1134992/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey all, DON'T post on this thread, instead go to

http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=331933

Not sure if I posted the original in the right place.

A:Gaming and misc reboots - need advice please

In case anything happens to your other thread, this is what I posted there =

Random restarts/reboots/resets/crashes/freezes could be due to several reasons, including overheating, RAM, hardware issues, etc., but rather than playing "20 question" type guessing games, just do the following and post back with the info so that we can narrow it down some.::

Try rebooting(restarting) in safe mode, then go to control panel/ system / advanced Tab/ startup and recovery box/ settings button/ sytem failure and uncheck "restart on system failure" ( take the check out of automatically restart box ) , and check the Write a system event, and the Admin alert boxes (check "send admin alert"). This will force a BSOD on the next crash (freezes/restarts = crashing) that posts the Stop Error Code. On the next crash write down the exact Stop Error Code and post that exact error here back on this thread. (While you're waiting for a reply, you can put that error code in Google search, and in the MS Support Knowledge Base (KB) = http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1]http to check it out.)
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

Also go to your device manager (devmgmt.msc) and check the properties and look for anything suspicious and check that the settings are where they should be.

Edit: Go to and put in your system specs at = http://www.crucial.com/support/install.asp = "Eliminate the hassle and risk of getting the wrong memory ? In just 3 easy steps our Memory Advisor? tool will show you exactly the right upgrade for your computer."
=" The Crucial System Scanner automatically detects your computer's information and gives you the details you need to purchase a compatible upgrade. To run the Crucial System Scanner, you need Microsoft Windows 95 or higher. " http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner

+ 4allmemory.com]http://www.4allmemory.com

memoryx.com]http://www.memoryx.com

Test your ram with these: = Memtest86+ here: http://www.memtest.org/]http://www.memtest.org + Memory Diagnostic Page = http://www.memtest86.com

RAM Reliability Test = http://hcidesign.com/memtest

Ram Idle = http://www.freewareweb.com/cgi-bin/archive.cgi?ID=1423

Everest Home Edition Successor to AIDA32: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html = Find out what speed ram you have and how many open slots you have. Get the same speed RAM and add it to a vacant slot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gaming-and-misc-reboots-need-advice-please.58794/