Windows Support Forum

AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI message a...

Q: AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI message a...

I've have an Aspire x1300 for many years. The only mods I've done to it is add a new graphics card, a MSI radeon R7 200. For the past couple months, every time I boot up "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI" appears on the boot up screen and doesn't do anything from there. The only way I can start my comp is to go into the bios menu and back out. I looked up many options and the only one that makes sense is to update the bios but there are no drivers available for my model on this site. Does anyone have to right bios update for me or a proper solution? please help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI message a...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI message a...

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/1180;-;Aspire%20X1300 click on BIOS tab, be aware that those updates are only for BIOS version Rxxxx one thing i would try is to change the CMOS battery, probably a low charge battery can have this kind of behaviour.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/AMD-Data-Change-Update-New-Data-to-DMI-message-appears-on-boot/td-p/382280
Relevancy 101.48%

I just got my computer up and running yesterday, but I've noticed this screen when I turn it on. It pops up before the OS loads. My computer is running just fine, but this is just kind of an annoyance to see. Is there any way to remove it? I've got a Gigabyte ga-ma790fxt-ud5p and running Windows 7 Home Premium.

A:How to remove the screen that shows "AMD Data Change... Update New Data To DMI!"?

This is a message from your motherboard, not windows 7.

Did you enter the BIOS (settup) and load the default settings? Or change any other settings?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/272582/how-to-remove-the-screen-that-shows-amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi/
Relevancy 100.19%

Windows Vista bit was HP Desktop m c but motherboard died so I purchased gigabyte GA- change boot 64 data to new data Vista won't AMD DMI Update OS GM-D H rev AMD G socket AM I updated my memory with PATRIOT gaming i gb DDR MHz - - - kit it is UNGANGED I had to change CPU to match it is AMD phenom II X T black edition GHz Everthing worked perfect from Nov until Dec then one morning after internet auto update I found DMI Pool Data AMD data change Update new data to DMI Boot from CD DVD Vista 64 OS won't boot AMD data change Update new data to DMI Disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter I tried many things other have here on this forum my problem is that in Master is the original HARD DRIVE Slave CD DVD Master which is the second hard drive but BIOS sees Vista 64 OS won't boot AMD data change Update new data to DMI it as the same hard drive as Master It is a shadow copy of the rst HD and is same size I have turned each off independently in BIOS but no OS will boot Tried original recovery disk with system error not able to recover BECAUSE OF new motherboard HELP nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-64-os-wont-boot-amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi.1032378/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hi, I just got myself a new monitor and ever since that it started showing this message on boot, and I would be fine with that expect it stays on that screen for like 5 minutes before my computer continues to boot. Not cool.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi-505399.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Gday I have started getting this ----- gt AMD data change update new data to DMI everytime I reboot the system boots up fine and no nasty BSOD's GA-MA T-UD P rev I contacted Gigabyte this is there reply - Thank you for supporting new data update to DMI data AMD change... GIGABYTE products and contacting GBT Tech Support As to the problem you mentioned kindly try to Load Optimized under BIOS setting and remove AMD data change... update new data to DMI unnecessary hardware Then try to test with a hardware add on at a AMD data change... update new data to DMI time to see how it works You can try to reinstall OS as well since it is also possible the boot file damage issue If the problem remains please try to contact AMD data change... update new data to DMI your supplier and see whether they could help you do further testing on the system to find out where went wrong It is a brand new tower that I had custom built and when I first installed Vista there was no AMD data change update new data to DMI I do not want to flash the BIOS if it ain't broke don't fix it I am curious as to why all of a sudden this message has suddenly appeared

A:AMD data change... update new data to DMI

try using the basic defaults with any auto-overclocking and core unlocking turned off for starters, leave out on the boot any devices with flash memory. run a memory diagnostic app eg: memtest, windows memory test. if a memory cell on the stick fails or doesnt sync correctly it can be read sometimes as a hardware change. its also worth reading the bios update notes to see if any of the fixes/new additions apply to any of your hardwear.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/280262-amd-data-change-update-new-data-dmi.html
Relevancy 95.03%

This message is telling you that your system drivers are out of date. If you can get into your system download DriverMax and update your drivers and you will not have that problem. I had this problem and was eventually able to access my system by turning off and on several times. After updating my system drivers the problem went away.

A:AMD Data change, update new data to DMI

Sounds more like an advertisement for DriverMax to me???

AMD Data Change is displayed by the BIOS, generally the BIOS has no knowledge of drivers. I doubt updating any driver, especially for those who do not have any O/S loaded yet, will do much for them. This is a BIOS or hardware configuration error.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi.911482/
Relevancy 95.03%

Hello
I get this message on every boot, befor OS loading: "AMD Data Change - Update New Data to DMI"
I flashed my MB withe the lastest bios; even old bioses but it keep showing.
I reset cmos, change battery disconect all unecessary hardwars without success.
What is updating and is there a solustion ?

Please help

Relevancy 95.03%

Hi all, just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate on my second pc, all went well apart from it gets to amd data change update new data to dmi then..... stops, it wont budge, i haven't touched anything in the bios or added any new hardwear.
When i reboot, same again, went into the bios and made sure i have it set to boot from hard drive first.
Any thoughts on this?

A:amd data change update new data to dmi?

What was on your second computer before you installed Windows 7? Did it have any malware/viruses, etc?

Have you updated your Mother Board? Cleared/reset the CMOS?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/44065-amd-data-change-update-new-data-dmi.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Need help.. when I turn my pc on itll load windows then shuts down with a really quick flash of BSOD.

Then says "amd data change update new data to dmi"

Ive put the window 7 disc in and I just get the compatibility report screen! Help?

A:amd data change update new data to dmi

Now just getting black screen....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293376-amd-data-change-update-new-data-dmi.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hey there Basically I get that message quot AMD Data Change Update New Data to DMI quot then it just hangs there no matter how long I leave it I ve been reading this post as it s the only thing I could find on the net about my problem http forums techguy org hardware -dmi-pool-data-always-changing html Unfortunately some smartypants decided to close the thread or set automatic thread closing so no reply notifications can go directly to the people originally dealing with the problem leaving us with no choice but to have a duplicate thread and a restart on the expertise involved in solving it wtf So here it goes I appreciate any time you put in to helping me here Also it is quite urgent as I m the lead modeller on Cypherium and am falling behind schedule so if you want to play it sooner you l help me get this working faster What s changed since the last successful boot Windows Firewall enabled Powerquest Partition Magic and their Diskkeeper software that to boot Change...Update Data New and Data DMI!" sais "AMD wont Comp comes with it Comp wont boot and sais "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!" PM said Comp wont boot and sais "AMD Data Change...Update New Data to DMI!" it has compatibility issues opened it but did nothing with it Diskkeeper wanted to just back up my system to a floppy drive Don t have a floppy drive Closed it About hours later it was still working perfectly I turned off the computer and went to sleep Hardware has not changed at all Other recent history Installed several programs of the Adobe CS Creative Suite Had a major virus outbreak on another computer using AVG this one uses Norton and have copied files between them despite reappearances of the viruses System Specs TB SATA HDD Partitioned to gb C for Windows XP SP x the first OS installation and gb E for data GB IDE HDD for Windows Pro x second OS installation ATI Radeon HD Gigabyte Motherboard GB PC RAM AMD Quad Core x mhz Appropriate drivers installed from provided month old disks but Graphics Card drivers updated from the net Will look for more detailed information if anyone thinks it necessary just say so What I ve tried Testing each RAM chip on it s own quot AMD Data Change Update New Data to DMI Update Success quot but still does nothing more than sit there Booting from boot menu on both disks Same as above Disconnecting both HDDs Original error is still there and of-course the NTLDR error which I fix by reconnecting them in the right order Rebooting times Same error Loading Fail-Safe Defaults in BIOS Same error Loading Optimized Defaults in BIOS Same error Windows install disk inserted booted from boot menu Same error with two more lines under it quot Boot from CD DVD quot then quot - quot then hangs eternally Changed boot order to CD DVD first and rebooted again Same as above so I can t even install an OS Searching Google for solutions Technical Support Seems nobody wrote one yet And screw Gigabyte s technical support Any company will take days to reply and probably just tell me to try something I already tell them I tried followed by a load of advertising right Well thats what ATI did when I wanted to connect a rd screen grr Tips from the thread linked at the top that I don t understand couldn t try can anyone explain how quot You can make sure you are running the latest BIOS version quot - How Well the computer is less than a few months old and is actually from a shop rather than custom built quot I ve seen this issue mentioned in other places and some people have said that it s nothing to worry about quot - So perhaps computers with this error normally boot into their OS then Cus I m worrying quot How about clearing the CMOS with the jumper on the board quot - What the bajeezus Sounds like heart surgery to me quot quot I could RMA the motherboard quot - Wussat That s all I can think of that you need to know any ideas plz Thanks for your time Tony nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/comp-wont-boot-and-sais-amd-data-change-update-new-data-to-dmi.949880/
Relevancy 82.56%

I am an absolute begineer in MS Access Will try to put my question as simply n clearly as possible I have designed a database to keep history of our company s projects The Master Project History Table contains fields including Project Ref Project Title Project Budget and Project Year The users are expected to populate the table through Master Project HistoryForm The key field is set as Project Ref Some of the projects are combined with each other and to display this info Master Project History Form also has the fields Project Ref- Project Title- Project Budget- and Project Year- I am loking for a code for the On Update event that will fetch and display data in Project Title- Project Budget- and Project Year- fields when Project Ref- is updated Please note that all this info is coming from the same Master Project History Table My IT guys told me to use a code with variable for each field that goes something like this to update Project Title- field Dim varX As Variant varX DLookup quot Project Title quot quot Master Project History Table quot quot Project Ref quot amp Forms Master Project History Form Project Ref- Me Project Title- varX And then repeat for each other field by defining new variables The above is not working giving syntex errors etc Will appreciate help from fellow members nbsp

A:MS Access: Updating Data In One Field Should Update Data In All Relevant Fields

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ms-access-updating-data-in-one-field-should-update-data-in-all-relevant-fields.802904/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hiya gang I need to know where I went wrong and for someone to point me in the right direction for a plausible solution Here is my task at hand Our database crashed and we lost data I don t want to loose the data we have already inputted since the crash however there is missing data I loaded up the last best known back up of our database to recover Data Update From Query a Solved: Field Compare Data the lost data So far so good I have done the following below Exported field from one db be mdb file Imported field to new db Solved: Update Data From a Compare Data Field Query be mdb file Run Query to compare data and fill any missing fields with corresponding data In essence I am attempting to replace data from a compare data field query in access Listed below are the web links I used to create the process above Export a database object to another Access database http office microsoft com en-us a t-to-another-access-database-HA aspx Compare two tables and find records w o matches http office microsoft com en-us a find-records-without-matches-HA aspx Update data from one table to another http office microsoft com en-us access-help update-data-by-using-a-query-HA aspx Here is my code UPDATE tblFILES-Feb LEFT JOIN tblFILES ON tblFILES-Feb PATTMNO tblFILES PATTMNO SET tblFILES PATTMNO tblFILES-Feb PATTMNO WHERE tblFILES PATTMNO Is Null When I run the update query I receive the error below Mircrosoft Office Access didn t update field s due to type conversion failure record s due to key violations record s due to key violations record s due to lock violations and record s due to validation rule violations Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 81.27%

I have a table that logs files out.

When the item comes back in I wish to record the date the file was returned.

How can I get it so the query (form) only brings up the one record to edit?

I've tried setting the parameter to ask for the IDCode (autonumber) but it does not bring any records up to edit?

I can get it so that I can edit everything from a certain date, or a department or a person but NOT where parameter [IdCode] is entered in the field "ServIdCode_fld"

Having been able to finally get bar codes to print properly I'm hoping that I can just scan the bar code in the appropriate record is brought up I can entered the date and go to the next file return.

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I ve been struggling with getting a simple InfoPath form to work with a test MS Access database I feel the best way to explain what I am doing is by giving you an example Background of scenario Lets say I am a distributor of gas cylinders I have different gas cylinders that I fill and send to customers When they are done with the gas they return the cylinders and I fill them back up Each cylinder has specific data related to each manufacturer serial specific cylinder ID and material of construction carbon steel stainless steel etc I have this data in my MS Access database in an individual table called quot CYLINDER DATA quot Every time I refill a cylinder I need to record the from another table, (same - table data 2007 one Retrieve data submit to InfoPath data date and measure the pressure and temperature among other things of the gas InfoPath 2007 - Retrieve data from one table, submit data to another table (same data in the cylinder This data along with the specific quot CYLINDER DATA quot at this date of measurement must be added as a new record in a different table called quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot in the same database What I would like to do So I want to create an InfoPath form for operators to use whenever they need to perform measurements on a newly filled cylinder So I created an InfoPath form that starts with a drop-down list box control that is populated with the different cylinder IDs A user would choose one of the quot cylinder IDs quot from the drop down list and then click quot retrieve data quot This would then populate the fields directly below manufacturer serial material of construction etc from the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table Below this section would be a section to quot fill in quot measurements to the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table It would have blank fields for quot pressure quot quot temperature quot quot date quot and other measurement fields Once filled in the operator would hit quot submit quot and a new record in the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table would be created This new record would included the everything populated on the InfoPath form the cylinder specific data AND the measurements on the given date What I ve tried doing I have my database set up in the two tables outlined above I created an InfoPath form with the quot CYLINDER DATA quot as the Main Connection I am easily able to retrieve cylinder specific data from the CYLINDER DATA table into my form by use of the queryfields and datafields However I cannot seem to get the quot submit quot to go to the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table The form seems to only want to submit to the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table I also tried making the quot CYLINDER MEASUREMENTS quot table the Main Connection so I could submit to it But then it seems that I cannot create a database query to quot retrieve quot data from the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table Where to go from here I am looking to get any insight from you to see how I can configure this appropriately to get what I need I also do not want the user to be able to change the data in the quot CYLINDER DATA quot table so I would likely have those fields quot read-only quot Any information support is appreciated Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/infopath-2007-retrieve-data-from-one-table-submit-data-to-another-table-same-data.987389/
Relevancy 68.8%

I have an entire column of data that I need in one cell. When combined I need each piece of data to be surrounded by " " and a , between each one.

results = "151","183","2001"

A:Solved: Excel Column of data place in one cell with "data", "data" results

ASAP's "Merge row data" ("Columns and rows" category) will do 99% of the work for you.

http://www.asap-utilities.com/

(edit: "entire column" -- do you mean full from top to bottom? )

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-column-of-data-place-in-one-cell-with-data-data-results.975601/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi there I don t have enough experience in VBA excel or word and would you mind helping for the following Q The below macro code add row below the last row And Would Data to sheet as Form Excel data doc as Import Entry database from word you mind telling me what is the Import data from word doc as Data Entry Form to Excel sheet as database code that can add row for word document table between the last row and the row before the last ActiveDocument Tables Rows Add Q My second question is related to export import between two different programs or files Excel and word document Would you mind providing me the proper code for Wordtable copy Workbook xls - sheet past speical value Suppose the word tables excel workbookD sheet are as follow Table in word document -------------------- Cell - Cell Cell - Cell -------------------- Table in Word document ------------------------------------ Cell - Cell - Cell Cell - Cell - Cell ------------------------------------ WorkbookD xls Sheet Rows Column A B C D wt Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell WT Cell How I write a macro to make the value or text in Cell in word table to be copied and past in Cell A in sheet of WorkbookD xls and the value or text of the range from Cell to Cell of table or word doc to be copied and past in sheet of WorkbookD xls from range B for n rows in table and table of word doc Thanks Hamdy quot nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/import-data-from-word-doc-as-data-entry-form-to-excel-sheet-as-database.886270/
Relevancy 67.08%

I have an android phone with data and an app called pdanet+. However, my phone isn't compatible with the wifi hotspot feature of the app. Therefore, I decided to use the Bluetooth internet feature of planet+, but it won't show up on my iPhone. Does anyone know what jailbreak tweak I can get to be able to make the connection between the phones?

A:How do I Bluetooth tether an android with data (using pdanet+) to an iPhone 4 w/o data (jail broken)

BTW, I've already tried ibluever from Cydia but it shuts down my wifi connection; the app needs wifi to activate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-bluetooth-tether-an-android-with-data-using-pdanet-to-an-iphone-4-w-o-data-jail-broken.215114/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I have two problems I have a lot of scanning data all date and time stamped All the scans show different status of shipped packages all shipments have unique ID but there are multiple scans data export from macro to second Solved: excel ACCESS: and Show latest data on route for all Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro of them to track the packages I want to find all the packages for which there was quot misdirected quot scan then for all of them show the scan before So the end result would be all the scans that show for each package where it was misdirected the terminal of the scan before the misdirect scan I want to automate this run queries every two hours between am and pm copy and paste all results into Excel to specified areas e g first query results to A second to A third to A etc or onto different tabs save as csv to a specific folder then send it as attachment to a given e-mail address Even partial solution can be good I only know macros somewhat not as much VBA so I tried that with the TransferSpreadsheet command but can t get it work Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: ACCESS: Show second latest data and export data to excel from macro

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-access-show-second-latest-data-and-export-data-to-excel-from-macro.942280/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everyone, my software(data acquisition software) works well and saves data in the folder with full control permissions, but when I try to save my data in the restricted folder(only delete permission is denied) it displays an error access denied.
Is there any workaround to disable the delete option and keeping the normal functioning of software intact, as my intention is to allow the users to generate the data and restricting them from deleting the generated data
Thanks in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/026639d7-2c52-4c20-aca4-d5e6675b5611/if-i-setup-folder-restrictions-i-am-unable-to-save-data-through-the-data-acquisition-software?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

I have a number of devices connected to my virgin router, via wireless and lan.

I was wondering if their was software that exists, that allows you to monitor the speed, traffic, and what kind of bandwidth each device is getting from the router, speed etc too .

Many thanks,

Stuart

A:software to monitor devies on network, data speeds, data usage ?

Since no one has replied. Here`s a google of programs.

Google

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/285074-software-monitor-devies-network-data-speeds-data-usage.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi all,
Can someone help me with this issue in the Crystal Report

I am using Crystal Report 2011 and Oracle database.
My query is to output some columns in 2 different table(A,B).
After run query, there is 126,978 rows in the result.
In table A, there are 36 different types. The result shows same
in the Oracle Sql Development and Crystal Report (126,978 rows).
it also shows 36 different types in the details section. But when I right click
on that column, there is 23 different types and missing other 13 types.
I tried many ways but without successful (still missing).
Is there any problem with the software? Data missing hence I cannot create correct
dynamic parameter. If it does not show all 36 different type, then my query possibly
wrong, but it can show in the details section, then browse data option should show all 36 types right?
Do you have any idea to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crystal-report-missing-data-in-the-browse-data-under-database-fields.1111833/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi everyone My external USb Wd mybook box has tb Seagate Sata and i use original Wd disc as W installed in My PC Case as sata II Today my old problem appears again as Corrupted disc I recovery external Data data but problem, space. Can reach no corrupted have Get Data Back NTFS and i used before plenty of times for recovery loss data or unwanted deletions but This time im stuck Becouse the disk i try to recover includes gb about used disk space only audio files only gb about empty space Thats too big for me to recover to other disks i don't have enough spaces that my other disks can handle I have about gb FREE disk space in several disks or partitions include My thinkpad SL Notebook Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. --------- So my question is wit keeping my lost data in corrupted disk first can i take them slowly to this gb spaces i know i can and after create somehow emty space deleting those recovered gb on corrupted disk and use that empty space for more recovery Or smilar solutions Becouse DISC PRICES IS HEAVY nowadays and really i'm out of budget with buying some equipments upgrades ---------- IS THERE Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. ANY PRACTICALLY POSSIBLE SOLUTION even can take very long time Like creating slowly slowly some extra spaces don't know how I know i look silly in Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space. situation becouse i know u should never write to same disc if you dont want to say goodbye to your files E-how happened not necessary to read these part according my experiences Thats the mistakes DOn't do those at the same time After Letting my Share program DC took big share space on that disk today -there were people downloading from my disk and don't know why i did that -i used heavly that disk to tag amp rename my music -Also let windows seven index -and also let my dc indexes my share I did these things at the same time disks was working My Downloads were happening another disk but it didnt help there were no any problems im just suspicious about some virus worked on this corruption but i don't have enough clue to say that Seems overload processes made this corruption Also one more mistake i made even i know shouldnt that there was a single folder with about gb value in my musics as jukebox folder Also don't do that normally i allow for download and upload only single disk for example gb Anyway somehow after restarting my OS i suddenly see half of my data was gone from TB disk and stupidly unlike other times while using get data back i tried to write a little amount from lost data to free space on same disc then immediately i gave up but this time disk become unstable Completly corrupted after restart my restart reasons are immediate quit for suspicious virus etc with using removal batch files becouse i SO as classic sorry to take ur time and PLEASE Help

A:Data recovery problem, Can reach corrupted data but no external space.

Hi,

Before you write more data or attempt to read data from the drive through Windows, I would suggest using a Live CD like SysRescueCD to boot from and access the HDD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/213342-data-recovery-problem-can-reach-corrupted-data-but-no-external-space.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hiya

The Microsoft Data Analyzer design and create data cubes article sample files provides sample source data for creating data cubes from text files. Use this file in conjunction with the article Design and Create Data Cubes from Text Files.

http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/2002/articles/daCubePrinciples.aspx

http://office.microsoft.com/downloa...seID=43350&area=search&ordinal=12&redirect=no

Regards

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-analyzer-3-5-design-and-create-data-cubes-sample-files.97614/
Relevancy 67.08%

Excel 2003 SP3
Could anybody suggest a way, using whatever method you prefer to copy existing data to another tab, but have the data go transparent by 50%(or thereabouts, so you can just see it), but keep the headings normal font.
Thanks

A:Solved: Excel 2003 help to copy data to new tab and make data transparent

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-2003-help-to-copy-data-to-new-tab-and-make-data-transparent.807436/
Relevancy 67.08%

HELP PLEASE !!!!

I have attached a sample excel document
Basically each morning I receive a .txt file and I export it to excel.
I have a macro which deletes blank rows and therefore tidies the file up somewhat as the size is humungous!
There will be approximately 1000 brach i.d.'s on a daily basis within my file, but I have provided a few in the sample excel doc.
Within my attachment I have highlighted a specific branch and the information that comes with it. I only need part of the information (therefore many rows can be deleted within each branch i.d.

Please review the attached sample and keep in mind the following:

1. I need to keep the branch i.d. at the top of each section
2. I really only require the information that relates to "outstanding" and the few subsequent rows beneath

Can someone please assist??? I would be very appreciative

A:Need Help with wriitng Macro/code to rid unwanted data and retain specific data

I think this macro will work for you, though with dates involved, you never know.

BTW, I suggest that next time, Excel related threads should be started in the Business Applications section. You get help there sooner. Maybe better help as well.

Jimmy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-wriitng-macro-code-to-rid-unwanted-data-and-retain-specific-data.710324/
Relevancy 67.08%

When i export my inventory from my DB into an excel file my trailer brands are listed as they are in my DB of course But when i bulk upload them with XML feed to trailer inventory sites HTW com amp HTT com for our example here My inventory is listed on their site but it s not searchable because the brand search is a Replace with similar - sample data required Solved: Formula? Excel my data or -Macro drop down Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample menu on these sites Say i goto HTW com and do a search for Blue Ribbon trailers none of my blue ribbon trailers show up because all of Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample mine are listed as BLUE RIBBON TRAILERS LTD and the site is searching for Blue Ribbon and although they are the same trailer brand HTW com does not see them What i m looking for is maybe a Macro or even formula that once i tell it what site i m working on will go through my list and replace all my spellings with the proper ones for that site Attached is an XLS file with columns the first is my list as is from my DB the other columns are the proper spelling for each corresponding site Excel s find and replace feature is a VERY crude fix to this but since it s so time consuming it s NOT a viable solution Any takers Slurpee Zack Anyone nbsp

A:Solved: Excel -Macro or Formula? Replace my data with similar required data - sample

for the record, a complete solution would be GREAT, but not necessary...
I just need someone to point me in the right direction and maybe a small working sample of like 5 brands and i'll expand the list from there...

cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-excel-macro-or-formula-replace-my-data-with-similar-required-data-sample.974275/
Relevancy 66.65%

This is sort of a follow-up to here Manycam does not broadcast sound how do I fix this Since it is locked and this issue is different am making a new thread Basically most cam sites have you configure cam feed and microphone feed differently Even if you have a camera with a built-in microphone this is sensed as inputs into the computer and you select them separately In addition to being able to alter and do tricks with my web camera input ManyCam is also able to use video files as if there ManyCam data a broadcasted? to microphone Is video up data with way hook being they were a web cam feed This allows for example me to play a Is there a way to hook up microphone data with video data being ManyCam broadcasted? previously recorded video of myself or a clip from a cartoon I like and broadcast it to someone I'm talking to like say TinyChat or Stickam While this happens I can hear the sound from the file I am playing because it plays concurrently in ManyCam even as ManyCam's content is sensed and broadcast through a web page or instant messenger Basically I would like to broadcast the sound too through a microphone feed but I don't know how to do that through software alone So what I've been doing is putting a microphone next to my speakers and having it record the broadcasted music Clearly this reduces quality and it necessitates both playing audio out loud not an option if I want to be quiet and use ear phones and also risks recording myself when I only want people to hear the audio from the file So what I'm wondering is is there a way for ManyCam to do this It's clearly able to play the sound but it seems to be solely for my benefit and I can't figure out how to export a microphone-type feed for the computer to sense as an input option for webcam chat rooms If MC can't do this I'm wondering if anyone knows any other kind of free software that does Broadcasting audiovisual files as if they were cam and microphone and having the computer sense it that way as MC does with the video portion of the file already is something I think would be cool to do

A:Is there a way to hook up microphone data with video data being ManyCam broadcasted?

Manycam not broadcast sound and you can't fix it , they not support sound , but i can give you solution i found program name SplitCam this software have same functions like manycam and little more . and its support sound split and mix and stream. i recommend it .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/is-there-a-way-to-hook-up-microphone-data-with-video-data-being-manycam-broadcasted-604295.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I need a spreadsheet that will match data in column A. Any time a specific work order number is entered/repeted in that column, and the numbers are entered under each shift, the totals will automatically subtract from the "orders to complete" . It will be a running total subtracting from the Orders to Complete column.wk order # Orders to Complete shift 1 shift 2 shift 3 shift 4 tot orders completed1234 200 10 10 20 30 70456 50 2 2 2 2 8987 500 10 0 0 0 10 1234 0 0 10 50 60987 20 20 20 20 80456 5 5 5 5 20

A:How to Match data, create formula&calculate if data matches

You didn't include any Column Letters or Row Numbers, so I am going to assume that your data looks like this:
A B C D E F
1 wk order # # of wk ordrs shift1 shift2 shift3 tot ordr cmplt
2 1234 200 10 10 20 40
3 456 100 2 2 2 6
4 987 550 20 50 41 111
5 456 20 10 40 70
6 987 10 10 10 30
7 1234 20 5 40 65Based on that table, enter this formula in G2 and drag it down:=B2-SUMIF($A$2:$A$7,A2,$F$2:$F$7)which should give you this:
A B C D E F G
1 wk order # # of wk ordrs shift1 shift2 shift3 tot ordr cmplt orders rem
2 1234 200 10 10 20 40 95
3 456 100 2 2 2 6 24
4 987 550 20 50 41 111 409
5 456 20 10 40 70
6 987 10 10 10 30
7 1234 20 5 40 65Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.message edited by DerbyDad03

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-to-match-data-create-formulacalculate-if-data-matches/19857.html
Relevancy 66.65%

In preparations for upgrading from Win to Win I want to make sure I don't lose any essential program data Most of my data files word processing graphics etc are not located on the C-drive where my OS is located so they aren't the issue However as I recall the last time I had to install an OS long time ago there were other files that were saved automatically by various programs that were located in the Windows folder or elsewhere on the C-drive that were generated by the etc.) C-Drive (app up fonts, Win10 - data, for backing Data Prep programs - profiles saves etc - including Application Data and other stuff needed by the programs and things like font files Some of them are pretty easy to locate and backup font files custom sounds etc but I'm always uncertain about whether or not I have all I need Is there some way to backup all of those kinds of files without simply backing up the whole C-drive including Windows then if I need them later going looking for them My computer is home built and the primary drive C-drive is a GM SSD Windows and a few of the programs I use a lot are located there for speed Other programs are located in a partition on a much larger traditional HD with data files on another partition of that drive Backup Prep for Win10 - backing up C-Drive Data (app data, fonts, etc.) will be to a TB drive on a server on my LAN Thanks Optiker

A:Prep for Win10 - backing up C-Drive Data (app data, fonts, etc.)

I still think it be easier to use Reflect that you can find in my sig as you can mount that image and find what you need after. Of course this is still an image of the the ssd. you could choose to take only the partition with windows on it though, if you do the whole drive you can come back from an upgrade snafoo.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/377185-prep-win10-backing-up-c-drive-data-app-data-fonts-etc.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Ok running windows xp home on a peer to peer network Have done avast antivirus and ad won't & Application open Blah! Data Outlook Folder Gone Data aware scans Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open Friday my computer locked up dang farmville I got impatient and did a hard reboot holding the power button down Quickbooks also was open When it rebooted it did the blue screen Stack rebuild thing Now MS Outlook can t open the data files and Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open the quickbooks data file also appears to have been corrupted An interesting thing - we have the carbonite internet backup service Unfortunately it seems to overwrite and not make any kind of incremental backups so once it s backed up that s the file you can restore I was hoping to try to find a file that had been backed up in the morning instead of right around the time I had the problem Anyway when I browse to look at the user documents and settings folder on the BACKUP it Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open shows the application data and local settings folders as normal On the computer those folders are now MISSING I uploaded a screen shot on our website http www domesticunity com tempfiles html sadly too big to attach Any idea of a simple way to fix this I looked online and Microsoft Outlook stores the data in personal pst - that file also appears to be missing Thanks nbsp

A:Blah! Application Data Folder Gone & Outlook Data won't open

Got it figured out.

Was able to restore a recent backup from the Carbonite service of my quickbooks file and only had to redo one day of entries.

Then did some more looking at Outlook threads on the net and first found out how to unhide hidden folders - the Application Data and Local Settings folders were hidden. Then found a thread about a scanpst.exe utility that repairs outlook data files.

Now it seems I'm back up and running!

Thanks for trying to help! Even tho no one had magic answers yet, I can see people cared and looked at my problems.

We are NOT alone! LOL

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blah-application-data-folder-gone-outlook-data-wont-open.994273/
Relevancy 66.65%

Howdy.

PROBLEM
I have user & desktop folders on two partitions (i.e. two separate sets of each). I want to change the default desktop and also the default partition selected when I save a file.

BACKGROUND
My ACER came with the disk divided into C: and D:, labeled as Acer and Data, respectively. All my programs and boot are in C; I want all my data in D: I want the desktop that appears when I boot up to default to the desktop in D and for the computer to default to D when I save files. (Currently the computer defaults to the desktop and save path in C.) I want the boot, OS, and apps to remain in C (unless someone advises differently). Disk Manager gives the following info:

C:Simple, basic, NTFS, healthy (system, boot, page file, active, crash dump, primary partition)
D: Simple, basic NTFS, healthy (primary partition)

SYSTEM
Vista Basic Home, 32-bit.

Thank you!

A:How make data partition default for desktop and filing data?

richc46 has just replied:

I think that this should help you saving to a default location
User Folders - Change Default Location - Windows 7 Forums (http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/18629-user-folders-change-default-location.html)
Works equally well with Vista

Thank you, RichC46.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284808-how-make-data-partition-default-desktop-filing-data.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I am a beginner with tablets and networking. This should be an easy answer.

I have a new tablet. TCL 9020A Android ver 5.0. This is thru At&t network LTE cellular data. My question is, can I use wifi to save on data usage? I have this tablet and Galaxy S5 that both have mobile hotspots available.

Do hotspots use more data? Is there an app available to reduce data usage while on the internet?
Is there any way to get cheaper wifi than paying for tons of data use?

I downloaded the TSG sysinfo utility but my at&t Trek HD would not let me open it. Please advise.

I love this site. I have learned a lot. Thank you.

A:new tablet on data plan want to use free wifi save data

Yes, if you use your own WiFi network or free WiFi hotspots, you won't be using your cellular data. You can connect to those in your wireless network settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-tablet-on-data-plan-want-to-use-free-wifi-save-data.1152577/
Relevancy 66.65%

University of Illinois engineers developed fiber-optic technology that can transmit data at a blazing-fast 57 gigabits per second, without errors

Feng?s group has been pushing VCSEL technology to higher speeds in recent years, and in 2014 was the first group in the U.S. to achieve error-free data transmission at 40 gigabits per second (denoted as Gbps). Now, in a series of conference papers, they report 57 Gbps error-free data transmission at room temperature, as well as 50 Gbps speeds at higher temperatures up to 85 degrees Celsius (185 degrees Fahrenheit).

Achieving high speeds at high temperatures is very difficult, Feng said, due to the nature of the materials used, which prefer lower temperatures. However, computing components grow warm over extended operation, as anyone who has worked on an increasingly heated laptop can attest.

https://news.illinois.edu/blog/view/6367/341965

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/45167-record-speed-data-transmission-could-make-big-data-more-accessible.html
Relevancy 66.65%

hi i have a scSi disk GB i [Hard header sql recovery] data Drive / extractors data lost information from it and tried to recover with other recovery softwares to no avail finally i got winhex amp got the professional licence i can now data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] be able to see all the information on the whole NTFS partition but the problem is that i data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery] can t be able to recover it when ever i open the logical drive i can see all the information and most of the information is stack up in a quot free space quot which is around gb which i can be able to see has all the information that i need i have tried to recover the free space but its only copied to the location that i specify and no recoveries are made recovering the files by type name has bore no fruits a freind told me i have to curve out that area and use data extractors to get the information out of that area freee space the information in that drive are sql data bases and zip files whats the header for sql what techniques do i use to curve out that space and be abele to extract the information for i can even read the information in text format which are the data extractors available in the market kindly assist its quite urgent i get this information out nbsp

A:data extractors / sql header [Hard Drive data recovery]

I don't know where this thread properly belongs -- but I suspect the question may be too esoteric for most here.

Since it involves data recovery from a hard drive I'm going to move it to Hardware, I think "all other software" is not likely to have anyone with this type of experience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-extractors-sql-header-hard-drive-data-recovery.438131/
Relevancy 66.65%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

Hi

Both are good programs and i would recommend purchasing both ( if you can afford ). Both has it's own pros and cons.
"GetDataBack" is good at virtual reconstruction of damage/unrecognizable file systems but i personally found it weak at recovering image files. It recovers images but most of them seems to be corrupted in my testings. Also you need to purchase seperate versions for FAT and NTFS ( GetDataBack simple is garbage ).

On the other hand, "Power data Recovery" works with both FAT and NTFS and it is better at recovering image files. Another proven tools is "R-Studio" which has quiet good reputation among DR professionals. It's user interface is not newbie friendly but has lot's of options which no other tools offers.

Data Recovery from an External Disk with a Damaged File System

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/367221-minitool-power-data-recovery-runtime-get-data-back.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Basically I have a situation where users are creating data tables in Microsoft Word using the creating table functionality, and are then resquesting that the data will be imported into a single Microsoft Database field.

Please could someone show me the best way of doing this!!!!!!

Cheers !!!

A:Importing Table Data Into Multiple Access Field Data?

Do you mean they're creating, say, a 3-row by 3-column table and then they want to import everything in that one table into a single field? a single record?

Out of curiosity, what happens if you copy and paste, perhaps with an intermediate step through Excel?

Also, is there a reason why your users cannot work directly in Access?

More details, please.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/importing-table-data-into-multiple-access-field-data.105573/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a spreadsheet that contains formulas. I want a macro that will copy the data only in that cell with the formula and paste only the data in another cell.

I have been scratching my head for a little bit on this one.

Thanks

A:Excel - copying data and pasting data in a formula cell

If I understand correctly, you can actually avoid using copy altogether.

Let's say you have the value 50 in A1 and the formula =A1*2 in A2. The following macro would copy A2 to D2:

Sub Macro1()
Selection.Copy
Range("D2").Select
ActiveSheet.Paste
End Sub

but because the formula uses relative references, the resultant formula (in D2) would be =D1*2.

So what you could do instead -- using a single command only -- is:

Range("D2").Value = Range("A2").Value

HTH,
bomb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/excel-copying-data-and-pasting-data-in-a-formula-cell.512540/
Relevancy 66.65%

I have an external data range importing data (Access DB via file DSN) into an Excel spreadsheet.
My problem is date/currency fields in Access do not format properly after refreshing. Most of the time the fields default to a general.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 66.65%

I want to back up my desktop Dell Win XP hard drive personal data to a Seagate FreeAgent Go 320GB external drive. I would like to know, When I backup data this time, will it overwrite the data from a previous file backup? Will it "append"(?) or add to(?) the first data backup or will I loose that data?

In other words, does the Seagate FreeAgent Backup overwrite the current data with the new data?

I tried many searches without results. (as well as different ways of asking the same question )
Thanks for your time.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1022 Mb
Graphics Card: RADEON X300 Series, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152578 MB, Free - 86032 MB; G: Total - 305242 MB, Free - 243478 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0U7077
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:Does Seagate FreeAgent 250gb overwrite the current data with the new data?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/does-seagate-freeagent-250gb-overwrite-the-current-data-with-the-new-data.1082016/
Relevancy 66.65%

Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which
one would you choose or which one did you choose? I want to purchase a serious data recovery program for personal business use.

A:Minitool Power Data Recovery or Runtime Get Data Back, which

you can try the trial of both products which give you a taste of what the programme is like  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573327/minitool-power-data-recovery-or-runtime-get-data-back-which/
Relevancy 66.65%

Twitter users should refrain from changing their log-in data until further notice or else risk getting locked out of their accounts.
Twitter is investigating instances of users who have lost access to their accounts after modifying their usernames, passwords or e-mail addresses, the microblogging company said on Tuesday.

Twitter: Don't change your log-in data until further notice

A:Twitter: Don't change your log-in data until further notice.

I promise I won't change it - as I don't twitter. i guess i'm not a good twiticen.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/254710-twitter-dont-change-your-log-data-until-further-notice.html
Relevancy 66.65%

So I'd like to dual boot XP and Vista to take Can change data? programs I save where advantage of DirectX However I would also like to keep full XP functionality and I might also end up adding Ubuntu to the mix but that's not really important I've read that the best way to do something like this is make a separate partition for each operating system and then make one larger one for storing everything The problem I see with this is that programs tend to use the OS partition to save things such as game saves registry data etc Would there be any way to get around something like this and retain access Can I change where programs save data? to programs between both OSes I doubt that simply changing the installation directory would help much Programs I'd like to run between both XP and Vista include games such as Crysis everyday apps such as Microsoft Office and Daemon Tools and modification apps such as RivaTuner I also want to run things like NOD and WindowBlinds which I think would have problems unless I installed them separately within each OS Is this at all possible to do If anyone could give me any information I'd greatly appreciate it Thanks in advance

A:Can I change where programs save data?

Most of the programs you have listed there would require specific Registry entries, so would need to be installed on each Operating system.

If you do want to install multiple Operating Systems, then partitioning will work just as well as adding a ne whard drive. Be sure to check the file structure you're using (FAT32/NTFS etc) as they are not always compatible if you want to vie wfiles from both linux and Windows.

As far as your games go, you could probably save your games on a common partition - but the option will be within the game itself, so every game will be different.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-i-change-where-programs-save-data-260632.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Is there a way to change icons of all live data folders so that all of them would have a icon that i choose which doesn't have a two layer icon with a back and front but only a simple icon.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/169226-change-all-live-data-folders.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I have a friend who thought deleting some stuff from the windows folder was a good idea. So now the computer wont boot in any mode. A windows repair also just hangs on 'Saving Configuration'. I would like to just back up the data and do a full reinstall of Windows. But when I connect it to anther computer and go into the drive to copy the data, im getting access denied errors. It wont let me go into the user accounts data. I tried on a W7 machine as well as XP.

Any way to change permissions on this data to access it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-permissions-on-external-data.956439/
Relevancy 66.65%

the last two cdr's that I burned with nero would only open the first time as data, after that the burned cdr's show up as audio cdr's in my computer and will not open. There is no audio on these cdr's only data..I have had nero for a couple of years and this has never happened to me before. How can I get my data..Iso buster won't even work. Thanks

A:burned cdr's change from data to audio?

i dont think u can retrieve data from the cd. it seems the table of contents on the cd is damaged, maybe due to scratches or dye deterioration. thats why explorer is seeing it as audio tracks and not solid data. ur only hope is Isobuster, but even in that, u cant retrieve the whole data if the cd sectors r damaged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/burned-cdrs-change-from-data-to-audio.305029/
Relevancy 66.65%

I used to be able to change all the tag data on ny of the sound files on my system (like music files etc), but for some odd reason, it's suddenly not letting me do this. I have to do it through winamp instead of just right-clicking.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

A:Sound Files - Cannot Change Tag Data

Hi...

Please try the following:

- Click Start -> Run -> type:

regsvr32 shmedia.dll

- Click OK

Restart your pc and try changing the tags then :-)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sound-files-cannot-change-tag-data-100218.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi I have a Access database Form that opens returning Change data table containing data from one table and when Change data returning table clicking a button i wish it to transfer the forms text box information into another form for the reason being that i wish to delete the original information quot session quot table where all the current data is and make a copy of it into another table quot Session CLX quot table for it to be archived How do I change the current database in VBA code i hope you can help Colin a sample of my inheritted code is as below - ------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub btnDelete Click Dim dbs As Database qdf As QueryDef rst As Recordset Return reference Change data returning table to current database Set dbs CurrentDb Create new query Set qdf dbs CreateQueryDef quot quot Construct SQL statement including parameters qdf SQL quot PARAMETERS simcode TEXT quot amp quot start date DATETIME end date DATETIME quot amp quot session type STRING customer code STRING quot amp quot checkee STRING checker STRING prog code STRING quot amp quot simconfig STRING simfmc STRING updated date STRING Instructor STRING quot amp quot INSERT into session last simulator code session start session type quot amp quot customer code session end quot amp quot checker name checkee name quot amp quot program code sim fmc sim config updated date priv fee sim motion type Instructor Case CLX Date CLX UserName CLX Authority CLX Reason values simcode start date quot amp quot session type customer code end date quot amp quot checker quot amp quot checkee prog code quot amp quot simfmc simconfig updated date priv fee sim motion type Instructor Case CLX Date CLX UserName CLX Authority CLX Reason quot qdf Parameters quot simcode quot simulatorCode qdf Parameters quot start date quot txtStartDate amp quot quot amp txtStartTime qdf Parameters quot end date quot txtEndDate amp quot quot amp txtEndTime qdf Parameters quot session type quot cboSessionType qdf Parameters quot customer code quot cboCustomerCode qdf Parameters quot checkee quot txtUsercreate qdf Parameters quot checker quot txtSpecialDetails qdf Parameters quot prog code quot cboProgramCode qdf Parameters quot simconfig quot cboSimConfig qdf Parameters quot simfmc quot cboFmc Load qdf Parameters quot Instructor quot cboInstructor qdf Parameters quot updated date quot txtcreatedate qdf Parameters quot priv fee quot txtPrivFee qdf Parameters quot sim motion type quot cboSimMotionType qdf Parameters quot Case quot cboCase qdf Parameters quot CLX UserName quot txtEmployee qdf Parameters quot CLX Date quot txtCLXDate qdf Parameters quot CLX Authority quot txtCLXAuthority qdf Parameters quot CLX Reason quot txtCLXReason Run select query and populate Debug Print quot about to execute the update quot qdf Execute Set dbs Nothing End Sub -------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------- nbsp

A:Change data returning table

Can I ask why you are going down this route rather just having an "Archive" tick box in the Original Table, you can then Filter the Records to only show unticked records and only ticked records for archived data?
As you are using VBA why not do the update directly using Recordsets rather than SQL?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-data-returning-table.695083/
Relevancy 66.22%

i get " data is invalid " whenever i try to install devices like drives or usb phones etc . device manager lists the items but cannot install . what do i do to solve this . cheers peterlakey .

A:data is invalid message - help please !

Backup registry before operations(see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756)

Load the regedit.exe program by going to the Start Menu and selecting ‘Run’. Enter regedit.exein the text box. Click the ‘OK’ button.
2. In the registry there is a folder called PCI located at:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\
3. Inside there are folders that look something like this:VEN_14F1&DEV_1053&SUBSYS_1047144F&REV_08
4. Each of these folders represent a PCI device located on your motherboard. By default youradministrative privileges DO NOT give you "Full Control" over these keys in Windows XP, only"Read" permissions arein place.
5. Search through all of these "VEN..." folders and look for a key inside each folder labelled"DeviceDesc". This key indicates what the device actually is.
6. Right click on the folder that contains the DeviceDesc key value of "(your drive)" andselect “Permissions”.(in 'Edit' menu)
7. Click Full Control - Allow.
8. Close all programs and restart the computer. Now that you have full control of that PCI folder,reinstall the driver. It should now install correctly.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-is-invalid-message-help-please-306069.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I am having the same error messages as reported in this thread http forums techguy org windows-xp -error-message-app-data-when html but I have no quot nProtect GameGuard Service npggsvc quot running - no key called quot npggsvc quot appears in my registry see solution at the end of above thread I have found a workaround by installing a vbs script which kills the error message window every time it appears I ll post the script here if anyone asks but it would be good getting am Error (App Data). Why this? I Message to know what is bringing up these error windows in the first place if anyone has any ideas My HijackThis log is below Thanks Martin Error Message (App Data). Why am I getting this? ---------------------- Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Error Message (App Data). Why am I getting this? Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Norton Ghost Agent VProSvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio DellXPM v WDM STacSV exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C Program Files Dell Dell Webcam Manager DellWMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager lcdmon exe C Program Files D D exe C WINDOWS OEM Mon exe C PROGRA WINPAT winpatrol exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Switch Off swoff exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files MailWasher Pro MailWasher exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager Applets LCDPOP exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech LCD Manager Applets LCDMedia exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files EditPadLite EditPadLite exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk ig R - URLSearchHook AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar BHO - A BC A - F - -AA - D C - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - CCC A -B CA- -B A - F DD - C Program Files AVG AVG Toolbar IEToolbar dll O - Toolbar Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp ProgramFil... Read more

Relevancy 66.22%

Hi,
on a no-problem notebook of a Relative, win ran an update last night at 4 and came up with this:
Most App-Links are gone, Apps still there.
But Firefox, Outlook and others seem completely reset as if freshly installed, no accounts set f.e.
Win demands hardware driver installation for Wifi.
And a bunch of personal files on the Desktop are gone.

Please point me to the right direction before i start to act there.
thx

A:Update nightmare - reset Apps, lost Data after automatic update

Same thing happened to one of my relatives yesterday! I suggested we did a restart before we tried anything else and on restarting the apps all reappeared and her desktop came back as she remembered it.

This might be the first thing to try and it might sort itself out.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33422-update-nightmare-reset-apps-lost-data-after-automatic-update.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Good Day Everyone I am using Excel Mac As I hope the example below shows I am trying to data without data moving previous overwriting forward take data numbers from cells such as A G and then moving that row of data to another location lets say A G this process may occur to times a day and I don t want to overwrite the previous cells of data rather I want to move new data to the next row as in A G to A G to A G and so on Ultimately at the end of a day I could potentially view rows of data - to be analyzed without overwriting any of the previous rows of data If possible I do not want to work in VB if possible is there a way to work within the basic options of Excel itself I can move the data from A G to A G and to A G but I keep overwriting previous rows of data I have tried advancing the data from one cell A let s say to A by using A which does not work I moving data forward without overwriting previous data have tried moving data forward without overwriting previous data using if statements such that if if A lt gt A A and similar but I keep getting circular errors I have tried using if statements to reference cell A from as an example from A but that does not work I don t know how to tell excel that if there is data in a cell such as A then to place the data into the next cell - which would be A OR better yet how to tell excel that if there is data in A or A or A - then place that data into the NEXT cell Sorry to be so stupid but I m really new to anything related to programming but I am learning If anyone could help I would be appreciative Thanks everyone J please see below lt - Data input on these cells original data input here A G lt - copy data to another set of cells to view for another application A G lt - set I do not want to overwrite the numbers A G lt - set A G lt - set A G lt - Perhaps there could be lt - to sets and so on down the page lt - of numbers It s possible that there could be rows lines of data which I need to be able to view nbsp

A:moving data forward without overwriting previous data

This would not be possible without using vba.
The reason for this is that if you used a formula, the formula stays there rather than the value it shows, and as soon as the inputs to the formula change, so does its output value.
That is, as soon as you change A1, A11, A12, etc would all change to the same thing.

The VBA you'd need looks like this.

Code:

Rem First, we need to find an empty row. This variable will hold the index of the row we want to check next.
Dim rowCounter
Rem Start just before the first row we want to check. I'm starting with row 7, so I'm using 6 here.
rowCounter = 6
Rem From here to Loop will be repeated until we find what we're after.
Do
Rem try the next row
rowCounter = rowCounter + 1
Rem check whether the first cell in this row is empty.
Loop Until IsEmpty(Cells(rowCounter, 1))
Rem rowCounter now holds the index of the first empty row.

Rem copy the values from the first three cells of the first row to the third row.
Range("A1:G1").Copy Cells(rowCounter, 1)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moving-data-forward-without-overwriting-previous-data.1140601/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have done this a hundred times or more, What am I doing wrong. I was showing a friend how to burn some data onto a cd. she had a word document and followed my directions and it got burned on fine. I told her how if she wanted to add some info or deleted something from it she could just pull it up and make the changes and then click the red X in the right hand corner and would ask her if she wanted to save the changes I told her to click yes and it would save them and that was that. However, it keeps coming back that it cannot save the changes cause it is read only. If you right click on it > properties> it says read only and won't let you change it, I always use to change the data I burnt. What am I doing different? Please help

A:Solved: Windows XP SP1-Burning data to a cd, try to add some data and it says read only--hel

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-xp-sp1-burning-data-to-a-cd-try-to-add-some-data-and-it-says-read-only-hel.435223/
Relevancy 66.22%

A friend of mine had his laptop crashed, and the data on his hard drive was transferred to an external hard disk. He told me that he had some missing files before the machine crashed that he wanted to retrieve (i.e. deleted or erased by format). Is there a way to retrieve such files? If in the original hard disk, I know that there are some solutions for retrieving deleted files for instance. But, once transferred, can this also be done? Are they hidden somewhere on the external hard disk?

Thanks.

A:Retrieving data after machine crashes and data is transferred

If the files were deleted on the original then they would not have been transferred to the external drive. You can only retrieve deleted files from the original drive. You would need to get the laptop's hard drive and do a data recovery on it. There's tons of free software for that. However if the laptop's hard drive was reformatted then the chances of getting the data back are very slim to none.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/retrieving-data-after-machine-crashes-and-data-is-transferred.1122048/
Relevancy 66.22%

I booted up my Win 7 computer today and ChkDsk said my Ex HDD may have been corrupted and proceeded to delete some files. Those were some very important files - how can I get them back? (Video and Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 files)

I prefer free methods on this - I know I can buy software to do this, but I currently don't have the money. Or a very cheap method, if nothing else.

It's ironic that today was the day I was going to back up this drive.

Please help!

A:External HDD data recovery - Chkdsk erased some data!!

"How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK ? Raymond.CC Blog"
How To Recover CHK Files Created by CHKDSK and SCANDISK

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/22300-external-hdd-data-recovery-chkdsk-erased-some-data.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am trying to count data in columns in a workbook The main sheet looks to tabs in the workbook for populating data to the main sheet The cells in the tabs may or may not contain data based on situation I am using the ISBLANK formula IF ISBLANK Sanger I quot quot Sanger I to look for data in the tabs of the workbook I do not want the blank cells to place default data in the main sheet When I use COUNTA to count the cells populated with data on the main sheet I get incorrect results It counts everything the eliminating in Trying count data cols data blank to cells with real data and the cells that are quot empty quot When I use COUNTIF I Trying to count data in cols eliminating blank data I quot gt quot quot quot trying to eliminate the cells that were populated with quot quot the results are not correct The sheet is times larger than the attached sample tracking results of a CoB Call Tree Due to the increasing size it is becoming more unmanageable trying to fix the Trying to count data in cols eliminating blank data errors I need help with a formula to count the real entries in the columns eliminating the cells that have no information I have searched through this forum not finding Trying to count data in cols eliminating blank data any good examples for a solution I am attaching a sample of the spreadsheet I have placed noted in some cells below the TOTALS line I am using Microsoft Office Professional Excel SP Operating system - Windows XP Professional SP nbsp

A:Trying to count data in cols eliminating blank data

Just to start, in J28 of the "Entire..." sheet, change CountA to Count. But the data in Bellave's sheet is entered as 7:15pm, which is read as text - just needs a space to make it convert to 7:15 PM, and then the count in J28 becomes 3 (it was 2 prior to adding the space).
In K28 of the "Entire..." sheet, change the COUNTIF to COUNT also.
Finally, make the same change to COUNT in I28 of the "Entire..." sheet.
If you do this, you end up with totals of 13, 3 and 3 in the 3 cells you have highlighted in red. I think that is correct.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-count-data-in-cols-eliminating-blank-data.577060/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys I have a slight problem after my first data scraping session Basically I have around k of lines and around k quot www domain com username quot urls that are in this text file However the only part I need is the url and everything else is redundant The URL is dynamic so it s different username everytime as well as on a random line rather then continuous every lines or so Is there a software out there or maybe a notepad sublime algorythim that takes out all the data or simply extracts the data I want Here is what it looks like Code http www youtube com watch v RiVKDn kyfo Landon Austin - Armor - Official Music Video Download on iTunes - lt a href quot http goo gl aaIY E quot target quot blank quot title quot http goo gl except URL Removing data scraping help) from file text (data specified aaIY Removing data from text file except specified URL (data scraping help) E quot rel quot nofollow quot dir quot ltr quot class quot yt-uix-redirect-link quot gt http goo gl aaIY E lt a gt Download on Amazon http www youtube com watch v z KJ I j s Download on iTunes For more information smtown hompage lt a href quot http www smtown com quot target quot blank quot title quot http www smtown com quot rel quot nofollow Removing data from text file except specified URL (data scraping help) quot dir quot ltr quot class quot yt-uix-redirect-link quot gt http www smtown com lt a gt smtown EXO-K http www youtube com watch v oJrdLhXlE Watch the official music video by Kerbera for their hit single amp quot Counterpoints For more information on Kerbera check them out on http www youtube com watch v B hGd EfSwM Just a little video I put together cuz I was bored as hell Trying to brush up my skills Video is scenes from the movie and music http www youtube com watch v qOaqiCBum w it All Honest Final Exam Version Music Video Like the video Facebook lt a href quot https www domain com Leendadproductions quot target quot blank quot title quot https www domain com Leendadproductions quot rel quot nofollow quot dir quot ltr quot class quot yt-uix-redirect-link quot gt https www domain com Leendadproductions lt a gt http www youtube com watch v AT WU- Py I Music video for the song amp quot Pink Print amp quot by Antillectual taken from the Removing data from text file except specified URL (data scraping help) album amp quot Perspectives amp Objectives amp quot Order the album at http www youtube com watch v tmDMiUDm rY From amp quot International amp quot available June th on Sacred Bones Records Directed by Cali Thornhill Dewitt Shot and Edited by I am using a Youtube scraper to get description from specific videos music covers and the descriptions have urls that I require for instance let say Soundcloud Now the Scrapper pulls in the WHOLE description however all I need is the Soundcloud link nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/removing-data-from-text-file-except-specified-url-data-scraping-help.201716/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an HP Windows Vista Computer and just bought the verizon jetpack: wireless internet that you can connect your devices to. My computer connects to the jetpack but not to the internet. I talked to a verizon tech guy and he said that data is going through from the jetpack to the computer but no data is being sent out. He said it could be a firewall or something that is preventing it but I don't know my way around computers enough to find what could be stopping it. Please help!

A:Desktop is connected to internet and data is coming in but no data is going through

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/desktop-is-connected-to-internet-and-data-is-coming-in-but-no-data-is-going-through.1064364/
Relevancy 66.22%

I built a form called PO Log that contains input text boxes that the user can enter the different iputs that will add an existing row to the worksheet called PO log I have the add function working perfectly But I want to add a function to the form that if the record data already add Excel form or that updates data new current VBA: data exist using the PO number as an identifier to udate the existing record data rather than adding a completely new row of record data Here is the code I have below for the adding function Code Private Sub cmdAdd Click Dim iRow As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws Worksheets quot PO log quot 'find first empty row in VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data database iRow ws Cells Rows Count End xlUp Offset Row VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data 'check for a part number If Trim Me txtVendor Value quot quot Then Me txtVendor SetFocus MsgBox quot Please enter a Order Info quot Exit Sub End If 'copy the data to the database ws Cells iRow Value Me txtVendor Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtPONumber VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtPurReqDate Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtRFQSent Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtSentToVen Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtDateOfPo Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtOrderConf Value ws Cells iRow Value Me txtAmt Value 'clear the data Me txtVendor Value quot quot Me txtPONumber Value quot quot Me txtPurReqDate Value quot quot Me txtRFQSent Value quot quot Me txtSentToVen Value quot quot Me txtDateOfPo Value quot quot Me txtOrderConf Value quot quot Me txtAmt Value quot quot Me txtVendor SetFocus End Sub Private Sub cmdClose Click Unload Me End Sub nbsp

A:VBA: Excel form that updates current data or add new data

Closing duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vba-excel-form-that-updates-current-data-or-add-new-data.911783/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a table like this in my database.

CategoryID------ParentID-------Categorů
1---------------------Null-------------Sports
2---------------------1-----------------Cricket
3---------------------2-----------------T20
4---------------------2-----------------ODI
5---------------------1-----------------Tennis
6---------------------5-----------------Singles
Now i want to retrieve whole table data and display the data in the form of Tree View. I tried to represent the data using "Tree" Data Structure in Java. After that i tried to convert the data into JSON Object by using GSON library. I am not able to produce the Json Tree data. I am facing so many problems. Can anyone please explain me how to convert the Data available in that table to Json tree Data. If json data is ready i can use alloy ui tree javascript to display the tree view in my Jsp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-the-data-from-database-and-showing-data-using-tree-view.1073601/
Relevancy 66.22%

i have lost my tally recovery data wheni pasted from pendrive tally data to computer tally.it was replaced

A:tally recovery data how i recover my replace data from my pc

Recover your data in Tally - Some Tips & Tricks to Recover Tally Datahttp://www.apnitally.com/2006/09/re...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/tally-recovery-data-how-i-recover-my-replace-data-from-my-pc/2147.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Just clean installed Win on its own partition and installed Outlook Outlook worked fine when I set it up and its data files were on C Since my to location data file outlook change how data files are on a different partition M I changed quot Documents quot quot Music quot and etc to the M partition After when I opened Outlook a window opened and let me change the drive letters from C to M the problem is that now I get an error x F quot Outlook data file cannot be accessed how to change outlook data file location quot when I open Outlook I can not figure out a way to find the window again that allows me to set the Data File Location I read somewhere that it is best to leave it on C but I can't find a way to do that My internet service is how to change outlook data file location Sympatico and they can't help me - told me to uninstall Outlook and re-install it but I don't see how that will help Any one else run into this problem

A:how to change outlook data file location

Can someone point me in a direction where I might get some help. I tried Outlook books but no help. I can't seem to find an Microsoft site that would be helpful. I need to get it running ASAP.

Thank You

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/112840-how-change-outlook-data-file-location.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Dear all,

I am attaching my DB.

The problem I'm facing is that in the Course_Details table, the first record in the Course_ID field keeps changing it's data without any reason.

Hence, it affects the combo box in the forms when I click on the Course details, course & cost report button on the switchboard.

Qns: What's the reason for the auto change of data in the table?

Thanks a lot!

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello for everyone!

Recently I used an LCD television, connected via HDMI, and I bought a new full HD monitor connecter via D-SUB interface.

After I connected my new monitor, my desktop icons halved, and a lot of application reseted to default. So I cannot view my saved mails with Windows Live, and in my user directory I can see an another desktop folder, which contains my original Desktop files.

Every game lost its memory, I cannot load achievements, etc....

Can someone help me, how can I restore my profile?

Thank you in advance!

A:User data dissappeared due to monitor change.

Hi there, welcome to the forums

Am sorry to hear that you have this problem, especially because I have never even heard of it, did a BSOD occur? A memory issue? Maybe am barking up the wrong tree, but its quite odd.

A simple question, have you tried a system restore?

It may restore you saved games and what not, it wont affect your user files as in your 'documents' and 'pictures' library. So if you can restore your system files as in saved games. Maybe you could just copy your other files back over.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/282545-user-data-dissappeared-due-monitor-change.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Dear Community,

I had to have remote access assistance regarding my Antivirus software.

I had them delete my back up files and then create a new folder.

I have noticed that my external hard drive has changed with data size. Would this possibly be the reason behind the change in how much data is left to use.

I am due to do a clean disk and install tomorrow as I have been really, really ill.

Thanks to everyone that has been patient.

I put the data on the current F: which has 626 GB Free.

Just a simple question

A:Change of size of data in folder - After issue

I am so sorry if I have caused anyone any hassle by posting this issue. I will close it if it is not related to the forum result.

Thank you for all the assistance that you have provided so far

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/278179-change-size-data-folder-after-issue.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello,

Is it possible to run a simple macro from a user changing the data validated drop down selection?

LDP Analyst

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a five year old e-machine that started to displays this message on start up.
'verifying dmi data pool data. Not from cd'
To get beyond this I have to do an Alt/Ctrl/Del. then the computer starts and runs just fine. Also, this seems to be an intermittent problem.
I am using XP SP3
Any ideas? Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-dmi-data-pool-309285.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I do not have a recovery disk for my laptop and frontier told me to just load this file on a flash drive to fix it, but then I have also been told without a systems disk I won't be able to fix it

A:nls data missing or corrupt message

If your system comes with a recovery partition you may not need a disc, otherwise, yes, you will need to buy a recovery disc.

You can try this by pressing F8 a few times, when your system is booting (before Windows logo), and see if the option "Repair your computer" exists.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/nls-data-missing-or-corrupt-message-741601.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I bet you ve gotten this question before I have an ABIT motherboard with a x bit AMD processor GB s of RAM and a MB NVidia graphics card I am running Windows Vista Basic x I just reformatted for the umpteenth time I like to get message! Pool Data DMI Verifying things perfect but I keep getting this quot Verifying DMI Verifying DMI Pool Data message! Pool Data quot message during boot-up It hangs for about seconds A couple of reformats ago it kept doing it for awhile but eventually it said quot Update Success quot and I never saw it again In another post that s fairly recent I documented some of the troubles I was having with what I think is the motherboard and I talked about my steps to eliminate this message One thing I did was replace the CMOS battery That didn t do any good I ve also cleared the CMOS battery many times only to see it go away and return again So is this a hardware issue or a software issue If it s hardware no big deal I am replacing the motherboard with a nice ASUS soon I can t see where it s a operating system issue because I m still getting it after fresh reformats I look forward to your comments nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/verifying-dmi-pool-data-message.707176/
Relevancy 65.36%

MBR's seem to hava a haunting mystique about them all I want to know is how to make the former Win rc beta system disk become a simple data disk ie reformat wipe clean set to unallocated Background a Disk gb SATA current system installed with official GA release Win Ultimate from ie Data aagh! clea zap - Change HD wipe, to System on one single disk with single NTFS partition C Healthy System Boot Page File Active Crash Dump Primary Partition All works reasonably well eg hotswapping DATA disks etc but slower than January beta or later RC b Re-booted with just C then once Windows running added hot-swapped in old system disk - Disk gb SATA OLD system installed with the following NTFS partitions H mb Healthy Primary Partition System Reserved G gb NTFS Healthy Primary Partition D gb NTFS Healthy Active Primary Partition aagh! Change HD from System to Data - ie wipe, zap clea I'd be grateful for the simple commands to wipe Disk - H G and D eg diskpart fixmbr etc MSDN Technet guidance borders on the impenetrable I've also checked Sevenforums Tutorials - they also seem to focus on restore repair - all I want is to have a clean data disk Thanks

A:aagh! Change HD from System to Data - ie wipe, zap clea

Can you delete the partitions and format the drive to NTFS using disk management?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/32921-aagh-change-hd-system-data-ie-wipe-zap-clea.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everybody I am new to this forum I have a very basic knowledge of VBA So please bare with me I am designing a and an VBA it to data Solved: change To retrieve file excel from using tool to effectively schedule the surgeries I have an excel file in which if I click click here to schedule a surgery button then a userform will open In that userform date will be chosen and the number of nurses required for a surgery is entered I have another excel file in which the maximum number of nurses for a day is already saved Input file for of nurses xls What I need is for eg If the maximum number of nurses available for a day is only then if I try to schedule more than nurses for a particular day for eg one surgery may require nurses Solved: To retrieve data from an excel file and to change it using VBA another may require and the third may require at a same time but different operating rooms then a message box should Solved: To retrieve data from an excel file and to change it using VBA open saying there is no enough of nurses available on the chosen date I have attached a sample file along with the additional excel files Thanks Bharath nbsp

A:Solved: To retrieve data from an excel file and to change it using VBA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-to-retrieve-data-from-an-excel-file-and-to-change-it-using-vba.851527/
Relevancy 65.36%

So the problem is had a virus called the system check virus and started going through the manual process of getting rid of it. One part of it is making hidden folders, etc accessible and then renaming the virus files so it doesnt recognise them and they stop running. While in there i accidentally changed two of the folders names which had alot of characters so i mistook it for one of the virus files.
I've since learned these are windows folders and needed. was hoping someone could post a screenshot or something showing what these folders are meant to be called so i can change them back.
I know it was a stupid move but any help would be appreiciated... Thanks (hopefully this makes sense)

A:Renamed folders in application data, need to change them back

You must tell us the names of a few files inside or send screen shots of the open folders to see what files are there.

Only after that one would be able to know the names of the Folders in which these files are located in another computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/214439-renamed-folders-application-data-need-change-them-back.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Change PowerPoint shape based on data in Excel. I need to change the color of a specific unique shape on a specific slide in PowerPoint presentation using data obtained from Excel.

issues are:
1. how to select the slide I want
2. how to select the unique shape object I want
3. how to use the data in Excel to change the color of that one particular shape object, not all the shapes of that type.

example is I use the numbers (1, 2, 3, 4) stored in Excel and when the number changes the color of the associated oval in PowerPoint is changed.

A:Change PowerPoint shape based on data in Excel

If you have a powerpoint presentation I imagine the shape you mention is an imbedded shape and linked to Excel, well, then you don't need to know which slide and the unique object, you let Execl do that and the imbedded shape will change when Excel is changed and refreshed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/change-powerpoint-shape-based-on-data-in-excel.1007659/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi In the next couple days I will be installing an Asrock Z OC formula with an Intel Core i K processor I have a lot of major user change How hardware data before backup to programs that have user data How to backup user data before major hardware change that I don't want to lose What is the best way to go about doing this I already have movies books and music on external hard drives but want to backup the program profiles associated with them I've only had one user profile quot Admin quot Locks on other user profiles but was finally able to locate it with this command userprofile AppData Do I copy the whole folder ie Mozilla Thunderbird and place on an external hard drive and then transfer back after the new install or only part of the folder Another example is Newsbin that I How to backup user data before major hardware change use to download from newsgroups and it has my server info all the newsgroup headers that I've subscribed to So would I backup the whole folder Any advice would be greatly appreciated to save as much data as I can for important programs Thanks Ken

A:How to backup user data before major hardware change

I know that with Firefox and Thunderbird, it really is just as simple as putting the contents of the user folder in a safe place. I learned this by having the same desire that you have, so I began Googling things like "How to backup Firefox" (and other programs) and I eventually had most of them figured out thanks to that.

For Firefox (and it works in a nearly identical way for Thunderbird), you need to copy the contents of the user folder that has the randomly generated name. For example, mine is 6k60u6q3.default. Yours will have a similar name (random string followed by ".default"). Copy/paste the contents of this folder to a safe place. After the fresh installation of Windows and after installing Firefox, close Firefox and find the new 'randomstring.default' folder and copy/paste the files into this folder. Open Firefox and it will be just like you never left - with one exception: your Plugins. I'm talking about Flash, Shockwave, Java, QuickTime, Adobe Acrobat, etc. Your extensions and themes will remain intact.

Do the same for Thunderbird (although, it's been a couple of years since I last used it).

Regarding other programs, check for built-in backup features (or Export options).

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/278057-how-backup-user-data-before-major-hardware-change.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

I would like to change the sign (from (-) to (+) and from (+) to (-)) in my data. It looks like on the image. I would like to change the sign of columns B, E and H. Any idea how would I do it ? I was trying to find some function in Excel but without results.

Regards,

A:Solved: Change values sign of Excel data

mulitiply all the values by -1
All negative values will become positive and v.v.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-change-values-sign-of-excel-data.919531/
Relevancy 64.93%

When I start up my computer, I get a message at the log in screen that reads:
 The Configuration data for this product is corrupt. Contact your support personnel. Then it won't allow me to do anything from there.
I don't know much about computers but I have tried to manually repair the boot configuration data but that didn't work. Could anyone please help me with this!! Thanks

A:Configuration Data Corrupt Message on Welcome Screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

What is the make and model of this computer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532072/configuration-data-corrupt-message-on-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 64.93%

I get a DEP error message everytime I log into Windows. It won't let any programs open up and I can't really do anything on the computer. All I can do now is run my computer in safe mode.

What do I do?

Relevancy 64.93%

My office PC is working on Windows XP Professional. For the last week or so while switching on the PC in the morning, I am getting an DEP error message as" To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program
Window Explorer". I understand DEP, but I don't know how to get rid of this error message. I contacted vendor HP. They are advising to reinstall the OS. I am not convinced. Is there any workaround withoutaffecting my data?If it is required I can give the error signature.

A:Data Execution Prevention Error Message

The error message is helpful. Also go to the Event Viewer and under System and Application look for a Red X that will tell you what the driver or system file is that is causing the error.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/data-execution-prevention-error-message-406557.html
Relevancy 64.93%

This is driving me crazy, could someone please help me. Everytime I turn on my PC and log in, I am met with about 7 or 8 error messages. All of them are the same and they say the following.

Data Execution Prevention - Microsoft Windows

To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program.

Name: Generic Host Process for Win32 Services
Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

What on earth do I have to do to stop these errors ?

Please help.

A:Data Execution Prevention Error Message

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875351/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-execution-prevention-error-message.491744/
Relevancy 64.93%

We have a laptop that will not startup - lights appear when trying but nothing happens We need to get data back off it I removed harddrive from laptop and connected drive to PC USB with USB to Sata Drive Cable setup It will not register in Windows Explorer However when get Disk message Unknown back data to trying - I go to Disk Management Unknown Disk message - trying to get data back it seems to see something It says there is a quot Disk Unknown of GB quot and quot Not Initalized quot In detail for that drive it says quot GB Unallocated quot It also displays a message when I fist enter Disk Management that says quot You must Initialize a disk before Logical Disk Manager can access it quot It offers initialization in either MBR or GPT partition style The harddrive is stamped as a HGST of GB capacity Listening closely it seems to be spinning When it started up I did hear some other sounds but not a lot and it was very soft in all sounds - I had to listen very carefully to hear anything And have not really listed to a drive before to see what sounds it should make Also I have not opened it I am running Windows on the PC and the laptop was running Windows I have not initialized it as I assume it will wipe re-format disk when I am trying to retrieve the data on it Is it just the case of a drive letter conflict or is the drive just had it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unknown-disk-message-trying-to-get-data-back.1164786/
Relevancy 64.93%

when backing up my quicken 2001 deluxe to a Sony cdrw, I get te dreaded blue screen that says PTUDF(01) + 0000D42D ERROR OE:0028:C008E83D. This has only started happening since I upgraded my OS to Millenium......Can anyone help?

Thanks!

A:Eror message when backing up data to CDRW

Did you look for a software update for winme for your burning software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/eror-message-when-backing-up-data-to-cdrw.55154/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi I have experienced the quot blue screen quot crash on my bit Windows laptop several times during the last seven to ten days To address this I took the following steps before I got stuck I ran selective startup I then ran system file checker Error received was - found no integrity violations Then I couldn t figure out how to continue and decided to come to techguy org Found a similar forum and ran MSG diagnostic and the results are found message dump Blue Screen data - below Blue Screen - data dump message In advance thank you for your assistance Scott Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -QRRFX-KH Y -BD F Windows Product Blue Screen - data dump message Key Hash Thg do czzhCorKVxvAt qazgg Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type COA SLP Windows OS version ID ABAE F - B- - E F-A A B B EB Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics B D AA B- - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser c program files x google chrome application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt ABAE F - B- - E F-A A B B EB lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -BD F lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Acer lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Aspire lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Phoenix Technologies LTD lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt V lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt ACRSYS lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt ACRPRDCT lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM COA SLP channel Activation ID e a a-f f - -b bd-ba e a d f Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key BD F License Status Licensed Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time AM Window... Read more

A:Blue Screen - data dump message

Without getting overly technical, Nirsoft has a free Blue Screen tool you can get from here:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
It might point you in the right direction.
Regards
The Cleaver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-data-dump-message.1128749/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have tried creating a data access page several different ways, but am unable to add, edit, or delete my data. I can view it. I've even started from a new database with one table, but am still unable to edit or add data. I've checked the properties of which appear to be fine. Has anyone else had this trouble? I'm using Access 2003.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-entry-via-data-access-pages.303704/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi all,
can someone please tell me how i can get a data bound text box onto my data reports? I can only insert RptLables and RpttextBoxes onto my report.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vb6-data-bound-text-box-on-a-data-report.645230/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Please do not post duplicates. With patience, you should get a reply to your post within 24 hours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594610/
Relevancy 64.93%

HI Iwould want to propose a backup solution for one my clients i e Veritus to be able to backup all their data on the network realtime or any other solution available in the market They recently had their data stolen Physical theft of drive s and their client contacts database compromised they suspect rival companies did it And i would like to integrate the solution Backup with will be installed on the network with an encription solution that can be able to encript the backup done and is taken off site and the existing data on the server s to ensure that even if the same happens again and the drives are physically stollen again the infromation on the drives is useless to the one who steal it if Encription On Backup Data Server Of Data And The they Data Backup And Encription Of Data On The Server cant decript it And the internal data is proteced from unauthorised access even from other users in the network So this is where data that has been backed up from the network is collected in the backup server and all this information can be collectively encriped and stored off shore and also the information existing the other servers SQL Exchange etc is protected and if the drives are stollen then they are still useless to the theives what do i go for and will it integrate with veritus or any other backup solution what is the price and the technical appplication of the solution and its feasibility kindly get in touch with me as soon as you can i have to do it in the morning tomorrow regards George Njoroge East African Data Handlers email protected www eadatahandlers com THE ONLY DATA RECOVERY CENTRE IN EASTERN CENTRAL AFRICA ps send me a mail soonest nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-backup-and-encription-of-data-on-the-server.447533/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a 300gb Maxtor Drive partitioned into 4 drives...the OS on the hd was Windows Vista...While i was reinstalling XP i accidently formatted the whole drive because it didnt show the rest of the partitions on the screen...by the time i realized what i just did it was already 5% formatted...so i decided to stop it by turning off my computer...

i was wondering if the data (music, files, pictures, etc etc) is still recoverable...if so, what are the necessary steps that i should take to recover it...my friend sent me OnTrack 6.3 EasyRecovery Pro and i went out and bought Search and Recover 4...should i do a clean format on the drive and then run a data recovery software or should i run the software with the drive being 5% formatted...

if someone can lead me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it...thanks

pete

A:Data Recovery Lost Data from format

Closing duplicate, please reply here:

http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/594609-data-recovery-lost-data-format.html

eddie

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/data-recovery-lost-data-from-format.594612/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi guys

Need some advice here.

I have Win 7 Ultimate x64 installed on a H77 board (assume it's UEFI compatible). The OS is on a partition residing on a 160GB raptor HDD that's MBR/NTFS formatted. I also have several other 2TB WD Greens also on MBR/NTFS.

I've recently gotten a Seagate 3TB Barracuda that I intend to use as a data disk.

My question is: Can a GPT data disk work in a sea of other MBR disks?
I don't want to have to reformat the rest of the data disks, or even the OS disk, to MBR if I can help it. With over 10TB of data, I don't have the temp storage to move the data to if I have to convert the rest along with it.

Thanks guys

A:Mixing a GPT data disk with MBR OS and other data disks

Hello DXM, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Yes, you will be able safely have and use a GPT data disk along with the other MBR disks without having to do anything else. You don't even need to use UEFI with a GPT data disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304084-mixing-gpt-data-disk-mbr-os-other-data-disks.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a 2d HD in my desktop so it is perfect for a data partition. However I am uncertain how to migrate all my current data files, especially Outlook info, (email, contacts, calendar, notes, journals) and folders, saved email, sent email...etc. I am uncertain
how to set Outlook to there after use the data partition instead of my
c: Drive. Any suggestions or help.

A:Migrating Data Files To A Data Disk

You do not want to use the Import/Export function for Outlook files. Read how here:http://office.microsoft.com/More reading here:http://www.slipstick.com/http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138904/migrating-data-files-to-a-data-disk/
Relevancy 64.93%

I have Windows Vista 64bit using a Pioneer Model BDR-2209 DVD burner, and I am using Optical Quantum 50GB 6X BD-R DL media. I have copied over 28gb of data files to burn to the dvd then selected burn files to disc, and it runs for a while and stops saying there is not enough free space on the disc. I know it has 46gb free on the dvd so why is this happening? I even tried to use an old copy of nero version 9 and It it starts to burn then gives me an error and stops. Can some please help me here, I would like to backup my 28gb's of data to a 50gb dvd.

Thanks

A:Issue with Burning data on a blue ray dvd (Data)

Your drive is designed for Blue-ray and Vista so there is no problem there.

The fact that the burner runs for a while then says there is not enough free space suggests that whatever burner you are using is trying to write a DVD (4.6GB) or a CD (7-800MB). Two possibilities here. One is that the burner is not capable of burning blue-rays or that it is not being set to blue-ray as the destination. I have Nero 9 myself but it is not available to me at the moment so I can't check if it can handle blue-rays or not.

Since your drive is compatible with Vista it is the burner you are using that I would look at.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572944/issue-with-burning-data-on-a-blue-ray-dvd-data/
Relevancy 64.93%

hey

i need data off an old pc which was windows 98 word97
so i put it in my comp (xp. office suite 8) i want to access files from old harddrive but wheni click word it says data might be currupt? plz help

A:old harddrive. need data off it. put as slave. cant access data

iLLegaL89 said:

hey

i need data off an old pc which was windows 98 word97
so i put it in my comp (xp. office suite 8) i want to access files from old harddrive but wheni click word it says data might be currupt? plz helpClick to expand...

Well, generally all the office suits are backward compatible...so there's should not be any problem. Can you open that word file(s) on the old PC (World 97 as u mentioned?) If it is so, you might have some problem with this new PC office suit.
Try, making copy of the old files in old PC using save as or may be you can convert doc files (if you don't have some hi level formating) to rtf files. That can be opened in Wordpad comes with every Windows OS.
This might help, i guess..
- Nirav

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-harddrive-need-data-off-it-put-as-slave-cant-access-data.324284/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello I am looking for copy data based on criteria into a new work sheet and format it at the same time My data is a database dump with thousands upon do data rows to dump new from How add I worksheet data of thousands of records and for my purposes I want to create a semi-refreshing excel dashboard that will show the data I want to extract Basically I am dumping How do I add rows of data to new worksheet from data dump the database to an excel tab but can also access the database so getting to the data is not the problem What I would like to do is get the data based on criteria and add it to an excel worksheet with a row being created based on the successful criteria of the data Basically my data looks like this DATA FILE TAB Data file sample http i stack imgur com HSL o jpgAnd this is what I want the data to end up looking like One thing to keep in mind is that I can't simply populate a worksheet as I need to be able to create new rows once good data has been filtered Formatted Worksheet Formatted Worksheet http i stack imgur com twXGS jpgThanks for your help in advance

A:How do I add rows of data to new worksheet from data dump

I'm not quite sure what kind of help you are asking for. Your subject line asks about "adding rows to a new worksheet" yet you posted an image [2] of data that is apparently sorted in some way and formatted with different font sizes and fill colors. In addition, the 2nd contains data that doesn't even appear in the original data set.What exactly are you asking for help with? Are you asking us to help create that 2nd, formatted sheet or are you asking for help with adding rows to that formatted sheet? I also don't understand this line:with a row being created based on the successful criteria of the data.What does "successful criteria of the data" mean?Click Here Before Posting Data or VBA Code ---> How To Post Data or Code.

http://www.computing.net/answers/office/how-do-i-add-rows-of-data-to-new-worksheet-from-data-dump/19931.html