Windows Support Forum

No reception (or poor reception) for Sim 2 on Microsoft Lumia 950

Q: No reception (or poor reception) for Sim 2 on Microsoft Lumia 950

I recently added a SIM 2 (and second phone number) to a Microsoft Lumia 950. The service on the SIM 2 slot is terrible. I will have 4 bars on SIM 1 and no service on SIM 2. I've switched my cards around and still have the same problem with the SIM 2 slot.
Is there a setting that needs to be updated to use the SIM 2 slot? Any suggestions on how to fix?
Thanks!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440325-no-reception-poor-reception-sim-2-microsoft-lumia-950-a.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: No reception (or poor reception) for Sim 2 on Microsoft Lumia 950

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 88.66%

kinda wondering what's going on with the poor reception the last few days . had a number of friends saying they're having problems with wireless reception . my network barely reaches to the door now. before it was out on the other side of the road.
are there sunspots acting up or could there be something else.
just wondering.
also used to have 11 neighboring ssid's. have 2 now.

Relevancy 87.73%

Just bought this laptop last Christmas and I've been having no wifi problems until now. I was always getting full bars. The laptop came with Windows 10 64bit. I've been having problems with Windows 10 Start button so I reinstalled Windows 10. Now my wireless registers 1 bar when I set the laptop next to the router, 1 foot away. Just tomake sure I set up my iphone as a wireless hotspot, same thing, 1 bar (incidently, even though it is registering 1 bar it will not connect to wifi). I've gone to HP's support site and reinstalled the wifi drivers, no change. I wiped the hard drive and installed Windows 7, no change. I suspect it's the driver. The device manager shows it as "Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter". Incidently, my old HP laptop is still working in the original room with full bars) Any ideas? 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Poor-WIFI-reception/td-p/5667655
Relevancy 87.73%

Hello people with superior knowledge!

I have recently bought an HP pavilion g6 notebook running windows 7 and I am experiencing very poor wi-fi reception. The signal always appears to be weak and the connection often drops suddenly. This happens on my home network (even 7 feet away from the router,) it happens on my work network and also when I try to share the connection with my iPhone. This does not seem normal to me, as those connections seem fine to everyone else... I got a more powerful router for my home networking and the problem remains. What can I do?

Thanks in advance!
Tine

Relevancy 84.63%

Hey guys. I have an HP m6-k015dx and it has an intel centrino 2230 wifi card in it. I also have an old, netgear wna 1100 usb wireless adapter. The wireless usb adapter I have gets extremely better wifi connection that the internal adapter and the signal strength on the networks won't fluctuate. Are there any settings I can change on the intel adapter, or can I buy a new internal adapter to replace the intel to get better reception? Thanks.

A:Wireless card with poor reception and dropping connection

Does anybody have suggestions for a good wireless card? The 2230 is really ticking me off because it doesn't have 5ghz support and reception is abysmal.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/31315-wireless-card-poor-reception-dropping-connection.html
Relevancy 84.63%

I just installed a TV tuner, but I can only pick up a single digital provider, that's 6 digital services (specificly BBC on frequency 546 MHz), and with analog I get all 4 channels but with very poor reciption. I have tried to connect my television using the same coaxel cable and same connection point in my house and my television has excelent analog picture and picks up 20 digital channels (I'm not sure how many providers that is spread over or what frequencies they are) so I conclude it's a problem with the card.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Hardware
Motherboard: Asus P5KC
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (2.4 GHz)
Tuner: Leadtek WinFast DTV2000 H

Software
TV: WinFast PVR2 - 2.0.2.25 (2007/8/15)
Tuner Driver: 5.0.18.6415 (64bit) (2007/1/18) Windows Vista 64 bit WHQLed driver

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/tv-tuner-poor-analog-reception-and-few-digital-channels-uk.619621/
Relevancy 90.73%

A friend has a Hewlitt Packard Pavillion 6553 computer. He bought a Logitech Quick Cam Express. He has a cable connection also.
I have the same camera and my image comes across to him clear but most of the time his image is very distorted. It just washes away and you can't see any features. Any body have any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/web-cam-bad-reception-help.36883/
Relevancy 89.44%

I was wondering if wrapping aluminum foil around my desktops antennas would improve the reception for it. I have a small window in my room that I have good reception so I would like to improve the chance that I get in that narrow window in my room.

A:Wireless reception

Why would you ask something like that when it would take to 10 seconds to try it?

I doubt it will help and may well make things worse. If you have an antenna connection, get a bigger antenna.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-reception.1005731/
Relevancy 89.44%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card:
Hard Drives: C: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 372183 MB; E: Total - 238464 MB, Free - 187245 MB;
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., EP43-DS3L
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Has anyone managed to improve their Huwaei E1752 reception with a home made Aerial setup?
I ask because even though there is a company who provide a sock and external aerial setup, they are too far away and expensive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/better-usb-modem-reception.1108156/
Relevancy 89.44%

ok so I have a laptop with wireless internet and a wireless modem I d say I m about metres do reception? have bad wireless I why such away from my modem but I can t even connect to it I d have to walk about metres away then I can connect and walk back to my room and it will have very low reception and then disconnect most times anyway It s a real pain considering how close I am The modem is a floor below me but it s not really having to go why do I have such bad wireless reception? through the floor to connect it s hard to explain but I can tell you the only thing blocking the reception would be my hallway for only about a metre or so anyway And besides that if I m outside in my backyard I have perfect reception even when I ve got doors and a wall blocking it along with other obstacles So I just don t understand Is it something to do with the fact I m above it Is that less reception Please help nbsp

Relevancy 89.44%

My WMC had been displaying normal TV reception until about two days ago. Now the picture and audio is very "jerky" as though it's coming in packets that are hesitating to be decoded. My reception on other TVs connected to the same system is normal.

Actually I've found the program to be a little quirky. It always opens in full screen and for some reason the cursor will not display on the blue screen. All I can do is hunt around until I highlight a button blindly. The remote starts it, but it seems I need to activate it twice to get it to finally tune to a station. Even if I close the screen in not full screen mode, it will always reopen in full screen.

http://www.vistax64.com/software/209279-jerky-tv-reception.html
Relevancy 89.44%

My Windows 8 does not get WIFI for my PC. Is there an software available to receive wifi? Thanks

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/74312-how-could-i-add-wifi-reception.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi everyone
I'm new here and new to dtv as well.
Yesterday I bought a hdd dvd recorder and a set top box. I have it all installed and working but I can only get the auto tuner to find channel 10 and 7. This set up is in my bedroom and doesn't have the best analogue reception. I only have an indoor antenna for this setup.
Can anyone advise what is the best way to go and preferably the cheapest...
I have heard of options such as having another cable run off of the roof antenna, using an amplifier or getting a better indoor antenna.
Any ideas and advice would be appreciated.
Cheers,
Belinda

Relevancy 89.44%

Sorry if I am wrong here. Please redirect me in that case. Thanks.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel® Atom™ CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 28 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1015 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 945 Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 152616 MB, Free - 110979 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 1468
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

I am receving a low signal a less that two meters of router, with normal 15-17 MB download. I received the perfect equal amount until a week ago. My son's and daughter's notepads continue receiveing normal, equal than desk direct PC. I have updated LAN driver; disconnect and take off battery pusshing power button for demagnetize notebook. No results. I would very much appreciate some help. Rest of netbook functioning is perfect OK. Kind regards.

Relevancy 89.44%

I am having an issue with my wireless connection. I can connect, but I can't get a higher percentage. In fact outside of the room, I don't even come close to 100%. I am using a Vonage router that is black. Any help would be appreciated. I have an older router that didn't work with the new cable modem that I was given it is a black something from Comcast. If I reinstall the router will that make it work? Thanks

A:Lack of reception

The color of the units conveys no useful information for solving the issues. Your problem sounds like wireless interference.
Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP-Home (or XP-Pro), SP1-SP2, Vista, etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands:

PING 206.190.60.37

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lack-of-reception.748552/
Relevancy 89.44%

I have a tv set up as a monitor in my reception room I want to have clients names scrolling with a welcome message. This information will need to be linked somehow to my calendar so that they automatically change as the day progresses. Is there a software or app that can provide this type of connection?
Thank ou

A:reception room greetings

it should be fairly easy to write a script which would pull this information, but i have not heard of one. but that is not my area of expertise, so it may be out there already if you search hard enough.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reception-room-greetings.1148901/
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a radeon 9000 with a rca TV out. It works, but I am getting incredibly bad reception. It is not the t.v's fault as all other rca devices recive crystal clear, and it is not the cables fault as I have replaced it. All that being true, what IS it then??

(the bad reception involves diagonal lines running across the screen)

A:Radeon 9000 rca out reception

lonely

My post is loenly and my problem unsolved.. at least i can do something about the lonely post...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9000-rca-out-reception.7493/
Relevancy 88.58%

Netgear tech support told me that I may improve the wifi in the other room by lowering the MTU from 1500 to 1400. Does this sound right?

A:Will al lower MTU help wifi reception?

You can check whether packets are being lost or fragmented with the current MTU. Our own Everlong made an excellent tut on this.

MTU Limit - Test and change your connection's MTU limit

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/182363-will-al-lower-mtu-help-wifi-reception.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Greetings Everyone, I have a question please if any one of you could help me then kindly give your input? I have a domain setup and voip setup, i want to configure a panic button at my reception, If in the case of emergency receptionist feels to tell everyone that there is an emergency situation at reception.  Everyone has laptop and desktop and voip landline in there respective offices.  Kindly suggest me best option to go for panic button so when it comes receptionist could hit that shortcut key to keyboard and it could alert to all the machines in the network.

A:How to set a panic button at reception?

Are you looking to send something through your VOIP setup? If so, what hardware/software are you using? Does this need to be silent? I assume a big loud bell wouldn't work? Would it need to contact the police? Your best bet would be to contact your security company and see what they offer. In a emergency situation, it's not a good idea to depend on a DIY solution. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619120/how-to-set-a-panic-button-at-reception/
Relevancy 88.58%

I bought two identical HP laptops a couple Weak WiFi Reception years ago nbsp They are HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook Product C H AV nbsp i core nbsp gig Weak WiFi Reception nbsp bit upgraded recently from Win to Win ver The machines are rarely used on Ethernet via cable but when connected nbsp this way both function nbsp Both laptops are normally nbsp simultaneously nbsp used on the inet nbsp via WiFi through my Verizon hotspot model MiFi L- B D nbsp Some months ago maybe a year nbsp or more nbsp one of the two nbsp machines nbsp began having trouble establishing a WiFi connection nbsp There were no hardware changes in the environment at the time nbsp Initially nbsp the troubled laptop needed to be much closer to the hotspot nbsp to connect to and use it nbsp than the other nbsp identical nbsp laptop nbsp Over time t here nbsp seem ed nbsp to be a progressive insensitivity of the laptop in question as it has nbsp seemed to nbsp progress to the point that now the hotspot must be within of the laptop for it to connect and successfully use it The problem first appeared and has remained from well before the laptop was migrated via Ethernet cable from Win to a couple of months ago nbsp The other laptop has always seemed to work fine at varying distances from the hotspot nbsp Although I've not verified the various WiFi related driver versions across the machines both machines are kept in sync software amp update-wise nbsp Using Amped Wireless' WiFi Analytics on my android just now the signal strength was between - amp - db from feet away Software on the hotspot is up to date as is the MS amp other software on both laptops nbsp The HP troubleshooting steps I've gone through don't seem to pick up what I see as a weakness in reception of the signal on the troubled machine nbsp This has been additionally demonstrated by n ever nbsp having the any nbsp similar nbsp issues with the other machine nbsp But in scanning this forum briefly seems there have been some pretty severe issues with the HP WiFi hardwarde configurations All ideas are welcome thanks in advance nbsp

A:Weak WiFi Reception

Hi @gcinsetn, Thank you for posting at HP Forums! I have read your post and wanted to help. I understand that  you have two identical HP Envy TouchSmart Sleekbooks, but one can connect to the wireless network while the other cannot at the same distance. Have you tried to run the Windows Network and Internet Troubleshooter? Does it give any error message? (The step 2 on link http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04649175) Also, make sure the below option is disabled:Disable the Power Off option for the adapter:1. Open Device Manager. (Win Key+R > type devmgmt.msc > OK)2. Expand the Network adapters.3. Right click on the Ethernet/Wireless Adapter and click Properties.4. Click the Power Management tab.5. Remove the check mark beside Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power.6. Click OK.   You can run the component test in the hardware failure testing to verify the wireless module too:HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 8) Let me know the test results. If any of these recommendations helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "thumbs up" to give me Kudos.  Regards,   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Weak-WiFi-Reception/td-p/5693450
Relevancy 88.58%

Even with the router in the same room, we don't get full reception with the computer. Other PC's doesn't have the same problem. We've got 3 R830-13D computers, having trouble with the WLAN reception in our house.

We've installed the newest driver to the Atheros device, and the confree software.

Is this a known problem, that reception on this computer is bad, or have we done something wrong?

A:Satellite R830-13D - Bad W-LAN reception

>... or have we done something wrong?
And what have you done exactly?

Do you use original preinstalled OS (factory settings)?
Have you noticed the same issue with AC power supply and battery power supply?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?63620-Satellite-R830-13D-Bad-W-LAN-reception
Relevancy 88.58%

I just recently noticed a red cross over my reception bars...Running Windows 7......Recently addend avg anti virus.....dont think that is the probolem...Any ideas on how to get rid of the red cross?

Thank you,

Docrates

A:red cross over reception bars

Hi! Are you talking about you're internet access?? Are you using a USB cable or are you using a wireless router??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/red-cross-over-reception-bars.1147867/
Relevancy 87.72%

I have one of these http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002DQUHC/103-4561921-0038218?v=glance&n=172282

My signal strength is very low. I was wondering what are some tips and tricks to getting a bettere signal? I am picking up on wifi hotspots in my area. I can only get on one but the signal is real weak.

A:Wifi Reception Antenna Mod Question

you can try adding a USB extension cable then moving it around until you get a better signal. Since the antenna is inside of that thing, no "modding" can be done. If that doesn't work, you will have to buy another network adapter.

This one has pulled in excellent signals from my router in the other end of the house when my 2 other adpaters would only get a low or medium signal. check it out here http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124126

BTW, i hope you are attempting to use public hotspots and not leach off of somebody's home network!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-reception-antenna-mod-question.46495/
Relevancy 87.72%

I'm wondering if it's possible to enhance the wireless reception on my laptop? Several places where I connect to the internet it is sometimes difficult to get a signal. I have an Acer Aspire 3050. I have seen antennas that connect to the USB port but I want to know if those are really meant mainly for giving wireless capability to laptops or computers that dont have wireless, or if they are also effective in boosting the range of computers that already have wireless. thank you

Relevancy 87.72%

i recently dropped my T-Mobile MyTouch and now the reception is terrible. the bars would be zero (the phone reads "No Service") for 15-20 minutes at a time and then back to 3 or 4 bars for a few minutes. but then back to "No Service". it's like this throughout the say. and my friends have told me that when they call, it rings 3 times and goes to voicemail. but my phone never gets the call. it doesnt ring and does not register the calls.

is the problem the antenna? from when i dropped the phone? and is there a way to fix it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/t-mobile-mytouch-reception-problem.952404/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am receiving internet service by wi fi from a restricted community source When I start out the day I receive a strong unbroken signal from the antenna to which I connect Then later on in the day there is a complete break in signal that occurs repeatedly and intermittently to the point where I lose connectivity to the internet and cannot receive confirmation of my IP address from the signal source Accessing the same antenna with my laptop placed right beside my desktop computer continues to give an unbroken signal I am using Network Stumbler as a means of monitoring the signal performance and the display of signal strength over time is very obviously showing differences in reception Because the laptop and desktop are showing signal reception network of Intermittent differences in reception my guess is there must be something my desktop computer is doing in the background that is taking up major time slices but I have no idea what it is or how to correct it I am operating Windows XP Home SP with AMD mhz processor and RealTek RTL wireless adapter nbsp

Relevancy 87.72%

Ever since I took advantage of the free upgrade from Win7 to Win10 (about 4 weeks ago) we have had problems RECEIVING e-mail into MS Outlook (2016 version). We can see our new e-mails by going to web mail - but it takes hours (sometimes days) for them to reach our Outlook.
Is it true that MS simply hasn't engineered a fix for this - and that we have to wait for them to do that? Does anyone know how long that will be?
StanC

Relevancy 87.72%

I was having exactly the same issue My dell xps would lose wifi connection from time to time reconnect lose it again and so forth for a couple reception Wifi problems Broadcom of minutes Then it would work ok for a while but show Broadcom Wifi reception problems the same problems an hour or two later nbsp In the support forums some users suggested the problems may be caused by the new network Broadcom Wifi reception problems driver If you have this driver try to revert to the old one I downloaded it nbsp Sorry this is Windows related but PLEASE help My Wifi signal is OK next to my router but there is very little sinal over Ft I have tried almost everything but with very little IT experience Where do I Go nbsp Broadcom driver is installed the latest nbsp but I have to go back to nbsp No Idea It's all related to Windows They say nbsp HOPEFULLY YOU ARE ABLE TO ASSIST ME GETTING THIS ISSUE SOLVED KIND REGARDS Max van Peer

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ec1cc788-bbd8-4977-ba60-ff2d8f89e05f/broadcom-wifi-reception-problems?forum=itprovistanetworking
Relevancy 87.72%

With Windows 7 a notification appears when a device wants to send a file to my PC. With Windows 8 I must choose "Receive a file" from the Bluetooth's contextual menu in order for the transfer to take place. Is there a way with Windows 8 to enable that notification behaviour? Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/9166-blue-file-reception-notification.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I own a Compaq HP Presario CQ - US laptop running Window When I plug the power cord into any outlet in any room in which I am also listening to the radio FM the radio signal drops and becomes very staticky making the broadcast more difficult to hear If I unplug the power cord from the Laptop FM reception interferes radio with outlet or from the laptop the radio signal is restored to normal It s an incredibly annoying situation because I like to listen to the radio while I Laptop interferes with FM radio reception work Laptop interferes with FM radio reception As a potentially related aside on a recent trip I stayed at a major chain hotel and actually tripped the breaker to my room when I plugged in the laptop plunging the room into darkness The only unaffected room was the bathroom in which I could plug the power cord without tripping the breaker that outlet was a GFCI GFI outlet For the remainder of the trip I was fearful about plugging in my laptop--heaven forbid I should trip a breaker in a coffee shop with a long line of folks seeking their daily caffeine jump-start Regarding the power cord it is a replacement for an earlier one that died If it helps at all the two parts have on them the following information Outlet end I-SHENG IS- A V Adapter end P N ED AA ABA Input - V- A- A Hz Output V- A V FTI LF I will greatly appreciate insights that can help solve this issue nbsp

A:Laptop interferes with FM radio reception

Hi and welcome to TSG.

It's probably the charger that's causing the interference, try putting as much distance as possible between the charger and the radio.

Also something metallic between them, like a metal tray, might help. You may have to experiment to find the best position for it.

If the above doesn't help you can try running the laptop on battery when you want to listen to the radio, or another charger.

EDIT : it's worrying that it tripped a circuit breaker, I think you should invest in a new charger, preferably from a different maker.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-interferes-with-fm-radio-reception.1153877/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi and thanks for your time.
I have the laptop mentioned above and the router I have access to is a DLink DIR 600 M.
The two are literally a couple of metres apart (approx. 3 metres) and yet I am able to only receive a very weak signal, just 5 grey bars of the WiFi icon at times and no signal dominantly. Getting right next to the router gives me 4 white bars at best.
I have another Lenovo laptop and it gets a good 4 white bars at a larger distance. So I guess the router isn't faulty.

Please advise.

A:Weak WiFi reception on HP 15 AC042tu

Your wireless cards antennas may have come loose. You can check by opening up the laptop and looking at the card.

They should look like this:

If either is disconnected, just press it down onto the circular connector, it doesn't take much force so don't crush it, you could bend the little "flaps" on the coaxial cable end.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/69131-weak-wifi-reception-hp-15-ac042tu.html
Relevancy 87.72%

hello i have recently purchased nbsp a new y leptop computer to replace my old hp pavilion g series leptop the leptop works fine but im am getting really bad reception from my wifi router nbsp i have a two storey house my wifi router is located on the first floor and i use my computer on the second floor so that the router is quite far from the router and has a few walls seperating them nbsp the problem is that my old computer the hp pavilion which is a year old computer is getting a very good reception and is working fine nbsp while the new y reception is very bad and very unstaible nbsp i have read alot of posts and tried varios netowrk adapter settings and upgrades i have disabled WMM switched to nbsp only GHZ bandwith to improve penetration installed the latest windows network drivers wifi reception Y50 70 problem touch from lenovo's website nbsp but still the reception is very un stable for one minute i could be getting full reception and after a minute only two strips Y50 70 touch wifi reception problem and after anoter minute no reception at all nbsp when i am closer to the router the reception works alot better and dosen't act so un predictably nbsp seems weird to me that my old computer manages just fine while a new computer dose alot worst i bought this computer to upgrade not downgrad nbsp nbsp some details my lenovo y - uses an dual band wireless ac driver- runs on windows nbsp nbsp my hp pavlion g series - uses broadcom nbsp b g n nbsp driver- runs on nbsp windwos nbsp my router is nbsp TP-LINK TL-WR Nwhich uses n wifi protocol nbsp nbsp do you have any thoughts on how nbsp to fix the nbsp problem is it possible that lenovo wifi connectivity technology is simply less good nbsp nbsp than hp year old technology nbsp thanks for your help Solved Go to Solution

A:Y50 70 touch wifi reception problem

I eventually bought tp-link wifi dongle  n600,now my computer reception is more stable and i can work properly witht the internet,i dont know exactly what was the problem,but the dongle uses a diffrent network adapter or it is just simply better than the hadrware inside the computre. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y50-70-touch-wifi-reception-problem/td-p/2219809
Relevancy 86.86%

I recently moved to an apartment that has NO cell phone reception My carrier is Verizon and I the cell reception... I apps use can need network? that NOT any WiFi, No 3G only am on a family share plan with my parents I don t want to get a new cell phone with AT amp T the ONLY carrier that No cell reception... any apps I can use that only need WiFi, NOT the 3G network? has reception where I m at because I m on a tight budget I was hoping to use Skype or Google Voice to make phone calls however the apps don t work on my phone They require a G signal and won t work on just the WiFi I have set up here at the apartment Of course I could always just leave my computer on and make calls from there but it s old and I don t want to risk breaking it So I was hoping someone could give me suggestions for apps that would work with WiFi and do NOT require the G network to make phone calls Is that even possible nbsp

A:No cell reception... any apps I can use that only need WiFi, NOT the 3G network?

text free with voice works on wifi it can be a pain to get the free minutes or you can buy minutes for it but the texting is free voxer and hey tell are similar to PTT but dont have to use 3g

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-cell-reception-any-apps-i-can-use-that-only-need-wifi-not-the-3g-network.1035248/
Relevancy 86.86%

i'm using a huawei b200 wireless gateway. are there any tips or tweaks that i can apply to get stronger signals and faster speeds? thanks

A:any way on how to strenghten signal reception of my wireless broadband?

Hawking Tech has a number of products that will help you increase your wireless range. The root page is Hawking Hi-Gain™ WiFi Range Extending Products.

Some of the more interesting products are this Hawking [HSB2] Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster, which can be used on either end of a wireless connection to boost the signal power.

Another way to increase your signal strength is by the use of hi-gain antennas. You can choose from omni-directional or directional models, here are a some examples.

Hawking [HAI7SIP] Hi-Gain 7dBi Omni-Directional Antenna

Hawking [HAI15SC] Hi-Gain 15dBi Corner Antenna

[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit

For 802.11n applications, this ZyXEL ANT1106 6db omni-directional antenna can be used.

For really long range outdoor applications, this 24dB parabolic WiFi Antenna may be a good choice.

If you have a wireless adapter that doesn't have provisions for an external antenna, one adapter that I've had good luck with is a Rosewill RNX-G1 USB Wireless Adapter. It's feature is that is has a removable antenna and will accommodate replacement antennas.

This is just a sample of available products, many people have hi-gain antennas with similar specifications, but I haven't seen any other suppliers of signal boosters.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/any-way-on-how-to-strenghten-signal-reception-of-my-wireless-broadband.923294/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,

We use server 2008 R2 as windows fax server.
We use two different line to send and receive faxes. We use multitech business modem to receive as incoming to receive faxes.
It does receive faxes. However, most of the faxes does not received due to error.
It says , incoming fax could not be received due to transmission error, only part of the message were received.

Does anyone have solution to fix this incoming fax issue permanently?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/391717-windows-fax-scan-incoming-fax-reception-error.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I am in the market to setup a vista media center and I would like to know if using the satellite sat-top-box (Ofcoarse, all legal subscription) and feed it to my pc to download the program guide, would I be able to change channels with my media center remote and also do the recording (DVR)?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-media-center-and-satellite-reception.626433/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello everyone I apologise in advance if I have put this thread in the wrong area - feel free to move it if necessary Now I am looking for a solution for my company and I have thought about a variety of different options but all of them seem very complicated so I am welcome to replies and suggestions I have a reception area in my building that welcomes new visitors and clients I need a TV Screen Solution that can be updated regularly every day which tells the visitors what is going on in the building It does not need to be interactive Just like a powerpoint that has one slide saying what s going on However this screen is going to be permanently wall-mounted and putting cabling for HDMI VGA etc in is tricky Area electronic a solution a for digital Need Reception I was hoping for a wireless solution however putting display content via wireless apparently is difficult if you don t have Intel WIDI I do have a server and multiple client workstations I m trying to keep costs down hence why I did not go for a Need a electronic digital solution for a Reception Area bespoke solution Any ideas nbsp

A:Need a electronic digital solution for a Reception Area

Just an idea - lots of TVs will play Videos or Display images from a USB stick
if you make the powerpoint into a JPG and then put onto usb - then plug that into the TV
That maybe a solution for you

But check how the TV handles displaying the images - in case its a slide show and does not work how you want

Do you have the TV now ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-a-electronic-digital-solution-for-a-reception-area.1128168/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi everybody I have a very poor WiFi reception at my present location and bit a Increasing card's sensitivity WLAN reception the in order for Windows XP to stay connected to the WLAN I have to use my laptop in awkward positions I already set the WLAN card s parameters available from Hardware Management that I thought might increase its reception sensitivity Power Management Roaming Aggressiveness Throughput Enhancement Transmit Power to their maximum performance value but even so the difference between staying connected and getting disconnected is so small that if I move the laptop literally Increasing the WLAN card's reception sensitivity a bit a few centimetres from its quot preferred quot spot the connection is lost I would therefore need a small extra boost in my network card s sensitivity - does anyone know how I might achieve this Many thanks in advance for any replies I should add that I cannot in any way influence the positioning or any other settings relating to the router that supports this WLAN so any tweaks would have to be performed locally on my own WLAN card nbsp

Relevancy 86.86%

The issue here is a new server with SBS 2003 excahnge hosting email. I can send from any user on a client system. I can remotely log in (http excahnge) and send, but none of the users receive emails.

The Gateway device has a static Ip that is NAT to the firewall then to the server. The firewall packet captures show the packets being forwarded properly. I try the telnet (server) 25 and connection fails. I check the server and the SMTP virtual connector is there and operational. I have ran the best practises and tried reconfiguring email with no luck on receiving.

I am new to the Microsoft environment so no sure best way to debug this on the server. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

networking I am good at administration I am not...... Please help

A:Solved: SBS exchange mail reception failure

Its probably DNS or exchange it usually is. post your domain and I'll do some testing beyond that

Post an ipconfig /all
Is there anything in the event log?
Test the server here http://www.mxtoolbox.com/
Run netdiag and dcdiag then post the results?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-sbs-exchange-mail-reception-failure.747271/
Relevancy 86.86%

I am experiencing problems with one of my contacts in Brazil. I send mails to their contact addresses such as [email protected] and they are received OK.

However when they reply or send a new mail it does not arrive & the sender does not get a "address not found message".

I have written to my provider in the UK btconnect but so far they have not come up with any possible solution. I think it might have something to do with our domain address fpsinternational.com.
The strange thing is it only happens with this one email address so one has to think the problem could be at their end but so far their IT man has been unable to solve the problem from his end.

I would appreciate hearing from anybody who may have experienced the same problem.

Rgds Bev Colson - Buenos Aires Argentina

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/reception-problems-outlook-2007-emails.621635/
Relevancy 86.86%

Sorry to bother you but you seem very knowledgeable about networking.
We travel in a motorhome about 6 months of the year. Have dsl at home but when we travel, I sometimes use my cell phone as a modem (have for about 4 years). The last couple of years a lot of the rv parks have installed wifi for the residents to use, but reception can be rather spotty in the parks. We do have a hawkings amplified antennae, (looks like a little satellite dish) which does a terrific job, but we would like to be able to extend the distance for reception.
Some folks have used an amplified usb external antennae,(in their coaches) with a marine external omni directional mounted outside. Do you have any recommendations as to what brand would be best for this use?
THANKS SO MUCH FOR YOU TIME AND TROUBLE to answer this question for us.
vicks

A:Solved: range extending for wifi reception

The combination of these two should give you greatly extended range: Hawking [HSB2] Hi-Gain WiFi Signal Booster and the
[HAO14SD] Outdoor Hi-Gain 14dBi Directional Antenna Kit. I'm assuming that pointing the antenna at the source is not an issue for you, right?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-range-extending-for-wifi-reception.681970/
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi I am having a problem with my dell wireless lan minicard which is intergrated into my dell inspiron Mini low. reception card Dell wireless laptop I have been searching the internet and i have found some information on increasing the power output of the card I am wanting to increase the power output of the card not the router for various issues I found some information regarding hacking into the HAL some part of the firmware in network cards that can contain the power output information If someone can provide me with a guide on doing that it will be appreciated Also Dell wireless Mini card reception low. if anyone knows any third party software or firmware that can increase the power output of my dell wireless mini card it will be appreciated Please don t reply with information regarding the router as i have been searching the internet all day to increase the power output of my wireless card and found most of the information regarding the router which i dont want Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 85.57%

I had Vista then recently I installed windows XP SP3 from scratch (not downgraded). I downloaded latest drivers from Toshiba and installed them. Now I have a problem with microphone. Sound playback from speakers is well but reception level of built-in microphone is very low and often unrecognizable. I use a voip program. In Vista, microphone was working better.

Now in WXP, I am told that they can't hear me or my voice is very low and hardly recognizable. I also tried sound recorder in windows. My voice is like I am talking from ten meters away.
I don't have an external microphone so I can't tell if line-in micro. is working well.

In previous posts people mention downloading a hotfix for xp sound issues but I am not sure if applies to my situation.

Thank you

Erdem

A:Satellite Pro U400 - microphone reception problem after installing xp sp3

Hello Erdem

As I can see you got recovery installations CD/DVD for WXP SP3. Has everything worked well with original recovery image? I mean is there some reason why you have installed sound driver again?
Have you been somehow informed about new drivers (Tempro)?

Which drivers you have installed exactly?
Which Satellite Pro U400 do you have (U400-xxx)?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?45686-Satellite-Pro-U400-microphone-reception-problem-after-installing-xp-sp3
Relevancy 84.71%

When I switch the Video card over to use the TV as the monitor I get a black and white picture with fuzzy reception which just provides lines and such. I checked to be sure the SVIDEO cables and digital sound cables were connected tight and properly and they were. Did I mess up a setting? How can I fix this? Thanks

HP Slimline Pavilion
AMD Dual Core 4000+ 2.10 GHZ
2GB Memory
Nvida GeForce 6150 LE
Vista Premium 32 bit

A:SVIDEO Connection Black and white screen with fuzzy reception

Do you have the latest Vista video drivers installed on your HP Slimline?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/svideo-connection-black-and-white-screen-with-fuzzy-reception.91735/
Relevancy 84.71%

My son's large apartment complex just installed wifi for its tennants however it only reaches 300 ft. from the base unit. They gave him the password to log on but he is at least 3 times farther away than the 300 ft. He is on the 2nd floor of his building which should help somewhat but the apartment next to him is located between his & the building with the base unit. His balcony & windows face the opposite direction since he is on the backside of his building. He only has the wireless card that came installed in his Dell laptop. Is there any inexpensive device/antenna/booster that could increase his range of reception in order to pick up the wifi? He can not afford what his city charges for internet. Any help would be deeply appreciated since he doesn't have cable either & is going stir crazy.

A:How can I increase my reception wifi range offered by my aparment complex? Help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-can-i-increase-my-reception-wifi-range-offered-by-my-aparment-complex-help.902813/
Relevancy 83.85%

i have spotty reception for my dell inspiron n4030 in parts of the house i have strong reception and in others i have weak or none at all. I have tried virus scans,changing the channel and running the troubleshooter. i am including screenshots of my comps info to help

A:weak reception with a DW1501 wireless-n wlan half-mini card

Hi ssor777 and Welcome to SF,

Is this a work laptop? It is configured in a domain network, it has a DNS suffix of .local.

Another thing...you are using Open DNS's, you may set it back to 'Obtain DNS Server Automatically' from your Wireless setting.

Install and run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector.
Click on the 'Show Networks' to display all wireless networks on the xirrus icon on your desktop if you have one running in a corner. Tap the Printscreen key on your keyboard, open up Paint then choose Edit from the Menu and select Paste, then SAVE it. Upload and attached on your next Post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/188214-weak-reception-dw1501-wireless-n-wlan-half-mini-card.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Anybody have a 950 XL that they want to get rid of for a good price? $250.00 USD

A:Microsoft Lumia 950 XL

Originally Posted by Montpbm Anybody have a 950 XL that they want to get rid of for a good price? $250.00 USD We have a Marketplace forum just for these kind of transactions. The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - Windows Central Forums
Please read the rules and guidelines here before making a thread about wanting to buy a 950XL in the forum.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445634-microsoft-lumia-950-xl.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I just bought a lumia 950 from the microsoft store in the US does it have dual sim as described on the store specs page?

A:Lumia 950 from the microsoft store in the US

Yes, it should have it.
The only way to not have a dual sim one is if you bought the AT&T Lumia 950.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445011-lumia-950-microsoft-store-us.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My phone is not charging, but when the battery is placed in another phone of the exact same model it charges and works.
There is no problem with the charger as it charger all other phones.

A:my microsoft lumia 535 is not charging?

Do soft reset/restart your phone. If it works then you don't have to VISIT To MICROSOFT CARE. If your phone still in warranty. THEN TAKE AN ADVANTAGE OF ONE YEAR WARRANTY. .--------. / A TIP \ If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437534-my-microsoft-lumia-535-not-charging.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I connected the charger and it vibrated. However I left it for 1 and a half hours and will not turn on. I have tried to reset by pressing down buttons but still nothing. Help please!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445521-my-microsoft-lumia-550-wont-turn.html
Relevancy 53.32%

When I send a message on my Microsoft Lumia 550, the message shows up for like a second then disappears making me think that the message hasnt sent. This also happens when I recieve a message, I can click on notification but I cant see message what has been sent when the messaging app loads, any ideas of what is happening here?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435282-why-cant-i-see-messages-ive-just-sent-my-microsoft-lumia-550-a.html
Relevancy 53.32%

so last night my phone ran out of battery, so I left it to charge overnight. (I wasn't paying attention so I can't remember if the phone said it was charging or not.)
This morning I woke up and my phone was completely unresponsive. Nothing happens when I press any of the buttons. I've also checked the charger to see if it was working and it is.
So any ideas on how to fix this?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437344-microsoft-lumia-532-dead.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Has anyone did the update for the 950 AT&T phone? How is it? Should I wait etc?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439336-t-microsoft-lumia-950-update.html
Relevancy 53.32%

almost a year old its barely used cause I don't know a than about it, I've always had a android phone, i want to sell it can you help with any suggestions on where to sell at?

A:I own a windows microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE 8.1

Hi! Welcome to Windows Central. Have you looked around the forum?? You might try this. Hope this helps! The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - Windows Central Forums

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442979-i-own-windows-microsoft-lumia-640-xl-lte-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi When talking to somebody on my Lumia 535 the screen goes black and when the call has finished I have to press the on/off button to get a screen so as to end the call. I have had the phone since January and it has always done this. Now I am told that this is not normal, any help would be appreciated. Many Thanks Alan.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/microsoft-lumia-535-black-screen-4605007/
Relevancy 52.46%

Can you please tell me the microsoft lumia 535 dual sim is got the 4g update from microsoft in upcoming days ....

A:Microsoft lumia 535 dual sim is getting 4g OTA update or not

Lumia 535 is not a 4G device. I am not sure what update you are waiting for.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438584-microsoft-lumia-535-dual-sim-getting-4g-ota-update-not.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Microsoft removed radio app from Lumia 950 XL after my update.!! What the hell..!!! Why they removed it. ??? Now all is completed. No radio, no apps like Snapchat, no video calling apps like android. I think it's time to move to android.. 5 years I'm using Windows Phone.. But Windows done it.. I'm moving.. (soooo sad)!!!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439919-microsoft-removed-radio-lumia-950-xl.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Have video assignments i really need to get onto a disc or usb, but my phone won't allow me to send by message, email or wont send to onedrive or anything. it is driving me crazy!! how can I get these videos to my tutor!!!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442676-microsoft-lumia-550-cant-send-video-anywhere.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently bought a windows 10 lumia 550 and any apps I try and download just stay as pending. I've tried turning it off and on again, but no luck. Anyone have any solutions?

A:Why cant i download apps on my Microsoft lumia 550?

Hi please check under settings > accounts if your Microsoft account (which you used to sign in when setting up the phone) has synced properly.
Also check if time/date and region are set properly.
Please sign up so we can keep track of your progress

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/400786-why-cant-i-download-apps-my-microsoft-lumia-550-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Is it possible to make payments using NFC on Lumia phones that support NFC? I just purchased a Lumia 640 and I see that it has NFC but I don't know how to add my debit card details to it. I remember 2-3 years ago hearing that it would be possible but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. I'm in the UK if that makes a difference.

A:NFC payments on UK Microsoft Lumia phones

Do you have the wallet app installed? I think you need that for it to work

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439177-nfc-payments-uk-microsoft-lumia-phones.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Microsoft is not helping with my lumia 535 phone. There is no service center here in Malaysia. Please help! Where do I sought for help? The customer service is poor to max! First there were issues with the battery, secondly it wont charge, third - the keyboard types by itself like it is possessed! Fourth - Phone heats up within 5 minutes of conversation (hot like a cup of coffee in the morning). Fifth - Due to the heat, the edges of the back cover started to crack and the protect film peeled off. Now the phone is totally dead. Battery works well in another lumia 535 device. The customer service told me to contact a local microsoft service center but there is none. There is only a Nokia service center and they told me off that the parts are not available. So what do I do now? Please contact me.

A:Microsoft is not helping with my lumia 535 phone.

Sounds like you may need a new battery for your phone.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445025-microsoft-not-helping-my-lumia-535-phone.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Microsoft is not helping with my lumia 535 phone. There is no service center here in Malaysia. Please help! Where do I sought for help? The customer service is poor to max! First there were issues with the battery, secondly it wont charge, third - the keyboard types by itself like it is possessed! Fourth - Phone heats up within 5 minutes of conversation (hot like a cup of coffee in the morning). Fifth - Due to the heat, the edges of the back cover started to crack and the protect film peeled off. Now the phone is totally dead. Battery works well in another lumia 535 device. The customer service told me to contact a local microsoft service center but there is none. There is only a Nokia service center and they told me off that the parts are not available. So what do I do now?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/445024-microsoft-not-helping-my-lumia-535-phone.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hey,
Can anyone tell me whether screen for lumia 650 is available i have broken my phone..

A:Microsoft Lumia 650 Screen replacement

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question hey,
Can anyone tell me whether screen for lumia 650 is available i have broken my phone.. have you checked with the nearest Microsoft or Nokia care centre? Or with the store you bought it from?
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439157-microsoft-lumia-650-screen-replacement.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Three days back i purchased a lumia 950 and faced lot of over heating issue and some times it doesn't respond . Yesterday I gave it for service center . Lost hope from Microsoft releasing this kind of phone in market that too its not a low end phone I would have gone for Lumia 640xl lte .

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441172-microsoft-lumia-950-over-heat-issue.html
Relevancy 52.46%

everytime i try taking the screenshot it displays a message at the top of the screen sayng couldn't take screenshot.I cant take take scrennshots. why so?

A:why cant I take screenshots on my microsoft lumia 535 phone??

Are you running Windows Phone 8.1 or Windows 10 Mobile Technical Preview?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/385143-why-cant-i-take-screenshots-my-microsoft-lumia-535-phone.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I found this out purely by chance today. Had to deal with Microsoft to see about getting a warranty replacement for my nine month old Lumia 830. I was informed by the MS rep that after October 1, they would no longer responsible for the Lumia brand and that they would be outsourced to a yet unnamed company. The question is, who is it?

A:Microsoft Outsourcing Lumia as of October 1st?

I'm assuming from that information that some third-party repair service is going to be taking over for Lumia service and stuff.
I'm sure something like Asurion is to be expected.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/441147-microsoft-outsourcing-lumia-october-1st.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I upgraded my Lumia 430 from Windows 8.1 to 10 . After the upgrade I used my for a week and decided to factory reset my phone .i run the reset completely until I reached the set up your phone view.i couldn't set up my phone because of bad network connection.so I shut down the phone so I could set it up later but unfortunately when I decided to switch on the phone it began the reset process again only that this time the phone can't boot any Os but shows only an emoji like this :-( and then turns off again

A:my Microsoft Lumia 430 fail to boot os

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I upgraded my Lumia 430 from Windows 8.1 to 10 . After the upgrade I used my for a week and decided to factory reset my phone .i run the reset completely until I reached the set up your phone view.i couldn't set up my phone because of bad network connection.so I shut down the phone so I could set it up later but unfortunately when I decided to switch on the phone it began the reset process again only that this time the phone can't boot any Os but shows only an emoji like this :-( and then turns off again Plug it to a pc and download Windows Device Recovery Tool

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438109-my-microsoft-lumia-430-fail-boot-os.html
Relevancy 52.46%

What sort of smartphone can you buy for just $70? Well you're about to find out, as Microsoft just launched the Lumia 430, their latest budget handset that features surprisingly okay specifications for a very low price tag.

Read more

A:The Microsoft Lumia 430 is a $70 Windows Phone

For 70 bucks I'm sure you could do worse.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-microsoft-lumia-430-is-a-70-windows-phone.210398/
Relevancy 52.46%

I bought a brand new Lenovo Yoga from a Lenovo shop in China Windows was pre-installed In the shop I requested on occasions that Windows be set for English They told me that I could easily change the language settings when I got home However when I got home I was unable to change the settings After a quick google I discovered that and VERY Microsoft - Lenovo service customer poor Windows in Microsoft and Lenovo - VERY poor customer service China is a special single-language installation named Windows PRC It is impossible to change the language Obviously this is no use to me as I don t speak China I contacted Lenovo who passed me on to Microsoft I contacted Microsoft who said that I had to go to Lenovo Microsoft insisted that Lenovo could simply change the installation to a multi-language version Here is part of the transcript from online Microsoft chat support Since this is a preinstalled product or Original Equipment Manufacturer OEM This was bought by the manufacturer of your computer to Microsoft and they were the one who installed it as well on your computer The manufacturer have the capability to change the installation to all language installation I have been back to Lenovo both the original shop and the after sales service office several times but have had no success On my latest visit days ago I refused to leave the shop until I received a full refund or a multi-language edition was installed In the end after a lot of arguing via a translator they agreed to install the multi-language version They said I could collect the computer the following day However after repeatedly calling them each day they have no finally told me that a multi-language version cannot be installed I am currently left with a computer that is not fit for purpose although they even still have that as it s the manager s day off Thank you Lenovo Thank you Microsoft Never again

A:Microsoft and Lenovo - VERY poor customer service

I also have a Lenovo that I just bought here in the US (G700 model) and like it quite a bit. I cant speak one way or the other on Lenovo's customer service, since I've never dealt with them. I hate to say it, but your best bet is to download a Windows 8/8.1 iso from the Net (make sure it's multi-language/english first!), format your HDD, and then do a clean install and call MS. The downside is that they may or may not help you activate it. Good luck!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36964-microsoft-lenovo-very-poor-customer-service.html
Relevancy 52.03%
Relevancy 52.03%

Microsoft Lumia 550 - Unlocked will it sync with outlook. I currently have a blackberry. I use the blackberry software to sync my info. Will this phone do the same

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442088-microsoft-lumia-550-unlocked-will-sync-outlook.html
Relevancy 52.03%
A:if i upgrade lumia 640 xl please tell me which builds are received from microsoft

Hi, builds are pretty stable now and both are from Microsoft.
If you have any further info or questions please join the Windows Central forums, so that you can reply to this thread.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434028-if-i-upgrade-lumia-640-xl-please-tell-me-builds-received-microsoft.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I forgot the screen lock password i need to know how i can unlock my microsoft lumina 640

A:How do I unlock my Microsoft Lumia 640 screen lock?

You will have to reset your phone and loose whatever data is not backed up.
Power off. Hold Volume Down and tap Power. When the exclamation screen (!) appears release Volume Down.
Now tap Volume Up / Volume Down / Power / Volume Up...
The spinning gears will show and your phone will reset.
Unless you remember the password it is all you can do.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/381086-how-do-i-unlock-my-microsoft-lumia-640-screen-lock.html
Relevancy 52.03%

My Microsoft lumia 535 phone now charges very slowly. Also, the Microsoft phone charger that came with it has stopped charging it (the charger is still working fine because i have tested it on other phones). Recently i have been left with no choice but charge it with a samsung ipad charger or i use a USB cord to connect to my desktop or laptop, though not all USB cord is working with it. Also now selective with USB cords.
The problem started after my phone battery completely drained out flat. Since then, charging my phone has been an uphill task.
Pls help. It is affecting my communication as my phone is down most of the time now

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443373-why-my-microsoft-lumia-535-phone-now-selecting-chargers.html
Relevancy 52.03%

i have forgetten the passward of microsoft account in lumia 520 as now i am unable to install the whatsapp .. what to do

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438294-i-have-forgetten-passward-microsoft-account-lumia-520-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all
My microsoft charger is suddenly not charging my phone and my phone is taking too long to charge if its dies at all, with other chargers. It has also started going off spontaneously....anyone knows what the problem could be? Is it my charger/charging system or software problem? And how do I deal with it?
Thanks
Sophi

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/437719-my-microsoft-lumia-535-phone-wont-charge.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Previously used this phone with Zune on my now-deceased PC with Windows XP (although even that took a while to establish). Now have an HP laptop with Windows 7 but Zune consistently refuses to recognize it and just comes up with the usual 'disconnect, turn off and reconnect'. I have downloaded both Microsoft Fixes and neither of them find anything wrong; I have uninstalled/reinstalled countless times; I have been into my certificates and made changes and/or deletions - and I m now simply running out of options ...and patience if I'm honest.

Almost all the internet advice suggests the fix is easy. Would the fact I've worked on this for over a month now suggest I am a one-off?!!!

A Google search revealed that there are many people who have had the same problem still unresolved after two years or so - just as often with other Windows Phones rather than Nokia. Can anyone help please?

A:Microsoft Zune will not recognize my Nokia Lumia 800...

Any luck with this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microsoft-zune-will-not-recognize-my-nokia-lumia-800.186486/
Relevancy 52.03%

Basically I want to run the MT4 software platform on a phone. Should I buy a new Microsoft mobile? I currently have am iPhone but would like to be able to spend time on my mobile phone working with the MT4 platform. Any help and advice would be most welcome. Thank you in advance.

A:Can I run the MT4 trading software on a new Microsoft 10 Lumia phone?

You need an iPhone or Android phone. Not Windows.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443515-can-i-run-mt4-trading-software-new-microsoft-10-lumia-phone.html
Relevancy 52.03%

why my Microsoft lumia 535 windows phone will not ring when there is whatsapp/skype call and the screen is locked? Though I have a WiFi connection and have reinstalled both these apps. I guess you guys better help me with this or am moving to android phone....ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

A:Microsoft lumia 535 windows phone will not ring

Do you have battery saver turned on? Or have these apps been blocked from running in the background? Kindly register/login with your account and post more details.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443264-microsoft-lumia-535-windows-phone-will-not-ring.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello. I have a Microsoft Lumia 640 XL since March and after a very short time the secondary camera seems to bug me. Every time I am trying to switch between the main one and the secondary it keeps showing me "SOMETHING WENT WRONG". I have even factory reset the phone and nothing good happened. Is there anyone that could help me? Please!

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436826-microsoft-lumia-640-xl-secondary-camera-issues.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I got locked out of my phone because i turned it off. And without any warning, the bitlocker screen has locked me out. I am really pissed off now. This isn't the first time us windows phone users have had a complaint. Now you are really asking us to buy phones from other companies.

A:Bitlocker Lumia 640xl windows 10 what is going on? Really microsoft?

https://www.jayway.com/2015/12/11/re...ows-10-mobile/

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/439035-bitlocker-lumia-640xl-windows-10-what-going-really-microsoft.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I was watching YouTube on my phone and it just shut off and a red light appeared at the top left and my phone wont turn on. What does it mean?

A:Why is there a red light at the top left of my Microsoft lumia 950xl?

could be because of low battery , connect the phone to a charger and wait for phone to reboot normally.
If you need additional help or want to reply to this thread , learn how to join windows central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443792-why-there-red-light-top-left-my-microsoft-lumia-950xl.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I don't think this is limited by hardware since the lumia camera seems better.It could be a nice option if you want to take pictures of night sky or a lighting storm.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435397-why-dont-microsoft-add-longer-exposure-time-lumia-950-like-lg-g4-example.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Microsoft Lumia 950XL repeatedly getting hanged after latest cumulative update. Am i the only one facing this issue ? Does anyone have a solution to this ? This hanging happens every time i unlock the device, more often at lower battery levels, Tried the factory reset once (as suggested by Microsoft India) nothing changes. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Regards,
Ashutosh Arya

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443310-microsoft-lumia-950xl-repeatedly-getting-hanged.html
Relevancy 51.6%
A:how to sing out of microsoft account from windows phone 8 ..lumia

Please ignore.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/444954-how-sing-out-microsoft-account-windows-phone-8-lumia.html
Relevancy 51.6%

i used my friend account to download some thing and now i can't because he changed his password account what i can do do delete his account from my phone ?

A:how can i delete microsoft account from my phone nokia lumia 520

You have to factory reset the phone. It's the only way.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/324544-how-can-i-delete-microsoft-account-my-phone-nokia-lumia-520-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Will Microsoft still support (like new updates or firmwares) the Lumia devices in the future or when the Surface Phone arrive?

A:Will Microsoft still support the old lumia devices when 2017 arrives?

Yes for sure!! microsoft will support lumia devices(Windows 10). Surface phone will run the same OS as Lumia.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440949-will-microsoft-still-support-old-lumia-devices-when-2017-arrives.html