Windows Support Forum

Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372

Q: Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372

Version Build is the one I am running I don't know what happened but it is just stuck there at I tried several solutions that I found on this forum and googling around but no success so far The main two that I tried several times were ---- ---- stopping the wuauserv by going into CMD as an administrator and running net stop wuauserv then deleting all the files in C Windows SoftwareDistribution then restarting the service and requesting the update again but still at even after leaving my computer on for a couple of days ----- ------- the second one was using the quot Update troubleshooter quot from windows which is linked both here and in the Microsoft Forums but that didn't do anything I tried to do both by doing slight variations during the process such 14372 update STUCK Build Version 10.0.14372 Windows AT 0% as stopping restarting the bits service after stopping restarting the Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372 wuauserv first method or restarting the computer before running the commands But no success yet I don't feel reinstalling windows and installing all my programs again since I am crunching hours trying to finish a project and the only reasons why I am desperate to fix this problem is because I am getting a warning saying that my PC will restart every few hours If I don't solve this issue You can see the Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372 screenshots below first image is the stuck at screenshot - second image is the warning from windows saying that my pc will restart every few hours

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/64527-windows-update-stuck-0-version-10-0-14372-build-14372-a.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows update STUCK AT 0% Version 10.0.14372 Build 14372

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 98.27%

Microsoft today released Windows build to the Fast ring for both PC and Mobile The news comes just a day after releasing build for PCs As we get closer to the release build 14372 announces Windows the Microsoft to for ring and PC Mobile Fast 10 of the Anniversary Update next month we can expect builds to become more stable while omitting new features Combined with the fact that we got a new build so recently it s no surprise that there s not much new in today s build Mainly the new build offers a new extension for Microsoft Edge Evernote Web Clipper for Microsoft Edge Clip the web pages you want to keep Save them in Evernote and easily find them on any device Visit our extensions page at the Microsoft Edge Dev website to learn more and try it out for yourself Dona Sarkar also wants to Microsoft announces Windows 10 build 14372 for PC and Mobile to the Fast ring thank everyone for participating in the Bug Bash Insiders completed Quests and filed pieces of feedback If you re on the Fast ring you can get build by checking for updates If not you can sign up for the Fast ring on PCs by going to Windows Update - gt Advanced options turning on Insider builds and when the PC reboots setting it to the Fast ring For Mobile you ll need the Windows Insider app nbsp

A:Microsoft announces Windows 10 build 14372 for PC and Mobile to the Fast ring

Hi,

I found temporary ESD download links for build 14372

Download
DISM++ and ESD Decrypter

Use decrypt-esddecrypt to decrypt ESD to ISO.

Regards,
Kardo

https://malwaretips.com/threads/microsoft-announces-windows-10-build-14372-for-pc-and-mobile-to-the-fast-ring.60846/
Relevancy 94.55%

I seem to have something no one else has but need to find an answer if at all possible With Build I got one of those quot How do you want to open this file quot messages I tried to get and Build .b8527aa 14372 Anomoly 14371 a snippet of it but no way The minute I clicked on the Snipping Tool it disappeared So I can only describe what Build 14371 and 14372 Anomoly .b8527aa came up How do you want to open this file Look for an app in the Store More apps with a down arrow Always use this app to open b aa files I chose the down arrow and then chose Word From that point every time I booted I got Simrick and I worked with it last night changed it to Notepad and got We searched with Google and Bing but neither could find anything related to b aa or the full name of adedcb b aa What I've also Done Ran sfc scannow three times with a reboot between each scan Nothing was found Ran DISM Online Cleanup-Image CheckHealth Nothing was found Ran DISM Online Cleanup-Image RestoreHealth Nothing was found It just occurred to me that I should run Windows Defender and Malwarebytes I'll do that after this message is posted Do any of you have any other suggestions

A:Build 14371 and 14372 Anomoly .b8527aa

Will just add here that the file is located at appdata-roaming sub-folder named acf0a6.
Something is calling this file at each boot, but nothing shows in Startup tasks that I could find.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/54319-build-14371-14372-anomoly-b8527aa.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Hi,
I updated Windows 14371 to 14372 the other day, and haven't had much thought to check Outlook as it was the weekend.
Today, when I went to open Outlook 2016, and create a new email, I started typing the contacts name, and nothing appeared, so I went to check the Contacts section in Outlook 2016, and all my contacts were gone.
All my emails are there in my inbox, and other folders have everything still, just the contacts are going?!!?!?
Don't get it, never had any issues with this before in other inside builds.
Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a solution?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/54620-updated-14371-14372-contacts-outlook-2016-suddenly-gone.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all, I have a dell xps 13 2015 touch screen. It started an insider build update on Windows 10 a week or two back and is still stuck on 80%, howner can i fix this? Please send help.

A:Windows 10 insider build update stuck on 80%

The Insider Previews aren't stable releases they are test builds... you shouldn't use them on a primary machine. If you need to recover files follow this guide:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/data-recovery-using-fedora/ 
You can download Windows 10 and clean install:
http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/ 
If you want to remain on the Insider Preview. Use the Insider Preview .iso:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19995927
Relevancy 74.82%

Fails to Upgrade to Windows 10 v.1511, 10586

Firstly, I have bought a Laptop which including Windows 10 OEM from factory then I add SSD and Clone HHD which have a licence (all of disk to SSD). After that, I have been trying to up version to be 10586, during updating version in update sitting were normally and done by no any problem then it needed to restart and I did it. After windows has restarted show message as the figure The version in my laptop still shows the old version, so I tried to solved the problem by reading this Fails to Upgrade to Windows 10 v.1511, 10586 (Nov.update)! that have a same problem. However, I could not fix this problem.

How can it fix it out. (Even my laptop has been remoted by Microsoft support for 2 hour that he tried to fix but he could not as well)

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/53962-windows-10-build-1511-10586-update-version-fail.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have been trying for a full week now, to no avail. Whenever I apply the update, it goes to the "Restarting" screen...and gets stuck there indefinitely. Even after a few hours, it's still on that screen. So ultimately I have to force shutdown my PC (after which I can use it as per normal). I also do not believe I have any malware on my PC (have scanned multiple times with Kaspersky just to be sure).

I had updated to Windows 8 > 8.1 > 10 on this same PC before and never faced a single issue. I also never mess around much with default system settings.

Meanwhile, for my laptop, the update went extremely smoothly.

So can someone please help me out here?

Thanks!

A:Windows 10 fails to update to version 1511 (10586), always gets stuck

Originally Posted by himmatsj

I have been trying for a full week now, to no avail. Whenever I apply the update, it goes to the "Restarting" screen...and gets stuck there indefinitely. Even after a few hours, it's still on that screen. So ultimately I have to force shutdown my PC (after which I can use it as per normal). I also do not believe I have any malware on my PC (have scanned multiple times with Kaspersky just to be sure).

I had updated to Windows 8 > 8.1 > 10 on this same PC before and never faced a single issue. I also never mess around much with default system settings.

Meanwhile, for my laptop, the update went extremely smoothly.

So can someone please help me out here?

Thanks!

Disable (preferrably uninstall) your Antivirus utility before attempting the upgrade.Restart a few times then try again.Disable General USB Devices (example - Smart Card Reader).If you are using a SCSI hard disk, make sure you have drivers available for your storage device on a thumdrive and it is connected. During Windows 10 setup, click the Custom Advanced Option and use the Load Driver command to load the appropriate driver for the SCSI drive. If this does not work and setup still fails, consider switching to a IDE based hard disk.Perform a clean boot, restart then try again.If you are upgrading using the .ISO file, disconnect from the Internet during setup, if you are connected by LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi, disable both then attempt setup again.If you are updating through Windows Update, when the download reaches 100% disconnect from the Internet LAN (Ethernet) or Wi-Fi then proceed with the installation.If that does not work, try using the .ISO file to upgrade if possible.If you are connected to a domain, switch to a local account.If you have any external devices attached to the machine, disconnect them (example, gaming controllers, USB keys, external hard disk, printers, non-essential devices).
Copied from http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...2-b1201f735683

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36018-windows-10-fails-update-version-1511-10586-always-gets-stuck.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi I have a Packard Bell OneTwo S It 10240 10 build Can't Anniversary on install update, stuck Windows came factory installed with W I upgraded to W last year after difficulty - upgrading to W via Windows update would Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 not work kept installing to a certain percentage then would reboot to a blank screen and freeze indefinitely I needed Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 to power off Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240 then on restart it would roll back to W This happened repeatedly despite trying all sorts - clean boots uninstalling antivirus and updating drivers etc I finally installed W using Media creation tool Everything ran fine But when the big update came in Novmember that failed to in the same way as above however all other monthly windows updates install fine Windows update never tried to push the Nov update on me again - I'm still on build now I was prompted to install the anniversary update by Windows update last week but that also failed in the same way as above Download ok and begins installing fine then at some point after complete I get the blank screen indefinitely and have to power off then it reverts back to W build Having checked Packard Bell website my model is not supported by Packard Bell for W and they are not providing any drivers for it This may explain the problems Can anyone suggest how to find out what the problem is and if there is a solution I've tried looking in Update history for error codes but there is none it doesn't even show an attempt to install the anniversary update Like i said every other monthly update since last year installs fine its just the big builds that won't Thanks

A:Can't install Windows 10 Anniversary update, stuck on build 10240

Hi, simplest answer is avoid windows update and create the appropriate bootable medium or iso and use it as you did before.
As you know plenty of people have this sort of problem.

Note that the upgrade can introduce new issues for some (search the net), and some are delaying because of that. Older machines like yours could well exhibit such problems. So before you make this change, I recommend you create a disk image of your existing setup - a procedure you should do routinely anyway- to give another way of restoring your system.
E.g. Macrium Reflect (free) + its boot medium + external storage for images.

It's best to have a physical bootable medium as it covers all of:
a. if you need to repeat the installation
b. as a bootable medium for recovery options
c. in case you need to do an in-place upgrade repair install

without taking up disk space.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/61022-cant-install-windows-10-anniversary-update-stuck-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on?

A:Stuck on Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002)

Originally Posted by GoghUA I seem to be stuck on Windows Insider build 14342 (Version 1511 OS Build 14342.1002). Since this build was installed, I haven't gotten any other insider builds.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I want to avoid having to reinstall if possible.
Is there a way to manually install build 14352, the one that followed the one I'm stuck on? you can use the ISO files to get the newer version Windows 10 PC Insider preview build 14366 ISO files now available for download | Windows Central

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/430128-stuck-insider-build-14342-version-1511-os-build-14342-1002-a.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey, I cannot update to the latest build of Windows 10. I'm still stuck at build 10240.

Can anyone help me to update without having to reinstall programs, apps etc.?

A:Stuck on build 10240, can't update to 1151 November update.

HAM0511
You do not mention what error you get trying to update. Can you provide your Computer model and  message you get when you try updating to the latest Windows 10 version?
Below is a link that may help you get it installed.
How to Upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1511
For me to better assist in troubleshooting, please click my DELL-Jesse L and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your Dell Order number.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4997/t/19679023
Relevancy 68.37%

Running build 10240 right now,can I take build updates from another computer and install on mine? My data plan is getting a good workout with windows 10, ran over last month and got a $15.00 charge. any suggestion on this?

Z

A:Update to new build version

On one of the other computers, convert the ESD file (search C: drive for *.ESD) to ISO file - you can use that to install it on the computer you are talking about. Make sure and make an image of 10240 so you can go back to it before the insider builds expire.

Oops forgot the link....
ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/25153-update-new-build-version.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I am on build 14393 and I am trying to update to 14905 or 14915, but when computer restarts after trying to update I get a message that windows is rolling back to previous version (my version 14393), without making the update. I tried through windows update, i tried also downloading the iso and update windows via iso and i tried updating via windows media creation tool. All efforts had the same result, which was rolling back to version 14393. Any thoughts? Must be a minimum hard drive space available? Cause i have 55 to 60 GB free disk space.

A:Stuck on build 14393: cannot update

Is your version 14393 an Insider version?? If not you can not update to 14905 or 14915.These versions are exclusively, for now at least, reserved for the Insider. The standard version (official general release) is 14393.105 .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/62473-stuck-build-14393-cannot-update.html
Relevancy 66.22%

These are the latest changes of the new builds Never expire anymore A consumer paid product 14.0.2.274) 2014 Update 2 Version Avira (beta build: will no longer remain without updates after the product is no longer licensed It continues to get updates product and signature and Real-time protection while reminding the user that he has to renew the license All other services remain disabled Usability After installation start the updater by default in silent mode After installation start the on demand scanner by default in minimized mode After installation don t show the Welcome slideup If an installation via Webloader is interrupted the user is asked if he intends to resume later In this case the downloaded files are kept until the user decides to no longer continue the installation If an installation via Setup full kit or webloader is interrupted the user is asked if he wants to resume later If an installation is interrupted because of a reboot required by the Incompatible software removal Avira Version 2014 Update 2 (beta build: 14.0.2.274) then the installation is going to be resumed automatically after reboot Detection Integrate the Avira URL Cloud in LocalDecider used in Advanced Real-time protection and Quick System Scan This will block files downloaded from the Internet if the Avira s URL cloud detects them as suspicious Bug fixes Improvements in stability of WebProtection and Mail Protection Improvements in speed of WebProtection Fixes in Real-time protection nbsp

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avira-version-2014-update-2-beta-build-14-0-2-274.20264/
Relevancy 65.79%

I have looked at various quot solutions quot through Google seeing various threads here on MS forum and Reddit I tried the MS media tool and got the same error as Solved Windows Pro version update fails multiple times - Page - Windows Forums I tried a MS post http answers microsoft com en-us w -fc b stopping starting the services catroot one said access denied another either didn't say anything or was already stopped started which seemed to just remove the entry from the Windows Update window After that it downloaded and wound up just being stuck again at while I slept Windows is on my SSD There is nothing special about my computer used for general and gaming use hours 1511, stuck 10586 25% update My version 5-6 at for own All I have connected are the basics USB keyboard mouse webcam mic monitor non USB My own version 1511, 10586 update stuck at 25% for 5-6 hours headset I just have Windows Defender and basic Malwarebytes manual updates and scans as anti-virus on my computer This only started to do the forced restarts without my able to change dates a couple days ago I have had defer updates on since installing Windows a year ago being notified I have tried sfc scannow update troubleshooter which can't find a problem Updating post after I try the Tech Bench method edit - I also have GB free on the SSD edit - I am redoing the MS tool I first redid the MS forum post of stopping those services but I didn't turn them back My own version 1511, 10586 update stuck at 25% for 5-6 hours on still have access denied on catroot and I had to delete the My own version 1511, 10586 update stuck at 25% for 5-6 hours old folder before renaming another to quot old quot Currently the Windows Setup is on quot Getting Updates quot passing I don't remember if I got this far before

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/52367-my-own-version-1511-10586-update-stuck-25-5-6-hours.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Do someone knows how can I resolve this?

A:Stuck in login interface after build update

Originally Posted by Francislaw

Hello,

Windows 10 proposed me to update my Windows 10 build 10xxx to 14xxx ( xxx means parts I don't remember ). The update has sucessfuly completed, computer restarted and the login screen was displayed.

I was typing my correct password but windows was sending me at the lock screen all the time without any reason or message. I deleted the password via cmd in Windows Installer. Now it still happens but it just don't ask for the password, reloading the lock screen in loop, like you can see on this video:

Windows10 bug - YouTube

Hi Francislaw and welcome to the Ten forums!

I found some similar behavior on other forums and it looks like disconnecting USB mouse helps.
So, if you have USB mouse connected, disconnect it and then run diagnostic and updates.

Edit: disconnect anything on USB...

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello,

Windows10 bug - YouTube

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63209-stuck-login-interface-after-build-update.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Fixes & Improvements

Core: Detection of CVE-2012-0151 vulnerability.
Setup: Fixed issue with setup failing on corrupted AVG installation files.
Setup: Driver uninstallation was fixed to work properly on corrupted driver as well.
Setup: Setup now includes a new dialog to opt for Toolbar and Search provider.
Setup: During AVG uninstallation you can opt to keep browsing protection installed (Toolbar, Secure Search, and LinkScanner).

http://www.avg.com/us-en/avg-release-notes

Download (AVG FREE Online Installer)
Download (AVG AntiVirus trial)
Download (AVG Internet Security trial)

A:AVG Anti-Virus 2013 Version: 13.0 Build 2740a5822 Update

AVG Anti-Virus 2013 Version: 13.0 Build 2741a5824 just released:

Download Page (AVG FREE)
Download Page (AVG Antivirus)
Download Page (AVG Internet Security)

Enjoy!!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/avg-anti-virus-2013-version-13-0-build-2740a5822-update.10659/
Relevancy 65.36%

its been already a week (23rd Aug 2016) yet i am not getting the already released Anniversary update on my device. I have already tried to get it with Upgrade adviser but no success. I don't want to get it through insider program, thanks Shariff !

A:when will lumia 950xl (india) get anniversary update? which build version?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question its been already a week (23rd Aug 2016) yet i am not getting the already released Anniversary update on my device. I have already tried to get it with Upgrade adviser but no success. I don't want to get it through insider program, thanks Shariff ! what build are you on currently? You can check in settings > system > about > OS build
The statement from MS said it will roll out by region, model and time zone over the next few weeks. It's been a week since it released publicly and a few people have received it while many others haven't
So try to have patience
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/436763-when-will-lumia-950xl-india-get-anniversary-update-build-version.html
Relevancy 64.93%

A few weeks ago MS Released build As I'm on the fast ring got and installed the build Then it released But installations would always fail It would show me the installation process and then restart as it usually would roll on cannot build update, back stuck 14901: cannot However after logging in I would see that I'm still on build A minute stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back later there would be a popup message saying that quot some updates were not installed select this message for more details quot None were given when I did I thought I'd just wait for the next build stuck on build 14901: cannot update, cannot roll back that it was a problem with But now that the next build is out I still keep running into the same problem Unfortunately I cannot uninstall updates update history is empty nor can I roll back to the previous build through advanced startup quot there was a problem rolling back to your previous build try resetting this PC first quot I currently cannot afford to reset this PC is there another way

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/62259-stuck-build-14901-cannot-update-cannot-roll-back.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My MSi laptop is stuck in the aptio setup utility and if i turn my laptop off or try to exit, it will return to the same screen. It has been like this since i updated it to windows 10. please help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/585503/msi-ms-1759-ge70-2qe-stuck-in-aptio-setup-utility-version-2161243-after-update/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi everyone After not recieving the AU from Microsoft I took a look at winver I noticed that my PC has never received or installed an update since the original Windows build Version or build I began to investigated and noticed that Cumulative Update KB keeps trying 10 (build 10240) update to original Windows build from Unable to install however Windows Update always fails to install this update giving me this error quot There were problems installing some updates but we'll try again later If you keep seeing this and Unable to update from Windows 10 original build (build 10240) want to search the web or contact support for information this may help quot No error code is provided I took a look at setuperr log within the Windows BT folder and this is the only error present Error SP CSetupPlatform ResurrectNewSystem Cannot resurrect new system Win Exception C Windows BT Sources NewSystem dat The system cannot find the file specified x thiscall UnBCL FileStream FileStream const class UnBCL String enum UnBCL FileMode enum UnBCL FileAccess enum UnBCL FileShare unsigned long gle x I would really appreciate if anyone could help me out with this issue as i'd like to move up to the AU - Please let me know if you need any more info Thanks

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63725-unable-update-windows-10-original-build-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I purchased Windows 10 a few months ago and have had problems upgrading to the new builds 1511 and 1608 since then, installation always freezes at 93% and I haven't had any luck using Microsoft support.

I'd like to have the latest build and thinking a fresh install might be my best option, if I download Windows 10 from the website onto a USB drive, what version will I have?

Also, I assume my Windows 10 product key will work on the new builds ok?

I'm hoping this will fix the problems I've had to date.
Thanks in advance for any comments.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/55027-windows-10-iso-build-version.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hello all.
Running windows 10 pro 64 bit.
I've updated from Version 1511 to the anniversary update, 1607.
Or at least, I thought I did.
The update went well, no hiccups, no errors. Used windows update, let it downloaded and install and rebooted. Alas, system still shows OS Version 1511.
Used update again, same thing, rebooted, 1511.
Went to the windows site, downloaded the windows10upgrade9252.exe, ran it, same exact issue, rebooted, still showing version 1511.
Error logs show no issues. Disabled all external drives, turned off anti-virus, etc, repeated, rinsed, rebooted, still version 1511.
Only think I've not done is burned an ISO to DVD and updated from that.
Any clues as to what's going on?
Thanks!
Nelson Davis

A:windows 10 update from version 1511 to 1607 anniversary update - does not update

Can you check to see what OS version you have? Check in settings > system > OS build. It should show something like 14393.5 or 14393.10

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/434091-windows-10-update-version-1511-1607-anniversary-update-does-not-update.html
Relevancy 59.77%

So basically, my windows updated itself to the Anniversary when i turned of my PC. But guess what: The update itself was fine, but when it was done nothing realy worked. So I read in some forums, that you could downgrade to the older version again so I did it. But now nothing works anymore. I cant open settings, so I can't even grade back up to the anniversary version. Also not all of my programms work. I also downloaded the Windows-10-Upgrade Assistant, but it didnt work.
Also the windows troubleshooter didnt work for me.
Can anybody help me please?
Adrian

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/439815-why-am-i-stuck-windows-version.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I was hoping that by posting this diagnostics report I may get some help with my Windows Build This version Build 7 a genuine This 7601 is Windows version not is not genuine error I have a recycled Windows 7 Build 7601 This is not a genuine version Dell laptop I bought from a medical company that was updating their hardware and according to the seller the version of Windows that was installed is authentic This laptop used to have Vista installed on it He upgraded it to Windows before selling it to me I do not have a copy of Windows to attempt a reinstall of the OS I tried reactivating Windows but it doesn't like the product key I have on this laptop either Thanks for any help you can offer I'm not very technical and at a loss Code Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - -M DJT- J WC- WD Windows Product Key Hash xo ajVSpae VoZjS m JL f A Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID DDEE B E-D - F-B D-F BC F F A Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Professional Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt DDEE B E-D - F-B D-F BC F F A lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - WD lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Latitude D lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Dell Inc lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt A lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt BC C FA lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Central Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt DELL lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt M lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Professional edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID e f -a fa- b - fd-f e da Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink ... Read more

A:Windows 7 Build 7601 This is not a genuine version

I am by no means a licensing expert, but from what I gather, this:

Quote:
Windows License Type: OEM SLP

means that Windows should have been pre-installed on said laptop by the OEM (Dell), which is not the case as you've pointed out. Purchase a copy of Windows 7 and perform a clean installation.

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304434-windows-7-build-7601-not-genuine-version.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Open Run (Win Key +R), and type in

Winver

Enter

A Guy

A:Windows 8 CP Build Version and expiration date

1/15/2013

This just made the rest of my year look a little better. Thank you, sir.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/4195-windows-8-cp-build-version-expiration-date.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Since 10586.71 has installed I have lost Metro altogether and Cortana will set alarms but not activate/announce them at the given times.

A:Windows 10 version 1511 build 10586.71

Originally Posted by paitchison

Since 10586.71 has installed I have lost Metro altogether and Cortana will set alarms but not activate/announce them at the given times.

Check for Updates. I just got a Cumulative Update resulting in installing 10586.104.

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/40286-windows-10-version-1511-build-10586-71-a.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Everytime I try and updated or patch a problem on my computer I get this message (Version of Source build is not target build) and I'm unable to download repairs. What can I do I have tried a few things but same message.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90827-Updates-issue-version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 58.48%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Satellite-P50-A09M-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 58.48%

hi,
every time i install windows 10 version 1511 o.s. build 10586.545 and reboot,
i get a INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE error and i have had to do a fresh install of windows 10 (using the repair tools.)
so i have no dump files but it seems to happen when the video card takes over control of the graphics for windows.
the one thing i do want to point out is i do have a Nvidia raid 1 setup on that box.
thanks
Nathan Saunders

NIMITZ-Sat_08_20_2016__03813_59.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60879-windows-10-version-1511-o-s-build-10586-545-inaccessable_boot_device.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey everyone, just got a new computer, downloaded the Netflix app but for some reason it's stuck on the old interface and not the new Windows 10 interface, I can't figure out why?
Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it?

A:Netflix stuck on Windows 8 build?

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question Hey everyone, just got a new computer, downloaded the Netflix app but for some reason it's stuck on the old interface and not the new Windows 10 interface, I can't figure out why?
Anyone else having this issue or know how to fix it? you're on windows 10, right?
Use the store app to get the netflix app
If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-8/431229-netflix-stuck-windows-8-build.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME!

A:Why am i stuck on windows build 10240???

Originally Posted by Windows Central Question I have tried just about every method out there!
I have been getting the automatic downloads and restarts since I purchased the computer and never once did I question it.
Then I hear about this "anniversary update" and all the new features and I think "well I want that, lemme get it."
Turns out I'M STILL ON THE SAME VERSION THAT I WAS WHEN I PURCHASED THE FREAKIN THING! Also, when I check update history, THE DAMNED THING HASN'T UPDATED A SINGLE TIME! i dont know whats wrong with your system , but i can show you a way to get Anniversary update . Download Media creation tool, make a bootable disc and when you boot from disc it will give to 2 options > upgrade your computer & >fresh install. choose whichever you prefer .
OR you can use the update utility form the microsoft website to force update your system to AU
Media creation tool will get you the latest AU update build i.e. 14393.10 :)

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/434685-why-am-i-stuck-windows-build-10240-a.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Feeling hyped?

Looks like Mobile Insiders have a treat I'm proud to announce that the final build of Windows 10 Mobile is set to release this December.

Here's a few quotes:

Users of Lumia 550, 950XL and 950 smartphones already use Windows 10 Mobile, but the company has promised that the other users of Lumia devices will be getting this new OS in December, with Poland touted to be among the first recipients. According to a report by Tech Times, Polish users of Lumia 630, 635, 640, 735 and 830 will receive the new Windows 10 Mobile OS as from December 14. However, the report also adds that this is only confirmed for the users of Orange mobile

Source: Microsoft Rolls Out Windows 10 Mobile Preview, Final Version Coming this December - Neurogadget.com

However this build is only available to those who have the Denim builds of Lumia.

A:Final Version of Windows 10 Mobile Build Set to Release in December.

In posts like this it is extremely important to link to the source. Without a source, anyone could write whatever claiming it to be valid news when it instead could only be the OP's fantasy.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/31908-final-version-windows-10-mobile-build-set-release-december.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Although its small and trivial, it bothers me a lot and it ruins the mood any wall paper puts out for me. How do i remove it?
http://i.imgur.com/d6d2kXA.png?1
(its at the bottom right)

A:Windows 8.1 Build XXXX stuck on desktop

That happens when your OS is not activated. You can confirm this by pressing Windows key+S and typing "PC Info". Select it. At the bottom of the information it will tell you something like "Windows is not Activated" or "Windows is Activated"

if it's not activated Microsoft wants you to provide the key to activate your OS.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/58560-windows-8-1-build-xxxx-stuck-desktop.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have been searching for awnsers but only found similar problems but not the same Heres my story I have a windows XP Home Edition Version We stoped using it in I belive and then I decided I would set it up This was in Home 2002 zoom! in Version Edition Windows XP Stuck or and I got it running Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Stuck in zoom! about a month later I was messing with the zoom or resolution or something and it zoomed to the middle of the screen to the point were I was virtually unable to navigate It took up the whole screen and didnt move so I restarted it and then decided to pack it away Once again I took it out to find out the screen was damaged and it was StILL zoomed in in so I Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Stuck in zoom! pulled out a old moniter A tube Moniter and it worked fine except it was STILL zoomed in And I couldnt figure it out I tried controll O and I tried Controll And scroll out and I tried to navigate to change resolution and tried to zoom out but couldnt navigate I Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Stuck in zoom! was going to restore to factory settings but I dont have the disc and I am running out of ideas Please help nbsp

Relevancy 57.19%

P50-A09M running Windows 10 64b

Trying to update my Toshiba Video Play to version V5.3.50.2 from V5.3.27.102-A

All I get is Version of source build is not target build.

Tried both ways dnloaded the Window 10 update and via the Toshiba Service Store, the Service Store gives you the wrong info to delete the old one, totally wrong as you have no Video Player to update, had to use a system restore to get it back, the build in backup version V5.3.27.102-A
will not install comes up to delete it all the time ??

Ive seem many post regarding this error; Version of source build is not target build but No answers.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91864-Version-of-source-build-is-not-target-build
Relevancy 56.76%

Windows Update keeps trying to update Office I have a trial version of Office that came with my computer I do not want it at this time but I may want it at some point in the future I don t know if it can be hidden from the Windows update but if not I am not sure how to fully get rid of it It has never been quot installed quot Windows update fails every time of course because it isn t now nor has it ever been installed The biggest problem is that it keeps trying to apply the same updates over and over and over trial version Tries of update Update Windows to Office It slows down the shutdown as it repeats the attempt s times before each shutdown and also it keeps downloading the same and or other Windows Updates for Office - Can Windows Update be configured to leave my Trial version of Office alone - If not how can I get rid of the Office trial version Obviously uninstall is out of the question - Once it is gone do I need to do anything with regards to Windows Update Windows XP SP Compaq Presario AMD Athlon XP MB Ram Thank Windows Update Tries to update trial version of Office you nbsp

A:Windows Update Tries to update trial version of Office

If you uninstall the "enhanced" Windows update, it should only try to update Windows, not other Microsoft applications.

Why is uninstalling Office 2003 not possible?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-tries-to-update-trial-version-of-office.496466/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have windows 8.1 and I started my windows uodate yesterday at 9 pm. It took almost 45 mins fir the uodates to download then I clicked in installing the updates. Since 9:45 pm last night the installation is stuck on 25 out 67 updates and the update that has been installing is the windows malicious software tool. Its almost 12 hrs now. I even tried stopping the installation and restarting the ststem. But before restarting the installation process has started again. Please help to reaolve the issue

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443333-why-window-update-stuck-windows-malicious-software-tool-update.html
Relevancy 55.9%

So I'm having some problems with Windows Update this is my parent's computer and I do scan regularly with Avast and Malwarebytes- no threats I go to update Windows Updates and it just stays on the loading screen with progress however from time to stuck at Windows screen, Update update Java can't loading time I notice when I go to shut Windows Update stuck at loading screen, can't update Java down the computer I get one of those icons on my shut down button Windows Update stuck at loading screen, can't update Java that you sometimes get from updates so I don't know what's going on I get that icon and at shut down it says updates of are installing do not turn off your computer but then after reboot when I go back to Windows Updates it's now less so I had updates now I have but I still never saw the progress bar nothing there was no indication that updates were being installed it was always at I waited over hours- almost all day I'm just confused and now it's saying I have updates and again it's just stuck at the loading screen no progress can anyone help me out with this My dad said he also noticed the computer running a bit slow even boot up is slow Also Java I cannot get it to install I get the pop up window in my taskbar to install updates but when I click it nothing happens this I have problems with even on my personal laptop I can't ever seem to install Java updates because it won't open what is going on with this program Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you I just wanted to add that I'v also been experiencing some loading problems with webpages I keep getting an error page and some pages I can't load for a while it took me a very long time to be able to post here and took me a while to load google even sometimes they load ok but other times unable to load for some reason took a screenshot to show you maybe that has something to do with updates not being able to load and install

A:Windows Update stuck at loading screen, can't update Java

Computer freezes a lot and loads slowly as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-stuck-at-loading-screen-cant-update-java-1126201.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I can't figure out how to block a user in Windows Live Messenger Version 2011 Build 15.4.3538.513. I'm no novice with computers or the internet, and yet I can't find the option anywhere, not in preferences, or options, or privacy settings, or by right-clicking the user's name on my contact list or in the actual message window, nor a button or option in the window, nor by deleting the contact first from my list and attempting to Ignore/Block them afterwards as Yahoo does it. I tried to Google it too, to no avail. Googling it only gives me what looks to be an outdated answer that there's a Block and Allow list in Privacy options. It's not there anymore, not in this build! Anyone who has this build, the latest one I presume, please let me know the answer. Thanks!

A:I can't figure out how to block a user in Windows Live Messenger Version 2011 Build 15.4.3538.513

they got rid that feature, and my best advice is to appear offline to them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448052/i-cant-figure-out-how-to-block-a-user-in-windows-live-messenger-version-2011-build-1543538513/
Relevancy 55.9%

I'll cut right to the chase; I built my new computer and I'm installing Windows 7 for the first time. Its stuck on "Preparing your computer for first use".

Methods I've tried:
Startup Repair via Disk
Unplugging my disk driver
Resetting BIOS

Specs:
GTX 960
1TB WD HDD
Gigabyte H170M-D3H
16 GB Ram DDR4 Hyperx Fury

This is very frustrating and I really wanna get this up before Spring Break ends ;~;
Thanks in advance!

(P.S - I'm a new scrubbo to these kind of stuffs so sorry for any inconvenience :-( )

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393770-new-custom-build-windows-7-stuck-setup-preparing-you-computer.html
Relevancy 55.47%

hi i try to update the my windows 10 desktop Pc and iam getting the 0x80070005 error on windows update .. Also i had some ms office 2013 updates succesfully installed how do i fix it ?

And iam runing the
Code:
@echo off
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
subinacl /subdirectories %windir% /grant=administrators=f /grant=system=f
@Echo =========================
@Echo Finished.
@Echo =========================
@pause
which it updates the number of failed changes in the HKEY_Classes_Root is it normal ?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/52738-0x80070005-windows-update-cumulative-update-windows-10-version-151-a.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows update is stuck at 0%. I reset it to factory settings because I bought from some store that sold used computers. here are the things that I did. 1. I turn metered connections off as I read some problems came up with that still didn't work. 2. I did various things that did not do anything in command prompt like sfc/scannow but it said I had no problems. I tried troubleshooting windows update it shut off bits and other stuff but got stuck while restarting bits. now it is freezing when I try to activate anything in the control panel please help or should I just reset my computer.

A:Windows update stuck at 0% after trying to update it after i reset it to factory

I've found that the first set of Windows 8 updates takes forever to get past 0% Downloading. Just let it go for a couple hours.

Someone on Reddit described it as:

New installations of Windows 8 update certain system files in the background. The foreground "update" app can't get a lock on the update repository, so it just hangs until the background updating is done. It usually takes a couple of hours. Just wait it out.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/532494/windows-update-stuck-at-0-after-trying-to-update-it-after-i-reset-it-to-factory/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I can't install any of the update as it is checking forever i did a fresh install of windows Thanks Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code N A hr xc f Windows Product Key Hash hTNIwJxpoGVBaL Jbg CBGbQw Windows Product ID Type Windows for update 7 update. Windows stuck checking at License Type Retail Windows OS version ID Windows 7 update stuck at checking for update. AC C -DB - CB- C -E D E Is Windows 7 update stuck at checking for update. Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Ultimate Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By Windows 7 update stuck at checking for update. N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Google Chrome Application chrome exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt File Mismatch C Windows system wat watadminsvc exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat npwatweb dll Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watux exe Hr x File Mismatch C Windows system wat watweb dll Hr x Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt AC C -DB - CB- C -E D E lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - - VQ R lt PKey gt lt PID gt - - - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Hewlett-Packard lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt F C lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt E FF D FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt GMT Standard Time GMT lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt HPQOEM lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt SLIC-MPC lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R Ultimate edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R RETAIL channel Activation ID ac e a - cc - -a ff- ce fb b Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL SpcService Web Service Machine Certificate URL RacService Web Service Use License URL UseLicenseService Web Service Product Key Certificate URL PkcService Web Service Partial Product Key VQ R License Status Licensed Remaining Windows rearm count Trusted time AM Windows Activation Technologies-- gt HrOffline x HrOnline N A HealthStatus x Event Time Stamp N A ActiveX Not Registered - x Admin Service Not Registered - x HealthStatus Bitmask Output HWID Data-- gt HWID Hash ... Read more

A:Windows 7 update stuck at checking for update.

Lookin at that report,
There are at least 2 lines of data that i need.
Rerun the report please otherwise cant help you.
That comp did not come with that OS, please confirm if you have a dreamspark licence.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/396588-windows-7-update-stuck-checking-update.html
Relevancy 54.18%

The update in question is .netframework 3.5 I have tried the windows update fix it program and that didnt work. I have tried renaming the sofware folder in windows folder to old. but that does nothing.

I dont know what else to do.

I do not getting any error codes.

Attachment 251123

A:Windows 7 update stuck at preparing update.

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/274800-windows-7-update-stuck-preparing-update.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I bought a floor-model of a Toshiba Laptop from Office Depot-- it's definitely genuine specs in my info and the first day I get it I immediately begin uninstalling bloatware turning off unnecessary services and optimizing as I have done with every one of my laptops However is genuine" 7601 Periodic of "Windows This windows version 7 not Build after I finish my tune-ups I restart the computer and this message appears in the bottom right corner Code Periodic "Windows 7 Build 7601 This version of windows is not genuine" Diagnostic Report ----------------------------------------- Windows Validation Data-- gt Validation Code Cached Online Validation Code x Windows Product Key - - F HK-M P -W DQG Windows Product Key Hash Xs iQgVeo C sObJxS eu FuBPQ Windows Product ID -OEM- - Windows Product ID Type Windows License Type OEM SLP Windows OS version ID C A F A-B BC- B-AA Periodic "Windows 7 Build 7601 This version of windows is not genuine" E-BF DCFADB F Is Admin Yes TestCab x LegitcheckControl ActiveX N A hr x Signed By N A hr x Product Name Windows Home Premium Architecture x Build lab win sp gdr - TTS Error Validation Diagnostic Resolution Status N A Vista WgaER Data-- gt ThreatID s N A hr x Version N A hr x Windows XP Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x File Exists No Version N A hr x WgaTray exe Signed By N A hr x WgaLogon dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Notifications Data-- gt Cached Result N A hr x Version N A hr x OGAExec exe Signed By N A hr x OGAAddin dll Signed By N A hr x OGA Data-- gt Office Status N A OGA Version N A x Signed By N A hr x Office Diagnostics D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - D FF - - Browser Data-- gt Proxy settings N A User Agent Mozilla compatible MSIE Win Default Browser C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Download signed ActiveX controls Prompt Download unsigned ActiveX controls Disabled Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins Allowed Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe Disabled Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control Disabled Active scripting Allowed Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting Allowed File Scan Data-- gt Other data-- gt Office Details lt GenuineResults gt lt MachineData gt lt UGUID gt C A F A-B BC- B-AA E-BF DCFADB F lt UGUID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt OS gt lt OS gt lt Architecture gt x lt Architecture gt lt PKey gt - - - -W DQG lt PKey gt lt PID gt -OEM- - lt PID gt lt PIDType gt lt PIDType gt lt SID gt S- - - - - - lt SID gt lt SYSTEM gt lt Manufacturer gt TOSHIBA lt Manufacturer gt lt Model gt Satellite C D lt Model gt lt SYSTEM gt lt BIOS gt lt Manufacturer gt Insyde Corp lt Manufacturer gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt SMBIOSVersion major quot quot minor quot quot gt lt Date gt lt Date gt lt BIOS gt lt HWID gt A C FC lt HWID gt lt UserLCID gt lt UserLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt SystemLCID gt lt TimeZone gt Eastern Standard Time GMT- lt TimeZone gt lt iJoin gt lt iJoin gt lt SBID gt lt stat gt lt stat gt lt msppid gt lt msppid gt lt name gt lt name gt lt model gt lt model gt lt SBID gt lt OEM gt lt OEMID gt TOSINV lt OEMID gt lt OEMTableID gt TOSINV lt OEMTableID gt lt OEM gt lt GANotification gt lt MachineData gt lt Software gt lt Office gt lt Result gt lt Result gt lt Products gt lt Applications gt lt Office gt lt Software gt lt GenuineResults gt Spsys log Content x Licensing Data-- gt Software licensing service version Name Windows R HomePremium edition Description Windows Operating System - Windows R OEM SLP channel Activation ID d c e -c dd- -b f -f f d d Application ID c -d - d - e-d ec f f Extended PID - - - - - - - Installation ID Processor Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Machine Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Use License URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Product Key Certificate URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID Partial Product Key W DQG License Status Initial grace period Time remaining minute s day ... Read more

A:Periodic "Windows 7 Build 7601 This version of windows is not genuine"

Welcome to the Seven Forums, Kagamiseki.

My suggestion is that you revert to the original key that came preinstalled. Then phone up Microsoft and explain the matter that you have stated to them. They shall help you in activating the OS.

To the best of my knowledge this procedure has never failed in getting the OS activated if the Key was genuine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/229811-periodic-windows-7-build-7601-version-windows-not-genuine.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I just attempted to activate my new installation of Windows, but when manually entering the product key in System properties, it said that I could not use an update key to make a clean install. I then followed the tutorial here on the forum, and merged the MediaBootInstall file downloaded from that tut. Afterward I entered slmgr -rearm in an elevated CMD Prompt, which it said was successful.

After rebooting, I again tried to manually enter the key from System Properties, but it failed, and so I tried using the telephone number. After giving it the number groups on the activation window, it said that it couldn't verify them, and tried to switch me over to a live rep, but after it rang twice, it hung up.

Obviously, I will try again, but instead of perhaps going in circles, I wanted see if I had forgotten anything, or had done something wrong?

Relevancy 53.32%

When I run Windows Update on one of my PC's it tells me that I have 9 critical Windows updates to install for XP. If I select any one of them or all of them the following happens:
The download works with no problems. The install starts but when the progress bar shows that it's about half done I get an error message (see the attached file) telling me that the software I am trying to install has not passed Windows testing!!
Anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Relevancy 53.32%

I need help updating it, I haven't updated Windows 7 in a while, but I have left Windows Update/wauserv running for 12 hours but it hasn't done anything but get stuck and hog computer resources. I tried fixing it by using the Windows Fix it tool, the Windows Update trouble shooter, and using SFC /scannow, help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400940-my-version-windows-7-wont-update-me.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I need help updating it, I haven't updated Windows 7 in a while, but I have left Windows Update/wauserv running for 12 hours but it hasn't done anything but get stuck and hog computer resources. I tried fixing it by using the Windows Fix it tool, the Windows Update trouble shooter, and using SFC /scannow, help me?

A:My version of Windows 7 won't update for me.

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
Review this for an older existing updating issue,
Windows Update will not update and I've tried multiple fixes

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/400940-my-version-windows-7-wont-update-me.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i have windows 10 home edition on my hp 15. windows updates are set to install on auto on my computer. it updated my version from 1511 to 1607. the problem i have now is that when i put it to sleep, i have to power it off to wake it up, the wifi button is lit and is orange, but in the past it would be off and when i hit the enter button it would wake up . i know this is a issue with windows 10 but i had hopes to find help here, any help is appriecated.

A:windows 10 update to version 1607

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. You may need to update your drivers and adjust some settings in Windows in order to fix the issue. Here is more info: >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03383935>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03330139 Hope this works for you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/windows-10-update-to-version-1607/td-p/5730034
Relevancy 52.89%

Microsoft released an updated version of its free Windows Defender Anti Spyware software. The installer comes in just under 6 MB -a little smaller than the earlier version. Users will need to pass the Genuine Windows check in order to download it.new release: Windows Defender v1.1.1347.0Signature 1.14.1396.12prior: Windows Defender v1.1.1051.0Signature 1.14.1396.12Download latest version here.Remember: This is still a beta version.

A:Windows Defender Version Update 4/12/06

Downloaded the installer and tried to install two times. Downloaded the installer a second time, and tried to install for the third time. Each time the installation process stopped with the message that it had been interrupted before completion, the system has not been modified and to try again at a later time.

Anybody else having problems?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49724/windows-defender-version-update-41206/
Relevancy 52.89%

I installed Windows 10 around the time it came out, much to my delight I faced no problems with it, but now after reading about this 'November Update' that touts many of the features I wanted back. I read on Microsoft's own site that to get the update I would have to of had Windows 10 for 31+ Plus days e.g. a day over the time limit to go back to Win 8.1 or 7. It's long past the 31 days but the "Go back to Windows 7" is still there?

A:Can't update to windows 10 Pro, version 1511

I'm not sure why you are looking in the recovery settings for the update. If you haven't gotten it through windows update you can use this tutorial to get an iso of the update. Windows 10 ISO Download - Windows 10 Forums .

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/34215-cant-update-windows-10-pro-version-1511-a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I have the HP iPaq HW6940- HP iPAQ hw6940 Mobile Messenger w/ GPS (AT&T) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews

I believe it is running Windows Mobile 5.0. I also have Windows Mobile Device Center installed on my computer. Is there a way I can update WM5 to version 6.0 or maybe higher?

A:Can I update Windows Mobile 5.0 to version 6.0?

Here is a tutorial on the subject and the downloads page for your device:

Upgrading from Windows Mobile 5 to WM6 Intro and Getting Started :: TweakTown

HP iPAQ hw6940 Mobile Messenger series- Download drivers and software - HP Business Support Center

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/77636-can-i-update-windows-mobile-5-0-version-6-0-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

My windows update does not like to load! It takes a very long time and sometimes causes explorer to crash! When I checked, I had 92 updates to install. When I click download and install, it would freeze and stay there for a long time. I tried to use the Fix it application, however that gets stuck on "Checking Online for Updates" as well! What should I do? I also tried to update in safe mode, but it wouldn't let me. Thanks in advance.

A:Windows Update won't update, stuck at 0%

Hello NoisE and welcome to Seven Forums.

With that many updates to install, I would disable automatic updates and manually install just a few at a time. I personally don't do more than 5 at a time but you could try 10. Keep track of the KB numbers for each update in each group. After installing the first group, restart the computer and make sure everything is working. If it is, install the next group and restart. Continue doing this until all updates are installed.

If a particular group fails to install correctly, uninstall those particular updates by looking for their KB numbers. Then try to install just one at a time and reboot after each one. They'll either all install OK or you'll know which update is causing the problems. Leave it for last and install the next group.

Yes, this is a much slower process but it usually results in a much better update experience.

Windows Update Settings - Change

Windows Update - Uninstall an Update

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/260639-windows-update-wont-update-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

update microsoft com windowsupdate microsoft com update microsoft com microsoftupdate v default aspx All of these redirect me to the old Windows Update site http v windowsupdate microsoft com en default asp Unsurprisingly the old site doesn t work for updating I am using Windows XP x edition and I used to be able to load the original v site I ve tried running every malware and virus scan I can think of but nothing seems out of the ordinary I am truly baffled HijackThis log follows I should also note Windows Wrong version loading of Update that HijackThis is incorrectly listing my OS Logfile of Wrong version of Windows Update loading Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP Wrong version of Windows Update loading WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Wrong version of Windows Update loading VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS SysWOW ctfmon exe C Program Files x AntiVir avgnt exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Documents and Settings Administrator Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId F - REG system ini UserInit userinit O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files x Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - HKLM Run avgnt quot C Program Files x AntiVir avgnt exe quot min O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot background O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User SYSTEM O - HKUS DEFAULT RunOnce tscuninstall systemroot system tscupgrd exe User Default user O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - Extra button Yahoo Services - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files x Yahoo Common yiesrvc dll O - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE REFIEBAR DLL O - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C PROGRA AIM aim exe O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra Tools menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - ESC Trusted Zone http runonce msn com O - DPF B EF- C - CA-BFBA- A E Microsoft Data Collection Control - https support microsoft com OAS ActiveX MSDcode cab O - DPF E F - B - D - - BD D PCPitstop Utility - http www pcpitstop com pcpitstop PCPitStop CAB O - DPF B-B - D-A D -FCFDF E C WUWebControl Class - http www update microsoft com win ls en x client wuweb site cab O - Service AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler AntiVirScheduler - Avira GmbH - C Program Files x AntiVir sched exe O - Service AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard AntiVirService - Avira GmbH - C Program Files x AntiVir avguard exe O - Service Diskeeper - Diskeeper Corporation - C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe O - Service Logical Disk Manager Administrative Service dmadmin - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS System dmadmin exe file missing O - Service Event Log Eventl... Read more

Relevancy 52.46%

Failed to install,
I have tried several times , but each time msg appears
failed to update, and system undoes changes .
First time for me this
( several occasions over the years have led to me needing to
reinstall updates, but this one is pretty unforgiving )

I need a trick to start the whole process from scratch I think
but how?
Can't restore to a previous version as option no longer available

A:Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607

Originally Posted by smileye

Failed to install,
I have tried several times , but each time msg appears
failed to update, and system undoes changes .
First time for me this
( several occasions over the years have led to me needing to
reinstall updates, but this one is pretty unforgiving )

I need a trick to start the whole process from scratch I think
but how?
Can't restore to a previous version as option no longer available

I had that also with this update.
So here is what I did to get over it.
I restarted it then ran the Disc Clean Up app
Which cleared all traces from the Disc
Then let it download and install, which took some time
Then it installed to 30% then Restarted then finished at 100%
Which again sat there for some time then flashed up it had finished and now running all ok on all my systems
Hope that may hopefully help you with your problem
Let us know how you get on
The one thing I found with this one, you cant rush it

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/65541-cumulative-update-windows-10-version-1607-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Error message says: We couldn't update the system reserved partition.
How do I address this problem?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440803-windows-10-version-1607-update-failed.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi
How do I discover if, on my computer, I have the Retail or VL version of Windows 8.1 Update?

Thanks

Bye

A:Discovering the Retail or VL version of Windows 8.1 Update

slmgr /dli from elevated command prompt will tell you.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/53285-discovering-retail-vl-version-windows-8-1-update.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, New to this forum. I tried to do the things mentioned in the Windows Update Posting Instructions

so here goes: The last succesful Windows update was Jun 14 although Office, and others seem to be updating

Ran the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) for my computer ( 32 bit Windows 7 Home premium)

Got the following screenshots after trying windows update: First WU1 after I click on it to get the latest WU software I get WU2 It shows error code 80070570

I tried to run sfc /scannow but immediately I received "Windows Resource protection could not perform the requested operation."

I ran it 4 more times with the same result.

I have attached the CBS.zip file (logs you requested as well

Please let me know if you have away ahead.

Thanks

SDGengineer

A:Newest version of Windows update will not install

Youhave a number of errors showing, all with a common format...

Code:
015-07-11 18:36:00, Info CSI 00000009 [SR] Verifying 100 (0x00000064) components
2015-07-11 18:36:00, Info CSI 0000000a [SR] Beginning Verify and Repair transaction
2015-07-11 18:36:02, Error CSI 0000000b (F) STATUS_FILE_CORRUPT_ERROR #300714# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysCreateFile(flags = 0, handle = {[email protected], handle=0}, da = (SYNCHRONIZE), oa = @0x85e188->OBJECT_ATTRIBUTES {s:24; rd:NULL; on:[39]"\SystemRoot\WinSxS\Temp\PendingRenames\"; a:(OBJ_CASE_INSENSITIVE)}, iosb = @0x85e1a8, as = (null), fa = (FILE_ATTRIBUTE_DIRECTORY), sa = (FILE_SHARE_READ|FILE_SHARE_WRITE|FILE_SHARE_DELETE), cd = FILE_OPEN_IF, co = (FILE_DIRECTORY_FILE|FILE_SYNCHRONOUS_IO_NONALERT|0x00004000), eab = NULL, eal = 0, disp = (null))
[gle=0xd0000102]
2015-07-11 18:36:02, Error CSI [email protected]/7/11:23:36:02.588 (F) d:\win7sp1_gdr\base\wcp\sil\merged\ntu\ntsystem.cpp(2062): Error STATUS_FILE_CORRUPT_ERROR originated in function Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectFileSystemProvider::SysCreateFile expression: (null)
[gle=0x80004005]
2015-07-11 18:36:15, Error CSI 0000000d (F) STATUS_FILE_CORRUPT_ERROR #300711# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::CFile_IRtlFileTearoff::SetContents(file = [l:104{52}]"\SystemRoot\WinSxS\FileMaps\_0000000000000000.cdf-ms", flags = 0, contents = {l:552 b:50636d480100000000000000ac4a06f11e8a237f11000000880000000c0000005400000000000000000000000100000084000000000000000000000003000000ffffffffff1b352825d55541acb06e7c64c725d80500000006000000090000000d0000000f000000070000000a0000000e0000000b000000080000000c000000...})[gle=0xd0000102]
2015-07-11 18:36:15, Error CSI 0000000e (F) STATUS_FILE_CORRUPT_ERROR #300705# from CFileMapContext::AddFileMapping(...)[gle=0xd0000102]
2015-07-11 18:36:15, Error CSI 0000000f (F) STATUS_FILE_CORRUPT_ERROR #300665# from CFileInstaller::CommitChanges(...)[gle=0xd0000102]
2015-07-11 18:36:15, Error CSI 00000010 (F) STATUS_FILE_CORRUPT_ERROR #300664# from PrimitiveInstaller::CCoordinator::FinalizeChanges(...)[gle=0xd0000102]
It's the first time I've come across this type of error - I'm going to have to do some research and get back to you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/375297-newest-version-windows-update-will-not-install.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Anyone know if there's a more recent WUC than the March 2016 version?

A:Windows Update Client latest version?

Search for Windows Updates takes forever? - A possible solution

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/402038-windows-update-client-latest-version.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I still have an old install of the initial version 10240. I would like to confirm that the CU actually has updated it. 'winver' only reveals Version 10.0 (Build 10240).
Where can I find the 'long' version like in 10240.17113 ?

In the registry I found that string here:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{5FDD51E2-A9D0-44CE-8C8D-162BA0C591A0}\

and many in this sub string:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Component Based Servicing\ComponentDetect

A:Windows 10240: how to confirm update version?

Settings, System, About should show that.

&
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/...erating-system
from a websearch
view Windows operating system version

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/63603-windows-10240-how-confirm-update-version.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an HP Pavillion 500-267c desktop system running Windows 10 home edition with updates set to auto install. The currently running system (per settings) is 1571 OSbuild 10586.679. I get a popup message indicating an update to version 1607 has failed. The message also says the failure is due to being unable to update the reserved partition.How can I fix this condition so that the update to version 1607 can be installed,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Windows-10-update-to-version-1607-failed/td-p/5845324
Relevancy 52.03%

UPDATE I went into themes and everything is greyed out except the basic old themes I tried find and fix problems for aero themes display but it didn t come up with anything when looking through google I see things about updating registry entries but I m not sure I should be doing that based on google suggestions with my luck Windows did an update and now my system looks like its running an older version of windows see Windows version windows to system old settings update reverted my of attached picture If I do a system restore to before the update I can get it running like it should Windows update reverted my system settings to old version of windows again but there should be a way to fix this without the restore I just can t figure it out Any ideas I m also getting errors about not being able to log into the windows system to check for updates when I start the computer not sure if this has anything to do with Windows update reverted my system settings to old version of windows it Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB H Total - MB Free - MB I Total - MB Free - MB J Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB L Total - MB Free - MB N Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard B Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Windows update reverted my system settings to old version of windows

looks like it is set to best performance. i do this all the time, go to the start menu and type performance, then choose adjust performance settings. set it to adjust for best appearance. see if that works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-reverted-my-system-settings-to-old-version-of-windows.1152239/
Relevancy 52.03%

My win pro build hasn't received the November update build while my other win home versions have I know I'm not the only one having this problem but here's my two cents On my xw I upgraded from win pro to win pro as soon as was available some months ago I still receive other windows updates I downloaded 1511 the 10240 November pro build build received 10 win update hasn't the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu Both sfc and dism have no issues I would burn it do a disk but I've read other users say its just reinstalled build instead I was using another random win pro computer at work today and noticed it hasn't received the November update yet either Anyone else with win pro that did get the update Maybe this issue has more to it like when I upgraded to pro I had an issue with onedrive I don't really use it so I only disabled it from win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 startup in the task manager but it as a service disappeared except for registry entries and program files and win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 I haven't found a way to reinstall it yet I know I could do a clean install of windows but that's not my style I move from pc to pc over the years using disk images win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511 This onedrive issue is the only problem I've come across that I haven't figured out without a clean install I mean I wiped onedrive from my system completely registry keys and all but attempts to reinstall fall short error corrupted file During the attempted installation it places all its registry items and files including the file it says is corrupt Copy those files that are working on another computer no dice sfc and dism no issues I'm getting off track I was hoping the November update would fix it but now that's an issue too Maybe Microsoft delayed the November update on win pro Thanks in advance

A:win 10 pro build 10240 hasn't received the November update build 1511

RE : I downloaded the most recent iso from the media creation tool but I don't have an option to mount it from the right click menu.

Did you burn the iso to a bootable media, then insert the media to the computer ?
If that was what you did, then you would NOT see the Mount option.
Instead, you would see the Setup option. Use that to start the installation.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/36509-win-10-pro-build-10240-hasnt-received-november-update-build-1511-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

got new surface pro 3 yesterday. got it loaded up today. ran check for updates and it found 43 I needed to download and install.did that, restarted and they all supposedly installed.
I go back to check for updates to make sure I got them all, but when I click on check for updates, it spins like it checking,but never stops spinning. I let it spin for an hour until I finally gave up. I restarted several times with same results.

Ideas?

A:windows update stuck

Try using the Windows Update applet from the "old" control panel versus WU from the modern control panel - a lot of times there are messages or issues pending that the modern applet doesn't show (and just sits spinning) that you would otherwise see when running WU from the "old" Windows Update applet in the old control panel directly.

http://www.eightforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58754-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Please do not power off or unplug your machine
Installing update 4 of 140 ..

It's been stuck at update 4 for 4 hours now why is it like that is something wrong with it

Hp touch smart 600-1350
Windows 7 home premium

A:Windows stuck on update

There can be a number of reasons - if it's still stuck, reboot, and follow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and post the requested data

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/310452-windows-stuck-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So, this is a fresh install of 7 Pro x64 and it won't update. It is stuck on "Checking for Updates". My first question is, should there be a process in Task Manager related to WU? Because it doesn't look like there is.

FSG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-stuck-1117362.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

Anyone help with this one - how to download latest updates?

Yes W10 installed October, last successful update early November.

Now when try to install update shows downloading updates at 2% and no movement..been like this for a couple days now.

On the Details it shows:-

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro, version 1511, 10586
Waiting for installation
Security Update.......
Waiting for download
Windows malicious software removal tool.....
Waiting for download
Cumulative update for windows....
Waiting for download

Thanks,
Pete

A:Windows 10 Update stuck on 2% ?

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, two days installing at 2% is a problem. Normally you would not interrupt, but it's safe to insist now is an exception.

I would try using the front panel reset button on your PC first. If unresponsive, try a hard boot by pressing your front-panel power button for about ten seconds. If neither of those work, shut off the power supply.

Hopefully it will reboot normally.

Before running Windows Update again, check for errors by opening an elevated command prompt and running sfc \scannow. If errors are detected, Windows will attempt to correct them. Should it be unable to fix problems, you will need to use DISM to try and fix it.

If you haven't backed up, now would be a great time to do so! Also, if you're not allowing Windows to manage and update your drivers, you might want to allow it to do so before attempting the update again.

If the scan returns cleanly, then you can go ahead and try the update again.

If it hangs again, you might try an in-place installation (reset). First download an iso of the most recent installation file. When performing the reinstall, keep your programs, settings and files. Allow Windows to retrieve updates during the installation process. It should automatically install the latest version 1511 build 10586.29.

I hope it goes better this time!

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33160-windows-10-update-stuck-2-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all,

Last night I decided to update from IE7 to IE8. Everything seemed to be going fine, it finished installing, and then I rebooted my laptop.

I opened up IE and on the only tab it opened, it just said "Connecting" forever.

Also, down in my system tray, the yellow shield for Windows Update appeared. However, if you run your mouse over it, all it says is "Downloading: 0%" forever.

It's not my internet connection. I have rebooted several times, and have received the same result every time.

Also, not sure if this is related, but every time I reboot, I receive an error message. I meant to write it down, but forgot. It says something about having trouble loading the .dll file.

Please help. Thank you!

Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all,

Last night I decided to update from IE7 to IE8. Everything seemed to be going fine, it finished installing, and then I rebooted my laptop.

I opened up IE and on the only tab it opened, it just said "Connecting" forever.

Also, down in my system tray, the yellow shield for Windows Update appeared. However, if you run your mouse over it, all it says is "Downloading: 0%" forever.

It's not my internet connection. I have rebooted several times, and have received the same result every time.

Also, not sure if this is related, but every time I reboot, I receive an error message. I meant to write it down, but forgot. It says something about having trouble loading the .dll file.

Please help. Thank you!

A:IE8, Windows Update stuck at 0%

Oh yeah, I meant to mention that I am using my office computer to post this. If the solution requires downloading something off the internet, I doubt I'd be able to do that considering the problems I am having. Thanks again!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie8-windows-update-stuck-at-0.806893/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi i recently did a factory reset on my PC . Everything is going well except that windows update takes forever , i took a 30 minute shower and it was still going ,i tried to use a wireless connection to see if that works but it didn't .i tried to see if going to safe mode helped but it didn't . do i need to do something else or should i wait more?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385270-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Again today my fan starts blowing like a hairdyer, and I knew what it was. Updates.

Strange because I decided to turn off auto-update altogether so as to avoid this, but it still happened.

Several hours later 16 important updates, and the only one ticked was Windows 10 even though I have been trying to get it to stop harassing me all the time.

IF I decide to upgrade it'll be at the last minute, when I decide to.

Anyway, I've spent a day trying to get these updates to updates but they keep hanging and failing and I have work I need to do!

A:Stuck on Windows Update again

Hi
You might review this
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3095675

Sounds like 10 is scheduled already
If it shows as a update right click and hide the win-10 update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/397371-stuck-windows-update-again.html
Relevancy 52.03%

windows update was also constantly searching for updates, and my pc hadn't been updated for about 7months, nothing seemed to work to get it going, i had windows set to download updates but let me choose wether to install them , so just out of curiosity i went to change settings and set windows update to installupdates automatically (recomended) , did a restart for the changes to take effect, and amazingly about 156 updates started to work, all downloaded and installed, and now fully up to date, will now see if i can get this windows 10 without it sticking on 99% . this worked for me, but if you have windows update set to update automatically already, perhaps if you changed this to download updates but let me choose wether to install them ,and do a restart, then change it back to installupdates automatically (recomended) and restart, maybe it will kick it into life.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/397123-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

As the title says, I can't get windows update to complete. Initially, I could get Windows Update to display the current available updates, but when selecting them, Widows Update would hang at 0% downloading. After looking online, I came across a recommendation to go into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and delete all of the contents. After doing that, Windows Update now displays a red X, and will not even show available updates- it just hangs at looking for updates. Related to this, Microsoft Security Essentials cannot update either. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631190/windows-update-stuck/
Relevancy 52.03%

The computer is trying to install the windows 10 update. It's getting stuck at 71% complete.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/438874-windows-10-update-getting-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi
I just did a system reset (and formatted the disk that had windows on it), after starting everything was okay until i ran windows update - it showed that there are a few updates, it downloads all of them except the last one - "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. driver update for AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series." - it has been stuck at "Downloading updates 99%" for at least 2 hours now, and restarting the computer doesn't help. It's worthy to note that my AMD driver is already installed and up to date!

I am now running an sfc scan and i will update this post as soon as it is done.
Until then - do you have any other suggestions?
update: it found corrupt files and fixed them but still gets stuck at 99%.

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/58912-windows-update-stuck-99-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Shut down my computer as usual and windows update started, but this time, it gets stuck at 4/40 o.o it's been well over 3 hours now and I have stuff to do, what should I do? The first response I got elsewhere was that the update will just restart if I unplugged, but then I did more research and it seems that I might likely get a corrupted windows... What should I do now? BTW it's in the install step(not download) and the circle thingy is still turning.

Thanks

A:What do I do if Windows Update gets stuck?

Quote: Originally Posted by BenSow

Shut down my computer as usual and windows update started, but this time, it gets stuck at 4/40 o.o it's been well over 3 hours now and I have stuff to do, what should I do? The first response I got elsewhere was that the update will just restart if I unplugged, but then I did more research and it seems that I might likely get a corrupted windows... What should I do now? BTW it's in the install step(not download) and the circle thingy is still turning.

Thanks

Hello Ben,

To be quite honest, by the sounds of it there is not a lot left to do. There is no way of interrupting it except to force a shutdown. There is a risk here, however, the chance of your computer failing to start I think is quite low.

To force a restart of your computer press and hold the power button on the front of your computer for 10 seconds, until the screen goes blank. Do not use the power switch at the wall, the reason being that the former allows the hardware to shutdown safely, and allows the hard disks to spin down and return to housing safely.

Then try to restart your computer. In the very unlikely event that something goes wrong while booting, please note it down on paper, and send it to me.

Otherwise, please download to a safe location, and install, the System Update Readiness Tool from here: Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista, for Windows Server 2008, for Windows 7, and for Windows Server 2008 R2

Now please copy the C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder to your Desktop, right click on it > Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder, and upload the new file which is created on your Desktop here.

Thanks a lot!

Richard

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/188365-what-do-i-do-if-windows-update-gets-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

while updating my HP Pavilion 15-n233tx laptop to windows 10,in 29% its restart and show hp long time ,no any continue

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/stuck-update-windows-10/td-p/5795625
Relevancy 52.03%

Long story short, i just installed a clean copy of genuine windows 7 home premium. I let it update and what not but after coming back to look at the computer from awhile of being out, I realized it had been stuck on installing one of the updates (at least 20 had already been successfully installed). I figured i'd stop it and restart the comp and let it continue. Now it won't download any updates it just gets stuck at 0% everytime no matter what updates i pick. I'm using wireless internet but I even tried while it was connected straight up with the ethernet cable for optimum internet speed and still stuck at 0%. I've tried rebooting multiple times but still nothing. I am really trying to avoid having to reinstall the OS again. Anyone have an idea?

A:windows update stuck at 0%

Easy way
Reinstall, and from now on set update to notify. Do one or two at a time and you will not have a problem.
Iknow you said that you do not want to reinstall, but thats what I would do.

Others are going to come along and give you suggestions on how to fix the problem. Some will work others will not. You can be reinstalled in 30 minutes. When you are up and working make an image of the OS and put it away, for problems just like this. You can use the copy and be up and ready in a few minutes, programs and all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/111016-windows-update-stuck-0-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I've been working on a client's computer for a while and none of these problems apparently started before Microsoft Office multiple versions were installed Among other now-resolved issues is the problem with Windows Update I've uninstalled and removed all traces of Microsoft office but none of it has helped Windows update will continue on forever yes I left it on overnight and it's STILL searching I've been working on this for a couple of days and am honestly out of ideas even after scouring the web I have several log files linked below including the stuck update Windows CBS log which the error seems to point to Most specifically Handler FATAL UH x EvaluateApplicability failed in CCbs EvaluateApplicability Things I've tried System Restore not many points available but tried nonetheless sfc scannow resolves some issues but reports that it's unable to repair Windows update stuck all detected issues Windows Startup Repair with a new windows disc Safe Mode with the steps Windows update stuck above Of course virus and malware scan and a host of other stuff that I can't remember right now I need my coffee If you have ANY suggestions let me know For reference it's an old Lenovo Thinkpad x Tablet with Windows bit installed I'd REALLY rather avoid formatting so please don't suggest it EVERYTHING else is working great except the windows update I see no other problems with the machine at this point Log files Windows Update Log https www dropbox com s tey a o do pdate log dl scroll to the bottom for yesterday evening's date and time Some of the issues above that point have been resolved CBS Logs https www dropbox com s egx nvnvy ia CBS rar dl Whole folder for your reference CBS Scan Log https www dropbox com s fkghmckka scan txt dl Not very current in regards to the others but attached nonetheless

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/391385-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

For the last few weeks, my computer has been trying to install an update that is not installing. I am not sure if I have gotten a virus or if it's an easy fix? I have run Malwarebytes & SUPERAntispyware. Not sure what to do to fix it. Please help.

Thanks,
Michelle

A:Windows Update is stuck...

Michelle:

I'm a fairly new member myself so can't offer much help, but I would suggest you browse this and the XP forums for this very topic.  I realize your problem and theirs are probably quite different, call for different solutions, but perhaps you can become familiar with the various things that can happen - while you are waiting for more expert guidance.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/520038/windows-update-is-stuck/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, I hope someone can help me out please.
My wife's laptop running windows 8 went into windows update. 4 hours later it was still stuck on update 1 of 1 so we tried a number of things to get it to work.
Pressing CTRL-Alt-Del doesn't do anything
Powered off the computer and turned it back on and it was still stuck in the same spot
Powered off the computer, took the battery out, waited for a while then put it back in, turned it back on and it's still stuck in the same spot.

I can't find a way to get into a "Safe mode" start up as as soon as i turn the computer on i get the blue update screen again.

Any other ideas on how to get it unstuck?

Thanks,

A:Stuck on Windows update

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

By stuck at 1 of 1, I would assume you mean the blue Windows update screen before the desktop?

Do you have a Windows 8 CD?

How long did you leave it after you rebooted the PC?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/stuck-on-windows-update-893322.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Greetings for new year to everyone.

Security update for flash Player is stuck on 23 percent from few days though I am using a good Internet connection.Have tried the troubleshooter says Windows update components must be repaired but when I try to repair them I get Folders are currently in use.
New here and not sure if this is placed in correct place.

A:Windows update stuck

Originally Posted by Shubham1239

Greetings for new year to everyone.

Security update for flash Player is stuck on 23 percent from few days though I am using a good Internet connection.Have tried the troubleshooter says Windows update components must be repaired but when I try to repair them I get Folders are currently in use.
New here and not sure if this is placed in correct place.

Looks like you aren't stopping the service.
Use this tutorial that should auto set the things for you.

How to Reset Windows Update in Windows 10
New year greetings to you too

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35930-windows-update-stuck.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey Guys,

I have a brand new laptop with Windows 8.  I tried to run windows update and it sees that I have updates to install but the installation gets stuck at 0% and 0Kb.  If I try to install only one update, it gets stuck at 99%.  I know this is a common issue but no one seems to have a definite way of fixing this.  Can anyone help???

Thanks,
Centuck

A:Windows 8 Update stuck

What error code are you receiving when this happens?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514988/windows-8-update-stuck/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey everyone!! So far no real issue's to report running Windows 10 I really love it but here is my issue. Windows update has been stuck at 45% for the last 3 hour's and usually my updates go pretty quick. I've tried rebooting my system to see if the updates will finish installing but then it goes right back to 45% and stay's there. Any idea's as to what may of happened?

A:Windows update stuck at 45%

I'm still having the same problem. Anyone have any idea's?

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/22579-windows-update-stuck-45-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm running Vista 64 bit and my computer was running slowly, so I tried to restart. When doing so, the screen came up that says "Please do not power off or unplug your machine. Installing update 15 of 18". It has been stuck on this screen for a very long time. I am not able to move the cursor, access the start menu, open task manager, nothing. I did read some other posts about ways to problem solve, but I'm not able to get anything to open so those options don't work for me. I did remove the battery and turn the computer off completely, but when turned back on and battery put back in, the same screen comes up. Any ideas?

Thanks

A:Windows stuck on update

Welcome
See if you can boot into safe mode. If not
Using another computer try to make this CD
Then see if you problem computer will boot from it to solve the problem
If you create a recovery DVD, you may be able to boot to recovery options
Create Recovery DVD

The Vista recovery disk is used to boot Vista when it won't boot - to run Startup Repair, System Restore, access a Command Line, Recover using a Vista Backup Image, etc.
System Recovery Options. Choose an option tht will not cause you to lose your stuff.

If Vista will not start now, boot the Recovery CD to run Startup Repair which automates System Restore as well as numerous other tests including System File Checker which can repair system files which are not corrupted beyond repair.

If Vista still will not start, try booting into Safe Mode to run sfc /scannow to repair System files.
Special Thanks Given to Seven Forums.

Below is a bulletin distributed by MS to explain the start up procedure when Windows will not boot.
Startup Repair. Startup Repair is a Windows recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files, that might prevent Windows from starting. Startup Repair is located on the System Recovery Options menu, which is on the Windows Vista installation disc. If your computer has preinstalled recovery options, it might also be stored on your computer's hard disk. For more information, see Startup Repair: frequently asked questions and What are the system recovery options in Windows Vista? If your computer does not include Startup Repair, your computer manufacturer might have customized or replaced the tool. Check the information that came with your computer or go to the manufacturer's website.Change restart settings in safe mode. If your computer is stuck in a loop where Windows fails, attempts to restart, and then fails again repeatedly, restart your computer in safe mode and select the Disable automatic restart on system failure checkbox. For more information, see Advanced startup options (including safe mode).Reinstall. If no other options have solved the problem, and you are sure that your computer's hardware is functioning normally, you might need to reinstall Windows. A custom (clean) installation of Windows will permanently delete all of the files on your computer and reinstall Windows, so only use this option if all other recovery options have been unsuccessful. After the installation, you will need to reinstall your programs and restore your files from backup copies. For more information, see Installing and reinstalling Windows**.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/290990-windows-stuck-update.html
Relevancy 52.03%

New HP Pavilion laptop with Windows 7. Shut it down for the first time this morning and Windows has been trying to install updates for about 2 hours now. It is stuck on 3#. Should it take this long? Also installed Office 2007 so that has to update too.

A:Windows 7 Update stuck on #3 of 34

Leave it go for another couple of hours.
Then, if it still hasn't finished, press and hold the power button until it turns off.

Disconnect from the internet and turn it back on.
Does it work OK?
Make a System Restore Point
Then connect to the internet and attempt to run Windows Update
What happens?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-update-stuck-on-3-of-34-a-447831.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi had to take my Dell Windows 7  laptop back to factory setting and now am trying to instal the windows update so far it's been searching for 5hours and still searching is this normal
The laptop is 5 years old

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/632365/windows-update-stuck/
Relevancy 52.03%

Just as the title says. It is stuck on 0%. I waited for 30 minutes but no changes.
Except for totally random BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe (SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED).

One thing which I noticed was that it still wanted me to install updates while shutting down my computer.

A:Windows update stuck on 0%

The random BSOD may well be caused by a RAM stick that is physically damaged.

Have a look for any obvious signs then run a memory test.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

If any updates want to install on shutdown, just let them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/230372-windows-update-stuck-0-a.html