Windows Support Forum

Cannot make a new Windows 7 user account (password problem)

Q: Cannot make a new Windows 7 user account (password problem)

i can't finish the setup process. i'm trying to create a "standard" account, but when i go to create a password for it, no matter how many characters and no matter how complex (uppercase, lowercase, numbers, etc) it will absolutely not accept anything as a password (and i am copying/pasting the password from notepad, so it is being typed correctly).

i checked all the secpol 'password policies', and there don't seem to be any interfering requirements.

i attached a screenshot, if it helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/400915-cannot-make-new-windows-7-user-account-password-problem.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Cannot make a new Windows 7 user account (password problem)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 81.7%

My grandmother was recently hacked and she changed all her passwords herself (yay!). However she did not write down her new local user account password for her laptop.

I tried downloading OPHCrack, I burned it as an ISO file and put it on a DVD-R(only thing I had on hand) and i changed the boot order on her BIOS menu to had the DVD drive as the first priority. It does not run....I hear the disk drive moving, or spinning but the program does not run. Are there any other options or do I have to do a complete system restore to bypass this? Also if that is what I have to do how do I do that without being in her control panel?

A:Old Problem New User- Forgot Local User Account Password

Hello there "hater",are you sure you downloaded the right OPHcrack version?It should be the one that is intended to be used on,not the one being used to download and be burned on.Try imgburn,never failed me to create bootable CDs or DVDs.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/40661-old-problem-new-user-forgot-local-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi. As if everybody else's password problems weren't bad enough...

My XP got badly currupted, so I moved the hard drive to a healthy computer so I could save my documents before rebuilding. The problem is that the user account folders, containing everything I want to save, are locked, and I can't get a prompt for the passwords (I know them) because this is now an E drive and the OS on it isn't doing anything.

Thank you for any help you might be able to give!

JM

A:User Account Password Problem w/ Twist

This MS article might help...........

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308421

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-password-problem-w-twist.356215/
Relevancy 77.4%

I'm running 8.1 on a laptop and a desktop. I have admin accounts setup on both, associated with my primary windows/live/outlook/ whatever-they're-calling-it this week account. I've set up Standard User Accounts on each machine associated with an alias. I can log-in to outlook from either account with the same password, but I can't log-in to either machine using the Standard User Account with that password. Any help getting this setup working would be appreciated. Thanks.

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/36392-standard-user-account-password-problem.html
Relevancy 77.4%

My operating system is Windows XP, Home Edition. My problem is as follows: My daughter's user account is password protected and for some reason won't recognize the correct password. I have attempted, under her account and under the administrative account, to change the password and also delete it, but the attempted changes are ineffective. I tried making the changes under safe mode, but her account, for some reason, doesn't even appear when I go to User Accounts via the control panel. I considered just transferring her music and photos and setting up a new account. But, her photos are privacy protected so the account won't let me do that.

Relevancy 74.82%

I have a Panasonic FZ1000 camera that is wi-fi capable. However, I'm having the worst time getting the PC and camera to pair, as have many others. One suggested workaround was to disable "Password protected sharing" in the control panel's Advanced Sharing Settings. However, windows won't let me do this because (to the best of my knowledge) I would first have to remove the password from my Guest user account. I have tried numerous times to do this, but unsuccessfully. Here's what's happening: I enter the Guest account using its proper pw. In the control panel, I get to the "remove your password" screen. Here there is a field asking for my current pw. I enter the pw used to gain access to the Guest account and get the message that "Windows cannot change the password." BTW, "Password protected sharing" can't be disabled in the Guest account, either. Help please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382540-windows-wont-allow-password-change-2nd-user-account.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I can not find any access to password for the Administrator user account. I have tried many options but that one is never listed. I am the administrator and there are no other accounts.

A:How do I change the administrator user account password in Windows 10?

If you're the administrator, and there are no other accounts, try the below steps.
Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options -> Change your password
That should do it. Does that do it?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/432376-how-do-i-change-administrator-user-account-password-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I was under impression that the user account password security in Windows 7 or Windows 8 has been improved by Microsoft since the old days of Windows XP, and that it is now virtually impossible to bypass it... well, I thought so until I read this, or watched this.

Can someone confirm or deny that it is that easy to bypass someone's Windows user account password? If so, why even setting it up? It just makes life more complicated...

Also a follow-up question. If I use something like disc encryption (TrueCrypt), or Microsoft's own BitLocker, will it be as easy to get into my data too?

A:Is it true that Windows 7 or 8 user account password is a joke?

dc2000, nothing is 100% safe

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/288270-true-windows-7-8-user-account-password-joke.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi I have Windows Home premium OS on my gateway laptop which has password automatically enters account Windows Virus user that only one user account and on turning on laptop that user password gets entered Automatically which Virus that enters Windows user account password automatically is unexpected and its very long Then i have to hit enter which shows Wrong password message and then it allows me to enter my password then entering this time my password windows get started one week before my PC got infected with few viruses and one of that was not letting me to type certain keys so I Virus that enters Windows user account password automatically reinstalled windows from scratch on my Gateway laptop with factory default settings to wipe out everything Now I can use my Keyboard at full extent But on starting the PC still it shows me that problem of unexpected password gets entered for user account and its very long to the limit of password length I tried Norton antivirus amp MalwareBytes premium trial versions did full scan but it shows my system has no virus malware Please advise

A:Virus that enters Windows user account password automatically

Hi welcome to 7F

sounds to me you might have a stuck key on keyboard.

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/352708-virus-enters-windows-user-account-password-automatically.html
Relevancy 73.53%

In windows 7 how do i disable creating a new user account and password
what should i stop/remove/disable...services or what???
give me an instructions pls

the reason im doing this cause my little bro keep creating an account, then my windows settings are screwed up and files are moved

A:how do i disable creating a new user account & password in windows 7 (answer pls)

Create a password for your account and lock the desktop when you're not using it. If he doesn't have access to Windows he can't change anything.

If he needs access to the system, create a limited account for him. This type of account won't be able to create new accounts.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-do-i-disable-creating-a-new-user-account-and-password-in-windows-7-answer-pls-662662.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Hi I am looking for some help please I am struggling with a family computer that i think may have been shut down during an update It is a Intel Pentium with MB running Windows XP Home Edition with SP XP 0xc0150002 for a Windows has for error a password been account setup Explorer.exe that and never XP now asking user ! Currently when you start up the computer it is going to the logon screen with the logon name filled in as the name of the computer and asking for the password No user account has ever been setup since the machine was purchased many years ago If you just click ok without a password it carries on with its startup until you get to the desktop when it pops up an error message Explorer EXE - Application Error The application Windows XP error Explorer.exe 0xc0150002 and XP now asking for a password for a user account that has never been setup ! failed to initialize properly xc Click on OK to terminate the application If you click ok you then get left with just the desktop no icons or start bar etc You cannot use ctrl-alt-del either I have the Windows XP error Explorer.exe 0xc0150002 and XP now asking for a password for a user account that has never been setup ! same problem with safe mode I can however get a command prompt if i log on to safe mode with command prompt I have tried running the recovery console and logging on as administrator and trying to do a system restore but the box comes up and just hangs I am not sure what to do next and any advice would be greatly appreciated Many Thanks Icedgem

A:Windows XP error Explorer.exe 0xc0150002 and XP now asking for a password for a user account that has never been setup !

Worth a look, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822520A number of different scenarios seem to result in this error message.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305691/windows-xp-error-explorerexe-0xc0150002-and-xp-now-asking-for-a-password-for-a-user-account-that-has-never-been-setup/
Relevancy 71.81%

Good evening from Graz,

i have quite a strange problem on my personal pc since the last few days. I cannot login to my useraccount(which has a transparent picture at the logon screen since a few days).
I have just one workarround: if i login with my adminaccount and logoff, the userpicture of my privateaccount appears again and the login is possible.

What could this problem be related to?

greetings
Nico Müller

A:Solved: Windows 7 User Account Problem(Transparent User Picture)

Good morning,

solved it. Disabled the admin account, and removed the pw of my useraccount.
Kind a strange problem indeed, but seems to be solved.

Thanks anyway,
Nico

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-user-account-problem-transparent-user-picture.946560/
Relevancy 71.38%

dont know user account control password AND no administrator user so i cant download/install anything, cant update, and i cant change any settings someone please help PLUS i just got this computer iv read some other entrys where people had the same problem as me they said to do a system reboot in safemode but i dont know how. can someone help me? thank you

A:dont know user account control password and no administrator user

after the bios loads but before windows start to load hit f8 and you get your windows boot options.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/232566-dont-know-user-account-control-password-no-administrator-user.html
Relevancy 70.09%

So, I have been working on my neighbor's computer. She doesn't want a password to log in to her computer. Is there a way that I can disable the password upon login. This is on a local account.

A:User Account Password on Local Account

Jesse, have a look here

Log On User Account Automatically at Windows 8 Startup

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/64570-user-account-password-local-account.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there,

What I mean is, is there any way to make a user account on XP which runs nothing(no programs or processes) at all apart from those which are needed by the OS? I only have 1gig of RAM installed and If I'm lucky I can have 600 free to play games with. I'm not too savvy with what processes are needed and not, I do have a fair idea but it's never quite enough.

Is there anyway to just have an account which loads nothing apart from what is needed?

Thank you for reading.

Relevancy 69.66%

when running in cmd i must be administrator to make the commands work

how do i make my user account be the administrator

i dont want to right click and run as admin all the time

A:how do i make my user account in win 7 be the administrator

Go to User Accounts within the Control Panel, then click on Change Account Type of your user.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/245900-how-do-i-make-my-user-account-win-7-administrator.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I work at a local public access tv station where people come in and make there own tv show then have it aired. We are getting a lot of files piling up that are from past members and past projects and want to make it so that they MUST use their own storage and whatever they do/change when they are on the computer is deleted/restored, so I want to make a temporary user account. This account type seems to be just what we need and it is builtin to Windows but the only guides that I can find are how to disable it, not set it up.

So to summarise, I need help setting up a temporary user account in Windows 7 Pro

Thanks
Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/383158-how-do-i-make-temporary-user-account-windows-7-pro.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I want to create a generic account in Windows, but one that is identical to the current user account. Why? I know I can create a new user account and they'll have access to all the same programs, but I'll have to recreate all the email accounts and font sizes and countless other customizations and settings. Is it possible to somehow do this?

A:Is it possible to make a perfect copy of a user account?

This looks like it might do what you want

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/280765-possible-make-perfect-copy-user-account.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I am trying to figure out how to set Windows 2000 Pro up so that any user who logs onto it, their account with look the same.
Eg, so if i configure the account (with a certian style, desktop colour, taskbar, and icon placement), is there a way (i was thinking using the "All Users" folder) i can make it so everyone who logs on, their account will look the same, as the next person who logs onto that computer (with the same wallpaper and colour scheme).
This can be done in Windows 98 rather easily, yet I cant figure out how to do it in Win2k without actually having to wait till the user logs on, to configure their account. I need help please!

A:how do i make every user account who logs onto Win2k look the same?

I assume that this is either a standalone or in a workgroup. (if it is on an NT or 2000 Domain, there are different ways to do part of this)

You can use the all users for putting in the icons that the user will need. What you will need to do, is place the icons in the allusers desktop folder, then make it read only.

For the color scheme it is a little harder, as you will need to directly edit the user.dat in the default user folder under documents and settings. This file is where the registry setting that controls the colors for new users is kept.

Open up regedt32.

Click on the hkey_local_machine key window and highlight HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

On the file menu, go to registry -- Load hive and click on it.

It will open up a standard windows open file box. Navigate to Documents and Settings\Default User and open up the NTUSER.DAT.

The next screen will aks you to name the hive, (This does not rename it in windows, but is just for use by regedt32). I would name it something other than default, as there is already a key called default. I use test when I do it personally.

Now, you will need to open up the test key and go to the control panel\desktop option. In there will be the setting for the default wallpaper. You just double click on the wall paper subkey and it will allow you to specify the path to the custom wallpaper. This needs to be the complete path to the wallpaper in the form of C:\path\wallpapername.bmp.

Now for the colors, they are also under the control panel. This can be done one of two ways, either you can go into the color section and set each one individually by rgb value, or you can go into the appearance section and set it to use a particular predefined windows scheme. Just double click on the current key and type in the name (excatly) of one of the predefined schemes, which are listed in the subfolder under appearance called schemes.

For example, if you wanted new users to have have the eggplant scheme when they logon for the first time, then you would need to double click current and replave Windows Standard with Eggplant.

Now, to lock the settings so that the users cannot change them, you will need to go to start -- run and type in gpedit.msc and press enter.

This will allow you to lock the users from making changes to the desktop area.

In gpedit, go down to the User Configuration and open up the Administrative Templates. Inside of there, the places you will need to look at are the control panel\display portion. You can prevent the users from changing the wallpaper and appearance (color) of the system from there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-i-make-every-user-account-who-logs-onto-win2k-look-the-same.95112/
Relevancy 67.94%

I am attempting to get my built in Administrator user account to show up on the login screen When I look at the properties I do not see anywhere where I can assign a password to it Nor am I able to activate it to appear on the login screen Perhaps there account user login Administrator appear Make on screen is a different way altogether to login to it The user account that I am using has administrator priviledges and Make user account Administrator appear on login screen shows up in the Administrators group along with Administrator So I think it should be the same thing as using the actual Administrator account However when I try to grant permissions for users on another computer on the LAN the Local Area Connection Properties box does not open up the quot File and Printer Make user account Administrator appear on login screen Sharing for Microsoft Networks And Make user account Administrator appear on login screen that is where I am stuck I have no idea as to how to get into item and am wondering if I need to login to the Actual Administrator user account Thanks for any help you can give me nbsp

A:Make user account Administrator appear on login screen

You can add Administrator to the Welcome screen using regedit. You would open regedit then navigate to this registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>Microsoft>WindowsNT>Current Version>Winlogon>>Special Accounts>User Lists.

Create a new DWORD value and name it “Administrator“ (without the quotes). Then modify the DWORD value making it '''1".

Administrator will show on the Welcome screen after a reboot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/make-user-account-administrator-appear-on-login-screen.754121/
Relevancy 67.08%

have a system here that I'm locked out of due to an unknown password. I've tried all the safe modes available but everything wants a password for the user account. I also attempted an image restore but that also wanted a password. There appears to only be one user account on the system & that is the one that has the unknown pass. I'm pretty much locked out of the system as nothing goes beyond the password request. I've also tried [removed by mod] Live CD but it was unable to retrieve the password. Does anyone know of a good free password recovery or reset tool that will allow me to access the system?

A:user account password

Sorry to report that we can not help you with that problem, per site rules

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with forgotten passwords and/or bypassing them. As there is no way to verify the actual situation and/or intentions, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-password.927028/
Relevancy 67.08%

How do I change settings to allow access without having to enter password everytime?
Thanks in advance.

A:User account/password

Hello Michael,

If you mean at startup, then you could use the tutorial below to set Windows 8 to sign in to an account automatically at startup.
Log On User Account Automatically at Windows 8 StartupIf you mean at wakeup, then you could use the tutorial below to set Windows 8 to not require a password at wakeup.

Password Protection on Wakeup - Enable or Disable in Windows 8
See also: Screen Saver Password Protection -Enable or Disable - Windows 7 Help Forums
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/30152-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm trying to set a password for my user account, but every time I enter it and hit the "create password" button, an error message pops up saying "Windows cannot change the password". Any ideas on why thats happening to me?

A:Why can't I set a password to my user account?

Hi tank222 and welcome to Vista Forums

Have a look at this Tutorial to see if it helps solve your problem: Password - Prevent or Allow to Change

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/195312-why-cant-i-set-password-my-user-account.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey
I really need some help. I have a toshiba equium laptop and the other day my laptop infomred that one of the files were corrupted. I restarted my laptop and the check disc program fixed the corrupted file but now, I am asked for a password to enter my user accouont. I have never had a password on it and have tried every possibilty. I am all out of ideas, I have downloaded a program that supposedly changes passwords but I can't get it to work. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Morne

A:User Account password

at the login screen ctrl+alt+del do it twice in succession you will get a new login menu use administrator (provided no password used) usually none. go to admin tools and computer management /users and groups (your username) properties find a menu to reset the password at next logon this may help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-password.725880/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I am new to this forum and I am hoping that someone here can help me with the problem I am having on one of my laptops I bought a laptop for my daughter awhile back I set up a user account as the administrator being me The issue I am having is the admn password keeps expiring So I have to reset the password This time I can't recall the password I previously used I need to download a antivirus program I recently purchased for the laptop but I can't because the pc is requiring me to do this from my user account admn account I can't remember the password for the admn account On top of that I thought that the admn user account would say administrator under the with help user password I need account account icon I may be incorrect in recalling that though Anyhow I really need some help in figuring out how to reset my password so I can download the antivirus software on the pc Also is there a way to disable the password expiring I am so frustrated over this I tried everything I could think of to access my user account but no luck Please help Thank You Kathi

A:I need help with user account password

Hello Kathi, and welcome to Seven Forums.

You might see if one of the options in the tutorial below may be able to reset your password.

User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/271329-i-need-help-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi guys,

I would like to know if it is possible to change a setting somewhere that ONLY my account can change my password and modify settings. Yesterday I've found out that all other admin accounts are also able to modify my password and all my settings. How can I change this so that only MY account can do this?

Hope this makes sense,

Thanks

PS: I won't be able to make the others limited, they have to remain admin.

Relevancy 66.65%

I am Arun Kumar Kushwaha and I have discovered one Big Loophole Security Leak in Microsoft's Windows Operating System worldwide through which we can Access Delete Copy Replace Important Data without Cracking Resetting the Login Password in Windows OS and for this we not need any can windows want user locked login I is access (locked microsoft with password) to Admin/ know account we know OS rd party Software CD DVD Pen drive CMD Script or any other means of hacking Devices tool only through Windows OS we can Access anybodies Computer Around the world and user will never get to know that his her computer has accessed by someone else This is purely Microsoft's Negligence towards user's Around the world I want to know is microsoft know we can access locked windows OS (locked Admin/ user account with login password) U can assume how much serious is this Issue if anybody can steal confidential Important data of Company Govt data or any other Sensitive Personal data of anyone who are using windows OS I have Talked through telephone to MS India regarding this Issue and they told me that there is no loophole in their OS and can't be accessed by anyone without having Login Password or User need to Reset login Password with tool software available also i have mailed to MS Technical support Team and also asked about this issue on Windows worldwide official support forum but not get any meaning full response from them I am asking this message to here coz i want to Spread this issue around the world so every user can secure their Data and also MS can rectify this issue by releasing an OS Update Thanks for reading Your's Truly Arun Kumar Kushwaha

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/a5bb2b05-44c4-40de-9de5-f98791edc8bf/i-want-to-know-is-microsoft-know-we-can-access-locked-windows-os-locked-admin-user-account-with?forum=mata
Relevancy 66.65%

I ve had Windows for a long time and usually when I find a bug I can usually figure out a way around it or make it less annoying But now I have a slight problem that I cannot fix I guess I should start with my computer specs Dell Inspiron - purchased May came with OEM Windows Vista Home Basic later partitioned off a space for the Release Candidate of Windows after enjoying it used a registry hack to upgrade from the Ultimate RC to - 7 User Account Windows Problem the Professional RTM available Windows 7 - User Account Problem free from my college s MSDN AA account a while after that backed up everything wiped the hard drive and applied the backup of to the empty hard drive A few recovery reboots and I was back in business with no Vista Yay GB RAMIntel Core Duo processor GB hard driveNow that that s out of the way my problem is this I cannot quot Manage another account quot via the User Accounts gui I can only manage them using the command prompt net user username Yes I am an administrator I m the only user Even if I activate the Administrator account via the command prompt net user Administrator active yesand log in using it I still cannot quot Manage another account quot When I click the link nothing happens The quot Start Navigation quot click sounds and that s it I remember in Vista you could activate the Guest account add new accounts etc But for some strange reason Windows does not allow me to do that The only thing I can do on that screen is quot Change your password quot quot Remove your password quot quot Change your picture quot and quot Change User Account Control settings quot I cannot quot Change your account name quot quot Change your account type quot or quot Manage another account quot as I mentioned earlier I love Windows but this one little thing has irritated me since I got it To put you at ease I have an updated Anti-virus program Sunbelt Software run through Avanquest Fix-It Utilities Professional updated Windows and I run MalwareBytes weekly I also use Mozilla Firefox exclusively as my internet browser I found a good reason for doing this after my sister s laptop got infected with the AntiVirus System Pro quot scareware quot Kudos to MalwareBytes she now uses Firefox instead of IE even though I ve been trying to get her to switch for months now I just can t figure out what s keeping me from changing stuff via the User Accounts gui I can do it via the command prompt like I said and we all know command prompt tricks are cool but when I m testing things adding deleting dummy accounts it would be nice for this to work Even if I don t need it it just plain bugs me So can you fix my quot bleep quot -ing computer Thanks keyboardNinja

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280124/windows-7-user-account-problem/
Relevancy 66.65%

Am running Windows XP SP2

One of the user accounts is acting up. It won't let us change the background or any personal settings. The whole account is acting messed up. The taskbar looks like it's from windows 95 or something and the start menu is all grey and missing sections. Also, the internet (Internet explorer 7) refuses to accept new settings and always starts up to the onetime page.

Can't delete account and make new one as the problem just moves on to the user account made before the one you are deleting!!

Any help would be appreciated =)

A:Windows XP User Account Problem

Did you follow the steps in this MS article?
How to copy data from a corrupted user profile to a new profile
Note: You must sign in at least once to the New Account before you can copy the old profile, as the account folder is not created until it is signed into.
After copying the files, click on the New_Username folder, then click on the folder named Old_Username's Documents. Double click the Desktop.ini file, and change the line Owner=Old_Username to Owner=New_Username
Note that you will have to redo any customizations, i.e. wallpaper, colors, Folder Options, Cursors, etc.
Desktop.ini is a hidden file but if you followed the steps in the MS article your system should be set to display it.

Make sure you DO NOT copy the 3 ntuser files -- those are the ones with the corrupt settings.

HTH

Jerry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-user-account-problem.699414/
Relevancy 66.65%

I am running the Windows RC and Windows Vista on a dual boot machine Yesterday Windows changed my account type When I log in under my administrative account this is the only account I have made it logs me in as a temporary user I tried to go Problem User 7 Account Windows into the Manage Credentials part of the Control Panel but it always says Windows Explorer has stopped working but windows explorer works fine every where else I have also tried to enable the master administrator account but was unable to Lastly I tried to delete the Windows 7 User Account Problem temporary user file under the C drive but it says I am going to delete my main user file I once clicked just to see what would happen and it gave me an error saying it could not delete it Help please I don Windows 7 User Account Problem t want to go back to Vista I do not have a restore disk as this is the Windows RC The only file I had recently downloaded was a free composition program I have used many times before Anvil Studio which I uninstalled immediately when I noticed the change but that did not have any affect either Addition Windows Vista is not having this problem Addition Tried to activate the master administrator account and it worked this time It shows my personal account as an administrator account but when I log onto my personal account it logs me on as a temporary user still nbsp

A:Windows 7 User Account Problem

Which version of W7 is it?

It did not change the account, the normal user account is corrupted, so W7 loads a temporary account with low priveledges.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-user-account-problem.879648/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all I hope you can offer me some help My computer crashed and after following the advice of a tech support guy from HP we ran the install for Windows XP again and went through all the steps It fixed my computer and I was able with XP Problem on user account Windows to get into Windows again but under a new User Account from the one I ve used for years All my stuff photos music documents still exist under the explore all users list and in the Control Panel Problem with user account on Windows XP my old account shows up It just doesn t show up as an option on the welcome screen and no rebooting or changing the password access will change that Problem with user account on Windows XP When I try to turn off the quot Use the Welcome Screen quot option under control panel and then go to log in with my old account name and password I get this error message quot The local policy of this system does not allow you to logon interactively quot Any help would be much appreciated as I am anxious to get my computer up and running under my old familiar account if at all possible nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Hi all Some Background I'm currently administrator of a couple different groups of computers at a university and I've been looking into changing the layout of the logon screen I've found a lot of information but something that I have wanted from the start has eluded me What I'm trying to and button switch screen logon Trying to with make user guest account do I'd like to set the logon screen or welcome screen I suppose to display only one available account the guest account that I have personalized for professors or students to use not the same as the default Windows guest account I would also like to have the option to switch users at the logon screen preferably Trying to make logon screen with guest account and switch user button with the on-screen button that says switch users which I can't seem to get to display using my methods System Specs All of the PCs I am administrating have some differences Simply put I have a bunch of desktops running Win Pro x and a bunch of NetBooks running Win Starter x What I have tried I've made my attempts on one of the NetBooks thus far since I can carry it around On Win Starter it seems that quot Switch User quot is disabled but I think it is still in the PC because when I tried a Registry Hack that hides all user accounts except the one that was last logged into I had the option to switch users but only when the account I last used had a password The guest account does not and cannot have one Anyway the registry hack I just mentioned involves going to HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft WindowsNT CurrentVersion ProfileList and creating a bogus key under the ProfileList key I also tried a similar thing to the above which didn't work I can't remember what it was though I have also tried hiding the default administrative account I made while keeping the other account visible but this results in me not being able to log into that account from the Login screen and the system will automatically login to the guest account because it doesn't have a password Not necessarily a bad thing but I need a way to get into the other account This was done by changing HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft WindowsNT CurrentVersion WinLogon SpecialAccounts UserList and adding the account to hide as a bit DWORD Don't hide all of your administrator accounts in this fashion or you'll be screwed FYI The third thing I tried was adding an entry for fast user switching and enabling disabling it in HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Polcies System and adjusting the quot HideFastUserSwitching quot key This didn't seem to have any effect I also tried various combinations of the above but that didn't get me the outcome I was looking for either This has all been on the netbook but I'm looking for a solution that will work on the NetBooks and the Desktops Closing Statements That's it thanks for any help

A:Trying to make logon screen with guest account and switch user button

Your best bet probably would be do not display any accounts.
Log On with User Name and Password

But your users would have to memorize login. Or you can write a little note right on the Welcome screen wallpaper by editing it in Paint and changing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/178002-trying-make-logon-screen-guest-account-switch-user-button.html
Relevancy 66.65%

i changed my account to 'standard user' because i heard it was safer. but to do that i had to create a new user account to be the administrator. but i dont use that account, and at startup it makes me choose which account i want to load. I just want it to go straight to mine. how do i do this?

sorry im a noob

A:Solved: How do i make my computer load a specific user account on startup?

No need to be sorry, bandit94. The way to do that is pretty obscure. This article says Windows XP but I'm 95% confident that it is the same deal in Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-how-do-i-make-my-computer-load-a-specific-user-account-on-startup.852918/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi everyone.

I recently password protected my windows account and accidentally hit 'Yes' when the box came up asking whether I want to make my folders private. Since I am sharing some of these folders, I wish to undo this and no longer make them private. I tried setting the password again to see if it would re-trigger the message box again, but nothing showed which makes it seem like once its set to private, it can't be changed?!

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

A:Make folders public again after privatised during password creation on login account

Windows XP Professional, disable Simple file sharing:
Click Start, and then click My Computer. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options, and then click the View tab. In the Advanced Settings section, clear the Use simple file sharing (Recommended) check box. Click OK. Then, follow these steps:

Right-click the folder in question, and choose Properties.

Click the Security tab.

Click Add, and type in Administrators, click OK.

Select Administrators group that you've added now.

Put a checkmark near Full Control (Allow) in Permissions box.
Click OK.

Windows XP Home Edition, you need to start Windows in Safe Mode in order to see the Security tab. Remaining steps are the same.

Once you add Administrators group and give them Full Control for the folder, the Make this Folder Private option is automatically disabled. Level 1 permissions are no longer in action.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/make-folders-public-again-after-privatised-during-password-creation-on-login-account.758748/
Relevancy 66.22%

okay here is the problem

i installed a windows 8.1 for my mom laptop and i had to use my Microsoft account to install the windows

i had no idea that i was able to create local account until i installed the windows + installed a lot of applications

when i try to create local account now it remove all data , app and settings  and no way i am gonna begin from the scratch 

Q : is there any way to convert the my account to local account without losing the data and apps ??

Q2 : How can i disable the password need ..... i mean every time the laptop hibernate it request the password and that's become annoying

Thanks in advance

A:windows 8.1 always account and password problem

A1: You should have created a Microsoft account for your mom, not used yours;

A2: Disable password: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options\System Settings►click on 'Change settings that are currently unavailable'►click 'Don't require a password'►Save changes. ☺

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521437/windows-81-always-account-and-password-problem/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello Tech Support forum users I would like to User Password Control Account ask for a help question with my window password problem I have made account password in admin and other was manage other account with password Then one day I remove my User Account Control Password admin password I thought I don't need it anymore except there User Account Control Password another one password I have forgotten about my other account have become admin because I removed my main password It happen to appear the manage other account had become administer account I only see my standard user account in my starting screen it has no passwords The other one with the password account doesn't seem to appear in the starting login screen I couldn't install any programs without my password My father try to use his reset disk I try of them Guest Account Toshiba None of them work It is on control panel user accounts help me I couldn't do anything If you don't understand me I'm very sorry I'm not very good at explanation of my problem Thanks for your support Peace Out Pain You

A:User Account Control Password

Sorry, but it's against the forum rules to assist you with circumventing passwords or other security measures. This topic is closed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/user-account-control-password-532138.html
Relevancy 66.22%

hi all,

i forgot my user account password, with out formatting the system how can i open my system?

thanks
srinivas

A:can any one help me? i forgot my user account password

Hi,

Since you've only just installed it, I recommend you just reinstall again:
Can i know steps to install windows 7 for new lenovo laptop(having DOS

Or, you could try this:
Password Reset

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239415-can-any-one-help-me-i-forgot-my-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi

I have forgotten my windows user account password and after a few unsuccessful attempts the account is now locked. Is there a way to bypass this without the cd? (running on windows vista business)

I have got slacko puppy from previous problem if that helps.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite Pro A300

A:User Account Password forgotten

Here is one solution: Offline Windows Password & Registry EditorThis is a utility to reset the password of any user that has a valid local account on your Windows system.Supports all Windows from NT3.5 to Win7, also 64 bit and also the Server versions (like 2003 and 2008)You do not need to know the old password to set a new one.It works offline, that is, you have to shutdown your computer and boot off a CD or USB disk to do the password reset.Will detect and offer to unlock locked or disabled out user accounts!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447060/user-account-password-forgotten/
Relevancy 66.22%

quot administrator user - Is an unelevated administrator account that is created by default during the installation of Windows or is already setup or you on a OEM ex Dell computer An administrator account has complete access to the computer and can make any desired changes To help make the computer more secure this administrator account type will be prompted by UAC by default User-Administrator For Password The Account to give confirmation before allowed to make any changes that require elevated administrator rights Such as those that affect the system other users or when running anything elevated Run as Administrator since running Password For The User-Administrator Account elevated will allow it to have access to the entire computer quot The above was taken from a Forums tutorial Is it possible to require a password for this account when operating Password For The User-Administrator Account in the standard User Account For example when I update the Windows Defender definitions I right click the file and click quot Run As Administrator quot It does so without requiring a password When quot Run As Administrator quot is clicked I would like to have to enter a password Possible or not

A:Password For The User-Administrator Account

Add a password to your administrator account.

A Standard user will be prompted for the password for "Run as administrator".
You will also need to enter the password to login to the administrator account.

Don't lose or forget the password !

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/266918-password-user-administrator-account.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have a Dell laptop that I only use when I travel and I have forgotten the password for my Windows user account. Is there a way to access my account and reset the password?

Thanks.

A:Forgotten User Account Password

Yes there is but unfortunately there is not a way that can be given here at TSG....

Please read the rules:

http://www.techguy.org/rules.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/forgotten-user-account-password.585532/
Relevancy 66.22%

After migrating to new windows 7 pc from windows XP using Easy Transfer I am refused the addition of a main user log on p/w. I suspect it may be because I didn't set a password before the transfer. Help!

A:can't create user account password

Did you try going into the user account section of the control panel and try adding a password to the main user account which would be the administrator account?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323584-cant-create-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 66.22%

my attachment says all

A:User account says Password protected

Hello Frenchman,

It depends on if the user account is a Microsoft account or local account.

If it's a Microsoft account, then you are out of luck since it's required to have a password, and it cannot be removed. You can change the password to whatever you like though.
Microsoft Account Password - Change or Reset in Windows 8
If it's a local account, then you could change it's password and leave the password fields empty to remove it and no longer be password protected.
Local Account Password - Change or Remove in Windows 8
Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/45954-user-account-says-password-protected.html
Relevancy 66.22%

i need to get into the administrator account on this laptop.

i barely know any information about this computer.
i am on a limited account.

it is a dell inspiron 1100.
& i am using windows xp pro.

obviously, i need to get the password for the administrator account.

i would really apprececiate some help on this matter.
please & thanks.

A:I need into my administrator user account but don't have the password.

Ask the administrator.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-need-into-my-administrator-user-account-but-dont-have-the-password.52618/
Relevancy 66.22%

My desktop Windows 7 PC is sick. When it finishes booting the log in page is displayed but only one user name is displayed, and the password (that my wife had taped to the display) is declined. There is no "Guest Account" or "Administrator Account" option displayed.

So far as I can tell, the only solution is to treat it like a lost password and re-install Windows using the format option which I believe means losing all files including all data files. Someone please tell me this ain't so!

JO

A:[SOLVED] User Account Password?

If you can't remember the password then you are correct you'll need to reinstall Windows.

We can not assist with with the bypass of passwords. It is against the forum rules.

This thread will now be locked. If you do require help on the reinstall you may create a new thread.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-user-account-password-694540.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi

I have a laptop running Windows 7 where I have an administrator account and a user account set up (not the Windows 7 guest account). When someone logs onUo the User account there are two *.exe files which do not run without requesting administrator passwords to run. How do I set these files to run without administrator passwords in the User account? They are not harmful applications and are related to the battery management on the laptop.

CeeGee

A:Administrator Password In User Account

Here is a link. Not sure if will help, but helped me.
Add Take Ownership Option Shortcut in Right Click Menu of Windows 7
Go down to the link that says download "take ownership"

Unzip the file, using WinRar.

While in said user account, go to the files you unzipped, double-click the "install Take ownership.reg"

It will install a right-click option in the context menu that allows you to take ownership of a given file or folder.

BE ADVISED: maybe make duplicates of the .exe files in question in case it doesn't work. Or you can re-download them again I guess.

If it works and you are done and happy, you can double-click the "removeTakeownership.reg" and it will remove the entry from your registry as well as the option in the right-click context menu.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/77270-administrator-password-user-account.html
Relevancy 66.22%

When I purchased my laptop some 4 years ago, a user account control password was set. I have absolutely no idea what it is. It is set as the administrator account. Up til Vista caused a problem with my user profile I didn't have any problem since I logged in under that account. Is there any way to find out what my password was set as. I've tried downloading ophcrack and it didn't find the password. HELP. I can't do any updating until I figure out what the password is. Toshiba can't help.

A:User Account Control Password

Hello Bandybear, and welcome to Vista Forums.

What is the issue you are having with your user profile?

Have you already tried doing a system restore at boot using a restore point (if available) dated before you started having this user profile issue?

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/297312-user-account-control-password.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Good idea or not? Also what if you forgot your pass then how can you get back on your account?

A:Setting up a user account password?

Passwords are always good.

Here is a Tutorial: User Account - Reset Password in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/341807-setting-up-user-account-password.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Dear SirRight now I m using model No. 15-ac103nx. My problem is that when I want to change my user account password it's always said wrong.but when I open the system I put same password that time open. For example my user name is Shamshad Ali and password is [email protected] with the help of this password I open the system but when I lock the system (Windows key+ L) that time also said wrong password so plz help.Thanks& RegardsShamshad Ali+966571265068Saudi Arabia

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/User-account-password-issue/td-p/5792742
Relevancy 65.79%

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium

In Control Panel/User Accounts, I use my FIRST NAME on an Administrator account and log in with this name.

However, when I open Windows Explorer, my user account shows my SURNAME, which I would like to change to my first name. I have no idea why it should show my surname (unless this was in the original set up) - all the other user accounts are correct.

I do not want to create a new account and delete the present one as I would lose all my folders under my present user account.

Can you help, please?

A:Problem with user account name in Windows Explorer

Hope this tutorial helps

User Profile Folder - Change User Account Folder Name

Your last name is showing up because you might have entered it while installing Windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/304611-problem-user-account-name-windows-explorer.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I just got my new PC and I stupidly created a new folder in the directory under C user and called it User as the one that used to be called that had somehow got renamed then I copied files from the another user account into it Then I created a new user account to log into the PC on fire up called User and stupidly gave it an administrator status without a password Now when I fire it up and click on that new user account it will not open and a message comes up saying The user profile service service failed the login User profile cannot be loaded If I go into Control Panel and user accounts I cannot delete the account or change the status of it back to standard because it keeps asking for a password and there is none problem user 7-32bit Windows account Even if I create one it just ignores it obviously something to do with the first error that comes up as quoted earlier Help anyone out there

A:Windows 7-32bit user account problem

Quote: Originally Posted by mrichardson

I just got my new PC and I stupidly created a new folder in the directory under C:\user\and called it User (as the one that used to be called that had somehow got renamed) then I copied files from the another user account into it. Then I created a new user account to log into the PC on fire up called User and stupidly gave it an administrator status without a password.

Now when I fire it up, and click on that new user account it will not open and a message comes up saying “The user profile service service failed the login, User profile cannot be loaded” If I go into Control Panel and user accounts I cannot delete the account or change the status of it back to standard because it keeps asking for a password and there is none. Even if I create one it just ignores it, obviously something to do with the first error that comes up as quoted earlier. Help anyone out there!!!

Two things you can try doing:

First:

(pulled this from here)

Quote:
1. Restart your computer and hit F8 multiples times until you see a menu-like screen, if you see the Windows splash screen then repeat this step
2. Highlight and hit enter on Safe Mode with Command Prompt. Try logging in there. If it still doesn't work, then go to step17
3. If you are able to login, once a command prompt pops up, type: net user administrator password /active:yes (you can specify whatever password you want for the administrator account.)
4. If you get a message saying "The command completed successfully", then restart your computer by typing: shutdown -r
5. Boot up again pressing F8, but this time choose just Safe Mode.
6. You will be able to login as Administrator with the password you set in Step 3
7. Hit (windows logo)+R
8. Type regedit
9. Once the registry editor opens up, look for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList
10. In the left pane, find the one that starts with S-1-5..... and ends with .BAK; if you don't find one, skip to step 15
11. Right click it and click Rename, then change the .BAK to .BK
12. Right click the one with the same numbering but without the .BAK and add .BAK add the end
13. Right click the one that you renamed to .BK and clickRename, delete the .BK
14. Eventually, you have switched the .BAK from the end of the second entry to the first. That should probably fix your problem.
15. If you didn't find a .BAK then try this: Open Windows Explorer to C:\Users\Default\AppData\Local\Application Data
16. If you find another Application Data below the one you're on, then delete it. That should probably also fix your problem.
17. If you can't login in Safe Mode, then reboot and hit F8 until you see the menu again, then hit enter highlightingRepair Your Computer
18. Wait until all Windows Files finish loading, then hitNext when it asks keyboard language.
19. Try logging in here also, choose your user from the dropdown menu, and type the password, then jump to step 23
20. If that still doesn't work, then if you have your Windows Installation CD still, put it in and restart your computer.
21. Hit F12 until you see a menu of boot options, choose Boot from CD
22. Choose keyboard language then hit next. Find Repair Your Computer from a little below the center left.
23. Choose Open Command Prompt and type: net user administrator password /active:yes (here again you can specify a password)
24. Close the command prompt and click Restart and jump to step 5
To disable the administrator account, type this in an elevated command prompt: net user administrator /active:no

Second:
Error message when you log on to a Windows Vista-based or Windows 7-based computer by using a temporary profile: "The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded" -- Run the Mr. Fix It tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138744-windows-7-32bit-user-account-problem.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Somehow i have been changed to a standard user n now no one is an administrator.I cant download upgrades,change parental controls or even fix the time

A:Windows 7-user account control problem

install this

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windo...menu-in-vista/

then right click on the file and take ownership

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-user-account-control-problem-460690.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Ok so i sorta network password user Changeing over account help out as a sys Changeing user account password over network admin at my friends work but im not computer expert Just a computer and networking lover And about every Changeing user account password over network few months i change my admin user account password on all the computers It s a small workgroup no domain of about computers And im looking for a easy way to change the password on all the computers over the network if possible in a workgroup So i came across PsPasswd from sysinternals now owned by M but i dont think it would work for a workgroup enviroment and i dont really understand how to use it This is the user install guide it provides quot Installation Copy PsPasswd onto your executable path and type pspasswd with command-line options defined below Usage You can use PsPasswd to change the password of a local or domain account on the local or a remote computer usage pspasswd computer computer file -u username -p password Username NewPassword computer Run the command on the computer or computers specified If you omit the computer name the command runs on the local system and if you enter a computer name of then the command runs on all computers in the current domain file Execute the command on each of the computers listed in the file -u Specifies optional user name for login to remote computer -p Specifies optional password for user name If you omit this you will be prompted to enter a hidden password Username Specifies name of account for password change NewPassword New password If ommitted a NULL password is applied quot OK so for starters if this will work in my workgroup enviroment what does the first line mean when it says quot Copy PsPasswd onto your executable path and type pspasswd with command-line options defined below quot The rest of my questions ill ask if this would work in the workgroup Or if you have any suggestions for mass password change in a workgroup also note my admin username and password is the same across the board at the place Any and all help would be awesome nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changeing-user-account-password-over-network.540399/
Relevancy 65.36%

Is there a way to require a password whenever the UAC Box appears I'm wondering Is there a way to force UAC to require a password anytime it pops up I've been trying to increase security by using a non admin account but that presents a problem First of all I can't use some programs due to inaccesible files Not to mention I have to log into an admin account anytime that I want to do anything User Control: Required? Account Password security related I don't like to use the admin account because after the initial password there is very little internal security other than a User Account Control: Password Required? UAC box User Account Control: Password Required? and even those are just Yes No What I want seems to be a mix of the two similar to the way user accounts work on OS X Whenever I attempt to access something secure ie something that UAC would notify on Windows should ask me for the administrative password This way even if User Account Control: Password Required? I'm on an admin account I'd still need the password to access the feature instead of just getting a worthless pop up that asks me whether I'd like to proceed Apparently in some installations a standard user would be prompted by a password when trying to access something security related On my computer I just get an error and or a dialog that says to log into an administrative account This is the type of prompt I want

A:User Account Control: Password Required?

Hi,

Link applies to Vista UAC - have not tested if there are any major differences in 7.

Configuring and Disabling User Account Control

Hope this helps and regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/77378-user-account-control-password-required.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am using Windows XP Home Edition with SP2. When attempting to enter a password through the User Accounts in control panel something went wrong. Now when windows starts the password I thought I had entered does not work. Is there any way to get pass this program and eliminate the password. I am the only user on this computer.

A:Solved: Trouble with a User Account Password

Boot into Safe Mode and log in as administrator, (if you are asked for an admin password, try leaving it blank, as this is the default setting)
Once logged on as admin, you should be able to access the user accounts and change or remove the password.

To get into safe mode, keep tapping the F8 key early in the boot up process (Some keyboards may require you to turn on the F Lock feature first)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-trouble-with-a-user-account-password.365080/
Relevancy 65.36%

OKay, so i just got vista and my cousin et up the accounts and my sister is the administrator. I wanted to download something from the web but i needed administrative permisisons, and seeing that my sister can be a total $@#^% sometimes she won't let me change me to the administrator for awhiel whiel id ownload the thing. I tried to figure out her password but no luck. I searched the web trying to see if there was a way around it, but nothing helped. Can anybody tell me if if can do something here?

A:USer account password/administrator permissions

I would suggest you speak to the administrator - your sister.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/233926-user-account-password-administrator-permissions.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Every time I open my laptop, I have to put in my password even when it hasn't been shut down.

Is there a way to set it up where the only time I have to put in the password is after I've shut down or restarted it instead of putting it in after it's simply been closed? Or will I just have to remove the password all together?

A:Change User Account Password Settings?

Power Settings > Left side bar "Require a password on wakeup", then "Change settings that are currently unavailable", and now "Don't require a password"

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/188066-change-user-account-password-settings.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I have a win XP machine
I was recently trying to setup a home lan and that's when the problem started. I have a huawei dsl router and when I installed "Client for Microsoft Networks" (through local area connection) it prompted for a restart and that's when my logon screen changed.

My username with admin privilege disappeared. However, the same password now seems to work with the username "administrator"

I use logonstudio but now the winxp professional logon shows up with "Administrator" already typed in the username field.

I then unstalled the router softwares and lan settings. I tried to do system restore but it fails. What could be the problem?

Relevancy 65.36%

Can I simplify first time setup as follows: since I am the only user, can I set up a single user account with administrative privileges and no password, given I have no microsoft account just local? If I do not need a password, how do I set it up without one? If I do that, will it complicate being the administrator? Thanks for any help!

EDIT: I will be using Windows 8, Home edition

A:Setup-single user account with no password?

Hello JoGirl, and welcome to Eight Forums.

Yes. You would just need to set it up using a "Local" account instead of a "Microsoft" account. Only with a local account can you leave the password fields blank to not have one.

The only issue with it being an administrator account without a password protection would be a security issue of everyone being able to use the account since there is no password they must type before being allowed to.

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/15263-setup-single-user-account-no-password.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi I work from home on the PC shared by my kids and friends when they come around I also tend to do the same work on my laptop for instance if the kids are watching Tv or something so I can be with them whilst also getting my work done My problem is twofold Firstly I want to be able to make it that the kids can t access my documents on the PC account Password folders/user protection on but that they can still be shared across the network when I am working on my laptop XP settings seem to be all or nothing either it s private or shared with everyone Secondly I want them to only be available to my laptop and not others on the same network I ve looked through all the settings and can t find a way to do it When I was office-based we had a way older version of windows and were able select a user-name from another comp and were prompted for the password Is there somewhere I need to switch this method on for XP Thanks nbsp

A:Password protection on folders/user account

Hace you creates a separate profile for the kids/guests and granted limited user access?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/password-protection-on-folders-user-account.986050/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello guys So I decided to create a thread here in case any (ophcrack/TRK) Lost account. on user password of you know what to do I've checked several internet pages but my problem seems to persist I just got my desktop Windows Home Premium back after a year from where it was stored but I have forgotten my password completely I have tried several options of password retrieval removal - Ophcrack CD Lost password on user account. (ophcrack/TRK) D VD - TRK Trinity Rescue Kit Lost password on user account. (ophcrack/TRK) CD DVD Ophcrack had an issue with not being able to find the tables displaying the message quot no drivers found quot no matter what I try to click on that might help me in my case TRK also encounters a problem where it says quot Trying to find TRK on your CD-drive s TRK not found on CD Checking harddisks amp USB sticks sleep secs let them settle in SCSI CDROM TSSTCORP CDDVD SH-S J SB PQ ANSI SR Attached SCSI generic Sg type cat etc trkhd No such file or directory Seems we didn't find anything yet Trying CD-drives once more Try to find TRK on your cd-drive s Seems we didn't find the TRK medium Manually enter the device on which TRK can be found e g 'sda ' If I enter sda it just tells me that something is wrong could not load no such file in directory Any idea on what to do instead do to fix it I want to try to avoid having to reinstall my whole computer and I appreciate to have the answer as easy as possible because I'm not that much of a computer-person x Kidd

A:Lost password on user account. (ophcrack/TRK)

Hello and welcome to the forums Kidd!

Follow this tutorial to reset your Windows 7 account password:-

Password Reset

Hope that helps!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238704-lost-password-user-account-ophcrack-trk.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I am now experiencing this problem. The User Account Control won't allow me to type in any character..... There's no cursor, and the only option highlighted is "Cancel". I think i know how n why this happened. I made an adjustment in the account settings,out of curiousity, and now I can't reverse it.

but that's only the TIP of the iceberg... I tried to do a system restore to a previous point but i keep getting a error message. the big ISSUE is that i dont remember the adminstrator password and there's only ONE admistrator, not only that the administrator account. I cant log in to to one of my standard user account "failed log in".. PLEASE HELP... i know this is numerous issues. PLEASE HELP!!!!

A:UAC - User Account Control will not allow any entry into the Password Box.

Welcome!

Assisting in forgotten password threads is against the rules here, but we can address the issue legitimately.

It sounds as if something is messed up in the OS. Quite logical huh?

I think we can address all 3 issues I can suspect in 1 step here, without breaking any policies.

I recommend a custom install: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...ndows-7-a.html

That will backup your data, but still do a clean install. Just remember not to format!

That will address a possibility of malware, corrupted OS, take care of the password issue, and remove all programs that may be contributing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/uac-user-account-control-will-not-allow-any-entry-into-the-password-box-514290.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I hope someone can help.  I set up Win8 and used my Hotmail account.  I saved the password so that I would log in automatically.  Then, I changed the password to my Hotmail account, on the web, not through Win 8.

So, now, when I turn on the computer, the saved password is not the right one. Not a big deal, but "pesky".  Does anyone know where I can change the saved password?

I have found many articles regarding CHANGING the password.  I do not want to change my Hotmail password, I want to change the one that is STORED in Win 8.

Thanks in advance!

A:Change STORED User Account password

Wouldn't you be able to just change it via "PC settings"?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504846/change-stored-user-account-password/
Relevancy 65.36%

Have Windows XP and had only one account name to log in. Can't remember password. I assume the only way I can get back in is either:
1. Reload windows and start over (unless disc allows me to jump to setting User up), or
2. I've heard there is other software one can use to reveal password or get around it?

pete

A:Solved: User account password forgotten

If you are the System administrator you can start another account Control Panel > User Accounts Otherwise --- ???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-user-account-password-forgotten.317016/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everyone, hope someone can help. I thought I were using the Admin account my my new laptop, but it seems I am not, as I am denied permission to do certain tasks.

Anyhow, when I try to switch users to one I setup when I first got the laptop, I cant remember my password. Is there anyway of resetting this password?

I remember setting up the second user account, and even renamed it to GSi-R which related to my work, but for the life of me, I cannot remember my password. I have tried all combinations of what I use in other forums etc, but all to no avail.

My OS is in Finnish, and my Finnish is not that great at the moment due to still learning the language, so if anyone could help me reset this password in simple terms so i can understand each step that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Micky

A:Forgot password on second user account on my laptop

Working on it now with someone, thanks for your help lol

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/123155-forgot-password-second-user-account-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi!

I never created an administrator account before I let my son take over my laptop, screw with the administrative accounts so I don't have one, and now I can't download software for my camera.

Now that I've been locked out of administrator accounts, how do I accomplish the installation and further more, how can I get my admin account back and thus regain control over my own machine?

Thank you!

A:changing user name and password on administrator account

We can't help you with this because we have no way to verify that you actually own this computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-user-name-and-password-on-administrator-account.770230/
Relevancy 65.36%

How to crack the Admin password with out a user account.

A:Cracking the admin password without a user account

Please read the Rules
we do not assist in cracking passwords

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cracking-the-admin-password-without-a-user-account-366968.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Does using User Account passwords on Vista make it more secure? It sure is annoying to have to enter it all the time!

We have two logins on our computer both setup as Admin, and I read on here or another geek board that passwords should be used on Admin accounts. Is this true or does it not make a big deal since our firewall is pretty good.

A:Vista User Administrator Account Password

Yes, its always a good idea, malware and viruses can easily by pass a firewall if you browse to dodgy side by accident and they can get control of your computer. I would also recommend keeping UAC on to ensure further security.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-user-administrator-account-password.707821/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi Friends,

I'm working on a Dell Laptop that has Windows 8.1 on it. User can't remember his password. I've tried at least 5 different various tools to get in, and all of them either don't see the drive, or see the drive but see no accounts, or give me error messages when I try to use net user to reset the password from outside the OS.

Please assist!

Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum to post this in.

Thank you!
James

A:Trying to Get Into Local Account, User Lost Password

Sorry, but our forum rules do not allow us to assist with password related matters as we have no way of checking the validity of the request, this is not any sort of accusation, and we hope you will understand our reasons

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/75763-trying-get-into-local-account-user-lost-password.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I installed Windows 8.1. I can sign on without using an administrator password. However, to open documents I get the User Account Control asking me to enter an administrator password. I didn't get this with Windows 7. For instance, when I go to Windows Update and I want to right click on optional downloads to hide the update, I get the User Account Control box asking for the password. Is there any way to delete or disable the Administrator Password function in Windows 8? Thanks in advance.

A:User Account Control and Administrator Password

What account are you using what type is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-account-control-and-administrator-password.1124992/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I am new here and have searched previous Post and Threads without success for this problem This is on my sons computer which is a CompaQ Presario PC with INtel Pentium Dual Core Processor E It is using Windows Vista Home Premium I do not know nor does he if it has any updated Service Packs For some time now and I have no idea how long as he recently brought it to my attention Vista request a password in the UAC but will not allow ANY charactors to be typed in It demands the password to do any changes to the computer and to run many programs I was successful today in changing my administrator password but still Vista will not allow me to any the Box. not entry Password UAC Control will allow into Account User - enter the password into the UAC so changing the password did nothing I am UAC - User Account Control will not allow any entry into the Password Box. going to go back after posting this and see if I can again change the password leaving it blank However attempting to turn off the password failed Logging on as guest also requires the password to be entered but will not accept any charactors at all to be entered Any help will be greatly appreciated Thank you Bill K

A:UAC - User Account Control will not allow any entry into the Password Box.

Additional Information. The UAC pop-up window also only gives me the highlighted box to Cancil the process. It will not allow me to Continue. Further: A box at the top of the pop-up also advises that an Unidentified Program Needs Permission To Run.

Bill K.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/uac-user-account-control-will-not-allow-any-entry-into-the-password-box-457537.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I note that there have been several other posts on this subject but I cannot see one that solves my problem I was transferring files from one external drive to another I found a problem with problem Windows User Unknown 8.1 Permission Account a set of folders that I could not transfer with permission which should have been fine as I Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem have administrator rights Looking at the folder permissions I found an unknown user account Looking for solutions I tried to delete this account but was not allowed unless I turned off inherited permissions I tried turning off the inheritance but this resulted in an error saying it failed to enumerate the number of objects in the container access denied Looking at some individual files in one of the offending folders properties showed 'Unable to display current owner' selecting the 'Change' option allowed me Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem to change the file ownership to Everyone - Full Control and I could then move or delete the file There are quite a lot of files to do Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem so is there a way to change all the affected folder amp file permissions in one move Rgds Jon

A:Windows 8.1 Unknown User Account Permission problem

Hi Jon, welcome to the Eight Forums.

The user profile with SID (security identifier) ending with 1001 is usually (not always) the first user account created when Windows is installed or a pre-installed Windows booted first time. In most cases this means it's your own user account.

You can check for which user account that SID belongs by giving the following command in Command Prompt:

Code:
wmic useraccount get name,sid

This example from my laptop, the first account I created when I installed Windows 8.1 was a local account called Admin which got the SID 1001:

SID ending with 500 belongs always to the built-in administrator account, SID ending with 501 to built-in Guest account, whether these two accounts are enabled and active or not. Other user accounts start from 1000.

What the above means is that you have most probably tried to remove your own account. Don't do that !

Kari

http://www.eightforums.com/system-security/54648-windows-8-1-unknown-user-account-permission-problem.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Cannot remember password OR typed it in wrong on both entries When I use the tool for recovering resetting the password The system takes me to problem problem Account Live Password or Windows a reset function where I am able to put in a new password twice but the screen that follows does not show successful entry but rather one block asking me to enter the old password Cannot break this loop Have been running W for - months and cannot roll back computer Cannot understand why system calls for quot old password quot when I do not know Password problem or Windows Live Account problem the old password which is the reason for trying to create a new one Please some help to recover the password OR remove the Windows Live account logging on Settings show I am using the Microsoft Server but I cannot download from the Store Although this password problem is recent I have never been able to get to the store I created a whole new Live Account but I cannot break into the login process to change the user Also can do contro-alt-del to switch user but this also does not work

A:Password problem or Windows Live Account problem

Originally Posted by larsco2002

Cannot remember password, OR typed it in wrong on both entries. When I use the tool for recovering/resetting the password. The system takes me to a reset function, where I am able to put in a new password twice, but the screen that follows does not show successful entry, but rather one block asking me to enter the old password. Cannot break this loop. Have been running W10 for 2-3 months and cannot roll back computer.

Cannot understand why system calls for "old password" when I do not know the old password, which is the reason for trying to create a new one.

Please some help to recover the password, OR remove the Windows Live account logging on

Settings show I am using the Microsoft Server, but I cannot download from the Store.

Although this password problem is recent, I have never been able to get to the store.

I created a whole new Live Account, but I cannot break into the login process to change the user. Also can do contro-alt-del, to switch user, but this also does not work.

Hey there,

Have you tried resetting the password online? Try going here to reset it.

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/29892-password-problem-windows-live-account-problem.html
Relevancy 64.93%

in windows 7 how do i disable creating a new user account and password
what should i stop/remove/disable...services or what???
give me an instructions pls

the reason im doing this cause my little bro keep creating an account, then my windows settings are screwed up and files are moved

A:how do i disable creating a new user account & password (answer pls)

open registry (regedit)
follow the following tree
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
in the right of the window you will find EnableLUA. Open it and change its value to 0.

that's all.

.... Was this helpful?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/249097-how-do-i-disable-creating-new-user-account-password-answer-pls.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to change an Administrator account password or create a new administrator account without booting into the actual drive that Windows XP is on, but rather when the drive is accessed from externally (eg. USB). I know the original administrator password. Thanks.
-Suan

A:Changing User Account Password Without Booting Into Drive

If you know the original password just log on and use the control panel. Also it is against the forum rules to discuss unautorised accsess to a system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changing-user-account-password-without-booting-into-drive.745542/
Relevancy 64.93%

Windows 7 OS 64 bit.
My account on the PC is an administrator account and has no problem, I have set up another standard user account for my spouse but have password problems with this account.

Originally I set up the standard account with a password, later as administrator I then removed the password from the account and the screen tells me that the password has been removed. The problem is that one month on from the password being removed the system puts the original password back onto the standard user account. I then have to go back into control panel/user account and remove the password, the accounts screen shows that the password has been removed. The problem is that one month later the password automatically reapplies itself and has to be manually removed yet again.

Any ideas anyone!

A:User account password sets itself on again one month after removal

A couple of links that may help:
Password Expiration Warning - Change Time
How to change the password expiry notice default

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/347310-user-account-password-sets-itself-again-one-month-after-removal.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi have had this problem for a while now and any help would be greatly appreciated Essentially I cannot install anything as it requires User Account Control verification but the password field for the admin pass does not show up so the only option each Account as install no Control Cannot User password in anything field time is to click 'No' and cancel the installation I Cannot install anything as no password field in User Account Control assume this is because there is no admin password set I tried for a long while previously I have tried to enter using safe mode and try and disable UAC yet when doing so the UAC actually pops up in sade mode without the pass field again I have also tried using Offline NT Registor and Password Editor to create a new pass for the admin yet no luck as the admin afterwards doesn't require a pass nor does the pass field in the UAC show I would really like to find a way to solve this and am willing to do whatever anyone recommends Thanks

A:Cannot install anything as no password field in User Account Control

Hello Archaic, and welcome to Seven Forums.

If the administrator account doesn't have a password set, then you should be able to just log into the administrator account and create a password for it as usual. Without a password, you would just leave the password field blank and press enter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/185095-cannot-install-anything-no-password-field-user-account-control.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Dell laptop that I haven't rebooted in months so when it shut itself off b c battery died I not longer remembered the password for Windows Win I tried too many passwords and apparently shut off the account b c when I obtained the password my hubby remembered it it not longer worked I looked up for ways to reset the password I times many Now too Tried Forgot gone! &Locked account. password. user managed to boot the laptop from a Macrium recovery disk amp open a command prompt Forgot password. Tried too many times &Locked account. Now user gone! First on the menu that allows you to change boot order I also set a password for the admin it had not been set before So Forgot password. Tried too many times &Locked account. Now user gone! now I'm logged in as admin from the CD and opened a command window Now resetting the user password for the account called quot owner quot should be cake However is not b c the username account seems to be missing when I type quot net users quot I only get two accounts guest and admin No trace of the user account called quot owner quot which is the only one I ever used quot I also get an error quot The command completed with one or more errors quot I read that that may be b c the account got somehow corrupted Does anyone know how to Forgot password. Tried too many times &Locked account. Now user gone! tell if the user account is corrupted Any guidance for how to recover the account amp it's password

A:Forgot password. Tried too many times &Locked account. Now user gone!

Here is a whole page of things concerning user accounts.
I really don't know which one you need.
Take a look see.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutsearch...user%20account

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/364942-forgot-password-tried-too-many-times-locked-account-now-user-gone.html
Relevancy 64.93%

In Windows Vista, when I try to execute a program from a standard user account that requires the admin password, it says the password is incorrect. It is the correct password because using the same password, I can log in to the Admin account.

Can someone help?

A:Standard user account will not accept Admin password

Welcome
Lets first make sure that the problem is not worse than it seems
Run an sfc check
System Files - SFC Command
Make a full anti virus scan
Download and run a full scan with malwarebytes.
If all are negative
Open another user account and see if the problem persisits, it may be corruption in one account.

http://www.vistax64.com/system-security/291426-standard-user-account-will-not-accept-admin-password.html
Relevancy 64.93%

hello sorry for remove back user my revert it i password, account but bad english yesterday i buy ssd for my notebook so i installed windows ultimate bit using file ISO X - then i install it i give the username in the setup as quot my name quot then when the setup asking for password lets say i fill it with quot qwerty quot as my password okay my installation is done when it comes to windows logon it asking for password so i put my password earlier quot qwerty quot but it says password incorrect i dont know what happen but im sure that i didnt put my password wrongly because its really easy to remember actually my plan i remove my user account password, but it revert back is to change password when i arrive at desktop but i stuck at windows logon so i restart my notebook and go to safe mode go to the i remove my user account password, but it revert back user account at control panel and remove the password okay now my password is removed but i want to make sure so i close the user account windows then i go to the user account again but i surprised that my account still have password i dont know why its still have password so i remove again but its revert again so i delete that account and make new administrator account lets say the name of the new admin account is quot anon quot and that's worked now i can go pass the windows logon and go to the desktop but the name quot anon quot i dont like it cause i just randomly give the name I want the name that I've used when installing windows its quot my name quot so i created another administator account and give the name as quot my name quot but it suddenly have password again omg i dont know what to do so i assume the name when i put when installing windows is still stuck with the password so how to make the password completely gone im asking this because i've experienced something more unusual years ago i reinstalled my windows and install windows that time i didnt put any password just blank but when it comes to windows logon it asking password so i want to know what the cause of this problem thx for helping

A:i remove my user account password, but it revert back

Delete the strange account totally (when logged on good working account). Reboot (not necessary I think). Strange account is really gone? Remake the account without a password. Works?
Set password on that again

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/289792-i-remove-my-user-account-password-but-revert-back.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I am a Vista Home Premium user It all started when I kept getting a User Name and Initials prompt upon opening any Office document WORD or EXCEL I troubleshooted Log-On Account Prompt Off Solved: User Password for in Can't and Turn the issue uninstalled and reinstalled Office and still the nagging prompt panel Upon Googling the issue I discovered that I was unable to open or change permissions in the registry User Info file in the registry Still researching this issue just today I am now when the UAC kicks in getting a prompt to Solved: Can't Turn Off Prompt for Password in User Account and Log-On enter my OS log-on password When I put in the password it doesn t take it and the prompt for password screen returns I believe that the registry has locked this feature and I am thus unable to get the password to register This is alarming Is this an indication of malware or virus I am presently running Trend Micro but have no idea how to proceed I went to try and turn off UAC but when I click to do this it prompts for my password doesn t take the password so I am not able to access this feature Any help would be greatly appreciated I am sorry if I am being unclear but basically I am getting the OS password now--when for example I right click on a program and go to RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR the password prompt comes up nbsp

A:Solved: Can't Turn Off Prompt for Password in User Account and Log-On

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-turn-off-prompt-for-password-in-user-account-and-log-on.834831/
Relevancy 64.93%

My administrator password is not accepted when prompted for administrator password in user accounts. Why is this

A:Administrator login password not accepted by user account

Password help is against the forum rules> Rules

Other then saying if you have never entered one to leave it blank that's all we can do.

Thread closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/administrator-login-password-not-accepted-by-user-account-694813.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I locked my computer today and when the screen came up to log back on, an old user name was in first box. I typed in old password for the account and logged on. Tried again and found i can log on, with that password on both accounts. Even though one account is Non-existant...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-old-user-password-still-works-even-though-account-is-deleted.461872/
Relevancy 64.5%

Tech-Spotters I have a tricky problem transfering user accounts between Windows Problem Transfer Windows Tricky XP Account/Profile User XP machines I have a friend who needs two employees to swap their computers This requires me to swap their user accounts between the machines Naturally I used Windows File amp Settings Transfer Wizard FAST I d tranfer the accounts then delete the old ones Well FAST overlayed the existing account on both machines Oops I think I figured out why Since both machines only had the one user account the default name was quot owner quot for Tricky Windows XP User Account/Profile Transfer Problem both So FAST just added to the existing quot owner Tricky Windows XP User Account/Profile Transfer Problem quot account rather than create a new one Thankfully I imaged both machines before trying it and restored them to their original state Now I m looking for a SEAMLESS method for swapping the user accounts on both machines I know I could just create new quot dummy quot accounts and copy the files and settings in it from the other machine manually but there s the chance I could mess it up I was just wondering if someone has a clever seamless method for doing this TIA -- Andy nbsp

A:Tricky Windows XP User Account/Profile Transfer Problem

You can't modify an existing account that way. When using "FAST", you need to create the account you need first, then the files/settings will be transferred to that.
Start over, don't creat any dummy accounts, create the accounts required (I assume they have different names?). RUn the "FAST" in the newly created accounts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tricky-windows-xp-user-account-profile-transfer-problem.134887/
Relevancy 64.5%

I'm the only user on this laptop and my admin account to Profile/Account User admin problem (can't account) login original was called quot HybridPC quot and I disabled the windows login screen Turn computer on and goes right to desktop One day the welcome screen popped up out of nowhere and I had to login I tried disabling the login screen to where it was before and now I've screwed things up royally I cannot login to my original admin account or find it All the files are still there on my C Users HybridPC folder but I've lost the profile and user I think I messed things up further by trying to create delete other new user accounts I've attached screenshots showing my C users folder User account screen and the netplwiz exe profiles I've been adding deleting and can't get back to square one I don't see my user at all on the welcome screen Thanks for your help Top User Folder is new today and odd looking as I was attempting to fix on my own

A:User Profile/Account problem (can't login to original admin account)

Hello tytlyf, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Let's start to see if you disabled or deleted your "HybridPC" by using the tutorial below to get details about all accounts on your computer while you are logged in to your "Admin" account, then post back with them. Afterwards, we can go from there.

User Accounts - View Detailed Information About in Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/357762-user-profile-account-problem-cant-login-original-admin-account.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Locked out of User Admin Account - wrong password guesses Help guys I ve had my account LOCKED acc name quot SENIOR quot on my home PC running WIN XP Professional version i e no SP s The kids typed in the wrong password guesses?[/B] User/Admin Account password wrong - of out [B]Locked too many times and now WIN has decided to lock the account for me This account was set up with full Admin rights so I do all my system admin through it There is another Administrator account on the machine - I guess we d call this the MAIN Admin account - but I ve never had reason to use it so I ve forgotten the password for this one and I ve tried a couple to no avail Don t want to keep guessing for fear of locking this one out too Through another user account with [B]Locked out of User/Admin Account - wrong password guesses?[/B] min priviledges I have access to the machine and I can get to my usual account in Command Prompt lt runas user SENIOR i e username cmd gt but I [B]Locked out of User/Admin Account - wrong password guesses?[/B] m not familiar enough with command prompts to figure out how I can restore my main usual account i e SENIOR Anybody able to point me in the right [B]Locked out of User/Admin Account - wrong password guesses?[/B] direction quot Oh kids - I just love em - but I couldn t eat a full one quot - tia J nbsp

A:[B]Locked out of User/Admin Account - wrong password guesses?[/B]

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/b-locked-out-of-user-admin-account-wrong-password-guesses-b.406267/
Relevancy 64.07%

hi
every time i type my password in to my user acccount on my pc it starts to log on but within a matter of seconds it logs itself off again
i tried to log on, on safe mode but it does the exact same thing
i think it may be due to a virus: spzru.exe
cany anyone help me with this?

A:computer automatically logs off as soon as i type my password in on my user account

Did you use Search and Destroy by any chance? I'm having the same problems but I can't fix due to my computer's limitations, still looking for a fix :o

Look here - No wait here xD

Good luck! Hopefully you have more than me

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-automatically-logs-off-as-soon-as-i-type-my-password-in-on-my-user-account-280200.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm trying to backup the pictures, music, and videos that are saved on my buddies laptop. He forgot the password for the main account and whenever I try to transfer files to an external hard drive, a screen pops up and tells me to it cannot transfer files without password. Is there anyway to get around this? EDIT: I thought maybe it would be important to add that the account that I'm using to get access to the files must not have permissions to change anything on the computer. Don't ask me how my friend figured out how to restrict himself from changing anything on the computer, but he did and this general lack of knowledge about computers, likely got in into the trouble, that now is going to require me to do a full restore.

A:Trying to backup files before doing full restore, but don't have the password for user account

Is this subject taboo or something?

Is it possible for me to work around this password? If not, I can always just lose the pictures, music, and videos... but I'm trying to avoid this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/462903/trying-to-backup-files-before-doing-full-restore-but-dont-have-the-password-for-user-account/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have Windows Home premium OS on my gateway laptop which has only one user account of adminstrator type and on turning on that wrong user enters password automatically account Virus laptop that user password gets entered Automatically which is unexpected and its very long dots Then i have to hit enter which shows Wrong password message and then it allows me to enter my password then entering this time my password windows get started one week before my PC got infected with few viruses and one of that was not letting me Virus that enters user account wrong password automatically to type certain keys so I reinstalled windows from scratch on my Gateway laptop with factory default settings to wipe out everything Now I can use my Keyboard at full extent But on starting the PC still it shows me that problem of unexpected password gets entered for user account and its very long to the limit of password length I tried Norton antivirus amp MalwareBytes premium trial versions did full scan but it shows my system has no virus malware Also I checked all keys of my keyboard in Notepad and they are functioning properly my concern is that i have done re-installation of OS with no data backup like new pc but still on Admin user login screen it automatically enters the long password to full extent Please advise

A:Virus that enters user account wrong password automatically

Please try to make another user user account and see if it happens againPlease try it once in safe mode see if that happens in safe mode also. Mod Edit:  Merged posts - Hamluis.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557433/virus-that-enters-user-account-wrong-password-automatically/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everybody, recently my desktop running on Win xp started to boot very very slowly (unimaginable ... it's not posssible to work !!!! horrible!!!) so I tried to boot into SafeMode. But in safemode after loading some files it displays Safemode in four corners and stops. I've a password protected account and "My Documents" folder is not accesssible to other users. When I try to get the files from "My documents" folder by connecting the SATA HDD to another PC, the folder shows empty and when I try to copy it, it doesn't allow. Pls tell me how to get back the files and folders. After backigup the files I'll format the drive and clean install Win xp. Thanx in advance...
shashi

A:Accessing folders/files of Password protected User account in Win XP

Try this on your other pc with the laptops hard drive connected:

Use an Administrators account:

(1)
open my computer and from top menu select tools >Folder options > View :

Then scroll to the bottom of the list in window and UNTICK "Use simple file sharing (recommended)"

click apply at the bottom and apply to all folders at the top and click ok:

In my computer note the drive letter of your problem hdd then run: "chkdsk D: /r"
where "D" is the drive letter of your problem hdd.

Let the process finish (might take a long time).

When diskcheck has finished open the drives and go to the folders that you want to access (dont try to open them yet)!

(2)
Right click on the folder and select properties then select security tab at the top,
Click the owner tab at the top
then in the change owner to section click to highlight the "Administrators (........)administrators"
(.....just means some chars)
tick "replace owner on subcontainers and objects" and apply. then ok to exit that window.
In the properties window that is still open, Highlight the "Administrators" and Tick the "Full Control" tickbox under "allow" Apply and OK to close the window.

You should now now have full control any data in that folder. Repeat step (2) for all the folders you want to get information from. You can also perform step (2) on individual files if you still cant access them.

If this does not work I'm sure someone else will suggest recovery method for you
let us know your progress please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accessing-folders-files-of-password-protected-user-account-in-win-xp.113662/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have used the same password on my user account ( Administrator) since purchase of Vista in Feb 2008 and decided to change it but although I am certain I have typed in the password absolutely correctly when I try to make the change it says my password is incorrect.

It is just a home Computer.

I haven't logged off today because if I do I expect I will be denied access and I have a few personal documents in the User account that I need daily access to.
Any suggestions as to what may have gone wrong as the password is just a basic one which is easy to remember.

Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I have a problem User - Command problem Account Windows Pop-up Control Processor Continuous with a pop-up window from User Account Control which wants to run Windows Command Windows Command Processor User Account Control - Continuous Pop-up problem Processor I did not give permission clicked on 'No' but the window keeps coming up again immediately I had to press CTRL ALT DEL and open task manager many times before the pop-up minimized or disappeared The details in the pop-up say that the Program location is C Windows SysWOW cmd Windows Command Processor User Account Control - Continuous Pop-up problem exe C sc create VSSS binPath C Users user AppData Roaming Microsoft' type own start auto DisplayName Volume Shadow Copy Service amp net start VSSS I am afraid this Windows Command Processor User Account Control - Continuous Pop-up problem is some sort of virus or trojan that wants to take over my computer Please help soon Thanks Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by user administrator on USER-PC on - - Running from C Users user Downloads Loaded Profiles user Available Profiles user Platform Windows Ultimate Service Pack X OS Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser Chrome Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe NVIDIA Corporation C Windows System nvvsvc exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files x Skype Toolbars PNRSvc SkypeC CPNRSvc exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation NetService NvNetworkService exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe C Program Files x RealNetworks RealDownloader rndlresolversvc exe TeamViewer GmbH C Program Files x TeamViewer TeamViewer Service exe Palit Microsystems Ltd C Program Files x Thunder Master THPanel exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtkNGUI exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation Update Core NvBackend exe Skype Technologies S A C Program Files x Skype Phone Skype exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam Steam exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg USB eXtensible Host Controller Driver Application iusb mon exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe RescueTime Inc C Program Files x RescueTime RescueTime exe Hewlett-Packard C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exe Wondershare C Program Files x Common Files Wondershare Wondershare Helper Compact WSHelper exe RealNetworks Inc C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Yahoo Inc C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger Ymsgr tray exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe NVIDIA Corporation C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NvStreamSrv nvstreamsvc exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Rapid Storage Technology IAStorIcon exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Steam bin steamwebhelper exe Valve Corporation C Program Files x Com... Read more

A:Windows Command Processor User Account Control - Continuous Pop-up problem

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/581075 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new FRST log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download FRST by Farbar from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.FRST Download LinkWhen you go to the above page, there will be 32-bit and 64-bit downloads available. Please click on the appropriate one for your version of Windows. If you are unsure as to whether your Windows is 32-bit or 64-bit, please see this tutorial.Double click on the FRST icon and allow it to run. Agree to the usage agreement and FRST will open. Do not make any changes and click on the Scan button. Notepad will open with the results. Post the new logs as explained in the prep guide. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/581075/windows-command-processor-user-account-control-continuous-pop-up-problem/