Windows Support Forum

HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do?

Q: HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do?

Hello nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp I have a HP Z and love the machine nbsp It currently has nbsp nbsp Dual Xeon E Ghz nbsp Processors can HP V1.0 I Z600 Mobo do? with What - GB Ram nbsp Evga Geforce SC nbsp Lately I have been gaming a little on the machine because of the HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? card I have installed nbsp However I am noticing slight performance issues with the machine nbsp I am assuming the processors at this point nbsp DUe HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? to the fact all spec testing coming back and saying the processors are the minimum requirement's nbsp for allot nbsp of the games nbsp BF GTA Doom nbsp Don't get me wrong nbsp Doom plays amazing on this machine on nightmare ultra settings on a screen nbsp However there is some slight shuttering and hiccups here and there nbsp I have read so many different answers to this question and hope I can get a more direct answer nbsp With a Z V HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do? motherboard what are my faster Xeon processor options nbsp nbsp I would like an X however my understanding is that may not be a possibility nbsp with my older MB I have something like V bios software installed nbsp Or am I looking at a processor like the X nbsp nbsp Thank you for the input nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-Z600-with-V1-0-Mobo-What-can-I-do/td-p/5769174
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Z600 - with V1.0 Mobo What can I do?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 46.87%
Q: Z600

Hello , Maybe its a stupid question  I recieved a Z600 desktop pc .2x Intel Xeon Processor E5606 4C 2.13 GHz, 80W, 8M cache,4.80 GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066MHzQuadro 4000And 8 gb ram I know i will not be able to run the latest games with those specs . But what if i would install for example 2x x5570 toghether with gpu gtx 750 or 760. Would i be able to play games like dark souls 3 , battlefield 4 , .... Is it still worth to put some little money in it , max 150euro ? Its just that i watched this video on youtube and he is able to play the witcher 3 ultra settings .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LfW366E9fw  

A:Z600

That is still a great workstation, and you can upgrade it nicely.  Read this entire thread, and be happy you have been gifted a "revision 1" motherboard that has higher capabilities than the original motherboard. Link is here. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/CPU-Upgrades/td-p/5... Google Z600 QuickSpecs, and the top one will be about version 7 but the next one will be about version 51.  Those reflect the original versus revision 1 motherboard. The SSD I recommended in the above thread is the one to get.  A fresh W7Pro64 is the way to go.  You can upgrade processors, but if the Max TDP for the one(s) you want is over 95W then you need to make sure you have a "Perfomance" heatsink/fan over it.  The search bar in this forum directs to this forum only.  You'll need to spend some time.  Note that you should only install a processor from the list in the QuickSpecs later versions to max out your performance, though you can use the older ones too. These are still new enough and in demand..... two fastest "revision 1" category processors will not be cheap even used off eBay.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600/td-p/5590293
Relevancy 46.87%

I just finished setting up my new to me Z with x E CPUs and gb of ram the ad said gb but it actually had x gb and x gb nbsp nbsp I have done some reaseach on this forum already and I got lucky with the later version of the motherboard I have gb of ram on the way and Z600 me to New plan to explore CPU upgrades New to me Z600 as funds allow nbsp nbsp Couple of things I am wondering about at this point nbsp nbsp The power button LED does not seem to light up I New to me Z600 saw refernce to this issue somewhere and they maybe burnt out Unless there is a BIOS setting I am missing this seems like the only plausable cause The machine seems to work as it should nbsp I am missing the top trim grill and the rear handle I think it was mounted in a rack Its a minnor thing but I'd like to replace if I can I have come up with P N nbsp - is this correct I found one on ebay with a suspect picture does anyone know of any other sources I have searched

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/New-to-me-Z600/td-p/5788493
Relevancy 46.44%

I have the following HP Z and I want to upgrade the CPU from the Z600 upgrade CPU current Intel Xeon E nbsp to E E or X processors The two basic questions I have nbsp are nbsp Is nbsp that possible If so what exactly do I have to do Implicit in those two questions are nbsp Will the chipsets on the motherboard will support the newer processors Will the current heatsinks for the E CPUs work or will it be necessary to replace them Thanks nbsp Bob nbsp ------------------------------------------------------------- nbsp ComputerModel HP Z Workstation C XSerial Number UA Chassis HP Mini TowerMainboard HP AE Z600 CPU upgrade hSerial Number UA BIOS HP G v NUMA Support Z600 CPU upgrade Unit s Total Memory GB ECC DIMM DDR nbsp Z600 CPU upgrade ProcessorsProcessor Intel R Xeon R CPU nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp E nbsp GHz C GHz GHz GHz IMC x kB L MB L Processor Intel R Xeon R CPU nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp E nbsp GHz C GHz GHz GHz IMC x kB L MB L Socket Slot FC LGA nbsp ChipsetMemory Controller HP Tylersburg- D I O Hub x GHz GHz Memory Controller HP Xeon Nehalem UnCore x GHz GHz x GB ECC DIMM DDR GHz -bitMemory Controller HP Xeon Nehalem UnCore x GHz GHz x GB ECC DIMM DDR GHz -bit nbsp Memory Module s Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - Memory Module Freescale Motorola KSF AZ- G K GB DIMM DDR PC - U DDR - nbsp Video Adapter ASUS R X Series CU SP SM GHz GB DDR GHz -bit PCIe x nbsp Graphics ProcessorOpenCL GP Processor ASUS R X Series SP C GHz GB DDR GHz -bit Compute Shader Processor ASUS R X Series SP C GHz GB DDR GHz -bit nbsp Storage DevicesGB C GB SATA MB Cache GB CWDC WD FAEX- BA TB SATA rpm TB E F G HWDC WD FAEX- BA TB SATA rpm TB D IASUS nbsp nbsp nbsp BW- D HT SATA BD-RE DVD -RW CD-RW MB Cache N A Z nbsp Operating SystemWindows System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack Platform Compliance x nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Z600 CPU upgrade

Bob, Correct Prefix of these processors is (x5650, x5660 and X5675) Model No           Part No x5650                WG731AA x5660                WG732AA X5675                LB215AA I have also mentioned technical information below what these prefix's means, Letter Prefix:X = PerformanceE = Mainstream (rack mount)L = Power OptimizedW = Workstation for up to 2 processors per motherboard. The letters also refer to the power consumption figures of the CPUs in question. Note that the numbers associated with the letters are for the "Nehalem"-based Xeon family and older Xeons that use the letter designations have different TDP values associated with the letters. L = Thermal design power (expected power draw with a 100% CPU load running normal software) of 60 watts or less. These are the "low voltage" chips. E = TDP of 80 watts. Intel refers to the Xeon 5500/5600s with this letter prefix as the "basic" line and as a result, the idle power draw on these chips is frequently worse than any of the other series of chips, despite the other chips possibly having a higher full-load power draw. X = TDP of 95 watts. These are the "premium" mainstream chips as their TDP is not so excessive that they are difficult to cool in a rack server, yet their idle power consumption is far lower than the E-series chips. W = TDP of 130 watts and higher. These are the fastest, hottest Xeons made and they are designed to be used in workstations and pedestal servers with better cooling than an average 1U or 2U rack server. ========================================================Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.========================================================**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5053635
Relevancy 46.44%

i've got a new to me z600 workstation. Looking to upgrade it for video editing. Currently it's running windows XP pro, looking to upgrade that. Currently it has a X5550 chipset( single) 3gb ramCurrently it's running dual 160gb hd's Looking to upgrade the CPU's dual processors, largest possible. and max out ram (24gb)   What should I use?Hard drive, looking to install a SSD Any help is appreciated   

A:z600 upgrades CPU, HD

I am working on a Z600 project right now, so this is timely.  You will need to use the search box on this page upper left area, which searches this forum only. 1.  First step is to see if you have an original motherboard or the later "revision 1" motherboard.  Best way to tell is if you look up the boot block date in BIOS, under the first tab.  The boot block date tells you if you have original or revision 1 most easily. 2.  Assuming it is the better later motherboard, then you need to find the latest Z600 QuickSpecs.... its in the 50s, maybe 51 or 58.  From that you can look at the HP supported processors.  Your memory should be the faster 1333 type but most of those processors listed there run slower than that.  3 run at the faster speed which will let your memory run faster too.  You can choose from those 3 for the best heavy lifting.  Note that the fastest quad core is faster than the fastest hexacore.  So, if you want raw speed I'd bet the quad core would serve you well.  If you want 12 rather than 8 total cores then go with the fastest hexacore.  I use the Noctua thermal paste.  We have had good success with used processors off eBay for these types of workstation upgrades. 3.  You'll want 2 processors, and you'll want to match to the heatsink/fan you already have. 4.  I believe you don't need a "performance" heatsink for 95 watt processor.... the motherboard wants one for processors that are over 95 watts, from my reading.  There is a way to spoof a motherboard into thinking it has a performance heatsink attached when it only is a mainstream, by the way. 5.  SSDs.... I have been very pleased with the Intel 320 series 300GB SSD that you can get off eBay.  We use a lot of those.... rock solid, and the Intel Toolbox is great for tuning it.  That workstation is a SATA Gen II one, and HP warns against using SATA Gen III HDDs in those unless they are sourced from HP (assume special HP firmware applied).  We have not seen a comment from HP on whether this rule holds also for SSDs, but I am assuming so.  Hence, I choose to use that particular SSD, and also have used HP-sourced Gen III SSDs in our SATA Gen II workstations with zero problems. The Intel 320 series SSD is a SATA Gen II drive with enterprise features, and has served us very well.  Even used off eBay they almost always have had 100% life left in them.  I update their firmware as needed via the Intel Toolbox. 6.  We use W7Pro64 mostly, but I have been pleased with the W10Pro64 OS.  You can upgrade to W10Pro64 for free at this time, so I have been "W10 activating" all my xw and Z workstations and having that ready for the future, but still mainly running them with W7Pro64.  Once your box is W10 activated you can install W10 anytime later.  You certainly want a 64 bit OS. 7.  You need a second processor to take advantage of the second set of 3 memory slots..... ideally you'll run with 6 x 1GB, 6 x 2GB, or 6 x 4GB.  The sweet spot for $/GB is with the 2GB sticks.  Having them all the same size gets you a speed benefit too....  Look at official HP sticks for that on eBay and you also can find the same codes from other vendors such as Dell.  I consider the HP sticks the best because they have been "binned" for quality. 8.  HP just came out with a new BIOS for the Z600.  It is best to update BIOS from within BIOS.  I have gathered best HP driver sets for W7Pro64 from later HP workstation sources and they load fine on the Z600, but for W10 I've been using what comes from the autoload from MS.  9.  I like to add in a quality eSATA backplane adapter to the bottom opening for fast backup and Acronis image captures.  I also like to add one of the TI-based HP USB3 cards into the top PCIe slot, and am working on a nice use of that ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/z600-upgrades-CPU-HD/td-p/5604870
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone nbsp I've got a couple questions im not a very tech savy person so I tried to research as C2 for Z600 Upgrade much as I could nbsp st Question nbsp I would like to upgrade my z ram to gb which I read is the max amount of ram I can have also read that needs to be ECC Registered memory so I found this and I would like to know if it's the right option nbsp http www ebay com itm Server-RAM- GB- x- GB-PC - R-ECC-Registered- MHz- - v- Upgrade for Z600 C2 pin-Memory- nbsp nd Question nbsp Im interested in getting an USB pcie card but since this computer has been out for quite a long time im not sure if the card is compatible as I read thunderbolt cards are not compatible so this is the next best thing I found nbsp http www ebay com itm nbsp I would really appreciate any help I can get nbsp Thanks in advance and excuse my english not a native speaker

A:Upgrade for Z600 C2

Heya there, this link might answer your 2nd question http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/PCIe-SSD/td-p/55733...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-for-Z600-C2/td-p/5484111
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, Description explains it all, I've been thinking of replacing my current HDD for a SSD. I haven't done much researching on this myself but thought I would check here just encase there's any known issues/pit falls with installing a ssd into z600 workstation, I will be looking at adding a 1TB ssd. 1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ? 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations? 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks? Any info would be appreciated, Griff

Solved!
View Solution.

A:installing a SSD into Z600 Workstation.

Installed a Samsung Evo 500gb SATA III into my z600..and it works perfectly. Installed it last week and have been installing programs and having general use from it with no problems. I wanted to test it properly before posting a response. It could be possible that i experience issues with it later, but I would of thought that if it had any issues I would know about it by now. My SSD reads at 282 MB/s and writes at 270 MB/s - Random Read 51612 (IOPS) Random Write (IOPS) 47395. Being a SATA II gen workstation its not reaching the SSD's full potential at 540/520 Mb/s read write but from what I've read you wouldn't even notice the difference its so fast.. and I agree  CC suite, mozilla, (haven't installed 3dsmax yet) all boot in seconds compared to minutes on old HDD. Just to note I didn't use a HP recovery disk to reinstall OS. I used an official windows 7 .iso and booted from USB (even though it some has some useful things, i didn't want HP bloatware) Drivers installed perfectly without a hitch. Windows serial on bottom of tower  1. Installing hardware? the z600 3.5 inch caddy wouldn't house an SSD, do HP sell brackets which will fit the z600 ?" Via Scott's comments, look for the 'needs-tool' version in the post's above, mine cost 8.50 and takes all of 5 seconds to fit the ssd to the z600. I wouldn't sugguest buying the tool-less version.. unless you have no hands and lots of money." 2. Compatibility with the workstation? are there types of SSD which are best suited for z600 workstations?"Yes they're HP approved SSDs detailed in the post's above, but I've had no issue with consumer grade SSD, but you roll the dice with which brand. The Samsung EVO 500gb, no problems. You can use SATA III ssd's but you can get issues as warned by HP as their firmware doesn't support some types (so basically if it doesn't work they wont help you) ". 3. Installing and set up? is it as straight forward as plugging in the SSD via SATA cable and installing the OS? Any Bios tweaks?"Make sure your BIOS is set to RAID+AHCI (Mine was already setup like this). I used the samsung magician tool after install and it will say that your PC is not set to AHCI, but i just ignore it. As long as BIO's and firmware are up to date you will be fine. Use a blindmate formfactor to install the ssd (see above posts). Make sure you get the latest firmware on a usb before you install SSD, it should be the first thing to check after installing the SSD. You don't need to change SATA cables from II to III as the cables are backwards compatible.. either way having a SATA III in a z600 will just limit you to SATA II speeds (which compared to a normal HDD are ridiculously quick). Just plug-in and install OS. It may be worth reading up on SSD optimistation, the samsung magician advises some things to do but not all neccessary, its either lifespan over performance.. defintely worth reading up on, if this is your first SSD as it was for me."  Hands down best upgrade i've done to my workstation, and very simple to do. I'm glad I waited for better support and for the cost to go down on SSD's before using them. Want to say a big thanks to Scott Harrison for his help on this subject. I pestered him lots but have really appreciated his guidance! cheers Scott and anyone else who posted help.  Enjoy your SSD, I will.  Griff

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/installing-a-SSD-into-Z600-Workstation/td-p/5081717
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi ,

I have this product but after updating my computer to W7 ı have a problem with it. The original cd refers to Xp , 2000, 98 but now for W7 it says " it ' s not suitable for your system.

I ' m looking forwart to hearing news from you

Thanks ...

A:Lexmark Z600 W7 Driver ???

Hi Betonarmy,
Here is the Windows Vista Driver if you want to attempt to use it.

Lexmark - United States

Also as far as a Windows 7 driver here is what I saw on their website:
Problem

Cannot find MS Windows 7 printer driver; Unable to locate driver

Solution

Driver Support
Lexmark is in the process of preparing for the launch of the new Microsoft Windows 7 operating system.Driver Availability
In the weeks leading to consumer launch of Microsoft Windows 7, Lexmark will publish the type of support expected and the timeframe in which drivers will be available. Lexmark is currently finalizing Windows 7 support for a variety of its existing products. The list of products which will have Windows 7 support at launch is available in the links below. Windows 7 Business Products

Windows 7 Home Office and SMB Products
Operating System Driver Support
Some printer models will have native easy-to-install printer drivers embedded in the operating system's driver library. Lexmark is providing a wide variety of printer drivers to be included with Microsoft Windows 7.Driver Delivery
Drivers will be available for download from support.lexmark.com , and recently released printers may have the Microsoft Windows 7 driver available on the Software and Documentation CD provided in the box with the device, or a combination of both driver delivery methods will be available.Future Products
Starting in 2010, all new products will ship with Windows 7 support.

Raj

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/46380-lexmark-z600-w7-driver.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello guys,I bought a used hp z600 six month ago and it works perfectly so far. However, i realized that the blue led of the power button doesnt work and has never been on in my machine. I wonder if there are software or hardware solutions to make it work again ? Bios options or cable fiddling ? Thanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-No-blue-power-led/td-p/5590330
Relevancy 46.01%

I have just upgraded to windows 7 (from Vista) and now I can't print. I have a Lexmark Z600 and although I did have problems getting the driver loaded & working with Vista, it did finally work. After upgrading to windows 7, I reloaded the printer driver to no avail. I even deleted it and went out and found the latest driver available for my printer and still no help. Any ideas ?

A:windows 7 vs lexmark z600

I gave up trying with my X74 All-in-one in the end.

Lexmark website was very definite XP was last driver release.

I never had vista.

Bought Canon MP 250 All-in-One then from Argos at 34.99 which I am very happy with. Although I dont do an awful lot of printing.
And mostly convert colour web pages to print in Grayscale.
(to save on colour cartridges)

The printer is quite noisy at start of printing as it resets heads and loads a page of paper, but quiet enough during printing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-vs-lexmark-z600.901577/
Relevancy 46.01%

So im trying to upgrade to 2 X5650s but it wont boot. I updated the bios to 3.57 and at least the 2 80mm fans dont go crazy but still no boot. The manuals online say its compatible. Thanks for any help Model Z600 (FW863AV)Z600B/ZC2.66+/L160/W4.0/295+a/p

Relevancy 46.01%

Hey there! I got a later spec Z600 WS here that came with dual X5650 (TDP 95W).I made a good deal and got two X5680 (TDP 130W), and tryed to install those to the WS.System tells me, that the CPU installed needs too much power, and the System got halted. Is it a Problem with the Heatsink, because of the fact, it is to small (for TDP <95W), or is itrealy the mainboard, that just can't take the X5680 Xeons?I googled a lot and found some Z600 running on those CPUs, so what's the deal? I already tryed to bridge Pin 1 and 5 of the Heatsink-Fan Connector to simulate a Performance Heatsink,just to test if it would boot, but that did'nt work.

A:Z600 with dual X5680 CPU

First, I don't see your new processor type listed in the latest QuickSpec for the Z600 I looked up this morning..... version 51, which lists your current X5650 but not the X5680.  There is a hot X5647 listed (at 130W max TDP) but the other higher performance processors are all 95W.  So, there must have been a 130W cooling option for the Z600, and I'd presume it is the same as used for the Z800 (see below).  Also, the Z600 must be able to provide 130W to each of its two processor sockets. I checked with the Z800 QuickSpecs (v56) and don't see the X5680 listed there either.  The latest QuickSpecs, however, often do not list all processors that were listed previously.  The now-unlisted ones will still work, and you can go back through the HP QuickSpec archives for your Z600 to see if the X5680 was ever officially listed.  If it was then it surely should work.  A HP engineer I trust fully has let me know that there are some cases in which a processor that was never officially listed will work.  Let's just say that will be a rare exception.  Maybe you have found one of those processors? The X5680 processor has only one sSpec code, SLBV5, and can be bought new now from Intel for $1663.00 each.  On eBay you can buy that processor today for about $200.00 each, USD, used. It is encouraging that you can get to the point of boot that the motherboard rejects your heatsink/fan combination, because my experience with truly non-listed processors is that they won't even get to that level.  Flat zero progression into boot. So, I'd buy one of the "Performance" heatsink/fans from eBay, and the Alan guys there have almost 450 in stock at a fair price, new.  That is a US source, and  I have bought from them in the past many times, with never a problem.  Buy one for about $50 and test with that and a single X5680 in place.  The wiring trick..... that jumper wire should work if HP is using the same motherboard sensing method for detecting presence of a performance heatsink/fan as was used in the xw8600, but who knows?  This performance boost is worth spending $50.00 more on at this stage of the game to get an official Performance heatsink/fan to experiment with.  For example, perhaps HP added to the motherboard the ability to detect the larger 92x92x15mm heatsink fan rather than the regular heatsink's 80x80x15mm fan. Take a look at this link, for more details on the Performance heatsink/fan that I believe you need.  Those have been available on eBay for a fair price, new and you can find that via searching for part numbers 463991-001 and 535588-001: Z800 Performance heatsink larger fan  Here's a picture of the performance heatsink/larger fan for the Z800, and likely exactly what you need for your Z600 project.  All my references indicate these are identical, but the Z400 performance fan is different.  Note how this heatsink/fan is shifted leftward on its mounting plate, when viewed from front (the fan side).  The Z400 performance heatsink/fan is not shifted leftwards because it is a single socket motherboard and has a fair amount of room around it on both right and left sides.  Thus, the performance Z400 heatsink/fan will not fit on the primary socket of a Z600 but this one below will.  The performance Z400 heatsink/fan will however fit on the secondary socket of a Z600 with a little bending down of its rear air deflector plate at its bottom.  You can see pictures of that Z400 performance heatsink/fan elsewhere in the forum.   I'd make sure you have the latest BIOS installed, and also confirm in BIOS that you have the latest revision of the motherboard by checking the boot block date.  It sounds like you'll have already done all that.  If one of those X5680 processors works then the other will ... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-with-dual-X5680-CPU/td-p/5082965
Relevancy 46.01%

I would like to know if the Z600 will support the 3.1 USB adapter card and if so, what do I need for an installation?

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Usb 3.1 adapter in a Z600 workstation

Agree.... that card should work in a Z600, but will it work to the USB 3.1 10Gbps speed standard?     No. The HP Z600 workstation has no PCIe generation 3 slots.  It has 3 PCIe Gen2 slots, 1 PCIe Gen1 slot, and 2 PCI slots.  Below is a link to the HP page describing the Z600's slots: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01719695 Here is a note from StarTech regarding their card's speeds, emphasis added:  "The maximum throughput of this card is limited by the bus interface.  PCI Express Gen 1.0 max throughput is 2.5Gbps.  PCI Express Gen 2.0 max throughput is 5Gbps.  PCI Express Gen 3.0 max throughput is 10Gbps.  The available bandwidth (10Gbps) is shared equally between the two ports." These USB 3.0/USB 3.1 PCIe cards generally need power supplementation.... the +5VDC they need does not come up from the slot, but it is easy to find a 4-wire "molex" peripheral-to-SATA power adapter which can provide you the higher wattage 5VDC they need to meet potential power draws (versus what USB 2.0 needs).  All this info came from research figuring out how to add the Texas Instruments based HP USB 3.0 card to our xw6600 workstations, which have 2 PCIe Gen2 slots (the rest are Gen1).  Z620 gives you some PCIe Gen3 slots.... slots 2,4 and 5. Here's the Z600 slots diagram:   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Usb-3-1-adapter-in-a-Z600-workstation/td-p/5693335
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi,I would like to know if I can install a Geforce GTX 1080 in a z600 workstation?My power supply is 650W so that seems to be enough. I have 2 * 6 pin connector so I guess I can add an adapter to 8 pin. Would this work? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-amp-Geforce-GTX-1080/td-p/5846991
Relevancy 45.58%

hi guysi'm an engineering student and a graphic designer so i need a workstation to get my work done . actually i'm a huge fan of Apple Mac but buying Mac Pro will cost me more so i've decided to go with HP solution i gan get used HP Z600 or Z800 and customize them i've a question does any one of them support PCEi SSD or i've to go with Z620 ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/does-HP-Z600-or-Z800-Support-PCIe-SSD/td-p/5815710
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello there nbsp i'm happy user of HP Z with quadro inside right now i'm changing the way i work with d - by doing more and more graphic card Z600 HP upgrade real time d rendering using Graphic card power via the octane render software solution HP Z600 graphic card upgrade i plan to upgrade my GC i got solutions and questions about each one nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a new quadro using SLIQUESTION does SLI works with quadro in a HP Z nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a new quadro QUESTION does the HP Z support differents cards nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp does the quadro can be sloted inside a HP Z i think the quadro has a larger size nbsp solution nbsp the existing quadro nbsp a Geforce GTX TITANQUESTION does the HP Z support differents cards nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp does the Geforce GTX TITAN nbsp can be sloted inside a HP Z i think the Geforce GTX TITAN nbsp has a larger size nbsp thanks

A:HP Z600 graphic card upgrade

The Z600 QuickSpecs indicates you can only have a single high end graphics card in the Z600. That is either one Quadro 4000 (142W) card or one Quadro 5000 (152W) card or one FirePro V7900 (<150W) card can be installed in the Z600. However, you can have two Quadro 2000 (62W) cards or two FirePro V5800 (74W) cards or two FirePro V5900 (<75W) cards in the system as this is supported (not that this will help with your graphics processing needs). The Z600 Maintenance and Services Guide also states you can have one 150W graphics card in either PCIe slot 2 or 4 (leaving the adjacent slot empty) OR you can have 2 75W graphics cards in PCIe slot 2 and 4. So SLI or crossfire is not a supported configuration with high end 3D cards due, in part to the 650W 80% efficient HP proprietary PSU used in the Z600 (which can't supply the needed power) and in part to the lack of system cooling validation for these more powerful 'heaters'. And as the HP PSU is a proprietary design, it is not a simple swap to an of the shelf standard ATX supply. Some cabling modifications would be needed and it still may not mechanically fit or work (as others have experienced no boot issues when attempting to use a modified standard ATX swap in their HP workstation -  some have even damaged their system board so be warned). As for mixing cards in SLI configuration, IIRC, Nvidia allows mixing cards from the same family. So, presumably a Q4000 & Q5000 would work as would a GeForce 760 with a Titan, should the PSU have supported the load (which it doesn't). Mixing Q4000 with GeForce Titan in SLI configuration will fail as they would be considered a different family. And you can't use a Quadro driver with a GeForce card or a  GeForce driver with Quadro card which creates a driver issue if you try such SLI mixes. So you may need to buy a more capable system (or do some development work to find a more powerful HP PSU you can fit into the Z600 or instead modify a standard ATX PSU to fit and resolve any issues this creates while also modifying the Z600 chassis cooling system to better cope with the extra heat). Good luck. [edited to add underlined text]

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-graphic-card-upgrade/td-p/5054360
Relevancy 45.58%

I wish to find a suitable cooler for my HP Z600.The original part it is no longer available.In fact I wish to change both of them, the original one it is already 5 years old.So if you have some experience , maybe you can help me.Bolt connection it is a square 80 mm.The spring bolt a 3mm?The original cooler has a height of 95mmThe space to insert the cooler, betwen socket 0 and 1, it is also different.From my point of view even U3 cooler it is too big.

A:Cooler Xeon 5500-HP Z600

Try eBay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xz600+heat+sink.TRS... /Roger

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Cooler-Xeon-5500-HP-Z600/td-p/5145718
Relevancy 45.58%

Ladies, gents, I recently got a refurbished Z600 workstation and immediately noticed that the chipset fan is always running at approx. 2,500 rpm, even right after a cold boot and when idling. I can't image that this is normal - all the temperatures are fine, so I see no reason for the fan to spin this high. I know that it is a small fan which needs the high rpm to create sufficient air flow, but 2,500 rpm seems excessive. Has anybody experienced this before? Is this in fact the normal idle speed for the chipset fan (as the seller's customer service wants to make me believe)?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z600-Chipset-Fan-Always-Running-on-High-RPM/td-p/5592042
Relevancy 45.58%

We have a number of HP Z600 workstations that were upgraded with additional memory. After rebooting the system reports:207-Incompatible DIMMs detected slot CPU1 DIMM1203-Memory module failed self-test and the failing rank was disabled slot CPU1 DIMM1.The BIOS indicates DIMM1 as ERRDiagnostics show the memory module at the correct size and speed but its part number does not fully populate.When the DIMM is removed the system still reports the 203/207 error.I have tried to update the BIOS with the latest version, apply default setup and clear CMOS but the device still reports an error with DIMM1 (populated or unpopulated). All other DIMMs work fine.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-Workstation-203-207-Memory-Fault/td-p/5829718
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi,

I have a problem during installation,
after windows copies setup files and right before the beginning of the installation wizard, a color test striped pattern (Red, Green, Blue, Gray) keeps blinking and the installation STOPS.

Any suggestions ?!

A:Win 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 installation problem on HP Z600

Where did you get the Ultimate install dvd from, sounds bad.

Just reboot, see if the install will finish.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/368485-win-7-ultimate-x64-sp1-installation-problem-hp-z600.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am the recent owner of a new to me nbsp Z with the C revision motherboard nbsp Specs are pretty basic with one E GB x gb unbuffered ram a gb SATA HD a DVDRW and a single NVIDIA Quadro nbsp The machine posted the first two times without incident and I booted a live CentOS CD and everything was working fine so I installed it and everything went perfectly nbsp In fact I can't recall such an easy linux install ever nbsp Then I rebooted again and Z600 cmos cannot reset compute. after enabling entered the BIOS to enable hyperthreading nbsp While in the BIOS Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. the genius in me could not help but play around nbsp At some point I enabled compute for both of the x slots nbsp I know I know big mistake nbsp When I rebooted again I was introduced to the six beeps of death nbsp To me enabled meant allowed not mandatory nbsp I reseated the card cleared or attempted to clear the Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. CMOS and the offending setting about a nbsp hundred times following the official procedure then Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute. any other I could find to no avail nbsp I found a thread with the exact same issue which mentioned having to wait for the stored energy in the system to bleed off and pressing the power button several times before pressing the CMOS reset button nbsp It worked for others but not me nbsp I have tried everything moving the card changing the card to one that supports CUDA but I enabled both slots I have powered down the machine unplugged the power cord removed the power supply waited hours pressed the CMOS reset button for seconds three times and I still have the six beeps nbsp Unless my machine contains some secret alien technology I am lost nbsp How do you clear the CMOS nbsp I have tried every procedure theory guess chant and encantation I know nbsp I started building computers when Jimmy Carter was Preident and I have seen it all almost nbsp The only other option I can see is a PCI VGA card so I can get back into the BIOS nbsp Any ideas or advise would be appreciated nbsp nbsp It's a great machine and I want it back

A:Z600 cannot reset cmos after enabling compute.

I don't know the exact positon of the CMOS RESET switch, but you can remove the battery to set BIOS defaults.Don't forget to unplug the power cord, no need to remove the power supply or graphics card.Put back the battery after a few minutes and power on the machine.Video should be back now and all BIOS settings (including time and date) are lost.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Z600-cannot-reset-cmos-after-enabling-compute/td-p/5065741
Relevancy 45.15%

We have a Z at my workplace which powers off unexpectedly after some time usually a few hours I have not been able to catch it happening but I come back to the machine and it is powered down nbsp I have done a bit of investigation so far but have not been able to get to the root of the problem - Updated bios problem still occurs I saw mention of bios updates fixing an unexpected poweroff problem - Checked temperatures during stress testing seem normal rules out heat problems - Tried removing extra HDs still get poweroff I suspected bad power supply - Tried MemTest still get poweroff indicates that it is not an OS software problem I have not seen any failures detected by memtest - Looked blink codes on the Z600 Troubleshoot workstation: poweroff unexpected LED on the back of the PSU after a shutdown LED does not blink nbsp I got this info from here nbsp http h www hp com hpsc doc public display docId emr na-c N F My next step nbsp would be to try swapping the power supply from another known working Z machine which we have nbsp It looks like a straightforward operation although the machines have different CPU configurations CPUs in Troubleshoot Z600 workstation: unexpected poweroff the problematic machine vs CPU in the Troubleshoot Z600 workstation: unexpected poweroff good machine - perhaps the capacities are different nbsp Can anyone suggest any other troubleshooting steps to take before I nbsp put it in for service nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Troubleshoot-Z600-workstation-unexpected-poweroff/td-p/5727701
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi everybody i need your help i have hp z600  workstation but when start doesnn't show anything i change procesor  ram graphic card but same problem  didnt show anything in scren can anybody know what is to happen with my pc ? 

A:HP Z600 Workstation doesn't show anythink

Do the system fans start to spin after you hit the power button ?Does the workstation not beep and blink red ?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-Workstation-doesn-t-show-anythink/td-p/5571295
Relevancy 45.15%

Thank you in advance for any and all help provided,  My father gave me a "Z600 workstation" that he is not going to use anymore(retired). I noticed that this unit can have a dual CPU setup. My question is if I can use this unit for gaming. Can I set up the rig with 2 CPU for better gaming performance?  I am aware of GPU and RAMM upgrades but not to sure if it's even possible to run the 2 CPU at the same time? Will having the 2 CPU increase the GHz speed from 2.13GHz - 4.26GHz? system : HP Z600 WorkstationIntel Xeon E5506 (1x)@2.13GHz3GB DDR3 RAMMWindows 8.1 ProBoot Block Date 01/30/09 B3-based system 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Will-adding-second-CPU-improve-speed-Z600-workstation/td-p/5672234
Relevancy 44.29%

Greetings nbsp st time come date Qestion about block (urgent) Z600 boot here but i need a quick answer to a question related to CPU amp Memory supporting - nbsp I try to obtain a used Z workststion for editing projects originally Qestion about Z600 boot block date (urgent) nbsp fitted with DDR GB x nbsp E x Nvidia NVS x G HD x being offered by a seller nbsp Seller managed to sent me a photo capture part of the bios it writes boot block date c revision board nbsp My question is - nbsp is it possible to run dual X Westmere core CPus using stock heatsinks kit No WG AA nbsp is it possible to run max GB x GB DDR - ECC Registered Ram nbsp Note that both Cpus and Ram will most likely obtain from after-market sellers other than designated HP distributers nbsp See attached jpeg for snap shot of system bios boot block date nbsp nbsp Kindly i need a quick reply or the Z offer will slip away fast nbsp Regards nbsp PM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Qestion-about-Z600-boot-block-date-urgent/td-p/5682114
Relevancy 44.29%

I am running an HP Z workstation Bios version G V nbsp OS is duel boot Windows Professional -bit amp Ubuntu LTS nbsp Using F set-up I have Enabled Advanced- gt Bios Power On for all days of the week and have set a time for power on Under Advanced- gt Device Options I have enabled wake on lan Under Advanced- gt Power on- gt Options After Power Loss i have set the option to always on nbsp If push power on button on front of machine it auto boots to Linux If I then pull the plug the machine immediately goes off If I plug the machine back in NOTHING HAPPENS It doesn't power up I have to push the button If I unplug the machine and then plug it in and wait until the BIOS Pwoer On time then machine does NOT boot or power up at the selected workstation auto after won't Z600 power loss boot time Again I have to push the button to get it to power on nbsp What am I missing or doing wrong The machine is being used as a remote server It has to automatically reboot after power loss nbsp Any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Z600 workstation won't auto boot after power loss

Changed nothing and the issue went away.Had a 4 hour power failure in the building.When power was restored machine automatically rebooted.So pulling plug on Z600, machine doesn't auto-boot.Power fail entire building: router, monitor, Z600 and machines boots.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-workstation-won-t-auto-boot-after-power-loss/td-p/5464151
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,I recently acquired a z600 with a quad core Intel Xeon E550 and I would like to know if it is possible/desirable to put my old z400 two quad core Intel Xeon W3550.I checked and both use socket b type soo I'd assume I should have a problem but as hardware is outside of my knowledge base I wanted to ask =)Thank you in advance

A:Changing my z600 processor to my z400 processors - CPU upgra...

Hi, The z600 series of workstations support Intel Xeon Processor X5570 QC 2.93 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5560 QC 2.80 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor X5550 QC 2.66 GHz, 95W, 8M cache, 6.40GT/s QPI, DDR3 1333 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5540 QC 2.53 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5530 QC 2.40 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5520 QC 2.26 GHz, 80W, 8M cache, 5.86GT/s QPI, DDR3 1066 MHz, HT, TurboIntel Xeon Processor E5506 QC 2.13 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzIntel Xeon Processor E5504 QC 2.00 GHz, 80W, 4M cache, 4.80GT/s QPI, DDR3 800 MHzLooks like they support CPU's with 80W to 95W. The Intel Xeon W3550 has TDP 130W .     http://ark.intel.com/products/39720/Intel-Xeon-Processor-W3550-8M-Cache-3_06-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI I don't think this is going to work. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Changing-my-z600-processor-to-my-z400-processors-CPU-upgrade/td-p/5854559
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi.Our brand new HP Z600 workstation running win srv 2008 rebooted after only couple of weeks with the following output from bios level screen:System reset caused by CATERR.927 - Fatal error on dimm in slot CPU0 DIMM1ECC Error on read operation What does this mean and how can we prevent this from happening in the future ? ThanksSergey

A:Z600 workstation reboots: system reset caused by CATERR

Having the a similar caterr error message.Did you recieve any response? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z600-workstation-reboots-system-reset-caused-by-CATERR/td-p/157403
Relevancy 43.86%

I have a Z600 that came with an REV #003 motherboard and two X5670 CPU's. The board went bad and I replaced it with a REV #001, not realizing that it won't run X56xx chips. So I then purchased two X5570 CPU's and put them in. When I boot, I get a series of 8 beeps, and an error message that the BIOS is corrupt. So I created a BIOS recovery disc and flashed the machine as per the instructions. I then unplug the power cord (as opposed to powering down first), wait 5 seconds and plug it back in a power up. I then get the 8 beeps and the error message just like nothing has been done to fix it. Is it possible that trying to run X56xx chips on that board fried something? Is there a way to reset it? What should I try next? Thanks. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Z600-Bios-Image-Corrupt-ROM-flash-doesn-t-work/td-p/5599283
Relevancy 43.86%

HP Z600 & Z800 Workstations support Nvidia Quadro M4000 8GB Grpahic Card?  Can the defual power supply hand the wattage from the new GPU's? Currently running Nvidia Quadro FX4800 graphic card.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-amp-Z800-Workstations-support-Nvidia-Quadro-M4000/td-p/5614092
Relevancy 43.86%

Edit - CPU model revised for a porper CPU X nbsp it's st time come here but i need a quick answer to a question related date block about CPU for Qestion Z600 model) (Revised boot to CPU amp Memory supporting - nbsp I try to obtain a used Z workststion for editing projects originally nbsp fitted with DDR GB x nbsp E x Nvidia NVS x G HD x being offered by a seller nbsp Seller managed to sent me a photo capture part of the bios it writes boot block date c revision board nbsp My question is - nbsp is it possible to run dual X Westmere core Qestion about Z600 boot block date (Revised for CPU model) CPus using stock heatsinks kit No WG AA nbsp is it possible to run max GB x GB DDR - ECC Registered Ram nbsp Note that both Cpus and Ram will most likely obtain from after-market sellers other than designated HP distributers nbsp See attached jpeg for snap shot of system bios boot block date nbsp nbsp Kindly i need a quick reply or the Z offer will slip away fast nbsp Regards nbsp PM

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/Qestion-about-Z600-boot-block-date-Revised-for-CPU-model/td-p/5682114
Relevancy 43.86%

I am in need of a new system board for a Z600 but want to know which version would work with the 56xx series of Xeon dual processors? There's 460840-001, 460840-002 and 460840-003. The one that came with the machine was 460840-003 / REV AE, but it died so I got a replacement 460840-001 / REV 0D, however, I can't get the computer to post. So I'm looking for which board and Revision I need to make it work? Thanks. Would this one work?http://bit.ly/1omeMkF

A:HP Z600 System board / Motherboard that supports x5670 proce...

The Z600 460840-003 supports both the 55xx and 56xx Xeon processors.  As you discovered, the 460840-001 only supports the 55xx Xeons.  I am not sure about the 460840-002, but there are other threads in this forum where some have tried the varioius -00x Z600 versions. 

I am an HP Employee.My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HP.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Z600-System-board-Motherboard-that-supports-x5670/td-p/5565253
Relevancy 38.7%

Putting together a build for a friend however I believe the motherboard may have been damaged or was fans off Build, no New mobo, beeps fan psu cpu not Mobo light, case powers green damaged upon my taking part New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps in the build I assembled the parts a w thermaltake psu an asus mobo e intel processor western digital hard drive New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps gigs of GSkill ati hd gpu and an LG dvd drive Posted gave an error message about cpu fan error I google it it seemed to be relatively harmless While in the bios the computer s signal disappeared I attempted a reboot to no avail No error codes cpu fan stopped spinning Removed memory no error code removed no error code case fan connected to the motherboard spins when powered on motherboard shows green light no signal detected I tested the processor in another rig and it worked fine and the cpu fan spun fine Tested another power supply with said motherboard and the motherboard fan would not spin and it would not post and no error codes Is my motherboard dead Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New Build, Mobo green light, psu powers case fans off mobo, not cpu fan no beeps

check and recheck the connections on the board, if unsuccessful, make sure you haven t short-circuited the mobo, ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-mobo-green-light-psu-powers-case-fans-off-mobo-not-cpu-fan-no-beeps.132515/
Relevancy 38.7%

This problem has the configuration listed in my system specs below which have just changed recently My OCZ Vertex died RMA'ed but sold and replaced with the Transcend SSD quot SATAIII GB Also sold my GPU Now trying to get everything back on track I reinstalled my OS on the SSD but I can't for the life of me get the HDMI working When reinstalling I knew it was normal onboard mobo Mobo HD - HDMI? ATI detecting not Radeon ASUS 4250 for only my Dell CRT to show up via its VGA connection but then the main ViewSonic HD monitor never came on I finally realized it wasn't responding to anything The ViewSonic HD monitor is the only thing plugged in right now on both VGA amp HDMI but Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo will only work on the VGA It had been working fine before the OCZ SSD died No VGA problems The onboard ATI Radeon Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo HD is fully updated and all the drivers are installed and updated to the best of my knowledge There is an update for the BIOS on the ASUS website that I had never installed ever but the only change from before was the SSD so that should not matter I've even made sure I installed the specific driver for the monitor from the disc it came with I tried playing around in BIOS and for once no matter what graphics device order I set i e IGPX-PCI-GPX-etc it always reverted to the mobo's VGA And obviously Device Manager is showing no yellow question marks and is generally no help right now Again there is NO longer a standalone GPU video card in this system just the ASUS M A TD-V EVO USB 's onboard internal graphics ATI Radeon HD Is there something I'm missing Anything I could possibly try Any ideas FYI I knew my OS image was horribly out of date so I didn't bother trying to reinstall that Also since the GB size of the SSD is smaller now wouldn't it not work anyway Well that's moot

A:Mobo not detecting HDMI? - ATI Radeon HD 4250 onboard ASUS mobo

It's plausible that your HDMI port on your MOBO is dead. Is it possible to obtain a GPU and try it's HDMI port?
It could be your monitor as well, do you have access to anything else supporting HDMI and see if your monitor connects?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/252936-mobo-not-detecting-hdmi-ati-radeon-hd-4250-onboard-asus-mobo.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Does ATI cards conflict with this mobo?
ASUS A8V DELUXE Socket 939 VIA K8T800 Pro ATX AMD Motherboard
I heard there would be 'cause the mobo is a VIA. Is that true?
Should the mobo conflict with any of these below and forgive me for the video in a CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos board,
SAPPHIRE Radeon 9550 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card and or
ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon X800XT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO AGP 4X/8X

A:ASUS mobo in conflict with ATI cards? (reaschering the mobo)

Have you asked ati yet? Read what the mobo manufacturer has to say about it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-mobo-in-conflict-with-ati-cards-reaschering-the-mobo.30766/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all,

I have a MSI k7 pro via kt 266a mobo with an athlon xp1600, served me well, however time has moved on.
1/ MSIs website states the max cpu my mobo can take is xp2100 (upgradeing cpu would be cheapest option). Does anyone know any different?

2/ There are some good "bargains" in mobos, as low as 80 bucks Australian, able to take an AMD 64 3200 , based on SIs chipsets. Of the chipsets available, eg, Sis , Via , nforce, are folk noticing any "real world" difference between them.

I occasionally edit and render video-rendering times not a key consideration and occasionally play Lomac and Il2 flight sims. Thats it. Apart from surf the net.

Your input appreciated. Thanks

A:Advice required for mobo update or mobo replacement

i just bought an ecs N2U400-A MB, i already had a couple xtra processors so i didnt need to get the combo, but if I had got the combo, i beleive it came with an athlon xp 2400+ for around $100 american. so far i am very happy with the quality and performance of this new board. BTW, it is an nFORCE2 board

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/advice-required-for-mobo-update-or-mobo-replacement.17718/
Relevancy 37.84%

http h www hp com ewfrf wc document cc us amp docname c amp dlc en amp lc en amp jumpid reg R USEN The above link is to the HP specs for the machine The mobo is overheating and yes i ve done all the reg maint stuff Let s call it dead bury it and buy a new bride I did upgrade the video and sound last year but those devices should be good for a few more yrs This pc is strictly for gaming music and my embroidery machine software I have never replaced a motherboard nor cpu before though I ve done all else My concern is that in my eagerness to get this girl back up an running I overshoot and choose a board - mobo Intel w/ Replacing Solved: pls. help mobo RC410-M ECS that won t support the current devices I d love to replace the cpu right now Solved: Replacing ECS RC410-M mobo w/ Intel mobo - help pls. too but w bdays and christmas coming Solved: Replacing ECS RC410-M mobo w/ Intel mobo - help pls. I can t afford it So help me geniuses What motherboards would support the pos Pentium D S DC GHz socket but still allow me to celebrate my nd birthday with a new cpu a quad ohh ahhh next april I have searched and searched and it s probably staring me in the face but I can t figure out the mobos I m guessing some of these would work but again brain doesn t work as well as it should and I just cant figure it out http techreport com articles x Thanks for your help Peace ohbrandi nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I am trying to put together a Server running for my home I have a two computers running socket MOBOS and CPUs I have enough pieces to put together another computer CPU RAM Mobo Graphic card Besides this old gear I have a special server case and RAID card I tried to get the computer set up a while back and got errors from the MOBO I made a half attempt to work it out but do newer 939 Mobo Socket purchase a Mobo or not have the time or patience I figured I would just buy another inexpensive mobo and get it going Based on the prices I am seeing for this mobo Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo it has turned into a collectors item and worth more now than when they were cutting edge Should I just suck it up and pay for a Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo old MOBO or should I upgrade my home theater PC to a newer MOBO with new Ram and CPU then take that mobo for the Server That computer runs fine now with a CPU but a newer socket would allow me options for the future without paying a premium for old school technology If you suggest a newer MOBO I would appreciate suggestions on which MOBO and CPU for a Micro ATX case good for a HTPC BTW I am on the road more than at Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo home so most of my work is done on a newer laptop nbsp

A:Socket 939 Mobo or purchase a newer Mobo

You can do mobo/ 2GB RAM and a X2 AM2 for around $150, I would go that route.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/socket-939-mobo-or-purchase-a-newer-mobo.858269/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm upgrading a computer and I'm having difficulties with loading. I am replacing just the mother board, processor chip, and the ram chip. I am re-using the hard drives, cd/dvd drives, and everything else.

I've upgraded from:
an AMD chip to a P4 3.0e w/ HT
an unknown AMD mobo to a DFI PS85-BL ver B1 mobo

I will be using 512 mb ddr 400 pc3200 kingston ram

I already called DFI and they said that I need to unistall the system drivers. Of course, I tried uninstalling all device drivers and then shut down and rebuilt computer. When I booted, the computer asked for safe mode or boot normally. No matter what I select, it automatically reboots.

Any ideas, instructions, or definite fixes?

A:Upgrade Issues. Upgrading from AMD mobo to P4 mobo.

Watching over Gotham City...hey it's dark out here

Why Do u Wanna Upgrade to Pentuim 4
Just Asking

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-issues-upgrading-from-amd-mobo-to-p4-mobo.20691/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have read several posts about issues with this already MOBO MOBO OS to 7 from Need on new files maintain and baked. HD I had an ECS P M MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO Pro-M V with a Pentium I had a primary and MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO secondary hard drive as well as a DVD RW on it My brother-in-law originally build the computer some years ago I got the dreaded call the other day quot Honey the computer won't turn on quot DOA fried MOBO I ordered a Biostar A G MOBO with integrated graphics audio and LAN cards Popped in an AMD Athlon X G and two DDR G Ram sticks Fired that puppy up on my old hard drive It ran through some system checks and nada I keep getting back to nothing I had a system backup set up to run but the destination drive ended up being full without my realizing it and now I'm up shit creek becuase the drive won't boot I've got some important business stuff on that drive which I know I can recover but I would just like it to get up and run I have the install CD and it is a direct from Microsoft CD Nothing specific to the old MOBO What to do This was supposed to be my swan song New computer and I was going to be rocking it out zilcho Please help me out

A:MOBO baked. Need to maintain 7 OS and files from HD on new MOBO

Describe "I keep getting back to nothing" in more detail.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211207-mobo-baked-need-maintain-7-os-files-hd-new-mobo.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Howdy I m at my PSU/Mobo spin New fans won't LED green, Mobo wits end here and I was hoping one New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin of you could point me in the direction of something else to try Working on friend s ish eMachine ick because his motherboard chipset heatsink fell off New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin Used some thermal adhesive to stick the sucker back on but when i hit the power button nothing happens However the motherboard led is on So I pop in another working PSU that I had laying around with the same thing happening At this point I figure the motherboard got fried and ordered a no name gateway oem motherboard I throw it in and have the exact same issue I try shorting the power pins to see if it was my power switch and nada It might be that the processor was killed but wouldn t the psu fan start up in that case Or I ordered a dud motherboard with the same symptoms At this point I m just not sure what step to take to resolve the problem Any advice nbsp

A:New Mobo LED green, PSU/Mobo fans won't spin

Run the motherboard outside the case with just CPU and memory installed. See if it starts. If not, the CPU could be fried or you have a defective motherboard. I hope you didn't use the old power supply with the replacement motherboard, if you did, you probably fried the 2nd motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-led-green-psu-mobo-fans-wont-spin.115091/
Relevancy 37.41%

Here is my mobo, will be here Thursday.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157139

I want a Phenom II soon. I then started (after I purchased the motherboard first) got interested in getting an X3 and trying to see about unlocking the 4th core.

I have searched around and can find little information about anything other than Biostar and 790 chipsets unlocking the core.

If anyone has information that could help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and if anyone here has this motherboard, how do you like it?

A:New Mobo, quick question (CPU/Mobo Related)

The motherboard looks pretty good... I am an Intel man though

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-quick-question-cpu-mobo-related.125107/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi...I have a motherboard with a few bulging capacitors and the board is toast IMO...I saw somewhere that you can replace the capacitors though..So I was wondering is it better to get a new motherboard or replace the capacitors ?/ any info is appreciated...

Relevancy 36.12%

The HP ProDesk 400 G1 MS motherboard is bad.  It is a MS 7860 v1.2.    It has a special connector for the USB ports on the mobo.   Can somebody recommend a new mobo replacement? Thanks. Darryl

A:Replacement Mobo for MS 7860 v1.2 (bad mobo)

Just saw the schematic and the connector is the USB 3.0 mobo connector that combines two USB 3.0 ports.   What do you ask for on a new mobo? Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Replacement-Mobo-for-MS-7860-v1-2-bad-mobo/td-p/5703205
Relevancy 36.12%

Hi
I have an eMachine desktop that Iam repairing for a friend,
we have come to the conclusion (from experience) that because it is dead
even when trying to turn it on that it has suffered from Capacitor Plague
(Perhaps in the PSU then damaging the MoBo)
A new PSU has been tried and it still doesn't work
WHAT Type of 'cheap' motherboard could I replace the current one with?
it has a Celeron processor so we will be looking to conserve that..
I was looking at this...
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/118272/rb/26818414574
or
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/119412/rb/26825319999 (incase his CPU is socket 478)
will this one be compatible?
My friend just wants a cheap solution...
Ive recommended the new PSU / MoBo and extra RAM (at least another 256Mb to
bring it to 512)

any recommendations would be helpful....

thx

Relevancy 36.12%

Sorry I didnt read the guide of how to make a good post.

I have an Emachine for about 4yrs now. 2 weeks ago I turned it on and it turned right back off, I thought it was the power supply, but it wasnt. I took it to Best Buy, told me it was the motherboard. I dont want to spend money on another mother board since emachine sucks, I already spent $400 last year to get my cd drive fixed. U guys say an ATX motherboard is good and cheap, its way better than an emachine mobo. The problem is I dont know which ATX mobo(a good one) to get for my emachine. My emachine is a W350.

Please respond

A:Which ATX mobo should I get to replace with my emachine mobo

The tricky part of this is you will probably have to not only replace the motherboard, but also the power supply, processor and memory

Here's an example:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138090

The power supply is old and you wouldn't want to damage a new motherboard would you. The old memory is DDR. The new board takes DDR2 memory. You may be able to use the old CPU or processor

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-atx-mobo-should-i-get-to-replace-with-my-emachine-mobo.101101/
Relevancy 36.12%

Hey guys, I am building my second system and am just wondering what mobo to get.

I don't full understand the advantages that a 64bit system will bring but I know that a dual processor will do wonders for my work flow (I have a 3D modeller who renders alot). I was just wondering if you know of a dual processor mobo which is also 64bit. That would be the best of both worlds in my opinion.

Any advice you can give would be great.

A:64 bit mobo vs dual processor mobo?

Any preferences between intel and AMD?

If you are going AMD, get a socket 939 motherboard with the nforce4 chipset, like this one for example:
http://usa.asus.com/products/mb/socket939/a8n-e/overview.htm

Then pop a dual core, 64bit CPU in it:
http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/0,,30_118_9485_13041,00.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/64-bit-mobo-vs-dual-processor-mobo.31846/
Relevancy 35.26%

I replaced the mobo on my Dell 5510. Purchased from Dell. Sticker on mobo says BIOS ver A05. About every other day I get blue screen and physical dump of memory. My system info says my BIOS ver is A07. How do I go about changing BIOS? Is it as simple as pulling battery for 15 seconds? Some have offered this suggestion but I get a little worried at "friends" advice.

A:Replaced MOBO on Dell 5510 BIOS sticker on MOBO says A05, system in still has BIOS of A07

Removing the battery won't change the BIOS version. You need to download the version you require from the Dell site. From Windows you "flash" the BIOS. Take your time preparing for this. If anything goes wrong you will wreck your motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-mobo-on-dell-5510-bios-sticker-on-mobo-says-a05-system-in-still-has-bios-of-a07.206391/
Relevancy 33.11%

What is the difference between a regular old computer motherboard and a "server motherboard"? Are they faster? Do they have more ports?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-vs-server-mobo.866327/
Relevancy 33.11%

I installed a new motherboard and it does not seem to new mobo new PSU, No mobo light, be getting power The green light is off When I first installed the motherboard it was connected to the old power supply When I would plug No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo it in I got a clicking noise but nothing else I figured since it was only a w psu and motherboard manual states w I put in a w power supply Now I get nothing Not even clicking noises The whole thing wont even run POST Literally nothing happens when I plug it in or click the power button Yes I tried the switch on the back of the No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo power supply It s active PFC I just installed a P G -M LX motherboard I installed a w OCZ stealthxstream power supply I already connected the pin and the pin power cables Can anyone please give me some advice to at least get the green light on I would try a new processor or new ram if this showed any signs of power going to the motherboard at all nbsp

A:No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo

Well, I don't know about a motherboard that requires "400 Watts". I think that the CPU, and even more importantly, the graphics card combine to set the tone of how much power is likely to be drawn.

Moving along, the "clicking" you heard could be the PSU cutting out due to a short circuit. Check the board to case standoffs, and make certain every one you have in place, has solder lands under the screws. (These are intended to be grounded). If there is no solder land under a screw, remove that particular standoff. BTW did you hook up the ATX (4 pin) connector, the plug near the CPU, and did you connect the PCIE- 6 pin connector to the video card? (This assumes the card you're using needs one)

That bad news is that you may have damaged the board, if indeed it was a short.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-mobo-light-new-psu-new-mobo.155806/
Relevancy 26.66%

First of all this is what i have right now and i need to know if it is ATX or micro ATx--

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?cc=us&docname=bpb11714&lc=en

Ok, I want to get a new Motherboard, graphics card(agp 8x or PCIe), and RAM for this comp...
but i want to keep everything else

What mobo should i get... i can spend around 100 dollars on the mobo

A:Need new mobo

ATX standard size is 12" x 9.6", anything smaller is mATX.

I will not get involved with mobo recommendations, but Asus and MSI seem to be the favourites. Plenty choice there.
Stay away from Jetway, ECS, Asrock etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-new-mobo.27681/
Relevancy 26.66%

The comp wont boot up at all, though the (new) supply seems to be powering everything. On powerup there is no beep or video signal.

Is this the motherboard/bios...?

What do you think?

A:New Mobo?

Why are you repeating the same question in multiple threads?

http://forums.techguy.org/t87258/s044c9bb552e0e0dcb8a153c9a067c106.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-mobo.87316/
Relevancy 26.66%
Q: My MoBo

Is there a way to tell just by looking, what kind of cpu my mobo can handle? When I left for Iraq 1.24 ghz was a decent number, now I can't even get the computer to delete some pictures on the desktop.

A:My MoBo

If you don't know what motherboard you have go here; http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

and download SIW 1.68. This is an executable that doesn't have to be installed on your machine. Just download it to the desktop and launch the application. After the application launches click on Motherboard in the left pane, and when the right hand side pane opens see what information it gives you for the board. Post the Motherboard Information.

If you want to delete SIW 1.68 just right click on the desktop icon and delete it. You may want to keep it since it is handy for finding information for your machine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-mobo.570880/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi I've just built a new computer but it was using a 1.6 ghz p4 .but in a while i will want to up grade but do i go up to a 2.8 ghz (the fastest my mobo will support)or do i buy a new mother board and if so what socket (775 (i want an Intel in my opinion they work better)or what is the socket for the dual cores)

Relevancy 26.66%

Hey again,

I need a new motherboard, pci-e 2.0 (or 1.1, just not #$%&*@!@&$# 1.0/1.0a). Newegg or any other site I have tried can't filter products by pci-e version, so shopping around for one of these could be tough. It'll also need ddr2800 dual channel, socket AM2 for a 6000+, and preferably 2 IDE/PATA. Anyone know of such a board for a very low price?

Thanks.

A:Pci-e 2.0 mobo

It might be hard to find one with pci-e 2.0 AND dual ide connectors, but if one ide connector will suffice(or if a pci or pci-e ide controller is ok), look into this board.
ASUS m3a amd 770

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pci-e-2-0-mobo.93879/
Relevancy 26.66%

Okay i need a seminew computer:
If i buy a new ASRock 939Dual-SATA2 mobo
Amd64 2800+
could i use it with a ata 120gb drive?
And 512 ddr sdram?

A:New Mobo

Should be fine, post the model number of the motherboard if you want to be sure though.

Some things you'll want to confirm:
1)motherboard supports the ram you want to use.
2)motherboard's power needs will be met by your current power supply.
You'll also want to find out what kind of PSU connection your mobo wants (20 or 24 pin). You're fine either way, as you can use an adapter, but good to know ahead of time.
3)Does the new board have integrated graphics?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo.34421/
Relevancy 26.66%

lookin for opinions on the best socket 478 motherboard. It's most definitely an asus. I'm lookin to overclock, who am i foolin, so don't post if you have no reservations for overclocking. I'm thinkin it's a model of the P4p800, or the p4c800. Opinions will be greatly appreciated. Do not post if you are only typing to see your text on screen. AGP or PCI-E, either.

A:Best 478 mobo

I would go with an ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe or an Abit IC7-MAX3 if you can find it.

Abit IC7-Max3
http://cgi.ebay.com/Abit-IC7-MAX3-i...ryZ80157QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe, there are a few left on ebay, that go for about $140-150.

In my opinion, I do not think the Abit is worth it now, since it is more expensive than it first came out. Good luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-478-mobo.97169/
Relevancy 26.66%

What would be the best CPU option for this motherboard?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813128322

A:Best CPU for Mobo?

Core 2 Duo Pentium D Pentium 4 with CPU Socket Type LGA 775
FSB 800 or lower, down to perhaps 533
If you are gamer do not get this board. Otherwise 533 MHz will work great and be fairly inexpensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-cpu-for-mobo.97794/
Relevancy 26.66%
Q: Mobo

hi i'm new to pc building and have a question i'm buying mine all pieces separate i'm getting an evga 122-ck-nf67-t1 mobo to be paired with an intel 6600 since it will be awhile before i can get the cpu is there any way to test if a motherboard is all in working order with out have the cpu a tester of some sort ?and anyone have any problems with the motherboard i mentioned thanks .

A:Mobo

I see your problem. What computer do you have now, and what type of video graphics card?
The thing to do is to test them together... or buy the motherboard and video graphics card last, since they are usually two of the more difficult parts with which to deal under warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo.97799/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have my wish list computer and I was wondering if this mobo http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E is better than the one I currently have in my wish list Here is my current setup XION XION Solaris XON- Silver Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail Model XON- Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock - Instant Update ASUS M V Socket AM VIA K T ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail Model M V Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy Out Of Stock ETA AM Auto-Notify Update XFX PVT GUQL GeForce GT MB GDDR PCI Express x Video Card - Retail Model PVT GUQL Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail-in Rebate Update Thermaltake TR W RUC ATX W Power Supply - Retail Model W RUC Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Mail-in Rebate Update AMD Athlon X Windsor GHz Socket AM Processor Model ADA CUBOX - this mobo How's Retail Model ADA CUBOX Item N E Return Policy Processors CPUs Return Policy In Stock Update pqi POWER Series GB x MB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model MAB GUOE-X - Retail Model MAB GUOE-X Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Update Western Digital Caviar SE WD KS GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive How's this mobo - OEM Model WD KS Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy In Stock Update Hanns G HW- DPB Black quot ms Widescreen LCD Monitor - Retail Model HW- DPB Item N E Return Policy Limited Non-Refundable -Day Return Policy In Stock - Instant Update NEC X DVD R DVD Burner Black IDE ATAPI Model ND- A - OEM Model ND- A BK OEM Item N E Return Policy Standard Return Policy Out Of Stock ETA PM Auto-Notify Subtotal nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hows-this-mobo.524365/
Relevancy 26.66%

O.K.......... I feel like a dork for asking this, but if my motherboard is hashed, windows will not recognize any cards (modem, video, etc.) when it boots up , right?

Relevancy 26.66%

My good ole Epox KHA based workhorse assembled so long ago that I cannot remember all the parts has died Problems began with semi sucessful starts where the CPU PSU fans amp everything else HDD CD spin up but are obviously heard to be JUST getting enough juice to spin the best word to describe it is that it stutters AND the thing did not POST Turned off power at the mains and switched system on again and this time it booted up ran CPU Mobo which? but or Windows and powered down normally Figured it must be power supply issue so disconnected nd CD drive to reduce load Mobo or CPU but which? Attempted to power up again but NOOooooo PSU fan does not spin up Mobo CPU cooling fan dead Mobo LED next to the memory slots lights up Mobo diagnostic LEDs dead The LEDs for power and HDD on the case connected to the mobo light up Done the basic checks which include PSU - reading on all rails as expected PSU alive and powers another test mobo New PSU plugged into my EPOX results in the above EXACTLY So don t think it s PSU NO it s not the wall plug Mobo not earthed although I don t know why I bothered to check this Took all components out bit of a clean and reassembled PC but still same result I did note that capacitors on the motherboard were bulging and crusty on opening the case EPOX KHA notorious for this despite it s greatness I really don t know if it was recent or if it s been leaking for a while yet still running Last gasp maybe I can hear you say that the finger is pointing to my motherboard My question is Will LEDs still light up on the mobo if it has croaked Can it be the CPU and how can I be sure it is isn t without finding another CPU to test the mobo with thus putting the CPU at risk my friends run Pentiums CPU doesn t LOOK toasted although I m a bit worried that attempts to power up has fried it because the CPU fan did not spin up Heatsink was present though Why does the PSU fan not spin up when connected to the mobo Some power is obviously getting to the mobo but not enough for the CPU fan Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Mobo or CPU but which?

Hard to say if the LEDs will light if the motherboard sustained damage. Usually LEDs are pretty hardy, but if the particular circuit is fried, they won't.

Bulging capacitors are a bad sign of deteriation and they are also dangerous. Capacitors contain some nasty and quite toxic chemicals. Don't touch them or breathe any vapors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-or-cpu-but-which.27548/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm waiting for my new parts to come in and I'll put the comp. together myself. I have heard that the nforce2 mobo don't like the kingston hyperx brand of ram. That is what I bought and just need some input from someone that has built one. Has anyone had problems?

A:Mobo and ram not to like each other

I've bought 4 8RDA based motherboards so far, yes I've had problems with kingston ram. In fact I'd estimate about 10% on the failure rate. It seems some works and some doesn't. The only way to tell is to test the memory with a testing program after you install it. Keep the reciepts though and you'll have no problem exchanging the ones that don't work if you encounter any.

On the other hand, alot of the kingston ram runs at a much higher speed than what it's marked. My main machine has 2 512mb DDR266 sticks running at DDR333. It's give and take.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-and-ram-not-to-like-each-other.136389/
Relevancy 26.66%

hi, i have a ASUSTek mobo, model number P4B266LM . and im wondering wats the highest cpu it can handle. currently i have a 1.61 P4 in there and im seeing how high i can go before i have to buy a new mobo.

A:Cpu For Mobo

i think 2.2 is the limit,does ayone know this for sure

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-for-mobo.28849/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am looking at a motherboard on newegg ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ... motherboard so he can have his own computer?

A:Do mobo have to use the indicated ram

You can use PC 2100, 2700 and 3200. The motherboard will automatically select the right speed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/do-mobo-have-to-use-the-indicated-ram.29336/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm fixing an old computer that will not let me boot from floppy without restarting. I'm trying to boot so I can format and reinstall win98. I have the same problem when turning the computer on and trying to let it load win98 thats already on there. Is that a mobo problem? psu? It will load windows and maybe stay on for a minute if that long. Same thing with the boot disk. I get a little ways and it restarts.

Relevancy 26.66%

I heard that my mobo(&#913;sus a8V Deluxe) has Wi-Fi. I have a home network, can I have wireless internet between my pc s? How?
Do I need this antenna? I think didnt include.

Relevancy 26.66%

A computer I built for my mother a little if tell pcu? my or if I is bad mobo How Can my its over six months ago asus PS -MX mobo prescott radeon pro antec W fanless power How Can I tell if my mobo is bad or if its my pcu? supply g hd and run of the mill cd writer and cd rom Two days ago she went to turn it on and only the fans came on no display on the monitor and she had to How Can I tell if my mobo is bad or if its my pcu? unplug the power cord to get it to shut off Now I have the PC at my apartment and I disconnected everthing from the mobo except the video card reset the cmos and I still get the same thing I even took my working pentium out of my desktop and put it in the other mobo same thing And since I was at it I took the Prescott out of hers and put it in mine the same thing happened in my desktop but this time I could shut it off by holding the powerswitch for about seconds Now I am just guessing but it seems to me that the mobo and the cpu are shot but I am not sure that I am leaving any tests out Do I have to do anything before after I switched the cpus between motherboards other than resetting the cmos I m pretty sure I am going to have to order something new but I don t want to order both a cpu and mobo if only one of them is bad any help would be greatly apprectiated nbsp

A:How Can I tell if my mobo is bad or if its my pcu?

Same thing happened here, i have sent mine to a professional repairing dude. I will post once he finds out whats wrong.
Alot of people seem to have this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-tell-if-my-mobo-is-bad-or-if-its-my-pcu.29202/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all im new here Sry if i did anything wrong or this tread ever created b Here i hav a question to ask for help from u guys recently i upgraded a new GC a stick of RAM and a gb sata HDD for my PC Everything went fine i can get into the windows do surfing without a problem BUT everytime i running a D application such as CS S the system bcome unstable and monitor just turn into sleep mode ORANGE LED but the PC is still running with the sounds too still able to hear the sounds from the game The only solution to get back to normal is the reset button i went to the bios just now to check something and i found the V voltage ? PSU Mobo :( or with V which displaly in RED color wats wrong with tat is tat the couse of the problem My PC details Computer Computer Type ACPI Uniprocessor PC Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Mobo or PSU ? :( OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE SP DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium MHz x Motherboard Name Asus P Mobo or PSU ? :( S -VM PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio Video Mobo or PSU ? :( LAN Motherboard Chipset SiS FX System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter RADEON Family Microsoft Corporation MB Video Adapter RADEON SEC Family Microsoft Corporation MB D Accelerator ATI Radeon XT RV Monitor Dell P quot CRT R T CA Multimedia Audio Adapter SiS Audio Device Storage IDE Controller SiS IDE UDMA Controller Storage Controller SiS RAID Controller Disk Drive Disk drive GB Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive HL-DT-ST DVD-ROM GDR B x x DVD-ROM SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free E NTFS MB MB free F NTFS MB MB free Total Size GB GB free THX all for help nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mobo-or-psu.567843/
Relevancy 26.66%

I just received all the parts to build my new computer and i set it all up, even using the manuals (thats a first) and i was so excited then when i turned it on one of the cells exploded and shot a flame at me, from my motherboard, i sent it back to zipzoomfly and they told me that they wont except it b/c it has physical damage and their return policy doesnt cover that. So what could i of done to cause my mobo to fry like that?

Relevancy 26.66%

Okay so I have posted before regarding a stupid startup issue where i hit start and nothing happens and i need to hit restart for it to boot and Anyways i went i mobo or new what should get and replaced my power supply hoping that would work And it actually did fine for a few days no should i get new mobo or what problems but then that start up issue jumped right back up and started occuring again Due to the fact that i was having inconsistent and erratic issues occuring with no rhyme or reason someone said they thought perhaps i had a problem within the motherboard itself They said that the motherboard was failing to send back the required signals for different hardware at different times when it booted Only thing that made this person doubt himself was the fact that i have an Intel board D EEA and have Intel processor Intel pentium III with speed of Mhz They said it was quite unheard or or at least pretty uncommon for an Intel board to fail However I have to maybe think this is the case For one what do you guys think And for two I would DEFINTELY buy Intel again but what should i look for as far as various specs and stuff goes if i were to buy another one mobo that is I want it to be fast only cause i am impatient and good quality But i really do not care for gaming and that crap Any advice for me please nbsp

A:should i get new mobo or what

i dont get it? does intel make their boards from some kind of never-fail compound now?

just being a bit sarcastic...

no. they are 'not bad' but the boards do fail no matter who put what brand on it

i would think that if u replaced the power supply and this helped, maybe the mobo is at fault or one of the cards

before u send the mobo away, maybe just leave the video card in and see if there is a difference

if not, hey even intel mobo can go wrong..

just dont quote me on this one if u get a different board and same thing happens again

also try booting up without the case buttons connected to the mobo - that is try booting by touching the 2 pins with some metal (just dont touch the board)

i can tell u that i had quite a few 'f_cked up' switches on cheap cases

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/should-i-get-new-mobo-or-what.127762/
Relevancy 26.66%

Does Anyone here know if Abit Mobo is good ? Because i used an msi on my old comp and i gotta say msi feels pretty crappy because it burned out on me when i installed the cpu :dead: just making another custom comp and wondered if Abit was good . Also can you guys recommend some good mobos.
thx

ps: Please Recommend Some Mobos that Work With AMD 64 3500+ and ATI
video cards Im Not On A Low Budget So It Wont Matter The Price But At Least A Brandname One

A:mobo help

O and make sure is has a 939 Socket

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-help.31369/
Relevancy 26.66%

Me birthday is soon comeing up so that means new comptuer parts for me haha so i ve been searching around a site i think is good for computer parts but i ve found motherboards that seem good but cant decide what is better out of them Below is the motherboards an a link to them on newegg for specs and reviews etc ABIT AV Socket VIA K T Pro - off that site http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E I thought this one looked really good till i read the reviews not sure what way to go with this one ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Asus A V Rev Deluxe What of Out these ? mobo VIA K T Pro Socket - http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E R This looked very similar to the first one plus there both the same price but not sure wot ones better ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- GIGABYTE GA-K NSC- Socket NVIDIA nForce Gb ATX - http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Although cheaper this one looked equal to the others but i m still not sure I just wanna make sure i go for the right one instead of regretting What mobo Out of these ? getting the wrong one Wanna make sure i get it right as this will be my What mobo Out of these ? first really good computer lol well compared What mobo Out of these ? to what i ve used up until now always been on socket A lol dead I m getting a AMD along with this board and what i ll be transferring into the new one from what i have now is as follows DDR Sticks a pc and a pc Hard Drives g g Geforce fx ve mb DVDRW CDRW etc Incase any of that affetc teh decision lol could i plz get some advice on where to go nbsp

A:What mobo Out of these ?

I think the Asus A8V is the best of the ones you have selected, but.... refurbished? Hmmm.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-mobo-out-of-these.32490/
Relevancy 26.66%

I'm about to build myself a rig, and I have on quick question:

Are these two components fully compatible?

OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2GB (2 x 1GB) DDR2-800 CL 4-4-4-15 Dual Channel Kit Retail
as seen here

and

ASUS P5B Deluxe LGA 775 Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard
as seen here

My only concern is this note:

"Notice: Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets"

That would be a problem, right? Because the CAS is higher, if I understand correctly, which diminishes performance.

So question: if I'm buying the ram for $166, or the board at $184, which one should I go for?

A:Do these go together? RAM&MoBo

http://www.crucial.com/

Enter your MB in here and get the best Mem.Match

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/do-these-go-together-ram-mobo.550285/
Relevancy 26.66%

im trying to find a new decent mobo and i came across one that fits my budget. i am doing a whole pc rebuild so keep in mind i am getting more than this mother board.

im trying to decide between this msi mobo http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3391323

versus this asus mobo:http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3520077&CatId=2417

the msi mobo comes right away like i would like it to. but the asus board may take 1-3 weeks :\ please some assistance

A:Need some mobo help

I would go with the Asus board, just because of sheer experience with them .

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-some-mobo-help.95517/
Relevancy 26.66%

I need a good gaming mobo and ive been looking around and have found nothing that i entirely trust yet. i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for something that was around $80 and can overclock the processor. Ram type doesnt matter, buying new anyways.

im very picky about the parts that i buy so im sorry for another "what to buy" post but i really dont get too much experience with mobos lol. i know i know, go read product reviews but id rather hear it from someone that's used it for a while. thanx for your help! oh yeah, i might want to mention that im putting this pentium 4 into it (exact from the side of the box):

Pentium(R) 4 Processor 3E GHz 1.4V max
System Bus 800MHz, 1MB L2-Cache, PGA-478 Pkg

A:getting 478 mobo

Socket 478 is fairly old now, so there aren't a lot of new boards to choose from. Here's what Newegg has to offer :
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010200280+1070509907&name=Socket+478

There are many on Ebay, just be sure to get one that's been tested and has a return policy; many of the motherboards there are "untested" or not working. If you can't return it don't buy it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/getting-478-mobo.561759/
Relevancy 26.66%

I am looking at two mobos and i dont know which one to choose

MSI K8MM-V Via
or the
Asus K8V-X VIA K8T800

I am looking for a socket 754 mobo that is under $75 and supports pc2100 memory. So if you have a better mobo please tell

A:mobo help

what tasks are you going to be using this system for? a $75 name brand board can be had easlily, but it won't deliver stellar performance.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mobo-help.32115/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi, I had posted about this problem earlier in the Windows OS section. I figured out it's more of a hardware problem. So I have put it here:
I have a MSI motherboard (nforce2 chipset) with an Athlon XP2400+ processor. It was running with 1 GB RAM (2 x [email protected] + 1 x [email protected]) till one of the 256MB RAMs died. Now the problem is that XP won't boot with any RAM greater than 256 MB (tried with fresh RAM chips too).

Also setting memory timings by SPD (2.5 3 3 6) causes XP to fail even with 256MB RAM, so have set it to auto (2 2 2 5). I even had to reduce FSB to 100MHz. Memtest passed all tests on 256MB RAM.

Some people have suggested it's a memory controller issue. But I can't pin point it exactly. Could anybody please suggest some way to find out the exact cause. It would be a huge help..

Thanks

A:Bad Mobo or Bad RAM

Have you removed the ram fully and reset the bios (you may need to refer to your m/b manual on how to clear the cmos.

I find it strange that all memory modules fail

Do you have 3 memory slots (purple and green slots) on your m/b ?
To utilize DualDDR, you need to have one stick of memory in the green slot, and either one or two of the purple memory slots need to be populated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-mobo-or-bad-ram.95792/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey ya ll My sister-in-law calls me and says she moved Grandma s computer and now it won t power on So she sends it to me to see if MOBO or PSU what? or I can fix it It s a Compaq Presario S CL Ghz PSU or MOBO or what? Celeron memory Gb HD There PSU or MOBO or what? is a green LED on the power supply when it is plugged in Push the power switch on the front and absolutely nothing happens Open the case clean all the dust out unplug the PS connections to everything With everything unplugged when I plug in the power supply the green LED is on and much brighter When I connect the power supply to the mother board and plug in the power the LED in on but much dimmer Compaq website says if the PSU LED is on the problem is not with the power supply but with some component MOBO memory some card etc I don t want to buy and replace the PSU if the MOBO is dead rolleyes Do ya ll think the PSU is still OK Do I just tell Grandma to buy a new computer Is there some way to test the PSU or other components to find out what id broke nbsp

A:PSU or MOBO or what?

Start with the user manual

Then, if comfortable, disconnect/reconnect all internal connections
(maybe the ram or a data cable has come loose)

Still the same issue I'd say mobo or cpu

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/psu-or-mobo-or-what.95966/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello all I m new here I just purchased a new motherboard and CPU Figure I ll be getting a new video card for the PCIe slot too Something in the mb range I currently use about gig of ram Anyway the board I bought has a pin power slot and New mobo/cpu PSU new too??? = my current New mobo/cpu = new PSU too??? PSU has only a pin power line I ve been trying to find more information online about it but the information is conflicting Some people say the extra pins are for the PCIe card others say it is to support more power draw for more powerful hardware My question is do I need a new PSU or not New mobo/cpu = new PSU too??? The manual for my new motherboard says that New mobo/cpu = new PSU too??? I can put a pin cable in the pin slot but am I going to starve my mobo cpu of vital amps in doing so I don t want to damage my new system but I don t want to have to purchase a new PSU if I don t have to Are the pin PSUs for overclocking and hard-core power usage or is it necessary At what point does it become necessary Motherboard in question MSI K N Neo nForce http www geeks com details asp invtid MS- -BULK http www msi com tw program support download dld spt dld detail php UID amp kind CPU AMD Athlon http www geeks com details asp invtid ADA DKA CF-N Thank you so much for your time and effort nbsp

A:New mobo/cpu = new PSU too???

ATX specifications 2.2 changed the motherboard and power supply connectors from 20 pin to 24 pin specifically to address extra power for PCI-e cards. Pins 11, 12, 23 and 24 add an additional 3.3v, 5v, 12v and ground for additional power.

In short, the answer is YES, if you have a 24 pin motherboard connector you should use a power supply with a 24 pin connector.

I suggest you consider a good quality power supply such as PC Power & Cooling, Antec, Seasonic, Enermax, CoolerMaster, Thermaltake.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-mobo-cpu-new-psu-too.559069/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Can someone locate the layout TX-Pro MOBO 3 of this chipset motherboard for me The MOBO looks tiny in gold color but I do not see any boardmaker names stated anywhere in the board But I do see chip name with TX-Pro 3 MOBO TX-ProIII everywhere on the board I am trying to overclock this machine but not knowning what s the spec of the MOBO is hard I am current have a AMD K cpu in it not K - just K and the bios is award There is no option for me to change the bus TX-Pro 3 MOBO rate in the bios Other hints The mouse connector is huge it s not a PS type The keyboard is not a PS type either This board do not have AGP Have about - PCI slots The board is very tiny Probably about the size of A- paper I suspect the board made by PCChips It has SDram slots and alternatively also support other kind of ram shorter not sure what it is I owned this machine years ago when AMD is still powerful Please advise EQ nbsp

Relevancy 26.66%

Sorry guys but i just had to share this and sorry if it could be in the wrong forum but to me i think this MOBO kicks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131025

I've looked around and reviews and what not but it still seems likea kickin' mobo i just wonder if it's available in Canada

BTW tell me what you think of this system i don't have the funds for it but if i could ever build one it would be great... so just any random info from you guys would be great.

http://windsor.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-...B-RAM-1-66TB-HD-GeForce-7950-W0QQAdIdZ9368471

A:Have you seen this mobo ?

All seems pretty good except that if you're going to spend that kind of money, get a Core 2 Duo instead of a Pentium D.

And 1.5TB of storage is a little hefty. That money might be better spent on a newer GPU setup--like a DX10 compatible system.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/have-you-seen-this-mobo.538778/
Relevancy 26.66%

HI All, a site newbie here and I need your help to confirm my thinking

I have an Asrock Alive4g dvi mobo, duo core amd processor and 2x1gb sticks of PNY Ram. When I start up the pc, I get a beep code of memory refresh error and at the bottom of the screen
00A1
6B38
I have tried to use just 1 stick of ram in each slot(trying with both sticks). I have reset the bios, new cmos battery and the ram is stable in another pc. I have used the safe default settings and also run it without anything attached.
Am I right in thinking that it is the mobo that's faulty?

Relevancy 26.66%

Over the last week iv slowly been getting a PC together Admitidly iv never made a PC but I thought I had enough knowledge maybe not Basically the LED on the MOBO lights up the PSU and CPU fans spin but there is no output or beeping - if I put the HD in it goes crazy spinning both CD and HD on seperate IDE s set to masters so they re currently unplugged Iv put the speaker into the right connections - im sure - checked it many times - expected some beeps if there were any errors It s a K V Asus MOBO and a AMD chip - both have a stick of DDR and bought a Radeon Sapphire Graphics card But no graphical or sound output just lorra fans - ideal for the summer Please could you tell me where iv gone wrong or how I could find out or any main bullet points - CPU or HELP ?! / What Mobo of things I should check up I would be very grateful nbsp

A:HELP - CPU / Mobo or What ?!

no probs

nm I sorted it now! so yer... :giddy:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-cpu-mobo-or-what.33106/
Relevancy 26.66%

okim getting a new moboi currently have a compaq presario7360, 500mhz,amd k6-2 w/3dnow, 256 mb centon 133/100mhz memory,standard cd rom,sony cd-rw,generic floppy, pc tel modom, network adapter, what should i buy? i want something i can plug everything else into with out problems. does a motherboard come with a processer or do i need to upgrade that along with the mobo. the sy-kt400 dragon platnium sounds nice and loaded,is it? but im a little confused if it comes with a processer and if not what kind should i buy to go with it and can my other hardware work with it?

A:new mobo?

the Shuttle AK32A Motherboard will let you use all your old stuff and it will let you upgrade to DDR memory later on(it has 2 sdram slots & two DDR slots- it's either or when used-not both.

You can get this mobo with an Atlon XP 1800 at Tigerdirect.com for $129.00

Since your graphics are integrated you'll need a new video card too.

I recommend the abit siluro mx440 64mb ddr @65.00 at googlegear.com. they also have less expensive video cards if you don't wat to spend too much.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-mobo.113784/
Relevancy 26.66%

sup everybody, im new to these here parts so bear with me...

i got an amd sempron 2300 1.58ghz on a ECS KM400-M2 board (socket A(462)mini atx) running XP sp2 with 736MB ram. now, i recently got my hands on a freshly pulled amd athon xp 3200 and im thinkin about upgrading. my question is, will that new cpu work with my current board and if not what would be a good and inexpensive board for the job?

also, has anybody done a similar upgrade and if so how noticable was the performance change?

thanx & cheers

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-guy-needs-mobo-help.562653/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi im new to this board my first post!!!

ok...

I just bought my new Soyo kt400 Dragon ultra (black edition) and a 333fsb athlon xp 2600+ My problem is that I cant get the computer to post when i set the cpu frequency to 166... i've tried it automaticaly Setting it to 166 in the bios, and doing all the settings manually (frequency, divide etc...) NOTHING WORKS!!! when i put the freq. at 166 nO POST i get one beep and then no picture :\ why!?

Relevancy 26.66%

Hi all Okay - I have NO idea what to look for so - a challenge for our resident experts to find me a CPU MOBO CPU and and Mobo to go with W CPU and MOBO PSU nVidia Geforce FX MB AGP x MB SDRAM PC Gb Seagate Barracuda HD Gb Maxtor HD Gb Maxtor HD x Liteon CD-RW x Sony DVD - RW Dual Layer Windows XP Professional Edition SP I currently have an AMD Duron GHz on a Gigabyte GA- ZX mobo using the Via KT chipset Looking to stick with AMD and perhaps looking at Athlon with at least GHz but if anyone can suggest convince me to switch to Intel then I m all ears I play a few games like Juiced NFS underground GTA - so looking at something that can handle a bit above that Main use of PC is Music occasional DVD WP Presentations Web surfing Downloading occasional gaming - nothing too heavy If posters would supply approximate prices USD or GBP that would be great - I m looking as cheap as possible Thanks in anitcipation Andy nbsp

Relevancy 26.66%

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/rl/peripherals/mainboards/d1370.html#

What do you think the potential of overclocking on above MOBO? I have a 633 celeron on it right now. The site also said the board is 133 ready and able to take 1400 Tualatine Celeron with FCPGA. The problem is that, there is not FCPGA available, only FCPGA2 for Intel 1.2 and above.

I can see the freq, does swicthing it from 100 to 133 really boost me comp performance up to 841 ??? Any foreseable problem?? The box has a pathetic power supply (100 Watt) !!!

Getting a new computer, but would like to learn a few things out of this obsoleted machine.

Thanks
EQ

A:What can you do with this MOBO?

humm? Hang it on your wall with a label marked Crap. These boards suck - the technical info on them is short and terrible. Onboard video is terrible for gaming, there's no agp slot. The list of supprted cpu's doesn't even show your cpu. And if i'm not mistaken the Celeron 633 runs at 66Mhz not 100Mhz as most older celerons do. 300 watt powersupply is the minimum a computer should have these days. Overclocking may not be possible on this board - these boards don't compare to asus or intel boards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-can-you-do-with-this-mobo.109904/
Relevancy 26.66%

Is my mobo gone added beep count please help Hello and good day My computer is a pentium with megs of ram running windows xp with all service packs installed I unplugged everything and was working on another computer that I had to install software on unplugged power monitor keyboard mouse and cable modem cable and swapped over to other pc I then worked on the other pc to install a bunch of software I then swapped all of the stuff back to the first computer which was working fine and then when I turn it on now BEEP BEEP BEEP sounds like when a keyboard is unplugged sort of And the monitor looks like it is turned off or on standby and there is no text Tried it a bunch of times and it is the same If anyone can point me my ? gone Is mobo in a direction to check out I would appreciate it Power must be getting to the mobo or it would not beep Thanks I have not seen this happen before hard drive crashes and such I have seen but not this If you need more info let me know and I Is my mobo gone ? will open it up and find out what it has nbsp

A:Is my mobo gone ?

Make sure the mouse and keyboard are in the correct ports. I once literally swapped RAM around unplugged everything several times and was considering switching out power supplies all because the computer wouldn't boot because the keyboard and mouse were swapped.
Sometimes the easy answers go unnoticed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-mobo-gone.31554/