Windows Support Forum

acer laptop series aspire E1-522 stuck at boot on...

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: acer laptop series aspire E1-522 stuck at boot on...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 92.88%

My problem with this two year old laptop is that I can't turn it on? Someone suggested that it might be the Motherboard? If so, can they be replaced?

How would I go about checking to see if indeed this is the source of the problem?

A:Hello...perhaps someone can help me? I have an Acer Aspire 5000 series laptop

Common windows XP error. Check to be sure you have all the driver updates from Acer, then make sure you have all the Microsoft updates.
It is not the motherboard. But the fix is different for every computer brand.
I assume you have scanned for virus and spyware, in both normal and Safe Mode.
If you have a copy of Windows XP disk that will allow a Repair mode from a cold boot, that usually takes care of it, otherwise.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hello-perhaps-someone-can-help-me-i-have-an-acer-aspire-5000-series-laptop.83438/
Relevancy 92.02%

Help!
I have an Acer AST 160-US321H desktop PC that is not connected to the internet and used for home projects only. Today I can not get it to come up at all. I have turned it on and off several times hoping to reset whatever went wrong. Also, there is a red light shining next to the green power light once I power it up. Nothing happens on the screen. The CPU is running (at least the fan) but that's about it. Any suggestions?
Thanks!
Deb
PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! I shut down the power strip for a few minutes then tried to reboot again and after doing a disk scan all is well again! THANKS!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-acer-aspire-ts-series-desktop-will-not-boot.578702/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello everyone, I purchased an Acer Aspire 5742 Series Laptop . That is an I3 processor.

MY daughter was having problems with it simply turning off. After looking at and running Real Temp and Prime 95, I believed it was simple over heating .

It is under warranty so I took it in for repair, I just picked it up and they said the fan and vents needed cleaning, that is why it is getting hot and shutting down.

Now I re-ran Prime 95 and it still shut down after 1 hour roughly. Real Temp said it was 89 Degrees C.

So is this normal for laptops??? I costume build my PC and it never shuts down on running Prime 95. Even I did overclocked it.

SO what recommendation do you have? I can take it back (warranty) but I do not have the faith they will fix it ! Since I say no BSOD I am not sure any reports will help. It is a Clean windows 7 install.

A:Acer Aspire 5742 Series Laptop Over Heating

Hello Becky -

By design, laptops just aren't as efficient as desktops when it comes to cooling. Components are bunched together in a small space and the fan is usually underpowered and doesn't move a lot of air. Generally speaking, laptops need to be used on a hard, flat surface like a tabletop and not on a pillow, bedspread, or even a lap. Vents and fan will surely be blocked adding to the heat build up. Many people even use a laptop cooling pad to help with air circulation.

Laptop cooler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But there's another consideration that may prompt you to take the laptop back in for warranty service. It's possible that a heat sink or thermal paste was improperly installed during production. No amount of cleaning will correct that kind of problem. Some additional thoughts:

HowStuffWorks "How to Keep Your Laptop Cool"

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/272766-acer-aspire-5742-series-laptop-over-heating.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I did a clean factory reset on windows using the acer recovery option nbsp Everything was fine until I tried to update to windows I had done the free windows earlier on this machine with no problems nbsp After windows installed and the system was done on screen V5-122p boot Aspire stuck Acer updating the system said it needed to Aspire V5-122p stuck on Acer boot screen reboot and now it wont boot up nbsp It is stuck on the acer boot up screen nbsp I have tried every Aspire V5-122p stuck on Acer boot screen option in the recovery section that pops up after unsuccessful nbsp reloads nbsp It just hangs on the acer screen It wont let me boot to safe mode I cant reset I cant restore I don't nbsp care about the files on the pc I just want the pc to be functional again I have a good restore image on a usb drive but the only way it works is within windows with the acer recovery option nbsp When I try to do the restore or repair options it just says this pc cant be repaired nbsp I even tried tried the windows installation recovery media and recovery using a usb drive and I get an error on that nbsp I have tried everything I can think of nbsp Right now the laptop is a brick nbsp Does anyone have any ideas on a way to repair this thing to make it boot up Thanks in advance for any help

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Aspire-V5-122p-stuck-on-Acer-boot-screen/td-p/452530
Relevancy 86.43%

If this is in the wrong forum I apologize I was not sure where to put it Yesterday I turned my acer laptop on and I got to the quot press F for setup quot screen and then my laptop shut off And then it proceeded to turn back on get to the same screen then turn off Pressing F or F gets me a very scary and loud beeping sound Then it shuts off I already removed the battery and pressed the power button for to seconds and this did not help I have tried reseating the harddisk and removing my expanded RAM stuck a loop Aspire boot 5733Z in Acer to see if that would help like other forums had suggested Didn't work Right now it is in Startup Repair mode I really hope this works Before this happened I had trouble with the new iTunes update and my computet was really slow so I tried running my anti spyware malware programs and Microsoft Security Essentials It found some things but they were removed promptly What could possibly be wrong with my computer

A:Acer Aspire 5733Z stuck in a boot loop

The startup repair was unable to fix the problem, and I am trying to upload the picture I took from my phone of the details but my phone is incapable due to low memory.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/359514-acer-aspire-5733z-stuck-boot-loop.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello folks,

My sister's Acer Aspire 3002LMI has recently ceased to power on whatsoever. Bought in '05 and run mostly from the mains, it suddenly acted as though it was running out of battery - despite being plugged into the mains - and went into hibernation.

By the time she showed it to me, pressing the power button would just make the battery charge LED flash 8 times - nothing else. Now, a few days later, absolutely nothing happens when I press the power button.

The problem occurs regardless of whether the battery is in the laptop. She never used the laptop without the battery in - as it formed part of the base - so whether it ever worked without the battery is not certain. I've also tried using another power cable, to no avail.

So, any ideas what the cause of this problem could be? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Rob

Relevancy 79.98%

Hello everyone!
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question but ...
I have Acer aspire e1-571 laptop for a while now more than one year. Recently it started to boot really slow. Not the windows part but the time between pressing the power button and Acer logo appearing.. Was very long about 10 to 20 min. I searched for a solution, and I tried removing the bios battery and putting it back. But now it dosntieven boot up anymore. I waited on it all night all nothing. The lights are on I even hear the fan but nothing the screen doesn't show anything.
Could anyone help me with this.
Thanks in advance.

A:acer aspire laptop won't boot up.. help !

Try reseating the memory. If you have more than one stick, try booting with just one stick, and then alternating. Sometimes, it can be the memory slot itself, so try the other.

Also, be sure to have all external devices unplugged: USB sticks, hard drives, mice, etc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-boot-up-help.1146294/
Relevancy 79.12%

HI I have an Acer Aspire 3680 laptop that wont boot when turning it on it gets to the Acer screen then beeps continuously then when pushing f2 to go to Bios Setup is Beeps twice, ive tried to swap boot order to boot from a cd or usb to bot up win xp install cd but no luck, I also created a bootable usb with win xp but couldn't boot that ethier? any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 79.12%

Hi all hoping someone can help me with this I was online earlier when suddenly my laptop started screaming about a virus being detected My virus protection expired last week and I hadn t got around to replacing it thanks to having no money so in a bit of laptop 5335 will Acer boot up not Aspire a panic I immediately turned off Acer Aspire 5335 laptop will not boot up my modem and then turned off the laptop Now however the laptop will not start up here s the exact sequence of events that takes place on pressing power on Acer loading screen starts as normal Blue loading bar fills at normal speed Screen then switches to blank black screen with a flashing cursor in the top left corner Pressing most buttons produced a high pitched beep sound and the only thing that seems to do anything is Ctrl-Alt-Delete which simply seems to reset the black screen with the flashing cursor - the screen goes black then reverts to the erroneous screen I can still get into my Setup Utility screen by pressing F during the Acer boot screen but when it goes beyond that none of the F buttons will work Any suggestions EDIT Some more information It s a Vista machine Warranty expired ages ago sadly And I haven t opened it up yet nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 5335 laptop will not boot up

First, we can suggest a number of security softwares that are absolutely free and are excellent in protection.

Second, there is the possibility you'll need to do a reformat due to infection. However, first go to our Virus and Malware Removal forum and read the Updated 8 Step sticky. At this point it doesn't see you'll be able to necessarily do the steps but at least familirize yourself with the process.

Then on that forum, if you cannot do the steps, post your issues and make sure you tell them about the virus.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-5335-laptop-will-not-boot-up.155528/
Relevancy 79.12%

The model is an Acer Aspire laptop Yesterday it froze for an extended period of time so I shut the computer down by simply holding the power button Now whenever I attempt to boot my laptop it goes through these steps Shows me a page with the ACER logo at which point I have the option of pressing F Continues to a Windows Error Recovery page where it gives me two options to Launch Startup Repair recommended or to Start Windows Normally I instinctively chose to Launch the Startup Repair It first goes to a page where is says quot windows is loading files quot and then advances to the standard windows loading page but after Aspire start/boot Acer won't Laptop about seconds of the windows loading page the screen turns black for an extended period of time If I choose the Start Windows Normally option it goes to a Starting Windows page for approximately seconds before a blue page with code suddenly pops up for a split second and then the computer brings me back to the Windows Error Recovery page I really do not know what to do I desperately need my computer right now for school work I am not very versed in computers so I may not understand complex computer Acer Aspire Laptop won't start/boot terms that may be used Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Acer Aspire Laptop won't start/boot

You can either have a failing hard drive on your hands or an over heating system or perhaps both. First lets test your hard drive by going to another computer if possible.

Download UBCD which is in my signature.Burn the ISO Image to a blank CD using Imgburn (How to burn a ISO Image using Imgburn) burn at lowest speed. With the newly burned cd boot with the cd go to HDD>Diagnostics>The make and model of your hard drive, Seagate, Maxtor, Drive Fitness which is Hitachi, Or Western Digital. Perform a short and long test. Could also be called "Standard" and "Extended" test or also "Comprehensive" test. The Seagate hard drive test will work on most drives.

If you can not find the right test for your hard drive your OEM computer may have it's own hard drive diagnostics testing tool. Refer to your OEM computer documentation to find out how to access these test. Also try going to the manufacture of your machine to find documentation about it. Also consider going to the manufacture of your hard drive to look to see if they have hard drive diagnostics test. The ideal test or method would include an ISO that could be burned via an image to a cd which would be made bootable.

Also go into bios under Hardware Monitor or PC health and look at temp readings and post here.

Then we will give the next steps depending on the results.

Also I see in your profile you have listed Windows XP. This a Windows 7/Vista portion of TSF. Can you tell us which version of Windows you have so we can better assist you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-laptop-wont-start-boot-675096.html
Relevancy 78.26%

After installing windows update's i got the bsod i tried doing a recovery but it didn't work. Now it wont even load the bios screen when i put it on!

Please Help

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5720-laptop-wont-boot-up-510697.html
Relevancy 78.26%

i try to turn on my laptop and get

winlogon.exe - unable to locate component

this application has failed to start because shell.dll was not found

press enter and then get

user interface failure msgina.dll failed to load

i would normaly use xp cd and reinstall but the one series dont have cd drives

i have had the problem since i used trojan remover and restarted the laptop, please help

A:acer aspire one laptop with xp home wont boot up

Welcome to TSF

Lets start here

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...name=c00226733

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-one-laptop-with-xp-home-wont-boot-up-326107.html
Relevancy 77.83%

My laptop, bought in June did not come with a recovery disc.  I am travelling overseas and my hardrive has crashed which is being repaired locally but because the recovery media was in the harddrive I now cannot do a recovery.  How does Acer deal with this problem?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/I-have-an-Acer-Aspire-F5-F73G-series/td-p/451311
Relevancy 77.83%

HELLO PLZ HELP ME! PROBLEM WITH MY LAPTOP BOOTING UP ? OK EXPLANATION I TURN THE POWER ON AND MY ACER STARTS AND THEN IT SAY WINDOWS IS STARTING BUT THEN AFTER A WHILE I GET A BLUE SCREEN SAYING UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME WITH THE TECH CODE *** STOP: OxOOOOOOED (OxFFFFFA80024994BO,OxFFFFFFFFCOOOO185,OxOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,OxOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO) I HAVE TRIED TO RESTART USING LAUNCH STARTUP REPAIR AND I GET THE LOADING BAR AND MICROSOFT CORP LOGO THEN THE SCREEN GOES BLACK AND AFTER A WHILE OF BLACK SCREEN I GET A CURSER ARROW BUT IT DOES NOTHING ELSE PLZ IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLZ FEEL FREE
THANK YOU
DIGGA

A:ACER ASPIRE 5552 SERIES

Hi and Welcome to TSF! - Please turn off caps lock when replying here.

Before this happened were you tring to install Windows XP? This is a Windows XP BSOD error.

Have you tryed to boot into Windows Safe Mode? Getting into Windows Safe Mode

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-5552-series-661115.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have an Acer Aspire G laptop yo It was hit by ZeroAccess in but I managed to regain access using multiple tools from the WWW and reading other people postings who had the same predicaments like me All files and data recovered and backup to other media I used the system restore to restore to factory default with percentile success with another percentile using the factory backup restore DVD disc Started a fortnight ago my laptop shutdown automatically even before booting into the password section A few days ago I cannot boot into the password section where I typed my password to reach the Windows area The HDD ran on for minutes in Starting Windows section until I pressed the radio button to switch it off Relaunched Win and boot into gt F gt Startup Repair mode and the result was system config changed gt Finished gt Shut down Next I retried turning on and due & 6 Aspire can't laptop err to changed sysconfig Acer boot yo disk off the system to boot into Win using the radio button Startup Repair reported disk errors Attempting repair and failed many times It even shutdown on its own when launching the Startup Repair Process The BIOS cannot save changes at all Pressing F and F changed nothing Cannot change boot sequence from HDD to to DVD ROM I used Peppermint Live disc to recover or backup my files the system report SMART Disk Errors bad sectors and now reallocating damaged data The folders where the files are kept cannot be accessed unlike in the past REATOGO XP had the same result Tried using OTLPE to 6 yo Acer Aspire laptop can't boot due to sysconfig changed & disk err scan HDD it reported not Windows or later platform Today I ran Startup Repair attempting repairs successful Files are all fine Did backup However Not Responding is very frequent and laptop is very slow in responding Ran chkdsk scandisk sfc scannow All reported OK with KB of disk errors Even SMART reported WMIC Status OK So what is the problem ZeroAccess in MBR partition ZeroAccess relapsed HDD failure What had happened to sysconfig changed reported in the first Startup Repair Thank you for any suggestions

A:6 yo Acer Aspire laptop can't boot due to sysconfig changed & disk err

Easiest thing to start with is to check the HDD.

Run the DOS version of the LONG test of SeaTools, as described here:
SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/364198-6-yo-acer-aspire-laptop-cant-boot-due-sysconfig-changed-disk-err.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi

My daughter has this laptop running Vista and it has crashed completely. It tries to start Vista but then freezes before it gets into the operating system. I can get into command prompt and see that the only drive it has has changed from C to X but all the system and personal files are still there. It would appear Windows might be corrupt although I haven't ruled out a hardware conflict at this stage. My question is how can I retrieve and backup the personal files with a USB portable drive which I have before I format and reinstall Windows. She has files she would hate to lose so any help in getting at these to backup would be greatly appreciated. Also not sure how to access reinstall of Windows as she received no CD when she bought it new. I believe it is installed somewhere on the hard drive.

Thanks

A:Acer Aspire 5738/5338 Series

http://partedmagic.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5738-5338-series.953555/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello, I have recently purchased a new laptop for myself and chose the ACER Aspire 5349 series. It functioned properly and without fail for a week and then problems arose. My laptop began to shut off randomly and without warning. This happens if I am on battery or plugged in. To turn it on must remove any sources of electricity (power cord and battery) and then must hold the power button for 30 seconds once I release I must put the power cord back in start up the laptop then add the battery. This has been happening about 90% of the time and very randomly. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Some final specs include:
Windows 7 Home premium 32bit
2gb DDR3 memory
Intel 8800 Processor
320gb HDD
Intel HD graphics
6 cell li-ion battery

A:ACER Aspire 5349 series will not startup

Does it have warranty?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/205912-acer-aspire-5349-series-will-not-startup.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I want to ask a question in a discussion board but don't know what fourm to post to.Can someone please advise.Thanks

A:How do I find out what series my acer aspire 5742 ...

Hello, In Legacy laptops and netbook.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/How-do-I-find-out-what-series-my-acer-aspire-5742-is/td-p/440452/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 76.97%

I have an Acer Aspire 4730Z Series with Windows Vista Op System. Are there still Upgrade discs out there that will allow me to upgrade to Windows 7?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/I-have-an-Acer-Aspire-4730Z-Series-with-Vista-Can-I-still/td-p/454164
Relevancy 76.97%

I'm no computer genius, but I knew that having unused programmes on my laptop can't be helping my running speed etc, so in a bid to be quicker I decided to have a clean up.
I went into my add/remove programmes and got rid of a few things...

- MSN messenger
- Adobe Photoshop
- And a few other things I deemed unnecessary.

After that I had no sound. I tired a system restore, nothing, and I've been on the acer website and downloaded the audio driver, still nothing.
I'm running XP, as I tried vista and my laptop didn't take to kindly to this upgrade.

So any help would be very much appreciated. I'm not a major rush, so if it take a week or so of process of elimination I honestly don't mind, its just terrible sat with a silent laptop.

Thanks a lot, Eleanor.

A:No sound on Acer Aspire 5100 series

No sound?

Are you sure you installed the correct audio driver ?
I use, a free program from 'Drivereasy.com' It will scan yout PC and get the right drivers for you. But its a good move to uninstall the old one in 'Device Manager' first
Any chance you have just muted the speakers ? ( left click on the speaker in the taskbar and push the marker up to about 15).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-on-acer-aspire-5100-series.153250/
Relevancy 76.97%

I want to ask a question in a discussion board but don't know what fourm to post to.Can someone please advise.Thanks

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:How do I find out what series my acer aspire 5742 ...

Go to Discussions (header) > Laptop > Legacy laptops and netbooks. You'll able to create a topic about your laptop in this group. Aspire 5742 is a legacy laptop (old model).

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/How-do-I-find-out-what-series-my-acer-aspire-5742-is/td-p/440452
Relevancy 76.97%

To start off, this laptop has been horrible since the day I got it. I can't even believe how slow it is; it lags doing even the simplest tasks.That aside; I was prompted to update an AMD Catalyst Radeon (something like that) software, so I did. The screen went black and nothing happened for almost 10 hours.I eventually decided to turn off the power. Now that I turn it back on it's just stuck on "Acer explore beyond limits" screen.It has been like this for days now. I've tried turning it on and off again several times. It's just stuck at that screen.What do I do? How do I fix this? I need this computer for school.

A:Acer Aspire ES 15 ES1-520-3441 stuck at "Acer expl...

Boot pressing F2 to enter BIOS, check if your HDD/SSD is listed on BIOS informations page. if you press Alt+F10 are you able to enter recovery? Which windows OS version is installed?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-ES-15-ES1-520-3441-stuck-at-quot-Acer-explore-beyond/td-p/428427/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 76.11%

Alt-f10 is not working to start e-recovery software and also my backup acer software not read into DVD drive and eject immediately.. Yes I have original HD included windows vista. due to some problem one of IT people format all C and D drive and install windows 7. error showing when pressing alt-f10 same as like Path:\windows\system32\winload.exe Partion:2 Hard Disk:8fa61239 [ /NO EXECUTE = OPTIN ]

A:Recovery Acer Software aspire product 45.. series

"Usually" the Acer recovery partition was a hidden partition; inaccessible by the usual means; at least it was some time back. Sometimes called a PQ partition if I remember correctly (at least for Acer laptops a wee while back). It was usually first item on the hard drive too.You seem to suggest that the system was initially Vista; then you took it up to win-7... Possibly in the process of going to win-7 the (Vista) recovery partition was destroyed; or at least overwritten by a win-7 version?This rather olde post has a very helpful response from Johnw - it's the best answer entry too.http://tinyurl.com/hl8nugxFollow John's routine and see if you can "see" any evidence of a recovery partition?This is another approach too:http://tinyurl.com/l7u3q5zand this may also explain "your" particular drive partitioning as was and possibly is now:http://tinyurl.com/hr4jceoIt would appear that in some more recent systems the PQ/Recovery partition is now flagged as D: ; and thus if per chance your IT chums got at that D partition on your laptop.. then they erased its contents when they reformatted it...?

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/recovery-acer-software-aspire-product-45-series/14078.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I have an Acer Aspire series laptop and it won't startup First it takes me to the screen quot launch startup repair or launch windows normally doesn't startup 5315 Acer series Aspire quot I've clicked startup repair several times and it never fixes it I've also tried starting windows normally and it comes up with Acer Aspire 5315 series doesn't startup this black screen with the font xc cdf-ms It usually freezes between - Usually it goes to this screen no matter what I do Now I've Acer Aspire 5315 series doesn't startup been trying each of the advanced startup repair techniques still none work Each of them freeze at pretty much Memory Diagnostic froze at windows Acer Aspire 5315 series doesn't startup system restore was finalizing the restore for over an hour I have no idea what to do with the command prompt I don't have the correct discs apparently for complete system restore and startup repair never works I bought these disks from the acer company and one of the steps says Reboot the computer and press F for Acer when the splash screen first appears I don't know when the splash screen even appears So basically I don't think the disks work Is there any hope for my laptop Thanks to anyone who helps

A:Acer Aspire 5315 series doesn't startup

It sounds to me like your operating system has become corrupted.

The fact that the computer did not shut down properly, causes you to keep going back to a screen saying just that.

Each time this cycle happens your operating system becomes more corrupted.

You should try running chkdsk /f to see if this fixes the issue.

I do not know off hand who your hard drive vendor is but you should try running a DOS version of their diagnostic disk utility to check for bad sectors on the hard drive.

If you can provide that hardware information, we can point you to a DOS utility that runs independent of the hard drive in question.

Bruce.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/337370/acer-aspire-5315-series-doesnt-startup/
Relevancy 76.11%

I have a an Acer Aspire 5102WLMi notebook that the screen just went completely white on and then upon restarting it nothing was displayed, but the computer at least seems to turn on. I've tried plugging it into an LCD monitor but there still isn't anything displayed. I should note the laptop isn't mine. This is how I received it and what I was told. Is it possible for the on-board video to go bad? Or any ideas of things I could try to pin-point the problem?

Thanks

A:Acer Aspire 5100 Series Notebook --No Display

If you have tried an external monitor (which you said you have) and nothing displayed on boot whilst plugged into the external monitor, I would say that the built-in video is bad. I would advise your friend/client/relative to purchase a new laptop or see if you can find a cheap, used mobo on Ebay to replace it because the video cannot easily be replaced (soldered onto motherboard).

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5100-series-notebook-no-display.674493/
Relevancy 76.11%

I purchased this lap top in November 2015 started to set it up but with Xmas and everything never completed I have since on numerous occasions tried to get back onto but have tried the password that I thought I had set and it will not accept it.  Can I get it back to factory settings and how ??  I sent for a Windows password reset tool on a bootable USB it does the first part no problems but after stage 2 is finished it takes me back to enter password again when apparently it should ask for the memory stick ???   Any ideas anyone  thanks in advance I'm not that technical but can follow instructions and it will just not allow me pass the password function ??? ????

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-R3-Series-model-N15W5-forgotten-password/td-p/456992
Relevancy 76.11%

Guys. need help. I changed my OS to windows 7 from windows xp, then my wireless connection cannot find any signal.. pls help.

A:aspire 5580/5570/3680 series ACER

It would appear that the aspire 5580/5570/3680 are not compatible with Windows 7. That being so some if not most of the hardware will not work.

Aspire 5580/5570/3680

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/aspire-5580-5570-3680-series-acer.908698/
Relevancy 76.11%

Can i know what has happened to Acer Aspire E5 575G 54ZH series because i am about to buy one but no one is selling that type of laptop. Can someone informe if they are withdrawn from the market because of some kind of error or it is just not popular category at all. Is all alright with that particular series?Thanks in advance!

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/What-happend-to-Acer-Aspire-E5-575G-54ZH-Series/td-p/461520
Relevancy 76.11%

Hi, i'm thinking of upgrading my laptop acer aspire 5104 to win7, but i couldn't find any drivers for the hardware.
I've also searched here, but no result
If there are, can any of you please help?
Cheers,

A:Acer Aspire 5100 series (5104) Driver

Windows 7 Should Automatically Detect the hardware, or most of it. A good test before you blow the whole machine away would be to do a "dual boot" and see what you need to look for, if it doesn't detect everything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/16465-acer-aspire-5100-series-5104-driver.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I purchased this lap top in November 2015 started to set it up but with Xmas and everything never completed I have since on numerous occasions tried to get back onto but have tried the password that I thought I had set and it will not accept it.  Can I get it back to factory settings and how ??  I sent for a Windows password reset tool on a bootable USB it does the first part no problems but after stage 2 is finished it takes me back to enter password again when apparently it should ask for the memory stick ???   Any ideas anyone  thanks in advance I'm not that technical but can follow instructions and it will just not allow me pass the password function ??? ????

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-R3-Series-model-N15W5-forgotten-password/td-p/456992
Relevancy 76.11%

This is a new laptop. Probably over my head. For some reason the full screen mode has changed to a black section on top and bottom. My display is set at 1600X1024 pixels. I have done nothing to change the screen appearance.
Automatic updates are activated and that is the only changes I have seen.
I would like to know how to effect a full screen picture without the top and bottom blackout. Also on IE my main page is just about 1/2 the center of the screen.
Pretty basic as is my knowledge! Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-ultimate-on-acer-aspire-8920-series-415420.html
Relevancy 76.11%

my acer aspire 5740 laptop stuck on first ascer screen says pressF2 to enter setup. i press F2 it shows entering setup and get stuck. Please help

A:my acer aspire 5740 laptop stuck on first ascer screen says pressF2 to enter setup. i press F2 it shows entering setup and get

Have you tried launching it in "Safe Mode"? That would be the first thing I would try, and see if it will load past that screen. If it does, then there is probably something installed on the device that is causing the problem and you will need to see about uninstalling it.

If it doesn't move past, and still gets stuck, you may have a hardware problem.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123113/acer-aspire-5740-laptop-stuck-ascer-screen-pressf2-enter-setup-press-shows-entering-setup.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I am asking this question because every once in a while when my sister's Laptop is sitting next to the modem/router it drops connection with a triangle over the WiFi bars.

Do I need to update the driver that has to do with the WiFi?

A:Acer Aspire 5749 Series WiFi Connection Dropping

It did it again today. Does anyone know why it's doing this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/366959-acer-aspire-5749-series-wifi-connection-dropping.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Ok so I'm having a major issue with my new laptop Acer V - - boot Acer cant trying V5-571-6806 bios Drive, to Stuck Disc Windows access 8 laptop Win I wanted to install windows on a second partition So I'll go through what I did and what is messed up I created a new partition in Windows Inserted disc and attempted to do a custom install Got error because of the secure boot stuff on Windows machines I was able to access the bios here I changed the bios to Legacy bios and turned off secure boot Well that was a mistake I already had issues entering the bios before and this just created a huge issue I Windows 8 laptop Acer V5-571-6806 Stuck trying to boot Disc Drive, cant access bios think So I inserted the windows install disc again it booted on its own from the disc I was unable to install win because of GPT partition So then I just wanted to boot windows again Took out disc and rebooted laptop Now every time I get PXE-M F EXITING PXE ROM Then a black screen that says Operating System not Found So far I am assuming it is stuck trying to boot from the disc Once I insert the Win install disc it boots and goes through the normal install process On post it says press F for bios and F for boot menu Neither of these do anything I tried other F keys exc del etc nothing Sometimes a beep but I cant get into bios or anything I also tried an external keyboard nothing I am burning a win recovery disc on another pc right now Will this help me out Is there a way to reset my bios manually similar to a desktop motherboard

A:Windows 8 laptop Acer V5-571-6806 Stuck trying to boot Disc Drive, cant access bios

Hello MrOldboy and welcome to TSF,

Are you having issues accessing the BIOS?

The first thing you need to do is enter the BIOS and reset it to defaults. GPT requires the UEFI firmware interface, and Legacy support could result in boot failure.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-laptop-acer-v5-571-6806-stuck-trying-to-boot-disc-drive-cant-access-bios-677949.html
Relevancy 73.96%

my laptop wont connect to a wired or wireless network in my house. its an acer aspire 5741 series. the other laptop that im using to write this connects to the modem with no problems. all mobiles are connecting fine aswell. is my computer broke?

A:no internet access wired and wireless-windows 7 acer aspire 5741 series

can we see an ipconfig /all from the faulty PC
What firewall / security suite or anti-virus do you currently have on the PC - or you have ever had on the PC in the past - any trial ware - like Norton, Mcafee , AVG etc

------------------------------------------------------------------------
ipconfig /all
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to paste the results into something like notepad and then copy onto a machine that can access the internet and post the results in a reply here.
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and paste here.

We would like to see the results from an ipconfig /all - post back the results in a reply here.

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD then press Enter to open a command prompt box
(A new dialogue box - black with white font, will appear on screen ):

In the command prompt window that opens, type the following command:

Note that there is a space before the /ALL, but there is NOT a space after the / in the following command.

ipconfig /all > network.txt & network.txt

It will export the results into notepad and then automatically open the notepad and display on your screen.

Now all you need to do is copy and paste those results into a reply here
to do that:
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Select all
all the text will now be highlighted
Next
From the notepad menu - choose Edit - Copy

Now go back to the forum - goto the reply and then right click in the reply box and paste the results.
The results from the notepad should now appear in the forum reply.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-internet-access-wired-and-wireless-windows-7-acer-aspire-5741-series.1070079/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi Folks I have an ACER One Model A h netbook I have now tried several times to recovery it to factory settings using the built in recovery partition I access this recovery partition by using Alt-f during boot The recovery runs fine up until where it sticks Stuck Acer Aspire Recovery 99% at One for days The application running the recovery is Acer eRecovery Manager v I have also Acer Aspire One Recovery Stuck at 99% recovering using the recovery DVD s which I burned They seem to go through the process but then when I restart the system I get a black screen complaining about missing files I am then instructed to run recovery This is driving me crazy Please note that I am an IT engineer by trade and have recovered literally hundreds of these devices from all manufacturers with no issues I have also reseated the RAM but dont want to have to strip of the cover to reseat hard drive I can however hear it running and I have also used Active boot to reformat the C drive The recovery partition has Acer Aspire One Recovery Stuck at 99% not been touched and is not damaged It runs perfectly up to Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

A:Acer Aspire One Recovery Stuck at 99%

Hard drive diagnostic?

You are not alone with this situation, see http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/390184-acer-6935g-erecovery-stops-99-a-2.html, among others found via Google.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/417115/acer-aspire-one-recovery-stuck-at-99/
Relevancy 72.24%

I tried to reset my Acer Aspire v5 471G but it ended in a bootloop. I clicked the reset button and it started reseting everything then it came to the 'finished' screen and it gave me options to either shut down computer or to restart it, and i chose to restart. Now after a long time of waiting it's stunk in a bootloop. Please Help.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/HELP-FAST-PLEASE-acer-aspire-v5-471-stuck-in-bootloop/td-p/446967
Relevancy 71.38%

My Aspire S7-392-9439 is stuck at the "Acer, Explore beyond limits" during boot up.  The wheels spins for a few seconds then the machine shuts down and starts over.  It won't move past that point.  What is the fix for this?  I need help!

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-Aspire-S7-392-9439-is-stuck-at-the-quot-Acer-Explore-beyond/td-p/458639
Relevancy 71.38%

By accident, I changed my BIOS from UEFI to Legacy BIOS.  Now when I turn it on, it quickly flashes every 5 sconds, and screen is always black (no Acer logo screen, nothing).  I tried FN + F2 to bring up the BIOS settings menu again but it doesn't work (that's the key combo I used to get BIOS menu up when I switch it to Legacy BIOS by accident).  Is there a different key combo to bring up BIOS menu again so I can switch it back to UEFI? 

A:acer aspire s7 391 stuck on legacy BIOS

Not FN + F2, just F2. Start rapidly tapping as soon as you push start.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-s7-391-stuck-on-legacy-BIOS/td-p/434333
Relevancy 71.38%

Greetings All nbsp Tipping a nod to Eister who is also having nbsp this issue with an Aspire See this thread nbsp I am nbsp building Aspire stuck in sleep S7 mode Acer Acer Aspire S with a nbsp Windows image and they have all been exhibiting this behaviour If left unattended they go in to sleep mode and there is no way to gain access again except by performing a hard reset Not good if you didn't save your work nbsp It seems there is a change in the way Windows behaves in sleep mode as we have seen a similar issue in Travelmate P models where once in sleep mode the Keyboard will not bring the device out of sleep Only clicking the mouse or touchpad and moving the mouse or your finger Acer Aspire S7 stuck in sleep mode on the touchpad will allow you to Acer Aspire S7 stuck in sleep mode access the login screen Performing some Google-Fu has shown a lot of Windows users having this experience regardless of Acer Aspire S7 stuck in sleep mode the hardware on which it is running nbsp However for the Acer Aspire S and The Aspire it would seem there is a different issue nbsp We have various BIOS versions on the S devices so am unable to determine if that might be a cause nbsp I'd like to try and download the latest BIOS once the Driver downloads service is back up to see if that resolves things nbsp Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution please nbsp Regards nbsp David nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Acer Aspire S7 stuck in sleep mode

Acer Aspire S7? Can you give your complete model number? Here is an example of a complete model number. Acer Aspire S7-392-6425

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Aspire-S7-stuck-in-sleep-mode/td-p/415946
Relevancy 71.38%

My laptop (acer aspire 7750-6423) recently crashed and would no longer load up windows. I couldn't repair or recover anything from the hardrive and had to buy a new one. I went through erecovery and came to software instillations. It was working fine till it got to "installing LITE-ON Camera 1.3M Ali 5608c" 18/42, where it is stuck and wont install. I dont have any back up disks from my old hard drive and the software wont install. I dont know what to do. Please help.

A:Acer Aspire stuck on software installation

This is probably Acer specific. Do they have a web site that offers help?
Do you get an option to skip the camera software?

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/301808-acer-aspire-stuck-software-installation.html
Relevancy 71.38%

My Wife's laptop Acer Aspire One D with ACER stuck! Aspire System Restore OS Win Starter needed to be restored and a clean install the problem is that when it was first bought no backups were made mainly because it doesn't have a disc drive I used the Advanced Recovery Method that was pre-installed to ''Return your computer to factory condition'' and all was well until it got to the last stage installing sysprep factory mode It hanged there for over hours with no movement or activity light and so i had to ACER Aspire System Restore stuck! force a restart Now as far as im aware the re-installation was a success as it boots fine and all programs seem to be there and it is working fine what i dont know though is if it will continue to be fine and everything has installed like it should of as the process was forced to close The only thing i can see that im not sure was there before is a min icon logo on the welcome home screen How can i be sure if the install completed Can i do anything to make sure it does install fully if i need to do it again Why did it stick at that point What is the min logo icon many thanks

A:ACER Aspire System Restore stuck!

I suspect the 42/42 step hangup was not really a problem. If everything works, it should run OK, in the future. If there was a problem because of the step hangup or not installing properly you would see it immediately.

I don't know what the logo/Icon is. I had an Acer but it was a full laptop, not a netbook. I had a Samsung netbook with the Win 7 starter and I had a USB connected CD/DVD burner and was able to create the needed backup discs, if they were ever needed (fortunately they were not).

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/212970-acer-aspire-system-restore-stuck.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Greetings All nbsp Tipping a nod to Eister who is also having nbsp this issue with an S7 sleep stuck in Aspire mode Acer Aspire See this thread nbsp I am nbsp building Acer Aspire S with a nbsp Windows image and they have all been exhibiting this behaviour If left unattended they go in to sleep mode and there is no way to gain access again except by performing a hard reset Not good if you didn't save your work nbsp It seems there is a change in the way Windows behaves in sleep mode as we have Acer Aspire S7 stuck in sleep mode seen a similar Acer Aspire S7 stuck in sleep mode issue in Travelmate P models where once in sleep mode the Keyboard will not bring the device out of sleep Only clicking the mouse or touchpad and moving the mouse or your finger on the touchpad will allow you to access the login screen Performing some Google-Fu has shown a lot of Windows users having this experience regardless of the hardware on which it is running nbsp However for the Acer Aspire S and The Aspire it would seem there is a different issue nbsp We have various BIOS versions on the S devices so am unable to determine if that might be a cause nbsp I'd like to try and download the latest BIOS once the Driver downloads service is back up to see if that resolves things nbsp Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution please nbsp Regards nbsp David nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Acer Aspire S7 stuck in sleep mode

Acer Aspire S7? Can you give your complete model number? Here is an example of a complete model number. Acer Aspire S7-392-6425

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Aspire-S7-stuck-in-sleep-mode/td-p/415946/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 71.38%

By accident, I changed my BIOS from UEFI to Legacy BIOS.  Now when I turn it on, it quickly flashes every 5 sconds, and screen is always black (no Acer logo screen, nothing).  I tried FN + F2 to bring up the BIOS settings menu again but it doesn't work (that's the key combo I used to get BIOS menu up when I switch it to Legacy BIOS by accident).  Is there a different key combo to bring up BIOS menu again so I can switch it back to UEFI? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/acer-aspire-s7-391-stuck-on-legacy-BIOS/td-p/434333/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.95%

I restarted my computer like normal and for whatever reason the computer is now stuck at the Acer boot screen. I try to press DEL to enter Setup and I even tried pressing F12 to go into the Boot Setup, but for whatever reason the computer does not respond to anything.

To shut it off I have to hold down the power button and eventually it shuts off.

Stuff to know:
- I have a wireless mouse and keyboard being used on that desktop.. Should I perhaps try to plug in a corded mouse and keyboard?
- I'm running on Windows 7 Ultimate.
Thanks

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, I have an laptop Acer Aspire 4752 installed Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise Evaluation: Intel Core i3-2350MBIOS Phoenix  with UEFI is enabled  HDD WD5000BPVT used GPTBIOS password is enabled, HDD password is enabled  I had not access BIOS so I changed msconfig and then I removed CMOS pin. After that the laptop stopped when I pressed power button at Acer logo and progress bar going to 75%. I pressed F2 but nothing happened. That screen look like image below. Regrettable Decision I have ever made is not readed guider: Accessing the UEFI (BIOS) setup on a Windows 8 / 8.1 system  Please help me!  

A:Acer Aspire 4752 - BIOS progress bar stuck at abo...

Have you tried repeatedly pressing F2 *immediately* after powering on and before the Acer logo screen appears? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-4752-BIOS-progress-bar-stuck-at-about-75/td-p/352447
Relevancy 70.52%

I can't get past the system recovery, and am even unable to run the Vista disk to reinstall the OS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/acer-aspire-computer-stuck-in-system-recovery-401061.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello my computer got stuck on BIOS screen a few days screen. ... All on in Aspire stuck ACER Computer BIOS After replacing the motherboard That means that I can't even access to the BIOS Setup nor boot options I have tried removing all the devices connected to it even the DVD player Only removing the Hard Drive allows me to enter the setup and boot options tried changing the hard drive for a new one and boots OK Computer stuck on BIOS screen. ACER Aspire All in ... but after reinstalling the OS the problem comes back I already tried ti install a different OS version but no changes Apparently for no valid reason I have been able to boot the OS with both the new and the older Hard Drive a couple of times always after resetting the BIOS but not every time the result is the same but after Restarting got stuck again I don't know if i have a hardware Software or BIOS Config problem Any help from Computer stuck on BIOS screen. ACER Aspire All in ... you guys would be great Thanks for your time nbsp Computer model ACER Aspire All in One U - OS Windows and tried with both the latest version from Microsoft Website

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Computer-stuck-on-BIOS-screen-ACER-Aspire-All-in-One-U5-610/td-p/434879/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, I have an laptop Acer Aspire 4752 installed Windows 8.1 x64 Enterprise Evaluation: Intel Core i3-2350MBIOS Phoenix  with UEFI is enabled  HDD WD5000BPVT used GPTBIOS password is enabled, HDD password is enabled  I had not access BIOS so I changed msconfig and then I removed CMOS pin. After that the laptop stopped when I pressed power button at Acer logo and progress bar going to 75%. I pressed F2 but nothing happened. That screen look like image below. Regrettable Decision I have ever made is not readed guider: Accessing the UEFI (BIOS) setup on a Windows 8 / 8.1 system  Please help me!  

A:Acer Aspire 4752 - BIOS progress bar stuck at abo...

Have you tried repeatedly pressing F2 *immediately* after powering on and before the Acer logo screen appears? Jack E/NJ

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-4752-BIOS-progress-bar-stuck-at-about-75/td-p/352447/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm trying to reinstall xp on a acer 3000.I can use the keys in BIOS and using recovery cd,I can use the keypad whille its installing but when its finished and gets to wecome to Mircosoft windows"lets speand a few minutes setting up your computer" the keybroad won't work.Also tryed using a mouse.Any help would be great I'm at a loss.Thanks

A:acer aspire 3000 keybroad stuck while installing

Strange one I got the keyboard working by taking out the battery????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-3000-keybroad-stuck-while-installing.950616/
Relevancy 70.52%

So one evening my laptop randomly restarted itself and upon logging back in I found that I could not run almost any of my programs exe files I tried checking for anything unusual in the registry but found nothing In task manager when I clicked a program or attempted to run it in various ways I would see it pop up for a second before it got killed Finding no way of fixing it online I decided I would attempt the factory restore option that comes with the laptop in the system recovery that places all your documents in a C Backup file But nearing the end of this an error came up saying 'setup is starting services' which says to restart the computer to continue But I can no longer get it past this screen I've tried rebooting it in safe mode as well Any help is much appreciated I don't even particularly mind if I lose my information at this point I just need a working laptop

A:Acer Aspire Stuck on setup is starting services

Do you make your Acer Recovery Disks?

Manual how to use Acer eRecovery Management here:
ftp://ftp.support.acer-euro.com/notebook/empowering_technology/NB%20ET2%20user's%20guide/Acer%20eRecovery%20Management%20English.pdf

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/172463-acer-aspire-stuck-setup-starting-services.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I recieved this laptop for my birthday on the 28th May, and has been running absolutley fine until about half an hour ago.
I turned it on and it wouldn't go past the "Acer" start up screen, so I turned it off manually and tried it again. Still the same problem and all the keys do nothing when I press them.

I've tried to look up solutions on the web but the only one says to re-install Vista with a disc, and mine came pre-installed with Vista and NO installation disc.

I'm unsure if this is a Vista problem or an Acer problem, so sorry if its in the wrong board.

Any help on how to fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-5735-stuck-at-start-up-screen.831127/
Relevancy 70.52%

Slow online and stalls continuously ...battery died and took over two weeks to repair, so many glitches this is the worst laptop I have owned....would not recomend acer nor buy another. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/acer-Aspire-ES-15-stalls-on-pages-shimmies-stuck-on-one-drive/td-p/458184
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, I bought an Acer Aspire R15 with Windows 10 from Best Buy in mid-June 2016. I just noticed today that the left side hinge is stuck at a 180 degree angle, so that my screen looks lopsided. (I think I have once, just to see that it really will do this, turned it into tablet mode from laptop mode, and back again, so it isn't as though I have been swinging it around willy-nilly!) Anyway, I have tried to free it up but daren't apply pressure as I am afraid of breaking the case, or the display, or the hinge itself! Any ideas, anyone out there? Please? Thanks in advance! 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-R15-Left-side-hinge-is-stuck-at-a-180-degree-angle/td-p/451544
Relevancy 69.66%

Aspire one netbook with windows model PAV i tried to restore it to factory settings backed up to C file it went fine untill it got stuck in a loop saying it couldnt install windows and had to be restarted i would restart and it would go to the same on: SETUP aspire IS STARTING 7 SERVICES Acer windows one Stuck error over and over then i tried to use the Stuck on: SETUP IS STARTING SERVICES Acer aspire one windows 7 recovery discs unsure of how to use them i hooked up the external drive and powered on but no options came up although the disc was making noise as if activated i left that going all night but no change NOW i power on and only get SETUP IS STARTING SERVICES i have tried F F F ALT F and nothing the only thing that worked was shift F i tried ms be but got nothing i did regedit child comp changed to etc but nothing the only way i can get a response from the computer is SHIFT F or if i press the space bar to quot pause system resume quot this gives the option to quot continue quot in which its back to being stuck on the SETUP screen or i could press quot delete restoration data and proceed to system boot menu quot SO should i try to delete the data and go to boot menu if so where do i go from there

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/387279-stuck-setup-starting-services-acer-aspire-one-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Acer had decided that due to a sudden problem where they could not find why the PC could not find an OS Aspire in loop Acer setup stuck 7736 system that the HDD must be bad They sent new setup discs and suggested a new HDD be installed and setup When a new drive was purchased and installed the setup discs were used to install the Windows OS It appeared to go through the setup and did show as finished but with the reboot process it first gave a notice that setup could not complete with the installed hardware and needed to restart With each successive trial to reboot it would ask to reinstall the setup discs Each time now Acer Aspire 7736 stuck in system setup loop it says setup could not complete and would restart again Each and every time of a restart it does the same thing Entering into BIOS setup and insuring the settings are correct will still restart to the same screens to install setup again In the attempt to format the new drive to start again with installation and insuring that the CD drive is first boot will not change the entrance into the same screens for system setup The PC still attempts to boot from the HDD even though it has been selected to be absolute last in the boot process and the CD DVD first Not even HDDeraser exe CD is seen in the boot process in the CD drive Is there some other hardware or software issue that would cause this or a problem in the Acer firmware nbsp

A:Acer Aspire 7736 stuck in system setup loop

Pull the hard drive out of the laptop. Does the laptop try to post at all without the hard drive installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-7736-stuck-in-system-setup-loop.181114/
Relevancy 69.66%

Acer Aspire Desktop running Windows XP media Centre OEM Boots up and once in the desktop it says it found a k endless reboot cycle stuck desktop Acer in Aspire modem and promptly shuts itself off and reboots Computer will run fine if you place a Linux live cd or let it sit in the Bios without reboot Can access all files on harddisk with Acer Aspire desktop stuck in endless reboot cycle Ubuntu linux live CD Borrowed a XP home cd and tried to do a fixboot and fixmbr Computer is running AVG Acer Aspire desktop stuck in endless reboot cycle free and is up to date I don t mind if XP would be set back to factory defaults becuase theres nothing I really want to keep on that system and if there is anything I can save the Acer Aspire desktop stuck in endless reboot cycle info to a thumb drive Thinking of formatting and forgetting windows totally but don t want to go though the trouble of using a windows emulator to play sim city on linux but if thems the breaks I d be happy to live with that Any advice would be great and I would be greatly appreciated by your truly If you need any more info let me know nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-aspire-desktop-stuck-in-endless-reboot-cycle.797793/
Relevancy 69.66%

I have tried everything I can think of I have already read through a few other threads with the same issue but none of the fixes work for me It gets to the acer screen logo not boot Acer will Acer Aspire E15 past loads that little loading circle then it just goes black I have tried pushing Alt F and it got to the acer screen and said please wait then the screen went black again I have installed Windows on a USB drive and have went into the bios and enabled the boot menu as well as change the order Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo of the boot to the USB This got me a bit closer but still stuck After about minutes it finally went to a purple screen and a window popped up asking to install I selected my language and clicked install it went to another screen that says setup is starting and it's been sitting this way for about minutes now I'm out of ideas Don't have a clue why this is going on This is a friend of mines computer he said he was in the middle of playing a game and the laptop froze then something came up and then it shut off When it booted up it wouldn't load past the acer screen

A:Acer Aspire E15 will not boot past Acer logo

Try booting to Memtest86 you can burn a CD and I think it can also be run from a USB bootable flash drive. This will test your memory for problems and also let you know that the hardware in general will run (except the hard drive which is ignored at this stage.If the memory is good, then boot to your hard drive mfg's utility or Seatools from Seagate (DOS version) the same as Memtest but it tests your hard drive to see if it is just the drive that you cannot install on.If the memory and hard drive tests OK then you may just need to delete all current partitions on the hard drive before trying to install.If the memory does not test good, try cleaning the contacts on the memory with a soft pencil eraser and snapping them in and out 5 or 6 times to also burnish the slot's contacts. Then try memtest again on one stick at a time in case one stick is bad, swap and try again.You have to be a little bit crazy to keep you from going insane.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/acer-aspire-e15-will-not-boot-past-acer-logo/1671.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have an older Acer 800 series laptop whose hard drive has failed. Didn't want to put more money into it so I tried loading boot software onto external harddrive. Computer recognized hard drive and loaded factory software onto it, but I get a blue screen everytime it tries to boot off new drive. Any ideas?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-800-series-boot-problem.940452/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello All....first time posting, so thank you in advance for any suggestions regarding a Black Screen problem. After upgrading my 6 yr. old Acer Aspire 5534 laptop from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10 it frequently will not wake up from sleep.  Black screen with fan and blue power light on, but no response until I unplug the adapter and hold down the power button, then it starts up normally.  I am not an advanced user, but read for hours the last time it happened and did change Power Settings to uncheck fast start up, but that did not help.Then I read update video card driver, but when I went to the Acer Canada website I don't see any updates past 2009 when I purchased this laptop....other than this really annoying problem Windows 10 seems to be working well. 

A:Acer Aspire 5534 stuck in sleep mode w/black scree...

I *think* you have an Intel gm45/gl40 graphics chipset and the latest drivers may be here. If not you need  to run MSINFO32, then select System Summary>Components>Display and see what is listed as the Name, Adapter type, and Driver Version.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Acer-Aspire-5534-stuck-in-sleep-mode-w-black-screen/td-p/413030/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 68.37%

I am having a problem out of my sister's laptop. Every time I turn it on, it crashes and restarts. I need some help here, please.

A:Acer 5749 Series Laptop Keeps Crashing

Here is the dump log.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366603-acer-5749-series-laptop-keeps-crashing.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,
My b-in-l has just bought an Acer 3000 series laptop. It appears to be partitioned into two sections, C & D ~ both of which are around 37Gb in capacity. He keeps getting a message saying that the C drive is nearly full ~ this is despite the fact that there's only around 2.5Gb of files/folders and programs on it. When we right-clicked on the C icon and chose properties, it comes up that 35GB is used up with only around 2.5Gb left ~ this would appear to be exactly the opposite of the way things actually are! Any ideas what the problem is and how it can be rectified? We've run chkdsk (no problems found) and cleaned all the rubbish out but it hasn't made much difference. We've also run all his (up to date) anti-spyware and anti-virus software but nothing came up. His OS is XP by the way...
Thanks,
Dave

A:Acer 3000 Series Laptop Problem

The partitions are FAT32 right? If so convert them to NTFS.

Here's how: http://aumha.org/win5/a/ntfscvt.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-3000-series-laptop-problem.463877/
Relevancy 68.37%

high guyz i have got here, a laptop from acer, its from eee pc series i dont exactly know the model name cuz i just got it from my aunt as she is having the problem and its hers sooo,, it doesnt have a cd rom.. the problem is, that she got it to run the internet without installing as antivirus software, so now that i have done that, the virus has already spread itself in every program,, we dont know what to do, is there a chane of reinstalling the windows is some way? it has windows 7 starter already installed in it//??? the antivirus would simply move the affected file into a virus chest and would not repair the file,, so iam forced to delete it????????????

/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/acer-eee-series-laptop-virus-infiltration.1064797/
Relevancy 68.37%

My laptop started having trouble with the letter h, it does not work.
Is this easy to fix or do I have to take it in somewhere to be repaired.

I have tried dusting it out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-laptop-satellite-1415-series-key-stuck.486657/
Relevancy 66.65%

Today, I was on my sister's computer and she was too. The computer became very slow and was freezing up. The same thing is happening on our Windows 8.1 desktop.

A:Acer 5749 Series Laptop: Slow Performance and Freezing Up

I have just recently ran full scans and defrags. The computers found no threats.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/373710-acer-5749-series-laptop-slow-performance-freezing-up.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I have an Acer 5749 Series laptop that is having problems with performance and is hanging up upon logging off and opening the start menu. Help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Acer 5749 Series Laptop Problem: Performance and Problems Logging Off

Hello again Jesse mate have you tried the usual that I always suggest -
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2 (safe mode)

if no go then

http://www.superantispyware.com/
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
ADW download from bleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans
(NB If one is running Kaspersky security it may rant about ADW - just ignore it or disable Kaspersky while the ADW is being used)

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/367489-acer-5749-series-laptop-problem-performance-problems-logging-off.html
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop came with Windows and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows Acer Aspire boot E5 won't with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding Acer Aspire E5 won't boot the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD Acer Aspire E5 won't boot A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help

A:Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

I set my laptop to sleep in Ubuntu and I can't do anything with it. I will have to do a hard reset. My question: Will my warranty be void if I remove the plastic plate on the bottom to disconnect and reconnect the battery? Thanks for any help. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/E5-522g-Warranty-question/td-p/440806/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.93%

I fell asleep with my laptop on my bed and in the morning I found it on the floor open. It didn't seem to receive any external damage at all, though every program froze up. Thinking that it would help, I turned it off and turned it back on. Now it won't boot past the acer logo. It gets to the green acer logo and just stays like that. Can someone please help? This is the only laptop I have and will have fir a while.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/acer-aspire-will-not-boot/761.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. When I try, it show Acer logo and don't go far. It show "insert bootable..." . I check in BIOS the order and it is HDD first nad CD second. I haven't chance to make a choice like "rescue or restaure or else. In BIOS I can make the choice to boot on Windows 7 or 8.1 but it's not booting with one or the other. I think it's need an reinstall disk but I don't have this disk and I can't have access to partitions. Do I can have a reinstall disk ? Is it free or I have to buy ? Please help me.Daniel 

A:I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. Whe...

i don't think that you are able to select windows 7 or 8.1 from BIOS, maybe it's a bootloader that gives you that option. press Del to enter BIOS and check if D2D support is enabled, if not, enabled it and then press F10, save and exit.at next reboot, press Alt+F10 to enter Acer erecovery, if this doesn't work, you need to buy Acer recovery disks. Acer recovery mediaif you are in the US you can buy it:http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/if you are outside the US, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-and-it-s-not-boot-When-I-try-it-show/td-p/420902
Relevancy 64.93%

I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. When I try, it show Acer logo and don't go far. It show "insert bootable..." . I check in BIOS the order and it is HDD first nad CD second. I haven't chance to make a choice like "rescue or restaure or else. In BIOS I can make the choice to boot on Windows 7 or 8.1 but it's not booting with one or the other. I think it's need an reinstall disk but I don't have this disk and I can't have access to partitions. Do I can have a reinstall disk ? Is it free or I have to buy ? Please help me.Daniel 

A:I have a Acer Aspire ZC-606 and it's not boot. Whe...

i don't think that you are able to select windows 7 or 8.1 from BIOS, maybe it's a bootloader that gives you that option. press Del to enter BIOS and check if D2D support is enabled, if not, enabled it and then press F10, save and exit.at next reboot, press Alt+F10 to enter Acer erecovery, if this doesn't work, you need to buy Acer recovery disks. Acer recovery mediaif you are in the US you can buy it:http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/if you are outside the US, you must call/email your regional Acer support service:http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/

http://community.acer.com/t5/All-In-One-PCs/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-and-it-s-not-boot-When-I-try-it-show/td-p/420902/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop came with Windows and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was Acer Aspire boot E5 won't normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No Acer Aspire E5 won't boot hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

A:Acer Aspire E5 won't boot

I set my laptop to sleep in Ubuntu and I can't do anything with it. I will have to do a hard reset. My question: Will my warranty be void if I remove the plastic plate on the bottom to disconnect and reconnect the battery? Thanks for any help. 

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E5-won-t-boot/td-p/440569/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.93%

I've had the netbook for about 2 years, and it has performed very well.

One night I shut it down normally and the next morning when I turned it on windows XP Home edition started normal for about 20 secs, and a fast blue screen comes up which I can't read.

Then a b&w screen comes up saying windows could not start, and gave me several options. I've tried them all.

What happens is windows tries starting but I always come back to the black and white screen.

I can't get into safe mode.

I have the factory restore disks, but don't want to lose the data on the hdd.

Is the hdd toast?

A:Acer Aspire One won't boot

On the Safe Mode menu there is an option to disable the automatic reboot. That will allow you to check the blue screen for error codes.

When you say you can't get into safe mode does that mean you get the blue screen when booting to safe mode also?

Chances are the data is fine but there's no way to know without additional testing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/acer-aspire-one-wont-boot-559819.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I have an Acer Aspire ZC desktop which i been having problems with for the past few weeks This is needed very badly it is used for my business which i use the internet all day and credit card sales Unfortunatly i didnt have an internet security on it at the time When i rebooted my computer weeks ago the acer logo would appear and it would show it is loading but would never go past this part I am very frustrated I have tried to go to last know config ive tried the Alt F and tried system restore system reset and also in the BIOS I was told to make sure the D D was enabled which it was that didnt work Im not to bad on computers and have fixed these problems before but not this time I am running windows Im in desperate need of this running properly asap I registered today as i was told that the answers are here so if anyone could help me i would greatly appreciate it Thank You

http://community.acer.com/t5/Aspire-Desktops/Acer-Aspire-ZC-606-will-not-boot-Please-help/td-p/463312
Relevancy 64.93%

My laptop came Aspire E15 won't Acer boot with Windows Acer Aspire E15 won't boot and performance and battery life was not ideal for me so I decided to install Ubuntu keeping WIndows with dual boot I flashed Ubuntu but I forgot to fix the Windows Boot Manager settings so I could not select an OS at boot After that I booted from USB again and selected try Ubuntu before installing and everything was fine Then I set the laptop to sleep I had to do something using FN F and everything was normal after returning to the laptop about hours later it didnt wake up I tried holding the power button for seconds seconds and seconds single tap and some other keyboard combinations Nothing The only thing the laptop does is blink the power LED times when I do anything with the power button No hard drive spinning nothing Suggestions nbsp Acer Aspire E - AMD A used Ubuntu for AMD Windows stock nbsp The battery is not removable so I can't do a hard reset Thanks for any help

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Acer-Aspire-E15-won-t-boot/td-p/440569/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.93%

My son's Acer Aspire AM5100 won't start. Fans didn't even start. Opened, found tons of crud on CPU heat sink, removed fan, cleaned off heat sink, replace fan. Still no start. Removed CMOS for one hour, held power button on for one minute. Fans finally started but no boot. No beep. Reseated all plugs, removed and reinstalled RAM. No burn marks on Mobo. What next?

Relevancy 64.5%

a Plants Vs Zombies GW2 for our son. He has been unable to play it on the laptop. We have noticed it requires a CPU of 3.2 GHz. Is it possible to increase the CPU on our laptop so he can play the game?  Many thanks

A:Hi. We have an Acer Aspire E 15 laptop with a cpu ...

Hello, Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Hi-We-have-an-Acer-Aspire-E-15-laptop-with-a-cpu-of-1-7GHz-with/td-p/432064/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello my name is Niqua and I'm having a trouble fixing my laptop. Its an Acer Aspire 5732z and it wont boot up it will go to the windows start up screen and then i get an error message saying it encounted a problemand needs to restart. I did not receive a recovery disk or a manual for it and I'm so lost please help

A:my acer aspire laptop :(

Hello NiQui and welcome to TSF!

Have you tried booting in Safe-Mode?.
If not you can try this by holding F8 when Windows is about to boot and a menu should appear. You should select " Boot in Safe Mode". See if you manage to get to desktop with this.

Thanks,
Altie

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/my-acer-aspire-laptop-639666.html
Relevancy 64.5%

windows 10 ,32 gig hard drive,,These things are crazy-it does an update and have 2 gig left on drive so i try to do a reset but cant -it said i need 2 more gigs ,so i do a roll back and was able to do factory reset--i cant get the 0S on two dvds -i have to buy a stupid thumb drive--why didnt they make these things with an 80 gig drive-it would of cost maybe 2 more dollars

the worst thing is i have no mouse, yet it will work with external mouse

im through with buying windows i think

btw "advanced system care" software seemed to have saved my xp computer for now anyway

A:Acer Aspire Laptop

First of all try disk clean up > run that
Then again but this time choose 'clean up system files'

Run CCleaner Slim (only in its 'default' settings) and run the cleaner. Use its 'Tools' to remove all but the latest System Restore point.

Other things to free space is do a clean uninstall (using something decent like Revo Uninstaller in its Advanced mode) of any programs you don't need or use.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/acer-aspire-laptop.311702/
Relevancy 64.5%

I own this acer aspire E 17 laptop, upgraded it to windows 10. after that i always have trouble in rebooting.Now my laptop dont get me to desktop anymore. it always shows "your PC didnt start correctly, press re start or advance option. i tried both but nothing have changed. it alwasy ends up to your pc ran into a problem and need to restart. there is stopcode shown Critical processed died. I also tried system restore but it says system restore not successful an unspecified error occured (0x800700b7)please  help..i dont have any CD when i bought it.

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Hi-I-own-an-acer-aspire-E-17-laptop-ran-into-a-problem-need-to/td-p/464431
Relevancy 64.5%

so I have a Acer Aspire E5-574-G laptop, and have several questions about it. Firstly, I would very much like to replace the battery in my laptop with a better one with more capasity. Is one sold? if so, what do i get? secondly, I have the dedicated graphics card, and whenever the battery gets low it swithces to the intigrated graphics, even when plugged in. How can I make it use the dedicated graphics for the programs it usually would, even when the battery is low?         Cheers,                  Randomdude

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/I-have-a-Acer-Aspire-E5-574-G-laptop-and-have-several-questions/td-p/458245
Relevancy 64.5%

I am damian I would like to know since I have a female to female vga and I would like to connectto pc monitor

Relevancy 64.5%

I have a Acer Aspire Laptop that was running Windows The hard drive had totally crashed so I ordered one from Newegg It came in and I installed the Western Digital Hard Drive There was Laptop! Bad a New Please Aspire Acer with Help no problem in installing the hard New Help Bad with a Acer Aspire Laptop! Please drive After installing I checked the Bios and the drive New Help Bad with a Acer Aspire Laptop! Please was recognized I had ordered from Acer a set of Recovery CDs which I used today to recover Windows All went well and I had the system up and running There were a Windows updates that I started Went in the other room and came back in about a half an hour and the laptop was dead I went into Bios and no drive was recognized I am not sure what else I could do to see if in fact the drive was bad I mean I had it completely finished and running fine I ve taken out and reinserted the hard but it shows New Help Bad with a Acer Aspire Laptop! Please no drive in Bios I would sure appreciate any and all ideas any of you might give to me Thanks

A:New Help Bad with a Acer Aspire Laptop! Please

I am not sure what else I could do to see if in fact the drive was badIf you have another computer and by using a USB external enclosure, you may be able to check the status of both the new and old laptop drives. There maybe a chance that your hard drive is not well seated and needs to gently press while powering up your laptop and then try checking on your BIOS utility. Check also for any dented pins. Have you tried reapplying thermal paste for the CPU and look for any oxidation and burnt components?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456820/new-help-bad-with-a-acer-aspire-laptop-please/
Relevancy 64.07%

So i wanted to factory reset my Acer Revo rl80. I went into settings and did it so it deletes all files and settings and apps but doesn't fully clean the drive. I left it for an hour and came back and it was at 1%, then I left it over night and it was still at 1%. I turned off the computer and left it for a while. When a turned it back on it was stuck in the boot screen . I read up and did alt f10 so it went to the trouble shooting guide thing. People said to factory reset the computer and so did acer when I contacted them. But the computer just got stuck on 1% like before, even though I left it over night. I think that my only option is to use the recovery disk, but they got lost. I was wondering what I could do or if I can rebuy the recovery disk? Thanks

A:Acer Stuck In Boot

Sorry your having problems with your Revo 80.... You should be able to get a eRecovery from the Acer Store You can get there by clicking the Acer Logo at the top of the page, Your country area of support. Then click on Acer Store icon it will be top almost far right. Then Far right should be eRecovery. You can Click this link and go right there. I took out the Steps for you  http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/ Then with your SNID or Serial # you can get your Media for your system. They will send everything as it came and should set it back with everything as if you just brought it home from the store... I have a lot of systems, and I to lke to loose the USB for my Recovery. So I now have them in Envelopes with name of the system and date when made. Then put them in my Drawer. Before they would get tossed around the desk area for a while end up in a box and wouldn't find them until long after needing them LOL... Hope this HelpsJames

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Acer-Stuck-In-Boot/td-p/407408
Relevancy 64.07%

So i wanted to factory reset my Acer Revo rl80. I went into settings and did it so it deletes all files and settings and apps but doesn't fully clean the drive. I left it for an hour and came back and it was at 1%, then I left it over night and it was still at 1%. I turned off the computer and left it for a while. When a turned it back on it was stuck in the boot screen . I read up and did alt f10 so it went to the trouble shooting guide thing. People said to factory reset the computer and so did acer when I contacted them. But the computer just got stuck on 1% like before, even though I left it over night. I think that my only option is to use the recovery disk, but they got lost. I was wondering what I could do or if I can rebuy the recovery disk? Thanks

A:Acer Stuck In Boot

Sorry your having problems with your Revo 80.... You should be able to get a eRecovery from the Acer Store You can get there by clicking the Acer Logo at the top of the page, Your country area of support. Then click on Acer Store icon it will be top almost far right. Then Far right should be eRecovery. You can Click this link and go right there. I took out the Steps for you  http://us-store.acer.com/erecovery/rcd/ Then with your SNID or Serial # you can get your Media for your system. They will send everything as it came and should set it back with everything as if you just brought it home from the store... I have a lot of systems, and I to lke to loose the USB for my Recovery. So I now have them in Envelopes with name of the system and date when made. Then put them in my Drawer. Before they would get tossed around the desk area for a while end up in a box and wouldn't find them until long after needing them LOL... Hope this HelpsJames

http://community.acer.com/t5/Revo/Acer-Stuck-In-Boot/td-p/407408/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.07%

My Acer Aspire R14 laptop went completely blank a few weeks ago. When I unpluged the power cord, it started right up, but the moment I plugged the power cord back in it would shut down. The battery soon died this way, because it would not charge. I removed the battery then the it started up with the power cord. I thought it must be the battery, so I installed a new battery. that did nothing to change the problem. So, I ordered a new motherboard and after a few weeks, I recieved it today, installed it, and I still have the same thing. It works well with the power cord plugged in as long as the battery is disconnected. But the moment I connect the battery, everything shuts down, not to be revived unless I disconnect the battery.  I need help!! What could be the problem?

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/My-Acer-Aspire-R14-will-not-boot-with-the-charger-cord-plugged/td-p/437916/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, my Acer Aspire 7551G laptop switches on butthe screen does not turn on (tried VGA to TV connection but no signal). I'm thinking it's a corrupt BIOS.So I need to flash the BIOS. I downloaded the BIOS from the Acer drivers pageand there are these files in the DOS folder (I have to use DOS since I can't get into Windows because no boot) ACERACDC.exeFLASH.batJE70D118.ROMJE70D118.WPHphlash16.exe I've tried copying/pasting these files onto USBand even tried the CRISIS DISK methodbut neither are giving the laptop any response. The USB light does NOT blinkeven if I hold the FN + Esc keys. What am I doing wrong?Please advise. Do I have to rename the .WPH file to some model specifc name?What is the code for this model?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-Aspire-7551G-NO-BOOT/td-p/441349/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 64.07%

my acer aspire 4920 can only enter the setup menu...(by pressing F2 when the acer screen comes up) booting from cds does not work at all...
the logo menu shows up and after that just a black screen with nothing at all...it cant boot up at all and doesnt even reach the windows logo menu...what can i do to salvage the data?

A:Acer aspire 4920 cannot boot at all

Remove the hard drive, buy a USB enclosure for that laptop hard drive, and connect it to a desktop coputer. You should be able to access the data that way

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-4920-cannot-boot-at-all.103911/