Windows Support Forum

Satelite C75-A-10E Memory upgrade 4gb -> to 2x8 gb not detected -

Q: Satelite C75-A-10E Memory upgrade 4gb -> to 2x8 gb not detected -

Hi,

I replaced the original 4 gb memory card by a double 8 gb.

Before this, I checked the size limit. I found that max is 16, good:
http://www.cnet.com/products/toshiba...ite-c75/specs/

Bios is 1.30, the last as I know, and only 8 is detected by the Bios.

I crossed the two memory slot, and still getting 8.

I left only one, still 8. Exchanged with the other 8, still 8...

Please help.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93783-Satelite-C75-A-10E-Memory-upgrade-4gb-gt-to-2x8-gb-not-detected
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Satelite C75-A-10E Memory upgrade 4gb -> to 2x8 gb not detected -

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 60.2%

I have the above said laptop, which has a good deal of ram right now(im not sitting at it right now so im not sure how much). How far could you upgrade such a computer and could it be done with ddr-sdram.

But this all has me interested because i wasnt aware you could modify your laptop besides maybe a drive change. So what else can you do to a laptop like mine?

A:toshiba satelite ram upgrade

Please specify which model of Satellite (e.g. M30, P30) you have, there are many of them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-satelite-ram-upgrade.328989/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a Toshiba Satelite l645D and when I go to my ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 settings it says it has a total of 1405 available graphics memory, but only 256 Video memory is dedicated... My laptop has plenty of RAM to give to the video card, and when I go to the BIOS theres no option for increasing the video ram whatsoever... Is there any way to do this?

A:Increasing the video memory on Toshiba Satelite l645D

If there are no options in the bios, the answer is no

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/increasing-the-video-memory-on-toshiba-satelite-l645d.169425/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a 4 year old Satelite L755-1HW. After installing windows 10, big mistake, lost wifi and pc doing all sorts of weird things. Can operate on wired connection but slow. I read various posts about drivers but couldn't find any for my model on Toshiba website. I am spending hours trying to sort this out. Please can anyone help.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?92151-Satelite-L755-1HW-lost-wifi-after-windows-10-upgrade
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi - running patch current Windows and am having an ongoing but not always constant issue regarding how much memory I have available to me on any given boot of Windows I have GB of memory installed on the computer and yet almost GB of that is not available to me and is shown as Hardware Reserved when I look at the Physical Memory in the Resource Monitor I have validated the memory is error free through multiple runs of Memtest have removed memory strips and blown out any possible dust from memory slots and SOMETIMES it properly will show me around GB available however most boots it is showing pretty consistently that GB is flaged as Hardware Reserved I did some searching and have tried some of the suggestions such as making sure the Maximum Memory box is not checked in MSCONFIG and have also tried editing nbsp ClearPageFileAtShutdown in the Registry to change it from the default value of ' ' to a new value of ' ' nbsp Nothing has worked thus far I DO need access to as much of that GB of memory as possible due to this computer using huge amounts of memory as a Digital Audio Workstation recording music with huge volumes of samples loaded fully memory Reserved Windows half shows as of Approximately but full and detected by memory installed BIOS Hardware into memory nbsp Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows Performance suffers greatly when half of what is installed is not available I have also looked in the BIOS for any ways to adjust video memory and memory mapping and neither exists in the BIOS at all for me to try anything with nbsp The CPU happens to be an AMD A with multiple cores and video is embedded in the CPU with no way Approximately half of installed memory shows as Hardware Reserved but full memory detected by BIOS and Windows for me to control its memory usage Thanks in advance for any additional suggestions Bob Bone

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4997e518-4bfd-4266-bf39-ac7f79620d5e/approximately-half-of-installed-memory-shows-as-hardware-reserved-but-full-memory-detected-by-bios?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 48.16%

I have just bought some new memory, 2 x 1 gig, inserted it and ran the test. I get one error in the Stride38 test. Address expected is different to the one returned.

I know which chip it is, should I send it back, or is this 1 error acceptable for the system?

Thanks for your response

A:MEMORY UPGRADE - Windows Memory Diagnostics Flags 1 Stride38 Error

please read the sticky about upgrading memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-upgrade-windows-memory-diagnostics-flags-1-stride38-error.49174/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I usable POST, initialization No error. detected" "Memory Can't memory recently put together a Can't POST, "Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected" new computer with parts from newegg and when I attempt to start it up my debug LED reads quot quot which according to the manual indicates a memory initialization error no usable memory detected My system CPU Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX I K Motherboard ASRock P EXTREME GEN LGA Intel P SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBRL CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper Plus PSU Thermaltake Toughpower XT TPX- M W ATX V v EPS V v Video Card EVGA -P - -KR GeForce GTX HD w Display-Port Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x Click to expand Things I have tried So I installed the whole thing LEDs light up fans whirring all that Just no POST I followed this guide to try and solve my problem to no avail http www tomshardware com forum - -perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems Currently I have everything taken out of the case with only the motherboard CPU HSF and PSU hooked up I have tried both sticks of RAM seperately in each slot I have tried resetting the CMOS I was careful to constantly touch the grounded PSU before I touched sensitive pieces I made sure all connections were secure and everything was in its proper place No matter what I try it gives me code saying that no usable memory is detected I don t see how both sticks of RAM I got could be bad I am now completely out of ideas Anyone have any suggestions nbsp

A:Can't POST, "Memory initialization error. No usable memory detected"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-post-memory-initialization-error-no-usable-memory-detected.1022948/
Relevancy 46.87%

I have a home built ASUS A7N8X2 Deluxe MoBo with an AMD Athlon XP 2800+ CPU. I upgraded Win XP Pro to VISTA Ultimate with no problems other than upgrading a few drivers. It went smoothly. At the time I had 1 GB in one of 3 available slots. I attempted to add 2 GB more to occupy all 3 slots. This produced a reboot after POST as VISTA started. I rotated the the modules through all slots and finally realized that when I went beyond 2 GB it produced a reboot. During post it tests 3 GB and the BIOS displays 3 GB. I have 512MB of RAM on the video card. Any suggestions ?? I am running the latest BIOS and if I remove one GB the machine boots and runs great... ???? Ron

Relevancy 46.44%

I want to upgrade the memory of one of the pc's in our house. I get low memory alerts often and I can't delete much else to create room. I have never opened up a pc before, and I don't want to screw up and make things worse. The pc in question is a HP Pavilion a1150Y with a Intel Pentium 4 (3.00 GHz). OS is Windows XP SP2. It came with 512MB RAM and I would like to go up 2GB. I went to www.crucial.com, ran the system scan, and it says that this type of memory can go into that pc: "DDRII memory with support for DDR2 PC2-4200,DDR2 PC2-5300,DDR2 PC2-6400,DDR2 PC2-8500 speeds." I don't know what speed I should be installing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello together !

For your information:

Did a memory upgrade today at 2 Toshiba Satellite Pro 2100 (1,9 GH, 256 MB DDR-RAM originally), both up to 1 GB, all fine and not problems.

Just wanted to end rumours about "only 512 MB all together" or even less.

If searching for it, remember to think of the specifications:

DDR-266 (PC2100)
DDR-SDRAM, SO-DIMM
200 PIN
CL 2.5

concerning RAM frequency, building form etc.

Greetings

L0nestar

P.S.: Don`t think a discussion is necessary, thread could therefore be closed...

A:Satellite Pro 2100 - RAM Upgrade - Memory Upgrade

According the notebook specification Satellite Pro has two memory slots and can be upgraded up to 1 GB. It is very useful to have your confirmation about RAM upgrade for this old but still good notebook model.

Have a nice day.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?33597-Satellite-Pro-2100-RAM-Upgrade-Memory-Upgrade
Relevancy 45.58%

Today I tried overclocking my CPU; I eventually managed to successfully overclock the processor. However, my SLI config. doesn't seem to work anymore. I have the message "SLI-Ready Memory - Not Detected" in my BIOS page. The Nvidia control panel says that SLI is enabled, but when I tested it in Crysis, the 3D indicators did not show up. For some reason the visual indicators do show up in a few other games. The game is much slower too, so I know SLI is no longer functioning at least in Crysis. How do I fix this?

Thanks for any assistance.

A:SLI Ready Memory - Not Detected

Crysis is a real mess of a game. It's terribly optimized, and thus, it actually loses performance when SLI is enabled in most cases, and it can't even run with SLI enabled sometimes at 2560x1600. SLI is still enabled, it's just not doing anything in Crysis, because the Crysis engine is absolutely awful.

The "SLI-Ready Memory - Not Detected" isn't anything to worry about. You don't need SLI-Ready Memory. It's just a gimmick to sell more RAM at a higher price than normal. The actual benefits are negligible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sli-ready-memory-not-detected.119490/
Relevancy 45.58%

Hi everyone!

My PC features are as follows.

Windows 98 second edition
801 mhz intel processor
128mb ram

I have decided to add a new 64mb sd-ram memory but my motherbrd doesn'st detect it and detect only the 128mb memory.

When I went in bios, it gives me only 131072 bytes, which equals the 128 mb.

Does any one have an idea about how to make the motherbrd to detect the 64mb ram?

A:Memory not detected by Motherboard!

Some of those old boards simply won't work with Double Sided RAM.

Does the RAM you are adding have Chips in both sides of it? What about the existing one?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-not-detected-by-motherboard.94527/
Relevancy 45.58%

i 'm using this memory card since 4 years ago but now suddenly its crashed when i copying files phone to pc.
memory card is not detecting on phone too
is memory card crashed or waste? help !! i need to use it :'(
i tried memory card reader ... here this screen shot below

A:Why my memory card is not detected?

They fail just like anything else electronic. Other than carefully cleaning the contacts there isn't much you can do. What does disk management show for that card?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/47430-why-my-memory-card-not-detected.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

A:New Laptop memory not detected by windows

Quote: Originally Posted by curtranhome

Hey, I have a friend that got a new 1 gig of memory and he installed it fine but when we go and open up the system properties (right click on Computer and selected Properties) it still shows as 2 gb instead of 3. Anyone know whats up?

Thanks ahead of time,
~curt

type msconfig in search/

Go to the advanced tab. Is "max memory" checked? if so uncheck it. Reboot

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/146875-new-laptop-memory-not-detected-windows.html
Relevancy 45.15%

My samsung 16GB memory card is not getting detected in my laptop.
Even if I connect through my phone data card it's not detected. But it is working properly in my phone. I have been using it for 2 years.

A:Memory card is not getting detected in laptop

MerissaWalker said:

Have you tried it on other computers?Click to expand...

yes, even then it is not getting detected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-card-is-not-getting-detected-in-laptop.210753/
Relevancy 45.15%

In my XP Pro service pack 3, fully updated the full 4 GB of memory is not detected and used. In the System Properties and the Task Manager/ Performance/ Physical Memory it does only show 3.25 GB of RAM. But in the System Information it shows the full 4 GB. I did see at a Microsoft web site that XP 32 bit should detect and use up to a maximum of 4 GB, so what trick can I do to solve this issue. And in the BIOS the memory detected is; 4096 MB which is 4 GB, thanks.

Relevancy 44.72%

Hi,

I have a Qosmio G30-201, with the following spec:
- Intel? Centrino? Duo Mobile Technology featuring Intel? Core?2 Duo Processor T7400- Genuine Windows? XP Media Center Edition- 400 (200 + 200) GB Hard Disk Drive- 2,048 (1,024+1,024) MB DDR2 RAM (533 MHz)- 17" Toshiba TruBrite? WUXGA TFT display- HD DVD-ROM drive

Running under Vista Ultimate

I would like to upgrade the memory to 4096.

Do I have to buy 4096 of memory, or can I add 2048?

What memory do i buy? Toshiba do not seem to sell MB DDR2 RAM (533 MHz) after 4 years. What other memory would be suitable?

Many thanks,

Best regards

Nick

A:Re: How to upgrade memory on Qosmio G30-201 and where to buy memory

Your notebook can handle with 4GB of RAM and I recommend you to use 2 x 2GB module.
Compatible 2 GB module has part number PA3513U-1M2G or Kingston KTT667D2/2G.

Put the part umber in Google and you will find a place where you can order it in your country.

Bye

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?60225-Re-How-to-upgrade-memory-on-Qosmio-G30-201-and-where-to-buy-memory
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello,I bought a HP OMEN 15-ax015nf, and a V-NAND SDD Samsunf EVO M.2 250GO. I plug the SSD inside the computer, but after reboot it's not showing in file explorater, in BIOS and in computer manager / disk utilities. How to do ?Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-OMEN-SSD-upgrade-not-detected/td-p/5752825
Relevancy 44.72%

Hello I have a Dell Precision M i - MX nbsp that came with GB of Samsung memory nbsp I have installed a Samsung Pro TB SSD in the SATA and a Samsung nbsp EVO TB in detected. Memory M4800 not Dell Precision the mSATA slot nbsp I am running BIOS version A nbsp nbsp I have disabled the Intel nbsp HD Graphics in the BIOS nbsp so it only uses nbsp the Nvidia Quadro K M nbsp Everything was working fine I wanted to upgrade to GB memory so I bought Patriot Viper nbsp x GB kit nbsp Model PV G LC SK nbsp Each SODIMM module is supposed to Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected. be GB PC - MHz V - - - When I remove the Samsung memory and install the Patriot Viper memory in all slots or just slots the computer doesn t boot and I receive the LED blink code nbsp quot No memory modules are installed detected quot However if I leave the Samsung memory in two of Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected. the slots and at the same time install two of the Patriot memory in the other two slots the computer will boot nbsp BIOS will show GB however it shows the speed nbsp of instead of nbsp If I remove the Samsung memory once again it will not boot with the Patriot memory alone nbsp Why is the Patriot nbsp memory not recognized by itself and why can t I boot from it I looked at the Patriot Memory with the program CPU-Z The timing tables shows JEDEC JEDEC JEDEC XMP- nbsp All voltages say V Why is there no memory nbsp settings or XMP setting nbsp in the BIOS nbsp Why would Dell offer me an unlocked i - MX processor Extreme Edition but there is no CPU settings for the unlocked multiplier Please help Thank you Zak nbsp

A:Dell Precision M4800 Memory not detected.

Hi Zak00,
Thanks for posting in the Dell Community Forum.
Just wondered if you've had the chance to read this article?  There is some good information there about how to choose memory for the M4800.
Regards,Robert

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19629099
Relevancy 44.72%

my computer and i have been companions through a lot in the past years and i have always managed to make it work since buying it i not windows detected, memory cannot physical up boot have only formatted it once and that was about a year and a physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up half back hardware gb ram gts nvidia graphic card amd phenom x so this is what happened i had left the physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up computer on for abput hours and had switched off the moniter when i returned the diplay didnt work i thought it must be a problem with the connecteing cord so i tried to shake it when nothing worked i turned the whole system offf the main electricity cord after some time it was a slow start but it worked later blue scren appeared and said windows did so to prevent damage to files and restarted once that happened my pc said something about lack of external memory as windows cannot be booted whenever i have tried same has happened fan andights areworking but nothing appears

A:physical memory not detected, windows cannot boot up

Please...be exact when reporting error messages.  They are important clues, which...if not properly reported...lead down the wrong path.

System manufacture and model...or motherboard manufacturer and model?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505930/physical-memory-not-detected-windows-cannot-boot-up/
Relevancy 44.72%

W SP bit GB RAM I had a power outage and I'm now getting the above message BSOD I have booted with a boot disc and ran chkdsk R it found a few errors I booted into Corruption Detected Pool Memory Special Safe Mode once and that worked but I decided to run Check Disk again now it won't boot anymore It won't boot into Safe Mode stopping Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption at C windows system drivers disk sys Check Disk starts at every bootup From the boot disc in Command Prompt I ran FSUTIL Dirty Query the results is Drive is not Dirty I ran Memtest and the Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption Windows Memory test RAM tests Fine I booted off W DVD and try Startup Repair It said this disc cannot repair volume From the boot disc I tried to run Driver Verifier it said it was not a Valid Windows application Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have HDD's and when booting from the Windows DVD or Boot disc it lists the Windows Volume is Drive G with Drive C as the System Reserve When the computer boots into Windows the Windows Volume is C I cannot boot into the computer to run diagnostic mode I cannot scan for Malware I cannot update drivers as I can't boot in Not sure what else I can try before I re-install

A:Special Pool Detected Memory Corruption

Try disconnecting the drives that do not have the Windows install and see if it's Id'd as the C drive almost sounds like MBR corruption?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-616207.html
Relevancy 44.72%

My old videocard, ASUS N6800TD 512MB has been showing an incorrect memory clock. Before I got my new computer it was my main card, and it's in a spare computer now but on my main computer, it was always running at 325MHz core and 540MHz memory, or at least this is what rivatuner reported. Now, it runs at 325MHz core and 1080MHz memory. I thought at first that maybe this was because 540MHz was the SDR speed and the DDR memory made it 1080 effective. However, the memory is DDR2, not GDDR3 so I don't know how it can be running at 1080MHz, which means that 540MHz must be the real DDR speed meaning that 270MHz would be the SDR speed. Does anyone know why the memory is being reported incorrectly or if it is incorrect at all?

EDIT: Even the Nvidia Control Panel overclocking feature reports the memory speed as 1080MHz

A:Video Memory Clock being wrongly detected (I think)

Nvm, it turns out my old videocard has been... well I don't exactly know what happened to it during production. But it turns out the memory which runs at 1080MHz stock goes all the way up to 1678MHz, and the 325MHz stock core OCs up to 520MHz... Believe me I don't understand WHY but in a comparison between my 7600GT XXX and my old 6800 at overclocked speeds, its faster than the 7600 so looks like I'm gonna return it...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-memory-clock-being-wrongly-detected-i-think.63007/
Relevancy 44.72%

Hi, trying to be quick before I BSOD again.

Recently had problems getting multiple BSODs, even though I haven't changed any hardware.

I got the aforementioned BSOD error and ran verifier to see the driver problem.

spqp.sys is the only one that came up that wasn't loaded it said "never loaded". I did a Windows Search for it and could not find it.

I don't know what to do know. Thanks in advance.

A:Special Pool detected memory corruption

Can you access the hard drive long enough to get a hold of the contents of the C:\Windows\Minidump folder? If so, zip it up and upload it to your next post.

What settings did you use when running Driver Verifier?

If the spqp.sys file was never loaded, then it's not likely to be a current problem. But a google for it doesn't reveal any results - which makes it suspicious IMO. Try posting over in the Malware forum for assistance: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-366029.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I just got a new Compaq Presario S6000CL-B and it won't initialize my old HP ScanJet 2100C. I really like this scanner and I have things that I need to get scanned in right away. Can anyone tell me how to get this thing working.
Thanks!

A:Computer Upgrade Hardware not Detected

Have you installed the drivers and software for the scanner? The original software might not be XP compatible in which case you shouldn't install that but download the latest from teh HP website.

http://h20015.www2.hp.com/en/softwa...osoft Windows XP&sw_lang=en&pagetype=software

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-upgrade-hardware-not-detected.220087/
Relevancy 44.29%

Upgraded my Aspire 5738 from Win 7 to Win 10. After upgrade, no battery was detected by the laptop. I like Win 10, but if no solution is found, I'll neeed to roll back to Win 7 pretty soon, or I'll be stuck with a laptop that's permanently turned into a desktop. I've tried the old standby (unplugging everything, holding down power button, then rebooting, then adding back battery), but doesn't work. Anybody have any other ideas / suggestions /directions? Thanks!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Battery not detected after Windows 10 upgrade

Please check if you can do a battery driver reset. Here are the steps: Go to the devise manager. Press and hold the windows key with your left hand and then tap on the letter X key with your right hand. Then select devise manager from the list. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery and chose uninstall. Click on ACtion tab on top of the window and chose scan for hardware changes. Let us know if you notice any change after following the above steps. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution", the post that solved your problem. Thank you.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Battery-not-detected-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/382778/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 44.29%

Upgraded my Aspire 5738 from Win 7 to Win 10. After upgrade, no battery was detected by the laptop. I like Win 10, but if no solution is found, I'll neeed to roll back to Win 7 pretty soon, or I'll be stuck with a laptop that's permanently turned into a desktop. I've tried the old standby (unplugging everything, holding down power button, then rebooting, then adding back battery), but doesn't work. Anybody have any other ideas / suggestions /directions? Thanks!

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:Battery not detected after Windows 10 upgrade

Please check if you can do a battery driver reset. Here are the steps: Go to the devise manager. Press and hold the windows key with your left hand and then tap on the letter X key with your right hand. Then select devise manager from the list. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant control method battery and chose uninstall. Click on ACtion tab on top of the window and chose scan for hardware changes. Let us know if you notice any change after following the above steps. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++If i was helpful, a KUDOS is appreciate and remember to mark "Accept as Solution", the post that solved your problem. Thank you.

View solution in original post

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-10/Battery-not-detected-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/382778
Relevancy 44.29%

Actually not strictly an upgrade but a fresh install of 7 over XP.

Any idea why?

Thanks for advice.

A:Battery not being detected after upgrade from XP to Win7.

I would suspect a needed Dell driver was not installed. There is a long list of applicable drivers listed on the Dell site. Not sure what you need, that you may have not installed.
Product Support | Dell US

The Dell Community Laptop hardware forum would be the best place to get an answer for this.

Laptop - Dell Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/354831-battery-not-being-detected-after-upgrade-xp-win7.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am not able to view photos or videos YouTube online as of yesterday This problem started after using advice gleaned from a sister forum to fix a problem with hijacked search function in Google but it may be just coincidental Every time I try to view a photo or video I get this message Flash detected not upgrade of player quot An old version of the Flash plugin was detected Please upgrade your Flash plugin quot I then click on the link provided which takes me to http get adobe com flashplayer where I download the upgrade to my desktop When I click on the red icon I now have of them quot upgrade of Flash player not detected install upgrade of Flash player not detected flash player exe quot it appears to be installing with the green striped bar going from left to right and in a few seconds it says quot Completed quot although the green striped bar never disappears Should I uninstall and try reinstalling I looked in my Control Panel under Add or Remove Programs and the first thing listed is quot Adobe Flash Player Plugin quot Thanks for any help you can give OmaLinda

A:upgrade of Flash player not detected

You have to use the Flash uninstaller first and then install the new version.http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewConten...rnalId=tn_14157

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/189030/upgrade-of-flash-player-not-detected/
Relevancy 43.86%

Im getting this BSOD lately when im playing games browsing on the memory BSOD special pool corruption detected internet and generaly by using the pc This is the report i have found in the event viewer - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot BSOD special pool detected memory corruption Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C BSOD special pool detected memory corruption -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Klavon-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff f lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff ff lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xab a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt If anyone knows something pls help me Also im using windows bit

A:BSOD special pool detected memory corruption

Please upload your full reports:http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-686212.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have McAfee and whenever I scan the laptop it tells me that is memory cannot detected McAfee removed by in ntoskrnl-hook be but a Trojan named NTOSKRNL-HOOK is removed from the memory and that it is a Generic Rootkit d rootkit McAfee is not able to find any file in the system that is been infected The trojan is always there in the memory even if I scan the memory many times At the beginning it was directing me to other websites whenever I ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed was using IE or firefox to open a link I tried to remove it by going through the procedures explained in this link hxxp thecooltools blogspot com remove-ntoskrnl-hook-generic html After removing the infected files when I return ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed to normal mode the Trojan is in the memory again Now the on-access scan is disabled completely and I cannot enable it I ran ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed dds scr and the results are attached When I run gmer exe it stops after a while and the computer stops functioning I am not even able to move the mouse and I need to reset the laptop Once I stoped the gmer and saved the results in Ark txt which is attached Note that what is in Ark txt is not the complete result of scan I appreciate your help Here is dds txt file DDS Ver - - - NTFSx NETWORK Run by Mohsen at on Tue Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV VirusScan Enterprise AntiSpyware Enterprise On-access scanning disabled Updated A B B- C - -A AB-E DEABF F Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise SHSTAT EXE C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Documents and Settings Mohsen Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com ig uSearch Page hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uDefault Page URL http www google com ig dell hl en amp us amp ibd uSearch Bar hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk-rel amp channel us amp ibd mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com hws sb dell-usuk-rel en side html channel us BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c program files real realplayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files mcafee virusscan enterprise scriptcl dll BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper ae cd -e - f- - ee - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll BHO CBrowserHelperObject Object ca c - b - e-a -a c db f - c program files dell bae BAE dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB Adobe PDF -d c - - fa - e eaac - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll EB Adobe PDF ec be- - c -a -beb d a b - c program files adobe acrobat acrobat AcroIEFav... Read more

A:ntoskrnl-hook is detected by McAfee in memory but cannot be removed

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please copy this page to Notepad and Save it to your Desktop in order to assist you when carrying out the following instructions.

Before beginning the fix, read this post completely. If there's anything that you do not understand, kindly ask your questions before proceeding.
Ensure that there aren't any opened browsers when you are carrying out the procedures below.

It is IMPORTANT that you don't miss a step & perform everything in the correct order/sequence.

One or more of the identified infections is a backdoor trojan.

This type of infection allows hackers to remotely control your computer, log keystrokes, steal critical system information, and download and execute files without your knowledge.

If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Please read this: How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud, and CC Fraud?

Your hard drive is almost full. Having too little free space on your hard drive can compromise system performance.

Quote:

C: is FIXED (NTFS) - 149 GiB total, 14.243 GiB free.

I suggest you move pictures, music, etc. to an external drive or USB stick if you have one and uninstall any programs that are never or hardly ever used.

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Download ComboFix from any of the links below. You must rename it to Combo-Fix before saving it. Save it to your Desktop.

If you are using Firefox, go to Tools > Options > Main and select 'Always ask me where to save files' and click OK.

Link 1
Link 2

* IMPORTANT !!! Save Combo-Fix.exe to your Desktop

Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right-click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools.
Get help here
Double-click on Combo-Fix.exe & follow the prompts.
If you are prompted to download a newer version of ComboFix, please choose Yes
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/ntoskrnl-hook-is-detected-by-mcafee-in-memory-but-cannot-be-removed-403607.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,

I've been having lots of BSOD's and not been able to track down the issue.

Tried driver verifier and mem test on each ram stick but no issues.

Files attached. If anyone has any ideas I would be very grateful.

Thanks.

A:BSOD's - mostly special pool detected memory corruption

opps forgot specs:

OS- win 7 64
CPU - Intel i7-920
RAM - 6gb G.skill ripjaws
BOARD - Gigabyte ex58 ud3r
PSU - Corsair tx650
GFX - Ati 5770 HD 1GB PCI VaporX
HD - raid 0: 2 x Barracuda 7200.12 500GB S300

Cheers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-mostly-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-492993.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Im always getting this BSOD error. Please help me identify the driver that is causing it.
Minidumps attached.
Thanks.

A:special pool detected memory corrupt BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by ceril

Im always getting this BSOD error. Please help me identify the driver that is causing it.
Minidumps attached.
Thanks.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Further Reading
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205159-special-pool-detected-memory-corrupt-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I purchased a Dell Studio XPS sometime ago but when I tried to upgrade the memory from GB to GB I ran into some problems First off here are the specifications of my PC which will hopefully give more information for Dell in 8000 not Bios - detected Memory XPS Studio anyone who is willing to help me troubleshoot Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000 my predicament Dell Studio XPS Chassis Serial Number WWXML Running Windows - bit Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz Intel Core i kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache kilobyte tertiary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Hyper-threaded total Board Dell Inc X R A Serial Number CN BM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Dell Inc A Chipset Intel D rev The original memory configuration that came with my Dell Studio XPS is as follows DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White I had a total of gb of memory I replaced it with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB This was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty I had planned on buying another pack of Corsair DDR GB x GB if the GB worked therefore bringing me to the maximum amount of GB of memory which is all the motherboard can handle according to specifications However when I booted the computer with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB only GB of the GB registered in the Bios I rotated the strips and they were both good When I went to switch back to the original configuration that came with the computer DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - Black DIMM has MB serial number F E B Slot - White DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot -Black DIMM has MB serial number E B Slot - White My PC would not boot and made a continuous beeping sound I am no longer able to use the original Dell memory in any configuration Therefore I am stuck with Corsair Vengeance DDR GB x GB that was inserted into Slots amp White with Slots amp Black left empty Slot White with GB of Ram being the only memory recognized The GB in Slot White does not register in the Bios and is not seen by other software utilities that I have tried Hopefully you can now see my frustration and realize that I now have less memory available to me than originally came with my PC I read through many internet forums and tried all sorts of different things to solve the problem but the results are always the same leaving my PC with only GB of memory to be accessed I m guessing that there must be something wrong with the motherboard but I m really not sure Unfortunately Dell has been of very little help Not sure what my next step should be but if there is anyone out there that can assist me it would be greatly appreciated Thank you John M nbsp

A:Memory not detected in Bios - Dell Studio XPS 8000

As that model doesnt have diver support for windows 10, that may be part of the issue. That rig wasnt meant for w10, have you considered going back? That may help. I dont see a way to run that OS on that hardware. At least reliably.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-not-detected-in-bios-dell-studio-xps-8000.1158719/
Relevancy 43.86%

Dear Tech Support,

I think my computer has serious problems. I don't know what is wrong with it because it is very fast and works very good. But something it just crashes out of the blue and gives me BSOD. Mostly the BSOD is Memory Management or IRQL not less or equal.

I have followed your BSOD Posting Instructions. The OS on this computer is Windows 7 (32 bit), before I had Windows Vista as standard OS on it. The computer is approximately 4 years old, with "Intel (R) Core? 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz" processor and 3 GB RAM Memory. I also have the output folder and perfmon file attachted to this thread.

Thanks in advance!
Okki

A:BSOD - Special pool detected memory corruption

I don't see any crashdumps. You aren't using any "cleaning" software are you? The problem with them is they'll clean up crashdumps, which we need to analyze (plus most of them can end up being harmful).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-558616.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Today I installed my new SSD, and installed windows 8.1.  It worked for the first 3 hours, until I got the special pool detected memory corruption BSOD.  I looked at other forums, and  I did the Memtest, and it didn't work.  It started happening when I got my ssd, anyone have any ideas how to fix this?
EDIT: I fixed the problem

A:special pool detected memory corruption BSOD

Could you let us know what you did?
It'll help others who come looking for help with a similar problem.
Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582683/special-pool-detected-memory-corruption-bsod/
Relevancy 43.86%

I help folks fix their computers nbsp I was working on a Toshiba Satellite laptop that was recently upgraded to Windows -bit nbsp The CD DVD disappeared nbsp The BIOS recognized it fine as I was able to After Upgrade SOLUTIO... Drive 10 CD/DVD Not Windows Detected - boot CD/DVD Drive Not Detected After Windows 10 Upgrade - SOLUTIO... a DVD nbsp with backup software to backup the hard drive nbsp Wrestled with fixing problem last night until a m using many of the suggestions noted on this site nbsp Today I went to a friend's house to help them unstick their Windows Start Button nbsp It occurred to me to try the fix on the laptop for the CD DVD problem nbsp It worked nbsp Here are the steps nbsp START nbsp Launch Task manager nbsp Press the Ctrl Alt Del keys on the keyboard at the same time or right click the Taskbar and select Task manager nbsp Run a new Windows task nbsp When the Task manager window opens click the More details option to expand it then select Run new task from the File menu nbsp Run Windows PowerShell nbsp When the Run new task dialog box opens type powershell tick the box for Create this task with administrative privileges and click OK nbsp Run the System File Checker nbsp Type sfc scannow into the window and press the Return key The scan may take some time nbsp Reboot when it completes nbsp If necessary goto the Device Manager and uninstall the CD DVD device and then scan to reinstall it nbsp After I did this the CD DVD on the Toshiba was back nbsp END nbsp I got this fix at the following link nbsp http home bt com tech-gadgets computing has-your-windows- -start-menu-stopped-working-here-are-fo nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/CD-DVD-Drive-Not-Detected-After-Windows-10-Upgrade-SOLUTION/td-p/5594317
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello Everyone, I've just bought a 9 cell battery on Amazon (check this link) - the battery does fit in my ThinkPad X201 but unfortunately it is not detected at all by the system/windows!  I've just got the message 'NO BATTERY PRESENT... Is it a driver issue ? Since with the original 6 cell battery everything is working alright... By advance, thanks for your help ! 

Relevancy 43.86%

Dear all after an upgrade to Windows 8.1. my True Vision HD camera was not detected anymore. I just upgraded to Windows 10 as this was recommended, but it still does not work. Is there a driver to install it again? thanks and best

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/True-Vision-HD-Camera-cannot-be-detected-after-upgrade-to/td-p/5644559
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Everyone,

I have a Win 8.1 Pro Toshiba Portege Z10t-A. Recently just upgraded to Win 8.1.
Before the upgrade i was able to use the sim card to connect to VPN but since the upgrade the sim card does not get detected. I am using an application called "AirCard Watcher".

I have tried the latest driver "EM7305"

A:Portege Z10t-A - SIM Card isn't detected after Win 8.1 upgrade

Visit the Toshiba EU driver page
http://www.toshiba.eu/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp
Here choose:
Notebook
Portege
Portege Z series
Portege Z10T-A
All
Windows 8.1 64bit
LTE driver

Now you should see two LTE drivers (5.2.1401.4045 and 3.5.1308.3911)
I recommend you to test both drivers?.

Before you would start the driver installation, the old current driver should be removed.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?81252-Portege-Z10t-A-SIM-Card-isn-t-detected-after-Win-8-1-upgrade
Relevancy 43.43%

Eset Smart Security recently detected Win Mebroot trojan in the Operating memory It is also trojan Eset Win32/Mebroot memory Operating detected - unable to clean the Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan trojan and I do not know how to remove it The DDS log is below DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Lee at on Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Home Basic GMT Running Processes C Windowssystem wininit exeC Windowssystem lsm exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windowssystem svchost exe -k RPCSSC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windowssystem svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceC WindowsSystem spoolsv exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC WindowsSystem svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Program FilesSpyware DoctorBDTBDTUpdateService exeC Windowssystem taskhost exeC Windowssystem Dwm exesvchost exe C Program FilesDU MeterDUMeterSvc exeC WindowsExplorer EXEC Program FilesESETESET Smart Securityekrn exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonationC Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedVS DEBUGmdm exeC Program FilesAlcohol SoftAlcohol StarWindStarWindServiceAE exeC Windowssystem svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program FilesTOSHIBAPower SaverTosCoSrv exesvchost exe C Windowssystem svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Program FilesESETESET Smart Securityegui exeC Windowssystem taskeng exeC Program FilesTOSHIBAConfigFreeNDSTray exeC Program FilesTOSHIBAConfigFreeCFSwMgr exeC Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox exeC Windowssystem sppsvc exeC Windowssystem taskhost exeC Windowssystem wbemwmiprvse exeC WindowsservicingTrustedInstaller exeD Desktopdds scrC Windowssystem conhost exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO FG CatchUrl f -aa - b - f d- a b e ef - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsbhoCATCH dllBHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program filesspyware doctorbdtPCTBrowserDefender dllBHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No FileBHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program filescommon filesmicrosoft sharedwindows liveWindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program filesjavajre binjp ssv dllTB PC Tools Browser Guard ea- a- b-adf - d e cc - c program filesspyware doctorbdtPCTBrowserDefender dllTB D C F- A- -A AD- D - No FilemRun egui quot c program fileseseteset smart securityegui exe quot hide waitservicemPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x mPolicies-system PromptOnSecureDesktop x IE amp Download All by FlashGet - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsBhoall htmIE amp Download by FlashGet - c program filesflashget networkflashget universalcomdllsBholink htmIE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - c progra micros office EXCEL EXE IE B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - FF E -CC A- E E-BF B- E D - c progra micros office REFIEBAR DLLLSP c program filescommon filespc toolslspPCTLsp dllDPF AD C - E- D -B E - F D - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC- - - -ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabDPF CAFEEFAC-FFFF-FFFF-FFFF-ABCDEFFEDCBA - hxxp java sun com update jinstall- -windows-i cabHandler skype com - FFC B - B - DFF- - C DD F D - c progra common skypeSKYPE DLLHosts www spywareinfo com FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - c usersleeappdataroamingmozillafirefoxprofilesr z uty defaultFF - plugin c program filesk-lite codec packrealbrowserpluginsnppl dllFF - plugin c program filesk-lite codec packrealbrowserpluginsnprpjplug dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpatgpc dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpdjvu dllFF - plugin c program filesmozilla firefoxpluginsnpFoxitReaderPlugin dllFF - plugin c usersleeappdataroamingfacebooknpfbplu... Read more

A:Eset detected Operating memory - Win32/Mebroot trojan

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. By doing this and then choosing Immediate E-Mail notification and then clicking on Proceed you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.Double click DeFogger to run the tool. The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:Download DDS and save it to your desktopLink1Link2Link3Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear: DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?"MBRCheckPlease also download MBRCheck to your desktop Double click MBRCheck.exe to run (vista and Win 7 right click and select Run as Administrator)It will show a Black screen with some data on it a report called MBRcheck will be on your desktopopen this reportRight click on the screen and select > Select All Press Control+Cnow please copy that report to this threadinformation and logs:In your next post I need the following1.logs from DDS2.log from RKUnHooker3. report from MBRchecker4.let me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/335548/eset-detected-operating-memory-win32mebroot-trojan/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi,

My wife's laptop has been very sluggish lately and we keep getting the above message by AVG. Would be grateful if anyone could assist.

Thanks a lot in advance!

A:Internet explorer high memory usage detected by AVG (164MB)

Hi vernontan I'll need more information in order to assist you with your issue. Please follow the instructions below.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:List Installed Programs;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;List Devices - Only Problems;List Users, Partitions and Memory size;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;Speccy - Publish a snapshotFollow the instructions below to download and install Speccy, then to publish a snapshot of your system information:Download and install Speccy from Piriform (the download will start automatically a few seconds after clicking on the Speccy link);Note: You can opt-out the Google Toolbar installation if you want;Once Speccy is installed, launch the program and give it a good minute to load all your system information;After that, click on the File menu in the top left corner, and select Publish Snapshot;A window will appear asking you to confirm your decision to publish a snapshot. Click on Yes;A new window will appear after, with a URL link to your snapshot. Click on Copy to Clipboard button to copy that URL to your clipboard, then paste it in your next reply and post it;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575560/internet-explorer-high-memory-usage-detected-by-avg-164mb/
Relevancy 43.43%

hello, i've got a 4 month old ASUS desktop that has random BSOD. i'm not very computer literate and could really use some help. called ASUS and all they recommended was to send the computer in for repair. was about to do it until they said all my stuff would be wiped out. would like to try this first. the computer has been doing this since day one. it'll crash during use and other times while idle. can't figure out what causing this or why.

win 7 home premium 64 came preloaded on the machine. i added a Nvidia GEForce 430 card and a 2nd hard drive. also added an external usb hard drive. i don't think any of these adds are involved since the BSOD was appearing before i added anything.

i followed the instructions to include the zip file you need. have never done anything like this so i hope it works. my head is spinning lol!

thank you
Lev

A:random BSOD. memory check says hardware problem detected.

Quote: Originally Posted by levitt

hello, i've got a 4 month old ASUS desktop that has random BSOD. i'm not very computer literate and could really use some help. called ASUS and all they recommended was to send the computer in for repair. was about to do it until they said all my stuff would be wiped out. would like to try this first. the computer has been doing this since day one. it'll crash during use and other times while idle. can't figure out what causing this or why.

win 7 home premium 64 came preloaded on the machine. i added a Nvidia GEForce 430 card and a 2nd hard drive. also added an external usb hard drive. i don't think any of these adds are involved since the BSOD was appearing before i added anything.

i followed the instructions to include the zip file you need. have never done anything like this so i hope it works. my head is spinning lol!

thank you
Lev

It is usually very difficult to diagnose from a single DMP file and yours is no exception. While there is no direct evidence I strongly suspect your Symantec. I woud remove and replace with Microsoft Security essentials at least to test.

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183749-random-bsod-memory-check-says-hardware-problem-detected.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I recently upgraded my Windows 7 laptop from 4GB of physical memory to 8 GB. The Bios immediately recognized the added memory but it appears the Task Manager physical memory has not changed and only recognizes ~3.5 GB of available memory. Is there a way
to have Task Manager recognize the added memory? Is the fact that the Task Manager does not recognize the added memory mean other functions are not recognizing the added memory?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/42a23dae-6a29-4635-9ec3-5d3ba7a0ef7f/windows-7-physical-memory-upgrade-and-task-manager-physical-memory?forum=perfmon
Relevancy 43.43%

I am having major problems upgrading to Windows 7 from Vista. I have an HP dv3 with Windows Vista 64-bit. I am using the HP upgrade disc with the upgrade option. I first ran into problems when the Windows 7 disc told me that some components would not be installed properly, namely that I needed to upgrade my keyboard filter driver. I did what I was told and when I tried to re-start the upgrade process the disc told me that I would need to re-start my computer. I did that and when it re-started, a message from HP popped up saying that my optical drive was no longer connected and that I needed to re-connect it in order for the upgrade to continue. So now my optical drive is not reading anything and I do not know what has happened or how to even fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Upgrade Problems from Vista...no optical drive detected

if you dont have a backup of your data, then call hp and find out what their solution is, otherwise re-start the install and choose "custom" and format the drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/49417-upgrade-problems-vista-no-optical-drive-detected.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all PC is running XP - updated to SP The Back Story Last week my computer started to act up My motherboard has been going for some time now and that led to one of my monitor inputs i dual screen failing However on the Sunday morning I turned it on to find my main monitor not working I plugged in the old monitor into that same plug and it worked and then i plugged in my main monitor into the plug that i had used for my old monitor and strangely it worked Yet they would not spyware Applications Crashing sporadic usage memory detected jumps, regularly, work the other way When I then booted up applications things started crashing everywhere I use Lacuna Launcher basically just a quick batch file to launch several applications together and out of Itunes MSN Messenger Steam Opera Ventrilo and KeePass only KeyPass didnt crash I could then go and lunch Itunes MSN Messenger Opera and Ventrilo individually and they would work Opera happens on firefox Applications Crashing regularly, sporadic memory usage jumps, spyware detected and IE as well is crashing regularly mainly when there are multiple tabs open I have noticed but cant confirm due to the highly rare occurence of it and my lack of concentration that on VERY rare occasions while browsing the internet I will get redirected to advertising pages This has only noticeably happened twice in the past week though I have also noticed memory usage rises to very large amounts around K in the firefox process when Opera is crashing i have firefox open for facebook and opera to browse so that neither programs crash from multiple tabs yet Opera s process memory wasn t jumping to those levels at all Steam cannot be run at all It is in a highly problematic state but I would say that is because it is crashing when it updates unfortunately an update was released just before I started steam that day and so that is the first thing it tries to do BSODs and hardware failures have been fairly common for me with this rig and so i merely shrugged this off as the main harddrive going and possibly the RAM after i noticed the sporadic memory jumps that tended to happen I also shrugged it off as a hardware issue since I had done absolutely nothing the night before to obtain any malware I spent the night playing some games on Steam with mates I did a couple scans but nothing was picked up however I think they may have crashed halfway through while i was away from my computer I have also noticed the occasional application failing to contact the Internet despite my Firewall allowing them to I decided to watch a SB SnD scan through tonight and sure enough it found a problem Win Agent pz SBI F C F Settings Registry value nothing done HKEY LOCAL MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT CurrentVersion Network UID I selected to fix it on a previous scan naturally it is still there Hijack This Log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Logitech G-series Software LGDCore exe C Program Files Logitech G-series Software LCDMon exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Logitech G-series Software Applets LCDMedia exe C Program Files Logitech G-series Software Applets LCDClock exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system... Read more

A:Applications Crashing regularly, sporadic memory usage jumps, spyware detected

Some Updates on the problem.

Today Opera has totally stopped working. It loads up the interface but then crashes straight away. I find this strange considering it was loading for a whole week (albeit with a lot of crashing) before this happened.

MSN Messenger also occasionally drops out (but not the entire internet, as it drops out I am still talking to people on Ventrilo, a VOIP application, and there is no drop out or latency or anything. This can occur on other applications as well, but is most prevelant on MSN Messenger
I have kept my firewall (ZoneAlarm) on at all times, but am concerned that perhaps it may have a way of storing personal data (other members of my family use this computer and credit card details may or may not have been entered on the computer this week) such as credit cards or passwords. Does anyone know whether the malware that has been found here has compromised my data in any way? Naturally that is always a risk with malware but perhaps someone might know for this specific case.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/applications-crashing-regularly-sporadic-memory-usage-jumps-spyware-detected.827575/
Relevancy 42.57%

i am running win xp home mb ram p ghz watt power Hds gb gb maxtors dvd-rom drive cd-rw drive on with the problem i had a gforce mx and integrated sound i installed my new gforce fx and audity zs at the same prob-disc fx 2 audigy drive longer 5500 no + upgrade zs detected time system booted fine--noticably alot slower but it came through detected the new devices and the installation said to skip the driver thing and to do fx 5500 + audigy 2 zs upgrade prob-disc drive no longer detected it by Cd- no problem windows detected my new gfx card and loaded that and then i cancelled the sound driver thing the real problem now XP no longer shows my d and e respectivly the drives mentioned above as on the system --i need those to install the drivers the only other fx 5500 + audigy 2 zs upgrade prob-disc drive no longer detected odd thing i notice is that the green LED on my cdrw drive is on not flickering but on and it will not respond to the open button i did on installing the audigy connct a digital audio cd cable to the drive-that a problem now assuming i got all the connections right and i didnt bump anything to make it not work are there compatibility issues or something else that you see may be causing problems suggestions on what to try next UPDATE i took out the audigy and got the nvidia to work just fine by itself installed all cd drivers and whatnot and my drives worked so its a problem with the audigy im thinking something to do with the digital audio connection between cdrw drive and the card itself how do i fix nbsp

A:fx 5500 + audigy 2 zs upgrade prob-disc drive no longer detected

Solved

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fx-5500-audigy-2-zs-upgrade-prob-disc-drive-no-longer-detected.311594/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi I hope the title wasn t too detailed I believe I have the same infection as a few other posts I ve been seeing around the next the last couple of days NOD detected a Mebroot Trojan it can t clean in the operating memory and I believe it s causing my PC s weird behavior Every now and then the volume wave drops to mute and every detected Trojan - clicking sounds volume NOD32 mutes, in wave Mebroot popups, memory now and then IE ad popups appear even though I am a Firefox user and I can hear clicking noises in the background every now and then I would really appreciate any help I can get removing this What I fear most is that it will NOD32 detected Mebroot Trojan in memory - volume wave mutes, popups, clicking sounds spread to other computers on the network or to my IM email FB contacts Also here is a HijackThis log the pinned guide said I should post this Thank you very much to anyone willing to help Code Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files DU Meter DUMeterSvc exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus ekrn exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Sandboxie SbieSvc exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM STacSV exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Process Lasso processgovernor exe C Program Files Backwards Hebrew hebrew exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files ClipX clipx exe C Program Files Everything Everything exe C Program Files ESET ESET NOD Antivirus egui exe C Program Files Intel Audio Studio Intel Audio exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C Program Files Taskbar Shuffle taskbarshuffle exe C Program Files Rainlendar Rainlendar exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files DU Meter DUMeter exe C Program Files VisualTaskTips VisualTaskTips exe C Program Files UberIcon UberIcon Manager exe C Program Files Process Lasso ProcessLasso exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Documents and Settings Noam Desktop HackEm Ketamine exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Launchy Launchy exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files VirtuaWin VirtuaWin exe C Program Files VirtuaWin modules WinList exe C Program Files Sheep Friends Billy BillySongDumper v BillySD exe C Program Files Samurize Client exe C Program Files AnalogX MaxMem maxmem exe C Program Files PowerMenu PowerMenu exe C Program Files Yz Dock YzDock exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files FlashGet flashget exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Ma... Read more

A:NOD32 detected Mebroot Trojan in memory - volume wave mutes, popups, clicking sounds

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nod32-detected-mebroot-trojan-in-memory-volume-wave-mutes-popups-clicking-sounds.935101/
Relevancy 41.28%

my specs are as seen here http://dez666.ath.cx/cpuz.htm

My (crummy) ram is running at 200mhz, but from whats on there i can get 800mhz. however, i remember seeing somewhere my comp would only be able to use 400mhz..how can i find out xD

Relevancy 41.28%

could someone please help my laptop is nearly out of disc space can someone tell me how i can upgrade it the specs are windows xp home edition hi grade

Relevancy 41.28%

Hello allI have the HP Pavilion Desktop - 500-415nv PC nd would like to upgrade the memory.The characteristics that I could find are the following: Oper. SystemWindows 10 Home 64-bitMicroprocessorIntel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHzSystem Memory6GBslot12GB Hynix/Hyundai 1600MHzslot24GB Hynix/Hyundai 1600MHzSystem board2AF7 1.04bios80.20 I would like to ask you which the highest memory that could allocate to each slot?Could I replace the 2GB with an 8GB one?ThanksGreetingsMarina                               

A:Upgrade Memory of my PC

Hi there @mkli73, May the Forums be with you!  It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are looking for memory upgrade information for your computer and I am happy to help with this. Looking at the HP Pavilion 500-415nv Desktop PC product specifications you will find the following memory information:  Dual channel memory architecture Two 240-pin DDR3 DIMM socketsSupports the following:   PC3 10600 (DDR3-1333)  or  PC3 12800 (DDR3-1600)Supports 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB and 8 GB DIMMsSupports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systemsSupports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-Memory-of-my-PC/td-p/5600743
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I'm using a very basic system and just need to give a little boost before a total upgrade when this becomes 'obsolete'. I'm using a sempron 2300 on a biostar mobo, up to 400mhz fsb with 768 mb RAM, 512 of which is pc2700+ [email protected] Ok so I can either buy 512 mb of pc2700 to give 1024mb of ram @333mhz, 1gb of 3200 ram and lose the pc 2700 to get 1280mb pc3200 @333 mhz with the Sempron. Alternatively I could upgrade the CPU to a 2800 and run at 333 mhz with the existing 768 of RAM. What to do?

A:Upgrade CPU or add memory?

i recommend you go with ditching the ram you have and install 1024meg faster ram. ie 1024mb of ram @333mhz

if you have the most amazing cpu it is still limited with the speed of your ram.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-cpu-or-add-memory.688771/
Relevancy 41.28%

hi goodmorning can someone please tell me how much memory i can upgrade memory install on my pc and also what size sticks i should buy thanks for any help heres my pc details Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack build Compaq Presario EA - MODEL System Serial Number D KQNTB memory upgrade G Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon XP kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board Compaq Ch Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Compaq K Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space Compaq DVD-ROM SD-M CD-ROM drive HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive Maxtor E L Hard drive GB -- drive s n E VEWRKE rev NAR EA SMART Status Healthy WDC WD EB- CPF Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WMAAU rev G SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM has MB Slot DIMM has MB Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details memory upgrade Printers local user accounts last logon alan admin local system accounts Administrator never admin Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account None detected Controllers Display Standard floppy disk controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce MX MX Microsoft Corporation Display adapter S Graphics Inc ProSavage Display adapter LGE M A Monitor quot vis February Bus Adapters Multimedia VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller x VIA AC Audio Controller WDM Communications Other Devices Thomson ST Remote NDIS Device primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address F D Networking Dns Servers Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard PS Compatible Mouse USB Root Hub x Virus Protection Back to Top No details available Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes Back to Top These required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary were not found installed Note CIS benchmarks require that Critical and Important severity security hotfixes must be installed Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Moderate details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Moderate details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Moderate details Q - Moderate details Q - Moderate details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Moderate details Q - Moderate details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Low details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Moderate details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Moderate details Q - Moderate details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Low details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Moderate details Q - Critical details Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Back to Top DataAccess Q on details Internet Explorer SP SP Q details Q details Q details Windows XP SP KB on details KB on details Q on details Q on details Q on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details No details available Click here to see all available Microsoft security hotfixes for this computer Marks... Read more

A:memory upgrade

Here is the memory configurator from Crucial. It will answer all your questions regarding upgrades.

http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.aspx?model=Presario+5000+Series+Model+5405EA

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade.519320/
Relevancy 41.28%

Little info required:
I have a Dell Dimension 8400 (X86 system type, if that means anything).
I currently have 512MB of RAM & I obviously want to upgrade this to something a bit beefier.
I recently got a bargain (or so I thought ) 1GB stick of PC3200 DDR SDRAM (400mhz) RAM but, surprise, surprise, it doesnt fit. The spec is 184 pin & I believe my system needs 240 pin?
Is this the case?
All thanks in advance.
BTW: TSG rules, I should have checked it ut here 1st before I parted with my cash

A:Memory upgrade

Eggenberg4Ev said:

Little info required:
I have a Dell Dimension 8400 (X86 system type, if that means anything).
I currently have 512MB of RAM & I obviously want to upgrade this to something a bit beefier.
I recently got a bargain (or so I thought ) 1GB stick of PC3200 DDR SDRAM (400mhz) RAM but, surprise, surprise, it doesnt fit. The spec is 184 pin & I believe my system needs 240 pin?
Is this the case?
All thanks in advance.
BTW: TSG rules, I should have checked it ut here 1st before I parted with my cash Click to expand...

here is your page from crucial http://www.crucial.com/store/listpa...abid=AM&model=Dimension+8400+Series&submit=Go

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade.415070/
Relevancy 41.28%

Memory or Video Card? :bounce:

Thinking of upgrading from 1 GB to 2GB of PC3200 memory or...

Upgrading from a 6600GT to a 6800GS?

Which one should I do, I'm only doing one, this is for gaming purposes.

I run BF2SF and BF2, and have no major issues. Sometimes, I have lag for a moment, but then it goes away, usually the first 10 seconds when I first join a game.

3.4 Ghz Pentium Prescott
1 GB PC3200 memory
nVidia 6600GT PCIe GPU
80 GB SATA150 HD

A:What should I upgrade first? GPU or Memory?

You'll probably get a variety of opinions and here's mine.

More memory MIGHT improve your graphics performance, especially if the "lag" is due to unloading unwanted programs from memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-should-i-upgrade-first-gpu-or-memory.38972/
Relevancy 41.28%

HI, I have a gateway computor that is a 500C PC. The SD Ram is a 256, I want to upgrade it higher, But don't know what I need. Could you please offer some advice. Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/upgrade-memory.594264/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, i have this configuration:4gb RAM 1600MHzIntel Core I5 4210UI have one more ram slot free.. Now i want upgrade my pc, but what is the maximum, in total, upgradable ram capacity?12gb? 16gb?I can install 1x8gb more? or i can install 2x8gb?And, if the maximum is 12gb, i should install 1x8gb 1600MHz or 1x8gb 1333Mhz?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Upgrade-Memory-RAM/td-p/5635336
Relevancy 41.28%

I own a Pavillion X360-11T-K100CTOModel L8T22AARSerial # (removed content)I want to upgrade from 4 to 8 Gig RAM. What part # do I need to order?Thanks

You can try with this  693374-005 8GB, 1600MHz, PC3L-12800, DDR3, dual in-line memory module (DIMM) RegardsSATISHP4Click on " Kudos Star " icon on left hand side if resolved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-upgrade/td-p/5682605
Relevancy 41.28%

Greetings, I would like to upgrade my memory on a Dell Inspiron B130. I opened up the back and there is what appears to be two 256mb cards installed. So, if I want to upgrade to 512mb do I need to purchase two of these cards?

A:Help with Memory upgrade

malsr said:

Greetings, I would like to upgrade my memory on a Dell Inspiron B130. I opened up the back and there is what appears to be two 256mb cards installed. So, if I want to upgrade to 512mb do I need to purchase two of these cards?Click to expand...

go to crucial.com plug in make and model

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-memory-upgrade.595769/
Relevancy 41.28%

I was thinking about upgrading the memory in my desktop computer but I am confused about what to purchase. My computer is an HP Pavilion P2-1013W.

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c03052631

It says:
Memory upgrade information

Single channel memory architecture
Two 240-pin DDR3 UDIMM sockets
Supports the following:

PC3-6400 (DDR3-800)
PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit* systems
Supports up to 32 GB on 64-bit systems (with 16 GB DIMMs)
but when I look up the memory cards some of them say they are for Dell or laptops.

Can I put in 2- 16 GB cards? Can you find 16 GB cards? I have the 64 bit system.
I am so confused, any help would be appriciated!

~Susiejo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade.1158573/
Relevancy 41.28%

Just recently bought Envy 750-229. I am trying to upgrade RAM to 16GB. So far I have tried Patriot and Kingston memory and the system doesnt recognize the additional 8 Gb. No idea what to do. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-upgrade/td-p/5709577
Relevancy 41.28%

i want to upgrade my memory and am not sure what all info i need to purchase extra memory. also i am not sure where to find the info i need. i have a packard bell 1850 with a 233 intel pentium processor. it came with 40 mb edo ram and is upgradeable to 128. is this what i need to get some lead out my computer, short of buying a new one! thanks for any help at all and thanks for at least looking! you all are great people for helping us out!!!

Relevancy 41.28%

I need to know how upgrade the memory ram for mi laptop i doont know hhow to do it, please help

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Upgrade-memory-rm/td-p/5598158
Relevancy 41.28%

I have 2 mem slots in my Dell Dem 2400. I currently have 256 mb in one slot. I want to add a 1 gig module. Do I put it in the empty slot or do I take out the 256 and put in the 1 gig and then plug the 256 in the other slot?

A:Memory Upgrade

na mate just put the 1 gig in the other slot i have a p5n-e sli mother board with 8 gig lol just kept on upgrading it never had a prob swaping them around

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/memory-upgrade.116883/
Relevancy 41.28%

I was just wondering if I can upgrade my memory on my laptop (I have 12 GB in it already)? But I can't find the spec's for the laptop.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-upgrade/td-p/5660448
Relevancy 41.28%

I was needing some sugestions and Memory AGP Upgrade on a Memory and Video Card upgrade for Memory and AGP Upgrade my system and after searching thru Abits Forums as wells as TSG I have not confirmed any COMPATIBLE parts to purchase My Budget for Memory is and Below for GB of Dual channel the best I can get as my taste often runs higher than my budget The Brands I was considering were Corsair Muskin or Kingston sticks of My budget for a Video card is and below most importantly I need to get somthing compatible with My board I do Moderate Gaming would do more If my frame rates were better and I watch DVD s with Power DVD The ATI XT Pro X XT X Pro are brands that were being used on Abit Boards But not Mine specifacally so not sure about their compatibility My specs are Abit NF S G PCI AGP DDR DIMM Audio LAN AMD Duron XP MHZ x NVidia Nforce Ultra MB PC DDR SDRAM NVidia GeForce MX MB XP PROFESSIONAL Service Pack nbsp

A:Memory and AGP Upgrade

All the video cards you mentioned should work as long as they're AGP and your power supply has enough ommph to make em work. (Good luck finding any of them for under $120, personally I doubt you'll have any)

Here's a good price on 1 gig of kingston PC3200 mem. http://shop3.outpost.com/product/3956148

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-and-agp-upgrade.327827/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello, I would like to upgrade my memory from 4gb to 8gb.  It has an  AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics Product Name15-g059wm System board22CD 93.32 Memory4GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 DIMM) slot 14GB A-DATA Technology 800MHzIs it possible?  Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-upgrade/td-p/5608761
Relevancy 41.28%

I purchased an HP HDX 18 a year ago.  At the time I only included 4GB of RAM.  Now, I'd like to upgrade to the full 8GB by buying two 4GB memory sticks.  I have the product number and details for the memory I need to purchase, however, it seems that every place I look is out of this.  Am I going to be unable to upgrade?  If so, this ticks me off.  If not, does anybody have an idea of where I could look to purchase this RAM.  I went to the store that HP recommends and they were out. Product I'm looking for...510402-001DDR3 PC3-8500, 1600MHz4GB If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

A:4GB Memory Upgrade for HP HDX 18

Hi rbicket, Crucial.comKingston.comTigerdirect.com Use thier memory configurator to ensure the best match, or search for your type, seems you know what you need. Good luck!

______________________________________________________________________________ProBook 4710S, Win 10 Pro 32 bit, T6570 @ 2.1Ghz, 320GB, 3GB, ATI Mobility HD 4330Elitebook 840 G1 Win 7 Enterprise x64HP Stream 7 Tablet Windows 10 Home

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/4GB-Memory-Upgrade-for-HP-HDX-18/td-p/242679
Relevancy 41.28%

After installing 4GB ram in the laptop there's a problem in starting up. The following appears on the screen 'Preparing Automatic Repair'. How do I resolve the issue?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-upgrade/td-p/5705356
Relevancy 41.28%

I had my computer quot rebuilt quot a few years ago and the person doing it didn t do what he was memory Need upgrade with help suppose to do I just found out that I have memory card on XP operating system Not sure what type of PC it is anymore It use to be a Compaq but when I got it back I had a different tower and everything I am using an AMD Athlon tm XP processor And the computer quot name quot is home-bud kpc zy Under the computer icon on the Device Manager is ACPI Uniprocessor PC All I want is to know what type of memory I need to get this thing running like it needs to be I can t run more than or things at a time and it is already slow to begin with This is what my installed memory Need help with memory upgrade card had on the sticker on it Kingston Value RAM - A KVR X C P - Assy in Korea CE Warranty Void if Removed And it has black chips on the face of it and each one reads SAMSUNG K H F-TCB If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it I don t know anything when it comes to fixing computers Thanks Angie P nbsp

A:Need help with memory upgrade

Go here http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html and download Everest which will give you a lot of the details of your system.

Find out what kind of motherboard you have and go here http://www.crucial.com/ enter the info and it will tell you what kind of memory you need and what the max memory is for the motherboard.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-with-memory-upgrade.584476/
Relevancy 41.28%

3000 N100 0768 Memory Specifications
 Standard Memory
512 MB (removable)
 Maximum Memory
2.0 GB
 Memory Expansion
2 sockets
 Memory Comments
PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM SODIMMs
 CPU Type
1.66GHz Intel Core Duo Processor T2300
 Model Comments
533/667MHz FSB, Mobile Intel 945GM/945PM Express Chipset

(above info. from some online store . my LENOVO-laptop is exactly as above)
can any one tell me does this mean i can only put total 2gb mem ? 1gb in each slot? ( i have two slots)
also i bought 2gb. ram from small cut back computer store and they installed it works but after a while it keep showing me an error ( blue screen etc. ) i tried in diffrent bank - 2gb in one slot and 512mb in other still the same error.
but soon as i switch back to original 512 mb in each slot no problem .
what can be wrong.? i love to install total 8gb ( 4x4 ) or atleast 4gb. (2x2)
thanks for any help.

You should probably contact Lenovo's tech support with your question; however, as I read it, you are stuck with a maximum of a pair of 1GB SODIMMs -- 2GB total memory.

The mere fact that larger SODIMMs exist doesn't mean that your laptop's motherboard can address the memory on them.

Edited to add: Have you tried it without the 512MB module? Using only the 2GB module? That might work. Then, again, it might not. Only way to tell is to try it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/8572-memory-upgrade.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm going to put in another fan in my 2.6 Celeron. As long as I had the cover off I was going to add more Ram. Just looking for some kind of upgrade.

I now have 2 slots each with 256DDR for a total of 512. I was going to buy a 512 and remove one of the 256's, so I will have a 256 in one slot and a 512 in the other. The question I have is will the added memory (256) be noticeable or is that just a waste of money?

The computer has just been rebuilt. Went from a 233 to a 2.6 a few months ago. Both ran on Cable. A huge difference in speed. Like I said, just looking for a extra bump, that small upgrade just because the covers off and it's begging me to do more. Don't want to throw away my money if 256DDR more won't show any difference.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Relevancy 41.28%

I would like to upgrade the memory in my old computer. The motherboard is a GA 686LX and I cannot find what memory that I can use.There are 4 memory slots and I believe that I can use 4 128MB 100 SDRAM but am not sure. My motherboard is not on the web site of the Kingston memory or others , maybe to old. Would someone be able to help me. Thanks.

Relevancy 41.28%

hi,,
i used to have a 1GB RAM DDR2 (2*512MB).
i have bought a 2GB memory card and i replaced one 512mb card with the 2Gb (total 2.5GB).
I have heard that it is better and faster to have one card 2gb rather than 2.5gb (2gb + 512mb)? is that true?
thanks

A:memory upgrade?

I think in theory 2 cards are faster because it can be accessed faster but I doubt you ever feel it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade.787076/
Relevancy 41.28%

Toshiba satellite L670 laptop memory DDR3 8500 memory upgrade to 8 gig max. bought 2 x 4gb upgrade memory modules which are the correct specification according to toshiba, but when inserted will not boot. When I put original module in slot A and new module in slot B it boots displaying correct memory readout, 2gb slot A original + 4 gb new module in B slot. If you try and reverse modules boot fails, so unable to run full 8gb upgrade modules. Anybody got any ideas??
Valked

So, you put a 2GB chips in A and a 4GB chip in B, Can you put a 4GB chip in slot A and a 2GB in slot B?
You can reconfirm that the motherboard supports 8 Gb by booting the computer with 6GB and running the Crucial System Scanner.
Then post in the Toshiba forum for better results. Satellite Laptops :: all other models - Toshiba Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/memory-upgrade-686911.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Please can anyone help?

I am trying to upgrade an old Compaq machine which is currently using 64mb ram.
I purchased a 256 memory chip and the system won't boot up. I have installed memory from my other machine and that was a 256 chip that worked.

I tend to think the problem is to do with buffered and unbuffered memory compatibility.

Can anyone tell me how you can differentiate the two?

I will be getting a refund on the memory I have which has 8 black squares on one side only.
Does the unbuffered memory have black squares on both sides?

Thanx

From what I hear with Compaq's you have to buy specific memory. Go to crucial.com and put in your info, it'll give what will work.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade.177902/
Relevancy 41.28%

My computer is 2 years old and after adding many games for the grandkids my computer has started slowing down. I now have 512MB of memory would it speed up my computer to add memory? If so how much should I add and how do I do this? Is there a site that shows step by step instructions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cybernana

Relevancy 41.28%

Is this RAM compatible with my pc of HP CQ5600Y ? Plz let me know.

FRYS.com | Corsair

thx

According to this link it supports up to 4 gb for a 32bit system but what about 64bit which I have. Any ideas?

Compaq Presario CQ5600Y Desktop PC Product Specifications Compaq Presario CQ5600Y Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Best to go here and let it scan your computer for the exact memory your system can hold and use.

http://www.crucial.com/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade.1044373/
Relevancy 41.28%

I recently upgraded my T500 to a SSD and 8 gbtyes ram.  The diagnostics recognize the 8 gbyte upgrade but state only 4 gbytes are usuable.  I thought the machine maximum was 8.  Is there anything else I need to do to make the machine use the memory.

The ThinkPad T400 and T500 datasheet states that it can handle up to 8GB of RAM, so it should work unless you are running a 32-bit version of Windows, in which case the maximum RAM that can be addressed by the OS is 4GB regardless of how much RAM you install.       The Windows license key is valid for both 32 and 64-bit, but to go from 32-bit to 64-bit, you would have to uninstall and reinstall Windows. Windows Install Media Download Links,https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 Hope that helps,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/Memory-Upgrade/td-p/3399164
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an acer 5735 travelmate. It can take a max of 8gb memory. I currently have 1x 4 gb ram . I recently ordered another 1x 4gb stick same as that of the existing ram.
After installing the new ram the pc( win 7 64 bit) takes 4 mins to boot up. When i try to see the installed memory it doesnt display any information. When i swap the sticks and install them on their own the laptop works fine. Ihave tried it on both slots and slots seem to be fine with each ram stick on its own. Its only when i try using them together to get max of 8 gb my laptop stops responding. Can someone help me with this issue

A:Cant upgrade my memory

Hi matrixxxx, welcome back!

Could be two things:

1.) How does the new stick you bought compare to the original?
Is the new one DDR3 SDRAM; DDR3-1066/PC3-8500?
I couldn't find your 5735, this is the 5744; see memory list: TM5744-6467 | Product Model

2.) They both work individually, but not together so that would make me think they are somehow incompatible.

EDIT:

Looked around, and I found some ambiguity.

Crucial, Kingston, and Memory.com say the 5735 can only handle 4GB max, but Best Buy says 8.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/229302-cant-upgrade-my-memory.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm looking to upgrade my current memory and have been advised to purchase 2x512Mb of Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 DDR RAM.

However, according to my M/B Manual, there is this message:
"Note: The DDR DIMM slots DO NOT support PC2700 modules."

If I purchase the Geil PC3200 RAM, will i be able to use it in my current board (until i eventually have the money to upgrade that as well).

i currently have an MSI 6382v2.0 M/B that says it supports RAM of
PC2100 (DDR266)
PC1600 (DDR200)

Thanks

A:RAM Memory Upgrade

according to crucial the motherboard will support pc3200 memory, check the link to crucial

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ram-memory-upgrade.198427/
Relevancy 41.28%

How easy is it to upgrade mem and hdd? Am I stuck with Compaq parts? We are overdue.
Thanks for any advice, Mike

Windows 98 SE (build 4.10.2222) Compaq Compaq PC
System Serial Number: 2H02DCT6J3PG
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
500 megahertz AMD K6-2 w/3DNow!
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Compaq 0648h
Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Compaq 686S4 01/28/2000
Drives Memory Modules c
10.24 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
5.73 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

COMPAQ SC-140S [CD-ROM drive]
Generic floppy disk drive (3.5")

QUANTUM FIREBALLlct20 10 (10.26 GB) [Hard drive] -- drive 0 56 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot '0' has 64 MB
Slot '1' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (on drive 0) 8.19 GB 4.89 GB free
d: (on drive 0) 2.05 GB 833 MB free

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi, I'm Eko from Indonesia. I hope somebody can help me. I have amotherboard
"Compaq Compaq PC" using chipset Intel Whitney i810E.
with 2x64 SDR SDRAM. (Windows XP)
I want to upgrade the memory but when I plug a 256 visipro SDR SDRAM memory, the MoBo can't detect it and show error memory message. Can't the MoBo receive other manufacture memory? What should I do to upgrade its memory? I try to update its bios but I can't find it anywhere at the web.

somebody help me Please...Thx a lot

Welcome to TSG!

You need to give us more info on the computer, what model compaq? The chipset specifications supported 512 mb pc133 sdr memory. Are you using the correct memory? What happens if you put the new stick in by itself? Some brands of pc133 did not work well with other brands. You can go to,
www.crucial.com
and put in your machine model number and it will tell you for sure what type of memory you need.

Let us know

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade.332738/
Relevancy 41.28%

This laptop has i believe one slot with 8 megs of memory. Can i upgrade to a high amount like 16 or 32 ?                                                                                                

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/memory-upgrade/td-p/5820186
Relevancy 41.28%

i have just got memory for my computer witch way do i put it in i put it in the same way as the pc chip but this had no iffect so witch way do i put it in help!

A:i have just got a memory upgrade

sjc said:

i have just got memory for my computer witch way do i put it in i put it in the same way as the pc chip but this had no iffect so witch way do i put it in help! Click to expand...

there is only 1 way 2 put in memory on a computer. the is a gap on the module which corrospondes with a brigde in the insert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-have-just-got-a-memory-upgrade.385619/
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello. I have a notebook with standard 4 gb and i'm looking for memory upgrade. I've found that this model has a n option to install additional memory of 4GB DDR3-1600 SODIMM Memory 16 chip LV.  But I've read that it needs some sort of specific/garanteed memory. I'm not sure I can find such memory at my location. Could you clarify this issue, please? 

Hi, You need part number  641369-001 and you can buy from HP Store, a good computer dtore in your country or Amazon:     http://www.amazon.com/HP-641369-001-4GB-1600MHZ-PC3-12800/dp/B016L3XDA8 Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Memory-upgrade/td-p/5604322
Relevancy 41.28%

I have an Athlon based PC with DDR 2100 256M memory.
I wanted to upgrade my memory to 512M. I purchased another
memory module DDR2100 256M. The PC will only work with one
module in place. If both are inserted the PC boots up showing
the increased memory size. but it will not run windows. Just get
several error messages including reload windows?
Can anyone help. Have heard about this problem before and it
was due to a PC power supply problem. My supplier says that
I have an AMD approved power supply and this should not cause the problem.

Relevancy 41.28%

i wanted to know wich memory to buy for this kind of motherboard
http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/pb/mb/houston3+r.htm

any sugestion?

Relevancy 41.28%

Hi Guys, i have just upgraded my RAM to Kingston HyperX 4x2 GB howerever CPUz still shows my RAM speed at 667 and not 800. I have been though the BIOS and can`t find any settings that are relevent

Specs are;

Win 7 64
AMD Phenom 2 x4 965 Black Edition 3.4ghz
ASUS M4A78LT-M Motherboard
Kingston 64gb SSD - Samsung 500gb HD
8gb DDR3 RAM
ATI HD5750 1gb GPU
BeQuiet Pure Power 530w PSU

Relevancy 41.28%

hi goodmorning can someone please tell me how much memory i can install on my pc and also what size sticks i should buy thanks for any help memory upgrade heres my pc details Windows memory upgrade XP Home Edition Service Pack build Compaq Presario EA - MODEL System Serial Number D KQNTB G Enclosure Type Mini-Tower Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon XP kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Board Compaq Ch Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Compaq K Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space Compaq DVD-ROM SD-M CD-ROM drive HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE- B CD-ROM drive quot format removeable media Floppy drive Maxtor E L Hard drive GB -- drive s n E VEWRKE rev NAR EA SMART Status Healthy WDC WD EB- CPF Hard drive GB -- drive s n WD-WMAAU rev G SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Installed Memory Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM has MB Slot DIMM has MB Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free d NTFS on drive GB GB free Network Drives None detected Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accounts last logon alan admin local system accounts Administrator never admin Guest never HelpAssistant never SUPPORT a never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account None detected Controllers Display Standard floppy disk memory upgrade controller Primary IDE Channel Controller Secondary IDE Channel Controller VIA Bus Master IDE Controller NVIDIA GeForce MX MX Microsoft Corporation Display adapter S Graphics Inc ProSavage Display adapter LGE M A Monitor quot vis February Bus Adapters Multimedia VIA Rev or later USB Universal Host Controller x VIA AC Audio Controller WDM Communications Other Devices Thomson ST Remote NDIS Device primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address F D Networking Dns Servers Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard PS Compatible Mouse USB Root Hub x Virus Protection Back to Top No details available Missing Microsoft Security Hotfixes Back to Top These required security hotfixes using the Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary were not found installed Note CIS benchmarks require that Critical and Important severity security hotfixes must be installed Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Moderate details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - memory upgrade Important details Q - Moderate details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Moderate details Q - Moderate details Q - Moderate details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Moderate details Q - Moderate details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Low details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Moderate details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Moderate details Q - Moderate details Q - Critical details Q - Critical details Q - Low details Q - Critical details Q - Important details Q - Critical details Q - Moderate details Q - Critical details Installed Microsoft Hotfixes Back to Top DataAccess Q on details Internet Explorer SP SP Q details Q details Q details Windows XP SP KB on details KB on details Q on details Q on details Q on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details KB on details No details available Click here to see all available Microsoft security hotfixes for this... Read more

Hi,

Use the Crucial web site memory selector which will tell you all you need to know.

http://www.crucial.com

Select make then model and let the program tell you what memory you need.

Guaranteed to fit and work with a lifetime warranty.

hth

Ceri

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/memory-upgrade.519322/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am unsure of what memory to get if I upgraded my PC. See attached for pc specs.

A:Possible memory upgrade

Sworth said:

I am unsure of what memory to get if I upgraded my PC. See attached for pc specs.Click to expand...

If you're talking about RAM, go here http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/
it'll tell you everything you need to know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/possible-memory-upgrade.181762/
Relevancy 41.28%

I am in the middle of a problem I have an Aspire Acer Computer with Intel Pentium II on it am running Windows My C Drive is almost completely full I bought a PNY Technologies Memory Master Upgrade Kit mbSDRAM from the local Staples store today I got home with it and opened up the computer to try to install it and have now discovered even though it looks like it would plug right in it doesn t I called Staples they tell me there s something else in there the old memory I guess is what they are telling me that I am supposed to have to take out and replace with this one I have no clue what I am doing with this more Kit and Memory Upgrade and they would charge me for what they said was a less than minute process I am in the process of writing a genealogy book I have massive Memory Upgrade Kit and more amounts of information stored in this computer that I could probobly never replace so I can t take any chances on messing anything up Money is tight so spending for that is not a good idea Also I am wondering if someone can tell me what these error messages may mean and what I can do about them too When I first boot up computer I get these three messages that come up right away the system can t find these three files that the system Ini or windows registry refers to vnetsup vxd vredir vxd and drs vxd Then after Windows comes up I get this cannott find file specified- msnp dll then unable to load dynamic link library- some or all of the following feature not available Microsoft Network ANY help at all to get these resolved would be greatly appreciated nbsp