Windows Support Forum

Lenovo c580 wouldn't start

Q: Lenovo c580 wouldn't start

Hi, I recently bought a new laptop from other country, its brand new. Lenovo c580 with 6gb ram and 1tb hard drive. when I click on Start button, nothing happens, the laptop doesn't start. I tried to charge it, but still no luck. I can see battery is charging but it doesn't start
Any ideas?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Lenovo c580 wouldn't start

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Lenovo c580 wouldn't start

Sorry its lenovo g580

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-c580-wouldnt-start.196294/
Relevancy 73.53%

Please help!

I have a Windows XP laptop. That Laptop was working fine until I moved to a friend's place and joined his Wireless Network.

Now, I have been unable to launch Spybot, update Spybot, update Norton Antivirus and the links on my Google searches for help get redirected to Ask.com or some other website.

I searched some of your blogs using my friend's computer. So, I have downloaded CCleaner, HijackThis and ComboFix, but don't know how to use them.

I use my computer for pretty much everything and it would be a pity if I am unable to ever use it again.

Please help!

A:Spybot Wouldn't Start, Google searches redirected, Wouldn't Do Norton LiveUpdate, Virus Scan Clean

Here is a little bit more detail.

I have been using my laptop securely for one year now. The new problem appeared when I connected to my friend's wireless connection. He uses an AirPort Express wireless router with his Mac.

I recently noticed that each time I would go to google.com to search something, the search results would appear like usual. However, whenever I would try and click one result, I would get redirected to Ask.com.

The problem became apparent when I tried to download Spybot updates. The software wouldn't even launch. I downloaded the update manually and installed it. Again, the software wouldn't launch.

Then, I tried to perform an antivirus update. I have been using the Norton Antivirus, which I got from my University. While the virus scans would be clean, the LiveUpdate wouldn't work.

Now, I am worried that my computer might be infected. I don't want to mess around with it because it has never really fully recovered from past infections and is very delicate.

I have been reading other blogs. And, I have been getting my hands on the tools that might be useful in solving the problem. However, I haven't used any because I understand that only experts can help me, if I don't want to risk losing everything on my computer. (I mention the tools in my older post.)

I would be grateful for some help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344431/spybot-wouldnt-start-google-searches-redirected-wouldnt-do-norton-liveupdate-virus-scan-clean/
Relevancy 57.62%

i m not sure if this is the right section as i ve just joined but basically a friend of mine wanted me to put some bits in for him now i ve changed cd-drives a few times and plugged my hard drive back in a few times after a friend who has done computer repairs for a company was showing me how to get down to the motherboard i put the Cd-drive in for this friend put the hard drive in took the ram out to see what type it was it ended up being different to the others so i put it back it all clicked into place like a good stick of ram should put the casing all back on plugged Computer Wouldn't Start the computer to the mains nothing immediately my blood ran cold and i was thinking quot oh dear quot i knew i hadn t done anything out of the ordinary it had me quite perplexed i unplugged the hard drive and the cd-drive put the casing back tried another power lead it started up so we took the power cable out i plugged the hard drive back in along with the cd-drive nothing again so i repeated the unplugging and put the power cable back in and nothing still i was convinced it must be a loose wire anyway my friend Computer Wouldn't Start rang his and he agreed it sounded like a loose wire he appeared the next day i wasn t there and said the ram was put in the wrong Computer Wouldn't Start way and that it had blown the PSU he put a new PSU in and it all worked now correct me if i m wrong but this sounds a little fishy first off it would blow the ram and not the PSU as the ammount of electricity flowing through the ram is SOOO minute and second to put the ram in wrong would leave the ram in pieces yes i ve seen you guys are good at problem solving so c mon guys what s your verdict loose wire inside the psu i ve never been in a PSU as i ve been told it s not wise nbsp

Relevancy 57.62%

my aunt's computer would't start. i would just show a black screen. then i hit esc. and the power button a bunch of times then it ran a scan to fix startup or something and it would randomly crash like that after. i posted on the virus forum and after a couple scans and stuff it seemed to be working fine. here is the link to the original posting. today after leaving it on for about 12 hours i came home and there was a window that said it recovered from an unexpected shutdown and had to restart. i was just wondering if you could run some scans to check everything out. the guy in the virus forum suggested that at the end.thanks in advance, les

A:computer wouldn't start

Have you tried running a diagnostic test for the RAM module and hard drive first? If the notebook have available utilities, please run them. Try also this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/434912/computer-wouldnt-start/
Relevancy 57.62%

I upgradet bios for asus P5E3 motherboard and it seemed like everything was ok - windows 7 64bit loaded and was working properly. What I changed as well was setting that puts computer to sleep after 3 hours. I used to have issue that while in sleep mode I need to press restart button and windows resumes back. Well today when I switch it on all lights are on fans are on but it wouldn't even start loading bios. I tried to unplug from mains and switch it back on but it wouldn't work.

A:BIOS wouldn't start

First I would see if the PC will boot from the OS disc.

Reset the Bios to defaults by removing the CMOS battery.

Flash the Bios again.

Check the CMOS battery is not flat, anything under 2.8V replace it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-wouldnt-start.161552/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I had a BSOD yesterday Message is as follows ----------------------------start of BOSD message------------------------- A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you have seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall any antivirus disk defragmentation or backup utilities Check your hard disk configuration and check for any updated drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your BSOD... PC help... start wouldn't now...pls computer technical information STOP x x FE xF B xF B x Beginning dump of memory Physical memory dump complete contact your technical support BSOD... PC wouldn't start now...pls help... for further assistance -----------------End of BOSD------------------ My PC Specification Dell Dimension Pentium CPU GHz GHz MB of RAM Windows XP professional edition The problem I now faced is that my PC couldn t even start now And of the lights on the back of my Dimension are red when I turn on my BSOD... PC wouldn't start now...pls help... computer All it does now is beeps a bunch of times and windows tries to start up but freezes half way on the screen Also the fan starts going really fast and is very loud The diagnostic light the back of my PC A green B red C red D green Expert advice is greatly appreciated Many thanks nbsp

A:BSOD... PC wouldn't start now...pls help...

Stop 0x00000024 or NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM

The Stop 0x24 message indicates that a problem occurred within Ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS file system drives. A similar Stop message, 0x23, exists for the file allocation table (FAT16 or FAT32) file systems.

Possible Resolutions:

Malfunctioning SCSI and Advanced Technology Attachment (ATA) hardware or drivers can also adversely affect the system's ability to read and write to disk, causing errors. If using SCSI hard disks, check for cabling and termination problems between the SCSI controller and the disks. Periodically check Event Viewer for error messages related to SCSI or FASTFAT in the System log or Autochk in the Application log.
Verify that the tools you use to continually monitor your system, such as virus scanners, backup programs, or disk defragmenters are compatible with Windows XP. Some disks and adapters come packaged with diagnostic software that you can use to run hardware tests.
To test hard disk or volume integrity

Method 1:

In the Run dialog box, in the Open box type:
cmd

Start the Chkdsk tool, which detects and attempts to resolve file system structural corruption. At the command prompt type:
chkdsk drive: /f

Method 2:

Double-click My Computer, and then select the hard disk you want to check.
On the File menu, click Properties.
Click the Tools tab.
In the Error-checking box, click Check Now.
In Check disk options, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box. You can also select the Automatically fix file system errors check box.
If the volume you are checking is in use, a message asks whether you want to delay disk error checking until the next time you restart your computer. After you restart, disk error checking runs and the volume chosen is not available to run other tasks during this process. If you cannot restart the computer due to the error, use safe mode or Recovery Console.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-pc-wouldnt-start-now-pls-help.578517/
Relevancy 57.62%

Last night, I shut down my computer normally but today when I turned it on, windows refuse to start.

It takes me straight to the start up repair thing (sorry clearly I'm computerly-retarded) but that fails giving either an error saying "The error cannot be written" or snaps to a BSoD mentioning something may be damaged with the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Same thing happens when I try to do a system restore. No matter what date I pick, I get either that error or another BSoD

I don't think I installed anything new recently or downloaded anything either.

I'm sure I'm leaving things I should've mentioned. So please let me know if there's any other information I can provide.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 57.62%

My problem is my internet browser - Mozilla Firefox 3.0.4 - wouldn't start at all. I try to open it but it does nothing. I first noticed this problem with my google chrome browser, I don't use Chrome that much anyway so i just uninstalled Chrome. But earlier today it happened to my firefox too!

But when I am running my Windows XP in safe mode, firefox does run. I tried disabling all plugins and addons on firefox then returning to Windows Standard Mode, but firefox still won't run.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Firefox wouldn't start at all. Need help

Nevermind. It works now.... Mysteriously. I think the addon disabling actually worked

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/185573/firefox-wouldnt-start-at-all-need-help/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys I am hoping you can help me I put my pc in sleep mode when I go to sleep and I have been doing so without problems This morning when I woke up my pc would not wake up I would hit a key or push the power button and nothing would happen only the numpad light would go on when I pushed a button and would turn off as soon as I let go I hit the switch on the back of my pc sleep boot out and mode properly PC come then wouldn't wouldn't waited seconds then turned my pc PC wouldn't come out sleep mode and then wouldn't boot properly back on There were no problems initially the Gigabyte splash screen came up but the windows did not shut down properly screen did not show up just a black screen with a blinking dash It was like that for a minute at most then it was just a black screen I went to another pc to see what was wrong with mine I came back a few minutes later and saw my mouse cursor but it would not move when I moved the mouse only the loading circle showed up I left again and when I came back the browser page I had on when I went to bed was on screen but everything was frozen The start menu Steam minimize window nothing would respond to my clicks I left and came back again and saw the last thing I clicked Steam was on screen and my pc was fine Does anyone know what happened

A:PC wouldn't come out sleep mode and then wouldn't boot properly

It can very well be a one time thing. You can check some hardware if you so wish though:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Get HWInfo (start with sensors) or similar temperature app for these two:
Use Prime95 and Intel Burn Test for CPU testing.
FurMark and Intel Burn Test for GPU testing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/376813-pc-wouldnt-come-out-sleep-mode-then-wouldnt-boot-properly.html
Relevancy 57.19%

HI,
i was trying to install a software on a win2000 machine, the thing won't start up, i clicked on the set up file to open it , and the hour glass appears and dissapears instantly. it works firn on other machines.
the softwares name is "Cartographer" its used to map an excel file into different formats that we need for our work application.
i tried other cds to check the drive , the drive is working fine.
could it possibly be something conflicting with it that wouldn't let it run?

thanks in advance

A:Solved: software set up wouldn't start

Never Mind
I Tried It Again And Worked. I Guess It Was Just A Glitch In The System.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-software-set-up-wouldnt-start.265438/
Relevancy 57.19%

Alright before I get into any details about this problem, my computer is:

AMD Athlon 2500+
1 GB RAM
120GB HDD
GeForce 5200 FX
Gigabyte GA 7VT600 (motherboard)

I turned on my pc and I hear the CPU starting. My DVD rom drive seems to be working and I see both green and red lights on the CPU and both stay on the whole time. However nothing appears on my monitor.

Please help!

A:Computer wouldn't start/boot.

nayke: Do you have any way to check the output of the power supply unit? or another PSU to use?
Also, check inside your box to be sure that the video card and memory sticks are fully seated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wouldnt-start-boot.594202/
Relevancy 57.19%

I can't start my firewall up in services. When i try to start it, it says " Error 2: The system cannot find the file specified. " Can someone please help me this problem ASAP because the firewall is not activated so i am not safe.

A:Windows Firewall wouldn't start up HELP

This problem occurs if one or both of the files ipnathlp.dll or ipnat.sys are missing. To resolve this problem, extract a new copy of the missing file from the Windows XP CD-ROM. Ipnathlp.dll should be present in the %systemroot%\system32 folder, and ipnat.sys should be present in the %systemroot%\system32\drivers folder on the computer's hard disk. To extract the missing files, follow these steps:

* Insert the Windows XP disk into the CD drive.
* Click Start, click Run, type cmd in the Open box, and then click OK
* At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER.

expand X:\i386\ipnathlp.dl_ %systemroot%\system32\ipnathlp.dll

* Similarly, expand ipnat.sys file to the Drivers folder. Use the following command:

expand X:\i386\ipnat.sy_ %systemroot%\system32\drivers\ipnat.sys

X is the letter of your CD Drive
systemroot is where the windows folder is on your hard drive eg:
expand E:\i386\ipnathlp.dl_ C:\Windows\system32\ipnathlp.dll

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-firewall-wouldnt-start-up-help-359745.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Following the windows updates this wed, my pc wouldn't even start from a system restore.

It was maybe heading that way as it was taking 20 minutes to boot up - despite 8 Gb RAM to help it along.

I think one of the problems may be that it has never seemed top do many restore pointsd and there was only one choice for before the updates but even that didnt work. Now setting about the hours of work working out how to restore files from Livedrive.

First thing I notice - can't set the time to 24 hour clock (12 hr clock irritates m,e). Despite going into setting and chhoosing the capital HH for hours it still stays as 12 hour clock. Whats can the problem be here?

A:PC wouldn't start even from restore after Wed updates

Can't you do a system restore to a date prior to the problems? What error message do you get?
short time format is HH:mm?
long format is HH:mm:ss?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/208224-pc-wouldnt-start-even-restore-after-wed-updates.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi

My computer started to give warning that antivirus program isn't working
Using AVG anti-virus 2012 free edition on Win7 64 bit.

I ran ESET online scan, it found 12 "threats" and deleted them.
but the problem persists.

I suspect my computer is infected

please help.. 

A:AVG 2012 wouldn't start on boot

Welcome aboard   Download Security Check from here or here and save it to your Desktop. Double-click SecurityCheck.exe Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.NOTE 1. If one of your security applications (e.g., third-party firewall) requests permission to allow DIG.EXE access the Internet, allow it to do so.NOTE 2 SecurityCheck may produce some false warning(s), so leave the results reading to me. Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderOther ServicesPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply. Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result. Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop.* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.* Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtDownload Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.Unzip downloaded file.Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exeFollow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt Please download Rkill (courtesy of BleepingComputer.com) to your desktop.There are 2 different versions. If one of them won't run then download and try to run the other one.You only need to get one of these to run, not all of them. You may get warnings from your antivirus about this tool, ignore them or shutdown your antivirus.rKill.exe: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/10/iExplore.exe (renamed rKill.exe): http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/dl/11/Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.If using Vista or Windows 7 right-click on it and choose Run As Administrator.A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.Do not reboot until instructed.If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.If normal mode still doesn't work, run the tool from safe mode.When the scan is done Notepad will open with rKill log.Post it in your next reply.NOTE. rKill.txt log will also be present on your desktop.NOTE Do NOT wrap your logs in "quote" or "code" brackets.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/510814/avg-2012-wouldnt-start-on-boot/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi All,
Have an Acer laptop running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. Dual boot with Ubuntu. One day, Windows wouldn't start. Started Ubuntu, ran ClamAV, found 569 threats, deleted same. Now, Windows starts, but no internet or network at all. Plus, even though shortcuts and links still exist, programs can't run - get various error messages saying that the image cannot be displayed, or the file is missing.

Evidently, I deleted stuff I need to replace. The laptop came with no system install disk, so I can't just reload the missing files. What now?

A:Windows wouldn't start, fixed, now no internet

You should always have the discs to be able to repair the OS, no matter what the laptop shipped with. Download the proper one that matches your language, version, and platform. Then once burned, insert the disc in Windows, and run sfc /SCANNOW from an admin prompt.

Official Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Digital River ? My Digital Life

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/265326-windows-wouldnt-start-fixed-now-no-internet.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey there So I may have a plethora of problems so I apologize in advanced if we this can't be resolved with one solution help Please errors and start, 8.1 Windows wouldn't MalwareBytes What let me to start a topic is the error I recieved when trying to load MalwareBytes Anti-malware I have been unable to replicate it since the first occurance I fear its MalwareBytes errors and wouldn't start, Windows 8.1 Please help because of an accumulation of other problems that usually occur after a system-update restart I've noticed an RTFTracker error RVC is already running and also an Intellipad TouchPad error Here MalwareBytes errors and wouldn't start, Windows 8.1 Please help is the FARBAR log Scan MalwareBytes errors and wouldn't start, Windows 8.1 Please help result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by Brian D administrator on BRIAN - - Running from C Users Brian D Downloads Loaded Profiles Brian D Available Profiles Brian D Platform Windows X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser FF Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxCUIService exe Apple Inc C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe Apple Inc C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe Microsoft Corporation C Program Files Microsoft Office ClientX officeclicktorun exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine N exe Nitro PDF Software C Program Files Common Files Nitro PDF Professional NitroPDFDriverService x exe Nalpeiron Ltd C Windows SysWOW NLSSRV EXE Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows Microsoft NET Framework v WPF PresentationFontCache exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxEM exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxHK exe CyberLink C Program Files x Lenovo YouCam YCMMirage exe Symantec Corporation C Program Files x Norton Security Suite Engine N exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System GWX GWX exe Realtek semiconductor C Windows RTFTrack exe Synaptics C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynLenovoGestureMgr exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System rundll exe Lenovo C Program Files Lenovo Onekey Theater OnekeyStudio exe Lenovo Beijing Limited C Program Files x Lenovo Energy Management Energy Management exe Motorola Solutions Inc C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth devmonsrv exe Lenovo beijing Limited C Program Files x Lenovo Energy Management utility exe Motorola Solutions Inc C Program Files x Intel Bluetooth obexsrv exe CyberLink Corp C Program Files x Lenovo YouCam YouCamTray exe CyberLink Corp C Program Files x Lenovo PowerDVD PDVD Serv exe Microsoft C Program Files x Lenovo Intelligent Touchpad IntelligentTouchpad exe Oracle Corporation C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe Apple Inc C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe Apple Inc C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components LMS LMS exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components UNS UNS exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System calc exe Mozilla Corporation C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Adobe Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe Adobe Systems Inc C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashPlayerPlugin exe C Program Fi... Read more

A:MalwareBytes errors and wouldn't start, Windows 8.1 Please help

**Update** I have been able to load Malwarebytes after a couple days since I first experienced this, and it loaded just fine.  Updated, ran a scan, but found no infections.  >.<

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591070/malwarebytes-errors-and-wouldnt-start-windows-81-please-help/
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently had a scare with my computer not starting up properly It was stuck on an infinite loop start Computer a wouldn't back this virus? is up, of trying to do startup repair and restoring my computer to an earlier time At the time when it stopped working I was on vacation in another state and I thought it was toast so I kind of said screw it there's nothing i can do about it right now without a flash drive My Computer wouldn't start back up, is this a virus? computer has been sluggish as of recently and I tried everything to fix it CCleaner Auslogics Disk Defrag scheduled everyday a manual disk check virus scans removing unneeded programs scanning with different virus programs etc but nothing seemed to make it go faster On the day it wouldn't start up I opened my laptop and attempted to move the cursor using the trackpad but it was hardly responding and moving erratically across the screen I thought it was just going slow as it usually was so then I did a hard reboot and then that's when I couldn't start it back up A few days later after several attempts my computer was able to restore to an earlier time I'm still not satisified I want to be sure there is no viruses on here What programs should I download or what steps should I take to ensure that I don't have an infection

A:Computer wouldn't start back up, is this a virus?

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/554574 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/554574/computer-wouldnt-start-back-up-is-this-a-virus/
Relevancy 55.9%

I got message in Word that there was insufficienmt memory to perform an operation so I rebooted. My PC wouldn't reboot and there was no last known good configuration so I ended up having to reinstall windows (had only installed it a month ago) Why should there have been no restore pointsa? Doesn't it automatically set them?

A:No system restore points after Windows wouldn't start

My usual disclaimer: I'm not an expert at anything.

It's my understanding that System Restore and Last Known Good Configuration (LKGC) are not the same thing. LKGC concentrates only on the system configuration and drivers whereas System Restore monitors all system folders including the desktop and is a snapshot of the last time that the computer booted successfully. In other words, System Restore saves more data than LKGC and they are independent of each other (although they do save some of the same data.) By rebooting it's possible that a working LKGC was overwritten. This is an older article but it gives a bit more info about the differences between System Restore and LKGC.

CyberNotes: System Restore vs. Last Known Good Configuration

To make sure that your computer creates restore points, these articles may help:

Restore Points (Windows)

System Restore - Enable or Disable

windows 7 is not saving restore points, can you save them manually to - Microsoft Community

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/266249-no-system-restore-points-after-windows-wouldnt-start.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello, my name is Gilberto Barrion. I've recently built a new Pc and I believe it is infected by some sort of virus/malware.

When I start up my Pc it would not start microsoft essentials or windows firewall. Saying the service has stopped, when I try to start it -prompts me to close all apps and restart.
my xfast program also spikes saying it has too many connections at the time (dunno what this means).

How do I fix this problem, how do I prevent this in the future (if this problem gets fixed).

Thank you for your time in reading this, hopefully we can find a solution

A:Windows 7 security center won't start and wouldn't turn on

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Devices (do NOT change any settings here)List Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456345/windows-7-security-center-wont-start-and-wouldnt-turn-on/
Relevancy 55.9%

First I'd like to say I'm sorry if I did anything wrong or am wasting anyone's time but I'm pretty worried I have a Sony vaio bit running windows Yesterday I woke up and my laptop was stuck on a black screen and no matter how many times I tried it would just get past the vaio logo then go to said black screen I can't afford a new laptop anywhere near this quality so I freaked out and went Laptop C and start, then wouldn't drive couldn't I access online trying to figure out what was going on After a while I saw the option to reset windows which I though was the problem but keep all my files in the boot menu so I tried that It Laptop wouldn't start, and then I couldn't access C drive got my laptop to start but that's when I realized just how screwed up it was I could access anything on my desktop but my C drive said it was zero bytes and wouldn't even let me access it I couldn't open the task manager either they both said the path was inaccessible At this point I realized I messed up and probably had a virus so I started looking stuff up in that area I started it in safe mode and I could use the task manager again and I ran rkill and unhide as I saw suggested somewhere After that I noticed a bunch of weird stuff in the base of my C drive so I installed malwarebytes and ran a search but it came up with nothing more than a couple files that had been on the cpu for years and weren't Trojans or anything At this point I was pretty aggravated and felt helpless so I just decided to wipe my whole computer and reset it to factory condition After that finished it started fine and nothing was locked so I reinstalled malwarebytes and ran a search As it was scanning my files my computer that was offline told me I needed to restart and I left that in the background After a while near the end of the scan my laptop just crashed and said it was searching for a problem I could be fine but I'm definitely worried that I still have a virus and don't want to risk putting it online until I'm sure it's safe Thanks anyone who read through all this and now I'll post the log Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by I Hate You administrator on VAIO - - Running from C Users I Hate You Desktop Loaded Profiles I Hate You Available Profiles I Hate You Platform Windows X Language English United States Internet Explorer Version Default browser IE Boot Mode Normal Tutorial for Farbar Recovery Scan Tool http www geekstogo com forum topic -frst-tutorial-how-to-use-farbar-recovery-scan-tool Processes Whitelisted If an entry is included in the fixlist the process will be closed The file will not be moved Qualcomm Atheros Commnucations C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite AdminService exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe Intel reg Corporation C Program Files Intel iCLS Client HeciServer exe Intel Corporation C Program Files x Intel Intel reg Management Engine Components DAL Jhi service exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony PlayMemories Home PMBDeviceInfoProvider exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgr exe Atheros C Program Files x Bluetooth Suite Ath CoexAgent exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center VESMgrSub exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW dllhost exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe Microsoft Corporation C Windows System dllhost exe Sony Corporation C Program Files x Sony VAIO Control Center NetworkSetting NetworkClient exe Synaptics Incorporated C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPHelper exe Realtek Semiconductor C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVBg exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxtray exe Intel Corporation C Windows System hkcmd exe Intel Corporation C Windows System igfxpers exe Kaspersky Lab ZAO C Program Files x Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe Sony Corporation ... Read more

A:Laptop wouldn't start, and then I couldn't access C drive

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===No walware was found in your logs.Just clean these items.Press the windows key + r on your keyboard at the same time. This will open the RUN BOX.Type Notepad and and click the OK key.Please copy the entire contents of the code box below to the a new file. start
CreateRestorePoint:
EmptyTemp:
CloseProcesses:

HKLM-x32\...\Run: [] => [X]
HKU\S-1-5-21-3692547867-3164865180-4134751076-1001\...\MountPoints2: {f43725dd-0ff8-11e6-be73-a41731d2c912} - "E:\VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant_installer.exe"
SearchScopes: HKLM -> DefaultScope value is missing
SearchScopes: HKLM-x32 -> DefaultScope value is missing

End
Save the file as fixlist.txt in the same folder where the Farbar tool is running from.The location is listed in the 3rd line of the Farbar log you have submitted.Run FRST and click Fix only once and wait.Restart the computer normally to reset the registry.The tool will create a log (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.===Your version of Java is outdated and needs to be updated to take advantage of fixes that have eliminated security vulnerabilities.You can manually check your present version and update as recommended.https://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jspBe careful not to install malware posing as Java update!Important read this blog.http://blog.trendmicro.com/trendlabs-security-intelligence/malware-poses-as-an-update-for-java-0-day-fix/Quoted from the page."In light of the recent events surrounding Java, users must seriously consider their use of Java. Do they really need it? If yes, make sure that users follow the steps we recommended and get the security update directly from the official oracle website." at:http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.htmlHow to disable Java in your browsershttp://www.infoworld.com/t/web-browsers/how-disable-java-in-your-browsers-210882If still present after the update you can remove the old version(s) of Java via the Control Panel > Programs and Features applet.Java™ 7 Update 5 (64-bit) (HKLM\...\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F86417005FF}) (Version: 7.0.50 - Oracle)Java™ 7 Update 5 (HKLM-x32\...\{26A24AE4-039D-4CA4-87B4-2F83217005FF}) (Version: 7.0.50 - Oracle)===Make sure you have all the latest Microsoft updates.However Windows 8 is no longer support and if all is well I suggest you update to the recommended version 8.1Update to Windows 8.1 from Windows 8http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/update-from-windows-8-tutorialPlease let me know of any remaining issues with this computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612754/laptop-wouldnt-start-and-then-i-couldnt-access-c-drive/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have a Dell Inspiron running clicking that Slow up website after close start wouldn't XP Service Pack It was Slow start up after clicking website that wouldn't close doing ok until I searched google for something last week and clicked Slow start up after clicking website that wouldn't close on a website that wouldn t let me leave I got it to close by going to task manager Since then though my computer takes at least minutes to boot up Sometimes it takes longer It will slow on the Dell screen and then on the following screens Once it gets to the sign in screen it s fine I also cannot play most Slow start up after clicking website that wouldn't close games anymore I have avast anti-virus runnning and it found Win Rootkit-gen and moved it to the chest It hasn t found anything since I ve run Malwarebytes SuperAntispyware and Spybot and they all come back clean My computer won t boot into safe mode I tried yesterday and it hung after listing things it was loading I finally turned it off and then turned it back on I let it run the check since the system wasn t shut down properly and it took about hours for that to complete because it is so slow The real reason that I think it must be something on the computer is because of that website that wouldn t allow me to close it I don t even remember what it was but I think I was looking for a coupon for something at the time The next morning after the computer had been shut down was when the problem started Can someone tell me what else I can do to try and find out what s wrong Thanks for any help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368346/slow-start-up-after-clicking-website-that-wouldnt-close/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi Does anyone know where I can get or compare samples of music online that range from the best quality to the average so that I can perhaps decide what is best for me Some background - I have the remnants of I to my - samples ripping want start time before wouldn't waste Sound a half decent Hi-Fi system with a decent amp and speakers and have a quality sound card for the computer Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD and after having listened to vinyl for decades I hope I can still appreciate the difference between good and average quality even Sound samples before I start ripping - wouldn't want to waste my time at my age I gather that EAC Sound samples before I start ripping - wouldn't want to waste my time is thought of as perhaps the best option for ripping CDs and would like to know if it is Sound samples before I start ripping - wouldn't want to waste my time worth the effort over simpler methods From what I have gleaned from various forums it is essentially down to your own hearing ability The storage aspect doesn't bother me as I don't tend to play my music on mobile devices that much Thanks for any help

A:Sound samples before I start ripping - wouldn't want to waste my time

A "wav" file is a full fidelity file. Any compressed type file, e.g. MP3, FLAC or whatever is "something less than full fidelity". How much less depends on the compression. I don't know of anyplace that has a comparision between different file formats. The best option would be to make them yourself and then compare to see if you want to use one of the compressed formats or stay with the full fidelity wav file.

Another thing to consider, if you convert a wav file to some compressed format, you cannot recover the full fidelity if you convert it back to a wav file; it will be at the fidelity of the compressed file.

The "best" option obviously is the wav format.

I have a computer based recording studio.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/192291-sound-samples-before-i-start-ripping-wouldnt-want-waste-my-time.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi

My laptop appears to have been infected. Firstly I had McAfee automatically disabled and the windows security center couldn't start (a message apepars everytime I try to enable it). And secondly, a pop up comes with server busy title and options to switch to, retry and cancel.

Now, I have gone into safe mode with networking and have done a full scan using the McAfee, the scan came out clean. Then I did the System File Checking scan that didn't detect anything either and also attemtped a Malicious scan from MS windows site which finished with no detection as well. Finally tried to fix the registry with no success.

So, now I'm left with nothing to try and would certainly appreciate your time if you can come up with suggestions.

Thanks
WS

A:Possible infection - windows security center wouldn't start & server busy

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/491515 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/491515/possible-infection-windows-security-center-wouldnt-start-server-busy/
Relevancy 43.86%

I have been having several issues with my laptop From the very beginning last May I have had a light spot on the screen that didn't bother me but it has grown over will start Lenovo not Y50 the last year and it eventually made the touch screen malfunction so that it thought Lenovo Y50 will not start I was pressing at that point I ended up disabling the touch screen so I could still work nbsp Now my laptop has been acting up even worse A couple of weeks ago my laptop randomly shut off while I was using it The screen stopped working but the power light was still on I restarted it and it worked Then about two weeks later it happened again Restarting it worked again nbsp nbsp Today the same issue came up but now it won't restart and it does not work at all The charging light is lit up when I plug the charger in and when I first press the power button the power button lights up but that's it nbsp nbsp I have been searching for a solution but I can't find anything I think that the motherboard or hard drive must have some issue but I can't seem to find the way to contact support and find out how to repair nbsp Another thing I checked the warranty and it says it works until but it detects it as a cell phone not my Y laptop This is the S N that is printed on my actual laptop too I know my warranty should still be active but this is just weird I'm really disappointed at how fragmented all the support information is from Lenovo nbsp nbsp

A:Lenovo Y50 will not start

Call Lenovo Support and open an ticket right away.      LENOVO CUSTOMER SERVICE855-253-6686Mon-Fri 9am-7pm EST  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-will-not-start/td-p/3319214
Relevancy 43.86%

When I press power key, the power flash lights on and i the fan starts for few seconds, and then nothing. I tried to enter in bios, but when I press the boot button, nothing happened only the power flash lights on. I tried to start only with battery or only with charger, but nothing. Any idea?

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

A:B50 - My lenovo won't start

Welcome to the Lenovo Community !

Posting what Lenovo model you own would be helpful to those responding.

Have you tried the following reset procedure? ..........
1. Shut down Windows and unplug the charger / adapter. 2. Remove the battery. (If removable)3. Press and hold the Power Button for 15 seconds. 4. Re-install the battery, plug in the charger / adapter if needed and power up the system to see if the problem was resolved.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/B50-My-lenovo-won-t-start/td-p/3429070
Relevancy 43.86%

I have G50-80 for half a year now, no problems before, but 2 days ago, when i shot down my laptop i cant turn it on anymore. When i press the power button only LED lamp light up for few seconds, i can hear HDD and GPU Fan spin, but they also stop after 2-3 seconds. So for i've tried hard rebooting and connecting to external display. When only on battery GPU Fan won't stop spinning, even if laptop is shut down, after connecting AC adapter the fan stops spinning.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-80-won-t-start/td-p/3337063
Relevancy 43.43%

Good Evening start Z50-70 will from Lenovo Battery or not AC Po... nbsp I purchased a Lenovo Z - a year and five months ago It has been running perfectly fine until yesterday evening I had left it nbsp unattended for approximately hours plugged in charging when I returned I was using it for around mins and then I noticed that the battery was low even tho it was battery it was saying mins to fully charge it then turned off and refused to restart until I unplugged the AC but when I plugged the AC in once it had started it just turned off I tried the power Lenovo Z50-70 will not start from Battery or AC Po... button solution that was posted press times in seconds and restarted the Laptop it started fine and I plugged the AC in and it stayed on but the battery led was flashing orange Still would not charge and then the battery ran out and the Laptop turned off and I can't get it to work now I have tried to use the laptop with just the AC but it will not work I Lenovo Z50-70 will not start from Battery or AC Po... have ordered a new battery hopefully that will work but I am wondering if it should aleast Lenovo Z50-70 will not start from Battery or AC Po... work on just the AC for the moment nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Z50-70-will-not-start-from-Battery-or-AC-Power/td-p/3319167
Relevancy 43.43%

My Lenovo Flex 2 15 is about six weeks old. On occasion I will sign on, the system will boot up then after a few seconds the screen will shrink to half size on the left side of the screen then I will get a blank screen followed immediately by the start up screen. I will log in again and everything could be all right or it could take 3 more tries.  The McAfee virus scan found no issues and the free version of Glary Utiities came back okay. Is this a virus issue or a Lenovo issue?

A:Lenovo start up issues

Sounds more like a graphics card problem. You might try checking to confirm you have the latest drivers. If you do an uninstall, reboot and reinstall might also be worth your time.

Dick

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/571271/lenovo-start-up-issues/
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi!I recently bought a Lenovo M30-70 in second hand, the guy who sold it to me said that he didnt know anything about it!It didnt have any RAM or HDD when i got it, I put a DDR3L 4GB RAM Stick in it, but when i start it the power button and power indicator light up for a couple of seconds then turns off. Nothing more happens...Anyone got any ideas what might be the problem?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-M30-70-Wont-Start/td-p/3346242
Relevancy 43.43%

So I was using my laptop last night while it was plugged in. Although it said it was charging, the battery level kept going down to the point it was on 0%. But while there, the laptop still ran for at least 15 minutes, then it died. I tried another outlet but it wouldn't charge and now I can't get on my computer. I tried the battery draining method hoping it would work but it didn't. Is my computer done for or is it able to be saved?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G50-Won-t-Start-Up-Or-Charge/td-p/3392275
Relevancy 43.43%

my lenovo flex 2 has not been used for about three months and now will not start even with the power cable attached. Have left it to charge for 1.5 hours and still it will not start. Any ideas?

A:why will my lenovo flex 2 not start up?

Dead laptophttp://is.gd/93NPwVunbootable laptophttp://is.gd/2z9bb5http://www.laptoprepair101.com/lapt...http://www.laptoprepair101.com/lapt...http://community.spiceworks.com/how...http://lifehacker.com/5886801/what-...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/why-will-my-lenovo-flex-2-not-start-up/1762.html
Relevancy 43.43%

Hello, How are you? I am new to the community.I am facing an issue with my Lenovo Laptop G 500. The brief is as follows: When Plugged in, the LED light of Battery is on (White color). But when I press the power On Button/recover button, the Power LED Light starts for a second and then both LED lights (Power and Battery) goes off. The screen flashes but goes off immediately. I have tried to unplug the powercord and took out the battery and then pressed the start button for 30 seconds and then reinstalled the battery and plugged in the powercord. But same thing happens again. Addiitonal Info:- Fan doesnt work- CD ROM doesnt open What should I do? Thanks for help. regardsRavi 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G500-does-not-start/td-p/3425634
Relevancy 43.43%

Help please.  My computer stopped working under warranty was repaired returned yeaterday operating system was windows 8.1 upgraded to windows 10. After repair operating system reverted to 8.1. I went to microsoft community downloaded windows 10. computer worked no problem. When I shut it down and restarted it would not start instead I have a rotating circle and cursor but machine won't booth up. can someone help me please

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/Lenovo-C50-refuses-to-start/td-p/3386395
Relevancy 43.43%

Hi, i recently bought a laptop lenovo ideapad 100 ,everything went fine until today when i shut it down by keeping pressed the power button , now the laptop won't start . I can see the power and charging light turned on but no fan noise and everithing is turned off.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-ideapad-100-won-t-start/td-p/3327825
Relevancy 43.43%

Two won't Lenovo got laptop G50 wet Help! and start. days ago my cats knocked my laptop off Lenovo G50 laptop got wet and won't start. Help! my desk and then knocked a Lenovo G50 laptop got wet and won't start. Help! glass of water on top of it Arrgh anyone looking to adopt frisky cats After drying out for days it won t start at all No lights nothing Lenovo G50 laptop got wet and won't start. Help! I took it apart when it happened and wiped down whatever i could but because of how it landed like a tent end up i thought the motherboard and keyboard hadn t been affected so i didn t take off the top and check silly me So now I would like to do that but am not certain how it s done and don t want to mess it up well anymore than it is of course So here are my questions how do I take off top to check motherboard what am I looking at in terms of possible problem areas and how do I address them Its really important to have inexpensive solutions because I m disabled and have little in the way of extra income My computer is my pretty much my only entertainment and without it well I m sure you all understand Thx for all you do Looking forward to any solutions out there nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-g50-laptop-got-wet-and-wont-start-help.1167725/
Relevancy 43.43%

So, I recently upgraded my Lenovo OS to windows 10 and it was doing fine initially, but now it won't turn on. It goes to the welcome screen, I enter my password, and after that the thing just keeps "trying" to start, but won't budge, until I switch it off from the power button. I tried running recovery by pressing the one touch recovery key, but that did not work. I assume that when I installed the new OS, the recovery partition was "affected". I assume so. I have no idea what to do with it. Can anyone give me any suggestions? I would appreciate it. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/LENOVO-B570-won-t-start/td-p/3335943
Relevancy 42.57%

After windows updates last night , i shut down down my computer and today im trying to start it but nothing happens . I tried the , plug out charger , 15 sec power button and plug in , thing and I tried with 1 min hold too but , none of them works.  Only the battery light on , when I plug in the ac , power light is not working at all . Any suggestions

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-ideapad-100S-won-t-start/td-p/3480100
Relevancy 42.57%

Need ur help. Laptop was working perfectly. No problems. No issues. Yesterday after shutting down laptop, it not getting START. When i pressed power button, its power led and battery led lit up and nothing goes up.(Even optical drive tray and keyboard's backlight )Only the BLANK screen shows up. I have tried hard reset method but its not working and my laptop isnt in warranty period. Please help me.

A:Lenovo Y510p laptop won't start

Hi Adil,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums.

Kindly perform Power Drain and set BIOS default:
Try turning off and removing the battery first. With adapter charger unplug, press Power button for 15seconds to drain power inside.  Plug in adapter charger and press Novo button instead of the power key to turn it on for the Novo Menu  Choose BIOS setting  On Exit tab , load optimal default then Y then place battery back before save changes and exit.

Let us know how you get on.
Regards,
Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y510p-laptop-won-t-start/td-p/3309582
Relevancy 42.57%

I bought a Yoga 710 about two weeks ago from PC world and it had been working perfectly, until suddenly it will not start. The power button light will not turn on, the charging line will not turn on, it is completely unresponsive.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-710-wont-start/td-p/3440902
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello, I have lenovo thinkpad edge e530 with windows 7 Home Premium 64. I partitioned my HD with EeaseUS. It worked but it also caused a serious problem. I can't use anymore  my Lenovo One Key Recovery. It simply won't start. The good thinkg is that Lenofo_Rexovery parition is still present. I didn't delete it.  How to repair it? If you need any details please ask me.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Lenovo-Recovery-won-t-start-after-paritioning-with-EeaseUS/td-p/3381472
Relevancy 42.57%

MY computer had been acting very slow for a while and nothing would start up, and if it did it would take literrally five minutes. Now it will not go to start up screen and it will stay on a black screen. I can move the mouse and I can see the mouse arrow, but no matter how long I wait, it just stays there. Any ideas on what to do?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-flex-laptop-will-not-start-up/td-p/3337873
Relevancy 42.57%

I was trying to fix a problem with an old Thinkcenter M PC that makes the fan either working an full or at the lowest when PC Thinkcenter M58 beeps Start Lenovo the 16 speed depending on the occupied ram slot I have tried to remove nearly every caple from the mother board make CLR CMOS and CLR CMOSHW reset at the motherboard changing some bois options Put i have failed and give-up nbsp Now i have a new more serious problem and dont know what made nbsp it appear When I try to start the PC after a shutdown or make a system restart after about second and before the bios screen appear i hear nbsp fast beeps - - - nbsp beeps then the screen turn off i can hear the Fan the Harddisk is still running but noting happen nbsp After i press the turn off button for seconds the computer shutdown then pressing the turnon nbsp button again the computer starts normally after a short delay about secs and so on nbsp So I think the hardware is functioning normally but having to do this every time i turn on the PC is so irritating and noisy and it wasn't 16 beeps when the Lenovo Thinkcenter M58 PC Start like that when i started fixing the fan problem nbsp I have tried to nbsp flash the 16 beeps when the Lenovo Thinkcenter M58 PC Start Bios again from inside the Windows nbsp i have disabled 16 beeps when the Lenovo Thinkcenter M58 PC Start all the checks so i can flash the same version again but nothing change also used the nbsp Flash BIOS update CD ISO image version iso MB found here support lenovo com us en downloads ds nbsp by booting into a USB then flashing it but the problem didn't fix but now there is no nbsp Machine type Model or nbsp System Serial Number at the Bios information window Just Blank nbsp Tried to change the Ram slot Using the Setup Utility to load defaults and then press F to Save and exit but nothing changed although i can still log into the windows after the second restart nbsp nbsp nbsp I want nbsp to Perform a Boot-block recovery as per the manual nbsp but can't understand the meaning of this statment insert the POST BIOS update flash update disc into the optical drive nbsp Is it the Flash BIOS update CD ISO image version iso MB nbsp I think the problem may be caused by the one of the Bois Settings or the Bios firmware also what is the different between nbsp CLR CMOS and CLR CMOSHW reset at the motherboard nbsp as i have used both of them and i think the problem may be related to them nbsp Finally i am sorry for this detalied and long discription But i have spend two days to fix this problem untill i am so desperate although i think the solution is easy as I can start the windows normally after the second boot nbsp My PC PC Thinkcenter M pMotherboard LENOVO LGA Bios LENOVO CKT AUSOperating System Windows Xp ProChip Model Intel Q Q nbsp

A:16 beeps when the Lenovo Thinkcenter M58 PC Start

Is the problem is so hard ? no one knew the solution ?!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/16-beeps-when-the-Lenovo-Thinkcenter-M58-PC-Start/td-p/2197792
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi I am new here nbsp First of all sorry for my bad English I know maybe you heard this problem a lot but in my situation i couldn't fix this and it's driving me crazy nbsp Here is my laptop specs CPU Intel HQ Geforce GTX m GB Ram GB Display Lenovo Start Y50-70 Screen Black up UHD on K TB Lenovo Y50-70 UHD Black Screen on Start up HDD nbsp I bought this supercool I really like it laptop about month ago and everything were fine and great till now About weeks ago after a normal shutdown i noticed that when i star up my laptop i have no screen and just black I thought that it's a windows problem my windows was so messy and maybe it's time to do a clean installation again I did it and installed the latest version of Win latest was also but my problem was there still nbsp And the intersting part is when i blindly restart windows pushing Alt F and one direction down and enter my screen comes back on restart And yes in Black Screen mode when i plug an HDMI cable i have screen on external monitor but changin the screen mode i mean double screen extended and so won't do anything nbsp I read every forums and every solution in last weeks and nothing I installed Win i updated windows automaticly i did clean installs many times latest geforce drivers latest Intel drives disabled geforce from Bios refreshed and updated Bios disbaled Win fast boot and ect I am really tired of this and just want to enjoy my beautiful laptop again nbsp Anybody has a solution

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-UHD-Black-Screen-on-Start-up/td-p/3463837
Relevancy 42.57%

Good Morning, Yesterday my I tried to turn on my lenovo and it didnt finish the boot up. It will load the original lenovo logo with the spinning dots under it. It then goes to the screen where you would log in but it is black. Some of the icons flicker like the wifi icon and the pointer is visible. My guess is that it has to do with my graphics card since it will boot up but then is trying to load the main screen.What I tried to do is run my computer in safe mode but it doesnt budge. It just says automatic repair then goes to the blue screen to select safe mode which brings me back to the automatic repair that I cant get out of! Specs are:4th gen i7 4720HQWindows 8.1 Pro 64 bitNVIDIA Geforce GTX 960M 4GB15.6" UHD LED Glossy BacklightHybrid 1TB 5400 RPM + 8GB SSHD Any pointers?Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Y50-70-UHD-Start-up-just-goes-to-black-screen/td-p/3463896
Relevancy 42.57%

I have upgraded my to Windows 7 ultimate all seemed to load ok.
However when you turn the laptop on you just get Lenovo page saying press enter to enter bios and this keeps repeating its self I am sure there is an easy cure.
Thank You

A:Lenovo L520 looping at start

Please post back a screenshot of Disk Management - Post a Screen Capture Image.

Did you Clean Reinstall Windows 7 to Ultimate or insert the Product Key in Anytime Upgrade to unlock the few extra expensive features which almost no consumers need. Otherwise it is the exact same OS.

Try resetting BIOS to defaults, after taking note of SATA controller setting which optimally should be AHCI.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/376264-lenovo-l520-looping-start.html
Relevancy 42.57%

MY computer had been acting very slow for a while and nothing would start up, and if it did it would take literrally five minutes. Now it will not go to start up screen and it will stay on a black screen. I can move the mouse and I can see the mouse arrow, but no matter how long I wait, it just stays there. Any ideas on what to do?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-flex-laptop-will-not-start-up/td-p/3337873
Relevancy 42.57%

I have a lenovo t laptop fully patched and uptodate Here is what I am experiencingWhen I start my laptop afterwards Lenovo on up and T60 start slow - extremely it is very very slow The startup seems to be ok but when I first open IE or YM the response times are incredibly slow as in minutes Anything I do is delayed by about seconds to several minutes It does not matter what I click on it is very slow This continues until after about - minutes Then it seems to clear up and be normal I have performed the following actions TSG Info Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bitProcessor Intel Core CPU T GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM MbGraphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon X MbHard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard LENOVO CTO Not Available VF NS BE Antivirus Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabledran avast results no infections foundran malware results no infections foundran superantispyware results found Rogue Pallidium which is a false positive other than that not infections foundran ad-aware free results no infections foundran RKUnhookerLE exe v service release results nothing detectedHiJackThis logLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon Lenovo T60 - extremely slow on start up and afterwards exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC Lenovo T60 - extremely slow on start up and afterwards WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exeC WINDOWS system acs exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exeC Program Files ThinkPad Utilities DOZESVC EXEC Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exec PROGRA mcafee SITEAD mcsacore exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeD Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer Service exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files ThinkPad Utilities PWMDBSVC EXEC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files IObit Smart Defrag SmartDefrag exeD Program Files TeamViewer Version TeamViewer exeC Program Files Glary Utilities Integrator exeD Program Files TeamViewer Version tv w exeC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACTray exeC Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities ACWLIcon exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Yahoo Common YMailAdvisor exeC Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exeC WINDOWS system taskswitch exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exeC Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Logitech Vid HD Vid exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Windows Desktop Search WindowsSearch exeC Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXEC WINDOWS system taskmgr exeC WINDOWS system notepad exeC Program File... Read more

A:Lenovo T60 - extremely slow on start up and afterwards

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390336/lenovo-t60-extremely-slow-on-start-up-and-afterwards/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello my name is Dylan and I need some help with my laptop. I tried to contact Lenovo with an e-mail but I don't know how, so I am posting on here for help. I would just like to know how to fix my laptop to get it working right.tuallySo, when I start up my laptop, the keyboard lights up, the fan turns on, and the screen turns on but is all black. The Lenovo logo does not come up. There are usually small beeping noises that keep going. The only thing I can access is actually the Boot Menu / App Menu, but I cannot find a way to get my computer to work as normal. I usually run Windows 10.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-Flex-2-15-won-t-start-up-correctly-I-would-like-some-help/td-p/3327499
Relevancy 42.57%

the power is okay. the battery is okay but i cannot start it up

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lenovo-g405-laptop-cannot-start.1166525/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi, i recently bought a laptop lenovo ideapad 100 ,everything went fine until today when i shut it down by keeping pressed the power button , now the laptop won't start . I can see the power and charging light turned on but no fan noise and everithing is turned off.

A:Lenovo ideapad 100-15IBD won't start

Now i can hear the fan sometimes and other noises, it showed me once the lenovo start up screen but then it died again . Anyone have any other ideas?I tryed one key recovery and i forgot to mention that my windows 10 had a upgrade last night .

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-ideapad-100-15IBD-won-t-start/td-p/3327825
Relevancy 42.57%

Lenovo 3000 N200 : System BIOS shadowed / Video BIOS shadowed
Hi. My Laptop is a Lenovo 3000 N200 and the OS is MS Vista

Problem: It won't boot up beyond the initial window with the Lenovo and intel logos.

Tried 1: Going to BIOS using Lenovo Care Button. But in the next window the following message was given:

IEL10 BIOS Version 68ET27WW (V1.11)
CPU = 1 Processors Detected, Cores per Processor = 2
Intel (R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU T2330 @ 1.60GHz
1024M System Ram Passed
1024 KB L2 Cache
System BIOS shadowed
Video BIOS shadowed
ATAPI CD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GMA-4082N
Fixed Disk 0: HITACHI HTS54162J9SA00
Mouse initialized

A:My Lenovo N200 doesn't start up

Recommend running diagnostics against the hard drive to make sure it's okay. To do this, download and burn the Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD) to CD. It has Hard Drive diagnostics (plus much more). Simply boot your computer from this CD and select the utility you want to run.

Note: Seagate's Seatools will work with most any make of hard drive.​
The following instructions may prove helpful for burning the UBCD .iso file to disc: How can I write (burn) ISO files to CD or DVD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-lenovo-n200-doesnt-start-up.1127855/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I have faced a problem then my laptop setting keep reset after i turned off for a night and on back. For example, the battery "conservation mode" i set to ON before i off it and somehow, when i turn on the laptop, the battery continue charging till 100% instead stop at 60%(conservation mode). So i open "lenovo setting" and check, the conservation mode is in ON position but battery still keep charging till 100%. So i need to slide to off and again slide it On to activate back the mode. Could this application error? or what?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Setting-keep-reset-after-every-window-start-up/td-p/3310776
Relevancy 42.14%

i had upgraded to window 10 Pro quite a while ago and found out that my start up of my laptop is taking more that 5 minutes. i had disabled few apps but it didnt help. Can anyone advise on what i can do to reduce the start up time?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G480-start-up-very-slow-after-window-10-Pro-upgrade/td-p/3479629
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone After I discovered a Yoga horizontal pro up start 2 during Lenovo is screen rotation lock button on my Lenovo Yoga pro the start up screen has been out of sync It's not like I've broken it or something I just started using it and next time I Lenovo Yoga 2 pro screen is horizontal during start up turn the pc on the screen is vertical instead of horizontal and won't go back with the help of that rotation button it simply doesn't work I log in still looking at the vertical screen and when I'm on my desktop I have to switch a mode to a stand mode for example for the computer to actually switch to horizontal screen After that the vertical screen doesn't bother me until I have to turn the computer back again Can anyone please help me solve it Do you think it's something wrong with the button or it's something with the drivers I have previously switched from win to win which had a lot of driver problems and back to win which runs without a hitch apart from this particular issue Thanks in advance for all your help

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/74565-lenovo-yoga-2-pro-screen-horizontal-during-start-up.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello all nbsp I have a lenovo ideapad z with win home premium nbsp nbsp Around - years back I upgraded it to win home insider preview nbsp nbsp Everything was fine until months before nbsp it wasn't intercepting internet connection after much hassle I called in the technician and the problem solved but not fully sometime it would persist then I used internet forums to solve it temporarily nbsp nbsp Last week same internet problem surfaced nbsp shoes as connected but no pages loaded in any browser nbsp nbsp Did a system reset successfully Lenovo - ideapad at doesn't all Z560 start nbsp then after few minutes it was a blue screen showing that all processes died nbsp nbsp Did a reset again but it said reset failed nbsp nbsp And the system hanged nbsp I switched it off nbsp and tried to restart but it shows a black screen after lenovo logo screen nbsp nbsp Tried hardware unplugging draining out power supply all f -f buttons Z560 - Lenovo ideapad doesn't start at all don't work no safe mode options available one key recovery doesn't work for Z560 - Lenovo ideapad doesn't start at all win pressing power button for mins etc etc etc nbsp nbsp But the system keeps rebooting every few minutes with blank window after lenovo logo nbsp nbsp Calling technician isn't option cos I can't afford it now nbsp purchased in Oct nbsp dunno if it still lies in warranty nbsp nbsp Please help nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp nbsp Mod's Edit System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility clarity nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z560-Lenovo-ideapad-doesn-t-start-at-all/td-p/3366352
Relevancy 42.14%

I tried to install word on my notebook and now i cant start it anymore. It starts then i get the message:"windows  could not complete  the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart installation. If i click OK my laptop starts  new and message appears again. If i click the X on the right upper corner - same thing.

1472661959383-1003474267.jpg ?1801 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-11-won-t-start-after-installing-windows/td-p/3418426
Relevancy 42.14%

HiI replaced the PSU with a Corsair CX550M, Increased the memory by exchanging the 4GB for an 8GB for a 16GB total, I added a 2TB Seagate hybrid hard drive and all worked great up until yesterday, about 1 month.Yesterday, I decided to run the all the tests from the Lenovo Boot Disk and after I rebooted, the computer wont boot.When I press the power button, the fan starts and it stops after 3 or 4 seconds and nothing happens, the monitor says no signal, I removed the external USB drive and printer, I reoved the second drive and the same thing heppens.Any idea what this issue could be? Could it be a bad PSU?Thank youMario

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-E-H-K-M-Q-Y-and-ErazerX/Computer-won-t-start-after-running-Lenovo-Boot-Utility/td-p/3354352
Relevancy 42.14%

when i press the power button the first time, it only works for 5 seconds, i see the Lenovo Logo, then it shuts down, the second time i press it, it operates normally, any help?

A:My Lenovo G doesn't start the first time i press t...

Are you actually shutting down completely when you have this problem, or are you just closing the lid and letting it go to sleep.     If you are just shutting the lid, the system will go to sleep mode and store the state in RAM for a period of time, but if not resumed for a period of time, it will hibernate (i.e write the data to the hardrive in a file called hiberfil.sys) to conserve batter power and power off.    Upon resuming from hibernation, it will try to read the hiberfil.sys, which is corrupted could cause it to hang.   Type the following at a Command Prompt (Admin) to turn hibernation on and off (delete the existing hiberfil.sys and create an new one on next hibernation) powercfg.exe /hibernate offpowercfg.exe /hibernate onYou do not mention what OS you are running, but in Windows 7 it would sometimes hang on restore from sleep/hibernation if the taskbar was set to auto-hide... Not sure when or if that was ever fixed.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/My-Lenovo-G-doesn-t-start-the-first-time-i-press-the-power/td-p/3310398
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello, Lenovo forums.
I have another problem with the same Lenovo G40-70 laptop I have. This time, the laptop bootloops for some unknown reason, and the screen is blank, and when I plug in the charger, it makes a beeping noise, almost similar to the CENSORED bleep. And assuming that it won't start Windows 10, I probably lost my stuff.

Mod's Edit: Moved this post to its own thread.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G40-70-Major-Issue-Bootloop-won-t-start-Windows-10-Home/td-p/3462574
Relevancy 42.14%

My two year old Flex 2 suddenly wont turn on.   The power button lights up and the fan starts but the screen remains black.  I have let the power drain completely (you cannot remove the battery)  pressed the power button for 15sec x 4 then connected to the charger and still a blank screen.   the last timed I did attempt a "hard restart", everytime I held the power button a loud bleep occured which stopped when I let go of the power button.   Its warranty has expired and im not very knowledgable.  I am happy to send it away to be looked at, just dont know the best place to send it in the UK.  Any help?N

A:Lenovo flex 2 will not start, Blank screen

Hi Nigs,

I would suggest you to visit the nearest Lenovo service centres for further assistance.

Good luck  Let us know how you get on.     

Regards,
Shashi

Tap that kudos button if I helped  If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-flex-2-will-not-start-Blank-screen/td-p/3307792
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I have a thinkpad x that fails to start Tried startup repair but says it can t fix the problem automatically Tried restoring to earlier point which says its successful but still unable to start Windows I found an old thread where someone had the same problem and was advised to run the fabar recovery scan I did in case it is helpful here is the log thanks so much for any advice Scan result of Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM at - - Running from E DownloadWindows Professional Service failed start, to x201 windows lenovo Pack X OS Language English US The current controlset is ControlSet Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run SmartAudio C Program Files CONEXANT SAII SAIICpl exe t - - HKLM Run SynTPEnh ProgramFiles Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe x HKLM Run TpShocks TpShocks exe x HKLM-x Run RotateImage C Program Files x Integrated Camera Driver X RCIMGDIR exe - - Ricoh co Ltd HKLM-x Run PWMTRV rundll C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT PWMTR V DLL PwrMgrBkGndMonitor - - Lenovo Group windows failed to start, lenovo x201 Limited HKLM-x Run AVG UI quot C Program Files x AVG AVG avgui exe quot TRAYONLY - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o HKLM RunOnce Restore C Windows system rstrui exe RUNONCE - - Microsoft Corporation Tcpip windows failed to start, lenovo x201 Parameters DhcpNameServer Services Whitelisted AVGIDSAgent quot C Program Files x AVG AVG avgidsagent exe quot - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o avgwd quot C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe quot - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o DozeSvc C Program Files x ThinkPad Utilities DZSVC EXE - - Lenovo Lenovo VIRTSCRLSVC C Program Files LENOVO VIRTSCRL lvvsst exe - - Lenovo Group Limited Drivers Whitelisted AVGIDSDriver C Windows System DRIVERS avgidsdrivera sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o AVGIDSHA C Windows System Drivers AVGIDSHA sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o Avgldx C Windows System Drivers Avgldx sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o Avgloga C Windows System Drivers Avgloga sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o Avgmfx C Windows System Drivers Avgmfx sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o Avgrkx C Windows System Drivers Avgrkx sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o Avgtdia C Windows System Drivers Avgtdia sys - - AVG Technologies CZ s r o SmbDrvI C Windows System DRIVERS Smb driver Intel sys - - Synaptics Incorporated NetSvcs Whitelisted One Month Created Files and Folders - - - - - - D C FRST - - - - - - D C Users All Users AVAST Software - - - - - - D C Program Files AVAST Software - - - - - - D C Program Files x Wajam - - - - - - D C Users kambu AppData Local Wajam - - - - - - D C Program Files x Claro LTD - - - - - - D C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox - - - - - - D C Program Files x Text Twist - - - - - - D C Users kambu AppData Roaming Babylon - - - - - - D C Users All Users Babylon - - - - - - D C Program Files x PopCap Games - - - - - - D C Users All Users PopCap Games - - - - - - D C Users All Users WebEx - - - - - - D C Users All Users Sun - - - - - - D C Program Files x Java - - - - - - D C Users All Users McAfee - - - - - - D C Users Default AppData Roaming TuneUp Software - - - - - - D C Users Default User AppData Roaming TuneUp Software - - - - - - D C Users kambu AppData Local Google - - - - - - D C Program Files x Google - - - - - - D C Users kambu AppData Local Apps - - - - - - D C Users kambu AppData Local Deployment - - - - - - A C Users kambu Downloads image jpeg - - - - - - A C Users kambu Downloads image jpeg - - - - - - D C Users kambu AppData Roaming AVG - - - - - - D C Users All Users AVG - - - - - - A C Users Public Desktop AVG lnk - - - - - - HD C AVG - - - - - - D C Users kambu AppData Roaming TuneUp Software - - - - - - D C Program Files x AVG - - - - - - D C Users All Users MFAData - - - - - - D C Users kambu AppData Local MFAData - - - - - - D C Users kambu AppData Local Avg - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System MRT exe - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows System mshtml dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows SysWOW mshtml dll - - - - ... Read more

A:windows failed to start, lenovo x201

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/475910/windows-failed-to-start-lenovo-x201/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi i working nbsp and laptop suddenly turned off and never managed to start it again the battery was charging at that time with charged when I tried to torn on by nbsp the power button or BIOS boot button nbsp the White power light and keyboard bakclight blinks and turns on for - secs as the laptop is about to 3 won't start shutdown 14 lenovo random yoga start without any sound of laptop starting nbsp and then the power light turns off nbsp Is the same with charger connected onr disconnected nbsp i have to nbsp disconnected all and try few minutes or our later to see a normal laptop turn on nbsp Iam on Windows my windows is updated i update the bios and pilote with last version on lenovo support pilotes downloads nbsp I tred the lenovo battery test and nbsp he said my battery is ok lenovo yoga 3 14 random shutdown won't start software nbsp When the laptop is turning on nbsp with battery nbsp at or and i connected my charger nbsp if the charger move my laptop nbsp directly shutdown nbsp i am open to Any solution or test nbsp who have the same or similar problem nbsp Another times my coputer wouldn't recognise the charger idem i have to nbsp reboot and turn off wait for a time and turning on nbsp nbsp In the same time my right usb disconnected nbsp Any help would be appreciated because the laptop wasn't even working for a year and it should be designed to work much longer Yoga - Laptop Lenovo - Machine Type JH MTM JH FR Web Developer

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/lenovo-yoga-3-14-random-shutdown-won-t-start/td-p/3431668
Relevancy 42.14%

My lenonvo thinkpad t is stuck in startup I was checking email and I noticed that my screen was freezing up a bit when an error message box came on up loop stuck in start T410 Lenovo screen unfortunately I did not take note of what it said and my computer began to shut down by itself I hit the power button to make sure it wouldnt restart and gave it minutes before i went to turn it back on Now when i try to turn it on it shows the lenovo splash screen but then goes black and shows the splash screen again never proceeding to windows I have spent most of the say looking up possible solutions but while many people have had similar problems most other posts involve system recovery options which do not appear on my screen It is allowing me to boot into BIOS but I have not been able to find a solution there Do I need to reinstall Windows Please help nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, my first post up here  I've stuck with my friends Z710 laptop. He wanted the SSD drive inside, so we bought the adapter to connect extra hdd to a sata dvd drive slot.The problem is, when there are 2 hdd's connected the system doesn't boot, just the lenovo logo is flashing.Weird thing is, when I start with recovery button and choose "boot options" and manually click on SSD with the system, the system starts with both drives working properly. I'm already out of ideas, I was cloning the drive from HDD to SSD and backwards, trying switching slots, putting on UEFI -> Legacy, changing boot order. Nothing. Any help would be appreciated.Thanks,DZ

A:Z710 reboots on Lenovo start logo, 2 hdd's

I was also trying disabling the secure boot and going to legacy mode, but neither helped. In legacy mode laptop acts like there was nothing to boot from...

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Z710-reboots-on-Lenovo-start-logo-2-hdd-s/td-p/1403503
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello forum  I have the lenovo yoga 500, 2in1 with touch and with a built in battery. I have had the computer for 4months. Today my computer showed the blue screen with the message of running into a problem (i cant recall the correct wording). After that it just went black on screen but it hasnt recovered. The battery is full and i can hear the fan or hardrive running with the battery indicator on. I have long pressed the power button to reboot and it remains black after l switch on. The keyboard lights up for a few seconds. Kindly assist me. Im a student and im panicking coz of my assignments and reading material that are there. I need help like yesterday.   Kind Regards  Tat

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-yoga-500-black-screen-on-start-up/td-p/3449197
Relevancy 42.14%

I recently tried to turn on my z500 after dropping it on the charging port whilst it was charging. However, after trying to turn it on it wouldnt start. I have tried the hard reset of pressing the button every 1 second 10 times and then holding the power button for 30 seconds.I have also replaced the charging cable inside the laptop and also used a spare charger.  Disconnecting the battery does not resolve the issue eitherWhen plugging in the charger, the battery light does not light up as well.Is there any solution to this? Thanks!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-Z500-wont-start-and-no-led/td-p/3428631
Relevancy 42.14%

I tried to install word on my notebook and now i cant start it anymore. It starts then i get the message:"windows  could not complete  the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart installation. If i click OK my laptop starts  new and message appears again. 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Yoga-2-11-won-t-start-after-installing-windows/td-p/3418427
Relevancy 42.14%

Finally gave into the Lenovo nagging and updated the BIOS on my E - big mistake nbsp It went through and installed fine no issues with failures etc well none that appeared on the screen nbsp The laptop restarted fine it went through and updated the BIOS restarted one final time and nothing nbsp At present I have popped the battery and the power reset the unit press pwr button for sec etc removed all peripherals etc etc googled for similar happenings and so no matter what I have done the laptop is start E560 BIOS update Lenovo after won't as dead as a brick Lenovo E560 won't start after BIOS update I have the small red power light on but that's about it Nothing appears on the screen so can't see UEFI BIOS no fans start and about the only thing that does work is the DVD drive can be opened nbsp It's a relatively new laptop less than months old so still under warranty but as a word of caution to other E owners - Lenovo E560 won't start after BIOS update DO NOT INSTALL THE LATEST BIOS UPDATE nbsp Well no unless you want an expensive paper-weight for your desk Lenovo E560 won't start after BIOS update

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Lenovo-E560-won-t-start-after-BIOS-update/td-p/3456422
Relevancy 42.14%

Finally gave into the Lenovo nagging and updated the BIOS on my E - big Lenovo E560 after start BIOS won't update mistake nbsp It went through and installed fine no issues with failures etc well none that appeared on the screen nbsp The laptop restarted fine it went through and updated the BIOS restarted one final time and nothing nbsp At present I have popped the battery and the power reset the unit press pwr button for sec etc removed all peripherals etc etc googled for similar happenings and so no matter what I have done the laptop is as dead as a brick I have the small red power light on but that's about it Nothing appears on the screen so can't see UEFI BIOS no fans start and about the only thing that does work is the DVD drive can be opened nbsp It's a relatively new laptop less than months old so still under warranty but as a word of caution to other E owners - DO NOT INSTALL THE LATEST BIOS UPDATE nbsp Well no unless you want an expensive paper-weight for your desk

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/Lenovo-E560-won-t-start-after-BIOS-update/td-p/3456422
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi, I recently just bought the new Lenovo Yoga 500 for school and its been a great laptop, but sometimes my laptop will boot-up really quickly but then it would just stay at a black screen with the mouse indicator (which I can move), and then maybe 2 minutes later it would show the login screen. This is really annoying as when I'm in class and need to use my computer it can sometimes stay on this black screen for up to 5 minutes. If there are any suggestions anyone can give me It would be a great help! Thank you.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/windows-29/random-slow-start-ups-lenovo-yoga-500-4601988/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi,
My Lenovo box start button has to be held down at least 20 to 30 seconds before it starts.
Kinda scarey but it does start!
Signs of serious problems?
Thanks, KJ

Relevancy 41.71%

So, as I stated it in the subject, I can'tstart it. Well it's not the whole truth, since I can start it with the power button code (you know, that take of battery and AC cable, ten times the power button, power button for 30 sec, put power back, and works like a charm), but it's kinda annoying, that I always need to use this method. So I'd like to ask if there is any solution to make it work normal. Another thing is in the subject too, well that's just what I said in the subject, laptop doesn't wake up. Is there any solution for this?OS is Windows 10, and I use the laptop since 2014 February.

A:Lenovo G500, can't start+doesn't wake up from slee...

Hi Peter,

I have a few questions to gain more clarification about your issue: FIrstly, does the issue arise when you attempt to wake the system from sleep while plugged in, or is it an issue where if you put it to sleep while plugged in, you will not be able to wake the machine?

Also, do you use Windows for the power settings or are you using Lenovo Power Manager?

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Regards,
Shashi

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-G500-can-t-start-doesn-t-wake-up-from-sleep-mode/td-p/3297561
Relevancy 41.71%

Im sure this is a common issue but my programs in Windows will not open after initial start up The computer boots up into Windows just fine and everything up ideapad Laptop: not up. after start opening Programs Lenovo appears in order However if I Lenovo ideapad Laptop: Programs not opening up after start up. open any program such as Google chrome or a game it will not open at all and does not display an error message Sometimes if I quickly open a program while the computer is still Lenovo ideapad Laptop: Programs not opening up after start up. opening programs it may open briefly but sometimes freeze I am assuming it is a conflicting driver issue or program but no new hardware was installed This recently all started happening for no real reason as I had not downloaded or installed any hardware or programs when this happened Everything seems to work better in safe mode although occasionally some programs will also not boot up I've tried all the usual options such as a clean boot did not work at all system restore also didn't solve the issue tried Repair in the boot up tried opening msconfig and also tried running Malwarebytes and anti-virus software in safe mode and so far nothing has been detected Im not sure if it is a driver issue as everything seems updated and the laptop is relatively new and hardly ever used with only a few installed programs since its purchase I am running the laptop just fine in safe mode for the most part and can figure out what to do next Also since the laptop was store bought I don't have a Windows install disc to re-install Windows It was preloaded Im all out of options at this point Any advice is greatly appreciated Thanks UPDATE After a while I noticed that if I leave the system running eventually the taskbar and all the programs will disappear and ONLY the desktop wall paper is visible What is causing this

A:Lenovo ideapad Laptop: Programs not opening up after start up.

Hi EAmo25 May I ask if this thread is related or the same with the computer being posted here? If not, Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/490469/lenovo-ideapad-laptop-programs-not-opening-up-after-start-up/
Relevancy 41.71%

This had been my families computer for about 2 years now, we got it brand new. Worked fine until randomly from the vista desktop the computer shut off for no reason (no win update or anything). When I tried to restart the computer, it booted to the desktop but before anything could be done it quickly shut off again, and now wont restart at all (no lights or anything). I'm assuming a faulty power supply unit is the problem but I'm not positive. If someone might know something else or has had the same problem please help. Any knowledge is appreciated!

A:Lenovo 3000k Vista, shuts off, now wont start up

Hi loserspearl,

It could be either a software fault(malware) or a PSU fault. You could boot into the BIOS first and see if the issue appears there aswell. Just press DEL during startup and you will be presented with a blue/white screen. Have a look at the temperatures as you see if the computer does the same thing again.

You can also try to boot into safemode (Press F8 during startup) and see if it does the same thing. Let us know the results and I'll get back to you with further instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/lenovo-3000k-vista-shuts-off-now-wont-start-up-597160.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello, I got a lenovo 300 - 15ISK a month back. Now suddenly it would not start. It just fails at bootup. I have attached the screen below. It just restarts after that.

maxresdefault.jpg ?83 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-U-and-S-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Ideapad-300-15ISK-wont-start-fails-at-booting/td-p/3355914
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a Lenovo  Thinkpad T460s running windows 10. Everytime I try to boot it displays a small blue screen with boot menu and App menu. Within the boot menu, I select my HDD but still no booting. Since the battery is sealed in I cannot use other procedures decscribed previously for other models that had similar issues.  Any ideas on how to solve this?

20161021_171655.jpg ?5559 KB

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/lenovo-T460s-won-t-start-windows-10-Boot-menu-App-menu-pops-up/td-p/3461586
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi,  My ~3 year old ideapad purchased from Newegg seems to have gone south. I have Windows 8.1 installed. Last night I shut it off to bring it to class and when I got to class and tried to boot up, it wouldn't finish starting up, would sit at the logo screen for about 30 seconds before shutting down and starting over. The fans power up like it is going to start. It repeats this loop indefinitely. I tried holding the reset button next to the charger port and still nothing.  Suggestions?  Thanks 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-y510p-won-t-start-past-logo-screen/td-p/3464066
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey guys So yeah I have a Lenovo Ideapad Y ISK laptop It's a really cool laptop And it's a monster in gaming Also it's new I had it with me for about months now I have no negative comments about this laptop This laptop was my dream laptop I always take care of it and made sure it is wont Y700 start pluggin... after Ideapad 15ISK Lenovo in top condition nbsp But you see One day like - days ago sunday when I Lenovo Ideapad Y700 15ISK wont start after pluggin... got home I turned on my laptop to update my excel table for my expenses it was bout After that I took a nap leaving my laptop still turned on When I woke up I saw it was percent Of course like any normal person would do I plugged in the charger To my suprise It suddenly turned off by itself right after I plugged in the charger to the wall socket Thinking that It just got lowbat it was all right for me Or so I thought After that I noticed that there were no lights that indicate that it is charging in my laptop Please help It's been or days now and I still can't use it It won't charge it won't turn on because of the lowbat and I can't fix it Any ideas nbsp i have a background on Electronics Engineering if it matters i did some analysis nbsp I'm pretty sure that the battery is okay but of course it's lowbat cause it shutdown at nbsp My charger is perfectly fine I tried it on another y at a store also my laptop does not charge with another y charger nbsp I do believe that it is in the hardware because like I said the light indicator should light up when I try to charge it I think it does not detect any charging activity due to a loss of continuity in the circuit I think nbsp I smell some sort of odor as if it were an IC was recently toasted near the exhaust fan nbsp I THINK my laptop broke because it was in the verge of dying the battery was at percent and was not able to comprehend the sudden entry from the charger's output of high current around amps and volts thus receiving a shock that could have destroyed its internal components nbsp Twist I bought it in the Philippines but right now I am in Japan and will be living here for about a year for studies If should I be left with no options I would probably go to a service center Does anyone know if one exists in Japan nbsp All of those are just assumptions based on my observations and analysis based on my range of knowledge in electronics Should you have any questions please email me Also I would want to know your thoughts on this Please I need help and advices before I do any steps further to my demise It has been or days now and I am completely worried about my laptop It is just such a waste it broke to an event like that Unacceptable and hurtful for me It was such a good laptop and I think one of the best Please help

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-Ideapad-Y700-15ISK-wont-start-after-plugging-charger-at/td-p/3330716
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi friends,

My lenovo y40-70 laptop running on windows 8.1 doesnt start in normal mode. It always starts in slective mode. Please suggest what process should i take to start this laptop in normal mode.
Thanks.

A:Windows 8.1 lenovo laptop refuses to start in Normal mode

Have you tried doing that through System Configuration? If not, press Win+R to launch Run, then type "msconfig" (without quotes) to launch it. If prompted by UAC, click Yes. Then select Normal mode.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/65810-windows-8-1-lenovo-laptop-refuses-start-normal-mode.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,  I have problem with Dolby Audio X2 Windows API SDK driver it can not be start duo to some Windows service failure. Dolby Audio X2 Windows API SDK version 0.6.3.44Realtek High Definition Audio Driver version 6.0.1.7780 It says: "Cannot start service from the command line or debugger. A winwows Service must first be installed(using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Afministrative tool or the NET START command." Anyone can help?  Greetings, Antonio 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-ideapad-Y700-Audio-Driver-Dolby-wont-start-quot-Windows/td-p/3326238
Relevancy 40.85%

2 months old laptop. I updated drivers from Lenovo website and went to device manager and tried to update/reinstall all network and wireless drivers and checked on setting and after boot the wireless has red x on it and says no connections available not connected. After 10 minutes or so it finally starts. troubleshoot problems does not find anything. Worked fine until I installed windows 8 yesterday. BTW I miss windows 7 already. Lenovo tech support wont help. Anyone. Thanks.

A:Windows 8 upgrade Lenovo Ultrabook wireless takes 10 minutes to start

EDIT: Apologies, posted in this thread accidentally.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/10558-windows-8-upgrade-lenovo-ultrabook-wireless-takes-10-minutes-start.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Hello,  I have problem with Dolby Audio X2 Windows API SDK driver it can not be start duo to some Windows service failure. Dolby Audio X2 Windows API SDK version 0.6.3.44Realtek High Definition Audio Driver version 6.0.1.7780 It says: "Cannot start service from the command line or debugger. A winwows Service must first be installed(using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Afministrative tool or the NET START command." Anyone can help?  Greetings, Antonio 

A:Lenovo ideapad-Y700 Audio Driver- Dolby wont start...

I have problem with Dolby Audio X2 Windows API SDK driver it can not be start duo to some Windows service failure. Dolby Audio X2 Windows API SDK version 0.6.3.44Realtek High Definition Audio Driver version 6.0.1.7780 It says: "Cannot start service from the command line or debugger. A winwows Service must first be installed(using installutil.exe) and then started with the ServerExplorer, Windows Services Afministrative tool or the NET START command." Anyone can help?  Greetings, Antonio 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Lenovo-ideapad-Y700-Audio-Driver-Dolby-wont-start-quot-Windows/td-p/3326250
Relevancy 39.99%

I ve tried everyway to stop this pop up I ran my anti-virus and downloaded different antivirus and scanned but it didn t detect anything Please help and here is my HJ log Thankyou wouldn't CID Help PLS ups pop stop!!! very much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Rogers Online Protection Rogers Online Protection rps exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Sony ISB Utility ISBMgr exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Rogers Online Protection Rogers Servicepoint Agent RogersServicepointAgentComHandler exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpWareSE exe C Program Files Sony VAIO Update VAIOUpdt exe C Windows System spool drivers w x WrtMon exe C Windows Samsung PanelMgr SSMMgr exe C Program Files D-Link RangeBooster G WUA- AirPlusCFG exe C Program Files ANI ANIWZCS Service WZCSLDR exe C Program Files Rogers Online Protection Rogers Servicepoint Agent RogersServicepointAgent exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Sony Wireless Switch Setting Utility Switcher exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Program Files ViiKiiDesktopPlugin ViiKiiDesktopPlugin exe C Windows System spool drivers w x WrtProc exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil c exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PLS Help CID pop ups wouldn't stop!!! Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search conduit com SearchSource amp ctid CT R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page PLS Help CID pop ups wouldn't stop!!! URL http vaio-online sony com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer proxy rism ac th R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Swag Bucks Toolbar - bdea d - f - eb- ee - a af d f - C Program Files Swag Bucks tbSwag dll O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Pop-Up Blocker BHO - C EA -E A - E -A -D B C A - C Program Fil... Read more

Relevancy 39.99%

If when you did an unattended copy or move of data in which the source contained a conflict requiring user input - ...... that the damned copy CONTINUED doing everything it COULD do only leaving what it couldn't for your decision???

Or.. how about if MS asked you EVERY question required for the OS install PRIOR to clicking finalize in which you could walk away and come back to a completely booted desktop.

How about the ability to delete video clips as you go through them just as you would pictures? Or to rate them as you go through them?

Am I the only one who's ever found this to be a glaring oversight? What are you BASIC requests for the OS?

A:Wouldn't it be great...

Basic request "STOP PRODUCING ERROR"

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/89396-wouldnt-great.html
Relevancy 39.99%

One of my kids reported that upon won't boot then now did, PC up, wouldn't again turning on the PC it was making strange noises and nothing was happening on the monitor When I tried it same thing I took off the back was embarrassed at all the dust and cobwebs back PC wouldn't boot up, then did, now won't again there I unplugged it cleaned it out plugged it in turned it on and lo and behold it booted up Everything fine I checked email etc Then I unplugged it put the back actually side back on which was not easy and turned it on again and same original problem It continues to happen with back off and back on now It makes a series of short buzzing noises and two numbers light up on the front panel and I am trying to dig up my manuals to see if they tell me anything I m not sure how to start diagnosing this problem Plus my euphoria dive after realizing my easy fix did not work doesn t help nbsp

Relevancy 39.99%

Howdy folks Yesterday I visited a random forum via Google search to complain about something near and dear to my heart when I was in turn Wouldn't Away The Go That Malware greeted with a bunch of popups and somehow a virus that managed to The Malware That Wouldn't Go Away sneak beneath my radar that was partially intercepted by WinPatrol Every five minutes afterward WinPatrol warns me of a quot new auto Startup Program quot at the following location quot C ProgramData JavaProfileUpdater The Malware That Wouldn't Go Away dll DLLRegisterServer quot along with random pop-ups from IE advertising quot Mevio com quot and other assorted garbage which is bizarre because I ONLY use Firefox to surf I then restarted my computer booted up in Safe Mode with Networking and I scanned all my drives with MalwareBytes which it told me I had two instances of quot Trojan SHarpo PGen quot and one instance of quot Trojan BHO quot festering on my PC I opted to have MBAM quarantine and delete the offending files but upon booting up regularly again while the IE popups have ceased WinPatrol s aforementioned Startup Program notification persists and Firefox asks if it can install an add-on called quot XUL Cache quot which I m pretty sure is not good for me Can any of you talented and undoubtedly handsome people help me nip this problem in the bud once an for all Thanks so much in advance

A:The Malware That Wouldn't Go Away

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/433308 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/433308/the-malware-that-wouldnt-go-away/