Windows Support Forum

X1 Carbon - After update, computer remains at the ...

Q: X1 Carbon - After update, computer remains at the ...

I just updated my laptop the bios the ... Carbon - After computer at X1 remains update, update that was recommended by Lenovo and I left it on to update as it told me not to touch anything or turn anything off nbsp After X1 Carbon - After update, computer remains at the ... the update during its automatic restart it went to this screen and just stayed there for about hours Since then I've tried playing around with the BIOS menu and X1 Carbon - After update, computer remains at the ... tried doing the F - Recovery but it returns to the same windows logo screen except it loads for about seconds and says 'Preparing Automatic Repair' and freezes nbsp P S I had Windows factory but updated to Windows free upgrade way back when they were offering the X1 Carbon - After update, computer remains at the ... free upgrade nbsp nbsp nbsp I may just try taking it to a repair shop I would like to be able to recover files before wiping the entire drive but if needed I am willing to lose everything in order to have my computer working again nbsp Thanks in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: X1 Carbon - After update, computer remains at the ...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: X1 Carbon - After update, computer remains at the ...

Hello,
Welcome to Lenovo Community.
Does this appear to be the problem that you are having? If so, a workaround is included on that page: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/SF16-T0079
Let us know if that helps.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-After-update-computer-remains-at-the-windows-logo/td-p/3432680
Relevancy 54.18%

hey all,
I'm using windows 7 on vaio notebook, I need to update my wireless card Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG version 13.4.0.139 to a newer version_14.2.0.10 so I downloaded the update file from intel website when I open update it works fine but the card's version doesn't update to (14.2.0.10) it remains the same (13.4.0.139) and I'm sure that I've downloaded the right latest version from the website...please help and thank you.

lucca.

A:when I update driver it remains with the old version

Try to run the installer as 'Administrator' and see if that works

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/205237-when-i-update-driver-remains-old-version.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi, I hope that I am posting in the right catagory, but I am not sure what kind of problem this is. When I shut down my computer it says that Windows in updating 1 of 1. Do not shut down the computer is will shut down automatically. It hangs for more than 45 minutes, and never shuts down. I had to unplug it which I know it is bad to do but I had no other choice. I ran malware bytes and that showed no infection. I also have AVG 8.5 running, that came up with no infections. So I THINK I can eliminate hopefully any infection, which is why I posted here. Please help. I can't keep my computer running 24/7. not can I continue to keep pulling the plug to shut down.
Thanks

A:Windows will not shut down. Tries to update but remains hanging.

Have you tried going to windows update. http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdate/v6/default.aspx?ln=en-us

Try seeing if redownloading the updates might fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-will-not-shut-down-tries-to-update-but-remains-hanging.855275/
Relevancy 53.32%

i recently got a new mainboard for my x1c 2015 and i find that the BIOS just could not get updated through the Lenovo official software.so strangemy current BIOS/EC version is1.03 (N14UJ02W) 1.03 (N14ET25W) 1.02 (N14HT29W)what i've done trying solve this:1 BIOS settings-checked.there is no bios update prevention settings2 BIOS reset-tried but it doesn't work3 System version-changed from Win7 to Win10,nothing happened.anyone could help me figure this problem?.besides,i noticed the info page of BIOS showed that the ME firmware version is blank,could there be any connection with my prob?thanks a lot guys.

Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I have an X1 Carbon. I did an  automated Windows update today, it seemed to work fine initially but then my laptop got into a blue screen loop and kept restarting. The computer worked for a while after that and then gave a blue screen again. This time the keyboards flashed as well for a while, and then the computer turned off. I cannot start the laptop since then. I searched the forum and tried the hard reset, but it did not help. When I try powering on,  keyboard lights turn on for just a second and then they go off. The green power button light turns on  but the computers does not start. Can anyone help? I am traveling for work and looking forward to getting help. Thanks!

A:Carbon X1 will not start after Windows update

What generation of carbin?  What OS?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Carbon-X1-will-not-start-after-Windows-update/td-p/3421675
Relevancy 52.89%

Dear all nbsp I have a BS with a very old piece of BIOS installed N ET W dated - - nbsp I have been trying to apply all versions of BIOS listed in nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp http support lenovo Carbon X1 failing update to BIOS - com us en products laptops-and-netbooks thinkpad-x-series-laptops thinkpad-x - nbsp in vain as BIOS update software both Windows version and CD-ROM version fails to verify secured flash image nbsp I would appreciate it very much if you kindly suggest any solution nbsp P S nbsp The BIOS installed on my nbsp X Carbon is NOT listed nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp X1 Carbon - failing to update BIOS https download lenovo com ibmdl pub pc pccbbs mobiles n uj w txt nbsp Package nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp UEFI BIOS BIOS ID nbsp ECP ECP ID nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Rev nbsp Issue Date-------------------- nbsp ------------------- nbsp --------------- nbsp nbsp ---- nbsp ---------- nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp X1 Carbon - failing to update BIOS nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp For nbsp factory use nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N UJ W nbsp N ET W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp N HT W nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:X1 Carbon - failing to update BIOS

HiPlease, specify, the real lapop model. Machine-Type 20BS belongs the 3rd generation of x1c.Anyway, do you have laptop engineering sample?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-failing-to-update-BIOS/td-p/2151461
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi, I've got an X1 Carbon 20FB (4th gen), and noticed it doesn't have Lenovo System Update on it, which I've found useful in the past. So I went to the Lenovo downloads site and found System Update, but it doesn't list the 20FB as one of the X1 Carbons it supports - it only goes up to 20BS, 20BT: http://support.lenovo.com/se/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-x-series-laptops/thinkpad-x1-... (See the "Note for ThinkPad X1 Carbon users") Should I avoid downloading System Update then? I've not noticed anything that's not functioning, but I figured it makes sense to keep things up to date from a security and features point of view. Why is it not included by default? Thanks for any advice!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/System-Update-on-X1-Carbon-20FB/td-p/3427436
Relevancy 52.89%

i download Need For Speed Carbon Update v as it says cannot create seesssion and stuff so i download update and when isntalling the command prompt comes and goes so i probally think it installed but when igo in game it dont work at all it still says v and same problem this is the regini EXP DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt DEFAULT INSTALL DIR EXP quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot - gt quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot EXP quot Install Dir quot - gt quot Install Dir quot EXP HKLM quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot quot Install Dir quot - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO DEF DEFAULT INSTALL DIR lt - C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO ------------ EXP SPANISH INSTALL DIR - gt SPANISH INSTALL DIR EXP quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot - gt quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot EXP quot Install Dir quot - gt quot Install Dir quot EXP HKLM quot Software Electronic Arts Need for Speed Carbon quot quot Install Dir quot - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO DEF SPANISH INSTALL DIR lt - C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO ------------ EXP INSTALL DIR - gt INSTALL DIR EXP DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt DEFAULT INSTALL DIR EXP VAR DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO EXP quot quot - gt quot EXP EQ VAR DEFAULT INSTALL DIR quot quot - gt EXP SPANISH INSTALL DIR - gt SPANISH INSTALL DIR EXP VAR SPANISH INSTALL DIR - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO EXP DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt DEFAULT INSTALL DIR EXP VAR DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO NUM - gt EXP IF EQ VAR DEFAULT INSTALL DIR quot quot VAR SPANISH INSTALL DIR VAR DEFAULT INSTALL DIR - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO DEF INSTALL DIR lt - C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO ------------ EXP nfsc patch ini - gt nfsc patch ini EXP Patch - gt Patch EXP InstallDirectory - gt InstallDirectory EXP INSTALL DIR - gt INSTALL DIR EXP VAR INSTALL DIR - gt C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO SET INI nfsc patch ini Patch InstallDirectory Problems) Speed For (Update Carbon : Need lt - C PROGRA ELECTR NEEDFO Need For Speed : Carbon (Update Problems) please help nbsp

A:Need For Speed : Carbon (Update Problems)

i am a big fan of nfs but now i can't play it.

it starts up. no problem but after a few minutes.. it hangs up then crashes. it automatically exits. then it sets my desktop resolution from 1152x864 to 800x600.

what could be the possible problem? help me with this pls. thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-for-speed-carbon-update-problems.559620/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello nbsp I have a ThinkPad X Carbon rd generation Two days ago I have updated the nbsp Carbon... ThinkPad Fan - Problem BIOS Update after X1 BIOS to the latest version nbsp The installation went well and I successfully booted into Windows with no Fan Problem after BIOS Update - ThinkPad X1 Carbon... issues However the fan was not working anymore I did not notice this until the laptop was extremely nbsp hot which is very unusual for this laptop under low medium load In particular nbsp I was just running a disk cleanup using the native Windows tool and after minutes I decided nbsp to kill the process this operation usually takes - minutes My Fan Problem after BIOS Update - ThinkPad X1 Carbon... feeling was that due to the temperature the cpu was in nbsp throttling At that moment I noticed that the fan was not active nbsp After a shutdown the fan was again working However I noticed that the fan nbsp kicks in much more often than it nbsp was used to For this reason I did two things - I have downgraded the BIOS to BIOS updated the CPU microcode I am not sure that the microcode was downgraded as well when I downgraded the BIOS nbsp - I have run the Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool Fan Problem after BIOS Update - ThinkPad X1 Carbon... I was afraid that the high temperatures may have damaged the cpu The tool reported that the maximum temperature of the cpu during the benchmark was always safely within the expected threshold and all the tests were passed nbsp Now I still can see that the fan kicks in much more often than usual I have noticed using sensors nbsp under nbsp Ubuntu that every time there is a very short burst peak of cpu usage e g I start Google Chrome and visit nbsp Gmail the sensors report a very high temperature nbsp but just for lt nbsp second e g from degrees to degrees and then soon goes nbsp back to degrees This is the reason why the fan kicks in it remains active for - minutes starting from a high RPM value and then going down as expected I don't think that the temperature actually reaches degrees I expect an immediate but small increase e g degrees of the temperature due to the burst but nothing like degrees nbsp I think that the sensors are nbsp returning junky values I never saw this temperature behaviour instant jump temperature degrees or more due to short bursts peaks before the BIOS update nbsp In my opinion the sensors are not returning stable values as before but they are very jumpy Few questions - Is there any bug report about BIOS update How can you explain the temporarely non working fan after the update I think this may be a serious concern - How can I debug my issue with the temperature sensors Is there any way to reset them Do you think this is a software or hardware problem - Do you think that the high temperature may have damaged the sensors nbsp nbsp Thank you Emilio nbsp

A:Fan Problem after BIOS Update - ThinkPad X1 Carbon...

Laptop has got anti overheat thing so if temp rises over 100c it will automatically power off like if the battery was dead and that you unplugged it that sort of power off so temps you don't have to worry but as long laptop alone isn't idle at 80-90c then laptop needs clean out to fix it and if that won't fix it then it could be something else

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Fan-Problem-after-BIOS-Update-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-3rd-generation/td-p/3307720
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm setting up a new X1 Carbon with machine type 20FB. It came with a Samsung MZNTY256HDHP SSD. I noted there was a recent SSD firmware update package for this laptop model, so I downloaded and ran the updater. It reported there were no updates. However, after digging a bit deeper, I discovered that the SSD firmware updater for the X1 Carbon 20A7/20A8/etc. DOES have an update for the SSD in this machine. What is going on here? Does this firmware update somehow only apply when the SSD is installed in a 20A7? Or did this particular model of SSD just get missed when Lenovo was putting together the firmware update package for the 20FB?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Missing-SSD-firmware-update-for-X1-Carbon-20FB/td-p/3485035
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, guys!Some info:X1 Carbon (type 20FC)Intel HD Graphics 520 (driver 20.19.15.4331)Windows is up-to-date So far, everything works fine. If I update my graphics driver through Lenovo Companion to 20.19.15.4444, backlighting is stuck at 100%.If I update my graphics driver through Lenovo's support website/Windows device managers' automatic update to 21.20.16.4505, it kills my backlight completely. The only way to get things back to normal is to boot in safe mode, uninstall the graphics driver, reboot and prevent Lenovo Companion from installing the new driver automatically. Please tell me what's wrong and/or fix the grahics driver. Thanks.  

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-graphics-driver-update-kills-backlight/td-p/3451963
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello, I just recently performed the 26-Jul BIOS update to 1.14, for my Thinkpad Carbon X1 (20BS) with windows 10.The update went ok, but afterwards, Windows is crashing when booting. Using a bootable Windows 10 installation disk also crashes when booting. The recovery environment also crashes when booting. Using detailed logs, it seems to crash when activating the ACPI microcontroller. I would assume that has something to do with the UEFI update, that I have disabled in the BIOS. Enabling it does not recognise the disk, as it is not a GPT partition. I tried to rollback the BIOS, but it does not allow it.  Do you have any suggestion on how to proceeed? Thanks,Pedro

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/Thinkpad-Carbon-X1-20BS-Bios-update-windows-locked/td-p/3385126
Relevancy 50.31%

hi you guys are doing a great service to all my english is a bit weak so I appologise in advance well it does not seem to be a very critical problem but my computer remains busy in some activity I have noticed the mouse cursor chahges to busy state every seconds and there is constant internet traffic even if I have not loaded IE I noticed this almost a week ago I am attaching the log files which I hope will help you understand better DDS Log DDS Ver - - busy Computer remains - NTFSx Run by Hassan Mirza at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Ericsson Emma Core Services EmmaDeviceMgmt exe C Program Files Common Files Sony Ericsson Emma Core Services EmmaUpdateMgmt Computer remains busy exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnectService exe d Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C WINDOWS system PnkBstrA exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe D Program Files BillP Studios WinPatrol winpatrol exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Motorola MotoConnectService MotoConnect exe D Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared CapabilityManager exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared logger exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Teleca Shared Generic exe D Program Files HTC HTC Sync ClientInitiatedStarter ClientInitiatedStarter exe D Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor epmworker exe D Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor DbgOut exe D Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor HTCVBTServer exe D Program Files HTC HTC Sync Mobile Phone Monitor FsynSrvStarter exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe F Desktop dds pif Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo uDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB A A -BACC- D - - A E E - No File mRun SoundMAXPnP c program files analog devices core smax pnp exe mRun WinPatrol d program files billp studios winpatrol winpatrol exe -expressboot mRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun amd dc opt d program files amd dual-core optimizer amd dc opt exe mRun NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE c windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRun iTunesHelper quot d program files itunes iTun... Read more

Relevancy 49.88%

I have just had a problem where both my monitors went black all of a sudden, (this is not a cable/connection issue) I have been having similar problems recently where I would get display driver driver crashes where my monitors would go off but then come back on, this time they remained off and I was forced to hit the restart button to reboot my PC.
Checking reliability manager I found this error timestamped at the time my monitors went to black:
Source
Summary
LiveKernelEvent
Date
‎5/‎05/‎2016 11:19 AM
Status
Not reported
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffe001da9cb4c0
Parameter 2: fffff8011e9ee5a4
If anyone can help me understand this error it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/49261-monitors-go-black-but-computer-remains.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm not exactly sure what I have I explained my problem on another forum and they told me I had remains of an infection still on my computer So first I'll explain what's been happening The past few weeks my computer has remains... Infection problems computer been either randomly restarting itself completing freezing in which case I am forced to shut it down or coming up with the blue screen of death There have been two different BSOD messages pop up sometimes with different codes though More commonly I've been getting DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP x D xEE E D x x xEE E And just the other day a new one popped up this is the first time I've had this one - PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA STOP x x FE D x x E F x I ran this program called memtest a few days ago but it came up with no errors This all started happening not long after I had a virus on my computer Every time I clicked a link on google it would redirect me to some other website completely unrelated I managed to find out it was some virus a lot of people were having at the time and followed some of their advice One of which told me to delete a file called 'wdmaud sys quot which it was apparently attacking I did so but then reinstalled a hotfix from microsoft with that in it later on when the problems started as I thought maybe I shouldn't have deleted it I've also tried system restore which didn't work After a virus scan with AVG I found that there were two trojan horses in the system restore files I healed them but haven't tried rolling back the system again because I didn't know whether it would make it worse I also found a quot TrojanNewDot quot in SuperAntiSpyware and also two Adware tracking cookies which I quarantined and removed I'm attaching the Hijackthis log someone told me there were infection remains from looking at Infection remains... computer problems this but I don't know what to do Can anyone tell me which to select and then 'fix checked' And also could this possibly be what is causing my problems Sorry for typing so much I wasn't sure how much information to give I don't know what computer specs you need I'm running Windows XP Home edition about GB harddrive and MB RAM If you need anything else I am more than happy to provide what I can Thanks so much

A:Infection remains... computer problems

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/202439/infection-remains-computer-problems/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I am hoping someone can help me with this I have a Dell Dimension desktop Windows XP Recently the tower has begun often sounding as though the computer is turning itself off but nothing seems to happen--i e the computer remains on and nothing unusual seems to happen on the screen either Sometimes it will be just one isolated occurance but has been happening more frequently recently sometimes several times in a row Sounds like someone keeps pushing the power button to turn it on or off THere doesn t seem to be a pattern to when it might happen Sometimes it happens when the computer has been on but I have not been using it I might be across the room and suddenly hear the power button blip over and over but when I check the computer it is still on and the screen seems fine and nothing has been lost It just happened again while I was typing this but there was no disruption on the screen I searched this problem and saw that others have had a problems with their computers suddenly turning off but did not see any instances where the computer actually remains on and only SOUNDs as though it is turning off Does anyone know what this could be and what I should do I am hoping it is not the hard drive THank you so much for your help nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

I was on msn when i got this 'derrick' wanting to add me on msn...i've said no for a whole week...but yesterday i think that i miss clicked and pressed on accept ( not sure if i did ) and then my computer restarted but my screen remained black. Now when i try to open my computer everything works beside the fact dat no image shows up ( screen is fined i tested on another computer ) thx for the help
Ram

A:Computer starts but screen remains black

welcome to tsf
when you first power on...tap tap f8 continually to try and reach safe mode..even though the screen is blank

if the screen lights up, do a virus scan --immediately

otherwise, try reseating your video card

post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-starts-but-screen-remains-black-80912.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have a 5 year old emachine with a wireless keyboard. For the past few months anytime I would use the sleep button on the keyboard the computer would sleep like normal but when you move the mouse to wake up the computer, the computer would power on but the monitor would show the RGB message. I would have to turn all power off and back on and everything would be fine. But when I came back to from being gone on the weekend it was already in the awake state with the RGB message on the monitor. Now when I try to power the system off and on it goes back to the same RGB message. Everything has power and all connections are good. Any ideas???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-remains-in-sleep-mode-even-after-powering-off-and-on.527959/
Relevancy 49.45%

So first off I'm not a expert of course and second the problem this started a few weeks ago after getting my new GPU in August but random crashes at remains the computer PC on times or so and this problem started around mid October so what happens at random points in time either playing a video game or even just browsing the internet the PC crashes at random times but the computer remains on screen will PC crashes at random times but the computer remains on glitch out for a second the be completely black i can see my GPU light still and all the other lights on on my tower i did notice that the num lock light also turns off don't know if that's important or not the time it takes also varies in the time it will turn off sometimes its hours other times I've had days where it doesn't turn off the only way ive managed to get the pc to come back is by holding the power button and turning the pc back on and it doesn't matter what im doing either i'll be on the internet watching youtube and it'll turn off or playing a game then turn off and ive been looking and looking but have yet to find anything to help me and im getting to my wits end to do something about this because its starting to cause a lot of trouble for me so now my specs Windows Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-core CPUs GHz gbs of ram gpu AMD Radeon TM R and power is W ATX thats all i really know what to put up so if you need more just ask and tell me how to find that out and ill do it but over all please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-crashes-at-random-times-but-the-computer-remains-on-1166209.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I put my computer into power save mode and then it locked up, so I forced shut down. Now, when i turn it on, everything seems to be working fine, but the screen stays black and two lights flash in sync - one by the capslock key, and the other up by the end/sys rq and pg up/pause buttons. What do I do to get it out of this??? - HP g61 laptop- Windows 7 home prem

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HELP HPg61 computer turns on, screen remains black

Hi,al1986 wrote:I put my computer into power save mode and then it locked up, so I forced shut down. Now, when i turn it on, everything seems to be working fine, but the screen stays black and two lights flash in sync - one by the capslock key, and the other up by the end/sys rq and pg up/pause buttons. What do I do to get it out of this??? - HP g61 laptop- Windows 7 home prem Try a hard reset:Remove the battery and unplug the DC power adapter.press and hold the power button for more than fifteen seconds.plug in the DC power adapter (leave the battery out for now)press the power buttonPlease post your results here.Best regards,erico

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HELP-HPg61-computer-turns-on-screen-remains-black/td-p/577589
Relevancy 48.59%

Parts List:
AMD CPU FX series
ASUS AMD Motherboard
1 SSD for Booting
2 Hard Disks for storage
GTX 970
750 W Power Supply

My problem is that I hit the power button on my computer it turns on but with fans at 20% and doesn't show anything on the screen, not even bios. I have already replaced the power supply and the motherboard thinking they were killed by a power surge but no luck. I wanted to consult people more knowledgeable than myself before I spend anymore money. Any advice would be great!

I have replaced the motherboard and power supply and tried changing ram and removing ram altogether. I also switched around my hard drives and ssd to try to get to BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f15/computer-doesnt-reach-bios-and-remains-at-20-fans-1093530.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello i purchased a computer more than a year ago now and i was able to run games such games, running. off computer remains during Monitor shuts as quot Avatar quot or Black ops on my PC with no issues now i am playing simple FPS games requiring no Video memory really at all and my Monitor turns into standby quot Auto Detection quot mode but my computer remains running during times like quot Bomb Explosions quot or when the Base Explodes for a win lose I ve contacted the place they convinced me the video card somehow went bad sent me a new video card minutes later the computer does the Monitor shuts off during games, computer remains running. same thing So now if i switch my monitor from my card to my on-board video card everything works terribly but no shut down during the games however the games are pretty much unplayable due to low on-board video i have no idea how this could have happened no storms no power surges everything is protected and blown out weekly I ve completely reformatted my computer a few times since the problem has started so i know its nothing software related The one thing i will say is weird sometimes when the computer monitor gets turned off during the game i noticed that the sound is skipping this isn t every time but often Computer Specs Code Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA GM-S Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

Hey Guys,

For the past 2 nights I've been getting this weird problem while playing games for which has never happened before. My monitor would just go blank like if its not getting any display, but my computer would be on, i would be still hearing the game sounds even TeamSpeak my friends can hear me and I can talk to them, then I would have to force restart to get back display....What gives?!

This has NEVER happened before, all my games run smoothly without any problems. Fifa 15, HoN, BF4, WatchDogs...nothing. Just since last night it started happening.

Can any help in providing some troubleshooting? Any other information or data needed please let me know.
*praying its not my graphics card*

Regards

A:Screen goes blank during games suddenly but computer remains on

Ok RaviR mate start by letting us know what the temps are for the machine. Use Speccy and post back results
Speccy - Download

However it does sound like either the GPU or monitor is on the blink

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/346068-screen-goes-blank-during-games-suddenly-but-computer-remains.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Parts List:
AMD CPU FX series
ASUS AMD Motherboard
1 SSD for Booting
2 Hard Disks for storage
GTX 970
750 W Power Supply

My problem is that I hit the power button on my computer it turns on but with fans at 20% and doesn't show anything on the screen, not even bios. I have already replaced the power supply and the motherboard thinking they were killed by a power surge but no luck. I wanted to consult people more knowledgeable than myself before I spend anymore money. Any advice would be great!

I have replaced the motherboard and power supply and tried changing ram and removing ram altogether. I also switched around my hard drives and ssd to try to get to BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-doesnt-reach-bios-and-remains-at-20-fans-1093530.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I managed to get my computer back into "working" order from having had the FBI ransomeware(I guess that is what it is called) but now I can't access google anymore. When I was able to it redirected me. I have been getting some BSOD as well, latest being "Paged fault in non paged area". I have tried running Malwarebytes, but I would either BSOD before it finished or it wouldn't find anything. Earlier I was having issues running anything in administrator. It was showing "Thread could not be created" with a missing .exe file. I tried running command prompt in admin as well, but was met with the thread error basing cmd.exe as the issue.

A:Recently infected with the FBI. Got access to my computer again, but it seems like a lot of stuff remains.

DownloadTDSSkillerLaunch it.Click on change parameters-Select TDLFS file systemClick on "Scan".Please post the LOG report(log file should be in your C drive) Do not change the default options on scan resultsDownloadaswMBRLaunch it, allow it to download latest Avast! virus definitionsClick the "Scan" button to start scan.After scan finishes,click on Save logPost the log results hereDownloadESET online scannerInstall itClick on START,it should download the virus definitionsWhen scan gets completed,click on LIST of found threatsExport the list to desktop,copy the contents of the text file in your reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/463704/recently-infected-with-the-fbi-got-access-to-my-computer-again-but-it-seems-like-a-lot-of-stuff-remains/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I have had this issue for about a After computer account, signing to and does blue remains boot. an not on screen my week now My Windows XP computer will not start in normal mode After signing on to an account, my computer screen remains blue and does not boot. The computer turns on like it should taking me to the login page with the listed accounts I sign in under my account My computer then goes After signing on to an account, my computer screen remains blue and does not boot. to a blank blue screen with only my cursor showing The hard drive continues working for a couple minutes after turning blue then stops I can move the mouse and use Ctrl alt del but that's about it It's a pure blue screen This is NOT the blue screen of death it's a much lighter blue - the same blue that you'd see as the default background of the login screen I would appreciate any advice you could give me The computer can boot in safe mode which is what I'm using right now but will not start at all in normal mode I suspect a certain process that should be running is not functional Any ideas I would REALLY appreciate any help you guys could give me Thank you very much

A:After signing on to an account, my computer screen remains blue and does not boot.

List all hardware specs, including power supply wattage and brand..
Have ther been any changes of late, hardware, or software?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/after-signing-on-to-an-account-my-computer-screen-remains-blue-and-does-not-boot-370924.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I use Windows and I tried to download a free Proxy Changer but it turned out to be a virus The virus would prevent my computer from starting up by bringing up a System Repair window that couldn t find anything the only part of the report that I understood was that a dll Undetected computer factory remains after restoring settings to virus file was corrupted So I restored my computer to factory settings and all seemed well until one day I booted up my computer and got that same System Repair window I ve run my Antivirus McAfee twice Once in safe mode and once in regular mode but it turned up clean and thinks my computer is safe Sometimes when I restart my computer after the System Repair window it will let me log in but Undetected virus remains after restoring computer to factory settings no files except for Paint and Word will open up So I had no choice but to use a restore to factory settings again and it seems to work for now but I can tell the virus is still there because explorer crashes randomly and all programs are working slowly What should I do to find and eliminate it EDIT My computer JUST got a blue screen of death while I was using it something that never happened before If any other details are needed please ask me

A:Undetected virus remains after restoring computer to factory settings

Please follow these instructions: How to remove Google Redirects or the TDSS, TDL3, Alureon rootkit using TDSSKillerDouble-click on TDSSKiller.exe to run the tool for known TDSS variants.
Vista/Windows 7 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.When the program opens, click the Start Scan button.Any objects found, will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure...do not change it.
Click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.<- Important!!
If 'Suspicious' objects are detected, you will be given the option to Skip or Quarantine. Skip will be the default selection. Leave it as such for now.A log file named TDSSKiller_version_date_time_log.txt will be created and saved to the root directory (usually Local Disk C:).Copy and paste the contents of that file in your next reply.-- For any files detected as 'Suspicious' (except those identified as Forged to be cured after reboot) get a second opinion by submitting to Jotti's virusscan or VirusTotal. In the "File to upload & scan" box, browse to the location of the suspicious file and submit (upload) it for scanning/analysis.Step 7 instructs you to scan your computer using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.Malwarebytes' may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.After completing the scan, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.Exit Malwarebytes' when done.Note: If Malwarebytes' encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes' from removing all the malware.-- Some types of malware will target Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and other security tools to keep them from running properly. If that's the case, please refer to the suggestions provided in For those having trouble running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware as you may need to rename it or use RKill by Grinler.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396726/undetected-virus-remains-after-restoring-computer-to-factory-settings/
Relevancy 44.72%

HiI own a X1 Carbon Gen 2 thinkpad and wonder if it is possible to replace the current keyboard with a X1 Carbon gen 3 keyboard (with proper mouse buttons), or if it will not fit?I have tried to check the manuals and the connectors seems similar although some things, such as the fingerprint reader, seems different. I have no problem "loosing" the adaptive keyboard and fingerprint reader if I can have all the functionality of the keyboard and trackpoint on the new "keyboard" (i.e. the gen 3 frontpanel).

A:X1 Carbon Gen 3 Keyboard on X1 Carbon Gen 2

I am interested in this exact topic as well. Looks like the Gen 3 keyboards lack the adaptive keyboard - that clear stripe on the top that changes. The FRU for these X1 Carbons seem to be the whole keyboard, adaptive part, trackpad and bezel - they go for 150 USD or so. Problem is we don't know if it will work given the model year differences. A nice alternative would be just to replace the trackpoint. They came close with this one, but it is no macbook in terms of tactile feel of the pad. I really am having a hard time with it and it's been about a month.  Lenovo please help!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X1-Carbon-Gen-3-Keyboard-on-X1-Carbon-Gen-2/td-p/1939212
Relevancy 37.84%

be truthful to the public. I have been reading a lot about people ditching windows and going to Linux. I wonder why. wow I used to love and trust windows. now I don't know anymore. you all have become something other than wonderful like I used to think.
too bad. maybe I should learn Linux too. windows is probably a habit lots of people will learn to break. scary. Be honest about your updates. ty.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/adfd864d-cfe8-4d34-8f4e-166e72a3a04a/why-cant-i-uninstall-an-update-todays-update-is-making-my-computer-act-unruly-i-hate-that-if?forum=itprovistasecurity
Relevancy 37.41%

Grrrrrr..... Windows update kb2803821 really screwed everything up. Apparently messed up things with my registry. No info even shows up in system information. I keep trying to do system restore and it won't restore - I get transient error 0x800423F3. I try to restore via safe mode and same thing. I try to reboot via the Last Known good start and it doesn't work. I've been trying to find info on this but nothing seems to work. I HAVE TO GET THIS LOUSY UPDATE OFF MY COMPUTER and restore it to before it updated! How do I do this?

A:Sec Update kb2803821 update screwed up my computer and need to restore

Download the free Ubuntu to back up your stuff. We can then proceed without fear of loss of important information
Download Ubuntu Desktop | Ubuntu

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/301153-sec-update-kb2803821-update-screwed-up-my-computer-need-restore.html
Relevancy 37.41%

ello
i had Win Me and WIn Xp installed on C: and E: installed.

I had to remvoe Xp So I straight forwarded Formatted E: ...

Everything works fine , only in the start I still get the option to choose Xp

I tried to edit the boot.ini < I am hoping taht is the one> .....Now My Boot.ini look's like

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
C:\="Microsoft Windows"
please tell me wat to do , so Win Me starts staright forward

Relevancy 37.41%

Dell dimension running it Infected and still believe remains Windows XP media center kids play games and Minecraft on it I believe they tried to download a misleading Minecraft mod file and that started the infection Minecraft will not run at all on it anymore but I cannot tell if it is because the latest upgrade is now beyond our RAM or video card capacity or the computer is being hijacked When viewing Processes under Task Manager often CPU process shows everything is very slow Also a system idle process sometimes shows when below CPU says which doesn't make sense Have run Malwarebytes Adwcleaner and SuperAntiSpyware The items Infected and believe it still remains that have been shown in these scans were PUPOptional Babylon SweetIM BrowserDefender A Sweetpacks and Delta a Also TrojanAgent Gen-Nullo Have merely attempted removal using these tools I have followed the Sweetpacks instructions from that post to attempt removal We have the free version of Avast on this computer and have used their basic tools as well Any help you can offer would be appreciated I have turned the notifications on to await a reply Sincerely yours Optionsmom aka DonnaEdit Moved topic from Windows XP to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Infected and believe it still remains

System Idle process is used for measuring how much idle time the CPU is having at any particular time (100% minus the sum of all tasks CPU usage). It accounts for processor time when the system is not processing other threads and will display how much CPU resources, as a percentage are 'idle' and available for use. One instance of this process operates per CPU, and runs to occupy the processor when other threads are not running. System Idle process also issues HLT commands which put unused parts of the CPU into a suspend mode, thereby cooling the processor. Normally this process should take up at least 90%+ of processor time on average (this is the value in the CPU column). In non-technical terms, this figure represents how much CPU time has not been requested by anything else on your system. See Why Is The System Idle Process Hogging All The Resources?,System is a process in NT "kernel mode" that contains most of the system threads and handles various basic system functions. When Windows loads, the Windows kernel starts and runs in kernel mode to set up paging and virtual memory. It then creates some system processes and allows them to run in "user mode" but restricts their access to critical areas of the operation system.Every process started by Windows, except for the System process, runs in user mode. The User mode processes must request use of the kernel by means of a system call in order to perform privileged operations on their behalf. Kernel mode has full access to system resources and controls scheduling, thread prioritization, interrupt handlers, memory management and the interaction with hardware. The system process cannot be terminated.If you're not finding any malware then most likely it is a RAM or video card issue.Windows XP media center is an old operating system. Slowness and performance issues as you describe are not uncommon, especially with older computers and there are various reasons for this besides malware - i.e. disk fragmentation, disk errors, corrupt system files, too many startup programs, unnecessary services running, too many browser add-ons/plug-ins, extensions, toolbars, failure to clear browser cache, not enough RAM, dirty hardware components, etc. As you use your system it becomes filled with more files/programs and has a natural tendency to slow down and behave oddly so cleaning and regular maintenance is essential. Incompatible browser extensions and add-ons can impact system performance and cause compatibility issues such as application hangs (freezing).Please refer to some of the suggestions in this guide: Slow Computer/Browser? Check here first; it may not be malware.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513227/infected-and-believe-it-still-remains/
Relevancy 37.41%

I had nero nero how remains do get rid of on my new win PC I had to download install and how do get rid of nero remains then uninstall to get how do get rid of nero remains rid of it I did not want it After a how do get rid of nero remains search I discovered I had left overs see below I also used the nero removal tool which said I had nothing left I still have the following left after a search Nero trial nero startsmart essentials also regisrty entries but i am not sure if they are nero Nothing in revo uninstaller nothing in ccleaner nothing in all programs nothing in add remove In programs there is a shortcut to nerostatesmart essentials In registry there are in the right pane default nero back it up local services service paremeters I did not see anything in the left pane probably because I did not search all the keys Can anybody tell me how to get rid of whats left as stated I am sick of them and just want them to go never to be seen again Can you explain in simple terms how to do this Thank You nbsp

A:how do get rid of nero remains

Nearly everything you uninstall will leave some remnants behind. I would leave the Registry alone lest you remove something you shouldn't have, but by all means delete any folders with Nero in the name.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-do-get-rid-of-nero-remains.1040616/
Relevancy 37.41%

I was recently attacked by a trojan downloader and I succesfully removed it with AVG Free I have done several other scans to check that no virii remain and I am Possible trojan remains now experiencing frequent bluescreen crashes Whenever I start up I recieve an error saying that ibm exe could not be found Possible trojan remains I belive that AVG deleted this file MSCONFIG says that ibm exe is set to start up and I have disabled it but the error keeps coming up Can you help me HJT log follows Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exe C WINDOWS system gearsec exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINDOWS StartupMonitor exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files WinRAR WinRAR exe C DOCUME hp LOCALS Temp Rar EX HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www hp com F - REG system ini Shell explorer exe quot C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Web Folders ibm exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNC O - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMEName O - HKLM Run SynTPLpr C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installquiet O - HKLM Run Cpqset C Program Files HPQ Default Settings cpqset exe O - HKLM Run eabconfg cpl C Program Files HPQ Quick Launch Buttons EabServr exe Start O - HKLM Run UpdateManager quot C Program Files Common Files Sonic Update Manager sgtray exe quot r O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run WatchDog C Program Files InterVideo DVD Check DVDCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run Windows Task Manager c windows system taskmgn exe O - HKLM Run Run StartupMonitor StartupMonitor exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run CTFMON EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Global Startup DVD Check lnk C Program Files InterVideo DVD Check DVDCheck exe O - Global Startup PowerReg Scheduler V exe O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java j re bin npjpi dll O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - http security symantec com sscv S bin cabsa cab O - Protocol livecall - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Protocol msnim - A - C - - F- E F - C PROGRA MSNMES MSGRAP DLL O - Service AVG Alert Manager Server Avg Alrt - GRISOFT s r o - C... Read more

A:Possible trojan remains

Before you do anything else, create a folder for HijackThis and put it in a permanent folder (like C:\HJT) instead of the Temp folder. This is required because HijackThis will create backups and we don't want them to be deleted.

If you currently have any startups disabled with MSCONFIG, please re-enable them all. Do NOT reboot when it's requested.

After you've moved HijackThis.exe to it's own folder, please rename it to HJT.exe. Run a new scan with the renamed version, save the log and post it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/possible-trojan-remains-110555.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi so i have this older PC that was given to me by my PO employer when the company closed It used PC... symantec remains in my to have Symantec antivirus and a symantec remains in my PC... bunch of other programs I had to get the administrator password cracked otherwise i wasnt able to use the computer which contains a lot of personnal things in it Anyway back to the problem the computer randomly quot hang quot most of the time its when i click on a URL symantec remains in my PC... lets say from a e-mail sometimes it works right away sometimes it can take as long as seconds it does the same thing when i try to open a excel file or a word file one time it does it right away the other time it takes secs or so I scaned it all many many times Ccleaner Adaware Hijack this spybot nothing wrong in it found There is two items i cannot quot delete quot -netSVC exe -Vpremote exe I used the uninstal tool from Symantec and it removed most of the crap symantec remains in my PC... left from the software but i feel that there is something that the pc hangs on to that is related to Symantec Otherwise everyting works on that PC i would just like to know why it hangs like that thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/353435/symantec-remains-in-my-pc/
Relevancy 37.41%

I like to play zynga games on facebook using quot google chrome quot Sometimes when I am sending or receiving gifts windows will flash so quick that I cannot tell what is on them Other times the window seems to hang and a blank popup with quot about blank quot in the address bar sometimes Remains about:blank bho of it goes on and sometimes I have to reload page to get it to continue I know Remains of about:blank bho that I have previously had the quot about blank quot bho on my computer and ran Xsoft Malwarebytes and Advanced System Care to remove it But I have read that parts of it hides itself somewhere in the registry Please look over my Remains of about:blank bho logs and advise Thank you so much yrrejt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Administrator at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV avast Antivirus Enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files logishrd LVMVFM UMVPFSrv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS system bgsvcgen exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files IObit Smart Defrag SmartDefrag exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system lxcycoms exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Microsoft LifeCam MSCamS exe C Program Files Nero Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system MsPMSPSv exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe C WINDOWS vVX exe C Program Files Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system RunDLL exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCTray exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe Pseudo HJT Report uSearch Page hxxp www yahoo com uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uSearch Bar mSearch Page hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local mSearchAssistant uURLSearchHooks YTNavAssistPlugin Class ea - aa - a a- - af e d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO RoboForm d a - d - d - - e a - c program files siber systems ai roboform roboform dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper bb-d f - c-b eb-d daf d d - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO A D F - B- FE -ABEB- B E E CD - No File BHO avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class e e f - ce- c -bc -eabfe f c - c program files java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll TB amp RoboForm d a - d - d - - e a - c program files siber systems ai roboform roboform dll TB avast WebRep e e -ad d- bf-ac d-d f d - c program files avast software avast aswWebRepIE dll TB Ya... Read more

A:Remains of about:blank bho

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps.===Please download ComboFix from one of these locations:Link 1Link 2* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your DesktopDisable your Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Close any open browsers, and all other programs working. Make sure you save your file if working on a document.
Do not install any other programs until this if fixed.[/b]
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
Some Rookit infection may damage your boot sector. The Windows Recovery Console may be needed to restore it. Do not bypass this installation. You may regret it.**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.Note: If you have difficulty properly disabling your protection programs, refer to this link --> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic114351.htmlDo not mouse click ComboFix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall===Third party programs if not up to date can be the cause of infiltration an infection.Please run this security check for my review.Download Security Check by screen317 from here.Save it to your Desktop.Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.===Note: If after running ComboFix you get this error message "Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion." when attempting to run a program all you need to do is restart the computer to reset the registry.Please post the logs and let me know if the problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/456991/remains-of-aboutblank-bho/
Relevancy 37.41%

my kaspersky deteted multipacked malware and found n setup exe as generic trojan but in don't know where i got this pls analyze my log fileDeckard's System Scanner v Run by m on - - Computer is in Normal Mode ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Restore --------------------------------------------------------------Successfully created a Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point -- Last Restore Point s -- - - UTC - RP - Deckard's System Scanner Restore Point - - UTC - RP I Pc Remains My Untreated Think - Installed QuickTime - - UTC - RP - Software Distribution Service - - UTC - RP - Printer Driver Microsoft Office Document Image Writer Installed - - UTC - RP - Configured Microsoft Office Enterprise -- First Restore Point -- - - UTC - RP I Think My Pc Remains Untreated - System CheckpointBacked up registry hives Performed disk cleanup Total Physical Memory MiB MiB recommended -- HijackThis run as m exe ---------------------------------------------------Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v I Think My Pc Remains Untreated Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS I Think My Pc Remains Untreated System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Documents and Settings m Desktop dss exeC DOCUME m Desktop m exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO IEVkbdBHO - AB -E D - F -A A - FA CCA C - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ievkbd dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLLO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security avp exe quot O - HKLM Run GrooveMonitor quot C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item Add to Banner Ad Blocker - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Internet Security ie banner deny htmO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Web traffic... Read more

A:I Think My Pc Remains Untreated

My kaspersky detected so many trojans and worms last night. I used the deckardsystem scanner and i found a suspicious program
C:\WINDOWS\iun6002.exe <Not Verified; Indigo Rose Corporation; Setup Factory 6.0 Runtime Module>

Is it a spyware?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/156429/i-think-my-pc-remains-untreated/
Relevancy 37.41%

My son s computer has been invested by a whole bunch of nasty criders surfing the web without protection At last he carried it over to my house for me to look at While I have some experience enough to be dangerous I have to admit I have very little experience with virus s adware spyware and the like I have managed to clean most problems Looks Cleaned Like Some But Remains Most Still off but still have the desktop background screen changing on me and posting the WARNING you have been infected by install etc Blue screen Yellow box SOUND FAMILIAR Also had the Taskmanger lockout and regedit lockout happening I have cleared at least one profile and can access that now Unfortunately somewhere along the way the ethernet conection profile has been compromised and will not allow me to hookup to the net another problem I will have to fix Not sure if this is related to the infestation or the removal of infestation So any log postings will have to be USB d over to my PC to be uploaded Any Sugestions help would be appreciated Ome

A:Cleaned Most But Looks Like Some Still Remains

Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs and save it to your desktop.Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.Reboot your computer when done.http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/s...Disinfector.exerun this on the drive and on the good computerhttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry811062use this guide to download the installer for MBAMhttp://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam/database/mbam-rules.exeon the good computer practise setting up MBAM and applying the updates manuallyhere's another program to get on to the usb drivehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/131299/how-to-use-sdfix/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149790/cleaned-most-but-looks-like-some-still-remains/
Relevancy 37.41%

hi. i installed ares, the p2p software, and later i found out that it came with some sort of spyware, "navexcel" or something. so i uninstalled navexcel (not ares) from control panel, and it said that uninstallation was complete but some files still remain (possibly in use). it also said to restart windows and then it'll all be completely removed. so yeaha, i restarted and just after i enter my password i hear a beep sound, like a pop up message appeared. the pop up message appears and it says that "uninstallation of navexcel is complete" yea, so it seems everything is fine.

BUT
this pop up message appears EVERYTIME start my computer. ive tried spyware search and destroy and ad aware (smart scan) and everything seems to be okay. but whys the pop up message keep coming up everytime i start windows??

please please help me : S

help will be greatly appreciated!

A:spyware still remains?

This is just my opinion on spyware.........it might take days to clean your system, and you will need expert help. You could start by posting a 'HiJackThis' log in the security forum etc. and eventually you might just get everything cleaned and get your computer back to normal.

Or you could reinstall the OS, which might take an hour or so and be done with it. Now that's providing that you know how to install the OS and you have all of the things you might need, like the OS cd, drivers etc.

Last but not least, if you're going to use P2P networks, software and the like, then you can expect this sort of thing to happen to you all of the time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/spyware-still-remains.358785/
Relevancy 37.41%

I've been working on this all day CWS isn't detected by HijackThis it seems But yet everytime I go to an odd site like www google com asdjfalsfcj it brings up the same page under all the names reportedly known as CWS I need to get rid of it somehow -- I have no idea what to do Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLLC WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXEC WINDOWS Remains Still Coolwebsearch From SYSTEM MPREXE EXEC PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS RTVSCN EXEC PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS DEFWATCH EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tskC WINDOWS EXPLORER EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXEC PROGRAM FILES NORTON ANTIVIRUS VPTRAY EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXEC PROGRAM FILES INTERNET EXPLORER IEXPLORE EXEC Still Remains From Coolwebsearch WINDOWS NOTEPAD EXEC WINDOWS DESKTOP HIJACKTHIS EXEO - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDOWS scanregwx exe autorunO - HKLM Run TaskMonitor Still Remains From Coolwebsearch C WINDOWS taskmonx exeO - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray ExeO - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll x exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrSchemeO - HKLM Run vptray C Program Files Norton AntiVirus vptray exeO - HKLM Run StillImageMonitor C WINDOWS SYSTEM stimonx exeO - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll x exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrSchemeO - HKLM RunServices SSDPSRV C WINDOWS SYSTEM ssdpsrvx exeO - HKLM RunServices rtvscn C Program Files Norton AntiVirus rtvscn exeO - HKLM RunServices defwatch C Program Files Norton AntiVirus defwatch exeO - HKLM RunServices Srv spool service C WINDOWS System spool srv x exeO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C PROGRAM FILES AIM AIM EXEAny help

A:Still Remains From Coolwebsearch

You did not post the entire logDownLoad http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/cwshredder.zipClose all browser windows,UnZip the file, click on the cwshredder.exe then click "Fix"Get all of these and/or verify you have the current versionsSpywareBlaster 3.4 http://majorgeeks.com/download2859.htmlSpyBot V1.4 http://www.majorgeeks.com/download2471.html AdAware SE 1.06 http://www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html DownLoad them (they are free), install them, check each for their definition updates and then run AdAware, and Spybot, fixing anything they say.In SpywareBlaster - Always enable all protection after updatesIn SpyBot - After an update run immunize

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/38000/still-remains-from-coolwebsearch/
Relevancy 37.41%

The dma-checkboxes of my 2 cd- stations as well as the one of my HD remains unchecked, no matter what I do. On a former installation of Win 98 (from the same original cd!) dma could be turned on, but now it does not seem to work anymore. What is left to do to turn DMA on?

Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys i got whacked by a drive by download on the night of the thall Of Vundo, Remains But Something Got Still Rid kinds of nastiness broke looseafter fighting it back winning small battles i had it down to one piece an quot Adware Virtumonde quot that was being rather unremoveable however I found quot VundoFix quot through this board and that cleared that up HOWEVER now there is still something left that is opening IE sites in the background quot Invisibly quot directing it to various maliscous sites that are now blocked and harmless also it Got Rid Of Vundo, But Something Still Remains goes to tvtopbytes and plays audio over my speakers which is particularly annoying ANYWAY here is the hijack this log hopefully you can point me to something I missed Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Got Rid Of Vundo, But Something Still Remains Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEC WINDOWS runservice exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Got Rid Of Vundo, But Something Still Remains Anti-Spyware avgas exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee HackerWatch HWAPI exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exec program files common files mcafee mna mcnasvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exeC PROGRA McAfee MSC mcpromgr exec PROGRA COMMON mcafee redirsvc redirsvc exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exeC PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files Rockwell RNADiagReceiver exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files Rockwell Software RSView Enterprise RsActivityLogServ exeC PROGRA COMMON McAfee EmProxy emproxy exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Documents and Settings Joseph Woodrell Desktop desktop HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - c PROGRA mcafee VIRUSS scriptcl dllO - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dllO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run AVG Anti-Spyware quot C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware avgas exe quot minimizedO - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - DPF EB E A- A - AB -A FB- BD C F F CKAVWebScan Object - http www kaspersky com kos eng partner d can unicode cabO - Service Ad-Aware Service aawservice - Lavasoft AB - C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeO - Service AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s r o - C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeO - Service BrSplService Brother XP spl Service - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system brsvc a exe file missing O - Service C-DillaCdaC BA - Macrovision - C WINDOWS system drivers CDAC BA EXEO - Service DomainService - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system evjikxqc exe file missing O - Service McAfee E-mail Proxy Emproxy - McAfee Inc - C PROGRA COMMON McAfee EmProxy emproxy exeO - Service InstallDriver Table Manager IDriverT - Macrovision Corporation - C Program Files Common Files InstallShield Driver Intel IDriverT exeO - Service iPod Service - Apple Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exeO - Service LicCtrl Service LicCtrlService - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS runservice exeO - Service McAfee Hacker... Read more

A:Got Rid Of Vundo, But Something Still Remains

Welcome to BC Download Combofix and save it to your desktop.http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exeNote: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktopClose any open browsers.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts.When finished, it shall produce a log for you.Post the ComboFix.txt and a fresh Hijackthis log in your next reply.Note:Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96789/got-rid-of-vundo-but-something-still-remains/
Relevancy 37.41%

I m having the EXACT same problem AntiVirusGold Remains imagine that Seems like it s gone but the AntiVirusGold Remains display is still black AntiVirusGold Remains and I can t access all the menus of the display control panel here is the hijack log run about an hour ago any insight you could provide would be greatly appreciated Thanks Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe C Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings Administrator My Documents System repair July hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com F - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe msmsgs exe O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll file missing O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run REGSHAVE C Program Files REGSHAVE REGSHAVE EXE AUTORUN O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar search - res C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll SEARCH HTML O - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsearch html O - Extra context menu item Backward Links - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmbacklinks html O - Extra context menu item Cached Snapshot of Page - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmcache html O - Extra context menu item Similar Pages - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmsimilar html O - Extra context menu item Translate into English - res c program files google GoogleToolbar dll cmtrans html O - Extra button SideStep - E - C - D -A C - A B B - C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files SbCIe a dll file missing O - Extra button AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Extra Tools menuitem AOL Toolbar - D A-C B- -B B-B B E D C - C Program Files AOL Toolbar toolbar dll O - Extra button Real com - CD F -D E - d - FE- C F AFE - C WINDOWS System Shdocvw dll O - Winlogon Notify igfxcui - C WINDOWS SYSTEM igfxsrvc dll O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation Service ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service ewido security suite control - ewido networks - C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe O - Service Iomega App Services - Iomega Corporation - C PROGRA Iomega System AppServices exe O - ... Read more

A:AntiVirusGold Remains

Hi M Fortier and welcome to TSG,

I'm splitting your post off in to a thread of your own as it's difficult to help more than one person in a thread at a time.

Please download and run the following program(s):

AD-AWARE

Go here and download Ad-Aware SE.

Install the program and launch it.

First, in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From the main window, click Start then under Select a scan Mode tick Perform full system scan.

Next, deselect Search for negligible risk entries.

Now to perform a scan, click the Next button.

When the scan is finished, mark everything for removal and get rid of it. To do so, right-click in the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and then click Next)

Restart your computer.
SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY

Go here and download Spybot Search & Destroy.

Install the program and launch it.

Before scanning press Online and Search for Updates .

Put a check mark at and install all updates.

Click Check for Problems and when the scan is finished let Spybot fix/remove all it finds marked in RED.

Restart your computer.

Then, after rebooting, please post another log and we’ll see what’s left to get rid of.
Go here to download CCleaner.
Install CCleaner
Launch CCleaner and look in the upper right corner and click on the "Options" button.
Click "Advanced" and remove the check by "Only delete files in Windows temp folders older than 48 hours".
Click OK
Do not run CCleaner yet. You will run it later in safe mode.
Download the trial version of Ewido Security Suite here.
Install ewido.
During the installation, under "Additional Options" uncheck "Install background guard" and "Install scan via context menu".
Launch ewido
It will prompt you to update click the OK button and it will go to the main screen
On the left side of the main screen click update
Click on Start and let it update.
DO NOT run a scan yet. You will do that later in safe mode.

Click here for info on how to boot to safe mode if you don't already know how.
Now copy these instructions to notepad and save them to your desktop. You will need them to refer to in safe mode.
Restart your computer into safe mode now. Perform the following steps in safe mode:
* Run Ewido:
Click on scanner
Click Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
During the scan it will prompt you to clean files, click OK
When the scan is finished, look at the bottom of the screen and click the Save report button.
Save the report to your desktop.

Start CCleaner and click Run Cleaner
Go to Control Panel - Internet Options. Click on the Programs tab then click the "Reset Web Settings" button. Click Apply then OK.
Restart back into Windows normally now.
Do a Panda Active Scan. Be sure to save the log it creates.
Come back here and post a new HijackThis log, as well as the logs from the Ewido scan and Panda scans.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/antivirusgold-remains.380976/
Relevancy 37.41%

I want links in OE to open in new browser windows.

To do so, I must edit URL: http and secured http in explorer>tools>file types to remove the check mark in USE DDE for "open".

Now, I can do that, and it stays unchecked until I sign off and on again, or reboot.

It used to stay unchecked, but now no joy.

Anyone have a way to keep it staying unchecked?

A:USE DDE remains checked

try no 30

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-dde-remains-checked.772127/
Relevancy 37.41%

How can we detect those unremoved remains after we have
(1) made use of uninstaller tools, and
(2) cleared the registry via regedit?

A:Unremoved Remains

What unremoved remains do you suspect? Can you be more specific as to what it is you're looking for?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/459941/unremoved-remains/
Relevancy 37.41%

spybot keeps showing a DSO exploit on a computer i'm updating pretty sure it has something to do with usynuiuhja exe or pumazpnse exe but i'm not sure any help would be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Exploit remains DSO Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C DSO Exploit remains Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard nhksrv exe C WINNT System CTsvcCDA exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus IWP NPFMntor exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT system devldr exe C Program Files Creative SBLive AudioHQ AHQTB EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Mouse point exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard mmusbkb exe C WINNT System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard TrayMon exe C Program Files Netropa Onscreen Display OSD exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exe C Documents and Settings Bryan and Amy Kuntz Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run POINTER point exe O - HKLM Run AdaptecDirectCD quot C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe quot O - HKLM Run MULTIMEDIA KEYBOARD C Program Files Netropa Multimedia Keyboard MMKeybd exe O - HKLM Run Speed racer C Program Files Creative PlayCenter CTSRReg exe O - HKLM Run AudioHQ C Program Files Creative SBLive AudioHQ AHQTB EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINNT Updreg exe O - HKLM Run LoadQM loadqm exe O - HKLM Run MoneyStartUp quot C Program Files Microsoft Money System Activation exe quot O - HKLM Run HPDJ Taskbar Utility C WINNT System spool drivers w x hpztsb exe O - HKLM Run Svhost svhosth exe svhosth bat O - HKLM Run Windows Compliant shdtbb exe O - HKLM Run Compliant pumazpnse exe O - HKLM Run Windows Network Service winvc exe O - HKLM Run Printer C dipset exe O - HKLM Run WindowsRegKey update usynuiuhja exe O - HKLM Run WinStabilizer WinStabilizer exe O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run SSC UserPrompt C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center UsrPrmpt exe O - HKLM Run Symantec NetDriver Monitor C PROGRA SYMNET SNDMon exe O - HKLM RunServices Windows Compliant shdtbb exe O - HKLM RunServices Compliant pumazpnse exe O - HKLM RunServices Windows Network Service winvc exe O - HKLM RunServices WindowsRegKey update usynuiuhja exe O - HKLM RunServices WinStabilizer WinStabilizer exe O - HKCU Run MSMSGS C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe background O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe... Read more

A:DSO Exploit remains

Hi and Welcome to TSF

Before attacking an adware/spyware problem with hijackthis make sure you have already run ad-aware SE with VX2 add-on cleaner, Spybot Search & Destroy (with updated database) and CWShredder as these programs will clean a lot of the crap out first. All links to programs are in my signature. Ok..on to the log?..

Please visit this site...http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4392.html and download the patch for spybots DSO issue.

Download and install CleanUp http://cleanup.stevengould.org/

If you have a highspeed connection please Run an online virus scan from TrendMicro Please select the ?autoclean? option when prompted to do so. You have several trojans and worms running!!

Open My Computer-->Tools-->Folder Options-->View-->Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders. Uncheck the Hide protected operating system files and click YES and then OK..

Reboot into Safe Mode (hit F8 key until menu shows up). Make sure to close any open browsers. Check and fix the following in HijackThis if they still exist (make sure you do not miss an entry)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Svhost] svhosth.exe svhosth.bat
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Compliant] shdtbb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Compliant] pumazpnse.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Network Service] winvc32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Printer] C:\dipset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WindowsRegKey update] usynuiuhja.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinStabilizer] WinStabilizer.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Compliant] shdtbb.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Compliant] pumazpnse.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [Windows Network Service] winvc32.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [WindowsRegKey update] usynuiuhja.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [WinStabilizer] WinStabilizer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Windows Compliant] shdtbb.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Compliant] pumazpnse.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WindowsRegKey update] usynuiuhja.exe
O23 - Service: WinStabilizer - Unknown - C:\WINNT\System32\WinStabilizer.exe

Delete the following Files/Folders in RED (delete folders if no filename is specified or they are RED) according to their directory (If you can't find them...do a search for them?make sure you have search hidden files, folders, sub directorys..ect enabled if it applys to your OS)

C:\WINNT\System32\WinStabilizer.exe
C:\dipset.exe
svhosth.exe
svhosth.bat
shdtbb.exe
pumazpnse.exe
winvc32.exe
usynuiuhja.exe <---likely locations for those files are in the system32 and windows folder. Search the entire drive though!

Now run cleanup...and reboot when prompted.

Once done reboot into Normal Mode and post a new HijackThis log file to confirm what was removed and if it's clean or not.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/dso-exploit-remains-31743.html
Relevancy 37.41%

hello i am dealing with a ntfs missing message and i tried everything i have dealt with this before i didnt care much about the files so this time i went ahead and formated my western digital gig it took a number of attempts to get xp pro installed i finally was able to get all files to load and copy then right at the end the windows logo came up with the little night rider bar running across the bottom and my system re booted and i got the ntfs missing message again how can this be even after i wiped out the harddrive ive done everything neccessary in my bios removed ram swaped ram i even tryed other harddrives and im still getting the same message im two steps remains corruption from throwing my pc out the window what the f is going on could it be my motherboard somehow containing memory im seriously at a lose PLEASE HELP anybody PLEASE thanks nbsp

A:corruption remains

Maybe microsoft can help:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822800/EN-US

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/corruption-remains.414475/
Relevancy 37.41%

My friend's machine started out with 31 viruses. I have run AdAware SE and AVG and removed all but 1 of them. I can't get the last one.
The hijack this scan shows:

HKLM\..\run for 2 entries for AVG
HKLM\..\run [oxfywjc] windows\system32\nojtoqo.exe r
winlogin notify runonce c:\windows\system32\mohtml.dll
service, 2 entries for AVG
sevice system startup c:\windows\svcproc.exe

When I delete the line oxfywjc, it is recreated with a different name. MOHTML line will also not delete.

Any ideas.

A:One virus remains

Could I see a full log please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/23790/one-virus-remains/
Relevancy 37.41%

On my desktop, I cannot display any background I select in control panel, under display. I had a battle with Anti Virus Gold and it is dead. I would like to be able to display my family pictures again. Any help?

Relevancy 37.41%

Hi all-haven't posted lately because I haven't broken anything in quite some time.Anyway,I threw a copy of 7 on a lappy running Vista,and after the dog and pony show of drivers and Acer crapware,it's running pretty darn good on 1 Gig of Ram.Problem is,the install didn't delete everything from the previous OS like it has in the past.Disk Clean-up Utility allowed me to remove "previous versions",gaining me @ 32 Gigs,but a crap load of data remains-presumably the some 125 programs (previous owner was the King of software redundancy),and all of the usual music,pix,etc. Any way to track down and delete this stuff? It's one drive formatted as a single partition,just as it was prior to installation.Not sure why this wasn't all deleted,as I've not had this problem performing the same operation in the past. Anyone?

A:7 Is on,but Vista remains

Easy solution: Do a clean install of win7. Boot from win7 dvd, delete existing partition, format hdd, create partitions, install win7. This will remove everything on your computer including the crap and YOUR data, so backup everything valuable before doing this. You'll need to reactivate windows, I think you have a retail version there so shouldnt be a problem and reinstall drivers and apps.

Difficult solution: remove all unwanted programs with something like PC decrapifier, remove left over files and folders manually, delete obsolete registry entries with CCleaner and at the end still have a lot of junk left over and a computer which probably runs sluggishly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/120063-7-but-vista-remains.html
Relevancy 36.98%

My other machine has some kind of malware; this one has never been used much and I assume it's clean but I've been checking it just in case; scan logs show a lot of what looks like bloatware that came with Windows, although there's very little left to remove via Control Panel. 

Wondering what's reputable to clean up the remains? Perhaps not everything shows up in Add/Remove prgrams in 8? Or if someone who's kept up with these things better than I have needs to point out what is and isn't useful, check if I actually use possibly useless things and so on?

A:Removing bloatware or remains of

Hi moveon If you want, I can help you see what bloatware you have installed on your system and which one to remove. In order to do so, I'll need a list of your installer programs. Follow the instructions below in order to provide me that list.MiniToolBoxDownload MiniToolBox and move the executable file to your Desktop;Execute MiniToolBox and check the following options:List Installed Programs;List Last 10 Event Viewer Errors;Once this is done, click on Go and wait for the scan to complete;Once the scan is complete, a log will open. Please copy/paste the content of the output log in your next reply;

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573664/removing-bloatware-or-remains-of/
Relevancy 36.98%

I've run AVG Anti-virus Ad-aware CWShredder Spyware Remains Please. Coolwebsearch Help and nothing shows up anymore but it's still affecting my computer I'm a newbie at spyware so it's really been a disaster for me trying to figure this one out since I've been reading about how it's near impossible to remove I would appreciate any help Help Please. Coolwebsearch Spyware Remains ThanksLogfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system csrss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Help Please. Coolwebsearch Spyware Remains WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMAgent exeC WINDOWS system wdfmgr exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeC Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exeC Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exeC PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files AIM aim exeC WINDOWS System alg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Hijack HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - URLSearchHook no name - FFAAB -CD -AF C- B -E A FD C C - iesetupdll dll file missing O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocxO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX SMax PNP exeO - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot trayO - HKLM Run tgcmd quot C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe quot server startmonitor deafO - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exeO - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS System NeroCheck exeO - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeO - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe STARTUPO - HKLM Run AVG EMC C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgemc exeO - HKLM Run FLKPT br ken exeO - HKLM Run xsetup ms-its exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe installO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKLM Run hgqhp exe C WINDOWS system hgqhp exeO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - HKCU Run AIM C Program Files AIM aim exe -cnetwait odlO - HKCU Run Steam quot c program files steam steam exe quot -silentO - HKCU Run Utopia Angel quot C Utopia Angel Angel exe quot O - HKCU Run utsgmon FLKPT exeO - HKCU Run forces elite iesetupdll exeO - HKCU Run cmon NopeZ exeO - Global Startup Adobe Gamma Loader exe lnk C Program Files Common Files Adobe Calibration Adobe Gamma Loader exeO - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXEO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item LimeShop Preferences - file C Program Files LimeShop System Temp limeshop script htmO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C WINDOWS System msjava dllO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - Extra button PartyPoker com - B FE D - ... Read more

A:Help Please. Coolwebsearch Spyware Remains

Sorry for the delay. Are you still having problems? If so, please post a brand new hijackthis log as a reply to this topic. Also make sure you have followed all the instructions in this topic before you post your new log:Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/39741/help-please-coolwebsearch-spyware-remains/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,
I have a SONY VAIO laptop with Windows 7. Since last week, whenever I turn on my laptop, the CPU slowly climbs up to 100% and then stays there forever. Even after 30 minutes, it will remain 100%. And all this while, I am not running any programs. I ran MBAM and Super Anti Spyware but none showed me any malware. Tried cleanups in safe mode but still no success. Can someone please help me with this issue.

Thank you.

Edit: Task manager picture is now attached.

A:CPU constantly remains at 100 even with zero activity

Hello ebc1680:

A few minutes after bootup, start the Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), and observe CPU percentages for the idle system's processes. Please do not deliberately launch any applications like a browser or an email application, etc. while monitoring the task manager window.

It might simplify matters if you left-click the CPU header, in the Windows Task Manager, until a down arrow is shown, just to the right of "CPU", and scroll to the top of the window.

Please let us know which Image Names are using a great amount of CPU resources.

Thank you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/557188/cpu-constantly-remains-at-100-even-with-zero-activity/
Relevancy 36.98%

I would greatly appreciate some help advice with a problem I am having with my computer If it should be in another forum please can the admins please move it to the appropriate forum I have Windows XP SP installed on my pc all was fine until the other day when windows I had open would suddenly close and it was as if the mouse control was taken over and folders programs would open up of their own accord for instance my documents opened up and a !! - help remains Virus format after program on my system for no reason I am not on a LAN so it s no desktop remote control This continued to happen I tried different browsers but it made no difference it would also happen if I had my mail program opened it would shut that down too I ran my antivirus spyware programs and a couple of Trojans were found and removed I thought that would be the end of it Virus remains after format - help !! but no the same thing happened over and over I decided to format the disk and deleted all partitions and created a new one I have installed XP again and thought that would be ok to go I installed my antivirus software and all seemed fine then about mins into browsing the same problem reappeared I am at a complete loss as to what to do do I maybe have a boot sector virus It is obviously something which is hanging around the hardware even though it s been formatted I am starting an online course in the next couple of weeks and so I can really do without this Please can someone help me solve this problem before I go crazy nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi,
My desktop remains frozen after i turn my pc on...initially everythings fine but after half an hour or so the desktop freezes,i cant click on an icon, nor can i right click on an empty area. It gets really frustrating as i have to access the files placed on my desktop by opening my computer from the start menu. Taskbar works fine
Any solutions guys?

A:Desktop Remains Frozen,Help!

Do you have any yellow marks next to drivers? Are all of them updated, such as video and sound?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/59792-desktop-remains-frozen-help.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi y'all,

If your not sure on what I meant reading the Subject title... In XP Pro, add/remove window, I know that there's stuff in there that's been long gone from the hard-drive, but it says it's still there.

How does one get into those files and delete them manually, is it someplace in the registry? Or a file folder in the windows system?

Thanks, Wogster.

A:Add/Remove ? Stuff Remains, but gone from HDD.

Make sure you backup the registry before editing.
Select Start > Run

In the Open: line type regedit and press Enter.

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

The Add/Remove Programs list is built from the keys listed beneath the Uninstall folder.

Locate the key for the program that has been uninstalled, right click the key and click Delete.

Be very careful. Once the key has been deleted it's impossible to use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall if you make an incorrect selection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-stuff-remains-but-gone-from-hdd.213585/
Relevancy 36.98%

About a week Spyware Other Help! Remains, Gone Smitfraud But ago I noticed that IE's start page had been changed to MSN not by my choice Also IE lost the ability to play videos which required me to re-download active x Also around that time my virus scanner started giving me lots of quot alerts quot stating that spyware and some trojans had been quarantined Two days ago Smitfraud Gone But Other Spyware Remains, Help! computer started going completely crazy Started getting all these popups in IE Firefox is not affected at all although IE popups will show up at all times even when IE is not running Weird icons started showing up on my desktop and dll's are missing I've done the following Scanned computer with Adaware twice and removed all malicious items adaware found only about five Run Smitfraud Gone But Other Spyware Remains, Help! the Smitfraud fix my computer was infected and I did the fix Also ran AVG antispy which found a TON more stuff Virus scanned computer which found even more malware Quite a few of these were running on startup Note all of the above were done in regular mode I haven't done any in safe mode Despite all this I am still getting the crazy popups with IE whether IE is running or not and IE is running EXTREMELY slowly oh and start page still keeps going back to MSN I also seem to have a bunch of things still running at startup because my computer is really quot hanging quot Virus scan found a bunch of things that were running at startup and supposedly quarrantined them but I am still having issues Every time I restart my computer I have different icons in the systray Legit programs but I still have no clue why they are there now and they weren't before This is making me go crazy Latest HJT log is below Thanks for any help that can be offered Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C Program Files Eset nod krn exe C Program Files MUSICMATCH Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PcCtlCom exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C WINDOWS system devldr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN Tmntsrv exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN tmproxy exe C Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exe C WINDOWS system PdeSrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C PROGRA TRENDM INTERN PccGuide exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run MimBoot C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM mimboot exe O - HKLM Run DMXLauncher C Program Files Dell Media Experience DMXLauncher exe O - HKLM Run SystemOptimizer rundll exe quot C WINDOWS system cvlpsaww dll quot forkonce O - HKLM Run AAWTray C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe O - HKLM Run nod kui quot C Program Files Eset nod kui exe quot WAITSERVICE O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe O - Filter hijack text html - no CLSID - no file O - Service Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc - C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe O - Service AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s r o - C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe O - Service Canon Camera Access Library CCALib - Canon Inc - C Program Files Canon CAL CA... Read more

A:Smitfraud Gone But Other Spyware Remains, Help!

Welcome to the BleepingComputer HijackThis Logs and Analysis forum slothnamedslow My name is Richie and i'll be helping you to fix your problems.Your version of Sun Java is out of date.Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.Please follow these steps to remove older versions of Sun Java,and then update.1. Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE)2. Scroll down to where it says 'Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u2'.3. Click the "Download" button to the right.4. Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".5. The page will refresh.6. Click on the link to download 'Windows Offline Installation, Multi-language' and save to your desktop.7. Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.8. Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.9. Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.10. Click the Change/Remove button.11. Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.12. Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.13. Then from your desktop double-click on jre-6u2-windows-i586-p.exe to install the newest version.*NOTE*If you have previously downloaded ComboFix,please delete that version and download it again from below. Download Combofix and save to your desktop:Note: It is important that it is saved directly to your desktop Close any open browsers. Double click on combofix.exe and follow the prompts. When it's finished it will produce a log. Post the entire contents of C:\ComboFix.txt into your next reply. Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause the program to freeze/hang. Do NOT post the ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt unless I ask.Now go to: C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeRight click on Hijackthis.exe and select 'Rename', rename it to abc.batDouble click on abc.bat(which is still Hijackthis.exe),post that log into your next reply please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/108840/smitfraud-gone-but-other-spyware-remains-help/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey guys I have the same problem as the one in this thread I performed the recommended procedure nbsp nbsp Quote Originally Posted by fralo Booted from WINDOWS CD At language screen hit shift f to go cmd prompt diskpart list disk select disk clean all install windows With no result I even flashed my BIOS before booting on the remains after (bis) Virus formatting windows DVD while I did it from the desktop so I guess it's not enough but I have no clue how to perform that correctly I must add based on this old thread that my windows DVD is supposed to be clean I dled it with the help of the Microsoft Virus remains after formatting (bis) Windows and Office ISO Download Tool which was recommended by How to Geek Even if it was infected I don't think there is a single chance it was infected by the exact same virus I also burned on DVD the tool I use to detect the virus It's not a false positive because a lot of shit happened In fact I installed a Linux and even on this OS my connection had the same problem They are a DNS and a browser hijackers btw Oh and I didn't install any drivers so even if it want it couldn't connect to my router Weirdly enough it can detect the viruses only when I change the language for unicode softwares and reboot Thank you for your help

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/400008-virus-remains-after-formatting-bis.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi all,

Upon running MalwareBytes it reports that I have "Trojan.DNSChanger". The log says quarantined successfully and then requires reboot. Next time I run it, though, and it's still there.

So I decided to reformat and reinstall OS. I'm never had to do this before but am certain I did it correctly, having watched a youtube tutorial. I booted from my CD, highlighted the partition, clicked "delete". It then says 'unallocated space' as expected. I proceed with the install. But upon completion, the trojan remains!

In normal mode, I keep getting repetitious messages appearing on the taskbar saying something like 'malwarebytes: stopped outgoing message (svchost.exe).

I'm quite the novice, so any help you could provide is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Virus remains after formatting

Try this out for a reinstall: SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Whenever it says to "clean all", do it, not just a "clean", as in:

Quote:
Now type clean all <enter> you will get a blinking cursor telling you that clean all is working like in the second snip down, just relax and let it work.
NOTE: You could type clean instead to do the same thing quicker, but just without a secure erase.

Let me know how it goes.

Tutorial Credit:
Bare Foot Kid

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/242546-virus-remains-after-formatting.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I was swapping keyboards and when I tried to plug in the new one it didn't want to seat. Examining the older keyboard connector, a pin and the plastic (locator) was missing. It appears the port is hosting those pieces. Is it much trouble to dismantle the tower or is there a tool that can extract those pieces? Bill

Relevancy 36.98%

How do I remove my old Win Users remains folder Virtualized directory Like D Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Virtualized C Users Me AppData Roaming Dropbox shellext Win is already gone I'm basically just cleaning out my old disk MS is Virtualized folder remains very aggressively preventing me from deleting this folder though via Win How do I get rid of this old stuff Thx N B Near as I can Virtualized folder remains tell it's the last 'shellext' dir that cannot be found I already took ownership of all files btw D Users Me AppData Local gt cacls Microsoft L T G Everyone F Are you sure Y N y processed dir D Users Me AppData Local Microsoft processed dir D Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows processed dir D Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files processed dir D Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Virtualized processed dir D Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Virtualized D processed dir D Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Virtualized D Users processed dir D Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Virtualized D Users Me processed dir D Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Virtualized D Users Me AppData processed dir D Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Virtualized D Users Me AppData Roaming processed dir D Users Me AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Virtualized D Users Me AppData Roaming Dropbox The system cannot find the file specified

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3ed79718-d522-4ec8-835c-3ac350b881bb/virtualized-folder-remains?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 36.98%

How do I remove my old Win 7 Users directory? Like:

D:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\shellext

Win 7 is already gone (I'm basically just cleaning out my old disk). MS is very aggressively preventing me from deleting this folder, though (via Win 10).

How do I get rid of this old stuff?

Thx.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/44725-virtualized-folder-remains.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello For the past few weeks or so I've had an annoying pop-up whenever I start my laptop Unidentifiable mysearchdial pop-up and remains Problem is the pop-up stays for half a second then disappears - it's usually just blank and because it's gone so quickly I can't really do anything with it When I turn off all start-up applications in msconfig the pop-up seems to be gone as well but I can't identify the source which bothers me In this topic http www bleepingcomputer com forums t bothersome-start-up-thing entry it was suggested that it could be caused by a serial number not matching my legitimate Sims games Unidentifiable pop-up and mysearchdial remains yet the Unidentifiable pop-up and mysearchdial remains problem has only started since a few weeks and those games have been on my laptop for ages Another problem every time I scan for malware using MBAM I get MySearchDial in the results All the symptoms are already gone browser redirecting apps etc were Unidentifiable pop-up and mysearchdial remains removed a long time ago I thought it was clean but now this keeps popping up in my scans despite removing it with MBAM every time Moreover my laptop has some other strange problems lately I can't open MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit I can't open 'Change bluetooth settings' and recently it randomly tried to open Mail or a similar app I didn't really pay too much attention to it and it froze to a blue screen with cursor for about - seconds before trying to open something again This may just be bad luck of course but combined with the other things it becomes a bit suspicious So a summary of the symptoms that worry me - unidentifiable pop-up at startup - mysearchdial keeps popping up in MBAM scans despite telling MBAM to delete it - some problems with opening programs I really want to get rid of both the pop-up and the mysearchdial remains so I hope someone can tell me how to tackle those problems I'm not very tech savvy and all so maybe I just did something stupid I'm running Windows bit on my Asus laptop

A:Unidentifiable pop-up and mysearchdial remains

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536379/unidentifiable-pop-up-and-mysearchdial-remains/
Relevancy 36.98%

I noticed that iexplore.exe is running multiple times in taskmanager. After closing IE7, it is still showing in taskmanager. If I open IE7 again, another iexplore.exe task opens, and remains after closing the application. After several hours of work, with opening and closing IE, I have 5-10 iexplore.exe tasks open in taskmanager. This is different than some posts where iexplore.exe opens without any action - spyware. This is where the iexplore.exe remains after closing the application.

I've run CCleaner, Malwarebytes, and AdAware. No malware found, but cleaned temp files and cookies out of system. Problem still persists. Ran HiJackthis, log attached.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lance

A:IE remains in Taskmgr when closed

Hello! My name is Sam and I will be helping you. In order to see what's going on with your computer I will ask for you to post various logs from the tools that we will use to resolve your issue. Please also share with me any information about how your computer is reacting and behaving each step of the way as we work through this process.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from hereSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Push the "Run Scan" button.The scan should take just a few minutes.Copy the log that opens up and paste it back here in your next reply.=============The next log will show us any hidden files that are present.Download GMER from here:Unzip it to the desktop.Open the program and click on the Rootkit tab.Make sure all the boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for ?Show All?.Click on Scan.When the scan has run click Copy and paste the results (if any) into this thread.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/248920/ie-remains-in-taskmgr-when-closed/
Relevancy 36.98%

Ok my sister got a virus on her desktop and I removed alot of the damage. It screwed with drwat32 and dwwin, taskmgr, logongui. I fixed them simply by removal, and i managed to delete all the crap it placed in the Cdrive along with a.exe and msa.exe it placed in the windows folder.

Here is the problem. Cannot boot in safe mode, it just reboots, no bsod. chkdsk /f /r bsods around 50% of process 4/5. And last but not least, the c drive does not appear in the disk managment, or Id just move everything and reformat.
Can anyone help me fix these issues? The pc has no issues running besides these. I am on it right now and it works fine besides these issues. I want to fix them so I can avoid further or future problems. I have used trojan remover (full and payed for) and it comes up nothing wrong.

A:Cleaning the remains of a virus

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer.Please subscribe to your topic so that you will be notified as soon as I post a reply, instead of you having to check the topic all of the time. This will allow you to get an email notification when I reply.To subscribe, go to your topic, and at the top right hand corner by your first post, click the Options button and then click Track this topic. The bullet the immediate notification bubble. Then press submit.Lets take a look with MalwarebytesPlease download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here:MalwarebytesPlease rename the file BEFORE downloading to zztoy.exe instead of mbam-setup.exeMBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Double Click zztoy.exe to install the application.* Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.* Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.* Copy&Paste the entire MBAM report (even if it does not find anything) in your next reply Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process, if asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.If Malwarebytes won't install or runSome types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/267108/cleaning-the-remains-of-a-virus/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi I was told to run a dds and post the log in a new topic I have been unable to completely remove all traces of any IObit products In addition to the IObit problem I've been having trouble with my computer losing internet connection as well as slow loading pages and partially loaded pages that are half loaded page and half of a gray and white checkerboard pattern Also last week when I tried to access some photos I noticed that most if not all of the files in C drive were duplicated and I was not allowed permission to delete or open them Thank you in advance for your attention to this matter Sherry Perkins DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD Internet Explorer Run by Sherry around remains IObit are hanging at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F CFC - A -FC -EF - A E AB SP Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated F E - -F B -D A - IObit remains are hanging around EE D C SP Windows Defender Disabled Outdated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP IObit Malware Fighter Disabled Updated A AC - B - - A- C BB D Running Processes C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe C Windows system atiesrxx exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system atieclxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows System WUDFHost exe C Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RAVCpl exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite x SuiteTray exe C Program Files x EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe C Program Files x Acer clear fi Movie clear fiMovieService exe C Program Files x Acer Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe C Program Files x Qustodio qapp QAppTray exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files x Acer clear fi MVP clear fiAgent exe C Program Files x EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files x Acer clear fi MVP Kernel DMR CLMSService exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Program Files x Acer clear fi MVP Kernel DMR DMREngine exe C Program Files x Nero Update NASvc exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files x Qustodio qproxy qengine exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe C Program Files x Origin Origin exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows System cscript exe Pseudo HJT Report mWinlogon Shell Explorer exe BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll uRun cdloader C Users Sherry AppData Roaming mjusbsp cdloader exe MAGICJACK mRun SuiteTray C Program Files x EgisTec MyWinLockerSuite x SuiteTray exe mRun EgisTecPMMUpdate C Program Files x EgisTec IPS PmmUpdate exe mRun EgisUpdate C Program Files x EgisTec IPS EgisUpdate exe -d mRun StartCCC C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe MSRun mRun ArcadeMovieService C Program Files x Acer clear fi Movie clear fiMovieService exe mRun Hotkey Utility C Program Files x Acer Hotkey Utility HotkeyUtility exe mRun APSDaemon C Program Files x Common Files Apple Apple Application Support APSDaemon ex... Read more

A:IObit remains are hanging around

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.To attach a file select the "More Reply Option" and follow the instructions.How is the computer running?Wait for further instructions.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/552675/iobit-remains-are-hanging-around/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello I finally discovered I had malware and it corrupted I m assuming some Windows XP files I cannot get Regedit or MSConfig to work I have done some research and tried several things already but nothing has fixed the damaged files I was able to remove all of the viruses with Ad-Aware SE damage remains but gone Malware - please) (help Since then Malware gone but damage remains - (help please) I ve been trying to get Malware gone but damage remains - (help please) the Windows files fixed Here is what I have tried so far I used both ATF-Cleaner and KillBox to clean out my temp files I also went to RUN and typed sfc scannow I put in my installation disk when prompted and let it run its course No help I booted with installation disk and tried to repair the OS installation That did not work because the option to REPAIR the installation wasn t even available I was trying to repair the installation without loading Recovery Console I read somewhere not to Malware gone but damage remains - (help please) go into the Repair Console so I didn t They said I should have been able to repair the OS installation without going into the Recovery Console but not in this case I then removed my installation disk and went back into Windows I read some more and then ended up using Brute Force Uninstaller BFU with the alcanshorty bfu script BFU ran its course but did not fix my problem I kept the BFU report for your reference See below I also used Hijackthis to run a report on my system I did not attempt any repairs with Hijackthis I don t know enough about these problems to try something as advanced as that See report below Finally I found a workaround that let me access the utilities It gave me a temporary solution but did not repair any damage Here is where I found the workaround and some information about it http www dougknox com xp utils xp emerutils htm Please help me find a solution I really want to use a clean re-install of my OS as a VERY LAST resort Thanks in advance for all of your assistance Here are the log files from BFU and Hijackthis for your review If you need more information let me know Cheers KYLE BFU v Windows XP SP WinNT SP Script started at AM on Option Unload Explorer Yes Failed DllUnregister C WINDOWS DH dll file not found Failed DllUnregister C Program Files Deskbar deskbar dll file not found Failed DllUnregister asappsrv dll file not found Failed ServiceStop Network Monitor service not found Failed ServiceStop cmdService service not found Failed ServiceDisable Network Monitor service not found Failed ServiceDisable cmdService service not found Failed ServiceDelete Network Monitor service not found Failed ServiceDelete cmdService service not found Failed RegDelValue HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegistryTools key not found Failed RegDelValue HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableTaskMgr key not found Failed RegDelValue HKCU System CurrentControlSet Control Lsa p pnetwork key not found Failed RegDelValue HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft OLE p pnetwork key not found Failed RegDelValue HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft OLE winlog key not found Failed RegDelValue HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion policies Associations LowRiskFileTypes key not found Failed RegDelValue HKCU Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion policies Explorer Run WinUpdate exe key not found Failed RegDelValue HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServices CU key not found Failed RegDelValue HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServices CU key not found Failed RegDelValue HKCU SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServices services key not found Failed RegDelValue HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServices p pnetwork key not found Failed RegDelValue HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServices ms-update key not found Failed RegDelValue HKLM SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion RunServices p pnetworking key not found Failed RegDelValue H... Read more

A:Malware gone but damage remains - (help please)

I think you would be best just to back up all your files and then do a clean install as sometimes a repair install might not work or could make things worse!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/malware-gone-but-damage-remains-help-please.500731/
Relevancy 36.98%

We use MATA demo in our company for almost a month It's still learning our environment My question is in the timeline for example it says computers accounts' credentials are exposed It's because of unencrypted communication of some of our machines We are trying to fix this unencrypted communication and we enabled ssl in one of our machines But MATA is still showing that this group of computers are sending credentials unencrypted One of remains still to understand How if problem the these How to understand if the problem still remains machines we removed from enviroment but it's still showing that this machine is communication unencrypted with our DC machines How can we understand that when is the last time a machine sent unencrypted information When I dive into the details tab time space is shown from the time we setup the MATA till now I find this information very basic and I can't get the details I want I know that MATA aims simplicity but when it comes to problem solving current detailed views are not enough

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1812d327-2a3b-4b90-a699-a227ed033b37/how-to-understand-if-the-problem-still-remains?forum=mata
Relevancy 36.98%

I have a hard drive that was once a boot drive for windows vista However I eventually switched boot drives and used a utility like unlocker to remove the system and Remains Old Windows Removing of or system folder and any other windows related folders as the HDD had acumulated alot of data at that Removing Old Remains of Windows point and I had no avaliable way to store a back up of the data and format it Now I am trying to install Debian and of course grub to a loan SSD former boot drive that has been formated completley but grub still detects that the TB was once used for windows because if I do Removing Old Remains of Windows an install of Debian and grub with only the SSD hooked up it does not detect windows How can I remove all traces of windows on my TB Can I back up only the data to another HHD and format the HDD then restore data Is it possible I simply need to delete or alter the mbr of the HDD I realize this is partially linux related but it is also partially windows related so I hope it is ok here I also realize this may be vista related rather then related but you guys offer the best windows support on the net imo If this should be moved elsewhere on the forum my apoligies for having posted in the wrong forum

A:Removing Old Remains of Windows

Quote: Originally Posted by TechN9Ne1730

How can I remove all traces of windows on my 1TB? Can I back up only the data to another HHD and format the HDD then restore data? Is it possible I simply need to delete or alter the mbr of the HDD?

If there is any data on it, copy the data to some other drive.

I'd use Diskpart to clean it, using the "clean" command. Diskpart is part of Windows and can be accessed from Windows or from a Windows install disk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/232640-removing-old-remains-windows.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello For the past few weeks or Unidentifiable pop-up remains mysearchdial and so I've had an annoying pop-up whenever I start my laptop Problem is the pop-up stays for half a second then disappears - it's usually just blank and because it's Unidentifiable pop-up and mysearchdial remains gone so quickly I can't really do anything with it When I turn off all start-up applications in msconfig the pop-up seems to be gone as well but I can't identify the source which bothers me In this topic http www bleepingcomputer com forums t bothersome-start-up-thing entry it was suggested that it could be caused by a serial number not matching my legitimate Sims games yet the problem has only started since a few weeks and those games have been on my laptop for ages Another problem every time I scan for malware using MBAM I get MySearchDial in the results All the symptoms are already gone browser redirecting apps etc were removed a long time ago I thought it was clean but now this keeps popping up in my scans despite removing it with MBAM every time Moreover my laptop has some other strange problems lately I can't open MalwareBytes Anti-Exploit I can't open 'Change bluetooth settings' and recently it randomly tried to open Mail or a similar app I didn't really pay too much attention to it and it froze to a blue screen with cursor for about - seconds before trying to open something again This may just be bad luck of course but combined with the other things it becomes a bit suspicious Then last I tried to run the DDS but it told me 'DDS is not meant to run in compatibility mode It will now exit ' I'm not trying to run it in compatibility mode Either way it's suspicious and annoying So a summary of the symptoms that worry me - unidentifiable pop-up at startup - mysearchdial keeps popping up in MBAM scans despite telling MBAM to delete it - some problems with opening programs including DDS I really want to get rid of both the pop-up and the mysearchdial residue so I hope someone can tell me how to tackle those problems and hopefully the DDS thing as well in case I need to move on to the removal forum I'm not very tech savvy and all so maybe I just did something stupid I'm running Windows bit on my Asus laptop

A:Unidentifiable pop-up and mysearchdial remains

Hello DDS will not run on a Win 8 System.Please repost here and state you are running Win8.Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536326/unidentifiable-pop-up-and-mysearchdial-remains/
Relevancy 36.98%

http www theregister co uk content ht Klez-H remains top nuisance By John Leyden Posted at GMT Klez yet again is the most-reported viral menace on the Internet The virus accounted for per cent of support calls in April to AV firm top nuisance Klez-H remains Sophos April marks the fifteenth month on the trot that Klez-H has appeared in Sophos top ten chart The only new entry on Sophos April chart is Datemake a type of malware known as a Klez-H remains top nuisance dialler quot Datemake is programmed to dial a premium rate telephone line typically with the intent of gaining access to adult material quot explained Graham Cluley senior technology consultant Klez-H remains top nuisance at Sophos Anti-Virus quot Businesses should apply strict computing guidelines to prevent getting stung by a huge telephone bill and being embarrassed by these seedy programs quot Sophos detected new viruses worms and Trojan horses in April It now protects against in toto Over at managed security services firm MessageLabs the viral risk barometer is currently low At the time of writing only one in emails scanned by MessageLabs is contaminated with viruses Like Sophos MessageLabs reports that Klez-H is the current top threat nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/klez-h-remains-top-nuisance.131460/
Relevancy 36.98%

I got infected with this little pest a day ago So I spent all of yesterday attempting to get rid of the annoyance that is known as Spy Falcon So I followed everything in Remains In Spyfalcon Taskbar. the quot preparation guide for use before posting a hijackthis log quot page And that got rid of most of Spyfalcon The only thing that remains is the icon in the taskbar that pops up every once in awhile saying Spyfalcon Remains In Taskbar. quot Your computer is infected quot It has a red circle with a cross and switches to a green guy in a wheelchair I also followed the Spyfalcon Spyfalcon Remains In Taskbar. Removal guide yesterday I came across one problem that may be of help the dxmpp dll ginurep dll and twain dll files were not found in my System folder I looked manually and even used the search option But the guide said not to be alarmed if none of them were found but just in case I need to look for something else I mentioned it anyway I searched other topics for people with the same problem as me and ran Roguescanfix But it still hasn't worked So here is my logfile Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exec program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exec PROGRA mcafee com vso mcshield exec PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system UAService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exeC Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeC PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exec progra mcafee com vso mcvsescn exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Share-to-Web hpgs wnf exeC WINDOWS explorer exeC Documents and Settings Matt MATT-PPNOOOTY L Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com customize rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize www yahoo comR - URLSearchHook no name - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - CFBFAE - A - D - CB- C FD - no file O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dllO - BHO Nothing - b eca- bcd- - - e dc d - C WINDOWS system hp DCE tmp file missing O - Toolbar Viewpoint Toolbar - F AD AA -D - - DAF- D B - C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Toolbar ViewBar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar no name - DA C - F- a- CD- CFE CFF - no file O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll file missing O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dllO - Toolbar McAfee VirusScan - BA B -B - c -B - F F - c progra mcafee com vso mcvsshl dllO - HKLM Run VSOCheckTask quot C PROGRA McAfee com VSO mcmnhdlr exe quot checktaskO - HKLM Run VirusScan Online C Program Files McAfee com VSO mcvsshld exeO - HKLM Run OASClnt C Program Files McAfee com VSO oasclnt exeO - HKLM Run MCAgentExe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exeO - HKLM Run MCUpdateExe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcupdate exeO - HKLM Run MSConfig C WINDOWS PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe autoO - Global Startup Logitech SetPoint lnk C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeO - Extra context menu item amp AOL Toolbar Search - c program files aol aol toolbar resources en-US local search htmlO - Extra context menu item amp Google Search - res C Program Files Goo... Read more

A:Spyfalcon Remains In Taskbar.

Oops wrong thread. I'll reply here in a minute.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51798/spyfalcon-remains-in-taskbar/
Relevancy 36.98%

i know i have a topic like this already but it wouldn't let me edit or delete it because this is the format i wanted please remove that first one as the report below is the most recent one sorry for the trouble hi i was hit by the windows antivirus last night i have xp sp and i've used Malwarebytes spybot search amp destroy i don't use teatimer symantic anti-virus gooredfix oldtimer dr web cure it SUPERAntiSpyware panda rootik or something along those lines and ATF Google still remains redirect Cleaner so far to get rid of the problems the majority of the virus is gone but the google redirect still remains on all my browsers IE Mozilla opera what else Google redirect still remains can i use here's my log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS Google redirect still remains system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC Google redirect still remains WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Webshots webshots scrC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localO - BHO Octh Class - B - B - -B F -F B EFC - C Program Files Orbitdownloader orbitcth dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files FlashGet jccatch dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C Program Files Real RealPlayer rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Video Download Toolbar Helper - BD C- E - E - E - A F BBF EA - C Program Files Video Download Toolbar v Video Download Toolbar dllO - BHO Video Download Toolbar IE Browser Helper Object - B A - A - DC -AC - EB E - C PROGRA VIDEOD V RESOUR VIDEOD DLLO - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C PROGRA FlashGet getflash dllO - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRA FlashGet fgiebar dllO - Toolbar no name - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - no file O - Toolbar Video Download Toolbar - E BE D-A A- F - DC - F A CC - C Program Files Video Download Toolbar v Video Download Toolbar dllO - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINDOWS IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run PHIME ASync C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE SYNCO - HKLM Run PHIME A C WINDOWS system IME TINTLGNT TINTSETP EXE IMENameO - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osbootO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader ... Read more

A:Google redirect still remains

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/253084/google-redirect-still-remains/
Relevancy 36.98%

How do I remove my old Win 7 Users directory? Like:

D:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Virtualized\C\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\shellext

Win 7 is already gone (I'm basically just cleaning out my old disk). MS is very aggressively preventing me from deleting this folder, though (via Win 10).

How do I get rid of this old stuff?

Thx.

Relevancy 36.98%

Hi folks I have been posting on another Web site to try and solve this problem I've been having After two weeks the other site is stumped so before I set fire to and remains Two problem weeks the computer I'd really like to see if I could get some help here The problem is that Internet Explorer is running in the background I can see it in Windows Task Manager I try to close it but it pops back up seconds later Ad popups come up sporadically -- maybe every minutes I hear the quot click quot of a new browser window opening every seconds -- though no browser window comes up Finally whatever window I'm working on is constantly deselected sometimes every seconds This means that if I'm watching a movie show full screen the screen returns to the small version I've deleted all my P P programs Pokerstars Messenger I've updated my AVG Free Internet Explorer now runs and Java On the other site I've run the following programs and nothing has come up HJT Super Anti Spyware Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Security Check by screen ComboFix by sUBs ESET OnlineScan GMER Rootkit Scanner RootRepeal - Rootkit Detector Dr Web CureIt SysProt Antirootkit Used the Windows XP CD to run sfc scannow As per your instructions I downloaded DDS and will paste the log below I tried to run GMER but just like before the program crashed and gave me a blue screen However just before it crashed it said that a problem lay with a file called pxtdapow sys I'm not sure if that means anything Thank you in advance GDT DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Dave's at on Fri Internet Explorer Two weeks and problem remains BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Outdated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Cisco Systems VPN Client cvpnd exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files M-Audio M-Audio Series II MIDI MA CMIDI Inst exe svchost exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system PSIService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C WINDOWS system KADxMain exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Dell MediaDirect PCMService exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files Corel Corel Snapfire Plus Corel Photo Downloader exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Dave's Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google ca uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO Octh Class b - b - -b f -f b efc - c program files orbitdownloader orbitcth dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO AVG Safe Search ca f - f e- b -a e- e e c c - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Hel... Read more

A:Two weeks and problem remains

Please download MBRCheck.exe to your desktop.Be sure to disable your security programs
Double click on the file to run it (Vista and Windows 7 users will have to confirm the UAC prompt)
A window will open on your desktop
if an unknown bootcode is found you will have further options available to you, at this time press N then press Enter twice.
If nothing unusual is found just press Enter
A .txt file named MBRCheck_mm.dd.yy_hh.mm.ss should appear on your desktop.
Please post the contents of that file.

Also, the Attach.txt from DDS is missing from your post. Please attach that in your next reply, also.

And please let the other site know you'll no longer be needing their help. Do not perform any steps going forward, other than those I ask you to.

Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/two-weeks-and-problem-remains-502165.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey I ve had this problem for a few weeks now lemme on. remains down, shuts Everything power but try and break it down understandably I have Microsoft WIndows Vista Home Premium SP AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor RAM Mhz With GB Doesn t run Everything shuts down, but power remains on. GB runs for a few minutes GB Randon shutdowns ATI Radeon HD Series MB Mhz Power CHIEFTEC W Model NO CFT- - CS V- V A A Hz- Hz I was watching a Everything shuts down, but power remains on. movie Everything suddenly shut down fans start making a lot of noise power remains on for eternity but all systems are down so to speak I hold power swtich turn the pc off and turn it back on again After second to minutes the pc does the exact same thing again In the end it wont even start up it just keeps shutting down instantly after turn on First I switch the display card black out cant remember it in english but you know what I mean and it makes no difference I had three GB RAMS installed all the same memory type etc Had them for a long time and had no problems However I took one out and the PC ran a bit further than before After a few minutes it shut down again the same way and I tried it for a few times So I took a second RAM out and it worked again Then I started playing with the RAM and put different ones in same slots then the same one in diffrent slots and the outcome pretty much is that it can take GB RAM in all slots and work with random shutdowns every now and then It seems to be connected on how much the pc is having to do work Adding GB more will shut the PC down after a few minutes of surfing the web or turning a game on etc with a chance GB s pretty much shuts the whole system down immediately GB has my PC shut down maybe once a day or once a week So the fault clearly isnt in the motherboard as I m using my pc now with GB It s not in the memory slots as I tested em It s not in the display thingy The only thing I haven t changed or tested is the power outlet whatever that is but again you get my point I m sure and I wouldn t want to take any ideas for possible other problems but is it possible for all this to be caused by the power thing I can t think of anything else as of now And I m sorta hoping it is cos I think I can still get a new one for free cos I bought it less than a year ago Would like to know if that s the cause before getting my head bit off my an angry salesclerk for wasting his time Thanks a whole lot quot Larry quot nbsp

A:Everything shuts down, but power remains on.

Actually your system Specs are important in a case like this. We can't troubleshoot an unknown. If you can't remember your system specs D/L and run Belarc Advisor from here. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html And include the make, Model and Amperage on the +12VDC rail(s) of your power supply which you can find on the label on the side of the Power Supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everything-shuts-down-but-power-remains-on.900352/
Relevancy 36.98%

Assalam Alaykom,
Peace be on to you....

I have ASUS Notebook with Windows 7 Home Premium x64..... I have downloaded Android skin pack.... but I felt I want to go back to the pure windows experience..... So I uninstalled the skin pack..... but I still find some remains from the android skin pack in some places..... I successfully removed most of them.... but I want to remove the one in the picture....

A:Removing the remains of skinpack

Welcome to the Seven Forums

Post a link to the skinpack so I can look at it.

Do Option 2 of this tutorial SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker it will not harm any data or programs you have installed it will try to find and repair any corrupt system files that you have. You may need to do this up to 3 times with a reboot after each scan.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/301311-removing-remains-skinpack.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I just upgraded my graphics card from the AMD Radeon 6670 up to the AMD Radeon 7850 (by XFX), and since then, my second monitor is remaining black. It is detected and I can drag windows over into the screen, but I cannot see them. The 7850 does not have a VGA port so I got a VGA to DVI converter and I believe that that may be the issue. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

A:Second monitor remains black

Which outputs do you have each plugged into, the DL-DVI-I and the HDMI, or the SL-DVI-D and the HDMI? Do they have to be the same for dual monitors? Like using both the mini Display Ports, instead? Does the 7850 manual mention anything?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/266703-second-monitor-remains-black.html
Relevancy 36.98%

After detecting Mufabom and Sheur I used anti-malware bytes to do a scan which seemed to remove them However problems continue After that sure anything Sheur3? if and remains... Not Mufanom I have gotten the BSOD Mufanom and Sheur3? Not sure if anything remains... twice in two days And internet seems to freeze and hitch up And-- what the heck is with Stopzilla Is Mufanom and Sheur3? Not sure if anything remains... it a virus or anti-virus I Mufanom and Sheur3? Not sure if anything remains... have tried to remove the remains of an old stopzilla program but whenever I do things get strange for instance -- I removed it and then could not run your anti-rootkit scan Once I reversed that removal it would let me run it It seems like the program puts in a command that whenever you remove it it causes problems Thanks for you help All of the following material are reads AFTER the removal of mufabom and sheur ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Niki at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Enabled Updated DDD - FF- F- E B- D D BF AV Disabled Outdated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW Disabled Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Verizon McciTrayApp exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C PROGRA WIDCOMM BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection Agent Bin AVGIDSAgent exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgalry exe C Program Files AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google com uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uDefault Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us mDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com mStart Page hxxp www yahoo com uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO a bc a - f - -aa - d c - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dll BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files adobe acrobat reader activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Ke... Read more

A:Mufanom and Sheur3? Not sure if anything remains...

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/406659/mufanom-and-sheur3-not-sure-if-anything-remains/
Relevancy 36.98%

Late last week some Had the virus, I remains. 9129837.exe think while surfing I believe I clicked a bad link Programs began acting strangely I opened task manager and saw a program running called exe I killed the process but when I did the computer began to shut down and reboot When it started back up exe was back I killed it again and tried running the follwing My Symantec AV would run but could not update defs Full scan showed nothing Spybot would not run start or run HiJackThis would not start or run ZoneAlarm was running but would let net traffic continue even after I set it to lock all I shut it down and booted with a quot Deepwater quot emergency CD and ran it s AV I forget which and it found and removed exe as well as brastia exe and nah xctp exe After finishing that and rebooting back into XP I get Had the 9129837.exe virus, I think some remains. a quot Generic Host Process For Win Services has closed quot crash window for SVCHOST exe and it asks me to send the crash data to MS I did that - but it offers no resolution or fix Now my computer can no longer see my home network either I m wondering if there are remenants of the above that are still wreaking havoc or if they ve changed some settings that I m missing to get my network visible again Any help is greatly appreciated Let me know what to do Running XP Pro SP Thanks

A:Had the 9129837.exe virus, I think some remains.

Still can't connect to my home network. No help?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/239692/had-the-9129837exe-virus-i-think-some-remains/
Relevancy 36.98%

My computer, despite running McAfee, got infected with multi-malwares and viruses. (Dell PC running Windows XP home). I ran McAfee plus another virus cleaner and I think I got rid of it, maybe? Anyway, the damage remains. It only works in Safe mode. Otherwise, the log screen comes up, but when I log on I get the wallpaper and nothing else.
Can't access internet.
Oh, and I'm denied access to the all users document file, where I kept my photos. Help? sounds like windows/registry damage. Reinstall? If so, how to do it with minimal disruption?
There's a picture of Malcolm X where there shouldn't be one. NO offense, Malcolm, but is that the signature of some virus?

A:Virus Gone(?) But Damage Remains

I would suggest following the instructions in the post by tg1911 that I have quoted below.Orange Blossom I suggest you post a HijackThis log for examination.A member of the HijackThis Team will walk you through, step by step, how to disinfect your computer.Once you post your log, don't make any changes to your system, as that could change the results of the posted log, making it more difficult to properly clean your system.Read Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log. Please read, and follow, all directions carefully!!!Then, run a log, and post it in the HijackThis forum, at this link. Do not, fix anything, yet.A member, of the HJT Team, will help you out.It may take a while to get a response, because the HJT Team are very busy. Please, be patient, as these people are volunteers. They will help you out, as soon as possible.NOTE:Once you have made the post, please, DO NOT make another post in the HJT forum, until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. The first thing they look for, when looking for logs to reply to, is 0 replies. If you make another post, there will be 1 reply. The team member, glancing over the replies, might assume someone is already helping you out, and will not respond. So, just make your post, and let it sit there, until a team member responds. This way you will be taken care of, in the most timely manner.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/62083/virus-gone-but-damage-remains/
Relevancy 36.98%

I would greatly appreciate some help advice with a problem I am having with my computer I have Windows XP SP installed on my pc all was fine until the other day when windows I had open would suddenly close and it was as if the mouse control was taken over and folders programs would open up of their own accord for instance 'my documents' opened up and a program on my system for no reason This continued please after remains format Virus - help! to happen I tried different browsers but it made no difference it would also happen if I had my mail program opened it would shut that down too I ran my antivirus spyware programs and a couple of Trojans were found and removed I thought that would be the end of it but no the same thing happened over Virus remains after format - please help! and over I decided to format the disk and deleted all partitions and created a new one I have installed XP again and thought that would be ok to go Virus remains after format - please help! I installed my antivirus software and all seemed fine then about mins into browsing the same problem reappeared I am at a complete loss as to what to do do I maybe have a boot sector virus It is obviously something which is hanging around the hardware even though it's been formatted I am starting an online course in the next couple of weeks and so I can really do without this Please can someone help me solve this problem before I go crazy Thanks

A:Virus remains after format - please help!

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

We want all our members to follow the process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post/attach as instructed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your next reply.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/virus-remains-after-format-please-help-421903.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I'm using a Win 7 Home Prem SP1 x64 system.

My Problem:
I have changed my User Account Name, However I must still log in using my old User Account Name

What I've done (more or less in-order):
-Secure Logon - Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE to log on
-Log On with User Name and Password
-Lock Computer Screen - Display User Information or Not ("Do not display user information")
-Display Information About Previous Logons During User Logon in Vista and Windows 7 ("Display Logon Information")
-Changed User name

I realize that it may work if I undo the four changes but I don't want to undo and redo all of these steps. There must be an easier way.

A:User Name Changed but Log In Remains

You should have created a new user account.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254959-user-name-changed-but-log-remains.html
Relevancy 36.98%

honestly how did this survive after the computer being reformatted here is the HJThis log please help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC Windows System igfxtray exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers Reformat Msserver After Remains exeC Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSLoader exeC Program Files Launch Manager LManager exeC Program Files Windows Tooltip Msserver Remains After Reformat VisualToolTip exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Users Graham AppData Local Temp RtkBtMnt exeC Windows system igfxext exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http uk rd yahoo com customize ycomp def uk yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en uk acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http Msserver Remains After Reformat en uk acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Msserver Remains After Reformat Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http uk rd yahoo com customize ycomp def uk yahoo comR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dllO - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO ShowBarObj Class - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - C Windows system ActiveToolBand dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dllO - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dllO - Toolbar Acer eDataSecurity Management - CBE B C- E - e-A DD- DB E - C Windows system eDStoolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run IAAnotif quot C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run ccApp quot c Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run osCheck quot c Program Files Norton Internet Security osCheck exe ... Read more

A:Msserver Remains After Reformat

HiMsserver Remains After Reformathonestly, how did this survive after the computer being reformatted?That's just not possible for a malware run key to survive a reformat and clean reinstall of the o/sAre you sure you didn't perform a "dirty install" (install windows on top of your existing o/s) which restores all the files required to run windows but leaves the registry intact & would therefore leave the run key ?This is the run key to which you refer (& possibly the file as well) ... neither of which would be removed with a "dirty install"O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSServer] rundll32.exe C:\Windows\system32\xxyWQhfe.dll,#1Is the file referenced ...xxyWQhfe.dll the same randon filename as it was before your "reinstall" ?steam

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/150556/msserver-remains-after-reformat/
Relevancy 36.98%

I've got a really unique problem here First off I'm a computer tech I've been running my own support business for years now Suffice to say I know how to remove spyware about as well as I know how to tie my shoes I've got a client's computer here which I worked on for hours today I think only a hack would need to reformat a computer to clean spyware but that's remains Spyware format? that after a the situation I found myself in today after working for two hours and the spyware not being removed I used MBAM Spyware that remains after a format? SAS HJT and more Repeatedly in safe mode etc Spyware that remains after a format? I also have ERD Commander which I used to go in and delete files manually So when none of that worked I said it's time to cut bait and just do the reformat So I brought the computer home with me and got started reformatting Everything looked good until the first reboot when Explorer exe gave me a DEP error I went to task manager and saw a number of things I didn't like including IExplore processes and a bunch of unknown processes that clearly indicated that despite the format and reinstall the spyware remained So I've never seen spyware that remains after a format I suppose you'll ask for a HJT log so I'll post it below but again no amount of HJT removal has done any good against this in the past so I think we're looking at something totally new here Any help is appreciated Cameron Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system afisicx exe C WINDOWS System CcEvtSvc exe C WINDOWS system mabidwe exe C WINDOWS system noytcyr exe C WINDOWS system roytctm exe C WINDOWS system soxpeca exe C WINDOWS system tdydowkc exe C WINDOWS system wsldoekd exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system inf rundll exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS System reader s exe C WINDOWS system grcrt exe C Documents and Settings Tom Gordon reader s exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe O - HKLM Run igfxtray C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run igfxhkcmd C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run igfxpers C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe O - HKLM Run reader s C WINDOWS System reader s exe O - HKLM Run Explorer C WINDOWS system msrstart exe O - HKLM Run DeskTopSrv C WINDOWS system grcrt exe O - HKLM Run services C WINDOWS services exe O - HKCU Run reader s C Documents and Settings Tom Gordon reader s exe O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run xccinit C WINDOWS system inf rundll exe C WINDOWS xccdf a dll xccd O - HKLM Policies Explorer Run services C WINDOWS services exe O - HKUS S- - - Run reader s C Documents and Settings Tom Gordon reader s exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS S- - - Run tjbqgxcb exe C WINDOWS tjbqgxcb exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS S- - - Run services C WINDOWS services exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS S- - - Policies Explorer Run services C WINDOWS services exe User 'SYSTEM' O - HKUS DEFAULT Run reader s C Documents and Settings Tom Gordon reader s exe User 'Default user' O - HKUS DEFAULT Policies Explorer Run services C WINDOWS services exe User 'Default user' O - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe O - Service afisicx Service afisicx - Unknown owner - C WINDOWS system afisicx exe O - Service CcEvtSvc - Unkn... Read more

A:Spyware that remains after a format?

By the way, keep in mind that the HJT log above is from a computer that was reformatted maybe 10 minutes earlier. I had not yet installed anything except Firefox. The install was done with an SP2 version of Windows, so the firewall was enabled (not to mention the computer is connected to a router with firewall).

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/204897/spyware-that-remains-after-a-format/
Relevancy 36.55%

Having incredibly frustrating and confusing issue. Sometimes when I am using the internet, totally randomly with no ping spike or anything before happening, my PC will disconnect from my wireless network. The symbol goes from the connected wifi symbol to the one with the star - it can still see my network but for some reason has chosen to disconnect itself. It does not affect anyone else in the house or my phone or my laptop next to me. It will try and fail to reconnect a few times before eventually reconnecting, but it's incredibly slow during this process and frustrating to watch, by which time whatever game I was playing I can't reconnect to. It's actually faster for me to restart my entire PC because of my SSD. Troubleshooting/resetting the adapter seems to make no difference.
Why is this happening? Please help me

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/67213-pc-keeps-disconnecting-wifi-although-network-remains-available.html
Relevancy 36.55%

I'm trying to play GTA3 (pirated version) which usually works fine on my friends comp, but on mine it says I need 12 MB of video memory, and I cannot find how much video memory my comp has, I'm using windows 98, and the computer has plenty of RAM, I'm just confused, HELP ME COMPUTER DUDES!

A:video memory remains a mystery

in run type dxdiag and click on display tab

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/video-memory-remains-a-mystery.121629/
Relevancy 36.55%

I've discovered that the exe is still hogging memory when my son is done listening to his tunes via itunes and exits. I've checked Task manager and 15 Megs of memory are still assigned to the app. The apple website is no help and only "owners" of apple products can send email.

Any recommendations short of deleting itunes alltogether.

A:ituneshelper.exe remains in memory after exiting

I do not use iTunes, so this is just a guess
Is there still an iTunes icon in the system tray?
Right-click on it and close it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/286513/ituneshelperexe-remains-in-memory-after-exiting/
Relevancy 36.55%

http forums techguy org newthread php do newthread amp f After closing IE it remains Running In Background After Ie Remains Closing running in background with a CPU usage of If I open another IE and close it Ie After Closing Remains Running In Background also remains open I can close them in procexp exe Whatever is causing this does not seem to Ie After Closing Remains Running In Background hook immediately on opening IE because I can delete the process Ie After Closing Remains Running In Background shortly after opening and it does not stick So far I have run using deepest searching settings in EWIDO A-Squared Zonealarm Ad-aware SE and no fix Gateway GM Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe c program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINDOWS system wwSecure exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs isafe exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C WINDOWS system ElkCtrl exe C Program Files Logitech Video CameraAssistant exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS zHotkey exe C Program Files BellSouth Alert Manager BellSouthAlertManager exe C WINDOWS eHome ehmsas exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files PC Magazine Utilities Startup Cop Pro StartupCopPro exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Microsoft Location Finder LocationFinder exe C Program Files Support com bin tgcmd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Process Explorer procexp exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin windowssearch exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin WindowsSearchIndexer exe C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite DS en-us bin WindowsSearchFilter exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Owner Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO MSN Search Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar MSN Search Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files MSN Toolbar Suite TB en-us msntb dll O - HKLM Run SunKistEM C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run RemoteControl quot C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe quot O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run Persistenc... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-after-closing-remains-running-in-background.503883/
Relevancy 36.55%

I had virtumonde last week, and was able to get rid of most of it, however i still get a popup from rundll.exe for a randomly named dll file located in my system32 folder.

I've seen the same problem apparently fixed in this forum and I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me achieve the same thing.

Thanks.

A:Virtumonde Gone, Rundll.exe Pop Up On Start Up Still Remains

Did you use virtumondeBeGone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/135637/virtumonde-gone-rundllexe-pop-up-on-start-up-still-remains/