Windows Support Forum

Y580 doesn't charge and doesn't detect the charger

Q: Y580 doesn't charge and doesn't detect the charger

Hi Everyone nbsp I'm sorry if a similar question doesn't and the Y580 charge charger doesn't detect has already Y580 doesn't charge and doesn't detect the charger been posted here but I couldn't find it myself I'm having really weird problems with my brand new Y It doesn't detect the charger and because of this - won't charge I managed to figure out how to temporarily fix the problem but it keeps on happening Long story short nbsp What's wrong after applying a temporary fix and the laptop IS charging when I unplug the charger and plug it back in again the laptop doesn't detect it it keeps on draining the battery and does't prompt that a charger is connected The same happens when I close the lid and open it again - the charger magically disconnects itself nbsp My temporary fix I somehow managed to get the laptop working when connected to the charger after applying these steps nbsp OS shut downbattery removedcharger unpluggedpressed power button once just for a second charger plugged to a different wall socketcharger plugged to the laptoppower button pressed once laptop boots up when the OS loads up battery inserted again nbsp As I mentioned this fixes my problem only temporarily as I can't close the lid or unplug the charger without repeating the same procedure I'm pretty sure the same thing happens when I simply switch the laptop off from the OS level nbsp I'm using Windows now but the same thing happended when I was on Windows nbsp Has anybody had a similar experience I appreciate your help and advice nbsp Piotr nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Y580 doesn't charge and doesn't detect the charger

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Y580 doesn't charge and doesn't detect the charger

Hi again, I checked the charger again and it seems that it's not working when I unplug it a plug it back in. If I get the charger working and close/open the lid or restart the machine, it is still working fine. Any ideas why unplugging and re-plugging the charger makes it unavailable for the laptop? Piotr

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/Y580-doesn-t-charge-and-doesn-t-detect-the-charger/td-p/971277
Relevancy 110.08%

Hi doesn't charge, blinking Laptop on LED charger I have a Toshiba Satellite L It s kinda old but I ve always been able to get it to work It s battery is shot so I ve been using it plugged in all the time which is okay since I don t move it around that much It s originally charger went bad a while ago so I bought a new one from Toshiba it s a better one in my opinion since it has an LED Laptop doesn't charge, LED on charger blinking indicator It s been fine for roughly a year but suddenly went crazy an hour ago It stopped providing power Laptop doesn't charge, LED on charger blinking the power supply light on the laptop is off and the LED on the charger is blinking rapidly When it s plugged in to the outlet but not to the laptop the LED on the charger is a Laptop doesn't charge, LED on charger blinking steady bright green But the moment I plug the tip in to the back of the laptop it starts blinking Since the battery is shot I quickly lost power and now my laptop is completely drained and inoperable I ve tried removing the battery and plugging it in but the same thing happens Also when I unplug it from the socket the charger retains enough power to stay on for a maybe seconds and it s the same thing steady if it s unplugged on both ends blinking if it s still plugged into the laptop even if it s unplugged from the socket Has my charger or laptop gone bad Or is there just something to fix I ve tried unplugging everything for minutes to let it discharge and cooldown but no luck Should I wait some more Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop doesn't charge, LED on charger blinking

Try checking out this article, perhaps it could help you. If not feel free to post back.
http://time4tech.com/article34_troubleshoot_laptop.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-doesnt-charge-led-on-charger-blinking.1004006/
Relevancy 109.22%

Asus u jc-a laptop My laptop charger cable is in pretty bad shape You see the Battery Doesn't Laptop Charge, Problem? Charger or wiring broken in the wires on the top part thus you see the grey wiring inside When i charge my laptop recently the charger Laptop Doesn't Charge, Charger or Battery Problem? would go on and off Such as charging then not charging I then took a look and the green light on the laptop charger is green then dims then green again over and over again So the only way i can fix this issue is unplug the other part of the charger theres parts then put it back together over and over Laptop Doesn't Charge, Charger or Battery Problem? again then connect it to my laptop Many times it has same issue However few times i would get it to work and thus it would be charging However few times it would have same issue where problem arises again But few times however if i make sure i dont move any part of the laptop charger cable then it would always be charging which is good and thus working So i figure it has to be my laptop charger as you see its broken the wiring part and its mainly at the top of the wiring near the place where you plug it into laptop Well i then read online that it might be the battery So I then took out the battery and just connected my charger to my laptop without the battery Obviously it shows no battery detected however the laptop doesn't have an issue with the power going out Thus it shows green light all the time on the charger Does this mean i have to get a new battery as oppose to a charger First thought was charger is bad since the broken wiring in certain places and thus its in not so good condition but it has zero problems with power when battery is taken out and im plugged in Im going to most likely get another charger as this one is pretty bad condition but curious if the battery might be the issue

A:Laptop Doesn't Charge, Charger or Battery Problem?

The charger also provides AC power so doubtful that's the problem. It could be the battery or the charging circuit on the motherboard. Former is usually less than $100 to replace but the latter is much more.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/348617-laptop-doesnt-charge-charger-battery-problem.html
Relevancy 98.04%

My Dell Inspiron R doesn t recognize charger any more And charger. work Not charger 5720 Charger Inspiron doesn't Dell problem. recognized. with is 17R not unfortunately my warranty expired month ago It was plugged in and working in Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 doesn't work with charger. Charger is not recognized. Not charger problem. the morning but then in Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 doesn't work with charger. Charger is not recognized. Not charger problem. the afternoon I noticed that it was running on the battery only It wont start without battery just charger plugged in So here what I have done to debug Me and my brother we have purchased the same Dell laptops at the same time a year and a bit ago This is why for a debugging purposes it was good I took my charger and plugged in to his computer And it works Definitely not the charger issue I guess And when I plug charger in to my computer green light is still on the charger And I have the original charger that came with the laptop Now laptop works on the battery only so this means that motherboard is working I Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 doesn't work with charger. Charger is not recognized. Not charger problem. guess Next thing I did was unplugged charger and removed the battery from the laptop Then I pushed and hold quot Power quot button for seconds to discharge a flea charge Plugged charger back in but laptop wont start Next I started laptop on the battery went to BIOS and checked if the charger is recognized in the BIOS No it doesn t recognize charger So if it is not a charger then what else can it be Laptop doesn t have any strange smells so I m not sure if anything happened with the motherboard but I would assume mother board is ok because it works of the battery I was thinking updating the BIOS but I can t because it wont update while laptop runs on the battery it requires to be plugged in Now I m stuck I don t know what else I can do I m willing to spend a little bit more money on it to try fixing it If anybody had such problem in the past please let me know what have you done and whether it fixed it Or if anybody have other ideas I ll be happy and appreciated the help

A:Dell Inspiron 17R 5720 doesn't work with charger. Charger is not recognized. Not charger problem.

Hi CJ777,
Thanks for reaching out with your query. You pretty much figured out all points of failure. Good job.
If the adapter is not detected in BIOS, it most likely is an issue with the mother board. In the BIOS set up, AC adapter should show up as 65w or 90w. If the adapter status is 'None' or 'Unknown Device Installed', it indicates that the mother board is not detecting the adapter for which the battery is not getting charged. Once the battery charge drains, I'm sure the adapter will not charge it again. Replacing the system board should resolve this issue.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19525261
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello,I have a big problem with my 5400, after changing the hard disk for a bigger one and realizing it wasn't detected by the bios, I decided to reinstall the previous one. Now the computer doesn't start windows and it doesn't load the windows dvd from the dvd reader. I've tried to boot from a usb drive but it seems the usb ports aren't detected by the bios.I've noticed that the dvd driver and the hdd is not detected for the bios if the sata mode is set to AHCI but they are detected when  "compatibilty" mode is set.I've also tried to get into the diagnosis utility but I'm getting this weird message:BPF Version Check ErrorWhat's this?After showing the message, the computer restarts and I can't access the utility.If anyone has some info regarding this, I'd appreciate it.Thanks.

A:M5400 doesn't boot and doesn't detect anything

it also happened to me. You solved?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-C-E-K-M-N-and-V-Series/M5400-doesn-t-boot-and-doesn-t-detect-anything/td-p/2246251
Relevancy 81.7%

This is the message I get everytime I run the auto detect driver util.
Driver detection not available Please try again later or use the Find it Myself tab to find drivers by Service Tag or see a list of drivers available for your product.
The laptop I use is 'XPS 15 9550'

A:Dell auto driver detect detect doesn't work any more?

I may be able to help.  I will be sending you a friend request so that I may get your information. 
Please accept the request. 

TB

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19980609
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, I have a small problem but a big problem for me.. So I bought the LED Samsunng SycnmasterEX1920X yesterday and I my video card is MSI n430gt... Is there anyway to reset my setting on the DVI-i port of my video card because when I plug my VGA to the Monitor and start up my PC it detects my monitor and in Nvidia Control Panel But If I plug my DVI-i and start up my PC... It doesn't detect my monitor even at the Nvidia Control Panel... Does anyone know what is my problem? Please.... Help me...Because I need to use the DVI-i to use Nvdia Scaling Aspect Ratio....
Motherboard: Asus p7p55d-e pro
8gb ram
video card: MSI n430 Gt
Monitor: Samsung LED SyncMaster EX1920X
I use DVI-I to DVI-i Cable... Thanks.....

A:DVI-I doesn't detect my monitor, can I detect it in settings?

You already have a thread started for this problem here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic162995.html

Please do not post the same problem more than once. Thank you.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvi-i-doesnt-detect-my-monitor-can-i-detect-it-in-settings.163130/
Relevancy 78.26%

I have an ibuypower.com computer, battalion cz-13, and i got it about 3 months ago and it now says 70% available (plugged in, not charging) and its been like this. ive replaced the battery, uninstalled the compliant control method and to no avail will it say charging and going up to 100%. it even says it decharged to 69% and charges back up to 70% at random times. HELP

A:Battery Doesn't Charge above 70%

Since you have only had it for 3 months return it to iBuyPower and have them fix it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/battery-doesnt-charge-above-70-a-691005.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hello

I have a problem with my Compaq Presario 2500 laptop power supply. It works fine on AC power, but the battery does not charge/kick in at all. As a result, it would automatically shut off if the power connection at the back is disturbed/loosened.

I have bought a new battery, but it would not kick in either (in case the AC power supply is disturbed/moved). Hence, I keep on loosing my work due to accidental switch offs.

Please help.

Sumit

A:Battery doesn't charge

How old is this Laptop? Might be under warranty and the Laptop just doesn't charge the battery.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/battery-doesnt-charge.548485/
Relevancy 77.4%

I am running windows 8 pro wmc on my HP laptop. One month ago I have bought a new battery. From last one week, when I start my laptop it shows that "plugged it, not charging". When I shut down down, it started charging the battery. After a full charge, my laptop performs good and battery worked for almost more than 2 hours.

Please help me. Whats the issue with my laptop. Thanks in advance for your help.

A:My laptop doesn't charge battery when it is on!!!

Maybe you need to Calibrate the laptop to the new battery: Calibrate Laptop Battery

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/30246-my-laptop-doesnt-charge-battery-when.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello everybody, My Lenovo S20-30 doesn't hold charge after few days when it's off/shutdown.Windows 10 x64 1511 build 10586 Any solution? 

Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I have recently bought a new Thinkpad AC ADAPTER and a new cell battery to my quot Thinkpad T T60: charge! doesn't battery New ThinkPad quot notebook After i received them I pluged both new devices into the notebook but battery cant get charged Whenever i plug the new ac adapter to the notebook when is not turned on the lighst start blinking like orange battery and green litle plug lights appear after a second shuts and apear green batery and green litle plug and after a second just apears the litle green plug lightened this cycle continues until i take the plug ThinkPad T60: New battery doesn't charge! of adapter from the wall socket ehn I turn on the notebook with the ac adapter there is always a beeping going on like the notebook is switching on and off intermitently with some seconds between ThinkPad T60: New battery doesn't charge! the beeps Here first theres a orange light with a green light when the notebook is switched on but after a second appears a green battery light then lighs go off and start all again its very noisy I made two litle videos on cell phone i order for someone see whats happening when the notebook is turned off with ac adapter plugged and when is turned on with acadapter plugged AC ADAPTER PLUGGED WITH BATTERY amp NOTEBOOK OFF mediafire com rieyu uq zoz f AC ADAPTER PLUGGED WITH BATTERY amp NOTEBOOK ON mediafire com a fxsll nhcu I dont have the original lenovo software but windows so i dont have maintanance battery check software but the battery is new bought on eBay and carger new as weel bought on eBay as well The new ac adapter i bought details are P N p - FRU P PA - output V A W My old ac adapter details P N P - FRU P PA- - output V - A The Battery details are Cell Battery IBM LENOVO Thinkpad T Y Y The back of my thinkpad says output V- A Can someone tell me whats wrong with the notebook Is this normal to charge a new battery I left the notebbok charging a hole afternoon and didnt charge at all Hope anyone can help me Boto nbsp

A:ThinkPad T60: New battery doesn't charge!

Can you explain briefly what was happening that promted you to buy a new battery and AC adpter. Why did you think they both needed to be replaced?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/thinkpad-t60-new-battery-doesnt-charge.162571/
Relevancy 77.4%

My laptop seems to be completely out of charge, and the only way to use it is to plug it in. If it becomes unplugged, then it immediately shuts off. I am running Windows 8 Pro on a Samsung Series 9 Notebook (P900X3B). It is not a fresh installation of Windows, it was updated from Windows 7.
The battery indicator in Windows 8 states that the battery is at full charge, but it really isn't. I can't remove the battery because it is built into the laptop. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks, HB

A:Laptop battery always at 100%, doesn't charge at all

Hi -

Samsung does make some sacrifices in order to keep the Series 9 so thin and light. The battery, memory, and solid state disk are not user replaceable.
They’re sealed up inside the laptop case, and while you might be able to remove some components and replace them by performing minor surgery on the notebook, you’ll probably void your warranty in the process.

About all I can find .........................

See Series 8 >> Samsung ATIV Book 8 Review and scroll down to Battery life -

Is this yours ?? Or do you mean the Series 9 ??

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/547202/laptop-battery-always-at-100-doesnt-charge-at-all/
Relevancy 77.4%

I the 1520 and it was working fine now if I use it more the 5 minutes it shuts off even if the battery is full and it gets hot. After a few minutes I plug it in and it works fine what can I do?

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/435438-1520-doesnt-hold-charge.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have a Macbook Pro (2006 model) which doesn't charge the battery, but functions normally when plugged in to an external power source.

Some liquid was spilled onto the computer, which most likely caused this problem. In any case, I believe I've narrowed the problem down to either the left I/O board or the motherboard itself. I can most likely obtain a used and functioning I/O board to replace the old one.

So, I was wondering if there is some way if I can find out for sure which one it is ? And since the computer can properly use the power adapter when plugged but just doesn't charge the battery is it still possible that it is the I/O board ?

Thanks in advance,
Arnór

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/macbook-pro-doesnt-charge-battery.932640/
Relevancy 77.4%

The battery is not working at all it keep changing but its 0% nothing when i insert it the small LED that is beside the power change cable start to blink red colour then blue red then blue but when i remove the battery nothing its just blue there is no any red blinking

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Battery-not-working-Doesn-t-Charge/td-p/5795163
Relevancy 77.4%

I have purchased HP 15-AF114AU Notebook about 2 months ago. For the past one week, the battery doesn't charge beyond 90%. Once the bettery reaches 90%, the indicator shows "plugged in, not charging".Initially, it used to charge upto 95%, then it dropped to 94% and now 90% in a span of just one week. I have tried recalibrating the battery by draining it completely and charging it again, run tests using HP Support Assistant and the component test from BIOS, all show the battery to be OK. But still the battery doesn't charge beyond 90%, no matter what I do. Please help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Notebook-Battery-doesn-t-charge-beyond-90/td-p/5721769
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi all!

I had a probelm with the battery of this laptop. It wouldn't charge, so I bought a new one.

Surprise: it doesn't charge too!

The system recognize it for a little while and just after 20 second or less the battery disappear into the battery manager.

What happens?

Do you have suggestions?

Ciao,

Domenico.

A:Battery doesn't charge on a Tecra 8000

Possibly there is something wrong with the power supply electronic.
So maybe you should ask an ASP for a check.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?31870-Battery-doesn-t-charge-on-a-Tecra-8000
Relevancy 76.54%

SOLVED - SEE SOLUTION 2 REPLIES DOWN

Howdy.

Symptoms: Dell Laptop (about 1 year old) only turns on when charger is plugged in. The second the charger is pulled out, the laptop shuts off. The laptop does not seem to charge as it doesn't even recognize a charger as being plugged in. I'd really hate to spend $150 for a new battery/installation already. It has been doing this for 1 day, since coming back from Vegas where I took the laptop with me.
Is there are fixes to this?

A:Solved: Does My Laptop Need a New Battery?? It doesn't seem to charge

Depending what type of battery, they can be pretty short-lived. If NiCad, they die fairly quickly if recharged when they are not completely dead. They need to be "cycled" and die before being recharged or they "remember" the point they are at when charged as being their new minimum and will not hold much charge.

Lithium batteries and NiMH should last a long time.

Check with Compaq for a battery calibration utility for your machine. It may be that simple. But if the battery still doesn't work right, it probably needs replacement. The chargers are almost never the problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-does-my-laptop-need-a-new-battery-it-doesnt-seem-to-charge.793354/
Relevancy 76.54%

My company bought these notebooks for some of our products and we install Ubuntu 12.04LTS on them.  When we shut them down and try to charge them it doesn't work.   The light beside charging port is on (like it is charging), but cannot turn on computer after hours of "charging" because the batteries are drained.  It looks like it charges fine when the computers are turned on and charging, but not when we try to charge them without turning them on. We are wondering if this is some known issue and what would be correct procedure for charging these netbooks?

A:HP 210 G1 notebook with UBUNTU doesn't charge battery

Hey, Bit of a late answer, but I'll submit it in case anyone else has a similar issue. There is an issue with one of the BIOS version on the 210 G1, BIOS version F.03. If this is not updated to the most current version you'll find your batteries will drain quite quickly and will not charge properly. Also as your running Ubuntu, you may need to use the UEFI tool from HP to update the BIOS, here it's called the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics 3 in 1 USB Key: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/pps/pl_... Best of luck.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-210-G1-notebook-with-UBUNTU-doesn-t-charge-battery/td-p/5151529
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I'm having a common issue I would say. Last time I used my laptop was this afternoon to watch a short clip on youtube, I turned it off right after and I remember it was at 17%, although I have the power button to shut down right away. A few hours ago, I decided to turn it and and surprised I noticed it didn't turn on. I tried to plug my A/C adapter to charge it a couple of minute but the lightning light didn't even show up. I've google'd around and found a way to hard reset it ( Remove the battery/adapter/ hold the power button 30 sec) no success still. I'm wondering if it's either the adapter or the battery is dead, as I don't have any spare of both right now is there a way to confirm it?

Thanks.

A:Laptop doesn't turn on/charge anymore

Hi

There's usually a small light on the power adaptor... is it on? If not, it's probably dead. Try another main lead.
If the light is on, remove the battery from the laptop and connect the power adaptor. Does the laptop turn on?
If not, try the reset again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/60456-laptop-doesnt-turn-charge-anymore.html
Relevancy 76.54%

A few weeks ago I accidentally pushed the laptop and it fell over - a few hours later everything was fine and working, the charger worked fine.
Now it won't charge at all... help I think it's something to do with the hardware in the laptop that the charger connects to. I need QUICK help.

Relevancy 76.54%

Hello, I accidently put some water on my Thinkpad T61. It shut off immediately. I disconnect the AC and battery from the laptop, dissasambled the keyboard and touchpad and let it dry. After some hours I put it all back together and could start the laptop and OS without any problems. But I noticed that my laptop is running from battery, instead of AC. I also noticed that the battery is not charging. I removed the battery and tried to start with only AC connected. The thinkpad starts but immediately gives the error message: critical low-battery error and shuts down. Could my AC have been damaged? Any ideas what happened? Thanks  

A:T61 water damage? AC doesn't charge and critical l...

Sounds like you'll need a new motherboard. If you'd like my help sourcing one you're welcome to send me a PM with your model, serial and date code. This must be sent in a private message as forum rules don't allow posting serial numbers, or you could source one yourself. The problem isn't the water itself, it's the minerals in the water and they rarely survive a liquid spill. If you want to try to fix it you can buy or make some pure distilled water (must be pure distilled water, no substitutes will work, then buy or make a steam cleaner so you can blast the motherboard clean with steam and if you are extremely lucky you might get the minerials out of the circuits, but it's more likely that there is perm damage to the charging circuits from when it was powered on, so this is an extreme long shot and I know it sounds insane to fix a water spill with more water, but pure distilled water doesn't conduct, however it's difficult to completely purify water and even a drop of sweat could contaminate the process.  You could also try some commercial electronic cleaning sprays. I can tell you that I did once save a motherboard that had sodapop (coke) spilled on it by distilling some water then using a capichino machine to steam clean it. After than I put it in a hot oven after it was heated and turned off, then let it sit in the hot over to dry. I then put it in a sunny window sill for a couple days where it got hot sunlight and it worked, but an important factor is that it had no power run through it while wet.  Replacing the board is still probably your best option.

ThinkPad W-510 i7-820QM(1.73-3.06GHz) Quad Core... ThinkPad T500, T9900, 8gb SSD...FrankNpad T-60p/61p (X9000 2.8ghz) 8gb SSD ips FlexView...ThinkPad T-61p (T9300 2.5ghz) 8gb ram...Thinkpad X-61 Tablet 8gb ram.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T61-and-prior-T-series/T61-water-damage-AC-doesn-t-charge-and-critical-low-battery/td-p/2202017
Relevancy 75.68%

I purchased a used Toshiba Satellite L305-D, it did not come with a power adapter. I purchased a new power adapter but soon learned the battery wasn't very good so I purchased a new battery. I shut the laptop down, put in the new battery and let it charge overnight. In the morning, it showed 100% charged. In an effort to "condition" the battery, I let it run on battery power until it shut down, then plugged it in to recharge. It first charged to 40% when I noticed it was not charging any longer. I unplugged it, plugged it back in and it started recharging again. It stopped again at 62%. I can't get it keep charging to 100%.

The system shows that it's plugged in, but not charging. When I unplug and replug back in the battery charge light will come on for a short time, then go out. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, I need some help with my problem.

Here's what happened, my laptop just turned off by itself while I was surfing the net. Now my battery would not charge even if the ac/dc adapter is plug in (the ac/dc indicator light on my laptop is on when it's plug in). I've tried to turn on my laptop without the battery and just ac/dc plug on but it wouldn't turn on.

Additional info (idk if these are relevant or not):
I've recently updated the bios, sound and video drivers like 12 hours before this happened
My laptop randomly reboots when I play games like grand theft auto 4 and I'm sure it's not an overheating problem.

A:Satellite A500-17X - The battery doesn't charge anymore

Hi doowee01,

And now your notebook doesn’t start anymore or what happens now?
Maybe it works and if not you must contact nearest authorized service provider in your country.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?55774-Satellite-A500-17X-The-battery-doesn-t-charge-anymore
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi I just bought a refurbished HP Envy M laptop from PCWorld and for some reason when but Charging' in, says windows 'Plugged charge! 8 New doesn't laptop I plug in the New windows 8 laptop says 'Plugged in, Charging' but doesn't charge! charger the battery icon says 'plugged in charging' however it has been stuck on for over hours now The battery level on the icon increases at first i e it goes up and down showing it is charging for about a minute and then the icon stops moving at all When I got the laptop the battery level was about and I used it at first without charging it until it got to and now its been stuck ever since I would be extremely grateful if someone could shed some light on this issue for me I would take it back to PCWorld however I bought it from the ebay outlet and the only option they have given is either a full refund or a partial refund however I would prefer to keep this laptop and get this issue sorted out Thanks

A:New windows 8 laptop says 'Plugged in, Charging' but doesn't charge!

See > New laptop says 'Plugged in, Charging' but doesn't charge!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/new-windows-8-laptop-says-plugged-in-charging-but-doesnt-charge-717833.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Travelmate B113-E-2846 When I plug in the charger the lights flash I tried changing the battery but it didn't help I can use the laptop without the battery with the ac adapter

A:Travelmate B113-E-2846 Doesn't charge, power and c...

If you can run off the power supply, but the battery won't charge, there is either something wrong with the battery, the charger or the charging circuits in the laptop. Possibly the voltage regulator. The power supply could power the laptop and still have something wrong with it.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-B113-E-2846-Doesn-t-charge-power-and-charge-lights/td-p/434929
Relevancy 75.68%

I ordered Satellite for New doesn't A85-S107 Toshiba charge battery my a new higher capacity battery for my Toshiba laptop Satellite A -S The original battery was a V mAh model and the new battery is a V mAh model The new battery installed fine New battery for my Toshiba Satellite A85-S107 doesn't charge and the computer worked fine with it but the charge status did not seem to display correctly showing at first a New battery for my Toshiba Satellite A85-S107 doesn't charge remaining charge then upon a restart showing charge Connecting the AC adapter did not show the orange charging indicator and the charge status did not change Following some advice on another forum I restarted the computer in safe mode let it operate without AC power until the battery discharged hours and the computer shut down I then connected the AC adapter restarted the computer and this time the charge indicator flashed about once every couple of seconds the charge status showed I turned off the computer and let it charge overnight started the computer in the morning the charge status was still and the adapter was cool Upon unplugging the adapter the computer immediately shut down How can I get the computer to recognize the new battery so it charges correctly nbsp

A:New battery for my Toshiba Satellite A85-S107 doesn't charge

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...kIris&searchString=charge+new+battery&x=0&y=0

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-battery-for-my-toshiba-satellite-a85-s107-doesnt-charge.161080/
Relevancy 75.68%

I have a Travelmate B113-E-2846 When I plug in the charger the lights flash I tried changing the battery but it didn't help I can use the laptop without the battery with the ac adapter

http://community.acer.com/t5/Travelmate/Travelmate-B113-E-2846-Doesn-t-charge-power-and-charge-lights/td-p/434929/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 74.82%

I have Acer S3-391 with Windows 7. The original 500GB Hitachi hdd failed and I decided to replace it with 240GB Kingston SSD drive (model V300). Problem is that even BIOS (latest v1.29) doesn't detect it.BIOS lists HDD0 as "None" and HDD1 as "SATA SDD", which is probably the integrated 20GB SDD drive.Any hdd I have tested with, will be detected normally, but not this SDD drive.  SDD drive is new and I have tested it with other computer and it works fine.Unfortunately I don't have any other SSD drive to test with. Does this "BIOS" model support SSD drives at all ? 

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/S3-391-doesn-t-detect-SSD/td-p/445324/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi. I'm new to this forum and it's my first post. Recently im having problem with my pc.
These few days my pc start not to behave normally. Sometimes it just will hang suddenly. And now I have a clean install window 7 home premium 64 bit and now I'm stuck with the set up window part becaus it won't detect any USB port at all. I tried to insert all USB port to see if it can detect my mouse or keyboard. I've tried it on another pc and it works fine. I really need help. My pc now is like without hand and leg but only body.
This is my pc spec

intel core i5-2500k,gigabyte z68ap-d3 mainboard,asus gtx550 graphic card,kingston ddr3 4gb ram,500gb sata harddisk,cooler master 500w power supply,coolermaster glite 310 casing,lg dvd writer

A:How do I fix my USB that it doesn't detect anything at all

You're saying it doesn't detect any USB port. Is that because when you try to use a keyboard or mouse, you see no response on the screen?

If so, couple of things you could try:
1) If your motherboard has both USB 3.0 ports and USB 2.0 ports, make sure the keyboard and mouse are BOTH plugged into the USB 2.0 ports.
2) Go into your BIOS settings and see if you have an option to enable or disable legacy mode. If you have that option and legacy mode is disabled, then enable it and try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/261589-how-do-i-fix-my-usb-doesnt-detect-anything-all.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I have Acer S3-391 with Windows 7. The original 500GB Hitachi hdd failed and I decided to replace it with 240GB Kingston SSD drive (model V300). Problem is that even BIOS (latest v1.29) doesn't detect it.BIOS lists HDD0 as "None" and HDD1 as "SATA SDD", which is probably the integrated 20GB SDD drive.Any hdd I have tested with, will be detected normally, but not this SDD drive.  SDD drive is new and I have tested it with other computer and it works fine.Unfortunately I don't have any other SSD drive to test with. Does this "BIOS" model support SSD drives at all ? 

A:S3-391 doesn't detect SSD

What does diskmgmt.msc show ? I switched the WD 500GB for a Samsung EVO in my R3 and other than being A Lot faster there was no problem.

http://community.acer.com/t5/S-and-R-Series-Laptops/S3-391-doesn-t-detect-SSD/td-p/445324
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, I've researched extensively for a solution to why my brand new battery and AC Adapter won't fully charge.
When I first turned on the computer it charged to around 72 percent. 
Then after the first recharge, it only went up to around 48 percent.
Repeated again, and only got around 39 percent and now it seems to stay there.
I've updated the BIOS already, tried uninstalling the ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery Driver and reinstalling it.
So my question is, is there any place I can download an updated driver?
The one on my computer states that its from 06/21/2006. Perhaps there's an updated driver somewhere?
My Operating System is Windows 7 Professional 64-bit.
Please help.
Thank you!!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/3d017610-2c5b-4b88-81ff-e11089a58055/dell-latitude-e6410-battery-doesnt-charge-fully?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, the battery of my z830 doesn't charge and it only works connected to the electricity. The problem is in the chip of the motherboard, the battery works fine. What chip I need buy and change for solve the problem?

Thank you,
Sebastian.

A:Portege Z830 doesn't charge (chip motherboard problem)

Are you 100% sure it is the mainboard, not the battery?
That battery is about 4 years old, it would have worn out by now.

If it is actually a mainboard fault...
I don't think you can get the chips separately, you may need a whole new mainboard.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?90784-Portege-Z830-doesn-t-charge-(chip-motherboard-problem)
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello

I have a Satellite Click 2 Pro 30WB; at the beginning I had no problem with this product, but since a couple of months the docking station battery doesn't charge. I'm able to charge only the battery of the tablet.

Can someone help me?

Thanks

A:Satellite Click 2 Pro P30W-B - Docking station battery doesn't charge

Hmm… if this issue didn’t appear from first day of purchase, then the battery docking issue might be related to battery fault.
In such case you will need to contact the service to fix it.

But just one question: is your BIOS up to date?
Check the update within the service station and in case of available new BIOS version; try to update the BIOS to the latest state.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?82463-Satellite-Click-2-Pro-P30W-B-Docking-station-battery-doesn-t-charge
Relevancy 73.96%

When powered on charging light flashes yellow.
Battery does not charge and if battery removed the laptop shuts down.

At time this problem does not happen.

Moreover, when power cord is removed, battery charges for few moments and then yellow flashing light comes on and charging stops. When shutdown, the battery charges normal and 100% charged battery gives almost 4 hours time.

Can any one please guide about the problem. Is the problem in power adapter? or the battery? or the motherboard/hardware?

How to verify problem?

A:Satellite Pro L500: indicator flashing amber - battery doesn't charge

It seems that you already posted an thread about similar issue with your notebook some years ago.
http://forums.computers.toshiba-europe.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=63225

In first case it seems that your battery was the troublemaker.

You are talking about charging indicator. I?m not quite sure what LED should it be.
There are 5 LEDs - from left: DC IN / Power / Battery / HDD, ODD / Bridge Media Slot

The first DC IN indicator glows green when power is being correctly supplied form the AC adaptor. However, if the output voltage from AC adaptor is abnormal or if the computers power supply malfunctions, this LED will go out.

The second from left Power indicator glows green when the notebook is turned on. If you turn the notebook into the sleep mode, this indicator flashes amber.

The third battery indicator show the conditions of the batter charge. Green indicates the battery is fully charged, amber indicates the battery is charging and flashing amber indicates a low battery condition.

Question:
Are you able to power up the unit without the battery but using just a connected AC adaptor?
Usually this should be possible even if the battery isn?t inserted.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?80314-Satellite-Pro-L500-indicator-flashing-amber-battery-doesn-t-charge
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a CD-RW Disc that I want to erase, but my RW drive doesn't even detect that it's there!

The drive itself is fine b/c it can read other cd's, just not this one

When I check out the drive with the CD in there using windows explorer, it shows nothing!

And every time I try to erase the CD in Nero, it says that there is an unspecified recorder error and that I need to insert a rewriteable medium as if I didn't even put anything in the drive.

It used to be a little erratic like this and I would have to stick the CD in and out a couple of times before it worked, but this time it's totally busted.

Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, so today I have turned on my PC, but the monitor did not detect it.
I have unplugged and re-plugged all the cables and it still did not work.

I have then tried a different cable and monitor to but again it did not work.

Finally I decided to unplug my graphics card and plug the monitor into the integrated graphics card but once again it did not work.

The monitor does turn on and so does the PC but the monitor does not detect it being plugged in.

Any ideas on what can be the problem? (It all worked fine yesterday)

Thanks

A:Monitor Doesn't detect PC

Try this instructions are for a laptop but will work for a Desktop too: Black Screen Issues and Troubleshooting

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-doesnt-detect-pc-687393.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hey there,

I've been quite fed up with the fact I can't use my second monitor with Windows 10. I am attempting to install the latest drivers now, but I have done numerous updates and it still doesn't detect my second monitor. I am using a NVIDIA GTX 760.

If anyone can help me out, that would be great. I will update the OP when I finish the driver update
EDIT: No luck. Please help

Thanks.

Relevancy 73.96%

hi,

last saturday i could install win xp pro sp2 without having any problems. all is running good. but there is one problem : the system doesn't detect my scanner (genius colorpage hr6x series) i can install the device with the hardware wizard. the device manager tells me that the device is working properly. but after restarting the computer it tells me: scanner not found. i tried it many times but always the same: scanner not detected. i checked at genius for new drivers. but they didn't have new ones.

what can i do? i need some help. thanks in advance.

A:win xp pro sp2 doesn't detect scanner

SP2 is still not yet stable and Microsoft, revert back to SP1 may help, Microsoft needs to get more bugs out of SP2.

Another thing is some scanner goes into power saving mode after a few mins, this happened to my own scanner which turns off itself from time to time and Widnows couldn't find it. Some parallel cable jsut die on you too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-pro-sp2-doesnt-detect-scanner.266123/
Relevancy 73.96%

I am writing in because I think I've exhausted all means of trying to fix an issue with my drive.

As title states, I inserted a DVD into my LG GH24NS90 but Windows 7 is not detecting it.
Info about my computer :
GA-Z68XP-UD3 (rev. 1.0) - Gigabyte
1. Installed Windows 7 OS on IDE mode
2. Tried burning a DVD using ConvertXtoDVD but it burns very slowly (even though it was set at x16) and it freezes the computer when burning.

Hence, I tried to change it to AHCI mode as information on the internet says changing it to AHCI would solve the problem,

1. Update drive to latest firmware.
2. Changed to AHCI (in BIOS) and selected my SSD to boot with success!
3. Tried to insert DVD into drive but not detected!
What can I do!!!

A:[Help] LG Drive doesn't detect CD!!!

Bumping thread. Hoping for some help from fellow forumers here!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/333970-help-lg-drive-doesnt-detect-cd.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a sanyo x1200 and I have loaded the cd, but when I plug my camera in, to download my photos it says device cannot be detected.

A:pc doesn't detect my camera

The rediculous question from personal experience when I first got a digital camera and tried to download pictures. ( Still remember the smirk on my wife's face. )

Did you turn the camera on?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-doesnt-detect-my-camera.861081/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have windows 7 64 bit with an ATI HD4770 card. I run a crt monitor plus an HD LCD TV.
When I boot the computer the Catalyst center loses my display profiles. I have the most recent driver already.

With XP this was never a problem.

With WIndows 7 I have to go into the adjust resolution screen and detect displays every time I start the computer to get my profiles to return. Any sugestions how to fix this?

Thanks

A:Doesn't detect displays

having the same issue, have not been able to find a solution either.

just thought i would add that i have tried the 185.85 and 186.08 drivers and the ones that came with the install, all have the same problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/13612-doesnt-detect-displays.html
Relevancy 73.96%

My motherboard is the IC7-MAX3, a very nice mother board. Although the BIOS does not detect my DVD-ROM's.

I am running Windows XP Professional and have 2 SATA HArd Drive's. When I go to my hardware profiles this is what it says.
! Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device
! Generic DVD-ROM SCSI CdRom Device

I have 2 of them. Windows see's them but the BIOS doesn't. I have updated my BIOS to the current version. I have tried everything, even switching the IDE cables. The DVD-ROM's work in other computers.

?????WHAT IS THE PROBLEM?????

A:BIOS Doesn't Detect DVD-ROM's.

From what you have listed, the exclamation indicates that you have a conflict with another hardware in your machine. Keep eliminating each device until you get to the bottom of which one is actually causing problems. Not quite sure but it could be that other DVD-ROM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bios-doesnt-detect-dvd-roms-76104.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I detect doesn't BIOS HDD couldn t find a BIOS category so I figured this forum BIOS doesn't detect HDD was the closest fit with my problem In a nutshell my Dell Dimension BIOS is claiming my drive that has been working without incident for a year is suddenly quot not installed quot I ve been using a Dell Dimension P GHz for a couple of years without problems One of my other computers randomly decided to stop working another story altogether so I used the Dell to do analysis on the drive Since it was a SeaGate hard drive I used SeaGate s online scanner to scan it for errors because I suspected it was faulty I also did some virus scans I restarted a little while later and the Dell computer would get stuck on the Dell post screen It wouldn t even go into BIOS after I hit DEL it would freeze So I flashed the BIOS A from Dell s website after reading some threads stating that maybe I had screwed up the BIOS I was really confused as to why things were messed up I still had the same issue where it would get permanently stuck after the memory testing on the post screen and wouldn t let me access the BIOS I did some more reading and read that hardware components could be messing up the computer load process It turns out my CD-Rom drive was faulty or something so when I removed it BIOS was accessible However now I faced a new problem BIOS doesn t recognize the original drive that was in the Dell which is connected to a PCI slot via a Promise Ultra TX ATA controller card So Windows won t load because my computer doesn t think there s a drive installed The Dell tries to load PXE and other networking stuff but of course fails Oddly the screen following the ATA card detection process after post and BIOS loading the computer lists all the IDE devices and properly identifies HDD- as a Maxtor mb drive which it is The Dell BIOS is pretty limited in customization In the past it has always successfully detected installed hardware Under IDE Configuration my other CD-ROM is listed the one that isn t faulty but under HDD- it says quot not installed quot I chose auto-detect I tried the drive in question on another computer on the IDE motherboard slot not through a controller card and it is recognized just fine I can t use this drive directly on the Dell s motherboard IDE slot because it s an old computer and I will get data corruption since the drive is larger than GB I figured that issue out long ago I updated the BIOS with the ATA controller card BIOS upgrade file from Promise s website The jumper settings are set to Master I ve swapped IDE cables PCI slots and power cables Ooops while I was tying this I restarted the computer after switching PCI slots for the ATA controller card and now when I restart I get a black screen that says quot Invalid Boot Diskette Insert BOOT diskette in A quot There is no disk in the floppy drive Could I have a BIOS virus Does something like that exist Could that be why the drive on the other computer failed and then the CD-Rom drive on the Dell and now this error Thanks for any help and I apologize if this is rather long-winded nbsp

A:BIOS doesn't detect HDD

Thanks for the reply, but I had done that already. I loaded the default and the custom setting, and neither did anything.

Now I don't even see the hard drive listed in the post-POST screen. I immediately see "insert boot diskette." I removed the floppy drive and it still says it, although it waits a little bit longer with a blinking cursor before the message pops up.

I did try a different HDD (through the ATA controller card) with the computer and it still wasn't detected. I then tried attaching this HDD (20GB) via an IDE motherboard slot (the other one is occupied by the CD-ROM). The HDD was not detected in BIOS, but the CD-ROM is. Then, I removed the CD-ROM from its cable and attached it to the same IDE cable as the newly-connected HDD. Still no dice. Finally, I switched both devices (now on the same 80-pin IDE cable) to the motherboard IDE slot that the CD-ROM drive was originally attached to. BIOS detects both the HDD and the CD-ROM drive.

I've never seen or heard about a virus that infects a BIOS from a hard drive. I really wish I knew what the source of my problem is. I think it's really odd that my hard drive on one computer would get Windows corruption (the one I was scanning with the Dell; other files are still intact), then the CD-ROM on another computer fail (the one in the Dell), and then a motherboard IDE slot stop working, completely independently on the same day. I've heard of viruses being able to destroy computer components by over-clocking them, but I never witnessed any odd performance. The likelihood of me having a virus is remote, but possible.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-doesnt-detect-hdd.101778/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi guys so i have computers with the same problem the nd is an old comp so I m not too bothered about I noticed my computer was getting a little noisey so i thought i PC Monitor doesn't detect d clean all the dust out of it st comp i took the CPU and graphics Monitor doesn't detect PC card off to blow the dust out also Monitor doesn't detect PC i blew air into the PSU fan The computer boots up sounds perfect but about minutes uptime it will still be powered but my monitor just goes into standby i tried with my TV too and the same issue nd comp I hadn t used for about year i tried hooking up to monitor and it just doesn t respond i ve tried with another monitor too and still the same also tried using a different VGA cable monitor remains standby But unlike my other computer this one doesn t even display for minutes Any ideas on what can be causing this suspiciou nbsp

A:Monitor doesn't detect PC

i took the CPU and graphics card off to blow the dust out...Click to expand...

What do you mean you took the CPU off? Do you mean the heatsink? The heatsink fan? If you removed the heatsink from the CPU, did you clean off the old thermal compound and apply fresh compound? If not, the CPU is overheating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-doesnt-detect-pc.146809/
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a custom build computer I put together about 2 years ago. Ever since my CDRW would sometimes show up and most of the time not show up as one of my drives. Recently I started using my CDRW for storage, but I am still facing this problem with Windows not seeing my drive. Does anyone have any suggestion. I have a Windows 2000 Professional. My CDRW is Accer "CRW 1610". Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-doesnt-detect-my-cdrw.110074/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello!
When i boot up my pc i get a error saying "disk boot failure insert system disk and press enter". Checked the BIOS, and the HDD isn't listed there. Checked all the cables they are fine. Placed that HDD in another pc and it works fine.
Placed a different HDD in my pc and it booted fine.
So the HDD works with other computers, and my pc works with other HDD, but the two together just won't work.
I don't know what the problem might be, maybe some compatibility issues?
Anyone has any ideas?

A:Bios doesn't detect hdd

OK, no one [other than you] has any idea what we are working on; post ALL of your exact system specs. IE exact mb installed, exact cpu installed, exact pw supply installed, etc, etc. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, then post the exact make and model #. If there is a service tag #, then post that as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-doesnt-detect-hdd.1094615/
Relevancy 73.96%

Never had this 2nd HDD detect does doesn't Windows MB while problem before with a motherboard not detecting a drive Is it a BIOS MB doesn't detect 2nd HDD while Windows does issue that will be resolved once updated Check my spec page on user profile for my system info if this helps provide more info It is running v and I can upgrade that to What happens is it will not detect MB doesn't detect 2nd HDD while Windows does the other HDD that windows is not installed on but it didn't detect before any OS was installed on either drive and this issue has been interchangeable between both HDDs And each time Windows setup detects both drives not always - until I hot plug out and back in but it shows up then Both HDDs show up when in windows but I run the risk of not being able to boot into windows having it connected So as you can gather it is not RAID as I normally have setup but AHCI for now It is a new system and HDDs are healthy pass all tests - and only a few months old I've not used AHCI mode before so howcome when I hotplug a HDD windows detects it but doesn't show up in computer only under computer management Only I could do with hotpluggin in a TB HDD I have that has backed up data on which I want to organised and move to another HDD so I can format it I think it might be corrupted file system or something because when I hotplug it windows crashes whereas it never used to under my old system - this happens whether I use USB dock or SATA connection - hot plugging Advice much appreciated thanks

A:MB doesn't detect 2nd HDD while Windows does

Sorted it. BIOS update did the trick and 2TB HDD also detected now without crashing W7

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/219063-mb-doesnt-detect-2nd-hdd-while-windows-does.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I just detect SSD? my doesn't Why my BIOS won a new Intel SSD in a contest Why doesn't my BIOS detect my SSD? I removed the old SATA hard drive from my laptop and plugged in the new SSD I turned on my laptop Why doesn't my BIOS detect my SSD? with a Windows installation disk inserted booted from the Windows disk and got the screen where it asks which drive to install Windows onto It said there were no drives detected Then I restarted the computer and went into the BIOS and tried to do a quot Hard drive diagnostic test quot and it said quot Hard drive not exist quot The SSD also does not show up in the list of bootable devices Next I put my old hard drive back into my laptop and put the SSD in a USB SATA hard drive enclosure I plugged the enclosure into a USB port and loaded the BIOS again I looked at the list of bootable devices and the SSD was listed Then I loaded Windows Windows did detect the SSD in the Disk Manager and from there I formatted the SSD Now I am able to see the SSD listed in My Computer as drive quot I quot I tried replacing the hard drive with the SSD again and the BIOS still will not detect it It only detects it when it is plugged in through the USB enclosure What do I need to do to get it to detect the SSD normally plugged into the SATA cable inside the laptop Just in case my laptop is a quot HP Notebook PC quot model number qe ua nbsp

A:Why doesn't my BIOS detect my SSD?

Try using the jumper to set it to a slower speed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/why-doesnt-my-bios-detect-my-ssd.1051238/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi, I heres the problem:
My PC will no longer detect USB devices: My Mp3 Player/Memory Stick, My Web Cam or my Mobile Phone Data Cable.

usualy when you plug a USB device in to windows XP OS you hear that sort of 'bong' sound and the icon appears in the sys tray, right? it isnt doing that no more and my mem stick doesnt show up in 'my computer' or device manager, although when i plug it in it powers on (same with all the devices)

I have tryed both front and back USB slots on my PC.

Is there a service your PC depends on to run these? i have quite a few disabled due to low RAM, but i don't know which one it could be (if it is this)

Spec:
Windows XP Pro 2002 service pack 2.
AMD Semp 2600+
256MB RAM
ASROCK K7S41 Mobo

Cheers for any help.

A:PC Doesn't detect USB devices

Check your CMOS if there any setting there to turn them off. I would try to obtain a PCI USB card and try that.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-doesnt-detect-usb-devices.393158/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello all;

Last night I was updating ZoneAlarm, then foolish me ran CCleaner during ZA's install. The OS still starts up but the internet is not detected.
I ran another OS from CD/DVD & connected just fine.
Don't know where to begin to give info that would be helpful to correct this problem.
I did try Troubleshooting but that just suggested to restart the modem (I am on DSL), no help.
[not meaning to influence anyone opinion] Almost seems like the NIC (old term?) driver got messed up but don't know how to tell for sure.

Don't know where to go from here.
Hope someone's directions can help
merl

A:W7 doesn't detect internet

what browser are you using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/329618-w7-doesnt-detect-internet.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Windows SE A week ago I used Audiograbber to rip an audio cd I used Soundforge to edit And then used Nero to burn an audio cd Burned ok But when I went to play Windows CD player came on and says it doesn t detect any data on the cd Interesting this is I then used Soundforge and could play from that same audio cd which is a cd-r I can burn a data cd and Windows sees that just not audio I ve burned audio cd s audio cd PC doesn't detect before with no problem Also btw not sure if this matters I did a Microsoft update and had to do re-install a few drivers etc Any clues as to how I can get control back for my cd player in Windows I thought it might PC doesn't detect audio cd have been a driver or something but all my drivers PC doesn't detect audio cd are up to date cable are plugged in in the cd-rom I must be missing something but can t see it knock Thanks very much nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-doesnt-detect-audio-cd.20540/
Relevancy 73.96%

A few days ago I tried installing an OS windows Vista for the first time on my computer It was previously running win XP Now while I was installing OS. doesn't BIOS detect win Vista I had to choose a different drive than the one having XP due to storage issues I managed to install it without further problems and it BIOS doesn't detect OS. worked really smooth Then I felt that I had no need for Win XP so I deleted its WINDOWS folder from the drive it was in But while rebooting the BIOS menu still asked me to choose BIOS doesn't detect OS. an OS between XP and Vista I then searched the internet and found out that removing an OS from the dual boot menu was more difficult in win Vista than in XP In win XP you could just modify the boot ini file So I instead decided to decrease the time the dual boot menu showed to zero While I was doing that I am quite sure I set the default OS to Vista But while booting the BIOS simply selects win XP in a split second because I set the time to zero Windows Vista option is still there but I can't select it Then it says 'drivers not found' because I deleted the win XP folder I have an AWARD BIOS and BIOS doesn't detect OS. I tried pressing F while booting to open Windows advanced boot menu but strangely it does not show Win Vista I don't know what to do Prior to this I saw that my C drive with win XP was my active drive and my F drive with win Vista was my boot drive PLEASE HELP

A:BIOS doesn't detect OS.

Try tapping F8 before windows would normally start to load. That should bring up the boot menu but I think it will be the XP menu since that's your default OS. But give it a try and see if it allows you to boot to another OS.Or, if you hit the PAUSE/BREAK key at just the right time to pause loading at the OS selection screen you can select Vista at that point.If you can get Vista to load then you need to run BCDEDIT or a third party application like EASYBCD to edit the entries.If neither of those work you'll probably have to either do a fresh install or run BCDEDIT after booting from the Vista disk. From:http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial..."BCDEDIT works from installation boot dvd too. If you mess up with a setting and you cannot boot, just boot from DVD and enter Repair Computer, then go to command prompt and there you go. You can play again with bcdedit to restore your system back."More detailed info here:https://neosmart.net/wiki/recoverin...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-vista/bios-doesnt-detect-os/13973.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I have a custom build computer I put together about 2 years ago. Ever since my CDRW would sometimes show up and most of the time not show up as one of my drives. Recently I started using my CDRW for storage, but I am still facing this problem with Windows not seeing my drive. Does anyone have any suggestion. I have a Windows 2000 Professional. My CDRW is Accer "CRW 1610". Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 73.96%

can u guys help me my cd drives doesn't detect any of my cd
the drive is located and windows says its properly connected but none of the cd works
the light turns on and everything
tried to reformatt but teh drive won't respond

A:my cd drive doesn't detect cd

If all the drivers are installed and the computer reconises it the the Cd-rom is bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-cd-drive-doesnt-detect-cd.269391/
Relevancy 73.96%

my cd drive doesn't detect any cds
it shows the drive in my computer but it says no cd is in it
i tried to reformatt but can't sdince the cd drive doesn't work
if anyone who knows how to solve or have this problem plz help me
thanx alot

A:Help! My Cd drive doesn't detect cd

First, it could be lint or trash has gotten into and covered laser. Second, it could be the drive motor not coming up to speed or not at all! My sugestion would be try a couple of short burst of canned air to make sure you dislodge any dust. Then try a Cd, when drawer closes with a Cd on it, put a finger or two on the face plate you should feel the motor strat up or attempt to do so. If nothing happens then you need to replace Cd player!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-cd-drive-doesnt-detect-cd.269942/
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm trying to connect my XPS 15 to my TV through an HDMI. I've done Win + P and tried to extend / duplicate the screen, but it doesn't work. I went to the control panel and found out my computer isn't recognizing the HDMI is plugged in. I've tried a few different cables and TV's, but the same thing happens. What is wrong?

Thanks for the help.

A:XPS 15 doesn't detect external display

I found that I had to use the GPU driver software to get my computer to work properly with my TV. Windows wouldn't do it on its own.

I suggest you try stepping through the troubleshooting list here first:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/p/19428186/20016558.aspx

Looking through other posts, the problem likely rests with the TV. There seems to be no standard for TVs communicating with computers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/442539/xps-15-doesnt-detect-external-display/
Relevancy 73.1%

I need help..... When I start the computer up the sound icon in the icon tray in the bottom right corner has a Red X over it like its in mute mode which it is not. I then click on it and it says that there isn't any sound devices installed or plugged in. I am on a VAIO laptop with build in speakers. So anyone know how I can fix this?

A:Window 7 doesn't detect speakers

Open device manager. Any yellow or red errors?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/404568/window-7-doesnt-detect-speakers/
Relevancy 73.1%

How it happened Was online watching a clip using MS Windows media player latest version I was busy doing something else besides suddenly I saw an error message about something being corrupt in media player right corner below Next I saw was a serious blue screen not like a regular one where you know it will be solved with a detect bluescreen anymore hdd doesn't T43 After restart I restarted my T Thinkpad Next thing that happend BIOS didn t detect my hard drive anymore What I already tried - dismounted my hd IBM Hitachi P N A GB and After bluescreen T43 doesn't detect hdd anymore downloaded all my data using a USB hd-reader device attaching it to another notebook - gt So my hard disk both partitions was accessible without ANY problems - Attempted to reinstall Win XP with the CD but the setup can t find a harddisk - Used Ultimate BootDisk to run Diagnostics only to find out that the tool can t recognize any primary IDE adapter it does recognize the CD-R DVD drive Got also this once after a restart - BIOS error message failure fixed disk Any suggestions about that scenario - BIOS-virus or malware how to remove - Can t imagine that there is such a sudden hardware failure resulting in ide adapter issues it looks like a virus malware attack Your help would be greatly appreciated Thanx Andy nbsp

A:After bluescreen T43 doesn't detect hdd anymore

I had one of these come into my shop with a similar issue. Since the hard drive is not detected in bios, its not a software issue so it's not a virus. So lets take a deeper look. If its not detected in the bios that means its hardware and on a laptop only 4 peices of hardware would have this issue. Mobo, HD, Ram, or physical connection to the mobo. Since its not the HD then check out the ram, if it checks out either take the computer to a specialist in motherboards or look for a dissasembly guide and attempt to check the connections yourself. Take plenty of pictures of what you take apart and what it comes from so you can reassemble it with ease. You can also try jiggling the hard drive in place and seeing if that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-bluescreen-t43-doesnt-detect-hdd-anymore.139503/
Relevancy 73.1%

In trying to troubleshoot my CD-RW, I deleted a couple of registry keys (Upper Filters & Lower Filters) for the drive. Now Roxio will not detect either burner. Both work fine with Nero and Windows XP's burning utility. I've uninstalled, deleted Roxio files and registry keys, and reinstalled twice. Still doesn't work.

I'm open to some ideas.

Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all!
I have a problem with an external usb hard disc (IOMEGA) that only is detected by my Windows 7 computer, but not on my Vista computer.
There are no problems with the USB connections on the Vista computer, apart from this hard drive problem.
In order to solve the problem I formatted the disc (FAT32) but it didn't help so now I've formatted it back to NTFS.
What could be the problem? Thanks!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/296200-vsita-doesnt-detect-external-hd-but-w7-does.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I have had this Laptop Dell Inspiron r on Windows for about years now I bought it slightly used and I have never been able to get the ethernet port to work properly Wi-fi works great I have tried different networks i e moving to a new house different Ethernet cables Detect Doesn't Notebook Ethernet and installing updating drivers I even splashed water all over it warranty replaced nearly everything so I don't think it is a faulty port I posted about it in a few forums years ago and never found a solution Now I just moved to a new apartment and Notebook Doesn't Detect Ethernet need to plug in to my modem router to set it up I brought it to a shop here but I live in Taiwan and my computer is all English Notebook Doesn't Detect Ethernet I'm American My Chinese wasn't good enough to translate every little thing nor good enough to properly explain my problem Any ideas I'm willing to try anything even if I have tried it in Notebook Doesn't Detect Ethernet the past Thanks in advance Note I wasn't implying that a I splashed water on it TO get warranty service it just happened

A:Notebook Doesn't Detect Ethernet

First I would try to install the correct driver (and I don't know which that one is but there's a guy on here who probably will)

If the port is physically no good, then I would suggest a USB network adapter like this:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592773/notebook-doesnt-detect-ethernet/
Relevancy 73.1%

I ve just bought Microsoft Flight CD Flight 2004 doesn't detect Sim Sim it installed fine and I restarted the computer like it said Now when I go to run the game it says Flight Sim 2004 doesn't detect CD please insert Flight Sim disc and start the program again or something along those lines but I do have the disc inserted I ve tried it in both my D drive DVD CD player and my H drive CD-writer and I ve even tried disabling my CD-RW drive in windows so the game only has the D drive to look for the CD I ve tried putting in one of the other three CD s which autorun and then I click to play the game but it says to insert CD again I ve had a look at the disc it s brand new and it looks perfect and it worked fine for installation I m running windows XP and it s an MSI nforce with onboard graphics and sound and Athlon XP Any ideas nbsp

A:Flight Sim 2004 doesn't detect CD

I don't have 2004 yet, but in 2002 you have two install options...one where it required the CD's and another (larger) option where it copied everything to the hard drive.

If 2004 has that option, might try going with the larger install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/flight-sim-2004-doesnt-detect-cd.166876/
Relevancy 73.1%

When I plug in a usb, it doesn't detect it, What should I do?

A:Windows 7 doesn't detect USB port

Check in device manager if the drive is up there. What kind of usb devise is not detected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/14394-windows-7-doesnt-detect-usb-port.html
Relevancy 73.1%

When my systems goes BSOD and restarts I have that screen where I can choose which mode I should restart safe mode etc However Windows doesn't detect my keyboard during that screen and I my doesn't seven windows detect keyboard am forced to wait sec and boot in normal mode automatically Now this wouldn't be that much of a problem but I need to update the defective firmware of one of my HDD And I use a boot disk to do that and of course the boot disk doesn't windows seven doesn't detect my keyboard recognize my keyboard So this became a major problem and I can lost my hdd data anytime now My mouse and keyboards both use an usb port I suspect that I need traditional mouse and keyboard using traditional ports I have a traditional mouse but I do not have a traditional keyboard unfortunately But I have converters from usb to traditional port for both mouse and keyboard What I tested plug-in the traditional mouse and reboot result the traditional mouse is recognized use the usb to traditional port for the mouse and reboot it doesn't recognize the mouse use the usb to traditional port for the keyboad and reboot it doesn't recognize the keyboard Any clue on how to have keyboard recognized as traditional please TIA Edit Keyboard Logitech G refresh Mouse Logitech G

A:windows seven doesn't detect my keyboard

What are your system specs?

Check 'Device Manager' for any yellow triangles, if there are any check for new drivers from your OEM or motherboard website.
You should check for updated drivers even if no yellow triangles.

Can you borrow a keyboard with a PS2 cable, for testing?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/127538-windows-seven-doesnt-detect-my-keyboard.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi everyone this is my first time here I apologize if this question has already been asked but a couple days ago I was trying to install a new piece of software for my daughter and my CD ROM drive didn t start up automatically like usual I could hear it wind up but then it would stop so I went to my computer and my D drive wasn t even listed there I haven t used my D drive for a couple of months so who knows how long this has been a problem I had the klez virus back in July but then got rid of it I don t think that caused the problem because after I got rid of the virus I reinstalled Norton and it worked just fine then A couple people have mentioned that it coule be a lost driver but I don t want to waste time downloading programs that I don t need Any thoughts Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

Have clicked on detect my computer, which prompts me to download and install lenovo service bridge, which I have done. Can see it in Start Menu (am using new install of Win 7 with all latest updates) as well as in installed programs. However, when I go back to Lenovo's online support pages and click on detect my PC, instead of detecting my PC (is a M91p, 4518 small form factor type), it simply aske me to download LSB.exe again. I need a couple of drivers after my windows install; however, as I don't know which ones/what they're for I really need to get this to work I'm going round in circles - please help! Thanks,Richard

A:Service Bridge doesn't detect but keeps asking me ...

Dear,I have the same issues, are there anyone solve it or did you solve it, since I see no one from lenovo support try to help you.Thanks,Jallad

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/Service-Bridge-doesn-t-detect-but-keeps-asking-me-to-download/td-p/2210247
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi everybody.
I built a new computer. But now I have a problem at BIOS.

On the mainpage of the BIOS it doesn't detect any device. Only at boot are all devices listed. What could cause the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Asus P5LD2
PT4 630 3.0 Ghz
HDD 80 GB Seagate

Relevancy 73.1%

Hey all,

When booting my computer, i seem to get stuck at "Detecting IDE Drives". It completes the cycle every once in a while, maybe once every 3-5 restarts. As well, my computer CANNOT boot off of my CD drive, only my disk drive. When I do boot from my HDD, my computer doesn't detect my CD Drive. Additionally, the drive doesn't even open nor does it have a light - although on occassion, it will work fine; it will open and light up as usual.

Can anybody explain how to fix this in lamens terms?

Thanks in advance!

A:Computer doesn't detect CD drive

There are a few things you can try as in this guide: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic137666.html

However, because of the multiple problems you describe, in the end I think you will have to replace the drive with a new one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-doesnt-detect-cd-drive.151371/
Relevancy 73.1%

So I'm wondering what this is. I happen to open C:\ in my computer (I have one physical drive, divided into an NTFS partition with 145 GB and a FAT32 2.5 GB part., and that's the way my eMachine came)...I see a bunch of text documents with long, random names like '0dbb8868c1af2bc6152517d82d0d' for example, filled with what look like logs for some weird process. AVG doesn't find anything wrong with them. My Maple Story client is what alerted me to a possible virus/spyware anomaly; it doesn't function right at initialization. So if anyone could help me out here...

Relevancy 73.1%

Okay it's not the computer or the USB ports. I will tell you that now.

My sister has a laptop. My brother has a computer. And I have a computer.
Both of them downloaded zoombrowser from the internet and it worked fine but it didn't detect the camera. They installed something that I don't know of, and they forgot the name of, but it had the word "download" in it.

This thing they installed was from the internet too, and I was wondering what it was.

After they installed the thing, everything was fine and the computer/laptop could detect the camera.

Where is it, and what is it? x_x

A:Zoombrowser EX:doesn't detect camera

Hi,

Welcome to TSG.

Sounds to me as though you do not have the device driver for the camera loaded into the computer.

You will need this driver for the camera to be recognised.

Normally, if you do not have the CD anymore, it should be easy to find the driver on the camera manufacturers website.

Alternatively, you should be able to download the photo's through a card reader, as long as zoombrowser recognises the camera exif format.

Deep.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/zoombrowser-ex-doesnt-detect-camera.362027/
Relevancy 73.1%

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my computer only detects one display rather than two. I have a Dell desktop computer and two Dell monitors. Using Windows 7 both monitors were being detected/used. Can anyone tell me how to correct. (I'm not very technically experienced, but can follow basic instructions.)

The second display shows a black screen with the message "Cannot Display This Video Mode".

A:Windows 10 doesn't detect my second monitor

right click on desktop for "display settings" - pick the monitor that shows up that message -> click it to activate -> switch correct video mode for it. its prolly too high resolution issue.

also WIN+P -combination gives you chance to use "extended desktop" which you should use to configure the resolutions

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/32480-windows-10-doesnt-detect-my-second-monitor.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I'm trying to connect a Digital Camera through a USB to my XP computer but it does not show up in computer, why?

A:Windows doesn't detect Camera?

is the camera on? most require you plug it in to the usb then turn it on? just wondering kinda made that mistake with a brand new cool pix then threw it at a wall thank god for best buys accidental damage thingy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-doesnt-detect-camera.886106/
Relevancy 73.1%

So I've already uninstalled the driver, restarted my computer, reinstalled the driver, and restarted the computer. MSN has been set to show others that I do have an available webcam. Skype is set to enable the webcam.

I can use my webcam via the installed Logitech program, but neither Skype nor MSN detects I have a webcam. I've tried plugging the webcam USB into three different USB ports to no avail. The programs do not detect my webcam for some reason; it's a bit odd, because it'll work, but it'll suddenly stop working. This has happened three times before on different occasions where I've reformatted my computer inbetween each incident.

My webcam is the following model:

QuickCam? Communicate STX
M/N: V-UBK45, V-UBK45

Can someone please tell me why I can use my webcam using the actual program that comes with the driver, but not on MSN, Skype, etc.?

Thanks.

A:MSN Doesn't Detect Webcam (but computer does)

Try having the Logitech program running and THEN open up MSN or Skype

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/94857-msn-doesnt-detect-webcam-but-computer-does.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello. My notebook is HP  Probook 450 G1 with  AMD Radeon HD 8750M and Intel HD 4400 I just reinstall Windows on my notebook . And now i have problems with AMD driver, cause i can't install drivers for it. First of all i must observe that device manager and GPU-Z doesn't detect it. The second thing i've detected - in GPU-Z shows that multi-gpu is OFF. In BIOS dual graphics switched on, so i can't realise what is the problem. Allready turned my BIOS to default, but didn't help .In my old windows always was ok, but now she doesn't detect AMD too, only Intel HD. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/AMD-Radeon-HD-8750M-doesn-t-detect/td-p/5683260
Relevancy 73.1%

I can't figure out how to solve this. I tried rebooting, reinstalling everest. To no avail.

I made sure the CPU HS/F was plugged into the correct pin on the Mobo, and it is.

Can anyone help me? The only temperature Everest will detect is my GPU and GPU Ambient. Also HDD temperatures.

A:Everest doesn't detect my CPU temperature.

why do you need everest to detect your CPU temps?

software based temp programs are not very accurate. everest is a great tool, but i wouldn't rely on it for temp sensing.

a physical temp probe is the best way to go. the next best thing IMO is the BIOS (although the BIOS doesn't show temps under load

:wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everest-doesnt-detect-my-cpu-temperature.54398/
Relevancy 73.1%

Ok I am having trouble getting my Itunes to detect my ipod I have re-installed the program about 4 times after completely removing it from my system. I have done everything I found out about the this proplem from itunes support but that didn't help. I have contacted apple by phone and they couldn't help me they told me to install itunes on safe mode so i tried but when im on safe mode a pop up comes up telling me that the adminstrater which is me has set options to not allow me to install the program so I want to install the program again and get itunes to read my ipod. Someone with any idea of what to do please tell me oh and I forgot to mention that windows does recognize the ipod like it comes up in my computer but not on itunes. Help please I'm pleading for help

A:Itunes doesn't detect my ipod

Hello there!

It seems that you have a popular question. Here is a thread that may be of help:

http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/783114-pc-will-not-recognise-ipod.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/itunes-doesnt-detect-my-ipod.789521/
Relevancy 73.1%

Since the anniversary update my graphics card has become invisible.

A:My PC doesn't detect my graphics card

Hi! Please provide more information. How are you looking for your graphics card? Are you looking in devise manager??

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/442064-my-pc-doesnt-detect-my-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 73.1%

My PC does not detect my microphone when I plug it in I have tried using more than one microphone in case the detect external PC microphone doesn't microphone was broken but no microphone is detected when I PC doesn't detect external microphone plug it in Likewise I have made sure that there are no external mute or on off switches on the microphones which are preventing them from working I have made sure all of the drivers are up to date by going through my Device Manager I ve also toyed with the properties by right-clicking on the icon in the system tray as well as going into the volume control in the control panel but I still can t get the microphone to work The microphone was working as recently as two weeks ago Whenever I plugged it in a SigmaTel Audio window would pop up so I could choose that it was my rear mic Now however the SigmaTel Audio window never even pops up indicating to me once again that my PC is not even detecting that a microphone is plugged in Any advice nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-doesnt-detect-external-microphone.692380/
Relevancy 73.1%

I connected an ethernet card to a 4-year-old Gateway desktop running Windows Millenium and then plugged everything back up and turned on the computer and the monitor would not detect a signal. I took the ethernet card out and took out and replaced the video card and rebooted and still no signal.
I plugged in two different monitors and both these monitors showed no signal. I plugged in a working video card from another computer and still no signal. I also moved the video cards to different slots and no luck. Does anyone have any suggestions? I appreciate your help very, very much.

Relevancy 73.1%

I downloaded a keygen and scanned it with Avast 5 before running. Upon running, it doesn't do anything. :(

I uploaded to VirusTotal and it says 4/41 of its anti-virus detect it as malware (trojan). So what should I do?

P/S: I didn't upload the logs and stuff because I just need some quick advice. I figured I can fix it, hence no need to trouble the volunteers. :)

A:How do you remove a (possible) virus if your a/v doesn't detect it as one?

Okay the file just disappeared. I downloaded Nod32 to try to scan my system for malware, and I realized that the keygen had disappeared :O

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/how-do-you-remove-a-possible-virus-if-your-a-v-doesnt-detect-it-as-one-482824.html
Relevancy 73.1%

ok i run windows 7 home premium and when i go to the detection screen it say's i do not have a antivirus installed is there a way to enable it through a setting or something this is also being detected through hp advisor. i got this laptop last year it's a hp g61 series just wondering if anyone know's how to fix this issue?

A:system doesn't detect antivirus

You need to install antivirus software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/169303-system-doesnt-detect-antivirus.html
Relevancy 73.1%

hello im kinda worried about my HDD My pc can t recognize it whenever i plugged it in It was not like this before it used to work properly I don detect my My HDD Hitachi PC doesn't 320GB t My PC doesn't detect my Hitachi 320GB HDD know what happened I have a Hitachi gb HDD My pc can t detect it but when I plug it in another pc it was detected I tried to My PC doesn't detect my Hitachi 320GB HDD change the cord hoping that it was the problem but the same thing happens with the newly bought cord I think there is nothing wrong with the HDD nor the connector cord I suspect there s something wrong with my pc By the way if this helps this is the specs of my pc System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name IUCN Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model My PC doesn't detect my Hitachi 320GB HDD G M-ES C BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Pentium R Dual-Core CPU E GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode I hope you can extend you kind help here thank you very much guys Warwin nbsp

A:My PC doesn't detect my Hitachi 320GB HDD

Take a look at this thread and see if it helps you: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic122125.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-doesnt-detect-my-hitachi-320gb-hdd.179758/
Relevancy 73.1%

hi
i have hp probook 4520s with amd radeon mobility hd 4500/4300 dev9555
i have a fresh win 8 installation, my VGA is now with microsoft driver WDDM v1.1 version 8.97.10.6
no one of amd catalyst installers detect my graphic even offical driver from HP!

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/29884-amd-catalyst-doesnt-detect-my-graphic.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I am pretty sure that Webwatcher was installed on my computer It is a Keylogger records every website visit your computer can be monitored in real time and it is supposed to be totally hidden and undetectable http computer-monitoring-software topchoicereviews com web-watcher-review htm First I found PCanywhere and Big Fix I got rid of them Now I have this to deal with My operating system is XP SP I have used Spybot Spyblaster and a-squared Spykiller and X-Block doesn t answer my email I Can detect ? doesn't. Spyware you WebWatcher called Spysweeper by Webroot and they didn t know My Hijack this log is below THANK YOU BAK Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe Can you detect WebWatcher ? Spyware doesn't. C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files a-squared Free a service exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe c program files dell printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor DLSDBNT EXE C WINDOWS System GEARSec exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files PFU ScanSnap PfuSsSct exe C Program Files PFU ScanSnap PDF Thumbnail View pdfquickview exe C program files dell printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor DLPSP EXE C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C pvsw bin Bin w dbsmgr exe C Program Files PFU ScanSnap Driver PfuSsMon exe C PROGRA Adobe ACROBA Acrobat Acrobat exe C WINDOWS system WISPTIS EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO SnagIt Toolbar Loader - C D-C - C - -FCE AD C - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItBHO dll O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AcroIEToolbarHelper Class - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar SnagIt - FF E -ABDE- EB-B E-D AAB CABE - C Program Files TechSmith SnagIt SnagItIEAddin dll O - HKLM Run PfuSsSct exe quot C Program Files PFU ScanSnap PfuSsSct exe quot Station O - HKLM Run Pdfquickview quot C Program Files PFU ScanSnap PDF Thumbnail View pdfquickview exe quot O - HKLM Run DLPSP quot c program files dell printers Additional Color Laser Software Status Monitor DLPSP EXE quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run IntelliPoint quot C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKLM Run AVG CC quot C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe quot STARTUP O - HKCU Run KeyWallet C PROGRA KEYWAL KWallet exe O - Global Startup Acrobat Assistant lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe O - Global Startup Pervasive SQL Workgroup Engine lnk C pvsw bin Bin w dbsmgr exe O - Global Startup ScanSnap Manager lnk C Program Files PFU ScanSnap Driver PfuSsMon exe O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE EXCEL EXE O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin npjpi dll O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C P... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-you-detect-webwatcher-spyware-doesnt.622528/
Relevancy 73.1%

I m quite quot green quot at computers so please excuse my ignorance I am running windows xp when I place a cd in my e drive it doesn t detect it at all when I put it in my d drive which is also my burner it will detect it and run after doesn't computer using detect once it cd drive it once only if I haven t done anything else on my computer after turning it on and going right to that function but if I need a second thing computer doesn't detect cd drive after using it once done nothing ie I tried to download a two cd game for my son I turned on my computer and the first disk installed then it said to take it out and place the second disk in when I do that it doesn t detect it I don t have windows xp setup disk since I had it installed when I bought the computer by the company I bought it from what should I do Thanks so much in advance for your help please use quot laymans quot terms if you are replying so I can understand responses nbsp

Relevancy 73.1%

A friends business got hit with Cryptowall and I can see all the HELP_DECRYPT files on their file server and on two individual workstations.  I ran ListCWall on the file server and it says it didn't find anything.  Any ideas why?  The files are stores on a different drive letter than the OS.  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/588549/hit-with-cryptowall-but-listcwall-doesnt-detect-anything/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hey Y'all

The computer was hooked up to high speed for a while, via an external modem, but now I have to use dial-up again. Problem is Windows 98 doesnt recognize the internal modem (conexant HPC) that was working before. I've deleted all traces of the modem from computer as best as I can and reinstalled it with a new driver I downloaded (I dont have the disc). The modem shows up in the device manager and under the modem option in the control panel but when I try to dial my ISP it get a message telling me to make sure my modem is plugged in or it asks me if I want to install a new modem. I've physically taken the modem out of the computer, shut down, rebooted, shut down, reinstalled it and still no luck. Is the modem kaput? Is there maybe a BIOS issue? A port settings issue? Help!

A:Computer doesn't detect modem

Go thru Control Panel/Phones and Modems. Run the Diagnostic "Query Modem" and see if the system can communicate with it.

If not then there is a physical OR setup problem with the card. You might also try moving the card to different slots.

Dial Modems are generally a PITA!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-doesnt-detect-modem.327617/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi. I have many burned CDs of music, media etc...but when I burned these, I had to do it volumes/partitions of about 150megs or so...I repeated this process on the same CD until the CD was full and then I moved on. The problem is, I can't access these different partitions/volumes on my new PC (HP a610n, AMD XP 3000+, 160 Gig HD, 512 MB RAM, windows XP home edition). When I open up nero burning rom to burn data onto a used CD, I see the various partitions/volumes but can't access them. In my computer, I can access only the most current volume. This is a major major problem and I need help fixing it, please. Thanks a lot.

Relevancy 73.1%

My PC was updated to Win10 almost 1 year ago and there wasn't any problem connecting my windows phone (Lumia 920).
I'm not sure when it started but probably since this summer my PC start to not detect my Lumia 920.
Actually Lumia 920 is detected and it can charge with PC, but I can't sync and open it.
I want to attach some pictures to show what is happning but I can't attach them while this site verify my account.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/60ed1d72-040b-4f1c-808c-b3b539284402/windows-10-pc-doesnt-detect-lumia-920?forum=MTCWinPhone