Windows Support Forum

Event Viewer - Thousands of unknown Event ID 1s

Q: Event Viewer - Thousands of unknown Event ID 1s

Hi there,

It's my first time posting on this forum however this forum has helped me solve dozens of past issues so thanks

Ok so I've got an MSI GS40 notebook running Windows Home 64-bit. It's a great notebook and runs like a dream. I recently checked my Event Viewer and saw thousands of warnings. Basically the same warning every second. They're all Execution Service - Event ID: 1

I'm really not keen on a system restore or reformat. The hardware is pretty high-end and so it doesn't seem like anything has slowed down but I would like to resolve these crazy warnings.

Any help would be great...

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/63802-event-viewer-thousands-unknown-event-id-1s.html
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Event Viewer - Thousands of unknown Event ID 1s

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 50.74%

In a strange turn of events, Nvidia elected to use Epic Games' media event (instead of its own last night) at the Game Developers Conference to reveal its newest flagship graphics card, the Titan X.

Read more

A:Nvidia crashes Epic Games' media event, announces Titan X graphics card

Soo... What are the chances of a 6GB "980Ti" variant? A bit like the 780Ti was to the Titan Black?
Because it would be better for games and a hell of a lot cheaper

If the rumor mill is to be believed, the price is going to be $1,349, Most people who buy this for gaming will have no use of the double precision floating point prowess of the card, and the few that would probably should have spent a couple hundred extra bucks to get a proper Quadro!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-crashes-epic-games-media-event-announces-titan-x-graphics-card.209423/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi, Could anyone tell me any ideas on trying to get my usb device to work again. Not recognizing on my computer. Went into device managers and can see unknown device. I have tried uninstalled it and pluged it back in but all it says is successful installed unknown device. The computer doesnt even know what it is. Is it possible to try and install a driver for it and tell it that its a usb device?

Thank you
Mitch

A:Sandisk Cruzer unknown device

Sometimes the drives just die. This shouldn't be a driver issue, do other flash drives work in the computer? Have you tried this drive in a different computer?

You could open up disk management and see if you can delete the partition and create a new one, or simply format the existing one as NTFS or exfat. WARNING: Doing this will cause you to lose any data you may have on the drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sandisk-cruzer-unknown-device.209278/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey,

Yesterday, I was working with my PC while my 1TB Seagate external hard (http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-FreeAgent-Ultra-Portable-External-STAA1000101/dp/B0045JLPMO) was plugged in via USB. The USB connection was a little bit loose.

Then when I was plugging a USB flash memory in, I noticed that the external hard was disconnected.
I connected it again, but it didn't appear in My Computer.
Here is the state in Disk Management and Device Manager:

After that, I plugged out the "SATA to USB converter" from the hard and connected it directly to SATA cable inside the PC case (like internal HDD), but this time nothing showed up in Disk Management, Device Manager and BIOS. However, it took a long time for the system to boot.

I searched and read lots of threads and tested some other stuff:

(It didn't appear in Minitool Partion Wizad).

I've got a lot of data on this HDD which really matters to me.
Any help is really appreciated.

A:FreeAgent 1TB External Hard stopped working (unknown, not initialized)

Hi there Sedhadi,

If your HDD is failing the manufacturer's tests it is probably dead. IF you need to get your data back look for a reputable data recovery company in the area.
Hope that helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freeagent-1tb-external-hard-stopped-working-unknown-not-initialized.208828/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a sony SD Card 16gb class 4 card. I did use the card for almost 3 months, when I tried to use it now, I am not able to access the card,

I tried recovery softwares like recova etc to recover the file, but I was not able to recover even a single byte.

I have many importants files in the CARD, PLEASE HELP ME...,.

Thanks

A:Data recovery SD Card not accessible, says incorrect function showing unknown format

I think >>this thread<< could help you out . He seems to have the same problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-sd-card-not-accessible-says-incorrect-function-showing-unknown-format.201611/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have networked PCs before many times successfully so this is not my first time trying to network PCs in a home environment Though I m wondering if Windows is part of the problem I would have thought that for sure until one of the name credentials bad password? user with unknown even correct failure: or "Logon new laptops running W would not connect to any of the other three PCs Laptops running W Yet these other three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to this laptop Then it gets a little more "Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password? even with correct credentials interesting this same laptop that couldn t connect to those three W PCs Laptops CAN connect to a Windows desktop and a XP Laptop and those two can also connect back to it without issue It s almost like my network is divided in half and only half can talk to each other But then when I thought it couldn t get any more interesting I realized the first three W PCs Laptops can talk to the others it s just that the others W Laptop W Desktop XP Laptop can t talk back to them without getting the error quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password even though the username and password are correct I don t fully understand this error because on the surface it s just WRONG My username and password are correct but it appears something somewhere is interfering or hijacking the authentication process Three of the computers laptops are brand new just purchased last week and setup this week The HostPC is also fairly new just purchased last month I am not using a HomeGroup and have removed all computers that were part of a HomeGroup I have enabled file sharing and network discovery and enabled Use user accounts and passwords to connect to other computers on all PCs I have DSL and am using the wireless modem provided by my ISP which has router functionality built into it It is a Sagemcom Model F ST N All computers are connected wirelessly Time is correct on all PCs I cannot use Group Policy since they re all Standard or Home edition DHCP is enabled and all computers are on the same subnet using the x range of ip addresses The six computers are as follows I figured this may make is easier to visualize the layout HostPC HP Desktop W PC Name DrsBlend U N DrsBlend p w not showing my real password PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Laptop W PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC HP Desktop W SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W PC Dell Laptop XP SP PC Name DrsBlend- U N DrsBlend P W Every PC stated above has the same user name and password and is logged-in with the username DrsBlend and the password The quot Logon failure unknown user name or bad password happens when trying to access HostPC PC or PC from PC PC or PC The HostPC can see and connect to all the PCs but only PC and PC can talk back or access the HostPC It s like the HostPC and PC and PC are in their own little clique and can talk back and forth to each other Those three PCs can also talk to PC PC and PC as well but PC PC and PC cannot talk back to them HostPC PC PC Profile corruption I would have entertained that thought but the fact the first three PCs can access and talk to one another kind of defeats that idea and the fact the PCs were just recently setup Firewall Disabled and disabled TrendMicro with no change With them on off the first three PCs can still talk to each other and the rest of the PCs Anyone have any additional suggestions nbsp

A:"Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password” even with correct credentials

I experienced a similar problem when I was trying to network my 8.1 machine the host network. As you say the host PC can see and connect to all of the machines, but not the other way around. Not sure if it is the same in your situation but I found that Microsoft's idea of network sharing on the Windows 8 class of OS differs greatly from previous OS's in that you can connect to it from an external host, but when trying to do the other way around it doesn't "see" the PC in question due to differing network sharing protocols included in the OS.

Anyone feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I am speaking only from what happened with my network.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logon-failure-unknown-user-name-or-bad-password%E2%80%9D-even-with-correct-credentials.201313/
Relevancy 52.03%

How serious is this? I'm running on a Dell laptop with a Intel(R) ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI Controller.

It is saying that I should back up all of my important files because of possible hard drive failure.

PLEASE HELP? I don't know how to fix this because I don't know what it means.

A:Hard drive is reporting a Smart Event error message

It telling you your hard drive is on its way out. You can try running a check disk and see if that helps. But to be on the safe side you should back up your personal files.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-is-reporting-a-smart-event-error-message.199432/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello I have read a lot of posts on here about personal laptop CPU s usage spiking while gaming watching videos or opening programs I have tried all of the recommendations given reasons unknown for CPU spiking and still have not seen any results Anytime I open any CPU spiking for unknown reasons program game or anything my CPU usage spikes to or higher I have closed all of the processes that can afford to not be running but the that does not help Whatever program is opened or running no matter what it is keeps spiking the CPU An example is if I run a game such as League of Legends it will start out fine with fps but slowly drop to to fps I have set all of the graphics to low and turned shadows off and it does not help My CPU fan stopped working and I took apart my laptop and fixed it and blew it out with compressed air but all that fixed was the heating issue The hottest the CPU gets now is c Before my fan went out I could run anything without a problem I have run AVG Malwarebyte CCleaner updated all the drivers but nothing seems to help Here are some screenshots I took This is just from opening League of Legends This is from opening techspot com Here is a screenshot with the Resource Monitor Here is my system information Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard System Model HP Pavilion dm Notebook PC Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM DirectX Version DirectX Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Core i Current Mode x bit Hz Driver File Version English Driver Version Driver Model WDDM I cannot figure it out and its driving me mad Thanks in advance for any and all help nbsp

A:CPU spiking for unknown reasons

First, is your C1E feature activated? Disabling it on my friend's PC fixed a similar issue.
Secondly, can you check which process is spiking? Open the Processes tab in Task Manager and check "Show Processes from all users". See which process is spiking, and kill it if it shouldn't be there, or has an unusual name (like all caps names. example RUNDLL32.EXE). Then see if CPU usage spikes.
Let us know how it goes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-spiking-for-unknown-reasons.180911/
Relevancy 54.61%

I have a Dell Studio 1737 Windows Vista Home 64 Service Pack 2. All of my drivers are up to date and I have the most recent BIOS.

I get this error message in my event viewer a couple of time an hour:

Source: ACPI
Event ID: 13

: The embedded controller (EC) did not respond within the specified timeout period. This may indicate that there is an error in the EC hardware or firmware or that the BIOS is accessing the EC incorrectly. You should check with your computer manufacturer for an upgraded BIOS. In some situations, this error may cause the computer to function incorrectly.

Also, when my computer is unplugged from the AC and running on battery power the system lags a lot and after about 15 minutes its turns off without warning.

I feel like this is all connected. Any advice?

Thank you!

A:ACPI error Event ID 13

This could be caused by a failing hard drive

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acpi-error-event-id-13.190645/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have an unknown icon between my pc and router in my network map. It is a secure net work. Also, I hear other people's conversation, music, background noise like someone is connected to me computer remotely. Someone please help it's freaking me out!!!

A:Unknown connector between my PC and router

Unplug your computer from your router at your computer's network card. Do you still hear the conversations, music, background noise? Or do you have a wireless network card and that's why you included the word secure?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-connector-between-my-pc-and-router.186962/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hello Everyone errors event DNS client I m have a problem on my newer computer that I would like DNS client event errors to know if anyone could give me hand trying to figure out DNS client event errors Now this is not an error that is preventing the computer from working But I get an error in the Event viewer constantly Just makes me think that there is something wrong Error is as follows Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client Date AM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User NETWORK SERVICE Computer Jay-PC Description There was an error while attempting to read the local hosts file Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DNS-Client quot Guid quot C E- EEA- A -A FE-A B DDB D quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Jay-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Location quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Context quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Like I said earlier If anyone can give me a hand with this I would greatly appreciate it Also Im sorry if I m posting this in the wrong Forum Topic Wasn t sure what sub topic I was supposed to put it under Thanks nbsp

A:DNS client event errors

Easiest approach is to delete the host file
\windows\system32\drivers\etc contains hosts

you need ADMIN privileges
First stop the client by getting a cmd prompt and enter net stop "dns client" (exactly as shown)
now cd to \windows\system32\drivers\etc

del hosts
then recreate it using echo "" >hosts
(that is two consecutive double-quotes without anything between)

now you should clear the event viewer log containing the error and follow up with
net start "dns client"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dns-client-event-errors.186735/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Dell Inspiron I want to put a new wireless card in...
Since the driver wants to fail all the time. It's brand new and not even paid for fully yet. The wifi card doesn't wanna stay connected and disconnects from the internet quite a lot.
The wireless card I have is, well, I pulled it out of a toshiba and It doesn't help if I search the internet for the card.

The card has on it: ICASA TA-2008/567
Toshiba Gcode: G86C0004510

The words on the card look like they are in french. Any help?

RTL8187B
realtek owns it... Know where to get a driver that's a trusted source?

A:Unknown wireless card

Well in regards to a "trusted source" that you might secure the driver for a "RTL8187B", give the following source a try! I've been using C|Net for years, they almost have never let me down!

Realtek RTL8187B Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter Driver​
http://download.cnet.com/Realtek-RT...B-2-0-Network-Adapter/3000-2112_4-206215.html​

Good luck to you, I think this one is going to work out for you!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-wireless-card.183468/
Relevancy 24.08%

A friend of mine bought an airtel Huawei EG162G usb stick modem after using it for some months he came to me to report that the modem isnt browsing even though it is connected and the data plan is active. I checked evrything, the only thing I noticed in the diagnostic information is that the MSISDN number is not displayed insted it is displaying unknown.
I have tried to change the firmware by upgrading even downgrading but not working. I even unlocked it so that I would be able to use other types of sim, it's still the same thing. I need someone to put me through on this

Any help will be appreciated

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/huawei-modem-msisdn-unknown.181309/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello I have a unknown fix Simple dilemma I have comcast cable internet with a ubee modem I have attached a belkin wireless n router and it was working great after the comcast tech fixed something in the router settings Dilemma is that it was reset to default and now I cannot connect my xbox I can get access on Simple fix unknown the ipod touch G my notebooks and my laptop and i can get it on the pc because it is hardwired My problem is that when I go to logon with xbox live it makes the router lose internet connection and cannot connect to the internet I was not home when the comcast tech fixed the router so I have no idea what he did that made it work All the wireless devices worked awesomely My daughter said that the tech said it was something that was disabled enabled and a simple fix Whatever I went through everything and still cannot figure it out I am no tech and know enough to get me by but this issue has got me stumped There is a DNS issue is what the xbox tells me I have contacted comcast and belkin and none of their suggestions and or instructions have helped I do not have my virtual ports open and have not put the xbox in the DMZ I just do not know If you need more info please let me know Oh by the way UPnP is enabled WIFI protected setup is enabled QoS is n g e b is the setting and I cloned the MAC address nbsp

A:Simple fix unknown

This might help: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071012212936AAggQRW

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/simple-fix-unknown.170844/
Relevancy 24.08%

Toshiba A -s Vista Home Premium SP Bit I have USB ports available on the left and on the right I can t seem to get any of them to work any longer When I plug anything in on the two on the left nothing not a thing happens When I plug things in on the right it recognizes it and it installs but tells me the device is unknown No matter the device it s always unknown devices All Unknown install ports USB as in in either port Until yesterday when I removed some upper filters and lower filters associated the GearA it constantly was giving me that quot plunking quot sound like something had been plugged into a USB port and it was quot not recognized quot That was driving me nuts as I could not get it to stop I have been reading on here for a couple of days and gone through all the troubleshooting Cleaned drivers with Driveclean exe in folder system Uninstalled the All devices in USB ports install as Unknown devices in device manager as instructed Ran SIV All devices in USB ports install as Unknown - Service Information Viewer Updated chipsets and drivers Gone thru instructions to remove upper and lower filters with Regjump however there are All devices in USB ports install as Unknown other upper filters and lower filters associated with other stuff in the Registry Read thru instructions and ran serviwin I ve even been inside the computer to make sure no wires were loose When checking USBSTOR with serviwin here is what I get USBSTOR USB Mass Storage Driver Stopped Manual Normal USB Mass Storage Class Driver lh sp rtm - Microsoft Corporation Microsoft Windows Operating System C Windows system DRIVERS USBSTOR SYS Error The service cannot be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it AM system DRIVERS USBSTOR SYS I ve tried to quot start quot USBSTOR but it won t let me At this point I m here with laptops and USB ports and can t get one port to work I have an HP where the ports have stopped working too but I can t only deal with one at a time lol I m in need of some serious get down to business help and unafraid Thanks so much nbsp

A:All devices in USB ports install as Unknown

It's another long shot but again, is easy to do, so give it a try. You have the same symptoms so try the same trick as in this thread Driver failure, unknown devices in USB controller. It worked there. Maybe for you too> <fingers crossed>

LookinAround said:

I've seen this trick work on only just a couple occasions but is easy so is also worth a try for your symptoms

Shut down computer. Unplug from the wall. Remove battery if its a laptop. Let it sit for an hour or two to discharge power. Then plug back in and try again.

Hope it may help <fingers crossed>Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-devices-in-usb-ports-install-as-unknown.165134/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi fellow service unknown status start failed or the Connection to dependency group computer junkies I can see a multitude of difficulties have been overcome by your group effort I hope you ve got another fix up your sleeves My laptop is years old HP COMPAQ C Notebook PC Vista Home Premium purchased with Intel Pentium Dual CPU T Ghz GB RAM bit OS My internet connection is normally T-Mobile USB Internet card Also connect WiFi with built in card Local Disk C NTFS GB Free GB Presario RP Disk D GB Free GB Pc tools spyware doctor w Antivirus Malwarebytes The first indication of a problem began with announcement that new Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start hardware had been found Knowing that I had installed nothing I blocked the new hardware attempt to connect Next day I found I could not reach the internet using T-mobile Among other things Windows Defender and Firewall were not operating I got a message quot Failed to connect to a windows service Windows could not connect to System Event Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start Notification Service This problem prevents limited users from logon on to the system As an administrator user you can review the system Event Log for details about why the service didn t respond quot Of course upon investigating I found I could not open Event Notification log Normally at a time like this I would reach for System Restore But I was informed no restore points were available With help from Brother-in-law Larry and using desktop with the T-mobile connection I was able to get online to find the fix to the problem I started in Safe Mode Clicked start search cmd right click ran as administrator typed quot netsh winsock reset quot enter and restarted Also ran sfc scannow That got rid of that problem Was then able to see Event Notification log But now new error quot Connection status unknown The dependency group failed to start quot I right clicked on that message got option to Diagnose and Repair Got message Network Diagnostics cannot run because Diagnostics Policy service is not running Clicked to open Service Control Manager SCM is in Management Console This opened Local Services which shows full pages of application descriptions status startup type and log on as I found Diagnostic Policy Service Properties set to startup automatic but service status is stopped I clicked start result was Error Access is denied Many other items are in same state When start attempted on some other applications Error was received also Some applications gave Error quot The dependency service or group failed to start I don t know if this is important but After being allowed to view Event Notification Log I looked at Security log which had as earliest date that was days ago Today the earliest date is I noticed several entries throughout from oldest to newest dates the entries were quot Special Logon quot with Special Privileges assigned to new logon On the oldest one it seemed to be given privileges which included among others I can t remember assign Primary token privilege Security Privilege Audit Privilege take ownership privilege TCB privilege load driver privilege backup privilege restore privilege debug privilege system environment privilege and Impersonate Privilege That s it for now bout all I know Send help please Bill Ellison nbsp

A:Connection status unknown the dependency service or group failed to start

Shot in the Dark

Have you tried running MalwareBytes in safe mode? Do you have an antivirus on your computer? Sometimes Virus' know MBAM so you may want to change the name of the program before you run it.

My Computer Lady

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-status-unknown-the-dependency-service-or-group-failed-to-start.164058/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello,

I have a lynksis wrt400n wireless router. I noticed today that there is a user named 'scotty-PC' in my network.

I do have it password protected.

I'm thinking the easiest way would be to shut off the wireless if that is possible. My wife and I are both hardwired into the router anyways.

How do I go about shutting off the wireless signal from the router?

Thank you in advance!

A:Need help with unknown user in my network

use your browser to reconfig the router - - use the IP address 193.168.1.1 as a URL
login: leave user name empty, password is admin
(obviously this needs to be changed too - - read on)

the Users Guide is here

Option one would be to DISABLE the radio - - read thru to find that

Option two would be to use WiFi Mac Filtering; -- pg 14
This option will allows ONLY defined systems access, so set a dummy, like the MAC
address of your wired NIC

Before you quit, DISABLE remote management on port 8080
and CHANGE that admin password

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-unknown-user-in-my-network.164009/
Relevancy 23.65%

hi my friend asked me to have a look at a there external hard drive after she split coke on it, and it stop working, the power is still getting to it the hard drive is still spining but the driver appears to be missing.

there is no vissable water marks (no sign of damage within the casing) (also there is no arking, burn marks)

there is power to the board and driver (light on the front and the driver spinning)

mine and there laptop both recognise that there is something there (as a 'unknown device') but it doesn't recognise it as a storage device.

when it did work it installed drivers from the windows drivers. i manually tryed choosing these drivers without success. it came back error code 10.

so i am unsure what the problem to be except the driver is missing,

much abilaged if anyone can help

just to in form i am running on vista

A:Toshiba external hard drive unknown device

I think it likely that the usb interface in your external enclosure may be damaged.
The drive may still be undamaged, and transferring it to a new enclosure may be your best best.
Such enclosures are relatively cheap and easily available.
I would not suggest continuing to use the existing enclosure.
Depending on the damage done to the usb interface, that damaged device could cause damage to the usb port of your computer.
Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-external-hard-drive-unknown-device.163946/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello forum well i finished buying all the pieces i need for my build and i started building the PC when i finished i went to turn it on and the PC attempted to turn on but didnt do anything nothing appeared on screen no sound only the fans moved for like less than a second PC I Unknown feared CPU issue the and i tried to turn it on again pressing the power button but nothing happened the button wasnt working I checked that cables were plugged in their correct place i tried with another power supply i unplugged the cpu and put it again and it Unknown PC issue I feared the CPU keeps doing the same thing It show the motherboard has power is just i have to unplug the PSU cable and plug it again and then when i try to turn it on it Unknown PC issue I feared the CPU happens the same thing the computer gain power for less than second and then it Unknown PC issue I feared the CPU stop I though maybe the case is screwed power button may be has some issue My computer is AMD based Processor Phenom II x mhz deneb GB Ram ddr mhz Patriot MB ddr nvidia video card cheap- video card i know w PSU GB HDD Well i hope i can fix this problem Any option will be helpful nbsp

A:Unknown PC issue I feared the CPU

Is the motherboard fitted using the standoff's (goldish looking hexagonal spacers) and the bolts using nylon washers as well?

It sounds like a short to me, from what your saying above. Failing that its possible the motherboard is DOA.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-pc-issue-i-feared-the-cpu.163307/
Relevancy 24.08%

yesterday my display suddenly became 8 tiles with 800 x 480 resolution in each...
i've googled on the web and found that that's nvidia standard problem...
that drives me crazy...it happens wherever my screen is on...even on the bios screen...
how can i solve it ?

my laptops' specs :
model : lenovo 3000 y410
gpu : nvidia grforce 8400m gs
cpu : intel core 2 duo t7250 @ 2.00ghz
monitor : 14.1" wxga vibrant view
ram : 2gb ddr2
vram : 128mb
hdd : 5400rpm 2.5"

A:Unknown display card issue

Have you got the latest driver for your card?

Go directly to the Nvidia site

http://www.nvidia.co.uk/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-uk

Put in your card details and operating system and hit search. Download the driver and save it to your desktop.

Go into Device Manager and locate the card. Right click on the card and select Properties, under the Driver tab select Uninstall and then exit.

Double click on the new driver on your desktop and it will install.

The latest driver is dated January 2011 so hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-display-card-issue.162504/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello all I have a somewhat difficult dilemma I need help on I am troubleshooting a Dell Inspiron that was booting into a password authentication where all passwords were not being recognized But that s not the problem When I attempted to re-format the GB Western Digital internal IDE HDD with the Windows installer disk it didn t show any hard drives to install to When checking the BIOS it showed no hard drives either I then took the hard drive out of the laptop on system Unknown HDD internal file laptop and connected it to my HP desktop computer running same version of Windows btw Unknown file system on internal laptop HDD using a quot to quot IDE adapter and Unknown file system on internal laptop HDD had it on its own IDE channel The drive was not recognized in either Wndows Explorer OR Disk Management It IS Unknown file system on internal laptop HDD showing in Device Manager On the quot Volumes quot tab when I hit quot Populate quot it comes back with quot Unkown file system quot Is there any workaround to reformat this drive or make it usable Or is it just dead Any help is appreciated David nbsp

A:Unknown file system on internal laptop HDD

delete the partition(s), define new one(s) and then format

the command prompt FORMAT /? will explain how

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-file-system-on-internal-laptop-hdd.160587/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello all its my first post on this wonderful forum I have a big problem with my gaming computer When i plug in a flash drive it says quot Unknown Device quot I have tried various methods to solve it including Rebooting my computer Going to device manager and unistalling all of the usb ports and than rebooting twice Opening my computer and seeing if it was wired correctly it was Trying multiple ports And everything didn unknown? everything! I've tried USB t work My house is now under renovation and my computer has moved away USB unknown? I've tried everything! from the modem I purchased a wifi router and a wireless network card When i plug in the network card or any usb device except for a mouse and a keyboard it will say quot unknown device quot Thus making it impossible to use the Internet on my computer I am desperate for help as the computer is useless to me without the USB unknown? I've tried everything! Internet Now for the question How do i solve this Thank you for your help Dan nbsp

A:USB unknown? I've tried everything!

Those USB unknown messages can be frustrating to solve (as you've already found out!) a few more things you might try/consider

Reinstall the chipset drivers as well See How to Reinstall Your USB Controllers and Motherboard Chipset Drivers

Also, fyi, different USB devices can have different power requirements. USB Keyboard and mice are "low powered" devices (they only require up to 100mA from the USB port). So also wonder if you have a power issue on your USB ports. Your other devices may be "high powered" devices (requiring between 100 to 500mA from the port).

Have you tried any of you problem devices on other computers to see if they work? You might also go to a local brick and mortar store (so can easily return it if not help) and buy a USB hub that comes with its own AC adapter (not one that draws power from computer port) and then plug your device into the self powered hub

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-unknown-ive-tried-everything.158083/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have pc intel 3.20 ibm 8113d5u model but in the place of sound driver there is writen a unknown device would you like to tell me how can i fix that problm and how i instal my sound driver.can you help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device.157921/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have someone who is experiencing random connection problems on the clients such as slow or no connections to mapped network shares. Event id 10009 keeps being recorded in the domain controller logs.

DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer MARK-PC.pmc.local using any of the configured protocols.

It has a range of different computer names within the same events. As far as DCOM is configured it's only setup to use TCP-IP.

Server - Windows Server 2008 Standard FE
System type: 64-bit Operating System

Clients:
24 XP Pro
2 Vista Pro
2 Vista Home (should they be using home in an environment like this?)

I have attached the last 256 logs from Application & System as of yesterday evening at around 5pm'ish. I've checked again this morning and looks like the same error has already been re-occurring.

Can anyone give me any suggestion as to where to go with this?

Thanks.

A:Event ID: 10009 DCOM was unable to communicate with the computer <computer name>

Extra Info

Sorry I forgot to also mention that the server is acting as a DHCP server and that there router has had DHCP disabled. Client PC'S are set to local static IP'S and are not actually set to obtain if this has any variance.

Thanks, David

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-10009-dcom-was-unable-to-communicate-with-the-computer-computer-name.147932/
Relevancy 19.78%

Hello all,
I'm suffering froma troubling problem with a Windows 7 system.
This system has a boot HDD (C and data storage RAID5 array (D. The system locked up hard requiring a power down to get Windows operational gain.

The sytem is fine now, except the ~3 TB RAID5 array is not seen by W7. The W7 disk managment snap-in reports that the 2793.97 GB "drive" exists, but the status is "Unknown" and "not initialized". Needless to say, the drve was online and contained LOTS of data before the crash. Due to it's size, the drive was GPT.

I ran a synchronize on the RAID 5 array and that finished w/o error, so I assume the actuall array is fine.

Any recommendations for what utllity/diagnostic/etc. to try next?

Further info: The RAID 5 is a creation of the AMD SB750 "southbridge", which uses tech licensed by Promise Technology.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/good-raid-array-unknown-not-initialized-after-windows-7-crash.152474/
Relevancy 24.08%

Alright a few months ago I had bought Left 4 Dead for the PC and the installing went alright. Steam runs fine but as soon as I went to play it, it says that my video card is unknown. I have no clue what to do... Do I need a new video card?

My Driver Details:
OS Version: Windows Vista
Description: SiS Mirage 3 Graphics
Version: 7.14.10.5052

I have no clue what to do and I tried to search up anything similar but there's no luck. I need instructions what to do because I'm so confused.

[Note: The opening scene works fine but once I get to the main menu it lags only a little but the other menus somewhat lag and the loading of the game and playing lags way too much then sometimes it just crashes and my desktop pops up again.]

If I need a new video card, how much [appox.] would it be?

A:Unknown video card problems

Yeah that's an older graphics adapter, so all bets are off with driver support and newer games...

If you know what motherboard you are using, we will be able to point you in the right direction with buying a new graphics card, price is going to vary.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-video-card-problems.152224/
Relevancy 20.64%

Does anybody know what this device does. It's located under SCSI and RAID Controller, it's called AWFOEXCS IDE Controller. I have no idea what the hell is that.

A:Unknown device shown in device manager

I've seen those on the Media Center edition of Windows

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-shown-in-device-manager.151946/
Relevancy 81.27%

I d posted in another part of techspot about a problem that it finally turned out was a slowly very slowly dying hard disk that I d had as my D drive for data and documents etc on an XP SP system gig memory Pentium GHz Not wanting to again be so vulnerable to losing my data I thought I d try a RAID configuration I went cheap yes in event viewer errors on copies RAID large and often a mistake I know with an Addonics ADSA PCI controller card that supported software RAID Once I got past the bad documentation - the installation guide started with the driver installation then the next step said quot do this part first if you re configuring RAID RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer quot and described a procedure where several things were to be installed BEFORE the card was - things never really got going smoothly I got RAID running and thought that for sake of ease I d just copy my data roughly gigs from the single drive that had it to the new RAID setup The old drive I had relettered to Q and the new array was D this was done before I configured RAID and formatted the new drives So I went to Q and selected all highlighting all top-level files and folders and their subcontents copied then went to D and pasted Every time I tried this within - minutes I d have a BSOD either a kernel stack or a kernel data inpage error The time it seemed to work best I d moved about gigs in some files So is that a problem with the RAID or with Windows and its copy function Obviously I don t typically copy that much data using copy and paste but I ve done it before without problems Ultimately I used an image of my data and restored that image onto D and all worked well And the computer has been stable now for almost hours since all this happened There ve been two exceptions One was that twice on restart XP has launched chkdsk on C my boot drive not the RAIDed data drive The first time this happened I d had to do a force restart after a lockup on a mass copy attempt so I could have accepted this becuase of the abnormal ending The second time though was after a smooth Windows restart that I did when installing some Windows updates a NET service pack that had been pushed to me after I had to install NET as part of the required RAID utility package that came with the controller card Since I m almost never asked to run chkdsk and when I am I usually understand why this bothers me The other is that I have gotten several event viewer errors related to the new RAID array A few were at a time when I had restarted Windows smooth and normal Windows restart and it went to the login screen fine and stayed that way overnight Others have occurred invisible to me when I m on the PC Here s the most recent one Event Type Error Event Source SiSRaid Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer XP Description The device Device Scsi SiSRaid did not respond within the timeout period For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data f h c a Is this stuff normal Should I be worried Pre-RAID I d go weeks usually but often months with no errors ever in my event viewer nbsp

A:RAID errors on large copies and in event viewer

So I went to Q:\ and selected all (highlighting all top-level files and folders, and their subcontents), copied, then went to D:\ and pasted.Click to expand...

Ouch! The technique of copy/paste is more likely to cause issues than anything else, especially on large size transfers.

Empty the Raid target
Select the top-level-folders
drag-n-drop onto the Raid Drive letter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-errors-on-large-copies-and-in-event-viewer.151764/
Relevancy 24.08%

i have problems with sm bus controller... all other drivers i got and that one not :S
i got : AMD Turion 64 mobile techinology . ml-30 processor
Ati mobility radeon x700 graphics card .
computer name: Acer TravelMate 4402 Lmi .
Can someone help me?
i have searched alot on google etc but finded nothing.

A:SM Bus controller, unknown device

The SM Bus is not very important as you make work normally even if it is not installed. For you to find it simply go to acerpanam.com where you will get all driver for you acer. Simply select the appropriate for your laptop and windows and you will get all driver for your laptop.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sm-bus-controller-unknown-device.149277/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have an hp mini 1000 netbook with the admin passwords in the bios and win xp. It was my cousins who is no longer with us, so my aunt gave it to me. Noone knows the passwords. How can I bypass them or override them? I can get in as a guest but it is too limited. What are my best options?

A:HP Mini admin password unknown

You need to talk to HP, after changing the registered ownership, and may need a document about the fate of the previous owner. You may have to send it to a certified HP service center with a formal notice of change of ownership included.
As for TechSpot, there is a policy to not provide assistance with passwords.
What you want to do is usually very difficult in the best of circumstances.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-mini-admin-password-unknown.148971/
Relevancy 24.08%

So i got my new Samsung hardrive today 500gb and ive been running 2 hardrives, 1 sata 80 gigabyte and a 160 IDE hardrive. So i plug in my new hardrive and get ready to move everything, but it wont get past the GIGABYTE screen logo and sometimes it will after 3-5 min of waiting and idk why. ? I need help on how to get this to stop, ive taken apart the entire computer, twice, and i ve tried everything.

A:BIOS freezing or unknown issue

So one old IDE, one small SATA, and one new SATA ?
Have you been able to format the Samsung hard drive?
Have you tried removing the two drives, and installing the Samsung, then formatting and installaing that Samsung using a version of Windows or other operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-freezing-or-unknown-issue.148576/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi there So I had a desktop with a single HDD running windows XP the desktop overheated and automatically shutoff The next time I powered on the PC nothing happened - no BIOS no beeps nothing The PC was HDD - initialized unknown, not pretty old so I HDD - unknown, not initialized just figured it had run it s course and I was thinking about getting a laptop anyway So I got a new Windows laptop and after a few days of setting it up I yanked out the hdd from the old XP desktop HDD - unknown, not initialized and plugged it into the laptop s USB port via some SATA to USB cables Win recognized new hardware and and seemed to install the drive correctly as quot USB Storage quot but nothing ever appeared in the Windows Explorer I opened up the device manager and under Disk Drives I saw a USB Drive item The properties on that item seemed to indicate all the drivers and such were properly installed and the device was working properly Under the Disk Management section the disk showed up - but it said it was unknown and not initialized so no partitions showed up it also prompted me to initialize it which I DID NOT do At this point I ve tried several recovery programs but the biggest issue is that none of the programs actually see the drive so I can t run the recovery at all I even tried Hiren s Boot CD but again nothing sees the drive - although I think that I didn t properly install the USB drivers so I may try that again In any case I was hoping somebody might have some new suggestions for me on how to get any of the programs to see the drive so I can at least try to recover some stuff off of it Lastly in a moment of insanity I tried to initialize the drive using Disk Management fortunately or unfortunately it failed saying something like function could not complete btw i ve plugged this drive into another Win machine as well as a different WinXP machine only to get the same results as above Any help would be GREATLY appreciated - thanks in advance adrian nbsp

A:HDD - unknown, not initialized

Does this drive spin up at all? Listen carefully for any "clunk" noises. It may well have died.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hdd-unknown-not-initialized.148222/
Relevancy 24.08%

This is something I struggle with every time I do a reformat on a strange machine If I m not able to write down the what hardware is in the machine I have a hell of a time determining which drivers I need Of course for some you can unknown after reformat? Determining hardware do a physical inspection and the product name is printed Determining unknown hardware after reformat? right on the side but with my killers are integrated video cards and network controls For example I just had to do a reformat of our Dell Vostro at work I wasn t able to write down what the network controller was or the graphics card are before hand Luckily there was only a few options for the network control listed on the dell site and I was able to get the right one on the first try But there are different cards and drivers listed on the dell site for the graphics cards gt lt So does anyone have a reliable way of determining which graphics card is running with integrated graphics cards Not just for this case but in general Thanks nbsp

A:Determining unknown hardware after reformat?

A method I used to use a long time ago was to open Device Manager and select the device

then go into Properties of that device and Details and select Hardware IDs

and then google pertinent parts of the IDs
In this case I'd google VEN_1002&DEV_9442 - but sometimes you have to search for different portions of the strings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/determining-unknown-hardware-after-reformat.146154/
Relevancy 24.51%

I recently attempted to upgrade my CPU from the e to the e by all accounts the motherboard and BIOS ver Help problem unknown with both supported the upgrade So I preceded to buy it At the store where I bought it they also install components so I let them being im inexperienced with switching out CPU s and heatsinks Once finished it had a slew of problems Help with unknown problem and I have little idea Help with unknown problem to what the problem is so I am seeing if anyone here in techspot might be able to help First of all since I was installing a new heatsink fan aswell the entire comp had to be disassembled in order to attach the bottom piece to the bottom of the motherboard the first problem was that It would boot with nothing on the screen the technician fixed this by unplugging then re-inserting the graphics card then it would show the boot screen he checked the BIOS for the CPU and it showed that everything was working the BIOS read the e FSB But once it tried to go into windows it got the following error Sys DRIVERS PCI exe is missing or corrupt I was told to use the recovery console with my windows disk so I went home to do so also my windows XP pro is a torrent im not sure if it makes a difference but it was fine for the past years anyways once I finished the repair I got the following errors C DSPdsblr exe is missing fake setup call himself instead original quot setup exe quot - Setup Abort So I tried a fresh install of windows everything seemed to install properly until I tried rebooting When I did all it would do is get to the loading windows loading screen and continuesly reboot endlessly until turned off manually So I tried repairing the fresh install this gave the same Errors as before C DSPdsblr exe is missing fake setup call himself instead original quot setup exe quot - Setup Abort So I tried removing the Graphics and booted without it when I did all the text on-screen turned blue when I entered the BIOS all the screen was almost blue except some text in the BIOS then it went back to the very first problem of no image on-screen at all does anyone have any idea to what the problem is maybe my mobo doesnt support it in which case would an upgrade help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-unknown-problem.140731/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi everybody.

I just bought myself a Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 yesterday. After installing the card and the required drivers everything works like a charm. However, every time I start up my PC I get a message saying that a new device has been found on my system. On checking Device Manager I found an "Unknown device" entry under "Other devices".

I'm attaching a screenshot of Device Manager.

Are there any drivers I'm missing? It only happened after removing my old card (after uninstalling all its drivers) and installing the Radeon.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

A:Unknown Device In Device Manager After Installing Radeon HD 4890

I have a Powercolor Radeon HD 4890 (I also have a Gigabyte 4890 and XFX 4890 in two other PCs). I think you need to install the latest ATI Catalyst Suite. You may have installed the driver only package. Anyway, I think it has to do with the HDMI capabilities of the card. High def sound is built into the card (the HD part of the card name) and the HD sound driver is part of the Catalyst Suite. When you use an HDMI cable to an appropriate display, HD sound is also transmitted through the same cable from the Radeon graphics card.

Of course, be sure to install .NET Framework 2.0 as it is required before you can install the full Catalyst Suite. The HD sound driver won't install without it. At least I had trouble before I installed .NET 3.5. I went to Windows Update and installed .NET Framework 3.5. 2.0 is included in that update and 2.0 wasn't available separately.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device-in-device-manager-after-installing-radeon-hd-4890.140044/
Relevancy 20.64%

hi, heres my problem:

* USB 2.0 doesnt work when plug in to USB port. XP gives message Unknown USB device. USB has malfunctioned..

* from device manager here is my USB devices.

SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS 7001 PCI to USB Open Host Controller
SiS PCI to USB Enhanced Host Controller
USB 2.0 Root Hub
USB Root Hub
USB Root Hub

I have SP2 installed, did reformat my hard drive and install fresh windows XP. all the drivers are up to date and even the BIOS.

What is causing this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated...

PS. When i disable USB 2.0 Root hub and SiS PCI to USB Enhance Host Controller. The storage drives work in USB 1.1. My external usb drive is a HITACHI 10 G hard drive.

A:USB 2.0 storage device malfunctioned in Windows XP. Unknown Device!?!

recently I had a friend who expierienced the same problem with a Nforce chipset after a fresh install of XP with SP2. even though SP1 and SP2 insclude the drivers for USB2.0 his usb 2.0 devices werent working. he ahd to go to the Motherboard makers site and download the USB 2.0 drivers and then it worked.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-2-0-storage-device-malfunctioned-in-windows-xp-unknown-device.23630/
Relevancy 24.08%

ok so on thursday night i turned my pc off as it was pretty hot and i wasnt going to be home and everything was running perfectly i got home and turned it on and my screen stays in standby like mode and my Problem Unknown, Completely Baffled pc doesnt load up i tried unplugging all my hdds and just startin up with my system hdd left in but i had the same result i tried taking everything out and just leaving my system hdd dvd drive Problem Unknown, Completely Baffled and gfx card but it still had the same result i also checked all my connections and Problem Unknown, Completely Baffled looked over my mobo carefully and everything seems to be fine so far as i can tell no one else was home for the time i was gone and we had no thunderstorms the night i was gone if anyone has any inkling as to what it could be i would be so grateful as i only just got my pc running again after a very Problem Unknown, Completely Baffled long battle almost months of up and downtime due to Win Vitro Cheers EDIT i forgot to add that my main hdd does spin up and the hdd led on my case stays on like its loading for a long time then goes to a very dull light and thats all it does nbsp

A:Problem Unknown, Completely Baffled

Well, it seems strange and weird, but try to check your display unit very well or u try another display. Well, all i can recommend now is a general procedural troubleshooting.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-unknown-completely-baffled.138018/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello I recently started to have some problems with my system It loses video signal in Windows x genuine Windows XP SP and even in BIOS happened once Anyway after I reset the system it works fine for some time After the video signal is lost I can see activity on hdd led and network adapter It even finished writing a DVD in this quot no video signal quot state I want to quote that this happens kinda random in D games on desktop while in idle state I realized that sound gets stuck too My system is based on an Intel DX BT mobo GB DDR MHz nVidia Geforce GTX a hardware Unknown problem q Intel CPU and W Corsair power supply I keep all components at stock speeds no OC After restart Unknown hardware problem Win gives me this analysis message Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA E BCP FFFFF B BCP FFFFFFFFC B BCP A OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users marcelcore AppData Local Temp Unknown hardware problem WER- - sysdata xml If anyone can tell me what this error means maybe it will help me choose the right component so I can send it back for warranty if it s a hardware issue I also attached a zip with a dump file generated after reboot Thanks in Unknown hardware problem advance nbsp

A:Unknown hardware problem

Are you running a dual boot XP, Windows 7 computer now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-hardware-problem.137048/
Relevancy 23.65%

Well I recently built a computer, and while most of it works fine, the networking is really starting to chap my hide. nothing is showing in the network window, when I hover over the little taskbar icon (that currently has a red x on it) it says "connection status: unknown access is denied." I've tried updating and installing the driver twice now, but to no avail. Any help?

A:Connection status: unknown, access is denied problem?

This is Vista. Have you updated to Service Pack 2? What kind of Internet connection are you using? Cable, DSL?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connection-status-unknown-access-is-denied-problem.134788/
Relevancy 81.27%

I m looking for some help please My computer was giving New of event HDD/XP lots gets stuck errors booting, viewer me lots of BSOD slowed stuck bootups and errors originated New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors from Device Harddisk D in my event viewer My hard drive failed generic long tests and had bad clusters so I got a new hard drive installed it New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors with XP and it was fine for a week Then my computer would boot New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors to a blank screen and wouldn t boot in safe mode So I yesterday reinstalled XP again and now it s staying on the XP loading screen but never actually loading Safe boot got stuck as soon as I went into event viewer I managed to get it to start up normally just now and I am seeing these errors in event viewer -Error event ID The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D -Warning event ID An error was detected on device Device Harddisk D during a paging operation -Error event ID The DHCP Client service depends on the NetBios over Tcpip service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning That same error repeats only instead of DHiverCP NetBios it s DNS Client TCP IP Protocol Driver and IPSEC -Error event The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load Aavmker AFD AmdK AsIO asuskbnt aswSP aswTdi Fips IPSec MRxSmb NetBIOS NetBT ohci RasAcd Rdbss Tcpip Does this appear to be a hardware issue or is there a problem with the copy of Windows I obtained I m so frustrated I almost want to buy a premade from Dell and forget about it My current system specs Asus M N-SLI Deluxe mobo AMD Athlon X GB Corsair -Pin DDR SDRAM Please help nbsp

A:New HDD/XP gets stuck booting, lots of event viewer errors

It appears that you have a nice system, if you can get it back to normal.
We have to suspect other hardware, since two hard drives have similar symptoms... but you may have copied evil stuff from the one drive to the other. How did you transfer files? Or an infestation.
What did you use to scan your system for virus and spyware infestations?
Have you carefully checked your cables... or even tried replacing them temporarily?
Examine all sockets for dirt and debris, and clean your system thoroughly but carefully.
You may need to rule out some things that do not seem part of the problem... as it may be a long and slow process to figger out where the problem is... I would start, if the drive will work well enough, by running MemTest86 for four hours or seven passes, which ever is longer... or removing half the memory to test the other half, then switching.
We always suspect the cables first. They can fail and look good.
Any defective hardware part can cause problems elsewhere if the conditions are right... so I would begin by making a check list, then trading out everything on the list... video card, modem even if not used, ethernet connection or software, .
I would also try another drive and cable... any other drive, even using the first drive, fully reformatted and reinstalled with Windows and basic software....
Windows will not normally cause these of problem, but if you have scratches or smudges that would make it difficult to read, then you could theoretically introduce errors... unlikely though that is.
You could have an optical drive error that is not seeing the software properly.
But it is also possible that your Asus board, good as it is, has a defect.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-hdd-xp-gets-stuck-booting-lots-of-event-viewer-errors.131519/
Relevancy 24.08%

hai pals
my usb drive is not working.
I have both os ubuntu and windowsxp.
my pendrive is not working in windows.
It's been recognised as unknown device
in windows xp.but it works finely in ubuntu (linux)
can any tell me a way so that I can fix my problem
please
thanks.
I have transcend 4gb pendrive

A:USB shows as unknown device in xp but not in linux

In XP autoplay for CD drives may affect USB device detection... See if autoplay is turned off or on. Toggle it, and see if the USB device is detected

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-shows-as-unknown-device-in-xp-but-not-in-linux.131560/
Relevancy 24.08%

A passing friend had some pictures on a USB stick that device unknown failing and launching keeps USB she couldn t open Tried with my computer amp worked fine Printed her pictures then waved goodbye as she sailed off with her stick towards turkey Unfortunately my computer has not forgotten her stick as quickly as I have Every time I boot It keeps popping up a USB connection dialog for an quot Unknown USB unknown device keeps launching and failing Device quot and then immediately killing it It does this several hundred times for an hour or so and then seems to give up I USB unknown device keeps launching and failing see the quot Unknown Device quot pop up and go away USB unknown device keeps launching and failing continuously in device manager but it gives me no options to remove it The physical device is no longer there of course and I have no way of getting it Some record of it must exist somewhere in windows but I don t know how to find it and remove it Sadly I have no idea what it is called Has anyone any suggestions for how I can hunt it down My machine is a Compaq w running Windows XP SP According to device manager it has both USB and USB nbsp

A:USB unknown device keeps launching and failing

See How to use the DriveCleanupTool first to try cleanup your computer.

Note that windows keeps info about USB devices until they are uninstalled (not simply when they are removed). The tool will cleanup Windows data for all USB storage devices not connected at the time you run the command

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-unknown-device-keeps-launching-and-failing.130627/
Relevancy 24.51%

This morning i started up my computer, to see nothing on my screen. None of the startup sounds came until an hour later, but it was my programs starting up, not the windows sounds. It is not my moniter, I tried my playstaion 3 on it. I also ran my ps3 audio thru my computer and that also worked. My hard drive is spinning, I can tell from the vibrations. I am writing this from my phone, please help.

A:Unknown trouble, please help

Video graphics card or video graphics driver has gone bad.

A hard drive can keep on spinning long after it goes bad.

How do you know that your programs started up, if you cannot see them, nor hear them?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-trouble-please-help.129920/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello I unleash update to BIOS Unknown full power required its detected, CPU did not have this problem until I updated my BiOS some time ago Now I have updated my BiOS again and again but the message won t disappear Here s a CPU identification repotr Intel Pentium said Intel R Processor Identification Utility Version Time Stamp Number of processors in system Current processor Active cores per processor Disabled cores per processor Processor Name Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Type Family F Model Stepping Revision Maximum CPUID Level L Trace Cache K ops L Data Cache KB L Cache MB Packaging LGA Platform Compatibility Guide A Enhanced Intel SpeedStep R Technology Yes MMX TM Yes Intel R SSE Yes Intel R SSE Yes Intel R SSE Yes Intel R SSE No Enhanced Halt State No Execute Disable Bit Yes Intel R Hyper-Threading Technology Yes Intel R Architecture Yes Intel R Virtualization Technology No Expected Processor Frequency GHz Unknown CPU detected, BIOS update required to unleash its full power Reported Processor Frequency GHz Expected System Bus Frequency MHz Reported System Bus Frequency MHz Click to expand Let me know if you need to know what else hardware I have nbsp

A:Unknown CPU detected, BIOS update required to unleash its full power

I found this on the ASUS site
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx..._id=1&model=P5B+Deluxe&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
or you might try clearing CMOS first, doubt it could hurt and it's easy.
But I also saw that, if you received a support disk with your machine, there should be a BIOS recovery/update program there.
I hope one of these will work for you. Good luck and thanks for posting your system specs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-cpu-detected-bios-update-required-to-unleash-its-full-power.128928/
Relevancy 35.69%

Please help me folks, I'm on borrowed time today.

I had to reformat my computer thanks to a handful of Trojans and of course, I am missing the Ethernet driver to connect. In the past, I had a friend set me up, but he never told me how to do it and he's gone in basic training so I can't ask for his help today.

I have a custom-built Compaq HP
I will have Windows XP HOME installed when I get the cash.

What I need is help figuring out where to look to find the model number to install the correct driver. I have tried the HP website and it does not work; My driver is built into the motherboard.

I currently have Windows XP Professional for English Students, it's my father's OS

A:Unknown Ethernet Driver - Compaq HP (model unknown) Windows XP

"I have a custom-built Compaq HP"...

Custom built by HP or a friend? See if you can tell us the model of the motherboard. Give us any name or numbers you find

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-ethernet-driver-compaq-hp-model-unknown-windows-xp.129286/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Dell B About or months ago the battery light started flashing amber and the battery was fully charged I unplugged the power supply from the computer then plugged it back in and it stopped flashing for awhile It doesn t do it all the time and it doesn t do it when the battery is out of the computer I ve tried everything I replaced the battery and the a c power adapter both with new OEM equipment Needless to say this didn t fix the problem So then the next thing was replacing the power jack This didn t B130 with Problem Dell Unknown Cause fix it either I was then told it was the mainboard causing the problem so then I had the mainboard tested and it tested fine We went as far as downgrading the bios to Dell B130 Problem with Unknown Cause the original version and wiping out the bios master password Didn t fix it either Dell Dell B130 Problem with Unknown Cause was no help and said they had never heard of any of their systems having this problem Does anyone out their have the solution to this problem I would really appreciate it nbsp

A:Dell B130 Problem with Unknown Cause

I have about a 5 year old Dell and it's battery light is flashing amber too. When I contacted Dell support they told me to buy a new battery, but being afraid that this may not be the only thing wrong and this is such an old computer I haven't bothered with it. From the sounds of it I'm glad I didn't waste my money. If it's still under warranty I'd keep making them repair it until they give up and give you a replacement.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-b130-problem-with-unknown-cause.124830/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey everyone,

my friend just gave me an unkown webcam that he couldn't find drivers for. There is no casing on it, just the chip. It is an octagon shape, and there is a K37-62254-M2A V1.1 number on it. I've been looking for a while now and can't find anything, anyone have any ideas? :blush:

thanks

A:Help with driver for unknown webcam

Let`s just get this clear: No casing,no name no drivers - Time for new webcam methinks.Mine cost $18.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-driver-for-unknown-webcam.43620/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a Compaq presario SR here the video signal just cut out while running windows Xp media centre It is very possible that the computer has downloaded destructive software but I am unsure as the root to the problem It was using it s on board signal, problem unknown No vga vga I put an Nvidia gs into it although still no signal is reaching the monitor I think it is one of two problems either the onboard vga isn t working and bios are hardset to onboard vga and No vga signal, unknown problem the computer isn t trying to run the graphics card I did remove the cmos battery to try and reset it hoping it would change to automatic rather than being hardset to the onboard Orelse it is a problem with the motherboard which I can immagine can bring a lot of new troubles I do not know very much about computers I apologise if the information I m giving here is useless but it is No vga signal, unknown problem what I have made of the problem thus far I have tried using tested and working monitors cables and the graphics card i put in definately works So please No vga signal, unknown problem any help will be appreciated and lets hope I don t have to replace the mobo Cheers guys Chris nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-vga-signal-unknown-problem.120504/
Relevancy 19.78%

Can anyone help? When my computer came out of standby today both USB ports on my laptop did not recognise the external USB hub connected to it. Window XP keeps giving a "Device Unknown" error message. I've tried everything that the Windows trouble shooter has to offer but still the Hub does not work. (This includes a system restore to a point before the USB error.).

What is strange is that individual devices ie mouse, webcam and flash drive work fine on the ports - Just Hubs are not recognised. I've tried the Hub on my other computer and it work fine so the hub is ok.

The following were connected to the hub when I put the computer into standby.

Infra Red transmitter
Logitec Webcam
Flash Drive
Mouse

Please, Please can someone help !!!

A:USB 2.0 Hub "Device Unknown"

Your hub loses its power during stand-by. When the PC wakes up again, that (permanently connected) device does not draw enough power again to also 'wake up'.
The connections going through that hub are fine. If you want to prevent this in future, you need a USB-hub with its own powersupply, not one that gets power from the PC-port.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-2-0-hub-device-unknown.24458/
Relevancy 24.08%

My computer has restarted on its own a couple times before and in a different thread with the help of kimsland I discovered it had something to do with the Network. I thought I had the problem fixed but just a couple minutes ago it restarted again. When I checked the error report, it gave these two files;

C:\DOCUME~1\Zainab\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6c9f.dir00\Mini111708-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Zainab\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER6c9f.dir00\sysdata.xmlClick to expand...

My computer is on a shared network. My LAN driver is up to date and I made sure the main server, which is my dads computer, is running fine with no viruses or anything like that.

So what could be causing my computer to restart?

A:Unknown Network Problem

Could be a memory or power supply problem...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-network-problem.115914/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have a decent dell pc and i want to upgrade soon. to do so i need to know wheather my case is atx and if my motherboard is atx.
not sure on pc model but motherboard is nec computers international model: GA-8i915MPD.
plz help me

A:Unknown identification

edit: Kimsland obviously has the answer below - mine is GONE!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-identification.114890/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi folks it s that time again and apparently I ve broken something else If someone could spare the time to give me some help with this I d really appreciate it I loss Video / Unknown power? issue ve noticed two problems both of which involve the PC quot turning off quot but actually it s more like video cuts out screen loses signal followed by audio Caps lock and Num lock still work plus the fans and lights stay on On the other hand sometimes everything just switches off The first time I had this happening was in Company of Heroes CoH running the game at max resolution x and max settings I managed to fix this in a crude and temporary way by installing RivaTuner and defining a profile that makes sure the GPU fan speeds up when hot The current problem is easily caused by running a slightly older probably less demanding game - Tomb Raider Legend TRL Since not many people might know the ins and outs of that game here I ll try and be vague but I also posted about it here if you Video loss / power? Unknown issue want specifics The game crashes at specific points loading the next level reloading the level if you ve died and also resuming the game between missions This is true when certain combinations of Shader Model graphics reflections Anti-Aliasing and possibly VSync However when using a resolution other than x tried x - same aspect ratio as monitor and x - the default the first level cannot even be loaded and the PC turns off if I try This isn t true for running the game on default settings x SM AA reflections Vsync all off The difference between the games is that I m guessing the first was Video loss / power? Unknown issue due to it overheating and the second is some sort of driver problem I only mentioned CoH because the symptoms were the same System Spec is modestly CPU E GHz Video Asus GTX GB DDR Memory GB x GB OCZ DDR running at OS Windows Vista Home Premium x Motherboard Asus P N-T Deluxe nForce i chipset HDD WD Velociraptor rpm SATA for all installations including Windows ndary HDD GB IDE PSU W Corsair seen here I very recently built it myself and am naturally a bit upset that it has problems already I m worried that the problem might have something to do with the news about NVidia chips being bad What I ve tried Updated Video Drivers from recent to latest Updated nForce Drivers from recent to latest x - is this right for a i Clean reinstalled TRL Updated DirectX Defined Virtual Memory primary or both HDDs Set Memory Voltage Speed and Timings to specified values in BIOS V Enabled Speedfan to monitor temperature in background saw nothing significant at point of crash Not sure about In C NVidia there is quot nForce quot as well as well as quot nForceWinVista quot and it contains a folder called quot quot which might be a wrong driver I installed and think I removed Thoughts Anyways as said I would really appreciate any help from anyone who might know what s going wrong Chris nbsp

A:Video loss / power? Unknown issue

what kind of psu do you have?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-loss-power-unknown-issue.114000/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi

Just did a fresh install of windows XP Pro. upon reboot. SM Bus Controller in device manager is not recognized. I have found out that this is due to the chip set drivers not being installed.

I have found out my mother board and chipset details using Everest (Cool Application).

Motherboard Name: Asus A7N8X-LA
North Bridge: nVIDIA nForce2 IGP (Crush18)

how the hell do I go about getting the correct drivers? I've looked on nvidia webset but theres no references to nForce2 IGP

Please help.

A:SM Bus Controller - Unknown Device

The question is what graphics chip nVidia is using. Could you please copy everything Everest reported about North Bridge: nVIDIA nForce2 IGP (Crush18)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sm-bus-controller-unknown-device.110536/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi . Sorry , I don't have much to go on .

h**p://i38.tinypic.com/a5i3ww.jpg - Sorry , don't have much else to say at the moment , so I can't post 5 more posts before this .

My friend doesn't know what his webcam model is , I was wondering if any of you can figure it out just by looking at that . He said there's nothing written on it , no model , nothing .
He can't find the drivers either . I just need the make/model , I can find the drivers .

A:Unknown webcam

looks like a beaten up dalek....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-webcam.110265/
Relevancy 24.08%

We just got a Toshiba Protege R500-S5006X at work. There were no system disks in the box, and I've already blown-away the entire hard-drive to install one of our images on it. I've done a fresh install of Windows XP Professional with SP3 and have downloaded and installed every driver I can find on the Toshiba website (audio, bluetooth, lan, storage matrix, video, wifi, modem, chipset and the touchpad). Yet after all that, I *still* have two "Unknown Devices" in the Device Manager, and I'm damned if I can figure out what they are supposed to be.

Thanks in advance.

A:Unknown Devices in a Toshiba Protege

All devices in the comp are identified in the registry:

I'll be back with the location.

HK Local Machine, System, Current Control Set, Enum , PCI.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-devices-in-a-toshiba-protege.109017/
Relevancy 24.51%

I was at a clients house trying to install an LG GSA-H55N and xp said that it had unknown drivers. So I called LG and Tech said that it was a xp error and to look for 31 or 39 code. However there was not error code. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how to do this. I do know there is firmware out there but wondering why it is not plug and play.

Thank
Adam

A:DVD-ROM unknown drivers

Xp
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm

Vista:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461/en-us

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-rom-unknown-drivers.109881/
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi All;

From time to time on my XP Home SP2 machine I get a "TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts." warning.

I've read the MS Help and Support info, do not have a virus or malware as was suggested in the article and I tried the cmd line: netstat -no proceedure to no avail.

It's not the end of the world and my dsl has no other issues.

I can live with it, but wonder you know of a work-around.

Certainly appreciate any help.

A:Tcpip Warning in Event Viewer/System

Concurrent Session usually are found in your browser or a Torrent client application.
Limits on them are imposed to ensure your system does not drown and lockup due
to excessive connections from ONE application.

Reaching the limit is non-fatal; ie the programs should continue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tcpip-warning-in-event-viewer-system.106349/
Relevancy 24.08%

So a few months back I decided to plug in one of those X-Plorer Guitars for the xbox into my computer cause it said it was compatible with windows It worked just fine until I unplugged it From then on whenever I plugged something into that same usb port it would show up as quot Unknown Device quot on Windows i m using XP btw and any device that I plugged in wouldn t work Another problem that came along with this was that two of my USB ports suddenly started functioning at speeds I read another thread on this forum about the same problem and I ve tried most of the methods unplugging computer for minutes re-install 2.0 & speed Slower Unknown Device USB Windows restacking the USB 2.0 Unknown Device & Slower speed USB drivers updated BIOS etc but they don t work I even reformatted and it didn t help It s really frustrating me and it d be nice if USB 2.0 Unknown Device & Slower speed I could get some help thanks edit Here s all my IRQ thingies sorry I m not too good with tech lingo gt gt IRQ High precision event timer OK IRQ Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard OK IRQ Communications Port COM OK IRQ Communications Port COM OK IRQ NVIDIA nForce PCI System Management OK IRQ Standard floppy disk controller OK IRQ High precision event timer OK IRQ Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System OK IRQ Numeric data processor OK IRQ Primary IDE Channel OK USB 2.0 Unknown Device & Slower speed IRQ NVIDIA GeForce GTS OK IRQ Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE Host Controller OK IRQ Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller OK IRQ NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator OK IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller OK IRQ NVIDIA MCP Serial ATA Controller OK IRQ Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio OK IRQ NVIDIA MCP Serial ATA Controller OK aaaaand it listed some conflicts I O Port x A - x AFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x A - x AFFF NVIDIA GeForce GTS I O Port x - x CF PCI bus I O Port x - x CF Direct memory access controller I O Port x C - x DF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x C - x DF NVIDIA GeForce GTS IRQ Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller IRQ NVIDIA MCP Serial ATA Controller IRQ Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio IRQ NVIDIA MCP Serial ATA Controller Memory Address xE - xEFFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xE - xEFFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce GTS Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI bus Memory Address xA - xBFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xA - xBFFFF NVIDIA GeForce GTS I O Port x B - x BB PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge I O Port x B - x BB NVIDIA GeForce GTS Memory Address xF - xFBFFFFFF PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge Memory Address xF - xFBFFFFFF NVIDIA GeForce GTS nbsp

A:USB 2.0 Unknown Device & Slower speed

Buy a powered external USB 2 adapter and see if this solves your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-2-0-unknown-device-slower-speed.105453/
Relevancy 23.65%

Okay so i read the thread posted a couple of years ago which is very similar she posted that she bought the sims 2 and in order for it to work you need to have DirectX 9.0c but after downloading it, it still didnt work and after reading posts I figured out that i need a graphics adapter or driver or something but when i do the dxdiag it says that my video card stuff is n/a or blank? I'm frustrated I have the sims2 and I cannot play it which is a waste of a lot of money. someone please help.

A:Directx 9.0c graphic adapters for unknown parts

Chances are your PC or laptop simply does not meet the minimum requirements of the game, apparently the graphics adapter. If possible, you will have to install one that does or get a better PC.

Keep in mind that before buying any game you should read the minimum specs listed on the game box or game website and make sure your PC meets them. If your PC meets the recommended specifications, that would be even better.

I'm guessing you have integrated graphics which is not meeting game requirements. To confirm, try downloading a stand alone program called SIW and run it. It does not have to be installed. Just double click on the siw.exe file and look in the left column for "Video," click on it and see what it will list.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/directx-9-0c-graphic-adapters-for-unknown-parts.104481/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi there before i start i would just like to say that im new here and unsolvable Incessant crashes unknown not good with coimputers so please could you explain technical terms and such to me thanks Firstly ive had this computer built for me six years ago it worked fine up until a year ago when a strange and random problem came about it has proven to be unsolvable the problem involves the computer stopping with five minutes of a game playing totally freezing and having to restart as a result it happens with EVERY game such as CNC medieval CNC generals everything its not a virus and the drivers are up to date i was wondering if it was a hardware issue or soem obscure software issue my specs are Also crashes are very Incessant unknown unsolvable crashes frequent often being a Page Fault in non paged area and general computer freezes happen in sudden Incessant unknown unsolvable crashes spurts whats wrong with it any help would be really good ps sorry for the loong post WINODWS vista Pro installing this got rid of the problem for a few days but it came back soon Incessant unknown unsolvable crashes after AMD ATHLON GHZ MEMORY OF RAM DUAL STICK BIT OPERATING SYSTEM NVIDIA GS MB ALL LATEST DRIVERS nbsp

A:Incessant unknown unsolvable crashes

suspect memory error or HD failure

use memtest86 to test the memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/incessant-unknown-unsolvable-crashes.104842/
Relevancy 53.32%

My problem started when I upgraded my computer to an Intel C2D, 2GB Corsair DDR2 Memory, Windows XP Pro, two Liteon LH-20A1S SATA DVDRW's, EVGA nForce680i video and Viewsonic flat screen all running on a EVGA NF680i S775 Mother Board.

Sometimes the machine freezes, sometimes not. The error message is: Source: atapi, Type Error Event ID 9, Description: "The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort7, did not respond within the timeout period". (At times I get Event 15 error)

I suspect it has something to do with the two Liteon DVDRW's I have.

Would anyone know if this is a known problem? I have the latest video drivers.

Thanks,

Alex

A:Atapi Error Event ID 9 freezes computer

do you have a good driver? Did you update the drivers recently? If so roll back to the previous working driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/atapi-error-event-id-9-freezes-computer.89407/
Relevancy 53.32%

My desktop is a Dell Dimension c and lately I couldn t start Dimesion 4600c Event Thermal Dell it The orange light on the power button is blinking and nothing happens when I press it And at times when it would power on I get a previous shutdown due to thermal event message until recently it wouldn t start anymore Most of the times it wouldn t start is probably because of the air conditioner The air blows directly to Dell Dimesion 4600c Thermal Event the computer and it gets real cold So last time when it won t start I had to use a hairdryer to heat it up or put it out in the sun But that doesn t seem to work anymore So my question is is something wrong with the fan or the power supply P s I don t know if this is the place to post this I really don t take care of my computer so let s forget about that Your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated my location is Malaysia and the average room temperature is degrees celcius nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-dimesion-4600c-thermal-event.98806/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi , i am running a windows server 2k3 with sp2 and server is getting rebooted with event id 1001 :The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x1000008e (0x80000003, 0xe0872e04, 0xf187f9c4, 0x00000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini020808-03.dmp.

and also i am getting event id 1003 : Error code 1000008e, parameter1 80000003, parameter2 e0872e04, parameter3 f1aff9c4, parameter4 00000000.

in the logs may this also be related to same issue.
Could anyone help me figuring out the cause of this. whether it is due to any driver or hardware failure. I am also attaching a dump files along with the thread.
Pls help me with the resolution asap. thanks

A:Event ID 1001: server rebooting from bugcheck

Pls reply asap i need help urgently thanks

I need to get it resolve very soon . pls help me

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-id-1001-server-rebooting-from-bugcheck.98680/
Relevancy 21.07%

ntune, 3dmark every thing says "CPU:AMD processor model unknown"
Why does this happen, how do I fix it?(processor under specs)
Any help would be great.

A:Ntune, 3dmark every thing says "CPU:AMD processor model unknown"

you will need to post more info.

also try CPU-Z

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ntune-3dmark-every-thing-says-cpu-amd-processor-model-unknown.97655/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a Dell notebook with what I believe is a USB port on it I recently bought a Microsoft wireless notebook optical mouse There is no installation CD with it you are just supposed to plug it in and it should work Well when I do that I get an error comes up saying USB device not recognized When I look at the properties it says quot no drivers are installed for this device quot and I have the device usage as enabled I ve tried updating the driver and it says I have the most recent updates installed It comes up as an unknown + device device USB recognized not unknown device as well Other things like my printer work in this USB port so I don USB device not recognized + unknown device t think the port itself is defective I also plugged the mouse into another computer and it works with no problems I am running on XP with SP installed The product specs say it should work on USB or so I don t think that is the problem either Any ideas I ve gone through all of the troubleshooting with no luck nbsp

A:USB device not recognized + unknown device

try downloading the latest intellipoint drivers from MS and installing them.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/Download.mspx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-device-not-recognized-unknown-device.37477/
Relevancy 24.51%

In my device manager I have an "Unknown Device" and I have no idea what it could be. The only hardware slotted into the motherboard are the sound and graphics cards, which are both installed properly with their drivers, and they both work properly too without errors.

I think it might somehow be related to my failing USB (all USB slots on my motherboard are dead, even new ones that I put in, USB controler chip is dead or something).

Does anyone have any ideas what it could be? Thanks.

A:Unknown Device

You could take alook at the details of the device and look up the PCI or USB IDs.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-device.94270/
Relevancy 24.51%

hello,

My friend has a problem with his pc, it is a 1 year old meadion. The problem is when his pc is booted up, the case light comes on then there is a beep and all of a sudden the pc switches itself off. I have not acctualy had time to check out the problem, but he said last week the pc had a similar type of problem. The pc is generally left on all day and the hard drive was making noticably loud creaking noises which it did not do when it was new. My guess is that it could be either the motherboard, cpu or even hard drive.

any suggestions anyone?

A:Unknown PC problem!

when any part of the system is making strange noises, then it's probably having a serious malfunction. i'd examine the hard drive. shake it. if you hear noises, that means the disk in it went kaboom. if you don't hear anything, i'd suggest taking the hard drive out and plugging it into a working computer to see if that is causing the problem.

also, i would suggest searching the forums for a guide to system beeps. i know it's on here somewhere, and i'd link you if i knew where. but obviously, i don't remember. but it's worth reading. it will tell you what kind of beep, and how many beeps mean what. that may assist in further diagnosis.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-pc-problem.94237/
Relevancy 18.06%

Hi I m trying to reinstall my sister s scanner driver because XP has decided that it s not there any more This happens occasionally and usually reinstalling the driver fixes it I think that s what I did last time but this time i just can t get it to work If i unplug the USB cable then plug it in again it comes up with a message saying that the device has malfunctioned and it doesn t recognize it I have the driver CD but windows always manages to install it as quot Unknown device quot before i can tell it to search the CD I ve tried telling it to reinstall the driver from - Stubborn Device" and "Unknown "Malfunctioned Scanner Device" Driver the CD but it says that there are quot no better matches for this device quot I ve also tried uninstalling the program form the Stubborn Scanner Driver - "Malfunctioned Device" and "Unknown Device" CD and reinstalling it then restarting the pc but that didn t help either I tried plugging it into another USB port as suggested by Windows Help Center but that still didn t work It s not often that something like this gets me in a circle and scratching my head but I m really starting to run out of ideas Any help would be very appreciated i just want to get this thing running again nbsp

A:Stubborn Scanner Driver - "Malfunctioned Device" and "Unknown Device"

Could it be that the scanner really did die?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/stubborn-scanner-driver-malfunctioned-device-and-unknown-device.93409/
Relevancy 24.08%

Whenever I am palying the sims2 or any other demanding game requiring high-end graphics. After a couple of hours of play - of even minutes the system just resets itself and continues through post as it would after turning it on. Also when this happens the CPU ehatsink is very loud and is obviously trying to coll the cpu form a very high temp???
Thermal seal is fine and My ATI RAedon X600 (?) has a heatsink , but no fan.

Thanks!

A:Pc keeps restarting for unknown reason!

Sounds like a heat issue. Get speedfan from the downloads section and/or google and get everest home edtition and use either or both to monitor your temperatures.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-keeps-restarting-for-unknown-reason.93108/
Relevancy 24.51%

for a while now my - problems cause Unknown help! Many - Please girlfriend s computer has been playing up It would randomly put itself into quot sleep mode quot screen would go black and the words quot entering sleep mode quot would appear Many problems - Unknown cause - Please help! on the screen the Many problems - Unknown cause - Please help! computer didnt switch itself off or anything Many problems - Unknown cause - Please help! but the only way to get out of it was to reset or switch off the computer via the buttons on the front Also there was a problem with the graphics suddenly going all funny it would come up with an error message regarding the graphics and it would show as if it had the most basic graphics card ever - low resolution etc Over the past week or two the internet has suddenly decided it isn t going to work except on safe mode we have scanned for spyware viruses and such using the appropriate programs and I have upgraded the RAM and there is no longer the issue with the graphics but still the sleep mode problem and itnernet problem The firewalls on the computer are all set up to allow internet access sometimes the internet will connect but only for one page and I plugged in my computer to the same point and the internet didnt work at first but did after restarting the router literally nothing was done to the computer to make it not work so suddenly except updating firefox I dont even think that this is the issue as the internet doesn t even work on internet explorer We sent a ping to google co uk and the information was being sent but nothing being received Please help if you have any ideas Thanks Graham nbsp

A:Many problems - Unknown cause - Please help!

Graham,
I'm sorry that I don't have a solution to your problem, but am intrigued by your expression "acting the goat." Have never heard that before and wonder what its origin could be. I could understand its being used to describe the male role in a relationship, but not in the context here. Is it commonly used in the UK?
Best wishes for the resolution of your computer headaches.
Bill

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/many-problems-unknown-cause-please-help.91649/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi can anyone of you help....

Recently when i start my computer it will automatically reboot and under computer management i see the error....

It will usually reboot twice and perform well after tt..it's very irritating

Error code 1000000a, parameter1 7c6b142c, parameter2 0000001c, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 80544bea.

A:Error, Event ID: 1003, Category: (102)

Computer hardware specs please!
How can we help you if we don't know what you have? Think about it!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-event-id-1003-category-102.92296/
Relevancy 22.79%

The attempt to burn a disc failed.. An unknown error occured. (4450)

A:The attempt to burn a disc failed.. An unknown error occured. (4450)

would you be trying to burn the cd w/ itunes? if so this may be of some use http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/30043#473164

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-attempt-to-burn-a-disc-failed-an-unknown-error-occured-4450.41356/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi

I am using M2N-MS asus board with Athlong 64 bit, and Gforce 256 MB graphic card. When it is booting it says

Processor(s) installed in your system are of unknown revision contact bios vendor

and to continue I have to press F1

Please use proper thread titles from now on.

A:Processor(s) installed in your system are of unknown revision contact bios vendor

Are you sure that's the model number of the board?? Can't find it anywhere, including the ASUS website. Is this a store bought computer or did you build it yourself?? How long have you had it and how long has it been doing this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/processor-s-installed-in-your-system-are-of-unknown-revision-contact-bios-vendor.88919/
Relevancy 23.65%

I had to reinstall XP. After reinstalling the ethernet controller driver is missing and i dont know the ethernet card manufacturers name or the name of the card so i cant find any drivers for it.

I don't really know anything about PCI cards or motherboards.

Any help would be much appreciated.

A:Driver needed: Unknown ethernet controller Windows XP

Tell us the following please:
1: Is it a separate card or built into the motherboard
2: If a card, look at the chip (small square back think) and tell us the name on the chip and the numbers with it - could be Realtek 8029 for example. You may need to take it out of the case to see the detail.
3: If a motherboard, tell us who made it and the model number. You can find this by looking at it - you may need a torch.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/driver-needed-unknown-ethernet-controller-windows-xp.88421/
Relevancy 53.32%

My thoughts regarding Barcelona AMD Launch Event TechSpot news: the recent AMD Barcelona launch Feel free to flame me if you wish just as long as you do it nicely As Intel seems to get all of the good press regarding both desktop and server CPUs these days AMD threw an official Barcelona shindig last night in San Francisco Calif The event which took place at two buildings in the San Francisco Presidio District focused on Barcelona AMD s first quad-core server processor Although I was unable to attend the event due to prior personal TechSpot news: AMD Barcelona Launch Event engagements several friends and colleagues who made it to the Letterman Digital Arts Center told me that it was an absolute blast Along with it being a rather interesting event the official unveiling of Barcelona most likely helped give AMD a nice morale boost the company desperately needs Even though early benchmarks indicate the numbers are a bit unimpressive a GHz version is definitely in the works Numerous hardware vendor executives were present to discuss the great things AMD is doing while carefully avoiding any direct pokes at Intel Sun Microsystems showed a U -core AMD Barcelona server - the company last week unveiled a -core Intel Tigerton version Pricing of the products Ars Technica has the scoop During an event at the Westin S F hotel earlier in the day AMD officials were on-hand to discuss some of the company s plans for the future AMD CEO Hector Ruiz unexpectedly stopped by to visit with everyone in the room - much to the delight of the handful of selected bloggers present He took the time to answer a couple of questions from the bloggers journalist present though it appeared everyone in the room was hesitant to ask him the hard questions Speaking about AMD marketing or lack there of Ruiz admitted that AMD has a bit of work to do in that department - especially compared to Intel No one thinking logically expects AMD to suddenly take back major ground on Intel but the unveiling of Barcelona is a step in the right direction Considering I own both AMD and Intel processors I just want the companies to compete fairly with one another Here are some assorted links for your enjoyment Quad-core is here and now Barcelona vs Intel Clovertown and Tigerton AnandTech hardware preview TG Daily linkage The potential of Barcelona Thoughts Cheers Michael Hatamoto nbsp

A:TechSpot news: AMD Barcelona Launch Event

Here are a couple more links:

Making progress
Nothing like something from The Inq!
Not a savior?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/techspot-news-amd-barcelona-launch-event.86716/
Relevancy 53.32%

I installed the XVid Play Won't Wav and Event System Sounds Files player for Windows XP Home the other day and it hung during installation so I had to restart my computer All of a sudden I don t have any more system sounds and I can t play wav or midi files I tried doing a system restore but of System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play course none of my restore points allow me to roll my computer back to that date Then I tried troubleshooting it through Windows Support no go I removed and reinstalled my sound card and drivers Creative Labs Sound Blaster Live and installed all the codecs I could find still System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play no dice Here s the kicker I can play MP s through WinAmp and video with sound through Windows Media Player but I can t play wav files or midi files Whenever I go into Sounds and Audio Devices and highlight an event sound the play button remains dimmed If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this issue short of formatting my HD and reinstalling Windows I would be very appreciative Losing patience quickly -Eric nbsp

A:System Event Sounds and Wav Files Won't Play

In the sounds and audio control panel is your sound card registered as the preferred device for playback ? What is listed in the MIDI box ?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-event-sounds-and-wav-files-wont-play.42351/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello!

Today I looked through the Event Manager Utility of Windows XP and I've seen this error there, about 15 times.

The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, has a bad block.

Event 7.

Does this mean that I have a bad on my HDD or could it be some error, like windows can't read a corrupted file?
Thank you!

A:The device, \Device\Harddisk2\D, has a bad block. - Event 7 in Event Manger.

Backing it up and reformatting it may help. Before that, error check it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/the-device-device-harddisk2-d-has-a-bad-block-event-7-in-event-manger.86166/
Relevancy 54.61%

Ever since I installed a Linksys BEFSX41 router/firewall unit, I've notice an error in the System Event Viewer with this information:

The IP address lease 192.168.2.100 for the Network Card with network address 00184DE9390C has been denied by the DHCP server 192.168.2.1 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

What needs to be done to get rid of this error? Thanks

A:Error in System Event

Did you assign the address using Static IP for 192.168.2.200?

What range did you set in the router for IP address? Make sure your using

DHCP
All NIC is set to auto for speed
All NIC is set to auto to obtain the IP (DHCP) from the Router.

Now in the ROUTER are you using any sort of IP filtering:

by IP address
or by MAC address?
Are there any restrictions for this PC in the router?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-in-system-event.83659/
Relevancy 24.08%

I was recently given a usb webcam. The former owner has no idea what brand it is and I cant find any marking of any type on the casing.
It is silver and kinda shaped like an upside down speach bubble. It has a red led in the front and a chrome color button on the back.

Does anyone have an idea of what brand this is or where to get drivers?

A:Need driver for an unknown webcam

Hey! Go to a camera shop that deals in those.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-driver-for-an-unknown-webcam.82333/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am trying to fix my friends demision 8200. He recently got more RAM for his computer and after he installed it, the computer would not boot. No screen, just error beeps. Even when replacing the memory with original memory, still nothing. I have looked up the beep-code, but Dell has no records of this. This is what im getting:

5 beeps -pause- 2 beeps -pause- 2 beeps -pause- 1 beep
Error lights on back are AB yellow CD Green
Im kinda at a loss right now. Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Unknown Bios error message

Good chance he 'fragged' his bios with bad ram - shut down, pull the power plug, press the power 'ON' button, make SURE you are grounded, open case, remove bios battery for 10 minutes.

Re-install the battery, close case, re-insert power plug, re-start.

Hope for the best.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-bios-error-message.74352/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello, i am running a Gateway comp. intel graphics media accelerator x3000, and whenever i open steam , and try to play any CS game it says unknown videocard. I would like to know if there is anything i can do. THank YOu

A:Unknown Videocard helphelp

You need to install a PCI/AGP video card. Your "unknown" video card is known as on-board video, and this is too weak to play most video games.

Here's an example of what you need:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127181

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-videocard-helphelp.73360/
Relevancy 23.65%

My friend has a problem and neither of us can figure it out When a driver for a graphics card that had previously been used on the same computer was installed the computer froze mid-installation and the screen turned black After a little bit my friend took out the PCI video card and booted the computer using the integrated Intel graphics that came with the computer The computer started up everything worked like it should have So we though for sure it was a problem with this video card We went and got a brand new card and when the computer started up with the new card there was nothing but black The same thing happens in all of the PCI slots as far as I m aware of Does anyone know what s going on Is there a problem with the power supply Feel free to ask questions I know I didn t put much information up but I didn t know what would be needed nbsp

A:Unknown problem (possibly video card)

What video cards have you tried, and what power supply do you have? could be a PSU (power supply unit) problem. Is it PCI or PCI express? cuz if it's actually PCI express, it could have been that you forgot to plug in the extra power thingy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-problem-possibly-video-card.68588/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello, recently my brother passed away and I aquired all his computer stuff. I have several motherboards, but I can not seem to find any drivers disc for them. Is there a web site that I can go onto the will detect the make and model for me so I can then download the them. Or is there something on the motherboard itself the might help? Thanks

Kory

A:unknown motherboard

Some motherboard brands like ASUS have their model no.s engraved/printed on the board itself.

If they are working and you can load an OS on it, then you can use hardware readers like Everest Home or SIW etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-motherboard.67187/
Relevancy 24.08%

I posted earlier saying that i was fixing my parents computer and when i booted it up nothing would come on the screen...well it turns out it was the power supply. But now i got a new problem, when i boot up their computer it says Bad Checksum ***Unknown Processor***. So yay! i have the worst luck in the world. Im guessing all i have to do is update the BIOS, only problem is i dont have a floppy drive to download onto and put in their computer dont suppose a flash drive would work would it?

A:Bad Checksum - Unknown Processor...

No a flash drive won't be bootable and you have to be able to boot up the system. It is possible to make a bootable CD and put the bios update file and the bios update program on this CD, and then boot your system from this CD

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-checksum-unknown-processor.67022/
Relevancy 82.99%

i was wondering if someone could help me figure out this error i must have at least on a new install of XP home Event Type Error Event Source DCOM Event Category None Event ID Date Time PM User NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE Computer STEVE Description The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID BC CF - - F -B B- AA CF EBB to the user NT AUTHORITY LOCAL SERVICE SID S- - - This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Click to expand the link takes me to this page Details Product Windows Operating System Event ID Source DCOM Version Symbolic Name EVENT viewer event error DCOM COM ACCESS DENIED IN SERVER ACTIVATION OR LAUNCH PERMISSION Message The permission settings do not grant permission for the COM Server application with CLSID to the user SID This security permission can event viewer error DCOM be modified using the Component Services administrative tool machine-default application-specific local remote launch activation Explanation A program the Clsid displayed in the message tried to start the DCOM server by using the DCOM infrastructure Based on the security ID SID this user does not have the necessary permissions to start the DCOM server User Action Verify that the user has the appropriate permissions to start the DCOM server To assign permissions Using Regedit navigate to the following registry value HKCR Clsid clsid value localserver The clsid value is the information displayed in the message In the right pane double-click Default The Edit String dialog box is displayed Leave this dialog box open Click Start and then click Control Panel Double-click Administrative Tools and then double-click Component Services In the event viewer error DCOM Component Services event viewer error DCOM snap-in expand Computers expand My Computer and double-click DCOM Config In the right pane locate the program by using its friendly name Right-click the program name and then select Properties On the Security tab in the Launch and Activation Permissions group box select Customize and then click Edit Add the user to the permissions list and give the user the appropriate permissions Click to expand I have tried searching the registry for quot HKCR Clsid clsid value localserver quot but i can not find anything I am lost with this and not sure what to do now nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/event-viewer-error-dcom.66552/
Relevancy 24.08%

Strangely, This has been occurring.
When I'm playing light amount of gaming from Ragnarok Online, sometimes my PC instantly turns off without going through the Shut Down process.
Then it starts up back again normally.

I'm baffled by this.
My current CPU and Motherboard temps. are below 50 C so I'm not sure what's the problem here.

Anyone can give me some insight?

A:Unknown Forced Restarts

Have you checked for viruses and spyware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-forced-restarts.65966/
Relevancy 53.75%

Been having a few problems for a while with my setup.
The raid controller reports new event and when you look at this event it says something like BETI error or processing resets found. I have changed controller card twice, a new pair of disks Maxtor diamond 10 250 GB and the controller is a SI 3132. This pc has always crashed and fallen about when least expecting. Any body experienced BETI and what does it mean?

A:Raid controller event message

The error is shown in the event log which is accessable from the SATARAID5 array manager. Many types of errors appear but i have attached the the first event log tonight.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/raid-controller-event-message.61499/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a Dell Diminsion 4300. When I bring up the bios screen, only Primary Drive 0 (PD-0) has information. Primary Drive 1 and the two Secondary drives have 'unknown'. Presently they are set to off. In actuality, there are three IDE drives, PD-1 40 GB, SD-1 40 GB and PD-0 120 GB.

How do I get the bios to see the information for the two 'unknown' drives. Usually this isn't a problem for me when I run Windows XP but apparently grub (Linux) requires this information if I don't want to do the grub-install on PD-0.

Thanks in advance,

Larry

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-unknown-in-bios-screen.56954/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am having some unknown graphical issues, i was playing a game that i tend to play (Guild Wars) when all of a sudden the graphics on my screen became oddly coloured.
I have attached a screenshot of my desktop to show you exactly what i am experiencing.
My only thought is that it is a graphics card problem, i am not too clued up though so i may be wrong + i have never had any issues with my graphics card.
Any help on the situation would be much appreciated.

A:Unknown Graphical Issues

That is what it "appears" to be, but you may want to try reinstalling drivers. If you don't already have the latest drivers, download them. Also try lowering the desktop resolution and refresh rate.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unknown-graphical-issues.56252/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have tried everything under the sun to fix this problem have read all forums for similar posts but still cannot fix The following is details about my PC from Everest Field Value Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Computer Name ROBERTSON Study User Name Nicole Robertson Motherboard CPU Type Intel Celeron D MHz x Motherboard - unknown Audio No Multimedia Controller Sound Name Unknown Motherboard Chipset SiS FX GX System Memory MB PC DDR SDRAM BIOS Type AMI Communication Port Communications Port COM Communication Port ECP Printer Port LPT Display Video Adapter SiS No Sound - unknown Multimedia Audio Controller FX MB D Accelerator SiS Mirage Integrated Monitor LG L S quot LCD Multimedia Audio Adapter SiS Audio Device Storage IDE Controller SiS IDE No Sound - unknown Multimedia Audio Controller UDMA Controller SCSI RAID Controller SiS RAID Controller Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive Disk Drive ST A GB RPM Ultra-ATA Optical Drive CD-ROM Drive SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse Microsoft PS Mouse Network Network Adapter SiS -Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter Modem Rockwell External Modem PnP Peripherals Printer Impact ColorFax Printer Lexmark X Printer Xerox DocuPrint P USB Controller SiS PCI-USB Open Host Controller USB Controller SiS PCI-USB Open Host Controller USB Controller SiS PCI-USB Open Host Controller USB Controller SiS USB Enhanced Host Controller I have tried to install SiS driver downloaded from ASUS to no avail Please Help nbsp

A:No Sound - unknown Multimedia Audio Controller

Hi NIK welcome to techspot

A few questions, has the sound worked previous, is this a reinstall on a known working board, is it an install on a new board.??

If its a reinstall, then its possible that windows may be slightly corrupt and if you can back up anything needed and reinstall again, but first download a Hard drive checking program from the manufacturers website and ensure the drive is clean and healthy.

If its a new board then the sound chip may be faulty, if its under guarantee take it back to the supplier, they may have a help department that can test the board with a good working version of XP/2K and decide if its faulty or not, some make a charge for this service which is refunded if the board tests faulty,

Regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-unknown-multimedia-audio-controller.56172/
Relevancy 24.08%

ok my usb hubs seem to work fine for my printer webcam ect but everytime i connect my mp3 player it says device not regonised and the mp3 player freezes. cant anybody help??

A:USB hub problem saying device is unknown

Yeah I agree with Rick, there are alot of devices that dont like being connected thru a hub.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-hub-problem-saying-device-is-unknown.54950/