Windows Support Forum

my hp mother board lights up the green light on the board bu...

Q: my hp mother board lights up the green light on the board bu...

my hp mother board lights up the green light on the board but it doesnot power on
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: my hp mother board lights up the green light on the board bu...

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 33.97%

My laptop wont power on at all.
No charge light.
No light when power is pressed.

Was working fine yesterday.
Have tried battery and charger from identical working laptop to no avail.

Any ideas? I can usually fix laptops etc but if it wont power on at all I'm lost.

A:Dell Latitude E6520 won't power up (no lights at all)

Did you try removing the battery and AC adapter and holding down the power button for 30 seconds. Then re-installing the battery and try booting again?
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi techspotters it has come time to modify my old rig I m planning to upgrade the cpu without changing my motherboard but there is a slight risk involved that the purchase I am going to make is with CPU board AM3+ AM3 faul So back to basics My current MB M A TD PRO AM3 board with AM3+ CPU USB - link Current CPU Phenom t oc running ghz Current RAM EVOleggera x running underclocked mhz the one to upgrade to AMD FX -- So this is a basic operation a cpu swap but few questions popped up on the research phase M A TD is a AM board which apparently after some searching supports some of the FX series cpus that are AM I have also found the corresponding BIOS that I need to flash myself to to make it work properly and be recognized by the MB link Q amp A FX is known to support mhz RAM speeds my existing RAM runs max at without overclock and is placed x which occupies all slots and might confuse the FX which supports dualchannel as usual Meaning I will need to leave my RAM running at mhz how big will the reduce be in the performance of the CPU- mhz vs When setting up the proceccor I will need to disable the Turbocore to make it stable on the older AM board which only supports cpu speeds up to ghz and the fx on turbo bumps to ghz After disabling turbo all cores are set to run at which by research is the most stable option on my existing MB Will FX bottleneck gtx or gtx and how bad it is going to be Upgrading hardware is always nice but am I making bold move by upgrading a year old cpu to almost as old one And if someone with more knowledge can state me that there is no performance gain to be maid I just might stick with my old as long as its still breathing and calculating Thanks in advance for replys And no changing an motherboard is not an option So fond of my old rig best regards m nbsp
Relevancy 58.48%

Evening, all

I bought an interesting little Single Board Computer as an mITX motherboard (a WADE-8020, more info at the link below):

I have another similar board in an old Hoojum Cubit 3 case, and was wondering if anyone might have any other suggestions for a similarly eye-catching case, probably ready-made, though I'm not averse to either buying a DIYed case, or maybe trying to make one myself (I have a Dremel but not much else, and that includes skill )

Cheers, Jon.
Relevancy 30.53%

Look no further than a solid state drive for breakneck speed. If a large-capacity drive for storage is what you're after, however, traditional spinning hard drives are still the best bet in terms of price per GB. And if you...

Read more

A:Western Digital 'Green' hard drives now available in capacities up to 6TB

On a more interesting note, Seagate is already shipping 8TB HDD-s to its select customers, with 10TB ones to follow.

Besides, nothing beats the current 6TB Enterprise offer from Seagate anyway, in terms of price+performance+capacity. Let Western Digital lag behind as it does
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, everyone - I have a dell e4300 - actually I have three. On one, when it is plugged in to charge, the blue light that indicates that it is plugged in and charging, which normally would be blue continuously, is blinking, or oscillatiing, off and on.

I bent the pin on the inside of the cord slightly in order to maybe get a better contact, and bent the barrel slightly for same reason - the blinking is the same.

So, it does not quite seem like this is a weak, variable connection. Also, I get the same thing with another charger cable. Does this mean something?

A:Dell e4300 blue light charge indicator blinking

Well ,the more I look at this, the less regular it seems, but it does come on momentarily every several seconds. It sure is not charged up, despite being plugged in for over 24 hours.
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all,

On my studio pc, I've installed a new rack mounted firewire audio interface in the studio. On the other drives (windows 8.1) the interface has installed perfectly but on the xp drive, although the drivers etc have been installed, once set, it works perfectly with the new outboard soundcard.

However, whenever I reboot to the xp drive, xp always reverts back to the on-board realtek sound card. I set the default to the new interface (a Presonus Firestudio Project) but every reboot it defaults to the realtek.

The motherboard is a P5N-E SLI if that helps.

How can I stop this happening so the new interface is the default?

Thanks in advance,

Relevancy 30.96%

Hi all. I've got this issue with my graphic card (fresh and crispy by the way - 1 month old). Few days ago I was just browsing web when suddenly blue screen came out of nowhere on my Windows 8.1 desktop PC. Ever since then when computer boots screen is filled mozaic-like with green squares, after few seconds it's changing to vertical lines. Obviously Windows window manager won't open at all, and it greets me with black screen. After I deactivated graphic card, and switched cable to main boards VGA port computer runs ok.

I've seen some similar threads on techspot suggesting that due to escessive dust 'consuption' GPU can overheat and irreverisbly burn therefore. Is it possible that the same thing occured here?

A:Green squares on computer boot, Nvidia GTS 250

It's what I've seen on the screen when one of my graphics cards has died. As it's almost new changing it shouldn't be a problem. It's more likely to be a faulty graphics card than dust. Double check that it's seating properly in its port and that the video cable is OK.
Relevancy 28.81%

I am looking to get a laptop for school (Microsoft office, emails, etc...) but also to have some gaming capabilities, most importantly to run Dota 2 1080p @60 FPS (the only game I really care about on this laptop).

The budget is about 700?-900?, but it is quite variable, as I can go higher if it is really worth it.

Thanks in advance,

EDIT: is what you can search with, but you can just tell me which product and I will search it.

A:Need a laptop for school with some light gaming capabilities

1080p? On your laptop screen, or on an external screen? And wow 60fps is gonna be pushing it.
Relevancy 31.39%

Connected to a PC monitor is Clear but onscreen has a blue haze even on the welcome screen. What can cause this problem? Thank you

A:Blue Green covers everything

Have you tried another monitor? This symptom is usually caused by a bad connection or a bad monitor
Relevancy 57.19%

So heres the story The computer has been working fine for several years Last night I decide to D850MV/D850EMV2 long Three desktop board beeps on Intel plug in my tv to the desktop via dvi It Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 works fine and I dont have any problems I get home today and try and turn the computer Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 on and I dont get any video signal to either the tv or the normal monitor Also long beeps accompany start up it sounds as though things boot but I dont get video or sound but it sounds like the hard drives click now and then like normal and the fans all run fine Ive swapped the first ram stick with one other and havent tried the rest yet and I have not changed the video card yet but plan to in the next minutes as of writing this Nothing looks physically damaged and I dont have any extra ram for this computer laying about since its a rambus so all I can do is swap the ram thats in it around and because I cant get video I cant run a test on the ram Suggestions or help would be appreciated Specifically what the long beep codes mean ive Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2 found a couple different versions of the code online and not sure which is correct Also what might have caused the problem plugging the tv in thats the only thing I did different unless someone was messing around with it without my knowledge or could it just be from years of wear or what nbsp

A:Three long beeps on Intel desktop board D850MV/D850EMV2

I think three beeps on Intel is a memory issue. At least that what it was when I had a stick of cheap RAM crap out on me.

I'd run Memtest and go from there

RAM can fail from a number of causes. Heat exposure, flaky transistor junctions, who knows. I seriously doubt plugging the TV in had anything to do with it.
You could go into BIOS to ascertain if the RAM voltage is set correctly. Over-volting is a DIMM killer.

You should be able to get documentation for that board directly off Intel's web site. Intel used to give BIOS beep codes ion the board/chipset manuals.

They also have hardware monitor software as a free download. Look up "Intel Desktop Utilities Lite".
Relevancy 30.1%

Hi I have just finished putting together a new computer first time, everything works fine boots up no problems at all,the only thing I don't understand is there is a red light next to the reset button that is a light that never comes on is it meant to its connected next to the reset and power cable on the motherboard.regards Martin

A:Red light

It might be the hard drive (HDD) led activity light. Most motherboards have HDD led header pins so is there a HDD led cable from the front panel of your case that isn't connected?
Relevancy 34.4%

I bought a gaming PC, and I am wondering if my graphics cards and the computer itself are pulling to many watts, Will the lighting inside the box put a demand on the power supply??? I am debating about taking them out, I don't even have the lights on anyways I find them a waste they came with the computer I bought

A:Will lights draw too much power?

Josh86 said:

I bought a gaming PC, and I am wondering if my graphics cards and the computer itself are pulling to many watts, Will the lighting inside the box put a demand on the power supply??? I am debating about taking them out, I don't even have the lights on anyways I find them a waste they came with the computer I boughtClick to expand...

Josh*^ - the lights could not possibly be pulling more that 10 watts, at an extreme. Probably they are actually pulling a level that you could not notice before-and-after if you used an actual measurement, such as with the Kill-A-Watt.

Same for fans, and most anything else you plug in or on except video cards.

Everyone: you will spend all kinds of money to have powerful components, and a suitable power supply - so go ahead and get an ACTUAL power draw measurement -

The kill-a-watt is simple to use and read, very simple. it costs $20 or $25.

You can use it on anything you plug into a 120 volt outlet. Vacuum cleaner, hair curler, radio, anything. It tells you exactly how much power is being used. Exactly.

For over a decade, these power calculators have been estimating power needs, and they have been over-estimating by 100% the entire time.
Relevancy 34.4%

When I power on my Toshiba equium a200-151, the screen lights up but no display at all - even though there is loading activity. I rigged up to my PC monitor and everything is fine - see bios and windows loading etc. Borrowed a spare compatible working screen but same problem. I'm not 100% sure if its the inverter or the ribbon connector - any ideas before I buy a new inverter? Thanks for looking.

A:Lcd lights at power on but no display

I would say that the video cable (ribbon cable) is bad based on what you have tried so far. This cable goes from the motherboard to the LCD display. Did you use the old inverter off the suspect Toshiba when you tried the compatible spare LCD panel?
Relevancy 93.31%

This is my Entire system spec Im looking to upgrade my processor but I need help Operating System System Model Windows Home Premium x Service Pack build Install Language English United States System Locale English United States Installed AM Boot Mode BIOS Secure Boot not supported eMachines ET G System Serial Number PTNBA Enclosure Type Desktop Processor a Main Circuit Board b gigahertz AMD Athlon II X u kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache -bit ready Multi-core total Not hyper-threaded Board eMachines MCP PM-GM Bus Clock megahertz BIOS AMI P -A Drives Memory Modules c d Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH N SCSI im with AMD is board? to my What Processor mother compatible this And new CdRom Device Optical drive WD Virtual CD USB Device Optical drive Generic- Compact Flash USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- MS MS-Pro HG USB Device Hard drive -- drive What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this Generic- SD MMC USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SD MMC MS What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this MSPRO USB Device Hard drive -- drive Generic- SM xD-Picture USB Device Hard drive -- drive WD My Book USB Device Hard drive GB -- drive s n WMAVY WDC WD AAKX- CA SCSI Disk Device GB -- drive s n WD-WMAYUL SMART Status Healthy Megabytes Usable Installed Memory Slot DIMM has MB serial number DE B Slot DIMM has MB serial number D B Slot DIMM is Empty Slot DIMM is Empty Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free k FAT on drive GB GB free Operating System is installed on c Network Drives None discovered Users mouse over user name for details Printers local user accountslast logon Quentin PM admin UpdatusUser AM local system accounts Administrator AM admin Guest PM HomeGroupUser never Marks a disabled account Marks a locked account HP LaserJet Professional P w on IP Microsoft Shared Fax Driver on SHRFAX Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort Controllers Display ATA Channel Controller ATA Channel Controller NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller x Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this NVIDIA GeForce GTS Display adapter DELL WFP Monitor quot vis s n XX- JU -XXXXX- - S June Bus Adapters Multimedia Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller HP Webcam HD- Mobiola Wave Audio Device WDM Mobiola Web Camera Video Source NVIDIA Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible WDM Realtek High Definition Audio Senstic PocketAudio Senstic PocketCam USB Audio Device Virus Protection Back to Top Group Policies No details available None discovered Communications Other Devices Hamachi Network Interface primary Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address A D Connection Speed Mbps Microsoft to Adapter Microsoft ISATAP Adapter NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet Auto IP Address Gateway Dhcp Server Physical Address FC C AA Connection Speed Mbps Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Networking Dns Servers HID-compliant consumer control device x HID-compliant device x USB Input Device x HP Webcam HD- HID Keyboard Device x HID-compliant mouse Microsoft PS Mouse USB Composite Device x USB Mass Storage Device x USB Root Hub x Generic volume shadow copy WD SES Device E F G H I nbsp

A:What AMD Processor is compatible with my mother board? And im new to this

That is an AM3 socket CPU which means it should be compatible with the Phenom II series CPU's. I looked up the board and it should still support up to a 95 watt CPU so any Phenom II X4 CPU with a 95 watt TDP would work on it.

Like This
Relevancy 28.38%

I have had a look round the posts but nothing I try stops the internal drive getting accessed.
I have unchecked the CD autorun using TweakUI (this worked for someone else)
I have temp disabled AVG along with BoostSpeed and Team Viewer
The only process running apart from sys idle is svchost.exe (1%)

I hope someone out there manages to work their magic as they did the last time I posted here!

A:Hard drive light flashing with nearly no processes running

Sounds like the System Index service is running.

When you find that happening, disconnect from the Internet to be sure MS Update is not running or something on your system is phoning home to be sure.

To see all Internet connections from your PC, grab a copy of CurrPorts - - runas admin and you will see everything. Click on the column heading Remote Host Name to get active connections at the top if the list. The menu Options is used to customize the display; here's my list

display Listen, Established, TCP, UDP, IPv6,

display port in The Address,

sort on refresh,
Ask Before Any Action
That last one is interesting; running as admin, you can Close a port or Kill the application with that port.

CurrPorts identifies all ports on the pc (mine number 112 as I write) and if I select all ports with a Remote Address, I see I have 20 connections.

btw: Remote Addresses shown as are local services (like a proxy or AV service), so out of the 20, only two are actually remote - - both HTTP browser connections.
Relevancy 58.91%

As the topic says, my computer doesn't detect my on-board sound card. It all started when I tried to install new audio drivers from manufacturers page, but the next day when I booted PC up there were no sound. In Device Manager, under Sounds, game,.. controllers tab sit 4-5 High Definition Audio Devices. Here's pic:

Then tried re-installing original audio drivers from motherboard CD, enabling/disabling On-Board HD Audio in BIOS but still no luck.

My Audio Device is VIA VT1705.
DxDiag shows that no sound card was found.

This is what is shown in Playback Devices tab:

But I have no HDMI kind audio devices..

How to make my system recognize my sound card?
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi everyone, I need your help urgently!

I have sony Vaio laptop which has been working well. Recently its charger had a minor explosion and broke (it happened when I plug it in to the outlet as usual). So I replaced it with a new one. However, the light on the new charger was blinking whenever I plug it into the laptop and turned solid again when I unplug it.

Could you please help me fix this? All my assignments and works are in this laptop and I need it very soon.

Thank you

Ps. I have tried removing the battery and it still doesn't work. Also I won't be able to try another charger.

A:Sony Vaio Charger light blinking, won't turn on

I'm sorry to say but sounds to me like something got fried and that it might never start again. Even tho I can't say for sure without seeing the machine. Anyways, I would recommend to wait and see if some one else would have something smart to come up with on what and how to do.
Relevancy 59.77%

After my brother sprayed it with glass laptop key board types wrong letters.lets say I want to write "my laptop key board is messed up" this is what it types: my lap0to9p0 ke3ybo9ar4d i8s me3sse3d u7p0. all the letters in the upper row type the letter and the number above it and vise verse(exept t,y,5,6)
I tried the num lock and sticky keys,checked my language tap still nothing
(I use dell inspirion , windows 7)
Plz help.

A:My laptop key board is messed up

Have you tried a USB keyboard? If not, try it. You might also try the on screen keyboard.
Relevancy 28.38%

My mom gave me a Dell Dimension 4700 computer that was acting up. She said it would turn it's self off randomly and she thought it was a virus. When I brought the computer to my place, it powered on once, then I went to turn it on again and nothing. No lights, no power what so ever. So after doing some research I bought a new power supply for it. I just replaced the power supply and plugged the computer in and now there is a blinking amber light in the front and a solid green light on the motherboard but it won't turn on. I have checked all of the connections and they are properly seated. Any ideas what is causing the problem?
Relevancy 33.54%

I 7850 Radeon lights on HD flickering 3d has games? appearing had tried playing Dota last night with my new rig just to test how much the graphics would differ from my old one Upon launching it I noticed some white horizontal lines appearing in the screen and only in the game Researching the problem people seems to Radeon HD 7850 has flickering lights appearing on 3d games? have been complaining about the AMD series and this particular problem for a while now But in some cases people had already fixed this problem I was wondering if anyone would be familiar with this and could help me with it The rig s GPU is a HIS Radeon HD and the monitor is a quot LG one with only VGA I am using a VGA to DVI converter that was included in Radeon HD 7850 has flickering lights appearing on 3d games? the GPU box the screws are a bit loose on this one so maybe this contributes to the problem I already had downloaded AMD s Catalyst but it didn t solve the problem Currently losing confidence on AMD cards now Probably should ve bought a ti Boost instead I prefer not to give up on the GPU though if possible nbsp

A:Radeon HD 7850 has flickering lights appearing on 3d games?

See if you can tighten the screws at all, but I highly doubt thats the problem, More likely a driver problem. It comes for some and doesnt for others in AMDs case as far as I can tell.
Relevancy 58.91%

I just came from a retail store to check on prices but most of their parts weren't available anymore. Instead of a G. Skill Ripjaws 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1600, the clerk offered me a Crucial Ballistix 2x4 8gb DDR-3 1866 memory. The board I'm gonna buy is an Asrock H77 Pro4/Mvp but looking at their memory support list Pro4/MVP, it doesn't seem compatible.

The clerk had told me it was compatible and that he had tried it before but I'm not sure if it'd have unwanted effects over some period of time. (I got drawn in by how the memory looks and its LED so I'm including it as a choice). Thanks.

A:Is a 1866 memory compatible with an H77 board?

It will be compatible, worst case scenario is just setting your 1866Mhz RAM to run at 1600Mhz. You're getting quicker RAM for free.
Relevancy 33.97%

I decided to build a gaming pc and have set everything up but when it came to turning it on nothing happened besides the led on the graphics card and motherboard lighting up

A:My motherboard and graphics card lights up but nothing else happens

What are your full system specs (CPU, Motherboard, RAM, GPU, PSU, HDD, and OS [32 or 64bit]?
Relevancy 28.81%

I have a Gateway, model ID49C. I bought it new about 3 years ago but replaced its battery less than a year ago.

This phenomenon has been happening for more than a year: When I plug in my computer to charge, sometimes the front power light (orange when charging) and the light for the power button start flashing in unison and the computer stops receiving charge. It immediately stops when I unplug the computer. This only seems to happen when the computer is open -- I can still fully charge it overnight. Lately it's started to happen so often that my computer can barely charge at all from the number of times I have to unplug it.

Does anyone know what's going on, or where I could look to find more info? Thanks for your help!

A:Gateway: Power light flashes when charging

Try another AC adapter...
Relevancy 28.81%

I'm going to start classes soon to become a multimedia student and I need to get a laptop to use in class. Basically I will be doing things with animation and video editing, but I also would like to be able to run some games on it.

I don't need anything crazy powerful, just to get the job done and play some lower end graphic games like dota and some MMORPGs around medium settings.

What do you guys recommend I get, and how much should I spend? Right now I don't really feel like spending more than $500 on the laptop because also need to buy a nice camera as well, but that is a different thing.

Let me know what you guys think.

A:Need new laptop for Multimedia/light gaming

I think your best bet is to wait for the new Intel CPUs in early June. Your budget doesnt allow for much flexibility. I think you should look into this laptop if you cant wait: I will play Dota at really low, but that is all you can get for $500.
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi all, I have monitor gericom 2030 and it has some power board model that I cant find on sell, so I have buy one that is almost same with it. 4 plugs for invetors are same but one connection for t-con board is diffrent and on oroginal board I have pins (5V, 5v, GND, GND, 12v, BL, N/F) and on board that I have buy has ( 12v, 12v, GND, GND, 5v, 5v, GND, N.C, ON, DIM, MS ) So any suggests wich on wich one I should connect?
Relevancy 29.67%

On my USB flashdrives, they have what I'm guessing is a LED that lights up when its plugged in. On my W7 when I click the safe to remove icon the light don't go out like it does on my XP. Is there a NON registry involved way to change it or am I stuck with it? TIA
Size & name brand don't matter.

A:USB flashdrive light on

Does the light stay solid on when it's plugged in? And it flashes when you're copying/reading stuff to it?

If yes, this is a 'power' and 'indicator' light in one. You can't turn the LED off unless you take apart the stick.
Relevancy 58.48%

I got a M5A99x Evo Re2.0, brand new board and the audio from the rear doesnt work at all when I plug the pink and green plugs. I have an HDMI connecting from my TV to my Gcard, I get audio through the TV but cant seem to get those jacks working. Ive used two different headsets to see if it might have been the headset itself. im really stumped.

A:New board, no sound from front or rear jacks

Have you gone into the sound menu in your control panel and set your default audio device to your headset?

If, under the "playback" tab, the HDMI output is ticked, then this is the problem.

Just click on the correct device(It should either list your headphones or say "high definition audio", or something similar) and then click "set default".

This should solve the problem.
Relevancy 31.39%

This is something that's been going on a while at start up,on the home screen there are groups of green pixels popping up here and there on the screen it almost looks like some kind of electrical noise, but if I unplug and go off battery it's still there. Also when scrolling down a web page the sentences run together. Would I be right in saying this is some kind of hardware problem and what could it be?

A:Green pixels on screen

Is this a laptop? Could be a loose or damaged video cable. If you can, hook up and external monitor and see if the pixels return to normal
Relevancy 34.4%

Not sure what they are called but those lights in computers in some kind of tubing, are they called tube lights or cathode lights and can I do that with my computer or do I need a special setup?

A:Tube/cathode lights

I'd go for these BitFenix Alchemy LED strips, they are very bright, flexible, stick anywhere in your PC and consume hardly any power. All you need is a spare molex connector from your power supply.
Relevancy 28.81%

It s been installed on my main desktop since I had it assembled - months ago no probs whatsoever The only quot issue quot is that the refill light remains flickering even though the level is constant and there are next to no air bubbles in the lines Also I ve consistently checked up on the system thoroughly to see if anything leaks and there are none So no leaks and no bubbles yet the refill light still blinks Any ways to turn the light off FYI I ve also topped off the level of coolant once the system had been running for awhile and some initial air bubbles had formed after the first time coolant was put into the system It s a nuisance really but there doesn t appear to be Thermaltake light 760 Bigwater refill any overt threat to the system or anything like that I have to wonder why the sensor keeps blinking if it shouldn t have any reason to Any input on this nbsp

A:Thermaltake Bigwater 760 refill light

Well your not the only one having this problem.
Relevancy 30.53%
tomshardware post I googled said it could, but to be more specific, I would be using a single 7850 at first but xfiring later on when 7850s are cheaper. They would be alongside a FX-8120 (or whatever similarly priced piledriver, when they come out) and a single basic HDD, with maybe an SDD later. Also 3 case fans (pretty insignificant) and the coolermaster hyper 212 plus. I wouldnt be PLANNING on overclocking a significant amount, but if I will be pushing the PSU just running 2GPUs/FX at stock, id probably go for a slightly higher specced one. just wanted some more opinions.

A:Can a Rosewill Green 630w power an HD 7850 in Crossfire?

I'd so stay away from pretty much any Rosewill product, no matter the price.
Relevancy 27.52%

Last week I have purchased a WD TB Green Drive as well as fast speed slow but write Green 2TB WD read has My speed a non-raid capable raid card Rosewill RC- since my older PC WinXP Celeron D GB RAM does not have SATA ports I have installed fresh drivers form Rosewills website even though they are not needed for non-raid configurations The PC recognized the card right away as well as the My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed HDD The write speeds are as expected however the read speeds are between KB and KB I cannot figure out why the read speeds do not exceed MB I have plugged the HDD as an external drive via USB and the read My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed write speeds are as expected Anyone knows why and how to fix it Update I have tried TB WD green drive -year old and it works as expected Update I have just spoken with Rosewill tech and he said that using PCI card and such a large drive it is expected to be slow Personally I believe it is B S You P S for moderators I have similar thread under storage and networking but it no longer applies as such issue Please delete it nbsp

A:My 2TB WD Green has fast write speed but slow read speed

The Rosewill card's transfer rate is "up to 1.5GB/s." The WD hard drive's is 3.0Gb/s. Perhaps if you set the jumper on the 5-6 pins to activate the 1.5GB/s rate per this instruction: Western Digital.
Relevancy 25.37%

Toshiba Satellite A25-S2792 w/ XP & P4 has greenpower chord is lit and yellow battery light is flashing when power chord is plugged in. After I press the power button, the power chord light changes to yellow, begins flashing and the battery light goes out. Removing the battery gives the same results. Pressing and holding power button down for 20 seconds w/ battery out yields same result as well. Suggestions?

A:A25-S2792 doesn't power up yellow light flashes after pressing power button

The motherboard is bad. Have you tried reseating the memory?
Relevancy 29.24%

hi all got advent 7204 I was told it has faulty screen but also its got no harddrive or ram in it I put ram in it but still only the green power light comes on for a second or 2 I head I think its the disc drive like its loading then nothing no fan on nothing. also the battery light flashes orange but could that be coz im not using the right made charger for it at moment as I dont have that. is motherboard dead or what else can I try (thanks)

A:ADVENT7204 power light on but nothing

hi can anyone help pleaseeee
Relevancy 35.26%

My father wants me to find my mother a laptop, he gave me a budget of around $700. In all likelihood she will mostly use it for facebook, facebook games and movies. She will mostly be using the laptop while working in a coffee stand so she can probably plug it in whenever she needs to. She probably wont replace it for some time so something that will hold up well over the years would be nice. She hates change and is used to using windows systems so I'm not sure if she would go for a mac. I really don't know a damn thing about laptops and I have no idea what to look for or where to start so any help would be appreciated.
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello Everyone,

Been a long time browser of TS and am glad to finally join. I am looking to utilize a Q6600 processor and the following system board and RAM:

Corsair XMS3 1333MHz PC3-10666

The goal is to moderately overclock the Q6600 to 3.2 GHz. In my research, I have read many positive reviews about the stability of ASUS boards, and the DDR3 capability is significant to me. However, from what I have gathered, this board can be fussy when overclocking the CPU. Has anyone had any experience with a similar setup?

I would appreciate any thoughts/comments/suggestions.

Thank you!

A:New project: LGA 775 board w/ DDR3 needed -- thoughts please?

Firstly, why do you need to overclock it? I'm guessing its more because you want to, than necessity, but my thoughts are below.

I run the exact same CPU in my system 24/7 and while it might be long in the tooth compared with most systems on here, it's certainly not lacking at stock speeds as it is.

Not sure if system specs is easily read right now, but for the sake of doubt, mine are: Intel Core2Quad Q6600 G0 stepping (at stock OC with Corsair H50 (push/pull) providing cooling), Abit AW9D-MAX, 8GB OCZ Gold series DDR2-1066, HD6870, Antec HCG-620 PSU, a SSD and six mechanical disks.

I wouldn't call 3.2GHz a moderate OC on the Q6600, that's more like 2.8-3.0GHz. I used to have mine overclocked but the difference was so minimal (in real terms) that the additional heat it gave off and power it consumed made it pointless. I was never able to achieve 3.05GHz or above either, but I've no doubt that more experienced hands would have managed it. Overclocking is my weaker subject in the field of IT generally speaking, and I can't say I've ever really pushed the envelope very far in that regard.

Though that said, I've always found Gigabyte boards to be much more forgiving when it comes to RAM settings. Asus in my experience can be a real nightmare with recognising the default timings and voltages for RAM, and in "my experience" need much more work to achieve the same result.

Another point that needs to be considered is LGA-775 is legacy hardware now, so you'd be spending money on defunct hardware. If you have the CPU it might be better to grab a second-hand board off of eBay or something, or maybe look to something newer and more current.
Relevancy 31.39%

I recently repaired my monitor by replacing some capacitors on it. After being successful with that a friend of mine started having a problem with his monitor, so I said I'd give it a look. Its not the same problem, hes seeing green discoloration, looks like green powder all over the screen. The monitor is an LCD, and it doesn't seem to be a cable issue as we've tried a different VGA cable, however when I tried using the HDMI port, i saw the problem but then after a minute or two it went away.

So maybe someone can help me diagnose the problem, or if its the green gun, can i fix or replace this? I visually inspected the capacitors on this monitor and they seem fine, but I'm told that its not always visible when they're screwed up... can I test them?
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi, my friend is looking for a 14" - 15" sized notebook, but as light as possible, with decent battery life.

She's basically going to just use it for office work and browsing/email etc..., so nothing hardware intensive is required, however, a stronger processor would really help her out for picture viewing and minor editing. If it's not too much of a compromise, a strong processor would be preferable.

Also, an SSD would also be preferable, though I think she may also need some space for pictures and files. So, SSD if possible. Maybe a Seagate momentus could be a nice choice.

Other than that, the video card requirements are basically nil. Lightness is a key factor; throw me whatever you've got regardless of price since budget is not fixed, but will most likely stay at or under $1000.

Thanks everyone!

A:Light, affordable budget laptop

Most ultrabooks out there tick the boxes, although your friend may need to get an external hard drive as 128GB SSDs fill up real fast.

A few suggestions:
- Asus UX31E
- Acer Aspire S3
- Samsung Series 5
- Toshiba Portege Z835

Lightness comes at a pretty hefty premium, you can get much better specs for lower prices if you're willing to accept normal thickness laptops.

p.s. as Ivy Bridge is just a few months away I would wait for IB ultrabooks to hit the market, maybe that will kickstart the ultrabook movement and reduce prices.
Relevancy 58.48%

Bought me recently a new MoBo: P8H67, installed it, killed Realtek onboard in the BIOS, all thus far goes splendid.
Put in SoundMax (from my P5E Lifestyle), hardware checks ok.
Install driver... and here things go awkward: no matter what I try: SoundMax Hi Def is not found/recognized.
Tried both the DVD-soft that came with me P5E, as well as online new drivers, to no use...

Reason for SoundMax: I was slightly baffled by the power behind the tiny card, it was literally mindblowing (over my JBL's).
This power is not found on Realtek hardware, hence.

Prob: I want to keep using the tiny SoundMax, but I desperately need a driver.

Win 7 Ultimate X64 (registered)

Thank you all:

A:P5E Lifestyle Board SoundMax to Asus P8H67

List any Problem Devices

Make sure devices are connected and powered on
Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report

Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
===> If you?re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
===> If you?re running 64 bit Windows, you?ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
Notice progress in lower left window corner
When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi everyone,
I need some help. I went to use my acer laptop yesterday after not using it for about 4-6 months and it won't turn on. I charged it and the indicator light says its fully charged but it still doesnt come on even if it is plugged in. I honestly don't think it is fully charged because the light turned blue after being plugged in only 1 hour. Do you have any suggestions that could help me?

A:My laptop won't turn on even though the light indicates its fully charged

Remove the battery and try turning on the laptop using only the AC adapter
Relevancy 58.91%

i was wondering if HIS H675FS1G Radeon HD 6750 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card would work on a MSI G31TM-P21 LGA 775 Intel G31 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard.

Card # at Newegg=N82E16814161395"]

Board#at Newegg= N82E16813130234

o wait the card is ddr3 , does that mean it won't work?

A:Graphics card compatible with this board?

Sure, the card will work fine. The graphics card memory is independent from the memory type of the motherboard.
Relevancy 33.11%

Hello all A few or POST fans display no work, system; and Homebuilt lights but weeks ago one of my friends and I decided to build a PC for my dad we both have minimal experience but my friend has built PCs before I ve helped others design PCs Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST but I ve never physically built one Anyway I checked everything out to make sure it s all compatible technically it should work but we Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST ve run into a few problems After connecting everything to the appropriate terminals and turning on the machine I noticed Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST that all of the fans including the CPU fan were in perfect working order the case LEDs hooked up to the mobo work fine and the mouse and keyboard light up when the PC is turned on However there is no response from the Disk Drive or Hard Drive and the monitor claims there is quot no incoming signal quot All of the hardware is brand new straight out of the box so I m not sure what the problem is Any suggestions are most welcome as I have four days to finish this thing Here are the specs There is no graphics card because my friend informed me that the particular CPU we picked out has HD graphics onboard meaning we wouldn t need a graphics card The monitor is rather old and has a D-Sub connector but it was working well last week and the mobo I picked out is compatible with D-Sub CPU Intel Core i - Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H M-DS Micro ATX Intel Motherboard Disk Burner ASUS DVD CD Player Burner Tower NZXT Source Elite White Steel RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB Hard Drive II Seagate Barracuda GB Power Supply Corsair quot CX Builder Series quot nbsp

A:Homebuilt system; fans and lights work, but no display or POST

There is no onboard video on that board. Not sure why your friend told you that, cpu has nothing to do with it. You will need to add a graphics card to fix your problem. Here are the board specs.. If you can exchange the board for it's z68 counterpart (paired with your i3) you could than get onboard graphics and not need a GPU.
Relevancy 82.99%

I picked up this Alienware 5700 off ebay to hopefully refurbish for my son but I'm new at this and still learning and so this thing has me baffled. The laptop is in pristine condition but shows no signs of life. When I plug in the power supply the green light on the power supply goes from solid green to blinking rapidly to the point you can barely see it. To me that would mean a short somewhere right ? If so where ? Has anyone else ever had experience with something like this ? I just don't want to go buying a new battery for a laptop that maybe fried already. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:No power, no lights but green light on power supply blinks rapidly

Remove the laptops battery and try the AC power only. If the green light does the same, it still could only be a bad AC adapter, or at worst, a shorted laptop motherboard
Relevancy 59.77%

I have been going through the process of building a computer for the first time and the motherboard is the final piece of the puzzle I am seriously considering the Asus Maximus Gene-Z as the motherboard to go along with GB Hawks OC in SLI on mATX a Is SLI usually on board avoided? air to go along with an OC i - k but I have been seeing some concerns about temperatures in general As far Is SLI on a mATX board on air usually avoided? as cooling the board would be in a mid-tower that has the dimensions of the full tower Storm Sniper with its default fans and the CPU would be cooled by a Corsair A I do have a few ATX motherboard in mind if the mATX option isn t ideal for SLI including the MSI Z A-GD ASUS P Z -V PRO or ASRock Z EXTREME GEN i - K Corsair A GB GTX Hawk in SLI x GB G Skill Sniper DDR Samsung Spinpoint TB Asus x DVD-Drive Cooler Master Storm Sniper Seasonic X- nbsp

A:Is SLI on a mATX board on air usually avoided?

Personally if I was building a computer without having any hardware to start with I would probably aim for a higher end single card rather than 2 older and now mid range 460 GTX cards. That way in the future you can pickup another higher performance card and then use SLI.

As for mATX and SLI, as long as the board supports it then there is no problem. You have stated its in a full tower so airflow won't be a problem. You might find some problems such as PCI 1x slot blocked/unusable when you have two double slot (two expansion slot height) PCI-E graphics cards in the motherboard.
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all I have an asus x s laptop and a while ago the power jack inside broke off and went further into the unit I managed to take the laptop apart and retrieve the jack I then rather stupidly attempted to desolder board PCB Splintered the remainder of the unit from the board and found that apparently ASUS use diamond as solder that or I wasn t doing something right Anyway point is that the contacts stayed in the board no matter what and only with force Splintered PCB board and heat did they come out unfortunately however there are still two contacts firmly in the board Anyway as you can all imagine the inevitable happened The board warped slightly and on one of the corner points the iron went through and splintered the side picture attached A couple of questions Number And I think I already know the answer to this As this has happened will this be detrimental to the running of the laptop I m going to guess that the second I turn it on should I be successful in replacing that the power will short and the world will end or something Number Since last using the laptop I can only assume that the rest of the components processor RAM Drive etc are still in good working order and I m wondering just how successful anyone may think it would be to sell the laptop as spare parts or would I be better off taking into the yard with a shotgun Sorry about the cynical nature of this post that s just how I am that and I m incredibly annoyed at myself for thinking that me soldering iron delicate electronics was ever going to have any other outcome than this nbsp
Relevancy 29.24%

I mean the small light which is on where your HDD is being used on laptops, how this can happen on desktop computers?? Need to buy something special to show it? Also when I replace my laptop HDD to an SSD will that light work with the SSD?

A:HDD usage light on desktop?

Yes most desktops will have the hdd indicator light. It usually has a small icon of a disc next to it. If the light is there but does not light than more than likely the connector has come off of the main board. There is also software to do this (free).. Just google it.
Relevancy 30.96%

i have a green screen when i try to play videos and it just happened randomly, so it cant be becuse ive got the wrong drivers or the os or if i formated because ive had my laptop for about 10 months now and i havent changed anything on it yet its still got all the same stuff that came with it.

any help would be gratefull asap.

A:I have a green screen when I try to play videos

You could try updating video drivers.

Most likely it's your video drivers have you installed a new graphics card or anything like that, or how long have you had your graphics card?
Relevancy 31.39%

Hi everyone Does anyone here familiar with what could be causing all of my printers to print with a greenish tint I was using HP Photosmart printer for my photo printing for awhile When it started to print green tint I figured a good reason to upgrade The newer with a green tint? Printing model of HP Photosmart printer worked great for awhile started to print green again I got rid of them and started to use my old Canon S for general printing And now my S after years of great performance started to print green also Of course now I suspect that it might be one of the programs I m Printing with a green tint? using that it might be corrupting the settings or something like that I do still use Microsoft Picture It even though I also have the Picture It I like to use the because to me it s more user-friendly I use it for most of my limited photo quot manipulations quot including printing Anyone has a good idea what the cause for the green tint is I just don t have the time to install uninstall different programs play with settings etc I d really appreciate some help with this nbsp
Relevancy 58.91%

Need info old board P4SD-VL

<I'm trying to fix a very old pc; it's almost ready but I can't set front USB ports.>

Thatīs what I said. But more than a simple thing I need; USB frontal ports are working now. The matter is I canīt find drivers to set Sound, LAN, Modem... The pc is working fine, I've installed operating system, office programs and some other software without trouble.

Thanks in advance for your help.

A:Need old board P4SD-VL front USB pin description

Who made the motherboards chipset? VIA?
Relevancy 28.81%

My Dell A940 is printing really light and patchy. Tried re-positioning the encoder strip and turning it upside down but to no avail... Have not found anything useful at Anyone got a suggestion? Thanks

A:Dell A490 printer printing too light

Have you checked your cartridge ink levels?
Relevancy 57.62%

hello, ive had this desktop computer for years now and the processor is extremely outdated. I have been looking around trying to figure out how i can upgrade the processor speed but it seems the more i look up the less i know about computers...

anyways i have: Board: MICRO-STAR MS-7184
Serial Number: 5922655884

current proccessor: 2.00 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Not hyper-threaded

I believe the socket is a 939? when i looked up these specs i found that the highest processor i can place is " AMD Athlon 64 X2 (up to 4800+) and Sempron (up to 3200+) processors".

Can anyone verify this?Or is it not worth investing in a new processor? i am looking to find the best upgrade rather then spending cash to buy a new computer. Any advice would be extremely appreciated.

A:Looking to upgrade processor, board Micro-Star MS-7184

Hey Noctis,

Truth be told you are better off upgrading your Motherboard, RAM, and Processor if you want to see any substantial difference. A socket 939 is quite a bit old and since then they have move onto the AM2, AM2+, AM3, AM3+, etc sockets for AMD Mobos and Processors.

Socket 939 processors are to the point where they are no longer just old enough to be cheap. Since they are no longer made they are old enough to be more expensive than modern counterparts in many cases.

When upgrading the MOBO and CPU you want to look into more than just the processor speed. Important factors are also the types and amount of cache for a processor, number of cores, and RAM that can be used with that CPU.

The newer Athlon II X2s as an example are a significant leap from the original Athlon 64s and a discerning buyer online can find them significantly cheap. AM2+ boards are currently somewhat inexpensive and so is DDR2 RAM. They are currently at the stage where they are old enough to be somewhat cheap but with the newest socket and processors being sold by AMD now it may change iwthin the next few years to start getting expensive again from being old enough.

You also have the route of a AM3 with DDR2 or DDR3 Ram option available which are also moderately priced.

If you check out the website you can look at pricing for several different mobos, cpus, etc from various websites easily. I just completed a full build including case, HDD, Mobo, CPU, DVD-RW, RAM, Graphics card, etc for just over $350.00
Relevancy 30.1%

There is a laptop I want to purchase which is described to have an "intermittent graphics fault" where the screen turns green.
I have read that this is definitely a hardware error, some pointing out the video cable as being loose.
I was wondering if you guys are familiar with this problem and what is required to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

A:Laptop screen turns green; intermittent graphics fault

Honestly, I would avoid any laptop that has that issue because you don't know what is causing it and if you have to replace the screen the cost is often more than what you would pay for a new system.

Can you link us to this laptop or give us more details about this unit?
Relevancy 29.24%

I have a 2009 windows vista, I am having a problem getting my cd-rom to work, my light does not come on at start up

A:CD-ROM door does not light up and will not open

Desktop computer I presume? Take the side off and make sure the power cable is seated properly.
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi guys, i need help with my External Hard Disk. i plug it into the computer and it light up, and then the safely remove icon also show up, but it not popping up anything and when i put it close to my ear, the fan inside does not seem to spin. what can i do?

A:WD have light, but fan inside not spinning

Unless it is a really large enclosure, it probably doesn't have a fan. What you thought was a fan is probably just the disk itself spinning. Although that doesn't really solve your problem, it does point that its not getting powered properly.

Something in the circuit board taking power from the wall/computer to the drive may be messed up. Is this a physically big drive that gets its own power from the wall? Or is it a small drive that just plugs into USB?

If its a big drive, you could open it up and put the drive in your computer (if your computer is a desktop). If its a small, you can still probably get the drive out, but it won't work without adapters in your desktop. If you have a laptop.. Then you have fewer options.

tl;dr - sounds like your enclosure's board might have died.
Relevancy 27.95%

So i decided to build a new computer and i got everything connected, hit the power button and the computer wont power up. I have made sure all the power cables are connected well but nothing.

using a intel dp55wg mobo
intel i5 processor
coolermaster gx-750w power supply
xion axp 100 series case.
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi y'all

I got a Intel Server Board L440GX with the dual Pentium III processors and i cant get it to recognize the Mylex eXtreme RAID 2000 FW 7.01-00. I have never configured a raid before but i think i got it right(not sure) anyway the bios says that no h.d. or likewise is installed. I ain't got any ideas on what to do please help

A:Intel server board L440GX RAID issues

bwta, sound like you better take a look at:
Relevancy 34.4%

HI guys, so i got a Wireless G router (Belkin) havent used it awhile, so im guessing its dead. but yeah just wanted to verify. I technically have power on the router, b/c when i plugged it, has all the lights turned ON, but it wont turn off, i mean the modem light and status lights are all on. except for the ones at the top. LIke it is forever booting. My system cant detect the router at all. Any advise?

Relevancy 30.96%

I'm having an annoing and as far as i know a rare problem, my network card stays green and orange when unplugged. At the same time the network does not work, so i have to game on wireless (which is a pain in the a** becaouse we have a bad network, and the wireless "refresh" makes it horible)

Any suggestions in what i can do ?

A:Network card stays green when unplugged

Have you tried reinstalling the driver for the card/checking for an updated driver. I'd try that first but the way you've explained your problem is a bit hard to understand so I could be way off.

I guess I'm just suggesting what I would try first..
Relevancy 27.95%

I have just tried to update the Bios on aa Acer aspire one zg5 after several attempts all I get now is a brief orange flicker from the charge led previously the unit worked fine on the mains adaptor. Have I damaged the internal power card by turning it of and on to much during this proccess? If so is it possible to get a replacement card?

A:Acer One ZG5 dead, only brief flicker on charge light when main adapter plugged in

Hi Gmeorge :wave:

Welcome to :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay
Relevancy 43.43%

dell xps m wont start up blue power light and bluetooth light stay on i have been searching posts in other forums as well as this one and i thought i d narrowed it down to the graphics card i was right to an effect my approach was to take the xps apart following dells website documents while i had the top dvd drive off i up, stay XPS light start m2010 on Bluetooth Dell blue light power won't and noticed that the graphics card screws Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on were really loose this was my first job i tightened these The top dvd drive i re-connected but propped it up at an angle so i could still see motherboard and parts warning be carefull electric attached power cable and pressed power button after half a dozen times pressing this it came to life I noticed my fans were working and thought this might not be my motherboard after all no overheating happening then it froze on windows xp it Dell XPS m2010 won't start up, blue power light and Bluetooth light stay on was a start another to ten times pressing power button it worked again this time not freezing went into bluetooth with usb mouse and paired keyboard made system restore point and restarted It took maybe times with it being glitchy freezing not powering up but when it does load xp without freezing try restarting windows xp and then it eventually finds its feet my xps is running ok now jimb nbsp
Relevancy 29.24%

I am in a very bad situation here, my USB which has all my work in for University seems to be faulty. When I connect my SanDisk USB, it shows the orange light for one second then that is it. It's suppose to show all the time... I tried different computers but problem persists

I am extremely worried.. can this be rectified at all?

A:Does my USB have life? Light shows only for a second

The Sandisk is most likely bad...
Relevancy 32.25%

Dell inspirion 5100 won't boot,already replaced power jack,problem improved slightly now shows following ,where as previously nothing.
with no battery + external power power and batttery light flash green every 10 sec .
with battery + external power power momentary flash twice of battery ,power and drive. battery light bright other two dull . no fan or other noise apparent screen stays blank.
Any ideas of source of problem, Help. need service manual , only found fsm for pull apart no info on servicing/repair or trouble shooting. nyome have a link to same. can't locate bios battery counldn't see it any where on mother board ,? wher is it would replace if new where it was. Any help apreciated

A:Dell Inspiron 5100 won't boot blank screen no noises no permanent lights

You will find all the info here including manuals.

As you have no fans running this sounds like a power supply failure which could be internal.
Relevancy 31.82%

I ran GSMSART control scan to check if my dirve was ok and I completed the extended self test after hours I got COMPLETED WITH READ FAILURE what does that mean help WD 2TB Caviar Green smartctl - - r i -pc-mingw -vista-sp sf-win - - Copyright C - by Bruce Allen http smartmontools sourceforge net START OF INFORMATION SECTION Device Model WDC WD EARS- MVWB Serial Number WD 2TB Caviar Green help WD-WMAZA Firmware Version AB User Capacity bytes Device is Not in smartctl database for details use -P showall ATA Version is ATA Standard is Exact ATA specification draft version not indicated Local Time is Sat Apr EDT SMART support is Available - device has SMART capability Enabled status cached by OS trying SMART RETURN STATUS cmd SMART support is Enabled START OF READ SMART DATA SECTION SMART overall-health self-assessment test result PASSED General SMART Values Offline WD 2TB Caviar Green help data collection status x Offline data collection activity was completed without error Auto Offline Data Collection Enabled Self-test execution status The previous self-test completed having the read element of the test failed Total time WD 2TB Caviar Green help to complete Offline data collection seconds Offline data collection capabilities x b SMART execute Offline immediate Auto Offline data collection on off support Suspend Offline collection upon new command Offline surface scan supported Self-test supported Conveyance Self-test supported Selective Self-test supported SMART capabilities x Saves SMART data before entering power-saving mode Supports SMART auto save timer Error logging capability x Error logging supported General Purpose Logging supported Short self-test routine recommended polling time minutes Extended self-test routine recommended polling time minutes Conveyance self-test routine recommended polling time minutes SCT capabilities x SCT Status supported SCT Feature Control supported SCT Data Table supported SMART Attributes Data Structure revision number Vendor Specific SMART Attributes with Thresholds ID ATTRIBUTE NAME FLAG VALUE WORST THRESH TYPE UPDATED WHEN FAILED RAW VALUE Raw Read Error Rate x f Pre-fail Always - Spin Up Time x Pre-fail Always - Start Stop Count x Old age Always - Reallocated Sector Ct x Pre-fail Always - Seek Error Rate x e Old age Always - Power On Hours x Old age Always - Spin Retry Count x Old age Always - Calibration Retry Count x Old age Always - Power Cycle Count x Old age Always - Power-Off Retract Count x Old age Always - Load Cycle Count x Old age Always - Temperature Celsius x Old age Always - Reallocated Event Count x Old age Always - Current Pending Sector x Old age Always - Offline Uncorrectable x Old age Offline - UDMA CRC Error Count x Old age Always - Multi Zone Error Rate x Old age Offline - SMART Error Log Version ATA Error Count device log contains only the most recent five errors CR Command Register HEX FR Features Register HEX SC Sector Count Register HEX SN Sector Number Register HEX CL Cylinder Low Register HEX CH Cylinder High Register HEX DH Device Head Register HEX DC Device Command Register HEX ER Error register HEX ST Status register HEX Powered Up Time is measured from power on and printed as DDd hh mm SS sss where DD days hh hours mm minutes SS sec and sss millisec It quot wraps quot after days Error occurred at disk power-on lifetime hours days hours When the command that caused the error occurred the device was doing SMART Offline or Self-test After command completion occurred registers were ER ST SC SN CL CH DH -- -- -- -- -- -- -- a Commands leading to the command that caused the error were CR FR SC SN CL CH DH DC Powered Up Time Command Feature Name -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ---------------- -------------------- e a STANDBY IMMEDIATE e READ SECTOR S e READ SECTOR S e READ SECTOR S e READ SECTOR S Error occurred at disk power-on lifetime hours days hours When the command that caused the error occurred the device was active or idle After command completion occurred registe... Read more

A:WD 2TB Caviar Green help

SMART Status has not been tripped... You're showing some "bad" sectors, but you may be able to return the drive to a useful status by performing a low-level format or all 0's write of the drive. Were you having problems with the drive before this test?
Relevancy 30.96%
A:Weird green stuff when watching video

Make sure you have the latest Adobe Flash, Shockwave, and Sun's Java installed. Also make sure you have installed all the Windows Updates and service packs for your computer's operating system
Relevancy 28.81%

The HP Deskjet 5150 printer will not turn off.
The status display is always on.
I have removed the ink cartridges (one is new) and problem is still there.
I have recycled power on the printer and the laptop.
I have tried to use HPPDU to check it but that wont connect either.
Any ideas?

A:HP 5150 printer will not turn off. Status light is also on

The internal logic or power supply may have gone bad. Time for a new printer?
Relevancy 28.38%

I have been fighting with these stupid HP dv amp and v fixed HP/Compaq I orange problem light wireless Compaq model laptops for some time now I ve figured out how to I fixed orange light HP/Compaq wireless problem bring the board back to life but I have just not had much luck with the wireless orange light issue until now I m not sure if this fix is for everyone obviously However if your wireless issue is hardware related and you know your I fixed orange light HP/Compaq wireless problem wifi card is good I fixed orange light HP/Compaq wireless problem I suggest you try this method at least once and maybe save yourself a motherboard order What you need -Everest Ultimate or any software that can stress your cpu -That s it this fix is all software controlled What I did -Opened Everest -Choose to stress CPU only with stability test in tools -Covered vent in front of heatsink to inhibit heat transfer -Waited till the CPU hit C Wireless Works and the Orange Light is now Blue again I hope this works for others I know I have had about enough of these HP Compaq Laptop MoBo problems ---------------------------------- Update ---------------------------------- -THIS ACTION IS NOT RECOMMENDED EXCEPT FOR A LAST RESORT DO NOT ATTEMPT UNLESS YOU ARE PREPARED TO POTENTIALLY CAUSE ADDITIONAL DAMAGE -TechSpot is not responsible for any damage caused -This fix has worked for DV amp V laptops -Wireless may go back out after one or more system restarts or never again go back out If so just repeat these steps at your own risk -Length of stress test may be short and it may be to minutes or more -Recommend GPU Heat Sink fix to the motherboard prior to this method nbsp

A:I fixed orange light HP/Compaq wireless problem

This sounds more like an internal power problem, from an ageing motherboard. Your findings and your "cure" may just be a coincidence. If you can bring the WiFi back to life even for a short time... this IS a good thing indeed .
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi all Just bought my new HIS and received it today However i have decovered a small problem with it If i turn the computer off and leave it off for awhile then turn it back on I get nothing on the screen There is a red light on the video card just underneath the cooler that lights up red and the fan spins at However if i turn the computer off then back on again the card works without a problem and runs games perfectly light red on on speed power HIS fan and - 100% 5770 Why would the card be doing this Is their an issue with these cards that i dont know about I tried searching google and got nothing My specs Gigabyte GA- GPA-UD H motherboard Phenom II x HIS 5770 - red light and 100% fan speed on power on CPU Corsair HX W Power Supply Kingston HyperX gb ddr ram Any help would be very greatly appreciated Thanks Nathan Edit There are no artefacts no discolouration no strange things on the screen or anything After the second power up the card works exactly the way it should nbsp

A:HIS 5770 - red light and 100% fan speed on power on

Ok guys. I think i may have fixed the problem. All i did was push power connections on the card and power supply in a little harder, wiggled them around and wiggled the card around in the slot.

I have done multiple shutdowns since i did that and everytime i power te system up, it comes on first time. I will post again if the problem reappears though.

In the meantime though, i have one more question. In about 2 weeks, i plan to get another 5770 and run them in crossfire. My question is, do i have to reinstall the video card drivers when i install the second card? (i have the latest 11.2 now), Or can i just pop the second card in, connect the crossfire bridge, enable crossfire in the CCC and itll work fine?

Sorry for the dumb question, its just this is my first time using a multi GPU setup.

Relevancy 28.81%

I currently have this monitor http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp Tpk wb It doesn t say what the backlight is is light for looking replacement Monitor dark, too but I m pretty sure it is a CCFL My monitor is too dark I replaced a quot monitor with a cd m that was brighter than this and it is listed as cd m When I got the monitor I needed a replacement and didn t bother sending it back Now it is too late for that I would like to know if I can replace the back light If so where can I get one I ve done a fair bit of googling and have not found anything I don t really know how to search for this kind of thing I would like to note that I very much enjoy this monitor and the pros out weight the cons by an order of magnitude I Monitor is too dark, looking for replacement light would Monitor is too dark, looking for replacement light buy this monitor again even if it really is dark It has NO DITHERING even with very close shades over a large area The ms response time isn t noticeable I think that this is measured in a full black-to-white instead of the more popular gtg anyway any help is much appreciated even if the answer is quot no that s not possible quot nbsp

A:Monitor is too dark, looking for replacement light

Although it's not something I've ever attempted myself it looks as though it can be done. Found this link as a possible source for the lamp itself and it appears there is a link for instructions. Didn't track it to your specific monitor and don't know if these guys are reliable but maybe it's a good place to start.
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, (First Post)

While it is often true that when you get no post after startup, that it is often the powersupply - it would be nice to know if the motherboard is functioning properly.
I use power supply testers, a great time saver, but does anyone know of a reasonalby inexpensive motherboard tester on the market?

A:Board test equipment

Well, I have seen a few mobo/ram testers on Ebay but have no idea how good they are. Just do a search on there for motherboard tester and several will come up, they are about Ģ20.
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi i went to my pc this morning and the monitor light just keeps flashing blue ive turned the power all off and restarted several times but still no display and still blue flashing light i did clean the dust out of my pc a week ago all worked fine after im really at a loss of wat to try anyone there that might be able to suggest wat i do i was thinking of sending my pc monitor to be repaired but i worried they will say all sorts of things are wrong when it might be something simple its not under warranty anymore many My monitor flashing blue display light, a LG no has thanks helen just tried turning pc after disconnecting my monitor lead and my pc is now making a rather loud whirling noise i My LG monitor has a flashing blue light, no display plugged the lead back in and isstill flashing blue and pc isstill now making the whirlinf sound its my monitor not pc ive tried a different monitor and my pc works fine on it any advice on wether to buy a new monitor or is it worth geting this one fixed nbsp My LG monitor has a flashing blue light, no display

A:My LG monitor has a flashing blue light, no display

lg monitor

helen36 said:

any advice on wether to buy a new monitor or is it worth geting this one fixed?Click to expand...

Assuming that the monitor in question is a LCD ?
You could hold a torch up close to the screen and if you can see the normal screen (the one that's there normally there when your computer boots) then the problem is the back-light for the screen -may be repairable.

helen36 said:

the monitor light just keeps flashing blueClick to expand...

However you might also find on the monitor manufacturers site a list of "Blink-codes" which will be interpretative in much the same way as Morse Code. And this may have implications to what is actually wrong internally with the unit.
Relevancy 57.62%

ok first off i got this board second hand from my brother he couldnt get it to work at all however he thought it was a video card compatability issue He had a ATI Radeon card and its an NVIDIA chipset on the board Now that ive giving a tiny bit of back ground ill give you the systems specs or atleast the specs itll be once its working and can see things CPU Intel core duo E RAM GB DDR x OCZ REAPER Motherboard As mentioned EVGA NVIDIA i sli GPU GEforce GS PSU Sparkle W gold class TB for storage and a GB + no =( sli output board video Evga 680i Nvidia for the OS Thats whats in my box and the box itself is a Rosewill Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =( CRUISER So far everything looks like its powers up right and and the HDD spins up it seems like its posting correctly i jus cant get anyvideo out of it Any suggestions would be helpful also keyboards will not work in any usb port and on the mointer it says entering power save mode it detects the cable being there but does not get a signal ive tried multiple keyboards and multiple video cables nbsp

A:Evga Nvidia 680i sli board + no video output =(

sounds like it's just a faulty board... it doesn't matter if you have a single ATI or NVIDIA card, it should work with either
Relevancy 28.81%

I just finished putting together a new computer, and after trying for several hours, I can not get a display. I've confirmed it's not the graphic card (had it tested it another PC). All the LEDs on the case light up and all the fans spin when I turn it on, but no display. Interestingly enough, a red light comes on instead of a green light on the front of the case.

Computer Specs:
NZXT Apollo Case
i7-860 Quad Core @ 2.8Ghz
ATI Radeon HD 5870 (1 GB) Video Card
OCZ StealthXStream 700W Power Supply
G.Skillz Ripjaws Memory (Dual 2GB x 2)
Asus P7P55-M Motherboard
1.5 TB Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive (7200RPM)

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Red light on NXZT Apollo - no display

Make sure everything is properly seated. Pay close attention to the memory and verify that is set in the proper slots for your configuration and make sure it's seated properly.
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello I have a desktop with motherboard Via KT CF- ruinign on windows xp I had a MB memory and the computer was running very slow with lots K7VTA3 ECS RAM v8) fully isn't recognized (board of RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8) lags I decided to buy some more memory and bought the lot of two kit Kingston KVR X C AK total of GB I opened the computer and inserted the two memory sticks on the motherboard and switch on the computer As it runs BIOS says only MB Ram and not GB RAM Other times it reads sometimes says MB and one time said MB RAM Its very strange this Whats going on I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR SDRAM Did I bought a wrong set of memory sticks or is it something wrong in the computer data from Everest software ID Motherboard -KT CF- -K VTA C- Motherboard ECS K VTA v Physical Memory Total MB Used MB Free MB Utilization North Bridge VIA VT Apollo KT Thanks Boto nbsp

A:RAM isn't fully recognized (board ECS K7VTA3 v8)

I dont know but the site says that the board accepts DDR200/266/333 SDRAM.Click to expand...

You bought DDR400 so I'd say your RAM is not supported by your motherboard. Also, the voltage standard for your motherboard is 2.5 volts. Your RAM needs 2.6 volts although it should still run if your motherboard supported it in the first place. You might be able to bump up the voltage in the BIOS but I can't say for sure.
Relevancy 27.95%

How does the hard drive communicate with the red led light? I think i just have a bad bulb because there are no indications that the hard drive is failing. chdsk found no problems Don't' tell me to flash my bios or any other nonsense. Only reply if you know what ur taking about. So don't waste my time

A:Hard drive light solid red. There are no indications of a hardware malfunction

have you tried turning the hdd led connector plug around on the motherboard its proberbly got the plus and minus on the wrong pins which is making the LED solid and not flash
Relevancy 56.33%

Okay, my board is as described. I have a black bank and a blue bank. I plan on upgrading to 8 gigs of RAM this spring. With my motherboard's setup, would I benefit more from 2 sticks of 4 gig RAM or 4 sticks of 2 gig RAM?

A link to my board:

A:Dual-channel capable board, with 4 DIMM slots in 2 different colors--questions

Link us to your motherboard's website. The manual should contain the correct memory configurations.
Relevancy 27.95%

hp media center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in. will not go on. anyone know what this means?

A:HP Media Center m1000 steady blinking light when plugged in

Sounds like a fault with the battery to me.

Have you tried removing the battery completely, and then running it off of the mains lead only?

EDIT: I see google lists this as a PC, so the above doesn't apply.

Usually on a PC the blinking light is an indication that the computer is in sleep mode. If it won't power up, try removing the power cable, and then hit the power button (to discharge electrics) and then reconnect, and try powering it up then.
Relevancy 30.96%

I have screen, Green options need tinted a HP pavilion desktop Motherboard is a M N -LA Upgraded power supply to w previously had ATI xx series video card Installed a new GTS last night Stock ram stock HD days ago I started up the computer and found that EVERYTHING has a green tint to it I re-calibrated and researched and found that there is no blue signal coming from the computer I replaced the normal video cable and went with a HDMI cable Still green I went out and bought a new video card the GTS and installed Still green Green tinted screen, need options I tested the monitor on another computer and it works fine What else could it be The computer is less than months old and has worked fine up to this point Even after the upgrades it was running great It was purely after the boot up that the green issue came up Any ideas The only other curious thing is that the sound from the monitor wont work I can plug in headphones and it works but no sound from the comp to the monitor s built in speakers The audio settings in windows show there to be sound sent nbsp

A:Green tinted screen, need options

It's your screen, you probably need to replace it.

The same thing happened to the TV at home a while back, only with a blue tint.
I was sitting on the coach and watched TV, and suddenly click, the colors was messed up.
It was old, so I threw it out and bought a new one.
Relevancy 34.4%

Hello there all this is my first time trying to troubleshoot my own computer so I figure that lights activity? no up, LED other in front I would try to head to this forum for some assistance The other day there was what I think was a power surge through the lines which fried my router which now just turns on but cant transmit the internet signals through it because my computer shows a connection but just sits at limited connectivity and destroyed something with my desktop I am much more concerned with my desktop currently and I am wondering what the problem might be When the power is turned on to the computer the LED in the front lights up on the power button but there is absolutely no activity for the computer what so ever This leads me to believe that the motherboard is fried Am I correct in this assumption The motherboard is a Foxconn M PMV if that helps anyone Thanks so much if you can help with this Nix nbsp

A:LED in front lights up, no other activity?

Swap out the power supply first, before the motherboard. Open the computer case and check and smell for burned components. If you don't see or smell anything, hopefully its only the power supply. Just because you have a power light, this doesn't mean that the power supply is putting out all the necessary voltages that a computer needs
Relevancy 57.62%

So I recently had my main computer crash and break to the point I need a new computer so I figured I'd make it worth it this time.

Here's the deal: (add the www to see it)

Everything on there seems decent but I am curious about the board itself. Would the Intel Desktop Board DP55WB Motherboard be good for gaming, which I wish to use my computer mainly for. I have at most a 700 dollar budget and this seems like a nice deal for it. I plan on putting a Geforce GTX 580 graphics card in it as soon as I get the money as a little side note if it matters.

A:Intel desktop board DP55WB motherboard for gaming?

Pyron92 said:

So I recently had my main computer crash and break to the point I need a new computer so I figured I'd make it worth it this time.

Here's the deal: (add the www to see it)

Everything on there seems decent but I am curious about the board itself. Would the Intel Desktop Board DP55WB Motherboard be good for gaming, which I wish to use my computer mainly for. I have at most a 700 dollar budget and this seems like a nice deal for it. I plan on putting a Geforce GTX 580 graphics card in it as soon as I get the money as a little side note if it matters.Click to expand...

I'd suggest looking at the same chipset, but in either Gigabyte or Asus brands. Intel boards are fine, as much as it goes, but the BIOS is very limited as to configuration for different memory, and overclocking options. Intel really markets it's boards as mainstream items, intended for average users and businesses, they're not really aimed at the enthusiast.

The feature set can vary widely from board to board, and you should have a look at these pages to see which board has the capabilities you need;

Asus P-55; 600008216&IsNodeId=1&name=Intel P55

Gigabyte P-55; 600008216&IsNodeId=1&name=Intel P55
Relevancy 29.67%

Okay I ve beckoned for some help once again Okay this time I m not looking for a computer for myself I m actually building one for my litter sister she s She plays mostly Light gaming rig a game called Wolf Team http wolfteam aeriagames com overview sysreq System Requirements for Wolf Team Now Light gaming rig as of right now she uses my current computer but it doesn t run it all too well and since I plan to build a new one for myself at Christmas I d like to salvage as much as possible out of this one and build her a computer that would run wolf team and any other low-mid level games Now my dad will be funding this project and I want to keep it under Light gaming rig or really close to this as far as the graphics go my computer has a NVIDIA GeForce which I will be giving to her not the best graphics card I know but its better than nothing I m going to post the specs of my computer and I m really looking to just switch out the motherboard and CPU for at least a dual core or higher As far as ram goes O honestly don t think she will be needing too much of it I have gb of ram she is going to use My case is pretty fat one of the bigger ones I ve seen Not the best cooling tho I have a watt power supply Not sure if thats usable or not So I m mainly looking for a mobo cpu The hard drive I have is an old gb drive I believe Not really sure what make or model or how to find thus info out My old computer has windows xp not really sure what part of the comp carries that though because the OP is hers to have haha if this is a hopeless situation let me know I just thought I could throw a half decent computer together for her Any help would be appreciated If you need more info just hit me up nbsp

A:Light gaming rig

Now my dad will be funding this project, and I want to keep it under 300 or really close to this.Click to expand...

IMO at that price range, it might be better to just purchase a store PC, as they come with windows for much cheaper than you will get it (unless you've got a student discount) and building one at that price is going to yield low performance components anyway.

Building one at this price is sort of tricky, it might not be a good idea.
Ok, let me get this straight, so you have a powersupply, graphics card, harddrive and case?
You'll have to reformat, if you have a retail edition of XP, I'm pretty sure you can wipe it and transfer to the new build.
Basically, you're looking at these:

ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM
Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D Green 380W Continuous power ATX12V v2.3 / EPS12V 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC Power Supply
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066 (PC3 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-8500CL7D-2GBNQ
ASRock 880GM-LE AM3 AMD 880G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
Relevancy 21.93%

I installed a new motherboard and it does not seem to new mobo new PSU, No mobo light, be getting power The green light is off When I first installed the motherboard it was connected to the old power supply When I would plug No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo it in I got a clicking noise but nothing else I figured since it was only a w psu and motherboard manual states w I put in a w power supply Now I get nothing Not even clicking noises The whole thing wont even run POST Literally nothing happens when I plug it in or click the power button Yes I tried the switch on the back of the No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo power supply It s active PFC I just installed a P G -M LX motherboard I installed a w OCZ stealthxstream power supply I already connected the pin and the pin power cables Can anyone please give me some advice to at least get the green light on I would try a new processor or new ram if this showed any signs of power going to the motherboard at all nbsp

A:No mobo light, new PSU, new mobo

Well, I don't know about a motherboard that requires "400 Watts". I think that the CPU, and even more importantly, the graphics card combine to set the tone of how much power is likely to be drawn.

Moving along, the "clicking" you heard could be the PSU cutting out due to a short circuit. Check the board to case standoffs, and make certain every one you have in place, has solder lands under the screws. (These are intended to be grounded). If there is no solder land under a screw, remove that particular standoff. BTW did you hook up the ATX (4 pin) connector, the plug near the CPU, and did you connect the PCIE- 6 pin connector to the video card? (This assumes the card you're using needs one)

That bad news is that you may have damaged the board, if indeed it was a short.
Relevancy 28.81%

Hey, i've got a major problem, probably motherboard issue, so i'm posting it here, to make sure it's my motherboard.

-When i turn on my computer, it does really nothing, even the power light on the front isn't flashing, only the one below (there are two LEDs outside) blinks once! Then it turns off.
-When i remove every other hardware (Except the ones inside the comp.), same happens.
-My computer is connected to the power cord, and when i start up, i clearly hear the fans.

Thanks for helping.

A:Computer doesn't start, and no power light

first thing to try would be to swap power supplies...

if new power supply works, then the old one is dead
if new power supply doesn't work, then the motherboard or CPU may be dead
memory may also be preventing the computer from starting, so remove a stick

if you are using an internal speaker, does it beep in pattern or nothing at all?
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello! I have a 2Wire 2701HG-B modem/router that I have had for around 2years or so, maybe a little longer. Anyway, just recently within the last couple of months the Ethernet light has started blinking very rapidly. It has never done this before. My internet connection has become extremely slow and sometimes I have an icon in the bottom right of my screen that says attempting to acquire network address and it never goes away. The icone looks like 2 computer monitors trying to connect with eachother with a dot going back and forth from one to the other. If anyone can help me get this issue resolved I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you & Have A Nice Day.

A:Rapidly blinking Ethernet light on 2Wire modem

Hello? (echo) Anyone?
Relevancy 28.81%

Hi every1. I have encountered a weird problem. The problem is what title says. When i press power button, laptop screen comes on only if wireless light doesnt come on. If wireless light comes on along with power light when power button is pressed, than screen stays black. and it isnt coincidence cause i have tried it thounds of times. anybody has any ideas, please?

A:Laptop screen comes on if wireless light doesn't

woxa said:

Hi every1. I have encountered a weird problem. The problem is what title says. When i press power button, laptop screen comes on only if wireless light doesnt come on. If wireless light comes on along with power light when power button is pressed, than screen stays black. and it isnt coincidence cause i have tried it thounds of times. anybody has any ideas, please?Click to expand...

maybe the laptop can no longer supply adequate power to both components at the same time...

Lorrainhendrry said:

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 Laptop, a few years old. Just installed Windows Vista. When i power up computer it comes up no problems. If allowed to go to sleep, when it comes back the screen turns a greenish color and flashes between the desk top and the greenish scrolling color rapidly. I thought it was cause by the mouse, so I disconnected it, no luck, then tried disconnecting the keyboard. Still doing it. ANY SUGGESTIONS?Click to expand...

maybe the lcd screen is nearing its end life cycle...
replacement may cost ~200$ plus labor for the lcd screen...
Relevancy 27.95%

Hi, this is my first post and I have never used any other forum so i hope I'm diong things the right way.

I have a Dell Optiplex Gx280 and it won't start, an amber light is flashing in the power button. I have read the manual and it states the following:

If the power light is blinking amber ?

The computer is receiving electrical power, but an internal power problem might exist.

Ensure that the voltage selection switch is set to match the AC power at your location (if applicable).
Ensure that the processor power cable is securely connected to the system board.

I did both things but it still does'nt power up.

I opened the comptuer and the stand by power light is on, (the one in the system board). I don't know if this is ok.

What else can i do?

Thanks for your help.

A:Dell Optiplex GX280 won't start, amber light flashing

How long have you had this machine? Is it brand new? If so take it back. If it's not new, what is the last thing you did to your machine? Any modifications? You are not getting any signal. An amber light means it's running but it's not going to show up on the screen.
Relevancy 59.77%

how do u know if u have on board sound card on ibm

A:How do you now if you have on board sound card

The easiest recognition sign would be 3.5mm jack plugs on the rear panel of the motherboard.
3 (Green, blue, pink) is common on older boards, 4, 5 or more commonly 6 jacks for newer (and 5.1 +) sound codecs.
If you post some details of the system/board the forum will be able to give you a more definitive answer.
Relevancy 30.96%

i have a laptop from hp when i turn it on the post boot is all green you can read everything but its all green when it gets to windows it looks on but theres still green in it you can open anything up and the same there green hey i said to my self it wants to go green lol but any who what could be the problem here please direct and advice.
Relevancy 58.48%

Wondering if anyone has tried a non-Nocona, E-ATX dual Xeon board in the HAF 932. I'm talking one of the newer Dual-Xeon boards. I know I lose the single-CPU ATX back opening, but I'm more concerned about if it actually handles a dual-Xeon E-ATX board.

Thanks for any help.
Relevancy 57.19%

I plan to upgrade my video card from geforce 9500GT to geforece GTS250.. my mother board model is gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2P..

A:Is the GeForce GTS250 compatible with a DDR2 board and PCIe slot?

Powersupply? Just making sure...
Relevancy 30.96%

Some youtube videos though quite alot of them I cannot watch in 360/480p quality,HD quality is fine but in original format videos are really 'choppy' and the display flashes green sometimes and is impossible to watch smoothly.

My laptop is brand new and is the Alienware M11X, capable of watching standard videos.

A:YouTube choppy/green videos

That's them, not you.. Either they're upgrading servers and software or something else. I was on there last night on my dual core over 802.11n in HD mode and it was okay.