Windows Support Forum

new wifi network printer connection

Q: new wifi network printer connection

have a HPPhotosmart C4580 all in one printer. i just switched internet providers and i am trying to connect my printer wireless to my internet connection. i am using hp print and scan doctor but when it runs my printer doesn,t show up in the results. this is a older printer and i have the disc that came with it but it isn,t for windows 10. i just need an explanation on how to get this printer to work on my new internet connection Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/new-wifi-network-printer-connection/td-p/5763487
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: new wifi network printer connection

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have a Epson xp-235 printer and I used to have it connected to my wifi which then was with talktalk, I have changed to sky and cannot seem to find how to change my wifi info for my printer to work again
any suggestions would be grateful
thanks in advance
Christina Thompson

A:problem with printer connection using wifi

Go here click here for the user guide for your printer. Look at page 83 for printer status. It mentions pressing the wifi button.
Hopefully on you router there is a wps button. Press and hold this for a few seconds and then press and hold the wifi button on the printer for a couple of seconds.
All being well the two will communicate and establish a connection.
If that doesn't work you will probably need to connect with a USB cable briefly to sort the issue.

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/problem-printer-connection-using-wifi-4597525/
Relevancy 62.78%

PRODUCT: HP Chromebook 11 G4S/N: 5CD5515QDCGoogle Chrome OS Version 50.0.2661.103Platform 7978.74.0Firmware Google_Kip.5216.227.25 This device is frustrating my spouse to no end.  It keeps dropping our home wifi network connection.  I have to shutdown power, wait, and power back on and it refreshes.  This is annoying. I am seriously considering returning this device.  The whole point of this purchase was stability and ease of browsing and light internet use.  Frustration is not part of the purchase.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Network-Connection-Error-Dropped-Home-WiFi-Network-only-on/td-p/5638654
Relevancy 62.35%

This is the issue Two days ago I was going to add my flat mates new wifi canon printer Firstly I used supplied installation cd but it could not find it After few attempts I took the cd out and was going to do it through Add New Printer device wizard While searching for the printer it cut off the internet not the LAN connection just internet connection Ive met up with this issue before and I thought to myself it'll be easy to fix connection after trying install Internet printer to down wifi it But after checking all the setting resetting modem and all changing SSID and password etc it still did not work Also I had found out all pcs in the house have got same problem I tried to connect via ethernet cable but still nothing We are connected via sky wifi Internet connection down after trying to install wifi printer modem there is ADSL filter in line although there's no landline I called sky that day they said to Internet connection down after trying to install wifi printer my surpise they know what fault it is and that they are going to send a technician He came today chceked everything and left I was not there but my flat mated called me and asked me for a new password I changed on tue Guess what the same problem persists He also mentioned that when the tech connected his quot thing quot laptop or tablet I guess it worked If anyone could help please

A:Internet connection down after trying to install wifi printer

Problem solved by repeatedly resetting modem

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/358479-internet-connection-down-after-trying-install-wifi-printer.html
Relevancy 61.49%

bought a new printer today after our other two broke.
went to uninstall the other two and then went to install our new one on the main computer.
I have now lost connection with the wifi to this pc and only this one. (the internet still works on two laptops) unfortunately i need this computer for work and therefore need the internet quite urgently.
any ideas what's happened? perhaps uninstalled something by accident and if so what is it and what can i download?

thanks.

A:pc lost connection with wifi after installing a new printer and cannot reconnect?

Do you see the wireless network your trying to connect to? Does a wired connection work?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-lost-connection-with-wifi-after-installing-a-new-printer-and-cannot-reconnect.1035247/
Relevancy 61.49%

I have a Kodak ESP 3250 AiO printer running on a vista os. It does not have wifi or bluetooth. I am trying to share it to a laptop with windows 8. Can this be done and if so How? I have a netgear N600 wireless dual band router hooked to the vista machine along with the printer which is shared and plugged into the vista through a usb cable. I installed the printer on the laptop and it shows up in the control panel. All driver are on both machines. Try to print on the laptop and get error, cannot connect to kODAK ESP 3200 Series AiO. Which is the way its listed on mypc which is the host computer. I do get internet on the wireless laptop.
If this is possible please help I'm confused.

Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all I have a home network set up sharing the broadband connection successfully throughout the house via a Linksys broadband router We have four laptops and two desk based machines and each can connect to the internet without issue On one of the desk based PCs I have a Laserjet HL D connected and shared The PC it is connected to runs XP Home SP edition I can connect and print to this printer from all machines except my wife s new Sony Vaio laptop When I try to add a network printer and browse the windows network it simply doesn t find it at all Whereas I am on my dell 1 printer PC on cannot home out connect to wifi network 4 of my laptop and can search and locate the printer without issue The Sony Vaio can connect to the net without issue is only a few months old and is running running XP Home SP my Dell is running XP Pro SP Is there anything I might be missing here that an expert could advise on please Thanks 1 PC out of 4 cannot connect to printer on my wifi home network all nbsp

Relevancy 61.06%

I changed fro windstream to time warner cable, and i cannot connect to the new wifi. I have tried everthing i get or know .how do i do a factory reset , ect ecdt

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/cannot-connect-C4780-printer-to-new-wifi-network/td-p/5775248
Relevancy 61.06%

Dear All First post here and in need of some help Following problem has been driving me crazy for the past days and I'm no closer to an understanding resolution The following is quite an exhaustive and I hope logical description of the problem I have WiFi computers and WiFi printers - Samsung M W Laser printer and Canon Pixma MG inkjet printers computers on my WiFi network print fine to all three printers other computers one a desktop and one a laptop which are both running Windows Home Premium SP -bit cannot print to the Samsung or either of the Canon printers All computers could print to all printers last week before I replaced my wireless router I had Network/Printer WiFi Problem Strange a Netgear DGN and have replaced it with an Strange WiFi Network/Printer Problem ASUS DSL-AC U Now after this upgrade PCs can still print to all printers and cannot I have checked that all of the computers are on the same WiFi network and all have the same encryption key using WPA -PSK encryption The network configuration page from the MG says that Bonjour is enabled but the Bonjour LPR Service is disabled Is this important it seems not as of my computers can print OK I can successfully ping all of the printers from both PCs that cannot print to a printer - the printer IPs are and My router's IP is and subnet mask - so that seems to be OK I have reinstalled the printer driver for both Canon printers using the latest drivers on the Canon website Version released July on both problem machines and I still can't print to any Canon printer over WiFi I have also re-installed though what a pain that was the printer driver for the Samsung Laser printer Also once a document has been sent to a printer and stalls opening an elevated command prompt and stopping and restarting the print spooler service 'net stop spooler' 'net start spooler' also has NO effect and the document still won't print However on one of the two non-printing PCs starting and stopping the print spooler service will allow the Samsung Laser printer to print the document - but I have to do this for each document I send Just to confuse matters even further - I tried scanning a document from both Canon Printers to all WiFi computers - to see if data could be sent from the printers to the computers and both documents were received by all WiFi computers This surely points to the fact that the Canon printers are correctly connected to the WiFi network correctly and that the problem lies within both of the PCs that cannot print The Samsung printer will send a scan to the two PCs that can print to it it apparently sends a scan to a third but there is no error but I can't find the scanned document anywhere and the fourth PC it apparently can't see I am currently checking which services are running on all PCs in an attempt to see if the problem is in a service or services that is are disabled or stopped Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks for reading the above and sorry for the short novel Thanks in aticipation Zaph

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/380036-strange-wifi-network-printer-problem.html
Relevancy 61.06%

New HP Envy All in one wireless printer has the following nbsp issues and is not connecting to HP lap top in a shared WIFI network nbsp Prints via Apple air print okPrints via usb conflict IP PRINTER/WIFI NETWORK/LAPTOP OKFails to E print or via wifi network Info nbsp Printer is connected to a StudentCom network and displays it is connected in printer settings and has a specific IP address nbsp IP conflict PRINTER/WIFI NETWORK/LAPTOP Using HP Scan and print doctor on my laptop it fails to see my printer but shows a printer on a different IP address nbsp My lap top connects to the apparent same StudentCom wifi network and accesses all other internet services but fails to see my printer nbsp In addition I am using HP instant ink and it appears not to be on any network and so is not monitirong my usage Could there be serveral IP addresses within the same WIFI network given it is a University Halls location nbsp I will appreciate any help ThanksPath

A:IP conflict PRINTER/WIFI NETWORK/LAPTOP

And if you are using the school's network it is very likely the ports needed for internet services on your printer are blocked. In a dormitory room you probably want to print using usb. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/IP-conflict-PRINTER-WIFI-NETWORK-LAPTOP/td-p/5789085
Relevancy 61.06%

So I have wireless internet in my house through an xfinity cable/internet modem. While I was trying to set up my new printer on the wireless network, my wireless stopped working. My computer is showing it has a full signal from my wireless network, however it unable to connect. Also, if I connect my computer via ethernet cable the internet works without a problem. Also, my 3 other roommates can no longer connect to the wireless and nothing was done with their computers. I've tried unplugging the modem and plugging it back in after 30 seconds as recommended, but nothing changed. Please help!

A:Wireless not working after trying to add HP Printer to wifi network

Try turning the wireless printer off and unplug its power cord. If your WIFI comes back it was the printer that is interfering with the router. You will then have to go though the setup again to get everything working. My guess is the printer is using the same IP address that the router wants to use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/207257-wireless-not-working-after-trying-add-hp-printer-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello and thanks for your input nbsp The following find cannot WiFi ... laptop connected network but is Printer to are currently connected to my Huawei router nbsp desktop - via ethernetprinter HP Photosmart Plus B a-m Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... - via wireless LANlaptop HP EliteBook p - via wireless Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... LAN internet working fine nbsp I recently upgraded both the desktop amp laptop to Windows bit from Win I have no problems printing from the desktop however after repeated printer re-installs the laptop is now Printer is connected to WiFi network but laptop cannot find ... unable to detect the printer on my network even when I supply the correct IP address Before the first re-install it said the printer was disconnected at the same time as I was able to print from the desktop nbsp Can you please tell me what's missing or what I need to do to fix this nbsp Thanks again nbsp I have just added the above screenshots showing what happens during installation of the printer on my laptop - at this point I have it connected to the printer via a USB link as instructed It is also on my wireless LAN and to repeat I have no problem using it wirelessly to print from the desktop m c nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Printer-is-connected-to-WiFi-network-but-laptop-cannot-find/td-p/5593125
Relevancy 60.2%

We had FIOS installed on Monday and though all our regular devices connected just fine to it my HP CP nw Color Wifi Laser printer will not I have connect to new printer network Cannot FIOS Verizon wifi the M WR Rev I ActionTec router from Verizon Have run the HP setup utility for the printer numerous times and it only completed the first time But after entering my credentials for the new Cannot connect wifi printer to new Verizon FIOS network network it failed on me And ever since then I cannot get it Cannot connect wifi printer to new Verizon FIOS network to complete the setup It fails on me every time In order to run the setup for wifi I connect a USB cable from my printer to my XPS But no matter it doesn t work Also tried connecting an Ethernet cable from the printer to one of the ports on the router but nothing happened Also looked at my router settings but could see no place to update anything related to the printer So I turn to the tech support guy site because after scouring manuals and HP forums I am no closer to figuring this out and right now my printer is an expensive paperweight Yeah I guess that I could use the USB connection but that doesn t seem to work either All I know is that the printer is giving me a xx address which is not on my subnet It needs to be something Any help is greatly appreciated Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc RG Antivirus Norton Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Cannot connect wifi printer to new Verizon FIOS network

The printer is successfully connecting to the router via neither Wi-Fi nor ethernet and is not connecting successfully to a computer via USB. The common element here seems to be the printer. Suggest you try resetting it to factory defaults and see if that helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-connect-wifi-printer-to-new-verizon-fios-network.1106169/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi all New to Win and have for the past couple of days been searching all over the WWW for answers and solutions to HomeGroup incompatability? wifi and Home Network printer the following I have been on countless discussion boards and HomeGroup and wifi Home Network printer incompatability? tried everything that has been suggested but I am no closer to finding solutions I am the only person in my household with a win computer so I would like to remove my laptop from the automatically generated HomeGroup I sure did not set it up But no matter the suggested fix I end up with the same message Windows could not remove this computer from the Home Group If there has been a suggested fix out there i seem to have tried it No luck My Brother wifi printer has worked just fine with my old laptop my tablet and my smartphone and which shows up in Devices and printers as the default available online printer as well as in my network I have installed and reinstalled the drivers and software times now and gone through all possible configurations and troubleshooting in addition to googling solutions still seems unable to communicate with my laptop Which leads me to the following two questions Are HomeGroup and Home Network wifi printing in conflict with each other And does anyone have any proven recent solutions for how to fix both above described issues Solid leads would be greatly appreciated so that I am able to get some sleep

A:HomeGroup and wifi Home Network printer incompatability?

HomeGroup isn't automatically generated, I have ran my PC without one for 5 years and only recently changed to HomeGroup.

Have you seen this tutorial yet? Homegroup - Leave

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/379122-homegroup-wifi-home-network-printer-incompatability.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi all. I have a laptop in my dorm room about less than block away and I have a very weak signal (1 bar or less) and I want to know if I could be able to hook on the net with the this network. I've gotten about 45,000 packets sent to me when I had 1 bar but none were received. This is probably because the signal is so weak. Is there anyway I can increase the network strength? Maybe I can buy something like a router or antenna or something to make it reach the network. I have no idea, I'm new to this stuff. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

A:Laptop Connection to WIFI Network

Is the WIFI provided by your school, or are you just picking up a signal from somebody's elses router??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-connection-to-wifi-network.382444/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a laptop running vista home premium For some reason the laptop display unidentified network I have macafee antivirus on my laptop But my friends can connect without any ) (wifi network connection Unidentified problems Steps tried BE broadband as me to set the TCP IP address and I have tried that as well but it didnt work I have tried the steps on this website http support microsoft com kb to change in registry I really dont understand why Unidentified network connection (wifi ) this issue is taking place I have added a log file of all the programs on my system please do let me know what can solve the issue Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files McAfee VirusScan Enterprise shstat exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework UdaterUI exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System hkcmd exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LightScribeControlPanel exe C Program Files Creative Creative Live Cam Live Cam Manager CTLCMgr exe C Program Files Creative Shared Files CTSched exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Program Files McAfee Common Framework McTray exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Internet Explorer ieuser exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbarUser exe C Windows system Macromed Flash FlashUtil b exe C Microtend HijackThis exe O - Service RoxMediaDB - Sonic Solutions - C Program Files Common Files Roxio Shared SharedCOM RoxMediaDB exe O - Service stllssvr - MicroVision Development Inc - C Program Files Common Files SureThing Shared stllssvr exe O - Service XAudioService - Conexant Systems Inc - C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe -- End of file - bytes nbsp

Relevancy 59.34%

Hello there!
I am using HCL ME 74 series laptop with win 7 OS 32 bit. recently my OS crashed and I reinstalled the OS. surprisingly there are no netwrok controllers in my device manager. the network adpters give by HCL have been used. But the system is detecting the wifi networks all around but not connecting.
The HCL ME series gives some funny buttons to press: set wifi enable -> Fn+F11, and bluetooth -> fn+F12 . both are enables.
As a typical Indian customer care center the support people are very uninterersted to help (with a lot of laughter and gossip in the background).
request for urgent HELP..... some one....ANYONE PLEASE!!!

A:Wifi network detection and connection

Did you install all of the drivers for your computer?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/190939-wifi-network-detection-connection.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi,
So The Problem is that i changed my SSID on my router because i have created a hotspot by mistake with a same
SSID of my router Wich is named DJAWEB and it was annoying so i changed my router`s SSID To Djaweb it worked fine but i still see the other SSID (DJAWEB) of my computer hot spot and i couldnt remove it or forget it by using the only way wich is(image attached):

so any ideas how to turn off hotspot(network sharing) and remove that annoying SSID from my wifi connection (image attaced):

A:Network Wifi Connection Problem

To manually turn the Hosted Network off, enter the following into an elevated command prompt:

Code:
netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

You can also disable the Msoft virtual WiFi adaptor in Device Manager by going to the View tab then enabling "show hidden devices" you can then right click the virtual adaptor to disable as shown in the pictures.

How to Delete or Forget Wireless Network Profiles in Windows 8.1

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/41450-network-wifi-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi everyone First and foremost I would like to congratulate you on this helpful forum My problem is the following I'm trying to connect my laptop to the Internet using my desktop computer Acer Internet connection My Acer is connected to the internet through a USB quot stick quot normal with no WiFi capabilities I also connected a WiFi Linksys router in order to create a wireless network with the laptop The router has an entry to a phoneline and while having an ADSL connection not so long ago it served me just fine with the same purpose Right now I don't have ADSL unfortunately so the routher cannot connect directly to the Internet So what I am trying to do is have my Acer Internet service quot transmitted quot to the laptop through the WiFi router Can it be done I tried everything I could think of but to no avail I can see the desktop computer in my network when working with the laptop but the Internet is not accessible I understand I have separate USB on a Wifi connection network based connections the USB Internet and the Wifi network based on a USB connection Wifi router I just don't seem to be able to integrate both Both computers have Win Enterprise Bit installed on them Thanks for your help Guy

A:Wifi network based on a USB connection

May I ask, what is this USB "Stick" that allows you to connect to the internet? Is it a USB wireless NIC or a mobile modem with a SIM card inside it?

As for the router I doubt it would work since home routers are designed for ADSL connections only and unless you have a managed router at which you can enter commands into you most likely won't get it to work as a wireless repeater as such.

Does the desktop have a wireless card inside it? There can be software out there in which it can turn your desktop into a wireless router and share its internet connection.

If not then it could be possible to share the connection over an ethernet connection however it is limited to one device at any one time. To do so you will need a crossover cable

Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/298866-wifi-network-based-usb-connection.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am unable to access my own computer's shared folder from other computers in my office network. It's a wifi network and i am able to see my computer in my network places and can open it from my system, but when i open it from other computers it does not open, doesn't even ask for a password. Earlier I used windows 7 and vista wherein i could easily solve this problem but cannot find similar settings in xp. Kindly help.

A:Local network on wifi connection

Intead of mapping open windwows explorer

Type this in the address bar
\\yourComputerName\c$

Hit enter

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/local-network-on-wifi-connection-665413.html
Relevancy 59.34%

IM TRYING TO CONNECT MY PC (JOEJOEJOE) TO MY HOME PC (EOJEOJEOJ) BY WI-FI. PLEASE HELP. (check my profile for my pcs specs.) my home pc is connected by sky broadband with a netgear wireless router. i have installed the adapter and software for the wireless gear. i have searched for available networks bt cnt access my home network. also the asus software keeps on being disabled by itself. i can enable it but it keeps disabling by itself. also i cannot select any of the menus on the softwares start up screen. what do i do next plz help!!!

A:Cannot Network My Pc To Home Pc For Wifi Connection!!!

Rule of thumb..

1. disable the wireless in windows
2. enable the wired in windows
3. if you get conneced on the wired in windows great if not?
4. if you great you're connected then enable the wireless got to 6.
5. if not so great you need to trouble shoot your router to see why it can't see the your PC, make sure DHCP is enabled
6. wait the wireless to connect again if it doesn't connect make sure got to step 5.

Also do this...
click on start
click on run
type: cmd
type: ipconfig /all make sure you don't see the 169.xxx address if you see that then better off rebooting the PC and reseting the router..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cannot-network-my-pc-to-home-pc-for-wifi-connection.85509/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi folks,

I only have a dialup connection at my place, to which i connect through my windows 7 laptop. Now I have several devices at home which i need to connect to internet (like: iPhone, Wii, another laptop and desktop).
I have the usual 100mb/S wireless ethernet adapter in my laptop. So what I had in mind is if it is possible to create a wifi connection from my ethernet, and bridge (or sometihng like that) my ethernet to my dialup, so I can see my dialup connection as a wifi network in my iphone e.g.

The problem is that I have no idea how to do that, or if that is possible in Windows XP. I would really appreciate any help around this.

cheers

A:Building a wifi network using a dialup connection

Hi, to achieve wifi connectivity you would need some sort of ADSL wireless modem/router, since you have dial-up. What is your type, or router type?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/51217-building-wifi-network-using-dialup-connection.html
Relevancy 58.91%

hello!

A couple days ago I might have visited a website to watch sports and there were a lot of ads, one of the ads downloaded something to my laptop. I have deleted this program or whatever that was installed, but now there is an issue. My laptop's wifi connection has been unstable, it would cut in and out. It would also be slower then usual showing messages at the bottom such as "resolving host" or waiting etc. I know it's not the router because i have other laptops and electronics that are doing fine. I have also connected the infected laptop to a different network and it is doing the same thing! 

Can someone help me with this please? Thank you

A:Virus affecting network connection or wifi?

Hello, Welcome to BleepingComputer.I'm nasdaq and will be helping you.If you can please print this topic it will make it easier for you to follow the instructions and complete all of the necessary steps in the order listed.===Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HereDouble-click mbam-setup-2.X.X.XXXX.exe to install the application (X's are the current version number).Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.Once MBAM opens, when it says Your databases are out of date, click the Fix Now button.Click the Settings tab at the top, and then in the left column, select Detections and Protections, and if not already checked place a checkmark in the selection box for Scan for rootkits.Click the Scan tab at the top of the program window, select Threat Scan and click the Scan Now button.If you receive a message that updates are available, click the Update Now button (the update will be downloaded, installed, and the scan will start).The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.If potential threats are detected, ensure that Quarantine is selected as the Action for all the listed items, and click the Apply Actions button.While still on the Scan tab, click the link for View detailed log, and in the window that opens click the Export button, select Text file (*.txt), and save the log to your Desktop.The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can also be viewed by clicking the History tab and then selecting Application Logs.Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts.Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process.If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately.===Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your Desktop.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Click the Report button and the report will open in Notepad.IMPORTANTIf you click the Clean button all items listed in the report will be removed.If you find some false positive items or programs that you wish to keep, Close the AdwCleaner windows.Close all open programs and internet browsers.Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.Click the Scan button and wait for the process to complete.Check off the element(s) you wish to keep.Click on the Clean button follow the prompts.A log file will automatically open after the scan has finished.Please post the content of that log file with your next answer.You can find the log file at C:\AdwCleaner[Sn].txt (n is a number).===Download the correct version of this tool for your operating system.Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (64 bit)Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (32 bit)and save it to a folder on your computer's Desktop.Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.Press Scan button.It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.===Please paste the logs in your next reply DO NOT ATTACH THEM unless specified.Let me know what problem persists.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533366/virus-affecting-network-connection-or-wifi/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have two desktop computers The old How over to up network? WiFi ethernet set preference connection one running Windows XP and the new one running Windows My goal is to set up a shared folder between them so that I can copy large files from XP How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? machine to Win and back Both desktops had ethernet ports so I connected them via a quot How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? patch cord quot ethernet cable I then followed this tutorial to set up the sharing How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network? part https www youtube com watch v BET mYyqZ It works but when I was transfering a GB folder from XP to it took almost hrs to do that So it made me think that ethernet is not that slow is it The thing is that both computers are connected to the same WiFi router for the Internet connection so it seems like the transfer of this large folder was carried out over slower WiFi connection instead of the ethernet cable So my question is how do I make it quot prefer quot or use the ethernet connection for this shared folder

A:How to set up ethernet connection preference over WiFi network?

Quote: Originally Posted by dc2000

Both desktops had ethernet ports, so I connected them via a "patch cord" ethernet cable.

Did you connect a single cable between the two computer?
e.g. one end of the cable connects to one computer
the other end of that same cable connects to the other computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/382620-how-set-up-ethernet-connection-preference-over-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 58.91%

We have been having issues with our wifi connection/internet for about a month. We have gone through replacing both our cable modem and our router. It seemed to start when our cable modem first died, but has still shown a problem even after replacment. I'll be using Safari, mostly playing Pandora and using an online scheduling system, and out of nowhere safari will stop loading, but the wifi connection isn't broken. I've noticed this problem with both Safari and Firefox. Any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-freezes-but-network-still-shows-a-connection.1169735/
Relevancy 58.91%

When I was at someone's house I was trying to get online but her network didn't appear on my list moreover she had a different network that showed up that she said I should use. It asked for a username and password so she had me go into network and sharing center and create a profile for it that let me go online. Now i am at another store and I cannot easily get online. When I connect to WiFi my pages don't load. Is there something I have to remove in that setting I changed to use the wep internet? Posted from my phone cuz I can't view the internet on my pc.

A:no connecting to wifi after making network connection wep

You need to change the WIFI security from Wep to WPA2 or WPA2 PSK.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/72305-no-connecting-wifi-after-making-network-connection-wep.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have the same problem here is my ipconfig file Windows IP Configuration Host Name angie Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter Physical Address A- - -B -CB- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Qualcomm Atheros AR BWB Wireless Network Adapter Physical Address - - -B -CB- F DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe a cfc f e eb Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Friday January PM Lease Expires Saturday January PM Default Gateway DHCP 8 Connection Wifi Problem Network Windows Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - - - - D- - A- A- - A-BE DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Ethernet Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address - A- A- - A-BE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap CCFB - - DBC-B E - B D E B Windows 8 Wifi Network Connection Problem Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Thanks in advance Mark C nbsp

Relevancy 58.91%

I ve been having a strange internet connection for a while Mainly via wifi but also via cable sometimes I have another post of losing the Ethernet adapter once in a while but that seems to fix itself when I manage to reconnect to internet network lose key itself - Wifi connection changes internet through wifi That problem boiled down Wifi network key changes itself - lose internet connection to this quot Incorrect Network Key quot which was what always blocked internet access via wifi When I cannot get connection via wifi I Wifi network key changes itself - lose internet connection run the Diagnose Connection problem in IE I m on XP A couple of times it has told me there s an issue with the Winsock and that it will proceed to reset it But most of the time it tells me the Network Key is incorrect although the wireless connection indicates that I am connected properly and have an excellent signal It prompts me to reenter teh Nw Key in Network Connections When I do the existing NW Key is always different from what it should be It also happens if I just open the Nw Connections panel and check the Wireless Nw properties for my wifi nw What I have entered as a correct key is not what appears It is like it doesn t quot save quot the Nw Key Where I live there are two computers connected My XP and an iMac G along with its own wifi nw for Apple TV etc There are also other wifi nws in the building but all protected Also these are not on my preferred nws list Any ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-network-key-changes-itself-lose-internet-connection.571776/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there I ve been trying to connect a printer from one pc with a router on it to another with a wireless USB device connected to the router network so that when I want to print something I simply press the print button and acording to te configurations that I define It will print all in the same printer but I just can t do it In one pc the connection Printer network one that has the printer connected to I Printer network connection went to the Printers and Faxes section and clicked Printer network connection on sharing on the same printer and activated the quot share this printer quot button On the other pc I now try to Printer network connection find it by going in MS Office Word and opening the print window clicking on the quot find printer quot button but it sais that the directory is unavailable and I just don t understand why If anyone that understood my issue could please help me I would really apreciate nbsp

A:Printer network connection

On the first PC, go to Start -> Run and type cmd /k ipconfig /all and press OK.

Make note of the Host Name and IP Address.

On the second PC, go to Start -> Run and type \\{PC1's Host Name} or \\{PC1's IP Address} if the first one doesn't work. You should then be able to right click on the printer and select Connect. This should add it to your computer so you can print to it as if it were a local printer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/printer-network-connection.784589/
Relevancy 58.05%

How do I instal a printer on a router? now the pc has to be on all day because we can't print from another pc if the pc where the printer is installed on is turned off. is a printer with a network cable connection so it has to be possible i think .

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi.

I have added network printer but other PCs can not detect it. Shall I create home network to have it works (winxp pro sp3)?. My Pcs linked to speedtouch router through cable and wireless for laptop.

Please help.

Regards.

Relevancy 58.05%

Hello there

First time user but I'm seen some very good answers and I'm hoping that someone can help me.

I just bought a new Windows 8 Pro laptop and I'm having problems with the wifi connection. I'll run the troubleshooter, and the troubleshooter will fix the problem but then the problem happens again repeatedly. The connection says that I'm connected to the wifi network, but there's no internet connection. I have another MacBook in the house and it's still running fine with the wifi connection, so I'm sure there's no problem with the wifi network.

Help please?

Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I am connected to one Router. However, when connected wirelessly, I see there is a network name 'MikroTik- Mohammad'. However, when I am connected with a wired cable, I see the network name as 'MikroTik-BCEDB'. As a result, when I am connected wirelessly and via wired cable to the same router, I see two network names, although I am connected to one router. This is strange.

How to merge Ethernet and WiFi connection Network names in one Network name?

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/64481-how-merge-ethernet-wifi-connection-network-names-one-name.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello everyone I first and foremost want to thank everyone here trying to help out those of us that are technologically inept My problem is an unstable internet connection while trying to stream or download content from the internet Our network Wireless router linksys e is connected to the Modem Our main wifi on cascaded network Unstable internet connection desktop is wired directly to Wireless router Wireless router Unstable internet connection on cascaded wifi network belkin is wired directly to wireless router My laptop which is having the connection problem is receiving internet connection from cascaded Unstable internet connection on cascaded wifi network wireless router Symptoms I can connect to the internet just fine but when i try to stream content from youtube for example video will load for the first minute very quickly and then will stop buffering and will not continue to buffer how ever long you leave the page up Similarly when I try to download something I will receive a fast download speed initially - kb s but after a minute of downloading the speed will drop to kb s and then stop downloading entirely Quirk When I turn off the desktop that is connected directly to wireless router I have no problems with my internet connection This problem is only apparent when the main desktop is turned on Thanks again everyone for your help I really do appreciate it nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unstable-internet-connection-on-cascaded-wifi-network.1010807/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,I have an old HP 4100n printer with no usb port how can i connect and use this printer with my laptop using newtork cable directly please step by step procedure

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,157578.0.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi guys, I hope you could help me for setting up a Network Printer for my small office with four (4) PC/Computers with the following details:

1. I dont have an Internet connection.
2. I have a printer with LAN capable

I wonder if I can use a switch, hub or routers but there are plenty of a kind, I don't know what to use and how to use.

Thank you guys for reading my thread, Im looking forward to hear from you guys.

A:How to Set Up a Network Printer for 4 PC without Internet Connection?

Hubs are obsolete technology.

You can use either a switch or a router. A router will be easier to set up but a switch will be cheaper. You'll need a switch or router with at least five ports--one port for each computer and one for the printer.

If you buy a switch you'll need to manually assign an IP address to each PC within one of the non-routable netblocks (192.168.x.x or 10.x.x.x). You'll need to pick an address to use as a default gateway so Windows 7 will recognize the network and allow you to use printer sharing.

If you buy a router, it will assign addresses and a default gateway to your PCs automatically through DHCP.

Follow the manufacturer's instructions to set up the printer, assign it an IP address within the same netblock as your PCs, and install printer drivers on each PC.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/212035-how-set-up-network-printer-4-pc-without-internet-connection.html
Relevancy 57.62%

the office two doors away from mine has a printer connected to one of the two computers there, but the second computer cannot connect to the printer, and both computers are on the network, the printer is shared but, it connects to the printer in my office, so every time we get disturbed by the guy from the next office when there is a printer connected to his colleagues computer we have tried severally to connect him with the printer in his office. any idea why the computer cannot connect to the printer in his office via the network but can connect to the printer in our office via the same network?

Note
We had a laptop in our office too that didnt connect to the printer in our office but could access the network files.

How do i solve the problem and what can i do if i find myself in the situation again

A:Network printer connection problems

what errors does it give you, i mean the computer u r trying to connect?
Pliz tell us so that we can help u out...

Cheers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-printer-connection-problems.111478/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi All I manage printer connection to network Losing a small network of PCs and server running Server We have a network printer connected directly into the network which is shared by all users and is the main printer for the office ie default on all clients A new PC has been added to the network running XP home and there is a really annoying problem I add the network printer via 'Add Printer' in 'Printers and Faxes' and everything works fine the drivers downloads and all programs can print just fine This stays the same for a random amount of time However when the PC has been left for while left overnight rebooted Losing connection to network printer or even looked at funny it decides it cannot connect to this printer as cannot establish a connection It doesnt follow any pattern either sometimes its reboot before it loses connection sometimes Sometimes it works for days sometimes an hour Also when I delete the printer and then add it again it works as it should But not always Sometimes it cannot establish a connection warning box comes up close that try again then it works again With no setting changed in between attempt to add it The server acts as print server and has no problems with any other PCs most have XP pro couple have XP home Checked server settings over and over and cant see anything wrong server side - so Im assuming its the client PC Any help advice is greatly appreciated

A:Losing connection to network printer

Even if someone could point me in the right direction, or give me some kind of idea what I need to check, that would be great. Im still having the same problem and cannot seem to solve it.

Its very frustrating to say the least.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/losing-connection-to-network-printer-406495.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I am trying to connect to the WiFi network provided by my hotel relocating for work will be using this connection for weeks I have a Belkin G Wireless USB adapter attached to my XP machine and it recognizes acquires USB no content/connection but connects WiFi to Network, internet adapter address and reports an quot excellent quot connection to the WiFi Network No further data is received from the network despite this connection The Belkin adapter interface warning message states quot There is no connection to the internet USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection quot despite being connected to the network I know the network is operational I can download content onto my iPhone I use IPCONFIG and attempt to ping my default gateway but get quot request timed out quot In addition the device manager has no problem with USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection the wireless adapter quot working properly quot with no warning flags So basically I ve narrowed it down to some setting on my computer since the network is working via iPhone and the adapter is working connected excellent strength no problem in device manager Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:USB adapter connects to WiFi Network, but no internet content/connection

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-adapter-connects-to-wifi-network-but-no-internet-content-connection.713967/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey there Okay so where i go to school there is about network troubles, on computers connection School wifi no some Solved: students and its in one large square block building and there is atleast - routers in the building When connecting Solved: School wifi network troubles, no connection on some computers to the internet in some parts of the building the internet is fine like in most classrooms but when in the very big hall there seems to be little or no connection and my computer jumps on off all the time making it hard to study I have an Acer Aspire Timeline-X and i never have network problems apart from this my main concern was that it was that the routers output is bad but other computers mainly MacBooks - about - at my school have no problems at all gaining internet connection whether in the classrooms or in the hall Anyone have an explanation for this and are there any ways or tweeks to gain or ensure a better connection or isolating a connection any help would be much appreciated - S E S nbsp

A:Solved: School wifi network troubles, no connection on some computers

heyya s.e.s, welcome to TSG.

Seeing how this is a school, chances are high we are not going to be able to do too many tweaks at all. Have you contacted the school's IT department yet?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-school-wifi-network-troubles-no-connection-on-some-computers.1086683/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an HP desktop running Windows XP Pro and I network to an HP notebook through a wireless router.

I recently purchased a Gateway Laptop with windows 7 Home Premium. It found my wireless router immediately and I was able to get on the net. It also found my HP desktop so I could share files.

The problem I am having is with my network printer. It is an older epson stylus photo r320. Epson says that windows 7 has a driver for this printer and if I plug the printer directly into the laptop using the usb connection wiindows 7 finds the printer no problem. If I try and have windows 7 locate the printer on the network it can't find it.

Has anyone had or solved this problem.

Beeper

A:wireless network printer connection problem

Silly Question but Have you Shared it on the XP Pro. Also XP Pro may not have the correct Drivers for the printer. Also go here Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Devices and Printers and see if its there, I just went there and a printer thats installed on a Laptop that is here for a few days Just turned up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/184984-wireless-network-printer-connection-problem.html
Relevancy 56.76%

My wireless network printer is connected to network during initial start and works great by all PC’s, but after inactivity for however long the printer is not recognized by the PC’s on the same network giving an error “Printer is not Online”. A print out of the “Network Connection Test” from the printer shows that it is connected to the correct network and has a valid IP address. The current work around is to restart the printer (Full Restart) in order for the PC’s to print. Or than any other solutions? Thanks!!!

Relevancy 56.76%

I have previously set up a wireless printer on my network which contains three Pc's and the wirless printer. All was fine until today when, due to some connection issues and speed of network, I changed the name of my network router as well as the channel it is on. Since doing that the wireless printer will not print. Do I need to reinstall in or how can I get the printer to reconect to the new network?

A:wireless printer lost connection to network

You get it to connect to the new network the same way you got it to connect to the previous one.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-printer-lost-connection-to-network.963349/
Relevancy 56.76%

I had successfully set up a wireless printer and it has been working fine until today. I had to change the name of my wireless network as well as change the channel. Now the printer connection to the network has been lost. How do I regain it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-printer-lost-connection-to-network.963348/
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an acer aspire 4530 using windows 7 and from a week ago Im having problems with the Atheros AR5B91 Wireles Network Adapter. It detects my network with an average signal, but when I try to connect, an error message is displayed saying that It was unable to connect. I tried almost everything: reinstalled the adapter, updated to the newest driver from: http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=28&system=5
I can connect to the network via ethernet cable; and also I have another laptop and it gets connected to the same network via wifi without problem. Im starting to think it could be a hardware issue, but it that were true I think the computer wouldnt detect the wireless adapter.
If someone could help me I would aprecciate it.
BTW: forgive my english.

A:Wifi connection problem with Atheros AR5B91 Wireless Network Adapter

First make sure you have the latest wireless driver from Acer's web site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-connection-problem-with-atheros-ar5b91-wireless-network-adapter.1052864/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi My computer has recently randomly- Ralink card wifi connection Notebook network drops started to drop the WiFi connection reconnect after a while and at times not even detect my WiFi connection for a while Then repeats the process for no apparent reason I'm not sure when exactly thus problem Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card started as I Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card had been using Ethernet cable up until last week I am certain that this is not related to my router as - other devices in my house can access the internet perfectly fine I have tried doing a power cycle of the router restarting the notebook re-installing updating drivers and cmd ipocnfig refresh and other commands along those lines My notebook model is the hp pavilion tx- windows bit intel I gb ram and uses a ralink RT network card Ps the problem appears to be alright if I use older versions of the driver have tried and the default one which came with the notebook which is older than it however I would prefer not to have to use the older versions as task manager says that its link speed is only mbps whereas versions would show mbps Thankyou in advance

A:Notebook drops wifi connection randomly- Ralink network card

It sounds to me like a signal problem. A competing signal drowning out your wireless signal can cause these kinds of random losses.

To test for this try this program:
inSSIDer for Home – Discover The Wi-Fi Around You | MetaGeek
It will tell you if you have a stronger signal in your area that is interfering with the channel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/289010-notebook-drops-wifi-connection-randomly-ralink-network-card.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I am using Win I have an xbox connected to the pc via powerline adapters am sharing my video library and internet connection using internet connection sharing by bridging my lan and wifi connections When I am connected to my apartment s free wifi SSID Tenant Wifi the xbox can share the internet connection and access the videos and music on my pc just fine I am now trying to connect to a different wifi signal xfinitywifi When I connect the pc can use the internet through the xfinitywifi just fine but my loses connection to both the wifi and the pc in general No music no videos no netflix When I switch back to Tenant Wifi everything works normally again I have tried rebooting everything pc and powerline adapters I have tried going into the network settings and disabling the lan port wifi adapter and network bridge then re-enabling them again None of this works Any ideas Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me nbsp

A:Solved: Network bridge stops working when I make a different wifi connection?

using internet connection sharing by bridging my lan and wifi connections. Click to expand...

I thought that it was impossible to use ICS and bridge the connections at the same time. You must have found some special case that works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-network-bridge-stops-working-when-i-make-a-different-wifi-connection.1151765/
Relevancy 56.76%

Dear all laptop Lenovo X s G L OS version windows Vista business Sp tcpip sys version wifi Intel AGN Standard Gigabyte intel ethernet MM At my homes using ADSL routers there are absolutely no problems with network connection by network BSOD related wifi/ Vista in ethernet Tcpip.sys either at connection wifi or ethernet However blue screen occurs when I bring this laptop to university and connect to the network via either ethernet or wifi This happened to me a few months back It crashed EVERY TIME when a network connection was attempted It did not matter whether I updated my drivers on both wifi or ethernet cards Whenever I bring it to either of my homes no blue screen ever occurs It also happens when I attempt to connect to free wifi network in the airport It crashes again with EXACTLY Tcpip.sys related BSOD in Vista at either wifi/ ethernet network connection the same problem I have to admit that I do not even where to start looking for the problems System restore did not solve this either I ran the WinBug analysis It pointed towards tcpip sys My sys ver is at the top of this message I have now attached minidump for your kinda reference Tcpip.sys related BSOD in Vista at either wifi/ ethernet network connection Would appreciate if someone can point this to the right direction I am seriously thinking of downgrading this to XP since it had NEVER happened to XP Thanks WinBuG analysis Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users vincentyip Desktop Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols Symbol information Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre vistasp gdr - Kernel base x b PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Sat Jan GMT Tcpip.sys related BSOD in Vista at either wifi/ ethernet network connection System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F d Unable to load image dne sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for dne sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dne sys Unable to load image Epfwndis sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for Epfwndis sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Epfwndis sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for epfw sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for epfw sys Probably caused by tcpip sys tcpip WfpAuditEventGeneral cb Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP M f This means a trap occurred in kernel mode and it's a trap of a kind that the kernel isn't allowed to have catch bound trap or that is always instant death double fault The first number in the bugcheck params is the number of the trap double fault etc Consult an Intel x family manual to learn more about what these traps are Here is a portion of those codes If kv shows a taskGate use tss on the part before the colon then kv Else if kv shows a trapframe use trap on that value Else trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken on x this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap Endif kb will then show the corrected stack Arguments Arg EXCEPTION DOUBLE FAULT Arg d Arg Arg Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x f CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID COMMON SYSTEM FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from a c da to f c STACK TEXT cf a c da cf nt SeReportSecurityEventWithSubCategory xe cf c a cb f cf dc a d tcpip WfpAuditEventGeneral x cb cf a d cf cf tcpip KfdAuditEvent x cf dc a c cf e cf tcpip IndicateDropAudit x ac cf e a cddb c d cf e tcpip ShimIndicateDiscard x e cf c a b c cf e cf tcpip ShimIndicateDiscardGeneral x cf f a tcpip Wf... Read more

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/204686-tcpip-sys-related-bsod-vista-either-wifi-ethernet-network-connection.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello, I have a network problem with my HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 3525. The printer uses the WI-FI router to work. USB is out of the question since I lost the cable a long time ago and other USB slots are occupied.

The problem is, I changed my ISP about a week ago and the printer stopped working. My guess is that it doesn't work because the IP Address changed and now I have to manually configure it, which I cannot figure out. I tried and had no luck.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get it to work?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question. I share my home network with a few persons. Yesterday I noticed it was possible for them and me to initiate the Remote Desktop Connection and wanted to ask you if it is possible to completely disable that option. Just to be completely sure.

Thank you.

A:HP printer, network problem & Remote Desktop Connection

See this tutorial for remote desktop. Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) - Network

Please try this tutorial for network printer set up. Install a Network Printer in Windows 7 / Vista | Michael Smith Laboratories

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/399455-hp-printer-network-problem-remote-desktop-connection.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I ve got a terrible problem with my new laptop running Vista -bit version and my network printer at work The printer is an old combo Konica Minolta di Unfortunately it s no longer supported and there are no drivers for the -bit Vista although I ve seen the -bit ones but don printer connection 64 Network wireless Vista problem via and t know if the work The printer is connected to the network by a printer router - D-Link DP- P And via this device s wireless the printer is connected to other computers at my workplace Network printer via wireless and Vista 64 connection problem When I had my old notebook running Win XP Pro there was no problem with connecting to the printer Everything was done automatically - the drivers were downloaded and configured and the printer was ready almost immediately But with my new notebook running Vista -bit something is very wrong I see my router in the Network connections And I am able to connect to it and browse to the printer icon But when I try to connect to the printer itself I get an error message quot Windows cannot connect to the printer Make sure that you have typed the name correctly and that the printer is connected to network quot Don t know what is the root of this problem The driver But I didn t even have a chance to select one It looks like it just can t connect to the printer Is there a way to get around this problem Even without the Vista -bit printer drivers We ve got a PC here that runs all the time on Win XP Maybe there is a way that I could connect to this PC and order my printing task via its Win XP Or is this just my fantasy that this kind of thing is possible I would be very grateful for all your tips and advice Thanks in advance and sorry for my English I m not a native speaker nbsp

A:Network printer via wireless and Vista 64 connection problem

Try the Vista32 driver

Hi Zyrreh

Personally I would try to install the 32 bit driver application. Microsoft say they support 32 bit applications as a fallback. And then I would create a Standard TCP/IP port to the printer. If it complains you could go into port properties and put it on LPR with portname "print", enable byte counting and disable SNMP bidirectional comunication.

The printer you have is a GDI which means it uses the computer to create the image. Unless you have the optional PCL controller. In that case you could use just about any PCL driver.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-printer-via-wireless-and-vista-64-connection-problem.125998/
Relevancy 56.33%

Whenever I change the password on my desktop, the wireless laptop can no longer print to the USB printer that's on the desktop PC. I have to delete the printer icon on the laptop and create a new one. Is this normal and expected or is there a way around this? I had the printer on a network server once but it quit working so I just plugged it back into the PC.

thanks...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-laptop-loses-network-printer-connection.994282/
Relevancy 56.33%

Installed a Dell 3110cn on our Windows Server 2003 network. Everyday it was going offline. After taking a great deal of time installing this printer over and over, we then installed the printer on a PC and used the PC as a print server. Everyday, the printer goes offline and have to restart the PC in order for print jobs to print. Have to do this 2-3 times per day for our users. This is becoming a hassle and only happens with this Dell printer. I am wondering if the printer driver needs to be updated or if there is an idle problem. Any help on this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 56.33%

I am a user in a remote office that connects to our main Office with Cisco VPN clients. We have two computer on our LAN network that do not see the network printers when connected to VPN. When not connected to the VPN, both users can see and print to the networked printers.

I have found in the VPN client that there is a section that states: Allow local LAN access. This is checked, but does not make a difference. We are using Microsoft Remote Desktop and the printers option in the local resources tab is checked. The users are Windows XP pro sp2. We have tested with firewalls disabled, which has not worked.

Anything else I can look at or change?

A:Client VPN connection to Windows Network printer Problem

We have a VPN connection to our main office through a Cisco Client (Version 5.0.00.0340) and Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection. The problem is we have two computers that cannot see our local printer in the printer dropdown box when connected to our main office's Terminal Server. Two other computers can see the local printers when connected. Our main office is telling us we are the only client having this problem. We are using Microsoft Windows XP 2002 Service Pack 2 on all the computers in question. On the Transport tab in Cisco Client, "Allow Local LAN Access" is checked. On the Local Resources Tab in Remote Desktop Connection, Printers is checked. We're on a Novell Network using NDPS printing service. The problem occurred within the last couple of weeks--before that, both of the problem computers could see the printer. Neither we nor our main office can think of anything that changed around the time the problem occurred. We've tried the Microsoft solution in article 302361 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=302361) with no success. We've tested the problem with File and Print Sharing both off and on. Tried it with the firewall completely turned off. Tried it with the printer shared. Any ideas would be appreciated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/client-vpn-connection-to-windows-network-printer-problem-229800.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I recently lost connection to the internet & I am unable to print to a network printer in my office on one of the workstations. I have tried microsoft troubleshooting but still no luck. Any suggestions?

A:Lost Internet connection & cannot print to network printer

Please supply the following info, exact make and models of the equipment please.

Name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
Make and exact model of the broadband modem.
Make and exact model and hardware version of the router (if a separate unit).
Make and exact model and hardware version of any other network equipment, like a repeater, a booster, hi-gain antenna, etc.
Model numbers can usually be obtained from the label on the device.
Connection type, wired or wireless.
If wireless, encryption used, (none, WEP, WPA, or WPA2)
Version and patch level of Windows on all affected machines, i.e. XP (Home or Pro), SP1-SP2-SP3, Vista (Home, Business, Ultimate), etc.
The Internet Browser in use, IE, Firefox, Opera, etc.

Please give an exact description of your problem symptoms, including the exact text of any error messages.

If you're using a wireless connection, have you tried a direct connection with a cable to see if that changes the symptoms?
For wireless issues, have you disabled all encryption on the router to see if you can connect that way?
For wired connection issues, have you booted in Safe Mode with Networking to see if that changes the symptoms?
Have you connected directly to the broadband modem to see if this is a router or modem/ISP issue?
If there are other computers on the same network, are they experiencing the same issue, or do they function normally?

On any affected computer, I'd also like to see this:

Hold the Windows key and press R, then type CMD (COMMAND for W98/WME) to open a command prompt:

Type the following commands on separate lines, following each one with the Enter key:

PING 74.125.45.100

PING yahoo.com

NBTSTAT -n

IPCONFIG /ALL

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If you are on a machine with no network connection, use a floppy, USB disk, or a CD-RW disk to transfer a text file with the information to allow pasting it here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-internet-connection-cannot-print-to-network-printer.863209/
Relevancy 56.33%

I have 3 computers that are connected to internet and are also connected to network printer. I have another computer that has financial data. In order to prevent any copying, I want to turnoff internet and block all USB ports on this 4th computer but still want to allow user to print on the network printer.
Printer has only one port for installing Ethernet connection and I do not require wireless printing for any of my computer.

Thanks in advance for your help

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/60797-connecting-computer-no-internet-connection-network-printer.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Help please?

I have recently moved to a rented property and have had fibre broadband installed. The hub is next to the modem which had to be placed at the main telecom entry point to the house. This means that the hub and modem are in the sitting room. I want to have my printer upstairs but do not wish to run a cable all the way from the hub to the printer. I do have a couple of old wireless hubs - a Belkin and a 2-Wire. Would it be possible to put one of these upstairs hardwired to the printer and configure one of these to pick up the wireless signal from the new hub? Or am I mad??

A:Using a router to create connection from a wireless network to a wired printer

Hey winkent. I see a need for more info.

Is your "modem" a combo modem/router, and if so, is it a wireless model?
How many pc's are being used and how do they connect, wired or wirelessly?
Is this printer a network printer (has an Ethernet jack)?
Are these hubs or are they switches?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-a-router-to-create-connection-from-a-wireless-network-to-a-wired-printer.192877/
Relevancy 55.9%

The title might be a little misleading. I connected a new HP multi-function printer to my wireless router via a wired connection. I followed the instructions and the printer is working fine. The problem is a very short time later my phone, laptop and Wii were disconnected from the wireless network and will not reconnect. Wii support says that a connection cannot be established because the router will not assign an IP address to it.Prior to connecting the printer, I've never had any problems connecting via a wireless connection with as many devices as I could possibly connect to it (phones, laptops, iPods, etc). There's also been a desktop connected to the router via wire prior to and after the printer was connected.
Any suggestions?

Relevancy 55.9%

I know how to enable/disable a firewall through command line. But how do I do the same for Files and Printer sharing on a network connection through cmd. This is for an xp workstation(s).

Thank you for your help.

A:Disabling/Enabling 'File and Printer Sharing' on a Network Connection through cmd

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/disabling-enabling-file-and-printer-sharing-on-a-network-connection-through-cmd.731424/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi there,

My Canon MG 6120 printer used to work with all the computers in the house wirelessly. On upgrading the wifi modem, it is no longer recognised.

How do I get it to be recognised again?

Many thanks, Tony (using Win 10 64 bit on Gateway NV79 c0mputer)

A:Changed Wifi modem and cannot start wifi Printer

Canon PIXMA MG6120 Wireless Photo All-In-One Printer

Select Wireless Help, then select Re-establishing Printer Connection After A Network Change?.

The manual will download and appear in .PDF format so you can read it.

The information and diagrams you need will be there.

Note: You need to have Adobe Reader or some other PDF reader installed first, in order for the manual to load and be read.

--------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/changed-wifi-modem-and-cannot-start-wifi-printer.1156599/
Relevancy 51.6%

So basically - as the subject says - 
Having a brand new Dell XPS 15 9550
with most recent Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac drivers
cmd command "netsh wlan show drivers"
shows that current driver does not support hosted network,
meaning, that i am unable, for example, to share my ethernet internet connection Over wifi to other devices - i am unable to make my laptop a hotspot.
Which is ridiculous in 2016 and for a laptop of this level and is basically a prerequisite to be Windows 10 approved.
So my question is DELL, what the ***? When do we get normal drivers?
Anybody has the same issue - knows the workaround? Thanks.
I could not have expected that 2000$ laptop would not be able to do that. this is soul crushing.

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 - Dell Wireless 1830 802.11ac - Hosted network supported : No - cannot share Ethernet connection over WiFi

same here. :( XPS 13 9350..

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19674915
Relevancy 50.74%

I've had experience this problem for a while now on my newly built windows rig Every few hours my Wifi simply stops working the connection is lost Sometimes it reconnects after a minute or so Most of the time I would need to manually disable enable the wifi adapter in my Network Settings to get it back up again It happened with a relatively expensive adapter that I bought not to long ago - Netgear A USB dual-band wifi adapter I found 2 hours (tested adapters) loses connection wifi on every Wifi diff few a thread about this issue here I've not been able to resolve it with any of the tips provided including downloading a generic rd party Mediatek driver I've used this same adapter without Wifi loses connection every few hours (tested on 2 diff wifi adapters) this problem on my older Win machine I thought maybe this adapter quot went bad quot So I tried to replace this adapter with an older Wifi adapter made by Rosewill using older Rosewill drivers The same issue occurs Again this Rosewill adapter worked perfectly in my Win system So I have a hunch the problem is Windows itself Does it not place nicely with existing or older wifi adapters on the market Would I need to buy a new adapter specifically certified for Windows Anyone have any insights on this would be greatly appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/53944-wifi-loses-connection-every-few-hours-tested-2-diff-wifi-adapters.html
Relevancy 50.74%

guys i have a strange problem with my WiFi lately
yesterday the my laptop lost the connection to my WiFi modem and when i tried to search it my laptop not find any WiFi modem but the other device such as: my smartphone detect it normally. but after that, i tried windows troubleshooting and it found that "you've lost your internet connect" and suggest some way to solve this problem, i followed the instruction and voila, my internet connection appear again but next 4 hours, it's dead again, i went to troubleshooting and it worked fine again.
so guys please help me to solve this annoying problem...
thanks before

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-suddenly-lost-wifi-connection-and-cant-detect-wifi.1108989/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I have purchased hp-15-ba025au yesterday. After installing Windows 10 64 bit, I found that wifi is missing.  I am not seeing Wifi under device manager. Though I can see bluetooth. I am seeing one "Network Controller" under "Other devices". Not sure if it would help. Cheers,Dharmender 

Solved!
View Solution.

A:hp-15-ba025au wifi adapter and wifi connection missing

Hi: The parts list for your notebook indicates it comes with a Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter. http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=X5Q25PA Below are the links to the wireless and bluetooth drivers you need for that model wlan card... This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek RTL8723BE/RTL8188EE wireless LAN Controller in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75613.exe This package contains the driver installation package for the Realtek Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. File name: sp75614.exe

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/hp-15-ba025au-wifi-adapter-and-wifi-connection-missing/td-p/5693227
Relevancy 50.31%

Although I am connected to our but No 13 ... internet Wifi Wifi on via Folio laptop connection wireless network on the Folio there is no internet connection I can however connect to the internet via Wifi on two other household laptops both of them HP so I believe the problem is with the Folio itself I can also connect to other computers on the network on the Folio but something is preventing it from getting on the internet I can only get the internet via hardwired ethernet connection on the Folio I have tried the following fixes multiple times No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... without success nbsp -Run the Windows troubleshooter for Internet Network It says the connection between your access point router or cable modem and the internet is broken But not on other wifi computers here--works fine -Reboot Reset the modem -Disable Renable the wifi adapter Intel Centrino Wireless N -Update wifi No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... adapter driver it says driver is up to date -Uninstall reinstall wifi adapter-Remove Wifi Network from list of available networks reboot add this network back in-Roll back all No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ... Windows updates from the past month-Searched self-help forums for a possible solution nbsp And yes the wifi keyboard light is blue not orange nbsp Can someone help please

A:No internet connection on Folio 13 laptop via Wifi but Wifi ...

Hi A visual reference point... From your description the fault is either with an app or hardware issue.  But if you follow the paths you may actually find the correct resolution. AAND I doubt I can can come up with anything new, but confirmation of the settings from your description, may help me to. So as an administrator, in a Command Prompt window (or copy and paste the whole netfixer.bat) short version... C:\WINDOWS\system32>getmacPhysical Address    Transport Name=================== ============================================48-E2-44-54-66-27   \Device\Tcpip_{F5FF31F1-C343-42B0-B6A9-BD17E49ED64C}B0-5A-DA-DE-84-28   Media disconnected48-E2-44-54-66-28   Media disconnected 1x Wi-FI, 1 x B/Tooth & 1 x Ethernet ----------------------------------------C:\WINDOWS\system32>netsh wlan show interfacesThere is 1 interface on the system:    Name                   : WiFi 2    Description            : Realtek RTL8723BE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter    GUID                   : f5ff31f1-c343-42b0-b6a9-bd17e49ed64c    Physical address       : 48:e2:44:54:66:27    State                  : connected    SSID                   : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX    BSSID                  : 10:0d:7f:cf:2b:da    Network type           : Infrastructure    Radio type             : 802.11n    Authentication         : WPA2-Personal    Cipher                 : CCMP    Connection mode        : Auto Connect    Channel                : 11    Receive rate (Mbps)    : 72    Transmit rate (Mbps)   : 72    Signal                 : 87%    Profile                : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-----------------------------------------------------------You can swap interfaces for drivers and settings, if you so choose. ------------------------------------------------------------- :: NetFixer.bat, Copy, Paste & Save As...:: Use a text editor (Notepad). Then edit:: the file, EG-Remove the :: in front of:: ::ipconfig -all >>IP.txt to make a txt:: file called IP.txt to read thru later.:: Run as Administrator for best outcome.@ECHO THIS MAY HELP TO REPAIR / RECTIFY,@ECHO VERY, SIMPLE NETWORK DIFFICULTIES.@ECHO...................................@ECHO THE RESULTS MAY VARY ACCORDING [email protected] YOUR CONFIGURATION AND USER LEVEL.@ECHO A RE-BOOT MUST BE DONE AFTER [email protected] SOME OF THE CHECKS OPTIONED BELOW.@ECHO....................................:[email protected] TYPE IN YOUR PREFERRED MENU [email protected]...................................@ECHO.@ECHO 0 - PING_LO Ping test to [email protected] 1 - PING_MS Ping test to [email protected] 2 - GET_MAC Obtain MAC address(es)@ECHO 3 - GET_IPs Lists all IP [email protected] 4 - IP... Read more

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-internet-connection-on-Folio-13-laptop-via-Wifi-but-Wifi/td-p/5613506
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there

This USB Wifi adapter seems to be a MEGA performer --Lovely finally to be able to THINK of getting rid of LAN cables all over the place.

I've no probs with decent HD Movie streaming from a SERVER with one of these (I unplugged the LAN and inserted the USB Wifi adapter into a USB3 slot --note this needs genuine USB3 to work at proper speed). My Home router can deliver 802.11ac so no probs there.

Brilliant piece of kit and NO MORE CABLES !!!!!!. Wifi will soon be able to deliver comparable speeds to LAN especially for HOME networks. !!!

Here's the UK Link but is available in US and Europe. In any case it's delivered (in my case) by Amazon S.A.R.L (Luxembourg) so no tax !!!. even though I ordered from UK web site --they will ship outside UK tax free.

USB-AC56 | Networking | ASUS UK

Cheers
jimbo

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/38950-finally-can-retire-wired-network-wifi-usb-ac56-wifi-802-11ac.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi I have a new Aspire ES ES - -P C with Windows I can connect to my wifi-router 13 - connection Wifi unstable / Wifi Es ran... Aspire and access the internet but the connection randomly drops after a couple of minutes I can Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran... reconnect sometimes after running the windows troubleshooter The wifi-chip is a broadcom BCM It seems that there's an issue with the driver and or Windows Wifi works perfectly on Ubuntu-Linux booted from USB nbsp Here's what I've already tried - reboot of router- turn off all the energy-saving stuff in the device-manager- uninstall old drivers- install new drivers from the Acer site- install all windows updates- install driver in compatibility-mode windows - reset windows delete everything and reinstall windows from recovery nbsp The question really is if this is a known problem with the driver or the OS If so then I could install Windows But I'm very close to sending the laptop back because I really don't want to waste my time nbsp fixing a newly bought preconfigured laptop nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Aspire Es 13 - unstable Wifi connection / Wifi ran...

I had similar problem with ES15.  It started by dropping wifi after about one hour of use, then got worse...Also was plagued with the infamous "red x" over the network icon down in tray at bottom. After slight improvement when I updated the firmware (it was out of date), problem degraded to point that I could not connect at all, even with re-booting. Finally, even no internet with ethernet!   Problem finally solved by doing the following: press "control/alt/delete" all at once, select "Task Manager",click "Services Tab" at top, click "status" tab on line just below the tabs: this will re-sort the services alphabetically together according to their status's (ie running, stopped)...click again on status until all the services in the top  of the list you are seeing all say "stopped". Carefully begin going down the list top to end of services that are stopped, any stopped service that contains a reference to network, connection, connectivity, discovery,x-box,wireless, LAN, WAN, homegroup,:click on it (memorize the service name), right click on it: select "open services" find that service in the alphabetical list,(notice the descriptions here are very detailed now) RIGHT CLICK IT, select "Properties" select "Start", If startup type is not "Automatic", select "Automatic", click apply. Go back to the previous services page, continue down the list from previous service (that you just changed) and find the next one, repeat above steps. It may be faster to make a handwrite a list of all the stopped services as described above, then open the more in depth services page where you can then make the services automatic and start them one after the other. I did this to about 20 services, then rebooted and have never had a problem connecting with wifi or ehternet again! (and never getting the red x anymore either).  This method was used well after live tech support chat with Acer tech support. I wish I could offer a specific service that actually was the culprit, but I was so frustrated by the time I finally tried this, I had lost the patience to deal with documenting the changed services. Once it's fixed you can always go back and turn off services back to manual, but If I did that I would immediately make sure it has not degraded my wifi connectivity before continuing with more! Hope this helps, 'cause I'm Lovin' it! (I am seeing wifi's all around my house I never saw before!)Good luck....Ron   

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Aspire-Es-13-unstable-Wifi-connection-Wifi-randomly-disconnects/td-p/394267
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help.............. 

Relevancy 48.16%

A few day before the wifi disappers, my laptop had started to lag every few seconds. I tried to find a solution for this problem, but it was of no avail. After the last time I restarted it, it did not recognize any wifi or network. the upper keys have all stopped working, and the screen has become very bright. Moreover, troubleshooting does not recognize any problem.I'd appreciate any help.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/My-wifi-has-completely-disappeard-and-no-network-or-wifi/td-p/5845674
Relevancy 48.16%

My laptop is "HP G62 Notebook PC". It was working fine with Wifi last three years. Now, although the wifi network is detected it is not connecting...when I select the Wifi network and enter the wifi password it is not connected.. tried changing "roaming sensitivity" setting too..but not successful..........reinstalled the driver (ralink RT3090 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter) too, but not working.....Internet is working using the LAN cable......Please help..............I REINSTALED WINDOWS AND THE WIFI RECOGNIZED ITSELF AS WIFI A/B/G BUT THE SAME HAPPENED I PUT DRIVES FROM HP BUT NOTHING HAPENED THE SAME PROBLEM AGAIN DOES IT HAS DATE OFF EXPIRE? WIFI CARD ID IN BIOS IS VQF-RT3090BCT HP S.............. AGAIN  

A:HP G62 Notebook Wifi not connecting although wifi network de...

Hi, You have a couple of options as I see it please try these steps might help you to fix your issue. 1) Disconnect the Battery & Adapter then press & hold the power button on Notebook for 30 seconds then turn on the unit and check if the Wireless light turns on. 2) Go to Device manager then uninstall the wireless drivers and restart the unit and check if the light turns on. 3) Please update the Bios & Wireless driver from HP website. 4) If you are comfortable reseating the wireless card which will be on the back panel off your unit you could try this steps as well.  Let us know how it goes!  ****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****

I am an HP Employee.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/HP-G62-Notebook-Wifi-not-connecting-although-wifi-network/td-p/5774759
Relevancy 47.73%

(I cannot run the utility because I am unable to get online at all. Currently using my iPhone)

Recently switched to Comcast ISP and although my computer shows that my wifi is connected, I cannot get online . If I restart my laptop it may get me connected for a few minutes at the most then it will say "webpage not available"

Also when I connect to google chrome it is now giving me three windows, search conduit, search ask and default search .dont know why that is happening either .

Help! Not tech savy at all (clearly!)

Relevancy 47.73%

Dear all I generally have good WiFI connection but in two rooms so I am running a TP-Link system for Wifi through my powernet which provides me with WiFI in our working space No problems here I have been noticing that on my laptop when I sit in the living space my internet connection is dropping WITHOUT randomly dropping WiFi connection through connection Internet losing connection to the WiFi network This makes me reset my adapter but mostly without succes Sometimes it spontaneously regains internet connectivity This happens at random to Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection me My cell phone doesn't have the same problem Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection nor does my Internet connection randomly dropping through WiFi connection GF's computer I notice that when i go back to the workspace where wifi is distributed through my TP-link more often then not I instantly regain connection Which makes me think this is a problem of IP adress that is different when switching from Wifi through router and Wifi through TP-link Here is the runout for my ipconfig all and Output for 'netsh wlan show all' Windows IP Configuration docx Regards Robin

http://www.tenforums.com/network-sharing/57254-internet-connection-randomly-dropping-through-wifi-connection.html
Relevancy 47.73%

I have my LAN setup:
ADSL modem ->Router->Compute*r A , Computer B (wireless)

My laptop connects fine... but all of a sudden it just stops connecting to the internet. However the connection has a strong signal and still says it is connected...but it just lags and doesnt connect. Then it'll come back for little while. Sometimes I'll repair the wireless connection and it works again but only for a few minutes.

But here's a spooky thing....all this doesn't happen when i unplug my AC! that's right I'll have it plugged in to the power outlet, and wifi comes and goes...as soon as i unplug it and it runs on battery...the internet works fine...yikes

A:Solved: wifi connection coming and going..but LAN connection is fine

I can't see your exact positioning, but it sounds like you need to move your "brick" so that it is not interfering with the wireless signal when plugged in. When I forget, and start getting the same thing, I move mine at least a foot away from the wireless adaptor and out of the path to the router.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-wifi-connection-coming-and-going-but-lan-connection-is-fine.419751/
Relevancy 47.3%

Dear concern, Good day I recently setup my laptop (HP Notebook - 14-ac037tu)  in windows 7 but it is not connecting with my wifi network. And it is also not working even after connecting with broadband network. So many hard ware is not installing drivers because I cant find them anywhere.Please give me solution. here is a view of the problem:   Thank you,Ahsan   

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/No-wifi-connection-and-no-wifi-driver/td-p/5635294
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi, I have installed Windows 10 Home within the last 3-4 months and I have been experiencing several issues. The one of concern is connecting to certain wifi networks. I am able to connect to my hotspot on my phone and certain wireless routers but I am unable to connect my home 5g router, well the 2g connection.I have tried using the following links to solve the problem:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connect...and https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-T400-T500-and-newer-T/WiFi-problem-No-internet-DNS-Not-working...  (namely the "ipconfig /flushdns" cmd, which did get the connection to come with 'connected, secured', however I was still unable to use the browser.) I have removed any vpn that I have been using and have updated by network driver via the device manager > network adapter > Intel(R) Wireless - N7260 > update driver software route have made no progress. Can anyone offer any assistance?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-2-Pro-Wifi-connection-dropped-connection-slow-performance/td-p/3385767
Relevancy 46.87%

My hp laptop will no longer connect to the internet thru both a wifi connection or cable connection. I've also tried to do a system restore to an earlier date and it will not let mme do this either. HELP!!!

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a iMac and I have installed Windows7 using Bootcamp v4.0.

When I use the computer on MacOS X I am able to connect to the Wireless Connection named ([email protected]), also when I restart the computer the same connection shows on the boot-loader screen. But when I am on the Windows 7, I am unable to see the same connection in WIFI connection list. I was earlier able to connect it, but now it doesn't shows up in the list.

All other Wifi enabled devices viz. Android Phone, iPad are able to connect to the same connection & they are in the same room. So why I am unable to connect the iMac when on Windows 7.

How do I fix this?

A:Wireless Connection - WIFI connection not showing up

Hello,

Can you please provide us an ipconfig /all output for review?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/289918-wireless-connection-wifi-connection-not-showing-up.html
Relevancy 46.87%

What the hell is going on?

I have an Lenovo P500. Running 8.1. Intel N2230 wifi card

It does have a connection, every now and then it may drop but not really.

On the icon in the bottom right corner if I just hover the mouse over the wifi icon it is normal, name of connection and internet access. If I click the icon the purple box pops up on the right and it says The connection is limited.

I have tried rollback, installing an updated driver from Lenovo support, Disable bluetooth and a couple other.

Wifi works on every computer. Just this 8.1 it does not.

Whenever I restart the computer it forgets the password, I have to re enter the password every time even though I have connect automatically checked.

A:Windows 8.1 .. Wifi connection = The connection is limited

Are you trying to connect to a Public Wifi hotspot, or your own personal network?

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/67806-windows-8-1-wifi-connection-connection-limited.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Guys,

I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a network printer selected as the default in Windows 10. I have the option "Let Windows manage my default printer" turned off. At one point randomly, the default printer goes back to the Adobe PDF as the default.

Steps taken:

* I have checked the registry settings to ensure that the options "let Windows manage my default printer" is switched off. I can confirm this.
* Switched the default printer back to the network printer and performed a reboot. The network printer remains as the default. At some point of the day it goes back to Adobe PDF.
* Had a Microsoft support dude to look at the issue, but he has no idea either.

A few of my pilot users has also experience the same issue. Any ideas anyone?

A:Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Originally Posted by eichenbe

Hi Guys,

I'm getting quite frustrated with this issue and wondering if anyone has seen it, and able to resolve the issue. The issue is I have a network printer selected as the default in Windows 10. I have the option "Let Windows manage my default printer" turned off. At one point randomly, the default printer goes back to the Adobe PDF as the default.

Steps taken:

* I have checked the registry settings to ensure that the options "let Windows manage my default printer" is switched off. I can confirm this.
* Switched the default printer back to the network printer and performed a reboot. The network printer remains as the default. At some point of the day it goes back to Adobe PDF.

How mine is set up is
In settings
Go to Printer icon
Make sure your named printer is in default.
Turn on let Window manage your default printer.

Printer - Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer

That way if your printer you named was the last one used
The next time you go to print
Your printer should appear

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38644-default-network-printer-randomly-defaults-adobe-pdf-printer.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Guys,

Steps taken:

A:Default network printer randomly defaults to the adobe PDF printer

Originally Posted by eichenbe

Hi Guys,

Steps taken:

How mine is set up is
In settings
Go to Printer icon
Make sure your named printer is in default.
Turn on let Window manage your default printer.

Printer - Turn On or Off Let Windows 10 Manage Default Printer

That way if your printer you named was the last one used
The next time you go to print
Your printer should appear

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/38644-default-network-printer-randomly-defaults-adobe-pdf-printer.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I m an intern at a non-profit for the summer and was given my own webpages printer list printer printing in up when Network showing not little office The small problem I have is with trying to print webpages specifically the format that a page would be when you try to print off google maps When printing in other programs such as office I can select which printer There are network printers that Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages print double sided that are desktop units in other people s cubes and that is the fax machine However when printing off a webpage I am only Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages given two options quot MS Office Document Image Writer quot Network printer not showing up in printer list when printing webpages and quot Microsoft XPS Document Writer quot How can I make any of the other printers availible show up when I m trying to print a webpage The tech guy is covering about other jobs and told me I m free to fiddle add edit system stuff on my machine I tend to be pretty good about most things but am not experienced with networking Any help would be appreciated let me know if any clarification is necessary I m running Windows XP all current updates have been installed Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi guys Kind of annoying problem here I have an HP LaserJet hooked up via USB to a Mac that is running Leopard For the printer s first years or so everything was great I could get new computers set up to print to the printer with no troubles until recently Recently I upgraded my computer to Windows and wanted to get the printer working again I Roll Printer Network Drivers for Printer? Back attempted to install Roll Back Printer Drivers for Network Printer? the printer using the HP LaserJet PCL printer drivers It connected to the printer alright but every time I printed it came out with a PCL XL Error quot Error UnsupportedProtocol quot instead of my document Now every time I try to connect a new computer Windows or Windows XP doesn t matter the printer automatically installs the PCL driver for the printer which always prints out an error instead of the document I want I can t find a way to manually choose the driver when I m adding it because it s a network printer not one that s locally hooked up I tried installing the PCL driver manually but the printer still ONLY wants the PCL driver that gives me the errors I tried to go to quot Server Properties quot while in Printers and Faxes to roll back the PCL driver but Windows can t find a driver to roll it back to Now if I physically hook the printer up to the computer via a USB cable it installs the PCL Driver and it works but that s only when it s plugged directly in I m extremely frustrated and would like any guidance anyone can give me Thank you so much for your help in advance Christian nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/roll-back-printer-drivers-for-network-printer.882040/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a hp computer connected to a wireless linsky router and printer server. The computer starts printing for a while then it stops. When I look in my print jobs it shows the info is waiting to be printed and sometimes it says printer paused. The only way I can get it to print the jobs listed is to restart my computer and it automatically prints all the jobs. Also, if I go in to cancel the jobs it will not print anything until I restart.

A:Network printer stops printing/ or says printer pause

How are you connected? By what sort of network and what is the device in the printer to which you plug the network card.
This is fairly common in our area with those using Belkin Wireless.
But we find that most clients are not properly connecting everything in the network... using the Microsoft and HP network troubleshooting usually cures the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-printer-stops-printing-or-says-printer-pause.121714/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I have a wireless adsl router in preparation for broadband arriving in our area soon long story and have some questions Network help!?!? Wifi Wifi Router / I have a laptop with wifi card and want to setup a home network with this and my PC plugged-in via LAN Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? cable to the router laptop is XP PC is Win Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? K I can t seem to get this to work one minute the PC can see the laptop in network neighbourhood and then the other way round but I can never access shared directories on either is there a good guide somewhere to Wifi Router / Wifi Network help!?!? set this up Also shouldn t I be able to use the router from the PC as if it were a wifi card i e on the laptop once the wifi card is plugged in it displays all wifi networks in the area and their signal strength etc how can I do this using the router PC With the laptop I can connect to our neighbours wifi router and use their bradband connection but I want to do the same from the PC is that possible Thanks in advance all P S router is a D-Link DSL- nbsp

Relevancy 46.44%

Okay, usually when you hover over the networks listed and available from the taskbar icon, you get a nice little window with a few helpful tidbits of info for each listed network when you mouse action hover over the names. It tells you the encryption type, and the SSID, plus a few other details.

Well, on my computer, the information is appearing behind the list to where I can't read it. The network list is overlapping on top of the hover info. Talk about annoying. I searched for various things on google, with no luck. I tried:

Windows 7 network list obscuring hover details, and various other combinations to no avail. Anyone here have a clue what might be breaking this? I'd like the hover details to appear properly so I can read it. In the meantime I've installed the free version of Acrylic Wifi to work around the issue. Thanks.

A:Wifi Network info/details appearing behind Network List on hover.

The problem must be driver based or an add-on program because I don't get any of that. All I get is the name and whether it's connected or not. Check that your adaptor driver is up to date and/or the program you use to display the data is up to date.

Forgot to mention:
Dell adds "bloatware" to their PCs to "improve the user's experience" so I would check Dell Support for your specific model and look for updates.

Dell Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/366682-wifi-network-info-details-appearing-behind-network-list-hover.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I'm building a subscription wifi network for our area.

Cisco Aironet 1550 series: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5679/ps11451/data_sheet_c78-641373.html
Proxim Orinocor series: http://www.proxim.com/products/enterprise-wireless-lan-wi-fi-mesh/orinocor-wi-fi-mesh-series

The Proxim seems like the better product, and sells for a bit less.

Will I need to purchase anything else besides several of these for the network? I'm assuming the 'home' router connects to a PC (or the PC via the gateway address) for managing the network.

Thanks allot for your insight.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wifi-wimax-network-creating-a-subscription-network.1011867/
Relevancy 45.58%

Is there a way to setup network profiles or something so that when I bring my Surface Pro to work and connect to the wireless network there it will use the static ip address I have but when I disconnect and then connect to my home wifi it will go back to DHCP? On my MacBook Pro I can go into the network settings and change the location profile I have setup for networks but I don't see anything like this for Windows 8.

A:Specific network settings based on wifi network

You can go into IPv4 Properties of this NIC, then you can use the Alternate configuration tab to set up the alternate IP, or use the Advanced tab to add a static IP/gateway/DNS etc. to TCP/IP.

http://www.eightforums.com/network-sharing/29158-specific-network-settings-based-wifi-network.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have windows 7 32 bit on my hp 530 notebook. Since a few days when i try to connect to any network it shows connected but when i click on networks it says identifying network. I do have the latest drivers. I have windows 8 installed and wifi works fine in it.

Please reply.

Relevancy 45.58%

I'm new to Win 8 64 bit & managed to load up another HP Netork Printer but the HP 1320 Network Printer is a no go using current HP Help Site Drivers...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Doug

Toshiba Satellite Laptop
Win 8 64 bit
celetron 1.8 ghz 4 gb ram

A:Win 8 64 bit Printer Driver for HP 1320 Network Printer...

Quote:

Originally Posted by artision

I'm new to Win 8 64 bit & managed to load up another HP Netork Printer

Do you mean you installed the Universal Print Driver ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/win-8-64-bit-printer-driver-for-hp-1320-network-printer-726321.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello,

I have an HP Business Inkjet 1200 printer conected to a Win98 computer. There is access to it from several computers some have W98 some W2000 OS. All except (unfortunately my ) computer, W2000, cannot connect to it, giving error message "The data area passed to a system call is too small", corresponding to Error 122 = ERROR_INSUFFICIENT_BUFFER. I tried to uninstall all printer drivers, I deleted all HP printed related keys in registry, all HP related .inf filed from inf folder and tried to install this only printer, still get the same error. Does anyone had similar problem before or have idea to solve the problem ?

Thank you,
Sabri Iskit

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-printer-coulnt-connect-to-a-network-printer.436499/
Relevancy 45.15%

I am having trouble printing from Toshiba laptop to a new Brother printer.

The PC to Printer was originally

Note
Toshiba > Wifi > Router > WiFi > Brother printer
... and printing was successful

BUT when I substituted ...

Note
Toshiba > LAN > Router > WiFi > Brother printer

... disabled WiFi from PC to router
... printer does not print

I disabled PC to Router WiFi, assuming the LAN connection from PC to router would not "spoil" the router > Printer marriage.

Is it safe practice to have both LAN and WiFi connection between PC and Router ?
I assumed they would clash

The PC has a semi permanent place at a dedicated place, but on occasions I have to rely on WiFi in non LAN locations.

What am I doing wrong?

A:PC to Printer via WiFi and/or LAN

From my point of view this network isn't set up correctly but that may be because of the way you have it labeled.

Everything needs to be downstream of the router, as in modem>router>PC's either wired or wireless. Wired or wireless won't matter when they are connected correctly.

I'm not sure why you are showing the PC first or if that is actually how you have it but the modem and the router needs to be the first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/304223-pc-printer-via-wifi-lan.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi -

Using a Dell win xp pro laptop - with an HP 460 usb/wifi printer. Printer works fine in cabled usb mode.

Laptop is connected to a wifi network with the printer, which I have named 'hpsetup'.

I currently have windows managing wireless connectisons; although I could switch to having 'intel/PROset wireless' manage.

Maybe I am missing something basic here - how do I print using wifi? The laptop does not show the printer; nor does it see it when I ask it to search for a printer.

Can one print to a wifi printer; without the printer being connected to at least one machine?

Thank you in advance.

A:Wifi printer not seen by win xp ?

Some wifi printers will not work or be available to a wifi network with the USB cable connected. Have you shared the printer on your Dell laptop? Do all your networked PCs belong to the same workgroup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wifi-printer-not-seen-by-win-xp.92919/